Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 Installation "required CD/DVD drive deivice driver is missing..."

Q: Windows 7 Installation "required CD/DVD drive deivice driver is missing..."

Hi,
I have completed my first custom build computer everything so far has worked fine, but on attempting to install Windows 7 I keep running into this problem. I know this is a common error because of the large amount of forums discussing it, but I still see no fixes despite trying many of the suggestions. Please help!

My specs are:
MSI Motherboard 970A-G46
AMD FX-8350 CPU
(need to know any other specifics, let me know)

Thanks!!
J

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 Installation "required CD/DVD drive deivice driver is missing..."

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 Installation "required CD/DVD drive deivice driver is missing..."

The CD/DVD device driver is a part of Windows and is installed automatically. What type of CD/DVD drive do you have? Is it an IDE or is it SATA? Boot into Setup (Bios) is the drive listed there? If IDE, set the jumper pin to CS (cable select)
Try the Microsoft FixIt: Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-installation-required-cd-dvd-drive-deivice-driver-is-missing-686439.html
Relevancy 89.59%

anyone please help me before this i'm able to format my laptop into windows 7 ultimate x64 bit but now when i'm trying to format using the same dvd windows installer a message prevent me from format "required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing". i also downloaded a new iso and burn it into a new dvd and also usb but both with the same results. then i borrowed my friend dvd installer and it works i can install windows. now i want to format it again download a new iso but that error still prevents me from installing new windows help please

A:"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" error install win

What operation system did your Laptop come with?

Where are you downloading the ISO for Windows 7 from?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/374595-required-cd-dvd-drive-device-driver-missing-error-install-win.html
Relevancy 89.59%

I have what appears to be a common problem with Win as I've seen numerous users ask this question here amp on other forums but so far none of the suggested fixes that I've found have worked for me I'm trying to install the full retail version of Win Home Premium on a new SATA hard drive is ERROR: missing" CD/DVD driver device "A required drive in a new -bit PC ERROR: "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" I'm doing this because the drive that came with the PC had Win Pro on it but it was a trial version and I don't have a key or disc for it However I have a new copy of Win Home Premium and since I can't downgrade without hacking the registry which didn't work either btw I decided to get a new HD amp start over with Win HP However when I try to start the installation from the disc after I click quot Install Now quot I get the error message quot A required CD DVD drive device driver is missing quot I'm stuck there The Win disc allows you to remove the installation disc at that point amp put whatever CD DVD you want in the drive to try and find the drivers you need so I tried the disc that came with the motherboard which is a FoxComm I'm able to get into the motherboard's installation disc amp select quot x quot under quot driver quot amp also under quot floppy quot When I select those files I get a quick green moving horizontal band like it's downloaded the driver If I select any other folder or drive I get the error message quot No device drivers were found quot otherwise so I believe I'm on the right track But still I get the same message when I put the Win disc back in --- quot A required CD DVD drive device driver is missing quot I also tried installing an ISO image and that didn't work Any suggestions besides getting my -lb sledgehammer out of the garage amp making a few quot adjustments quot to this PC

A:ERROR: "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing"

Try Cleaning the HD Drive, using Step one in this tutorial:
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation
& than Reboot PC to install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/267355-error-required-cd-dvd-drive-device-driver-missing.html
Relevancy 89.59%

What I'm trying to do Ultimately I want to have a clean install wipe everything of Windows on my computer What my computer state was before the driver is drive required other missing" "A and CD/DVD device errors trouble Windows Home Premium and Linux dual boot Everything worked great and dandy except intermittent "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" and other errors issues with DVD drive not reading disks All my files were saved to external hard drive Ready to be wiped and have just one instance of Windows installed No dual boot What I did to break it I deleted my Linux partition using the instructions found here I also had other partitions my primary one which has Windows on it and two others that care pre-installed on the machine when I purchased it brand new I can't recall their labels but I think one had quot data quot in the name with some numbers and the other was quot restore quot I might be totally wrong about that though I decided quot What the heck I've never needed these before quot and so I deleted both of those as well I'm guessing this was a poor decision but what do I know The computer ran fine while it was still on but when I rebooted to see if my linux partition was gone that's where it all went wrong What's wrong and how I've tried to fix it When I start it up I get a black screen with the grub rescue terminal and this text quot error no such partition grub rescue gt quot Don't know much about grub anything at all actually but after some googling I tried to create a Windows Repair Disk and run it Burned the disk following the instructions here Put it in my computer checked BIOS verified that it would boot from DVD drive before hard drive and started it up Exact same issue As mentioned above my DVD drive has intermittent issues reading disks Assuming intermittant has become always I'm guess that's why this didn't work Then I decided to create the Recovery Tools on a flash drive I followed the instructions here made sure BIOS would read from a flash drive first stuck it in and booted it up Got a black screen with saying this quot Error loading operating system quot and nothing else Decided to try the USB drive with the exact files Windows had put on my disk so I reformatted the flash drive copied the files over from the DVD I had burned the contents were nearly identical file had it's name in all caps before and it was lowercase afterwards and tried again This time I got this error and nothing else quot Missing operating system quot At this point I decided to just download Windows and try a clean install of that I downloaded it to a flash drive using instructions here and tried to install it This time it actually pulled up the Windows install page where I can choose quot Install now quot or quot Repair your Computer quot I selected quot Install now quot and it required my product key I gave it my Windows key which I triple verified but it kept telling me quot Invalid product key quot Fine Not sure why but fine Went back and selected the quot Repair your Computer quot option instead Then quot Troubleshoot quot - gt quot Reset this PC quot - gt quot Remove everything quot - gt quot All Drives quot - gt quot Reset quot It goes for a few minutes and then very generically tells me quot There was an error resetting your're computer quot At another point I tried selecting only the primary drive instead of all drives Not sure what other drives it even thought I had at first though with the same results At another point I tried to reset but keep my information and it gave me this error quot The drive where windows is installed is locked Unlock the drive and try again quot And at another point I retried exactly the steps of the first Windows quot Repair your Computer quot but before it got to the part where I select a drive I got the error quot Unable to reset your PC A required drive partition is missing quot Lastly I downloaded a copy of Windows put it to another flash drive following ... Read more

A:"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" and other errors

Solved it! And then went and cried in a corner because it was so simple.

Something I had failed to realize in the past was that of the 4 USB ports on my laptop, two of them are USB 3.0 ports. During my efforts, I had tried the thumb drives on (by sheer chance) both of the 3.0 ports rather than the 2.0 ones. My laptop (and most other modern computers I believe) require extra drivers to be downloaded before being able to use the 3.0 ports that aren't on the computer's firmware. That was the drivers it was complaining about not having.

So, for other troubled souls having the same issue in the future; verify that the port you are trying to load the USB on is a 2.0 port rather than a 3.0 port. The difference is pretty easy to spot when you're looking for it. USB 3.0 ports have an "SS" (for Super Speed) next to the US symbol, whereas USB 2.0 ports do not. See below image for a visual.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/377099-required-cd-dvd-drive-device-driver-missing-other-errors.html
Relevancy 89.59%

I am using Windows XP SP 2 in a desktop PC. But I wanted to install Windows 7 to my computer. So I got a dvd and during installing it from boot from dvd mode, first I get the "select language and time" dialog box, I click next and then this message appears -
"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD or USB flash drive, please insert it now."
I read many threads on the internet regarding this problem, but I didn't try any of those in fear that I might misunderstand something and worsen the condition.
Can anyone give me a step by step info on what to do?
If you need any extra information please ask.

A:"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" during install

Take a look at these posts:
Windows 7 Installation Errors : Troubleshoot Step by Step
Common Installation Problems and Their Solutions
Questions to use for help with Installation Issues
Tutorial quick reference list for Installing Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/196763-required-cd-dvd-drive-device-driver-missing-during-install.html
Relevancy 89.59%

Tried everything and by everything i do mean everything spent required is CD/DVD during drive "A driver missing" install device close to a week frying my brains on this problem after getting to the select language and input screen it loads and then goes to a screen saying that the required CD DVD driver is missing tried different OS windows home home premium ultimate and proffesional it all ends up with missing drivers i mount burn them onto a gb scandisk cruzer blade i actually managed to install it the same exact way via that thumb drive and by some freak problem had to format everything even the os so all i hav now is an empty hard drive bios setting and my bootable usb drive i set the bios to AHCI and vice versa to IDE i dont have RAID though i tried installing a AHCI controller from the driver disk that came with my notebook but to no succes tried searching for my hard drive driver even though my bios recognizes it im really at my wits end here my notebook is an Asus Pro sd or U sd hard disk is a fujitsu mhz bj g please help "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" during install guys

A:"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" during install

That message is usually an indication of a corrupt installer.

Try downloading a clean, official ISO:

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/243241-required-cd-dvd-drive-device-driver-missing-during-install.html
Relevancy 89.59%

My computer was running the other day when the surge protector it is connected to tripped When drive missing", cd/dvd NIGHTMARE:"Required is device crcdisk.sys driver V64 hangup... I reset the surge protector V64 NIGHTMARE:"Required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing", crcdisk.sys hangup... and turned the computer on it hung for about minutes on the Vista loading screen before restarting First I checked to make sure that all of my hardware was still working I opened the case and there were no bulging or leaky capacitors so I thought that was a good sign I then checked BIOS and all of my hardware was still recognized and functional hard drives whir when accessed DVD drive opens closes V64 NIGHTMARE:"Required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing", crcdisk.sys hangup... and tries to read discs Next I tried booting into safe mode The booting process always gets hung up on quot crcdisk sys quot and I have to turn the computer off I tried Googling for various fixes but most of them involved turning off SATA support which is no good since my DVD drive and hard drives are all use the SATA interface After that I got out my Windows Vista Ultimate -bit installation disc to try to create a partition on another HDD so I could at least recover my data before reformatting None of my HDDs are recognized when I try to perform a repair operation I've tried supplying it with about ten different HDD and chipset drivers via USB drive to no avail and when I try to do a clean install I get the message quot Required cd dvd drive device driver is missing quot I am past the point of frustration but I don't have the money to shell out to have a professional fix the problem or recover my data Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:V64 NIGHTMARE:"Required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing", crcdisk.sys hangup...

Hi, do not do anything else to your system. It may already be too late (reinstall time). It appears the power outage impacted on one of your devices and now you have a corrupt crcdisk.sys file (actually it's a driver) now it controls filters and since your CD drive is effected most likely upper and lower filters.. problem is you introduced no third party programs to cause this (usual cause) so my first advice is to save your data slave your HDD to another computer and back up the data unless you already have a backup regime?

Ok this is new territory however I am confident. Boot with the Vista DVD go past the language setup and startup repair (I would try this just in case) now if it fails (i suspect it will) go on to "Repair your computer" select "command prompt" at the prompt type :-

Code:
devmgmt.msc press enter
Now in device manager go to the main menu and select "view" then "show hidden devices" scroll down to "Non plug and Play Drivers" expand and go to "crcdisk filter driver" right click and select "uninstall" Restart the computer windows will recreate a fresh copy and hopefully all will be well.. Remember this is an original fix (I just came up with it tested and it works)) so do BACK up first even a system restore from the advanced "repair your computer" option is worth a try.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/v64-nightmare-required-cd-dvd-drive-device-driver-is-missing-crcdisk-sys-hangup-348425.html
Relevancy 89.28%

I am getting the quot A required CD DVD drive device driver is missing quot messageafter setup has started and run for about minutes I've noticed that my installer is also running very slowly and hangs for nearly minutes at the blue background before launching the 'Language' screen "A drive is driver CD/DVD missing" device required Every step is similarly slow until I reach the brick wall that is "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" the above error message Thank you in advance for any help tossed my way After working on this for two days I'm desparate for a fix All I want to do is a clean install of I don't care about saving any data and I planned on reformatting anyway However I can't reformat until the Windows installer decides to cooperate Thus far I've seen a lot of people with the same problem I have and no solid way to get around it I'm not even sure if anyone knows the exact problem Some believe it's got something to do with SATA compatibility and others are saying that the ISO may be corrupt and yet more people are trying to find exactly which driver the installer wants I'm at wits end please help me Specs are as follows Media Type ISO downloaded from Digital River GB Upgrade or Custom Install Upgrading from Windows XP x to Windows Home x via Boot DVD Chipset and make and model of machine Model N PV-GS North Bridge NVIDIA GeForce PV Revision A South Bridge NVIDIA nForce a Revision A CPU AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor Cpu Socket Socket AM LG DVD Model HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH LS SATA SEAGATE ST AS GB HDD SATA I've tried re-burning at x with different disks and the results have been the same At the moment I'm re-downloading the ISO and am going to go buy new DVD R disks because someone said that had some small chance of helping Anything that anyone can contribute to a solution would be great I'm sick of running XP and not being able to take advantage of DirectX anyway Merry Christmas Microsoft might deserve coal for this one

A:"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing"

Could be a setting in your BIOS which is preventing the CD/DVD drive being detected properly. I'm not 100% sure the option might be, but it's to do with the hard-disk detection settings. Set it as legacy, or compatibility mode instead of enhanced. Not sure if it will work but its worth a shot. You could also try defaulting your BIOS settings but make a note of the configuration before you change any settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/49001-required-cd-dvd-drive-device-driver-missing.html
Relevancy 89.28%

I'm trying to install Windows 7 on this device which says it supports Windows 7: Gizmo 2 | GizmoSphere

Apparently their support is nonexistent so I'm forced to ask this here instead.

This is the error I'm getting which prevents me from continuing with the installation:
What does it mean exactly and what can be done?

As you can see from the link this is a single board PC like the Intel NUC and does not have any CD/DVD drive device.

The ISO was ''burned'' to a micro SD card with the official Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool and inserted to the device's micro SD card slot. And then again to a USB stick. Both give this error. Trying on my notebook and desktop I don't get that error.

A:"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing..."

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
You don't really say what type of hard drive you have connected to this board to install windows on

I would imagine the installer is not seeing the hdd to install on thus the driver message.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/379382-required-cd-dvd-drive-device-driver-missing.html
Relevancy 89.28%

Specs OS Windows Ultimate CPU Intel Core i K Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z Memory GB Graphics Card Asus Geforce GTX -TI Hard Drives Kingston HyperX K GB WD TB WD TB I installed a drive "A required driver device is missing." SSD on my about year old system I had a couple of problems while I wanted to install the OS on the SSD but I managed to create a new Hard Drive Partition and install the OS At this point this was the quot F quot drive and I had a dual boot with the quot C quot drive Everything worked fine Later I tried to format the C in my computer and change the quot C quot drive to quot G quot so I could have the SSD as the C drive Neither of these worked and I just recieved an error When I rebooted the machine the message quot BOOTMGR IS MISSING quot I asked my friend for help and he told me to do a clean windows install So I burned an ISO image to a DVD-R disc at the lowest speed and booted up the disc I clicked quot Innstall Now quot and after quot setup is starting quot I get the error message quot A required drive device driver is missing If you have a driver floppy disk CD DVD or USB Flash Drive please insert it now Note If the Windows installation media is in the CD DVD drive you can safely remove it for this step quot I read on some forums that this is most likely the ISO image "A required drive device driver is missing." So I downloaded a new one and burnt it again Still the same problem I also tried to install Linux Ubuntu just to have an Operating System but there also I got an error message quot Unable to find a medium containing Live file system quot Any Help

A:"A required drive device driver is missing."

Where did you get Win7? How is it being activated?

The error is almost always a bad installer.

The installer should be booted to Clean Install Windows 7 deleting all partitions on the HD to create new as you please. It will always install to C if correctly booted to install. There is no reason to do it otherwise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/305302-required-drive-device-driver-missing.html
Relevancy 86.18%

I've been trying to install Windows on my Asus Q L which came with W already installed via USB I faced a problem - while the laptop was able to start the initials steps the black screen where it shows the copying process of the Windows files i driver windows upon 7 required "A device missing" install is CD/DVD couldn't go any further than the step at which i need to choose a partition to install the OS on It simply says quot A required CD DVD device driver is missing quot - when you start Windows or Windows Vista from the setup disk quot I tried Shift-F to start the CMD and format the HDD NTFS format on the spot "A required CD/DVD device driver is missing" upon windows 7 install restarted same error message I disabled Fast Boot in the BIOS the SATA controller is set to AHCI I tried several topics Tom's Hardware forum and elsewhere but i still cant find a definitive answer I read that maybe i should change the AHCI controller to IDE only issue i face is that in BIOS i get no options - there's only AHCI as a choice no IDE no RAID Any Ideas How do i get IDE controller option to appear in the BIOS settings via the registry keys or maybe i need to download that IDE controller not sure if thats possible from the Intel's website intel core i is the CPU of my laptop if that's of any help Thank you

A:"A required CD/DVD device driver is missing" upon windows 7 install

Check out this tutorial Windows 7 Installation Failure - Overcome
May give you some ideas regards uefi bios

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/355695-required-cd-dvd-device-driver-missing-upon-windows-7-install.html
Relevancy 83.39%

Well i "A 7 device required CD/DVD Windows is missing". drive have a Dell Inspiron N The problem was two weeks ago i was using my computer normally then i restarted it so to make it a little faster It was running slow So when i restart it enters normally later it freezes i could move the cursor but neither open or execute files or programs I did a System restore with dell Backup Windows 7 "A required CD/DVD drive device is missing". and Recovery default installed It worked normally but after i restart it says quot BOOTMGR IS MISSING quot I did what Windows 7 "A required CD/DVD drive device is missing". i knew and copy the bootmgr in the C drive but later it said quot No operating system found quot something like that After thet i managed to reinstall windows but that is when this problem came When i install it says Quote A required CD DVD drive device driver is missing If you have a driver floppy disk CD DVD or USB flash drive please insert it now I have the drivers because i had the driver cd and managed to find the What i supposed it was AHCI ATA Sata driver But it didn t work I have tried with windows Professional x English spanish version and nothing Please help i need my laptop for studies Also Tried installing windows Thin pc and it permits me installation but not sure if i could update to professional or something DELL INSPIRON N INTEL INSIDE I GB RAM GB HDD BIOS VERSION A

A:Windows 7 "A required CD/DVD drive device is missing".

Quote:
I did a System restore with dell Backup and Recovery default installed..

You mean you did go back to factory defaults? If so.... why the heck?

Can you do that procedure again. It is succesfully? After reboot still "bootmgr is missing"? Post results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/313964-windows-7-required-cd-dvd-drive-device-missing.html
Relevancy 110.94%

Hello everyone first post and thread After many hours today looking for answers to this problem in many threads and websites I've finally decided to post to get some help from you guys Any help would be greatly appreciated I have just finished building a new desktop here is the config Intel Core i - K ASUS P P Pro Intel P CORSAIR Dominator CMP GX M A C x GB OCZ Vertex II Series SATA II quot SSD GB SAMSUNG Spinpoint F TB SAPPHIRE HD GB Fractal Design Define R CORSAIR HX SONY OPTIARC AD- S SATA DVD RW Using access to MSDN-AA I got an ISO and key for Windows Pro x DVD Win7 device CD/DVD "A is driver Install required during missing" - English "A required CD/DVD device driver is missing" during Win7 Install I then burnt the ISO to a DVD using my current computer a WinXP year old ACER laptop When trying to do the clean install of Win Pro on the new desktop the installer starts up fine but after choosing my language and regional settings I get the famous quot A required CD DVD device driver is missing quot error Here are the things I have tried in vain Installing the various available SATA drivers from the ASUS motherboard DVD This doesn't help and gives a quot No new devices could be found quot error Reburning the ISO with ImgBurn at x speed with verify on Redownloading the ISO from MSDN-AA and reburning the new ISO at x speed Note that I would have tried to make a bootable flashdrive of the ISO using this guide Install Windows From USB Drive Pen Drive but since I'm on Win XP on my current computer DiskPart doesn't work in the same way I therefore cannot do this at least not in the manner described in that guide Talking of DiskPart I called up the command window in the Win installer and it shows NO drives at all In the ASUS EFI BIOS I have chosen boot priority for the DVD drive and the two hard drives can be seen from there although the SSD cannot be chosen as a priority for booting which is weird and possibly linked to this problem I think I've said everything Thanks in advance for any help

A:"A required CD/DVD device driver is missing" during Win7 Install

Use the MS Download tool to write ISO to flash stick: Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

If this fails, check the HASH against official: http://www.dasmirnov.net/blog/window...-hash-checksum

Make sure you have the latest BIOS update, or reset the CMOS. Set SATA controller to AHCI first, then IDE if that fails.

Remove all but 2gb of RAM to try install, swap RAM, test RAM if necessary.

If HD is used, wipe it with zeroes before install: SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/143145-required-cd-dvd-device-driver-missing-during-win7-install.html
Relevancy 110.94%

Hi there I was wondering if any of you could help me out I have a Dell XPS when missing" required Win7 installing driver "A device CD/DVD is msg z L Z laptop bit Windows GB hard drive GB RAM Two nights ago I was factory restoring the laptop to its default settings when partway through the screen flickered a couple times and then restarted with a message saying BOOTMGR IS MISSING PRESS CTRL ALT DEL TO RESTART Weird It s not doing "A required CD/DVD device driver is missing" msg when installing Win7 anything I unfortunately don t have the DVD s for the laptop except for one driver disc I popped it into the laptop and it didn t even read the disc it "A required CD/DVD device driver is missing" msg when installing Win7 just spit it back out Tried it a few more times and nothing doing I didn t want to force it in so I figure that wasn t working I downloaded an ISO copy of Windows and put it onto a bootable USB key "A required CD/DVD device driver is missing" msg when installing Win7 and changed the boot sequence in the BIOS so the USB key loaded first Thankfully it did however when I click on Install Now a window pops up saying A required CD DVD drive device driver is missing If you have a driver floppy disk CD DVD or USB flash drive please insert it now Note If the Windows installation media is in the CD DVD drive you can safely remove it for this step Since my CD DVD drive doesn t seem to be working I m not really sure what I should do here I ve read up on this topic today and a lot of people have been suggesting to switch the USB key into a different port but that hasn t done the trick for me Really looking forward to somebody helping me out with this It s been a frustrating couple of days to say the least I just want to install my Windows and move on NOTE It doesn t matter to be whether or not the stuff on my hard drive remains intact I had like mp s and a few pictures on there so keeping the data on there is not a big deal

A:"A required CD/DVD device driver is missing" msg when installing Win7

Not sure what you used to put the iso file on the flash drive with, but.......

Try Rufus or Wintobootic, they both work perfectly

Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

WiNToBootic bootable usb drive windows vista/7/8 - Bootable USB | Bootable USB

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323741-required-cd-dvd-device-driver-missing-msg-when-installing-win7.html
Relevancy 110.51%

I am trying to install Windows 7 64 bit from XP SP3, and I get to the ready to install page and I get an error that says it needs DVD/CD drive drivers. I could not find any for this and I can't move forward unless I find them. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. DH-20A4P-04 is the model number again.

A:"A required CD/DVD Device driver is missing" Error

It doesn't look like you are running a raid, do you have that turned off in the bios?

Is you DVD a SATA drive and is it plugged into the normal controller?

I don't think it is related, but if you have "PnP OS installed" in the bios or vice versa, you might try the other selection.

Are there any bios upgrades?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/31507-required-cd-dvd-device-driver-missing-error.html
Relevancy 106.21%

I have a 2 year old Inspiron 7437 that I just replaced the hard drive on since my old drive died.  I also purchased a $20 thumb drive from Dell that was supposed to reinstall the windows 8 OS.  I did this and it did install windows 8, but I got a report that said drive partitioning did not occur properly.  Windows does come up -- but there seems to be some missing drivers/software --- there is no internet/networking capability.  I tried to do a reset/reinstall with same thumb drive, but the F12 procedure will not work and comes with this error message:
"unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing"
Super frustrated with Dell right now - since I was sold on fact that replacing OS was easy with this thumb drive. Any advice would be appreciated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19981609
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi my attempt to install windows today ended in When I boot from the DVD choose the Language and press quot Install quot I get an Error message stating quot A DVD CD drive device driver is missing If you have a driver CD Floppy please insert it now quot Here are my specifications- HP Pavilion p f Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion p f Desktop PC device missing" "DVD setup installation in drive Win7 drivers - HP technical support Austria - English I have experienced this same problem with Vista x and x "DVD drive device drivers missing" in Win7 installation setup I am trying to clean install Windows bit I put the drivers on a thumb drive and Browse to it when prompts me Funny thing is Windows reads all the other files on the thumb drive like psds flas skps and so on but it just plays stupid to the actual drivers for the motherboard chipset The system rejects XP and I was forced to put Ubuntu on it Ubuntu sucks nothing runs I know all about WINE to get some programs to run but I use the entire Adobe Suite

A:"DVD drive device drivers missing" in Win7 installation setup

Try this:

USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/installat...-problems.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/88297-dvd-drive-device-drivers-missing-win7-installation-setup.html
Relevancy 98.04%

I could salvage CD installing a I drive" stuck get on "missing for 7 when driver WIN the files on my Asus Eec PC thanks to incredible efforts of Cactussoft on this forum a few weeks ago Now I decided to follow his advice and do a clean install using Digital River s WIN ISO WIN Pro swedish x - my I get stuck on a "missing driver for CD drive" when installing WIN 7 Asus has NO inst disc downloaded the ISO file removed the quot ei cfg quot file burned the image to a disc and tried to install it on my Eee PC Since it has no own DVD drive I use an external DVD LG GP NU USB drive The installations starts but after I set up the language and keyboard and get the interface asking me to click INSTALL and I click that nothing happens for a while I get stuck on a "missing driver for CD drive" when installing WIN 7 and then I get the message that necessary driver for the LG DVD drive is missing I must install the driver before the inst can proceed further Strange I thought this driver was on the WIN ISO disc - when I plug in my DVD drive into my stationery PC running WIN although x the DVD drive is installed automatically and works fine Anyway I am then asked to install the driver either from a USB stick or another CD disc I downloaded the LG driver on my stationary PC unzipped it put it on a USB stick insertedit into my Asus USB port and clicked USB as source of the driver files but to no avail I get the message than the driver cannot be found no matter what I do I m probably doing something wrong Any ideas how to remedy this stumbling block

A:I get stuck on a "missing driver for CD drive" when installing WIN 7

This is one of the many inherent problems with regards to upgrading the OS on those type of Netbooks. They come with just the bare minimum hardware/software including the so called starter OS to function properly with any other OS other than what's installed. They are designed that way and are not meant to be upraded. This is to say that it can't be done. Many owners of those netbooks have upgraded the OS successfully. Personally I don't see the point in buying something that is that inadequate from the start and then turn around and spend more money on a upgrade OS and RAM when that time and money could have been saved and best spent by getting a mid level laptop from the start. It's just my opinion.

As for your problem, first backup any data you want to keep. Then my best advice would be to restore the notebook to factory condition by using the built in hidden partiton/software. How to Restore the EeePC to its Factory Settings ? EeePC Tips
Then you can try using the ISO 7 pro you have and see if it will take.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/261856-i-get-stuck-missing-driver-cd-drive-when-installing-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 97.61%

Okay I have an ATI Radeon on my Windows XP system and one day after my dad had used the computer the D video driver stoppeed working He can t recall doing anything So it goes I think quot whatever quot downloaded the latest Catalyst drivers and try to install it only to get the message quot INF Error Video Driver Not Found quot and then quot Try to set up your adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot I tried googling for info apparently it s a common-ish issue but I never found anything that worked ATI Drivers Error", VGA Installing Driver Catalyst "INF "Missing" I tried uninstalling anything ATI and then installing to no avail I tried uninstalling the error-listed VGA adapter from the Device Manager and then running install which didn t work Rebooting after that also didn t work it popped up with quot New hardware found quot after the "INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers reboot but it couldn t find the proper drivers After an unedifying series of adventures I got to http www msi com tw program support download dld spt dld detail php UID amp kind which has several drivers for my mobo I first downloaded obviously the VGA "INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers driver and tried to run setup Unfortunately after preparing the install an Error message pops up saying quot The system "INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers cannot detect the device please confirm that the device is configured properly and restart the setup program quot I then tried downloading the AGP upgrade installed it but nothing changed I also downloaded the BIOS update since it mentioned a VGA upgrade but I m uncomfortable with upgrading the BIOS if it s possible that that s not the main issue I ve tried using add remove programs to remove any ATI from my computer I ve tried using older drivers I ve tried reinstalling Windows XP on a different Hard Drive Nothing seems to work If this could be solved ASAP that would be lovely as I m going through video game withdrawl here also scrolling in Firefox is all jerky and some videos are jerky when playing Robbie B P s A nearly identical problem came up here http www techspot com vb topic html and no one sorted it out for that guy I hope this goes better nbsp

A:"INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers

the radeon is not integrated with your motherboard, and the onboard video has probably been disabled in the BIOS. to install the appropriate drivers for an ATI radeon 8500 card you need to download and install the drivers from ati's website. from there you can download the latest version of catalyst and install that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inf-error-vga-driver-missing-installing-ati-catalyst-drivers.55154/
Relevancy 97.61%

So I have this problem that it would appear heaps of others have I have a drive CD/DVD device missing" required ?A is Kogan Agora pro Kogan Agora Netbook PRO - Kogan Technologies Pty Ltd It does have a sata hdd I looked through the BIOS but couldn't find any ?A required CD/DVD drive device is missing" places to change the sata settings to AHCI or raid I am trying to ?A required CD/DVD drive device is missing" install from a usb key using an ISO I created from an install dvd but had the same problem with a downloaded iso Also tried to install using the default language settings As identified by David in another thread but no luck I think it relates to the SATA HDD I put the drivers for the netbook onto a seperate usb drive which it finds and lists in the box but none of the drivers do anything hit next it thinks about things for a while then says no new drivers found I am really starting to get a bit ticked and regretting my move away from linux If it wasn't for a few particular programs I use that don't work on linux i would have given up ages ago Any help would be hugely appreciated Cheers J

A:A required CD/DVD drive device is missing"

Hello, Welcome!

This has come up millions of times before: let me link you.

Required CD/DVD drive driver is missing during install

Load Driver: Required CD/DVD Drive Device Driver: HELP!

Required CD/DVD driver is missing

and 2,999,997 others. You can find them if you search here.

Hope this helps,
~Jonathan

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/50715-required-cd-dvd-drive-device-missing.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hello forum I have a windows laptop and a linux desktop both connected to the same screen using hdmi - since my screen has only HDMI input I use an HDMI splitter Every time I move from the linux to the windows laptop using a HDMI mini remote control I get a message from windows saying that in order to apply these changes I need to reboot Note that I also use the same wireless keyboard and mouse for both computers - each time I change from one computer to the other I unplug the USB that controls them and plug it in the computer I will use I think that the problem is related to the HDMI not the keyboard mouse usb - but I am not sure Needless to say that it is very annoying and is to "A device installation" reboot required complete I "A reboot is required to complete device installation" cant keep restarting the LT each time I move from one to the other I checked event viewer to see what causes this and these are the relevant messages - Device 'USB VID E amp PID amp MI amp a cec a amp amp ' requires installation Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnPConfig Configuration Kernel-PnPConfig Event id - A reboot is required to complete device installation of device 'USB VID E amp PID amp MI amp a cec a amp amp ' Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp DeviceInstall UserPnp Event id Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this make it stop requesting reboots Many thanks in advance linuxgirl

A:"A reboot is required to complete device installation"

Addition - I just plugged and unplugged the usb that controls the wireless keyboard and mouse (without moving to the other computer) and got the same request as above - so I think I was wrong and the plugging and unplugging of the wireless usb causes windows to try to "reinstall and restart" - question is why does it do that and how do I solve it? I tried to find pnp configurations that could be changed, but didn't find anything.

Thanks again!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/39956-reboot-required-complete-device-installation.html
Relevancy 94.17%

When i try to install ActiveSync 3.8 on my XP system I get the following error at the very end of Install.

Setup missing required file

Setup requires the file

c:\documents and settings\my name\local settings\temp\IXP000.tmp\support\nt5_supp.dll, which does not exist. Please run setup again

I have tried installing in safe mode, installing from the cd, installing after running "enditall". I have googled my error message and only had one hit with no feasible results. I am a novice. Have never tweaked the registry or anything like that.

Thanks for any help you can give.

A:ActiveSync "Setup Missing Required File"

Perhaps the cd or a file on the cd is damaged. Download the setup files from the net and install those.

Download activesync 3.8 here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/activesync-setup-missing-required-file.343117/
Relevancy 94.17%

I have a 200mhz system running windows 95, system resources are 78%, Each time I try to open a game to play: an error message appears that tells me "A required Dll file is missing" no other info is supplied. This occurs with all my games now. Command & Conquer, Commando's, Quake, etc.... I am aware that it may be my video driver, but need to find out where I might download it from, as I do not have a disk to reboot or load it from. please any suggestions that don't require the reloading from my startup disk, this pc came without one.

A:"Required Dll file missing" when games are loaded

Have you tried reloading the game?

We will need to know the brand and model of your video card to help you find the driver for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/required-dll-file-missing-when-games-are-loaded.35880/
Relevancy 93.31%

I bought a new laptop that has Orwellware Windows preinstalled I have a Windows Home Premium OS disk set that I d purchased previously for the specific purpose of installing on this system so as to bypass signing every last shred of my privacy rights away to the neo-totalitarian scum at MS and just after hitting quot Install quot and the quot Collecting Information quot phase begins up pops this message that says quot A required CD DVD drive device driver is missing If you have a driver floppy disk CD DVD or USB flash drive please insert it now quot Since this laptop Dell XPS w/10; Windows "Driver PC 7; Missing" New Clean installing does not have its own optical drive I m using New PC w/10; Clean installing Windows 7; "Driver Missing" a Dell external drive that I d previously connected to my desktop system to verify it s got its installed drivers Is this thing simply not going to allow me to wipe the drive and install a different OS Other information On starting up the new machine New PC w/10; Clean installing Windows 7; "Driver Missing" out of the box I get the Orwellware quot Agree to our -integrated keylogger spyware OS or go pound sand quot message I will not under any circumstances temporary or otherwise click the Accept button on that thing If that s a necessary precondition of performing this OS swap then I guess I m chucking this SSD in the dumpster - and Orwellware along with it - and buying a blank SSD So on getting the contract screen I simply turned off the computer rebooted via F and selected boot from DVD drive and I get this quot driver missing quot error Any advice I m really hoping I don t have to spring for a new blank drive just to get this system up and running Since it only arrived a couple of days ago there s a strong urge to just send the damned laptop back and buy a SE box on Ebay lt gt P S - Given that I m dealing with two Operating Systems and that Orwell appears to be the problem I ve put it on this forum If it needs to be moved to the Windows forum please do so and my apologies nbsp

Relevancy 93.31%

Been trying to fix this problem for 2 days now. First tried to boot with disc and got the driver error, I formatted a usb and got the same error. Tried changing sata from ahci to Ide, or raid did not work. updated my bios, tried installing the new drivers for my sata ports on my mobo, didnt work. I really dont know what to do now

A:Need help with installing Windows 7 "CD/DVD device driver is missing"

If you're using the USB Flash drive to install Windows . On the error window click on Ok twice . Then move the USB Flash Drive to another USB port on the PC and get back to the screen where it says Install Now and click on the Install Now button .

If that doesn't work try returning the DVD on a lower burning speed .

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/297495-need-help-installing-windows-7-cd-dvd-device-driver-missing.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I'm trying to install Windows 7 on a clean hard drive I just bought, and right at the beginning of the installation I get the error message "a CD/DVD drive device driver is missing." I googled around a bit and found some people with the same issue, and their solution was to download the firmware drivers for their computer and install them off a flash drive. I tried that, but even after installing all the drivers I can, I get the same error. I'm really not sure what to do now at this point, so any help would be much appreciated.

I'm doing this on a Dell XPS 410 with a new Western Digital 1TB hard drive I bought seperately.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-cd-dvd-device-driver-is-missing-while-installing-windows-7.836949/
Relevancy 92.88%

The story is that I have a web site that at some page has a reference to OCX that resides in CAB file signed etc If I enable quot SSL required quot check box for this site IE fails to install this OCX In log it shows 'Not enough space or incorrect browser configuration' error no details I used FileMon to check what happens with CAB and actually IE just fails to extract files from CAB to temp folder Each required" OCX "SSL problem installation with write operation OCX installation problem with "SSL required" fails so I get a set of traces like iexplore exe FASTIO WRITE C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp ICD tmp fgjjs dll FAILURE Offset Length This is IE OCX installation problem with "SSL required" site is on Win server And as I remember it does not make any sence what kind of user is looged on - admin or not The only solutoin was found to disable SSL and install OCX then enable it back Only installation is affected OCX can be launched with SSL enabled Thanks for any help

A:OCX installation problem with "SSL required"

please do this
Flash Fix (.osx)Click Start, Click on Run
Type into run:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash
Click Ok
Copy the Flash9.ocx file and then paste it back in the same directory.
This effectively will give you two files; Flash.ocx and Flash9.ocx, both the same file; although with a different name, in the same directory.

If that doesn't work try this:

Flash fix 9 (FlashUtil9b.exe)Click Start, click Run
Type this into run (or copy and paste)
C:\windows\system32\Macromed\Flash,
Double click on FlashUtil9b.exe
Follow the prompts and then restart your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ocx-installation-problem-with-ssl-required-256812.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello First let me tell you about my system nbsp nbsp This is an Inspiron E laptop with the T Core Duo processor running at GHZ nbsp nbsp It has GB of RAM and a brand new GB Hitachi Travelstar hard drive RPM nbsp nbsp It also has the GeForce Go GS video card nbsp nbsp nbsp It previously had Windows XP Professional bit and worked fine nbsp nbsp But I have three computers in my home and home office with E1705/9400 Inspiron Windows with entries exclamation "Base Device" my under point two Devices" "Other on - Installation New System Minor for Problem yellow 7 and would like them all to work better together on my wired home network so I am upgrading all three to Windows nbsp nbsp My two desktops one is Dimension XPS and the other is Dimension XPS seem like they will be no problem to upgrade to Windows nbsp nbsp But this laptop was not listed on Dell s Windows Compatibility List nbsp nbsp However the Windows Upgrade Advisor that I downloaded and ran seemed to say that Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point it was OK to do a clean install of bit Windows and it only Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point had a few minor concerns where it said to check for updated drivers from the manufacturer nbsp nbsp The laptop originally came with a GB hard drive nbsp nbsp For my use that is getting very small so I decided to get the same exact RPM drive in the GB size nbsp nbsp This will allow me to do a clean install of the bit Windows OS on the new hard drive and not have to wipe the old drive to do it nbsp nbsp I can just hold onto the old HD and stick it back in whenever I might need to get something off of it So here is my minor problem nbsp nbsp After transferring a few needed items off the old hard drive I installed the new GB drive and did a clean install of the bit version of Windows nbsp nbsp nbsp I m happy to report that I had virtually no problems with the installation and everything appears to be working fine nbsp nbsp It seems a little bit more zippy than it was before and I haven t run into anything so far that doesn t seem to be working nbsp nbsp I have gone through most of the features and most everything looks great nbsp nbsp But there is one minor problem showing in the Device Manager nbsp nbsp At least I think it s a minor problem but maybe someone else can give me some input as to whether it is or not In the Device Manager List there is a category now called quot Other Devices quot and the icon shows a little white circle with a question mark in it nbsp nbsp nbsp When you expand this category you see two identical entries that say nbsp nbsp quot Base System Device quot nbsp and the icon has a yellow circle with an exclamation point in it nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I know from previous experience that it s not a good thing to see items in the Device Manager that have a yellow circle with an exclamation point nbsp nbsp I have clicked on both of these and neither one really tells you what the device is or who made it or who s website you would go to for a driver nbsp nbsp nbsp Under the general tab it has the following information nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Device Type nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp Other Devices nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Manufacturer nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp Unknown nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Location nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PCI Bus nbsp Device nbsp Function nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Under De... Read more

A:Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point

BTW, I just downloaded and installed the driver pack from that ftp location and it worked, even for Windows 8.1 - 64 bit.
Thanks Steve!

Roger

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19313275
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello, I have a desktop here where any type of OS installations won't work. If installing Windows the installation get stuck at "Starting Windows" or can't find installation media.During the hang, my hard drive makes a clicking noise for like 10 secs and then stops. If installing Linux distributions, the installation reports that the device for the media is not ready. Any help is appreciated

PC
Acer Aspire AX1430G-UW30P
AMD E-450 dual core processor
AMD Radeon HD 6300 graphics

BTW im not sure if it's BIOS because I don't know if it's UEFI or EFI

A:Windows installation stuck at "Starting Windows" or "Device not ready" for linux

The clicking sound could be a bad HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-installation-stuck-at-starting-windows-or-device-not-ready-for-linux-1143458.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Yes I downloaded Hijack This { i had it before on pc but deleted it after erasing my hard drive }
Then I downloaded winzip 8.1 and used evaluation Version to open Hijack this to which I then tried to open it with right clik or left click it doesnt open it states:
msvbvm60.dll was not found Now all I want is a place to get Hijack this from that works and im thinking maybe the trouble may be with Winzip? maybe not ?
I just need Hijack this or a way to fix it
Ty

A:"When I try to use Hijack This" it says required .Dll missing

It's no big deal:

Download the MS visual basic 6.0 runtime files

Save to disk, double click, and let it install.
You'll be able to run Hijack This.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-try-to-use-hijack-this-it-says-required-dll-missing.166932/
Relevancy 91.16%

W on my TOSHIBA Satellite laptop which has no CD DVD drive has failed to boot and states quot Windows could not complete the installation To install Windows on this computer restart the installation quot There seems to be no solutions to this - looking at the BIOS and changing settings F gives nothing attempting to use safe mode drive) complete (No could the CD/DVD not installation" "Windows last config worked etc F also does not work attempting to use TOSHIBA Recovery F also does not work as there is a black screen with quot Edit Windows boot options for Windows quot Partition No EXECUTE OPTION with only ENTER or ESC as options I need help on this - the main problem here is that this laptop does not have an installed CD DVD drive a mix between a notebook and a laptop so I cannot use any form of external recovery other than a USB perhaps But this approach seems timid and I doubt it would work help nbsp

Relevancy 90.73%

My laptop's system got corrupted Error quot Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt window system something like this quot Solution I have used I got my laptop's hard drive and start following Drive is - Slave could "Windows file not the because missing/corrupt" bought a Hard Drive Enclosure I connected it to my desktop and found the files Next Problem The files i Slave Drive - "Windows could not start because the following file is missing/corrupt" found seen to be fragment files in the form of name chk The chk files can have their extension be change But this method willl take a long time There are some programs out there that check what extensions this guys have - like filechk and unchk But i want to recover my files properly So i want to fix my system is it possible that i can fix my slave drive's system I already did saw a tutorial saying I shud make Slave Drive - "Windows could not start because the following file is missing/corrupt" my hidden files into unhidden I'm supposed to find the 'windows gt system gt windows and replace it but I failed because I couldn't find that folder

A:Slave Drive - "Windows could not start because the following file is missing/corrupt"

I'd like to know exactly what the error message you're seeing is.

From what I can tell, I doubt the .chk files are related, because .chk files have to do with the CHKDSK utility. When you run CHKDSK and it cleans the disk, it rewrites the damaged files with a .chk extension.

A lot of the time, when you have a "file is missing or corrupt" error, you can copy that file from a working PC onto a removable media like a flash drive or external hard drive. Then you can copy the file from the external to it's proper location on your PC. Also try opening a command prompt and typing the following command:

sfc /scannow

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slave-drive-windows-could-not-start-because-the-following-file-is-missing-corrupt-568242.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Peace be upon all of you Hello and greetings My laptop is ASUS model A L My CD DVD drive was working fine until one moment it disappeared from both quot This PC quot folder as well as from quot Device Manager quot It happened while I was burning a CD with Ashampoo Burning Studio My current OS is Windows as from "My "Device & missing CD/DVD PC" Drive Manager" what it was as when I purchased this laptop and I do not CD/DVD Drive missing from "My PC" & "Device Manager" upgrade downgrade to any other OS I went through searching the internet for the solutions for weeks but failed to solve the problem Among the suggestions found on the internet is to delete the upper and lower class filters but mine is not involved as it does not have any entry that says upper or lower class to begin with Another suggestions that I had tried was the addition of the CD/DVD Drive missing from "My PC" & "Device Manager" following in the Registry reg exe add quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services atapi Controller quot f v EnumDevice t REG DWORD d x quot I did the registry entry of the above by command prompt admin as well as manually in the regedit but failed to produce the results Initially when this problem occurred the item CD DVD Drive was still visible in the Device Manager but under the quot Show CD/DVD Drive missing from "My PC" & "Device Manager" hidden devices quot option turned on The information below was gotten from the properties of the device Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code To fix this problem reconnect this hardware device to the computer My optical drive is an internal built-in with laptop drive not disconnectable drive by normal means Another suggestion that I found on the internet is to uninstall the CD DVD Drive in the Device Manager as it claimed to automatically reinstall the drive upon OS restart However the drive did not reinstalled on itself and now the CD DVD Drive even permanently disappeared from the Device Manager Another suggestion that I found on the internet is to set the boot options in the UEFI settings to prioritize CD DVD but no options for booting via CD DVD is present there Last suggestion that I found was to reinstall the CD DVD Driver downloaded from the manufacturer site However I failed to find the driver installer provided in the ASUS Support sites Additional information regarding my CD DVD Drive is as follows The physical CD DVD drive tray is able to be opened normally via the side button The following informations are gotten from the device properties before it went disappeared SCSI CDROM amp VEN HL-DT-ST amp PROD DVDRAM GUC N amp E B D amp amp HL-DT-STDVDRAM GUC N A Any helps would be appreciated Regards

A:CD/DVD Drive missing from "My PC" & "Device Manager"

First, there are no drivers for CD/DVD drives except the built in Windows drivers.

Since the device is not being detected by Windows, either there is some type of hardware problem or the BIOS is not detecting it (If the BIOS does not detect the drive, Windows will not detect it).

A BIOS reset is the easiest thing to do. Most BIOS have an option to reset it to the defaults. I would try this first.

If the BIOS reset does not fix it, there is some type of hardware problem. Whether its a connection problem for the drive (there are two connectors, data connection and power connection) either at the drive end or at the controller end (motherboard end). Or if the drive itself has failed. Unfortunately with a Laptop, accessing the connectors may require complete disassembly of the laptop.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/72578-cd-dvd-drive-missing-my-pc-device-manager.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Something funky is going on, I cant find my "c" drive that normally would be listed in My Computer.

Any way that I can find it. It doesnt show up in "Windows Explorer" either.
From what I can tell, neither is it 'hidden', as administrator of the computer (I have 3 logins on Windows XP), all hidden files are showing when I log in.

H.....E.....L.....P !!!

LexxieGirl

A:Solved: "C" drive missing in "My Computer"

The 'C' drive is still missing from 'my computer'
I am able to access it by typing c:/ in the address bar
but there are hidden files somewhere
where can I 'un-hide' them and
where do I look?

simple but confusing stuff
time to get a computer for the kids so that they dont screw up mine!!

Lexxie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-c-drive-missing-in-my-computer.341195/
Relevancy 90.3%

I try to install Windows 7 Home Premium on an ASUS G75VW notebook - Original OEM dvd which is tested ok on other computers - not a dvd disk issue and I get the annoying error:
Windows 7: A required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing

The notebook doesn't have a dvd drive - it was completely removed for some reason.
It has 4 USB 3.0 only ports. No usb 2.0 ports.
I use external cd/dvd drive. In BIOS I can make the drives working in IDE/AHCI/RAID. My issue is why Windows gives the same error regardless if I use AHCI/IDE setting from BIOS? Where is the logic in this? Also I see all the three hard disk drives on the notebook regardless of BIOS settings except trying RAID because the user don't use it (yes they are really three - 1 ssd and 2 hdd). I will try using the ahci drivers from ASUS and say did they helped.

A:Windows 7: A required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing

Probably an anomaly due to the external HD, very doubtful it really needs that driver. Keep the SATA controller set to AHCI in BIOS setup, set HDD first to boot.

Use the lastest official installer for your licensed version from Step 1, written to bootable flash stick with tool from Step2 of Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. Boot the Stick using the one-time BIOS Boot Menu key.

Stick with the steps in the tutorial to get and keep a perfect install. Delete all partitions during install using the Drive Options in Steps 7 and 8 of Clean Install Windows 7 to create and format new as you wish.

Put your network driver on the stick from the Asus Support Downloads webpage for your model PC so if the installer doesn't provide it you can install it to get online, enable Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3) then install all Important and Optional Windows UPdates, with reboots as required, until there are no more offered.

Once installed you can keep the flash stick bootable if needed for repairs. Just leave the seven installer folders untouched in the root of the stick. You can add/delete as many other files or applications as you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/309190-windows-7-required-cd-dvd-drive-device-driver-missing.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I m posting this in the Vista forum because this has never happened with Windows or XP I bought two exact duplicate models of hard disks I set up Vista Ultimate on one of my systems I used Acronis True Image to clone the operating disk to the factory-new never-used same model disk as a backup drive in the event the first disk failed I put in the clone to be sure it runs but I get the error mentioned in the title of this thread Now if the second disk is supposed to be a clone of the first why does this happen and how can I fix it I m not married to Acronis for this job so I would use any disk cloning tool that makes a sector-for-sector copy I use Norton Ghost for making sector-for-sector raw image forensic copies of PATA drives but these are SATA drives and Ghost simply sits there like Tarbaby and he don t say nuttin to no SATA drive nbsp

A:"Windows failed to start" "\Windows\System32\winload.exe missing or corrupt"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-failed-to-start-windows-system32-winload-exe-missing-or-corrupt.754000/
Relevancy 89.44%

h guys

i have two computers (1 pc and 1 laptop) that i am putting windows 7 ultimate on. i have a key each for the pc's but not the original disk. i have previousley downloaded a windows 7 disk that worked great. installed straight away on the both systems. both pc's now have viruses due to my mother and brother lol. so i dug out the windows 7 disk today and it's been scratched beyond repair. so i had to download the disk again. however i cannot find the exact download that i had last time but i have tried two seperate dowloads and when trying to install each one i get the error message " required cd/dvd drive device driver missing" it's so frustrating as i know windows7 will install on them as that's what they're running now. does anyone have any ideas what it could be.

thanks in advance

A:windows 7 error. required cd/dvd drive device driver missing

Hi -

You need a genuine Windows 7 DVD.

Contact Microsoft --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246

If OEM version, contact system manufacturer regarding replacement media.

After genuine Windows 7 DVD is obtained, wipe the HDD with KillDisk and reinstall Windows 7 -

KillDisk --> http://jcgriff2.com/0x1/killdisk_imgburn.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-error-required-cd-dvd-drive-device-driver-missing-509421.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I decided to test out the Windows Technical preview but a program I need doesn't work with Win TP So I decided to attempt a factory reset however when I started the reset it took about hours to do something I don't know what then I entered my BIOS to select the Windows DVD as a boot drive so it loaded up then it come up saying A required CD DVD drive device driver is missing If you have a driver on a floppy disk CD DVD or USB flash drive please insert now Note If the Windows installation media is in the CD DVD drive you can safely remove it for this step -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The problem I have is I don't know if I have done something wrong or anything all I know is I followed the steps given to do a factory reset but now this is happening this has happened before when trying to install Windows but I gave up the reason I am trying to go back to windows is because I device required CD/DVD drive A 7 is Windows missing. Install driver have been given support from Microsoft to fix the Windows install and a program I need to use won't work Thanks in advance Alex Drone HD Taylor

A:Windows 7 Install A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing.

Where did you get your installation media? That happens sometimes when the ISO file is bad or the burn to DVD is bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/370912-windows-7-install-required-cd-dvd-drive-device-driver-missing.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello,
I have a Dell XPS , bought it 2 weeks ago , all good , but when I tried to re-install the nvidia graphics driver the windows crashed, and the boot system was down.Tried to fix it , couldnt , and I didnt make a backup either so I went for the format. At the moment the HDD is clean and when I try to install windows7 i get the following error:"Load Driver:a required dvd drive device is missing". I tried everything that I found on this forum/google related to this problem but with no success.

Any ideas are welcomed , thank you.

A:Windows 7-load driver a required dvd drive device is missing

Windows 7 Installation Errors : Troubleshoot Step by Step
Common Installation Problems and Their Solutions

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/189689-windows-7-load-driver-required-dvd-drive-device-missing.html
Relevancy 89.44%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello all First off I am in no means acquainted with any troubleshooting or fancy thing outside of everyday computer usage so please respond as if you are talking to a dummy I do have fairly decent common sense and Google skill however which has successfully" did missing" "ntldr not to "Windows start is given me enough confidence to try and fix this issue on my own Basically one day I start my computer running Windows XP Professional SP up and get a black screen saying quot We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully A recent hardware or software change might have caused this Start in safe mode Safe mode with networking Safe mode with command prompt Last known good configuration setting most recent setting that worked Start Windows normally quot For "Windows did not start successfully" to "ntldr is missing" a few times I was able "Windows did not start successfully" to "ntldr is missing" to "Windows did not start successfully" to "ntldr is missing" get Windows working with the last two options but before I could dedicate time to fix the issue it became so that none of these options worked and I got caught in a restart cycle with this screen Last things that I can recall that may have caused this Windows Update or CCleaner Registry Fix just something I do sometimes to make sure everything is working nothing was wrong prior I bought an external HDD enclosure with hopes of popping my internal into it and saving my stuff onto my laptop before messing around Oddly in My Computer the drive icons a System Recovery one and my Main one would flash for a few seconds every few minutes and when I d quickly click them it d say they don t exist So I plug my drive back into my tower and go for a System Recovery I know nothing about DOS or commands or all that so following Google I did a quot chkdisk r quot Same problem Went there again did a quot fixmbr quot Same problem Did a quot fixboot quot Seemed to be successful in whatever that does but now when starting I get a quot ntldr is missing quot message I hoped with the boot fixes I could get my internal to work properly on my laptop as an external now The drive icon stays this time but I click it and it appeared to have turned into a GB FAT drive with a few icons with weird characters for names It originally is a GB NTFS drive I read about the ntldr thing online try the whole quot copy h i ntldr c quot thing it doesn t work THAT S WHEN I REALIZE I was using a XP Home CD for the System Recovery instead of an XP Professional which my computer runs Does it even make a difference though Anyway I do have a copied XP Pro CD that I popped in thinking I can just overwrite the boot files and all that stuff again and it should be OK but when my drive shows up in the menu to select to repair or install etc it s just that GB little FAT partition and not my entire drive which was originally an NTFS Furthermore I can t even get into a DOS menu with this CD so that I can do those commands again or copy ntldr because there isn t really a repair option When I hit F at the beginning to quot System Recovery quot it asks for an Auto System Recovery Diskette or something which I don t have - I don t even have a floppy drive So with all that said All I really want to do is get my files off my internal and onto my laptop but it reads my internal as that small GB partition with messed up files What s the issue here Do I need to repair the boot files and all that with this diskette thing that I guess comes with an authentic copy of WinXP Pro My laptop runs the exact same OS as my desktop the one with the problems and I was thinking is there a way I can copy the appropriate boot and ntldr files and maybe put them onto a USB or something Can anyone outline where to get them from if so Also I was thinking because my XP Pro CD is copied for home use only can t find the original is it possible it wouldn t have t... Read more

A:"Windows did not start successfully" to "ntldr is missing"

BTW if it IS in fact possible to copy certain files from my laptop's OS, I just realized I can probably just copy those files into the desktop internal (when plugged in as an external) instead of going through the whole DOS thing? But keep in mind, that's the small 3GB partition, so I don't know if that would even work. Unless putting those boot files on that small partition, will help open up the rest of the drive. Not sure how that works.
EDIT: Apologies for the double post, just saw the "edit" button.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-did-not-start-successfully-to-ntldr-is-missing.156521/
Relevancy 88.15%

I'm trying to install windows 7 on my freshly built pc by using a usb device (no cd drive as of yet). I followed this guide to do this: http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-install-windows-7vista-from-usb-drive-detailed-100-working-guide/.

Whenever I try and boot the device on my new computer I get the "cd/dvd device driver missing..." error and a box for me to select drivers. I have tried changing the boot order in the BIOS but to no avail and I wanted to change my sata ahci mode but I couldn't find this option (american microtrends v1.6 bios).

I'd really appreciate it if somebody could help me solve this issue.

A:A required CD/DVD device driver is missing, usb installation

As CD/DVD drives are relatively inexpensive and an essential component of a PC these days, you could save a lot of head-scratching and hassle by installing one before trying to install Windows. Since it's a freshly built PC I'm surprised you didn't include one as part of the build.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-required-cd-dvd-device-driver-is-missing-usb-installation.998199/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi I had Two partitions in my Hard disk mainly c: and d: , of Hp(dv2122tu) Laptop(120gb hdd, 1gb ram,1.63 Ghz)
In C: drive Windows Xp media center was installed, that came with the Hp laptop. And due to Virus Hijack I decided to install Vista on D: drive and did it successfully.

And then I thought I dont need Xp anymore coz it was Virus house, so I formatted that C: drive in which Xp was installed.

Ideally now my Pc should boot Vista but it gives error ''NTLDR is missing press ctrl+Alt+del to restart. Can anyone Tell what should I do?

p.s- After format of Xp from C: I have changed the D: to Active with the help of Windows98 bootable disk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ntldr-is-missing-after-vista-installation-and-winxp-partition-format-283369.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello to all I'm new to this forum and obviously i'm not Missing can't access "user" folder, missing local drive files, sure if this is the right place for starting and posting this thread Since i'm pritty desperate i'm going to explain the best i can what is really happening and how it all started Missing files, missing "user" folder, can't access local drive since a few days ago i was noticing that a few files specifically mp files are missing from my music collection I managed to recover the missing ones and transfer the whole collection to a new drive without issues Today i've found that some recently downloaded files Missing files, missing "user" folder, can't access local drive including several mp 's where missing again from the new HDD I started to look around the internet abut the problem and what could be the reasons that causes my files to quot vanish quot from my HDD As i was reading i stoped at one thread in Missing files, missing "user" folder, can't access local drive other's site forums that related to some quot security quot and quot user privileges quot issues in Win I then tried to quot fix quot the problem but noticed that the files where still missing Next thing i tried was looking for the missing files in some AppData subfolder named something like quot virtual backup quot or something That was the last time i saw the quot user quot folder and the last time y accessed my local drive Turned out the folder just dissapeared from the screen after a short quot access denied quot dialog box error After that all of my desktop icons dissapeared and my c drive went like it's empty and can't be accessed still i can see the drive lying there and every time i run a virus and malware scan it search the entire c drive with no problem Had tried a system restore to a previous state every icon on the desktop where there again but still no local drive Now i'm running out of ideas and i really need to fix this I will appreciate any help you can give me Thanks in advance

A:Missing files, missing "user" folder, can't access local drive

Viruses do things like that. The scenario sounds familiar. Scan with Malwarebytes. The free version is good enough.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/lp/lp4/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=search-brand-us

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316614-missing-files-missing-user-folder-cant-access-local-drive.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I just installed a new 60gb hard drive as a back up to put my movie files on,it installed fine and it works fine but i get "windows milenium emergancy boot" when i boot the system up .I don"t know if this error is serious but I do know that the system seems less stable in this boot mode..can someone please help? thanx

A:after installing new "hard drive" it starts with "windows emergency boot"

closing duplicate, view this thread
http://forums.techguy.org/t76279/s5b1a29d68c715c9a36d25291025adddb.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-installing-new-hard-drive-it-starts-with-windows-emergency-boot.76282/
Relevancy 87.29%

Because I couldn't get properly running some games like FFOW on my Windows not compatible I decided to buy bit Vista Ultimate But while installation required CD DVD drive device driver missing message was shown I looked at some forums and found was problem also somewhere else for some other people I tried couple of things whitch didn't work for me but luckily I found a solution Here it is Thats what worked for me In BIOS setting while start up press F at Advanced Tab there is a SATA Operation AHCI not RAID but I don't know even RAID maight work and SATA AHCI Mode I changed from Legacy AHCI to Native AHCI As described at Item Specific Help Tab Native AHCI will load option ROM but legacy will not Before while instalation Wista Ultimate bit on my Alienware x aftere while was message shown During install quot required CD DVD drive device driver missing quot After changing SATA AHCI mode in BIOS to Native AHCI while setup was soon shown field requiere serial number GREAT When instaling I manually reboot couple of times when just black screen with blinking cursor was shown and nothing was happening Now my device While missing, 64bit drive ,required driver Vista instalation Windows CD/DVD Vista bit is fully intaled thanks to all guys at forums to let me thing and inspired me to find with a bit While instalation Windows Vista 64bit ,required CD/DVD drive device driver missing, of good luck solution I had similar problem like many of you wish you good luck to make your system working if you need to Jarek

A:While instalation Windows Vista 64bit ,required CD/DVD drive device driver missing,

Thank you for sharing the solution and I'm glad that you have fixed the problem

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287081-while-instalation-windows-vista-64bit-required-cd-dvd-drive-device-driver-missing.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi I've repeatedly attempted this but always get driver "An installation V550 occurred error setup" Epson during An error occurred during setup Restart your computer Epson V550 driver installation "An error occurred during setup" then run setup again This is an all too typical message you can find associated with many Epson products I've tried Clean boot Safe mode install enabled Using an Epson removal tool I finally obtained after my th chat with Epson An Epson fix deleting temp folder and looking for setup Epson V550 driver installation "An error occurred during setup" exe that never appeared On my th chat I was advised to consult Microsoft Manually removing all Epson folders and registry entries I can find Disabling firewall and AV The same CD installed ok on my year-old laptop both run Windows x I've found a couple of other fixes found by someone looking at the log file I've run SFC Scannow - ok At best the scanner is recognised as being connected when plugged in and appears with a yellow trangle under 'Other Devices' in Device Manager Any ideas welcome - I'd like to use my new scanner Thanks

A:Epson V550 driver installation "An error occurred during setup"

Hi, I've found a solution, albeit a tad obscure. Short story:
1. Install the driver normally, noting it fails, and the device is recognised when plugged in and appears in Device Manager under 'Other devices' with a yellow triangle.
2. There right click the device, update driver and browse to the CD used to install the driver initially, and to the driver folder.
Let the update run.

The scanner should now be installed.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...?page=2&auth=1

which offers another approach too.

There are quite a few reports of Epson driver installations (various devices) failing with this message. Epson chat eventually referred me to Microsoft.... saying the original message was a Windows error.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/42470-epson-v550-driver-installation-error-occurred-during-setup.html
Relevancy 86.86%

So installation driver Bluetooth peripheral device Denied" for "Access I have been having trouble with my Bluetooth USB adapter BTD- all day by Kinivo and It would not install drivers at all it would say access is denied I uninstalled bcm and then located it again the drivers sort of installed after that Now the option to add a bluetooth device is there after I installed the proper software but I cannot add the driver for the bluetooth peripheral device part I just get Drivers were found Bluetooth peripheral device "Access Denied" for driver installation for bluetooth remote controller but had an issue installing quot access denied quot I select the right part of the cd where the drivers are On device manager there is bluetooth radios under it is Broadcom bcm bluetooth USB device As well as Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator those two have drivers My cellphone can find and attempt to pair with my pc it gives the passcode but nothing shows up on my pc as well as my pc cannot find any bluetooth devises such as my bluetooth headphones and the cellphone that locates the pc And I am on Windows Ultimate bit any help would be greatly appreciated Also the bluetooth device worked perfectly on my bros computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bluetooth-peripheral-device-access-denied-for-driver-installation-676110.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I?m downgrading a ASUS N550LF-CN100H from windows 8 to windows 7 Pro x64.

But when I try to install the driver "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver" the system crash.
I have installed the latest version of the BIOS (2.12) and changed some settings (for W7).
- Boot -> Lunch CSM = Enabled
- Security -> Secure Boot Control= Disabled

I have tried with the driver coming from the Intel site and with "Driver Genius" (same driver).
Do you have any advice to solve this issue because Asus doesn?t give any support for downgrade ?

Thanks

A:"Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Cont. Driver" Crash during installation

Did you try the support section of Asus to download drivers. See this link and change to your model
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download X550LA

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/326803-intel-usb-3-0-extensible-host-cont-driver-crash-during-installation.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I have an HP dv2915nr with Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit. Recently when I was trying to upload some pictures from my camera to my laptop via my SD card, it came up with the error "Driver Installation Module Stopped working and was closed".

I tried reinstalling drivers and such and have had no luck at all. Can anyone help me?

A:"Driver Installation Module Stopped working and was closed"

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Click Start...
Click control panel...
Click system & Maintenance...
Scroll down to Device Manager and click update Device drivers...
Click View...
Click show hidden devices...

Make sure there are no yellow warning flag next to any drives

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/289354-driver-installation-module-stopped-working-closed.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I had to install an audio driver after I wiped my laptop s hard drive But there were two options on my laptop model s driver-download site and I first tried to install the incorrect driver It wasn t even compatible with my laptop I then installed the proper one but the incorrect one keeps giving me notifications that it s not quot properly installed quot So now whenever windows starts it warns me with a balloon saying that quot A problem occurred when trying to install new hardware quot And then this window pops up every time http i tinypic com nr i y jpg How do I take Trying "cancel" installation audio the driver? to of this off all traces of that driver I tried going to quot device manager quot and choosing quot uninstall quot but that isn t working Edit Sorry I have an HP Compaq Presario V Here s the driver I shouldn t have Trying to "cancel" the installation of this audio driver? installed http h www hp com bizsupport TechSupport SoftwareDescription jsp lang en amp cc us amp prodTypeId amp prodSeriesId amp prodNameId amp swEnvOID amp swLang amp mode amp taskId amp swItem ob- - This is the one that WAS correct http h www hp com bizsupport TechSupport SoftwareDescription jsp lang en amp cc us amp prodTypeId amp prodSeriesId amp prodNameId amp swEnvOID amp swLang amp mode amp taskId amp swItem ob- - nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

can't install VIA HIGH DEFINITION(HD) AUDIO DRIVER in Windows 8 Dev. Preview x64.tried 4 to 5 different versions.but none of them would install.i can't get FRONT PANEL HEADPHONE output with default Windows audio.speakers works fine.

error :

A:"VIA HD AUDIO DRIVER" Installation Error !!

Welcome to Eight Forums Joygr11. Is this a laptop, what graphics card, motherboard make model?
You could try installing in compatibility mode for Windows 7 SP1.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/3147-via-hd-audio-driver-installation-error.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Mods if you feel that this thread is more of a quot Windows quot issue please feel free to move this thread Here last year I did my second build because I was having quot boot quot issues Wasn t certain what exactly the problem was at the time But something some how screwed up the boot sequence in my system failed a selection required "The because "0xc000000e" device......... code Error boot and where everything was pretty much quot outdated quot I just went ahead and did another build Though since then I ve been pondering around with the thought of using a SATA to IDE adapter so that I can retrieve Error code "0xc000000e" "The boot selection failed because a required device......... what ever salvageable data I can from one of the two HDD s that was in my last build So I finally broke down and ordered a couple different one s earlier this week Unfortunately I ve been running in to some problem s when I try to launch with the IDE in place Upon initial launching the boot sequence seem to take some time longer than it normally does with out the IDE HDD in place Though after a - sec lapse I ll get an error screen displaying an windows error code of quot xc e quot with a prompt message below stating quot The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot I searched all over online to see what that error code represents only to get quot pages after pages quot of sites with each site telling me something different I have no intentions of using this as a third HDD in my system I just want to retrieve select data from it nbsp

A:Error code "0xc000000e" "The boot selection failed because a required device.........

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-code-0xc000000e-the-boot-selection-failed-because-a-required-device.1041435/
Relevancy 85.57%

Spoiler: Screenshot

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

A:[Solved] Windows 8.1 Error - "A required privilege is not held by the cilent"

hi by any chance are you using iobit product, like cleaner or something if so please check it what it did to your pc through logs, because i have seen some iobit tray icon in your screen but i am not sure about this, well sorry i am not expert in these kind of trouble shooting situation but anyway am i stated what i have thought came in mind, so best of luck on finding a peace full solution to your problem.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/solved-windows-8-1-error-a-required-privilege-is-not-held-by-the-cilent.52826/
Relevancy 85.14%

quot A Require CD DVD Device Driver is missing If you have a driver floppy CD/DVD Require Device missing" Setup is error Driver "A disc CD DVD or USB please insert it now Note If Setup error "A Require CD/DVD Device Driver is missing" the Windows installation media is in the CD DVD drive you may safely remove it now quot I trying to install a fresh copy of Windows x SP onto a Dell Inspiron laptop with an SSD drive and after I insert my Setup error "A Require CD/DVD Device Driver is missing" CD media into my External CD drive connected via USB since the system has no internal CD Drive I get this after clicking the quot Install Windows quot button I Setup error "A Require CD/DVD Device Driver is missing" have researched the topic fairly and I have found no working solutions to this issue Here are the methods I have tried already After researching the error multiple sites recommended i download the Serial ATA drivers from Dell and browse towards it using the driver finder when the error pops up No Success Switching BIOS settings to support CSM disabling secure boot boot priority etc where applicable No Success I attempted installing from a different source of media aside from a CD and a different External CD drive I also tried install from a USB stick No Success I believe all the USB ports are USB so I can't try from a USB port I've tried adding Intel USB and USB drivers to my Win USB setup using dism but it still doesn't work Is this something that can be fixed or worked around I think it the same issue as this thread as well Error while installing windows and this thread A Required CD DVD Device Driver is missing As mentioned I've tried the suggestion by AddRAM to use dism to add USB support but that doesn't seem to help still says not found If it was my own laptop I'd just leave Windows on here because it works great But the company I work for only really use Windows so it would be great if we could install it on these newer laptops I've read its because they use Intel's new chips Skylake And that has no native USB support

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/386486-setup-error-require-cd-dvd-device-driver-missing.html
Relevancy 85.14%

i download the Windows8-ReleasePreview-64bit-English.iso from this link Windows 8 Release Preview ISO formats and burn it to dvd with CloneCD program in 4x speed and boot pc from dvd and installation start
when i click in install now after it give this error

"A media driver your computer needs is missing"

meanwhile the Sha 1 hash my iso is different to hash in microsoft website

what i doing?

A:"A media driver your computer needs is missing" error encountered when

Same problem here, I read in other post that the problem is the video driver, any ideas?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/6814-media-driver-your-computer-needs-missing-error-encountered-when.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello all I created a Windows ultimate bootable USB using Rufus and no matter what I try I keep getting the quot CD DVD device driver missing quot error The bootable USB is fine a friend tried it on his PC and got to the license agreement which is the step I can't reach I even tried using his external bootable device driver "CD/DVD w/ Win7 missing" USB ultimate cd drive to install vista just to see "CD/DVD device driver missing" w/ Win7 ultimate bootable USB what would happen and received the same error The BIOS on my motherboard is missing a bunch of options that people have suggested like turning off USB ports and "CD/DVD device driver missing" w/ Win7 ultimate bootable USB switching from Legacy AHCI to Native AHCI This is what it looks like Gigabyte X -UD P Motherboard Review Your Budget Intel X Build Starts Here Page ThePCEnthusiast Install also failed after creating a partition formatted to NTFS per these instructions How to Do a Clean Install of Windows How-To Geek Forums Onto a second USB I downloaded a USB Windows Install Utility from here GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket - GA-H M-A rev But after receiving the error and selecting Browse I was unable to see the second USB I even tried to put this onto the Win bootable USB but still couldn't navigate to it I know that this didn't corrupt the installer however because my buddy tried installing on his machine after I had done this and this is when he was able to reach the license agreement Please help

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/391038-cd-dvd-device-driver-missing-w-win7-ultimate-bootable-usb.html
Relevancy 85.14%

i am fed up with this, firstly i installed win 10 , getting same error so i shifted to win 8.1 now again same issue, that is really sad, why you create laptops when you cant upload proper drivers, laptop is useless without drivers and my laptop have 4gg graphics card also but its *** as all game etc use local hd driver instead of my card and i get o performance in running any game.

please help me with drivers i am fed up with this.

A:"the update installer operation is unsuccessful" getting error on each driver installation on my new laptop dell 5558 black one window 8.1 pro 64 bit.

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!

What driver are you trying to install in particular and what hardware IDs do you have?
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/downloading-drivers-checking-hardware-ids-and-downloading-and-installing-dell-system-drivers-in-the-correct-order/checking-hardware-ids-in-the-device-manager/
Also the size of the downloaded driver, in case its an incomplete download. 
Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19663683
Relevancy 85.14%

Sorry to trouble you with this common problem, but here I go.

I built a new system:
Biostar motherboard (nvidia chipset)
AMD XP 2800
120 WD HDD
ATI Radeon 128mb
512 ram

I set the bios (I think) and then started to install XP. The inital files were transfered and the HDD was formatted (complete, not "quick") and then it restarted. From here it should have just entered the XP wizard setup, but it won't do it. I get "NTLDR is missing."

I've tried reformatting the drive and running "fixboot." I'm out of ideas.

Help please,
rpames

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ntldr-is-missing-on-new-installation-14608.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Today I tried to burn a disk of mp3 files as I've done many times before. When I tried to copy the files from the C drive to the D (CD/DVD drive), Windows Explorer only would allow "Move," not "Copy". I tried to copy with CTRL+Right Click and that didn't work either - when I hover over the icon for the D drive it says "Move."

I was able to copy and burn a disk (in CD format) with Windows Media Player, and the CD drive works fine for playback. Also, when I plug in an external hard drive Windows Explorer allows copy of files to the external hard drive.

It's only when I try to copy files to the CD drive that I encounter this problem.

No other recent changes have been made to the computer.

Any idea, and thanks very much!

A:Windows Explorer only allows "Move", not "Copy" to CD/DVD drive

try selecting the files--then right click and select 'SEND TO' CD/DVD--it shouldn't be possible to 'copy' to a blank CD/DVD as it will be unformatted.

'send to' the choose burn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/258262-windows-explorer-only-allows-move-not-copy-cd-dvd-drive.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I have also tried reinstalling the patches and the entire game twice to no avail, and even after several restarts. However, it did appear to work once earlier today but was very slow and never worked since or before then.

Below are the main specifications of my computer:

Operating System: Windows Vista Business N
Processor Pentium 4 3.0Ghz HT
Graphics: 256GB ATi Radeon X600 Series
Hard Drive(s): 185GB Internal SATA, 500GB WD External HD, 145GB External HD
RAM: 4GB

If anyone can help out with this as soon as possible I would be really grateful. I even got desperate and installed the game on my laptop but that has 64MB shared graphics so obviously it wasn't going to work

A:Running Battle For Middle Earth 2 on Windows Vista Business N - "Update Required"?

So what happens? I dont fully understand. When installing the patches, does it hang/cancel itself?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/running-battle-for-middle-earth-2-on-windows-vista-business-n-update-required.731391/
Relevancy 85.14%

I've been getting this message for a long time - but much more frequently lately.

"Files required for windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized version. To maintain stability restore original versions. Insert Windows XP Cd-rom now"

However my system didn't come with the windows xp CD-rom. How can I get rid of this message?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/files-required-for-windows-replaced-message.220445/
Relevancy 85.14%

Greetings I recently bought a new SSD to install Windows on it because I only have Fedora on my first SSD I managed to get the ISO file from Microsoft Dreamspark which has a partnership with the university I'm studying in and I wrote it on a USB Key Before launching the installation I made sure to unplug my disks except the SSD I want to install Windows on Everything goes fine at the beginning but when I arrive at the installation an error message appears saying that Windows cannot install required files Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation Error code x I looked on the web to find the reason this error pops and it was said that the ISO may be corrupted However as it comes from an official website I find this install cannot "Windows Error required files" quite unlikely But should I still try with another ISO file If so on which website can I get a reliable ISO Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/quotwindows-cannot-install-required-filesquot-error-4602765/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a ATI Radeon XT on my Windows XP and I was trying to update my graphics card drivers with the latest Omega drivers which had a screwed up install or something missing the aticdxx ini file and it couldn t be uninstalled when the installed screwed up So I deleted the thing used Driver Cleaner and tried installing the ATI Catalyst Now whichever drivers I try to install I keep getting a failed installed and the error message quot Try to set up your adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot I tried to google a fix none of it worked I tried uninstalling the error-listed VGA adapter from the Device Manager and then running install which didn t work Rebooting Driver "Missing" ATI VGA Installing Catalyst Drivers with safe mode or without after that also didn t work it popped up VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers with quot New hardware found quot after the reboot but it couldn t find the proper drivers Reformatting isn t possible right now for me and I d rather not in any case Someone here http www techspot com vb topic html had the same problem but as far as I can see it wasn t resolved I tried the older Catalyst anyway also but the same error pops up Windows Update doesn t help either and I can t find my Windows XP disc or my graphics card CD Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this nbsp

A:VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers

try going to device manager, right clicking My Computer -> properties ->device manager. you should see you vid card through a yellow icon. click on that to get properties. unistall the driver then try reinstalling your updated drivers [catalyst cont. c.] see if you can get it working that way.
-good luck
-JOSH

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vga-driver-missing-installing-ati-catalyst-drivers.55762/
Relevancy 85.14%

Last night I installed Windows Ultimate bit a fresh copy not an upgrade - "Display Adaptor" driver related not missing from Vista and my display adaptor is not showing up in the device manager At first I thought the simple solution would be to install the drivers But it seems that windows does not even detect my video card so the drivers will not even install because the Hardware is not detected I reinstalled XP last night and the video card works perfectly actually everything works in XP so I know the video card "Display Adaptor" missing - not driver related is not bad I just do not understand why Windows does not see the card I have tried just about everything I know to do I upgraded "Display Adaptor" missing - not driver related my MOBO BIOS and installed the latest chipset software I physically reinstalled the card to make sure it was properly seated I have tried to quot add legacy hardware quot from the device manager and selected the quot Display Adaptor quot option but all that does is give me a list of intel adaptors so that does not work Please follow the link below Here is the original thread that I posted in the nVidia forums http forums nvidia com index php showtopic System Specs OS Windows bit Motherboard Asus P WD -E Premium Processor Intel Pentium D Extreme Edition - ghz RAM GB Corsair XMS DDR Video Card Gigabyte GV- D - -RH - GeForce GX Monitor HP m Native Resolution - x Any suggestions would be arrpeciated Thanks in advance for your help

A:"Display Adaptor" missing - not driver related

Welcome!

In your BIOS, is the Primary video card set to PCIe?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/59733-display-adaptor-missing-not-driver-related.html
Relevancy 85.14%

After having installed a new Win7 the Device Manager tells me that the "SM Bus Controller" driver is missing.

What is the purpose of this SM Bus Controller?

Is the driver part of the Chipset (for LGA 1155 boards with Intel H67 Chipset) driver package?

Peter

A:What is a "SM Bus Controller"? Missing driver part of the Chipset drv?

Please fill out your system specifications fully so that people can refer to your hardware configuration when they consider your query - it makes all the difference...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/208109-what-sm-bus-controller-missing-driver-part-chipset-drv.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Yesterday my external hard drive was working fine. Today I open it and there's a new folder called Pfiles...I am not running linux...and a tmp file. I delete the tmp file and try to delete Pfiles but it won't delete. Weird. So I open one of the folders and see that it's now empty, as are almost all of my other folders and subfolders. My daughter's folder however has her movies on the main subfolder, but subfolders in this folder are also empty.

The hard drive is showing half full...exactly what it should assuming I could access all the files. So what can I do? I've enclosed a screenshot of the Disk Management screen for this drive. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

A:Help with external hard drive. Files "missing" but still taking up space on the drive

Hi djfl,

External Hard-drives come in different types, some of them are, External storage devices and Automatic back-up devices.

If it is an automatic back-up device then data might be backed-up on the External Hard?drive without user intervention.

If it is an External storage device the files might be hidden. This could be the reason why the external Harddrive is showing half full. We can check if the files are hidden, please use the following link for detailed instructions to unhide folders: Hidden Files and Folders Option - Add or Remove

Please revert back for clarification.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298528-help-external-hard-drive-files-missing-but-still-taking-up-space-drive.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi all I'm puzzling this one In the folder options when I choose 'view' the radio button to show the hidden files is missing I've already checked the registry at the HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced Hidden and everything seems ok value for 'Type' is 'group' etc Using the XP tweak Kelly's corner shows the hidden files but the button still missing Another thing that I encountered with was that from the start menu the quot hidden and + not button files" start Support" "Help missing menu working from "show Help and Support quot not working Again the registry seems fine and the process is activated started This came up when I tried to use system restore option - with no success Virus scan didn't find alerts of any kind To make a long story short- below is the log file of HiJackThis Please review it and reply if you see something to be concerned with for repairing my computer Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on -Dec- Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal missing "show hidden files" button + "Help and Support" not working from start menu Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C missing "show hidden files" button + "Help and Support" not working from start menu WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework udaterui exe C WINDOWS system TrayIcon exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS msagent AgentSvr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS regedit exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bgu ac il R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http www bgu ac il proxy pac O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise scriptcl dll O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - blank file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - blank file missing O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - blank file missing O - Toolbar SciFinder Scholar Bar - e a fb- - d -aa c-d fc abf af - mscoree dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework udaterui exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files ... Read more

A:missing "show hidden files" button + "Help and Support" not working from start menu

Ok I found the answer (after quite a lot searching), as follows:

1. for the 'Hidden files' radio button - I used methods 1 and 2 from here-
http://www.technize.com/2007/05/13/s...s-not-working/

2. for the helpcenter I just reinstalled it as described here -
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rebuildhelp.htm
note that the file 'dataspec.xml' is needed to be available for this, and it can't be done directly from the XP CD. The thing that worked for me was to insert the XP CD, and use the file that in my computer (C:\) and afterwards another file on the CD.

Again, all this happened with no virus detection, so I believe that there is no infection. However, if someone has remarks on the HiJackThis log I've put, feel free to add them.

Have a nice day,

Fitch.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/missing-show-hidden-files-button-help-and-support-not-working-from-start-menu-326116.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I don't know what happened but my Compaq p refute I know refused to start all of a sudden After two days of the Startup Repair loop and trying to solve that problem with every solution I could find in every forum I could find I gave up and Another is device problem missing" "CD/DVD driver decided to do a clean reinstall Unfortunately somehow in my recent move I lost my install disk and the accompanying product key so I figured I'd torrent an iso activator and get on with it I know So I formatted my hard drive I know made a bootable USB with Rufus and began the install That's when I got the common quot CD DVD device driver quot error So back to the forums especially this one I went for answers Tried them all -- disabling SATA trying all three of my USB ports rebooting and retrying a dozen times etc -- and nothing worked So I downloaded another iso and went through the same steps Nothing Repeat five more types for a total of seven different Another "CD/DVD device driver is missing" problem isos Nothing So I don't think it's the isos and I checked the USB drive for bad sectors and that came up fine I can't download from Microsoft because I no longer have my product key Nobody I know here has a Windows disk and I can't even burn a DVD copy I did manage to check the hard drive before formatting it and it's completely healthy as well Am I just screwed I'm on day four on this and am Another "CD/DVD device driver is missing" problem just about to give up and install Linux And of course this happens while I'm looking for a new job Thank you for any help

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/381253-another-cd-dvd-device-driver-missing-problem.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I installed Windows 7 on a new (smaller) hard drive using recovery disk. After installation went successfully (according to the pop up the dialog box), the machine restarted and I got the error "No bootable device". The machine is Acer Aspire one netbook with Windows 7 Starter.

The computer detected the hard drive in BIOS. I also connected the hard drive to another machine externally and here's the partition info:

12GB Healthy (Recovery Partition)
102MB NTFS, System Reserved, Healthy (Active, Primary Partition)
97.67GB NTFS, Acer, Healthy (Logical Drive)

How do I get this laptop to boot up with the new hard drive?

A:"No Bootable Device" error after win 7 installation on new hard drive

did you check your bios and make sure the new harddrive is set to the first device to boot from?

scrooge

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/191689-no-bootable-device-error-after-win-7-installation-new-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi All Upon trying to install MS Office from the CD D drive it pauses about of the way and I can hear and slightly feel the CD quot skipping quot making repetitive thud New CD Drive Installation Software "stuck." needed? sounds I have to continually open the CD drive and close it to keep it going New CD Drive needed? Software Installation "stuck." but then installation tops until New CD Drive needed? Software Installation "stuck." about where the CD just skips I tried moving the contents of the CD onto my C drive and install from there but that doesn t seem to work correctly I don t know why my CD drive is now skipping - this happened only once about months ago when I installed a game - but that was easily fixed by simply reinstalling the nd time All my movies dvds music CD s play fine so why is it different with this MS Office I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop using Windows Do I need new drivers or is it simply a faulty DVD drive If it s the latter how hard is it to change and do I have to get the specific one for my laptop Thanks much and anything is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

I have to set up a Broadband connection. But Local Area connection icon is missing. Someone told "drivers" could be missing... I installed few. But the problem is as it was.. please guide me in this regards.. Thank you

Screen shots Attached

A:"Local Area Connection" missing in "Change adapter Settings".. Plz hlp

Hi and welcome to the Forum
Is the Broadband connection working OK?
Where are you looking for the icon? Can you post a screenshot of the location where you expect to see the LAN icon?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286724-local-area-connection-missing-change-adapter-settings-plz-hlp.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello all for days now iv been trying to install w bit i have read a lot of messages here about fixing my problem and non Windows 32bit installation" "completing (AGA installation 7 at freezes of them was a success When installing w after the first reset the installation returns to the screen where it shows the progress of the installation the only thing left is quot completing installation quot it hangs on that screen for hours and wouldnt contoniue i can move my mouse but it dosent give much help things i tried untill now disconnecting all drives beside the one i want to install w on it Windows 7 32bit installation freezes at "completing installation" (AGA disconnecting a pci card of USB slots disable all usb controls from bios my mouse and keyboard are connected with quot blue quot and quot purple quot connections disable floppy which does not exist - which didnt solve the problem but made the installation much faster Change in the bios from PCI to PEG Additional Notes I have only one monitor which is a LCD TV which connected to the nvidia graphic card with DVI to HD cable in the installation it shows that i have partitions in this hardisk and i have only as far as i know the third one has a MB capacity mybe its related some how I have seen that people gave suggestions about a utility which fixes the hardrive and maybe solve the problem but i have no operating system to do so I dont know much about my computer and i dont have any operating system to check it i only know that i have intel core ghz gb ram some gigabyte motherboard and some nvidia graphic card Please help me im one step away from installing XP again

A:Windows 7 32bit installation freezes at "completing installation" (AGA

Is it the stage where it freezes ?
Which process of installation are you trying ? Are you upgrading your XP installation with windows 7 ; or you installing 7 with formatting the C drive ? Sometimes upgrading takes enormous time to be completed compared with clean install .

You follow this tutorial : Clean Install Windows 7 ... follow steps 6, 7 and 8 carefully , I hope there would not be a further problem . All the best

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/120633-windows-7-32bit-installation-freezes-completing-installation-aga.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi Everyone to post OS "IDE" from mode installation XP change How to "AHCI" Here I am going to descibe how to change Windows XP from using quot IDE quot to quot AHCI quot mode post OS installation If your looking to install an SSD into a Windows XP computer you will likely find these instructions invaluable Most XP computers due to their vintage are running in quot IDE quot mode and it turns out that SSDs perform best How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation when running in quot AHCI quot mode The root of what follows comes from these instructions so credit to those who deserve it Also thanks go out to Alexoiu who pointed me in the right direction here INSTRUCTIONS Download the appropriate SATA driver from your motherboard manufacturers site the file is typically quite small mine was under Mb Extract the file to How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation your hard drive Locate the ahcix sys file you may need to uncheck quot Hide extensions for known file types quot in order to see the correct file Copy ahcix sys Paste ahcix sys into System Drivers typcially C Windows System Drivers Download Add AHCI to XP Post Installation reg to a convenient location Double click on the Registry file to install it Click on quot Yes quot when the screen below is presented - Click on quot OK quot when the screen below is presented - Shutdown Turn the computer on whilst tapping on DEL F Relevant Key per motherboard to enter the BIOS settings Set the BIOS IDE mode to AHCI it was likely set to IDE or Legacy IDE Exit the BIOS saving changes this results in the computer rebooting again Once Windows XP starts you will be prompted to install drivers - a Check quot No not this time quot when the screen below is presented - b Click on quot Next quot c Uncheck quot Search removable media d Check quot Include this location in the search quot e Click on Browse f Navigate to the folder which contains ahcix sys Same file as Step g Click on OK h Click on Next i Follow any prompts to install that may be presented j Once the driver is installed successfully you will see the screen below or one that is similar depending on your chipset - k Click on quot Finish quot Reboot your computer one last time If you don't reboot straight away XP will often prompt you to reboot shortly after the ahcix sys driver is installed Congratulation you are now running in AHCI mode and can enjoy the full potential of your SSD Kind Regards Davo P S Paragon Migrate OS to SSD is excellent software for migrating from mechanical drives to SSDs I have personally used it on at least computers of those were Windows and one was Windows XP on all occasions the software has performed flawlessly I am not associated with Paragon but praise is deserved for this software package

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-change-xp-from-ide-to-ahci-mode-post-os-installation-705170.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi Everyone Here I post OS to "AHCI" installation "IDE" XP to How mode change from am going to descibe how How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation to change Windows XP from using quot IDE quot to quot AHCI quot mode post OS installation If your looking to install an SSD into a Windows XP computer you will likely find these instructions invaluable Most XP computers due to their vintage are running in quot IDE quot mode and it turns out that SSDs perform best when running in quot AHCI quot mode The root of what follows comes from these instructions so credit to those who deserve it Also thanks go out to Alexoiu who pointed me in the right direction here INSTRUCTIONS Download the appropriate SATA driver from your motherboard manufacturers site the file is typically quite small mine was under Mb Extract the file to your hard drive Locate the ahcix sys file you may need to uncheck quot Hide extensions for known file types quot in order to see the correct file Copy ahcix sys Paste ahcix sys into System Drivers typcially C Windows System Drivers Download Add AHCI to XP Post Installation reg to a convenient location Double click on the Registry file to install it Click on quot Yes quot when the screen below is presented - Click on quot OK quot when the screen below is presented - Shutdown Turn the computer on whilst tapping on DEL F Relevant Key per motherboard to enter the BIOS settings Set the BIOS IDE mode to AHCI it was likely set to IDE or Legacy IDE Exit the BIOS saving changes this results in the computer rebooting again Once Windows XP starts you will be prompted to install drivers - a Check quot No not this time quot when the screen below is presented - b Click on quot Next quot c Uncheck quot Search removable media d Check quot Include this location in the search quot e Click on Browse f Navigate to the folder which contains ahcix sys Same file as Step g Click on OK h Click on Next i Follow any prompts to install that may be presented j Once the driver is installed successfully you will see the screen below or one that is similar depending on your chipset - k Click on quot Finish quot Reboot your computer one last time If you don t reboot straight away XP will often prompt you to reboot shortly after the ahcix sys driver is installed Congratulation you are now running in AHCI mode and can enjoy the full potential of your SSD Kind Regards Davo P S Paragon Migrate OS to SSD is excellent software for migrating from mechanical drives to SSDs I have personally used it on at least computers of those were Windows and one was Windows XP on all occasions the software has performed flawlessly I am not associated with Paragon but praise is deserved for this software package nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-xp-from-ide-to-ahci-mode-post-os-installation.1106746/
Relevancy 82.56%

My friend's computer seemingly got a virus since it sent an email to somebody in her email list on its own She asked me to take a look She had a virus checker but it had never been updated So I installed quot AVGfree quot and ran that It found a quot trojan horse quot virus as well as some virus After checking cleaning, "ipwins.dll" and and "lsass.exe" missing other stuff that it said should be removed so I did I then ran quot ccleaner quot and it suggested to remove a TON of crap like mb worth of files she installs dumb stuff on her computer all the time I removed these files Then I ran quot spybot quot and it removed some stuff I then defragged which it needed So here I am feeling like a After virus checking and cleaning, "lsass.exe" and "ipwins.dll" missing hero but then I reboot and there's a message saying that quot lsass exe quot cannot be found I cancel this message and then there's another message After virus checking and cleaning, "lsass.exe" and "ipwins.dll" missing saying that After virus checking and cleaning, "lsass.exe" and "ipwins.dll" missing quot ipwins dll quot cannot be found I tell her to just ignore these messages until I figure it out but then she informs me today that she cannot access her email account on her computer So I've gotta figure out how to fix this Any advice Thanks

A:After virus checking and cleaning, "lsass.exe" and "ipwins.dll" missing

She could try the system file checker : tell her to prepare her XP CD (she'll need it if it asks to replace the missing files), then she will have to go to start => run, and type "sfc /scannow".

If that fails, she can perform a repair install if she has an OEM, retail or upgrade XP CD (recovery CD's cant' do that). She will have to boot on the cd, thus she needs first to change the boot order in the bios to CD-rom first. Then, when XP setup loads, choose the option "To setup Windows XP now" (not the one about recovery console). On the next screen (after the licence agreement) she should be given the option to repair her current xp installation by typing R.

Once that's done, if the CD wasn't a SP2 version, first thing is to go to windows update to reinstall XP SP2 and all updates she could have done since. Don't surf on the internet before any antivirus and firewall (either windows or another) is enabled.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/after-virus-checking-and-cleaning-lsass-exe-and-ipwins-dll-missing-152434.html
Relevancy 82.56%

when i right click on my DVD writer i do not get the options "OPEN",EXPLORE & AUTOPLAY"..How do i bring them back?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-open-explore-options-from-context-menu.757322/
Relevancy 82.56%

Can anyone help me with this ? i got a picture ... i cant sendto desktop as shortcut the icon is missing .. help !!

A:"Desktop As Shortcut" Command Is Missing from the "Send To" Menu

Maybe this info will help:
Send To Context Menu - Remove or Restore Default Items

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/382253-desktop-shortcut-command-missing-send-menu.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Computer Specs CPU I - MB "NTLDR Boot now Device" missing" Proper is "Select Asus Pz Ram Corsair GB Vengeance LP Using on board VIdeo For now Maxtor "Select Proper Boot Device" now "NTLDR is missing" HD Sata WD Raptor Sata HP Lightscribe DVD-r Drive Sata Problem I was having once I completed my new build with old system parts was as listed in title It started out as select proper boot device and now it states ntldr is missing From what I have been reading it seems as if my partition with my windows install is not set active I do not have my windows DVD only my old vista DVD I tried to boot into it to make use of CMD and attempt to make my partition active but I was unsuccessful to even get into CMD I went into bios and forced booted from the drive with the OS and still same error also I attempted to disable the other sata and run the computer again with no success also Look forward to hearing from someone soon I will be sitting by my laptop all night until this computer gets running

A:"Select Proper Boot Device" now "NTLDR is missing"

Finally Got to command prompt but it shows my current drive listed as x: dunno if this will be relevant and helpful to anyone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228170-select-proper-boot-device-now-ntldr-missing.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I have the same problem. I don't know much about computers so I really have no idea what to do, it'd be great if someone could help. Here's a list of stuff that seems important , if it's missing anything tell me. Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 ; Mainboard - ASUSTek COmputer INC. Model , P5Q-PRO. Chipset - Intel - P45/{43/G45/G43

A:"SM Bus Controller" driver is missing

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Download the Chipset Driver from the Asus Website ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/329502-sm-bus-controller-driver-missing.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi I just put together a brand new haswell missing" drive is into directly when Error message booting "BOOTMGR gaming rig and installed windows Long story short I copied the contents of my windows installation disc into an internal SATA drive BEVT- ZCT and installed windows onto another internal SATA drive ST AS My problem is that in order to access the windows installation in ST AS I have to boot into BEVT- ZCT and then select Error message "BOOTMGR is missing" when booting directly into drive Windows If I boot directly into ST AS then I get the error message quot BOOTMGR is missing quot How can I fix this and boot directly into the drive windows is installed in ST AS I've tried the commands bootrec rebuildbcd bootrec fixmbr and bootrec fixboot but they keep using the MBR stored in BEVT- ZCT without ever creating an MBR on the ST AS drive I don't have an optical drive on the rig and the only way I can transfer information to and Error message "BOOTMGR is missing" when booting directly into drive from the rig is by removing the BEVT- ZCT internal drive and connecting it to my laptop Sorry for the long post Thanks in advance Error message "BOOTMGR is missing" when booting directly into drive for helping

A:Error message "BOOTMGR is missing" when booting directly into drive

As the new MOBO's now have a uEFI/BIOS firmware.
How to install Windows 64 bit on a uEFI/BIOS firmware:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with

For UEFI USB Pen Drive.
UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/296999-error-message-bootmgr-missing-when-booting-directly-into-drive.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi guys Sent a message to in Computer in - SCSI Set no MY Utltra "Missing" letter XP Stripe drive quot technoflop quot on this issue nothing back yet What I know I get a SCSI ID assigned upon bootup of these Ultra II SCSI's Seagate's Seatools software quot sees quot my stripe set at a low level Read Write diagnostic short amp long tests pass Defrag Summary Volume Video Volume size GB Cluster size KB Used space GB Free space GB Percent free space Volume fragmentation Total fragmentation File fragmentation Free space fragmentation File fragmentation Total files Average file "Missing" Utltra SCSI Stripe Set in XP - no drive letter in MY Computer size MB Total fragmented files Total excess fragments Average fragments per file Pagefile fragmentation Pagefile size bytes Total fragments Folder fragmentation Total folders Fragmented folders Excess folder fragments Master File Table MFT fragmentation Total MFT size MB MFT record count Percent MFT in use Total MFT fragments XP Drive manager tags these drives as Missing or Failed They do not reactivate says to run chkdsk before trying this Cannot upgrade these to Dynamic volumes Q Is the MB MFT size too small My other GB dive has a MFT size of MB with records and that drive has a drive letter Q What is the next logical action don't want to LL format I know the files are there because I could see them being moved during the dfrag There are so many data recovery software companies and such a wide range of prices - any suggestions on recovering tif jpg avi rzx files I'm a Speed Razor X user Thanks in advance Peter - -

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-utltra-scsi-stripe-set-in-xp-no-drive-letter-in-my-computer-8060.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I am running Win 7/SP1. I have a Sony Blu-Ray Burner BWU-500S. When I right click on the drive I no longer have a format option in the context menu. Does anyone know how I can restore/recreate the format item? I just recently did a clean install of Win 7 & have been in the process of reloading all my software. Everything concerning my drive was just fine, but somwhere something has gotten corrupted. I am not running any particular DVD burning software either.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Jim

A:Context menu item "Format" missing on my DVD RW drive

Hello Jim,

For a CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drive, you will not have the Format option available unless you have a blank unformatted disc in the drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/201693-context-menu-item-format-missing-my-dvd-rw-drive.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have three hard drives A B and is missing" drive disconnected is when secondary "NTLDR Solved: C A has the operating system and B and C are secondaries I only have enough IDE things to run either Solved: "NTLDR is missing" when secondary drive is disconnected B or C I ve been running A and B I need to access C so I disconnect B and plug in C they detect correctly in BIOS on boot I get the error NTLDR is missing press Ctrl Alt Del to restart Why is this the drive that I disconected doen t have the OS on it I ve tried changing the boot order to be sure I ve tried booting A by itself the only way to get the machine to boot is to connect drives A and B Any explaination solution I know I could re-install windows but I don t want to I ve also tried fix MBR and fixboot from the recovery console I need to be able to boot A and B together or A and C together depending on my needs Thanks in advance for your help -Nick nbsp

A:Solved: "NTLDR is missing" when secondary drive is disconnected

NTLDR is one of the main files neccessary to load ntfs file systems (win2000/xp)
have to assume that file is on one of your drives for some reason.
You may need to disconnect the drive you don't want and repair the installation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ntldr-is-missing-when-secondary-drive-is-disconnected.455120/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi,

first i would like to show the operating system of my laptop.

System: Microsoft windows xp professional
Version 2002
Service pack 3

when i tried to right click on my drives, i.e. c drive, removable disks, the option only includes open and explore. However, when i tried to right click on folders, the available option includes open, explore and search.. how do i include the "search" option?

hope to hear from you soon. thank you.

A:Missing "search" action when I right click the drive icon

blazingdrake, Go to the link below and download the "Drive Association Fix". Instructions are on the page.
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

Tufenuf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-search-action-when-i-right-click-the-drive-icon.794888/
Relevancy 82.13%

Was attempting to get rid of registry "Map Drive" Network after edit. hasty menu missing item some ghosted network drives which no longer exist - I'd tried everything until I came "Map Network Drive" menu item missing after hasty registry edit. upon this thread How do I REMOVE a Network Drive and the horse it rode in on I scrolled to the bottom and saw the registry edit I went to my own registry and though I did not see a folder in that location named quot Mountpoint key quot I did have one called quot MountPoints quot inside which I found entries for all of the old now-nonexistent drives I had been accessing over the network So rather stupidly thinking these were causing the problem deleted "Map Network Drive" menu item missing after hasty registry edit. any entry that had an old drive name in it there were of them I left the default entry in there After doing that and restarting the old ghost drives were indeed gone from my Computer window but "Map Network Drive" menu item missing after hasty registry edit. I discovered when attempting to re-map the new ones that when going to the Tools menu to quot Map Network Drive quot that the menu item was missing I can still access drives over the network thru the Network panel on the left side of the window System Restore was not engaged so no going back to a previous restore point Thanks for any advice help or insight you can provide

A:"Map Network Drive" menu item missing after hasty registry edit.

I managed to fix this with a bit more research. Got the menu item to appear again, this time with another regedit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

http://i.imgur.com/Ib5ZH.jpg

I set "NoNetConnectDisconnect" to a value of zero, and rebooted, and it was fine after that.

Not sure how or why, but after this incident I have properly engaged System Restore.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/213213-map-network-drive-menu-item-missing-after-hasty-registry-edit.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi I just put together a brand new haswell gaming drive when Error "BOOTMGR directly message is [SOLVED] ONLY into missing" booting rig and installed windows Long story short I copied the contents of my windows installation disc into an internal SATA drive BEVT- ZCT and installed windows onto another internal SATA drive ST AS My [SOLVED] Error message "BOOTMGR is missing" ONLY when booting directly into drive problem is that in order to access the windows installation in ST AS I have to boot into BEVT- [SOLVED] Error message "BOOTMGR is missing" ONLY when booting directly into drive ZCT and then select Windows If I boot directly into ST AS then I get the error message quot BOOTMGR is missing quot How can I fix this and boot directly into the drive windows is installed in ST AS I've tried the commands bootrec rebuildbcd bootrec fixmbr and bootrec fixboot but they keep using the MBR stored in BEVT- ZCT without ever creating an MBR on the ST AS drive I don't have an optical drive on the rig and the only way I can transfer information to and from the rig is by removing the BEVT- ZCT internal drive and connecting it to my laptop Sorry for the long post Thanks in advance for helping

A:[SOLVED] Error message "BOOTMGR is missing" ONLY when booting directly into drive

Hi do you have a usb drive then you could try this 4 Ways to Create a Bootable Windows 7 or Vista USB Drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-error-message-and-quot-bootmgr-is-missing-and-quot-only-when-booting-directly-into-drive-702071.html
Relevancy 82.13%

On an admin account, if I want to, say, download/install a program, UAC will ask for confirmation, and clicking " yes " will get it to start downloading.

I wonder if I can make the system asking for password instead of giving the option of " yes " or " continue ". Like it does to a standard user account.

Thank you.

t-4-2

A:Password required instead of clicking " yes ' ot " continue "

You should enable the policy "User Account Control: Use Admin Approval Mode for the built-in Administrator account", and then you must configure the policy "User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode" to use either "Prompt for credentials" or "Prompt for credentials on the secure desktop". Note the behavior of this last item depends on how you've configured "User Account Control: Allow UIAccess applications to prompt for elevation without using the secure desktop" or "User Account Control: Switch to the secure desktop when prompting for elevation" - I personally don't like using the secure desktop with a multimon setup, so I disable "User Account Control: Switch to the secure desktop when prompting for elevation" on my machines. All of these policies are in GPEdit > Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options. If you're using a version of Win7 without a local policy editor (your specs say Win7 HP, so it's possible) all of these settings are backed by registry values, documented on Technet here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/208579-password-required-instead-clicking-yes-ot-continue.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi

I've just built a new PC running Windows 8.1 with an SSD main drive and two 4TB HDD?s that I want to use for mirrored storage using Windows RAID.

I had this working successfully under Windows 7.

I have set one of the 4TB Drives as a dynamic drive partitioned as GPT.  When I go in to disc management and right click on that drive (or any other drive) I don?t get the option to ?Add Mirror?.

Can anyone shed some light on this and suggestions for a possible fix?

For your ref the main system components are:
ASUS X99 Deluxe motherboard
Intel i7-5820K
16GB RAM
SAMSUNG 850 Pro 512GB SSD
2 x WDC WD40EFRX-68WT0N0

Thanks for your time.

B R

A:"Add Mirror" option on dynamic drive is missing

Hi,
Based on my research, I found the following phenomenon:

Add Mirror option only work when the disk was joined Storage Pool. If not, this option would greyed out.
You can refer to the contents of the link below for more knowledge about Storage pool of Windows 8.1.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc161247.aspxRoger Lu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f08ee231-323f-4955-8eb7-f4a29d18d4e3/quotadd-mirrorquot-option-on-dynamic-drive-is-missing?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi,

I recently bought an Asus 1215n netbook from Amazon with a 250gb hard drive. However, when I check the actual capacity I only see 1 partition with 100gb and another partition with 117gb.

I know you "lose" 7gb per each 100gb, but that means I should at least have 232,5 usable gigabytes (approximately). I checked other posts in the forums and thanks to them I found out that one partition in my computer is using 2gb for system protection.

But still, where are the other 13,5 gigabytes???

Thanks everyone

A:Missing Hard Drive Space (besides the "standard 7%")

Quote: Originally Posted by reckonn

Hi,

I recently bought an Asus 1215n netbook from Amazon with a 250gb hard drive. However, when I check the actual capacity I only see 1 partition with 100gb and another partition with 117gb.

I know you "lose" 7gb per each 100gb, but that means I should at least have 232,5 usable gigabytes (approximately). I checked other posts in the forums and thanks to them I found out that one partition in my computer is using 2gb for system protection.

But still, where are the other 13,5 gigabytes???

Thanks everyone

Sorry to say but that 7% is an average. I have seen as high as 20% and as low as 3%.

It gets worse the bigger the HD as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/117798-missing-hard-drive-space-besides-standard-7-a.html