Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 Updates Failing Error 800736B3

Q: Windows 7 Updates Failing Error 800736B3

Hello,

My Windows 7 x64 Home Premium updates are failing with error code 800736B3

I've tried the "Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 x64" and they still fail.

I've tried SFC /SCANNOW and they still fail.

Please Help!!

Thank You!

Rob S.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 Updates Failing Error 800736B3

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 Updates Failing Error 800736B3

Hello Rob,

Lets run SURT to see if it gives an indication of a corruption:

Download and run System Update Readiness Tool (SURT)
Please go Here and download the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT). Save this file to your desktop
Go to your desktop and run KB947821
When the SURT finishes installing, Please continue.
SFC /SCANNOW

Click on the button. Inside the search box type in CMD
Right click on CMD => Choose Run as Administrator
Inside the Command Prompt windows copy and paste the following command SFC /SCANNOW
Please wait for this to Finish before continuing with the rest of the steps.

Export CBS folder
Click the Start button then click Computer.
Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
Find and double click on the Logs folder.
Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.
Attach this to your next post please.
Please Note:: if the file is too big to upload to you next please post please upload via Dropbox or ge.tt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-updates-failing-error-800736b3-886089.html
Relevancy 84.32%

Hello,

My Windows 7 x64 Home Premium updates are failing with error code 800736B3

I've tried the "Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 x64" and they still fail.

I've tried SFC /SCANNOW and they still fail.

Please Help!!

Thank You!

Rob S.

A:Windows 7 Updates Failing Error 800736B3

Which update is failing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-updates-failing-error-800736b3.1132460/
Relevancy 83.39%

Hi after successfully installing windows my first windows install since XP after which I moved to Ubuntu and doing the initial set-up etc installing my own anti virus software and MS Office etc I thought it was time to let it update itself however every time I tell it to update then shut down it fails I tried to troubleshoot updates failing 800736B3 with 7 Windows code error it using the MS help box which was very little actual help and then tried to initiate the update manually however when it comes to installing some windows security and system updates and some IE updates installation fails resulting in error code B whatever that means The updates it fails on are Quote security update for INternet explorer for windows KB security update for windows KB security update for windows KB update for Windows 7 updates failing with error code 800736B3 internet explorer compatability view list for windows KB update for internet explorer for windows KB update for windows KB I'm currently running avast v home edition following win informing me that it would not allow AVG to run it was from an 'untrusted source' apparently despite having been working a few days previously but thats another problem entirely Any help than can be offered will be much obliged All I've been able to Windows 7 updates failing with error code 800736B3 turn up from googling is a command that un-registers windows which then for some reason allows the updates to occur following which I can use my original activation code given to me by digital river with the student upgrade deal to re-activate windows although I am reluctant to try this Many thanks civint

A:Windows 7 updates failing with error code 800736B3

Have never had Avast free home interfere with anything, but you can disable it to try the Updates by right clicking it's icon in system tray and "turn off real time protection"

I note that another recent thread on this error found by Googling also remains unresolved.

If you bought your Win7 retail, you are entitled to MS excellent tech support which will work the case through to satisfaction. Those Updates are standard and can wait a few days.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/36366-windows-7-updates-failing-error-code-800736b3.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Windows Professional x SP GB RAM Intel Core i GB free space on SSD Office Samsung Galaxy Note KIES Hi My Windows x PC has been working codes: failing 800736B3, Windows Error Update 80070246 with 8007371B, fine until recently The trouble started with attempting to use my Samsung Galaxy Note and sync using Samsung's Windows Update failing with Error codes: 8007371B, 800736B3, 80070246 KIES using a USB connection It was a bit glitchy but I finally got the thing to sync But today it didnt want to know Windows Update failing with Error codes: 8007371B, 800736B3, 80070246 and kept saying that my phone had quot No SIM card installed quot which is not true as the phone was picking up a mobile phone signal fine In Task Manager I discovered a thing called TrustedInstaller exe which is persistently taking up to of my processor I looked online and discovered that it was the correct size and that it was something to do with Windows Updates So ran Windows Update and discovered that it wanted to install about patches This is odd because I run Windows Update every or weeks Error code B Error code B But when I ran Windows Update two things failed So I executed a Restore Point to days ago and I ran Window Update again Same problem except that now there are THREE error codes Error code B Error code B Error code So this time I followed the windows error code links and although there was nothing describing my error codes I ran Microsoft FixIt and did Windows Update again Still the same problem So then I download ms System Update Readiness Tool for Win x - KB CLUE When I try to do the Windows Update it doest seem to even download anything and gets stuck at quot Downloading updates KB total complete quot I'm thinking that something is must be wrong if it thinks it needs to download quot KB quot - Any thoughts J

A:Windows Update failing with Error codes: 8007371B, 800736B3, 80070246

Please post the CheckSUR.log and CheckSUR.persist.log files as attachements to your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/258141-windows-update-failing-error-codes-8007371b-800736b3-80070246-a.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi.
I have a problem with Windows Update. It continues to fail with error code 800736B3. I have tried the update troubleshooter for Windows, I have ran scannow, I also have installed the update readiness tool and hotfix.
Still the updates fail.
I would greatly appreciate any help with this.
I have included the CBS flolder contents.
Thank you in advance for any insight!!!!!
Attachment 310809

Attachment 310811

Attachment 310812

Attachment 310813

Attachment 310814

Attachment 310815

Attachment 310819

Attachment 310820

Attachment 310821

A:Window Update failing error code 800736B3

CheckSUR shows this...

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\msil_mscorlib.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.17648_en-us_6687c1de75c8e03a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_mscorlib.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.21768_en-us_4fbc1bb28f6e72ee.manifest
I'll post a fix for it later - I have to get to work now

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/325648-window-update-failing-error-code-800736b3.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi.
I have a problem with Windows Update. It continues to fail with error code 800736B3. I have tried the update troubleshooter for Windows, I have ran scannow, I also have installed the update readiness tool and hotfix.
Still the updates fail.

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/359540-window-update-failing-error-code-800736b3.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I've been trying to solve this for a few months now but I haven't gotten anywhere. I've followed all the instructions here and they still continue to fail.

Windows Update Posting Instructions
I would really appreciate any insight as to what you think may be causing the issue, reformatting would really set me back since this computer has some industry specific CAD programs that are a pain to setup.

thanks again,Mark

For some reason I cant post an attachment "attach button doesn't respond, in fact none of them do", I'll add a reply to the thread to see if I can then.

Update: Sorry about the missing attachments, I moved them out of the folder and forgot to attach, there are a couple of older CBS Persist files if you need them.

thanks

Mark

The error code 9C59 appeared when I tried to add Internet Explorer 11 to the update, prior to that it wasn't there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/360726-window-update-failing-error-code-800736b3.html
Relevancy 79.98%

hello

i'm stuck with these 4 updates. i've tried fixit, the big 500mo windows update correction program, manual installation etc nothing works
i also have huge log files in my cbs folder (almost 5Go) . the cbs.log is almost 1Go

here are the updates :
kb2977629
kb2972211
kb2973112
kb2982378

thanks you for your help !

A:error 800736B3 on 4 updates

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346737-error-800736b3-4-updates.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello, I am having a small issue with Windows update. Windows 7 Home Premium, 64BIT OEM on HP Pavilion.

Window Update failing error code 800736B3

I have followed the SFC, update readiness, and clean boot procedures listed in the thread I linked above. I believe I have a SIMILAR issue (not the same).

Can anyone give me a light in the proper direction?

SFC found nothing, readiness tool ran and installed hotfix but did not fix issue. I also tried to install updates 1 at a time, to not avail, as well as the clean boot.

Based on my checksur log, I have the following:

Checking Package Watchlist
(f) CBS Watchlist Package Missing 0x80070002 Microsoft-Windows-Embedded-SKU-Foundation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~0.0.0.0 Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.2.9200.16521 Package registry presence failed, possibly an orphaned package on package watchlist

But I am unsure where to go or how to continue at this point. Any sugegstions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/381411-update-error-800736b3-updates-failed.html
Relevancy 78.26%

For months now I've had windows tell me that I have some updates to be installed. Every time I try it fails to update giving me the error code: 800736B3.

A:Error Code: 800736B3 with 7 failed updates

also my cbs.log was too big to fit in that one post so i had to make another one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/343776-error-code-800736b3-7-failed-updates.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I am trying to update these on Dell Windows 7 Home Premium Laptop:
KB2559049 - Cumulative Update for IE 9
KB2567680 - Secutiry Update for Windows 7
KB2570791 - Update for Windows 7
SP1 for Windowws 7

I tried installing them separately. Also, I tried running FixIt in Default mode. Nothing worked.
When I try to install System Readiness Tool it is stuck for ever and Green band does not move at all.

Please help!

-hcurry

A:All updates are failing on Windows 7 with error 8007045D

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Can you try a system restore to a point before you tried to install these updates?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/186035-all-updates-failing-windows-7-error-8007045d.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate installed.
For some reason my Windows Updates started failing with error code 80070034

I ran Sfc /scannow and it bombs out at 8% with the error "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation"

From the CBS log, these are the errors listed:
2011-02-24 14:02:04, Error CSI 0000005b (F) STATUS_DUPLICATE_NAME #843818# from CFileInstaller::CommitChanges(...)[gle=0xd00000bd]
2011-02-24 14:02:04, Error CSI 0000005c (F) STATUS_DUPLICATE_NAME #843817# from PrimitiveInstaller::CCoordinator::FinalizeChanges(...)[gle=0xd00000bd]

I tried changing the computer name, the workgroup name, installed Windows6.1-KB2484033-x64 (The Windows Update preparation or fix update?)

Renamed catroot2.
Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks for the help!

A:Windows Updates all failing - Error Code 80070034

Hi, ImpetuousRacer.

The System File Checker tool needs to be run as Adminsitrator. If you did not use an Admin account, please try again. You may also want to run SFC in Safe Mode (Restart your Computer, tap F8 until the startup options appear, select Safe Mode).

If no luck with SFC completing, I suggest you run chkdsk. See this tutorial for instructions: Disk Check.

Follow with a shutdown/restart and then run the Microsoft Fix it in both default and aggressive mode to reset the Windows Update components.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/146811-windows-updates-all-failing-error-code-80070034-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello! I'm having a pretty hard time with a computer. There are six updates which are failing -

Each time I receive error code 80070490. So far I've tried sfc /scannow, tweaking, clean boot, renaming softwaredistribution folder and installing each update manually. Sometimes while installing manually it'll install for almost an hour then fail. I'm desperate here I'd really appreciate some help! Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385619-windows-7-update-error-80070490-6-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi,
I have a new workstation which was updating fine but has now stopped updating. it gives an error message of 800706BE.
I have disabled the third party firewall to see if that caused a problem. is there any way of re-initiating the failed updates?

A:Updates continually failing on Windows 7 (Error 800706BE)

Hi dperrott,

You can first try Windows Update troubleshooting tool by going to Start -> Control Panel -> Troubleshooting -> Fix problems with Windows Update.

If the issue persists, rename the Windows Update Temporary folders by the steps below:

Click the Start Button and type in "Notepad" (without the quotation marks) in the open box and press Enter.
Copy the following commands and paste them into the opened Notepad window:

net stop wuauserv
net stop Cryptsvc
ren %windir%\SoftwareDistribution sdold.old
ren %windir%\system32\catroot2 crt2old.old
net start wuauserv
net start Cryptsvc

After pasting the above commands, please close the Notepad window. Then choose "Save" when you are prompted to save the file. Type "temp.bat" (without the quotation marks)
as the file name and choose Desktop from the left panel as the location.
Right click the temp.bat file on Desktop and choose Run as administrator.
A DOS-like window will begin processing.

Then, please restart the computer and check if we can update now.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Linda

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0f529a6d-f9e9-4db4-a69f-a420f2d7f2ef/updates-continually-failing-on-windows-7-error-800706be?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey Everyone!
I'm unable to do any windows updates due to error code 800B0100. I think a recent virus I had may have tampered with update files. I tried running the System Update Readiness Tool as suggested in Help and Support however the update installation on that failed too. Due to other problems I've been having recently I'm considering re-installing my OS at this point.
Any advice you have would be really appreciated! Thanks

A:Windows Updates Failing Due to Error Code: 800B0100

See this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956702

More than likely, if you do a 'clean' install, you will be able to get all the security updates.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397719/windows-updates-failing-due-to-error-code-800b0100/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi there,

I hope someone can help me with this. I have 2 of 5 Windows 7 updates are failing, with the following error codes:8007054F
9C57

I have also attached the Attachment 342102 file.

Thanks...

A:Windows 7 updates failing, error codes: 8007054F, 9C57

There are a huge number of error present in the CBS logs.
Oddly, the SFC scan appears to have only found 18 components to check - rather than the more normal 12000+ !!
Please attempt another SFC scan, and upload the CBS.log file again.

If the same behaviour is repeated, I think you are looking at least at a repair install

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/354141-windows-7-updates-failing-error-codes-8007054f-9c57.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Windows 7 Office Updates Failing error code 80070663

have run Sfc /scannow and rebooted 3 times and run the Windows Update Readiness tool and rebooted....errors remain that SFC /Scannow is not able to fix. I will attach the CBS log as a .zip file and a sfcdetails.txt file for review. please let me know how you think I can best resolve this. thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/392261-windows-7-office-updates-failing-error-code-80070663-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I install Windows error update any updates Failing to 800706BA just did a Windows update error 800706BA Failing to install any updates fresh install on a new SSD for my laptop I am getting above error I reinstalled again and got the same I ran check disk already And I started SURT hours ago but it is stuck on Initializing installatipn help please let me know if you need anymore info Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -GB - RTG-GW Windows Product Key Hash ArJ lDfGuse pNGJIavBAOoniJQ Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type COA SLP Windows OS version ID D A FAE-E - - B - B ABE CE Is Admin Yes TestCab x Windows update error 800706BA Failing to install any updates LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser c Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt D A FAE-E - - B - B ABE CE lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -GW lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt ASUSTeK Computer Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt N SM lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt N SM lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt B FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ASUS lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt Notebook lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM COA SLP channel Activation ID e a a-f f - -b bd-ba e a d f Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key GW Licen... Read more

A:Windows update error 800706BA Failing to install any updates

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347696-windows-update-error-800706ba-failing-install-any-updates.html
Relevancy 72.24%

So here goes my story After - years of use I decided to format and to do a clean install of Windows Home Premium through an USB install All goes well and the first thing I do is updating by using Windows update All updates succeed and I install all other programs needed for personal use But along the way my pc kept freezing especially during big downloads through Steam watching Flash Player videos in my browser or some trivial other things so I decided to restart my pc Blue screen appeared and I started everything over Format gt Clean install gt updates Failing Windows 800706F7) update Code updates in (Error: But now the updates didn't work as before and get stuck around - of them failing The error code been given every time Failing updates in Windows update (Error: Code 800706F7) is quot Code F quot I've done several things recommended on this forum and here are the results Ran the SURT tool and it installed Hotfix for Windows KB Ran a SFC scan Used the Fix It tool from MS to no avail Tried some other things I can't remember proposed on other forums but reverted with a system recovery point when they didn't work

A:Failing updates in Windows update (Error: Code 800706F7)

The CheckSUR log is incomplete - and there are no apparent problems in the CBS log or SFC scan.

Please upload the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file to a replay, and run the CheckSUR tool again - post the CheckSUR.log and CheckSURPersist.log files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/355054-failing-updates-windows-update-error-code-800706f7.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I did a clean code updates 9C47 and failing Windows 80070216 Error install of windows after installing a new motherboard and CPU but windows updates are not going through and Windows updates failing Error code 80070216 and 9C47 I think it may be a major security risk It is showing important updates that need to be installed but when I start updating it is showing kb total complete After running for minutes it shows that all updates have failed along with the two unknown error codes Attempting to update items one at a time gives the same results After attempting to run sfc scannow it gets to then stops saying quot Windows Resource Protection could now perform the requested operation quot I have gotten popups from windows saying quot your computer will shut down in minute quot and there seems to be no way to stop it I also seem to be running slower than I was before the new parts despite the obvious upgrade Any help is appreciated Thanks in advance EDIT just got quot windows must shut down in ause the DCOM Server Process Launcher service terminated unexpectedly quot

A:Windows updates failing Error code 80070216 and 9C47

I've never seen these errors before...

Code:
POQ 4 ends.
2014-01-02 21:05:22, Info CSI 0000001c [SR] Verify complete
2014-01-02 21:05:22, Info CSI 0000001d [SR] Verifying 100 (0x0000000000000064) components
2014-01-02 21:05:22, Info CSI 0000001e [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
2014-01-02 21:05:22, Error CSI 0000001f (F) STATUS_INTEGER_OVERFLOW #554039# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectFileSystemProvider::SysSetInformationFile(flags = 0, h = 3a0 ("\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\winsxs\Temp\PendingRenames\34f198a43008cf015a0200005817d017._0000000000000000.cdf-ms"), iosb = @0xaace20, buff = @0xaace68, bufflen = 8, ic = 20 (0x00000014), disp = Invalid)
[gle=0xd0000095]
2014-01-02 21:05:22, Error CSI [email protected]/1/3:03:05:22.997 (F) d:\w7rtm\base\wcp\sil\merged\ntu\ntsystem.cpp(2403): Error STATUS_INTEGER_OVERFLOW originated in function Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectFileSystemProvider::SysSetInformationFile expression: ::BUCL::Rtl::ConvertInteger( Length, ulLength)
[gle=0x80004005]
2014-01-02 21:05:23, Error CSI 00000021 (F) STATUS_INTEGER_OVERFLOW #554024# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::CFile_IRtlFileTearoff::SetContents(file = [l:104{52}]"\SystemRoot\WinSxS\FileMaps\_0000000000000000.cdf-ms", flags = 0, contents = {l:556 b:50636d480100000000000000d36fd1205ed0487611000000880000000c0000005400000000000000000000000100000084000000000000000000000003000000ffffffffff1b352825d55541acb06e7c64c725d80500000006000000080000000d0000000f00000007000000090000000e0000000a0000000c0000000b000000...})[gle=0xd0000095]
2014-01-02 21:05:23, Error CSI 00000022 (F) STATUS_INTEGER_OVERFLOW #554018# from CFileMapContext::AddFileMapping(...)[gle=0xd0000095]
2014-01-02 21:05:23, Error CSI 00000023 (F) STATUS_INTEGER_OVERFLOW #553978# from CFileInstaller::CommitChanges(...)[gle=0xd0000095]
2014-01-02 21:05:23, Error CSI 00000024 (F) STATUS_INTEGER_OVERFLOW #553977# from PrimitiveInstaller::CCoordinator::FinalizeChanges(...)[gle=0xd0000095]
Perhaps it would help to see the Event logs...

Please open Event Viewer
In the left pane, navigate to the Windows Logs
right-click on Applications and select 'Save all events as...' save as Apps.evtx
repeat for the System logs - save as Sys.evtx
Compress both files, and attach to your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/317054-windows-updates-failing-error-code-80070216-9c47.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I've been pulling my hair out trying to install SP for win for some time and have had no luck or useful support from Microsoft on the issue I've 800736B3 Error 7 SP1 Windows run the CheckSUR multiple times I've posted the log below I've run the sfc program and when it finishes is says quot Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations quot I've posted Windows 7 SP1 Error 800736B3 the CBS log below I've uninstalled AVG and tried to run the update same error I've run all the fixes that could be connected to the error No Help I've downloaded the SP package as a standalone installation same error I've tried to run a repair installation from the Win disk no improvement So here I am asking if anyone has an answer for me I have some software that will only run with SP installed so I need to figure this out and I would rather not do a fresh install if possible Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

A:Windows 7 SP1 Error 800736B3

Press the Windows Flag key and the Pause key and post a picture using this tutorial by Brink:

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/367395-windows-7-sp1-error-800736b3.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi
I have problems with Windows Update, it does not install updates.
I have run SURT and SFC Scan.
Logs enclosed.

Many thanks for your help!

A:Windows Update: error 800736B3

This is the only error in the SFC scan...

Code:
Line 3507: 2015-02-27 11:22:03, Info CSI 00000310 [SR] Repairing 1 components
Line 3508: 2015-02-27 11:22:03, Info CSI 00000311 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 3511: 2015-02-27 11:22:03, Info CSI 00000313 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"PINTLGB.IMD" of Microsoft-Windows-IME-Simplified-Chinese-Core, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 3514: 2015-02-27 11:22:04, Info CSI 00000315 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"PINTLGB.IMD" of Microsoft-Windows-IME-Simplified-Chinese-Core, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 3515: 2015-02-27 11:22:04, Info CSI 00000316 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:202{101}]"Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514.WindowsFoundationDelivery"
Line 3520: 2015-02-27 11:22:04, Info CSI 00000319 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:62{31}]"\??\C:\Windows\IME\IMESC5\DICTS"\[l:22{11}]"PINTLGB.IMD"; source file in store is also corrupted
Line 3533: 2015-02-27 11:22:05, Info CSI 0000031b [SR] Repair complete
I'll post a fix protocol later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/362678-windows-update-error-800736b3.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a computer that has been failing to install the IE cumulative updates. It is now also failing to install the bundled security updates (KB3192391 for example). I have tried the system readiness tool, clearing out the database, manually installing,
removing/re-adding IE from Windows features, and running SFC scan. I cannot find a solution for error 800736B3. Anyone know any other things I can do?
This is for a business computer. Would I qualify for free Microsoft support? If I do, how do I start that process?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/77791b84-fa65-4e6b-a2ff-6ab21a7e926e/windows-update-error-800736b3?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 67.08%

Okay I currently have the CBS file compressing but here's the basic rundown of my problem: Updates fail to install and gives me error code 800736B3, no matter how I try to install them, one at a time, all at once, on shutdown, while computer is running, etc. It has continually asked me to run checkdisk when I turn it on and won't run unless I do, and when it does run, it deletes files that are Corrupted, I think? Has crashed my computer once this past week which made me begin to look into the issue

Edit- The file won't attach normally so I've uploaded it to a public Google drive.
Link for that is here. https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Tg&usp=sharing

A:Windows Update Error 800736B3

Can you complete this Tutorial. If you can please do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/373124-windows-update-error-800736b3.html
Relevancy 66.22%

CBS.zip is attached. can anyone help with this error code. I cannot run windows update. This error code 800736B3 is the result every time. I have ran cmd spf scan, I have ran the window repair tools. Nothing will do it. Can someone please help?

A:Windows update error code 800736B3

Hello and welcome tenlakes mate I see you have done the sfc and I would suggest you run this as well if you haven't already
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

just for another option you could run these they don't take long and will eliminate anything from that direction
http://www.superantispyware.com/
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
ADW download from bleeping computer delete any rubbish found with the malware scans
(NB If one is running Kaspersky security it may rant about ADW - just ignore it or disable Kaspersky while the ADW is being used)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/368372-windows-update-error-code-800736b3.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,
I have a problem with Windows Update. Firstly, i got windows update servise not running message. Then I was download the System Update Readiness Tool when i start that i get this error code 0x8007000d. Finally I tried update in windows update again i get this error code 800736B3.

A:Windows Update, error code 800736B3

We also need the CheckSUR.log file created by running the CheckSUR/SURT tool - even if incomplete, it may give us some clues.

Your SFC scan identified the following problems -

Code:
Line 9296: 2014-06-06 13:33:15, Info CSI 00000244 [SR] Repairing 7 components
Line 9297: 2014-06-06 13:33:15, Info CSI 00000245 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 9298: 2014-06-06 13:33:15, Info CSI 00000246 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"lsi_sas.sys" of lsi_sas.inf, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
Line 9299: 2014-06-06 13:33:15, Info CSI 00000247 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"lsi_fc.sys" of lsi_fc.inf, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
Line 9300: 2014-06-06 13:33:16, Info CSI 00000248 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:32{16}]"bthmigplugin.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-BTH-USER, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
Line 9301: 2014-06-06 13:33:17, Info CSI 00000249 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:102{51}]"Microsoft-Windows-IIS-HTTPLogging-Deployment-DL.man" of Microsoft-Windows-Migration-DownlevelManifests, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
Line 9302: 2014-06-06 13:33:17, Info CSI 0000024a [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:76{38}]"MediaServer-Multicast-Migration-DL.man" of Microsoft-Windows-Migration-DownlevelManifests, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
Line 9303: 2014-06-06 13:33:17, Info CSI 0000024b [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:100{50}]"Microsoft-Windows-IIS-IPSecurity-Deployment-DL.man" of Microsoft-Windows-Migration-DownlevelManifests, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
Line 9304: 2014-06-06 13:33:17, Info CSI 0000024c [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:30{15}]"winlogon-DL.man" of Microsoft-Windows-Migration-DownlevelManifests, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
Line 9305: 2014-06-06 13:33:17, Info CSI 0000024d [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"msdtcstp.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-Migration-DownlevelManifests, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing
Line 9306: 2014-06-06 13:33:17, Info CSI 0000024e [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:44{22}]"TabletPCJournal-DL.man" of Microsoft-Windows-Migra... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/333896-windows-update-error-code-800736b3.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

i need help - my windows update doesn't work.

I put 2 cbs (CBS_1part and CBS_2part) - becouse log have 10MB after zip'ing.
(must unpack CBS_1part and CBS_2part to one folder after that unpack CBS.log)

file other.zip have another files from CBS folder.

A:Windows update Error 80243004 and 800736B3

What on earth did you use to split the Zip files? I've tried 3 different tools, and all tell me the files are corrupt.

Please just zip two/3 files together and upload them separately, then do another 2/3 files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371744-windows-update-error-80243004-800736b3.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, I've been receiving error code 800736b3 when trying to install 2 security updates and I don't know what the problem is.

A:Windows Update error code 800736b3

When this happens to me (just did - code 8007038) I install the updates one at a time.
Worked for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/334740-windows-update-error-code-800736b3.html
Relevancy 66.22%

i run Windows 7 Ult 64bit w/PS1. My comps been running great, installing updates perfectly till now.. I have read alot of posts on this and i have tried everything that people have posted as remedies, but nothing seems to work. I am hoping i dont have to re-install Windows again, cause i just did it a week ago.. any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Operating System - MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 38 ?C
Kentsfield 65nm Technology

RAM - 6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz (5-5-5-15)

Motherboard - Dell Inc. 0TP406 (CPU)

Graphics - DELL SE198WFP ([email protected])
1024MB GeForce GT 430 (nVidia) 36 ?C

Hard Drives - 313GB Seagate ST3320620AS (RAID) 37 ?C

Optical Drives - TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653B

Audio High - Definition Audio Device

A:Windows Update Error Code 800736B3

AS you have no replys, take a look at this link, do any of the methods in the accepted answer do anything for you.

Windows update fails to install updates with error code 800736B3 - Microsoft Answers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-error-code-800736b3-606350.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

This is my first post, and not all that clever with pcs, so apologies in advance if I've missed something out.

I have been getting this error code repeatedly when trying to install update KB2922229 for a couple of months now. Never had any problems before. Other updates were installing just fine, but I am now getting the same error code when trying to install update KB2871997. As both of these updates seem to be related to security, I am getting a bit concerned.

I have followed the steps in the Windows Update Posting Instructions, running SURT and an SFC scan. Logs attached.

Hope someone will be kind enough to help with this.

I have never seen such a CheckSUR summary before!

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 94
Found 6833 errors
Fixed 6833 errors
CSI Catalog Missing Total count: 7
Fixed: CSI Catalog Missing. Total count: 7
CSI Missing Component Key Total count: 927
Fixed: CSI Missing Component Key. Total count: 927
CSI Missing Pinned Component Key Total count: 15
Fixed: CSI Missing Pinned Component Key. Total count: 15
CSI Missing Identity Total count: 2026
Fixed: CSI Missing Identity. Total count: 2026
CSI Missing C Mark Total count: 1617
Fixed: CSI Missing C Mark. Total count: 1617
CSI Payload File Missing Total count: 24
Fixed: CSI Payload File Missing. Total count: 24
CSI F Mark Missing Total count: 2232
Fixed: CSI F Mark Missing. Total count: 2232
The SFC scan is clear - which in view of the above, is rather surprising.

Have you tried installing the updates again since running the CheckSUR/SURT?

If not, please do so, and let us know what happens - First do a check for Updates, and see if the updates appear at all - they may not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/332755-windows-update-error-code-800736b3.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

Whenever I try to run windows update it seems to fail, the error code i get is 800736B3.

I have followed the instructions and ran the hotfix and sfc scan however the problem still persists.

I have attached the files that i can, however when compressing the CBS folder it totals to 196MB so its impossible to upload here.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Tim

A:Windows Update Error Code: 800736B3

Hi,

I have now added a drop box link to the CBS folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f920qsjxup5g4hk/CBS.zip?dl=0

Thanks,

Tim

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377776-windows-update-error-code-800736b3.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi
You must get this a lot but I've tried every method mentioned before here.

I get this error when installing updates. Can someone guide me on how to troubleshoot it?

What updates are you trying to install?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67057-windows-update-error-code-800736b3.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have been stuck with this error for a bit and would like to get rid of the .NET 3.5.1 patch notices. CBS log attached for review.

Thanks for the help.

A:Windows Update: error 800736B3 with .NET 3.5.1 patch

Your CBS log did not come through:

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/363882-windows-update-error-800736b3-net-3-5-1-patch.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi! Since the beginning of may (May 3rd) every update has failed and they've been stacking up to the point where there's now 25 updates I've missed.

I've googled the issue and tried running "Fixit" and CheckSUR but nothing has helped.
I'm now desperate and annoyed because of all this. That's why I'm coming to you on this forum. You seem to have a lot of knowledge on these topics.

Since I'm new to this, I don't really know which files and logs to attach so if someone explained it to me I'll be able to post them ASAP

A:25 failed updates - 800736B3

I'm not one of the experts you are needing but they will want you to do this first.

A tutorial by tom982

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/344038-25-failed-updates-800736b3.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have been experiencing trouble with Windows Update for some time I have important updates that do no install correctly I have spent the better found: 80070005 / Windows 800736B3 - Update Error(s) portion of yesterday and today trying to figure out a couple of issues that I'v had and this is the only one remaining but I haven't been able to get it fixed I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter I have tried disabling security software I have tried System Update Readiness Tool for Windows for x -based Systems I have tried CMD sfc scannow did not find any integrity violations I have tried CMD CHKDSK C R as Windows Update - Error(s) found: 800736B3 / 80070005 well as Microsoft NET Framework Repair Tool I doubt this is important but just in Windows Update - Error(s) found: 800736B3 / 80070005 case I will note that days ago I cloned my Windows Update - Error(s) found: 800736B3 / 80070005 hard drive and am now running off of the new one However this issue existed long before the clone Error s found are- Code B Code The important updates are- Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB

A:Windows Update - Error(s) found: 800736B3 / 80070005

Try these:

For Code 800736B3: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/windows-update-error-code-800736b3-failes-to/98573891-eead-4257-8bf2-1fbac3f2a96a
Skip the SFC step and System Readiness steps, and try the clean boot and safe mode options.

For Code 80070005: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_update/windows-update-error-code-80070005/3b00bcc8-f44a-4134-af68-e727605ad647
There are links to a number of troubleshooting steps and some automated fix-it tools.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538324/windows-update-errors-found-800736b3-80070005/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello,

I seem to be running into a popular issue with Windows Update- 800736B3. WU is not completely broken, as it's still able to install updates to Security Essentials and non-system software (IE11, Office). All system updates, however, are failing. I've ran SURT and SFC scan, but both didn't report any outright errors. The logs should be attached to this post in the .zip

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

A:Windows Update constant failures, Error 800736B3

There are no errors in CheckSUR or the SFC scan, and nothing significant in the background CBS data.

Please post your C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file - it may tell us where the problem lies.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/334595-windows-update-constant-failures-error-800736b3.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I have Windows bit Lenovo ideapad that is not allowing system updates and Windows 9C57 800736B3 codes update Error This has been going on for awhile I do some research on the problem and attempt to fix it myself When I am unsuccessful I become frustrated so then I don't try again for several months Meanwhile Windows update Error codes 800736B3 and 9C57 my computer performance is getting worse and worse What I've tried so far Windows updater troubleshooter Service registration missing or corrupt-FIXED Problems installing recent updates-FIXED Starting computer in clean boot to try to install updates Temporarily disabling antivirus software AVG Antivirus Free Edition and trying to run the updates I've downloaded and tried to run the SURT not sure if it actually DID run SFC scan did not find any integrity violations I was unable to upload CBS zip file to this thread I tried a few times Connection was reset I have not yet tried to restore the registry because I'm not confident on how to do it although I did backup my computer on an external hard drive Please let me know if you require any additional information Any insight advice or help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Windows update Error codes 800736B3 and 9C57

Please follow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for anumber of reasons)

Please also post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374550-windows-update-error-codes-800736b3-9c57.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I m keep error, failing 80070490 Updates running Windows Vista Home Premium bit on 80070490 error, Updates keep failing an Acer laptop The problem constantly causes updates in particular to fail KB amp KB with the error code From what I ve read I must have a corrupt CBS manifest and I need to run a Repair Install with the original Vista CD DVD but I don t have it My D drive is almost completely empty gb used so I don t think the recovery partition is there I can t be sure Steps I ve taken so far include System Restore Windows System Update Readiness Tool the log reported no errors and using an ISO of the Vista quot Repair quot CD to preform a Startup Repair during which I received this message quot Startup repair could not detect a problem If you have recently attached a device to this computer such as a camera or portable music player remove it and restart your computer If you continue to see this message contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance quot I also ran the hardware check on the recovery CD which found no errors I m not the original owner of the laptop Is there anything short of replacing the original OS disk or buying a new one that can be done to fix this issue Would WAIK be helpful Any help is appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402288/80070490-error-updates-keep-failing/
Relevancy 64.93%

My Windows Seven Professional is original SP It's been three months since my Windows Update stopped working All updates fail with the same error I failing. Error keep Updates 80070308. already tried Updates keep failing. Error 80070308. all the fix and troubleshout programs all some lines for the Updates keep failing. Error 80070308. command prompt I updated my drives using Slimdrivers and Iobit softwares but I still have tons of windows security IE and framework updates The SFC Scan says nothing and the SURT only updated the Hotifx KB I searched the forum and found other threads with the same problem If it is of any help I used the following commands REG LOAD HKLM COMPONENTS C Windows System config COMPONENTS REG QUERY HKLM COMPONENTS And these are the results Microsoft Windows vers o Copyright c Microsoft Corporation Todos os direitos reservados C Windows system gt REG LOAD HKLM COMPONENTS C Windows System config COMPONEN TS A opera o foi conclu da com xito C Windows system gt REG QUERY HKLM COMPONENTS HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS StoreFormatVersion REG BINARY E E E StoreArchitecture REG BINARY PendingRequired REG DWORD x LastScavengeCookie REG QWORD x d f ba a dae LastScavengeFlags REG DWORD x HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS CanonicalData HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS ccpinterface HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS Configuration HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS DerivedData HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS Installers HKEY LOCAL MACHINE COMPONENTS ServicingStackVersions C Windows system gt -------------------

A:Updates keep failing. Error 80070308.

The CBS.log shows the following error sequence...

Code:
2015-06-20 17:11:34, Error CSI 00000011 (F) A previous transaction requested a reboot, so you cannot commit any transactions until you reboot.
[gle=0x80004005]
2015-06-20 17:11:34, Error CSI 00000012 (F) STATUS_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE #38621# from Windows::COM::CComponentStore::ApplyTransactionNow(...)[gle=0xd000042a]
2015-06-20 17:11:34, Error CSI [email protected]/6/20:21:11:34.463 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\componentstore\com\store_transaction.cpp(1841): Error STATUS_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE originated in function Windows::COM::CComponentStore::ApplyTransactionNow expression: (null)
[gle=0x80004005]
try this...
Open an Elevated Command Prompt, and run the following commands
REG LOAD HKLM\COMPONENTS C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS
REG DELETE HKLM\COMPONENTS /V PendingRequired

then reboot, and try Windows Update again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/373467-updates-keep-failing-error-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,

I've been trying to fix the error, but need some help.

I tried following Microsoft's instruction on replacing the corrupt files, etc. but having a tough time. I have another computer that I can copy the files from, but I'm not even sure where and what files.

I ran the system update readiness tool, and included the log file.

Thank you!

A:Updates failing error 800B0100

Some helpful information here:
Windows Update error 800B0100 - Windows Help

and here:
What is the System Update Readiness Tool? - Windows Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/363986-updates-failing-error-800b0100.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I'm having a problem installing Windows Updates on my Windows Home Premium -bit PC - the update process ends with the error code B see attached screenshot I have tried following several suggested courses of action I obtained from several sources none of which has resolved the problem including Methods amp of Microsoft's Windows update error code B failes to install KB - Microsoft Community sfc scannow 800736B3 Update Code - 7 64-bit Error Home Windows Premium - gt no errors reported System Update Readiness Tool - gt downloaded installed successfully - no errors reported After running both of these restarted my PC and then tried to install the Windows updates again - no luck same Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Update - Error Code 800736B3 error reported So now I will see if anyone here can help me Thank-you very much in advance for any assistance you can provide Kevin p s the CBS zip file I created as per the Windows Update Posting Instructions was MB so too large to post There are several large cab files in that folder CbsPersist cab - can I exclude those from the zip file Edit Added CBS zip file with log files Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Update - Error Code 800736B3 only from C Windows Logs CBS folder

A:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Update - Error Code 800736B3

I'm trying to figure out what exactly this error code means... it's not as easy to find like BSOD bugcheck codes, lol.

What updates failed exactly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/364460-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-update-error-code-800736b3.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi, I am having a problem with installing the English language pack on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1. It is now in Polish since I am polish and the edition I have is called Windows 7 Ingresso which is basicaly a cut down version of Win7 with some great programs preinstaled and is also really fast. The thing is I like doing youtube tutorials to some programs and things like that, but can't because Windows is in Polish...

I tried installing the English Language Pack through Windows Updates but it gives me an error code 800736B3

Anyone got any ideas?

Any help much appriciated thanks

A:Windows 7 SP1 - English Language Pack Installation Error : 800736B3

Hello baertekxx12,

Peruse the link below to see if it provides any useful information.

Quote:
Microsoft has no publicly available information for error code 800736B3.
Other threads in Answers forums very strongly suggest that error code 800736B3 is a symptom of system corruption/damage, most often caused by, e.g., one or more Norton realtime-protection processes, an infection, and/or injudicious use of "Registry cleaners" (e.g., Registry Mechanic; System Mechanic; RegCure; Advanced SystemCare; AVG PC TuneUp; PCTools Optimiser; CCleaner).

Error installing any language pack using windows update - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/194947-windows-7-sp1-english-language-pack-installation-error-800736b3.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there,

I have a problem with Windows Update - it continually fails to install update KB2966583 (which is about 2.5MB) and brings up error code 800736B3. I have tried the update troubleshooter for Windows, the update readiness tool and hotfix.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

A:Windows Update KB2966583 fails, error code 800736B3

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346121-windows-update-kb2966583-fails-error-code-800736b3.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I get a message everytime I try to updates Windows, there is over 112 updates which could not install, I have attached a picture of my error code (In the picture i have only tried one to see if it would work.)
Thanks

Attachment 301011

Attachment 301030

A:Windows Updates Are Failing to Install? ( Over 112 Updates)

please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions, so the experts can help you

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/317846-windows-updates-failing-install-over-112-updates.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I am dealing with interesting but messy situation with almost new PC PC specs Lenovo ThinkCentre M p Windows Pro x While windows updates were working normally initially they are not working at all anymore - all OS updates are failing and do not install with error code B I have tried different voodoo for me tricks to no avail Manually downloaded individual update fails to install as well Another issue are huge CBS log approx MB before cab files are auto-done What I have done - run SFC scannow several times before and after running SURT result is always quot Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them quot - all, 800736B3 at 7 errors x64 working Updates and not Win 80246007 Pro run SURT - run quot Windows Update Diagnostic quot result is rather confusing - it keeps mentioning x not fixed but then show as fixed in details - I am attaching screenshots as well deleting renaming specific folders as was advised in several forums Win 7 Pro x64 Updates not working at all, errors 800736B3 and 80246007 restarting WU BITS services The issue remains same as before - Windows updates are still not installing Mostly they fail with B sometimes with same quot KB quot update Fresh CheckSUR log is clean but I am attaching CheckSUR persist with some issues for reference I am also attaching two partial CBS log files after deleting CBS log at some point If older CBSpersist are needed I can provide them but they are big MB - MB per file Can gurus please help Thank you in advance EDIT At moment there are critical updates that do not install

A:Win 7 Pro x64 Updates not working at all, errors 800736B3 and 80246007

Bump: any knowledgeable good soul around?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/364554-win-7-pro-x64-updates-not-working-all-errors-800736b3-80246007-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

New XPS13 (originally 8.1) was loaded with Win7x64 enterprise. Sporadic BSOD's when running Outlook/Adobe Acrobat Pro, analyzing memory dumps resulted in "was not able to determine the cause of the problem" issue. Tried running sfc /scannow, gor the "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation." message. Tried to run it in the safe mode (per instructions found at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833) , got the "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service". Rebooted the system and attempted the sfc again, the verification was 100% completed, but "windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them".

I have the log available if someone would like to look at it.
Help would be tremendously appreciated. I would prefer to avoid wiping the drive, if possible at all.

A:Unable to run updates, error 8024000E, sfc failing

Attached is today's log.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369987-unable-run-updates-error-8024000e-sfc-failing.html
Relevancy 64.07%
A:Win 10 updates keep failing KB3167685 - Error 0x800f0922

Doesn't seem to relate to update problem.

Got following:

2016-06-28 08:45:53, Info CSI 00005a02 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:19]"Windows Journal.lnk" of Microsoft-Windows-TabletPC-Journal, version 10.0.10586.306, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
2016-06-28 08:45:54, Info CSI 00005a05 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:19]"Windows Journal.lnk" of Microsoft-Windows-TabletPC-Journal, version 10.0.10586.306, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
2016-06-28 08:45:54, Info CSI 00005a06 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:80]"Package_1840_for_KB3163018~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.1.2.3163018-4571_neutral"
2016-06-28 08:45:54, Info CSI 00005a09 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:78 ml:79]"\??\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Tablet PC"\[l:19]"Windows Journal.lnk"; source file in store is also corrupted

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/54635-win-10-updates-keep-failing-kb3167685-error-0x800f0922.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello,

I have recently managed to install Windows 7 on a new ssd in my Vaio laptop. I?ve had som problems on the way but have come this far now. I came across your site and I hope this is something you can help me with.

It?s updates that I feel I have done everything to solve but they keeps failing all the time..

Attachment 334210

The updates in question are:
Attachment 334342

Swedish language pack (KB2483139)

And 3 other optional updates
(KB2574819)
(KB2592687)
(KB2830477)

I have already download them all and tried to install them separately but that didn?t work.

My zipped CBS folder is 44mb compressed so I zipped them separately.

I hope you guys can help me!
Thanks

A:Have a few updates left that keeps failing, error 800B0100

Sorry you've been left waiting so log! Real life gets in the way every now and then....
Your Checksur would make very depressing reading - but luckily, all the problems seem to relate to a single failed update.

Code:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ehome-mcplayer_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22733_none_c22e46d4e7b0ab80.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-c..ityclient.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_en-us_673ca97b1742f360.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-lsa.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_en-us_e543c265c667028a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-c..ityclient.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_en-us_c35b44fecfa06496.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..ent-core.deployment_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_none_af4247f6d9404079.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-msauditevtlog_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_none_c9bfccdeefdbaee9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-lsa_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18526_none_0467aa1173712ab7.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-security-kerberos_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_none_4fc7759214f9fd56.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-security-credssp_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_none_c635840018fe3efe.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ncrypt-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_none_bc7a43a62167ba06.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-security-ntlm_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_none_db4edae792566e7b.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-security-digest_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_none_9969392bac80bf2c.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-lsa_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_none_0f3b2328c0f7a594.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-security-credssp_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_none_22541f83d15bb034.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-security-kerberos_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_none_4572cb3fe0993b5b.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ehome-mcplayer_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18523_none_c1af780fce8af29e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-c..tionauthorityclient_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_none_d9fb080cb415c253.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-ncrypt-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_none_605ba822690a48d0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-security-schannel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_none_8b06e374b96f441f.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-security-ntlm_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_none_e5a38539c6b73076.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-security-digest_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_none_a3bde37de0e18127.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-lsa_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18526_none_0ebc5463a7d1ecb2.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-security-kerberos_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18526_none_44f3fc7ac7738279.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-security-kerberos_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18526_none_4f48a6ccfbd44474.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-m..ditevtlog.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_en-us_5c82f683d14aa0fa.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-security-schannel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_none_80b23922850e8224.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-m..ditevtlog.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_en-us_b8a1920789a81230.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-c..tionauthorityclient_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_none_3619a3906c733389.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-lsa_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_none_04e678d68c96e399.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-msauditevtlog_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22736_none_25de6862a839201f.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_102_for_KB2982378~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_102_for_KB2982378~31bf3856ad... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346458-have-few-updates-left-keeps-failing-error-800b0100.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium.
I am no longer getting any security updates because the update for Windows Update fails with Error Code 800736B3.

SFC /SCANNOW reports no errors.
C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

I have attached the CBS folder without the CbsPersist.cab files.

I have already tried the Microsoft KB How to update the Windows Update Agent to the latest version

Attachment 333503

A:Windows Update Agent 7.6.7600.320 Fails - Error Code 800736B3

There's nothing apparently amiss in any of the uploaded files.
Please upload the CBSPersist files, and the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/345786-windows-update-agent-7-6-7600-320-fails-error-code-800736b3.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I've re-run the updates several times and gone through the System File Check process, run the MS suggested Fix-It, and run the System Update Readiness program, but still can't get these two updates to install. Attached is the CBS.zip.

A:Two security updates fail: KB293135 (800736B3) & KB2926765 (8007000D)

CheckSUR fixed a number of problems - but was also unable to fix a few.
Here's the failure list...

Code:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-shell32_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18429_none_ca494925289f2f1e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-shell32_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18429_none_d49df3775cfff119.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-shell32_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22639_none_cac817ea41c4e800.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-shell32_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22639_none_d51cc23c7625a9fb.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2926765~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2926765~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2926765_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2926765_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2926765~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2926765~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2926765~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2926765~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2926765_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2926765_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2926765~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2926765~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
I'll post a fix for them a little later - gotta eat soon!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/333171-two-security-updates-fail-kb293135-800736b3-kb2926765-8007000d.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello, this issue is regarding some updates for Office 2003 that won't install at any cost, and I'm having this problem on more than one pc, for a little of info about the pc and some background on the problem I have this post that came from the "HJT Help" forum, here, thanks for all the possible help.

In short words, I got error "0x80070643" sfter trying to install:
- Update for Office 2003 (KB907417)
- Office 2003 Service Pack 2
- Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB916521)

The installation will fail, so I don't know what course of action to follow.

Fen

A:[SOLVED] Office updates failing to install, error 0x80070643.

Hi Fenrry it's me again

Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK. In the list of services, double-click Office Source Engine.
View the option that appears in the Startup type list.
If the startup type is set to Disabled, change the startup type to Manual. To do this, click Manual in the Startup type list, and then click OK.
Try to install the Office Update packages again.

If that's not the problem then the osa.exe may be corrupted. You can replace this using the Ghost recovery CD. Use the Ghost explorer interface to replace single file you can do this within windows so there is no need to boot to DOS. The default location of osa.exe is path:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine copy the file from the CD over to the hard drive.

Are you able to install the updates now?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-office-updates-failing-to-install-error-0x80070643-104177.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi there

Since we fixed a virus issue (with the help of Bleeping Computer) Windows updates have failed to install.  Could someone advise on how we could fix this?

Thanks.

A:Windows updates failing

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

You only have the one post here.  How did Bleeping Computer help you?

What programs were run?

Are you receiving an error message when a update fails?

If you are, please post the exact message.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578392/windows-updates-failing/
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm not sure what more to say than what the title says and what is shown in the images. Can anyone help me get my updates working right?

Also went to CMD as admin and ran sfc /scannow and it said no integrity violations.

A:Windows 7 updates Failing

Try going directly to Microsoft, and the Windows Update page then try to install the updates manually.

Also on your second screen shot, If you click on the "View Detailed Information" it may lead you to the problem / solution.

http://www.update.microsoft.com

This might even help, Fix the problem with Microsoft Windows Update that is not working

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-updates-failing-836337.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I tried to install office12 and that failed so i tried to install windows update but I got error code 8007000B. I went to the command prompt and tried to clear it with
by typing fsutil resource setautorestrat true C:\ and that didn't work. someone please help!!

thanks.

A:Help With Windows Updates Failing

Did you run as administrator the command prompt before typing "fsutil resource setautorestrat true C:\" ?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/150403-help-windows-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi...
I have the same problem as Bizarro, but I did not merge any files. I reformatted my husbands laptop, reinstalled WinXP Pro w/SP 2, installed Norton Antivirus 7, then did all the Windows update. I have the same list of "failed to install" updates as Bizarro posted. I have tried installing with Norton turned off, Norton turned on, but no difference; they will not install.
Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks.
WW

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-updates-failing-168698.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi

The same Windows 7 updates keep failing.

I have placed a more complete screenshot here:

Any help or advice will be much appreciated

Thanks

A:Windows Updates Keep Failing

Hello GMS Group, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Could you post back with what the exact full error message? This will better help us to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/247030-windows-updates-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,
It's been going on for a while now, and I thought that it would eventually fix itself; but it hasn't...
I have a whole load of updates that keep failing. Can anyone tell me whats wrong and/or how to fix it?
It's not all of the updates (as far as I can tell), but it is most of them.
Here is a print screen of some of the errors/update history:

I am using Windows7. If you need any more information please ask!

Thanks in advanced,

Thomas

A:Windows Updates Keep Failing!?

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/305022-windows-updates-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I am working on an Acer 5334-2598 for a friend. It's her kids' computer and she has been running several years without any kind of antivirus. I installed AVG Free, ran Malware Bytes on it, as well as Adware and autoruns. I've removed quite a bit of junk and viruses, but it will not install any updates to the OS from Microsoft. The computer is running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1. When I try to install updates, it gives me the unknown error code. Right now, everytime you turn off the computer, it tries to install 89 updates, which it never can do, because they always fail. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Windows 7 updates failing

In case I wasn't clear, I did run a whole computer scan with AVG. It found nearly 300 trojans, viruses and other malware, and successfully removed or contained them. Malware Bytes found several more PUPs (they were removed) and Adware found some annoying popups (also removed). I saved logs from Malware Bytes and Adware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591953/windows-7-updates-failing/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a several year old HP Laptop. A few months ago windows updates started to fail when computer restarted and tried to reconfigure itself with the updates. I would get a message saying it was reverting to old configuration.

I used system recovery to restore system to factory configuration. It was successful. It later tried to install over 100 windows updates. It then failed as stated above.

The only anomaly is a message about primary battery needs to be replaced. I have attempted all the updates with the power supply plugged into the computer.

Any suggestions for successfully installing windows updates?

A:Windows 7 Updates Failing

Hello baron100, Welcome to TSF.

It would help us greatly if you could give us the model, and perhaps an accurate age, of your HP Laptop.
I found have numerous occasions where Windows Updates fail. (I am using a HP Pavilion dv7 Laptop 9 that's months old with Windows? 7 Home Premium.)
My personal solution was to continue persistently with checking for Updates, until they eventually succeed. (I did them through "Windows Updates" via the Control Panel).

If you can't get the updates this way, could you please give us the 'Error Code' associated with the failure/s.
Did you install a completely new version of Windows?7, or was it an Upgrade?

Post back with the details.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-updates-failing-679871.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have Windows 7 x64 home edition, with service pack 1, on a Dell desktop. Windows updates have been failing for a long time now. The error code is 80070308. I have tried everything but can't seem to fix it. You're my last hope! Thanks!

forneli

A:windows updates are failing

In elevated command prompt run:

Code:
sfc/scannow
post results

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/362892-windows-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 61.49%

1. When updating Windows, I get "Some Updates not installed". Errors found: CODE 800B0100.
When I view update history when trying to install KB982536, I get the information - Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 SP1, Windows Vista SP2 Failed.

2. I also get on Startup - "Error loading C:\users\.......\CNMSS" Specified module could not be found.
The ribbon at base of screen states "Run DLL"

Are these two problems connected?

Any help in curing these problems would be much appreciated.

Thankyou
Denis

A:Windows Updates - failing

Hello jldewooley,
Are you trying to install these from the Windows update page ?.
Try downloading and installing the stand alone service pack from here.

Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, and Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 Update

Try this and post your results, good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/279905-windows-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 61.49%

If I run Windows Update pretty much all installs fail. If I run them manually and individually some updates will succeed. Windows 7 SP1 fails either way - typically with either a transactional conflict or a "used a name reserved for something else" error message. I've run SURT several times and have followed the posting instructions.

Adding CBS log and screen shots here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jay

Attachment 261004

Attachment 261005

Attachment 261006

Attachment 261007

Attachment 261008

A:Many but not all updates failing on Windows 64-bit

There are some rare errors in the CBS log - and no SFC results. I had to dig into the archived logs to find the following summary report...

Code:
Line 3787: 2013-03-22 16:34:39, Info CSI 0000030e [SR] Repairing 1 components
Line 3788: 2013-03-22 16:34:39, Info CSI 0000030f [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 3791: 2013-03-22 16:34:39, Info CSI 00000311 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:56{28}]"\??\C:\Windows\Help\mui\0409"\[l:22{11}]"diskmgt.CHM" from store
Line 3803: 2013-03-22 16:34:39, Info CSI 00000314 [SR] Repair complete
Both SFC and Checksur appear to have been run on 22/3, rather than today.

Some of the errors in the report make me think of a common error that is seen in MGADiag reports - so please post one.

Please follow this tutorial and post an MGADiag report - then we can see what the problem is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/234159-windows-genuine-activation-issue-posting-instructions.html

Ignore errors produced when clicking on the Copy button - they simply mean that the tool could not create the backup files for some reason. The data is still copied to the clipboard for pasting to your response.

Please also download the Farbar Service Scanner from

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/

Run it, and tick all the options, then click on the Scan button - copy and paste the report to your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/283696-many-but-not-all-updates-failing-windows-64-bit.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I'm having trouble installing updates on a fresh install of Windows Professional SP x Could you please help me fix it Step System Update Readiness Tool SURT When running the SURT it asks me if I want to install the following Windows software update Hotfix for Windows KB It successfully installs the hot-fix Step SFC Scan Quote Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt sfc scannow Beginning updates failing are Windows system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of th em Details are included in the CBS Log windir Logs CBS CBS log For example C Windows Logs CBS CBS log C Windows system gt Step Windows Update Error Codes KB Code B Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems Code C KB KB KB Code D Step Log Collection The maximum file size for ZIP files is Windows updates are failing MB but my CBS zip is MB

A:Windows updates are failing

Delete the older CBSPersist logs until the zip file is below the limit - or upload the complete file to a fileshare service (preferably DropBox or OneDrive) and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/342497-windows-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My Windows machine has started to fail almost all updates from Windows updates I currently have this list of important updates that I cannot install Windows -RT-KB -x Windows -RT-KB -x Windows -RT-KB -x Windows -RT-KB -x Windows -RT-KB -x Windows -RT-KB updates Windows failing keep -x Windows -RT-KB -x Windows -RT-KB -x Looking at the Windows Update history I can see that the oldest one is the Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems KB It was first attempted to be installed in July - and since then a bunch of updates have failed they have been attempted each day I have tried running the updates one by one downloading them and installing them directly without using the Windows Update UI and I have tried the automatically Windows Update fix kit provided by Microsoft None of this Works I have also tried to disable all non-MS services and startup items without luck and also disabled all non-required MS services on top of that - still no luck The procedure is that the update is initialised then starts installing and at some Windows updates keep failing point usually around in the progress bar it completes and says quot failed quot The error messages are useless - and does not provide any information about the real problem Oh I also tried sfc scannow - disabling Windows Windows updates keep failing Defender etc Any ideas

A:Windows updates keep failing

There are a few updates that pass - but they are mostly definition updates for Windows Defender.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34245-windows-updates-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I've been trying to download windows updates and all I get is "Downloading Updates" with 0 kb, 0% downloading forever. There is no error message. What could be blocking this? I realize there are probably a million different answers, but if you could point me in a general direction, I'd be grateful.
-=BDD=-

A:Windows updates failing

For how long there has been some times I have let the update sit for several hours to complete. Once or twice over night.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/129055-windows-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,
Helping my Dad with his laptop. He has a problem with the same 12 updates which keep failing. It takes about 8 hours to load them and then it says that they have failed and this keeps happening. I was wondering if anyone could help with this?
Thanks

A:Windows updates keep failing

He has had the following errors come up with this problem:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-updates-keep-failing-680821.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have 5 windows updates that fail every time I try to install them. They are: KB977863, KB972270, KB978251, KB976264, KB979306. It says error code: 800B0100. I've run the system update readiness tool but it still doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks

A:Windows Updates failing

If your trying to use the Windows Update that's built into the system, try going to the microsoft.com page where the update is at and installing them from there. It's worked for me in the past.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/72488-windows-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 61.49%

It's been doing the updates or whatever when the computer shuts down. Then when I go to boot up the computer it does the second part of the update, it gets to 15% then says failure to configure windows updates reverting changes, reboots and then I can log in to the computer. Every time I shuts down and boots up.

The updates that fail are,

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2705219)
Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2706045)
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2647753)
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2729094)
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2732487)
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2732500)

I can also go into the event viewer if you need to me link the details XML view.
They also all show up as system error
Event ID: 20
Task Category: Windows Update Agent

If can help me get these updates to work that will be great.

A:Same 6 windows updates keep failing.

Hi

Have you tried with system restore .
You can restore your system to the point it was working fine , and later can proceed with the updates.

regards
Pankaj

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/250881-same-6-windows-updates-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi there This is a problem on a Sony Vaio Laptop with MB Failing Windows Updates RAM Windows Updates Failing running on XP Home SP Basically I reviewed the update history on the Microsoft Windows Update site and Windows Updates Failing found that updates are constantly failing to install for some reason The first one is Microsoft NET Framework SP amp Net Framework Family Update for NET versions through KB Windows Updates Failing x This has been trying to update since the th of August without success The second one is Microsoft NET Framework SP Security Update for Windows Windows XP Windows Vista Windows Server Windows and Windows Server RC KB This has been trying to update since the th October without success On clicking the failure icon it just reports the error as Installation FailureError Code x I m assuming this is a pretty generic error code which won t help much I understand from a few Google searches that a lot of people have had this problem in one form or another but there are a variety of solutions and i m not sure which one to try as I don t want to break anything Can anybody point me in the right direction here I can provide as much information as you require I m trying to solve this because i ve been recieving a BSOD on the laptop at random times and i m wondering if this is the cause so eliminating this problem would be of great help Thanks in advance for any help

A:Windows Updates Failing

Posting the content of the error message reflected on the BSOD...would probably be more effective...than assuming that you know what one of the causes may be, IMO.If you have any doubt about what is important, take a look at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283411/virus-computer-locked-need-help-please/.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283413/windows-updates-failing/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello all,

Having some issues with my Win 7 updating. I am getting error Code 8024200D from the Windows Update manager. Thus far, I have followed Microsoft's troubleshooting steps utilizing the IfixIt client, System Readiness Tool (This just wants to install the same Hotfix over and over), Checksum and the Automatic Troubleshooter. The Automatic troubleshooter indicates there are 2 errors it can't fix. With that said, none of the other "Microsoft Approved Scanners or Suggestions" find anything.

Thoughts?

Specs: i7-5820k, Asus X99 Deluxe, Gskill Ripjaws 4 PC2400, SLI GTX 970 FTW+, Win 7 Pro 64bit

Thanks

Chris

Edit, it seems some updates will install, but some updates with net framework and updates for win 7 fail.

A:Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit Updates Failing

Please also post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/368078-windows-7-pro-64-bit-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 61.49%

So I have been unable to install any updates since July and have now racked up important updates that will download but will not install They appear to have installed but during the restart it shows that the installation failed I have looked around online for Updates Windows Failing help and found some people have had success with the HijackThis program So I did a system scan and the program told me to post the log here for someone who knows what they are looking at to help me I have tried manually installing the updates as well and that doesn t work either Any help you can provide would be amazing Thanks p s Below is the logfile that I got from the system scan in HijackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Windows Updates Failing Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Program Files Seagate SeagateManager FreeAgent Status stxmenumgr exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client concentr exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files real realplayer Update realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client wfcrun exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung New PC Studio NPSAgent exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Stickies stickies exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Cami Downloads HijackThis exe C Users Cami Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AIM Toolbar Search Class - f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - C Program Files AIM Toolbar aimtb dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F ... Read more

A:Windows Updates Failing

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/383732/windows-updates-failing/
Relevancy 61.49%

I just finished a virus removal for a co-worker and am now getting errors trying to install the updates that are available. The main one which I would like to get is IE11. I keep getting the error codes: 0x8007371B and 9C57. I have tried every tool and fix-it solution from Microsoft that I could find as well as installing the updates manually, but they always fail. Please help, thanks! My CBS folder was like 30MB zipped, so here's the link to it on my onedrive: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...3C987256%21925

A:Windows 7 x64 Updates Keep Failing

Download and install Windows Repair (All In One)
Run all the tests and reboot afterwards. Then try again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/352338-windows-7-x64-updates-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I get an error report when updates are requested saying "Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1" failed to install"

Could anyone please give me a fix for this?
Thanks,
Jack.

A:Windows XP failing to get updates

Install It Manually
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c&displaylang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-failing-to-get-updates.672035/
Relevancy 61.49%

here are the updates that keep failing
KB3071756
and
KB3060716
I hope someone has a fix for theses
thanks in advance

A:2 windows 7 updates keep failing

Hello

Have you tried to manually install the two updates (KB .... on Google)?

Otherwise you must first disable Windows Update.

Type msconfig and go into services by removing the checkmark to its entry, then you have to restart the pc.

After reboot:

Go to C/Windows/SoftwareDistribution/Download and delete the folder content.

Resume Windows Update (msconfig check back)
Restart your pc again and see if you can install updates.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/2-windows-7-updates-keep-failing.49652/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi to all,

Yet another windows update problem. There are 6 updates that will just not complete. Others have been succesful. I have ran the SURT both in February and the latest version from the MS site. This latest KB947821 version installed, it says with no problems. Last months version had problems and would not install. Ran SFC as administrator and although producing CBS.log says that it found no configuration problems. This has been bugging me for a couple of months now and these few updates just do not want to know. Attached are some sniping tool shots and the CBS.log file. Any forthcoming help much appreciated.

Attachment 310025 Failure showing 8024200D error

Attachment 310026 This shows an older shot of updates, some succesful

Attachment 310027 SFC screen grab

Attachment 310028 Latest failure shot

Attachment 310029 CBS log

A:Windows 7 only certain updates keep failing

Please run the CheckSUR tool and upload the CheckSUR.log file - there are indications of potential registry-related problems in the background CBS data.

Please download and save the CheckSUR tool from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
(you'll need to look in the details for Windows 7, downloading from the Microsoft Download Center)

Run it - The tool can take anywhere from 5 mins to a couple of hours to run (or 'Install') depending on how much it has to do, and may exit silently - it may appear to freeze for most of that time, but be patient.
The result is logged in the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log file - and an archive …\checksur.persist.log file

Then zip the CheckSUR.log and upload it to your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/324992-windows-7-only-certain-updates-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have been trying to install Windows updates on one of our computers However everytime I try to install them the updates fail There Windows failing Updates are updates I have Windows Updates failing tried the following so far Installed every Microsoft Windows Updates Fix-its I could find including re-installing the update agent Created a new administrator account to run the updates from that account From a cmd prompt net stop wuauserv lt enter gt rename c windows SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution old lt enter gt net start wuauserv lt enter gt exit lt enter gt Install updates individually I did not try all individually but every one I did try failed None of the above has worked The updates download with no problem it is when they attempt to install that the difficulties happen I receive various error codes E E FB E E C I have searched these codes online but have not found any solutions that have worked I am hoping someone can help because I have already spent way too much time on this one computer it is one of computers in a lab room the others all work fine and all have the exact same configuration and software installed nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

I have installed Windows 8 Pro (purchased last year- legal) on my laptop/notebook and tried to update. There were 145 updates, it took me hours yesterday to update. My laptop was running W7 Home Edition before. Everything seemed to go well with the actual W8 but to update to W8.1 I have to install the 145 updates first, but get a message stating 'Failure configuring updates. Reverting changes'. I have tried again today but the same thing happens.

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC 64bit
4g Hard Drive.

I have read a post regarding the Windows update Troubleshooting. As soon as my computer finishes reversing the updates I will try it out.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

A:Installed Windows 8 Pro and updates failing

Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help

you can download and install windows 8.1 pro software and still use your windows 8 pro product key

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64533-installed-windows-8-pro-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, i've trying to update my vista home premium for the past 3 - 4 days and they have all been failing.. Can u guys help me out.
I downloaded the files... even then, they still fail. it is irritating and exhausting.
the updates that have been failing are
Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows Vista (KB953839)
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista (KB953838)
Update for Windows Vista (KB951618)
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB950974)
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB953733)
Update for Windows Vista (KB951072)
Update for Windows Vista (KB952287)

A:Windows Updates failing last 3 -4 days

Read through this and see if there is anything that you should be trying to solve your problem.

How to troubleshoot common Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server Update Services installation issues

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/174014-windows-updates-failing-last-3-4-days.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm trying to get SP1 because I know it has a bunch of bug fixes and stability improvements for Windows 7, but it along with several updates keep continuously failing.

I've had this problem for a while now, and sometimes it seems like they install fine, but after a restart they usually come back saying they need to be downloaded again. The only updates that have seemed to have completed successfully are the monthly Windows Malicious Software Removal Tools and the Definition Updates for MSE.

Any help on trying to get all my updates, including SP1, to install successfully will be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Windows 7 Updates keep failing including SP1

* Clean up all Temp files...
Start > Run > % temp% > ok > organise > select all > organise > delete > some you may have to "skip"

* Run sfc scannow.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

*Now reset Windows updates.
How do I reset Windows Update components?

* Please run the update readiness tool and then update to SP-1
Ensure you install the correct 64 or 32 bit option for your system)
Download the System Update Readiness Tool (64bit)
Download the System Update Readiness Tool (32bit)

Now try again to update to SP-1

Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/216609-windows-7-updates-keep-failing-including-sp1.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi folks I need help trying to figure out why the Windows updates are all failing The updates install Windows failing to are problem started around mid October last Fall The updates are set for automatic I have also tried doing manual updates and no luck On shut down each night the computer Windows updates are failing to install downloads the updates successfully then the computer prepares to shut down and it says quot configuring updates quot and shows a percentage of completion Every single time it gets to then says quot installation failed - reverting changes quot It then shuts down and reboots and everything seems ok until the next time I shut down the computer and it tries to install more updates Rinse lather repeat They were working fine until last October Since then the odd one shows quot successful quot but quot fail quot Hopefully someone can help me figure this out Thanks The computer is approx months old - Gateway DX - Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz GB RAM TB HD -bit OS - Windows Professional - Service Pack - WiFi internet connection - Firefox browser - Viper Anti-virus - Windows Defender is turned ON - Windows Firewall is ON

A:Windows updates are failing to install

Dear photogirl,
Here is an excellent and comprehensive article by Microsoft on trouble shooting your exact problem. Ten problems are listed and ten solutions are suggested. Unable to install updates in Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2

First off (if you have not done so already) download and run the System Update Readiness Tool. Download : Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2
That itself may set right the prob. at times.

Proceed to the next step if the prob. is unsolved, as suggested in the first link.

Best wishes,
sree

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/219770-windows-updates-failing-install.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I've just started receiving a problem with not being able to install Windows updates. They seem to download ok, but I'm getting failing errors upon trying to install them.

The error codes I'm receiving are Code 800B0100, and Code 8024200D.

I've run scan now under the command prompt and did not receive any integrity issues.

I'm trying to attach the CBS.zip file to this thread, but all I end up with is a 404 server error, so I'm not sure what that's all about. At any rate, I'll keep trying to upload the file for someone more knowledgeable than me to take a look at, and hopefully, please help me out.

A:Windows Updates Failing/Not Installing

Ok, I realized that the CBS.zip file was too large to attach. I've deleted out some of the .cab files to get under the limit. Hopefully, this helps now. Attachment 337398

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/349433-windows-updates-failing-not-installing.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I just built my new PC a few days ago, and installed Windows 7 a couple days ago through an ISO I had. Installation went great, however upon searching for updates, 182 of the 188 available updates have failed numerous times after trying to install them. Just before posting I tried to install them again and it came up with this:

I also took a screen shot of the update history in case you need to know which updates were actually successful.

Not sure how I'm supposed to upload the CBS file because even after compressing it, it is still 100MB and the max you can upload is 8. Any tips?

A:New PC with fresh Windows 7 failing nearly all updates.

Upload the data to a fileshare site (preferably OneDrive or DropBox) and post a link back here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/376331-new-pc-fresh-windows-7-failing-nearly-all-updates.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all,

Windows (XP) keeps telling me to install security updates, but each time I hit OK, it initialized the installation and then all four updates fail to install!

Here's what the final failure window says:
The following updates were not installed:
Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 (KB950213)
Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB950380)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2003 (KB950241)

I've tried five or six times already and it keeps failing. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jonathan

A:Windows XP updates won't install/keep failing

this should fix your issue, click here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-updates-wont-install-keep-failing.717658/
Relevancy 61.06%

We have a Toshiba laptop that is set to automatically download and configure Windows Updates/Configurations 7 failing keep Windows updates Being a busy mom I d noticed some issues with the updates in the last few months it would go to a safe mode black screen after updates and then would start up fine once I shut down but I never had time to really look into the issues Today after realizing Windows 7 Updates/Configurations keep failing that the updates were actually failing I researched a little and noticed that since May most updates have failed Not all but quite a bit The computer won t let me run the Microsoft troubleshoot FixIt program online saying that it contained a virus and was deleted When I view the Windows Updates the error code it gives me after failing to update is I searched this forum and saw the April update issue but couldn t find an update in my history that matched that code What should I do I m not tech savvy can you tell Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-updates-configurations-keep-failing.1114252/
Relevancy 61.06%

I ve read in other threads that people are having the same problem as me and I tried to Downloading Failing Updates Windows do what was recommended to my computer but it hasn t worked I have Windows Vista and have seen my computer is running a little Downloading Windows Updates Failing slower than usual and I think it s Malware but I was also trying to install Windows updates but it had been failing I tried running these lines regsvr exe c windows system wuweb dll regsvr exe c windows system wups dll regsvr exe c windows system wups dll regsvr Downloading Windows Updates Failing exe c windows system wucltui dll regsvr exe c windows system wuaueng dll regsvr exe c windows system wuaueng dll regsvr exe c windows system wuapi dll when I ran the first line I got a warning box starting out by saying the module quot regsvr exe c windows system wuweb dll quot failed to load etc It use to update perfectly fine but they have all failed recently Please help thank you nbsp

A:Downloading Windows Updates Failing

Welcome to TSG--

You should probably click the Report link in the lower right corner of you post and kindly ask a moderator to move this thread to the Vista forum---this forum is for Windows XP issues...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading-windows-updates-failing.884039/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I just joined to ask you guys for help over the many years I have had windows problems I normally end up here and almost Windows install to failing Updates always find the solution to my problem so when I found a problem I could find a solution this was my first choice to see if I can get help fixing my problem I have a machine I have setup to just play games so I don't have many programs Windows Updates failing to install installed but I've found in the last - weeks NO updates are installing I was playing games the other night and my system did a auto-reboot in the middle it shut my computer down the other night and it took over hours to install fail to configure revert and restart and this is not the first time I ran the Update fix several times and even ran the permissions fix but nothing seems to help I've even had to turn off auto-install updates as when my computer restarted automatically it became unusable for hours I followed all the Posts from the Windows Update Posting Instructions post The update wouldn't install No error code given I ran a scan it found corrupted files but can't repair them Most Updates are error's as F a few C the Windows itself gives a different error this time they are and C As Above ran scan log's attached Hopefully that's what I did here XD

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/390877-windows-updates-failing-install.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 updates failing not sure what to do have not come across anything originally saw silverlight fail and recently microsoft security client which has resulted in it not running in system tray at times unless manually restarted. Any help appreciated.

A:Multiple Windows Updates Failing

Hello GroundedDreams and welcome to the forums

Can you follow these instructions to generate a MGADiag log for us please:

Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/235080-multiple-windows-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Pre-built 64-bit, windows 7 Professional O.S.
Intel Core 2 quad CPU, Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz 2.39 GHz
4 GB Ram

22 windows 7 updates keep failing to install, have tried multiple times, have tried downloading each update manually and using the manual installation way. It appeared to be a .NET issue at one point in my research, so I uninstalled the updates and re-installed but still the same 2 .NET 3.5.1 updates will not update. As well 6 regular windows updates, 13 Security updates and 1 security update for IE 11.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/22-windows-7-updates-keep-failing-to-install-1050066.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Got notice of impending updates, so I select all of them for installation -- and they failed.

Updates:
- KB3008923
- KB3013769
- KB2989930
- KB3008925
- KB3013816
- KB3004394
- KB3012199
- KB2994290
- KB3013410

Error codes were mixture of 800F0920 and 80071A91.

When I checked more info on each of these, I got an error message that MS had no details for either.

I've run these three times, and it's failed the same all three times.

I rebooted for the last time, went to Windows Update and NOW it says there are no new updates.

Anyone else experiencing these problems?

A:Tuesday Windows Updates failing

Everything o.k. prior to this with updates, add anything new recently ? Any restore points ?
Run a SFC
Did you try this ? Troubleshoot problems with installing updates - Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58327-tuesday-windows-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I keep trying to install these updates:

Update for InfoPath 2003 (KB920103)
Security Update for Publisher 2003 (KB894542)
Security Update for PowerPoint 2003 (KB923091)
Security Update for Office 2003 (KB924424)
Security Update for Excel 2003 (KB923088)
Security Update for Office 2003 (KB923272)
Security Update for Word 2003 (KB923094)
Update for Office 2003 (KB923097)
Update for Office 2003 (KB919029)
Update for Outlook Junk Email Filter 2003 (KB921587)

Everytime they seem to fail.

Any Advice?

A:Ten Windows Updates Failing Instalation

I know this will sound a bit rude but do you have a genuine (legit - not copy) MS Office installation?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ten-windows-updates-failing-instalation-129325.html
Relevancy 61.06%

One of my co-workers is having issues with windows updates on his computer. Since I was able to get help here earlier in the week for an issue I had I figured I would post on his behalf.

It has been going on for a couple of months. All of his windows automatic updates fail. Each giving a different error code (I can get them all if needed). I've attempted to read through some Microsoft forums and attempted all of the "fixes" I could find to no avail.

I've run the readiness tool and SFC and attached the logs to this post.

Thanks for any help.

A:All windows automatic updates are failing.

The errors from the CheckSUR....

Code:
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2618444~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2618444_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2618444~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2618444~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2618444_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2618444~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
I'll post a fix protocol a bit later.
(SFC log is clear)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/294380-all-windows-automatic-updates-failing.html