Windows Support Forum

Trying to reinstall Win 7 64 cannot get Raid settup correctly

Q: Trying to reinstall Win 7 64 cannot get Raid settup correctly

Greetings, I am now trying to get windows reinstalled.
I have Asrock Extreme 7 Motherboard. When I set the storage to RAID and go into the raid setup the first volume should be set up as raid 0, I do not get an option to set up another.

I have a 60gig OCZ 3 and a Corsair 1 terabyte platter drive. I need them in array so I can use Intels SRT tech.

Big question is Windows is not finding the raid driver on either the Win 7 disk OR the MOBO disk. I assume it IS there correct?

Can anyone give me some advice and or some steps I should correctly follow?

I can get windows started on install but at the end I get 'Windows cannot complete installation on this hardware' message.

Any advice is welcome please help this newb!

PS, at least I am not getting any BSOD's!

Thanks much in advance!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Trying to reinstall Win 7 64 cannot get Raid settup correctly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Trying to reinstall Win 7 64 cannot get Raid settup correctly

Well, it is not recommended to put 2 different drives in RAID 0, plus it makes no sense to do so with your setup. You need to set up the SSD to cache rather than be in RAID 0. Use this article for reference. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-reinstall-win-7-64-cannot-get-raid-settup-correctly.196154/
Relevancy 55.9%

Colour Setup TFT Monitor

Hi, just wondering what the best program is for setting up my TFT monitors colours correctly, Ive got a Hercules ProphetView 920 17" DVi monitor if it makes any difference, ive tried one before which stays in your system background, but it hogged resources, so preferably is there something about which i can use which i dont have to install, or i install once then delete?

Cheers Guys :bounce:

Relevancy 54.61%

Every since I've replaced my keyboard... On start up of XP the screen goes black and a whole technical looking list appears "Phoenix Bios" .. it scurries through #'s and then I get my regular start-up screen. ( loooooong wait).

I've learned not to click the F# key it advises for setting up because then I get super lost, and end up restarting.

Any idea how I can fix this black screen with technical stuff on it at startup? I'm fairly certain something went amuck with the setup wizzard when I plugged in this new keyboard.

A:Black Screen on Startup-Bios Settup-XP

What you are seeing is the boot-up process with no "splash screen" to hide it at a guess.

The option to enable the splash screen is probably in the BIOS, where you have already noted, you don't want to go.

If so, it's normal (I always have my PC's booting this way) and with the splash screen, its still happening, just hidden from view.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-on-startup-bios-settup-xp.174471/
Relevancy 53.75%

Ok so I wanted to install windows xp and did so over my vista. But then when i realized that half the drivers dont work for XP i decided to revert back to Vista until the drivers become available....however when i tried reinstalling the reinstallation endded with a black screen with my mouse in the middle....i held the power button in until it turned off and now every time i start the computer it goes to the safe mode screen where you can choose to start in safe mode or use a previously working configuration and then when i click the previously working setup option it brings me to that screen where it shows the little scrolling bar thing on the bottom of the screen like it usually does before booting windows but it stalls on this screen....somebody please help

A:Windows Vista Wont Reinstall Correctly

See the section titled "Using Dell PC Restore by Symantec" at the bottom of page 131 of the "Dell Inspiron 1720 Owner?s Manual":http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...df/DT549A00.pdfor, if you don't have a PDF reader:http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...20/en/index.htmFrom what I read there, it will return your computer to the state at which it left the factory. There are also other sections in that area of the manual that describe other methods of restoring your system.The section "Restoring Your Operating System" begins on page 130 and describes 3 options to accomplish this. The one I mentioned above is the second of those three options. From the contents of your other thread here (Why did you start a new thread?), I think that might be the best place to start.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101697/windows-vista-wont-reinstall-correctly/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey,

I've used a program/browser plug in called DivX for a long time now, and have always loved its simplicity, but since I had to reinstall my operating system, I've been having problems getting it to work after installing it.

Basically, when I try and view a divx video in a browser, it makes the browser crash, so obviously something is wrong, however when I try and uninstall it, the progress bar just doesnt move :S and I cant run the initial setup again because it doesnt have a repair option.

I can't system restore because I've installed loads of other things since.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this problem?

Many Thanks

A:Program not working correctly, but can't uninstall/reinstall

Try VLC or Media Player Classic.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/program-not-working-correctly-but-cant-uninstall-reinstall.159336/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi.

I have a little issue with my RAID 0 array I created in my old computer. I had W2K SP4 installed, and the array was reading just fine. Then, when I had to swap out an old hard drive and reinstall W2K, the new install won't "see" the RAID 0 partitions (they aren't showing up in explorer). The BIOS sees the hard drives, and the RAID utility sees an active array and partitions, but I can't find the partitions on the array in the OS.

I don't know if this will help, but the RAID is onboard on a Gigabyte Mobo with the IT8212 chipset. The array was created using the Gigabyte RAID software utility.

Any ideas? Reinstall OS again?

Thanks for the help.

A:IDE RAID 0 not recognized on W2K reinstall

Install the drivers for the RAID controller/motherboard?

Did you apply SP4 to this new installation? Maybe you need LBA48 support to work with the array?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ide-raid-0-not-recognized-on-w2k-reinstall.88203/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all,

I have three HD drives. One for WinXP, The other two are in one RAID by a 3ware RAID controller. Several days ago, my computer got crash. So i unpluged the RAID controller and two RAID drives out. Then i reinstall XP. Now i want to know, can i get my RAID back just by pluging my RAID controller, installing dirver for it and inserting that two drives?

Thanks,
Frznk

A:Solved: RAID Reinstall

As long as you're not putting the os or any other os on them then i don't see any problem. By the way what raid array is it you're wishing to use. Max.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-raid-reinstall.748627/
Relevancy 52.46%

i want to reinstall win7. i have 2x2tb drives that i have attached to a separate SIL card, which like an idiot did not create the raid within the Raid card itself. what i did was spanned the drives under windows so it cane appear as one drive. my question is, if i was to reinstall windows from scratch, will the new install pick up the spanned drives as 1 drive and remember everything as it was or will i risk loosing all data and have to recreate the spanned drives? thank you in advance for your help.

A:Restoring Raid with OS Reinstall

What benefit do you need from RAID which Win7 doesn't much like and we never see anything here but problems with? It is not redundant and you lose both HD's if one fails, so its better and more modern to install to one HD in AHCI mode with the other unplugged, then after install use the other HD for storing a backup image and your file backup for quick reimaging if the first HD should fail or Win7 becomes irreparable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/295354-restoring-raid-os-reinstall.html
Relevancy 52.46%

If anyone is interested, I have come up with a method to enable raid on amd systems without a reinstall. The intel chipset boards were pretty easy however amd has always given me a bsod when doing this [until now]

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi every one,
Trying to reinstall XP pro +media centre original disk 2002 version but upgraded to 5 nicely. Moved computer and it kept crashing on start up due to loose Ram. Now I cannot upgrade download patches etc. Well corrupted but no virus. My bios will not find hard drives (sataraid set up). But I can use computer and Office 2007 internet nice and fast . It is not safe to continue using like this but when I attempt to reinstall It says files are missing and eventually it stops. On re boot. I have to change from XP set up on boot to media centre or I get this message.
Stop:0X000007B (0XF78D2524,)xC0000034,0X00000000,0X00000000,) I don?t understand raid but is supposed to be linked to that according to help. Would an OEM of Vista correct this? Any help or suggestions please. I am demented!!!!
Chris

A:XP reinstall setup raid failure

Have you tried booting to the Windows CD, then running a Repair install?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-reinstall-setup-raid-failure.107241/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi

I have a Dell XPS Gen 5 with Raid 0. I want to reinstall XP. I have the RAID drivers on a floppy and I select F6 during the installing process. I select the correct RAID drivers then the process continues and then says something like 'Windows will now start'. Few more seconds, the screen refreshes and goes black like it's trying to start windows, then I get the blue screen of death. It's complaining about the hard drives or hard disk controllers and recommends I run a CHKDSK. Of course, I've done this and the problem remains.

I haven't reformatted the disk, or zapped the RAID before trying this install and I'm wondering if that's the problem.

The XP install disk is the one shipped with DELL

Any ideas?

A:Reinstall XP on Raid Hard Drives

Did you ever get any answers or figure out how to do this? I am trying to do a fresh install now on my XPS 400, with two 250 gig hard drives in a Raid array so that one is the mirror of the other. I am using all the Dell disks that came with the system but am getting no where. Also, I had to disconnect the CD drive so that the start-up sequence would go to the DVD drive (for the Dell Windows XP restore disk which is on a DVD). Using F2 or F12 to change the start sequence didn't work, because the DVD is not listed there. I don't know where to find the Raid drivers to put onto a floppy disk and use selecting F6.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reinstall-xp-on-raid-hard-drives-399947.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there I have just suffered the loss of all the data on my raid drive after a windows reinstall to get over a really annoying spyware issue I have four SATA drives plugged into an ASUS AN -sli motherboard Two are set to run as normal drives the other two a pair of western digital GB drives are set as a stripped raid array I have my windows install xp x program files and documents on one drive media files on the second and the raid array is for video editing Before the reinstall my plan was to back up my documents to the media drive Unfortunately I managed to back most of them up to the raid array instead For the reinstall I unplugged all the other drives Formatted the windows drive and once the reinstall was complete plugged the other drives back in Everything looked to be fine so I went of to the kitchen when I came back check disk had kicked in and was listing files which used to be on one of the raid drives before I set up the raid array Once windows loaded the drivers were all accessable as expected reinstall 0 after files reverting old raid to but the raid array now shows a set of old files from a previous windows install which I thought had been formatted off the drive before I set up the raid The raid raid 0 reverting to old files after reinstall drive also now has the name one of the disks used to have not the name the old raid drive had The raid otherwise seems as expected the right size BIOS seems correct just it doesn t have the right files I am running the latest nforce drivers Is there anything I can do to try and get the files back or are they gone forever Thanks in advance for any assistance Stuart Martindale nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-0-reverting-to-old-files-after-reinstall.821572/
Relevancy 51.6%

OK bought a new computer for work The builders were supposedto set it up as RAID They didn Stupid pro reinstall 1 RAID windows xp t They should be responsible BUT I figured what the heck I have discs So downloaded the f raid drivers for Stupid windows xp pro RAID 1 reinstall windows from the manuf site and they Stupid windows xp pro RAID 1 reinstall are correct Set RAID in BIOS - GB SATA drives SEt RAID in RAID setup screen Started a re-install of XP Pro Asked for RAID drivers like it should Continued w install installing the correct RAID drivers Did a FULL format of the drive THEN as the setup proceeds XP says quot can t find xxx inf on cd if blah blah blah Press this to skip file but XP won t work that was funny but true tried it once Anyways I m now parked at this screen waiting to contact tech support tomorrow The file it s looking for is identical to the RAID driver on the floppy well maybe not identical since the file is a sys file but I believe the inf file is there as well and I copied them out of the x folder to prevent any problems regarding where it is and windows in it s stupidity it can t find it yet I suspect it should already be loaded or it couldn t see the drive I assume I m stuck and would like to fix this soon but see no way around it short of trying to slipstream a CD w xp and the driver Shouldn t have to do this ANY advice short of just RMA ing this thing nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I posting this in the hope that it helps somebody Well my hard disk WinXP Portege RAID - drivers S100 Reinstall and F6 using died so got a replacement one I did not have the original dvd so innocently I thought just down load the drivers from the website Well did all that and the raid was still not seen Changed raid settins in the bios which you get to by pressing escape then set to default settings Portege S100 - Reinstall WinXP using F6 and RAID drivers restart and go back into bios goto page - which is then visible Ensure the disk is set to raid - download the manual but you have to accept any changes by entering when Portege S100 - Reinstall WinXP using F6 and RAID drivers it asks you for a string from the manual Anyway did all that - still no drive visible - so whats going on Well apparently there are sets of drivers kr n and kr i - what the site givesyou is the kr n drivers Which may work for the newer ones but not mine My laptop needs the kr i Which I cant find on the tosiba website BUT http download cnet com raid-drv- -zip - - html or you can google for raid-drv- So the steps for me were use nlite to add the kr i drivers to a patched WinXP SP cd and boot using that It worked seamlessley After that it all went great Well I didnt have much hair to begin with but even less after the process finished Good luck

A:Portege S100 - Reinstall WinXP using F6 and RAID drivers

Hi

Thanks for posting this short instruction here in the forum.
I think it could be useful for some users who try to install the Win XP and try to include the RAID drives.

PS. The RAID driver can be downloaded also from the Toshiba European driver page!
I installed Win XP and I uses the nLite tool in order to include the RAID driver!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?43437-Portege-S100-Reinstall-WinXP-using-F6-and-RAID-drivers
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm using XP Home, and in the device manager, under "SCSI and RAID controllers", "SCSI/RAID host contoller has an exclamation point. It says that the registry info for this device may be corrupt (code 19). The trouble shooter and Windows Update tell me to check for updates to the driver (which there are none of) or to reinstall the device (do they mean the driver? I dont see a way to reinstall the device. I dont even know what hardware its needed for). When I uninstall the driver and reboot to reinstall it, it tells me it cant start, and needs to start in the last known good configuration, which was before I unistalled the driver.

A:[Solved] SCSI/RAID host controller code 19 Registry info damaged, reinstall/update

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-scsi-raid-host-controller-code-19-registry-info-damaged-reinstall-update.105312/
Relevancy 48.16%

So I ve been in the mood for some good RPGs lately and I ve outplayed all correctly, repair Solved: not or please reinstall" been "Game SWKOTORII installed has of the Solved: SWKOTORII "Game has not been installed correctly, please repair or reinstall" other ones I have I tried to play SWKOTORII Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic but the disc was too scratched up to work I looked online and found that toothpaste works A half hour later BINGO the discs start to work perfectly The problem is that when I Solved: SWKOTORII "Game has not been installed correctly, please repair or reinstall" try to run it I get the message quot This game has not been installed correctly please restore installation or reinstall quot The discs look alot better but there are still a few Not deep scratches that remain but I know discs scratched worse that still work I read that this can also be caused by Anti Virus and such and in that case I have AVAST Anti Virus and Spyware Terminator anti Spyware Also after fixing I noticed that there are alot of circular scratches Very shallow but I m guessing those are because of the toothpaste I also was wondering if it was possible just to download a program to go through and find missing components for the game Thanks for all your help Evan nbsp

A:Solved: SWKOTORII "Game has not been installed correctly, please repair or reinstall"

I've read a lot of online debates about using toothpaste for fixing discs. The one thing I can say for certain is never clean/repair a disc in circles. Sure some home disc repair tools do so, but they do it uniformily. If you are cleaning or buffing by hand do it in straight lines from the center outwards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-swkotorii-game-has-not-been-installed-correctly-please-repair-or-reinstall.956081/
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok so a few days ago I was on my computer and it started running a little slow so I decided to restart This is when all the trouble began Following the reboot at the welcome screen i was greeted by several registry errors and a message saying a backup copy of wont xp to it tried but Windows install BSOD. windows, correctly!? had reinstall my registry had to be loaded So I thought ok why did this happen So I rebooted again to make sure every thing was still in check After the second reboot not sure if I can call it Windows xp had BSOD. tried to reinstall windows, but it wont install correctly!? that i didn't even get the welcome screen Instead i got a quick flash of a BSOD stop error and that was it So after overall reboots I figured my computer had crashed and decided to do a clean install I got my original cd free of scratches and formatted the hard drive completely Then when setup began to copy the files about different files could not be copied I tried to install windows AT-LEAST times I only got past the welcome screen twice and windows was completely crippled even though it did manage to load I tried reformatting repairing the install created a new partition and tried to install and all have failed The thing i find strange is that almost each time it would copy files some of the files would change So I am at a loss and don't know what to do or try next any help I have a gb hd ram pentium Msi computer with an Aopen motherboard

A:Windows xp had BSOD. tried to reinstall windows, but it wont install correctly!?

Pity you reformatted, sometimes that BSOD stop code gives a little insight to a problem. Could have referenced to a hardware fault and somewhat ruled out a few possibilities.
I've also had this problem with files not transfering and I just bought another CD and it worked. It happens with Server 2003 too. The CD just suddenly stops working and thats it.
You could try cleaning your CD\DVD drives laser, but thats a bit of long shot really. (didn't help in my case)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-had-bsod-tried-to-reinstall-windows-but-it-wont-install-correctly-291784.html
Relevancy 46.87%

First time posting blush Situation I have two hard drives main drive Seagate GB w windows xp and second drive WD TB blank Without backing up the main drive ops i went ahead and enabled RAID on both drives and created a RAID volume KB strip Size TB GB NOTE the RAID volume size is only showing the exact space of the TB excluding the GB drive After realizing that I needed to create a backup image of my main drive to use RAID with an existing drive I m left with the quot Operating System Not Found quot message RAID volume disks deleting to RAID non-RAID issue - restore Question If I Delete RAID Volume which is based on the size from the blank TB drive will both drives become available as non-RAID disks and keep the original data on the GB main drive and be able to run windows again I m using software RAID through Intel Matrix Storage Manager option ROM v I understood that quot Resetting the drives to Non-Raid quot will cause all data on the disk to be lost so this isn t the approach that RAID issue - deleting RAID volume to restore non-RAID disks I ll be taking til I find a solution to backup my data However from reading the quot Delete RAID Volume quot option it listed Deleting a volume will destroy the volume data on the drive s and cause any member disks to become available as non-RAID disks so knowing that the RAID Volume is blank then maybe trying this will be the answer When using the Microsoft Recovery Console in RAID mode attached w both drives logically there isn t any directories files found At the moment I m seeing if I can find any data in the MR Console with RAID disabled and accessing only the main drive Just wondering if Knoppix or Data recovery softwares can backup the data Thanks to anyone taking the time to read my post nbsp

A:RAID issue - deleting RAID volume to restore non-RAID disks

sadly, there's no way to do what you want without an existing backup.

Look at it this way;
A disk has a container ~ the partition.
The partition as a structure ~ the filesystem (eg NTFS, FAT32, RAID).
We put our data into the structure.

When we create backups, we are getting only the data itself (unless you use an image program like Ghost or Acronis where you get all three).

Deleting the RAID will give back the two independent HDs, but also breaks the structure so that the data becomes in accessible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-issue-deleting-raid-volume-to-restore-non-raid-disks.160717/
Relevancy 45.58%

So currently my gigabyte motherboard has - TB drives in a mirror raid as my secondary drive for data storage and GB single drive for my OS In the BIOS I have the setting set reinstall single Raid drive on backup need XP Mirror question OS drive on to Gigabyte to RAID for my hard drives which I set this after I loaded windows when Gigabyte Mirror Raid on backup drive need to reinstall XP on single OS drive question I first started but now my GB single OS drive needs to be reloaded but my XP disc will not see the drive since I have it set to RAID I'm having trouble loading the raid drivers from gigabyte and I thought it would be easier to set the hard drives to AHCI mode and unplug my - TB drives reload windows on the then plug my -TB drives back up then switch the BIOS back to RAID but I am worried that this will mess up my RAID on my - TB drives I would hate to experiment and lose the data on those drives Will switching modes mess up my RAID

A:Gigabyte Mirror Raid on backup drive need to reinstall XP on single OS drive question

Pull the drives off the system, do whatever you need to do to get XP installed. When that is working, change the settings to RAID, then reconnect the mirror.

It's best to install XP with nothing else on the system anyways, otherwise you risk having XP decide to install your O/S on drive "D:".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gigabyte-mirror-raid-on-backup-drive-need-to-reinstall-xp-on-single-os-drive-question-550698.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I m hoping someone here can help I m very new to Raid so you ll have to excuse my ignorance here I m using an HP pavilion p Y with x TB WD Caviar Green s trying to set up a raid array I ve reached the Nvidia raid array setup utility and it appears I have successfully loaded the raid drivers After doing this I inserted my Windows x home premium install disc and it sat on quot Detecting storage devices quot After a few minutes of this I was presented with Raid disks reserved Raid - 1 for no disabled use raid an Error stating quot No disks reserved for raid use raid disabled quot Then shortly after switches to a message stating quot Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key quot I m now unable to reach the Nvidia Raid setup and unable to load the windows disc I m certain the CD drive is good as it works fine in another computer BIOS Mediashield ROM BIOS RPT Copyright C NVIDIA Corp If someone would know what to do from here please share your knowledge Thanks Chris nbsp

A:no disks reserved for raid use Raid disabled - Raid 1

Do you have Windows on the drive now? How did you load the drivers? Drivers won't function without an operating system, so I'm a little confused about exactly what you did.

How did you run the setup utility? Does your machine support hardware RAID or are you using software RAID? Are there RAID settings in BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-disks-reserved-for-raid-use-raid-disabled-raid-1.1025933/
Relevancy 40.42%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc RAID load RAID<input when on windows to tries driver no with BSOD system type= U CN B BJ Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Originally every - mos now every - wks during windows startup I get a blue screen quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer quot I disconnect power wait a couple of minutes and restart It restarts normally then I get quot The system BSOD when windows tries to load RAID driver on system with no RAID<input type= has recovered from a serious error - please tell Microsoft quot I send error report Windows error reporting responds quot Download and install driver for RAID controller from Intel website quot I follow the link and download iata env exe but when I try to run it I get quot BSOD when windows tries to load RAID driver on system with no RAID<input type= This computer BSOD when windows tries to load RAID driver on system with no RAID<input type= does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software quot This doesn t surprise me since I do not have a RAID controller on this system My question is - how do I stop Windows from looking for RAID drivers to load at startup There is no RAID controller listed in Device Manager so I can t disable it there This started some months after I upgraded some Intel drivers about yrs ago but I do not know what they were or how to un-upgrade them nbsp

A:BSOD when windows tries to load RAID driver on system with no RAID<input type=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-when-windows-tries-to-load-raid-driver-on-system-with-no-raid-input-type.1002624/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi there Yesterday my computer was shut down when I returned home nbsp I may have lost power but with as different shows reads RAW, RAID 5 RAW RAID duplicate software Windows drive letter? I am connected to a UPS that Windows software RAID 5 reads as RAW, duplicate RAW RAID shows with different drive letter? should have kept me safe from any surges nbsp Turning the computer on my RAID drive drive letter M is gone and a mysterious new drive has appeared labeled as drive E also showing as a RAW drive In disk management I can see that drive M is its normal size GB nbsp I am using x TB drives nbsp Intel Rapid Storage nbsp Technologhe shows all four drives as healthy and functional nbsp Drive E shows in Disk Management the same as Drive M and I have no idea how it ended up there and what I should do with it nbsp My C drive shows up and works normally where I have my Windows software RAID 5 reads as RAW, duplicate RAW RAID shows with different drive letter? OS and programs installed Not sure where to start but hoping it is just an issue with the MBR nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7a878433-189f-48bd-83e8-6a2f482399e8/windows-software-raid-5-reads-as-raw-duplicate-raw-raid-shows-with-different-drive-letter?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 40.42%

I am running 7 pro 64bit on a ASUS p8p67 deluxe mobo and I copied all data from my 1tb storage D: drive to a backup external and proceded to install raid 5 with 3 single 1tb drives and the raid is up an running. However using Intel Rapid Storage Technology to setup the raid inside windows I had to use the drive letter R: because D: was not available in the list option. When I start some programs, the program is looking for the data on D: drive. Is there any way to change the letter of my raid storage from R: to D:?

Thanks
Jeff

A:RAID 5 switched from single storage to raid 5, lost drive letter

It's possible the cd-rom/dvd drive assigned itself as d: before the new raid was created.
This should be solvable using the windows disk management tool if that's the case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/192411-raid-5-switched-single-storage-raid-5-lost-drive-letter.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I ordered a 3620 with 2 hard drives configured for RAID 0. It has already shipped. I realize now that I made a mistake and should have ordered the RAID 1 configuration. I realize this will reduce my total drive capacity.
Also, I'm planning on adding a 3rd HDD that I do not wanted to be included in the RAID. Any help on switching RAID levels and adding the 3rd drive would be appreciated. I'm expecting the machine to arrive tomorrow.
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19997378
Relevancy 40.42%

Yesterday I woke boot question disk issues RAID Solved: RAID - disappearing - up to find my computer had bluescreened overnight scsiport sys was in the bsod message Solved: RAID boot issues - disappearing disk - RAID question and the stop error code was a --------------- x A KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR Click to consult the online MSDN article A page of kernel data was not found Solved: RAID boot issues - disappearing disk - RAID question in the pagefile and could not be read into memory Solved: RAID boot issues - disappearing disk - RAID question This might be due to incompatible disk or controller drivers firmware or hardware Windows NT Setup Troubleshooting Guide KB NT Recommendations for the current error message are buried down inside this article which isn t necessarily limited to NT Connecting a Hard Disk Drive in Slave Only Mode Leads to System Halt During Resume From Standby KB Win XP SP Windows installed on a slave drive BIOS Manufacturers Should Not Clear the IDE Decode Enable Bit in STM ACPI Method KB Win Win XP Server Vista via http aumha org a stop htm -------------------- The system has preformed fairly flawlessly up to this save for a CPU fan error which I may have caused in testing note to self never detach a system fan while the computer is running JUST to see if the fan readout warning system works and bluescreens a while back because I had both DVD drives set to cable select I rebooted several times and the system did not find a bootable drive - it would just hang at the cursor that displays before the XP splash screen appears Once my raid utility reported my RAID failed I have two Seagate GB RPM drives in RAID and a as a standalone drive I use for backup My board is an ASUS M V FULL SPECS SilverStone Temjim TJ case ASUS M V Socket AM VIA K T ATX Motherboard AMD Athlon X Windsor GHz Zalman Heatsink G SKILL GB x DDR PC SAPPHIRE Radeon X PRO MB -bit GDDR RAID Seagate Barracuda GB RPM SATA Hard Drive x Seagate Barracuda GB RPM SATA Hard Drive x SAMSUNG X DVD R LightScribe Black IDE w Powertek PSU OPTI-UPS Voltage Stabilizer SAMSUNG BW Black in ms DVI Widescreen LCD SAMSUNG NW Black in ms VG XP Pro SP The GB drives are in SATA ports amp and the GB is in the port labeled as RAID there are only available SATA ports The GB array is partitioned into a GB windows parition and a GB storage partition with some unallocated space on the disk Finally it booted to windows and I began to verify my data had been backed up which was not the case I use NovaBackup as an automated solution So I began to manually backup and the BSOD appeared again I rebooted and it once again hung on the cursor before the XP splash Rebooted several times and it finally went back to windows same BSOD after about - minutes Rebooted several times no go I booted to a live ubuntu CD and received error ata port failed to respond along with a slew of other errors I rebooted and it went to linux - no hard disks were found I disconnected the disk drives booted shutdown reconnected and booted again - same error Reseated RAM whynot - same error Long story short - after no less than reboots XP finally booted stably and I backed up my data The system has not had the same issue since yet I would not be surprised if it happens again However Last time I booted the GB disk had disappeared It was not in My Computer or Disk Manager Rebooted and it was available I am just looking for some information and advise on this issue My diagnosis is a failing raid controller on the board or a failing disk I ve listened closely to the drives and there is no audible sign of failure Perhaps I m using the RAID SATA port incorrectly I m looking for a disk utility to verify the integrity of the disks ---- Also I have a question about drives in RAID -- if I were to detach my RAID drives insert new drives and change the raid configuration would it be possible to reinstall the old drives change the raid config back to RAID and boot from the drives or would the RAID need to be rebuilt re... Read more

Relevancy 39.99%

Guys,

Is it possible to use a separate hard disk for your OS and programs with data storage on a RAID Array consisting of two (or more) identical hard disks?

Would the system disk need to be the same size as the disks used for the RAID Array?

Thanks!

Fly'n_Blind!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-can-you-use-a-independent-hd-for-your-system-disk-with-raid-array-for-data.83025/
Relevancy 39.56%

I keep trying to migrate it using minitool partition wizard but whenever the action has been completed it won't boot from the SSDs windows recovery comes up. Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/migrate-os-from-3-raid-5-one-failed-hdds-to-2-raid-0-ssds.1166683/
Relevancy 39.56%

i have an MSI 915P/G motherboard with two maxtor 160GB HDD's as a RAID 1 array. my mobo has an onboard RAID controller. the system worked. wanted to reinstall xp, so i performed [email protected] killdisk on my c: partition. now windows doesn't see my RAID array. i installed an additional seagate SATA HD and was able to install XP on it. device manager displays a yellow question mark by my RAID controller, but if i install drivers for the RAID my computer fails to boot and goes to windows 'safe mode or last known good OS' screen. safe mode just keeps rebooting, last known good takes me back to RAID controller driver problems.
any ideas of how to get my data off the d: partition of my maxtor drives would be great.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-load-raid-drivers-therefore-winodows-doesnt-see-raid-214549.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi all My RAID I think I have two equal drives that are mirrored array was causing me a lot of pain It kept freezing up my system and having me to had to rebuild the RAID too often After a number of tests and browsing questions deleted array, have RAID Windows RAID - 7 but I ok info online I've decided that the RAID was the culprit of the freezing and BSODs that came once in a while Before deleting the RAID array I went and RAID - deleted RAID array, Windows 7 ok but I have questions used the Seagate my HDDs iso file and used their diagnostic tool to check the drives I did a long test of one of the HDD Device and it passed I deduced that this was at least a good drive I didn't do a long test for the other HDD Device But with both after a short test both passed I then went into the RAID manager DOS-looking screen before Windows starts and then 'reverted' Device to non-raid Then decided to choose 'delete RAID setup' for the Device All good so far I rebooted and Windows actually started fine This is where I'm at right now as I type this No freezing so far What I wanted to know is how do I find out which HDD Windows is booting off from Is there a command line I can use in command prompt window in DOS mode to find out this info It'd be great to know that I'm not on Device since I haven't done a Seagate diagnostic long test on that one Also I'd ideally want to have the second Device HDD formatted so that I can leave it in my tower and use it as an external HDD with Syncback This is the closest thing I can have to RAID and I'm perfectly happy if I can get that setup since I'm done school and don't do any heavy software and intense workload on my system that I'm risking a lot to lose Is this even possible Windows lists both disk drives in the device manager but only one drive C under 'My Computer' So far no freezing Before when RAID was still on my system I'd be frozen three times by now If anyone has any feedback about this I'd much appreciate it My system stats - Windows Home Premium full retail bit - age of system is approximately months - haven't formatted system since new install - Gigabyte motherboard

A:RAID - deleted RAID array, Windows 7 ok but I have questions

You can do into Disk Management and it will tell you which drive is used for booting. It will say it is active.

I am confused as to one part. You say you want to leave the second drive in your computer, but use it as an external. You can use one as your main drive, and use the other for backup...however a good backup process involves a drive that isn't readily available all the time. That being said, something like SyncToy from Microsoft will allow you to choose folders and on a schedule or manually, copy them to the second drive. I use this on my wife's laptop to keep her photos backed up to our server.

RAID has no place on a desktop system, so you are better off without it. But to get started, just go into Disk Management to see how your drives are configured now. Post a screenshot if need be.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/225503-raid-deleted-raid-array-windows-7-ok-but-i-have-questions.html
Relevancy 39.56%

My mum recently gave her computer to me since she got a netbook and thought that she wasn t getting enough use out of such a computer An error message kept showing up when I powered on the computer apparently this had been showing up for some time It was on the Intel Matrix Storage Manager before Windows started one of the physical disks were listed in red However the computer was still in full working order but I wanted to get rid of the screen that kept coming up so in an attempt to fix it I went into the Matrix Storage Manager s configuration utility and Array Non-Raid :( to Reset now please help and nothing's 0 my Solved: working, Raid not knowing what it would do reset the disk listed in red to Non-Raid Now ever since I ve done that I ve seen nothing except the BIOS all that comes up after Solved: Reset my Raid 0 Array to Non-Raid and now nothing's working, help please :( the Matrix Storage Utility now is a device listing and it says at the bottom DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER I inserted an OS disk and nothing would come up Since then the closest thing I ve had to progress was by going into the BIOS settings and changing the hard disks SATA mode to IDE After setting it to that the Matrix Storage Utility doesn t show up which I thought was a good sign at first but then afterwards the same final screen shows up but the message at the bottom had changed Boot from CD Then after a couple of seconds loading it comes up with Missing Operating System Since I ve had this problem I ve tried discs to try and save my own I first tried a Windows xp installation disc but I still had no reaction after it said Boot from CD and carried on to show Missing Operating System I then went on to try the free operating system Ubuntu on disc that also had the same outcome I had a final try at making a disc with something on called Ultimate Boot CD which was supposed to be able to fix problems like I m having but yet again the same outcome Before it s mentioned I have had my boot priority set for CD first Here is a slideshow of pictures I ve taken of the screens I m getting from the computer Note Start at picture and go in a backwards order down to when I uploaded the pictures they came out in a back to front order I will also post details below talking you throw each picture http img imageshack us slideshow webpl id jpg That s a slideshow of pictures of different screens I ve accessed on the computer The first is the basic default start up screen The second is the screen that shows up next The third and fourth are from the menu that shows up when I press Ctrl I when on the second screen and as you can see it s saying I can t create a raid volume because of No disk space The fifth picture is what comes up after I exit that menu or don t press Ctrl I on the second screen The sixth seventh eighth and nineth pictures display me going into the BIOS and changing the hard disk to IDE note in each picture the options on the menu I have highlighted are the ones I go into which take me to the next screens if this helps The tenth screenshot is what comes up after the Philips screen when the computer s first turned on this is after I ve set the hard disk to IDE The eleventh screenshot is what comes up after that and is a slight change from the fifth Computer specifications Philips Freevents MT Intel Core Duo E GB HDD RAID SATA rpm GB DDR RAM MHz x DVD R RW DL OS Was running Windows Vista Ultimate until this happened Please please help me fix this problem I don t care about what s on the hard drive I had already backed up my mums documents and was still in the process of moving mine on there so mine are still backed up I don t care about the operating system going either I have xp or Ubuntu to go on However I just want the computer back up and running cause my mum s flipping out that I ve mucked it up and I ve been toying around on it and searching all over forums to try and fix it for two days now nothing s worked out nbsp

A:Solved: Reset my Raid 0 Array to Non-Raid and now nothing's working, help please :(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-reset-my-raid-0-array-to-non-raid-and-now-nothings-working-help-please.917149/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi..thanks for the help...I have XP installed on a non raid drive C: I am trying to install XP on a RAID0 set up.....I have tried to install the raid set up but the puter reboots after a BSOD right when it tries to get to my desktop...is it because of some conflict with another OS on the non raid drive? I tried to disconnect the non raid drive before booting up the raid XP but still..no dice...any ideas?
Thanks
FoxK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-is-it-hard-to-install-a-copy-of-xp-on-a-raid-array-after-its-already-on-non-raid.480467/
Relevancy 39.56%

could I add an internal non-raid hard disk drive to my computer and leave my other hard disk drives in a raid configuration ASUS tech support said that I could add optical DVD CD drives to my SATA connections on my mobo is that correct The mobo manual does not indicate that I can so I don t know if I should believe the tech guy or not unless the information is buried deeply and briefly in the manual - I sure can t find it in the manual My IDE controller on the mobo seems to be failing so I want to replace my IDE dvd and cd drives with SATA optical drives DVD Burner Lite - on LH- A H- CD Burner Lite - on LH- R P- Case Silverstone SSTemjinTJ CPU Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz M shared L Cache LGA Processor CPU Cooler ZALMAN LED configuration? Non Solved: Disk 5 Drive Raid in Raid mm Ball Fax modem Encore ENF Solved: Non Raid Disk Drive in Raid 5 configuration? -ESW-MOPR Motherboard ASUS P B Deluxe LGA Intel P Express ATX Intel Floppy Drive NEC Black MB quot Internal Floppy Drive Model FD H- Power Supply OCZ GameXStream OCZ GXSSLI ATX V W Power Supply - V RAM Corsair total GB x GB -Pin Solved: Non Raid Disk Drive in Raid 5 configuration? DDR SDRAM DDR PC Video Card eGeForce GTX MB Hard Drves Seagate HD G ST K M SATA ST AS Raid configuration nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I have a computer running XP which was built with a pair of GB hard drives which have met their limit in terms of free space so the user is wanting to upgrade These drives appear to be running in some kind of RAID setup via the motherboards built in RAID feature not a PCI card running this setup This is the first time I ve encountered a RAID setup in a home-based PC One other minor problem I have is this motherboard an Asus ABN-VM only has two SATA ports which are both used so I m going to have to clone to an external drive as an image file and then connect the new single GB drive and clone back drives) clone Need RAID to mirror non-RAID, a single to a HD (two from that image to the new drive However come to think of it I have an adapter that Need to clone a RAID mirror (two drives) to a non-RAID, single HD would allow me to connect the new drive to the PC via USB so scratch that concern I guess I decided to take the plunge and see what Clonezilla would do with the external USB drive I Need to clone a RAID mirror (two drives) to a non-RAID, single HD have and the two GB drives in the PC When the main menu appeared I told it that I wanted to work in device to image mode and then told it to mount all drives It then asked me Need to clone a RAID mirror (two drives) to a non-RAID, single HD to select the drive I wanted to use as the source but it presented both drives as individual drives not a single mirror as I was expecting the motherboard to present it as So don t know what to do from here Perhaps there s another cloning utility out there I could run from within Windows or could boot from a disc that would recognize this array and clone it to a single drive properly Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advanced nbsp

A:Need to clone a RAID mirror (two drives) to a non-RAID, single HD

If the drives are mirrored then imaging one drive should be all you need. If the drives are striped then the two drives are being combined together to make ~160GB drive.

I guess to determine this, what is the capacity of the main 'logical' drive? 80 or 160'ish?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-clone-a-raid-mirror-two-drives-to-a-non-raid-single-hd.1021396/
Relevancy 39.56%

I created a windows system image with the backup and restore utility built into win7. This windows install is on a single hard drive. I built and onboard RAID 0+1 array and used the windows 7 install disk to restore the image on to the new RAID volume. Windows starts to boot up but the screen goes black and reboots. The windows recovery screen appears and asks if I want to run the startup repair or start windows normally. I selected the startup repair. Windows goes through it's paces and tries to repair but fails. It says "NoRootCause" and the problem is likely caused by a recent system change or upgrade. I have the feeling windows needs some kind of RAID drivers or something. The onboard RAID is a P5W DH Deluxe motherboard. Any ideas? Is this even possible to do?

A:Windows 7 System Image - Restore Non-RAID to RAID 0+1

MetalliMyers, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Assuming you built the RAID while still using the single disk this is what worked for me when I was experimenting with RAID,

1. Install drives and configure the array

2. Boot to Windows and install the necessary RAID driver

3. Make a full backup after the drivers are installed

4. Used imaging program (at the time I used Acronis True Home, but should work with any imaging app) to put the backup on the array

5. Disconnected the single drive after imaging just to remove it from causing any problems

6. Started up and it booted to Windows

No promises but it should work. Failing that you are looking at a fresh install of Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/123200-windows-7-system-image-restore-non-raid-raid-0-1-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

hello everyone I am thinking to renew the whole data in current renew can data how array? RAID question: I raid the in raid array md My environment is raiddev dev md raid-level persistent-superblock chunk-size nr-raid-disks nr-spare-disks device dev hdb RAID question: how can I renew the data in raid array? raid-disk device dev hdd raid-disk this dev md is home so I m not booting from this disk and the other file systems including root and boot are on dev hda What I want to do is to renew the whole data in home Is there any way to do this by switching dev hdd with all new data copied then sync this new data to the other raid disk dev hdb FROM dev hdd the disk just added with new data TO dev hdb currently active raid disk Usually after switching the HDD to new one data in dev hdb is to be copied to dev hdd for recovery But in my case I want to do the opposite I would be so appreciated by all your helps Thank you nbsp

A:RAID question: how can I renew the data in raid array?

I'm not sure what you want to do.. You want to copy something to the /dev/hdd disk (from another computer maybe) and then copy the data from /dev/hdd to the RAID array?

Since you are using RAID1 then it should be fairly simple.
You just simulate disk failure by removing /dev/hdd. You could do this by making the hdd drive hdc instead (jumper it to be the secondary master). Now you mount the "hdc" drive (that really was you hdd) and copy whatever you want to /dev/md0.
Since it's a RAID1 array then all the data that goes to md0 is written to hdb and when the /dev/hdd comes back the RAID is syned onto both disks again.

I'm not sure if that makes any sense to you. Can't be less obscure than your post though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-question-how-can-i-renew-the-data-in-raid-array.21482/
Relevancy 39.56%

My Eyes er bleedin_n_my heads a spinnin
Been readin Raid-0 threads n pages for weeks now

The more I read the more confusing it gets!

I have two new WD800JBs, two old Fireball Plus AS 40 gig drives,
and a 5th 20 gig Quantum drive...for...."Disk Management Console Tweaks."

A Gigabyte GA7vaxp mainboard with Onboard Promise, and an old FastTrak100 pci card.

1. Is the Promise card better then the onboard version?

2. Can I create a hardware Raid-0 array as my primary partion;
then go into Disk Management Console and create a 2ndary
Dynamic Disk Array with my old Fireballs?
Perhaps I should just keep my old Fireballs for Storage/Backup and buy another WD800jb (only 80 bucks) for a hardware controlled 3 drive array.........or single ata WD800jb with dynamic disk array.......?

Blah...........bla,bla.........blah, blah blah!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-raid-0-xp-dynamic-disk-raid-0-combo.104351/
Relevancy 39.56%

The computer has been fine for around 2 years, never an issue. About an hour ago I reboot the machine and instead of having my RAID 1 as my C drive, I now have two identical drives, the C drive and the H drive.

How do I get them back to where they belong?

In the BIOS SATA is still set to RAID, and I admit that I didn't do the raid config. I am assuming it was RAID 1 because both drives are still working, just working separately instead of as one.

Any suggestions?

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/382296-lost-raid-after-pc-reboot-win7-pro-64bit-raid-1-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Installed a new M4 ssd today and loaded windows on it. Previously i was using 2 raptors in raid 0 for the os and programs. I re raided the 2 raptors and connected them to the jmicron ports and set them up for raid in bios, then created the raid 0 array no prob. Windows doesnt see the array when loaded up and i have the latest rst drivers installed..did this prior to the os install on the ssd. did i do something wrong? using the x58 e760a1 mobo. under device manager, the raid controller has an exclamation mark and no driver installed yet i have the latest rst 10.8.0.1003 installed..

A:Win 7 raid 0 setup / missing raid controller driver

Try loading the JMicron drivers from the motherboard manufacturer. RST is for Intel chipsets.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/198266-win-7-raid-0-setup-missing-raid-controller-driver.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello All

I have 2 500Gb SATA Seagate disks in a Raid 0 (stripe) configuration running VISTA. Was running like this for a while and then installed another 250Gb SATA Seagate drive.

My raid controller recognized this disk as a non-raid disk and I could see it was using port 2 on my raid controller (port 0 and 1 were being used by the 500Gb disks). I then preceeded to install XP on the non-raid disk (had to use F6 to install raid software while doing this install). Xp installed fine and I can access the RAID-0 disk while in XP. The problem is I cannot boot into VISTA again.

I tried playing with BOOT.ini but cant get it to recognise the RAID-0 disk as bootable. Please help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-boot-with-raid-0-and-non-raid-disk.115653/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey guys I have another idea for a general IDE RAID SCSI General Discussion: vs. RAID discussion based on one project I have taken on at work Each department at my work has General Discussion: IDE RAID vs. SCSI RAID their own budget for expansion IT needs etc So I have one General Discussion: IDE RAID vs. SCSI RAID workgroup which uses a NT Server which greatly needed more storage space They currently have a SCSI array and when confronted with the cost of expanding the SCSI enviroment all hopes were lost Quite simply too expensive So not to cut my depeartment workers short of General Discussion: IDE RAID vs. SCSI RAID thier needs I quickly set out to find another solution I stumbled upon an IDE ATA RAID controller card After doing the math I figured I could give the department gigs of mirrored storage x for less than the cost of a single gig SCSI HD keep in mind you would need two of these I notice that the IDE RAID array does not read quite as fast but being that this is only a workgroup server and not an enterprise server it is not really a problem I have been playing with the IDE RAID array to test the rebuild capabilities error detection and correction flexibility etc and the setup has passed with flying colors I would like to hear about anyones expiriences with this type of setup or thoughts I d also like to find out what the actual difference in read time is between SCSI and ATA ATA arrays Let me know what you think Want a link to an IDE RAID Controller Card Only Controlls IDE devices PS RAID Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disk Being that a gig SCSI drive cost maybe they should rename it RAED Redundant Array of Expensive Disk nbsp

A:General Discussion: IDE RAID vs. SCSI RAID

IDE raid is an attractive option for folks not needing the high-end capabilities of SCSI drives, and speeds are certainly getting better with IDE drives, though not nearly as fast at 15K RPM Ultra-320 SCSI drives. One thing that will improve your array, add one more drive. You'll get the RAID redundancy, but much faster access, reading and writing. With mirroring, writing is actually slower than a single drive, and reading is basically a single drive. With RAID-5, requiring at least three drives, reading and writing will be faster than a single drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/general-discussion-ide-raid-vs-scsi-raid.108898/
Relevancy 39.13%

OK, I was using one Vertex 120 as my Windows 7 C: drive and bought another to take advantage of RAID0 performance. Did a system image backup of the C: drive to my 1TB D: drive, installed the 2nd Vertex 120 (both are FW 1.5), enabled RAID in BIOS and created a RAID0 in the Intel RAID launch program. Then did an image restore to the new RAID0 C: drive. And... it won't boot -- hangs about 1 second into the "fireflies" in the boot process. It must be the boot.ini doesn't like the RAID0 config when it was backed up as a AHCI drive. Windows 7 repair fails. How do I gain access to the boot.ini file? Or is it the boot.ini file?

I should add that it does boot from a clean Win7 install, just not the image restore from the single AHCI Vertex.

HELP!!

A:Cannot boot from non-RAID image restored to RAID SSD

You need to get the raid drivers into the o/s you just restored.

The only way I can think of to do that is with Paragon Adaptive restore - select P2P adjust o/s ,select the o/s to adjust, select upload drivers, browse to the .inf - give it a few secs to load , next, Apply, and it's done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/84776-cannot-boot-non-raid-image-restored-raid-ssd.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I already looked over the disk RAID for reserved use, No RAID disabled. RAID thread about installing and so on but what about repair or fixing a drive My old computer lasted for years before I replaced it So No disk reserved for RAID use, RAID disabled. I don t know a whole a lot about RAID and SATA and only recently got a computer with new technology Before I post the rest of my info here is exactly what happened leading up to this My computer froze and I restarted the computer It ran for a few more minutes and then it froze again Then as it was restarting the cooling fan failed I restarted the computer and it tried to load a few more times but would not completely load the OS and would freeze Then each other time of restarting it had trouble recognizing my DVD-R RW drive and HDD I checked the BIOS and trying disable then enable the No disk reserved for RAID use, RAID disabled. RAID function in the BIOS Tried it with IDE as well I don t know what the other one is something like ACHI or AGHI Also changing the Boot order to DVD-R RW first No disk reserved for RAID use, RAID disabled. then HDD then switching it back to no luck I double checked the connection to the DVD-R RW drive and HDD My computer has a diagnostic function so at start up I ran the diagnostics and my processor and GB of ram is running correctly When I started searching online I found a site where the exact same chain of events happened to someone else Here is the site with the thread Computer froze fan quite working quot RAID disabled quot Here is the link http www pcmech com forum computer ontroller html Here is the first link about someone having the same problem as me Fortunately I have another cooler fan that works and have plugged it in my comp and it runs now also if I let the computer sit the drive is recognizable but will not boot I have an older computer I am using with a usb connector that has a power supply and multiconnector that can have sata ide connected I am using this to hook up my SATA drive to my old computer Fortunately it recognizes the main partition with my data and the HP partition that has the system restore and recovery partition on it I have downloaded the RAID Restore program but I am taking my time with it unfortunately if you use a RAID probe it cost money and the program will only diagnose if it can be restored Again don t know a lot about raid or restoring or repairing it I found another thread on another forum where someone had the same problem and it turned out it was a faulty power connector Here is the link http www techsupportforum com hard eassembly html If it turns out to be the RAID array is there a way I can repair it without using the RAID Restore program a manually way of repairing it Is there a way I can replace some files on the drive to restore the RAID Does windows have a restore disk I can use or has anyone created a disk to restore this problem I had a problem with a computer with XP and someone had taken the recovery part of an XP Install CD an posted how to manually created a way to repair the MBR which I used and the computer booted up Unfortunately PCs come with restore partitions than CDs when buying computers from places like Best Buy Also I searched out the repair features in Windows and they say there is a start up repair function Is there a way to use this on the drive without booting into Windows which I can t do I cut the computer on again and it detected the drive and ran the diagnostic and the hard drive passed the first test but it did not pass the boot test and the computer said to press F at start up Once the computer recognized the drive again I tried the F I guess that is the windows repair but unfortunately was not able to access it nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

Before I post the rest of my info here is exactly what happened leading up to this My computer froze and I restarted the computer It ran for a few more minutes and then it froze again Then the as it was restarting the cooling fan failed I restarted the computer RAID reserved use, for disk disabled No RAID and it tried to load a few more times but would not completely load the OS and would freeze Then each other No disk reserved for RAID use, RAID disabled time of restarting it had trouble recognizing my DVD-R RW drive and HDD I checked the BIOS and trying disable then enable the RAID function in the BIOS Also changing the Boot order to DVD-R RW first then HDD then switching it back to no luck I double checked the connection to the DVD-R RW drive and HDD My computer has a diagnostic function so at start up I ran the diagnostics and my processor and GB of ram is running correctly When I started searching online I found a site where the exact same chain of events happened to someone else Here is the site with the thread As soon as I post post I will post it Try googling quot Roasted RAID Controller quot - that is the title Here is the link http www pcmech com forum computer ontroller html Here is the first link about someone having the same problem as me Fortunately I have another cooler fan that works and have plugged it in my comp and it runs now also if I let the computer sit the drive is recognizable but will not boot I have an older computer I am using with a usb connector that has a power supply and multiconnector that can have sata ide connected I am using this to hook up my SATA drive to my old computer Fortunately it recognizes the main partition with my data and the HP partition that has the system restore and recovery partition on it I have downloaded the RAID Restore program but I am taking my time with it unfortunately if you use a RAID probe it cost money and the program will only diagnose if it can be restored I found another thread on another forum where someone had the same problem and it turned out it was a faulty power connector Again I ll post the link later Or google quot sata drives not recognized after disassembly reassembly quot and choose the first link In the archive it is number Here is the link http www techsupportforum com hard eassembly html If it turns out to be the RAID array is there a way I can repair it without using the RAID Restore program a manually way of repairing it Is there a way I can replace some files on the drive to restore the RAID Does windows have a restore disk I can use or has anyone created a disk to restore this problem I had a problem with a computer with XP and someone had taken the recovery part of an XP Install CD an posted how to manually created a way to repair the MBR which I used and the computer booted up Unfortunately PCs come with restore partitions than CDs when buying computers from places like Best Buy Also I searched out the repair features in Windows and they say there is a start up repair function Is there a way to use this on the drive without booting into Windows which I can t do nbsp

A:No disk reserved for RAID use, RAID disabled

I waited for the computer to cool, installed the drive, and it recognized it. I immediately ran the diagnostic tests, the HDD passed the first test but not the Boot test. The computer said to restart the computer and press F8 key repeatedly for repair. I will try it again once the computer cools down, the next time I restarted it did not recognize the drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-disk-reserved-for-raid-use-raid-disabled.156245/
Relevancy 39.13%

I replaced my 2 aging 250GB drives in my RAID mirror with newer ones. The problem now is that even after formatting one of the old drives for a new OS, is still boots as if it is connected to the Intel RAID mananger, showing that the RAID is degraded and this is on a different computer. How do I remove the RAID info from the drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/formatted-old-raid-drive-still-shows-up-as-raid.1002818/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have tried to find the way to do this, but without success as I cannot see the wood for the trees. Any help or URL would be welcome.

I have a mature W7 system, with so many applications loaded that rebuilding from scratch is just not an option. I have a 300MB Velociraptor wholly given over to the OS and another empty 300MB VR. I want to extend, that may not be the right word, my OS to use both disks in Raid 0.

A:Converting to Raid 0 Windows 7, NOT Hardware Raid 0

sorry, a mistake, duplication

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/226407-converting-raid-0-windows-7-not-hardware-raid-0-a.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I think I know why it's causing the drive to appear as Non-RAID. My computer restarted itself while I was sleeping. I logged back in and there wasn't any notification from the Intel Matrix Storage Console that my RAID had crashed or was crashing.
I started unzipping a file I just downloaded, and realized something wasn't right since it was taking forever for the file to unzip. I wasn't sure what was going on, so I restarted my computer. That's when during boot it said that one of the drives is a Non-RAID drive. I don't know how to fix it right now, and I would like to refrain from having to re-make the RAID without being able to backup everything from it. Is there some way I can gain access to the HDD that's Non-RAID and delete the files I unzipped to restore it?

A:RAID 0 Crash, displays one drive as Non-RAID

Hello and welcome to TGS
Raid 0 has no redundancy at all, if one drive fails you have lost all your data.
I am fairly sure it can not be rebuilt without losing the data.
This is why with any type of raid set-up it is important to have good backup
http://www.acnc.com/04_01_00.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-0-crash-displays-one-drive-as-non-raid.585507/
Relevancy 39.13%

I had an adaptec 1210SA SATA RAid controller with two 160 Gb. drive mounted in RAID 0. I bought a new controller (Adaptec 2410SA) and I disconnected my two 160 Gb. drive to connect on my new controller. But now it doesn't see my RAID 0. So, I reinstalled my old 1210SA and reconnect my two drive but now it only see a JBOD and windows can't access my drives. I see that I can create a RAID 0 without initialize the two hard drives in the controller BIOS utility, but I'm not sure I could recreate the RAID 0 without loosingall my data (and damn me I should check out before doing the upgrade but I wish it's not too late). Could someone give me a hint how to recover my data? (And sorry for my english I from Montréal, Québec and I speak french). Tank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/moving-raid-0-to-another-sata-raid-controller.30046/
Relevancy 39.13%

total 5 disks.

thanks for any insight.

A:what provides the greates storage capacity? Raid 0 or Raid 5

Raid 0 and Raid 5 are so different from one another I think we should have better descriptives for them.

I don't know, does R-0 allow for more than two drives? If so then its R-0 for sure if all the hard drives are the same size, but I'm leaning toward two drive max even though I have no idea.

If its two drives only for R-0 then its R-5 for sure because even with the redundancy recovery resource data occupying each drive the total still available from 5 drives will be more than 2 striped drives.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-provides-the-greates-storage-capacity-raid-0-or-raid-5.648290/
Relevancy 39.13%

hi I want to buy two new HDD for my RAID mirror in desktop to store my data i have onboard RAID ASrock H M but also contemplate to 1 software windows HDD NAS desktop (or for RAID or raid) use the windows raid on other SATa ports in case I want two Raid- size would be TB or so this is to keep data until NAS or desktop HDD for RAID 1 (or windows software raid) i backup or for the backup mirroring gives me some added safety I want Hitachi for the better reliability NAS or desktop HDD for RAID 1 (or windows software raid) I have WD and happy with them but it seems Hitachis is a tad better also want rpm I noticed newegg mainly sells the NAS version of the Deskstar I read all about the -second timeout for NAS drives and how a RAId would drop a normal desktop HDD etc so normally for a desktop i woudl buy the non-NAS version which are barely available On the other hand the RAId on-board and windows may benefit from the NAS version Or am I overthinking this for RAID Is the NAS version slower Price-wise it seems more to depend on where to buy them I don't mind spending or more for the right HDD while i weigh reliability higher than speed Currently I have two GB WD Black Caviar in RAID and a WD green as backup which is terribly slow never buy a green drive My OS w Pro is on a NAS or desktop HDD for RAID 1 (or windows software raid) Samsung SSD So speed is secondary but I do weekly virsuscan of all my data etc and noticed the Green drive takes half a day So i definitely don't want a slow HDD My case has front fans for the HDD What's the advice The more I read about NAS the more my head spins and it seems at some point all HDD will be labelled NAS I know the NAS have less vibration etc but the fact they give up looking for data after seconds unlike desktop drives makes me nervous Edit the reason I don't want a regular NAS is that if my PC fails i want to be able to pull out the HDD and install it in any PC without fuss and get my data Actual RAID is not an option since rebuilding depends on the controller and if that fails my RAID would be gone all i read about NAS is they are not good for backup and expensive compared what i get for a normal PC Here the NAS link here the desktop link The NAS version talks about mio MTBF so i assume it lasts longer since the desktop version doesn't mention MTBF

A:NAS or desktop HDD for RAID 1 (or windows software raid)

Hey there HerrKaLeun!

I can see you're a bit confused about the drives and NAS requirements. But it's a good thing you're looking into details to understand better. Let me see if I can help you clear things a bit.

The NAS environments are very tough. Regular drives used in RAID/NAS systems can get damaged, destroyed and corrupted really fast because they aren't designed with the "defences" that NAS/RAID hard drives have.

NAS/RAID drives are equipped with technology protecting them from the higher temperatures and constant vibrations, gives them 24/7 reliability, they're tested for longer hours to endure in a harsher environment, all to protect the information you store better.

Some NAS/RAID drives are for smaller NAS systems like the WD Red, others are for larger NAS systems like the WD Red Pro and for large enterprise systems like the WD RE. The "smaller system" drives can't handle larger NASes than the ones they're designed for (e.g. 2-4 bay system is a small NAS), but the "larger system" drives can handle small NASes (e.g. 6-8 bay system is a large NAS); in most cases enterprise NAS/RAID drives are the ones with bigger and safer works.

These reasons are why you should consider a specialized drive for NAS and RAID rather than an usual desktop drive.

The MTBF means Mean Time Between Failure, and is typical to be characterized for such NAS/RAID drives, usually in hours which usually sum up at around 1 mil.

Whether you'll choose a WD, HGST or another brand, that's all up to you personal preference, certain requirements and financial ability.

Hope I've helped!

CK_WD

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/357204-nas-desktop-hdd-raid-1-windows-software-raid.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have been doing research on purchasing 4-bay+ external RAID enclosure for myself. I have done research on software vs. hardware raids for this system, but one question still eludes me; so I am going to ask it here directly.

If I buy software RAID enclosure I will have to use some included software to set-up my raid. So, if I take my enclosure to another PC and plug it in (let's say eSATA) I will not be able to read the data, correct? If I get true hardware raid, the raid set up will be on the build in controller so I will be able to take the enclosure from computer to computer, right?

And since TS has new poll feature lets try it out...

A:Hardware vs. software RAID on 4-bay+ RAID enclosure

Regardless of whether you use software or hardware RAID, the enclosure will work whatever you plug it into. The only thing that might not work is connecting an individual disk (used as part of the array) into a device. It all depends on whether the device in question can read the controller used for the RAID set up.

For example, I ran with RAID 1 for two 2TB hard drives in my PC, but I can connect one of them to the same device as a non-RAID disk -- which I successfully did when the RAID broke down for an unexplained reason.

However, it is unlikely to work in a computer, and you should approach it as not working at all in anything but the RAID enclosure. It's also worth pointing out that splitting RAID disks in such a way could corrupt the data. Given that pretty much every decent RAID enclosure worth its salt will include gigabit ethernet at the size you're looking for, availability shouldn't be an issue across your LAN.

Hardware-based RAID arrays are also more reliable in operation, and have the extra benefit of being recoverable in a controller failure by replacing it with the same version as before. Software RAID's are less reliable, slower performing and in the event of a controller failure can be difficult to bring back online.

Basically, when it comes to RAID arrays, don't skimp on cost. The better the quality/controllers the more reliable and better performing it will be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-vs-software-raid-on-4-bay-raid-enclosure.185358/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have a couple questions as raid Raid need 0 help Calling I all Gurus: 0 I m fairly new to setting up a raid with a more serious card Promise Fastrak SX -M vs Intel ICH R I have a three drive setup x Seagate Barracuda GB and my operating system is going on it I never really paid too much attention to it until now The promise gives me the option of a and k stripe block I formatted it with a k stripe size and ran HDTach which gave Calling all Raid 0 Gurus: I need raid 0 help me an average of like mb sec I felt it was a little slow as I have a gb Seagate Barracuda achieving close to mb sec so I went Calling all Raid 0 Gurus: I need raid 0 help back Calling all Raid 0 Gurus: I need raid 0 help to see if I configured anything improperly but I don t think I did as the promise does not offer many options stripe block or Fast Init Y N Also the drives are detected as mb x In windows it appears as a GB drive in My Computer and when you right click and select properties for the drive it shows up as a drive with a capacity of as opposed to On my Intel raid when I had just two drives it would show up as x for the capacity Cliffs Questions Should my drive raid configuration be faster than mb sec Are more drives in a raid environment better for speed How do I interpret the and stripe block options the card gives me and where should I set it for OS use How do I explain the loss of space as explained above FYI - I am not setting up this raid for redundancy all i want out of this is speed I have separate drives that i regularly back up to In addition I have adequate cooling to all drives and have never experienced a failure since aiming fans directly at them nbsp

A:Calling all Raid 0 Gurus: I need raid 0 help

Why is everyone asking for gurus?
Let me give you a good piece of advice - never trust a guy who says he is a guru or knows everything about something.

I have never operated a RAID0 array in my life, but I can still try to answer your questions.

That RAID card is PCI, isn't it? No, you won't be getting much more speed out of the thing. PCI bus has a max transfer rate of <130MB/s and that is only theoretical. I'd guess your 110MB/s is the limit for you.

Stripe size tells you by how big chunks the data is spread across the disks. 16KB means that first 16KB of your data goes on the first disk, next 16KB on the second, next 16KB on the third and the next 16KB on the first again.

For single-tasking systems smaller stripe size is better because it distributes your single-process HD access to as many disks as possible giving you the best response times. For (very) multi-tasking systems bigger stripe size is better because one disk request would only use part of the array, leaving the rest of the drives free to serve some other request.

The drive size numbers differing is probably a combination of the 1000/1024 issue, rounding errors, RAID housekeeping (the RAID controller may keep information about the array on the disks) and filesystem overhead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/calling-all-raid-0-gurus-i-need-raid-0-help.42790/
Relevancy 37.41%

I need some advice on a hardware software issue The basics I have Win Pro bit installed on an ASUS P P D LE motherboard which supports RAID and using Intel Matrix RAID 7 to 1 RAID Hardware Windows 1 Storage Technology through an on board Intel P chip set The system was assembled in Nov using two Western Digital Caviar Black Gb drives in RAID as Drive C I now know from Western Digital Customer Service that I shouldn t have done that but let Hardware RAID 1 to Windows 7 RAID 1 s move on from there Last December an error message informed me the RAID array was broken and identified one of the Mb drives as needing replacement I happened to have a spare Tb WD Caviar Black at the time so I pulled the Mb drive and replaced it with Hardware RAID 1 to Windows 7 RAID 1 the Tb drive Life was once again good Then on July th wouldn t you know there was a repeat of the December error message telling me to replace the other original Gb drive Hardware RAID 1 to Windows 7 RAID 1 Okay so I had another Tb WD Caviar Black laying around please don t ask and did a similar swap out That s when I emailed WD Customer Support asking about the since their diagnostic software said the drives were fine That s when I learned that I should be paying lots more for enterprise quality drives if I want need RAID Well that s not what ASUS says in their advertising but live and learn All that s prologue because my real question is whether it s possible to break the hardware-based RAID array and set up a Windows -based RAID with the two Tb WD Caviar Black drives without having to reinstall Windows I really don t want to do that if I don t have to

A:Hardware RAID 1 to Windows 7 RAID 1

You might be able to break it if it is truly RAID1, but I would think you'd need to run a repair to get it booting again. But, we can back up a step. Why bother with RAID at all? It's wasted on a single user desktop, especially for mirroring. It isn't a good backup method, so why use it?

If it was my system, I'd run one drive internally, cut into C and D partitions, then stick the other drive in an external housing to use as a backup drive. No need to overcomplicate a system setup, and no need to mess with dynamic drives.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/239610-hardware-raid-1-windows-7-raid-1-a.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi, I'm new user on this forum, but have used it for help in the past.

I'm trying to set up 2 Raid1 arrays using 2 Promise FastTrack TX2300 cards in PCI slots 3 & 4. My problem is the system sees both cards on initial boot, but as soon as I set up the first array, it then won't allow me to set up the second array on the second card, it just goes on trying to boot the operating system.

I assume that the system is finding the cards, but once it sees the array set up on the first card, it doesn't bother to look at the next card.

So how do I go about getting the system to see both cards so that I can setup 2 Raid1's?

Hope I've explained that properly.

Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 37.41%

I've searched around and found many threads on converting from non-Raid to RAID however, little on the process of going the other way. If you know a thread, please pass it along.

I have a system image from the Raid 0 system on a single disk. However, it appears if I set the SATA configuration in BIOS as AHCI or IDE the system will not boot. It appears that leaving the SATA configuration in RAID mode allows the system to boot, even if the main drives are not configured as RAID.

Is there any down-side to leaving the SATA controller configured as RAID? The Intel RAID manager comes up during boot and reports the two disks as non-RAID.

Am I stuck having to leave that mode set (other than doing a full rebuild of the system and all applications)?

This is all on Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Thank you,

-a

A:Converting from RAID 0 to non-RAID SATA

Generally speaking, switching from non-RAID to RAID 0 involves a complete data wipe on the drives you want to set up in RAID to allow the RAID controller to construct a RAID array with whatever drives. I am not sure if that would be the case for the reverse process, but I have a feeling it probably has the same effect. Especially if you decided to delete the array.

In either case, I would make sure you have a complete backup of any and all files you want to save before attempting anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/143628-converting-raid-0-non-raid-sata.html
Relevancy 37.41%

hi to all Ive just bought a hotway x raid hdd enclosure before buying this i know nothing about raid and all ive non raid turn to to raid? enclosure possible a wanted was just a harddisk enclosure that can stack up all possible to turn a raid enclosure to non raid? my harddisk into usb and power supply but then possible to turn a raid enclosure to non raid? the salesmn told me that this is possible to turn a raid enclosure to non raid? a raid enclosure which will help u backup your files and you can turn it off as well which i actually dont need to backup but after ive bought it i only learn what raid really is studying all those raid and i dont wanna combine all my harddisk into harddisk especially when my harddisk is all with data inside even that ive switch it to single mode it detect my harddisk as empty or unallocated and of course i didnt perform format and plug it back to my desktop and everything was still there so is there anyone that can help or tell me how do i set it up as just a normal non raid harddisk so that it will show up as several harddisk in my computer with all my data inside instead of drive or unallocated help will be appreciated Hotway HFR -SU S FW HDD Enclosure - Black -HW-HFR -SU S FW Techbuy Australia

A:possible to turn a raid enclosure to non raid?

ive just bought a hotway 4x raid hdd enclosure... but i know nothing about raid before this.. all i wanted was just a harddisk case that could stack up all my harddisk into 1 with 1 usb and 1 power plug while in my computer still show up as seperate drive...

the salesman though explained to me that raid is a backup function and i can turn it off if i don need it... but after ive bought it.. then i only learned what raid is... and i don want all my harddisk to combine into 1... eventhough i turn it to single mode... it detect my harddisk as empty or unallocated... i don want that as i still have data inside...

so how to or is it possible to use this raid enclosure as a non raid while my computer can show all my harddrive as individual without formatting it?

help is much appreciated...

Hotway HFR2-SU3S2FW HDD Enclosure - Black (13-HW-HFR2-SU3S2FW) | Techbuy Australia

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/369447-possible-turn-raid-enclosure-non-raid.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello i have bought new PC and i need RAID 0 i want to buy 4 HDDs @ 250gb but i am not sure about performance, i mean i doubt RAID controller can support 500mB/s bandwith. Can anyone help me to chose 2xRAID 0(2x250gb) or 1xRAID 0(4x250gb)

A:2HDD RAID vs 4HDD RAID

raid-0 can be a disaster without a good backup plan.

If at all possible, go with a raid 10; thats a Mirror over a set of Stripes.
At least you get a chance to react without the immediate disaster of a full system restore.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2hdd-raid-vs-4hdd-raid.109199/
Relevancy 37.41%

I'm really hoping there are some hardware gurus here that can help me with this. I've searched to the ends of the "www" (well, it feels that way anyhow) and have found no conclusive answer to this question:

If I have a machine with XP installed on RAID-0, can I add a 3rd, non-Raid drive to an available SATA port, install Win7 on this single drive and then be able to boot from either the XP-RAID or Win7-SATA?

A:Dual boot with Raid + non-Raid

Hello hines57, welcome to Seven Forums!

The method in the info below would be the best way to go about it; just be sure to reconnect the SATA cables for the RAID into the original port.

Information

The easiest way to do away with boot issues between separate Operating Systems (OS) is to use the BIOS one time boot menu to select which OS to boot at system startup, each motherboard has an individual hot-key to tap during system start-up to access this menu.

If you have 2 separate Hard Disk Drives (HDD) and have one OS installed to one HDD and you want to install another OS to the second HDD, disconnect the HDD with the first OS installed on it and leave only the HDD you want to install the second OS to connected.

Just be sure not to change where the original HDD SATA cable was connected, it has to be re-connected to the exact same port to avoid boot issues.

Install the second OS to the connected HDD and when complete and the system is booting good, power down and reconnect the first HDD with the first OS on it.

This way the OSs will boot independently of each other and there will be no boot conflicts between the 2 separate OSs to have to sort later.

Then set the BIOS to boot the HDD / OS you want as default and if you want to start the other (new) OS you use the BIOS one-time boot menu to select that HDD / OS to start when the PC is started.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/114467-dual-boot-raid-non-raid.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I just received my new P ER-CT WW nbsp This is a laptop nbsp I ordered it with the minimum hard drive possible gb rotating nbsp This is because Lenovo is charging nearly for the M GB SSDs nbsp I purchased two Samsung PRO GB units for just without on Enabling RAID ordered P70 RAID under nbsp My intent is to stripe RAID these two Enabling RAID on P70 ordered without RAID drives as my boot drive nbsp nbsp However after receiving my laptop and installing the M drives i booted into the BIOS only to discover that the RAID configuration is missing from the BIOS config menu nbsp I called tech support and got bounced from tech support to software support to tech support to premium support and back to tech support this took almost an hour and a half nbsp The end result of this phone call was kicking this up to level tech support with a call back in to hours i don't know what happened to hour premium service nbsp Lenovo does not advertise that you MUST purchase the raid drives from Lenovo if you want to use RAID nbsp They advertise the support of RAID on this laptop on both the M drives and the drives with the optical drive adapter nbsp NOWHERE does any advertising or specifications say that only the factory can enable the RAID capabilities nbsp By the way I believe this also applies to enabling ECC with the appropriate SODIMMs nbsp This looks to me like deceptive advertising nbsp I purchased this laptop for all of it's capabilities nbsp nbsp I believe that I have been cheated out of features that I have paid for nbsp With laptops available costing around when I spend on a laptop I expect to get everything advertised for my money nbsp I am a repeat Lenovo customer because of excellent products and service nbsp This has not been evident so far with my new P nbsp Lenovo please do one of the following in order of preference nbsp nbsp Provide me with the appropriate firmware software or documentation to enable RAID nbsp Exchange this laptop for an identical laptop with RAID enabled nbsp Return the laptop and give me my money back nbsp Lenovo please address this issue nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Enabling RAID on P70 ordered without RAID

The only way to currently have either RAID 0/1 enabled is to have it configured at the time of manufacture. There has been some tangential discussion of being able to enable RAID 0/1 by the end-user after delivery, but I haven't seen any further information to that effect. You do have a 30 day ability to return the unit for replacement through customer support. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Enabling-RAID-on-P70-ordered-without-RAID/td-p/3297079
Relevancy 37.41%

Which is better: Software RAID 1 using Windows or Hardware RAID 1 using a RAID controller? Do either of them allow you to move the drive to another computer?

A:Hardware RAID vs Software RAID

https://www.adaptec.com/nr/rdonlyres..._hwraid_10.pdf

http://augmentedtrader.wordpress.com...0-things-raid/

I`m sure you`ve already Googled it, I`m just trying to pull up more info.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/324680-hardware-raid-vs-software-raid.html
Relevancy 37.41%

A related question...what if I want to clone a raid 1 OS partition to a PATA harddrive on the same system...will the raid drivers through a monkey wrench into the works?

A:Move RAID boot to non-RAID

seekermeister said:

A related question...what if I want to clone a raid 1 OS partition to a PATA harddrive on the same system...will the raid drivers through a monkey wrench into the works?Click to expand...

No, that should be a problem at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/move-raid-boot-to-non-raid.498435/
Relevancy 37.41%

For Trim to work in RAID 0 Intel states with the latest IRST Drivers they provide, also provide by Lenovo, an up-to-date Intel RAID ROM or EFI RAID "SataDriver" from v11 up needs to be present within the BIOS. My questions is does my Lenovo P70 with the latest 2.03 BIOS, have this Intel RAID ROM or EFI RAID "SataDriver" from v11 up ? I would really like to know if Trim is working since I run RAID 0. If not I would request Lenovo update the BIOS so folks like me who run RAID 0 get Trim enabled.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-is-an-up-to-date-Intel-RAID-ROM-or-EFI-RAID-quot-SataDriver/td-p/3337285
Relevancy 37.41%

I currently have 4 250gb HDD's and i am going to RAID them through RAID 0, although i am not sure whether i should use a RAID controller, or RAID them using the software in BIOS. I have found a RAID controller for $38 at my local tech store, it supports up to 4 SATA 2 (3gb/s) ports, which is what i need. Although, i am hesitant as to which would be faster, this RAID controller, or setting up RAID 0 through BIOS?

Thank you.

A:Hardware RAID vs Software RAID?

A $38 RAID card is likely no better, possibly even worse than the RAID offered by the motherboard, which would be considered firmware RAID, which at $38 the card is probably the same. A true high performance hardware RAID controller will cost hundreds of dollars.

But without exact model numbers it's hard to give a firm answer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-raid-vs-software-raid.1070376/
Relevancy 37.41%

Just wondering if I reformat my Vista, will I still have my RAID-0 and stuff? (I know, it's a stupid question).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-reformat-raid-no-more-raid-184483.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi -

"Autoruns" tells me that several drivers labelled "RAID" are getting loaded on boot/login (marked yellow in the image), but my disks are NOT RAID, just regular SATA and NTFS. Similar question for the multiple USB drivers...? (Win7, 32 bit)

Do I need them, or can I remove them from the startups?

TIA!

A:RAID drivers but disks are NOT RAID - do I need them?

bump!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/245353-raid-drivers-but-disks-not-raid-do-i-need-them.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I wonder to HP Workstation - not RAID To RAID or Z820 if anybody help me out my system is as follows Computer Name nbsp PC nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Model nbsp HP Z Workstation nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Computer Type nbsp Desktop nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Manufactured by nbsp Hewlett-Packard nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Baseboard ID nbsp B nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Serial Number nbsp CZC LX nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp BIOS version nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp HP Z820 Workstation - To RAID or not to RAID nbsp Processor nbsp Intel R Xeon R CPU E - v GHz processors nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Enabled Processor Count nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Total Memory nbsp GB nbsp nbsp nbsp HP Z820 Workstation - To RAID or not to RAID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Local Storage nbsp GB nbsp This comprises of SSD drives each GB nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Graphics Card amp Driver nbsp Quadro K HP Z820 Workstation - To RAID or not to RAID -- nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Slots in use nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SLOT PCI Express Gen nbsp Quadro K nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SLOT PCI nbsp LSI OHCI Compliant Host Controller nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Operating System nbsp Windows -bit nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Current Culture nbsp en-US nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Current Active Power Scheme nbsp High performance GUID c e fda-e bf- a - a -a e a c c nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp HP Performance Advisor nbsp nbsp Database Timestamp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Installed Applications nbsp Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise nbsp I'm wondering if i would benifit from using the onboard Intel Rapid Storage RAID Either or instead of two seperate SSD cards Micron

A:HP Z820 Workstation - To RAID or not to RAID

What can i expect performance wise.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Z820-Workstation-To-RAID-or-not-to-RAID/td-p/5798751
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello!

I have a MSI K8N Neo2 Nforce3 mobo. It has 4 SATA ports on it.

Right now I have 2 SATA Western Digital 40gig HD's on SATA 1 and 2 ports in a RAID-0 configuration.

I want more disk space so I just purchased a SATA Seagate Barracuda 72000.10 320gig HD. Can I just plug it into SATA port 3 and run with it? I don't want it on the RAID. I just want it as a HD to put pictures and crap that don't need to be on the RAID. I mostly want to use the RAID for games and my OS.

Relevancy 37.41%

Hello everybody, i've bought just a few days ago a LENOVO Beacon NAS System with 2 x 1TB HDD.Now i want to use it in RAID 1 mode to have my data backed up.How can i know that i have activated RAID1 and my NAS System is not running in RAID0 mode? And if it is in RAID0 how can i change it to RAID1. I would appreciate any support because i can't find so much information about the Beacon NAS System till now. Yours,fcmal

A:how to check if raid 0 or raid 1 is activated?

you must click on raid management and wait for while  it shows up the you can see it in raid level will be number 1 or 0 or jbod 

OS6.build_195_v1.1.9.2.ROW after ud Lenovo Beacon Version 1.7.1013.0, OS6.build_195_v1.1.10.2.ROW, latest OS6.build_195_v1.1.12.2.ROWLenovo IdeaPad s12Ion, Levovo G580, Lenovo B5400.....

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Beacon-Stick-300-D-J-and/how-to-check-if-raid-0-or-raid-1-is-activated/td-p/2078227
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi RAID and Clean Install Driver Install Win7HP-Help Array and New with RAID RAID Win Home Premium newbie Short version of long story - replaced old dead RAID Drives in Win XP system with new GB Drives plus plan to upgrade RAM to GB would have liked more but and install new OS WIN Home Premium Bit New RAID Array and Clean Install Win7HP-Help with RAID Driver Install MB is GA-EP -UD R Rev and I am having trouble figuring out how to get prepare and install the Intel RAID Drivers for Bit Win HP My main problem is that on the Gigabyte site they offer two RAID Drives Quote Intel SATA Preinstall driver For AHCI New RAID Array and Clean Install Win7HP-Help with RAID Driver Install RAID Mode Note Press F during Windows setup to read from floppy OS Windows XP bit Windows Server bit MB Quote Intel SATA RAID AHCI Driver OS Windows XP bit Windows XP bit Windows Vista bit Windows Vista bit Windows bit Windows bit Windows Server bit Windows Server bit MB The first quot pre-install quot driver extract to a Bit bootdisk - Win XP and the second quot I do not know when to use it quot Driver extracts to a iata cd exe This is where I am totally lost Which RAID Driver and from where do I install during the clean install of Win I get the need for a USB Stick Thumb Drive with the RAID Driver on it that Win will ask to be pointed at but which Driver I cannot extract anything from the iata cd exe Tried -Zip Universal Extractor and File Alyser - I do not see a Win Bit Raid Driver Do I point Win at the whole file The first Driver states that it is for Win XP Bit or Win Server Bit but it is extractable My new RAM and OS will arrive in the next couple of days so I really need help with this

A:New RAID Array and Clean Install Win7HP-Help with RAID Driver Install

The pre-install driver will allow setup to install the files correcty on the RAID array this is offered for XP only.

When you have created the RAID array in the BIOS Utility and you launch the windows 7 setup does it show the new array as a possible install location? If so there is no need for a pre-install driver (Win7 supports a variety of RAID setup out of the box).

If you do need a pre-install driver, you have not been offered one for Win7/Vista on the Manufacturers website. The only solution to this I have found is to Download "7lite/Nlite" and build the "post install" driver into the win7 image then burn a new disk (or burn to USB pen for faster install).

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/285813-new-raid-array-clean-install-win7hp-help-raid-driver-install.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello Gurus Finally coming back here as i cant get help anywhere else for past or days i am trying to get a software raid to work but it is not happing and i am not getting anywhere What i am trying to do Simple i am trying to setup a Software system "FlexRAID" over file with Help Raid Raid: Software Raid over file system with paid software called quot FlexRAID quot because i am not able to find an alternative to this software i wanted to give it a try as it wont delete my data on drive that are already full Screen Shots and error logs are available here Install and setup FlexRAID Combo st Time and Need help pls and description in very extreme details are in this forum FlexRAID Data Protection - Page Finally orginal issue and why i am going with quot FlexRAID quot can be found here Hard drive images are not showing up So can someone please help me with quot FlexRAID quot issue I am using Windows x bit Enterprise with SSD on Hardware Raid Thank you very much

A:Help with Software Raid: Raid over file system "FlexRAID"

Hello Never mind guys i am going to return my unit back and wait on this , i think i am going to be ok

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/313679-help-software-raid-raid-over-file-system-flexraid.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I bought Office 2016 months ago, but due to windows update failure I had to reinstall win10 thereby losing Office 2016.
Can someone point me to a contact? I bought Office 2010 online from MS. TIA

A:how to reinstall Office 2016 after win10 reinstall?

If you bought online there should be a record of this and you will be able to download Office again. Try this link http://www.office.com/myaccount

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/49389-how-reinstall-office-2016-after-win10-reinstall.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Title says it all. My computer is very sick and I've received an error message today saying windows must be reinstalled, insert the reinstallation dvd. I don't have that disk anymore though I do still have the product key.

What should I do?

A:How do I reinstall windows 7 if I've lost the reinstall disk?

You may need to buy a new one. Do you have a recovery partition on your hard drive?

That is a very strange message, though. Are you sure you're not infected? Where and when did you see such a message?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-reinstall-windows-7-if-ive-lost-the-reinstall-disk.1056130/
Relevancy 35.69%

ok, this is strange.. I reinstall Windows XP Home because My computer was messed up. It deleted all my files.. so on my desktop screen I don't have any Program Files Icons BUT it still save my Files!!! I have my orginial files in my Documents folders and In my Program Files It has all the Programs and files that go with that program???
How do I zap everything back on my desktop screen so I don't have to go Download each files as new again??? And I how do i get my Internet Favorite Links and my Notepad with my saved information in it??

Thank you!!

ps. Yes I did try the "Start" and then program files and none of the programs are there.. BUT yet it is in my Program Hard drive C: Program files... with the Program and all it's content???

A:Reinstall XP Home How do I reinstall all my Program Files I Have?

You installed a new version of XP in the same folder as your old one instead of repairing the one that was there already. Your programs are there, but not "installed". You need to reinstall all the programs to create their registry entries and shortcuts.

You probably have 2 "Windows" folders, too, with different names. Go to Start > Run, and type:

%windir%

to see which one you are using now and delete the other one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstall-xp-home-how-do-i-reinstall-all-my-program-files-i-have.660325/
Relevancy 35.69%

I wanted to convert my Sony Vaio back to Windows after updating to Windows last year I tried using the recovery disks that I created when I got the laptop It told me that I couldn't reinstall So after trying multiple things I finally decided to wipe out the entire hard drive thinking that it would automatically reinstall Windows bit Now when I try to reinstall it can't find a drive to install it to and all I have is a black screen now telling me Operating System Not Found please help so that I can reinstall Windows bit on my Sony Vaio VPCCW FX with a GB SATA Hard drive and GBs of RAM I'm thinking I may need to create a partition so that when I put the recovery DVD in to reinstall Windows it has a drive to install the software onto I don't know how to create a partition or if that will solve my issue My laptop is now worthless Also I can't access BIOS I completely erased won't Erased 7 now to hard reinstall drive but reinstall Win the entire hard disk

A:Erased hard drive to reinstall Win 7 but now won't reinstall

Jim depends on how you set the wipe up and how you formated it mate look at this and if you have access to another machine do it.
If the drive is wiped clean then follow this it says for SSD's but will also work on spinners
SSD Alignment

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/308582-erased-hard-drive-reinstall-win-7-but-now-wont-reinstall.html
Relevancy 35.69%

i've decided to go ahead and reinstall w pro given my extensive messing around with it has finally caused some quirky unexpected results - it's a relatively new installation so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle didn't get a chance to install a lot of third party programs and such the thing is i did purchase and install the w media center pack - how do i go about getting this back do i have to contact ms i'm fairly certain that i don't have an activation number for the pack if Media W8 W8 Center Pack Reinstall - Reinstall? After i recall i just paid for it online and then was allowed to download it and install it also i thought i would go ahead and do a clean install all over again as opposed to a reset or refresh given i want to make certain that i'm starting from scratch again or do you think a reset or refresh might be the better option i'm not concerned about keeping W8 Media Center Pack - Reinstall After W8 Reinstall? any personal settings or files intact any advice would be appreciated

A:W8 Media Center Pack - Reinstall After W8 Reinstall?

They will have given you a Product Key for it - Just reinstall Windows 8 and then get Media Center again using the same Product Key, it's yours now. After you install it, the Media Center Key will be your new OS key.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/24671-w8-media-center-pack-reinstall-after-w8-reinstall.html
Relevancy 35.26%

At the moment Mix Controller? Sata Sata Raid Nforce Disks Can Non-raid 4 The And On You my system is set up with a bootable disk SATA RAID array via the SIL ports I am trying to FIRSTLY add a new SATA hard disk to the Nforce SATA Can You Mix Non-raid And Raid Sata Disks On The Nforce 4 Sata Controller? ports as a non-raid drive which I Can You Mix Non-raid And Raid Sata Disks On The Nforce 4 Sata Controller? want to make the system s BOOT disk and make the existing RAID array non-bootable SECONDLY add new SATA drives in a RAID array via the NFORCE chip I have added the non-raid HD to the nforce sata ports and set the appropriate BIOS RAID setting for the single HD to disabled This has enabled me to migrate boot files etc onto the new disk I cannot however get the system to boot from this new non-RAID hard disk as it does not appear under the BIOS Hard disk boot Can You Mix Non-raid And Raid Sata Disks On The Nforce 4 Sata Controller? setting - instead it boots with the Sil SATA RAID array The only way to get the new hard disk onto the Hard disk boot list in the BIOS is to disable the BIOS IDE SATA RAID setting completely If I do this however it will not allow me to add a further RAID array to the nVRAID controller SO IS WHAT I WANT TO DO POSSIBLE PLEASE HELP Thanks very much Steven Hardware k nxp-sli with nf and SIL controllers GT graphics XP mce nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-mix-non-raid-and-raid-sata-disks-on-the-nforce-4-sata-controller.363669/
Relevancy 34.83%

The problem is i have GB OCZ Vertex SSD's Gb just isnt enough space right now i set them up in a raid setting with a k striping and everythings working good but after windows install and updates and a couple smaller programs i only have like Gb free space i would really like to attach these two drives in a line if possible so that i have a Gb C drive After reading up on raid set ups and that i just can't seem to figure the best way to do this I do only have the two drives and do NOT want to spend any more money on a rd drive to run a JBOD raid thinking i may just have to go with two separate drives one for win and one for storage but it would be so much cooler if i could stich them together as one gb drive Im not concerned with loosing data or anything as if one drive crashes i will just reinstall win from a back up set or just do a fresh new install on which ever drive doesnt fail and deal with just having gb space Can anyone with raid experience let me know IF this is possible and if so HOW i set it up

A:Raid set up Questions - How do i set up a raid with 2 SSD's

Still looking to do this, guessing that no one here has any ideas on this???,,, or i just hav'nt waited long enuff yet lol. I was hoping to do this asap since it is a computer im going to try and sell. Any help would be much appreciated!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/276143-raid-set-up-questions-how-do-i-set-up-raid-2-ssds.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a Dell Dimension 9100 desktop with Windows XP OS and using RAID 0. I want to convert to RAID 0+1. I have installed 2 additional hard disks that are identical to the disks set up with RAID 0. Can I convert my system to RAID 0+1 without rebuilding it?

A:Convert from RAID 0 to RAID 0+1

I don't think so. In any case, you surely have backup for that RAID-0 array, right? Make a current backup, verify it, then rebuild the array and restore it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/convert-from-raid-0-to-raid-0-1.556819/
Relevancy 34.83%

Is it possible to add a non-raid disk alongside a RAID 1array? The server is a Fujitsu Primergy rx200. OS: Windows Server 2003. There are three disk slots, two are occupied as a RAID 1. Rather than rebuild array can we just add a third disk as non-raid?

A:Non-raid alongside RAID

A RAID array is seen as a "hard drive", as in just being a lump of space. It is most likely you'll get it running with RAID+single drive without even changing a single setting, and will most certainly make it work easily even if it does not work on the first go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/non-raid-alongside-raid.893089/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey all,
I currently have 2x120gb segate sata 7200. on a p4p800 se. these drives are just standard i.e not raid 0 or anything
This only has two Sata "plugs" on the mobo.

Im looking to get another HDD say 200gig
My question is : Can i get a sata card and chuck my new one on there and run it as a "standard" drive, AND configure my two existing drives as Raid 0?

Cheers! :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

A:Two Raid 0 and one non raid drive..?

If your existing SATA controller supports RAID then yes. You can also buy the extra SATA controller with RAID and create your array on that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-raid-0-and-one-non-raid-drive.26266/
Relevancy 34.83%

If I get RAID language incorrect please correct me I have a new RAID O computer months old Two hard drives and the information is striped across both hard drives each GB So the information is spread across both drives I did not understand this when I bought it Shortly therafter one of the Raid drives would read that an error up O Backing to from Raid 1 Raid occurred when I rebooted Backing up from Raid O to Raid 1 Two months later the second RAID drive also says that an error has occurred It is still bootable so far as they put the operating system in a separate partition I want to back up the RAID Backing up from Raid O to Raid 1 system To a MyBook T size I want to transfer the C drive configured RAID to a second new computer with Raid Mirror drive set up They both have Vista Ultimate for OS After and I plan to make the first computer a RAID also I have had several unsuccessful back up attempts and I think one successful one with Acronis True Image I say I think because it said that it was successful but I had several failures with the same program that were aborted I have as other back up software NovaStor Backup Western Digital back up Norton Paragon all of which were unsuccessful Some stopped early on while others worked until the last - minutes and they stopped I want a quot second successful backup quot just in case and then successful transfer of the files to the new computer because when I turn the first computer into a RAID system I will lose all of the data on those hard drives I am told I am now trying SyncBackPro at this moment I also have MIGO Alohabob PC Backup for XP and Genie Others I should try Any other suggestions If I use the Windows Vista Ultimate Transfer of files and programs program will it normally successfully transfer what I am trying to back up A year ago when I went from XP to Vista with that transfer I had some problems and had to run it several times as some web urls stored were too long for it to transfer successfully and had to be truncated I then had to reinstall all or most of the major programs but the data was sucessfully copyed I am assuming that a quot Mirror Image quot copy Say using Acronis or another Image program assuming they completed successsfully from RAID to RAID would not work properly Is that true or Not Thank you for any and all help you can provide nbsp

Relevancy 34.83%

hi,
im building a new system right now im not sure how i want to set up my hard drives for maximum performance, in multi-tasking/gaming. the main setup will be mobo5nsli cpu:core 2 duo e6600 memory:4gb ram videocard:7900gs in a antec nine hundred case. should i get a raptor just for my OS raid 0 for my programs and just a sata II for my storage or is that being excessive? would just be running a raid 5 be better for all of that? anyone got any suggestions?

Relevancy 34.83%

Okay so I have a Dell XPS 8300. I have an SSD with windows on it and then 1 TB of Seagate HDDs as "slaves". The slave is (was) a RAID 0 setup. One of the HDDs was making a high pitch sound so I disable RAID using ctrl i and figured out which one. So, the problem is, now that I know which HDD it is, I reconnected the other good HDD so I could still have a 500 gb slave, but windows will not recognize the HDD. The BIOS does, but Windows does not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Switching HDD from RAID to NON RAID

RAID 0 writes in stripes across the drives so if you remove 1, the volume is broken. You would have to make a copy of the contents of the "slaves" then either copy that to the single HDD or add another, set up the RAID and restore the backup.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19596428
Relevancy 34.83%

I have the opportunity to setup a RAID 0 array on my PC. I have 2 matching 500GB HD's @ 7200RPM. I am using my PC for work in the Office 2007 area and of course to play games, such as COD 4, Oblivion Shivering Isles, NWN2 MOTB, Morrowind with 2 addons, The Battle for Middle-Earth 2 with Battle against the Witch....

Will the gains be significent to load up RAID, or are the possible issues out weigh it???

Joey

A:RAID 0 or Not to RAID 0 -- That is the Question

If your HDs are the WD "raid enhanced" drives then maybe it would be a good idea to set up a slave array while booting from a single hd. your games would load 1.5x faster if they have not already been cached into dram by superfetch. And media production would benefit.

Otherwise no, a thousand times no! especially with critical Office data.

RAID provides minimal benefit for considerable instability. Separate drives can even be faster than a raid array (up to 2x). And you can transport data between computers more easily.

If your drives are not raid enhanced, then the aggressive error recovery techniques used in standard HDs can cause the array to lose synch, ie: all data.

raid benefits the hd manufacturers only. It is pure hype IMHO. But I stand alone on this one.

Simon

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/147075-raid-0-not-raid-0-question.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I just bought another 160 gig SATA, and was considering setting up a RAID. However, I already have lots of data on the initial SATA drive. My question is, do you have to set up the raid at first install, before loading programs, etc, or can it be done at any time?

Thanks.

Windows XP Pro w/ SP2
Socket A ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe
1 gb OCZ (2 x 512) 3200 DDR RAM
160 gb SATA
XFX GeForce 6600gt
SoundBlaster Audigy 2: Gamer
ATX 450W PSU
Memorex CR-RW/DVD-RW
X-Dreamer II case

A:Solved: to raid or not to raid

you will have to scroll down to see the instructions

http://www.pctechguide.com/tutorials/RAID.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-to-raid-or-not-to-raid.467488/
Relevancy 34.83%

Not sure if this is the or To is Raid question Raid the that not to right forum so please move if incorrect Yesterday while powering off my computer it was doing the usual windows updates To Raid or not to Raid that is the question and my year old grandson decided it would be fun to start pressing everything on the keyboard The result was that when I came to boot this morning it wouldn't go past initial boot and was going around in circles Eventually after F it came up with quot No Operating System found quot So finally the questions When offered the choice of installing windows To Raid or not to Raid that is the question will this overwrite my current install and therefore all my settings I am now being showed the following screen see attachment which option do I take and will it destroy any data on my drive I do have a backup on my USB backup hard disk but at the moment my computer is not seeing this drive I do have some limited knowledge of PS's so go gentle with me Thanks in advance Mike

A:To Raid or not to Raid that is the question

Hi Mike,

Have you gone into the bios and had a look around? Specifically the boot order?
Maybe he accidentally changed the boot order and it is just trying to boot from one of your other drives that does not contain the operating system?

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/300337-raid-not-raid-question.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a HP proliant server computer with two HDD configured in RAID 1. now i've added three more HDDs and i want to configure all the hdds in RAID 5 configuration. i'm using windows 2003 server. how do i convert from raid 1 to raid 5 without loosing my datas?

A:how to convert from RAID 1 to RAID 5?

What sort of a controller is it? Does it even support RAID5? Anyway, assuming that you have a decent true hardware HP brand RAID controller..

Open up the HP Array Configuration Utility (ACU). Select your controller, the array and the logical drive in question. Choose to Migrate RAID / Stripe Size. Select the RAID level you want. Apply changes.

I don't remember whether you have to assign unused drives to an array or does ACU do that automatically..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-convert-from-raid-1-to-raid-5.86148/
Relevancy 34.83%

Can anyone with experience with these two RAID modes tell me which one will give the faster performance and the most reliability? I believe it's RAID 10, but I can't remember.

Relevancy 34.83%

Hello all,

I am hoping someone has experience with this situation. I have read the Sil3114 guide, but I want "real world" input.
Ok, I have a Windows 2003 server, running off of a Sil3114 RAID 1 array with 2 X 200 Gig SATA drives. I am wanting to add more free space, so I am looking to update the array to RAID 10 (without losing any data, very critical data) I want to add another 2 X 200 Gig drives.
The guide states that one can do it by using the "create with data copy" in section 4.3.3 here : http://www.asus.com/support/english/techref/raid/Sil3114.pdf

Anyone here who has attempted/ succeeded /failed at this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Caffeinated

Relevancy 34.83%

I'm have a couple of problems and I was hoping someone here could help with the solutions I wanted to use a raid setup with vista ultimate x But I had problems with my raid bios I went problem raid Raid non ahead and installed and activated vista any way in a non raid configuration Now that I have my raid bios issues fixed I would like to setup my raid array The problems and questions I have are I didn't realize it but I left the bios setting for my sata set to raid I don't have the raid set up just the setting at raid When I change it to ahci vista won't startup and my machine reboots If I don't want to or can't do the raid array how do I fix this Since I've already activated vista can I reinstall it I believe I did install the raid driver at install time If I do want to do the raid array can I do that with vista already installed on one of the drives Raid non raid problem thanks for any help

A:Raid non raid problem

Hi GureMediation,

It sounds as though you needed to supply RAID drivers when you were installing Vista. What is the make and model of your motherboard?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/189139-raid-non-raid-problem.html
Relevancy 34.83%

My computer has a Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra-9 motherboard. I recently got a virus which neccessitated my wiping the drives clean. Thats all I did to it. It was set up in RAID 1, two 70 gig drives . Now when I turn on the computer, the drives are listed , but it says no valid device. But it won,t let me into the RAID utility. I hit F4 and no response. I,m wondering if I can go to non RAID with this motherboard and if so how would I go about doing that ? Or if that is not possible , how would I go about re-establishing the RAID 1 configuration ? I really don't understand why wiping the drives clean would make it so hard to re-install windows. If anybody can help , it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-from-raid-to-non-raid.982286/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello, this could be a question addressed to the UK folks. Because of massive system porblems I have had t reinstall XP Pr with SP2. Before reinstalling XP I formmated the hard drives t give me a blank canvas to work. The reinstall worked fine but I cannot reinstall my Virgin Media Bradband service. Before the reinstall the bradband service was wrking fine..When I originall took out the bradband service it was through NTL. My cable modem states 'NTL' and the broadband disk has NTL' on it and I registered it tthough NTL. Now Virgin Media has bought up NTl annd I don't know if there is a compatibility prblem. Des somebdy else know?

shane

A:Fresh XP reinstall: cannot reinstall broadband

use an ethernet cable to plug into your cable modem, if you use USB you will require drivers to 'talk' to the modem.
if this still does not work then possibly the MAC address of the Virtual USB connection you previously had before the reinstall is tied to that modem, although to be honest i havent seen this problem ever since virgin took over

p.s go to start -> run and type devmgmt.msc can you see any yellow exclamation marks in there? if so you need drivers for these devices. Sorry if you already knew this, just trying to help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fresh-xp-reinstall-cannot-reinstall-broadband.674815/