Windows Support Forum

After installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 7, I cannot load Windows

Q: After installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 7, I cannot load Windows

Hi all I've been researching on how to fix this problem all Windows Ubuntu cannot alongside Windows I After load 7, installing day and I haven't made any progress Hopefully you guys can help I installed Ubuntu alongside Windows on my little sister's HP Mini and Ubuntu is up and running like a champ but when I select to boot Windows I get only a blinking cursor After installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 7, I cannot load Windows I made a Windows repair disk and used Bootrec exe to try and fix the MBR which I thought was probably the issue At first I used only the command FixMbr and then when I booted I got a screen with a lot of text Unfortunately I don't remember what it said now but it was something along the lines of Windows not being able to boot I have since used the commands fixboot and RebuildBCD after backing up my BCD as detailed in this Microsoft article I now only ever see a blinking cursor in the top left corner I am unable to get to a boot selection menu I really have no idea what to do now and I'm having extreme difficulty finding out what to do from here I really appreciate any help you are able to lend Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: After installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 7, I cannot load Windows

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: After installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 7, I cannot load Windows

are you still able to boot to ubuntu after trying those fixes? also did you create your own partitions for linux or did you let ubuntu create them? finally was win 7 the original os that came with the computer?

if you are able to boot to linux, go to the file explorer (not sure of what it is called in ubuntu - same as windows explorer) and make sure the windows partition is there. if not able to boot to linux, boot to the ubuntu live disk and check.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/after-installing-ubuntu-alongside-windows-7-i-cannot-load-windows-903369.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I want to install ubuntu 16.04 alongside with windows 10 so that i get dual boot option. I have already installed windows 10 and have left 250 GB unpartitioned for ubuntu. I tried installing it once but Grub was not working properly. And windows was the default OS so that i had to go to boot menu every time to switch to ubuntu. I tried almost all the methods available on the net for making Grub as the default boot loader. Please anyone help me by giving me the procedure for doing the same. Thank you in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-install-ubuntu-16-04-alongside-with-windows-10/td-p/5738963
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey Guys,
its ibulletproof and this is my first post in this forum
Getting back to the topic
So in this thread i just wanted to know that can anyone tell me that how can install linux ubuntu alongside windows 8.1.I already have all the things required like bootable CD/USB , linux ubuntu 12.04 LTE.iso .
The problem with it is that in most of the youtube videos i have seen , is that they say about not having more than 4 partitions.But currently it shows in my computer management that i have so many partitions. And i have heard some of the people crashed their system while installing it.
So can anyone please tell the steps involved and anything i might need to change , it would be really appretiated.
My Laptop Specs :- 6GB Ram
intel i5 3230m
1TB HDD
Amd radeon hd 8570 and intel graphics
Regards ibulletproof.

A:How can I Install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS alongside Windows 8.1

Hello,

Welcome to the forum!

The easiest way you are going to do this as long as you have either windows 8 or 8.1 pro / enterprise 64 bit is to install hyper-V and install it as a virtual machine:

How to use Hyper-V:

Hyper-V - How to Use in Windows 8

How to install a linux machine:

Hyper-V ? Create Linux Virtual Machine in Windows 8
There are other type two hypervisors you could use for example oracle virtualbox

Oracle Virtualbox:

https://www.virtualbox.org/
My honest opinion would if your system/license allows would be to use Hyper-V which is a free built in Windows feature as your hypervisor. This will not only help you learn about virtualisation but it is also a Enterprise standard hypervisor which is worth learning and is extremely power yet simple to use.
This is going to be much easier than worrying about dual booting you can also use both operating systems at the same time.

Hope this helps

Harry

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/41345-how-can-i-install-ubuntu-12-04-lts-alongside-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi,

I wanna install Ubuntu (dual boot) alongside Windows. Is it as simple as just booting from the Live CD, selecting install Ubuntu, making a partition from the hard drive and installing? Is that it? After Ubuntu get's installed, when I boot up the computer, will it give me the option to boot from Windows or Ubuntu?

Slasher

A:Run Ubuntu 11 as dual boot alongside Windows

Hello.

Yes that's the way but using separate HDDs to boot them separately would save you a bunch of head-aches later.

How to Dual Boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/165485-run-ubuntu-11-dual-boot-alongside-windows.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Please I desperately need help. After being a Windows user for a very long time I have this past year been introduced to Linux, specifically Ubuntu, at the beginning of this year. Linux and Ubuntu is great and at the moment I cant work without it. The only reason why I sometime still use Windows is to edit my Word docs etc. I have recently purchased a new HP Envy x360 laptop which has Windows 10.1 preinstalled. The first thing I did when I got the laptop was to install Ubuntu alongside Windows with no luck. The installation process goes quite far but just before it is finish I get a pop up window error which says the following: 'grub-efi-amd64-signed failed to install into /target/. Without GRUB boot loader, the installed system will not boot'. Please can someone help me as at the moment it seems I have bought this laptop which is actually useless.Thank you very much

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unable-to-install-Ubuntu-16-04-1-LTS-alongside-Windows-10-1/td-p/5804861
Relevancy 92.45%

Please I desperately need help. After being a Windows user for a very long time I have this past year been introduced to Linux, specifically Ubuntu, at the beginning of this year. Linux and Ubuntu i sgreat and at the moment I cant work without it. The only reason why I sometime still use Windows is to edit my Word docs etc. I have recently purchased a new HP Envy x360 laptop which has Windows 10.1 preinstalled. The first thing I did when I got the laptop was to install Ubuntu alongside Windows with no luck. The installation process goes quite far but just before it is finish I get a pop up window error which says the following: 'grub-efi-amd64-signed failed to install into /target/. Without GRUB boot loader, the installed system will not boot'. Please can someone help me as at the moment it seems I have bought this laptop which is actually useless.Thank you very much

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unable-to-install-Ubuntu-16-04-1-LTS-alongside-Windows-10-1/td-p/5804862
Relevancy 92.45%

I would like to run Windows 10 and Ubuntu, preferably on a Surface Pro 4, but not tied to that. This is for a student who would like to be able to use both. Will Bash be enough? Is there a better configuration? Thanks

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441920-there-recommended-configuration-would-allow-me-run-ubuntu-alongside-windows.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi All I m Solved: 7 alongside Installing Windows XP a beginner so please bear with me I m hoping to install the Windows RC onto my PC tomorrow As far as I can tell all I need to do is create a separate partition on the hard drive then install the disc Solved: Installing Windows 7 alongside XP My concern Solved: Installing Windows 7 alongside XP is how do I tell Windows which partition to load onto If the installation procedure asks me which partition to load it to then I can direct it to the correct drive and all should be fine but if it doesn t ask me I m concerned it will load into c drive and therefor wipe everything off the machine I ll have my info backed-up and I m happy with creating partitions but i m unsure how to tell windows which drive to load to I d read that I can make the c drive inactive and I can also hide it but if I do so how will the machine boot Or do I not need the machine to boot as I m loading on O S disc Getting more confused as I write this I d appreciate any help anyone can provide Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

I'm doing this on behalf my friend who I'm helping do the dual boot and we have come across errors and messages etcetera such as quot the partitions on the disk selected for installation are not in the recommended order GPT quot we clicked OK to proceed but we finally got windows installed using UEFI mode However the problem we're having now is that some kind of Windows lookalike boot loader appears but it appears in a fancy installing Problems Windows 8 7 after alongside Windows graphical way such as the white bars at the top and bottom move across the screen slowly and the text comes in at a line at a time When it does appear it says pick an operating system but when we try and Problems after installing Windows 7 alongside Windows 8 move using the keyboard is doesn't do anything so we can't get back into Windows at all The other major problems we're getting is with Windows being the default OS on the boot loader list this is the OS that gets booted up because we have no keyboard to change otherwise but that has problems booting up itself Where it says Microsoft Corporation at the bottom of the screen this doesn't show up till seconds in and then the coloured Window logo appears also very slowly The whole Windows boot is extremely slow and when Windows does load there are loads of drivers needed to get the Ethernet and wireless cards to work etc What do I do to speed up the Windows boot and how do I fix the boot manager so that I can get back into Windows P S Windows - Lenovo Pre-installed the OS and Windows was installed AFTER Windows

A:Problems after installing Windows 7 alongside Windows 8

Problems after installing Windows 7 alongside Windows 8

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/282809-problems-after-installing-windows-7-alongside-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I'm doing this on behalf my friend who I'm helping do the dual boot and we have come across errors and messages etcetera such as quot the partitions on the disk selected for installation are not in the recommended order GPT quot we clicked OK to proceed but we finally got windows installed using UEFI mode However the problem we're having now is that some kind of Windows lookalike boot loader Windows Problems alongside 7 installing Windows after 8 appears but it appears in a fancy graphical way such as the white bars at the top and bottom move across the screen slowly and the text Problems after installing Windows 7 alongside Windows 8 comes in at a line at a time When it does appear it says pick an operating system but when we try and move using the keyboard is doesn't do anything so we can't get back into Windows at all The other major problems we're getting is with Windows being the default OS on the boot loader list this is the OS that gets booted up because we have no keyboard to change otherwise but that has problems booting up itself Where it says Microsoft Corporation at the bottom of the screen this doesn't show up till seconds in and then the coloured Window logo appears also very slowly The whole Windows boot is extremely slow and when Windows does load there are loads of drivers needed to get the Ethernet and wireless cards to work etc What do I do to speed up the Windows boot and how do I fix the boot manager so that I can get back into Windows P S Windows - Lenovo Pre-installed the OS and Windows was installed AFTER Windows

A:Problems after installing Windows 7 alongside Windows 8

Welcome to EightForums.

For boot, try a Automatic Repair
How to do a Automatic Repair:
Automatic Repair - Run in Windows 8
Note: You may need to do startup repair 3 to 4 times.
Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times - Windows 7 Help Forums

For missing drivers, download from Lenovo web site.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/22299-problems-after-installing-windows-7-alongside-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

How would one go about installing Windows 7 (assuming one has a legitimate Windows 7 CD) on a dual boot, on a computer that has only Linux (precisely Linux Mint) as an OS?

Recently, a nasty virus on my Windows 7 partition basically destroyed its boot system (dual-boot with a ~500 GB hard drive, 30 GB allocated to Linux Mint 17.1). Upon restarting the computer, the computer would become stuck on a blank screen with a flashing cursor on the top-left; not even the GRUB menu would show up (and F11 recovery option is basically obliterated). Currently, I have/I am using a USB with Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela burnt onto it.

Rather than go through the hassle of repairing the Windows system, I am considering installing Linux Mint as the sole system (thus formatting the drive), and later installing Windows 7 as a dual-boot system. My main concern is if that is possible.

Relevancy 80.41%

I would like to purchase and install another copy of Windows dedicated entirely to French. I know that I need an additional license, and my question is about how to install it and on which drive? I already have a dual boot Windows 7 and Xubuntu. Also, I am planning to transfer the current C: drive and the new OS drive to a 250GB SSD.

My current setup is a single 500MB Seagate SATA 3

C: current boot drive: drive 80GB
D: 50GB data
E: 60GB data
F: 60GB data
W: 90GB data
Ext4 25GB Xubuntu
Ext4 42GB data
Ext4 42 data
Swap 6GB

A:Installing a copy of French Windows 7 alongside the current English

You can install it on any drive or partition you want. It should be at least 60 GB.

Personally if you have room in your box for another drive, that`s what I would put it on.

Use a Solid State Drive, they are cheap

SSD 850 EVO 2.5" SATA III 120GB | Samsung Solid State Drives

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/365042-installing-copy-french-windows-7-alongside-current-english.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi everyone,

I have a Dell 3531 Laptop currently running Windows 10,

I'd like to install Windows Vista on a VHD so I can dual boot Windows 10 and Vista. I've tried it a few times but I can't figure it out. I was wondering if anyone could help me on how to do it, or if it is even possible to do.

I know it may sound a little weird that I want to dual boot windows 10 with such an older version of windows, but I have my reasons!!!

Thanks!!

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/50457-installing-windows-xp-alongside-windows-10-via-vhd.html
Relevancy 79.12%

So I purchased a new Thinkpad and had it pre-loaded with Windows 8. Now I regret that decision for many reasons and would like to install Windows 7 while keeping Windows 8 intact. The partition Windows 8 is sitting was quite large so I shrunk the volume via 'Disk Management' and allocated more than enough to run both operating systems in their own partition. Everything looked good from there and I was ready to proceed with the install of Windows 7 with the use of my DVD until it got to the section where setup asks which partition to install to. Choosing the empty NTFS partition setup gives me the following message and I can't proceed, "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style." Is there any easy way around this? I'm guessing this is because Windows 8 was installed via UEFI and GPT...

A:Installing Windows 7 alongside Windows 8

You can install Windows 7 in dual boot first or second.
Follow Step one to five in this tutorial:
Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7

Than follow this tutorial:
Dual Boot Installation - Windows 8 and Windows 7 or Vista

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/268930-installing-windows-7-alongside-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi i have hp notebook 15-r207nx and when i set up ubuntu alongside win 8.1 and doing restart it must show a page of choice between ubuntu or win 8.1but it didn't appear what i should to do one person tells me to do grub rescu but no error in my laptop

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/open-ubuntu-alongside-win-8-1/td-p/5719276
Relevancy 72.24%

HI guys this is my first post so any help welcome.

I bought a few HP desktops from a bankruptcy auction thinking that they would have Windows installed but I loaded one up and it has this system called ubuntu. This is despite there being a Windows product sticker and validation code on the computer.

So I have the product code but the problem is they were supplied with no disk.

So my 1st question is, how do I install Windows without the disk and remove ubuntu.

My second is what operating system have I bought? The sticker on the PC says Its for Windows 7 Pro but then another sticker below says Windows 7 downgraded to XP Pro.

Many thanks for your time

A:Bought old PCs with ubuntu. How do I load Windows?

Ubuntu is Linux. Linux is a free OS. You need a Windows disc to install Windows, there is no other way. You can order a Windows recovery disc for this computer from HP: Looking for HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive? | HP? Support
Other then that you can purchase the retail version of Windows from Ebay or Craigslist.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bought-old-pcs-with-ubuntu-how-do-i-load-windows-761737.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello tech friends I am trouble shooting an older eMachine laptop While being used by an inexperienced teenager the PC stopped being able to boot up It runs load Windows Ubuntu but Laptop can't can run Ubuntu on a CD with no problem so I have moved all important docs off the hard drive However when I try to use the recovery disks to restore Windows XP Laptop runs Ubuntu but can't load Windows the process is interrupted in the middle of the second disk with an error message including the following KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR Technical Information STOP x A xE E xC xBF BE FA x win k sys - Address BF BE FA base at BF Datestamp d de e Without Windows I don t think I can use diagnostics like Sandra to narrow down the hardware problem s I have researched the error codes but no luck there Are there diagnostics that run through Ubuntu I ran the Ubuntu system test which did not show any problems Is there anything more I can do Many thanks for any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

i was dual booting with windows 7 and ubuntu. i wanted to remove ubuntu so i formatted the hd it was on (not on the same hd as w7), but now, my pc wont start up. i tried the repair feature with the windows disc as well as restoring to a previous back up. windows 7 does not show up as an option. so i removed the hd that ubuntu was on, and still nothing. the pc wont even load. all i get is the flashing cursor on the screen.

now, i put in the windows 7 disc and selected to try and find my os, My Computer pops up and i am able to see my files and the hd that windows is on. but it tells me to load a driver. im not sure where to find this driver.

any help would be greatly appreciated

A:windows wont load after removing ubuntu

let me also mentioned that i tried to reinstall ubuntu to the hd and it did not work. i tried to install a different version of windows 7 over the hd and nothing. i got a message saying that the format (NTFS) was not usable with windows 7. i removed the hd from my pc, put it into an external case and connected it to a laptop. it was not recognized.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/92352-windows-wont-load-after-removing-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 71.38%

First I had windows ultimate x running format installing and after of windows old ubuntu Help Windows 7 on my pc Then I installed a Ubuntu alongside it and got the dual boot to work properly Then I decided to do a fresh reinstall of windows However something went wrong during this process Help installing Windows 7 after format of old windows and ubuntu and on the last step of the installation I get an error reading quot Windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computers hardware quot I assume this is because I still have a separate partition for Ubuntu so I formatted and deleted that partition but I couldn't extend the primary partition onto the previous linux partition Also I just noticed a GB linux partition still present so I'm going to try the same with it I also booted into Ubuntu on my flashdrive but couldn't use gparted to extend the partition So right now there is not operating system on my PC This is all being done on a GB ssd but I have other hard drives connected to the PC as well I just need some help to install Windows onto my SSD Thanks update I managed to combine the partitions original windows original ubuntu and the GB linux partition but I still get the same error when trying to install Windows

A:Help installing Windows 7 after format of old windows and ubuntu

Did you run the clean command at first boot on the hard drive ?

Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command

DISKPART : At PC Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/357023-help-installing-windows-7-after-format-old-windows-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I tried installing a Linux distribution by partitioning my hard drive... Near the end of the installation, I got an error message informing me that grub-install had failed. I canceled the install, and restarted my computer.

Now when Windows 8.1 is trying to load, it stops, giving me this message: "Your computer ran into an error and needs to restart. We are collecting some info, and then we'll restart for you."

There was another thread on this forum that had the same issue (http://forums.techguy.org/windows-8/1135019-windows-8-1-error-lenovo.html, but the thread is closed. The problem seems to be that the partition I created for Linux infringed on some invisible recovery partition... Assuming that is the problem, how do I fix it? I can't get back into Windows to look at things.

Relevancy 71.38%

I have a Dell laptop. I want to do a dual install, first Windows 7 followed by Ubuntu 13.04.
I would like to know if Ubuntu 13.04 installs as it normally does when installing with Windows 7.
I know Ubuntu 13.04 does not install easily with Windows 8 so I am curious about Windows 7.
I am not looking for any information on installing Ubuntu with Windows 8. I am only interested in installing Windows 7 and Ubuntu 13,04.
If anyone is interested, I have tried Windows 8 and absolutely despise so much about it.
Thank you

A:Installing Ubuntu 13.04 with Windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by jrj350

I have a Dell laptop. I want to do a dual install, first Windows 7 followed by Ubuntu 13.04.
I would like to know if Ubuntu 13.04 installs as it normally does when installing with Windows 7.
I know Ubuntu 13.04 does not install easily with Windows 8 so I am curious about Windows 7.
I am not looking for any information on installing Ubuntu with Windows 8. I am only interested in installing Windows 7 and Ubuntu 13,04.
If anyone is interested, I have tried Windows 8 and absolutely despise so much about it.
Thank you

Here are the instructions I use to set-up dual boots...

Ubuntu Guide

Quote:
A user may experience problems dual-booting Ubuntu and Windows. In general, a Windows OS should be installed first, because its bootloader is very particular. A default Windows installation usually occupies the entire hard drive, so the main Windows partition needs to be shrunk, creating free space for the Ubuntu partitions...

Ubuntu Raring Installation -

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/297875-installing-ubuntu-13-04-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Wasn t sure if this should go in Windows OS or other but here it is So my pc has XP pro installed and Ubuntu I have it setup with a gig partition for XP a 7 Windows Ubuntu & XP Installing with a Pro PC on gig for Ubuntu and then rest of Installing Windows 7 on a PC with XP Pro & Ubuntu the gig hdd is for storage and has my My documents and program files on it I also have a TB hdd in there What I would like to do is create new partition on one of the hdd that part I know how to do then install windows on that partition I have been trying to find a guide to help me but they are either just answers to specific questions guides for vista xp amp Ubuntu or guides for doing the hole thing from scratch or get very technical in Linux and go over my head Oh I should also let you know I am a Linux Noob and have Ubuntu on there to play around with it some and try to learn on a linux OS Anyways does anyone have a nice guide as to how to do this Or is it fairly simple and I can just dive right in Also would it be better to make the partition for Win on the gig with the other OS s on it or the other hdd Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-windows-7-on-a-pc-with-xp-pro-ubuntu.135221/
Relevancy 71.38%

Cannot install linux version using wubi windows installer I am Windows 8 Installing with Ubuntu Help 12 currently using windows bit professional Error message An error occurred Error executing command gt gt command C WINDOWS sysnative bcdedit e lt e set l cb bf - - e - -f d b ac l device partition br gt gt retval br gt gt stderr An error has occurred setting the element data br The request is not supported br gt gt stdout br For more information please see Help Installing Ubuntu 12 with Windows 8 the log file br c users evan appdataMocal temp wubi- -rev log br br Please help me find out a way thanks in advance blockquote div div div div class cleardiv div br -- EF Tip -- div id 'div-gpt-ad- - ' style 'width px height px margin-bottom - px ' script type 'text javascript' googletag cmd push function googletag display 'div-gpt-ad- - ' script div div a Help Installing Ubuntu 12 with Windows 8 style text-decoration none color grey href javascript onmousedown if document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'none' document Help Installing Ubuntu 12 with Windows 8 getElementById 'EF ' style display 'block' else document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'none' nbsp nbsp My System Specs a You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this OS Win pro bit

A:Help Installing Ubuntu 12 with Windows 8

Find the log file in app data in windows windows explorer.

My guess is you didn't select the option to boot alongside windows...

You can always get a second hard drive, but I doubt you want too.

Ask this question on Ubuntu forums, the devs and geeks there can help you more than here.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/11910-help-installing-ubuntu-12-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I was running Windows but long story short the OS crashed and I had no access to my product key to reinstall it so now I'm running Ubuntu I'm starting to get a feel for Ubuntu and it's really not too bad Ubuntu from Installing 8 Windows but I miss Windows and would like to switch back I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for it though so I'm hoping to take advantage of Installing Windows 8 from Ubuntu my student discount before my college kicks me off there system Installing Windows 8 from Ubuntu since I graduated The only thing I can find with a discount though is thishttp www microsoftstore com store msusa en US pdp Windows- -Pro-Upgrade- E -Student-Offer productID It's the Windows Pro Upgrade Will I be able to use this to install Windows from a non-Windows OS I don't want to buy it only to realize that I need a Windows OS to use it My machine has a Windows Vista OEM but it's near impossible to find a legit Windows Vista ISO to go back to that and upgrade to Windows Thanks for all the help

A:Installing Windows 8 from Ubuntu

Open source virtualization software VirtualBox was available in the Ubuntu repositories, meaning Virtualbox is a one-click install for Ubuntu users and yes, it is possible to run Windows under UBUNTU. However, I saw most people doing the other way around, including myself. I have both UBUNTU and Linux Mint installed as Virtual Machines, In addition, I also installed a light weight UNIX (UWIN from AT&T) and running shell scripts using ksh, vi etc...

If you can get an upgrade key for Windows 8.1 and somehow manage to download the Windows 8.1 Pro ISO then you will not need Vista or 7 to be installed to do the upgrade. You can just do a fresh install and it is much better this way.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/49268-installing-windows-8-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I'd like to start by saying I'm not very good with computers I'm a complete noob infact Which is why it probably was not a good idea Ubuntu Installing 7 over Windows to install Ubuntu But now I am trying to rectify this problem So I popped in the full install version of Windows Home Premium and booted from the disk I got up to the part where it asks me to select a partition One is something like GB with no free space and the other is GB Installing Windows 7 over Ubuntu with no free space It won't let me install on either and the reason it gives is something like it's not in NTFS format I don't know what this means Please help And if you do choose to reply act like you're talking to a preschooler because I am when it comes to computers x x In addition alot of Ubuntu forums say 'boot from the live CD' or so but I installed Ubuntu with a USB stick Does it matter Thanks Lisa

A:Installing Windows 7 over Ubuntu

You will probably need to format your HD & do a clean install of win7

Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/134133-installing-windows-7-over-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 71.38%

HI
I have just had limited success installing Ubuntu 12.10 onto an external diskon my new Samsung (series 3) Windows 8 laptop.
The secure boot and fast start up have been disabled.
The situation now is that Windows or Ubuntu will not boot up after pressing the power button, when doing this I get a dark screen with the following message:
error: no such device: 6dada016-95df-4ef5-a343-4a77e8afd396
grub rescue >_
I can now only boot up either program by hitting the F10 key directly afterpressing the power button, I then have to select one of the options in the boot options before themachine will boot (both systems boot up as normal when following this option).
Ideally, if the external drive is not plugged into the USB port I want mylaptop to boot directly into Windows 8. Can this be achieved?. I would like to start Ubuntu through the settings, change PC settings option.
Regards
Northerner

A:Installing Ubuntu In Windows 8

If you're getting that error message with no external drive connected, then you accidentally installed GRUB to your internal hard drive -- which could have been avoided if you had simply disconnected the internal drive when installing Ubuntu to the external drive.

What you will need to do is remove GRUB from your internal drive but since your Win8 PC uses UEFI, and I have no experience with that, I can't help you fix it. Sorry.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/19001-installing-ubuntu-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I had two OS on my pc Windows 7 and Ubuntu. i was using the ubuntu loader to load my OS's after installed windows 8 i can only see windows 7. All these OS's are in separate partitions. So how do i get my ubuntu back important projects are in that partition

A:Ubuntu gone after installing windows 8

Try:-

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Re...rosoft%20Vista

Obviously replace "Vista" with "Win 8" - should work.

Regards

Robin

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/7754-ubuntu-gone-after-installing-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi,earlier i had windows 7 on two partitions and Ubuntu on one.Then I re-installed windows 7 on one partition.Now OS Boot menu is not shown at startup.The new OS starts directly.How can i add entries of old Ubuntu and windows 7?

A:Installing windows 7 over Ubuntu...

So you had:

-win7 OS on a partition
-other win7 OS on another partition
-ubuntu on another partition

Please post screenshot of disk management in win7.
Did you always saw the grub bootmenu on boot or the win7 bootmanager?
Did you reinstall win7 by deleting everything first on that partition (or recreate the partition)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/257453-installing-windows-7-over-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello,

I had Win XP and Ubuntu (through Wubi) installed in my 500 GB SATA hard disk. I installed Windows 8 in another 80 GB ATA hard disk. When I rebooted, I was unable to log into Win XP or Ubuntu; just Windows 8. How can I get back Windows XP and Ubuntu installations?

Thanks,
Emma Good.

A:Cannot run Win XP or ubuntu after installing Windows 8

Emma, this sometimes works. When you start-up, you have to watch the opening information, and hopefully, you'll see a menu that gives you a choice of which system to boot into. It will tell you that Win 8 is your default choice. You can then change the default or choose another OS.

But since you're using two hard drives, it's possible that Win 8 doesn't know the other drive exists.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/6071-cannot-run-win-xp-ubuntu-after-installing-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,

I'm wanting to upgrade my laptop to Windows 8. I currently have Ubuntu 12.10 installed alongside Windows 7. I've had a lot of trouble getting ubuntu installed and working (AMD graphics ) so I'd like to just leave that as is.

Is it possible to just install windows 8 over W7 in the same partition? How do I go about doing that? Is it as straight forward as just putting the disk in or is the whole secure boot thing going to cause issues? I want to do a clean install rather than using the upgrade assistant to install W8 over W7.

Cheers

A:Installing windows 8 with Ubuntu 12.10 already in place

If you install Windows 8, it will replace your current bootloader and quite likely Ubuntu will no longer boot. Here is an article that will help to restore GRUB bootloader after Windows has overwritten it.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/19082-installing-windows-8-ubuntu-12-10-already-place.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi guys,

I tried installing ubuntu on my HP pavilion dm4 today by dual booting it and keeping both windows 7 and ubuntu on the different partitions. I installed ubuntu 10.10 succesfully but the thing was when i am restarting the laptop..its asking me to choose the operating system but when i choose windows 7 it says to repair the system and to repair i should have a Windows 7 DVD. I got the system 10 days back and i had no back up of the system and i think my HP recovery was also crashed. I dont know what to do..Can anyone suggest me how to bring my WIndows back?

the good thing was ubuntu was working good and i am using it now...

A:my windows crashed while installing ubuntu

A new HP will have recovery options available at bootup. I think it's usually F11, but you can look on the screen to see the correct button. This will allow you to start from scratch.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/141138-my-windows-crashed-while-installing-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I was running on my laptop a vista (OEM install from HP) which was installed over 2 partitions, one for the OS and another "recovery" partition. When installed windows 7, I shrank the vista partition and installed windows 7 onto the free space, leaving the recovery partition, so I ended up with vista, win7, HP recovery partition, which worked fine.

I just installed ubuntu 10.04 over windows vista, and the menu recognizes

Quote:
windows vista (loader) (on /dev/sda3)

which is the recovery partition, and when I select that it goes to the menu for vista to repair an installation.

I have 2 questions:
1: how can I get windows 7 working again? (reinstall bootloader?)
2: to get windows 7 working again should I delete the HP Recovery partition? since windows 7 doesnt make any use of it...

Many thanks!

A:cannot boot windows 7 after installing ubuntu!

Quote: Originally Posted by civint

I was running on my laptop a vista (OEM install from HP) which was installed over 2 partitions, one for the OS and another "recovery" partition. When installed windows 7, I shrank the vista partition and installed windows 7 onto the free space, leaving the recovery partition, so I ended up with vista, win7, HP recovery partition, which worked fine.

I just installed ubuntu 10.04 over windows vista, and the menu recognizes

Quote:
windows vista (loader) (on /dev/sda3)

which is the recovery partition, and when I select that it goes to the menu for vista to repair an installation.

I have 2 questions:
1: how can I get windows 7 working again? (reinstall bootloader?)
2: to get windows 7 working again should I delete the HP Recovery partition? since windows 7 doesnt make any use of it...

Many thanks!

You need to use a program like bcdedit. instructions on how to usse it are here. BCDEDIT - How to Use

Yes you can delete the recovery partition.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/84430-cannot-boot-windows-7-after-installing-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I want to install Windows but I have Ubuntu 12.10 installed. Upon installation, I get "Windows 7 cannot be installed on this partition because the format is not NTFS,and is not enough space on the disk". There's two partitions Ubuntu is using (Disk 0 and 1). Both of them are full.

I need a step-by-step explanation (help) on how I should go about this. Can I just select to "delete" both the partitions through the installation process, and Windows will just create a new suitable one for itself? Or...is that not enough?

A:Uninstalling Ubuntu, Installing Windows 7

Deleting the partitions will completely remove Ubuntu from the HDD because you will be eliminating the partitions that contain data. Afterwards you can re-partition as you like or let Windows handle it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/286451-uninstalling-ubuntu-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Need help badly. This netbook, has ubuntu installed. I wanted to put Windows 7 on it but I can't see the HDD during setup. BIOS detects it just fine.

I have read that Ubuntu does something to the partitions. When I do diskpart, list disk, I can only see one disk with 15GB space (Netbook has 160GB HDD). When I go into recovery in windows 7 and go command prompt it sends me directly to "X:sources" where X seems to be some kind of Windows 7 recovery image???
Please help if you have experience, need a stept by step guide or tutorial on this.

Thank you.

A:Installing Windows 7 (can't see HDD) (has ubuntu installed atm)

I guess the 15 GB is the disk space in which ubuntu is installed . Do you want to keep ubuntu or not ?

Download Partition Wizard Bootable CD , burn it in a disk . Boot from the PW disk , you will see the rest as unpartitioned space . Format it as NTFS primary partition (if you want to keep ubuntu, otherwise you may format the entire disk as NTFS primary using partition wizard ) .

Now you can install windows .

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/120964-installing-windows-7-cant-see-hdd-has-ubuntu-installed-atm.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Well, I've been trying to get some games running on Ubuntu 12.04 for a couple of months now and finally got sick of it. Decided to set up a dual-boot with Windows 7 and use Ubuntu solely for school purposes.
Anyways, the problem: I can't seem to boot from the install disk. I've changed the BIOS options to boot from a removable DVD first, but that doesn't work, and simply using boot options on startup doesn't show the disk as an available boot location.
All of the pages I've found say I need to format the drive, but none actually explain how. If anyone has experience with Ubuntu 12.04 and installing Windows, help would be appreciated.

A:Trouble installing Windows 7 over Ubuntu 12.04

Dual Boot - Windows 7 and Linux - Windows 7 Forums

If you have problems with the steps ask the tutorial author in its Comments section.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/310933-trouble-installing-windows-7-over-ubuntu-12-04-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have uBuntu installed on my Compaq CQ42 right now. I want to install Windows 7 but when I boot from a DVD I get a black screen and a blinking cursor.

When I boot from a USB Drive, I'm able to enter the setup and boot properly but when I click Custom Install, I get this error:

No drives were found .Click load driver to provide mass storage

When I browse, I'm unable to locate my hdd, it just show a drive which is the USB, cd rom etc but not my laptop HDD.

How do I install Windows 7 side by side ubuntu.

Please help

A:Problem installing windows 7 on ubuntu 11.04

It should work like this: Dual Boot - Windows 7 and Linux - Windows 7 Forums

Is Ubuntu booting? If not is the HD even registering in BIOS setup? If not check cables and test the HD with maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan followed by a full Disk Check.

Sometimes GRUB can corrupt Win7 to where it won't repair or install. You may need to wipe the HD first with Diskpart Clean Command to clear the boot sector of code, allowing install of Win7 and then Linux.

Where did you get Win7? Is this a known good installer which works on another PC? If not try another ISO from Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/289701-problem-installing-windows-7-ubuntu-11-04-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Some time ago I had installed Ubuntu over Windows 7 completely. At the time I had Windows 8 and to put it lightly, I didn't really like it as much as I thought I would have.
But I keep having thoughts of reinstalling my Windows 7 just because I miss my games so much. xD

If you're wondering if this has a CD, it doesn't. It was preinstalled on an Acer Aspire that I bought off Amazon.com. So what I'm trying to figure out is how to reinstall Windows 7 that is still in my desktop somewhere from Ubuntu. Not sure if this should completely be in this Windows 7 forum or in some other forum. >.>

A:How to Reinstall Windows 7 after Installing Ubuntu

Did the computer come with a recovery disc? Or perhaps there is a recovery partition or drive on the laptop itself.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-reinstall-windows-7-after-installing-ubuntu-643151.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hey Alright here s my deal I hope ya ll can help The Bottom-Line Short-Version I bought a couple PC s with Ubuntu Linux installed I need XP on it My XP Install disc doesn t work error pops up if I tried to partition the Windows Installing Ubuntu XP (Error over :Help Msg): drive I ll mess it up for sure what the hell do I do What I ve Done Detailed-Version :Help Installing Windows XP over Ubuntu (Error Msg): I recently bought a couple computers Dell Optiple X GX that originally had the XP OS on it currently Ubuntu Linux resides as the OS which is a bad thing in this case I would like to uninstall delete Ubuntu and put Windows XP or any other version for this matter as my main amp ONLY operating system I have a Windows XP :Help Installing Windows XP over Ubuntu (Error Msg): Installation Disc that I TRIED to use and install I downloaded Wine amp Crossover each opens the EXE on the disc and allows me to explore In Setup it asks What do you want to do When I click :Help Installing Windows XP over Ubuntu (Error Msg): Install Windows XP it goes to the installation screen with the numbered steps on left column and then an error message pops up Windows Setup has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience You will need to rerun setup in order to install Windows Choosing dynamic update during setup will possibly remedy this error So you re thinking Why don t you try disabling dynamic update dumbass Well on the numbered list on the left-hand column Step is Dynamic Update whereas I can t even get through Step So I don t think that s an option for me I ve researched this problem online and some people say Get the Ubuntu Live CD and try uninstalling it with that Got it the only thing that happens after I select an option in the Ubuntu Live CD Menu is a box keeps popping up saying Extracting then you see the percent bar bouncing from - like times then nothing happens I ve saw people suggest partitioning the hard drive which is Gigs I know NOTHING about that Even if I knew how to start doing it I couldn t tell ya the parameters to set All them numbers HA I m completely clueless on that If anybody knows anything I can try or do I would greatly appreciate the advice I could do a dual-boot I guess rather not but beggars can t be choosers BTW I do also have another hard drive I could hook-up which has Windows or XP on it if this helps the matter Not exactly sure how but I think I have a round-about idea if not I can easily research it online Thanks for your time and help I appreciate you at least reading all this -Shinin High- Jeremy nbsp

A::Help Installing Windows XP over Ubuntu (Error Msg):

Correct me if I'm wrong but it appears to me that you are trying to remove Ubuntu while actually working in Ubuntu itself. Have you tried booting directly from the Windows disc? You will need to format the hard drive while working off the Windows disc. If you cannot boot from the Windows disc then you will have to get another copy of it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-installing-windows-xp-over-ubuntu-error-msg.757060/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have Installing Windows in Ubuntu with Problem 7 downloaded MB Desktop Edition from it's official website I'm installing Problem in Installing Ubuntu with Windows 7 it along with Windows Home While Installing I got the following screen first allocate drive Space Install alongside other OS Erase and Use the entire disc Specify partitions manually advanced I have chosen Manually Partitioning option rd Option There I got directed to free space option which is Unallocated space that I created in Windows it shows free space MB After clicking on free space I got one window for quot Create Partition quot which says A Type of new partition Primary Logical Selected B New Partition size in MB C Location for new partition Beginning End Question Which one to select is selected by default Problem in Installing Ubuntu with Windows 7 D Use as Ext Journalising File System E Mount Point After pressing quot OK quot button I got the following Problem in Installing Ubuntu with Windows 7 message You have not selected any partition for use as swap space Go Back Continue Please help me how to select swap spaces Kindly leave your email address also so that I can contact you if I encounter any problem after performing your steps

A:Problem in Installing Ubuntu with Windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by Akhare1

I have downloaded 695MB Desktop Edition from it's official website,I'm installing it along with Windows 7 Home?

While Installing I got the following screen first :

allocate drive Space

1) Install alongside other OS
2) Erase and Use the entire disc
3) Specify partitions manually(advanced)

I have chosen Manually Partitioning option(3rd Option).There I got directed to free space option which is Unallocated space that I created in Windows 7.

it shows free space 20973MB

After clicking on free space, I got one window for "Create Partition" which says:

A)Type of new partition 1) Primary 2)Logical (Selected)

B)New Partition size in MB 20972

C)Location for new partition 1)Beginning 2) End Question:Which one to select,1 is selected by default.

D)Use as Ext4 Journalising File System

E)Mount Point /

After pressing "OK " button,I got the following message:

You have not selected any partition for use as swap space

Go Back Continue

Please help me how to select swap spaces.

______________________________________?
Kindly leave your email address also so that I can contact you if I encounter any problem after performing your steps

Alrighty then....Ubuntu (linux in general) merely has you create swap space to use in case your ram gets low and it needs to "swap" things out of the ram to the HD. This is identical to the page file located on Windows systems. In most cases if you have 2GB or more RAM for Ubuntu I would safely say you don't need it since the page/swap file is only used when your RAM is being filled to the maximum and objects are not able to be discarded from the RAM to clear space. Ubuntu takes very little memory to begin with....I have never used more than 1.2GB at a time. If you don't want the swap space (I don't use it personally) than just click continue (this has no consequences)

Now....after all of that....if you decide that you WANT the swap space....here is what you do

1. Erase the root partition (you made it as ext4 journaled with / as a mount point)
2. With the new unallocated space, make a 2 GB (I think that is sufficient) partition->Set the type to logical->set the mount point to swap
3. With the remaining space, make the root partition(/) as logical and ext4 journalized
4. OPTIONAL: Make sure to allow the GRUB boot-loader to install to your HD not just the partition that Ubuntu will be on....I have always recommended this as GRUB does a fine job handling pretty much every OS out there. If you choose to keep Windows as the default boot loader, you will have to jump through some hoops with the bcd store (EasyBCD for this) to have Ubuntu be able to boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/118079-problem-installing-ubuntu-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi I m planning on purchasing the following Windows over 7 Ubuntu Linux Installing laptop Ubuntu Linux version Intel Celeron amp Processor ULV U M Cache GHz MHz FSB Aberdeen Silver for WLAN inch HD WLED Display x with Anti-Glare MP Installing Windows 7 over Ubuntu Linux Webcam with Digital Mic for Installing Windows 7 over Ubuntu Linux Win GB DDR - MHz SDRAM DIMM GB RPM SATA Hard Drive Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Intel GHA HD Dell Wireless n BT Combo For the price point I really like what is being offered except that I don t want Linux as the OS and would rather install Windows I recently did purchase Windows so I was wondering if it is possible to install Windows in place of Linux OS that it comes with Since there is not CD DVD-Rom what would be the best option to do it In addition is the process of deleting Linux and installing Windows pretty complicated I just dont want to mess up the laptop like drivers etc If Windows can be installed only then will I purchase this laptop I ve been trying to find a proper instructions link to do the above but no such luck so far Any advice will be highly appreciated Regards nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,
I bought a new laptop Dell 15R 5558 series 5000 yesterday, with ubuntu preinstalled on it. I want to install my Windows 7 on it instead of Ubuntu.
Here are my hard drivers details 
And when I try to install my Windows 7, I get this message
What should I do?

A:Installing Windows over Pre-installed Ubuntu

See here:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/a-clean-install-of-windows-7/windows-7-installation/ 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19996713
Relevancy 70.09%

For background information the computer in question is an ASUS K N laptop that I received as a Christmas gift a few months ago Specifications can be found here http www asus com product aspx P ID op BTagylvA E The processor is AMD Turion X Dual-Core Mobile Technology Processor P GHz and it has a GB hybrid hard drive RPM I created a live CD of Ubuntu in order to install HDD, it will Ubuntu boot 7, load not and discs. Windows wiped including it alongside Windows I began the installation and suddenly the diagram the one showing how much space each OS takes stopped showing Windows Almost immediately after the installation kicked me back to the live CD saying the installation failed Ubuntu wiped HDD, including Windows 7, and it will not load boot discs. Still using the live CD I saw that Ubuntu had not finished but the little it did install was simply lingering on my drive For some reason - probably sheer shock coupled with sleep deprivation - I didn t check to see if anything remained of Windows before I shut down the Ubuntu wiped HDD, including Windows 7, and it will not load boot discs. computer I then removed the live CD and booted the computer up After POST I m greeted by a screen that looks like the command prompt but I am unable to input any commands I first tried to access the recovery partition by pressing F at startup which used to work but it simply cuts to the aforementioned black screen I also tried using various emergency boot discs but none of them worked some weren t recognized loaded and others partially loaded before displaying an error message Since then I have yet to get it to boot to a disc without an error occurring I am going to contact ASUS and have a recovery disc s sent but I doubt they ll do any good I can t get the computer to load discs and that s not even mentioning my likely-gone recovery partition I m also concerned that my HDD is irreparably damaged Are there any solutions anybody can offer If any additional information is required just ask and I will be glad to oblige nbsp

A:Ubuntu wiped HDD, including Windows 7, and it will not load boot discs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ubuntu-wiped-hdd-including-windows-7-and-it-will-not-load-boot-discs.982035/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello all!

I recently received an HP Slate 500 from a friend of mine who had installed Ubuntu 10.04 onto it. Being unfamiliar with Ubuntu, I am wanting to install Windows 7 Home Premium onto it. Unfortunately, I have no idea what I'm doing. After researching the forums, I've tried to boot the tablet from a USB Stick, but for whatever reason it's booting straight to the Ubuntu desktop without even noticing the drive. I've made sure that the BIOS is set to boot the USB drive first, but still no dice. Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

T.

A:Installing Windows 7 onto an HP Slate 500 Tablet PC over Ubuntu 10.04

You have to set the boot device PRIORITY to boot from your usb stick 1st, not the boot disk sequence. That can be left to boot from the hard drive 1st. After the 1st reboot during the install you have to change the boot disk priority back to the hard drive 1st again. If you don`t it will keep booting from the usb over and over. How do you plan to activate 7 ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/222346-installing-windows-7-onto-hp-slate-500-tablet-pc-over-ubuntu-10-04-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi folks I get my new Inspiron R Special Edition just a few days ago And I need to install the Ubuntu to do my researches for the university Since I needed to change the partitions I decided to install the a copy of the Windows I have here But something happening when I was change the partitions installing the Win I couldn' t see any partition and get the error quot We couldn' t load any drivers blablabla quot After that I solve this problem searching on the internet and change in the BIOS in the advanced tab the quot SATA Operation quot from quot Intel Rapid Sto rage quot installing 12.04 8 Windows 17R SE Ubuntu Troubles in Inspiron and to quot ATA quot Then I install Troubles installing Windows 8 and Ubuntu 12.04 in Inspiron 17R SE the Win and I am not able to boot anymore Smart as I am I try to do quot in my way quot and I deleted all partitions to make my own configuration I don' t need to say that anything else is working now I tried to do three -step restore of the Windows partition quot System Reserved quot but it didn' t work Also I tried to install the Ubuntu but I am not able to record the bootloader in any partition Right now I have the partitions as follow HDD MB - System Reserved Windows GB - Windows Partition GB - File Partition GB - Ubuntu GB Unlocatted Will be the linux SWAP SSD GB - Partition I create to try to avoid the Windows to try create the quot System Reserved quot partition here I'm thinking that the boot is in the HDD Please if there anything that someone could tell to help solve my problem I'll be really thankful Thank you

A:Troubles installing Windows 8 and Ubuntu 12.04 in Inspiron 17R SE

If you can boot, open Windows Disk Management and post a screen shot of what you see there so we can better see what is going on.

Do you have installation discs for Windows 7 and 8?

Do you have a 25 character Product Key for Windows 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/257917-troubles-installing-windows-8-ubuntu-12-04-inspiron-17r-se.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello First post and I wish it was under better circumstances I think I've put this in the wrong section Sorry I have managed to wipe my Windows partition while installing the latest release of Ubuntu v I've had my HDD split in two with both Windows updated to Update and Ubuntu and dual-booted between them for over a year During the Ubunut install it informed me that I had a previous version of Ubuntu and would I like to wipe the partition that it occupied and install cleanly I chose that It also offered a chance to use free space Now why I accepted that I don't know but the definition of free space seems to include any other partitions on the drive Next? installing Windows Ubuntu. partition while Wiped and didn't warn of this either The upshot is that I now have a TB drive with no Windows on it I've lost all my email pics etc etc I tried using my rescue DVD that I created from within Windows and at I am asked to insert the second disc I don't have a second disk I had to Wiped Windows partition while installing Ubuntu. Next? force my laptop to power down in order to do anything In order to get online I ended up installing Ubuntu again and it definitely shows no Windows partition I've already ordered a retail copy of Windows and I'm hoping that I can install this with no issues on what is effectively a clean drive Am I correct in that assumption Is there anything else I can try that might rescue it I have a Dell Inspiron r SE that is out of warranty so no support from Dell I'm in the UK too if that helps Thank you very very much in advance

A:Wiped Windows partition while installing Ubuntu. Next?

try i care data recovery it has a 80% chance to recover your file i recommend stellar too but prefer i care over it

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/44729-wiped-windows-partition-while-installing-ubuntu-next.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Since I installed Ubuntu onto my computer, I couldn't boot the Windows 8. I tried installation DVD to repair, but it didn't work. I tried these solutions; solution1, solution2, none of them worked either. I tried refreshing, it stopped at 37%.

When I use diskpart to list partitions from command prompt via the installation DVD, I chose the right partition, but I couldn't activate it.
How can I fix that ?

A:Windows 8 Boot problem after installing Ubuntu

Welcome to EightForums.

Try a Reset.
How to do a Reset
Reset Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/19941-windows-8-boot-problem-after-installing-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 69.66%

hello friends..,i'm new to this forum and i need some help here..

my os is windows seven,and i installed linux for a educational matter.then when i boot the computer i had to choose the os from the grub.And today morning i formatted the partition which is linux installed.then i unable to boot from windows seven.After that i installed windows seven to the partition which is formatted.now i'm using that one.But i still unable to boot into my old windows seven.here's the problem.. .how can i recover the old seven and boot into it..?please somebody help me..

A:help needed..! recovering windows seven after installing ubuntu

Please post back a screenshot of your full Disk Management drive map, using Snipping TOol in Start Menu - attach file using paper clip in reply box. Tell us what is located where.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/112881-help-needed-recovering-windows-seven-after-installing-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi

I have been trying to install Windows 7 onto an Asus X5DIJ with Ubuntu installed on it. The Ubuntu install was on the laptop when I got it but won't get passed the login screen. My only other computer is an HP Mini Netbook which I used to make bootable USB. The USB is a brand new 32gb SanDisk Cruzer Extreme 3.0 and I used the Windows USB Installer tool to make a bootable version of Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit from a legal iso downloaded from heidoc.net. I've set the BIOS to boot from Removable Disk but whenever I start the laptop up it just goes ahead with the faulty Ubuntu boot. I checked the POST and the usb is showing there and the light on the usb blinks at startup. Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Installing Windows 7 over Faulty Ubuntu Install

Hi,

Can you double-check to see that the bootable USB drive is inserted into a USB2.0 port, not a USB3.0 port?

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/289144-installing-windows-7-over-faulty-ubuntu-install.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I previously had windows operating system For some use I also needed the ubuntu operating system I have the ubuntu bit on a cd In order to use the new operating system to Unable after windows installing ubuntu boot I had the need for a new drive But I've got a Hewlett Packard laptop so in order to create a new drive for installing ubuntu Unable to boot windows after installing ubuntu I deleted the SYSTEMS drive as that was the possible solution given online After doing this I completed installing the ubuntu OS but now my windows OS is not to be seen when booting I get possible options Ubuntu Windows Recovery option Now in order to open the windows OS I dont have an option so I tried the windows recovery option and I restored it to a previous date and that was successfully completed But my point is that I'm still unable to switch to windows OS need some help in this regard cause I dont want to get stuck with Ubuntu all the time

A:Unable to boot windows after installing ubuntu

When you deleted the Windows system partition, you deleted your Windows bootmgr. Now you have to set your Windows 7 partition as active and then run Startup Repair 3 times.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/295962-unable-boot-windows-after-installing-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Windows 7 seems to be located in my /dev/sda1 partition. However, ever since I installed Ubuntu (not using wubi) my fully encrypted HDD/partition will not prompt me with the password but instead boots straight to ubuntu. Ubuntu does not even recognize my windows partition. More interestingly, I did a boot repair and these are the results that show:

Ubuntu Pastebin

When I use my windows 7 DVD to repair my system it doesn't even show windows 7 is installed. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Do I need to use my encryption rescue disk? I have been trying everything and have not had much success. Thanks!

A:Encrypted Windows 7 partition will not boot after installing Ubuntu.

What encryption did you use? It sounds like GRUB overwrote the encrypted Windows MBR??? Im not sure it can be recovered......I would normally suggest this:

MBR - Restore Windows 7 Master Boot Record

But the encryption is the unknown here.......you might have to take some risks and experiment.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/293726-encrypted-windows-7-partition-will-not-boot-after-installing-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I installed Ubuntu 14.04 on my Windows 10 laptop,  I am able to boot into Ubuntu and it runs normally, but if I try boot into windows I get this message: selected boot device failed, press any key to reboot the system.
I think I messed up during the partition process, I had already installed Ubuntu but wanted a fresh install. During the install process I just selected the option to install over my current Ubuntu installation and didn't manually set any partition settings.
Please advise!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19681870
Relevancy 68.8%

Okay, so I decided to buy cheap used laptop before I really checked it out. Trusted a freind...

It has Ubuntu operating system ... I bought a BRANDNEW Windows 7 disc from my college ($7.50 + tax for a student!!!)

I put in Win7 disc - tapped F12 - chose "CD/DVD/CD-RW Drive" for the desired boot device.

It says something like "press any key to...." - but whether or not I press any key, it goes from that screen straight into loading "Ubullpoop"... i mean Ubuntu....

Any help???????????!!!!!!!

A:Trouble UNinstalling Ubuntu and installing Windows Ult. 7 32bit

Quote: Originally Posted by greaterthings

Okay, so I decided to buy cheap used laptop before I really checked it out. Trusted a freind...

It has Ubuntu operating system ... I bought a BRANDNEW Windows 7 disc from my college ($7.50 + tax for a student!!!)

I put in Win7 disc - tapped F12 - chose "CD/DVD/CD-RW Drive" for the desired boot device.

It says something like "press any key to...." - but whether or not I press any key, it goes from that screen straight into loading "Ubullpoop"... i mean Ubuntu....

Any help???????????!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Windows forums greaterthings.

Are you sure that the brandnew windows 7 disk is bootable and not an upgrade disk?

Normally I touch the space bar when the boot from cd rom line comes up with a bootable cd/dvd in the rom drive.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/176249-trouble-uninstalling-ubuntu-installing-windows-ult-7-32bit.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,
My dell laptop is dell inspiron 14R with preinstalled windows 8.I want to install ubuntu 10.04 side by side. I switch to legacy boot option too.But could not install it through disk since during partition table creation, it is not showing any os that is preinstalled.Its imp for me to install ubuntu.
I even reinstalled window 8 in legacy mode and SATA option AHCI and then tried to install ubuntu.Even in that case, same problem exists.In case of ATA option, it even doesn,t show any partion to install ubuntu

Relevancy 68.8%

I want to upgrade Vista to Windows 7, but without disturbing my Ubuntu installation, which is dual boot with Vista. I would prefer to do a clean install of Windows 7 over Vista, which has had niggling little issues (I resolve them and new ones appear) ever since I bought the pc. I don't have the recovery discs for Vista (the ones you make when you buy a new system) as they went missing during a major move.

What is the best way to accomplish all the above? Also, from what I understand, a clean installation can be done with an upgrade version of Windows 7 as long as a previous version of Vista or XP is already on the machine? I am not terribly confident when it comes to doing things like this, so would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

A:Installing Windows 7 over Vista on dual boot with Ubuntu

Is your Ubuntu installation on a partition on the same hard disk or on a seperate one?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/208480-installing-windows-7-over-vista-dual-boot-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I hope I'm in the right forum but here it goes Computer Laptop in question HP Compaq s Let me start off and say that I have been having after erasing installing ubuntu and Ntldr is missing windows problems with this computer and decided to install ubuntu because at the time it was Ntldr is missing after erasing windows and installing ubuntu the only known option available I should also mention that it was the only known option available because the cd-rom is presently nonoperational so Ntldr is missing after erasing windows and installing ubuntu the only way to boot anything is from a USB stick The computer is presently running the newest version of Ubuntu xxx When I installed ubuntu I chose the option to erase windows and install ubuntu only I Ntldr is missing after erasing windows and installing ubuntu now realize that was not the best option Ubuntu is fine but I would rather have some sort of windows operating system so I made a bootable Windows usb key in order to install Windows This bootable USB key works fine on my other computer which is a HP Pavillion A n and running Windows XP However when I put this USB key in my laptop I get the quot NTLDR file is missing press any key to restart quot I can't access the windows setup at all I verified all my boot options and everything is set to USB I have searched all over the internet but can't find anything for MY particular situation I am by no means a computer gooroo but it seems to me that the NTLDR file is in fact missing and I need to reinstall it but how can I do that with Ubuntu Any help would be appreciated thanks

A:Ntldr is missing after erasing windows and installing ubuntu

Hi there
you need to have at least ONE partition marked as active before it's bootable with W7.

If you have s system "Reserved" partition then flag that as ACTIVE. If this doesn't exist mark the "C" partition as ACTIVE. Just setting these as PRIMARY isn't sufficient.

Now if on boot it still gives you a BSOD then just use the recovery console -- boot from the W7 install media and choose REPAIR SYSTEM. It won't change any existing data.

To reset the partitions you need to user a bootable partition manager like GPARTED. Just boot the media and follow the instructions.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/227328-ntldr-missing-after-erasing-windows-installing-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I got a dell Inspiron 1420 from my colleague. He had installed Ubuntu (Hardy heron 8.04) Now I want to install Windows XP on it. While running Windows Xp setup I receive a message "Harddisk not detected" Installation doesnt go ahead. Please guide on how to solve this issue

Relevancy 68.8%

Hello friends,

I am trying to make my new laptop hp- dv6 3174 dual boot with two operating systems Windows 7(which is preinstalled) and Ubuntu 10.10.
But after i install ubuntu, windows is getting erased. I tried repairing with system repair disc but not possible. Even if i put system repair disc it again ask to insert repair disc. And if i try to repair is with system image it replaces ubuntu with windows 7.
I asked some people here they are saying its issue with hp and not windows.
If anybody can solve this issue will be of gr8 help.

thank you

A:Dual boot problem while installing ubuntu 10.10 with windows 7 on hp

Please state it clearly, precisely, I mean.

Can you start Windows 7 now?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/152774-dual-boot-problem-while-installing-ubuntu-10-10-windows-7-hp.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Getting "Operating system not found" message right after I press the power button. This happened right after I did a full install of Ubuntu to a usb drive. Have a Sony Vaio S Series laptop. The Assist button that is supposed to boot from a recovery partition on the internal drive produces the same error. Tried resetting the BIOS to default settings but didn't help (the default is UEFI). There are no hardware issues as I can run Ubuntu and see all the drives. Ran an Ubuntu Boot Repair utility. Here is a summary report output: Ubuntu Pastebin. Any suggestions?

A:Unable to boot into Windows after installing Ubuntu on usb drive

Run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times.

Everything else that can be done is here for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/368283-unable-boot-into-windows-after-installing-ubuntu-usb-drive.html
Relevancy 68.8%

So the other day I decided that I wanted to try dual-booting Ubuntu on my HP Pavilion dv - cl Entertainment Notebook that already had Windows Home Premium bit installed I shrank the main biggest partition by Gigs and then installed Ubuntu on that Gigs of unallocated space All worked fine except when I tried to boot Windows from the grub menu it would come up to the beginning Windows animation and then it would crash So I downloaded a Windows Recovery CD and tried a few of the tools there I did not create a system recover image prior to my lost 7 can How after I Windows partition Ubuntu? installing recover my troubles so I could not recover the easy way After that I tried the How can I recover my lost Windows 7 partition after installing Ubuntu? Startup Repair tool which did not work I read somewhere to try that Startup Repair tool or times which I did The third time it seemed to freeze it was quot working quot for about hours at which point I decided that it was enough and shut down the PC That was a mistake From that point forward I still could not boot into Windows but also every time I tried to boot into Ubuntu I had to perform a disk check which always failed After trying that a few times I had had enough yet again and decided to just reinstall Ubuntu The install seemed to work fine but once I rebooted I could not boot into Ubuntu or Windows No matter what option I select from the grub menu or if I push F to go into recovery partition it gives me an error that says quot Error No such partition quot and dumps me into a grub rescue prompt After releasing multiple bouts of turrets I tried booting from my Ubuntu LiveUSB again same one I installed Ubuntu with twice and ran Gparted to look at my partitions It only showed me the one Gig partition and said the remaining Gigs were unallocated So now I'm stuck with no bootable operating system on my HD and to top it off HP just sent me their quot official quot recovery disks that are trying to reformat my HD and erase all my data I know there has to be a way to restore my partitions and replace the grub bootloader with the Windows bootloader At this point I don't care about Ubuntu at all All of my data was on the Windows partition which I cannot access from Ubuntu to grab it Someone please help I can provide any information that you need but remember that I can only do so via either BIOS or by booting Ubuntu from the LiveUSB I cannot access Windows I also do not have a Windows install disk as this was a refurbished HP laptop that I bought from Costco -Rob Pennington

A:How can I recover my lost Windows 7 partition after installing Ubuntu?

Try TestDisk Download - CGSecurity (free) and see if it can find and recover your lost partition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/165348-how-can-i-recover-my-lost-windows-7-partition-after-installing-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi My buddy's laptop had a lot of malware on it and today he called me because he can't even log into Windows anymore I tried booting with the last good config in safe mode safe mode with prompt safe mode with networking running chkdsk r in Windows recovery console and running bootfix but nothing worked If I load windows XP normally his system becomes unresponsive after I click on a user name at the log in screen In safe mode with networking I just get a black screen with quot Safe mode quot written in the corners but nothing loads At this point I'm thinking the only boot, to about files? XP installing won't backup [SOLVED] Windows ubuntu how options [SOLVED] Windows XP won't boot, how about installing ubuntu to backup files? I have left are to try are doing a fixmbr or doing a repair install I don't have his activation key for XP but I'm afraid to risk losing his data which I want to back up for him first So my idea is try installing ubuntu as a dual-boot setup so I can access his hard-drive from ubuntu and backup his files before doing fixmbr or a repair install My question is - Is this possible I'm not sure how I can partition the HD for ubuntu given the state of the machine can I do it from the windows recovery console - If I actually can install ubuntu while Windows won't load will I be able to use it to access his files on his drive and back them up on my External HDD - Omelas

A:[SOLVED] Windows XP won't boot, how about installing ubuntu to backup files?

You don't need to install ubuntu you can use the live cd to access the HDD and

backup files.

Use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-wont-boot-how-about-installing-ubuntu-to-backup-files-489237.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi 
I have Dell Inspiron 3551 i need how removing Ubuntu and Installing Windows 10
Thanks.

A:How removing Ubuntu and Installing Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 15 3551

MAINISAN,
Below are some  links to help you remove Ubuntu and install Windows 10.
To delete the Ubuntu Partitions:

Go to Start, right click Computer, then select Manage. Then select Disk Management from the sidebar.
Right-click your Ubuntu partitions and select "Delete". Check before you delete!
Then, right-click the partition that is on the Left of the free space. Select "Extend Volume". ...
Done!

How to remove Ubuntu and put Windows back on
Removing Ubuntu and Installing Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 15 3551
Inspiron 3551 Windows 10 Drivers and Downloads

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19981745
Relevancy 68.37%

On the grub menu windows and ubuntu are both listed as they should be, All windows options even in f8 after the load screen with the bar goes into a black screen with my cursor instead of my login screen. Repair you computer works start up repair says nonthing is wrong. I can acces ubuntu fine. All my windows files can be accesed in ubuntu i can even use some of them with wine. Start up repair says there is no issue.

I checked this in command prompt btw.This mite be helpful how my hard drive is set up acer hds come like this the patrition is split on 2 hds I feel this is the issue.

Or could it be disk 0-4 which is my built in memory card reader I can go inside and disconnect that.

A:Windows boots into black screen with cursor after installing ubuntu

Bump I checked more is this right should any of that stuff be in d and not c or is that for ubuntu

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-boots-into-black-screen-with-cursor-after-installing-ubuntu.1075297/
Relevancy 68.37%

Ok I have been trouble shooting this for ever to np help Anyways let me be very descriptive so I dont get told to do something I already did or something thats not part of the problem I installed ubuntu with wubi I can acces the grub menu it shows windows and ubuntu I can log into ubuntu fine I can access all my windows files on ubuntu useing wine well the very few that work in wine When I select Windows cursor with black ubuntu after screen boots Windows into installing it gets pass the splash screen and Windows boots into black screen with cursor after installing ubuntu were usually my log in screen shows up I now get a black screen with my mouse cursor I tried ctrl-alt-Delete did not work all f options except start up repair go to this screen I can access start up repair just fine Repair your computer option says nonthing is wrong Hold on I will feth the results from check disk it says everythings healthy just want to list the partrition order to see if that could be a issue I wouldnt know

A:Windows boots into black screen with cursor after installing ubuntu

Your Windows 7 partition can be having inconsistencies go back to the startup repair as you did before.

Reboot or turn on the machine. As soon as you see your machine's name logo splash screen keep tapping F8. Go to "Advanced Options" or "Repair Computer" Select your language then "Repair Your Computer" An installation of Windows should be detected after that select "Next"

If that does not fix the issue. Do the same as before go to Next again go to command prompt type in

Code:

CHKDSK C: /R

Also you do not need Wine to access Windows files Ubuntu can access all Windows partitions and files via the Ubuntu GUI alone. Wine is used to install and run some Windows programs mainly games written for Windows but experimental at best.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-boots-into-black-screen-with-cursor-after-installing-ubuntu-673949.html
Relevancy 67.51%

hi,
I have windows media edition. i installed ubuntu yesterday after that i tried to switch windows but windows went in hibernated mode soon after window logo and then sytem restarts.after few try i press f8 for advance option before hibernating. there i made silly mistake without knowing about option i select something like "delete distoring data and start system boot".(sorry i dun remember exect option). but soon after that i am getting
STOP:c000021A {Fatal System

Error} The Session Manager Initialization System terminated unexpectedly with
a status of 0xc000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000) The system has been shut down.

Please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-fatal-system-error-after-installing-ubuntu-from-linux-support-340078.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi guys I'm reading all Need dv7-6100 installing an SSD overview HDD in of alongside 30,000' these posts on this popular issue and just wanted to confirm my high-level view of what it involves This is on my HP dv - Install SSD in empty nd slot Need 30,000' overview of installing an SSD alongside HDD in dv7-6100 with special cable etc Partition format and assign drive letter to SSD is this necessary Temporarily remove HDD is this necessary Perform fresh install of Win HP on SSD I hear this is preferable to copying cloning the install from the HDD because Windows Need 30,000' overview of installing an SSD alongside HDD in dv7-6100 installs differently on a SSD than on an HDD is that right a validate Windows with information I copied from previous legit OEM install call MS use ABR Put HDD back in reboot and here it gets vague Back up the My Doc folder and all other personal data if it's not in that folder REFORMAT the HDD REINSTALL all programs Or b do not reformat HDD but somehow delete the Win install that's on it or should I leave it on just in case the SSD fails Tell Windows that the MyDoc folder should be on the HDD then restore all personal data to the HDD's My Documents folder Or b Point Windows to the MyDoc folder on the HDD Enjoy Have I got that all right I have another question the HDD in this laptop has a total of three partitions - the main one gb a RECOVERY partition gb and an HP TOOLS partition mb HP TOOLS seems to have something to do with updating the BIOS and RECOVERY has this big secret folder on it I suppose it's invoked when you reboot and hit Fxx where xx is whichever function key it is - I can't remember and I'm not going to reboot to check So my long winded question is this - when I turn the HDD into my quot data quot disc should I just format the main partition and leave those others alone Will they even work right when I install the SSD Anyone who answers I'll be grateful for any insights especially from more clueful owners of this same machine Thanks

A:Need 30,000' overview of installing an SSD alongside HDD in dv7-6100

All of that isn't necessary when you can simply unplug the HD, plug SSD into first SATA port, boot the Win7 installer to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

After install move the User folder off of HD to wipe it with Diskpart Clean Command then partition it as a data drive in Disk Mgmt: Partition or Volume - Create New .

Move the data back into the new data partition in HD, then rightclick on each User folder to add it to the corresponding Library - Include a Folder - Windows 7 Forums which is much easier than moving the User folders to HD and avoid issues.

If you don't have the storage space to move the User folders off first then you can shrink C on the HD, Copy the User folders into a new partition you create there, then delete C to resize the data partition into it using free Partition Wizard bootable CD to Move/Resize Partition (Video Help).

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/227365-need-30-000-overview-installing-ssd-alongside-hdd-dv7-6100-a.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,
My PC has a Gigabyte GA-7VAXp Ultra mainboard, with two IDE hard disk drives (120Gb and 80Gb), a DVD drive, and a DVD RW drive. These are connected via the two IDE channels. It all works OK.
The board also has IDE3, IDE4, SATA1, and SATA2 connectors.

I want to connect a SATA hard drive to the board as an extra drive (not anything to do with a RAID configuration - whatever that may be?).
Should I just connect it to one of the SATA connectors (and appropriate power adapter)? Will it function alongside the two IDE HDDs, or do I have to remove one of those first? Or, should I get another IDE drive instead and connect that to IDE3?

I have tried researching this topic, but am simply getting more confused. The mainboard manual isn't terribly enlightening either.

Any help welcome. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-sata-hdd-alongside-ide-hdds.173762/
Relevancy 63.64%

HI, friends

After I installed vista alongside XP both was worked fine for two days but now whenever I run the XP its just show me the wallpaper i.e no desktop icon, no taskbar, just wallpaper. Its just like a digital photoframe! I'm not getting where is the problem?
(and VISTA runs quite fine) Both system are installed in different partition.

Will you please help me to figure out the reason?????????

Thank you in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-problem-after-installing-vista-alongside.667979/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey guys I am sure this has been covered before someplace else but is there a way to repartition my RAID array without reformatting so I have one main partition for X and all my main programs and another with like - GB for a basic Windows XP SP -bit install with the drivers internet security software Blu-ray player wont work on X and other stuff that won't work on X And if I do that will I have access to the main partition TB the one with X installed while I am in the -bit version of Windows X64 Install Windows XP SP3 32-bit alongside to access stuff like my music collection and vice versa access the bit partition while logged into X Is is possible to have like a selection Install Windows XP SP3 32-bit alongside X64 screen on startup to select which OS I want to use Would I have to buy software to do all this This is the disk layout I have planned to make a long story short RAID ARRAY GB Total size One uppercase symbol GB One lowercase symbol GB Xx X partition Yy X -bit partition XXXXXXXXXXXXxy or XXXXXXXXXXXXY Thanks for any help on this ComputernerdBD

A:Install Windows XP SP3 32-bit alongside X64

you might be better off putting the 32bit XP in a virtual machine. you can use virtual box, vmware, virtual pc, they are all free or have free versions.

may be easier and less hassle than repartitioning and dual booting.

fwiw, i use virtualbox.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/install-windows-xp-sp3-32-bit-alongside-x64-399488.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have Windows 7 64 and I want to install XP alongside it. So I created a 10GB partition. I have another data partition too. I need to install it AFTER Windows 7 and make a dual boot later with EasyBCD. I did this on my netbook without any problem (the only diff is that my nebtook doesn't have a data partition) but I can't do it on my desktop.

XP won't install (after formating the 10GB partition and copying files and first reboot I get "A Disk read error occurred press ctrl alt del to restart") and thanks to hirens boot CD I can boot Windows 7 fine.

Any help to make XP install will be appreciated.
EDIT: I was following the tutorial Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP , OPTION TWO When Windows 7 is Installed First

A:Install XP alongside Windows 7

EasyBCD repaired Windows 7 boot, but it doesn't want to add a XP entry on boot menu. I add it manually following the tutorial, it reports everything OK yet the boot menu doesn't appear and the XP entry disappears from EasyBCD after booting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/299587-install-xp-alongside-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

A long title indeed, but it pretty much sums it all up. I have installed Ubuntu first and then dual booted windows XP. I soon found out that the fact Ubuntu wasn't compatible with many programs (even through wine) I wanted only Windows XP on my pc.
I've searched many topics, but all described how to uninstall Ubuntu when Windows was the primary OS. In my case Ubuntu is the main OS and it dual boots with Windows and I want to rid myself of Ubuntu leaving only Windows.

What do I need to do to get the desired computer setup? Or is it irrelevant which OS was installed first and will a guide describing how to remove Ubuntu from windows work as well for my case.

Important addition: I could very well be the biggest computer-noob you've encountered thus far. So talk to me as though I am 4 year old

A:Uninstalling Ubuntu dual-booting Windows XP with Ubuntu installed first

shouldn't matter the install sequence if you want to only have Windows. Boot into Windows and then delete (from disk management) the linux partitions. This may leave your computer in a state where you can not boot into Windows. To fix this you'll have to boot off the XP install disk and boot to the recovery console, once there type 'fixmbr' without the '

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uninstalling-ubuntu-dual-booting-windows-xp-with-ubuntu-installed-first.149005/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all

For some reason when i installed my comodo firewall , It did not shut windows firewall down

Is it right to run windows firewall also ?

later
saakeman

A:Comodo alongside windows firewall

NO !

you should NEVER use 2 firewalls !
they can create conflicts, resulting in LESS security.

turn off Windows Firewall, you don?t need it.

actually, i once had both Comodo?s firewall and Windows firewall running,
i was testing different firewalls and when i activated Comodo?s firewall i forgot to turn off Windows firewall.
it took a week before i discovered it, and i didn?t have any problems during that time.

but don?t do it !

Comodo: run Comodo?s Firewall & Defence+ in training-mode for a few days so it learns your "normal" programs,
then set both to safe-mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/113255-comodo-alongside-windows-firewall.html
Relevancy 62.78%

no vmware,just alongside Windows 10

A:how to install windows 98 alongside Windows 10?

There are a variety of reasons why that would be difficult to almost impossible. A big one being device drivers. Any computer that supports Windows 10 would likely not have drivers available for Windows 98.

Using a virtual machine is going to be MUCH easier.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37790-how-install-windows-98-alongside-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I am Currently running both windows 7 & 8 on same Pc using Dual boot. but recently some programs on win7 dont run accurately. i reinstalled them, but no betterment came. so I would like to reinstall windows7 . but if i install windows 7. will Windows 8 become unable to boot or use.... because earlier years back, when i install windows XP alongside Windows7 ,even separate partition , i was not able to use windows7.. but i dont want to lose Windows * apps and setting and want to run windows 7 alongside by reinstalling.. if I do that ,will I able to use both ? plz help me

A:how I Install windows 7 alongside Windows 8

Hi WaxyGoosy and welcome to SevenForums

Take a look here

Dual Boot Installation - Windows 8 and Windows 7 or Vista

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/289206-how-i-install-windows-7-alongside-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I haven't really had a whole lot of luck with dual boot configs in the past, but I'm just wondering if I'd be able to run mac using my current board GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-EP45-UD3L (rev. 1.1) I'm running a quad-core intel chip. Also, what method should I use? I have more than 1 HDD also. I have a bigger HDD for storage and I want to use that one instead of my main HDD which has only 40GB free on it. My other HDD has 874GB free. I don't have any versions of Mac available either, and I don't know if you need it or not. I have 8GB ram.

Also I don't want the files on my other HDD to be affected, they shouldn't be right?

Here's a pic of the HDD's in case the wording was confusing:

A:Will I be able to install mac software alongside my current Windows 7?

It is contrary to Apple's EULA to install any Apple OS on non-Apple hardware:
http://images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/OSX1082.pdf
Section 2 H.

If you want to run Mac software you need a Mac OS and to do that you need a Mac.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/324172-will-i-able-install-mac-software-alongside-my-current-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello I have a Hp Pavillion dm laptop running Ubuntu and now want to install Windows bit and make the laprop dual booted I burnt the Windows installation iso file onto a pen drive and booted from it It runs till the dialog box quot where do you want to install Windows quot It shows the following partitions on my Hard Drive I am also attaching a screenshot of output of GParted from my Ubuntu It shows GB as unknwon file system and thus I would like to install Windows on to this partition I guess in the windows installation setup it shows GB as System partition and that is the same partition that is pointed to by Gparted However when I click on quot Next quot when trying to install Windows it says Setup was unable to create a new partition or locate an existing system partition See the Setup log files for more information I have no idea new Ubuntu Installing partition" after create "Setup to Windows unable a was system why this error is Installing Windows after Ubuntu "Setup was unable to create a new system partition" being thrown Could someone please help me out

A:Installing Windows after Ubuntu "Setup was unable to create a new system partition"

Hi, see if the post here on installing helps dual boot - How can I install Windows after I've installed Ubuntu? - Ask Ubuntu scroll down a bit on the page.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installing-windows-after-ubuntu-setup-was-unable-to-create-a-new-system-partition-1016354.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I installed drivers for a scanner and when the computer rebooted, I received the message:
c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD: Missing/Unable to Load
Press any key to continue.

When I press a key, the computer immediately shuts down.

Please Help!!

A:Windows Won't Load After Installing Drivers

this sounds like your fix Error Message: VMM32.VXD: Missing/Unable to Load

This behavior can occur if the Umaxis11.386 file is being loaded from the System.ini file. This file is used by UMAX scanner software.
This behavior can be caused by a file that is used by the Genius scanner software. The Genius scanner file is named Smis11.386.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-load-after-installing-drivers.59917/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey guys,

So i'm using the windows ISO creation download..

I am installing windows 8.1 core on a Lenovo y410p..
hwinfo 64 says this for chipset: Intel HM86 (Lynx Point)

Once I reboot to start the process of Installing windows, around the point of when I format the drive to ready it, there is an option to "load drivers" before the actual install..

Can/Do I use the "load drivers" before I actually install windows? Ive seen that button but never really used it. Is that what that is for, to install chipset drivers I downloaded or something?

A:Load Drivers before installing Windows..

I've never had to use that myself, if it asks for drivers that would the time to use it otherwise just do the install and update/install drivers after.

As long as you are connected to the internet windows will find any drivers it needs to complete the install.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/69019-load-drivers-before-installing-windows.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,
i got a problem,i was using win xp + sp2 on sata hard drive and decided to install suse linux 9.3 on my other non-sata hard drive,but after installing linux i got error like this:
"root (hd1, 1)
filesystem type unknown, partition type 0x7
chainloader +1"
i can choose to load linux or windows but when choose windows i get that error.
i dont know what is that but in partitioning options in linux my windows hard drive filesystem id is called "0x07 HPFS/NTFS" but when loading windows it says 0x7.
Also i couldnt explore windows hdd but when changed mount to /windows/C i could but windows didnt load anyway. The Windows are installed on E: drive, i changed mount to /windows/E but it didint load anyway.
Please help,i dont want to reinstall it because there so much good stuff in it.
P.S. sorry for my bad english

A:Please help,cannot load windows after installing linux

Have you tried booting the Windows CD and using the recovery console? You need to use the FIXBOOT command to fix the boot files for Windows. Description of the Recovery Console should get you going.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-cannot-load-windows-after-installing-linux.411823/
Relevancy 61.06%

I installed Ubuntu on the same hard drive as my Windows different partition ofcourse Now even with windows boot manager when I choose 'start windows' it writes 'windows is loading files' then reboots Can't use recovery options quot repair your computer quot off my windows cd 14.04 Windows won't boot Ubuntu installing dual-boot. after for since it keeps telling me I don't have the matching windows version perhaps since ubuntu made some changes ro the MBR Solutions I've tried Fixing MBR with a 'utility' boot-cd like hiren's All it did was mess up ubuntu aswell so I had to reinstall ubuntu just to be able to boot Tried using boot-repair utility in Ubuntu - didn't work same problem Tried burning rescue disc off an existing windows computer Same error - 'no matching windows found' How can I reach window's rescue enviourment if it won't let me boot into it I would try to use bootrec exe but I can't get to it Please help I really don't want to re-install windows and lose all I Windows won't boot after installing Ubuntu 14.04 for dual-boot. have on that partition

A:Windows won't boot after installing Ubuntu 14.04 for dual-boot.

First off, if you can boot into Ubuntu you can browse the Windows partition and copy your files to a USB HDD for backup, so you won't loose anything if you have to reinstall.
Then use EasyBCD boot manager to manage your OS's boot loader.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-wont-boot-after-installing-ubuntu-14-04-for-dual-boot-860057.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Okay so here's the deal I had Windows Service Pack Everything was just lovely then I decided to FINALLY upgrade to Windows 3 Windows Boot Now won't past Service Pack Load Windows load Installed Screen Service Pack because some high end Adobe products I was installing suggested it for Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen better compatibility Aiesh so I took the plunge and tried to upgrade to Windows Service Pack I was smart because of all the horror stories though and did a full backup up all my data including system state etc I set a system restore point the whole nine yards I upgraded with no problems but when the computer restarted it do so got past POST and the windows boot or load screen popped up with the loading bar but windows never loaded A lot of people report having problems where it get's past the windows load screen and just keeps cycle rebooting Or it'll load to the user selection screen welcome screen This is not me I am simply stuck at the windows load screen Picture below for reference So I booted into safe mode with networking searched for help EVERYWHERE and couldn't find any - By the way I could boot into safe mode safe mode with command prompt and safe mode with networking So I used my system restore point that had made before the SP upgrade and now I am typing to you from the comfort of my Service Pack But this ticks me off because I want SP on my system for the sake of those Adobe programs and just because I can't get the dern thing on there it bugs me Does anyone have a suggestion for me as to WHAT is stopping me from have a healthy running version of Windows Service Pack I ran the Service Pack install upgrade as an Administrator in safe mode with ANY program thing that could possibly affect it not running I thought I had all my bases covered but apparently not Any help suggestions It'd be nice for all the other people out there who are having this same problem to get an answer as well P S I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack hopefully SP soon

A:Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen

Hi sirdanceal0t,
I had a similar problem when Windows XP SP3 was released it was only designed for Intel processors, so if you have a AMD processor it will cause your system not to load, if you are running a AMD processor if i were you try and get back to the System Restore Point or if that fails reimage your pc and just before installing SP3 looks for the patch/fix for your processor model, then install SP3 and it should all be fine.

On the other hand if you have a Intel processor i woulldn't know what to advise.

Swain90

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-windows-service-pack-3-now-windows-wont-load-past-windows-boot-load-screen-418781.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi nbsp Here is some information about the laptop Model - HP Pavilion dv Notebook PCSystem ID - Product ID - LM AVProcessor - Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHZ nbsp The laptop came with wondows and later installing Windows factory H... image after not load using does microsoft provided free upgrade to windows About a month back the laptop simply gave up We tried restoring using the back up bootable media flash drive but at one point it just goes blank with fan running the Wi-Fi LED is on but nothing happens beyon Fan ran at very high speed and laptop was heating up nbsp We ordered original restore DVDs from HP Now even after following exact instructions it starts the laptop but on the very first start up after all installation is Windows does not load after installing factory image using H... complete it freezes on 'Starting Windows' screen with windows logo We had to hard stop and then tried running diagnostic using 'Tune up' option and it failed on memory test with error code LPPVK- M P-MFH G- I am not sure if HP provided DVDs that does not meet what was on my laptop originally If I try to install windows from back up device using start menu I am able to use laptop as long as I keep my wi-fi off As soon as it connects to wi-fi Windows does not load after installing factory image using H... it looks like it updates some graphics driver and that again nbsp shuts off screen and freezes Any advice here please nbsp nbsp Also if I try to re-stat in safe mode it goes to screen informing system is preparing windows for the first use but because it cannot be done in safe mode it gives error message and tries to re-start for loading windows for first use in normal mode and freezes again

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Windows-does-not-load-after-installing-factory-image-using/td-p/5639872
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,
I'm having a problem with catalyst drivers. I installed Win7 32-bit yesterday and everything was working fine until I installed catalyst control center, which now causes the system to stay stuck on the blue windows wallpaper without explorer or mouse cursor. I can get to safe mode and perform a system recovery, then I can boot normally. I also tried multiple versions of drivers, but it always does the same thing. Im using Radeon HD5770, Gigabyte P43T-ES3G Mobo, Intel Core2Quad 2,5 GHz (not sure about the exact model number) and 4 GB Ram. Everything worked fine before reinstalling windows and my system specs are exactly the same as they were before. Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Windows doesn't load after installing ati drivers.

It could be a dead or faulty graphics card. Is the card correctly installed and all the cables attached including any extra power cables?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/234787-windows-doesnt-load-after-installing-ati-drivers.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi folks

I have just installed another GPU for crossfiring my system. All went fine and dandy when suddenly one day i am unable to load windows. It would hang at the logo and reboot. Did startup repair and system restore.

System restore does not work though, as once i reboot the system. same thing would happened again, to the point system restore 'gave up' and shutdown the pc

i have attached the zip file. any help much appreciated

A:Unable to load Windows after installing crossfire

What is crossfire/crossfiring?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343833-unable-load-windows-after-installing-crossfire.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello there Let me Windows a to *Load 7 Having Driver* due installing trouble Ultimate describe my problem I have a HP Pavilion -n sn x convertible Laptop It had Windows on it and most of the updates failed to install then I updated to Windows still some of the updates had the same effects Nevermind here is what I did on it I wanted to install on a new GB Partition Windows Ultimate x SP I took the ISOs from an Windows ISO downloader from cough heidoc dot net cough It ain't having any piracy just a free downloader that gives you Having trouble installing Windows 7 Ultimate due to a *Load Driver* download links from Microsoft Meh I think I broke one rule there nevermind The issue is that I had an Load Driver error because it couldn't Having trouble installing Windows 7 Ultimate due to a *Load Driver* find the CD DVD Driver If you look at the Device Specs caps there is no censored driver for any disks caps I tried changing the USB device with the installer to somewhere else One big issue is my BIOS UEFI It has just some settings for Virtualization Tech Secure Boot and CSM caps nothing else caps That makes me because I cannot change to boot from USB and other stuff BIOS Version Insyde F or something like that I do think however that I can download a driver that is not compatible or that has the most success rate and to download it to the computer Then I could load it there and the installation should be normal What do you think Will I get the help to install Windows Seven on my Laptop P S If it works I will activate it with a Genuine Key Not gonna tell you the key number tho

A:Having trouble installing Windows 7 Ultimate due to a *Load Driver*

Just create a usb 3.0 installer using Asus`s EZ Installer Program.

You need a working PC with a DVD rom, a windows 7 install DVD and I would use at least an 8 GB usb stick, you can always try a 4 GB stick.

Get the EZ Installer program from Asus support, it does all the work and so simple a Computer Technician could do it.

ASUS USA

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...uide_print.pdf

You have to disable Secure Boot, if you can`t ... well then.

The bios should be set to Legacy or Legacy & UEFI and the hard drive should be MBR, not GPT.

If you can`t do any of those things, then you may be installing Windows 8.1 again, then I`d upgrade to 10.

Good Luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/397169-having-trouble-installing-windows-7-ultimate-due-load-driver.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Yesterday my computer automatically downloaded some updates for windows. As I was turning off my computer it started installing them before finally shutting down. When I turned on my computer this morning I tried to log in on my usual user account but after I entered the password a window popped up saying it could not load the user environment, something about it being due to my settings or possibly corruption. I didn't download anything other than those updates and I keep my firefox browser sandboxed at all times so I have no idea what could possibly have gone wrong. Can anybody help me?

A:After installing automatic updates Windows can't load user environment

hit ctrl+alt+del at the welcome screen and another window will load up. login using the administrator account and see if you can create another user and see if that user works.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323791/after-installing-automatic-updates-windows-cant-load-user-environment/
Relevancy 58.91%

The console comes up with a pop up message " The RAID plug-in failed to load because the driver is not installed correctly"  it also has a message on the console "A plug-in did not provide a page for the selected device". I tried to update the driver with the support assist it failed also.
I was told my PC is to old and there is no update to fix these problems!!!!
The Intel and Microsoft groups suggested contacting the manufacture. $$$$$$
I hope this was bad info!

A J

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19976296
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi folks,
I am just currently returning to the process of learning to program in C# after about three months away while I was fighting with my laptop's hard drive replacement. I do need some input here though since I'd really like to not mess this up. I have Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 installed, and knowing that that uses SQL server Express 2008, can I be expected to install SQL Server 2008 Express R2 as well so that I can take full advantage of all of the C# tutorials and books I have which all teach you to use that? I know that the processes used for the contact manager aren't standard SQL server processes, but if anyone has any input, that'd really be appreciated.

Thanks
Chromebuster

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358478/id-like-to-avoid-issues-when-installing-mssql-server-2008-express-r2-alongside-business-contact-manager-for-outlook-2010/
Relevancy 55.9%

I lost access to my windows 7 drive (Dual-boot windows 7 & Ubuntu). every time I try to run Windows 7 I get the message: Bootmgr is compressed, Press CTRL_ALT-DEL to restart. I could run Bootrec /fixmbr or diskpart or attrib to rebuild my mbr table through DOS command window using my windows 7 recovery CD. The problem I cannot access drive C: where my windows 7 are. I get the error message: Cannot open volume for direct access or system cannot find the drive path or specified. I still can access all my windows folders and files through home folder in Ubuntu. I don't want to reformat and reinstall windows. Is there is a way to run the DOS commands within Ubuntu or any other advice to how to fix this issue.

A:Lost access to Windows 7 Drive (Dual-Boot Windows 7 & Ubuntu)

Hi,

Please see whether the steps outline in this tutorial will be of help:

MBR - Restore Windows 7 Master Boot Record

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/249212-lost-access-windows-7-drive-dual-boot-windows-7-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Greetings I have installed Ubuntu Ubuntu animation Windows dual-boot, 7 7 Windows problems logo LTS -bit alongside Windows Professional -bit OS in dual-boot configuration with GRUB beta Both OSs are up to date however occasionally I do not get the animated Windows logo in the Windows boot-up and a distorted screen is displayed instead until I am presented with the Ubuntu Windows 7 dual-boot, Windows 7 logo animation problems login screen This Ubuntu Windows 7 dual-boot, Windows 7 logo animation problems issue was non-existent before my Ubuntu installation and I am not able to fix it I should also note that the Windows boots up but this artefact is really annoying I already posted this on askubuntu com but received no reply for screen-shots you may wish to check it After Ubuntu installation Windows experiences boot-up issues - Ask Ubuntu So far I have tried a command on the Windows console but it did not resolve the issue By the way I experience this problem occasionally and in these cases mostly the laptop is running on battery power My laptop brand and model is Dell Latitude E respectively Any help and or suggestion is greatly appreciated

A:Ubuntu Windows 7 dual-boot, Windows 7 logo animation problems

The link below might be a good starting point,

linux - Problem setting command-line console resolution. vbeinfo in grub2 does not report all resolutions - Super User

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377751-ubuntu-windows-7-dual-boot-windows-7-logo-animation-problems.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,
I have a laptop with dual boot setup for Ubuntu/Windows 7. My company encrypted the Windows partition (McAfee) after which Windows no longer shows up in the boot loader. Can it be fixed?

thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/399584-dual-boot-windows-7-ubuntu-windows-disappears-after-encryption.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My laptop Specifications Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Unallocated Space GB Motherboard LG Electronics To be filled by or along windows to side install xp 7!!!!! ubuntu windows Unable O E M Antivirus Advanced System Care with Antivirus Updated and Enabled Currently my hard disk has got Unable to install windows xp or ubuntu along side windows 7!!!!! a Dynamic MBR and the default SATA configuration mode is AHCI It works nicely for windows But when I tried to install windows xp a BSOD will appear Later i came to know that windows xp doesn t have any AHCI drivers So I enabled IDE mode in BIOS But then windows is not booting When i disabled IDE mode windows started booting Why this happens Also when i tried to install Ubuntu ultimate any ubuntu only windows partitions are showing in the partition table The unallocated space is not shown in the partition table and the install alongside by windows option is not showing while installing Why this happens Is there any need for changing Dynamic MBR to Basic MBR nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-windows-xp-or-ubuntu-along-side-windows-7.1075607/