Windows Support Forum

This is how much Microsoft charges OEMs for Windows 8.1 with Bing

Q: This is how much Microsoft charges OEMs for Windows 8.1 with Bing

Microsoft has yet to reveal how much it plans to charge PC manufacturers (or customers) for Windows 10. In the meantime, however, a new document published on the company's OEM Partner Center site sheds a bit more light on how...

Read more

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: This is how much Microsoft charges OEMs for Windows 8.1 with Bing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: This is how much Microsoft charges OEMs for Windows 8.1 with Bing

"Given this knowledge, it?ll be interesting to see how much Microsoft is planning to charge for Windows 10".

I predict it will somewhere around three figures to the left of the decimal point, and to the right of the EULA.

Maybe we should just hope that it's not an attempt at a subscription only offering.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-is-how-much-microsoft-charges-oems-for-windows-8-1-with-bing.208182/
Relevancy 79.12%

From Neowin
OEMs can no longer purchase licenses for Windows 7 or 8.1

Are you planning on buying a PC that has Windows 7 Professional or 8.1 pre-installed? Well, you'd better act quickly, as Microsoft has stopped selling licenses for the operating systems. The news should not come as a surprise, as the company is following its long-standing end-of-sales dates.

As you can see, as of today, the only Microsoft-developed OS that you can get pre-installed on a new PC is Windows 10. Luckily, Windows Vista, 7, and 8.1 are all still supported, and will continue to be for some time.

The end of extended support for Vista will be in April of next year, and for Windows 7 it will be January, 2020. Windows 8.1 will still be offered mainstream support until 2018, and then extended support won't end until 2023.Click to expand...

A:Microsoft has stopped selling Windows 7 and 8.1 licenses for OEMs

Got to do something about Windows 10 market share and this should do the trick.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/microsoft-has-stopped-selling-windows-7-and-8-1-licenses-for-oems.65056/
Relevancy 69.23%

As you may know that Microsoft is making its own quot Surface quot tablet as well as its own smartphone And it seems their intention is to make everything and Apple's model! OEMs users following End Microsoft & business like notebooks desktops ultrabooks themselves just like Apple does and this has already created tension between MS and the OEMs May be MS completely adopts the Apple model and stop licensing Windows to OEMs and end users I am very worried about this prospect I am primarily a desktop user as well as I use a HP End users & OEMs and Microsoft following Apple's business model! laptop I like to build my own PC as it is cheaper and I have all the freedom to choose the hardware for it But if what I mentioned above really happens I won't be able to do that Its easy to say that I could simply buy the desktop made by Microsoft But that would be very expensive as far as I think And if MS started to build everything I would not be able to buy Windows as well as hardware to assemble my PC as the hardware manufacturers would stop making it for the general market Also I won't be able to buy a cheaper alternative from any OEMs Do you think that all can happen And if that happens what would be the possible alternatives for the end users like me What are your views Kindly inform

A:End users & OEMs and Microsoft following Apple's business model!

We have to establish resistance.....

With AMD dropping the High End market, price of Hard Drive, death of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. II project, and now Windows 8; it's a very bad time for PC builders like US. I like to build high end Water Cooled PCs, but to justified 2, 3 or even 4 High End GPU in a PC , you need to use it for gaming and the way I see it; more and more games companies will drop the PC to turn to consoles, that's the real problem, for peoples who like to build PC. You can't count on games companies to code their product for Linux, it will be too much work for them, they will simply make consoles versions.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/7279-end-users-oems-microsoft-following-apples-business-model.html
Relevancy 62.78%

When a computer technician downloads the Microsoft Security Essentials, which I understand is free, he can, of course, charge for the work he did. However, can he charge for the software and tell me I'll have to renew it at the end of the year for a reduced price? Is this legitimate?

Thank you.

A:Charges for Microsoft Security Essentials

No it is not. The software is free, as are the updates as long as you use genuine Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/320487-charges-microsoft-security-essentials.html
Relevancy 62.35%

For a while now I have not been able to go to any search engine sites google bing yahoo all come up saying quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot so I ran a Spybot S amp or google, microsoft.windows.redirecthosts yahoo use search bing, msn can't D test and it came up Microsoft Windows RedirectedHosts files and Fraud windowsprotectionsuite files I tried to have SB S amp D fix it but it couldn t any suggestions I really need help Here s a log from hijackthisLogfile microsoft.windows.redirecthosts can't use google, bing, yahoo or msn search of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWSSystem smss exeC WINDOWSsystem winlogon exeC WINDOWSsystem microsoft.windows.redirecthosts can't use google, bing, yahoo or msn search services exeC WINDOWSsystem lsass exeC WINDOWSsystem svchost exeC WINDOWSSystem svchost exeC WINDOWSSystem WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWSSystem bcmwltry exeC WINDOWSsystem spoolsv exeC Program FilesBroadcomASFIPMonAsfIpMon exeC WINDOWSsystem svchost exeC PROGRA SPEEDB VideoAcceleratorService exeC WINDOWSExplorer EXEC WINDOWSSystem svchost exeC Program FilesSpeedBit Video AcceleratorVideoAccelerator exeC WINDOWSsystem ctfmon exeC Program FilesIObitAdvanced SystemCare AWC exeC WINDOWSsystem wuauclt exeC PROGRA SPEEDB VideoAcceleratorEngine exeC Program FilesMozilla Firefoxfirefox exeC WINDOWSsystem msiexec exeC Program FileshijackthisTrend MicroHiJackThisHiJackThis exeRemoved improperly posted HJT log

A:microsoft.windows.redirecthosts can't use google, bing, yahoo or msn search

OMFG I FIXED IT!!! AFTER SO FREAKING LONG I FIXED IT!!! I CANT BELIEVE HOW EASY IT WAS!!!!!!! ALL I HAD TO DO WAS DELETE THE GOOGLE THINGS IN HIJACKTHIS!!!! OMG!!!!! as you can see im a little happy!!!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349550/microsoftwindowsredirecthosts-cant-use-google-bing-yahoo-or-msn-search/
Relevancy 61.49%

Losing money is one way to make OEMs and ODMs nervous, and my contacts within some of the world's largest OEMs are telling me that they're far from convinced that Windows 8, or Windows RT -- otherwise known as Windows 8 on ARM -- will be any more successful against the iPad than Android was.

If OEMs aren't committed to Windows, where are they to go? | ZDNet

A:The OEMs and Windows 8

Originally Posted by whs

Losing money is one way to make OEMs and ODMs nervous, and my contacts within some of the world's largest OEMs are telling me that they're far from convinced that Windows 8, or Windows RT -- otherwise known as Windows 8 on ARM -- will be any more successful against the iPad than Android was.

If OEMs aren't committed to Windows, where are they to go? | ZDNet

Hi there
some of your contacts must probably be using out of date data -- OK I see Florida as part of your area probably explains why since the latest smartphones we are using in Europe were out a few months earlier than in that part of the USA.

We in Europe had the Galaxy III s a few months before you -- running on ICS (latest release of Android) it's stolen the market by storm --actually DOES what people want it to do without having to go through ITunes / Apple "App" store etc etc and is proving a HUGE winner for Samsung -- plus it connects via Bog standard USB connectors - takes bog standard micro sdHC cards and has a beautiful clear screen.

The latest offering from HTC is also very good -- both these phones make the Iphone look positively Old Fashioned -- and when was the last time could anybody say that about an Apple product -- whatever the cost and irksome restrictions Apple products did have the "Wow" look.

Android ICS has actually morphed into quite a passable OS -- I expect with Google's resources it will only get better too.

Apple's fortunes won't dramatically change overnight -- but these two "New kids on the Block" should certainly give cause for concern over apple's future direction.

These smart phones obviate the need for a tablet anyway since the screen is large enough for most purposes - but Samsung's next generation of tablets will certainly be an "Ipad Killer" and could probably run Windows 8 as well as Android if required.

Even the Ubiquitous Ipod won't IMO be much longer for this world -- the latest generation of smartphones can have removable 32 GB storage cards where you can store your music and play using software on the phone -- I use Winamp just like on a PC. Battery life on these has improved hugely as well.

Why do I need an Ipod any more -- I can just copy music from my PC - no ITunes or whatever needed - and am good to go. The DAC in these phones (Digital to Analog converter) are very good -- the phones have QUAD processors anyway so plenty of muscle for decent DAC conversion and with a pair of proper Cans (Bose / Sennheiser etc) and ability to play Native FLAC as well as most of the other formats -- no need for Ipods any more.

Check again at Apple's results in 6 months and if you include costs of their idiotic and seemingly endless Court battles with Samsung and HTC the results won't make good new year reading for Apple's shareholders for 2013.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/7875-oems-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm drooling with anticipation to hear what the official comments are from the big OEMs regarding Windows 8 and how it will be affecting their sales of PCs laptops and desktops, and the avalanche of complaints they will have when customers receive their new OEM PCs.

Anyone working for HP, Dell, Lenovo, Acer, Toshiba, ect that can give us insight into how these companies are reacting and gearing up for Windows 8?.

Honestly I wonder if some of the OEMs will simply continue to offer the option of Windows 7 until MS no longer supports it. I have a feeling that we WILL be seeing this angle from the more business oriented OEMs like HP, Lenovo, and Dell.

A:What are the OEMs official stance on how Windows 8 will affect sales?

I don't work for any of them, but I will offer some speculation to the mix. They are pumped and ready. Even LONG before a release of Windows 8 was announced for beta testing and development, Intel, Qualcomm, NVIDIA, and AMD were already building chips just for Windows 8 tablets. It's rumored that by the release of Windows 8 or at least November, there should be at LEAST 30 different tablet offerings running 8. I think Intel will be the main supplier of those chips as well. There is already huge speculation with the Surface tablet, although Acer poshes it. Speaking the business end, HP won't be offering a WinRT tablet and will be sticking with the traditional Windows to please their business partners, they're building tablets for Windows 8. One of their business oriented tablets already has some leaked pictures of it, as does a Dell tablet. Even at the recent PC expo this summer, ASUS, Acer, Samsung and other OEMs showed off their PCs running Windows 8. I would think there is a resounding tone of support and oomph for Windows 8 in the tablet space as well as the tradition PC space.

Although I would LOVE to hear from an insider as well...

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/7932-what-oems-official-stance-how-windows-8-will-affect-sales.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Windows 10 Microsoft Edge opens in Bing.
I would like it to open EVERY TIME using Google.

I went to More Options, Open With, A Specific Page Of Pages shows Custom with Google below that.
I then went to More Options, Settings, Advanced Settings, Search In The Address Bar changed to Google.

Edge still opens in Bing.com

A:Force Microsoft EDGE to open in GOOGLE NOT Bing.

Hello John,

The tutorial below can help show you how to set the startup page for Microsoft Edge to be "a specific page or pages" with a custom google.com.

Microsoft Edge Startup Page - Change in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/42021-force-microsoft-edge-open-google-not-bing.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey - Color me stupid, but is it OK to buy an OEM version of a program? I mean, I know you don't have access to tech support like you do when you buy full retail versions...but as long as the OEM is original (and not a cd-r copy, etc.), I'm not doing anything wrong, right?

I ask this because there are some outlets that have OEM versions of software at some great prices...and I'm all for saving a buck!

A:OK to use OEMs?

Yes its perfectly legal.

I have Win 98 and Win XP both OEM on my two PCs. As you state you usually don't get the tech support, and the software is often in a shrink wrap rather than a shiny box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ok-to-use-oems.207802/
Relevancy 51.6%

All of my browsers will redirect me to a bing search engine. In the search bar it will say "how to get help in windows 10". It does it with any browser that i have defaulted i have ran tons of scans i even have nortons and they have not found anything wrong. Spybot always find something but when i click to fix all the stuff still happens.

plz help here is what is going on.

A:all my web browsers google chrome, Internet explorer and Microsoft edge will redirect me to bing

and i found this cookies to sites i have never been to when i just re setted google chrome

https://malwaretips.com/threads/all-my-web-browsers-google-chrome-internet-explorer-and-microsoft-edge-will-redirect-me-to-bing.53580/
Relevancy 51.6%

I was blocked update Redirect Microsoft Essentials and Security Bing/Yahoo/Google downloading a file and Microsoft Security Essentials popped up with an alert about Bing/Yahoo/Google Redirect and Microsoft Security Essentials update blocked a potential threat When I opened the pop-up I was told there was a Severe threat Trojan and it was recommended to clean the computer to remove the Trojan I allowed the program to remove the file Shortly after I noticed while websurfing I kept being redirected to strange search sites and product sites This only occurs when I am following a link resulting from a search engine query There is no redirect when I copy the address directly into my browser I thought maybe there was another virus so I ran Malwarebytes and after a full system scan there were no reported threats I Bing/Yahoo/Google Redirect and Microsoft Security Essentials update blocked decided to update Microsoft Security Essentials because it originally detected this virus Maybe the Virus Definitions were out of date Anyway I am unable to get the updates because the program keeps giving me an error message that I should check my internet connections and try again I also keep getting Internet Explorer connection issues while web sites are trying to load Some sites are taking forever to load and then fail When I diagnose connection issues the only helpful advise I get is to consult my owners manual In the meanwhile I am able to use numerous other programs that require internet connections and aren t having any problem with them I use a broadband connection and have full signal right now I m not sure if the Redirect problem and the connection updates problem are connected but they did surface at the same time HJT Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exec Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC WINDOWS system VTTimer exeC WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXEC Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Compaq Connections Program Compaq Connections exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Program Files Cricket Cricket Broadband Cricket Broadband exeF Sandie s Stuff Programs eMule emule exeC Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SCServer SCServer exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeF Sandie s Stuff Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bing com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Searc... Read more

A:Bing/Yahoo/Google Redirect and Microsoft Security Essentials update blocked

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.1.Please do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!2.Please reply to this thread, do not start another!3.Please tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.4.Please tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.5.Please try as much as possible not to run anything while executing a fix.If you follow these instructions, everything should go smoothly.Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.I would like to get a better look at your system, please do the following so I can get some more detailed logs.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323424/bingyahoogoogle-redirect-and-microsoft-security-essentials-update-blocked/
Relevancy 51.6%

ok well im bought a new hard drive but i have yet to get anything else i have used the windows 7 upgrade on my previous hard drive already im not sure what to do at this point i was going to buy a windows 7 oem for my new hard drive but i guess you cant use it on more then one pc because it locks to the motherboard or something i really am confused at what i should do right now any ideas?...

also i was looking for any other solution such as buying a full version of xp and installing it on my new hard drive.. but i cant find anything but oems
edit: let me put it this way say i have a brand new hard drive and needed to install a os on a computer thats not newly built could i use anything besides the full retail version of windows 7 which is like 300

A:can win 7 upgrade be used twice? help with oems

http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Vista-Ultima...9625&sr=1-4could this work on a brand new hard drive? i need to know asap..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/286194/can-win-7-upgrade-be-used-twice-help-with-oems/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have purchased and used Oem software on many different occasions including two copies of XP Home Norton System Works until I couldn t opinions Need some on OEMs stand Need some opinions on OEMs it any more Quicken Partition Magic etc and am pretty clear on the concept In each case they worked perfectly validated with no problem came with COAs etc Now I would Need some opinions on OEMs like to buy the latest Nero Deluxe Suite and am quite frankly puzzled by all the sites advertising it for or even free What am I missing here Momma always said that if it sounds too good to be true it probably is I have no interest in purchasing illegal software I have found some fairly legitimate looking sites selling it in the - of retail range which is more what I am accustomed to I ve heard that some of these real cheap ones are just bundled software scavenged from disc drives which will only function with those drives I would appreciate if anyone can shed some light or share an experience or two Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Need some opinions on OEMs

Like your momma said - if it sounds too good to be true - avoid it like the plague.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-some-opinions-on-oems.524292/
Relevancy 50.74%

i bought a compaq with no Vista disk to come with it i was wondering is there a way to dl a disk make it a ISO and put in a key again?? Its a Windows vista home premium OEMact HP can i just use a regular home premium disk? or do i need to find a OEMact for HP, if i havft to find a disk somewhere does someone have a torrent for link to download one?

A:Need to know something about OEMs and factory builds

You can a) burn your own disks from the recovery partition (type REC into the start/search field and go to "Recovery disk creation" - that is the wizard that will guide you) - have 3 DVDs handy, or b) call HP who will usually send a disk for a S&H charge ($20 I last did that). If you tell them that burning from the recovery partition did not work, they may even send you a free one. There are no download options for that.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/260546-need-know-something-about-oems-factory-builds.html
Relevancy 50.31%

So I've been using the Google search engine forever. Since the changing the default search engine in Edge is buried in Advanced Setting and way near the bottom, I didn't do it right away. However, yesterday I came across a post on how to change the default search engine in Edge so I changed it to Google without delay.
But then every search came up with an annoying message box in the upper right-hand corner telling me to install Chrome. After half an hour I had gotten so tired of it, I switched it back to Bing.

A:Switched Default Search Engine in Edge from Bing to Google and Back to Bing after Half an Hour

Originally Posted by mrmobileperformance But then every search came up with an annoying message box in the upper right-hand corner telling me to install Chrome That's because Google detects which browser you are using and then decides that you should be using Chrome. I've seen it happen quite often when you visit google.co.uk etc when using someone else's PC, but isn't there a tickbox to tell it not to display again?
I tried changing Edge to Google, but I don't get any message for some reason?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/edge/415935-switched-default-search-engine-edge-bing-google-back-bing-after-half-hour.html
Relevancy 49.88%

AMD has quietly launched a new range of graphics cards designed for OEMs and system builders that fall under Radeon 300 series branding. Like with the HD 8000 series a couple of years ago, these cards are essentially all rebrands...

Read more

A:AMD launches Radeon 300 series rebrands for OEMs

I really like AMD but they've been disappointing lately

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-radeon-300-series-rebrands-for-oems.212743/
Relevancy 49.02%

Any of you upgrade to IE9 (with enhanced for MSN and Bing) and then try to go to the Discover Bing site?? I am getting this pop-up from MSN saying that I need to upgrade to enhanced IE9 with Bing and MSN. I click YES/OK and it takes me to this page that says I already have the version that is enhanced with MSN and Bing. Why is it doing that?

A:IE9 with Bing -- Discover Bing site not working

Quote: Originally Posted by osu1357

Any of you upgrade to IE9 (with enhanced for MSN and Bing) and then try to go to the Discover Bing site?? I am getting this pop-up from MSN saying that I need to upgrade to enhanced IE9 with Bing and MSN. I click YES/OK and it takes me to this page that says I already have the version that is enhanced with MSN and Bing. Why is it doing that?

It's just a link to download IE9, but he don't know that you already installed IE9. You don't must do attention.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/151350-ie9-bing-discover-bing-site-not-working.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Feel free to move the thread if it's on the wrong section.

So, now when I start my computer, after some minutes I always get this error message:

I don't know where it's coming from. I checked my control panel and I didn't find anything related to bing installed there.

I'd like to know a way to make this message stop appearing. Can someone help me?

A:"Microsoft Bing Service has stopped working" (error)

Look in Programs and Features.

Uninstall items with Bing in the name.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/372571-microsoft-bing-service-has-stopped-working-error.html
Relevancy 44.29%

When I boot up my Win 8 pc it will load up Bing. It will ask me if I want Bing on my homepage, and I always select no. Any ideas on what causes this?

Jim

A:Windows 8 boots to Bing

Welcome to EightForums, Jim.

Did you select a home page in browser internet options after booting?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/19141-windows-8-boots-bing.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello everybody. I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

Will someone--anyone tell me how tell me how to remove "BING" from Win 10 & if I do will it cause any problems?
Thank You,
Bookra

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/60446-bing-removal-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently bought a new laptop that came installed with Windows 10. Everything is working find apart from I can't get Bing to work.
If I attempt to search for anything in Edge or Cortana I just get the 'hmm can't reach this page' error. Attempting to go to www.bing.com (on Edge or IE) just produces an empty screen with a search box in the middle that doesn't do anything. Any other website works OK. I installed the Anniversary Update yesterday but that has made no difference.
I am currently using IE with Google search which is all working fine. But I would like to get Bing to work so that I can use Cortana and Edge.
Thanks in advance.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434240-bing-not-working-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi
The new Windows 8.1 with Bing has some limitations about default search providers and start page and are only available for OEM manufactures. Other than that is there any limitations on Windows 8.1 with Bing or is it the same as Windows
8.1 standard editions?
So far I have not been able to find any limitations myself. 

Thomas | MCP | http://www.techwork.dk

A:Windows 8.1 with Bing limitations?

Hi Thomas,
There is no any limitation between OEM bing search and Retail Edition.
You could take full advantage of it either in OEM Windows 8.1 or Retail Windows 8.1.
For its improvements, you could read this article below:
Bing Smart Search gets smarter in Windows 8.1
http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2014/04/30/bing-smart-search-gets-smarter-in-windows-8-1/

Karen Hu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab8fbeb6-9327-42a7-8b27-0fbc203230bc/windows-81-with-bing-limitations?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi there

I've got one of those stupid little yellow boxes with an ! mark in it that tells me I need to update Windows. Well I really don't want to because it's about Bing which a)I haven't got---praise to the lord!!!! and b( I don't want it, so why do they want me to update something I haven't got?????? So can anyone please help me to get rid of that annoying little yellow update box with the ! mark without having to download this stupid update.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Rob

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433573/windows-bing-updates/
Relevancy 44.29%

My HP Stream 11 crashed, it used windows 8.1 with bing so I as looking all over the web to find it but I couldnt so I had to use the normal windows 8.1 iso that was available on Microsoft which didnt work with my product key that I had because it only works with windos 8.1 with bing so im stuck with using a generic key for the normal version of windows (key that alows you to boot windows but not all settings are available)  and I want to upgrade to windows 10 but the only way I can upgrade is if I activate windows which my product key does not work with the normal version of windows 8.1 and only with the version with bing which from what I hear is only available to manufacturers PLEASE HELP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-do-I-get-back-windows-8-1-with-bing/td-p/5677295
Relevancy 44.29%

Spoiler (Highlight to read)  My HP Stream 11 crashed, it used windows 8.1 with bing so I as looking all over the web to find it but I couldnt so I had to use the normal windows 8.1 iso that was available on Microsoft which didnt work with my product key that I had because it only works with windos 8.1 with bing so im stuck with using a generic key for the normal version of windows (key that alows you to boot windows but not all settings are available)  and I want to upgrade to windows 10 but the only way I can upgrade is if I activate windows which my product key does not work with the normal version of windows 8.1 and only with the version with bing which from what I hear is only available to manufacturers PLEASE HELP.

A:How do I get back windows 8.1 with bing

Hi: You would have to order a set of recovery media from HP for your specific HP Stream product number. The product number can be found on the same sticker as the serial number. Enter the product number in the box at the link below and you should be directed to the support and driver page for your specific model. Select the W8.1 operating system from the drivers section, and the last item on the list should be a link to order recovery media. http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-do-I-get-back-windows-8-1-with-bing/td-p/5677297
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi guys,
need some help.
Well I have a small acer notebook and I had Windows 8.1 with Bing preinstalled (oem) 64 without key (I think it's inside the firmware right?).
Well I've installed windows 10 preview and I did a stupid thing, I remove some files so windows 10 took place of the reset button partition.
So if I try to clean the computer it installs windows 10 preview.
Is there any chance to install 8.1 with bing oem 64?
If so how?
There was italian language inside but I could chose english or other languages.
Is there an iso? (it was "with bing").
I read a good guide in here but the isos were without bing and the guide says (not for people with bing).
... so... help please!
Thanks !

Relevancy 43.43%

(apologize for bad grammar)
hi, im new here.. please help me if you has a solution for my problem,
my laptop is preinstalled with windows 8.1 with bing x64, i upgraded to windows 10 and found much disaster to my laptop, i want to revert back to my windows 8.1 with bing but the revert is cant because i make a clean install of windows 10... the question is where can i find the installation media for Windows 8.1 with Bing x64 and is it detect the oem key automatically after clean installation?

the second question:
my laptop keep freezing even not running any task(suddenly), mostly occur after startup
- make a format many times but same,, memtest passed.

if someone has a solution please help me. Thank You.

my spec:
preinstalled windows 8.1 with bing x64
proc: intel core i3 4030u 1.90Ghz
graphic:nvidia 820m 1gb vram
ram: preinstalled 2gb, added 4gb total 6gb of ram

A:windows 8.1 with bing oem clean install x64

You will NOT find Windows 8.1 BING edition for download anywhere..

Your only option now is to re-install windows 10

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71860-windows-8-1-bing-oem-clean-install-x64.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a Windows 8.1 with Bing laptop that I would like to do a "clean install" of the OS.  Having problems understanding if I can and if yes, where to find iso for it.

Thanks,
Scott

A:clean install of Windows 8.1 with bing

Here is the MS link for the Windows 8.1 .isohttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8Not sure what you mean by 'if you can'?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626734/clean-install-of-windows-81-with-bing/
Relevancy 43.43%

I can't access bing com I first noticed this after upgrading from Windows to Windows 10 Can't bing.com upgrade reach after to Windows I'm running Can't reach bing.com after upgrade to Windows 10 Avast antivirus but same result if off or on Same result if Windows firewall is off or on Same result in trying to access Bing via Google search results come up but Bing pages will not open The error occurs in all browsers EDGE CHROME AND FIREFOX All internet acess is normal except for Bing com that is I can access Google and all other sites and searches without a problem But Bing gives errors CHROME Unable to access the network ERR NETWORK ACCESS DENIED FIREFOX Unable to connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at Bing The site could Can't reach bing.com after upgrade to Windows 10 be temporarily unavailable or too busy Can't reach bing.com after upgrade to Windows 10 Try again in a few moments If you are unable to load any pages check your computer's network connection If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web EDGE Hmm we can't reach this page Try this Make sure you ve got the right URL Bing

A:Can't reach bing.com after upgrade to Windows 10

Can you access any websites with Edge? I can't
trembuzz

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/22809-cant-reach-bing-com-after-upgrade-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 43.43%

It used to work, but not any more. When I click on it, it just goes on and on without an end. Accuweather works fine. I have unistalled and reinstalled it, have gone to system restore, but not successful, Grateful for your help.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro with Media Center, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8125 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.20), 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 587744 MB, Free - 426875 MB; D: Total - 22430 MB, Free - 3260 MB; G: Total - 99 MB, Free - 84 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1449
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated and Enabled

A:Bing weather app not working in Windows 8

Hi js73,
I wish I had an answer for you, but I'm hoping that matching your problem may help us resolve it. I have the same problem.

Here's my version:
It's my father's notebook that I look after, brand new Samsung with a config that's a lot like yours: win8-64, i7, 8GB. Main diff is that it has Nvidia graphics, but similar. Also has a dual monitor (Medion, 23cm)
...And exactly the same problem. The native Bing Weather app just does not work. (Also, the Travel app).
Mostly everything else works fine. (But not some of the Samsung utilities, Flash player, etc)

Symptom: App starts up but just sits there like its trying to get going - never goes anywhere...

OK. My take..and some of the stuff I've done:
- There's another notebook sitting right next to the Samsung, an Asus C2D, older (also Win8-64) - and all apps work fine on it!
- All was working fine on this machine until one of the massive updates about a month ago appeared to wreck everything. I struggled for days with the whole Metro interface not working. Apps would open for a second and then close.
- Tried refreshes AND resets, no go
- Found a good blog that said uninstall and resinstall al the apps that were doing that - I had tried some, but didn't realize I could try it with native apps (was hesitant to do so). But that brought all back - except for 4: News, Weather, Travel and Finance (not that he wants it)
- Tried many app uninstalls and resinstalls. No go
- Then a couple of days ago he saw that there were app updates pending for News and Finance - and they fixed both those apps.
- Weather and Travel still don't work.
You still seeing the problem? I think they will only work when MS sends down an update that fixes some deep seated problem that is causing those apps to crash in this specific environment combination ...whatever it is ... I suspect that MS knows all these problems but is trying to make sure they really fix them before releasing the updates ... hope I'm not being optimistic here!

Overall I'm trying to be a Win8 fan. Love the interface visually, (looks great) and the fact that they tried something radical and new - but I am realizing that they have heaps of problems under the covers. I myself have it running in VMware WS 9 and its great - but I would not put it on my main PC till I am sure I will not lose a) reliability and b) functionality.

Anyway - would be interested in where you are with this problem - and especially when it failed - was the failure update-initiated?

I have a feeling (more intuitive than knowledge based) - that many of the current Win8 problems come from graphics, permissions or timing (or combinations of those).

cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bing-weather-app-not-working-in-windows-8.1083436/
Relevancy 43.43%

In windows 8, has anyone noticed either of the 2 programs popping up as optional updates, after they have been hidden.

This a has happened to me a couple of times.

Henry

A:bing and/or bing desktop

Hello Henry,

Whenever a new version of Bing is released, you will see it appear again in Windows Update again since it's technically a new and separate update than the one you hidden.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/31327-bing-bing-desktop.html
Relevancy 43%

When I click on maps on my bing bar, and type in location that I want to view directions and the map for, all I get to view is the typewritten directions on the right of the screen and no map on the right. How do I make bing maps reappear?

A:How to make Bing maps show in Windows XP

This is not the reply you want but use Google Maps instead

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/how-to-make-bing-maps-show-in-windows-xp/203243.html
Relevancy 43%

Ok I know a few things I want to do I just don't know how to do them Ok so first off I had just reset the laptop last night so there's not a whole lot on it rite now So here's whats going on I own a blue colored laptop so I wanted to go for some blue in laptop customizing my windows 8.1 Needing bing some help the Needing some help customizing my windows 8.1 bing laptop background wallpaper so I now have a butterfly wallpaper and some icons for the desktop that are hologram icons from iconarchive and they look really good so far I also downloaded some thing called rocket dock So currently rocket dock is centered on the top of the screen and the taskbar is on the bottom of the screen Pretty much the same programs are on the taskbar and the dock station I want to hide the taskbar if at all possible I would also like to be able to change a few other icons but not just program icons I also mean things like folder icons Which are pretty cool in the hologram icons set Sorry if the image dose not show to well I just print and paste in paint I want to hide the taskbar since the dock has everything I need anyway Next I want to change these folder icons I also want to change the icon for file type as well The ones for like mp and mp and jpeg and a few others Can someone help me out with this or point me in the correct direction

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/75885-needing-some-help-customizing-my-windows-8-1-bing-laptop.html
Relevancy 43%

I have this tablet that keeps comming out of standby when it sleeps. The event logs show it keeps doing it over and over again throughout the night just sitting there. It even happens with no user logged on!

If this means anything...

Event 507, Kernel Power
The system is exiting connected standby
Reason: User Input.

A:Windows 8.1 with Bing tablet keeps exiting standby

try putting it in airplane mode when not in use for any period of time. user input could mean auto email checks, app notifications, app updates etc. all of that still happens when the tablet is not being used.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-1-with-bing-tablet-keeps-exiting-standby-944386.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 8 (Version ?) that has apps for Sports and Weather. In the past, we've clicked those to go to more info on Sports and Weather. I think it goes thru Bing. Now we click on those and the go to the first page and then just sits there--we can't access anything else. Any ideas?

A:Windows 8, apps for Weather and Sports thru Bing

Use the App Troubleshooter. Go to: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Go to line 2 where APP TROUBLESHOOTER is in blue print and click on the link. It worked for me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-apps-for-weather-and-sports-thru-bing.1122080/
Relevancy 43%

HiI m running Windows Ultimate with Avast Free Antivirus which has reported nothing Lately I m being re-directed to seemingly random sites when clicking on google or bing search results This doesn t happen quickly or right after the browser infection Windows Redirect Bing & Google on 7 s opened but kind of gradually until every link is redirected One of them was searchfindsite com and a search for that led me here Besides being redirected away from google links these random sites seem to pop up on their own from time to time without any interaction from me I use Firefox mostly but it happens in IE as well My first thought was my hosts file but it s unaltered I have run MBAM but it didn t find anything I tried to run SAS in safe mode as suggested in many posts but it kept stalling after about an hour Here are my DDS and Google & Bing Redirect infection on Windows 7 GMER logs In GMER I left Sections and IAT EAT unchecked as per instructions but had to also uncheck devices as GMER stopped working and a re-run cause a BSOD on consecutive trys I ran across conflicting information on whether to attach the attach txt from DDS or not so please let me know if you need it Thanks for any help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Keith at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system svchost exe -k HsfXAudioServiceC Program Files LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect CommandService exeC Windows system lxducoms exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Lexmark - Series lxdumon exeC Program Files LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect Monitor exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exeC Program Files Lexmark - Series lxduMsdMon exeC Windows System StikyNot exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons Com QLBEx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files ReGet Software ReGet Deluxe ReGetDx exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Users Keith Desktop dds scrC Windows system conhost exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO ClickCatcher MSIE handler - e - d - - - c program files common files reget shared Catcher dllBHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Lexmark Printable Web d c e -be d- cc- f -e f - c program files lexmark printable web bho dllTB ReGet Bar a - e - e- d a- dd f - c program files reget software reget deluxe IEBar dlluRun RESTART STICKY NOTES c windows system StikyNot exemRun Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHAL... Read more

A:Google & Bing Redirect infection on Windows 7

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEnetsvcsmsconfigsafebootminimalsafebootnetworkactivexdrivers32%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /sPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296561/google-bing-redirect-infection-on-windows-7/
Relevancy 43%

I have dell 20-3043 with bundled Windows 8.1 with bing single language.
I ahd to format PC due to some problem. Kindly provide me the ISO for re-installation.

A:Need Windows 8.1 Single Language with Bing ISO for DELL

That "Free" OEM Only Edition .iso is not available for download. You can use a Windows 10 RS1 .iso instead which will accept your Windows 8.1 Bing Edition UEFI BIOS SLP key. See here for details:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19994508
Relevancy 43%

I'm using google as my home page. I'm able to search just fine in google. But if I search from the address bar it always reverts to Bing. I turned off Bing through the settings but that doesn't seem to get rid of Bing for searching from the address bar. The only way I've found around this is to open up a new google search each time, which is time consuming. I'd like to be able to open google once and then continue searching from the address bar.

A:Disabling Bing in Windows 8.1 for address bar searches

Hello CritterCreek, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Disabling both the search suggestions and top result search options for Bing using the same steps in OPTION ONE of the tutorial below should stop this for you.

Internet Explorer Search Suggestions - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/37726-disabling-bing-windows-8-1-address-bar-searches.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi, I am looking to buy a laptop here in Germany where I live, but as an 'auslander' (i.e foreigner), my native language is English, so I'm wondering if its possible to change the user language to English on the low-end laptops equipped with 'Windows 8.1 with Bing.'

From what I have read online, there are supposedly no handicaps or limitations for the end user for the Bing-version Windows, however, I have noted from this article that the "About Windows" screen cap states something to the effect of it being a 'single language.'

Does this mean that I cannot switch to everything being in English with this version of Win 8.1, or is it still possible to add a language pack?

Thank you!

A:Adding Language Pack to 'Windows 8.1 with Bing'

Hi Gb33, welcome to the Eight Forums.

Myself an ex-pat living in Germany I know how important but sometimes difficult it is to find a computer here with pre-installed OS in any other language than German. Luckily Windows 8 made this a bit easier due language packs being available in all editions except single language edition.

Windows 8.1 with Bing is available in four different versions. One of them, Windows 8.1 with Bing China we can forget . Remains Windows 8.1 with Bing Single Language, Win 8.1 with Bing N and normal Windows 8.1 with Bing. You can use language packs (change display language from German to any language) in both N and normal versions, the Single Language can only be used in its original language.

Short: ask the store, check what version of Windows 8.1 with Bing the laptop has. Version N comes without Windows Media Player and other media features but these can be easily added by yourself with no cost (Download Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 8.1 from Official Microsoft Download Center). You can use language packs in version N to change your display language. Windows 8.1 with Bing normal version has all media features and can also use language packs.

Be careful, check that you will not get a German Single Language version.

Kari

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/55343-adding-language-pack-windows-8-1-bing.html
Relevancy 43%

My Dell XPS battery charges only to 99%. Technical support said this is a "normal" occurrence if you have "adaptive" charging on in the BIOS. They asked me to update the BIOS and then change it to "custom" charging. The battery now charges to 100%.
Is this normal behaviour or just a messy "fix"? I just want to confirm if this is a papered over fault, because I suspect that it is. Personally I am not too pleased with having to call Dell technical support on the day I opened my new laptop!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988431
Relevancy 43%

Not sure which category this question should be in but I've been installing my OS's for installation? OS Charges for years Someone at my former job had asked me to reinstall the OS on machines one is her work PC and the other is her home PC Both running XP Pro Charges for OS installation? on Dell machines I should've done my homework before so I knew what a reasonable price was I already did the home PC yesterday She asked me what I was charging and stupidly since I didn't have any idea said quot what do you think it's worth quot She said and after about sec of silence from Charges for OS installation? me she followed with quot it's not like your digging ditches quot I was a bit offended by the comment - sounded like I would've made more if I just dug a hole in the ground Granted you don't have to be a rocket scientist to install an OS it take some thought to install it correctly and then configure it to run smoothly and it takes a long time to install everything When I first booted up her PC that she tried installing herself beforehand there were actually installations of Windows and one ended up on the D partition Once you got into one that worked all kinds of quot missing this and that dll or something else message would be the first thing that appeared To top it off she must've checked something incorrectly when she ordered her machine as she was running a RAID array Something I don't think she would've wanted or needed Anyway I wrote it off as a favor to a colleague for the time it took hours with all the updates and installation of everything else she needed and the small amount of cash I even backed it up as a system image so if it ever goes haywire in the future she can get back to a new clean install with the image restore I'm supposed to stop back in to do the work PC I mentioned that since it was work related and company money that the fee could be more - I think she thought I was joking anyway that's my story just looking for the going rate to reinstall an OS and everything else programs printers networking etc or is the more than what I should've been given as an aside back in the mid- 's we had a MAC tech that would come in to do the MACs he was charging hr for tech support knowing that is probably why I was a bit offended he would come in and fix whatever and if he ran long like having to reinstall or something he would give us a break and take out the quot sit around and wait quot time from his bill

A:Charges for OS installation?

This can only be answered very broadly. To install and configure an o/s usually takes around 2 hours (if all runs well) and I usually charge around AU$120.00 for this service. I went the route you did first time around and applied "mates rates" until I found that I, all of a sudden, acquired a lot of "mates"! Now I charge the same for everyone regardless of who they are - saves a lot of agro and the client knows what the bill will be. Don't fall for the "I can't afford it" line - if they really can't afford it then they don't get the job done. Most can (at my rates anyway) and will fork out the $$$$'s to get their machine back in running order.

In your case, if a client made comments like "it's not like your digging ditches..." then the price would rise by 50%! People don't take into account that whilst you are waiting for the software to install (and maybe having coffee while it does) it's YOUR time you're using up and, as such, should be billed to the client. The installer may well be doing the work but you MUST be there while it does.

I found that it was worth educating the clients that every time they called you out or came to you with a problem they would be charged for the time, at a minimum rate like AU$50.00, even if the "repair" is something as simple as the speakers plugged into the wrong jack and takes you 30 seconds to fix - you still had to (possibly) travel to the client and diagnose the problem. They, in turn, must be made to pay for your expertise.

One final thought - I usually charge a quoted rate (so the client knows exactly what they are up for). Most times I come out in front but occasionally have to take a loss - works well for me.

**** Hops of soapbox ****

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/charges-for-os-installation-401865.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi,
About 1 year ago i bought UPS ( Discovery ), it has three outputs ( 220v - 3.6A ) and the input is 220-240v - 6A max.
Anyway, i have my PC, screen, router and surround system connected to it. AT first, when electricity goes down, the UPS used to give me around 5 mins of electricity which is more than enough to save work and turn off PC, but about 2 months ago it stopped charging for some reason, and now when electricity goes down, the UPS immediately shut down. I disconnected everything from it and let it charge for more than 48 hours but it didn't work.

What would be the problem ?

Thanx.....

A:UPS no longer charges

We have about 100 or more APC's here 110v and the batteries normally sound an alarm when they go bad (anywhere from 1 to 2 Years). Our server batteries last considerably longer and of course are more expensive.
Does the Discovery have that ability?
battery replacements run from $30 to 70 depending on size.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ups-no-longer-charges.154196/
Relevancy 43%

Hey everybody, I've been troubleshooting this Toshiba Satellite (A215-S7462) laptop last couple of days and I can't seem to solve the problem. The battery on the system for whatever reason will NOT charge while the system is on and in windows. It charges fine while the computer is off. But while on it says "plugged in, charging" yet the battery only depletes.

It was originally running windows vista, but is now running W7-64bit. I've installed all the latest drivers, bios updates, etc. I've also disassembled and cleaned out the entire laptop, and re-applied thermal paste on the CPU. (I originally thought it was a overheating issue.) I'm not too sure where to go from here so any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

A:Toshiba charges while off, but not on

Any ideas? AC adapter? MB issue? Connectors? Battery? Windows power settings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-charges-while-off-but-not-on.175573/
Relevancy 43%

Hello everybody,my problem: Lenovo Y700 15 ISK with Windows 10 x64 charges the battery only to 95%. The bar at the bottom always shows "95% plugged in, charging?. I have no battery settings (maintenance mode etc.) activated, especially because I have no software to do so. As far as I know there is no such settings in Windows 10. I just bought it. Have immediately (without looking whether it loads to 95%) formatted the SSD and Installed Windows 10 and Drivers from http://support.lenovo.com/de/de/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-y-series-laptops/y700-15isk?qu...I installed only the Drivers and Lenovo Utility + Lenovo System Interface Foundation (which have no interface). I also tried to install Lenovo Companion and Lenovo settings and change battery settings such as conservation mode, etc. While it change the indicator from "charging" to "not charging" and back it still does not move over 95%. Does anyone have any advice for me? Should I return it?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Battery-charges-only-to-95/td-p/3434698
Relevancy 43%

it shows that charger is connected but doesnot gains charge but sometimes it does

A:my wp lumia 532 charges sometime and sometime not

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question it shows that charger is connected but doesnot gains charge but sometimes it does Defective usb plug or charger. Try with a usb cable just for checking , so you'll know the answer

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437851-my-wp-lumia-532-charges-sometime-sometime-not.html
Relevancy 43%

I recently had some fraudulant charges go through my paypal account and am afraid I'm infected with something I've also noticed my computer going significantly slower than usual since around the time I noticed the charges After running DDS I was only given one DDS txt file and no attach txt file I did check the checkmark for attach before starting and I ran the program multiple times to make sure DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by Administrator at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security Disabled Outdated B - - A-A C -A A C BDA SP Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security Disabled Outdated C C-A F- D - F - ABC SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system Fraudulent charges atiesrxx exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Fraudulent charges Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreServiceShell exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files ASUS EPU- Engine FourEngine exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Fraudulent charges Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiWatchDog exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreFrameworkHost exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP AMSP LogServer exe C Program Files Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe C Windows system lxdxcoms exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k regsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uSearch Page www bing com mStart Page about blank mSearch Page www bing com BHO MSS Identifier E A AD- D - EB- D D- EF A - c program files mcafee security scan McAfeeMSS IE dll BHO Tm... Read more

A:Fraudulent charges

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/531199 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531199/fraudulent-charges/
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

I have been running my laptop off the charger for a few months now (the laptop does hold some charge when running off the battery, but only 30 mins tops before the battery is empty - need a new one).

Today I turned the laptop on with the charger plugged in but the laptop wasn't charging and running off the battery. On the original charger, it neither charges (light comes on) when its off or on.

So I bought a new charger but again the laptop doesn't charge when on. When the laptops off with the new charger plugged in the port lights up (I'm assuming its charging) but when I turn the laptop on, the light goes off and the laptop runs off the battery.

Is this because the battery is knackered and needs a new one? Or could this be something else?

Thanks for any help.

A:Laptop charges when off but not when on

Yeah it sounds like you may need a new battery. My brother just had a similar problem with his laptop. It would not charge at all when on or off. They switched out the charger, that didn't work. Then they switched the connector that was in the laptop, that didn't work. Turns out it was the battery, doh!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/230201-laptop-charges-when-off-but-not-when.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi There My setup I have a windows with Bing tablet I am hoping to install these into taxi's and utilize for advertising The charger will be connected to the ignition will be on charge and will hopefully go into sleep mode when ignition is off ie no charge Then when car starts the unit will power/sleep tablet Windows mode Bing boot up again being on charge again I am therefore trying to make the tablet sleep after ignition Windows Bing tablet power/sleep mode is turned off unfortunately there isn't an auto power ON function in the bios otherwise i Windows Bing tablet power/sleep mode would set that So my plan is to try and make the tablet sleep when car turns off and then wake up when the car starts i e starts charging Q I know about the power settings but feeling very limited with them I cant seem to send the tablet into sleep mode when i have a video running and after the car has turned off - If video isnt playing then the tablet will sleep Is there anything i am doing wrong can i force the tablet to sleep no matter what apps windows are open Q When power is restored how can i get the tablet to boot up and open continue playing the video Q If i use sleep mode i cant put the tablet into sleep when a video is playing If i can execute this then i can use a task schedule to start up tablet from sleep Any ideas or additional software platforms would be appreciated Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7789057e-5665-44ed-bb19-90258ba710d5/windows-bing-tablet-powersleep-mode?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 42.57%

I create SEO accounts for my clients to setup their web tools and their bing business listing. The client sent me their card with their address verification PIN and when I went to log in I got an "account Suspended". The screen only gives me
a phone number to text to. I think the client changed the number I had used to their office number which is a voice line. The screen wont give me a choice and it wont take any of the numbers I thought I used

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6fd84aaf-d99e-4dba-a5e9-753a1edba470/bing-wmt-business-places-windows-live-log-im-suspended?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 42.57%

I ran Windows 7 Reimage, because there were some programs missing parts. After I was finished, I discovered, it had installed Bing and MSN toolbar, which are optional updates that I never installed, this program. How can I remove them, can't find them, they will not let me use google as my homepage.
Jim

A:Windows 7 Reimage installed Bing and MSN Toolbar, Now I can't use google

My first question is...exactly what did you run...I find nothing listed for "Windows 7 Reimage" so it seems that you tried to restore an image from a backup program.

As for MSN and Bing...both of those items should be reflected as browser add-ons and (possibly) Programs/Features.

http://askleo.com/how_do_i_get_rid_of_bing/

http://www.ehow.com/how_6750377_uninstall-msn-tool-bar.html

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543481/windows-7-reimage-installed-bing-and-msn-toolbar-now-i-cant-use-google/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have downloaded the Bing Bar four times and uninstalled it four times because after it downloads there is nothing but blank space where the toolbar should be. I really want to use it so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz, x64 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 757 Mb
Graphics Card: Radeon X1300/X1550 Series , 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 147291 MB, Free - 89268 MB; D: Total - 9773 MB, Free - 1883 MB;
Motherboard: Intel Corporation, DP965LV, AAD59511-500, AZLV706000KQ
Antivirus: Norton Security Suite, Updated and Enabled

A:Bing Bar Does Not Show Icons or Windows Live Sign-In

Hi,
Until more experienced help comes along, you can take a look at this:

http://help.live.com/Help.aspx?mark...query=MSN_Content_Bar_TROU_CantSeeToolbar.htm

Also take a look of the same question on a previous post:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/950251-solved-bing-bar.html
Good luck
Ray

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bing-bar-does-not-show-icons-or-windows-live-sign-in.977834/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello everyone Hope someone will help me solve this mystery So repeatedly in and permanently results spamming windows bing help 10] [Get I'm having a problem with my pc HP [Get help in windows 10] bing results spamming repeatedly and permanently Notebook recently bought and upgraded to Windows lately So the problem is different depending on whether or not wifi is turned on I'll explain when wifi is turned on Google Chrome just opens by itself and opens a tab at the following address https www bing com search q como obtenho ajuda no windows amp filters guid e b ecd- e- - d - a ed d fc lang pt-pt amp form S It's basically the bing search results page for the search get help in windows And then another identical tab will open then another over and over and over and over again If I close Google Chrome it opens again by itself and starts opening multiple identical tabs again It will do this until the machine crashes The only way to stop it is by turning wifi off BUT With wifi off it's another problem The Windows Get Started guide opens on the page GET CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET I close it opens again over and over again If I click another window it quickly reverts back on and on in a loop The computer really can't be used both ways Please Help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625492/get-help-in-windows-10-bing-results-spamming-repeatedly-and-permanently/
Relevancy 42.57%

A few days ago the system froze and it would not reboot I used a Windows XP Media Center Edition Reinstallation CD to repair Windows I upgraded to SP get and from redirected Windows Google/Bing Update Cannot access and IE I have Cannot access Windows Update and get redirected from Google/Bing not been able to access Windows Update and Automatic Updates seem to be failing I see message quot svchost exe Application Error The instruction at quot x c quot reference memory at quot x quot The memory could not be quot read quot quot While searching for a solution I noticed that Google links were being redirected I ran Spybot and don't seem to be redirected out of Google but do out of Bing don't understand that Still can't update Windows Once in a while I get message quot Generic Host Process for Win problem closed quot and sometimes audio doesn't work I ran dds exe with no problem and I'm including output GMER exe did not work using either method described in quot First Steps quot Every time I ran it it either rebooted the system or got blue screen with quot STOP d Unknown Hard Error quot or one time got quot ufrdapow sys PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA STOP x quot I hope what I can provide helps somehow I would greatly appreciate your help It won't send the dds data Is there a limit on post length I get the quot can't display this page quot message when I try OK I'm sending this from another computer since I can't do it from the broken one dds txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Enrique Otero at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Personal Firewall disabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files TrueCredit Messenger TCMTray exe C Program Files NetRatingsNetSight NetSight NielsenOnline exe C PROGRA VIRTUA CitiVAN exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files LIUtilities SpeedUpMyPC SpeedUpMyPC exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files NetRatingsNetSight NetSight NielsenOnline exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM OBroker exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files AGI core AGCoreService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS ehome ehSched exe C WINDOWS System inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VSdotNET Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files MySQL MySQL Server bin mysqld exe c oraclexe app oracle product server bin ORACLE EXE C oraclexe app oracle product server BIN tnslsnr exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS ehome ehmsas exe C Documents and Settings Enrique Otero Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp bigcharts marketwatch com Default asp refresh on uSearch Page about blank uDefault Page URL hxxp www dell me com myway uSearch Bar mSearch Bar about blank uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www dell com uSearchURL Default about blank BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO agcore AGUtils bc e fa- ef- - c- a c a - mscoree dll BHO Virtual Account Numbers Helper - - - d -b da c... Read more

A:Cannot access Windows Update and get redirected from Google/Bing

Hi

Please do the following:

Please download Rootkit Unhooker and save it on your desktop.Disable your security programs
Double click RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it
Click the Report tab, then click Scan
Check Drivers and Stealth Code,
Uncheck the rest, then click OK
When prompted to Select Disks for Scan, make sure C:\ is checked and click OK
Wait till the scanner has finished then go File > Save Report
Save the report somewhere you can find it. Click Close
Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in your next reply.
Note - You may get this warning, it is ok, just ignore it:"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!
It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/cannot-access-windows-update-and-get-redirected-from-google-bing-515829.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I Guess it would be great if Bing Desktop was available for Windows Consumer Preview n the up-coming Versions of Windows.. Wt Do u Think?? What's Your Opinion?

Shon John Xander

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/6183-windows-consumer-preview-bing-talk-room.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Quote:
The first release of a themepack for Windows 7 RTM containing wallpapers that were featured as the background images of the Bing search/decision engine proved so popular that Microsoft has put together a second package. Bing's Best 2 is currently available for download from the Windows Personalization Gallery. As it was the case with the first release, Bing?s Best 2 is a theme designed to integrate exclusively with the latest iteration of the Windows client.

All that Windows 7 users need to do is grab either Bing's Best 1 or Bing's Best 2 from the links at the bottom of this article. Once the downloads are complete, the themepack files can be run locally, and will configure the operating system in accordance with the settings and wallpapers included in the release.

Source -
Download New Free Windows 7 Bing?s Best Theme Release - Available from Microsoft - Softpedia

A:Download New Free Windows 7 Bing’s Best Theme Release.

Thanks JMH .

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/77169-download-new-free-windows-7-bing-s-best-theme-release.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a HP amd a laptop - approximately months old Over the past months I have noticed that it is not charging when plugged in I used to be able to fully charge it unplug it and work for hours plus before having to recharge it I would then plug it back in to top charges when HP battery only lid is closed up the power months ago I HP battery only charges when lid is closed noticed when I was doing this it was no longer topping up the power In fact the red light which HP battery only charges when lid is closed normally stays on when charging would only flash once - and nbsp then go white and stay white draining nbsp the remaining power very quickly I have tried other charges but to no avail The laptop battery will charge when the laptop is off lid closed and in sleep mode The battery port does feel a little loose but I don't think this is the problem as when I take the battery out and plug the main power in the laptop will power up nbsp Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp Clary

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-battery-only-charges-when-lid-is-closed/td-p/5731733
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all nbsp My laptop is new i've had it for just about a month now There's usually an orange charging light on the side of the laptop that illuminates when the charger is plugged in However recently whenever only off when laptop charges is battery my laptop is on and i try to charge it the orange light battery only charges when laptop is off illuminates for a matter of seconds and comes up with the message plugged in but not charging and then the light just turns white and the laptop continually runs as if nothing is plugged in However when the laptop is turned off the orange light will iluminate and will nbsp charge to The charger is completely fine as it appears to charge the laptop when it is off I have even purchased a new charger and that has made no difference It appears as though it's some type of settings problem but i have checked settings and nothing seems to be different Any help would be appreciated as i'd hate to have to keep switching of my laptop just so that it will charge

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/battery-only-charges-when-laptop-is-off/td-p/5819390
Relevancy 42.57%

My husband lives in TN with his girlfriend I simply called her only twice in two months about my daughter s dental health I only emailed her twice in two months about her Help Harassment False Charges Need - dental health also The police department in TN called me yesterday stating my husbands girlfriend had went in there with a handful of emails and text messages from me I didn t even know you could text with your email until I called the hotmail service today I never text her ever I only sent her two emails also She has been getting into my hotmail account sending herself false text messages and emails I know she has because like I said before I called her twice and only emailed Need Help - False Harassment Charges her twice and never texted her I need some proof for when I go to court I need proof of her logging into my hotmail account from her computer in TN I somehow need to get where it shows her IP address going into my account I don t know much about computers and I did call around today I called cingular hotmail and I called a lot of computer places None could Need Help - False Harassment Charges help me My husband called me today cursing at me and calling me a stalker which I am not I just need help to prove that those emails and text messages that she Need Help - False Harassment Charges has came from her IP address on her laptop Can somebody please help me I m desperate and am begging you all This is just making me sick to my stomach and I cannot sleep at night Once again please someone help me Thanks Charolette nbsp

A:Need Help - False Harassment Charges

I would suggest you seek legal advice. I'm sorry but we can't help you with this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-false-harassment-charges.594221/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi

We are planning to use XFIRE and Cairngorm/PureMVc in our project.From the sites we understood that these are open source frameworks.Do we get any issues regarding license or any charges if we use XFIRE for deployment in production environment.

Thanks,
Aparajitha.

A:Xfire License charges

My apologies if I'm off the mark on this, but this is the way I understand it.

Even Open Source products can present licensing issues if you're in a business environment. If the software packages are protected in some fashion, they will almost always contain an End License User Agreement (EULA.) You will likely find the EULA when you install the product. Print and/or read it and see what it says regarding businesses.

If a product does not contain a EULA, the website you obtain the product from should contain the information you are looking for.

If none of the above are true, the issuers of the code are apparently not worried about it and I would use it without issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xfire-license-charges-302925.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm wanting a docking station for my HP Envy laptop that will charge my laptop as well. Is there such a device? I recently purchase a Targus USB dock and it doesn't reconginise my monitor nor does it charge my laptop so I still have to take my charger in and out as well as my monitor. Very annoying. Doesn anyone have any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Docking-Station-that-charges-as-well/td-p/5770909
Relevancy 42.57%

I recently purchased a Latitude e6430u and noticed that the charging percentage never increased above 71%.  I assumed that I needed a new battery so a bought both a new battery and charger, just to make sure I covered all bases.  The new battery never charges past 24% so I re-installed Windows 7 Pro and updated all of the drivers from the Dell web site, very nice driver update system you have, by the way.  The update also include new BIOs, very nice.  None of this had any affect on the problem.  When I first power up the computer, the battery icon on the screen indicates that I am plugged in and charging and the image of the battery shows advancing bars for about 45 seconds and then they freeze.  I'm beginning to suspect a hardware problem.  Any ideas?

Dave

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984320
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi everyone.

My laptop is giving me issues. About 3 days ago it started to only charge to 84% while plugged in. So last night I went to sleep and left it plugged in while the laptop was off. I woke up and it is still only charged to 84%.

It's a gateway and it's only 6 months old. The last laptop I had was an Acer and it never did this once in 3 years. Is the battery defective or could this be something else?

Any help is appreciated. thanks

Relevancy 42.57%

Hey There.
I have a problem with my laptop. It started off working fine but recently I started having trouble.
When I plug in the charger, it charges fine but then after 2 minutes the charging led goes off then on then off then on for 4 seconds, as if im taking off the charger, and putting it back on. Then after those 4 seconds or so are up, it starts charging normally again.. then does it a few mins/seconds later.
What is wrong? can it be a driver issue?
Due to this, it never reaches 100% only 10%
I know for sure its not the ac or battery.

Relevancy 42.57%

Got an email from my bank telling they see fraud activity on my card and they were correct both iTunes and amazon account has use to purchase gift cards 100 in iTunes 1500 on amazon got my money back but now no bank card I change all my passwords email account and iTunes/amazon can someone please look at my hijackthis log for me

Thank you

A:strange bank charges

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458207/strange-bank-charges/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all nbsp My laptop charges battery off when only is laptop is new i've had it for just about a month now There's usually an orange charging light on the side of the laptop that illuminates when the charger is plugged in However recently whenever my laptop is on and i try to charge it the orange light illuminates for a matter of seconds and comes up with the message plugged in but not charging and then the light just turns white and the laptop continually runs as if nothing is plugged in However when the battery only charges when laptop is off laptop is turned off the orange light will iluminate and will nbsp charge to battery only charges when laptop is off The charger is completely fine as it appears to charge the laptop when it is off I have even purchased a new charger and that has made no difference It appears as though it's some type of settings problem but i have checked settings and nothing seems to be different Any help would be appreciated as i'd hate to have to keep switching of my laptop just so that it will charge

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/battery-only-charges-when-laptop-is-off/td-p/5819389
Relevancy 42.57%

I apologize if this question was already asked,but I couldn't find anything with my specific issue. My laptop occasionally charges while on, but for the most part will show X% available(plugged in,not charging). When I put the laptop to sleep however, it charges fully in about a hour and a half(I only know because the orange charge indicator turns blue when charged). I had a problem earlier in the year when the laptop didn't charge at all, to which acer diagnosed as a charger port issue. However, when the laptop was sent in, all they did was change the battery. I went to a local shop that tested out the original chargers voltage, and they gave me the new charger I'm using now.Is there anything I can do about this issue without a warranty?Fee lfree to ask me anything about either charger.  

A:My aspire R3-471 rarely charges while it's on.

When I had that problem on R3-471, I looked for the little pinhole on the bottom. I carefully followed steps in link below (because I didn't know what else to try).   Anyway, it fixed it. http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26240/~/how-to-reset-the-battery-on-your-ultrabook

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/My-aspire-R3-471-rarely-charges-while-it-s-on/td-p/436635/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey there,My laptop only turns on if the battery is charged in another laptop then put into mine, then while turned on it will continue to charge the battery and work normally.But it will not turn on with just the charger plugged in OR with a flat battery, it will also not charge the battery if it is turned off.Worst of all if the laptop is turned off for more than 5 minutes then the battery instantly goes flat.So I again must charge it in a different laptop to be able to turn mine on.It's not the battery nor the charger as I have tried my friends of each which work perfectly fine in his laptop but I still have the same problems with them.Any ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-only-charges-when-turned-on/td-p/5813313
Relevancy 42.57%

Just curious how the long the battery lasts on some of the laptops out there that I haven't used or worked on before. Here's mine @ 97% charge.. the 2nd one taken a few minutes before that right after I took it off the charger.

A:How long does your battery last between charges

my battery last 2-3 hours lol 4 if im lucky

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/68484-how-long-does-your-battery-last-between-charges.html
Relevancy 42.57%

My girlfriends daughter is going to school in Spain this semester and took her laptop with aol on it with her . She just got a phone line installed and when she went to sign in on aol it said she would incur additional charges? Anybody know what those charges might be . She is afraid of signing in for fear of running up a huge bill. Is there another way she can get online at her apartment using her laptop ? Thanks

A:aol overseas additional charges?

she should call aol and ask for the local number. She maybe dialing long distance?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aol-overseas-additional-charges.207195/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

I just got the Palm Pre on the bell network. My friend from PEI called me on my cell phone while I was still here in ontario. My question is, will I be charged for that call because he was calling my cellular phone?

A:Long distances charges

Yes, I think so. You may be charged because of the long distances.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/long-distances-charges.154598/
Relevancy 42.57%

I apologize if this question was already asked,but I couldn't find anything with my specific issue. My laptop occasionally charges while on, but for the most part will show X% available(plugged in,not charging). When I put the laptop to sleep however, it charges fully in about a hour and a half(I only know because the orange charge indicator turns blue when charged). I had a problem earlier in the year when the laptop didn't charge at all, to which acer diagnosed as a charger port issue. However, when the laptop was sent in, all they did was change the battery. I went to a local shop that tested out the original chargers voltage, and they gave me the new charger I'm using now.Is there anything I can do about this issue without a warranty?Fee lfree to ask me anything about either charger.  

A:My aspire R3-471 rarely charges while it's on.

When I had that problem on R3-471, I looked for the little pinhole on the bottom. I carefully followed steps in link below (because I didn't know what else to try).   Anyway, it fixed it. http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26240/~/how-to-reset-the-battery-on-your-ultrabook

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/My-aspire-R3-471-rarely-charges-while-it-s-on/td-p/436635
Relevancy 42.57%

I put this question in the Moto g3 ForumsMotog3 Forum "Hi, My Moto G3, this morning is not debugging, when I connected the usb cable to my pc the debug's logo appeared and disappeared immediatelly and the logo of charging not appeared, but it's charging. When I connect the phone to the wall's plug the icon of charge if appears. If I turn off the phone and connect for usb if charges. I tried disconnecting the debugger but the problem is the same." 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Moto-G3-charges-in-the-pc-transferred/td-p/3364770
Relevancy 42.14%

Is there a way to do this? I think not from a different thread I saw, but wanted the experts to chime in.

A:Windows 8.1 With Bing Clean Install on Dell Inspiron i3531

Windows 8.1 With Bing is only available for computer manufacturers to be used as pre-installed OS on low end budget laptops and notebooks. It is not available to consumers as a stand alone installer.

To reinstall Windows 8.1 With Bing you need to use the recovery media to restore the computer to factory settings. Consult the manual of your computer to see how the recovery is done.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/57265-windows-8-1-bing-clean-install-dell-inspiron-i3531.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Last week I bought an ACER Aspire V - P Windows Single Language with Bing with x bit for my wifey Her job needed to install Linux for some technical purposes and its V3-112P Needed Aspire 8.1 with Lang Sin ACER Windows Bing over now I have missed creating a recovery image and now I want to revert it to ACER Aspire V3-112P Windows 8.1 Sin Lang with Bing Needed Win I have tried almost win OS so far which is downloaded ACER Aspire V3-112P Windows 8.1 Sin Lang with Bing Needed from torrent amp sites here Its always asking for the product key I have installed win and tried to fetch the Key using RWEverything site and got a Product key None of of OS I loaded accepts this product key too I understood from the site that Win will pick the key automatically from the BIOS UEFI Tried contacting ACER for ACER Aspire V3-112P Windows 8.1 Sin Lang with Bing Needed a recovery CD and they asking for rd of the purchase price of laptop for new recovery disk Can any one help me here coz I don't want to spend too much on this Can Any one upload a recovery image created from same type acer Your support is much appreciated and thanks in advance

A:ACER Aspire V3-112P Windows 8.1 Sin Lang with Bing Needed

As you have already found out - the BING edition of windows 8.1 is an OEM only OS
and is not available for download anywhere...

If you have a way of accessing your HDD you can run a few commands to see if the Factory recovery Image is still present on a separate HDD partition

Boot from any windows 8.1 setup media and when on the INSTALL screen
press SHIFT+F10 to bring up a command prompt..

Type> Diskpart
Type> select disk 0
Type> list volume
Type> list partition

Post a pic of that cmd windows and info

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71820-acer-aspire-v3-112p-windows-8-1-sin-lang-bing-needed.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello A few years ago I bought a HP ProBook G and I've been using it for a while Last month I had to get it fixed because it wouldn't turn on somethings were damaged by a faulty charger Since then I bought a new charger Hama universal charger and the voltage matches the original one Since I got my laptop back from the service I have this then charging, few charges says st... not seconds, for a Laptop problem when it's plugged in it charges for a few seconds and then it says Plugged in not charging and after a bit more time it starts charging again The battery level stays the same I've never changed my battery I have also tried reinstalling the ACPI-Compliant Contro Method Battery from Device Manager I have also tried unplugging the charger removing the battery and all the peripherals and afterwards holding the power button for - seconds I updated the BIOS aswell Laptop charges for a few seconds, then says not charging, st... I got the update from HP website The problem was there before the update and it still appears Please note that if I remove my battery but the laptop is still plugged in it will shut down after some seconds nbsp

A:Laptop charges for a few seconds, then says not charging, st...

Is the battery original? The knee-jerk here is to blame the "universal" adapter. Have you tried the diagnostics on the battery by tapping esc or F2 as you power up? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-charges-for-a-few-seconds-then-says-not-charging/td-p/5744673
Relevancy 42.14%

My problem is the the following, I have a laptop ( hp pavillon zd8000) and the battery will only charge when the computer is turned of or if it is in sleep mode. once i turn the computer on the battery stops charging and computer uses the AC adaptor. my battery works finee i think because it charges to 100% and when I use the battery without the AC adapator my computer works fine for 2 hours. i have tried different batteries and different AC adaptor problem not solved. I sent my computer to HP and they have changed my motherboard and when i got my computer back it still had the same problem. what could it be?? can anyone help me?? hp pavillon zd8000service tag: zd8410eas/n: [personal information removed]OS: Windows Xp home

A:battery only charges when computer is off or in sleep

umm the thing i can say is that the laptop is using alot of power and its using the power from the wall to still use the laptop well it happens to me when it getslow on battery then i charge it it says pluged in ,not charging because im using alot of juice from the wall so once it slows down in processing it charges the battery im not sure  the thing i would trying is not to do any thing and see if it charges or even update the bios

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/battery-only-charges-when-computer-is-off-or-in-sleep/td-p/78744
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I have a Lenovo think pad. Recently my laptop won't charge unless it is turned off. My battery does not last as long as it used to. When I hover the mouse over the battery icon, it pops up showing the 2 batteries. Battery #1 indicates " not present". Is there any way of fixing this?

A:Laptop battery #1 says "not present" and only charges when o...

@Chrie96? What model do you have??? REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-battery-1-says-quot-not-present-quot-and-only-charges/td-p/5711209
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, My Moto G3, this morning is not debugging, when I connected the usb cable to my pc the debug's logo appeared and disappeared immediatelly and the logo of charging not appeared, but it's charging. When I connect the phone to the wall's plug the icon of charge if appears. If I turn off the phone and connect for usb if charges. I tried disconnecting the debugger but the problem is the same.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Moto-G3-charges-in-the-pc-but-don-t-show-the-icon-and-debugger/td-p/3364770
Relevancy 42.14%

I have dell inspiron n5110. I upgraded to windows 10 pro.... Everything was okay but since the past week it shows a battery issue. When I plug in the charger, the battery shows charging for like 5-6 seconds and then it shows not charging. I again pull out the charger from laptop and plug it again and the same happens. Nothing changes on moving the charger a bit here and there...... Only charges  for 5-6 seconds when I plug it off and on.

A:Battery issue (Charges for a while then says not charging)

And yeah it actually charges for those 5-6 seconds. Don't know what's the issue.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682846
Relevancy 42.14%

Just purchased Envy M6-W103DX. The battery charges when the unit is off or asleep, but it shows "plugged in, not charging" when in use. Performed battery test with HP Assistant, and it says the battery is okay. Why is the battery not charging during use? I have not had a laptop ever do this.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-Not-Charging-When-in-Use-but-Charges-When-Asleep/td-p/5643046
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi

For a few days, my Tecra A5 has begun to beep and shut down (as when the battery gets low) while it was connected to the power supply AC adapter.

I finally realized that when the computer is plugged in, the battery discharges and does not use the power supply to recharge.

On the other hand, if I switch off the computer, the battery starts to recharge.
I replaced the battery a few months ago, so I think it is still OK.

Could the charger be faulty? Seems strange since it can still recharge the battery when the computer is off.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

A:Tecra A5 - battery charges only when computer is off

> Could the charger be faulty?

Theoretically; yes? but it could be also possible that the power supply electronic on the motherboard is affected? but at first stage the AC adaptor should be checked and notebook should be tested with new, good working AC adaptor.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?66838-Tecra-A5-battery-charges-only-when-computer-is-off
Relevancy 42.14%

Is there any docking station for the HP Spectre that also charges?  I currently have a Targus - but it doesn't pass through the charge. Thanks so much!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Spectre-Docking-Station-that-Charges/td-p/5686405
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey Guys, I purchased hp au006tx 2 months ago. There has been this issue with the battery. Everytime I put the laptop on charging, the battery goes staright to 99 % in like 40 minutes or less and then its stuck there. I kept it on charge for like straight 3-4 hours, nothing changed . The battery check tool from HP shows status as good but it shows the full charge capacity as 99% . Why ? Should I get my battery replaced by HP. I have it under warranty?  Any help would be appreciated. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-stuck-at-99-It-never-charges-full-What-to-do/td-p/5817439
Relevancy 42.14%

hp probook 4540s. it seems as if the laptop doesn't read the charger. if I remove the battery and try to turn on the laptop, it doesn't start instead a flashing white light from the powerbutton starts to blink. battery status is ok . tried in different wall socket but no luck.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3135355/laptop-charges-seconds-stop.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have learned my lesson. Open Cloud AV is NOT legit. It took my PC shop almost a week to get rid of it.The $75 charge showed up on my VISA as from YOUTUBESTUDIO.PRO out of Riga, Latvia. I have not been able to find anything to link Open Cloud to this "company". Even though I showed all the screen shots, message forums, etc. VISA won't dispute it until I have something concrete.Has anyone been able to get the charges reversed or link these two "companies" together?Thanks(Moderator edit: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgw)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422667/trying-to-get-open-cloud-charges-reversed/
Relevancy 42.14%

hi

ive got a brand new battery in an old dell inspiron n4030 lappy, win 7 64bit. It never charges more than 86 pc and runs out of juice at about 26pc [on the task bar] . To try and calibrate it ive run full charge/discharge cycles 4 times. Only a couple of pc better

using power plan called "balanced" and default settings, anyway, the recommended one

currently the pc is set to shut down/sleep at 2 pc but because the battery expires much earlier [around 26pc] it just crashes, which cant be good for the HD. Will change this setting.
any ideas anyone

thanks

A:laptop battery never fully charges

I think you need to select power saver and make a plan for battery. Maybe it works in your case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/390664-laptop-battery-never-fully-charges.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Guys, I was just wondering if there is a way around the Tesco answer phone charge.

My wife is about to jump into the 21st Century tech world and buy the iphone 4 from Tesco mobile. There is a charge to retrieve her phone messages. I know with T Mobile you just have to phone yourself to avoid these charges.
Does anyone know if you can do that with Tesco Mobile ?

Thanks

A:Tesco answer phone charges

You still get charged with T-mobile whichever way you try to retrieve your messages from your mobile phone
You can phone yourself from a landline & retrieve messages from T-mobile answering service BUT that costs more than the T-mobile charge from the mobile phone ( I am pretty sure T--mobile charge 10p per call to retrieve messages but BT or Virgin charge 15p tp call a mobile PLUS the 9p call set up fee everytime)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tesco-answer-phone-charges.982301/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am running One Key Optimizer and have a red dot on the battery level, which I thought meant that my computer needed to be optimized. (It did, to be honest.) However, after I did the Checkup, nothing showed up as wrong, but then when I went into the Battery area, it showed that the battery should be calibrated, which I tried starting. It started, but it only charged my battery up, and not discharged it to recharge it. I have it currently on high performance setting to help drain the battery, and I have it unplugged to try and discharge the battery. I know it has to be plugged in, not allowed to sleep, or not to power down the PC, but if it won't discharge, then what's the sense of a calibration? What is wrong?  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/One-Key-Optimizer-battery-calibration-charges-but-does-not/td-p/3313882
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there I'm having help results browser "get 10" windows spamming to repeated tabs in bing in crash a problem with a machine recently upgraded to Windows I suspect a virus or some kind of malware The problem presents itself slightly differently depending on whether or not wifi is switched on When wifi is switched on the machine boots to a normal desktop but opens Chrome default browser and opens a tab at the following address go microsoft com fwlink linkid which redirects here http www bing com search q get help in windows amp filters guid e d c - - d -ac - a f d lang en-gb amp "get help in windows 10" bing results spamming in repeated browser tabs to crash form S bing search results page for the search string get help in windows Another identical tab will open then another and another and another If I close the browser it opens again and starts opening multiple identical tabs again It will do this until the machine crashes The only way to stop it is by turning wifi off With wifi off another problem presents The Windows Get Started guide opens on the page GET CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET I close it opens again I "get help in windows 10" bing results spamming in repeated browser tabs to crash click another window it quickly reverts back on and on in a loop The computer really can't be used in any real sense with "get help in windows 10" bing results spamming in repeated browser tabs to crash WiFi on With WiFi off I have managed to get enough control to run FRST Results from the scan FRST txt Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Henry administrator on HENRY-HP - - Running from F Loaded Profiles Henry Available Profiles Henry Platform Windows Home X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxCUIService exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM stacsv exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Windows System hpservice exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPWMISVC exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Client Services HPClientServices exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components FWService IntelMeFWService exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mqsvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe Oracle Corporation C oraclexe app oracle product server bin TNSLSNR EXE Oracle Corporation C oraclexe app oracle product server bin oracle exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnhService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework HPSA Service exe Intel ... Read more

A:"get help in windows 10" bing results spamming in repeated browser tabs to crash

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file. 
start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [GDriveSharedOverlay] -> {81539FE6-33C7-4CE7-90C7-1C7B8F2F2D44} => No File
HKU\S-1-5-21-2690019800-2785355636-2455639162-1001\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,BrowserMngr Start Page = hxxp://search.babylon.com/?affID=110823&tt=270912_11_3912_8&babsrc=HP_ss&mntrId=caca89af000000000000e006e67b904d
SearchScopes: HKLM -> DefaultScope {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2410} URL = hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ieb&gct=ds&appid=100&systemid=410&apn_dtid=BND410&apn_ptnrs=AGA&o=APN10649&apn_uid=3636622693634604&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = hxxp://eu.ask.com/web?q={searchterms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2410} URL = hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ieb&gct=ds&appid=100&systemid=410&apn_dtid=BND410&apn_ptnrs=AGA&o=APN10649&apn_uid=3636622693634604&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = hxxp://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei={inputEncoding}&fr=chr-hp-psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3} URL = hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> DefaultScope {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2410} URL = hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ieb&gct=ds&appid=100&systemid=410&apn_dtid=BND410&apn_ptnrs=AGA&o=APN10649&apn_uid=3636622693634604&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = hxxp://eu.ask.com/web?q={searchterms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2410} URL = hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ieb&gct=ds&appid=100&systemid=410&apn_dtid=BND410&apn_ptnrs=AGA&o=APN10649&apn_uid=3636622693634604&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = hxxp://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei={inputEncoding}&fr=chr-hp-psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3} URL = hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-2690019800-2785355636-2455639162-1001 -> BrowserMngrDefaultScope {0ECDF796-C2DC-4d79-A620-CCE0C0A66CC9}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-2690019800-2785355636-2455639162-1001 -> {0ECDF796-C2DC-4d79-A620-CCE0C0A66CC9} URL =
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-2690019800-2785355636-2455639162-1001 -> {216A66A3-A4FA-475A-83C9-1001A979096E} URL =
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-2690019800-2785355636-2455639162-1001 -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL =
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-2690019800-2785355636-2455639162-1001 -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2410} URL =
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-2690019800-2785355636-2455639162-1001 -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL =
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-2690019800-2785355636-2455639162-1001 -> {d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3} URL =
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-2690019800-2785355636-2455639162-1001 -> {D944BB61-2E34-4DBF-A683-47E505C587DC} URL =
FF HKLM-x32\...\Firefox\Extensions: [[email protected]] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Iminent\[email protected] => not found
FF HKLM-x32\...\Firefox\Extensions: [{ACAA314B-EEBA-48e4-AD47-84E31C44796C}] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\DV... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597498/get-help-in-windows-10-bing-results-spamming-in-repeated-browser-tabs-to-crash/