Windows Support Forum

How to Copy Songs/Music to CD by using Media Player or Roxio?

Q: How to Copy Songs/Music to CD by using Media Player or Roxio?

Hello:
I want to copy CD/music which contains fantastic songs.

Is there any way for me to copy those songs by using Windows Media Player or Roxio?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to Copy Songs/Music to CD by using Media Player or Roxio?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to Copy Songs/Music to CD by using Media Player or Roxio?

Are you wanting to burn them to a music CD? Do you just want to copy and move them to another storage device?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-copy-songs-music-to-cd-by-using-media-player-or-roxio-855690.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3069 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 294331 MB, Free - 105768 MB; D: Total - 10911 MB, Free - 1729 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 30CB
Antivirus: Norton 360 Premier Edition, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Hi I just want to know how to get my songs into the music folder from window media player, it won't even let me send the songs from Media Player to a flash drive either???

A:Solved: get songs into 'Music' from windows media player

you could copy all your songs to itunes-then from itunes to your music folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-get-songs-into-music-from-windows-media-player.1090889/
Relevancy 90.73%

I have windows vista operating system.
I loaded my music into media player. It plays ok.
So then I want to transfer it to my Apple ipod nano.
I click on sync and transfer the required music to the right where it says drag items here to create a sync list. Easy.
At the top right of the screen it says connect a device. I plug in the ipod nano to a usb port (and I tried two) but it is not recognised. So I cannot transfer my music to my nano.

Relevancy 77.4%

hi i am running windows 7 media player.Everytime i burn a music cd the player burns all the songs twice. you dont notice its done it untill i reinsert the cd then you see in the list that there are two copies of every song.Is there a setting im missing or is it an error. If someone could help that would be great.

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi Please help First time on a forum to fix my pc a bit of a novice I was cleaning up pc removing will only play songs some media player programs rarely used deleted tracks i never listen to from media player and also ran a defragment My media player disappeared but could be accessed through my music in my documents clicking on a track opened the media player During my clean-up I removed restore points but one from the day before remained I restored and the media player has reappeared but still will not play all the tracks in my library media player will only play some songs I can however play tracks that wont play in media player by going to my music the track then opens and plays in media player even though it has just refused to play in media player If I then select another track in media player the message A number of queued files cannot be played To find information about the problem click the Now Playing tab and media player will only play some songs then click the icon next to each file in the List pane When I click on the blue icon it asks me if I want to delete missing track I know the all tracks are still on my computer in my music file please help me to get my media player going I am on xp Thanks in advance nbsp

A:media player will only play some songs

You may need to reinstall your version of windows media player.Here is a link to all versions of wmp
http://www.oldversion.com/Windows-Media-Player.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-player-will-only-play-some-songs.955501/
Relevancy 76.54%

I want to extract a large number of songs from one of my Windows media Player playlists. Of course the songs are in a wma format, and I want to burn them onto a CD that my portable cd/mp3/wma player can read.

Does anyone know how to Extract the songs themselves? I have tried playing around in explorer and stuff but for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

The playlist contains certain songs from a ton of different albums, and I don't have the time to go and pick them individually out of each album to burn.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extracting-songs-from-media-player-playlist.224423/
Relevancy 76.54%

I burned a disk of various songs with Windows Media Player, and then removed the songs from the computer. I would now like to put those songs BACK on my computer (using Windows Media Player) so I could put some on my mp3 player. However, when I open Windows Media Player and put the disk in the drive, I am not given the option to rip the songs. That option just doesn't appear. Oddly enough, a list of the songs on the disk appears on the right in the "list" area so the disk is being read. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 76.54%

I purchased a new Cowon S9 Portable Media Player, and the software provided for me to update it with new music (which was JetAudio) will not correctly play MP3 files that have been burnt onto the system from a CD. The CD's are obviously legit and will play perfectly in iTunes and work on an iPod no problem. But the case is for JetAudio and Windows Media Player the files do not even show up in the player library and if dragged and dropped straight into the file path of the Cowon MP3 player's memory, this has the same result and no mp3 files will show. Does anyone know why this may be?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-wont-play-songs-from-cds.925603/
Relevancy 76.54%

I downloaded some mp3s and in Nero I burnt them to CD. The problem is they ended up on the CD without names or any meta data. I ripped them into my library with Windows Media player 10. Of course they were listed as unknown in Media Player. I went into Explorer and changed the album name. But the change didn't show up in Media Player.

I have a couple of questions about this. How can I make the change I made in Explorer show up in Media Player? Can I add information when I rip?

Thanks,

royeo

A:How to change the names of songs Media Player 10

I have used windows media player to sync up with my mp3 player. To change the song title, artist, etc I opened the media player, clicked on library and then right clicked on the song and selected edit. At that point, you can edit any information for that song.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-the-names-of-songs-media-player-10.506282/
Relevancy 76.54%

Well folks, not sure what I did, but I managed to duplicate all the songs in my Windows 7 Media Player. I have a three week old laptop with Windows 7; really struggling with file management and layout in "libraries", that is, easily accessing my music, some guitar software files, etc.; somehow I installed my music folder onto the WMP again . Anyone know how I can reverse this situation, so I don't have to go through every album and delete? Also, I have "test deleted" a couple of songs from the WMP library, and they are also deleted from the original file. I have selected "delete from library only" from the manage menu, but they appear to have disappeared completely. Baby steps please, as Windows 7 has me really spooked... I miss XP! Thanks to all in advance.

A:duplicate songs in Windows 7 Media Player

Thanks for your suggestion! I did find the problem, I had a duplicate music folder (all my songs) within the original music folder containing all my songs. Once I deleted the original file, the duplicate songs in the library disappeared. I suspect I may have inadvertently dragged it in there, as I have a very sensitive touch pad, and I am still getting used to it (always been a mouse guy). Have been using the tutorials on the Microsoft site, and that has also been helpful. Thanks again for trying to help!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e887d06f-2a6c-461c-ad07-e567a935ded7/duplicate-songs-in-windows-7-media-player?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello everyone my name is Robert. I'm new here. Just thought I'd introduce myself.

Anyways here's my first question
I want to be able to play my Ipod songs on Windows Media Player. Even though I was able to when I opened the Ipod Control/Music Folder, the songs are out of order and labeled with these weird letters and numbers.
So how can my ipod songs be labeled and organized(like they are itunes) in order play them on the Windows Media Player?
I'd deeply appreciate the feedback.

A:Ipod Songs On Windows Media Player

Welcome to TSG, Robert.

I see that this thread is marked as Solved. Assuming you found the solution to the problem, can you post what it was?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipod-songs-on-windows-media-player.964604/
Relevancy 76.54%

My windows media player, version 12 for windows 7, does not find my songs for my library.

i have set it up so that they look in a certain folder, i have checked that the songs are actually in that folder, but still no ball. for some strange reason, it finds them maybe one in ten times i open it, if i'm lucky.

i can open them to play them, but they still don't stop in the library. all that is there is the horrandous few songs that came with the computer, howver, they don't actually play either. probably just as well though. any help much appreciated. i have checked and the player is running on the latest update.

Thanks

dave

A:windows media player songs missing

Please let me know if there is any other information I can be providing on the issue

thanks
dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-songs-missing.1054361/
Relevancy 76.54%

This subject was discussed starting in October of between danfordan and longhair but it didn t seem to come to a conclusion The twice burns songs Media Windows Player original writer said he was having trouble using CD-RW s I am having trouble using regular cd-r s My system numbers are listed below The first time I used the Windows Media Player to make a CD everything went great I loaded the CD dragged the four files containg songs in each and made a great data cd with oldies When I tried to do it again a few days later to make a copy for a friend the files were burned in the following order and I had songs on the CD songs TWICE Thinking this was a fluke I tried it again using a different file I used Windows Media Player burns songs twice different oldies totalling mb s When I burned it all songs came up twice again First of all why is it burning twice and secondly how does mb s burn twice on a mb cd-r Thanks Bobbyob Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II Dual-Core M AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway SJV TR Rev LXWGC B C Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

so, i think the problem is bc i installed the service pack 2 update for vista. ever since then, none of my songs show up in the library of wmp. i've tried to manually add the folders that my songs are in to the library, but that doesn't work. wmp will play my songs if i drag them into the player, but they don't go into my actual library. they just temporarily stay in the 'now playing' list until i close out of the program. does anyone know what's wrong with my player?
((

A:no songs showing up in windows media player

so, i think the problem is bc i installed the service pack 2 update for vista. ever since then, none of my songs show up in the library of wmp. i've tried to manually add the folders that my songs are in to the library, but that doesn't work. wmp will play my songs if i drag them into the player, but they don't go into my actual library. they just temporarily stay in the 'now playing' list until i close out of the program. does anyone know what's wrong with my player?((I have had the same problem in xp pronewly installed os with new hd updated mp cant keep track of librarycopied files from my music on f drive(old hd) still confusionhow do we get control

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272316/no-songs-showing-up-in-windows-media-player/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi everyone. My Windows Media Player (not sure which version it is but I have Windows Vista and the most recent version of Windows Media Player) skips towards the end of songs. They are .wma files. I tried Windows Update like the help file recommended but Windows is already up to date. Also, I don't believe the files are corrupted because they played fine on my old computer and WMP is doing this to all of my music files. I tried searching the knowledge base at Microsoft but to no avail. Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-skips-towards-end-of-songs.826393/
Relevancy 76.11%

Can anyone help me understand why I cannot get the Roxio cd burning feature on MP9 to work on Windows ME?? I have searched and searched for the answer...I get error message that "there is not device capable of burning cds on this computer...well, gees, I thought that Roxio did that very thing! Would appreciate any suggestions you may have...am about the burn the cds the old fashioned way..fire 'em up!

Relevancy 76.11%

Hey everyone,
When i bought mydell last year, it came with Roxio media player. I never used it or anything so i uninstalled it all.
I got a blackberry storm for christmas this year and now i need the software again.
Does anyone know where i can find it?
Thanks,
Ben

A:Roxio Media player download?

sorry guys nevermind. I found a link. I just needed an update thats all.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/202699-roxio-media-player-download.html
Relevancy 76.11%

hi just joined looking for some help and advice PLEASE I have rebuilt my pc installed roxio after would work properly got that installed then media player wouldnt play dvd files but power dvd an old version did work version And Media 10 Intervideo Player 9 /roxio for xp so Media Player 10 /roxio 9 And Intervideo i decided to buy power dvd version which i haven installed yet i was puzzled as to why media player wouldnt play dvds apparently it is to do wiyh no mpeg codec so thats why i have bought the latest power dvd the reasoning being get the latest versions and upgrade the older software i then started getting problems with software called intervideo player which somehow sneaked onto my pc causing chaos with autoplay of dvds and cds i wasnt sure whether to remove it i dont know how it got there in the first place but it has been a pain can i safely remove it or disable it there appears to be far too many players competing and this is the source of my problems can anyone advise me the best course of action currently i have windows home xp power dvd is installed and roxio ds suite i would prefer windows to play audio and video power dvd for dvd playback i have xvid for my camera video playback which seems ok once i have configured the pc and hopefully blocked removed intervideo player hopefully that will sort this mess out i have just spent pounds on new power dvd software which i suspect i didnt need before i upgraded to roxio i had media play and just power dvd which worked just fine i only installed media player as roxio required it please help to resolve my software chaos i have tried to keep burning software to just one item but they seem to have installed all manner of players there where no options to decline intervideo either Thanks nbsp

A:Media Player 10 /roxio 9 And Intervideo

Hi Whiskers,
Media Palyer 10 should drive a DVD. Perhaps your DVD player is bad... they burn out frequently after a year.
Intervidio was installed when your burner software was installed... you can remove it without problems...
You do have a lot of software competing for DVD rights... Media Player, Power DVD 4, Intervideo, Camera XVID.
First thing to do is reinstall Media Player 10, or download the newer and better Media Player 11... then click on all these software tools to give or remove permissions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-player-10-roxio-9-and-intervideo.87697/
Relevancy 76.11%

let me be a bit more specific i have a quot tv hooked up to my computer in a room with lots of lights etc thats not the point we host large dance parties and what i have done in the past is played music videos on the tv and then when we switched to a normal song i would have to turn on a visualization in itunes or whatever i was using what i want to do is this create a playlist that has all my videos and songs in it shuffled not hard i can do it in itunes and winamp tricky part i want the player to play music videos and when the program randomly goes to a song i want the video to switch and Need player same plays that media in videos songs window to Need media player that plays songs and videos in same window a visualization that way i can setup everything and leave the computer alone all night now in winamp i can get it to go from a music video to a song and keep the visualization but not from a song to music video does anyone know of a player that can do this for me i hope i explained it correctly nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-media-player-that-plays-songs-and-videos-in-same-window.416881/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hey i just tried to listen to a song in windows media and it got the red x and said windows media has encountered a problem while trying to play the following file, it was working fine a couple of days ago. Now it doesnt play any files. I dont know whats wrong.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-wont-play-songs.726071/
Relevancy 76.11%

I d/l some songs that were playing just fine on WMP for a while until I tried to install Yahoo Music Engine. YME didn't completely install because it encountered some sort of problem. Now when I try to play them on WMP, it says it needs a security update, but then encounters error code 800C2F78. The Microsoft Web site only says it's investigating the problem, it's not on it's list of common error codes. We're talking about a lot of songs that I paid a buck apiece for. The songs that I ripped from CDs play just fine, it's only the ones I d/l.
164 gig HD
512 Meg installed memory

A:Windows Media Player won't play d/l songs anymore

If it's from Yahoo! then it may be a licensing issue. Have you tried another media player?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-wont-play-d-l-songs-anymore.419264/
Relevancy 76.11%

I am a week or two away from a new HP tower purchase with Windows 10.  What do I need to do to save my Windows Media Player songs and playlists so they can be added to my new computer?  I do not want to lose my 2500+ songs.   Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.  Please advise if I have posted on the wrong board.  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/saving-windows-media-player-songs-and-playlists-to-another/td-p/5728980
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello
I have windows xp 2000 media edition, how do I download my song files from my library to sansa mp3 player. Computer acknowledges that device is connected, but that's all
Please help, Recently had my computer tuned-up and this option is no longer in my media library, would appreciate your help.
Thank you

Relevancy 75.25%

The thread title's poorly worded, but I don't know how else to describe what I'm asking.

Is there any sort of media player (windows) that will load multiple songs into memory at once for playing so that the HDD won't have to turn on every time a new song is played? I'm asking from a battery life viewpoint; imagine you've got your laptop in the airport, doing some word processing and listening to music. Would it significantly increase battery life to load an entire playlist of songs into memory and just access the HDD once time in a few hours vs every 3 or 4 minutes? Just a question that popped into my head as I was falling asleep last night. Thanks!

Relevancy 75.25%

I have a new laptop with Windows Vista. In Windows Media Player, it says that when I listen to a song on the internet it will automaticallly be added to my Library. This is not happening. The option to add songs automatically under the Player tab is checked. What can I do to fix this issue so that songs are added? Or how can I manually add songs that I find on the internet? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-not-automatically-adding-songs-from-the-internet.752338/
Relevancy 75.25%

I just bought a song for a movie for a project I'm making and its on windows media player, and when I try to put it in the movie, on windows movie maker, its not under "My music"
How can I get it there? Thanks in advance!

A:Solved: How do I save songs I have on windows media player to my computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-do-i-save-songs-i-have-on-windows-media-player-to-my-computer.1000460/
Relevancy 75.25%

Wasn't sure where to post this and it is a part different questions I decided to come here because everyone here is far more helpful then over on the microsoft site Your lucky 2 name long mulitple media player songs destination File in & to get an answer over there My first question is I am modding my sims game I use to be able to copy the file into my downloads folder no problem I did an update a few days ago and now all of a sudden as I am File destination name 2 long & mulitple songs in media player copying them I get file destination name is to long for the folder How in the world do I fix this I have renamed them and it helps but it sucks doing it when I never had the problem before Next question I asked File destination name 2 long & mulitple songs in media player on the microsoft forums over a File destination name 2 long & mulitple songs in media player week ago and no answer My media player has doubles of each album It really sucks when I am listening to my media player and have to listen to the album twice I tried taking them out resetting it and at first it only put the first one and then sure enough it redoubled them I don't know if it is because I have itunes How can I fix this please Is it because of itunes Is it something I just have to live with and choose to use itunes or media player and not have both Thank you for your time and sorry for the part question and if I posted it in the wrong place Areil

A:File destination name 2 long & mulitple songs in media player

Have you modified any folder permissions on your system, especially "documents and settings" or "users"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/132221-file-destination-name-2-long-mulitple-songs-media-player.html
Relevancy 74.82%

i tried to drag it but it wouldt let me

A:How do i put windows media player music to >> My Music Folder

What version of Windows do you have and which version of WMP?

What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to put music files that are in My Music into the WMP library?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-put-windows-media-player-music-to-my-music-folder.862137/
Relevancy 74.82%

Im mad that my My Music folder is empty, how do i put my windows media player music in it? whenever i download music i just go to "Add to windows media player", how do i bring that to "My music", thx

A:How do i put windows media player music to >> My Music Folder

i do it manually. if you right click the name of the song in your windows media player, and find the file location, go to that location, and manually dragndrop that file into your my music folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-put-windows-media-player-music-to-my-music-folder.566306/
Relevancy 74.39%

I just downloaded windows media player 11 today. My computer uses Windows XP professional.
When I try to play songs that I got through musicmatch (now yahoo! music jukebox) it says:
license acquisition failed! unspecified error!

i can play the songs fine in the Yahoo! music jukebox player.

I could play them o.k. in the old WMP because musicmatch was one of the online stores. musicmatch is no longer one of the online stores in the new WMP 11.

Any suggestions on how to play the musicmatch songs in WMP 11? I like to use WMP 11 to listen to songs and sync them to my iRiver.

Thanks,
Mike

A:Solved: Playing musicmatch licensed songs in windows media player 11?

Hi and welcome. I would go back and edit my post if I were you....posting your email will only increase your spam.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-playing-musicmatch-licensed-songs-in-windows-media-player-11.563682/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have Windows Vista. I synced cds onto my flash drive from a different computer so I could put them in my windows media player on this computer. When I try to play these certain songs, it says I can't play them. Error code C00D1197. It says that I can download a license migration to play the protected files, but then it says I have to download Microsoft® Windows Media Services" plug-ins for my Netscape toolbar, whatever that means! How do I do it, is it necessary, is it free? I think it would probably just be easier to rip the CD again, I guess. Please help me out!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-transfer-songs-from-flash-drive-to-windows-media-player-it-wont-play.784524/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have Windows Vista Home Premium on a six month old Dell Notebook fairly well upgraded. All works well, but Windows Media Player does the strangest thing. When a song plays it skips or breaks up for a second or two in exactly the same spot with about 10 to 15 seconds to go in the song. And it does it song after song in exactly the same place....about 10 or 15 seconds from the end of the song.

I have tried emptying the music folder and restoring the songs. I turned off my spyware and virus programs. These same songs will play fine in Limewire library and playlists.

When the breakup starts I notice the CPU meter jumps from about 7% to 40 or 45% quickly. Is something interferring and if so what or is it the Media Player. Seems strange it is always in the exact same spot.
G

A:Windows Media Player all songs breakup exact same spot 10-15 secs from end

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-all-songs-breakup-exact-same-spot-10-15-secs-from-end.659082/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello I've got all my music in an external drive When i configured bakups i selected that same external drive as destination to back up to Now i added the music from that drive to windows media player and now when the computer backs up i've got this error telling me some files were omitted namely all the music because they're on the same drive as the backup's destination I'm going to use WMP because it's already there regardless of there being a million better choices of media players managers so don't bother suggesting otherwise My question is is there any special folder i player windows drive. up Error in when media songs backing backup with should avoid backing up so this error doesn't happen like the one that contains WMP database More info Event type Warning Source Windows backup Event ID Thanks for your help Edit The backup's error window gave me a link to more information it's Error when backing up with windows media player songs in backup drive. actually the log file but it's in Spanish and while i'm not sure it would help i'm Error when backing up with windows media player songs in backup drive. sure it wouldn't hurt Quote Copias de Error when backing up with windows media player songs in backup drive. seguridad omiti la copia de seguridad de Z Musiquita porque no se encuentra en el destino de copia de seguridad

A:Error when backing up with windows media player songs in backup drive.

Windows won't let you backup files on the destination disk to the destination disk. It ain't gonna happen. Change the location of your music files or the disk you're using for backup. It's not good to use a backup disk for anything else anyway. The disk itself becomes less reliable because a write fault could destroy your backup. What's the point of having a backup if you're not using it as a backup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/195187-error-when-backing-up-windows-media-player-songs-backup-drive.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Windows Media Player always takes so long to play a song or video or whatever i need to look at. How do i fix it? I heard a rumor that it was going to be fixed in Service Pack 2 to but it wasn't for me. Anyone have any solutions?

A:Windows Media Player taking long time to play songs

Mine has slowed down, but I thought it was just because i have so many different formats going through it. Any comments anyone?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/258002-windows-media-player-taking-long-time-play-songs.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi: I was trying to record from a radio station a recording of someone I know who has written a music piece and by mistake I saw urge and downloaded the program. When I realized I did not want this program, I deleted it. There was a message not to do it--that it would block other users from logging onto the computer (Which is a violation of the anti-trust laws) however, I did not listen and deleted the entire program from the program files. Now I cannot get any music from the radio site and it has blocked real player. MSN should be sued again.HELP!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-media-player-urge-blocked-access-to-my-music-files-and-real-player.558180/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi Everyone I am in the process of organising a playlist of music videos for my works Christmas Party This year I want to Player? (music, multiple files PCs Streaming videos) to media VLC Media using do something really special in the form of streaming the music videos from one host computer to several guest computers using VLC Media Player Here is a link to the method that I am using to Stream music videos Streaming media files (music, videos) to multiple PCs using VLC Media Player? - https www evernote com shard s ab c f e d d fcd e e cb b I have decided on the HTTP method of streaming because this appears to be relatively simple to setup and effective for reaching multiple clients However immediately I have noticed a number of caveats - Media doesn t always play at the same time on all clients I would like all music videos to play in sync ignoring potential network lag issues VLC gets stuck with the Playlist of music videos that I have created it plays the first music video on each of the clients but once the first music video comes to an end VLC stops playing altogether In some instances it just stops and provides no on screen messages In other instances it pops up a box which I have come to believe is related to missing codecs even though the server and all clients have exactly the same codec packs installed I am looking for some tips on the optimum way to stream music videos in a variety of formats e g avi flv mpg mpeg Ideally I need to setup several hours of music videos and just hit the play button then walk away with confidence that VLC will reliably stream for several hours at least If I need to convert all the music videos to one format e g mp I am willing to do so but would appreciate some advice on the best format and the best way to convert e g which conversion software to use Any and all help will be greatly appreciated I figure that I have a couple of hours over a couple of days to have a tinker fingers crossed I get the streaming going before the party Thanks for your help Kind Regards Davo nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/streaming-media-files-music-videos-to-multiple-pcs-using-vlc-media-player.1139373/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have just bought on-line, will only transfer music files with Windows Media Player 10.   The instructions for the music player, Samsung YP-Z5, says that you can only transfer files to the player when Windows Media Player 10 is installed on the pc, which you have to instal with the installation CD.  I have Windows Media Player 11 and Media Monkey on my pc, that I use for my other music player and Windows Media Player 12 and Media Monkey on my laptop.  Does that mean that the version 11, I have on my pc will be rolled back to 10 then? isn't that going to mess up my music.  I don't understand why it is an older version of Windows Media Player as I can't use it on my laptop. Can anyone help please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501673/can-i-have-windows-media-player-10-and-11-versions-on-pc-as-the-music-player/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a lot of music on my computer, and I share it to a SoundBridge device. This works well WHEN it works. I have two problems.
1 The Media player loses the library and has to rebuild it frequently.
2 After a few days or so, it prohibits me from sharing media. When I click on Media Sharing, it displays an error message about sharing being turned off. When I go to web help, it tells me to start the Media Sharing Service, but when I look, it has been started. It also tells me to check ownership of the media database, but that is OK as well. I can get it to start over by uninstalling the media player and then re-installing it, but this gets to be a drag very quickly.
Can anyone help? Thanks very much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-player-rebuilds-music-often-and-does-share-media.768430/
Relevancy 68.8%

i have 2 users on my computer and i want to know how to copy music from one user to other

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-media-player.860024/
Relevancy 67.94%

I can't sample music clips OR purchase any songs from MSN Music. When I click on the sample or purchase links, the page just sits there. Nothing. I've tried accessing music.msn.com via WMP10, IE, and MSN Premium. None of them work. Running Windows XP Home Edition, latest version of Media Player. I've tried turning off ALL security: Windows Firewall, Norton Internet Security, Spywareblaster. Still nothing. I can play music clips from other multimedia sites: CDNOW, iTunes, Songtouch, even Wal-Mart Music Downloads! I can also play streaming video clips from anywhere, including MSN Video. Sound and all. Go figure.

I've tried getting help from MSN Tech Support, but they can't determine what's wrong. So, thought I'd go to the experts!

Any suggestions you might have would be appreciated.

A:Window Media Player 10 and MSN Music

Hello, anyone can help?

I further discovered that the reason WMP10 doesn't play clips is because the install never downloaded and installed the Microsoft Music Assistant "helper" program!!! I tried going directly to the support site where I could d/l this file but when I click to install from the web page, nothing happens.

Does anyone know of an alternate place I can find this little program to d/l and install???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-media-player-10-and-msn-music.418118/
Relevancy 67.94%

hello.
I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one?

A:media player 'groove music'

Originally Posted by DRC

hello.
I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one?

Use Windows Media Player. It's under the Windows Accessories folder on the Start All Apps menu.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36644-media-player-groove-music.html
Relevancy 67.94%

hello.

A:media player 'groove music'

Originally Posted by DRC

hello.

Use Windows Media Player. It's under the Windows Accessories folder on the Start All Apps menu.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/36644-media-player-groove-music.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I'm not sure if this is a virus or what. Some of my songs in media player work fine, and then the song turns orange and it can't be located. basically my computer is like eating away at my music. does neone know nething about this?? i doesn't come up on my virus scan or adaware or nething, thanx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-player-destroying-my-music.322739/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have been having this problem for weeks. I can't get my computer to burn music. I can burn data, not music. I usually burn with media player, but now when I try, it acts like it will, and then quits about 2 seconds later and goes back to how it would be if I never hit "start burn". I have already tried uninstalling the driver, and re-installing it, this didn't help. I have service pack 2, but what should I do? I couldn't look up anything on the microsoft website either....

HELP ME!!!!

A:Media Player won't burn music! HELP!!!!!

Have you tried reinstalling Windows Media Player?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/media-player-wont-burn-music-help-54994.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hope you can help me once again

a year a go tried to delete a bunch of musci and stuff, might have messed something up ,any ways

To get to point,
Everytime I try to play a sond on play list or from library on media player I get this message:

"Windows Media Player could not find file.If you are trying to play,burn,or sync an item from your library the item mght point to file that has been moved, renamed or deleted."

Can you help me fix this so I can have some music again thanks!

I have a Dell Demension DIMC521
Windows Vista
32 bit Operating
Service Pack 2
AMD Sempron Processor 3400+ 1.80GHz

A:Need Help with Music Files (Media Player

Are the songs listed in your playlist the ones that you tried to delete? Is the playlist an older one, created before you deleted the music?

You said you tried to delete a bunch of music. Did it actually delete?

If the songs were deleted WMP cannot find it in the location it was in when you created the playlist.

Example: If the music was originally in Folder A and you created a playlist/imported music to WMP from Folder A, they would play.

If you delete the music from Folder A (or move it to another folder) WMP is still pointing to Folder A but cannot play what is not there.

If your music is still in the folder I don't know what to tell you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457677/need-help-with-music-files-media-player/
Relevancy 67.94%

here is what happen .i do have the burning list on the right end side .now my cd is in .but when i clik [start burn] my cd is poping out .why .

A:burning music using media player

It's not detecting that the proper disk is in the CD drive. Does the drive play CDs properly?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/275533-burning-music-using-media-player.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I am trying to play my music in media player 11 and it will not play. The message comes up that windows can not find file cause it has been moved, renamed or deleted. When i download a new song and just put it in my comp it will not play saying that the file attempting to play has an extenstion(.mp3) that does not match file format. I can play music videos on you tube just fine and i can play music that has a file of .wma or .m4a but not mp3's. Can someone tell me how to fix my comp so it will play mp3s that are stored in my comp or music player.

Relevancy 67.94%

When I click on the Media Guide (upper right menu-bar button) it works perfectly and connects to the online radio pages but if I click on the Music.msn.com service it says can't connect to the server...
From IE8 I can obviously access MSN Music: Home
Why I just can't connect to the Music Store ?

I don't have 3rd party firewalls and tried also to uninstall Avast 5... Every other program I have can access the Net without problems so it's not a firewall config problem (I use std Vista firewall) or something like that. As I said WMP11 itself can connect to the Media Guide service but not to the Music Store...

A:Win Media Player 11 can't connect to music.msn.com

Nobody else noticed this?
It seems WMP11/Vista SP2 can't connect to MSN Music...

http://www.vistax64.com/software/276657-win-media-player-11-cant-connect-music-msn-com.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I ve been trying to play music that i ve bought from wmp i getr askeed to download thier music manager i install it and then when its open boxes pop up with all these messages and i cann t use the player or play my recently bought music here is what comes up in the boxes Cannot find C Documents and Settings All users Application Data Od Branding SIB - queuelist htm Make sure path or internet address is correct Cannot find C Documents and Settings All users Application Data Od Branding SIB - shortcuts htm Make sure path or internet address is correct There was a problem loading the correct translations please close music manager and try again SIB - i don t understand what i have to do to fix the problem music media manager player i ve been in touch with a download doctor but they haven t been much help yet and they take days to give me a reply suggesting things i have already tried please someone help

A:media player music manager

Have you tried uninstalling WMP and reinstalling?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14208/media-player-music-manager/
Relevancy 67.94%

ok so i bought a nice new gateway computer and transferred all of my music into the music folder in my documents. however windows media player has only found a small portion of the songs. what's up with that? is there any way i can get wmp to find them all without manually adding every single last folder?

as i said its a gateway computer, running vista (until my windows 7 disk arrives at least), quad core, 8 gigs of ram.

thank you for any help you may give me.

Relevancy 67.51%

In Media Player, when I choose "Copy to CD or Device" it says
"no device detected" under Music on Device. What is going on and how can I fix it? The problem was there from day one when I bought this used computer.

Thankyou in advance.

Relevancy 67.08%

Can I just copy & paste my music files from my main drive to my almost empty partition drive or can I drag & drop.I am using win xp.

Thanks in advance, Ray

A:moving media player music files

either way should work fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-media-player-music-files.188232/
Relevancy 67.08%

I hope I'm putting this in the right spot.
This is the first time I tried to rip a music cd. The ripping part seem to go alright. I put them in a mp3 format. My question is, why are the files bigger after they are ripped?
When I look at properties on the music cd it says the whole music cd is only 18kb.
But the ripped files are 39.9 mb. What's up with this? The MP3 are supposed to be smaller. I even tried to copy the music cd to a folder to check the size, but it was the same thing. Plus, they wouldn't play after I took out the music cd out of the cd rom.
The music file types are cda.
What's going on here?

A:Windows media player 10 and ripping music

Well, I figured it out if anybody cares.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-10-and-ripping-music.298884/
Relevancy 67.08%

My computer used to play music CDs, but now won't. When I try, I get a message saying "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The player might not support the file type or might not support the CODEC that was used to compress the file." These are commercially produced CDs, and they'll play on my car player. WMP will play other verbal audio recordings I've made, but won't play copies I've made of commercial CDs.

I've uninstalled a number of programs, and wonder if I might have deleted a file that was a shared file.
When I click on the Web Help button of the message, it just takes me to a general Windows 7 screen.

How can I find out if I'm missing the codec, and if so, how to find out what it is so I can download it?
I have an HP Pavillion Elite computer with Windows 7/64 Home Premium.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows Media Player won't play music CDs

I would suggest you run the Microsoft fixit and check.
Fix Windows Media Player video, and other media or library issues
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_media_player_diagnostic

Next try, System Restore, go back to a time before you uninstalled those programs.

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/398751-windows-media-player-wont-play-music-cds.html
Relevancy 67.08%

My computer used to play music CDs, but now won't. When I try, I get a message saying "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The player might not support the file type or might not support the CODEC that was used to compress the file." These are commercially produced CDs, and they'll play on my car player. WMP will play other verbal audio recordings I've made, but won't play copies I've made of commercial CDs.

I've uninstalled a number of programs, and wonder if I might have deleted a file that was a shared file.
When I click on the Web Help button of the message, it just takes me to a general Windows 7 screen.

How can I find out if I'm missing the codec, and if so, how to find out what it is so I can download it?
I have an HP Pavillion Elite computer with Windows 7/64 Home Premium.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows Media Player won't play music CDs

I would suggest you run the Microsoft fixit and check.
Fix Windows Media Player video, and other media or library issues
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_media_player_diagnostic

Next try, System Restore, go back to a time before you uninstalled those programs.

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/music-pictures-video/398751-windows-media-player-wont-play-music-cds.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello,
I'm not able to play music on the Windows Media Player on my HP Envy laptop, and I was wondering if you could help.  The Media Player was working fine the last time I used it - a week or so ago - and the audio is ok - I can still play CDs &
DVDs.  When I click on a song from my library I receive the error: "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file."  I tried to troubleshoot the problem and then tried a few solutions I saw online, but haven't had
any luck.  It's a WMP 12 for Windows 7.  Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jesse 

A:Windows Media Player Won't Play Music

Hi,
Is Media player 12 unable to play all files or some files? Please make sure the files you are playing are without damage.
File types supported by Windows Media player:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316992/en-us
Please attempt to uninstall and reinstall Windows media player.
Uninstall the Windows Media Player:

Go to Start and in the search type "Turn Windows features On or Off".Click on "Turn Windows features On or Off".Browse to the Media Features and uncheck the mark in front of Windows Media Player.Restart the computer
Reinstall the Windows Media Player:

Go to Start and in the search type "Turn Windows features On or Off".Click on "Turn Windows features On or Off".Browse to the Media Features and place a check mark in front of Windows Media Player.Restart the Computer.

Andy Altmann
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b98d309d-e481-41f1-8657-a3b5e5359df3/windows-media-player-wont-play-music?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 67.08%

How do you play windows media player or get music in windows 10 like using windows media guide and playing internet radio?

A:Windows Media Player ,or Groove music

Did you already read this?https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3077721Add music to Groove on Windows 10 PC

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157278.0.html
Relevancy 67.08%

The windows media player on my laptop is playing my mp3 music with some slight distortion and interference. Can anyone help?

A:Distortion - Playing Music on Win Media Player

Did you download any add-ons or anything before this started to happen? Maybe if you dont already have it, then upgrade to Windows Media Player 9:
http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=windows+media+player&tg=dl-2001

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/distortion-playing-music-on-win-media-player.176984/
Relevancy 67.08%

Windows Media Player 11 - share my songs?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you tell me how to share the music on my main pc with a laptop that is networked to it please.
Went to - Library - media sharing But could not see the laptop (although it is visible in Network places)
Should I be doing something else?
Also do I have to add all the music files to the laptop? As a large folder Or can I just click on the links??

A:Windows Media Player 11 and sharing my music

Why don't you try sharing the files on the network. If your computer is networked properly then they should show up in network places. Right click the file, then click on the sharing tab and click share on network. (These instructions might be wrong as im not booted in windows right now.) If they are all in the same directory, i.e. My Music, then you can just click play all when you navigate to the folder in My Network Places. Alternatively you could select the files you want right click them and click play with windows media player.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-11-and-sharing-my-music.663457/
Relevancy 67.08%

Suddenly I can't play music CD's in either of my CD Drives (Lite On LTN483S and HP CD Writer 9100).

I used to be able to. Now when I place a CD in either drive Windows Media player ( and REAL Player) both say that they can not read digital formats and I need to switch the CD Drive to analog in order to play the music.

So, in media player (V 9.0) I go to Options, then Drives, I see my CD Drives listed. When I choose properties to make the changes, nothing happens.

Has this happened to anyone else??

Relevancy 67.08%

My songs arent playing using any audio players, if i import them into audacity they play but it wont play using any music/video players. Im not sure how to reinstall Media player but i dont think reinstalling int would make a difference and all the songs are together in 1 folders but seperating them doesnt make a difference.

thanks
0wnage

Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I have a windows xp pro sp with all updates as far as i know gb ram gig hard drive radeon ati video card forgot model number amd not sure why i listed my pc specs but ehh why not anyways the title says it all but to break it down the problem is when i go to play my music in windows media player it will make this terrible screaching sound and thats for all music no matter what file extension it is avi wmv mp etc after the screaching sound the music will sound very low then slowly it will begin to make the volume louder and louder till it gets to the correct volume setting that you set it on computer or physically on the speaker i have tried to see if other media players does this such as quicktime and itunes and they work fine its only when playing in windows media player does it give me that screach sound at the beginning of everyone music movie then it sounds low after a few minutes it will get loud again and sometimes get low volume then it will increase the volume whats the matter anyone could it be related to Divx which media windows playing music player not 11 right i do have it installed on my machine however i am not sure if it all started when i installed divx wasnt really paying attention nor was i using windows media player when i installed divx please help its really annoying and would love to get this fixed Thank you

A:windows media player 11 not playing music right

Sounds like (no pun intended), your audio driver needs to be reinstalled. Drivers do get corrupted especially when you remove programs that require audio support.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-player-11-not-playing-music-right-393471.html
Relevancy 67.08%

How to transfer 1 GB of Music from Windows Media Player Version 8.0 To another PC with Windows XP and Windows Media Player 8.0.

My 1st Dell Inspiron 8200 with Windows XP laptop was unrepairable after 7 months and now they sent me a new one.
Inspiron 8500.

Thanks for any help

A:Xfer Music from windows media player to another PC

Welcome to TSG.

If you have a CD burner find the files and break them into two CDs – Maybe 680Mb on the first and the rest on the second. Record them as Data and not audio. Put them the same place in the new computer they were in the old one.

They sent you a new one and let you keep the old one? Are you trying to move the music from the 8200 to the 8500? Does the 8200 work?

If you don’t have a burner you could connect the two computers with a null modem cable and transfer the data. Null modem cables are cheap and come in parallel and serial. DB25 is parallel and DB9 serial. If you have both ports available the parallel is faster. Do a search for “Briefcase” in the XP help files as it is probably the easiest way to transfer the data. http://www.cablesnmor.com/nullmodem.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xfer-music-from-windows-media-player-to-another-pc.151875/
Relevancy 67.08%

windows media player won't play music had harddrive that would not boot up installed it as slave drop and dragged music to primary harddrive device manager shows that multimedia audio controller did not install properly. i have windows xp home i have a chaintech ct-7njl6 motherboard with onboard audio i downloaded the drivers for the audio from chaintech but they did not install properly. what should i do?

A:windows media player won't play music

Did your computer come with a disk from the motherboard manufacturer?? After you reformatted your hard drive, did you install the drivers for the board from that disk??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-media-player-wont-play-music.64888/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi, I bought a ipod, all my music is on media player, i can easily save music onto itunes and onto my ipod, thats not a problem , but the thought of doing it all again is a bit anoying, i have been given advice to try and import file and all that, but me being a novic has got a bit confused, im sure it is easy but i need some real good guidance, well the question is, is how do i import all music from media player to itunes????
Thankyou to any help,

Relevancy 67.08%

I used to use WMP a lot because I like how Media Windows App, Music Player Zune, it automatically organized my music then I started using Zune to play music but Music App, Zune, Windows Media Player not organize and now I want to use the Windows Music app and am running into some problems I have a subscription to Xbox Music and apparently it looked at my Music App, Zune, Windows Media Player playlist and music on my desktop and sent them Music App, Zune, Windows Media Player to my Xbox Music so it can stream the songs from Microsofts server to my laptop and Xbox which I like The problem is it is redownloading all the MP 's I have as DRM protected WMA files of a lower bit rate often and then the DRM doesn't update and I can't play the songs even though the mp 's are perfectly fine How can I get it to stop downloading the drm protected wma files of mp 's on my desktop and have the Music App play the mp 's instead Can someone clear up how the system picks up my mp 's and adds them to a list that I can stream to my Xbox Music devices Does it only pickup play list or all of my music gt Is it possible to have mixed play list with mp 's and wma I am also getting an error eveytime it tries to play a drm protected wma claiming I am logged in somewhere else which I'm not so the Xbox Music server is completely useless on my desktop

A:Music App, Zune, Windows Media Player

maybe you can see if this document helps you out:

http://winsupersite.com/xbox-music/xbox-music-book-13

it'll probably do a much better job than me of explaining.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/24651-music-app-zune-windows-media-player.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello,

For some reason, while playing music in Windows Media Player, the music often stops playing in the middle of a song, only to continue playing 10 seconds or so later. My CPU hasn't had significant load on it either... and this problem has only started happening recently. The only thing that I can recall that may have caused it is installing the Intel Chipset 945GM drivers, but even after reinstalling my sound card driver the issue persists. My computer is a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4727, and the sound card is Realtek High Definition Audio. Thanks in advance for the help!

Also, I don't know if this is related or not, but MIDI files sound very strange (incorrect instruments) when played under Windows Media Player; they play fine in QuickTime however.

A:Music Halts in Windows Media Player

Well, with my experience with my Creative X-Fi Gamer card i learned that either vista or the driver likes to pick just one program as a playback device. Say im playing Crysis, or Counter-Strike, with music on. I will minimize and it will stop, then maximize and it starts. This doesnt really help at all, but i just wanted to put it out there.. xD

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/music-halts-in-windows-media-player-217916.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I have a windows xp pro sp with all updates as far as i know gb ram gig hard drive radeon ati video card forgot model number amd not sure why i listed my pc specs but ehh why not anyways the title says it all but to break it down the problem is when i go to play my music in windows media player it will make this terrible screaching sound and thats for all music music windows right not player media playing 11 no matter what file extension it is avi wmv mp etc after the screaching sound the music windows media player 11 not playing music right will sound very low then slowly it will begin to make the volume louder and louder till it gets to the correct volume setting that you set it on computer or physically on the speaker i have tried to see if other media players does this such as quicktime and itunes and they work fine its only when playing in windows media player does it give me that screach sound at the beginning of everyone music movie then it sounds low after a few minutes it will get loud again and sometimes get low volume then it will increase the volume whats the matter anyone could it be related to Divx which i do have it installed on my machine however i am not sure if it all started when i installed divx wasnt really paying attention nor was i using windows media player when i installed divx please help its really annoying and would love to get this fixed Thank you nbsp

A:windows media player 11 not playing music right

Siten0308 said:

Hello,

I have a windows xp pro sp3 with all updates (as far as i know)Click to expand...

Let's find out for sure.

Start > Control Panel > Automatic Updates
Click the link for "Windows Update Web site".
Click the Custom button

What results do you get?

Siten0308 said:

could it be related to Divx, which i do have it installed on my machine however i am not sure if it all started when i installed divxClick to expand...

First, try removing Windows Media Player (WMP) 11 in Add/Remove Programs, then reinstall it. Does the problem continue?

If so, try removing DivX. I do not think it is causing the problem, but could not hurt to try. Does it still continue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-11-not-playing-music-right.841939/
Relevancy 67.08%

title sums it up well. every time i open windows media player it says there is no meidia available for a few seconds then it starts updating the library for about 15 min untill it finds all my music and adds it to the library. heres the issue every time i close windows media player it forgets all the music that was in the library and next time i open it it has to refind all the music over again. this is ratehr annoying because when im streeming my music to my xbox i have to open wmp 20 minits before i start playing it on the xbox or the xbox wint find the music. if i close wmp while the xbox is streeming the xbox will stop playing the music and all the music become unavailable untill i reopen wmp and let it sit 15 min while it refinds the music. what can i do to make this stop?

A:windows media player keeps forgetting music

any ideas? i would like to fix this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-media-player-keeps-forgetting-music-676971.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I recently got a Zune and for the Zune software to work, WMP needs to work. A few months ago, it stopped playing music altogether. Not one song. It won't even play anything off of a CD, or on the internet. I was probably on the phone with Zune for 7-8 hours for them to tell me they couldn't help me. I was then connected to Microsoft, who told me I could call Acer or pay 60 dollars plus tax to Microsoft for them to help me. I called Acer and they said I would have to pay $60 per 30 mins. I don't have that kind of money right now and i just want my WMP fixed!!
Can someone help me please!!

A:Windows Media Player not playing music! please help!

Welcome
Here's an answer that someone found (seems like alot of trouble to me, syncing music to Att phone then back to,,,,)
http://askville.amazon.com/Zune-Win...edia-player/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=5785573

I suggest reinstalling the Media Player. Click Start, type Turn Windows features on and off

Uncheck the player, apply, restart Windows, recheck, apply, restart Windows.

The above may be a quick fix that won't last though?

Have you tried the free "Jet Player" - there's not much it won't play or burn and it will run circles around WMP.
http://www.jetaudio.com/download/

Hope this helps as it seems you have found what others have - (it may be awhile before Microsoft decides to deal with this issue)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-not-playing-music-please-help.890005/
Relevancy 67.08%

After upgrading to WMP 9 Windows Media Player does not play music CDs. WMP works fine, only music CDs and files with extension cda does not work at all. Error message is:

"Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file. Be sure the path is typed correctly. If it is, the file does not exist at the specified location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline."

Hardware is OK besause WinAmp plays normaly. Something is wrong with WMP. But what?

Thanks a lot

A:Windows Media Player does not play music CDs

mikim,

This may be simple but sometimes the simple things are what we miss. Have you tried going to the tools menu and then to options, from there "file types" tab, and make sure that the "music cd playback" is checked, if it is Im not sure what it could be. One thing about that message, if indicates to me that evertime you insert a cd into your machine it searches the internet for something it doesn't need to. One more thing, check the media library tab in the same menu and make sure that the "update my music files" option is unchecked. Just an option you might try.

Good Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-does-not-play-music-cds.155588/
Relevancy 67.08%

Right I recently installed nero on my computer and it has taken over all my music files as default..

Is there any way to set it back to windows media player as I prefere the software better than nero show time..

A:Setting all music to windows media player

WMP > Tools > Options > File Types

either select them separately or 'select all'.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-all-music-to-windows-media-player.399751/
Relevancy 67.08%

i none of my music will play in windows media player. my audio files are mp3 and wma.

anyone else have any problems like this???

the music will show up in my library but it wont play. it plays with winamp but not wmp

A:windows media player and my music library

Hi TwoTabs, welcome to the forums, install this codecs and will play almost anything.
Shark007.net - Windows 8 Codecs - WMP12 Codecs

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/11961-windows-media-player-my-music-library.html
Relevancy 67.08%

When I play music in WMP 10, it goes flat. like, the notes do. they go down in pitch. i tried it with winamp and realplayer and they dont do that. Why is WMP doing that?

A:Windows Media Player, music goes flat

Do you use any of the "Enhancements" (View -> Enhancements -> Show Enhancements) by any chance? There's 1 there called "Play Speed Settings", perhaps thats set to something other than 1.0/Normal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-media-player-music-goes-flat.39411/
Relevancy 67.08%

I cannot play any music using windows media player it displays an error quot windows media player cannot play the file because there is a problem with Media Player music using play Cannot Windows your sound device there may not be a sound device installed in your computer or it may be in use by some other program or it may not be functioning properly quot but using windows media player i can play mpegv videos but without the soundI can play music using other player i have just tried playing it with quick time Cannot play music using Windows Media Player player it plays fine i can ear the sound from my speakerif i run the dxdaig test it shows an error quot windows cannot find dxdaig exe make sure you have typed the path correctly quot and if i try to manually open dxdaig exe then the dxdaig window opens but along with the window i get an error pop up could not get basic sound info result code xxxxxxxxx invalid arguments then again one more error gets poped-up problem getting extra sound info result code xxxxxx invalid arguments i started getting this problem from when i was infected by a virus becoz of which i was told to delete many files using my av s but now there are no more viruses malwares as all the problems have got solved except this oneearlier i never had any problems with my windows media player I have the realtek HD audio manager installed i have tried testing sound using it and yes the sounds can be heard from my speakers

A:Cannot play music using Windows Media Player

You might want to re-install DirectX, as it appears that the virus has messed with DirextX on your system.After installation is complete run dxdiag.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/218803/cannot-play-music-using-windows-media-player/
Relevancy 67.08%

Is there any disadvantage to using Windows Media Player to rip music from a CD? Are there better applications to use that are also free?

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi Looking for some support on saving music. I copied some files to my hard disc into a folder called "Music4" Tried to load it into Media center. Despite appearing to do everything correctly, doesn't seem to upload into Media Center?

Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks

Brian
Dublin, Ireland

A:Windows Media Player ...saving music

"Tried to load it into Media Center"

What that mean exactly?
Does it mean put it into Windows Media Center (the Operating System)? If so how are you trying to do this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-saving-music.481608/
Relevancy 67.08%

Trying to organize my music now I m using Windows XP with Windows Media Player I was wondering if you could edit video file tags so they show the Artist and Title tags like the audio files do I can add videos to my play lists but you can t sort & Player Media Music Tags Windows them out by Artist They only go by the file description At least that is what is going on with the AVI files I also Windows Media Player & Music Tags have many video s in FLV MPG WMV and more They are just music video s and I would like to be able to sort them the same way I do my music files So is there any way to do this I have one tag editor program Windows Media Player & Music Tags but it won t open the video s And in windows media player when you right click on the video you can t click on quot Edit Windows Media Player & Music Tags quot because it is grayed out Anyone know a way or a program that I can use to edit these tags nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

GRR! i am frustrated with Media Player. I have version 9.0. All of a sudden it won't copy cd's to my computer. I have strong convictions about not copying illegally, so i just put my favorite songs off of my cd's onto my computer. Anyway, i tried uninstalling and then redownloading and installing Media Player but that was to no avail. I have searched these forums (and scoured the rest of the net, including microsoft's site) and nothing seems to answer my question of what to do next... any suggestions (or questions for further input?) I do have Winamp 5.0 installed, as well as the latest versions of Quicktime and Realplayer but that has never been a problem before.

Relevancy 66.65%

PLEASE HELP!! I was managing my music in windows media player and I accidentally clicked delete. Not only did it delete music in the library, but it also deleted ALL MY MUSIC ON MY COMPUTER!! How do I get it back? I have checked the recycle bin and it is not in there at all.

A:PLEASE HELP!!! Windows Media Player deleted all music folders!!

Nevermind, I finally found where the music was deleted to. Please delete topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482500/please-help-windows-media-player-deleted-all-music-folders/
Relevancy 66.65%

I am new to the forum. I have been searching for a solution to this problem for a while now and came upon this site by accident. I searched the forums already posted to see if the subject has already been adressed, but could not find any posts concerning my specific problem.

It is not a major problem, just an annoying one. My music library is on my D drive. Media player searches, finds and loads all of my music without any problem. Every time i boot my laptop and open media player, the music is gone and media player has to search the whole computer for all my music files again. It finds them without any problem, but i do not have access to my whole library for an hour on every boot up. Is this normal for windows 7. Did i do something wrong setting up my library and is their a fix for this?

thanks

Relevancy 66.65%

First off , allow me to say I am a computer dummy .

Also , I am using a Japanese computer , and new to it , an HP Touchsmart .

Media Player 11 installed .

I downloaded music files that went directly into " downloads " .

I want to burn these files to CDR .

How do I go about moving them into the LIBRARY ? Or is there another way to burn the files w/o putting them in the library .

Any help appreciated .

A:How do I move music files from Download to Media Player ?

You should just be able to select all the files, right-click, hit cut. Then, go to the Music Library, right click and hit paste. Then Windows Media Player should pick them up when you open it, and you can burn them to CD from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/89553-how-do-i-move-music-files-download-media-player.html
Relevancy 66.65%

How do I edit a section of music (ex. I need 1:41 through 2:55 of a music selection) in windows media player? I cannot figure out how to do so. Or do I need to save the file somewhere else to accomplish this? I did try AVS Audio Editor but it added a voice logo to my file. I cannot at this time, purchase anything b/c I need it just for this project. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Windows XP.

Thanks!!!

A:Solved: editing music in Windows Media Player

troyward said:

How do I edit a section of music in windows media player?Click to expand...

You can't edit music with WMP, but you can with Audacity, a good freeware audio editor/recorder. Get version 1.2.6.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-editing-music-in-windows-media-player.987047/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have my music files in the Windows Media Player where I rip and burn CDs. However, I would like to copy some of the music files into a zip drive. I know how to transfer other files but have not done it with a CD. How can I do that? And, can I play the file straight from the zip drive? Or do I need load the Windows Media Player program in order to be able to work with the CDs?

A:Copying Music From Window Media Player to a Zip Drive

you should be able to copy them over just like any other file. when you want to play them, all you have to do is to navigate to the zip drive from within the media player. you do not have to install anything special.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copying-music-from-window-media-player-to-a-zip-drive.1148717/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have some 250 photos of my son's wedding saved to my hard drive under 'My Photos' and 6 appropriate songs also saved there under 'My Music'. Presently I have only been able to play them simultaneoulsy using Widows Media Player my manually synchronising them. Is there any way I can save the joint synchroised presentation to a storage media such as a DVD so that I can play it on my own and other computers plus my own and other DVD players for members of my family and friends. I might add that this is for purely person use and there is no intended commercial application.

A:Photos / Music Presentation using Windows Media Player

this is an old article,
but still worth a read:

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1635

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/photos-music-presentation-using-windows-media-player.788816/
Relevancy 66.65%

I am running Windows with the latest version of WMP Everything runs properly including use of the music library for playing tracks burning ripping and syncing except if any editing is done to the file metadata Occasionally I will purchase some music from Amazon which is in the form of several separate single mp tracks by the same artist They will play fine Player music Media files not recognising Windows as they are but I would prefer to have them together as one album So I edit the metadata to include the same album name tag for each track After saving this the tracks all appear in the library as one album which is just as I intended The problem is when WMP is opened again after closing it or shutting down the computer all the tracks have disappeared from the library and WMP refuses to recognise them again If I delete the tracks and copy them back into the same place again they appear perfectly fine in the library until WMP is closed Then they disappear on Windows Media Player not recognising music files running it again I have checked all the tags comparing them with other music tracks that are recognised and I can see nothing wrong I have checked all the sharing permissions for the folder in case anything was changed there and I have indexed the folder Windows Media Player not recognising music files and run a search to let Windows know it s there The unrecognised music tracks are in a folder which is included in the library alongside all the other tracks that play ok and I have used Apply media information changes from the organize tab in WMP menu Nothing seems to convince WMP that the files exist Even after manually opening the folder in WMP and playing the tracks they still don t appear in the library I m out of options on this one Anyone ever come across this before Thanks nbsp

A:Windows Media Player not recognising music files

Try rebuilding the WMP library to see if that helps.

http://www.avsoft.nl/index.php/maintenance/how-to-rebuild-your-windows-media-player-library.htm

I would also check the tags on the Mp3 files with Mp3tag to see if the data is accurate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-not-recognising-music-files.1099852/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi 'MY Music' had about 50 albums and mixed tracks.I had a problem with the computer, I cleaned it, and I found that my music folders had moved to WMP I thought I had lost them. I did a search and not one track is named on my two hard discs, but I found them on WMP There seems no way to get them back. OK I can play them but all the ones put together by me are now split up all over the place. Is there a way ?
Thanks for any advice

A:Solved: Windows Media Player has grabbed all my music

eehhh windows media player is like a parasite... but where not here to talk about the program... first off..what do you mean by "cleaned it" because there's no reason that "cleaning it" will move or delete your music files... unless they were supposed to be quarantined... but that's not the case.. ok having a little trouble understanding you.. you can't find the files... but (this is the part I'm confused) if you open media player they are in your library... and most importantly they play?... ok well if i got that right..than fear not cause the files have to be somewhere as windows media player can play them... so they MUST be somewhere... the first thing that i can think of is perhaps the reason that you "cleaned" the computer (idk what the issue was) has made your files hidden... these files are normally not visible to you... i would set the computer to show hidden files and look where they used to be... if still not there do a search again but in search options click search hidden files IF YOU KNOW HOW TO SHOW HIDDEN FILES DO SO, EVERYTHING PAST THIS IS HOW TO

To show hidden files open my computer (or any other folder) and click "tools" than "folder options" if using Win 7 or Vista(you shouldn't be posting in the xp section...but i forgive you ) you need to press the alt key with the window open to show "tools"
after clicking "folder options" a new window will open, click the "view" tab then in the "Advanced settings box" find "hidden files and folders" and click the radial button(the circle to the left) of "Show hidden files and folders" finally click "Ok" your computer will no longer hide files from you and you can try to find them Note: Files that are marked as hidden will show up as a washed out or "dim" icon

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-media-player-has-grabbed-all-my-music.1026566/
Relevancy 66.65%

could someone tell me if its possible to move music files from itunes to win media player11 ?

A:moving music from itunes to windows media player

If the songs in the iTunes library are M4P files, like songs purchased from the iTunes store, they can not be moved or converted directly to any other software player. You can use iTunes to burn music CDs of the files and then RIP them back to your player of choice.

EDIT: I am forgetting my manners. Hi angelkat, and welcome to TSG.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-music-from-itunes-to-windows-media-player.635393/
Relevancy 66.65%

hello
i have samsung note 3 and lenovo G580 *specs below*
when use the nearby devices option on mobile i can access music , pictures and videos on my laptop and listen to them without any problem
but when i try the reverse via windows media player it lists the music files , videos and pictures but can't use any of them and this message appears

i made sure that the PC is allowed to the mobile files
just to mention : windows media player can play shared music from other PCs on the network

A:windows media player can'y play music via network

Are you trying to share music to other computers? Or are you trying to share to some device connected to a tv?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/66408-windows-media-player-cany-play-music-via-network.html