Windows Support Forum

PC Restarts 100 times before booting correctly

Q: PC Restarts 100 times before booting correctly

Hi PC Restarts before booting 100 correctly times I am fairly new here and I have been having major issue s with my PC here is the problem Ok so basically when I switch my power on it will instantly turn off from - seconds the time is random PC Restarts 100 times before booting correctly sometimes I get to windows loading screen sometimes I don t This repeats from - times until it finally becomes stable and stays on However sometimes it will stay on completely such as right now the only reason I am posting this topic is because my PC has stayed on tomorrow might be a different story The problem accrued around month ago my PC would do this problem exactly but would only need to restart times rather than a random amount of times until it works Things I have tried or done to help the situation I have a graphics card which has been replaced the problem persisted with both of them which leads me to believe its not that I have Ram slots off which are used and ram was recently installed but again the problem persisted before I bought the RAM I have reset my BIOS and I took out the battery for it to reset the problem still accrued I formatted Windows the problem still accrued The only thing I have not done is replace my PSU the power cables ect While doing this process I did get a beep code which has now gone but the beep code was long short Asus motherboard which apparently was VGA Card but I never touched the VGA Card to solve the problem weird right My Question Has anyone ever had this kind of problem or suspect what the problem could be Thanks in advanced nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: PC Restarts 100 times before booting correctly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: PC Restarts 100 times before booting correctly

Go ahead and replace the power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-100-times-before-booting-correctly.201245/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everyone I haven t been to this forum in some time it s nice to see that it s still around As the title of the thread suggests I m having trouble with Times New Roman in Word I ve only tried a few other fonts Correctly Roman New Displaying Times not but they all seemed okay I Times New Roman not Displaying Correctly don t have any other software with a variety of fonts to test but everything looks fine online The font looks horrible to the point of being almost illegible There are gaps missing portions in letters it requires heavy zooming just to tell the difference between a quot c quot and an quot e quot and good luck trying to see the small horizontal line in a capital quot A quot I m a writer and this is killing me I m running Vista Home Premium yes I m poor and can t afford a new PC The only thing I ve installed recently was a VSTi virtual MIDI instrument called CV Piano which was a strange install it wanted to install a driver but it didn t say for what so I didn t let it but should have been a safe install uninstall given the reviews and manufacturer Kaspersky Pure detected nothing I ran hijackthis and put the logfile through hijackthis de Nothing popped up I did a System Restore but - oddly enough - the oldest Restore Point on my PC was immediately after installation of CV Piano I ve been thinking that I ve been noticing overall sluggishness of my computer but that s probably just paranoia as a result of a different important thing going wrong Sorry if I went on too long I figured it would be better to share too much information rather than too little in case there was something pertinent I have no idea what could be wrong Any help would be greatly appreciated This issue s driving me crazy Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Ok this is going to be hard for me to explain so please bear with me When I turn on my computer my screen has several vertical lines and dots running through it It loads the bios fine and then booting XP Pro correctly not XP starts to load It looks just like it normally does expect for XP Pro not booting correctly the lines everywhere Usually between the BIOS load and XP loading the screen will XP Pro not booting correctly turn black for a moment Now that screen has the vertical bar character all over the place The whole screen will be like this Then it goes XP Pro not booting correctly into the XP load which seems to be successful expect that once that screen disappears nothing happens I really have no idea what is going on with the the lines and dots They will be in the background behind any words that are the screen I can run my comp in safe mode and I tried to reinstall my video drivers and doing a system restore but neither worked Any help or ideas would be appreciated nbsp

A:XP Pro not booting correctly

Looks like your graphics card is artifacting which means its on its way out and needs to be replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-pro-not-booting-correctly.91743/
Relevancy 54.18%

This problem is really hard to explain but I m going try A couple of months ago not Laptop correctly. booting is my laptop crashed and when I went to boot it up it Laptop is not booting correctly. wasn t working After continued attempts I noticed that after every bootup something different would happen I eventually gave up and the laptop has been sitting on my shelf since Anyway lets get to some details I have an Asus X E http goo gl WJlbDB When booting up it shows an Asus spashscreen and then goes to a black screen with a blinking underscore during which the laptop makes some whining noises until the fan kicks in The next screen to show up is a black screen with a long loading bar on top of which it says quot Windows is loading files quot Once the loading bar fills up it goes to the starting windows screen with the windows logo After that it goes into this weird screen with a blue wavy background and the asus logo in the corner one thing to note about this screen is that the resolution is all out of whack and the only thing on the screen is a very large mouse that I can move around If I remember right I tried to use a recovery disk I made when I got the computer but the computer would start the recovery but would never finish even after leaving it on for like days I ve honestly given up on trying to figure it out so any insight you have would help nbsp

A:Laptop is not booting correctly.

Hello, you should create a rescue disk, boot from it and then test the hard drive and memory for issues.
If the hardware passes all the tests, then you should simply reinstall from scratch. The problem being is that there is no way of telling what your 'recovery' disk has done to the existing operating system so it would be best to simply start all over. You did not mention your data, so you must have it all backed up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-is-not-booting-correctly.1133726/
Relevancy 54.18%

Can someone help? Was hit by Sasser worm and had to do a re-install of XP OS. Norton 2005 and Symantec eliminated my Sasser infection but since er-installing XP, Windows does not boot up properly. Instead, I must press F12 and I get a boot dialogue window. There I press hard Drive and Windows XP comes up OK. Otherwise not. What can I do? Thanks!

Relevancy 54.18%

So, I had tried out Windows 7 on my computer, and then decided to uninstall it from the computer (i had a dualboot with windows xp),I followed this guide, and at the last step I needed to reboot the computer, i rebooted it, notice that I did not have to reboot before that (like the guide specifies),so I did that, but it said it would take an hour so I aborted the process, then the computer rebooted and it gets past the maufacturer-page-thingy, so I could probably get into the BIOS, but after that i get a black screen with the little blinking dot in the upper left corner of the screen.

Any tips on what to do next? :)

Thank you for Your time
Simonekis

A:Windows not booting correctly?

It could be that your boot.ini isn't configured correctly.

You could try this;
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330184

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-not-booting-correctly-386366.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello everyone I'm having a bit of a problem with my computer that I need to try to get fixed as soon as possible Basically I am having problems with my PC not booting up correctly It is a Compaq Presario I've been having a few issues with it in the past few weeks where the screen randomly freezes for a few seconds and then I am forced to reboot the computer but since these outages were sporadic I did not think that they were much of a problem Earlier today however my computer froze on one screen and automatically shut down and now Booting Computer Up Correctly Not when I try to turn it on the fans and everything else inside of the computer seem to work but the monitor is acting like it Computer Not Booting Up Correctly is not connected to anything it just keeps blinking as if it is in standby mode I Googled my problem and found a couple of tips so I just cleaned my computer using a can of compressed air and while I got a lot of dust out it didn't seem to help my problem I know very little about the insides of computers and such but I would like to get this problem fixed soon because I've got some documents on my computer that I need to submit shortly I just find it difficult to do anything because I can't even get the computer to boot up but I don't feel qualified enough to start prying at pieces on the inside of the computer Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

A:Computer Not Booting Up Correctly

Try this:Boot to your WinXP Setup CD
At the 1st window with the Repair option on the bottom Statusbar, do that to open the Repair Console
When you get to the Repair Console's Command Prompt enter CHKDSK C: /R (the R is not a typo)
Let CHKDSK do its thing, then reboot
Also, running CHKDSK from the desktop (via Start menu, Accessories, Command Prompt) by entering CHKDSK C: /F (the F is not a typo), occasionally. This should be part of your general system maintenance routine. Note that this will require a reboot to actually run.

IN ADDITION:

You should be doing the following manually, on a regular bases:From the Command Prompt, run CHKDSK C: /F (will require reboot)
Defrag/Optimize your hard drives (suggest a better utility than Win Defrag, see below)
Run Disk Cleanup in System Tools (do not clean compressed files)
Use [Delete files] in Internet Options between runs of Disk Cleanup
Remove unnecessary backup files (see below, JAVA & Win Updates)
Run a good, safe, Registry Cleanup tool (see below)
JAVA: If you are using Sun's JAVA (and you should), when they install updates, they ADD them. They do not replace older versions of JAVA. These can take up much hard drive space. You should only keep the latest version and use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall all older versions. Example, have JAVA 6 installed, remove JAVA 5.

Win Updates: When Windows installs updates, it makes backups of the changed files so you can uninstall them via Add/Remove Programs. These backup files also take up much hard drive space.

If an Update has been installed AND working without a problem, you will unlikely uninstall it. So the backup file is no longer needed. You need to remove the backup file, AND the entry in Add/Remove Programs, but leave the Update Logs so Win Updates always sees them as installed.

One safe way I recommend is using the Update Cleanup (shareware). See the screen shot. Very easy and safe to use. Worth the cost. I use it at home and work. I just keep 6mths of updates.

Registry Cleanup: If your Registry has errors in it, this can cause problems. There are tools/utilities that will scan your Registry and report errors, and remove them.

One utility I have used is TweakNow RegCleaner. The Standard version is free, the Pro version is small cost (worth it) and backs up changes (see comparison on page). Another is RegCure (which I use at home).

TweakNow is very easy to use and clearly indicates Safe to delete, Unknown (use Deep Scan to resolve), and Unsafe to delete.

Hard Drive Defrag/Optimizers: There are 2 good utilities I've used. Auslogics Disk Defrag (freeware), and Perfect Disk (worth the cost).

One advantage of Perfect Disk is that, with Smart Placement enabled, it uses the WinXP LAYOUT.INI (Prefetch file that lists all the software loaded during bootup) to move all those files to the head of your drive, in order. This results in slightly faster and smoother bootup.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-not-booting-up-correctly-304336.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have no idea if my computer is salvageable but I thought it'd Computer booting not correctly be worth a shot to post on here to see Computer not booting correctly if someone can help I have a year old Windows Lenovo laptop On boot the computer Computer not booting correctly shows the Lenovo logo and starts up The screen is black for about - seconds flashes a boot message about failing to boot the wifi card a residue effect from when someone tried to fix it several years ago and then is black for another - seconds before showing what I believe is the multi boot menu The screen has two tabs to choose from the Boot Menu and the App Menu Each menu has two options Boot Menu ATAPI CD Optiarc DVD RW-AD H Network Boot Realtek PXE B D Selecting either of these options results in the black screen- gt wifi card boot screen- gt black screen- gt boot menu loop to play again App Menu Setup Diagnostic Splash Selecting repeats throught he same cycle choosing anything from boot menu gives me Setup takes me to the setup menu where I can see my computers information and mess some configuration I won't pretend to understand along with the boot order I have tried rearranging the boot order in multiple different ways at someone's suggestion to no success The current boot priority order is ATAPI CD Network Boot USB FDD ATA HDD USB HDD USB CD I have also tried resetting the list to default with no success Pressing F at start up does nothing On the day it had broken I had factory reset my computer and had only installed a few programs skype some antivirus called panda and chrome but had forgotten something REALLY important sadly My computer has a pretty bad error built in where going from sleep mode to hibernate mode it crashes every time Never figured out why it did this but I forgot to disable sleep mode When I left my computer alone and fell asleep it crashed while I was sleeping which is likely what broke the system After speaking with a coworker about the issue I noticed a faint whirr-CLICK was coming from my computer and he suggested replacing the hard drive which I did today It appears to have made a modicum of difference as the computer does not make the sound anymore when booting although I can hear a very faint beeping noise coming from it now and a small display message shows when starting the computer stating I can press f or f for start-up options which was not showing when I had the old hard drive in I have no idea what to do now

A:Computer not booting correctly

It would seem that your hard drivers got damaged or that it was not connected properly. For dealing with this type of situations I always recommend getting a local technician, but if you are willing to open your computer, well that's a risk you take. 

The hard drive is the device used to save all of your information, including the Operating System, since you have replaced your hard drive. Your information is gone along with your Operating System, at this point it will be necessary to reinstall it. If your computer came with a DVD for the operating system then you will be lucky, if not, you will have to buy one, or download an image, and purchase an original license key. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578557/computer-not-booting-correctly/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello i replaced my graphice card My english is bad sorry But i dont have money to buy a new pc I have a AMD Athlon XP GB RAM Asus AH Silence I installed this new graphic card i asked to the buyer i need to add a cooler into my pc he said NO their is already a cooler into the graphic card My PC of times restarts a lot problem When i play a game my pc restarts The strange of it is Sometimes when i play my nd account i can play hours And when i login on my first account PC restarts a lot of times after PC restarts a lot of times login in my pc restarts immediately Then it says quot Your pc recovered from a serious error quot This one BCCode f BCP D BCP BCP BCP OSVer SP Product C DOCUME PROPRI LOCALS Temp WER fc dir Mini - dmp C DOCUME PROPRI LOCALS Temp WER fc dir sysdata xml I tough first my pc is over heating so i opened my pc And i added an Coller from another pc and connected it But its never turns even the big coller only turns when pc is realy hot I dont feel the pc is hot And the seller told me a graphic card cannot be to strong for my old processor I have no money so i buyed this graphic card whit the only i have before i had Nvidea MX But it wa srealy bad I play only gta san andreas nbsp

A:PC restarts a lot of times

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept).

Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

1. You should get Memtest and run it. Look at this thread... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

2. Your problems started after the installation of the video card? Drivers could the problem.
Try Diver Sweeper and then reinstall your video drivers... http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-a-lot-of-times.127614/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello morning correctly this Laptop booting not I have an HP Pavilion dv laptop running Vista Ultimate bit The computer has been restarting Laptop not booting correctly this morning during the night in spite of my changing the Windows Update settings to download updates but not install so that there d be no need to restart during the night However this is still Laptop not booting correctly this morning occasionally happening Around a m this morning I saw that my laptop was restarting with the black screen with the green light running across I left it alone until a m There was a log-in screen up so I put in the password and the quot welcome quot screen came up It stayed on the welcome screen for much too long so I used my husband s computer to look up what to do After reading about the problem I tried pressing ctrl alt delete several times but nothing changed So I shut it down then restarted it and left it with the black screen green light going and went to breakfast Returning from breakfast around the same screen Laptop not booting correctly this morning was still running Ctrl alt delete did nothing Am currently writing from husband s computer and waiting to start mine back up In reading on this forum one thread mentioned that a flat battery can cause problems My battery is completely flat and does not even register on the battery icon there is just a red quot X quot there I haven t replaced the battery because this laptop has had so many problems since October I had the hard drive replaced in November then re-installed Vista in early December I ve been told it could be a motherboard problem but after episodes of problems it always seems to recover and work for long periods of time without incident I ran a chkdsk r on it the last time there was a problem Nothing was reported wrong Also ran a complete not quick MalWearBytes scan again nothing Spybot turns up some adware but nothing horrible I m using AVG antivirus and had SuperAntiSpyware on too but uninstalled SAS when I kept getting driver error messages from it The AVG also doesn t seem to get along with Windows Defender b c WD keeps getting turned off and only reluctantly restarts Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated Thanks Adding information since last post I ve tried to boot in safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt and last known good configuration None have worked When loading drivers it stops for about a minute on quot msrpc quot then stops on quot crcdisk quot and goes no farther A few times there has been a blue screen with white writing that flashes up too fast to read after which the computer has shut down completely and restarted itself nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

When I start up ny comp. I have to hit f9 then it shows two items, vista and vista business. I have to go to vista business and hit start normally for my comp to start. It just started doing this yesterday. Please Help I tried windows restore but all restore points were missing. Ran windows vista business repair and it shows vista business 64 bit repaired, but still the same thing in startup.

A:Vista busniess 64 bit not booting correctly

Run msconfig.exe. In the Boot tab, there may be the two versions listed. Set the Vista Business as the default. I don't know why Vista would be listed there but you can either leave it alone or remove it (at your own risk).

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300103-vista-busniess-64-bit-not-booting-correctly.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys,
I own a Toshiba U500, bought it some months ago. Lately, it's been randomly crashing, and now, whenever I try to boot it up, Windows stops at the flag loading scene. Safe mode works perfectly, and I have tried startup repairing without success. I have also tried repeating the process from the installation DVD and it has failed as well. The last thing I tried was restoring the system to an earlier state (four days before), but it didn't work either. Any ideas?
Thank you all in advance.
These are the computer specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
4GB RAM Memory
500GB HDD
Intel HD Graphics (not useful here, but whatever)
I have NOD32 v4 installed, but I don't think it's a virus issue, since I haven't installed or downloaded anything new lately.
A quick answer would be appreciated.
-Update-
It doesn't shut down properly either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/7-64-bit-stopped-booting-correctly-suddenly.969838/
Relevancy 53.75%

My problem is every time I shut down my laptop and turn it back on windows7 will not boot so I have to use the windows vista recovery disk (http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/)
I boot the recovery disk and go to repair/command prompt and type bootrec.exe and then bootrec.exe/fixboot it tells me that it was successful so I reboot my computer enter bios set my computer to boot from the hdd and the computer boots fine but if I turn my computer off I have the same problem and have to use the windows vista recovery disc.Also when I fix the boot issue and load windows and restart chkdsk scans my computer and fix's some problems and then it restarts my computer and windows will not boot I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone I'm having big issues with my computer First of all when my computer is completely cut off from power even for just a few hours once it is powered on again it won't boot only after like tries turn off and on crashes Computer booting correctly and not also again Every time I have to change de time amp date in the BIOS again I already changed the small round battery on the Computer not booting correctly and also crashes motherboard no succes So basically it would power on the fans will spin but my monitor will just say quot no signal detected quot with a black screen My computer also keeps crashing randomly but usually when I'm playing a game or while a programm is working For example the fans will start speeding up a lot then slow down then speed up again a few times then my computer freezes and a black screen appears Actually I used Everest just before posting this so it makes a quot report quot of my computer and while it was almost done my computer freezed again and I had a blue screen I just formated and the problem is still there I guess it is a hardware problem anyway here are my specs OS Windows Ultimate bit Motherboard Asus P H -I Rev B RAM DDR XMS x Go PC - Graphic Card Gainward GeForce GTX Gb CPU INTEL Core i K - GHz - Socket LGA Fan Ventirad Samuel Prolimatech Hard drive SpinPoint F To Mo tpm SATA II Samsung Here are some HWMonitor screenshots http i imgur com XmN to jpg

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-not-booting-correctly-and-also-crashes-1087778.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am running Windows XP Home Edition on a HP Pavilion n My computer does not boot correctly and it will randomly restart and freeze I will plug my computer in and hit the quot power quot button on the tower It turns on then goes into standby mode with the orange light I turn it off then on again I do this about times for it to finally boot correctly green light monitor kicking on XP loading Once in a while when it is booting it will freeze or restart This usually happens at the login menu or just booting restarting not Computer correctly, as my Computer not booting correctly, restarting username logs on My computer will also randomly restart or freeze while doing miscellaneous tasks I have run CC Cleaner AVG Free Avast Nod Ad-Aware Spybot Search and Computer not booting correctly, restarting Destroy and CW Shredder This problem still has not stopped Here is my HiJackThis log please help me I wish to get this computer up and running again so I don't have to keep hogging up the family computer Code Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop analyse exe exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - windir bdoscandel exe file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v - d f - f - d - - c a - windir bdoscandel exe file missing O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE BDSCANONLINE Control - http download bitdefender com resources scan oscan cab O - Winl... Read more

A:Computer not booting correctly, restarting

Hi
I think I am quite safe in saying that this is not a virus problem....Seems as if you will have to looks elsewhere.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-not-booting-correctly-restarting-136241.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have been looking into this computer restarting. I have downloaded recent drivers and updates. I looked at Microsofts suggestions. I am curious if any of you have a suggestion. After the bsod if comes back up and the error reports says they are not sure what it is but it has something to do with antivirus.
Here is the event. It seems to happen whenever they are playing games or online. sometimes they will just go back to the desktop and the program will close.
This is a windows xp home computer

Asus m2nbp motherboard
Amd athlon x2 4400
2 gigabytes of crucial ram
Thanks

Error code 1000007e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 b73fb1ce, parameter3 b4dd7c40, parameter4 b4dd793c.

0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 37 1000007
0020: 65 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d e Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 63 30 eters c0
0030: 30 30 30 30 30 35 2c 20 000005,
0038: 62 37 33 66 62 31 63 65 b73fb1ce
0040: 2c 20 62 34 64 64 37 63 , b4dd7c
0048: 34 30 2c 20 62 34 64 64 40, b4dd
0050: 37 39 33 63 793c

A:Computer restarts about 4 times a day

Is the restart at the same times each day? Could be an update that is set to do a restart each time.

Also, I have run into several motherboards that develop a hairline crack. As the board heats up, the crack expands causing a circut to the power supply auto On/0ff to open. I forget what that line is called as the moment.

Steve-x8086

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-restarts-about-4-times-a-day.733353/
Relevancy 53.32%

Since video card burned up and I replaced it with ATI 9550 , reinstalled Windows three times did not makes any difference.
It had been restarting for every other day or twice a week.
I don't think it is memory because I have no problem playing Doom3 or making DVD by using Nero, never restarted when make DVD.
Ok here is the boot message:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:
0x0000001e (0xc0000005, 0xbfbfe955, 0x00000000, 0x00780011)
Microsoft Windows 2000. A dump was saved in C etc etc.

I want to found out what the message means. Appreciate for any help.
Thank you

Relevancy 53.32%

I am not usre if this restarts very bad on computer times at own is a hardware issue or windows but i just built this computer so i figure it may be hardware related First here are the specs Intel P c GHz MHz Front Side Bus kb L Advanced Transfer Cache Hard Drive Maxtor DiamondMax Plus GB rpm ATA ms seek time requires wire IDE cable i on lyhave a wore cable i think i am putting in an wire today Power Supply Startech com Watt ATX Power Supply ATXPOW PRO Motherboard ABIT CPU Intel Pentium Socket computer restarts on own at very bad times processor w MHz System Data Bus Supports Intel Hyper-Threading Technology Chipset Intel PE MCH EB ICH R I have a GeForceFX Graphics card SoundBlaster Audigy sound card modemblaster PCI card DVDROM CDRW one Floppy drive My computer restarts on own at very bad times BIOS are updated as ABIT web site recommended This is the error message I get from Microsoft The following files will be included in the report C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp C DOCUME Magdi LOCALS Temp WER tmp dir sysdata xml I did not send the error report to Microsoft What happens is I will be working and all of the sudden the computer just shuts down and restarts on its own When wqindows comes back up everything seems fine and the Error window comes up saying Windows just recovered from a seriou error If anyone has any ideas please help WinXP is updated from Windows updates to SP and other security updates I appreicate any input I dont know how serious this is It has happened a few times since I built and installed everything nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

My PC just goes off as though the power has been cut-off and then restarts again. It is worse if I'm also talking on MSN or Skype, it will even do it with no programmes running.

It has done this more or less from the moment I bought it, I know very little about the workings of a PC and would be gratefull if someone could suggest a possible cause and solution.

Thanks

A:PC shuts down and restarts several times a day

the problem with your OS
the problem is on your Operating process the win32 file is missing from your programing files its persist,on by virus it should take many effects just you run a good anti virus software or else just format it ........
-------------------------------
Lara
SreevyshCorp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-shuts-down-and-restarts-several-times-a-day-302895.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Every morning or afternoon we turn on the computer, I start using it and the give or take 2 minutes it shuts down and restarts itself. And then again it happens. I've had this problem for some time now. And now it's getting to be a hassle and frustration. Can anyone help me please? What do I have to do to fix this? Or why is this going on, Can anyone explain to me? Me Event log Has Errors: 10010, 7026, 7001, 1003. Please help.

A:Computer restarts itself 3-4 times a day

sounds like it might be overheating. is this a desktop or a laptop? if its a laptop check your fans make sure dust is cleaned out. Use a airduster of some kind to get rid of the dust. your event log errors dont appear to be related at all.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199285/computer-restarts-itself-3-4-times-a-day/
Relevancy 52.89%

So, yesterday, I went to reset my pc / remove all personal files, users etc. My computer restarted and then it popped up with an error and said nothing could be changed, I decided to restart the computer again and it wouldn't boot up correctly. I hear everything (all fans etc) going but i don't see the power button on the front light go on,and theres no signal to the monitor and no USB power to my mouse or keyboard. I think it may be a motherboard issue but is there any non-costful ways to reboot the motherboard or an easy fix? I purchased this around 3 years ago

8 GB of ram
Intel core i7 3770k
SSD

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/129468-hp-pavilion-windows-10-desktop-not-booting-up-correctly.html
Relevancy 52.89%

To give you an idea of what I was doing I was upgrading my power supply and graphics card I Installed them both Corsair CX and EVGA GTX Ti I connected my monitor to my PC via DVI Then when I booted it up the monitor wasn't receiving a signal Nor was my keyboard tried pressing caps lock and light wasn't going on So my friend said I might have to take out the new graphics card boot up the PC and disable the integrated graphics card However when I put everything back together the way it was including with the original power supply it did the same thing No signal to monitor or keyboard The PC is not being fully booted correctly It powers on and everything but something is wrong Could you guys help I hope I didn't screw up my motherboard PS I tried moving battery on motherboard to reset BIOS and still didn't work I have an ASUS M CD

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129149-pc-not-booting-correctly-after-installing-new-video-card.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I posted here a few months ago and everyone was very helpful so I thought I would try it again with a new computer and a new problem I have a Lenovo ThinkPad w running Windows -bit and every time I wake the computer from sleep the computer boots up to the desktop but after a few seconds goes back to sleep The same phenomenon occurs for hibernate with the laptop going back to hibernate This happens exactly once meaning if I try a Laptop booting sleep/hibernate not from correctly second time to resume from hibernate or sleep the computer boots normally This occurs regardless of whether the laptop is plugged in Laptop not booting correctly from sleep/hibernate or on battery power Shut down and restart are normal The only other thing I have noticed about this problem is that when I wake up the computer from sleep before it goes back to sleep the quot Safe to Remove quot bubble appears on the desktop telling me I can safely eject my CD DVD drive I have tried disabling re-enabling hibernate from the command prompt but it did not fix the problem

A:Laptop not booting correctly from sleep/hibernate

Hi -

How old is the Lenovo Thinkpad W500?

Reset power options -
START type power | select "power options" | reset to default settings

The Lenovo support page for your w500 contains many new drivers - please make sure all are updated -

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...IGR-70443.html

"Safely Remove" for an internal DVD drive obviously should not occur - and is a first for me.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-not-booting-correctly-from-sleep-hibernate-498643.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi i have been in strange problem I searched many issues about restarting xp and also encountered with but now 4 in 1 xp restarts exact hour.. times strange restarting problem my xp suddenly restarts after ever exact hour last night restarted at am then at am after xp restarts in exact 1 hour.. 4 times that am and now at xp restarts in exact 1 hour.. 4 times am i scanned with kaspersky and it didn t get any virus indication i am totally confused if any one can help me about to solve this issue it would be really great full Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes G WINDOWS System xp restarts in exact 1 hour.. 4 times smss exe G WINDOWS system winlogon exe G WINDOWS system services exe G WINDOWS system lsass exe G WINDOWS system svchost exe G WINDOWS System svchost exe G WINDOWS system spoolsv exe G WINDOWS Explorer EXE G Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe G WINDOWS system igfxtray exe G WINDOWS system hkcmd exe G Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exe G WINDOWS system igfxpers exe G WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE G Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe G WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe G Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe G WINDOWS VMSnap exe G Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe G Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe G Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exe G Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe G Program Files DCPFLICS dcpflics exe G WINDOWS system ctfmon exe G Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe G Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Autodesk ds Max mentalray satellite raysat dsMax server exe C Program Files Autodesk ds Max mentalray satellite raysat dsmax server exe G Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe G WINDOWS Domino exe G Program Files AntiPosioner AntiPoisoner exe G WINDOWS system taskmgr exe G WINDOWS system svchost exe G WINDOWS system wscntfy exe G Program Files Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exe G WINDOWS system wuauclt exe G Documents and Settings rajabali Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer xxx xxx xx R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO IDM Helper - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - G Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dll O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO IE x- x BHO for Internet Download Accelerator - A - C A- C - A A- FB F F B - G PROGRA IDA idaiehlp dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - G Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - G Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray G WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds G WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence G WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run AVP quot G Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKLM Run BigDogpath G WINDOWS VMSnap exe A TECH USB PC Camera G O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools quot G Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot G Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot G Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM RunServices ilhptmadrfk G WINDOWS system ilhptmadrfk exe O - HKCU Run IDMan G Program Files I... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-restarts-in-exact-1-hour-4-times.695744/
Relevancy 52.89%

Frustrating when trying to play d lol this is the error from the window Copy pasted Using windows and just got this computer like a month ago was a custom build so i m sure it s something simple random restarts at times computer :( My i am just not good with these kind of things Any feedback is appreciated Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP A BCP EEE BCP C A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem E Windows Minidump - - dmp E Users User AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline E Windows system en-US erofflps txt It ONLY happens when i play diablo i asked on another forum and they suggested i had a broken stick of ram My computer is more than sufficient to run diablo and this just started happening recently so any help would be appreciated thanks I can t check my windows minidump My computer restarts at random times :( with notepad a window pops up saying quot access denied quot nbsp

A:My computer restarts at random times :(

Well I can't tell you why it's randomly shutting down only during that game but are you admin?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-restarts-at-random-times.1058209/
Relevancy 52.89%

When I bootup xp pro explorer loads and unloads times and then I get a blank desktop with only the background and no icons or taskbar I open task manager and run explorer and it does the same thing as it does during startup The same problem in safe mode as well I have run spybot s On Help! Explorer.exe Boot 3 Times - Restarts amp d and adaware with lall updates with no luck Here is the hijackthis logLogfile of HijackThis v Scan Explorer.exe Restarts 3 Times On Boot - Help! saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Adobe Explorer.exe Restarts 3 Times On Boot - Help! Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exeC Program Files WDC SetIcon exeC PROGRA AWS WEATHE Weather exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Dantz Retrospect retrorun exeC PROGRA Dantz RETROS wdsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exec PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS mcvsshld exeC WINDOWS system imapi exeC hjt HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run SetIcon Program Files WDC SetIcon exeO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exeO - HKCU Run Weather C PROGRA AWS WEATHE Weather exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Global Startup Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher lnk O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert link target to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECaptureSelLinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppendSelLinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert selection to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend htmlO - Extra context menu item E amp xp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/100616/explorerexe-restarts-3-times-on-boot-help/
Relevancy 52.89%

BSOD at random at restarts times and random at BSOD times and at restarts used Blue Screen View and ntsokrnl exe and ntfs sys and RzDxgk sys are the ones highlighted in red I just updated the Razer which is something to do with Rz and that one only happened once I attached using the requested method The cpu is overclocked slightly which i will remove in a few hours - gt After each BSOD except it had to do a start up repair as well The first one happened while playing league of legends the second after doing a windows update the third while BSOD at random times and at restarts watching a youtube video and the fourth going into or BSOD at random times and at restarts coming outve hibernation After running a BSOD at random times and at restarts test on the drive C the WD lifeguard drive test failed it for too many bad sectors so I am assuiming this is the base of the problem Also did a mem check using windows program at reboot no problems were found any help would be amazing

A:BSOD at random times and at restarts

Hello and welcome to SevenForums!

Remove the Razer Overlay driver, it is known to cause BSODs and while you are on it run sfc /scannow.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/363748-bsod-random-times-restarts.html
Relevancy 52.89%

here is my hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files restarts random at times! Computer Sygate SPF Smc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Computer restarts at random times! Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL zlclient exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashserv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgserv exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe Computer restarts at random times! C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings patterson Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run A Stardock TrayMonitor quot C Program Files Common Files Stardock TrayServer exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run BCWipeTM Startup quot C Program Files Jetico BCWipe BCWipeTM exe quot startup O - HKLM Run AVG CC C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe startup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run avast C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL zlclient exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKCU Run Steam C Program Files Steam Steam exe -silent O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM RunOnce MRUBlaster C Program Files MRU-Blaster indexcleaner exe -CC O - Startup MRU-Blaster Silent Clean lnk C Program Files MRU-Blaster mrublaster exe O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger HKLM O - DPF F B - E - D -A - B EB E MetaStreamCtl Class - https components viewpoint com MTSInstallers MetaStream cab O - DPF F F -B C- - AA -A F A Launcher Control - https horizons istaria com controls launcher ocx O - DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - Shockwave ActiveX Control - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs director sw cab O - DPF F EAE- D - -AA E- F C DE blueyonder Game Launcher Control - http www bygames com activex launcher ocx O - DPF D - B- D -A E- B CoGSManager Class - http gamingzone ubisoft com dev packages GSManager cab O - DPF - F - BB - D -FA D F A AB YInstStarter Class - http download yahoo com dl installs yinst ... Read more

A:Computer restarts at random times!

Your log is clean.....system is very well protected.....I would post this question in the hardware forum.

Good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-restarts-at-random-times.181809/
Relevancy 52.89%

I don't know why but it takes approximately 7 restarts before my computer restarts. It cannot be malware because I formatted my hard drive.
However I DID have a virus before it was removed. And when I had it, it messed up my partitions. So I used a program to fix partitions and get my data back. Although formatting should of worked, I still think its this.
When installing my OS, it didn't let me use all of my 600 something GBs. It kept 100MBs for system blah blah. So idk.

Can anyone help me with this trouble?
I was told it could be hardware. Now I can see that, MAYBE the program messed up my hard drive physically. But my computer has no dust and the newest component added was done 6 months ago.

A:Computer Restarts 7 Times Before Boot

I'd suggest you format the drive once more, deleting your partitions and start over. Reinstall OS, rebuild partitions. If the problem still occurs it's definitely the hardware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/421789/computer-restarts-7-times-before-boot/
Relevancy 52.89%

Deckard's System Scanner v Run by HP Owner on - - Computer is in Normal Mode --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis run as HP Owner exe --------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Randpom Computer Restarts At My Times Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEc Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exec Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system lxdccoms exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft My Computer Restarts At Randpom Times Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system hphmon exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files iTunes iTunes exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings HP Owner Desktop dss exeC DOCUME HP Owner Desktop HP Owner exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopF - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system xkqgx exeF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe ifwkima exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar HP view - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c pr... Read more

A:My Computer Restarts At Randpom Times

Hello bob12x,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer

Sorry about the delay. If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks,
tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152233/my-computer-restarts-at-randpom-times/
Relevancy 52.89%

Help my computer restarts at random times !!! No Bsod.

A:Windows 7 Restarts at random times.

Quote: Originally Posted by Xnefoo

Help my computer restarts at random times !!! No Bsod.

\

Could we get a bit more information? computer specs, network setup, OS, etc

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/131880-windows-7-restarts-random-times.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am running Windows 7 on an HP G60 Notebook 32 bit laptop.

For the last week the computer has began restarting at random times and I can't figure out why. I have flashed the bios and started with updating the video driver then uninstalled and reinstalled the video driver. I always get the same error in the event log.

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2010-12-11T17:32:33.470000000Z

EventRecordID 72759

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Angi-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

A:My laptop restarts at random times

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don?t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don?t Zip each one individually.

How old is this system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-restarts-at-random-times.158035/
Relevancy 52.89%

OMG my coputer restarts after a few minutes of logging in.

The screen just goes black, shuts off really quickly (from the sound) and it starts to reboot again.

I've just reformatted my comp with XP thinking it would solve my problem, how wrong i was.

SO its not malware viruses etc coz i just reformatted it, havent downloaded anything except things for my normal programs, SAS, SPybot and avira a/v gave me the all clear just before this happened. ALsop not a system failure- disabled the restart on system failure option just in case and it not that.

Any ideas? I reckon its the hardware.

Please help>>>am very annoyed

A:Computer Restarts At Random Times

After reformatting, did you download the motherboard drivers? Either from the computer maker's site or the maker of your motherboard? Can you get to Device Manager before it reboots? If so, check for yellow exclamation points
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107612/computer-restarts-at-random-times/
Relevancy 52.89%

When I was using my computer it turn off by itself and when it turn on said that there was an error and a startup repair windows open and whether i send the information or not it went work, it also says that windows cannot repair the computer automatically. 

Relevancy 52.89%

When I am not in safe mode it will restart in about times... Restarts Computer random at - minutes after restart I was wondering why Attached is my HighJackThis Log If you see anything in it let me know how to remove it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Boot mode Safe mode Running processes Computer Restarts at random times... C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search conduit com SearchSource amp ctid CT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R Computer Restarts at random times... - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - b - - a a- e - ee e - no file R - URLSearchHook appbario Toolbar - cdf ee -ded - - e- dd fa - C Program Files x appbario prxtbappb dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus ievkbd dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Oracle JavaFX Runtime bin ssv dll O - BHO Microsoft Web Test Recorder Helper - d f -c d - -a cc- dd a de f - C Program Files x Microsoft Visual Studio Common IDE PrivateAssemblies Microsoft VisualStudio QualityTools RecorderBarBHO dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO LastPass Browser Helper Object - D ECF - A D- -BE - D F E - C Program Files x LastPass LPBar dll O - BHO appbario - cdf ee -ded - - e- dd fa - C Program Files x appbario prxtbappb dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Oracle JavaFX Runtime bin jp ssv dll O - BHO link filter bho - E CF -D - A- F - F A F - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus klwtbbho dll O - Toolbar LastPass Toolbar - f b cc - c b- b c- af- dec e e - C Program Files x LastPass LPBar dll O - Toolbar appbario Toolbar - cdf ee -ded - - e- dd fa - C Program Files x appbario prxtbappb dll O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run ArcSoft Connection Service C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Users AE AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - HKCU Run uTorrent quot C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe quot MINIMIZED O - HKCU Run Dyyno Launcher quot C Program Files x Dyyno Dyyno Broadcaster dyyno launcher exe quot O - HKCU Run PlayOn C Program Files x MediaMall PlayOn exe O - HKCU Run Sysinternals Desktops C Users AE Desktop Desktops exe O - HKCU Run Spotify quot C Users AE AppData Roaming Spotify Spotify exe quot uri spotify autostart O - HKCU Run Spotify Web Helper quot C Users AE AppData Roaming Spotify... Read more

Relevancy 52.46%

Hell everyone This weekend I formatted my HDD and re-installed Windows XP and am having problems getting it to boot up correctly It starts fine the black loading screen with the XP logo etc but once it gets All XP: Correctly/At Not Screen Windows Welcome Stauls Boot; on Booting on to the Welcome Environment it screws up It will load to a black screen with the cursor the cursor can be moved around and then after a period of time - minutes or longer it will load to the Welcome screen However it just XP: Windows Stauls on Welcome Screen on Boot; Not Booting Correctly/At All stays on this It loads the typical bluish welcome screen with the cursor but then it just stops I got it to load all the way to Windows once and everything on the desktop seemed to be fine - wasn t slow seemed normal However I can t get it to just quot load quot normally every time I don t think its a video card problem I am thinking maybe its the disc Its XP Pro and I ve installed Windows off it dozens of times One more thing though this format and re-install was planned this weekend However Friday night I was backing up all my data for the re-install and our power knocked out turing off my pc abruptly I restarted it and everything seemed fine so I went ahead with the format on Saturday Another tid bit they may be useful is I have been cleaning the dust off my motherboard with compressed air as of late This may help I don t know If anyone has any help or advice it would be very appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:XP: Windows Stauls on Welcome Screen on Boot; Not Booting Correctly/At All

Will it start in safe mode? If so once you get to desktop, right click the properties of my computer and click the hardware tab, then choose device manager. Any exclamation marks or question marks there?
If safe mode doesn't work I'd try doing a repair install:
* Make sure the BIOS is set to boot from the CD (put the CD above the HD in the boot order)
* Insert the XP CD and boot to it
* When you see " To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER", go ahead and press ENTER
* You will now see an option to repair Windows by pressing "R". Do not select this option - it will only take you to the Recovery Console which is not what we want to do. Instead, choose to continue the installation
* When you see the license agreement, press F8 to agree
* On the next screen make sure your current XP installation is selected and then press "R" to repair XP
* At this point XP will begin to install on top of itself, replacing damaged, missing or altered system files. Follow the instructions on the remaining screens to complete the Repair Install. It will look very much like a normal (new) OS installation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-windows-stauls-on-welcome-screen-on-boot-not-booting-correctly-at-all.717701/
Relevancy 52.46%

Here's my story I turn off my laptop to go to sleep The next day I try to turn it on but it's stuck at the ASUS loading boot screen for hours I try to go to safe mode but screen flashes the startup options screen for Windows booting everywhere. not laptop correctly. 8.1 ASUS Problems a split Windows 8.1 ASUS laptop not booting correctly. Problems everywhere. second and goes black So I try and refresh Windows but no luck It says something about the drive Windows is installed on is locked Then I try to straight up reset windows but it gives me something about partitions I tried a few things I found on Google I am now able to get past the ASUS boot screen and all the way to my login screen takes about mins I log in and everything Windows 8.1 ASUS laptop not booting correctly. Problems everywhere. seemed normal But I when I try opening Chrome or even a basic Windows Explorer window Nothing happens All I see Windows 8.1 ASUS laptop not booting correctly. Problems everywhere. is the loading cursor for all eternity I scan with Malwarebytes and got nothing So I try downloading CCleaner I try to open the CCleaner setup but again nothing happens I restart my laptop Now when I get to the login screen it lags like I've never seen before The cursor The clicks The typing Everything lags I restarted to safe mode The login screen is normal so I was optimistic but after I log in everything is Not Responding My cursor is says it's loading I've been here for hours I decided to create a bootable USB I plug it in I go the UEFI and disable secure boot and fast boot I change the boot order I save and exit Cross my fingers No luck I get a blue screen that reads Recovery After multiple tries the operating system on your PC failed to start so it needs to be repaired Error code xc You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media If you don't have any installation media like a disc or USB device contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer So I create a boot CD this time I start up my computer The screen is black I hear the whirring of the disc I got excited for a second Then my ASUS logo pops up and it's the same story The CD doesn't even load up And one more piece of detail I can't get to the screen where they give me the option to refresh reset Troubleshoot command prompt etc

A:Windows 8.1 ASUS laptop not booting correctly. Problems everywhere.

Recently I tried to fix a Windows 8.1 laptop using the recovery media on a pen drive. It did not work, in fact it wiped the disk and did not restore the operating system. I received a message about being unable to write to a partition (don't remember if it said locked).

I had previously saved the user files by booting a USB connected HDD with Linux OS.

So I figured that the recovery media was maybe out of date (it was Windows 8 and the installed OS was 8,1)
I did not know about this at the time: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media
"If you want to install or reinstall Windows 8.1 and don't have installation media, you can create it from this page."

So I had to admit defeat and asked the user to take the machine to the vendor and tell them about the recovery disk being unable to write to the Hard Disk. The machine was still under warranty but the warranty didn't cover software so after a couple of weeks of them trying and failing to fix the laptop (It was a major computer retailer with a tech department) I suggested that it was not a software issue but a hardware issue and that the User should request a new HDD. So he did and they agreed and it got fixed.

Maybe your HDD is failing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557855/windows-81-asus-laptop-not-booting-correctly-problems-everywhere/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Guys,
This is the 2nd time I've needed your help (thx for the 1st), this time my daughters laptop (running Vista) has crashed, I got a phonecall at work so didn't see it 1st hand.
When starting up, when prepairing the desktop, it takes ages and when it opens up it is doing so under a temporary profile. I does this everytime. Photo's, music etc are all still in the C drive. Internet etc all still work ok. The laptops free trials eg Office & Norton are available, it's like the laptops starting from 'out of the box' conditions. It is an Asus X51RL laptop.

I am forever giving her a row about resting the lt on her bed, it's maybe overheated, & she has assured me she wasn't doing anything to cause this.

Hopefully you guy's can help me out with this.

Cheers

A:laptop not booting up correctly, lost user profile?

windows has detected a memory fault, does this mean the RAM?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-not-booting-up-correctly-lost-user-profile-333694.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I have a Gateway 'GM5457E' PC that I recently reformatted and reinstalled Vista on. However, upon completion of installing the OS, the computer will no longer boot correctly. After the vista loading/splash screen appears, another screen with the gateway logo and a 'System Recovery Options' window appears:

If I click 'Next' an error comes up along the lines of 'Unable to repair hard disk with this Vista, reboot'. I don't know how to get out of this and why a repair is needed, I just want to get to the desktop. I'm trying to install Vista Ultimate 32 bit. I'm at a loss at what to do so any help would be really appreciated, thanks in advance.

A:Gateway computer not booting correctly after reinstalling Vista

You do have a windows installation showing so the install must have completed successfully. It has detected an error condition on the hard drive which has resulted in an attempt to do a recovery before booting.

First thing I would do is boot from the DVD installation disk and attempt a recovery on your own free from the Vista boot process. If that doesn't work I would try running a diagnostic on the hard drive from the splash screen if one is available.

If you can get to a commnd prompt from recovery options you could do a chkdsk/f to ccheck the integrity of the hard drive.

Did you format the drive prior to installing Vista? It can make a difference.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/gateway-computer-not-booting-correctly-after-reinstalling-vista-386642.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I times, random bsods Computer at restarts have this problem for some months that i get random BSODs computer restarts First of all a problem i have for some months When i use mozila Computer restarts at random times, bsods firefox browser the computer crashes after a few minutes And when i start BFBC it instantly reboots But lately it is happening more often the computer restarts randomly when browsing in chrome or playing in games such as garrysmod and fallout new vegas And i'm not sure that it is a BSOD because i only have two minidumps that are pretty old I don't know if this is a software or hardware problem because i tried installing drivers and it didn't help and some months ago i reformatted windows and it didn't help either The GPU Temperature is about C after the computer restarts which is normal And the CPU Temperature is about C too I'm planning on upgrading the hardware probably the GPU but i don't know if it is the problem or is it the processor psu ram motherboard etc Included perfmon and bsod dump system report file but i'm not sure if the problems i have are BSODs since i don't get the actual blue screen and i only have two old minidumps The computer just randomly restarts

A:Computer restarts at random times, bsods

Temps seem ok...

You also have some problems with Windows Update

Quote:
Please go to your Maintenance Center and check the Windows Update status. Make sure you are up to date, do them one by one manually if needed.
For help or reset see: Windows Update - Reset

Furthermore... you might want to free some space on D:

Dumps are old...but the Aug 3rd one points to problems with your graphics drivers.
Please renew: ati driver

Make SURE you delete old first.
When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Driver Sweeper

Driver Sweeper is a fast tool to remove driver leftovers from your system. It's very important to remove your drivers on a proper way, because driver leftovers can cause problems like stability and startup problems. You can use it if you want to update/remove drivers from your system.

How to use ?

There are two methods to use Driver Sweeper.
Both methods achieve the same results. This method is always able to clean all files.

This method will delete remaining files upon reboot (if deleting failed). You can clean your drivers this way:

- Use the official uninstaller(s) of the driver(s) you want to uninstall.
- Reboot your PC in Safe Mode.
- Run Driver Sweeper and select what to clean.
- Analyse lists all the entries possible to remove, cleaning removes the entries selected.
- More drivers can be selected for the same cleaning process.

What can it be used for ?
The current supported drivers are NVIDIA (Display and Chipset), ATI (Display), Creative (Sound) Realtek (Sound), Ageia (PhysX) and Microsoft (Mouse).

Phyxion.net - Driver Sweeper
When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy, from the manufacturers' site if possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/183120-computer-restarts-random-times-bsods.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello After days of troubleshooting via trying resolution methods from various forums I finally and specific times explorer.exe at crashes restarts have to submit a help topic because I am out of ideas short of re-installing windows explorer exe crashes whenever I do explorer.exe crashes and restarts at specific times one of the following items - Right click on desktop to explorer.exe crashes and restarts at specific times see display properties the right-click menu never comes up explorer just crashes I can get to the display properties fine through control panel - Open up Start Programs and enter an application sub-menu Explorer doesn t crash until the sub menu opens sometimes instantly sometimes in a few seconds - Hovering over an icon on my desktop Explorer does not crash when hovering over shortcuts only when I hover over a file sitting on the desktop - Trying to open My Computer A window opens up and the flashlight appears momentarily then explorer crashes which also closes the window - Trying to browse files via Start Run or through Task Manager Explorer crashes after several seconds regardless of which drive or directory I am browsing There may be an additional pattern there too as the time it takes explorer to die varies but I have yet to determine a pattern if there is one For Start Run the window closes for task manager sometimes the window freezes when explorer crashes and restarts and the task manager icon in the task bar never goes away until I pass over it with my mouse - Trying to open up administrative tools from the control panel Other controal panel options work but this one always crashes explorer I have tried the following solutions - Scanned for malware and removed a vundo virus using Malwarebytes The virus was reported to cause a similar reaction to explorer but so far no forum post sounds exactly like my issue - Cleaned my registry using Spotmau PcMatic and RegTweaker My system is moving a tad faster but explorer still crashes - System Restored to a point before I started having the issue No luck - Renaming explorer exe and updating the shell value for the Winlogin key - Replacing explorer exe with another copy from another computer - sfc purge and scan several times after each other failed attempt The first time I had this issue was right after either Comodo or Avira picked up a virus or at least the behavior of one It was off the Red Lobster site I allowed the file to come in thinking it was a false positive Comodo has a lot of those but was to slow to block the second warning when it picked it up in the cache file I do not know if this is a related event but it is the last thing I remember that was unusual prior to this problem occuring The only other thing I can think of is that I uninstalled SQL Server and VSS logging off of my system because I couldn t ever get it to install correctly and I received an error everytime windows booted Other symptoms I am experiencing since this issue started again maybe related or not - Avira won t update anymore files download but will not install - Quicken will no longer open - Media Player was having issues locking up and would cause explorer to crash continuously That issue is resolved since I reinstalled it I should probably also mention that my HD is on its last legs I am trying to correct the explorer issue before I attempt a final backup which will be used to ghost my new HD If I can t do it oh well but fixing this issue first would save me a lot of time or would have at this point Please let me know if any other information may be helpful I am not too experienced pulling system logs but take direction very well - Thanks for your help Jeff

A:explorer.exe crashes and restarts at specific times

I forgot to mention, I'm running XP SP3.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/354743/explorerexe-crashes-and-restarts-at-specific-times/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone,

Back when I had 7 I had random BSOD/crashes but it was not very frequent. I researched it and couldn't find the issue. I did a clean install and it went away. But since I've upgraded to 8 I've been having a lot of crashes, and then I had three in a day yesterday, so I'm a little worried now. I also went into Speccy and saw my CPU was running at 60 degrees Celsius, so I'm thinking that's probably it, which I don't like, but I don't know how to read dump files and I figured they should be looked at in case it's something else. Do you think you could give me a hand? I appreciate it.

A:Annoying Restarts, Happened Three Times Yesterday

Check the cooling solution for your CPU first. You've gotta fix the hardware before we can fix the software.

Do you still need help with this? If so, please post back and I'll see what assistance I can provide.

Please also do this:
- open Event Viewer (eventvwr.msc)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/19127-annoying-restarts-happened-three-times-yesterday.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I used this forum a few years ago for another problem an the guy that helped me was amazingly helpful.

My computer is relatively new. It's a little over a year old Dell Vostro with Windows 7. Lately it's gotten extremely slow, restarts randomly and basically doesn't act the way it should. I've done the virus scan (I have Trend Micro). Everything looks alright but the computer is still a bit of a mess. Any advice/ideas?

Thank you so much for your help. Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated.

A:Slow computer restarts at random times

Hi charles ruff..

Check event viewer and see what errors you are getting

How To Use the Event Viewer Applet
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic40108.html

You may also have malware/virus that is causing the slowdown and reboots...I would recommend posting in the malware forum here and having it checked.
Pauline

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425028/slow-computer-restarts-at-random-times/
Relevancy 52.46%

My touchsmart 23-f364 restarts itself many times each work day at random. There doesnt appear to be a pattern as far as what it is doing at the time. It isnt auto update doing it because that shouldnt be going every 10-15 minutes. Have run full hardware and virus checks through the IT service our company uses. We do accounting. No video games or movies or porn. Network is monitored very closely. Cant seem to find a reason for it

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/System-auto-restarts-several-times-everyday/td-p/5811421
Relevancy 51.6%

I've an odd issue. Every time I boot up my computer for the first time in the evening after work, it will freeze and crash several times but then remain fine for the rest of the night after multiple restarts. The cycle then repeats itself the next day.

Any help would be most appreciated.

A:Windows crashing multiple times. Stable after restarts

Your BIOS dates from 2010. Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any BIOS updates available for your system. Also check the readme file to see if they apply to the problems that you are having. Please be advised that flashing the BIOS is a very unforgiving process - and one mistake can physically damage your motherboard. If possible, use the "inside Windows" flash mechanism (if your OEM provides one).

No memory dumps in the uploaded reports
MSINFO32.nfo report is corrupted.
Please do the following 2 things:

Upload Dump Files:
NOTE: If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder. Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Left click on the first minidump file.
Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there. If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP. If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service. Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it.

Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp. Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file): Set MiniDumpMore info on dump file options here: Overview of memory dump file options for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).

If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "msinfo32 /nfo %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\TEST.NFO" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the TEST.NFO file. If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back. Then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/52235-windows-crashing-multiple-times-stable-after-restarts.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
Every time I install updates my brand new computer randomly gives me the BSOD and restarts 5 or 6 times, and is then fine for awhile. I have attached my files according to the posting directions . Please help.

A:BSOD after updates multiple times, restarts, then fine

Welcome to EightForums.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\AVG Public:Start Menu\Programs\AVG PublicStart Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public

You are using two antivirus app;s, this will create serious problems. Please remove them with their removal tools.

Avg Removal ToolNorton Removal Tool
Enable the default antivirus - Windows Defender after removal of the above.

Perform a clean boot:
How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
Perform a System File Check:

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff88001a859d2, fffff8801a147b80, 0}
Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip!TcpCreateListenerWorkQueueRoutine+ba )
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff88001a859d2, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff8801a147b80, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
FAULTING_IP:
tcpip!TcpCreateListenerWorkQueueRoutine+ba
fffff880`01a859d2 48898118020000 mov qword ptr [rcx+218h],rax
CONTEXT: fffff8801a147b80 -- (.cxr 0xfffff8801a147b80)
rax=fffffa800711e550 rbx=fffffa800711e460 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=fffffa800445bb40 rsi=fffffa800711e460 rdi=0000000000000001
rip=fffff88001a859d2 rsp=fffff8801a148580 rbp=fffff8801a148680
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffffa8004550550
r11=fffffa80091a37b0 r12=fffffa800711e4a8 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000004
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010282
tcpip!TcpCreateListenerWorkQueueRoutine+0xba:
fffff880`01a859d2 48898118020000 mov qword ptr [rcx+218h],rax ds:002b:00000000`00000218=????????????????
Resetting default scope
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: wmpnetwk.exe
CURRENT_IRQL: 0
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff88001a85687 to fffff88001a859d2
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`1a148580 fffff880`01a85687 : fffffa80`0711e460 fffffa80`0711e460 fffff880`1a148780 fffffa80`091a37b0 : tcpip!TcpCreateListenerWorkQueueRoutine+0xba
fffff880`1a1486c0 fffff880`03650fca : 00000000`03a31e10 fffffa80`05ea5840 00000000`00000010 fffffa80`05839010 : tcpip!TcpCreateListener+0x1cb
fffff880`1a148760 fffff880`03651248 : fffffa80`06cf2c80 fffff880`1a148b80 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000014 : afd!AfdTLListen+0x8a
fffff880`1a148800 fffff800`87ce33cf : fffffa80`05839010 fffffa80`06cf2c80 fffffa80`05839010 00000000`00000001 : afd!AfdStartListen+0x248
fffff880`1a148890 fffff800`87ce3d56 : 7fffffff`ffffffff 0000007f`3e23f188 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!IopXx... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/18899-bsod-after-updates-multiple-times-restarts-then-fine.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I am new to this forum so i am not sure if i am posting this on the right place, but i hope that i am doing this right

I installed new ram to my computer, i had 4GB ram and i went to 8GB ram. After i installed the new ram the computer restarts when Windows is opening (when i have to type in the password) and blue screen appears with the following error message:

And this will happen the next 1-2 times. After 1-2 tries windows will finally run and there will be no problems, until i turn it off myself and turn it back on. Then the same thing will happen. This is gettin very annoying so it would be great if anyone could help me

P.S i have windows 7 x64 bit

A:Computer restarts (blue screen) 1-2 times, after adding new ram.

Hello Geir01 and welcome to Seven Forums.

It would help to know your system specs. At the top of any Forum page, click on "User CP" and in the left column click on "Edit System Spec". Fill in as much info as you can. Under make/model it would also be helpful if you indicated if the computer was a desktop or laptop.

How many RAM slots do you have total? Have you tried removing the new RAM and using just the original 4GB? Do you still have the same restart problem?

Have you tried removing the old RAM and using just the new RAM? Does computer restart?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/279942-computer-restarts-blue-screen-1-2-times-after-adding-new-ram.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all so i've been running windows for over a year now on a year old laptop recently i've noticed that my laptop has been taking a LOT longer to load page login restarts Windows times properly the to see 3-5 starting about month back at first i dismissed it as i thought it was a one-off thing but the problem is not going away and it appears to be getting worse basically i boot up my laptop i see the quot starting windows quot screen with the windows icon and then it turns into a black screen with my mouse in the centre it sits for about or more seconds before it basically restarts and boots up my laptop again this process repeats for about - it varies times before i can finally see the login page im not sure if this problem is related but when i hibernate my Windows restarts 3-5 times to properly see the login page laptop and try to boot it up again it leads me to a completely black page and doesnt respond to anything i have to force shut down ive seen a lot of reports about people getting this quot black screen of death quot or whatever but i dont know if its the same problem becuase i do eventually get somewhere i already opened a thread in the crashes and debugging forum here but ive been informed its probably a virus and was directed here for help link to my previous thread -- gt http www sevenforums com crashes-d ogin-page html so far i have run mcAfee full scan and malwarebytes full scan Quote i can see a very simple log of the mcafee scan doesnt allow me to copy and paste or save but the main detail is Total files detected Total files quarantined and ive attached my logs from malwarebytes any help would be great thanks

A:Windows restarts 3-5 times to properly see the login page

hi.......
scan your pc with hitmanpro and dr web cureit

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/110724-windows-restarts-3-5-times-properly-see-login-page.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hey for 9/10 times when booting Display No a No Display when booting 9/10 times while i have No Display when booting 9/10 times been having the following problem when i boot my PC at least out of times i will get no display on my monitor fans will be running no POST beeps after a few or more tries it will eventually boot corectly and my monitor gets a signal and everything is fine the computer will then run for hours w o any problems until i shut it down next day when i try to boot same thing happens again i noticed that whenever i get no signal a small red LED in front of my PC will NOT light up then after turning it off and on again multiple times eventually the red LED will light up i get a display on my monitor and everything is fine no idea what that LED is i am guessing its from my harddrive if the PC boots correctly that LED will blink continuously at different intervals not sure if it always did this or if it used to be always ON instead of blinking before all this started when this first happened i tried removing my RAM sticks i got POST beeps so i put them back in and would get no display i tried them separately and would eventually get a signal and a normal boot since then i am using only one of the not sure what happens if i put them both in again i also tried to reset my bios using the jumper thing on my MB by doing so all fans run at so after i got a successful boot it took many tries again even after resetting my bios i would go into bios and reduce the fan speed a bit i then saved and exited the bios the PC just turned off and not start on its own until i pressed the power on button i think this is my MB ASRock gt H Pro -M i find it really strange that IF the PC boots correctly it will run for hours w o any problems but the next time i try to boot it i will not get a display as i said eventually after turning it on and off multiple times it would then work again could this be a problem with my PSU if this is most likely is there any way to confirm this w o buying a new one i do not have a nd one available to try it what else could be the problem and how might i go about fixing it thanks a lot

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395810-no-display-when-booting-9-10-times.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys Iv been booting When BSOD in 6 row a Times + experiencing BSOD's every boot after installing Win Ultimate bit and its frustrating me beyond the point BSOD When booting 6 + Times in a row I was running Vista bit and I still had the problem but not as frequent but still was around about BSOD's before it finally booted into the desktop My PC is basically an old Acer Aspire but with custom components except the Mobo RAM and CPU which are the only originals left I first started noticing this issue when I installed BSOD When booting 6 + Times in a row a Tb HDD Seagate for storage and now that iv installed my new Western Digital Black gigs HDD with the win installation on it the BSOD at boot as worsened My Specs Winodows Ultimate bit AMD Phenom Quad-Core Processor GHz ATI Radeon HD Shapire Old Mobo Sorry I don't have a description for it RAM x gig MHz I think not to sure Western Digital Black GB - Boot Drive Video Game Drive Seagate Green - TB - Storage only I would love to solve this issue but if it is BSOD When booting 6 + Times in a row because of the old components I think its about time to upgrade anyway but if it isn't necessary id appreciate advice to save some cash Thanks guys

A:BSOD When booting 6 + Times in a row

Welcome Soulink

We are a little short on BSOD analyzers at the present time, so try to be patient waiting for their help.

Here is a good Freeware program to find out lots of info about your computer, such as your make & model of your MB.

SIW - System Information for Windows

Old SIW 2010 (build 0714) - Freeware Version

This software is being distributed as Freeware for personal, NON-commercial use. It may be freely used, copied and distributed as long as it is used only for personal purposes. Use on single or multiple PCs in a corporate, educational, non-profit, military or government installation is prohibited.SIW Multilanguage With Installer* Download
Torrent Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/158163-bsod-when-booting-6-times-row.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have scanned several times with MBAM Spybot and AVG to no avail I simply removed Trojans and Spyware and they some by black not Comp correctly on damaged booting be rootkit may screen,MBR occasions return My computer boots to black screen sometimes computer Comp not booting correctly on some occasions black screen,MBR may be damaged by rootkit is slow firefox stops responding as well as completely freezes when left idle for more then - hours I think The MBR may be damaged i included dds log and a spybot log including the reg entry that keeps reappearing Not sure this one is tough any help would be Greatly appreciated Thanks for any time you spend on this here is the dds log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Jack at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Network Edition Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar ToolbarBroker exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Blue Coat K Web Protection k filter exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo DeviceService DevSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgam exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Documents and Settings Jack Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www support cusa canon com e shared login jsp uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uLocal Page mLocal Page uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks H - No File mURLSearchHooks H - No File mWinlogon UIHost c documents and settings all users application data tuneup software tuneup utilities winstyler tu logonui exe BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GRA E DLL TB CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exe mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dll IE DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - - F - D - - D F - c progra spybot SDHelper dll Trusted Zone samsungportal com DPF BCC -B - - C - D A B C - hxxp office microsoft com sites production ieawsdc cab DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp ... Read more

A:Comp not booting correctly on some occasions black screen,MBR may be damaged by rootkit

Hi,Please do the following:Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:Link 1 Link 2 VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop * IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures. Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.Notes:1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392529/comp-not-booting-correctly-on-some-occasions-black-screenmbr-may-be-damaged-by-rootkit/
Relevancy 51.17%

I turned on my PC yesterday and was watching it boot, all was normal untill it got the XP screen where it loads and you can see the bar moving. It just restarts itself after that screen and starts all over again.

I really dont know what is wrong with it, or how to fix it. Any help will be much appriciated.

A:Restarts while booting

Hi

Try tapping your f8 key from start-up and selecting "Last Good Configuration"...

If that doesn't help, from the same menu boot into 'safe-mode' and try a 'system-restore'.

Peter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/restarts-while-booting-64860.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey everyone I have a booting turns and Laptop before few a anything off on times really odd problem with my laptop When I turn it on it sits at the Compaq boot screen for about seconds then it restarts itself This happens about - times before it attempts to boot anything I have inserted into the laptop which currently happens to be a USB When it finally turns on everything works fine but I am hoping to solve Laptop turns on and off a few times before booting anything this problem I have tried turning on the laptop without the AC power plugged in and the same thing happens Also I have tested the memory in the BIOS and it reported that everything was fine My Phoenix BIOS is F so it is not the newest F is Laptop turns on and off a few times before booting anything the latest for my laptop according to the Compaq website but I cannot update it because they only offer an EXE to update it I am currently running Lucid Puppy a Linux distro off of a USB Laptop turns on and off a few times before booting anything Also my laptop is a Compaq Presario F NR Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I am at my wits end and need help I am a photographer and need my laptop to run smooth in order to keep hanging, Sluggish times, response computer required multiple restarts up Sluggish response times, computer hanging, multiple restarts required with editing HP Envy laptop Running WIN NVidia GeForce graphics I have been having issues for a few months I uninstalled all my old virus maintenane programs and installed AVG antivirus and PC Tune Sluggish response times, computer hanging, multiple restarts required Up Got things running smoothly for a couple weeks then bam slow computer again Hard drive was nearly full removed over G of files ran defrag little improvement When running PS and LR will run smooth for a bit after restart butt hen gets laggy and restart is Sluggish response times, computer hanging, multiple restarts required again required which helos about half the time I KNOW there is something going on that I am missing and after exhausting my own resources I need help Had a warning come up days ago about a trojan attached to a canon image browser program I NEVER use quarantined as suggested AVG is not picking up anything after multiple scans

A:Sluggish response times, computer hanging, multiple restarts required

ALSO - I wanted to add after installing WIN10 I can only acheive a complete shutdown by holind down my power button. If I shut down from the wondows menu, the screen goes blank like its shutting down, but my power remains on indefinitely. Not sure if this is related but figured I would add it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598419/sluggish-response-times-computer-hanging-multiple-restarts-required/
Relevancy 50.74%

On a system running Windows 7 Pro, the user contacted me because it was extremely slow.  I found dllhost.exe running multiple times and restarting when killed.  I have seen this before and was able to clean by booting in safe mode with networking (for remote access) and running Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware and ESET Online scanner.  I have run all those and found malware and cleaned it, but there is still something going on.  I installed the trial of Malwarebytes and it is blocking dllhost processes constantly.  I found a folder in Users\username\AppDatas\Local\Temp called sjgwbtf.  Attempting to delete or acces this folder results in "Access is denied."

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

adaniel

A:dllhost.exe appears in task manager multiple times, restarts when killed

Possible Alueron rootkit.  Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515354/dllhostexe-appears-in-task-manager-multiple-times-restarts-when-killed/
Relevancy 50.31%

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack I come back from school to find my computer monitor looking as it should except with an error message The message was over the password prompt which I use and nothing mouse and keyboard responded Like an idiot Itself When Booting Up Restarts Computer I didn't write down what the problem was I just rebooted I got as far as the BootScreen windows logo green blue loading bar then the screen blanked flashed a few times LCD and started the boot process again as if I'd hit the restart button Computer Restarts Itself When Booting Up This happened twice more and on the second time at the BootScreen it just blanked The power was on but I had a blank screen I Computer Restarts Itself When Booting Up gave it about minutes before I restarted When booting in safe mode it gets as far as the Drivers loading screen After it decides to load SPTD sys it restarts Currently I have put in the windows XP CD and am about to try to quot repair quot my windows Losing all the data on this Computer Restarts Itself When Booting Up hard drive would equate to a few thousand dollars so that's not what I'm hoping for If in the end I have to reformat no problem as long as I can get all my data Hopefully Thanks -Zack

A:Computer Restarts Itself When Booting Up

Well, you can rescue your files with a Live Linux CD and a USB drive. *** Instructions ***

Then if you have your XP CD you can do a repair install of XP. This shouldn't delete your files, but you'll have to reinstall all of your programs after running a repair install. If there is any data you absolutely cannot live without, use the method above for making a live Linux CD and copying files to a USB drive.

Hope it helps,
BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-restarts-itself-when-booting-up-196320.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I've been reading on a number restarts while booting XP 64bit of forums and places that people have had problems where there computer refuses to boot and keeps restarting Normally they seem to play around trying XP 64bit restarts while booting to fix it and then the final solution XP 64bit restarts while booting often appears to be XP 64bit restarts while booting a repair install I built a computer for a friend to use with CAD Intel E Gigabyte EP DS L W D GB HDD SATA GB kit x GB DDR RAM Asus Lightscribe SATA Leadtek Quadro FX I finished building it it started up beautifully and then the nightmares began I downloaded drivers for the Quadro and on reboot I got the error that NTLDR was missing I ended up reinstalling windows and gave the drivers another go same result Eventually I used a different set of Quadro drivers from memory there are choices and the NTLDR error dissapeared I then found out then the usb wireless internet device he used didnt have drivers for bit XP but a bit of searching found some hacked drivers that reportedly worked and they did for around weeks After that when he would turn the computer on it would get to the windows loading screen reboot and start again infinitely I could get in with windows safe mode and recover all his stuff but no matter what I did there it would not work normally even removing the suspect drivers had no effect I started shutting down damn near everything one at a time and restarting it no real effect until I got rid of the audio which for some reason caused his USB ports to cease to function Anyway I eventually gave in and did a repair install I figured at the time that it may not be the slightly dodgy drivers that killed it after all why would they work flawlessly for weeks then killed it Of course almost exactly weeks later the computer died again This time I dumped the drivers on the next repair install and it has worked fine except for never working with the original keyboard and mouse combo ever again until just last night around months this time and now its doing it again I cannot work out what is causing this it isnt a virus spyware malware as the damn thing is unable to get on the internet I've never seen new computer with so many issues I even downloaded the manufacters HDD test software in case the issue was important files dissapearing into the ether and it returned that the drive was in perfect working order Sorry this was so verbose Im trying to include anything that may help here Im at wits end If this computer didn't cost so much to build I would have thrown it off the roof of my house already then run over it in my car

A:XP 64bit restarts while booting

I have windows xp pro 64 bit and had a number of issues with it. Particularly with grafic drivers.

There isn't a day that goes by when something stops working.

I am leaving it for now and using vista 32bit which I have no issues with.

Ok you may say that the full 4gb ram wont show up, however you system will still use some of the unseen ram and it will still great on 32 bit

Do you need to run 64bit on it? If not turn back to 32bit.

I.M.H.O

Edit> When you next do a repair copy the following

Boot.ini
NTLDR
Ntdetect.com

Put them on s floppy if you have one or cd. When you system crashes again use this disk to start windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-64bit-restarts-while-booting-333316.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys I wanted to upgrade XP to I've upgraded it partially when in XP So now XP is no more and I only have to boot from the DVD But now booting DVD after from [Urgent] restarts PC I have the problem Every time I insert the Windows DVD the pc says quot Press any key to boot from CD or DVD quot as normal When I've pressed the any [Urgent] PC restarts after booting from DVD key the PC does absolutely nothing and just restarts After that I fiddled around in my BIOS quot turned a few switches quot made a copy on a fresh DVD Now when I insert the DVD the PC says Press any key to boot from CD or DVD When I've pressed the any key [Urgent] PC restarts after booting from DVD the PC says Press any key to boot from CD or DVD When I've pressed the any key the PC does absolutely nothing no reboot no loading no next screen no nothing altough the underscore flashes trougout the whole time I've cleaned the pc from the inside with a vacuumcleaner opened the CD DVD player blowed air in it so the dust could come out Nothing works Could someone please tell what's wrong Is it the DVD Is it the DVD-player Is it the motherboard Is it because my keyboard does not have the any key Is het something wrong with my BIOS settings Help Superstalker

A:[Urgent] PC restarts after booting from DVD

Just to confirm, the original DVD you tried is a real original Microsoft windows 7 DVD and not a copy?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/101324-urgent-pc-restarts-after-booting-dvd.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Well, my father told me this all started after he clicked yes on an error message that he had always pressed no on...he couldn't remember what the message said.
I'm running Windows XP.

So after pushing power, the computer passes POST, then goes to a screen saying Windows can not start normally and gives an option of going into Safe mode, trying to start normally, etc.
If I select start normally, it goes to the black Windows Startup screen, showing a progress bar, then the screen goes black as if it's going to go to the blue welcome screen then just restarts, with the same loop over and over.

In safe mode, it says what drivers it's loading, then quickly does a blue screen (too quick to read), then restarts.

Do you guys think this is a software problem? Is there any way to fix it without reinstalling Windows?

Thanks

Relevancy 50.31%

I almost think this thread's title says it all: it seems that after around a handful of successful boots, that after I enter my password successfully, the system transitions to the next window where it proceeds to hang indefinitely. At that point, I power down, wait a minute and then power up. 99.9% of the time the system will boot up successfully. I haven't had any luck figuring out the cause and just 'discovered' this SeverForums website.

A:Windows7 (64bit) booting fails every 5 or 6 times.

Confirm the 100mb System Reserved partition (preferred if you have it) or C is Partition Marked Active

Then run Startup Repair - Run up to 3 Separate Times to see if it finds anything to repair.

If this doesn't help post back a screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/312179-windows7-64bit-booting-fails-every-5-6-times.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey guys I bought a used computer with a 64 gb kensington ssd drive and I am getting more and more bsod when i boot up. I have tried fresh installing win 7

A:BSOD 8 times out of 10 while booting up. IRQL not equal or less

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.*Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.*If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.*If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Information
Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.

Tip
Memtest should be done overnight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/352178-bsod-8-times-out-10-while-booting-up-irql-not-equal-less.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My P70 beeps 3 times when booting from my 40A50230US workstation dock unless it's in hybrid mode or I leave the lid up. I normally run my p70 in discrete mode but I'm wondering if my dock or system board is failing. Initially I didn't have this issue but I was out of the office for six weeks and when I returned updated the firmware on the dock. There were also several bios changes during that time period. There are 3 options in bios thinkpad lcd, display port, display on dock. It doesn't matter which I choose same problem. Also if I choose 512 or 256 same issue. If I leave the lid up I don't get the beeps in discrete mode. In hybrid mode it seems to work fine. Any ideas? Thanks. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-beeps-3-times-when-booting-on-workstation-dock/td-p/3397351
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello again I hope this is the right forum booting while into restarts Computer Vista I believe it is because it sounds more like a hardware issue than an OS problem My computer recently started to get more screwed up over the past week to be specific When I Computer restarts while booting into Vista turned my Computer restarts while booting into Vista computer off for the night I would boot it up the next day Computer restarts while booting into Vista and it wouldn t boot properly Blue screens and all that So I kept rebooting until it worked and when it did work it worked fine until I turned it off This same problem happened for about days until now my computer shuts off After the mobo and all that boots it asks how I d like to boot safe mode or normal boot then the load bar finishes and THEN this is where the problem happens My cursor appears for about a second then my computer just shuts off then reboots This process keeps going and going until I manually turn it off To add insult to injury when I try to boot into safe mode my monitor says quot Input Not Supported quot It s an Acer V w LCD monitor To further add problems when I put in my Windows Vista disc to run the repair tool out of hope it will at least let me boot into safe mode or something either things happen It says quot Windows is loading files quot fills up and then freezes It loads properly then reboots I get this screen asking if I want to use the Memory Diagnostic Tool or I can pick quot Windows Setup something Enabled quot I click Windows Setup then I get the loading white bar again but this time I get error message xc e which says quot Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer etc etc quot I have run the diagnostic tool and I do have problems but I ve always had problems with this computer s RAM yet never given me problems this severe My specs are -Vista Home Premium -Asus P E-VM DO mobo - GB of RAM -Intel forgot-the-model-name duo core CPU It s whatever the best Intel duo core is E I think -ATi Radeon HD GPU I sound ignorant to my computer s spec but it s been so long since I ve checked Also I can t get into my BIOS for some reason A few days ago I could but now I can t It asks for a password I ve tried all the backdoor passwords for AMI BIOS but none work I honestly don t know why it has a password now No one uses my computer nor knows how to set a BIOS password nbsp

A:Computer restarts while booting into Vista

From here: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5E-VM DO

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-while-booting-into-vista.126672/
Relevancy 49.88%

Today I reinstalled Windows XP Pro on a computer. The process went fine until I restarted the computer. Now the computer will boot up until the Welcome screen then automatically restarts. What could cause this?

A:Computer restarts after booting Windows XP Pro

Clean install...or just a reinstall over whatever was there before...hoping that a reinstall would fix whatever was wrong?

Why the urge to reinstall?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/291042/computer-restarts-after-booting-windows-xp-pro/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a problem with my computer, its been happening for about 2 weeks, and now its just gotten really bad. When i turn my computer on, it begins to POST, goes on and starts to load up windows, and just before i get into the login screen, my computer restarts by itself, and it contiues to do this over and over again.

I am able to access my BIOS, and my harddrive is detected, and I havent installed any new hardware/software lately, just hoping some of you computer experts can help me out, and figure out what the problem might be???

thanx, apperciate any your input

Relevancy 49.88%

Im a freelance graphic designer not that its important but Windows When Booting Unexpectedly Restarts XP it explains the events leading up to my problem Last night while working in Adobe Photoshop Elements My computer froze and then proceeded to restart itself This happend shortly after inserting a USB flash drive to retireve a image that I needed Anyway after the restart the CPU displayed options such as start Windows in Safe Mode Start Windows Normally Last Known Good Configeration etc If any of the options were selected the process restarts again and again Not even the Safe Mode Options or pressing F to access the advanced options would work The farthest along I could get was the Windows XP Professionl logo with the loading bar below and then it restarts all over again Sigh I have been having other issues with my system as of late such as audio lag when i play music in Windows XP Restarts Unexpectedly When Booting itunes or play video files Now I fear that the problem is to a point where I Windows XP Restarts Unexpectedly When Booting wont be able to save my design work media images etc Anyone out there have any advice nbsp

A:Windows XP Restarts Unexpectedly When Booting

I had something similar to this happen to one of my XP Installations b4.I had to Reinstall the OS to fix it, also if your harddrive is "on it's last leg" that could be part of or the entire problem, another would be your PSU, could even be your ram.Can you list your specs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-restarts-unexpectedly-when-booting.973060/
Relevancy 49.88%

My laptop is running windows 10 32bit pro and ever since upgrading, the computer boots to a black screen but there are other times it will boot up correctly, does anybody have a solution to this

A:Computer booting to black screen, other times it will boot

Originally Posted by StevieMc

My laptop is running windows 10 32bit pro and ever since upgrading, the computer boots to a black screen but there are other times it will boot up correctly, does anybody have a solution to this

Hi StevieMC and welcome to Tenforums.

You might want to try turning off Fast Startup. That solved the problem for me.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/40729-computer-booting-black-screen-other-times-will-boot.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I have had a BSOD error 0x0000003b SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION four times in the last month.

I haven't made any major changes to my computer in this time, just a few Windows updates. I can't think of any other relevant information to include.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
David

A:BSOD upon booting, error 0x0000003b 4 times in the last month

Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff88005f1a156, fffff880096b2bd0, 0}

Probably caused by : debutfilterx64.sys ( debutfilterx64+3156 )

Code:
Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, memory

Code:
CONTEXT: fffff880096b2bd0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880096b2bd0)
rax=006500730055005c rbx=fffff8a001994640 rcx=fffff8a00199466a
rdx=fffffa80114f3420 rsi=0000000000000104 rdi=fffffa8010154010
rip=fffff88005f1a156 rsp=fffff880096b35b0 rbp=fffffa80114f92d8
r8=00000000000000f7 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffff8a0030fed4a
r11=000000000000001a r12=fffffa80114f9010 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010206
debutfilterx64+0x3156:
fffff880`05f1a156 48395010 cmp qword ptr [rax+10h],rdx ds:002b:00650073`0055006c=????????????????

Code:
5: kd> lmvm debutfilterx64
start end module name
fffff880`05f17000 fffff880`05f22000 debutfilterx64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: debutfilterx64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\debutfilterx64.sys
Image name: debutfilterx64.sys
Timestamp: Thu Mar 14 00:36:49 2013 (51411BA1)
CheckSum: 00013A92
ImageSize: 0000B000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Your NCH Software Suite seems to be causing problems, please remove the program completely.

Code:
5: kd> lmvm iaStor
start end module name
fffff880`0183e000 fffff880`01be2000 iaStor T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: iaStor.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\iaStor.sys
Image name: iaStor.sys
Timestamp: Thu Feb 02 00:15:24 2012 (4F29D59C)
CheckSum: 0008B2F8
ImageSize: 003A4000

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Get rid of intel rapid storage. First uninstall it from Control Panel > Programs and Features. Then Uninstall the driver from device manager.
Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
It will open the "computer management" window.
Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
Expand "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Select one Intel device item under it, right click, uninstall.
Continue the process for all Intel items under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers"
Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate native system driver.

Code:
5: kd> lmvm klif
start end module name
fffff880`024f7000 fffff880`0259c000 klif T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: klif.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys
Image name: klif.sys
Timestamp: Tue Mar 26 15:07:33 2013 (5151B9B5)
CheckSum: 000A60C2
ImageSize: 000A5000
Kaspersky seems to be causing problems too, please remove the program completely with Kaspersky Removal Tool, and then install and run full scans with these free and proven alternatives which work best with the operating system due to compatibility and lightweight nature on system resources.

Install and perform full scans with:Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download
Microsoft Security Essentials | Protect against viruses, spyware, and other malware

Information
Remember to install the free version of Malwarebytes not the free trail; untick the free trial box during installation. MSE is the most lightweight and compatible with the Windows 7 operating system

You can also view this t... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/299372-bsod-upon-booting-error-0x0000003b-4-times-last-month.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My Toshiba Satellite C50-A-1DV laptop, running on Windows 8.1 keeps booting up from sleep mode between midnight and five AM. It starts, the disc in the disc drive spins, waking me up, and after it gets to the login screen it shuts down again. I've been told to check scheduled maintenance but it wasn't, and has never, been enabled. On the 6th of May it started up at around 1:35AM. On the 7th it started at around 4:35AM. On the 8th it started up at 4:20AM (It's 4:20 man!). I've had it for a year and two months and this only started on the 6th. It's probably something simple but I can't keep getting woken up by this machine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Laptop Booting Up from Sleep at Random Times in Morning

Run command prompt as administrator, then type the following and press enter:

powercfg -lastwake

This should provide some information about what caused the last wake event (usb device, wake timer, etc.).

Next check for wake timers. Type the following and press enter:

powercfg -waketimers

Reply with the results of these commands.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575579/laptop-booting-up-from-sleep-at-random-times-in-morning/
Relevancy 49.88%

As the title states, my computer restarts a few times on bios screen before booting, after I installed my new gtx 970. And I had bsod a few times while playing WoW on max graphics. The graphics card didn't get too hot. I have no idea what's causing it.
Specs:
Mb: gigabyte ga-z77-g3h
Graphics: gtx 970
cpu: Intel® Core i5-2320
Ram: Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB
psu: XFX ProSeries XXX Edition 650W
128gb ssd and a 500gb hdd
64-bit Windows 7

A:Computer is restarting a few times on bios before booting after installing new gfx

Hi and welcome to TSG.

When you say the graphics card didn't get too hot, what temps did it get to and what are you using to monitor it? Not necessarily saying you are wrong, only we have seen it many times where people think their cards / CPU etc isn't overheating but it is infact running too warm.

I assume you are not overclocking at all?

What BIOS version are you running? I believe the board comes with F18 BIOS but there have been two BIOS updates since then to 'improve system stability' (F21) and 'Compatibility' (F22).

How old is the system overall?

What error was displayed on the BSOD?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-is-restarting-a-few-times-on-bios-before-booting-after-installing-new-gfx.1137751/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have been having some issues (a non-responsive black screen) when I start up my machine for the past few months. Initially it was only when Windows 7 started up, but of late it even hangs when I go into the BIOS. I initially thought it may have been an issue with Windows itself but now I'm not so sure. I have run the Alien Autoposy software powered by PC-Doctor supplied by Alienware (Dell) to test my hardware but it doesn't seem to show up any errors. My machine is about 5 years old and has had no hardware changes made to it.

Any ideas?

Sorry if I'm being a bit vague here, I'm a newbie at these forums.

A:Non responsive black screen at random times when booting up

Quote: Originally Posted by mulder1310

...it even hangs when I go into the BIOS.....

That right there tells me everything I need to know.

It is 100% a hardware issue if that is happening. The bios would not be effected by a failing hard drive, but ram it could be. I would do both below anyway.

If your system is freezing, that is not a good sign and is usually caused by hardware failure.

Check your HDD for errors, and then run a memtest.

Disk Check

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/341001-non-responsive-black-screen-random-times-when-booting-up.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Guys.

I have a Dell Desktop that works well. However, I often press the power button and get no signal to the monitors. I hear 2 short beeps.

Then I press the power button again briefly, and the fan immediately turns off. I press the power again (not hold) and it starts to boot, but again, 2 short beeps and no signal to monitor.

After 2-5 times doing this, it all loads, and everything is great, and won't mess up if I leave the p.c. on.

Anyone have any ideas? Could it be a graphics card going? ram problem? battery on the mother board?

What could be causing this mystery?

M14

A:Takes 2-4 times power on / off before booting (2 beeps) Mystery

How old is the motherboard? It could be the battery. I would run memtest.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Also please fill in the specs of the dell computer.

System Info - See Your System Specs

Edit for additional info, how are your temps? try this to see and post results.

Speccy

Also have a read here

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309159-takes-2-4-times-power-off-before-booting-2-beeps-mystery.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Not long ago a week and a half or so I was playing Payday and my computer froze I turned off my computer to restart it and could not load my computer past a pre-loading windows black screen where the mouse was not showing I then tried booting my computer in various ways safe with and without networking etc and they worked however I believe one of my drivers failing to load was booting and times update 9/10 [SOLVED] problems not Computer the reason for my quot Windows Normal quot startup to fail I eventually decided through I then looked at using the system restore point function in order to hope for some success The system restore function when I [SOLVED] Computer not booting 9/10 times and update problems restored to a week ago two weeks ago did not seem too alleviate my issue much it did however allow me to load windows but almost immediately after using the machine for - minutes I would have a frozen screen again I then eventually decided to just factory reset the machine out of desperation the factory reset eventually happened successfully and I was able to load windows and login into my new user successfully as I learnt that I had to reinstall my graphical drivers I then attempted to put in various CD's in in order to install these drivers eventually when I figured out the order of CD's that I needed to install for my games to load properly I then resumed my activities on my pc such as gaming browsing etc Flash forward to the second factory reset this one happened due to a very similar freezing problem yet again and again I decided to turn off my computer in hope to simply reboot my machine however this time the computer seemingly failed to monitor and my monitors light would blink red-off-red-off every few seconds with no obvious on the screen every now and then my computer would successfully load and it would then crash in - minutes approx when I would be using my machine I again having exhausted my options attempting to update drivers and booting in various ways and hoping for a miracle decided to factory reset again My second factory reset was alot easier because I knew how to install the drivers whereas compared to the many failed attempts of the first factory reset all had been well up to the point that the same crashing problem as the reason for the second factory reset came up again desiring to play games with my friend that afternoon I tediously factory reset to the same method that I had been doing and installed my various games that I'd be playing and whatnot Fast forward to the issue at hand this time whenever I turn on my computer i continually face the problem of my machine randomly deciding to load its programs up on the monitor when It decides not to load my machines lights and fans seem to physically load my visual judgement and the screen remains black despite seeing the quot HDMI quot tag load on the upper left of the screen and the power buttons red light blinking again This is my first issue my computer has become very unreliable and sometimes takes up-wards to minutes to minutes to successfully start If I am rebooting the machine I have tried various methods of booting it up such as taking out the power leads for extended periods of time or somewhat rapid on off on's and an attempt or two at doing this with my machines restart button Sometimes the machine will load after any one of these options and even just a simple on button press the main issue with my ability to diagnose this issue is the somewhat random differences in the successes of my start ups As mentioned in my earlier paragraphs where I had a similar problem on one of the earlier boots this problem occurs on every boots sometimes boots It is very difficult to get the start up interface bios etc visually loading on the monitor My second issue is that I have some windows updates to complete due to having had to factory reset my machine these updates decide to run whenever I turn off the machine through the windows menu which tells me that u... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Computer not booting 9/10 times and update problems

@ROMs101 Factory reset, the reason I re-installed my graphics drivers and chipset was due to none of my games being able to run, an example of this was the battle.net client for Blizzard games, or my League of Legends. I bought my computer pre-made and with it came four various discs, one for the graphics driver, one for chipset, one for windows and one for various window software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-computer-not-booting-9-10-times-and-update-problems-956657.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Well i m ready to send everything back i decided to build a new computer here s the specs MSI P M M socket mobo Intel Pentium D processor Ghz Ultra GB DDR RAM only stick -watt power supply came with case G Samsung harddrive IDE it s not new i ve had it for about a year no problems Ok well first i had a BSOD which i figured out was b c XP SP must be installed b c of PCI express slot ok so i loaded it in the harddrive using my brother s desktop OS ran fine no probs on his desktop I put hard drive back into mine i turn it on and it detects ram hd cdrom and goes to the next screen it s black with an underscore blinking in the top left corner and then it restarts and it will do this continually it s a vicious cycle I m running everything at the bare minimum nothing extra so i don t know what s causing this problem If anyone has any ideas please let me know b c i don t have any nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi
When W8?s menue apears on start and I choose W7 - instead of loading W7directly , the computer is new-starting again and only than starts w7. Thats a funny "behaviour"....Does anybody have an idee how i can solve it?

Also, after starting the computer, the menue is not directly shown up, first is this turnning wi8 circle (like in the setup) and only about 30 sec. later comes the menue.
I?m using windows 8 enterprise, test version.

A:Dual boot: W7 restarts instead of direct booting

Your PC is booting correctly.
That is how Windows 8 boot loader works.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/19974-dual-boot-w7-restarts-instead-direct-booting.html
Relevancy 49.45%

my pc got infected with malware and i ran ad-aware to clean it.after cleaning it boots to desktop and gives an error msg saying "cannot find c:windows/system/spoolsv.exe" and restarts.i cannot do nothing and all my files in the folders inside my documents.i tried going from admin and accessing. i can goto desktop and other folders but cannot access my documents it says "access denied"
my original XP CD seems not working to repair...HELP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-home-edition-restarts-as-soon-as-it-finises-booting.770212/
Relevancy 49.45%

hi i have windows vista it was working fine yesterday my vista restarts repair booting/cannot in mid Windows brother downloaded a game called Rome Total war he said that he installed it Windows vista restarts in mid booting/cannot repair and it was asking to reboot computer so he did and now i cant boot my comp i tried Windows vista restarts in mid booting/cannot repair to set default BIOS it didnt work i tried checking the cables it didnt work i checked my fans all working fine and no overheating nothing works now i tried to repair my windows because i read that it could be bad boot sector so i boot from my windows DVD and since i get that blue screen it stucks on there i dont know what to do now anyone please help because i bought my comp last week and i didnt use it propertly yet because i get only problems THX EDIT i got my repair screen after minutes of waiting maybe my ram is dead but it shows my Gb of ram on startup BTW my processor is Intel pentium dual core E Ghz and Gb of ram ATI radeon HD Mb

A:Windows vista restarts in mid booting/cannot repair

Ok close thread! I got it working by repairing startup
thx anyway :d

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-restarts-in-mid-booting-cannot-repair-369999.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I helped my -year-old Computer up restarts shortly intermittently after booting daughter build her first desktop computer for general computing gaming and video editing Not wanting to overclock but still have plenty of features built onto a motherboard that wouldn t break the bank too much I purchased the following Motherboard Gigabyte Z N-WIFI CPU Intel i - RAM GB G Skill Ripjaws V x GB GPU MSI Computer restarts intermittently shortly after booting up GTX PSU SeaSonic G Series W Boot drive and important apps GB Samsung M SSD for games GB Samsung Data drive TB Western Digital black HDD So I figure there s quite Computer restarts intermittently shortly after booting up a lot of stuff there to keep her happy for a long time with a reputable brand power supply that should be adequate When we installed windows the drivers a bunch of apps and some games everything ran fine That evening she played Minecraft and some games on Steam without any complaints or issues Two Computer restarts intermittently shortly after booting up days later Windows throws up the light blue screen complaining that it wasn t properly shut down Okay she restarted the computer Now the fun starts every time Windows boots it will at some point encounter an unknown critical error and restart even if the computer is idle There is nothing more descriptive in the event viewer In the settings it is checked not to restart but that s what happens It s running the stock CPU cooler and none of the temperatures are very high as reported by the system BIOS and HWMONITOR The BIOS is up-to-date F Earlier today I tried resetting Windows and had it reinstall not a repartition and clean install which did nothing It restarts within a few short minutes of booting up I have been running MemTest for the last hour without any errors and no crashes If it is not the memory then what is the logical next step of troubleshooting I initially thought either memory or the power supply cutting out I could try doing a fresh install of Windows without the video card then introduce it next if the computer is stable I m not sure how to proceed next Anyone nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-restarts-intermittently-shortly-after-booting-up.1165481/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated Let me start by admitting I am a complete computer novice I recently accessed an email sent to my account from what I thought was my bank Upon opening the email I realised it was spam A few minutes later my computer had completely frozen Nothing helped CTRL ALT and Delete did nothing sadly I switched it off by holding down my power key Upon rebooting a few minutes later my computer reached the ACER startup screen It just keeps turning itself off and on again The start up screen will tell keeps up restarts startup booting screen Computer to and me to wait If I press F or might beep up to times but always turns itself off again I cannot get past this Computer keeps booting up to startup screen and restarts point This means I cannot use a recovery disk of any sort I have an ACER that I only recently purchased I don't know if the spam email is a coincidence or not Is this likely to be a hardware electrical problem I think not or is it a virus spyware Please help All the technical support I can find on the web involves actually being able to boot up the setup screen Many thanks eagerly awaiting replies

A:Computer keeps booting up to startup screen and restarts

Reboot or turn on the machine. As soon as you see your machine's name logo splash screen keep tapping F8. Go to "Advanced Options" or "Repair Computer" Select your language then "Repair Your Computer" An installation of Windows should be detected after that select "Next"

If that does not fix the issue. Do the same as before go to Next again go to command prompt type in

Code:

CHKDSK C: /R

I would also scan your system with your current anti virus software, a full scan.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-keeps-booting-up-to-startup-screen-and-restarts-662573.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I have a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P running Windows Vista -bit There has been a persistent problem almost ever since problems randomly Computer restarts + booting I bought the machine nearly months ago where a blue screen suddenly appears with an error message and the computer then proceeds to restart Also sometimes when I turn on the machine it says there has been a problem and then goes straight to Auto-Recovery to check for errors Needless to say it never finds any My only other problems are that I can t access Windows Add Remove Programs feature because Vista cannot find an associated program with which to run it and that Automatic Update KB continually fails to install However these problems seem relatively insignificant so I m not sure whether either of these could be affecting the main restart and boot problem If any more information is needed I will be happy to provide Pasted below is my HJT log Thanks in advance -zacmonder- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files brs exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files FSC LASER MOUSE GTGMouse exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files F-Secure common FSM EXE C Program Files Steam steam exe C Users Itzhak AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files F-Secure FSGUI fsguidll exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Users Itzhak AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Itzhak AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Itzhak AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Itzhak AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Itzhak AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe Computer randomly restarts + booting problems C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run Norman ZANDA q... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomly-restarts-booting-problems.815183/
Relevancy 49.45%

My computer when I switch it on beeps 3 times (+/- 3 or 4 secs long), continues to boot. Lights come on, hear fan and hard drive come on. Then it freezes. Power button wont work but reset does. Tried moving ram to other slot no difference.
Dont know my system details, but this is little I know

Motherboard : Written intel desktop board
Ram : 1 Gb
Harddrive : IDE excelstor 40gb. Boots and work when I conect to s friend computer
(disconnected the sata samsung 250 gb harddrive use it for storage)
Bios : Dont know what it looks like. So have not tried reseting jumpers.
Power supply : model atx 230v
Intel chip with gold bar in corner : intel
nh82801gb
l8125127

pls help. Confused very limited knowledge. will apreciate and try any suggestion

A:computer wont finish booting beeps 3 times and freezes

Without knowing the maker of your BIOS it's had to say what the 3 long beeps mean. Try disconnecting the keyboard and any other hardware except the monitor and see if the PC boots then.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-finish-booting-beeps-3-times-and-freezes.963607/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Toshiba Laptop and ive been using it fine for almost a year now, recently ive started to have some problems such as the computer saying media cable unplugged and not booting properly. Plus when it does finally boot i go on the internet or something and sometimes the whole computer freezes and it does an emergency crash dump or a pop-up error comes up and says "The instruction as 0x76b00999 referenced memory at 0x76b00999. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc00000e..."this is not the complete message because while copying it my computer shut it self down. if you need anymore of the message ill see what i can do.

So any help is appreciated VERY greatly. Oh and like the title says i dont think restoring it helps any.

A:Restored my computer almost 5 times now, booting and error messages continue

i think somewhere the hard ware have problems. need to be check.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restored-my-computer-almost-5-times-now-booting-and-error-messages-continue.133127/
Relevancy 49.45%

Desktop backround changes to a picture that says quot Warning Spyware detected on your computer quot Every time I boot the computer this happens Sometimes when booting after the Windows loading screen the process stops Occasionally I'll randomly blue screen Moreoever I can't reach this page along with others on that particular PC Any help would be appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Desktop Random At Screening Changes Blue Times, Backround Booting Upon Normal Running processes C WINDOWS Blue Screening At Random Times, Desktop Backround Changes Upon Booting System smss exe C WINDOWS Blue Screening At Random Times, Desktop Backround Changes Upon Booting system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C WINDOWS system lphc wj e exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTProAgent exe C Program Files uTorrent utorrent exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service ANIWZCSdS exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files VideoLAN VLC vlc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO no name - A A A-CF - EFE-B D-C A C - C WINDOWS system ssqpn dll file missing O - BHO no name - CF BFB - ACC- b-B B- B C FF - C WINDOWS system vrsklxkp dll file missing O - HKLM Run JMB X Configure C WINDOWS system JMRaidTool exe boot O - HKLM Run ANIWZCS Service C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run CTDVDDET quot C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE quot O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe r O - HKLM Run AudioDrvEmulator quot C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe quot - AudioDrvEmulator quot C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader Audio Emulator AudDrvEm dll quot O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run itype quot C Program ... Read more

A:Blue Screening At Random Times, Desktop Backround Changes Upon Booting

Hello. I am PropagandaPanda (Panda or PP for short) and I will be helping you with your log.I will need some time to look over your computer's log(s). I am still in training, so my responses to you must be checked by a coach.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here. Please take note of a few guidelines for this fix:Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. Doing so could cause changes to the directions I have to give you and prolong the time required. Further more, you should not be taking any advice relating to this computer from any other source throughout the course of this fix.If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Even if things appear to be better, it may not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself. Finally, please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Download and Run RSITPlease transfer this file over to the infected computer's desktop via a portable drive.Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both C:\rsit\log.txt (<<will be maximized) and
C:\rsit\info.txt (<<will be minimized)With Regards,The Panda

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169058/blue-screening-at-random-times-desktop-backround-changes-upon-booting/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello i m a newbie here though i have been lurking I ve searched my desktop issue restarts 1) booting self/freezes slow Issue 2) desktop but nothing seems to help Its something that has happened since my new graphic card was installed last week so maybe they are related Last week i had my techie friend install a Radeon Issue 1) slow booting desktop 2) restarts self/freezes ACP card for me in my Win XP PC When i got it home I had to find new drivers It wasn t able to play a game that worked fine before My friend was in the BIOS so assume he disabled the on-board s drivers and i had removed the card s old drivers before installing the new ones Then it would rebooted itself every five minutes I turned off all screen-saver options and bought myself half an hour I took off the case side and have a fan facing it in-case my card is running too hot Note-its when I game that it freezes reboots Not sure that helps at all Also while gaming the monitor sometimes goes into standby and won t Issue 1) slow booting desktop 2) restarts self/freezes wake up i can hear the game music still playing NOW after three days of gritting my teeth and hard-booting when it dies on me my desktop takes at least five minutes to load background first much later the icons It took all of two minutes before I worry i may have user profile corruption from all the hard booting I have to get to work but I ll bookmark this to see if you awesome guys can help me out nbsp

A:Issue 1) slow booting desktop 2) restarts self/freezes

Oh, my HijackThis file, in case you need that?

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 3:53:35 PM, on 4/29/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16827)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Nexon\Mabinogi\npkcmsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\tsnpstd3.exe
C:\WINDOWS\vsnpstd3.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=presario&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=presario&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=presario&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=presario&pf=desktop
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/games/ben10/bountyhunters/en/creating-games.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=presario&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: IEVkbdBHO - {59273AB4-E7D3-40F9-A1A8-6FA9CCA1862C} - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\ievkbd.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPAIO_PrintFolderMgr] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\hpoopm07.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tsnpstd3] C:\WINDOWS\tsnpstd3.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [snpstd3] C:\WINDOWS\vsnpstd3.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\avp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [Shockwave Updater] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Adobe\SHOCKW~1\SWHELP~1.EXE -Update -1103471 -"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6" -"http://www.neopets.com/games/dgs/play_shockwave.phtml?va=&game_id=... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-1-slow-booting-desktop-2-restarts-self-freezes.822927/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Im a norwegian and have already written much about this problem in norwegian Im not really good at english So I can't write all that I've written to Zepto and on a norwegian forum But I will atleast give you the logfiles Not every BSOD seems to have created a log file some BSODs dont seem to dump properly for example The BSOD's occur randomly I can play several hours and end the game normal without problems or it can occur soon after startup without me even getting started up a browser So personally I do booting Random BSODs, and problems... 64-bit restarts freezes, not think this is a overheating problem graphic card problem or cpu-problem I have searched with Vista's memory test and memtest They found Random BSODs, freezes, restarts and booting problems... 64-bit no errors and memtest passed times the second time I Random BSODs, freezes, restarts and booting problems... 64-bit tried to ran it The first time I ran it it froze during testing so I had to restart and then it passed times I have searched my PC with antivirus and found none I have not been on any suspicious sites either The startup-problems is a pain when they occur Like last night Bluescreen Then I started it up again but it didnt pass one of the boot up stages It froze So after I had waited a while I did a turn off then I turned it on again Black screen minutes minutes still a black screen I repeated this process - times every time a black screen that didnt go away the PC was on but screen black and I couldnt hear any boot-up sound only the fan Then after many tries it worked it booted up but got a bluescreen during the boot up And the next two times after that I got into Vista Yay But shortly after it froze No reactions when I moved the mouse clicked crtl-alt-del etc Ironically I was writing my fourth follow-up e-mail to Zepto before all this happened they have only replied with two auto-replys that I will be answered soon Im sorry for this bad english really But ask me questions instead of me trying to say everything at once That may be better I will give you links to all the crash-files I've found The last two dmp-files I couldnt debugg because the PC have been impossible and I only had time to copy the files before one of the froze-ups yesterday I also provide you with some pictures I have only had the chance to take pictures of some of the bluescreens It is a Zepto Mythos A I dont have all the system config here But I will give you that too when I get home Just say to me what you want Short summary of the dumpfiles Seems to be ntkrnlmp exe being the problem in most of them and CLASSPNP SYS being the problem in one of them

A:Random BSODs, freezes, restarts and booting problems... 64-bit

Hi. . .

I would like the links to your other dumps. I see in photos & dumps that you are updated w/ Vista SP1. When did you update? One photo shows WERCON screen - TrustedInstaller crashing constantly since at least October 2nd. When did the system problems begin?

Can you run in SAFEMODE w/ any greater stability than normal windows boot-up?

Please run msinfo32 when possible & save in NFO format (NFO file extension). I am not sure if it will be in English or not - but OK for now.

Also, I'd like a Vista System Health report in HTML format. Please do the following:
START | type cmd.exe into the start search box | right-click on cmd.exe | select Run as Administrator | the black cmd prompt (DOS) screen will appear - type the following:

Code:
perfmon /report
It will take about a minute to run... then save it as an HTML file.

Please zip it & msinfo32 NFO file up and attach to your next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bsods-freezes-restarts-and-booting-problems-64-bit-301818.html
Relevancy 48.16%

It happened yesterday after I force shut off my laptop After powering it on BSOD comes up and gives me two options to either startup repair it which never works and leads me back here again or start it up normally which fails BSODs again and restarts on it's own and gets me back here By a small lucky chance I managed to get to my desktop by non-stop restarting but it seems that there is something fishy going on with my video card drivers because aero doesnt work I cant run chrome for some reason when I hover restores while into BSOD restarts/failed booting, infinite forces sys over a program in windows explorer it doesnt show me a preview window windows aero doesnt work suggesting that there's a driver error etc I am hesitant to do anything related to rebooting my laptop because I fear I'm going to be locked into constant reboots again so I'll wait eagerly for any advice you guys can give me Thank you in advance Whocrashed report - EDIT Adding specs if it helps EDIT I uninstalled my videocard drivers and the BSODs stopped after the restarts afterwards I installed the newest drivers possible and now it's giving me a BSOD while booting, forces into infinite restarts/failed sys restores black screen How ed am I Edit Well the problem fixed itself somehow after praying to the God of tech no blue black screens anymore the only BSOD while booting, forces into infinite restarts/failed sys restores problem left is that there's still something up with my drivers since aero still doesn't work but oh well I'll try to BSOD while booting, forces into infinite restarts/failed sys restores find a fix online I'll keep the thread updated for the next hours otherwise I'll mark it as solved

A:BSOD while booting, forces into infinite restarts/failed sys restores

The display driver was causing the issue, apparently.

Code:
BugCheck 50, {fffff880061e5048, 0, fffff88007457a5b, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+52a5b )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Which is/was backdated.

Code:
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 29 07:57:04 2013
I will suggest you to use a known stable driver there. Uninstall the installed display driver using Display Driver Uninstaller. Then install the CCC 14.4 WHQL only.

But the temps are not seeming good at all. Depending on the laptops age, it needs dusting and re-applying thermal paste.

If you cannot do it yourself, get it done by somebody who can. You can take the help of the professionals too. But it would be highly important.

The number of startup programs may have a bearing with the startup issue. Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus and the touchpad driver, SynTPEnh.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Report us the situation when needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/368712-bsod-while-booting-forces-into-infinite-restarts-failed-sys-restores.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello there,
I am facing boot up problem with my computer. Since last week I am having a hard time to start my computer. Now it is usual that the screen shows 'Preparing Automatic Repairs' for about 15-20 minutes but nothing happens and then I need to power off my system. After 2-3 attempts, if I am lucky, my computer gets on and after sometime it shows error message as I have attached with this thread. It shows different errors, the last time ( a few minutes back, it showed CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION.
Please help me in this regard.
PS: I have checked my computer for any pirated software and I think there are none, but still if you get anything on any log report please let me know and how to remove those because I am not an expert to find if there's such software, I hope you understand.
Thanks in advance for the support

A:Windows 10 booting problem and automatically restarts, says CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error

random errors that come and go and make no real sense are usually a sign of a failing hard disk drive

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-booting-problem-and-automatically-restarts-says-critical_structure_corruption-error.63786/
Relevancy 47.73%

PC specs OS Windows XP Pro Bit SP Motherboard ASUS P Q Pro CPU Intel Core Duo CPU E GHz Memory Corsair DDR PC - MHz DDR GB x GB Total HDD Western Digital GB OS GB Storage and TB Storage Video Card Gigabyte ATi Radeon HD MB Monitor Samsung SyncMaster SW in PSU Corsair W TX- W Case Thermaltake V Tower Black Okay so i've had this new PC almost month now I believe Maybe a little less Everything was going pretty well until a few days ago it suddenly restarted after quickly flashing the Blue Screen Way too fast to read Then after everytime I boot it restarts at random times giving the quick blue screen and restarting Sometimes it restarts just before loading windows logon screen screen booting restarts of flashes and period Blue quickly after short then sometimes a few mins after windows has fully loaded The max time i've had it running was probably - mins I've tried formatting it quite a few times only to have the exact same problem nothing had changed hardware or software wise to cause anything like this Also no POST beeps so that Blue screen quickly flashes and restarts after short period of booting doesn't help I've found out that the HDD isn't the problem i'm running it right now and it works fine I've also tried installing on multiple HDD's and keep having the same problem Blue screen quickly flashes and restarts after short period of booting both IDE and SATA Before this the PC was working very well except for not being able to boot from disc like WinXP for example Yet I'm using the same DVD burner now in this older PC and it boots CDs and DVDs fine s -Holly

A:Blue screen quickly flashes and restarts after short period of booting

First you need to stop the restarts so you can read the BSOD.

Turn off auto restart - right click my computer, properties, left click advanced, and in the startup and recovery section left click the settings button and uncheck the box 'automatically restart'... next time it will blue screen properly, then you make a note of the exact message and post it here.

Second, since the hd's use 2 different controllers, the mobo isn't a prime suspect (new you say?).

Check your temps and voltages during any period where it stays on for a bit.

Check that the cpu heatsink is secure (socket 775 stock units can be hard to seat).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-quickly-flashes-and-restarts-after-short-period-of-booting-381511.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Whenever I boot my machine, it brings up the Dell screen and hangs for a very long time, 1 minute or more, then it boots up apparently normally. However, when it does boot, sometimes my cd-burner is not detected, and is not available in my computer- windows explorer., or listed in the device manager. Equally at times, my second hard drive does not make it into the mix after the os loads. What could be causing this problem?

A:Dell 1.1 ghz, hangs on dell screen 1 minute at booting, cd rom not dtctd at times?

How are your drives hooked up? (what's on which IDE channel).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-1-1-ghz-hangs-on-dell-screen-1-minute-at-booting-cd-rom-not-dtctd-at-times.344044/
Relevancy 40.42%

Help,
My new Dell XPS 15 won't turn on.  Last week I had a similar situation, and I had to press the button several times once to get it to turn on with similar behavior.  Now it won't turn on at all.  I can get the LED lights to start blinking, always showing the same pattern - 4 white blinks, 2 amber blinks, and I can get this to turn off by holding the power button down.  Any ideas?  It is only a month old...
David

A:Dell XPS won't turn on. LED light blinks 4 times white, 2 times yellow

This is a bad mainboard.  Call Dell to have the board replaced under warranty.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991357
Relevancy 39.56%

I have changed the graphics card and PSU, but still the PC resets even on occasions where nothing is being used. I'm looking to find out what is causing this.

Cheers

Rob

A:System resets randomly 2 or 3 times a day at varying times.

have you checked to make sure all the cables are in the right places and they are connected tightly. also it sounds like there is a issue with the power supply itself. i would try testing the psu for proper voltage because generally a graphics card itself shouldn't cause issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/354417-system-resets-randomly-2-3-times-day-varying-times.html