Windows Support Forum

Why not use plain english

Q: Why not use plain english

can someone tell of a diagnostic utility for windows that reports in away that any dummy (me) can understand and shows the user the errors in plain english , not computer speak
any help is much appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Why not use plain english

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Why not use plain english

well.. chkdsk can be a help to you.

advance kind of utilities..,, can be understand by an advance troubleshooter..

so if you think you can't understand things.

call someone who can..

maybe me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-not-use-plain-english.145381/
Relevancy 74.39%

Dumb Q

But please someone

What in plain English is the Server

Relevancy 74.39%

I am looking at a new laptop and get to choose between Windows XP Pro and Windows Media Centre and I'm reading up on the difference. It seems that Media Centre just has the same and a bit more, but does not let you "join an active directory domain". My eyes started rolling around in my head when I was reading about that - can somebody take pity and give me a short comprehensible explanation? Does it mean I can't network the laptop to my main computer (if I wanted to) or is it something else again? Thanks.

A:What Does "joining A Domain" Mean In Plain English?

A domain is a local area network (LAN) with workstations and servers under the control of one central security server or group of servers. These servers (called controllers) refer to a database that keeps track of users, their passwords, and what they're permitted to access. A domain is a controlled LAN that provides a single login for users to gain access to network resources like file storage and network printing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90234/what-does-joining-a-domain-mean-in-plain-english/
Relevancy 74.39%

I had my Hijack this log analized and need help on how to carry out the steps to complete the process Logfile of beginner plain english in Help this Please computer HijackThis v Safe Shows the version of HijackThis an The newest version is v This should be the newest version v A newer version of service pack is available Service packs increase the safety of your system Visit Microsoft s windowsupdate site to download the newest version of the service pack Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Safe Shows the version of your Internet Explorer Newest Version is This should be the newest version C WINDOWS System smss exe Safe running process smss Please Help this computer beginner in plain english exe Systemprozess - Anwendung die benutzt wird um Sitzungen zu starten verwalten und l schen C WINDOWS system winlogon exe Safe running process winlogon exe Systemprozess - Windows Login Routine C WINDOWS system services exe Safe running process services exe Systemprozess - Verwaltet die Systemdienste C WINDOWS system lsass exe Safe running process lsass exe Systemprozess C WINDOWS system svchost exe Safe running process svchost exe Systemprozess - Allgemeiner Hostprozessname f r Dienste C WINDOWS System svchost exe Safe running process svchost exe Systemprozess - Allgemeiner Hostprozessname f r Dienste C WINDOWS Explorer EXE Safe running process Explorer EXE Systemprozess f r Desktop und Taskleiste C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE Safe running process LEXBCES EXE Lexmark LexBce Service C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe Safe running process spoolsv exe Systemprozess C Please Help this computer beginner in plain english WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Safe running process LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe Safe running process BCMSMMSG exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe Safe running process mcagent exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe Safe running process RealPlay exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe Safe running process qttask exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee AntiSpyware Please Help this computer beginner in plain english MssCli exe Unknown running process MssCli exe McAfee AntiSpyware This is a unknown process C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor exe Safe running process Hpi Monitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe Safe running process hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe Unknown running process ViewMgr exe This is a unknown process C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe Safe running process MpfTray exe C SMC SMC exe Safe running process SMC exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe Safe running process mcvsescn exe C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmgr exe Safe running process lxbbbmgr exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe Safe running process jusched exe C Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-us msnappau exe Nasty running process msnappau exe Spyware This is a nasty process You should fix it and try to delete it manually C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE Safe running process LVCOMS EXE C Program Files America Online aoltray exe Safe running process aoltray exe AOL Trayicon Not dangerous but unnecessary C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmon exe Safe running process lxbbbmon exe C PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe Safe running process hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe Unknown running process diagent exe This is a unknown process C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe Safe running process MpfAgent exe McAfee Software C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Safe running process iexplore exe Internet Explorer - Wir empfehlen einen sichereren alternativen Browser zu verwenden z B Firefox C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe Safe running process CTsvcCDA exe Creative Soundkarte C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe Safe running process MPFSERVICE exe McAfee Software C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe Safe running process nvsvc exe Not dangerous but unnecessary C... Read more

A:Please Help this computer beginner in plain english

Please post your complete Hijack This 1.98.2 log here and someone will look at it . You will be guided through the steps necessary to clean your log

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-this-computer-beginner-in-plain-english.300813/
Relevancy 50.74%

I was doing a crossword puzzle online and all of the sudden a couple of windows flashed across the screen and the language changed from all English to a mixed English and Arabic (I believe). The menu bar at top of screen is gone too. HELP!

A:Language on my computer changed from English to English and (I believe) Arabic

Press the Windows flag key + R and in the Run open field type: intl.cpl (press enter)
Check that the drop down box under “Format: English” is set to “Match Windows Display language (recommended)"

I would be a little leery that something malicious may have been installed on the computer to cause this unwanted change. You may want to update and run any AV and or anti-malware programs you may have installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/language-on-my-computer-changed-from-english-to-english-and-i-believe-arabic.1141979/
Relevancy 49.88%

How do I reset my computer to English?

A:My computer is not in English How do I change it back to English?

Hi,
The following document may help you:
Install or change a display language
Windows 7 language packs are available for computers that are running Windows 7 Ultimate
or Windows 7 Enterprise

Best Regards
DalePlease remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a2aabcd2-3b5e-447b-b8ff-cecc358d262a/my-computer-is-not-in-english-how-do-i-change-it-back-to-english?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 49.88%

I live in belgium and naturally buy my hardware here. I don't, however, like to install my sotware in dutch as it's much easier to solve problems in english.
This means that I install an english windows 7 on my pc and I install english versions of software as wel.

Now, even though I do all this, I still get text in dutch both from the system and from software. For example, some error messages from windows itself are in dutch.

Can anyone explain to me how this is possible and how i can change it? It must have something to do with the hardware but when I install software in english, I expect it to be in English!

A:English installs on an english windows still in dutch

I don't think the hardware has anything to do with it. Question is whether you truely installed an English version. If that was an OEM installed Dutch Win7, then it is not part of the 5 language version (En, Fr, Ger, Span, JPN). You need a 5 language version installation disk to get full English. How did you actually install the "English version" - from what source.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/66207-english-installs-english-windows-still-dutch.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello everyone my first post here i hope you can help My girlfriend has a new-ish laptop that came with Windows Home Premium and recently it had some issues The English, Force I Not It To Run English? Windows Can Installation In in issues have got worse and it turned out to be a stuffed drive out of warranty its basically stuffed I got a new HD and installed it but when i went digging for the Windows disc that came with it i couldn't find it Some googling tells me that this laptop does not come with any install discs seriously wtf only some manuals and other paper work There was however a recovery drive which i assume was a partition for re-installing windows and the rest of the included bloat ware Without a Windows disc we could not install it on the new drive so i downloaded an ISO on my machine and created a DVD but the idiot i am i downloaded it in the wrong language I didn't notice the NL at Windows Installation Not in English, Can I Force It To Run In English? the end of the file which im assuming is Netherlands Please excuse my language ignorance if im wrong I Windows Installation Not in English, Can I Force It To Run In English? know downloading software is wrong i dont need a lecture I'm just not going to pay for another copy of Windows because the scumbag laptop manufacturer wont even include a bloody install disc I have the product key of course luckily the sticker on the bottom of the laptop was still visible Sure i could download another ISO Windows Installation Not in English, Can I Force It To Run In English? but being bad once is enough for me and our net is pretty slow it took days to DL this copy Hope someone can help

A:Windows Installation Not in English, Can I Force It To Run In English?

I would download or borrow an English language Windows Seven DVD. Install it with no product key. You have 30 days to evaluate. Also you can extend that period several times. It's not illegal. See this tutorial:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-120-days.html

By that time you should be able to determine you have everything working and can then find out what you need to do for activation to keep it permanently.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/195857-windows-installation-not-english-can-i-force-run-english.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have been trying to get Cortana to work on my SP3, unfortunately it is locked onto speech English UK, I have all latest windows downloads and all settings suite the Australian region except for speech which I cannot change.
Any help to change the speech would be most appreciated.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435421-my-sp3-locked-english-uk-i-cant-change-english-australia.html
Relevancy 48.16%

whenever I download an english game and go to play it nothing is in english. This has been going on for a couple months. Don't know how to fix it. thank you

A:can't play english games in english

What is your default operating system language set to?

This would be found in Control panel in Regional settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-play-english-games-in-english.934414/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi there,
When choosing the Win 10 install I am given these options:
Select Language: English (United Kingdom), English (United States)

are there any major differences? apart from the obvious one - certain words are spelt differently...

thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/46469-ok-select-language-english-united-kingdom-english-united-states.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Does anybody knows the difference between Windows 8.1 English and Windows 8.1 English International distribution?

A:English vs English International

I haven't seen it listed that way.
Where are you seeing it listed like that?
In my MSDN, I can see the English-UK (en-GB), and the English (en-US) downloads:

Don
(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.

This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a40e316c-1f73-4e6f-bc07-29e1034551cd/english-vs-english-international?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 41.28%

VB question?

Is there a DLL out there that I can pass a string with RTF formatting and have the function return just the string?

e.g.

"\tx2880\tx3240\tx3600\tx3960\tx4320\cf1\b\f0\fs18 INSERT\tab INTO\cf2\b0 TPA_DP
\par (PATIENT_ID, PROJECT_NME
\par )
\par \cf1\b SELECT\tab\cf2\b0 C.PATIENT_ID, MPC_DT.PROJECT_NME..."

I would like to have this statement returned to me as:
"INSERT INTO TPA_DP (PATIENT_ID, PROJECT_NME) SELECT c.PATIENT_ID, MPC_DT.PROJECT_NME..."

Thanks
Craig

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rtf-to-plain.293823/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello newbie stand back everyone O I have just got a Lenovo G with windows and since getting it two weeks ago no two days have been the same Programmes disappearing screens greying out will not shut down takes a walk around the block and cook a roast time span to start up programmes cannot repair messages it goes on and on plain Just HELP!!! I am totally bewildered I seem to get over one little problem and then another smacks me in the moosh I am terrified I will start it up one day and everything has disappeared I do backup important files on a external hard drive but that's not the point I want to enjoy my computer and be able to rely on it but at the moment I am getting a deep dislike for it I am not technically minded so if any kind person has any suggestions as to what I might do to make me love it again can they please put it in baby language Just plain HELP!!! Thanking you in advance

A:Just plain HELP!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by sandy52

Hello, newbie stand back everyone :O)

I have just got a Lenovo G560 with windows 7 and since getting it two weeks ago no two days have been the same.
Programmes disappearing
screens greying out
will not shut down
takes a walk around the block and cook a roast time span to start up programmes
cannot repair messages
it goes on and on

I am totally bewildered, I seem to get over one little problem and then another smacks me in the moosh.

I am terrified I will start it up one day and everything has disappeared, I do backup important files on a external hard drive but that's not the point, I want to enjoy my computer and be able to rely on it, but at the moment I am getting a deep dislike for it.

I am not technically minded, so if any kind person has any suggestions as to what I might do to make me love it again, can they please put it in baby language.
Thanking you in advance

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Go to the windows log>application tab.

You want to look for critical errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/177963-just-plain-help.html
Relevancy 40.85%

my grandma has a new laptop that has the plain version of windows 8 on it and i have a windows 7 disc and key code that i would like to downgrade for her she really likes win 7 and hates windows 8. im very knowledged in the windows 7 and have formatted and installed many windows 7 computers but have no idea how to downgrade the windows 8 so any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:plain win 8 to win 7 ultimate

Hi, Welcome to 8 forums.

Here is a link that will show you, how you can down grade. Its a small slide show.

How To Downgrade From Windows 8 To Windows 7
Hope this helps!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39366-plain-win-8-win-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Is there a way I can down just plain old Google rather than Google chrome please? I had it on my machine bud did a down load from Adobe who took it off, rotters....
Cheers
RonBin79

A:Just Plain Google

Not really sure what you're asking. Google Chrome is a browser that let's you access the internet. Its basic function is just like any other browser (internet explorer, firefox, opera, safari, etc.) Google (which is what I think you mean by "plain old google") is a web search engine that lets you find other sites on the web based on keyword searches.

What is Google Chrome

What is Google?

You can access Google at any time by going to google.com or you can make it your default home page. Every browser lets you decide what page appears whenever you open your browser. For example, if you are using internet explorer, click the gear icon in the upper right corner and then click on internet options (see first screenshot.) A new screen opens and on the "general" tab you can specify what you want as your home page.

(In the second screenshot you will see that I want a blank home page. You could replace "about:blank" with google.com simply by going to google.com, clicking the gear icon > internet options > then clicking the "use current" button.)

Internet Explorer Home Page - Specify and Prevent Changing

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/351746-just-plain-google.html
Relevancy 40.85%

O.K all you really smart computer guys, I know I am not asking questions about really cool shoot-em up games, I do play these at home, like Starcraft, Warcraft, Baldurs Gate, Diablo, just not online, but I really would like to have an opinion on the Hearts Game I do play online, maybe it's AOL and not my computer This fragmenting bit has got me puzzled, it's sometimes just a small slash piece of part of the Hearts game. C'mon, pretty please Sandra

Relevancy 40.85%

I have a gateway laptop to where when i need to change the volume control or the brightness of my monitor I have to hit the FN key and then another corresponding key due to whatever action I am wanting. Well whenever I try to do this now the little blue box that would appear in the top left corner that showed the level of brightness/volume now is all distorted and not allowing me to see anything. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Just Plain Annoying

That's the only thing that shows distortion? No other applications? What's the model number?
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/129292/just-plain-annoying/
Relevancy 40.85%

Will someone please tell me how I can re install Google as a search engine to my desk top please? For some unknown reason it has gone walk-about!

cheers,

ronBin79

A:Just plain old Google

Just type www.google.co.uk in the browser address bar and hit enter

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/294184-just-plain-old-google.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Logfile of Infected Plain Just HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System wltrysvc exeC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Just Plain Infected Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS Logi MwX Just Plain Infected ExeC WINDOWS retadpu exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC PROGRA YSTEM wuaclt exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Documents and Settings Dave Purcell Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeO - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX ExeO - HKLM Run runner C WINDOWS retadpu exe A B BBF B F F B E B F AA EBD D C B F O - HKLM Run InfoData rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system enoneexo dll quot realsetO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run Sen quot C PROGRA YSTEM wuaclt exe quot -vt yazbO - HKCU Run Eojdif quot C Program Files Common Files pPatch l gonui exe quot O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dllO - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS system Shdocvw dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Trusted Zone sxload net HKLM O - DPF F FBD -A B- -AF -F BB FD - mk MSITStore C DOCUME DAVEPU LOCALS Temp winfix chm SystemDoctor FreeInstall cabO - Protocol ms-help - C -A - D -BBCA- C F EC - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Help hxds dllO - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - C WINDOWS system WPDShServiceObj dllO - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeO - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeO - Service AVG E-mail Scanner AVGEMS - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeO - Service ewido anti-spyware guard - Anti-Malware Development a s - C Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exeO - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exeO - Service iPodService - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeO - Service Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service wltrysvc - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS System wltr... Read more

A:Just Plain Infected

Hello there and welcome to BleepingComputer. My name is Charles and I will be dealing with your log today. Please move HijackThis to a permanent folder. Anywhere is fine, other than your Desktop or a temporary folder. If it is in one of these locations, there is a risk that you may accidentally delete the backups; which may be needed if we fix something we're not meant to.If you use Windows XP it may be that you just double clicked on the HijackThis.exe file, but this only extracts the file to a temporary folder. If you right click on it and select Extract, you can choose a folder to place it in.How to make a permanent folder:Click Start | My Computer | Local Disk (C: ) | Program Files.In the menu bar at the top, go to File | New | Folder.That will create a folder named "New Folder", which you can rename to "HijackThis". You have now created C:\Program Files\HijackThis. Now get your HijackThis.exe file and place it in your folder.Right-click on the hijackthis.exe file. Select "Rename", call it fluffybunny and press enter.Use fluffybunny.exe from now on.Download Combofix to your Desktop.Double click combofix.exeFollow the prompts that are displayed. Don't click on the window while the fix is running, because that will cause your system to hang.When finished, it should produce a log, combofix.txt. Post that in your next reply.Please post back a new HijackThis log once done, along with the combofix log.Thanks,Charles

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90178/just-plain-infected/
Relevancy 40.85%

I've only been using W8 about 2 weeks and wonder if someone can help me with Solitaire. I've become addicted to playing on Vista but what I miss most......someone.....please tell me how to get the 'new' Solitaire to right click or something to pull up all the cards when you win. I find it boring to click on each card individually not to mention I have arthritis in my right hand and it's difficult and definitely takes away the enjoyment of the game. Is there a solution? Otherwise, I like it.

Thanks.

A:Plain 'ole Solitaire

Hi Ruth!

Welcome to Eightforums.

If I understand you correctly you want to know how to get the pc to finish the game of Solitaire, once it is obvious that you will win.

The answer is very easy, just make sure all the cards are on 'the table' and not 'face downwards'. Then the pc will take over and finish the game for you.

Have fun playing!

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/18764-plain-ole-solitaire.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I've run every scan I know of:

Superantispyware
ccleaner
Malwarebytes'
Auslogics registry cleaner
Auslogics Registry defrag
Dishwasher - steam cycle is next! lol

I am running this:

Processor & Memory
Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU 550 @ 2.00GHz
Physical memory: 1 GiB

Operating system
Name: Microsoft? Windows Vista? Home Basic
Version: 6.0.6002
Service pack: Service Pack 2

Devices
C: 64.91 GiB NTFS - 38.90 GiB free
D: 9.62 GiB NTFS - 2.55 GiB free
F: 7.46 GiB FAT32 - 3.46 GiB free

I'm assuming this computer can run faster. It sure did in the past. (How many times have you heard this story?)

I'd be happy to help you help me, in any way. If there is any other information I can give you, please ask. I have already done a HJT log, and will wait until you ask for it.

Regards,
Tink

A:Just plain SLOW!

(How many times have you heard this story?)More times than you would care to count...I can understand your frustration. Vista is quite the pain.Your processor is lacking, and your RAM is way too low to be running Vista. You should highly consider upgrading your RAM to no less than 2GB. Crucial is where I always buy my RAM. A Celeron running Vista is a joke to me. Yeah, it's running at 2GHz, but it's a single-core with a low FSB and L2 cache....which is fancy talk for a crappy processor. Couple that with low RAM on Vista, and you've got yourself some performance problems.Please note: registry cleaners will not make your computer faster in any shape or fashion. They are the current "snake oil" of the internet.Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:? Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.? Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.? Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.? Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.? The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results". Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.Ed Bott's Webog: Why I don?t use registry cleanersDo I need a Registry Cleaner?About the only thing you can do to squeeze anything resembling speed out of a computer running these specs and Vista is to disable all visual effects and limit your startup programs.See here: Optimize Windows Vista for better performanceYour hardware is just not up to par for running Vista (the truth). No amount of "tweaking" will make it any faster.If you want to regain some sanity, either put XP on... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308318/just-plain-slow/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi slow just plain It's If you've got a chance to look at this It's just plain slow thanks Generally my PC over the last few months has just become almost unmanagably slow I think some process must be eating all the processor time but when I look often there's nothing visible that is hogging resources At times I'm unable to access network resources and get messages similar to quot not enough system resources quot and yet I've only got Outlook Word and IE running The network drives I want to access all show as being full when I try to display their properties yet I know there's a pile of space available But mostly - it's slow Can you see anything in my logs that stand out as being a problem I'm only posting here I followed the steps although I'll admit to skipping step Log here and extra txt attached Thanks Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Steve on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Percentage of Memory in Use more than System Drive C has GiB less than free -- HijackThis run as Steve exe ----------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VAIO VEDB Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent ntrtscan exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent tmlisten exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn msftesql exe C Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent OfcPfwSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment VzRs VzRs exe C WINDOWS TEMP PR EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Sony VAIO Zone Remote Commander AvRmtCtr exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent pccntmon exe C Program Files SanDisk Sansa Updater SansaDispatch exe C PROGRA sony SONICS SsAAD exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SSScsiSV exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolba... Read more

A:It's just plain slow

I hope it's not impolite to bump this.

I realize also I never posted the results from the online scan, so here that is.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/its-just-plain-slow-235242.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Ok.. no hardware question, but its been annoying me. When ever I do a search from members.yahoo.com, no matter what I search for, comes back with 0 results. It works fine for my friend a few blocks away.. I tried clearing history/cookies.. anyone ever had this problem?

A:just plain annoying..

Well wrong forum!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-plain-annoying.142590/
Relevancy 40.85%

ell basically i cna only see text on sites no images sept for emocons and ads

A:plain web sites AT DO I DO

Hi,

Quote:

Originally Posted by doapyro

ell basically i cna only see text on sites no images sept for emocons and ads

I'm no expert on Internet Explorer, but one thing you could try is checking that "show pictures" is checked in Internet Options. You don't say which version you are using so please indicate this in your next post. Assuming you are using IE7, click on "Tools" then click "Internet Options". Click the "Advanced" tab at the right then scroll down to Multimedia and make sure "show pictures" is checked. If it isn't, check it, then click "Apply" then OK and try opening a webpage. If it is already checked then we'll have to think of something else.

Regards,
Pilot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/plain-web-sites-at-do-i-do-134992.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey everyone, im desperate. I have a file with no extension its a . file. Is there anyway to delete files with no extension? (files that have just a . and nothing after it)

A:plain file removal

Hi and Welcome to TSF

Where is the location of the file?
Download MoveOnBoot
MoveOnBoot allows you to copy, move or delete files on the next system boot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/plain-file-removal-108975.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Is it possible to remove all toolbars, icons, column letters, row numbers, etc, from an Excel 2000 worksheet so that only my own work remains?

After doing this to 2 special worksheets I want to revert to ordinary Excel sheets.

Am using Windows XP
Office 2000
Excel 2000

Thanks!

A:plain Excel worlsheet

hi larnerset,

do you mean you lost the row / col numbers by mistake and want them back?

I don't have Excel 2000 available, but check in Tools / Options.

For Excel 2007 there are preferences, such as 'show row and column headers', there was probably someting similar in Excel 2000.
Also see earlier thread about Excel 2007 not closing properly, my reply about .xlb files might help you also.

lol
Hew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plain-excel-worlsheet.1003525/
Relevancy 39.99%

I went to the malware forums and they said I was clean, but my computer is extremly slow. Everything takes a really long time to load. Is there anything I can do to make it faster? I do defrag's and ATF and cleanup weekly.

A:Computer Is Just Plain Out Slow!

Have you checked to see what unneeded applications launch on boot? Many applications will run in the background waiting to be launched; each takes a little of your system resources and each adds to the time it takes to launch Windows.
If you have Spybot installed, it has a startup tool that allows you to manage these applications, and you can review those checked against the BC start-up database to determine which you do not need.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44666/computer-is-just-plain-out-slow/
Relevancy 39.99%

If you contract the vundo.virus, don't bother trying to attempt to download HijackThis, or any "virus solving" software.
It's not going to help.
Downloading all of that crap simply puts you at the risk that Vundo already puts you in. Getting more viruses.
Just reformat your harddrive, and reinstall Windows.

~Hirashima

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vundo-plain-and-simple.994906/
Relevancy 39.99%

Sometimes when I copy paste it pastes with the original formatting LIke table borders narrow columns etc Sometimes it must pick up like this because the PASTE in WORD says quot paste cells quot and regular paste is greyed out I try and highlight just the text and sometimes this works But if it s a narrow column on where I m copying it from it pastes the same way I ve tried ctrl and A to quot select quot and sometimes this works like on this board it just picks up the text which is all I want At times when this happens I ve closed and pasted it in WordPad which doesn t have as much formatting and usually only puts the text but it still keeps it in a narrow column if that s how it started Regardless of what the margins are set on in Word Wordpad My questions are How can Just copy/paste plain I copy and past just text regardless of how it s originally formatted And how can I get it to fill the whole page on WORD if the orginal is in a narrow column or two Sometimes WORD is too smart and does too much for what I want which is usually just simple text to save or print I m sure there s simple answers I m just not finding or seeing Thanks Carrie nbsp

A:Just plain copy/paste

Cut and paste into notepad or wordpad if you want plain text without any formatting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-plain-copy-paste.103195/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi all,

I wanna ask how to add other plain text fonts other than the default choices in IE9/10 "Appearance" option, any way to go? Thanks in advance.

A:How to add plain text font in IE9/10?

Hello tkrojam,

The fonts available for IE9/10 "Appearance" option use the same fonts that are included by default and installed for Windows. Installing a plain text .ttc font you like, will have it added to the list.

Fonts - Install

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/245926-how-add-plain-text-font-ie9-10-a.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I have an advent 7114 running on xp and I tried to connect to wireless today (ranlink card I think) and it does connect and show a signal, but when I go to open Internet explorer I just grt a page saying 'you may br connected to the Internet, try connection again' then when I clicked on wireless properties I can see I'm sending 789 packets and receiving only 12. Can anyone help? I just need to get to emails

Thanks in advance X

Relevancy 39.99%

i defragment regularly and all that other stuff registry mechanic crap cleaner and my computer has been very slow latley Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost Computer just slow plain exe C WINDOWS System brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System brss a exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe C Program Files McAfee com Computer just plain slow VSO oasclnt exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Documents and Settings patlynjaketom Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net home html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run OASClnt C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RunDLL exe NvMCTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run DiskeeperSystray quot C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkIcon exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate Page into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF... Read more

Relevancy 39.99%

ny help on this issue would be greatly appreciated Every time i click on the PR icon to load the game all i get is a blue screen I can hear the Plain screen blue sound but have no picture I can play Arma no problem but the same happens with the combined ops as well however it will run in windowed mode this is driving me nuts as im dying to get on and play the game The computer used to belong to a friend of mine and it all run fine before All the graphics drivers are correct and fully up to date Plain blue screen for my graphics card nvidia GT At first i thought it was a graphics problem but after much cursing and swearing i reinstalled arma and am now able to play it whereas i couldn t before as i got a blue screen so i re-installed the operation arrowhead so i had the necessary combined ops to run PR but still get a blue screen unless in windowed mode Could any one solve this one for me before i lose it completely and my computer meets mr sledge hammer My specs are Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United Kingdom gigahertz Intel Core Duo kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board ASUSTeK Computer INC P K SE EPU Rev xx Serial Number MS C BLQC Bus Clock megahertz BIOS American Megatrends Inc gb ddr ram NVIDIA GeForce GT Display adapter OEM W LCD TV Monitor nbsp

A:Plain blue screen

Any minidumps? Check you memory and hard drive for errors:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plain-blue-screen.177140/
Relevancy 39.99%

Sir, i have copied windows xp files to a plain cd which i have downloaded it from pc. Is there any process required to do with cd or i can directly install xp from that cd where i have copied the xp files.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/how-to-install-windows-xp-using-plain-cd/203714.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi everyone am or up Not screwed sure I plain infected just if This is my first try at this so please be patient I am running Wndows and yesterday I suddenly got a blue Not sure if I am infected or just plain screwed up screen and a restart It will start run for a few minutes with the processor clicking away and then will do it again In safe mode it starts no problem and does not go blue Ran Malwarebites and came up with quot infections quot I deleted them and restarted and now it says it can not find the cleanup file whaen starting and still goes Blue repeatedly Not sure if I am infected or just plain screwed up Any ideas I am running through a router wired I have other laptops in my network running wirelessly with no issues The last couple of days before this Imay have had a web hijacker as I would click on a Not sure if I am infected or just plain screwed up site from a Google search and it took me to a different site When I clicked back to the search then to the site again it would go to the correct site this time I know I am just spewing but I am not sure if any of this is related to the problem Thanks

A:Not sure if I am infected or just plain screwed up

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results here.If you get crashes in normal mode,run it in safemode with networkingDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469962/not-sure-if-i-am-infected-or-just-plain-screwed-up/
Relevancy 39.99%

I'm not sure which topic this fits in, but WinZip is software.

I can right click on a file and it says "zip and email to" or "extract to", but it's unclear how to just make a zip file, and have it AS a zip file?

For example, I have a large file I want as a zip file to upload to a server (for download). Not zip it and email it.

I have downloaded zip files, so there must be a way to just make one and upload it to a server.

It's probably one of the options with WinZip, I'm not understanding.

Or, maybe I can't do this with the free/trial version?

I think of these things and then try and figure out how to do it.

Thanks,

~ Carrie

A:How do I make a just-plain zip file?

Just open winzip and go to file, new, then follow the prompts to create a new zip file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-make-a-just-plain-zip-file.236632/
Relevancy 39.99%

I'm not having luck with my computers this weekend. Anyway, my newest problem is quite the weird one. For some reason, when my video drivers are installed, the display resolution drops to 800x600 and the quality drops to 4bit, when the drivers are not installed, everything is fine except for the fact that i can't change video settings because of the lack of the required installation files and whatnot. What could the problem be?

Relevancy 39.99%

I recently read that if you set your email settings to receive mail in plain text you won't receive spam because most spammers send mail in HTML. Is this true? What is the difference in how plain text and HTML text appears in an email and is there a disadvantage in using plain text?

A:Plain Text or HTML?

If you use HTML email, it is easier for spammer to tell if you viewed the email. That way they know they have a valid email address.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plain-text-or-html.405191/
Relevancy 39.99%

Windows Xp on a craptastic Dell laptop Been on this board several times in the past with several computers Pretty sure at this point I am just plain cursed I ve been using Microsoft Security Essentials for a few months now but just or Virus plain cursed? my problems started long before I run full scans quite Virus or just plain cursed? often and nothing malicious ever shows up Same with Malwarebytes nothing Yet something is obviously going on Everything is running SO slow that it takes hours to even open anything And in the process I get error messages and runtime errors popping up non-stop for programs and stuff that I m not even trying to run I haven t been able to connect to the internet wirelessly or wired for days now in either IE explorer or Firefox which keeps giving me crash error messages and won t even open I would have included screen shots but well that Virus or just plain cursed? would take weeks At this point I ve come to accept that I may have to call it a complete loss - but I d like to at least get things running just enough to pull off any important files etc to tranfer them to a different computer Important note I haven t been able to boot up in safe mode for quite some time now It gets to a black screen that says safe mode in white font in all four corners and won t go past there or I get the blue screen telling me an error has occured and everything will shut down I currently have WinsockFix Malwarebytes Rkill and HiJackthis loaded on there and ready to run if needed ANY help is so greatly appreciated I ve been fighting with the darn thing for weeks now and am ready to pull my hair out Thank you kindly

A:Virus or just plain cursed?

Don't mean to bump, but was just looking through some past scan logs from Microsoft Security Essentials, and the last time it picked up on something was a few weeks ago:
VirTool:WinNT/Sinowal.G
Trojan:Win32/FakeSpypro

Around the same time I had that whole fake Spyware thing going on with massive pop-ups and fake Spyware alerts, all which did quite some damage at the time.

I assumed I got rid of everything...but is it possible one of these 3 problems are now causing the bigger problem of making my computer practically inoperable?

It's been 2.5 weeks and I still cannot access the internet, even when physically wired to it. And I can barely run anything, and it still takes hours to open anything.

I use the computer for my graphic design freelance business and REALLY need access to my files and such. I've already missed tons of deadlines and opportunities. This is killing me! And my back up computer, which I am using now, has some SERIOUS scrolling/lack of pointer control issues so even typing THIS is a huge hassle.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320138/virus-or-just-plain-cursed/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,

I've recently been having some computer troubles, as soon as i'd turn on the power, the fans and harddrive would start whirring, but the moniter wouldn't turn on, I wouldn't receive any beeps and nothing generally happened. I've tried a few of the solutions, but nothing happened. Full story can be found here.

Though now, my computer is just plain not turning on at all. When I hit the power button, nothing happens. I attemped to remove the fan although I was having trouble, but I locked it back in place and reconnected everything else, and now it's just not turning on. Everything is in place, I've plugged it in through a different outlet... nothing at all is helping. I've had no problems what so ever with the power supply....any other ideas?

A:Computer just plain not turning on.

"I've had no problems what so ever with the power supply....any other ideas?"

You could be having a problem now!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-just-plain-not-turning-on.403817/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi everybody,

Can anybody tell me if this is normal? When I turn on my system and it starts booting up I get a white bar that looks like some type of status bar on the bottom of the screen during the bios boot. Then when just before the Windows XP Welcome Screen shows up I get a plain blue screen flash before the Welcome Screen. Is this something normal in XP? I had to completely reinstall XP on my system and now this occurs. I don't remember this happening before. Please help if you can, I would really appreciate it. THANK YOU!

A:Plain Blue Screen in XP

No it does not sounds normal. Maybe you are using an old or the wrong display adaptor, such as a generic Windows driver. Check the manufacture's web site of your PC or display adaptor, and download the latest drivers, which should include instruction how to install it.

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plain-blue-screen-in-xp.303737/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi This is pretty wierd i cant sleep and i get up to google something and i notice that the name quot google quot when No is - Google Art Page Search Plain i open up the search page is just plain normally google decorates their name with art to match the season day current events etc like during the olympics they had decorated the name with pics associated with olympics and similar with all holidays so on the fourth of july they had fireworks around the name google i have some other browsers like palemoon and comodo and they also didnt show any art with the google search page i started using a software called bufferzone security which puts a virtual box around a browser i have it working on ie but not on palemoon or comodo so i dont think that is the problem is there a setting somewhere that would cause this to happen it doesnt seem to make a difference whether Google Search Page is Plain - No Art i am signed in Google Search Page is Plain - No Art or not when my browsers open to google search page the all have a the black bar across the top i would like to make that go away i dont know if that has anything to do with why i am just getting the plain name google thanks

A:Google Search Page is Plain - No Art

Ok, i find now that what i am talking about is called "doodle 4 google". it is unknown why it just started giving me the plain google name instead of the doodle google image. i found one forum which said click on the gear icon in the upper right and switch to classic from igoogle, but mine already seemed to be on classic, i messed around with igoogle but that didnt seem to help. can anyone help?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/440418/google-search-page-is-plain-no-art/
Relevancy 39.56%

"Rich (WYSIQYG) editing unable to run on your current system - click "OK" to swtich to plain text editing."

i keep getting that when i try to write in my blog. i also cant click the email box to write. what's up with that? anyone know how to stop it?

(i didn know what kind of problem it was so i posted here)

A:rich editing/plain text

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=285377

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rich-editing-plain-text.285443/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi all,

I trying to a add a plain text, which is not appearing in the original text, to my existing TOC list in microsoft word. I am trying to add a word "Chapters" to my TOC. But, I cannot. I typing it inside the TOC but when I update TOC list, the word "Chapters" disappears. Is there a way to solve this problem? This word should have no page number or dots.

I have attached a sample TOC list corresponding to what I want.

Thanks.

A:Adding a Plain Text to TOC in Word2010

This is fairly easy / simple to do.

Questions for you:
1) Do you know how to make and use styles?
2) Do you know how to use / edit the TOC reference function?

Your reply will determine how much time I need to spend detailing the steps.

Regards,
GEWB

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/244748-adding-plain-text-toc-word2010.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I recently switched to Windows under advice for added security of plain explanation events admin -had a few issues malware virus bugs with previous XP system I run my desktop through a wired ehthernet connection to bt home plain explanation of admin events hub which plain explanation of admin events also provides wireless connectivity for other home pc amp laptop I have no network establised and file sharing etc is off Three Users on computer Admin amp two other family members non admin rights Run Norton I d be grateful if someone could explain what the following Admin event warnings mean I really could do with a plain simple as much as possible explanation of what these events mean in context What is my pc apparently looking at trying to do with quot Gatherer quot quot Search of CSC quot quot sharepoint workspace quot and IE search History what does the S I D number represent Is there anything here that should concern me about intrusion on my pc or are these regular events Many thanks Here goes Log Name ApplicationSource Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles ServiceDate Event ID Task Category NoneLevel WarningKeywords User SYSTEMComputer downstairsDescription Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft SystemCertificates MyProcess Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft SystemCertificates CAProcess Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft SystemCertificates DisallowedEvent Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service quot Guid quot B E F - AFF- A - B - A A CE quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation ActivityID quot AC A -F - - B - DC CD quot gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt downstairs lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData Name quot EVENT HIVE LEAK quot gt lt Data Name quot Detail quot gt user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft SystemCertificates MyProcess Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft SystemCertificates CAProcess Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft SystemCertificates Disallowed lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name ApplicationSource Microsoft-Windows-SearchDate Event ID Task Category GathererLevel WarningKeywords ClassicUser N AComputer downstairsDescription The content source lt SharePointWorkspaceSearch S- - - - - - - gt cannot be accessed Context Application SystemIndex CatalogDetails A server error occurred Check that the server is available HRESULT x x Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microso... Read more

A:plain explanation of admin events

Hi -Did you run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Tool prior to installing Windows7 over your XP system ??Some programs from XP will not directly install on Windows7 -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451493/plain-explanation-of-admin-events/
Relevancy 39.56%

screen.JPG   201.22KB
  11 downloads

Hello, I am havng problems with an inhereted Acer TravelMate 4220 running windows xp and explorer 8. When I am on certain websites such as craigslist or gmail, the look of the page is very boxy and plain texted and some of the words have lines running through the center of them. The typing cursor also displays as a large, verticaly alinged rectangle instead of a normal flashing line. The spell check feature works, but the misspelled words are not shaded. I have removed and reinstalled java thinking his might be the problem, but it did not help. I have attahed a screen shot of craigslist as example. Thank you in advance for any help.

A:Very plain text on craigslist and gmail, not on others

Close IE.Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools, and click on Internet Explorer (no add-ons). Same thing?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289635/very-plain-text-on-craigslist-and-gmail-not-on-others/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have just installed a XH1176 USB 56K Modem. Does not seem to make any difference what software I use I can make outgoing calls through my landline using my PC but I cannot answer any incoming calls. Any suggestions?

A:Plain Old Telephone 56K Modem not working?

This goes way back for me...lets see if I remember correctly. Are you online while trying to answer the phone? I remember that there was some software the would allow you to answer an incoming call by automatically terminating the online connection and when call was over to reconnect connection. Damn dude that was almost 15 years ago...when I was on dial up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/271248-plain-old-telephone-56k-modem-not-working.html
Relevancy 39.56%

OK, so I am looking for just a plain external hard drive. By plain, I mean that i don't want any backup manager, no special virtual drives, and no special software. I need it to be cheap money wise but also reliable. I want it to recognize when to turn itself on and off (optional) when the device it's connected to is turned on or off. Also it needs to be able to stay on hours at a time. The size I am looking for is anywhere from is anywhere from 160 gb and up. I know this is very specific but I have not been able to locate one like this. Anyone have any ideas?

A:Just a plain external hard drive

Well for starters, any external hard drive out there (should) work out of the box via USB/eSATA/Fireware (assuming all your drivers are properly installed) without installing any software. Windows (or any recent OS) should install the drive and you'll see it and be able to use it like any other hard drive.

For what you're asking, I'd recommend buying any Western Digital or Seagate 5400rpm 2.5" (or 3.5" if size and portability isn't an issue) and a compatible enclosure (Vantec is a many avaibable for very low prices). You'll get the drive and an enclosure with cables and no software; plain and simple. But this option isn't usually the cheapest.

I'm going to make the quick assumption you're in the U.S. so I checked Newegg.

Here is a 500GB USB 2.0 external drive from Seagate: Newegg.com - Seagate 500GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive ST905004EXA101-RK

It's $59.99.

I also checked for the cheapest combination of OEM hdd (WD/Seagate) and retail enclosure and came up with $52.98 (before taxes and shipping) total.

Newegg.com - VANTEC NST-200S2-BK Aluminum 2.5" Black USB 2.0 External Enclosure Vantec CX 2.5" SATA USB 2.0 enclosure
Newegg.com - Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD1600BEVT 160GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Notebook Hard Drive -Bare Drive Western Digital 160GB 2.5" 5400rpm SATA2 HDD.

This combination isn't the absolute cheapest but the cheapest reliable combination I would recommend (based on the 2 years I've worked at a computer shop selling just about every kind of component out there available). Going with a 500GB OEM drive would be more expensive than the 500BG external from Seagate.

The other benefit of going with a pre-built external like the Seagate one is that it comes pre-partitioned and formatted, it's just plug and play and away you ago.

I recommend Seagate or Western Digital because they've offered the best warranties and support (telephone and online) in my experience. You can go with any brand and they should work out of box without installing any software. Also, avoid buying any external hard drive from a big box store like Best Buy, you will pay more. You're best bet is online store like Newegg, a Fry's store if one is near you or a local small store (if they offer good pricing, not all do).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/148433-just-plain-external-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Greetings BC experts Anyone heard of this quot seekservice exe quot seekservice exe dll jar and uninstall exe I m running a pc w windows xp sp I downloaded some in malware plain sight invisible free video conversion software which turned out invisible malware in plain sight to be a bait and switch I uninstalled it using Add Remove After the uninstall a message popped up reading that the software had been removed but some files were left that I must manually remove are you kidding me Turns out the software in question created and left behind several folders and files for me to tend to c documentsandsettings AllUsers ApplicationData SeekService seekservice exec ProgramFiles SeekService uninstall exe seekservice exe seekservice dllc ProgramFiles SeekService SeekService deleted seekservice exe seekservice dllIn addition I found files in my Firefox directory seekservice jar and seekservice xmlc ProgramFiles MozillaFireFox extensions AEF- - EBC-B -FF D B B chrome c ProgramFiles MozillaFireFox searchpluginsI can see in the task manager that seekservice is running both exe and exeI m rather apprehensive removing this unknown malware via the convenient quot uninstall exe quot so quot kindly quot left behind in c ProgramFiles SeekService uninstall exe as referred to in the directory described above It appears to be invisible to Avg free Malwarebytes Root Repeal and SuperAntiSW So far I haven t found much info Googeling this malware Is is a simple rightclick delete How I should proceed in safely removing it Thank you in advance

A:invisible malware in plain sight

Hello and welcome. First use the END TASK button in TAsk Manager to stop them.Next stop them at Start up/Download Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it.Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click here if you're not sure how to do this.)Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.Right-click on the entry and choose delete.Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259499/invisible-malware-in-plain-sight/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello and let me say first what a tremendous help and resource this website Seeking a Minimal Plain, Theme has Seeking a Plain, Minimal Theme been I can't thank the contributors enough for the outstanding content offered here As seen in my screenshot below I prefer a quot bling-less quot theme which is next to impossible with Aero The screenshot contains bits and pieces of things I found on this site Aero No Shine and Aero Plain come to mind I realize I am asking a huge favor here Can someone make me a single Aero theme that captures what I have in the screenshot plus a start menu and shutdown button without the blur a quot show desktop quot button without the blur date and clock fonts in black and window frames without the blur I would like to retain the ability to change the color the greenish stuff in the screenshot from the Aero Windows Color in personalization transparency off The only blur gradient I would like to keep is around the window titles see the notepad window in the screenshot As it stands now it is a confusing amalgam of bits and pieces I'm not sure I could replicate if I had a gun to my head Thank you in advance for all your work past and present

A:Seeking a Plain, Minimal Theme

Welcome to the Seven Forums
I think I made Aero No Shine not sure post links to them.

I can make them changes for you, will you post more screenshots of what you want with arrows pointing to the areas it will help.
This will be a custom theme and you will need to do 1 of these 2 ways of Enabling custom themes for it to work.
Enabling Custom Themes - Windows 7
Or
Theme - How to Apply Custom Themes

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/223231-seeking-plain-minimal-theme.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I'm using Outlook 2003. Sometimes, when I reply to or forward a message, the format changes from "HTML" or "rich text" to "plain text", thus losing all colour and font information.

Does Outlook have an option to prevent this?

A:Outlook switches to plain text

The format is based on the senders options in the received email.

Remember that if the sender has chosen plain text, even if you respond in HTML it will probably be stripped out at their end.

A good artlicle here:
http://www.uwec.edu/help/Outlook03/MAIL-formatting.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-switches-to-plain-text.496525/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello, although not a business person I thought this might be the best place to get an answer to my query.
Which is the most preferred text, HTML or Plain Text.
I use OutlookXP Office 2002.

Relevancy 39.56%

Not sure if this is in the right place or not (I am running Win XP Home ~ and it does pertain to that...) anyway, I am trying to figure out if there is a way to place an icon on the desktop without it pointing to something specifically.

For example, I want to place a link to a chat website, but I don't want to use the HTML default icon, I want to use a little "talk bubble". I can't change the icon via right-click (not an option), and if I used a program, it would only allow me to change ALL the icons, not just that one. (I really hope this makes sense)

I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks.

A:[Resolved] Just a plain old dekstop icon?

Why can't you right click the file you want to change? Or are you just saying that when you right-click it is does'nt give you the option to change the icon. Whenever I drag a URL from the address bar in IE to the desktop it creates a short-cut in which I am able to right-click and then click-on and then change the icon.

Does the file on your desktop have the little white arrow at the bottom indicating it is a short-cut or do you have the actual file itself. If its an actual file then you won't be able to change the icon.

So what you need to do is create a short-cut of the file on the desktop that you want to change and then right-click it > properties.... then change the icon to anything you want as long as you use a .ico (icon) file.

To make the short-cut, try right-clicking the file and then click "send to" and click "send to desktop (shortcut)". Then you should be all set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-just-a-plain-old-dekstop-icon.142931/
Relevancy 39.56%

"Rich (WYSIQYG) editing unable to run on your current system - click "OK" to swtich to plain text editing."

i keep getting that when i try to write in my blog. i also cant click the email box to write. what's up with that? anyone know how to stop it?

(i didn know what kind of problem it was so i posted here)

A:rich editing/plain text

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=285377

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rich-editing-plain-text.285593/
Relevancy 39.56%

Many images in HTML e-mails show as plain bright red. I have tried saving and opening in Photoshop - they save as .jpg files but PS says 'Could not complete your request because an unknown or invalid jpeg marker type is found'. I use Mozilla Thunderbird but the images don't show in OE either.
JPG files in web pages or HD files open OK.

A:email images open plain red

If they are all from the same sender I would suspect something wrong at their end.

If they are from multiple sources you might open a free online account like Yahoo mail. There are advantages you will probably discover compared to downloading mail to your computer. It is a good option for normal ISPs and necessary IMO for intrusive ones like AOL. You bypass many problems and it is a lot safer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-images-open-plain-red.581453/
Relevancy 39.56%

I wanted to open up documents and never had a problem reading it; now its all symbols on word pad. I don't know how to convert it so that I can read it

A:symbols instead of plain text on wordpad

You either lost your PDF reader, or somewhere down the line, Windows somehow got its wires crossed, lost its association with it and now sends it to Wordpad instead.Wordpad can't open a pdf and never could.You need pdf software to be installed.Commonly, Adobe Reader is used for this purpose.http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/re...Personally I prefer Sumatra PDF; No adware or sponsored crap - much smaller faster and lighter - (plus you can read e-books on it as well as pdf docs).https://kjkpub.s3.amazonaws.com/sum...For now: Assuming you have Adobe Reader installed. Right click your file; Select, 'Open with'. Is Adobe Rdr in the list?If so click on it and your document will open properly. You may have to go through the 'make my default' process to make the association automatico nce more..If for some reason you no longer seem to have a PDF reader, either go to Adobe's site to download the latest version:http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/re...or try SumatraPDF, above.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/symbols-instead-of-plain-text-on-wordpad/13661.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I downloaded the newest WLM beta (build 14.0.8050.1202) and whenever I click on the Mail notification instead of taking me to the usual login page i end up at NineMSN Hotmail.

They are technically the same site as after you login you end up in the same place but i prefer the look of the proper Hotmail (or Windows Live) login page.

Any help is appreciated

A:The newest WLM beta is just plain stupid

where did you download the WLM beta from?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/199040-newest-wlm-beta-just-plain-stupid.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have an older dell 4600, and i hooked it up to 3 different monitors and i get no screen. I just get "no signal", and a black screen.

If anyone can help, i would greatly appreciate it

thanks

A:Plain black screen - no signal?

3 different monitors, I would guess the graphics card gave up. Would you have another old computer, where you can take the card out and test this computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plain-black-screen-no-signal.999342/
Relevancy 39.56%

i am looking for a very,very,very plain web page site for
HTML codes. something that says 'this' will look like
'this'.,etc.

thanks

Relevancy 39.56%

hi,

i made a zip folder last week and password protected it. i have since been ill and stupidly forgtton the password (please do not bombard with comments, i'm stupid i know)

is there anything at all i can do??

thanks

A:password stored in plain text anywhere??

you can try this:
http://lastbit.com/zippsw/default.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/password-stored-in-plain-text-anywhere.515211/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi guys, this is my first post and i really need help.
A couple of days ago i had a Memory Dump BSOD and so i removed one of my RAM.Some of the icons have become plain white ever since.
The C and D drives and even all the folders' icons have become plain white.
Searched all over but couldn't find any solution.Using Windows 7 RC.
Please HELP!!!!!

Relevancy 39.56%

Hello Ive had lots of help from this site in the past which is great so I keep comming back Anyway the problem I have is during start up one time out of three or so I plain Just problem! up of this start sick get to the log Just plain sick of this start up problem! in screen where I click my name but a second before its completly there the computer freezes up The Icon and Name are about faded in and I m left hanging Even if i restart my computer times I get the same problem untill I hit F during startup and go to quot Last Settings that Worked quot This is bareable untill this time It didnt work as usual and I went through F etc When I got into windows it started to load about half my icons and locked up S So here I am in safe mode just want this problem to stop Im a Uni student in my final semester of my degree don t have time for this Any suggestions would be great -Matt nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I had to reinstall Incredimail this week after losing my hard drive crashed last week. When I receive emails now they are coming in as PLAIN text not in HTML. I have checked all my settings and contacted the HELP folks at Incredimail and nothing is resolved yet. Before my hard drive crashed Incredimail was working fine. I still am using IE 7 as my browser and use Windows XP. HELP!!!!:wave:

A:Incredimail Plain Text vs HTML

First, IncrediMail is eevil and you shouldn't use it! But you wouldn't listen to me anyway..

IM uses IE to render HTML, so it could be that your version does not work well with IE7. Do you have the latest version of IM installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/incredimail-plain-text-vs-html.79814/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello there, hope you can help.

I am running WIn98 (Dont laugh!! lol) and Outlook Express and I have quite a few Yahoo Groups that I run where members can send me email from.

The problem is that I want to be able to have the option of reading any email that arrives in my Outlook Express box as a plain text file, the reason for this is as you know, viruses etc can travel in so many forms and this would be easier for me do without the disadvantage of possible attacks.

I thought it would be as easy as a Read As Plain Text in the Read option but I dont appear to have one.

If it's not possible that way, is there a add on for Outlook Express that will do the job.

All the best.

Richard

A:OUtlook Express - Read Only Plain Text?

I use Mailwasher from http://www.mailwasher.net/ to preview all of my mail.

A program that makes it easy to make the text setting is Calypso (freeware) from http://www.rosecitysoftware.com/overview.html#calypso.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-express-read-only-plain-text.267354/
Relevancy 39.13%

Small poll.
Which one mode do you prefer when you send or receive emails?

A:Do you opt for Plain Text or Full HTML in your emails

Attach a poll to the post?

Hah! Cheers john

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/294179-do-you-opt-plain-text-full.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have Windows XP and Firefox v3.5.7.

My bookmarks on the bookmark bar lately have been plain, looking like a little page with the top right corner folded down.

Before, the bookmarks had details. For example Mapquest was a red star, The Weather Channel had the letters TWC in a blue box, CraigsList is a purple peace sign, YouTube is a white square with the Tube in lower red, etc.

But lately, when I save a bookmark, or place a bookmark in the toolbar, I only get the plain, white, page icon. I don't like the fact that they now all look the same.

Please help me turn the icon details back on. Thank you.

A:Icons for Bookmarks on Firefox are plain, no detail

Maybe there is something that might help you in the Mozilla support document Favicons do not display

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303232/icons-for-bookmarks-on-firefox-are-plain-no-detail/
Relevancy 39.13%

No gamer in their right mind wants to deal with BS like this!

WARNING!! Very important to G27 Logitech wheel users :: DiRT Rally General Chat

WARNING!! Very important to G27 Logitech wheel users
I have a G27 with Profiler 5.10 and LGS 8.83.85 ( for my KB and Mouse ) installed.

Theres a Logitech Download Updater, that's the name of this update, coming through Windows update ( Win 10 here ) and is messing with Logitech Profiler.

Picture in Profiler changes to a Driving Force wheel ( My OS still see my wheel as a G27 tough ) and Profiler looses the ability to change Wheel rotation, enable/disable centering spring and use special steering wheel settings option. Wheel has a 180º degrees only and can't be changed anywhere.

Anyone got this update through Windows? There's any way to stop receiving this update through Windows?

https://hardforum.com/threads/perfect-example-of-why-win10-forced-updates-is-just-plain-bad.1900861/
Relevancy 39.13%

I am looking to find out how to convert analogue into readable digital plain text.

For example, i want to record an analogue signal from a dialup internet connection then convert it later into text on the computer.

I'm wondering if someone could point me into the right direction as to what hardware/software can do this for me.
Thank you

A:Analogue to digital (plain-text) converter

Lets see if I have this right. You want to record the screech and other audio noise from a dial up connection. Is that what you're saying? Then you want to convert that noise into readable text? Well there are lots od applications that do that now, analog to digital, cell phones, cameras and the like but I don't know if there is one piece of hardware/software that will do both the conversion and then transform that to readable text. You can get something like this: http://www.amabilidade2002.com/toslink2.htm but how to get it in a readable format's another matter.

By the way, welcome to the board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/analogue-to-digital-plain-text-converter.584896/
Relevancy 39.13%

maybe ill use Mozilla

i hope i can figure this out

tired of wasting time

so much news out there etc

help me out?

A:i think one browser should be plain text to speed up cmputer

http://w3m.sourceforge.net/

is that the answer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-think-one-browser-should-be-plain-text-to-speed-up-cmputer.1155509/
Relevancy 39.13%

hi all a friend is complaining that this acer hjthis vista plain included. log slow. just notebook is slow so i removed a few things from startup stopped some things running in the background scanned for virus using free avira antivir as far vista just plain slow. hjthis log included. as i can tell all is well but i m no expert so i m hoping someone can check the hijack this log and tell if everything is fine there s also spybot on this notebook vista just plain slow. hjthis log included. but i dont know if its enough this is an acer notebook Gb ram running vista thank you very much Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Acer Empowering Technology eAudio eAudio exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSLoader exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe D Application cleanup HiJackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar Acer eDataSecurity Management - CBE B C- E - e-A DD- DB E - C Windows system eDStoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run PLFSet rundll exe C Windows PLFSet dll PLFDefSetting O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run eAudio quot C Acer Empowering Technology eAudio eAudio exe quot O - HKLM Run eDataSecurity Loader C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exe O - HKLM Run Vic WA C Program Files Vic WA eAPLauncher exe O - HKCU Run Messenger Yahoo quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra conte... Read more

A:vista just plain slow. hjthis log included.

bump...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-just-plain-slow-hjthis-log-included.851560/
Relevancy 39.13%

When I send an email to several individually named recipients, some are able to see an embedded gif and some get it as plain text. Is there something I should change in my settings to avoid this? I am running Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2003. Thank you!!

A:Outlook 2003: HTML to Plain Text

If some are receiving it properly, then the problem is not at your end, the ones who are seeing it as plain text need to change their settings to allow HTML and to show images.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-html-to-plain-text.678098/
Relevancy 38.7%

Im running MS Outlook and recently I changed the setting in the registry ReadPlainText Value and I am still receiving Text Outlook Setting 2002? RECEIVED in Plain messages in HTML Not all but sometimes especially from spammers I DO NOT want to receive messages in HTML in Outlook How could I double check the settings again to make sure of this or Setting RECEIVED Plain Text in Outlook 2002? how could I even test it myself I read an article that you have to do the following to Enable to RECEIVE messages in Plain Text I did the registry value change though But once I download this download ZIP file what do Setting RECEIVED Plain Text in Outlook 2002? I do with it after I extract the ZIp file And where should I save this ZIP file before downloading Here are the instructions that I do not really understand In Outlook you must download the latest service pack and add a setting in the registry Instructions on how to do this is here http support microsoft com default b en-us Ensure you have the latest service pack already installed and you can download and apply this registry patch Outlook PlainTextFix zip bytes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/setting-received-plain-text-in-outlook-2002-a-9155.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Good Morning, I have a issue that I would like to put out there for discussion.... I have a customer with a Windows 7 Home Premium notebook, and he is using Outlook 2003 to read his email. He receives one email a day from the same sender that when read the email is basically in code, with no photos, icons, etc.. and at the top of the email it says "plain text". Now I would assume that the sender for some reason it sending the email in "plain text" but he claims that his old notebook (Dell with XP) and the other users in his office receive the email just fine.

Any Ideas?

David

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410034/outlook-2003-not-reading-a-plain-text-email/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have been having problems with my computer for a while now and I can t figure out what is wrong Plain Background, Etc. White Slow Computer, Errors, with it I m pretty sure that Slow Computer, Plain White Background, Errors, Etc. I have viruses but I can t figure out how to get rid of them I have a McAfee account but it does not seem to work correctly It never shows that there are any viruses on my computer and I honestly think that there is a virus in my McAfee software Portions of the McAfee Security Center are blotched Slow Computer, Plain White Background, Errors, Etc. out in white for example the Update and Scan tabs I can only see half of these tabs I have tried to uninstall and reinstall this software but I still have the same problems with it as before Another problem that I am having is that my computer is always running slow and anytime I have a program running I get a pop up saying quot Program Not Responding quot and I receive the option to quot end now quot or quot cancel quot This happens almost every time I open a program or the internet When i choose the quot end now quot option the program closes and then my background screen turns completely white with no icons A few minutes later the screen returns but the text under my icons are always highlighted in white and underlined I went to the desktop properties to fix it but it is not showing that I have it set to underlined or highlighted I also have a big black block as a cursor rather than a thin black line I have errors that pop up such as quot Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low quot quot Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library Runtime Error Program C PROGRA McAfee MSC msmscsvc exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Please contact the application s support team for more information quot quot RUNDLL EXE This program is not responding quot quot CTFMON EXE Program not responding quot Could someone please help me fix these issues Thank you in advance and any assistance is greatly appreciated

A:Slow Computer, Plain White Background, Errors, Etc.

Can someone please help me?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/168360/slow-computer-plain-white-background-errors-etc/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have set up a mail merge to create personalized emails Within the body plain Hyperlinks text Mail to converted Merge: of each is a personalized link to an online survey When I perform the merge the links are inserted as text and are not clickable as I want them to be Because each link has a unique ID appended to it and is specific to the individual receiving the email I cannot simply place the url in the email before mail merging I am using Office Word to create the email and Excel for the data I m merging My degaul mail program is Outlook I would appreciate any help on this I am stuck Tech Support Guy System Mail Merge: Hyperlinks converted to plain text Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB N Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC CG Rev X x MT Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mail-merge-hyperlinks-converted-to-plain-text.997128/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi,
Randomly, several times per day, I get this popup error message:

"Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close"
(see attached picture of error message)

I hit debug or close. The popup disappears, but appears again later. No pattern.

Q: I have tried several ways to fix this error, except uninstalling/reinistalling windows explorer (explorer.exe). Please advise if I am able to do so without blowing up my PC :(

I have more details on the error message if requested. Thanks for any help.

WTL

A:[SOLVED] Windows Explorer crashes or is just plain corrupt

Following are details on the error message. Also, see attached pics.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 4/4/2008
Time: 3:42:21 PM
User: N/A
Computer: TECRA
Description:
Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.3156, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x07024680.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 65 78 70 ure exp
0018: 6c 6f 72 65 72 2e 65 78 lorer.ex
0020: 65 20 36 2e 30 2e 32 39 e 6.0.29
0028: 30 30 2e 33 31 35 36 20 00.3156
0030: 69 6e 20 75 6e 6b 6e 6f in unkno
0038: 77 6e 20 30 2e 30 2e 30 wn 0.0.0
0040: 2e 30 20 61 74 20 6f 66 .0 at of
0048: 66 73 65 74 20 30 37 30 fset 070
0050: 32 34 36 38 30 0d 0a 24680..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-explorer-crashes-or-is-just-plain-corrupt-237378.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Last night when I was using the power Graphics infected. Somebody please problem, virus plain helps, or just was cut off suddenly And this morning I turned the PC on to find that some black bars had appeared on my desktop It slike the screen is behind a prison bar I thought it was because of viruses at first But then after scanning the pc I restarted the pc and those bars are still there The thing is when i pressed printscreen and intended to paste into MS paint no bars was on the image black bars even when I m posting this thread those bars prevent the eyesight So it s because of my pc viruses or anything else Thanks for your help now have turned into white bars one half white half the background colour of NF s Sasuke skin and one the colour of my wallpaper Then I unplugged the cable from the LCd display to the power and the plugged it in again I turned back to normal and then white bars appeared again Somebody helps pleae nbsp

A:Graphics problem, or just plain virus infected. Somebody helps, please

vananh said:

Last night when I was using the power was cut off suddenly. And this morning, I turned the PC on to find that some black bars had appeared on my desktop. It'slike, the screen is behind a prison bar. I thought it was because of viruses at first. But then after scanning the pc, I restarted the pc and those bars are still there. The thing is, when i pressed printscreen, and intended to paste into MS paint, no bars was on the image. 5 black bars, even when I'm posting this thread, those bars prevent the eyesight.

So, it's because of my pc, viruses or anything else. Thanks for your help.

now 3 have turned into white bars, one half white half the background colour of NF's Sasuke skin, and one the colour of my wallpaper.

Then I unplugged the cable from the LCd display to the power, and the plugged it in again. I turned back to normal and then 5 white bars appeared again Somebody helps, pleae.Click to expand...

Hm... do you have any other monitors to test with? The fact that a direct print screen did not capture the "bars" has led me to believe that your graphics card is fine, but your monitor has suffered some fatal damage.

So, yeah, if you have another monitor, try to use that one. If the bars don't appear, then it's 100% certain that your monitor broke.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-problem-or-just-plain-virus-infected-somebody-helps-please.84162/
Relevancy 38.7%

I was just using my computer and out of nowhere it turned off. There wasn't a power outage. After turning the computer back on Chrome is displaying all websites in plain text (no Java script? It says it's enabled in plug ins section). Everything else with the computer seems to be working fine. I've attached two pictures showing how Facebook is displaying. One with the Java pane open.

A:Chrome displaying plain text after system crash

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/chrome-displaying-plain-text-after-system-crash-792114.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Windows XP
Outlook 2003 (POP3, no exchange server)

I have a user on our network who is experiencing a really long lag time for printing plain text emails, but not for HTML emails. All other applications (Word, IE, etc) are also printing fine. The lag time can be up to several minutes, and he's found that when he does a ctrl alt delete it will prompt the printing window to come up (with the task manager), and then he can print. It's not a debilitating problem, but it's really annoying. I've already tried deleting and recreating the outlprnt file, but to no avail.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
-Leah

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-outlook-printing-for-plain-text-emails.986535/
Relevancy 38.7%

I was plain I passwords hacked? txt files been Accounts Have found in & trolling thru directories and came across plain text files in the Have I been hacked? Accounts & passwords found in plain txt files Program Data directory that had account logins and URLs with my user name and passwords in them The files EM P P and weerrretm exe did not have read write permissions enabled only execute I'm really worried now - Is deleting and changing passwords enough or do I need to do something more Maybe it's to late Directory C ProgramData Mode LastWriteTime Length Name ---- ------------- ------ ---- -a---- PM - - txt -a---- PM - - txt -a---- PM - - txt -a---- PM - - txt -a---- PM - - txt -a---- PM - - txt -a---- PM - - txt -a---- AM -a---- PM EM -a---- PM P -a---- AM -a---- AM P -a---- PM Account log txt -a---- PM Amazon log txt -a---- PM bank log txt -a---- AM weerrretm exe File content example Have I been hacked? Accounts & passwords found in plain txt files -- real info masked My Verizon Online Sign In - Verizon Wireless - Google Chrome lt login name gt lt password gt Login Page - Microsoft Edge lt login name gt Sign in to xxx Online Banking - Google Chrome lt login name gt lt password gt Amazon com Sign In - Google Chrome lt login name gt lt password gt lt old password gt lt old password gt Thanks for the help

A:Have I been hacked? Accounts & passwords found in plain txt files

https://www.reasoncoresecurity.com/weerrretm.exe-ab92592924ebd2b16354629995a0ac4216f5d89b.aspx
My search for "weerrretm.exe" led me to the above URL.  I have no idea whether weWhateverEXE is really a pup or not.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606670/have-i-been-hacked-accounts-passwords-found-in-plain-txt-files/
Relevancy 38.7%

We use ms shareoint at work (accessed from internet explorer 8) and are constantly copying and pasting within Internet Explorer - to and from ms office docs, etc. Formatting of text very often gets dorked up moving between these and takes considerable time to clean up.

Is there a way to do copy and or paste plain text in internet explorer 8? (without having to use notepad as an intermediary) Is there a user level plugin or add-on to do this?

In Firefox (which we are not allowed to use at work) one of the most useful plugins for me is "Copy Plain Text" - I just right click and 'copy as plain text' or 'paste as plain text' - hoping there is something equivalent for IE8 (that is installable without administrator privileges).

Thank you.

A:Copy/Paste plain text in Internet Explorer 8

Hi Eric,

Most (all?) Office apps allow you to use Paste Special|Unformatted text, or something equivalent to achieve what you're after. Is that not suitable for your needs?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/copy-paste-plain-text-in-internet-explorer-8-a-562783.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey All I wondered if anyone could help me understand why we have such a massive and increasing problem with infected documents or more to the point with specially-crafted over-complicating ? we Are plain files, text results disastrous with documents First of all it's becoming a larger problem which means it was a smaller problem previously And I would acknowledge upfront that that's probably a factor in why it hasn't had a more serious treatment But just to put this in perspective let's compare a TXT Are we over-complicating plain text files, with disastrous results ? file an RTF file and one of the files that runs in WORD Can a notepad file be used as a vector for running arbitrary code Can a wordpad file be used as a vector for running arbitrary code Can a WORD file Yes I know that one And let me just say I like the application WORD I've used it a great deal However I only ever use a small fraction of its capabilities and I think many other users are the same Therefore this question also occurs to me What advantage accrues to the majority of WORD users to have all that functionality available to them if it also exposes them to attack vectors In a lot of cases a Rich Text document is perfectly adequate For example let's say that you want to send someone your CV or post it online You could use Wordpad and produce a very nice-looking CV So I wonder if we've become complacent about how we process our essentially plain text documents leaving millions of users exposed to attack vectors uneccesarily

A:Are we over-complicating plain text files, with disastrous results ?

Ease of use is the main reason to user an advanced word processor.  Sure you can create your CV in Wordpad, but it is much easier in Word.

From this video there is "technically" a remote code execution possible in Notepad, but the actual issue was with the Help function.  No one can say if there is a vulnerability for any specific piece of software, we can only say if there is a known vulnerability.  Look at OpenSSL, it had a vulnerability for over two years before the Heartbleed issue was found.

Basically complexity is the enemy of security.  The more complex something is, the more difficult it is to secure.  This is closely followed by Security is not convenient.  The more convenient something is, the more difficult, if not impossible it is to secure.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537574/are-we-over-complicating-plain-text-files-with-disastrous-results/
Relevancy 38.7%

I monitor an email group using Outlook for applcation support here at the office Sometimes when I respond to an email that was sent by another user and also replay to the group server the main group server rejects it and says I am not sending plain text I do have Outlook set to Solved: Outlook Not Text 2000 Plain Sending send pain text Under quot Options quot quot Mail Format quot I have quot plain text quot selected When Solved: Outlook 2000 Not Sending Plain Text this happens it is when I am responding to an email that someone else has sent to the group His email was accepted by the server so it Solved: Outlook 2000 Not Sending Plain Text was obviously quot Plain text quot but something is happening when I reply to it that adds something to convert it from plain text or at least the email server thinks it is no longer plain text This is a private group and not a Yahoo group or such as that Does anyone have a clue as to what might be happening here nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2000-not-sending-plain-text.304650/
Relevancy 38.7%

Quote: Originally Posted by Golden

I think that might be the problem - their ISP, for whatever reason, converts their email to plain text. It also could be that your ISP converts any mail from their ISP to plain text.

Unfortunately, there isn't much/anything that can be done about that.

Regards,
Golden

I have two addreses. One provided by my ISP and the other my web host - which we just switched this past weekend. I have spoken to the latter and asked if there is any setting they se anywhere that could convert HTML to text and naturally the answer was no.

A:Outlook 2010 html appearing as plain text

I'm using Outlook 2010 64bit as my client to my Hotmail account. On my previous computer, I had the same setup only 32 bit Outlook 2010 and it worked fine. On my new build, some but not all, HTML emails are being rendered as plain text. It seems to be more common if the client is running as opposed to starting the client. The emails are not specific to any sender and the weird thing is that I can move those emails that aren't rendering correctly to a temp folder in Outlook, sync with Hotmail, go to the Hotmail web interface and move those emails back to the inbox from the temp folder, resync and they show up rendered as HTML in my Outlook client. That tells me that it isn't the emails themselves. I have found no other way for Outlook to recognize these emails as HTML once they have been opened in the client. Weird no?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/150930-outlook-2010.html
Relevancy 38.7%

folks, for the summer I need to monitor, not necessarily block traffic on my WRT54GL router.
This router is new to me and one feature that is extremely limited is the logging. It only gives addresses in the numerical format [Outgoing log] and does not carry much history, no timestamp, no log-full-send function. My older cheaper netgear did a much better job of this and frankly I miss that function.

I need a logger that will simply record/store/fwd ALL outgoing addresses in their www format [i.e. http://forums.techguy.org/newthread.php"]

Anyone got a recommendation??

Relevancy 38.7%

I have got W now including two W and W s on my home network Different users and passwords on each credentials talk thread.. but junk Yet W10 ! plain network another one and all have a shared folder Yes I set the network config for 'don't ask for passwords' BUT of course I am asked for credentials when trying to access the other computer's shared folders and of course I don't understand I have looked at all the threads on this but I still don't get it Time for plain talk A Is it asking for my credentials on the target computer like remote desktop does I am sure the other users won't give me their user password B Is it asking it asking for my username and password on my computer This computer Like it doesn't know who is logged on to this computer My user and my password Are those credentials passed to the other computers in any way or are they kept safe on here I don't have a Microsoft account do I need one What a mess the whole world is asking this and can't figure it out so I am not alone Can anyone give me really simple short lucid Yet another W10 network credentials junk thread.. but plain talk ! way to network my W s and W s and get past all this credential junk Now here is a laugh my last job included managing a network of work computers If I gave a damn any more I would be embarrassed How can Microsoft release this on the public worldwide I have never been able to make sense of Microsoft's explanations of anything neither has my wife actually and she is a senior IT bod If Joe public can't tell me in plain English then I will never know thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/51093-yet-another-w10-network-credentials-junk-thread-but-plain-talk.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi, I was wondering if it was even possible to simply migrate from a simple SATA boot to a RAID 0 array without having to reinstall the OS. If so, is there a guide I can follow on how to do so? Sorry if this is the wrong place, just tell me where and I'll repost if so. The RAID topic seemed old and this is a bit different so I decided to post another topic.

Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS P5B Deluxe
Processor: Intel Core2Quad Q9650 @ 3.0 GHz
Memory: 4096 MB RAM
Video Card: EVGA GeForce 9800 GT

Relevancy 38.7%

Hi,
I just tried to retrieve the password of a logged-on domain joined user. I used Mimikatz to retrieve the password in plain text. But ATA centre is not detecting this threat.
Is there any problem in my configuration? Am I doing anything wrong?
Please help! 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3d4a55b6-6038-47c7-bff9-78e299fbfe26/mata-centre-not-detecting-plaintext-password-hack?forum=mata
Relevancy 38.7%

When Outlook calendar invitations are sent to certain recipients they receive a plain text email as opposed to an actual iCal file I have been doing my research on this but have yet to find an answer In order to narrow down the problem I did a tightly controlled experiment I have Outlook configured to access email from several different POP servers with all mail being directed to the same PST file The first POP server is on my personal domain - I have a Linux-based invite plain 2010 as recieved calendar text Outlook being VPS where the site is manage The second POP server is a GoDaddy server Sent via my personal domain I created a first event in my Calendar and invited myself personal domain The message in the Sent folder is a proper iCal invitation and the invitation that I received is a proper iCal invitation I then created a second event in my Calendar and invited myself GoDaddy domain The message in the Sent Outlook 2010 calendar invite being recieved as plain text folder is a proper iCal invitation and the invitation that I received is plain text Outlook 2010 calendar invite being recieved as plain text Sent via the Outlook 2010 calendar invite being recieved as plain text GoDaddy domain I created a first event in my Calendar and invited myself personal domain The message in the Sent folder is a proper iCal invitation and the invitation that I received is a proper iCal invitation I then created a second event in my Calendar and invited myself GoDaddy domain The message in the Sent folder is a proper iCal invitation and the invitation that I received is a proper iCal invitation In summary the only instance that failed was when I sent the invite via my personal domain to another domain While my testing is far from exhaustive this should at least provide a strong clue as to what is happening And yes the Options- gt Calendar- gt When sending meeting requests outside of your organization use the iCalendar format box is checked Can anyone suggest what might be going wrong Based on these experiments is it possible that something on my server is configured improperly If so what I did a further test and sent myself an invite via an Exchange server and it showed up properly - thus I suspect even more strongly that the problem is with my server

A:Outlook 2010 calendar invite being recieved as plain text

I left out one, potentially important bit of info: Outbound emails from my server are routed through MandraillApp. Some further testing seems to suggest that MandraillApp is the culprit. Has anyone else seen this behavior? If so, any suggestions for resolving the problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/366448-outlook-2010-calendar-invite-being-recieved-plain-text.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi, i am noob in excel, i made an excel which fetch data from a stock market site which auto refresh at specific time interval, i want to auto export some specific data of excel in text format to my hard disk, i want to import new refreshed data in same file,document without deleting previous data.In my excel, time and date auto updates.
attached the excel, i want to export the data in range of c33,c34 to i 33,34