Windows Support Forum

Fmuph2 HDD Cable Issue (Toshiba Portege R500)

Q: Fmuph2 HDD Cable Issue (Toshiba Portege R500)

So I have a Toshiba Portege r500 with no H/d & a second one for parts. When I went to take the H/D and pop it in I realized the H/D hook-up cables are different. The "parts laptop" has a "FMUSH1" cable connecting it to the sata drive. The newer Portege has a cable labeled " FMUPH2" (I'm assuming for an SSD?)

My Question is....Can easily swap them somehow or is there an adapter/converter possibly?

Thanks in advance for any possible help!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Fmuph2 HDD Cable Issue (Toshiba Portege R500)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Fmuph2 HDD Cable Issue (Toshiba Portege R500)

So with more research I'm thinking I have a ZIF Tape (Cable) that previously connected to a 1.8 SSD which I now need to convert to a 2.5 sata connection.
I ordered a 24-Pin ZIF to SATA Adapter Connector Card off eBay. It comes with its own "ribbon" (Tape/cable whatever) as shown in the pic. Will I need to replace the ZIF from my mobo with it? or is it simply in case "you" need it?
Also just wondering could I have swapped out the sata ribbon (Fmush1) with the ZIF ribbon (Fmuph2) where they connect to the MoBo instead? (It's extremely difficult to get to on this model and the "clips" seem very fragile so I avoided attempting it)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fmuph2-hdd-cable-issue-toshiba-portege-r500.207530/
Relevancy 102.34%

Hi

I have a Portege R500 with Windows XP.
I have now installed a Windows 7 version without activation to see if all drivers work (Windows 8 is not supported as far as I know).

All looks good and Windows is telling me now as expected it is not genuine and offers me to buy the license, but when I go to MS it fails (it seems MS does not sell Windows 7 anymore).

Does Toshiba sell OEM licenses for Windows 7 for a R500 ?

It would be a shame to throw it away because of that.

Thank you
Markus

A:Portege R500 - Does Toshiba sell OEM licenses for Windows 7

Toshiba offers notebooks with preinstalled recovery image and offered version is activated. With other words when you buy notebook you buy also valid licence for preinstalled OS version.

Toshiba supports newer operating systems too. As you can see on Toshiba download page you can find drivers, tools and utilities for Win7 64bit and use them after Win7 installation.

Unfortunately Toshiba doesn't offer licence for it. All you must do it to obtain Win7 64bit with valid licence.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?75772-Portege-R500-Does-Toshiba-sell-OEM-licenses-for-Windows-7
Relevancy 79.98%

Unfortunately I've just dropped on the carpet.
Both the DVD drive and the SD drive have now disappeared.
There are no optical drives listed in Device Manager.

I recently installed a replacement optical drive, because it had stopped working a while back.
The SD card reader has not worked properly for a long time, but still was listed.

The new DVD drive was working fine until the bump.

What I find puzzling is that the SD drive has disappeared as well.

I've taken the thing apart and checked the cables are still connected (the DVD drive to the SD board, and the SD board to the motherboard).
All drivers are bang up-to-date.
Windows 7 is up-to-date.

Any thoughts?

A:Portege R500 - DVD and SD have disappeared

In my opinion it must be hardware malfunction. Device can be connected but if the controller is defective the device will not be recognized properly.

You can install original recovery image and test functionality with ?factory settings?. If the problem persists, I think, there is nothing you can do about that. New manboard is solution for you.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?68391-Portege-R500-DVD-and-SD-have-disappeared
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello,

I have a PORTEGE R500 bought in 2007, SERIAL NO.48025469H.

I have obvious problems with VISTA and with WINDOWS 7. Both are not working well because it seems to have insufficient memory. I’m wondering if I can increase the memory and replace the disk with an SSD. I want to keep this notebook because it is perfect for all my needs.

Thanks

Message was edited: posting has been translated

A:Portege R500 - RAM and SSD upgrade

Hi

According notebook specification your notebook can handle with ?GB RAM but was delivered with 2GB so memory upgrade is not possible.
http://www.toshiba.it/discontinued-p...tege-r500-11z/

What to say about SSD? SSD upgrade is possible and you can use 256GB SSD for upgrade. After doing this system will be much faster and you will get definitely more performance and ?speed?.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?82271-Portege-R500-RAM-and-SSD-upgrade
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello Every Body.
I have just registered on the forum and I would like to request help from the forum members.
The help that I would like to request is about adding RAM Memory to my Notebook A Toshiba Portege R500.
The main reason for this request is because today I went to a computer shop and one of the technicians attempted to install 4GB RAM memory into my Notebook but it could not be done, when the new Memory was installed my notebook would not start.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92331-Portege-R500-RAM-upgrade
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,

Is it possible to install Windows 8 on a Portege R500 ? I tried and failed. I think the reason is that Windows 8 uses a GPT disk and not MBR.

Is there a BIOS update to deal with GPT disks ?

Thank you
Markus

A:Installing Windows 8 on Portege R500

As far as I know this old Portege is not supported for Win8 and Toshiba doesn't offer any Win8 driver, tool or utility, especially not some BIOS version designed to help with Win8 installation.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?75091-Installing-Windows-8-on-Portege-R500
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi!
I found my old laptop, but can't boot it - forgot BIOS password. CMOS battery disconnection didn't helped.
Local support asked me go to offline service, but they want too much money for unlocking - this laptop is now cheaper himself.
USA support asked me write here
May be somebody can help to generate unlock response code?
Model is Portege R500 PPR50E-06W012RU

A:Portege R500 BIOS password

BIOS protection is very important feature for protection so it cannot be discussed in public forum.
If someone writes here how you can remove BIOS password every stolen Portege R500 can be unlocked.

I know it costs a bit but this should be done by Authorized service provider.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84402-Portege-R500-BIOS-password
Relevancy 79.12%

Can I upgrade proceror and RAM in my R500?
Is possible?? If yes, how procesor can i used?

Robert

A:Portege R500 - Upgrade procesor and RAM

hi RoboS,
first of all the modell number is needed to check which hardware is in the machine.

to upgrade ram: easy - there should be a door marked with a ram-symbol on the bottom of the machine. open up and insert more memory
make sure that the system is powerless: remove ac-adapter and battery!
make also sure that the new ram modules meets the specifications.

upgrade the cpu: much more difficult and toshiba dont support this upgrade...
search for your modeltype with a bigger cpu and check if it has a socket (should be), this cpu should go together with your machine...

but remember: double the ram isnt that expensive than upgrade cpu and you have more fun with a bigger amount auf ram than a bit faster cpu....

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?53420-Portege-R500-Upgrade-procesor-and-RAM
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,

I got a used Protege R500 and installed Windows7 Professional. But I don't have sound. If I open music, I see the green bar on the volume control in the tray rising and falling. So it plays sound but it doesn't get it out of the speakers or the headphone.

Plugging in the headphone is also well recognized by Win7. It also records sound. I tested in Skype, others can hear me, but I can't hear them. In the device manager the audio is listed with "Realtech High Definition Audio (With EC)". There is only one device in Device Manager which is not recognized (Unknown Device).

Can you help me please? I want also to use my new laptop to listen to music..

BR,
fuddy

A:Portege R500 - Windows 7 - No Sound

Are you 100% sure the sound is not muted? Check this using FN+ESC key combination.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?59654-Portege-R500-Windows-7-No-Sound
Relevancy 79.12%

The sound volume on my R R - c to be exact is ridiculously low Only with volume maxed out and using headphones do I hear anything at all and even then it's way on volume R500 Very Portege sound low too low to be useful I can just make out the test sounds in the left and then right earphone when using the test sound found at Control Panel - gt Sound - gt Speakers there are no Headphones to be selected - gt Properties - gt Advanced - gt Test Unplugging the headphones I hear nothing from the speakers due to the very low sounds made by the fan and HDD Playing Very low sound volume on Portege R500 music with headphones I can just make out that sounds are being produced but I can't even make out what is playing I've tested the things mentioned in the quot Satellite -S Sound is very low even on max volume using supplied Toshiba driver quot thread with no Very low sound volume on Portege R500 success including Loudness Equalization I'm running Vista Business bit and have tried the driver audio realtek B exe driver audio realtek TC B exe and Vista Win R x exe driver files and also used the util mute off B exe utility Enabling mute makes the already faint sounds go completely silent so I don't think it's a mute issue Jack detection does work I can see that in the Realtek HD Audio Manager program Using that program's sound test Speaker Configuration I have to go to a completely silent room and even then I only hear something in the right earphone I think it's so darn low I could be imagining I hear it Decreasing the sound volume slider from does make the almost inaudible sound even harder to even notice and at around it is no longer audible even in a quiet room with headphones So it seems that I somehow need to reset the audio chip to quot normal quot level Or it is broken Very low sound volume on Portege R500 and can't output anything more audible Does anyone have any ideas what I can try next I can boot to XP or Linux if anyone has any ideas on how to get sound there just to get started They're silent as well I haven't done as extensive testing under those as under Vista

A:Very low sound volume on Portege R500

Hi

According to your message, you have already tried to increase the volume using all possible options?
Did you try to increase the volume in control panel -> Realtek HD audio manager??
Check this?

You have also tried to update the Realtek sound driver?.
Did you use the one from the Realtek page directly?
Check this!

If this will not help, you could test the notebook with new recovered system?

But if this will not improve the volume, then this could be a hardware problem?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?51937-Very-low-sound-volume-on-Portege-R500
Relevancy 78.26%

Recently I acquired a vintage Toshiba R - Z ultraportable laptop It needed a new keyboard since most of the keys were dead so I purchased a new replacement exact same keyboard from an eBay seller I also decided to give it a new lease of life by installing a solid-state drive The old keyboard was secured to the chassis with some sort of sticky back plastic which wasn't reusable so for the new keyboard I used some strong double sided tape Before screwing the plastic undercarriage back on I installed Windows with the undercarriage loosely fitted in place Windows install after hardware upgrade Portege will ODD R500- read not completed and all looked good After screwing in the undercarriage I discovered that the optical drive its original quot open-top quot Mat a DVD-RAM UJ- S would not read discs it just makes a noise times but does not then spin up as it would normally Drive is visible in both Explorer and Device Manager After unscrewing the undercarriage reseating the optical drive and rescrewing a number of times I haven't been able to get the optical drive to read any discs Portege R500- after hardware upgrade ODD will not read What I have established is that the disc must be catching on the ceiling thus signalling the drive to not spin up by leaving the screws off that side of the undercarriage allowed me to create a gap so there is more room between the optical drive and the ceiling of the laptop Discs Portege R500- after hardware upgrade ODD will not read will then spin up and Windows autoplay will open them What I can't work out is what has changed in terms of how the drive is mounted and its position relative to the ceiling above it Or whether the drive is now trying to spin up at an angle There are two locking screws that hold the optical drive in place so the drive should be located in the same place its always been I just wondered whether anyone had encountered this problem before and whether there is an easy fix I feel I've hit a brick wall on this one Thanks in advance

A:Portege R500- after hardware upgrade ODD will not read

Just to say after a lot of head scratching I worked out the problem. I'd made a mistake in reattaching the metal mounting clip to the back of the optical drive.

I'd screwed the clip on on the outside of the orange coloured connector when it needed to be on the inside (between the optical drive and the orange connector). It seems this must have pushed the drive out of place just enough to stop it from working properly.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?74834-Portege-R500-after-hardware-upgrade-ODD-will-not-read
Relevancy 78.26%

I have bought a new hard drive SSD for my R - Z and I have put R500-11Z: a to Recovery Disk prepare Portege new HDD Using it in an enclosure with USB cable prior to installation - I want to be able to format the drive and create a clean copy of Windows XP before taking out my existing hard drive I have been looking for ways to use the recovery disk and it LOOKS like it should be possible EXCEPT I have worked out that on the recovery disk there is a executable called recoUNPACK in the Tools folder which should in theory restore the contents of the disk to the hard drive However because the new hard drive is plugged into my existing XP set up it gets a Portege R500-11Z: Using Recovery Disk to prepare a new HDD folder called System Volume Information written to it The presence of this folder causes the recoUNPACK to fail It gets to each time and then throws the error - System Volume Information already exists Anyone suggesting deletion of the folder should consider their knowledge Portege R500-11Z: Using Recovery Disk to prepare a new HDD of XP - there is no way to do this ask Mr Google if Portege R500-11Z: Using Recovery Disk to prepare a new HDD you don't believe me I have also tried this with full write permissions of this folder so that in theory recoUNPACK could overwrite I would be very grateful if anyone knows a way of 'forcing' overwrite of the System Volume Inofrmation folder or another way of 'restoring' the recovery disk to my new hard drive other than taking the laptop apart and physically replacing the drive I have looked at various options for setting up a bootable USB disk but as I'm going to fit it within my laptop I don't want to run any odd versions of XP - hence using the recovery disk that came with my R All the bootable USB programmes that I can find only allow fat format and I'd like to stick to NTFS And the reason I want to do it this way is that I want to continue using my existing hard disk until the new one is ready - its supposed to be an efficient way of working but so far the time wasted trying to restore the disks might have been better spent undoing the screws on the back of the machine Thanks in advance

A:Portege R500-11Z: Using Recovery Disk to prepare a new HDD

> However, because the new hard drive is plugged into my existing XP set up it gets a folder called System Volume Information written to it. The presence of this folder causes the recoUNPACK to fail. It gets to 59% each time and then throws the error - System Volume Information already exists

Hmm? did you use the right path and right partition/volume letter?

As far as I know the command should show something like that:

+recounpack.exe d:\imagename.tpa z: /f+

(z: is the letter of your external USB disk and can be different in your case)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?72150-Portege-R500-11Z-Using-Recovery-Disk-to-prepare-a-new-HDD
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello.
I've updated my OS to Windows 7 but something is wrong on installing the chipset utilities, so usb connectors, as well as fingerprint system, don't work properly.
I've downloaded Intel drivers too, but the error persists.

Could you please help me?

Thank you very much.

A:Cannot install chipset utilities on Portege R500-11Z

Wait a moment.

You said you have problems with USB connectors.
Do you mean USB ports?
What?s wrong exactly?

The same question is related to fingerprint system.
What wrong with fingerprint sensor?

The Toshiba driver page provides the Intel Chipset Utility v9.1.1.1015
This driver/software is compatible with Mobile Intel 945GMS express chipset.

Also the driver from Intel page could be installed:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=18232

The Zip package contains single files which and this helps you to install the driver via device manager

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?79510-Cannot-install-chipset-utilities-on-Portege-R500-11Z
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,

I have now installed Windows 7 on my R500 to prepare for Windows XP's end of life.
I experienced that now with Windows 7 the sound does not really work.

The build-in loudspeaker does not work and an externally connected speaker with amplifier can just get some sound in max amplification. I googled and saw many people having similar issues.

Does anybody know if Toshiba has a fix for this ?

Do other people with Portege laptops have the same issue ?

Thank you
Markus

A:Portege R500 - Low sound volume with Win 7 and Realtek driver

As far as I know the Portege R500 supports the Realtek ALC262
I've googled and found people having problems with low sound volume on other laptops from other manufacturers using the ALC262 chip

But I found the solutions :)
Download the small ?Sound Utility to Turn Mute Off After Upgrading to Vista?
[Sound Utility to Turn Mute Off |http://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=1671893&pf=true] and unzip it using WinRAR or WinZip
You will find a small file called 'MuteOff'. Run this file as administrator and check if your sound would work.

Note: All drivers should be installed as well as the Realtek sound driver.

Feedback would be appreciated

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?75169-Portege-R500-Low-sound-volume-with-Win-7-and-Realtek-driver
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi

Problem I Have Happened Suddenly ,laptop workins perfect all the time ,but since yesterday when i plug in the ac adapter laptop will work for 10 seconds powerd off then and then will not turn on - only orange power cord icon blinks.
I Checked the ac adapter with my girlfriend protege r500 - she has exactly same model and its working perfect on the AC .... ,when i use her battery my laptop working again fine - any ideas

A:Portege R500 works on battery but after connecting to AC adapter is OFF

Can you start your Portege with AC power supply only (battery removed)?
If yes do it and when Windows is fully loaded put battery in place again.

What happen when you do this?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71289-Portege-R500-works-on-battery-but-after-connecting-to-AC-adapter-is-OFF
Relevancy 76.54%

http www toshibadirect com td b c cmod to coid - SSD HDD? drive Will normal accept Portege R500 2.5" w/ a laptop The detailed spec pdf for the models that come with a Will Portege R500 laptop w/ SSD drive accept a normal 2.5" HDD? normal hdd say mm height which is quot correct Also I read in a review that these use quot hdd so I assume this is correct but I want to be sure What I want to know is will the R -S V that comes Will Portege R500 laptop w/ SSD drive accept a normal 2.5" HDD? with an SSD drive accept a normal quot hard drive also The detailed spec pdf for this model says the SSD is mm height But since they are all R laptops wouldn t a normal quot hdd fit as well If so could it possibly require modification or should I be able to just remove the SSD and install a quot drive What I don t get is why all of the SSD s I find at Newegg or elsewhere are the same dimensions as other quot hdd s mm height but the one that comes in the R -S V says mm height Is this an error If it really is mm would it even be useful in another application I called Toshiba and tried to ask them but all the information he had was what is on the website He didn t know what an SSD was anyway So it would be good if someone here could help me with this Thanks nbsp

A:Will Portege R500 laptop w/ SSD drive accept a normal 2.5" HDD?

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/12/10/toshiba_roadmaps_ssds/
http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20071212/144128/
http://www.slashgear.com/toshiba-12...first-step-in-lowering-ssd-prices-2410871.php

I found a couple of articles about the drives, so it explains a little. But I would still like to know if a standard 2.5" drive will fit in this laptop since some R500's come with them, and also if the 3mm SSD can be used in other laptops with standard 2.5" SATA bays.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-portege-r500-laptop-w-ssd-drive-accept-a-normal-2-5-hdd.723326/
Relevancy 76.54%

I have laptop portege R500, product number: PPR50E-04X04WCE.

last year I've changed the OS and installed windows 7.
Since then I can't use the dvd reader or the sd card reader.
And at the control panel it apears two unknown devices, but I can?t find the controllers for thoses.

What can I do to solve this problem?

A:Portege R500: SD card reader and ODD do not work - drivers needed

there's an error in the title, is not ODD its DVD reader

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73993-Portege-R500-SD-card-reader-and-ODD-do-not-work-drivers-needed
Relevancy 76.54%

I have a Porterge R with Windows Vista amber at indicator run battery Portege does power flashing R500 - not from my work I was going on a trip so I got myself an extra battery Before taking the Portege R500 does not run at battery power - indicator flashing amber airplane everything worked fine Both batteries worked and they were fully charged After I entered the airplane out of the blue the laptop didn't not start with neither of the two batteries original both of them When I landed I connected it to the ac plug in and it started It says the battery is charging and respectively but none of them seem to work because if I remove the plug in the laptop shuts down When it is connected the battery light does a sort of blinking every now and then but I don't understand what is the problem at all because the computer is working I have two batteries going sort of dead at the same moment and even when they are charged according to the computer they don't deliver the power Any hints

A:Portege R500 does not run at battery power - indicator flashing amber

> After I entered the airplane, out of the blue, the laptop didn't not start with neither of the two batteries (original both of them).

Very strange that both batteries don?t work after you entered the airplane.
To be honest I?m not the expert on this area but maybe the radiation while checking the bags and personal items could affect the batteries.

However, fact is that notebook does not work using the batteries. I would recommend you to purchase another battery.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?72694-Portege-R500-does-not-run-at-battery-power-indicator-flashing-amber
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I am trying to install Windows ultimate on my Toshiba Portege M and having issues It is currently running Windows XP tablet Raid Portege M400 issue Toshiba driver edition I start the installation and I first Go online to get the latest updates for installation I click custom installation not upgrade It ask me where I want to install windows and Toshiba Portege M400 Raid driver issue my Disk drive DISK PARTITION TABLET-OS C shows up I try to click on it and can t click next There is a message at the bottom that I click on that Toshiba Portege M400 Raid driver issue states quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk Windows needs the driver for device Toshiba RAID Click load driver and load the required device driver I click Toshiba Portege M400 Raid driver issue load driver and browse to driver that I have downloaded drivers I have downloaded util hdd protection util raid virtual device driver raid TC B EXE I get the message quot no device driver were found Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and the click ok I can t get passed this point I have downloaded every driver on Toshiba s website that has to do with HDD or raid drivers It looks like all the device drivers that I am downloading are exe files and not the actually driver I have called Toshiba and the are useless Please help THANKS BOBBY nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

Hello
I have a toshiba portege z930 pt234e With Windows 7 Professional
I connected the external optical drive and was running fine
But when I installed the Toshiba Recovery Media Creator, the external optical drive disappeared
When I open the Toshiba Recovery Media Creator, Shows, No HDD Recovery Area!
I want to make a Recovery disk of the system

A:Portege Z930 - Toshiba Recovery Media Creator issue

Hi

The Recovery Media Creator is an Toshiba tool which requires the Toshiba image files in order to create the recovery disk. The image files are placed on a different partition called HDD recovery partition.

If the HDD has been modified or this partition deleted, the recovery media creator will not be able to find the image files and you will not be able to create such disk.

So my question is: did you reinstall the Win 7 at your own hand? Did you modify the HDD in the past?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83167-Portege-Z930-Toshiba-Recovery-Media-Creator-issue
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello,

I've upgraded to Windows 8 through the Windows' website, as I didn't know about the Toshiba's upgrade tool.

I've run the ToshibaUpgradeAssistant.exe, downloaded on the dedicated page for my laptop, but I'm stuck to the ?PA number? form. I've got a Portege R830-10U, Part No PT320E-XXXXXXXXXX. But when asked for this very PA number, the software doesn't recognize the ?PT320E? (first 6 characters).

What do I do wrong? Does this software work with my laptop?

Thanks for your help,
Yvan.

A:Portege R830-10U, Windows 8 updated, Toshiba Upgrade Assistant issue on PA

Hi

It looks like the R830 PT320E series is not ready for TUA at this time.
I found this Toshiba Upgrade Assistant for Windows 8 - Release Schedule and Supported Models info
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB2A03EU0000R04.htm

+The TUA for R830 PT320E will be available in Step 2 - Toshiba Upgrade Assistant Release: Drivers are supported from approximately end of November 2012+

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?69308-Portege-R830-10U-Windows-8-updated-Toshiba-Upgrade-Assistant-issue-on-PA
Relevancy 69.66%

I have just acquired a R500.
When typing, the cursor often skips back a line or back several spaces.
It is an involuntary yip, and I do not think it is a human keyboard error.

How can I stop this? Any advice?

Regards, Ron

A:Portege R500 - cursor often skips back a line or back several spaces

Hi

Disable the touchpad while typing. You can do that by pressing the Fn + F9 key combination.
I had the same problem and it was caused by touching the touchpad surface while typing?.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?69351-Portege-R500-cursor-often-skips-back-a-line-or-back-several-spaces
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all i got a lapptop for pennies off ebay but want some advice its a .......
TOSHIBA PORTEGE 3480CT PENTIUM 3 600MHz 64MB RAM

has no hard drive can anyone tell me what hd will fit ok ?

Relevancy 58.91%

I have installed Windows XP on my Toshiba so I can use my WIFI Router. XP installed OK, but does not see the CDROM which plugs into the PC card slot. This meets I can not install anything on CDROM's.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

A:XP on Toshiba Portege 3110CT

Have you downloaded and installed all the motherb oard drivers ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-on-toshiba-portege-3110ct.439857/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have been given a working Toshiba Portege 3020CT Toshiba Portege CT MB RAM GB HDD Windows SE CPU - Currently Unknown I can t connect it to the net till I go to work next week Actually I can t do anything till I take it into work next week Toshiba Portege 3020CT but my project is to put Windows onto it and hopefully upgrade the HDD - Short of puling the machine apart sooner than I have to would anyone happen to know if I can throw in a quot Gig HDD Does anyone know the physical size of the drive - How can I find out the CPU speed I usually use SIW but USB and internet are out of the question at the moment In Control Panel gt System it only shows IntelGenuine r processor - Any recommendations on how I can install The system is waaaay to old to Toshiba Portege 3020CT support USB booting the only relevant drive this machine has is an external floppy I might be able to get my hands on a PCMCIA network card but somehow I doubt this machine supports network booting Apparently this model has run before http www csd toshiba com cgi-bin amily amp selModel PAP U Any hints tips advice or tales Toshiba Portege 3020CT of past experience would be appreciated Thank you Blair nbsp

A:Toshiba Portege 3020CT

Current course of action:

One open surgery on my new laptop reveals a 2.5" drive...This drive (working Windows98SE including drivers) will be stored elsewhere in case the win2000 idea goes horribly pear shaped

I'm going to grab my last spare 40Gig HDD, Format 10Gb for Coredrive and the remaining 30Gig Ill xfer the installation data for Windows2000 and any files I will need including drivers for my wireless card so I can hopefully use it on the net.

I'm still unsure of the CPU but apparently these machines are generally 300Mhz

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-portege-3020ct.124009/
Relevancy 58.91%

First off sorry if I m posting in the wrong forum mod please move as needed Thanks in advance It all started when this new-to-me machine which was dropped several weeks ago to seemingly no ill effect on anything but the case froze as it seemed to be going into slleep mode Or maybe hibernation In any case the Teletubbies-green hills were the only thing on the screen when I decided to power the machine off as it had been sitting that way for several minutes something it had never done A few seconds later after depressing the power button it was off Maybe twenty minutes later I turned the laptop back on again But this time no Windows XP Pro SP startup screen just Something thx Help Else? HDD - Portege Toshiba R100 Gone? the following error after and while hearing the hard drive repeatedly do a short seek Invalid Boot ini Booting from C windows Or Toshiba Portege R100 - HDD Gone? Something Else? Help thx something very similar At any rate the machine would restart after a few minutes of showing this and repeat the process BIOS boot screen black screen error screen So I have a few questions Do I have a bad quot GB hard disk on my hands If so where to get a new one An iPod Maybe a classic s gig would work Or maybe I could run GRC s SpinRite on the drive How would I access the drive to either fix the boot ini scan it with SpinRite or other software reinstall Windows etc I didn t get an optical or other drive with this eBay purchase and I didn t see anything in the BIOS for USB booting does that mean on this Toshiba Portege R ultralight that I need to get a quot to USB drive adapter or something even more exotic If I do need to reinstall Windows is there anything special I need to do if I reinstall by slaving the drive in a tower I have sitting around assuming I can get it out of this two-and-a-half-pound rig Or should I just disconnect both of the current HDD IDE cables and only connect the quot to the mobo for less software confusion This little guy is my main college machine now for taking to classes and such lovely to carry around an ultraportable with hours of battery life and school starts the th of January so help would be appreciated in relatively short order lest I need to get another laptop ugh or use my quot Dell UGH Thanks in advance P S Yea I m double-posting once at Poasters Computer Forum and once at Helponthe net nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Ok so my keyboard is no longer working. I can't log in to even try to troubleshoot and my fingerprint password is not recorded. Every time I press on certain keys like th "O" it beeps continuously but my mouse and pad works. How the heck do I fix this? Is there a way to unlock the keypad? Should I take it apart? I am totally frustrated all my work is on this:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/need-help-with-my-toshiba-portege-r205-319159.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

I have just bought a Toshiba Portege m800. it comes with Vista but I want to get rid of that and install Windows 7

I was wondering if there is anything I should know about compatability issues?

Thanks

A:Installing on Toshiba Portege

I have a toshiba laptop and it installed windows 7 perfectly on there... no issues what so ever (x86) picked up drivers etc automatically

btw, its a toshiba a200 that i have..cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/16308-installing-toshiba-portege.html
Relevancy 58.91%

hai all i have problem with my new thoshiba PORTEGE M 822 . when i power on my laptop a white screen with a moving cursor will appear without going to operating system . Again when i power on the system a message will appear " user lacking wait" ,"please login by password and entrol fingerprint". can anybody suggest a remedy for this problem.

A:Problem with Toshiba Portege M 822

try to remove cmos battery and remember your password(if you set one).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-toshiba-portege-m-822.123004/
Relevancy 58.91%

I recently purchased a Portege ct 7000 lap-top for college used for about $100. it works great in al respects other than the battery. When I recharged it it would onlytake a 30% charge and and after repeated recharging this is degrading. I have priced batteries on several websites and most cost more than what I paid for the whole kit.

I have found several off brand batteries for non-Ct series portege 7000 models that look almost identical to mine. Will these work or do I need a CT series battery?

A:Toshiba Portege Ct 7000

Look at the Toshiba batteries for ct series and non-ct. If the product/order numbers are the same, then these models take the same batteries.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-portege-ct-7000.60608/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi All,

I want to install XP Pro onto my laptop, I have all the drivers sorted out.

I loaded the cd int the external cd rom and started the install, I have done this as an upgrade and fresh install, but the cd rom is not recognised and I have to terminate it.

Is their any other way of doing this. Could I use a lan connection ??

I am baffled and as I have spent money on the XP Pro full version I would like to use it.

Any help will be fantastic

Colin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-xp-pro-on-toshiba-portege-3440ct.77858/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a laptop Toshiba Portege 7000CT and could not access anything, always received a stop error message, so I erased the hard drive. Now I need help to install win 2000 and all the drivers, bios, etc. necessary and not sure how to proceed. Can anyone assist in this process? Your help is appreciated.

A:Help with Toshiba Portege 7000CT for OP install

here's a detailed illustrated win2k installation guide:

http://www.blackviper.com/Articles/OS/Install2kPro/install2kpro1.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-toshiba-portege-7000ct-for-op-install.634628/
Relevancy 58.05%

hey everyone...sorry to bother you with such a dumb question but i cant for the life of me find out how to enter the bios on this model. ive tried f1-f12 and del and nothing seems to work?

any thoughts?

Relevancy 58.05%

I recently purchased a used Toshiba Portege ct7000. I the college That I attend offers wireless internet and I am completely clueless as to what is neede to hook into this. what hardware is needed to utilize wireless internet? and do you need to subscribe to a wireless internet provider? I am pretty clueless and at home my family is still using dial-up.

A:Toshiba Portege 7000ct wireless?

You need a wireless adapter in your laptop. If you currently don't have one then you can buy it. Something that goes into the PCMCIA slot would be the simplest.

Usually you don't need any subscription to gain access to normal WiFi networks. At most you have to register your computer with the network owner.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-portege-7000ct-wireless.60610/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello Apologies if I ve posted this in the wrong subforum I have a Toshiba Portege that runs Vista A few weeks ago I installed new Startup Freezes Portege at Toshiba Synaptics touchpad drivers Everything seemed normal but when I restarted the computer as directed it froze Toshiba Portege Freezes at Startup on the black screen that says quot Toshiba - Leading Innovation quot I had to shut it off by taking the battery out and unplugging it I spent an hour or two restarting it over and over only to have it freeze every time Then on one of my startup attempts I got a different screen - something about my computer being unable to start up properly and repairing Toshiba Portege Freezes at Startup the problem I followed the prompts and was able to get onto my Desktop I figured the problem must be related to the new Synaptics touchpad driver so I did a system restore to get rid Toshiba Portege Freezes at Startup of it I thought the problem was solved Last night I installed a webcam driver A while later I installed FinePix Viewer FinePix Viewer installed successfully and prompted me to reboot so I did I ran into the same problem I described above - the screen kept freezing at startup Things I tried Waiting to see if the laptop was just taking longer than normal to start Nope definitely frozen Unplugging the laptop removing the batteries and then holding the power button down for several minutes Didn t help Tapping F as soon as the computer started It would sometimes beep and say loading please wait but would then freeze Tapping F as soon as the computer started Same results as tapping F Tapping F - nothing happened Unplugging and or plugging in external devices such as my mouse and webcam It didn t seem to make any difference ALT CNTL DEL - at first it did nothing On later attempts it would send my laptop into or wake it from sleep mode Trying the computer with either the battery or the power cord rather than both - no luck Unscrewing the cover on the back and blowing out dust dirt didn t help After frustrating hours I gave up for the night This morning I tried starting the computer about times I noticed that the lights on Caps Lock and F flicker when it s starting which I don t remember happening in the past On my last attempt those keys stayed lit up so I pressed them both at once That jolted the computer into action and it started normally as though nothing had happened The short term problem is fixed - now I have an opportunity to back up my photos and documents which is a big relief I m scared to shut the computer off though I intend to avoid doing so as much as possible but I know eventually I ll need to reboot to update a crucial security patch or antivirus program I ve tried searching Google for possible solutions to my problem but I haven t had any luck I m making this thread on the off chance someone might know what s causing this and ideally how to fix it Here s the kicker I can t do any repairs that require the CD drive I have all the CDs that came with my laptop but the CD drive has been broken for a year or two I haven t had it repaired because I rarely used it anyway and also because I don t want to put any money into this laptop Its touchpad sometimes stops working for weeks or months at a time and it s looking pretty well-used I d rather put my money toward a replacement laptop when the time comes but I m hoping I can continue to use this one for a while first If anyone is familiar with the issue I m having and can shed some light on what s going on I d appreciate it I m reluctant to do any troubleshooting that requires rebooting the computer sorry I know that limits the suggestions you can make - I just feel that I shouldn t press my luck now that the laptop finally started up again Thanks for reading

A:Toshiba Portege Freezes at Startup

those lights flashing are error codes that could point to the issue, that maybe in your Toshiba Documentation.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416898/toshiba-portege-freezes-at-startup/
Relevancy 58.05%

My Toshiba Portege 7020 CT came with 128 MB of internal memory plus 64 MB expansion memory.

Would this particular model accept a 128-MB expansion memory chip as substitute for the 64-MB it
came with originally?

Thank you for your help.

A:Toshiba Portege 7020 CT memory.

Hi josebencosme, Welcome to TSG !!
If you are asking if you can add a 128 mb stick instead of the 64 , yes. Look here !!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-portege-7020-ct-memory.125433/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,
I have a Toshiba Portege S100 that im trying to do a clean install of xp on. The XP installation recognises the hard drive fine and completes the installation of XP, however when it reboots I get a 7B (Stop Code) blue screen error a couple of seconds after reaching the XP loading screen. I have tried with a slipstreamed XP disc with the Toshiba RAID drivers added and also using F6 during the install to add the RAID drivers manually. Same result. I have also tried performing the install with the RAID set to JBOD and to 1RAID-0, same result. I've tried different hard drives and i've also tried in another S100 (we have 4 here to get XP onto.)

I hoping to get some fresh thoughts on this as it feels like i've been staring at the same crossword clue for 4 days if you know what i mean.

Kind Regards

Danny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-portege-s100-xp-installation.897653/
Relevancy 58.05%

i was given a toshiba portege 3500 recently. the catch is that there was no hd. so i bought a new one. to my surprise there is no floppy drive or a cd drive. is there any way that i can install windows on the hd? i have an external cd drive but it doesnt seem to be detected. any help would be much appreciated!

thanks

brad

A:Toshiba Portege 3500 XP Install??

I would first check the specs on it make sure it has enough power to install XP
If it does go in the BIOS and check for an option for trying other boot devices
You can read up on booting from USB devices here:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/usb-boot.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-portege-3500-xp-install.638888/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,
I bought a Toshiba Portege Z830 for my mom today, which I brang home and unboxed to test and install certain software on it.
I have a working hot-stop aswell as a cable connection, whom both function perfectly at this moment. Even tho I can connect with several devices on the wireless network (ipad, iphone, laptops, etc) I can't connect with the new Toshiba.
Since it's returning me an adapter error I suspect a malfunction in the devices drivers. The problem is, there are no drivers on toshiba's site for the wireless adapter.
Under the Network adapters tab in Device Mananger, I can find the Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and the Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection, who - according to Windows - are working properly.
What can I do so I can connect this darn thing by wireless? ._.

A:Toshiba Portege wireless issues

can we see an ipconfig /all - also an xirrus screen shot

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techg... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-portege-wireless-issues.1078044/
Relevancy 58.05%

My husband brought home a Toshiba Portege M200/M205 from a foreclosure cleanout that he was doing that apparently crashed. Black screen that says "safe mode", "start normally", etc. I restarted it in Safe Mode. It starts to run a scan saying components regarding sysem 32 and then gets to a screen that says "PXE-E61 media test failure, check cable; PXE-MOF: Exiting intel boot agent. Insert system disk in drive...press any key" I don't have a system disk. Can I do anything with this tablet or should I just trash it?

A:toshiba portege M200]M205

Quote:

PXE-E61 media test failure

This means that the the Boot File on the HDD is corrupted or the HDD has failed and the boot sequence has by passed the HDD and is going to the next device in the Boot Sequence which is a Network Boot which fails.
Boot off of the Windows Disc Or download the Recovery Console ISO. Burn it to CD with IMGBurn Boot off of the CD and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools or Drive Fitness in my signature and burn the image to a CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and boot off of the newly created CD and run the Quick and Advanced tests on the HDD to test the integrity of the drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/toshiba-portege-m200-m205-639059.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I?m new on forum.

I have problem. I can?t find on Toshiba support drivers and utilities for this model, where I can find all working this kind of software (console, power saver etc.)?

A:Need drivers for Toshiba Portege 3500

Hi!

First of all, welcome in the forum!

Did you searched on the Toshiba website? There you can find all drivers who you need for this model.
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com => Support & Downloads => Download Drivers
*Archive* => Portege => Portege 3xxx => Portege 3500

Bye

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?39224-Need-drivers-for-Toshiba-Portege-3500
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

I have the above PC which I want to re-image with the recovery discs but I am having a problem getting that far. I have a floppy bootdisk (which will also allow me to access the recovery discs from a usb cd:rom drive - I'm told). I don't get that far though - from the boot screen (start up and F12) if I select floppy drive to boot I just go to flashing cursor... and that's it. If I select internal harddrive I get a warning that a file is missing or corrupt:

System32\Drivers\Ntfs.sys

Any help much appreciated.

Best regards,

Beretta

A:Toshiba Portege R100 Bootup

Do you have an actual XP CD from Microsoft? I have NEVER had good experiences with recovery disks as they tend to not work half the time.

You may need to contact Toshiba for a new set of disks. If you had an XP CD we could maybe fix the underlying error.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/toshiba-portege-r100-bootup-203198.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Dear forum members,

can any of you help me with the Toshiba original Recovery CD for my Portege P2000. Mine doesn't unfortunately work and I have to re-install the system.

Many many thanks in advance for whoever might be able to help me.
Regards from Paris
rainer

A:Recovery CD for Toshiba Portege P2000

I think you will have to go to an ASP. They should be able to order such a disc for you.

You can use this page to find an ASP near you:

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?35135-Recovery-CD-for-Toshiba-Portege-P2000
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a Toshiba Portege M200 running XP that won’t boot. The Toshiba splash screen comes up then goes away, the HDD light turns on once and then shuts off and nothing happens. I tried hitting F12 to get into the bios but then the splash screen stays up and nothing else happens. I can get into the advanced startup menu by hitting F8. I tried booting to safe mode and last known good configuration but still nothing happened.

I also tried taking out the battery and booting it without the battery because I read that may work, but I had no luck with that either.

Does anyone know how I can troubleshoot this?

Thanks for reading,

Matt

A:Toshiba Portege m200 won't boot

Try downloading Fedora Linux iso, and burn that image to a CD. Boot with it, and when it comes to its desktop, you will see all your hard drives. IF the CD won't boot, then its a machine problem. If the hd doesnt show up, then we know it is a hd problem. If the hd does show up, you can copy out all your data onto a usb memory stick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-portege-m200-wont-boot.980381/
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm trying to reinstall XP for a friend of mine. His laptop is a Toshiba Portege Tablet and it has no CD drive. I have an external USB CD drive but this particular laptop has no USB boot option. Why it was built this way is beyond me. How can I reinstall windows? I've already tried taking the HD out, inserting it into an enclosure and plugging it into my business laptop, booting my laptop with the Windows XP CD, and installing XP to the enclosured HD that way, but with no luck. What can I do? Thanks for any responses.

Relevancy 58.05%

We have a 7000CT with Windows 2000 on it and some how the display brightness got turned down by about 50% Does anyone know how to brighten up the display, There are not controls on the laptop to be found that will do this

A:Toshiba Portege 7000CT users

Well I have a different model but on mine I can press FN and the UP arrow to increase the brightness. The picture on the UP arrow looks like a sun and an solid triangle pointing up - see if yours has something similiar.

Also Toshiba Support for 7000CT: http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...644&smoid=true&ct=DL&ListType=Model&x=31&y=12

User guides on left.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-portege-7000ct-users.170174/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a tosh portege with an inbuilt scsi sd slot, but the card cannot be read. device manager says its working normally, and loading a card gets the xp gong. then my pc freezes briefly and the sd card shows 'unreadable' under 'properties'. tried three cards, no joy. any ideas?

A:Toshiba portege can't read sd card

definately a driver issue...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-portege-cant-read-sd-card.122591/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

I am the owner of a Portege M807 and my AC cable got damaged, i want to buy a new one.

The part number is PA3468E-1AC3, but when i go on the toshiba website, the only AC cable coresponding is PA3468E-1AC3B.

I just wanted to check if that would work with my laptop.
Regards
Benjamin Gauthier

A:Portege M807 AC cable got damaged

Hi

The AC adaptor PA3468E-1AC3 supports 19V, 65W, 3,42A

The PA3468E-1AC3B supports 19V, 75W, 3.95A

Seems that you could use both AC adaptors?

Greets

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?53797-Portege-M807-AC-cable-got-damaged
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Toshiba Portege R with a unique problem that I ve never come across The display has shifted down and to the left My screen has about a half inch black space on the very right hand side Also the task bar Win is shifted slightly off the bottom of the screen The best way to explain is as if it were an external monitor that I had gone into the settings and adjusted the image too far Problem Portege Display R705 Toshiba to the left and down Except for the top of the screen doesn t have the black space I just opened it up one day and it was like this I ve gone through every Toshiba Portege R705 Display Problem setting I can find and there is no setting to adjust the display location I ve also googled and googled and googled I thought I would try and boot from some kind of live cd to see if the problem persists thus pointing to a hardware issue But I cannot I never see the POST screen when I start up I cannot get into the BIOS settings or anything alike I have pushed all of the typical buttons esc del f f f etc during boot The most I get is a beeping noise after I hold the key s down too long The screen always stays black I can see on the side of the screen that the LCD light is on but nothing is being displayed So does anyone have any ideas Any clue as to why I don t see a POST screen or boot to CD Many thanks in advanced nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Portege CT that has a Port x PCMCIA CD-ROM The old hard drive is toast and I have installed a new completely blank hard drive onto which I am trying to install Windows I have updated the Bios to the latest available from Toshiba 24x Portege - 3010CT Port CD-ROM Toshiba PCMCIA and set the PC Card Controller Mode to PCIC Compatible I have created a Toshiba Portege 3010CT - Port 24x PCMCIA CD-ROM diskette to boot with drivers for the CDROM from Targus com they handle old Port Noteworthy peripherals and I keep getting the following error PCCARD CDROM Driver - C Archos - No Unit Found driver dumped A gt A mscdex D MSCD Device driver not found MSCD No Valid CDROM device drivers selected The CD-ROM has power the light is on the cd spins and the cd tray opens when the button is pushed Any suggestions Or if it is easier is there a way to create a boot disk to allow me to connect to our network so I can access the CD-ROM from a share Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-portege-3010ct-port-24x-pcmcia-cd-rom.177206/
Relevancy 57.62%

My system is WIN Portege 700 WIN7 Toshiba Blue Screen Pro Professional bit on Toshiba Portege I work in an exchange server environment and have some issues with access to offline file folders and exchange outlook - user names and passwords sometimes have to be reentered and Blue Screen WIN7 Pro Toshiba Portege 700 sometimes dont lead to access of in particular offline files online Machine seems to do bluescreen and restart x in last weeks mainly Blue Screen WIN7 Pro Toshiba Portege 700 when it was idle went idle Here is the copy from my Debug Minidump please help identify and cure my problem Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff PsLoadedModuleList xfffff d Debug session time Thu Jun UTC System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck A fffff c ec b ec e d Probably caused by csc sys csc CscStorepLowIoReadWriteFileIrp Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis MEMORY MANAGEMENT a Any other values for parameter must be individually examined Arguments Arg The subtype of the bugcheck Arg fffff c Arg ec b Arg ec e d Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x a CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME svchost exe CURRENT IRQL TRAP FRAME fffff a a -- trap xfffff a a NOTE The trap frame does not contain all registers Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect rax fffff a f rbx rcx fffff a f rdx rsi rdi rip fffff ff rsp fffff a a b rbp fffff a a e r r f r fffff a a r fffff a a c r r r r iopl nv up ei ng nz na po cy Ntfs memset x fffff ff mov qword ptr rcx rdx ds fffff a f Resetting default scope LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff faec to fffff d c STACK TEXT fffff a eb fffff faec a fffff c ec b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff a ec fffff f ae fffff a f fffff a a fffff fc c nt FNODOBFM string x dcf fffff a fb fffff e b fffff d fffff f c fffff ae fffffa c nt MiDispatchFault x ce fffff a a c fffff d ee fffff a f fffffa d c nt MmAccessFault xe b fffff a a fffff ff fffff c fffff a a e fffff a a c nt KiPageFault x e fffff a a b fffff c fffff a a e fffff a a c Ntfs memset x fffff a a c fffff bf e fffff a a c fffffa e fffff a f f fffff a f f Ntfs NtfsCommonQueryEa x fffff a a fffff bfb fffff a a c fffffa e fffffa e fffffa ed Ntfs NtfsFsdDispatchSwitch x a fffff a a a fffff bcf fffff a a fffff fffff a a fffff Ntfs NtfsFsdDispatchWait x fffff a a fffff df fffffa e fffffa fffffa e fltmgr FltpLegacyProcessingAfterPreCallbacksCompleted x f fffff a a fffff dbeab fffffa a ea fffffa e fltmgr FltpDispatch xcf fffff a a fffff cb fffffa a ea fffff ae nt IopSynchronousServiceTail xfb fffff a a f fffff d fffffa b fffff a abe fffff a f fffff d nt NtQueryEaFile x c fffff a a c fffff d a fffff a fffff a f nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x fffff a abc fffff a fffff a f fffff f d nt KiServiceLinkage fffff a abd fffff c ffffffff de fffff a ae fffff c d csc CscStorepLowIoReadWriteFileIrp x fffff a ac fffff d b ffffffff de d fffff a c csc CscStorepLowIoInitialize x f fffff a acf fffff c fffff a a ff csc CscEaSystemIoQueryEaFile x fffff a adb fffff a ffffffff de ffffffff fffff a af fffff a f f cb csc CscEaReadEaListWithBuffer x fffff a ae csc CscEaReadFixedSizeEa x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP csc CscStorepLowIoReadWriteFileIrp fffff a bcf mov rcx r SYMBOL STACK INDEX f SYMBOL NAME csc CscStorepLowIoReadWriteFileIrp FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME csc IMAGE NAME csc sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP ce FAILURE BUCKET ID X x a csc CscStorepLowIoReadWriteFileIrp BUCK... Read more

A:Blue Screen WIN7 Pro Toshiba Portege 700

This may show us more details -Please download BlueScreenView (in zip file)Extract (right-click > Extract all) the contents of bluescreenview.zip.Double-click on the BlueScreenView.exe file, to run the program. (No installation is required.)When scanning is done (usually complete by the time the interface appears), go ...Edit > Select AllFile > Save Selected Items, and save the report to your Desktop as BSOD.txt.Close the BlueScreenView window... ... ...Open BSOD.txt using Notepad and go ... .... ..Edit > Select AllEdit > Copy, and then paste the entire contents of the text file into your next reply.Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457905/blue-screen-win7-pro-toshiba-portege-700/
Relevancy 57.62%

Good morning
My question is very simple: can someone tell me if the upgrade to WINDOWS 10 is possible for my laptopnTOSHIBA M800 -11G , serial number 29037079W
Best reahrds
Andriusca

A:WINDOWS 10 upgrade on Toshiba Portege M800 -11G

Generally, models that dont have UEFI Boot Mode will have problems in Win10.
It is best to stay with the currently installed OS.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89223-WINDOWS-10-upgrade-on-Toshiba-Portege-M800-11G
Relevancy 57.62%

to put it simply, the keys produce random characters instead of what they should produce
i've tried googling the problem, but i can't find any help

pic related
it's running XP tablet edition BTW

A:toshiba portege 3500 keyboard problem

Likely to be hardware related, in that the cable connecting the keyboard to the motherboard is patially disconnected or a keyboard electronics or motherboard electronics failure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-portege-3500-keyboard-problem.729643/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Toshiba Portege M Tablet PC It has no built-in or external CD-ROM DVD or Floppy drives It M200 Tablet Toshiba recovery PC Portege has bios settings that will allow it to boot from HDD FDD CD-ROM or LAN I have the Toshiba Recovery DVD from the manufacturer The Toshiba support site lists the supported external CD DVD drives that will work with the recovery disk I don t have any of these and I am trying to use a generic DVD drive with an IDE to USB adapter I am able to connect the DVD drive with this adapter to a computer running XP and I am able to access DVD s on that computer The recovery disk has instructions that tell me to use an Toshiba Portege M200 Tablet PC recovery external DVD drive to perform the recovery but isn t as specific as the website as to which DVD drive to use As a side note the instructions do say that the drive cannot be formatted in NTFS I think that I just need to find a way to copy the sys files onto the hard drive and then copy a generic DVD driver onto the Toshiba Portege M200 Tablet PC recovery hard drive so I can access the DVD when it is attached to the Tablet PC I would greatly appreciate any experience or suggestions as to how I might get this to work without having to buy one of these specific DVD drives Toshiba Portege M200 Tablet PC recovery that the Toshiba Site suggests After reading other posts for similar issues although these other posts didn t provide an answer for me I thought I might want to clarify a little I have pulled the hard drive out of the tablet and hooked it up to a desktop using an adapter I can format the drive and copy files to it using this method However I am unable to run the Recovery disk on this machine When I try running the recovery disk it gives me an error message stating that the disk can only be run on my specific model Tablet PC To clarify even further the Recovery DVD is a system restore disk that reinstalls Windows Tablet PC and the applications that are specifically designed for this Tablet PC and provide specific functionality that are only available on the Tablet PC Thanks nbsp

A:Toshiba Portege M200 Tablet PC recovery

I thought I should add; I have hooked the tablet hard drive up to the desktop as a primary hard drive and tried formatting it, copied the sys files over and windows 98 startup files to the drive. Then I put the hard drive back into the tablet, hooked up the external DVD drive and powered on the laptop. It errors out stating that it cannot connect to the external drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-portege-m200-tablet-pc-recovery.58645/
Relevancy 57.62%

My Portege M200 doesnt boot.

Turn it on and toshiba splash screen comes up and remains like that. Nothing would work (Neither F2 to enter BIOS)

Any ideas ?

A:Portege M200 - Toshiba splash screen comes up and then nothing

Hey,

For me it sounds like hat there is a certain hardware problem so the computers stops at Toshiba BIOS screen...

It?s really hard to say what could be the reason?

First of all you should follow the instructions in this article and maybe it helps:
[Which steps should be followed if your Toshiba notebook doesn't start?|http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=21]

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?55113-Portege-M200-Toshiba-splash-screen-comes-up-and-then-nothing
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,
I just bought my R930-1C8.
The 3 Toshiba buttons (Toshiba button eco, presentation or touchpad) are ineffective on my computer.
What must I do to have the work ?

A:Portege R930 - Toshiba buttons are not working

Which OS do you use? Win7 or Win8?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71605-Portege-R930-Toshiba-buttons-are-not-working
Relevancy 57.62%

well 7100 Portege Toshiba drivers Series im fixing a Toshiba Portege series laptop for my friend at school formatting the hard drive hoping that thatll fix a majority of the problem ive looked online but cant seem to find the links to the drivers if you need a service tag Toshiba Portege 7100 Series drivers or something let me know but i wont be able to get back to you on it until tomorrow because im doing runs with DBAN i read that formatting with a zero fill program can sometimes fix bad sectors caused by magnetic inconsistencies but if you dont need the service tags i would greatly appreciate if you could link to a page that lists all of the drivers or something of that matter and one last question - how do you access the BIOS for this model laptop i want to see a few settings in it but so far all attempts to access it havent worked delete doesnt do it f brings you to the boot device selection screen and im not sure what else to try all it tells me on the mobo splash screen is to hit f to select a bot device well thanks in advance for the help guys plasma nbsp

A:Toshiba Portege 7100 Series drivers

I think you are gonna have to look closely at the 7120 and if all the parts seem the same go with those drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-portege-7100-series-drivers.100639/
Relevancy 57.62%

i have a Toshiba M Portege tablet PC and just recently when i Tablet-virus? Toshiba M200 Portege turn on my laptop the system folder pops up and i have also gotten windows file protection windows that pop up that say to insert my Windows XP Professional CD even though i was not provided with said CD I just got a new keyboard put in but the function keys werent working a while before that time I also can no longer scroll on the side and bottom of the mousepad My crossfunctional button also does not work I ran all Toshiba M200 Portege Tablet-virus? the suggested programs and also ran Windows Defender i updated and ran my McAffee virus protection and ran Ad-Aware and Spybot and Toshiba M200 Portege Tablet-virus? updated them too Here is my hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink KeyboardSurrogate exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM WISPTIS EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System tabbtnu exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TCServer exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC WINDOWS system TPSMain exeC WINDOWS system TFNF exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exeC WINDOWS system TPSBattM exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXEC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exeC PROGRA NETWOR COMMON naPrdMgr exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin OProtSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS system rpcnet exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system wdfmgr exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS system msdtc exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exec program files common files aol ee aolsoftware exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exec program files common files aol ee anotify exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEc program files common files aol ee aolsoftware exeC DOCUME Ursuline LOCALS Temp abc zL v exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Documents and Settings Ursuline Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www toshiba com searchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshiba comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www toshibadirect com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D... Read more

A:Toshiba M200 Portege Tablet-virus?

Hello shadowtiger72 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forums. I do not see any signs of viruses or malware in the log.Let's run a different scanner and see if we can find out what might be casuing some of the issues you are currently having.Download WinPFind2.zip and unzip it to your Desktop. It will create a folder named WinPFind2. Do NOT run the program directly from the zip file.Open the WinPFind2 folder and double-click on winpfind2.exe to start the program.Keep the standard settings.In the AddOn-Options group click the checkboxes forHKCU_IEDesktop.defPolicies.defSID_Run_Policies.def
to select them.Now click the Run All Scans button on the toolbar.When the scans are complete click the Simple Report button in the lower right-hand corner to create a report file. Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.Use the Add Reply button to post the information back here and I will review it when it comes in.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65483/toshiba-m200-portege-tablet-virus/
Relevancy 57.62%

Greetings,
Im stuck on this one, I recieved a Portege 300CT from a friend that I use to program two way radios. It was running Windows 98 SE with problems. This computer has no FDD but I have the docking station with the CD drive. I reformatted the drive with a new Win 98 SE disk but now the CD drive is not recoginized and I get Invalid System disk I have tried hitting the F12 key to get to the Boot menu with no results. How can I load the operating system? Thanks in advance.

A:Install Windows 98 SE on Toshiba Portege 300CT

hi kd4fun,
this is hard: deleting without thinking about the problems...

to make it short:
you need a driver that the docking station is able to communicate with the laptop...

recover cd at hands? no....

to make it shorter ;-)
take out hdd
make it bootable (format /s)
put all win98 files in a special folder eg. "win98src" (not more than 8 digits!)
put all needed drivers in a 2nd folder eg. "300drivers"

put the hdd back in the 300ct boot it up and run DOS
hop in the "win89src" folder and type "setup"
this should install win98 as a clean install.
you have to install the driver too!

now you got a fresh and stable win98se!
there is a "unofficial service pack" for it... search the internet ( ;-) creopard)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?51406-Install-Windows-98-SE-on-Toshiba-Portege-300CT
Relevancy 57.62%

I am fixing my Nanna s laptop for her and I am having some problems with the Wireless It does not want to connect to my Router and gives me the Windows error message Windows is unable to connect to the selected network quot The network may no longer be in range Please refresh the list of available networks and try to connect again quot Your in range of the network right in the same room as the wireless access point And when you refresh the list the network still shows up there It seems that it will only connect to Routers which use WEP security and not ones which use WPA I have looked on the Toshiba site for the Wireless Drivers to see if there is any updated ones and used the Driver Update Utility on Intel s download site and that tells me that the latest wireless driver is installed Does anyone know how I can fix this to get it to connect to Routers with WPA security nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I just got laptop Toshiba Portege M600 With vista pre-installed on it i upgraded it with windows7
but after upgrading it i got problem with sound when i shut down my pc it shows no audio autput is installed when in restart it it becomes fine then after restarting again the sound is gone and i can`t find proper audio driver for it anywhere plz help!!!

A:Sound problem with toshiba portege M600

Simple thing to do as you just got it so you don't have huge thing to backup or not at all simply do a fresh install of Windows 7 on your laptop. It is better to do fresh install rather than making an upgrade.

Also you may try to install the latest driver for you sound card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problem-with-toshiba-portege-m600.142224/
Relevancy 57.62%

I bought a new WD Hard Drive for my Toshiba laptop.

Window I boot from CD I receive the message that Setup did find any disk drives installed in your computer.

A:Trying to Install Windows XP on Toshiba Portege M400

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Drivers-and-Utilities/HDD-driver-for-Portege-M400-S4031/td-p/187966

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...M400&selCategory=2756709&selFamily=1073768662

http://support.wdc.com/product/install.asp?groupid=0&level1=0&modelno=&lang=en

info on hdd site

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-install-windows-xp-on-toshiba-portege-m400.1004049/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey there!

I had a problem with the Accupoint, it moved alone, so I desactivated.
But the problem is that I also desactivated the two buttoms above the pad.

Is there a any way to repair the AccuPoint or desactivate it without desactivating the buttons?

I have a Toshiba Portege Z30-A with Windows 10

Thanks!

Accupoint or Trackpoint

A:Toshiba Portege Z30-A - Accupoint doesn't function

I believe it is a touchpad cable issue. Send it in for repair.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89916-Toshiba-Portege-Z30-A-Accupoint-doesn-t-function
Relevancy 57.62%

I have an old Toshiba Portege 7200 series laptop and am setting up a wireless network. I'm using a Linksys router and a Linksys Wireless G Notebook adapter 2.4 GHz, 802.11g. The software loaded fine, but I haven't been able to detect a signal. It hangs up on "searching" and never finds the very same signal I'm using now to send this email. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 57.62%

I browsed the forum and tried some of the solutions but my SD card stopped no Portege longer card Toshiba SD Help? working! working and I could not get the card reader to Help? Toshiba Portege SD card no longer working! function again I don't know why it would have stopped working but I had been installing and uninstalling some software recently After trying to remove and re-install the driver I still Help? Toshiba Portege SD card no longer working! could not get it working To clean up a Help? Toshiba Portege SD card no longer working! bit I performed a system restore from almost a week ago Everything is good EXCEPT the SD card reader My system is a Toshiba Portege Z -P If I start gt run gt D I get quot The system cannot find the drive specified quot Under Control gt Computer Management gt System Tools gt Device Drivers I see IDE ATA ATAPI controllers - Intel R Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller - Ricoh PCIe SDXC MMC Host Controller Toshiba's driver site Model Content Page shows the SD driver to be a Ricoh driver The card itself was readable and still is on other PCs Windows pro is up-to-date Suggestions Thanks

A:Help? Toshiba Portege SD card no longer working!

I had the same problem with my Toshiba laptop, and i downloaded the driver from the Canadian website as i am from canada and it didn't work. So I went to the Toshiba UK website and downloaded the drivers from there and it worked fine. You can try this website from toshiba UK website, It may not be the one that you need but it might work its worth a try it won't hurt anything to try it. Thats how i fixed my Hotkey issue.

Download Windows 7 drivers:
RitualJman

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/220143-help-toshiba-portege-sd-card-no-longer-working.html
Relevancy 57.62%

The original battery is dead, charge indicator light does not come
on at all when power cord is plugged in.
Bought new battery, charging light comes on when power cord is
plugged in but battery will not power on the computer. Could there
be a problem with the battery I purchased, or is there be a problem
with the connection? Has anyone experienced this?

I guess it could be either, though it is odd though that the charge
light comes on as if charging and did not on the old dead cell.
Makes me think that perhaps the new battery is not holding enough
charge to power on laptop and the problem is the battery not the
connection.
Can anyone help?

Relevancy 57.62%

Ok, basically I've been given a laptop which "If you can fix it, you can have it". Now I love a challenge but I have tried everything to perform a full factory reset.
I can access the BIOS but there is no HHD restore listed.
I cannot press F8, pressing it simply refreshes the recovery screen.
The recovery screen says: Error Code:0xc000000f
Press f8 for startup options (this just refreshes the page)
Press f9 to use a different operating system (this brings up a screen which says Click (green tick) to continue with restore process. However pressing said green tick simple brings up a generic grey box stating Error 1 and then the whole laptop reverts back to the original Recovery blue screen
Holding down the 0 key on start up produces the same result as pressing f8
Hammering F12 brings up the Boot manager, but again there is no HHD restore.
Any help would be hugely appreciated!
Cheers!
Rosie

A:Toshiba portege factory restore failing

Assuming win 7?
click here
download and make a windows iso to boot from.
set BIOS to first boot from your iso media (DVD or USB whichever you make)
boot to comand prompt and run
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
exit remove the media and see if it will now boot from the hard drive.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/toshiba-portege-factory-restore-failing-4606383/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,

I have problem with my Toshiba and I cant report it due to Toshiba website error.
When I'm on this site: http://www.toshiba.pl/innovation/pl/generic/pc-support/ and I enter serial numer of my PORTEGE Z930-14D which is 8D032137H nothing happens. The page which will appear is blank, and I cant check even the status on guarantee.

Please check it out, why the Toshiba website dont work correcly in my case.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?88799-No-support-for-PORTEGE-Z930-14D-on-Toshiba-site
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello all,

i know somebody who owns a portege R830-1C8. He asked me, if my notebook RAM is compatible with his notebook.

Actually he has inside the notebook 2gb 1Rx8 PC3-10600S-09-11-B2.

My RAM is 4GB 2Rx8 PC3-12800S-11-12-F2.1600.

Can he use my RAM?

Thx and greetz

A:Toshiba Portege R830-1C8 RAM compatiblity question

Both are PC3, but not sure about the speed difference.
It may work, give it a try.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?86149-Toshiba-Portege-R830-1C8-RAM-compatiblity-question
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello Toshiba users

I bought a new Toshiba Z30 in May 2015 from an online vendor on ebay in Australia. Great laptop.

About 6 months ago, the accupoint started moving on its own, so I disabled it in the mouse settings and used only the trackpad.

Now the trackpad no longer works properly. The laptop will recognise and respond to button clicks. However (intermittently and frequently) the cursor no longer responds to input from the trackpad itself.

I have tried uninstalling existing drivers and allowing windows to install its own, but this didn't work.

Because it is intermittent, I wonder whether this is a hardware issue?

Any advice on how I could repair this?

Thanks

Ralph

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?94489-Toshiba-Portege-Z30-Accupoint-and-Touchpad-failure
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello, I am having an issue with an older Toshiba. It hasn't been used in a while, but when I went to use it for the first time in about 2 years, it is giving me an error message saying, "**** Bad check sum (CMOS) **** Check system. Then press F1 key." I can press the key and go into a BIOS setup screen, but after about 1 minute it just shuts off. I know that I may need to change the BIOS battery, but would that be what's causing the sudden shut off? If it helps, it also makes a single clicking sound when it shuts off, but I assume that it's just because of the screen turning off. Any help would be greatly appreciated, but if it can't be fixed it might just be time for a new laptop... Would love to salvage this one though =(

A:Toshiba Portege 4010 Startup then shut down.

Howdy,

I would replace the CMOS battery first........and see if that solves the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-portege-4010-startup-then-shut-down.913741/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Toshiba Portege M Tablet PC It has no built-in or external CD-ROM DVD or M200 Portege Toshiba Tablet PC recovery Floppy drives It has bios settings that will allow it to boot from HDD FDD CD-ROM Toshiba Portege M200 Tablet PC recovery or LAN I have Toshiba Portege M200 Tablet PC recovery the Toshiba Recovery DVD from the manufacturer The Toshiba support site lists the supported external CD DVD drives that will work with the recovery disk I don amp t have any of these and I am trying to use a generic DVD drive with an IDE to USB adapter I am able to connect the DVD drive with this adapter to a computer running XP and I am able to access DVD amp s on that computer The recovery disk has instructions that tell me to use an external DVD drive to perform the recovery but isn amp t as specific as the website as to which DVD drive to use As a side note the instructions do say that the drive cannot be formatted in NTFS I think that I just need to find a way to copy the sys files onto the hard drive and then copy a generic DVD driver onto the hard drive so I can access the DVD when it is attached to the Tablet PC I would greatly appreciate any experience or suggestions as to how I might get this to work without having to buy one of these specific DVD drives that the Toshiba Site suggests After reading other posts for similar issues although these other posts didn amp t provide an answer for me I thought I might want to clarify a little I have pulled the hard drive out of the tablet and hooked it up to a desktop using an adapter I can format the drive and copy files to it using this method However I am unable to run the Recovery disk on this machine When I try running the recovery disk it gives me an error message stating that the disk can only be run on my specific model Tablet PC To clarify even further the Recovery DVD is a system restore disk that reinstalls Windows Tablet PC and the applications that are specifically designed for this Tablet PC and provide specific functionality that are only available on the Tablet PC Thanks nbsp

A:Toshiba Portege M200 Tablet PC recovery

I thought I should add; I have hooked the tablet hard drive up to the desktop as a primary hard drive and tried formatting it, copied the sys files over and windows 98 startup files to the drive. Then I put the hard drive back into the tablet, hooked up the external DVD drive and powered on the laptop. It errors out stating that it cannot connect to the external drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-portege-m200-tablet-pc-recovery.501009/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi everyone and excuse me for my bad English.

I have one very old laptop- Toshiba Portege 3110 CT, but the cable between motherboard and the plate with USB and audio connector is missing. Do you could help me? if anyone have plan or picture of this cable, please send me it.

Thanks

A:Missing motherboard cable for Portege 3110 CT

Hi

You can try your luck and can wait till someone will post such photo or link.
But to be honest I would recommend contacting a ASP in your country and to ask for such cable or a part which can be helpful for you.

The nearest ASP can be found here;
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com -> Support & Download -> Find an Authorized Service Provider

Good luck

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?33887-Missing-motherboard-cable-for-Portege-3110-CT
Relevancy 56.76%

I want to know what is the meaning of above five icon under the Toshiba Logo...

Photo:
http://i1.hk/d/attachments/day_100210/20100210_741cab47e44bf1501f7b4bQc5ay2xa3O.jpg

Thanks for help

A:Portege A100 - meaning of five icons under the Toshiba Logo

As you can see this pictures show different drives. On this point you can choose which device should be used as first bootable device.
When you start your notebook and when these symbols are shown press right arrow key several times (the red mark line will be moved to right) and you will see how you can choose the right device.

When device is marked just press ENTER button.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?51179-Portege-A100-meaning-of-five-icons-under-the-Toshiba-Logo
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm not sure if this is hardware or operating system, so any help would be appreciated. Here's my problem:
We've written an application that lives on the tablet PC that is basically a timeclock for hourly employees. The timeclock has been running just fine for a week now, and all of a sudden, it's decided to standby or hibernate after 30 minutes. How can the tablet change it's settings like that? Any help on where I can look for an answer would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-portege-power-save-mode-problem.286329/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, a have what seems to be quite a rare computer, that is, I can't find out much about it at all. I don't know how to open the BIOS; I've what seems to be every key.

Anyway, the touch mouse on the computer isn't working. I can't find it at all in device manager and can't see if it's switched off at the BIOS.

So any suggestions? I know it's not that much of a big deal as I'm using a standard USB mouse now but it'd just be handy to have.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touch-mouse-on-toshiba-portege-a100-not-working.653522/
Relevancy 56.76%

what driver works for the portege?

A:Toshiba Portege M100: atheros mini pci wireless?

Model Content Page

however, i cant get the sound to work?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/40546-toshiba-portege-m100-atheros-mini-pci-wireless.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello,
how can I switch BOOT mode in my Toshiba Port?g? Z30t-C-119 from UEFI to legacy? UEFI choice is grayed out and cannot be changed.

Thank you

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?94380-Toshiba-Portg-Z30t-C-119-how-to-switch-UEFI-mode
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi.

I've just bought Portege Z30-b.

I want to replace windows with linux (fedora I think), I've made windows image using Recovery Media creator on USB stick.

So if now I will install linux i will delete all files from SSD.
Maybe in futture i would like to use windows again, can I revert back to original state using this USB stick ?

If I would install this linux, what happens with toshiba tools accessed from BIOS/UEFI ?

From where I can get windows CDkey ?

Thanks for help !

BTW: great laptop !

A:Portege Z30-B - Toshiba image installation after change to Linux

can I revert back to original state using this USB stick ?

Yes, recovery would set the notebook back to factory settings.

If I would install this Linux, what happens with Toshiba tools accessed from BIOS/UEFI?

I’m afraid I’m not quite sure what you mean exactly with Toshiba tools accessed from BIOS…

Toshiba tools don’t support Linux… you can install Linux but Toshiba software would not run. But you can still access the BIOS press F2 button while powering On the unit

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84536-Portege-Z30-B-Toshiba-image-installation-after-change-to-Linux
Relevancy 56.76%

I have just inherited a very nice Toshiba Portege z p I have gradually been setting it up for use During this process screen fan Z830 splash Stuck with on Toshiba Portege - I occasionally had trouble with it not rebooting and not coming out of hibernation sleep It is now in a state where when you switch it on the Toshiba logo appears on screen and the fan goes Portege Z830 - Stuck on Toshiba splash screen with fan into overdrive sounding like it's about to take off I can't get it to boot into the BIOS setup screen Though Portege Z830 - Stuck on Toshiba splash screen with fan I have previously been in there and even updated the BIOS I have pulled it apart to check for loose connections dirt and dust and all appears ok What are my next steps or do I just write it off Looking on the Toshiba support website it would appear that it is still under warranty - see below I wonder if this is void now though It's worth pointing out that a few of the external ports are showing some sign or corrosion though the motherboard battery and other internals all appear to be intact All thoughts comments are welcome Thanks Servicename years EMEA On-site Repair Service for Laptops Service Coverage EOS Days Expiration Date - - Servicename years International Warranty Service Coverage International Days Expiration Date - -

A:Portege Z830 - Stuck on Toshiba splash screen with fan

Hi
I guess the warranty isn’t valid anymore because you have already disassembled the notebook for cleaning…

Regarding the notebook’s booting problem: to me it looks like the issue could be related to hardware malfunction… if you are not able to access the BIOS and if the notebook freezes while showing the Toshiba logo, then the problem might be related to motherboard problems…

It seems that the POST (power on self-test) cannot be passed properly and usually this can be caused by motherboard (or parts like RAM) malfunction.

By the way:

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84925-Portege-Z830-Stuck-on-Toshiba-splash-screen-with-fan
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

I bought a used Toshiba Portege 7010ct. It has a USB port, but not the drivers for my jumpdrive.

Specs that might help:
Holds 2 5mmPC cards Type II or 1 10.5mm PC card Type III:
32-bit, 3..V pc cardbus support
15-bit, 5.0V pc card support

1 240-pin expansion bus

1 Kensington cable lock slot

1 external floppy drive port

1 USB port (not 2.0)

1 Infrared port (IrDA 1.1:4Mbps)

I/O 1 9pin serial (16550 Uart compliant)
1 25 pin parallel (8bit ecp)

It runs Win 98

All I really want is to get the driver for my flashdrive: PNY attache :knock: onto my Toshiba Portege 7010ct. I will explore most options but I really want this to cost as little as possible (@$10).

Can anyone suggest a:
LAN card 10/100 (that does not need drivers)
Floppy Drive (that does not need drivers)
Free dialup (that does not need a downloaded dialer)
CD Rom (that does not need a driver)

Thanks

Thor

A:Need Driver OS Win 98 No external input devices Toshiba Portege

Your Drivers

patio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-driver-os-win-98-no-external-input-devices-toshiba-portege.32372/
Relevancy 56.76%

I just got a Toshiba Portege R835-P83 laptop. It has a SD card reader but it is not working - in the Device Manager for the Ricoh SD Disk Device it says - "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

I have tried downloading the latest driver from the Toshiba website but it still doesn't work. Anybody have any suggestions?

A:SD Card Reader Not Working, Toshiba Portege Laptop

Have you tried installing the driver in compatibility mode for whichever operating system was previously on the machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/205065-sd-card-reader-not-working-toshiba-portege-laptop.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi guys,

I have just been given a Toshiba Portege 2000 Laptop to play around with, but the problem that I am having is that I cannot boot it up to start. I keep getting a message that says:

A disk read error occured Press CTRL+Alt+Del to restart.

The Laptop is running Windows XP Professional have tried to "Google" the message above to see if there is a solution to the problem but I cannot find anything.

Is it true that I can boot from a PCMCIA card? If so how would I go about this? The Laptop does not have a Floppy or CD_ROM drive..

Regards.

A:Boot Problem (Toshiba Portege 2000 Laptop)

Disk Read Error means there is a problem with the Boot file or that the HDD has failed. Boot into the Setup Bios and see if the HDD is being recognized. Then go to the Boot order, see if you can boot thru a USB device. Make that the first boot device, then you can use either a USB CD rom drive, or a Flash drive with XP on it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/boot-problem-toshiba-portege-2000-laptop-520766.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have removed the Toshiba video player from my laptop Portege R930-C86 by mistake.

Would any one know how can get it to install back?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92844-How-to-reinstall-Toshiba-video-player-on-Portege-R930-C86
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello!

I have a Toshiba Portege Z930-D3S laptop. I wanted to run a system recovery and did everything exactly as in the manual http://forums.toshiba.com/tshb/attac.../1/Z930_EN.pdf page 4-24, Section System recovery Options. The tool told me that the recovery partition is empty (or something like this) and the recovery cannot be performed. I definitely did not erase it and do not how it can be. Then there was an option to erase sdd and I thought that this might help (don't ask me why) and that the tool would erase everything but the recovery partition. So, I chose it.

Now I have the frozen screen with "Toshiba Leading Innovation" and cannot enter any menu neither by pressing 0, nor by holding F8. I cannon restart the laptop, it seems that it simply fall asleep when I press the power button.

Please, help me to recover the system.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?85931-Portege-Z930-stucks-at-Toshiba-screen-OS-does-not-boot
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello all,
I've got a Toshiba Port?g? R700-195. The cable between the screen and the motherboard is riven . I'd like to know where i could find one.

Thanks

A:Portg R700- Searching for screen to motherboard cable

Hi

I guess you can order such cable directly from Toshiba authorized service partner in your country.

But also some independent computer part reseller / online dealer should be able to provide such cables?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?80363-Portg-R700-Searching-for-screen-to-motherboard-cable
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello everybody,
Here is my problem: two days ago my Toshiba Portege Z30-A suddenly switched off and when it reactivated instead of showing the usual Windows homepage it showed a black screen with these lines written:

"Intel (R) Boot Agent GE v1.5.43
Copyright (C) 1997-2013 Intel Corporation

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent.
Insert system disk in drive.
Press any key when ready...."

And anytime I switch it on it shows this screen again.
Why is it like that? What should I do?

Thank you very much,
Stefano

A:Portege Z30-A - PXE Media test failure, check cable

Looks like the system does not recognize your ssd anymore. Usually the harddrive/ssd is the first bootdevice and if it is empty or not present, it will skip to usb or networkboot. PXE = networkboot

Try to boot with a live-stick and check, if you can access your SSD. Also ckeck, if the bios/efi does recognize the drive.

Worst case: All your data is lost... (i hope you've got a backup)
the good thing: This issue should be covered by warranty! If you're still in the first year and registered for the reliability guarantee, you get your repaired notebook and all your money back. xD

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?88498-Portege-Z30-A-PXE-Media-test-failure-check-cable
Relevancy 56.33%

On Portege R930-122 toshiba Value added package reports during installation regDB get item failed.

Starting changing or remove SW procedure leads to same report.
Toshiba Flash cards program is installed, but function keys enabling on disabling leads no difference (no function keys).

Toshiba accessibility reports: this system cannot make use of Toshiba accessibility.

Function keys have worked until I updated some Toshiba and Intel video driver packages, but cannot find which one is causing this.

Do you happen to know where to look?

A:Portege R930-122 - Toshiba VAP REGDB Get Item failed Win7 Pro 64 bit

Hi

Without the good working Toshiba VAP, other Toshiba software would not work correctly.
Therefore it?s important to get the VAP package working before starting the installation of other Toshiba software!

From my point of few you should update the Win 7 to the latest state before starting the software installation. The Win 7 SP1 should be installed before starting the additional software.

I found some installation instruction and the proper order:

Windows 7 Win7 SP1
.Net Framework 4.0 [TRO]
Intel Chipset SW Installation Utility 9.3.0.1020
Intel Management Engine Interface 8.00.03.1427
Intel AMT Software 8.00.03.1427
Intel Display Driver 8.15.10.2712
TOSHIBA Intelligent Display Management v1.0.3.0
Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver 11.0.0.1032
Intel Rapid Start Technology Software 1.0.0.1022
ALPS Pointing Device Driver v7.x6.303.214
Synaptics Touch Pad Driver 15.3.27.1
Realtek Audio Driver 6.0.1.6591
SRS Premium Sound 3D 1.12.1800
Intel LAN Driver 16.8.46
Intel Wireless LAN Driver 15.1.0.21.1
Intel Proset 15.1.0.0.2.s32
Intel Wireless Display 3.0.13.0
Bluetooth Monitor v4.08
Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba v9.00.03T
USB3.0 Driver 2.1.28.0
Intel USB3.0 Driver 1.0.4.220
Ericsson 3G driver 7.1.0.3
Ericsson Wireless Manager 7.1.0.2
O2Micro Smart Card Reader Driver
Ricoh Card Reader 2.15.17.02
USB-Serial Driver V1.3.0
TOSHIBA Value Added Package 1.6.0027.320202
TOSHIBA Fingerprint Utility V2.0.0.9
TOSHIBA Web Camera Application V2.0.3.33
PatchFiles PCIIDEREG-1.2
PatchFiles TosVolRegulator_1.1
PatchFiles TBMINITREG-1.0T

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?80413-Portege-R930-122-Toshiba-VAP-REGDB-Get-Item-failed-Win7-Pro-64-bit
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Toshiba Portege Z835 P330 ultrabook. I accidently broke the old screen and ordered a replacement from laptopscreen.com My original 14" screen was a samsung model. The one laptopscreen.com sent me was an LG. The First LG screen I received partially worked as in I could see graphics, but no backlight. I sent the screen back for an exchange, and they mailed me a replacement. Same problem: Graphics, but no backlight at all. I am perplexed. What could the issue be? I've quadruple checked the connection and restarted the laptop multiple times. It doesn't appear the video cable is damaged.

The Samsung model # of my original screen is LTN133AT25-T01
The LG Model # of the "compatible" replacement is LP133WH2

Any insight would be appreciated as im not looking forward to hashing it out with the laptopscreen.com tech anymore. Thanks

A:Backlight not working on replacement LED Screen Toshiba Portege z835

There are two types of laptop LCD displays: older versions that use a separate fluorescent backlight bulb with an inverter, and newer models that use a true LED backlight integral with the display screen.
Do you know which type your laptop uses? Pure LED backlit screens with have only one ribbon cable to it. CCFL screens will have a second connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/288236-backlight-not-working-replacement-led-screen-toshiba-portege-z835.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everyone,

I've just upgraded my Toshiba Portege r830 pt320a-06k031 from win7 pro to Win10.
I installed all the needed drivers (win7 pro version) and the system is faster and very stable: I am really impressed!.

The only things I found not 100% compatible is the "Toshiba Fingerprint Utility", that adds 2 weird extra icons to my logon screen, both of them aliases of my 2 local users.

It is high probable that some newer and win10 compatible laptops, are using a "Toshiba Fingerprint Utility" vesion compatibile with my R380; could you help me to find out which one?

Thank you in advance!
Simone

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91311-Portege-R830-pt320a-Toshiba-Fingerprint-Utility-for-Win10
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

I want to update my laptop bios 3.40 with the version (BIOS_V390_ECV160_WIN) , it shows me an error message :
TOSHIBA BIOS Package Ver.4.2.1

"This computer in not supported"

Why!!!!!

A:Re: Bios update Toshiba Portg R830-1DR (PT321E-0G401EFR)

Check this thread:
http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=65519

try the update to v3.60 before trying the v3.90

By the way: Does VAP (value added package) is installed properly? This package is very important for BIOS update

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?68464-Re-Bios-update-Toshiba-Portg-R830-1DR-(PT321E-0G401EFR)