Windows Support Forum

Black desktop, no icons, no taskbar even after windows reinstall

Q: Black desktop, no icons, no taskbar even after windows reinstall

Desperate situation here I have WIN SP After logon the desktop is black with no icons There is reinstall Black no desktop, even windows after icons, no taskbar no taskbar no start button The shortcuts WIN R WIN E WIN F etc are not working The problem is also there in safe mode I read many things about explorer exe being corrupted or infected My C Windows explorer exe file is bytes I tried many suggestions -I made sure there are no multiple displays in Display settings -I updated and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware -I did a system restore -I run SFC SCANNOW and took quot Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them quot but in the log file CBS Log I found only errors quot Cannot repair member file quot about wmp dll of Windows Media Player so I did nothing cause Windows Media Player is irrelevant -I even did a windows reinstall but the problem is still there btw since then Black desktop, no icons, no taskbar even after windows reinstall windows fails to install many updates including IE so I now have IE -I deleted the quot iexplorer exe quot in key quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Black desktop, no icons, no taskbar even after windows reinstall Image File Execution options quot there was no quot explorer exe quot key to delete -I made sure the value in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon Shell is Explorer exe -I did a Quick Scan with a Windows Defender Offline cd and found nothing -I created a new Windows user Nothing worked I cannot work on my pc and I am really desperate

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Black desktop, no icons, no taskbar even after windows reinstall

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Black desktop, no icons, no taskbar even after windows reinstall

Quote:

I even did a windows reinstall, but the problem is still there! (btw, since then, windows fails to install many updates including IE11, so I now have IE8)

You reinstalled Windows and have a black screen, can't open programs how are you running Windows update?

Brand and model of the PC?

Did you reinstall using a Windows disc or a recovery partition on the hard drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-desktop-no-icons-no-taskbar-even-after-windows-reinstall-895994.html
Relevancy 86.18%

Desperate situation here I have WIN SP After logon the desktop is black with no icons There is no taskbar no start button The shortcuts WIN R WIN E WIN F etc are not working The no Black after no windows desktop, even reinstall taskbar icons, problem is also there in safe mode I read many things about explorer exe being corrupted or infected My C Windows explorer exe file is bytes I tried many suggestions -I made sure there are no multiple displays in Display settings -I updated and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware -I did a system restore -I run Black desktop, no icons, no taskbar even after windows reinstall SFC SCANNOW and took quot Windows Resource Protection Black desktop, no icons, no taskbar even after windows reinstall found corrupt files but was unable Black desktop, no icons, no taskbar even after windows reinstall to fix some of them quot but in the log file CBS Log I found only errors quot Cannot repair member file quot about wmp dll of Windows Media Player so I did nothing cause Windows Media Player is irrelevant -I even did a windows reinstall but the problem is still there btw since then windows fails to install many updates including IE so I now have IE -I deleted the quot iexplorer exe quot in key quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Image File Execution options quot there was no quot explorer exe quot key to delete -I made sure the value in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon Shell is Explorer exe -I did a Quick Scan with a Windows Defender Offline cd and found nothing -I created a new Windows user Nothing worked I cannot work on my pc and I am really desperate

A:Black desktop, no icons, no taskbar even after windows reinstall

As you have tried many things that i would suggest, i am wondering if the disk you are using to install the updates is corrupt?

Have you to tried to use another disk?

I can provide you with the links if needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346318-black-desktop-no-icons-no-taskbar-even-after-windows-reinstall.html
Relevancy 86.18%

Desperate situation here I have WIN SP After logon the desktop is black with no icons There is no taskbar no start button The shortcuts WIN R WIN E WIN F etc are not Black reinstall no no windows even after taskbar icons, desktop, working The problem is also there in safe mode I read many things about explorer exe being corrupted or infected My Black desktop, no icons, no taskbar even after windows reinstall C Windows explorer exe file is bytes I tried many suggestions -I made sure there are no multiple displays in Display settings -I updated and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware -I did a system restore -I run SFC SCANNOW and took Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them but in the log file CBS Log I found only errors Cannot repair member file about wmp dll of Windows Media Player so I did nothing cause Windows Media Player is irrelevant -I even did a windows reinstall but the problem is still there btw since then windows fails to install many updates including IE so I now have IE -I deleted the iexplorer exe in key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Image File Execution options there was no explorer exe key to delete -I made sure the value in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon Shell is Explorer exe -I did a Quick Scan with a Windows Defender Offline cd and found nothing -I created a new Windows user Nothing worked I cannot work on my pc and I am really desperate

A:Black desktop, no icons, no taskbar even after windows reinstall

I would say try another reinstall, but Im not sure if thats the case here. I have had several times when my computer would just do all this weird crap right after a reinstall sometimes. But I never heard of a iexplorer.exe being 2kb....

Sorry forgot to read the bottom, I dont know

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549229/black-desktop-no-icons-no-taskbar-even-after-windows-reinstall/
Relevancy 85.25%

Desperate situation here I have WIN SP After logon the desktop is black with no icons There is no taskbar no start button The shortcuts WIN R WIN E WIN F etc are not working The problem is also there in safe mode I read many things about explorer exe being corrupted or infected My C Windows explorer exe file is bytes I tried many suggestions -I made sure there are no multiple displays in Display settings -I updated and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware -I did a system restore -I run SFC even after reinstall windows no icons, desktop, Solved: no Black taskbar SCANNOW and took quot Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them quot but in the log file CBS Log I found Solved: Black desktop, no icons, no taskbar even after windows reinstall only errors quot Cannot repair member file quot about wmp dll of Windows Media Player so I did nothing cause Solved: Black desktop, no icons, no taskbar even after windows reinstall Windows Media Player is irrelevant -I even did a windows reinstall but the problem is still there btw since then windows fails Solved: Black desktop, no icons, no taskbar even after windows reinstall to install many updates including IE so I now have IE -I deleted the quot iexplorer exe quot in key quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Image File Execution options quot there was no quot explorer exe quot key to delete -I made sure the value in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon Shell is Explorer exe -I did a Quick Scan with a Windows Defender Offline cd and found nothing -I created a new Windows user Nothing worked I cannot work on my pc and I am really desperate nbsp

A:Solved: Black desktop, no icons, no taskbar even after windows reinstall

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-desktop-no-icons-no-taskbar-even-after-windows-reinstall.1133995/
Relevancy 92.02%

My laptop screen hang and i got a message saying "the windows is not responding" and there were two options given,1:close the program 2:wait for the program to respond.So,i clicked close the program.But then the screen is still not responding,so i manually shut down my laptop.
when i logged on to my laptop,my desktop is totally black,no icons,i can see the taskbar and start menu,i can browse firefox,but when click to open my document folder or my computer folder,there is just no response,anything in the start menu is unable to be opened. I had tried the method which is to exit the explorer then create a new explorer,but the problem is remained...
can someone help me with this?
thanks a lot.

A:Desktop totally black, icons gone, taskbar visible, can't browse computer in Windows

If you can use sytem restore from one week before the problem
If you cannot access SystemRestore, try in safe mode
System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/282642-desktop-totally-black-icons-gone-taskbar-visible-cant-browse-computer-windows.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Long Story Short. My Desktop is black, there is no taskbar or icons, only my mouse shows. I can Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up task manager and i looked up on my friends computer that Run new task explorer.exe will start everything up. But when i tried it it says 'We could not laucnh explorer.exe because it has a virus. So I need help

A:Black Desktop No Taskbar/icons

My Explorer.exe is infected with a trojan horse...
This means my icons and startbar dont show up...
At the moment im using task manager to bring up Www.google.ca and my Avast scanner...
I used avast to scan my C:/Windows files and it showed 10 threats but it could only repair 1 which did nothing... The rest were errors.
Im looking at other forums at the moment but they are slightly different then my problem or just dont help...
For some reason i cannot use system restore cause theres an error from a past problem
My Safe Mode works fine and all but yea nothing works!
HELP PLEASE

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/black-desktop-no-taskbar-icons-514810.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello I have been having a problem with Disk Doctor since pm today Dec I tried putting the computer into safe mode and running rkill which came up with nothing I then tried running malwarebytes Quick Scan which also found nothing Everytime I would log onto my computer Toshiba Satellite Laptop the Disk No Screen - Present malware Doctor Desktop Icons - been Have - Taskbar removing Black Disk Doctor malware would start up not letting me access anything else and coming up with a ton of popups saying quot critical error quot and other things I opened it up back in safe mode I tried a full scan of malwarebytes and after an hour and a half it still found nothing I tried searching for the files manually and could not find most if any of them In safe mode I reinstalled rkill and ran it a few times It picked up one finding WINDOWS system wbem wmipruse exe I reinstalled malwarebytes in and updated and launched the program It came back with findings within minutes all of which I removed Now I am able to start the computer in normal mode The first time I was able to do this I received Have been removing Disk Doctor malware - Black Screen - No Desktop Icons - Taskbar Present a message stating quot Cannot find file C Windowslis-B LE exe Make sure to type the name correctly then try again To search for a file click the start button and then click search quot The computer now opens and starts without that warning However I have a BLACK SCREEN with no wallpaper and ALL THE DESKTOP ICONS HAVE DISAPPEARED I have a task bar where I can launch everything through start I can access my desktop icons through start gt desktop but I would like a way to get my icons back I would also like to know if I am fully rid of the malware or if it is still lurking Could anybody help me with this I can provide logs if needed THANK YOU

A:Have been removing Disk Doctor malware - Black Screen - No Desktop Icons - Taskbar Present

Welcome bbcoast -I would suggest that you follow the instructions inThis Guide Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ->HERE - Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.If you can , produce at least some of the logs , then please create the new topic.Thank You -EDITED for Spelling -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364781/have-been-removing-disk-doctor-malware-black-screen-no-desktop-icons-taskbar-present/
Relevancy 75.68%

When I start Windows only the wallpaper shows up there are no icons or task bar This is a newer HP desktop computer only months old and has very little use and almost nothing loaded on it The problem is intermittent Somethings it boots normally with full icons and taskbar but the problem returns in a day or two or the next time I restart the computer I have seen on other posts to check whether quot explorer exe quot is running Have checked Task Manager and it is Antivirus Programs all up to date and run several times with no issues in safe mode Microsoft Security Essentials AVG Malwarebytes CCleaner Have run System Restore to times sometimes will restore to normal for a day or two then problem returns most times still no icons or taskbar Have run System Restore Check Disk Can anyone help When Googled I see this issue with XP computers but not much with Windows x Thanks

A:Windows 7 - There are No Icons or Taskbar on my Desktop

I hope you are not running MSE and AVG at the same time, is not recomended to have to antivirus programs running at the same time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/228301-windows-7-there-no-icons-taskbar-my-desktop.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello all I am encountering an issue where windows seems to load and run fine with starts, icons desktop but no taskbar Windows or the exception that the task bar and any desktop items do not appear with the exception of my wallpaper I am able to open task manager and was able to run iexplore through there I have ran HijackThis and the log is below If anyone has ANY ideas on what I could do to resolve this it would be greatly appreciated I am running XP sp but other than Windows starts, but no taskbar or desktop icons that I don t know much off hand If there are any commands I can run that will get me any info needed just let me know and I ll do that Again any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Mike Here is the log from HijackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system lxdvcoms exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VAIO VEDB Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment VzRs VzRs exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook AOLSearchHook Class - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AOL AOL Search Enhancement AOLSearch dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO AOL Search Enhancement - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AOL AOL Search Enhancement AOLSearch dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run AzMixerSel C Program Files Realtek InstallShield AzMixerSel exe O - HKLM Run VAIO Recovery C WINDOWS Sonysys VAIO Recovery PartSeal exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run TVTunerLib C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared TVTunerLib TVTLInstTool exe O - HKLM Run SonyPowerCfg C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe O - HKLM Run ISBMgr exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe O - H... Read more

A:Windows starts, but no taskbar or desktop icons

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!

You have or had some Malicious software on your machine. What steps have you taken?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-starts-but-no-taskbar-or-desktop-icons.796090/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello My windows xp sp is now booting without a taskbar and desktop icons I have run Avast and malwarebytes and taskbar NO or to desktop Icons Windows boots nothing was found So I ran combofix before I saw all the warnings the log is attached Windows boots to NO taskbar or desktop Icons see anything Any help would be greatly appreciated ComboFix - - - Alan Foral - x Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running from c documents and settings Alan Foral Desktop ComboFix exeAV avast Antivirus On-access scanning disabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D WARNING -THIS MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE THE RECOVERY CONSOLE INSTALLED Other Deletions c documents and settings Alan Foral g mdlhlpx exec program files filesubmitc program files filesubmit Tng Theme Tng Theme zipc windows system datc windows Windows boots to NO taskbar or desktop Icons system azip dllc windows system ccrpTmr dllc windows system drivers npf sysc windows system dzgtactx dllc windows system Packet dllc windows system systemc windows system WanPacket dllc windows system wpcap dll Drivers Services ------- Legacy NPF------- Legacy SSHNAS------- Service NPF Files Created from - - to - - - - - - ----a-w- c windows Alcmtr exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Alan Foral gem - - - - -------- d-----w- C Ruby - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows hsperfdata Alan Foral - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Aptana - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Alan Foral editrocket - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Alan Foral rs - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files EditRocket - - - - ----a-w- c program files Mozilla Firefox plugins nprjplug dll - - - - ----a-w- c program files Mozilla Firefox plugins nppl dll - - - - ----a-w- c program files Mozilla Firefox plugins nprpjplug dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Common Files xing shared - - - - ----a-w- c program files Internet Explorer Plugins RichFX Player nprfxins dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files real - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Vectorian Inc - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings NetworkService Local Settings Application Data smscut - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files EmailLock - - - - -------- d-----w- C tmp - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data FreeHideIP - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Alan Foral Application Data FreeHideIP - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files WinSCP - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data VanDyke - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Offline Explorer - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Alan Foral Application Data Offline Explorer - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Offline Explorer Pro - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers aswFsBlk sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers aswSP sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers aswRdr sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers aswTdi sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers aswmon sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers aswmon sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers aavmker sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows avastSS scr - - - - ----a-w- c windows system aswBoot exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data Alwil Software - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files TuneUpMedia - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Alan Foral Application Data TuneUpMedia - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data TuneUpMedia - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files iPod - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files iTunes - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Alan Foral Local Settings Application Data MozSwing - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files SEO PowerSuite - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Alan Foral Local Settings Application Data TechSmith - - - - ----a-w- c windows system tsccvid dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c windo... Read more

A:Windows boots to NO taskbar or desktop Icons

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
explorer.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stop
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/354362/windows-boots-to-no-taskbar-or-desktop-icons/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello I am posting by using an friend s PC At startup my PC sometimes doesn t display any Icons and the taskbar is absent Desktop and Taskbar XP Windows Icons missing Also Right-Click doesn t work Usually by restarting my PC a few times it works Unfortunately today i restarted it around times Windows XP Desktop Icons and Taskbar missing and its still the same problem Don t worry I have enough brain to google my situation But unfortunately none of the solutions worked for me This is what I tried and none of them works Open up Task Manager- gt Process Tab- gt select explorer exe - gt End Process- gt File- gt New Task- gt explorer exe Enter Safe Mode and use the Windows System Restore to an older date Note The desktop Windows XP Desktop Icons and Taskbar missing here and Taskbar works fine in Safe Mode But since Safe Mode is limited I doesn t help me to use it Windows XP Desktop Icons and Taskbar missing as default duh Create a new User for the PC Note Desktop icons and Taskbar doesn t show up This doesn t work because it gets stuck at adding some preferences when starting It just gets stuck to an non responding state And if I end the application explorer exe shuts down too Also if I open up explorer exe this application comes and gets stuck again Copy and Paste explorer exe into the WINDOWS folder then rename it into explorer exe- gt new task on the Task Manager- gt regedit exe- gt after some paths edit the Shell thing from Explorer exe to Explorer exe quot option Note the explorer exe process is changed to explorer exe but it has the same effect Copy the explorer exe file from another PC and use it to the broken PC Additional Notes to my problem a I cannot open any folder using commands My Computer WINDOWS folder etc This will just bring another explorer exe next to the other one then nothing happens b I can open an browser but it says that I don t have internet for some reason c Control Panel doesn t open using the command Control exe but its features Add Remove Programs System Properties etc work fine by opening using commands d I repeat this is an old problem but restarting the PC a few times fixed it This is an urgent problem I need the PC fixed as soon as possible I would prefer to not format my PC So are there any other solutions beside this Thank you for your time reading OS I m using Windows XP Home Edition SP P S I am not an native English speaker so please excuse my bad grammar nbsp

A:Windows XP Desktop Icons and Taskbar missing

Try Restore Desktop Icons and Taskbar.

Download the .vbs file and save it to your hard drive.

Double-click the .vbs file. You will be prompted when the script is done.

Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-desktop-icons-and-taskbar-missing.1058260/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello,

I am having the problem of windows booting to NO taskbar or desktop icons, I have run malware bytes and Avast5 and there os no reported problems.

Sadly I have run combofix before I saw all the warnings NOT to do that....WHY?

I have the log report is anyone willing to explain why one should not run combofix?

Any assistance would greatly be appreciated!!

A:Windows boots to NO taskbar or desktop icons

Hello,is anyone willing to explain why one should not run combofix?Sure. To quote Papakid:Running ComboFix by yourself is like performing open heart surgery on yourself--the scalpel and other surgical tools that is ComboFix is meant to be wielded by a highly trained surgeon only in emergencies or dire circumstances. When the surgeon is thru s/he leaves the room. So combofix should be removed from a system once it has accomplished its job, unlike an AV that is there to protect you from future infections.. . . CF does make some alterations to your system if you run it. Even if you had no malware removed and run the uninstall command, some things may be different now on your system. I can tell you that one thing is that all your restore points will be flushed out and a new one created. There is a good reason to do that when you have a severe infection--but if you aren't infected you might need those restore points.That said, please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Since you have run ComboFix, please include the ComboFix log in the new topic. Please be sure to include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.If you cannot produce any of the other logs, then please create the new topic anyway, include the information that you were unable to produce the other logs and why and include the ComboFix log along with a description of your computer issues.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/354349/windows-boots-to-no-taskbar-or-desktop-icons/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,

I am facing this problem with my laptop. It seems it has something to do with the Winfixer problem.

I am unable to see any of my desktop icons or the taskbar. Neither can I right click on my desktop. It has totally deactivated. I am using my laptop through the task manager-->New Task option. Please help as I have tried to work on it and have finally given up.

Annie

A:Desktop icons and taskbar disappeared [MOVED FROM WINDOWS]

A temporary solution may be task manager, new task, then type "explorer".
That should bring up the familiar windows explorer so you can don't have to use task manager all the time. As for why this has happened, not sure, will look up your particular problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/desktop-icons-and-taskbar-disappeared-moved-from-windows-175770.html
Relevancy 73.96%

My son gave me his Presario 700 laptop. Yesterday I turned it on and all it would do is go to the wallpaper and then nothing. I do not get any icons or start button. I was able to get on line by going to the ctrl,alt,del and getting the task window and doing a search.

I can not find the restore disk and my son is in Irag, so I can not ask him where it is. My question is, is there a way to restore by using the task window to find the file?

Thanks,
Armymom

A:Windows desktop doesn`t show. No icons or taskbar etc.

Is this Windows XP? I guess what you could do is search for rstrui.exe, it's the system restore utility, and try that out. You can find it in C:\Windows\system32\Restore (at least on my computer.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-desktop-doesn-t-show-no-icons-or-taskbar-etc.57813/
Relevancy 73.1%

(Note: I don't know whether this problem involves malware or not, so I made the exact same thread in the Hijack This Forum also)

My computer uses Windows XP with McAfee Security Center.

When I turned my computer on yesterday the loading process stopped before it would run after it got to my background. Thus, the CPU stops as if everything is done loading and the startup process has finished, but my taskbar and desktop icons don't appear. Windows Task Manager is the only thing that I can get to appear.

Through Windows Task Manager I can perform tasks with CTRL-ALT-DEL, so I am able to access the internet and Hijack This. System Restore hasn't worked to fix the problem either, as I've done it 3 times and it hasn't helped. I think I have the same problem as this guy:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/806318-no-icons-no-taskbar-no.html

Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 73.1%

My computer uses Windows XP with McAfee Security Center When I turned my computer on yesterday the loading process stopped before it would run after it got to my Icons Incomplete and Not Restart/Taskbar Desktop Windows Loading background Thus the CPU stops as if everything is done loading and the startup process has finished but my taskbar and desktop icons don t appear Windows Task Manager is the only thing that I can get to appear Through Windows Task Manager I can perform tasks with CTRL-ALT-DEL so I am able to access the internet and Hijack This System Restore hasn t worked to fix the problem either I m assuming something malignant that McAfee can t detect has gotten into my system Here s my Hijack This Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system acs exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS runservice exe C Program Files McAfee MBK MBackMonitor exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent Incomplete Windows Restart/Taskbar and Desktop Icons Not Loading exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS System svchost Incomplete Windows Restart/Taskbar and Desktop Icons Not Loading exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis hijackthis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Incomplete Windows Restart/Taskbar and Desktop Icons Not Loading Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO ff fdcc- af -dd - f - c e aa db - bd aa -e c - f - dd- fa ccdf ff - C WINDOWS system egnjkuta dll file missing O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c Program Files BAE BAE dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run DMXLauncher C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe O - HKLM Run CTDVDDET quot C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE quot O - HKLM Run VolPanel quot C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanel exe quot r O - HKLM Run AudioDrvEmulator quot C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe quot - AudioDrvEmulator quot C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader Audio Emulator AudDrvEm dll quot O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot c Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run DLA C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE O - HKLM Run Google Desktop S... Read more

A:Incomplete Windows Restart/Taskbar and Desktop Icons Not Loading

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/806318-no-icons-no-taskbar-no.html

I'm having the same problem as that guy. Except System Restore is not working for me (I've tried it three times)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/incomplete-windows-restart-taskbar-and-desktop-icons-not-loading.808589/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi,
I'm running a Dell Inspiron 6400 with Windows XP Home on it.
My problem is as such:
When ever I close an explorer window, the taskbar and desktop icons disappear for a few seconds...Its quite annoying, and it also closes any other Windows I have open.
Programs don't seem to be affected...

Has anyone come across this problem? And are there any solutions?
Much thanks for any help rendered.

A:Taskbar and Desktop Icons Dissapear After Closing Explorer Windows.

*bump*
Can no one help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskbar-and-desktop-icons-dissapear-after-closing-explorer-windows.601650/
Relevancy 71.81%

All of a sudden the following symptoms (all at the same time)::
1. Taskbar icons gone (replaced by a neutral identical icon) except Edge and Store
2. In File Explorer, no longer thumbnails, no icons either, simply blank, but names show
3. All desktop icons gone; but their names still show and they "work"
4. When I rightclick to "Properties" (on desktop icons, or File Explorer items) nothing happens
5. Control Panel no longer shows icons, names only
Seems rather dramatic.... Anybody any idea?

A:Thumbnails, desktop icons, taskbar icons gone, Properties doesnt work

Please try to right click on the start icon and select Command prompt administrator, give admin permissions and copy/paste this into the window that opens and press enter sfc /scannow . If you decide to type it in, please notice the space between the sfc and the /. We want it to say no integrity violations were found. If it says there where corrupt files that could not be repaired, please reboot and run it again. You may have to run it 3 times with reboots in between each time. See if this helps.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38067-thumbnails-desktop-icons-taskbar-icons-gone-properties-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 71.81%

All of a sudden the following symptoms (all at the same time)::
1. Taskbar icons gone (replaced by a neutral identical icon) except Edge and Store
2. In File Explorer, no longer thumbnails, no icons either, simply blank, but names show
3. All desktop icons gone; but their names still show and they "work"
4. When I rightclick to "Properties" (on desktop icons, or File Explorer items) nothing happens
5. Control Panel no longer shows icons, names only
Seems rather dramatic.... Anybody any idea?

A:Tumbnails, desktop icons, taskbar icons gone, Properties doesnt work

Please try to right click on the start icon and select Command prompt administrator, give admin permissions and copy/paste this into the window that opens and press enter sfc /scannow . If you decide to type it in, please notice the space between the sfc and the /. We want it to say no integrity violations were found. If it says there where corrupt files that could not be repaired, please reboot and run it again. You may have to run it 3 times with reboots in between each time. See if this helps.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38067-tumbnails-desktop-icons-taskbar-icons-gone-properties-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have removed the visible shortcut arrow on shortcut icons.
This has the consequence of turning all the icons black.

Is it possible to restore the icons without having to re-initialize the visible shortcut arrow?

And secondly please how do I re-initialize the visible shortcut arrow?

A:I have black squares over my Windows 7 desktop icons.

Welcome to the Seven Forums

See if this tutorial will help Shortcut Arrow - Change, Remove, or Restore

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/385043-i-have-black-squares-over-my-windows-7-desktop-icons.html
Relevancy 71.38%
Relevancy 70.09%

About months ago my computer started starting up and only showing my background It didn t the taskbar or any of my desktop icons This only happened every once and a while so I just ignored it for the most part I could get the taskbar and icons back sometimes by starting up a program using the task manager logging off and logging back on using the task manager or just shutting down my computer by holding in the power button for a few seconds The power button was the only way that worked all the time to get my desktop back to normal Also the task manager wouldn t work at shutting down the computer by command so holding in the power button was the only way to restart it when it does this Starting about a week ago I disappear USB icons cannot device, and occasionally Cannot to and windows access when... update, connect desktop removable taskbar cannot access my mp player all of a sudden My mp player does connect it shows the USB icon on task bar and mp player screen lights up to show it s connected Whenever I go into my computer the drive that the mp player is suppose to be doesn t show up and when I type in the address it gives a pop-up saying the drive is inaccessible I ve had my mp player for - years and have connected it regularly in the past and have never had this type of problem Also I have managed to connect Cannot access removable USB device, cannot connect to windows update, and taskbar and desktop icons occasionally disappear when... it to my mother s computer without any problems just today so it proves it isn t my mp player that s causing the problem days ago I got some sort of error while trying to load a website I don t recall the exact message and haven t gotten another one since but it mentioned something about Win The website worked after refreshing the page and I haven t gotten that problem since Another problem I m having which I just noticed today is that I am having trouble connecting to windows update It isn t displaying the webpage It only tries to load the site for like seconds I did notice something about DNS error I believe it said but it came up and disappeared rather quickly and didn t come up in a pop-up The error only showed down in the bottom bar thing while it was trying to load the page Windows update is the only page that s not able to be displayed and there is no problem with my internet connection Also I checked on my mother s computer and her windows update is working fine so it isn t a website problem As far as I ve seen those are the only problems as of now Now to explain what I have tried to do to fix it on my own I have run check disk I have run a virus scan AVG free antivirus and immediately afterwards I ran a malware scan malwarebytes anti-malware and removed all malware and viruses detected I also attempted to restore my computer to days ago February st and it didn t fix any of the problems I could really use help on this Also I m not very computer savvy so I m going to need as simple instructions as possible on how to resolve this problem

A:Cannot access removable USB device, cannot connect to windows update, and taskbar and desktop icons occasionally disappear when...

ok i managed to get a look at the full error message thing with my windows update. It gave me this loading info.

res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm...

that's all it gave though. And also i'm not sure if this is related but everytime i start up my internet it opens up a second window for some google work-at-home like thing. I usually close it out immediately. I don't have anything as far as i know telling my internet to do that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377662/cannot-access-removable-usb-device-cannot-connect-to-windows-update-and-taskbar-and-desktop-icons-occasionally-disappear-when-first-started-up/
Relevancy 69.66%

What is the advantages of having icons in your Taskbar rather then on your Desktop...

Relevancy 69.66%

I have been having CPU issues at I contacted except on GONE: background blank Desktop icons,taskbar,Start desktop Menu photo HP com Desktop icons,taskbar,Start Menu GONE: blank desktop except photo on background support and the last suggestion they suggested was to update the video card driver I have a Nividia GSForce MX Compaq Computer They sent me to a link to their ftp site and I followed the instructions to download install and do a restart When I restarted there were no desktop icons It probably means that whatever files are damaged are preventing the startup from finishing The normal internet programs that launch upon starting up the computer are not launched and I have to manually launch them by finding them I tried doing a last known good configuiration and when that failed in safe mode I couldn t access the Start Menu to do a system restore I tried rolling back the driver to the previous one to no avail I called HP and of course they wanted to charge me since it is out of warranty I said it was their file and I asked for a supervisor who told the tech to tell me the same thing So I was stuck with chat support We were able to try the system restore which didn t work I went to Control Panel and tried cliking on Taskbar or Start Menu but nothing happens HP sent me links for some patches HP said in an email quot Based on the information that I gathered from the chat session gt gt gt gt To resolve the issue Please follow these steps gt gt gt gt Please run this patch Please save the file on the desktop then install gt gt it gt gt gt gt http www kellys-korner-xp com regs edits enabledisabledesktopicons vbs gt gt gt gt The URL above will take you to a non HP Web site HP does not control gt gt and is not responsible for information outside of the HP Web site gt gt gt gt You can also visit the following weblink to download Windows XP TweakUI gt gt power toys utility gt gt gt gt http download microsoft com downl a -b - afb a TweakUiPowertoySetup exe gt gt gt gt Once you have downloaded and run the TweakUI you can access it by going gt gt to Start gt All programs gt TweakUI gt gt gt gt In the TweakUI window select repair and then select rebuilt icons and gt gt click on repair This utility will repair the corrupted system icons quot In Task Manager there is no explorer exe i downloaded and tried to install them but I can t see them anywhere since I can t see a thing on the desktop If I try to see All Programs Start Menu from the folders on the desktop it isn t there So I am not sure if either or both of those patches are installed HP also had be go into the registry to look for some files but I couldn t locate them They wanted me to put in the recovery CD but I don t want to lose all of the programs and applications from the past years I have backed up everything including my operating system Windows XP SP on Acronis True Image with a full backup and incremental backups the past weeks so maybe whatever is missing we can get from the backup on my Western Digital External hard drive I last did an incremental backup on Sat and so I know the computer was working fine other than the CPU rising to at times when viewing DVDs or video content on Internet Explorer I tried doing a system restore again from the day before the last configuartion point to no avail I hope someone can assist me in fixing this The only way I am able to use the computer is by bringing up the task manager going to File new task typing in iexplore and then changing that to desktop I am then able to use the computer but it is kinda like traveling from California to the East Coast on a donkey Please help me fix this Thank you to all Is there any way to copy those missing files from Windows XP from the Acronis incremental backup to fix this problem I don t know how many files are missing All I know is that the computer was working perfectly fine except for the known CPU issue prior to downloading their provided video driver file which they said came from the manufactur... Read more

A:Desktop icons,taskbar,Start Menu GONE: blank desktop except photo on background

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-icons-taskbar-start-menu-gone-blank-desktop-except-photo-on-background.620957/
Relevancy 69.23%

hi i use windows xp service pack am facing a really annoying problem and would love it if someone helps me gt lt I remember few days ago my kaspersky identified some system file as a trojan so it probably a misunderstanding when i was installing system mechanic it got deleted and i have this automatic option to delete them after they are put in backup in kaspersky now whenever i open my pc my desktop and taskbar and start menu etc goes away after a few seconds Now i rely on the task manager here s the Hijack log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Common Files Authentium no please no right taskbar,no no clicking desktop help! icons, start on menu, desktop AntiVirus dvpapi exe C Program Files iolo common lib no desktop icons, no taskbar,no start menu, no right clicking on desktop please help! ioloServiceManager exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C no desktop icons, no taskbar,no start menu, no right clicking on desktop please help! Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Registry Helper RegistryHelper exe C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run NBKeyScan quot C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBKeyScan exe quot O - HKLM Run iolo AntiVirus quot C Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional AntiVirus ioloAV exe quot O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKLM Run iolo Personal Firewall quot C Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional Personal Firewall ioloFW exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload amp with BitComet - res C Program File... Read more

A:no desktop icons, no taskbar,no start menu, no right clicking on desktop please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-desktop-icons-no-taskbar-no-start-menu-no-right-clicking-on-desktop-please-help.727766/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a large range of black and white wallpapers and my taskbar is black, but all of the colours look quite make it look quite messy. Is there something I can do without photoshopping all of the icons black and white?

For example, on my taskbar, Firefox is orange and blue. And Opera is red. I want to make them black and white.

How can I do this?

Thanks.

A:I want to make my taskbar icons black and white

Have a look at this thread,

Carbon Icons

You might even get some made for you or a direction to what you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/103551-i-want-make-my-taskbar-icons-black-white.html
Relevancy 67.08%

UPDATE I am using XP SP Firstly recently I have been experiencing a malicious weird Windows XP Fix screen came up saying there are critical errors and showed dialog box like quot in and screen desktop appears, went websites strange Windows black XP search Google to and redirects gone icons Fix results The system Windows XP Fix screen appears, icons in desktop gone and went black and Google search results redirects to strange websites has detected a problem with one or more installed IDE SATA hard disks It is recommended that you restart the system quot etc To add further pain whenever I do Google search and click one of results it redirect to strange websites and the desktop went completely blank with many files gone hidden I have tried a scan using MBAM under safe mode and removed some culprits based on search results in MBAM Windows XP Fix screen appears, icons in desktop gone and went black and Google search results redirects to strange websites and ran quot unhide quot program that bring hidden files back to visible Unfortunately after this the file icons become hidden again for second time with black desktop background every time I boot the windows xp I would appreciate if any of people here can help with this issue and the degree of assistance is much greatly appreciated Here s the log I have ran under DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Family at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C Program Files COMODO COMODO GeekBuddy CLPSLS exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k Akamai C Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exe C Program Files Common Files AVerMedia Service AVerScheduleService exe C Program Files AVerMedia AVerUpdate AVerUpdateServer exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba traybar exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Canon BJPV TVMon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Documents and Settings All Users WINDOWS Application Data DatacardService DCService exe C Program Files Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Autodesk dsMax mentalray satellite raysat dsmax server exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe C Program Files LClock LClock exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files SnugTV SnugTV Station AMAServer exe C Program Files OpenOffice org... Read more

A:Windows XP Fix screen appears, icons in desktop gone and went black and Google search results redirects to strange websites

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.I am currently assessing your situation and will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this, click Watch Topic near the top of the page, then select Immediate Notification. Click on Proceed.Please be patient with me during this time.Meanwhile, please make a reply to this topic to acknowledge that you have read this and is still with me to tackle the problem until the end. If I do not get any response within 5 days, this topic will be closed. If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/408569/windows-xp-fix-screen-appears-icons-in-desktop-gone-and-went-black-and-google-search-results-redirects-to-strange-websites/
Relevancy 66.65%

For some reason when I started up my laptop recently, all of the icons on both the taskbar and the desktop have turned invisible/disappear completely and I am unaware has to how to fix it. I have put a picture in the attachments that shows what the "icons" look like when they are highlighted and non-highlighted.

A:No icons on taskbar or desktop

Hello Rubadubblub, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if doing a system restore using a restore point (if available) dated before this happened may be able to sort it for you.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/19510-no-icons-taskbar-desktop.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Please help me with this. This morning I turned on my PC and there was no desktop icons (just one stats.php-id_n2v....which was not there before), or taskbar, just wallpaper. I tried to open task manager with ctrl+alt+del but no luck. I can right click on desktop and make shortcut, make new folder but I can not open it. I can delete it. Show desktop icons is checked.
I started my PC in safe mode, and all my files are there.
I also restored my PC to a previous point and still nothing. Just wallpaper with that one icon.
Please help me. I tried to find a solution online, but every solution includes access to task manager with ctrl+alt+del, which I can not access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-desktop-icons-no-taskbar.1044493/
Relevancy 66.65%

Everything was working fine utill i did an error checking scan Icons Taskbar And Desktop Gone. Then I restarted my comp and my desktop didnt appear Desktop Icons And Taskbar Gone. No taskbar no icons I could only see my mouse and ctrl al del and get task manager I did a system restore and i thought it fixed the problems but every time i restart my comp it goes back to the problem Same problem in safe mode as well So everytime i want to be able to use my computer i have to do a system restore any help would rock Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT system nvsvc exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC HJT HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer localhost O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - Extra context menu item amp AIM Search - res C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll aimsearch htmO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - windir bdoscandel exe file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v - d f - f - d - - c a - windir bdoscandel exe file missing O - Plugin for mpeg C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dllO - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE BDSCANONLINE Control - http download bitdefender com resources scan oscan cabO - DPF C EB-A D - B F-BD E- E C D Toontown Installer ActiveX Control - http download toontown com sv ttinst cabO - AppInit DLLs C PROGRA Google GOOGLE GOEC DLLO - Winlogon Notify WRNotifier - WRLogonNTF dll file missing O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINNT system nvsvc exeTHanks

A:Desktop Icons And Taskbar Gone.

I just realized that my HJT log is extremely short.....

is this a problem

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84102/desktop-icons-and-taskbar-gone/
Relevancy 66.65%

What the title says right after i restarted my computer the taskbar and all my destop icons were gone i still got my sidebar running but thats it. I tried right clicking my desktop nothing showed up. I would like a answer asap

A:Taskbar and Desktop icons are gone

Hello Vistaftw,

You might see if doing a System Restore using a restore point dated before this happened may be able to fix it for you.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/258403-taskbar-desktop-icons-gone.html
Relevancy 66.65%

My computer was working Taskbar and No Desktop Icons fine this morning The internet was No Desktop Icons and Taskbar a little slow though I was playing this one game that i like to play I exited out of it because one of my friends IM me I went to go play again then the game froze up on me I restarted my computer by pressing the restart button on No Desktop Icons and Taskbar the CPU When the computer finnaly got on No Desktop Icons and Taskbar i had no internet connection so i restarted my router and i tried everything that i could think of I then restarted the computer how u should do it and it took a little bit longer loading then usual When it finnaly loaded all that i could see was a background and my mouse pointer I got on my other computer which still had internet and found something that could help me It said to press ctrl-alt-dlt which i did and go to file and press start quot new task quot and type in there explorer exe and i got my taskbar and desktop icons back but i still didnt have internet connection I then tried to run my computer in safe mode and i did a system restore from yesturday when it was working fine and it still the the same thing and then i did days ago and then days ago and it didnt work I have tried all of these things but none of them have worked I also have run spybot search amp destroy adware SBC yahoo If you can help me I will try any thing

A:No Desktop Icons and Taskbar

Try restarting the computer again. If the taskbar does not appear when you restart then you may have something interrupting the login process. If the taskbar comes up but the Internet does not work it may need to be repaired. System Restore has not been helpful to me either in instances like this.

BTW, is SBC Yahoo anti-virus software?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-desktop-icons-and-taskbar-106330.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey I m in need of help with this screwed up PC I was doing a scan with the No Icons, Desktop, No No Taskbar..etc. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to get rid of Antivirus and then at the end of the scan told me to No Desktop, No Icons, No Taskbar..etc. reboot So I did but it took a quite amount of time so I was just you know damn shut this thing off When I restarted the computer however there was a VERY slowslowslow start up when I logged into my account When I No Desktop, No Icons, No Taskbar..etc. finished loading there was nothing but a blue screen from the Antivirus I think and well that was it No desktop no icons no taskbars mouse moves perfectly find I tried to checkif task bar was hiding i pressed ctrl alt and still no help I can get to my task manager and my cmd prompts and also the internet I can t open C drives or anything else Even when trying to right click on the desktop it would not allow me to When trying to open a C it would come up with the Choose which programs to up I use the IE and it would still not allow me to When I try running iexplorer exe I d get---------------------------iexplorer exe---------------------------Windows cannot find iexplorer exe Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again To search for a file click the Start button and then click Search ---------------------------OK ---------------------------When running explorer exe---------------------------explorer exe---------------------------Windows cannot find explorer exe Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again To search for a file click the Start button and then click Search ---------------------------OK ---------------------------And everything as the same from there on I can t change the names or whatever because I am not able to open my folders and files I cannot reboot with CD because I do not have the CD I tried running all kinds of antivirus programs that were popular and clean tried running scans and yes it did find some things and deleted I have tried the regedit with the Winlogon and checking if it was set on explorer exeI tried the shellfix zip and still did not work I do not have a system restore point besides today Please help Windows XP Home edition editForgot to mention I did try running from SafeMode but same issues there too Tried chkdsk rTried sfc scannow can t do this for some reason It will bring up that box with the loading thing then disappear

A:No Desktop, No Icons, No Taskbar..etc.

From a command prompt, try running: chkdsk /r (chkdsk-space-slashr)Maybe that can unscramble things.http://service1.symantec.com/Support/power...004066687571562Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157906/no-desktop-no-icons-no-taskbaretc/
Relevancy 66.65%

I just cant seem to figure out why on my nd monitor which is the main one My taskbar slightly covers my Desktop Icons I just cannot seem to get it to not do it Only way to fix it is to not Icons under Desktop Taskbar the use the Align to Grid But then all Icons have to be aligned by hand One option was to adjust the vertical icon spacing but I had to adjust it at such a large space or such a small one that it was too much Attached is a screenshot showing the example I dont know why the desktop icons are sitting under the quot locked quot taskbar I dont use any auto hide on the taskbar Is there anyway to actually adjust the grid itself In that where I can tell it where the last line of icons can be BTW a little info the monitor is a Dell E WFP quot Widescreen LCD connected via DVI to the GTS video card Also one more bit of wierd Desktop Icons under the Taskbar info As I mentioned above I have two of these quot I dual screen extend the displays The one having the problem is the right monitor It always puts the desktop icons under the taskbar If I make the left quot the quot main quot display it displays just fine So for some reason this monitor which is identical to the other one keeps forcing or telling Windows to adjust the grid and putting the last line of desktop icons under the taskbar Dixit

A:Desktop Icons under the Taskbar

Right click on task bar...properties....check use small icons

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/52774-desktop-icons-under-taskbar.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I think my computer was infected with all kinds of bad stuff. I finally managed to get some Virus/Spyware software loaded and I think I've removed (most of)the problems. But I have one lingering issue...after being on my computer for a little while, my desktop and taskbar disappear. I don't even have the ability to "right-click" on my wallpaper (which is still visible). BTW, I'm using XP. HELP!!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148816/no-desktop-icons-no-taskbar/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi there. After my pc crashed while playing Command and Conqer 3, every time I boot up my pc there are no desktop icons or taskbar, and its really really slow. I can bring up ctrl alt and delete task manager.
All i can see is my desktop background.

Things I have tried:
system restore
repair install windows xp
download some tweaks from kellys corner
virus scan
SFC /scannow

I really am clueless as to what to do, and if it came to a format how would I get my important files onto cd? or how do i get into 'my computer'?

Thanking in advance,

Daniel

A:No desktop icons or taskbar

crtl alt delte go to process and see if explorer.exe is running

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-desktop-icons-or-taskbar-161247.html
Relevancy 66.65%

So basically I was trying to download this uxtheme patch which I accidentally deleted a while ago except this time it wouldn't work so gone. are icons Taskbar/desktop then someone said quot use this replacer quot and I was doubtful at first but everyone else seemed to have it working for them so I gave it a whack Bad idea Taskbar/desktop icons are gone. I rebooted Taskbar/desktop icons are gone. my computer like I was supposed to and when I got to the log on Taskbar/desktop icons are gone. screen I had this error like quot Entry point not found wsplitpath s could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt dll quot So I clicked okay and logged on Upon logging on I found my rocketdock to be missing same with my taskbar The only way I can access anything at all is using the task manager and I can't right click anything unless it's on the internet Still everything's gone and I can't do a single thing without getting that Entry Point Error I went on yahoo answers and the only answers I got were telling me to quot go to my taskbar and quot but I've no task bar press F but I've been trying that for an hour with no luck and to go back to a restore point I tried going back to a restore point but nothing changes and I'm still stuck in this mess I'd reformat my computer seeing how everything I love is on my external hard drive but this computer didn't come with a disk because apparently you need a disk to reformat I can't think of anything else and if I do I'll add it to here I'd really appreciate some help on solving this matter

A:Taskbar/desktop icons are gone.

Welcome to TSF

You can try this, I am not going to be held responsible as I have never used it personally. What do you have to lose?

http://thinkinginpixels.com/quick-fi...og-off-loop/2/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/taskbar-desktop-icons-are-gone-290146.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all First time posting here So the scenario is pretty much as follows I can boot up the computer and reach the login screen I login per usual but once I Icons Taskbar Desktop or HELP! - No log in all I can see is my desktop background I have full control of my mouse but with no keyboard No Desktop Icons or Taskbar - HELP! response desktop icons No Desktop Icons or Taskbar - HELP! or task bar I tried booting into safe mode and ill be able to login again as usual but with the same scenario as above but a black background I assume that my install of Windows is messed up and thus need to reinstall it I have windows tablet XP edition Now this is where No Desktop Icons or Taskbar - HELP! it gets hairy I do not have the windows tablet XP CD It already came installed on my Laptop In addition I do not have a CD-Rom drive on my laptop My laptop is a toshiba so I guess I have to contact toshiba and have them send me a new CD So then I guess my question is the way to fix this problem is to do Call Toshiba and get a Windows Tablet XP install cd Get a portable CD-Rom drive Set my boot priority to CD-ROM Try a repair install then if not a full install Does this sound like a plan that will work to fix my problem Also if the CD-ROM is a new USB CD-ROM will setting the boot priority to it still work Or will I have problems because its USB and or doesn't have drivers installed Thanks for any help or input Adam

A:No Desktop Icons or Taskbar - HELP!

Sounds like you have a problem with explorer. Hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and open task manager. On the processes tab look for explorer.exe. If it is there, end the process. Either way, next go to File, New Task and type in explorer.exe. What happens??

I had a computer at work that did this once as a result of a virus. If this gets you going again, immediately run your virus/malware programs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-desktop-icons-or-taskbar-help-369416.html
Relevancy 66.65%

First off hello !

About a week ago I restarted my system and I had No taskbar or desktop icons. The only I can access anything is through the task manager ( ctrl-alt-del ). and then New task, run etc. I've read several threads on the subject at varoius sites and it seems that there are no fixes for this problem, although I think $teve from this forum is on the right track. He asked another member/ guest at what did they just install when the problem occurred.
I say this because I had just updated my ATI video card drivers and installed a program as an add on calles Earthsim. Shortly after I started experianceing the problem
Tell me am I going to have to format my hard drive or is there a Fix
$teve I think you 're headed in the right directiion DIG DEEPER!!!!! and let me know

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all,

This is my first post. My computer is missing a desktop, taskbar and all the icons. When the computer comes on it loads fine. I click on my user name or any other user and even guest and they're all the same. I can't access any documents there are no icons and I can't do control+alt+delete.

Do I have any hope of saving my computer there are a lot of files I would like to retrieve.

I am able to access the internet on the computer only because i still get pop ups and i use those to go online.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

C.

A:My desktop, taskbar and icons are gone!

I also did a google search and tried to download some antivirus software to help with the problem but I can't install anything because it says i don't have permission. I am the administrator but I can't do anything.

Thanks again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-desktop-taskbar-and-icons-are-gone-188491.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have tried everything i can think of the comp runs fine in safe mode but all i get is a blank screen in normal mode I did have a Trojan and some ad ware but cleaned it up and i also tried avira rescue cd it didn't fine a thing if i try task manager I can get Internet explore going and it does show explorer.exe in process I can't get services or control panel or any other desktop program working I have even tried prevx fixshell but still no luck I have Also done a restore to an ealier time still nothing any suggestions?

A:no desktop Icons or taskbar

Go into safe mode, set up a clean boot then let me know if it works.
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/280981-no-desktop-icons-taskbar.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Please help, I installed the new IE7 and when I turned my computer back on my desktop and taskbar went on the fritz. Now they are simply gone. The only way to get to programs is through ctrl+alt+delete and that's a pain. I want my start menu back HELP

A:Desktop Icons And Taskbar Gone

Boot in safe mode-use the admin account to do a system restore back to a time just before the issue occurred.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/132141/desktop-icons-and-taskbar-gone/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi, I just came on here to post the same problem, I am running XP Home with SP2, I just turned the PC on and all I got was the Desktop with no icons or start bar, I restarted the PC and it froze as soon as it tried to come back on, I turned it off and left if for a few minutes and turned it back on again and the same thing happened, I also can access everything through the task manager.

A:No Desktop Taskbar or icons

What antivirus program do you have?
5 step procedure
Right click on an empty spot on your Desktop and click Properties. The Display Properties box pops-us, click the Effects tab. Click the Default Icon button.
using xp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-desktop-taskbar-or-icons-133094.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have no desktop icons or taskbar and No Taskbar Desktop or Icons cannot access the internet Ctrl-Alt-Delete will open programs I have downloaded installed run in regular and safe mode the following programs Adaware CWShredder XoftSpy Spybot S amp No Desktop Icons or Taskbar D Norton and HijackThis Nothing has worked I'm still missing all icons and taskbar Here is the HijackThis Log I really hope someone can help me out I'm getting desperate Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files blcorp WCCSC RegOpt RegManServ exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System taskmgr exe C Program Files HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http rd yahoo com customize sbcyds oo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http rd yahoo com customize sbcyds www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - Hosts beta search msn fi beta search msn fr beta search msn de beta search msn it beta search msn nl beta search msn no beta search msn es O - Hosts beta search msn fi beta search msn fr beta search msn de beta search msn it beta search msn nl beta search msn no beta search msn es O - Hosts search xtramsn co nz search msn co uk search msn be search msn dk search msn fi search msn fr O - Hosts beta search msn dk beta search msn fi beta search msn fr beta search msn de beta search msn it O - Hosts beta search msn nl beta search msn no beta search msn es beta search msn se beta search msn ch O - Hosts www alexa com alexa com O - Hosts www alexa com alexa com O - Hosts www alexa com alexa com O - BHO WCNetMon Class - BE C -DAD - da - D- A B - C Program Files blcorp WCCSC WCPStop wcpstop dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exe O - HKCU Run Weather C PROGRA AWS WEATHE Weather exe O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenge... Read more

A:No Desktop Icons or Taskbar

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back to address your problem A.S.A.P.

Please Subscribe to this thread, (Thread Tools->Subscribe to this Thread) so that you are notified when a reply has been made.

Please be patient with me during this time.

Thanks,

RavenMind

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/no-desktop-icons-or-taskbar-74605.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I saw a thread on here about this issue and did some of the things suggested, but obviously didn't know what to do with the information I gathered. I was online chatting one day and my icons and taskbar vanished. I can still get around through the task manager. Explorer.exe will not stay up. I've downloaded hijackthis and winpfind3u, also shellexview (because another site told me to). I ran them and saved the info., but none of it means anything to me.

Relevancy 66.65%

Uh help After a normal shutdown my WinXP now icons gone desktop + Taskbar only shows my wallpaper - NOTHING else - on startup My desktop just sits there with a pretty picture on I can t Taskbar + desktop icons gone interact with it with the mouse in any way I can ctrl alt del and access the Task Manager and start programs from there but Taskbar + desktop icons gone I can t get at my system settings for some reason Windows can t find my graphics card either The funky thing is that when I shut the PC down the taskbar appears for a sec I ve gone through the boards here and there are related topics but none that fix my problem sadly Hope I don t have to resort to a re-install Edit I m off on holiday - so I will not be responding to posts before I get home but please post comments and suggestions so I can hopefully start using my poor PC when I get home nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskbar-desktop-icons-gone.158619/
Relevancy 66.65%

I just did a load of windows updates now when I start my machine I have no taskbar or desktop icons.

Explorer.exe does not start automatically but if you go into task manager you can start it (it opens onto 'my documents').

Everything seems to open fine from here - iexplorer can be started and I can get online.

Also when I right click on the desktop I get nothing.

I am running XP SP2.

Please help!!!

A:No Desktop Icons or Taskbar

Just fixed this. Adaware 6.0 Personal - found it and sorted for me.

It picked upa registry key which it described as 'possible vulnerability'. I can't remeber the key exactly but it said something about 'shell ()'.

Anyway - checked to fix it and resarted explorer and everythings back to normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-desktop-icons-or-taskbar.469669/
Relevancy 66.65%

Referred here from http www bleepingcomputer com forums t expiorerexe-ltcbat-and-so-many-others-help OBhello i cannot see my desktop icons and taskbar in explorer exe anymore All there is is my desktop background and my cursor Task manager works sometimes but it cannot open any programs besides msconfig chkdsk etc I don't think it can run regedit though I think it has something to do with the registry or a file i deleted in the registry Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - see desktop Cannot or taskbar icons CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar no name - C B - - d - B - A CD F - no file O - Toolbar no name - D F F - B- EA - FA -A D E F - no file Cannot see desktop icons or taskbar O - HKLM Run FAhid C SlimQ Fahid exeO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKCU Run Skype C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe nosplash minimizedO - HKUS S- - - Run Sabre Site Services C SABRE Apps ATS SSSClnt EXE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sabre Site Services C SABRE Apps ATS SSSClnt EXE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe User 'Administrator' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sabre Site Services C SABRE Apps ATS SSSClnt EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run Sabre Site Services C SABRE Apps ATS SSSClnt Cannot see desktop icons or taskbar EXE User 'Default user' O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions presentO - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel presentO - Extra context menu item amp Windows Live Search - res C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll search htmO - Extra context menu item Add to Windows amp Live Favorites - http favorites live com quickadd aspxO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Open in new background tab - res C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar Components en-us msntabres dll mui a b d a f e ac e O - Extra context menu item Open in new foreground tab - res C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar Components en-us msntabres dll mui a b d a f e ac e O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Plugin for pdf C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS nppdf dllO - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www sony com vaiopeopleO - DPF DE B - A- B - C -A RRAAINAX RRAAINAX - http www in honda com rraaapps rraasec c AX RraainAX CABO - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedC bin AvSniff cabO - DPF D AF - D - D -B - F B TMinReq Class - https my sabre com jars TMinReqX dllO - DPF - F - BB - D -FA D F A AB YInstStarter Class - http us dl yimg com download yahoo com nst cabO - DPF ED - B- DA -B... Read more

A:Cannot see desktop icons or taskbar

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200255/cannot-see-desktop-icons-or-taskbar/
Relevancy 66.65%

I desktop! taskbar - Help on No icons, need some help pretty quickly I m using XP Home and today there is nothing on my desktop except the wallpaper - no Help - No icons, taskbar on desktop! icons no taskbar nothing When I Ctrl-Alt-Del to get to Task Manager it is maxed out at before I ve done anything Even in Safe Mode the Task Manager is at as soon as it boots up and there is nothing on the desktop I ve tried to run a New Task to get to Ad Aware to clean out any new spyware but it always says it s quot Not Responding quot Also in Safe Mode the Admin account works fine The Taskbar and icons are there like normal I ve ran Ad Aware and cleaned it up and Norton AV always seems to get interrupted and fail about halfway thru I ve tried to restore to the last known good configuration but that didn t help at all What can I do other than a full system restore I would guess that since the Admin account works fine in Safe Mode but my account doesn t that means it s either virus or spyware related Please help Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

I cannot see taskbar or desktop icons on startup

A:taskbar and desktop icons

Hi mfryer50 and welcome to TSF !

What's the last thing you did or installed on the computer ?

Press Ctrl+alt+del then go to file => run and type explorer.exe, report with the result.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/taskbar-and-desktop-icons-418220.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi There This is my first time posting here Icons/taskbar..... No Desktop My sons computer is infected with viruses and I need help First of all the computer will only boot No Desktop Icons/taskbar..... up to the wallpaper - no icons no start menu Does same thing in Safe Mode I can contr alt delete and get to the TM But access is very limited there Antivirus programs will not run I have tried HJT among others even tried renaming several times The only program that I got to run is SDFIX And I will post that log below But even after running SDFIX It still did not bring back the icons or start menu and I still cant run HJT or any other antivirus spyware programs even tho SDFIX said it deleted a lot of viruses explorer exe does not show up in the TM I have tried the normal suggestions on the internet of typing in explorer exe in the TM TM task manager That does not work Please help Thanx in advance SDFIX LOG SDFix Version Run by Administrator on Sat at PM Microsoft Windows XP Version Running From L NEW SDFix Checking Services Restoring Default Security Values Restoring Default Hosts File Resetting AppInit DLLs value Rebooting Infected beep sys Found beep sys File Locations quot C WINDOWS system dllcache beep sys quot PM quot C WINDOWS system drivers beep sys quot PM Infected File Listed Below C WINDOWS system dllcache beep sys C WINDOWS system drivers beep sys File copied to Backups Folder Attempting to replace beep sys with original version Original beep sys Restored quot C WINDOWS system dllcache beep sys quot PM quot C WINDOWS system drivers beep sys quot PM Checking Files Trojan Files Found C Documents and Settings All Users Documents goba scr - Deleted C Program Files Common Files bazepesi scr - Deleted C WINDOWS beveze sy - Deleted C WINDOWS heqi sy - Deleted C WINDOWS ugyfak sy - Deleted C WINDOWS system esorasufu sy - Deleted C WINDOWS braviax exe - Deleted C WINDOWS cru dat - Deleted C WINDOWS system scui cpl - Deleted C WINDOWS system braviax exe - Deleted C WINDOWS system cru dat - Deleted Removing Temp Files ADS Check Final Check Remaining Services Authorized Application Key Export HKEY LOCAL MACHINE system currentcontrolset services sharedaccess parameters firewallpolicy standardprofile authorizedapplications list quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabledxpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files America Online waol exe quot quot C Program Files America Online waol exe Enabled AOL quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe quot quot C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Enabled Bonjour quot quot C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe quot quot C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe Enabled iTunes quot quot C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe quot quot C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe Enabled MySpace Instant Messenger quot quot C Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exe quot quot C Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exe Enabled avgemc exe quot quot C Program Files AVG AVG avgupd exe quot quot C Program Files AVG AVG avgupd exe Enabled avgupd exe quot quot C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe quot quot C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe Enabled avgnsx exe quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE system currentcontrolset services sharedaccess parameters firewallpolicy domainprofile authorizedapplications list quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabledxpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files America Online waol exe quot quot C Program Files America Online waol exe Enabled AOL quot Remaining Files File Backups - L NEW SDFix backups backups zip Files with Hidden Attributes Wed Jun A H --- quot C Program Files America Online aolphx exe quot Wed Jun A H --- quot C Program Files America Online aoltray exe quot Wed Jun A H --- quot C Program Files America Online RBM exe quot Mon Mar A SH --- quot C WINDOWS SMINST HPCD sys quot Tue Mar A SH --- quot C Documents and Setting... Read more

Relevancy 66.65%

I've recently started having issues taskbar or minor No Crashing stress - Black under - screen icons where my PC will switch itself off when I run a number of programs or just a demanding one like a game It's not a heating issue Speedfan's indicating all my hardware is at or below 'C This has been a tolerable issue until today where after starting my PC up after the PC had switched itself off I could no longer see the desktop - no icons no taskbar nothing I could however load up safe mode and I used Black screen - No taskbar or icons - Crashing under minor stress that to look up this issue I found that people who've had this issue before could in fact ctrl alt delete when they're looking at this before mentioned black screen whereas I cannot I can't do anything and there's no Black screen - No taskbar or icons - Crashing under minor stress hard drive activity I solved that particular problem by starting up in safe mode and using system restore however as expected this did not fix the shutting down under stress issue I have a feeling this shutting down under stress might be on account of my slightly overclocked CPU I'm running a Q with a stock speed of GHz but I've bumped it up to GHz Although it's been this way for the better part of a year and I've had no issues it's a good place to start so I'll be clocking that back down to GHz sharpish Also I'm running mixed RAM I know I know it's a big no-no but there's nothing I can do about it right now though Anyway I'd really appreciate if someone could shed some light onto what they think this issue might be and maybe a possible solution I'm running a bit version of Vista SP

A:Black screen - No taskbar or icons - Crashing under minor stress

Welcome
The problem could very well be the result of your overclocking, but lets not go there yet.
Sounds like a memory problem, take memtest
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums
If that does not show anything try a clean boot to diagnose.
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup - Windows 7 Forums
If all is negtative
Run a full anti virus scan
Download and run a full scan with malwarebytes. Makes sure to update before the scans.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/295893-black-screen-no-taskbar-icons-crashing-under-minor-stress.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, I have a kiosk PC that is looking pretty good however I have two outstanding issues. 

The users can still right click on applications on the taskbar and receive a context menu even though I've disabled the context menu in the group policy editor.
User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Start Menu and Taskbar/Remove access to the context menus for the taskbar - Enabled

And I can't figure out how to remove the "show desktop" icon in the systems notification tray.

Thanks in advance for any help
Megan Armstrong.

A:Windows 7 Restricted User - Remove Right click on taskbar icons; Remove show desktop icon

Hello Megan,

Hope you're doing fine.

Disabling context menu from application on the taskbar
Please note the task bar context menu for any application for windows 7 is sub-divided into two sections :

a. Jumplist(to access recently opened files) 
   b. Creating a new instance of the application, Pin/Unpin, Close window

We can only disable the Jump List of the Taskbar context menu but not the "new instance creation, Pin/Unpin, close window"

Please follow the steps below to disable jump list:
1. Right-click on the Taskbar and then select Properties.
2. Click on the Start Menu tab and uncheck "Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar".
3. Click OK.

Disabling Show Desktop from the system tray
Regarding the requirement of disabling the "Show Desktop" button alltogether from the System tray, this is by design.

There are no ways to remove it. All we can do is to disable aero peek at Taskbar properties by right clicking and uncheck the option "Use Aero Peek to preview the desktop".
There's a third party software which addresses this sopecific purpose but I'm not pretty sure if this works perfectly for Windows 7 SP1 as well. Please refer to the link below.

Ref :
http://kishan-bagaria.deviantart.com/art/7-Show-Desktop-Button-Remover-163376704

Thanks,
Nabarun

Regards,
Nabarun Chakraborty | Support Engineer | Microsoft India GTSC

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cbbdceb4-3c0a-4a86-a8be-dcc0b3cbc115/windows-7-restricted-user-remove-right-click-on-taskbar-icons-remove-show-desktop-icon?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 65.79%

The icons on my mother's pc are missing, the taskbar is gone as well, she keeps getting redirected to irrelevant sites when clicking on a link in ie. Also, the only way to run any program internet explorer,chat, email, is by getting to the run menu via ctrl+alt+del+ task manager. I have tried system restore. it worked once but has since gone back to the "missing icons taskbar" status.I have gone so far as to download hijackthis. but when i finally get it open to run the scan it disaapears so fast aftr scanning, i can't find the "logfile" to post on here. Please help . you guys rock!

A:Desktop Icons Missing Taskbar Gone

i cant even get to hijack's log to post here.i need help badly!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-icons-missing-taskbar-gone.864545/
Relevancy 65.79%

Following a Skype update today, some of my desktop and taskbar (also Start Menu) icons immediately disappeared, only to be replaced with standard Windows icons. This involved mostly Microsoft and Adobe programs, including Outlook, Word, Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat, but also Google Earth and QuickTime Player.
I've carried out a Icon cache rebuild, but this has not restored the original icons, resulting instead in standard .exe icons or blank (i.e. white) icons.
When I try to change the icon for these programs, I generally get messages similar to this one (for Adobe Reader):
Windows cannot find file %SystemRoot%\Installer\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-AC0F074E4100}\SC_Reader.ico.

Does anyone know what to do? I've seen on the internet that various people have had the same problem, but I have yet to read a working solution. I'm considering a System Restore...

A:Some desktop and taskbar icons have changed ...

Screenshot would be better .
By the way, I don't know about the Icon change but I got blurred Icons once after a Chrome Update. All I did is restarted the explorer and FIXED! You know :Winkey + R
tskill explorer

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372036-some-desktop-taskbar-icons-have-changed.html
Relevancy 65.79%

When booting up, my friend's computer only shows the desktop wallpaper. I brought up the Task manager... and explorer.exe IS there... however, the icons/taskbar aren't visible. When i end the explorer process, then start it again with the new task feature... everything loads up fast and correct.
Why does this happen!?

Windows Xp PRO SP 2
AMD Athlon 2.1 ghz
512 mb ram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskbar-and-desktop-icons-missing.646972/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi everyone I formatted my hard drive days ago and Icons don't for some time. appear Taskbar Desktop & installed windows xp pro and then service pack I am not sure Taskbar & Desktop Icons don't appear for some time. if this happened after installing sp but here is the problem It is all ok until the welcome screen disappears From then on the only thing I see is my wallpaper I dont see any desktop icons or the taskbar This continues for about minute Then the taskbar and desktop icons appear Does anyone have any ideas about what might be the cause of this delay I have an old system so I dont except my computer to boot at light speed but I think this delay is not normal I have only avast antivirus as a startup program and only desktop icons I even dont use a wallpaper for faster startup so it is all black during that minute I mentioned I also disabled some services which I was sure were unnecessary for me I checked my system with avast anti for viruses and used spybot and ad-aware for spyware Here is the log file from hjt Thanks in advance Taskbar & Desktop Icons don't appear for some time. Logfile of HijackThis Taskbar & Desktop Icons don't appear for some time. v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO IeCatch Class - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - C PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dll O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - Extra context menu item Download All by FlashGet - C PROGRA FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item Download using FlashGet - C PROGRA FlashGet jc link htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet flashget exe O - Extra Tools menuitem amp FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet flashget exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF F-F B- B D- DF- B B Minesweeper Flags Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MineSweeper cab cab O - DPF E D DE - - -A - DFAD A D MessengerStatsClient Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MessengerStatsClient cab cab O - DPF B BE E -A C- D -A DC- ZoneIntro Class - http zone msn com binFramework v ZIntro cab cab O - DPF E D D -A - - FAD- E C HeartbeatCtl Class - http fdl msn com zone datafiles heartbeat cab O - Service avast iAVS Control Service aswUpdSv - Unknown owner - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe O - Service avast Antivirus - Unknown owner - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe O - Service avast Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe quot service file missing O - Service avast Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe quot service file missing nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskbar-desktop-icons-dont-appear-for-some-time.370926/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi guys.
I need abit of help, i hope you can help me.
This started happening a few weeks ago, i thought it were my drivers or something, so i replaced them, but it still happend - My desktop icons and my taskbar disappear, meaning i have to reset my computer.

Anyway, heard from a friend that it isnt my drivers, that its a bug, or something?
I also found a couple of programs in my program list. i deleted them tho.. Adzgalore something or other. Something to do with games? Adzgalore games list, or something. Who knows.

Anyway, i hope you can help me. im totally computer illiterate, but i know enough to know my computer shouldnt be doing this

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-icons-and-taskbar-disappear.713062/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi everyone I have Windows XP pro with SP Every time I boot up I get the background wallpaper with no desktop icons start menu taskbar or systray I think its related to Explorer crashing startup No or icons taskbar desktop on because I can open the Task Manager and run applications but I can't open an explorer window I've tried just about everything I can think of registry cleaner virus No desktop icons or taskbar on startup scanner microsoft support website but I still have the problem When I boot up I get the quot DrWatson postmortem debugger quot with the following output EventType BEX P drwtsn exe P P b d a P No desktop icons or taskbar on startup dbghelp dll P P a P d P c P Technical information about error C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp WERf a dir drwtsn exe mdmp C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp WERf a dir appcompat txt I've also done a scan using HijackThis with the following output ------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP No desktop icons or taskbar on startup SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WUSB GC exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files HijackThis Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll file missing O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Gretech Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll file missing O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run... Read more

A:No desktop icons or taskbar on startup

Righto so no taskbar, and desktop icons.

Does hitting the windows key bring anything up or is the only thing you can access is the task manager?

Also try booting your pc up in safe mode, as you start up your pc keep hitting F8 on your keyboard and then when it brings it up, select "safe mode" report back if your icons and taskbar are there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-desktop-icons-or-taskbar-on-startup-511917.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi When I log onto my PC the taskbar and desktop flash every seconds or so My PC is running Windows XP Home SP Here is my HijackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Stardock SDMCP exe C Program Files Webroot Desktop Firewall WDF exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Styler Desktop Icons Flashing and Taskbar Styler exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe Flashing Taskbar and Desktop Icons C Program Files Webroot Desktop Firewall wdfsvc exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox Beta firefox exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - Flashing Taskbar and Desktop Icons HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http Flashing Taskbar and Desktop Icons go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - Toolbar StylerToolBar - D F F - B- EA - FA -A D E F - C Program Files Styler TB StylerTB dll O - HKLM Run ImageShackUtil quot C Program Files ImageShack QuickShot QuickShot exe quot O - HKLM Run Webroot Desktop Firewall quot C Program Files Webroot Desktop Firewall WDF exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe quot O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe R... Read more

Relevancy 65.79%

Right before I was rebooting my computer yesterday, I got a dll error (i couldn't read the error it flashed to quickly).

Since rebooting the taskbar & desktop icon keep flashing on/off.

I ran chkdsk, sfc/scannow, vundofix, sdfix, combofix, and gmer. But I am still having the problem.

If I run explorer.exe twice, it fixes the problem until the next reboot.

Please help--this is so frustrating!

A:Taskbar & Desktop Icons keep popping on/off

Here is my HijackThis log:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 1:56:02 AM, on 11/17/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16544)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DVDRAMSV.exe
C:\Program Files\FolderSize\FolderSizeSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozy\mozybackup.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Private Folder 1.0\PrfldSvc.exe
c:\TOSHIBA\IVP\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozy\mozybackup.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Belkin Mouse 1.0\MOUSE32A.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Sarbyx TrayClock\trayclock.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe
C:\toshiba\ivp\ism\pinger.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Touch and Launch\PadExe.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\rapimgr.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe
C:\Program Files\RCA\Auto Updater\Auto Updater.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Windows Utilities\Hotkey.exe
C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\Veoh\VeohClient.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozy\mozystat.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RAMASST.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\TROYPA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\mozOpenDownload\HiJackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,First Home Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54843
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BBB05D9E-0297-404D-A6BF-D8F2876B84A6} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nnnnnmj.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SetDefPrt] C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfl04g\BrStDvPt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LWBMOUSE] C:\Program Files\Belkin Mouse 1.0\MOUSE32A.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\P... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskbar-desktop-icons-keep-popping-on-off.652802/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi guys.

I am going crazy with this problem of mine. See screenshot on how it looks like. This problem just occurred yesterday.

Here is my ancient laptop's specs:

Intel Pentium 4 - M (1.9GHz, single-core)
512MB RAM
40GB HDD
ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 (32MB)

Here is a list of what I already did:

*Copied explorer.exe from another laptop; didn't work, so it is safe to assume that it is not the problem
*Full scan with latest Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (v1.45), found nothing
*Safe Mode, still no icons
*Cleared IconCache.db but to my surprise, it was not rebuilt.

In the case I have lacked any information, kindly inform me. To my dismay, this is the longest time that I had spent troubleshooting.

Best regards.

A:No Icons in Desktop/Taskbar/Explorer

Hello Brionac, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Since this has just happened, you might do a system restore using a restore point dated before this happened to hopefully fix it for you.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/78867-no-icons-desktop-taskbar-explorer.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi there since last night my Disappeared! and Help! Taskbar Desktop Have Icons taskbar and desktop icons have Taskbar and Desktop Icons Have Disappeared! Help! completely disappeared Here is a list of problems I am encountering Disappeared taskbar and desktop icons Unable to right-click on the desktop The desktop background is still there though I have been running low on memory recently I received a message a few days ago advising me about that Since this problem has occured I have deleted one folder from My Documents which was about GB in space This is because I read on another website that this problem could be caused by lack of space and that the computer doesn t have enough memory to even start properly it requires mb to start Hence I deleted that big folder However nothing has changed I can only open programs by using the Windows Task Manager I have not downloaded any new software in the last couple of days so I don t think its anything to do with a virus or a bug I tried typing quot explorer exe quot into Task Manager but nothing happened If you guys need any more info do ask Anyone has any idea how to solve this nbsp

A:Taskbar and Desktop Icons Have Disappeared! Help!

Can you boot into safe mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskbar-and-desktop-icons-have-disappeared-help.827006/
Relevancy 65.79%

When I boot up the computer, everything looks normal through the Windows screen until I get a momentary flash of the Explorer taskbar in the lower left corner of the screen, then just a blue screen. No taskbar, no icons, no response to left or right click. Same in safe mode.

I tried a reboot from the startup disk, then reloaded Windows 98 and same problem. Is this a virus? any suggestions on how to fix it?

John

A:No desktop, no taskbar, no icons - Virus?

It's usually a conflict between shell files installed by one version of Internet Explorer conflicting with older Windows shell files.

A reinstall usually corrects this. I would try it again, only this time first boot to a command prompt and enter:

ren c:\windows\system\iemigrat.dll iemigrat.old

If you want to try a more labor intensive approach to resolution, see the comments here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?postid=979047#post979047

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-desktop-no-taskbar-no-icons-virus.168998/
Relevancy 65.79%

The icons and Taskbar on my desktop keep disappearing. The wallpaper stays. If I am fast enough I can access programs or files for the short time it is up. Otherwise I have to access everything through task manager. I have run AVG but that did not find anything. I cannot access Adaware to see what it can find. Also the same thing happens when I try to start in Safe Mode. I have tried to reset to previous configuration but that did not work either. I am somewhat of a computer doofus so I am not sure how to proceed. Please Help

A:Desktop Icons and taskbar disappear

Since you can get to task manager try this.

Start up the Windows XP Task Manager and select the Applications tab.

Now select the New Task button at the bottom of the window. A new smaller window will appear. In it simply type:

explorer.exe

explorer.exe is the Windows Program Manager (or Windows Explorer.) It manages the Windows Graphical Shell including the Start menu, taskbar, desktop, and File Manager. By restarting this process the graphical interface for Windows will reappear.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/desktop-icons-and-taskbar-disappear-332365.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Taskbar and desktop icons not displaying.
For some reason I've lost all my desktop icons and my taskbar, all the displays is my normal desktop background.
Any suggestions please? Thanks

A:Taskbar and desktop icons not display

How you tried all the normal "fixes" yet? A system restore to a time before this started? A sfc /scannow?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/264774-taskbar-desktop-icons-not-display.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello All I have gone through a number of posts on this problem and tried them but they did not work for me Here is my problem Yesterday a user complained that there laptop had slowed down in recent days I went ahead and ran and desktop taskbar Missing icons msconfig the I deleted most of the programs that were running on startup I also stopped some services The Missing desktop icons and taskbar PC speed improved Missing desktop icons and taskbar but when the user restarted the laptop there were no icons or taskbar I pressed ctrl-alt-del and started task manager I started explorer exe and my computer showed up with the drives on the machine I also ran sfc scannow and it did give any errors i created another profile and it has the same results When I right click on the desktop nothing shows up I booted into safe Missing desktop icons and taskbar mode and there are no restore points to recover to I suspect the problem is registry related and was caused by me deleting the startup programs I am not sure how I can restore the laptop without reinstalling it Any advice Noel

A:Missing desktop icons and taskbar

I would be more curious as to exactly what services you disabled. Nothing in startup should prevent proper boot.
Did you check their dependencies before deactivating them?
Sometimes even we more knowledgeable folks get in a rush and forget to do the simple things.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/183111-missing-desktop-icons-taskbar.html
Relevancy 65.79%

well, basically, when i sign into my account, all i see is the mouse pointer and the background. i try to press ctrl>alt>del but my task manager has been disabled by my administrator. what can i do?

A:My Taskbar and Desktop Icons isn't Coming Up!

Boot up in Safe Mode > Hit CTRL-ALT-DELETE to access Task Manager > File (new task) > and type in services.msc > sort by Status > do any of them say "Starting"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-taskbar-and-desktop-icons-isnt-coming-up-177578.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Right before I was rebooting my computer yesterday I got a dll error i couldn't read the error it flashed to quickly Since rebooting the taskbar amp desktop icon keep flashing on off about every seconds If I run explorer exe a couple of times the desktop icons and taskbar will stay up Please Help Here is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Desktop Taskbar on/off & Icons keep flashing MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Desktop Icons & Taskbar keep flashing on/off WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files FolderSize FolderSizeSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Mozy mozybackup exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL DRIVERS W X HPZipm exe C Program Files Microsoft Private Folder PrfldSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Mozy mozybackup exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Belkin Mouse MOUSE A EXE C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Sarbyx TrayClock trayclock exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C Program Files RCA Auto Updater Auto Updater exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Toshiba Windows Utilities Hotkey exe C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exe C Program Files Mozy mozystat exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C DOCUME TROYPA LOCALS Temp mozOpenDownload HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - BBB D E- - D-A BF-D F B A - C WINDOWS system nnnnnmj dll O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run SetDefPrt C Program Files Brother Brmfl g BrStDvPt exe O - HKLM Run LWBMOUSE C Program Files Belkin Mouse MOUSE A EXE O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technol... Read more

A:Desktop Icons & Taskbar keep flashing on/off

Welcome Tr0y
"C:\DOCUME~1\TROYPA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\mozOpenDownload\HiJackThis.exe"

Wrong location for Hijackthis, do not open or auto-unzip/extract programs from the internet unless it says explicitly to run, always download/save them first.
Download this installer to your desktop, run it and let it install hijackthis to the location it wants to, then exit.
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...HJTInstall.exe

Download
Deckard's System Scanner (DSS)[/color] to your Desktop.
Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.[/color]Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
If prompted to let dds download Hijackthis choose [color=blue]YES.[color=blue]
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized
and extra.txt <-this one will be minimized
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt in your next reply Please
attach extra.txt to your post.
To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt
Click Upload.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/desktop-icons-and-taskbar-keep-flashing-on-off-196056.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I just got a Dell XPS laptop, x64, and, so far, I have no real issues with Windows 7. I like a clean desktop and, on my XP machines, moved the desktop icons with ease. With the new operating system, I've done that, too, but some icon cannot be moved in the traditional way. Is there a way to move My Document, My Pictures, My Computer, etc., to the taskbar?

I apologize if this has been discussed. Many thanks for any assistance.

Mike

A:Moving Desktop Icons to the Taskbar

Hi! mikegc, welcome to W7F

Would this be what your looking for?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ram-links.html

If you go to the bottom of the tutorial there are variations on the theme of pinning to the taskbar.

Happy Thanksgiving!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/127013-moving-desktop-icons-taskbar.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I think I have recently done an update Now my computer turns on fine However the only taskbar icons I have from the extreme left is icons to Nothing all gone? minimised?? HELP! able be Desktop taskbar the windows 'start' image Desktop taskbar icons all gone? Nothing able to be minimised?? HELP! then the cortana circle then the taskview rectangle From the extreme right I have the usual show desktop sliver then a blank gap of around an inch where wifi volume clock should be then a rectangular speech bubble 'No new notifications' then the up arrow - which only shows a single grey square 'ELAN pointing device' That's it There were several quick icons there prior Edge MFF folders ASUS update Chrome etc All gone Also I can't actually access anything from the start window icon Clicking it does nothing When I hover click it it turns red but that's it All my usual desktop icons are there I can use them but can't minimise anything If I do minimise anything it vanishes I can open it again via the task manager as they are still running but that's it The ONLY way to shut down my computer is to go to the ctrl alt del to the red screen and use the icons in the bottom right hand corner I can sometimes right click on the start windows icon and it will pop up a black menu and one of the options is power sleep shutdown etc Any ideas This is driving me up the wall Thanks

A:Desktop taskbar icons all gone? Nothing able to be minimised?? HELP!

Hello

This has happened to a few people. The usual way to get out of this is to repair system files that have become corrupted. The usual route is to run the system file checker and see if it sorts things out, it may not and so the next step is to run the DISM tool to restore files.

1. Click the Cortana circle and type in command, this should give you the link to the Command prompt, right click it and select Run as administrator.
2. Accept the UAC prompt and then enter sfc /scannow in the Administrator: Command Prompt window.
3. Wait until it has completed and see what is reported. This will take several minutes. You may want to do a restart to see if there is any improvement.
4. If still not fixed then proceed to the DISM which is run as before from the Administrator: Command Prompt window. Enter the following command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
5. Again wait several minutes for it to complete and review the result. As before restart and see if it has made any difference.

Post back your results and we will help you further if needed. Here are a couple of tutorials which go through the procedure in more detail:
SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image

...Phil

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41112-desktop-taskbar-icons-all-gone-nothing-able-minimised-help.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Icons Disappeared And Taskbar Desktop v Scan saved at PM Desktop Icons And Taskbar Disappeared on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning Desktop Icons And Taskbar Disappeared processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS arservice exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr Desktop Icons And Taskbar Disappeared exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files VirusRescue vrsvc exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exeC PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS system imapi exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exeC Program Files AlphaZIP AlphaZip exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Documents and Settings Compaq Administrator Desktop HiJackThis exeC WINDOWS explorer exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - Toolbar Protection Bar - C A B - A D- FA -B AD- E F AA C - C Program Files Image ActiveX Access iesbpl dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run ftutil rundll exe ftutil dll SetWriteCacheModeO - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEO - HKLM Run AlwaysReady Power Message APP ARPWRMSG EXEO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run HPBootOp quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Boot Optimizer HPBootOp exe quot runO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run SiteAdvisor C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run runner C WINDOWS retadpu exe A B BBF B FB F B E B F AA EBD D C B F O - HKLM Run VirusProtectPro quot C Program Files VirusProtectPro VirusProtectPr... Read more

A:Desktop Icons And Taskbar Disappeared

Hi,You are dealing with Several different infections here.Perform next steps in the right order..* Go to start > controlpanel > software > Add or Remove Programs and uninstall next if present:VirusRescueVirusProtectPro 3.5Ultimate Cleaner* Download Combofix to your desktop.Doubleclick combofix.exeFollow the prompts.Don't click on the window while the fix is running, because that will cause your system to hang.When finished and after reboot (in case it asks to reboot), combofix will open again to gather the necessary information for the log. This may take a bit. When done, Combofix will close and a log should open, combofix.txt. Post the contents of this log in your next reply together with a new hijackthislog.Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt - unless I ask you to.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101634/desktop-icons-and-taskbar-disappeared/
Relevancy 65.79%

I logged on to my laptop this morning only to find I no longer have a start botton, nor a taskbar and all desktop icons have disappeared. I did a search and found a 2007 thread with some suggestions and none of these have worked for me. I'm working with windows xp, sp 3. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated..

Relevancy 65.79%

help I still have no desktop icons or start menu taskbar explorer.exe when ran through ctrl+alt+delete brings taskbar up for a minute then disappears.

A:Still No Desktop Icons Or Startmenu Taskbar

Maybe you're not infected. You can try this first and see if it fixes it.#195 to the right side:Restore Desktop Icons and Taskbarhttp://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htmIt's a script file. Just download it and click it.Doing this shouldn't hurt anything, but make a System Restore point first as a precaution.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/132713/still-no-desktop-icons-or-startmenu-taskbar/
Relevancy 65.79%

my desktop icons and taskbar are invisible.help me out plz.got tired using tassk manager to open drives.

A:Desktop icons and taskbar is invisible

Can you use task manager to open explorer? Your desktop is run via explorer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-icons-and-taskbar-is-invisible.778397/
Relevancy 65.79%

every time i sign in, my desktop and taskbar never appear. and my task manager has been disabled by my administrator. how can i fix either of these problems?

A:My Taskbar and Desktop Icons Still Isn't Coming Up!

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;811151

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-taskbar-and-desktop-icons-still-isnt-coming-up-178022.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I have been having this problem since yesterday for some unknown reason Whenever I boot up my computer in Normal over don't min... or 20+ for Taskbar icons Desktop load mode and I click on my or any other username it takes at least minutes to log in Then after it finally logs in my taskbar nor my Desktop icons appear but Explorer exe is already loaded This happens for all usernames and I created a new one I can load Task Manager and I can load individual programs and files from there If I kill Explorer exe and then restart it it still doesn't work I Taskbar or Desktop icons don't load for over 20+ min... have no Restore Points by the way I can go on Safe Mode which is how I'm posting this There is like a chance that its a virus but I highly doubt it due to the fact that im a computer quot guru quot and I maintain my computer well Im guessing its just corrupted registry settings Also I cant run HijackThis in Normal nor in Safe Mode and I tried reinstalling too Well there you have it Hopefully someone can help P S I have a question if I partition my hard drive backup all my music and files reinstall windows using the Recovery Console will my partition still be there with all my music and stuff Im almost positive it will still be there I just want to verify Thank you for your time and patience

A:Taskbar or Desktop icons don't load for over 20+ min...

PILL5B3RRY,

There are many things that can cause this type of drastic slow-down. I would first try scanning your PC for malware/viruses:

Go to:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=15968

and follow the steps documented on this page.

Other possible problems:

- PC's "Turbo" or "Cache" mode has been disabled via a switch or in the BIOS setup causing the processor to run slow.

- HARD Drive controller(s) have been demoted from DMA (fast access) to PIO mode due to excessive errors in reading media (usually DVD or CD). Check out:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817472

http://winhlp.com/node/10

- Paging or virtual memory has been disabled or memory has been reduced.

- A buggy driver (usually video or hard disk) or hardware device has been installed that's causing conflicts and slowing the PC down.

- A rogue program or service is hogging all of the PC's CPU bandwidth and/or memory

I would start by scanning for viruses first. If you can recall any changes that happened prior to this problem - please reply with the details (new software, hardware, updates, settings, drivers, etc).

- John

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/taskbar-or-desktop-icons-dont-load-for-over-20-min-249560.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello there I'm new here and I'm from Brazil I tried many Brazilian forums but I didn't find a solution for my problem so I decided to try English ones The and disapeared! Taskbar desktop icons problem happens just after the Windows' welcome screen disappears Taskbar and desktop icons disapeared! The wallpaper is there and the mouse cursor too But the Taskbar and all the desktop icons aren't The only thing I can do is to press CTRL DEL ALT and open the programs I need The right mouse button doesn't work and explorer exe is not listed in the process manager So I can't open my computer and the Start Menu If I try to open the explorer exe by clicking on the New Task button the task bar flashes for some seconds and go hide itself Oh the explorer exe closes after that I tried some programs to repair kernel I guess this is the name tried to use Ad-Aware Spybot S amp D AVG Avira Antivir BitDefender and HijackThis to see if the problem was caused by virus and or spywares but I didn't succeed BTW I tried to repair the Windows intallation by booting from the CD pressing 'R' etc Didn't work too I don't know what to do I just don't want to format the system Doesn't anyone have any idea that might help me Thanks in advance

A:Taskbar and desktop icons disapeared!

Hi, I am Kashif from India, Bangalore.

Use the following weblink and download the registry modification which will restores the Desktop and the Taskbar :

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...top_fixall.vbs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/taskbar-and-desktop-icons-disapeared-155235.html
Relevancy 65.79%

My icons and my taskbar disapeared i can still use ctrl+alt+del to load programs but nothing else please help thanks

A:taskbar and desktop icons disapeared

Hi Killstat!!

Can you verify whether your explorer.exe is running at startup?

If it is not running, try type in "explorer.exe" and run the application. See whether you get back the taskbar.

If the explorer is already running, you can download this registry and merge it by double clicking on it:Restore taskbar

Post back about the results here ok. I will try to guide further if it still not resolve your issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/taskbar-and-desktop-icons-disapeared-211534.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi there Taskbar and Disappeared! Desktop Help! Icons Have since last night my taskbar and desktop icons have completely disappeared Here is a list of problems I am encountering Disappeared taskbar and desktop icons Unable to right-click on the desktop The desktop background is still Taskbar and Desktop Icons Have Disappeared! Help! there though I have been running low on memory recently I received a message a few days ago advising me about that Since this problem has occured I have deleted one folder from My Documents which was about GB in space This is because Taskbar and Desktop Icons Have Disappeared! Help! I read on another website that this problem could be caused by lack of space and that the computer doesn't have enough memory to even start properly it requires mb to start Hence I deleted that big folder However nothing has changed I can only open programs by using the Windows Task Manager I have not downloaded any new software in the last couple of days so I don't think its anything to do with a virus or a bug I tried typing quot explorer exe quot into Task Manager but nothing happened If you guys need any more info do ask Anyone has any idea how to solve this

A:Taskbar and Desktop Icons Have Disappeared! Help!

i had the same problem a fews days ago
have tried something like typing C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe into your taskmanager
or navigating to C:\WINDOWS\ and locating the explorer file which may have a different name

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/taskbar-and-desktop-icons-have-disappeared-help-375971.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello, I need help on this pc it lost its icons and taskbar I can?t even right click on desktop but task manager works. Under Processes I can?t see explorer.exe and when I type in that under run, the taskbar comes up for a fraction of a second and goes away. Here is a list of programs I ran Mbam, spydoctor, spybot, and Combofix every one seems to find and remove something but still can?t get it back. I even went to Kellys corner and tried a few of them, I guess I?m at your mercy ones again. Thanks Guys

A:Lost desktop icons and taskbar

Hello Bob101:

Is it possible for you to repair your Windows XP installation using the Windows XP Setup Disk? Post back here if you have it and want instructions on how to do it. Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288459/lost-desktop-icons-and-taskbar/
Relevancy 65.79%

Computer was loaded with spyware/malware etc. Got malewarebytes to run and it found 216 items EX) Trojan.Vundo.h, etc.

After removing what malewarebytes found, it said to restart the computer. Well upon restart, I now have ONLY the desktop background. No taskbar, no desktop icons. I can do a ctrl-alt-del lol. I can run new task to get online. I am in desperate need of help here.

Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 65.79%

Hey so some of my desktop icons/task bar icons have changed to this any idea why or how and how would I fix this -thanks

A:Desktop/taskbar icons messing up

Try this tutorial Icon Cache - Rebuild

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308723-desktop-taskbar-icons-messing-up.html
Relevancy 65.79%

let me preface with an advanced thank you for help I'm pretty certain I picked up a nasty virus a few days ago My browser suddenly attempted to open a pdf and then my taskbar amp descktop shortcuts were gone I've run every malware amp spyware under the sun including spybot adaware which shows Vundo but will not remove it AVG the Kelly tool for bringing back the taskbar and nothing has helped I've coming & TaskBar going DeskTop & Icons tried to clean up TaskBar & DeskTop Icons coming & going the registry after running HiJackThis and researching each entry but TaskBar & DeskTop Icons coming & going I have not succeeded in getting anything to work At this point the task bar amp shortcuts are appearing and disappearing ever seconds or so but will not remain I do not have an original copy of xp I do have my reinstallation CD but I have lost the registration key I'm using windows xp as my os Any help is greatly appreciated DDS Version - NTFSx Run by John at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C WINDOWS system WDBtnMgr exe C WINDOWS tsnp std exe C Documents and Settings John Desktop dds com C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system imapi exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www fairfaxpublishing com uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com keyword s BHO ef dffd -ecf - b -bb - f fdf bb - c windows system qoMfddDs dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll mRun Dell Wireless Manager UI c windows system WLTRAY mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun nwiz nwiz exe installquiet mRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exe mRun HP Component Manager quot c program files hp hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot mRun Microsoft Works Update Detection c program files common files microsoft shared works shared WkUFind exe mRun ISUSPM Startup c progra common instal update ISUSPM exe -startup mRun WD Button Manager WDBtnMgr exe mRun tsnp std c windows tsnp std exe mRun snp std c windows vsnp std exe mRun avast c progra alwils avast ashDisp exe mRun MSConfig c windows pchealth helpctr binaries MSConfig exe auto IE Add to AMV Converter - c program files mp player utilities amvconverter grab html IE Add to Media Manager - c program files mp player utilities mediamanager grab html IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin ssv dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL Trusted Zone amaena com Trusted Zone antimalwareguard com Trusted Zone antispyexpert com Trusted Zone avsystemcare com Trusted Zone gomyhit com Trusted Zone imageservr com Trusted Zone imagesrvr com Trusted Zone onerateld com Trusted Zone safetydownload com Trusted Zone sp... Read more

A:TaskBar & DeskTop Icons coming & going

Hello, jv320i
Welcome to TSF

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .

Please download OTScanIt2.exe to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt2 on your desktop.

Note: You must be logged on to the system with an account that has Administrator privileges to run this program.Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.
Open the OTScanIt2 folder and double-click on OTScanIt2.exe to start the program (if you are running on Vista then right-click the program and choose Run as Administrator).
Click the Scan All Users checkbox on the toolbar.
Under Rootkit Search click Yes
Do not change any other settings.
Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
Close Notepad (saving the change if necessry).
Use the Add Reply button and Attach the scan back here (do not copy/paste it as it will be too big to fit into the post). It will be located in the OTScanIt2 folder and named OTScanIt.txt.

In your next reply, please include the following:OTScanIt.txt (Attached)

BillyIII

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/taskbar-and-desktop-icons-coming-and-going-327922.html
Relevancy 65.79%

When I start my windows XP the desktop And Missing Icons Desktop Taskbar icons and the taskbar does not display I can access programs via the taskmanager only I cannot run the XP's control panel and explorer Nothing happens when I tried from the taskmanager I can see the taskbar flashes from the bottom of the screen and disappear I have performed most of the steps Missing Taskbar And Desktop Icons from your preparation guide Ran most of the anti virus apps that was suggested Below is the hijackThis log I captured after sweeping most of the viruses Can someone please help me Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC WINDOWS regedit exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mail yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http www dell comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http htepo com cehpmoin cmp hmr amp lid F AE A DC F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exeO - BHO Info cache - AB C -FB - D - - E BA A F - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Microsoft PCTools pctools dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Toolbar no name - A AE -FBED- -A BF- AF - no file O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS System hphmon exeO - HKLM Run HPHUPD quot C Program Files HP Photosmart hphinstall UniPatch hphupd exe quot O - HKLM Run SM BG C WINDOWS SM BG EXEO - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run Babylon Client e Program Files Babylon Babylon-Pro Babylon exe -AutoStartO - HKLM Run c de a rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system oradjaps dll quot bO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -uO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - HKCU RunOnce Setup exe quot C downloads TrendMicroPCCsmall Setup setup exe quot O - HKCU RunOnce SpybotDeletingB command c del quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM ewwevxns dllbox quot O - HKCU RunOnce SpybotDeletingD cmd c del quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM ewwevxns dllbox quot O - HKCU RunOnce SpybotDeletingB command c del quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM ewwevxns dll old quot O - HKCU RunOnce SpybotDeletingD cmd c del quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM ewwevxns dll old quot O - HKCU RunOnce SpybotDeletingB command c del quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM ewwevxns dll quot O - HKCU RunOnce SpybotDeletingD cmd c del quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM ewwevxns dll quot O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Microsoft NT Update User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce Advance Windows Host User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run Microsoft NT Update User 'Default user' O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce Advance Windows Host User 'Default user' O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk E Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE ... Read more

A:Missing Taskbar And Desktop Icons

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please post a brand new hijackthis log. If we do not hear back from you within a couple of days we will need to close your topic.When posting your logs please post them directly into the reply. Do not attach them.Also make sure you have already followed the steps outlined below:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis LogThank you for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116731/missing-taskbar-and-desktop-icons/
Relevancy 65.79%

Okay, so I recently removed some trojans using the program Spyware Doctor. Upon reboot and logging in, the taskbar and desktop icons appear, then disappear, then appear again several times before just remaining gone.

When I bring up the Processes under the Task Manager while this is going on, explorer.exe disappears and appears like the taskbar and desktop icons.

Now, thinking maybe my shell is screwed up, i went to the registry key [HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell] and made sure the shell path was "explorer.exe." It was, and nothing changed.

I have Windows XP.

Help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskbar-and-desktop-icons-disappear.703333/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a serious problem I'm not sure whether this is a virus or just a system failure-though they probably mean the same thing-this started about 4 days ago. It started off easy as I could easly figure out how to get everything open using the siple ctrl+alt+delete keys but now this is really tacking serious damge to my CPU my safe mode I believe is fully corruted it does not open at all. Also all my account besides this one have been infested with viruses out of no where. I could really use the help and I do not have the windows XP download CD can someone help me plz also explain this as simple as possible as I am only 14 years old ^.^ but plz plz reply fast and SAVE ME!!! AS ALL MY VIRUS PROTECTORS HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN DUE TO VIRUS

Relevancy 65.79%

I somehow got some malware on my computer My virus scanner removed alot of files but I have this taskbar desktop problem as well I believe there is still some malware lingering around my computer my Hijackthis log Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system desktop after gone and startup icons taskbar lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv desktop icons and taskbar gone after startup exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Program Files NetLimiter Pro nlsvc exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe desktop icons and taskbar gone after startup C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Foxit Software Foxit Reader Foxit Reader exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Andy Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http esupport sony com perl swu-download pl upd id amp SMB YES amp VU YES amp mdl VGN-SZ R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride F - REG win ini load C WINDOWS system vturq exe O - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet fgiebar dll O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run Microsoft Critical Services svhhost exe O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus SOS avp exe quot O - HKLM RunServices Microsoft Critical Services svhhost exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe quot O - HKCU Run XdriveTrayIcon quot C Program Files Xdrive Xdrive Desktop XdriveTray exe quot O - HKCU Run Omnidrive C Program Files Omnidrive Omnidrive exe O - HKCU Run XdriveTray quot C Program Files xdrive xdrive desktop xdrive exe quot trayicon O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce NeroHomeFirstStart C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMFirstStart exe User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - Startup Pointix Scroll lnk C Program Files Scroll PointixScroll exe O - Extra context menu item Download All by FlashGet - C PROGRA FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item Download using FlashGet - C PROGRA FlashGet jc link htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA Microsoft ActiveSync INetRepl dll O - Extra button no name - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA Microsoft ActiveSync INetRepl dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA Microsoft ActiveSync INetRepl dll O - Extra button Run WinHTTrack - ECAF - - F - E-AFF D C - C Program Files WinHTTrack WinHTTrackIEBar dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Launch WinHTTrack - ECAF - - F - E-AFF D C - C Program Files WinHTTrack WinHTTrackIEBar dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA Microsoft Office Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet flashget exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem amp FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet flashget exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-icons-and-taskbar-gone-after-startup.671590/
Relevancy 65.79%

Please help! They all flash on and off every 10 seconds or so for several minutes and then ultimately dissappear for good. I can still use task manager most of the time, but it also freezes up frequently. I ran trend micro security pro 2008 scan and found no virus. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Desktop Icons, Start, and Taskbar Gone

Hi please follow the steps in the link at the top of the page....Having problems with spyware and popups, once youve done those you will definately know if your computer is free of malware/spyware/viruses.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/desktop-icons-start-and-taskbar-gone-320845.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi everybody,

I am using Windows XP. On system startup I do not see any icon on desktop and no taskbar is visible. Kindly suggest what should I need to do to get these things back on their place so that I can work.

Best
Baloo

A:can't see taskbar or desktop icons on startup

Quote:

Originally Posted by baloo_mia

Hi everybody,

I am using Windows XP. On system startup I do not see any icon on desktop and no taskbar is visible. Kindly suggest what should I need to do to get these things back on their place so that I can work.

Best
Baloo

ok.... i may be hidden, have you tried the windows key its the one next to the alt key on the bottem left of the keyboard.

see if this brings up the start menu. if it does you have have other issues, like the monitor might be the wrong size and the start button of off of the screen or some one is playing a very normal joke on you :)

thanks
Wolf~

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-see-taskbar-or-desktop-icons-on-startup-285996.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Yesterday, I upgraded my Vostro 1500 laptp from WinXP to Win7 without any problem except for icon size. Correct grahpic driver (GEForce 8400M GS) for Win7 was also updated. I like the smaller icons size on desktop and taskbar in WinXP with native screen resolution of 1280 x 800. After converting to win7, the screen size was also restored to 1280 x 800 too. But the icons size on both desktop and taskbar is rather bigger in Win7. (Text size is just fine). I could not resize the same icon size as in Win XP. I tried to change but 9 point Segoe UI at 96pixels per inch is default in Win7. The scale to the percentage of normal size is 100% or above, not less than 100%. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

A:How to re-size icons on desktop and taskbar?

Just right click the open space on the desktop and choose view - small icons.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/169358-how-re-size-icons-desktop-taskbar.html