Windows Support Forum

Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M goes black after acer logo loads

Q: Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M goes black after acer logo loads

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M
I am attaching a few pictures of what comes on the screen when I turn it on.
Even in safe mode it does not let me log in, it attempts repairs, it fails and then goes to the black screen with the white cursor.
If I try to start windows normally it loads the logo and then goes to the black screen.
Yesterday, in an attempt to do repairs it was replacing invalid security drivers or something like that and it was taking ages so I had to turn it off.
For the last week it took very long to start up, failing to configure windows but it would eventually let me log in.
Since yesterday I am only getting the black screen. it is windows 7 by the way.

i need a very quick reply please

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M goes black after acer logo loads

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M goes black after acer logo loads

Quick reply!!! Save your data and restore back to factory. Always have a back up image of your OS on a external drive for next time you have this problem!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5742-intelcore-i3-380m-goes-black-after-acer-logo-loads-984193.html
Relevancy 86.8%

after windows 10 updated , suddenly screen went black . i restarted the computer by pressing the power button . the acer logos shows up  than for 2 sec the screen goes black and when the logo shows back again the little circle stops rotating . pressed alt f10 and waiting for system to be restored but it is taking to much time . what should i do  

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/aspire-v5-acer-logo-shows-than-screen-goes-black-logo-shows/td-p/457855
Relevancy 85.56%

My acer aspire 5742 won't startup correctly, it goes from a black screen to a screen that says acer enter f2 for startup, then alternates between those two screens.Right this moment I have managed to get it going and am in the processing of backing it up to an external hardrive. I rang acer support and they told me this is due to me installing windows 10 (about six months ago) and even though it appeared to be fine it has been corrupting the (motherboard? i think that's what she said). the lady told me I have to restore the laptop to factory settings. Can someone please confirm to me that this is what I do need to do?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/acer-aspire-5742-goes-from-black-screen-to-screen-that-says-acer/td-p/440246/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 85.56%

My acer aspire 5742 won't startup correctly, it goes from a black screen to a screen that says acer enter f2 for startup, then alternates between those two screens.Right this moment I have managed to get it going and am in the processing of backing it up to an external hardrive. I rang acer support and they told me this is due to me installing windows 10 (about six months ago) and even though it appeared to be fine it has been corrupting the (motherboard? i think that's what she said). the lady told me I have to restore the laptop to factory settings. Can someone please confirm to me that this is what I do need to do?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:acer aspire 5742 goes from black screen to screen ...

The fact that you were able to boot normally after F2 into the bios menu, F9 to re-set the bios to factory default, then F10 to save this default bios setting, ***strongly*** suggests that the bios was losing it's memory of the specific hard drive that was installed.    Jack E/NJ

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/acer-aspire-5742-goes-from-black-screen-to-screen-that-says-acer/td-p/440246
Relevancy 84.94%

Hello I am working on an Acer laptop that boots screen boot Aspire logo Acer goes 7520 windows black during after normally except for the screen going blank after the windows loading logo in Windows It does the same when booting to a Windows install disc It gets past the initial screen Acer Aspire 7520 screen goes black after windows logo during boot when copying files and then goes blank When connected to a second monitor the monitor shows quot video out of range quot I tried booting to safe mode and vga mode with no luck on both monitors The system loads into windows desktop as I can hear the Windows sounds and I can power down using the start menu blindly The display works fine in the system BIOS and during the initial boot from disc or hard drive I am thinking the internal video card is bad but want to explore other options before giving up So far I have Tested all hardware Reset BIOS to defaults Booted to VGA mode and safe mode Tried Last Known Good Configuration Cloned a drive from another machine with a good OS Tried both the original Windows Vista OS and a new copy of Windows from both CD and hard drive Please help me get this stubborn laptop to output video normally

A:Acer Aspire 7520 screen goes black after windows logo during boot

Hi it sounds like the driver might not be loading or the graphics is failing

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-7520-screen-goes-black-after-windows-logo-during-boot-685827.html
Relevancy 84.01%

I have tried everything I can think of I have already read through a few other threads with the same issue but none of the fixes work for me It gets to the acer screen logo not boot Acer will Acer Aspire E15 past loads that little loading circle then it just goes black I have tried pushing Alt F and it got to the acer screen and said please wait then the screen went black again I have installed Windows on a USB drive and have went into the bios and enabled the boot menu as well as change the order Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo of the boot to the USB This got me a bit closer but still stuck After about minutes it finally went to a purple screen and a window popped up asking to install I selected my language and clicked install it went to another screen that says setup is starting and it's been sitting this way for about minutes now I'm out of ideas Don't have a clue why this is going on This is a friend of mines computer he said he was in the middle of playing a game and the laptop froze then something came up and then it shut off When it booted up it wouldn't load past the acer screen

A:Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo

Try booting to Memtest86 you can burn a CD and I think it can also be run from a USB bootable flash drive. This will test your memory for problems and also let you know that the hardware in general will run (except the hard drive which is ignored at this stage.If the memory is good, then boot to your hard drive mfg's utility or Seatools from Seagate (DOS version) the same as Memtest but it tests your hard drive to see if it is just the drive that you cannot install on.If the memory and hard drive tests OK then you may just need to delete all current partitions on the hard drive before trying to install.If the memory does not test good, try cleaning the contacts on the memory with a soft pencil eraser and snapping them in and out 5 or 6 times to also burnish the slot's contacts. Then try memtest again on one stick at a time in case one stick is bad, swap and try again.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/acer-aspire-e15-will-not-boot-past-acer-logo/1671.html
Relevancy 84.01%

my acer aspire 5742 ethernet light comes on when i plug my charger and my laptop heats up when charging

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/acer-aspire-5742/td-p/452387
Relevancy 84.01%

hi pls i am using acer aspire 5742 and my ethernet port light comes when i plug my laptop to charge it and it when am using the laptop its stays on

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/acer-aspire-5742/td-p/452305
Relevancy 83.08%

i cannot open my webcam and this is the message it shows can i please have help to resolve this.:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: CrystalEye.exe
Application Version: 1.0.4.0
Application Timestamp: 4c57b27e
Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

A:appcrash acer aspire 5742

Hi Carol this is the driver page for the 5742g please check if that is your model if it is then please check which camera you have there are 3 and the driver for them are here
Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / Aspire / Aspire 5742G the 5742 model drivers are here Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / Aspire / Aspire 5742 try reinstalling the driver just click on the driver name to download it and then click on it once it is downloaded it should install for you then try the camera again and this may help you find what camera you have Device management - Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows if not check in device manager in control panel

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/appcrash-acer-aspire-5742-a-667811.html
Relevancy 82.15%

For the past few weeks my computer has been prone to randomly freezing while websites are open and i get the quot not responding quot message at the top of every website and cannot do anything or click anywhere until i hold down the off button and force the machine to turn off and on again and even then it doesn't always work fine when it's back on As of yesterday when i log in the laptop seems to think that the left click button has been pressed and when i move the mouse around it highlights folders on my desktop When i press the left click it brings up what the right click button should Aspire problem! 7/Acer Windows 5742 do whereas the right click button does nothing Whenever i click on icons on the desktop nothing happens and i can't access any programs start menu firefox etc until i press ctrl alt delete and open the task manager Windows 7/Acer Aspire 5742 problem! As soon as task manager is opened and i can see that it is not doing any processes i can use my left click and go on firefox start menu etc However the right click still does nothing I've got AVG Malware Bytes and CCleaner have run several cleanups and defragmenters Nothing has brought up any problems or viruses etc I'm just really starting to run out of ideas of what i can do to sort this out I'd rather not have to back everything up and perform a factory reset If anyone can shed some light onto this problem i'd really appreciate it

A:Windows 7/Acer Aspire 5742 problem!

Without more information (system specs) we'd be "shooting in the dark".
Might get lucky and hit the target, but maybe not.

One shot in the dark...

If you have a wireless mouse,
and the usb dongle is plugged into a USB3 port (aka Super Speed USB),
(instead of a USB2 port),
this may cause erratic behavior.
I have seen this happen with some Logitech mice.

Have you tried a different mouse?

Your slow internet and your erratic mouse may or may not be related.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-acer-aspire-5742-problem-668578.html
Relevancy 82.15%

I'm getting a message that my laptop is recommending a new battery, however, I can't find anything on the settings etc that tells me what type/size battery to buy - without having to open up the unit first.  Can someone please advise what I need to buy and if any special instructions to change out a battery?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-Acer-Aspire-5742-is-recommending-a-new-battery-what-type-size/td-p/437691/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 82.15%

Yesterday when I turned on my laptop windows wouldn't start and launched its error recovery. When I launched the startup recovery it gave me a black screen for 5 minutes, then an Acer desktop screen with nothing on it. The loading light will stay lit up for 5 minutes and turn off without the computer doing anything at all and stay at that screen for hours on end.

Any and all help word be appreciated.

A:Acer Aspire 5742 refuses to boot

Also note I am using my galaxy 3 in lieu of a computer, response times may be slow.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237829-acer-aspire-5742-refuses-boot.html
Relevancy 82.15%

So I got an Apple bluetooth keyboard through the post today, and was really excited to start using it. However, when trying to add the device by going Start>Devices and Printers>Add a Device, my computer doesn't detect the keyboard at all.

I went into my device manager to see if I could find the problem, but it turns out that there is no bluetooth adapter visible there, nor can I seem to find any drivers on my actual computer. I tried downloading all the bluetooth drivers from the acer website, but none of them seem to do anything...

I'm pretty sure my laptop has bluetooth, as this is what the internet has told me, so I would really appreciate any help at all!

Thanks

A:Acer Aspire 5742 Bluetooth problems...

Hi and Welcome to Seven Forums ..... Have you looked under system devices in the Device Manager ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/290410-acer-aspire-5742-bluetooth-problems.html
Relevancy 82.15%

I want to ask a question in a discussion board but don't know what fourm to post to.Can someone please advise.Thanks

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:How do I find out what series my acer aspire 5742 ...

Go to Discussions (header) > Laptop > Legacy laptops and netbooks. You'll able to create a topic about your laptop in this group. Aspire 5742 is a legacy laptop (old model).

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/How-do-I-find-out-what-series-my-acer-aspire-5742-is/td-p/440452
Relevancy 82.15%

Can anyone tell me what the consequences are from running windows 10 on an acer aspire 5742 that was originally had windows7 installed?

A:Windows 10 incompatible with acer aspire 5742

Some of the peripherals, such as the wireless network adapter, may not work properly or at all unless updated software drivers are available and installed. Jack E/NJ 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Windows-10-incompatible-with-acer-aspire-5742/td-p/440509
Relevancy 82.15%

Hi - Firstly I m not a computer geek although I m reasonably literate My Acer Aspire bought May has suffered a hard disk failure When I bought it I made the Acer eRecovery disks and kept them safe On buying a new hard drive 5742 Aspire Partitioning Software Acer last week exact Hitachi GB model I find recovery disk no boots up Windows ok but does not recover the file structure as I get the message quot insufficient disk space to copy files quot I understand that Acer disks are partitioned into areas and the recovery disks cannot Acer Aspire 5742 Partitioning Software see the area where the recovery files have to be copied and hence the Windows message I researched this on the net and find Acer produce a partitioning software file that once could be downloaded However I see that file is no longer available on the net and on speaking to Acer they want me to part with for them to provide technical support I would have thought the partitioning software should have been included in the recovery disks but it seems not so Can anyone help in providing me with a suitable solution without forking out Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 82.15%

My old acer aspire 5742 is in a very good condition, basicly new, expect one thing, the left hinge is broken. its been broken for a while, over 3 years. this has cracked the case near the off button and when i move the screen toofar back the laptop turns off/ locks. the reason i made this is because i am looking to upgrade, so i was going to sell it and i feel like this hinge is holding me back from the price i am aiming for. any way i can fix this?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-aspire-5742-broken-hinge/td-p/457651
Relevancy 82.15%

Can anyone tell me what the consequences are from running windows 10 on an acer aspire 5742 that was originally had windows7 installed?

A:Windows 10 incompatible with acer aspire 5742

Some of the peripherals, such as the wireless network adapter, may not work properly or at all unless updated software drivers are available and installed. Jack E/NJ 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Windows-10-incompatible-with-acer-aspire-5742/td-p/440509/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 82.15%

I want to ask a question in a discussion board but don't know what fourm to post to.Can someone please advise.Thanks

A:How do I find out what series my acer aspire 5742 ...

Hello, In Legacy laptops and netbook.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/How-do-I-find-out-what-series-my-acer-aspire-5742-is/td-p/440452/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 82.15%

I'm getting a message that my laptop is recommending a new battery, however, I can't find anything on the settings etc that tells me what type/size battery to buy - without having to open up the unit first.  Can someone please advise what I need to buy and if any special instructions to change out a battery?

A:My Acer Aspire 5742 is recommending a new battery ...

To help you understand, what type and size of the battery is required for your laptop, you can check it by removing the battery from the back side of the laptop.- To do this, first of all please make sure you turned off the laptop and the power connections.- Now turn the laptop to the back side and pulled the clips to remove battery, which is the only removable part from the outerside.- Now you can check the specification of the battery and find it online on the manufacturers website.- Your battery is of 4400 mAh Capacity, 6-cell.- Ac adapter input is AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz). Hope this will help you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-Acer-Aspire-5742-is-recommending-a-new-battery-what-type-size/td-p/437691
Relevancy 82.15%

Hi there,

I have the Acer Aspire 5742 series laptop and I am suffering from overheating issues - temperatures are staying around the 60C mark with just google chrome open, on idle it doesn't go below 50C, when doing anything intensive it goes up to 70C+, sometimes even 90C+. I cannot run a virus scan with McAfee because it just overheats the laptop.

I've got some arctic silver 5 thermal paste (left over from when I did a fix on a Packard Bell machine) and am thinking about replacing the fan - how easy is it to replace the fan and heatsink? Is this worth it and will it fix the overheating issue?

Furthermore, is there anything else I can do to fix the overheating? I want to be able to cure this overheating problem once and for all. Thanks for your help.

A:Acer Aspire 5742 Overheating issues

Hi,
First thing you should do is get rid of both Mcafee and Chrome and see how it runs,

As far as remodeling a laptop that depends on your skills
If it has a ssd in it or not that would be another thing to do which will cut down on heat and of course speed the sucker up a lot

After Mcafee and Chrome are gone do this for us,
Also make sure you use the Mcafee removal tool
How to uninstall or re-install supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool
Use Clean boot,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/179159-troubleshoot-application-conflicts-performing-clean-startup.html
Click Start and type in the search box,
msconfig
Click on the suggestion on top or hit the Enter key,
Go to the Startup section and take some screen shots for a complete list,
Go to the Services section and on the bottom left Check the box to Hide All Microsoft services,
Repeat the screen shots,
See the links above my signature on how to take and upload screen shots here,
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/376303-acer-aspire-5742-overheating-issues.html
Relevancy 82.15%

Hi My laptop has become very low browsing the internet in the last couple of months I mainly use it on home wireless wireless and have signal strength is excellent with out of bars OS - Windows Home Pemium SP bit System laptop Slow Aspire Acer 5742 - Acer Aspire laptop Slow Acer Aspire 5742 laptop RAM Slow Acer Aspire 5742 laptop - GB CPU - Intel Core i M Ghz TSG SysInfo - Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled I have tried deleting all browser history running check Disk with both options checked and done a analysis on Defragmentation which found the c drive defragmented I am running Windows Firewall and Security Essentials as my AV I have ran Hijack this as advised on other posts and the log is below - Please can you advise Thanks Kevin Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x EgisTec MyWinLocker x mwlDaemon exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Users Donald AppData Local Facebook Update FacebookUpdate exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x EgisTec IPS PmmUpdate exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Acer Backup Manager BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x Ask com Updater Updater exe C Program Files x EgisTec IPS EgisUpdate exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil e ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Donald AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE VVW TWY HijackThis exe c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD saui exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire amp r l l z v s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire amp r l l z v s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire amp r l l z v s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook UrlSearchHook Class - - E - FD - - F E FC - C Program Files x Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll R - URLSearchHook McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Lexmark Toolbar - A C- F - -A D-EDD AC F - C Program Files Lexmark Toolbar toolband dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Co... Read more

Relevancy 81.22%

My Acer Aspire had been running well for the past years or so without any issues when all of a sudden I encountered an issue when I tried booting it up today A couple of days ago Windows Update did its usual thing and installed some updates before the computer shut down Whenever it's doing an update I always make sure the charger is plugged in just so that the power supply doesn't cut out the - Acer not... 5742 Update Windows Issue with Aspire 7 battery doesn't run out which may cause issues with the update The laptop shut down as normal nbsp Upon startup a message appears saying Failure configuring Windows Update Reverting changes Do not turn off your computer I have left it running for at least hours in the hope that it will revert but nothing seems to have happened I have given up and also tried booting in safe mode but to no avail nbsp Any ideas on what to do I have done some light research into it on the web but none of the solutions seem to match nbsp Also whilst I am asking this question if I were to completely reformat the laptop in order to get rid of this issue how would I go about getting the OEM locked key for the Windows as it came pre-installed I currently have no way to access the Acer Recovery Acer Aspire 5742 - Issue with Windows 7 Update not... part on the laptop so a complete reformat seems like Acer Aspire 5742 - Issue with Windows 7 Update not... the easiest thing to do as I have nothing I want to keep on the harddrive

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Acer-Aspire-5742-Issue-with-Windows-7-Update-not-allowing/td-p/462127
Relevancy 81.22%

i was trying to restore my acer aspire 5742 to factory settings, while in the process of sortware installation it stalled at installing office 2010 and it never moved on from there for hours now..anyone knows what i can do to fix my laptop please?

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/restoring-my-acer-aspire-5742-to-factory-setting-but-software/td-p/305380/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 81.22%

Hello all what great site I have aspire 5742-454g50 cannot 7 acer load windows a three month old aspire which will not boot acer aspire 5742-454g50 cannot load windows 7 up The error message I get is xc e The computer did an auto update for Windows whilst a external hard drive was connected then shut down it only completed of the download When I tried to turn back on acer aspire 5742-454g50 cannot load windows 7 it would not load Windows so I completed a recovery this only got to and would not complete When I know try to reboot in any mode the computer fires up arrive working and the screen starting Windows appears the screen goes black for a few seconds then following message appears set up is starting devices about secs later the following error message appears Windows could not complete the installation To install Windows on this computer restart the application I then press enter then the screen says set up will restart once computer has restarted Please help Thanks a very annoyed and fed up john Ps tried all options other than recovery discs from acer is this hw or sw - how can I check nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5742-454g50-cannot-load-windows-7.1007031/
Relevancy 81.22%

i was trying to restore my acer aspire 5742 to factory settings, while in the process of sortware installation it stalled at installing office 2010 and it never moved on from there for hours now..anyone knows what i can do to fix my laptop please?

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/restoring-my-acer-aspire-5742-to-factory-setting-but-software/td-p/305380
Relevancy 81.22%

i Formatted my acer aspire 5742 with windows 7 home premium yesterday but I cannot seem to install any program . i've tried to install norton and java and the installation always stops and tells me there is an error.What should I do?
Any help is appreciated.

A:Formatted my acer aspire 5742 , everything I download gets corrupted

Hello kttyxkat3 and welcome to Seven Forums.

It's possible that your format/reinstall was corrupted in some way (bad disk, computer glitch, etc.) Without knowing exactly what method you used I can only point you to these tutorials for th specific steps that need to be taken:

Clean Install Windows 7

Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251081-formatted-my-acer-aspire-5742-everything-i-download-gets-corrupted.html
Relevancy 81.22%

Hello everyone, I purchased an Acer Aspire 5742 Series Laptop . That is an I3 processor.

MY daughter was having problems with it simply turning off. After looking at and running Real Temp and Prime 95, I believed it was simple over heating .

It is under warranty so I took it in for repair, I just picked it up and they said the fan and vents needed cleaning, that is why it is getting hot and shutting down.

Now I re-ran Prime 95 and it still shut down after 1 hour roughly. Real Temp said it was 89 Degrees C.

So is this normal for laptops??? I costume build my PC and it never shuts down on running Prime 95. Even I did overclocked it.

SO what recommendation do you have? I can take it back (warranty) but I do not have the faith they will fix it ! Since I say no BSOD I am not sure any reports will help. It is a Clean windows 7 install.

A:Acer Aspire 5742 Series Laptop Over Heating

Hello Becky -

By design, laptops just aren't as efficient as desktops when it comes to cooling. Components are bunched together in a small space and the fan is usually underpowered and doesn't move a lot of air. Generally speaking, laptops need to be used on a hard, flat surface like a tabletop and not on a pillow, bedspread, or even a lap. Vents and fan will surely be blocked adding to the heat build up. Many people even use a laptop cooling pad to help with air circulation.

Laptop cooler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But there's another consideration that may prompt you to take the laptop back in for warranty service. It's possible that a heat sink or thermal paste was improperly installed during production. No amount of cleaning will correct that kind of problem. Some additional thoughts:

HowStuffWorks "How to Keep Your Laptop Cool"

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/272766-acer-aspire-5742-series-laptop-over-heating.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Hi All
Sorry if in wrong section but 1st post
I have a acer aspire 5742 with the wifi on which will see 5 connections but not the canon 5250
The printer canon 5250 wifi will alse see the local wifi but not the laptop
so think both wifi are working
have run auto setup on printer but nothing
running windows 7 sp1
lan broadcom
wireless lan atheros

Any help

Mullie

Relevancy 111.37%

Please help I bought a new Acer Aspire laptop Core i G Ram GB Hard few days ago It has Pre-installed operating system Windows Home Basic I How i can home basic 7 Acer recover on 5742? my Windows Aspire s told to make system backup How can i recover my Windows 7 home basic on Acer Aspire 5742? and I did and saved it on hard drive rather making a backup Disk Unfortunately a virus or some type of programme invaded and the whole window corrupted in few seconds amp I tried my best to restore windows using Acer e-recovery manager first by restoring them to an earlier point but that didn t work Later I tried to use system image I d already made but same problem was there Getting freaked out I restored windows to factory settings but it was really dis-hearting How can i recover my Windows 7 home basic on Acer Aspire 5742? to see that an error occurred so windows could n t be restored to factory settings So I ve to install a pirated version of windows ultimate Now please How can i recover my Windows 7 home basic on Acer Aspire 5742? tell me that is there any way to restore original windows in my laptop I ve heard that there is a recovery disc for my laptop provided by Acer from which I can restore Windows Is this true As I ve formatted the windows and also deleted the backup I ve created earlier Is there any Re-installation CD DVD which Acer provides And Drivers Disc as well If is there any how can I get Please help me I m so worried nbsp

Relevancy 106.64%

Is the 15'' screen from an Acer Aspire 5517 the exact same item found in a 15'' Acer 5742,I would like to swap in the 5517's screen.If not,where would one search for a new replacement screen for a 5742 in NorthAmerica (Canada)

A:Swap screen from Acer 5517 into Acer 5742

Looks like they may be close if the cables are the same. Here's a new LCD Panel:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ACER-ASPIRE-AS5742Z-4601-15-6-WXGA-LED-LCD-SCREEN-/170653209731?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bbb95483#ht_2864wt_1396

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/swap-screen-from-acer-5517-into-acer-5742.179161/
Relevancy 101.05%

I replaced the DC jack on an Acer today with a new one. When the laptop has the battery in the power LED shows a power source(unfortunately the battery is dead). When I remove the battery and plug in the charger to the new DC jack, no LED. Hitting the power button results in a flash from the power button light and power LED for an instant but no POST or boot. I tried different chargers as I have a few universals laying around so that's not it.....What's the problem?

A:Acer Aspire 5742 no power from dc jack, replaced it, still no power

Maybe not enough power on my acer laptop the charger says the output is 19 volts 3.4 amps and it runs fine without the battery installed, When I dont have the battery installed and the charger pluged in there is no indication that the changer is indeed plugged in and also when I turn it on I usually press the button just a bit longer to turn it on

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334453-acer-aspire-5742-no-power-dc-jack-replaced-still-no-power.html
Relevancy 100.62%

after the week end, my computer doesn't Want to start  I only see Acer logo and a circle turning non stop.   

A:Aspire stucked on Acer green logo

If you power it completely off, then back on, does it go to the same screen? If so, you may try using recovery media. If that doesn't fix it, repair may be your best option.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-stucked-on-Acer-green-logo/td-p/438690
Relevancy 100.62%

after the week end, my computer doesn't Want to start  I only see Acer logo and a circle turning non stop.   

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-stucked-on-Acer-green-logo/td-p/438690/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 100.62%

Aspire E1-572 has blank screen. Running Windows 7. Acer logo comes up but then all blank. Checked battery is OK. Can get to System menus by tapping F2 or F12 or F8 but screen is still blank. Please help!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-E1-572-has-blank-screen-Acer-logo-comes-up-but-then-all/td-p/439318/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi past Acer Aspire E1-572G boot logo can't Acer community nbsp I have a new E - G laptop Long story short I installed Win on it and after that Ubuntu I had issues with bootloader but after fiddling around with legacy UEFI booting secure boot and things like that I almost successfully configured the laptop When I selected the ubuntu uefi bootmgr in the bios in secure boot mode I rebooted the laptop for what I thought the last time but then it did not go past the Acer logo Only combination that works is ctrl alt delete If I remove the hdd then the acer logo flashes for half a second and a black screen appears with a static console cursor at the left upper corner nbsp I searched a lot in the topic wanted to reset the bios but Aspire E1-572G can't boot past Acer logo there is no jumper for this nor can I remove the bios battery I wanted to reflash the bios but I could not find proper instructions on this nbsp Please help me if there is any solution I could try at home Solved Go to Solution

Relevancy 99.33%

I have an aspire v5-471g, the windows is not booting and i cannot get into bios either. It shows acer logo then restarts and keep on doing the same thing. I've tried everything, every key even i removed the motherboard battery also but it doesnt help. The problem occured after upgrading it to windows 10, it did not support it and started showing blue screen and shortly after that it gave me this problem. When i press the power button it shows acer logo and keeps on restarting and doesnt starts the windows or goes to boot menu. Appreciate if someone could help.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/aspire-v5-471g-flashing-the-acer-logo-and-not-going-into-bios-or/td-p/443370
Relevancy 99.33%

I installed Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 on my Aspire One 725. I was then prompted to restart it after installation. However, the restart failed and I have not been able to load the netbook past the acer logo since then. I have tried several times to re-boot but not successful. Please help. 

A:Aspire one 725 - Failure to load past Acer Logo

First, try a cold boot by pressing and holding the power button till the system shuts off. Then power up again. Report back. Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-one-725-Failure-to-load-past-Acer-Logo/td-p/434183/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi all I'm hoping someone can give me a little help. Windows 10 needed to do a large update and I could'nt create enough space on the drive for this so I decided to do a system reset rather than uninstall everthing to create the space. As it stands now when powering on the logo screen comes on for a while then goes off and comes back on this loops indefinitely. So this is what I've tried:I can access the BIOS and have moved boot from USB FDD to the top because it made me feel betterCreated a windows 10 boot drive but it won't boot from it.Alt F10 takes me to recovery page which tells me its broke and required media is missingI can acces boot manager but the only option is to boot with windows boot managerAny help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Aspire E 11 wont boot past Acer logo

the first bootable device must be windows boot manager. if your windows 10 installation media is not booting, that means is not UEFI compatible. download the windows 10 iso file using the official Microsoft tool:http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 once done, use Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive, use the settings in its website main page:rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US plug the USB to your laptop, press F12 at boot and choose the USB flash drive. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-E-11-wont-boot-past-Acer-logo/td-p/464682
Relevancy 99.33%

I have an aspire v5-471g, the windows is not booting and i cannot get into bios either. It shows acer logo then restarts and keep on doing the same thing. I've tried everything, every key even i removed the motherboard battery also but it doesnt help. The problem occured after upgrading it to windows 10, it did not support it and started showing blue screen and shortly after that it gave me this problem. When i press the power button it shows acer logo and keeps on restarting and doesnt starts the windows or goes to boot menu. Appreciate if someone could help.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/aspire-v5-471g-flashing-the-acer-logo-and-not-going-into-bios-or/td-p/443370/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 98.47%

i just did an update of my bios in my acer aspire 4810t (Windows 7 Starter 32 bit) after update my laptop reboot, when its in the acer logo it freeze i tried to wait several minutes thinking that it might just configuring something in its setting but just no luck i tried to restart it several times even reboot it by pressing the power button it still freezes when i boot it up i tried to acess to bios setting by pressing F2 but nothing happens just a beep sound even when pressing other buttons to it just keep on beeping....sorry for my bad english please help me ASAP!!Spoiler (Highlight to read)

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/aspire-4810t-freeze-in-acer-logo-after-bios-update/td-p/449375
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello I am goes after logo laptop during Acer black windows 7520 screen boot working on an Acer laptop that boots Acer 7520 laptop screen goes black after windows logo during boot normally except for the screen going blank after the windows loading logo in Windows It does the same when booting to a Windows install disc It gets past the initial screen when copying files and then goes blank When connected to a second monitor the monitor shows quot video out of range quot I tried booting to safe mode and vga mode with no luck on both monitors The system loads into windows desktop as I can hear the sounds and I can power down using the start menu blindly The display works fine in the system BIOS and during the initial boot from disc or hard drive I am thinking the internal video card is bad but want to explore other options before giving up So far I have Tested all hardware Cloned a drive from another machine with a good OS Tried both the original Windows Vista OS and a new copy of Windows from both CD and hard drive Booted to VGA mode and safe mode Reset BIOS to defaults Please help me get this stubborn laptop to boot normally nbsp

Relevancy 93.31%

Hi, When I power up my Acer Aspire ES1-311 I get no screen output at all (not on an external monitor either). Can the issue be fixed? I would like to be able to flash the bios but I cant as Acer no longer provide the DOS files.They only provide an executeable. Is there a website where I could download the DOS files for my laptop? Many Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES1-311-BLACK-SCREEN/td-p/438709/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 93.31%

I recently installed a new version of Internet Explorer, since then my computer has been running very slow and now it only shows a black screen. Control-alt-del doesn't do anything. What gives? Did I download a virus? I tries running a virus scan when it was working, nothing came up. This computer is less than 2yrs old.

A:Acer Aspire Black screen

Can you see anything at all when you boot up the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/acer-aspire-black-screen-579637.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Most desktop monitors when inactive for periods of time usually preset in o s or altered for individual tastes saves electricity by powering down the monitor and let it quot sleep quot but any programs running on the cpu continue on unabated But with these Acer Aspire All-in-one compters are different i may be listening to an internet radio station and even though screen Aspire All-in-one black Acer it s not a computer program running after a time of inactivity of my manually working via my keyboard or something like that the screen goes Acer Aspire All-in-one black screen black and it kills the internet connection to the internet radio i am listening to Yes Acer Aspire All-in-one black screen if that happens i only have to jiggle or move my mouse to turn the screen back on but is a real pain to have to continually jar the mouse to keep the radio on Any ideas on how to avoid this black screen of killing my internet radio and downloads or anything going Acer Aspire All-in-one black screen on while the screen is active Thank you Tim nbsp

A:Acer Aspire All-in-one black screen

Control Panel, Power Options, click on Change advance power settings. In the box that pops up there is a long list of changes you can make. You could increase the time before your hard drive turns off. I have one for my wirless adapter with maximum performance down to low. Your lan may be listed if your not wireless. A combination of increasing the hdd time and lan may get you around the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-all-in-one-black-screen.1056258/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi I have an Acer i which is years old I can only see the blue light on 5742 acer the turn on button which remains for sec max i can hear harddisk and dvd sound My laptop starts for sec max and turns off if its on charging it keeps automatically restarting and turns off every sec i cannot even see acer s opening page neither i can get into bios I checked it with a local service centers went to different places And different people said different things said my motherboard s LAN unit got a short circuit i use LAN wire sometimes and thats not allowing it to turn it on he advised that he can diffuse the short circuit but noway he can repair or get a new LAN unit and for acer 5742 that he s charging alot The other Service center s man said that my Laptop s Bios got flashed out and bios should be installed which he s not getting it as its yrs old Their is no franchise or service center of acer never felt so helpless the company is selling their products but have no service centers Please if someone can help me out then it would be very kind Please i m not sure what i should do Where i can find Bios Please Help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-5742.1062650/
Relevancy 92.02%

The screen of my Acer Aspire E15 Touch goes black as soon as I plug it in to a power source. Works fine on battery alone, but not when it's connected to power. Help!

A:acer aspire screen goes black when I plug in to po...

I have the same issue.Have you recently installed Windows 10 upgrade.It maybe a coincidence that this was the first time i had used my charger since installing the upgrade.Does the screen come back on when you unplug the charger?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/acer-aspire-screen-goes-black-when-I-plug-in-to-power/td-p/380494/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 92.02%

I want to stream on twitch, but the built in mic isn't of a high enough quality. I bought a better one, but don't see an mic input anywhere. Only one which is for a single headset. The connector is  TRS 3.5mm 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Does the Acer Aspire V17 Nitro black edition have ...

normally headphone input works as microphone input too.you need an adapter like this one (just an example)http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Position-Headset-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B00CPEZ4J6/ref=sr_1_7?s=audi...

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Does-the-Acer-Aspire-V17-Nitro-black-edition-have-an-external/td-p/424778/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 92.02%

Its black screen after i reset the motherboard using cmos battery...i have tried to flash the bios using USB Flash Drive but it still cant......btw my HDD is now windows 10 but my original was windows 8 when i bought 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/My-acer-aspire-V5-471PG-black-screen/td-p/440523/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 92.02%

I have an acer aspire 4810t running windows 7 64 bit ....My screen is completely black. I can hook up an external monitor and it works fine. The laptop is now out of warranty. Any ideas on wht it could be and how to fix it.
Thanks,

A:Acer aspire 4810T black screen

Sounds like its either the LCD screen or the inverter or the backlight in the lcd screen.

Either way its a fairly easy fix since you just replace them.

Since its a 14" screen from what I could find, your looking at the $100 Range for a new LCD not including installation or an inverter if you need it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-4810t-black-screen.986381/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi. My webcam is not working. it is there on Device Manager and it states it it working properly. But i cant seem to turn on the camera. Need Help

A:My Acer Aspire v 17 Nitro Black edition does not r...

Type Camera in Windows search and see if it comes up.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/My-Acer-Aspire-v-17-Nitro-Black-edition-does-not-recognize-my/td-p/423762
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi. My webcam is not working. it is there on Device Manager and it states it it working properly. But i cant seem to turn on the camera. Need Help

A:My Acer Aspire v 17 Nitro Black edition does not r...

Type Camera in Windows search and see if it comes up.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/My-Acer-Aspire-v-17-Nitro-Black-edition-does-not-recognize-my/td-p/423762/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 92.02%

HI My Acer 5536 has black screenI updated from windows 7 to windows 10 hit restart everything looked like it was working okI turned it off and didn't go back to it for a few weeks.came to use it today it will not boot. just black screen. i can hear the fan runningi tried1 remove battery/power hold start button (tried 3 times 30 seconds/1 min/2min)..no luck2 hold light to screen to see if i can see faint image...can't see anything3 hold f8 on start up..no difference4 vga port to external screen..no sigh of life5 downloaded bios from acer put on flash drive hold fn/esc press start..again no sigh of lifecan anyone please give anything else to trythank youmo 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/acer-aspire-5536-black-screen/td-p/459850
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi Guys nbsp I have an acer aspire g I turned it off one night and went to turn it on the next day and now it won't boot up nbsp Doesn't show anything on the screen the power light comes on the keyboard back light turns on the media controls are still useable and the bluetooth light is on solid but the laptop doesn't display anything or seem to proceed any further as the bluetooth light would Aspire screen black Acer 5942g normally turn off no bluetooth module in this laptop nbsp nbsp I have tried the whole remove battery hold power button down and just turn on with AC adapter plugged in with no effect nbsp nbsp I've taken it apart and reseated the CPU and redid the thermal paste However I did Acer Aspire 5942g black screen notice that the old thermal paste has gone onto some of the resistors on the top Could this cause a short nbsp nbsp It's almost like it's stuck in a sleep mode nbsp nbsp Any suggestions would be highly helpful I'm worried that the board is dead but I can't find any replacements online nbsp Thanks Dan

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5942g-black-screen/td-p/438163/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 92.02%

Went to restart my laptop after noticing a restart and update prompt. After it downloaded the updates it looked as if it went to restart. But nothing happened screen went black, still has power and its charging my phone as I write this. Have tried the hard resets and have taken information from this site from people with similar problems but nothing has worked. Absolutely nothing comes on the screen when hard reset in light you can see power to the screen but it stays black. Anyone have similar issues? It's fairly new and not used too often.

A:Acer Aspire E 15 powers up black screen

Well after a full day of hard resets. acer logo with loading screen appeared. The last one i tried was power & f-12 seems to be back working. good ol acer......

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/acer-aspire-e-15-powers-up-black-screen/1901.html
Relevancy 92.02%

when i turn on my laptop all i get is a black screen, i get a thin rectangler box at the bottom of screen with a green bar going across. it acts like it is going to load but it never does. i have done the things listed under f8 with no luck. is there anything else i can do. im loosing business buy the day.

A:black screen on acer aspire 5335

Hi try running a repair from you install or recovery disc http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-repair-install-vista.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-on-acer-aspire-5335.916861/
Relevancy 92.02%

My acer aspire 7730z laptop has a black screen, I can see the desktop and use the computer normally with an external monitorm but the laptop screen is black, Running windows vista home premium. I tried flashing the bios but it did not bring the laptop screen back. Anyone else have this problem?

Relevancy 92.02%

My acer aspire laptop wouldn't let me close out I Tunes last night... wasn't responding when I tried to close. I enven hit the power button but nothing changes, so I closed the lap top with the screen still showing the I Tunes screen and went to be.
This morning I opened it up and tried to get it going but can't get a response... only a black screen. Can you tell me what I've done and how to fix it?
Thanks!

A:Solved: black screen on acer aspire

Hi and welcome to TSG.

I am no laptop expert but will try and give you some things to check.

Have you managed to turn the laptop off? Try holding down the power button for up to 10 seconds, this should turn it off.
When you turn it back on do you get anything at all on the screen? Does everything else respond normally, just as if it was booting up (apart from the screen), ie, power light on, hard drive light flashing etc?

If you can't see anything on the screen easily try shining a good torch directly at the screen when you turn it on, and look at it closely, if you can see the normal image by using the torch that would imply that you backlight has failed.

Another possible problem could be the inverter for the screen, these can be changed on most (if not all) laptops. On many it isn't a particularly difficult job (bit fiddly though) but if you are unsure it may be worth getting it checked by a recognised engineer. If you want to try it yourself there are guides on the internet for many makes and models of laptop and I am sure people here will help / guide you through it.

I am leaning toward one of those two because it was left on overnight with the screen locked, this could burn something out, although the screen should turn off when you close the case anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-on-acer-aspire.871817/
Relevancy 92.02%

On boot up I get a dark screen with a flasing cursor. Some keys beep when pressed. 722-0473

A:My Acer Aspire One has a black screen with flashin...

If you have a copy of a windows disk you can boot from a (No CD/DVD drive?) USB and select repair my computer, navigate to command prompt and run these commands, one at a time,
Bootrec.exebcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backupc:cd bootattrib bcd -s -h -rren c:\boot\bcd bcd.oldbootrec /RebuildBcdbootrec /fixmbbootrec /fixbootRemove recovery disk and boot from hard drive (don't forget to set the boot option back to HD).

Some people say this works
Push start and immediately hold down start button until it shuts off. Do this three more times, but the third time don't hold the start button. Just leave it and let it run. Do have power cord plugged in. Give it a couple hours or so. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-Acer-Aspire-One-has-a-black-screen-with-flashing-cursor/td-p/424315/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 92.02%

My acer aspire one d255e is not showing any display since today morning .i can heard the Windows log in sound but I can't see.how can I fix it ?

A:My acer aspire one d255e black screen

>>>i can heard the Windows log in sound >>> This is actually a good sign. Try to toggle the screen on and off with the Fn+F5 or Fn+F6 toggle key combos. If this doesn't work, try to HDMI or VGA out to a TV set or external monitor with the same toggle key combos. Report back. Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-acer-aspire-one-d255e-black-screen/td-p/442509
Relevancy 92.02%

My screen went black after long transportation and is probably physically broken.
Unfortunately during several attempts to upgrade windows 8.1 to 10 the Intel graphic driver was inactivated so I can no longer use laptop with neither hdmi nor vga cable.

I've tried to remove cmos battery in order to reset BIOS without success.
Also tried to flash BIOS Q5WV1221.exe file from a USB-stick (fat32) pressing Fn + Esc + power button without success.

Would it activate Intel Graphic driver to flash BIOS with USB-stick? How is that done?
Any suggestions how to activate Intel Graphic driver with a totally black screen?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/black-screen-on-acer-aspire-v3-571g-1150521.html
Relevancy 92.02%

hi,im having a problem, my e5-571 will not boot. i turn it on, the light turns on aswell, and i can clrealy hear the fan starting to work. but all i get is a black screen. no boot screen no logo no nothing.i tried taking out the RAM and back in, doing the whole f2, f8, f10, f12 thing, but nothing.i read an article that say a bios recovery will solve the problem.i tried doing it using a usb stick and bios files from the support site, but nothing happened. it seems that it havnt started a recovery.i have no idea how to fix this problem and i would be happy to get your help!thanks!!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/acer-aspire-e5-571-black-screen-will-not-boot/td-p/461855
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi Guys nbsp I have an acer aspire g I turned it off one screen Acer black Aspire 5942g night and went to turn it on the next day and now it won't boot up nbsp Doesn't show anything on the screen the power light comes on the keyboard back light turns on the media controls are still useable and the bluetooth light is on solid but the laptop doesn't display anything or seem to proceed any further as the bluetooth light would normally turn off no bluetooth module in this laptop nbsp nbsp I have tried the whole remove battery hold power button down and just turn on with AC adapter plugged Acer Aspire 5942g black screen in with no effect nbsp nbsp I've taken it apart and reseated the CPU and redid the thermal paste However I did notice that the old thermal paste has gone onto some of the resistors on the top Could this cause a short nbsp nbsp It's almost like it's stuck in a sleep mode nbsp nbsp Any suggestions would be highly helpful I'm worried that the board is dead but I can't find any replacements online nbsp Thanks Dan

A:Acer Aspire 5942g black screen

Try powering up the laptop as if to normally boot. Do you hear any Windows welcoming tones as if the computer actually booted but with no display? If so, have you tried to simply toggle the screen on and off with the Fn+F5 or Fn+F6 key combinations? Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5942g-black-screen/td-p/438163
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello everyone, i am new to this forum and i believe my salvation will come from here, i used my laptop two days ago at about 9pm and when i was about going to bed, i unplugged its cable and shut it down normally. Rising up from bed at about 6am, i decided to check my mails, immediately i pressed the power button, i could only see the power on light and hear the fan but my screen remained dormant. I did all i could but my screen remained black. I wonder what could have happened overnight. Please i need urgent help, i use my laptop very often and i just cant do without it. please help me, here is my email [email protected] please send me any suggestions. I RELY ON YOU

*Removed email per TSF policy "No help by PM or email" ~GZ

A:Acer Aspire 5535 with Black Screen

Hello, Welcome to TSF.

Turn on laptop, have a flash light ready give it time to get to desktop.

Shine the flashlight into the screen holding it pretty close, moving it around to see if you can see anything in background of screen.

Are you able to see anything?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5535-with-black-screen-672056.html
Relevancy 92.02%

My screen went black after long transportation and is probally physically broken.Unfortunately during several attempts to upgrade windows 8.1 to 10 Intel graphic driver was inactivated so I can no longer use laptop with neither hdmi nor vga cable. I've tried to remove cmos battery in order to reset BIOS without success.Also tried to flash BIOS Q5WV1221.exe file from a USB-stick (fat32) pressing Fn + Esc + power button without success.Would it activate Intel Graphic driver to flash BIOS with USB-stick? How is that done?Any suggestions how to activate Intel Graphic driver with a totally black screen? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Black-screen-on-Acer-Aspire-V3-571G/td-p/448136
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi All. I have an acer aspire 5542 with windows 7 64-bitAfter I replaced the fan and speakers the laptop worked perfectly but wanted to do a large amount of updates every time I shut it down and powered it up again. I think there were 101 updates it did and it was working perfectly afterwards until I shut it down which it did at it's usual speed. when I turn it on now all I get is a black screen. I can hear the fan running and the DVD tray opens and closes normally.Please can anyone help me.

A:Hi All. I have an acer aspire 5542. Black screen.

if u can just wpie the drive and do a fresh reinstall of os

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Hi-All-I-have-an-acer-aspire-5542-Black-screen/td-p/422571/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 92.02%

Power is on (white or orange light on upper left of keyboard) but cannot get screen to respond. On UTube there is a video concerning a different Acer that downloads some software. Would this work? And could I download this Acer repair software to a memorystick on my Mac to then insert into the black screen Acer to activate . Many thanks in advance for your help.

A:Acer Aspire 4810T black screen

Post a link to that Utube video please so I can watch it myself, then I'll try to answer your question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-4810t-black-screen.1089169/
Relevancy 92.02%

My acer aspire one d255e is not showing any display since today morning .i can heard the Windows log in sound but I can't see.how can I fix it ?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-acer-aspire-one-d255e-black-screen/td-p/442509/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello my new Acer Aspire Notebook has my IE homepage stuck to global acer com and I can t change it through any of the IE options Use Blank Use Current or typing it in manually - I m trying to set it to Google I went to this page to solve the problem http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb EN-US q Home page setting changes unexpectedly or you cannot change your home page setting As per Microsoft s instructions I tried changing the quot Start Page quot value in quot HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot but I got the following error quot Cannot edit Start Page Homepage Explorer Can't Acer on Aspire (global.acer.com) Change Internet Notebook Error writing the value s new contents quot There was no quot Default Page URL quot entry in there I was able to change the quot Default Page URL quot value to quot Google com quot under quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot and the quot Start Page quot value in there was already set to quot http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd SUB PRD amp clcid SUB CLSID amp pver SUB PVER amp ar home quot The quot Default Page URL quot and quot Start Page quot entries don t exist in the quot HKEY USERS Default Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot key Lastly the quot HKEY CURRENT USER Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook quot subkey doesn t exist either I would Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook appreciate any help you could give me thanks nbsp

A:Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-internet-explorer-homepage-global-acer-com-on-acer-aspire-notebook.493639/
Relevancy 91.59%

I restarted my computer like normal and for whatever reason the computer is now stuck at the Acer boot screen. I try to press DEL to enter Setup and I even tried pressing F12 to go into the Boot Setup, but for whatever reason the computer does not respond to anything.

To shut it off I have to hold down the power button and eventually it shuts off.

Stuff to know:
- I have a wireless mouse and keyboard being used on that desktop.. Should I perhaps try to plug in a corded mouse and keyboard?
- I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate.
Thanks

Relevancy 91.16%

Hi guys!
I have a BSOD problem during the games and videoclips. I think it's a graphic card problem. I don't know how to solve it. I've installed all the graphic updates from Nvidia but there is no change.
ACER ASPIRE 5742G - 4 months old
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 . I have installed it 4 months ago.
Intel Core I3 M380 2,53Ghz
4096 Mb
nvidia Geforce GT540M CUDA 1Gb
HDD WD 500GB 5400rpm

I have installed it 4 months ago.

A:bsod acer 5742 g

Quote: Originally Posted by darian

Hi guys!
I have a BSOD problem during the games and videoclips. I think it's a graphic card problem. I don't know how to solve it. I've installed all the graphic updates from Nvidia but there is no change.
ACER ASPIRE 5742G - 4 months old
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 . I have installed it 4 months ago.
Intel Core I3 M380 2,53Ghz
4096 Mb
nvidia Geforce GT540M CUDA 1Gb
HDD WD 500GB 5400rpm

I have installed it 4 months ago.

"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception.

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting - Windows 7 Forums STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/173469-bsod-acer-5742-g.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi everyone I'm at my wits end! I cannot get my webcam to work. I have tried numerous options posted in different forums and on websites but nothing seems to work. Even when I went to the Acer update driver search site. When I added my model number I got about a dozen driver options but as soon as I put in my OS Windows 7 (64 Bit) it came back with no drivers. I've noticed in a number of forums that peoples webcams where working fine in Windows XP but when they updated to Windows 7 they lose the ability for their computers to find their webcams. Is this an inherent problem with Windows 7 and is there anyway to fix it short of buying an external webcam. Surly there must be a way to get it to work !!!
Regards Brett.

A:Acer Crystal Eye Webcam will not work on Acer Aspire 5560

Hi Brett ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Does the Webcam show in the Device Manager ? ...

Do you have any errors in the Device Manager ...?
Have you tried the Cyberlink WebCam Application 1.0.1523 23.6 MB ? ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351235-acer-crystal-eye-webcam-will-not-work-acer-aspire-5560-a.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hey There First of all I'm a studend so I can't speek good english cause I live in Switzerland plz write in German if you can So my Problem I've found a Acer Aspire G with Windows Vista This was so slow and annoying So I deleded the whole OS and installed Win Home Premium x Now I'm searching some drivers for my Notebook My biggest Problem is the sound driver In Vista there was a tool called quot Acer eAudio Manager quot I want to install it because you can switch the equalizer to movie music with on Manager eAudio 7 Acer Aspire Windows Acer 5920G and game and it sounds awesome with the bassbooster D I've downloaded the driver from the website and there was a error quot This software can only be installed in authorized machine quot what can I do to Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 install this tool Some other tools like acer power management or acer enet management works great I thought I ask in this forum because there were some good topics about the mouspad and synaptic of the G wich helped Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 me D I hope you understand my question and can help me Greetings LikeLinux And yes I'm a real Linux fan I've used always Ubuntu This is the first time that I use Windows

A:Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7

Bing Translator

Try installing the driver in compatability mode.

Read this tutorial.
Compatibility Mode
Let us know if it works or does not work.
Mike

Installieren Sie den Treiber in Compatability Mode.

Lesen Sie dieses Tutorial.
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=de&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sevenforums.com%2Ftutorials%2F316-compatibility-mode.html

Lassen Sie uns wissen Sie, wenn es funktioniert oder nicht funktioniert.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/133756-acer-eaudio-manager-acer-aspire-5920g-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Previously, this button would open Windows Media Center when pressed. Though it has stopped doing that and don't know why. How can I fix this?
All the other Mediatouch keys are working fine.
http://dalscan.samsalisbury.net/results.php?id=7c3d6622ef53857e3cfe4471330d88c0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-5920g-acer-arcade-button.804166/
Relevancy 91.16%

My system is roughly months old I had used the upgrade software that Acer provided to upgrade from Vista to home premium There was no issues with the install and everything worked great for a month and then it started going in to Acer M3203 Windows software Acer's upgrade and Aspire 7 deep hibernation The only way to wake it was to unplug Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software the power from the tower I did everything I could think of from editing the registry to updating drivers to finally reinstalling everything No go so I packed it up and sent it back to Acer I just got it back from Acer's repair depot They had to replace the motherboard hard drive and fans on the system They performed a factory restore and told me that I was good to go and updating shouldn't be an issue I went to use the upgrade dvd's from Acer and low and behold the hibernation thing started again It took me four attempts to restore it back to factory Now it seems stable running Vista I am in the process up updating the drivers and windows stuff so time will tell Is it me or is Acer systems flakey Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can go about updating to Windows without having to format every week I have tried doing clean installs without going the upgrade path and it still behaves badly Sometimes it won't even turn on Or is it just possible that the pc I purchased just can't handle Windows

A:Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software

Are you booting the Acer Win7 Upgrade Media DVD to do a clean install? You can do that to get the cleanest possible install, without the corruption that is imported from Vista in an in-place Upgrade.

The installer is driver-complete, but afterwards any missing drivers which don't quickly arrive in Optional Windows Updates can be found on the apps/drivers CD along with favorite apps like Works, cam, etc. Others can be found on the Acer Support Downloads webpage for your model computer, Adobe (flash, Reader) and Java (runtime, free Ofc suite) sites.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74525-acer-aspire-m3203-acers-windows-7-upgrade-software.html
Relevancy 91.16%

This just started happening 2 days ago.  I had left the laptop on for a good month (mostly idle) while I was gone for remote access.  I came back, powered it off. Powered on, just a black/blank screen and lit keyboard.  No sounds.   Any suggestions?  I tried power off and then power on with no plugged items for 30 seconds (from google search tip).  

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V15-Nitro-Black-Edition-4k-powers-on-to-black-screen/td-p/464824
Relevancy 91.16%

Sometimes it says automatic repair on the loading screen then goes black, or after the loading screen it goes black, tried most key controls and they havn't worked, can someone tell me which Bios to download and how to do it because I'm pretty sure thats the only thing left to do before i throw it at the wall.

A:My Acer Aspire V5-571P has Black Screen of Death. ...

Hello wnepi2,

You should read this topic (Chigers): black screen - flash bios V5-571
You have the same setup bios utility (V5-531 or V5-571): Phoenix SecureCore Tiano BIOS

To summarize:
1- Download the bios file on the acer support website
2- If it's necessary (Windows version), extract the self-extratible file (*.exe) contained in the zip
    file with 7-zip
3- Format an USB flash drive to FAT or FAT32
4- Copy all files on this one (contained in the Dos or Windows(#2) folder)
5- Follow the instructions of Chigers to recorver the bios

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/My-Acer-Aspire-V5-571P-has-Black-Screen-of-Death-HELP/td-p/334407
Relevancy 91.16%

I have an Acer Apsire 7741z and it starts up without an issue, the screen appears without any problems but after about 10 to 15 minutes the screen begins to flicker and then goes blank but the laptop is still running. I then let it cool down for about 5 minutes and turn it back on and it starts up and the screen again flickers and goes blank. I tried hooking it up to an external monitor but it's doing the same thing with the monitor (it goes blank and I get the No Signal message) What can it be? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me with.

Relevancy 91.16%

Hi, I bought my Aspire V 15 Nitro Black Edition 6 month ago. Today my touchpad stopped working.The cursor disappeared, and no click or touch gestures on the touchpad would work. I tried reboot, still not working.Then I tried re-installing the drivers from the Acer Support website (TouchPad_Synaptics_18.1.22.2_W81x64) and rebooted.Still not working and now the touchpad is gone from the Windows device manager. At least USB mouse is working, but I'm working a lot with the touchpad so I really don't want to live without it. Any ideas how this can be fixed? Thanks a lot!

A:Touchpad issue with Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro Black E...

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. This is amazing to spend 1000? for a laptop with an horrible touchpad.  ACER, FIND A SOLUTION !

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Touchpad-issue-with-Acer-Aspire-V-15-Nitro-Black-Edition-Aspire/td-p/360588
Relevancy 91.16%

I have an Acer Apsire 7741z and it starts up without an issue, the screen appears without any problems but after about 10 to 15 minutes the screen begins to flicker and then goes blank but the laptop is still running. I then let it cool down for about 5 minutes and turn it back on and it starts up and the screen again flickers and goes blank. I tried hooking it up to an external monitor but it's doing the same thing with the monitor (it goes blank and I get the No Signal message) What can it be? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me with.

A:ACER Aspire 7741z Screen Goes Flickers and Goes Black

please only start one thread for the same problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-7741z-screen-goes-flickers-and-goes-black.1080977/
Relevancy 91.16%

I know this has been asked before but the answers given have not worked.1.  Edit the registery.2.  Disable fast startup.I have an Acer Aspire V17 Nitro Black (VN7-791G) with Windows 8.1.  I want Num Lock on always.  When I boot the machine in the morning it is off.  When I wake the machine after a period of inactivity it is off.  I have edited the registry under the keyboard settings per other replys in these forums with no change.  I have disabled fast startup per replys in these forums again with no change.  I contacted Microsux because I think it is a windows issue but they said to contact Acer.  Acer chat is of no use they want you to pay them to modify the registry.  So here I and I believe others are stuck with a machine that does its own thing.

A:Acer Aspire V17 Nitro Black Number Lock

the registry editing was with this values?HKEY_USERS\Default\Control Panel\Keyboard\InitialKeyboardIndicators value was "2147483648" change value to 2147483650

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V17-Nitro-Black-Number-Lock/td-p/359947/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 91.16%

My Acer Aspire V had Windows I installed Windows and all seemed fine until Acer said I needed new driver updates After doing them the computer will not boot past the installe... Black Aspire Acer screen V5-122P in after screen with the Acer logo After that the screen goes black I have been told to uninstall the driver can't get in to do that Been told to go back to Windows can't get in to do that One person hooked hers to another monitor and could see to do those I don't have HDMI ports or a disk drive I just have USB ports I have shut it off and on many times still no luck getting to a useable screen Control alt delete does nothing I was told to hit the space bar then type in my password and it should go in did that too no luck How can this update cause so many issues Can anyone help please I do not have the money to go to a repair tech Thank you in advance for any help

A:Black screen in Acer Aspire V5-122P after installe...

try this: at boot press ALT+F10 this will start Acer/windows recovery. From the Recovery screen Click on Troubleshoot. Click on Advanced Options. Click on Startup Settings. Click on Restart. The PC will now reboot to the Startup Settings screen. Press 4 to Enable Safe Mode as prompted. once in Safe mode, go to Device manager, click on Display adapters, right click on your VGA and choose uninstall(tick to uninstall software too).

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Black-screen-in-Acer-Aspire-V5-122P-after-installed-Windows-10/td-p/424826/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 91.16%

My Acer aspire V5-122p-0408 touch screen laptop comes on and shows the Acer logo with the circle spinning, the screen goes black then after a min. The Acer logo shows but no circle and it won't do anything like it's froze! Please someone help??? 

A:Acer aspire V5-122p-0408 screen goes black then Ac...

Unplug it, turn it over and locate the tiny hole in the bottom. Use a paperclip or Etc. to GENTLY push into the hole until you feel a click. See if it will boot.Do you have anything plugged in? Maybe a sdcard left in the slot? USB mouse? Printer cable? Unplug everything. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-aspire-V5-122p-0408-screen-goes-black-then-Acer-logo/td-p/426989
Relevancy 91.16%

My Acer Aspire is about 18 months old and I am encountering a problem for a few days now that had never happened before. Usually what happens is I'm playing a game and if I want to make a change in the screen resolution or if I do ctrl+alt+suppr the screen turns black and nothing works. The mouse pointer doesn't appear, the keyboard doesn't answer and my only solution is to force it off by pressing the power button for a few seconds and to turn it back on.I thought it was due to hard drive used at 100% but it seems not, and I really have no idea what it could be. The thing is I've noticed several problems of screen freezing and laptop being slower than usual right after I had installed Windows 10 (about 3 weeks ago). Could this be related?I really need help, please this laptop was already 1000$ I'm not buying a new one so soon.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V-Nitro-shutdown-black-screen/td-p/445833/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello everyone , yesterday i've received my new laptop acer vn7-792g , it's all great , comfortable , everything seems fine except 2 things. Battery (any ideas if its possible to remove it , because immo i'll screw the battery if its IN the laptop permanently especially when im gaming) and the second problem is Heating (i dont really know if its a problem) so while im not playing anything these are my temperatures --> https://postimg.org/image/uwuxodqbr and while gaming this is what is happening --> https://postimg.org/image/d3xfgtipt/ (once measured about 85 C GPU!!) Is that normal?? Please any helpful ideas.. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-VN7-792G-V17-Nitro-Black-Edition-Heat-issues/td-p/448156
Relevancy 91.16%

Any fix for Black Screen with white cursor? Brand new PC.

A:Black Screen on startup - Acer Aspire AZC-700G-UW6...

try this:at boot press ALT+F10 or after entering your password to login, keep pressing Shift key, this will start Acer/windows recovery.From the Recovery screenClick on Troubleshoot.Click on Advanced Options.Click on Startup Settings.Click on Restart.The PC will now reboot to the Startup Settings screen.Press 4 to Enable Safe Mode as prompted. once in Safe mode, go to Device manager, click on Display adapters, right click on your VGA and choose uninstall(tick to uninstall software too).

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Black-Screen-on-startup-Acer-Aspire-AZC-700G-UW61/td-p/405915/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 91.16%

I have a Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro-Black Edition. Its laptop has stopped working none of the keys are responding ..I cant enter bios too through the keyboard. Please help me resolve the problem..

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V-15-Nitro-Black-Edition-Keyboard-has-stopped/td-p/440049/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello there!
I have notebook acer aspire 5930 and I encountered problems with it!
So the thing is, when i play games or doing something what eats tonzz of resources
my display pops black, but the notebook is still running!
Sometimes the screen pops black even if I started the game and played only for 2 minutes!
I thought it`s hardware problem ( I mean display is dead), but when u restart the pc everything works fine! Display pops black when u start doing something what eats resources!
my warranty is expired so i can try to fix it by my self!
Please help me to fix this major problem!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5930-display-pops-black.1004161/
Relevancy 91.16%

My Acer Aspire is about 18 months old and I am encountering a problem for a few days now that had never happened before. Usually what happens is I'm playing a game and if I want to make a change in the screen resolution or if I do ctrl+alt+suppr the screen turns black and nothing works. The mouse pointer doesn't appear, the keyboard doesn't answer and my only solution is to force it off by pressing the power button for a few seconds and to turn it back on.I thought it was due to hard drive used at 100% but it seems not, and I really have no idea what it could be. The thing is I've noticed several problems of screen freezing and laptop being slower than usual right after I had installed Windows 10 (about 3 weeks ago). Could this be related?I really need help, please this laptop was already 1000$ I'm not buying a new one so soon.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V-Nitro-shutdown-black-screen/td-p/445833
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello all I have an Acer Aspire - with gb pc s sodimm ram gb Hard drive windows home prem this all started when I tried to Acer aspire with death screen Black of 9410 upgrade Ram with a GB PC Sodimm in slot I have been running windows on gb for a year with no Acer aspire 9410 with Black screen of death issues When trying to boot the power light turns on and a light on the left of the keyboard that looks like a square above the Numlock and capslock lights comes on The DVD drive cycles and looks for a disk to boot the everything halts no screen just black I removed the GB stick from slot and traid again to same problem I hooked up an external monitor to make sure the Acer aspire 9410 with Black screen of death LCD Inverter or cable didn't coincidentally crap out I moved the Gb to slot Same results I removed all ram Hard drive wireless card same result not even a no ram warning beep I believe my bios crapped out while trying to update to the extra gb ram stick Is there a way to flash the bios without it being able to boot any help is appriciated

A:Acer aspire 9410 with Black screen of death

You can try removing the cmos battery and that should reset it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271028-acer-aspire-9410-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I have an acer aspire v3-571gOn trying to boot up my laptop by pushing the power button, the leds light up and the fan starts ( I can hear it spin) and the laptop starts but the screen remains black and does not even light up. The screen remains pitch black without any change at all.After force-shutdown 12 to 13 times, I rebooted my laptop and the screen suddenly started working.This happened once before as well and I didn't think much of it untill it happened again. I don't understand why the screen randomly chose to black out and not respond until after several restarts. I tried removing the battery, pressing power button for about 30 seconds, rebooting, starting without battery (with power source) and nothing worked. It randomly and unexpectedly started working (just like it had stopped).

A:Pitch Black Screen on power on (Acer Aspire V3-571...

During these random black screen episodes, do you think that Windows actually loads perhaps by hearing the sound of the Windows start melody? Also, is it possible that you somehow inadvertantly toggled the display off, that is, the Fn+F5 display toggle key combo switch? Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Pitch-Black-Screen-on-power-on-Acer-Aspire-V3-571G-with-leds/td-p/306964