Windows Support Forum

[SOLVED] Windows Vista reinstall other devices locked, no drivers cannot load drivers

Q: [SOLVED] Windows Vista reinstall other devices locked, no drivers cannot load drivers

I had to reinstall windows Vista Business on an Acer Aspire AX1200-U1640A 2GB install went well but when I tried to set up my internet, wireless did not show, I called my internet provider we tried to set it up as broadband but that didn't work either. It seems I do not have the drivers for the Ethernet Controller and other things listed under other devices see pictures in attached document. Since I do not have the internet on that computer, I downloaded the Ethernet driver from Acer to a jump drive but I cannot get it to work. Please advise for all "other devices" with the same problem. Oh, yes the Ethernet cord is plugged in and my laptop has wifi. Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: [SOLVED] Windows Vista reinstall other devices locked, no drivers cannot load drivers

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: [SOLVED] Windows Vista reinstall other devices locked, no drivers cannot load drivers

Hi go to acer support page and download and install the chipset driver then try the lan driver
Relevancy 95.89%

Hello I recently bought a Royal Laptop with Windows It has a mhz MMX Processor with a GB Hard-drive Cannot 98! drivers load reinstall Windows {Duplicate} to CDROM and a mb RAM I did not get the laptop with a CDROM drive {Duplicate} Cannot load CDROM drivers to reinstall Windows 98! and just bought one a couple of weeks ago It is a X CDROM with a PC-MCIA card I could use the CDROM drive fine in Windows but Windows was giving me a lot of problems so I decided to reinstall it Thus I reformatted my computer and rebooted it with a boot disk with the CDROM drivers I have all the necessary lines in my config sys and autoexec bat files However after countless tries I am still unable to access my CDROM drive My computer loads the Autoexec bat and Config sys files loads the D drive with the CDROM drivers and after a long time finally goes to the command prompt During this time the computer powers up my CDROM drive and it seems like it is trying to read it However when I try to access my D drive by typing perhaps the quot dir quot command it gives an error message saying it cannot read the drive and asks me to Abort Retry or Fail during which I have to Abort I contaced the tech support of the CDROM drive company many times and they said that the rechargable batteries and the laptop might not be providing enough power in DOS mode and asked me to buy a PS Adapter for it Would this fix the problem Is there any other way to access my CDROM drive I would sincerely appreciate any help Thanks This message has been edited by skysurf edited - - nbsp

Relevancy 94.6%

My PC runs Vista Home Premium Until last December it worked almost perfectly I tried hooking up a hard drive using one of those kits that lets you hook up an internal drive to a USB port The drive was usable but Windows says quot Installing device driver software quot in the system tray with the annoying green ball that keeps circling like it s actually doing something Now just about any USB device gets the same response The computer slows to a crawl and it never installs the damn driver If the device is a hard drive it will show up and I can use it but if it s any other kind of device it won t work ipod won t show up in iTunes webcam doesn t work I flashed the BIOS and installed chipset drivers from the manufacturer s website but no luck Any clues or am I just screwed because it s Vista I ve tried a billion things to fix this issue but I m willing to start from scratch if someone s willing to help nbsp

Relevancy 91.16%

Skipping the long story I'll just say that I had to wipe my drive and Just need drivers reinstall to [SOLVED] Vista: reinstalled permission reinstall Vista from scratch I knew I was going to have to do it before my computer completely choked though so I went to [SOLVED] Just reinstalled Vista: need permission to reinstall drivers the Drivers folder and copied everything directly onto an external harddrive I thought I could then reinstall Vista from a disk copy paste the drivers for my hardware and I'd be good to go I have reinstalled Vista I didn't get a disk with the laptop so this was a general Windows setup disk that I got from somebody else without my laptop's drivers on it w my own key of course and all went well with that I have however mediocre sound and video no wireless etc So I copied pasted my drivers into the Drivers folder Except when I did I had to skip overwriting quot conflicts quot because I didn't have permission to do that I tried to change the quot Read Only quot setting on the folder but I got the same message about permission and access being denied So I can't install all my drivers and I suspect if I could everything would start working Is there anyway I can get Vista to let me do this or am I going about it the wrong way

A:[SOLVED] Just reinstalled Vista: need permission to reinstall drivers

You could go to the manufacture web site of the laptop and download the drivers save to disk or flash drive from the computer you are on now and transfer them to the laptop.
Relevancy 89.44%

I have 2 DVD devices:
Pioneer DVD RW DVR-107D ATA device & Sony DVD-ROM DDU1612 ATA device.

I have upgraded to Vista Ultimate after using these devices for a couple of years, and now they are not working.

In Device Manager, they are listed, with errors, saying Windows cannot load the drivers for these devices?

I have looked for new Vista drivers to download for these without luck.
Can anyone help with some advice. Thankyou.
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello everyone I m having an issue which originally started with my girlfriend s laptop not recognizing installing her iPod Touch I Googled the issue Windows Solved: USB won't drivers reinstall and one of the suggestions was to uninstall all items under the Universal Serial Bus tab in the Device Manager After restarting Windows initially recognizes the USB ports and attempts to reinstall the drivers After a minute or two I get an error message that says Found New Hardware Wizard - Universal Serial Bus USB Controller Windows experienced a problem installing the driver software for your device Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - This operation requires an interactive window station This window pops up for each additional item that was listed in the Device Manager All of the items end up under Unknown Device This issue has also disabled her media card reader which she uses quite frequently I have tried several things to correct this including the registry edit that was posted on this forum for someone having a similar problem I have also tried -Downloaded the chipset drivers from the Dell website when I try to install them the installation fails An unknown error has occured setup Solved: Windows won't reinstall USB drivers will exit -Downloaded the driver for the Realtek card reader from Dell the install also fails cannot install OEM driver -Pressed F during startup and loaded setup defaults The laptop is a Dell Inspiron less than a year old Windows Vista Home Basic -bit Service Pack Intel Celeron GHz GB RAM Any help would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 86.86%

I was stupid enough to try one of those theme installations SHAME ON ME this time it was a Vista OSX Vista Theme kind of pack Uninstalling it was an issue and I tried my best to follow some instructions renaming some dll files to bak and renaming final files to dll - So after the reboot Vista did not boot up vista loads then black screen with cursor so I tried the system repair from the vista dvd Nothing worked as either it couldn t load drivers or couldn t find any recovery points or find my two partitions by driver do they mean hdd driver I m wondering whether I can still to a system repair from the dvd with someone s help HDD wd gb sata- hard drive Safe mode also didn t work I tried out a few results from google with command prompt in system repair but no luck Thank you in advance EDIT Startup Repair diagnosis and repair log --------------------------- Number of repair attempts Session details --------------------------- System Disk Windows directory AutoChk Run Number of root causes Test Performed --------------------------- Name Check for updates Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed --------------------------- Name System disk test Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Root cause found --------------------------- A Vista drivers...unusabl found, not can't not Solved: os load Ultimate 64-bit booting, hard disk could not be found If a hard disk is installed it is not responding --------------------------- --------------------------- nbsp

A:Solved: Vista 64-bit Ultimate not booting, os not found, can't load drivers...unusabl
Relevancy 86.43%

Hoping you can help We have done a new install of Win bit OEM across disks gb for the OS C gb for work D All was fine until booting last night Booted and logged in came up with an error message quot C program files x cyberlink power go xxx dll is either not compatible with this operating system or is corrupt and cannot be loaded quot my apologies I did not note the precise name of the DLL And the drivers for the audio and the network card wouldn't work all with the yellow exclamation mark in the device manager list Ran the drivers load error 7 won't after repair disk 64 bit Win reinstall / diagnostic tools which advised there were errors on the C drive and chkdsk should be run scheduled this to run on next reboot but this failed so went to the repair functions on the OS CD Ran the repair utility from the operating system from the original CD This seems to have repaired the Win 7 64 bit won't load / reinstall drivers after disk error repair disk but the dll error remained Uninstalled Cyberlink power go which stops this error but the drivers for audio and network Win 7 64 bit won't load / reinstall drivers after disk error repair still won't load or re-install and I'm now stuck Could you kindly advise what I should do next Incidently the gb hard disk SMART monitoring reported no errors or impending failure when we installed the operating system The machine is used mainly for Win 7 64 bit won't load / reinstall drivers after disk error repair video work using adobe premier pro Thanks once again

A:Win 7 64 bit won't load / reinstall drivers after disk error repair

If OEM version used for re-install that came with the system, it dictates what goes where. Is the 240GB HDD the original drive?

If so, re-install Windows 7 and let it handle Disk Management. You can always shrink the OS partition to make up another if you wish.

Regards. . .

Relevancy 82.56%

Hi all until last night everything was ok After I'd cleaned the computer and plugged everything back in windows decides it can't find drivers for any of my usb devices keyboard drivers, usb its hardware devices Most won't find Vista install can't mouse camera gamepad Vista can't find its hardware drivers, Most usb devices won't install joystick When it finds them it says new hardware found with choices Locate and install driver Ask me again later Don't show this message again So I click the first option and it searches for drivers but 'Could not find driver software' I then click 'Check online for a solution' with no luck These devices are so basic that the manufacturers don't supply drivers for the products they should all be with the OS What can I do guys I'm a keen photographer and not being able to upload my photos via the camera or card reader is a real issue for me By the way the above process happens for all the usb hardware I have except the printer usb flash drive mouse and keyboard luckily

A:Vista can't find its hardware drivers, Most usb devices won't install

in the device manager click on view at the top and show hidden devices
then uninstall all usb listings
turn the computer off and unplug all usb
reboot twice and replug in usb
Relevancy 82.56%

I was actually getting ready to post here about my x problem but reading other posts realized that my motherboard drivers were freakishly out of date versions forgot about them last time I was installing a system I dled all new ones installed them all performed a restart and then used newly installed ASUS Suite to update my BIOS Not sure if that's relevant but after that last successful startup there was a bunch on popups asking for promision to launch several application related to the driver update I imagine I agreed to all of those and nothing beyond that happened I did not restart computer again before performing BIOS upgrade BIOS itself seems to work just fine When I attempted to start system with new BIOS my computer restarts about Drivers" Windows install to option. drivers How Recovery "Load using sec after starting animation begins I can only launch it in quot Startup Repair quot mode and it communicates that automatic repair was impossible For those reasons i can't provide that archive with dumps and whatnot Safe Mode isn't working either I'll rewrite problem signature quot System Repair quot provided Problem Event How to install drivers using Windows Recovery "Load Drivers" option. Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature unknown AutoFailover BadDriver OS Version Locale ID Forgive me shitty formatting but am on the phone right now

A:How to install drivers using Windows Recovery "Load Drivers" option.

See if you can do a system restore from boot (option two here - System Restore )
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello all for a freind im working on this compaq seris computer celeron of pc ram gig harddrive Its running windows xp and they use the aol dial up service they dont like Now they said they had some spyware or something on the machine i told them to run adaware and see if that would do drivers load Windows card.. my Solved: for the not will eithernet it Little did i know that they had aboutblank hack well i with some help from the nice guys at the boreds here fixed that but now her aol internet wiill not work So to fix some of the other things wrong with her pc i was Solved: Windows will not load the drivers for my eithernet card.. ganna bring it to my house and use my charter broadband internet to use on the machine Well the eithernet card the Solved: Windows will not load the drivers for my eithernet card.. pc allready had installed is a SMZ EZ Card pci SMC TX Windows will not load the driver for this card makeing the use of my net impossible its the code windows cannot load the drivers for this device Ive tired everything from unistalling the driver reinstalling updateing everything then when i looked at the driver details it is trying to use a realtek driver for the card I need some serous help here guys and i really appreciate it Ive tried all i can think of to get it to work so i dont have to bug you all so help is very appreciated Ps yes i had a post in networking with this question but i thought i would try it here before i gave up nbsp

A:Solved: Windows will not load the drivers for my eithernet card..
Relevancy 82.13%

My son crashed a HDD on his ASUS G GX-A last weekend We replaced the crashed Vista reinstall unsigned drivers G drive with a G drive both old and new drives Seagate Momentus models Trying to reinstall back to factory by using the restore recovery disks Vista reinstall unsigned drivers he got with the system - two OS Vista reinstall unsigned drivers disks and a driver disk Starting with the OS disk it runs about minutes Vista reinstall unsigned drivers and does it s thing Never asks for Disk but does ask for the driver disk After about an hour more the machine shuts off Along the way I did notice some pops ups complaining of unsigned drivers Initial boot of machine after install get to the OOBE as expected But the machine is not functional Quick check of Device Manager shows lots of yellow quot quot Turns out the drivers supplied by ASUS are unsigned and VISTA will not run unsigned drivers Off to the ASUS website for updated drivers The drivers on the ASUS website are the same - they do not work either Booting with F Advanced boot menu there is an option to disable sign checking Using that option all the yellow quot quot go away but the machine is still funky For instance I need to toggle the radio switch on and off before it will find the wireless network Tried a Windows Update but that error d out Attempted to find a way to permanently tell VISTA to ignore driver signing mostly using bcdedit exe No joy rebuilt BCD with bootrec rebuildbcd Nope The only way I can seem to get VISTA to run these drivers is booting with F and that is not a satisfactory solution The machine worked at one time with these drivers and there seems to be no signed drivers available What s going on here Closest authorized ASUS repair shop is states away and am really trying to avoid the time cost of a professional for what should be a very simple system restore to factory condition with the factory supplied recovery media

A:Vista reinstall unsigned drivers

Relevancy 81.7%

I'm probably going to have to do a complete re-install of Win Vista 64-bit SP2 on my laptop, in order to get IIS completely working. In preparation for doing the complete re-install I'd like to know how to get a complete list of devices on my system which require drivers. If possible I'd like to make copies of all of the drivers I currently have in order to more easily re-install all of the device drivers during or after the OS has been re-installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:how do I capture a complete list of devices and their drivers on my vista system

Hi Henry,

What is the make and full model number of your laptop?
Relevancy 81.7%

I've just updated my Acer Notebook to Windows 7. I've installed all the drivers that Acer supplies for Windows 7.

But what about the drivers that are not supplied? Should I install the ones that Acer supplies for Vista or stick with the 'pre-installed' drivers by Windows 7 ... Everything seems to work with the pre-installed ones.

And how do I check wether or not the Intel Turbo Memory is working correctly?

A:Windows 7-drivers or Vista-drivers by Acer

I can only reply to the first question. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Is what I'd suggest. On the second we'll have to have someone more familiar with intel turbo memory. Try Google I did and found a lot of interesting articles on turbo memory. You can draw your own conclusions as to it's effectiveness. Fabe
Relevancy 79.55%

I downgraded from vista to xp. I went to ACER support website and downloaded the drivers for my model of laptop. I had to go and load the drivers manually from the device manager. one by one. But some did not take. My Video Driver did not want to work. Instead of a question mark I got a little exclamation mark. My wireless driver is the one I care about the most. My LAN works as you can tell but having a laptop being connected to a cable kinda suck. So if the is any kind of resouces that you would want to share that would be great.

A:Cant load drivers on XP, Downgrade from Vista

What is your video card, and what is your wireless device manufacturer?
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi, i have a Freevents X200 which needed a new HDD which i put in, i loaded Vista and it went through to inputting the COA after that it asks for drivers which i have no idea which ones or where to get them from so cant go any further, can any one please help, thanks v much

Relevancy 79.55%

The following are not working in my computers the error message is shown below Portable devices MMC storage This device cannot start Code Click Check for solutions to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if Solved: devices errors drivers there is a solution available Network adaptors T adaptor to adaptor This device cannot start Code Click Check for solutions to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available In Microsoft windows vista I right click my computer properties In the system section the following are like as they are but they were not like these before RAM not available Processor not available I can amp Solved: devices drivers errors t do check disk from command prompt also this error message appears if I try to type in amp chkdsk amp and then enter Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode The system restore fail also anyone help please nbsp
Relevancy 78.69%

I got a new Dell a few days ago and it came with Windows Vista already on it I wanted to put Windows XP on it after seeing first hand boot. Please recognize can't Reinstall on fails, help Vista Can't drivers disc. Dell just how horrible Vista was things locking up slow loading and shutting down etc Anyway I screwed up apparently quite badly and nothing will boot no matter what I try When I try to reinstall Windows Vista from its disk it can t find any drivers I searched through the disk called DRIVERS AND UTLILITIES that came with Dell but that doesn t help nor does me pointing it to anywhere on its own disk So I can t reinstall it and all the attempts at repairs and whatnot have failed How do I get it to recognize the Drivers so it can reinstall AMD Athlon X Dual-Core GB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at MHz- DIMMs Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium Integrated NVIDIA GeForce graphics GPU GB Serial ATA Can't boot. Reinstall Vista fails, can't recognize drivers on Dell disc. Please help Gb s Hard Drive RPM w DataBurst Cache in Media Card Reader Integrated Ethernet x DVD -RW Drive Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software Edition Yr In-Home Service Parts Labor x Phone Support Award Winning Service and Support ATI Theater PRO Combo Analog Digital TV Tuner with Remote Control Click to expand I messed it up somehow using the information found here http www pro-networks org forum about html NOTE Check that Windows XP drivers for your system are available from the manufacturer of your system or from the motherboard manufacturer before attempting to install Windows XP In particular if you are using an SATA drive make sure that you have Windows XP SATA Controller drivers available as they may be necessary for Windows XP setup to be able to quot see quot the partition on which you intend to install it This is an important step especially with new Laptop and Notebook systems as well as OEM Desktop systems from manufacturers like Dell HP and Gateway The fact that you do not have a bootable Windows Vista DVD with such systems may also limit the ability to successfully create a dual boot with Windows XP Click to expand Too bad I didn t just listen to that bit Apparently I have a SATA drive and Windows XP installed not to the new partition I made for it but in the same one is Vista Still doesn t explain why I can t reinstall Vista though nbsp

A:Can't boot. Reinstall Vista fails, can't recognize drivers on Dell disc. Please help

After pressing power button, push F8 to get into restore partition and you will go back to the way it came, and my suggestion is you stay there and learn how to use Vista. For a new hardware pc, there is not only nothing wrong with Vista, but it is a superior operating system, just give it a chance.
Relevancy 78.69%

I m starting to lose my mind I just reinstalled bit Vista on my desktop Dell Studio XPS because I was unable to connect to the internet via my network adapter and ethernet controller both of which said I had no driver installed suddenly and refused to accept the downloaded driver from the resource CD or Dell s website After formatting the hard drive and freshly reinstalling Vista I now have MORE problems In addition to showing NO network adapter at all in Device Manager it now shows that I am lacking drivers for my SM Bus controller several System Interrupt controllers the ethernet controller still and now it is also not recognizing my video card stock P O S ATI card Dell through in there Before reinstalling Vista I tried everything from resetting my IP address to a full System Restore two Bus, reinstall, Interrupt drivers System Vista missing ethernet, display, for SM of them actually Nothing seems to be working it is starting to drive me crazy I ve read that it could be the chipset drivers that I need to download and install but I haven t tried it yet because I am currently at work and don t know the info I need to perform such a download I ve never had a problem like this that I couldn t solve before Any help would be so very greatly appreciated Adam nbsp

A:Vista reinstall, drivers missing for ethernet, display, SM Bus, System Interrupt

Did you use the Dell DVD for this model of machine, as it should have the drivers needed?
Relevancy 78.26%

i have an old hp pavillion slimline s7600n with a clean windows xp newly installed. i cannot connect to the internet. i have braodband and it should be right there. i have done all the configurations possible. the computer knows the broadband is there it just won't communicate with it. i discovered there are several drivers missing, bridge, bus etc. it is very simple to reinstall them if i could get online but i think these drivers being gone is why i can't get online? Can this be fixed or is this a terminal problem?

A:Solved: reinstall drivers

Welcome to the forums lolasmom.
You learned a lesson the hard way. Always download your drivers and save them to disk before reinstalling your OS. What you are going to need to do is download the drivers from HP from someone elses machine and save them to a disk or USB device and then install on your computer.
Relevancy 78.26%

I recently reformatted my laptop and reinstalled WinXP. My audio is not working and in device manager there are a few devices with question marks. Attached is a snapshot of Device Manager.

How would I go about installing these drivers? The laptop does not have a floppy drive.

I used Everest to see what hardware I had and this is what I found:

Video: ATI Radeon Xpress 200m
Audio: ATI SB450

The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A105-S101 (but it may not have all original parts inside).

I went to the Toshiba website and found the drivers page for this laptop. For audio, however, the have a Realtek driver. Is that the one I need?

Relevancy 78.26%

My Primary IDE and Secondary IDE Drives have the yellow splat and I do not have use of either the DVD Rom nor the burner Rom. So how can I reinstall the IDE Drivers from my MSI motherboard setup CD that came with the motherboard? As usual, TIA.

Relevancy 77.83%

I recently got a PS and being stupid as I am I wanted to try and get my PS controller onto my PC to PS3 now Installed work.. don't Solved: devices USB controller drivers, play some PC games So I did some searching up on Google and found some drivers Some people have reported the same Solved: Installed PS3 controller drivers, now USB devices don't work.. problem The thing is is that I Solved: Installed PS3 controller drivers, now USB devices don't work.. installed the drivers but they didn t work so I had to run an application for quot libusb quot and now after I restarted my computer my Solved: Installed PS3 controller drivers, now USB devices don't work.. keyboard it s a USB and my mouse it s a USB do not work as well as anything that s plugged in that is USB I also tried to uninstall the application but I removed two files that was suggested to get the controller working before I tried to uninstall and when I tried to uninstall it failed and said I would have to remove it manually now I cannot find the application anywhere in my computer So I m completely lost at what to do Here is the name of the program installed libusb-win -filter-bin- Any suggestions would be highly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Installed PS3 controller drivers, now USB devices don't work..
Relevancy 77.83%

I have just finished formatting two computers, and finished installing all of the device drivers that I had disks for. However, on one of the computers I am still getting two alerts within Device Manager, and on the other computer, I am getting one alert. They are as follows:

Computer #1

PCI Simple Communications Device
USB Controller

Computer #2

Unknown Device

I assume that the PCI Simple Communications Device is a modem, which I do not have a driver for. I don't know what model of modem I am using, so is there a generic device driver available for that?

Any help locating, or working out, these drivers would be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Missing Hardware Drivers - Unknown Devices

Howdy TW.87...

You could always downlaod and install Everest Click Me and check the computer summary and see if it will reconise the Unknown devices that are installed on the system...

Then just match what it sees with what is already installed, when you find one that Everest sees that isn't installed, then download the drivers for that device...

For the USB controller, are there any USB devices attached to the system ?

If so...that might be what it is seeing as a controller and you will need to download and install the drivers for them, otherwise you may need to download and install the chipset drivers for the motherboard...
Relevancy 77.4%

If you can't synchronize your WM6.1 handset with W7's Windows Mobile Device Center, just download drivers update from M$'s site or update your Windows Mobilde Device Center to 6.1

A:Windows Mobile 6.1 Devices need M$ drivers update

Does it work? I?ve downloaded WMC 6.1 and it doesn?t work for me. Any help?

Relevancy 77.4%

Seems some recent changes have stopped some of my USB devices working. Windows says device not recognised. Attempts to update say drivers are up to latest level. So far affected devices are iphone6, flash card reader, Canon camera , Belkin USB hub.
Can't find anyone else with same issues yet.

A:Windows 10 USB drivers, devices stopped working

unplug the devices from the PC use USBoblivion click here remove those devices from the registry.
reconnect the devices and windows should reinstall them and they will show up again
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi people. I installed Windows XP on my eeepc. Now I need to install devices drivers. Have you got these dirvers? If yes, Can you give me these?

Thank you very much in advance and sorry for my english please.

Best regards,
Lucas Barrera.

A:Windows XP devices drivers for Asus Eee PC 1215B

Hi and welcome to TSF, you appear to have leapt before you looked on this, as there are no drivers for xp available from the makers support pages
As a last resort you could try this method to try to locate some How to find drivers
if that fails, you may have to go back to what was installed as the operating system.
Relevancy 77.4%

Be like here: How to Separate ?Devices and Drives? Section in Windows 8.1 Explorer ?This PC?? - AskVG

I think I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that on my windows 7 pc before I did some updates.

Or I may be mistaken and this is not happening. I think I solved it.

A:Did a windows update cause the drivers and removable devices to?

What kind of problem did your computer have that is now fixed.
No I don't want to go to what ever AskVG is.
Relevancy 77.4%

HI People,

I'm using Nvidi Geforce 6200 512mb agp 8x video card. The video is terribly slow and in the device manager I see a yellow x next to the nvidia video card.

I've tried reinstalling and reinstalling and nothing seems to work. I'm not doing it correctly.

How do i reinstall my video card correctly? I'm using winxp sp3.

A:Solved: How Do I Reinstall My Video Drivers

Have you tried the actual drivers from Nvidia?

Choose your settings and download that driver and install it.
Relevancy 77.4%

the computer is a Toshiba Equium A series A100 (psAA4E)

ive reinstalled it with my XP disc and his XP serial number as he has lost the OS disc, all has gone in execpt, modem device on high definition audio bus, sm bus controller, Video controller (VGA compatible). any help on this and websites to download them from would be brilliant.

P.S i didn't see these drivers on the toshiba website

please please please help this is bugging the out of me

kind regards

Relevancy 76.54%

I have a Dell Dimension XPS T450 on which I have reinstalled a fresh version of Wins 98 se.

I have been downloading a range of so-called drivers for the AUDIO part of the pc - it is on-board sound apparently - all are crap

Motherboard is an Intel se440bx-2 - but have been to intels site already

I always have this trouble when reinstalling os on an old computer.

Can anyone help - I have Everest diagnostic utility to say what chipset, motherboard, pnp audio etc...

What do I look for and search for on the net - I am confused

Relevancy 76.54%

I reformatted and reinstalled windows xp and i reinstalled the drivers from the resource cd but the device manager is showing some drivers missing still. It is showing the PCI Device, the PCI simple communications controller, the Video Controller, the Video Controller(VGA compatible) drivers all missing. they all have the yellow question marks beside them. Also i set the screen resolution to the 1024x768 pixels and the DPI settings to the normal size of 96 DPI but i cant set the monitor to the 75 Hertz i need to set it to. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 76.11%

Which version should I use for the NVIDIA drivers, the Vista version or the 7 version?

A:NVIDIA drivers - Vista drivers or 7 drivers?

Download the windows 7 drivers from nvidia's website, not from Windows update assuming you have win7 installed somewhere as you state your running vistain your profile.
Relevancy 76.11%

I have just reinstalled windows 7 Home Premium and went to install the drivers. I installed two, then every other time after that I get a message saying 'installation may take several minutes please wait' then the message disappears, no other dialogue comes up and nothing is installed.

Its the same message what ever drive i try to install, wifi, bluetooth, sound, etc.

I even tried reinstalling windows again, but got the same issue. Again the first driver i installed seemed to work, but any other after that the same problem.

I have attached a screen shot.

A:After Reinstall of Windows, cannot install drivers

After you reinstall Windows 7, do you have a working internet connection? If so, don't do anything except run Windows Update from Control Panel. Do this two or three times until all updates are applied, including Service Pack 1. Then try install the drivers if they are still needed.

Edit: Start with the Chipset driver.
Relevancy 76.11%

I recently started having problems with my desktop being very slow and crashing. I thought it may have been caused by a virus or just by the sheer weight of installed programs.I formatted and I have reinstalled Windows XP on my desktop having used driver extractor to extract all the drivers i thought i would need. When i reinstalled windows despite formatting it didn't ask for my windows key which i found strange. Since then i have been unable to install the drivers for the ethernet controller sm bus controller video controller and misc PCI device. As well as my Dynamode Wl-GI-700s usb wireless dongle.

Can you please help me to find better drivers or otherwise solve this problem.

Thank you for your help.

A:Reinstall of Windows XP have drivers but can't install them

Normally if you cannot install the ethernet card it is because it nees the Chipset installed first.
Look in device manager for yellow exclamation points, you can get there by right mouse clicking on "My Computer" and select "Manage" the select "Device Manager".

What type or brand off computer and which XP OS are you running?
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a sony vaio PCG-7Z2L. I recently decided I wanted to get rid of vista and install XP, but in my haste I deleted everything on my hard drive. In order to install XP I need to install drivers but I dont know what chipset I have and I cant run the programs mentioned in other threads because my hard drive is completely blank. How can I find out what chipset I have? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:Looking for device drivers to reinstall Windows

VGN-S50B.part2.rar, 02-10-2007, 25 page service manual for Sony Vaio notebook computer models ... 477.pdf, 26-01-2007, Service Manual Sony Vaio PCG-FX210 ... searchstring=Sony+VAIO+PCG-FX+seriesProcessor -

If you to go and search for your make and model of laptop it will give you every bit of information you need for your laptop
Relevancy 76.11%

hey !i just registered here!
seem t be very co0l site..

so this is my question:

i did format in my pc one day..
and now i cant find my installation drivers for my video card and sound card..

also i just download a programm which called Yodm3D and when i click on this is says a small window error : " direct3D error(4)
Maybe not enough video memory
Close all game before running yodm3D
Try some options."

help me to install th yodm3D and see what is my sound and video card in order to download the right drivers..

thx a lot..

A:Need device drivers after Windows reinstall

Hi hackerBoy :wave:

Is your computer a HP or DELL or COMPAQ or some other manufacture?

If so just post the brand and model number in a reply post.

Also it would be good to know what Windows version you are speaking of too.

Actually the more info the better
Relevancy 76.11%

I need (after 7) reinstall and windows reformat Drivers some advice and recommendations please on how to identify the specific drivers and possibly utilities that should be installed after a reformat and fresh install of the OS and those that can safely be ignored I m aiming for as uncluttered a system as possible On my first attempt things went badly wrong as soon as the OS was loaded The problems I ve encountered included Windows Update failing to install all important updates including IE intermittent internet connection Drivers (after reformat and reinstall windows 7) drop-outs and failures to open web pages and the BSOD appearing for no apparent reason I have no reason to suspect that there any hardware issues and am wondering if I ve installed the wrong or conflicting drivers My hardware is Gigabyte Z X-DH MoBo Intel i K chip GB DDR Ram Gainward Nvidia GeForce GTX Kingston GB SSD x Seagate TB SATA hard drives Pioneer DVD-RW LG Blu-ray drive There is no separate sound card as yet Gigabyte s MoBo User s Manual does not sufficiently explain many of the features of the MoBo nor the problems I ve encountered I have flashed the BIOS to the latest version available The OS is Windows Home Premium bit SP I intend Drivers (after reformat and reinstall windows 7) to put the OS and as little else as possible on the SSD drive C The first Seagate TB drive has been formatted and is totally clean and will be home to all my applications and anything else that would normally go on C The other drives are intended for data and back up The Newegg TV series on building a PC which has been widely praised in several forums was very Drivers (after reformat and reinstall windows 7) helpful insofar as it went But I m confused about just what Gigabyte MoBo drivers need to be installed These are the listed Driver downloads as appearing on the latest Gigabyte web page for my MoBo revision and OS Windows bit AUDIO VIA audio driver Note please reflash the latest BIOS before update VIA audio driver CHIPSET Intel Management Engine Interface Intel INF Installation LAN Atheros LAN Driver SATA RAID AHCHI Intel Rapid Storage Technology Intel SATA Preinstall driver For AHCI RAID Mode Note Press F during Windows setup to read from floppy Marvell Preinstall Driver Note Press F during Windows setup to read from floppy Marvell Storage Utility Marvell SATA Controller Driver USB VIA USB Driver Intel USB Driver VGA Intel VGA Driver for Ivy Bridge CPU Intel VGA Driver for Sandy Bridge CPU Apart from the chipset drivers and the LAN driver I m not sure which of the others should be installed First is the VIA audio driver required No other audio driver is mentioned and this driver is only available because I ve updated the BIOS although I had audio presumably the basic windows version before the reformat What exactly is VIA Secondly as I don t intend setting up a Raid array do I need any of the drivers under the SATA RAID AHCHI heading In particular I m completely mystified as to what the Marvell items do Thirdly do I need both USB drivers or will the Intel one suffice Again what is the VIA driver for Newegg doesn t mention VGA at all but I assume I need to install the VGA driver for Ivy Bridge CPU As far as my video card a Gainward Nvidia GTX goes I m not exactly sure which version of the GTX I have But am I right in thinking that I can simply install GeForce Experience v and the latest driver released a few days ago by Nvidia for the GTX series - -desktop-win -win -winvista- bit-international-whql from the official Nvidia site rather than using the old and now out of date driver and utility disc supplied by Gainward Is it safe to install all these drivers which I can download from another PC and running Windows Update before installing an anti-virus app I ve a suspicion that the anti-virus app Avast may have interfered with my first attempt Finally is it usual for some Windows Updates to fail I use Chrome as my browser but it was a bit disconcerting to find Internet E... Read more

Relevancy 76.11%

Hey everyone,
Here it goes...I need to re-install windows due to a recent BSOD crash. This was my only option, however I have ran into a few problems. The first problem is that when I had my computer set up, I didn't have any of the driver diskettes/CDs with it. So basically I am kinda stuck not knowing what drivers are on my computer. My main question is:

Is there anyway to re-install Windows XP Home while keeping my drivers on the system? Or is there a possible way I could obtain them without being able to get to my dekstop?

Im not quite sure how I would obtain my drivers before re-installing or reformatting...I realize that almost everything on my computer is going to be deleted but thats no big deal, my main concern is the drivers...

Thanks for reading,

A:Reinstall Windows While Keeping Drivers?

I get the general idea of the question, but it's still a bit confusing.

I need to re-install windows due to a recent BSOD crash. This was my only option, however I have ran into a few problems.

How sure are you of this ? (or) Why do you think this ?

A BSOD does not necessisarily require a complete re-install of Windows. If someone else suggested this, they should also have the expertise to advise you on your current question(s). If they don't, then I would make certain a re-install is even necessary.

First, WinXP has almost all the drivers you will ever need. If not the most recent ones, they should be able to get you running well enough to update via Windows Update, which should be able to update most of your devices to the most-recent drivers.

After that, there may be a couple devices that you will have to either install manually, update manually or both. But I wouldn't worry about that first. Kind of like putting the cart before the horse.

But before you go and re-install, I would make sure that it is even necessary. And plus there are several options available to you that are much less risky, such as running "sfc" or doing a "repair install".

Finally, even if you go to the "ultimate" step of a compete re-installation, if you have a hardware problem or a certain type of malware, you could wind up exactly where you are right now, only with the loss of time, data and the hassle of having done a re-installation which didn't fix the problem.
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi everyone
Since few days I'm having problems with connecting new usb devices to my laptop. All devices connected after a fresh OS instalation works fine (windows was able to find drivers by itself). Now I can't connect even a simple flash drive (windows can't find drivers online). I'm having this problem with any new device that was not previously connected to my laptop.
Thanks for any help

A:Problem connecting new devices - windows cannot find common drivers

Hi WickedOne, Welcome to the forums, Visit the Lenovo website here Drivers and software - IdeaPad Y580 Notebook and download and install the chipset driver , This driver controls the usb
Relevancy 75.68%

The things that bug me is network and drivers because those are the things i have less knowlege lost reinstall after WinXp All home Solved: of Drivers about when it comes to computers altso hardware not my biggest strength But here is my problem that eventually lead me to this site ive been surfing this site for a short period and i like it Solved: All Drivers lost after reinstall of WinXp home I miss the drivers after reinstalling win xp home I have managed to install the drivers for my video card but i miss sound card driver Pci Device Other PCI brigde unit SM busscontroller I am translating from Norwegian so it might be wrong Anyway my main consern is the sound drivers I use this computer ONLY for websurfing and MineCraft And minecraft works fine thats why this PCI an buzzcontroller is not important but sound would be fine How do i find what soundcard i have its in the motherboard PCI express HT How do i find the drivers so i can get sound Thanks Dz nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

My system is showing that the SM Bus Controller drivers are not installed Plus my microphone on here is not working also.
I would be greatfull for any help with this problem.

A:Solved: Reinstall SM Bus Controller Drivers and get MicroPhone working HELP
Relevancy 75.68%

I had a serious laptop error on my Samsung, and I had to pull the data off my hard drive, then reinstall Windows 7 using a neighbor's installation disk (I lost mine in a move). Now, my laptop thinks it doesn't have a wireless card, so I won't be able to get online wirelessly.

Is there a way to get these back? I'm not even sure what kind of wireless card I have.

A:Solved: Upon reinstall I lost my wireless card drivers

Can you go online on a friend or family member's computer? If you can get the model number off the machine, then go to Samsung's website (support section), they supply the drivers there. You could download them to a flash drive.
Relevancy 75.68%

I am pulling my hair out here I want to update my video card drivers because my video card is acting up and I want to see if new drivers will fix it I printed out the instructions from ATI s site and followed it exactly I used Add Remove Programs and clicked on the ATI Software Uninstall Utility I rebooted the computer I went into Safe Mode I tried to install the drivers Upon doing this every time I run the card old ones! Video I won't install- can't reinstall drivers the Solved: even setup to install the new drivers I Solved: Video card drivers won't install- I can't even reinstall the old ones! get this error message quot INF Error Video Driver Not Found quot Click to expand This happens if I try to install the latest Catalyst version This happens if I try to install an older Catalyst version This even happens if I try to reinstall the drivers that I just had it installed fine before so why is the s giving me that error now I don t know why it s doing this Like I said I still get the error trying to reinstall something that installed fine in the past I had to do a System Restore to the restore point I made before I tried to update and now I can use my computer somewhat What is wrong nbsp

A:Solved: Video card drivers won't install- I can't even reinstall the old ones!
Relevancy 75.25%

well currently in devices the only divers are of "high defination audio device" my beats speakers are not working and not giving me the optimum sound level and quality, what can i do.?
Relevancy 75.25%

When you install Windows XP from an OEM (non-branded) Windows CD, does it analyze your hardware and SELECTIVELY install drivers accordingly OR does it just install the SAME basic plug-n-play drivers every time regardless of what type of hardware exists on the machine?

The reason I ask is that I'm wondering if you can create a test drive to swap in on ANY system to help determine if a problem is hardware or software related. I've always heard that using a drive from another machine will usually cause a blue screen because of mismatched drivers. But what about if you just leave the drivers that the Windows CD "chooses" to install?

Maybe I should just stick to booting up with an Ubuntu Live CD as one method of quickly seeing if the hardware on the machine is likely healthy or not?

A:Tech question: Windows XP reinstall drivers

I believe it installs the basic drivers from Microsoft for the particular hardware installed on the machine.
Relevancy 75.25%

hi all i have reinstalled windows xp home edition on my emachines 2230 desktop computer and now it is stuck on 4-bit coulour with no other options?Under Device Manager, I can now see a category of "Unknown Devices" with accompnaying big yellow question marks beside the list i think it may need new drivers i have no disks with the computer and am not very good with computers can any one help?

Relevancy 75.25%

Brand new custom build, just did fresh install of winxppro SP1. Every time the computer boots up the monitor driver reinstalls I do nothing. It detects new monitor drivers and installs them automatically. Not really a problem other than the annoyance.

I had some other drivers that did the same thing, to fix them I uninstalled them, then booted to safe-mode then detected hardware and installed the drivers off the CD.

What I have tried:
Uninstalling, boot to safe-mode, re-installing the driver from the CD. Did have it set to plug and play until I got windows update drivers.

A:Windows XP Pro Monitor drivers reinstall after reboot.

Closed, Solved here:
Relevancy 75.25%

Performing a clean reinstallation of Windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron N5010. Should I let Windows Update give me everything that I need, and then look for drivers on the Dell website for anything that does not work properly? Because I think that a lot of the stuff that their website recommends you install will end up as useless clutter ...

A:Clean Reinstall Windows 7 on laptop - Drivers

Download your drivers from the Dell website before reinstalling.
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok I decided it would be good to reinstall Windows so blah blah I had a clean PC and I went about installing the drivers for my MSI motherboard. After restarting the PC however my computer runs extremely slow, half of the tools dissapeared from my control panel, and if I try to restart I will occassionaly get my PC requiring me to run CheckDisk.

I also get some weird issues like after trying to right click on "My Computer"

rundll32.exe - Unable to Locate Component
This Application has failed to start because USP10.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
I have tried reinstalling Win a few more time but I keep getting the same problem.

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I just wanted to say I'm a bit of reinstall function, drivers? reset 10 Windows a novice when it comes to modern technology So if my question doesn't make sense and needs rephrasing please let me know My notebook was having issues and would show multiple error screens It was suggested to me that I should use the Windows reset feature found under the Recovery tab in Settings I clicked on quot Reset this PC quot I then selected quot Remove everything quot So my hard drive was completely erased I'm happy to say everything Windows 10 reset function, reinstall drivers? went smoothly and my PC is running without any hiccups so far My question is since I reinstalled Windows using this feature should I be install any drivers or Windows 10 reset function, reinstall drivers? is that already taken care of Specifically for the laptop monitor If I don't install any drivers for this could it have the potential to be dangerous for my eyes I'm not sure if that's a stupid question but like I said I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to modern computers and software Some additional info about my machine It's an Asus Q UB-BHI T It was preinstalled with Windows bit and some bloatware

A:Windows 10 reset function, reinstall drivers?

Originally Posted by Zeromous

I just wanted to say, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to modern technology. So if my question doesn't make sense and needs rephrasing please let me know.

My notebook was having issues and would show multiple error screens. It was suggested to me that I should use the Windows 10 reset feature found under the Recovery tab in Settings. I clicked on, "Reset this PC", I then selected "Remove everything" So my hard drive was completely erased.

I'm happy to say everything went smoothly and my PC is running without any hiccups so far.

My question is, since I reinstalled Windows using this feature should I be install any drivers or is that already taken care of? Specifically, for the laptop monitor. If I don't install any drivers for this, could it have the potential to be dangerous for my eyes? I'm not sure if that's a stupid question but like I said, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to modern computers and software.

Some additional info about my machine:
It's an Asus Q552UB-BHI7T12
It was preinstalled with Windows 10, 64 bit and some bloatware.

Hi Zeromous and welcome to Tenforums.

If everything is working fine, I wouldn't worry about it. Normally, any drivers Windows thinks you need will come through Windows Update. You could also open Device Manager and right-click on your display driver and select Check for Updates to see if there is something available. But, your system came with W10 pre-installed, so you should be fine with your reset. So, if it's working well, I wouldn't worry about it. Cheers!
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey guys just found this forum and was hoping you could help No plug and play USB devices will work Just poking around looks like somehow all of my native USB drivers have been deleted Asks me to either find the drivers for the device or plug in a CD or else the install fails and since the items are plug devices native for plug and wont Windows install drivers play and play there isnt a CD Also for example on my keyboard its plug and play should be quot HID Keyboard quot but if I plug it into a different port and install it as such it says it wont work The only things that are USB that still work with my computer are my old items that I ve had plugged into the same ports for months If i change the port the same thing happens Oh and if I m in the Bios everything seems to work fine But unfortunately I havnt found a way to make the Bios control all USB devices my quot Windows wont install native drivers for plug and play devices Universal Serial Bus Controllers quot area in Windows wont install native drivers for plug and play devices my native driver selection area is empty nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

so my sound doesnt work and i cant reinstall my drivers either My Computer HP G me sound drivers let reinstall wont screenshots - windows - DX Laptop Specs - http h www hp com ewfrf wc foCategory amp cc us amp dlc en amp lc en amp product Running Windows -bit How problem came about The other day i restarted my computer during the blue quot Shutting Down quot screen my computer said it was installing Windows Updates quot Installing of Do not power off quot windows wont let me reinstall sound drivers - screenshots I pulled the laptop onto my lap and out comes the power plug My comp s batteries are shot and relies on the power cord Well i shut down my computer during the screen that said quot installing windows wont let me reinstall sound drivers - screenshots updates do not shut down quot Since then audio hasn t worked When the computer booted up again the sound didn t work So I tried letting windows updates finish updating windows wont let me reinstall sound drivers - screenshots which it did successfully But my sound drivers webcam drivers and modem drivers don t work and wont install Right now i just want to fix my sound The bottom right speaker has an X on it usually the muted icon and when i click on it it asks to reinstall the High def audio device driver When I tell it to reinstall the driver it returns with a screen that says it couldn t fix the issue and that quot High Definition Audio Device has a driver problem quot I downloaded the Conexant High Definition SmartAudio driver for and yes for w bit my laptop from HP s site and tried to install it and it returns an error that says when i try to manually search for a driver and choose the unzipped driver i downloaded from HP and it says any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

Hello,My warranty is over few months ago and I need to replace my HDD which is useless as all the space is taken by OS, I can't even upgrade to Windows 10. Would you please help me how to recover my Windows key and HP drivers before changing my HDD + any tips on replacing HDD would also be helpfull. There are no HP service around here so I have to do it myself.   

View Solution.

A:Replace SSD ( hard disk) and reinstall Windows and drivers

Thank you , I finally solved the problem by creating a Windows recovery drive and chosing the reset and partition under advanced options. Finding Windows key and using Windows image didn't work with the OEM version of Windows.
Relevancy 74.39%

Just recently, I nuked and fresh installed Windows XP on an old Dell XPS 400, and now that I finally have the OS working, Icant get the Internet working. I realized that my problem was probably that my drivers were not working, and after realizing that my sound driver wasn't working either, I relaized that I probably needed to reinstall many of my drivers. I was just wondering about what the easiest way to reinstall all of my drivers would be. Thanks in advance!

A:Easiest way to reinstall drivers after Windows XP fresh install

You can go to the Dell support site, enter your Service Tag Number and download the drivers. Be sure to use IE and do not use the Dell Download Manager!

On the list of drivers, click on the Download File and on the next page, choose Single File Download . . save the file to a flash drive and double click on the Dell to install.

Install the Chipset driver first, then the Network Adaptor . . after that you can use the internet and download the rest
Relevancy 73.96%

I have reinstalled Windows XP on my computer and now it seems that there are some drivers missing I have the Dell Resources CD get Can't to Windows onto Drivers Load XP but I can t get this to open up for some reason I have also went to Dell s website from another computer and downloaded all the drivers and saved them to an external hard drive but when I try Can't get Drivers to Load onto Windows XP to open them up on my computer I get an error message that says quot Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You man not have the appropriate permissions to access teh item quot I am able Can't get Drivers to Load onto Windows XP to run some other EXE files but these will not open for some reason It s like the computer doesn t recognize the files I m unable to get my DSL hooked up to the computer since it will not read the ethernet port It seems that I don t have access to some folders or Can't get Drivers to Load onto Windows XP something and I m not sure why the drivers will not execute Can anyone please help me with this problem Thanks nbsp
Relevancy 73.96%

Windows cannot load the drivers for my Samsung Note2 Camera

A:Windows cannot load the drivers

is this to copy the pictures to a PC

can you describe exactly what you are trying to do ?

samsung galaxy note 2 is a smart phone running andriod

on the PC
what windows version do you have? - as you are in the windows 7 forum, I'm assuming windows 7
what happens when you try and install the drivers?
how are you installing the drivers?
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello All drivers cannot USB Windows load I am having some trouble lately with my USB ports I recently had the Agent Trojan and in the process of removing it it seemed to damage some things After several restarts Windows cannot load USB drivers updates virus checks everything was fixed except for the USB ports which randomly stopped functioning I am getting these error in device manager Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller - Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware code Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller - Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware code I have a Abit KN motherboard with a Nvidia nForce SLI chipset I have already tried updating the chipset but it appears the USB driver is a windows driver and is not contained in the chipset drivers I m running XP sp and windows update does not list the drivers It seems if I could just download and replace the drivers from Microsoft I assume it would solve the problem - but I cannot find them anywhere I have searched Microsoft s website and just about every other website for these files with no luck This is my last resort Any ideas would be very helpful Thank you very much for reading nbsp
Relevancy 73.96%

I have reinstalled Windows XP on my computer and now it seems that there are some drivers missing I have the Dell Resources CD but I can't get this to open up for some reason I have also went to Dell's website from another computer and downloaded all the drivers and saved them to an external hard drive XP onto Drivers to Can't Load Windows get but when I plug the external hard drive into my computer and try to open them up on my computer I get an error message that says quot Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You man not have the appropriate permissions to access teh item quot I am able to run some other EXE files but these will not open for some reason It's like the computer doesn't recognize the files I'm unable to get my DSL hooked up to the computer because it will not read the ethernet port It seems that I don't have access to some folders or something and I'm not sure why the drivers will not execute Can anyone please help me with this problem Thanks

A:Can't get Drivers to Load onto Windows XP

Welcome to TSF....

The Dell recovery disk set you used was it the correct one for the model of Dell you have?

Did you run the recovery disk thru booting up the computer or thru windows itself?
Relevancy 73.96%

Baxter9, did you ever manage to get this work?...Cause i have the same problem ont he model 2350. After reinstalled Windows XP, i can't install any of ther device driver on Dell Resource CD that came with the PC. Anyone have solution for this? thanks.

A:Can't get Drivers to Load onto Windows XP

Download the drivers there. The drivers from the support site will likely be newer and more reliable than what shipped on the optical media.
Relevancy 73.96%

Windows cannot load the drivers for my Samsung galaxy Note2

A:Windows cannot load the drivers

Hello masaloi

What happens when Windows tries to load the drivers? Do you get any error messages?
Does the device get recognize by windows at all?

Also what OS are you running?
Relevancy 73.96%

I installed Windows 7 Professional over the weekend and after installing all the Windows updates the computer ran extremely well. Today, I installed Office 2007 and didn't have any problems. When I turned off the computer there were about 20 updates for Office that got automatically installed.

When I turned on the computer again, the starting process was painfully slow, and the display resolution was not correct. On the Device Manager, the display adapter includes the correct NVIDIA adapter but there is a warning "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" (But it worked fine before I turned it off!) If I update the driver software, it says that the one I have is up to date! This also occurs with the coprocessor.

Any help would really appreciated.

A:Windows 7 does not load some drivers

Use a system restore point to before you did the updates.

Install them one at a time after, if you want to narrow down to which one caused it. If you don't want to do that, just don't install any updates.
Relevancy 73.96%

Does anyone know of a tool that will allow you to load drivers into a windows installation? while not actually booted from that installation? MSDaRT allows you to look at things...but doesn't give you an option to load new drivers

background: I have a PC that does not have proper chipset (no USB) / LAN drivers.
this means when windows loads I cannot use any USB devices and my NIC doesn't connect as it doesn't have a proper driver. so...basically I can't do anything.
MoBo does not have any PS/2 connections.

A:Load drivers outside of windows

I would think that USB drivers would be pretty universal by now. Just about every motherboard on the planet uses one of a hand full of USB controllers and those drivers are included with Windows driver base. I'm sure you've probably done this but I'll ask anyway. Have you gone into the BIOS and verified that USB is enabled? May also want to check to see if USB Legacy support is enabled too? If you can't get into the BIOS with your USB keyboard I would reset the BIOS to defaults with the motherboard jumper.
Relevancy 73.53%

I am having trouble reinstalling windows 7 on my Dell Inspirion N5110 laptop. This is not the first time i have reinstalled windows on this laptop and i am using the same installation CD i used last time. The problem i am having this time is that during installation i am being prompted to select drivers. I have tried to download the newest drivers but they are not recognized during installation.
Any advice on this problem would be greatly appreciated
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi, I am having a really hard time trying to get my audio to work. After reinstalling windows xp proffesional on a HP Pavilion a132n link to spec hereI cannot get the audio to work. I have everything installed. Uaa driver and the realtek high definition audio drivers are all installed. speakers are known working and all volume levels are on and nothing is muted. I have checked everything. I read somewhere that the sp3 update for windows disables the volume in this machine but I can't seem to find a workaround for it. If anybody had an idea or has experienced this problem before please let me know. Thanks in advace.

Relevancy 73.53%

i have win98se. this loads and will start the computer with the standard graphics card.
i go 2 load all the drivers,vga,sound,moden and lan, from the mainbaord disk. the drivers seem 2 go in but when i am asked 2 reboot it starts 2 load and after the 1st splash screen it goes blank and my monitor lights go walkabouts and i can do anything apart from turn it off and reformat again.
i tried different memory and reset the cemos but with no luck.
the mobo is a m810, 128mb-ram, 1.3ghz amd processor, 30g hd,dvd-rom and dvd-rw.
all of the above is no good if i can't get the bugger running.
all help greatfully received.

Relevancy 73.53%

I installed drivers for a scanner and when the computer rebooted, I received the message:
c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD: Missing/Unable to Load
Press any key to continue.

When I press a key, the computer immediately shuts down.

Please Help!!

A:Windows Won't Load After Installing Drivers

this sounds like your fix Error Message: VMM32.VXD: Missing/Unable to Load

This behavior can occur if the Umaxis11.386 file is being loaded from the System.ini file. This file is used by UMAX scanner software.
This behavior can be caused by a file that is used by the Genius scanner software. The Genius scanner file is named Smis11.386.
Relevancy 73.53%

Hey guys,

So i'm using the windows ISO creation download..

I am installing windows 8.1 core on a Lenovo y410p..
hwinfo 64 says this for chipset: Intel HM86 (Lynx Point)

Once I reboot to start the process of Installing windows, around the point of when I format the drive to ready it, there is an option to "load drivers" before the actual install..

Can/Do I use the "load drivers" before I actually install windows? Ive seen that button but never really used it. Is that what that is for, to install chipset drivers I downloaded or something?

A:Load Drivers before installing Windows..

I've never had to use that myself, if it asks for drivers that would the time to use it otherwise just do the install and update/install drivers after.

As long as you are connected to the internet windows will find any drivers it needs to complete the install.
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello, I have been trying to use the installer dvd to try and repair windows. At the screen where I can select to load drivers, I don't see an option from the place that says "Select an operating system that you want to repair". I hit next, and I go the startup repair from recovery tools. Every time I run the tool, I get a message that says that the tool may have completed successfully, reboot to find out.

When I go to details of the repair I see a message that says Windows\system32\drivers\pciide.sys is corrupt, and another message about pciidex.sys.

A:Windows will not start, OS is not able to load drivers.

Try running an sfc/scannow command at boot.
SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
Relevancy 73.53%

Can someone please explain how this works? like where does it put the files etc and can i install the latest NVIDIA drives through the load drivers option during windows 7 install?

A:Load Drivers In Windows 7 Install

Quote: Originally Posted by dozzie80

Can someone please explain how this works? like where does it put the files etc and can i install the latest NVIDIA drives through the load drivers option during windows 7 install?

If the .exe is self-extracting, you can use a program such as WinRAR to unpack the files to wherever you want and then point Load Drivers to that location.

If I helped, please click the scales at the top right of my post.
Relevancy 73.1%

I can't load the Chipset Drivers for my new ABIT NF7-S motherboard. When I put in the CD that contains the Chipset drivers and select Chipset drivers it begins with a welcome screen. From there on it does not follow the examples in appendix A of the user's manual. The next thing it asks for is the Windows98CD, I should click the drive it is in and then click okay. When I do that it just reverts to the same request never accepting my input. I tried downloading the Chipset drivers from the ABIT website, it unzips, and when I start the setup.exe it performs in the same manner. What's wrong?

OS Windows 98, ABIT NF7-S motherboard, Athlon xp 2600+ cpu

A:[Solved] Can't load Chipset drivers for Abit NF7-S Motherboard

Just wanted to update my posted question. I've been told that my new hardware and chipsets will not work with the early version of Windows 98 that I have. I have now tried Windows 2000 and have been able to install the chipsets and new hardware.
Relevancy 72.67%

How is this even possible I had the google redirect issue that seemed to go away for a couple of days but then everything got worse and pages I was reading would just change to a different random site I decided to just reformat the drive and reinstall XP Installed drivers and all Windows updates anti-virus and MBAM from files on a different partition on the same drive and set up outlook express including importing files I then went on the internet and everything happened again A google-analytics page drivers XP Infected and Updates reformat/reinstall all installed after Nothing Windows but Immediately with popped up and Infected Immediately after reformat/reinstall XP with Nothing installed but drivers and all Windows Updates pages randomly were redirected So I reformatted reinstalled Infected Immediately after reformat/reinstall XP with Nothing installed but drivers and all Windows Updates again tonight I installed my MB and VC drivers fro mthe CD that came with the product and then started installing all Windows updates which takes a while After that I went on the internet and I m infected again My boot drive is partioned into C and D with D being where I install all my games and place any downloads or save files However I never did anything with this drive this time I never even opened up the drive folder Please help as I am completely baffled

A:Infected Immediately after reformat/reinstall XP with Nothing installed but drivers and all Windows Updates

Do you use a router?

Orange Blossom
Relevancy 72.67%

I reinstalled Windows XP home SP2 and now I can't load any printer driver unless it came on a disk. I'm trying to install an HP Deskjet 812c through USB. Part way through driver installation I get the message "Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be completed." I've tried various other print drivers and get the same message. My Canon i560 installed without issue from the disk.

Any suggestions? It's making me CRAZY!

A:Windows XP Home won't load ANY print drivers

I need to reformat my sony vaio pc. I have the cd's - does anyone know where I need to begin? I put the 1st CD in and nothing is prompting me???????? Please help
Relevancy 72.67%

I'm having a problem with catalyst drivers. I installed Win7 32-bit yesterday and everything was working fine until I installed catalyst control center, which now causes the system to stay stuck on the blue windows wallpaper without explorer or mouse cursor. I can get to safe mode and perform a system recovery, then I can boot normally. I also tried multiple versions of drivers, but it always does the same thing. Im using Radeon HD5770, Gigabyte P43T-ES3G Mobo, Intel Core2Quad 2,5 GHz (not sure about the exact model number) and 4 GB Ram. Everything worked fine before reinstalling windows and my system specs are exactly the same as they were before. Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Windows doesn't load after installing ati drivers.

It could be a dead or faulty graphics card. Is the card correctly installed and all the cables attached including any extra power cables?
Relevancy 72.67%

It seems that you cant load drivers in the windows startup menu troubleshoot menu If you have a OS drive that requires a driver to see raid controller some SSD's sata controller etc then you 8 drivers Load Menu - Windows Startup cant use the windows startup troubleshooting tools There is no option in the menu to load drivers and therefor every recovery Windows 8 Startup Menu - Load drivers tool in the menu fails While the majority of computers don't need to load drivers to see the main boot drive a fair amount do so this lack of ability to load drivers to see it confuses me I feel like I must be missing something I even looked at trying to load drivers from the command prompt but its not available with the tools in the troubleshoot environment I did find a quot way quot to get the recovery tools to work on drives that need drivers Grab the windows disk and proceed with an install until it asks you to load drivers for drives After you load the driver cancel out of the install which will bring you back to the start of the windows install disk which has a quot repair my computer quot option That option loads an identical troubleshoot environment but now has access to the drive thanks to the install processes quot load driver quot option The biggest problem with that tho is not only do you need to have the install disk but you also need your serial key so that you can proceed to the install point that has the option to load the drivers If you come across a machine that someone has asked you to fix what are the chances of have both the install disk and the serial key on hand this is not a rant at windows I love windows

A:Windows 8 Startup Menu - Load drivers

Hello craige1 and welcome to TSF,

You can load drivers into Windows 8 through the Device Manager applet, like in previous versions of Windows... It is found in the Device Manager... Just type "Device Manager" on the start screen...
Relevancy 72.67%

I found identical problem her on the forum section. However, uninstall/reinsatll of drivers still gives the same error code. I did find an updated driver that was not posted (2023.5.130.2015Rev.A  17MAR2015), but I still recieve the same errror:"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" Any new suggestions are greatly appreciated.

A:Windows cannot load the drivers required for RealtekRTL8188E...

Hi, What is your HP15 ? Did you upgrade/downgrade your machine ? Please use the following instructions to find out what is your machine: Regards.
Relevancy 72.67%

I recently built a new computer using the Asus Rampage II Gene motherboard which uses the ICH R southbridge and the Intel Matrix Storage Raid controller Something happened in transport where the setting in the BIOS got Windows load drivers Install cannot RAID 7 reset from RAID mode to IDE mode and now after switching it back to RAID mode the boot process cannot find a bootable device I checked the bootup priority manager to make sure that was not the issue I have been trying to use Windows startup repair to fix this problem but when I attempt to load the x RAID drivers for the Intel Matrix Storage controller Windows install Windows 7 Install cannot load RAID drivers attempts to load them but then errors out saying quot Failed to load driver quot I am almost certain these are the correct drivers since I downloaded them from my motherboard's product webpage I have also tried the most recent drivers directly from Intel I have tried the other drivers that come with the download for other southbridge's and I have also tried running Windows x install and using the -bit drivers all with the same result Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong or how to get around this My computer is essentially unusable in this state and I would really like to avoid having to reinstall Windows Thanks

A:Windows 7 Install cannot load RAID drivers

Quote: Originally Posted by nerdBrain

I recently built a new computer using the Asus Rampage II Gene motherboard, which uses the ICH10R southbridge and the Intel Matrix Storage Raid controller. Something happened in transport where the setting in the BIOS got reset from RAID mode to IDE mode and now after switching it back to RAID mode the boot process cannot find a bootable device. I checked the bootup priority manager to make sure that was not the issue. I have been trying to use Windows 7 startup repair to fix this problem, but when I attempt to load the x64 RAID drivers for the Intel Matrix Storage controller, Windows install attempts to load them, but then errors out saying "Failed to load driver". I am almost 100% certain these are the correct drivers since I downloaded them from my motherboard's product webpage. I have also tried the most recent drivers directly from Intel. I have tried the other drivers that come with the download for other southbridge's, and I have also tried running Windows 7 x86 install and using the 32-bit drivers, all with the same result. Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong or how to get around this? My computer is essentially unusable in this state and I would really like to avoid having to reinstall Windows.

Can you boot from the win 7 dvd to bios, or safe boot (F8)?

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi everyone,

I get this message while installing a new windows OS on a laptop, "No drives were found. Click Load Drivers to provide a mass storage driver for installation".

It's my sisters old laptop and I am not really sure what really happened as she too is not sure. She just said its not working. I wanted to format it because it would not even start it ends up with error : A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to reco... and pressing these doesn't do anything.

Please note:
I can't use any software to check my hard drive as I am not even able to get into windows. I have tried removing and reinserting the hard drive, didn't help.

I'm using usb for installation as I don't have a CD.

Please help.

A:Windows 7 installation: No drivers were found click load

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi Im Network For Related Drivers Device Load Cannot Windows Anything new to the forums The problem ive got is that i recently had to fully reboot my pc and put a fresh install of xp on After installation had finished i went into device management to see what drivers i was missing i realised im Windows Cannot Load Device Drivers For Anything Network Related missing quite a few so i browsed the net on my other pc to find them Ive been transferring them over via a memory stick Everytime i tried updating the drivers a message comes up saying quot Windows cannot load device drivers for this hardware The Windows Cannot Load Device Drivers For Anything Network Related driver may be corrupted or missing code quot The drivers i am trying to update are the ones for the onboard ethernet adapter and a few WAN Miniport s IP L TP PPPOE PPTP and also Direct Parallel Ive even gone on to ebay to buy a new NIC Card and a usb Wireless adapter and just this minute put them in The same error message comes up It seems every driver i try to update the same message comes up Can anybody please help me Also i forgot to mention that all the devices listed have yellow exclamation marks next to them Thank You nbsp
Relevancy 71.38%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P N-D Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Hi I like to believe I m kinda tech savvy I ll start by saying that my old quot monitor went out and now I have a quot dell monitor I m using Every time I update my video drivers to most current and then restart comp for them to take to video load Drivers at Solved: causing not Current startup Nvidia full effect it will go through the green microsoft loading bar and then screen goes to self test Yet there is still a windows sound and I can even log in but no video Solved: Current Nvidia Drivers causing video not to load at startup for these parts I can go into safe mode perfectly fine I can even uninstall my video drivers and I m capable of starting normal mode fine Only when I update drivers do I have this problem I have done alot of troubleshooting Solved: Current Nvidia Drivers causing video not to load at startup to try to get this monitor to work with my computer searched on several different search engines for a solution to this problem Any help would be greatly appreciated I m seeing several error messages in the event log and I m unsure which one is the actual crashing of the comp so I ll be back to post that info Thanks for your time and help nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

Hello there I m running XP media Center Edition with SP I have just restored my laptop using the recovery dvds to factory state and installed SP afterwards So I would call my system clean and healthy The problem is that when my pc loads up sometimes Network Connection Help!! TIMES sequence!! AT problem drivers [SOLVED] to load due my Local Area Connection appears on tray but flagged as Limited [SOLVED] Network Connection problem AT TIMES due to drivers load sequence!! Help!! or no connectivity I have found ways to fix this each time it happens If I unplug my Ethernet cable wait a few seconds then plug it back in the connection is then normal hardware treatment [SOLVED] Network Connection problem AT TIMES due to drivers load sequence!! Help!! If I disable the Network Connection wait a few seconds and then enable it again the problem is fixed software treatment Other times when I boot it loads ok from the start But it's that it will load as Limited or no connectivity So I suspect that my problem is caused due to the random loading sequence of services drivers etc each time my system boots So my question is Is there a way to either delay the loading of the network connection a bit or something else maybe that could solve my problem Thank you for your time

A:[SOLVED] Network Connection problem AT TIMES due to drivers load sequence!! Help!!

Hi nio 707,

In BIOS setup just disable the option 'boot from network' in BOOT menu.

Also, check in services DHCP is enabled or startup type as 'automatic or manual'. If manual change it to 'automatic'.

Or try enabling statics IP address instead of DHCP.

Hope it works for you.
Relevancy 70.95%

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful."

I have received this error with 2 network adapters now. I just bought another to see if that would fix the error present. Yes, I have installed the official drivers from the companies website. I have no idea why this is occurring. I have run multiple virus scans, to find nothing. 

That is a picture of the driver properties.

The driver settings.
I have no idea why, anyone have any suggestions?

A:This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers requ

Just noticed this
Relevancy 70.95%

I've been having a restart loop on my computer. I found out how to access the windows recovery console, by using my Windows XP CD, and I know what to do from there to repair windows XP (I type 'R' and so on...I know all the steps after that). But when I want to repair windows, it says my hard drive (SATA) is not installed.

So I found out that I need to press F6 at the start, to load my Sata hard drive drivers from a disk. This is all fine.
My question is: will I lose data from my hard drive by selecting the option of pressing F6 to load new drivers? Or will my data still be OK after pressing f6?

Relevancy 70.95%

I've been having a restart loop on my computer. I found out how to access the windows recovery console, by using my Windows XP CD, and I know what to do from there to repair windows XP (I type 'R' and so on...I know all the steps after that). But when I want to repair windows, it says my hard drive (SATA) is not installed.

So I found out that I need to press F6 at the start, to load my Sata hard drive drivers from a disk. This is all fine.

My question is: will I lose data from my hard drive by selecting the option of pressing F6 to load new drivers? Or will my data still be OK after pressing f6?

A:windows recovery console: press f6 to load SATA drivers

Hi BlingDogg and welcome to TSF

You won't loose any data with that step. Go on and insert the floppy with the drivers.

Only changes that will be done to your drive will be the ones resulting from the repair install : you'll have to redo all latest updates on Windows update and possibly reinstall some applications if they stop working. Apart from that all your data should be fine.
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello!I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 15r Special Edition with Windows 8 as it's default operating system. Since I don't like it that much, I plan to format the hard drive (by going into computer-> Right click on C: -> Format) and then to do a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium on it.After the clean installation procedure, I was wondering if I could simply insert the Dell Drivers and Utilities disc into the optical drive and intall the drivers like I would normally do.Therefore, the real question would be: Will the Windows 8 drivers provided by Dell be compatible with Windows 7?Thank you very much everyone.FatLord

A:Planning to downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7. Will the drivers provided on my Dell "Drivers and Utilities" be comp...

I did find this one "Inspiron 15R SE 7520" If that is your model then the Dell website has Windows 7 64bit drivers and Windows 8 64 bit drivers available for download.

I would use the Windows 7 Drivers for windows 7, Just download them ahead of time and burn them to a CD or store on a flash drive so you will have them handy to use.

I would also have my Antivirus ready to install before I went on the Internet.

3rd point. Windows will prevent you from formatting the drive it is installed on. So you have to do it during the install process.

Good Luck
Relevancy 70.52%

I came across an issue that I find confusing. Whilst trying to install a software to run a mobile USB flash modem, the software pops this message:

your current device installation settings is configured to prefer drivers from Windows Update over locally installed
drivers. This can cause Unlimited data Manager not to work correctly.

do you want to change the settings to prefer locally installed drivers over Windows Update?

What does it imply if I change my settings to prefer locally installed drivers over windows update drivers?
And can this action be undone and where/how? (I searched my machine but didn't find where this option is)

Thank you for reading

A:Device Installation Settings, windows update drivers VS locally installed drivers

Control Panel (icon view)>System>Advanced System Settings>Hardware Tab>Device Installation Settings

Relevancy 70.09%

Quick summary: SATA Controllers on motherboard are not working. Ordered and installed a PCI-E SATA Controller Card. Connected Hard Drive & DVD Drive to new card ports. Upon attempting to boot installed windows 7, it spontaneously restarts before loading. It seems that I need to get the Controller Card's drivers installed. i try startup repair mode, and I can load the driver and see the Windows 7 installation after that, but then I don't know how to permanantly add the drivers for this installation.

Any help? Or do I need to reformat and re-install? Thanks

A:New SATA Controller Card, Windows wont boot, how to load drivers?

Win7 should not need SATA drivers as it has most of them. There is likely another issue.

Is HD set to boot after DVD drive in BIOS?

Is Startup Repair autostarting from the HD, or are you booting DVD to access Repair console on second screen? If not, try that to run Startup Repair a few times, making sure Win7 or its 100mb boot partition (preferred) are marked Active: Partition - Mark as Active (Method Two) .

If it's autostarting from HD then the change in SATA controller may be too much for your extant Win7 to start. This requires running Paragon Adaptive Restore CD on the installation from boot, or clean Reinstalling Windows 7.
Relevancy 70.09%

I have done image from physical computer with the help of Ghost Then I applied this image to virtual HDD my OS is - Windows Enterprise Then I fix boot with the help of -start up recovery- option of installation disk of Windows professional Windows start booting into controller Windows or manually (SATA SCSI) drivers to offline or HDD IDE How 7 load but then crashes with error quot x b quot So I want to load drivers of virtual SCSI controller with help of Windows recovery console or ERD commander or other utilities Please help me to find right VMware drivers for Windows Enterprise and load it to offline Windows Enterprise I do not want to make Windows reinstallation repair with help of installation disk it will destroy some bugs that I want to keep unattached I do not want to use automatic physical to virtual conversion tools don't ask why I just How to manually load HDD controller (SATA or IDE or SCSI) drivers into offline Windows 7 want to preload necassary drivers with How to manually load HDD controller (SATA or IDE or SCSI) drivers into offline Windows 7 the help of recovery console or ERD commander or other utilities P S May be I should install Windows Enterprise on new Virtual machine and then export drivers with this tools http How to manually load HDD controller (SATA or IDE or SCSI) drivers into offline Windows 7 sourceforge net projects drvback http www boozet org dd htm But what exactly to export and how to load it to offline system Thank you for your answers and help
Relevancy 70.09%

Greetings This is a general question for a fresh install of Windows on a computer Let's say we just completed the installation and we open up Device Manager we haven't used Windows Update yet Device Manager shows us that there are - let's say quot quot - devices that do not have drivers installed for them If we visit the computer manufacturers website though they'll have - let's say quot quot Windows Installed OEM - General Website Drivers Question Vs Drivers - different drivers to download If we only install the quot quot drivers for the devices that Windows couldn't find drivers for are we hurting our computing performance by not installing the other quot quot drivers that were available on the manufacturers website This is just good to know in general because I've faced this situation with every install of Windows since I began computing General Question - Windows Installed Drivers Vs OEM Website Drivers with Windows But the reason I'm asking now is because the nincompoops at Acer - despite me entering my serial number - still offer me every possible driver for my model including drivers for hardware that's not in my computer Windows - of course - can't identify the hardware so I'm ready to rip out the last little bit of hair on my head Thanks

A:General Question - Windows Installed Drivers Vs OEM Website Drivers

Some manufacturers offer an utility that helps you identify what stuff you have in the laptop, I think Acer did.
You can also try the hardware-detection program this forum has, this tutorial

Also check the driver version, as some manufacturer list multiple driver versions and you only need the latest (usually, otherwise take the last version that works).

Also, installers of these drivers usually look up the hardware IDs of the hardware and if they don't detect anything that could benefit from them will abort installation. Some instead install anyway and you will have some drivers you won't need, but won't cause any issue as again Win7 knows that they don't match any hardware ID, and will leave them alone.

So, you may have noticed that I am talking of Hardware IDs, that are basically each device's own "calling card" integrated in each device, you can identify the hardware by looking up its hardware ID and then searching it on Google to convert that code into a human-readable device model and brand.

Open device manager, right-click on an unknown device, click on "properties", then go in the "details" tab of its properties panel from Device Manager, click on the drop-down menu and select "Hardware IDs". right-click on the codes you get on the text panel below it and select copy, then search the code on Google to identify the device.
Relevancy 70.09%

I contacted SONY and they told me that they did not have the drivers for this Hardware. They told me I needed a WINDOWS driver. My operating system is Windows 98. Help

A:Not Going to Sleep Until Find Drivers..Need Windows Drivers SONY CD-R/RW CRX140E

You already posted this same question in hardware.
Keep it to one thread.
Relevancy 70.09%

Yesterday I had the Windows defender virus on my Desktop computer I read things online and most places were saying to use rKill ComboFix and Malwarebytes So etc. Windows Had no drivers, the Defender audio Network virus. drivers, Now I followed everything and then the virus was removed I believe Less than an hour later a Had the Windows Defender virus. Now no Network drivers, audio drivers, etc. friend of mine went to a website which I believe got me a Had the Windows Defender virus. Now no Network drivers, audio drivers, etc. virus Ever since then when my computer boots up the task bar at the bottom of the screen is grey and plain looks like a task bar from Windows XP maybe it says that my Audio service is not running and I do not even have the bars that show my Wifi signal I'm assuming that I am missing the driver now I do not know if ComboFix is what did this or if I have another virus but I have become so frustrated with this that I figured I would ask for help I'm running a Gateway DX Windows and a wireless internet card If ANY other information is needed then I will be more than happy to give it

A:Had the Windows Defender virus. Now no Network drivers, audio drivers, etc.

Welcome aboard  Since you ran Combofix on your own... Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.