Windows Support Forum

Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue

Q: Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue

HI all I am having problems detecting the Xonar Pheobus and have tried all and 5 Rampage Asus Phoebus Xonar issue Asus Extreme the pcie slots with no luck Red and the grey - even the shorter grey slot Have disabled the motherboard s HD onboard Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue sound too and still not detected in my devices The pcie cable is connected to the sound card and I have enough PSU to power all - Enermax W When the card is inserted to the grey slots - The red light Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue is seen through the control extension box Headphone Microphone Connector Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue box jack ports However the green light is NOT seen AND the Xonar Phoebus logo on the card itself is lit powered up However when I insert the card into the red pcie slots these lights are not on One this else I noticed is the card DOES go warm over some time so tells me it is not switched off I tried to install the driver and I get a message no card detected etc etc Is there anyone kind enough to advise me their BIOS settings etc who has managed to get the Xonar to work properly Did you have to adjust any BIOS settings from default to get the card to be recognised Printscreens would be cool if it is not too much of a bother Thank you in advance Kind regards Killershadow nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue

The question(s) I have is ->
Am I missing anything when attempting to install the sound card? I have tried with no GPU drivers (including the Nvidia sound for the GTX 750 ti sc) / disabled onboard HD sound and still the sound card not detected.
Even in this motherboard, it should detect the sound card regardless of what sound source is set as default and then allow me to install it and set it as default (without messing about with the BIOS)?
Maybe my sound card has died when moving it from the last computer - Static death.....................
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-phoebus-and-asus-rampage-5-extreme-issue.208076/
Relevancy 107.26%

I'm using a Razer Tiamat Headset with this soundcard Set Phoebus Asus Up Help/Confirmation Xonar and want to make sure I properly have it set up as surround sound I have the pink jack in mic green jack in HP out orange jack in Ctr Sbw black jack in rear and grey jack in side Now in the manual for set up It has the Front out Ctr Sbw Rear and Side highlighted to be plugged in Would I plug my green jack into Front out Because I only have jacks in total Also is there a way to check if my OS is configured to Normally I go into the Control Panel and under Sound I right click on my Playback devices and choose configure which allows me to set it to Currently in Sound under Playback Asus Xonar Phoebus Set Up Help/Confirmation Headphones Asus Xonar Phoebus is highlighted and selected as the default but it does not have a configure option when I right click it There's also nothing in Asus Xonar Phoebus Set Up Help/Confirmation the Phoebus software regarding what kind of surround sound setup I would like

A:Asus Xonar Phoebus Set Up Help/Confirmation

Go to Dev Mgr - is there a yellow mark by the headset?

Even if not, uninstall the headset, reboot and plug in again and it should find the necessary drivers.

After you click, "set as default", the Configure button should activate - left click and choose 7.1.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/307445-asus-xonar-phoebus-set-up-help-confirmation.html
Relevancy 104.16%

Have a II cooling NB issue Rampage Asus X58 Extreme, problem here with my Asus Rampage II Extreme X the NB temp is pending from to celsius And the PC auto shuts down at Temp on CPU Temp on SB Temp on MB Temp on NB I have all my fans on full now and I innstalled an extra to get the temp down to for now And I get these tempratures on startup in the BIOS And the Bios is sett to deafult settings So somthing is completly off here Any ide what to do PC spec Antec Twelve Hundred Corsair Powersupply W Black Asus Rampage II Extreme, X58 NB cooling issue ATX Bulk mm Fan xSATA SLI Asus Rampage II Extreme X Socket- DDR ATX SLI amp CrossFireX xPCI-Ex Corsair XMS DDR MHz GB CL x Kit Asus Rampage II Extreme, X58 NB cooling issue w x GB XMS modules CL - - - Intel Core i Quad Processor i - GT sec MB Boxed XFX GeForce GTX M GB PhysX CUDA PCI-Express quot XXX quot xDVI HDMI HDCP Samsung SpinPoint F TB SATA x MB RPM Cooler Master V CPU Cooler Socket AM AM - dBA PWM VR nbsp

A:Asus Rampage II Extreme, X58 NB cooling issue

possibly a defective mobo. but check to make sure the NB sink is secure anyways

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-rampage-ii-extreme-x58-nb-cooling-issue.870505/
Relevancy 93%

Hey guys can someone recommend a ram kit for ASUS Rampage Extreme Motherboard, 1333MHZ or 1600MHZ preferably 8GB Total (4 x 2GB) my budget is around $400 and I need High Performance Ram. I don't do gaming but I do run multiple apps across 4 monitors using two 9800GTX+ in NON SLI which can be a bit demanding.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-ram-should-i-get-for-asus-rampage-extreme.764477/
Relevancy 92.07%

My roommate received an ASUS Rampage II Extreme motherboard along with a Core i7 from NCIX today. All went well except he has no sound. I noticed the board was supposed to come with a SupremeFX sound card, but it didn't. Does this board have any sort of onboard audio? Everything I've checked doesn't give me a straight answer. If this is in the wrong section, mods can you please move it? Thanks.

A:ASUS Rampage II Extreme sound

That SupremeFX "sound card" is the onboard sound. It isn't a true sound card and nothing more than a riser card containing the onboard sound.

I would start with contacting where the board came from and see if they still have the card. failing that you can order one from Asus for $45.00,

Supreme FX X-Fi

Personally if you can't get it from where the board came from I would go with an actual sound card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/173597-asus-rampage-ii-extreme-sound.html
Relevancy 91.14%

I recently purchased am Asus Rampage III Extreme mobo for my first enthusiast build in several years, and I have some questions about which memory its compatible with.

On newegg, the specifications state that these frequencies will work: DDR3 2200(O.C.) / 2133(O.C.) / 2000(O.C.) / 1800(O.C.) / 1600 / 1333 / 1066.

Does that mean that I can put DDR2200 memory in that mobo, or that I can overclock DDR1600 up to 1800, 2000, 2133, or 2200?

Thanks for your help!

A:Asus Rampage III Extreme memory compatibility

The overclock RAM bandwidth is dependant upon overclocking the CPU for the most part since CPU and RAM frequency are linked by fixed divider ratio's. Overclocking RAM is usually a by-product of overclocking the CPU.
If you are looking to get the RAM to DDR3-1866+ speeds you should be looking for a faster kit. DDR3-1600 in general will not reach past 1900 for the most part*- if it did then it would be sold as a faster kit.
Buying a DDR3-2000 kit (for example) gives supposed headroom for overclocking, plus has the standard JEDEC RAM profiles embedded within it (DDR3-1066, -1333, -1600) for operating with a non-overclocked CPU. This range of utilisation (along with the higher speed bin) is why faster kits sell for a premium.

* This is assuming the RAM is not over-volted. While the Core i7/i5 CPU's have a maximum memory voltage of 1.875v ( Intel spec pdf Table 2-6, pg.22), I believe any CPU damage that occurs using a voltage over Intel's 1.65v recommendation is not covered by warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-rampage-iii-extreme-memory-compatibility.151686/
Relevancy 91.14%

My friend has ASUS Rampage III Extreme motherboard which supports 3-way CrossFire. He owns 2x HD 5970 GPU's. He asked me can he run 3 HD 5970's in CF without melting, and without PSU problems. I told him probably not, but im not pro so im asking you guys...

A:ASUS Rampage III Extreme 3-Way CrossFireX HD 5970

What PSU does he have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-rampage-iii-extreme-3-way-crossfirex-hd-5970.148473/
Relevancy 91.14%

Hi all as above. I have read that my board does not support quad sli unless I buy some daughter board ?
I have 2 Nvidia 295 GTX graphics cards that have 2 pcb's per card. I will be using PCI-E slots 1 and 3.

Will this rig work please, or should I sell and go for another card ?

Thanks in advance

A:Asus Rampage Extreme III and 2 Nvidia 295 GTX will they work ?

Dirtbag

Looking at the link below . It does say you could use either SLI or Crossfire

ASUS - RAMPAGE III EXTREME

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/291806-asus-rampage-extreme-iii-2-nvidia-295-gtx-will-they-work.html
Relevancy 89.9%

Hello all this is my current build Sorry if I miss Rampage IV ASUS - Onboard not Sound Extreme working. anything I'm in a rush getting ready for the weekend ASUS Rampage Extreme IV BF Version Intel i ASUS DirectCUII HD ASUS Rampage Extreme IV - Onboard Sound not working. M Crucial SSD ASUS Rampage Extreme IV - Onboard Sound not working. NO SOUND CARD Just onboard Running Windows Ultimate bit My ASUS Rampage Extreme IV - Onboard Sound not working. problem is as the title states no sound what so ever just static through my headset or speakers tried both I have also changed BIOS settings to HDMI and all the other settings regarding the audio I have reformatted and installed windows again updated everything possible drivers and have changed options in playback settings All that shows up in Device Manager for Sounds is quot High Definition Audio Device quot and quot Realtek High Definition Audio quot My BIOS is also at the latest version I have already tried previous version and have had no luck with sound The only thing I have in device manager which is an unknown device states this in properties Port Hub I believe that is USB related though I've got a Razer Tiamat sat next to me begging to be used please help guys and girls Many thanks Sam

A:ASUS Rampage Extreme IV - Onboard Sound not working.

Anyone at all have any ideas?

Don't really fancy having to buy a soundcard considering i've heard the onboard sound is pretty good :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/236446-asus-rampage-extreme-iv-onboard-sound-not-working.html
Relevancy 89.9%

Hi
I've recently completed a PC build:

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard
Intel i7 4930k CPU
64GB Corsair DDR3 RAM
Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD
Samsung 840EVO 500GB SSD (boot drive)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX760
PSU: Corsair AX860
Windows 8.1

Machine started shutting down unexpectedly, and refusing to wake from sleep a few days after being built.

A few days later and the problem has got worse now - BSOD with various errors, such as MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE, and others. Oddly, desktop search has also stopped working.

I have updated the drivers and the BIOS, but this doesn't seem to have had any effect.

I'd be very grateful for any assistance anyone is able to offer! SF Debug Tool output attached.

Thanks
Paul

A:BSOD on new build Win8.1, ASUS Rampage IV Extreme

UPDATE: Left the PC running overnight in safe mode. This morning it was showing the login screen - presumably had suffered a BSOD during the night in safe mode...

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/48381-bsod-new-build-win8-1-asus-rampage-iv-extreme.html
Relevancy 88.97%

Asus Rampage IV Extreme Raid Problem Just got my new motherboard Got everything setup Installed my HDD and a brand new never used SSD Now this is were the fun starts I boot into Windows installer using a USB flash drive with SP already on it I have used this flash drive for installs for many years and I just used it last night on a project for someone else so I know it works So when I get to the part where Windows asks for the RAID drivers I put in the MB disk and select the drivers and after a few sec it comes up with the following error quot The Intel C series chipset SATA RAID controller c iaStorA inf device driver could not be installed quot Then I tried downloading the drivers from Asus website and tried that but still no go I just want this to work Ideas anyone My build is the same as listed except for the new CPU and MB Also I am using a Ati until I get this to work

A:Asus Rampage IV Extreme x79 Raid Problem (Can't Install Drivers)

Make sure you have the latest bios on your motherboard. Some people are saying you need a matching intel ROM with driver version, not sure if this is true or not but can't hurt to get them as close as possible. I have the intel rom 3.0.1.1370 and using the 3.0.0.3020 drivers without issue. Download the latest into RSTe drivers from intel. Extract the RSTe_f6_iaStorA_64 folder for x64 OS or 32 for x86. Put them on a flash drive. Install OS. At the prompt navigate to the drivers. Should be golden. GL.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/223781-asus-rampage-iv-extreme-x79-raid-problem-cant-install-drivers.html
Relevancy 88.97%

In the past 2 days I have been unable to get my onboard audio working. I tried reinstalling windows on another drive and still no success. It shows all of the ports as disconnected except for the Digital Audio out.

I tried updating the BIOS to the new .CAP format but with no success. Not sure what test to make to see if the sound chip went bad. Ideas?

A:Asus Rampage IV Extreme Realtek ALC898 Stopped working

I assume you have tried reinstalling the motherboard chipset drivers then the RealTek sound driver from ASUS?

Is there any error status for the RealTek in the Device Manager? Try the uninstall/reinstall and see what happens. Uninstall the RealTek in the Device Manager, DO NOT check the box to also uninstall the drivers, then restart the PC and Windows will detect and reinstall the sound.

I just built a system and used the H80 cooler. It was too noisy for my recording studio. I replaced the two cooling fans with "quiet" fans and fixed the noise problem. The quiet fans was the suggestion from Corsair tech support, that others had done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/243174-asus-rampage-iv-extreme-realtek-alc898-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 109.22%

So I am having an issue with the HDMI passthrough on my Asus HDAV 1.3. Sometimes it works fine, and then on a reboot it will decide to stop working. More rebooting/trying to detect monitors/changing resos or powercycling the reciever or TV it outputs to will allow & to detect it as a monitor.
Have updated drivers, both video and audio.
Have checked the settings (those I could find) in the HDAV software suite.

Should probably mention that audio does not work either. Leading me to suspect something with the sound card, likely driver related. Would like any suggestions, Thanks.

A:Video issue with Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3

Hi Kraknar, Welcome to the forums, have a look at this thread Asus Xonar D2X particulary the posts by chev65 it tells you how to set it up correctly ,its an older card but the principle is the same

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/124399-video-issue-asus-xonar-hdav-1-3-a.html
Relevancy 101.91%

Hi all i am scratching my head at what mobo to get i was serioulsy going towards the maximus formula cause it has cpu level up for overclocking but it has pcie 2.0 and i have an 8800 gtx will it be compatible? with 2.0 bus . if you guys could maybe give me the pros and cons of each board i could make up my mind cheers

A:Asus striker extreme or Asus maximus formula?

that is a new board and the 2.0 bus is what the new video cards are going to be coming out at and this board will work work with u're card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-striker-extreme-or-asus-maximus-formula.94396/
Relevancy 94.17%

I have received my custom build PC today with Asus Rampage V 3.1 running on Windows 8 Pro x64
When I tried to install a driver for LAN that was included in the CD came with the mother board, the installation program told me the following

Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer.

After that I went to Asus website and downloaded the driver for the LAN, however, the same problem appeared.

anyone with any idea?

A:Asus Rampage V 3.1 can not install LAN driver

Quote: Originally Posted by ugrank

I have received my custom build PC today with Asus Rampage V 3.1 running on Windows 8 Pro x64
When I tried to install a driver for LAN that was included in the CD came with the mother board, the installation program told me the following

Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer.

After that I went to Asus website and downloaded the driver for the LAN, however, the same problem appeared.

anyone with any idea?

Hi ugrank,

Welcome to the Seven Forums!

Unfortunately your problem is with the Windows 8 operating system, this forum is only for handling problems with the Windows 7 operating system.

Please can you repost this thread at our sister site: Windows 8 Forums - You will have to create a new account.

Post back here with a link to the new thread on Eight Forums and then use the Mark this thread as solved link at the top of your thread.

Thanks,

MistUnleashed

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/372739-asus-rampage-v-3-1-can-not-install-lan-driver.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi, I have a few quick questions about the RAM support of the Asus Rampage II.

I know it can support up to 1333MHz native, but if I throw some 1600MHz DDR3s in it will it run?

Also what would be the procedure in BIOS to get it overclocked to work? Would I just need to up the voltage to handle the RAM?

Im about 1 click away from ordering and then building my dream computer, and I wanted to make sure everything was sound and compatable before I dropped that much money on something that doesn't work.

Thanks.

A:Asus Rampage II with 1600MHz DDR3?

Hi

The links that follow are review of ASUS Rampage II Extreme Motherboard which hopefully will answer you Questions and doubts:

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1662/asus_rampage_ii_extreme_x58_motherboard/index.html
http://www.trustedreviews.com/motherboards/review/2008/11/06/Asus-Rampage-II-Extreme/p1

Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-rampage-ii-with-1600mhz-ddr3.127279/
Relevancy 94.17%

I purchased an open box Asus Rampage Formula motherboard from Newegg. There was no drivers disk included. I need to know which drivers do I need to download from the Asus website?

Relevancy 93.74%

Anyone have any Luck with this card. Just looking to get some feedback before I try out the new RC. Thanks.

A:Asus Xonar D2X

I'am running the Xonar D2 not the Dx2. The drivers aren't made for Windows 7 yet but still they work pretty well considering. The sound works fine and I now have all the mixer functions working as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/7975-asus-xonar-d2x.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I have the above card, and i cant get 5.1 sound through S/PDIF... I have the lateset drivers(its beta though) and my speakers are the Logitech Z-5500.. When i was using XP all was working perfect, but now i am getting 2.1 sound through S/PDIF and no sound through the single connection..

Thanks in advance

A:Asus Xonar DX Help

Not that it helps your problem, but any particular reason for using the optical connection over analogue? Reason for asking is that your sound card has a better DAC on it than what is in the Z5500, and you would get better sound using analogue (which would also solve your 5.1 problem )

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/30547-asus-xonar-dx-help.html
Relevancy 93.74%

which drivers are using, the ones off the asus website?

A:Asus Xonar D2

Yes they are from the Asus web site, painfully slow d/l. You can get the latest Windows 7 Xonar drivers> http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/39500-asus-xonar-d2.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi there,

Just got this soundcard for my desktop but not installed yet. I am installing it on a Win7 RC (x64) machine. Which driver should I use? Link please...

Anyone tried all the apps that comes with it? Do they all work on the x64 or should I just skip?m for now?

Thanks

A:Asus Xonar D2

Try this (Both Xp and Vista, should work on 7 too):
Asus Xonar D2 / PM Audio Card Driver for Windows Vista - TechSpot Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/12575-asus-xonar-d2.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Greetings all, I installed the Win8 Enterprise Eval 64-bit, but quickly went back to Win7 because of sound drivers.

I turned on Test Mode and disabled Driver Enforcement and tried both the Asus drivers and Brainbit drivers but couldn't get a working control panel but did get several blue screens.

My question is should I wait for Asus to get a real Win8 driver or should I look to another sound card. I really don't want to use my onboard...it sounds like crap.

Thanks in advance.....

T

Creative x-fi cards also have problems. But they are fixable.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/9025-asus-xonar-d2x.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey,
I need a new headset and I am thinking of buying one of these 3: the Sennheiser 350SE, Beyerdynamic dt770 pro or the audio technika ATH-A700X. I am leaning towards the dt 770 pro, but I'm still unsure. The main problem is my Xonar DX which doesn't have built-in amp. The dt 770 requires 80 ohm or 250 ohm and the 350 se requires 150 ohm. So my question is: Can these headsets provide great quality with the no amp Xonar or do I need to buy a separate amp with it for max quality? Also, will the separate amp completely ignore the Xonar?
Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

P.S: I am open for suggestion of other headsets in the same price range (?150/ $200)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-dx-enough-ohm-%CE%A9.198097/
Relevancy 93.74%

I have this sound card and I found that everytime I booted hsmgr.exe or hsmgr64.exe would pop up a warning window asking me if the file was safe to run.

There are two files needed for the Asus control center to work.

On each pop up show more info to find the path of each process.
Go to the process and go to the properties of the file. You will need to "unblock" the program.

In my case I had a process in both "syswow64" and "system" folders.

This stops that annoying popup.
(telling the computer to always allow the process to run doesn't work, it seems to forget on a restart)

Just thought I should share this info and in return someone tell me why my sound doesnt output more than stereo through optical out.

I have that sound card and had the same problem but that was easy to fix. The other problem is that the recording functions don't show up at all in the Asus Xonar console.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/2201-asus-xonar-d2x.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi everyone,

I am still trying to build my computer, and I have almost everything, but I am still undecided about the motherboard.

Up until now I was going to use the GA-EP35C-DS3R, even though the fact it only has 1 PCIe x16 slot really annoy me. But then I read Techspot's new guide and learned about the "ASUS Rampage Formula". That motherboard however uses the new X48 type of CPU, and I have the Q6600.

So, my question is:
Does anyone know of another motherboard like the ASUS Rampage that uses the older LGA775 design?

A:Asus Rampage Formula, GA-EP35C-DS3R?

Both motherboards use the same socket. The Rampage Formula uses the newer X48 chipset as opposed to the Gigabyte mobo's P35 chipset. I'd recommend a newer P45 chipset motherboard as the best option, something like this one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-rampage-formula-ga-ep35c-ds3r.107490/
Relevancy 93.31%

My old DVD/RW was connected by IDE cable but this died a few weeks back.

I've checked my motherboard to see if it will accept SATA drives, to which it says it does.

I have bought a new DVD/RW and its connected via a SATA cable. I have plugged the SATA cable into the SATA port on the M'Board and connected it to the DVD/RW. I was assuming it would be 'Plug and Play' like the IDE cable but it's not showing in my computer.

What do I need to do to get it working? I thought I'd ask you guys first encase I downloaded drivers that I don't need.

Many Thanks
Dan

A:Installing SATA DVD/RW with Asus Rampage 2 gene

Welcome to EightForums.
Will the DVD Drive show in BIOS?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/15834-installing-sata-dvd-rw-asus-rampage-2-gene.html
Relevancy 93.31%

My old DVD/RW was connected by IDE cable but this died a few weeks back.

I've checked my motherboard to see if it will accept SATA drives, to which it says it does.

I have bought a new DVD/RW and its connected via a SATA cable. I have plugged the SATA cable into the SATA port on the M'Board and connected it to the DVD/RW. I was assuming it would be 'Plug and Play' like the IDE cable but it's not showing in my computer.

What do I need to do to get it working? I thought I'd ask you guys first encase I downloaded drivers that I don't need.

Many Thanks
Dan

A:Installing SATA DVD/RW with Asus Rampage 2 gene

Do you have the power cable plugged into the drive as well? If the computer is powered on, can you push the button to open the tray? If not, then it would definitely be a power issue. It may seem like a simple step, but I'm only asking because you didn't mention it...only the SATA data cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/269686-installing-sata-dvd-rw-asus-rampage-2-gene.html
Relevancy 92.88%

hello,

i just bought the Asus Xonar D2X soundcard uninstalled all drivers of the Realtek HD 7.1 On-Board Sound, then installed the latest driver version 7.12.8.1794 of Asus Xonar D2X.

+Sound Card sits perfect in the motherboard slot
+Sound Card immediately detected on startup by Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
+Sound Card in Device Manager says: "This device is working proberly" and "no conflicts"
+Sound Card in Control Panel->Hardware and Sound->Asus Speaker set to default speakers
+Tryed enabled/disabled "HD Audio Controller" in BIOS, i thought this was BIOS?s way to say "On-Board Sound"
+Installtion of drivers went very fast and without of any interference or error messages and said in the end "Drivers were successfully installed. Reboot now."

Yet i have no sound.

Thanks for your help

A:Asus Xonar D2X no sound

I have a Sonar X-Fi card installed - not the same, I know - but..

With my mobo, I didn't need to uninstall the onboard RealTek Drivers - I just updated them to the latest version..
then I installed the appropriate Sonar X-Fi soundcard drivers "over the top", so to speak..

once this is done the UI that comes with - (in my case) the Creative drivers - becomes functional, and takes precedence over the RealTek interface..

- the new soundcard's own drivers should kick in automatically, if you select that device as the default..

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/249096-asus-xonar-d2x-no-sound.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi all firstly I'm a CAD Engineer not a computer wizz kid so I can understand PC's if explained I needed a PC to run Inventor at home but I've gotten p d off at the moo poo I get from some of the dealers so I decided to figure it out myself as best I could and so far the results are good As time is always limited I thought I'd ask you guy's for an answer to this simple problem On my PC I run both XP and Win Whilst working I listen tomusic all the time all sorts from rock to classical to Zulu When I built this PC I picked up the Xonar DS cheap and it works really well on XP but I cand get it to work on Win it only comes out chnl not The setup disk does say XP and Vista but does that mean it Win7 5.1 ASUS DS XONAR on won't work on W If it will can someone point me in the right direction or suggest an inexpensive alternative that will please Ideally I'd like to keep this ASUS XONAR DS 5.1 on Win7 and keep things cheap and Cheerful

A:ASUS XONAR DS 5.1 on Win7

Something similar from a while back....see if its of any help:
http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-aud...ml#post2216445

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/318024-asus-xonar-ds-5-1-win7.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi I have a hard choice to make so does anyone of you know witch one to buy? I want the best one and I know soundblaster got eax 5.0 and asus xonar dosent

A:Soundblaster Z VS asus xonar dx2

The ASUS is a D2X btw, not a DX2. What sound system do you have (2.1, 5.0, 7.1)? Finally, what is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundblaster-z-vs-asus-xonar-dx2.192611/
Relevancy 92.88%

So I should be getting a Xonar DS in a couple of days if all goes as planned (along with a 2500k + P8P67 combo), one question I have is: what driver should I be installing once I reinstall Windows 7? The latest from ASUS.com? or those Unified Xonar drivers I've been hearing so much about?

Thanks fellas.

A:ASUS Xonar DS Advice

stick with the original driver for the piece of hardware first..then start messing with the newest and latest drivers being released, sort of like the drivers for GPU's, install the one that comes with the card then start checking the new released drivers. So you know what works best and compatible with your system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/139496-asus-xonar-ds-advice.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Is the Asus Xonar DGX compatible with the Optiplex 755? I'm struggling to get any clarification on this. Any help greatly appreciated.
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19994988
Relevancy 92.88%

Having an issue with my sound card that I issues D2X Xonar Asus just CAN T seem to figure out Looking to you guys here for help as you ve helped me in the past I currently have my PC rigged up with an Asus Xonar D X connected via optical to an Onkyo system This works well by itself the problem I m having is when I connect my chat headset into the audio in out ports on the back of the sound card I mainly use this headset for vent during gaming sessions but occasionally I ll use it to play games quietly while my Asus Xonar D2X issues girlfriend is asleep or when I want a fully immersive gaming experience The problem I m having While I m playing a game or playing music through the Onkyo system vent will ONLY come out of the headset However as soon as I stop playing games or music the sound from Vent comes out of both the speakers and the headset I m not sure if this is a problem with vent the output settings or both but I can t for the life of me figure out how to fix this nbsp

Relevancy 92.02%

Hi all My first post here I have my bombed - may have out II Asus mobo Gene Rampage Afraid an Asus Rampage II Gene which appears to have developed a faulty storage controller If no Afraid my mobo may have bombed out - Asus Rampage II Gene one objects can I just run the symptoms past you Reason being I m about clicks away from ordering a replacement but I don t want to get a new MB only to discover the problem is something else Symptoms - Started with system freezing ad requiring a reboot - After so many freezes Windows Startup Repair had to be performed The more often the freezes occurred the more often and the longer it took startup repairs had to be performed At this stage I thought it might have been my SATA drive giving up the ghost - About days or so ago another freeze occurred Reboot the PC yet again only to be greeted with the generic quot please insert system disk to continue booting quot - Finally get back into Windows only to find that my PC now no longer picks up my USB drives - Reboot go into BIOS no SATA being picked up If you shut down the PC completely and switch it back on again though it picks up the drive fine or at least up to about minutes after logging into Windows My current situation is that I am effectively unable to use my PC at all If I start it up from scratch the CMOS boot up sequence takes far longer than usual then on the off chance that I m greeted with a Windows login screen I get jittery mouse movement randomly freezing screens and eventually complete system failure The whole system just hangs I m able to move the mouse pointer for the most part but anything else is just unresponsive If I just leave the thing like that for a while it eventually spits out a BSOD and that s where it stays I apologize if it sounds like I might be a little irritated with this but if it sounds like I am that s because I am I had to consciously restrain myself from picking up my PC and throwing it down the side of the mountain a couple of meters down the road just for the satisfaction of giving it a reason not to work But back on track would the experts here reckon that the symptoms describe a classic MB failure If you say yes I m ordering a replacement right now nbsp

A:Afraid my mobo may have bombed out - Asus Rampage II Gene

Before pulling the trigger on a new board did you test your power supply with a digital multimeter?

Did you run any diagnostics on your hard drive or did you change out the SATA cable?

Did you try a different CMOS battery? Have you tried setting your motherboard's BIOS to default settings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/afraid-my-mobo-may-have-bombed-out-asus-rampage-ii-gene.176850/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi all,

I have decided up grade certain parts of my pc. I know some people may argue that I don't really need to but I do enjoy the buzz of researching the different components and the ease of mind knowing I have a decent setup!

Anyway, at the moment I am looking at soundcards:

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 PCI-Express

I have been hearing/reading great things about the Xonar so I am leaning that way. However, some have said they aren't as good for gaming because they lack the EAX feature?

My current spec is in my sig.

Thanks in advance for any advice/experience you may have!

A:Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 or Creative X-Fi Titanium

what speakers do you have ? both are quite advanced but you need the speakers to support the advance features

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-xonar-d2x-7-1-or-creative-x-fi-titanium.816277/
Relevancy 92.02%

Information for Razer Tiamat 7.1: Razer Tiamat 7.1 Gaming Headset - The World's First True 7.1 Gaming Headset - Razer Canada

Information for Asus Xonar DX: https://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and...ters/Xonar_DX/

Firstly, I want to make sure I plugged the 5 3.5mm jacks into the right slots. I have the green in headphone, pink in mic, black in front, grey in side, and orange in the center/sub ports of the Xonar DX.

Also, I'm getting a humming/buzzing noise with my Razer Tiamat. What kind of troubleshooting solutions could I try to resolve this?

A:Razer Tiamat 7.1 + Asus Xonar DX

That is not the correct hookup. Razer has a video on their web site that shows you how to hook it up and also how to configure the PC for 7.1 sound.

Razer Tiamat 7.1 Gaming Headset - The World's First True 7.1 Gaming Headset - Razer Canada

Follow the instructions in their setup guide.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/291255-razer-tiamat-7-1-asus-xonar-dx.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Windows Professional x Asus Sonar DX Gigabyte X A-UD Corsair HX Series W Modular Power Supply Intel DX Asus Xonar Switches OFF Randomly Core i Ghz MSI GTX Cyclone Overclocked Edition GB SLI G Skill Ripjaw GB x GB DDR MHz - - - The card is inserted in the second PCI Express x slot The absolutely annoying problem is that the card stops working randomly The usual relay switch sound can be heard the click and then only a restart can turn it on Quote The clicks are not directly related to the power supply they come from the Asus Xonar DX Switches OFF Randomly relays that are used to disconnect the card from its outputs jacks to prevent pops in the speakers when powering on the computer There are also relays for switching to the front panel and for switching between the line-in and mic-in functions but they sound of those is probably masked by your mouse's clicking I tested the card on another machine where it was working just fine but when I moved it back to my machine seconds after I played online radio it switched off The computer is not even under heavy load so it doesn't matter if I play heavy games or just browse the internet The floppy cable is properly connected and the power supply is more than powerful to feed it The weirdest part is that this same card worked just fine for like a full year and during that time no hardware changes have been made It just started switching off like weeks ago for no apparent reason Does everything look fine here - Ubuntu Pastebin Could it be an IRQ problem conflict I'm helpless Any ideas what to test do in order to establish what the problem is

A:Asus Xonar DX Switches OFF Randomly

Do a search for this card. I see many posts with the same or similar problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/221795-asus-xonar-dx-switches-off-randomly.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi I tried searching for this issue or similar but it's an unusual one and difficult to search for so I'm hoping I've not overlooked a thread that contains the issue already Essentially I have the retail version of Windows Home Premium and everything is fine until I install the Asus Xonar OS Xonar driver breaks Asus D X drivers I've tried at least versions of the drivers that I could find online The drivers themselves work and the software installs correctly once installed the sound works and I get the Xonar control panel However once those Asus Xonar driver breaks OS drivers are installed most of the applications I have Firefox Internet Explorer MSN Windows Update etc etc stop functioning properly In order to make them function I have to set them all to run as administrator giving the UAC prompt and also meaning that some plugins etc within the apps don't function properly I've managed to narrow it down to just the Xonar audio drivers through a process of elimination and system restores and it is reproducible Curiously using my motherboard's supplied soundcard works perfectly so I'm using that Asus Xonar driver breaks OS as a temporary Asus Xonar driver breaks OS work around until I can find a resolution to the problem Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Asus Xonar driver breaks OS

Kif, welcome to the forums.

Have you had a look around over here,

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum-

to see if anyone else with the same card has reported the same issues (check the other sound card sub-forums while there as well). If it really is a problem with the drivers only Asus can really do anything about it, and if they don't know about it (either posted in their forums or through a support ticket) they can't fix it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/35450-asus-xonar-driver-breaks-os.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello Everyone,

I recently bought an Asus Xonar DGX soundcard for an HTPC I'm building. Upon installing the card and booting into Windows 7, Windows recognized the card but was unable to install a driver for it.

Trying to then install the drivers (via both the CD driver and one I downloaded from the Asus website) I was greeted with the following error message, ""Please plug-in ASUS Xonar D2 Audio device." I tried moving the soundcard to a different PCI-express slot, but I was greeted with the same error.

At this point, I'm not sure why I am unable to install the soundcard on my Windows 7 install. Everything has been working correctly so far, so not sure if there is a driver issue or something that is wrong with the card itself.

If anyone could offer any additional assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--Asif

A:ASUS Xonar DGX 5.1 - Won't Install in Windows 7

Disable the on-board audio, in the BIOS and then try installing it. The on-board needs to be disabled anyway and two sound cards can cause conflicts.

BTW, your profile and My System Specs list Vista. Also nothing in My System Specs except the wrong OS. You should list your hardware there as it helps someone to try and help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/269325-asus-xonar-dgx-5-1-wont-install-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Good evening all!!

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but....

Just wondered if someone can help me. I've recently bought an asus xonar D2/PM,

I downloaded the updated drivers from the Asus website and tried installing it on my new Windows 7 64 bit install but every time i run the install it crashes the PC which leaves me with the dreaded blue screen.
I also tried installing with the drivers disc that came with the soundcard but i get the exact problem

Has anyone had a similar problem and if so can you help me please!

A:Asus Xonar D2/PM Install Problems

I've experienced the same problem, but instead of bluescreening, it just hung. I had (at that time) an ASUS P5K mainboard.

This is what I did to alleviate this and successfully install the card:

1. Downloaded the latest driver
2. Disabled all devices that I didn't need, i.e. com, lpt, embedded audio (especially that) in the BIOS
3. Installed the driver with success and enjoyed the clear, quality sound

Good luck!

Update: Just installed on my new PC, forgot to disable onboard audio. The driver crashed windows. Disabled the onboard audio, successful install!

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/206205-asus-xonar-d2-pm-install-problems.html
Relevancy 92.02%

i am having an issue with this card i can D1 Xonar card audio ASUS t seem to get it to work in mode with my Logitech Z- s i just got the latest driver the sound only comes through front left front right center and sub no sound at all comes from the rear two speakers it s like Windows is ignoring them and having mentioned that the Windows sound control panel shows side speakers in the diagram which i don t have i realize that isn t the ASUS Xonar D1 audio card correct setting ASUS Xonar D1 audio card to have in there but if i select then i ASUS Xonar D1 audio card don t get the RL and RR show up i de-selected the side speakers because i don t physically have any i have selected channels as it suggests KHz Sample Rate and Speakers for Analog Out in the ASUS D Audio Center i chose KHz because it matches what is on the control center i have disabled on-board sound in the BIOS i don t have optical or coax cable to try i don t know what else could be the problem nbsp

A:ASUS Xonar D1 audio card

It almost sounds like you have the rear speakers connected in to the side speaker jack on the back of the sound card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-xonar-d1-audio-card.1031336/
Relevancy 92.02%

My motherboard has three card slots. The top and bottom are PCIE x16 and the middle is PCIE x 1 as from the Service Manual.  My graphic card (GTX 750 TI) is in the top slot x 16, but also covers the middle slot x 1. This just leaves me the bottom slot x 16 free for expansion.  
I would like to fit a Asus Xonar Essence STX 2 sound card which is a PCIE x 1.  Can I fit this to the free bottom slot x 16 and will it cause me any problems?
Thanks

A:XPS 8900 and Asus Xonar Essence STX 2

We only tested a PCIe x1 sound card in the middle black PCIe x4 card slot. The bottom black PCIe x16 slot is hard wired for PCIe x4 so should be backward compatible to PCIe x1. Let us know if it works. Remember to disable the onboard audio in the bios.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19985008
Relevancy 92.02%

So I just got the card, it's just awesome.

But I recently have noticed weird "snap" sounds, just like a little bump, when I'm listening to music, or just randomly when someone links me something in skype e.g. just any random occasion.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

I'm a complete noob at this stuff, this is my first non-onboard audiocard so any stupid mistakes could've been made!

Relevancy 92.02%

Having some trouble with this, only one program can record at any given time.
I cant for example use skype and ventrilo at the same time, I cant even have windows sound control panel open and skype at the same time, I wont see the bars moving.

And another thing is that every recording input says Currently Unavailable

And another thing I just noticed is that the volume is super duper low in skype but in ventrilo it is fine...
edit: microphone is low whatever I do now, was fine at first, I have tried to reinstall but it did nothing.

And I have the latest drivers I could find.

A:Asus Xonar D2X recording issues

I have similar problems - inputs currently unavailable (and the record sliders are missing from Asus Audio Center).
The mic seems to work ok, despite the lack of other options.
I had BSOD when I tried to update drivers to 7.12.8.1777 - and again when I tried to uninstall+delete them, to start from scratch.
Driver rollback didn't work either - had to do a system restore, to just before I updated drivers.
Tried disabling+uninstalling onboard Realtek sound but Win7 just re-installs it on reboot.
Tried plugging stuff into input sockets (they have detection) but still nothing.

With regard to your 'only one program at a time' - look at Properties, in sound dialog box.
On the Advanced tab, there's tickboxes for Exclusive Mode - try unchecking those.

Update: found a solution (from Asus forums) to BSOD on driver install...
Before unzipping, I right-clicked rar file, Properties, Unblock. Installed fine then.
A different problem now, is there's a graphical glitch which causes Audio Center menu to appear mostly grey, with just a small area showing in topleft corner.
Have seen posts from people elsewhere, with same problem. No solution yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/46194-asus-xonar-d2x-recording-issues.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hey, yesterday I went from windows 7 to windows 8, everytime I close a game or a program with sound, this buzzing noise comes, and it wont stop until I restart my PC. Might be worth mentioning that the drivers are beta drivers, but they have been since 2012, so the shouldnt be a problem. And yes I have tried reinstalling the drivers.

Hopefully someone has a solution, thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/32900-constant-buzzing-sound-asus-xonar-d2x.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Dear Friends About weeks ago my motherboard sound had stopped working I triedeverything to get it working again and had failed Therefore I decided to purchase a new Asus Xonar-D Karax PCIe sound card I installed the card as described in the instruction manual with HD frontpanel audio plug connected to the card The problem I have is no sound is coming out of the card Things I've tried to far Downloaded and installed latest drivers from Asus Tried using another PCIe slot Disabling HD Audio in the BIOS Installing the original disc drivers Playing around with the settings on the Asus Audio ControlCentre Disabling the NVIDIA HD audio The Asus Control Centre and the Volume control does show that sound is playing by the graphs moving but no sound is reaching my speakers Info I am using x channel pc speakers to make it easier to work with Both sets of speakers work on my phone tested Specs OS Windows bit CPU Intel i k Motherboard Asus Maximus V EXtreme Memory Corsair mhz x GB Graphics Card s MSI N GTX OC Cyclone GB Monitor s DisplaysAsus MX out D-Karax, Xonar Asus sound no coming HHard Drives Primary OCZ GB PSUVantec iON CaseThermaltake MK

A:Asus Xonar D-Karax, no sound coming out

Hello and welcome Dhirendra mate I run the Xonar DG's in my desktops and have had no trouble at all and your problems smacks of either her the card or slot being bad. In particular I would have a close inspection of the joints around the output sockets on the board.

I am assuming you have reseated the card and made sure it is a snug fit? the other thing you could try is this.

SLOT CLEANING

Now as for the slots to clean themuse a strip of old credit card about 1/2 inch wide nip the corners off one end- preferably round them offhold a piece of thin lintfree cloth over the end dab on some form of alcohol - isopropyl alcohol (whatwe swab the skin with before an injection) is good and GENTLY swipe along the slots.

This can also be done for the GPUslot/s and also the contacts of the sticks or cards - not the stick but somelint free cloth of course. See my pic for the sick but please be very gentledoing it if you are in any doubt - please ask before doing it but I use thisall the time and have yet to damage anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/375039-asus-xonar-d-karax-no-sound-coming-out.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Asus Xonar XD driver telling me sound card not plugged in when installing driver

I got myself a Asus Xonar DX, so I hooked erverything up to my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-PH67A-D3-B3) and connected the power cable to my power supply (OCZ StealthXstream II 700W), but when im trying to install the driver I'm getting the message: "Plug the Asus Xonar DX in". I disabled my onboard sound, but I'm getting still the same message. I don't really know what's going on, is the soundcard broken or is it just a minor problem? I pugged the card in a PCIE x1 slot and a pcie x4 slot. Thanks if you can help me with this problem.

Specs: I7 2600
8 Gb RAM

A:Asus Xonar XD not plugged in when installing driver

Did you uninstall your old HD audio driver first?
http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=39544

If that doesn't work.....Found some info.
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...X&id=20090916085648171&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Xonar_EEPROM_Failure

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-xd-not-plugged-in-when-installing-driver.175412/
Relevancy 90.73%

I just hooked my Asus Xonar and everything works fine, except for the magic voice.
Its probaly just me, but I have no idea how to use magic voice on the driver from the soundcard. when I add a app to the app list, like skype or teamspeak, and he asks if I want to run it, then I select yes. But when Im talking to someone and trying to use magic voice by selecting it, it tells me the driver will select microphone input as the recoding source for the microphone effect.So I clicked Ok, but it does nothing I cant choose what voice I want. The headset that I am using is a Roccat kave.
Got any ideas, thanks for the help.

Cheers,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-dx-magic-voice-problems.176291/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi everyone,

I installed a brand new Asus xonar STX in my desktop PCIe. The sound stops randomly while playing music or watching movies. It starts working again only after a restart. I have been trying to fix it for more than a week with no success.
Steps I have tried so far:
1. Update the drivers from asus website
2. Installed unixonar drivers
3. Disabled on board audio in BIOS
4. Deleted win 7 and installed Win 8.1
5. Ran chkdsk /b

Also when the sound stops my music player stops playing. I can still play videos with no sound in vlc or MPC but winamp does not work at all as it is audio only player. I am using rca 2-channel out. After the sound stops I can select s/pdif as default device and the sound starts working again, winamp starts playing, everything is fine.
Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/380222-soung-stops-randomly-asus-xonar-stx.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I have an Asus Xonar D2X sound card for my rig and I am currently using a logitech X-540 speaker system.
I'd like it if someone can recommend a really powerful speaker system that can be used with the sound card without the use of a receiver.
I was looking into something better than logitech Z906. My budget is around $500

EDIT: The speaker system should be 5.1 or 7.1

Thanks

A:Powerful speaker system for my Asus Xonar D2X

Any suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/163629-powerful-speaker-system-my-asus-xonar-d2x.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello I just got the ASUS Xonar Essence ST Soundcard The reviews said it was easy installation I guess I am an amature which is ST Connecting Xonar Essensce Need ASUS Heeeeeelp true I'm fairly an amature with all the sound terms and stuff I have connectors that I connect to my MB how am I suppose to connect them all to the SC They are Green Pink Orange and Black The card has A Front Right Port and Need Heeeeeelp Connecting ASUS Xonar Essensce ST Left Port which a cable came with it connects the Red and White the sound card and the other side goes to a one green connector which I assumed my Green Connector would go to My Pink connector is the Microphone so I used the adaptor that came with the card to connect that what about the Black and Orange connector The other connections the SC has is for Headphone which is also one of those Thick connectors same as headphone but it came with adaptor the last one is SP DIF Out which does not fit my Connectors they are the size of a VGA TV connections On top of this it messed up my PC so I had to take it out But I got the PC running again I want to know how to connect this thing before I put it back in I have a sound system Can anyone help me Did I get the wrong Sound card Peyman

A:Need Heeeeeelp Connecting ASUS Xonar Essensce ST

Quote: Originally Posted by peymanc

Hello,

I just got the ASUS Xonar Essence ST Soundcard
I have a 5.1 sound system. Can anyone help me?
Did I get the wrong Sound card?

Peyman

Ummmm... you do realize that is a stereo sound card don't you?

It's inteneded to be connected to audiophile level amplifiers, not computer speakers.
The two RCA jacks for L and R are it. There is a headphone jack, also stereo and a mono microphone jack.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/77098-need-heeeeeelp-connecting-asus-xonar-essensce-st.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello
As the title
What should I use ? (gaming-movies-music)
Is the old creative Audigy still worth to use ?
Creative Audigy Platinum EX
Creative Labs Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum eX review - CNET

Asus Xonar DX
Xonar DX | Sound Cards | ASUS Global

thanks

A:Old Creative Audigy Platinum EX vs Asus XOnar DX

If you are into sound. Have a look at this incredible sound, read the reviews:
Amazon.com: Denon DA-300USB High Resolution Audio DAC Headphone Amplifier: Electronics

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38172-old-creative-audigy-platinum-ex-vs-asus-xonar-dx.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hey guys, hope you can help me here.

There is no audio output from my PC, it's been this way for months, but only now have I decided to deal with it. I have a Asus Xonar DGX sound card, and I am getting no output from both the front case audio output, nor the back.

My Device Manager reports no errors.

These are my playback devices.

These are my recording devices.

Any troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks a lot guys,
Sam.

A:No audio ouput from PC, using Asus Xonar DGX Soundcard.

First suggestion, "refresh" the ASUS device. In the Device Manager, RIGHT click on the ASUS entry and then LEFT click "Uninstall". DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the ASUS. This fixes a lot of different problems and may take care of yours.

Related, but probably not your problem, the Stereo Mix should be set as the default Recording Device. As it is now its "Unavailable". The "refresh" may fix that problem too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/375348-no-audio-ouput-pc-using-asus-xonar-dgx-soundcard.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I updated the bios from ASUS support. The BIOS update is fine, I was able to add a picture, the picture has too few pixels and on the full screen, at bootup, is badly pixelated. Can I delete the picture or replace it with a better one. It is only cosmetic, so if not, no worries

A:Updated bios on ASUS Rampage 111 gene,my added picture is pixlated...

Are you talking about a bootup / BIOS image? These are nearly always low-resolution anyway and will therefore be pixelated and low quality.

To remove the image, you'll probably have to check the instructions for the BIOS version you installed; after all, BIOS has pretty much nothing to do with Windows 7 :P

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/197333-updated-bios-asus-rampage-111-gene-my-added-picture-pixlated.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi, I'm looking to get a suggestion/recommendation for a new/replacement sound card.

My current sound card is a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2. It was a great sound card until it crapped out and started to pop/snap/crack like firecrackers. It's so bad and loud that I just keep my speaker system turned off so they don't get damaged.

I have an older PC and need a PCI sound card so these two sound cards are my choices.

Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card
Diamond XtremeSound 7.1/24 bit PCI Sound Card

Would anyone have a possible opinion/suggestion for me? It's a toss up for me and I'm not sure which to go with... I'm just looking to get the best one out of them and I don't know which it is.

Thanks

Setup:
Dell Dimension 8250
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.06GHz
1.50 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Operating System
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Speaker System

A:Audigy 2 craps, Asus Xonar DG 5.1 or Diamond XtremeSound 7.1/24 bit?

First, I really surprised you have Win 7 installed on the old 8250. I do a lot of support on the Dell forum and used to have one of these back in 2001. I've seen some older systems that users have installed Win 7 (or Vista on) but this is the oldest one I've seen.

I have an HT Omega "Striker 7.1" sound card installed. It is a PCI type and will work with the old PCI bus like is in the 8250. Newegg.com - HT | OMEGA STRIKER 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/196250-audigy-2-craps-asus-xonar-dg-5-1-diamond-xtremesound-7-1-24-bit.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Just got my first AMD card in years (maybe around ~5 years), I installed the latest driver from AMD without issues (13.10) then I installed the driver for the ASUS Xonar DS, the driver installed fine, but the sound card is not being detected as the primary Sound Device for Windows, it appears with a yellow exclamation point when going into Device Manager, under "Device Status" it says:

"The device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12).

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices in the system"

Which I already did, I disabled the HDMI audio from my HD 7970, and nothing.

What can I do?, I'm running out of ideas.

This was after a clean install of Windows 8.1 btw.

Thanks.

A:New AMD Radeon HD 7970 card install, now no ASUS Xonar DS?

Did the Xonar sound card work OK before installing the new video card? Or did you install both at the same time?

If you installed both at the same time, physically remove the new video card and go back to whatever you had before and then try to install the Xonar sound card and see if it works OK. 8GB of RAM is plenty. I have one system, an i5 3550 CPU and it rarely gets over 4GB of RAM used.

I've also seen some comments about the 8.1 having some sound issues. I don't remember what they are but something else to consider.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/31753-new-amd-radeon-hd-7970-card-install-now-no-asus-xonar-ds.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Starting with build 7201, the Asus Xonar DX drivers render the OS effectively useless. Basically after installing, you'll find your system unresponsive no matter what you do or how many times you reboot. Everything appears to start up fine until you try to launch any application.

If you're stuck in this situation after installing the Xonar drivers on 7201, my suggestion is to boot into the recovery console and use system restore to return to a point prior to installing the drivers. I tried several versions before I gave up and am going back to 7137.

A:Asus Xonar DX Users: Avoid build 7201

Had the same problem, and I discovered a solution that lets you use 7201 and the Xonar drivers in relative harmony. First, open up your taskmanager and end the following processes:

hsmgr.exe
hsmgr64.exe

And voila, everything instantly works fine. Of course, you'll also want to prevent those processes from running on boot. This isn't a perfect fix, as it'll prevent 'GX2.0' from working (i.e., you'll lose EAX emulation in games).

Startup Programs - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/12322-asus-xonar-dx-users-avoid-build-7201-a.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi,

I've recently installed a Xonar DS audio card in my Windows 7 Ultimate PC. The drivers installed fine and in Device Manager it says that it's working properly. However, I can't hear anything when I plug my speakers into any of the ports. They work fine when I plug them into the motherboard (Asus P5N-E SLI) audio port. Please can someone tell me how to get it working?

Thanks,
Joe

A:Solved: Asus Xonar DS Audio Card Not Working

You will need to change the default output device in the audio configuration.

>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-xonar-ds-audio-card-not-working.1138328/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi, I have an XPS 8700 desktop, and I recently purchased an Asus Xonar DGX sound card. After installing it, I turned on the computer, but it wouldn't go past the "Starting Windows" screen. When I took out the card, it turned on normally. How do I solve this problem?
The sound card plugs into a PCI express slot, which my motherboard has, and everything seems to fit properly, but the problem persists.
I have tried disabling the onboard audio from the BIOS, like I read on a forum topic, but still no luck.
Any help is appreciated

A:XPS 8700, Asus Xonar DGX sound card, no boot

The Asus Xonar DGX sound card is a PCIe x1 card. So it should be installed in either of the smaller slots numbered 22 below =

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19986107
Relevancy 89.87%

I need a sound card, but I can't make up my mind.
I've seen alot of threads about The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium vs the Asus Xonar DX. I want one of these two soundcards, but every Thread is about 50/50, one forum is a big fan of the Xonar and the other a big fan of the X-fi. So I still have no clue what soundcard I should take. I need a soundcard that is good for gaming. So which one should I take or is there a better one in that price range?
I would be very thankful if you can help me out.

Best regards,

A:The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium or the Asus Xonar DX?

I'd get the Xonar.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-titanium-or-the-asus-xonar-dx.175233/
Relevancy 89.87%

Okay so I s gots a problem With my give card control Asus over won't me subwoofer Xonar Xonar sound card I recently tried to lower the volume and change the equalizer settings and crossover frequency of my subwoofer because it is putting out too much volume at hz and I don t want to damage it I am using the drivers because the drivers do not work at all for me the gui does not function I am on windows x with a xonar DS PCI I have Logitech speakers When I lower the volume of the subwoofer all the way there is no output from the speaker test but bass tests I play have bass More than I want In the speaker tests it almost sounds like the subwoofer test is coming out of the center speaker and the subwoofer Then after a little troubleshooting I found that if I turn down both the left and right front speakers the subwoofer is also turned down But so are the left and right speakers I think I have ruled out a wiring problem and it seems like any combination of settings I use comes up with the same result Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-xonar-card-wont-give-me-control-over-subwoofer.955390/
Relevancy 89.01%

I got a new pc (desktop) yesterday, primarily for music production and listening. However, I can't get sound. I'm using headphones, and it won't even detect them when I plug them in. Help?
Oh, and my sound card is the Asus Xonar Essence STX, but that's in the thread title

A:No Sound/No Headphones Detected (Asus Xonar Essence STX) Windows 8.1

Wrong forum

Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/372116-no-sound-no-headphones-detected-asus-xonar-essence-stx-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi all this is my first post Sorry that it's a request for assistance I have a problem with my self build HTPC In Volume Asus & STX Essence only control on left Xonar channel win7 - a nutshell since Volume control on left channel only - Asus Xonar Essence STX & win7 yesterday when I adjust the volume in a media player winamp or Jriver only the left channel changes in volume the right channel remains at Both channels were working OK volume worked on L and R however last night all of a sudden the right channel stopped altering I have changed nothing all cables and connections are sound I've check everything I Volume control on left channel only - Asus Xonar Essence STX & win7 can think of within the software and searched on the web for similar problems and can't find a solution This is a screen capture of my windows audio controls When I adjust the Jriver volume control both speakers change volume together yet when I change them in the program only the left channel alters When I change the quot Speaker quot control only the left channel changes Any ideas what I need to so to sort this It's a critical function as it's a HTPC primarily used for music and video playback Thank you very much Edit to add Using a different sound card solves the problem so it's definitely Xonar STX related

A:Volume control on left channel only - Asus Xonar Essence STX & win7

Reseat the Xonar sound card (with the PC powered off, unplug the card then plug back in). This may fix it. If not, reinstall the drivers for the sound card as a next step.

If it still does not work properly, I would suspect a hardware problem in the card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/304988-volume-control-left-channel-only-asus-xonar-essence-stx-win7.html
Relevancy 88.15%

So my computer updated to the AU last night and this seems to have broken compatibility with my sound card (Asus Xonar DG), and my wireless 360 controller. I tried re-installing the Xonar drivers for Windows 10 and it didn't work. I couldn't find any wireless 360 drivers for Win10 because I guess it's supposed to Just Work on Windows 10?

Other things I tried that didn't work:

-Rebooting

-Rolling back to yesterday's version of the OS (wouldn't let me)

-Refreshing Windows

-Resetting Windows, then reinstalling the drivers

-Physically removing and then re-installing my sound card

-Attempted to restore from a system image I made last week, but unknown reasons it would not allow me to do this

I'm pretty sure the issue is driver-related which is why I'm posting it here. I'm more concerned about the sound card as my mobo's onboard sound is borked. Has anyone else had this problem and been able to solve it?

Thanks!

A:Win10 AU: ASUS Xonar and Xbox 360 wireless controller driver problems

I recall another thread a week or two ago about an ASUS Xonar sound card not working. If I remember correctly, the user removed it and went back to the Realtek on board sound.

But, if the Xonar isn't compatible with the AU, its up to ASUS to update their drivers so it is compatible.
One other thought, if the on-board is not disabled in the BIOS, the update could have enabled it and cause a conflict with the Xonar.

I know basically nothing about the Xbox 360 wireless controller, but I would try uninstalling it in the Device Manager, then restart Windows and see if its detected and reinstalled. Don't just uninstall it in the device manager then search for new hardware as it can install but have the same problem.

(as a side note, I used to live in KC).

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64411-win10-au-asus-xonar-xbox-360-wireless-controller-driver-problems.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi Having a CRYSIS with slow gaming performance decided to start my buy an Striker ASUS not? Extreme or To upgrades I have decided to update my GFX card which means a new MB but which one Current spec MB - P M PRO-M v Processor - Intel core Ghz RAM - gb mismatced RAM GFX - NVIDIA Geforce AGP OS - XP Having done a fair bit of reading my limited budget has already taken the hit for a new GB RAM kit to speed up what I have and now trying to decide on a new MB Already decide that the current GFX card has to go and be replaced a new PCI-e one I like the idea of SLI later when I can afford a twin for the new GFX card With the idea of SLI the ASUS extreme get v good reviews but a lot of folk say that is over priced and only for hardcore OC ers and I have no use for the shiny blue LEDs I cant find any recent reviews comparing its and its rivals I have also read about the P n which is MUCH cheaper not sure what I should do What MB should I buy Don t want to spend money To buy an ASUS Striker Extreme or not? on shiny blue LED s for the sake of it What about other makes I have built several home PC s but never successfully OC ed anything but like the idea of getting more for my money this way and want an MB that will help nbsp

A:To buy an ASUS Striker Extreme or not?

A good motherboard that is practically the same as the Striker Extreme is the P5N32-E SLI (not Plus version, which is not as good for SLI), and is much cheaper. Some motherboards allow for SLI, but not with full 16x for each PCI-Express slot, for example, some may be able to do 16x and 8x, but not 16x + 16x at the same time. But the P5N32-E SLI does 16x + 16x; it still has lots of overclocking options, etc., but it's just not as easy as with the Striker Ex. Be advised, though, no matter what you do, that Crysis is an extremely demanding game, and may still take a surprising toll on your brand new system. You may want to ask about which video card to get if you are going to play this game. These links may help you decide:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3234&p=3
http://hothardware.com/Articles/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-280-and-GTX-260-Unleashed/?page=11

If you are looking at the absolute best video cards right now, here they are in order of best to not-best (as far as I know):
ATI 4870 X2
NVidia GTX 280 or else ATI 4870 (depends on the game, but I think the 280 won in more games)
Around here is where I don't know the order for sure, but there is the (upcoming I think) ATI 4850 X2, and the already-existing ATI 4850, NV 9800 GX2, NV GTX 260, NV 9800 GTX, NV 8800 GTX and 8800 Ultra, and ATI 3870 X2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/to-buy-an-asus-striker-extreme-or-not.743163/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello

Just a quick one? I would like to know what the 3rd slot for a pci-e graphics card is for in this sli mobo. As far as I know sli gaming only allows for 2 GPUs yet theres 1 more slot in a different colour in between them?

Thanks
Chris

A:ASUS Striker Extreme 3rd PCI-E Slot?

There are 3 expansion slots... 1 PCIeX1, and 2 PCI v2.2 slots

The PCIeX1 could be used for a 3rd video card. The 2 PCI v2.2 slots are for standard PCI add-in cards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-striker-extreme-3rd-pci-e-slot.84977/
Relevancy 82.99%

Recently I purchased an EEE PC HA that came eee games, pc Asus simple lag - extreme preinstalled with WinXP home I have been trying to do some light gaming on it with some older dos games and some flash games nothing too serious I have tried Duke Nukem Duke Nukem d Doom Rise of the Triad Raptor Call of the shadows to name a few and I m using VDMSound to emulate sound blaster The specs on Asus eee pc - simple games, extreme lag the netbook arent bad enough Asus eee pc - simple games, extreme lag to play these games like but for some reason I get extreme lag spikes on every game I play no matter what This only seems to happen though when there is alot of sound involved On Doom for example the game will play just fine until I fire the gun open a Asus eee pc - simple games, extreme lag door or run into an enemy I tried reinstalling my sound drivers but it did not help at all It also came installed with a stock overclocking utility called SuperHybrid Engine I had some problems in the past on a desktop with AMD cool n quiet that was similar to this and maybe that has something to do with it Specs Intel Atom GHz Intel Express integrated graphics GB DDR GB HD Any help is much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 82.99%

Okay I know the Striker is aimed at anyone but the hardcore overclockers but is repeatedly referred to as the best board for gamers but what about the Abit IN9 32x MAX WiFi Socket 775? Which would make the best platform for a gaming rig?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/or-asus-striker-extreme-680i-775.68863/
Relevancy 82.99%

MOTHERBOARD-ASUS Striker Extreme
CPU-Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX6850

Hi folks,

I'm going to setup a brand new (original bios) Asus Striker Extreme with an Core 2 Extreme QX6850 (3.00GHz,1333FSB,L2:2X4MB,rev.G0,4 cores) .

The question is... since the PCB natively supports Quad Cores, BUT the QX6850 is only supported since Bios v1303... how the hell am I able to flash the bios? I don't have another socket 775 cpu.

Someone using this combination here?

Or am I just able to flash the Bios with the QX6850?
Thanks in advance

A:QX6850 on Asus Striker Extreme

ASUS has a handy dandy BIOS flash tool. check out there site for details or review the CD with the MB.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/qx6850-on-asus-striker-extreme.628910/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey guys

I got the Asus Extreme Striker a while back now and i was just wondering about the ram it can support. I was planning to get something like OCZ 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 (OCZ2N1066SR2GK) Dual Channel SLI Ready Edition. Sites which sell this mobo, and on the box itself say it only supports up to DDR2 800mhz.
Although, reviews about this mobo say that it can support DDR2 1066mhz. Do you have to do anything to the mobo to allow this ram to work?

Thanks

Edit- I am using a Core 2 duo E6700 if that matters.

A:Asus Extreme Striker - Ram question

http://www.asus.com/999/download/products/1439/1439_10.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-extreme-striker-ram-question.77883/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi i am attemting to fix my mums laptop and do not know where to start.
It has very bad freezing problem freezes for 2 seconds out of every 8 seconds the resumes functioning. It is EXTREMELY hard to type as the freezing interupts text input. This took me 10 minute to type. Any suggestions?
i ran /sfc scannow and no problems and have updated windows. I am thinking it might be some virus or malware as there is some weird programs on here. thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/75632-asus-k55vd-extreme-freezing-slow.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi guys am working on specs for a new build I should be starting pretty soon (next month or so) and am just unclear as to will this ram Corsair TwinX 2GB XMS2 Dominator DDR2 PC8888 with Airflow Fan TWIN2X2048-8888C4DF is compatable? The site I use isnt to clear on the specs. I plan on getting 4gb of this stuff: "http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Memory/Pc/Corsair+TwinX+2GB+XMS2+Dominator?productId=25515#/Products/Components/Memory/Pc/Corsair+TwinX+2GB+XMS2+Dominator?productId=25515"

If not then can you recommend Ram from this site only that will work best, Cost isnt much of an issue as you can tell and I plan on overclocking.

A:Asus Striker Extreme 680i compatability?

If you're OCing, then that RAM should work. The mobo does not have native PC8888 support, but you should be able to achieve it with OCing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-striker-extreme-680i-compatability.68728/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello all,Im after soon advice/guidance if possible pleaseI will soon be receiving my upgrade copy of Windows 10 (soon i hope). I Will probably upgrade immediately and then opt to install a fresh (reset) copy of Win 10. However i am a little concerned about the availability of drivers for my Asus motherboard. From the Asus website (below) the only two available drivers under Windows 10 64 bit are for the chipset and Audio drivers, however what about the LAN drivers?http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RA...Usually i would just go ahead and install the prvious OS's drivers so in the case Windows 8.1, but i am unsure if this will be ok in this instance, any thoughts please?Thank you

A:Asus IV Extreme Drivers designed for use with Windows 10

So i couldnt wait any longer for MS to push my Windows to be so i opted to download it myself using their download tool.https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...I perfomed an upgrade install which went really well, however some devices didnt work straight away, but in the background Windows was downloading and updating and eventually it all worked. First impressions, im very happy with the speed at which Windows boots, not too happy with the GUI of Windows i wish it was more like 7.In the near future i will be performing a fresh install so hopefully the drivers that Asus are not providing MS updates or the older Win 8.1 drivers will work.Will keep you guys posted

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/asus-iv-extreme-drivers-designed-for-use-with-windows-10/54.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi all I m looking to buy a new motherboard sometime this week I m looking to upgrade from a MSI Z A-GD motherboard Extreme Asus GA-Z77X-UP7? Gigabyte Maximus or V to a more powerful overclocking board I am currently Running a i k ghz and Xfx Black Asus Maximus V Extreme or Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7? Edition Crossfired I m trying to pick from either Asus Maximus V Extreme or Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7? the Asus Maximus V Extreme board http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E or the Gigabyte GA-Z X-UP board http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E the reason I m switching motherboard is because currently I m buying my parts for my full water cooling loop so I want to get a new board in the case before I install and fill the loop and I plan on upgrading to a rd graphic card and I want to easily be able to overclock the whole system Any Opinions be great I am just looking for a Z Platform Socket motherboard I m not upgrading my processor yet with way CFX and SLI support also which BIOS do you prefer better Asus or Gigabyte Thanks a lot nbsp

A:Asus Maximus V Extreme or Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7?

Neither, I don't think it's wise to spend $350+ on what is now a legacy socket for a few extra Mhz. If you really need the extra CPU power you should save up for Ivy Bridge E (or get a 3770K), and if you're just gaming the 3570K at 4.2Ghz is more than enough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-maximus-v-extreme-or-gigabyte-ga-z77x-up7.195596/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello, I've just connected my new pc, formatted it and it randomly freezes in win xp, apparently without a reason
It is not overclocked, I just installed firefox and avg free and updated the drivers
the bios is updated, the config is default

I have

MB ASUS STRIKER EXTREME S775
proc INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6850 3GHz
video GeF 8800GTS 640MB
2 x DIMM DDR 2 1GB PC800 CL5 KINGSTON KVR800D2N5/1G of ram

1hd HD SATA II 160GB MAXTOR 8MB CACHE with xp on it
2hd HD SATA II 500GB SEAGATE 16MB 7200 BARRACUDA

alim E-ATX 620W ELT-620 LIBERTY VENT.12V
im not a pc expert, i have no idea at all about why it freezes. the mouse just freeze, nothing moves screen stands still

if you have ideas... are much appreciated

A:WinXP freeze with asus striker extreme

I have done a test, linked from everest
in Driver Agent scan result it says some of my drivers are not updated:
NVIDIA nForce 590/570/550 serial ATA controller
silicon image siI 3143 SATALink controller

NVIDIA Network bus enumerator
NVIDIA nForce PCI system management

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-freeze-with-asus-striker-extreme.637430/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi,

It is my very first post and i hope you guys can help me...
I got myself the very Cool Mainboard from Asus, Called Striker Extreme.
One of the accessorys was the Mini PCI Soundcard.
It ran well for about 2 - 3 weeks but suddenly it smelled like theres something burning.
I quickly turned off my computer and i looked in it to find the problem.
The soundcard was !!!very!!! hot and on top of a chip was a burned spot.

I just wanted to know, if its a general problem of this MB or soundcard or if this just was a one time thing....

The PC runs still like hell but without the soundcard. Thank God i still have warranty :-D

Bye

Darktic

A:Asus Striker Extreme soundcard fried

You basically answered your own question. If it's still under warranty, take it back for a replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-striker-extreme-soundcard-fried.91492/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello,

I've been waiting for the ASUS Striker Extreme motherboards to be available in my local store and e-tailers online and alas, there're still not available. I'm actually reaching the point where I'm starting to go off the Striker Extreme motherboard. Recently I saw an Abit IN9 32x-MAX mobo, and personally from what I read, I believe it's virtually the same as the Striker Extreme mobo, besides from the fancy LCD poster screen at the back, etc. So I am now wondering, which one should I get? Should I continue waiting for the ASUS Striker Extreme mobo? Or should I just get the Abit IN9 32x-MAX? Any thoughts anyone? Also does anyone know if there are any other differences between these 2 motherboards at all?

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-striker-extreme-or-abit-in9-32x-max-motherboard.536533/
Relevancy 80.41%

Symptom 1: Xonar D2 Audio Center does not behave normally -> Speaker test does not function. The speaker test function included in Windows under "volume\PlayBack Devices" does function normally.

Symptom 2: Devices within "Playback Devices" are incorrectly named.

How it should look:

How it looks on my computer:

I have tried to install this countless times.

A:Asus Xonar 2D/PM - Playback Devices - Devices Incorrectly Named

Only difference between the D2 and the D2X is one os PCI (D2), and the other is PCI-E (D2X), so you're not missing anything that way. The speaker test not working is something else. You using the latest driver from Asus (Version: 7.12.8.1794), or the one that came on the disk with the card?

Might be worth giving this modded set a try,

ASUS XONAR Unified Drivers 1.64 (post periodically updated) | brainbit

and see if that fixes it. I have a DGX and have only ever used the above since the day I got it as I had seen the reports of how flaky the driver from Asus could be.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/280374-asus-xonar-2d-pm-playback-devices-devices-incorrectly-named.html
Relevancy 80.41%

My boyfriend was having some issues with his computer so he decided to flash his bios (I don't know to what version and he's sulking now so I can't ask him)

Anyway, he's had this computer about a year now and it was running ok but after flashing the BIOS it wont post. I've tried clearing the CMOS, I've done every combination of moving the jumper, pressing the button and taking the battery out suggested on various forums, we left the battery out for several hours but no luck.

I've tried removing all but 1 stick of RAM and that didn't sort it out, I really don't want to have to resort to disassembling the whole thing but I will if I have to.

The LED just displays the standard CPI INIT message which isn't particularly helpful.

Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,

I have a PC with an ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z mainboard which has 3 ports for optional temperature sensors. I have connected all sensors and can see the temperatures in the EFI BIOS. But how can I display the current temperature while Windows is running?
I tried some Tools (HWMonitor and CoreTemp) but they just show the other sensors. I can't see the temperatures of the optional sensors.

Is there any tool to show the temperature?

A:Show temperature of ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z optional sensors

HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/182604-show-temperature-asus-maximus-iv-extreme-z-optional-sensors.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi there im was up late browsing for a new motherboard and im in desperate need. Does anybody know whether the ASUS Striker Extreme NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI chipset is compatible with crossfire? plz help

A:ASUS Striker II Extreme NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI, Crossfire Compatible ????? HELP

Nope, only SLI is supported on NVidia chipsets. You'd want either an AMD/ATI chipset based board or an Intel based boards that state Crossfire support. Or an Intel X58 chipset based board that supports both SLI and Crossfire. Or run a single card, or a single card with multiple GPU's like the Radeon 4850 X2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-striker-ii-extreme-nvidia-nforce-790i-ultra-sli-crossfire-compatible-help.825249/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with my Asus rampage 2 extreme... Was running fine for a month or so, then just decided it doesn't want to remain powered on... Upon removing the 12v rail cable, the power stays on, but obviously doesn't display anything etc. Is this a ground/earth issue or something else?
Thanks in advance...

Relevancy 78.26%

will an intel q6600 fit in a rampage iii extreme motherboard cpu socket?

ty

A:Intel Q6600 with Rampage III Extreme?

No. The Intel Q6600 is an LGA 775 whereas the board socket type is LGA 1366.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-q6600-with-rampage-iii-extreme.148866/
Relevancy 78.26%

Firstly the system was running perfectly at for months or so got hold of a swiftech lcs cpu setup tested out of case etc installed the after about hours on a custom all internal fit to a Antec had the uv s ready upon switching the power switch on the psu the ROG light and molex powered cathodes lit up mm fan at top of antec was Issues Extreme, Power Rampage 2 quot twitching quot the rog light usually pulses at this point as well as a few other small leds and the extreme oc panel lights are supposed to come on having the coolant ready to fill as the pump started i hit the power button nothing second try after unplugging peripherals and pump the cathodes went out now upon switching the power switch on the psu cathodes don t light anymore shouldn t of anyway completely removed the water system reran all power etc the standard untidy way reinstalled air cooler removed all ram hdd s gpu s etc extreme oc lights wont come on anymore pushing the cmos reset button on the back makes the rog light go off lit up dull whole time in stead of pulsing bright and all lights on the extreme oc panel light up except start S any help Rampage 2 Extreme, Power Issues greatly appreciated don t wanna have to buy another one of these boards nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rampage-2-extreme-power-issues.862796/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hey guys, I was thinking of purchasing this temperature sensor:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_300_1365&products_id=11737

I'm assuming it should be suitable to use with an Asus rampage 3 extreme, can somebody confirm this, and also tell me where the jack would plug into on the board, also how is it viewable from windows, I'm read that it will appear in bios.

I have searched exhaustively to find info on this temp sensor working with a rampage 3 extreme, to no avail..

Thanks in advance.

-Az

Relevancy 76.54%

Please help I'm at a loss as to what to try next My system recently started performing unexpected shutdowns BSOD reboots seemingly at random and always when under load First noticed when doing Handbrake rips to m v files Sometimes generating a GB p file would go normally 64 Ultimate III Rampage 7 on - Unexpected Extreme Shutdowns Windows then doing a GB p rip would case a reboot Tried the Windows memory tests -- always passes OK Tried the PassMark BurnIn Test Standard with default settings and got a reboot within minutes Have been monitoring temps via HWMonitor and nothing unusual -- all temps are OK Overclocking is all ASUS defaults Unexpected Shutdowns - Windows 7 64 Ultimate on Rampage III Extreme CPU-Z reports CPU at GHz with to core voltage Memory shows DRAM freq of MHz - - - and NB freq of GHz Very few hours on this machine I use this box infrequently -- intended mostly for video editing and After Effects work Windows x Ultimate retail - clean install less than months ago GB RAM -- Windows memory tests always end OK i Bloomfield ASUS Rampage III Extreme Corsair Gold EX supply Booting from GB RAID Data on GB RAID All drivers are up-to-date Security Essentials runs in GB Also regularly use WinASO CCleaner and MalwareBytes I'm attaching the contents of the Windows NT BSOD jcgriff folder as per instructions Thanks

A:Unexpected Shutdowns - Windows 7 64 Ultimate on Rampage III Extreme

2 Kits RMA'd by Kingston after Memtest86 reported failures in multiple addresses.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/216734-unexpected-shutdowns-windows-7-64-ultimate-rampage-iii-extreme.html
Relevancy 76.54%

i bought the board second hand with no manual, just wondering, where i plug the 12v there is a cap in half of the quad slot, my psu has a quad connector, should i remove the plug?

My new system is:

antec 1000w psu
2 X 1gb msi 250gts in sli

Relevancy 75.68%

Hey guys, I'm trying to overclock my i7 920 but despite updating the bios to v.1406 i can't manage to find the BCLK frequency. I've searched google and the few pictures of the rampage II extremes 1406 bios have the option there, whereas mine doesn't...

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-find-bclk-option-in-rampage-ii-extreme-bios.848695/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hey guys, I've searched for quite a while now, and can't seem to find anything regarding my issue...

I upgraded my bios from 0402 to 1401 just before and now I don't seem to have turbo mode, can anyone tell me the exact setting in the bios to enable disable it, as i can't even seem to find info on that... I can't quite remember what it was called in the older bios, and im sure it wasn't ambiguous... it's always been enabled so i never had to enable it... resetting to default doesn't re-enable it...

I know this is a noob question, but I just can't get it to enable

Thanks in advance guys...

Relevancy 73.53%

I had my Asus laptop for a while now then I restarted it but stay on the windows 10 but now it loads on ASUS IN SEARCH OF INCREDIBLE then turns black then shuts off then turns on and does the same thing until I turn it off but when I turn it back on it does the same thing somebody help me also my battery is built in so I can't take it out

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3134938/hard-asus-laptop-loading-asus-search-incredible-black-screen-shuts.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Greetings,

My almost 3 year old Asus X52 F3SV Notebook suddenly froze and shut itself down today. It will not boot past the 'Asus' logo screen. The furthest it got was 'loading windows', but quickly rebooted once that screen showed up.
It has been running quite hot lately, but i cleaned the fan out last weekend, and it had been running without problem since then.
I'm running Windows Vista Premium, with no other real problems until now, with up to date windows updates and regular Spybot and anti-virus scans.
There were random multicoloured lines running through the Asus screen on the first reboot after freezing. Could it be my graphics card? (Nvidia 8600m). I did not hear any crackling/popping sounds, so I really hope it's not dead yet.
I've looked around these forums, but couldn't find a similar problem/solution.

Thank you.

A:Asus x52 F3SV notebook not booting past Asus screen

Try running Bios defaults

This settings area can be called:
Bios Setup
CMOS Settings
System Setup
even just Setup
You can enter it by pressing the keyboard key that is displayed on your screen when first turning on your computer
Its sometimes:
A Fn Button like F1, or F2, or F10 or some other Fn key
DEL key
(whatever the computer states on screen when you first turn on your computer)
Once in Bios Setup, locate Setup Defaults (sometimes called Optimized Defaults)
Apply it, then Save and Exit Bios Settings (which is usually F10, but it will tell you in the Bios Settings screen)

If that doesn't help try reming and re-seating your Ram cards (even your hard drive)
You can download your Manual to find the locations of these components, but they are usually located under the laptop, under the covers

If it is your Video card (onboard) then that was be a big concern
You may need to locate the disassemble guide online, then blow out all internal dust

It may also require a CheckDisk scan
You can read HERE on how to do that outside Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x52-f3sv-notebook-not-booting-past-asus-screen.138116/