Windows Support Forum

Burning Windows 7 64-bit ISO using Benq DVD DD DW1640 ATA device

Q: Burning Windows 7 64-bit ISO using Benq DVD DD DW1640 ATA device

Hello Techspot,

on my PC I found some windows 7 professional 64 bit and 32 bit isos. These are from my friend who built my PC. I currently have a 32 bit. I would like to update to a 64 bit. I will be using a DVD-RW type DVD and my optical drive: BENQ DVD DD DW1640 ATA Device.

My question is, will the optical drive be capable of burning the iso to the DVD-RW?

The description of the optical drive from Speccy can be found in the attachment.

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Burning Windows 7 64-bit ISO using Benq DVD DD DW1640 ATA device

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Burning Windows 7 64-bit ISO using Benq DVD DD DW1640 ATA device

Looks like it'll support both +RW & -RW. More importantly, what size is the ISO? I've only seen 4.7GB rewritable DVD. So if the ISO is bigger than that, then you'll have to burn it to a double layer DVD. Which looks like your drive will support also.

You have a retail version of Win7 or OEM? You might want to look into whether your existing key/license is still valid after you upgrade it to 64bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-windows-7-64-bit-iso-using-benq-dvd-dd-dw1640-ata-device.170070/
Relevancy 96.32%

Just installed DW1640 DVD Burner using Nero OEM. Sound but no picture when playing DVD. Any ideas. Thks

A:No video with Benq DW1640

yuor going to have to be more precise on what the problem is. what DVD player software are yu using? is this a commercial disk you are trying to watch or a copy you made?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-with-benq-dw1640.42054/
Relevancy 94.17%

I bought a refurbished BenQ DW DVD-RW Beige Front from newegg com which came flashed with DW1640 problem... BenQ write failure Firmware BSHB With firmware BSHB I am able to burn Data CD s Music CD s Data DVD s and Movie DVD s I have since updated the drive to firmware BSMB and BSOB thus where my BenQ DW1640 write failure problem... problems begin BenQ DW1640 write failure problem... After flashing to BSMB and then to BSOB I have write failure problems on DVD Movie disks I BenQ DW1640 write failure problem... am able to burn Data CD s Music CD s Data DVD s fine with either BSMB and BSOB firmware When I try to burn a DVD Movie it will write to about complete using Nero Ultra Ver and Sonic RecordNow Deluxe Ver using Nexxtech DVD R CMC MAG E media And when I had both BSMB and BSOB firmware s flashed to the BenQ DW I tried to burn the movies using my Sony DRU- A with firmware a using Stomp RecordNow MAX Ver This drive also produced write failures at completion using RecordNow Max After flashing back to BSHB I am once again able to burn DVD movies with both the BenQ and Sony DVD writers I would like to use the new updated BenQ firmware s as I like the new added features and media support Any help would be greatly appreciated System Configuration AMD XP Windows XP Pro SP GB Ram NTFS File System Antec W Power Supply Nvidia GeForce MX Video Card AGP MB Creative Audigy Sound Card BenQ DW Master Motherboard Controller IDE Sony DRU- A Master Motherboard Controller IDE ZIP Slave Motherboard Controller IDE WD GB Master Maxtor Ultra TX IDE Controller IDE WD GB Slave Maxtor Ultra TX IDE Controller IDE Maxtor GB Master Maxtor Ultra TX IDE Controller IDE Maxtor GB Slave Maxtor Ultra TX IDE Controller IDE nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-dw1640-write-failure-problem.429678/
Relevancy 94.17%

Quick easy question for anyone who owns a 1640 does the green light stay on all the time a disc is in the drive....(where did my red green and orange light go from my liteon drives I miss them )

A:Solved: benQ dw1640 green light

well found my answer

"Q: Should the green light be on when you have media in the drive?
A: Yes, the BenQ shows a solid green light when there is media in the drive. The light flashes green when reading and red/green when writing."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-benq-dw1640-green-light.395876/
Relevancy 50.74%

So I recently got a new BenQ monitor which looks absolutely fantastic in videos and in games but windows on the other hand looks really aliased and i do not know why I am running this monitor in conjunction with my old monitor which is a p display I have got them aliased BenQ on GW2765 new my Windows really looks both running their own native resolutions and it still looks bad Also my App icons look really bad on my task bar as they are really pixelated and don t look anything like as smooth as what is on my p display which is the opposite to what I expected I am Windows on my new BenQ GW2765 looks really aliased wondering if there is an option i have skipped over if there is a Windows on my new BenQ GW2765 looks really aliased driver i am missing windows tells me i have an up to date driver for it or if i have a faulty monitor It is connected by a DVI cable to my GPU which is an MSI GTX I know that the aliasing is only on this monitor as if i screenshot an aliased line and look at it on the p monitor it looks aliased However if I look at that same screenshot on my other monitor p there is no longer an aliasing or pixelation Please leave any suggestions you can I have no idea and am thinking about sending the monitor back Also text looks bad cleartype didn t help nbsp

A:Windows on my new BenQ GW2765 looks really aliased

Howdy and welcome. I've edited your post for language, please remember this is a family-oriented forum.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-on-my-new-benq-gw2765-looks-really-aliased.1163098/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello All,

I reinstalled windows 7 and everything was working fine until today i opened my computer and suddenly screen resolution was changed automatically.

I went to screen resolution and saw in display drop down Benq was not listed it was showing 1- generic non-pnp monitor.

I set my desktop computer screen resolution to benq 1200 x 800 but now since benq is not showing in display i am unable to see 1200 x 800 in resolution.

Before also this happened and when i clicked on detect button in screen resolution it automatically shown benq in display but now i clicked on detect and benq is not shown in display ?

Any specific drivers do i need ? if yes please provide link to it my lcd is 22 benq model et-0026-n

I dont have cd/dvd for monitor i may have lost it.

Please provide solution as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Ahmed.

A:windows 7 not detecting display benq model et-0026-n

my lcd monitor product model is BenQ G2220HD

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/186612-windows-7-not-detecting-display-benq-model-et-0026-n.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I recently installed Windows Home Premium on my new desktop machine Whenever I try to connect my BENQ C Webcam I get this BSOD Memory dump file dmp says quot VISTA DRIVER FAULT quot BENQ on connecting C350 Webcam a Windows 7 BSOD and EventViewer generates below error quot The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x x xfffffa a f xfffffa a x a d A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - quot Does anyone know how can I get rid of this I am not able to find Windows driver for this webcam and don't want to replace it either Below are my system details OS -- Windows 7 BSOD on connecting a BENQ C350 Webcam gt Windows Home Premium x -bit or x -- gt bit build What was original installed OS on system It is a new box Windows is the first OS I installed Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer I got this OS free through MSDN subscription Age of system hardware -- gt lt months old Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS NO CPU -- gt Intel I GHz CPU Video Card -- gt NVidia GeForce GT MotherBoard -- gt Gigabyte Power Supply -- gt Not sure yet I can find out Any help would be appreciated

A:Windows 7 BSOD on connecting a BENQ C350 Webcam

Can you run the webcam in a vista compatiblity mode. Or does it blue screen on you right when you plug the webcam in

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-bsod-on-connecting-a-benq-c350-webcam-538247.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm looking for drivers for Windows 7 for the Canon Powershot A40 camera and for a Benq flatbed scanner. The camera contains precious pics and it would be a pity not being able to download them. Any suggestions?

A:Canon A 40 Powershot and Benq flatbed scanner drivers for Windows 7 64

You don't need drivers for the Canon Powershot...all you need is the cable that came with the camera. Just plug in the camera to a USB port and use Windows photo viewer; or get an inexpensive card reader. Remove the card from the Powershot and place in card reader.

All you need to do is drag the photos to your computer.

VueScan Scanner Software for Windows 7, Mac OS X Lion, Linux, iPhone, iPad, iPod has VueScan software, a universal driver. I've never used it but it's free to try. See if it works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/214885-canon-40-powershot-benq-flatbed-scanner-drivers-windows-7-64-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello All,

I reinstalled windows 7 and everything was working fine until today i opened my computer and suddenly screen resolution was changed automatically.

I went to screen resolution and saw in display drop down Benq was not listed it was showing 1- generic non-pnp monitor.

I set my desktop computer screen resolution to benq 1200 x 800 but now since benq is not showing in display i am unable to see 1200 x 800 in resolution.

Before also this happened and when i clicked on detect button in screen resolution it automatically shown benq in display but now i clicked on detect and benq is not shown in display ?

Any specific drivers do i need ? if yes please provide link to it my lcd is 22 benq model et-0026-n

I dont have cd/dvd for monitor i may have lost it.

Please provide solution as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Ahmed.

A:Solved: windows 7 not detecting display benq model et-0026-n

my lcd monitor product model is BenQ G2220HD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-not-detecting-display-benq-model-et-0026-n.1017596/
Relevancy 49.02%

For the longest time now I have not been able to burn dvd movies on my toshiba laptop satellite with vista basic. I've tried nero and others but nothing works. Recently I tried using my dvd movie factory and it said no burning device or driver is detected. I checked out my device driver and I noticed this under " DVD/CD-ROM drives".

Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ850S ATA Device
Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

What does this mean? How can I fix it? Should I uninstall the device?

A:Problem with Burning Device

Yes try Uninstalling it and reboot.
Vista should install it then , it may also be a Driver problem so if you can try and find a Driver for that Device frm the manufacturers website.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/130908-problem-burning-device.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop new in Italy in the close burning the and keeps DVDs drive the fails windows burning spinnin When but December from a major computer store The computer came installed with Windows Home Premium Italian and I have installed on it an original version of Microsoft Office When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin XP Professional Edition English The CD-ROM unit is a Matsushita DVD -RW UJ Since I bought the computer I have sometimes had difficulty burning DVDs with the When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin built-in Windows burner function that I access from Explorer Often in the past I have ended up with partially written DVDs Nevertheless by using high-quality DVDs I have been able to burn DVDs successfully most of the time using the Windows utility I last used the utility successfully a couple of months ago when I burned a couple of DVDs to backup some photos Since yesterday I have been trying to backup my most important files onto DVDs The attempt has failed in every case First I copy about GB of files from drive C onto drive D in Explorer These are several hundred files divided into three different directories consisting mostly of PDF Word Excel and JPG files some of them with names in foreign scripts like Cyrillic Japanese or Chinese Then I insert a new DVD either Verbatim or TDK and attempt to master the DVD by selecting the option write to disk from the Explorer menu whether from When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin the menus at the top of the screen or by right-clicking on drive D in the lefthand pane of the screen A window pops up asking me for the name of the disk whether I want it to be flash or one-time only and the recording speed x x x etc Once I click continue to start burning the DVD a window pops up to tell me that Windows is making an image of the disk and then the window tells me that it has begun mastering the disk giving me a countdown of how many minutes are left minutes to minutes depending on the speed I choose But no matter what name I give to the disk and what recording speed I pick after - seconds the popup window and the Explorer window both suddenly close and the DVD unit s writing light goes out but the DVD unit continues to whir at high speed forever Here are the results I got yesterday with separate DVDs On the first DVD I used Windows s burn utility on a Verbatim DVD and I ended up with files burned onto the DVD making it unusable On the second try I used some simple burn software that I had used before Roxio Burn on a TDK DVD and ended up with files burned onto the disk but from different folders than the files burned by Windows On my third attempt after going offline shutting down my antivirus software AVG and using Task Manager to shut down processes from that other burn software Roxio Burn I used Windows s burn utility again on a TDK DVD and ended up with the identical files that had I ended up with the first time though this time I had chosen a lower writing speed In all three of these attempts the DVD unit continued to whir after the windows had closed until such time as I ejected the disk manually When I first encountered this problem yesterday I thought the problem might be caused by my antivirus software AVG Free Edition interfering with the writing process because after one particular automatic update by AVG about two months ago I began having problems with AVG blocking Skype and placing some of my Nokia cell phone software in quarantine But by disabling the HIPS element of AVG I was able to resolve those problems several weeks ago and begin using Skype successfully again But just to be sure today I disinstalled AVG completely and installed Microsoft Security Essentials Because I had read in a forum online that Windows might have conflicts with other burning software that was also installed today I also disinstalled the o... Read more

A:When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin

My guess would be theres something wrong with the dvd drive.I also have the same computer.Either the laser in it is shot or needs cleaned or the whole drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-dvds-the-windows-close-and-the-burning-fails-but-the-drive-keeps-spinnin.1027134/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, this problem has been occuring some time and I have yet to find out a reason why or a solution.

I have a gateway laptop running Vista Home Premium.
It has a tsstcorp cd dvdw ts-l632d ata device.
At first it ran fine, but now only burns dvds and does not burn cds.
It goes through the whole process and says that the cd has been burned but then there is nothing on the cd. I read somewhere that someone had to replace one of the lasers, the one that burns cds? There are two different lasers? Is it a burned out laser and if so what should I do about it? If not then any ideas what the problem is?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/244706-tsstcorp-cd-dvdw-ts-l632d-ata-device-not-burning-cds.html
Relevancy 46.87%

recently i was in the BIOS chaning around settings for the primary and secondary devices all i did was change everything to off when i was done i put all the ones i changed back to the way burning in settings when after error changing BIOS device discs I/O they wer auto since then when i boot up it stays at the BIOS loading screen for a long time and then i have to press F to boot into windows normally also since then i have not been able to burn anything on my dvd drives plextor a amp pioneer d it gives I/O device error when burning discs after changing settings in BIOS me the following error quot the request could not be performed because of an I O device error quot i went back into the BIOS and changed the primary device to auto and the rest to off and that has resolved the boot up problem but i still have the I O error i think the hard drive is on the primary and the dvd drives are on the secondary i cant comfirm since im at work do I/O device error when burning discs after changing settings in BIOS what settings in the bios do i need for everything to be correct do i need to change an jumper settings on the drives any help to put me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance jR nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

i have burned movies with no problem.. fix it says Drive is not capable of burning (TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633A ATA Device) and in windows media player it goes all the way thru the burn and says complete but the dvd is blank.. when i burn it thru going to computer it does the same thing,burns but nothings on the disc.
i uninstalled and reinstalled even used disc 2 go back 2 factory settings and still wont work. y does it say it cant burn dvds when i already have and it is a dvd burner i have acer laptop

A:Drive is not capable of burning (TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633A ATA Device)

It might be that the drive has had it and wont burn anymore and more than likely will need replaced.cd/dvd drives i believe have 2 lasers in them one to read and one to burn. when they go they cant be repaired just replaced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drive-is-not-capable-of-burning-tsstcorp-cddvdw-ts-l633a-ata-device.1075851/
Relevancy 46.87%

recently i was in the BIOS chaning around settings for the discs error in BIOS device after changing settings I/O when burning primary and I/O device error when burning discs after changing settings in BIOS secondary devices all i did was change everything to off when i was done i put all the ones i changed back to the way they wer auto since then when i boot up it stays at the BIOS loading screen for a long I/O device error when burning discs after changing settings in BIOS time and then i have to press F to boot into windows normally also since then i have not been able to burn anything on my dvd drives plextor a amp pioneer d it gives me the following error quot the request could not be performed because of an I O device error quot i went back into the BIOS and changed the primary device to auto and the rest to off and that has resolved the boot up problem but i still have the I O error i think the hard drive is on the primary and the dvd drives are on the secondary i cant comfirm since im at work what settings in the bios do i need for everything to be correct do i need to change an jumper settings on the drives any help to put me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance jR nbsp

A:I/O device error when burning discs after changing settings in BIOS

Write down what the drives on each IDE connector are = slave or master and make sure they are set this way.

Primary cable

End connector = Master
middle connector = Slave

Same setup for the other IDE cable

Leave the BIOS settings set to AUTO

reboot the system and you should be ok. If any of the drives are set to cable select make sure they are set as above.

If the IDE cables are 80 wire the motherboard connector is the end that is farthest from the middle connector and this has to be the way it connects to the motherboard and pin one is the wire that has the red on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-o-device-error-when-burning-discs-after-changing-settings-in-bios.529651/
Relevancy 46.44%

When I burn cd/dvds with Windows 7 built in burning software and windows media player all my burns are successful. When I try to use Nero, CD Burner XP or imgburn, it fails. My computer is plenty fast enough(2.8ghz, 4gb ddr2, 250gb sata hd) and I tried reinstalling windows 7 without nero or deamon tools and tested with CD Burner XP, it still failed. I am using Sony blank CD's and also tried a few other name brand. I am burning at the lowest speeds. I purchased a brand new dvd burner and the firmware is up to date. The error I am getting is "Could not write to Disc". It fails randomly anywhere from 3%-30%. Any ideas? Again, windows 7 native burning works fine but other software does not. Same pc, same blanks, same burner, same hardware just different software. Any Ideas at all?

A:Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

Chipset driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/29663-windows-7-native-burning-ok-other-burning-apps-not-ok.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I was looking to go from my 22 inch NEC FE2111(too big) to an LCD monitor; However, I can't seem to make up my mind. I've narrowed it down to the Viewsonic VP191B ($449.00 at newegg) or the BenQ FP91G+ ($329.00 at newegg). I've heard nothing but good things about BenQ, and I already know the excellent reputation of Viewsonic. I do alot of gaming so that's an important factor. I know CRT has better visual quality than LCD, but I need to conserve space, so any input on these 2 monitors would be appreciated.

A:Viewsonic or BenQ

We use Viewsonic 17'' at my work & they r ok. Although I have a BENQ at home & I find it way better than the others. I had an LG one b4 & seriously the BENQ not only looks better but was cheaper too! they r owned by Acer or some other joint big organisation & are not crappy at all. others have said that because they haven't heard of them then they must be crap, but you just have to research them b4 judging.

Either r good ... but yeah thats just my opinion :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/viewsonic-or-benq.28981/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys I'm not too sure if I'm allowed to post these kind of threads, but I really want other people's inputs in this matter.
I've been searching for a new PC monitor lately and I'm narrowed it down to 2 monitors.
Ohh, and please. Don't recommend any other monitors okay?

"Benq GL2460" or "AOC E2450SWHK"?

and why.

A:Benq vs AOC (Monitor)

The best thing to do, if at all possible, is to compare your choice of monitors in action displaying the same images and then make your decision based on what you see.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/294077-benq-vs-aoc-monitor.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I have a Joybook laptop that I got my Benq Joybook S53 a Chinese model long story how I came across it but it has a problem where it seemingly overheats When I first received the laptop it was broken I tried to fix it I booted up Windows xp a Chinese version and it seemed to work and run Windows XP I then tried a windows xp setup disc of mine and it crashed when it started to load the actual setup after loading hardware I then tried my Ubuntu disc and It would start to load then say quot Critical Temperature c sending Sigkill my Benq Joybook S53 to all processes quot or something like that I cant imagine the temperature being degrees Celsius seems awfully high for seconds into boot up After a few tries I managed to get Ubuntu installed by keep trying and now it boots up occasionally into Ubuntu otherwise just gives me my Benq Joybook S53 the temperature warning I can sometimes Get it to start X other times it wont properly load the my Benq Joybook S53 display I cant determine what to do next taking it apart is sort of difficult but im up for the task if it could possibly help I was going to open it but I didnt exactly know what to look for Well hopefully I can get some replies Ill check back frequently Thanks Jamie --EDIT-- Sorry I really didnt mean to post this here i was jumping around and tottaly forgot I was in here thinking I was in the hardware forums Ill go repost it delete this please nbsp

A:my Benq Joybook S53

ok it does sound like a case of overheating....as a temporary measure you could get a bag
of frozen peas and rest the system on that - that always works ( yes its a crude solution but it only a stop gap)

For a more permanent solution, you will really have to open it up an apply some thermal paste to the heatsink inside....check the base their might be a direct door to their heatsink...so time to get that screwdriver out...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-benq-joybook-s53.596245/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey people i am having this problem with my tft losing signal after a quit a game and the monitor will lose the signal while the pc running fine.I have a 6200 turbocache nvidia graphics card and was thinking of changing the cables to DVI to DVI but was wondering if that could be teh prob or it could be something else as also the drivers updated of the graphics card to teh lastest drivers.THe games i was playing was splinter cell and during game play the movement is slow and happens in all games as well as losing signal after i quit the game and want to return to windows.

PC Spec is AMD 3800+
1GB RAM
200GB HD
400w PSU

Just wondering if anyone knows wat the problem could be and how i can solve it thanks in advance for the help provided

A:Benq Tft Fp91g+

im not sure wut the problem is. the only time my monitor doesnt recieve a signal is when the comp is off. so u have two things to try.

1. the cable going into ur monitor- check it and make sure it worx fine use another cable and see if the problem continues

2. hook the monitor to another comp- if the problem continues its ur monitor, if it doesnt then u have a problem with ur graphics card.

do it in that order, if there is a prob wit ur graphics card then go to someone like geek squad at bestbuy. they really know wut they are talkin about
Good Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/benq-tft-fp91g.51348/
Relevancy 42.14%

i have a problem with my benq senseye q7t4 monitor it turns on and shows itself and then shuts down for no apparent reason is there anything i can do or does this mean it's had the dick , it is only the monitor playing up as i have tested my computer with other monitors and works fine the little light on the power button also goes out when the screen goes too any help on this matter would be greatly appreceated , the dong

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-moniter.611502/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey, I have recently brought a BenQ-Siemens E61, I charged and set it up as the manual said, but when i turn it on, it says "SIM Card Registration Failed".

What do i do?

A:BenQ-Siemens E61

dw i called the help line

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-siemens-e61.585925/
Relevancy 42.14%

I can play dvd's in my dvd rom but cant read dvd's with files on them can somone help me with this?

Relevancy 42.14%

i have a 'benq' cd/rw, it has worked fine with my old memorex cdrs, but i recently purchased a spindle of verbatim CDRs. They burn fine, but then when i try to READ them, no luck, it just appears as one long (500meg in some cases) audio track, not even recovery software reads it.
Could it just be those cdrs with my cd/rw or the cdrs? its happened with 2 so far..... :-S

A:Benq cd/rw verbatim CDR

sorry that is how some burners are, if you find a brand stay with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-cd-rw-verbatim-cdr.137721/
Relevancy 42.14%

My monitor stopped working last night. I kinda hit the power button a bit too hard, that might be relevant. Any thoughts?

A:Benq 700 won't power up

Can we have a bit more information? Like system specs, and if you tried another monitor first?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/benq-700-wont-power-up.107044/
Relevancy 42.14%

Yes another problem and yes twice in a day....ok i got a BENQ FP71G* Lcd..and my problem is that the image that it produce is somewhat dissapointing , I've done some numerous setting on It already and still the images from my monitor is lousy...yes i checked with sharpness but still...a tall-tell sign that it not ok is that my mouse pointer has a white shadow underneath it(The Arrow Pointer)....If im gonna buy a graphic card that's high end but with this kinda problem, I dont think that It'll do any justice.

A:BENQ LCD Monitor

How nuch did you spend on it? LCD monitors aren't supposed to have problems like that...I say dump it and buy from soneone like Toshiba or Sony. It just isn't worth the headache...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/benq-lcd-monitor.42453/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I have a Joybook laptop that I got a Chinese model long story how I came across it but it has a problem where it seemingly overheats When I first received the laptop it was broken I tried to fix it I booted up S53 Benq Joybook my Windows xp a Chinese version and it seemed to work and run Windows XP I then tried a windows xp setup disc of mine and it crashed when it started to load the actual setup after loading hardware I then tried my Ubuntu disc and It would start to load then say quot Critical Temperature c sending Sigkill to all processes quot or something like that I cant imagine the temperature being degrees Celsius seems awfully high for seconds into boot up After a few tries I managed to get Ubuntu installed by keep trying and now it boots up occasionally into Ubuntu my Benq Joybook S53 otherwise just gives me the temperature warning I can sometimes Get it to start X other times it wont properly load the display I cant determine what to do next taking it apart is sort of difficult but im up for the task if it my Benq Joybook S53 could possibly help I was going to open it but I didnt exactly know what to look for Well hopefully I can get some replies Ill check my Benq Joybook S53 back frequently Thanks Jamie nbsp

A:my Benq Joybook S53

Duplicate post
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/596245-my-benq-joybook-s53.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-benq-joybook-s53.596248/
Relevancy 42.14%

iM Buyin a new LCD Screen and i dunno if i shud get Acer or BenQ? they both lookin good and hooked up with Multimedia, so i kinda dunno what to choose?
which one is better Acer or BenQ??

A:Acer or BenQ?

i cant tell you which one is better, but if you would like to know which one i would choose the ACER i haven't heard anything about benQ. i have heard lots of good stuff about acer... you might try cheching consumer reviews...

u got specs on 'em?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-or-benq.56531/
Relevancy 42.14%

The new BENQ LCD Monitor (FP91E) lists an impressive 1000:1 contrast ratio with 250cd brightness.

It also list 8ms response time but it says grey-to-grey. Elsewhere I have seen it listed as a 25ms response time.

Is this 8ms grey-to-grey misleading and will true 12 ms response time LCD's have a lower grey-to-grey response time?

Has anyone bought one of these yet?

A:BENQ LCD Monitor

Hi,

I have a BENQ 19" TFT model T904.
Very pleased with it, but my gaming limit is Freecell.

hth

Ceri

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-lcd-monitor.355844/
Relevancy 42.14%

hello to you all

i have got a benq dw1600 dvd rewriter.
i cannot get this dvd rewriter to burn to dvd-r it tels me cont read disc.
on the box it com whif it says on the back ov the box it will support this disc format (dvd:dvd+r dl 8.5gb.dvd video.dvd-5. dvd-9. dvd-10.dvd-18.dvd+rw 4.7gb.dvd+r 4.7gb.dvd-rw 4.7gb (closed session). dvd-r 4.7gb......

i can get it to brun to dvd+rw whit no problems but whit dvd-r i get no where.
i use the best bruning soft nero 6.

iff some one can help me on this i will be very happy.

thank you............

A:help! please on (benq bw1600)

If you have the DW1600 then you need to get a Firmware update for the drive to write to minus DVD media. It upgrade it to the DW1620 and allow for both types of DVD's to be used.

http://support.benq.com/front/BenqM...langu=null&ops=null&GenMenu=&RootId=undefined

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-on-benq-bw1600.321301/
Relevancy 42.14%

Guys, im a bit confused for this model

BenQ VZ2350HM Flicker Free LED Monitor | BenQ Asia & Pacific

What does 14ms 5ms(gtg) means?

Why they have two numbers on it? 14ms and 5ms gtg?

Will this model cause a delay on gaming?

Im using GTX750.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395858-benq-vz2350hm.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey i have this monitor and have a DVI - HDMI adapter, In windows xp my monitor was picked up as hdmi and i could watch movies in 1080p with no problem. On windows 7 my computer is picking it up as DVI and my monitor is reading it as HDMI. It functions but its not giving me the 1080p i use to have. How do i fix this????

Relevancy 42.14%

HI all I got a problem with my Mat****a DB-MLT UJ-2205 ATA Device, on a sony vaio fz283 laptop running vista business. I burns blue ray and regular dvd's fine, but whe I try to use a DL dvd it won't burn. I tried nero and ashampoo software and nothing. Is this a known problem or is there any way to get it to work.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mat-a-db-mlt-uj-2205-ata-device-not-burning-dl-disk.790104/
Relevancy 42.14%

My CD burner wont work. I just got a new Dell this year and have never tried to burn on this computer before. The audio plays perfectly fine. When I click burn on my real player, it says "Real Player could not locate CD burner on your computer. I dont think its just a problem with Real Player because I got similar messages when I tried to use the burners on Windows Media and Music Match. For Music Match 9.0 jukebox it stated "CD recorder compatiable with Music Match has not been detected. Please make sure compatible device is attached and try again." And Windows Media 10, it states "No device detected". I basically want to know what does this all mean? How can I locate my CD burner and make sure its properly attached? If I dont have a CD burner or compatible one, can I purchase one in stores or online?

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys, my monitor is occasionally going crazy.
Sometimes when I'm in log-in account screen there are distorted colourful lines running up and down the screen.
Also when I'm switching between monitors color profiles (in the actual monitor setting, not through the Pc) certain profiles such as sRGB throw the monitor absolutely bonkers - see pictures.
Certain profiles are OK but throw the occasional trouble at log in screen - stops once logged in. Tried various cables and all without any success. Please help!
src

A:Benq xl2411t going crazey

"Also when I'm switching between monitors color profiles"
If this is happening via the built in monitor profiles it sound like the monitor is failing. If it's still under warranty contact who you purchased it from.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/benq-xl2411t-going-crazey-4608915/
Relevancy 41.71%

I hope someone can help. My burner won't open any discs...I get a message to insert one. However when I go into properties it's showing that the drive is full....It tells me the devise is working properly....I uninstalled the drive and downloaded another but when I go to install it the benq 1620 b7tp zip. isn't showing as an option.......I appreciate any help you folks can give me...Thanks

A:benq dvd burner 1620

learning2006 said:

....I uninstalled the drive and downloaded another but when I go to install it the benq 1620 b7tp zip. isn't showing as an option.......Click to expand...

Did you mean driver, or drive?
If you are running XP, I'd delete the driver(in device manager), reboot, and let windows detect new hardware, and install new driver automatically. Don't know if Windows 98 will do this, but XP will. Also check to make sure you have the latest firmware for the drive.
If all else fails, contact BenQ. They should be able to help............
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-dvd-burner-1620.437847/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello, I am having a problem because I just bought a new 144hz monitor but i realized my computer doesnt have a dvi or displayport input. Is there any way I can get 144hz or anything higher than 60hz with an hdmi cable? Thanks.

A:Benq 144hz Monitor

It seems it will work with HDMI 1.3 :- http://www.144hzmonitors.com/knowledge-base/144hz-1080p-which-cable-do-i-need/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-144hz-monitor.1162350/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there,

I am having trouble with my PC monitor. It is out of focus..very blurry but still readable..just. Any ideas on how i would fix it. I have had this monitor for a couple of years and it has always been like this.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys,

Tyson here, just wondering if you can help me out with a "little" problem.

I purchased a XL2720Z Gaming monitor which should be able to run at 120-144hz (I am using a DVI-D cable) and in settings it only lets me choose up to 60hz.

I am trying to change the framerate in AMD catalyst control centre but I am not sure how and when I tried it changed the resolution to 720P (I need to use 1080P).

Anyway I am clueless as to what to do, by the way I am running Windows 7, using a 7970 and all of my drivers are up to date.

Thanks guys.

A:BenQ XL2720Z Issue

Make sure you're using dual link DVI or use an HDMI cable.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/benq-xl2720z-issue-272229/
Relevancy 41.71%

I want to flash my benq xbox 360. what is the easiest safest way to do this without getting banned from microsoft? and do i need a SATA card or can i do it without one?

A:Flashing benq xbox360

Sorry, as this procedure can be used run copied XBOX games it is not a procedure this forum can assist you with. Therefore I'm closing this thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flashing-benq-xbox360.1021514/
Relevancy 41.71%

I can't find a driver for this scanner, and on the offical site there seems to be no progres of making a 64bit driver...
Anything I can do?

Relevancy 41.71%

Upon assembling, I pushed the BenQ LCD (model Q7T4) onto the monitor-stand.

Now it's leaning forward drunkenly & don't know how to swivel it backward. I'm afraid to force it at risk of breakage.

I also tried detaching the LCD from the base but it doesn't budge.

Is this irreversible? I don't know why they design things so non-intuitively.

Here's the pic:

http://www2.gnt.lt/scripts/DBMNet.d....L1C72.ASE&V=3&ID=995&HINTA=873,03+Lt.&LANG=1

A:SOS - BenQ LCD leaning forward - how to fix?

Most LCD's I hae seen where you attach the base yourself its 4 prongs the "click" into the base. is it leaning at such an angle that it may have been placed in the base backwards? If thats the case can you lay it down LCD side down on something soft and use a flathead screwdriver to pop out the 4 prongs that snapped into the base to begin with?

I had a user who assembled theirs wrong and this was how I fixed thiers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sos-benq-lcd-leaning-forward-how-to-fix.387755/
Relevancy 41.71%

hello
i need a driver for scanner benq s2w 4300 that can work with windows seven.Please can you help me?

A:problem with my scanner benq

Hi and welcome to TSF that model was for up to xp so no win 7 drivers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-with-my-scanner-benq-670484.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I recently bought a new monitor (Benq XL2430T) and sometimes it goes to this(Look at the picture). I wanted to check wether it is a pc issue or monitor issue so I switched the 2 dvi ports (I have 2 monitors now) and the monitor still looked the same once it got connection with my computer, while it was disconnected it gave me a black screen. My computer is 4 years old and is pretty outdated since I never upgraded it. It had some issues with it in the past so it wont suprise me if it was computer's side. Can you help me? Thanks in advance!
!!BTW, this always happens in the beginning of when I start up my pc, once it has been running for a while (aprox. 15 min), it wont happen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-benq-monitor-issue.1164784/
Relevancy 41.71%

hi, i have a problem with my BenQ cd-rw ATAPI 52x32.
when i want to eject the cd tray/case/support, it won't open. but everything else works. the led is blinking, my computer and device manager shows the cd-rw drive and it makes a noise when i push the eject button like it wants to open but the cd tray wont go out. after several tryes(between 70 pushes) it opens but when i close it it wont open again. can anybody help me please?

A:BenQ CD-RW CD Tray problem

Very likely worn gears. As cheap as CD burners are today your best bet is just to replace the burner.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-cd-rw-cd-tray-problem.932413/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello all!

Im new to this forum so first I want to say Hi! Im Jimmy. =)

Okay, I got this screen last winter as a christmas present and I do like it very much but since I play CS in 800x600(I dunno what that res is called) I want to have black bars.

I know the option "Display Mode" on my screen but that just makes it to small(it do the same res in every resolution I use). I cant find any drivers aswell for my screen, but maybe it doesnt exist =)

But as I said, I want blackbars when I play CS in 800x600 since it is not a widescreen res.
I use VGA and not dvi so that may be a problem but is it possible to get blackbars anyways?

Cya around! =) /Jimmy

Edit: Forgot to say that I have vga from the screen with a dvi adapter to my graphiccard.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there, i have this problem with my screen that i don't know how to fix.

First when i booted up (it has worked for months, not first boot), it said no signal detected. then after that when i formated and installed newer drivers (i tried a lot of drivers before reformating too) it displays te wrong resolution, it's native is 1920 x 1200
but it sets itself to 1020 x 768. when i connect it to another pc it works fine (exept for when dad rebooted that pc, the screen went no signal detected) but it ain't my pc, when i connect another 24" it displays completely fine at 1920 x 1200.

help, please.

-Marcooler

A:benq g2400w trouble

What drivers are you installing? I take it you mean graphics card (or on-board) drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-g2400w-trouble.827283/
Relevancy 41.71%

BenQ G2420HD vs BenQ V2410

Which is the better deal? I've currently have a laptop that only has a VGA and I bought the Galaxy 60XMH6HS3HMW GeForce GTX 460 GC Edtion Video Card for when I get a new computer (which will be soon).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comparing-two-benq-monitors.161534/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi all This is my first post here so would like to say Benq Monitor 22" hello to everyone Ok to kick this off i have a very frustrating monitor problem What happens is if for 22" Benq Monitor some reason when 22" Benq Monitor my pc gets shut down or restarted my monitor does not seem to have a display and comes up with quot no signal quot Sometimes when i turn my pc off at the power button and also my monitor and try to re-boot both my monitor may work at times but only like out of attempts at doing so As you can imagine its becoming very frustrating We run an at home business so we need use the internet as much as possible so i guess i am here looking for a cheaper fix rather then go out and buy a new monitor This monitor is not under warranty anymore and is about years old Any help suggestions would be highly appreciated Thank you Pc Specs -------- MSI K N-SLI Platinum Motherboard AM AMD Athlon x Dual Core x Nvidia GT x GB DDR Ram Seagate GB HDD LG Dual Layer Dvd Writer quot Benq Monitor FP W Thermaltake Toughpower w PSU nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I just got a brand new BenQ 20 Inch LCD monitor. It worked fine for 2 weeks then it started flashing red, and even on occasion, the whole picture on the monitor goes red.

I have checked my cables for bent pins and followed everything on the troubleshooting CD.

Any tips or suggestions before i go and complain to the store i got it from?

A:BenQ LCD Monitor Keeps flashing red :(

First I would try a different cable, if no change try the Monitor on a different PC, if it still doesn't work properly I would take it back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-lcd-monitor-keeps-flashing-red.751104/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey,

I just finished building my PC and currently am using it with my 42 inch TV.
However, I would like to move to a proper monitor on my desk.
I'm thinking of getting 2 monitors.
I live in Japan, and I can get this monitor at 144 USD each.

The main need is for gaming, everything from the Witcher 3 to Skyrim to DOTA 2 and future games.

Here are my PC's specs:
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/cflo/saved/KPZdnQ

Here is the monitor in question:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014377

If you could answer any of the following questions or have any insight on the monitor, I would be grateful.

Is the BenQ GL2460HM a good gaming monitor?
Is it too high/ too low quality for my GPU?
Is it a good monitor for dual display?

Is there another monitor you think makes better use of my PC's specs/ meets my needs?
I'm not wanting to spend much more than 300 USD, I may opt to buy a single monitor which is of higher quality.

Thank you

A:Is the BenQ GL2460HM a good fit for my PC?

Honestly I do not see a issue with you using that monitor. It should actually preform perfectly with your computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-benq-gl2460hm-a-good-fit-for-my-pc.217573/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Benq DVD-RW:
model ( DW1620 )

When i boot from the vista dvd it loads fine but then on the second screen says i dosn't have a driver for my dvd drive and i cannot continue!
I've can't for the life of me find a driver online for this, just useless firmware updaes.

Seriously is vista this big of a pos?

Any help or suggestions would be great, cause right now i'm completely stuck!

-Thanks,
Chris

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-dvd-r-and-vista-install.573167/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I have a laptop w/ windows xp
And for sometime now,my pc just doesn't detect my mouse.
Or it does and i can work w/ it for 5min or less
I searched to web to solve my problem, but i haven't found anything yet.

Can some1 help me?

Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Benq projector and a laptop with Windows XP. I use the projector successfully to project data all the time, but when I try to show a DVD, I get no sound or video, just the picture of the Windows Media Player. I've tried all the settings , Presentation mode, video mode on the projector to no avail. I've also tried the projector on a second laptop with the same result. What am I missing??

Thanks to all!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-a-benq-projector-playing-a-dvd.588084/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello
I installed a new usb benq hard drive.I need 2 usb ports as there is not enough power to make it work with only one.My problem is that the computer freeses quite often now while it never frose before.Do I need more memory?I figure windows explorer might use more memory because it has to work with more hard disk data.I use that external drive mostly for a backup of my computer with Acronis true image using about 20 gigs.the rest is used for downloading from a bit torrent program all sorts of things,like movies and tv shows or sports events.Then I usually transfer what I want on dvd's.
My computer is an AMD Athlon 1.7 g with only 512 mb memory.the internal drive is 40 g.I use 2 operating systems,one in English and One in Chinese.they are both windows xp.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-hard-drive-benq-75-g.614969/
Relevancy 41.28%

I bought a few days ago a benq rl2455hm monitor. on first use everything ran smoothly. the dvi-dvi cable that it came with was plugged in the vertical motherboard dvi socket. i thought that i should change the video driver so i uninstalled amd ccc. on second run (in the same socket) though it started changing colors (like in windows 8 installation ) and showing a chess board. and that's it. nothing after that. i tried the v-card socket and nothing. i tried the old monitor and that one worked. so i used the vga cable from the old one for the new one. still chessboard. i am running windows 8.1 x64. please help me guys before the return date expires. i really do not want to give up on this great screen. help much appreciated. Ive put a link with photos.

http:// https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B-zGZ0bHSXw8MDU4SWlWWk5tUGs/edit

A:Solved: Benq Monitor Broken?

Looks like the Monitor is in a diagnostic mode, check in it's manual to see how to return to normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-benq-monitor-broken.1134453/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have the same issue as another user on this forum. Not sure why, but his thread was closed -- despite not actually being solved.

A few important pieces of information:

- The LCD monitor can be revived by hooking it up to a specific laptop (in my case, the Acer that I'm using is able to get it back to normal again).

- Second, it is not an overheating issue -- as suggested in the closed thread.

- Third, it is not a fault with the backlight (also as suggested in the closed thread).

Finally, this issue began, around the same time that I was hit by a virus.

Is it possible for a virus to attack the circuitry of a modern energy star rated monitor?

... I've seen stranger things, in my time.

A:BENQ monitor turns white

This is usually the monitor or the cable. The fact that it seems to work on the laptop raises the possibility that it's the video card, but I notice you said "specific laptop" Does that mean that sometimes it stays white with other laptops? What is the refresh rate and resolution on the desktop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-monitor-turns-white.981936/
Relevancy 41.28%

Well this looks like the right place for a dinosaur like me to ask for help!

When I use my scanner, the preview window background behind the scanned image is black, (it should be, and when I originally installed was, white), so I have to fiddle around for ages and make sure I don't press any wrong buttons otherwise it would print out with the black background and use up all the black ink. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it didn't make any difference.

Please excuse me for lack of technical information! But can anyone help with this? I would like to make the background all white again!

Thanks a lot.
Chris.

A:Benq Mirascan SZW4300U problem

I don't know this model but suggest you can at least get round it by just selecting the area you want to in preview.

Boots

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/benq-mirascan-szw4300u-problem.25285/
Relevancy 41.28%

I cannot find one, all the google results are junk.

Thank you.

A:Does anyone have a driver for a BENQ M106 Mouse?

Yeah, you're right...google produces nothing. From what I've read and seen so far, that mouse looks to be pretty old. Why not just get a new more modern one...they are really inexpensive now days.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/237036-does-anyone-have-driver-benq-m106-mouse.html
Relevancy 41.28%

when i want to play a 4.3 res in cs go it comes up with black bars when i use dvi-d but when i try an hdmi cable it works just fine. and dont know what to do

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9263436a-2a1e-4874-b067-ed6f78c6a27d/display-problems-on-benq-xl2420z-using-dvid?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 41.28%

on my benq monitor i want to play on stretched in cs go but i cant seem to make it work, i used to use hdmi cable and it worked just fine but now that i use dvi-d it wont go stretched in a 4.3 res

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d297e85e-08e5-42e4-8673-ff6b0c985877/display-problems-on-benq-xl2420z-using-dvid?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 41.28%

I am not sure if this is a hardware compatability or software problem, but I have been having intermittent display problems when running Rise of Nations.

I have a P4 1.6 with 512mb RAM and a 128mb Radeon Excalibur 9200, running XP with SP1.

I have just bought a 17" Benq FP971 LCD monitor which I run through a DVI cable.

Rise of Nations ran without any problems on my old 17" CRT. Since installing the Benq, when I run RoN the screen intermittently blanks out for a second or two before coming back on.

Sometimes when it blanks for a coouple of seconds, a 'No Signal Detected' message appears briefly before coming back on.

I have tried closing down all resident programs (eg. antivirus, firewall, etc) which seems to have no effect.

Sometimes the game runs perfectly with a couple of hours play with no blanking, but there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-problems-benq-fp971.151566/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey everybody,

I'm play Counter-Strike:Global Offensive competitively and would like some help.
Currently I'm playing the game on a BenQ XL2420T with a resolution of 1024 x 768 running at 120Hz. I'd really like to play on 1280 x 960 at 120Hz however, I occasionally get a "Out of Range" message and my monitor goes black. From my understanding, this means that my monitor cannot support that resolution. Recently, I emailed BenQ about this problem and the engineer tells me the same. However, when I go into my ATI video settings, it shows me that a desktop resolution of 1280 x 960 at 120Hz is a viable resolution (no italics on 120Hz to indicate it is not recommended). As such, I am quite puzzled as to why this resolution does not work, could someone give me some ideas about why this is so?

Thanks alot!

A:BenQ XL2420T allowed resolutions

This is strange, I'm fairly sure that monitor should be able to run 1080p at 120Hz.

What GPU do you have, and what sort of cable are you using to connect it to the monitor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/benq-xl2420t-allowed-resolutions.189715/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey, not sure if this is where to post this but, here goes.

I was just wondering about refresh rates.. what should i be setting mine to.. i cant see a difference between 60hz and 75 hz... i play alot of games, battlefield 2, Half life 2, etc mostly FPS's. can someone tell me what i should set mine to. oh and im running an eVGA Geforce FX 5500 256mb video card.

A:BenQ T905 LCD monitor question

LCDs don't have the traditional refresh rate so the setting generally has no effect. But if the manufacturer states to use a specific refresh rate then you should set it to that for whatever reason. The one thing it can affect is the highest frame rate in games. If you set a game to wait for vertical sync then the maximum FPS will be linked to the refesh rate, which even 60 is more then enough. So for that higher is better, and for CRT's higher is better to avoid the flicker.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-t905-lcd-monitor-question.447667/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

I have been using BenQ FP71E+ monitor for more than 2 yrs now. Of late, I am experiencing this problem that the monitor shows a black screen on switching on the power. It does show the BenQ image for 2 seconds but after that, a black screen comes up. Sometimes, removing and replugging the VGA cable into the CPU makes it work but thats 1 out of 10 times. I dont know whether the cable is faulty or theres some problem with the LCD.

I hope someone here can help me understand n solve my problem.

Gitika.

A:BenQ FP71E+ monitor not working

HI people,

Dont know if I will get any solutions here but now I am experiencing a different problem. Now, my monitor does start but turns black after 5 min. Switching off the monitor and switching it on again makes the display come back again, say for 10 secs or so ( sometimes even a few minutes ).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-fp71e-monitor-not-working.872924/
Relevancy 41.28%

I had a Samsung 2443 BWT 24 incher but the DVD quality on it SUCKED something awful so I RMA'd it for a refund. When I get my money back, I'm gonna get either a BenQ E2400 HD or an Asus VW246H.

Can anyone suggest which one to get? I know the Asus is cheaper but I want to get the better of the displays.

I also had an issue with the top half of the Samsung being brighter than the bottom half.....come to find out it was just the lighting. The Samsung had VERY bad viewing angles! I know TN panels are notorious for this but the Samsung was very bad IMO. I have an LG L204WT and it's viewing angles are twice what the Samsung is and it's just a 20 incher. At any rate, I'm leaning heavily toward the BenQ right now but the Asus looks good too.

A:BenQ E2400 HD or Asus VW246H?

*Bump*
Anybody??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-e2400-hd-or-asus-vw246h.851869/
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm crossposting this from SevenForums and EightForums in case someone searches this forum for these drivers Please let me know if this is not allowed Acer/BenQ scanner Old (x84, drivers x64) before removing this thread Thanks --- This is just a FYI as I had just managed to get my own Acer U scanner up and running Old Acer/BenQ scanner drivers (x84, x64) in Win x This driver also works in Win to Win The same drivers work for the following abandoned Acer BenQ scanner models U U U U U U UT UT UT U BT BU U U U U x -bit x zip x -bit x zip replace the INF with this newer one here - - x with scan size fix by McReall amp newer INF x zip All drivers are unsigned and this poses a problem if you are using x as you will either need to completely disable Old Acer/BenQ scanner drivers (x84, x64) the driver signing check or sign the x drivers yourself I recommend the latter as it's actually quite easy Simply follow this guide here Some pointers The tools you need makecert Inf cat signtool can be found in the Windows SDK and the Windows Driver Kit You don't need to install everything Just check the quot Tools quot in both the web installers will do If you cannot download the SDKs due to filesize GB I zipped the tools and you can download them here But please download from Microsoft whenever possible When making your own cert using makecert add the -pe parameter so that you can export the private key of the certificate later useful for installing your own signed drivers again on a different PC in the future To export simply right-click your certificate in the MMC snap-in You need to use the newer INF in the Pastebin as the old one will not sign or validate correctly To scan in Windows after driver installation simply go to Devices and Printers right-click your scanner and click Start Scan You can also use the Metro 'Scan' app although previewing scans return a very blurry image - - Collection of useful posts by other members in EightForums McReall Hex-editing driver file acerscad dll to fix hardcoded letter-size scans onlymurch Disabling driver signing check in Windows

A:Old Acer/BenQ scanner drivers (x84, x64)

hello,

In first, very good work and very good explanation.

My issue : i use my old acer 640 BU in W10 64bits with your explanation. I use the metro application (and also fax and Scan of Windows). The scan starts. At the end of the page A4, i get an error "Error occure... see documentation of hardware". The preview fonctionnality of "faxAndScan" give the good image. And after that, i teste in my old millenium ( yes i use it for only the scan ) and the scan is good. So i think there is a bug in the dll "acerscad.dll".
Does someone know how i can resolve this issue?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/22184-old-acer-benq-scanner-drivers-x84-x64.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a BenQ FP731, the power turns on fine, but nothing comes up... it stays black. I am using a different older monitor now, and everything it working fine. Is there anyway to fix this?

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I ve been having a few problems with my BenQ FP E Monitor as stated in the title The Monitor works fine for a while but after around minutes sometimes the monitor will black out upon close inspection it is clear there is still a picture but way too dark to make out it would seem that the backlight is blowing but i highly doubt this because My old same make monitor started having this problem after about years It was still under warranty so i recieved this monitor which has had the same problem since day one There seems to be stages of death one where the monitor goes dark and after about a second blacks completely This problem can be remedied for a short while by turning off the Monitor FP71E BenQ Out Blacking monitor waiting for about seconds and turning it back on but only for another or minutes Any help would be greatly appreciated i m well and truly stumped on this one Thanks guys -Jamie nbsp

A:BenQ FP71E Monitor Blacking Out

Well it sounds like a defect in the monitor in any case, and it will require to be serviced by Benq or a monitor repair center. Benq's should have a 3 year warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-fp71e-monitor-blacking-out.735283/
Relevancy 41.28%

Not sure whether to get the GL2450HM or not , wondering if someone could help , ive got this for my 360 : http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Audio-Video-HDMI-AV-Cable-Gaming-Cables-For-XBOX-360-Bulk-Packaging-/00/s/MTI0OFgxMjQ4/z/JcAAAOxyhTFSSCVz/$T2eC16FHJIgFHR,VOjYJBSSCVy4P2Q~~60_57.JPG for my senheissers

Also when i had an LG 23 inch IPS before (had to sent it back due to backlight fault), my games were laggy on my PC (never tested on xbox) but on my current 15 inch PC monitor it was fine

Please help

Cheers

Alan

A:BenQ GL2450HM Monitor Query

Hiyya Alan I am wondering mate have you tried the monitor controls themselves?? I have a GL 2440 and find I can do a fair bit with the inbuilt controls. Mind you I am assuming by not knowing what that text is all about it is graphical problem and see my pic

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/307398-benq-gl2450hm-monitor-query.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, I want to know what would be the better choice among LCD Monitors
The Samsung 710N II or the BenQ FP71G+.
Samsung 710N II
$305 CDN

BenQ FP71G+
$299 CDN

Both do not support DVI as I am no enthusiast, and also I've heard both these monitors perform alsmot as well as DVI.

Which one is best for your money?

Cheers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-monitor-showdown-samsung-vs-benq.386202/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all
i just bought a benQ G925HDA monitor to have as my second monitor. i cant find a driver anywhere online. also i dont know id this is because i havent installed a driver yet but windows doesnt detect it. i hav a xfx radeon hd6850 dual fan. it has 2 dvi outputs and 2 hdmi. the lead i have is a vga lead but with an adapter on the end. my other monitor is plugged in the top dvi and the new monitor in the bottom dvi.

any help will b much apreciated fols

A:cant find a driver fo benq monitor

Many of these things don't have any extra drivers.

Right click on the desktop, choose "Screen Resolution", you can set up the displays there;

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/155426-cant-find-driver-fo-benq-monitor.html
Relevancy 41.28%

My BenQ T905 monitor (cabled as an auxiliary monitor to my Mac PowerBook G4 laptop) worked fine for about a year (purchased Nov. 05). Then several months ago, I noticed it was flashing a few times when booting up. Nothing else was problematic, so I assumed it was a minor glitch.

Today, with my Macintosh Powerbook powered up for several hours, suddenly my BenQ monitor dimmed and the light started sort of draining down and away. The whole thing went black and, as it did, I heard a small pop come from somewhere in back of it.

I turned it off, then back on. When I do, I see the "BenQ" logo for a split second before it goes to solid black again. Is my monitor fried? Or is there something I can try to coax it back to life?

A:BenQ T905 faded to black

Is it still under any kind of warranty? I doubt it, but you gotta ask.

Can you see anything if you shine a flashlight at the screen and look very close?
If the backlight burned out the screen will still work, but it will be almost impossible to see.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-t905-faded-to-black.617533/
Relevancy 41.28%

I cannot get this monitor out of stretched display mode Specs GeForce FX T2200HD out get BenQ display - cannot of stretched P Ghz BenQ T2200HD - cannot get out of stretched display Win XP home I ve used the latest Nvidia driver an old one and Windows native drivers for it The old drivers and Windows only offer x x and x all of which stretch the screen The newest drivers offer a bunch of ratio resolutions but the same thing happens the screen remains stretched and sometimes the display goes beyond the edges Funny thing is I have an identically specced computer the only difference being it has an E monitor and it gets x flawlessly Same old Nvidia driver as well Any ideas on how to fix this I called the shop I bought it off and they swear blind it s a driver issue It probably is but it boggles my mind why the same driver works like a charm with the E HD when apprently it and the T HD are the same except for the former has built in sound Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all I have a relative s Benq laptop runing XP that shows its connected to the internet in network connections but fails to load webpages It all started when it was running very poorly thought it may have been a worm but scans were Internet Issue Connection Benq negative Installed more ram for a total of GB and blew XP Home of the face of the planet bought and loaded Pro onto it So the internet was quot working quot before the reload When I say working the laptop was so slow that webpages would time out but eventualy we could get them to load With the new clean install of XP Pro I can Benq Internet Connection Issue download updates for programs and can use google can do searches It can also load some Australian hosted pages For pages it doesnt load it just seems to time out Very simmilar result as you would expect when your internet is shaped I thought thats what it was at first but the other computers on the network sharing the same connection are fine working fine The cat isnt an issue as i have tried another PC s cable with the exact same ofcourse different MAC networking options I have taken the laptop home and it works fine on both wireless and wired connection Because it is working at home I am finding it hard to replicate and therefore narrow down the problem so have reset the ip stack done the winsock fix Running out of ideas as a last resort I may have to load to ghosted image and see what is different Summary Recap Slow laptop With home Installed more RAM and reinstalled XP but pro edition Internet works fine on my network Only some webpages Hosted in Australia work on relatives network Internet looks like it is connected in Network Connections Thank you all for your time and reading through all that it was an effort to type so must have been awful to read nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

I bought the BENQ EW2420 monitor and I have a problem when using the standard VGA driver.
The screen is 1920x1080 but as I change GPU drivers, the screen will load the standard VGA driver and will not allow me to select more that 1024x768 display.
The display then has huge black borders around the edge, why does it do this?
Thanks.

A:Resolution problem with BENQ EW2420?

You need to install the drivers for your evga gtx295!! Go to nvidia for those: NVIDIA DRIVERS 275.33 WHQL

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/178272-resolution-problem-benq-ew2420.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello All,

I'm buying this monitor: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/123982

Any last thoughts before I buy it? I normally have a habit of buying something, only to find something significantly better a week or two later...

Regards,

Alex.

A:I'm buying the Benq FP241W, any last thoughts?

Glad to see you've made the decision. Unfortunately, there's always going to be something better that comes along in a week or two; that's just how the PC market is I'm afraid. That monitor is pretty damn nice though, you shouldn't need anything more at the moment. Just make sure you have a video card that can handle the max resolution and you'll be set. Also make sure to post up a pic of that thing when you get it all set up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-buying-the-benq-fp241w-any-last-thoughts.110883/
Relevancy 41.28%

Please help! I can't find the appropriate internet drivers for Benq joybook 6000. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

A:Drivers for Benq Joybook 6000

can't find them on their website. You might have to resort to trusting 3rd party site.
http://driverscollection.com/?H=Joybook 6000&By=BenQ
be careful what you click. There is alot of graphics that say download but if read carefully you will see what you have to do to get the driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-for-benq-joybook-6000.954056/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi everyone I've installed windows everyone so far flawlessly on my desktops at home and now I've come to a specific problem which I cant seem to figure out The laptop is a BenQ Joybook N with a processor GB ram and gb space I have windows ultimate x dvd which I've used on my other desktops but when I boot to the external usb cdrom drive for the laptop it has quot Installation Joybook 6000 BenQ on Windows is loading files quot flashing and flickering at the top of the screen which you can barely make out what it says IT seems like a video problem Installation on BenQ Joybook 6000 but im unable Installation on BenQ Joybook 6000 to plug this laptop into a external monitor to see if it makes a difference and lets me get past that step I've also left it for a good hours and it just keeps jerking around and flickers at the top of the screen Made a USB bootable image of windows ultimate but the laptop cannot boot to USB unfortunately Windows XP runs flawlessly on the laptop and is installed at the moment I've tried a different windows installation DVD for win and it did not help Anyone got any ideas or what else I could try Thanks guys

A:Installation on BenQ Joybook 6000

Can you install in safe mode? Hit F8 (usually) when booting and select safe mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/46013-installation-benq-joybook-6000-a.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, I have old benq (mirascan) 5250C scanner

Are there any Vista 64 drivers for this scanner and if there is where can I find them?

I would like to keep benq scanner,,, it has small profile like canon and works well on XP

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/141112-benq-5250c-scanner-drivers.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello
I have a benq 1655 dvd rw and lately it seems that I cannot use it for a long time.When I try to watch a movie,my cpu usage goes up to 100 then floats between 25 and 100 and makes it impossible to watch.also I cannot open the drive to remove the dvd.the only way is to restart the computer.I have checked for a new driver but the internet says that there is no new driver for that hardware.I removed the drive from the system and restarted.Windows saw new hardware and reinstalled it .I still have the same problem.
Any ideas please.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-1655-dvd-brings-up-cpu-usage-to-100.842741/
Relevancy 41.28%

Have recently switched to Vista. Unable to get my Benq Flatbed scanner W3300U working. Will appreciate suggestions to get it going. Thank you.

A:Benq W3300U and Microsoft Vista

Try this alternative driver/software package: http://www.hamrick.com/

But Benq themselves do not seem to offer any support for Vista for that unit being its an outdated unit. If the above software doesn't work you would have to consider a new scanner.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/benq-w3300u-and-microsoft-vista.796501/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello everyone Here is my problem with the BENQ DW I was burning music cds when all of a sudden when I just inserted a CD-R in my DVD drive stopped It just started spinning for half a second then stopped It repeated or times then stopped My computer didn t detect any CD in the DVD drive Luckily I bought the Service Plan from Future shop so I can return the product any time I want They gave me a new one it worked fine I put a normal Music CD in until I put a blank CD-R in then the same thing happened Thinking the problem was that particular type of CD-R Since the problem occured after I put the exact same type of CD-R in the first time I returned it again and they gave me a new one but the same problem happened when I put any CD DVD in Since the Hardware Problem is eliminated does any of you know a known issue or have a solution for this problem Thanks in advance Fred nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/benq-dw1620-wont-start-spinning.28474/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi guys, my monitor is ocassionally going crazy. Sometimes when I'm in log-in account screen there are distorted colorful lines running up and down the screen. Also when I'm switching between monitors color profiles (in the actual monitor setting, not through the Pc) certain profiles such as sRGB throw the monitor absolutely bonkers - see pictures. Certain profiles are OK but throw the occasional trouble at log in screen - stops once logged in. Tried various cables and all without any success. Please help!
href here
[url=

A:LCD monitor going nuts - Benq XL2411t

1]: [click here 2]: [click here

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/lcd-monitor-going-nuts-benq-xl2411t-4608912/
Relevancy 41.28%

This is just a FYI as I had just managed to get my own Acer U scanner up and running in Win x This driver also works in Win to Win The x64) drivers (x84, Old scanner Acer/BenQ same drivers work for the following abandoned Acer BenQ scanner models U U U U U U UT UT UT U BT BU U U U U x -bit x zip x -bit x zip replace the INF with this newer one Old Acer/BenQ scanner drivers (x84, x64) here - - x with scan size fix by McReall amp newer INF x zip All drivers are unsigned and this poses a problem if you are using x as you will either need to completely disable the driver signing check or sign the x drivers yourself I recommend the latter as it's actually quite easy Simply follow this guide here Some pointers The tools you need makecert Inf cat signtool can be found in the Windows SDK and the Windows Driver Kit You don't need to install everything Just check the quot Tools quot in both the web installers will do If you cannot download the SDKs due to filesize GB I zipped the tools and you can download them here But please download from Microsoft whenever possible When making your own cert using makecert add the -pe parameter so that you can export the private key of the certificate later useful for installing your own signed drivers again on a different PC in the future To export simply right-click your certificate in the MMC snap-in You need to use the newer INF in the Pastebin as the old one will not sign or validate correctly To scan in Windows after driver installation simply go to Devices and Printers right-click your scanner and click Start Scan You can also use the Metro 'Scan' app although previewing scans return a very blurry image - - Collection of useful posts by other members in this thread McReall Hex-editing driver file acerscad dll to fix hardcoded letter-size scans onlymurch Disabling driver signing check in Windows

A:Old Acer/BenQ scanner drivers (x84, x64)

Thank you so much for this post. I got the scanner to work on Windows 7, 64 bit.

Have you noticed that with this driver the scanner will only scan "US letter" format (11" x 8.5")? A4 is about 11.7", so due to this glitch in the driver, the scanner has become worthless, since I can't scan a full page A4 any more (which worked with previous drivers on XP and W7, 32 bit).

I tried to find an updated version of AcerScad.dll, which is the DLL providing the WIA interface for Windows, but didn't find anything.

I looked at the DLL in a hex editor, but it's not clear where the obviously hard-coded paper format is set. So sad. :-((

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/16245-old-acer-benq-scanner-drivers-x84-x64.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I would like to watch videos on my Windows laptop and have the audio play from my Android phone. Is this possible?

The reason I want to do this is my audio jack on my laptop seems to be broken. I'm often in the library or others places where headphones are essential.

A:How to Stream Audio on Android Device while keeping Video on Windows Device

That would be very difficult.
Lets first find out if your if your Audio jack is broken.
Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc Right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager are there any yellow flags? If so, these devices need drivers installed.
What is the make and model# of your laptop? Go to the manufacturers support/download drivers and type in your make and model# or service tag # and download the Chipset and Audio driver for your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/how-to-stream-audio-on-android-device-while-keeping-video-on-windows-device-763282.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Okay add to the questions... when i first start my computer up now it says add new hardware and it says something like its searching...... for USB Imaging Device, windows was unable to locate driver for this device..whats this mean?? how do i fix this? I right clicked on my computer, properties, Device manger..there is a yellow ? beside other Devices the the little thing that comes below it has a yellow ? with(!) over it. USB Imaging Device..whats all this mean??? does it have anything to do with why i can install my new modem?
thanks much
Leigh

A:USB Imaging Device, windows was unable to locate driver for this device..whats this m

At some stage recently you have placed a new scanner/digital camera, or the likes of, in your computer. Windows hasn't been able to apply a driver to that device and so it asks you if you want to connect to the internet to try and find a matching driver on the microsoft web site. The problem is easily solved. If you still have the device connected and plan on using it, then grab the CD that came with it and follow the installation instructions on it. If you don't have it connected then go back to the 'my computer' 'properties' into 'device manager'. In there disable the imaging device that has the yellow ! next to it. And hopefully next time you restart, no more problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-imaging-device-windows-was-unable-to-locate-driver-for-this-device-whats-this-m.440902/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate. Since very recently an unknown device keeps popping up in the device manager every time I start Win. It's reported location is within the front USB root hub but I haven't changed there anything lately. The device status reports "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)". I can uninstall/disable it but it will get picked up again the next time I reboot. All other usb devices (mouse, keyboard, web camera, APC UPS, external drive, printer) work fine. How do I get rid of this nuisance so that it doesn't reappear?

A:Unknown device: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Cod

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-device-windows-has-stopped-this-device-because-it-has-reported-problems-cod.884277/
Relevancy 40.85%

We have some symbol windows mobile-based handheld devices that we use in our business nbsp We connect these devices to our computers to copy files to nbsp This all worked fine until recently the devices failed. Powershot SOLVED:Windows Mobile-based cameras Device MTP showing Canon and and USB code 19 device come up as failed It appears in device manager with a yellow exclamation point Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged nbsp Code I've tried all the solutions I can find on the web and none of them work Including Uninstall the device in device manager and scan for changes nbsp It downloads the driver from windows-update and returns to code Tried hardware troubleshooter which basically seems to automate the process of uninstalling and scanning I've tried removing windows media player feature and adding it back I've tried deleting USB controllers from SOLVED:Windows Mobile-based device and Canon Powershot cameras showing code 19 and MTP USB Device failed. Device Manager and rebooting it re-detects them all and still gets code on the device I've tried deleting upper and lower filter values in the registry which I found out later is mainly for CD DVD devices that didn't fix anything I've tried removing and re-installing Windows Mobile Device Center and driver pack and that did not fix it either Additionally Canon Powershot camera gives us similar results nbsp MTP USB Device failed nbsp This is so far happening on of our workstations that we know of At first we thought it was due to windows updates but nothing recent has been installed that looks related and we installed all available updates on a laptop with a fresh install of windows and it does not exhibit this problem nbsp We also thought it might be Forefront Endpoint Protection as we just started installing that about weeks ago nbsp However that was also installed on the laptop with the fresh copy of Windows and did not cause any problems We've run out of options other than to try a repair install of windows which I'd like to avoid especially if this turns up on more than the computers

A:SOLVED:Windows Mobile-based device and Canon Powershot cameras showing code 19 and MTP USB Device failed.

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

Do you have Kaspersky installed? Kaspersky Filter driver caused that any USB device could not connect.

It is suggested to have a look at the following registry. Make a backup of it and remove the Upperfilters setting:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{EEC5AD98-8080-425F-922A-DABF3DE3F69A}

“Upperfilters” = klfltdrv

If the issue persists, please find a working machine and compare the registry settings.

Best Regards

Magon Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support
in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact
[email protected]

Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f424e04a-818b-415c-b3ec-1fbc6507f806/solvedwindows-mobilebased-device-and-canon-powershot-cameras-showing-code-19-and-mtp-usb-device?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 40.85%

Benq Joybook laptop Motherboard BENQ Montara-GM North Benq & Win98se Joybook laptop 6000 Bridge Intel Montara-GM i GME South Bridge Intel DBM ICH -M BIOS Insyde CPU Mobile Intel Pentium M-A MHz RAM MB PC DDR SDRAM Video Intel Extreme Graphics AC Audio Controller Intel DB M ICH Codec Analog Devices AD B USB Controller Intel DB M ICH -M Modem Intel DB M ICH -M - Modem Controller B- Wireless Intel PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Firewire Ricoh RL C IEEE Controller PCMCIA OS Originally WinXP SP Optical Drive External Win98se & Benq Joybook 6000 laptop via USB BenQ combo DW- E NO diskette drive This laptop belongs to a friend who is a young student and needs it but cannot afford the repairs so I offered to take a look It soon became apparent to me that it may not be worth repairing The hard disk was totally messed up probably due to someone trying to make things better The only way to reinstall the OS is via the optical drive which connects via the USB but the two onboard USB ports appear to be dead The drive when connected does not show up in the BIOS The BIOS correctly reports the GB hard disk but says no optical drive present The CDROM drive works fine in other computers so it looks like the USB ports are indeed dead Repairing this would probably cost more than it is worth So booting with an XP installation CDROM from the usb optical drive is impossible I can remove the hard drive and connect it to another computer but AFAIK it is not possible to copy the XP installation disk to the hard drive and then install from there If someone knows how to do this with XP please let me know I managed to install WIN SE on that drive and the computer is running sort of on Win SE now but I have a TON of problems mostly related to drivers which I cannot find and which may not even exist I have already spent some time dealing with the problems which came up and have managed to resolve quite a few but there are a few where I am not making any headway and I would like to see if someone can help I do not expect anyone to attempt them all but if you can help me resolve just one that would be great help Some are more important than others but none are essential It is just that the computer is quite crippled as it is and it is a nuisance So here we go I got the Ethernet to work OK so I have LAN and Internet access which is good -Floppy diskette drive As I said there is no physical drive and it does not show up in the Device manager but it does show up in Windows Explorer and sometimes the computer will hang when it automatically tries to search for something like a driver there How can I remove the A diskette drive from Windows Explorer and the OS generally It seems WIN se just assumed you had an A floppy drive without even asking -Monitor Display I found a driver for Win SE which works well except that the aspect ratio of the display is and the image is stretched horizontally from and is washed out due to this I can live with it but it would be better to fix it if possible I think the problem is not with the video driver but with the monitor definition The monitor is simply listed as quot plug amp play quot but there is no information available in WIN se as the display is newer than win se How could I get hold of a monitor inf file which correctly describes the HxV resolution etc and would resolve this problem I have no idea what driver te sceen would have or where to find it -Optical drive As I said it is USB and the two USB ports on the MOBO appear to be shot although more about that later But there is a PCMCIA card with two USB ports which work OK The problem is I would need drivers for the BenQ combo DW- E remember win se In the meanwhile no optical drive In the Device manager there are only a couple of yellow question marks when there are more than two items not working I believe one is the - Intel PRO Wireless BG Network Connection I have been unable to find a Win se driver for this Not essential but again nice to have - USB ports Th... Read more