Windows Support Forum

Strange issue with CPU or Motherboard

Q: Strange issue with CPU or Motherboard

Hello All I am having a bit of a strange issue that I have with CPU Motherboard or Strange issue never run into before Yesterday after getting home from the store I booted up my PC and started to play a game although I noticed that I was getting framerate stuttering It seemed to keep dropping a lot throughout my play So I started taking a look at some of my sensor utilities Strange issue with CPU or Motherboard When I opened Asus Probe II I noticed that it was telling me that one of my chassis fans weren t running Okay no problem it must have gone bad I than took at look at the frequency and noticed that my AMD FX- was only running at GHz per core I also checked CPUZ and had the same results So I booted to the bios just to take a look and noticed that it show my Chassis fan WAS running fine and that my frequency was at GHz per core as it should So I though that it must be a fluke Booted back into windows and again same issues So I shutdown and took the side off my case which is also where the Chassis fan it said was running is located Turned the computer back on and noticed the fan was running fine I logged into windows and noticed that seconds after windows logs in that one chassis fan turns off and the CPU underclocks to GHz multiplier All of the other fans in my case still running perfectly GPU running fine HDD s running fine Could it be possible that Asus probe II itself is underclocking my CPU If so what would be causing the fan to shut off My first thought was power-supply but I have no issues when stressing my hardware even in this state I am an IT consultant but have not run into this issue before Any help would be greatly appreciated PC Specs- ASUS m a r Motherboard AMD FX- CPU CoolerMaster HYPER N CPU Cooler Kingston HyperX Blu GB x Galaxy Geforce GTX Ti OC w PowerSupply Cougar Evolution Full Tower Case Samsung gb SSD Let me know if you need any other information nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Strange issue with CPU or Motherboard

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Strange issue with CPU or Motherboard

CPU temperature too high?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-issue-with-cpu-or-motherboard.203184/
Relevancy 64.5%

Motherboard Gigabyte GA H -D CPU Intel Dual Pentium G SSD Kingston SV S A G RAM Gskill Ripjaws X series GB x DDR PC F - CL D- GBXL PSU Thermaltake TR W This is a system I use in my office for various duties including checking HDs IP cams etc I hot swap sata drives regularly I built this machine just under a year ago and have had no issues with it I've run win Pro win amp Pro and Win pro No issues at all until recently One day when I booted the system nothing Black screen and a clicking noise I tried everything to get it to boot including removing the bios battery The only thing that works every time is pulling the RAM more on that below Some other things I tried are I pulled the system apart and put it on a test bench with PC speaker strange very or CPU Issue has workaround... motherboard? isolating it from the standoffs and CPU or motherboard? Issue has very strange workaround... the metal test bench platform by placing it on a phonebook I removed all components from the system except RAM and cpu booting from partedmagic flash drive Acronis DD and TI flash drive rather than ssd I installed a PCIe card instead of using the onboard Intel video changing settings in bios Reset the SSD using partition magic restored disk image Booted from various USB boot utilities I tried booting from one of other SSDs that I swap in and out of this machine all different OS's ordered and replaced both RAM sticks same brand and model that had worked for a year Along the way I discovered that pulling the slot RAM stick would allow the system to boot into windows Until I shut down the system and then rebooted restarting windows has been no problem If I reinsert the stick I removed which caused the system to successfully boot it would again boot That's right In order to get this machine running after a shutdown I alternatively remove or reinsert the RAM stick in slot It works every time Shut down will not boot remove RAM stick system boots into windows Shut down will not boot insert previously removed RAM stick system boots into windows Switching sticks slots makes no difference It seems to be the removal or inversely the reinsertion The symptoms on the failed boot vary at times Sometimes it just displays a black screen and makes a clicking noise hard to tell where it's coming from Other times it will power off power back on and click or beep once or get to a screen with a white constant cursor underscore It has to be the motherboard or the cpu If I had to guess I'd say the motherboard Has anyone ever heard of this type issue amp weird resolution remove and replace RAM stick If not I suppose I'll try a new motherboard first If that doesn't do it I'll try another cpu getting an RTA for whichever it turns out to be Thanks for any ideas

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/72447-cpu-motherboard-issue-has-very-strange-workaround.html
Relevancy 64.5%

So I have network connectivity problems. Onboard NIC. Win XP SP2

If I ping inside the LAN, no problems.

If I ping the outside WAN IP, I get intermittent dropped packets. Every minute or so, packets will drop...usually a dozen failed pings later I'm back and able to surf the net.

Keep in mind that my LAN connectivity is unfazed the whole time, rock solid.

This is on a corporate network, with 30 other pc's, and none of them have this issue.

I installed a known good PCI NIC card, but it was even worse: every 3rd packet was dropped ruthlessly.

Also, my sound goes out periodically, once a day maybe. A simple restart gets it going again.

Today, my USB devices are no longer recognized, though they all work fine elsewhere.

So......my ASUS m/b is failing on me, almost a year old...right? Or did I miss something?

A:Strange network issue...bad motherboard?

It could be an issue with the motherboard. But the first thing you might want to try is updating the chipset drivers for the machine.

Given that you are on a corporate network, you might have to pass this on to your tech support. Getting outside help could cause issues with your support group, so it is best left in their hands.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-network-issue-bad-motherboard.757100/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys, you guys are very skilled and I am hoping to avoid technical support. To the issue, shall we?

I just built a really great PC...only problem is the motherboard is acting extremely weird. I can't open the BIOS or do anything much really when the EPS+12V connector is in. It basically turns on and off every 5-10 seconds and my speaker doesn't make a single sound. I tried booting the computer without this plugged in and the system stays on but still doesn't display BIOS. I''m confused and frustrated. Please help!

specs:
Cooler Master case
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
intel i7 2.66 cpu
6 gb Corsair RAM
4890HD ATI Radeon
320 WD HDD
1000W Power Supply

This is my first build so hopefully everything comes out well!!!

Relevancy 46.87%

My CPU appears to work when plugged in to an older board I have lying around, and my board appears to work only when my CPU is not installed on it. The CPU fan will do about 1 full revolution, then stop. The machine is getting power; all my board's LEDs are lit. My PSU is 400W and the board is also quite new. I have tried stripping the board down, and none of my other components are causing the problem. Specs are as follows:

Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.2ghz (Prescott)
Aopen i865Gm-I (PhoenixBIOS)

A:Strange CPU/Motherboard Problem

is there any jumper on that motherboard?

is it set to support the FSB frequency of your cpu?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-cpu-motherboard-problem.39107/
Relevancy 46.87%

old cpu works, new cpus dont

i spent 3 weeks trying to figure out why my motherboard wasnt working when i put in my new AMD 2352 barcelona

only to find out it booted up when i put in my old cpu

when i have the quad core in
there is no board power
nothing,
fans dont spin no light on the motherboard
what the hell is wrong with it??

i put my old cpu and it all works fine
(i havent tested the second amd 2352 i got, in case i **** it up or something
sack it, im gonna test it noW.)

anyone have any ideAS?!?

what could cause this??

A:Strange motherboard/cpu problem

right
NEITHER of my AMD opTERoNS work
except the old one does

ZERO power to motherboard, no light flashes on
i put in old cpu, it asks me for CMOS settings
WHat could cause this???
old bios???
not enough poweR?? surely nothing would work if there wasnt enough power but the gfx card fan spins on
or at least the light would be on
but nothing
is it possible i got two faulty chips?
the motherboard is a H8DAE-2 <<

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-motherboard-cpu-problem.120327/
Relevancy 46.01%

So this is the first time (for about the past week) that I've heard my mobo's fan making a pretty noticable noise. Upon inspection it seems like the fan is spinning, slowing down, speeding up, slowing down..etc... Not sure what to do (and whether or not to start panicing).

The system is a Gigabye GA-7VAX with the KT400 chipset. The fan is directly on the chipset so I definately don't want this baby to die. Any ideas?

A:Motherboard fan making strange noise

Replace it immediately with a quality-fan before your mobo fries.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-fan-making-strange-noise.8836/
Relevancy 46.01%

Got a PC off someone to look at Tried so much stuff Strange I failed motherboard! problem: think but its behaivour is Strange problem: I think failed motherboard! just WIERD I m thinking the harddrive controller on the motherboard has broken in some way Any suggestions would be much appreciated This post is quite long so if you can t be bothered reading it just scroll to the end and tell me if the error messages indicate a failed harddisk controller thanks The PC is from about I reckon if not a bit older HDDs on the primary IDE cable and ODDs on the secondary The PC one day just wouldn t boot It gave an quot unmountable boot quot or something like that so was brought round my house Didn t write the whole error down as I assumed it would be a simple problem These error messages aren t accurate as some of them I didn t fully write down and some of them flash up for so quick To note an boot an error message quot primary IDE no conductor cable type is installed quot flashes up so quickly might already have been there though Tried my own IDE cable and still same error What i ve done and found Can t boot from CD unplugged HDDs and CDs seem to work fine can boot ubuntu live CD Then when both HDDs are plugged in no CD can boot Linux seemed to load once with both HDDs in though it took Strange problem: I think failed motherboard! ages and could see both HDDs booting off XP recovery CD doesn t happen when st HDD master connected With nd Slave it boots but takes ages some combinations of the nd HDD allow the XP recovery CD to boot up if on its own IDE cable but not when it shares the IDE cable with the ODD XP recovery never boots with the st HDD in So i took out the first HDD and connected it to my comp as the only HDD Windows didn t boot and hit a BSOD which probably is a little bit expected if switching windows to a different PC Ran chkdsk on this drive from XP recovery and it found errors for st runs Also ran maxtor seatools on it and reported no errors with the HDD put this HDD back in the broken comp and on booting gives a quot hal dll error quot XP recovery now runs but gives an error message I ve never seen before saying the CD has a file missing it doesn t So decided to try reinstalling windows With the st HDD XP install wouldnt load With the nd HDD XP install loads I tried backing up GB of data from this nd harddrive before deciding to go ahead with the installation but Ubuntu said hours left so I put my own IDE HDD in instead to install windows onto that When selecting the partition to delete and install windows on the Windows setup gives an error message again i ve I ve never seen before quot computers startup program cannot gain access quot Maxtor diagnostic software can t see this MAxtor drive as for HDD a Hitachi Hitachi Disk Fitness Test can see HDD but gives an error on trying to run Damaged motherboard I m thinking That was a long post Thanks Dan Gent nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello everybody. Can someone give me an advise. I just bought a new computer. The motherboard is ASUS p55800-MX. After installing all parts, I turn on the computer. The computer works great but it does not see both CD drives. After I change "slave to master", computer can see both CD drives but it cannot start because it doesn't see now both hard drives. I brought the computer to my friend who better understand computers. We sent three hours but the result is the same. If computer see hard drives, it doesn't see CD/DVD drives. Or, if it can see CD drives, it doesn't see hard drics. He tried everything but no result. Does anybody have any ideas? Thank you very much in advance.

A:Strange Problem with Asus motherboard

the mobo

have you checked how many devices it can handle? was this self built or bought prebuilt? im confused about that!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-problem-with-asus-motherboard.52835/
Relevancy 45.58%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility strange on flashing LED to motherboard power Struggling on, version OS Version Microsoft Struggling to power on, strange LED flashing on motherboard Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Struggling to power on, strange LED flashing on motherboard Card AMD Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC M A R Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Hi I ve had this problem intermittently for a few days but it just got stranger this morning Occasionally when I try to power on my computer either just after powering off or after a long time of being off it just won t do anything I switched the PSU switch off and on again the first few times it happened and that resolved it figuring I should buy another PSU just in case even for backup Still saving for it This morning it went weird where it still wouldn t power on but the motherboard light was on and there as an additional light that kept flashing in flashes of three when I looked it up in the manual it says it s the quot BIOS Flashback LED FLBK LED The FLBK LED lights when the USB Flashback button is pressed for three seconds quot I wasn t touching the button and it was still flashing Then just was I was peering in to try and make any sense of what I was seeing the whole thing switched on by itself and sprung to life I have never had a computer switch on by itself with me before Does this sound like imminent PSU failure or could there be something else going on with that flashy LED Why would my computer just come on by itself like that Please be kind I m not very tech savvy and won t understand if you use a lot of technical terminology nbsp

A:Struggling to power on, strange LED flashing on motherboard

Whenever I've seen switching the power supply off and back on resolve the problem, it was the result of a failing/faulty PSU.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/struggling-to-power-on-strange-led-flashing-on-motherboard.1142243/
Relevancy 45.58%

My mates PC is acting up One night he went out and left it copying a DVD naughty I know when he got home the PC had crashed and came up with the usual quot windows did not shut down properly quot screen So he chose to quot start windows normally quot and it looked like it was working but when it was on the windows logo screen happenings, ideas? got it any anyone Strange fried? motherboard is it just reset So he tried quot start windows in safe mode quot it started booting up again got to the windows logo screen and reset itself you see the pattern I thought maybe when it crashed it had kanckered the ntfs sys file or some other important file so we decided to re-install windows When i tried to re-install windows it let me format the hard drive as NTFS I at there for half an hour while it formatted and then it came up with an error saying drive could not be formatted drive C is corrupt So my mate went out and bought a brand new hard drive and tried to set up Strange motherboard happenings, is it fried? anyone got any ideas? windows on that and the same thing happened again Now I know neither hard drive is corrupt because I put them both in my PC and I can install windows on them no problem at all but when i put the HD Strange motherboard happenings, is it fried? anyone got any ideas? back in his Strange motherboard happenings, is it fried? anyone got any ideas? PC it gets to the windows logo screen and then reboots and reboots and reboots Now I reckon there might have been a power surge spike whatever and it s fried his motherboard or at least the IDE controllers although I can boot off CD but not off floppy if I try boot off floppy it says its not a boot disk but I know its a boot disk because i tested it on my machine first and it boots The motherboard is an Asus A V -MX prcessior is an AMD or it s got MB of RAM and now it has GB hard drives that it reckons are knackered Anyone got any idea what it might be or am I right is the motherboard IDE controller fried Ic an t find anyone else thats ever had a problem like this and I ve never seen anything like it I ve tried everything I can think of to fix this if anyone has any insight into the problem it would be most helpful Cheers John nbsp

A:Strange motherboard happenings, is it fried? anyone got any ideas?

disconnect all drives/cards except the hard drive and a known good drive to boot from. then try booting. if it fails to find even one drive in the bios or something then you should suspect the system board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-motherboard-happenings-is-it-fried-anyone-got-any-ideas.20126/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi.
Can someone explain what might be going on here please.
MoBo ~ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H on Windows 7
I have a Belkin USB Hub which is connected to one of the rear MoBo USB ports and works fine.
I also have a USB Wireless Adapter which is plugged into one of the Hub Ports and works fine.
To tidy wiring up a bit, I removed the Wireless Adapter USB plug from the Hub and plugged directly into MoBo USB and Wireless Adaptor stops working.
Even if I plug the Wireless Adaptor into the MoBo USB port which the Hub was using still does not work.
Plug the Hub into the MoBo USB Port and and the Adapter into the Hub again and it works OK.
Can anyone explain why the Wireless Adaptor will not work when plugged directly into the MoBo but works OK in plugged into a Hub which is plugged into the MoBo?
Thanks.

A:Strange USB Port scenario with Gigabyte Motherboard

As a start I would go to the Device Manager and look at the Properties of each of the devices and see if there is a "Ports" Tab, then see if there are any options to change the port location.

If the wireless adapter has any program settings I would check all of those to see if there is anything that can be changed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/141365-strange-usb-port-scenario-gigabyte-motherboard.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello. Recently i took apart an old computer with AT motherboard (manufactured by Intel), and i found a strange slot, named PBSCON and five pins with label IR1 near. I guess IR pins are for infrared connection, but i couldn't find any information about this. Can someone explain what are they used for? Photos of them are attached

A:Strange card slot in motherboard and IR pins

Appears to be a "Cache on a Stick" slot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cache_on_a_stick

Ir port on computers: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_infrared_port_for_laptop_computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-card-slot-in-motherboard-and-ir-pins.900855/
Relevancy 45.15%

When my machine comes up the display flash to black occasionally and not everything on the screen displays when it is up (for example, I can see the login area, but not the box to type into) there are also stray lines on the screen. I thought it was a hardware problem. However, when I boot safe mode, everything works fine.

I've tried installing the latest drivers from Nvidia (the video card is an MX4 series) and have also reinstalled the OS. Neither of which worked.

I'm fairly confident this is a hardware issue, but I don't know which piece of hardware is the problem. Does anyone know for certain if this sounds more like a video card issue, a motherboard issue, or something entirely different. I do not have an extra video card to plug in though I may go that route to avoid having to replace the motherboard unnecessarily. Thoughts?

A:Very strange display issues...video card, motherboard, OS?

if you can get into safe mode easily and not regular, it would be a software issue
do you have any restore points that you can use and go back to a previous time when things worked well

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/very-strange-display-issues-video-card-motherboard-os-220066.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My PC Configuration

Quote:
CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @2.33GHz
Motherboard : INTEL DP45SG
Memory : 2GB Transcend DDR 3 -1333
Graphics Card : NVIDIA? GeForce 9400GT (512 MB)
Sound Card: IDT High Defination Audio
Monitor :ASUS VH196 Black 18.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor
Screen Resolution : 1440x900
Hard Drives : Hitachi 1 TB HDD & Samsung 320 GB HDD

and its working great ....

Problem is i want to increase my RAM, so I bought a Transcend 2GB DDR 3 -1333 DIMM CL9 RAM today which is same model as the current 2GB RAM that's running on my PC but the new RAM is not working on my PC !!! I tried the new RAM on an other motherboard and it worked ... then why isn't it working in my motherboard ?

A:Strange RAM problem with Intel DG45SG extreme motherboard

Hi Nazbir and Welcome to SevenForums

I have two questions, 1. are you overclocking the CPU, if so bring it back to original spec. 2. are you overclocking the RAM, is it one stick of 2GB or 2 sticks of 1GB, do the part #'s match exactly. These things all make a difference when your trying to make it work. Hope this helps sort things out and if you need more help just ask.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/199755-strange-ram-problem-intel-dg45sg-extreme-motherboard.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi, im having problems with two new devices i have bought for my computer.

The first is a linksys wireless g network adapter which is in perfect working order on its own.
The second is a Trust USB2 HiRes Webcam (wb-3500t) which also works fine independantly.

As stated on their own both these devices work, but when they are both plugged in together i get a messege informing me that my network adapter has malfunctioned and and windows cannoct detect what it is. When i remove the webcam from the USB slot again the network adapter works again.

I have been told this may be an IRQ issue but i have no idea what that means or how to solve it. Help would be appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 43%

I'm having this issue where after an unknown period of time text and elements from any open applications begin to suddenly start flashing and then they disappear eventually my system becomes virtually unresponsive Thats the best I can describe the issue anyway I've Strange Issue ran several virus scans with Avira Anti-vir after updating definitions and it was unable to detect anything suspicious I've also ensured that my drives are up-to-date and I'm still experiencing this issue Here are the DDS Strange Issue results Attach txt and GMER results are attached to this post as well DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop On-access scanning enabled Updated AD - F - A-A -FDD C FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe svchost exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS zHotkey exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Napster napster exe C Program Files Razer Diamondback G razerhid exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system UMonit exe C Program Files dcmsvc dcmsvc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Razer Diamondback G razertra exe C Program Files Razer Diamondback G razerofa exe C Documents and Settings Owner YOUR- A E B Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M MS- mSearchAssistant hxxp www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M MS- BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO PodcastBHO Class fdf-f a - b d- d -cdf cfd - c program files common files doubletwist IEPodcastPlugin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c windows system BAE dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll TB C D -ECB - B - -F DCC - No File TB ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker Toolbar d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dll uRun BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot c program files common files ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe quot uRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnoti... Read more

Relevancy 43%

Hi XP, in issue help!! strange Very please I have encountered a very strange issue Very strange issue in XP, please help!! or error on my computer At first I thought it had to do with Firefox but I have noticed it on other browsers and even in WMP Explorer and the start menu on my XP Professional The issue is that I occasionally get an error which turns all the buttons black Also Icons tend to get a strange black frame around them It is almost is there is an issue with the alpha channel or something I have tried effortlessly to find hep or a solution but no one has posted anything about this The problem comes and then goes away after a while but it is still highly annoying I m posting a link to a screen of how it tends to look like when I visit iMDb for example it s worst then http attachments techguy org attachment php attachmentid amp stc amp d Please I hope someone might shed a light on this for me I m not a computer expert so go easy on me Many thanks Davor nbsp

A:Very strange issue in XP, please help!!

Hmm. Unfortunatly, I have vista now so I cant check it out for you. BUT If you would like to do remote assistance/Teamviewer then I would be happy to assist you in fixing the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-strange-issue-in-xp-please-help.731092/
Relevancy 43%

Hello all noob here as I just found this site Hoping someone can shed some light onto a very unusual issue I am experiencing with one machine I have several machines running XP SP IE and Office All Issue XP on Strange with IE6 the latest security updates and software updates have been applied Level Strange Issue with IE6 on XP playing field However on one machine only am I experiencing this issue I cannot open any MS Office files within IE All other machines can Here's what happens I click on link to a Word Document In the lower left hand corning it tells me quot Downloading lt file name gt doc quot After that it will then say Strange Issue with IE6 on XP Installing Component and then DONE However in the Browser window the only thing that is displayed is the little red quot x quot icon box for the broken link Once again this same document can be accessed from every other machine with no issues I have set all the security settings to LOW for testing purposes compared the Advanced Settings from a machine that works to the one that doesn't everything matches I have reinstalled IE I am at a complete and total loss on this one Can someone please lend me some assistance to figure this bugger out If you need more information please let me know Thx

A:Strange Issue with IE6 on XP

I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem because I seldom use Office, but have you looked at this in IE?

IE Properties, Programs Tab, HTML Editor

Does it say Microsoft Word? If not, Word should be in the drop down list so you can change it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/strange-issue-with-ie6-on-xp-301893.html
Relevancy 43%

All Thanks in advance for any assistance Excuse the long history here but I wanted to include all relevant and probably non-relevant information to assist My issues started around a month ago with a trojan called Zero Access - a zero day IE browser nasty that was mainly employed in gathering banking logons sessions and then emptying the accounts At the time I was running the Virgin Media AV package av anti-spyware which I believe uses a Trend engine This little beastie also managed to disable the AV package I also use Malwarebytes on a regular issue.... little A strange basis so when I found out it was in the wild I ran and successfully cleaned my system of the malware VM AV has not worked since although the firewall was seemingly ok Over time I've used AVG found nothing no port access when running Spybot found nothing HiJackThis nothing obvious and Windows Defender yes I know but I was desperate - which actually found two other malware packages A lot of this I've done in safe mode with networking as -even with AVG installed and running - that was the only place I could get web access So my problem now is running VM AV or similar getting web access and ensuring my system is clean - which I have a gut feeling it's not I also have random seemingly administrator privileges issues lock ups in standard boot especially on boot and slow running I've uninstalled AVG and VM AV for running the tests leaving Spybot installed - it was the one that seemingly left me with most access to the computer I've attached the relevant files and I've also included a HiJackThis log and MBRCheck log The dds log is here DS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by Kevin at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Windows system AERTSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C A strange little issue.... Program Files Virgin Media Digital Home Support HsdService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Virgin Media Service Manager ServicepointService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe A strange little issue.... C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Epson Software Event Manager EEventManager exe C Program Files Virgin Media Service Manager ServiceManager exe C Program Files Virgin Media Digital Home Support DHSClient exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows System wpcumi exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Users Kevin Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Opera opera exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServi... Read more

A:A strange little issue....

Hello and welcome. Please follow these guidelines while we work on your PC:Malware removal is a sometimes lengthy and tedious process. Please stick with the thread until I’ve given you the “All clear.” Absence of symptoms does not mean your machine is clean!
Please do not run any scans or install/uninstall any applications without being directed to do so.
Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within five days this thread will be closed.
Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Download Combofix from the link below, and save it to your desktop.

Link 1

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. If you have trouble, stop and post back. Do not try to repeatedly run comboFix!
When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Note: If after running ComboFix you receive a message stating, "Illegal Operation Attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion" rebooting your computer will resolve the problem.

Please include the following in your next post:ComboFix log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/a-strange-little-issue-673315.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey my problem is that I cannot connect to most matches on xbox live I know this is because my NAT is strict and have tried several solutions to open my NAT including NAT Strange issue making my xbox IP static etc by manualling inputting ip gateway subnetmask However nothing I do seems to work I have a THOMSON ST router which does not have a DMZ setting There are a couple odd circumstances though my computer and xbox share an ethrenet cable I have to swap it between the two I m not sure if that is a problem My elder brother also Strange NAT issue has xbox live and switches ethrenet between his PC and xbox however he does not have ANY problems connecting to games It can take me - mins to connect to a lobby on cod mw or l d while he finds games in a few seconds Finally I have also tried adding an application to my xbox on my router home page opening ports amp both in UDP and TCP plus my UPNP is enabled I have absoltely no idea why I m having this problem I ve had this problem for a while however it never seemed to affect me while I was playing l d or halo etc but with my newer games it s near impossible to find a game Any advise would be greatly appreciated let me know if you need more information nbsp

A:Strange NAT issue

You also have to add UDP 28960, UDP 3101-3105, and UDP 1500 ports for inbound and outbound to your xbox. Post back if you get it working or got any troubles.

Are you running DHCP on your router? if so, you will need to give your xbox a static IP, so that it doesn't affect your port forwarding every time you reset your router. This means that when you port forward you should forward the ports to your Xbox's IP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-nat-issue.889269/
Relevancy 43%

It seems this problem I have has driven me to the brink of Issue Strange asking for help I hate that but do appreciate the wisdom of Strange Issue this site and I trust the moderators When the computer is first booted all is well as long as I continue to work with it If the computer is left for any length of time I will slow down exponentially to the point of a crawl I seems it has locked up but if the command if left to finish it will eventually complete albeit many minutes later I seems to aggravate the issue the longer the computer is left alone I first thought I had been hijacked but no network activity seems to be going on My final thought is that the SSD drive is defective I hope to get a little help from here I m sure there is software I can run to tell you all you need to know about the issue So without further adeau Happy helping and a merry Christmas Woops I am running Windows pro and I only do updates periodically because of the incessant rebooting PC Tools Antivirus and System Mechanic All up to date Dave

A:Strange Issue

Hello and welcome. let's get a scan log and check for malware/First clear the Temp files.TFC by OTPlease download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop. alternate download linkSave any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser! Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator. Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion. Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369321/strange-issue/
Relevancy 43%

Hey all been to a few forums but had no help with this issue and everyone seem sreally helpful here so hope someone can help Recently upgrade dmy pc with a ConRoe PE asrock board and a intel q so I could have quad processing with my CGI work without the price tag of new ddr and pci x cards Everything seemed fine and windows installed but Iv been having the same issue over and over When I boot up the pc keybaord will flash monitors will respond and motherboard bios info comes up no errors runs fine Gets to the windows xp page and just as it finishes loading as its about to enter the login page the monitors dual monitors does same on a single go into stand by but pc remains the same If I reboot the system after or tries it will successfully get into teh desktop and the PC Strange help issue please will run for hours doing whatever you want using it now to write this The problem is worse on a cold boot when the system has been off for over an hour or so but mostly in the morning Strange issue please help Instead of just going into stand by Strange issue please help it will actually restart itself eventually asking me if I want to start windows normally or with last good settings Same error though in same place each time Iv tried alot im a noive when it comes to fixing but I dont mind trying new things and often build new systems Strange issue please help just havent come across this before Memtest has been run no errors and ram was re seated Tried a more powerful psu no difference Updated all drivers and motehrboard bios Reformatted windows xp and scanned HDD also check for the usual viruses etc Nothing All I can think of is that its something to do with the VGA as aparently just after teh boot screen this is when the drivers for the graphics are loaded Iv tried the default drivers windows xp gives after device install and cd drivers and newest drivers made no difference Voltages going into the card where on low tried high still no difference Changed DVI freqency even though its on a converter to two CRT s no difference Its the same card I used in my previous system with the same monitors and all tahst changed is the motherboard and Cpu What I dont understand is if the cpu or motherboard was faulty why only do it after the boot screen and why when successful run perfectly Surely if it wa sthe hardware Id have crashes and what not after booting Really stuck on this guys run out of ideas and dont have a spare AGP card to test without buying a x or something and then returning it if its the same Computer sepcs are below along with detail I got from windows for the error I dont always get an error only sometimes when I successfully gets to the desktop Motherboard ConRoe PE asrock CPU Q intel core quad ghz HDD Samsung spin point gb lots of free space GPU ATI FireGL x t PSU Tagan easycon watt optical drives sony dvd cd-rw Monitors x dell quot on crt adapters connected to DVI ports Error code e parameter c parameter afa a parameter aff c parameter aff Varys between and e I have four minidump files but didnt know how to open the files to copy paste the info Hope someone can help although I can use the PC its very irritating having to reboot the pc - times after a cold boot just to get onto the desktop Changes made to gpu setitngs did help like the DVI freqency allowed me to reboot times in a row no problem but as soon as I turned the PC off and cam eback after food same thing happened Incase I didnt mention doesnt always happen of the time it will fail but is worse after cold boot Just doesnt make sense nbsp

A:Strange issue please help

So the ATI FireGL x2 is an AGP card with 256 MB?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-issue-please-help.76788/
Relevancy 43%

hey guys, hope someone can help

sons pc randomly boots black screen, cant access bios or anything

but if i power it up lets say tomorrow it will be fine, new thermal paste no overheating, each bit of hardware has been tested in another rig so im baffled :\

any ideas?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/129274-strange-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

I have Dell Inspiron Laptop N5050.this is 1month old.Yesterday I upset while connecting network cable touchpad not working,and cursor move around and working automatically by opening start programms, opening folders etc. when removed the network cable,slowly it comes into usual way . But when I connecting USB mouse , the problem not showing. Pls help me anybody have the solution pls share with me
Thanks and regards
Ram

A:Strange issue

Hi
I have dell lap with win7 os. Yesterday I changed my partition , by changing C-drive size by shrinking. Say new size is 40 GB - unallocated. This unallocated size I can't format. When I selecting make simple volume , it shows error the hard drive contains maximum number of partitions , you can't make new partitions.
Hard drive contains already c d e partitions.
How I can make this newly created unallocated space to be useful
Pls help me.
Thanks and Regards
Ram

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/233768-strange-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

I issue.. Strange was over at tomshardware com in search of help with this Strange issue.. and they directed me here http www tomshardware com answers id- malware-issue html It started when I noticed my laptop was running pretty slow I opened up the task manager to see if there was anything suspicious going on and found my cpu memory and disk usage to be all REALLY high I ran a spybot and AVG scan avg found nothing but spybot Strange issue.. found fixed a good amount of threats but it didn't help so I headed over to tomshardware Overall the things I've noticed is that it starts with either a conhost exe or cmd exe starting then random programs start opening in the background and consuming large amounts of system resources never any one program consuming too much at times it almost seems evenly distributed across multiple programs and eventually I get a lot of error windows asking to close tons of cmd exe instances occasionally my laptop crashes altogether At some point I figured out that the malware if this even is malware I still haven't ruled out a legitimately bugged program doesn't work without an internet connection or so it seems at least From there I found that after the cmd starts a bunch of msiexec exe instances consuming way more resources than any installer normally would then typically theres a presentationhost exe it's supposed to be a legitimate microsoft program and I've never seen it on my computer so I'm not sure whether its using mre resources than it should shortly after followed by msdtc exe and theres always a random notepad exe towards the end in the background where I can't see it that's what has me nearly convinced it's malware and all the while random cmd or conhost instances open Occasionally a duplicate of a program that's already open will be created such as the wmp library sharing service or ctfmon exe and strangely even though I have AVG uninstalled theres a random AVG secure-search installer process in the background sometimes I've tried multiple scans with a bunch of scanners excluding avg one scan with no results while others found plenty wrong was enough for me lol - spybot malwarebytes emsisoft anti malware virus vault ccleaner and adwcleaner they all found some threats and fixed them but the problem persists While running scans I ran into a problem - I malwarebytes won't update it can't connect to the server but it works fine on another computer I tried to get combofix but I couldn't even access the download site and to top it all off - I can't even access this site It's as if the site is down but seeing as I'm currently writing this post I'm pretty sure it's not lol anyone know what's going on here I'm at my wit's end with this any help at all is appreciated just let me know if any logs are needed EDIT I should probably mention I'm running windows

A:Strange issue..

Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573558/strange-issue/
Relevancy 43%

Hi ppl I IE6 with D/L issue Strange have a strange problem when trying to download files using Internet Explorer But first a bit of background info on my specs I have PCs with the same issue one is a laptop and other desktop They both have up to the minute latest Windows XP updates including all security updates downloaded form microsoft windows update and latest drivers and everything else On software side they apps they both have installed is Seek amp Destroy spyware killer and ZoneAlarm Security Suite Retail I do now have any illegal software etc that may have emmited a virus Now for the problem when I try to download files any files exe zip wave or naything else under the earths sun It starts and gets to - KB and stops as if the download has completed so It partially downloads the Strange D/L issue with IE6 files then stops whyyyyy This happens on every files great and small I have tried to remove S amp D and ZoneAlarm and disable all the IE Add-ons most of them are generic and no go I have reimaged the desktop PC and found that it worked then after a few days same issue I cannot pinpoint where and why The only conclusion I can come up with is if MS has screwed up one of its updates but then everyone on the globe would have the same problem Downloading in Firefox is fine and works well Guys this is driving me absolutely crazy I don t even use IE that much but the sheer fact that the problem is there and I cannot figure ir out is making me lose sleep Could it be spyware virus adware trojan or software corruption I don t know please please give me some assistance nbsp

A:Strange D/L issue with IE6

With all the good anti-spyware products out there, I don't understand how you ended up with something called "Seek & Destroy". I have 6 free anti-spyware programs on my pc(all free), but I never heard of "Seek & Destroy".

Unfortunatly, there have been a lot of problems associated with ZoneAlarm recently. You might try the ZoneAlarm help forums.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-d-l-issue-with-ie6.58442/
Relevancy 43%

Hi guys, Lately some strange things happened to my windows Xp Home edition... Well this happened about 5 times...

I was working on something on my computer (like going online etc..) and when I clicked on the Start Menu or On MY MUSIC folder... suddenly the taskbar and icons and software disappears and I am left seeing only my wallpaper. The computer does not restart, just everything disappears. Then it comes back..like reloads everything back. Funny... The internet connection is not affected. I don't know what this is. but it happens from time to time.

Next, can someone recommend good software to maintain the computer.. I heard that windows xp deframenter and utility software like that isnt that good!

thanks

Relevancy 43%

I have two HDD attached to my PC.
Here is my HDD with my C:\Documents and settings\Momchil folder which is my user name on the computer.
And here is the exact same folder and directory in the other HDD G:\ which I NEVER attached to my computer!!! NEVER!
I don't have a reason to lie you and copy all my user system files to the other HDD. What we have here is some very strange bug of some kind. G\D&S is actually C\D&S... But why it seems like it is all in the other HDD I don't know...

The D&S folders had Deny to read rule applied to Everyone.

A:Very strange issue.

are you sure you have NEVER put that disk before???? also... it may be pausible that you have a RAID 1 setup mirrored all your data onto the other hard drive....
just a remote possibility..... :-?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/171878-very-strange-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

A week or a little bit longer ago I was dealing with the google redirect issue I have completely solved the google redirect issue but am please issue(s) Strange help. now Strange issue(s) please help. presented with a strange noise towards the end of my boot sequence The bleep Strange issue(s) please help. sort of noise occurs after BIOS after the windows XP loading screen on the screen that I type my password to log into windows Viewing Strange issue(s) please help. my Event Log Viewer I have a consistent error saying that EvdoServer hung on startup sometimes there is another one or two other random inconsistent errors I use Norton AntiVirus Spybot S amp D Malwarebytes SuperAntiSpyware and Norton ALL currently come up completely clean after scanning Here is my HiJackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Ghost GhostStartService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Java jre bin java exe C Program Files QuickTime QuickTimePlayer exe C Program Files HiJackThis Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox Beta firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http wapp verizon net bookmarks bmredir asp region all amp bw dsl amp cd unattached amp bm ho central R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot file C Serverroot Carissa homepage html quot C Documents and Settings CARISSA Application Data Mozilla Profiles default vn zz g slt prefs js N - Netscape u... Read more

A:Strange issue(s) please help.

Please don't post duplicate threads. If your thread is in an inappropriate forum, please report it and a moderator will move it.

Continue the problem resolution here: http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/943084-weird-noise-startup.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-issue-s-please-help.943063/
Relevancy 43%

Recently I have been having help strange Please this fix issue! to this really strange issue when I start Windows my taskbar is completely inactive - I can't click anything left and right until I f click ctrl esc But oh god that's not all I can't rearange my desktop icons because they are not moving from the place and also I have just faced this entirely strange browser issue I can't even enter URL in Google Chrome because whenever I point my mouse at the URL bar it becomes as cursor and clicking just does nothing Besides that I can't Please help to fix this strange issue! open Please help to fix this strange issue! Google Chrome settings and when I click back button it opens a new tab but when I click on it it just closes by itself So my browser is completely Please help to fix this strange issue! unusable Let's open Firefox Whenever I click save on the download box it just greys out and I can't click anything until I f press ctrl esc I definitely thought that was some kind of malware eventually TDSSKiller showed me nothing same did Avast and MBAM sfc scannow shows everything is alright Then I ran ComboFix and it seems it found sth However I restarted my pc and the issue still persists and so it does in the safe mode at least the taskbar is working I have tried malware scans CCleaner registry defrag system restore last known good configuration and none of them have worked I don't know what to do I am running Windows x Please help me to fix this problem Pasted ComboFix log into topic - Hamluis ComboFix - - - Vartotojas - x Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT Running from c users Vartotojas Downloads ComboFix exe SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions c users Vartotojas AppData Local assembly tmp c windows msvcr dll c windows SysWow msvcsv dll c windows SysWow tmp E D tmp c windows SysWow tmp E E tmp Files Created from - - to - - - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers cmudaxp sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers LMouFilt Sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers LHidFilt Sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows KHALMNPR Exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Package Cache - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Vartotojas AppData Roaming AVAST Software - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files AVAST Software - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Battle net - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Diablo III - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Age of Empires - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Common Files Microsoft Games - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Microsoft Games - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows Sun - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Loot Hunter - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Rampage Knights - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Diablo II - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x LittleFighter - - - - ----a-w- c windows system infocardapi dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow infocardapi dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system icardres dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow icardres dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system icardagt exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow icardagt exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow TsWpfWrp exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system TsWpfWrp exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system rpcrt dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow rpcrt dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Klanghelm - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Antares Audio Technologies - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files UNi Xonar Audio - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Common Files Java - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow WindowsAccessBridge- dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Vartotojas AppData Roaming Naturalsoft - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Naturalsoft - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Naturalsoft - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Vartotojas AppData Roaming Keolab - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Applied Acoustics Systems - - - - -------- d-----w- c program fil... Read more

A:Please help to fix this strange issue!

I'm 100% sure I'm infected  with sth like this: http://www.lexsi-leblog.com/cert-en/hey-brian-heya-homer-fancy-meeting-you-here-zeus-gootkit-2014-ad.html
Is it even possible to remove this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545042/please-help-to-fix-this-strange-issue/
Relevancy 43%

In all my years of building and supporting PCs I have never encountered this before In the system listed in System Specs I was trying to open some media files on my D drive which is the WD Caviar Black A few of them hung up for a little while and then gave me a Windows Media Player error about server execution failing After about the th one issue Strange HDD my Explorer window closed Strange HDD issue which was displaying the root of D I noticed D was missing in Explorer completely and also from Device Manager Damn I thought I rebooted and my BIOS hung on the AHCI detection screen and didn't find the drive I powered off the system checked the cables and powered back up The drive was detected and was visible in Explorer as well I downloaded and ran the WD Data Lifeguard tools and my drive passed the quick and extended tests I've rebooted several times and the drive seems fine Has anyone ever encountered something like this

A:Strange HDD issue

I've herd tale of SATA cables working themselves loose and causing what you described exactly...the cause of this is from the electrical current itself. However minimal the current, the current vibrates and given certain circumstances and conditions this vibration has led to fires. Those conditions are all based on the product quality, installation of product and the type of area that the wires are being installed.

Mind you this is info for a house...which I've personally seen the result of and me and my crew got the job of renovating half of a house. This came right from the Fire Marshall and Fire investigator.

Now all that being said the electrical current can cause the SATA connection to vibrate just enough to partially disrupt the signal so it's not being recognized. As we all know, some of those SATA cable connectors are not that snug fitting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/214438-strange-hdd-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

So I play WOW at around 32 FPS. My Fps will often dip to as low as 3-6 Fps. To fix this I unplug my laptop and minimize the window for 30seconds and it goes back to 32Fps. It never fails. It wont work if its not unplugged or minimized for less than 30seconds. So basically I spend alot of my time in 25 man Ulduar doing this and I'm so sick of it. I'm guessing it's a setting in my Power Options that I have set incorrectly. It's not a heat issue as my laptop runs very cold at all times with the fans I use. Any help with pinpointing this issue would be much appreciated. Thanx in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-fps-issue.848659/
Relevancy 43%

Hello Forum,
I have a windows Vista laptop that had a virus and needs formatting.

However when I start the install procedure through DOS it overheats and shuts down. However I do not have this issue in windows.

Also I have two odd issues in windows, one it wont read disks in windows but it will in DOS.

Also when I press the caps lock key I loose the keyboard and touchpad. So i need to restart.

I have ensured the BIOS, Motherboard and Keyoard drivers are all up to date.

Regards
Richard Baker

Hi Richard and Welcome to TSF,

If we back up a bit to the reinstallation part. What makes you think it got overheated during the process? Does it just shut down or are you given any faultcodes etc?

What you should do is:
Make a proper backup.
Start the installation > Choose Custom install.
Remove all partitions available.
Mark the "Unallocated space" > New partition > Create.
Mark it > Format > Continue with installation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/strange-issue-595227.html
Relevancy 43%

Touchpad works fine but during gaming, responds either slowly or won't.

How can I tackle this issue?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/37436-strange-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

This is very weird. We had a power outage today. The Compaq Presario SR2170NX would not boot back up. On opening the case we found the cpu fan wires "shredded" and broken off at differing lengths, no sign of the plug end, and no sign of any pieces of the wire. We bought the computer new and we have not been into this case. Computer will not boot now and shuts itself off after a few seconds after startup. Help!

A:Strange cpu fan issue

Does it look like the wires could have been destroyed by one of the fans? If not, and there is no sign of animal life in the case (seriously, I've known of mice/rats to infest the cases). I'd suggest returning it to where you got it, if it's still under warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-cpu-fan-issue.849926/
Relevancy 43%

I have x GB sticks of OCZ Gold DDR - RAM but for some reason I'm not able to use all sticks on my motherboard despite the fact that the documentation clearly says that it supports GB of RAM I already ruled out bad RAM as I've used every combination of of the sticks of RAM with no issues as well as in all slots but I can't have all in at once RAM issue Strange The computer will power on but nothing will show up on the monitor I even tried a couple of older GB DDR sticks together with of the OCZ sticks and that doesn't Strange RAM issue work either Every combination of the will allow me to boot up into Windows properly but if I have all sticks in at once whether its x GB or x GB and x GB it doesn't Does anyone have any idea as to why it's doing that Not that it's THAT big a deal since GB is enough RAM but since I have the additional GB I would like to get some use out of it

A:Strange RAM issue

Go at ur MB bios settings (chipshet setup) and enable the
Memory remapping option

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/30032-strange-ram-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi last month i bought a new graphic card and since i bought it i started to have this problems My PC PC Strange Issue with My Very Freezes Keyboard and Mouse LED s Turns Off Displays freezes My fans HDD VGA Power Supply CPU Fan and Cooling Fans are still working This happens at random times i can play WoW for a entire day or and this doesn t happen and other times i can Very Strange Issue with My PC even log in my account that my pc freezes Also this does not only happen when im playing i could be browsing something or inet listening something on itunes or just the pc is on the screensaver an this happens too but it happen more when im making my pc using more resources I tried to change the VGA s and still happen tried removing one memory slot and the other one and still happen also i tried to unplug some fans and HDD s and still happen Im running out of ideas the only thing that could be is maybe the memorys or the power supply but i dont have any extra memorys or power supply to test them My PC specs are this Intel C D E GHz MSI P M M -L GB DDR SuperTalent GB HDD Western Digital SATA GB HDD Maxtor ATA ATI HD GB GDDR VTB w Power Supply Windows Ultimate x nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-strange-issue-with-my-pc.930022/
Relevancy 43%

I purchased a used IBM thinkpad t20 with a cd/dvd rom drive which swaps with a floppy drive. When I boot up, the cd/dvd is not recognized. If I insert the floppy, it gets recognized and the unplug icon appears. If I use the unplug to remove the floppy, and insert the cd/dvd, it gets recognized, and works fine. Then when I shut down and reboot later, it is gone again, and I have to repeat the process. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Running Win2000 by the way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-cd-rom-issue.351620/
Relevancy 43%

I strange issue Really had a friend come to me today with Really strange issue a computer that was having trouble connecting thru WiFi It was always coming up with the Limited Access For the life of me I couldn t figure it out so I decided to go to the basics with it noticed it had McAfee installed Uninstalled it managed to Really strange issue get connected to WiFi no problem afterwards I connected online and just attempted to Really strange issue go to Google when it wouldn t load Noticed that yahoo search wouldn t work but normal yahoo pages would Bing was also not functional It really only seemed to limit those websites I even managed to go to MalwareBytes and download run it with no problems It seemed to find something called cleanddm dll and something else that I can t remember off hand I let MalwareBytes remove it and have run it times since It shows this computer as clean I am still unable to connect to either of those sites but no other website seems to be affected Not really sure where to go from here Sorry for not posting the DDS logs DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by Amber at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Launch Manager dsiwmis exe C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerSvc exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LMutilps exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Acer Registration GREGsvc exe C Program Files Acer Acer Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent exe C Program Files x NTI Acer Backup Manager IScheduleSvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerTray exe C Program Files x EgisTec MyWinLockerSuite x SuiteTray exe C Program Files x EgisTec IPS PmmUpdate exe C Program Files x NTI Acer Backup Manager BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x Launch Manager MMDx Fx exe C Program Files x Acer clear fi Movie clear fiMovieService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LMworker exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerEvent exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x EgisTec IPS EgisUpdate exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Acer clear fi MVP clear fiAgent exe C Program Files x Acer clear fi MVP Kernel DMR DMREngine exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil n ActiveX exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k defragsvc C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows SysWOW cscript exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp yahoo com uSearch Bar Preserve mDefault Page URL hxxp acer msn com mStart Page hxxp ... Read more

A:Really strange issue

I'm sorry, you can delete this. Figured out it was some changed settings in the hosts file. I'm a dummy.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410803/really-strange-issue/
Relevancy 43%

I hope Some one with technical insights can help me with this. I have never encountered this before.

A:Strange hdd issue

VatosLocos said:

I hope Some one with technical insights can help me with this. I have never encountered this before.Click to expand...

I would perform a clean install,rather than a factory reset!!
Give that a shot and post back!

https://malwaretips.com/threads/strange-hdd-issue.55834/
Relevancy 43%

Windows 7
14 posts

hmm.. i reinstalled windows 7 and now no BSOD come yet. but i got another problem. i don't know what's going on, well follow my problem. when i shut down my computer and when display goes of, it's sid on monitor as a normal.. monitor goes to sleep. and that's cool but sumtimes more often ,, CPU itself, not switching off.. i ahve to press power button for few seconds to switch it off by force. and the second problem. after i 'm away from my pc and when it's an idle, and when i return and wanna enter to my pc.. when i click my mouse or even keyboard.. nothing changes, it still keeps sleeping (idling) and CPU works.. but can't enter into display ( it's still on idle mode) this thing wasn't happening for WINXP and after installing WINDOWS 7, im getting fed up of this bugs plz suggest

A:Strange Issue !

You may have to press the power button to wake the computer. Sometimes computers set their USB devices to power down during sleep mode which is why you can wake the computer with them.

There's most likely an option in your BIOS for Power Management > Wake by USB, Mouse, Keyboard, etc. If you turn on those settings then it might work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/78576-strange-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

First time poster - and I could/may be in the wrong section. But i was attempting to follow the steps to get itunes to acknowlage my 1st gen ipod nano again.( steps i was using can be found here)While attempting to empty my temp directory I got the following msg:perflib_perfdata_784.dat is in use by a program. Shut down program and attempt again.I shut down programs and attempted again, only to have the msg show again. I googled the .dat and that was how i discovered the fourm. What worried me though is most of the links pulled up by google involved malware/spyware.I'm currently running Ad-aware, I have Avast on active and I'm hoping this problem will resolve, but are there other options I should consider?

A:A Strange Issue..

Ad-ware finished just as I posted this. Here is the log for it should anyone find it useful.

Ad-Aware 2007 Build
Log File Created on: 2008-03-26 19:24:18
Using Definitions File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\core.aawdef
Computer name: TROUBLE
Name of user performing scan: SYSTEM

System information
===========================
Number of processors: 2
Processor type: Intel® Core™2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz
Memory Available: 67%
Total Physical Memory: 2137042944 Bytes
Available Physical Memory: 1413726208 Bytes
Total Page File Size: 4119588864 Bytes
Available On Page File: 3567734784 Bytes
Total Virtual Memory: 2147352576 Bytes
Available Virtual Memory: 1917374464 Bytes

Ad-Aware 2007 Settings
Skipping files larger than 1048576 kB
Ignoring infections with lower TAI than: 3
Extended Ad-Aware 2007 Settings
Unloading known modules during scan
Ignoring spanned files when scanning cab archives
Reanalyzing results after scanning before displaying results
Trying to unload modules prior to removal
Let Windows remove files currently in use at next reboot
Removing quarantined objects after restore
Deactivating Ad-Watch during scans
Writeprotecting system files after repairs
Include info about ignored objects in log file
Including basic settings in log file
Including advanced settings in log file
Including user and computer name in log file
Create and save WebUpdate log file

Databaseinfo
Version number: 64
Build Number: 0
Build Date and Time: 2008/03/25 06:52:38

Scan Statistics
Method: Full
Scan tracking cookies.............................: On
Scan ADS filestreams..............................: Off

Item Scanned: 398252
Infections Detected: 242
Infections Ignored: 0

Scan detailed statistics
Type Critical Total
Process Scan....: 0 0
Registry Scan...: 0 0
Registry PE Scan: 0 0
Hosts File Scan.: 0 0
File Scan.......: 0 0
Folder Scan.....: 0 0
LSP Scan........: 0 0
ADS Scan........: 0 0
Cookie Scan.....: 242 242
File Hash Scan..: 0 0

Infections Found
Family Id: 725 Name: Tracking Cookie Category: DataMiner TAI:3
Item Id: 600000598 Value: Browser: Internet Explorer Cookie: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Trouble\Cookies\index.dat uicentral.incgamers.com skin /new/
Item Id: 600000598 Value: Browser: Internet Explorer Cookie: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Trouble\Cookies\index.dat uicentral.incgamers.com __utma /
Item Id: 600000598 Value: Browser: Internet Explorer Cookie: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Trouble\Cookies\index.dat uicentral.incgamers.com __utmb /
Item Id: 600000598 Value: Browser: Internet Explorer Cookie: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Trouble\Cookies\index.dat uicentral.incgamers.com __utmz /
Item Id: 600000460 Value: Browser: Firefox Cookie: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Trouble\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles/gq858uy4.default\cookies.txt ad.yieldmanager.com __utma /
Item Id: 600000460 Value: Browser: Firefox Cookie: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Trouble\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles/gq858uy4.default\cookies.txt ad.yieldmanager.com bh /
Item Id: 600000460 Value: Browser: Firefox Cookie: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Trouble\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles/gq858uy4.default\cookies.txt ad.yieldmanager.com ih /
Item Id: 600000460 Value: Browser: Firefox Cookie: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Trouble&... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/138411/a-strange-issue/
Relevancy 43%

Howdy, I'm new here and need help (bet you've heard that > 4K times before)

I have an XP problem which has started recently - whenever I click on a folder/file, XP opens the rename dialog around the name (file/folder name turns blue, cursor appears & most annoyingly prevents scrolling). It makes navigating the file structure infuriating. Has anyone seen anything similar before? Know how to fix it? Nothing springs to mind which could have triggered this, it just started going wrong

(Its an ASUS eeePC - 1005HA with 2GB ram, everything else stock standard)

Thank you very muchly in advance for any input at all...

A:Strange XP Issue

I have M$oft Security Essentials (is that a good AV?) and it hasn't shown anything up. Is it worth using an online scanner (Panda/Trend)?

Unfortunately I don't have any backup / restore for this machine.

Is the renaming file/folder dialog appearing a common result of virus infection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-xp-issue.983638/
Relevancy 43%

OK USB issue strange HDD my laptop specs are listed and here are the specs of the drives I am using Toshiba USB HDD RPM GB quot drive Western Digital My Passport USB HDD GB not sure on speed both formatted NTFS when I plug both in and try and move even a single file MB or more from strange USB HDD issue one drive to another the transfer stops most time one of either of the drives becomes unreadable but the drive icon remains in the system even after unplugging it safely or not and windows CPU load remains or more and I have to restart the system to get it to return to normal Both drives are tested fine if I copy the file to the laptops drive no issues I can even copy GB worth as I am doing as I write this as a test I don't have access to any other computers at this time I have checked each drive for issues including viruses my system and drivers are clean I guess this could be a USB issue with the laptop not being able to read and write on channels or its an issue with windows Either way anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening and any possible fix I have a lot of files i want to move about GB worth and really don't want to do a USB to laptop to USB move as I don't want to tax the laptop drive with all the R W that it would take to move the files I even tried to clone the drive and NO GO

A:strange USB HDD issue

Go here. download and install the latest bios it has support for W7
Select software and drivers Compaq Presario CQ60-418DX Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

You could also install the nividia nforce chipset driver there if its a later version than you already have.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/44746-strange-usb-hdd-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

Here is a very strange issue that I would value some help issue Strange with if possible About a month ago my PC was prone to freezes on bootup When I eventually got into Windows the PC would often freeze again resulting in several bootups and system startup repairs etc I ran several free and paid-for hardware diagnostic applications which all gave the results that no hardware had issues I updated all the drivers so again eliminating any issues here With the problem I had with all Strange issue the associations to my programs dissapearing from my Start Menu Please see other thread for details I decided to do a full re-install of Windows and this went without any problems On booting up this morning I had the same freeze-up when Windows was loading When I got into Windows the first time the PC froze again After a second successful boot-up Windows now seems OK Can anyone throw any light upon this problem please Many thanks for your help and time

What protection apps are you currently running ? ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/209512-strange-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

i use a Atrie ADSL modem for my PC (xfx 680i sli +q6600,vista,xp)
modem Specs--
http://www.atrieindia.com/products/xDSL/PDF/DB108Ethernet_ADSL_Modem_UM.pdf

I have a netgear 8port switch and a frontech 8 port switch

the problem is whenever i try to use the modem directly without a switch it begins a chain of reboots and this continues..it happens in both vista and xp and in both the lan slots in my motherboard.even if i plug it via netgear router same thing happens , but this does not happen using a frontech switch

help

A:Strange Issue--Help!!!

Your "modem" is a modem/router, FWIW.

If you connect through the switch, the network works? If so, and it doesn't connected directly to the modem, my guess would be a power/grounding issue between the devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-issue-help.713207/
Relevancy 43%

Just came back from a restart and all of the sudden, ALL of my desktop icons have a little yellow padlock on the bottom left.

No idea how or why this is happening.

I haven't changed any settings/permissions, etc.

How do I "unlock" these icons?

What's going on over here Windows???

A:Strange Win 7 Issue

As far as i am aware this is a Windows 7 permission issue.

I would suggest you try this solution and see if it works for you.

Let me know how you go with that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/147708-strange-win-7-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

I am having an issue with one of our clients Windows XP Machine.

It is running IE 8.

We can't access any webpages using IE8 (Works fine using FireFox so I know that it isn't DNS)

I have checked all settings, proxy settings, cleared cache, history etc... reset IE settings, re-installed IE still to no avail

The strange thing tho, when I set the homepage to say google or anyother website in fact, the page loads fine, but when browsing from that page it doesn't load anything else.

Could anybody help?

Cheers

A:Strange IE Issue

In the advanced internet options try unchecking enable third party browser extenstion

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/strange-ie-issue-670934.html
Relevancy 43%

My with PC issue Strange PC started acting up this afternoon Strange issue with PC The screen went out like a cable came loose or something checked the cables and all was good so I tried to turn off but didn t work so switched off in the back and when I tried to turn it back on it didn Strange issue with PC t boot up but you could hear it running So I decided to take the PC apart and clean it thinking maybe it was dusty dirty I took the power unit off and opened it and cleaned all the dust and dirt out with some can air I then put everything back together except now the computer won t turn on at all The mother board has a green light on when the computer is plugged up so I believe its getting power but when I push the power button nothing I removed everything except my DVD drive and hard drive in case of conflicts but still nothing I have an ASUS P S -MX mother board with gigs of ram Up until this I had not had any issues with my PC nbsp

A:Strange issue with PC

It would be good if you could arrange for a different PSU to test. It seems like the power supply may be at fault.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-issue-with-pc.142212/
Relevancy 43%

im posting this wit a bit of pain... couple of days back, i've posted about adobe audition's icons problem (link: Planning 4 a new GFX Card.... ) but eventually i planned to buy a new GFX card as the graphics card might b the issue of this problem and also as per this forum too.. so i bought a new card.. reformatted windows 7, updated ati drivers and installed adobe audition, problem is still there in adobe audition's icons... plz see the attachments... one thing im sure that my old GFX card and new GFX card have this problem, im wonderin about wat wud b the real problem... plz plz help me...

A:strange issue

Hi there, I'm quite familiar with working in Audition. I find the interface more comfortable for my needs than the newer Soundbooth.

For just installing a new graphics card, you didn't have to reformat & reinstall 7, but a fresh clean start is great. I have a few questions for specifics...

1. How did you reinstall Windows 7? Did you restore from an image or do a clean install from your disc?

2. How did you install Adobe Audtion? Was it part of a CS collection? Do you have an .iso file you loaded, the retail disc, or a disc you made?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/173477-strange-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

It seems this problem I have has driven me to the brink of asking for help I hate that but do appreciate the wisdom of this site and I trust the moderators When the computer is first booted all is well as long as I continue to work with it If the computer is left for any length of time I will slow down exponentially to Issue Strange the point of a crawl I seems it has locked up but if the command if left to finish it will eventually complete albeit many minutes later I seems to aggravate the issue the longer the computer is left alone I first thought I had been hijacked but no network activity seems to be going on My final thought is that the Strange Issue SSD drive is defective I hope to get a little help from here I m sure there is software I can run to tell you all you need to know about the issue So without further adeau Happy helping and a Happy New Year Woops I am running Windows pro and I only do updates periodically because of the incessant rebooting PC Tools Antivirus and System Mechanic All up to date I have gone over the Virus checking with a moderator in the Malware Forums and all is well I just check the issue this morning and the Problem still exists This problem will also manifest itself if I leave the Win login page open for an extended period of time I m thinking It could be my gig SSD drive quot C quot I really have no experience with SSD drives so I do not know what a malfunction would look like Does anyone have any ideas Thanks again Dave

A:Strange Issue

<<...System Mechanic>>I just cannot imagine feeling the need to install this program...on Windows 7. My first guess would be that it contributes to whatever problems you have experineced.Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons: Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.
Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.
Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.
Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.
The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results". Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.Ed Bott's Webog: Why I don't use registry cleaners Do I need a Registry Cleaner?I would remove System Mechanic from the system...run chkdsk /r...run the sfc /scannow command or do a repair install...and then see how the system functions.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/370328/strange-issue/
Relevancy 43%

The background information Recently I was having a few issues deleting a file off my D drive this is Very strange issue not my OS partition I ended up modifying a few of the drive's administrative security properties I gave myself the only user on this PC 'Full Control' permissions of this drive I restarted the machine and when I came back the partition appeared to be gone I attempted to locate it in the command prompt with no success I finally used Disk Management to confirm that the partition was still there just not accessible The file format system NTFS was just missing completely Anyway after about a week of trying almost everything I could to repartition the drive I used everything from disk healing to disk recovery software the partition magically reappeared That drive is up and running fine now and that's not really why I'm posting this The Very strange issue issue Very strange issue I am not able to set a background or change any personalization features at all for that matter I can select a built in theme but the background images still don't appear What's more concerning Very strange issue to me is I can't use Explorer or My Computer to navigate into C Users or beyond Now obviously folders exist in C Users username desktop because I'm able to add and modify files and folders on my desktop Does anyone have any advice for this situation I have not found any success in my research for the solution Such as changing Ease of Access features to make sure Remove background images where available is not checked Thank you for your time Brad

A:Very strange issue

Try a System Restore to before you made the security change?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/119323-very-strange-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

I am having a problem with Internet Explorer version IE Strange Issue I am IE Strange Issue also using XP with SP There is IE Strange Issue a website that I cannot get to I get a message But when I try from another computer for example at work I can get to the website just fine I recently installed Hijack this and here is the log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system mqsvc exe C WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files CMEII CMESys exe C PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS DvzCommon DvzMsgr exe C Program Files Gator com Gator Gator exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE C WINDOWS webshots scr C Program Files Common Files GMT GMT exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www emachines com N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Vickie Flores Application Data Mozilla Profiles default vlwc vi slt prefs js O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run CXMon quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor exe quot O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run CMESys quot C Program Files Common Files CMEII CMESys exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Startup HotSync Manager lnk C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE O - Startup Webshots lnk C Program Files Webshots Launcher exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup DataViz Messenger lnk C WINDOWS DvzCommon DvzMsgr exe O - Global Startup ... Read more

A:IE Strange Issue

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You didn`t say which website it was that you couldn`t get to.

I have to say that your HJT log is a bit of a mess, and contains quite a lot of rubbish and spyware etc.

Go HERE and follow the instructions carefully. Print them out if you can.

Once you have done that go HERE for instructions on how to post your Hijackthis log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ie-strange-issue.24768/
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

Have just had the following appear as I was trying to click a picture that I personally uploaded in facebook. Any ideas why I would need to enter my router credentials just to view a picture in facebook?

I'm not a suspisious man but this seems like very untrustworthy behavior...

I've even logged out & back into facebook and the issue still occurs...

UPDATE: After closing down IE and trying to access the pic again, all is working as it should...Very strange indeed...

OS

A:Strange issue...IE8

This is why I never let any browser rememeber my router credentials, if it so happens that I need to make changes to port forwarding in NAT

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/146498-strange-issue-ie8.html
Relevancy 43%

hi,

i had problems with xp service pack 2, now as i said i cannot run anything in control panel, because rundll32.exe is missing it says but the file is in system32 directory, i beleive it is a kind of registry problem, after then wahtever i want to run it says application not found, andthen doesnt matter what kind of program i want to install windows tries to associate with a program, a dialog box appears and than doesn't setup any program. i don't understand at all what is the problem. i had a lot of spyware i clean them all before install sp2. help me out

one more thing is that even if i try to associate a program the dialog box which contains files and folders it disappears by itself.

A:very strange issue

Register the file by using Regsvr32.exe. For example, type the following command in Start - Run:

Regsvr32 rundll32.exe

If it registers, the following success code is displayed:

DllRegisterServer in rundll32.exe succeeded.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/very-strange-issue-43126.html
Relevancy 43%

I built a computer for my daughter a few months ago, and I used a very cheap case w/power supply. The computerrecently began powering off after about 10 minutes, so I replaced the power supply. After this, I could not get Windows to boot up, it would hang at the windows loading screen, the bar kept loading, but it would go on indefinetly. I attempted to run the Windows XP repair tool, but it would get to the "setup is now loading windows" screen and hang there indefinetly. I attempted to try this with a few different hard drives, and the problem continues. I flashed my bios settings, but that did no good. Does anyone have any troubleshooting advice on this matter?

Have unplugged everything and plugged it back in? (Cables mostly)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-issue.480166/
Relevancy 43%

Ok so let me start from the beggining. I have a Easy g4000 headset that uses both a audio jack and a mic jack as well as a usb (the usb doesn't work at all, and i cant seam to find the driver for it) I bought a logetich z323 external speaker system. When i plug the logetich into the back audio jack and the headset into the front only the headset works and vice versa. I am so confused I don't understand why both audios cant work together. Also it seems that both are being recognized as the same speaker unit. can anyone help?

A:Please help me this issue is so strange

Your audio card/chip should support this type of interface. An example of such is the Realtek Control Panel.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586041/please-help-me-this-issue-is-so-strange/
Relevancy 42.14%

I've a strange issue with Firefox.

Here's the deal. I have to use Firefox to listen to live streamed content from Giants.com - Giants.com | Gameday: Postgame because IE11 simply refuses to play live content there.

Anyway for some odd reason while using Firefox my sound suddenly cuts out and the only way to get it working again is to reboot. This strange issue happens nowhere but with Firefox. I've played games and listened to music for hours on end and this doesn't happen; I can listen to achieved content (not live) using IE11 all day long and it doesn't happen. This only happens when using Firefox

In fact it just happened now while typing this post and listening to the live post game show. So after I finish this post I have to reboot the system to get my sound back

Anyone seen this or know what's going on?

Thanks

A:Strange issue with Firefox

No, but if its any consolation I have streaming problems with F.F. too. I just change over to Maxthon if I want to watch/listen to something. NO problems with it. (I use F.F. as a "backup" type browser and not really a fan so use it sparingly)

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/315930-strange-issue-firefox.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am having a very strange issue on my two XP machines an Acer AspireOne netbook and a Dell Dimension They are both pretty much just guest computers but clean and running XP SP The Dell is using a Cat connection and the Acer is wireless Solved: Issue XP Strange Only G Now on to the issue these two computers are ridiculously slow when browsing the internet whether I m using IE FF or Chrome they creep On the Dell I attempted clean up and found nothing so I finally gave up and did a complete nuke and pave Still having the exact same issue It was so slow in fact that when I attempted to download Chrome after the n Solved: Strange Issue XP Only amp p the kb download was going to take over an hour But the transfer rate was Kb s When attempting to browse on this computers it takes several refreshes and half the time they still wont load all the images on the pages However pings are fine Solved: Strange Issue XP Only absolutely no loss and return times in the - ms range My other computers are perfectly fine Windows desktop Win laptops Backtrack PC Mac OSX machine They all run perfect no lag no problems These machines are also running through two switches after the router unlike the Dell which is running direct to the router I have also bypassed the router and gone direct to the modem Swapped Cat cables Pretty much everything I could think of There is no security on the computers at the time no proxy servers I m completely at a loss as to what the issue could be Any help would be appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I just replaced the HD in my laptop with an SSD and did a clean install of Windows 8.1. I have a very strange issue now. When I first try to run a program the icons disappear from the desktop for a second then reappear but the program doesn't run. The second time a do this the program starts right away. This happens with every program and Windows feature. If I double click on Control Panel it doesn't run the first time but starts immediately the second time I double click it...

Has anyone even heard of suck a strange thing?

A:Strange issue with Windows 8.1 and SSD

That would not be an SSD issue. That is Windows 8 & the Video driver causing that. Look in Administrative Tools > Events, and see if any problems are showing up. Also depending on the chipset manufacturer for the Graphics chipset for your computer. Download the driver directly from the mfg of the chipset website, vs. using the drivers that Windows 8.1 loaded.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43847-strange-issue-windows-8-1-ssd.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi guys,

I'm having a slight issue with my PC at the moment. I sometimes click restart or let a program restart the PC, it shuts down but then as it restarts it doesn't show the bios screen, nor does it make the beep. The screen says black but the power button is glowing blue. I end up having to press the power button to switch it off and then press it again to start it again (sometimes it just goes to a black screen and doesn't show the bios screen). Sometimes this doesn't work, so I end up pressing the power button to switch it off and then switch it off on the wall and switch it on again then press the power button and then it starts fine.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this / fix it?

My PC Specs are below.

Cheers,

Ross

A:Strange issue with restarting

Your power supply is way underpowered for everything you are running... I would upgrade it to at least 650 watts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/40993-strange-issue-restarting.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys ...I have a strange issue in my roaming profile where when I press the Star>print button in IE and there is no pop up where they show the select printers dialog box. But when I go to start Control panel> Printers. Then when I click on Print in IE, the select printer dialog box pops up. It doesnt happen in the local profile or when i open IE with admin rights.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/strange-issue-with-printing-in-ie-1067306.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong forum I'm currently using XP but my problem is a fairly generic one I installed some new RAM a few weeks ago upgrading from gig to gig Shortly after my computer started experiencing freezes but not the usual kind Rather then everything hanging my inputs cease to work - the mouse and keyboard are no longer responsive but if I'm listening to music on iTunes watching a video on Windows Media Player or playing a game the application keeps running I simply can't interact with it It usually happened when I was doing something memory intensive rarely when I was just browsing the web and not running videos or anything I've tried unplugging and re-plugging the mouse and keyboard and they've worked fine up until this point so I'm guessing it's not a issue Strange freezing hardware problem I recently removed the dodgy RAM sticks and went back to my original setup of gig of ram Strange freezing issue and figured I'd solved the problem since I was able to play Warcraft for about hours without it screwing up but it did it again a few hours ago when all I had running was Opera iTunes and Trillian It's definitely not iTunes because it's happened dozens of times when that wasn't running There's an ever so slight chance it could be Trillian but I'm fairly sure I installed that after this problem started Any help would be much appreciated

A:Strange freezing issue

Does this happen in Safe Mode?

Does it happen if;

You can check for things that start in addition to Windows.

Click start, run, type msconfig and press enter.

Look under Startup - uncheck EVERTHING!

Look under Services, check the box to hide MS Services, and again, uncheck EVERYTHING left.

Reboot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/strange-freezing-issue-423372.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Built a new rig a few weeks ago.

Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3-B3
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
8GB G. Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 2133

The CPU has been tested stable at this speed for 38 hours in Prime95. Six hours in Linpack. C1E and EIST are enabled.

Until a few days ago, S3 Sleep generally worked fine. Suddenly, I've run into a strange problem that's causing sleep to be essentially non-functional.

When I attempt to wake my PC from sleep, the fans and hard drive begin to spin up. After spinning for less than a second, they shut off. The computer sits idle for a few seconds, then begins a cold boot.

I have no idea what could be wrong.

A:Strange issue with sleep.

Hi,

I can only offer you some general debugging advice.

- make sure your BIOS is up-to-date

- make sure all Windows updates are installed

- make sure your graphics card driver is up-to-date

- check your Event Viewer (Start -> enter Event Viewer in the text box), and go through the Criticals, Errors and Warnings. Many times, they will give you useful information about what is going on inside

Hope this helps!

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/171157-strange-issue-sleep.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have been using a Logitech keyboard and if I really need the drivers I will try to get them but it works perfectly fine on other computers and on this one before I cleaned I thought maybe I damaged the keyboard purple plugin area to the motherboard so I brought it to a computer place and they got it working issue keyboard Strange immediately on their computer I bought a USB adapter thinking that would solve it I brought it back and it still didn t work Then I plugged it into another computer it worked fine Strange keyboard issue So the keyboard is still good I took the keyboard for that computer Strange keyboard issue and plugged it into this computer It is working fine So the purple area you plug the keyboard in on the motherboard works fine Are there any other possibilities besides a driver issue Again it worked perfectly fine on other computers and didn t need any installation of drivers It s a logitech gaming g keyboard they call it silver because a logitech mouse comes with it which has a silver look http www logitech com en-my support keyboard-mice-combos looks like there aren t any drivers Also how do we change our screen name on this forum nbsp

A:Strange keyboard issue

Which OS you are using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-keyboard-issue.1071346/
Relevancy 42.14%

I m trying to help out a friend of mine who is having a very rough time with downloads for some reason This is his problem If he opens up an attachment in Outlook from Issue) (Strange Help a friend. for an email it will download and about a quarter of the way through will just freeze The only way he can get it to continue is to close out of the program and open it back up and try and redownload the attachment and it goes a little bit farther and then freezes again He has to do this about or times just to get one attachment He has the same issue with videos online such as YouTube videos He can download about the first and then it just freezes The only way Help for a friend. (Strange Issue) he can get it to go farther is by closing out of the browser and then reopening for it to download a little farther and then freeze again till finally hes done it so many times that the video finally downloads all the way The only thing I could think of is some kind of malicious activity I know its not his ISP since he is able to stay connected to the Internet and download at least some but I haven t been able to go over there yet to check it out I know its a Dell computer and apparently this has been going on for a little while now If anyone knows anything of what it could be I would greatly appreciate the help as he needs this computer urgently for work Thanks guys nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I'm having a bit of weirdness with my machine Strange issue power the past few days I just picked up another Radeon for Crossfire on Friday and since I installed it I've had some odd power problems Before Strange power issue the install my machine would Strange power issue go to sleep normally and wake on a key press Since I installed the card it has failed to wake up three times Once I had a BSOD which stated quot Internal Power Error quot and twice it has just failed to resume forcing me to press the reset button to get it to wake up In one case starting up all of the fans and USB devices but no hard drive activity and no video I've got an OCZ Stealthstream PSU which is less than a year old and I can't believe that I'm short on power I did the PSU calculations and at full load I'm using around Watts The PSU is good for I lowered my overclock to reduce the power consumption and I had previously moved of the drives to another machine The only other addition was that I replaced my PCIe x serial card with one that was just PCI because my GPU fans eat my extra slots The thing is when it's running it's stable as anything I ran Memtest and then Prime for a couple of hours without errors If there was a power issue it should have browned out during the Prime testing I'd expect this from a cheap PSU but not when I'm almost Watts under the maximum Could this be sleep or hibernation messing up somehow I'm at a loss Any thoughts

A:Strange power issue

This is a guess, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it may be the video drivers.

From what I have seen with my CrossFire setups, the driver is automatically supposed to recognize the new card and that it is in CrossFire when it is installed. But sometimes something doesn't go quite right in the detection or with the interaction with the other AMD drivers: chipset, northbridge filter driver, etc.

You know, when you install the Catalyst Suite for your videocard, if you select Custom during the install, you have options for other non-video related drivers, right? I think that some of those other drivers don't work the way they're supposed to when you change the system config from single card to dual.

When I ran CrossFired 4870s or even with my current CrossFire setup, I have never had any problems that you have described concerning power issues, but I have had numerous BSODs that were always traced back to the video drivers. Each and every time, the problem was remedied by uninstalling Catalyst and the display driver, rebooting into safe mode and running Driver Sweeper, then rebooting again and installing the current Catalyst drivers.

I would try to uninstall Catalyst and any other AMD driver (from the Custom selection during uninstallation) that is not an *integral* system driver then going the route of Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode, then rebooting and installing the current Catalyst.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/86987-strange-power-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello all, i'm afraid i'm in need of some professional help.
I have searched the forum for an answer but nobody seems to have had this prob.
I have a sound coming through my speakers which sounds like a fast morse code type noise and this sound seems to change with the computers hard drive, eg when the hard drive speeds up the sound changes. I used to have this sound when i first had the computer at which time i was using onboard sound, but then i brought an edirol FA-66 which seemed to fix the problem but i've just brought a pair of KRK VXT4's and the sound is back!
Does anyone have any idea of what this feedback is and how it can be fixed?
Thanks in advance.

Setup:

Winxp
2gb
asus p5b deluxe
fa-66 sound card
krk vxt4 speakers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-sound-issue-like-no-other.878977/
Relevancy 42.14%

XP - Acer Extensa
1.6Ghz 3GB Ram

On first boot, it loads up to the xp loading screen gets past it then instantly turns off.

I need to manually turn it back on, it is temperamental, it can repeat this again and turn off.

After 1 attempt or 2 or 3 (it varies)

It does boot up windows correctly and works fine and doesn't restart at all during use, no performance issues or anything in event viewer as it seems to die straight at the Black XP logo screen.

It is a domain pc, overall runs good, no other issues.

Any ideas?

A:Strange bootup issue

Hi, have you tried listening out for any bleeps to indicate a hardware issue?

the error beeps are explained here
Computer POST and beep codes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/strange-bootup-issue-679314.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am having trouble with Ethernet connectivity I think I have narrowed it down to a bad Motherboard as but I want to make sure before I replace the Mobo Netwok Issue Strange The basic problem is that I cannot get network connectivity Strange Netwok Issue when I use a hard wired ethernet connection I can however connect to the internet when I use a wireless adapter I have changed the nic changed the cable plugged the computer directly into the broadband router reinstalled windows and even tried a usb ethrenet adapter all with the same result I can send packets but have recieved packets The firewall in wondows xp is off and I only have winows xp installed fresh with nothing else installed but sp and all the latest updates are installed I have even connected another compute to the network connection in that bedroom and it has no problem connecting to the internet Is it possible for a motherborard to go bad only with ethernet connection especially in a case where the nic is a pci card and not on board Any suggestions Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Strange Netwok Issue

Actually, if you've tried a different adapter, I'd be inclined to believe it's not the MB. Let's do some testing. Connect the cable to the router, and do the following.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

After that process, please do this.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-netwok-issue.630674/
Relevancy 42.14%

I've got an *.avi file on my hard drive that plays in Windows Media Player 10 just fine (video and audio), however, when I email the file to someone else, or myself, only the audio plays from that file. I ran GSpot and found that I have the correct codec installed (which makes sense, since I can play the file just fine off my hard drive). I did find that once I save the emailed file to my hard drive, it plays just fine (video and audio).

Does anyone know what the cause of this is? I don't know if there's a setting in WMP 10 or if it's an issue with my email program (OE 6). Some people don't like to save email attachments to their hard drive. They just like to play or view them directly from the email. Anyone know the solution?

Relevancy 42.14%

I ll get straight to the point My wireless internet has been acting strange lately My Strange Internet issue connection just goes out to a quot limited connectivity quot or quot local only quot on my laptop at the most random times for a few minutes at a time then comes back on and so forth It s been doing this for a month and I have no idea how to fix it It s extremely frustrating especially when playing online games and the connection just goes out randomly I have comcast tv phone and internet service and have had it for about a year now and haven t had problems since about last month so I m not sure it s them I ve Strange Internet issue called them about times dealing with it and with that I ve changed my ethernet cables got a Strange Internet issue new router they ve came out and quot boosted quot our router signal unplugged and replugged back in the router and modem etc and nothing at Strange Internet issue all seems to help as this problem still is happening Can someone please help Thanks nbsp

A:Strange Internet issue

Download iSSIDer and run on scan for wireless in your area. You might be getting slammed buy others wireless signals in area.
You had mentioned you had changed the router, but you didn't say anything about the wireless on the laptop? Did you try uninstalling the driver or reinstalling it. Get another adapter and see if the issue goes way. Or have a friend come in and see if he or she has the same issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-internet-issue.147651/
Relevancy 42.14%

About 2 weeks ago my keyboard started to act very strange. Basically all the keys got wacked out somehow. For instance when I hit a lett it hits a number with it :I:E: say I hit the letter H..it will show up as h7 and if I hit u it will show up as U~ and the like. Now the number's themself work fine as does Esc and Numlock but backspace hits a letter instead of deleting like it should. I am using a HP Keyboard with Windows98 SE. The only way I can solve it is to press down on as many keys as I can and hold them for about 10 seconds. I havent installed any new software or hardware. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it very much.

Relevancy 42.14%

This is a post I have on the forum particular game Strange with Issue for the specific game Heroes of Newerth everything works fine in WoW and Dragon Age however I cannot pin the issue directly to the game It only happens when I open the game but Strange Issue with particular game it seems to be a bigger problem http honlabs com consolelog id ac rH C logMost recent console log This issue started happening yesterday evening Everything was working fine in the afternoon nothing new was installed or changed When I open HoN the first black screen with the logo has a few small places with green pink purple pixels As it loads the main login screen it makes various robotic beeping noises and the screen flickers Strange Issue with particular game in localized areas Other times the entire screen becomes green pink pixels Sometimes the game crashes sometimes I can close it myself Most of the times the colored pixels remain on my desktop It would appear to be a video card issue such as overheating but it works fine in other games After crashing closing when I try to open HoN again I get a memory management blue screen instantly I have tried updating video card drivers checking for dust temperatures anything I can think of After this problem occurs my sound card also seems to stop functioning correctly Operating System Windows Professional -bitSystem Model TF A Processor AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor CPUs Memory MB RAMVideo Card GeForce GTSound Card HTO Striker PSU Raidmax Aurora WI ll try to upload a few more console logs if they are different I know there was one that mentioned an out of bounds memory error as well as a shader problem EDIT http honlabs com consolelog id FtWm I logHere is another log this time the game opened nothing wrong with the loading screen but then crashed I also got a quot A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly quot error This is the first time I received this error The console logs don t really seem to have anything useful Since then I have also tested my RAM CPU and GPU individually and at the same time with both load tests and integrity checks I have tried one stick of ram in each slot using both sticks and various slots I have gotten blue screens with errors irql not less or equal memory management and also different bugchecks a and a I spent quite a bit of time trying everything and anything I could think of any help would be great Thanks

A:Strange Issue with particular game

System requirementsMinimum:Processor - 2.2GHz Pentium 4 / AMD 2400+ or fasterRAM - 1GB of RAMVideo Card - GeForce 5 and ATI 9800 w/ 128 MB VRAMWindows XP, Win2k or Windows VistaNetwork Connection Required http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/specs_pop.htmlI do not see Windows 7 listed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289400/strange-issue-with-particular-game/
Relevancy 42.14%

Salutations SevenForums People This week I started using a new PC with Win Ultimate There is something wrong with the way my keyboard responds in all first person shooter games The move forward key stops working when I hit other keys For example when I hold the move-forward key down my guy will continuously move forward until I hit a strafe key or a melee key etc At that point my character stops moving forward and I have to release the forward key amp then press it again in order to keep moving forward In other words Strange Issue Keyboard Very it's not digitally continuous The same thing happens if I strafe left or right or move backwards As soon as I hit a combination of keys the movement halts It requires a constant re-pressing of the key to continue moving In summary My keys are 'interrupted' when I press other keys they are not constantly activated when depressed The problem does not occur with mouse inputs I've changed the keyboard amp mouse and the USB ports they're connected to and the problem persists I've done all updates to BIOS operating system chipset drivers 'Sticky keys' is not on neither is 'filter keys' My regional keyboard setting is English US and that's all I've Very Strange Keyboard Issue ran an antivirus scan amp combofix amp my system is clean just reformatted I've disabled everything except the necessities in system configuration There are no infections or app threads disrupting me and everything is fine with my PC except for this keyboard issue in gaming I'm at a loss as to what is causing this It's a very tricky subject to search on Google and I've had no luck there So here is my forum post hopefully somebody can suggest a resolution Thank you for any help Thaigrr

A:Very Strange Keyboard Issue

Hello and welcome to the forums,

That is a very tricky one, you are right!

Reading through your post, it looks like you have tried everything! What are the 1st person games it is happening in?
Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/300392-very-strange-keyboard-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have been using Media Player classic for a while now. All of sudden (i think) whenever I'm playing a movie/anime, whether its on a dvd or otherwise, and set the sound for "dolby stereo" then the voices are very very VERY faint......but the music and the sound affects are loud and good. Any ideas?

A:very strange sound issue...

one channel in your audio settings is turned down? a speaker is out? could be a lot of things...try testing each speaker and going through the speaker setup tool (if you still have it installed) and snooping through the surround levels
-mphair

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-strange-sound-issue.427081/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am running a VM of Windows Evaluation Edition but I don't think this is a visualization issue so please don't move this thread as I Boot Strange Issue think it would happen on bare metal as well I have over days left and the last two boot sessions involved changing a theme to quot aeromod quot On the last boot session no changes were made Upon bootup today the logo screen loads and fade but the logon screen NEVER appears Instead I see the power symbol appear towards the bottom left intermittently I have tried hitting a key typing in a password and hitting Strange Boot Issue lt enter gt to simulate me logging in But nothing ever appears I tried lt f gt to load safe mode but I could never do that does even have safe mode Has anyone ever heard of this issue EDIT I have managed to try Automatic Repair and get in to safe mode I cannot boot to safe mode since it stops where the login screen should be Also I am unable to complete SFC including the offline method as I get the error quot Windows Resource Protection could not perform the operation quot

A:Strange Boot Issue

That "power" symbol I said was flashing on once in a while was the "Internet Status" icon on the lock down/logon screen. That's all that appears. Is there any way to get to some sort of maintenance mode to repair this installation?

Thanks everyone.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55365-strange-boot-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have an old Issue Strange Keyboard wired MS Natural Keyboard that I love multiple carpal tunnel surgeries It has worked flawlessly for many years I leave my PC on as I am part of a cooperative weather reporting network and I automatically upload the information from my weather station every minutes I usually reboot only after having some kind of issue or install an upgrade that requires it A couple of months ago I started Strange Keyboard Issue having a strange random issue with the keyboard after using Fast User Switching to move between users on my Home Premium x Dell desktop system If I need to switch between users more than just a few times suddenly most but not all of the keys on my keyboard stop functioning Strange Keyboard Issue when I get to the User Login Screen The mouse works but only the Enter Tab amp Esc keys work I don't get any kind Strange Keyboard Issue of error or notification and there's nothing in the system logs I've tried pressing all the other keys both one at a time and in known combinations like Ctl-Alt-Del to see if I get any response but only these keys do anything The only way I can get back normal keyboard function is to use the mouse to Restart the PC I can use the Accessibility Function to bring up the on screen keyboard and use the mouse to enter the User Password and complete a login but the keyboard issue is still there until the PC is rebooted Over the last few weeks I've searched for an answer but haven't found one I suspect this is due to a OS patch or software install I do daily restore points but since I don't know exactly when it began there's no way to know where to restore to I have a system repair disk that was made recently but I have no way of knowing if it's before or after the event that triggered this strange keyboard issue Has anyone else seen this issue recently I'm pretty knowledgeable of Windows but I'm no expert I'm open to suggestions

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/402692-strange-keyboard-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

First this problem is extremely low priority It s not a problem or something that is causing me from doing something or hurting anything It s just so issue. Volume OSD Strange odd that I couldn t Strange Volume OSD issue. find anything on it from Google Second a few background things I am running Windows XP Professional on a custom built PC My keyboard has no software and is just a generic PS wireless keyboard Strange Volume OSD issue. I have no software that I m aware of that shows the Volume OSD I was in VS the other day when this problem first happened I m pretty fast at typing and therefore was unaware what key sequence caused the anomaly However as I was typing suddenly a volume OSD appeared on my screen It surprised me so naturally I tried to replicate it I retyped the entire line of code I was working on many times but never saw the problem again Today I opened VS back up and it happened again This time the line was considerably shorter and I found the problem sequence It s tricky but I can now get it to happen every single time This is not limited to only VS as I can get it to work in any application or simply on my desktop Anyway if I type these exact letters within split seconds of each other while holding the left shift the volume OSD pops up every time quot HDC quot no quotes when typing it It s so odd but I know there has to be something installed running that is causing it to pop up I ve tried left shift and each of the letters alone but nothing else seems to trigger it I have to push the left shift not the right one and type HDC Any clues as to what program this may be or how I can figure it out I ve run through my running applications to see if I didn t recognize any of them but no luck there I was able to account for each and every one of them nbsp

A:Strange Volume OSD issue.

sounds like your volume control is linked to a hot key which you are hitting. Since this is a custom pc check out the sound control software installed. Odds are it was updated when you did the mainboard driver updates with a mainboard supplied overlay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-volume-osd-issue.788281/
Relevancy 42.14%

If I tell the computer to sleep it will, but it will not go to sleep on its own. I can use system restore and it will but as soon as I open the power options menu it stops working again. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

amd Phenom II x4 810 2.60 GHz cpu
8Gb kingston hyperx ram ddr2 1066 (240-pin)
gigabyte ga-ma790fx-ud5p motherboard
windows vista home premium 64-bit
xfx ati radeon 4890 1GB DDR5 2DVI PCI-e GPU

A:Strange sleep issue

Welcome
Possibly this fine tutorial will help for both Vista and Seven
Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems
Also
Try with a clean boot and see if that helps. If it does we can use the Clean boot procedure to solve
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Make sure that you have the most current BIOS version

Make sure graphic drivers are up to date.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290748-strange-sleep-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Brand new installation of Windows 7 Home Premium (32 bit) on a Dell Optiplex 755, when I first boot the system, the following gets assigned:

IP Address: 192.168.1.116
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server: 192.168.1.1
DNS Server: 192.168.1.1

I can ping the server and any other device on the network but there is no Internet access on the system unless I disable the network adapter and re-enable it.

Intel 82566 onboard NIC

- uninstalled device & deleted drivers & rebooted
- re-installed drivers (same issue)
- changed DNS to Google servers (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) & rebooted (same issue) - set to auto again after
- assigned a static ip of 192.168.1.201 & rebooted (same issue) - set to auto again after
- set speed of the NIC to 100 MB duplex & rebooted (same issue) - set to auto again after
- disabled all startup items via msconfig & rebooted (same issue) - enabled all used startup items after

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Strange network issue

Did some more research and saw a few references to the Apple Bonjour service, tried disabling the service and rebooted, the network came right up.

Somehow the "new" installation of Windows 7 on the refurbished Optiplex 755 had iTunes and Quicktime (and NetZero) preinstalled.  

Uninstalled all Apple software (Bonjour Service, Software Update, iTunes, QuickTime).  

Double checked the services and the Bonjour service was removed.

Installed the current version of QuickTime & rebooted, network still comes right up.

The end.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505250/strange-network-issue/
Relevancy 42.14%

I was trying to search but Strange display issue since I have some trouble describing this problem in a few words I couldn t find any really good search terms So here s my problem and forgive me if it s been asked and answered at all recently I have a P running XPpro a Radeon x graphics card and an Optiquest quot widescreen monitor which looks great at x Everything was fine until about a month ago when I updated ATI s Catalyst Control Center driver support software It had been running already but I updated to the newest version Ever since then I have had a strange recurring problem When the computer starts up or when I switch accounts the screen is larger than my monitor By this I mean I can see only part of my screen if I move the Strange display issue mouse to the edge of the screen it scrolls over It s quite odd When I open up the catalyst control center it shows the correct resolution which is obviously not right To fix the problem I have to set the resolution to another setting apply the change then change it back Sometimes the x setting won t show up on the list when I change it the first time So I might have to change it to something else again and THEN back to x And then it will be fine Until the next time I have to restart or log out It s not a breaking thing I mean I can still get by but it s damn strange and I can t find a fix I tried - uninstalling catalyst control center and using just the driver Didn t solve it Here s another tidbit Sometimes when I open the catalyst control center software the quot selected display quot says quot Default VGA monitor quot and other times will show it as the q wb which is accurate I have updated to the latest unsigned diplay driver from Optiquest s site for the monitor - which is the Microsoft unsigned driver Any gurus out there who can steer me right I m not a computer genius but I m no neophyte either I d like to know the why of this not necessarily just how to fix it - although I ll gladly accept a fix Thanks so much nbsp

A:Strange display issue

Nobody? This issue vexes me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-display-issue.622339/
Relevancy 42.14%

ok so here is the thing i have a dell laptop that was installed a little while ago if i try to connect to my wireless network at work it is ok it works i introduced the laptop into a domain now if i want to connect to my wireless network it doesn t work any more if i logout and login locally i can see wireless networks one that is my company and one of someone else in the building if i login on the domain only the second wireless network appears now does any one have any ideeas why i can see my wireless network only if i an logged in locally on the laptop why doesn t it appear any more while i log on on the domain if i login locally i can see the network connect to it the dhcp gives me an ip address andi can connect to the internet so everything works just fine then thanks in anticipation nbsp

A:wireless strange issue

no ideeas at all????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-strange-issue.857338/
Relevancy 42.14%

Dear Forum Summary I deleted system's Issue the [BUG] with Strange Very Pagefile pagefile because I want to run the system fully on ram gb but dxdiag still reports that gb is occupied by the deleted pagefile [BUG] Very Strange Issue with the Pagefile I cannot find the file It seems to be deleted however gb is missing from my hard drive It is a painful situation because my system runs on gb ssd therefore leaving me only GB of free space on the drive C Explanation Look at the pictures You can see that there's GB of space in total on the drive GB is occupied but only GB of free space is left Page file does not exist yet dxdiag reports that GB is occupied by the page file Notice I am not saying it is the page file but I would believe that this is somehow connected Please help me to resolve this problem Thank you in advance for any help Originally Posted by DxDiag txt ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Operating System Windows Enterprise -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - X CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode VIRTUAL MEMORY DISK C SUMMARY FULL FILES LIST IN THE ROOT DIR TOTAL SIZE OF ALL FILES ON THE DISK C FREE SPACE ON THE DISK C

A:[BUG] Very Strange Issue with the Pagefile

Hello WoAyumi. Welcome to Eight Forums.

Just asking, I don't see hiberfil.sys listed there. Did you untick the system files listing from folder options.
Did you delete the hiberfil.sys > Win + X >Command Prompt > Admin > powercfg.exe -h off
(hibernation file mimics size of physical memory available) empty your recycle bin and reboot

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39094-bug-very-strange-issue-pagefile.html
Relevancy 42.14%

So recently last day or so something changed and now i have to disable driver signature enforcement at every start up in order for my headset to work. It was working fine before. I unplugged it when useing it on another computer. then plugged it back into this one and it tells me the driver is not valid. i have removed said software and disconnected headset and reinstalled and no change. its very annoying. any ideas?

Headset is Gamecom 780.

A:Strange driver issue

Check for an updated driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-driver-issue.1048024/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi there I was messing about with the Bluetooth features on my Acer Aspire to sync a cell phone Display A Strange Issue up when I accidentally changed my display settings Suddenly I found myself in dual-monitor mode looking at my desktop background without any of my icons or my Start menu I deduced very quickly that my laptop monitor had been switched to dual monitor mode as I was able to scroll left off-screen and A Strange Display Issue bring icons over to my side of the screen The problem however has persisted and though I ve used my computer s display switch short-cut it s been of no use Fn F --the screen goes blank and as soon as I move the mouse it goes back to the way it s been Fixing it has been a pain since I m working blind--I can log-in blind but I can t change my settings back blind What can I do Thanks I m using Acer Aspire Windows Vista Home Basic

A:A Strange Display Issue

I forgot to add that I do not have an extra monitor on hand, so I cannot simply plug my laptop into another monitor. Should I just go to System Restore and reboot?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361063/a-strange-display-issue/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I hope I'm posting this in the appropriate forum I will try to make this long story as short as possible I had an HP ZV that my dog spilled nyquil on -- obviously it was fried At the time I had accidental coverage strange very issue startup so very strange startup issue sent it in to HP to be fixed When it came back it was in the body of a ZX which I assumed was done because they had the same processors However it had the following startup issue I really needed the computer so could not afford the time to send back to HP On the first startup it will either start very slowly hanging at different points of the XP blue status bar or will power up and just have a blank screen As a workaround I can manually turn off and on the power until it eventually loads 'normally ' I should also mention when it has slow startup it runs very slowly as well If I do a restart it also starts up fine and generally runs fine after this I have tried everything I can think of checking RAM reintsalling XP which I don't mind doing again starting with no services or drivers installed etc etc I am starting to think it might be a motherboard issue but after reading countless posts and articles it doesn't seem to exhibit the usual motherboard issues of just shutting down suddenly On a side note -- I tried posting this new thread on IE and Firefox and keep getting page cannot be displayed same issue with sending in Yahoo mail but I can address this separately if need be I am using a different computer to post this Any ideas on the startup issue would be greatly apprciated Cheers Schneep

A:very strange startup issue

just a note that I solved the posting and email issue by restting the MTU.
I also have a hijackthis log from a 'good' start and a 'bad' start if this helps at all.

Cheers,
Schneep

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/very-strange-startup-issue-228328.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Okay here Strange issue. boot s the story Last week my computer had some pretty bad crashes I was doing some strenuous activities CS and Solidworks and it just blew right out of windows worse than a blue screen it was more like a power failure Shortly after the machine wouldnt boot up and only after waiting a while was I able to get it to start However it blew out of windows again and it finally got to a point that I was unable to start the system at all I d talked to a technician at my work and he said Strange boot issue. it Strange boot issue. was probably the power supply going on the system and that I should replace it Following his advice I replaced my old PSU with a new W PSU The system booted and actually got power However once it got to the Windows loading screen with the progress bar it crashed and rebooted I tried rebooting again to no avail just the same problem Now Strange boot issue. I can t get into Windows and I desperately need to access some files Any ideas nbsp

A:Strange boot issue.

"blew out of windows"?? never heard that one before, and I'm not even sure what you mean...lol

If you're running WindowsXP, press and hold F8 while booting and select "last known good configuration"

-or-

Press F8 while booting and choose "safe mode", then run system restore (to a date prior to the initial problem)

If neither of those options work, boot from yourXP CD/DVD and choose a repair install to fix any corrupted system files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-boot-issue.441253/
Relevancy 42.14%

When browsing through the seven forums my theme of choice is black beta, today when i click back one page the theme changes to default then once changed it stays default going forward ,it will only revert back to my theme of choice if i refresh the browser page. is this my issue or something on seven forums end ?

A:strange issue in firefox

Maybe check to see if your preferred skin in set as default from your UserCP.

Logout and clear your cookies/temps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/85542-strange-issue-firefox.html