Windows Support Forum

[SOLVED] Skype program for Windows

Q: [SOLVED] Skype program for Windows

How and where do I setup in Skype settings so that when a person calls me, it would automatic answer without needing to click answer?

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: [SOLVED] Skype program for Windows

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: [SOLVED] Skype program for Windows

I think this option is no longer there, as I did search for this for a long time. It was present in older versions of skype.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-skype-program-for-windows-949578.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I don't use Skype. I uninstalled it. Windows Update keeps sending updates and marking them as 'important.' If I run the update I find I need to uninstall the program again.

I'd like reassurance that I can safely ignore these updates.

It makes sense to me, but software has gotten complex enough that I want to be sure that this update only updates Skype for Windows and that failure to implement it does not leave a gaping hole in Windows 7.

thanks

baumgrenze

A:Skype For Windows - Program Not Installed - Important Update?

If you change windows update settings as shown below then in theory you will not be offered skype. If you prevoiusly had skype installed and are still offered updates then I guess that skype wasn't fully removed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/402722-skype-windows-program-not-installed-important-update.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Windows 7 32 Bitand Skype 5.0 new version of Skype no more freezing lost other topic. I am so happy finally skype works on Windows 7 32 Bit Home Premium

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-32-bitand-skype-5-0-new-version-of-skype-no-more-freezing-lost-other-topic.155047/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have 8.1. I installed Skype in my typical folders of "c:\programs" (I never install in "program files" unless program is forced to do so. All associated files should be, as they are coded, in "C:\Users\main\AppData\Roaming\Skype."My question....Will uninstalling the Metro Skype from its (memory hogging, fake) desktop affect, in anyway, my actual Skype (including logs)?Thank you.I reply as fast as I can, but it could be hours or months. Always busy.

A:Uninstall Windows 8 Metro Skype Affect Regular Skype?

Well for starters you shouldn't really install two versions of Skype on the same PC.Uninstall both, then install the version you prefer.Accept the default install location as I can see no good reason for doing otherwise.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/uninstall-windows-8-metro-skype-affect-regular-skype/1784.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I had Skype 1.4 on my os/ME. I deleted it due to an updated version Skype 2.
However, when I went to download, it said Skype 2 needs Windows 2000 or XP.
As I have ME, I did not download. Now I am looking through Skype's site for a download of ver 1.4 but can't find it.
Anyone knows where I could locate ver 1.4 ?
Thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

hello

I am trying to run skype but after recently downloading the new version I now get following message

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item
Any ideas to solve
Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/software/260401-skype-access-program.html
Relevancy 50.74%

lve got this weird issue thats started happening recently.. basically when l click the program update option it states there is always an update, when l click download the window closes... and nothing happens.

l did try reinstalling but l still have the issue afterwards.. l did also notice that skype doesnt start with windows any more either, so l added it to the startup folder as l tend to forget to manually start it for some weird reason.

anyone else experienced this issue under windows 7? l would also find it useful to remove it from the take bar as ld much prefer it to run from the notication area to remove clutter.

A:Skype program updating

Hi Timeless,
Could this have something to do with your firewall? Have you done any changes lately?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/87333-skype-program-updating.html
Relevancy 50.31%

We are renting a home in AZ for the winter. It has no landline so we use a Skype number and our laptop. We have had no problems with it in the past 2 years but a few months ago we got a new Dell laptop with Windows 8.1 installed. We can make a call on our Skype phone but we cannot answer a call. We hear the phone ringing but there is no button to press to answer. We checked online and many people are complaining about the same thing. We asked the agent who sold us the computer and he cannot help so.....does anyone know a solution? We cannot even receive voice messages, thank goodness we can retrieve them from the ipad.
Thank you in advance for any advice.

A:Solved: Windows 8.1 and Skype Phone

If you are using the Desktop application, which seems to be the same as for previous Windows versions, I cannot help as I don't have a Skype number and, hence, have never received calls.

If you are using the Store App I suggest that you download and install the Desktop Skype and try that (with the other App not running).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-8-1-and-skype-phone.1136855/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,
This started yesterday, when I was talking to my dad on Skype I realized that all I had was the microphone program that came with the computer. Somehow the FrontMic program that came when I downloaded Skype is gone and I don't know how to get FrontMic back onto my laptop.

Please help! Thank you if you do help me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-frontmic-program-is-gone-i-cant-talk-w-mic-on-skype-386038.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I updated to Windows with a clean installation and with Microphone too Skype program quiet it's all working very well nbsp I have the lastest Realtek HD Audio drivers installed Realtek High-Definition HD Audio Driver v A The microphone is working well with Voice Recorder Resolving Microphone Problems Microphone too quiet with Skype program Windows which I have worked through nbsp My issue is to do with Skype but it's also linked to the hardware software Windows nbsp Windows comes with Skype Video as an App which requires a Microsoft Account to use it nbsp I already had a Skype account Microphone too quiet with Skype program which I seemed unable to link to my Microsoft Account Skype Video app and nor did I want to not least because it was lnked to a different email address nbsp I just don't like that level of integration and wanted to use Skype as a standalone Windows program nbsp I read about removing Skype Video via Windows Powershell as an Administrator user and I typed in the following commands based on a Google search Skype Video amp Messaging Get-AppxPackage Messaging Remove-AppxPackagePhone Get-AppxPackage CommsPhone Remove-AppxPackageGet Skype Get-AppxPackage skypeapp Remove-AppxPackage nbsp Then I downloaded the Skype program for Windows v nbsp Microphone too quiet with Skype program However I adjust the microphone settings e g automatic manual level setting on the Echo Sound Test Service the microphone is so low that I can hardly hear what I say nbsp I can hear the person I am calling very clearly nbsp I note that in Settings Privacy Microphone Skype doesn't appear as an app to grant access to of course the Skype Video app did nbsp Has anyone else had this problem nbsp What can I do to resolve it nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Microphone-too-quiet-with-Skype-program/td-p/5731841
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there,

Can someone please help?

After installing Skype, when it tries to open the application, I get a windows error. There is no way that I can use my Skype application.

I have included my HJT logs.

A:Solved: Skype causing windows error.

Looks like I solved the problem.

I uninstalled Skype via Control Panel. After that I did a manual search in the registry for Skype, and removed every reference.

Downloaded the newest version of Skype, and re-installed. Problem Solved !!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype-causing-windows-error.736780/
Relevancy 49.45%

Well I m probably sticking my foot in it again but here goes I m inquiring as to the possibility of somehow combining Gtalk and Skype in to one application to ease the load on our CPU s Skype has it s ups and so does does Gtalk and they are also two commercially different products However Skype is yet to offer an email client so in the meantime for those of us wanting the best of both worlds we have to run separate programs Not a biggy until you try to keep an into be to Gtalk and app? combined program it Skype Would possible a create that one eye on whose online or not in both programs FYI it takes up a lot of desktop property My question is Without breaching either Skype of Google s proprietary Would it be possible to create a program that combined Skype and Gtalk into one app? licencing would it be possible to create a program that at the very least combines the two interfaces together if not the actual programs I know that Skype can take a peak into you Google contacts and find out if someone in that contact list is on Skype but conversely why can t Google peak into Would it be possible to create a program that combined Skype and Gtalk into one app? your Skype contacts and find that person in Gtalk Now Would it be possible to create a program that combined Skype and Gtalk into one app? granted if you have someone s Skype profile then you should already know there email but it would still be a nice feature wouldn t it So already Skype is allowed some freedom in Googles turf but there hasn t been any move yet from any open-source developer to roll these problems together into a nice jam-rolly-polly But is it actually possible nbsp

A:Would it be possible to create a program that combined Skype and Gtalk into one app?

Plenty of the universal chat clients include Google Talk but I have yet to see one that includes Skype. Doesn't look like Pidgin or Trillian can do it and those are two of the major Universal IM clients. Was reading about Kopete. It might be able to do it with an extra plugin but I am not sure from reading the documentation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/would-it-be-possible-to-create-a-program-that-combined-skype-and-gtalk-into-one-app.964008/
Relevancy 49.45%

Skype install failed with APPCRASH. Ran Skype uninstall from appwiz.cpl. Also tried File Assassin, Microsoft fix-it and revo. I have set all related permissions to Full Control; and the pesky thing still will not grant me access. Can any one please help?
Thanks for taking the time to read my post. My best to everyone.
Looking forward to a reply that may work.
Sincerely, Myron P

A:Cannot delete Skype program folder after uninstall

Try booting into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key when the computer is booting up and choosing Safe Mode with Networking, so you can still do research and reply to this post while in Safe Mode.

Once in Safe Mode, try navigating to the folder in Windows Explorer and deleting it.

Make sure that the Skype process is not running.

Reply if you need help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515002/cannot-delete-skype-program-folder-after-uninstall/
Relevancy 49.45%

The problem with my computer is every time I try to install windows live messenger or skype my computer will not let me It lets me download these programs but when it gets to the installing part something pops up saying there is another installtion in progress but my computer shows no sign of something else installing I have tryed seeing if there are any default programs stoping my computer from installing these programs and i see nothing wrong I have also tryed saving skype and windows live messenger to my desktop and the icon shows up but when I go to run Solved: Cant messenger or skype Install windows live the them they still will not go through I thought i might add Im not trying installing these programs at the same time so it cant be one program is trying to download and thats why the other wont I do not know much about computers so clear step by step help would be really nice Thank you to anyone who is willing to help and God Bless nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-install-windows-live-messenger-or-skype.729640/
Relevancy 44.29%

Dear I noticed that skype has send to all skype in skype send to scan cannot - account spam skype safety contacts all page load contacts a certain link to one contact even multiply links this all happens on the same day th december from - I haven't seen any spam send anymore after that Skype support told me to reset my password I did and to download safety scanner from microsoft they proviced me with the link spam send in skype account to all skype contacts - cannot load page safety scan when I try to open the link the browser cannot load the page it is stuck in a loop sometimes I see a page but just for a second or even less then mostly white page and browser keeps trying to load the page and in chrome a little shield symbol on the right side of the address bar says that it's trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources this message dissappears very quickly I have skype installed on two laptops and on my smartphone iphone The problem I told about is on one laptop that has no antivirus I did not yet checked the other laptop if the microsoft page opens or not but I do have bitdefender internet security paid installed on the second laptop I want to be sure the laptop that has the problem is virusfree Scanresultaten van Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Versie - - Gestart door Momo Beheerder op MOMOSONYLAPTOP - - Gestart vanaf C Users Momo Desktop Geladen Profielen Momo Beschikbare Profielen Momo amp Nora amp MomoSurf Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Taal Nederlands Nederland Internet Explorer Versie Standaardbrowser Chrome Boot Modus Normal Handleiding voor Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processen gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist het proces zal worden gesloten Het bestand zal niet worden verplaatst AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Advanced Micro Devices C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Reservation Manager AMD Reservation Manager exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Atheros C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exe Atheros Commnucations C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AdminService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW svchost exe AnchorFree Inc C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin cmw srv exe AnchorFree Inc C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin hsswd exe Paramount Software UK Ltd C Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe Popcorn Time C Program Files x Popcorn Time Updater exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer exe Conexant Systems Inc C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe Atheros Communications C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite BtvStack exe Atheros Commnucations C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AthBtTray exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe PIXELA CORPORATION C Program Files x PIXELA VideoBrowser CameraMonitor exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Evernote Corp Walnut St... Read more

A:spam send in skype account to all skype contacts - cannot load page safety scan

I downloaded the safety scanner from microsoft from my other laptop without any issue.

copied it to a usb, put it on the problem laptop, a full scan and nothing found.

I realize I did had a antivirus paid version (kaspersky internet securuity) on the laptop, as I first said that it had no antivirus.

I only disabled it because it had problems running.

Now I enabled it, updated it and run a full scan. nothing found.

I don't know if skype is the cause and not a virus?  the skype workers told me that the cause could be anything (email, virus on computer).

I mostly use skype on iphone, and here I'm confused with what the skype workers said: one said that iphone can not be infected, so no need to check the iphone.
an other said: you can download an app from app store to scan for viruses, because it is possible that the virus is on the iphone.

This is really not clear anymore.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600944/spam-send-in-skype-account-to-all-skype-contacts-cannot-load-page-safety-scan/
Relevancy 44.29%

skype runs ok in my VISTA HOME BASIC 32BIT, but icon/shortcut of skype in desktop, do not seem instead shows a small null icon, well what to do to be seen ?

A:skype runs ok in my VISTA HOME BASIC 32BIT, but icon/shortcut of skype in desktop, do

Hello Ise,

You might see if creating a new shortcut for it directly from the .exe file of Skype may work instead.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/230884-skype-runs-ok-my-vista-home-basic-32bit-but-icon-shortcut-skype-desktop-do.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Skype asked me to link my account with Hotmail and then wouldn't accept my login. When i tried resetting the password, Skype said it would send the code to my phone, then to my secondary email. i received neither notification and now Skype has locked me out.
Help?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445198-had-link-hotmail-skype-accounts-skype-now-not-letting-me-log.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I've experienced some problems and discomfort with skype for win - not able to show screen - terrible design - very slow response i e when I click RMB the menu shows up in works Skype 8 terribly, worse is Win desktop for Skype for several seconds and I expect to see it immideately - doesn't understand links to skype chat like skype chat amp blob blahblahblah when I click it nothing happens I've also Skype for Win 8 works terribly, Skype for desktop is worse tried skype for desktop it was even worse - when I changed online status Skype for Win 8 works terribly, Skype for desktop is worse to invisible i've also tried with N A skype stopped to receive and send messages - when this or another error occurs I try to kill skype process via task manager TM then firstly says that skype is not responding so i am trying to kill process after that TM stops responding as well So when i've tried skype for desktop i had to reboot my laptop about times in a day Now I've installed skype from Store back but I still need to go to skype chat Could anyone please help me either make skype x x work on win or enter the chat which i need Here's my system http i imgur com Fu f png Thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/18920-skype-win-8-works-terribly-skype-desktop-worse.html
Relevancy 43%

My skype contacts are missing with newest skype and the support gives me
"Carissa M.
First, ensure that you are signed in with the correct Skype Name." 
Could anyone upload skype 6.1 or lower please... 
Also does anyone know why the skype crashes when trying to login with microsoft account on newest version 6.3.60.105
Thanks 

A:Skype retarded support: Anyone upload Skype 6.1

You can find 6.1 online with a quick google search, such as at http://www.filepuma.com/download/skype_6.1.0.129-2261/For even older versions: http://www.oldversion.com/windows/skype-5-9-0-123Don't have version 6.3 to verify the crash issue using the microsoft log in.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489664/skype-retarded-support-anyone-upload-skype-61/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am running windows 7 on a refurbished hp envy 17, which I purchased about 4 months ago. The computer usually works really well; however recently I noticed that if I open a windows explorer window from within another program (ie - selecting download location of a file) the computer invariably slows down for about 15 seconds and then freezes. I don't have this problem when I open windows explorer by itself from the start menu or if I browse files from my desktop (via my computer).

I was wondering if anyone could offer me some guidance on how to figure out what is causing this.

Thanks,
Jason

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 Freezing When Opening Windows Explorer From Another Program

Hello JayMan11 & welcome to TSF

I don't think it's a problem with windows. What browser are you using? Do you use any Download Managers?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-freezing-when-opening-windows-explorer-from-another-program-674075.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I am attempting to load Skype on my old HP Compaq 550 PC but it says there are problems with the microphone when I test the microphone it fails to respond , any thoughts on this please??

A:Solved: Skype on old HP PC

Does the microphone definately work? i.e. you have had it working on another PC.

Are all your drivers installed correctly? Have a look in Control Panel > Device Manager, are there any yellow exclamation marks against items there?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype-on-old-hp-pc.1017772/
Relevancy 41.71%

using vista.
i keep losing my video during my phone conversation.
i am not getting notifications that i've missed a call even though the software is set to notify me.
what do i have to change???

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

herb

A:Solved: skype

Have you tried updating to the latest version? If that fails you could try uninstalling, then reinstalling the software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype.926828/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have been trying to go to www.skype.com but cannot make a connection. I've tried lowering the Security level of Internet Explorer but that doesn't make a difference. Is there something about Skype that I've missed, or is it just that the whole world is trying to connect at the same time?

Relevancy 41.71%

Since installing the updated Norton Internet Security 2007 I'm experiencing problems with Skype. I'm using a telephone handset and find that spasmodically I can't hear my caller, I've checked all the obvious settings I.E. Volume, USB settings stc., I've also substituted the hand set and the problem continues. Sometimes all works satisfactory, other times I cannot record my message or hear my caller in the testing mode.
I would appreciate your help.
Trevor Jones.

A:Solved: Skype

Does it work fine when you turn Norton off?

Your program settings in Norton may not be allowing it to connect through the network...
Go into norton and make sure Skype is ALWAYS ALLOWED or somthing to that effect, Norton changes it up all the time...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype.624069/
Relevancy 41.71%

I hope I am in the correct forum
I am about to install skype and as I am on limited download ( 1 Gb each 30 days)
can someone advise how much time for a ten minute skype to skype call would be required from my download time thank you

A:Solved: using skype

GNOMEX,

According to Skype:

https://support.skype.com/search/?q=bandwidth
How much bandwidth does Skype use while I'm in a call?

Skype automatically selects the best codec depending on the connection between yourself and the person you are calling. On average, Skype uses between 3-16 kilobytes/sec depending on bandwidth available for other party, network conditions in between, callers CPU performance, etc.

How much bandwidth does Skype use when there are no active calls?

On average Skype uses 0-0.5 kilobytes/sec while idle. This is used mainly for contact presence updates. The exact bandwidth depends on many factors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-using-skype.922137/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi Folks
Whilst using Firefox I get a message per screenshot, once I click on OK it disappears and Firefox opens up.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152617 MB, Free - 87207 MB; D: Total - 152625 MB, Free - 131863 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., G31M-S2L, x.x,
Antivirus: Sunbelt VIPRE, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Hi,

Have you tried to reinstall Firefox or skype?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype.1009828/
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm having a problem with my SKYPE sound system and I've tried all the helpful hints they gave me, but still no one hears me. Does anyone have a tech phone number for SKYPE, I checked their web site but no luck.Thanks..

u might want to try another program like trillian. there is a free and paid version u can use and i think the support is better. hope this helps u.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype.744016/
Relevancy 41.71%

I got Skype today and I made a phone call. I set up and account and it never asked me for a credit card. My question is, where will the bill come? It let me make a call and said it charged me. But what does it charge. Man I hope it doesnt show up in my isp bill.

A:Solved: Skype ???s

If it didn't ask for specific information, then it may have been a free call. If you are new, I think a certain amount of time is free. And if you called someone else on Skype, then it is always free.

They would have nothing to do with your ISP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype-s.735541/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have downloaded skype, and I can here other people on the phone when I ring, but they can't here me, and it keeps saying your microphone is too quiet, and I turn it on full, and I really need this, so can anyone tell me how I can put that right.

Yours

Janet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype.843697/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi. I wonder if anyone can help me. I got a new Dell inspiron 1525 for Christmas, and am having a great time getting to know it. However, i'm sad to see i'm still having the same problem with Skype that i had on my last computer - namely, when I run Skype, it uses 100% of my CPU, making it difficult to use other programs at the same time. I know this isn't supposed to happen, and have read various potential solutions on different websites, but can't find a definitive answer about how to solve this. I'll be extremely grateful for any help, as I use skype everyday to talk to my fiancee.
Thanks,
John

My specs are:
Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1
Dell Inspiron 1525
Celeron CPU 550 @ 2.00 GHz
Memory 2.00 GB
System Type 32 Bit Operating System

Relevancy 41.28%

Not so much a software support question, but this is the best I could figure it'd go into... but if I have an Office 365 subscription that includes 60 minutes of Skype calling a month, do I still need to purchase a Skype number so people can call me and for people to know who's calling them?

I tested it out as it is right now and when I call my dad's phone, says "Unknown caller."

http://www.pchelpforum.com/software-support/126213-skype-calling-skype-number.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have tried everything imaginable to get rid of these two.  I can delete Skype via 
control panel, but it comes back and re-installs itself.  
Click to call will not go away.  When I try to use the control panel I get a message that 
says, "close Chrome browsers to uninstall".   I've tried doing that and still get that same message.
I've even uninstalled Chrome and re-installed it with the same result.
These two are like a bad dream.   
Any help with completely deleting both would be appreciated.

Regards, 
Len

A:I can't get rid of Skype or Skype Click To Call!!

If you haven't followed the instructions given in link below....try that.
How can I completely uninstall and then reinstall Skype for Windows desktop?

You can also try using Revo in Advanced Mode to remove Skype.
Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585550/i-cant-get-rid-of-skype-or-skype-click-to-call/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have both on my Windows 10 pc and only Skype Preview seems to actually work. What's really weird is I can't find much about either online, so I'm not even sure if Messaging + Skype is being continued or even still functional. Does it require a companion phone app to work? (I use Android). Messaging + Skype can't seem to find any of my Skype contacts while Skype Preview can.
Just really confused on how barebones and non-functional this all seems, even after some Googling. Can anyone shed some light for me?

A:Skype Preview vs. Messaging + Skype

Messaging + skype has been discontinued. Everything will be focused on Skype Preview now
Links: http://www.windowscentral.com/skype-...d-mobile-works http://www.windowscentral.com/messag...versary-update
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438562-skype-preview-vs-messaging-skype.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have always used Skype for Desktop and only recently found that there is a Skype Modern App on my system.
From what I have read it would seem the best plan would be to ditch the App and just continue with the desktop version.
Have there been any recent changes that would make the the Modern App a better solution than the Desktop version?

A:Skype for Desktop vs Skype Modern App

They have updated it recently so it doesn't continue to ring even when you have answered the desktop version which is why I uninstalled it in the first place. This means in theory you could install both and answer whichever you felt like at the time.

I prefer the look of the desktop version personally so I never re-installed the Modern App version.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/48219-skype-desktop-vs-skype-modern-app.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I was just wondering if windows 10 still has a fax program like windows fax and scan?

Thank you.

A:[SOLVED] does windows 10 have fax program

A quick google of "windows 10 fax" gives this: Help Windows 10 has no fax and scan function, where is it?

Quote:

Don't panic, even the new Windows 10 has a fax and scan function to scan a page on the fly as a document and send as a fax!

The quickest way to open the windows and fax and scan software with the command WFS, stands for (Windows Fax Scan)

Start the Windows 10 run dialog and simply type the WFS command, this will start the Windows 10 fax and scan software.

If an email client program is installed, you can send the scanned documents as an e-mail or fax. The default folder for the scanned documents is: Documents \ Scanned Documents

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/solved-does-windows-10-have-fax-program-1017362.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3350P CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 12249 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7570, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 945568 MB, Free - 872921 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0NW73C
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

I have a picture it program that I actually loved but it will not load in Windows 8. I used it Windows XP & 7. It has 2 disks; the first one does just fine but the second one says it will update MDAC & reboot & finish the update but it never finishes the update. I love this program so is there some way to get it to load on Windows 8?

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, last night my Skype phone stopped operating, which had been OK for almost a year. I have a Sony Vaio laptop WinXP SP3. The phone is a wireless Philips VOIP321. The driver shows it's connected, and the Skype program shows all my contacts like usual as if nothing is wrong. Only thing is the antenna icon on the phone is blinking, shows that it is searching, but cannot pick up the signal. I've checked for updates, and reinstalled the Skype program, still no luck. The only thing that might have upset it, is that I created a Linux Rescue CD yesterday. I put it in my CD drive and had it boot the computer, then I removed it and booted normally. In all other ways computer is operating fine and as usual, except for Skype. Any ideas, thanks,...Tom

A:Solved: Skype not working

OK, I finally opened a bottle of wine, and after one and a half glasses, problem solved! But before that I uninstalled/ reinstalled Skype, uninstalled/ reinstalled Philips VOIP321 drivers, booted the poor machine several times, tried System Restore for the first time, successfully, I might add, still the stupid phone would not work. Then I'm thinking, I bought this Skype stuff in April of 08', wonder if the batteries on the phone are down. Well I don't have any AAA batteries on hand, I'll do the old take them out spin them around, and stick um back in. First thing that got me smiling was the little antenna icon on the phone was not blinking, yup, that was it, the darn batteries. Hopefully someone else will read this, and help them,...Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype-not-working.788943/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi Everyone.

I'm testing out Windows 8 in a VM. I have it registered and all that. I even installed a couple free apps to play around with them a bit. But I can't get skype to actually finish loading. Is it because it's in a VM or what? Has anyone else experienced this issue. If so what's the work around? I'd like to test it out on my VM before I think about installing it on the Main Machine. No worries. I have 2 copies of 8. A 32-bit and a 64-bit version. I"m using the 32-bit version in my VM so I can use the 64-bit version for the main machine at some point. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
SFGLDS

A:[SOLVED] Skype won't load

Hello sfglds,

Your problem could be because you are in VM... I run Skype on Windows 8 without any issues...

Make sure you download and install the latest version of Skype.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-skype-wont-load-676314.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi Guys

Having Skype login bug severelly from my USER AC, it says 0x00aeb5e2 referenced memory at 0x00000008 and fail to log in.

Hope to hear ASAP

A:Solved: Skype 5.3.0.111 Error

Try http://heartbeat.skype.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype-5-3-0-111-error.999605/
Relevancy 41.28%

Skyp wont load/start
pop-up declares:

Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInfornation (KERNEL32.d11)

A:Solved: skype -[KERNEL32.d11]

Are you using Windows XP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype-kernel32-d11.1126093/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi everyone
Suddenly, I have a problem uysing Skype. When I open Skype it tells me that it cant as Skype has crashed and do I want to close the program or Debug etc etc. This is the problem info. Any idea what has happened. Can it have anything to do with IE9 or Audacity which I have recently started using for recording voice messages? I have uninstalled Skype and download the app again and set installed bu it is unable to install and comes back the above questions.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Skype.exe
Application Version: 5.3.0.113
Application Timestamp: 4dd67601
Fault Module Name: Skype.exe
Fault Module Version: 5.3.0.113
Fault Module Timestamp: 4dd67601
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 006ebe12
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Relevancy 41.28%

so i recently bought a steelseries siberia v2 headset, and it works fine other than when i am in a voice call on skype and i am listening to music. the music plays at full volume but when people on skype talk it lowers the volume of the music greatly and then it will come back up. i went into start>run>mmsys.cpl and set it to do nothing. but it is still reducing sounds... any help?

A:Solved: problem with skype...

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-skype.1083275/
Relevancy 41.28%

Having problems with Skype "hearing" me: as soon as I connect to Skype on my old lap top it deselects the microphone recording box and mutes the mic so Skype cannot hear me. When I reselect it and then test with my computer's sound recorder, it works fine. Mic also works fine on desk top.

Any solutions or ideas?

Thanks

John

A:Solved: Skype problem

Skype mic uses the recording side of windows audio.
For XP,go to start/control panel,sound and audio devices.
Make sure the proper device is selected for recording
then click the volume button.
Click the select box for microphone and set the volume.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype-problem.709032/
Relevancy 41.28%

Windows XP Pro - I thought I had removed Skype 3.8 months ago. Recent check of Add or Remove I find Skype 3.8 27.62 MB still there. Click to remove and I get A network error occured while trying toi read from the file: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\Skype.msi then clicking OK, I get Fatal error during installation. Going on Skype support, they avoid at all cost any help removing Skype. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 41.28%

Been a while since I last used techguy but always got satisfaction with the help and I thank you all for that. My problem now is with Skype I have Skype on my PC running XP pro and it works fine Now I wish to install onto my laptop running Win7 but I wish to use the same tag and password that I use on my PC Every time I try to download the programme it wont let me do so and wants me to start an account , which needless to say wont go through because the tag and password are already being used by me Any ideas on how to solve this ??? and please give step by step instructions , Im old and befuddled LOL

A:Solved: Skype puzzle

You need to login to Skype's website and then go to the download page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype-puzzle.958045/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello i am using the program skype www.skype.com and when i log into it, it automatically disconnects me from the internet and i have a cable modem and a router along with 2 pcs and an xbox.

and when i click on te program skype it automaticallylike shuts off my router or cable modem or something and it wont let me use the internet for like 2 minutes.

what could be wrong. the router i am using is the befsx41 wired linksys router and i was wondering if i need to open my ports and if i do then could you tell me how to do it for my router

A:Solved: Skype Not Working

Exactly. Check your router's manual for how to port forward to your machines.. Skype's port needs are listed here: http://www.skype.com/help/faq/technical.html

Also, it's a good idea to use static addresses on your internal network because voip is highly dependant on these addresses not changing. So if you use DHCP locally, check in your router's manual to figure out how to use static IP's instead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype-not-working.370777/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi Guys, I am having a bit of trouble with microphone on Skype I can see my friends , hear them speak they can see me but cant hear me any ideas Thanks Glenn.

A:Solved: Skype speakers.

Hi Guys, problem solved only had to turn on web com mic Thanks all Glenn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype-speakers.1005152/
Relevancy 41.28%

I recently had Win 7 installed on my laptop (acer aspire 4920g). Since then when I use Skype, the person whom I'm calling cant hear me. I can hear them. Can you please help?
Thank you

A:[SOLVED] Win 7 - Skype issues

When did you have Windows 7 installed? A new version of Skype was released April 20. Make sure you have the most recent version.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-win-7-skype-issues-570574.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Running Vista Home Premium 6.0 (Build 6002:Service Pack 2).

Yesterday, in the middle of a chat, my Skype (version 5.3.0.113) crashed and subsequently caused a BSOD. I uninstalled the program, rebooted, then re-installed. Since then, I have been having the same problem, albeit without the BSOD (Thank heaven!). The crash message gives me the following:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Skype.exe
Application Version: 5.3.0.113
Application Timestamp: 4dd67601
Fault Module Name: Skype.exe
Fault Module Version: 5.3.0.113
Fault Module Timestamp: 4dd67601
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 006ebe12
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 38b0
Additional Information 2: 9a0fb317fa4e51a0d01cd1375e96e5fb
Additional Information 3: a677
Additional Information 4: 67b9089ff4b3bdddca530ffa3788721e

Up until yesterday, everything worked fine. Now, as soon as I sign in, the crash happens. Skype shuts down more or less nicely and the machine runs normally.

Any suggestion as to what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

A:[SOLVED] Skype AppCrash

Check in with the Reliability Monitor - see what installed during the last 48 hours -
START | type perfmon /rel

Run system restore - choose a restore point > 48 hours old -
START | type rstrui

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-skype-appcrash-576762.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi Guys This is my first use of this site and I am hoping someone can help me out The screen grab below is what I get at start up For the system to carry Windows 'D:\Program cannot find Solved: on loading I have to click the OK tab then Solved: Windows cannot find 'D:\Program everything is OK I have tried various things listed on the net but with no luck I Solved: Windows cannot find 'D:\Program have used Spybot Adware Winows Defender and McAfee with no result Hope this Hijack file below is of help to someone with more knowledge than me Any guidance would be appreciated Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes D WINDOWS System smss exe D WINDOWS system winlogon exe D WINDOWS system services exe D WINDOWS system lsass exe D WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe D Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe D PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe d PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe d PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe D PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe D Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe D Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exe D Program Files Western Digital WD Drive Manager WDBtnMgrSvc exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D WINDOWS system rundll exe d PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe D Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe D PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe D WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE D Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe D Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe D Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe D Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe D WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Program Files Common Files Ahead Solved: Windows cannot find 'D:\Program lib NMBgMonitor exe d Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpupdchk exe D Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Program Files Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exe D Program Files MGI MGI PhotoSuite PhotoSuite exe D Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sky com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar iesearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - d PROGRA mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - D Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - D Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - D Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - d PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - D Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - d PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus DX Series D WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAEE EXE F quot D WINDOWS TEMP E S D tmp quot... Read more

Relevancy 40.85%

Can anyone recommend a free, or purchased mac application that would allow you to create a trifold brochure?
Thank you.
Skyholder

A:Solved: Mac program = Windows Publisher

Apple iWork (replaced AppleWorks some time ago): http://www.apple.com/iwork/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mac-program-windows-publisher.1015074/
Relevancy 40.85%

This is a weird one.....I use an OLD photo program: MGI PhotoSuite....I have no problems with it at all and I'd just rather not switch even though it is ancient. No compatibility problems. However, I have a Canon LDE 110 scanner and I want to set the scanner to automatically send the scans to PHotoSuite. Unfortunately, I cannot find the MGI program on Win7! I do searches everywhere, to no avail. At least, I can't find the *exe file, so that I can set "open with" to Photosuite.I cannot find that *exe file.

I go to the file types page where you can set the associations, but since I cannot locate the *exe file, I'm stymied.

Any help very much appreciated.

Relevancy 40.85%

When I take a " print screen " shot of either a very large picture or desktop pict. when I use paint .... there are times the picture is so large that I can not select it all by dragging the capture thingy because I can not scroll over to the right. ( I hope this is making sense ) .
My question is : is there a way to scroll the screen over to the right - I've tried using the arrow , space bar and nothing works .

Any help appreciated
Lu

Relevancy 40.85%

I'm running Windows 7 Pro on my desktop and XP on a networked laptop. Network Magic is managing the network. I need to work in my Access application that is on my Windows 7 machine, and I need to access it from my XP laptop.

I set up a shared folder that works well between the 2 machines and I created a shortcut from my Access application and put it in my Shared folder. When I click it from the Windows 7 machine it works fine but when I click it from my XP machine I get a message that says the program has moved or changed.

Can anyone help?
Thanks
Bob

Relevancy 40.85%

I have Toshiba C50-b laptop just two weeks old with WINDOWS 8.1. Probably Java loaded into my laptop PRO-PC-CLEANER. Java was the latest that was updated in my PC.
I'm trying to uninstall PRO PC CLEANER. When I click on the uninstall button in the control panel uninstall programs screen I'm getting the following error message:
There is a problem with this windows installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel.
How can I get this DLL?
Please advise.

A:[SOLVED] UNINSTALL PROGRAM IN WINDOWS 8.1

Try the free version of Revo Uninstaller . . it gets most programs

Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-uninstall-program-in-windows-8-1-a-953545.html
Relevancy 40.85%

When I first started using Windows XP I was able to configure my old Solved: XP in Windows DOS SuperCalc Using program DOS program Supercalc following some advice given in a computer magazine This involved copying the Config nt Solved: Using SuperCalc DOS program in Windows XP and Autoexec nt files into the SuperCalc folder reconfiguring them and saving them as Autoexec bat and Config sys I then set them as initialization files in the Advanced section of the Properties dialog in the SuperCalc program This worked and I had Mb of memory to play with which given how economical DOS programs are was more than sufficient This has continued with no problems for years until quite suddenly with no warning and without my knowingly making any changes I have only bytes in Supercalc which means I cannot access most of my spreadsheet files I have tried reinstalling SuperCalc in a different folder and following the same instructions with no luck I did the same with another DOS program WordPerfect which is still working properly with something like Mb available of which I am using only The autoexec bat and config sys files in both of these DOS programs are identical Can anyone help nibor nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I've noticed that XP is trying to install a program called Net everytime I start up.
I've checked in add/remove programs - nothing funny going on there.

Someone might have an idea?

A:Solved: Windows XP trying to install program

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-trying-to-install-program.975289/
Relevancy 40.85%

I use Skype regularly to IM and video link with family. Recently I have started getting a message on boot-up from Skype Extras Manager - "unexpected response from server received. Send problem report?" If I click yes it tries to do something in My Documents (I have Windows XP) and not send a report at all. I am confused. I don't even want Skype Extras as they seem to be games. Can anyone tell me how to uninstall the Extras without losing Skype? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but there didn't seem to be an option to NOT have Extras. I read somewhere that these Extras hog resources anyway. Any information would be useful. Thanks.

A:Solved: Skype Extras Manager

No one else seems to have had this problem??? I have, for the record, managed to solve it, I think. I have gone to Skype, Options and in Advanced unticked the box to automatically load Extras. I booted up today ok. Goodness knows why it started but hopefully, if anyone else gets this, they will see my comments.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype-extras-manager.998939/
Relevancy 40.85%

Problem I've been a Skype User for Keeps Launch on [SOLVED] Skype Crashing a couple years now and It's allways worked fine but recently out of nowhere the program just crashed And i wasn't doing anything new on the computer at the time Each Time when i go to log in now I get as far as the Log In window but after about seconds it crashes without me even doing anything not even attempting to log in What I've Tried Allready Uninstalling Deleting Skype [SOLVED] Skype Keeps Crashing on Launch and Downloading Installing it Again Downloading an Older [SOLVED] Skype Keeps Crashing on Launch Version of Skype Making [SOLVED] Skype Keeps Crashing on Launch Sure it was Allowed in my Internet Security Firewall and doing the same with Windows Firewall I am running out of ideas My computer is a Toshiba Satelite Laptop Runnin windows Vista bit it's about years old now but I expect atleast another months out of it before i buy a new one Router Belkin N not sure what model wireless Router My internet security is Norton what can i try s

A:[SOLVED] Skype Keeps Crashing on Launch

Hi -

See if you can find detailed crash info. Try these areas -

1. WERCON -
START | type view | "View all Problem Reports" | 2x-click on line item for additional crash info

2. Reliability Monitor -
START | type perfmon /rel

3. Event Viewer -
START | type eventvwr.msc | Custom Views | Administrative Events

I would also suggest N360 removal - NIS/ N360 Removal -- sysnative.com - MVP

You can always reinstall N360 if it is an innocent victim.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-skype-keeps-crashing-on-launch-576677.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a Dell computer with Windows XP. My problem is as follows:
I have been trying to use Skype to make calls to landlines and cell phones. When I do so the call goes through, but the other person cannot hear me - usually not at all, but sometimes a muffled word comes through. I have tried two different microphones (one a USB, the other separate cables) and they both have the same problem. I have also tried these same microphones with my account on a different computer and it works fine. There is no problem making computer-to-computer calls, only calls to or from landlines and cell phones. I have tried removing Skype and reloading it, but that didn't help. I have been in contact with Skype online help and they have no idea why it won't work. HELP!!! Any suggestions?

Relevancy 40.85%

I think I have accidentally allowed Macafee to block Skype on my Windows 7 laptop. I am not particularly computer-savvy and wonder if anyone on here can help me to unblock it?

Many thanks

Relevancy 40.85%

Win XP home-OE Express-IE6

I am trying to upgrade from Skype 3.8 to 4.1. I have had 3.8 for several years but it shows up as unstable and not supported anymore by secunia so I want to download 4.1. I tried to remove 3.8 before installing 4.1 and get the same error message regarding removal and install?.

Network error occured while attempting to read from the file C:\ Windows\installer\skype.msi (fatal error during installation)

I can not uninstall 3.8 nor install 4.1

Need some assistance!

man of marin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype-install-problem.883366/
Relevancy 40.85%

So… one of our friends mentions how amazing Skype is and now my wife has to have it and can't live without it.

We're running both the laptop (wireless N or Ethernet) and desktop with WinXP SP3. What are the Pros & Cons of installing\using Skype? Resource intensive? Security nightmare? Greatest thing since sliced bread?

Is there a good “how to” out there… where should I start?

Relevancy 40.85%

Here are my laptop specs Current speed test Skype current version installs flawlessly every i5 RAM Laptop please 8GB help Skype Solved: on Extreme lag time I have Solved: Extreme Skype lag on i5 8GB RAM Laptop please help tried downgrading to and still have the same issues Problem After a while of calling on skype the application becomes slow and almost unresponsive It takes - seconds to register the mouse and any clicks These are just free calls between - skype users When not calling skype runs fine a temp solution is to restart the program every - minutes but you get the point I ve tried reinstalling with no luck Memory usage is around mb after mins and climbs to mb sometimes after a few hours During calls skype exe CPU usage is around - so constantly using an entire core I am a little low on hd space gb free but dont see why that would be a problem I defrag weekly and run all the usual maintenance amp virus scans I am very tech savvy bit ennoyed at myself for not being able to figure out the issue Could anybody help nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I cannot see a way tp stop Skype always opening on boot up, there aren't any preferences that I can see. Can anyone please help?

A:Solved: Skype always opens on boot up

go to start > run > type msconfig > enter > go to the startup tab and disable everything labeled 'skype'. You will be prompted to reboot after doing so.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype-always-opens-on-boot-up.1091177/
Relevancy 40.85%

I presently have one Skype account on two computers. When I go on my summer vacation with the laptop, is it possible to put another Skype account on that PC so I can communicate with family back home? Or do I have to uninstall Skype, reinstall it with another account name?

Relevancy 40.85%

Not much more to say as the "Title" say it all.

A:Solved: Can I record Skype sessions?

Hope this helps: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12395/how-can-i-record-my-skype-calls?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-i-record-skype-sessions.1147722/
Relevancy 40.85%

skype keeps telling me to update/upgrade but when I click on it I get an fail error: 1603

Then I went into administrative account and it downloaded but can't install, I get an error message and then the fail error 1603 again.

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Thank you.

A:[SOLVED] skype won't update - errors

Hi try the info here Re: Updateing Error? - Skype Community

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-skype-wont-update-errors-756233.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I did use it years ago and it is a handy program. I think it can be a rather insidious program that continues to run in the background even after you shut it down. Is there a way to install this beast and keep it at bay? Is it spyware/adware as I've heard?
Thanks in advance.
ps; I'm running Windows 7

Relevancy 40.85%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3839 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 599194 MB, Free - 520781 MB; D: Total - 11182 MB, Free - 1593 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, Narra6
Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

I am unable to sign in to Skype. I uninstalled Skype and reinstalled.
My antiviris is Avira.
Skype was working last week and I have not downloaded any new programs.
I checked other answers to this problem on this forum and some of them suggested going into the registry. I don't change anything in the registry unless directed by one of your experts.

A:Solved: trouble logging into Skype

My wife, who is not computer literate, strongly suggested closing the PC and reopening it. SUCCESS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trouble-logging-into-skype.1150341/
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm using Microsoft Life Cam with Skype 4.0.0.206. The camera worked before updating to the 4.0 version and my contacts were able to see me. Should I uninstall and reinstall both programs?

A:Solved: Web cam stops working with Skype

Did you try the video settings in Skype? If u updated it, maybe you need to set the video settings again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-web-cam-stops-working-with-skype.800769/
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm trying to use Skype to call home from overseas. It's supposed to be easy and cheap but it's proving to be otherwise. Everytime I start Skype, my CPU goes to 100% and my computer acts like it's back in the stone ages and slows down to the point of uselessness for the program and anything else. If there's anyone that has had similar experiences and knows what to do, helping me would be great. I'd love to hear my loved ones cause it's been a while. My friend and I have the same computer and the same version of skype but for some reason mine is the one that's screwing up and he locks his computer up while on mission so using his isn't much of an option. Please help!

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi
I don't know what's going wrong with my PC.I recently updated Skype and system process goes high,system fan runs faster than normal and hard disk light is constantly ON.When i close Skype,everything comes back to normal.

I thought,there might be huge history cache,so i deleted all the history,and updated Skype but the problem is still there.I even uninstalled the Skype and re-installed it,but no luck.

What's this problem? please help me.

A:[SOLVED] Skype making problems

If you uninstall Skype does the computer work fine? Have you tried reinstalling the older version of Skype? Is so, then it is an issue with Skype
Post in the Skype forum for better results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-skype-making-problems-763170.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Don t even know if I could even asked these questions here if not please steer me in the right direction As a Johnny come lately person I nerds welcomed Solved: Skype finally bit the Solved: Skype nerds welcomed bullet and got Skype I Solved: Skype nerds welcomed installed what seems to be the latest version for windows desktop as they call it My webcam and sound are working just fine cause i did a sound test with their software but there is none for video test The first step the instructions says to add a contact before i could even attempt to make a video call I got as far as adding an email address and then asked for a phone number Now I couldn t find anything on that site that explains how to setup a contact so for that matter i do not know if one needs to know the party s phone number in order to make a call I left somewhat similar questions in the community area of Skype but no one has answered it so I thought i asked here hoping someone here is a Skype nerd and can help me I mean nerd in the respectful way not as an insult So here s hoping someone can get me on the right path BTW i know no one that has a Skype account to try this out nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

It is more than annoying that Skype takes all my phone numbers in my address book and on anything on my PC that appears in phone Solved: on Skype computer unsync XP Can't number format and converts it to a Skype link I did Solved: Can't unsync Skype on XP computer not authorize this and it s ridiculous because if you are not careful when looking to copy a phone number connects the link and starts making a call Solved: Can't unsync Skype on XP computer you don t want to make I went to the pathetic quot support forums quot on Skype where you can t find anything useful and Skype has no actual legitimate customer support All I want to do is unsync Skype from my phone numbers on my pc but there doesn t appear any obvious way of doing this other than to uninstall Skype which I might do because I quot m disgusted with them I m sure there s some cooking lurking on my computer somewhere in a Skype folder that is the culprit and needs to be deleted but I don t see where Originally I sent this to the Internet forum assuming it would be the most appropriate forum but got only one response that didn t address the issue so I figure it may be more focused in how xp interfaces with Skype nbsp

A:Solved: Can't unsync Skype on XP computer

Hi Blindy8,

It seems that you have the callto:// option enabled. Please go to:

1.- Sign in to Skype.
2.- Click Tools > Options... > Advanced.
3.- Check Use Skype to call callto: links on the web.

Tell me if this was helpful.

Thanks for reading.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-unsync-skype-on-xp-computer.1086019/
Relevancy 40.85%

A friend of ours was on skype and all of a sudden lost on while Lost internet SKYPE! Solved: all internet connectivity ISP came out and replaced her modem but still couldn t get online Said her problem was with her computer and he left Her modem is a ARRIS TG The ethernet light on modem continues to blink constantly All other lights are bright green and on Went into device manager and it showed her network adapter with no yellow or red symbols Solved: Lost internet while on SKYPE! I tried a driver update by right clicking-update driver software Went into cmd and was able to ping loopback address all packets sent and received I am not at her house right now so I can t post ipconfig all results but it showed the APIPA address of DHCP is enabled Autoconfiguration is enabled Default Gateway is showing nothing Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ip reset reset log Reset Winsock entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog Rebooted machine with same results blinking ethernet light on modem This computer has Windows Vista on it and has SP installed Also tried resetting modem by unplugging power and turning off modem wait sec and plugged back in and turned on modem Still blinking ethernet light on modem Tried new cable from modem to ethernet port on computer but same results Could the network integrated card still be bad even though it pings the loopback address fine Tried pinging www google com but did not recognize TCP IP is set to obtain DHCP automatically and so is DNS This is a Compaq desktop computer that is only yrs old I also tried sfc scannow check the drive for errors Can t think of anything else to do Can anyone help me with this She is going to call ISP today and see if the modem checks out okay on there end Haven t heard from that yet nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Windows Audio Skype Problem SOLVED ... Machine spec in system spec on the left over lt --- there I have no quot sounds quot in Skype I hear no ringtone when calling someone no ringing when someone calls me no annoying sounds when Skype starts with Window that to me is fine and no other Skype interactive sounds at all I can use test sounds and I hear them I have no problems with the audio once connect to the person I called or who called me when I notice that they are calling via the icon animation or I see I missed yet another call My audio works Skype Audio Problem ... SOLVED perfectly with ANY other device including my webcam speakers amp headset I can play CDs DVDs Videos with no adverse effect to audio I have searched till I m blue in the face or that may just be my Man Flu but I cannot find any relevant cure for this Win Skype conundrum I do NOT have a Microsoft Skype onedrive anysighuphere crap whatsoever I used my original Skype settings to log on It worked on any other MS Windows before Win I have uninstalled reinstalled any and all relevant quot drivers quot amp software I have ventured into Task Mangler Services Windows Audio and had a mess-about with the startup I give up Over to you good folks maybe someone out there could point me to a solution to this annoyance nbsp

A:Skype Audio Problem ... SOLVED

Hmmmm... mebbe:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windo...k-in-windows-10-Skype-for-winows/td-p/4328246

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/skype-audio-problem-solved.4070345/
Relevancy 40.85%

Skype is causing a BSoD with the MULTIPLE-IRP-COMPLETE-REQUESTS error line. It only happens when i end the call on my line, if in a conversation with somebody else who ends the call, it doesn't replicate. This happens every single time i've hung up.

I've already removed LogMeInHamachi and the associated network adaptor, and it's still happening. (I had the version before they hotfixed it and after doing some research saw it could be the problem)

Minidump files included

A:[SOLVED] Skype causing BSoD

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Is Skype the only problem here for a BSOD?

Please try to uninstall Skype by using this program here:

Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily, Forced Uninstall, Leftovers Uninstaller

Allow it to run the normal uninstaller then their normal scan. Make sure to select all of the boxes and press delete.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-skype-causing-bsod-853346.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I recently installed Skype (3.8). I then restarted my computer. After about a minute, my computer freezed up. The only way I could get out of this, is by physically holding the power button until the computer turns off. Everytime I login my computer freezes up again. I looked it up on the internet and it looks like a lot of people are having the problem with Skype and Vista. There aren't any answers out there. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thank You

Things I have already tried:
1. Run in Safe Mode and uninstall Skype
2. System Restore (in safe mode)
3. Last Known Good Configuration (during boot)
4. Doing following commands using Admin account in Safe Mode:
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\vbscript.dll
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll

Side Note: This also messed up Firefox. I will try to post details about what happened to Firefox.

A:Solved: Vista keeps Freezing (Skype 3.8)

Here is how I fixed it:

Download the same exact installation for Skype and then right click and select "Run as Administrator." Now go through the entire setup. Then restart the computer and then use Control Panel to remove Skype. Restart one more time and the problem should be gone!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-keeps-freezing-skype-3-8.758041/
Relevancy 40.85%

It is more than annoying that Skype takes all my phone numbers in my address book and on anything on my PC Can't XP unsync Skype computer Solved: on that appears in phone number format and converts it to a Skype Solved: Can't unsync Skype on XP computer link I did not authorize this and Solved: Can't unsync Skype on XP computer it s ridiculous because if you are not careful when looking to copy a phone number you have to wait for Skype to load as it connects the link and waste your time I went to the pathetic quot support forums quot on Skype where you can t find anything useful and Skype has no actual legitimate customer support All I want to do is unsync Skype from my phone numbers on my pc but there doesn t appear any obvious way of doing this other than to uninstall Skype which I might do because I quot m disgusted with them I m sure there s some cookie lurking on my computer somewhere in a Skype folder that is the culprit and needs to be deleted but I don t see where nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I have a new Zoostorm PC with windows 7 and have been installing Skype with new speakers and camera with inbuilt microphone , when I test my microphone on Skype I can hear my voice only faintly , but the sound is fine for all other applications. The camera with in-built microphone worked well on my old pc with windows xp and the speakers work fine on new PC but I have the tried different setting for call ,sound and audio connections without any improvement , my camera connection is via the pink jack point on rear of PC and I have tried other jack points but I hear nothing at all then. My webcam is a sogatell which it says is OK for windows 7. Any thoughts please??

A:Solved: Skype Microphone problem.

The camera itself cannot be connected in the pink coloured microphone input jack on the sound card/Integrated sound
That is for the mic only
I know you say you have tried call sound and audio connections but have you checked the computer settings as against the SKYPE settings
Connect the webcam’s microphone jack to the microphone socket of the computer (usually pink).

Open your Control Panel from the Start Menu and select the Hardware and Sound panel.

Click Manage Audio Devices and then the Recording tab along the top of the settings window which appears.

Make sure that the correct port is selected as the default device under Recording, and then click OK to save your changes.

If the microphone is too quiet or too loud, you can go back to the same screen and select Properties to adjust the

Levels. Make sure that the microphone is not muted

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype-microphone-problem.1136219/
Relevancy 40.85%

My friends and I like using Skype as a means to communicate when we start up a game of Civilizations, for example. Though now unless I want to buy Skype premium I can't add more than two people to the conference. Are there any programs that are similar in nature to Skype, but possible more tuned towards gamer use on a PC running Windows 7? Or even one that just simply eats up less bandwidth would be great. Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 40.42%

I recently did an unusually long Windows update that took about an hour in total, and once my computer was running again, Windows gadgets said "Windows Desktop Gadgets has stopped working" and then I tried to open Skype which also said "Skype has stopped working". I tried updating Java, a second Windows update, uninstalling and reinstalling Skype, advanced uninstalling Skype and reinstalling, but nothing I'm doing seems to be having any effect. I'm completely out of ideas, and was hoping someone could help me to solve this?

A:After Windows update Skype and Windows Desktop Gadgets no longer run.

Bump. This is at 100 views with no one offering any advice. I'm really stuck here, I've exhausted everything that I know how to do to fix faulty computers. I would really appreciate any advice. Thank you in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/283573-after-windows-update-skype-windows-desktop-gadgets-no-longer-run.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I would like to know if there is a way to set Windows 98 to open a window in the full screen size. Can one set the default size to full screen?

My computer always opens a window in small size, meaning that I have to use extra mouse click to maximize the window.

Thanks for any tip on this...

Relevancy 40.42%

I have a program called Tally installed, its a financial s/w
It runs on DOS and was working perfectly until two days back,
Now, whenever I try to use it, it starts and then hangs up, when I click on the program window, Vista reports an error, that NTVDM.EXE has stopped working and I click on close the program...
I dont know what made it stop working, when it was fine just a day earlier...
I need this program to run, as it contains my critical financial data, which I immediately need...
I have checked everything as far as I could... and the DOS window opens up fine without any problems...
Pls help as soon as u can
thank u.

A:[SOLVED] Running a Dos program from Windows Vista

requesting urgent help for this one guys :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-running-a-dos-program-from-windows-vista-363833.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Wondering if anyone knows this program and if it is an ok program to use or not. I had not seen it before and my nieghbor asked me if it was ok and I said I would try to find out. Here is the program

Advanced WindowsCare Personal 2.3

Anyone use it before or heard anything bad about it??
It says the personal one is free and you have to by the pro one

and also a program called dial a fix from major geeks says it fixes multiple problems small ones with like windows installer or vb6 files etc.

A:Solved: Windows XP Home SP2- Just need some advice on a program-ok or not ok

I stay clear of "1 click" type programs, this link helped me:

http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/528227-solved-registry-programs.html

See what you think ...
Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-home-sp2-just-need-some-advice-on-a-program-ok-or-not-ok.533242/
Relevancy 40.42%

I was running registry repair and windows 7 ultimate 32 stops me from doing other things. The window just freezes but the hard drive is still going, because the red light is on indicating that a program is running. Can I run an exe program in the back ground while doing other things on my desktop and how.

A:[SOLVED] windows 7 stops all other activities when I run a program sometimes.

Please explai in more detail exactly
The programs involved.

While changing the registry Windows WILL stop other things from occuring so that it can track the changes.

Registry Cleaners are a VERY BAD thing and not needed on newer versions of windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-stops-all-other-activities-when-i-run-a-program-sometimes-479766.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi People,

I'm having the WORST time starting Firefox in the last several days. Its taken me about 15-20 minutes to just launch it and when it does launch it crashes. In this latest episode I've had to restart Win7 three times just to get FF to open. In the meantime I can launch Explorer easily.

What's going on? Is Microsoft up to its old 'Browser-War' tricks again, like it did with Netscape?

Relevancy 40.42%

Since the last Windows update, I get this message each time I turn the laptop on -

I tried to roll the update back with System Restore but got this error message -

I use AVG as my antivirus program, which does actually turn on. I do not use Windows Defender. How do I stop the Windows Defender message popping up? Any help appreciated.

Relevancy 40.42%

I think I did something dumb. In an attempt to free up more space on an HP notebook which has recently been running very slowly I initiated compression of most folders on the computer. I'm sensing now that wasn't very smart. Besides, didn't give me much additional space. I've been uncompressing all of it for several hours now and I hope I can get it back to its normal, but slow state.

If I succed I may try some of the ideas I've seen in other posts about diagnosing with HJT and combofix that Cybertech talked about (12-Aug-2007 11:36 AM post).

It's running XPSP2, 30GB HD with <3GB remaining. Don't know ram on the notebook but I'm guessing it is still adequate. Pentium III I believe.

Pete

A:Solved: Program and Windows folder compression

Might try the suggestion made here: http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1186950594

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-program-and-windows-folder-compression.608958/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi This happened on a Windows operating system My boyfriend was trying to watch a movie on his laptop which he downloaded when he first watched it it worked perfectly normal on VLC player Earlier he tried watching it again but it wouldn t open up on VLC or WMP He did something on the laptop which caused all the programs on there like Skype Msn Messenger Yahoo Messenger The Sims and Google Chrome to be VLC files When he opened Google Chrome Media is program Windows Solved: Every to set Player... it opened like VLC He tried to open the movie file on WMP but Solved: Every program is set to Windows Media Player... it then changed all the programs to WMP I have not a clue how to change this so all the programs are the normal ones again This website is all I could think of using at this time of the day If no one can help then we ll be going to PC World Curry s later on today so they can have a look at it Please help if you can Many thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Every program is set to Windows Media Player...

Try a Windows System Restore which is explained here> http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/700-system-restore.html

This puts the system back in time, just as it was for example....yesterday, day before, week back, and so on
This does not affect your files, documents, etc as long as they are in the right places....

You may need your Windows 7 DVD or possibly, you have or can create a Windows 7 System Repair Disc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-every-program-is-set-to-windows-media-player.1054640/