Windows Support Forum

CHKDSK? What is the log saying? Is my SSD data safe?

Q: CHKDSK? What is the log saying? Is my SSD data safe?

Checking file system on C The type of the file system is NTFS One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency You may cancel the disk check but it is strongly recommended safe? log CHKDSK? data saying? SSD What my is Is the that you continue CHKDSK? What is the log saying? Is my SSD data safe? Windows will now check the disk CHKDSK is verifying files stage of file records processed File verification completed Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment large file records processed bad file records processed EA records processed reparse records processed CHKDSK is verifying indexes stage of Index entry hiberfil sys of index I in CHKDSK? What is the log saying? Is my SSD data safe? file x points to unused file xa Deleting index entry hiberfil sys in index I of file Index entry pagefile sys of index I in file x points to unused file xa CHKDSK? What is the log saying? Is my SSD data safe? Deleting index entry pagefile sys in index I of file Index entry diagerr xml of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry diagerr xml in index I of file Index entry diagwrn xml of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry diagwrn xml in index I of file Index entry MainQueueOnline que of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry MainQueueOnline que in index I of file Index entry MAINQU QUE of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry MAINQU QUE in index I of file Index entry setup etl of index I in file x c points to unused file xa a Deleting index entry setup etl in index I of file Index entry setup exe of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry setup exe in index I of file Index entry setupact log of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry setupact log in index I of file Index entry setuperr log of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry setuperr log in index I of file Index entry setupinfo of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry setupinfo in index I of file Index entry SETUPI of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry SETUPI in index I of file Index entry MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase in index I of file Index entry MOUNTP of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry MOUNTP in index I of file Index entry Microsoft VisualStudio Tools Applications Runtime v ni dll of index I in file x b points to unused file xa b Deleting index entry Microsoft VisualStudio Tools Applications Runtime v ni dll in index I of file Index entry MICROS DLL of index I in file x b points to unused file xa b Deleting index entry MICROS DLL in index I of file index entries processed Index verification completed unindexed files scanned unindexed files recovered CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors stage of file SDs SIDs processed Cleaning up unused index entries from index SII of file x Cleaning up unused index entries from index SDH of file x Cleaning up unused security descriptors Security descriptor verification completed data files processed CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal USN bytes processed Usn Journal verification completed CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the master file table MFT bitmap CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the volume bitmap Windows has made corrections to the file system KB total disk space KB in files KB in indexes KB in bad sectors KB in use by the system KB occupied by the log file KB available on disk bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk Internal Info bc eb d eb c Windows has finished checking your disk Please wait while your computer restarts nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: CHKDSK? What is the log saying? Is my SSD data safe?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: CHKDSK? What is the log saying? Is my SSD data safe?

you might have had some corrupted files or sectors. if CHKDSK does it's thing, you should be ok.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/chkdsk-what-is-the-log-saying-is-my-ssd-data-safe.170644/
Relevancy 75.25%

Checking SSD safe? my log is CHKDSK? the saying? Is data What file system on C The type of the file system is NTFS One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency You may cancel the disk check but it is strongly recommended that you continue Windows will now check the disk CHKDSK is verifying files stage of file records processed File verification completed Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting CHKDSK? What is the log saying? Is my SSD data safe? orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment Deleting orphan file record segment large file records processed bad file records processed EA records processed reparse records processed CHKDSK is verifying indexes stage of Index entry hiberfil sys of index I in file x points to unused file xa Deleting index entry hiberfil sys in index I of file Index entry pagefile sys of index I in file x points to unused file xa Deleting index entry pagefile sys in index I of file Index entry diagerr xml of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry diagerr xml in index I of file Index entry diagwrn xml of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry diagwrn xml in index I of file Index entry MainQueueOnline que of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry MainQueueOnline que in index I of file Index entry MAINQU QUE of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry MAINQU QUE in index I of file Index entry setup etl of index I in file x c points to unused file xa a Deleting index entry setup etl in index I of file Index entry setup exe of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry setup exe in index I of file Index entry setupact log of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry setupact log in index I of file Index entry setuperr log of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry setuperr log in index I of file Index entry setupinfo of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry setupinfo in index I of file Index entry SETUPI of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry SETUPI in index I of file Index entry MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase in index I of file Index entry MOUNTP of index I in file x c points to unused file xa Deleting index entry MOUNTP in index I of file Index entry Microsoft VisualStudio Tools Applications Runtime v ni dll of index I in file x b points to unused file xa b Deleting index entry Microsoft VisualStudio Tools Applications Runtime v ni dll in index I of file Index entry MICROS DLL of index I in file x b points to unused file xa b Deleting index entry MICROS DLL in index I of file index entries processed Index verification completed unindexed files scanned unindexed files recovered CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors stage of file SDs SIDs processed Cleaning up unused index entries from index SII of file x Cleaning up unused index entries from index SDH of file x Cleaning up unused security descriptors Security descriptor verification completed data files processed CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal USN bytes processed Usn Journal verification completed CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the master file table MFT bitmap CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the volume bitmap Windows has made corrections to the file system KB total disk space KB in files KB in indexes KB in bad sectors KB in use by the system KB occupied by the log file KB available on disk bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units... Read more

A:CHKDSK? What is the log saying? Is my SSD data safe?

Hi, you have run a "read only" check disk, to do a proper disk check you need to Unmount the volume. Windows will prompt for this if it reads the disk as "dirty", sometimes the disk check that you have run is sufficient. To see if there are any problems:-

Go to start, search and type cmd, right click on the returned cmd .exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt type:-

Code:
fsutil dirty query c:
press enter (assumes your drive is ?C? if not change), if it returns "is NOT dirty" then you should be OK if not post back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/chkdsk-what-is-the-log-saying-is-my-ssd-data-safe-599812.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I booted up my Win 7 computer today and ChkDsk said my Ex HDD may have been corrupted and proceeded to delete some files. Those were some very important files - how can I get them back? (Video and Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 files)

I prefer free methods on this - I know I can buy software to do this, but I currently don't have the money. Or a very cheap method, if nothing else.

It's ironic that today was the day I was going to back up this drive.

Please help!

A:External HDD data recovery - Chkdsk erased some data!!

"How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK ? Raymond.CC Blog"
How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/22300-external-hdd-data-recovery-chkdsk-erased-some-data.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello!

I'd like to start by saying that I'm new to these forums, and that I wasn't able to find an existing thread addressing this particular question.

This started out with what I experienced as some problems with one of my SSDS, so I decided to run a chkdsk. I booted into safemode, ran cmd as admin and started a chkdsk d: /r.

However, I recently found out what might be the cause for the problems, and since this scan is known for sometimes running up for 20-30 hours, would it be safe for me to cancel it? (i.e. just close the cmd window)

Thanks!

*edit: Perhaps I should add that the SSD I'm scanning is not running the OS.

A:Safe to abort chkdsk?

I would NOT interrupt CHKDSK.

Since you posted yesterday, it might have finished or you made the decision to 'cancel' it.

If you did 'cancel' CHKDSK, don't sweat it. It's just not in the "best practices" book; espcially for mechanical drives.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/316181-safe-abort-chkdsk.html
Relevancy 52.46%

HI JUST FINISHEED READING ABOUT THE THE PERSON SAFE IN MODE! CAN'T RUN CHKDSK EVEN WHO HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ON A DIFFERENT OPERATING SYSTEM I TRIED ALL THE PROCEDURES THAT jcgriff SUGGESTED-AS IN quot C WINDOWS SYSTEN CHKDSK C F F V X quot AND GOT THE OLD CHKDSK AT NEXT STARTUP MESSAGE CLICKING YES JUST GETS THE MESSAGE THAT CHKDSK HAS BEEN CANCELLED ANY FURTHER HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED ALSO I HAVE EXHAUSTED ANTI VIRUS ROOTKIT SCANS ETC TRYING TO GET RID OF THE INFAMOUS quot RUSSIAN VIRUS quot I'VE GOTTEN DOWN TO WHERE WHEN A FIELD IS FULL OF s I CAN JUST BACKSPACE TO THE BEGINNING OF THE FIELD AND THEN EVERY THING IS OK EXCEPT THAT WHEN I OPEN IE THE CAN'T RUN CHKDSK EVEN IN SAFE MODE! PAGE OPENS AND THEN SHUTS DOWN I' M CURRENTLY RUNNING 'OPERA quot JUST TO HAVE ACCESS TO ONLINE SCANS THE LAST BEING Malware Removal Guide for Windows - Select Real Security WHICH HAS TAKEN ME A WEEK JUST TO RUN THROUGH AGAIN ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED PS - THIS IS SLL HAPPENING ON A TOSHIBA A S LAPTOP

A:CAN'T RUN CHKDSK EVEN IN SAFE MODE!

Hi and welcome to TSF please follow the instructions here NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum
gather as much info as you can leave what you cannot http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/en make a new thread here
and include the info and anything you could not do please mention

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-run-chkdsk-even-in-safe-mode-636986.html
Relevancy 52.46%

i was wondering if it is possible that data can be deleted using chkdsk..any info is appreciated

A:Does chkdsk ever erase any data ??

Yes. In fact, just recently, I ran chkdsk on a drive that contained an Acronis image of my main drive (I always check the new before erasing the old) and chkdsk found errors. Upon rebooting, all the image files were removed.

Chkdsk does what it needs to do to repair the file system, and that sometimes means removing erroneously saved files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-chkdsk-ever-erase-any-data.407553/
Relevancy 52.46%

I've had a series of problems this past week that's been driving me crazy TLDR version I lost about GB of data after running CHKDSK on my x 20 GB of deleted CHKDSK data TB RAID array and I don't know how to get it back I have a desktop CHKDSK deleted 20 GB of data computer running Windows x About a week ago my computer got stuck in a Startup Repair loop making me unable to use my computer at all I tried every single restore point to no avail There was a bunch of data on the disk that I didn't have backed up so I decided to buy a new hard drive install a clean copy of Windows on it and get as much data off the old drive as I could Which seemed to work okay except I also had x TB data drives with important data that I had set up in a RAID mirrored configuration using Windows Disk Management I know next to nothing about configuring RAID setups I had assumed my data was safe and that a clean installation of Windows would pick up the old RAID configuration In Disk Management I right-clicked to 'Import Foreign Disk ' I'm not sure if this is where it went wrong but I restarted the computer before the re-sync completed in order to install some Windows Updates Upon rebooting the computer automatically started running CHKDSK and started reporting many 'Deleting Orphan File Record Segment' messages CHKDSK had been running for about min before I returned to my computer I started panicking and shut down the computer in fear that it was deleting my data I rebooted this time opting to skip the CHKDSK However when trying to access the folders on the drive I just received 'file or directory is corrupted and unreadable' errors Based on suggestions from Googling around I decided to run another CHKDSK although I did it from the Windows GUI and checked the box 'Automatically fix file system errors ' It got stuck on one file a few hours in I rebooted the system and let the automatic CHKDSK run which completed without any more of the 'Deleting orphan file record segment' messages However after completing the CHKDSK operation I noticed that the drive was reporting about GB less data and a bunch of important files and folders were missing Afterwards the Disk Management re-sync completed but it's reporting a 'Failed Redundancy ' There is a little memo bubble on the second disk saying 'The disk is offline because it has a signature collision with another disk that is online ' I've been pulling hairs and spending hours on this What can I do to get my data back Thanks in advance

A:CHKDSK deleted 20 GB of data

Hello and welcome cdov mate I like you do not know much at all about that sort of set up and indeed have never used one. One thing I can suggest if you are sure the data has gone is to run a recovery software ie Recuva https://www.piriform.com/recuva first and see if it can get back soem of your gear.

Justa by the by there are more see this Free Windows Desktop Software Security List - Data Rescue | Gizmo's Freeware

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/396213-chkdsk-deleted-20-gb-data.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I've had a series of problems this past deleted GB data CHKDSK of 20 week that's been CHKDSK deleted 20 GB of data driving me crazy TLDR version I lost about GB of data after running CHKDSK on my x TB RAID array and CHKDSK deleted 20 GB of data I don't know how to get it back I have a desktop computer running Windows x About a week ago my computer got stuck in a Startup Repair loop making me unable to use my computer at all I tried every single restore point to no avail There was a bunch of data on the disk that I didn't have backed up so I decided to buy a new hard drive install a clean copy of Windows on it and get as much data off the old drive as I could Which seemed to work okay except I also had x TB data drives with important data that I had set up in a RAID mirrored configuration using Windows Disk Management I know next to nothing about configuring RAID setups I had assumed my data was safe and that a clean installation of Windows would pick up the old RAID configuration In Disk Management I right-clicked to 'Import Foreign Disk ' I'm not sure if this is where it went wrong but I restarted the computer before the re-sync completed in order to install some Windows Updates Upon rebooting the computer automatically started running CHKDSK and started reporting many 'Deleting Orphan File Record Segment' messages CHKDSK had been running for about min before I returned to my computer I started panicking and shut down the computer in fear that it was deleting my data I rebooted this time opting to skip the CHKDSK However when trying to access the folders on the drive I just received 'file or directory is corrupted and unreadable' errors Based on suggestions from Googling around I decided to run another CHKDSK although I did it from the Windows GUI and checked the box 'Automatically fix file system errors ' It got stuck on one file a few hours in I rebooted the system and let the automatic CHKDSK run which completed without any more of the 'Deleting orphan file record segment' messages However after completing the CHKDSK operation I noticed that the drive was reporting about GB less data and a bunch of important files and folders were missing Afterwards the Disk Management re-sync completed but it's reporting a 'Failed Redundancy ' There is a little memo bubble on the second disk saying 'The disk is offline because it has a signature collision with another disk that is online ' I've been pulling hairs and spending hours on this What can I do to get my data back Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396213-chkdsk-deleted-20-gb-data.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everybody Needing some help here Recently there was a blackout at my home and I couldn't shut down my computer correctly As a measure of security I always set CHKDSK on the main system Hard Drive after an eventuality of this sort in order for it to correct any possible corruption Sometimes however instead of Mode nor CHKDSK normally Safe Cannot use acces showing the blue screen with the CHKDSK procedure as I scheduled it skips it and instantly boots the system normaly In the past when such happened I entered the Safe Mode and scheduled CHKDSK from there and usually it works However today after the mentioned blackout I booted-up my computer normally and tried to Cannot use CHKDSK normally nor acces Safe Mode schedule CHKDSK Cannot use CHKDSK normally nor acces Safe Mode However it skipped the procedure upon the reboot and so I tried entering into Safe Mode but upon trying the computer hangs-up with only the DOS cursor on the screen and nothing happening The hard drive led says it IS processing something for a while but after like minutes it simply remains there under normal circumstances it takes a max of or minutes to get to the log-in screen in Safe Mode I have used Hiren's Boot CD to make CHKDSK quot externally quot to the system Hard Disk and it reported quot no errors quot I tried restoring the MBR with Windows XP Recovery Console to no avail and even used the Setup program from the instalation CD with the option Repair Current Windows XP instalation but the problem remains Everything else behaves completely normaly Any help you can give me before I am forced to format the Cannot use CHKDSK normally nor acces Safe Mode drive Which I wouldn't want since I have little else where to put some of the info I have and is a hazzle to reinstall everything In advance thanks

A:Cannot use CHKDSK normally nor acces Safe Mode

You should not be running CHKDSK this many times on the PC. That is not needed and you are overworking the job for no gain.

Does Windows boot normally and work?

Please preform a hard drive test using this guide here:

Untitled Document

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-use-chkdsk-normally-nor-acces-safe-mode-876697.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everybody Needing some help here Recently there was a blackout at my home and I couldn t shut down my computer correctly As a access normally Mode nor CHKDSK Safe Cannot use measure of security I always set CHKDSK on the main system Hard Drive after an eventuality of this sort in order for it to correct any possible corruption Sometimes however instead of showing the blue screen with the CHKDSK procedure as I scheduled it skips it and instantly boots the system normaly In the past when such happened I entered the Safe Mode and scheduled CHKDSK from there and usually it works However today after the mentioned Cannot use CHKDSK normally nor access Safe Mode blackout I booted-up my computer normally and tried to schedule CHKDSK However it skipped the procedure upon the reboot and so I tried entering into Safe Mode but upon trying the computer hangs-up with only the DOS cursor on the screen and nothing happening The hard drive led says it IS processing something for a while but after like minutes it simply remains there under normal circumstances it takes a max of or minutes to get to the log-in screen in Safe Mode I have used a boot CD to make CHKDSK quot externally quot to the system Hard Disk and it reported quot no errors quot I tried restoring the MBR with Windows XP Recovery Console to no avail and even used the Setup program from the instalation CD with the option Repair Current Windows XP instalation but the problem remains Everything else behaves completely normaly Any help you can give me before I am forced to format the drive Which I wouldn t want since I have little else where to put some of the info I have and is a hazzle to reinstall everything In advance thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Win 8 Pro..I am trying to fix an error that is causing my desktop to randomlly reboot.

I wanted to run chkdsk from safe mode, however, tapping f8 doesn't work for me.

Tried to restore a backup and paragon merged all the drives into one file and says the structure is different and I may lose data.

Win 8 will not let me stop chkdsk with any key press. Kind of stumped what to do next. TIA

A:Can't access Safe Mode or run chkdsk

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37036-cant-access-safe-mode-run-chkdsk.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I am running xp home. When I tried to drfrag the c: drive it says.
Disk defragmenter has detected that chkdsk is scheduled to run on the volume: Presario (C.

Please run chkdsk/f.

I am not sure what that means so when I try to go into safe mode a bunch of driver codes scrools down and stops. It just stays there and after so long it rebbots in regular mode.

Thanks

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,

Quick intro: Using windows XP, I was copying large amounts of data from 1 WD sata drive to a Seagate (connected through e-sata), left the PC, when I returned, the PC had restarted and was executing chkdsk for one of the drives (I think it was the Seagate).
Seagate drive is perfectly healthy (hardware-wise), the WD not sure yet (it probably was the cause of the problem).

Question: Can this whole scenario by any chance have corrupted my data on the Seagate drive? I do not care about the directories that I was copying (I have deleted all the half-copied stuff), I care about what was in there in the beginning.

Can someone who understands how the file system and chkdsk work reply with certainty to my question? I need some re-assurance because I didn't keep checksums.

Take care

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello guys I XP gone?? chkdsk..data Can't Wont Start, Win have Win XP Home Edition I was browsing on Firefox when suddenly my pc shutdown and Win XP Wont Start, Can't chkdsk..data gone?? now it wont start it goes through restart cycles safemode Win XP Wont Start, Can't chkdsk..data gone?? and last good configuration wont start either The pc beeps normally starts booting the windows loading screen appears shortly and then restart I put in the Win XP CD to attempt chkdsk r but instead I get this windows The following list shows the existing partitions and unpartitioned space on this computer Use the UP or DOWN keys to select an item in the list To setup XP on the selected item press Enter To create a partition in the unpartitioned space press C To delete the selected partition press D Mb Disk at Id on bus on atapi MBR C Partition Unknown Mb lt MB Free gt I am worried a lot of my data is not backup the partition thing shows that only MB is occupied the rest is GONE or is this an error recognizing partition and boot information How can I go to repair console and do chkdsk Thanks

A:Win XP Wont Start, Can't chkdsk..data gone??

I believe that is chkdsk. I think you want "FDISK", as in fix disk, but you need someone that knows a lot more than I do to help you through this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-wont-start-cant-chkdsk-data-gone-462599.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I ll go through what happened step by step I was last on my computer at around pm today I woke up early today so I decided to take a nap work chkdsk in f/ mode, Safe Only works won't It goes into standby by itself and I Only works in Safe mode, chkdsk f/ won't work keep napping Throughout my nap which was very resting I heard my computer it is a laptop making a loud sound with the fans I thought it was doing an AVG scan and that s why it was like that Anyway around hours later I go on the computer I move the mouse I see the main computer screen The problems are that there are quot black quot mini icons in my system tray and I could not enter the start menu My screen was also flashing black every seconds or so I turn off the computer Only works in Safe mode, chkdsk f/ won't work turn it back on and notice that at Windows startup there are blue quot streaks quot whereas normally I d see the Windows logo and have a black background After seeing this I try to do system restore I get a dark blue screen saying that there seems to be a problem and I should do chkdsk f when I turn my computer on I can t get my computer on in regular mode it will just have the blue streaks then it turns to black screen I can turn it on in safe mode however and I get some weird green quot matrixy quot looking kind of background but seems to work alright on Safe mode I press run I type in chkdsk f it opens Only works in Safe mode, chkdsk f/ won't work up but it says it cannot run and has a NTFS error or something It offers to run at next startup so I press Y but it never happens regular startup still has black screen while safe mode startup doesnt have chkdsk f run I tried system restore which doesnt seem to do much I also have SP on the computer Any more information needed just ask Thank you for your time

A:Only works in Safe mode, chkdsk f/ won't work

Sounds like a failing graphics card to me..."streaks", "matrixy" things, "lines", and blank screens all point to a dying graphics card. You will likely have to replace it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/307200/only-works-in-safe-mode-chkdsk-f-wont-work/
Relevancy 51.6%

A tale of woe I was trying to get my voice recognition software to work and I disabled the mic Then when I tried to search for it to get it to reinstall all chaos broke loose The system now restarts and crashes to a blue screen It is trying to find the hardware and I can't seem to kill the process before I get a blue screen It will boot in safe mode And I've tried to go back to a recent restore point That Can't even work to [SOLVED] chkdsk mode get safe in /f would be fine [SOLVED] Can't get chkdsk /f to work even in safe mode The problem is now that when I try to go to a restore point I get an error message that the hard drive has errors and chkdsk needs to run So I have tried to run it from a prompt in safe mode No luck It promises to do it on reboot I can't just use my quot install quot disk because the Lenovo uses [SOLVED] Can't get chkdsk /f to work even in safe mode a protected portion of the hard drive I didn't get a CD The utilities don't include a simple chkdsk f option The rats I tried to cheat a bit and fix this with an XP CD I have It crashed in the Lenovo Don't know why but I get a blue screen when I try to boot from it and use its recovery feature to do a chkdsk f Bummer I've read some of the posts on this problem in XP and I've tried doing the chkntfs d No luck So I'm out of tricks and open for suggestions I'm backing everything up But I hate like heck to have to reinstall all my stuff A lot of it is writing software with activation keys that I'm sure will change upon reinstall So any idea on how to clean up the hard drive I don't think I've got a huge underlying problem here I'm downloading Ubantu live Maybe I can just clean this up from Linux Thanks in advance for any suggestions It's a bummer being without my main writing tool Robb

A:[SOLVED] Can't get chkdsk /f to work even in safe mode

Maybe some help here? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300415

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-cant-get-chkdsk-f-to-work-even-in-safe-mode-217990.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I had to have the computer reformatted a few months ago and now when I click on F I cannot enter safe mode Nonetheless I cannot also access system restore points even though the computer shows available dates and points and what was accomplished on the safe too No defrag, much disk chkdsk no mode, date Without the files on the CD that were reinstituted from a Dell Win XP Home disk I cannot add remove Windows options like Networking and Performance Tools and some other things Also Disk Defrag does not work and No safe mode, no disk defrag, too much chkdsk CHKDSK alternatively boots up first sometimes yes with a full disk check on C and sometimes no saying that CHKDSK is not set in Scheduled Tasks I originally had the problem when I tried to defrag or chkdsk the external No safe mode, no disk defrag, too much chkdsk hard drive that is usually always connected I have a lot of files I do not want to risk losing saved a lot of C to the external hard drive but want to chkdsk and defrag all drives I downloaded a third party program to defrag that works but prefer Windows to the bloat What to do nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-safe-mode-no-disk-defrag-too-much-chkdsk.649273/
Relevancy 51.17%

I need some advice on the best way to approach a data recovery operation The HD in question is my boot drive Windows XP TB A few days ago I rebooted my Recovery XP help Win CHKDSK errors Data needed, computer and came back to see CHDSK had auto started it ran for a few hours I left it unattended most of the time but from what I saw it was reporting fixing a lot of bad sectors deleting corrupt attribute records and deleting index entries There was a LOT of activity Please don t ask if I have a recent backup answering that question will only cause me Data Recovery help needed, Win XP CHKDSK errors a great deal of embarrassment and self-loathing On Data Recovery help needed, Win XP CHKDSK errors completion it rebooted to the Windows login screen after logging in I got a windows explorer error message and my desktop was blank and the only thing it was possible to do was open Task Manager couldn t even open the Start menu I rebooted into Safe Mode got the windows explorer error again I rebooted again and tried starting up using Last Known Good Configuration but this triggered CHDSK again after which it was no longer possible to boot to the Windows Login screen I get a Blue Screen registry error I tried using the Win XP disc to attempt a repair installation but this too gave a registry error At this point I realised probably later than I should that I Data Recovery help needed, Win XP CHKDSK errors was doing more harm than good and stopped the computer has been off since then So now I am in data recovery mode and want to make sure I have as much info as possible before doing anything Priority is to recover as many files as possible If possible I would also like to get the windows installation bootable again but that is a secondary goal I am waiting for a new computer to be delivered next week and will probably wait for that before doing anything since it will be able to move files faster than with my laptop I am also awaiting delivery of a HD enclosure to put the damaged drive in The first thing I plan on doing is making an image copy of the drive onto a new HD and running the recovery operation on that to leave the old disc in tact in case anything goes wrong Am I right in thinking that using the right tools I can make an exact duplicate of the data on the drive so that working on it for recovery will be exactly the same as working on the original drive That is about as far as I have got with my plan since I don t know exactly which tools to use or in what order Should I use a tool to recover files deleted changed by CHKDSK first Or should I use a more general data recovery tool Or a HD analysis tool I also have these specific questions What are the best tools for making an exact clone of all the data on the damaged drive including any deleted file data etc Does the HD I put the image on need to be the same size or would a larger drive have advantages Will the fact that the computer I will be using to run any recovery tools will be Win whereas the HD to be worked on is a WinXP boot drive What tools are recommended for this data recovery operation and should they be used in a specific order I am in need of a lot of guidance here I will be very grateful for any help and recommendations you can give me Thanks in advance

A:Data Recovery help needed, Win XP CHKDSK errors

HiWe can make a boot CD that will allow us to take a closer look at the drive. We need to see if there is any damage recorded by the SMART settings and we need to see if it is formatted as a FAT filesystem or NTFS.Download the PartedMagic ISO for your computer (you probably need the one labeled "Most people will only need this file") ask me if you aren't sure.Instructions for making a Boot CDIf you don't already have CD Writing software, download and install Infrarecorderand place a blank CD in your CD writer then run InfrarecorderClick WRITE IMAGENavigate to the PartedMagic ISO that you downloaded and click the OPEN buttonClick the OK button and it should burn your CD. When it is done it will automatically eject the CD and you can close Infrarecorder, you can now use this CD to boot your computer.Instructions For Booting From The CDIf you have any trouble booting from the CD let me know the manufacturer/model of your computer and I'll help.When you boot the computer that has the bad drive connected to it with the PartedMagic CD that you made a menu will pop up, please select1. Default Settings (Runs from RAM)When it finishes booting you will notice that it looks kind of like a Windows desktop. The button in the lower left works like the START button in Windows XP and allows you to select and run various programs or shutdown the computer. To make things easy, I'll just refer to this as the START button.Check SMART status of driveAfter PartedMagic loads, double-click the Disk Health icon on the desktop and then double-click the icon for your hard drive. Click on the PERFORM TESTS tab.Make sure that the Test Type is set to Short Self-Test and click the EXECUTE buttonI will need to know if it passed or not.Next click the ERROR LOG tab and let me know if there are any entries and if there are let me know what the rows say.Next select the ATTRIBUTES tab and let me know what the raw values are for the ID's listed there.Check partitions with fdiskAt the bottom of the screen near the START button you will see a picture of a computer monitor. Click it to open a terminal window. In the terminal window typefdisk -l(that is fdisk SPACE DASH l as in Linux) and press ENTERI want to see the information that it prints out. You can take a picture of the screen or use Firefox in PartedMagic to login here and copy and paste the results into your reply. As long as the text is legible, a picture will be fine.In your reply I need to see...Did it pass the Short Self-Test?Any entries in the Error LogThe Attributes list (at least the RAW VALUES for ID's 1, 5 and 197 if you have to type them by hand in your reply)The output of fdiskThere are more detailed instructions with pictures hereIf you have any questions/problems, let me know.Then we can talk about recovery options.James

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/463745/data-recovery-help-needed-win-xp-chkdsk-errors/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi - My cousins computer had problems after a power outage Really slow and they couldn t open some programs They ran chkdsk in safe mode and checked both options and then said run at restart Now it keeps running and running They can t get it to stop They tried f and safe mode and then f and normal mode and it just keeps going to a blue screen and running chkdsk Not a desktop screen Also they say when it starts up it gives them seconds to hit a key to stop - Chkdsk looping to mode get - normal can't it safe or bypass check disk and they hit a key and then it closes down and then restarts the computer and starts all over again with chkdsk Then they went to F and choose the disable auto restart and then they got this message x xe cb x xbf f x win k sys-address bf f base at bf datestamp f a Chkdsk looping - can't get it to stop - safe mode or normal And then they restart and then it started stupid chk dsk again PLS Chkdsk looping - can't get it to stop - safe mode or normal PLS HELP How can they get this chkdisk to stop Thanks They have Windows XP Home nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/chkdsk-looping-cant-get-it-to-stop-safe-mode-or-normal.323058/
Relevancy 50.74%

Have some nasty problem with one of my hardrives i got somethin that is called quot A delayed writing failed quot sometin like that my translation at E S with dollar tag over S mft note this hardrive is not my system drive chkdsk manage to again explorer data Restoring back chkdsk to windows repair and delete the bad filepost-segement so i could acces the drive again but now the problem is thath around Gb of files has instead got hidden on the drive and can t be directley accesed with windows explorer and thei are recovered by chkdsk and the files works as before however I can acces thoose files with Nero Burning Room LOL and R-Studio Data Recovery for example first i tryed to copy thoose files to another hardrive with R-studio and back to orginal harddrive the problem is that thoose hidden Gb s is still left on the drive so my discspace is insufficient to succed to copy them back i have realized that i must get thoose hidden files to show themself inside windows explorer again you see week ago i hade exactley the same problem but that time only Gb disappeard like this the thing was then that somehow i was manage to get a alternative to show upp inside windows own discleaner you know what i mean when i shoosed E i could clean old segment files from chkdsk the files is loaced in a mapp called found with undermapps with the names dir shk and after i hade cleaned them with discleaner the files where returning to windows explorer again accesable Restoring chkdsk data back to windows explorer again my problem is now i dont get that alternate in discleaner any longer maybe that s beacuse the disc have insufficient space to bring all Gb back cause thoose files Gb COPYED themself back the last time after i hade manullay allready copyed them back with R-studio therefore there might be problems this time cause of the size i dont know now i have thinking about what if i with R-studio copy the files directley back to the sourche hardrive seens the files have the same name dir shk inside R-Studio as the ones hidden on the disc perhaps it will just repace them cause that is what i want right ore it will just try to copy the files and there will be double and there will be the space problem and im allso afraid of copy to sourche drives cause recovery programs allways warn that completley data loose may occur still this time i was thinking that it will be differetn in this case if it will just replace seens the files are the same but i dont dare to do this Restoring chkdsk data back to windows explorer again if no one say i can Restoring chkdsk data back to windows explorer again do this first to summe it all up Does anyone know any way that i can make windows discleaner to clean yes its confusing but means restore thoose old chkdsk files back to the drive even with my big data do i dare to copy the files back to sourche drive with R-studio ore Nero ore can anybody come up with some other soulution to restore back the files to explorer pleassse help me with this i succeded one week ago there must be away to restore this data to its just that damn siz is the problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restoring-chkdsk-data-back-to-windows-explorer-again.485989/
Relevancy 50.74%

Have some nasty problem with one of my hardrives back again explorer windows to data Restoring chkdsk i got somethin that is called A delayed writing failed my translation at E S with dollar tag over S mft note this accefted drive is not the system drive chkdsk manage to repair and delete the bad filepost-segement so i could acces the drive again but now the problem is thath around Gb of files has instead got hidden on the drive and can t be Restoring chkdsk data back to windows explorer again directley Restoring chkdsk data back to windows explorer again accesed with windows explorer the files are recovered by chkdsk and the files works however I can acces thoose files with Nero Burning Room LOL and R-Studio Data Recovery for example first i tryed to copy thoose files to another hardrive with R-studio and back to orginal harddrive the problem is that thoose hidden Gb s is still left on the drive so my discspace is insufficient to succed to copy them back i have realized that i must get thoose hidden files to show themself inside windows explorer again you see week ago i hade exactley the same problem but that time only Gb disappeard like this the thing was then that somehow i was manage to get a alternative to show upp inside windows own discleaner you know what i mean when i shoosed E i could clean old segment files from chkdsk the files is exact as a week before loaced in a mapp called found with undermapps with the names dir shk with my files and after i hade cleaned them with discleaner the files where returning to windows explorer again accesable my problem is now i dont get that alternate in discleaner any longer how did i do before maybe that s beacuse the disc have insufficient space to bring all Gb back cause thoose files last week where only Gb and thei was COPYED back with disc cleaner and that was after i hade allready manually copyed them back with R-studio therefore there is a problems this time cause of the bigger size it will be Gb now i have thinking about what if i with R-studio can copy the files directley back to the sourche hardrive seens the files have the same names dir shk inside R-Studio as the ones hidden on the disc perhaps it will just repace them ore there is a bigger possibility that it will just try to copy the files and there will be double and a space problem im usnsure and im afraid of copy to sourche drives cause recovery programs allways warn that completley data loose may occur still this time i was thinking that it will be different in this case when thoose other same files lies hidden on E but i dont dare to do this if no one say i can do this first to summe it all up Does anyone know any way that i can make windows discleaner to clean yes its confusing but means restore thoose old chkdsk files back to the drive do i dare to copy the files back to sourche drive with R-studio ore Nero and will its replace the hidden onces ore can anybody come up with some other soulution to restore the files to explorer pleassse help me with this i succeded one week ago there must be away to restore this data to its just the size is the problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restoring-chkdsk-data-back-to-windows-explorer-again.486178/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys could really do with some help here having an awful time Restore, no down shows chkdsk System shut during fine, mode safe PC with this trying so much to avoid a system wipe as I have too much uni work unbacked up on my drives and no recovery cd that I can find yet I'll start from the beginning and run you through what Iv tried so far I ran a system restore last night and it froze up for maybe a PC shut down during System Restore, chkdsk shows fine, no safe mode half hour so I switched it off - held down off button for seconds really regretting this now When I switched it back on it PC shut down during System Restore, chkdsk shows fine, no safe mode boots to Startup Repair which concludes that it cannot repair this computer automatically option to send report leads to the unplug any devices page PC shut down during System Restore, chkdsk shows fine, no safe mode and restart Other option of dont send followed by the view advanced options for startup recovery and support leads to the following Startup Repair no result just a cannot repair automatically as before System Restore no result claiming no restore points have been created System Image Recovery no result as I dont have one presuming this is the last resort to wipe and replace Windows Memory Diagnostic shows no problems with memory found Command Prompt I basically have been trying many different options from various forums all night mainly this one Solved - System recovery options-HELP How-To Geek Forums Quote X windows system gt diskpart DISKPART gt list disk DISKPART gt select disk DISKPART gt list partition Results are Partition Primary type size MB offset KB and Partition Primary type size GB offset MB Scotts next instruction Quote DISKPART gt select partition DISKPART gt detail partition DISKPART gt exit results with Volume Volume Ltr D Label Blank Here Fs NTFS Type Partition Size GB Status Healthy Info Blank here Next step exit Diskpart and return to system gt chkdsk F c reports that Windows has checked the file system and found no problems It did this very quick maybe seconds thought thats not right so presumed i was checking the wrong drive and that it should be chkdsk F d as thats where my os is results then showed file system as NTFS cant see a volume label indication and Windows has checked the file system and found no problems Next step was to exit command prompt and restart with no results I realize now I didn't actually fix or do anything in command prompt so I restart this time tapping F and try Safe Mode options all of them and they all immediately go to the windows loading files then back into Startup Repair and the merrygoround continues Also tried last known good configuration from this F window to the same result Back to command prompt I also searched chkdsk with no problems found Finally I tried Scotts last instruction Quote Finally here is the next thing to try We are going to run chkdsk with a different parameter R which will do a surface scan looking for hard drive errors This command will take longer to run much longer However it should give you a progress indicator probably percent complete So power up F Repair Your Computer Command Prompt and type chkdsk R c but changed the c for d which took around an hour and found no problems If you can offer any help guys please do if you need any other info please ask ill be sitting here for as long as it takes to fix this or find a solution Please note I am not a wizz with under the bonnet or behind the scenes on these but will follow instructions to the letter I thank you in advance

A:PC shut down during System Restore, chkdsk shows fine, no safe mode

Hi and welcom to the Forum
First of all and most important BACK UP all your data to an external hard drive. If you can't get to your data then on another machine download and burn to disc "Ubuntu" from here:
Download Ubuntu | Ubuntu
You can then run Ubuntu from the CD and get access to the drives on your PC. It is essential to BACK UP now as I see you having to do a Clean Install eventually so BACKUP is vital!!!
Then you could try this to get into Safe Mode then try a System Restore from there.
How To Force Windows To Restart in Safe Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/304486-pc-shut-down-during-system-restore-chkdsk-shows-fine-no-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 49.88%

For some reason the computer I built a couple of years back has taken to doing an odd reboot loop It had been working fine but now when I turn it on it POSTs as normal starts to load Windows Home Premium bit but when it gets to the point where it would normally show the login screen it jumps to chkdsk It goes through the tests often saying it's fixing things then restarts After restarting it does the same thing again ad nauseum When it mode chkdsk. load. fails / to Endless loop Safe reboot starts chkdsk is says Endless reboot loop / chkdsk. Safe mode fails to load. 'press any key to skip cancel' but pressing a key on the keyboard does nothing I've tried using the install disc to do a repair but it doesn't make any difference I've run the samsung HDD test tools from the ultimate boot cd which have come back with no errors I've also run memtest from a flash drive and left it running for over hours In that whole time it did give two errors but I don't think that's responsible for causing the constant reboot loop The worst I ever used to get was an occasional BSOD reboot Someone suggested I try booting into safe mode and trying this - Check Disk - Reset If I boot into safe mode it takes as long as it would do to get to desktop login then immediately reboots without warning I noticed that when safe mode was loading I got some graphical corruption across the top of the screen This led me to think that maybe it was a problem with my gpu GTX so I unplugged it reset the bios and loaded into safe mode with the onboard gfx instead Exactly the same thing happens and I get the same corruption artefacts at the top Any more ideas anyone

A:Endless reboot loop / chkdsk. Safe mode fails to load.

We don't have you system specs that would tell us how many RAM modules you have installed.
I would tend to try to eliminate which module has the errors and run without that if I were you.
You might look at this:
Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301426-endless-reboot-loop-chkdsk-safe-mode-fails-load.html
Relevancy 49.45%

HI with of after Screen can chkdsk, Death mode safe Cursor into Solved: Black boot I have Solved: Black Screen of Death with Cursor after chkdsk, can boot into safe mode a black screen problem after I run chkdsk with my Win drive So far I ve managed to work around the problem by disabling auto chkdsk on my drive How do I fix this permanently Specs are below Here is what I ve done to help correct the problem Run Trend Micro online scan found one virus and trojans Fixed Updated the video drives of my Nvidia GT video card Lowered screen resolution in screen Raised Refresh rate in Monitor Disconnected and reconnected VGA monitor Changed cluster size Scanned for bad clusters Downloaded and ran black screen shell ext fix Created a New profile and booted into it I am unable to run sfc scannow I can boot into safe mode fine After I get Black Screen I can go back to the original state with Norton Solved: Black Screen of Death with Cursor after chkdsk, can boot into safe mode ghost Here are my specs Desktop Drive C W Home Premium GB NTFS IDE Drive D WinXP Pro sp GB NTFS IDE Drive E Storage gb IDE - nd half of Drive amp quot D amp quot Drive F amp amp G Solved: Black Screen of Death with Cursor after chkdsk, can boot into safe mode DVDRs Seagate GB Sata Storage Partitions Seagate GB USB Storage Partitions external Phenom II ghz CPU GB DDR Ram Nvidia GT PCIE GB video card Creative bit sound card ASROCK M A DE Mobo Earthlink DSL bps Floppy drive K dialup Optical Mouse Keyboard quot CRT nbsp

A:Solved: Black Screen of Death with Cursor after chkdsk, can boot into safe mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-of-death-with-cursor-after-chkdsk-can-boot-into-safe-mode.999744/
Relevancy 49.45%

My fiance's computer randomly crashed while he was renaming files He didn't install any new software or add any new hardware just before this problem occurred The computer is a Dell Inspiron It's running Vista Home Premium -bit It has gb of ram installed which has been in the computer for approximately a year now Upon restarting the computer Windows tried to start and when he logged on it told him there was limited functionality Programs wouldn't start and it gave him messages about all of the startup programs that would not run He restarted again and it won't even good boot restore, safe config, known or/r, last vista, mode, or repair chkdsk Cannot /f go to the log in screen now It will go to a blue screen with quot STOP C Registry File Failure Registry cannot load the hive file SystemRoot System Config SOFTWARE or its log of alternate It is corrupt absent or not writable quot From there we have tried booting into Safe Mode where it will just restart We did manage to get into it once somehow and he tried system restore but upon restarting it said that it could not complete the restore process We also tried booting using the Last Known Good Configuration but that still didn't work We ran Startup Repair from the computer which gave the following message quot Root cause found unspecified changes to the system configuration might have caused the problem Error code x quot as well as quot Error code x quot We used the Vista Reinstallation CD we received from Dell when purchasing the computer to start the Recovery Center We also ran Startup Repair several times from there Cannot boot vista, chkdsk /f or/r, restore, safe mode, last known good config, or repair which gives the following message quot The system volume on disc is corrupt Repair action File System repair chkdsk Result completed successfully Error code x quot We tried System Restore from the Recovery Center but it again won't complete the restoration We managed to use the Command Prompt to copy all of his documents to an external hard-drive so Cannot boot vista, chkdsk /f or/r, restore, safe mode, last known good config, or repair the hard-drive in the computer seems to be okay We tried running chkdsk from the Command Prompt When running just the chkdsk it showed that some errors were found but then it said that it could not complete the chkdsk because it was in read only mode Trying to run chkdsk f or chkdsk r it says it cannot run because the volume is in use by another process It asks if we want to dismount the volume to which we said no and then it asks if we would like to schedule it on restart If we say yes when the computer restarts it doesn't run the chkdsk and instead restarts again The only things we haven't really tried at this point are the Complete Restore from a Backup option and a complete reinstallation of Vista We are trying to avoid reinstalling if possible but since we have most of the files off the hard-drive now it wouldn't be the end of the world if we had to I suppose Most suggestions or possible solutions we have found anywhere require restarting at some point which just puts us back to square one because it simply won't restart and do whatever it needs to do at that point Any suggestions on what could help would be greatly appreciated

A:Cannot boot vista, chkdsk /f or/r, restore, safe mode, last known good config, or repair

No need to help now. Just reinstalled Vista instead. Working ok now. Thanks anyway.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/244932/cannot-boot-vista-chkdsk-f-orr-restore-safe-mode-last-known-good-config-or-repair/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a custom build It's about two years old I have never had problems until yesterday Normally I let my PC hibernate while I sleep but yesterday I woke up to a BSOD I do not recall the error message Today my pc crashed to a BSOD with the Kernel Data inpage error I do not recall the stop number In the past three days I have been experiencing audio glitches with fubar Songs sound distorted at times I believe it's related inpage Data BSOD. error Audio Kernel glitches. chkdsk included to whatever I'm experiencing I ran the diagnostic tool and I attached it to my post I also ran a chkdsk and the results are below Checking file system on C The type of the file system is NTFS A disk check has been scheduled Windows will now check the disk CHKDSK is verifying files stage of Cleaning up instance tags for file x adf Cleaning up instance tags for file x b file records processed File verification completed large file records processed bad file records processed EA records processed reparse records processed CHKDSK Kernel Data inpage error BSOD. Audio glitches. chkdsk included is verifying indexes stage of Kernel Data inpage error BSOD. Audio glitches. chkdsk included index entries processed Index verification completed unindexed files scanned unindexed files recovered CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors stage of file SDs SIDs processed Cleaning up unused index entries from index SII of file x Cleaning up unused index entries from index SDH of file x Cleaning up unused security descriptors Security descriptor verification completed data files processed CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal USN bytes processed Usn Journal verification completed CHKDSK is verifying file data stage of files processed File data verification completed CHKDSK is verifying free space stage of free clusters processed Free space verification is complete CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the master file table MFT bitmap CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the volume bitmap Windows has made corrections to the file system KB total disk space KB in files KB in indexes KB in bad sectors KB in use by the system KB occupied by the log file KB available on disk bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk Internal Info c b a g c lt Windows has finished checking your disk Please wait while your computer restarts

A:Kernel Data inpage error BSOD. Audio glitches. chkdsk included

Welcome aboard.

Follow it : STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

If there is any questions, you may ask us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255647-kernel-data-inpage-error-bsod-audio-glitches-chkdsk-included.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I wont go into to many details, but I have very good reason to be concerned that people may attempt to spy on my internet usage. I'm using a password protected wifi network right now. the people who may attempt to spy on me are not law enforcement or government but they do have access to people with a very high level of tech knowledge... like people with computer science degrees. what can i do to protect myself and what would be technically possible for them to achieve if they were HIGHLY motivated."there was this big bang once, now we're learnin' to use our thumbs"

A:Is my data safe

See here and click the appropriate links:http://netsecurity.about.com/od/sec...Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/is-my-data-safe/39748.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys Hope you can help this has been driving me nuts for some time now Not quite sure what triggered this issue but I have recently been unable to access play media or music delete modify any files on my internal SATA slave drive B Everything seems to work ok on the internal primary drive C Recent files are held on C then transferred to B for archiving back-up or when C is running low on space Sometimes when trying to access a file or directory on the for RAW drive not available slave ?? is with message drives" Data on "Chkdsk Getting B drive I get an I Getting "Chkdsk is not available for RAW drives" message on slave drive with Data ?? O error but even when this error does not appear I still cannot play or view the mp avi or jpeg I Getting "Chkdsk is not available for RAW drives" message on slave drive with Data ?? read somewhere that perhaps the permissions or User Controls have been messed up I disabled User Account Control in Vista and tried to modify permissions as they were not the same as the directories permissions on the C drive It worked for most files but some are still inaccessible I get the I O error I tried to run a chkdsk on B and get the error quot Chkdsk is not available for RAW drives quot But the drives are both listed as NTFS in the Disk Management System Any thoughts on how to get the disk working again or recover the existing data As it stands I cannot even copy files to C to try and recover them Hope I have provided enough information Thanks Chris nbsp

A:Getting "Chkdsk is not available for RAW drives" message on slave drive with Data ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-chkdsk-is-not-available-for-raw-drives-message-on-slave-drive-with-data.835708/
Relevancy 45.58%

Can virus or malware attach to my stored photos and documents and transfer from an old hp laptop to a new one?  What can I do to prevent that?Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Safe-data-transfer/td-p/5680880
Relevancy 45.58%

Ran into a new infection on a computer today The computer boots to a DOS-style screen that says the following Your PC is blocked All the hard drives were encrypted Browse www safe-data ru to get an access to your system and files Any attempt to restore the drives using other way will lead to inevitable data loss Please remember Your ID with its help your sign-on password will be generated Enter password I ve done some Google searching but haven t been able to come up with virtually anything at all Can t boot into Infection safe-data.ru various modes on the safe-data.ru Infection computer because it never gets into Windows BartPE doesn t recognize the drive at all and when I removed and installed it into an enclosure Windows sees this as an unallocated partition Acronis won t allow me to clone the drive or create a disk image since safe-data.ru Infection it sees it as an quot empty drive quot Previously the computer DID boot into XP and the person had run MBAM removing entries This happened immediately upon reboot Reformatting is an option after any possible user data is recovered preferably not before Any ideas The Safe-data ru site says to quot clean quot it using the six digit member ID and from what I ve seen on Google everyone s member ID is identical The main page lists the item as quot RBN Encryptor quot which also returns nothing on Google with the exception of the designer of the site s portfolio amusing enough The domain is registered to NAUNET-REG-RIPN as a private domain and was registered on Nov th An updated thread online says the code quot aaaaaaclip quot may get you into the system but that hasn t worked in my case Here s a link on the infection http www nsaneforums com topic -new-ransomware-installs-itself-in-the-master-boot-record

A:safe-data.ru Infection

EDIT: Updated the first post instead of just posting replies, but can't delete my own posts. Oops.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/363857/safe-dataru-infection/
Relevancy 45.58%

The largest single type of security breach is the stolen or lost laptop, according to the Open Security Foundation, yet these computers are among the least protected of all IT assets. The costs of a data breach can be huge, including the loss of trade secrets, marketing plans, and other competitive information that could have long-term business damage, plus the immediate costs of having to notify people if their personal information was possibly at risk from the breach. Particularly in a recession, enterprise management can't afford to take these risks lightly.
[an error occurred while processing this directive] There is a way for IT to protect those laptops and the confidential information they contain: encryption. Without the combination of password security and encryption, any halfway-competent hacker has no problem siphoning hard drive contents and putting it to nefarious use.

more...
Your laptop data is not safe. So fix it. | InfoWorld | Analysis | 2009-01-19 | By Mel Beckman

A:Your laptop data is not safe. So fix it.

The tablet PC I am using came with TPM and full drive encryption....built in to the hardware and software, respectively.

Not that I have any major secretes on my laptop....but it is nice to know it is there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/2456-your-laptop-data-not-safe-so-fix.html
Relevancy 45.58%

when i try to boot windows 7 pc i get Your PC is blocked. All the hard drives were encrypted. Browse www.safe-data.ru to get an access to your system and files. Any attempt to restore the drives using other way will lead to inevitable data loss !!! Please remember Your ID: , with its help your sign-on password will be generated. Enter password:

I know this is ransomware but cant seem to find a fix, i cant press f8 to goto safe mode as doesnt get as far as that the screen pops up straight away, any help please.

A:help with safe-data.ru lock out please

An admin/mod will probably move this thread into the ransomeware forum, where several very thorough and very knowledgeable folks will assist you.  Do you have a usb or dvd boot available?  The team will need to know if and what you have so that they can tailor their opening advice.  And if you do have a usb or dvd boot -- wait for the advice from the BC team so that you do not accidentally make things worse.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618029/help-with-safe-dataru-lock-out-please/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello. I run Vista HP on my Toshiba Satellite laptop and I urgently need to back up my data ( approx 90Gb) while in safe mode. Is it possible to do that and in what way exactly ? Looking forward to your suggestions.

A:help ! back up data in safe mode !

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Could you tell us where you want to backup your data???
Do you want to backup data on external HDD or you have two partitions [for example C: and D:]???

In Safe Mode backing up data is exactly the same as when you copy normally.
Just Copy --- Paste and that is it.
I would suggest to backup small amounts of data, for example 9 x 10GB or similar size or if you use software like Total Commander, you can backup all of data in one action.

Keep us posted.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-back-up-data-in-safe-mode-398961.html
Relevancy 44.72%

two questions really, a friend has a dell 2100 dimension with xp home, and it crashed, corrupted files cant be repaired. Q:can I save and copy files and documents in safe mode? and if so how do i get to safe mode?

A:save data in safe mode

Have you tried a repair install which would leave all files and folders in tact ? This shows the exact route but you must be careful to follow the exact route and not to format or delete the pertition .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/save-data-in-safe-mode.184925/
Relevancy 44.72%

Foolishly i set up my sons PC with a second hard disk we have used to save all of blocked drive safe-data.ru is My by our photos videos and media on it as a network backup because we only have small HD s in our laptops When i tried to access the disk today it didn t appear in My Computer even though i could see it in the Bios It doesn t show up anywhere like system My drive is blocked by safe-data.ru device manager disk management The only place i can see it is in the bios As it is a storage drive F i can still boot his PC however when i tried to boot to the storage disk F it came up with the following The My drive is blocked by safe-data.ru computer boots to a DOS screen that saysYour PC is blocked All the hard drives were encrypted Browse www safe-data ru to get an access to your system and files Any attempt to restore the drives using other way will lead to inevitable data loss Please remember Your ID with its help your sign-on password will be My drive is blocked by safe-data.ru generated Enter password When the above came up i didn t press any keys i just turned it off with the power button I then looked up quot What is safe-data ru quot on google and after reading various sites i ended up here I haven t done anything to try and fix it as i have found in the past it is better to ask for help rather than just have a go My son s PC is running ableit slowly and does have access to the internet and a CD drive We have a usb drive but i haven t tried to see if it is working in his PC As all of our family photos amp videos are stored on the drive i don t want to format it if there is any way to recover them I know hindsight is a wonderful thing i shouldn t have stored them all in one place and not made any further back ups His PC is running XP service pack is a Ghtz processor with GB of RAM with GB hard disks C is running ableit slowly D is a cdr E is a DVD f is our network storage disk which was shared to other PC s on our home network which is run though an Orange livebox His PC was set up with Avira Free antivirus Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Ccleaner amp Superantispyware and he seems to get viruses on a regular basis He is and only seems to surf games site s as i check his history on a regular basis but i can t work out why he keeps getting viruses and neither his Mum or I don t Please can someone help us out Thanks in advance

A:My drive is blocked by safe-data.ru

Please can you close this topic as problem has now been sorted. Thankyou

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/372301/my-drive-is-blocked-by-safe-dataru/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello mates I seem to have the same problem as everyone in this thread.I am running a Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit and I'd really want to save my data.I saw the work being done with testdisk sadly no resolve as I see.I'm wondering what to do a) use hiren as someone else noted on the first page with that miniXP system or wait for this testdisk and see if I can by without having to format my system.As noted I really care about my data and that has to be saved first.

A:MBR Ransomware safe-data.ru infection

Hello there, please follow these steps.You will need a blank CD and a USB drive.Download GETxPUD.exe to the desktop of your clean computerRun GETxPUD.exeA new folder will appear on the desktop.Open the GETxPUD folder and click on the get&burn.batThe program will download xpud_0.9.2.iso, and upon finished will open BurnCDCC ready to burn the image.Click on Start and follow the prompts to burn the image to a CD.Download xPUDtestdisk.exe and save it to the USB deviceDouble click xPUDtestdisk.exe to extract the contents to your USB deviceRemove the USB & CD and insert it in the sick computerBoot the Sick computer with the CD you just burnedThe computer must be set to boot from the CDGently tap F12 and choose to boot from the CDFollow the promptsA Welcome to xPUD screen will appearPress FileExpand mntsda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDDsdb1 is likely your USBClick on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)Press Tool at the topChoose Open TerminalType testdisk/testdisk_staticPress EnterThe TestDisk command window will openChoose Create and press EnterTestDisk will now detect all local hard drivesUse the arrow (up and down) keys to highlight the disk called /dev/sda if it represents your primary hard drive and press EnterIf your not sure then note everything you see and post it for my reviewSelect Intel (even if you have an AMD processor) and press EnterSelect Analyse and press EnterNow, your current partition structure is listed. Examine your current partition structure for missing partitions and errors.
Confirm at Quick Search to proceed.
When asked to search for Vista Partitions, type N (if you have XP) or Y (if you have Vista/Windows 7).
Any found partitions will now be listed. Please see if the information is correct.

At this point press Q until you exit and post me the Testdisk log (will be created on your USB drive).A log will be created in the root of the usb deviceRemove the USB drive and insert back in your working computer

Please note - all text entries are case sensitiveCopy and paste the resultant log for my review

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364469/mbr-ransomware-safe-dataru-infection/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello All,

I am planing to restore my dell vostro 1220 with factory restore but i am stuck at create backup media ...

it not allow me to create media either on dvd or usb both option are show redio button but not able to select any one....

pls help... urgent..

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19682115
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello, I recently had to back up my files for a system refresh. Following the backup I tried to open the .dsb files located in my emergency folder. And it did not work. After talking with Dell, I was told that the back up had failed - no executable file was created. I now have my pics and docs in .dsb files that I cannot open. Does anyone know a resolution to getting my original files back?

Relevancy 44.29%

I have been trying for months (literally) to recover data from my data safe.  After hours of trying, I get an 'out of memory' error OR it runs for days and days.  I'm on day 4 now, and about 40% done.  Is it possible to simply get my data on a DVD?  I need to recover this data as a Dell drive failed in less than one year.  I'm relying on the Dell Data SAFE to recover my data.  Please advise where I can get assistance on what has become a long nightmare.

A:Dell Data Safe Date Recovery

Stop Using it. (Dell Data Safe) If possible, restore to Factory Condition, & DELETE Dell Data Safe..

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19338082
Relevancy 44.29%

Win 7 on drive C:, XP on drive E:, set up to dual boot. I'm about to uninstall XP from E: (using your excellent tutorial).
Question 1: my data files from several years are all on drive E: (backed up elsewhere, but I really hope not to have to reinstate them). Will they be deleted?
Question 2: my profiles for Firefox & Thunderbird are in Documents and Settings folder on Drive E:. I suppose that folder will be deleted?
Many thanks!

A:Uninstall dual boot: is my data safe?

As far as I know, deleting an OS usually involves deleting the partition on which it resides.

If the tutorial asks you to delete the partition, then anything on that partition, including your data, would be lost.

That's why you have the backup.

Likewise for Firefox and Tbird profiles. They'd be gone too. But they can easily be backed up also.

Those 2 profiles are typically found in your Users directory at yourusername\appdata\roaming in the Mozilla and Thunderbird folders.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/329193-uninstall-dual-boot-my-data-safe.html
Relevancy 44.29%

hello techs
In the safe mode is my administrator with all my pics data ect however when I switch to guest this now becomes the new admin without all my data pics ect.[xp pro] ran avast. avg showed win32 ctx [deleted now I hope} any ideas???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/admin-data-stuck-in-safe-mode-214243.html
Relevancy 44.29%

How do I safely remove my USB drive in Windows 8 without losing data.

A:Safe removal of USB drive without loss to data

The exact same way you do in Windows 7, by clicking on the safely remove hardware icon in the taskbar.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/11579-safe-removal-usb-drive-without-loss-data.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Of course I will be posting in Dell's forums also, I could use some direction. I have Windows 7 Home Premium. New, will use warranty if needed. I have encountered runtime error for Data Safe back up. "Data Safe Local Back Up\Components\DSUpdate\DSUpdate.exe" "abnormal program termination."

Dell Community suggested going to the folder, double clk the DSUpdate.exe and follow the prompts to update, but I get the above error when doing so. Another option was to create recovery media to work around the problem, but I did that upon initial set up of the pc.

Any other ideas?

A:Data Safe Back Up Runtime error

Also, there were no error numbers or codes listed with the error message. Simply stated as above. Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/226888-data-safe-back-up-runtime-error.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Greetings I m getting the BSOD STOP c a Fatal System Error The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x an All NOT Users reinstall? Home folder safe data in Is during XP x The system has been shutdown after accepting MS Win updates I can t boot in any safe mode option and since the OS is OEM installed I understand I can t use Recovery Console so I believe my only remaining option is a reinstall of XP home Per MS support http support microsoft com kb You may lose data that is stored in the All Users folder and you may lose default program templates and settings that are stored in the Default User folder after you reinstall repair or upgrade Windows XP Also Start menu shortcuts items in the Startup group and documents pictures or music files that are stored in the Shared Documents folder may be missing My question is whether any data NOT on the All Users or Default User folder i e on C drive or Is data NOT in All Users folder safe during an XP Home reinstall? in a subfolder of C will be safe from a reinstallation from the XP CD Thanks in advance for any suggestions information

A:Is data NOT in All Users folder safe during an XP Home reinstall?

On any OEM system...you are dealing with reoovery/restore partitions/disks/processes.

No rules applicable to an XP install...which were written/documented by Microsoft (for users with MS install CDs)...should be interpreted to to work with an OEM system.

The system manufacturer determines what system repair/reinstall options are available...and how they work.

I would expect the details regarding such...if available...to be in the user's manual and/or posted at the OEM website.

As for using an XP CD to reinstall on an OEM system...I would take the warning from Microsoft at face value. Seems pretty clearcut to me.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/360628/is-data-not-in-all-users-folder-safe-during-an-xp-home-reinstall/
Relevancy 43.86%

Somehow my 2TB Seagate external drive got marked as Active and it causes my system to crash (system goes straight to BIOS). The drive contains many valuable photos and short videos; even though they are backed up, I really don't want to lose them off this drive.

So my question is.......if I use Diskpart to mark the drive inactive, will my data remain intact?

Thanks in advance.

A:Will My Data Be Safe If I Use Diskpart To Deactivate an External Drive

If done correctly you will not loose your data.

This tutorial by Brink will explain things.

Partition - Mark as Inactive

First we need to know something.
Does you system boot properly with the external drive unhook from your computer?

Now we need to see your Disk Management so we understand you setup better.
Complete this tutorial by Brink so we can have a look see.

Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/392418-will-my-data-safe-if-i-use-diskpart-deactivate-external-drive.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I can only run my machine OS Windows XP Prof SP in safe mode When I try to start Windows XP in normal mode I get the blue screen after a few minutes and a message that says in to Safe files. Corrupted data able Mode Only operate Driver IRQL not less or equal and then a series of Stop codes This situation started after I had been using the hibernate option for a few days After I had shut down fully and restarted I got a message stating that Windows had successfully installed the following update Microsoft Browser Choice Screen Update for EEA Users of Windows XP KB At the same time I got a Microsoft Security Centre message telling me that McAfee Virus protection was not operating Then my computer crashed and I got the blue screen It may be relevant Corrupted data files. Only able to operate in Safe Mode that a week earlier I had received a pop-up advertising virus protection When I tried to close it it Corrupted data files. Only able to operate in Safe Mode started to download so I closed my browser quickly and ran both a McAfee and Malwarebytes scan The Malwarebytes found and dealt with the following Registry Keys Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats d db d - ec - a -bd - e e bb Adware MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats d f -b fe- -bf - ab d d Adware MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Values Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer URLSearchHooks d f -b fe- -bf - ab d d Adware MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Data Items Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center AntiVirusDisableNotify Corrupted data files. Only able to operate in Safe Mode Disabled SecurityCenter - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center FirewallDisableNotify Disabled SecurityCenter - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Folders Infected C Program Files MyWaySA Adware MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Program Files MyWaySA SrchAsDe Adware MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Files Infected No malicious items detected I have tried to restore my system to earlier dates but on each occasion I get a message telling me the attempt has been unsuccessful I have also tried restoring the system to the last known configuration that worked but this was also unsuccessful The event viewer has lots of red errors listed I have reproduced some of them below System Errors Event ID The IPSEC Services service depends on the IPSEC driver service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioningEvent ID The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load AFDFipsintelppmIPSecmfehidkMPFPMRxSmbNetBIOSNetBTRasAcdRdbssTcpipWS IFSLEvent ID The DHCP Client service depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning Event ID The Windows Search service terminated with service-specific error x D Event ID The KService service hung on starting Application ErrorsEvent ID The search service has detected corrupted data files in the index The service will attempt to automatically correct this problem by rebuilding the index Context Windows Application SystemIndex CatalogDetails xc xc Results for Microsoft Product Windows Operating System Version Event ID Event Source Windows Search Service File Name tquery dll mui The content index cannot be read xc Event ID The plug-in in lt Search TripoliIndexer gt cannot be initialized Context Windows Application SystemIndex CatalogDetails The content index cannot be read xc Event ID MCSCAN Engine Initialisation failed Engine returned error Event ID The gatherer object cannot be initialized Context Windows Application SystemIndex CatalogDetails The conte... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308403/corrupted-data-files-only-able-to-operate-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 43.86%

I had a system crash and my Dell desktop recovered my data and game me a dump of my data files in the above format. I am unable to open any of these dsb files(data safe backup). Any answers that would get me out of this hole? thanks much

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsb-files-cannot-open-after-dell-data-safe-backed-up.1028390/
Relevancy 43.86%

is it safe to delete data from my recovery partition which I don't want to regain space on that partition? i want to regain some hundred mbs on this partition to backup my os and other important things - can i do this? or can't my recovery partition be modified?

Relevancy 43.43%

so here's the problem A few months ago my I couldn't normal my saved? safe mode nor windows get Can into be data computer suddenly stopped working after a day before I used it properly and shut it down properly A month later I Can my data be saved? I couldn't get into normal windows nor safe mode took out the hard disk and figured out if I could take out the data on the other computer But I didn't have an external hard disk to copy the files so I put the internal hard drive in my drawer and wait till I saved enough money When I already have had enough money I figured out where to run this internal hard disk but it didn't turned out so good my internal hard drive didn't manage to get into windows nor safe mode When the quot starting windows quot appear BSOD showed up for less than a second And the start up repair kept appearing I tried to do system restore but it didn't work either It just did quot attempting repairs quot but it came up with error message and it was not even completed What should I do now Has the system restore I did deleted the files in drive D and E I need most of the data in that internal hard drive I parted the hard drive into parts drive C D and E It's ok for me to lose the data in drive C as long as I can save the drive D and E Please help me Thank You

A:Can my data be saved? I couldn't get into normal windows nor safe mode

Win7 can't be expected to start on different hardware. You can attempt to adjust it to start by booting Paragon Adaptive Restore CD freeware to P2P Adjust the OS to start on new hardware.

You'll also want to make sure none of your repair attempts changed the Partition Marked Active from the 100mb System Reserved (preferred if you have it) or C partition, as can sometimes happen if another HD is plugged in during repairs or reinstall - so unplug all other HD's first. Once you confirm the Active partition if Win7 won't start outright then run Startup Repair - Run up to 3 Separate Times.

If these fail you can still rescue your data to the external by slaving the Win7 HD to another OS HD, or by booting the Win7 installer or System Repair Disk to Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console or by using Paragon Rescue Kit Free Edition 11.0 Free CD.

Data should always be backed up externally against HD failure. You would know your HD has failed because it isnt' detected in BIOS setup by any of the above repair/rescue CD's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/311021-can-my-data-saved-i-couldnt-get-into-normal-windows-nor-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi everyone Well I had a terrible night Safe How fix my w/out losing - unrecognized loop do I mode partition data? - last night I was helping my father I will make a very long story short in explaining that he definitely has a virus He mistakenly Safe mode loop - unrecognized partition - How do I fix w/out losing my data? opened an email that purported to be a greeting card or something he probably ran a file and then he soon had his browser hijacked Many virus checks later fixes etc and still no luck fixing the system - might have been a virus called virtumonde maybe that and other stuff Who knows Anyways things happen I figured I would need to restore a drive image I had made of his c drive for just such an occasion BTW the drive has a few partitions on it and I have all his data on D I asked him to reboot and lo and behold the comptuer froze with a black screen I had him try safe mode and none of the options boot from last known good configuration boot in safe mode boot normally etc worked - it kept trying and then coming back to that screen offering the same choices I think that sometimes he saw the windows xp logo but only briefly So I had him put in the Windows XP cd to try a repair Sure enough it showed that the C drive was not formatted and asked him if he wanted to do so It did recognize the other partitions and their formatting NTFS but it said that the C drive had an unknown format Therefore I suspect a boot sector issue I would like to avoid reformatting c as it will be considerable work to reinstall everything on that drive More significantly I have some data - mainly his desktop - on the c partition that I would like to recover before cleaning house I am wondering if I should try running the recovery console but I am concerned because I have read that fixmbr can mess with the other partitions and his data on D is the most important thing here I also wonder if I should try to use a program I have had luck with once before called MBRtool Back when my father-in-law messed up his mbr it was able to repair it with a bootable cd I made on a different computer Yes I am everyone s tech guru but I have very limited skill - I do my best If neither of these options are palatable and there are no other good ones I will just have to take the offending drive out of his machine offload all the data from his D drive and see what I can do to get things running on his machine knowing that most of his data is safe on my drive Any advice Sorry for the long-winded story Thanks Dave nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/safe-mode-loop-unrecognized-partition-how-do-i-fix-w-out-losing-my-data.744665/
Relevancy 43%

Hello I keep getting quot Data Restore quot type scans errors for the hard drive similar hard drive errors pop-ups as well as quot Delayed Write Failed quot for quot file system c corrupted or unreadable quot error messages that pop up about times when booting Windows As a result I can t load anything from a regular windows boot No IE no antivirus my whole desktop is blank I also can t access or see anything in the Write Restore Data load anything mode Failed"...cant not in and safe even "Delayed C drive as it is completely empty moreso everything in the Start Menu is blank like it Data Restore and "Delayed Write Failed"...cant load anything not even in safe mode has been removed Tried to boot in safe mode with rkill and even renamed rkill and follwed with updating and running MBAM to no avail Data Restore and "Delayed Write Failed"...cant load anything not even in safe mode Here are the DDS and other logs needed DDS tried to attach ark txt log file but its too large for single file DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Internet Explorer Run by Steve at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop Enabled Outdated F C - CE- C F- C- B A B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AntiVir Desktop Enabled Outdated B E DCD- F - E - D C- CF DCF A Running Processes C windows system wininit exe C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C windows explorer exe C windows system conhost exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com ig redirectdomain brand TSNA amp bmod TSNA mDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig redirectdomain brand TSNA amp bmod TSNA mStart Page hxxp www google com ig redirectdomain brand TSNA amp bmod TSNA uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Foxit Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB Foxit Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun RESTART STICKY NOTES c windows system StikyNot exe uRun nXBPpaqQtFIXr exe c programdata nXBPpaqQtFIXr exe uRun Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus c users steve desktop sdasetup revwire exe -min uRunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate c windows system macromed flash FlashUtil p ActiveX exe -update activex mRun lt NO NAME gt mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun cAudioFilterAgent c program files conexant caudiofilteragent cAudioFilterAgent exe mRun SynTPEnh ProgramFiles Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe mRun ThpSrv c windows system thpsrv logon mRun TPwrMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain EXE mRun SmoothView ProgramFiles Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exe mRun TCrdMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe mRun ToshibaServiceStation quot c program files toshiba toshiba service station Toshi... Read more

A:Data Restore and "Delayed Write Failed"...cant load anything not even in safe mode

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/421944 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/421944/data-restore-and-delayed-write-failedcant-load-anything-not-even-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 42.57%

New member to the forum Will try to make this as concise as possible The computer is a Windows XP Pro based with multiple partitions using a Fat file system Dual boot with Windows nd ED for Dx use The problem When chkdsk is ran inside Windows xp it will find the following quot Windows found errors on the disk but will not fix them without the F fix parameter Windows Prefetch chkdsk exe - C DCB pf first allocation unit is not valid The entry will be truncated nd error - Windows Prefetch cmd exe - B pf first allocation unit will be truncated When it ask to convert files Y N I answer Y Rerun Chkdsk and of course the same problem occurs but sometimes it will find other errors along with the previous ones However this time I don't allow it to convert files Then Rerun chkdsk Chkdsk errors /f Chkdsk XP duplicate can't Windows and schedule the F to run on reboot I proceed to reboot the Chkdsk /f can't duplicate Windows XP Chkdsk errors computer and Chkdsk F start as it suppose to however it finds NO errors Enter Windows XP as normal and Chkdsk /f can't duplicate Windows XP Chkdsk errors run Chkdsk and the same errors occurs then I proceed to schedule the chkdsk F and no errors are found again when it runs This is continual loop I think it started not sure when I had to format the partition and do a recovery of the drive via Norton Ghost V backup image file However found the same problem on another computer but was able to fix it using one the following solutions but not here ATTEMPTED FIXES Ran Chkdsk r ran Chksdks p r assumed in the Recovery Console Deleted all files in the Prefetch folder via SafeMode Ran a clean boot Uninstalled one of the programs that Chkdsk listed in Windows XP when it ran Ran Scandisk from a dos prompt None of these changed the scenario Nothing worked Search to see if there was a solution but can't find any last resort would be to do a Windows XP repair via the Installation Disk But am desperartely trying to avoid this not sure if will correct the problem number one and it means going through the hassle of re-registering a lot of the programs Does anyone know of a fix for this problem Thank you

A:Chkdsk /f can't duplicate Windows XP Chkdsk errors

I dunno what all that meant, tbh it was pretty much a technical blur to me, but if I had weirdo messages from chkdsk and couldn't get it to act right, I'd run HDD Regenerator from the Hiren's Boot Disk to see if there are bad (and repairable) sectors causing problems.Also, if the data is here now, not here now, etc.... I'd be wondering if the power is bad.What's the make, model & power output of the PSU ? Have you checked the voltage both in BIOS and in Windows using 3rd party application like SpeedFan ?If, for example, you discover you've got 10.5 volts on your 12 volt rail, all these weird chkdsk scenarios become meaningless.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/chkdsk-f-cant-duplicate-windows-xp-chkdsk-errors-517096.html
Relevancy 42.57%

AHCI disk.

Running chkdsk from Properties Tools with no autofix says there are errors.

Dismount the drive and reboot. Chkdsk reports no errors found. Properties Tools Chkdsk still syas there are errors.

Auslogics Defrag also says there are errors.

A:Tools Chkdsk with no /f /r says errors, bootup chkdsk says none

Assuming it's one of the Samsungs, there is an ES Tool diagnostic for their drives.
Download the offline (Dos boot) iso, burn it to cd, and run the long test. That will tell you for sure.

Downloads ? Freeware Tools ? Page 46 ? www.hiren.info

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/287047-tools-chkdsk-no-f-r-says-errors-bootup-chkdsk-says-none.html
Relevancy 42.14%

i read this article i hate jerks that pull this sort of thing i have a better another idea some one here show me to how make a program or show me the method it takes to lock on too this guys computer and send watts to his CPU all get an PC Browse were www.safe-data.ru Your to hard encrypted. blocked. Any... to drives the system files. and your access All is at once we ll see how much he spends instead of ripping people off i vote we set up a watch group the does nothing else feed back Your PC is blocked. All the hard drives were encrypted. Browse www.safe-data.ru to get an access to your system and files. Any... is welcome i am aware off what I m saying so i hope this doesn t get me in Your PC is blocked. All the hard drives were encrypted. Browse www.safe-data.ru to get an access to your system and files. Any... trouble with anybody here at bleeping i am ever so glad i stumble across this little site its tought me things i really needed to know but i had to get it off my chest they should hand out capital punishment for any one caught pulling this little stunt oh by the way this is the article i was speaking of so as folks won t think I m nutts babbling about nothing-------- A new infection is making its rounds that makes it so you cannot boot your computer unless you pay a ransom of USD This malware will modify the Master Boot Record of your computer so that it displays a message stating that your computer s hard drives were encrypted and that unless you pay the ransom you will not be able to access your files The reality is that the infected hard drives are not actually encrypted but just not being made available until you enter a password When this infection is installed on your computer it will move the infected hard drives Master Boot Record or MBR to another location and install a new MBR that displays a message stating that the hard drives were encrypted and that you need to visit www safe-data ru in order to receive help The message that you will see is Your PC is blocked All the hard drives were encrypted Browse www safe-data ru to get an access to your system and files Any attempt to restore the drives using other way will lead to inevitable data loss Please remember Your ID with its help your sign-on password will be generated Enter password When you visit www safe-data ru it will state that your hard drives are encrypted and unless you spend USD you will lose your data It also states that any attempts at tampering may cause loss of data I strongly suggest that noone manually visit the safe-data ru site as it is run by malware distributors and cannot be trusted to exploit visitors in some manner The truth is that this infection can be fixed without spending any money so for no reason should you purchase the code Instead if you are infected with this malware please create a topic in the Am I Infected forum in order to receive help removing this infection Link Am I infected Forum Add New Comment Posted By Lawrence Abrams on Dec PM - comments- hemmi here again this little thing is to take advantage of those who are naive in the ways of computing or navigating threw mess of crap that is the internet we know today something tells me if we had appointed governing body threw vote from those who like to see the internet cleaned up at all most any cost This sort of thing would at least slow way down no one from the corporate world be allowed a vote of course i am for a quot quot open quot quot and quot quot free quot quot internet as you can see it is a very vital instrument as we speak it is sparking revolutions across the the middle east for example in a perfect world the NET would be trouble free place to learn play and conduct mom amp pop commerce but that will never be if big corporate commerce amp jerks like the one that pulling this little stunt are tolerated or hackers or crackers that do something stupid over some little pet peeve of there s they have bug up there butt about the NET will always be a pain in the but... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/382538/your-pc-is-blocked-all-the-hard-drives-were-encrypted-browse-wwwsafe-dataru-to-get-an-access-to-your-system-and-files-any-attempt-to-restore-the/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a 2 TB WD BLACK SATA drive in my computer.
For a couple of days while I was gone I ran chkdsk c: /r
Hoping to clear the dirty tag I get when I run ( fsutil dirty query c: )
When I came back the boot screen was up and I logged in .. the dirty tag is still there. I've run the WD utility and it shows the drive to be fine and all the bad areas tagged. I ran this at the CMD screen and as an administrator. The scan starts at the next boot.

This is round 2. I've already don't this with another drive which I removed and then installed the above mentioned drive. Any idea why the dirty tag will not clear. Thanks .. K

A:CHKDSK will not clear dirty tag after chkdsk c: /r ?

Hi there kdiver58 ,

It's a good idea to test the drive. Download WD DLG Support Answers. You can also have a look at this tutorial I think you will find it useful Check Disk - Reset

Hope that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/361660-chkdsk-will-not-clear-dirty-tag-after-chkdsk-c-r.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Am I kidding myself that using Google Drive free is a good idea for my off-site backup Every once in awhile I notice its system tray icon is quot faded quot meaning that it isn't running probably because I lost the wireless signal on my laptop possibly because my router seems to require resetting every week or so Other than that I've had no surprises And did I mention the price Googling shows failures from both Google Drive and Carbonite so why pay Two weeks ago I had to Google Drive Is backup Dell NOT Data"Safe" reliable? is reformat my C partition and so lost the Is Google Drive reliable? Dell Data"Safe" backup is NOT User data that was in it but I used Ubuntu to copy it onto an external Toshiba hard drive so other than the inconvenience it turned out OK I didn't consider trying to restore from Google Drive because I felt more comfortable dragging folders onto drive C after reformat I wish I HAD used Google Drive to see how restoring ALL the data would go In the process I learned that Dell Data quot Safe quot Backup is FAR from it Took forever to backup no time at all to FAIL TO RESTORE Knowing in advance that this is common--i e that it is NOT SAFE AT ALL--I used Ubuntu to access the folders on drive C and copy to external drive Windows backup quit working the day I installed my Seagate external drive So I wrote my own Java backup program which seems to work well enough But since it's not automatic and since I'm like most people the backup on it when drive C went bye-bye wasn't exactly up-to-date Thank whoever for Ubuntu

A:Is Google Drive reliable? Dell Data"Safe" backup is NOT

Hi
I suppose any online backup is better than none
But it would be best used as a second or third alternative and not as primary
Mostly the download time would be a deal breaker as you found moving folders is much faster
Or restoring from a local hdd with a system image on it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/377157-google-drive-reliable-dell-data-safe-backup-not.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Alright this is a family s laptop that is about or even more years old has windows xp on it w/networking, in safe safe mode or normal not HP Pavilion boot command will in safe, dont know the exact one - - alright My sister has been using it and says she has never done anything to it which i dont believe but anyways this computer will not boot up what so ever everytime you power it on it goes to the screen that says unexpected error software hardware problem yada yada yada and HP Pavilion will not boot in safe, safe w/networking, safe command or in normal mode then it gives you the options of boot in safe mode safe mode networking safe mode command prompt last known good configuration and none of those will work we do have the recovery disks to wipe it but are trying to find a better way if possible and when you try to load into any of the safe mode choices it stops at multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS System Drivers Mup sys will stay at that for about - mins and then just turn off HP Pavilion will not boot in safe, safe w/networking, safe command or in normal mode if you try to just do normal mode or last known configuration it just acts like it loads with the windows and the little green loading bar then shuts off the more i type the more i think the harddrive is toast but im new and learning so i probably could be wrong Just looking for suggestions Oh and this pc will run very hot so if its a hardware issue i would not be surprised nbsp

A:HP Pavilion will not boot in safe, safe w/networking, safe command or in normal mode

I'm heading to work now ill be back later tonight so just post suggestions and i will try them. =)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-will-not-boot-in-safe-safe-w-networking-safe-command-or-in-normal-mode.157291/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi there,

Is there any way to get a chkdsk log from an unbootable computer after you run chkdsk from the Recovery Environment (RE) so it can be posted on a forum?

Thank you,

Donna

A:How to get a log from chkdsk after running chkdsk from the RE?

Here's where I look for chkdsk results:

Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Event Viewer and open Windows logs in left pane. Double-click "Application". Look for chkdsk in the source column in the right pane for the time chkdsk was run. Double click that row to bring up details.

If the chkdsk is run on a reboot, as it would for a C drive, the results should be under a “wininit” listing in the source column, rather than under chkdsk.

That's where I look for results. You could just copy the results to a file and upload the file---or just copy the pertinent portion into a post.

I'm not sure how much of that you can get to from the recovery environment.

I'm not sure offhand if there is a more detailed log anywhere.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/329567-how-get-log-chkdsk-after-running-chkdsk-re.html
Relevancy 37.84%

From looking around the net i was told the command
chkdsk /f > C:\chkdsk.txt
would run chkdsk and then put the read out in chkdsk.txt in the c: drive. How ever this dose not work. I get a terminal that just has the _ blinking. I have to hit ctrl+c to turn it off it does not work. Is their a way to get this to work? i would like the output some were easyer to find then going to the viewr program and looking it up.

A:chkdsk /f > C:\chkdsk.txt not working

Chkdsk puts its log in Event Viewer under Application.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/chkdsk-f-c-chkdsk-txt-not-working.887670/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello I ve been struggling with getting a simple InfoPath form to work with a test MS Access database I feel the best way to explain what I am doing is by giving you an example Background of scenario Lets say I am a distributor of gas cylinders I have different gas cylinders that I fill and send to customers When they are done with the gas they return the cylinders and I fill them back up Each cylinder has specific data related to each manufacturer serial specific cylinder ID and material of construction carbon steel stainless steel etc I have this data in my MS Access database in an individual table called quot CYLINDER DATA quot Every time I refill a cylinder I need to record the from another table, (same - table data 2007 one Retrieve data submit to InfoPath data date and measure the pressure and temperature among other things of the gas InfoPath 2007 - Retrieve data from one table, submit data to another table (same data in the cylinder This data along with the specific quot CYLINDER DATA quot at this date of measurement must be added as a new record in a different table called quot CYLINDER MEASUREMENTS quot in the same database What I would like to do So I want to create an InfoPath form for operators to use whenever they need to perform measurements on a newly filled cylinder So I created an InfoPath form that starts with a drop-down list box control that is populated with the different cylinder IDs A user would choose one of the quot cylinder IDs quot from the drop down list and then click quot retrieve data quot This would then populate the fields directly below manufacturer serial material of construction etc from the quot CYLINDER DATA quot table Below this section would be a section to quot fill in quot measurements to the quot CYLINDER MEASUREMENTS quot table It would have blank fields for quot pressure quot quot temperature quot quot date quot and other measurement fields Once filled in the operator would hit quot submit quot and a new record in the quot CYLINDER MEASUREMENTS quot table would be created This new record would included the everything populated on the InfoPath form the cylinder specific data AND the measurements on the given date What I ve tried doing I have my database set up in the two tables outlined above I created an InfoPath form with the quot CYLINDER DATA quot as the Main Connection I am easily able to retrieve cylinder specific data from the CYLINDER DATA table into my form by use of the queryfields and datafields However I cannot seem to get the quot submit quot to go to the quot CYLINDER MEASUREMENTS quot table The form seems to only want to submit to the quot CYLINDER DATA quot table I also tried making the quot CYLINDER MEASUREMENTS quot table the Main Connection so I could submit to it But then it seems that I cannot create a database query to quot retrieve quot data from the quot CYLINDER DATA quot table Where to go from here I am looking to get any insight from you to see how I can configure this appropriately to get what I need I also do not want the user to be able to change the data in the quot CYLINDER DATA quot table so I would likely have those fields quot read-only quot Any information support is appreciated Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/infopath-2007-retrieve-data-from-one-table-submit-data-to-another-table-same-data.987389/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have an entire column of data that I need in one cell. When combined I need each piece of data to be surrounded by " " and a , between each one.

results = "151","183","2001"

A:Solved: Excel Column of data place in one cell with "data", "data" results

ASAP's "Merge row data" ("Columns and rows" category) will do 99% of the work for you.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/

(edit: "entire column" -- do you mean full from top to bottom? )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-column-of-data-place-in-one-cell-with-data-data-results.975601/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi laptop , safe Start , safe mode hangs , Older w at networking windows normally Guys n Gals my name is Mark I have an old laptop I am trying to get going it has never been online so its not a virus and the cd rom does not work and no USB sticks have ever been plugged in all it was used for was playing bejewelled the old one and windows games not pad then kind of tasks once shut down moved to new place unpacked it would not start up by this I mean the screen that shows up usually after a improper shut-down Safe mode Safe mode with network Start windows normally that screen no Older laptop hangs at , Start windows normally , safe mode , safe w networking matter what selection I make it freezes there and I can no longer move or alt cntr del nothing works power button also Its so old i cant figure out how to boot from usb as the cd rom does not work I thought I figured it out but it kept bringing me to the start normally safe mode safe mode with networking screen after seconds of black screen witch is the reason I thought it was working because generally when I boot other computers the screen goes black with the small flashing thing in the corner for a few seconds then starts booting windows but this one brought me to that menu then froze here is a pic of the menu i speak of ACER TravelMate Series MODEL ZL Thank you very much for reading my post Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596306/older-laptop-hangs-at-start-windows-normally-safe-mode-safe-w-networking/
Relevancy 33.54%

I was browsing the internet the other runs mode..no even virus' reboots found redirects in in in normal safe, safe, Only day when I clicked on a link and my computer shut down I immediately knew Only runs in safe, redirects even in safe, reboots in normal mode..no virus' found it Only runs in safe, redirects even in safe, reboots in normal mode..no virus' found was a bad link My computer rebooted and it wouldn't let me on IE after that at all I then did a restore to the previous day I was about to get online so I went and downloaded Kaspersky IS and scanned my computer My laptop messed up and rebooted itself Then got Anti-Malware Bytes in Safe mode and ran a scan still had issues Kaspersky not running right and my computer freezing after just a couple of minutes Went back and did a restore again to the same spot and this time said forget Kaspersky and jsut did AMWB It showed my computer is clean yet about minutes after booting my computer reboots and the safe mode option pops up I can run ok in safe mode but cannot get it to work in normal mode I did trend micros housecall and another online scanner and all say my computer is clean Yet when I start IE I am redirected on every link I click to scour or another site with links on it Any help is greatly appreciated as well as a recommendation for a better Anti-virus I jsut had McAfree that came with this laptop Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Internet Explorer Run by Mom at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C windows system wininit exe C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows Explorer EXE C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C windows system conhost exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google com uStart Page hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig redirectdomain brand TSNA amp bmod TSNA uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie mDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig redirectdomain brand TSNA amp bmod TSNA mStart Page hxxp www google com ig redirectdomain brand TSNA amp bmod TSNA uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB D C F- A- -A AD- D - No File mRun lt NO NAME gt mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorUser x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x IE Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - c windows system GPhotos scr IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra mif ba office EXCEL EXE IE Google Sidewiki - c program files google google toolbar component GoogleToolbarDynamic mui en D B AC dll cmsidewiki html IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - c program files windows live writer WriterBrowserExtension dll Trusted Zone adobe com www DPF C FEAE- - - C - A A - hxxp www facebook com fbplugin win axfbootloader cab DPF D A- - C-BEE -AFECE D - hxxp upload facebook com controls ... Read more

A:Only runs in safe, redirects even in safe, reboots in normal mode..no virus' found

oh and Malwarebytes did block a 91-207-192-22 port 49179 svchost.exe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/only-runs-in-safe-redirects-even-in-safe-reboots-in-normal-mode-no-virus-found-581990.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello I have two problems I have a lot of scanning data all date and time stamped All the scans show different status of shipped packages all shipments have unique ID but there are multiple scans data export from macro to second Solved: excel ACCESS: and Show latest data on route for all Solved: ACCESS: Show second latest data and export data to excel from macro of them to track the packages I want to find all the packages for which there was quot misdirected quot scan then for all of them show the scan before So the end result would be all the scans that show for each package where it was misdirected the terminal of the scan before the misdirect scan I want to automate this run queries every two hours between am and pm copy and paste all results into Excel to specified areas e g first query results to A second to A third to A etc or onto different tabs save as csv to a specific folder then send it as attachment to a given e-mail address Even partial solution can be good I only know macros somewhat not as much VBA so I tried that with the TransferSpreadsheet command but can t get it work Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: ACCESS: Show second latest data and export data to excel from macro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-show-second-latest-data-and-export-data-to-excel-from-macro.942280/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi everyone, my software(data acquisition software) works well and saves data in the folder with full control permissions, but when I try to save my data in the restricted folder(only delete permission is denied) it displays an error access denied.
Is there any workaround to disable the delete option and keeping the normal functioning of software intact, as my intention is to allow the users to generate the data and restricting them from deleting the generated data
Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/026639d7-2c52-4c20-aca4-d5e6675b5611/if-i-setup-folder-restrictions-i-am-unable-to-save-data-through-the-data-acquisition-software?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi there I don t have enough experience in VBA excel or word and would you mind helping for the following Q The below macro code add row below the last row And Would Data to sheet as Form Excel data doc as Import Entry database from word you mind telling me what is the Import data from word doc as Data Entry Form to Excel sheet as database code that can add row for word document table between the last row and the row before the last ActiveDocument Tables Rows Add Q My second question is related to export import between two different programs or files Excel and word document Would you mind providing me the proper code for Wordtable copy Workbook xls - sheet past speical value Suppose the word tables excel workbookD sheet are as follow Table in word document -------------------- Cell - Cell Cell - Cell -------------------- Table in Word document ------------------------------------ Cell - Cell - Cell Cell - Cell - Cell ------------------------------------ WorkbookD xls Sheet Rows Column A B C D wt Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell How I write a macro to make the value or text in Cell in word table to be copied and past in Cell A in sheet of WorkbookD xls and the value or text of the range from Cell to Cell of table or word doc to be copied and past in sheet of WorkbookD xls from range B for n rows in table and table of word doc Thanks Hamdy quot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-data-from-word-doc-as-data-entry-form-to-excel-sheet-as-database.886270/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have an android phone with data and an app called pdanet+. However, my phone isn't compatible with the wifi hotspot feature of the app. Therefore, I decided to use the Bluetooth internet feature of planet+, but it won't show up on my iPhone. Does anyone know what jailbreak tweak I can get to be able to make the connection between the phones?

A:How do I Bluetooth tether an android with data (using pdanet+) to an iPhone 4 w/o data (jail broken)

BTW, I've already tried ibluever from Cydia but it shuts down my wifi connection; the app needs wifi to activate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-bluetooth-tether-an-android-with-data-using-pdanet-to-an-iphone-4-w-o-data-jail-broken.215114/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello,

I have a number of devices connected to my virgin router, via wireless and lan.

I was wondering if their was software that exists, that allows you to monitor the speed, traffic, and what kind of bandwidth each device is getting from the router, speed etc too .

Many thanks,

Stuart

A:software to monitor devies on network, data speeds, data usage ?

Since no one has replied. Here`s a google of programs.

Google

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285074-software-monitor-devies-network-data-speeds-data-usage.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hiya

The Microsoft Data Analyzer design and create data cubes article sample files provides sample source data for creating data cubes from text files. Use this file in conjunction with the article Design and Create Data Cubes from Text Files.

http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/daCubePrinciples.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/downloa...seID=43350&area=search&ordinal=12&redirect=no

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-analyzer-3-5-design-and-create-data-cubes-sample-files.97614/
Relevancy 33.54%

HELP PLEASE !!!!

I have attached a sample excel document
Basically each morning I receive a .txt file and I export it to excel.
I have a macro which deletes blank rows and therefore tidies the file up somewhat as the size is humungous!
There will be approximately 1000 brach i.d.'s on a daily basis within my file, but I have provided a few in the sample excel doc.
Within my attachment I have highlighted a specific branch and the information that comes with it. I only need part of the information (therefore many rows can be deleted within each branch i.d.

Please review the attached sample and keep in mind the following:

1. I need to keep the branch i.d. at the top of each section
2. I really only require the information that relates to "outstanding" and the few subsequent rows beneath

Can someone please assist??? I would be very appreciative

A:Need Help with wriitng Macro/code to rid unwanted data and retain specific data

I think this macro will work for you, though with dates involved, you never know.

BTW, I suggest that next time, Excel related threads should be started in the Business Applications section. You get help there sooner. Maybe better help as well.

Jimmy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-wriitng-macro-code-to-rid-unwanted-data-and-retain-specific-data.710324/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi everyone My external USb Wd mybook box has tb Seagate Sata and i use original Wd disc as W installed in My PC Case as sata II Today my old problem appears again as Corrupted disc I recovery external Data data but problem, space. Can reach no corrupted have Get Data Back NTFS and i used before plenty of times for recovery loss data or unwanted deletions but This time im stuck Becouse the disk i try to recover includes gb about used disk space only audio files only gb about empty space Thats too big for me to recover to other disks i don't have enough spaces that my other disks can handle I have about gb FREE disk space in several disks or partitions include My thinkpad SL Notebook Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. --------- So my question is wit keeping my lost data in corrupted disk first can i take them slowly to this gb spaces i know i can and after create somehow emty space deleting those recovered gb on corrupted disk and use that empty space for more recovery Or smilar solutions Becouse DISC PRICES IS HEAVY nowadays and really i'm out of budget with buying some equipments upgrades ---------- IS THERE Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. ANY PRACTICALLY POSSIBLE SOLUTION even can take very long time Like creating slowly slowly some extra spaces don't know how I know i look silly in Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. situation becouse i know u should never write to same disc if you dont want to say goodbye to your files E-how happened not necessary to read these part according my experiences Thats the mistakes DOn't do those at the same time After Letting my Share program DC took big share space on that disk today -there were people downloading from my disk and don't know why i did that -i used heavly that disk to tag amp rename my music -Also let windows seven index -and also let my dc indexes my share I did these things at the same time disks was working My Downloads were happening another disk but it didnt help there were no any problems im just suspicious about some virus worked on this corruption but i don't have enough clue to say that Seems overload processes made this corruption Also one more mistake i made even i know shouldnt that there was a single folder with about gb value in my musics as jukebox folder Also don't do that normally i allow for download and upload only single disk for example gb Anyway somehow after restarting my OS i suddenly see half of my data was gone from TB disk and stupidly unlike other times while using get data back i tried to write a little amount from lost data to free space on same disc then immediately i gave up but this time disk become unstable Completly corrupted after restart my restart reasons are immediate quit for suspicious virus etc with using removal batch files becouse i SO as classic sorry to take ur time and PLEASE Help

A:Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space.

Hi,

Before you write more data or attempt to read data from the drive through Windows, I would suggest using a Live CD like SysRescueCD to boot from and access the HDD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213342-data-recovery-problem-can-reach-corrupted-data-but-no-external-space.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I am an absolute begineer in MS Access Will try to put my question as simply n clearly as possible I have designed a database to keep history of our company s projects The Master Project History Table contains fields including Project Ref Project Title Project Budget and Project Year The users are expected to populate the table through Master Project HistoryForm The key field is set as Project Ref Some of the projects are combined with each other and to display this info Master Project History Form also has the fields Project Ref- Project Title- Project Budget- and Project Year- I am loking for a code for the On Update event that will fetch and display data in Project Title- Project Budget- and Project Year- fields when Project Ref- is updated Please note that all this info is coming from the same Master Project History Table My IT guys told me to use a code with variable for each field that goes something like this to update Project Title- field Dim varX As Variant varX DLookup quot Project Title quot quot Master Project History Table quot quot Project Ref quot amp Forms Master Project History Form Project Ref- Me Project Title- varX And then repeat for each other field by defining new variables The above is not working giving syntex errors etc Will appreciate help from fellow members nbsp

A:MS Access: Updating Data In One Field Should Update Data In All Relevant Fields

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-access-updating-data-in-one-field-should-update-data-in-all-relevant-fields.802904/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi all,
Can someone help me with this issue in the Crystal Report

I am using Crystal Report 2011 and Oracle database.
My query is to output some columns in 2 different table(A,B).
After run query, there is 126,978 rows in the result.
In table A, there are 36 different types. The result shows same
in the Oracle Sql Development and Crystal Report (126,978 rows).
it also shows 36 different types in the details section. But when I right click
on that column, there is 23 different types and missing other 13 types.
I tried many ways but without successful (still missing).
Is there any problem with the software? Data missing hence I cannot create correct
dynamic parameter. If it does not show all 36 different type, then my query possibly
wrong, but it can show in the details section, then browse data option should show all 36 types right?
Do you have any idea to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crystal-report-missing-data-in-the-browse-data-under-database-fields.1111833/
Relevancy 33.54%

Excel 2003 SP3
Could anybody suggest a way, using whatever method you prefer to copy existing data to another tab, but have the data go transparent by 50%(or thereabouts, so you can just see it), but keep the headings normal font.
Thanks

A:Solved: Excel 2003 help to copy data to new tab and make data transparent

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2003-help-to-copy-data-to-new-tab-and-make-data-transparent.807436/
Relevancy 33.54%

When i export my inventory from my DB into an excel file my trailer brands are listed as they are in my DB of course But when i bulk upload them with XML feed to trailer inventory sites HTW com amp HTT com for our example here My inventory is listed on their site but it s not searchable because the brand search is a Replace with similar - sample data required Solved: Formula? Excel my data or -Macro drop down Solved: Excel -Macro or Formula? Replace my data with similar required data - sample menu on these sites Say i goto HTW com and do a search for Blue Ribbon trailers none of my blue ribbon trailers show up because all of Solved: Excel -Macro or Formula? Replace my data with similar required data - sample mine are listed as BLUE RIBBON TRAILERS LTD and the site is searching for Blue Ribbon and although they are the same trailer brand HTW com does not see them What i m looking for is maybe a Macro or even formula that once i tell it what site i m working on will go through my list and replace all my spellings with the proper ones for that site Attached is an XLS file with columns the first is my list as is from my DB the other columns are the proper spelling for each corresponding site Excel s find and replace feature is a VERY crude fix to this but since it s so time consuming it s NOT a viable solution Any takers Slurpee Zack Anyone nbsp

A:Solved: Excel -Macro or Formula? Replace my data with similar required data - sample

for the record, a complete solution would be GREAT, but not necessary...
I just need someone to point me in the right direction and maybe a small working sample of like 5 brands and i'll expand the list from there...

cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-or-formula-replace-my-data-with-similar-required-data-sample.974275/
Relevancy 33.54%

University of Illinois engineers developed fiber-optic technology that can transmit data at a blazing-fast 57 gigabits per second, without errors

Feng?s group has been pushing VCSEL technology to higher speeds in recent years, and in 2014 was the first group in the U.S. to achieve error-free data transmission at 40 gigabits per second (denoted as Gbps). Now, in a series of conference papers, they report 57 Gbps error-free data transmission at room temperature, as well as 50 Gbps speeds at higher temperatures up to 85 degrees Celsius (185 degrees Fahrenheit).

Achieving high speeds at high temperatures is very difficult, Feng said, due to the nature of the materials used, which prefer lower temperatures. However, computing components grow warm over extended operation, as anyone who has worked on an increasingly heated laptop can attest.

https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/341965

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45167-record-speed-data-transmission-could-make-big-data-more-accessible.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a spreadsheet that contains formulas. I want a macro that will copy the data only in that cell with the formula and paste only the data in another cell.

I have been scratching my head for a little bit on this one.

Thanks

A:Excel - copying data and pasting data in a formula cell

If I understand correctly, you can actually avoid using copy altogether.

Let's say you have the value 50 in A1 and the formula =A1*2 in A2. The following macro would copy A2 to D2:

Sub Macro1()
Selection.Copy
Range("D2").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

but because the formula uses relative references, the resultant formula (in D2) would be =D1*2.

So what you could do instead -- using a single command only -- is:

Range("D2").Value = Range("A2").Value

HTH,
bomb

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-copying-data-and-pasting-data-in-a-formula-cell.512540/
Relevancy 33.54%

Ok running windows xp home on a peer to peer network Have done avast antivirus and ad won't & Application open Blah! Data Outlook Folder Gone Data aware scans Blah! Application Data Folder Gone & Outlook Data won't open Friday my computer locked up dang farmville I got impatient and did a hard reboot holding the power button down Quickbooks also was open When it rebooted it did the blue screen Stack rebuild thing Now MS Outlook can t open the data files and Blah! Application Data Folder Gone & Outlook Data won't open the quickbooks data file also appears to have been corrupted An interesting thing - we have the carbonite internet backup service Unfortunately it seems to overwrite and not make any kind of incremental backups so once it s backed up that s the file you can restore I was hoping to try to find a file that had been backed up in the morning instead of right around the time I had the problem Anyway when I browse to look at the user documents and settings folder on the BACKUP it Blah! Application Data Folder Gone & Outlook Data won't open shows the application data and local settings folders as normal On the computer those folders are now MISSING I uploaded a screen shot on our website http www domesticunity com tempfiles html sadly too big to attach Any idea of a simple way to fix this I looked online and Microsoft Outlook stores the data in personal pst - that file also appears to be missing Thanks nbsp

A:Blah! Application Data Folder Gone & Outlook Data won't open

Got it figured out.

Was able to restore a recent backup from the Carbonite service of my quickbooks file and only had to redo one day of entries.

Then did some more looking at Outlook threads on the net and first found out how to unhide hidden folders - the Application Data and Local Settings folders were hidden. Then found a thread about a scanpst.exe utility that repairs outlook data files.

Now it seems I'm back up and running!

Thanks for trying to help! Even tho no one had magic answers yet, I can see people cared and looked at my problems.

We are NOT alone! LOL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blah-application-data-folder-gone-outlook-data-wont-open.994273/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hiya gang I need to know where I went wrong and for someone to point me in the right direction for a plausible solution Here is my task at hand Our database crashed and we lost data I don t want to loose the data we have already inputted since the crash however there is missing data I loaded up the last best known back up of our database to recover Data Update From Query a Solved: Field Compare Data the lost data So far so good I have done the following below Exported field from one db be mdb file Imported field to new db Solved: Update Data From a Compare Data Field Query be mdb file Run Query to compare data and fill any missing fields with corresponding data In essence I am attempting to replace data from a compare data field query in access Listed below are the web links I used to create the process above Export a database object to another Access database http office microsoft com en-us a t-to-another-access-database-HA aspx Compare two tables and find records w o matches http office microsoft com en-us a find-records-without-matches-HA aspx Update data from one table to another http office microsoft com en-us access-help update-data-by-using-a-query-HA aspx Here is my code UPDATE tblFILES-Feb LEFT JOIN tblFILES ON tblFILES-Feb PATTMNO tblFILES PATTMNO SET tblFILES PATTMNO tblFILES-Feb PATTMNO WHERE tblFILES PATTMNO Is Null When I run the update query I receive the error below Mircrosoft Office Access didn t update field s due to type conversion failure record s due to key violations record s due to key violations record s due to lock violations and record s due to validation rule violations Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which
one would you choose or which one did you choose? I want to purchase a serious data recovery program for personal business use.

A:Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which

you can try the trial of both products which give you a taste of what the programme is like  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573327/minitool-power-data-recovery-or-runtime-get-data-back-which/
Relevancy 33.54%

Howdy.

PROBLEM
I have user & desktop folders on two partitions (i.e. two separate sets of each). I want to change the default desktop and also the default partition selected when I save a file.

BACKGROUND
My ACER came with the disk divided into C: and D:, labeled as Acer and Data, respectively. All my programs and boot are in C; I want all my data in D: I want the desktop that appears when I boot up to default to the desktop in D and for the computer to default to D when I save files. (Currently the computer defaults to the desktop and save path in C.) I want the boot, OS, and apps to remain in C (unless someone advises differently). Disk Manager gives the following info:

C:Simple, basic, NTFS, healthy (system, boot, page file, active, crash dump, primary partition)
D: Simple, basic NTFS, healthy (primary partition)

SYSTEM
Vista Basic Home, 32-bit.

Thank you!

A:How make data partition default for desktop and filing data?

richc46 has just replied:

I think that this should help you saving to a default location
User Folders - Change Default Location - Windows 7 Forums (http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/18629-user-folders-change-default-location.html)
Works equally well with Vista

Thank you, RichC46.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284808-how-make-data-partition-default-desktop-filing-data.html
Relevancy 33.54%

This is sort of a follow-up to here Manycam does not broadcast sound how do I fix this Since it is locked and this issue is different am making a new thread Basically most cam sites have you configure cam feed and microphone feed differently Even if you have a camera with a built-in microphone this is sensed as inputs into the computer and you select them separately In addition to being able to alter and do tricks with my web camera input ManyCam is also able to use video files as if there ManyCam data a broadcasted? to microphone Is video up data with way hook being they were a web cam feed This allows for example me to play a Is there a way to hook up microphone data with video data being ManyCam broadcasted? previously recorded video of myself or a clip from a cartoon I like and broadcast it to someone I'm talking to like say TinyChat or Stickam While this happens I can hear the sound from the file I am playing because it plays concurrently in ManyCam even as ManyCam's content is sensed and broadcast through a web page or instant messenger Basically I would like to broadcast the sound too through a microphone feed but I don't know how to do that through software alone So what I've been doing is putting a microphone next to my speakers and having it record the broadcasted music Clearly this reduces quality and it necessitates both playing audio out loud not an option if I want to be quiet and use ear phones and also risks recording myself when I only want people to hear the audio from the file So what I'm wondering is is there a way for ManyCam to do this It's clearly able to play the sound but it seems to be solely for my benefit and I can't figure out how to export a microphone-type feed for the computer to sense as an input option for webcam chat rooms If MC can't do this I'm wondering if anyone knows any other kind of free software that does Broadcasting audiovisual files as if they were cam and microphone and having the computer sense it that way as MC does with the video portion of the file already is something I think would be cool to do

A:Is there a way to hook up microphone data with video data being ManyCam broadcasted?

Manycam not broadcast sound and you can't fix it , they not support sound , but i can give you solution i found program name SplitCam this software have same functions like manycam and little more . and its support sound split and mix and stream. i recommend it .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/is-there-a-way-to-hook-up-microphone-data-with-video-data-being-manycam-broadcasted-604295.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Basically I have a situation where users are creating data tables in Microsoft Word using the creating table functionality, and are then resquesting that the data will be imported into a single Microsoft Database field.

Please could someone show me the best way of doing this!!!!!!

Cheers !!!

A:Importing Table Data Into Multiple Access Field Data?

Do you mean they're creating, say, a 3-row by 3-column table and then they want to import everything in that one table into a single field? a single record?

Out of curiosity, what happens if you copy and paste, perhaps with an intermediate step through Excel?

Also, is there a reason why your users cannot work directly in Access?

More details, please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/importing-table-data-into-multiple-access-field-data.105573/
Relevancy 33.54%

hi i have a scSi disk GB i [Hard header sql recovery] data Drive / extractors data lost information from it and tried to recover with other recovery softwares to no avail finally i got winhex amp got the professional licence i can now data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] be able to see all the information on the whole NTFS partition but the problem is that i data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] can t be able to recover it when ever i open the logical drive i can see all the information and most of the information is stack up in a quot free space quot which is around gb which i can be able to see has all the information that i need i have tried to recover the free space but its only copied to the location that i specify and no recoveries are made recovering the files by type name has bore no fruits a freind told me i have to curve out that area and use data extractors to get the information out of that area freee space the information in that drive are sql data bases and zip files whats the header for sql what techniques do i use to curve out that space and be abele to extract the information for i can even read the information in text format which are the data extractors available in the market kindly assist its quite urgent i get this information out nbsp

A:data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery]

I don't know where this thread properly belongs -- but I suspect the question may be too esoteric for most here.

Since it involves data recovery from a hard drive I'm going to move it to Hardware, I think "all other software" is not likely to have anyone with this type of experience.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-extractors-sql-header-hard-drive-data-recovery.438131/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have an external data range importing data (Access DB via file DSN) into an Excel spreadsheet.
My problem is date/currency fields in Access do not format properly after refreshing. Most of the time the fields default to a general.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 33.54%

I am a beginner with tablets and networking. This should be an easy answer.

I have a new tablet. TCL 9020A Android ver 5.0. This is thru At&t network LTE cellular data. My question is, can I use wifi to save on data usage? I have this tablet and Galaxy S5 that both have mobile hotspots available.

Do hotspots use more data? Is there an app available to reduce data usage while on the internet?
Is there any way to get cheaper wifi than paying for tons of data use?

I downloaded the TSG sysinfo utility but my at&t Trek HD would not let me open it. Please advise.

I love this site. I have learned a lot. Thank you.

A:new tablet on data plan want to use free wifi save data

Yes, if you use your own WiFi network or free WiFi hotspots, you won't be using your cellular data. You can connect to those in your wireless network settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-tablet-on-data-plan-want-to-use-free-wifi-save-data.1152577/
Relevancy 33.54%

I just got my computer up and running yesterday, but I've noticed this screen when I turn it on. It pops up before the OS loads. My computer is running just fine, but this is just kind of an annoyance to see. Is there any way to remove it? I've got a Gigabyte ga-ma790fxt-ud5p and running Windows 7 Home Premium.

A:How to remove the screen that shows "AMD Data Change... Update New Data To DMI!"?

This is a message from your motherboard, not windows 7.

Did you enter the BIOS (settup) and load the default settings? Or change any other settings?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272582/how-to-remove-the-screen-that-shows-amd-data-change-update-new-data-to-dmi/
Relevancy 33.54%

I need a spreadsheet that will match data in column A. Any time a specific work order number is entered/repeted in that column, and the numbers are entered under each shift, the totals will automatically subtract from the "orders to complete" . It will be a running total subtracting from the Orders to Complete column.wk order # Orders to Complete shift 1 shift 2 shift 3 shift 4 tot orders completed1234 200 10 10 20 30 70456 50 2 2 2 2 8987 500 10 0 0 0 10 1234 0 0 10 50 60987 20 20 20 20 80456 5 5 5 5 20

A:How to Match data, create formula&calculate if data matches

You didn't include any Column Letters or Row Numbers, so I am going to assume that your data looks like this:
A B C D E F
1 wk order # # of wk ordrs shift1 shift2 shift3 tot ordr cmplt
2 1234 200 10 10 20 40
3 456 100 2 2 2 6
4 987 550 20 50 41 111
5 456 20 10 40 70
6 987 10 10 10 30
7 1234 20 5 40 65Based on that table, enter this formula in G2 and drag it down:=B2-SUMIF($A$2:$A$7,A2,$F$2:$F$7)which should give you this:
A B C D E F G
1 wk order # # of wk ordrs shift1 shift2 shift3 tot ordr cmplt orders rem
2 1234 200 10 10 20 40 95
3 456 100 2 2 2 6 24
4 987 550 20 50 41 111 409
5 456 20 10 40 70
6 987 10 10 10 30
7 1234 20 5 40 65Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.message edited by DerbyDad03

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-to-match-data-create-formulacalculate-if-data-matches/19857.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which
one would you choose or which one did you choose? I want to purchase a serious data recovery program for personal business use.

A:Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which

Hi

Both are good programs and i would recommend purchasing both ( if you can afford ). Both has it's own pros and cons.
"GetDataBack" is good at virtual reconstruction of damage/unrecognizable file systems but i personally found it weak at recovering image files. It recovers images but most of them seems to be corrupted in my testings. Also you need to purchase seperate versions for FAT and NTFS ( GetDataBack simple is garbage ).

On the other hand, "Power data Recovery" works with both FAT and NTFS and it is better at recovering image files. Another proven tools is "R-Studio" which has quiet good reputation among DR professionals. It's user interface is not newbie friendly but has lot's of options which no other tools offers.

Data Recovery from an External Disk with a Damaged File System

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/367221-minitool-power-data-recovery-runtime-get-data-back.html
Relevancy 33.54%

In preparations for upgrading from Win to Win I want to make sure I don't lose any essential program data Most of my data files word processing graphics etc are not located on the C-drive where my OS is located so they aren't the issue However as I recall the last time I had to install an OS long time ago there were other files that were saved automatically by various programs that were located in the Windows folder or elsewhere on the C-drive that were generated by the etc.) C-Drive (app up fonts, Win10 - data, for backing Data Prep programs - profiles saves etc - including Application Data and other stuff needed by the programs and things like font files Some of them are pretty easy to locate and backup font files custom sounds etc but I'm always uncertain about whether or not I have all I need Is there some way to backup all of those kinds of files without simply backing up the whole C-drive including Windows then if I need them later going looking for them My computer is home built and the primary drive C-drive is a GM SSD Windows and a few of the programs I use a lot are located there for speed Other programs are located in a partition on a much larger traditional HD with data files on another partition of that drive Backup Prep for Win10 - backing up C-Drive Data (app data, fonts, etc.) will be to a TB drive on a server on my LAN Thanks Optiker

A:Prep for Win10 - backing up C-Drive Data (app data, fonts, etc.)

I still think it be easier to use Reflect that you can find in my sig as you can mount that image and find what you need after. Of course this is still an image of the the ssd. you could choose to take only the partition with windows on it though, if you do the whole drive you can come back from an upgrade snafoo.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/377185-prep-win10-backing-up-c-drive-data-app-data-fonts-etc.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I want to back up my desktop Dell Win XP hard drive personal data to a Seagate FreeAgent Go 320GB external drive. I would like to know, When I backup data this time, will it overwrite the data from a previous file backup? Will it "append"(?) or add to(?) the first data backup or will I loose that data?

In other words, does the Seagate FreeAgent Backup overwrite the current data with the new data?

I tried many searches without results. (as well as different ways of asking the same question )
Thanks for your time.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1022 Mb
Graphics Card: RADEON X300 Series, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152578 MB, Free - 86032 MB; G: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 243478 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0U7077
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Does Seagate FreeAgent 250gb overwrite the current data with the new data?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-seagate-freeagent-250gb-overwrite-the-current-data-with-the-new-data.1082016/