Windows Support Forum

Increasing the video memory on Toshiba Satelite l645D

Q: Increasing the video memory on Toshiba Satelite l645D

I have a Toshiba Satelite l645D and when I go to my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 settings it says it has a total of 1405 available graphics memory, but only 256 Video memory is dedicated... My laptop has plenty of RAM to give to the video card, and when I go to the BIOS theres no option for increasing the video ram whatsoever... Is there any way to do this?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Increasing the video memory on Toshiba Satelite l645D

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Increasing the video memory on Toshiba Satelite l645D

If there are no options in the bios, the answer is no

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/increasing-the-video-memory-on-toshiba-satelite-l645d.169425/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi,
I put windows 7 on this older laptop that is an a15-s1292 satelite and everything works great but under the device manager it shows no drivers for the video controller! I went to toshibas website and they do not have this model listes as supported by them for windows 7 Any help you can give would be appreciated!!
thanks

A:toshiba satelite a15-s1292 and need a video controller

Is it suported by vista? You may even be able to install an XP driver this way. Follow this tutorial. Compatibility Mode >(edit) I don't see it listed at all. So go to device manager click on display adapter>properties>details>drop down menu hardware id. Then post a screen shot of what's listed and we'll seee about getting you a driver. Welcome to seven forums. Fabe A Preferred Method of Uploading/Posting Screen Shots

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/35667-toshiba-satelite-a15-s1292-need-video-controller.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi! I have HP probook 440 g1. By default I have 128MB video memory. Then I tried to increase video memory size to 512MB from bios. But it's not working. It still showing 128MB. Can you help me please?Thank you! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Increasing-video-memory-memory-size-in-bios-not-working/td-p/5680788
Relevancy 77.83%

I Have Problem With My Laptop Display "Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4056"
The LCD did not display anything, I try to change with new lcd it still won't display anything,
please help me how iam suppose todo ? thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-my-toshiba-satellite-l645d-s4056.190476/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello folks I have the exact same problem - with my satellite L D-S I am quite sure that the hdd is still ok and the ram is too Upon power on the power light turns on hdd spins up the hdd light flickers a little then it does nothing No backlight no image no error beeps either Quite disappointing as it was in sleep mode and it started doing this when I woke it up Never had a problem with it except for a loose solder connection on the power jack which I fixed about a year ago I am an electrical engineering student so I like to get some experience trying to fix this The computer is about years old phenom II triple core cpu g of memory g hdd and some sort of radeon graphics chip Worse case the graphics chip could be dead No video output from external monitor connector If you need more info I will gladly share it BTW the cpu gpu heatsink warms up as usual and the fan runs too VERY puzzling Cheers -Ben nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4056 no display

The motherboard (GPU chip) is bad. The motherboard will have to be replaced. They are available on EBay usually for way under $150 daily

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-l645d-s4056-no-display.191045/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey, I have a problem with my toshiba satellite l645d..
The charger port won't take in my charger. There's nothing wrong with the actual charger itself though. It used to be if I kept the charger at a certain angle it would work, but if it budged even a little it would stop charging and I would have to prop it up again with something. Now it doesn't charge even in that position. There is a metal part that is a little loose clearly visible inside the hole where the charger goes into. I think that's the problem. How am I supposed to fix it? Also, I'm on a budget so I can't spend much money on this.

A:Problem with charger port on Toshiba Satellite l645d

If the input socket is loose, it is time to have it replaced. Unfortunately this means disassembly and soldering on the motherboard. Are you up to that? Locating the Socket is going to take some searching.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-charger-port-on-toshiba-satellite-l645d.992212/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a situation with a Toshiba Satellite L D I bought it from Bestbuy a few years back I have had a few small problems during the years nothing too big However recently I ran into a problem with my Toshiba booting up It started when I decided toshut down Issues,any Boot Satellite advice? L645D Toshiba my computer because it froze I waited for it to boot but it took me to the Auto Computer Repair page As soon as it stopped it said it could be fixed by the Auto Repair Within the description it stated an error in a driver I tried to reboot with windows and the blue error Toshiba Satellite L645D Boot Issues,any advice? screen popped up It stated it needed to shut down as to notdamage the computer I tried to reboot it again same error message and blue screen I bought a new hard drive and tried to re-install windows and I get the blue error Toshiba Satellite L645D Boot Issues,any advice? screen while trying tore-install windows I took out my old drive and put into an enclosure and ran a scan on it No viruses or issues Was wondering if anyone has any advice what I can do Thanks in advance for allthe help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-l645d-boot-issues-any-advice.1120473/
Relevancy 74.82%

First off I m just going to go ahead and say that I know absolutely nothing about computers so keep the fancy words to a minimum please I know how to go on messenger post in forums and play some games none of the technical stuff My setup not sure what it means this is just written word-for-word from dxdiag Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Build Manufacturer Dell System Model OptiPlex GX BIOS Pheonix ROM BIOS PLUS Version A Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Memory memory Increasing on video card? MB RAM Page file MB used MB Increasing memory on video card? available DirectX Version DirectX c Video card Name ATI Radeon X X X Series Chip Type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor x B DAC Type Internal DAC MHz Approx Total Memory MB Let me know if you need more information Alright onto my issue According to my friend I have a half decent setup for what I use it for and that the cause of my lag issues in games is most likely due to the memory on my video card I m just wondering if there s any way that I can increase the memory without spending any money If I absolutely have to spend money buying online is NOT possible then I would prefer the absolute cheapest possible route I can drive to a store near me Main games played on this computer by various people in the house Counter Strike Source Increasing memory on video card? MapleStory FlyFF nbsp

A:Increasing memory on video card?

If your PC is using on-board graphics (or in rare cases a discreet card) you can allocate additional system memory (in some cases) for the video card but I don't think that will solve your issue.

You can certainly replace the video card or add additional system memory to help improve game performance.

It's important to know what size power supply you're dealing with although lower end video cards don't require much power and you'd need to know if you PC requires a low-profile card.

Is it a slim case?

What's your budget for a video card upgrade?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/increasing-memory-on-video-card.145388/
Relevancy 73.96%

Yes, I have looked at the other posts regarding this, my laptop is an HP Compaq nx5326
ATI radeon Xpress 1150
I looked through the catalyst control center (Only ATI thing to come with the notebook) and I cannot find the Video memory usage. I would like to increase it a bit to the proper setting so I can run vista. Help?

A:Increasing video memory on Compaq NX6325?

You'll need a new video card. Memory is built in to the graphics card and can't be changed.

But Vista will run on almost any video card. I have it installed on several machines with unsupported cards and it runs fine. All you lose is the Aero affect, which I often turn off anyway because it is such a CPU hog.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/increasing-video-memory-on-compaq-nx6325.116254/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi there I have a Dell Inspiron N R laptop It is i having GB of RAM and GB of hard-disk But when it comes to the Graphics it has onboard graphics i e Intel HD Graphics Now I have GB of shared video memory but Increasing Dedicated Laptop Video Dell Memory for I only have MB of Dedicated Video Memory which is I think not enough to play games like Battlefield Increasing Dedicated Video Memory for Dell Laptop or Call of Duty s Now coming to the question is there any way I could increase Dedicated Video Memory I will be happy to donate GB or MB more Increasing Dedicated Video Memory for Dell Laptop to Dedicated Video Memory Here are my System Specifications CPU Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Motherboard Dell Inc W BIOS BIOS Date Ver Total Memory GB usable GB HDD ST LM HN-M MBB Kingston DT G USB Increasing Dedicated Video Memory for Dell Laptop Device Sound Card IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Intel R Display Audio Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family OS Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit Multiprocessor Free Service Pack BIOS Manufacturer Dell Inc Name BIOS Date Ver Version A Release Date Graphics Name Video Processor Intel R HD Graphics Family Current Resolution x x bits colors Hz Video Mode Desc x x colors Refresh Rate Min Hz Max Hz Driver Version Driver date I hope you get what I want and please reply on your earliest Thanks

A:Increasing Dedicated Video Memory for Dell Laptop

Unless there is an option somewhere in the bios to increase it, you're stuck with what it has. Even if you can increase it, it won't help much with games,

Intel HD Graphics 3000 - Notebookcheck.net Tech

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/251353-increasing-dedicated-video-memory-dell-laptop.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi
I would like to reset my toshiba Satelite P10 to factory settings can you please tell me how to do this?
Thanks.
Coquelicot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satelite-p10-psp-10-e.801259/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have the above said laptop, which has a good deal of ram right now(im not sitting at it right now so im not sure how much). How far could you upgrade such a computer and could it be done with ddr-sdram.

But this all has me interested because i wasnt aware you could modify your laptop besides maybe a drive change. So what else can you do to a laptop like mine?

A:toshiba satelite ram upgrade

Please specify which model of Satellite (e.g. M30, P30) you have, there are many of them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satelite-ram-upgrade.328989/
Relevancy 65.79%

i just bought Toshiba Satellite A200-10Z, But can someone tell me what does "Satellite" means here?

A:Toshiba Satelite A200-10Z

Satellite is a Toshiba product line of consumer-oriented laptops.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satelite-a200-10z.85434/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi everyone I m new here and hoping GHZ 5.0 satelite network vs toshiba there are some smarter people here than what I ve been lead along by I have a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Hi everyone I m new here and hoping there are some smarter people here than what I ve been lead along toshiba satelite vs 5.0 GHZ network by sometimes it takes a group all on the same page I have a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi EA N wireless router and shaw modem I am using a Toshiba Satelite laptop which uses a Realtek RTL SE Wireless Lan n PCI-E NIC network adapter drivers upto date I checked for toshiba satelite vs 5.0 GHZ network firmware update on wireless modem and showed non available -Windows -AVG I can connect to the wireless router without issue although the wireless connection intermitently toshiba satelite vs 5.0 GHZ network drops I contacted the Linksys tech through chat and explained the drop I was getting and the last tech I dealt with had me reset my wireless router to factory defaults and change the name of each of the GHZ network and the GHZ network so they were not the same which I did I also changed security mode to WPA Personal and did the same on the GHZ network and set the password on both I had been told that the purpose of the GHZ network was so that the lower HZ GHZ network which uses things like handheld telephones would not interfere This is the link to specifications for the router http store linksys com Routers Linksys-EA -Dual-Band-N -Router-with-Gigabit-USB stcVVproductId VVcatId VVviewprod htm Problem is I only see the GHZ network in the wireless connection list along with others like the neibours of course Right now I have the following settings in the router GHZ network Network Enabled Network Name SSID GHz network Password password Network Mode Mixed Security Mode WPA Personal Channel Width MHz only Channel - GHz For the GHz settings please check for the following GHZ network Network Enabled Network Name SSID GHz network Password password Network Mode Mixed Security Mode WPA Personal Channel Width MHz only Channel - GHz NOTE The tech did tell me to make the passwords different from each other for Password so I did but I could not connect to the wireless Once I made the passwords the same on both the GHZ network and the GHZ network I was then able to connect to the wireless although I could only see the network called GHZ network in the list Also tech told me to put Channel width MHZ but in the list the highest there was was the MHZ which is what I set it to This was the last techs conversation Bridget Z Please hold on for - minutes as I prepare the steps for you Bridget Z Thank you for patiently waiting Lynn Bridget Z Please access the setup page of your router and change the following Bridget Z For the GHz settings please check for the following Network Enabled Network Name SSID Wi-Fi name for GHz network Network Mode Mixed Security Mode WPA Personal Password Wi-Fi password for GHz network Channel Width MHz only Channel - GHz For the GHz settings please check for the following Network Enabled Network Name SSID Wi-Fi name for GHz network Network Mode Mixed Security Mode WPA Personal Password Wi-Fi password for GHz network Channel Width MHz only Channel - GHz Click Apply then OK You bridget should there be a different password for the from the network Bridget Z Yes but make sure that you remember both of the passwords and also change the Wi-Fi name of both networks to avoid confusion For example Wi-Fi name of is Lynn and for is Lynn You ok and I know previous techs said I should see both the networks in my wireless list should this be the case Bridget Z Yes Lynn You have to change both names so that you can see it Hopefully you techguys can help me figure this out if more info is needed I will move mountains to get it here Thanks Lynn nbsp

A:toshiba satelite vs 5.0 GHZ network

I see nothing about 5.0 GHz on this Realtek page. What makes you think that adapter supports 5 MHz?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satelite-vs-5-0-ghz-network.1116576/
Relevancy 65.79%

ok i'm getting random IE pop ups when connected to the toshiba log satelite help hijackthis internet When not connected a constant stay offline or try again dialog appears from IE The pop ups are aften i think win antivirus pro ads here's the log please help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass hijackthis log help toshiba satelite exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C hijackthis log help toshiba satelite WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS System THotkey exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TFNF exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe C Program Files SigmaTel SigmaTel AC Audio Drivers stacmon exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files Ares Ares exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Documents and Settings Lorenzo Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www toshiba com search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshiba com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www toshiba com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - a dc ec- f - b-a e- cac ac ba - C WINDOWS system kbdiew dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run LtMoh C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run THotkey C WINDOWS System THotkey exe O - HKLM Run TFncKy TFncKy exe O - HKLM Run TFNF TFNF exe O - HKLM Run TouchED C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run SigmaTel StacMon C Program Files SigmaTel SigmaTel AC Audio Drivers stacmon exe O - HKLM Run TPSMain TPSMain exe O - HKLM Run Pinger c toshiba ivp ism pinger exe run O - HKLM Run JobHisInit C Program Files RMClient JobHisInit exe O - HKLM Run MplSetUp C Program Files RMClient MplSetUp exe O - HKLM Run KAVWks quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations kav exe quot minimize chkas O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run TOSCDSPD C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe O - HKCU Run ares quot C Program Files Ares Ares exe quot -h O - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files AIM aim exe quot d locale en-US ee aol imApp O - HKCU Run WinPop C Program Files WinPop winpop exe O - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Progra... Read more

A:hijackthis log help toshiba satelite

Hello mannybabe

Please read this post completely before begining the fix. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Please ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU DON'T MISS A STEP & PERFORM EVERYTHING IN THE RIGHT ORDER.

===============================================

Additional Downloads

Please download these additional files/programs. Do not run them until instructed to do so.
Unless otherwise stated, they should be stored in same directory as the HiJackThis program.

=================

Download this file - Here

* IMPORTANT !!! Place combofix.exe on your Desktop

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you.

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

=================

Open HijackThis and click on 'Do a System Scan and save a Logfile'. Save the log file and post it here.

===========================================

Create an uninstall list:

With HiJackThis still open Click on the configure button on the bottom right
Click on the tab "Misc Tools"
Click on the Box that says "Open Uninstall Manager"
Click on the button "Save list"
Copy and past the List from the notepad file into your post

=======================

In your next post, please include fresh logs from: ComboFix.txt
HijackThis.txt
uninstall list
Please provide details of any problems you encountered whilst performing the above steps & update us on how the computer behaves now

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/hijackthis-log-help-toshiba-satelite-171600.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I bought a toshiba satelite c850-d and i was playin gta 4 and i noticed that it was a bit slugish, so i made a benchmark
here are the results:

Statistics
Average FPS: 28.95
Duration: 37.41 sec
CPU Usage: 95%
System memory usage: 63%
Video memory usage: 27%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1024 x 600 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: Medium
Shadow Quality: Off
Reflection Resolution: Off
Water Quality: Low
Texture Filter Quality: Anisotropic x16
Night Shadows: Off
View Distance: 1
Detail Distance: 6

Hardware
Microsoft Windows 8

Video Adapter: AMD Radeon HD 7420G
Video Driver version: 8.17.10.1191
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
AMD A4-4300M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

File ID: Benchmark.cli

soo... what can i do to improve my fps, should i upgrade my cpu?

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi there I have the above laptop but want more power so i am just trying to see if firstly it is possible to upgrade or if its worth it I have already increased the RAM to Gb and I am now looking at the processor It s a intel core duo t here is some info if it helps I just want to know if i ts possible to upgrade and if so what to Processor Name Intel Core Duo T Original Processor Freqency MHz CPU ID F CPU Brand Name Intel R Core TM CPU T GHz CPU Vendor GenuineIntel CPU Stepping L CPU Code Name Merom- M CPU S-Spec SL U SL U CPU Thermal Design Power TDP W CPU Type Production Unit CPU Platform Socket M mPGA mBGA Microcode Update Revision Number of CPU Cores Number of Logical CPUs Operating Points CPU LFM Minimum MHz x MHz V CPU HFM Maximum MHz x MHz V Locked CPU Current MHz x MHz V CPU Bus Type FSB QDR Cache and TLB L Cache Instruction KBytes Data KBytes L Cache Integrated MBytes Instruction TLB satelite toshiba a200 KB Pages -way set associative entries Data TLB MB Pages -way set associative entries Standard Feature Flags FPU on toshiba satelite a200 Chip Present Enhanced Virtual- Mode Present I O Breakpoints Present Page Size Extensions Present Time Stamp Counter Present Pentium-style Model Specific Registers Present Physical Address Extension Present Machine Check Exception Present CMPXCHG B Instruction Present APIC On Chip PGE AMD Present Fast System Call Present Memory Type Range Registers Present toshiba satelite a200 Page Global Feature Present Machine Check Architecture Present CMOV Instruction Present Page Attribute Table Present -bit Page Size Extensions Present Processor Number Not Present CLFLUSH Instruction Present Debug Trace and EMON Store Present Internal ACPI Support Present MMX Technology Present Fast FP Save Restore IA MMX- Present Streaming SIMD Extensions Present Streaming SIMD Extensions Present Self-Snoop Present Multi-Threading Capable Present Automatic Clock Control Present IA- Processor Not Present Signal Break on FERR Present Streaming SIMD Extensions Present Carryless Multiplication PCLMULQDQ GFMUL Not Present -Bit Debug Store Present MONITOR MWAIT Support Present CPL Qualified Debug Store Present Virtual Machine Extensions Present Safer Mode Extensions Intel TXT Not Present Thermal Monitor Present Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions Present Enhanced SpeedStep Technology Present L Context ID Not Present CMPXCHG B Support Present Send Task Priority Messages Disabling Present Performance Debug Capability MSR Present Processor Context ID Not Present Direct Cache Access Not Present Streaming SIMD Extensions Not Present Streaming SIMD Extensions Not Present Extended xAPIC Not Present MOVBE Instruction Not Present POPCNT Instruction Not Present AES Cryptography Support Not Present XSAVE XRSTOR XSETBV XGETBV Instructions Not Present XGETBV XSETBV OS Enabled Not Present AVX Support Not Present Extended Feature Flags -bit Extensions Present No Execute Not Present SYSCALL SYSRET Support Not Present RDTSCP and TSC AUX Support Not Present Enhanced Features Thermal Monitor Supported Enabled Thermal Monitor Supported Enabled Enhanced Intel SpeedStep GV Supported Enabled Bi-directional PROCHOT N A Extended Auto-HALT State C E N A Extended Stop Grant State C E Enabled Enhanced Halt State C E N A Enhanced Halt State C E Enabled Enhanced Halt State Hard C E Enabled Hardware Prefetcher Supported Enabled DCU Prefetcher Supported Enabled IP Prefetcher Supported Enabled Adjacent Cache Line Prefetch Supported Enabled MLC Streamer Prefetcher Not Supported MLC Spatial Prefetcher Not Supported DCU Streamer Prefetcher Not Supported DCU IP Prefetcher Not Supported Intel Dynamic Acceleration IDA Technology Not Supported Intel Dynamic FSB Switching Not Supported Enhanced Multi Threaded Thermal Management N A Intel Turbo Boost Technology Not Supported Programmabe Ratio Limits Not Supported Programmabe TDC TDP Limits Not Supported Memory Ranges Maximum Pysical Address Size -bit GBytes Maximum Virtual Address Size -bit TBytes MTRR... Read more

A:toshiba satelite a200

Welcome to TSG!!

I see models of the a200 with up to 2.0 GHz processors on Toshiba's Web site. It would seem yours would support at least that. None of the documentation I saw had any reference to upgrading the CPU. I'm sure they don't support end users doing that. You'd be on your own with it. Not sure where the CPU is. Some are extremely accessible. Others require moderate disassembly. How comfortable are you inside a laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satelite-a200.910329/
Relevancy 65.79%

If you do not want to erase the contents of your hard disk drive then press A to abort.
To continue press C.

When c is pressed the CD-ROM drive light blinks a few times and then the whole system just sit.
Running set up using a windows XP standard system disk get blue screen and Hardware list goes on then get this message:
Set up did not find any hard disk drivers installed in your computer.

Make sure any hard disk drivers are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that any disk related hardware configuration is correct this may involve running a manufacturer supplied diagnostic or setup program setup cannot continue to quit set up, press F3.
Help me!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/toshiba-recovery-dvd-satelite-a35-375887.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Little help if possible, i recently came to suspect moisture in the keyboard of my Toshiba Satelite laptop. Upon booting the keystrokes are all mixed up making it impossible to log into the O/S. The symbols outputted by each key are random, some being normal, some giving no response at all and some ouputting very unusual symbols. Has anyone encountered anything similiar to this and is it possible to remedy this by taking the keyboard apart and cleaning it in it's individual pieces.
If so how do you remove the keyboard?

Cheers,
Cian

A:Toshiba satelite keyboard

If this is a moisture problem (and it certainly seems so), you will be best off just replacing the keyboard. Most new keyboard circuitry is generally laid out on a plastic-type film which the keystrokes come down on to make connection. Once this is shorted by moisture, all is generally lost for it. I've tried repairing this on a Microsoft Natural keyboard with just wasted time.

As far as getting it off, that's a little different for most laptops. There's a combinations of screws (usually hidden by some type of cover) along with some gentle prying on the edges (be very careful with this). If you're not comfortable with this I'd recommend taking it to a professional.

Hope this helps a little.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satelite-keyboard.11439/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Toshiba satellite A305-S6825 that has quit working. I get a blue screen that briefly shows this message.
???STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005,0X83206487, 0X8CFFF754, OXOOOOOOOO)
*** ataport.sys ? address 83206487 base at 83200000, Datestamp 4ce788e8

I have tried to start in safe mode but it restarts and tries to go into the desktop then goes to blue screen.

I have tried to check out what is happening and have found that it may be a memory problem but am not sure how to find out for sure.

I have considered using the restore disc but am afraid that I might make things worse if it is a memory problem.

thanks

A:Blue screen on Toshiba satelite

Hi and welcome to TSF there are some steps here you can check out How To Fix STOP 0x0000008E (KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blue-screen-on-toshiba-satelite-689427.html
Relevancy 64.93%

When it arrived, the hard drive was dead. Replaced the hard drive, re-loaded the operating system and it seemed fine. Within a day, the blue "on" light would come on but it would not start up. Just a black screen. Turning it off by holding down the button, and turning it back on again, would work sometimes. Once it had started once, it was easy to start up again. Leave it for an hour or so and the same problem starting it up. Sometimes two turn on attempts, sometimes many more. It eventually starts up, but it is annoying to have to go through that process, sometimes, many times. Anyone have any answers? You can e-mail me at [email protected] Thanks. JT

A:Toshiba Satelite Notebook Won't Start

From your post I assume this was a new laptop. I would return it under warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satelite-notebook-wont-start.569046/
Relevancy 64.93%

I am using a Toshiba Satelite Pro l300-ez1004v running Windows XP. My DVD drive is just not doing what it is supposed to. If I put in a blank DVD it says: D:/ not accessible
Incorrect Function

It will play a DVD that is already recorded. It will read CDs. I tried to burn to a DVD and it did not work. I installed the Toshiba Diagnostic Tool and it came back with FAIL under the D Drive, but no details beyond that.

Relevancy 64.93%

I was watching a movie and had a couple of windows open at the same time. My computer started freezing and I thought the processors were being over used or something, I decided to quit the other windows. I also then kept refreshing the desktop but made it even worse. My icons weren't showing up and everything was just frozen, so I pressed the on button and held it til it turned off.
When I tried to turn it back on, it wouldn't go pass the windows start up page. I turned it off again and went to the windows recovery option but it would just show a black screen and a mouse in the middle. I went on forums and tried doing what others have suggested and it's still isnt working. I need help, I have important files in my computer and I can't afford to lose them.

A:Toshiba Satelite L655D won't start up

I also noticed a quick flash of a blue screen with some stuff written on it right before it shuts down and restarts again every time I tried starting it up normally...pls help I really need this laptop to work

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-satelite-l655d-wont-start-up-604790.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Does anyone know how to remove the bios password on a Toshiba Satellite A10 or A15?
The laptop starts with a password prompt, has no LPT printer port and no disk drive.

Thanks,

A:BIOS password Toshiba satelite A10 or A15

reflash the bios chip, using external programmer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-password-toshiba-satelite-a10-or-a15.76899/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Toshiba satelite C655-S5514 that it keyboard is not responding. At first i thought maybe it was the keyboard that is bad, but when i connected an external usb keyboard it behaved the same. when i press the caps-lock and num-lock keys, their signal light comes but none of the keys are responding.

I don't know whether it is a configuration or software problems. Please help me.

A:Toshiba satelite keyboard not responding

Try tapping F8 after the Toshiba screen (or POST info screen if you turned that off). You should get a menu, if so try Safe Mode and let us know if the keyboard works when that desktop shows up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satelite-keyboard-not-responding.1109403/
Relevancy 64.93%

i have a toshiba satelite a105 laptop that i bought from a friend of mine. problem is that it will not boot. when i try to boot from cd to reinstall operating system (has a virus that causes it to go crazy) and even to the hard drive i get message
pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable
pxe-m0f: existing intel boot agent.
what the heck is going on and how can i fix it?

A:Toshiba satelite a105 will not boot

It sounds as if the BIOS is trying to boot from the network card. You will have to enter the bios and change the order of the boot. Boot from CD should be listed first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satelite-a105-will-not-boot.725788/
Relevancy 64.93%

I use this computer for around 2 years already. but, from 4 months ago, it started to show strange behavior.
For example if I restart it, I have to wait for 5 - 10 minutes after it shut down to boot again.

It's still looking good. However, it was solved using a cooler. If the cooler is plugged, it can be restarted immediately.

However, the problem getting worser now. I can't boot my computer without cooler plugged into the laptop. Anyone know how to solve this?
Thanks....

A:Toshiba Satelite L20 wont boot

where exactly you connect the cooler? in USB connector?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satelite-l20-wont-boot.108130/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have been unable to use my Toshiba Satelite Pro M10 using WiFi in my kitchen. I presumed it was the walls between the Wireless router and the kitchen, however, a friend on mine managed to get a strong signal with his HP laptop.

I then tried a PCMCIA WiFi card in my laptop (assuming the power of the built-in WiFi might be less effective than another card). This card was weaker than the built-in WiFi.

I presume the problem is with the power supplied by the machine (running a Centrino processor). Does anyone have any knowlege on this?

All views/advice highly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satelite-pro-m10-power-of-wifi.249514/
Relevancy 64.93%

hello i have a toshiba satelite that needs to have a reformat and os reinstall. its vista premium snd has a number ov virus on it and keeps locking up. attemepted to do the restore process with the toshiba recovery disk and it will not boot from cd nor lauch or let me even explore cd/dvd any ideas?

A:toshiba satelite reinstall problem

Try to reinstall from the recovery partition with this procedure:

1. Make sure the computer is turned off.
2. Press and hold the 0 (zero) key on your keyboard while powering on the computer. When the computer powers on, the Toshiba Recovery Wizard screen displays.
3. Select one of the options, and then click Next. The options are: Recovery of Factory Default Software (recommended) or Erase the hard disk.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/236944-toshiba-satelite-reinstall-problem.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi my mate asked me to have a look at his Lappy for him as it wont boot Its a Toshiba Satelite L QA My first thought was HDD so i popped it out and plugged it into my desktop but it works fine as a drive problem L300 Satelite up Toshiba start unsure as a boot option though So i stuck it back in and made sure it was connected properly and rebooted Toshiba Satelite L300 start up problem Note - the battery is dead so it has to be plugged into the mains for normal usage Here is what Toshiba Satelite L300 start up problem happens when you turn it on Turn on laptop starts to boot I hear fan and HDD spin up I see Toshiba splash screen then system dies I try to to restart but all lights are dead too so I take battery out then put it back in while still plugged itn the mains and then i have power light and battery charge light again Try to start again but cycle remains the same as above So my mate told me the lappy worked fine plugged into the mains for long enough as the battery has not been able to power it alone for months but just the other day it started to fail to boot I have no idea what it could be Toshiba Satelite L300 start up problem as i did a Google search but didnt find this issue mentioned hence asking here Hope you could maybe shed some light on what or where to start diagnosis p s while i had it in my dektop i copied the whole drive for back up p Regards Lee nbsp

A:Toshiba Satelite L300 start up problem

Windows needs to be re-installed...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satelite-l300-start-up-problem.177960/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello again, knowledgeable people.

My wife's laptop has been a little testy lately and for a while was giving me black screens (cursor was visable and would move but nothing else on the screen). I was finally able to do a checkdisk and it allegedly fixed some problems on the drive. I booted to last known good config and all was going well.

For about a week.

Now I'm back to the black screen. I tried booting into the repair console and that didn't work. Tried safe mode and last known good config and neither of those worked..All bring me back to the black screen.

Anyone help?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480242/black-screen-o-death-on-toshiba-satelite-550/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, I have a TOSHIBA SATELITE C50.In March the disk drive stopped playing and burning. In the properties it says that it is working properly, I have just noticed that it says in March the disk drive has migrated. What does this mean and is this why it is not working?
Cheers

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/disk-drive-not-working-toshiba-satelite-4603437/
Relevancy 64.5%

This laptop is just over year old and was purchased from toshiba on 300 laptop problems screen satelite Circuit city We bought an extended warranty but CC screen problems on toshiba satelite 300 laptop is screen problems on toshiba satelite 300 laptop now bankrupt I saw another post concerning a jumping screen on this same model Ours is doing the same thing The screen does blink and shake It gets a bunch of horizontal lines and screen problems on toshiba satelite 300 laptop goes white and blinks back on in rapid succession If I were to guess I would say it is a connection issue to the monitor or the monitor itself I am an older person I am not a techno-geek but I do build my own desktops mostly so I get what I want However laptops are whole different ballgame We are very frustrated at this point because we feel like we need to solve this ourselves and this laptop is almost new BTW This computer has been flawless up until now We really are pleased with it and hope to resolve this issue I will take the steps noted on the other thread but Any further input would be appreciated Thanks Beach nbsp

A:screen problems on toshiba satelite 300 laptop

Any help out there?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-problems-on-toshiba-satelite-300-laptop.870602/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey there guys I just purchased this laptop from best buy less than days ago and before this started happening I noticed it took forever to shut down so i went back to see if it shut down and then a blue screen came up saying system is shutting down to prevent further damage to system loading A665-S6094 not Satelite Toshiba Then it really Toshiba Satelite A665-S6094 not loading did not shut down and instead kind of restarted or whatever and said could not load system And I have Kaspersky and no virus or anything was on the computer I am just stumped luckily it is on warranty but what do you guys think it is faulty hardware and such I mean now when I turn it on it has kind of a crackling noise sound it kind of reminds me of when my seagate external hard drive made a Toshiba Satelite A665-S6094 not loading noise and could not load and such I can get to the setup page by pressing F but then when I want it to go to the main screen of where you enter password and get to the actual startup it does not even go that far it just hangs Any way it is just frustrating nbsp

A:Toshiba Satelite A665-S6094 not loading

i would not waste a lot of time trying to fix and see if you can get a replacement - I'm UK based so not sure how bestbuy operate -

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satelite-a665-s6094-not-loading.977018/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi newby here to the forums My nephew has a yr old Toshiba satellite pc with windows After clicking the quot ON quot button the pc will only load the TOSHIBA startup screen- over and over I can try F and get options of LAUNCH STARTUP REPAIR recommended START WINDOWS NORMALLY the Startup repair does nothing but load the Toshiba startup screen and to TRY to start normally does the same F - for Safe Mode - does same as above - safe mode with networking on a home network same as above - start with command prompt-- command prompt window does NOT open get this message--- quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change may be the cause of the problem quot clicking F when toshiba first appears on screen does nothing but right back to this message--- quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change may be the cause of the problem quot no matter how I try to boot I get the same window which is the startup window for toshiba -or for a troubleshooting mode goes to the 'windows failed to start normally' message I don't have a start menu or any options because page go Satelite won't Toshiba startup past it will only do one of the above options Can someone tell me if there is some troubleshooting steps to take or is there a hard drive failure Thanks to forums such as this one and geek squad I have always successfully been able to figure out my pc problems but I am at a total blank with this one ---- shutdown last night as usual no errors no msg's No known history of blue screen at all One thing- when I do choose option - quot repair windows Toshiba Satelite won't go past startup page manually quot after clicking F it takes approx minutes to Toshiba Satelite won't go past startup page revert back to the toshiba startup screen Thanks in advance MountainHigh

A:Toshiba Satelite won't go past startup page

Hello and welcome to TSF.

It does sound like the hard drive is on its way out. I recommend backing up any necessary files before we do anything else.

The first thing to do is find out if the hard drive is physically in working condition. Download, burn and run SeaTools for DOS: SeaTools para DOS | Seagate

Burn the CD and boot the laptop from it. Run the long test on the hard drive and hope for the best. Let us know the results.

Best of luck.

Devin

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-satelite-wont-go-past-startup-page-544222.html
Relevancy 64.5%

so i tried to install win xp noto a toshiba satelite l bcuz it wasnot booting up anymore and the win xp is on in bios toshiba l675 satelite cannot access a cd and i have bootable material on my usb jumpdrive and cannot access bios in toshiba satelite l675 the laptop will not even alow me access to the bios anymore i had started to format the partition and had to stop it not even halfway thru and later when i tried to start format again it wasnt moving very much at all i want to access the bios so i can change the boot order to usb so i can go in with spotmau bootsuite usb that i made or just try to use the win usb jumpdrive that i have someone plz help me what should i do everytime i turn it on it only shows the black screen and then a lil blinking cursor and thats all i can push all the buttons i want and if i dont have the cd in the drive it asks me to plz insert the removable bootable material and restart the laptop and boot from the right evice grrrr help me plz

A:cannot access bios in toshiba satelite l675

If you cannot access BIOS at boot by tapping F2 press the Esc key for three seconds when the computer asks you to "Please Insert Bootable Media". Then press F1 when prompted.

http://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?soid=627009

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540310/cannot-access-bios-in-toshiba-satelite-l675/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi i am sadly having a similar problem stuck on start up Satelite page Toshiba to this post Toshiba Satelite won't go past startup page I have a toshiba satelite d running windows home premium service pack I was just sitting on youtube three days ago and all of a sudden it just froze so i just let it sit there then a blue screen popped up with this crazy sound and it did not give me a Toshiba Satelite stuck on start up page chance to read what it said it fastly shut my whole computer down I turned my laptop back on an it got to the windows screen and it just sat there and i could see the symbol loading but it just sat there forever and then it went to a black screen I have not backed up any of my files sadly i'v tried almost everything i went to system rapair it does not work i have no back up start up points and i have tons of important files that i cannot get rid of pictures just everything that i need so i am trying to find a way to not restore it yet Only good thing is that i can get into safe mode i can see all of my files i tried to run my free virus scanner AVG but it doesn't find any viruses so i downloaded the micrsoft saftey scanner and it found viruses i let it do a full scan for hours and then it just stopped right at the end so it was not able to get them off So i have no idea what else to do i just want my files back is there any suggestions or anything i should do please help and thanks for reading

Relevancy 64.5%

cant find drivers for this pc...running xp... have been to toshiba site but cannot find base system device.. ethernet controller... usb controller and vidoe controller.... have tried what is on there site... but not working... any ideas... thanks

A:Solved: toshiba drivers for satelite a45-s150

Did you try here:
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...r=A45-S150&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663
there are several pages......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-drivers-for-satelite-a45-s150.919206/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi folks,

This is my first post over here but it isn't for good reason Unfortunately.

Today I have bought a new Toshiba Satelite A300 1TM.

But It cannot power on.

I am curious if I am the only one I have met with such a problem.

A:Toshiba A300 Satelite cannot power on (first day I bought it)

"Today I have bought a new Toshiba Satelite A300 1TM, but It cannot power on"...

Are you kidding us? Have you plugged in the AC adapter and charged the battery? If so, take it back to where you bought it and have them fix or replace it for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-a300-satelite-cannot-power-on-first-day-i-bought-it.132602/
Relevancy 64.5%

When I hold the 0 down and then tap the power button I get this red box saying the Hard Drive Recovery Process has been selected. I press yes or no or x it and it shuts the computer off. I have removed my password.

A:I can not restore my Toshiba Satelite to factory settings.

Before you set about restoring the Toshiba to factory settings..., have you safeguarded - as in copied - all your personal files off the system? Typically to DVD but an external hard drive too is nice(r)?The factory reset/restore routine will erase "all your personal files" in the process; which is why I suggest you take steps to preserve them first.What model Toshiba do you have?Why the need to go the drastic step of factory reset/restore?This is an earlier post here at CN; note the suggestion to instigate the reset via Windows itself:http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id...This one may be a better method:http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/8606...Did you "ever" make the recovery disk set which Toshiba (and other manufacturers too) advise when you first receive the computer?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/i-can-not-restore-my-toshiba-satelite-to-factory-settings/1953.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Random BSODs in Toshiba satellite l650d running win 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Last one today:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF8800516E1EA
BCP3: FFFFF88006296070
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

A:BSOD random in Toshiba Satelite l650d

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 135, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88008611af0, fffff8800193a490, fffff8a0001f7eb0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgmfx64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgmfx64.sys
Probably caused by : avgmfx64.sys ( avgmfx64+d4a3 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Code:
fffff880`08674af8 fffff880`02c440aaUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avgidsdrivera.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgidsdrivera.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgidsdrivera.sys
avgidsdrivera+0xc0aa
Uninstall AVG completely. Replace it with MSE.

Code:
fffff880`06295f68 fffff880`03e66000Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
atikmpag
Update your ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series video driver using this tool:
Download Drivers

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff96000005ea0, 0, fffff88004113a05, 0}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!CWin32kLocks::Unlock+75 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Driver Reference Table - dxgkrnl.sys

Perform a Windows Update and check for optional updates to install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/321346-bsod-random-toshiba-satelite-l650d.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I am new here running a few things through my laptop and am completely stuck I use a toshiba satelite L -S running Vista SP Noticed recently things have been running slow and getting worse Last week I got frustrated and shut the laptop a bit harder than I should have and now things seem worse Boots are tempermental sometimes internet is non existent I ve noticed quot not responding quot is something I see after a few minutes of browsing etc I have tried a few scans and tried running chkdsk stage and it keeps stalling and I mean STALLING at through stage usually at like I said it stalls for days so I know the s I ve run hijack and attached I d really like to know if I should be checking connections under the quot hood quot or if I m in some software nightmare During repair from windows installation CD I found instances of vundo and removed both can t web browsing Toshiba chkdsk, windows, Satelite Freezing during find it anymore and have cleaned my registry but still not confident that things are clean Any ideas Mod Edit Toshiba Satelite Freezing during chkdsk, windows, web browsing Removed HJT log not permitted used in this forum see No DDS HijackThis or ComboFix Toshiba Satelite Freezing during chkdsk, windows, web browsing logs should be posted in this forum - BleepingComputer com - http www Toshiba Satelite Freezing during chkdsk, windows, web browsing bleepingcomputer com forums forum- announcement- -no-dds-hijackthis-or-combofix-logs-should-be-posted-in-this-forum - Hamluis Any help would be appreciated

A:Toshiba Satelite Freezing during chkdsk, windows, web browsing

Open MSconfig disable everything except your antivirus.If you connect wirelessly then do not disable anything that reads wireless.REoot.You do not need anything other than your AV starting with your machine.http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/index.htmlhttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902unzip Autoruns to your desktop run it.See any entries that read file not found when you see them right click and select delete do this only for the entries that read file not found also uncheck any scheduled task that are set to run on your machine,close the program.After completing the above task then Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exeSave any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!double click on TFC.exe to run it.If TFC doesnt prompt a reboot then please do so manuallyHit start at the lower left hand corner type cmd in the run box and copy and paste the following info chkdsk /r Hit enter it will ask to schedule a check disk on the next reboot hit y type exit then reboot your machine it will take a good while to finish let it be this is normal.You will need to open an elevated command prompt to run CHKDSK /R http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/783-elevated-command-prompt.htmlPlease download MINITOOLBOX and run it. Right Click Run As Adminhttp://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/MiniToolBox.exeCheckmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.Then defrag your machine. http://www.vcsoftwares.com/SpeeDefrag.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454437/toshiba-satelite-freezing-during-chkdsk-windows-web-browsing/
Relevancy 63.64%

I hear a clicking when powering on, clicks about every 2 seconds. I think the HD is dead?

can I get the data off of this? if so, how since I cant boot the hd?

I have a cd here, says windows recovery environment. can that help me? not sure. perhaps I can boot from the cd to get data from the HD? I have no idea. it's a friends computer and IM trying to help them out, help them get the data. thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379966-toshiba-satelite-c855-s5350-no-bootable-device.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Originally was receiving "Operating system not found". Never checked Bios to see is Hard Drive was listed at that time. I replaced the Hard Drive and tried to install XP Professional. Windows set-up says HDD not present, yet it is installed. Checked Bios and no hard drive is listed. Reinstalled the old HDD and checked Bios. Again, no HDD is listed.

Is this a mother board issue or am I missing something??

A:Toshiba Satelite L15-S104 Hard Drive Missing

Is this a SATA drive? In some cases, XP needs drivers to find a SATA drive. (Press F6).
http://jcalcote.wordpress.com/2008/01/05/installing-windows-xp-on-a-sata-drive/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satelite-l15-s104-hard-drive-missing.999921/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have had no luck in finding a service manual or schematic of a Toshiba satelite p15-s420.
i nned it to do a hard drive change, and back up of the old hard drive since the motherboard died.
Can anyone please help me?

Thank you

A:looking for service manual or schematic of a Toshiba satelite p15-s420

you may find something here
http://irisvista.com/tech/index.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-service-manual-or-schematic-of-a-toshiba-satelite-p15-s420.549044/
Relevancy 63.64%

So i have BIOS A8/ problem Satelite reset 120 Tecra Pro Toshiba been Toshiba Tecra A8/ Satelite Pro 120 reset BIOS problem trying to get this Toshiba Tecra A Satellite Pro to boot but when I push power it goes directly to a screen that says quot Password quot and after a few attempts it says Not Certified Shutting down system I opened the laptop up to see if i could find any jumpers to clear CMOS and i found two solder plates and the words RESET above them I shorted the two plates while pushing power and the Toshiba Tecra A8/ Satelite Pro 120 reset BIOS problem boot started but then held up I released the short and the computer began to boot but then went to the normal password screen but this time it said quot ALERT System protection failure Password Toshiba Tecra A8/ Satelite Pro 120 reset BIOS problem quot I am assuming that maybe i cleared the BIOS password but when it starts to boot and sees there is a password on the hard drive it gets confused and sends the error saying the system protection has been tampered with However when i boot without a hard drive it does the same thing Does anybody have any suggestions or previous experience with this message A google search only showed three sites in Spanish with that phrase so i guess its not too common Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Toshiba Tecra A8/ Satelite Pro 120 reset BIOS problem

The only password help available on Techspot is to be found in this thread... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109612.html
Other threads / requests are normally deleted within a short time. Do not be surprised when this one is deleted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-tecra-a8-satelite-pro-120-reset-bios-problem.130971/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello friends I know it has been a while since I posted but we have been very busy moving our shop I have a Toshiba L -S with Phoenix bios v Gb Memory and a gb Hdd With Windows home premium My issue is that when the machine is given the shutdown signal from the menu or the button press it powers down the boots back up The system logs show it getting a sleep signal This is a rd Toshiba Satelite shutdown signal reboots L455 on clean install of Windows however this happens in and as well The bios was upgraded from to the because of this issue before I received the laptop for repair I have looked in the bios and can find nothing to cause this wake on lan ect are disabled I have disabled reboot on error in the advanced system menu to see if it was a blue screen I have gone to Toshiba for answers but they tell Toshiba Satelite L455 reboots on shutdown signal me what I am describing is impossible and yet here we are I even sent them a video but they don't want to deal with an old yet mostly functioning laptop This unit came with Win installed and it was upgraded to by the customer and was fine until he tried to upgrade to at which point the machine reverted half way through the process and became unstable after completely wiping the hard drive with dban the issue persists There is one caveat however Linux mint works flawlessly and shuts down without issue I am stumped anyone have an idea

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/383201-toshiba-satelite-l455-reboots-shutdown-signal.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Please help My computer is running so slow that it takes IE almost HJT log SLOW! included. A215 Satelite Toshiba running mins to load I am a student and I am getting behind due to the constant stalling of my pc Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System smss exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system services exe C Windows system winlogon exe C Windows system lsass exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System Toshiba Satelite A215 running SLOW! HJT log included. svchost Toshiba Satelite A215 running SLOW! HJT log included. exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files Toshiba FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Toshiba TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXE C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Toshiba IVP ISM pinger exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe c Toshiba IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Toshiba TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER TNaviSrv exe C Windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TosCoSrv exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynToshiba exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil c exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system DllHost exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM So... Read more

A:Toshiba Satelite A215 running SLOW! HJT log included.

My pc operating system is Windows Vista. I scanned using avast, but nothing came up. I have 43.7 gigs of hard drive space left, and 1 gig of RAM. If there is anything else you need to know, please post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satelite-a215-running-slow-hjt-log-included.877172/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi can someone please tell me how to fix this.All usb ports don't work anymore.They had worked for year and half and all of a sudden my computer doesn't recognise when a usb is plugged in.I have tried all the fixes online and none seem to work.Getting ready to fix it for good.This has been unusable for weeks.Please help as I have a lot of important files on this laptop.

A:Toshiba Satelite U50D-A Lost all USB ports.Very Frustrated

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... What was your Original OS ? ... I think you should Update your Windows ...

The Model Number of the Laptop you have Posted is incomplete ? ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/376101-toshiba-satelite-u50d-lost-all-usb-ports-very-frustrated.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I went to https://static.techguy.org/downloads/SysInfo.exe to download it, and got this: error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage. Toshiba Satellite C55-AS3000 slow to load webpages with banners and ads.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satelite-slow-to-load-webpages-with-banners-and-ads.1163771/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all,

We bought a Satelite L50-C-1GX this week and the Toshiba Service Station does not work. It opens up fine, but after it's found possible updates and you click 'Install' it just freezes and won't allow itself to be closed by anything but the task manager. Any ideas?

Best,
Linus

A:Toshiba Service Station crashes running on Satelite L50-C-1GX

No one...?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?88807-Toshiba-Service-Station-crashes-running-on-Satelite-L50-C-1GX
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi. We have two toshiba laptops in the house. One is l755-1mu and the other is an l755d-128.

Unfortunately, we did not create recovery discs for the l755-1mu. Would it be possible to use the recovery discs for the l755d-128 on the other model?

If not then we will have to throw the laptop away because toshiba charge extortionate prices for recovery media that should have been provided in the first place.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89757-Can-i-use-recovery-disc-from-another-model-Toshiba-Satelite-L755
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,

can somebody suggest me a proper charger that is strong enough to charge the battery AND keep the notebook simultaneously running WITHOUT damaging it or the batteries? I am done with the original charger. Its simply not strong enough. I need the full name or maybe a link from Amazon for example, if this is allowed. Thanks a lot in advance

A:Good charger for Toshiba Satelite Click Mini?

You cannot buy a faster charger because the 2 amp limit is set by the micro. USB port spec not the charger.

It is important to use the original cable or one designed for charging. If you use an ordinary USB cable, especially a long one, it will charge much slower.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93656-Good-charger-for-Toshiba-Satelite-Click-Mini
Relevancy 63.64%

A full page popped up with a voice that said quot ALERT Your Computer has been hacked Do not do any banking or buying until you call this number and we will fix it quot Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU U GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R Satelite with webpages Toshiba load banners/ads slow HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled Browser IE Tohiba Satellite C -AS I called the number that was on the screen the guy told me my computer had much wrong with it and it was going to cost money to fix it That made me mad I told the guy where he could go and hung Toshiba Satelite slow load webpages with banners/ads up I did a disk cleanup and restarted the computer but it is sluggish My brother who is in IT says he will stop by but never does The problem has been going on for some time - mos Toshiba Satelite slow load webpages with banners/ads I hope the bugs aren t embedded too deeply Webpages with banners and ads are very slow to load Startup seems slow also nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I didnt know if this should be Satelite Toshiba Wifi support Solved: issue. in the Network or Hardware forum but i ll try posting here I have a Toshiba satelite C - H and since i need bluetooth i swapped the Realtek RTL CE wifi adapter for an Intel Centrion Now Solved: Toshiba Satelite Wifi support issue. i have bluetooth working fine but i can t get wifi working drivers installed nicely but i cant switch it on off using Fn F and the intel program that came with the drivers says quot Hardware Radio switch is off quot I tried swapping back for my old wifi card and then magically wifi shows up in the Fn quot Flash Cards quot with no drivers installed for that card or anything but when i use the intel card i have no wifi among the quot Flash Cards quot the F slot for wifi on off isnt there at all Is there any way i can force the wifi switch on i ll even hard wire past it if i have to the latest bios i found for the C is and thats the one i have installed Seems other toshibas had problems with the intel cards they were delivered with and that issue was fixed with a bios update to x I am also curious to know how it detects a wifi card since the wifi switch appears again if i swap back for my old one I ve noticed the intel card has less pins on the mini pci-e connector Maybe i could bridge something to trick it nbsp

A:Solved: Toshiba Satelite Wifi support issue.

I moved your thread from Networking to Hardware. All I know about installing a different integrated wireless adapter into a laptop is that often it won't even boot with the "foreign" hardware, sometimes works OK, and may give mixed results (as you are getting).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-satelite-wifi-support-issue.1027225/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi
I have recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my Toshiba Satelite A100-233. Everything is working perfectly except my keyboard. The "page up", "home", "insert", "PrntScn" and most importantly the "delete" buttons doesn't work. The @ and " has also been switched around. There are no windows 7 drivers for my laptop on the toshiba website. Does anybody have a solution? I would really appreciate it!

A:Keyboard non funcioning keys Toshiba Satelite A100-233

Quote: Originally Posted by 15038211

Hi
I have recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my Toshiba Satelite A100-233. Everything is working perfectly except my keyboard. The "page up", "home", "insert", "PrntScn" and most importantly the "delete" buttons doesn't work. The @ and " has also been switched around. There are no windows 7 drivers for my laptop on the toshiba website. Does anybody have a solution? I would really appreciate it!

Use the vista drivers and install them in compatibility mode

Compat mode---right click the installer>properties>compatibility mode>vista

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/75748-keyboard-non-funcioning-keys-toshiba-satelite-a100-233-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

So I have a Toshiba Satellite L300, 2Ghz Dual Core, 2Gb Ram, yet my video capacity looks like this:
Is there something I can do about this? I tried finding some "Advanced Chipset Features" or "VGA Memory Size" section in BIOS but there was none. I can't even play right the crappy Counter Strike game. This is terrible!

A:Enhancing Video Memory on a Laptop (Toshiba S L300)

What you are seeing is typical for laptop video. Laptops are not game machines and nothing you can do will make it so. But I doubt that memory is the issue here but the low performance of the video system. High performance video, a requirement for many modern games, are contrary to the priorities of laptop design. The priorities are low weight and power consumption. High performance means greater power consumption and more heat. In a laptop with components confined to a small space with limited cooling facilities that is a serious problem. Laptops tend to run hot as it is.

OEM computers in general and laptops in particular tend not to have advanced BIOS settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/294348-enhancing-video-memory-laptop-toshiba-s-l300.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I want to change my dedicated video memory because in my laptop total available graphic memory is 762MB, but to dedicated video memory just 64 MB and in shared system memory 698MB. like that, maybe I can change the dedicated video memory until 128MB or anything. I hope anyone to help me to solve this problem. thanks...

A:change dedicated video memory on TOSHIBA L645

I know with a PCI-e card you can't change the dedicated memory because thats whats installed on the card.

With integrated graphics you can dedicate some system memory for use by the Graphics card in the BIOS, if it's there, but this will take from the rest of your system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/212381-change-dedicated-video-memory-toshiba-l645.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I updated my Satelite C50D-A laptop to Windows 10 which works great.
However when I try to check Toshiba PC Health Monitor within the hidden icons there is a small dialogue box which pops up that says "Can't get the Bios type" and the application goes no further.

Is there a fix for this to make Health monitor work again?

Regards
Roger

A:Satelite C50D-A - Toshiba PC Health Monitor - Can't get Bios type

Hi

Did you update the Toshiba software after the Win10 upgrade?
http://win10upgrade.toshiba.com/swup...spx?region=TEG

The Toshiba Health Monitor as well as other software like TOSHIBA System Driver should be updated to Win 10 compatible version

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84575-Satelite-C50D-A-Toshiba-PC-Health-Monitor-Can-t-get-Bios-type
Relevancy 63.21%

my problem happens when i' closing the screen and the notebook enter to sleep mode, after opening the screen again it's wake up but with color problems, can't see nothing and it's all in green crap color...
what can it be? any ideas how to solve it?
thanks.

A:toshiba satelite x205-sli5,sleep mode problem.

Hey, there is a Bios update to version 2.50 this may help you, says in the notes something about screen blanking

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...hdmfejcgfkceghdgngdgmn.0&ct=DL&all_docs=false

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satelite-x205-sli5-sleep-mode-problem.727874/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi

I have bought Toshiba Satelite L305-S5933 , Vista based system recently and tried downgrading it to XP Professional. I got most of the drivers of xp from Toshiba support site.

Initially, everything went good and i had the xp running just fine. After i have installed xp sp3 and few other cisco vpn software. Something went wrong and the task bar (start button and clock area) is gone. Even the number of processes that starts are just 15 /16.

I got an error of cisco vpn install that some RPC server can not be connected. I am trying to uninstall the vpn software , but windows give me error message that "windows installer is not accessable"

I have also tried uninstalling xp sp3 , but getting the same error. Any software that now uses the windows installer is giving me error at installation and uninstallation.

Can some one please help me identifying how to fix it.

Thanks in Advance

A:Downgrade Vista to XP Prof problem ( Toshiba satelite L305-S5933

Sounds like a dodgy xp installation. You can try something like ERD commander to search for corrupted or missing windows files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downgrade-vista-to-xp-prof-problem-toshiba-satelite-l305-s5933-349523.html
Relevancy 61.92%

we have windows of a new hp pc prodesk g mt business pc we cannot identify the problem we used the after is slowly week is increasing Slow Memory memory 90% leak 1 hp drivers software and fully updated windows and the latest drivers Please recommend troubleshooting steps what is causing the problem Code C Windows System drivers gt findstr l m Thre sys ohci sys Slow Memory leak memory is increasing slowly after 1 week is 90% acpi sys afd sys AGP sys ahcache sys akshasp sys akshhl sys aksusb sys amdk sys amdppm sys amdxata sys appid sys arcsas sys asyncmac sys ataport sys BasicDisplay sys BasicRender sys battc sys bowser sys bridge sys BtaMPM sys bxvbda sys cdfs sys cdrom sys CEA sys Classpnp sys clfs sys cng sys cnghwassist sys condrv sys csc sys dam sys dfsc sys dmvsc sys dxgkrnl sys dxgmms sys dxgmms sys EhStorClass sys EhStorTcgDrv sys evbda sys exfat sys fastfat sys fdc sys fileinfo sys flpydisk sys fltMgr sys fsdepends sys fvevol sys FWPKCLNT SYS GAGP KX sys hdaudbus sys hidbatt sys hidclass sys http sys hvsocket sys i prt sys iaLPSSi I C sys iaStorA sys iaStorAV sys iaStorB sys iaStorS sys iaStorV sys ibbus sys igdkmd sys IntcDAud sys intelppm sys ipfltdrv sys IPMIDrv sys irda sys irenum sys kbdhid sys kdnic sys ks sys ksecdd sys lltdio sys luafv sys mlx bus sys mmcss sys modem sys mountmgr sys mpsdrv sys mrxdav sys mrxsmb sys mrxsmb sys mrxsmb sys msfs sys msgpioclx sys msiscsi sys mslldp sys msrpc sys mup sys ndis sys NdisImPlatform sys ndisuio sys Ndu sys netbt sys netio sys npfs sys nsiproxy sys ntfs sys nvhda v sys nvlddmkm sys nvraid sys nvstor sys nvvad v sys NV AGP SYS parport sys pci sys pcw sys pdc sys portcls sys processr sys PROCEXP SYS PROCMON SYS qwavedrv sys rasacd sys raspptp sys rccfg sys rcraid sys rdbss sys rdpdr sys rdyboost sys refsv sys rmcast sys rspndr sys RTKVHD sys sdbus sys sdport sys sdstor sys ser pl sys serenum sys serial sys sermouse sys Smb driver AMDASF Aux sys Smb driver Intel sys Smb driver Intel Aux sys spaceport sys srv sys srv sys srvnet sys storahci sys storport sys storqosflt sys stream sys Synth dVsc sys SynTP sys tcpip sys tdx sys TeeDriverW x sys terminpt sys tpm sys tunnel sys UAGP sys UcmUcsi sys Ucx sys udfs sys ufxsynopsys sys ULIAGPKX SYS urssynopsys sys USBCAMD sys usbccgp sys usbhub sys USBHUB SYS usbport sys USBSTOR SYS USBXHCI SYS VerifierExt sys vhdmp sys videoprt sys vmbkmcl sys vmbus sys volmgrx sys volsnap sys wacompen sys wanarp sys watchdog sys Wdf sys WdFilter sys WdfLdr sys WdNisDrv sys werkernel sys wfplwfs sys WindowsTrustedRT sys winhv sys wof sys ws ifsl sys WUDFPf sys WUDFRd sys xboxgip sys C Windows System drivers gt also C Windows System drivers gt findstr l m Proc sys ohci sys acpi sys acpiex sys acpipagr sys adp xx sys afd sys agilevpn sys ahcache sys aksdf sys amdk sys amdppm sys appid sys arcsas sys asyncmac sys ataport sys BasicRender sys bowser sys bridge sys bxvbda sys capimg sys cdfs sys cdrom sys CEA sys Classpnp sys clfs sys ClipSp sys cng sys cnghwassist sys condrv sys crashdmp sys csc sys dam sys devauthe sys dfsc sys drmk sys Dumpata sys dumpsd sys dxgkrnl sys dxgmms sys dxgmms sys EhStorClass sys evbda sys exfat sys fastfat sys fdc sys fileinfo sys filetrace sys fltMgr sys fsdepends sys fvevol sys FWPKCLNT SYS GAGP KX sys hardlock sys hdaudbus sys hidclass sys hidinterrupt sys http sys hvsocket sys hyperkbd sys i prt sys iai c sys iaLPSS i I C sys iaLPSSi I C sys iaStorA sys iaStorAV sys iaStorB sys iaStorS sys iaStorV sys ibbus sys igdkmd sys IntcDAud sys intelpep sys intelppm sys IOMap sys ioqos sys IPMIDrv sys ipnat sys ks sys ksecdd sys ksecpkg sys ksthunk sys luafv sys MaXTeDrv sys mlx bus sys mmcss sys modem sys mpsdrv sys mrxdav sys mrxsmb sys mrxsmb sys mrxsmb sys msfs sys msgpioclx sys msiscsi sys msrpc sys ndis sys NdisImPlatform sys ndisuio sys ndiswan sys Ndu sys netbios sys netbt sys netio sys npfs sys nsiproxy sys ntfs sys nvhda v sys nvlddmkm sys nvraid sys NV AGP SYS pacer sys parport sys partmgr sys pci sys pciidex sys pcmcia... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/48651-slow-memory-leak-memory-increasing-slowly-after-1-week-90-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I replaced the original 4 gb memory card by a double 8 gb.

Before this, I checked the size limit. I found that max is 16, good:
http://www.cnet.com/products/toshiba...ite-c75/specs/

Bios is 1.30, the last as I know, and only 8 is detected by the Bios.

I crossed the two memory slot, and still getting 8.

I left only one, still 8. Exchanged with the other 8, still 8...

Please help.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93783-Satelite-C75-A-10E-Memory-upgrade-4gb-gt-to-2x8-gb-not-detected
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm have a Compaq Presario 2596US notebook running Windows XP.

It uses DDR333 pc2700 sodimm. I had a 256mb and a 512mb chip installed, and had 768 total ram. I ordered a 1gb chip (transcend, from newegg), and the laptop won't recognize it.

I've tried running the 512 and the 1gb chip, the 256 and the 1gb chip, and the 1gb chip alone. With either of the smaller chips installed plus the 1gb chip, the system memory is equal to the smaller chip. With just the 1gb chip installed (tried both sockets), the laptop won't boot.... just spins out on the 'ol black screen of death...

Max memory for this computer is listed at 1024 mb - is there any way to increase that?

Why won't the new 1gb chip work by itself? Is each socket limited to 512mb? Any way to change that?

Relevancy 57.62%

Open capacity on my computer is down to 12%. Total capacity is 14.0gb. I have done all of the basic actions like checkdisk and defrag. Also eliminated many files and applications I no longer use. There is not much left on the C:drive to cause that usage to be so high. Eliminated all anti-virus and firewall. The biggest memory users I have now are Microsoft Office products and AOL. What else can I do to clean up the C:drive from memory usage?

Relevancy 57.19%

can someone help me here i was fixing my friend computer because he had a virus and since i had no option but to restore his toshiba the same way i did to my VAIO , Deleting everything in the harddrive i did it. and I din't mess with anything else and now i am getting an error satying"PXE-E61 Media Test Failure, Check Cable"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satelite-pxe-e61-media-test-failure-check-cable.973851/
Relevancy 57.19%

My Toshiba satellite c650d seems to have power...the on button is green. The screen is black, the numbers and caps lock lights are on and wont go off. The disk drive makes the usual booting up noise but that is all she does. Ive unplugged and removed the battery and that did nothing. I cant even turn it off with the on/off button to remove that battery and then turn it on again. I removed and reinserted the memory (both) and I can't take the hard drive out, its held in by a screw. Is my "friend" dead?

A:toshiba satelite c650d caps lock light, number lock is on an

If, as it sounds, it is booting up but not ever displaying anything on the screen, check the cable between the motherboard and the screen. It might just be one of the connectors (at either end) has worked loose. With the computer well booted up, move the screen gently down to nearly closed. If you ever see anything on the screen then it could be the cable is faulty where it hinges.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/toshiba-satelite-c650d-caps-lock-light-number-lock-is-on-an/1496.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a Toshiba Satellite says L on Vista 64bit Vista with freezing/not Satelite responding Toshiba the bottom with Windows Vista I Toshiba Satelite with Vista freezing/not responding 64bit Vista don't have a boot CD or Windows Vista CD on me Basically once I start up the computer from about - minutes either the browser I'm on will freeze or the tool bar or pretty much whatever I'm doing freezes Music from itunes doesn't seem to stop playing though Once one of those things stops responding if I am able to get back to the desktop pretty much nothing works Ctrl-alt-delete takes me to the window in order to choose task manager only sometimes other times it just goes to a black screen where I can only move the mouse but if I do click 'Task Manager' it'll take me back to my desktop but the task manager will never actually show up The mouse cursor never stops functioning though If anyone could help that would be awesomeee lol In addition when I created the arc file gmer already told me that nothing had been modified and when I look at the txt file I created it appears to be empty so I'm not sure if I did that part right or not Anyways here's the DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSX Run by Nick at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system agr svc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFProcSRVC exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER TNaviSrv exe C Windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TosCoSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SMARTLogService TosIPCSrv exe C Program Files x Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SmartFaceV SmartFaceVWatchSrv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows RAVCpl exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files ltmoh ltmoh exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files x Winamp winampa exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint x SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Windows system wbem WMIADAP EXE C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Win... Read more

A:Toshiba Satelite with Vista freezing/not responding 64bit Vista

Anyone? lol

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/toshiba-satelite-with-vista-freezing-not-responding-64bit-vista-437986.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have Windows XP Pro, SP2 installed on a Dell Inspiron 8100 notebook (866mHz). I have a 60G hard drive, but only 256MB of memory.

I often receive messages about low virtual memory. How can I increase memory on my system without adding more memory? I know memory is cheap, but I have not run into any for my particular notebook.

My paging file is currently set at 768MB. Are any other settings available to increase the speed of my computer?

Thanks!

Joseph

A:Increasing Virtual Memory

Go to start/My Computer/Right click on it and pick properties/click on the advanced tab/ click on the settings button in Virtual Settings/click advanced tab/click change button in the virtual memory section/set to custom size and increase initial and maximum to above 768/click set/okay out of all boxes back to desktop.

Remember Virtual memory uses HDD space and is MUCH slower than RAM so this is only a temporary fix and won't help if you have a full HDD already. My suggestion is look for and buy more ram.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increasing-virtual-memory.433437/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello!  My work PC running Windows 7 Pro is reporting the main drive is almost at capacity.  This machine has close to 1 Tb of memory and I am currently showing 12G "Free"

Even after running dick cleanup (which reported close to 8G of freeable space) the total "Used" increased instead of decreasing.

Please help and thanks in advance.

A:PC Memory constantly increasing

It could be that you've got hidden files in your partition. You've gotta clean it up. Just don't know how.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586090/pc-memory-constantly-increasing/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello,I'm running Windowns 7 home premium 64 bit version.Yesterday my laptop started slowing down to the point that I couldn't watch videos anymore. When I checked ...Task Manager -> Processes... I noticed that the memory of explorer.exe kept increasing. Today it happened again and I noticed the same thing happening with google chrome and Skype.Right now I have google chrome running and AVG scanning and I'm on 56% with 6 GB RAM.(I read something about Virut being a possibility. AVG found nothing but there's an AVG Virut removing program running right now just to be sure.)Do you guys know what's up? Or how I can figure out what is going on? What do you need?I appreciate your help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522768/process-memory-keeps-increasing/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have 2Gb RAM and 128MB onboard VGA Intel® 82945G Express Chipset (XP).

Ive read that this 128mb could be increased, if so how could this be done.
will this process improve gaming (as in , could it make alot of difference)?
Is this harmful?

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi guys,

I have an asus k550 ldv and its configurations are as follows:-
Processor: i7 2.7Ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 820M 2gb
Ram: 4gb ddr3l 1600Mhz
Hard-disk: 1Tb
Expandability: 1 ram slot(upto 4gb)

My question is, firstly, if i need to put 4 gb ddr3 or ddr3l in the extra slot, and secondly, can i put 4 gb in the extra slot and then somehow dedicate 2gb of it to the graphics card, thus getting a configuration of ram:6gb and graphics:4gb.

I would appreciate a helpful reply to my query.

Thanks

A:increasing graphics memory

You can't, the video memory is dedicated not shared on the 820M, further there is no point as the 820M is an entry level GPU and doesn't need 2GB of RAM let alone more.

If you go to a site such as Crucial.com you can see and buy the exact compatible RAM for the laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increasing-graphics-memory.1145492/
Relevancy 56.76%

Talking about total memory capacity (not RAM).

Is there any way to add some good sized memory (250gb-1tb) to my current c: drive without buying a totally new hd?

Im thinking that is most likely not probable, so is there a way of adding a new drive that boots with the computer? (any recommendations of brands? aiming for 500gb, maybe up to 1tb or a bit higher depending on price)

I have an external HD, but would prefer an internal if possible.

Relevancy 56.76%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III processor, x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 382 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation), 32 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 19069 MB, Free - 3449 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Computer Corporation, OptiPlex GX110
Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

I would like to know what is the best combination of DIMM'S I should get to increase my RAM to the max of 512MB. My computer originally had one 256MB module and I added a 128MB module from another Dell gx110. I thank you for any help with this project. Aspar

Relevancy 56.76%

I have a user running a laptop with Windows XP 2.00 Ghz 1GB RAM. He run very large Excel spreadsheets that users 100 % of his processor. When looking at his processes in task manager, the Excel program uses about 165 MB of memory. Unfortunately, he cannont run any other excel files while this program is doing its calculations. Is there a way to allow Excel to use more memory that is available in the system? We have played around with the virtual memory settings but this did not help out this situation.

Relevancy 56.33%

I have Windows XP Pro, SP2 installed on a Dell Inspiron 8100 notebook (866mHz). I have a 60G hard drive, but only 256MB of memory.

I often receive messages about low virtual memory. How can I increase memory on my system without adding more memory? I know memory is cheap, but I have not run into any for my particular notebook.

My paging file is currently set at 768MB. Are any other settings available to increase the speed of my computer?

Thanks!

Joseph

A:[SOLVED] Increasing Virtual Memory

Your page file is your virtual memory. If you want to increase you virtual memory just increase the size of your page file.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-increasing-virtual-memory-85243.html
Relevancy 56.33%

New to the forum, just purchased a cpu with windows 7. Wanted to increase virtual memory but didn't know how much I should increase it by. I have 8GB of ram and all that is allocated in virtual memory is 8183MB. I can increase it to 880,474MB didn't know how much I should increase it to? Any suggestions?

Thx
Kaner65

A:increasing virtual memory in windows 7

Let Windows manage virtual memory...

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/45368-increasing-virtual-memory-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey guys.
I know how to increase the virtual memory of a drive(Control Panel\System\Advanced\Performance - Settings\Advanced\Virtual Memory - Change)
But the thing is in what drive do i allot this excess memory? I heard that you should do it only on drive C. But what if my game is on drive D? should i give Drive D a large amount of memory?

And in the case of appointing a large amount of Virtual Memory to one drive, can i leave the other one with only 1GB(or maybe 2GB) ram?

Thank you.

A:[SOLVED] Increasing Virtual Memory.....But where?

Virtual memory is a resource that applies to the system as a whole not to a specific drives. You can move/set the location of the pagefile if you wanted to.

In almost all cases it's best to allow Windows to manage virtual memory.

What issue are you having?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-increasing-virtual-memory-but-where-577828.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all I hope this is right forum for this question I have an old pc that I am trying to keep running until I can afford better It s running WindowsXP Home g mem and a GeForce FX video card with mb memory I m finding that when playing games World of Warcraft in particular Question Memory Virtual Increasing I m running out of memory and locking up as a result Can virtual memory be used to help supplement the video memory Currently under virtual memory it says Custom Size Space Available mb Initial size mb Maximum size mb Total paging file size for all drives Minimum allowed mb Recommended mb Currently allocated mb Can I increase the amount of memory that Windows will use for virtual memory and will it help make up for a shortage of video memory Increasing Virtual Memory Question If it will help which values should I change Initial Maximum or both and to what values Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated though I suspect I might be fighting for a lost cause Thanks in advance

A:Increasing Virtual Memory Question

I had the same question/issue a little while ago. The consensus was that it's not possible to use Virtual Memory to extend your video memory.

I'm a little confused as to the error you're getting, though. According to the good people at Blizzard, WOW should run fine with the amount of video memory you currently have. Can you give some more details as to the error(s) you're getting?

I mean, your card has 256MB of video RAM, right? 256MB is actually quite good for video cards (though certainly not top-of-the-line.) For example, my video card (an ATI Radeon x300) has only 128MB but runs most games just fine (though I've never tried WoW on it).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/143039/increasing-virtual-memory-question/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi guys Well the other day I reinstalled Linux Mint via Windows installer which is now un-installed by the way due to issues What happened on the Linux Mint distro was a warning message coming up saying that my computer had limited memory Additionally every now and then on Junk and Memory Increasing Out Clearing The Help my Help Increasing Memory and Clearing Out The Junk Windows OS a message about how much CPU and Memory I currently have on my comp keeps coming up I have performed a disk clean up and de-fragmentation but still got the message I have since got WinDirStat thanks to Infinite mentioning that link in his Ultimate guide I have also analysed my comp with that program but have no idea what to do at this point I don't want to delete anything I shouldn't Furthermore an Ubuntu OS still keeps appearing on my hard drive even though un-installed and deleted from the boot menu I will try again installing Ubuntu via the windows installer but now I just want to start all over fresh again I do not want to have to do a complete re-installation again lol So if anyone could help me with this I'd be very grateful Thanks

A:Help Increasing Memory and Clearing Out The Junk

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528274/help-increasing-memory-and-clearing-out-the-junk/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have got a windows 7 home basic 64bits laptop with 4gb ram. At windows startup my ram usage is around 30%..and it remains so even if my laptop remains idle for an hour or so...but as soon as i open windows explorer or my computer,my ram usage starts increasing and even after closing windows explorer it goes on increasing till 85 to 90%.....but if after startup i run my antivirus scan or open my web browser it increases to around 40% and goes down on closing these..and starts shoot up again on opening windows explore...well i did run kaspersky pure 3.0,malwarebyteand housecall scan but to no result....i really need a solution to this as all i can do is run any application that does not require opening of windows explorer

A:Memory usage constantly increasing

This could be a memory leak.  

Use the Task Manager to see what programs are using your hdd.

1)  Right click on the Taskbar to open the Task Manager.

2)  Click on the Performance tab.

3)  Click on the Resource Monitor button, then click on the Disk tab.

4)  When the Process with Disk Activity opens you will be able to see which programs are accessing your hdd.  Watch to see if there is a process whose usage increases.  If you find one, post it back here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520810/memory-usage-constantly-increasing/
Relevancy 56.33%

I had downloaded GT RACING 2 in my phone.But due to internet issue,it couldn't download fully ,so i had to cancel it. Now,the problem is it has taken the space of 970 Mb odd from phone memory ,which is a waste of memory.i want to use that space as well. Please help me delete it.

A:increasing spave available in phone memory

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I had downloaded GT RACING 2 in my phone.But due to internet issue,it couldn't download fully ,so i had to cancel it. Now,the problem is it has taken the space of 970 Mb odd from phone memory ,which is a waste of memory.i want to use that space as well. Please help me delete it. the device will clear it out own its own, or you can soft reset.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439761-increasing-spave-available-phone-memory.html
Relevancy 56.33%

HiMy name is Ant , Memory Iexplore.exe, Usage > Increasing, Cpu for short I encounter this problem where the iexplore exe in the task manager was increasing taking up the memory and the cpu usage How > Iexplore.exe, Cpu , Memory Usage Increasing, I solved this problem last time was to restore the computer back to its factory settings and never used internet explore I used firefox until somebody ran internet explore and there came the iexplore exe again To control the problem as a quick fix solution I ended the process iexplore exe in the task manager but it keeps reappearing I searched the websites and found this one After running ad-aware avast anti-virus and search and destroy bot I found this post http www bleepingcomputer com forums lof php t htmlIt describes the same problem I had but the solution was to delete files in my hijackthis log didn t contain those files Here is the hijackthis logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS Explorer exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS wanmpsvc exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS Dit exeC Program Files Medion PowerCinema My TV Agent exeC Program Files Classic PhoneTools CapFax EXEC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeC WINDOWS System LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXEC Program Files Microsoft Works MSWorks exeC WINDOWS msagent AgentSvr exeC Documents and Settings anthony Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www aldi co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe WINDIR ntvdm exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initializeO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run Dit Dit exeO -... Read more

A:> Iexplore.exe, Cpu , Memory Usage Increasing,

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum AnthonyFormelaMy name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Turn off Logitech Desktop Messenger.This program is not required to start automatically as you can run it when you need to. It is advised that you disable it so that it does not take up necessary system resources.Go to Start>All Programs>Logitech,click on Desktop Messenger. There are two check boxes which are self descriptive. You can choose to disable either or both check boxes.Your version of Sun Java is out of date.Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.Please follow these steps to remove older versions of Sun Java,and then update.1. Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE)2. Scroll down to where it says 'Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 update 4'.3. Click the "Download" button to the right.4. Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".5. The page will refresh.6. Click on the link to download 'Windows Offline Installation jre-6u4-windows-i586-p.exe' [15.12 MB] and save to your desktop.7. Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.8. Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.9. Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.10. Click the Change/Remove button.11. Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.12. Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.13. Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u4-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.Please disable Spybot S&D?s protection,or it will interfere.You can enable it after you're clean.Open Spybot and click on 'Mode' and check 'Advanced Mode'.Click on 'Tools' in bottom left hand corner.Click on the 'System Startup' icon.Uncheck 'Teatimer' box and/or uncheck 'Resident'.Click the 'Allow Change' box.Then, check next to the computer clock to see if the icon for Spybot is still there.If it is, right click it and choose 'exit Spybot-S&D Resident'.Restart the computer.If you find you're experiencing problems disabling Spybot's Tea-Timer,follow the info in the link below:http://www.russelltexas.com/malware/teatimer.htmDownload Deljob.exe and save it on your desktop.Double click on Deljob.exe.A log,(logit.txt) should open afterwards. This log will be present on your desktop.Post the contents of the logfile into your next reply.If you have previously downloaded ComboFix,please delete that version now.WarningYou should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert,NOT for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could render your system/pc inoperable.Now download Combofix by sUBs and save to your desktop.Alternative Combofix download link HERE.Note It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers.Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.NoteIn case your Antivirus or any other realtime scanner is displaying an alert after you downloaded Combofix or while you use Combofix,please disable your scanner and redownload Combofix again.Some scanners may see some combofix related components as suspicious and block or delete them while there's nothing wrong with them.Also post a new Hijackthis log please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126653/iexploreexe-cpu-memory-usage-increasing/
Relevancy 56.33%

After opening my resource monitor just after a reboot I show almost all non-used memory as quot free quot and very little as standby If I sit there and watch it standby steadily Steadily Memory Standby Increasing grows as free diminishes until there is very little free memory left I realize that in theory standby memory will be released when more is needed however for some applications this does not appear to be the case Not sure if specifics matter but I'm using an editor and a graphics enhancer for an old game quot Morrowind quot Standby Memory Steadily Increasing but the graphics enhancer is relatively new When running these programs though not the game itself when free space runs out but there is still loads of standby available the programs crash and windows does not reallocate from standby to free I tried disabling Superfetch but this did nothing The standby memory still steadily increases the longer the machine is on making these programs only useable for a limited time after a reboot Is there a way to completely disable standby memory allocation I really only use this computer for playing editing games and browsing the internet I have a separate computer for work and practical purposes If it were totally turned off would this make it impossible to put the computer to quot sleep quot

A:Standby Memory Steadily Increasing

Standby memory is in use but can be quickly reassigned as needed. A high value for this is a good thing. Free memory is doing nothing and this value should be low. The ideal would be zero all the time but computer science hasn't reached that level yet.

When an application or system process needs memory the memory manager first looks to the free list. When this cannot meet the need the memory manager goes to the standby list.

It is not possible to disable the standby list. If this were somehow done it would have a serious negative impact on performance.

Sorry I don't have a solution for your problem. But I do think you are looking in the wrong place.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/standby-memory-steadily-increasing-577989.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,
I've an Intel Celeron 1.7 GHz with Intel 845 GL based ASUS M/B,256 MB RAM and Windows 98 Second edition installed.

Now the i845GL chipset provides for 8 MB shared graphics memory.

Is it possible to increase the shared memory since I've lots of RAM?

Thanks.

Relevancy 56.33%

I leave my computer on nearly all the time, when I am not using it, Outlook Express is the only application I have running. Mostly the monitor is turned off, unless I am only to be away for short peroids. I notice quite often, when I "wake it up" there is a message that I was low on virtual memory and they are increasing it. Why would this be?

I have the following memory....
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 204.89 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Also what folder should screensavers be in? I have quite a selection and they are in several different folders, some are duplicates. I would like to get rid of the ones that are not needed. They are in the following folders
C:Windows, Windows\servicepackfiles\i386, Windows\system32, Program files\screensavers and C:i386

Thanks for your help

Relevancy 56.33%

hello everyone i want to increase virtual memory windows 7 i have 64GB with of Ram in my computer what should i change to... anyone help, thanks i have attached a screenshot of my virtual memory,

A:Help increasing virtual memory windows 7

Hi Sangar, Welcome to Seven forums.

Did you get any errors saying that you need to increase the virtual memory or you just want to increase it?

You can check out this article. Maybe of some help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/329895-help-increasing-virtual-memory-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

I'm a noob in this processes and services thing. But recently, I realised my laptop is getting hotter and the fan is running non-stop.

When I check my processes, 1 of the svchost.exe is running at more than 129,500K is it keeps increasing. I realised that even when I startup my laptop for a while and don't open anything its already using a lot of memory. I believe that the increase in temperature of my laptop may be the problem of the svchost.eve.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the memory of the svchost.exe?
I want to close some services under this process but I'm not sure what to close.

I've attached the printscreen of the svchost.exe process the services under the svchost.eve.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/svchost-exe-using-129-500k-memory-and-keeps-increasing.1068812/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Everyone I've been searching as much as i could here and there on the internet without any luck so i'm giving it a chance here if someone has an idea how to troubleshoot investigate this I'm Running Windows Update Enterprise custom built machine I K gb ram Samsung evo pro gb ssd x gtx sli the installation was done around constantly memory Pool increasing Paged end of january i don't have much running on that computer but games i have another system for work The issue i have is the Paged Pool memory after system is up is at roughly mb but keep increasing around - mb per sec and never stops after roughly h uptime i'm already at Paged Pool memory constantly increasing gb after Paged Pool memory constantly increasing day uptime yesterday i was at gb The non-paged pool is however never an issue and sits between mb and mb i would say normal values i've read about disabling NDU disabling killer networks application my network driver and many other things but Paged Pool memory constantly increasing so far still no luck i'm willing to run any kind of software or give any traces my main issue right now is how to find what is causing this i believe there is a memory leak somewhere but i have no idea clues how to trace it down Many thanks for your time and help cheers BuG

A:Paged Pool memory constantly increasing

Hello BuG,

With 32 GB of RAM installed, it's not unusual for your page file to get just as large.

If you like, you could use step 11 in the tutorial below to specify a minimum and maximum page file size for your C: drive to prevent it from getting larger on it's own. If you get a low memory or out of memory error afterwards while running Windows, then it means that you will need to increase the size of the page file until you stop getting the error.

If you have plenty of hard drive space, then it is recommended to leave the page file to be system managed though.

Virtual Memory Paging File - Change

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/45714-paged-pool-memory-constantly-increasing.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello I'm experiencing an ever increasing memory usage for iexplore exe on the quot processes quot tab on manager It's gets up to about K I've followed the suggestions in - Memory Ever Increasing Newbie Usage Iexplore.exe the pinned tutorial for steps prior to posting my HJT log Spybot Cleanup of temp files adware scan I'm also running Trend Micro I've done all I can with my limited knowledge so I'm Newbie - Ever Increasing Iexplore.exe Memory Usage posting my HTJ Any help would be greatly appreciated ThanksJoelLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Digidesign Drivers MMERefresh exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PccGuide exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC Program Files Apoint HidFind exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run... Read more

A:Newbie - Ever Increasing Iexplore.exe Memory Usage

to BleepingComputer.comMy name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)I want to apologise that it has taken so long to get back to you. We on the HJT Team are working as fast as possible to get your log answered.If you would still like help, please post a new HiJack This log below, as things may have changed on your system.If you do not still need help, please let me know, so that I can move on to other users who still need help.Please take note of the following:While a HJT Team member is working with you, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164693/newbie-ever-increasing-iexploreexe-memory-usage/