Windows Support Forum

Windows freezes, and eventually reboots with no visible error message.

Q: Windows freezes, and eventually reboots with no visible error message.

Hi After I've booted up and logged into Windows bit my computer runs without hiccup but once a random amount of time has passed haven't timed it with freezes, and reboots Windows error eventually message. visible no maybe Windows freezes, and eventually reboots with no visible error message. an hour or so the current program stops responding followed by Windows CTRL ALT DEL doesn't work once this has happened I even got a dialog box once saying Windows couldn't access the task manager and I should reboot If I leave the computer be for Windows freezes, and eventually reboots with no visible error message. a while it eventually reboots itself and then tells me Windows did not properly shut down After that it's business as normal until it happens again There's no error box or BSOD nothing that gives me any sort of code that would indicate what specifically is going wrong Prior to Windows freezes, and eventually reboots with no visible error message. this happening a game on my computer ran an update which crashed my computer in this manner and I thought it was the culprit However uninstalling the game yielded no results I have tried to fix this by reinstalling Windows during which I formatted ALL my partitions This didn't solve it unfortunately I have monitored my CPU temperature and it peaked at C when it crashed so overheating seems unlikely My only trains of thought are hardware failure of some kind or BIOS related Any thoughts

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows freezes, and eventually reboots with no visible error message.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows freezes, and eventually reboots with no visible error message.

Welcome to TSF! Have you tried rebooting in Safe Mode?
or trying this Clean Boot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-freezes-and-eventually-reboots-with-no-visible-error-message-692426.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Ok my set up is ASUS CD-RW X CD-ROM MB Cache SATA X DVD Burner Thermaltake toughpower W ATX V X XFX Radeon HD GB -bit DDR in Crossfire x Seagate Barracuda GB gard drives in RAID for data storage X OCZ Reaper HPC GB DDR ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM AMD FX AMD Phenom II X T Black Edition Thuban GHz OCZ starting Windows multiple Stuck works? reboots after screen, but at eventually Agility GB for OS HTOmega Claro Halo XT Sound Card My problem is is that on Stuck at Windows starting screen, but after multiple reboots eventually works? a cold boot i get the stuck at the quot Starting Windows quot screen approximately times before the computer finally boots all the way through Then usually but i dont want to test it the computer will reboot successfully until i cut it completely off and come back the next day It boots into safe mode just fine everytime Ive tried reseating all hardware disabling all non microsoft services installing all new drivers for everything and I found one problem were the molex connecter for power was disconnected from one of the video cards but this did not actually fix the issue Ive also tried disconnecting different peripherals and such but that didnt work either once i gave up on trying some things and put everything back to normal reboots later it worked again so i decided to post here and ask for help Thanks a lot guys I hope its not the Power Supply saving that for last UPDATE I removed one of the graphics cards and everything works fine now is this a power problem nbsp

A:Stuck at Windows starting screen, but after multiple reboots eventually works?

hi xtimymx,

Its unlikely to be a powersupply fault but it may be a power problem on the Graphics Card itself. how long you had the card? would try an RMA on it just incase there is a fualt there.

James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-at-windows-starting-screen-but-after-multiple-reboots-eventually-works.156966/
Relevancy 74.39%

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

full retail version

age of hardware - one week

age of OS - 3 days
I've recently swapped my HDD to SSD, completly reinstalled OS with the newest drivers.

A:Windows 7 freezes, eventually BSOD's

Quote: Originally Posted by komoornik

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

full retail version

age of hardware - one week

age of OS - 3 days
I've recently swapped my HDD to SSD, completly reinstalled OS with the newest drivers.

Ah but you installed either daemon tools or alcohol.

Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads

You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.

Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview

And this crash was caused by your wifi driver (bcmw16.sys) re-install with most current driver.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/129515-windows-7-freezes-eventually-bsods.html
Relevancy 70.52%

This was difficult to summarize in the title because it does a series of things I've visited this site for many years but haven't posted before I consider myself a relatively advanced computer user but this problem has exhausted my diagnositic skills OS is XP pro The computer is from the early Vista era but I had them load XP instead when I bought it Because I am not constantly watching the computer I don't have every step in the exact sequence I switch between two computers as I slowly transfer everything to the new one The problem happens when the computer has been running for at least a couple of days as far as I can tell so I can't simply recreate it at will It has happened fairly regularly for the past month at least This can happen when few or no programs are running I usually turn on that PC because there are a few things I still need but once it started having this problem it's rarely more than Skype and my email sometimes only Skype or nothing Lately I've avoided opening a computer black, items Desktop/windows turn eventually disappear, freezes browser One of the first symptoms Desktop/windows items turn black, disappear, computer eventually freezes is some of the desktop icon text turns black instead of the normal white I selected You can see that in the last photo At that time some text had re-appeared after missing for a while clicking on the icons can sometimes bring back the text Eventually text disappears from places like the title bars list of email etc not text in a document but that would probably disappear too if I didn't close the programs Some of the icons disappear too The text disappearance happens gradually a title or some lines here and there maybe just one side It might be a block of email subject lines or part of the folder list Some photos taken over a five-minute period NOTE Don't click on the images unless you want to go to the postimage org site There's not a larger picture or anything else relevant Below is the task manager where each line should report on a running process You can see that random sections of text are missing Behind it all of the icons are missing I think that was the control panel The photo below shows one other odd thing -- the mouse-hover shows the wrong program It shows something that exists but it showed this one for every icon on the desktop not just the correct one I think it's hovering over Windows Explorer now I don't use the program it's showing I haven't seen this behavior before and don't know if it always shows the program displayed here If I catch it in time I can close the programs normally This morning I found it just starting to lose text and I was able to take photos and click on various things to see what happened Part-way through the sequence of disappearances clicking on any shortcut will bring up the window shown below - the box in the center Earlier in the process the programs will open even if some text is missing Later like below it's just the message box While testing various actions and taking pictures I accidently did something that caused it to restart - I was moving the task bar items and tried to drag them back to the bar That meant the problem was temporarily resolved and I'd have to wait another few days for it to go through the entire process Instead of a photograph I'll describe the next phase Eventually all the desktop icons disappear not just their titles leaving the background image and a new window with a message The message window looks similar to the normal XP window requesting an administrator password except that my PC does not require any sort of login At that point everything is frozen It says something like This computer shows name is locked and requires an administrator password with the empty fields below to enter the name and password Left on its own this happens every time and is the last thing I usually don't enter anything and nothing I click makes a difference It's been a while but I think I've tried various methods of closing... Read more

A:Desktop/windows items turn black, disappear, computer eventually freezes

Obviously something's not right with that computer, and I have to say it sounds like some kind of virus/malware.  I'd try booting that XP system to Safe Mode and doing scans with Malwarebytes and Avast.  Some viruses can hide in normal mode.  If that doesn't work, there're programs you can download from here ( http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows/ ) including AdwCleaner, Junkware Removal Tool, and TDSSKiller, but let's wait and see if the Safe Mode scans will help.

As you appear to know, MS dropped support for XP 4/8/14, so it's just going to become more and more susceptible to problems with time.  I assume you're copying things to that new computer to resolve that very thing.  If all you need is the data, you could always remove the hard drive, put it into an inexpensive enclosure (around $25 cost), and plug it into a USB port on the new computer.  You could also boot a Linux disc or flash drive on the old computer and do the copies that way.  Ubuntu, Mint, and Puppy versions are three that I'm familiar with and know to be easy to use.  You can read about and download a Ubuntu ISO file from here: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop .  You can then either burn it to a DVD or put it on a flash drive using the directions here: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows .

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540052/desktopwindows-items-turn-black-disappear-computer-eventually-freezes/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a Dell Inspiron 580 that randomly freezes and reboots and reports that windows has recovered from a fatal error. I can not seem to find the cause. I have tried reinstalling the Video Driver, thinking this was the issue because sometimes when it crashes, the screen will freeze, sometimes it will flash blue and white then crash and reboot. One specific error I see when opening Windows Live Mail, upon a hang, display flashes and notification window pops up says Video driver as stopped working.

I have also tried cleaning all heat syncs, and reapplyng thermal compound to rule out a heat problem. All fans work fine. I have run memtest86 testing memory, and burn in software testing the Video card and I get no error during these test.

At a loss. Figured I would ask for help.

A:Computer Freezes, reboots, reports Windows has Recovered - Fatal Error

I'm not absolutely certain here as things aren't very clear cut in your logs there, but at this point the biggest possible culprit seems to be your antivirus application.
Whether something has gone wrong or it's just mistakenly blocking a needed system component I can't say.

If you aren't completely opposed to the idea I would like you to remove it temporarily to see if things stabilize.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250106-computer-freezes-reboots-reports-windows-has-recovered-fatal-error.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello- Recently set up my computer after about a month of it not being used Worked fine for about a week but two days ago it locked up watching a video file on Windows Media Player and since then I cannot get it to work again Sometimes I can get past the login screen but it will freeze up shortly after that Usually while loading the start XP Windows freezes message. error no with up programs but recently it can get about two minutes of usage before everything locks up No error messages and it does not try to do the disk check Windows XP freezes with no error message. or anything about rebooting After some searching on the internet Windows XP freezes with no error message. power Windows XP freezes with no error message. supply came up a few times as a potential problem I got a new one about years ago and it is an Allied AL XB nothing has changed about my computer that I can think of between the time that it was working great to now I maintain my machine pretty well as far as keeping updated spyware and virus software as well as defragging and such regularly Thanks in advance Mark nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Hello- Recently set up my computer after about a month of it not being used Worked fine for about a week but no Windows error XP freezes with message. two days ago it locked up watching a video Windows XP freezes with no error message. file on Windows Media Player and since then I cannot get it to work again Sometimes I can get past the login screen but it will freeze up shortly after that Usually while loading the start up programs but recently it can get about two minutes of usage before everything locks up No error messages and it does not try to do the disk check or anything about rebooting After some searching on the internet power supply came up a few times as a potential problem I got a new one about years ago and it is an Allied AL XB nothing has changed about my computer that I can think of between the time that it was working great to now I maintain my machine pretty well as far as keeping updated spyware and virus software as well as defragging and such regularly Today however I was able to log on and run a Hijackthis Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe c WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS TBPanel exe C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files MSI Core Center CoreCenter exe C Program Files Research In Motion BlackBerry DesktopMgr exe C Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility VolumeWatcher SPUVolumeWatcher exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion RIMDeviceManager RIMDeviceManager exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion USB Drivers BbDevMgr exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolb... Read more

A:Windows XP freezes with no error message.

and welcome to the Forum

I would run diagnostics on the hard drive ( click here )

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-freezes-with-no-error-message-408054.html
Relevancy 65.36%

My desktop randomly freezes and will not respond to keyboard or mouse inputs No blue screen or error code is generated when this happens Originally this occasionally happened shortly after resuming from standby However it has progressed to happen randomly anytime the computer is turned on generally shortly after startup If task manager is open no unusual CPU usage shows up No program needs to be running for this problem to occur Other than this problem everything on the computer works normally and I can sometimes use the computer for hours with no Windows Error XP With Message Freezes No problems Can someone please help me identify what is causing this problem I can't tell if it is a virus problem or if hardware is failing Any help I can get to identify the source would be greatly appreciated My computer is a Dell Dimension with a GHz Pentium processor Gb RAM running Windows XP Home SP with the latest updates Antivirus software is Avira Free Antivirus which has been temporarily removed for troubleshooting I have run numerous software checks but have been unable to pinpoint a cause for this problem The list I've tried is below Avira Full Scan no problems found DISK CHECK problems found and corrected System Restore to Windows XP Freezes With No Error Message earlier Windows XP Freezes With No Error Message date no change System Hibernate instead of Standby no change Disk Defragment no change Kaspersky Online Scan nothing unusual found CTRL SCROLL SCROLL does not work when system is frozen System Shut-down instead of Standby no change Dell Support Center PC Checkup PC Doctor suite no problems found with RAM check CPU check or drive checks Reinstall of Avira no change Uninstall of Avira no change Disconnect of all hardware except mouse amp keyboard no change Mouse Windows XP Freezes With No Error Message swap out no change memtest ok after running overnight Seatools drive check ok for both drives removed nd hard drive no change replaced PSU with new larger unit no change I was unable to save the results for a full GMER scan The st time I ran it items showed up some temp file said mbr sys was not found plus the two listed below but a BSOD prevented a file save The nd time the scan completed with only items Device ACPI sys ACPI Driver for NT Microsoft Disk Device Harddisk DR PE file sector As I moved the cursor toward the save button the computer froze--again preventing a save The rd time I also got a BSOD The th time I ran just the quot Sections quot scan Everything came back ok with a blank log So I finally just saved the log from the scan that starts automatically when GMER starts That is the log attached to the post Let me know if I should try rerunning in Safe mode The DDS file is shown below DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Matt at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Visioneer OneTouch OneTouchMon exe C PROGRAM FILES MICROSOFT MONEY SYSTEM REMINDER EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System alg exe c WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp forecast weather gov MapClick php CityName Marysville amp state OH amp site ILN amp textField amp textField - amp mp uPro... Read more

A:Windows XP Freezes With No Error Message

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

It appears you didn't attach the second dds log, Attach.txt, to your initial post.

Press the Windows "logo" key and "R" key then copy/paste the following into the Run box and click OK:

%temp%\attach.txt

A text file should open. Save it to your desktop then attach that file to your next reply.

I need to see a gmer log in order to help you. I see no attachment.

If necessary, run gmer in Safe Mode with Networking: Restart your computer.
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, start pressing the F8 key.
In some systems, this may be the F5 key.
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear.
Use the up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode with Networking and press 'Enter'.
Login on your usual account.

If still no joy...

When you run this tool, remember to choose 'Skip' not 'Cure' if it finds something. We just want a scan, not a fix.

Download tdsskiller.exe and Save it to your Desktop.

Double-click tdsskiller.exe and click 'Run'

Click 'Start scan'.

If no infection is found, click 'Close' and let me know.

If an infection is found, select 'Skip' from the dropdown menu under 'Cure' then click 'Continue' > 'Close' > 'Close'.

It will produce a log here > C:\TDSSKiller.2.8.15.0_date_time_log.txt

Please navigate to the file, double-click to open it, and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-xp-freezes-with-no-error-message-673657.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My desktop randomly freezes and will Without BSOD Freezes XP Error or Windows Message not respond to keyboard or mouse inputs No blue screen or error code is generated when this happens Originally this occasionally happened shortly after resuming from standby However it has progressed to happen randomly anytime the computer is turned on--frequently during or shortly after startup Also recently the computer has begun randomly rebooting even though set to not automatically restart If task manager is open no unusual CPU usage shows up No program needs to be running for this problem to occur Other than this problem everything on the computer works normally and I can sometimes use the computer for hours with no problems Can someone please help me identify what is causing this problem My computer is a Dell Dimension with a Windows XP Freezes Without Error Message or BSOD GHz Pentium processor Gb RAM running Windows XP Home SP Antivirus software is MS Security Essentials I recently visited the malware side of the forum to see if this could be a virus problem http www techsupportforum com forums f windows-xp-freezes-with-no-error-message- html post After a series of tests the computer was declared clean--but the problem persists At their advice I am reposting here Other unsuccessful attempts to correct this problem are listed below DISK CHECK problems found and corrected System Restore to earlier date no change System Hibernate instead of Standby no change Disk Defragment no change CTRL SCROLL SCROLL does not work when system is frozen System Shut-down instead of Standby no change Dell Support Center PC Checkup PC Doctor suite no problems found with RAM check CPU check or drive checks Disconnect of all hardware except mouse amp keyboard no change Mouse swap out no change memtest ok after running overnight Seatools drive check ok for both drives removed nd hard drive no change replaced PSU with new larger unit no change P S I didn't see specific instructions for posting XP problems to this forum If I am supposed to run the same programs listed for Win and Vista please advise Thanks

A:Windows XP Freezes Without Error Message or BSOD

General steps to resolve the problems you have faced:

How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state

Some of these you already did, but go through and do the ones you have not yet tried: Maintenance tasks that improve performance

Provide us with your TSF_XP_SUPPORT reports if you need further help after doing the above.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-xp-freezes-without-error-message-or-bsod-675626.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My desktop randomly freezes and will not respond to keyboard or mouse inputs unless started in Safe Mode No blue screen Error XP No Windows Message Freezes With Randomly or error code is generated when this happens Originally this occasionally happened shortly after resuming from standby However it has progressed to happen randomly anytime the computer is turned on including sometimes during startup If task manager is open no unusual CPU usage shows up No program needs to be running for this problem to occur Other than this problem Windows XP Randomly Freezes With No Error Message everything on the computer works normally and I can sometimes use the computer for hours with no problems Can someone please help me identify what is causing this problem I can't tell if it is a virus problem or if hardware is failing Any help I can get to Windows XP Randomly Freezes With No Error Message identify the source would be greatly appreciated My computer is a Dell Dimension with a GHz Pentium Windows XP Randomly Freezes With No Error Message processor Gb RAM running Windows XP Home SP with the latest updates Antivirus software is Avira Free Antivirus which has been temporarily removed for troubleshooting I have run numerous software checks but have been unable to pinpoint a cause for this problem The list I've tried is below Avira Full Scan no problems found DISK CHECK no problems found Several months ago I did get a message during startup that the system had recovered from a serious error and had attempted to fix itself But no unusual results were noticed at the time System Restore to earlier date no change System Hibernate instead of Standby no change Disk Defragment no change Kaspersky Online Scan nothing unusual found Spybot Search amp Destroy no problems found other than a few cookies Spyware Blaster no problems found CTRL SCROLL SCROLL does not work when system is frozen System Shut-down instead of Standby no change Dell Support Center PC Checkup PC Doctor suite no problems found with RAM check CPU check or drive checks Reinstall of scanner driver no change Reinstall of Avira no change Uninstall of Avira no change Disconnect of all hardware except mouse amp keyboard no change Mouse swap out no change Removed SopCast and Stream Torrent no change I was unable to save the results for a full GMER scan The st time I ran it items showed up some temp file said mbr sys was not found plus the two listed below but a BSOD prevented a file save The nd time the scan completed with only items Device ACPI sys ACPI Driver for NT Microsoft Disk Device Harddisk DR PE file sector As I moved the cursor toward the save button the computer froze--again preventing a save The rd time I also got a BSOD The th time I ran just the quot Sections quot scan Everything came back ok with a blank log So I finally just saved the log from the scan that starts automatically when GMER starts That is the log attached to the post Let me know if I should try rerunning in Safe mode The DDS file is shown below DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Matt at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Visioneer OneTouch OneTouchMon exe C PROGRAM FILES MICROSOFT MONEY SYSTEM REMINDER EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System alg exe c WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS... Read more

Relevancy 64.07%

Sometimes my computer will randomly freeze up i can hear the hardware now functioning properly so i m hoping thats not the issue Theres nothing that I can figure out that s causing this after its frozen for a while it will crash and to to some blue screen I have an error message pop up on a regular basis reading quot host process for windows services stopped working and was closed quot Sometimes when it freezes if i leave it be for a while it kicks out of it and starts running good again Sorry I cant be more specific but thats really all there is to it I guess eventually Computer randomly crashes freezes and if anything jumps out on my hijackthis log that should be removed that may be a start let me know if there s any more information i can give Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer Computer randomly freezes and eventually crashes v Boot mode Normal Running Computer randomly freezes and eventually crashes processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe Computer randomly freezes and eventually crashes C Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXE C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Demonoid Toolbar - b b - f - df- f - fab b e aef - C Program Files Demonoid tbDemo dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Demonoid Toolbar - b b - f - df- f - fab b e aef - C Program Files Demonoid tbDemo dll O - BHO The Pirate Bay Toolbar - B E C- A - - B-A B A B - C Program Files The Pirate Bay toolbar ni dll O - BHO ZoneAlarm Toolbar Registrar - A A C - - D C-BD D- CB EED E - C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField TrustChecker bin TrustCheckerIEPlugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Demonoid Toolbar - b b - f - df- f - fab b e aef - C Program Files Demonoid tbDemo dll O - Toolbar The Pirate Bay Toolbar - B E C- A - - B-A B A B - C Program Files The Pirate Bay toolbar ni dll O - Toolbar no name - FFDE - - f -B D-FC A F C - no file O - Toolbar ZoneAlarm Toolbar - EE AC E -B B - EC - A -BCA A AB - C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField TrustChecker bin TrustCheckerIEPlugin dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SunJav... Read more

A:Computer randomly freezes and eventually crashes

also if there's a good antivirus program anyone could suggest i'll buy it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomly-freezes-and-eventually-crashes.936470/
Relevancy 63.64%

With heavy disk use my system appears to stop disk activity Resource Monitor shows nothing Disk Freezes and Eventually Activity Stops System under Overview and Disk where there would be e g system and explore exe listed as images before this condition I'm trying to copy - GB from one disk to another After some time this condition happens but I can still to other things The Disk Activity Stops and System Eventually Freezes network is up I can e g ping my LinkSys ssh to work Eventually Disk Activity Stops and System Eventually Freezes things will just freeze Pulling the power cord is the only way to solve so far I did install new HW a SATA controller Disk Activity Stops and System Eventually Freezes but can't remove it The disk I'm copying to is TB WD Green I need the new SATA controller to use gt TB disks I already know the old onboard BIOS SATA controller works I've copied - GB overnight in the past Right now using smaller sized copies things behave The new controler is a HighPoint Rocket L basic disk step as before i e no RAID I tried manually updating to the latest Win b drivers from HighPoint's site but system tells me I have the latest Anyone have a suggestion I have a day or two before I can even RMA the adapter I'd rather try a few things before ending up back where I am in a week if the next adapter has the same issie Thanks

A:Disk Activity Stops and System Eventually Freezes

I've seen this again, but a copy wasn't in progress. I just completed one (a few actually) but none was in progress when the system just "hung".

In a dos prompt, I was monitoring the free disk space as I did the smaller folder copies (50-100GB) that worked. After the last copy completed, I was issuing dos commands (it has been a long time) to remember how to copy from the command line to "batch copies up with delays in between" if smaller copies worked. When I entered dir/? the system "froze". Resource Monitor showed NO disk activity. 16GB of RAM mostly free.

I got the white screen of death eventually. Power cord pulled

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/275872-disk-activity-stops-system-eventually-freezes.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Not sure if this is the right place to post this issue but I have no idea if it's a hardware software or other issue entirely It started doing this today so far I can't nail down a pattern as to what causes it It was turned on this morning and had been on but not used for about four hours before my wife got on She used it for maybe minutes and then it started glitching and freezing up The mouse became unresponsive in fits then eventually the system froze entirely She rebooted and ran a full virus scan but it came up with nothing It also had frozen again gets glitching, then starts eventually freezes worse, Computer by the time the virus scan was finished so I had to reboot it Computer starts glitching, gets worse, then eventually freezes again I was able to use it for maybe minutes or so before I experienced the same glitching and freezing I rebooted it once more and now I'm writing this post The only common denominator I can think of so far is that we were both using an internet browser when it glitched She was able to close the browser and continue working on the document she had open for a short time before it froze entirely When I encountered the issue it froze too quickly for me to do anything Thanks for your help

A:Computer starts glitching, gets worse, then eventually freezes

Try this and make sure none of your system files aren't corrupt.
Hope that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/245655-computer-starts-glitching-gets-worse-then-eventually-freezes.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a Dell Latitude D laptop running Windows XP and every time Windows loads up I receive the error message quot DrWatson Postmortem Laptop Error Message Startup, XP Upon Windows Freezes Immediately Debugger has encountered Windows XP Error Message Upon Startup, Laptop Freezes Immediately a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot Error Signature EventType BEX P drwtsn exe P P b d a P dbghelp dll P P a b P d P c P This error message occurs regardless if you do or don t click on anything within a few seconds of the Windows screen starting up I cannot do a system restore because anytime you hover the mouse over the bottom taskbar the cursor is an hourglass I have attempted to try the quot backdoor quot way to pull up the start menu by pressing the windows key nothing Once this message has come up nothing on the computer will respond I attempted to boot in Safe Mode the same error message comes up but the screen Windows XP Error Message Upon Startup, Laptop Freezes Immediately stays completely black with only Safe Mode in the corners nothing else I am at a loss I would love to not have to reformat my computer I have so much on my HDD and it seems impossible to backup anything at this point Please help

A:Windows XP Error Message Upon Startup, Laptop Freezes Immediately

Go to the Security forum. Post a new topic in, Am I Infected? What do I do?
You my need another working computer to download a few repair tools. To use on your infected computer.
Otherwise, you may have to do a system recovery.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446176/windows-xp-error-message-upon-startup-laptop-freezes-immediately/
Relevancy 63.21%

here is what happens..
during anytime i use my pc, most of the time during game play my pc juz reboots without any notice or anything..
after every random reboot it shows an error "the system has recovered from a serious error"
it has happened a few times until 2day..
it has happened when i play fifa2007 or warcraftIII..
any1 know whats d course??
or any solutions pls..
i really need help..
this annoying reboot is driving me crazy..
cant even play a nice complete dota game on warcraft..

A:Error Message After Random Reboots: "the System Has Recovered From A Serious Error"

Check your Event Viewer (Start>control Panel>Administrative tools>Event Viewer) under the system area. Look for any "System Errors" or "BugChecks". Post the:

EVENT ID
SOURCE
DESCRIPTION

here to this thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86483/error-message-after-random-reboots-the-system-has-recovered-from-a-serious-error/
Relevancy 62.78%

This has been going on for a few days now. Not sure what I clicked on. At first it only affected Firefox, but even IE seems to be having trouble now.

I'm using Windows XP Home service pack 3. The computer eventually slows down until I have to cycle the power due to lack of activity.

Please help!!

Thanks,
Zephyrrr

A:Google searches redirect, computer slows down and eventually freezes

Hey, what's up? Why do some of these get immediate replies and some of them get ignored??? I am having the same trouble as many others. What must I do to get a reply??

Thanks,
Z

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280703/google-searches-redirect-computer-slows-down-and-eventually-freezes/
Relevancy 62.35%

it doesn't happen every time i start up my comp. only sometimes. i'll start up my comp and get into windows and it'll reboot itself or when i start aol. i'm computer illiterate when it comes to this kinda stuff so if anyone wants me to private message the images of the error report to them and can give me a simple way to fix it that would be great. when i sent the error to microsoft it sent me to this page

A:my comp reboots itself and i get this error message

Its probably not going to be a simple fix if your system is riddled with spyware/malware. Lets rule that out first.

Lets do some house cleaning

Scan your pc with one of these free online scanners:
Panda ActiveScan
RAV AntiVirus
Housecall. Be sure to put a check the box beside AutoClean.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download / Install / Update / and Run:
Adaware SE check for any updates before running it.
Get the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. You can download it at this SITE
To run this tool, install to the hard drive, then open Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection.

Download and install Spybot S&D . Run Spybot and click on the 'Search for Updates' button. Install any updates that are available. Next click on the 'Check for Problems' button. Let it run the scan. If it finds something, check all those in RED and hit the Fix Selected Problems button. Exit Spybot. If you keep getting the DSO Exploit entries, even after you updated Windows and fixed them, then download the Spybot DSO Exploit Fix and install it over the current Spybot installation.

After using those programs Make sure that your Operating System and Internet Explorer are up-to-date by visiting the Windows Update Site and downloading all of the Critical Updates and Service Packs.

Let me know if it has helped

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-comp-reboots-itself-and-i-get-this-error-message-47307.html
Relevancy 61.92%

hi I have a NVIDIA GEforce 9800 GTX graphics card and a Dell model number SP2008WFPt monitor. it's a really nice monitor but may be getting old now. my computer is almost 6 years old, but I need to figure out why it has been (only since last night) blacking out and sometimes even flashing, then it will return and when I boot up, on the opening screen there will be green dots in lines of three going verticle everywhere. I already checked the hardware, did a system scan ( no viruses found) and got all the necessery drivers. can anyone let me know what it might be? It works just fine in safe mode, so I know it's not loose hardware, it must be a software issue or something. please help, thanks! it usually blacks out when I try to watch a video or play a game, hope that info helps.

A:My computer screen is blacking out, there's green verticle dots and freezes eventually

The video card could be artifacting/failing.

Things to try would be:
Reinstalling the newest Driver for the video card (You already tried, so it probably isn't this) But do make sure to remove the old drivers first, restart the computer, then install the newest ones.

Try another video card or on board video. You will not be able to get the same preformance for testing in games (Unless you have another 9800 GTX To try) but if you have onboard video then it will at least tell you if it is the video card or the PCI-E slot.

Has anything changed since last night? Any software installs? Windows Updates? Any significant changes to the computer?
Lastly, since it works in safemode you can assume it is probably a service/driver/software that is causing the issue.
Are you familiar with msconfig for turning off services and software from start?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-screen-is-blacking-out-theres-green-verticle-dots-and-freezes-eventually.179974/
Relevancy 61.92%

I downloaded one of those softwares that records video streaming on your computer screen and I know that when I installed it, the virus started.

Now i struggle to get my computer to work. I works very slowly and freezes -But sort of works if I unplug the internet network cable.

Also the virus seems to have removed my norton firewall.

Ive tried to 'system restore' but it doesnt give me any dates to restore to.

Ive also tried scanning with anti-virus and deleted 'downloader.zlob' virus but didnt fix problem.

Any suggestions other than formatting hard drive?

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-virus-computer-slows-down-and-eventually-freezes-when-connect-internet-cable-312417.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Greetings fellas I have recently bought the computer Asus error & freezes my computer reboots ID from 41 on Event random U SD with i sandy bridge gigs hdd gigs of ram and Nvidia GT Got tired of the harddisk and wanted to try something new by Event ID 41 error from random reboots & freezes on my computer installing OCZ Vertex GB SSD Event ID 41 error from random reboots & freezes on my computer on it It seemed to work well until I got random reboots and the system freezes for like - minutes pretty often When you see it freezes you see the HDD indicator isn't flashing it's just a light like it's working its ass off This happens when the computer is running on battery and not when it's charging strange though I have as well tried to reinstall the system with an Event ID 41 error from random reboots & freezes on my computer other Windows system without any luck I also changed the SSD by an other brand new SSD from the store where I bought it but it didn't solve the problem either After some looking in the logs I found that it was en quot Event ID quot -error code that causes the random reboots if it's related to the random freezes aswell I have no idea Google suggested that I should update the BIOS done but with no luck They also suggested that I should update my drivers and so on I did that too but I still got the same problem Event ID also seem to be a very known problem but I didn't find any fix for it And yes these problems only appeared when I installed the SSD so I think the SSD is the main problem but I know the computer supports SSD since it also can be bought with SSD I have Windows x Ultimate So is there any of you that could help me solve this problem I would really like fix this computer

A:Event ID 41 error from random reboots & freezes on my computer

Bumping the thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/190722-event-id-41-error-random-reboots-freezes-my-computer.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I m having a huge problem and I don t Error No Message Whatsoever Random Reboots And know if it is hardware or software related The error can not be reproduced it happens in an seemingly random manner it doesn t matter if the PC is doing something or not The symptom is pretty straight forward every day at least once the PC reboots as in reset without warning I ve read many arcticles on the interwebs and tried most of those solutions The Random Reboots And No Error Message Whatsoever problem first occured with a different windows installation So I put up the system from the beginning thinking it was related to malware or the likes So what I did from the beginning is - format C drive - installed newest BIOS for my mainboard thinking it could be a virus in there - pulled network plug - installed windows XP professional all updates for SP SP and finally all updates for SP from winhelpline - network still unplugged installed ESET NOD - installed spybot and firefox network plugged in again update to all program - ran the following programs a-squared Free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpywareBlaster McAfee Stinger Thinking the problem should be gone it happend again - bought new memory because that seemed to be the most obvious choice Well that didn t resolve the problem either So here I am today having to live with these annoying reboots which hurt my hard drive The only things left I can think of are - some rootkit or malware - maybe the power supply has some sort of defect W which should be enough - bought a used graphics card ATI X PCIE which is the only new hardware before this started happening Now I don t have a clue on how to proceed and get rid of this error

A:Random Reboots And No Error Message Whatsoever

Try the steps here to locate any error messages: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry409491If there aren't any error messages in those locations, then most likely the crash is occurring below the threshold that Windows can recognize.The problem that you describe is most likely heat related - but could be with almost any component of your system. It's likely that it occurs when a program stresses a particular piece of hardware - so figuring out what's running at the time that it crashes is the most likely way to start to isolate it. This includes not only the programs that you're using, but also any scheduled tasks that may execute at that time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/168308/random-reboots-and-no-error-message-whatsoever/
Relevancy 61.92%

I get the error message irql_not_less_or_equal (0x0000000A) message and then after about 30 seconds it reboots itself and it does this every time... even after unplugging it. I tried starting up in safe mode and then everything was fine. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks.

A:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (0x0000000A) error message and then it reboots

Post the files follow the Blue screen posting instructions

Please run these tests and report back the results

1. SFC /scannow to check windows for corruption - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
2. Disk check for errors on the hard drive - How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7
3. Troubleshoot applications by a clean boot - Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/289895-irql_not_less_or_equal-0x0000000a-error-message-then-reboots.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Well my system specs are in my profile but I'll put them here for simplicity sake as well.
Asus P5N-T Deluxe
Q6600 @ 3.0 Vcore 1.20v
2 x 2GB Corsair Dominator RAM @ 1066
2 x 8800GT stock
Razer Barracuda AC-1
750watt Corsair PSU
3 HDDs and DVD drive

Okay before you go and say its my overclocked CPU its been oced for months now and the problem has only recently just started. It usually happens when I'm playing a game of some sort but at random times, I played CSS for a good 3 hours then it reboot, other time less than an hour. It has happened most recently when I booted up FEAR 2 and I was was tweaking the games settings, after I had it setup just right and clicked New Game, system reboots. Any thoughts?

A:System Reboots but no BSOD or Error message

Is the video card overheating? Open the case and make sure that all the fans (including video fan) are clean and working properly. I'll try overclocking my Q6600 when I install my new motherboard next week

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-reboots-but-no-bsod-or-error-message.123113/
Relevancy 61.92%

mobo Intel Product D error reboots and message with NO new crashes pc Brand GZIS Field Version AAD - cpu Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz M sharing L Cache LGA Processor DIMM MB DDR - DDR SDRAM bios updated to the newest Video Brand new pc crashes and reboots with NO error message Adapter Intel R GZ Express Chipset Family MB onboard Audio Adapter Intel GB ICH - High Definition Audio Controller A- onboard Disk Drive Maxtor V E GB IDE Optical Drive LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional service pack Network Adapter Wire PC Port No heating problems microsoft memory check shows no RAM problems The system crashed even before Brand new pc crashes and reboots with NO error message installing wire network and now also gets disconnected from the net very often other older computers working on the same network have no problems The technicians in the company lab first told me the windows installation was faulty so I installed windows again with service pack and all the new updates and it still goes haywire periodically I spoke to microsoft - they said that it s probably a hardware issue Help Please p s I have no idea what the minidumps are nbsp

A:Brand new pc crashes and reboots with NO error message

Both dumps list VisorUsb.sys as the probable cause. See if there's as update available for this file.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-pc-crashes-and-reboots-with-no-error-message.61983/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I've looked at so many forum posts and tried what I felt confident doing on my own I'm out of options and need my computer running again HP Pavilion a c Media Center Windows XP Intel reg Pentuim reg D CPU GHz GHz GB of RAM My PC has been very slow at startup and during applications Computer msg w/ freezes & Firefox after XP & reboots constantly error updates for a very long time ive learned to live with it after trying to figure out why and just giving up Its slow and freezes on occasion Computer freezes constantly & reboots w/ error msg after updates XP & Firefox but nothing like this About a week ago I scanned with superantispyware and got rid of over tracking cookies About days ago the computer was getting very slow and starting to freeze while on Internet and email So I updated on windows website Then went to Firefox and updated flash and one more can't remember Next day the computer was freezing sometimes at startup and sometimes after trying to open a program Control-Alt-Delete wasn't working so i had to press power off manually everytime Then it started rebooting after freezes Many many reboots I couldn't do anything it was in constant cycle of freezing and rebooting Error messages -some after reboot Winlogon exe Wgatray exe Mcshield exe Msiexec exe visual studio update McHlp exe NDPI lspl-KB -x wrapper log Hpqste exe Left pc off for a day came back and cleaned the fan Then tried to run malwarebytes but couldn't stay on long enough to download Wasn't able to download updates for mcafee either McAfee firewall will not turn back on not sure why it turned off Today downloaded and tried to scan in safe mode It froze during scan Uninstalled super anti spyware malwarebytes and restarted Downloaded malware bytes again Froze during scan again and again Froze also during malwarebytes chameleon scan Not sure what to try next

A:Computer freezes constantly & reboots w/ error msg after updates XP & Firefox

Forgot to add... Now the computer is just freezing up. It hasn't rebooted all day today.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487843/computer-freezes-constantly-reboots-w-error-msg-after-updates-xp-firefox/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a lenovo u400, my processor is an i5 and it run around 50 C when doing normal browsing. runs at 60-70 C when watching movies or light gaming. My Tj. max is 100 C, never seen it pass 75 C. I just bought my laptop a month ago, so I don't know what's the deal. When I touch the bottom of my laptop is feels pretty cool.

I have ran malwarebytes and MSE and have not found anything. I have also ran a memory test and everything looks fine.

It usually happens when I'm watching a video from a website. My computer just reboots, no bsod or error message. I don't know what to do next. What can I do to troubleshoot this further?

A:Laptop reboots randomly, no bsod or error message

Hi Berkguy

Based on your logs...

Most of shutdown or reboots are caused by your graphics driver... ATI Catalyst.....

Quote:
The server {E10F6C3A-F1AE-4ADC-AA9D-2FE65525666E} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

which is related to

ATI EEU failed to post message to CCC

Suggest you update your ATI drivers from the manufactures website...

and a few are related to system getting really high temperature.

Quote:
Kernal Power .....

ACPI thermal zone ACPI\ThermalZone\TZS0 has been enumerated.

Again since you said .... the laptop looks cool...... and based on the above errors.... i am sure these shutdown were also due the drivers putting the graphics at high temps.....

Let me know your feedback

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/243970-laptop-reboots-randomly-no-bsod-error-message.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Win XP Pro Intel dual core I don t really know too many other specs off the top of my head The system is at least years old though The problem started almost a week ago No new hardware no new software It will reboot randomly sometimes giving me just a few minutes sometimes giving me a half hour or so There is no blue screen of death no error message no quot windows did not shut down properly quot etc etc The screen simply goes black amp then the boot process starts up At first I thought it was heat but as of now I have the sides off amp even the power supply sitting outside of the case The room itself is not warm Then I thought perhaps it was caked on dust I got compressed air amp cleaned out the CPU heatsink amp all the vents amp fans case fans heatsink fan power supply fans Then I thought it might randomly no no reboots BSOD error Comp w/ message be the hard drive failing I would hear a click every now amp then when it was first loading up all the programs that start w Windows I have spare hard drives from my old computer amp I reformatted amp did a fresh install of Windows on both drives amp still have the rebooting problem Then I thought maybe Comp reboots randomly w/ no BSOD no error message it was the RAM I have gigs in the form of two gb sticks amp two mb sticks I ve tried it with just the two mb sticks I ve tried with the two gb sticks amp currently I m using one gb stick Still rebooting Then I was hoping it was the power supply I took it to my local computer shop to have it tested amp they say its fine Of course they advised that it could be failing under load I did notice burning smell that I never noticed before when I took the power supply out I googled but all I can find on that subject is brand new PSU s quot burning in quot My PSU is far from new though lol I ve disconnected most non essential components Disconnected devices DVD burner nd hard drive pro audio card Wireless adapter is still connected I don t have a video card or anything like that For kicks I ve tried to run the system w firewalls amp antivirus software disabled It doesn t matter if I m using the computer internet running programs etc or if I simply just leave it on It s going to reboot either way I boot it up go play xbox for awhile amp when I come back it s rebooted I can tell because I ll open a blank notepad I find it peculiar that it DOES NOT reboot if it s in safe mode What s the deal with that So what do you guys think The computer shop charges just to figure out what the problem is I hate to do that because if the total repair bill is going to be a couple hundred bucks or more I d probably rather just get a new computer I just now thought about this if it s the mobo or cpu I d have to have them install it amp I m sure they d charge me another Do you think I m over reacting Should I just take it in Thanks for your time Oh yeah I ve tried to set it so that Windows doesn t reboot if it has a failure but that doesn t seem to take

A:Comp reboots randomly w/ no BSOD no error message

Have a look in the Event Viewer for any errors at the time of the reboot.To open the Event Viewer go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Alternately, go to Start > Run and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.Check in all the categories.If you find an error that occurred at the time right-click on it and select properties. Copy the information in the window and post it back here. This will help us diagnose your problem.How To Use the Event Viewer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230833/comp-reboots-randomly-w-no-bsod-no-error-message/
Relevancy 59.34%

At wits end , my desktop pc is Windows Vista , 3 days ago updated some drivers now screen shows ‘updating 3 of 3 0% don’t turn off computer’ after 1 minute shuts down and restarts, never complete the download, I have tried the F8 last good config, still goes back to the update screen, loaded in safe mode nothing happens, in desperation put in the re installation operating system CD, that wouldn’t load up either, still starts up at that updating screen, checked the BIOS to ensure would boot from CD all correct but whatever I try just goes back to that same screen and keeps re-starting,cant get past that screen to do anything, all advice from Microsoft forum to find the fault hopeless because need to get into system to do the checks and repair, as this happened to anyone else and how can I get past it and into system, having to send this message on borrowed laptop

A:windows update freezes then reboots

If the settings in BIOS are correct, it should start your XP CD. Go check your BIOS settings again. If necessary, use Load BIOS Defaults.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-freezes-then-reboots.1099551/
Relevancy 58.48%

Out of nowhere, my Windows XP starts to get slower and slower after I connect to the Internet and then suddenly when I click some programs to open them, they no longer open, nothing works. If I don't connect to the Internet, everything works fine. When I connect, though, I also get a message from time to time saying NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM has to shut down my computer in 60 seconds. And then it shuts down.

I have used Spyware Doctor, Ewido, CleanUp and my anti-virus program and there's nothing left to cure, but this keeps happening. I connect to the internet and 5 minutes later everything gets slower and then stops responding and I have to reboot.

Please help!

A:Windows freezes or reboots when I connect to the Internet

I'd really appreciate some help... thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-freezes-or-reboots-when-i-connect-to-the-internet-101554.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Dear friendly experts My computer s been behaving strangely since a few days Here are the symptoms It started with random freezing - sec while in Windows Then it started rebooting by itself while in Windows again apparently ramdomly Now it s also freezing randomly before while after Windows is loading it can take as many as reboots before it finally gets to Windows and that doesn t mean it freezes/reboots Random before/while/after is loading Windows ll work for long I also noticed that at the very first screen on startup one or both of my CD DVD drives are not detected times Random freezes/reboots before/while/after Windows is loading out of most often it s the secondary master safe mode acts no differently Here s what I ve tried so far At first I tried a Windows repair successful after attempts but no improvement Then I tried to run memtest but it rebooted after a little more than an hour no error yet at test approx of pass and I couldn t get it to run again for longer than minutes Here are some details about the system AMD Athlon XP MHz MSI KT V MS- VIA VT Apollo KT x Mb PC DDR SDRAM ATI Radeon RV on AGP slot HDDs on IDE primary master amp slave CD-RW amp DVDRAM drives secondary master amp slave I know I know it s old but Random freezes/reboots before/while/after Windows is loading I don t need more than that In case it can help here are the temperatures according to Everest I have no idea what s good and what s bad when it comes to that motherboard F processor F HDD master F HDD slave F With such an unstable system I m really at a loss as to what I can do now Any suggestion will be most welcome Thanks in advance Sophie nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2. Within the past few weeks the system has started to freeze, crash and then reboot occassionally. Also, when it starts up, occassionally it does so with bad graphics. I used Advanced System Care (free) and it has been unable to correct the problem. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

A:Windows Vista freezes, reboots, bad graphics

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

2) Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415580/windows-vista-freezes-reboots-bad-graphics/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi everyone I just registered to the forums because I m having major problems with the New Build Screen Login Reboots Windows at Freezes, PC I built about a month ago First New Build Freezes, Reboots at Windows Login Screen the specs CPU - E w stock cooler Motherboard P B-E RAM - x GB Corsair XMS DDR TWIN X - Video Card - Sapphire x Pro MB PCI-E HD - x GB Seagate SATAII Power Supply - Antec TrueBlue Watt ATX V Here s my problem Every time I boot up the PC when it has been shut off for some time mins or more the PC will freeze and then reboot at the Windows login screen Usually after freezing rebooting the PC will come up and load fine Rather than write everything over you can view the entire problem here http forum pcmech com showthread php p post Basically I thought it would be a RAM problem and one stick of Ram did get errors in Memtest but I m only using the other stick that passed Memtest and the PC still freezes I thought it may be a driver software problem but I installed Vista on a separate partition last night without installing any drivers and it freezes when booting Vista So now I m to the point where I think it could be a power supply problem Any ideas as to how I can troubleshoot this problem nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

I start up my system.I can use my system though
After a few minutes of no entry my system gives the following error message:

"Axception Eaccessviolation in ntdll.at 00048B02 Acces in ntdll.at 7748B02 in ntdll wrote of address000000C"

I can't get rid of this message.

Anyone have any idea what causes this message?

greeings: william rotterdam,the netherlands.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-messages-before-eventually-start.899338/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello. My computer has been rebooting randomly. This happened shortly after I had followed some instructions to remove aurora/nail.exe. After successfully removing the spyware, the computer would reboot during the logon screen and also after logging in to a profile. Reading a similar thread, I had unchecked "Automatically restart..." and upon doing so I had recieved the blue screen which displayed the following technical information:

***STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x80560BBD, 0xF87B5984, 0x00000000)

The Computer's specifications are:

Intel Celeron 700 MHz
512 MB of RAM
Harddrive Maxtor 4D040H2
ATI Technologies, Inc. 3D RAGE PRO AGP 2X
Running Windows XP service pack 1
American Megatrends a6309ms v1.7 072500

I hope this will help identify my problem. If I have failed to mention any other information, please let me know. Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-system-reboots-at-random-stop-message-included.385682/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey guys I've been having problems with my PC with no freezes message error PC freezing for no apparent reason I don't get any error message no BSOD no minidump event logger has no errors except that Windows started after not shutting down properly I'm out of ideas here did memtest got all my OC settings to default even though I've been using them since and are stable What I noticed is when I use Google Music page https play google com music listen to play some music and leave my PC idle for mins the freeze has a much higher chance of occuring so I've been using that to PC freezes with no error message test turning off different programs with no luck It rarely happens when I'm using the computer never when playing games etc Best chance of occurring is when there are few programs running and PC is idle for some time which has me extremely puzzled Temperatures with Furmark running seem to be fine note these are measured when still overclocked so for stock are even lower My PSU is XFX W Any help is much appreciated Thanks

A:PC freezes with no error message

Have you tried running several passes of memtest86+? If not; i would download that to a flash drive and run several passes through that as sometimes it takes several run throughs for errors with your ram to show up. If that does not do anything post back and we can go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357004-pc-freezes-no-error-message.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Compaq laptop running bit Vista I have had the following problems Windows will freeze periodically I get a blue screen of death reboot that disappears before I can note the error message Windows problem solution says to upgrade windows to SP but Windows update will not run When I start firefox besides the normal homepage tab I also get a weird tab trying to open that has what looks like a lot of chinese letters and symbols Using more freezes, Many blue Firefox reboots, popups, chinese & Windows screen problems. Chrome it would not allow me to post a topic on this forum Please help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Paige at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Many problems. Windows freezes, blue screen reboots, Firefox chinese popups, & more GMT - AV Trend Micro Internet Security Pro Enabled Many problems. Windows freezes, blue screen reboots, Firefox chinese popups, & more Updated F AC- AA - D- C- E E SP Trend Micro Internet Security Pro Enabled Updated D - C A- -BE C-BB CF BF SP Many problems. Windows freezes, blue screen reboots, Firefox chinese popups, & more Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Trend Micro Personal Firewall Enabled A CD - D-A -A E- DEE EDB B Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exe C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Hp QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure TISProToolbar ProToolbarUpdate exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system svchost... Read more

A:Many problems. Windows freezes, blue screen reboots, Firefox chinese popups, & more

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note - if you get the following warning, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"Click on Cancel, then Accept.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368417/many-problems-windows-freezes-blue-screen-reboots-firefox-chinese-popups-more/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have an older Dell GX270 running XP Pro SP3.  Over the years, I upgraded the computer with 3.25 Gigs of Crucial RAM and a 500 gig hard drive.  My home network uses a DLink DIR615 router.  My problem started a few weeks ago.  When the computer has been unattended for several hours, I get this error message:

"Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \Device\HarddiskVolume\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt.  The data has been lost.  This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection.  Please try to save this file elsewhere"

At this point, the computer has become frozen and a manual shut down is required.  After rebooting, everything seems fine.  Several days later, it happens again.  It's happened 4 times over the last 2 weeks.  Does anyone know what might be going on and what I can do about it?

A:Error message, computer freezes

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562585/error-message-computer-freezes/
Relevancy 55.9%

Not sure if this is the correct section for this but I am having major computer problems error message Freezes no Computer For the past couple weeks my computer will randomly freeze This happens on the desktop while using a game or application even on boot up When the computer freezes it just stays on whatever screen it was on and Ctrl alt delete does nothing have to shut off power and then restart it Computer Freezes no error message I tried to do a system restore to a point older than when it started happening but this did not fix the problem One thing I have noticed is that usually if it is going to happen it will happen in the first five minutes If it does not happen in the first few minutes then I Computer Freezes no error message can potentially be on the computer for hours It SEEMS that running a proccessor intensive application like World of Warcraft for example will keep the computer from freezing Although even with a Computer Freezes no error message proccessor intensive application running it can sitll freeze in the first few minutes of booting up When this happens I basically end up having to shut off my computer and then restart it a few times before I get a quot useable session quot I have run spybot and AdAware in the attempt to remove any viruses Tried the system restore as previously mentioned and also did a defrag I don t know what else to do any advice is greatly appreciated Please let me know what information is needed and I will provide asap windows xp Asues Motherboard gig ram intel processor nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

My desktop randomly freezes and will not respond to keyboard or mouse inputs No blue screen or error code is generated when this happens Originally this occasionally happened shortly after resuming from standby However it has progressed to happen randomly anytime the computer is turned on including sometimes during startup If task manager is open no unusual CPU usage shows up No program needs to be running for this problem to occur Other than this problem everything on the computer works normally and I can sometimes use the computer for hours with no problems Freezes Error no BSOD or Randomly with XP Message Can someone please help me identify what is causing this problem I can't tell if it is a virus problem or if hardware is failing Any help I can get to identify the source would be greatly appreciated My computer is a Dell Dimension with a GHz Pentium processor Gb RAM running Windows XP Home SP with the latest updates Antivirus software is Avira Free Antivirus which has been XP Randomly Freezes with no Error Message or BSOD temporarily removed for troubleshooting I have run numerous software checks but have been unable to pinpoint a cause for this problem The list I've tried is below Avira Full Scan no problems XP Randomly Freezes with no Error Message or BSOD found DISK CHECK problems found and fixed Several months ago I did get a message during startup that the system had recovered from a serious error and had attempted to fix itself But no unusual results were noticed at the time System Restore to earlier date no change System Hibernate instead of Standby no change Disk Defragment no change Kaspersky Online Scan nothing unusual found Spybot Search amp Destroy no problems found other than a few cookies Spyware Blaster no problems found CTRL SCROLL SCROLL does not work when system is frozen System Shut-down instead of Standby no change Dell Support Center PC Checkup PC Doctor suite no problems found with RAM check CPU check or drive checks Reinstall of scanner driver no change Reinstall of Avira no change Uninstall of Avira no change Disconnect of all hardware except mouse amp keyboard no change Mouse swap out no change

A:XP Randomly Freezes with no Error Message or BSOD

Freezing is usually caused by overheating, or a failing Power Supply Unit.
Open up the side of the case and clean out dust and blow out fans with a can of compressed air. Look at the label for the PSU and report the Make, Model# and Wattage. Start the computer and make sure all fans are spinning
Run Windows in a clean boot.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools in my signature. Burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and run the short and long tests on the drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-randomly-freezes-with-no-error-message-or-bsod-672567.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I need help. For about a week now, my computer will send an error message right after I log on to MSN. When the error message comes on, it will sit on my task bar and not pop up. It just says error, it's not giving me a message. Also it freezes my computer. Sometimes I have to reboot my computer. I have WindowsXP. I have rebooted in safe mode. It still does it. I really would appreciate your help. Thanks!

Relevancy 55.04%
Relevancy 55.04%

No error message in the event log, but the computer freezes. This is a hardware problem or software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-error-message-in-the-event-log-but-the-computer-freezes.970939/
Relevancy 55.04%

No error message in the event log, but the computer freezes with blank light blue screen after the greeting Windows 7. This is a hardware problem or software?

A:No error message in the event log, but the computer freezes

Hardware, most likely. Update your Graphics Drivers first and report back:

Welcome to NVIDIA - World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/133651-no-error-message-event-log-but-computer-freezes.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there For the past few months my computer has been slow and IE has frozen alot Then just a few days ago IE comes up with the quot Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close error BleepingComputer message, won't XP freezes, IE open.... quot error I thought it was a one-off but now after minutes on the internet XP freezes, IE error message, BleepingComputer won't open.... this message comes up and I have to close the window Also certain sites will not load including BleepingComputer I'm using another computer to access the forums I know there is some type of virus or spyware on the computer but I've done scans with different programs Ad-Aware Super AntiSpyware Avast Antivirus but usually nothing comes up and if it does then it's still acting strangely Begin Search is coming up in the HijackThis log but not in any scans that I've done Also the Windows Firewall is disabled and the option to turn it on in greyed out Arggg Please help Thank you so much Also if you notice that I have two antivirus programs I know that that's not reccomended My McAfee subcription expired a while ago so it doesn't actually do anything and I just installed Avast yesterday Should I uninstall McAfee Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeF Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeF Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exeC PROGRA NETASS SMARTB MotiveSB exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeF PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeF Program Files Alwil Software Avast setup avast setupC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exec PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS wanmpsvc exeC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeF Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeF Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files HijackThis Gwen exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http www begin search com sidesearch htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www begin search com sidesearch htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www begin search com sidesearch htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www utoronto ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www begin search com sidesearch htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by SympaticoR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride http localhostO - BHO no name - AB F -D D- FFC- E A- DCFEB C B - C WINDOWS system rqRHbCtT dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exeO - ... Read more

A:XP freezes, IE error message, BleepingComputer won't open....

Hi gossipgirl,Welcome to BC HijackThis forum. I am farbar. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might prolong handling your log and make the job for both of us more difficult.Please remove McAfee. To remove McAfee AntiVirus I recommend you to use McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (MCPR.exe).

For download and instruction to use McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool click on majorgeeks.com

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from MajorGeeksDouble Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy&Paste the MBAM log.Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.

Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Set the list of files/folders created to 3 Months and click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized).

Note 1: If you have difficulty finding the logs, the logs are in this folder: C:\rsit

Note 2: The tool takes not more than one minute to scan the system.You might want to save this page on your favorites, so you can find it again when you return.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219604/xp-freezes-ie-error-message-bleepingcomputer-wont-open/
Relevancy 55.04%

nbsp jusched error registry key JPG nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads While cleaning this desktop PC XP SP I used add remove programs to uninstall all Java entries A program with no space usage message, "jusched registry error key" freezes information was on the list that I ve tried to uninstall several times but it freezes the add remove programs page The error message that appears is quot jusched error registry key quot and it opens the Oracle website Attached is the print screen of the event I was able to move out of there and restart the PC normally Now if I can upload the pic to this page - sorry it won t cut paste but I m sorry it looks too small to read It says quot Warning can t delete value registry key Software Microsoft Windows NT quot I am comfortable with filenames and have looked at the registry but not comfortable deleting an entry even if it looks wrong to me I am running XP on this machine not sure what Windows NT is I am trying to make sure this PC is clean so I can logon safely to a site Thank you

A:"jusched error registry key" message, freezes

Create a restore point.
Lets get rid of all traces of java from your machine.
Download and install the Windows installer clean up utility.
http://download1us.softpedia.com/dl...fed59/100018442/software/security/msicuu2.exe

Then open the file.
Hit the start button.
Left click my computer
Double click the C: drive.
Program files.
Windows installer clean up.

Select the Msicuu app.

Remove any thing related to java.

Reboot your machine.

Download the program below run it hit the scan button allow it to complete then hit the delete button then reboot the machine and test the issue.
http://www.sur-la-toile.com/RogueKiller/RogueKiller.exe

After completing the above task then Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.
http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe
Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe to run it.If TFC doesnt prompt a reboot then please do so manually
Please download JavaRa
http://raproducts.org/click/click.php?id=1
to your desktop and unzip it to its own
folder
Run JavaRa.exe (double-click for XP/right-click and Run as Administrator for Vista), pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then
click Remove Older Versions.
Accept any prompts.
Please Get the latest copy of Java from the link below.
http://java.com/en/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482815/jusched-error-registry-key-message-freezes/
Relevancy 55.04%

No error message in the event log, but the computer freezes. This is a hardware problem or software?

A:No error message in the event log, but the computer freezes

Could be both. What was installed/changed between the time the computer was working and now? If nothing changed, you could be looking at a hardware issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369606/no-error-message-in-the-event-log-but-the-computer-freezes/
Relevancy 55.04%

When I log into the IE it freezes on the first click-on, and then goes back to the desk top. I am able to use Google Chrome to get around o.k., but I don't have the normal "file", "view" "tools". etc.

A:Re: XP Randomly Freezes with no Error Message or BSOD

Not sure if this route will work in XP but from Start type temp then click on Change temporary Internet file settings - this will give you the same window as you would get via Tools etc. then under the Advanced tab click on Reset and you can select how much you want it to reset by.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-internet-exployer-will-not-stay-up-685433.html
Relevancy 55.04%

This might be a waste of everyone s time sorry in advance if so but I m having serious problems with this PC and I m not sure why When I m in Windows everything just freezes virtually every time I switch the computer on within minutes usually No blue screen no error messages nothing Pressing control alt del has no effect the only escape is to turn the power off or reset I don t know what s wrong other than a possible hidden infection or maybe a hardware problem I don t see any installed programs causing the problem I Computer error message any warning without or freezes have run Malwarebytes and Housecall which both found nothing wrong DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by FT at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV Computer freezes without warning or any error message COMODO Antivirus Enabled Updated BB - - - D F- EB AC SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP COMODO Defense Enabled Updated FEEA D - E- DD- EF- F D FW COMODO Firewall Enabled DB - B- B- -BD C DBB Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcsacore exe C Program Files McAfee AppStats MfeASUM exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Windows system msiexec exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Security Scan kss exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Security Scan kss exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - F - D - - D F - C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe uRun KSS quot C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Security Scan kss exe quot autorun mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktop dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehavio... Read more

A:Computer freezes without warning or any error message

Hello red0209,Welcome to the forum.I do not recommend that you have more than one anti virus product installed and running on your computer at a time. The reason for this is that if both products have their automatic (Real-Time) protection switched on, then those products which do not encrypt the virus strings within them can cause other anti virus products to cause "false alarms". It can also lead to a clash as both products fight for access to files which are opened again this is the resident/automatic protection. In general terms, the two programs may conflict and cause:
1) False Alarms: When the anti virus software tells you that your PC has a virus when it actually doesn't.
2) System Performance Problems: Your system may lock up due to both products attempting to access the same file at the same time.
Therefore please go to add/remove in the control panel and remove either AVG or COMODO Internet Security. Note that Comodo is more than just a firewall and it has also an antivirus.
Also please uninstall Kaspersky Security Scan as it is running.
Please uninstall Spybot S&D too. The program is not as effective as it was once and it might interfere with our fixes.
Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Check all the boxes.Press "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.Please download MiniToolBox and save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark following checkboxes:
List Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList installed programs.List Devices (only check the box and let the default radio button as it is).Click Go and post the result (Result.txt) that pops up. A copy of result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478261/computer-freezes-without-warning-or-any-error-message/
Relevancy 55.04%

My Windows XP laptop boots up to the point of the desktop appearing and the icons being drawn There are two Message Defender Error Computer Freezes account names but whichever one is used gets the same result Just after the desktop icons Defender Error Message Freezes Computer appear there is the following message quot Windows Defender Application failed to initialize x ba A problem caused Windows Defender service to stop To start the service restart your computer or search Help and Support on how to start a service manually quot At this point the interface freezes The mouse cursor still moves but nothing responds to a click Clicking quot OK quot on the Defender message or trying to X it out does nothing Nothing else including the Start menu for example responds either This condition has existed for about two weeks The laptop will boot up into Safe mode and into Safe Mode with Networking However the strategies I have attempted in this mode have not solved the problem First I used msconfig to go to the Services tab to see if Windows Defender could be unchecked there But it does not list Windows Defender Second I tried to remove Windows Defender with Add Remove programs in the Control Panel This results in this message quot Add or Remove Programs The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed This can occur if you are running Windows in Safe Mode or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed Contact your support personnel for assistance quot Not that it would probably help but the Change option results in the same message Finally I downloaded the latest regular non x version of Windows Defender in an attempt to replace the current Windows Defender The download works I try to open the downloaded Defender I click quot OK quot at the quot Open Executable File quot warning Then the following warning comes up quot Windows Installer The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation quot The only choice of course is OK The process is stuck at this point and there s no way to open the download of the new version of Defender By the way this is a personal laptop which I set up myself Other than putting in account names for my wife and myself I did not quot set policies quot or do anything like that of which I am aware which would result in this problem The only option I can think of now is to take off needed data files from the laptop and reinstall the OS after reformatting the hard drive However I have never done this type of install with Windows myself and am unsure if it would be in my capabilities to do so I guess another option would be restore but I m not sure if that s better or worse than reformatting the disk reinstalling the OS Any ideas on how I can work with the present software configuration and get the laptop working again would be most appreciated TIA Frozen in October nbsp

A:Defender Error Message Freezes Computer

See here for info and solutions
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931849

I think Step 3 is what you need to do in your case

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/defender-error-message-freezes-computer.759817/
Relevancy 54.61%

Ok where to start not sure whether I have drive issues or malware virus as well Windows Vista System and chkdsk error frozen message freezes, business on Toshiba Satellite Pro I run System freezes, frozen chkdsk and error message AVG free daily have done a cc cleaner and run System freezes, frozen chkdsk and error message spybot sd Also ran a disk defrag memory diagnostics tool When I run chkdsk it stalls at step of at percent even if left to run overnight I have received an error message and a black screen twice while trying to do a control alt del quot logon process has failed to create the security options quot Failure security options I also ran Ariolic System freezes, frozen chkdsk and error message Disk Scanner result quot No read errors have been detected quot Note the computer had a recent fall from a chair to the floor most recent installs were a skype update and a gmail watcher extension for firefox I have not done a system restore Here are the logs and thanks in advance for any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files ltmoh ltmoh exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files PC Tools Security BDT FGuard exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion USB Drivers RIMBBLaunchAgent exe C Program Files Samsung Kies KiesTrayAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXE C Program Files Canon Solution Menu EX CNSEMAIN EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Samsung Kies Kies exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Samsung Kies External FirmwareUpdate KiesPDLR exe C Program Files Toshiba SmartFaceV SmartFaceVWatcher exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkUI exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Windows System notepad exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Users Craig Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ask com o amp l dis R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www shoptoshiba ca welcome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www shoptoshiba ca welcome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook DVDVideoSoftTB Toolbar - b b - db - -bdd -ac e f - C Program Files DVDVideoSoftTB tbDVDV dll R - URLSearchHook PC Tools Browser Guard - EA- A- b-ADF - D E CC - C Program Files PC Tools Security BDT PCTBrowserDefender dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelper... Read more

Relevancy 54.61%

I have a laptop that worked fine for years then it started freezing randomly The computer completely locks up The screen freezes the mouse doesn't move and the keyboard does nothing no error completely BSoD no message, freezes, Laptop No BSoD no error Laptop completely freezes, no error message, no BSoD message I am forced to reboot using the power button The time it takes from booting to freeze is quite random sometimes after a minute sometimes after over an hour The laptop is an Acer Aspire G Important clues Full-screen operations are much more likely to cause a freeze Youtube Media Player Classic Games etc Removing the battery substantially increases the time it takes before it freezes from - minutes to - minutes It will eventually freeze even if the computer is completely idle No changes in hardware or software was done before the first freeze to my knowledge The event log does not have any records indicating an error or failure Things I have tried Formatting HDD and reinstalling Windows Updating all possible drives Trying older drives for the GPU Running virus programs malwarebytes and ad-aware Running memtest no errors Running furmark over an hour windowed one minute full-screen Additional information There is virtually no dust in the computer HWMonitor and furmark shows normal temperatures idle and load

A:Laptop completely freezes, no error message, no BSoD

from my knowledge; it sounds to me either its a hardware issue with your system board possibly; or possibly a issue with something such as RAM. If you can get access to windows; i would download; install to a usb flash drive or other external drive a program called memtest86+; and run it from where you downloaded it to and run several passes with it to test your ram for possible bad ram because while your ram may be good for awhile; it is possible for ram to go bad after awhile. Here is the link to the memtest program:

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

however; if you cant access windows at all or even get it to start to load windows; I would take all your sticks of ram out; then one at a time test your system by putting each stick back in one at a time and see if you can get it to reproduce the freezing, etc. try this out and see what happens. post back if issues are still present.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/360949-laptop-completely-freezes-no-error-message-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 54.61%

First off my Random error BSOD or no message freezes/crashes with crashes are very random and I can sometimes go a month or between crashes but the crashes usually occur while refreshing or opening a page while browsing my PC will freeze with Random freezes/crashes with no BSOD or error message my keyboard amp mouse becoming unresponsive a humming buzzing sound also comes from my speakers the buzzing stops after about - seconds but my PC remains unresponsive with no BSOD or error message leaving me with no option but to force restart my PC I have checked my event viewer and can't find any errors besides the error that the computer did not shutdown correctly caused by me force restarting After looking around the forums this seems to be an issue that pops up on here every once and a while but it seems that the solution varies from PC to PC so I don't really know where to start and with my crashes being as random as they are it is very hard for me to see if something has fixed the issue or not Im hoping that someone can possibly shed a little light on my problem and maybe give me some tests I could run that could pick up what the problem may be thanks in advance prizna

A:Random freezes/crashes with no BSOD or error message

Work through the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 reporting back results as you go as there may be other steps indicated.

Let us see a screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image.

Are there any devices in error (with a !) in Device manager?

Enable Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3) then Check for Updates, install all Important and Optional Updates except Bing. After requested restart check again until no more are offered.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/349090-random-freezes-crashes-no-bsod-error-message.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I ve ran several virus scans adware and spyware scans to no avail - trying to find out what is the problem with my computer Dell Sporadic Message Error at Start-Up System Freezes Help!! - Please Dimension XPS Windows XP using a Motorola Cable Modem I will Sporadic Error Message at Start-Up - Freezes System Please Help!! go one day without any problems and then the following day it s back again as follows When I turn the computer on it loads my Mcafee Security with no problem Then I get an error message NT Authority System C Windows system services exe has been terminated status code Also my McAfee then turns off and when I m able to get the McAfree Security Center to load before the system shuts down - it shows that the update portion has been disabled I ve tried to stop the countdown with running quot shutdown -a quot which stops the countdown but then freezes everything and I have to then hardboot the computer to get it restarted When I reboot it sometimes goes through the error message shutdown sequence a second time but sometimes it runs normally This is the file from Hijack This Any help would be MUCH appreciated Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Client sunasDTServ exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Client sunasServ exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox jre bin javaw exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS System gearsec exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS System WISPTIS EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME CARRID LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO PCTool... Read more

A:Sporadic Error Message at Start-Up - Freezes System Please Help!!

Hiya and welcome

It sounds a bit like Sasser, so see if running this tool helps:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/averttools.asp#stinger

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sporadic-error-message-at-start-up-freezes-system-please-help.337567/
Relevancy 54.61%

Seems like everytime I am watching a YouTube video, the computer would freeze to where I can't move my mouse or anything.

Only way I can get back on track again is doing a hard reset. My computer has NO lag issues, restarts in 10.5 seconds flat each time and boots back up fully in about 20 seconds or less.

Using Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Samsung 480GB Enterprise SSD
16GB Kingston RAM
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH 990FX Rev. 101 Motherboard
My Full system spec can be found on my profile.

Anyone know what could be causing the FREEZE when watching Flash Content? There is no error messages in the event viewer after my computer boots back up.

I downloaded and installed the Hotfix from MS that supposed to fix the freezing up due to the SP1 update, but still didn't help.

Thanks...

**Just noticed I posted this in the hardware section and really should be software...

A:Computer Freezes with NO error message in Event Viewer.

Hello,
I'm not too familiar with Nvidia cards, but I can say that my FX990 board has had issues with my Vcard. My own fixes might not apply to yours, but I bet it has something to do with the change in Power_States, where the PCIE voltages and the Vcard voltage needs are causing the card to freeze up. I just posted a reply which may be helpful:
Computer randomly freeze/hungs up at radom intervals - Forces Reset
Look into "forcing constant voltages" with Afterburner, GPU Tweak, etc.
Regards-

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364729-computer-freezes-no-error-message-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Please help!! Our computer freezes on us about every five minutes. It flashes a black screen then goes to the blue screen with windows error message OE:0177:BFF8E64B. Other times the screen just locks up but we can still move the mouse but when we do it makes a buzzing sound. I recently updated our virus scan but it didn't find anything. Can anyone help me? Thank You!

A:[Resolved] Comp. freezes, goes to black screen then error message

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-comp-freezes-goes-to-black-screen-then-error-message.211491/
Relevancy 53.75%

I m having an extremely weird vista startup error I just built my computer about a month ago and installed Vista Ultimate -bit SP- It took me about tries but I finally got vista installed I updated the drivers for the graphics card and sound card installed Norton Internet Security and Supreme Commander FA and it started doing this weird restarting stuff Once booted up my computer runs fine It runs Supcom Crashes, Works 64-bit Reboots, Startup Vista Error: Reboots, FA perfectly at all max settings with no slowdown and has never crashed once This makes me think it is not a hardware issue Here s where the problems start Every time I turn on my computer the graphics card cycles the fan high then low high then low eight times before it boots It didn t do that before I want to fix that because it takes a long time and the noise is annoying Once it boots up Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works I get the quot Windows Error Recovery quot screen and if I select quot start normally quot it starts to boot green loading bar then gives me a bluescreen for second too fast to read or get a pic of then reboots I get the quot Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works Windows Error Recovery quot screen again and select quot use previous settings quot and it will sometimes start normally other times I have to repeat this process Every time I start normally it crashes and reboots Once it s booted it works fine I tried booting off the install DVD and running quot Repair My Computer quot First I said no to using system restore It said there was a patch error and that it could not be fixed automatically When I used System Restore I think it deleted Norton but it started up fine Next restart however it was back to restarting Also any time the computer enters sleep mode the graphics fan goes crazy and it snaps out of sleep Any help I have all the manuals and CDs DVDs that came with the hardware as well as the Vista install disk Re-Installing Vista is definitely an option as i haven t really been able to install anything important or create any important files Here are the specs OS Windows Vista Ultimate x SP- Motherboard ASUS P N-D nforce i CPU Q stock RAM G DDR - OCZ Reaper Graphics PNY XLR GTX Sound HT OMEGA CLARO Plus Hard Drives x Western Digital Caviar GB in Raid Disk Drives x SATA x DVD Burner CPU Cooler Zalman mm CNPS Case NZXT Apollo Mid Tower Monitor LG W T-TF quot Widescreen A V Soft Norton Internet Security nbsp

A:Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works

Bump.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-64-bit-startup-error-reboots-crashes-reboots-works.764507/
Relevancy 53.32%

Since nearly half a year ago I ve noticed a dramatic decrease in speed on my laptop Additionally any type of scan defragments or windows updates would either freeze the computer or run EXTREMELY slow ex I ve left the scan on overnight and it barely inched to I don t have a Windows system CD so I ve tried the option of rebooting it to system settings It manager. scanning visible anything. Viruses freezes upon in Laptop task helped enough to the point where it was bearable The start up was still a bit slow as I had to leave it alone for a good minutes before everything runs smoothly Laptop freezes upon scanning anything. Viruses visible in task manager. However every other day it would decide to act up and get stuck Recently I found a virus as I went through Processes in the task manager I noticed it would generate random applications wmpcns vmptlsa etc I also noticed there is an unusual CPU usage of under certain applications and would quot hop quot around as I ended the process First it would be on Daemon tools then I would end the process and it would hop onto Spotify then Skype Google Chrome-- and well you get the idea Overheating is also an issue and I feel that is connected to the virus Tried running GMER but the check boxes are greyed out http i tinypic com dvr fb png

A:Laptop freezes upon scanning anything. Viruses visible in task manager.

Hi benyu332, to Bleeping Computer.My name is Jason and I'll be helping you with your computer problems. You can call me by my screename jntkwx or Jason is fine.Some things to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please do not attach logs or put logs in code boxes (unless explicitly asked to)Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can also help.Do not run anything while running a fix.If you don't understand a step, please ask for clarification before continuing with any future steps.Click on the Watch Topic button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.  OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Change File Age to 180 DaysCheck off:
Use Company-Name WhitelistSkip Microsoft FilesUse No-Company-Name WhitelistPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimized Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:

Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.In your next reply, please include:OTL logsFSS log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457061/laptop-freezes-upon-scanning-anything-viruses-visible-in-task-manager/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I've been trying to fix this BSOD problem forever. I'll run a memtest after this post.

I ran the program in the post stickied in this board and I've attached it with the performance monitor html as well.

as for the questions

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x86 (32bit)
- the original installed OS on the system? It's a custom built machine the original windows i installed on it was windows xp but this is a fresh install after a full reformatting of my hard drive.
- an OEM or full retail version? Retail version
- What is the age of system (hardware)? The ram is about 4 years old. the CPU, motherboard, and videocard are about a year old. The hard drive is probably about 2 years old.
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) Should be less than a year. no i have not reinstalled the os

A:BSOD on startup and eventually in windows

Ok iIran memtest86 for 2 hours and it came back clean. There were no errors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/121118-bsod-startup-eventually-windows.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all,

After i updated my computer to windows 10 the machine got slower real fast. After for example we are browsing the net or doing a scan with malwarebytes the machine freezes up. The only way to get out is an hard power down of the machine.

Now recently I tried to scan the computer with soma mallwarescanners but after a while it also showed me the blue screen so now I really would like some help to get the computer going again.

Thanks in advance,
Kasper

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/65907-freezup-eventually-bsod-windows.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys,
Since last 4-5 days my pc Reboots suddenly and do not give error each time .
It just gave me this error once (windows error report)
BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : A99468C1 BCP3 : A9274AC4
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1
C:\DOCUME~1\abc\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER03b6.dir00\Mini072110-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\abc\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER03b6.dir00\sysdata.xml

And these are my hijackthis reports :
(After this report I have deleted all scheduled tasks .)
http://cid-701434b8691700f1.office.l...tartuplist.txt
http://cid-701434b8691700f1.office.l...hijackthis.txt
http://cid-701434b8691700f1.office.l...rocesslist.txt

My system info:
http://cid-701434b8691700f1.office.l...lic/system.jpg

Page file use is ~730MB .

Guys help me out .

A:[SOLVED] Windows XP Reboots without any error

I believe you have a virus. Though I do not know if this is what is causing your restarts.
You should read this
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

and post a new thread in the virus/malware forum here
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-reboots-without-any-error-499449.html
Relevancy 51.17%

thats pretty much what my computer does. im tryin to boot from cd with the windows 7 cd but that isnt working. i tried clearing the CMOS but that doesnt help

A:Posts, reboots then goes to Windows Error Recovery

Sounds like you're booting the HDD and not the disk..

Are you trying to repair or reinstall? If reinstall you need a DVD, not CD.

Tap the key given on first screen for BIOs Boot Menu, then select DVD/CD drive to boot. Do you receive a prompt to "Press any key to boot disk?"

If not the disk may be bad. Where did you get Win7? If you burned the DVD yourself, burn another using ImgBurn at 4x speed. If flash, use tool in Step 2 of Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267088-posts-reboots-then-goes-windows-error-recovery.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My PC will randomly restart every once in a while and I get this error when I start windows I originally formatted to try and fix the problem but it persisted probably because I have two hard drives and it carried over into the other one Those though I can t afford to back up Reboots, windows Error Spontaneously loads... when PC all of my stuff I scanned PC Spontaneously Reboots, Error when windows loads... with AVG Anti-Spyware and it found this yesterday C System Volume Information restore DB ED A - - -B B- F A RP A dll - gt Adware Aws Cleaned C System Volume Information restore DB ED A - - -B B- F A RP A exe - gt Backdoor Rbot bis Cleaned C System Volume Information restore DB ED A - - -B B- F A RP PC Spontaneously Reboots, Error when windows loads... A exe - gt Trojan Lineage aeh PC Spontaneously Reboots, Error when windows loads... Cleaned Click to expand And this today C WINDOWS system VrX exe - gt Backdoor Rbot bis No action taken Click to expand I thought I had cleaned it but when I looked at the logs I guess I didn t so I went in and deleted said file but the problems still persist HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system savedump exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS system WgaTray exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVD exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Andy Desktop Standalone Programs Hijack This HijackThis exe O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run DeadAIM rundll exe quot C PROGRA AIM DeadAIM ocm quot ExportedCheckODLs O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run AnyDVD C Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVD exe O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - Extra context menu item Copy to Semagic - C Program Files Semagic copy htm O - Extra context menu item Semagic - C Program Files Semagic link htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button AIM - AC E... Read more

A:PC Spontaneously Reboots, Error when windows loads...

not bumping, just couldn't figure out how to edit my post...

anyway, i cleared my system restore folders and i'm no longer getting the error when i start windows. if someone could take a look at this log and tell me if i am clean now or not. thanks.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:38:21 PM, on 10/28/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WgaTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.908.5008\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Andy\Desktop\Standalone Programs\Hijack This\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DeadAIM] rundll32.exe "C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\\DeadAIM.ocm",ExportedCheckODLs
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.908.5008\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AnyDVD] C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O8 - Extra context menu item: Copy to Semagic - C:\Program Files\Semagic\copy.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Semagic - C:\Program Files\Semagic\link.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1161851557000
O17... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-spontaneously-reboots-error-when-windows-loads.513231/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm having this annoying problem with windows live messenger. it launches ok, and I can use it in the usual way, but if a message window pops up, either by my actions or those of friends on my list, the whole program freezes leaving it unusable.

any help would be appreciated.

WLM Ver: 2011 (build 15.4.3508.1109)

A:windows live messenger freezes when message windows pop up

so there is no one at all on these forums who can help me????

I'm rather disappointed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/130574-windows-live-messenger-freezes-when-message-windows-pop-up.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi folks I hope someone can help me not message genuine plus Error Windows 0x8000247 message with this problem I'm getting the 'Windows not genuine' message box show regularly When I follow the link to investigate I get the Windows Activation Technologies box Windows not genuine message plus Error message 0x8000247 come up saying that the Update Installation Failed with Error Code x A Windows not genuine message plus Error message 0x8000247 while ago I replaced a failing hard drive with a new one cloned the hard drive and used that image to replace everything After a while I started to get the not genuine message Here is the diagnostic report and I would welcome any help Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code x FE Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -TBM X-GXTGC-GT X Windows Product Key Hash JCkgn yX uIXVvNpetump h B c Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Retail Windows OS version ID FFF A- C - B - -BAD A C FF Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX Registered Signed By Microsoft Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version OGAExec exe Signed By Microsoft OGAAddin dll Signed By Microsoft OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Professional Plus - Genuine OGA Version Registered Signed By Microsoft Office Diagnostics B D AA B- - B D AA B- - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system sppobjs dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppwinob dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppuinotify dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slui exe Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcomapi dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcommdlg dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppsvc exe Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spsys sys Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system user dll Hr x b Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt FFF A- C - B - -BAD A C FF lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -GT X lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt MEDIONPC lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt MS- lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Phoenix Technologies LTD lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt PG lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt A E F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt MEDION lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt MEDIONAG lt ... Read more

A:Windows not genuine message plus Error message 0x8000247

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Rapid Storage Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=21730

(you want the iata_enu.exe download)

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/269242-windows-not-genuine-message-plus-error-message-0x8000247.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Edit Taking out the RAM fixed all problems so I think I might take that back for replacement or refund I recently installed another stick of RAM to my machine I made sure it was the right type and all and everything ran smoothly for awhile It recognized the RAM and showed in the system properties that it had the right amounts However today I installed a GeForce FX PCI and have had nothing but problems since If I am not BSOD s or Freezes then the system is restarting by itself It seems to do this quite regularly with certain programs mainly with any Game Games will start but will cause reboot when entering a D environment IE menus work and such Firefox and quite a few other programs When I look in the Device Manager it shows my old integrated Intel Graphics card and the Freezes Self and Reboots new card in there even though I removed the Intel from the Device Manager before I installed the new card When trying to remove Self Reboots and Freezes it from the list now it freezes up There isn t much else information I can give Please if you can help me I would much appreciate it Thank you Cory EDIT I took the new RAM out and got some games to work haven t tried them all though So I m thinking that might be the culprit nbsp

A:Self Reboots and Freezes

try disableing the onboard gfx rather than removing it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/self-reboots-and-freezes.257478/
Relevancy 50.74%

Running xp pro on a pentium 3.2 ghz asus P5AD2.
This is the error i recieve after it reboots automatically,

BCCode : b8 BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\unclerex\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4b31.dir00\Mini092107-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\unclerex\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4b31.dir00\sysdata.xml

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-freezes-and-reboots-by-itself-183007.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Visual Studio has a new feature the Diagnostic Event Viewer I can write Net code using the EventSource class messages Diagnostic that visible Visual in Event Studio ETW Can Message Microsoft Viewer? are view Analyzer and it emits diagnostic traces easily This is described in nbsp Monitor and diagnose services in a local machine development setup I heard that Microsoft Message Analyzer can also analyze ETW events But I cannot figure out Can Microsoft Message Analyzer view ETW messages that are visible in Visual Studio Diagnostic Event Viewer? how to configure it to view the same custom application info that is so easily shown in the Visual Studio Event viewer Does anyone know how to Can Microsoft Message Analyzer view ETW messages that are visible in Visual Studio Diagnostic Event Viewer? setup Can Microsoft Message Analyzer view ETW messages that are visible in Visual Studio Diagnostic Event Viewer? a scenario in MMA so that I can view events like the VS Event Viewer does I tried experimenting with several different providers available in MMA but some of them spew info so fast that they paralyze the UI in MMA and I am unable to turn them off without killing the program So trial and error are not working well If you can point me to relevant reference info I'm happy to learn more about this nbsp Best Regards David K Allen lt a href quot http codecontracts info quot gt http codecontracts info lt a gt Minneapolis Minnesota USA

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7f4c5ebc-a9ad-4088-98c8-14c912b5f8a9/can-microsoft-message-analyzer-view-etw-messages-that-are-visible-in-visual-studio-diagnostic-event?forum=messageanalyzer
Relevancy 50.31%

After reading a few threads i am very impressed with the attitude and help from working search windows caused and stop wouldnt eventually IE to load trojans all of the people on this site hopefully you can clear up my issue also - Last week my computer got two serious trojans bit defender picked them up as Trojan horse Generic ATPH and Trojan horse Generic BQVV Internet explorer started running strangly google etc search results took me to blank pages but my favourite sites loaded ok then bit defender wouldnt open so i d l AVG - this detected the threat but couldnt remove it then i could no-longer d l anything from the internet All of my system restore points had vanished after talking to the IT guys at work they suggested i try starting in safe mode however this just froze the system So frustrated i did a full destructive system restore from the discs i burned when i first set up the PC after this vista started fine i installed all of trojans caused IE search to stop working and eventually windows wouldnt load the windows updates and IE was running fine however when i tried to view photos from the second hard drive on the PC AVG and windows defender went mental worried I formatted this secondary hard drive and yet again did a full system restore from disc Now AVG isnt picking anything up IE is running sound but the computer seems a bit slow and images on websites do not seem as clear as they used to be i've tried updating the drivers for the intergrated graphics card radeon X but this seems to make no difference My windows experience index seems to be lower than before all the fields are - except graphics and gaming graphics which are and respectivly i think this is a lot lower than before i think this is where my problem lies is it that my graphics card has been damaged by the virus Details- Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack Manu - Advent Processor - AMD Phenom tm Quad Core Processor Ghz Memory ram - GB System type - bit O S Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Heres my HJT log - while running the scan a pop up said that it couldnt access the 'hosts' file is this a problem Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Spare Messaging MessagingApp exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www thetechguys com welcome R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter ... Read more

A:trojans caused IE search to stop working and eventually windows wouldnt load

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

We no longer use HijackThis as our initial analysis tool.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/trojans-caused-ie-search-to-stop-working-and-eventually-windows-wouldnt-load-396720.html
Relevancy 50.31%

HDD 1 tb Seagate hardisk not working,is not visible in the laptop, can b seen in device manager for 1min then gets disconnected automatically and the light on the hard disk starts blinking

A:HDD hardisk not working,not visible in the laptop,visible in device manager for 1min then disconnect

If the system worked before with this drive, I would say the drive is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-hardisk-not-working-not-visible-in-the-laptop-visible-in-device-manager-for-1min-then-disconnect.198749/
Relevancy 49.88%

Im getting random freezes and reboots while in windows on my desktop and even while windows is starting up. I had the same problem while trying to get windows installed and when I finally got windows installed successfully I thought the problems would go away but apparently not. As always, any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:random freezes and reboots.

Quote: Originally Posted by llannert

Im getting random freezes and reboots while in windows on my desktop and even while windows is starting up. I had the same problem while trying to get windows installed and when I finally got windows installed successfully I thought the problems would go away but apparently not. As always, any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Event viewer (local) and look for errors listed in the last day, week, etc. Then go to the windows log>application tab. Finally the windows Logs>system tabs.

You want to look for all errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197637-random-freezes-reboots.html
Relevancy 49.88%

okay after turning computer on and a few minutes go by i hear a loud clicking sound then computer will freeze and then shut down and reboot its self over and over and wont read the ide hard drive then get a system32 error i tried everything i know so far so if you have any suggestion i would appreciate it very much

A:computer freezes and reboots

what are the specifications of the system??? is it overheating?? Which Windows are you running???

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-and-reboots.22251/
Relevancy 49.88%

I having problems with the PC rebooting and sometimes freezing when I use video encoding applicatoins, CPU or memory intensive application and play games.

I also went into Control panel - system - startup & recovery settings and unchecked "automatically restart", the PC still reboots after that.
When I looked in Event Log, I found the following error messages

source: service control manager
The IMAPI CD-Burning COM service entered the stopped state

source: service control manager
The computer browser service entered the stopped state

Source: DCOM
unable to start and DCOM server
the system cannot find the file specified
happened while starting this command
"C\WINDOWS\system32\LVComsX.exe"-embedding

Has anyone been having similar problems, does anyone know what they mean?

Can some please tell me how can I fix this rebooting and freezing problem.

A:Computer reboots and sometimes freezes

My first knee jerk reaction is that you are having an overheating problem causing the computer to freeze or reboot. Open up the case and make sure you have good flow, no failing fans, etc...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-reboots-and-sometimes-freezes.18240/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a GIGABYTE GA- FXA-UD mother board with a phenom II x with GB PNY sticks of DDR ram all of which I just got from someone Also a NVIDIA GeForce connected to it at the moment for the graphics card and a watt power supply Two hard drives are connected to it TB and a GB I use just to run windows off of I have windows Ultimate edition installed The power supply graphics card and hard drives come from a computer that worked perfectly and so did the cables FYI so I doubt any of those are the issues Upon installing windows and Computer Freezes Reboots it froze and rebooted multiple times until during the instillation phase and first time set up boot When I finally got it to install I constantly got the same problem where the computer would restart or freeze when I was doing something Some times it would freeze reboot when I opened a program other times when I closed a program sometimes when I just moved the mouse It also restarts or freezes at boot sometimes when it gets to the window logo or Gigabyte splash screen I have tried Switching the power supply Memtest Installing windows on another hard drive It froze Computer Freezes and Reboots during install also disconnecting everything and plugging it back in multiple times Toying with the bios settings Updating the bios Updating drivers Booting it with either of the GB sticks alone I have not tried installing windows yet I intend to tommorow No idea how that would do anything but it seems like it is worth at try at this point I am kind of at the end of my rope Computer Freezes and Reboots I have been toying with this all day and really do not want to see go out the window Ideas anyone I have had issues from the word go and about to just assume the mother board is bad some how If anyone requires more information I will be more than happy to give it I am really hoping that the mother board is not bad though I think a few people would see a grown man cry like a baby if so Thanks for your time in advance

A:Computer Freezes and Reboots

Have you tried running in Safe Mode with Networking as a test? If it still crashes in Safe Mode, that would further point to hardware as the cause.Be careful where you surf to because your antivirus software won't work in that mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482036/computer-freezes-and-reboots/
Relevancy 49.88%

My computer has recently been rebooting unexpectantly I also have noticed that when I m on the internet sometimes the screen reboots freezes PC screen and freezes Ran a scan with my McAfee virus scanner and it found and deleted a trojan Can t tell PC reboots and screen freezes if it worked in getting rid of all the bad stuff or not it hasn t rebooted unexpectantly yet so that s good news Just wanted to make sure there was nothing else on there Here are my logs Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components Scheduler STService exe C Users EJS Local Settings Apps F lux flux exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office MSOSYNC EXE C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files x McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files x internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x internet explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Users EJS Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - Hosts localhost O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Babylon toolbar helper - EECD - - a -B B - BF B - no file O - BHO PlayBryte BHO - e ef a- bc - ea- b f-f e f bd - mscoree dll file missing O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MIF BA Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MIF BA Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar Canon Easy-WebPrint EX - D - C F- -BAB - A F C C F - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexhlp dll O - Toolbar no name - b d f - fa - e- - c d e - no file O - Toolbar no name - - D- dd- D -DC BE DBC - no file O - HKLM Run IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files x McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files x McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM RunOnce Launcher C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components Scheduler Launcher exe O - HKCU Run F lux quot C Users EJS Local Settings Apps F lux flux exe quot noshow O - HKCU Run OfficeSyncProcess quot C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office MSOSYNC EXE quot O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun ... Read more

A:PC reboots and screen freezes

Bumping this up.
Windows still freeze from time to time, I keep getting pop-up flashes of my McAfee security warning.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-reboots-and-screen-freezes.1085763/
Relevancy 49.88%

I hope I m posting correctly please pc help!! freezes randomly and reboots and in right place and pray someone can please help me My computer has been freezing randomly and I have to restart it It has also been randomly rebooting itself with no warning also while I m online using windows internet explorer usually when I m on facebook sometimes my browser just closes I ve updated and run scans with malwarebytes and free avast antivirus and both have quot not quot found any issues This has been happening for about a months now once in awhile but in the last days it has been everyday and sometime more then twice a day Today it has rebooted times and froze times My husband just replaced the power supply thinking it was the problem or the fan and I was only on about minutes when it rebooted here is please help!! pc reboots and freezes randomly the last error report microsoft windows error signature BCCode e BCP C BCP F BCP B F C BCP OSVer SP Product Error Report Contents the following files were included in the error C DOCUME LISACO LOCALS Temp WERbe dir Mini - C DOCUME LISACO LOCALS Temp WERbe dir please help!! pc reboots and freezes randomly sysdata xml I have windows xp home edition-service pack computer Intel - please help!! pc reboots and freezes randomly Pentium CPU GHz I use internet explorer nvidia GeForce Ti w AGP x nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack multiple freezes and reboots bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping multiple freezes and reboots Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A XTD EVO Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled Computer keeps randomly multiple freezes and reboots freezing and rebooting a lot I multiple freezes and reboots reinstalled windows and I m still having problems When it reboots windows says it recovered from an error and trys to fix the problem but the problem still occurs Happens a lot when streaming movies but also randomly where it freezes and the cursor doesn t move sometimes recovering after a few seconds and other times automatically rebooting Used different driver update software trying to make sure everything is up to date also windows updates are all good Could this problem be my video card or RAM maybe How to do I find out what s causing it so I can replace it nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Howdy, need some expert advice I think. My AMD 1.4 GHz w/384mb ram, running XP pro was running fine (some time ago). It started freezing on me, so I unloaded any software I may have added. Later did a restore. Later reformatted my Maxtor 60 G. Then swithched to a new Maxtor 120 G. The ndvidia card is new. I tested the ram sticks one at a time. Now with a new hard drive I can't install XP or 98 for that matter.
The pc will run forever in the bios stage and even in dos but as soon as I try to load windows...it freezes or reboots. I thought it was the mobo at first but dang, it runs in dos and in bios. ??? Help

Stands

Relevancy 49.88%

Helo, I'm having little troubles with my MSI u270 netbook model MS-1245. It's brand new, i boght it 2 weeks ago. As i wrote in title it freezes, reboots and i'm getting some BSODs too. It had 6gb of RAM but after testing it with CheckIt Diagnostics it looked like 4gb piece is damaged so i removed it. Now i installed win 7 x86 but situation is still almost the same (maybe BSODs are not so often). I hope you can help me with it couse it really makes me crazy.
My configuration:
AMD e-450 with Radeon hd 6320
Version of motherboard (from Speecy) E1245AMS.10J
About power supply i don't now, but i'm in dormitory in Portugal and nobody else is having probles so guess it is ok.
In attachments you can find reports and dmp files.

A:Various BSOD + freezes + reboots

noone can help me? Or maybe i posted something in a wrong way?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/various-bsod-freezes-reboots-600956.html
Relevancy 49.88%

For the past four months I have been getting random freezes and reboots and have yet to see a BSOD something must be going on because my minidump folder is packed with files I downloaded WinDbg and the symbols around MB worth to try reading several of files but I still don t know what s wrong I know it s with the quot win k sys quot and quot ntoskrnl exe quot I ve googled several things and haven t recieved much information except RAM is likely an issue Here s my latest dump Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is C WINDOWS Symbols Executable search path is Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack UP Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x a Debug Random Freezes/Reboots session time Fri Apr GMT- System Uptime days Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck f f Could not read faulting driver name Probably caused by ntoskrnl exe nt ObQueryNameString da Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Invalid system memory was referenced This cannot be protected by try-except it must be protected by a Probe Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory Arguments Arg f f memory referenced Arg value read operation write operation Arg If non-zero the Random Freezes/Reboots instruction address which referenced the bad memory address Arg reserved Debugging Details ------------------ Could not read faulting driver name Random Freezes/Reboots READ ADDRESS f f FAULTING IP nt ObQueryNameString da b mov esi dword ptr eax MM INTERNAL CODE CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x PROCESS NAME iexplore exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from to STACK TEXT b c c b c c nt Random Freezes/Reboots ObQueryNameString x da b c c e d nt ObInheritDeviceMap x b c d c e abb nt ObpIncrementHandleDataBase x c b c d f a c nt NtNotifyChangeMultipleKeys x c b c d c nt RtlInsertElementGenericTableFullAvl xd STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt ObQueryNameString da b mov esi dword ptr eax SYMBOL STACK INDEX FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntoskrnl exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP e SYMBOL NAME nt ObQueryNameString da FAILURE BUCKET ID x nt ObQueryNameString da BUCKET ID x nt ObQueryNameString da Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt lm start end module name d eb nt M pdb symbols C WINDOWS Symbols exe ntoskrnl pdb All items that ended with quot deferred quot were taken out cause the post was too long Unloaded modules b d b b d kmixer sys b ab b ac drmkaud sys b ac b ad DMusic sys f a f f aad swmidi sys b d b d aec sys b ef b f splitter sys f c f cb processr sys f f Cdaudio SYS f f Sfloppy SYSClick to expand So can I fix this nbsp

A:Random Freezes/Reboots

What are your system specs? What browser are you trying to use? Have you tested your memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-freezes-reboots.75802/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi my computer started to run abnormally lately it Crashes reboots and freezes and im still Crashes,reboots freezes and !! unable to pinpoint the cause So i desperately formatted the HDD and i fresh-installed a new copy of WinXP here comes da boom Crashes,reboots and freezes !! when the computer again started to experience the same faults prior to formatting i did Crashes,reboots and freezes !! many things like unpluging harwares keyboards sound card etc and uninstalling the latest software i installed thinking that one of these software and hardware might ve been the cause but unfortunately none of this worked i dont know where to start or what to do so please help me fixing my problem HIJACKTHIS log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exe C Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDSched exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PccGuide exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard Crashes,reboots and freezes !! type exe C Program Files Startup Faster sfAgent exe C Program Files Babylon Babylon exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Opera Opera exe C Program Files Proxy Labs ProxyCap ProxyCap exe C Program Files ONSPEED onspeed exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Winamp Winamp exe C Documents and Settings Thamer Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO PBlockHelper Class - B- FF- DD - -F BEDE EB - C Program Files ONSPEED PBHelper dll O - BHO TGTSoft Explorer Toolbar Changer - C CF - F- - AC-E D C C - C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP TGT BHO dll O - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - C PROGRA FLASHGET fgiebar dll O - HKLM Run StartupFaster quot C Program Files Startup Faster StrpFstCfg exe quot -run SFAURUN SFCURUN SFAUSTARTUP SFCUSTARTUP O - Extra context menu item Download All by FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item Download using FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc link htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Show All Original Images - res C Program Files ONSPEED onspeed exe O - Extra context menu item Show Original Image - res C Program Files ONSPEED onspeed exe O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C PROGRA FLASHGET flashget exe O - Extra Tools menuitem amp FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C PROGRA FLASHGET flashget exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider w pxdrv dll missing O - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C A- F A FF MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class - http messenger msn com download MsnMessengerSetupDownloader cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip DCF A - FA - B - D - AF E C F NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip DCF A - FA - B - D - AF E C F NameServer... Read more

Relevancy 49.88%

Ok I ve read several threads about random freezes and reboots but none seem to describe the problems I m having About a week ago my PC started doing one of three things It would freezes/ Random reboots? help! Please either reboot the monitor would go dark either for seconds at a time or indefinitley Random freezes/ reboots? Please help! or the mouse and keyboard would freeze causing me to do a restart - very annoying so I thought I would do a clean install of XP reformat HD load all current drivers etc Now after doing all that more times I still have the problem I don t think it s a heat issue all fans working problem happens even after minutes swapped out ram with no luck reinserted video card monitor cable Also I haven t been doing any gaming and it happens alot opening outlook express or playing windows media player Sometimes happens on startup when webshots loads the desktop wallpaper only a portion of the image is displayed and mouse keyboard are frozen Could this be an aging video card or monitor I ve done virus spyware scans - all clean Any advise would be much appreciated thank you I realize it s not a beast but I don t put too many demands on it Windows XP Home Edition SP Western Digital GB rpm Internal EIDE DVD - Creative PC-DVD x Ovation model DVD xE x CD-RW--Pacific Digital x x x Motherboard-------- Epox EP- K A DDR-SDRAM slots PCI AGP MHz front side bus support Memory--------------- MB PC DDR-SDRAM AMD Athlon GHz Video Card - eVGA com e-GeForce MX MB SDRAM AGP Sound - Creative Sound Blaster PCI EAX model SB Monitor----- quot Magview nbsp

A:Random freezes/ reboots? Please help!

It seems that your vedio card is damaged. When the ASIC of the vedio card
loses function, this symptom may be occur. Just for reference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-freezes-reboots-please-help.331870/
Relevancy 49.88%

I've been experiencing random reeboots and freezes over the last couple of months. I've attempted to uninstall various programs (Avast for example), update my GPU driver, remove useless junk from startup and done chkdsk, defrag and complete security scans with different programs with no luck so far. My gut feeling tells me its memory related but looking at the logs it might have something to do with my GPU... anyway I am no expert at debugging this sort of thing so some input from experienced people would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Random reboots and freezes

You have some older BSOD crash dumps of mid June. Those are indicating to a failing PCIe slot/device .... particularly the slot where the GPU is connected.

Your motherboard Asrock X58 Extreme has .....
- 3 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots (blue @ x16 mode, orange @ x4 mode) (Double-wide slot spacing between each PCI-E slot)
- 2 x PCI Express x1 slots
- 2 x PCI slots
- Supports ATI™ CrossFireX™, 3-Way CrossFireX™ and Quad CrossFireX™
- Supports NVIDIA? SLI™ and Quad SLI™
So apply the GPU in another slot and see how things are going.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, PCI Express Error
Arg2: fffffa800585b038, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Code:
===============================================================================
Section 0 : PCI Express
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ fffffa800585b0b8
Section @ fffffa800585b148
Offset : 272
Length : 208
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Recoverable

Port Type : Root Port
Version : 1.1
Command/Status: 0x4010/0x0507
Device Id :
VenId:DevId : 8086:340a ==> 5520/5500/X58 I/O Hub PCI Express Root Port 3 (**)
Class code : 030400
Function No : 0x00
Device No : 0x03
Segment : 0x0000
Primary Bus : 0x00
Second. Bus : 0x00
Slot : 0x0000
Dev. Serial # : 0000000000000000
Express Capability Information @ fffffa800585b17c
Device Caps : 00008021 Role-Based Error Reporting: 1
Device Ctl : 0107 ur FE NF CE
Dev Status : 0003 ur fe NF CE
Root Ctl : 0008 fs nfs cs

AER Information @ fffffa800585b1b8
Uncorrectable Error Status : 00004020 ur ecrc mtlp rof uc ca CTO fcp ptlp SD dlp und
Uncorrectable Error Mask : 00000000 ur ecrc mtlp rof uc ca cto fcp ptlp sd dlp und
Uncorrectable Error Severity : 00062010 ur ecrc MTLP ROF uc ca cto FCP ptlp sd DLP und
Correctable Error Status : 00001100 adv RTTO RNRO dllp tlp re
Correctable Error Mask : 00000000 adv rtto rnro dllp tlp re
Caps & Control : 00000005 ecrcchken ecrcchkcap ecrcgenen ecrcgencap FEP
Header Log : 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
Root Error Command : 00000000 fen nfen cen
Root Error Status : 00000000 MSG# 00 fer nfer fuf mur ur mcr cer
Correctable Error Source ID : 00,00,00
Correctable Error Source ID : 00,00,00

Code:
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF (**)Intel(R) 7500/5520/5500/X58 I/O Hub PCI Express Root Port 3 - 340A - 340a

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306985-random-reboots-freezes.html
Relevancy 49.88%

my computer will freeze and reboot whenever it wants in the last 2 weeks. i try and run my mcafee anti virus and it freezes also. tried 2 other anti virus and they also freeze and reboot also. all three freeze at the same file .fonts frahvit.ttf. please help

A:computer freezes then reboots

Delete the font and try again. BTW...your PDF file is empty. If you think adware/spyware is the cause..download hijackthis and post it's log here and we will have alook for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-freezes-then-reboots-22991.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey My PC randomly started freezing and rebooting only when doing anything more intensive That is to say it doesn't freeze is just browsing PC Randomly Reboots Freezes and the net but once I try to watch a video or something like PC Freezes and Reboots Randomly that it does I saw a BSOD before but I do not know how to find out the specific issue from that BSOD Bits to help How old specs make and model ect Self built around February ASUS M A LT-M LE AMD G Socket AM DVI VGA Out CHannel Audio MATX Motherboard AMD Athlon II X Socket AM GHz MB L Cache Retail Box Processor Crucial GB DDR MHz PC - Memory CL V Seagate ST AS GB Hard Drive SATAII rpm MB Cache - OEM LG GH NP x DVD RW DL amp RAM IDE Optical Drive OS XP Pro SP Do you own an installation disk for this operating system Yes Do you have access to another computer with an internet connection Yes Level of experience Beginner Please help I am desperate to get this sorted

A:PC Freezes and Reboots Randomly

Attached the minidump of the last reboot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-freezes-and-reboots-randomly-567518.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey My PC randomly started freezing and rebooting only when doing anything more intensive That is to say it doesn't freeze is just browsing the net but once I try to watch a video or something like that it does The last two times it happened the errors I found were The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x a x d x c x x cd A PC Freezes Reboots and [SOLVED] dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x a x b x c x x A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp I am thinking it's to do with my RAM Please help I am desperate to get this sorted I have ordered a new RAM stick and if it is the RAM then I can send the faulty one back due to warranty If not I will just return the new one

A:[SOLVED] PC Freezes and Reboots

Hello and welcome to our forum. This looks to me to be a hardware issue, however there are many causes of these crashes so software is not out of the question. I need some info so I can better assist you in resolving this issue.

Please tell me about your computer. How old, specs, make and model, ect
What hardware and/or software changes have you made recently?
What operating system are you using. XP Home or Pro and what Service pack? SP1, 2, or 3.
Do you own an installation disk for this operating system.
Do you have access to another computer with an internet connection?
What video were you watching that made it crash?
What is your level of experience? Beginer, intermediate, Expert, or don't know squat?

Once you have answered those questions for me I would like you to check your event viewer by performing the following steps and report back what it shows.
Use XP's Event Viewer to see if it has some entries related to your probem ---perhaps by date & time.
Start button/ Run / type
eventvwr.msc<enter> --
or Go to Control Panel / Performance and Maintenance/Administrative Tools >Event Viewer.
Review the sections and look for Errors or Warnings that match the time the event occurred.
Double click the line that is at issue---the information may give a clue.

The next thing I would like you to do if possible is the following:

To determine what driver is causing the problem I need you to enable driver
verifier.
Steps:
1) Windows Key + R
2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this
occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select
the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose
'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any
driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but
will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash
the blue screen will hopefully say something like
"DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". If this occurs please send the
corresponding minidump (by default it is at c:\windows\Minidump ).

I will continue to monitor this thread. If you resolve this problem on your own or with the info I provided please let me know so I can move on to other issues. Also please mark this thread solved using the thread tools option located at the top of this thread and selecting solved from the drop down menu.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-pc-freezes-and-reboots-512277.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello can someone please help me i have a strange problem where when i start my computer in normal mode the computer would completely freeze at any moment for example as windows loads during startup etc I really do not know why this is happening and this site is as close as i help! then Computer Reboots Freezes Please can get to any computer help so Please help! Computer Freezes then Reboots i m crossing my fingers and hoping someone can help At the moment my computer is in Safe Mode i have no problems as you can see i can browse the web and all the things Safe Mode with Networking would allow me to do Recently i have not downloaded any programs as well Please help! Computer Freezes then Reboots That i know of my Computer info is the following Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU Ghz CPUs Memory MB RAM as for the Please help! Computer Freezes then Reboots rest i am not sure what they are because apparently not visible in safe mode I know that my graphics card a Nividia Geforce series and it is updated Also this computer is a Windows XP Please please please someone help me fix this problem If any other information is required please let me know P S I use programs like quot NoAdware quot and quot Symantic anti virus quot and quot Ad-Aware SE Professional quot nbsp

A:Please help! Computer Freezes then Reboots

Have you updated and run these programs? What have they found?

I'd also suggest downloading Spybot Search & Destroy and HijackThis! Make sure to update each program and run them each separately. Make sure to have any other programs closed for best results.

You can let Spybot Search & Destroy and AdAware fix anything they find, but do NOT let HijackThis fix anything yet!! The results it lists are what's on your puter, and they're not always bad things. Save a log and when an Admin or Mod gets here, they'll let you know if they want to see it.

I'm guessing that your post will get moved into the Security section, so if you can't find it, look there. It does sound like something nasty got onto your puter.

Good luck and don't fret, there's a ton of great people here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-computer-freezes-then-reboots.740827/
Relevancy 49.88%

Alright I'm making my last ditch effort on this forum I've tried finding a solution to BSODs, reboots sometimes Various and freezes this on numerous other websites for the past months now and I failed I'm experiencing mostly BSODs sometimes freezes and random reboots on my PC ever since I built it months ago These errors seem to occur randomly I've experienced crashes while on full load but also during idle I think that Various BSODs, sometimes freezes and reboots I could narrow it down to a hardware problem as I have reinstalled Windows four times and Windows twice so far without fixing the problems but I'm not sure I have also gone through following troubleshooting steps Replaced the power supply Tested all drives with Crystaldiskinfo and HD Tune Tested both RAM sticks separately and together with memtest Stress tested the CPU and used Intel's Processor Diagnostic tool Temporarily used another GPU Reformatted all drives before reinstalling Windows All of these tests yielded no info on any possible hardware failure As I bought almost all of my parts at different places I'm trying to find out what could be causing these errors so I can RMA it My system specs Windows Educational x full retail Current age of OS installation weeks MSI Z A GAMING PRO CARBON BIOS version most recent Intel i k GHz not overclocked x GB G Skill Ripjaws V DDR RAM EVGA GTX SSC ACX not overclocked Adata SSD SP GB boot drive WD Green TB RPM Seagate TB RPM storage drives TP-Link TL-WDN N Seasonic Platinum Series W As mentioned this PC is months old and all its components were bought brand new I have attached the SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip I wasn't able to get a PERFMON output as it got stuck on Collecting data for seconds for about minutes

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625269/various-bsods-sometimes-freezes-and-reboots/
Relevancy 49.88%

Ok I think this is a hardware problem but I may be wrong. MY computer has been playing up lately. Sometimes when I switch it on it boots up fine and I have no problems. Other times It will appear fine and all of a sudden it will either freeze or reboot(when it reboots it sometimes does not pick up the monitor so I cant see what its doing). I have even had occasions when it froze or rebooted when I was in the bios. The problem is also likely to happen at any stage of the start up.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Relevancy 49.88%

I recently built a new computer, here are the specs

Asus EN6800GT
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Mobo
AMD 3700+
Corsair XMS 3200c2 2G (1Gx2)
ThermalTake 480W power supply

So anyway, my games are all freezing and my computer will either reboot on it's own or I will be forced to reboot it, and in 3DMark05 it will freeze and reboot during the second test.

I've updated the drivers to most recent, I've monitered my heat (not overheating), I've turned off FastWrites, I've checked my memory with memtest for 10 hours.

I think it's the Graphics card, and I don't know what to try now. I'm almost inclined to think it's defective and return it for another card.

Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

A:6800GT Freezes and reboots

Hey Volksjaeger ,

Do you have an on-board graphics card and then you just recently added one? Just wondering. You can test the graphics card by just pulling it out. You can literally see if the computer shuts off even without a graphics card (i.e. a monitor). So if it does shut off and you have pulled the graphics card, then it must be something else.

-- Helpr

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/6800gt-freezes-and-reboots.373782/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello.

My computer keeps rebooting all the time, out of the blue. It does not have a certain ammount of time before it does it, it's completely random. Sometimes it will run for hours with o problems, but more often than not it will reboot or freeze. :/

System specs:

Win XP pro
AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (1.83 Ghz)
768 DDR
ATI Radeon 9600 128
Main driver:ati2dvag.dll
version: 6.14.0010.6525

If more info about the system is needed I can provide it.

Thank you for answering.

A:Computer reboots or freezes all the time.

try to disably automatic reboot so you can get the error message that might have the cause. My computer>right click>properties>advanced>startup and recovery settings>uncheck automatically restart

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-reboots-or-freezes-all-the-time.360205/