Windows Support Forum

Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile

Q: Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile

Ok so my buddy's ancient xp laptop has failing video I logged onto it as an administrator and shared all the users documents I proceeded to another pc in the house running Vista and created an administrator account with the same credentials as the laptop's then copied Admin doing created newly Move to after Missing from profile Files profile mostly I used copy but for a few folders I used the move command over the network the primary users profile folder It took two attempts It failed to connect the first time but succeeded after I returned to the laptop and disabled Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile simple file sharing and gave the laptops administrator's user account I shared the folders from security permissions to all user folders in question I had my friend's Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile girlfriend verify all her pictures were in place on the Vista PC and they were I felt like quot see I do know my stuff quot They aren't computer people and have alot of old failing machines I keep going for them I do this for a living and must have donated a not insignificant amount of time keeping their aging stuff going and I've had a string of having to tell them I simply couldn't make things like HD transcoding and playback run quot any more better quot or that I couldn't software fix failing hardware on their aging collection of machines So I was happy for the successful move My bud's girl ended up staying on the PC's Admin's profile FaceBooking and reminiscing about the irreplaceable pictures that absolutely needed to be saved from the laptop The ones of a recently lost loved one the loss of which they were taking quite hard It was obvious she was happy to still have them and that made me feel good that something finally worked without a hitch This went on for quite awhile until it got late and the whole time I couldn't stop thinking about getting her stuff off that profile and moved to a Limited user account History has taught me again and again the only way to keep my donated time down to a minimum in certain situations is to keep them using limited user accounts So when she went upstairs I created her a user account on the PC which is running Vista with her name and quickly logged onto and off of it making sure the profile's user account's folders were created I logged back onto the Admin account I previously created for the move which matched the credentials of the failing laptop's and navigated to the newly created users desktop folder and copied some stuff from the moved laptop's desktop folder Success At this point my buddy who's been tossing back beers for hours now tells me that it's he understandably so feels like turning in It's not like I'm yet again working for free right I wonder if I was swapping a motor in his car at no charge he would be rushing me out with only a few bolts left to tighten but I understand it seems to him like I'm doing nothing but keeping him from turning in at this point So I say quot give me just another few minutes quot not wanting to drag the move out another day I selected the four remaining folders in the transferred laptop's user's folder and gave them a move command to the newly created limited users Documents folder instead of putting Pictures in pictures and movies in movies music in music like I started to do with the desktop folder Then in the agonizingly slow fashion everything computer related over there always seem to go the transfer window after the UAC move permissions prompts displays that the move is going to take an hour plus but just long enough for him to say quot that's it I got to turn in quot before flashing to zero and seemingly completing successfully Then I notice the source folder still contained a full pictures folder and a music folder so I reselected them and gave them the move command again accepting the uac prompts and a do this for all move and replace for files of same name and size That seemed to do it the source folder was empty but I saw to my dismay as my long time friend complained of the few intervening minutes that passed and how he's calling it and turning in that the destination folder was also devoid of the a fore mentioned pictures folder I say quot you don't understand I need another minute quot as I switch to the newly created user profile again hoping that possibly in the difference in the My Documents structure between XP and Vista somehow maybe they were written into pictures not documents but they were gone everything was gone and my buddy now kinda pissed at all of HIS time I'm wasting sent me home Sorry to be so long winded but I've already dumped so much time into this I was hopping to crowd source another one of these things tonight in the hopes that tomorrow when he inevitably calls after his sure to be angry girl discovers her pictures missing somebody on here has been kind enough to volunteer some thoughts that might stream line the whole what if I try this process I'm facing to attempt a recovery I'm wondering if something like Undelete will work on the source folder for files moved to another profile like it very often works for deleted files or any other ideas anyone might have This was a perfect end to one of those days and may brain seems to be be able to write a little but not think at this point in fact I haven't looked back at what I've been writing so even though it seemed to make sense as I wrote it it might all just be a bunch of gibberish Thanks for the read me sleepy now

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile

You could have summed this up in a lot less words.
Try to recover your files using the free Recuva.
If that fails, try the Free PhotoRec a part of TestDisk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/files-missing-after-doing-move-from-admin-profile-to-newly-created-profile-740513.html
Relevancy 84.32%

Good Morning and a happy new year helpful people - not user profile registered correctly created Newly Yesterday Newly created user profile not registered correctly I ran into a weird Newly created user profile not registered correctly and apparently unique problem The actual problem is described below the bold text everything before that is just introduction I wanted to create a user account on my netbook for my girlfriend She has a MacBook so to get some actual work Newly created user profile not registered correctly done I created a new user for her on my Desktop PC and so she would be able to work on the train or whatever I wanted to set up Live Mesh between her user profile on my Desktop and a user profile on my netbook On the desktop everything went fine I created a new user account with her name registered a windows live account for her mail address logged her on set up Live Mesh for her and let her work Then I wanted to do the same on my netbook Since I use Live Mesh myself for the same reasons I wanted to set it up for her I wanted to create the same user account on my netbook as well That was where the trouble started I created the new profile and rebooted just in case When I tried to log in I got an error message saying that the user profile service failed to log on and that the profile won't be able to sign on either THen I logged onto my own account which worked fine and tried to run a program under her account using quot Run As quot That didn't work either the system reported a profile error I tried finding a solution online but all I could find said I should delete the profile from the registry's Profile List as the SID might not have been deleted When I looked there there was no entry or this profile nothing at all I suspect that for some reason windows didn't properly save the account upon creation and for that reason was unable to log it on I retried everything again with all security disabled and properly logged on as administrator with the same result Does anyone have any suggestions I basically need just one more user account so a manual account creation process would be fine too

A:Newly created user profile not registered correctly

You could delete the new corrupted created profile before creating any new account.

Here some links to tutorial forums:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/?filter[2]=User%20Accounts

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/134772-newly-created-user-profile-not-registered-correctly.html
Relevancy 109.22%

Hi I'm having this problem where when I tried to log into my computer it gave me this thing that my user login has failed and a temporary profile had been created I was looking at other form posts with this problem and going through the steps But while I'm in safe mode at the moment I still can't get into my administrative account on my computer It won't let me access it because the profile is corrupted I'm assuming I was using User Profile Service failed the sign-in - Fix in Windows this thread to help me But I'm stuck on step five because it just says profile image path c users TEMP which is not my user profile but under the bak it says my correct profile I don't have another admin profile I'm the only person who uses my computer Ugh I don't know what the hell I'm doing I'm terrible at this kinda thing Please help '

A:User profile login failed and temporary profile created

Hello Emily, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Are you able to do what's in the blue note box under step 1 in Option One to enable the built-in Administrator account to use to repair your account from instead?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68313-user-profile-login-failed-temporary-profile-created.html
Relevancy 106.21%

I had this guys profile become corrupt and it gave him the warning message but said it would create a TEMP profile so he could still log in to XP. I did some renaming and copying over of his old profile stuff to a new one and noticed the TEMP profile was no longer there in the Documents and Settings. Does anyone know if the TEMP profile becomes hidden, moved somewhere else, or deleted?

Thanks

Brian

A:TEMP profile created when a profile becomes corrupt

Welcome to TSG....

How to recover the damaged user profile in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555473/en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temp-profile-created-when-a-profile-becomes-corrupt.598462/
Relevancy 104.92%

I m working on a computer that appears to have gone through the quot Windows Recover quot virus malware The user appeared to do a good job of removing the virus and used System Restore to dial the system back about a week which unfortunately is the furthest back the restore points go for some fresh, on logon" account Profile Service "The created failed User the a newly reason Everything seemed to work except for the main users account which had it s profile locations changed to something like c users TEMP username-PC It was pointing to this directory instead of the original directory I then opened up regedit and found the entries at HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Shell Folders all pointing to the wrong folder so I manually edited every entry to point to the correct "The User Profile Service failed the logon" on a fresh, newly created account folder and restarted This ended up working against me When I logged into the account none of the shell folder shortcuts in the start menu would do anything when you clicked on them The menu would stay up and it was as if I was clicking on nothing at all no response Instead of reversing the edits I had just made manually I decided to try "The User Profile Service failed the logon" on a fresh, newly created account using System Restore to revert the system back to the earliest date which the owner of the PC said they had done themselves before I got there I figured the worst that could happen would be it would be just as it was when I first looked at it After performing system restore I can only log into the Administrator account Every other account on the system produced the error message quot The User Profile Service service failed the logon The user profile cannot be loaded quot I decided that instead of editing the registry any further to instead create a new user account that could eventually replace an old one by moving date from the old to the new But I get the same error message when I try to log into the newly created account What a mess Any ideas about how to fix this or am I looking at doing a full system reinstall nbsp

A:"The User Profile Service failed the logon" on a fresh, newly created account

It's probably a typing error but I think you are referring to the Windows Recovery fake computer analysis and optimization program. The owner of the PC only used a restore point that took the machine back one week, which by the sound of it, was not succesfull. System Restore cannot be relied on to remove a virus infection as the restore point may have the infection saved in it. Also, once a system is comprimised by an infection it opens the door for other infections to get into the system.

Only a few helpers with the appropriate permissions can give advice on Malware removal outside of the Malware forum so in order to have the system cleaned of the infection you should open a new thread in the Malware forum.

The other option is to do a full reformat and clean install of the OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-on-a-fresh-newly-created-account.1030204/
Relevancy 98.9%

This question has been raised before by others but apparently no solution was offered by anyone I have two user profiles on the same PC with one main user having the administrator rights Today when I attempted to log in as the main user I got the My Favorites Documents, profile etc. - Missing corrupt user profile from following message quot Windows cannot load the locally stored profile Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights Missing My Documents, Favorites etc. from user profile - corrupt profile or a corrupt local profile If this problem persists contact your network administrator quot I found one microsoft support note which suggests that a new profile needs to be created and the contens of the old profile except dat files have to be copied in the new profile folders However all my folders in the original profile including MY documents and Favorites are EMPTY I am unable to retrieve valuable files Can anyone suggest a step wise procedure to locate where my files have disappeared By the way I tried system restore operation to restore the system three days backward yet everything is the same and the folders are empty so i have undone the system restore thanks PS AS AN ADDITIONAL INFO if it might help i have discovered rather large quot FOUND quot folders ion quot C quot drive the last one has the size mb which is about the same time that the folders and files disappeared i have read that these foldrrs are similar to chk files and can be remvoed however i am not sure of this in view of the missing data nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-my-documents-favorites-etc-from-user-profile-corrupt-profile.760501/
Relevancy 98.04%

After a power failure I could not have access to my only account Ron Wolpa which was administrator DETAIL I CAN T REMEMBER THE PASSWORD I USED DURING new corrupted account.. profile Admin , created account a INSTALLATION After booting and rebooting many times I could load an empty desktop screen I remember to have read an error message stating that the info on my profile could not be found the exact words I can t remember C windows system config systemprofile desktop refers to an Admin account profile corrupted , created a new account.. unavailable location IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE TO CONNECT WINDOWS TO THE EVENT NOTIFICATION SERVICE THIS PROBLEM PREVENTS THE ACCESS Admin account profile corrupted , created a new account.. TO THE STANDARD USERS Once in the corrupt desktop none of my icons loaded nothing at all by luck I gained access to the control panel through an icon on the task bar icon tray This enabled me to create a new account named Emergency that is where I am now writing this message I wished I could repair my old administrator account and spare me the work of reconfiguring everything on my new account that has not admin privileges At the point I am without the admn password what is the best that could I do Thanks

A:Admin account profile corrupted , created a new account..

http://cdslow.webhost.ru/files/ntpwedit/ntpwed05.zip

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/60830-admin-account-profile-corrupted-created-new-account.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello All,
Here's my problem. I've erased my profile from Mozilla Firefox. I HAVE NOT however erased the profile files.

I have since created a profile with a different name. I would like to import the old profile info (bookmarks inparticular) to my new "default" profile.

As well, what if I wanted to import info from another Mozilla Firefox profile?

Can this be done?

I've tried everything but I can't seem to figure it out.

If you do post please be advised that I am not all that familiar with Firefox.

Thank you all for your time.

A:Solved: Mozilla Firefox...Erased Profile but not files...trying to import to new profile

I move mine manually all the time. If you just want to add the bookmarks.html, just move the one you saved to the new profile. Here is the official instructions from Firefox on backup and restore of the Profile.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mozilla-firefox-erased-profile-but-not-files-trying-to-import-to-new-profile.398433/
Relevancy 96.32%

Admin account worked fine on Monday.  The kid used her (non-admin) account in the meantime.  Now it won't log into the admin account - "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."  I've read a few other boards on this issue, so I am now doing a thorough virus scan and will include results as soon as they're available.  But I am not confident about moving forward with any of the paths I've seen laid out, and some of them don't apply if you can't access the admin account anyway, so I wanted to start a thread here (I've gotten fabulous help here several times before).  It's running Vista Home Premium SP2.  AVG 2013 Internet Security.  Can't think what other specs may be relevant, but am happy to provide whatever would be of use.  Thanks!!

A:User Profile svc failed logon. User profile can't be loaded." on admin acct.

I got the same message when attempting to login on Windows 7, after no previous problems or changes before shutdown the night before. It continued to loop back to the logon screen even after rebooting. I ended up having to log on in Safe Mode, then do a system restore to restore back to the last restore point, which was a system checkpoint a couple of days earlier. That fixed it, and I've had no problems since. I hope that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515804/user-profile-svc-failed-logon-user-profile-cant-be-loaded-on-admin-acct/
Relevancy 96.32%

Tried to log on to my ADMIN profile to make changes to user accounts and got the dreaded "User Profile Service" service failed the logon on.

Can anyone advise how to fix this problem?

A:Admin profile - "User Profile Service" error showing.

Hello Dogwalkersg5, and welcome to Vista Forums.

This may be able to help you fix this.

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232313-admin-profile-user-profile-service-error-showing.html
Relevancy 95.03%

I set up a user profile given I'd been using my administrator user profile all along. Now how do I copy my desktop and browser, files to my user profile? I have Windows 7 Home Office Professional on my PC

Relevancy 90.73%

Hi I'm having a problem with my -bit Windows computer It was originally a Win XP but it was upgraded to a Windows Ultimate from the person I bought it from on craigslist The computer itself is a Fujitsu tablet PC laptop Yesterday the missing Corrupt user profile/files last thing I did was save my homework to my flash drive then I shut down my computer But once I got home some hours later I turn on my computer Corrupt user profile/files missing and my desktop items are gone It was like I'd gotten a whole new computer A message bubble pops up and says that my user profile may be corrupt and a temporary profile is being used instead I first tried restarting my computer but it loaded the temp profile I tried again but nothing changed So while I searched for solutions online I scanned my computer with Microsoft Security Essentials but it didn't find anything so I tried a System restore It seemed to work at first some folders on my desktop came back but none of them were the files I want need I undid the system restore since it really made no changes but at least the temporary user account isn't loading anymore I haven't installed anything lately either I've seen other people with similar issues but none of the answers are quite helping Some look very risky and I'm not the most computer savvy person so I'd rather not try them As a reminder I bought this computer used with Windows genuine installed so I don't have the CD It's been working well since I bought it months ago One of Window's solution was to make at least accounts so I made two called Silky and Wall-E and to copy the files to the new user account you want to use My account name was SilverKeaton the computer is named Nav-PC Wall-E is the one I'm using now and Silky is the new one I want to use So here is a screenshot of the C Users folder And the following is what is contained in the hidden 'Default' folder The Folders contain Code Nav gimp folder AppData folder Desktop folder Documents folder Searches folder Tracing folder Public Favorites hidden folder Libraries hidden folder Public Desktop hidden folder Public Documents folder Public Downloads folder Public Music folder Public Pictures folder Public Videos folder Recorded TV Silky all regular folders it's new TEMP AppData hidden folder TEMP Nav-PC AppData hidden folder TEMP Nav-PC AppData hidden folder ntuser dat DAT file and WALL-E has all regular files folders I hope this is enough information I'll provide more if necessary It stopped working yesterday when I left for class and was working fine right up until then I am clueless as to what could have caused this any help would be appreciated I'd really like my files back I'm sure they're somewhere because my memory is still being taken up but when I look on Start gt Search for any file it says that it could not be found that it may have been moved or something My programs are still here though but my firefox history bookmarks are also gone Any idea Thanks for your feedback

A:Corrupt user profile/files missing

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverKeaton

It was originally a Win XP, but it was upgraded to a Windows 7 Ultimate from the person I bought it from (on craigslist).

Is the copy of Windows 7 you purchased a full retail copy?

Validate your Windows 7 OS - www.microsoft.com/genuine

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/corrupt-user-profile-files-missing-532347.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello Experts ------------------------- Windows Brand Compaq Presario CQ OS Windows Home Premium edition bit ---------------------------------- For last few weeks my firefox and chrome were hanging every few files Profile windows search other and file, missing minutes and every scroll down was turning out big pain as my cursor circle never ends The system so unresponsive that I hated my system This coincided with I activating the Microsoft Essential anti virus and Trend about to expire The physical memory consumed was always - Profile file, search and other windows files missing It was a hell using my just year old system So I have installed Opera and Profile file, search and other windows files missing used Rev-uninstall to wipe clean of Firefox and Chrome using moderate option I realized later that I have have saved my favorites which over the year painstakingly collected But Profile file, search and other windows files missing that is least of my worry That day the system behavior with Opera was awesome physical memory at I had a started to like it But when I shut down it took unusually long time to shut down and next day the system when restarted said quot Preparing Desktop quot and I see the following Desktop is wiped clean There is a message C windows system profilefile missing location and I could not run any application The search option too is gone I could able to open word with error message box I think RevUninstall deleted critical files -My efforts which failed -- Restore to various points before the events - Failed Tried to copy these files from D Recovery directory but I cannot even open the files It was in a different format I am worried about my office and other applications I have installed on my pc Any advice please Please provide me with check list and process to put the one time image allowed CD in case your suggestions do not work Your help is appreciated Thanks

A:Profile file, search and other windows files missing

Hi First you should not have anything saved to the recovery drive and you are unlikely to be able to copy what is there, since this is usually the recovery image for your machine to be put back to factory settings.Now you should check the user manual on how to make a system disc as it will have the info you need Manuals for Compaq Presario CQ58-100 Notebook PC series - HP Support Center

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/profile-file-search-and-other-windows-files-missing-743249.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I think I was able to remove the virus but can't find my profile or documents and pics Here is my hijackthis log Thank you I have a Windows Lenovo SL Thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Files. my Profile Help Removed. Find and Please Missing Virus taskhost exe C PROGRA Lenovo HOTKEY tpnumlkd exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPOSDSVC exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY tpfnf r exe C Program Files Intel Intel Please Help Find my Missing Profile and Files. Virus Removed. Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows System TpShocks exe C Program Files Lenovo Please Help Find my Missing Profile and Files. Virus Removed. HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exe C Program Files Lenovo Message Center Plus MCPLaunch exe C Program Files DDNI Lenovo Idea Notes DDNIMSGUser exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files AVG SafeGuard toolbar vprot exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Please Help Find my Missing Profile and Files. Virus Removed. Program Files AVG AVG avgui exe C Windows system igfxext exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Windows system taskhost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG SafeGuard toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files AVG SafeGuard toolbar AVG SafeGuard toolbar toolbar dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar AVG SafeGuard toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files AVG SafeGuard toolbar AVG SafeGuard toolbar toolbar dll O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run TPHOTKEY C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPOSDSVC exe O - HKLM Run LENOVO TPFNF R C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPFNF R exe O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe O - HKLM Run TpShocks TpShocks exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run PWMTRV rundll C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT PWMTR V DLL PwrMgrBkGndMonitor O - HKLM Run Mes... Read more

A:Please Help Find my Missing Profile and Files. Virus Removed.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/533816 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533816/please-help-find-my-missing-profile-and-files-virus-removed/
Relevancy 88.58%

When I am logged in as admin or logged into my sons user account I can access the internet. When I am logged into my husbands user profile I cannot access the internet. It was working before. I am slightly computer stupid so please talk easy to me! :)

A:Internet on admin & 1 user profile but not on other user profile

It tells me "The proxy server is refusing connections" ????????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-on-admin-and-1-user-profile-but-not-on-other-user-profile-446646.html
Relevancy 88.58%

As of today in our domain environment consisting of Windows and Windows Enterprise machines we are experiencing the quot User Profile service failed the sign-in - User profile cannot be loaded quot error message whenever a user tries to login This only affects users new to the particular machine If they have signed on before and already have Default service 8 User Profile loaded. be Profile Profile sign-in Win Environment Domain in Corrupt The failed User 7 the User Win cannot and - a cached account the computer logs them in with no issue This is occurring on both Win and Win machines We are an academic institution so this is becoming a huge problem in our labs Students generally use different computers so this is popping up very frequently I have a solution for the issue It appears that on the non-working machines that the quot Default quot user profile is corrupt I have discovered that if I find a machine Win or Win doesn't matter that is allowing first time users to logon I can copy the quot Default quot user profile and replace the corrupt one I must first permanently delete the corrupt profile before copying over the new one Corrupt Default User Profile in Domain Environment - The User Profile service failed the sign-in User Profile cannot be loaded. Win 8 and Win 7 I am doing this over the network by navigating the C users folder Even this way is becoming cumbersome though as we have over computer in labs I have googled and googled and I keep seeing the same answers offering various solutions none which are any more practical than my method I cannot find information on a cause or a reason of why this would just crop up out of nowhere I suspect maybe a Windows update but I cannot verify that yet If anyone can offer any advice share a possible patch it would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a617fa3-ddbe-49a2-af23-e68fd6b015a3/corrupt-default-user-profile-in-domain-environment-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-signin?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 88.58%

Every time I boot up my pc, which is running Windows XP Prof. Edition,
after a shut down, a new profile is created. How do I stop this ? is it a virus or any othe adware attach ?

A folder called "TEMP" which is been created without my knowledge is holding this new desktop. though its deleted its been created again & again
I scanned the pc using Avira & melware bite. No virus of other melware was identified

Pls Help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-profile-been-created.884189/
Relevancy 87.29%

Every time I boot up my pc, which is running Windows XP Prof. Edition,
AT every restart the destop settings are as a new profile created. How do I stop this ? is it a virus or any othe adware attached ?

A folder called "TEMP" which is been created without my knowledge in c\windows\ document & Settings is holding this new default desktop. though its deleted its been created again & again
I scanned the pc using Avira & melware bite. No virus of other melware was identified

Pls Help

Relevancy 87.29%

hello there ,

i have 3 account on my xp , all with administrative power , one administrator , IInd deadman and IIIrd mine xXx , now yesterday all of a sudden i couldn't log into mine for no reason , i logged on into administrator to c if anythin was wrong , it logged in perfectly , now it can login back into xXx again , but all the settings r gone , and it's a new account by the same name .

but when i got to mycom-=properties-advance-userprofiles - i c two xXx userprofiles one local and other as backup , anyway i can restore it back ??

I donot use system restore and Norton Antiviurs 2003 is byfar the only application i installed yesterday ,. any ideaz ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-backedup-my-profile-and-created-a-new-one.114627/
Relevancy 86.43%

When I tried logging in recently my windows xp pro machine said it could not find my profile and it created a new one (I was disconnected from network). Now I am reconnected, but it still is using the new one. Hoe can I tell it to use the original profile. I see the files there.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-profile-created-automatically-now-what-to-revert-to-old-one.951173/
Relevancy 86.43%

I need to replace a RunOnce procedure from XP. Using it with Win 7 is interrupted with UAC prompts which is an unacceptable option and disabling UAC within our environment is not an option. I am attempted to replace the process with Task Scheduler. However, I only want this to run when a new user logs on to the PC. I am open to other suggestions if this can?t be accomplished through Task Scheduler, but the solution can only run when a new profile is created.

A:Schedule task to run when a new profile is created using Win 7

Hi jennnnnnn and welcome W7 Forums

What is the function of this procedure?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/257993-schedule-task-run-when-new-profile-created-using-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 86.43%

there is a profile that keeps on popping up with 3 square boxes for a name that shouldn't be there. everytime i delete it, the profile keeps coming back. any ideas??

Relevancy 84.71%

Will someone please help me with this problem I experienced this morning? I booted my computer and LiveUpdate appeared requesting me to update. I clicked ok and went through the normal Norton LiveUpdate process and restarted my computer when finished. When I logged-in, everything was missing from my desktop and all of my files were missing. Found out later that my user profile was duplicated with an invisible extension that could not be seen from the log-in screen. All of my files are still on the C: drive but I have to go through Explore to get to them. Does anyone know what caused this duplication and how I can get rid of it? Thank you, Jerry

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39048/norton-liveupdate-created-duplicate-user-profile/
Relevancy 84.71%

I had been the only user on my machine but I decied to create another account so my house mates can use my computer without potentially screwing up my stuff I had been using the default admin profile--stupid i know but it didn t matter to be able to create the profile for my housemates i had to create an admin account first which i did for myself I lost all my prefernces and setting and stuff but was able to get most of them back by going into the default profile and grabbing all the application data things are working fine for the most part except for things when i download things from firefox they don t actually show up on my desktop even though that is where they are supposed to download to i m hainvg trouble connecting through my FTP certain work recently XP new things don't now profile user in created client to the various servers i use it will connect once after i start windows but once i break the connection it wont connect again i ve tried multiple ftp clients FTPx and Filezilla and the problem is the same in both I ve restarted my network several times as well other than getting a new monitor changing the user accounts is the only major thing i ve done to my computer recently any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:recently created new user profile in XP now certain things don't work

1.Are you sure the download filepath in Firefox points to the desktop of the account your in,and not another account ?

2.Try FTP using PASV,or temporarily disabling your firewall,or both.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recently-created-new-user-profile-in-xp-now-certain-things-dont-work.41908/
Relevancy 83.85%

I am trying to move my Firefox profile from my Win7 to W8CP, and I cannot find appdata. Does it still exist? Do I need to first unhide hidden files and folders?

Edit. Nevermind. It was just hidden, and unhiding it worked just like it did in 7. Got my profile moved!

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/4289-move-ff-profile-win7.html
Relevancy 83.85%

computer started getting pop ups randomly even with mcafee running and even after using spybot Then somehow some No bad error administrator exe's created profile and image will virus open, fake antivirus quot My PC protector quot installed itself on the system and things went to crap Girlfriend tried to go back to a restore point but nothing happened As of right now no exe's work Tried to install maleware bytes and avg avg No exe's will open, bad image error and virus created administrator profile install ended in an error while the anti maleware installed and but whenever I try to run the computer can not locate the file Also No exe's will open, bad image error and virus created administrator profile I notice that another user profile has popped up named adminstrator that I have never seen before on other start ups I continuely get the windows system dosapoma dll not valid windows image error Tried to do a few registry fixes like the zip file everyone seems to mention that seemded to install but didnt work and I couldnt open regedit anyway Really at a loss of what to do next Been in safe mode for the whole day and still the computer is crap Anyhelp would be very much appreciated Thanks guys Almost forget have no current access to boot cd or anything they are at parents house about hours away DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Administrator at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV VirusScan Enterprise AntiSpyware Enterprise On-access scanning enabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F FW McAfee Personal Firewall Plus disabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Administrator STEPH Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www dell me com myway uSearch Bar hxxp bfc myway com search de srchlft html uDefault Page URL hxxp www dell me com myway uURLSearchHooks H - No File mWinlogon SFCDisable x BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dll BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher c - cb - a -b f - ea c f - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise scriptcl dll BHO BndShell BHO Class a - - aa-adac-b f a a d - c program files qdrdrive QdrDrive dll BHO de - a - d a-f -df aaceba abecaa - fd- f-a d - a ed - c windows system iwfqmwpj dll BHO a c d d-a - b d- d - beda - c windows system jkhfg dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dll BHO bbb d e- - d-a bf-d f b a - c windows system khffdax dll BHO d cce- a e- c- - d fa - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB AOL Toolbar de c f- - a - b-aa ed d - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dll TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate c windows system macromed flash FlashUtil f exe mRun IntelWireless c program files intel wireless bin ifrmewrk exe tf Intel PROSet Wireless mRun MCAgentExe c progra mcafee com agent mcagent exe mRun MCUpdateExe c progra mcafee com agent McUpdate exe mRun McAfeeUpdaterUI quot c program files mcafee common framework UdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKey mRun PrinTray c windows system spool drivers w x printray exe mRun PCMService quot c program files dell media experience PCMService exe quot ... Read more

A:No exe's will open, bad image error and virus created administrator profile

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

Please copy this page to Notepad and Save it to your Desktop in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding.
Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Download ComboFix and the Microsoft file to a USB drive on another computer and transfer the files to your desktop.

If necessary, do the dragging and dropping in Safe Mode.

Please download ComboFix and Save it to your Desktop.

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

First, we need to install the Windows Recovery Console.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery(repair) mode, if needed. This allows us to help you in the case that your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware. Also, ComboFix will not address certain types of malware unless the RC is installed. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

Download the file from this Microsoft page:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Do not be concerned that this file is for SP2 if you have SP3. It will work just fine on your system.

Save it as it is originally named to your Desktop.

Now close all open windows and programs, including all antivirus and antispyware programs. Get help here

Then drag the setup package onto ComboFix.exe and drop it. Follow the prompts to start ComboFix and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Recovery Console.

As part of installing the Recovery Console, ComboFix will begin to run. Your desktop may disappear. This is normal. It will return.

ComboFix will now automatically install the Windows Recovery Console onto your computer, which will show up as a new option when booting up your computer. Do not select the Windows Recovery Console option when you start your computer unless requested to by a helper.

Once the Recovery Console is installed, this blue window will appear:

Please continue as follows:
Close/disable all antivirus and antispyware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Get help here
Please click Yes to continue scanning for malware.
Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.
When the tool is finished, it will produce a log for you.

Please post that log, C:\ComboFix.txt, in your next reply.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/no-exes-will-open-bad-image-error-and-virus-created-administrator-profile-461750.html
Relevancy 82.99%

hi, today i strted cleaning my pc from trojans. so i had to go to safemode to clean proper (still far from it ). okay so i start in safe and i notice there are 2 admins. HP_Admin and just admin. okay was fine, was puzzeld as to why but okay. i made a new admin account and deleated them both. well my pc shuts down on its own.(has been doing it since i got trojan.) and i start up in safe mode to run another scan, and to my surprise there is yet another admin profile. now my quetion is. does windowsXP make a defult admin profile for safemode? and why can i not see it out of safemode. I tried to got to user accounts to deleat it and it is no there. i can only see it at the choose user profile in safemode bootup.

Relevancy 82.99%

Hi everyone!

I moved a user who was originally outside of the domain, *into* the domain. The problem is that upon moving it, the profile didn't follow. I'm thinking there's a folder somewhere that holds these old values and I would be able to copy from old to new.....can someone point me to where this old file resides, or is there a better way to achieve my objective?

Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/move-old-profile-after-adding-to-domain.1049750/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey everyone,
I am having an issue with Outlook 2007 on a Windows Vista Business 64-bit OS. I am switching computers in my office and currently have someone else's Outlook email and profile setup on my new machine and my profile on the old one. Long story short, I'm looking to remove my profile from my old one and initialize it one my new one. How is this accomplished? (Also, the email account I'm interested in syncing with outlook is provided by a third party so I have no idea about this stuff)

A:Move Outlook profile from one computer another

Hi Sparticus039

See if these links help with your move:
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup2007.asp
http://www.slipstick.com/config/move_outlook.asp
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040423.htm

Let us know if that works for you or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/move-outlook-profile-from-one-computer-another.914104/
Relevancy 82.99%

Some things arent working so well anymore in my current User Profile it is a local account with administrator privileges so want to to 10: user move a Windows profile new I I decided to create a new one and basically make that my main one transfer all data over and then delete this one Now the way I figured it for the contents of my Windows 10: I want to move to a new user profile personal files folders like Documents Pictures Videos Music and Downloads all I need to do is cut the content from my current C Users Currentprofilename folder and paste them into the respective folders of the same name located in C Users Newprofilename Same counts for the contents of the Desktop folder obviously Windows 10: I want to move to a new user profile But the complicated part is moving the contents of the hidden AppData folder which contains the Local LocalLow and Roaming folders I understand these contain the installation directories for many games and programs that I have installed and contain personal user settings as well Can I just move them over after deleting the AppData folder of the new profile first I tried and I kept getting certain issues like quot file is in use cant be moved quot or quot file not found quot What am I doing wrong

A:Windows 10: I want to move to a new user profile

Hi please see here but scroll past the fix registry part How to Fix A Corrupt User Profile in Windows 10

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-i-want-to-move-to-a-new-user-profile-1124081.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello.

i just had my computer hit by thunder but the HD are still readable. so i bought a new one installed all the apps i had on the previous one. now, i would like to recover my profile as it took my weeks to do it and keep every configuration of the different emails etc ... at first i was thinking to copy paste the folder as this was working fine under windows xp, but i experienced some bad reaction while doing this. is there a way to do this without losing the previous config ?

thanks for your help

A:How can a move a profile to a new computer after a crash ?

Quote: Originally Posted by tugz

Hello.

i just had my computer hit by thunder but the HD are still readable. so i bought a new one installed all the apps i had on the previous one. now, i would like to recover my profile as it took my weeks to do it and keep every configuration of the different emails etc ... at first i was thinking to copy paste the folder as this was working fine under windows xp, but i experienced some bad reaction while doing this. is there a way to do this without losing the previous config ?

thanks for your help

What parts of your profile are important?

Docs/Music/Pics etc can just be copied over to their respective folders

What email app where you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/185253-how-can-move-profile-new-computer-after-crash.html
Relevancy 82.99%

First, owing to my own ignorance and arrogance, I completely hosed my main user account. I created another one which is able to run my programs.

I want to move my Firefox profile from my old user to my new user. I went to the Mozilla support site but either I didn't understand or the info was wrong. According to those instructions I created a new profile in the new user and then copied the profile from olduser\Roaming\Mozilla\Profiles to newuser\Roaming\Mozilla\Profiles. According to what I read, this was to solve the issue. Not. Obviously there is a lot I don't understand.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

A:How to move a Firefox profile to new user?

I've seen people link to a program called Mozbackup that does exactly what you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/111304-how-move-firefox-profile-new-user.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello Last year my computer hard drive crashed and a friend helped recover our files and cloaned everything onto a hard drive he had on hand about gb Well this week the hard drive suddenly became full can't back Created, Full- one get Temp old Profile Hard Drive User and the comp went from working perfectly to well not I woke up one morning to find that it wouldnt open any files programs etc because disk was too full I rebooted cause that fixes everything right and it wouldnt load my user profile it said it was loading a temporary profile because my disk was too full to load mine This temp profile is very generic no internet or programs loaded and obviously none of my personal files I was able to find my files by going through quot my computer quot and finding them somehow so I know they are there Anyway I ve deleted programs and files not easy when it wont DO anything and free d up some space The problem now Hard Drive Full- Temp User Profile Created, can't get old one back is I can not get my original profile back I thought once there was enough space on the hard drive it would just come back after a reboot but it doesnt There is one user profile who i m on now that remained intact Wierd So the big question is HOW DO I RESTORE MY ORIGINAL PROFILE

A:Hard Drive Full- Temp User Profile Created, can't get old one back

no one can help?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371303/hard-drive-full-temp-user-profile-created-cant-get-old-one-back/
Relevancy 82.13%

Help! I was setting up a new Windows NT 4.0 SP5 machine and in my hast have accidentally removed the administrator profile. We are using AutoLogin in the registry and now I can't edit the registry to take AutoLogin off.
Is there a way for me to edit the registry in DOS? Is there any software I can download? All I need to do is remove the autologin and then be able to login as the administrator. I would rather not have to reload the machine from scratch. If I attrib the winnt directory and copy system.dat and user.dat, can I edit on another machine? Please help ASAP if you can..

Thanks,
Shawn Haley
Systems Analyst
Royal Doulton USA

A:Lost Admin Profile - NEED HELP

if the machine is on the network you can use regedt32 to connect to the registry remotely and then remove the autologin.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-admin-profile-need-help.44594/
Relevancy 82.13%

I have three profiles on my Win7 PC; myself (Administrator), my Wife, and the Kids; both of which are Limited.

Every once in a while one of them needs to ask me to install a program or sometimes I log in to their account to clean up their desktop of shortcuts they dont need.

My question is when I just log in normally I can't just right click on the icons and delete since it says I need admin privvies. Well I am an admin. Why isn't there a dialog box or some way to work within the "Limited" User Account but with elevated admin privledges?

Same goes for installing programs.

As of now I have to log into MY account and temporarily change their user statuses to Administrator, log into their accounts, take care of buisness, log out and back into my account, then remove the Admin rights.

This is just annoying...

A:How to log in as Admin on a profile set to Limited

Quote: Originally Posted by 211

I have three profiles on my Win7 PC; myself (Administrator), my Wife, and the Kids; both of which are Limited.

Every once in a while one of them needs to ask me to install a program or sometimes I log in to their account to clean up their desktop of shortcuts they dont need.

My question is when I just log in normally I can't just right click on the icons and delete since it says I need admin privvies. Well I am an admin. Why isn't there a dialog box or some way to work within the "Limited" User Account but with elevated admin privledges?

Same goes for installing programs.

As of now I have to log into MY account and temporarily change their user statuses to Administrator, log into their accounts, take care of buisness, log out and back into my account, then remove the Admin rights.

This is just annoying...

When you logon to the " limited " account, the system does not know it is the " almighy " admin logging on ( joking ).
All it knows is a user with limited privileges and valid password has logged on.
Therefore, when the " user " wants to do something that is beyond the privilege restriction, the system will ask for admin permission. Hence the dialog box.

That is how it is supposed to work.
All you have to do is either enter your admin password, or click Continue. Then you can proceed to do what you want to do in that limited account.
You don't need to change their accounts to admin in order to do waht you want to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/169612-how-log-admin-profile-set-limited.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Dear all admin Deleted profile I would really appreciate some help with a problem caused by utter stupidity on my part My parents just bought a new Dell laptop with Windows Vista bit and because they are getting on a bit I'd offered to set it up to their liking At Deleted admin profile one point they commented on having to log on every time on start up so I set about changing this To change it to an automatic login I went to the start menu search and typed quot netplwiz quot getting me to the User Account Control There I proceeded in my hurry to make them happy rather than check the automatic login to delete the only login on the computer I then happily rebooted it not realising my mistake until it restarted and asked for a password and then notifying me that no passwords had been found but that I still needed one The situation now is thus - The login page recognises the username but not the correspondent password - It recognises no other users - It requires a password to log in - No password recovery disk was made prior to my brainless actions Is there anything that I can do to solve this I cannot imagine it was that easy to delete the only admin account on the computer by mistake and shutting oneself out complete and irrevokeably Any and all help would be greatly appreciated Kind regards Paaskonijn

A:Deleted admin profile

Do a system restore to a point before you deleted the account.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/235004-deleted-admin-profile.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi So my laptop was pretty messed up and i had to reinstal Windows Had a clean laptop for two days then tried to turn it on and got a message saying an error occured and it can't read the hard disk ctr alt del to restart Win7 (admin) on log to Can't profile my this was the reason i had to reinstal I restarted and it booted but now it says it can't log on to my user account which Can't log on to my profile (admin) Win7 is the only account on this laptop I only get this message and OK button which takes me to log on screen Tried everything like checking for errors - an error occurs and it can't run that Tried system restore - again error Tried to delete create new user account - it does nothing when i click on those options in control panel Tried regedit - the search won't find regedit went to windows Can't log on to my profile (admin) Win7 folder found command com but it won't let me use it Oh and in safe mode everytime i access My computer i get a big error saying C Windows system config systemprofile Desktop refears to a location that is unavailable It could be on hard drive on this computer or on network Any thoughts

A:Can't log on to my profile (admin) Win7

Hi
Welcome to Seven Forums
Have a look at this thread from Microsoft Forums - Microsoft Answers
Noticed that you are unable to create another account - have you tried enabling the hidden Admin account?

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

Once you are a able to create another account you can follow the following from Microsoft - Fix A Corrupted User Profile

Quote:
Fix a corrupted user profile

Your user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you want it to. It contains your settings for desktop backgrounds, screen savers, pointer preferences, sound settings, and other features. User profiles ensure that your personal preferences are used whenever you log on to Windows. If you tried to log on to Windows and received an error message telling you that your user profile might be corrupted, you can try to repair it. You will need to create a new profile, and then copy the files from the existing profile to the new one.
To create a new user profile

To create a new user profile, you must first create a new user account. When the account is created, a profile is also created.
The steps that you should follow will vary, depending on whether your computer is on a domain or a workgroup. To find out, see "To check if your computer is on a workgroup or domain" in What is the difference between a domain, a workgroup, and a homegroup?
Hide all
My computer is on a domain

Open Microsoft Management Console by clicking the Start button , typing mmc into the search box, and then pressing Enter.* If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
In the left pane of Microsoft Management Console, click Local Users and Groups.
If you don't see Local Users and Groups

If you don't see Local Users and Groups, it's probably because that snap-in hasn't been added to Microsoft Management Console. Follow these steps to install it: In Microsoft Management Console, click the File menu, and then click Add/Remove Snap-in.
Click Local Users and Groups, and then click Add.
Click Local computer, click Finish, and then click OK.

Click the Users folder.
Click the Action menu, and then click New User.
Type the appropriate information in the dialog box, and then click Create.
When you are finished creating user accounts, click Close.

My computer is in a workgroup

Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety, and then clicking User Accounts.
Click Manage another account. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Click Create a new account.
Type the name you want to give the user account, click an account type, and then click Create Account.

To copy files to the new user profile

After you create the profile, you can copy the files from the existing profile. You must have at least three user accounts on the computer to complete these steps, including the new account you just created.

Log on as a user other than the new user you just created or the user that you want to copy files from.
Open the My Documents folder by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Computer. Double-click the hard disk drive that Windows is installed on (it's usually your C: drive), double-click Users, double-click the folder with the name of your account, and then double-click My Documents.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Option... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/120769-cant-log-my-profile-admin-win7.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I XP as Profile admin Working Not have profiles set up on my PC Two are set up as admin users and one is set up as a limited user The limited user and one admin profile are working correctly however the third profile is giving me problems It will log in with the correct password and appears to load the profile XP Profile Not Working as admin However when you try to open a program it says windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item If I set the same profile to a limited user it will open programs firefox ie etc I have ran the gambit of spyware detectors and found them all to be clean SAS MB Spybot HJT and combofix I did just find this entry in the Event Log which may or may not identify the issue Event Type ErrorEvent Source UserenvEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time PMUser Computer Description Windows cannot load the user s profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system DETAIL - Access is denied For more information see Help and Support Center at This seems to indicate that I have a corrupted profile -- http www microsoft com technet support e v amp LCID Any idea of how to find this backup to the profile Anyone concur that this it what seems to be the problem

A:XP Profile Not Working as admin

I also would say that the original profile is corrupt, based on my limited experience.

There is a copy of the ntuser.dat file in C:\Windows\Repair on my system. I suppose that can be used to replace the damaged ntuser.dat file which appears in your personal Docs & Settings.

I think I would backup the profile contents...in case using the new file results in a wipeout.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180233/xp-profile-not-working-as-admin/
Relevancy 82.13%

Yesterday I changed the name of my main (and only) profile. Today I tried logging on with the new name and I can't get in. I can login using my old username but I am no longer an admin, can't access any of my folders, and cannot change anything in the user profiles without admin user/pass. I can't login as admin because I never turned the option on either. I've tried logging on as admin, administrator and default but I can't get any of them to work. Anything I can do?

A:Admin Profile Problems

Yes, System Restore to before you made the change.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/103543-admin-profile-problems.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi Experts

I have upgraded my old laptop that has windows 7 ultimate and outlook 2010 used for work domain (IMAP not POP3) ,,,,,I backuped the outlook profile from this location below :

C:\Users\nelson\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

Then I copied the backup to a new laptop that has windows 7 ultimate and outlook 2010 as well and to same location above.

sending and receiving emails working fine but I lost the auto complete email addresses from the new laptop

Wouldn't copy the complete profile should copy every thing (email,setting ,calender,,,,etc ) ?

Thanks

Relevancy 82.13%

Hi to you all Can someone tell me how to transfer my "Main account Profiles, Settings Desktop shortcuts and Passwords etc from my Main account the ( A1 )account Profile) to another User Account on My PC called (B2) Using using Windows 8.1 I also have an Admin account and a Microsoft Account. The original account ( A1 ) just stopped loading at log-in saying "Cannot open Cannot Load - user profile" so I have had to use another Account (B2) but all my stuff Mainly all the shortcuts to my Doc.s Etc and Icons are on the ( A1 ) profile Desktop, thanks guys

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/39972-how-can-move-my-profile-another-user-account-delete.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi All
I have a mouse and keyboard corruption which I haven't been able to fix.Tried uninstall and install the drivers lots of times and restored to an earlier point, no joy.
Consequently I created a new user and the mouse and keyboard are working perfect.
How could I use/share any programs/applications I have installed and use in the newly creted profile?
Thanks

A:move all installed applications/programs to new profile

Am I allowed to bump my two week old post?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/46854-move-all-installed-applications-programs-new-profile.html
Relevancy 81.7%

We have users on roaming User temporary profile? logs Enterprise - different machines/no - Windows in 3 profile 7 with Windows nbsp Enterprise machines nbsp No one has a roaming profile Users cannot install programs nbsp The users move around so they don't use the same machine all the time and there may be profiles on one machine nbsp They don't always logout but the machines are restarted once a week at least nbsp nbsp Occasionally we may delete profiles on the machines but this is a remote site so we seldom do nbsp Users primarily use remote apps served up either by Citrix or web interface nbsp Little is done locally other than printing nbsp All machines are imaged with the same software All users do the same thing Windows 7 Enterprise - User logs in with temporary profile - 3 different machines/no roaming profile? nbsp One user in an office of six machines can only login to three of the machines with a temporary profile nbsp nbsp She has nbsp no profile under Users nbsp There is no bak registry entry nbsp I cannot locate anything in the registry that points to this user nbsp I checked HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE MICROSOFT WINDOWSNT CURRENT VERSION PROFILELIST nbsp There were profiles but none for this user nbsp No bak profiles for her nothing nbsp I found a post that suggested increasing registry size reboot but still no clue nbsp This has been going on for months and she just let me know but I don't know if she called the help desk and they did something before nbsp Event log has errors saying nbsp Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - nbsp user registry handles leaked from winlogon exe svchost exe Any suggestiosn

A:Windows 7 Enterprise - User logs in with temporary profile - 3 different machines/no roaming profile?

Thanks.  She's working on the computer and does not logoff and back on quickly.  I just rechecked and there absolutely is not a .bak with her name.  On either computer.  I did find one for Temp and one for another user so now I have a
second user getting the profile issue.  I renamed that one and when the other user logged in, he got his profile. 

Guess I will just re-image the computers although I'd like to figure it out but I don't have the spare time to waste and don't want my user to keep getting the temp profile.  My company won't pay for the support and frankly, in all the years I've
been in IT, I've never had MS resolve one issue for me.  Not worth paying for.  Oh well, thanks for your suggestions.  If I have time to devote to this and figure anything else out, I will post the answer. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c119e866-e41e-4f0c-a605-6f205bb8498e/windows-7-enterprise-user-logs-in-with-temporary-profile-3-different-machinesno-roaming?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 81.7%

OK I read the past forums and saw this problem addressed, but never answered.

I believe my Admin profile is messing up, but in an undefinable way.

I recently lost the ability to use most of the after-market programs installed on my cpu. When i try to open them, they ask for serial numbers. However, they do not accept the serial numbers when I type them in. When I try to uninstall them, I noticed I do not have install/uninstall privileges. And most do not show up in add/remove hardware. I also lost access to my Outlook Express mailboxes. And my desktop looks screwy.

I have only one user account: "Administrator," but it seems I've lost my Administrator privileges. System Restore only goes back to the date it occurred.

Is there a way to get full admin access or at least make the cpu recognize the programs it shows on the desktop?

TIA
BMac

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-profile-w-o-admin-powers.706552/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi After experiencing some blue screens graphics driver related I reverted back to and this morning decided to give the card a good clean This is my main PC which has Windows Home Premium Q GTX Somehow I managed to corrupt my user profile and received the User Profile Service failed the logon message Following the advice to boot in using Safe Mode showed only my profile with no access to the registry editor or command line I then rebooted in safe mode with command line and enabled the built in administrator account The next reboot into safe mode showed my account and other Since mine is the only account that I have set up and I am not able to create a new account the Control Panel user account options do not work I The Service profile mode, failed User Profile Safe only my logon. the have no idea what to do next I The User Profile Service failed the logon. Safe mode, only my profile would prefer not to have to perform a fresh install so any help would be gratefully received John

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. Safe mode, only my profile

Logon as built-in "administrator" account in safe mode. Works?
Logon as built-in "administrator" account in normal mode. Works?

If working.... create a new fresh admin account.

Post results

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316786-user-profile-service-failed-logon-safe-mode-only-my-profile.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello all,
I am having the user profile service error failed the logon, user profile cannot be loaded while trying to logon to a domain user name with Windows 7. I have tried unjoining the domain and rejoining and that didn't work. I have also tried looking in the
Local Registry under profilepath and that profile isn't even listed (because it's never even been logged onto that particular PC). I really need to get this working. Is there anything else I can do?
Thank you,
Shauna

shauna dixon

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f3d6f57f-6b88-4c28-9344-f808777e5968/user-profile-error-profile-will-not-load-tried-the-microsoft-suggestions-and-didnt-help?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

I have a user that has now left our company and would therefore like to delete their roaming profile from the profiles folder on our server.

I have deleted their account from Active Directory and have then tried to delete their profile from the roaming profiles folder. But when I do this I get the access denied message, the reason being that the file may be open or I do not have sufficient rights. I have also taken ownership of the folder so I have all the correct permissions.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks,

A:Access Denied when I try to delete a users roaming profile from the profile share ?

Hello,

Try to reset the permissions of the folder, and then make sure you have ownership of the sub folders to.

What OS are you using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-denied-when-i-try-to-delete-a-users-roaming-profile-from-the-profile-share.675028/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hey guys,

Yesterday, I shut down my computer. A few hours later when trying to log back in, I get logged onto a blank profile, which I assume is a temporary profile.

Curiously the ProfileImagePath string under key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-21-842173820-3506557639-1618326103-1004 is pointing to C:\Users\Mike_2.Mike-PC instead of C:\Users\Mike_2, which I assume is a temporary/alternate profile. (which I didn't create)

This has happened before, but usually a few restarts fixed the problem, however, that doesn't seem to be working now.

My question is, is there a way to reassociate the profile with the correct user folder? Or do I have to transfer everything over to a clean profile?

A:Solved: User profile dissasociated from account/logging onto temporary profile?

Its not an association issue, the user profile is corrupt, and is replaced by a temporary one.

Best thing to do is create a new user account, and migrate to that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-profile-dissasociated-from-account-logging-onto-temporary-profile.917694/
Relevancy 81.7%

All I want to preface this inquiry with the following this is a home lab environment and does not affect production systems in any way Any information provided will be tested in a test VM prior to execution on any critical system I recently joined my primary home system to my lab domain I wanted to retain all of the settings and configurations of my local system but use a domain account to login I followed this migration write-up Step by Step Migrate Local User Profile to Domain User Profile with all Settings The gist of the migration involves adding the domain user to the ACL for the C Users localUser with Full Control and propagate those permissions through the folder This step worked without issue Then profile size local after domain and Explorer longer cache to profile migrating works location no modify the ACL for the HKCU hive by adding the domain user to the ACL with Full Control and propagate those permissions Explorer size and location cache no longer works after migrating local profile to domain profile through the hive This step appears to work but some keys cannot be modified Finally we change the ProfileImagePath for the domain user SID under HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList and reboot The change appears to have worked without issue All of my settings are intact and the look and feel is as expected One very significant problem however is that the window explorer exe size and location cache is not functioning If I click on Explorer size and location cache no longer works after migrating local profile to domain profile File Explorer the window opens as usual but the layout is using tiles while I prefer the Details view I change to the details view and make some other changes close the window re-open the window and it's back to the initial layout with tiles and the size is set back to a smaller default I did some research and significant reading on the Shell Bags and BagMRU registry hives and how they work I read Annanya Podder's response to remove the Bags and BagMRU folders and recreate them with default configurations Windows doesn't remember size and position of previously opened programs This does not resolve the issue however I opened ProcMon and started a trace while opening resizing closing and re-opening a File Explorer window and there are no registry queries or writes of data to any of the bag hives which leads me to believe there's something corrupt with the registry If I perform the same trace on a functioning Windows VM or even with another profile on the affected machine I see queries and even writes to the Shell Bags registry hive The affected profile doesn't even try to query those hives or otherwise write to them and there are no 'ACCESS DENIED' or 'NAME NOT FOUND' results in the ProcMon output I exported the HKCU hive prior to making any changes but I cannot update a loaded hive with the export I receive an error that the key or subkeys could not be updated I did not however save a copy of the old NTuser dat file but the HKCU export should have that data no I'm at the point now where I can go along to get along but I'm curious if anyone could guide me down any additional troubleshooting routes to figure this out The size and location cache used to work without issue but after the migration it's not functional As a system admin I use file explorer a lot and having to resize the window every time I open it is going to be painful Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly welcome Regards Ron Arestia MCSA Server Ron Arestia MCSA Server

A:Explorer size and location cache no longer works after migrating local profile to domain profile

I figured out my own issue. Don'tcha love it when that happens?
I logged into the affected machine as the domain administrator, and when I loaded the ntuser.dat hive for the affected user, I noticed that the \Software\Classes key didn't exist. It did, however, exist for the logged on user and it appears to correlate
directly to the key under HKU\[SID]_Classes.
On a hunch, I logged back into the affected profile, drilled down to HKU\[SID]_Classes, and when I checked the permissions, I noticed that the domain user did not have explicit permissions to the key and subkeys. I added Full Control permissions, propagated
them through the key and subkeys, rebooted, et voila! Everything is back to the way it should be.
I'll be leaving a comment for Mahdi Tehrani to ensure this is done to prevent issues like I had.Ron Arestia, MCSA (Server 2012)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a6c274a5-fa33-4e56-a1e7-e31c1eab6816/explorer-size-and-location-cache-no-longer-works-after-migrating-local-profile-to-domain-profile?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 81.7%

when i try to create a new user profile logon_user profile be user cannot loaded service_service profile failed the with or without a password it shows up on the main login page but when i click on it user profile service_service failed the logon_user profile cannot be loaded to open the message quot UserProfileService service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded quot i have searched microsoft support with little solutions listed and the ones that are listed seem too technical for me to be trying on my own there are many posts there with this problem but they all seem to be several years old are there any current fixes to this problem i am using windows i have never been able to create any accounts other than my administrator account amp the one account i use for all my general computer use i have been using norton with no problems i have resorted to just using any quot log in log out links on all the sites my husband wants to use i am really not all that confident doing anything super technical to fix this since i don t have a real understanding of different extensions or types of files i am afraid i could really mess everything up really bad but it would just be SO MUCH EASIER amp FASTER if i had my account amp my husband had his own account if you can help me out with a fairly easy fix here i would be so happy and if you post an answer to this post please speak like you would to a year old i don t know most terms but if i was helped every step of the way i m confident i can do this myself that is if there really is a solution to this problem thank you kelly nbsp

A:user profile service_service failed the logon_user profile cannot be loaded

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-service_service-failed-the-logon_user-profile-cannot-be-loaded.1077117/
Relevancy 81.7%

okay this is strange

so I was on my desktop main account and then let my dad log on to a guest account I recently created for him since his laptop isn't working, then when I came back I logged onto my profile I couldn't open any browser, in the case of firefox this came up (firefox can't load host something, missing profile) and chrome (your preferences cannot be read)

then I couln't open some shorcuts (windows cannot find the target. and my utorrent setting reset as well, like if I had never used it, BUT the guest account works perfectly.

I'm able to open firefox with open as administrator but all addons, bookmarks are gone, I can't open the document, picture, and music links on the start menu either

any help is appreciated

A:browsers can't load profile settings on main windows profile

I think I fixed the problem, I did a system restore and everything seems to be working fine

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422573/browsers-cant-load-profile-settings-on-main-windows-profile/
Relevancy 81.7%

windows cannot load users profile but has logged you on wit default profile

This computer is a memeber of the company domain and we have been logging on with the same user for years. I am able to login in safe moded with this user.

I have tried to rename the user folder in the document and settings folder. I followed the advice in this article
http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/windows-xp-support/227832-windows-cannot-load-users-profile-but-has-logged-default-profile.html

That didn't get me anywhere.

Thanks
Richard

A:windows cannot load users profile but has logged you on wit default profile

I would assume that the profile is damaged...create a new one...moved files from old to new.

Copy Data from a Corrupted User Profile to a New Profile in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356290/windows-cannot-load-users-profile-but-has-logged-you-on-wit-default-profile/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello I have an issue that I need serious help with roaming not profile data locally Local - saved profile The user is my boss nuff said He Local profile data not saved locally - roaming profile has been using a laptop with windows professional for some time now and recently he reported to me that when he undocks his laptop and takes it on the road for example he does not see his desktop icons quick launch etc If he saves a file to the desktop for example it is gone once he logs off or reboots We recently got him a new laptop running windows enterprise and are still seeing the same issue Now we are using roaming profiles in our environment and I am considering moving him to a local profile as this is really the only machine that he uses Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix his local profile I want to say that it either related to GPOs or his user account as this happens on two different machines As far as redirection we have his documents redirecting to his home folder but there are not other user policies applying to his account Thank you for your time and advice in advance

A:Local profile data not saved locally - roaming profile

The reason this is happening is that he is part of a domain likely, and when you are away from the network the computer cannot login into the Domain. He will have to switch his profile to local.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357722/local-profile-data-not-saved-locally-roaming-profile/
Relevancy 81.7%

Deal all,

i need urgent help. i shut down my Pc normally at my work and when i started today morning and put my user name and login , a windows apears with the following message.

WINDOWS CANNOT LOAD THE USER'S PROFILE BUT HAS LOGGED ON WITH THE DEFAULT PROFILE FOR THE SYSTEM DETAIL- THE SYSTEN CANNOT FINE THE PATH SPECIFIED

please tell me how can i get my profile back to work normally as before.

thanks

A:Windows Cannot Load The User's Profile But Has Logged On With The Default Profile

Have you read this KB article?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-load-the-users-profile-but-has-logged-on-with-the-default-profile.690818/
Relevancy 81.7%

I followed the tutorial here User Profile - Change Default Location and it worked beautifully All my user docs are on the D drive and the Start button entires all point to the new location HOWEVER when I tried to log in this mornias wand was faced with my normal log in prompt for a password to my profile it accepted it and then told me quot The user profile service failed to login User profile cannot be loaded It's the only account so I cannot get in via another account I assume it's looking for something on the D drive instead of the C drive or vice versa But I carefully followed the tutorial I assume one registry setting is off ProfileImagePath I can only now get in via F options I tried safe mode but there is no regedit in safe mode And it won't let me create a User the profile failed service login - cannot loaded HELP! profile be new account I can rebuild yet again win has not been kind to me but not sure if my last image was before or after the user profile change Are there other boot HELP! User profile service failed the login - profile cannot be loaded f boot options to get me out of the jam

A:HELP! User profile service failed the login - profile cannot be loaded

Via the help panel I can now get into regedit.... But now what?

I looked at steps 10 to 14 on the tutorial and I have the correct registry setting, ie ProfileImagePath pointing to D:\users\media

So is there another registry item to change?

The ProfilesDirectory key says %systemdrive%\users. Should it be changed to d:\users??

The tutorial went on to say I could delete my c:/users/media folder....which I have not done yet, so I don't thinks it's that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/186030-help-user-profile-service-failed-login-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I am trying to rename a user profile under C Users I am logged into the Administrator profile on my computer and am getting an error under profile profile Unable folder Administrator user rename to that the folder or file is in use so I cannot rename it I have tried multiple options to fix it after researching online I tried ending the quot explorer exe quot process and then restarting it via quot new task quot in task manager It was suggested that this would quot unlock quot the file or folder for a short period of time It did not work for me I tried clearing both my recycle bin and my quot Thumbnails quot folders from Disk Cleanup That also did not work for me I was going to try to disable thumbnail Unable to rename user profile folder under Administrator profile caching temporarily by following instructions online but the computer was unable to locate quot gpedit msc quot Could anyone advise This is a very important step of a process I'm being worked with on in a separate thread and I cannot proceed until I have renamed this file and am afraid to restart the computer since I've just done a quot takeown quot command on this Administrator profile

A:Unable to rename user profile folder under Administrator profile

Boot into Safe Mode and try again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-rename-user-profile-folder-under-administrator-profile-575840.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Deal all,

i need urgent help. i shut down my Pc normally at my work and when i started today morning and put my user name and login , a windows apears with the following message.

WINDOWS CANNOT LOAD THE USER'S PROFILE BUT HAS LOGGED ON WITH THE DEFAULT PROFILE FOR THE SYSTEM DETAIL- THE SYSTEN CANNOT FINE THE PATH SPECIFIED.

remember that i am having windows XP

please tell me how can i get my profile back to work normally as before.

thanks

A:Windows Cannot Load The User's Profile But Has Logged On With The Default Profile

Corruption of the user profile can be a pain to sort out, especially if it’s the index file that’s failed. SOMETIMES, however, simply logging off, leaving the computer at the ‘Press Ctrl+Alt+Del’ screen for about 30 seconds or so, then logging in as usual, can solve this without any further intervention, so I’d suggest giving that a go first.

Further suggestions are a bit more involved.

Log in as another user with administrative rights (such as Administrator) and then open the My Computer icon and navigate to the local hard disk and into the Documents and Settings folder. Look there for the folder which has the same name as the user who’s profile cannot be loaded and go into it. You may have to unhide hidden files and folders (from the Tools menu, select Folder Options and then the View tab, then, in the Advanced Settings box, under Hidden Files and Folders select ‘Show hidden files and folders’) and then locate the file NTUSER.DAT and rename it NTUSER.OLD, then log out, and back in as the failed user. This should replace the corrupted file and allow you to log back in.

If that fails for any reason, again, log in as another user with administrative rights (such as Administrator) and then open the My Computer icon and navigate to the local hard disk and into the Documents and Settings folder. Look there for the folder which has the same name as the user who’s profile cannot be loaded and rename the folder; usually here, I’d add .OLD to the end of the existing folder name, so if your user name is JOHNSMITH, change the folder name to JOHNSMITH.OLD. Then, log out and back in as the failed user. This will create a new profile for the user from scratch. Once successfully logged in, log out and back in as the Administrator user (or the user with admin rights that you logged in as before) and repeat the above steps, this time renaming the user’s folder .NEW, and then taking the .OLD off the folder you created last time, then log back in as the failed user again.

If that fails, then the quickest way to get back up and running is to take a new profile, and rebuild it manually back to how it used to be before it corrupted, so log back in as the user with local admin rights, rename the failed user’s existing folder .OLD, and remove the .NEW suffix from the other folder, then log back in as the failed user and move any local files from the <username>.OLD folder, into the new profile. Local files would include any shortcuts or folders from Desktop, as well as the ‘My Documents’ folder.

Hopefully, there should be something there that allows you to log back in successfully.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-cannot-load-the-users-profile-but-has-logged-on-with-the-default-profile-227832.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi, I'm trying to copy a "dummy" admin profile in Win7 that i have specificly created and configured to the default user profile but the copy to... option is greyed out.
Any help would be greately appreciated.
Thanks.

Relevancy 81.27%

I deleted a profile and restarted my computer then tried to log in to my admin account and it would not let me in.
I'v been to a bunch of websites and done everything with the command prompt that i could on my brothers limited account.
can't get in at all, need help bad all the family photos are on my account and their not shared so im stuck and i cant work with my brothers account because it can not do admin things.

Notes:
windows xp pro
limited account only
no reinstallment disc

HELP!!!!!

A:Solved: Locked out of admin profile

Hi and Welcome,
While working on the other issues, you could use a linux (Ubuntu) live CD to recover your important photos to external media.
Guide with screenshots http://www.techsupportforum.com/alt...use-ubuntu-superos-recover-files-windows.html

The version of Ubuntu may be different but the process is the same.

Hope this helps?

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-locked-out-of-admin-profile.968289/
Relevancy 81.27%

Please - account no profile user admin help I ve been getting the quot user profile service user profile - no admin account failed the logon quot error message on my account which was the admin account All of user profile - no admin account the solutions posted online require you to be logged in as an administrator in order user profile - no admin account to execute them So far I ve tried fixing user profile editing system registry etc as per this page http support microsoft com kb en-US wa wsignin can t from a standard user account creating a new account and transferring data can t from a standard user account restoring system to previous point using command prompts can t from a standard user account enabling the quot hidden quot admin account can t as a standard user being stressed and grumpy I can do this fine but it s not effective at solving the problem I don t seem to be able to do anything as a standard user on the only account left and every time it prompts for my admin password it won t let me go any further What do I do We have loads of photos and documents which haven t been backed up yet yes yes don t even say it and so I don t want to just reset the whole thing or risk losing anything Any advice Thank you in advance nbsp

A:user profile - no admin account

Restart the machine in the "Safe mode"
Use the "Administrator" account and password if you set one up. If you did NOT set up a password, then just use the "enter" key when in the password box.
Once up and running in the safe mode, you should be able to make a new account of the admin group.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-no-admin-account.1142637/
Relevancy 81.27%

This happened last night. I'm using Windows XP Home Edition.

I was rebooting my laptop as usual. I typed in the password and Windows loaded. But, Windows did not load my admin profile which I have been using before. Instead, it loaded a temporary profile with this error message appeared :

Windows cannot find 'RVHOST.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a files, click the button, and the click Search.

The temporary profile was just a mere blank profile with less icons on the desktop unlike my admin profile before. I also couldn't see my photos, videos, documents, etc in My Documents but I could locate them through Search and could view them normally.

Why did this happen? How do I solve this and get Windows to load back my admin profile which I have been using before? Hope someone can help.

The temporary profile

A:Windows did not load admin profile.

That message appears to be largely associated with malware.

Please read and comply with this guide then post a new item in the Spyware section; http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-did-not-load-admin-profile-421906.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi All

Last night my computer kept sticking at the welcome page after the password was entered. After restarting it a few times, it ended up sticking on a black screen with a white cursor.

After googling for help I ran a startup repair which said there were no problems but every time I try to log into the profile now it takes me to a temporary profile.

I have managed to create a standard profile now as I originally only had an admin profile and can see that the files and documents are still there on the admin profile.

I just want to know how I can fix the admin profile if anyone can help me please?

hope I've provided enough info, sorry if I haven't

many thanks,

lee

A:Vista admin profile problem SP2

Hi and welcome to TSF you may be able to run a repair like this http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html and this may be another possibility to let you sort things http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...r_activate.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-admin-profile-problem-sp2-466068.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free internet access with Can only Admin Profile - MB Motherboard eMachines EL G Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled Hello I recently tried to watch a show on couch tuner com and inadvertently clicked the wrong link which attempted to download a video player i did not want or need Ever since then I have been unable to access internet in any of the Standard user profiles for my son my wife or my standard profile I created a new profile and it also Can only access internet with Admin Profile will not connect Every time I attempt to connect I am given a page that says page Can only access internet with Admin Profile not available or page not available because you are not connected to internet although I clearly am I can connect when in admin profile although it is getting quite slower than usual I use Chrome web browser and am connected to internet via Google Fiber Free Internet WiFi connected via Belkin wireless USB adapter I have done a couple searches on this issue but have unable to find any real useful information I did notice several programs were installed ont he day the problems started and I have uninstalled them all I have run Mcafee antivirus and Spybot S amp D the issue still remains This computer is at my wife and son s apartment which I visit regularly but not everyday so there may be some possible lag between responses I appreciate your aid Can only access internet with Admin Profile Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-only-access-internet-with-admin-profile.1138468/
Relevancy 81.27%

Ok, we've moved all our users to a new domain and for all but one I was able to use a migration tool to do all the grunt work.

However one users already had a profile on the new domain so I was not able to migrate their old info over using the tool so I have to do it manually.

This is something I have only done a few times and none of them recently.

Someone have a link to a guide or how-to for this or can explain in in easy steps?

I have already joined his PC to the new domain and now just need to move over his profile/email/outlook...etc.

TIA

A:[resolved] Joined to new domain, need to move user profile

Easier than I thought, just copied all his old stuff over, move his pst file and reconnected and he was good to go.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/resolved-joined-to-new-domain-need-to-move-user-profile-55659.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello, thank you so much for you support. My question, I am using Outlook 2007, I have 3 email profiles associated with this, just to clarify what I mean by email profiles I have 3 different email addresses for Outlook. Currently I open Outlook and it asks which profile do you want to use so I click on the one I want. What I would like to do is to move some of my email folders (these folders have email associated with different people) and some misc emails into my new email profile as they are pertinent to this email profile, vs. the email account that I have had for a while that I used for everything; is this possible?

I cannot simply copy and paste as I Outlook only allows me to open one profile at a time.

Please let me know how to accomplish this.

Thank you very much and have a great rest of your day or evening!

A:Outlook 2007, how to move emails to different profile on the same computer

Hi:
just first idea: just send them to your other account.

Regards JB

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-how-to-move-emails-to-different-profile-on-the-same-computer.962702/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hey all I've been experiencing stability problems on off with my rig but now they seem to have been stabilising hurr durr I've recently bought a TB harddisk and additional GB load. only. Vista64 profile won't User Temporary profile of Corsairs XMS DHX RAM bringing me up to a total of GB Now I tried to install User profile won't load. Temporary profile only. Vista64 GB first in tri-channel mode and it worked fine When I installed the remaining two in dual dual-channel mode however my profile will not load and I am given a temporary user profile All my personal preferences are gone including firefox bookmarks desktop shortcuts start menu preferences etc I'm posting a query to corsair User profile won't load. Temporary profile only. Vista64 as well simultaneously but do any of you know or have a clue as to what might cause my problem Or more importantly how I can fix it I User profile won't load. Temporary profile only. Vista64 ran the memory diagnostics tool included in vista and it told me I had a memory problem but did not specify what Thanks for all help It is much appreciated Rig in sig

A:User profile won't load. Temporary profile only. Vista64

Hello Crowzah,

This tutorial may be able to help with this error for you:

User Profile Error - Logged on with a Temporary Profile

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/206063-user-profile-wont-load-temporary-profile-only-vista64.html
Relevancy 80.84%

ComboFix - - - user - - - NTFSx Microsoft Windows Vista Starter GMT Running from c users TEMP Desktop ComboFix exe Other Deletions c program files ShoppingReportc program files ShoppingReport Uninst exe Files Created from - - to - - - - - - lt DIR gt dr------- c users TEMP Videos - - - - lt DIR gt dr------- c users TEMP Searches - - - - lt DIR gt dr------- c users TEMP Saved Games - - - - lt DIR gt dr------- c users TEMP Pictures - - - - lt DIR gt dr------- c users TEMP Music - - - - lt DIR gt dr------- c users TEMP Links - - - - administrator profile profile wont me gives temporary load!it a lt DIR gt dr------- c users TEMP Downloads - - - - lt DIR gt dr------- c users TEMP Documents - - - - lt DIR gt dr------- c users TEMP Contacts - - - - lt DIR gt d--h----- c users TEMP AppData - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c users TEMP - - - - --ah----- c windows System drivers Msft User WpdMtpDr Wdf - - - - --a------ c windows System wuaueng dll - - - - --a------ c windows System wucltux dll - - - - --a------ c administrator profile wont load!it gives me a temporary profile windows System wuauclt exe - - - - --a------ c windows System wups dll - - - - --a------ c windows System wuapi dll - - - - --a------ c windows System wuwebv dll - - - - --a------ c windows System wudriver dll - - - - --a------ c windows System wups dll - - - - --a------ c windows System wuapp exe - - - - --a------ c windows System drivers mrxsmb sys - - - - --a------ c windows System msxml dll - - - - --a------ c windows System msxml dll - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c users All Users - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c programdata - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c users All Users - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c programdata - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c users All Users D - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c programdata D - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c users All Users D - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c programdata D - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c users All Users BD - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c programdata BD - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c program files BearShare Applications - - - - --a------ c windows System actskn ocx - - - - --a------ c windows System Faultrep dll - - - - --a------ c windows System wersvc dll - - - - --a------ c windows System win spl dll - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c users user AppData Roaming Eyeblaster - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c users paras family AppData Roaming LimeWire - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c program files Real - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c program files Common Files xing shared - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c program files Common Files Real - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c users user AppData Roaming LimeWire - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- c program files LimeWire Find M Report - - --------- d-----w c users paras family AppData Roaming OOo-dev - - --------- d-----w c program files Windows Mail - - --------- d-----w c users paras family AppData Roaming Eyeblaster - - --------- d-----w c users user AppData Roaming GameHouse - - --------- d-----w c programdata n - -o - r- t-r - - --------- d-----w c program files GameHouse - - --------- d-----w c program files torcs - - ----a-w c windows MarioForever Toolbar Uninstaller exe - - --------- d-----w c program files Mario Forever Toolbar - - --------- d-----w c program files Mario Forever - - --------- d-----w c program files Pool 'm Up - - ----a-w c windows System AppHardT dll - - ----a-w c windows System wininet dll - - --------- d-----w c users user AppData Roaming OOo-dev - - ---ha-w c windows system drivers Msft Kernel ccdcmb Wdf - - --------- d-----w c programdata NexonUS - - ----a-w c windows System ntkrnlpa exe - - ----a-w c windows System ntoskrnl exe - - ----a-w c windows System win k sys - - --------- d---a-w c programdata TEMP - - ----a-w c windows System avgrsstx dll - - --sha-w c program files desktop ini Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Browser Helper Objects c d -dfa - a-a f - eabfee b ac - - --a------ c program files MyPlayCity tbM... Read more

A:administrator profile wont load!it gives me a temporary profile

ComboFix logs should not to be posted outside the HijackThis forums. It is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.Please create a new topic explaining the nature of your problem., in the Am I Infected forum. Describe pop-ups and system tray or desktop icons that have appeared. Explain what is "going wrong" with your computer. Note any tools you have used and their respective results.If needed, we will direct you to our HJT Preparation Guide.Thank you for using BleepingComputer as your malware removal source.This topic is now closed. The BC Staff

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180600/administrator-profile-wont-loadit-gives-me-a-temporary-profile/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi all I ve been building a modest PC so that I can simply run my games emulators through my plasma TV as temp profile' 'Cannot profile create issues. User well as films and music I m using the old D from my other computer which holds all the games films and music After a nightmarish days of hardware problems I finally have XP installed but my current roblem comes when I log on and at the windows startup screen I User profile issues. 'Cannot create temp profile' get the message - Windows cannot create temporary profile directory This may be caused by insufficiant security rights Which is then followed by this message - Windows cannot load the user profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system So I am on windows but nothing works because I need administrator right and permissions to run programs like my emulators or at least to take ownership of them to make them run I went to user accounts in the control panel to mess about but any changes I try to make are met with the message - Object required I have googled the problem and there seems to be absolutely zero information on it The microsoft site had a small section about part of it but the fix it gave was completely useless and did nothing Can anyone here help with this I m at my wits end being so close Thanks System specs below - Giabyte ga- pvm-s GB Ram Asus Eah Graphics card Terratec DMX fire sound User profile issues. 'Cannot create temp profile' card nbsp

Relevancy 80.84%

When attempting to login to my main profile logging I main Instead temp into am of forced profile, into profile after a several minute wait Windows loads normally but I receive a Instead of logging into main profile, I am forced into temp profile notice saying that I have been logged into a temporary profile which would be deleted upon shutting down As far as I can Instead of logging into main profile, I am forced into temp profile tell this started happening immediately after switching my cell phone from quot LG Software quot to quot Charge Only quot mode while windows was logging in During every bootup I am now prompted with the following options Launch Startup Repair Start Windows Normally Upon selecting quot Startup Repair quot I am immediately shown the error quot a required device is inaccessible quot It has just recently stopped giving me the quot Startup Repair quot option any more so I can't get the exact error code but I believe it was x or something similar I cannot successfully load normal safe mode or safe mode with networking They fail with blue screen I can only load safe mode with command prompt I have tried running quot sfc scannow quot It finds errors after about but says it is unable to fix them Attempting to run chkdsk f does not run on next boot It's been a while since I've done a backup so I'd rather get this profile working again than have to re-install I also need to mention that this is an OEM Dell copy of windows so doing a repair install doesn't seem to be an option or is it

A:Instead of logging into main profile, I am forced into temp profile

Hello Cam, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if you may be able to do a system restore at boot using a restore point (if available) dated before you had these issues may be able to fix them.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286536-instead-logging-into-main-profile-i-am-forced-into-temp-profile.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Originally I had all my data files in drive D and only programs in drive C Somehow my old user profile got corrupted and the Backgound wall paper is not creating after and original Mess Big deleting new profile profile working properly So I created a new admin profile to fix it but now I have a mess After I created a new admin profile and moved the old users folder files to the new user I decided to delete the old profile after everything seems to be working properly When deleting the old profile I elected to save old user files to my desktop fortunately I now have a very fragmented system Some of the folder files are still under my old username in D drive nothing in my new user name in D drive plus almost all of the folder files from the old user in drive D are now in a folder on the desktop where windows elected to place them when I elected to save the folders files I really need all the old user folders I would like to have the Data in either under my old or new username in Drive D instead of fragmented all over the place I realize I ended up in this situation because I didnt Big Mess after creating new profile and deleting original profile understand fully what windows will do when creating and deleting user profiles Please suggest what I have to do to clean up the system Thanks

A:Big Mess after creating new profile and deleting original profile

Before proceeding, I would backup the computer to an external location such as a USB HDD or network location. If you don't have the ability to do this, at least track down all the files you want and copy them to a USB flash drive or other external device

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239468-big-mess-after-creating-new-profile-deleting-original-profile.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I am having a problem with the is Profiles yet are Admin XP profile Slow; fast...Why? two profiles other than the administrator profile in Windows XP They are both running unusually SLOOOW i e they make molasses moving uphill backwards in January XP Profiles are Slow; yet Admin profile is fast...Why? look like light speed all the sudden while the admin profile runs at quot normal quot speed still Recently XP Profiles are Slow; yet Admin profile is fast...Why? had a spyware problem still finishing its cleanup XP Profiles are Slow; yet Admin profile is fast...Why? on another thread but it is essentially back to normal for now and I have removed all other virus programs and installed Panda Platinum since it seems to do an exceptionally thorough job in sweeping the system Not sure how the two other profiles can be so bogged down while the admin profile works just fine How can I correct this problem Thanks for any insight oh I have MB of RAM so that is not an issue Here s the latest Hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security TPSrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security pavsrv exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security AVENGINE EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c program files panda software panda platinum internet security firewall PNMSRV EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security PavFnSvr exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security AntiSpam pskmssvc exe C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security PsImSvc exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Excite PrvtMsgr bin x IMPipe exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Accelerate accelerate exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security APVXDWIN EXE C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C PROGRA HEWLET PHOTOS HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Netscape Netscape Netscp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Webroot Washer wwDisp exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hposol exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security SRVLOAD EXE C WINDOWS System HPHipm exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security WebProxy exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM cidaemon exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security avciman exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security psimreal exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ku edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ku edu F - RE... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-profiles-are-slow-yet-admin-profile-is-fast-why.425837/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello I have Windows XP X and I created another profile to game and granted it admin rights When I rebooted I noticed only the new profile was available I have searched and pressing ctrl alt del twice did not recover the old admin account just granted me the new admin account I found this to be very strange as this is the first profile other. another Admin rights deleted with Creating time this has ever happened to me My files are still saved as if the account has just been hidden However after going under computer management the only account seen is the new gaming account I created and it has been changed as if it is the only profile ever created All my documents are still under the old profile and it is labeled administrator Is there anyway I can get back into my old account I'm not really interested in transferring files as I only wanted this profile for low services in the background for more performance Thanks Jordan

A:Creating another profile with Admin rights deleted other.

You were using the built in Administrator account for your user account profile. Once you create another user account profile, it hides the built in Administrator account (to be only used for Administrative purposes). You don't want to run your computer with the Administrator account, because if your user profile jacks up, how can you log on to repair it? So, Create another User account, and copy your My Documents, Favorites, and Desktop over to the new profile make it have administrative privileges, and leave the Built in Administrator account Hidden and un-used.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/creating-another-profile-with-admin-rights-deleted-other-419625.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Last week I logged into my XP Profile quot Blazer quot and admin access Can't with Solved: even XP login Help! profile the entire screen was frozen I rebooted and the same thing happened Since I didn t have any money to purchase a new antivirus system I ran the free quot House Call quot after logging into my admin profile Unfortunately it did not find any virus Because my Blazer profile has a ton of important documents Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login on it I need a way to access this profile but when I login as admin and click on the Blazer profile in windows explorer it says quot Access is Denied quot I assume Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login some virus has attacked my profile and made it inaccessible My question is Is there a way I can access this profile and copy the contents to another profile Is there another free anti virus software on the net that may be able to Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login clean and fix this issue Thank you very much for any help I m really stuck on this one nbsp

A:Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login

Try taking ownership of the Blazer folder. See this page:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-cant-access-xp-profile-even-with-admin-login.770735/
Relevancy 80.41%

I only have one user profile with admin priviledges. I can not login to it, I get the "user profile cannot be opened..." msg. I can boot into all Safe Modes. After reading some online support messages, I booted in safe mode and logged into "admin" profile and it says "loading default profile" and then logs me in. I then attempt to go to User Accounts and "Add a new User" to add a new user with Admin priviledges, but this option is Not Shown to me. If I try to click on "manage user accounts" it does nothing. It shows a microsoft "shield" on left side of this option. I know I can access my documents in safe mode still, but need to create a new user to move them to. HELP!

A:Admin user profile corrupt, can't create new one

my advise to you would be backup your data (in safe mode) and reinstall, or try a repair install.. something in the registry is corrupt. have you used a registry cleaner/optimizer ??

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/admin-user-profile-corrupt-cant-create-new-one-568997.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi guys,

This is driving me crazy. I just implemented roaming profiles, but now my users are having issues because some of our applications require local admin rights. Also, we allow them to install software as needed.

Is there a way I can give the users Local Administrator rights either using a logon script or any other way?

Thanks for the help,
Wayne

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-admin-rights-with-roaming-profile.610857/
Relevancy 80.41%

Win 2000 Prof: Deleted Admin profile!
Can view deleted file ...000 but am unable to restore it. Is there a program that will let me go back and see all info on hard drive and find my deleted administraor & password so I can access old files?

A:Access Deleted Admin Profile Data

Welcome to TSG!

If you can't restore the profile, can you copy it to a new location? Even with that and copying over the default profile probably will not restore the admin account. You could try to repair the system, but I am not sure that would work either as it is not the same as the old NT repair where you could reset the registry to the last saved state. Your best bet is to do a clean install in the same folder and re-install all of the apps. Then from the new admin account you can take ownership of any files you need.

Good Luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-deleted-admin-profile-data.113136/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello I have a friend who used his computer yesterday and today when he attempted to logon to his computer as himself (admin) it tells him "user profile cannot be loaded". I attempted to help him boot into safe mode and change his password. He changed it and it still brings up the same error message. He does have another profile account that his daughter uses but no admin actions can be taken from her account. What can I do to help my friend? This is a challenge I have never encountered during my learning of how to troubleshoot pc's.

A:Can't logon to admin windows vista profile

Ouch. Sounds like a corrupted %USERPROFILE% and the fix requires the Admin-Id.

Have you tried running a System Restore? I will prompt for the admin password.
Issue is, not entirely sure the user's profiles are saved in the restore points.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-logon-to-admin-windows-vista-profile.216968/
Relevancy 80.41%

"Sorry, it looks like this PC can't run Windows 8.1. This might be because the Users or Program Files folder is being redirected to another partition."

By using the Customize feature of Windows Easy Transfer Wizard, I created a MIG transfer file, without selecting the user folders (such as Documents, Pictures or Video).

If the MIG file is copied to the C: drive, will the User Profile be created on the C: drive, when Easy Transfer is run?

I am guessing that the default User Folders will be created on the C drive, and then the locations can be changed to match the present physical location on my other partitions.

Thank you, in advance.

A:Move User Profile by Windows Easy Transfer Wizard

Wow, not a single response to this question. Is not Easy Transfer a standard feature of Windows?

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/34833-move-user-profile-windows-easy-transfer-wizard.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello - I have a Windows 7 laptop with a user account that was not created with my knowledge. The laptop seems to have some type of malware, but this user account blocks any attempts to run programs or switch to another administrator.
I'd like help removing this profile and returning control back to me. Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589287/need-help-removing-unwanted-user-profile-with-admin-privilege/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello,
Guys, I've been using an admin account till now for my customization needs and registry tweaks as i got annoyed by frequent pop-ups and permission thingy. Well, now it's all set to my needs.
Now, i'm thinking to convert my admin account into standard one.
Well, i know i can always create another admin account, log in to that account and convert my account into standard account.
I just wanted to know is there any chances of getting something like my profile getting messed up and losing my all hard work made to customize it to my needs.
Is their any other way of doing it? Or this method is itself the safest way? Also, how do i backup my user profile and it's settings aka configuration to restore if something goes wrong?
Sorry for so many noobvious questions as I've had never felt in need of it before.

A:Converting admin acc. to standard acc. & backing up user profile

Hello Ezio,

You will have to have at least one administrator account created on your computer at all times. If you did not want to use it for everyday use anymore, then it would be best to password protect it (if not already) and use the standard account instead. If you did not have an administrator account, then you would not be able to install programs or be able to make any changes that affect the system and other users.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/132615-converting-admin-acc-standard-acc-backing-up-user-profile.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi

I currently have an XP laptop that has 2 account - one has all permissions, the other is a 'limited' account.

Last night the Main account decided it wasnt going to work and the screens stays blue with a cursor and thats it......

I can access the limited accoutn without problem, but i cannot get to the files because they are locked to the main account.

Anyone have any ideas on how i can get to the files? is it possible to upgrade the limited account without going into the main account?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Paul

A:XP Admin Profile Corrupt - Upgrade Limited Account?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811151

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-admin-profile-corrupt-upgrade-limited-account.363952/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi all I have been up and down various boards over the last few days and though I have found many suggestions I keep finding myself in an endless loop I enabled the Hidden Admin account on my Win Pro laptop The account was created without a hitch but when I try to login I get a defualt profile loading up Blank desktop and a very limited user profile Not even a command prompt in the quot Accessories quot folder in the Start menu When I try and access the Users folder I get denied Strange as this is the quot Super quot Hidden Admin account I have found suggestions with regards to Regedit problem Admin Hidden profile account default but the account is not listed in profiles list Only my original quot Jay quot account and system profiles network local I have tried to create other accounts I created a Standard account without a password and I get this error quot User profile services failed the login quot This error too Hidden Admin account default profile problem led me to a Regedit solution but again the account is not present In fact no new user folders are created when I make a new account When I try to view Users folder from my quot Jay quot account which works brilliantly there are no other user folders It's like it allows me to create new user accounts but is loading a default profile instead with all accounts I create Restore point won't work as I cleared all but my most recent the other day my one account is doing great so I cleared my restore points and made a system image now I wish I hadn't I don't know where to go from here other than maybe a repair install Kind of freaks me out about maybe messing up my only good profile account I have going right now

A:Hidden Admin account default profile problem

Hello Jay,

You might see if this may be able to help you fix this user profile error.

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/160167-hidden-admin-account-default-profile-problem.html
Relevancy 79.55%

hi,
I am installed Office 2000 Proofing tools on a Windows 2000 Professional SP 3 machine which has Office 2K Professional installed. The problem is that the dictionary (of the Proofing tools) appears only in a Administrator profile. It doesnot appear in any non-admin profile.

What could be the problem.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2k-proofing-tools-work-only-in-admin-profile.209590/
Relevancy 79.12%

In windows XP, when you were connected to a domain network (i.e. office in place of work) you had a profile called Profile Template that was shared (being the default template for all/most/what ever users needed). Does windows 7 have profile template sharing, and if so how do you do it? The profile template profile can be used, but with windows 7 professional, we cannot find a way to share the profile in user settings (or whatever setting it is under computer's properties, advanced tab, user profiles settings). Whenever the profile is selected we cannot get the option to share it. Help would be much appreciated how to do so. Thanks.

A:Profile template and profile sharing in Win7

This TechNet thread talks about this problem with some possible solutions.
Cannot copy user profiles

Another article with another possible solution.
Windows 7 and the Dreaded Temp Profile | Tech4Him - Technology with Integrity

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/60832-profile-template-profile-sharing-win7.html
Relevancy 79.12%

HI Guys

Hope that you can assist me.

I need to merge a local profile on a computer it's domain profile.

Example local\test1 to domain\0004

Each computer will have its own domain profile, it will not be a roaming profile.

Our company needs to move away from the local computer profiles to domain profiles.

Do you maybe know of an easy way to do it?

It will also need to move all settings, like email account to the domain profile.

We are using Windows 7 64 bit Enterprise.

Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400652-profile-migration-local-domain-profile.html
Relevancy 79.12%

The battery is no good on my Gateway laptop so computer will only run a few minutes when to login my on Can't Profile Temporary profile--Stuck unplugged I accidently kicked plug loose from wall and didn't Can't login to my profile--Stuck on Temporary Profile realize it I saw computer was shutting down due to low battery and I quickly plugged it back in but it was already powering down When I re-booted it it had to run through all the disk-scans and then when it finally booted it was under temporary profile and not mine I tried to follow directions on Microsoft help forum http windows microsoft com en-us windows fix-a-corrupted-user-profile to fix corrupted user profile but their step-by-step instructions don't match up with my computer Can't login to my profile--Stuck on Temporary Profile In particular MS tells me to create a new profile and copy my old profile to the new one I created new profile but it tells me to copy all files except the following Ntuser dat Ntuser dat log and Ntuser ini On mine there are Ntuser dat log files and I don't have Ntuser ini The other thing I'm not understanding is once I copy them I can't figure out how to move it all to the new profile P S I also tried to change the corrupted profile settings using this method http www sysprobs com fix-temporary-profile-windows- but had no luck there either When logged off on had the same temporary settings as before Plus the computer is running incredibly slow and locks up a lot when on the internet Anytime I have to restart it has to run through disk scan again which takes about minutes P P S I am deployed to Afghanistan at the moment so I am not able to run to a repair technician and since my laptop is my primary method of communication entertainment I would really like to have it fixed any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Can't login to my profile--Stuck on Temporary Profile

why not u install windows 7 again to formet the system drive and install windows again if u dont want to do this then do this load a bootable windows cd and launch repair comp. and lauch system image recovery than load driver u have to search that missing file from that windows cd as microsoft says and move it as ms says if not found that file than install windows again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500093/cant-login-to-my-profile-stuck-on-temporary-profile/
Relevancy 79.12%

Recently my computer was freezing a lot and I had to shut it down from the turn on profile, temporary loads in Can't user my log profile off button and I know this is bad Yesterday I shut it down like this then I tried to turn it on it didn't load past the quot Welcome'' screen and after some time it loaded and a message showed ''You have been logged in Can't log in my user profile, loads temporary profile with a temporary profile You cannot access your files and files created in this profile will be deleted when you log off quot I tried to log-in in save mode but it did the same thing I was going to try ''Repair user account'' to see if it works but i can't see the ''ntuser ini'' file This is about trying to copy the the files from the old account to a new one And there are ntuser dat files one is called ntuser dat and the other is ntuser dat or something like this and I don't know which one to copy Also i tried to copy all the files but it said there's not enough space I read some things and it said there is either not any solution or there were some things that worked for SOME people but I'm not very good at computers and in these solutions it said to delete some thing but I'm scared to lose some things in my old account or to ruin my computer When I log in the new account i created or when in the temporary account I CAN'T connect to internet My internet is with cable and before when i start my computer i was clicking on the connections icon in the right corner of start menu and then i would click to connect I had option one is my internet provider and the other said ''unidentified network'' this one was always connected but i didn't have internet i need to connect to the my internet provider name But now when i click on it the only one that shows is the ''unidentified network'' which now says ''no internet access'' How can I repair this If I have lost my user account now does that mean I need to call my internet provider to come and install the internet connection again - I'm using Vista Can someone please help me I'm not advanced in computers and sorry for my bad English

A:Can't log in my user profile, loads temporary profile

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried tapping F8 as you boot and choose last known good configuration or tried safe mode with networking

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-log-in-my-user-profile-loads-temporary-profile-701316.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Has anyone come across this issue happening frequently lately ....

In the past 3 weeks I must have had 20+ PC's / Laptops that have had the same problem (see image below)
Although I know how to fix it and I have had it crop up before, I've never had it hit so many units in such a short space of time.
I've browsed quite a bit to see if there is some sort of virus/malware that may be causing it but there doesn't seem to be anything out there that might be the culprit.

I've scanned all the units for virus/malware and they all seemed to come up pretty clean. +15 of the units were win7 and +5 were win 8.

Any clues would be most welcome
" User Profile Service you have been logged on with the default profile for the system, please see the event log for details or contact your administrator."

A:User Profile Service - default profile

Hi there .. There are loads of Posts on Google about this one .. Here is one below

How to Fix Temporary Profile in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307788-user-profile-service-default-profile.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,

just bougth ASUS Vivobook Smart ME400 and tried to set it up. But first tiume it tried to log in i get "The user profile service service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded". I can't do anything but restart or tyr again with the same result. I've tried to read other with the same problem but they all require that you can log in to some other account. I don't have one and don't know how to restart the pad in safe mode.

Could you please advise how to get this sorted??

Regards

A:User Profile Service not loading a profile

Hello Joh, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if the tutorial below may be able to help. It applies to Windows 8 as well. Be sure to read all of it for all options.

User Profile Service failed the sign-in - Fix in Windows 8
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/21395-user-profile-service-not-loading-profile.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I was wondering if u would know or would be able to help me? My g/f has a computer at her house with multiple profiles on it and she has alot of saved information for school because she is home schooled. Well her step dad decided to get on the computer and and some how it went into safe mode and so he rebooted and then dleted all the profile besides his and her moms, and i was wonder if there would be anyway to get the profile or at least the information back?
PLease and Thank You

~Nero

A:If A profile is deleted can u get the information that was on the profile back?

Quote:

Originally Posted by VampiricWolf

I was wondering if u would know or would be able to help me? My g/f has a computer at her house with multiple profiles on it and she has alot of saved information for school because she is home schooled. Well her step dad decided to get on the computer and and some how it went into safe mode and so he rebooted and then dleted all the profile besides his and her moms, and i was wonder if there would be anyway to get the profile or at least the information back?
PLease and Thank You

~Nero

if he deleted the profile, with out deleting the files its all still there

go to my computer
doulbe click the C ( local disk that the os is installed on)
hit the documents and settings, in here will be all the users profiles
so if you see her log on thats her profile, you can go into and save data needed

you might have to change the folder view to see everything

open explorer, go to tools>folder options>view> change the radio button to show hidden files, and uncheck the hide protected os files and hide extentions.

if the data is here there, you will need a application to recover the data, google getback ntfs

Thanks
Wolf~

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/if-a-profile-is-deleted-can-u-get-the-information-that-was-on-the-profile-back-285951.html