Windows Support Forum

DVDR replacement not seen by laptop

Q: DVDR replacement not seen by laptop

I purchased a replacement DVD R/W for my Dell Inspiron E1505. When I start up the computer the light comes on the drive and I am able to open the drive by pushing the button on the drive. my problem is the drive does not show up on "my computer" nor in the device manager. I updated my BIOS from the Dell website but that did not fix the problem.
The seller said he tested the drive on laptop the same model as min and that it worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: DVDR replacement not seen by laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: DVDR replacement not seen by laptop

The optical drive may be defective. Return it for another...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvdr-replacement-not-seen-by-laptop.170051/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am trying to find out how to determine if there is an alternative to this part (a000295340) for my L55t-B5278 Toshiba Laptop. Its the LCD lid/case/clamshell cover. The part # is for a silver covered lid. I don't care if the replacement is black I just need it to be compatible. I have no idea how to find out if there is an alternative to the silver or how to determine if its compatible.

Of course in a perfect world I would just go with the original silver but the only ones i can find are $140 (YIKES!).

A:Laptop LCD Lid Replacement HELP

Have a look in here...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_BI...

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3129156/laptop-lcd-lid-replacement.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a 5 year old laptop, hp dv6 2170 ep which has a i5 520m, i was wondering if I could make an upgrade to an i7. Both are socketed cpus but i'm not sure if bios could accept this upgrade. I have a i7 820qm in mind that i found in aliexpress for 65 dollars. Is this upgrade possible?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-CPU-replacement/td-p/5757902
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys,
My mom recently went away and I realized her laptop HD was failing (the msg would come up everytime you start the comp). Long story short I got a version of Windows 7 and burned it to a DVD+R BOOTABLE DVD. SO i COnnected her new Hard drive and there is nothing on it so I figured that a bootable windows 7 CD+R would help install the new copy of windows on the new hard drive. All it does it make some noises like its trying to run the DVD and then says please insert bootable disk once again. It is a bootable disk i thought? I used powerISO burned windows 7 to DVD+R disk but still will not install windows on the fresh HD. Help? I think? Idk what else to do.

A:HP laptop New HD Replacement HELP!

It would be best to get a machine specific disk to re-install Windows on that machine, if you call HP they can supply it for you. Sometimes for a nominal fee.

If the machine has a Windows serial number on a sticker on the underside you could use a standard Windows image, but you will have to search for your drivers from the HP website.

Make sure you are creating a disk with your ISO image, not copying the data to disk. They are very different functions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611887/hp-laptop-new-hd-replacement-help/
Relevancy 45.15%

I hope this is the right forum. Does anyone know or know where I can find out what motherboards are interchangeable with the 900mhz HP Pavilion n5415 laptop? Or does it have to be an exact replacement?

A:Laptop MB Replacement

Exact replacement. Laptops are specific to each model in this regard.

Could be an uneconomic outcome for a laptop of that age?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-mb-replacement.387360/
Relevancy 45.15%

I would like to improve my Lenovo 3000 series storage capacity while keeping it fully mobile. Thus I'm
researching for a hasle free HD replacement. The choose of my election is Toshiba new HD MK7559GSXP.
The current HD is Toshiba MK1234GSX.
Both are of exactly external dimensions. The difference, to my humble knowledge is the INTERFACE:
The old one's ATA 7; the new one's ATA 8. Does it matters?

Can someone out there be of any help?

Thanks

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi

For those of you who work/have worked in tech shops or have had a similar situation, how much would it cost to have a replacement laptop screen installed.

I already have the replacement screen and just need it installed.

Thanks,
Kevin

A:Laptop LCD Replacement

If I remember correctly, about $350-400 including the screen itself.
So reckon about 100-150 for labour.
Get a good set of screwdrivers and DIY. It's not THAT hard!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-lcd-replacement.32665/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi everyone!

I have an Hp zv5000. The hard-drive needs to be replaced, however, I know NOTHING about a laptop HD so I am now asking for help. How do you shop for laptop hard drives? Are they all standard like a desktops? Do certain brands work with certain models? Are the hook-ups (Pin Count) the same? Thanks for your help!

--Daniel L

A:Laptop HD Replacement

laptop hard drives fit in a caddy. You will need to power down your laptop, and unscrew the the caddy from the case. gently remove the caddy with the HD on it. Some makers like Toshiba also have an adapter that plugs into the pins on a hd. IF so, gently remove it. You will need it later.

When shopping for HDs for a laptop, speed is important. Most HDs on laptops are unbearably slow. Get a 7200 speed or faster. you will need to specifically shop for a LAPTOP HDs. Note the Size of your HD. Generally they're 2.5 in physical size.

the next important consideration is capacity. Since few laptops allow more than 1 internal HD, get a big HD. You can later partition this drive into small partitions if need be.

Faster hard drives also improve battery life when using batteries. Since they read faster, they access less thereby using less juice. You won't notice much of an improvement, but there is a tad improvement. To really boost battery life and performance overall, add RAM instead.

Generally you shouldn't have any issues with 3rd party brands, just remember, you will need to connect the adapter (if any) and the tray onto your new hard drive before sliding the tray and re-screwing it back in.

Once you have completed this operation, format and install your OS and files as normal.

There are some laptop hard drive makers that have converter kits. You basically clone your OS and files to your new HD before installing the HD. You then can use your old HD as an external, spare drive. These are nifty and I have one.

Ensure when you slide the caddy with your new HD into the computer to do it gently and not to bend the pins. USE the adapter if it has one. If you don't it won't work and in the worse case sceario, you'll bend or break your pins on your new HD. very bad.

good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-hd-replacement.70311/
Relevancy 45.15%

I got my problem identified as a bad CPU on my laptop but couldn't get help on how easy of a fix it will be. So I was suggested to start a thread here. I have never replaced the CPU on a laptop so I need to know what information somebody that can help will need to push me further on in my quest.

A:CPU replacement on a laptop

Hi there
While some things on a laptop are usually pretty easy to change -- for example swapping the HDD for an SSD , changing the keyboard (tricky but usually do-able) or adding more RAM - or even on an OLDER laptop changing the DVD device, I'd really leave this operation to a local repairer -- look in your equivalent of the ONLINE "Yellow pages" for these sorts of trades people. You would probably need to remove the motherboard which is a fairly NON TRIVIAL task on most laptops.

I've opened enough computers in my time -- and I've learned when to leave well alone - you might also need some specialized tools for this job too.

Note also just swapping the CPU for a faster one won't necessarily bring better results. Things like Internal Bus speed will limit the improvement - so just replacing an i5 with an i7 won't necessarily give you what you expect (apart from more heat and higher power consumption. - On almost ANY conceiveable laptop from a Netbook upwards the BEST performance you can get --always assuming there is sufficient RAM in the computer is to fit an SSD. !!)

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/327958-cpu-replacement-laptop.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Seagate 320mb drive died so it needs to be replaced.  my original reciovery disks are for Windows 7 64 bit but I already upgraded to Windows 10 prior to the issue.  I purchaed a SSD (480mb) to replace this drive but I didn't know the exact process to replace and reload back to the original configuration (not converned about losing personal pictures as they were backed up prior to the crash. Can anyone expain to me how I adjust the BIOS to recognize the SSD and then reload using my recovery CDs?  I really didn't want to restore Windows 7 but I didn't make recovery disks after I upgraded to Windows 10. Appreciate anyone's help.

A:G42 Laptop HD Replacement

JKBlair You don't have to do anything special for the laptop to see the SSD -- just connect it in place of the HDD. Then, insert the first of the recovery disks into the DVD drive, close the drive door, and boot the PC. It should then present instructions for doing the restore. Since you are using recovery media, that should automatically reactivate Win7 one the restore is done and you connect again to the Internet. Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/G42-Laptop-HD-Replacement/td-p/5685702
Relevancy 45.15%

I use a Pavilion dm4-3050us for work in customers homes.I like it because it has a small screen, battery last 6 hours and it is very light &portable.I want to know what is the closes laptop to this presently in the line. Thank You

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Replacement-Laptop/td-p/5719858
Relevancy 45.15%

Best method and equipment required

Is Pioneer ao5 ok

capture card ?

AMD 2000
512 RAM
GE2 TI G/Card 128
Thanks

GAN

A:VCR to DVDR

Go to this link and it will tell you all you need to know about capturing video

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/capture

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vcr-to-dvdr.122729/
Relevancy 45.15%

I'd like to make a playable recording of songs I've purchased online through iTunes. I have both: CD-R 52x 700 MB, and also DVD-R 16x 4.7GB.
When I use the CD-R it showed a pop up sayingiit would take more than one CD to record the music. When I put in the DVD-R it asked if I want to use a disc that is primarily for "Data". I know the DVD-R has the space to store the 30 songs I have bought, but I don't know if it is OK to use for music. Please someone, let me know if I can use the DVD-R to make a music recording I can enjoy in my car and other places. I already have it on my ipod, but I don't want earphones hanging out of my ears when I'm driving, I'd like it in my CD player.

Relevancy 44.72%

I need a new battery or charger for toshiba laptop A105-S2101. The battery is a PA3451U-1BRS and its a DC 14.4v 2000mah.

Well first off the battery wont hold or take a charge. Everytime I unplug it from the wall the laptop goes off too. The lights do come on the laptop showing that its charging.

2nd thing is does voltage matter on battery replacement? I cant find 14.4 replacement thats cheap. All ones I find 10.? volt with 4000-4400mah on ebay.

A:Laptop battery replacement

You need to use the same battery, and the same charger voltages. High capacity batteries usually have a higher mah figure, but I would replace them like for like.

Batteries are never cheap, and they do wear out - some faster than others, but eventually they all die and stop holding charge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-battery-replacement.160084/
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm trying to work on solutions for a friend with a Toshiba A15 S127. The display has gone dark. I believe it is the backlight that has gone out since I can vaguely see the desktop when I shine a light on it and the funtion-f7 didn't make it brighter.

I have two concerns regarding purchasing a replacement display.

1) Is it relatively straight forward to replace. I have cracked the case on an old Thinkpad and a Mac laptop so I don't mind trying, I just want to understand the risks first.

2) Several online articles indicate that the inverter may also be the cause of this problem. Is the inverter part of the replacement display or part of the main casing internals? I hate to spend to much on a display only to find I have to spend more on an inverter or have I got this pattern backwards.

TIA

A:laptop display replacement

Could be either the inverter or the backlight, no easy way to tell except by replacement. That often means its cheaper to have it done in a shop, rather than buy both parts.

Grtting the laptop apart can be a problem unless you follow the disassembly instructions (if you can get them), but having it still work when reassembled is even more rare...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-display-replacement.725238/
Relevancy 44.72%

ok so i had a samsung laptop die, so i removed my SSD, sent laptop back recieved the replacement.
i put my SSD in the laptop but it will not read my SSD at all, it just goes straight to bios.
same laptop so everything should work since the drivers will be for the same hardware..

I hooked up my SSD as a external to another pc which reads it fine so SSD is fine, not sure why it wont boot with the SSD? or read it.

SAMSUNG Series 3 NP350V5C-T02US
SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD250BW 2.5" 250GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

A:How do i get my SSD to work in my replacement laptop?

Quote: Originally Posted by skuzzzzy

ok so i had a samsung laptop die, so i removed my SSD, sent laptop back recieved the replacement.
i put my SSD in the laptop but it will not read my SSD at all, it just goes straight to bios.
same laptop so everything should work since the drivers will be for the same hardware..

I hooked up my SSD as a external to another pc which reads it fine so SSD is fine, not sure why it wont boot with the SSD? or read it.

SAMSUNG Series 3 NP350V5C-T02US
SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD250BW 2.5" 250GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

You didn't boot the other PC I am guessing. = The SSD has different drivers than is required in the replacement PC. This tutorial should get your PC going again. Windows 7 Installation - Transfer to a New Computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/327109-how-do-i-get-my-ssd-work-my-replacement-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My old adapter has broken, it came with my laptop, my question is Can my replacement can I deviate in voltage/ amps from the one it game with (within reason, i'm not going to put 1000v of p.d though my laptop, just wondering if i can get an 18v one as apposed to a 20v one).

A:Laptop ac adapter replacement

If you buy a quality universal laptop power adapter, you should be okay.

------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-ac-adapter-replacement.944730/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, I'm trying to replace a busted lcd screen for a Compaq Presario CQ60. It seems there are more than one possiblities for this part. Could someone point me in the right direction? Here are the specs I have so far.

Computer:
Compaq Presario CQ60
s/n 4CB927HKVW

Screen:
15.6 "
Model No. B156XW02 V.0

Connector bottom right
No webcam

Thanks

Relevancy 44.72%

For two weeks now when I turn on my computer it hasn't been able to start up. When I turn it on, the screen is black with white letters at the top which say that the battery may need to be replaced. The warranty for my computer is expired, and even if it wasn't I don't have the number which I would need to call to order a spare. That being the case, does anyone know where I should go, look, or call in order to buy a replacement battery for an HP Pavilion Entertainment PC, model number:dv6-1030us?

Relevancy 44.72%

How do you replace an intergrated modem on a HP pavilion notebook? Thanks.

A:Laptop modem replacement

Hi Roho,

Intergrated means its part of the motherboard. So you would then have to replace the entire motherboard. Its cheaper and easier to just buy a PCMCIA modem and disable the intergrated one.

Paul V

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-modem-replacement.140664/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Toshiba laptop - a Satellite A -S model replacement to it the Fan laptop does model? same for be - have It s an older laptop so the fan I want to replace is hard to find and expensive Is there any way a different model fan could be used in its place Perhaps just an A without having to match teh S part Or even a non-Toshiba fan altogether Problem is that although the computer starts up fine after a few moments it shuts down My sources tell me that it s almost certainly a fan issue that to keep it from overheating it just shuts it down I ve seen the Youtube videos of what it takes to replace the thing and I m not confident enough in myself Fan replacement for laptop - does it have to be the same model? to take the entire computer apart to swap it out But I don t want to pay full retail for a fan either that a repairman will charge So I thought I see if I could just buy the fan myself at the cheapest rate then get a repair guy to swap it out with me only paying a labor charge Btw what kind of rate would I expect to pay for a laptop fan replacement I have no idea nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello!
I've got my old Compaq Armada M700 Laptop and the battery is totally shot, so I figured it's time to get a new one.
However, I'm a bit weary about buying a new one, I dont want to get stuck with a bad one. Has anyone else ever bought a battery for this laptop? If so, could you tell me where you got it from?
I've seen a lot on Amazon.com but none have reviews, and I don't take that as a good sign. I take it I'd only want new instead of used right?

Here's my hardware specs, if it matters:
700mhz P3
8MB ATI Rage Mobility
XP Pro
80GB 5400RPM HD
DVD-R
I also use a Linksys wireless card

A:Replacement laptop battery....

If a battery is legit it's going to come with a warranty and therefore even if it fails the warranty will allow a replacement unless of course you abuse it but I haven't had any problems with my laptops batteries. I don't run the same system but most laptop batteries warranties are about the same.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacement-laptop-battery.635228/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys & gals,

Someone brought me a Dell Inspirion 1150 and it looks as if the HD is shot. (I reinserted the HD several times and it still would not recognize it) The HD is an Hitachi 08K0851 with UDMA 100. Does the replacement drive have to be UDMA100 ? ATA or IDE won't work ? I'm just looking for suitable replacement.
Thanks,
PostalBound

A:Dell Laptop HD Replacement

That appears to be a bog standard 2.5" ATA 100 IDE drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-hd-replacement.522542/
Relevancy 44.72%

On my taskbar I have a message saying that a replacement battery is needed. My computer is so very slow and I am curious if this is the reason for the slowness? I haveto use the computer with it plugged in at all times otherwise I will lose power within 8 minutes.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/hp-laptop-needs-a-replacement-battery.312299/
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently built myself an intel sp-15 uma barebone laptop which all went very well and I recommend it for anyone who has had experience building desktops. The problem is I cracked the led screen that came with it. I ordered a replacement screen from screencountry.com and they sent me a samsung as opposed to a chi mei, which should be compatible. The problem now is that there doesnt seem to be any power getting to the LED backlight. I tested it with the cracked screen as well, and its backlight didn't work either. There is a very faint image of whatever is on the screen, so the video card is working properly.

What should I do? Is there something i could fix? a place i could send it to that would cost less than $400 to fix? I'd prefer to fix it on my own.

Thanks,
Joe

A:Replacement laptop screen is much too dim

You may just need to replace the inverter:

http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2007/01/31/replace-screen-inverter-fix-backlight/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacement-laptop-screen-is-much-too-dim.947516/
Relevancy 44.72%

HP ENVY 17-j010tx Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)I cannot a replacement battery in AustraliaCompanies who say they can do, are asking for an extra $250.00 in handling costs. 4 plus weeks for delivery!

A:laptop battery replacement

The following link to a source for a replacement batteryfor your notebook in Australia quotes $95.00 Australian dollars. http://www.laptopplus.com.au/Compaq-HP/Envy/17-J010TX-Laptop-Battery.aspx?prodid=1961&modelid=569241...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/laptop-battery-replacement/td-p/5681872
Relevancy 44.72%

I installed a new replacement battery(MU06XL) in my laptop. Nothing happened. Does it need to be charged first? Or was it supposed to be charged when I received it?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-Battery-Replacement/td-p/5826088
Relevancy 44.72%

I have 2 laptops-

Lenovo V570
HP Pavilion DV4T-1400

Lenovo V570 - Its not booting up. I tried Lenovo Bootable Diagnostic USB Tool. And ran all the scans. It showed FAN not available (it seems FAN is working fine as I can feel the air from the side & the laptop is not heating too) & bad sectors in HDD.
I am thinking of replacing the HDD with HP laptop HDD to see if Lenovo boots fine. Can I do this & any harm to HP HDD or the data on HDD doing this?
I dont know much about hardware. Can anyone tell me if both the laptop has same type HDD & the replacement can be tried?

A:Laptop HDD Replacement Info/Help

Laptop HDD's are 2.5" sizes, so they will work on any other laptop as they are all 2.5" and SATA.
You can put the faulty hard drive into a 2.5" USB enclosure to connect it to your HP laptop to access/backup the data.

If the Lenovo does not boot up and there are bad sectors it's probably a failing hard drive which is the problem, not the motherboard.

That said, yes you can put the HP hard drive into the Lenovo, just make sure the SATA connections are firm.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/laptop-hdd-replacement-info-help.52649/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, my sister recently cracked the screen on her laptop, a Fujitsu-Siemens L1310G. I'm looking for a replacement screen to install, which looks easy enough. But I need so help understand exactly which screen I should be buying as a replacement. The manual lists the following specifications for the existing damaged screen:

Panel size: 15.4" TFT WXGA, 1280x800 pixels

Will any screen that matches these specifications work? Or do I need to find any other specification details?

Thanks

EDIT:for spelling

A:Replacement Laptop Screen

Go here:

http://axofiber.no-ip.org/inside/notebook.lcd.panels.en.htm#_CLAA154WA01

Scroll down to: Amilo L1310G CLAA154WA01 (CPT TFT)

click that and at top of page is info

gl

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-laptop-screen.78089/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,I have a hp laptop but accidently my HP laptop screen got broken. Now, my laptop's warrenty in expired. Can you help me with the proper guidence for my HP laptop screen replacement. Thanks in advance. 

A:Laptop Screen Replacement

Need the full model number. There are lots of x360s including ones with different sized screens. Touchscreen? Post back if you need help with that: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00033108

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-Screen-Replacement/td-p/5840643
Relevancy 44.72%

How difficult or tricky is it to replace the harddrive and battery on a Gateway laptop? It looks as though the components should swap out fairly easily but are there problems I should look out for? This is a Gateway model 400VTX. Thank for any help!

Relevancy 44.72%

Toshiba Satellite Laptop
#P105-S6004
17" WXGA+ TruBrite 1440x900 R (Glossy)
SP Media Center Edition Ver. 2002
XP Pro Service Pack 3
Intel T1300 @ 1.66 GHZ
0.99 GB Memory

Vertical mulitcolored lines across the screen. Hooked it up to my screen, no lines...researched it...there is a problem with these screens and warranty will replace for free, but warranty is expired. Question is..

Is it a problem with the screen itself or the inverter? Or do i replace both possibly?

How do you know whether or not its your inverter or the screen itself...

Relevancy 44.72%

Is it easy to replace a motherboard in a pc

A:Motherboard replacement in my laptop

In a PC? Yes. In a Laptop? No, unless you have experience. Most times you would be stuck replacing it with an exact duplicate of what you have now. Cases may look the same but on closer look there are differences in the cases according to model, and the cases are pretty much designed to have a particular motherboard installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-replacement-in-my-laptop.820492/
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently cracked the LCD on my Asus M50Vm version B4 laptop. Other than not being able to see the the damaged area of the monitor, it works fine. I purchased a replacement, being careful to match the specs: WXGA+, 1440 X 900, CCFL, 30-pin, 15.4". The replacement monitor was correctly installed, but it was completely blank. I returned that one, and purchased another from a different supplier - same thing, but the image was ever-so-slightly visible - (often a symptom of a bad inverter I believe). I re-installed the cracked LCD, and again, aside from the damaged area, it works fine.

So what's up? Did I manage to buy 2 DOA LCD's, or LCD's that fit but with the wrong specs? Or could this be indicative of some strange inverter issue?

Thanks!

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi!

Can I use a different Asus model LCD screen or do I have to get
replace with the same model?

And could someone kindly tell me where I could source a second hand one
Thanks.

A:Replacement LCD Laptop screen

Usually,you would need to stay with the same type.
Would be helpful if you had a part number,as I believe
asus laptop parts are made by someone else.
I have seen a lot of LCD screens on Ebay.
Might do a search there for your models screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacement-lcd-laptop-screen.729026/
Relevancy 44.72%

The hard drive in my Toshiba laptop is reported to be failing. Can I replace Toshiba MK 5065GSXN ATA with a SATA drive?

Relevancy 44.72%

I am owning one dell inspiron laptop I had a problem with my laptop LCD dead pixel and it My Reg: replacement panel Laptop LCD got replaced with some refurbished panel just before months after one month of replacement the screen started to show some problem flickering freezing again I raised service request this time I asked them to replace a my own lcd panel after serviced as per the technical Reg: My Laptop LCD panel replacement support they are ready to replace the part with another refurbished one they can t replace it my original panel or new one which I didn t ask reasons they are saying is like my laptop is old so Dell policy not supports to replace a New Panel to it OK no problem what I am asking is to get me the original part of my laptop after serviced There will be no age problem or dell policy issue Because I know how much I cared my laptop And I don rsquo t want someone rsquo s unknown parts that too after refurbished state Get my laptop rsquo s own part after Reg: My Laptop LCD panel replacement serviced Because as you see after fixing a refurbished part it is not even passed at Reg: My Laptop LCD panel replacement least a month most common warranty period then how much I can blindly trust it again This is my personal laptop So I don rsquo t plan to spend another big amount just after the warranty period expires I have more months remaining my warranty with Accidental cover insurance nbsp nbsp Location Coimbatore India Laptop Model Inspiron

A:Reg: My Laptop LCD panel replacement

When I had this same issue in the past it had to do with the inverter board going bad and not the screen itself.  Problem is getting a tech to understand your issue well enough to find the actual problem.  The main issue is when the screen is replaced the board is re-seated it buys a little time where it seems to work again :/.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19989958
Relevancy 44.72%

I've heard that you can replace videocards on larger laptops, i've got a sager with a d900k motherboard and i'm wondering just how difficult is the install? is it as easy as in a desktop?

A:Laptop videocard replacement

What model number is your laptop?
Generally speaking, VGA card replacement in laptops is not practical unless this thing is designed that way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-videocard-replacement.91966/
Relevancy 44.72%

Has anyone here tried replacing the wireless card in their laptop with an 802.11n model? One fly in the ointment is that the laptop only has two antenna connections, and the 'n' card has three antennas. I see varying reports around the web of how this will effect the function of the card. Some say it'll still be better than an 802.11g card, others are not so sure.

It appears that the proper mini-PCI Express card is available, so it's really down to how effective the thing will be with two antennas vs. the three it should have. I have not found any 'n' mini-PCI Express cards with two antenna connections, though I have a D-Link 802.11n router that only has two.

Obviously, I don't want to spend $60 for the card if it's not going to be satisfactory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/802-11n-card-laptop-replacement.661536/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey Guys, just trying to get some info.

I need to change a HDD in a Vaio VGN-N130G

The system came originally with a 80GB with a 1.6GHz processor

I ve narrowed down the HDD to the following 2: ( to be honest mostly due to budged restraints!!)

Western Digital Scorpio Blue (WD1600BEVT) 160GB SATA 5400 RPM 8MB or

Seagate ST980813ASG Momentus 7200.2 Mobile Hard Drive - 80GB, 2.5", 7200RPM, 8MB, SATA-300

Now space considerations wise...I believe an 80GB would serve the purpose of the use of the computer more than adequately.....if so would u say the performance benefits of the seagate being a 7200rpm drive would be more advantageous...

or would the 7200 be more of a drain or create issues with cooling, resources etc..

many thanks for your time and view points on the issue..

A:Laptop HDD Replacement Choice

if space isn't an issue i'd go with the 7200RPM drive. you'll get a slightly noticeable performance boost. and in the future if you need more space the cost of external drives is dropping pretty quicly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/28638-laptop-hdd-replacement-choice.html
Relevancy 44.29%

hi im having trouble copying my dvdr movie that was given to me by my church and im trying to make copies for them. I downloaded hand brake on my system and im trying to downloaded nothing. only thing pops up F:\VIDEO_TS can some help me on handbrake?

A:Need help w/my copying my dvdr into another dvr

Hello go to My Computer, right-click your F:\ Drive which I am assuming is your DVD/CD Drive. Click Open, do you see an AUDIO_TS folder and a VIDEO_TS folder?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-help-w-my-copying-my-dvdr-into-another-dvr-581095.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Well my Plextor PX-712A seems to have died. I posted another thread about it not wanted to read DVD's. I tried reseating the SATA cord and now it won't even turn on. Everything else is running fine. Soooo, anyone have any ideas on what brand/model burner to buy? Is it worth buying an SATA drive or stick with IDE?
PS. The old drive is purchased 11/04.....

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello Just wondering if anyone can help with this A friend is having serious problems with reading and writing DVD's on his pc He is suffering other side effects however this problems Log DVDR HJT - is the worst and most frequent problem He is running XP professional AVG and I think just the SP firewall AVG keeps bringing up 'autoupdate exe' as a problem but we can not seem to remove it Anyway have run HJT and the report is as follows any help would be gratefully received Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP DVDR problems - HJT Log Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC WINDOWS system RunDll DVDR problems - HJT Log exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files D-Tools daemon exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD USISrv exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files Lexmark series lxbtbmgr exeC WINDOWS system halfg exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC WINDOWS system gpevc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXEC Program Files Lexmark series lxbtbmon exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC Program Files One Care bin mpbtn exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC Program Files One Care bin mad exeC PROGRA Motive Common MOTIVE EXEC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files CxtPls CxtPls exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeC DOCUME family LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www onetel netR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www onetel net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www wanadoo co uk R - Default URLSearchHook is missingO - BHO no name - BE- D - CEB-ADD -E A D - C Program Files CxtPls cxtpls dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS SiSUSBrg exeO - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWndO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot iconO - HKLM Run Win Usb Driver svhosint exeO - HKLM Run Printer C dipset exeO - HKLM Run MSN msnmesengers exeO - HKLM Run Windows Compliant extebc exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXEO - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run USIUDF Eject Monitor C Program Files Commo... Read more

A:DVDR problems - HJT Log

Hello Exeter J and welcome to the BC forums. After reviewing your log I see a few items that require our attention. Please print these directions and then proceed with the following steps in order.Step #1Download CCleaner and install it but do not run it yet.ImportantYour copy of HijackThis needs to be in a folder of it's own. If it is run from Temporary folders the backups and HijackThis itself could be accidentally deleted if the Temporary folders are cleaned. If it is run from the desktop then the backup files and folders can clutter up the desktop and be accidentally deleted. If it is run from inside a compressed file then the backups are not created at all.Please open My ComputerDouble-click on Local Disk (C:)Click on the File menu, point to New and then click on Folder. Name the folder 'HijackThis' or 'HJT'.Unzip to or copy and paste HijackThis.exe to the new folder.Step #2Start in Safe Mode Using the F8 method:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the boot menu appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode menu item.Press the Enter key.Step #3Start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missingO2 - BHO: (no name) - {016235BE-59D4-4CEB-ADD5-E2378282A1D9} - C:\Program Files\CxtPls\cxtpls.dllO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Win32 Usb Driver] svhosint32.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Printer] C:\dipset.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSN] msnmesengers.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Compliant] extebc.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [u77O3sl] halfg.exeO4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Win32 Usb Driver] svhosint32.exeO4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [MSN] msnmesengers.exeO4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Windows Compliant] extebc.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Win32 Usb Driver] svhosint32.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSN] msnmesengers.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Windows Compliant] extebc.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [fwoERiJsW] gpevc32.exeO4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [MSN] msnmesengers.exeO16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://software-dl.real.com/17dd4b1690e817...ip/RdxIE601.cabNow close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.Step #4We need to make sure all hidden files are showing so please:Click Start.Open My Computer.Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.Select the View tab.Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.Uncheck the Hide file extensions for known types option.Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.Click Yes to confirm.Click OK.Find the following files/folders and delete them (don't worry if they are already gone):C:\Program Files\CxtPls\ <--folderC:\dipset.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\halfg.exeNow perform a search for these files and delete all instances. Windows XP's search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that Search system folders, Search hidden files and folders, and Search subfolders are checked.svhosint32.exemsnmesengers.exeextebc.exegpevc32.exeStep #5Start CCleaner and click on the Run Cleaner button in the lower right-hand corner. When it is finished close CCleaner.Step #6Reboot normally and run at least 2 of the following on-line virus scans:Trend Micro HousecallBitDefender On-Line Virus ScanPanda ActiveScaneTrust Antivirus Web ScannerMake sure that you choose "fix" or "clean".Step #7AdAware SE v1.06Download, install, update, configure and run a scan with Ad-aware SE v1.06:Download and Install AdAware SE Personal, keeping the default options. However, some of the settings will need to be changed before your first scan.Close ALL windo... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/20301/dvdr-problems-hjt-log/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi
i don't know why but every dvd i burn got erros now...
i changed the media but there are erros all the time.
i have dell 1520 with TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA Device

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvdr-problems.935477/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am trying to burn a PowerPoint presentation to Dvd. The system is a 2003 Server. It sayes right on the player DVD R/RW. On My Computer it shows as a DVD R/RW also. As soon as I put in a DVD-RW in, it changes on My Computer to CD/R and when I try to save to it I get an incorrect function error. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I m trying to add a Liteon LVW DVD Recorder to DVDR Setup my current system I m running a Humax T Digi Recorder and an ancient but still very functional Sony TV The DVDR was setup with the TV before we went digital and worked fine Here s the problem I ve set up the connections as recommended by Humax for RF Cable connection A TV VCR loop out of the digibox to aerial input of the DVDR B Aerial output of the DVDR to Aerial input of TV C External aerial remains connected to the digibox Having done that I can t locate the DVDR on the TV--AV just DVDR Setup gives me snow--no workable channel or test pattern to setup the DVDR DVDR Setup or play DVDs--I m assuming this is because the external aerial goes directly into the digibox but stymied DVDR Setup nevertheless Is there something wrong with the way I ve set it up or alternatively would a SCART connection from digibox to DVDR solve the problem There s no SCART connection on the TV I told you it eas ancient Thanks in advance nbsp

A:DVDR Setup

Check the user manual for the DVDR (page 7 of the PDF version that I found). You may discover that the antenna output is only a loop through for the antenna input signal and can not show any output for the DVD recorder itself.

If the TV does not have any kind of suitable A/V input, you could try an external modulator box between the DVDR A/V outputs and antenna input on the TV. Some modulator units may feature an antenna input the automatically connects to the output when there is no active A/V input.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvdr-setup.974794/
Relevancy 44.29%

I m running Windows pro I have a CDR and a DVDR which were installed about a year ago Both have been working fine The drives working, DVDR help and not can you CDR seem to be Ok mechanicaly Both CDR and DVDR not working, can you help spin up when I put a disc in them but when I try to access any of the discs I get a message saying that the CDR and DVDR not working, can you help drive is quot not accessable quot I have tries various discs in both drives but always get the same message If I go to quot my computer quot both the drives for CDR and DVDR are not shown I have tried troubleshooting as per device manager I get an error message saying quot The device is not working because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device code quot I have tried removing the device restarting shutting down etc etc etc I ve tried asking device manager to upgrade choose a suitable driver and it does I ve even opened up the computer and made sure the cables are connected The bottom line is that Device manager shows the drives but cannot put the problem right whatever I try I am beginning to think that maybe the quot drivers quot are corrupted or something similar Driver version is There is also a kb system file C inf cdrom inf shown I dont have the knowledge to go any further If anybody can possibly help I would be very gratefull nbsp

A:CDR and DVDR not working, can you help

Thanks to anyone who might have replied to my question but I have now
fixed the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cdr-and-dvdr-not-working-can-you-help.378969/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I have been trying to burn a dvd for a while now but have not yet been able burning DVDR to get it done I am going to post some of my question in hopes that some of the very skilled people here will be able to answer them I have some movies Billy Madison Fight Club Cats and Dogs and A Bugs Life that I got off of kazaa They are all in avi format exept for Fight Club which is in mpeg format I want to burn them to a dvd disk but dont really understand how Is it possible and of so how would I got about it I just reacently bought Lilo and Stich and used smart ripper to get it on my computer I have the files which are labeld vob ifo idx lst I would liekt o burn these onto a dvd disk Is it possible and if so how should I do it Thanks to everyone and to the people who made this site possible its gotten me though alot of problems Thanks nbsp

A:DVDR burning

n00bie
Unfortunatly we cannot help you with this problem since it is dealing with bypassing copyright issues placed on original DVD's.
There are places that will offer help if you wish to search for them but here at TSG we cannot!

Will have to close thread!

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvdr-burning.111774/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

I have a few movies on my computer in AVI format that I would like to put on DVDs so I can watch them on my DVD player in my house. Now, I don't have a DVD recorder on my computer, but I do have a DVD standalone recorder in my house.

The only way that I have been able to figure out is to play the movie on the tv via video-out and s-video cables from the PC, and then record the output with the DVD recorder using some more cables.

This just seems like such a hassle, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a better way to do it,

Thanks

A:PC Movies to DVD w/o a DVDR on the PC

heres a DVD burner with litescribe for $39.00...it doesn't get any easier than that...

http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Category.asp?Category=10

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-movies-to-dvd-w-o-a-dvdr-on-the-pc.469571/
Relevancy 43.86%

My daughter's Toshiba Satellite M55-S325 needs a new LCD screen. Is this something that can be done without too much problem. I've only upgrade ram previously. Any suggestions on buying the screen or if it is too difficult, does anyone have any recommendations on where to send it for the repair.
Thanks

Relevancy 43.86%

my laptop's touchpad currently go crazy when im controlling it
what do you think is it faulty that i have to replace it or its just my system os, already tried restarting and system restore

what website can i buy this replacement parts and about how much range is this touchpad

my laptop is Acer Aspire 4750G

A:laptop replacement parts question

Try virus scan i know sounds silly.

Uninstall drivers and re install using these ones :

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFi...C=ACER&SC=PA_7

Failing that Is it in warranty ? If it is a problem it may be cheaper buying a spares or repair laptop taking its parts as a last resort.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/251439-laptop-replacement-parts-question.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi there TechSpot Long time since I last posted but I had a very specific question I m not sure I could get answered elsewhere So my lady friend has been doing all her computing on her Droid RAZR (possible V5 -- replacement GPU y/n?) Acer Aspire Laptop which is kind of sad for me - as a long time system builder and power user - to watch With Christmas coming up her parents and I were going to buy her a laptop Now I work at an electronics retailer and on Black Friday we Laptop GPU replacement -- Acer Aspire V5 (possible y/n?) started selling the Acer Aspire Laptop GPU replacement -- Acer Aspire V5 (possible y/n?) V for I impulse bought it figuring with a GHz Core i and gigs of RAM it was no weakling for a beginner I ve always fantasized about playing games with an SO cooperatively and I thought maybe just maybe this rig could manage FPS in simple games like Magicka or even ambitiously Left Dead But no such luck despite the age of those games My question given that it s got Intel HD integrated graphics it s doubtful the machine even has a PCIe port on the motherboard But before I tear it apart to find out I thought I might Laptop GPU replacement -- Acer Aspire V5 (possible y/n?) ask the wise minds of TechSpot So anybody have any idea if I can upgrade this sucker TL DR Bought a budget laptop for my girlfriend Want to know if I can upgrade from integrated video on this particular model an Acer V - nbsp

A:Laptop GPU replacement -- Acer Aspire V5 (possible y/n?)

There's no way to upgrade a video card in a laptop unless it's something from ASUS, MSI, Alienware, (If you're lucky)

But even if you could, the upgrade would probably be anywhere from $200-$600+ maybe even more. Old 7900GTX Go cards are still fetching roughly $100 on Ebay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-gpu-replacement-acer-aspire-v5-possible-y-n.187518/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi guys.

I need a new tab key and a 'U' key for my laptop (Acer Aspire 5630).

Where can i gety these from and can you buy them individually? ? ?

Many thanks.

Gaz.

A:Replacement keys for laptop (Acer)? ? ?

Typically you can't replace keys individually, but you can replace the keyboard (typically). Cost is usually $10~30 but that depends on the model.

Example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Keyboard-fo...4098885QQihZ020QQcategoryZ31568QQcmdZViewItem

That was just from a google search for "Acer Aspire 5630 replacement keyboard".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacement-keys-for-laptop-acer.763985/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am considering replacing my 4 year old desktop with a 17" Laptop. My computer is in our guest room. The room is used frequently and it would be nice to be able to just remove the computer when guests are visiting. I have never left my desktop on all of the time and don't plan to do anything different. I use the Power Management program to shut things down during periods that it is not being used.

It is safe to assume that a Laptop could have a 4-5 year lifespan with this type of use?.

Regards, Al

A:Desktop Replacement Laptop Life

Actually you didn't say what use. (What programs / games / applications)

But I'd say the laptop is a better choice for you here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-replacement-laptop-life.651061/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi there,

I've just had a question answered for me on the games bit http://forums.techguy.org/games/557056-broken-sword-angel-death-directx.html
and now I need to know if you can replace a video card in a laptop. Thanks!

A:Video card replacement in a laptop

Not usually. You have the Presario C300 right? If so its not upgradeble.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-replacement-in-a-laptop.557094/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey guys, got a question that I wanted to see if anybody could answer. I'm coming to you from my PS3, because yesterday after having to "wiggle and jiggle" the power cord to get my laptop to charge, it finally crapped out. I'm pretty confident that it's the power terminal (located on the motherbored) and possibly the cord also.

To fix the issue, I'm hoping I could just buy a new, but different terminal and cord so I don't have this issue again. Ideally I'd like to get a cord like the mac, but I realize that is a long shot. So i'm hoping I can just get a good, solid cord/terminal.

My question(s) is/are can I replace the OEM power cord/terminal with a non OEM? How would I find the watt/amperage my laptop needs?

My laptop = Gateway MC7801u

Thanks guys!

A:Laptop power terminal replacement

What has probably happened is the solder connecting the DC in port to the motherboard has cracked. Since it is soldered to the motherboard, to fix it you will need to re-solder the connections or buy a new motherboard. There is no way you could replace it with a mac-style port (magsafe) without some serious modifications to the AC adapter and your laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-power-terminal-replacement.159007/
Relevancy 43.86%

Anyone have intructions on how to replace the keyboard for my Envy TouchSmart Sleekbook 4-1115dx?

A:Instructions For Laptop Keyboard Replacement

Hi, The first manual on the following link does have:          http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-4-Sleekbook/5296620/model/5312201/manuals Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Instructions-For-Laptop-Keyboard-Replacement/td-p/5645881
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro A120 laptop and I believe the inverter for the screen has gone kaput! It powers up, gets drive activity light etc but the screen is totally dead.

Anyone with experience know how easy it is to check / replace an inverter?

I tried to have a look at it at the weekend as I willing to try and I have been building desktops etc for years, just have little experience with laptops. Took it apart as best I could (which wasnt much) but couldn't seem to find my way into the case at all! Removed Battery, hard drive, RAM, modem and all the screws I could find and still I couldn't get into it.

Any thoughts / help / info greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 43.86%

I bought a laptop last year from xotic pc and it was a sager np laptop At first it was great and very fast I bought this laptop because its very fast and because its light and smaller Things were great with laptop then i had issue where the battery no longer worked after a few months It has the replace the battery issue with the red X Also the sound seems to be a lot lower than usual as well I'm also out of the country so its hard to just send the laptop Battery Replacement? Laptop Sager back to xoticpc and have it sent back to me However i like to know for those of you who purchased from xoticpc and had to return a laptop and get something fixed how long is the actual time the day you sent the laptop back till the day you received it For me my biggest issue is the battery since i have to have it plugged all the time laptop goes out pretty much immediately the moment i unplug the charger The sound issue is also frustrating since it suddenly has a weak sound as well This is around the time Sager Laptop Battery Replacement? my battery no longer Sager Laptop Battery Replacement? worked so I was wondering if there could have been Sager Laptop Battery Replacement? a coincidence My other issue is the battery isn't easy to take out There are about screws to unscrew on the bottom of this laptop if i want to take out the battery My old asus laptop and most dell laptops are simple in that you can just pull the battery in and out very easy Thus i cannot do this myself to take out the battery However I'm curious could my battery be misplaced which is why my battery shows the red x Or that is not possible Of course the battery never was taken out since i never took it out I was told it would cost plus S and H to have a new battery shipped to me from xoticpc assuming i buy a new battery after the warranty period which will expire soon But of course if i send it to them before warranty period there isn't cost but my warranty expires really soon I did wonder could it be possible the battery is loose which is why I'm getting this message My issue though is there are at least screws that you have to unscrew in order to take the battery out Its not like a regular laptop where you just hold the button then take out the battery just like that Thus i wouldn't be able to do this as i tried last time I checked online and there is even a manual to teach you how to do this which mean it isn't simple However could it be possible the battery is loose though which is why im getting this message Then again how would it get loose if i never touched the battery Could the battery actually have pushed a little to the left or right Thanks

A:Sager Laptop Battery Replacement?

The battery should have a pretty snug cable attached to it so No I would say something has gone wrong with it and try to get your service done while it's free. Also looking at your previous threads I would have sent in this laptop a long way back as it seems to have hardware issues you could not resolve correct?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/382843-sager-laptop-battery-replacement.html
Relevancy 43.86%

So my hard drive died on my laptop. I contacted dell and they to my surprise they sent me a replacement and technician the very next day.

I did the standard procedure as you do after a reformat.
-Installed drivers from website
-Updated windows
-Downloaded Firefox, Avast, Spybot etc.

My problem is, Sometimes its fine like it was before the HD crash but occasionally I can't even scroll down a page in firefox without it lagging like hell.
I play an MMO and sometimes I experience horrendous latency to the point where my character can move fine but will not communicate with others for 10minutes +

What could be the problem?
Are there any downloads or 'tweaks' that could improve my system performance?
Is there anyway to check whether I have installed all my drivers?

P.S. If this helps, I have a Dell Studio 1555 VISTA
4G RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4750
Intel Core Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.4 GHz

Cheers <3

A:Slow/Laggy laptop after HDD replacement?

Hi Tezza,

This can be a diff issue than your hard drive. Pls. check out the link, it's very helpful:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/setup/wirelesstips.aspx

The specs of your computer looks good.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/slow-laggy-laptop-after-hdd-replacement-426407.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have two identical screens for my laptop.. both broke. but the problem is different with them. THe backlight works on one but the screen is cracked... and the other the screen is fine but the backlight is dim. Can i swap ccfl tubes by myself? or is this a no no?

A:Laptop LCD CCFL tube replacement.

On some laptops you can, but most of them it's integrated into the screen and once it goes you have to replace the whole display. Contact the manufacturer to find out if you can or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-lcd-ccfl-tube-replacement.240049/
Relevancy 43.86%

This is the back of the laptop screen of the laptop I own & it's a sony vaio VGN-NS255D/S laptop, the lcd screen is 15.4", WXGA, CCFL backlight:

I am not sure what LCD to order because the back of the one on amazon looks different, please help

A:Where can I find a laptop LCD screen replacement like this

On the back of the display, down in the lower left corner is a sticker.
There are two pieces of info to get from it:
The manufacturer (LG, or Phillips, etc)
The model number - an LG display will look like this: LP174XD4(TL)(A1)
Now go to a website that sells Laptop screens and search for your exact model number. You will need to specify whether you want a glossy or matte screen, as most models come in both.
I have used this firm from Canada, and can confirm that the display they sent me was an exact replacement part, not a knockoff:
LAPTOP SCREEN, LCD panels from $42. Dell, HP Compaq, Toshiba, Acer, IBM Lenovo, Sony, Gateway, Apple, Asus replacement screen display panel
Hope that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/250363-where-can-i-find-laptop-lcd-screen-replacement-like.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My wife's work laptop has a crack diagonally across the screed, it cracked simply falling on a recliner.

Can anyone give me instructions on how to change the screen? Also, where to find a cheap screen?

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
TJ

A:Dell 620 Laptop screen replacement

Hey TJ,

You can try this LCD screen: http://www.papatek.com/Panel-141-Inch/Dell-Latitude-D620-LCD-Panel.html

As for replacement procedure, here is the service manual: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latd620/en/SM/index.htm

Go to "Display Assembly." Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-620-laptop-screen-replacement.134269/
Relevancy 43.86%

Anyone got a good trustworthy site for buying a new notebook/laptop battery.
I got a IBM A31 laptop that only last for about 50 min and its killing me.
I will no longer buy junk non-OEM laptop batteries...but would like to avoid spending $140 for a stupid IBM original battery....any suggestions.

Thanks for reading

A:Good laptop replacement batteries??

Good Morning vookster82, have you considered carefully opening the battery and chasing suitable replacement cells.
Alternatively, do you have a battery repacking industry there.
It is a thriving industry here, often using better quality replacement cells than the original.

But you do need to keep track of costs, sometimes a repack can be more expensive than a factory replacement.

I have taken cells out of a battery operated drill pack but it is a bit of a gamble breaking these things open as to whether they will be suitable for use.
I came off second best with a cell-phone battery recently.

Some batteries actually need a matching routine to allow them to be re-accepted by the laptop for the charging schedule and life re-instatement. (Intelligent batteries)
Batteries aren't just batteries anymore!
qldit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/good-laptop-replacement-batteries.467308/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a cracked Screen Replacement Laptop [SOLVED] lcd screen that I am trying to repair I found one cheap on ebay [SOLVED] Laptop Screen Replacement - an entire screen and cover but it is a quot lcd Mine is a quot I ve been all over the web trying to get part numbers and have had little luck Does anyone know where I can get some information My theory based on looking at sony s information on the two laptops is that the Sony Vaio FXA-PCG mine is identical to the FXA-PCG the ebay machine except for the screens Therefor I ought to be able to simply switch the top out If not or if I can t get this particular on on ebay how to I go about determining which LCD unit I would need to buy Seems like there are lots of FX series LCD s for around dollars but how do I know if they will work on my laptop And finally if I can get a compatable screen I have examined the monitor case and can not find a clue as to how to crack it Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I was just wondering what people here think is the best newest to date Desktop Replacement PC Laptop: CPU & Performance wise that comes with a 17" or larger monitor..??

Or any Desktop Replacement PC Laptops coming out in the near future that will be really super beefed up..??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-desktop-replacement-laptop-is-the-best-to-date.61790/
Relevancy 43.86%

I m going of to college in a few weeks and I need a laptop I don t have alot of money so no desktop replacement laptop will work because I wouldn t be able to afford it I want something that will be able to somewhat keep pace with my current desktop system but have the battery life that I will need something like hours Processors I know that the Intel Pentium M Processors are out as well as the AMD Turion Processors What is with the - Ghz range on the new Intel CPUs Are they becoming like AMD s processors where a running at Ghz runs like a Ghz I m slightly confused at this Video I want a dedicated video card with Replacement Questions Laptop Desktop good speed with mb Ram Harddrive Nothing to fancy something quick but not to expensive At least gb Everything else All the Desktop Replacement Laptop Questions standard notebook laptop stuff a good screen but nothing that weights lbs Does anyone have any suggestions nbsp

A:Desktop Replacement Laptop Questions

I have found these: Input?

Acer Ferrari 4000

Acer Ferrari 3400

Acer Travelmate 8100

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-replacement-laptop-questions.28279/
Relevancy 43.86%

My HP ENVY Sleekbook 6-1010us has a broken hinge on the left side, the hinge used for opening the screen. Now, whenever I open the laptop, the screen becomes detached from the bottom and is held together by some wires and god knows what else. I then have to "re-assemble it", essentially. This worries me because it seems that it may break at any given moment. The damage is very surprising given that this occurred only through simple wear and tear from general use. I currently have a one year factory warranty on my sleekbook, and am wondering what I can do to get it repaired. Thanks.

A:Laptop "hinge" is broken and needs replacement

Hi, The chances of it being repaired under warranty by HP are slim, considering the type of damage. It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask. You can also  have it repaired by a HP authorized notebook shop. If you feel confident enough and willing to accept the risk of damaging your sleekbook, then you can repair it yourself. -erico

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-quot-hinge-quot-is-broken-and-needs-replacement/td-p/2475875
Relevancy 43.86%

My existing hard drive on a Dell Ins. 1720 seems to be failing. Would like to try replacing this myself using a cloning kit such as one by CMS.

Am considering a Seagate Momentus XT hybrid drive.

Would appreciate any words of wisdom regarding a novice doing this and any comments on the selection of a hybrid drive and the use of a CMS kit.
KGM962

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/393309/replacement-hard-drive-for-laptop/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a dell laptop latitude d530 w/win 7 pro 32 bit. If I buy a used refurbed identical item, can I remove my existing hd and insert it into the new replacement laptop and boot and function normally? I assume an identical bios. Will there be a signature collision or some type of id mismatch that will prevent this from working properly?

A:is old hd/os compatible with identical replacement laptop

For an IDENTICAL product, you should be fine. I don't see any probs with that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/401867-old-hd-os-compatible-identical-replacement-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi nbsp I recently cracked my x resolution diagonal HD Brightview LED display screen on my dv - cl laptop and need advice on a replacement nbsp The model on a seller's screen with the same laptop is B RW v nbsp H W A nbsp F W made by AU Optronics nbsp Does the voltage have to be the same v nbsp I've seen other screens with v v and v nbsp How important are the H W and F W and do they have to match nbsp I've seen the H W being offered in A A and A too nbsp What do I need to know about the back light and number of pins nbsp How many pins should the connector have nbsp Several sellers have warned to make sure that the backlight lines up nbsp What does that mean nbsp Does glossy or matte matter nbsp I think I have glossy now so I am leaning towards Glossy nbsp Are their other brands besides AU Optronics that will work Need laptop advice screen my for replacement with my laptop nbsp Can you provide specific model s nbsp Please tell me everything I need to know to make Need screen replacement advice for my laptop this purchase nbsp Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Need-screen-replacement-advice-for-my-laptop/td-p/5817263
Relevancy 43.86%

hi and hope you can welcome and new member......me!!

i have problem with my m700, i have replaced m/board and now battery not charging and nipple mouse non functioning
is this faultwith board or me?
thanks very much

A:Laptop problems after motherboard replacement

Please use proper thread titles from now on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-problems-after-motherboard-replacement.72693/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi everyone,

I've had a search through the posts on the forum, and haven't really come up with anything to answer my question. I do apologise if I have missed it though!

Basically, I have installed Win 7 Prof Upgrade (from XP) on my MacBook via Bootcamp. However, this MacBook has developed a fault and is being replaced by Apple, who are sending me a new laptop.

My question: will I be able to reinstall the Win 7 upgrade (once XP is installed again of course) on my new laptop?

I'd appreciate any help or advice, many thanks in advance!

A:Installing Win 7 on a replacement-for-faulty laptop

Quote: Originally Posted by marvelman

Hi everyone,

I've had a search through the posts on the forum, and haven't really come up with anything to answer my question. I do apologise if I have missed it though!

Basically, I have installed Win 7 Prof Upgrade (from XP) on my MacBook via Bootcamp. However, this MacBook has developed a fault and is being replaced by Apple, who are sending me a new laptop.

My question: will I be able to reinstall the Win 7 upgrade (once XP is installed again of course) on my new laptop?

I'd appreciate any help or advice, many thanks in advance!

Probably it's possible, if it's not a OEM version. I have r?install Windows 7 on a new HDD and I was able to reactivate with Winupdate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/155168-installing-win-7-replacement-faulty-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i have a very faulty keyboard on my philips freevents X50 laptop. I've managed to get hold of a second hand replacement. could someone pls advise on replacing? I've managed to get the old one out and can see the ribbon in a connector, but not sure how to open the connector. ideas please

A:philips laptop keyboard replacement

Not sure of the model but usually the ribbon is help in place by a clip design might be like this link http://www.laptopsolutions.plc.uk/k...structions__keyboard_removal_instructions.htm

or may be a flatter design. I think the answer is to carefully look at it check how its being held in place and gently unprise the connector clip.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/philips-laptop-keyboard-replacement.516010/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a very new H P 'Envy' laptop that I use purely for entertainment Homemade H/P Battery for Replacement Laptop I mean like in the Summer sitting out under my Maple tree watching a movie DVD or SKYPE-ing with family or old shipmates The rest of the time it is stowed away battery removed I have an electronic background and I Homemade Battery Replacement for H/P Laptop know rechargeable batteries both lose charge capacity AND simply go down sitting on the shelf I note the 'V ' battery pack for this L T goes for almost I also see it is rated at volts a little odd for a four cell total but Lithium Ion batteries are not 'old hat' to me That said when this pack begins to not even do a Movie DVD I'm giving serious thought to taking my Dremel tool out carving open the battery pack removing the old cells wiring and taping ten Garden Variety Duracell AA batteries together and running that Ten AA's is a tad over VDC open circuit Has anybody here ever done this Ten AA's is from Costco one helluva lot better than Amazon Giz

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/390366-homemade-battery-replacement-h-p-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.86%

The Hard Drive on my Compaq Presario 900US laptop recently died on me, but when I looked on the Compaq website for a replacement, it suggested I buy a 40GB disk for $415. I figured it would be a lot cheaper to just buy a drive off Ebay or something, however, I don't know to much about laptop hard drives. Will any 9.5mm HDD work in this laptop, or how do I know if a certain drive will or will not work in it? Basically I am asking, if I just buy the cheapest drive I can, will it work in the laptop? (Note: this computer does not need a great drive, it just needs one that works.)

Thanks.

A:Laptop Hard Drive Replacement

It'll work fine, and it'll cost you a lot less than $415!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-hard-drive-replacement.617891/
Relevancy 43.86%

I plan to replace Win 7 HP 64bit with Win 7 Ultimate 64bit on an Asus N53S, a replacement for a laptop that is now trashed and on which the win 7 OEM 64bit version had been installed to replace Win Vista. Is it possible to overcome Win 7 OEM being keyed to one computer MS protocol and if so, how is it done?

A:Win 7 Ultimate OEM upgrade to second replacement laptop

Quote: Originally Posted by Den02

I plan to replace Win 7 HP 64bit with Win 7 Ultimate 64bit on an Asus N53S, a replacement for a laptop that is now trashed and on which the win 7 OEM 64bit version had been installed to replace Win Vista. Is it possible to overcome Win 7 OEM being keyed to one computer MS protocol and if so, how is it done?

An OEM license is limited to the installation on one computer and is not legally transferable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/223301-win-7-ultimate-oem-upgrade-second-replacement-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Specs MSI PR NoteBook Intel Pentium dual-core T GHz quot Wide XGA GB Memory GB Harddrive Replacement for Solved: laptop HDD DVD Super Multi Intel GMA X Problem Solved: Harddrive Replacement for laptop Replacing my old harddrive i had dropped the laptop and smashed the LCD ez repair cost me bucks Loaded it up Bios still worked registered all of the hardware so i thought i was in the clear Go to boot from HDD gave me a disk error and press ctrlaltdel to restart went to reinstal OS from disc so boot from disc gave me a bootmngr error so my guess is the HDD is shot so gonna have to replace now ive never replaced a completely shot HDD on a laptop always my replacments have been for an upgrade sake and i just copied all the info over via a USB HDD hub Now how do i go about putting the OS and settings onto this new HDD Im at a complete loss here SO any info would help thank you I also have another thread on here addressing the original HDD problem not much there nbsp

A:Solved: Harddrive Replacement for laptop

Since the old drive is physically damaged, you have to reinstall Windows from an installation or recovery disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-harddrive-replacement-for-laptop.819006/
Relevancy 43.86%

I want to replace a fan on a HP dv5-1002 nr laptop, I have the fan I just need to find instructions on how to do it?
Or is it too hard to replace?
My experience with computers is ive built quite a few custom pcs in the past.
I googled but havn't found any guides =\
Thanks

Relevancy 43.86%

Hey all,

I recently damaged the screen of my HP ProBook 4530s laptop. I found the linked below screen on Amazon that says it fits that model, but the reviews appear to all be from happy 4540s model owners. I wanted to know if anyone could confirm for me that this would fit my model as well. If not, would anyone be able to show me a better fit?

http://www.amazon.com/HP-ProBook-Laptop-Screen-1366x768/dp/B005MM68R0

Thanks for your time.

Relevancy 43.86%

I have two laptops laptop and screen replacement issues currently both with broken screens On my hp dv I have the following issue with the screen https www dropbox laptop screen issues and replacement com s mnsnei bty i mp dl I believe it might be an inverter issue On my hp-g - laptop screen issues and replacement us the screen is competely broken I d like to either fix the dv or transplant the dv screen to the us The issue is i don t even know what s wrongwith the dv does it look like an inverter issue WHen i turn it on the screen works for a few seconds then i hear the sound and laptop screen issues and replacement smell of overheating and it starts giving up and are the screens even interchangeable I haven t checked the cords but i imagine there are differences seeing as how the us doesn t even require an inverter cable here are the two replacement screens http www amazon com HP-PAVILION-D amp creative amp creativeASIN B TPGQG and http www amazon com HP-PAVILION-G - US-SUBSTITUTE-REPLACEMENT dp B L VF W footnote i m not even using the correct screen forthe dv i transplanted like a screen from a compaq computer into it years ago and it s only recently started to crap out nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I need to replace the keyboard on a Toshiba Satellite 5105-S501 laptop computer. I have searched Toshiba's site without any luck. I have the replacement keyboard, but can't find anywhere that tells or shows how to replace. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Toshiba Laptop keyboard replacement

Can't see your specific model listed but perhaps this "how to disassemble Toshiba laptops" page might be of use? There are a few other similar websites out there judging by the Google search results I got. Chances are you may want to buy a broken laptop on eBay and use it for spare parts as they are often sold. Unless you can get a repair done through an authorised Toshiba repair centre or whatever?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-keyboard-replacement.416302/
Relevancy 43.86%

Prologue Good day to you all and thank you for the opportunity Laptop not non-OEM recognize replacement does battery to join your online community The following text Laptop does not recognize non-OEM replacement battery is the culmination of information from a failed attempt to get qualified advice via the Yahoo Answers route This is why the text is not in a strictly narrative form I thought it best to provide the accumulated data as is ----- I recently purchased a replacement battery for my Laptop does not recognize non-OEM replacement battery Acer laptop Acer Aspire - The battery is not a quot manufacturer quot replacement battery but is of third-party manufacture When I turn on my laptop windows HP bit the laptop does not recognize that the new battery is inserted even though the new battery is inserted The laptop does function with the replacement battery but it does not report to Windows the remaining charge or even that the battery is even there So this being the case I have no idea of the charge time remaining as I use the laptop and is of no use to me because of that fact Technical information The factory battery OEM is a Sanyo AS B lithium Ion mAh Wh V cell The replacement battery is a Famis FAM Lithium Ion mAh Wh V cell Additional Details For anyone who advises that I seek out and download update drivers for the new battery I cannot quot download the driver quot since in the Device Manager does not even recognize the new battery as being there as an unknown device or otherwise I cannot update or install a driver for device that Windows doesn't know is even there Additional Details One other person has submitted that the original battery that came withthe laptop contained DRM electronics so that one cannot replace the OEM battery with a non OEM model Additional Details The battery status plugged-in status icon is on the taskbar and is not hidden I have always had my taskbar set up to show all icons and to hide none of them With the laptop not plugged into the AC and the new battery in place the only icon that is showing is the quot no battery detected quot icon Even though the laptop is drawing power from the battery Windows does not quot see quot that there is a battery and therefore cannot provide battery usage time remaining etc ----- Epilogue I do very much thank you for your time in reading through this jumble of information and I do most heartily thank you in advance for any advice or commentary you may have to offer Regards pdw

A:Laptop does not recognize non-OEM replacement battery

Quote: Originally Posted by pdw98

Technical information:
*The factory battery (OEM) is a Sanyo AS07B31 (lithium Ion, 4400mAh, 48Wh, 10.8V, 6 cell).
*The replacement battery is a Famis FAM18674 (Lithium Ion, 5200mAh, 49Wh, 14.8V, 8 cell)

There is your problem right there. Wrong voltage.
The voltage must be the same to be a replacement battery for your laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/235545-laptop-does-not-recognize-non-oem-replacement-battery.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop Core Duo T GHz MB Cache GB Ram with Nvidia M graphics card I do not play games Graphics Laptop Replacement Card at my laptop but recently the Graphics card chip overheated and it silently went out of order Yes it overheated with just normal operation of Windows making the laptop out of display at all The laptop ages more than two years and there is no Dell certified service center here However I have options to replace the burnt chip from a local service center But as I don't Laptop Graphics Card Replacement play games with the laptop I would like to have Intel integrated graphics now instead of a heat prone NVidia one But is it possible with a laptop to replace the graphics chip I mean for my desktop I can easily get off my D graphics card and turn the onboard integrated intel graphics on But in case of my Dell laptop which came with M graphics chip is the intel integrated graphics chip still Laptop Graphics Card Replacement there And can I just disable the burnt chip open the laptop cover and plug the display cable to the quot apparently present there quot Intel Chip I am not acquainted with laptop motherboards actually By the way if any intel graphics chip is not present there can I have a Intel Chip may be GMA or something like that on it instead of a new heat prone M In fact one local service center offered me to replace the burnt chip for a new one for around But I do not find the real price of a M chip anywhere Could anyone give some hints Any form of suggestion is welcome I am looking forward to hear from you

A:Laptop Graphics Card Replacement

There's a lot of information on your system at support.dell.com.

If I understand the specs correctly, you have an Intel 965PM chipset, without integrated graphics. (Another version uses the 965GM chipset, with integrated graphics, but that's not what you have.)

I doubt that it's practical to convert to the chispet with built-in graphics, but you could ask your repair shop. The performance of the nVidia graphics is probably much superior, but you appear to not benefit from that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/79537-laptop-graphics-card-replacement.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Not sure of my laptop model number, but the optical drive is SU-208.I found one on Amazon but it says its for Toshiba even tho its an su-208 optical drive. Is there a difference? Any place in particular I should go for a replacement?Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Need-replacement-optical-drive-for-my-hp-laptop/td-p/5659025
Relevancy 43.86%

I battery replacement with won't boot any Laptop have a Toshiba laptop model S -BBT N which I purchased last April The laptop works fine with no problems I decided to buy an extra battery to use as a backup When I installed the battery the computer would not boot up even with the AC plugged in If Laptop won't boot with any replacement battery I remove the battery or put the original battery back in all works fine I initially thought this was a battery problem so I exchanged the battery for a replacement and got the same result These were aftermarket batteries so Laptop won't boot with any replacement battery I then bought a Toshiba branded battery which appeared to be exactly the same as the original battery - and I again got the same result In every case the laptop will not boot up with the replacement battery and just flashes the power light even with the AC plugged in Put the original battery in with or without AC or just run on AC and all works fine Any ideas nbsp

A:Laptop won't boot with any replacement battery

That's crazy.....I would put in a support ticket to Toshiba and see what their techs say about that. Aftermarket or OEM replacement battery should work as the old OEM battery does......baffling to say the least.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-boot-with-any-replacement-battery.1168670/
Relevancy 43.86%

This is for a Lenovo Idea Pad P400 Touch Pad

I've determined the hard drive is bad ( if you need the details, I'll supply them ) and need to know if the Lenovo Start Recovery Disc and the three Operating System Recovery discs that came with it will be enough to get the system back to the original status, but on the replacement hard drive..

Thanks for your time.

A:Laptop Hard Drive Replacement

the three Operating System Recovery discs that came with it will be enough to get the system back to the original status,Click to expand...

yes they should set back to factory condition

you will need to change the boot order in the bios so that the DVD is first

If windows 7 - you can expect a LOT of windows update probably 150+

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-hard-drive-replacement.1152354/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Compaq HP CQ - DX with a Atheros AR and I am currently on a wireless G connection my wife's netbook is getting better speeds then I am card laptop wireless replacement??? I feel like I am on dial up still So anyone know of a good mini PCI express card laptop wireless card replacement??? for laptops with high performance The card is mega easy to get at so the upgrade part will take less then minutes this laptop has ports for almost everything upgradeable on the laptop wireless card replacement??? laptop I want this upgrade so I can download the Free D models from DAZ D for my artwork and to play a little America's Army and Unreal Tournament laptop wireless card replacement??? Yes I was a gamer once Oh or a driver that might work I found a bit driver but running bit and not sure if that will work or not but I think finding a better card will serve me better over time as I plan to upgrade everything I can along the way Thanks in advance for any help

A:laptop wireless card replacement???

Hm...I am not sure where you would be able to buy an internal wireless card...if it isn't a driver issue have you thought of an express card slot graphics card...like a linksys from Wal-Mart. I have a friend with one and he says it works great

EDIT: I meant a express card slot wireless card...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/24497-laptop-wireless-card-replacement.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Gateway NV A and i actually just purchased it last month I mistakenly placed it on the floor and steped on it very lightly as I got up The laptop was folded Problem System Replacement= LCD Laptop so as i unfolded it i noticed the stream of cracks on the LCD screen I then began to flip I looked to ebay and saw the Gateway NV laptop lcd understanding i have a A the new screen only said I ordered the new laptop screen from the certified ebay seller I then took the laptop apart and then installed the LCD screen I turned the laptop on to check if it worked and it did it worked perfectly I turned it on again to see if i Laptop LCD Replacement= System Problem could access my desktop with no problems and It did I was excited I then took it home and turned it on and now every time I start Laptop LCD Replacement= System Problem the computer it directs me to the black screen with a choice of quot START UP REPAIR quot OR quot START WINDOWS NORMALLY quot The black screen at the top also Laptop LCD Replacement= System Problem displays the following message quot We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully A recent hardware or software change might have caused this quot When I select quot Start Normally quot my windows vista takes me to the welcome screen where you can see the windows logo and it says quot please wait quot under the logo When I select quot Repair quot it takes it to the repair screen where it cannot find the problem So now I m stuck and I cant access my brand new system I am thinking this maybe a driver problem or something dealing with the BIOS but I don t know for sure and I am wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction The screen I purchased from you guys works excellently but I don t believe the screen is an exact replacement of the last The connectors are exactly the same and like I said it works but I cannot seem to get my system past the please wait Is there any methods or ideas you guys can give me that can remedy this Thank You nbsp

A:Laptop LCD Replacement= System Problem

Well, I'm basically a complete noob when it comes to Vista... But, still, I'll get this thread going

When you click on "start up repair", what are the options you are given? Is there anything akin to the "last known good configuration" that xp had?
Try tapping F8 after restarting your computer to get to the F8 menu, then select "last known good configuration". If that fails, repeat and select safe mode with networking.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-lcd-replacement-system-problem.952980/
Relevancy 43.86%

I bought a laptop last year from xotic pc and it was a sager np laptop At first it was great and very fast I bought this laptop because its very fast and because its light and smaller Things were great Replacement? Laptop Sager Battery with laptop then i had issue where the battery no longer worked after a few months It has the replace Sager Laptop Battery Replacement? the battery issue with the red X Also the sound seems to be a lot lower than usual as well I'm also out of the country so its hard to just send the laptop back to xoticpc and have it sent back to me However i like to know for those of you who purchased from xoticpc and had to return a laptop and get something fixed how long is the actual time the day you sent the laptop back till the day you received it For me my biggest issue is the battery since i have to have it plugged all the time laptop goes out pretty much immediately the moment i unplug the charger The sound issue is also frustrating since it suddenly has a weak sound as well This is around the time my battery no longer worked so I was wondering if there could have been a coincidence My other issue is the battery isn't easy to take out There are about screws to unscrew on the bottom of this laptop if i want to take out the battery My old asus laptop and most dell laptops are simple in that you can just pull the battery in and out very easy Thus i cannot do this myself to take out the battery However I'm curious could my battery be misplaced which is why my battery shows the red x Or that is not possible Of course the battery never was taken out since i never took it out I was told it would cost plus S and H to have a new battery shipped to me from xoticpc assuming i buy a new battery after the warranty period which will expire soon But of course if i send it to them before warranty period there isn't cost but my warranty expires really soon I did wonder could it be possible the battery is loose which is why I'm getting this message My issue though is there are at least screws that you have to unscrew in order to take the battery out Its not like a regular laptop where you just hold the button then take out the battery just like that Thus i wouldn't be able to do this as i tried last time I checked online and there is even a manual to teach you how to do this which mean it isn't simple However could it be possible the battery is loose though which is why im getting this message Then again how would it get loose if i never touched the battery Could the battery actually have pushed a little to the left or right Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/382843-sager-laptop-battery-replacement.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I was thinking about replacing the hard drive in my wife's laptop I'm not quite sure I need to replace it may be that I messed up and threw the Boot Drive priority out of place The lap top is a Toshiba Sat C -S Widows I cannot boot to Windows it turns on to Reboot and select proper boot device select a I did manage to get it over to the Set Up screen Replacement? Laptop Hard Drive but not quite sure what to select and even if I do select the correct boot drive whether it will boot to Windows Anyway Laptop Hard Drive Replacement? here are the four options I am viewing This is the sequence it is in From what I am sharing could you tell me if I need to replace the hard drive or could I save this if I knew what I was doing lol I do not have a boot disk Thank You HDD SSD USB ODD TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN- AB Laptop Hard Drive Replacement? LAN Realtek PXE B D

A:Laptop Hard Drive Replacement?

Download Parted Magic, a program based on linux, here. Burn the iso file to a CD or DVD using a Windows 7 computer by right clicking the iso and selecting Burn Disk Image. Boot the Parted Magic disk and on the desktop is a icon called either Disk Health or GsmartControl. Double click the icon and run the short generic test. If that passes run the long generic test and post the log. 

I have a feeling your hard drive is failing or has failed. Here is a video explaining Gsmartcontrol

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587723/laptop-hard-drive-replacement/