Windows Support Forum

I think I lost My Pictures

Q: I think I lost My Pictures

I read that to create a backup CD of My Pictures I I I Pictures think lost My should drag the My Pictures desktop shortcut icon to the CD drive shortcut icon and drop it there I think I lost My Pictures I did that I closed My Pictures and played the newly created CD I looked at several pictures Confident that my pictures were now safe on the CD I deleted most of the pictures in My Pictures Still confident I emptied the Recycle Bin Today I needed a couple pictures from the CD I opened the CD and Xclicked the My Pictures icon thinking I was going to view the pictures I had put on the CD Finding only a few pictures I realized that the My Pictures icon on the CD had opened the My Pictures file on the computer Can anyone tell me how I can get to the pictures on the CD As long as that My Pictures icon is on the CD I don t know how to get past it The CD is a CD-R so I can t remove the icon I m thinking if I could somehow disable the My Pictures on my computer I could get to the pictures on the CD and make a new CD without the My Pictures icon Or do it on a different computer that doesn t have a My Pictures program I m using Windows XP home nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I think I lost My Pictures

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: I think I lost My Pictures

It sounds like you copied the shortcut to My Pictures onto your CD. Double click on My Computer, right click on the CD you have supposedly copied your pictures to, then click on Explore. You should be able to browse your pictures. Or instead of clicking on Explore, click on Properties. It should tell you the total MB of pictures. 300 pictures would probably be couple hundred MB. If that's not what you see, then thing didn't go as you hoped.

At this point, you should prepare yourself that some of the pictures might be unrecoverable. Use programs like Recuva or Photorec and see what can be recovered. Better to install these on a USB drive rather than C: (assuming that's where you saved the pictures) and risk overwriting the "deleted files".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-i-lost-my-pictures.170015/
Relevancy 58.91%

Was having problems with virtual memory and computer coming to a complete stop due to downloading a Norton upgrade. My computer tech suggested backing up everything on my computer and reloading Windows XP Home Edition. He backed up what he thought was everything on my computer that was under my user name and reloaded my computer but my pictures in my Kodak pictures file were not under my user name; therefore, all of my pictures are gone. The tech has now transferred everything on my computer over to his computer and is now trying to find the pictures. Anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve the pictures? Has anyone ever had to send the computer to a lab to get info retrieved and how much does it cost? Thanks for your help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-have-lost-all-my-pictures-in-my-kodak-pictures-file.682192/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have been infected with something for a few weeks now. When I was first infected one of those fake antispyware boxes popped up along with a hard drive failure icon. This virus has wiped out all of my pictures and files and redirects me everytime I search on the intenet. I have tried malwarebytes, avg scan, system restore, using the notepad and deleting host files then reseting my internet explorer settings ect... Nothing is working. I have attempted to read a few posts here and am obviously too computer illiterate to do anything further on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated!Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:I am lost! Virus redirecting internet, lost all files and pictures..

BOOT THE PC INTO SAFEMODE WITH NETWORKINGDownloadhttp://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/unhide.exeRun the unhide FIXDownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Please download GMER from here(doesnot work on 64 bit OS)http://www2.gmer.net/download.phpTemporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic Full Scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply. DownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443466/i-am-lost-virus-redirecting-internet-lost-all-files-and-pictures/
Relevancy 50.31%

I randomly lost all my pictures in my "My Pictures" Folder I don't understand why and what would the best way to go about fixing it. I have done data recovery before but I'm not sure other things may have been lost as well.

A:Lost all my pictures in my "My Pictures" Folder

Is it related to this?

How do I dual boot a computer with two versions of Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/310061-lost-all-my-pictures-my-my-pictures-folder.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I formatted my hard drive 1-1.5 years ago in that accident I lost my valuable pictures can anybody suggest me the possible way to get them back i am very desperate to get them back.

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello, I have just bought a portable hard drive to try and clear up my computer, and while in the F Drive I had picked up a folder to move it, however it never went anywhere. This is a huge folder, with about 6000+ photos in it (a very important folder) I have searched for them in "search" but I have had no luck. I am feeling a little stressed. Any ideas or assistance would be fantastic! Thanking you! Amy

A:Lost Pictures

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-pictures.772898/
Relevancy 50.31%

I saved a bunch of pictures on a DVD and now I get only this message:

[.ShellClassInfo]
[email protected]%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21815

and all the folders are gone. Is there a way to retrieve them? Thanks.

A:Lost pictures on DVD!

Hello indovina, welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

This link may be of help to you: Free File Recovery Software - Power Data Recovery is an all-in-one free data recovery software that could help you to recover your lost data from hard disk, CD, DVD disk, memory stick, memory card, and flash drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/180566-lost-pictures-dvd.html
Relevancy 50.31%

i lost all my pictures and can not get them back

Relevancy 50.31%

i uploaded some pictures from my digital camera that does not use a memory card to a hp pavilion notebook pc. i did see the pictures on the computer and i only needed one picture to stay on the pc to be moved to a file. once i did that, i started deleting the other pictures from the pc, not knowing that the camera was deleting the pictures as well. i went to the recycle bin, i seen files but i did not see the actual pictures, so i restored everything that was in recycle bin. now i cant find the pictures at all. can someone please help me, i am computer illiterate, i have only basic knowlege of an computer. we use windows vista. thank you.

A:lost pictures

Hi and welcome to TSG.

It might help us to help you if you told us the brand and model number of the camera.

Did you use any special software to move the pictures form the camera to the computer? Were you able to see the camera under "My Computer" in Windows Explorer and able to access the picture files on the camera to move them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-pictures.968472/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,
I was using my computer (laptop Dell inspiron 8600 windows xp) this afternoon and closed it. After about an hour I came back to use it but I noticed that my screen saver picture was gone as well as all the pictures in my folders and all my documents. Please help me wit this..

Thanks a lot

A:I seem to have lost all my pictures

Hi and welcome to TSG,

Click here and then scroll down to and click on hijackthis self installer to download HJTsetup.exe

Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-seem-to-have-lost-all-my-pictures.567848/
Relevancy 50.31%

I used to be able to see the logos on sites like ebay, and the graphics on things like greetings cards from Blue Mountain. Now all I get is a red cross in a box where the pictures used to be.

I did have a lot of problems with adware, malware, spyware, trojans, diallers, etc, a couple of weeks ago and the problem started around the same time. I have tried (briefly) shutting down ZoneAlarm Pro, Spy Sweeper, AVG7 - one at a time, to see if they are blocking pictures.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
Cat

A:Lost pictures

you might try emptying your "temp" folder and "temporary internet files" folder.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/lost-pictures-22098.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Something strange occured on my computer. Within last week everything in MyPictures folder (except link to Sample Pictures) lost somehow. I did not find any traces of my 3000+ photos in Recycle Bin, in neighbouring locations of Windows Explorer tree and even searches of lost (deleted) files with some freeware recovery soft. Could it be some of the recent updates, after what my computer was restarting automatically? Has anyone any clue, where to search or how to avoid such of surprises in the future? I had some backups on external devices, but not all...

A:Everything lost in Pictures

Welcome to the Forum

If the pictures were given titles, by you, did you try entering those names in search? If they are still on your hide drive, search will help you find the location.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/270548-everything-lost-pictures.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi folks,

I've lost "My Pictures"!! Yesterday, I was about to open it to attach a picture to an email when, as I hovered over it with my mouse, that file moved. Somehow, it scooted down a file to "My Videos". I opened that file to try and move "My Pictures" back out of it, but it had disappeared! It WAS there, I saw it! Then POOF!

I looked in Windows Explorer, I did a Search for it, I've checked my Owner's Files. It's nowhere to be seen! Please help me find it, and if possible, help me to understand what the heck happened. Thanks a bunch.

Regards,

Eagle7

A:I've Lost "my Pictures"

Instead of searching for the folder, try searching for the name of one of the pictures in the folder. Hopefully this will lead you to where your pictures have disappeared to.

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73470/ive-lost-my-pictures/
Relevancy 50.31%

Dell Dimension E all pictures my HJT log..lost jpg OS WIN XP Media Center Browser Internet Explorer I would appreciate someone to check my HGT log I HJT log..lost all my jpg pictures am especially concerned with the boldface items Have lost all my jpg pictures in quot My Pictures quot amp have no clue why If this is not the correct forum please move for me I also had to try times before TSG would allow me to post Thanks much Netty Here HJT log..lost all my jpg pictures is log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan HJT log..lost all my jpg pictures saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe C Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c Program Files BAE BAE dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot c Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run DLA C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run UfSeAgnt exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe quot O - HKLM Run Zune Launcher quot c Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe quot O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http www pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CAB O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft ... Read more

Relevancy 50.31%

i nreed help finding my lost pictures in my kodac easy share

Hi and welcome.

Have you done a search for your pictures? I'm assuming you downloaded them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-pictures.676920/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have got the library all screwed up and can't find some pictures .Can someone help me ?? Searching doesn't find those that are lost.

Quote: Originally Posted by Herm61

I have got the library all screwed up and can't find some pictures .Can someone help me ?? Searching doesn't find those that are lost.

Click on Start > Computer. Then click on the partition where you think the file might be. It shouldn't be too hard to locate your pictures. Write down the drive and folder they are in. When you have done that, we can then continue and fix your Libraries to go straight to them each time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/336056-lost-pictures.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have Windows XP. My husband downloaded a lot of pictures, but he didn't do it they way I do it. I know the pictures are on the computer somewhere because they pop up on the screen saver slide show. We can't find them anywhere. He doesn't know what program he used or if he named a file. Any thoughts?

Relevancy 50.31%

I was browsing through my files on my new laptop and found a folder called "recently changed" with all my new music and saved msn conversations etc on it. These were already saved in my documents folder and I thought that this was an extra folder so I sent them to the recycle bin. I realised that everything had been deleted so I restored everything from the recycle bin, even though the recycle bin got emptied nothing was restored. Later on I took a few pictures with an integrated webcam. The next day they dissappeared. Please help as I had touched nothing else after that and I don't know what could have happened to them. I hope they won't keep deleting automatically. :S:S
Thanks..

Relevancy 50.31%

I had a virus on my pc and ran a antimalware program...got rid of the virus but it completely messed up all my personal pictures and some of my documents. They now have very strange file extensions like: .w9to .09pqm .z3 .65r .z3tgk that I cannot open. Please how can I fix this????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-all-pictures.1165397/
Relevancy 50.31%

While working in kodak easy share software my pictures disappeared. I also get a message that says Kodak easy share software has encountered a problem and needs to close. Then it does. If I choose to report the problem to Dell (an option I am given) it asks me to download an upgrade. This does not help.
I can see the individual albums and the first picture in the album but I cannot open any album and I am unable to work within the program at all. My pictures are still in my computer I can find them if I do a search. I want to know what happened to the program and I would like to be able to access my pics in this program for printing and saving purposes. I have a dell computer with windows xp.

Kodak easy share seems to cause so many problems ...I suggest you download Picassa from here http://picasa.google.com/ it will gather all your pictures from your computer and you can do pretty nearly everything you would want to do with photos from it ...its well worth a try ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-pictures.769724/
Relevancy 50.31%

I was attempting to copy pictures from memory card that is inserted into port straight onto a disk. They did not copy, the recycle bin is empty and the pictures on the memory card is gone. Please help find my pictures.

Welcome

Two ways to try and find them. Download windirstat and see everything that is on the hard drive
http://windirstat.info/

If they are not found they may have been picked up by a restore point that was made
If that is the case
Shadow Explorer can find them for you
ShadowExplorer.com - About

I will be honest, I am not very hopeful. In addition if they are not seen by Windirstat, I have very liitle hope that Shadow will find them for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/291181-lost-pictures.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm not sure where to post or what to do. I download pictures off of my digital camera into MY PICTURES. I cannot find any of my old pictures anymore! Did a virus eat my old pictures? They are gone gone gone. I read yesterday somewhere that computers only hold about 200 pictures and the pictures are not gone, but just sitting there and cannot be accessed because you have to many. I think there is some upgrade program you must install to be able to view all of your pictures. HELP HELP HELP!!!!

Relevancy 50.31%

All of my folders in "my pictures" are empty except maybe 5. Had alot of irreplaceable ones. Is there any way to restore them? I tried system restore but to no avail. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Relevancy 50.31%

Had a hiccup after burning pictures to CD. For some reason the majority of pictures on file are no longer able to be viewed. Error message is : Cannot display "image name" because a suitable graphics viewer cannot be found".

Not all pictures have disappeared but most of them have - although their file names and folders remain. I was viewing them via ' Quicktime picture viewer'.

Any help for a computer bumbler would be appreciated.

NB: First CD burnt pictures came through fine - 2nd CD burnt - pictures unable to be displayed with same message as above.

Cheers

Hello and Welcome to TSF

I'm not sure what to tell you. You say the files are there along with the folder have you opened Quicktime picture viewer go to File and Open? Locate one of the pictures and try to open that way?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-pictures-51525.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

Yesterday, I was on the computer checking my email on webmail. After finishing I noticed the picture that was on my decktop was missing. I tried to find it on the computer but couldn't. I checked my computer and found out my picture's file was gone along with my daughter's pictures in Picture Motion Browser. I ran spybot in the morning but undid the changes by using the recovery button. Is there any way of finding my pictures?

My daughter is furious with me ...

I appreciate all the help possible.

Thank you,

Wendy

A:Lost All My Pictures

Is there anything else peculiar in the operation of your computer besides the missing pictures?
A noticable slowdown in performance or programs or other applications not working?
Did you do a scan for virus's with your AV program, not talking about Spybot?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/119950/lost-all-my-pictures/
Relevancy 50.31%

I transfered about 100 pictures from my digital camera to my PC. I then deleted the pictures from my camera. When I went to check for the pictures on the PC, they were gone. I did a search and found them in a hidden file. However, the pictures are not the regular pixel size. They are really small like thumbnails. Is there any way to reconstruct them and make them the size the camera takes? I have used the memory card since this, but is there a way to recover them from the card? Please help.

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi i have a casio exilim and i am using a 2gb memory card in it, i went out last night and took lots of pictures after each pic was taken i viewed it to make sure it was ok or if i needed to take another one and at the end ot the night i viewed all of them. Today i went to upload the pics onto my laptop and they have gone, every single one of them. The strangest thing is, that pics that were already on there ( taken previously ) were still there, only the pics from last night had vanished. i have no idea how this happened or what to do. could anyone please help me??????????

Relevancy 49.88%

My daughter inadvertantly deleted some pictures. They were one of a kinds and we're not sure if she deleted them off the disc in the camera or off the disc while it was in the PC.

Is there any way at all to restore the pictures? They were viewed on the PC within the last couple of days.

ANY help would be much appreciated.

Thank You

Relevancy 49.88%

I have lost all of the pics from My Pictures.
Windows XP, updated with Service Pack 2 last month.
My camera was not being recognized by the computer, so while messing around i uninstalled the camera software, planning on reinstalling to see if that was the problem. When i went to My Pictures, there it was empty.
Nothing is in the Recycling Bin.
Did i uninstall my pictures? If so is there anyway to get them back?
Eric

A:Pictures lost to uninstall?

No uninstall routine for any well written program should remove data.
Downloaded pictures are data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pictures-lost-to-uninstall.294852/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there I ve just lost lost thousand I,ve pictures four nearly four thousand pictures I thought I had duplication in my computer as I saw Pictures My pictures and Pictures My pictures so I deleted the first one and I couldn't stop it the computer deleted all within seconds I tried to find them in the Trash but there was only older stuff about pictures I kept searching and when I emptied the Trash could see on the screen it deleted more than thousand pictures How can it be possible Where are my pictures then In the last two weeks my windows really made me unhappy loosing the mouse loosing the keyboard loosing the internet when I was doing my home work The quot know how quot couldn't help me I was I,ve lost four thousand pictures told by them to I,ve lost four thousand pictures do factory settings I ve done it took about hours hours to make the quot new quot computer work Can be the problem that I have renamed the Trash Is it worth to upload those pictures to the computer again As they are still in a memory stick Please talk to me in basic English if it is possible thank you Other problem After that factory settings my computer is not able to import pictures from my Nokia C It stops after some pictures asks and I click skip all pictures with problems- but at the end there is no new picture has come over Probably it skips all as it has already uploaded them but I didn't find Until I get back the other thousends of pictures I cant search also Can anyone help me Thanks Judyt

A:I,ve lost four thousand pictures

You can try Recuva and see what it finds. Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29017-i-ve-lost-four-thousand-pictures.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Due to a trojan infestation on my pc, I had to reformat the main drive. The files I wanted to keep were transferred to a second hard drive. I reformatted and installed windows, but when I looked in the folder where I stored the pictures, its empty. What is an excellent program that I can use to try and recover the files? I know that as long as new information hasnt been written where the old information was stored, it should be recoverable.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,I need either some help or good advice please. I'm running XPpro and when I receive some pics (esp e-mail) they are just an outline with the little red patch in the top L/H/side.Not all are like this only some,is there a way to regain all my pics or is it the fault of the senders computer? Thank you Bob K.

A:Solved: Lost Pictures

What email program are you using.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-pictures.542887/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have recently experienced problems with my lap top. It got to the point where my computer wouldnt even start without reinstalling Windows. However, once I reinstalled Windows, all my pictures were/ are gone. I have done basic searches which have worked in the past, but I am unable to locate them.

When reloading everything, I am not sure what happened but I reinstalled Windows and drivers.

Please let me know if there is anyway to retreive my lost pictures.

A:Lost Data/Pictures

Hi ausin james

One of the possible outcomes of a Windows XP repair is that you lose the contents of your My Documents folders. (Not a wonderful thing -- full details are in Michael Steven's excellent articles on XP repairs --- http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XP...l.htm#Warning1 ---).

If you are fortunate, your repair install may not have overwritten the space on the hard drive where you documents, pictures, and music reside. You can try a Data Recovery tool, such as "PC Inspector File Recovery" --- http://www.download.com/PC-Inspector...dlPid=10378268 --- which will attempt to find and recover your lost files. PC Inspector File Recovery is freeware, and has a decent reputation. Always scan software downloads anyway, though, as a precaution.

Best of luck!
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-data-pictures-268304.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I had just put pictures into my computer from my cell phone. I made a folder and named it. I moved all the pictures into the folder. Then I moved the folder. I thought onto my desk top, but it wasn't up. I moved them into a picture that was showing in photo shop. Now I can't find my folder or my pictures. They were automatically erased from my phone when I moved them to my computer. I tried searching all files and folders by the name I thought I gave it, I tried searching all pictures, I think I even searched the date, today. I can't find them. Does anyone have any idea where the pictures could be and how I could find them? They were not thumb nails yet they were still jpeg or whatever comes off the cell phone. I even looked in the garbage. No luck. Thanks.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I'm new to forum. I recently ran the Compaq System Recovery. My computer is much faster now, but I think I lost all my old files under my old file name under My documents, incl all my pics! (wedding pics, etc..) please help me recover them.

A:Lost files & too many pictures :(

you'll need to check out file recovery software .. most allow you to "play" so taht you can decide if it's worth while paying out to buy the software

getdataback is one that comes to mind along with Filerecoveryangel (which also recovers photo's from digital camera memory media apart from HDD's

Google for file recovery software and try out the links .. but note that it's best if you immediately stop using your hard drive and re-install windows to a new drive
the more you use the drive the less chance that you'll be able to recover your files. that includes installations and using your filepage along with temporary files that all use disk space in order to let your PC function.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-files-and-too-many-pictures-173834.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I've no idea what happened. they are just gone.Computer works good.I tried the unhide bit ,that didn'r help.I had a lot of pictures and documents in my computer in the 4 years I've had it.I got w-10 a month ago. and that seems to be working ok now.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157868.0.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Guys I have a problem that i don't know from where and how I got it My Friend Computer has lost most of his pictures He doesn't know how all this happen All what he knows that he send a picture to his friend thats all and his friend was using his mobile not a computer Black Berry My friend the one that lost the pictures didn't accept any file But after he send the picture to his friend most of his pictures was gone when he talks to him the other one he said that he had kind of a virus on his mobile because also another person had the same problem with him The weird thing is that the Hard Drive that has the Pictures It is on a separate partition Not the main HD has GB is lost and it was taken from the HD but ... most Guys of Pictures my Help my I lost it's not there you can't see it I mean the total I lost most of my Pictures ... Help my Guys size of the files in the HD is Gb and the HD is GB and the free size is GB approximatley so there is GB is hidden in some place How do I get my picture Back again can I Note I did scan My computer from viruses and Trojan and I did restore my computer to an earlier time but nothing is happen

A:I lost most of my Pictures ... Help my Guys

recovermyfiles (google it )
pc tools file recover
im sure u will handle it from here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-lost-most-of-my-pictures-help-my-guys-407386.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i ran a duplicate file cleaner that was taking to long to run so i quit running the program i started the recovery to get files back.now my thumbnails in my sony pmb are just x-out boxes.how do i get my pictures back.

A:lost sony pmb pictures

i started running the augulistics duplicate file remover because i had a lot of duplicate picture files.i started running the program and noticed it was going to take over 3 hours yo complete so i stopped running the program clicked on the recover settings to restore my files.now when i run my sony pmb program all my picture thumbnails are just x-out boxes.how do i get my pictures back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f16/lost-sony-pmb-pictures-678275.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Is there any way or any software that can retrieve lost pictures? My daughters computer needed to be brought back to its original state because or corrupt files and errors and couldn't get on line anymore even with a direct connection. I bought her an external hard drive and she backed everything up but somehow her pictures never got on there. I don't know how it happened unless she dragged a shortcut. But she had a whole year of pictures on there and she is devastated. She also lost her documents. The whole thing just doesnt make sense

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys i beg for help to solve this problem i have had an evil past days all full of computer problems since ISP technician that erase tabs in mozilla with sensitive info to data loss due unintentional power off and unsaved notepads that by the way trying to avoid again or to reduce the loss for the next time i was installing a wallpaper me, Please pictures because i lost help my screen capture program a soft tat take a screen-shots in time intervals so i could at least remember what i had open but when trying some software s i decide to uninstall the av because it was giving me problems i uninstall it and then it ask me Please help me, wallpaper because i lost my pictures for restart i choose not now i left the computer for a while Please help me, wallpaper because i lost my pictures and when i came back i found it OFF i imagine the restart message of the antivirus had a countdown otherwise what else could have turned of the computer and it was not a power interruption and when i start it again i found a black wallpaper and i decide to go to my picture to select the wallpaper again i found that my picures has vanished thes days have been problem by problems everywhere could you please guys help me i am using linux now i want to leave the windows partition alone to see what can i do to get the pictures back i was looking for a data recovery software like quot getdataback quot but it doesn t exist for linux please help

A:Please help me, wallpaper because i lost my pictures

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can. If you have performed any of the scans below post the logs for those scans, and then perform the ones you have not done.Please download and run Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, clic... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451156/please-help-me-wallpaper-because-i-lost-my-pictures/
Relevancy 49.88%

My mother had to recently reload her windows 7 operating system due to a virus eating her files. it had began to disable drives and it was really nasty. my question, however, is can i recover her pictures? she copied them to my external hdd, its a seagate 320 gb. the pictures apparently failed to copy even though the copy successful screen appeared. As i said, can i recover her pictures from my external hdd or is she out of luck? thanks in advance!

A:Mother lost her pictures

Hi Kafrizel

Can you give me some more details

How did you copy them to the external drive?

Do you remember the name of the folder that they were copied to?

Do you think that you might have misplaced them on the drive and put them in a different folder than you thought?

Have you tried searching the drive for specific filenames or do you not remember the names (I know sometimes they are just random numbers or dates)?

How were they removed from your mothers drive (was Windows 7 reinstalled from a disk or did you do the factory restore)?

Have you written anything else to the drive since this happened (don't write any more as that may reduce your chances of recovery)?

Has your mother done much with her computer since the reinstall (don't write any more as that may reduce your chances of recovery)?

Answer these for me and I can probably give you some things to try that are free.

James

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465510/mother-lost-her-pictures/
Relevancy 49.88%

I had all the pictures on my blackberry curve stored on a Micro SD card. I accidentally deleted all the pictures off the card. I downloaded UnDelete-Plus to restore the pictures and the program was able to find all the pictures I deleted. The problem is that almost all the pictures show up blank.

Any help would be great on how to recover all my pictures. thanks.

Relevancy 49.88%

I am on a vista operating system and recently lost some of my pictures. I was going to burn pictures from "my pictures" onto a DVD+RW, so I put my blank DVD in and I moved my pictures from "my pictures" into the blank folder. I fell asleep for an hour and the computer went into sleep mode. When I came back, I turned the computer on and it told me I needed to reformat my DVD. I did and lost all the files that I had dragged onto the blank "to burn" folder.

How do I recover it?

HELP!!! THESE WERE PRECIOUS FAMILY PICTURES!

Relevancy 49.88%

I recently got married, sept. 9th, and after several months of communication my photographer has finally informed me that her hard drive has crashed and lost my pictures. She reportedly took it to 3 different companies to try and retrieve the lost data, however I am asking her to send me her computer so that I may take it to several data recovery companies and see for myself. I am not very computer savvy and I was hoping that someone could suggest the top companies to send the computer to. I am willing to pay any cost, I am just looking for the top people to recovery my wedding day.
Thanks
Weddingpics

Relevancy 49.88%

I am in middle of taking course on win7.
in the libraries lists on left....documents, music, pictures and videos.
all have my document, my music, my pictures and my videos.
along with public documents etc.

I was moving my pictures from another location to the correct pictures location so it shows in libraries..
Got in a mess and moved all pictures back to old locaton but now
discovered that I inadvertently deleted MY Pictures from the Pictures folder.
how can i get it back?

i have tried restore.
i have tried creating a new folder but it always goes into public folder.
I have tried going into C:\user\user name and create a new folder
it allows me to do this...but it keeps appearing in the Public Folder and will not
create one of its own.

can anyone help?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone can help with a bit of a nightmare situation I am having?

I went to upload a picture yesterday and when doing so realised all of my pictures had gone. There were stored in the usual My Pictures folder and was around 15GB of pictures from the last 10 years (our wedding, honeymoon, holidays, family evens etc), obviously now I cannot find this I am beginning to panic a little.

So far I have tried a programme called Recuva (which seemed to find loads of images (1.2 million infact) but not one of them being from this folder) and Shadow Explorer which seems a bit more difficult to use and the folder always looks empty.

I use Avast! antivirus and run Windows 7, being the idiot I am I have no backup setup. Is there anything I can try?

Thanks in advance for any help!

A:Pictures lost, how can I recover them?

Also tried Wise Data Recovery which feels similar to Recuva

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/309181-pictures-lost-how-can-i-recover-them.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, I recently bought a new phone and it came with a disc to download to my computer so you can sync computer and phone, and share files and pictures. After downloading to a specific drive, where I also had back-up folders for my pictures and my documents, my computer was acting real slow and I could not access the internet. I checked the other computer and it was fine. Went back to my computer and was going to share some pictures to phone, to my dismay everything in that drive was gone. All pictures and folders that were connected to that drive had been erased. I tried to do a system restore to the previous day and it brought back the folders but all were empty. I am running Windows XP, is there any way to restore what I lost???

A:Lost all pictures and files

Welcome!

System Restore will NOT restore data and images, documents etc. Only Windows System files.

You would need to tell us what pnone ,ake and model and what the phone software was, in the hope someone will recognise the issue. There is insufficient info in your post to be able to give any real help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-all-pictures-and-files.765914/
Relevancy 49.02%

It's there for any sub-folders under My Pictures, but not for the My Pictures folder itself. I've tried resetting shimgvw.dll and others, and have searched all over the internet, but still can't resolve it.

Any ideas?

A:Lost Filmstrip view in My Pictures

Hello nfpotter

Try resetting the ?Common Tasks? Pane

Right click My Computer/Properties/Advanced
Click Performance/Settings/Visual Effects
Scroll down to ?Use Common Tasks in Folders?
If it is checked uncheck it.
Apply

Then recheck it
Apply

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-filmstrip-view-in-my-pictures-371429.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My picture files are in C Users username My Pictures I want to move them to my D drive I know that this should be done via the quot Location quot tab in quot My Pictures Properties quot Unfortunately this quot Location quot tab is missing the existing tabs are quot General Security Previous Versions Customize My Properties Pictures Location tab lost in quot For comparison the quot Location quot tab does exist in other the user folders e g also in quot Public Pictures Properties quot I have studied amp tried Brink's tutorials on Changing and Restoring User Folders' Location tab lost in My Pictures Properties Default Location implementing his quot Restore Default My Pictures Location reg quot file Even after several - restarts the quot Location quot tab won't show up When I right-click the quot Pictures quot button in the Start Menu and choose quot Properties- gt Restore Defaults quot I am offered quot Public Pictures C Users Public quot in Library Locations This doesn't seem right to me I badly want to get the quot Location quot tab back for quot My Pictures Properties quot so it works like the other user Location tab lost in My Pictures Properties folders but I don't know how Pls help me Cheers Uffe

A:Location tab lost in My Pictures Properties

I'm not sure about the location tab, but have you tried moving them using this context menu add on Context Menu - Add Copy To Folder and Move To Folder[2]=Context Menu, I use this everyday to move stuff around. You can choose exactly where you want to put them with these.
Or even the "send to" menu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/74777-location-tab-lost-my-pictures-properties.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all first things Lost on Menu Start Pictures first complete Dionosaur on computers When I go onto start menu and click on pictures or right click and open there is a momentary attempt to open but Lost Pictures on Start Menu then nothing I used to be able to click on and get the pictures this way To get pictures I have to go into my documents and open the left hand list under Libraries I then Lost Pictures on Start Menu click onto pictures nothing happens until I right click and expand and there is quot my pictures quot to open up I have sent quot my pictures shortcut quot to my desktop as an Icon as a quick way of opening up Lost Pictures on Start Menu When I scan a photo it used to copy it and send it quickly to I think Pictures from here I would always send to my documents as I preferred this I have noticed that now when finishing the scan and me sending it to file quot the sending quot takes time with the words quot searching quot coming up before sending the photo on its way So is this something to do with Pictures not opening up now on start menu regarding time taken on sending scanned picture has pictures gone to a different place Is it because I am always sending picture to my documents so it has decided not to open pictures on start menu note I like to tweek under Paint and Paint net via documents I have right clicked on start menu into start menu tab under customise it is checked quot as display as a link quot Privacy is checked as quot Store amp display recently opened programs in start menu quot amp Store amp display recently opened items in the Start menu amp task bar Hope this makes sense any ideas please Regards MN nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I m hoping someone out there can save me I went to open my main Pictures folder and nothing happened I right clicked the link and the Properties tab was blank I used the Shell My Pictures command to restore the folder but the contents are gone I ve no idea how Help!! Solved: Pictures Lost Folder the contents can have disappeared The data usage in My Computer shows that these folders are no longer on C or D my harddrive is partitioned Any suggestions as to how I can try to restore the pictures I did briefly run DataRecovery software and it looked like it could locate all the files but I have about photos and I would like to be able to restore them in the folders they were in originally if possible rather than one huge list of files I do lots of deleting of unwanted pics within the folders so presumably if I restored everything I would end up Solved: Help!! Lost Pictures Folder will all the ones I had selectively deleted in the past too better than nothing I know Any tips or suggestions about what I should do would be hugely appreciated Thanks everyone George nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I have word 97 and microsoft works 2000 - when I copy a web page with pictures on it, then paste it into word, only the text shows up with big gaps where the pictures should be. What can I do so that the pictures show? thanks

A:pictures lost saving a web page

After copying, in Word go to Edit and click on "Paste Special." Tell it "HTML format," click OK. That should paste in both text and graphics.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pictures-lost-saving-a-web-page.213516/
Relevancy 49.02%

My computer got turned off improperly Once I turned it back on I was given the option to let worth of pictures Lost years scan disk run or press any button I pressed a button to log in but my personal settings didn t load I went to Lost years worth of pictures my computer gt Documents and settings and moved my pictures to this temporary user with the intention of backing them up right away My computer got turned off again thanks to my kids When I turned it back on I let scandisk run when my personal settings loaded my pictures were no longer there and I can t find the temporary user where they were moved to the last time I restored my computer to an earlier time and although the files Lost years worth of pictures containing my pictures appear they are empty I can t find them anywhere Please help me with any advice I have a program called file scavenger but in this case my pictures were not actually deleted and I don t have a different computer to back up the data thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

On Jul while working with my pictures I decided to delete a sub-folder named Pictures that had all the same pictures as the main folder it was in Different sets of pictures were also in folders within each folder I had not put them on flash drives or DVD s yet I first dragged the sub-folder to my desktop and closed the picture file altogether Then I pictures of folders Solved: Lost tried to delete it but the message said it could not be sent to the Recycle din because of large files within I had my finger on the yes button to delete it and I pressed it without thinking Solved: Lost folders of pictures When I opened my pictures all the pictures were gone from the My Pictures pictures Jean Documents and even Picasa including my PPS music some Mvw I was horrified at what I had done I have Windows Home Premium Bit I tried to Restore My Computer to the th and later to the th and all it did was show me some but not all of the empty folders but no pictures I tried one Recovery program and it looked as though it gave me everything that had ever been deleted from the system and they were all scrambled when I ask for something like JPG it gave me back dates that I m sure I have on flash drives and it gave me all s and so on from the different things in the folders Is there any way I can retrieve a list of everything I deleted on that one specific day of Jul and not pic up ever deleted file on the hard drive This would help so much as my time is limited Jeannie nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I used to have a Wizard that came up when I connected my digital camera through the USB. I could check the pics I wanted to put into the computer and tell the wizard to disappear when the task was over. This wizard has stopped coming up, so now I have to go to My Computer and click on Removable Disk G > DCIM > 100Olympus and drag the pictures one by one into a folder on the desktop.
Can anyone tell me how to get the wizard back? I have not changed cameras (Olympus D150 Brio Zoom), and I have no idea what stopped changed the wizard, unless this is something that changed when I installed SP2.

Dell Dimension 8200
Win XP Home

A:Lost wizard for moving pictures into PC

Do you mean the Camera and Scanner Wizard ?
If so have a look at the fix here > http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=317970

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-wizard-for-moving-pictures-into-pc.324822/
Relevancy 49.02%

My old system crashed and refused to boot past the BIOS. Having a lot of photos and documents on the drive, I pulled the hard drive out, changed the jumper to slave and plugged it into my new system. The old drive showed up on explorer and everything was there but the personal stuff. The old my pictures and my documents folders don't show on the directory tree. The old drive passes all the diagnostic tests. Does it need to run its own copy of Windows to show these files? Any advice to recover the files would be appreciated
Old system Windows XP new system Windows XP service pack 2

Relevancy 49.02%

Greetings,

Under 'My Ducuments' folder (pointing to C:\USers\myusername\My Ducuments), I think the default setup is to have links to 'My Music', 'My Videos', and 'My Pictures'. Somohow I've deleted or lost the link to 'My Pictures' (but I have the video and music links). How do I restore the 'My Pictures' link within My Documents?

At first, I thought just crating a shortcut to my picture location (C:\Users\myusername\My Pictures) would restore this, but the original link is not a shortcut but a full fledged 'File Folder' (as described in Explorer) but with a little arrow in the folder icon suggesting it's a link/shortcut (?). So How to I recreate this 'My Pictures' File Folder that is really a link?

Thanks.

A:Lost My Document > My Pictures 'link'

Quote: Originally Posted by idiocracy

Greetings,

Under 'My Ducuments' folder (pointing to C:\USers\myusername\My Ducuments), I think the default setup is to have links to 'My Music', 'My Videos', and 'My Pictures'. Somohow I've deleted or lost the link to 'My Pictures' (but I have the video and music links). How do I restore the 'My Pictures' link within My Documents?

At first, I thought just crating a shortcut to my picture location (C:\Users\myusername\My Pictures) would restore this, but the original link is not a shortcut but a full fledged 'File Folder' (as described in Explorer) but with a little arrow in the folder icon suggesting it's a link/shortcut (?). So How to I recreate this 'My Pictures' File Folder that is really a link?

Thanks.

Give this tutorial a look and see if it will help you. Libraries - Restore Default

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/255070-lost-my-document-my-pictures-link.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

Without realizing it I was logged into a temporary profile, I downloaded pictures there from a digital camera.

Can someone explain how to recover the pictures?

Thanks

A:pictures lost in temporary profile

These are good for 7 and Vista
Take ownership and give permisssions for your account.

If you still have access to the temporary account.

Sharing and Permissions - Windows 7 Forums

Take Ownership of file

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280701-pictures-lost-temporary-profile.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,
I have a Toshiba A105.with windows xp os. I got stupid this am and thought I would run my recovery disk. No real problems with the laptop I was just hoping to clear up outlook. I started the disk and remember I had pictures I had not copied to disk yet. are they gone forever or any chance I can get them back.I only ran disk a few minutes and canceled it. but computer will not start up i get a message NTLDR is missing. I would be more than willing to take it somewhere for repair if you think they can save the pictures if not I guess I will just put the disk back in and restore it. Thanks Steve A

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I wonder if somebody familiar with 'Windows Pictures' can help me find my lost photos.

From a recent trip to India I had two memory cards of photos, which because they had the same number series( i e DSC 1 - n), I loaded into separate folders in Windows Picture. Wanting to merge them into one folder and therefore trying to eliminate the clashing number series, and not knowing what I was doing, I found properties when I right clicked one of the folders and then clicked hide. The folder immediately emptied and I haven't been able to recover them!

I am hoping the photo files are there somewhere. When I right click and select properties on this folder it shows a file size of 1.13gb in a location which is the folder from where they have disappeared.
Can anybody help?

Dave M

A:Windows Pictures - lost my photos!

Try Tools,Folder Option,View, Show hidden files in your Picture Folder

http://www.vistax64.com/software/295480-windows-pictures-lost-my-photos.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I was downloading my pictures from my hp photosmart digital camera onto my laptop when all of a sudden the adobe photoshop said it had to shut down. Right before this happened the progress bar said that it had completed copying. When I tried to retrieve my picturers I found only five of them in the folder. There should be almost 60! They are now deleted from my camera as well. Please help!

Relevancy 48.59%

i need help to get back my pictures i had to do a system recovery in september i just now found out i could recover them but when i tried some of them have been overwritten is there any way that i can recover all of them i did try system restore but it is not letting me restore back please if there is someone out there who can help me i would greatly appreciate it the pictures are very important to me they are of my dad and brother who have both passed away please help me cat44878

A:lost documents and pictures after system recovery

Firstly stop using the computer.
Every time it boots up or you access the net, you will be overwriting more.

You would be best to take the PC to a computer repair facility, where they can remove the hard drive and attempt to recover.

Recovering any back to the same drive will immediately overwrite what is left.

A full system recovery will always return your PC to the condition it left the factory, no data will be saved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-documents-and-pictures-after-system-recovery.763415/
Relevancy 48.59%

Power outage due to storm. Came back on without pictures and documents. It's an HP desktop. Would a file recovery program work? I've tried some of the instructions online, but they don't work.

A:Lost pictures on Windows 7 from power outage

Oh mary; I feel your pain. Were the pics within one folder and now they're ALL missing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-pictures-on-windows-7-from-power-outage.217351/
Relevancy 48.59%

I had all my pictures saved in an external hard drive that failed. Pictures cannot be recovered. I noticed that all the pictures that are lost can still be seen in the Zoombrowzer program that takes the pictures off my Cannon camera but the program shows the location of the pictures in the lost hard drive so that I cannot get to them. Is there a way to use the picture in the Zoombrowzer program to create a new picture in a new folder in another location? Thank you for your help!!

A:Zoombrowzer pictures lost in hard drive...

I doubt it... the images you are seeing are just a pointer to where the real files are

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zoombrowzer-pictures-lost-in-hard-drive.779139/
Relevancy 48.59%

I need some help.

Yesterday I decided to move my photos from my hard drive to a CD-R for storage.
I selected the folder "still need to edit" and chose "cut". Then I opened the CD-R using XP and "pasted" the folder on the cd. After XP wrote the folder to the CD-R. I opened the CD to make sure the photos were there, but the only item in the folder is "thumbs.db"
There aren't any pictures!!! Now, the folder is no longer on my hard drive.
Have the pictures been deleted? Or are they possibly somewhere.

Any ideas would be great.

I run Windows XP home ed. version 2002, service pack 2

Relevancy 48.59%

Good morning afternoon I just returned from my vacation to find I can t view my digital pictures from my sd memory card I have a Pentax Optio E digital camera I had purched a new Kingston GM sd memory card just before my vacation I was able to take pictures and view them all through my vacation I came home and inserted my sd card into a card reader which might have caused the issue as it is not USB or it might not accept a gb card and somehow corrupted it I - pictures on card lost memory my error all looked up my error of error on memory card - lost all my pictures quot memory card error quot and I see you can use data recovery programs to get the pics back I tried a few free ones to see if the pics are still there and I did not see them Am I out of luck I don t mind paying for a program if I know it will work I can t even view the pics anymore on my cameria as I get the same error I can see the drive on my computer but I just seem to have lost everything Does anyone know if a good program that is easy to use that might get my pictures back nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Guys, need help urgently please. My mum has Windows XP Computer and she was copying some pictures from my sister's account picture folder and pasting into hers, while doing it she somehow lost all of her pictures from her picture folder and they can't be find anywhere. They are not in an other folder or even in recycle bin. Please help me and tell me how we can find those pictures.

A:Pictures Lost from My Picture Folder - Help Needed Please

Try a recovery program like the free Recover Files 3.21.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pictures-lost-from-my-picture-folder-help-needed-please.883654/
Relevancy 48.59%

First of all might I just apologise if this question has been asked before.

Last night I had little alternative but to carry out a complete recovery on my HP with windows xp. Due to this I lost all personal data on the computer. Is there anyway at all this data can be restored/retrieved guys, my partner is devestated we may have lost family pictures, Any help would be gratefully recieved.

A:retrieve lost pictures after complete recovery.

The answer depends upon how you formatted the drive in the recovery. If you used a full format then there is no way to recover the files short of taking the drive to a data recovery professional. If you used a quick format however you can use disk recovery software such as recuva.

For recuva you would have to set the program to find non-deleted files and probably use a deep scan (in options). Avoid writing to the disk until you have finished recovering your files, since once a given space is taken by a new file, whatever was there before is permanently lost.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/retrieve-lost-pictures-after-complete-recovery.942481/
Relevancy 48.59%

recently i had some pictures and stored on a E drive usb memory stick. I was viewing them on my laptop recently. However i have unfortuantly lost the memory stick! and it will be hard to get thoses photos back ( long story). my question is if i have been viewing a picture on the windows picture fax viewer from e drive not saved it to the c drive atall...is it in any way remembered on the the c drive so i can reteve it. In a temp folder, indexing service dat or anywhere elese?, are they retrevable at all without the e drive?

Relevancy 48.16%

I m a very wordy person so to avoid that I m going to do this in point form and if you need any other Recovery impossible! boot help! lost Can't Please XP, My Pictures/Music, info please ask Running Win XP Media Center on HP Pavilion m n Samsung HDD GB ea Can t remember the RAM or anything else History Previous crash due to corrupt registry Jan Fixed with HP Recovery no data lost Now Windows will not load Have tried all Can't boot XP, lost My Pictures/Music, Recovery impossible! Please help! the options it gives on the black screen Safe mode last good config normally etc All just cause reboot Except Safe mode scrolls through a list of drivers and such before hanging for a minute then rebooting Can t access recovery also causes reboot and never actually goes into the program Have removed HDD and used it as an external HDD on my Macbook It recognizes the drive and the partition which holds the Recovery Most files are intact with the exception of My Pictures and My Music containing my digi cam photos and all purchased iTunes music My Documents and all other sub-folders are still present and now contains strange new sub-folder called quot My Documentsimages quot Recovery partitioned section seems to be empty HDD will not be recognized when hooked up to old IBM Pen Win XP Error msg quot Error performing inpage operation quot Still works on Macbook Other HDD is fine and working well Just the boot HDD won t work I don t have WinXP discs or HP Recovery discs They never came with my comp First Is there anyway to recover My Pictures and My Music Second Any idea what the heck is wrong Thanks so much for any insight anyone has When I get home from work I ll be hooking it up to my sisters HP to see if it boots there since I was told it could be a motherboard issue But I still don t understand what happened to my most important files then Please nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-boot-xp-lost-my-pictures-music-recovery-impossible-please-help.726680/
Relevancy 48.16%

Okay hey guys.. Quite a hard one to explain here..

When i go into my pictures from start menu, all my pictures have no icons/thumbnails.. They only have descriptions underneath..
When i click on the description it suddenly stops responding.. Bit strange and is doing my nut in! :D

The major problem is that i cannot view my photos but i also cannot upload onto sites such as facebook as a result..

Note: I have scanned for viruses/trojans and there is nothing..

Could these files have been moved or something.. Any help appreciated..

Steve

A:No thumbnails in my pictures folder.. Files lost?? Then not responding.

I cannot quite imagine how it looks. What do you mean that there are only descriptions underneath? Are you referring to the image name?
Have you tried right clicking on one of them, and then choosing "Open with..." and open them with one of your image programs?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247561/no-thumbnails-in-my-pictures-folder-files-lost-then-not-responding/
Relevancy 48.16%

The weirdest thing happened. I'd tried to install the Verizon DSL software but was having problems. After speaking with Tech Support(?) they remoted into my Desktop to see what I meant. Immediately after that I've lost all the files in My Documents, My Pictures, all my bookmarks and preferences for Opera,etc. I don't believe they've been deleted, just lost. I found these two entries into the registry through Spybot S&D:

8/27/2006 4:51:27 PM Allowed value "RemVZDSLFolders" (new data: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd /c rmdir /q /s """) added in System Startup user entry!

8/27/2006 4:51:31 PM Allowed value "RemVZDSLFiles" (new data: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd /c del /f /q /s """) added in System Startup global entry!

Now I can't even find C:\\WINDOWS\system32\cmd?? What happened? Can I recover??

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Lost My Document, Pictures, WINDOWS CMD after verizon install

If this happened after a remote connection with Verizon tech support I would call them back and have them fix it. They caused it they fix it. This is the best way and it is something that has probably happed in the past so they will know how to fix it, if you are unsuccessful with whatever agent you get ask for a supervisor and have them have a higher tech acall you back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-document-pictures-windows-cmd-after-verizon-install.496167/
Relevancy 48.16%

This is a bit weird and I have a feeling it s something that will have to be adjusted in the registry I have my My Documents on my physical second D drive while all my programs and the OS are on the C drive In the My Video, Lost: Music, icons My My Solved: My Pictures Documents folder is the My Music My Video My Pictures folders that XP automatically assigns icons for and doesn t allow you to change the look of them I had been backing up this internal GB D My Documents to an external GB USB drive I decided to put the external one into the computer because I bought another external GB drive for backup OK everything is fine but the icons for My Music My Video My Pictures folders that XP automatically assigns are no more they are just plain looking folders but I can t customize them because these are the special folders that XP assigns for their specific use Does any one know what might have happened Is it possible that the different serial number of the drive or something else may have messed things up nbsp

A:Solved: Lost: My Music, My Video, My Pictures icons

See if the information herein may help:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/specialicons.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-my-music-my-video-my-pictures-icons.394187/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a 5.1 megapixel Gateway camera. I kept it in my car and more or less forgot it was there so the battery died. I recharged the battery. (all the while, the SD card was in the camera. When I turned on the camera after it was charged, it just showed "error". I tried the card on my computer and it didn't even recognize it was there. I was able to view a different SD card in my camera - so I know the problem is with the card not the camera. Am I SOL? 2 main questions - 1) is there a way of retrieving the pictures I had on the camera? 2) can I format the card so that it is useable or did it bite the dust?
Thanks!

A:SanDisk SD 256MB card lost all pictures - is there a way to retrieve?

Retrieve Data From San Disk Cards

joanimaroni said:

I have a 5.1 megapixel Gateway camera. I kept it in my car and more or less forgot it was there so the battery died. I recharged the battery. (all the while, the SD card was in the camera. When I turned on the camera after it was charged, it just showed "error". I tried the card on my computer and it didn't even recognize it was there. I was able to view a different SD card in my camera - so I know the problem is with the card not the camera. Am I SOL? 2 main questions - 1) is there a way of retrieving the pictures I had on the camera? 2) can I format the card so that it is useable or did it bite the dust?
Thanks!Click to expand...

I bought SandDisk cards in Switzerland and I got a RescuePro 1.0 program that should do right the job. I tested it and worked to recover deleted data.
Probably you will find the same or a similar program online.
If not let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sandisk-sd-256mb-card-lost-all-pictures-is-there-a-way-to-retrieve.19146/
Relevancy 47.73%

I realize that this may not be the proper section to post this, but I lost a pretty large chunk of my pictures during a copy and paste to my external. They aren't on the external and they aren't on the original computer either, I've searched the hard drive and nothing. I also looked to see if I had any previous versions available for restore but I do not. Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

A:Lost a large portion of pictures during a copy/paste to my external.

Hello Tyler, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if you may be able to recovery any from the original location using the free program Recuva.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/325911-lost-large-portion-pictures-during-copy-paste-my-external.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I just tried to use the "email this folders files" to send pictures and usually I would get a option to resize, but now I don't anymore. Why or How do I get this back?! I have XP and use Outlook Express as email. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Solved: lost resizing pictures option when trying to email file!?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-resizing-pictures-option-when-trying-to-email-file.901298/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this Tech forum but am frustrated and hoping someone can help.

Last night at 3am (and I've seen similar postings on google but no assistance), my computer ran an update (I know to now turn off auto updates)... As a result, I have lost all files I had in a back up folder connected to my old hard drive (new hard drive and link to old hard drive).

Just gone. All of my media files and pictures are missing. I did a system restore and it did nothing but did say the last update was a Service Distribution Service 2.0. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Holly

A:Software Distribution Service 2.0 - Now lost all pictures, media files

This same update actually crashed my machine. I had to run a chkdsk /f in order to get it up and running again.

Perhaps your issue is similar, to run chkdsk, go to the Start Menu and select Run type chkdsk C: /f then click OK. Chkdsk might not be able to lock your drive for a scan and will prompt to run at next reboot. Just type Y press enter and reboot.
Substitute C: for the drive letter with the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/software-distribution-service-2-0-now-lost-all-pictures-media-files.44312/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a desktop running Vista I am not sure if this is related to my current problem but wanted to make sure it was included Awhile ago I accidentally clicked a link on myspace and got a message stating that my pc was infected and if I followed the link on the page that the problem would be fixed and that the infection could not be removed by normal AV software I figured that I was better off closing the page and scanning the PC I have Macfee security suite I updated and found nothing with a scan Everything seemed fine but user accounts other than mine the first and only administrator have a hotkey button on the bottom toolbar It has been at least a month and one of the users opened another myspace message I do understand the common Mouse Screen Pictures, Problems. Blue Lost Death, Of And denominator of myspace and Lost Pictures, Blue Screen Of Death, And Mouse Problems. it is taken care of and when the pc was turned on that afternoon it booted to the blue screen which stated an error I finally got it to boot up My network settings were all incorrect and I could not get online When I finally fixed it I logged on to my myspace account certain Lost Pictures, Blue Screen Of Death, And Mouse Problems. picture were gone There was no indication that they ever existed just what ever was behind the picture was visible I went to my laptop and logged on and the pictures were there So I assume it is a problem with the desktop I booted up later on and at one point the mouse did not work Finally I tried a couple of restore s and nothing has helped I felt as though I was protected and even if I was infected I took the right steps to correct it but I guess I was wrong so what do I need to do to fix this

A:Lost Pictures, Blue Screen Of Death, And Mouse Problems.

Hi raidencmc and Welcome to Bleeping Computer.Do you now have a new Icon in your system tray and what does it look like?Or do you recall the name of the link that removed this 'infection'?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98701/lost-pictures-blue-screen-of-death-and-mouse-problems/
Relevancy 47.73%

i did a full-system non-destructive recovery on my computer and my sisters account was put taken off but i have the backup from the recovery but all her photos are in text?

A:problem with full-system recovery, lost sisters pictures!

i need some help a.s.a.p.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-full-system-recovery-lost-sisters-pictures-212670.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi Never been great with this sort of stuff but this has got me really confused I was playing Steam this morning and suddenly the game froze After a couple of minutes it went back to the desktop but the background was black Chrome was reset not signed in no bookmarks no history default settings and all of my documents and pictures were gone Even more confusing was that Steam was no longer on the installed programs list First thought was a virus but background, + lost documents Black reset, pictures Chrome none of the scans detected anything so I tried using sfc scannow and it found corrupt files but couldn't repair them Then I tried Shadow Explorer and it did find the deleted documents pictures but when I exported them it says unable to open and most of the pictures are blurred cut in half So I'm Black background, Chrome reset, lost documents + pictures just left wondering what the hell happened I have a backup of most of the documents but not all of them so any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68191-black-background-chrome-reset-lost-documents-pictures.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have been grieving over the loss of my years of pictures, mainly the last year with my Grandson's first Fish, First Football Team, etc.
I have been told that i could possibly put the extracted internal harddrive into an enclosure, and move some files to a healthy drive. I went to Circuit City, and was given an enclosure that did not fit my hard drive. I am now just trying to find out which one will fit my hard drive. Here are the information on the drive itself:
TOSHIBA
MK2035GSS
HDD2A30 D ZK01 T
SATA
4200RPM
200GB
FW: DK021D
SERIAL ATA
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have had quotes on getting info off of the drive, but we do not have $1,700 - $2,700 to spend for that. I have fooled with computers a lot,and feel competent to perform most suggestions.

A Grandma Grieving............

Relevancy 47.73%

Until recently I had, and used exclusively, the handy built-in app which activated when a camera was connected to my PC. For some reason, though, it has disappeared from my PC but is still available on my partner’s PC also running Windows 7 Pro.
The attached pdf shows the options on her PC for adjusting the settings but on PC I just cannot find them at all, even doing searches in control panel.
The top left illustration is what “normally” pops up when a camera is connected. The other two are found when diving deeper. But not on my PC!
Does anyone know how I can retrieve it?
I look forward to any help.

A:Windows 7 Pro – Lost “Import and tag pictures" app

your attachment is not working so we cannot see what you are missing.
are you sure this is not software that came with the camera?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/windows-7-pro-ndash-lost-ldquoimport-tag-picturesquot-app-4598287/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 that is configured to display contacts from Outlook, Facebook & Twitter. I have collected many hundreds over the years that include friends and colleagues. As I create an account, I also add a photo or a business logo that helps me to identify. This morning I noticed that ALL Outlook contacts have lost their profile pic and I manually put a few back. As there are hundreds of these, I'm hoping that there is a sync that can be done to restore. Can someone pls assist ?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444076-all-outlook-contacts-my-nokia-1020-lost-their-profile-pictures-how-can-i-restore-pls.html
Relevancy 46.44%

When I started up my computer it went to the error check screen and it started to delete some files. I thought it was doing a routine check to keep everything in order and to make my computer faster, but it deleted some of my icons, user account pictures, start menu shortcuts in All Programs, and all the shortcuts in Administrative Tools.

How can I restore them?

A:Lost user account pictures, some desktop icons, start menu shortcuts

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-user-account-pictures-some-desktop-icons-start-menu-shortcuts.314318/
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

Something I have presumably done recently (but I don't know what) means I can no longer pick up a picture from anywhere, using "right click on desktop / properties" to use as a desktop background.

It USED to work, and I could pick up a picture from anywhere. Now when I select a picture from somewhere, and click to use it as a background, nothing happens.

I can still apply a picture as a desktop background from (say) Picasa.

I was fiddling (carefully, I thought) with "Tweakui" but have been back through it, and can't see anywhere I may have interfered with this function. Maybe I'm just not smart enough...

Windows XP Home.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Michael

Relevancy 43%

Hello everyone,

I recently installed a new SSD to run my OS and formatted my HDD to use as storage. While I was trying to follow a guide to relocate the My Photos, My Documents, etc. folders to the HDD, I accidentally assigned the My Pictures folder to the entire E: drive. Is there any way to restore it back to the SSD so I can properly move it? When I right click the E: drive and go to properties-->location-->restore default, it shows its original location is in my Users file on my C: drive, but it does not allow me to restore it to the default location, giving me the error "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under E:\System Volume Information. Access denied."

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

A:Lost "My Pictures" Folder While Relocating to New Drive

You did not lose it. It just got misplaced.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66264-lost-my-pictures-folder-while-relocating-new-drive.html
Relevancy 42.57%

One of my uses of my Compaq Presario is to create CD s of digital photos from selection in "My Lost write Pictures" CD a memory disk from my camera Win XP Home Edition has always recognized the USB port and offered the option in the Pictures Tasks selections in My Pictures Screen to quot Copy all items to a CD quot when I had selected certain photos I have had a teenager use my computer without permission recently and now the quot Copy all items to a CD quot is no longer present in the Lost CD write selection in "My Pictures" selections This has always been a quick and easy thing to do but last evening I was most frustrated and could not do what I wanted to do I had to use the computer at my work to copy my pics to a CD I have done this many times both at home and at the office How can this selection have been disabled and how can I restore it I certainly appreciate any help or suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Screenshot of the Windows Vista Pictures and Videos Folder

A:Approved Beta 1 Launch Pictures - Pictures and Videos Folder

That kinda looks like ACDSee.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/26143/approved-beta-1-launch-pictures-pictures-and-videos-folder/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I formatted my drive after I saved my favorites and my pictures to CD Formatting cleared up the problem of two dial up connections I tried everything on that The duplicate connection is no more Finally Anyway back to why I am posting again I want to put the pictures that I saved from the My Pictures folder back to the My Pictures folder I Put My Pictures How Solved: Folder? Pictures Do in Back I Saved have set one of them as the new desktop background It was before the format I have looked in Help and Support but I can t seem to find anything I have typed in quot Export Pictures from CD to My Pictures folder quot without the quotes and I get a list of links pertaining to CD recording errors and other Solved: How Do I Put Saved Pictures Back in My Pictures Folder? things like that I did right Solved: How Do I Put Saved Pictures Back in My Pictures Folder? click on a picture in Drive E my CD-RW just to see what would come up and I noticed that on the Send To menu that these pictures can be sent to the desktop Is this what I should do then Send them to the desktop and open them and send them from here to the My Pictures folder It can t be that easy can it Let me hear from anybody nbsp

A:Solved: How Do I Put Saved Pictures Back in My Pictures Folder?

Highlight all your pictures on the cd, right click and click on copy, then open you picture folder on your computer and right click and click on paste.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-do-i-put-saved-pictures-back-in-my-pictures-folder.319843/
Relevancy 38.7%

What the title should say is ..."Windows 7 (new for me) is not saving pictures from camera TO my pictures file." Thank you for any and all advice.  I went to upload photos from my website but could not find them! What I have done so far: 1. Set autoplay to default 2. Unplugged all ports and replugged 3. Typed jpg in search and found them but they are not accessible when I try to upload them to my website. 4. Looked in temp files (not there) 5. Tried another "test" photo and tried one more time to upload it from snapfish and photobucket and still can't find them. Can I tell windows where to save my photos? Could this be from a corrupt file? I don't know what else to try.

A:Windows 7 (new for me) is not saving pictures from camera to my pictures.

They on all of my machines end up in the picture folder unless I click on save as and select another location.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578946/windows-7-new-for-me-is-not-saving-pictures-from-camera-to-my-pictures/
Relevancy 38.7%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system if this here post told pictures see my pictures me to gone/someone folder all are to lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program my pictures folder all pictures are gone/someone told me to post this here to see if Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files my pictures folder all pictures are gone/someone told me to post this here to see if Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files my pictures folder all pictures are gone/someone told me to post this here to see if Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe c program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exe c program files common files aol ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Lexmark X Series quot C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exe quot O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run AOL Dialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOlDial exe O - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button no name - CD F -D E - d ... Read more

A:my pictures folder all pictures are gone/someone told me to post this here to see if

is the pictures folder "my pictures" within my documents or were you saving them someplace else, in another folder?

were they deleted, are they in the recycle bin?

you haven't given much info other than the pics are missing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pictures-folder-all-pictures-are-gone-someone-told-me-to-post-this-here-to-see-if.573141/