Windows Support Forum

BSOD/Freeze/GPU Driver crash when playing games

Q: BSOD/Freeze/GPU Driver crash when playing games

Just got a new PC and I'm experiencing BSODs while playing games (generally high end games). Sometimes there is no BSOD and the game just crashes, or the GPU driver stops responding and recovers.
I tried everything I thought of, that is clean install of GPU drivers, updated all other drivers and even a Windows format, but the problem still persists. Attached please find the latest dump files and a DxDiag system specs file.

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD/Freeze/GPU Driver crash when playing games

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD/Freeze/GPU Driver crash when playing games

Can you return the PC to who you bought it from to be fixed? A Windows Defender file is being flagged as a problem. Are you running another 3rd party antivirus program?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-freeze-gpu-driver-crash-when-playing-games.207105/
Relevancy 106.64%

when ever i play wow or any games my computer seems to not like it but when i m just on facebook or i m listening to music on itunes it seems to be fine my graphics driver is up to date also when i start my computer up sometimes comes up with DRIVER IRQL please!!! help playing when Crash/freeze/BSOD games NOT LESS OR EQUAL then it Crash/freeze/BSOD when playing games help please!!! sometimes wont start up for awhile and the Crash/freeze/BSOD when playing games help please!!! cpu fan wont even start but i think i can hear the Gcard fan going faster then drop and speed then Crash/freeze/BSOD when playing games help please!!! speed up again and i will have to wait like mins then come to try again to start it up but it would only crash again on games when i open debug my Dmp it says at the end that hardware was the cause but im not sure what hardware it is i might be my graphics card but im not sure thanks OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A XTD EVO Rev X X MT K Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Crash/freeze/BSOD when playing games help please!!!

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crash-freeze-bsod-when-playing-games-help-please.977831/
Relevancy 89.01%

My PC crash/freeze from a long time now...i tryied everything i could do this is what i did to fix my problems but failed:
1:reinstall my pc
2:RegCure to clean my registery's
3:avira to remove my viruses
and like i said my pc crash when i play games or watch movies on full screen...
So how can i fix this problem its realy anoying...
Thanks in advance

A:My PC Crash/Freeze While playing games or watching movies on full screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pc-crash-freeze-while-playing-games-or-watching-movies-on-full-screen.908113/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi. I've recently been trying to play Metal Gear Solid 5 but every time I boot it up my PC either crashes as soon as the splash screens are done or after a few minutes. It's been crashing while playing other games as well but it's been much rarer. It's not a BSOD crash and it doesn't produce any crash dumps so I'm leaning towards it being a problem with either the PSU, the motherboard or one of the graphics cards. Any help with finding the cause of this would be appreciated.

The PSU model is fd-psu-newt2-800, the graphics cards are both Nvidia GTX760s and the motherboard is a ASUS Sabertooth Z77

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622614/crash-without-bsod-and-crash-dump-while-playing-games/
Relevancy 84.71%

I started getting this today for some reason. My setup had been the same for the last 6 months or so and out of nowhere while playing a game I had installed for a month I instantly got a BSOD. I tried updating my gfx drivers but didn't really help much at all.

I also get some random errors when trying to load them up now after a few BSODs (i.e. explorer.exe stops working then restarts, desktop manager error etc.)

My specs:
Win7 x64
Gigabyte MA770
Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti
Phenom II x4 940

No OCing involved

Here are the dump files

A:BSOD/freeze when playing games

Based on the behavior you describe, check for file data corruption:Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors checked for all SSDs. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log

Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/216187-bsod-freeze-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi everyone,

Can you please provide me some hints how to track the cause of a system freeze with an horrible sound loop when playing FFXIV.

Here is the SF file Attachment 28542

Cheers,

Kayhen

A:Freeze while playing games, no BSOD.

Sorry for the delay in responding. There just aren't that many people who do BSOD analysis, so at times we get a bit overwhelmed!

If not experiencing BSOD's, please also upload this report:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog))
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

First off, a disclaimer - I am not familiar w/8.1 so my analysis is based on Win8 RTM
8.1 is (as I understand it) a Developer's Release - so it can be expected to have bugs.
In the end, the only sure thing will be to revert to Win8 RTM and wait for the RTM version of 8.1

Ensure that you have ALL Windows Updates. This is very important!

You have 4 hard drives. What is the make/model/wattage and age of your Power Supply?

The symptoms sound like a video problem - and there are video errors in the WER section of MSINFO32.
Please follow these suggestions for troubleshooting the video errors (even though you haven't seen BSOD's): Video TDR Timeout - 0x116 + 0x117 - Sysnative Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/32208-freeze-while-playing-games-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 84.71%

System keep chrashing with BSOD or just a still screen of random color with noise in the background.
This only when I play Games, especially in World of Warcraft.
Used Driver genius to update every Driver.
Updated Motherboard Bios
Changed Antivirus 3 times: actually I'm using NOD32
Still I keep chrashing.

Can you help me please?
thank you in advance.
My system:
MoBO: Asus P5Q3
Processor: Intel core2 Quad Q8400 2.66
Ram: 2x2MB Kingston
Windows 7 Professional

The system is 10 months old, but I had problem from the start.
I Changed Video Card 2 times: actually I have a GTX 480
Changed Ram
Changed Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent ProM 850

A:BSOD or freeze while playing games

This is the attachment:

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/111701-bsod-freeze-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 83.85%

A few weeks ago I build a new computer with the following specs Corsair Vengeance RED - GB KIT Cooler Master GX WATT AMD FX- Black Edition sAM LG DVR DL X SATA OCZ Vertex - GB Corsair Air Series SP Quiet Edition Asus M A R socket AM Asus Radeon HD DCII V GB Win x incl sp I did not get any BSOD or sudden reboots until previous week I started playing Okey on facebook with Firefox While playing my systems freezes and sometimes I when on games Facebook and Freeze playing BSOD get a BSOD With the SF Diagnostic Tool I collected everything Hope that someone can look at the log files and confirm my suspicious about that the game on FB is causing the Freeze and BSOD when playing games on Facebook problems Update - - I opened the dmp file with windbg and found out the source i hope so Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck fffffa c b e f Probably caused by AuthenticAMD Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR A fatal hardware error has occurred Parameter identifies the type of error source that reported the error Parameter holds the address of the WHEA ERROR RECORD structure that describes the error conditon Arguments Arg Machine Check Exception Arg fffffa c Address of the WHEA ERROR RECORD structure Arg b High order -bits of the MCi STATUS value Arg e f Low order -bits of the MCi STATUS value Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x AuthenticAMD CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL f STACK TEXT fffff ba ac fffff c ca b fffffa c b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff ba ad fffff ddfb fffffa d fffffa d c hal HalBugCheckSystem x e fffff ba b fffff c c fffffa d fffff ba e fffff e e nt WheaReportHwError x fffff ba b fffff c c fffffa d fffff ba e fffffa d hal HalpMcaReportError x c fffff ba cc fffff c fe f fffff ba ef hal HalpMceHandler x e fffff ba d fffff cd ac hal HalHandleMcheck x fffff ba d fffff cd nt KxMcheckAbort x c fffff ba e fffff c e nt KiMcheckAbort x fffff b cb amdppm ReadIoMemRaw x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME AuthenticAMD IMAGE NAME AuthenticAMD DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID X x AuthenticAMD PROCESSOR BUS BUCKET ID X x AuthenticAMD PROCESSOR BUS Followup MachineOwner --------- My hypothesis about that the problems were caused by the game on facebook is with this debug log unfounded I am wondering which driver causes the bsod and freezing Thanks in advance

A:Freeze and BSOD when playing games on Facebook

Welcome!. Just a few questions: do you overclock your system? Have you gotten the latest windows updates? Did you have anti virus software (other than Microsoft Security Essentials) installed? did you change any hardware prior to the beginning of the BSODs?

Let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/268677-freeze-bsod-when-playing-games-facebook.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello So I began having issues with my PC freezing up or giving me the BSOD while playing games Half of the time my picture will distort and freeze When this happens the whole computer is unresponsive then ends up requiring a reset The other half I will receive the BSOD When this began I used HWMonitor to try and narrow down the issue and notice my CPU temp would spike up to c during heavy load Screen Freeze games. Sometimes BSOD while playing So I cleaned my case out put new thermal paste on and brought a new heatsink This got my temp down a lot to about c during gaming and c while idle Although I made this change I still had random freezes and BSOD I also ran Memtest to make BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games. sure my memory was ok and everything came back clear Last but not least I upgraded the firmware on my SSD Unfortunately I'm still not having any luck I don't have an extra GPU or PSU to narrow it down anymore but would hoping maybe you guys might see something that BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games. could be at fault before I buy any replacement parts So far that where I'm currently at Thanks guys BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games. OS - Windows Home Premium x Original OS Not OEM Verison Hardware is about years old GPU is year old Current OS is approximately years old Have you re-installed the OS Not yet Intel i k ghz Sapphire Radeon HD ASRock Z Extreme Gen Power Supply - XFX TS Watt Desktop PC

A:BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games.

Please update the following driver:

Code:
3: kd> lmvm xusb21
start end module name
fffff880`06655000 fffff880`06665d80 xusb21 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: xusb21.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\xusb21.sys
Image name: xusb21.sys
Timestamp: Wed Apr 08 15:28:44 2009 (49DCB49C)
CheckSum: 000135AC
ImageSize: 00010D80
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
The driver belongs to Xbox USB Wireless Controller, it is known to cause BSOD issues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-sometimes-screen-freeze-while-playing-games-1021586.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi, i've been getting occasional screen freezes and more recently BSOD, mostly when playing games.

I would appreciate any help or advice you can offer from the files i have attached as i'm not able to read any of the crash dump files.

Thanks!

A:BSOD and occasional screen freeze (especially when playing games)

Hello,

MSINFO:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 5 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 5 Public
Please unisntall Advanced System Care, this programs is known to cause problems as it modifies the registry.

DUMP Analysis:

Code:
MaxSpeed: 3400
CurrentSpeed: 3502
I suggest that you set everything to default as O/C is very risky, and could be the potential cause of the BSOD.

All the dump files are blaming hardware. Please do the following:

Quote:
BugCheck 0x124

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For your hardware stop 0x124 crash, read through Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try and use the following hardware checks to supplement that link.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Run all but the advanced tests with SeaTools for HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while worki... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244100-bsod-occasional-screen-freeze-especially-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

I hope you can help me with the problem I am facing:

So I bought this new desktop PC around 6 months ago. Since I am a passionate gamer I got the games I like to pay and just got going.

Every once in a while my PC just freezes (usually while gaming, sometimes even when not). It doesnt reboot or anything, it just stays frozen.

Hope someone can help me with my Problem

greetings,
Saphira

A:PC Freeze while playing games (league of legends) No BSOD

If you are running AMD graphics drivers this is your answer. League of Legends is one of the games in an extensive listing of games that AMD asks if you're running when graphics drivers crashes. I don't play those types of games...but I just got a new computer 4 months ago which runs AMD HD radeon 8400 graphics. After a couple automatic driver updates to the current version 13.12 I began having random driver crashes while streaming online tv. I began exploring the internet & there's loads of information documenting this problem which is a pandemic that plagues AMD Radeon graphics in all chipset series from the 5200-7975...To date there is no fix...AMD (if that's the graphics card in your system) has a reporting form on their website for you to log the crash report...they ask for all system specs be submitted. I think they're compiling data so that a fix (or patch) can be designed....until then, the freezes [what my computer does...locks up, everything freezes & once I got black screen] will continue to happen. I guess you just sort of have to put up with it or get the graphics card replaced with some other architecture (branding). I did find info. with a few complaints about intels i3 graphics also having glitches. I'm sort of regretting having gone with the AMD, I knew nothing of this in my purchase decision. There was nothing to indicate there was an extensive flaw in the update for the drivers. I wish I could "roll back" the driver but don't find that option in these new systems [unlike in Windows XP]. I even went through my warranty tech support who did a reinstall of the drivers for me but it didn't rectify the problem...& the AMD website is useless because their DIY tech support refers to reinstalling the graphics drivers but the version on their website are the ones causing the problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44764-pc-freeze-while-playing-games-league-legends-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I get blue screen problem while gaming first I got sometimes red screen a lot but now blue screen I have video card replaced by another but problem remains Can anyone help me Here you have the complete mini dump file Computer Model OEM Chassis Desktop Mainboard while crash playing games bsod ASUS SABERTOOTH FX Serial Number MT BIOS AMI OEM Total Memory GB DIMM DDR Processors Processor AMD FX tm - Eight-Core Processor M T GHz GHz GHz IMC x MB L MB L Socket Slot AM r AM Chipset Memory Controller AMD F Orochi CPU HT Hub x GHz GHz x GB DIMM DDR GHz -bit Memory Module s Memory Module Corsair CML GX M A C GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - - - - - - - Memory Module Corsair CML GX M A C GB DIMM DDR bsod crash while playing games PC - U DDR - - - - - - - Memory Module Corsair CML GX M A C GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - - bsod crash while playing games - - - - - Memory Module Corsair CML GX M A C GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - - - - - - - Video System Monitor Panel Philips FTV x quot Video Adapter AMD Radeon HD Series CU SP SM MHz GB DDR GHz -bit PCIe x Graphics Processor OpenCL GP Processor AMD Radeon HD Series SP C MHz GB DDR GHz -bit Compute Shader Processor AMD Radeon HD Series SP C MHz GB DDR GHz -bit Storage Devices OCZ-VERTEX GB SATA SSD MB Cache GB C Hitachi HDS ALA TB SATA quot rpm MB Cache TB Microsoft Storage Space TB TB D Generic- Compact Flash USB N A H Generic- SM xD-Picture USB N A I Generic- SD MMC USB N A J Generic- MS MS-Pro USB N A K TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH- BB SATA DVD -RW CD-RW MB Cache N A E HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH LS SATA BD-RE DVD -RW CD-RW MB Cache N A F Logical Storage Devices Lokaal station C GB NTFS OCZ-VERTEX GB SATA SSD MB Cache Lokaal station D TB NTFS Microsoft Storage Space TB Removable Drive H N A Generic- Compact Flash USB Removable Drive I N A Generic- SM xD-Picture USB Removable Drive J N A Generic- SD MMC USB Removable Drive K N A Generic- MS MS-Pro USB Optical Drive E N A TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH- BB SATA DVD -RW CD-RW MB Cache Optical Drive F N A HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH LS SATA BD-RE DVD -RW CD-RW MB Cache Peripherals LPC Hub Controller ATI AMD IXP SB SMBUS Controller LPC Hub Controller ATI AMD SB LPC host controller LPC Legacy Controller T - Audio Device ASUS IXP SB High Definition Audio Controller Audio Codec Realtek Semi High Definition Audio Audio Device ATI AMD Cayman Antilles HDMI Audio Radeon HD Series Audio Codec ATI AMD HDMI Audio Serial Port s Disk Controller ASUS SB SATA Controller AHCI mode Disk Controller ASUS JMB AHCI Controller Disk Controller ASUS JMB AHCI Controller USB Controller ATI AMD SB USB OHCI Controller USB Controller ATI AMD SB USB EHCI Controller USB Controller ATI AMD SB USB OHCI Controller USB Controller ATI AMD SB USB EHCI Controller USB Controller ATI AMD SB USB OHCI Controller USB Controller ATI AMD SB USB OHCI Controller USB Controller ATI AMD SB USB EHCI Controller USB Controller ASUS ASMedia XHCI Controller FireWire Controller ASUS VIA VT OHCI Controller SMBus i c Controller ATI SB SMBus Printers and Faxes Printer Send To Microsoft OneNote Driver x Colour Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer v x Colour Fax Microsoft Shared Fax Driver x Printer EPSON PX FWD Series x Colour Fax EPSON PC-FAX driver x Printer EPSON PX FWD Series x USB Colour Sensors Location Microsoft Windows Locatiezoeker Location Triangulation Peripherals Network Services Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family-controller Ethernet Gbps Wireless Adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR x Wireless-netwerkadapter Operating System Windows System Microsoft Windows Professional Platform Compliance x

A:bsod crash while playing games

Your dumpfiles can be divided in 2 groups.
3 Dumpfiles blames Probably caused by memory corruption

Please check your memory with memtest 86+ for faults.
Tutorial Memtest86+ and download

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

The other dumpfiles all are related in some way to your graphics/video.
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+121223 )
PROCESS_NAME: CLMSServerPDVD
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::PrepareDmaBuffer+19357

You have already the videocard drivers from april 2014 and you installed another videocard.
But to exclude that you have a faulty videocard you could run Prime95.

Download and Tutorial Prime95

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/100352-hardware-stress-test-prime95.html
Many of your gamingdevices have older drivers:
Creative Headset drivers from 2008. Please update to windows 8.1 compatible drivers.
Logitech mouse and keyboard or logitech? drivers from 2009. Please update to windows 8.1 compatible drivers
The drivers of PowerDVD are from 2011. Is your version compatible with windows 8.1. Upgrade?

Please also update your networkcards to windows 8.1 compatible drivers.
Qualcomm Atheros AR938x Wireless-netwerkadapter
Drivers for Atheros AR9485WB and Windows 8

Realtek PCIe GBE Family-controller
Realtek

Drive: C:
Free Space: 1.3 GB
Total Space: 122.1 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: OCZ-VERTEX4

You have only 1.3 gb free space on your Systemdisk free, (less than 2%), windows needs around 15% free space to run the system in a proper way. Please make more space on your C:drive.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/48367-bsod-crash-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Recently my computer has begun to crash in the middle of games (Counter strike and League of Legends). The crash happens abruptly while playing, the screen tears the image completely where nothing on the screen is now identifiable, just shreds of the image/colors/pixels. The PC then stops all tasks and continues to run with the frozen image on the screen with no sound or anything running. I have to hard reset and hold the power button. The computer runs fine right after, a slow boot up at most. I know my CMOS battery is dying due to the clock on my computer losing time. Is could that be a problem linked to this?

I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.

Relevancy 82.13%

Hello. I have recently been getting BSODs while playing League of Legends, which hasn't been a problem in the past. I've included the .dmp compressed files. I'm very ignorant about this stuff. Help is appreciated.

A:BSOD or screen freeze while playing games that used to work fine.

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/310042-bsod-screen-freeze-while-playing-games-used-work-fine.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I've tried so many things to no avail. Finally came to my senses to post on a forum.

A:BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen

* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000000044c2, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000008, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff801467accad, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

OVERLAPPED_MODULE: Address regions for 'mmcss' and 'WUDFRd.sys' overlap

Looks like the BSOD is being caused by WUDFRD.sys

Can you help me with the following:

1) Are the drivers for the PC up to date ?

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/40871-bsod-freeze-when-playing-games-watching-youtube-fullscreen.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Howdy folks In the past few days I have gotten many BSOD's while browsing the web playing games or talking to people on Teamspeak Usually the BSOD crash hits me usually an hour in while I'm doing those things in a session Before I did get BSOD's and crashes but they were few and spread out I never responded to them because they happened very sparsely Now that they are very constant I need to do some action I have went into safe mode right now and am typing this on another computer Oh and this problem started Saturday May th As for the dmp files I was a noob and didn't have the option for the BSOD crashes to save dmp files but now that that is enabled I do have one dmp file that I can share Also while Crash or games playing Distorted browsing BSOD/Weird I have noticed that sometimes that when the computer crashes the sound becomes very distorted the screen tears fuzzes into a static-like image and then it just restarts I either get this kind of crash or just a simple BSOD Sometimes the sound just distorts I see a black screen and then the PC restarts Not even a distorted image Specs- OS- Windows Pro Bit GPU- AMD Radeon - http www newegg com Product Prod - -text- - Mobo- ASUS M A XTD EVO- http www newegg com Product Prod - -text- - RAM- G-Skill Ripjaw series GB -http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E amp nm mc BSOD/Weird Distorted Crash while playing games or browsing TEMC-RMA-Approvel amp cm mmc TEMC-RMA-Approvel- -Content- -text- - CPU- AMD Phenom II X Black Edition- http www newegg com Product Prod - -text- - PSU- Corsair Watt - http www newegg com Product Prod - -text- - Hard Drive- WD TB SATA- http www newegg com Product Prod - -text- - Things that I have done but to no avail - - Deleted MSI Afterburner -Deleted Daemon Tools -Completed a Memtest on my RAM No errors even after passes -Took out the RAM sticks cleaned and then put back in their sockets -Cleaned the computer for dust -Used Ccleaner to scan for problems and junk -Full scan of Malwarebytes Caught things but still nothing changes -Done an SFC scannow scan -Downloaded all the major Windows updates -chkdsk scan Temperatures vary but they tend to stay normal CPU average temperature is around C idle GPU Temperature is about C idle C viewing videos and and may hit to around - C while gaming Fan speed on Temperatures when computer is idle on the desktop Screenshots included below- G'day and I appreciate any support I may get

A:BSOD/Weird Distorted Crash while playing games or browsing

Both RTCORE64.sys (MSI) and asacpi.sys from 2005 and loaded in the only DMP file present.

Those need to be updated before we can do any underlying investigation.

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223434-bsod-weird-distorted-crash-while-playing-games-browsing.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Issues started not long ago when I purchased a new gtx 750 ti graphics card. Get varied Bsod error messages such as video_tdr_failure nvlddmkm.sys, and DPC_Watchdog_violation as well as one or two others. These issues present themselves upon starting of certain games. Specifically first person shooters but is rarely a problem for my most played game League of Legends. Very easily replicate-able as it happens everytime i start said games. Starts out as odd stretched lines and screen disturbances (spasm like textures and light shafts in game) and then black screen with sound followed by either display kernel crash message of my video driver or complete computer shutdown.

Also included below is a DxDiag system info save file.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/46907-windows-10-bsod-system-crash-shutdown-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello. I was having a problem with my nvidia gtx 970 where it would BSOD when playing high end games like Total War: Attila. So I returned it to New egg for a new one. I received my new GTX 970 today and it still bsod when playing the game. Please help!

After I BSOD and restart my PC. On startup it says these two problems
C:\Windows\Minidump\061412-13260-01.dmp
C:\Users\Devin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-15553-0.sysdata.xml

Attachment 368331

A:BSOD crash when playing high end games like Total war : Attila

Bump. anyone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/377815-bsod-crash-when-playing-high-end-games-like-total-war-attila.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello everyone I hope I can find some help here with these crashes I have since several months now While playing games like CS GO or H Z I have a lot of crashes to desktop and sometimes BSOD The BSOD can happen also while watching streams playing to watching Crash videos BSOD Desktop & games or while amp listening to music So far I had these ones x E dxgmms sys DFA x B atikmdag sys C DE I think I tried everything in my knowledge to solve the problem but it still didn't resolve the problems On the hardware side - Switched the memory sticks - Switched the graphic card my brother has the same one as me and it never failed him Still it didn't resolve the problems on my computer - Switched to Marvell SATA controllers then to the Gb Intel controllers - Used a USB sound card thinking that it may have something to BSOD & Crash to Desktop while playing games or watching videos do with the audio on the motherboard - Changed the graphic card slot to the PCI X On the software side - I reinstalled all my drivers using the suggestions made by this site Easily explore your PC amp using also some other softwares like SlimDriver - I formated amp reinstalled win on my SSD - I installed win on my HDD thinking that my SSD was the problem - I uninstalled the KB and KB updates - Uninstalled my antivirus MSE amp disabled my firewall - Used the sfc scannow command without any problems detected - Run malware bytes amp antivirus softwares mse ESET - Run software like quot fixmypc quot amp cccleaner After all these actions my pc still crashes a lot especially the quot crash to desktop quot ones I really hope someone can help me out here

A:BSOD & Crash to Desktop while playing games or watching videos

And I just had another BSOD, this time it's a "Memory Management" one. Here are the details of this one :

Nom d??v?nement de probl?me: BlueScreen
Version du syst?me: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Identificateur de param?tres r?gionaux: 1036

Informations suppl?mentaires sur le probl?me*:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 0000000000041287
BCP2: 0000000000000030
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

On ma-config.com, it says that the source of the crash is :

Source du crash
usbport.sys+2D480
Chemin
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbport.sys
Description
Pilote de port USB 1.1 & 2.0
Version
Compagnie
Microsoft Corporation
Taille
317.50 Ko

Any help guys ? Does all these crashes have something to do with my motherboard ? Should I change it (the only thing I didn't change is the MB & the power supply).

Many thanks.

Vlday

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373430-bsod-crash-desktop-while-playing-games-watching-videos.html
Relevancy 77.4%

heres the Debuggin report Problem signature Problem Event Random Games Internet BSOD based java Playing caused by wininit crash Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA E BCP FFFFFA E A BCP FFFFF D C B OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users AlwaysMovingForward AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy BSOD Playing java based Internet Games Random crash caused by wininit Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is srv c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre win sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff a c PsLoadedModuleList xfffff c Debug session time Tue Dec UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck F fffffa e fffffa e a fffff d c b Probably caused by wininit exe Followup MachineOwner --------- and i used sfc scannow and this pop'd up Beginning verification phase of system scan verification complete Windows Resource protection did not find any integrity voilations ---- System Details Its an Acer Aspire Has windows Home Premium orginally installed Installed Physical memory - gig Available Physical memory - gig total virtual memory gig available virtual memory gig Bios Version date Phoenix technologies Ltd v SMBIOS Version My system is only around a year and a half old and i take very good care of it ---- My system has crashed before for the same reason and i tried to restore my computer and nothing happened so i whiped it and put new windows on it and that fixed it for a few months but this is getting ridiculous and i really need the data on this harddrive any help at all is appricated may have uploaded a file twice sorry if i did

A:BSOD Playing java based Internet Games Random crash caused by wininit

heres the upload of the system health report i left out

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209648-bsod-playing-java-based-internet-games-random-crash-caused-wininit.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I've been having BSODs continuously while playing Dota 2,and it happens only when I play Dota 2 and not other games.I started playing Dota 2 last month and the Blue Screens suddenly started to appear.I play it on the lowest settings possible.It's getting annoying having to restart my computer and play matches in the low priority pool.
System specs:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 0B10H
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
RAM: 4.00 GB
HDD: ST3160815AS ATA Device
Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1

Debug info from DM log collector:
Attachment 352434

A:BSOD and Display Driver crash playing Dota 2

Welcome to 7F. There are few problems showing up here, please follow the steps outlined below.

1: Uninstall Daemon Tools, a proven cause of BSODs.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools.
2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and perform the following steps.
3. Double click the executable to open it.
4. Click the button shown below.

Attachment 352435

If the button it is grayed out as shown in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system and you can just close the window.

Code:
fffff880`081baf18 fffff880`012afcf8Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\sptd.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys
sptd+0x4acf8
2: Your nVidia drivers have been flagged.

Code:
fffff880`081ba608 fffff880`0f35fa51Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
nvlddmkm+0x61a51

1: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`0f2fe000 fffff880`0ff8c000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Wed Jul 02 18:42:02 2014 (53B4446A)
CheckSum: 00C4C7C9
ImageSize: 00C8E000
They could do with updating. Search for the most up to date version here.

3: Your Realtek Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet drivers have been flagged.

Code:
fffff880`081ba2e8 fffff880`06f19e20Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Rt64win7.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Rt64win7.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Rt64win7.sys
Rt64win7+0x1fe20

1: kd> lmvm Rt64win7
start end module name
fffff880`06efa000 fffff880`06fd5000 Rt64win7 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: Rt64win7.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Rt64win7.sys
Image name: Rt64win7.sys
Timestamp: Wed Dec 18 03:21:42 2013 (52B114C6)
CheckSum: 000DCE9A
ImageSize: 000DB000
Again, it's very old and needs updating. Check for the most recent version here.

4: Avast has also been flagged.

Code:
BAD_POOL_CALLER (c2)
The current thread is making a bad pool request. Typically this is at a bad IRQL level or double freeing the same allocation, etc.
Arguments:
Arg1: 000000000000000b, type of pool violation the caller is guilty of.
Arg2: fffffa80072c5458
Arg3: 000000000000dadf
Arg4: fffffa80072c5968

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nt!IoRemoveIoCompletion+229
fffff800`03bb4a19 4c8bac2498000000 mov r13,qword ptr [rsp+98h]

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_b

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: AvastSvc.exe
Uninstall Avast and Install MS Security Essentials and MalwareBytes.

Note
Make sure you uncheck the 'Enable Free Trial' box when installing.

Follow the steps outlined above, test the system for stability and report back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/363942-bsod-display-driver-crash-playing-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Good day everyone BEFORE READING I updated the info of this old thread because I found the source of the problem read the UPDATE at the end As the topic title says im gettin some BSOD after playing games for like - minutes DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL lt ----- This is what I see in the MEMORY DMP after using WinDbg application It seems there is some driver problems Some USB Port thingy and random MpKsl dd d services drivers-Added image but im not sure thats why Im posting this here EDIT I also quot fixed quot an AOD Driver issue after posting this lol I will attach the DUMP and System health files Entire MERMORY dmp file ADDITIONAL SYSTEM INFO - x -bit or x x When - related. playing BSOD games Driver - the original installed OS on the system No Windows - an OEM or full retail version Full Retail - What is the age of system hardware About - years old - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS months reinstalled Im using the latest Nvidia Driver released Thanks for the help UPDATE Found the real issue Punkbuster Yes the games I play use Punkbuster Now about the problem Punkbuster have always had problem with Realtek integrated sound cards wich relate to my crashes freezes and BSODs with looping sound BSOD When playing games - Driver related. Im currently trying to get in contact with Realtek about this issue quot How are you sure this is the problem quot you say Well basically after DISABLING the onboard sound and playing the games for hours BSOD When playing games - Driver related. and hours gave me no crashes The solution there is no solution At least fixing it But the best one is to get an external sound card being an USB sound card the best solution to this Markes as unsolved lol

A:BSOD When playing games - Driver related.

Problem Devices:
Code:
MpKsl497dd46d ROOT\LEGACY_MPKSL497DD46D\0000 This device is not present, not working properly or does not have all the drivers installed.
MpKsl5cb65dec ROOT\LEGACY_MPKSL5CB65DEC\0000 This device is not present, not working properly or does not have all the drivers installed.
MpKsla11f4701 ROOT\LEGACY_MPKSLA11F4701\0000 This device is not present, not working properly or does not have all the drivers installed.
The above are related to Microsoft Security Essentials. It looks like it was not properly uninstalled when you removed it and replaced it with avast!. I had a similar problem with another antivirus program that I resolved with Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows.
No .dmp files included in your crash reports. If you ran CCleaner after the most recent crash, that would explain the missing .dmps. Please refrain from using file cleaning programs, such as CCleaner, for the duration of your troubleshooting.
Your BugCheck does indeed indicate a driver issue. Until you have .dmps for us, we cannot determine which driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/234326-bsod-when-playing-games-driver-related.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello

I've been having a lot of troubles since i upgraded my hardware, games crashing, BSOD and pc reboots (at least this one was solved), i tried almost everything since updating bios to lates (beta) putting it the old ones, clean install, tried almost 7 different drivers, almost everything i looked on the internet but without being able to solve it . Hope you guys could help.

Plus, no overheating shown by MSI Afterburner

Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD Playing games, driver maybe? error 0x116

Hello and welcome Pharanoia mat where did you get this oS form as I have a nasty feeling it is pirated or a very old media the version I have marked in red should read 7601 - that is it has service pack 1 (SP1) included which version 7600 does not.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.3.9600.17336 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_GHOST-09_08_2015__20947,61.zip\080915-12308-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available
Symbol search path is: *** Invalid ***
* Symbol loading may be unreliable without a symbol search path. *
* Use .symfix to have the debugger choose a symbol path. *
* After setting your symbol path, use .reload to refresh symbol locations. *
Executable search path is:
* Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized. *
* The Symbol Path can be set by: *
* using the _NT_SYMBOL_PATH environment variable. *
* using the -y <symbol_path> argument when starting the debugger. *
* using .sympath and .sympath+ *
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03004000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03241e50
Debug session time: Sun Aug 9 17:00:30.735 2015 (UTC + 10:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:39:22.234
* Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized. *
* The Symbol Path can be set by: *
* using the _NT_SYMBOL_PATH environment variable. *
* using the -y <symbol_path> argument when starting the debugger. *
* using .sympath and .sympath+ *
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378009-bsod-playing-games-driver-maybe-error-0x116.html
Relevancy 76.11%

hello iv had an issue while playing skyrim i keept getting a bsod while playing and it was the windows driver framework bsod ans i thought it may have been my graphics card do i put it into my bfs cp and it ran fine with no issues so i i just replaced my processor cus my old one i was was told was dying and that could have been the cause but thats not the case. is i use the d3s program so i can play skyrim with my ps3 controller is the drivers of this program to blame? i have my minidump file is that helps

A:windows driver framework bsod while playing games

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model GA-970A-D3
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F7, 10/13/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name CLCA-Cenotech\The CLCA
Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.98 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.06 GB
Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 11.3 GB
Page File Space 7.98 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

i also just installed a new harddrive and idk if all my drivers are updated or present and i buy power wont help[ me with anything so there the a useless end

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-driver-framework-bsod-while-playing-games-705101.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I've been getting some BSOD's playing Warframe intermittently, and today got one playing Trove.
Tried doing sfc scan, memory diagnostics and checkdisk and updating outdated drivers with some exceptions I was unsafe about messing with (DriverEasy said processor drivers were heavily outdated, and suggested intel xeon drivers).
Also tried Verifier.exe, resulting in bluescreens as soon as I got to the desktop, mentioning something about I/O problems.

DM Logs are attached

Hope you can help with this.

-Christian.

A:BSOD playing some games, suspecting driver conflicts

LGVirHid.sys Logitech Gamepanel Virtual HID Device Driver

Remove, uninstall this see if you get BSOD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351439-bsod-playing-some-games-suspecting-driver-conflicts.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello everyone I just got back to my PC after a my first year of college and when I first minutes after games, update crash ten after driver BSOD starting now started it up it bluescreened I didn't manage to catch the error before it rebooted then changed to a black screen said that there was BSOD ten minutes after starting games, now crash after driver update no hard disk to boot with So I turned it off turned it back on and it booted just fine I ran a full system scan with Avast to check for malware updated some games on Steam and basically did my best to get my computer up to speed since it had been off for so long while I did use it during long breaks While the Avast scan was running I played World of Warcraft for about an hour or two and bam--another bluescreen The error message said something along the lines of quot Display drivers failed to restart quot but again I couldn't catch the rest because it rebooted coming up with the same black screen as before So I turned it off When I booted it up for a third time Avast opened almost immediately and asked to restart my computer and run a scan of the startup files So I obliged it seemed like it scanned my whole system again which lasted for an hour or two and it seems like it moved Malwaregen and corrupted files to the chest When it was done my computer booted normally I installed some Windows updates and a new Nvidia driver figuring that something was outdated and once again started playing World of Warcraft This time it didn't bluescreen instead the screen froze after ten minutes and turned a solid color My PC rebooted almost immediately again with the same black screen So I rebooted for a fourth time just fine like before and ran a disk check to find errors in my hard drive None were found so I don't think it's a hardware problem Seems like a graphics driver issue but I'm not sure of that and even if I were I wouldn't know how to fix it I changed some dmp files settings and replicated the error with Team Fortress so now I have a dmp file and the typical package in the attachments The first attachment is the DM Log Collector file and the second is the dmp file Thanks in advance folks

A:BSOD ten minutes after starting games, now crash after driver update

Try any other driver version and see how it goes. Uninstall the installed display driver using Display Driver Uninstaller. Then install the NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

When done, stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark. Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Take a screenshot of the furmark window before closing it. Upload the screenshot for us. Also let us know if you have experienced any crash/BSOD and/or artifacts during the test.

Also, Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa80081ba4e0, fffff88005055ad4, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+82fad4 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80081ba4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88005055ad4, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+82fad4
fffff880`05055ad4 48ff25e5f1ebff jmp qword ptr [nvlddmkm+0x6eecc0 (fffff880`04f14cc0)]

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17336 (debuggers(dbg).150226-1500) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`06f8fa48 fffff880`05346134 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`081ba4e0 fffff880`05055ad4 ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`06f8fa50 fffff880`05319867 : fffff880`05055ad4 fffffa80`096ce000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`06f8fa90 fffff880`05345f43 : fffffa80`ffffd846 ffffffff`fffe7960 fffffa80`081ba4e0 00000000`00000000 : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`06f8fb40 fffff880`0406f03d : fffffa80`0c03fb50 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`09105410 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`06f8fbc0 fffff800`03566456 : 00000000`0641db0e fffffa80`090ed760 fffffa80`06992b10 fffffa80`090ed760 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`06f8fc00 fffff800`032be2c6 : fffff800`0344be80 fffffa80`090ed760 fffff800`03459cc0 00000000`00000001 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`06f8fc40 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`06f90000 fffff880`06f8a000 fffff880`1ecfed40 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+82fad4
fffff880`05055ad4 48ff25e5f1ebff jmp qword ptr [nvlddmkm+0x6eecc0 (fffff880`04f14cc0)]

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+82fad4

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_NAME: nvlddmkm.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 5566824f

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:x64_0x116_image_nvlddmkm.sys

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {1f9e0448-3238-5868-3678-c8e526bb1edc}

---------

3: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`04826000 f... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372765-bsod-ten-minutes-after-starting-games-now-crash-after-driver-update.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,

I'm having an issue when I browse on the internet watching videos and litsening to music or connecting to a game I will have a sudden BSOD

Thank you

A:BSOD while playing games/downloading, Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal

Hi zech.

Update the driver to Killer e2200 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller from Driver Downloads | Qualcomm Atheros, Inc.

And Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {fffff880166a2000, 2, 0, fffff88002d56fa0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e22w7x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e22w7x64.sys
Probably caused by : e22w7x64.sys ( e22w7x64+19fa0 )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff880166a2000, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff88002d56fa0, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002f11100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002f111c0
fffff880166a2000 Nonpaged pool

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
e22w7x64+19fa0
fffff880`02d56fa0 4c39b748020000 cmp qword ptr [rdi+248h],r14

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

PROCESS_NAME: LolClient.exe

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800947e670 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800947e670)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=00000000000002be rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa8006d26aa8
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88002d56fa0 rsp=fffff8800947e800 rbp=fffffa8006d269f0
r8=0000000000000300 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffffa80083f0280
r11=0000000000000000 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
e22w7x64+0x19fa0:
fffff880`02d56fa0 4c39b748020000 cmp qword ptr [rdi+248h],r14 ds:00000000`00000248=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002cd9169 to fffff80002cd9bc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0947e528 fffff800`02cd9169 : 00000000`0000000a fffff880`166a2000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0947e530 fffff800`02cd7de0 : fffff8a0`048d7124 fffff8a0`00023150 fffff880`0947e810 fffffa80`083dcb40 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`0947e670 fffff880`02d56fa0 : fffffa80`083dcb40 00000000`00002d3c fffffa80`083dcb58 fffffa80`083dcb40 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`0947e800 fffffa80`083dcb40 : ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329406-bsod-while-playing-games-downloading-driver-irql-not-less-equal.html
Relevancy 75.68%

The title is pretty self-explanatory; I keep getting BSOD on steam games, particularly DotA and Civ V. I've been supremely bored without my vidjya, so any help would be much appreciated! I've attached the requisite BSOD paperwork, and am pasting some more stuff, and my system specs should be in my profile.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8008323028
BCP3: 00000000B6004000
BCP4: 00000000DC000175
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\061114-19515-01.dmp
C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-27580-0.sysdata.xml

Bug Check Code:

0x00000124

Caused by Driver:

hal.dll

Last Two attempted addresses
Filename: Address in Stack:

hal.dll hal.dll+12a3b

ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+18c463

A:BSOD playing Steam games, Bug 0x00000124, Driver: hal.dll+12a3b

Hello, and welcome to SevenForums!

First of all, have you overclocked your graphics card at all?

The 0x00000124 error code appears during a hardware complaint, such as overheating. If you have overclocked your GPU, RESET IT IMMEDIATELY. This could be causing numerous critical errors in your GPU, causing the whole system to crash. Also, overclocking can severely damage your GPU. I would only recommend it if you know what you are doing and are not just following a tutorial.

But, this could be other things too. I see that your GPU driver is WAY out-of-date. Download the latest drivers via the AMD website.

Best of luck,

PeregrineX

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335037-bsod-playing-steam-games-bug-0x00000124-driver-hal-dll-12a3b.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello I am getting BSODs while playing games They are irregular and can happen every half hour or several hours in between Rig is Asus Sabertooth P latest bios after installing these more problems occured in while errors playing driver games BSOD and seeing ndis ntfs kernel, Intel i CPU Nvidia Geforce GT Corsair Vengeance gb x All drivers are the latest Graphics chipset SATA BIOS and so BSOD while playing games seeing errors in kernel, ntfs and ndis driver forth I have run both memtest which showed no errors in individual testing of the memories but when I had them all in and ran it an error showed up I have done the chkdsk Both f BSOD while playing games seeing errors in kernel, ntfs and ndis driver r and without it Did show up errors but claims to be fixed now ntoskrnl is the driver that always shows up BSOD while playing games seeing errors in kernel, ntfs and ndis driver What I really need to know is if this is a hardware or driver problem My biggest question is if it is a motherboard issue or not I had bsod problems before I updated BIOS but they happened more frequently after Attaching the three latest minidumps Thanks all

A:BSOD while playing games seeing errors in kernel, ntfs and ndis driver

The crashes implicate your graphics card, its drivers, or your RAM.

Re-install or install the latest drivers for your display card. Your current drivers may be corrupted and/or outdated. Use the following method to re-install the drivers.
Download the drivers you want for your display card(s)
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Uninstall a program
For NVIDIA:Uninstall the NVIDIA Graphics Driver (this should uninstall all NVIDIA software and drivers)
Restart your computer
Make sure NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver, NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player, NVIDIA HD Audio Driver, and NVIDIA PhysX System Software are not still listed under Uninstall a program through Control Panel
If any remain of the above, uninstall one at a time
If asked to restart after uninstalling any of the above, do so, and continue uninstalling any remaining NVIDIA items until all are removed

For AMD:Uninstall AMD Catalyst Install Manager if it is listed (this should remove all AMD graphics software and drivers)
If AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not listed, use the following method to uninstall the graphics drivers:Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK

Restart your computer after uninstalling drivers for all display cards
Install the driver you selected for the display cards once Windows starts

Run some hardware checks.

Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they ta... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230597-bsod-while-playing-games-seeing-errors-kernel-ntfs-ndis-driver.html
Relevancy 74.82%

System Specs Samsung Series Laptop Model BSOD games, video while appears related. playing driver Steam certain NP V C Age About months CPU Intel Core i M GHz RAM gigs GPU AMD Radeon HD M BSOD Description I was playing Portal tonight for roughly minutes when on a loading screen the game froze Next there was some short vertical multicoloured lines that were overlaid BSOD while playing certain Steam games, appears video driver related. on the loading screen that kinda looked like a small barcode repeated over and over in a line The system then crashed to the BSOD The BSOD itself said that quot attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed quot I did take a picture of it if anyone wants me to upload that The game is a fresh install done just last night I have had this problem before with Portal hence the reinstall and I also have had it with Dear Esther and Fallout New Vegas At first I thought that my computer was trying to run the games on the integrated HD on the CPU so I set my laptop to high performance and plugged it into the wall so it would hopefully only run on the AMD GPU Dear Esther and Fallout both appear to be fine previously they crashed on start up but I was able to play about minutes of each last night but Portal crashed again tonight To my knowledge my graphics card drivers are up to date as the version number on my computer matches that on the Samsung website I am relatively certain it has not overheated as I always run Core Temp in the background keep the vents clear and it never gets about C according to Core Temp and I've had it run there for hours while playing other games and there was no issue Thank you for your time and any help you might throw my way If you need any more information just let me know please

A:BSOD while playing certain Steam games, appears video driver related.

Welcome aboard.

It is a stop 0x116.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa801382e4e0, fffff88003928af4, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+7af4 )

---------
In this situation you need to follow the guide : STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

But, as I am seeing, the display driver is kinda old.

Code:
lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`03921000 fffff880`03976000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Wed Apr 18 15:27:24 2012 (4F8E9004)
CheckSum: 0005E584
ImageSize: 00055000
Update it. Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7

If it is still crashing, follow the guide entirely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264285-bsod-while-playing-certain-steam-games-appears-video-driver-related.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I've been having an issue the past couple months in which I will be playing a game for around 5-10 minutes and then the screen goes black. After this, one of the following occurs:The screen returns, with the game being played not responding (Happens with less intensive games like Minecraft), a message saying the AMD display driver has recovered is displayed in the bottom right corner
The screen remains black until I ctrl + alt + del and force close the application (Steam games such as CS:GO)
The screen flashes between the game, and a black screen, usually consisting of audio loops, and then eventually freezes into a BSOD with the following message: Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed

I've tried updating my video drivers, monitoring my temperatures, and stress testing, but I can't find a solution.

A:BSOD Playing Somewhat Intensive Games, Attempt to Reset Display Driver

Nobody?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/355255-bsod-playing-somewhat-intensive-games-attempt-reset-display-driver.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Have been having this problem for a while now From reading the forums I figured it must've been a faulty VGA Tech support has replaced it for a brand new and have also given me a new PSU Power Brick Whenever I tried to do anything that was VGA-demanding it would blue screen on me even after a fresh format Both timeout) playing games nvlddmkm.sys error (display driver BSOD 0x116, the new VGA and PSU have not fixed the problem they gave me a bit more gaming time before BSODing but not much Things I've already done - Formated the computer - Did a fresh install of my NVIDIA Drivers BSOD playing games error 0x116, nvlddmkm.sys (display driver timeout) using the remove program - Did a memm test passes errors - Installed new VGA and got a new PSU as already stated - Reinstalled the games that were crashing - Used FurMark on for minutes temps never went higher then degrees - Tried the Windows Fix thing quot Display driver stopped responding and has recovered quot error in Windows or Windows Vista Uploading the files to see if I can get a better insight before I send this back to tech support for another week of tests Honestly don't know what to do anymore Thanks for all the help in advance

A:BSOD playing games error 0x116, nvlddmkm.sys (display driver timeout)

stereolab, I'll see if I can help you on this. As I'm sure you know the error reports in the Dump files are all the same.

Code:
nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`0f408000 fffff880`10049000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Mon Nov 11 07:24:05 2013 (5280DA75)
CheckSum: 00C10283
ImageSize: 00C41000
That is your Nvidia graphics card driver which is almost a year old. but the real troubling part of it is,

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80148e8010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800fda32bc, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
TDR is a time delay and recovery failure. Tell me if I am correct. You have Nvidia Optimus technology. Optimus allows you to use the on chip graphics, which is much less power demanding when the dedicated graphics card is not needed and switches to the Dedicated Card when additional graphics power is needed. AMD has the same thing, which is a good idea. The problem is the implementation of the technology, in other words, how they both make it work. If that is the case, most likely, sending it back, will not work. This is a common problem and I have never seen it solved but by one way, which is not always well received. What is happening in all cases is the laptop is trying to switch either to or from one to the other. The problem is the implementation of all manufacturers, is different, but have 1 thing in common. The switch takes longer than Windows allows, so Windows assumes that there is a graphics failure and the CPU throws an error. Now, before you blame Windows, remember Windows was out long before this technology and Windows limits were well known. In fact, Windows 7 is more forgiving in that area than any Operating System before it. That is probably what is happening. If you don't have Optimus Technology, then your driver is crashing and is not recovering within the allotted time. If you have had the card replaced before, there is some other problem going on. Tell me which it is, do you have Optimus or switchable graphics?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346775-bsod-playing-games-error-0x116-nvlddmkm-sys-display-driver-timeout.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Whenever i play one of my games on my pc, 10 minutes after i play the game my screen suddenly freezes and then the sound freezes and then my screen goes blank for 5-10 minutes. Sometimes it goes back into the game afterwards sometimes it automatically quits me out, and sometimes my screen stays blank permanantly. This proplem usually occours when im playing a multiplayer game.
The games i play that this problem occours is on:

Counter Strike Source, Battlefield 2 and special forces, Left 4 Dead, World in Conflict, Half Life 2 Deathmatch, and Team Fortress 2.

My system specifications are:
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.00 GHz (2CPUs)
2046MB RAM
DirectX10
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT.

A:All of my PC games freeze and crash.

Don't worry i found out what was wrong with my laptop. I dont have enough RAM.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/all-of-my-pc-games-freeze-and-crash-370379.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey I hope some of you out there can help me I seem to always have problem with my desktop computer random crashes freezing BSODs and simply weird problems usually they fix them selves or I fix them however I do need help with this one The problem occurs while playing Starcraft The system will freezes after maybe min of play Screens go black and sound is frozen and I have to reset manually Sometimes though I can play for hours with no / playing Starcraft2 Crash freeze freeze The Windows install is only a few weeks old and I led Windows install every driver for itself and then updated my graphics driver to the newest from nVidia Crash / freeze playing Starcraft2 com installed the drivers for the Razer keyboard and mouse and then went on to install my usual stuff from Ninite I am aware that it might be a problem with heat on the graphics card however it should Crash / freeze playing Starcraft2 not be since the computer is placed in a closet with a very large fan installed in it so that fresh air is constantly flowing Also no weird artifacts are displayed before the crash which is usually the case with heat problems on the graphics card in my experience I used the verifier exe procedure to force a BSOD don't know if this is helpfull when the actual freeze is not a BSOD The BSOD happened before I could get to desktop The dump analysis and health repport is atttached My system specs are in my profile If I missed anything or you want more BSOD dump analysis please let me know Thanks in advance - Anders

A:Crash / freeze playing Starcraft2

I understand that there are no BSOD during freezes, but does your system resumes back as if nothing had happened after if freezes for 5-10mins?

Try not to hold dont the power and see whether yours system resumes. If it does, you have the same symtomps as me!. haha

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196209-crash-freeze-playing-starcraft2.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,
I hope you guys can help, i have read some great stuff on the site but can't seam to fix my problem.

I get a screen freeze and audio loop when using the net or playing games that used to run fine. Sometimes i can be on a web page for 2 minutes, other times 20. Same same with games like COD MW2. The only thing i can do is hold down the power button to shut down nothing else works.

Also sometimes i get a black screen where the display turns off just before it freezes.
No BSOD so no dump
Attached is a snippet from event viewer but i don't really understand it....NEWB

No problems watching movies, listening to music etc.

Thanks in advance

A:W7 64 bit FREEZE when playing games or net

Hi,

I am experimenting a similar issue with a new Toshiba A505-S6020 that I recently bought.

Configuration:
4Gb.
500Gb.
Intel Core i5

Seems like sometimes the notebook freezes without any good reason. I need to reboot it completely and start again.

Anyone knows how I could get any further information about this crash? I am not sure why it happens, but I noticed that sometimes that happened after hibernating.

Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/55992-w7-64-bit-freeze-when-playing-games-net.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello everyone here at Win7 Forums! I've been lurking around looking for a way to fix this...

Every now and then when I start to play a game for a big (CSS/BF2/L4D/Gmod) Anything, really. My computer starts to freeze up, and skip it's audio. No BSOD's, no black screens, but just freezing.

My system specs are entered, so i shouldn't need to post them.

I really wish I could get some help on this as it's driving me insane!

A:Freeze when usually playing games.

my old computer has a similar problem, but it also happens when i'm not playing games. and for me when the computer freezes. The audio kinda freezes and the audio changes tone. Sorry can't do anything to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/61643-freeze-when-usually-playing-games.html
Relevancy 70.52%

can anyone help me?
my pc always freeze when playing 3d games like rohan or warcraft.

my specs.

Amd athlon 2.70ghz Black Edition
Emx-Amd780G-PRO+
4gb of ram
GeForce 9600 GT
Gigabyte Superb 550w
160 gb SATA

my cpu is not overheating, because it's too cold here. my windows is windows XP SP2. my fans are clean. i dont know why my pc always freeze. can someone tell me the problem and how to solve it.

A:mY pc always fReeze when pLaying 3d games

Hello and Welcome to TSF,

List temps and voltages here from the bios.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-pc-always-freeze-when-playing-3d-games-387258.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Problem Event Name AppHangB Application Name moh spearhead exe A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows Well after looking on so many threads and forums i have still not found a solution to why my games seem to crash like after mins of play even whats more strange i can be playing for over an hour sometimes and it will do the same again its becoming very frustrating for me I've read it could be either a hardware or software problem all my drivers are up too date i think I've done a memory diagnostic test did not find any errors Another thread i was reading said it's Direct x related Had and crash games desktop freeze All my help to plz this problem with ati cards before thinking of switching back to nvida because of personnel experiences they seem more stable I built my new computer myself All my games freeze and crash to desktop plz help back in January of this year i am from the uk and would really appreciate some help please I will post screen shots if needed anymore information you need feel free to ask - My specs are as follows AMD Athlon II X Processor GHz GB DDR MHz GB SATA III PSU OCZ Watt AMD Radeon HD GB Asus M A L-USB Speakers High Definition Audio Device Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit SP My cpu temps at idle are c and when gaming i never see it go pass the mark Gpu temps idle at c and when gaming i never seen it go over mark but i did a stress test while running a benchmark and it went as high as c I've read many comments on threads that the hd is just not a very good card i am looking into buying an alternative card don't know if this will fix my problems if anyone has any suggestions what would suit my system best i play games like battlefield skyrim batman arkham city crysis some older games to like the old medal of honor games and call of duty games

A:All my games freeze and crash to desktop plz help

First question would be, do you have any other games or apps that crash, or is it isolated to this particular game?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230042-all-my-games-freeze-crash-desktop-plz-help.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Before I wiped my hard-drive clean and reloaded the operating system ME I had no trouble playing D games The OS was reloaded because my original was corrupted during loading at the factory Reliant Systemax Since then every D game I try to play flickers in freeze/crash and flicker games 3D parts of the picture and crashes or freezes at unpredictable points in the game I have tried using Direct X Eradicator to uninstall version and reinstall version This does not correct the problem I have since re-downloaded and re-installed Direct X I still have the crash problem I use Dachshund Software s Anti-Crash program I also use MemTurbo and keep my RAM steady at of at one-minute intervals I have a Ghz Pentium processor and am only using of my GB 3D games flicker and freeze/crash hard drive I use McAfee Clinic to clean up my system weekly and I defragment my hard drive weekly Everything else works okay I have the most optimised driver for my video card Nvidea Riva Pro Only the D games give me 3D games flicker and freeze/crash problems The only other problem is that intermittently 3D games flicker and freeze/crash during shut down I get a blue screen stating quot Windows Protection Error quot but not every time What could be causing the problems nbsp

A:3D games flicker and freeze/crash

Did you try a different Operating system ? or try different nvidia drivers there is a lot of different drivers . Try Xp works great! or updates for your current Op ,Bios update may be in order as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3d-games-flicker-and-freeze-crash.120316/
Relevancy 70.52%

I recently bought a Gainward GT MB but I m having some troubles when running games - after I play something for example Modern Warfare NBA k for - minutes the screen just freezes then flickers and I gotta either close the game via task manager or reset my computer Or when I play a movie sometimes the screen freezes sound continues and then it goes back to normal in a few secs I thought my old W PSU was not after freeze/crash mins 10 or Games less powerful enough to supply the card Games freeze/crash after 10 mins or less sufficiently so I bought a new Fortron W but the problems remained Could this mean that my GPU is faulty It s about days old My computer specs are W PSU Intel C D E GHz x GB RAM Kingston DDRII HDD - Seagate GB SATA CD DVD ROM Gainward GT MB When I check the temperature after a game crashes it s about - degrees I did a RAM Check using memtest and i stressed the GPU using Video Card Stress Test It got up to degrees for about mins and got no artifacts or freezes or anything like that My CPU temps are I m using Windows XP SP and I ve installed the most recent drivers I ve tried using older drivers but that didnt work either Sometimes when games crash I also get a BSOD I opened the crash dump files and here s the info WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Machine Name Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x c Debug session time Mon Nov GMT System Uptime days Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for nv disp dll Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck EA d b c b ebcbc Unable to load image watchdog sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for watchdog sys ERROR - could not read driver name for bugcheck parameter Probably caused by nv disp dll nv disp CDP GPU lt CCurie gt CDP GPU lt CCurie gt So should I try some particular version of NVidia drivers Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Games freeze/crash after 10 mins or less

Sounds like u have some type of clocking issue or temp problem...

First use CPUz, check out all setings,
then use HW monitor, to check CPU temp, and MOBO temps, and voltages.
3.) use GPUz to check out your video card settings...
4.) run a MEM test in dos, to see if u have any falty ram...
5.) check all bios settings... something could be configured wrong.

well, thats all i'v got... hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-freeze-crash-after-10-mins-or-less.138575/
Relevancy 70.52%

SP All fullscreen games I play freezes the time it takes varies Sometimes after minutes other times after hours etc First the screen is sort of quot stretched quot and I can hardly see the game some parts of the screen are completly black others games freeze/crash Fullscreen got different colours And then if I try alt tab or ctrl alt delete out it freezes up completly and I have to restart the computer It does eventually freeze by itself from sec to over a minute without doing anything it can randomly completly freeze I have searched a little to try and find someone with the same problem I did find one and he got suggestions for motherboard and BIOS But if that is the problem I would like directions as to how I can update these quot Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC Model P N-D North Bridge NVIDIA nForce i SLI SPP Revision A South Bridge NVIDIA nForce i SLI MCP Revision A CPU Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz Cpu Socket Socket LGA System Slots PCI Memory Summary Maximum Capacity MBytes Maximum Memory Module Size MBytes Memory Slots quot That is what I got on my motherboard using a program called SIW quot Display Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX Video Processor GeForce GTX Video memory size MBytes Adapter DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC Display Drivers nv disp dll Inf File Name oem inf Inf Section Section quot That I got on my video card from SIW I don't know what to categorize this problem as so any information I havn't given which would be good to have Please give me a list and I will try to find everything

A:Fullscreen games freeze/crash

What brand and wattage PSU.

Post the temps and voltages from the BIOS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fullscreen-games-freeze-crash-432328.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi Please help I am having a problem for two days now with my games either freezing or crashing It only happens with games and it is all fine with videos and other software It all started two days ago when I was playing Skyrim The game crashed but I was tired and stopped playing that day Next day I tried to play again times and it would log my game but seconds after loading it it would freeze and then give me a black screen then back to the frozen screen black etc After that the th and th time I tried to launch the game games All Solved: freeze or crash it wouldn t even launch It would give me a white screen and I would hear the music in the background I thought the problem was with Skyrim so I decided to Play Shogun Total War and as soon as my game loaded it froze and kicked me back to the desktop I tried again with Shogun Total War and same result the second time I then tried Civilization V and it did the same with that game I then decided to try Napoleon Total War and this time instead of a freeze it gave me a BSOD I went through Steam and verified the in the Local Files Verified the Integrity of Game Cache and it all came out fine At that time I decided to check my Windows Updates and my computer is up to date with the latest update being the same night I started having problems Don t know if there is relation there or not I checked my ENVIDIA updates and there was an update that I needed to do so I updated my driver to GeForce and tried the games again but all still froze or crashed I ran the Windows Malicious Removal Tool and it came all fine I also ran sfc scannow in the cmd and result was Windows Resource Protection did not find any Solved: All games freeze or crash integrity violations I tried disabling Windows Defender which was the latest Windows Update and still nothing I went to msconfig and disabled all startup restarted still same I disabled all but Microsoft services in msconfig restarted still same I disabled my sound card still no fix I went to my advanced system settings to the performance settings and adjusted them for best performance and still no fix I checked the Event Viewer and I tons of Warnings and Errors Most of them are nvlddmkm errors so I did all the steps mentioned in http www instructables com id How-to-Fix-the-Nvlddmkm-Error Still after doing all of those nothing fixed my problem At the moment I have run out of solutions that I have read in several forums online I don t know what else I can do Any help is greatly appreciated I have attached both my DxDiag and Event Viewer as txt files thanks nbsp

A:Solved: All games freeze or crash

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Looking at your DXDiag I see the PC is a Dell, can you give us the Dell Service Tag number of the machine we we can look up the exact system specs.

Is the PC fully standard or have you changed or upgraded any hardware since you got it?

Can you download and install HWMonitor (its free). Run the program and screenshot it with your PC just sat at the desktop. If you can run any games, leave HWMonitor running and run a game for a couple of minutes then exit and screenshot HWMonitor again, post the two screenshots in a reply here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-all-games-freeze-or-crash.1104365/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi all, I am new here so sorry if this topic already exists. Anyway, here is my problem. Two days ago, whenever I play a game, watch youtube or watch movies, after about an hour of such an activity, my computer freezes for about a second, screen gets blurred with colors (actually, whatever is on screen at the moment of freezing is what gets murky), sound stops and then the computer restarts. It started after I installed web cam (hp pro web cam), though I am almost certain it is not because of it. I tried to update graphic driver and I have also uninstalled it and then reinstalled the latest ones, didn't help.
My configuration: Pentium 4 3ghz, 2gb ram, ATI 3650 hd, Maxtor x 2 (80 and 160), Chieftec 370w. Thanks in advance

A:Freeze and crash when playing video content

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter

When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/freeze-and-crash-when-playing-video-content-639569.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello I recently build this PC and it works fine for the most part Screen playing games. while Freeze but sometimes twice Screen Freeze while playing games. so far I got a weird screen Screen Freeze while playing games. freeze while playing games that I cant figure out myself I build this PC days ago so not sure what to make of it When the freeze happens it is a certain color with stripes from top to bottom I checked the log and it gave this error message Logboeknaam System Bron Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Datum - - Gebeurtenis-id Taakcategorie Niveau Kritiek Trefwoorden Gebruiker SYSTEM Computer Valerium-PC Beschrijving Het systeem is opnieuw opgestart zonder eerst correct te worden afgesloten Deze fout is mogelijk veroorzaakt doordat het systeem niet meer reageert of is vastgelopen of doordat de stroom is uitgevallen Gebeurtenis-XML lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Valerium-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Mind you this is in dutch but the message itself translates into quot The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly quot My hardware is PSU Corsair HW Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper CPU Intel I GPU XFX Radeon HD Ram GB OCZ Platinum cl low voltage OS Windows bit home premium Mobo MSI P -GD Sound G USB headset HD Samsung SpinPoint F gb SATA Case cooling shouldnt be the issue Speedfan shows everything is well within range Besides it happend in one game red faction guerilla within minutes so that just further proves it has nothing to do with cooling I read on other forums it has something to do with conflicting sound drivers maybe that could be it Please let me know

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/screen-freeze-while-playing-games-462495.html
Relevancy 70.09%

My problem is that everyone of the games I attempt to play freeze every single time I try to play them. They are just random lock-ups and the screen becomes a picture frame. I'm running XP Pro Service pack 2 I have an AMD Athlon(tm) Processor 1.2 GHz 256 Mb of Ram NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200 VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM) Maxtor 20 GB hard drive I tryed formatting my hard drive and reinstalling XP but all to no avail. My drivers are up to date. I even tryed rolling back my drivers to see if that would work. Any help would be greatly welcomed.

A:All games freeze within 30 mins of playing them

Please have a look in this thread, and go through the steps to help find your problem. Let us know what you find.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic44306.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-games-freeze-within-30-mins-of-playing-them.51450/
Relevancy 70.09%

My first time posting to a forum as I usually just read around Hi all I have read various freeze playing Computer games when forums and googled around and cannot figure out why my computer freezes when playing games My computer has frozen on Total War Rome since the fresh windows install Before it froze on BF Starcraft Assassins Creed Black Flag Civilization Dx and Dx and a few others This is a new build from February and began freezing suddenly about a week ago ish When I say quot freeze quot i mean the computer completely locks up I cant tab out or CTRL-ALT-DEL and the mouse just hangs I have gotten the BSOD - times but freezing is much more common My specs AMD FX - black edition GIGABYTE GTX gb furmark - points x gb G-Skill Windows Ultimate bit W consair PSU I have tried Fresh install of windows - Fully updated GPU Stress test p Furmark - min c max c GPU drivers are up to date memtest - passes on each stick change settings to quot power saver quot I am stuck and hopefully these debugger reports can help me Thank you to anyone reading this

A:Computer freeze when playing games

Hello,

Seems the dump files are not in there. Go to this folder: C:\Windows\Minidump, check if there are any files in there.

If not, follow this Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD to make sure it is configured properly.

Other than that.

Quote:
memtest86 - 4 passes on each stick

You want to run memtest for atleast 8 passes. Preferably over night.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/330436-computer-freeze-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I first got SC at release and GAMES PC to Screen freeze/crash Black had issues GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen with the GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen game crashing I followed some forum threads and managed to get it fixed can't remember how Recently I got the Walking Dead game which crashed my computer just a few minutes into the game After a few attempts I turned down the graphics and was able to play the game Since then every time I've tried to play SC it has crashed The screen locks up changes to some funky colors and goes to a black screen Have to force shut down and boot it back up Since then I have updated drivers disassembled my PC and cleaned everything out with compressed air changed power supplies both Antec Ws added a nd hard drive from an older computer formatted everything reinstalled everything updated all drivers again downloaded Live Update from MSI website to update bios had some terrible issues with that which I won't go into for now but according to the updater the BIOS is up to date now I use SlimDrivers to update all my drivers System Specs from MSINFO OS - Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Version Build Model - MS- CPU - AMD Phenom tm II X Processor MHz RAM - GB DDR GPU - GeForce GTX GB Installed Drivers nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um I'm truly at a loss right now because I've tried everything I know to do Any help is appreciated Thanks

A:GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen

I would suggest some hardware checks.

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229663-games-freeze-crash-pc-black-screen.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi,

Whenever I play music, the system crashes. This has been happening the past 2 months and is very annoying since I am used to continuous music.

The memory.dmp file is uploaded here -

Megashares - Drag. Drop. Yup. The first site to provide FREE file hosting with drag n drop support.

Hope someone can throw some light over this tragic situation.

Thank you,

thezyklon

A:system crash/freeze/restart while playing audio

Follow these instructions
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/142928-system-crash-freeze-restart-while-playing-audio.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello Screen/Freeze Black when playing Games. I have started playing Guild Wars after the first couple of days my game started to freezing and black screen to desktop before going back into game to only black screen again At times my monitor would say no signal The problem disappeared for close to days and came back up again I've tried playing other games and the problem is similar freezing to desktop black screen and crashing to desktop During the black screen to desktop I would get 'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered' I have updated to a few different drivers including the latest stable driver from Nvidia but the problem still exists I have ran VMT for passes with no errors Prime Small FFTs for over hours with no errors Running FurMark the test does complete when I run BenchMark user's setting when I do the Burn In-Test Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games. everything looks okay Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games. until my GPU hits c The computer would shut off then Though when I play games my gpu varies between to c Guild Wars Dump File when not responding https files Gw rar I have rebooted windows but the problem still exists I've had this computer for just over years now Specs Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit CPU Intel Core i GHz C Lynnfield nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P P D LE LGA C Graphics SMB HD x Hz MB GeForce GTX nVidia C Currently using Beta Drivers Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem is Or if I can do anything else to determine the problem UPDATE I got a blackscreen while watching a video on youtube 'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered' Thanks for the time and help dump file ATTACH SF ATTACH

A:Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games.

Welcome aboard, Laughing.

Please post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions so that we may have the necessary information that we need to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/254341-black-screen-freeze-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 69.23%

This is getting really frustrating... I can be sim racing or whatnot and the game freezes on the screen yet keeps playing in the background. The game continues to work but the screen is stuck.

My video card then resets itself (changes resolution, refresh rate, or colour quality). GPU temp is 78C, card is a Radeon 9800XT.

Why does it keep doing this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/images-freeze-on-screen-games-keep-playing.648777/
Relevancy 69.23%

OS Windows bit Happened with XPPRO aswell PSU Coolmax w Processor Pentium D x model number SL AP Motherboard Biostar TP Random when freeze games/streaming playing E Combo VGA GTX Random freeze when playing games/streaming SE HD WesDig CaviarGreen tb RAM g ddr corsair Since the problem has occured i've replaced the motherboard ram and video card Note The SL AP processor says it matches any socket But biostars tp e motherboard doesnt list SL AP as supported- would the computer be able to even powerup if this was an issue ALSO my computers powerup process is questionably long it will take about seconds to bring me to the quot Tseries quot motherboard screen after powerup this is without CD drive plugged in If i plug the cd drive in it will take - seconds before mobo screen could this point to power supply This is not an issue that occurred at first when the freezing started and my guess is its from a deteriorating psu any suggestions questions In event viewer at every instance of the crash it will report errors and critical EventLog ID Kernel-Power ID EventLog ID probably too broad of errors but im doing what i can to make myself useful

A:Random freeze when playing games/streaming

try 2 things,

A. Go to C:\Windows\minidumps and see if there are any recent .dmp files in there

B. I think it may be realated to the processer it's self,
Also check youre temps, are they high?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-freeze-when-playing-games-streaming-552884.html
Relevancy 69.23%

This is the image that my friend gets when he plays a high quality YouTube video or decides to play a PC Game: http://imgur.com/e6VHY http://i.imgur.com/rqsad.jpg
The laptop then locks up and freezes with that weird screwed up mosaic.
Any thoughts on why this might be? Is it a graphics problem? CPU? Should he be re-installing his OS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/playing-videos-or-pc-games-causes-laptop-to-freeze.1004061/
Relevancy 69.23%

what problem cause my computer always hang when playing any type of game even i juz open internet box it will hang, need to keep restarting my computer

A:Solved: my computer Freeze when playing games

Howdy,

Some info on your PC would help like desktop laptop

you can also use the system info utility from this site below

TSG System Information Utility

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-computer-freeze-when-playing-games.1056749/
Relevancy 68.8%

recently my graphics card seems to be having problems, because when ever i run a game and actually start playing the game freezes and crashes, wit those weird out colours spreading accros the screen. any ideas would help?

system specs:

amd athlon 64bit 3000+
512mb ram
256mb ati radeon 9550
80gb seagate barracuda

Edit: Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

A:Games freeze and crash with weird colours on screen.

Do the weird color patterns disappear after you quit the game you were trying to play? How do you manage to get rid of the weird colors spreading across the screen?

Make sure you have the latest Radeon Catalyst driver for your graphics card.

Here are the newest drivers for your video card for Windows XP Pro/Home:
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/radeonx-xp.html

Click on the "Installation Instructions" on that page if you need them.

Make sure you uninstall the previous ones first. Keep us posted!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-freeze-and-crash-with-weird-colours-on-screen.66835/
Relevancy 68.37%

This first occurred this past Thursday when I came into the room the screensaver appeared to be frozen and I could see what looked like little blue squiggly lines on the screensaver I manually restarted the computer and everything seemed alright However the next night while online the mouse started to slow down to a crawl and eventually froze Again I had XPS while (and Freeze/Crash 630 media doing playing at Complete nothing) times - Dell to manually restart It next happened once when I was doing a scan with Spybot S amp D and again while attempting to watch a video with VLC player audio suddenly froze up and repeated over and over with the quot da-da-da-da-da-da quot like sound when something is Dell XPS 630 - Complete Freeze/Crash while playing media (and at times doing nothing) really stuck bad I called Dell and they told me to hit F and run some tests Dell XPS 630 - Complete Freeze/Crash while playing media (and at times doing nothing) I ran EVERY test and everything passed no errors ASIDE from the CPU fan speed being incorrect and the Blu-Ray RW not passing it s self test The next time I started up everything went pretty smoothly for a couple of hours I was able to watch a youtube video and listen to an mp on Winamp However I was wrong in thinking the worst was over I began to watch another video with VLC Player and six or so minutes into it the audio made that wonderful sound of being frozen and the video stopped I attempted to exit the player to no avail Another restart which happened on it s own after I left the computer sit for a few moments after this freeze and I figured I d remove everything having to do with video and audio that I had installed and reinstall During the process of uninstalling the Vista Codec package I was listening to another mp on Winamp I had it on repeat and it played about four times song was about min long I selected another song uninstalling had finished at this point and seconds into the song it froze up and during my attempts to ctrl alt del to bring up the task manager the screen flickered constantly interesting to note that while I held down ctrl alt del the music resumed playing for a bit I really don t know what caused this to happen I haven t installed ANY new hardware or software save for the Windows Updates I run anti-virus I use avast and spyware I use Spybot S amp D nightly so I doubt this is the cause I really don t want to have to do a system restore factory reset I don t have enough DVD s or space on the Dell Data Safe to backup the nearly GB I have on this drive HELP please Tech Specs XPS Intel Core processorQ Ghz FSB w Quad Core Technology and MB cache GB Corsair Dominator DDR SDRAM MHz - DIMMs nVidia GeForce GX MB GB NCQ SATA Hard Drive RPM w MB DataBurst Cache Microsoft Windows Vista SP Home Premium Edition English nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-xps-630-complete-freeze-crash-while-playing-media-and-at-times-doing-nothing.761032/
Relevancy 68.37%

Since i got this computer i get this crash when playing any game I have a photo of my screen in this link http games Crash when playing i imgur com p Ve IC jpg The sound carries on but breaks up the computer is entirely unresponsive Switching the computer off and on again via power button works fine and the computer starts up normally I know it isn t an overheating issue the cpus and graphics card are around C when this happens The frequency of crashes doesn t seem to Crash when playing games depend on the game whether its a year old game or skyrim on full whack the crashes happen Crash when playing games at about the same rate I ve been through my drivers and updated everything anyone know what might cause this Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - S CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon R Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total Crash when playing games - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC M AD Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi Guys nbsp Anyone knows why Lenovo Y hang freeze in the middle of the game before start of the game I just nbsp received the new laptop days ago Based from the event log this is due to the SensorDataService Anyone knows how to fix this nbsp Ive encounter the hang freeze x already and you cant do anything but to press the power button to turn it off on nbsp Below are the errors ived encounter based on the event log The description for Event ID from source SensorDataService cannot be found Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted You can install or repair the when Lenovo hang/Freeze games playing Y700 component on the local computer If the event originated on another computer the display information had to be saved with the event The following information was included with the event failed to create config file nbsp Faulting application name SensorDataService exe Lenovo Y700 hang/Freeze when playing games version time stamp x d b Faulting module name ntdll dll version time stamp x d Exception code xc Fault offset x edfacFaulting process id x cFaulting application start time x d f b b Faulting application path C Windows System SensorDataService exeFaulting module path C Windows SYSTEM ntdll dllReport Id cc e - - a -b a-bfa c cFaulting package full name Faulting package-relative application ID nbsp

A:Lenovo Y700 hang/Freeze when playing games

Seems like this is a windows file and the reasons could be as wide as corrupt registry entry to a corrupt windows installation.

Usually to check for windows errors, click on start then open CMD with admin rights
Type scannow /f
See if any error pop up

Since its a new laptop, you can try to Reset the PC to factory settings and install softwares carefully. Its possible the some software corrupted this file.
To Reset the PC (Note - This will delete all personal data) -
1) Shutdown laptop.
2) Press One key recovery button
3) Select (Advanced options) Troubleshoot > Reset this PC

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-hang-Freeze-when-playing-games/td-p/2265618
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey, im having the most annoying problems. Fresh install for windows 7 ultimate x64, never experienced problems like this before. So whats happening, first off when i went to install windows 7 it took 6 times to get an install without problems. Secondly now that ive got a good install, im experiencing numerous problems. I've had 3 bsod's and a few times a day im experiencing crashes like i haven't seen before. The whole computer freezes. i cant even turn num lock on my keyboard and worst of all i cant even click the restart button i actually have to turn it off at the mains. i normally experience this when playing a game, but non of my components are overheating, i think it could be my hard drive as i had the problems installing software on previous windows installation.

Any idea's how to fix this?

A:Random computer Freeze whilst playing games and w

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/280679-random-computer-freeze-whilst-playing-games-w.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Whenever Complete videos music, games playing freeze or I ve tried to play music a dvd or video of any sort or play a game my computer Complete freeze playing music, videos or games has been getting complete freeze ups The problem only started around - days ago I play music in Itunes and this Complete freeze playing music, videos or games is where the problem started however I have also tried using winamp and vlc but I get the same problem I can get anywhere between seconds and minutes of music before the problem occurs Complete freeze playing music, videos or games but when it does it locks up the whole computer i can move my mouse around but nothing can be clicked no keyboard commands are working ctrl alt del alt f etc When the song freezes it will constantly loop the second of the song that it froze on but no other worrying sounds are made by any part of the computer If I m watching a video I once again get between seconds and minutes before a problem occurs the audio will carry on as normal but the video will hang and thats when the whole computer freezes Once again no keyboard commands work and the mouse can move but not interact When playing games everything is fine until i try to close the game or click or alt tab away from it then it will get caught half way between the command and freeze up the entire computer just like the other causes of freezing The only way I can un-freeze my computer is to turn it off at the power button or using the restart button I ve used various anti-virus registry cleaner diagnostic tools etc but nothing seems to have helped the situation a system restore to a time before the problem occured didnt come up with any promising results either If anyone has any ideas of something to try it d be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

hi guys . im new here, im pretty lost ive done almost everything my laptop freezes in random times majority when playing games.alt+ctrl +del doesnt work mouse and keyboard you need to press the power button again to reboot.

BTW: i wanted to do a clean reinstall but i cant do it since my rig is OEM and it was upgraded from vista to win7 .

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire 1410
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version v0.3108
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Solo CPU U3500 @ 1.40GHz, ~1.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2974MB RAM
Page File: 1462MB used, 4485MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows

its a pretty old laptop.

IVE DONE:
im pretty sure its not an overheating issue.
Malwarebytes scan .
update the all the drivers.
update the windows updates.
also this happened after i deleted an annoying virus in chrome.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389809-random-freeze-laptop-when-playing-games-surfing.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi Whenever i play games i freeze sometimes It's a complete lock up where i have to hard reboot by pressing power button I've had BSOD twice (Skylake games Freeze/lock playing up when build) see info below but maybe freezes Specs i k skylake Gigabyte z XP-SLI GB Ram Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR Sapphire Nitro R Crucial BX GB SSD EVGA G W This is what i've tried so far Reset Bios Reset GPU Updated to latest GPU driver Updated to latest BIOS driver Freeze/lock up when playing games (Skylake build) Changed from Avast to Bitdefender Chipset audio disabled Chipset GPU disabled hour prime blend - c max hour prime small FFT - c max hour prime small FFT - c passes i memtest errors Uninstalled MagicISO Temps c GPU and - c CPU when gaming BSOD Dump File - - dmp Crash Time - - Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff e Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp ldr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time - - Need serious help Any experts out there Thank you

A:Freeze/lock up when playing games (Skylake build)

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location. (By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop)
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
While waiting for a reply, please run the rest of these diagnostics (skip the MemTest and Prime95 as you've already done them):  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613847/freezelock-up-when-playing-games-skylake-build/
Relevancy 68.37%

so when I bought my computer in the start i had a few troubles in playing league of legends like screen freeze for 15 secs during game but they went away somehow.........Now after 8 moths theyre back again and i dont know what to do...i play a game with atleast 8-10 screen freezes each for a same 15 sec wherein screen gets stuck and mouse is moving but on pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL even mouse gets stuck for the duration
my ram looked fine when i reinserted it today but still i couldnt get rid of that freeze after which a message comes "display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered"...it go upto 45-46 degree temperature only i checked while gaming pls suggest a method or i attempt to replace gpu under warranty if its ITS fault

A:Screen Freeze while playing League of legends and other games

Use speccy to gain insight to your temperatures to make sure your pc is not running to hot.

Speccy - Advanced System Information Tool

Do you have updated drivers for your graphics card?

AMD Driver Autodetect

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/329150-screen-freeze-while-playing-league-legends-other-games.html
Relevancy 68.37%

bought lenovo ideapad y510p a month ago and its been a havoc since. every time i play games, it begins to freeze or hang after 20-30 minutes. im running windows 8 64bit factory installed. all the drivers are from lenovo itself. this is very frustrating and i feel like cheated after buying 1300$ USD notebook that doesn't runs well.

seeking professional help to rectify this.
Computer Type Laptop
System Manufacturer/Model Number Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p
OS Windows 8
CPU 4th Gen Intel? Core? i7 4700 QM
Motherboard Lenovo VIQY0Y1 (U3E1)
Memory 8 GB (2x4GB DDR3 L1600)
Graphics Card Nvidia GeForce GT 755M and Intel HD Graphics 4600
Sound Card Realtek
Monitor(s) Displays 1920x1080
Screen Resolution 1920x1080

A:System Freeze while playing any games on ideapad y510p

updated log with latest dumps. please move this thread back to bsod section

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/43671-system-freeze-while-playing-any-games-ideapad-y510p.html
Relevancy 68.37%

every time i play fable or fear my whole pc will just lockup/frezze at random locations within the games whilst playing it for about 3 -10 mins
the whole screen freezes in places and i get a sound loop of the last second till i finally hit the reset button
other games like brothers in arms hl2 wow or warhammer 40k run just fine for hours without problems
i tried almost anything to fix the problem upgraded the drivers, downgraded them, disabled fast write, set agp to 4x, lowerd apperture size disabled my sound and network card etc
system specs:
xp 2600
512 ddr ram
3d club gf 6600 gt
abit nforce2 nf7
windows xp pro. + sp2

A:lockup/freeze while playing specific games with 6600gt

3d club? where did you get that card and how much did you pay for it? also, see if you can get and apply the patest patches for said games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lockup-freeze-while-playing-specific-games-with-6600gt.35722/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello!
I just built my computer and everything seems to be fine,
however when ever i play a game for longer than 20 mins I get a blue screen of death saying "dumping physical memory to disk" here are some specific details about the error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050031
BCP3: 00000000000006F8
BCP4: FFFFF9600011ACDC
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0

If anyone could help me out I would be very grateful! I would like to be able to finish at least one game of left 4 dead 2 before my computer crashes!!
Thx

A:Playing Games causes my computer to Crash!!

Hello and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please use this instruction:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/133543-playing-games-causes-my-computer-crash.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have this problem with my PC My system will crash after about mins of playing games The monitor will just display a white screen When I reboot the monitor will just display green and red lines And when I try to reboot again the system will not respond I need to unplug the power cable just to turn it off I already tried the following solutions but to no avail - reformat my PC - used windows nd ed as OS - changed my power supply unit from W to W - replaced my playing will games crash System when videocard with the same model under warranty - updated by video card driver to the latest driver - updated the AGP driver - open the casing while playing games - check if my memory is ok using memtest program Here are the specs of my PC -P Ghz -ECS L SA MOBO SiS AGP X - MB PC DDR stick - GB Seagate HD -Inno D FX Ultra Mb - W PSU -WinXP Professional Can someone help me with this problem Thanks nbsp

A:System will crash when playing games

Let's first see if theirs any hardcore errors in event viewer. In order to get into event viewer click on start, control panel, admin tools, event viewer. Take a look into applications and sytem and see if their are any errors around the same time as the game crashed. This may give you a lead as to what failed when the game crashed.

Also does this happen on just one game or is it all games? It could just be a simple game patch

If you need more assistance just post back!
Good luck
TC
rockinmale

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-will-crash-when-playing-games.250558/
Relevancy 67.94%

First of all sorry for my english games drivers crash and GPU playing when its not my main languange So i bought pc days ago with this specifications AMD fx quad core Ghz CPUs Ati radeon hd gb gddr Kingston hyper-x blue GPU and drivers crash when playing games RAM gb on mhz Computer case Chieftec CQ- B- -FOP Monitor phillips E full HD So my problem is whenever i start any game my screen goes black than it comes back than again black or it shows strange lines across the monior which can be green gray or blue from time to time Ive checked my temperatures while Im playing and they arent going above C Ive updated my VGA drivers and audio driver my audio driver fixed rustle So i cant find GPU and drivers crash when playing games problem why is my GPU and drivers crash when playing games pc restarting and showing me BSOD when i run any game even the old CoD series I hope you can help me solve this issue Here is the picture of screen how it looks when that thing happens http i imgur com LaoVv jpg - found it on google and here is my system dump file - - dmp And I ve notice on BSOD there is atikmdag sys or atikmpag sys causing me this troubles I hope there is some expert there who can read dump files S help me please nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpu-and-drivers-crash-when-playing-games.1060149/
Relevancy 67.94%

hello everyone,

im getting an issue when im playing games. or any games the computer completely crash or sometimes freeze i get white screen so what to do ?

A:windows 8 crash when playing games

Lower resolution and/or graphics quality? Perhaps they are set too high for you system. I've had no issues gaming on W8 at all. Go to canirunit.com and see what it says.

Also, do you have any mods installed for that game? If so, you will have to disable/enable one at a time to determine which mod is causing the crash (at least from my experience with Skyrim)

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/48319-windows-8-crash-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 67.94%

A while back, I upgraded from windows xp to windows 7 64bit.

Sense then my computer has crashed constantly while playing games. I can keep it on for hours working on Zbrush, 3ds max or photo shop, but with games I keep crashing. Sometimes its quick and vicious.Other times is slow and cruel. Letting me enjoy my favourite games for about four hours before dying before my very eyes.

I tried reformatting the computer, this did not work. I tried sending it in on service, they found nothing wrong with the hardware.

It is getting really annoying, not to mention depressing. if anyone here knows what I can do to solve this, I'd be very grateful.

A:Computer crash while playing games.

Right ckick on the geme icon, choose poprerties,,compabiliy.

Disble visiul themes and disable desktop composition. When yoiu enter the game. they shut down and return to normal when you close the game. Worth trying. sorted an few issues for me.

This should be a stickie. I type it often enough.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crash-while-playing-games.1068187/
Relevancy 67.94%

I recently upgraded my PC by buying a new CPU AMD 5200+ 2.70Ghz overclocked to 3.0Ghz and all games started crashing.Here's my PC's specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte-GA69VM-S2
CPU: AMD 5200+ 2.70Ghz currently 3.00Ghz
Video Card: Galaxy GTS250 512MB GDDR3
RAM: 3x1GB Super Talent
HDD: Seagate 500GB
PSU: Fortron 400W
2xDVD-RWs

For example when I start GTA IV the PSU starts making a loud noise and after 15 min the game freezes.Not only GTA IV but Crysis,Metro 2033,Need for Speed Shift...

All temperatures are normal except the motherboard. It was stable until I bought the new CPU. The old one was AMD 4000+ 2.1Ghz
CPU:30 to 40 degrees on standby when playing maximum 60
Video Card:45 degrees on standby and up to 65 while playing
Motherboard: 45 degrees on standby and up to 67 when playing
All help would be appreciated

A:Most games crash while playing. Could this be a PSU problem?

Yes it sounds like a problem. The next thing you're going to hear is probably a "pop," if you're unlucky. Upgrade to a quality 450 watt psu or higher, asap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/most-games-crash-while-playing-could-this-be-a-psu-problem.152184/
Relevancy 67.94%

I usually get random crashes to desktop and BSOD's/reboots when playing Elite Dangerous.
I have all updated drivers...

Any help is appreciated. I hope I captured all the dump files correctly.
If not I can change the settings and create some new ones.

JT-GAMING-PC1-Wed_12_31_2014_111807_91.zip

A:Crash and reboot when playing certain games

Hi jthompson333 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

Code:
**************************Wed Dec 31 21:38:15.271 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\123114-6453-01.dmp]

Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (8 procs) Free x64

Built by: 9600.17476.amd64fre.winblue_r5.141029-1500

System Uptime: 1 days 14:36:38.857

Probably caused by : Npfs.SYS ( Npfs!NpFsdWrite+80 )

BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd000274ba520, ffffd000274ba478, 0}
BugCheck Info: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A LIST_ENTRY has been corrupted (i.e. double remove).
Arg2: ffffd000274ba520, Address of the trap frame for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: ffffd000274ba478, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Reserved
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x139

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: LIST_ENTRY_CORRUPT

PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x139_3_Npfs!NpFsdWrite

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz"

MaxSpeed: 4000

CurrentSpeed: 4080

BIOS Version 1304

BIOS Release Date 07/11/2014

Manufacturer ASUS

Product Name All Series

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Tue Dec 30 07:01:12.959 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\122914-5765-01.dmp]

Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (8 procs) Free x64

Built by: 9600.17476.amd64fre.winblue_r5.141029-1500

System Uptime: 0 days 3:52:35.585

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::CloseOneAllocation+1a895 )

BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd0002125cfd0, ffffd0002125cf28, 0}
BugCheck Info: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A LIST_ENTRY has been corrupted (i.e. double remove).
Arg2: ffffd0002125cfd0, Address of the trap frame for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: ffffd0002125cf28, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Reserved
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x139

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: LIST_ENTRY_CORRUPT

PROCESS_NAME: EliteDangerous

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x139_3_dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::CloseOneAllocation

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz"

MaxSpeed: 4000

CurrentSpeed: 4080

BIOS Version 1304

BIOS Release Date 07/11/2014

Manufacturer ASUS

Product Name All Series

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

Below is a list of 3rd party drivers present on your system -

Code:
**************************Wed Dec 31 21:38:15.271 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
LGBusEnum.sys Tue Nov 24 07:06:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)
LGVirHid.sys Tue Nov 24 07:06:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)
AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 3 08:17:59 2010 (4C57835F)
ASUSFILTER.sys Tue Sep 20 21:16:33 2011 (4E78B559)
AiChargerPlus.sys Thu Apr 19 06:47:35 2012 (4F8F67AF)
AsIO.sys Wed Aug 22 15:24:47 2012 (5034AC67)
asmtufdriver.sys Fri Sep 28 16:25:29 2012 (50658221)
IOMap64.sys Tue Jul 2 13:57:47 2013 (51D28F03)
intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 14:16:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
nxusbf.sys Mon Nov 4 23:22:15 2013 (5277DECF)
nxusbs.sys Mon Nov 4 23:22:18 2013 (5277DED2)
nxusbh.sys Tue Nov 12 23:23:14 2013 (52826B0A)
asmtxhci.sys Thu Jan 9 14:46:37 2014 (52CE68F5)
asmthub3.sys Thu Jan 9 14:46:42 2014 (52CE68FA)
nxfs.sys Mon Feb 24 16:23:25 2014 (530B24A5)
TeeDriverx64.sys Thu Mar 13 23:51:52 2014 (5321F7... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/59339-crash-reboot-when-playing-certain-games.html
Relevancy 67.94%

It only crashes when I play a PC game causing all the icons next to the clock to close forcing me to reboot the programs that are their I scanned with spybot and adaware and CWswedder Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS playing games Explorer.exe when crash pc system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Documents and Settings Neo Desktop AIMExpansion exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files STOPzilla Stopzilla exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pr PeerGuardian b pr exe C Documents and Settings Neo Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Explorer.exe crash when playing pc games Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - E F Explorer.exe crash when playing pc games - - D - F B- D B D - C WINDOWS System StopzillaBHO dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run STOPzilla C Program Files STOPzilla Stopzilla exe autorun O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run DeadAIM rundll exe quot C Program Files AIM DeadAIM ocm quot ExportedCheckODLs O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console HKLM O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extra button WeatherBug HKCU O - Plugin for bcf C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPBelv dll O - DPF C A -C - F-A D -FB D D preload control - http www thepaymentcentre com build preload cab O - DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - Shockwave ActiveX Control - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs director sw cab O - DPF B D CC-C B - A -A D-CC A F C MiniBugTransporterX Class - http download weatherbug com minibug tricklers AWS MiniBugTransporter cab RND O - DPF BCB- D A- D -A B- DA DE RdxIE Class - http software-dl real com ee ab a ee netzip RdxIE cab O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net e a ef housecall antivirus com housecall xscan cab O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x unicode iuctl CAB O - DPF A -E AC- -BC E- D A E A E SassCln Object - http www microsoft com security controls SassCln CAB O - DPF C E B D- A - B - E -E F B NsvPlayX Control - http www nullsoft com nsv embed nsvplayx vp aac cab O - DPF CA DCC-A - -B F- F C E C Downloader Class - https w... Read more

Relevancy 67.94%

Since I changed my graphics card, My computer started to crash in some of the games I play as:

battlefield 3
battlefield 4
Evolve
Dishonord 

And more..

My pc specs:

SAHAR-PC.LOG   113.66KB
  5 downloads

Please Help

A:pc crash durning playing games

Since I changed my graphics card, My computer started to crash in some of the games I play as:

battlefield 3
battlefield 4
Evolve
Dishonord 

And more..

My pc specs:
SAHAR-PC.LOG

Please Help

Driver Date:                            29-Nov-2015

update your drivers at http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623519/pc-crash-durning-playing-games/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello ive had my computer for about years now ive never had this random crashing problem ever ive had some problems dealing with unplugged cords but other than that nothing All of the sudden last week it started crashing randomly while i was playing games It stopped for about days and now it's doing it again It makes every :( win playing while Random crash games 7 game unplayable due to random crash restarts after a random time in the game If anyone can help me i would very much appreciate it because i can not do anything other than browse and stuff on my computer Here's my system info as Random crash while playing games :( win 7 of today System Information report written at System Name ADMIN-PC System Summary C Users Admin Documents Sysinf nfo Item Value OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name ADMIN-PC System Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group System Model TZ B System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Admin-PC Admin Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Now here's the last errors in order leading up to the crash Kernel-Event Tracer Error code - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing quot Guid quot B EC -BDB - -BC -F FDC D CA quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Admin lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Admin-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot SessionName quot gt Microsoft Security Client OOBE lt Data gt lt Data Name quot FileName quot gt C ProgramData Microsoft Microsoft Security Client Support EppOobe etl lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot LoggingMode quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Eventlog error ID - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot EventLog quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Admin-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt PM lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt DF C DF C C B lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Eventlog error ID Event processing task - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Eventlog quot Guid quot fc ddd -d ef- - d - e cfe ce quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Security lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Admin-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt UserData gt - lt AuditEventsDropped ... Read more

A:Random crash while playing games :( win 7

Try a clean startup - Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Then a System Restore to a date prior to the issue - System Restore

If still happening:
Follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
Make sure the zip file includes the dmp file/s. If not, configure a small memory dump - Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD and wait/trigger another BSOD. then re-run the "Dm log collector" and attach the new report.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/375016-random-crash-while-playing-games-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Ok here s the story I am a gamer I play some games on my computer Not a ton but a few And most of the time the games work great no story needed here However I ve noticed an odd crash that happens when I play more intense games ones that I have downloaded The games that the crash happens when I play are Mine craft Guild Wars and crash Why when games? does my computer playing Edge Of Space a beta game The only thing I can find in common with these Why does my computer crash when playing games? games is I bought them all They all had to be downloaded The all have large over worlds That s honestly it Now let me tell you what the crash itself does First the computer screen goes ALL black The monitor is still on Why does my computer crash when playing games? but the monitor light says it s sleeping and nothing I can do can wake it back up Also usually if there was any sound playing when the crash happened the sound that had just played in the last few seconds will repeat on a short loop for about - seconds before the sound stops with a dull whine No keys do anything moving the mouse does nothing turning the monitor on and off does nothing The only thing that will fix this Is holding down the power button and turning it back on or just unplugging the computer itself I highly doubt this is a virus as the games are all coming from pretty trustworthy websites and I have a Why does my computer crash when playing games? safe computer Also this crash only happens when I play these games Also something that might be very important Rune scape DOES NOT crash or if it does it happens very rarely since I don t ever remember it crashing I had to download it and it has a big over world also but the graphics are unimpressive and it was free However the graphics for mine craft and edge of space are also unimpressive and they still have the crash I ve looked around and I think it might be a overheating problem I don t think it s problem with the cards because the games DO load and work fine until the crash Also something worth noting I m not using the monitor that came with my computer It s a older model then the one that came with my computer since that one broke Is that part of it Does anyone know what s going on Can I PLEASE get some specific help nbsp

A:Why does my computer crash when playing games?

Hi and Welcome to TSG!

First of all, you have not told us what computer you have. This makes it very hard to provide any level of help for your situation. Please run the TSG System Information Utility and post the results back here in a reply. If your computer is a prebuilt system from a company such as Dell, HP etc please also provide us with the make and model #. If it is a Dell computer please also provide the service tag which will be located on a sticker on your computer. If you have made any changes to a prebuilt system please also list them (eg additional graphics card: added a GeForce 650 ti). For your situation we also need to know what PSU you have, please post the make, model # and wattage.

One possibility is that your computer is overheating as you suspected. There are a number of monitoring programs which will give you the temperature of various components in your computer. However, these can be unreliable. Unless its a program designed for your computer.

Another possibility is that you are overloading your computer and your power supply is insufficient. Please provide the voltages across the 3.3V, 5V and 12V rails. These can either be found in your BIOS or from monitoring software as mentioned above.

Generic Monitoring programs include SpeedFan, HWMonitor Pro, Pc-Wizard, Open Hardware Monitor, Real Temp and Core Temp.

As generic programs I recommend you use both SpeedFan and HWMonitor Pro. Attach screen shots of both programs to a reply. Attach two screen shots from each, one just after turning on your system from a cold boot and the other from after you have put a bit of load on your system. IF you have a game which allows you to access your desktop whilst its running, this would be the best way to apply load to your system.

Please reply including EVERYTHING asked for in this post. That includes the TSG system info results, your computer make and model if it has one along with a service tag if its Dell, your PSU make, model and wattage, if a prebuilt system list any changes you made to it since you bought it and finally the 4 screen shots asked for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-my-computer-crash-when-playing-games.1118366/
Relevancy 67.94%

I built my pc a couple of months ago and was a big dissapointment from the beginning I bought this pc to be able to play high quality games but whenever i do it eventually crashes causing a weird image on my screen either completely orange grey with black stripes black screen or pink It sometimes also causes a quot buzzing quot sound whenever this happens Sometimes when i m talking to friends on skype i can still talk to them after the crash I can t control my computer whatsoever but i can still communicate to my friends through skype The only way to be able to use my pc again is to turn it on and off by the power switch At Solved: while games PC crash playing first Solved: PC crash while playing games i thought it was overheating so Solved: PC crash while playing games i got new fans My pc never gets hotter than degrees while playing the high quality games Overheating was not the problem Then i thought it was my power supply because it was extremely cheap and came with the case Now i have one of the best power supplies voted by the community Turns out that was not the problem either All drivers i can find is up to date and i don t know where to go from here My specs are Motherboard ASRock Z M mATX HDD GB Western Digital Caviar blue SATA MB RPM Processor Intel Core i K Ghz RAM Corsair GB CL MHz VENGEANCE Graphics card Gigabyte HD GB Power Supply Seasonic X-Series W plus gold nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Just started recently I happened to get some kind of virus that my playing when reboot crash games most security app antivir detected but only partially got rid of I still get an error on startup that it can t find quot imerih dll quot or something like that but I don t know how to further remove the virus Now when I play most of my games Dawn of War LOTRO etc I crash to a reboot after anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes depending crash reboot when playing most games on the game One of my games Left crash reboot when playing most games Dead runs with absolutely no problems but it s the only one I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers and just giving myself more memory in case it was running out of memory or something but nothing has worked I have an ATI x crossfire which is now considered quot legacy quot Thanks for your time Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C crash reboot when playing most games WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Tools Diskeeper DkService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system CCM CLICOMP RemCtrl Wuser exe C WINDOWS system CCM CcmExec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared DirectX Extensions DXDebugService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS system taskswitch exe C Multimedia ITunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Microsoft Firewall Client FwcMgmt exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Games Steam steam exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings RJ local Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings RJ local Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings RJ local Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings RJ local Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings RJ local Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings RJ local Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings RJ local Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings RJ local Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings RJ local Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings RJ local Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings RJ local Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings RJ local Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings RJ local Local Settings Application Da... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crash-reboot-when-playing-most-games.933335/
Relevancy 67.51%

Alright so after reinstalling drivers for my Nvidia Geforce GTX updating Java updating windows completely I am still at a loss as to how to go about fixing this problem When playing anything graphics-intensive Minecraft Skyrim or any video game I will get about minutes of gameplay and then the screen will freeze while the audio sounds like it is grinding to a halt Only after rebooting in safemode where windows gives me a error screen that contains this message Code Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA D 116 games. Freeze playing BCCode video Skyrim, Minecraft, and other C E BCP FFFFF Freeze playing Minecraft, Skyrim, and other video games. BCCode 116 B AE BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Doug AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Afterwards I'm able to reboot my PC normally I've used multiple hardware monitoring programs to make sure my system is not overheating when this happens Attached is the zip file I have created as I followed the BSOD Posting instructions I will greatly appreciate any help on this matter

A:Freeze playing Minecraft, Skyrim, and other video games. BCCode 116

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\BSODDmpFiles\AlastorL\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\011912-32588-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\users\mike\documents\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0324e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03493670
Debug session time: Thu Jan 19 23:37:27.820 2012 (UTC - 7:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:13:17.866
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800d93c4e0, fffff880100b4ae4, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+c3bae4 )

---------

7: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800d93c4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff880100b4ae4, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+c3bae4
fffff880`100b4ae4 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02ddeb88 fffff880`1014f000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0d93c4e0 fffff880`100b4ae4 ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`02ddeb90 fffff880`10122867 : fffff880`100b4ae4 fffffa80`0b8be000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`02ddebd0 fffff880`1014ee0f : fffffa80`ffffd84d ffffffff`fffe7960 fffffa80`0d93c4e0 00000000`00000000 : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`02ddec80 fffff880`0f437ec1 : fffffa80`0be0fc00 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0b8b7010 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`02dded00 fffff800`03565fee : 00000000`03b86646 fffffa80`0b8db620 fffffa80`06a0cb30 fffffa80`0b8db620 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`02dded40 fffff800`032bc5e6 : fffff800`03440e80 fffffa80`0b8db620 fffff800`0344ecc0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`02dded80 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+c3bae4
fffff880`100b4ae4 4883ec28 ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209485-freeze-playing-minecraft-skyrim-other-video-games-bccode-116-a.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello all,

I've been having a few problems with my laptop since I bought it. The problem mainly occurs when I'm playing a game (usually xcom: enemy unknown or deus ex HR at the moment) but has occurred when I'm browsing the internet (albeit far less often). The BSODs appear to be random but I'm using a blue tooth mouse and have noticed the BSOD will usually happened if I'm using it. I've also noticed that my laptop screen with black out for a split second on games that are quite graphics intensive for my system.

Its been frustrating me a lot so I reinstalled and fully updated windows 7. The GPU drivers are all up to date also.

I've attached the SF file that is required and would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks for your time

A:BSOD whilst playing various games. Also happens when not playing games

Welcome to the Forum.

Just to make a note, you are having lot of different codes:

Code:
BugCheck 4E, {9a, 1c2cb0, 3, 0}
BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800030c5e4e}
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800033f55b0, fffff8800e164e00, 0}
BugCheck A, {5a31618, 2, 1, fffff800030e80d8}
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
BugCheck D1, {5b, 2, 0, fffff88000e11993}
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800033db5b0, fffff8800b079f40, 0}
BugCheck D1, {5b, 2, 0, fffff88000e78993}
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800144b039, fffff880037473d8, fffff88003746c30}
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8011ca7f40, fffffa8011ca7fb0, fffffa8011ca7f40}
Free up the start up:
Startup Programs - Change
Your antivirus is the only thing that's really needed there.

Run a system file check and disk check on your Hard drives:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check

Trend Micro can be a cause of BSOD's. Uninstall for testing purpose.
Sony Firmware Extension Parser driver - 2007 version has BSOD issues in Win7
Western Digital SCSI Arcitecture Model (SAM) WDM driver [br] 2008 driver version has known BSOD issues in Windows

Uninstall the above software using the free version of Revo Uninstaller. While uninstalling a software, opt for advance uninstall. This allows you to remove and delete registry left over of a stubborn program. Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Use Microsoft Security Essentials & the Free version of Malwarebytes, update and make a full scan separately:
Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows
Malwarebytes Free
Do not start the free trial, un-tick that option.

Make scans with:
Kaspersky TDSSKiller - TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US
ESET online scanner - Online Virus Scanner Eset

Test RAM with memtest86+:
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"

Bugcheck

Code:
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 05:52:07.477 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:01:59.710
BugCheck 4E, {9a, 1c2cb0, 3, 0}
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_SEGMENT::SafeUnlockPages+31 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x4E_9a
PROCESS_NAME: dxhr.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 04:49:27.394 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:45:15.627
BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800030c5e4e}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSignalSynchronizationObject+4e )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: ZeroConfigServ
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 03:59:20.770 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:01:07.613
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800033f55b0, fffff8800e164e00, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObDereferenceSecurityDescriptor+20 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: ZeroConfigServ
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 01:49:52.769 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:33:15.002
BugCheck A, {5a31618, 2, 1, fffff800030e80d8}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiTryUnwaitThread+28 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
Debug session time: Fri Jul 12 17:07:27.471 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:09.705
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETwNs64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETwNs64.sys
Probably caused by : nwifi.sys ( nwifi!Etw... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297156-bsod-whilst-playing-various-games-also-happens-when-not-playing-games.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I m new to the website and this is my first post so please bear with me I built my own rig and have no other problems with it besides this Problem When playing video games such as Battlefield beta and Alan Wake my monitor turns black System playing crash Solved: while games! and the audio stutters then stops The computer is still on but needs to be restarted before I can use it again This occurs once every - minutes usually on -D rendered full-screen games I monitor my GPU and CPU s temperature and have found that neither are linked to these crashes Specs Windows Professional bit Service Pack GeForce GTX Driver Corsair Force Solved: System crash while playing games! GS GB SSD GB RAM Intel i GHz -core Asus P P Pro Rev Motherboard Details This is the crash information I get upon rebooted my PC This could just be result from me manually rebooting see problem or it could be linked to the problem I don t know Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA FCDA BCP FFFFF F F BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users EdwinMols AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Diagnosis Could anyone let me know what might be going on here I m happy to run more tests - I just don t want to purchase more hardware until I know what isn t working so I can effectively replace it Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Greetings I have been having a problem as of late dealing with a random screen crash Graphic Random Crash Games. and before during playing during games Random Graphic Crash during and before playing Games. The game will start up as normal and run smoothly until one point where the game has loaded in to the main menu then the monitor will black out for a brief few seconds then will display a kind of Coloury pattern across the screen which varies every-time the game s crash es At this point there is no possibility of backing out of this pattern on-screen with no keyboard or mouse responding to anything I do ALT TAB ALT ESC CTRL ALT DEL etc I have waited for mins to see if it will respond but it still retains the screen I think that this is to do with my Graphics Card GeForce GT because my computer is still playing sound while this screen is happening The games i have tried and failed to play listedWorld of Warcraft Cataclysm Borderlands Game Of The Year Edition Titan Quest Titan Quest Immortal Throne Minecraft when utilising the Full Screen option found in a FPS increase mod OptiFine League of Legends known to me to crash like this but does not always My Graphics Card is up-to-date Drivers-Wise and my computer is clean and running smoothly with no overheated components Playing a game in windowed mode does the same except there the coloury graphic is just a black screen The Specs I can remember are listed in the quot Specs Page quot Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks quot Simmonds quot

A:Random Graphic Crash during and before playing Games.

how big is your power supply? it might be going bad on you

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/237929-random-graphic-crash-during-before-playing-games.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this but im brand new here,

When im playing games like Battlefield 3 MW3 and Arma 2:CO any any high end game my game crashes, it didnt do this a couple weeks ago.

If theres any information i need to provide further please tell me how and i will thanks :)

A:Computer shut down crash when playing games

Basic System information will help slove the problem

Model
Processor (CPU)
Memory (RAM)
Video card

How-to: Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click System and Maintenance(or system), and then click System.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-shut-down-crash-when-playing-games-655272.html
Relevancy 67.08%

This thread is about a problem with my computer. (more details in the link below)
I have attached everything that is required by the BSOD post rules.
In the ForTechSupport rar you will find the PC Health report and a txt file with details about my computer. Thanks for the support ^^

Details about the problem with my computer :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/my-computer-reboot-crash-while-playing-certain-games-2-a-1093522.html
Relevancy 67.08%

This has been happening since I put together games when Random Crash/Bluescreen playing this computer My friend believes it could be the power supply but we are not sure I put this computer together in June and occasionally get random crashes when playing games The screen will go black and the sound will start looping making a buzzing noise after a few seconds I will then have to manually turn off the computer as nothing is responsive Sometimes It won't Random Crash/Bluescreen when playing games crash Random Crash/Bluescreen when playing games for about a week and then when it does crash it will constantly crash for a few days and then go back to not crashing Not sure if its drivers or what not It definitely is not overheating as I have liquid cooling and my temps are at - Added an addition BSOD txt file where I used BlueScreenView and its all my dump files from my crashes OS - Vista Windows x -bit or x x What was original installed OS on system Windows Pro Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed Random Crash/Bluescreen when playing games on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Borrowed Friends Installation disks Age of system hardware months Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS No I dont really have anything on my system so I haven't reformatted yet CPU- Intel I k not overclocked Video Card - Nvidia Geforce GTX MotherBoard - Asus P P Deluxe Power Supply - brand amp wattage Antec CP- w Ram G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR

A:Random Crash/Bluescreen when playing games

Appreciate the honesty here:

Quote:

Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?
Borrowed Friends Installation disks?

But please confirm if you have a legal install or not. I cannot help if not.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-crash-bluescreen-when-playing-games-600211.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I am getting random pc crashes while playing some pc games I can ussually play around - hour till it crashes When it crashes computer will freeze and I crash Random computer while playing games see only black screen Reset button on computer will not work so I have to hold power button to Random computer crash while playing games turn it off and then on again It Random computer crash while playing games happenes only in games with higher system requirements happened in Dota Portal new Simcity It doesn't crash in Company of Heroes or Fallout New Random computer crash while playing games Vegas played hours without crash I also sometime gets slight screen flickering when watching flash video on fullscreen youtube or twitch tv and rarely when I open a video file my screen freeze something like this http farm static flickr com f ebf o jpg However after pressing ALT F a couple of times it returnes to normal I tried -running memtest a couple of times with no errors -removing memmory card to see if the other is faulty and then swapping them -reinstalling windows upgrade not clean installation -the temperatures are ok C on CPU C on GPU while playing some game -HW Monitor showed low voltage for V only V but I checked in BIOS and it showed V -also tried this Crash Reports - Read - Windows Help Forums but it never created any crash report OS - Windows Proffesional SP x This was original OS installed on my system It's a version I got for free from university Microsoft DreamSpark month month tried to reinstall upgrade last week but it didn't help Intel Core i - K Gigabyte Radeon GIGABYTE Z -D H Seasonic SS- ET-F W Thank you for any help

A:Random computer crash while playing games

You may want to install your AMD drivers without the Catalyst Control Center/Vision Engine Control Center software. Download the version of AMD drivers that you want to install, and then do the following steps.Start the installation program to install your drivers and AMD software. When you get to the option to Express/Custom install, cancel the installation. Your drivers should now exist in C:\AMD\Support\xx-x_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc where the x's replace your version number of the driver software.
Uninstall all AMD software related to your graphics card by uninstalling AMD Catalyst Install Manager in Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program
If AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not listed, use the following method to uninstall the graphics drivers:Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Expand Display adapters

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Expand Display adapters
Restart your computer.
Re-install your drivers from the C:\AMD\Support\xx-x_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc folder. See You cannot install a device driver by using its installation program in Windows Vista and scroll down for steps to manually install the driver.
Quote:

To locate the .inf file and manually install the driver

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-computer-crash-while-playing-games-689528.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey all I'm having an issue with my ASUS (no when crash launch to games. Complete most system or crash dump) trying BSOD F GL laptop If I try to launch a game like Counter-Strike Source Garry's Mod or Just Cause not long after actually leaving the menu and beginning to play anywhere between - min the whole laptop just silently crashes I checked ALL the Complete system crash (no BSOD or crash dump) when trying to launch most games. logs and there is nothing in there except something recorded at boot saying the computer was not cleanly shutdown When it does crash a second before it crashes a weird thin horizontal line appears in a random location on the screen going all the way across Complete system crash (no BSOD or crash dump) when trying to launch most games. the screen This was happening under Windows Vista but I just bought and did a clean install of Windows Home Premium and it's still happening I have updated my drivers and it still happens Laptop info is below caution large block of text Code System Information report written at System Name BODENEAMONN-PC System Summary Item Value OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name BODENEAMONN-PC System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Model F GL System Type X -based PC Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale Australia Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name BodenEamonn-PC Boden Time Zone AUS Eastern Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Hardware Resources Conflicts Sharing Resource Device Memory Address xF - xFFFFFFFF System board Memory Address xF - xFFFFFFFF Motherboard resources I O Port x - x CF PCI bus I O Port x - x CF Direct memory access controller I O Port x C - x DF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge I O Port x C - x DF NVIDIA GeForce M G IRQ Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller IRQ PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge IRQ NVIDIA GeForce M G IRQ PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge IRQ PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge IRQ Standard AHCI Serial ATA Controller IRQ High Definition Audio Controller IRQ Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller IRQ PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Memory Address xDE - xEFFFFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Memory Address xDE - xEFFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce M G Memory Address xD - xDFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xD - xDFFFF Motherboard resources Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Memory Address xA - xBFFFF NVIDIA GeForce M G I O Port x B - x BB PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge I O Port x B - x BB NVIDIA GeForce M G I O Port x - x Motherboard resources I O Port x - x Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller DMA Resource Device Status Channel Direct memory access controller OK Forced Hardware Device PNP Device ID I O Resource Device Status x - x Standard PS Keyboard OK x - x Standard PS Keyboard OK x - x System speaker OK x - x CF PCI bus OK x - x CF Direct memory access controller OK x D - x FFFF PCI bus OK x - x System CMOS real time clock OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x FF Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x D Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x C- x E Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x A - x BF Motherboard resources OK x ... Read more

A:Complete system crash (no BSOD or crash dump) when trying to launch most games.

Hello

You can try these to see what is going on with the overheating.

Core Temp

CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/289452-complete-system-crash-no-bsod-crash-dump-when-trying-launch-most-games.html
Relevancy 66.22%

When I play games like Modern Warfare Multiplayer or CS S my Laptop crashes I am using a Laptop Desktop extended display After some minutes of playing depends I get either Option No or No Everything hangs No taskmanager etc and I see randoms Crash Games while Strike: Source, etc.) (MW3 playing Counter MP, colored pixels on my Desk and I can't even speak to my Buds in teamspeak I just see just one color and no pixels at this option I can still hear and talk in Teamspeak but Crash while playing Games (MW3 MP, Counter Strike: Source, etc.) stuff like taskmanager etc doesn't work Old thread Direct DDevice ent failed An invalid parameter was passed to the Sir karlsnooks told me to move over here I once managed it to run MW in Safety mode and this is what happened Attachment System Specs bit the original installed OS on the system No an OEM or full Crash while playing Games (MW3 MP, Counter Strike: Source, etc.) retail version I can just say that I bought it at the DELL homepage as a private customer OEM came pre-installed on system Full Retail you purchased it from retailer What is the age of system Crash while playing Games (MW3 MP, Counter Strike: Source, etc.) hardware Bought it April What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS Yes somewhen this month because I thought this was gonna solve this problem had this problem before aswell OS Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit Multiprocessor Free Service Pack CPU Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Motherboard Dell Inc NJT Memory GB GCs NVIDIA GeForce GT M Intel R HD Graphics Family SCs Intel R Display Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audi screen res x x bits colors Hz hard drive ST AS ATA Device Alright that's it I srsly hope that you guys can help me with this Thanks in advance Fatcat

A:Crash while playing Games (MW3 MP, Counter Strike: Source, etc.)

I know you guys don't get payed but I don't want my Thread to get lost, so BUMP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240935-crash-while-playing-games-mw3-mp-counter-strike-source-etc.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello I randomly have issues of game's crashing into quot BlueScreen quot errors Well the screen isn't Games Screen Crash playing Video Blue from really a bluescreen but rather the image of the game becomes 'corrupted' Sometimes you can still hear the audio while the screen is frozen in place and it sometimes auto restarts the computer on it's own I am either playing World of Warcraft or Starcraft II These are my solutions Though the error occurs in Blue Screen Crash from playing Video Games both games I have re-installed them both Blue Screen Crash from playing Video Games games multiple times I have installed the latest drivers including my graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GT Problem Persists I initially had Windows Vista Bit running but I had just did a clean and fresh install of Windows Ultimate Bit Problem persists I have 'cleaned' out my desktop computer from dust and took out the graphic card and placed it back in This is the quot error quot Windows caught Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA C D BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Joe AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt My computer specs HP Intel Quad Core Q Ghz GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GT BIOS Date Ver Direct X If anyone can provide any constructive suggestions that would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Blue Screen Crash from playing Video Games

Stop 0x124 is a hardware error

If you are overclocking try resetting your processor to standard settings and see if that helps.

If you continue to get BSOD here are some more things you may want to consider.

This is usually heat related, defective hardware, memory or even processor though it is"possible" that it is driver related (rare).

Quote:
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Synopsis:

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.
Generic "Stop 0x124" Troubleshooting Strategy:

1) Ensure that none of the hardware components are overclocked. Hardware that is driven beyond its design specifications - by overclocking - can malfunction in unpredictable ways.
2) Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled.
If there is any doubt, open up the side of the PC case (be mindful of any relevant warranty conditions!) and point a mains fan squarely at the motherboard. That will rule out most (lack of) cooling issues.
3) Update all hardware-related drivers: video, sound, RAID (if any), NIC... anything that interacts with a piece of hardware.
It is good practice to run the latest drivers anyway.
4) Update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Their website should provide detailed instructions as to the brand and model-specific procedure.
5) Rarely, bugs in the OS may cause "false positive" 0x124 events where the hardware wasn't complaining but Windows thought otherwise (because of the bug).
At the time of writing, Windows 7 is not known to suffer from any such defects, but it is nevertheless important to always keep Windows itself updated.

6) Attempt to (stress) test those hardware components which can be put through their paces artificially.
The most obvious examples are the RAM and HDD(s).
For the RAM, use the in-built memory diagnostics (run MDSCHED) or the 3rd-party memtest86 utility to run many hours worth of testing.
For hard drives, check whether CHKDSK /R finds any problems on the drive(s), notably "bad sectors".
Unreliable RAM, in particular, is deadly as far as software is concerned, and anything other than a 100% clear memory test result is cause for concern. Unfortunately, even a 100% clear result from the diagnostics utilities does not guarantee that the RAM is free from defects - only that none were encountered during the test passes.

7) As the last of the non-invasive troubleshooting steps, perform a "vanilla" reinstallation of Windows: just the OS itself without any additional applications, games, utilities, updates, or new drivers - NOTHING AT ALL that is not sourced from the Windows 7 disc.
Should that fail to mitigate the 0x124 problem, jump to the next steps.
If you run the "vanilla" installation long enough to convince yourself that not a single 0x124 crash has occurred, start installing updates and applications slowly, always pausing between successive additions long enough to get a feel for whether the machine is still free from 0x124 crashes.
Should the crashing resume, obviously the very last software addition(s) may be somehow linked to the root cause.
If stop 0x124 errors persist despite the steps above, and the harware is under warranty, consider returning it and requesting a replacement which does not suffer periodic MCE events.
Be aware that attempting the subsequent harware troubleshooting steps may, in some cases, void your warranty:

8) Clean and carefully remove any dust from the inside of the machine.
Reseat all connectors and memory modules.
Use a can of compressed air to clean out the RAM DIMM sockets as much as possible.

9) If all else fails, start removing items of hardware one-by-one in the hope... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/229828-blue-screen-crash-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I had a desktop that was just sitting for about 2 years without use and just hooked it up to my TV to make a media center. I immediately installed Windows 7 and had a fresh slate so old software problems shouldn't be an issue. All drivers are up to date.

The problem is that whenever a game is played, it will randomly create a black screen with buzzing sound. Some games is completely random, other games crash at about the same point. Sometimes the video signal cuts out to the TV, sometimes it just stays black. Either way it needs to be manually turned off. I have checked GPU temperatures and they are about 80C under load. I have ran memtest86 and no errors on the RAM. I just don't know what else it could be.

The specs are:

Intel Core 2 3000MHz
2x2GB Corsair DDR2-400
ATI 4850
OCZ 500W Power Supply

A:Black screen crash/lockup when playing games

What is your cpu temp?
How many passes of memtest did you run?
What are you using to check your temps?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash-lockup-when-playing-games.1066283/
Relevancy 66.22%

I downloaded AION game for 3 days it runs smoothly. Then today, when i launched AION my monitor goes to standby then my pc freezes. I tried updating my driver to the latest but still happens. Even when i play League Of Legends or any games pc crashes. My Video card is GeForce GT 220

A:PC crash when playing games. Bug Check Code 0x00000116

please help me guys, i tried many things but i can seem to find the cause. I'm still having crashes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338948-pc-crash-when-playing-games-bug-check-code-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello ive had my computer for about years now ive never had this random crashing problem ever ive had some problems dealing with unplugged cords but other than that nothing All of the sudden last week it started crashing randomly while playing Crashing 7 doesnt Random Win games, crash otherwise. while i was playing games It stopped for about days and now it's doing it again It makes every game unplayable due to random crash restarts after a random time in the game If anyone can help me i would Random Crashing while playing games, doesnt crash otherwise. Win 7 very much appreciate it because i can not do anything other than browse and stuff Random Crashing while playing games, doesnt crash otherwise. Win 7 on my computer Here's my system info as of today System Information report written at System Name ADMIN-PC System Summary C Users Admin Documents Sysinf nfo Item Value OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name ADMIN-PC System Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group System Model TZ B System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Admin-PC Admin Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Now here's the last errors in order leading up to the crash Kernel-Event Tracer Error code - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing quot Guid quot B EC -BDB - -BC -F FDC D CA quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Admin lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Admin-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot SessionName quot gt Microsoft Security Client OOBE lt Data gt lt Data Name quot FileName quot gt C ProgramData Microsoft Microsoft Security Client Support EppOobe etl lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot LoggingMode quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Eventlog error ID - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot EventLog quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Admin-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt PM lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt DF C DF C C B lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Eventlog error ID Event processing task - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Eventlog quot Guid quot fc ddd -d ef- - d - e cfe ce quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Security lt Ch... Read more

A:Random Crashing while playing games, doesnt crash otherwise. Win 7

Please upload the BSOD Posting Instructions http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html. Upload the files here, this will tell you how. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/9733-screenshots-files-upload-post-seven-forums.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/375012-random-crashing-while-playing-games-doesnt-crash-otherwise-win-7-a.html