Windows Support Forum

Screen issue dell 1520

Q: Screen issue dell 1520

Have an unusual mark on screen at startup then green lines and pink but otherwise pc ok cannot upload jpeg image for some reason

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-issue-dell-1520.208131/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Screen issue dell 1520

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 78.26%

Hi All Interesting problem with this POS Dell My classmate sent it to Dell start-up issue 1520 me from NY it arrived in fine shape the issue is that it had no hard drive and no ram missing the hinge cover all that s doable he sent the oem adapter I had a known Dell 1520 start-up issue good working sitting around and a couple sticks of ram The unit is cosmetically fine So I drop in the ram and the drive plug it in wait a few hours walla battery is fully charged so I hit the power button and power light comes on tic toc tic toc that was then the power light off So I was ok I will run Dell 1520 start-up issue through the motions I pulled the battery did the cycle routing blah blah Shoot no go did the shine the flash light thing on the screen nothing So I ran through the memory thing swapped slots confirmed the fan comes on popped in a brand new drive checked the keyboard checked all the screws undid the keyboard everything is good So I put all that back together hooked up my test monitor yes I know about the F N key still no video So I took the ram out of my personal laptop nothing I called him and told him were looking at a new mobo he is like ok find out and let me know I found one but this morning I decided to strip it down and see what if anything was going on inside I stripped it down and too my surprise I would eat off the inside of that machine yes it has integrated graphics the power jack is independent of the mobo and it isn t loose in its mount In fact for a laptop that age damn thing is in excellent shape except it don t work Anybody got any ides I haven t covered here frankly I am stumped Thanx Mac nbsp

A:Dell 1520 start-up issue

I believe at least some Inspiron 1520's have a discrete Graphics card. If that one does you could try just replacing that. You might need to replace the motherboard as well but I would try the card first if the cost is reasonable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-1520-start-up-issue.1124900/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hey guys,

I recently formatted my PC and installed Vista Ultimate on it, after many attempts at installing the microphone slot (that you plug in beside headphones) I gave up with the Sigmatel drivers and decided to try and get the webcam microphone working but it doesn't show up anywhere even after I installed the microphone and the dell webcam manager program. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you

(the problem I had with Sigmatel was that if I installed the driver it would make the sound stop working as well, even though it showed "playback" and "recording" as working in the sound options. I ended up just removing the Sigmatel drivers and have to use the ones Vista installed automatically - the file I was using to install the drivers was R171786)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-1520-webcam-microphone-issue.825211/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi Everyone As the title says about i have a Dell Vostro and im running Windows with a bit It is only years only It started about a month ago I was on my laptop viewing and Black screen. Vostro login screen Dell reach Wont 1520. deleting some unwanted photos i had A few minutes later Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen i realized that i deleted a photo that i wanted So i went to the recycling bin and restored that photo When i went back to my photos and went into the album it said something like i do no have permission to access this folder Please press continue to get full permission I clicked continue and i got the access i should have Now i tried many more random folders and the same Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen thing happened Also when i came Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen out of the folders the folders had a big pad lock sign on the front of it After that i shut down the laptop and went to turn it back on The laptop will power on like normal I can press f for the boot options which i have already tried many times I also tried it in safe mode and what-not but still nothing I can hear the fan and stuff spinning up like normal I have also put and CD into the CD ROM and that spins up fine So after the Dell logo on the screen it goes black and stays that way with the cursor You can move the cursor around no problem I should also add that the battery light is and has been flashing for a good wile Its flashing orange and blue I m wondering if this has anything to do with the battery Because my laptop will not charge with the AC adapter in it for many months now It will only stay powered on with the AC adapter plugged in One more thing The LED lights over the buttons None of the are flashing besides one on the far left And i cant find out anywhere what this LED light stands for It looks like a battery to me Any advice would be so great The way it is now i don t care about the laptop I really want to hope i can save my pictures and videos i have on there nbsp

A:Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen

Since its a laptop the harddrive is easy to pull out and remove.If you have or can get a usb sata/ide connector hook the drive to that and then to another computer if you have one so you can save all of your important data like pix, music, etc.The laptop battery is going to have to be replaced since its no longer charging properly.It sounds like there might be a short somewhere or a power supply problem along with a bad battery.Or possibly something might be wrong with the screen or video or graphics card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-vostro-1520-black-screen-wont-reach-login-screen.1031342/
Relevancy 75.68%

SO I bought a Dell inspiron 1520 only to find out it has the Unmnountable Boot Volume blue screen error. I downloaded the rc.iso and attempted to reboot it it goes through the setup and then bam another blue screen that reads
Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0xf748e0bf, 0xf78da208, 0xf78d9f08)

*** pci.sys - address f748e0bf base at f7487000, datestamp 3b7d855c
.....Where do I go from here?

A:Dell inspiron 1520 Unmnountable Boot Volume Issue please help

Hi -Did you make sure the Recovery Console matched the version installed on your computer ??How to Boot Into a Recovery Partition on a Dell Inspiron Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434890/dell-inspiron-1520-unmnountable-boot-volume-issue-please-help/
Relevancy 75.25%

Having some issues with my Inspiron 1520... I had hooked it up to an external display via the S-Video output, went through the normal routine except this time the display did not show up on the TV. I had to restart the computer using the power button, but when it restarted the screen no longer shows up, just get a blank black screen. The Power and Numlock displays are lit up and I've tried connecting to the TV again as well as to a external monitor to no avail.

A:Dell 1520 blank screen

Hello and Welcome! It may be that your video card driver has become corrupt during the aforementioned process. Try booting into safe mode. (Do so by tapping the F8 key while the computer is booting).. If it will boot into safe mode then go to Device manager (right click 'My Computer', choose Properties/Hardware Tab/Device Manager) and uninstall the Display adapter. Restart the pc and Windows will re-install it. You may have to set the proper resolution again. Good Luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-1520-blank-screen.800913/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi there Last night my girlfriend s laptop display turned off and wouldn Screen Insprion Black Dell 1520 t Dell Insprion 1520 Black Screen seem to come back on I hooked up an external display and it worked fine I then took it apart and checked the connects to the display and they looked fine as Dell Insprion 1520 Black Screen well Dell Insprion 1520 Black Screen After this I got the screen to come on for a few minutes When the screen is on it flickers and makes a slight buzzing noise Also the bottom right of the screen from the front bottom left from the back gets very very hot It turns off after a few minutes I took it apart again after this and noticed that the tape on the bottom left from the back- the origin of the noise and the heat was starting to melt Does this imply that there is a short with a wire in the display If so is it something that is fixable if I open up the LCD If not would purchasing a replacement LCD panel be the cheapest repair option Any and all help would be greatly appreciated Thank you very much ps I can add pictures if needed and if that would help Model Number PP L Inspiron Service Tag FBHGDD nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

Having some issues with my Inspiron 1520... I had hooked it up to an external display via the S-Video output, went through the normal routine except this time the display did not show up on the TV. I had to restart the computer using the power button, but when it restarted the screen no longer shows up, just get a blank black screen. The Power and Numlock displays are lit up and I've tried connecting to the TV again as well as to a exernal monitor to no avail.

I've had a lot of problems with the video card prior to this and I've had it replaced once and unfortunately my warranty is expired. Just trying to figure out if this is a hardware issue or a problem with the external options. Any help is appreciated.

Running on Windows Vista with a 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 8600M GT GPU.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-1520-screen-blank.759353/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hey guys,

I recently formatted my PC and installed Vista Ultimate on it, after many attempts at installing the microphone slot (that you plug in beside headphones) I gave up with the Sigmatel drivers and decided to try and get the webcam microphone working but it doesn't show up anywhere even after I installed the microphone and the dell webcam manager program. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you

(the problem I had with Sigmatel was that if I installed the driver it would make the sound stop working as well, even though it showed "playback" and "recording" as working in the sound options. I ended up just removing the Sigmatel drivers and have to use the ones Vista installed automatically - the file I was using to install the drivers was R171786)

A:Vista Ultimate integrated webcam driver microphone issue - Dell Inspiron 1520

Hi & Welcome.

This could be because you installed the wrong driver, are you absolutely sure you have the right one - you have to take into account that your OS has a bit (x86 or x64), you're OS have a service pack, it has a package (Ultimate, Basic), etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ultimate-integrated-webcam-driver-microphone-issue-dell-inspiron-1520-a-374049.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Is there any update that helps solving screen flickering issue on Lumia 1520. Please provide us the update so that it helps in using the phone with no issues.
Lumia 1520 is an awesome Top end phone in windows. Not liking to loosing it.

A:***Need Update in windows 10 for Lumia 1520 screen flickering issue.

Originally Posted by Rajesh MM Is there any update that helps solving screen flickering issue on Lumia 1520. Please provide us the update so that it helps in using the phone with no issues.
Lumia 1520 is an awesome Top end phone in windows. Not liking to loosing it.
As i read in the Microsoft forums, about the similar issue i have come to the conclusion that it is an hardware issue and should not be confused with the software.
i hereby quote 93tid ( Microsoft Forums Community Moderator)
" The 1520 suffers from a lot of screen problems due to lower quality components as a result of cost cutting. In order to eliminate any potential software causes you can first try performing a hard reset from settings > about > reset my phone. If that does not help, go for a full firmware reinstall using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool . If the problem persists, take it to a Nokia Care facility for inspection/repair."
Following his steps you should have a visit to nokia care or the one providing authorized service in your area.
Further for your own reading, here is the link to the actual forums :> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/m...e4555a6?page=4

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440417-%2A%2A%2Aneed-update-windows-10-lumia-1520-screen-flickering-issue.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows Vista OS I have a Dell printer interfaced to it via USB Printer driver is installed and the printer does communicate at times with the computer and does a good job printing However intermittently when trying to print a document I ll get a message on the computer that says that communication has been lost and print job failed I ve checked all connections to make sure they are solid and Dell 926 Communication 1520 between computer and Inspiron Dell printer problems no debris that might cause this That has not corrected the problem The other thing that happens is that the document I want to print will stay in the print queue spooler and if I shut the computer and printer down and restart both it will print the job And it may continue to print jobs but it s just a matter of time Needless to say this is frustrating I can print several jobs in a row Communication problems between Dell 926 printer and Dell Inspiron 1520 computer with no problem and then I ll get this quot communication has been lost between printer and computer quot And I have to go thru the procedure above to get the last job printed My wife doesn t understand how this works and will try to print the same job several times with the commo problem and then complains when it won t print and then they all print when the above procedure is followed Any ideas what is going Communication problems between Dell 926 printer and Dell Inspiron 1520 computer on Any fixes nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/communication-problems-between-dell-926-printer-and-dell-inspiron-1520-computer.975444/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello everyone I have a very pressing problem I had Vista running on my Inspiron Laptop I recently upgraded to Windows ever since then I have had terrible trouble with my Wireless Card The driver for the card often comes up as not being able to start I often get Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card can not start Code I have read that this was a problem when reinstalling a OS or installing a new one with this card I believe I may need a driver with Inspiron Problem Mini-Card 1520 WLAN Dell Dell Wireless 1390 for the chip set or something similar I also understand that I may have to swap back to Vista though I really do hope I don't I do believe that a recent update from Dell has made this problem chronic as I did not have this problem when I immediately got the laptop back I really am hoping that I can get some help here as Dell is Dell 1520 Inspiron Problem with Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card not bothered to help as Dell 1520 Inspiron Problem with Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card I am out of warranty and they don't seem to care about this older model laptop Thanks again for all your help Conor Ireland

A:Dell 1520 Inspiron Problem with Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card

Welcome to SF, Conor. Dia dhuit.

Dell does not have a Windows 7 driver for your card. You can try installing the driver in compatibility mode.

HOW TO: Install a Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/117583-dell-1520-inspiron-problem-dell-wireless-1390-wlan-mini-card.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello About days ago my dell laptop got infected by anti-malware doctor and was basically usage After quite a while I managed to get NEED 1520 HDD Dell Inspiron HELP! rid of most of the infected files and therefore decided to re-install vista so my system was not infected When I booted from disk my laptop did not read it then restarted and loaded up vista again the disk does work as I tried it on another laptop To make sure my disk drive wasn't broke I then put in a Linux Ubuntu disk which loaded fine as my vista was broke I installed Ubuntu onto my laptop and selected use entire disk to wipe any infected files Ubuntu worked fine but I don't like it so I put the content of the vista disk on a USB stick to try and re-install it When I selected boo from USB I got an error message with code xc I tried the USB in another laptop which also worked fine I then deleted Ubuntu and tried installing vista again which again did not work I finally tried putting Ubuntu back on so that I could actually use my laptop but during installation it comes up saying 'There may be a problem with your disk drive or HDD please try again' I can still run Ubuntu with the disk in put only as a trail and no files are saved I have searched error code xc Dell Inspiron 1520 HDD NEED HELP! and it is a hard drive failure on forums I have seen people have said they will have to buy a new hard drive First of all is there any way to solve this problem without buying a new HDD Would a new HDD fix this problem more specifically this one http cgi ebay co uk DELL-INSPIRON- ht wt And If I do buy a new HDD will it simply be put it in put vista disk in and install and I'm ready to go again Any help will be greatly appricated Thanks Ryan H

A:Dell Inspiron 1520 HDD NEED HELP!

and welcome to the Forum

Do you have the BIOS set to boot first from CD?

If you have the Dell System restore ( not all Dells do ) you can use that and you will not need a install CD

http://support.dell.com/support/topi...t?docid=181316

If not, You can get a reinstallation guide specific to your Dell here

You can request a replacement instalation cd here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-inspiron-1520-hdd-need-help-500560.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Screen is blank, when I open and close lap top it appears and disappears. I reseated battery and disconnect electrical. It appears I can see and use laptop in battery mode, but when I plug in power, the screen goes to black - remove and screen becomes a working entity. Problem is that it wears down the battery in 5 minutes.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

A:Dell inspirin 1520

1. If connecting directly to an outlet does not work one or more of 3 things is bad: a) port where the adapter plugs into the Inspiron b) charger, c) if it is a 2 piece charger the wire connecting the charger to the wire for electricity.

2. If the battery only last 5 minutes then either the battery is worn out and needs replacing or because of the above problems, the battery is not getting charged.

You might have to buy a new charger just to see if that is the problem.

If you keep the laptop off overnight and plugged into the power, when you turn it on the next day, what does the battery read as a charge?

If you can't tell, download and install this: http://batterybarpro.com/
scroll down to BatteryBar Free Basic Version.
I run this and it give enough useful information for me.

There will be an icon near your clock which indicates the % of battery remaining when you right click and the icon tells you about how much time left when the laptop is operating only on battery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspirin-1520.1159581/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi All

Hope someone can help. I have just bought a new Dell Inspiron 1520. When I boot up all the desktop icons appear ok but when all the icon in the tray at the botom appear my screen goes blank 3 times for about a second every time. I have disable the items in the tray but it still happens. Any tgoughts

Thanks Desy

A:Dell Inspiron 1520

I would post a hijack this log in here and let a Security type look at it.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-1520.693894/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello, my problem is that after 20-25 minutes of inactivity, my laptop freezes, when you what to go to a app the computer enters in a "not responding" mode, with that I need to press the Power botton and shut down the machine and start all again.

What could be the problem?

I contacted Dell, but the computer is out of warranty. They told me that could be the bios, but how knows

Regards
Martin

A:Dell Inspiron 1520 Problem

The current Bios is A09: http://support.dell.com/support/dow...typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=264345

But it may just be a power management issue, check these settings Start > Run > powercfg.cpl

Also here's all your updated drivers: http://support.dell.com/support/dow...SystemID=INS_PNT_PM_1520&hidos=WLH&hidlang=en

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1520-problem.139201/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am running XP - OS. For the last few days I cannot get my computer to 'shut down' at the end of the day, so I have been letting it 'hibernate'. Any ideas? Thanx.

A:Dell inspiron 1520 will not 'shut down'

Hello tedth56th,

Have you made any software or hardware changes lately?

First thing i would do is give your computer a Full Scan using malwarebytes, that can be found here:Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - CNET Download.com, Just so we can be sure its not a virus of any kind.

Secondly you will need access to your XP Installation disk, We will check to make sure none of your system files are damaged.

Go to your task bar and select "Run". type in that box "SFC /SCANNOW" You will be required to insert your Windows XP disk if it find any damaged files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-inspiron-1520-will-not-shut-down-663417.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 Laptop running Windows Vista. I was getting the occasional BSOD and decided to reformat the Hard drive back to Factory Image. I was hoping that this would end my BSOD problem, but it did not. While installing some windows updates, I received a BSOD. Below is some info that could help us solve this issue. Thanks for the help!

Dump File : Mini061410-01.dmp
Crash Time : 6/14/2010 9:45:08 PM
Bug Check String : BAD_POOL_CALLER
Bug Check Code : 0x000000c2
Parameter 1 : 0x00000007
Parameter 2 : 0x0000110b
Parameter 3 : 0x00000000
Parameter 4 : 0xc48ee008
Caused By Driver : ntkrnlpa.exe
Caused By Address : ntkrnlpa.exe+cdb8d
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : 32-bit

A:BSOD on Dell Inspiron 1520!

Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)No installation required.Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334600/bsod-on-dell-inspiron-1520/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi There
Can any one help with my problem.

I Have a Dell Inspiron 1520 Laptop, I have a problem it shuts down when i connect it to net using my M1(Vodafone-SG) Huawei E960 Terminal, as soon as i connect to internet, without showing any errors.

Advance Thanks For your valuable solution.

Shree...

A:Dell Inspiron 1520 Shuts Down

You may have to use a separate powered USB adapter to connect the M1(Vodafone-SG) Huawei E960 Terminal to the laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1520-shuts-down.114099/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I recently upgraded a Dell Inspiron 1520 from Vista to Win 7. All went fine except l have no wireless Internet connection.

The switch does not seem to work, the wireless Led does not light up.

THe network card does not show in device manager unless l view hidden.

I have installed every wireless driver l can find to no avail.

Any ideas please??

A:Dell Inspiron 1520 upgrade to Win 7

hi did you try this link to help find correct driver .
http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/detect.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359830/dell-inspiron-1520-upgrade-to-win-7/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey everyone, i hope i am in the right place for my question. i have a Dell 1520 that origanlly had Vista on it, it also has a D:\ partition that is a restore partiton of 10gigs (for Vista). i have upgraded to Windows 7 but that partiton is still there. my question is, is it poosible to create a Windows 7 restore partition to repace the Vista restore partition, and if so how? , or can i just reclaim that 10Gigs since i dont think i will be going back to Vista.

Thanks in advance.

A:Restore partition on Dell 1520

That D partition brings you back to the original settings, you had, when you bought your computer. You can delete it, since the Discs that you received with your compueter have the same information, it was created by Dell.
If you already installed Win 7, there should already be a sep restore partition, now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/40821-restore-partition-dell-1520-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 Laptop running Windows Vista. I was getting the occasional BSOD and decided to reformat the Hard drive back to Factory Image. I was hoping that this would end my BSOD problem, but it did not. While installing some windows updates, I received a BSOD. Below is some info that could help us solve this issue. Thanks for the help!

Dump File : Mini061410-01.dmp
Crash Time : 6/14/2010 9:45:08 PM
Bug Check String : BAD_POOL_CALLER
Bug Check Code : 0x000000c2
Parameter 1 : 0x00000007
Parameter 2 : 0x0000110b
Parameter 3 : 0x00000000
Parameter 4 : 0xc48ee008
Caused By Driver : ntkrnlpa.exe
Caused By Address : ntkrnlpa.exe+cdb8d
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : 32-bit

A:BSOD with Dell Inspiron 1520

I ran Memtest to see if the memory was faulty, but that came back with no problems. I was going to run a hard drive test, but found out that Toshiba doesn't have their own test diagnostics. Any other ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-with-dell-inspiron-1520.938157/
Relevancy 59.77%

I got a laptop in my shop that has fallen victim to yet another spillage incident this time it happens to 1520 on Inspiron No power Dell be red wine insert facepalm smiley here The owner claimed to have spilled the beverage into the keyboard area The computer supposedly worked after sitting No power on Dell Inspiron 1520 for a day or so which isn t really enough time imho and now it won t power up at all--battery or aux power I took the laptop apart right down to the motherboard and tested a few components The RAM HDD optical drive and battery are all fine but there was some sticky wine residue on some of the internals I couldn t see and physical damage to the circuits but my guess is that it must have shorted out somewhere I checked all of the connections for the power button and screen but i couldn t find any problems None of the LEDs seem to work at all even when the computer is plugged in The fan does not spin and I hear no beeps or the usual boot sounds It appears as if the machine is dead but I was looking for some quick advice before I return it as such Any ideas nbsp

A:No power on Dell Inspiron 1520

Wash it upside down with distilled water only... and use a lot of it, then dry it upside down for seven days without the use of fans as they generate static electricity which is the real evil.

The drying wine sugar can act as a conductor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-on-dell-inspiron-1520.150777/
Relevancy 59.77%

I need help!!
3 weeks back, i was watching a show on my dell on VLC media player, and the sound suddenly started vanishing. Then it completely went. I treid everything since then-
1. updating all my drivers
2. running ccleaner
3. running all antivirus- there were 2 threats detected and quarintined.

Still there is no sound.

What should I do?

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi
I have a dell inspiron 1520 laptop with a screen problem
which is when I take my power supply out of the laptop the screen goes blank like when the inverter has gone but it works perfectly with the power supply but really dark without any ideas anyone
Cheers
kev

Relevancy 59.77%

I have the PBDS dual layer dvd drive on my dell inspiron 1520 which I got from my phone company back in 2007, The system still works great even with windows 10, but the dvd drive no longer shows in the bios and is no longer detected.   I have to use a unbent paperclip to open the drive but it will not spin up....how do I get it to be discovered in bios?   I am also wondering about upgrades for this laptop besides a new hard drive, or power adapter or battery.  Is there anything available to be able to use bluetooth on this system.   it works better than an acer laptop I got when I went to school.  and any ideas on renewing the letters and numbers on the keyboard

A:dvd drive on Dell Inspiron 1520

Hi,
Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.
I would recommend you to reseat the Optical Drive as it could be a connection issue. Please follow the instructions from page 54 of the service manual from the link below to reseat the optical drive:
http://dell.to/1UlUNzo
In case if the optical drive is still not detected, it could be faulty and needs to be replaced based on the system warranty. 
Unfortunately, there aren't much upgrade options available for this model apart from the one's already mentioned by you. 
The easiest way to get the bluetooth functionality on this system is to use a third party USB Bluetooth Adapter. I would recommend to check the system requirements to confirm the compatibility with your system. 
The letters on the keyboard usually fade away over a period of time with usage/wear & tear. Unfortunately, wear and tear issues are not covered under the warranty. The recommended action in this case would be to order and install a new keyboard. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19676482
Relevancy 59.77%

my dell inspiron vista must have contracted some virus and it DOES NOT boot up at all I scoured my room at home and school inspiron won't boot 1520 dell to locate the recovery disk and have found nothing now I've been reading everything from quot the inspiron doesn't come with recovery disks quot to quot it does and if you do not have them try this link http support euro dell com support top THAT SITE'S ADVICE DOES NOT WORK because after I press F and enter on repair your computer the screen goes blank and nothing happens is there any way to fix my computer NOTE ASIDE FROM DIRECTING ME TO THE WEBSITE ABOVE I don't even care about losing files dell inspiron 1520 won't boot as there is nothing on my laptop I have not dell inspiron 1520 won't boot backed up already my computer is still also under warranty and I've heard that if it wouldn't boot up with the recovery disk they would replace it but again I do not have the recovery disk thanks for any help

A:dell inspiron 1520 won't boot

and welcome to the Forum

If you have the Dell System restore ( not all Dells do ) you can use that and you will not need a install CD

http://support.dell.com/support/topi...t?docid=181316

If not, You can get a reinstallation guide specific to your Dell here

You can request a replacement instalation cd here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-inspiron-1520-wont-boot-446528.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi guys!

Recently I brought a Dell Inspiron 1520 notebook. The problem that I am facing is that whenever I try to make a copy of a DVD, may that contain videos or data, it takes a hell lot of time.

When I selected DVD Copy in Nero 7, it took about 90 minutes to make an image and then copy the same to another DVD.

In PowerISO, it took about 55 Minutes just to make an image of a 4 GB DVD.

I am unable to figure out why is this taking such a hell lot of time. Is there some kind of a setting that can help me or is it a hardware problem.

Please help.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-in-writing-dvd-in-dell-1520.721533/
Relevancy 59.34%

I would like to disable the touchpad on my dell inspiron 1520....I looked in the book, and it said to go to Hardware and sound in control panel, then click on keyboard, and I can use the mouse properties there to disable the touchpad. I don't have a hardware and sound category in my control panel. What do I do now?

A:disabling touchpad Dell Inspiron 1520

You didn't say if your Dell Inspiron 1520 is running Windows XP or Windows Vista or Windows 7.

All 3 operating systems have a Mouse entry in the Control Panel.

The mouse properties window should have a setting for disabling the touchpad.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-touchpad-dell-inspiron-1520.1086099/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP on a Dell Inspiron This is a yr old laptop and with the battery being completely dead since the past one year I have been running the machine by plugging it into a socket Now sometime last month the machine started shutting down abruptly This used to happen at random intervals with no set pattern Sometimes it would run fine for days while other times it would shut down within mins of startup The shut down behaviour was as if someone had removed the power supply - the laptop would just go point blank dead I had the machine checked - the fan was found to have dust blockage so it Dell shuts 1520 on abruptly Vista down. was cleaned up And the thermal paste was found to have dried up so a new layer was applied The machine ran well for some days but then the same shut down problem started again I had it sent back to the technician but it supposedly runs fine when he's testing it he Vista on Dell 1520 abruptly shuts down. loads the machine with video audio and a couple of Vista on Dell 1520 abruptly shuts down. programmes So I get the machine back home and lo-behold the problem is back And as before its abrupt with no set pattern I ran a Speccy http speccy piriform com results B Vista on Dell 1520 abruptly shuts down. v lzxGLT FX hn maWZBoand as you can see the CPU is running at degrees celsius with one malware bytes scan and one firefox window running Is that too hot for a laptop Or is it normal I have an authentic version of Kaspersky Anti Virus installed and I regularly run Malwarebytes Ad aware and Spybot so I am pretty sure that I am not infected I am afraid that once I start using my regular programmes on it heavy intensive hr periods of Auto CAD Photoshop and Sketchup the machine will again start shutting down Any suggestions anyone

A:Vista on Dell 1520 abruptly shuts down.

I would clean out your computer with a nice can of compressed air.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352482/vista-on-dell-1520-abruptly-shuts-down/
Relevancy 59.34%

My laptop picked up a virus. Can not run any program. I downloaded Combofix and ran it. Combofix warned that an antivirus program is running and can not guarantee the success. The computer locked and I restarted the computer. Now computer will not boot. Tried onboard NIC and no luck. Reset all values to factory default and still there is no luck. Can anyone help me. CPU has dual processor.

Thx.

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there.
I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 and the display is very faint. But you can just about see it if you shine a tourch on it.
I replaced the inverter with a new one, but that did not cure it.
It feeds to an external monitor perfectly, and doing this I have reinstalled Windows xp pro with no problems.
So I presume the laptop is working correctly, and the screen is not damaged, as everything functions as it should, apart from the display.
Any ideas or help would be really great, as other than using it permanantly linked to an external monitor, (bit of a problem with portability...lol), it is a great laptop.
Many thanks in advance.
Deevie.

A:Dell Inspiron 1520 display very faint

The test you did with the torch would indicate the backlight has blown. It's a tricky job to replace it so if you are not confortable taking it apart I would get a (recommended) professional.

And, yes it is a great laptop, I have the exact same model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1520-display-very-faint.167916/
Relevancy 59.34%

I recently bought a Dell vostro 1520. The configuration is:

-Intel® Core? 2 Duo T6670 w/VT (2.1GHz, 2MB L2, 800MHz FSB)
-Genuine Windows® 7 Professional, with Media, 32-bit, English
-4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz, 2 DIMM
-Intel® Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
-500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with Free Fall Sensor

After a few upgrades, Windows7 started giving me trouble. After using system restore 3-4 times, when the problems didnt stop, I formatted my hard drive.

Now I am trying to install Windows xp on my laptop, but it gives an error "bootmgr.exe is missing".

Kindly help me to install windows xp.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-vostro-1520-bootmgr-is-missing.148969/
Relevancy 59.34%

Greetiings everyone I ve been using a Dell Vostro laptop with the following specs FPS Dell Vostro 1520 Random Drops in Win x Intel Core Duo P GHZ GB Ram nVidia GeForce M GS Since Random FPS Drops in Dell Vostro 1520 a few months back whenever I run on a game it gets random FPS drops from early on -Just a few seconds from being started- not allowing me to play at all no matter how soft the game is in graphic matters I have tried from games like League of Legends to Dragon Ball Online RPG maker based games browser based games -Facebook games and such- and I always end up by having random FPS drops to All my drivers are updated I made a clear windows instalation yesterday to be sure if there was something OS related and it seems not even in compatibility mode my games won t run properly I m now appealing to you in the following question Does anyone have any idea on what could be going on Thanks for taking the time to read this and thank you in advance from the responses

A:Random FPS Drops in Dell Vostro 1520

Siegfriedv,
Unfortunately, there are no Windows 10 drivers available for download for this computer. Dell did not verify Windows 10 on the Vostro 1520 laptop. Also, the Vostro 1520 laptop was designed for small businesses and not gaming. 
Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade
Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19992255
Relevancy 59.34%

Ive been workin with this laptop because my friend has been having some connectivity issues with it. It has been working perfect for me until i recently turned it on and and the screen is just blank. it makes all the start up sounds when windows has loaded and what not. But all i see is a black illuminated screen. The screen isnt blank like there is no signal, but i can see the back lights are illuminated just desktop image or anything. Any help would be very much appreciated.

A:Dell Inspiron 1520 display problem

RESOLVED: I took the battery out and let the computer sit for about 30 minutes. plugged the battery back in fired it up and monitor is working. Not sure what the deal was, but this seemed to help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1520-display-problem.163656/
Relevancy 59.34%

i have just loaded the software for the dell webcam centre. it has loaded perfectly but every time i want to take a pic or make a video it say camera undetected please plug in. how can that be possible if the camera is intergrated into the laptop? what can i do to resolve this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-1520-intergrated-camera.648397/
Relevancy 59.34%

My dell inspiron 1520 says no battery detected . and i also noticed that the fan is not working.the problem happened just 4 days ago.when my laptop was totally dischharged 2 times in a row.Then first it didnt charge more than 40%.then increases a little bit to 43%.and today when i was using it on battery power and it showed warning that 11 min left i shut it down .when i restarted with AC power critical battery charge led was blinking and showing only 29% charged and charging. but the charge remained 29%.and now it is showing no battery detected.if i disconnect the AC charger the laptop immediately turns off. My laptop is abt 18 months old but never gave any problem before. i opened the battery and again reattached it .but nothing changed.my warranty was 1 year. . can someone tell me what to do??

edit: i have noticed that bios is loading very slowly sometimes at startup now.

A:Dell Inspiron 1520 says no battery detected

Hi

sounds like the battery has failed, 18 months isnt bad in the world of laptops.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1520-says-no-battery-detected.128844/
Relevancy 59.34%

Any help getting the right driver for Inspiron 1520 with win 7 Ultimate 64 bit, i can't
get the scroll to work.
Thanks Shawn

A:Touchpad Driver for Dell Inspiron 1520

Hi sfstrong, welcome to the forums, here is a direct link to the synaptics 64bit driver ftp://ftp1.dell.com/input/R244796.EXE

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/191062-touchpad-driver-dell-inspiron-1520-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey there Just been given a laptop from someone to see if I can do anything with it Basically when trying to boot into windows it will get as far as the logon screen and from there it just hangs It does however boot into safe mode although problem Vista Windows Dell 1520 it takes a long time to get into it Tried changing startup programs Dell 1520 Windows Vista problem and reinstalling drivers with no luck I then thought of reinstalling windows but I have a few problems Firstly the laptop is Vista home basic I only have the Home Premium CD However the laptop has a recovery partition So I press F when the computer turns on get into the advanced options and select quot Repair your computer quot which after looking around seems to be how to access it Thing is it does nothing No repair screen like others have it just boots up as normal So really I m wondering is there any other way of accessing that or installing windows Thanks nbsp

A:Dell 1520 Windows Vista problem

The "recovery partition" exists, true. However, the recovery discs are still necessary to access it. Beyond that, Dell ships with a password protected, locked BIOS. This is to prevent people that have, "Just been given a laptop from someone to see if I can do anything with it", from doing something with it. This is where the SNAFU erupts. To enlist the help of Dell, you would need a legitimate bill of sale from the prior owner. I suppose you could always ask the person who gave it to you for the recovery discs. The catch 22 here is, they've usually lost the recovery discs, which is why, "they didn't do anything with it".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-1520-windows-vista-problem.152110/
Relevancy 59.34%

I recently removed my hard drive and connected it to my desktop in or to scan for malware and virus. after connecting via USB/sata adaptor i rcvd alert that drive was completely blank! now what. i reinserted drive into laptop and attempted pc restore only to have it fail upon restart. An attempt at reinstalling XP with the reinstall disc leaves me frozen after choosing fresh copy.

A:Dell 1520 hard drive crash

looks like you need a new HDD, if you can give me how much you want to spend i can help you out. also do you live in USA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-1520-hard-drive-crash.143788/
Relevancy 59.34%

Let Stop for Win at Dell Inspiron XP 1520 BSOD SP3 s see Dell Inspiron Running Win XP SP IE No issues with computer since purchase Don t run peer to peer Last Win XP SP3 Dell Inspiron 1520 BSOD for Stop at week decided to install Avira AntiVir - had been running Avast and it was driving us nuts with its pop-ups in the taskbar Thursday night set AntiVir to run a full scan of the drives left it running went to bed Woke up to BSOD with something about the Kernel and a Page Fault looked like something had tried to load on top of something else I knew was bad I ran CHKDSK R - took it almost hours the first time find many bad clusters Win XP SP3 Dell Inspiron 1520 BSOD for Stop at files etc said it fixed them ran it twice more until it came back clean My desktop failed at the same time it caught a virus Spent the entire weekend pulling doc files off to an external HD on both computers burned them both down amp rebuilt with factory restore disks made sure to format drives Desktop now seems to be running fine Oh bought AVG Internet Security amp loaded on both computers during the rebuild scans come back clean Since laptop rebuild have twice gotten a BSOD for a lot of binary but it also says STOP dxec sys I ve done a little reading amp this is an audio driver of Win XP SP3 Dell Inspiron 1520 BSOD for Stop at some nature but I ve gone beyond my technological boundaries I ve not yet reloaded the data on this computer but would rather not have to rebuild it again since I don t know what the issue is Another weirdness - as I ve been typing the cursor has jumped just once so far this time - i ve noticed it one other time yesterday and i ll be typing somewhere above in a random place - is that a different issue Thanks in advance for any help - we re hurting like everyone else amp i can t really afford to go spend on this thing Kelli

A:Win XP SP3 Dell Inspiron 1520 BSOD for Stop at

Hi .The file appears to be a chipset driver (audio), but is not a Windows file.Try installing Knowles Acoustic Driver in accordance with the directions provided by Dell.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/299876/win-xp-sp3-dell-inspiron-1520-bsod-for-stop-at/
Relevancy 58.91%

recently i updated my lumia 1520 8.1 version to anniversary update.......presently i am using anniversery update......and i had installed facebook(lite) and messenger beta........I faced lots of problems with those two apps.........when i installed those apps......i used to get facebook pop sounds when i refresh......but now i am not able to get the pop sounds.......and in messenger also.......the emoji sounds are not at all working(this situation happened 3days back).........finally i mean to ask u that.......is there any fault in my mobile or else in app?? and in case there is a fault in my app ......how can i fix it?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437960-serious-issue-my-lumia-1520-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

there's nothing wrong with the wireless broadcasting from a neighbors house. i tested it with a friend's laptop and it worked fine. i can get a connection on my laptop, but it is intermittent. i looked in my user manual and it told me to enable it through 'dell quickset'. NOWHERE on the web or in my manual tells me where that is located. thanks for helping, boyd.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-1520-keeps-losing-wireless-connection.710512/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all
I run win 7 sp1 on dell inspiron 1520
Its dvd-writer was damaged, so i bought an external Transcend dvd-writer and its working properly but when i insert a bootable cd in it and want to boot the
windows from it, the windows does not recognize it and boots normally from internal hard driver as usuall.
I am sure the cd is bootable and have tested it in other systems.
whats the problem ?
thanks.

A:My dell inspiron 1520 does not recognize external dvd rom while boot

Apologies if you have done this:
When you try to boot from the Ext USB DVD drive, you will need to start up the boot menu (most bios's use F12) and select USB-CDROM -- I remember getting caught out thinking it would just be CDROM

Let us know

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/195409-my-dell-inspiron-1520-does-not-recognize-external-dvd-rom-while-boot.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Guys,

I have a dell inspiron 1520 that is reasonably new and installed with windows vista! Today i went to reinstall windows vista and deleted the main partition of the hard disk and now it wont install says i need the drivers for the hard drive but i cannot find them anywhere theyre not on the drivers and utilties cd! im really stuck can anyone HELP PLEASE!!!
THank you!
Sam

A:Dell Inspiron 1520 Hard Drive Failure

You can turn off AHCI (in CMOS) before the install. Then after Vista is installed you can turn it back on and install the SATA drivers for Vista (from your Dell Support Page)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1520-hard-drive-failure.105325/
Relevancy 58.48%

As stated my system is a Dell Inspiron which isn t manufactured here any more and the last BIOS upgrade was A The to How using Inspiron Dell boot external drive: 1520 DVD BIOS detects an external HDD for booting although I ve never tried it since I d first have to load an OS onto it to test it but it doesn t detect my external DVD drive as a boot option even with a Windows Linux DVD inside it during BIOS loading My internal drive is quite paralysed it hardly reads anything any more not even blank DVDs and with a lot How to boot using external DVD drive: Dell Inspiron 1520 of struggling sometimes manages a CD DVDs are pretty much out of the question Is there a way to hack the BIOS or is there some other BIOS revision that will work on a either of which option will have the BIOS detecting the external DVD Please this is very much an emergency Just a few hours back while trying to install Nero I ended up being infected with a virus that erased my boot sector It took me ten minutes of continuous ejecting reinserting procedure to manage booting via the XP CD How to boot using external DVD drive: Dell Inspiron 1520 and restoring the MBR nbsp

A:How to boot using external DVD drive: Dell Inspiron 1520

USB external?
are you saying that when you tap f12 after powering up that boot from usb device isnt listed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-boot-using-external-dvd-drive-dell-inspiron-1520.854380/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop running Windows Vista I was getting the occasional BSOD and decided 1520 Dell Inspiron a running W.Vista! with BSOD to reformat the Hard drive back to Factory Image I was hoping that this would end my BSOD problem but BSOD with a Dell Inspiron 1520 running W.Vista! it did not While installing some windows updates I received a BSOD Below is some info that could help us solve this issue Thanks BSOD with a Dell Inspiron 1520 running W.Vista! for the help Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String MEMORY MANAGEMENT Bug Check Code x a Parameter x Parameter x a b Parameter x Parameter x dfed Caused By Driver ntkrnlpa exe Caused By Address ntkrnlpa exe cdb d File Description BSOD with a Dell Inspiron 1520 running W.Vista! NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version vistasp gdr - Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter x ce d Parameter xa a Parameter xa a c Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys File Description DirectX Graphics Kernel Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version vista rtm - Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String BAD POOL CALLER Bug Check Code x c Parameter x Parameter x d Parameter x Parameter xb fa Caused By Driver ntkrnlpa exe Caused By Address ntkrnlpa exe d File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version vistasp gdr - Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-with-a-dell-inspiron-1520-running-w-vista.940443/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi All,

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Windows Vista Home Premium and facing a problem of Black Screen only mouse is active since last three days

I have tried to diagnose it and found the following error…

Error Code 0F00:137B
Msg: DVDW_4-Disk is missing/blank, insert data disk (Examle:RCD)
The given Error code and message can be used by Dell Technology Support to help diagnose the problem.
I don’t want to reinstall the OS as I have some important Data on C Drive.

Speedy help will be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-1520-error-code-0f00-137b.832244/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Guys amp Girls Please can anyone help I 1520 DEVICE ATA INSPIRON TS-L632H problem RW DELL CD/DVD have a year old Dell Inspiron which has a problem with the CD DVD writer TS-L H Everytime I try to either read or burn a DELL INSPIRON 1520 CD/DVD RW TS-L632H ATA DEVICE problem CD DVD a message comes up saying quot please insert a CD DVD in E Drive quot I've looked in the device manger folder there DELL INSPIRON 1520 CD/DVD RW TS-L632H ATA DEVICE problem is no error message or symbol but it says that the device is working properly I've already updated the drivers from the Dell web site amp still nothing Dell are wanting for a tech man to come amp look at it amp a further for a new drive if required because it is out of warranty I even thought about buying an external rewriter but would like to try amp fix the problem myself first If anyone can help in anyway I'd be extremely grateful I'm not a geek when it comes to fixing comps but I am good if given instructions Many thanks in advance for any help given DonnyLass XxX

A:DELL INSPIRON 1520 CD/DVD RW TS-L632H ATA DEVICE problem

Hi DonnyLass,
Sounds like one or all of the reader lasers bit the dust and your going to need a new drive. But...it also could be your system doesn't recognize the media type you are using. Have you purchased 'new disks' lately? Is this occuring with all your CD/DVD media? If it's happening with all your media old or new it is most likely a hardware failure even though the Device Manager says it is working o.k. and their are no flags up.
Happened to me and I bit the bullet and bought a new drive.
Best of luck,
Jakeman97

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/277584-dell-inspiron-1520-cd-dvd-rw-ts-l632h-ata-device-problem.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi there I have a dell vostro that I bought nd hand about months ago Has run seamlessly until a couple of days ago when it began running ridiculously slow and took minutes just to load icons on the control panel screen and each program I would open would say not responding And that windows is missing files and suggesting that I should Dell windows 1520 vostro load to failing check settings in sound and audio and something about the region setting I couldn t find the problem and tried restarting the laptop Only now it only goes thru the dell startup screen where it says press f boot options then goes to a blank screen which it stays on forever I have put the windows disk in and reinstalled it but now it still goes to the blank screen after asking which windows to load up Oh and before I reinstalled windows and tried to boot up it said it is missing files or it s not meant to run windows on this on this computer or something to that effect Checking memory is coming up with no probs and I tried system restore Dell vostro 1520 failing to load windows to a previous date but it says there is no previous image to restore too I don t know what to do now nbsp

A:Dell vostro 1520 failing to load windows

run a check of your harddrive........... go to harddrive mfr website d/l the hd diagnostic s/w and burn to disc or thumb drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-vostro-1520-failing-to-load-windows.1121199/
Relevancy 58.48%

Over the last month, whenever I close my laptop (not shut down, just close), it may randomly shut down and turn off the PC. I reboot and get the notice that my system has crashed. I have saved the DMP files and attached them in ZIP here per the instructions in the admin thread.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've updated my BIOS on the Dell to the latest revision, that didn't seem to solve it. I did run a Drivers update a few weeks ago to make sure most of my drivers were current, that also didn't solve it.

btw - I'm running Windows7, 32bit, updated over Vista. Dell Inspiron, 4gb RAM

Jim

A:BSOD on laptop idle - Dell Inspiron 1520

Quote: Originally Posted by JcrimCambridge

Over the last month, whenever I close my laptop (not shut down, just close), it may randomly shut down and turn off the PC. I reboot and get the notice that my system has crashed. I have saved the DMP files and attached them in ZIP here per the instructions in the admin thread.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've updated my BIOS on the Dell to the latest revision, that didn't seem to solve it. I did run a Drivers update a few weeks ago to make sure most of my drivers were current, that also didn't solve it.

btw - I'm running Windows7, 32bit, updated over Vista. Dell Inspiron, 4gb RAM

Jim

These were caused by your Aumour firewall file scmndisp.sys. I would uninstall all traces of it to see if the problem disappears.

I would also run a system file check

Type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>sfc /scannow

Let us know the results

Ken

Code:
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/K/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-10.png[/IMG]
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\New folder\012310-29655-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*d:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82e4d000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82f95810
Debug session time: Sat Jan 23 16:39:58.428 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 17:47:01.285
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, 82eb41b9}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\scmndisp.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for scmndisp.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for scmndisp.sys
Probably caused by : scmndisp.sys ( scmndisp+1324 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000, memory referenced
Arg2: 00000002, IRQL
Arg3: 00000001, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: 82eb41b9, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 82fb5718
Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 82f95160
0000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/66817-bsod-laptop-idle-dell-inspiron-1520-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi My laptop all of a sudden will not connect to the internet After attempting to Address renew 1520 IP or can't Dell no - Limited connectivity connect- it has a full signal but I get the Dell 1520 Limited or no connectivity - can't renew IP Address quot Limited or no connectivity You may not be able to access the internet quot message Dell 1520 Limited or no connectivity - can't renew IP Address When I try to repair the connection it says that it can not renew my ip address I have a linksys router that I ve reset a couple times and also reset the computer doesn t work I figured it s an issue with my computer and not the actual connection anyway since it seems I can not connect to ANY wireless network now without getting this error This has happened before but usually is Dell 1520 Limited or no connectivity - can't renew IP Address resolved by rebooting repairing or resetting the router I have a Dell running on Windows XP It has a Wireless WLAN Mini Card I ve run diagnostics and everything seems to be passing I can t find any obvious reason why this isn t working I ve even updated the drivers for the MiniCard and anything else i could find that it may possibly be but have had no luck Possibly a problem with windows If anyone has any clue please let me know what you think before i try to have Dell fix it for me and it end up being something I could have done myself Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Dell 1520 Limited or no connectivity - can't renew IP Address

Have you tried a total new install of the mini card and linksys, after totally deleting or erasing the currently installed stuff then using a registry cleaner such as CCleaner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-1520-limited-or-no-connectivity-cant-renew-ip-address.119468/
Relevancy 58.48%

I get the 2000-0146 error message when running a diagnostic. My Dell Inspiron 1520 doesn't seem to show any ill effects that I notice (I was actually testing my fan when the error popped up.) DO I assume the hardrive is failing and preemptively replace it or the computer or do I wait for issues to pop up?

Thank you!

Sean

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi All I hope somebody can help Dell Inspiron running vista home premium up to date with all updates except SP I have vista set to automatic updating and this has SP1 my error inspiron: 800f081f wont 1520 dell install on worked well until I noticed that Sp had not installed I tried to do it manually and it starts then after some time it aborts with the message quot An internal error occurred while SP1 wont install on my dell 1520 inspiron: error 800f081f installing the service pack quot error number f f I'velooked at the microsoft support page for this problem and have tried all the actions they recommend Downloaded full standalone SP multilanguage bit Disabled Avast anti-virus perform hardware scan - no problems run system file checker Aborted during verification phase complete with error message quot Windows resource protection could not perform requested operation quot run memory test - no problems uninstalled avast and performed all the above with same results After each action I reboot the computer and tried to install from the standalone version I had downloaded My hunch is it could be something to do with the language support versions of vista I don't know what Dell ship as standard in the UK but don't know how to find out which one I have I've tried to post an email with microsoft but they only support the US And canada via e-mail Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated Thanks

A:SP1 wont install on my dell 1520 inspiron: error 800f081f

Hi galehouse and welcome to Vista forums!

Did you have a look there: When you use Automatic Updates to scan for updates or to apply updates to applications that use Windows Installer, you experience issues that involve the Svchost.exe process

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/169036-sp1-wont-install-my-dell-1520-inspiron-error-800f081f.html
Relevancy 58.05%

using windows 7 professional original, but the prob is, i open d laptop now. after login to windows, shut down laptop and reboot the laptop, it will stop at d loading starting windows hanging there. tried two different hdd for it. both same prob. suspected not hdd prob. it can be open after maybe it getting cold down, but even if u open booting for 1 min closing shutting it down, and reboot it again, it will not boot into windows. any idea on it? what possibility the faulty part.

even if i trying now, booting installation windows from cd, it will also stop later at loading microsoft corporation there. but once sussceeful booting windows, i can continously using without flaws. so what is the prob? trying two hdd also same...

A:using dell inspiron 1520, after shut down and reboot bootloop prob

1) At boot press F12 & run the Dell diagnostic tool.

2) Check your ram.
Memory Diagnostics Tool
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/195556-using-dell-inspiron-1520-after-shut-down-reboot-bootloop-prob.html
Relevancy 58.05%

i have a dell inspiron 1520 laptop with an iffy dc power jack , i have replaced multiple power supplies with the cheap replacements offered on ebay. i have finally determined that the dc power jack on the computer itself is worn out and defective after trying a known good power supply from my daughters machine and having it not charge mine. it appears that the 1520 model jack unit requires the unsoldering of the pins on the motherboard to remove the part. is this true? the research i did shows the inspiron 1525 having a circuit board that snaps on on and off and holds the power jack , requiring no soldering,which my older model doesnt have, thanks paul

Relevancy 58.05%

One of my cousins is an exchange student and currently staying with us for a few weeks She has a Del Vostro that all of the sudden has dropped all internet connections The wifi will not detect any available networks and I can t even connect by using the NIC Not having internet access I was limited on what I could do so I ran Malwarebytes last night and it found a bunch of malware but removing them has not allowed me internet access Was wondering if I could get some possible infection 1520 Dell internet Vostro Lost connections - all help trying to see if I am infected She is running Windows basic Dell Vostro 1520 possible infection - Lost all internet connections in SPANISH First will be the current Hijack Original infected Malware log and then the new clean one from this morning Thanks in advancedHIJACK THIS LOG Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at Dell Vostro 1520 possible infection - Lost all internet connections AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files DellTPad Apoint exeC Program Files IDT WDM sttray exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System Dell Vostro 1520 possible infection - Lost all internet connections hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Dell Dell Wireless WLAN Card WLTRAY EXEC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Windows OEM Mon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Ares Ares exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exeC Program Files DellTPad Apntex exeC Program Files DellTPad HidFind exeC Windows system conhost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USSMB R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www duxuy com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook shARES Toolbar - c b - e- c -bc -fc - C Program Files shARES tbshAR dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Windows Live Aplicaci n auxiliar de inicio de sesi n - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO shARES Toolbar - c b - e- c -bc -fc - C Program Files shARES tbshAR dllO - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program F... Read more

A:Dell Vostro 1520 possible infection - Lost all internet connections

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEmsconfigsafebootminimalactivexdrivers32netsvcs%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.syssymmpi.sysadp3132.sysmv61xx.sysnvraid.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318826/dell-vostro-1520-possible-infection-lost-all-internet-connections/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I ve been having a problem for a while now that I cannot seem to fix and am fairly sure I caused at some point messing with services msc Anyway my laptop an Inspiron laptop with a WLAN wireless card will not connect wireless for laptop Inspiron Dell routers mbps 1 all 1520 well with any router It will connect with a signal strength relative to the distance from the router physically but it will Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop 1 mbps wireless for all routers always be a speed of mbps leaving me unable to open any web page or AIM Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop 1 mbps wireless for all routers or what not I ve updated my wireless card drivers and I ve been moved from my campus to one house for a week to another two houses in the span of a day and Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop 1 mbps wireless for all routers two more houses after that So I ve had a significant test base on this While everyone else s laptops have functioning wireless mine does not I have tried changing router channels and messed with other router settings but I have to assume the problem is on MY end since it s localized to my laptop among all of the locations I ve been I ve tried turning off my firewall which hasn t fixed anything of course Tried turning off WZC and using the Dell wireless manager tried the opposite Neither works I ve tried an enormous amount to fix the problem scouring google for days but the only way I can connect to the internet is via a physical ethernet connection which is fast and wonderful in nearly all cases If you need any other pertinent data I can supply it I m not horribly tech savvy but I m also not awful with my laptop to the point that I ve been messing with services msc without too much fear Any suggestions on my end aside from an old faulty wireless card Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

TO WHOM HAS DELL INSPIRON BUILT IN MICROPHONE IS NOT WORKING I have Dell Inspiron and I have issue to built in microphone is not working I tried Microphone Built - in working 1520 Dell Inspiron device not to execute the Sigma Tel driver from Dell Driver and Support website but prompted 'Exit Error Error Device Object not present Restart system and Built in Microphone device not working - Dell Inspiron 1520 run setup Then asked Dell support to help and they are not really helpful after System Restore and drivers upload and finally asked to reformat the laptop Anyway this is what works for me Download the Sigma Tel driver from Dell Support Drivers page and save it in Desktop Shutdown your computer Start your computer and press F at the Dell Logo page Select Safe Mode not others Proceed to work on Safe Mode Right-click the Sound icon and activate the Sound icon Select Recording device If still not working then execute the Sigma Tel driver that saved in desktop then shutdown the computer and start as normal you may see the system able to detect the built in Microphone then

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/220785-built-microphone-device-not-working-dell-inspiron-1520-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi everyone I have a dell laptop with windows XP sp bought year ago and at first worked fine but for some month it started to have a problem The problem is that at some moment the windows crushed with blue screen i didn t catch the 1520 laptop XP Dell 8600gt problem with on GeForce windows message and i can not reproduce it while i was watching a movie I restarted it and the windows didn t load in normal mode just hang with a black GeForce 8600gt on Dell 1520 laptop with windows XP problem screen with no message i could only enter in safe mode and there it worked so i uninstalled the video card so i can enter the windows normally and it worked I tried several times to install the drivers again from the dell site but the problem was still there black screen after restart And after a few days i tried again and it worked to install it and every thing was OK for a couple of months until a few weeks ago when the problem reappeared but now the problem persists I write here because maybe someone had the same problem and i can fix it at home and if no one can help me i will go in service with the laptop nbsp

A:GeForce 8600gt on Dell 1520 laptop with windows XP problem

Hi

it sounds like a faulty OS, have you checked the drive for errors at all ?, can you do a roll back to before the fault occured. ?
failing that you could do a reinstall and see if that clears the error, if it doesnt i would say that video card is failing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-8600gt-on-dell-1520-laptop-with-windows-xp-problem.116861/
Relevancy 58.05%

hi guys new to this not the best. please help, installed new windows vista buissness on laptop updated all updates 83 of them when i re booted laptop wouldn't knock on. does anybody know if there is a problem with any of the recent updates re inserted the disk and went through the whole thing again

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi i just installed XP Pro SP 3 on my Dell Insprion 1520 and i tried to install the drivers that i downloaded from dell for my notebook and they don't work. Im not sure what my sound card is but my graphics card is a Intel Mobile 965 Express Chipset Family. All i know is in device manager my sound card comes up as PCI device. If anyone could help me it would be great!

Thanks Jay

A:No sound/graphics card working on Dell Inspiron 1520

Ok well i have my sound working now its just the graphics chipset. Can anyone help at all?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-graphics-card-working-on-dell-inspiron-1520-a-205394.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Does anybody know how to remove this annoying, constant hissing/ringing noise from my dell inspiron 1520 laptop? I remember fixing it before by clicking on a unknown button in my volume properties but its not there anymore.

I've also downloaded that RightMark CPU Clock Utility and it removes it but it keeps shutting down my laptop when it feels like it.

Anybody any other ideas??

Thanks

A:Constant ringing/hissing sound coming from my dell inspiron 1520

Hello sconer,
Check in the RightMark options and see if there is an option to disable the sleep/hibernation feature, this could be the cause of the shut downs, also check your power options and in "choose when to turn off display" make sure it is set to never, as for the hissing/ringing noise i would reinstall the sound drivers and see if that helps. good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/230463-constant-ringing-hissing-sound-coming-my-dell-inspiron-1520-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

i need the folders in d:\sources\recovery, like recenv.exe and others. cause i accidentally played around and delete some folders of the partitition, :P, as i posted here as well.

Anyone know where can I get Dell recenv.exe? - Laptop General Hardware Forum - Laptop - Dell Community

http://www.vistax64.com/software/301320-does-anyone-has-dell-recovery-partition-d-drive-mine-inspiron-1520-vista.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey all,

Windows Vista shutting, forcing an update on me and I had to turn off computer at that moment so I manually shut it down. Launched it again and Vista was unable to boot, so I put in installation CD and did a repair. Then Vista installed but it now lacked the drivers needed for network adapter.

I installed the Realtek RTL8168/8111 but still I cannot connect to internet with wireless. Under other devices the following have explamation points:
Mass Storage Controller
Network Contorller
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller

The computer is a vostro 1520 dell laptop. All hardware on it is the defaults that came with computer.

Thanks for response.

A:[SOLVED] vostro 1520 dell laptop no wireless connection on vista

There should be a service tag located on the laptop's bottom. Surf over to Dell's support site (Dell - Drivers and Downloads) and input the service tag. You should be able to download the drivers you are missing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-vostro-1520-dell-laptop-no-wireless-connection-on-vista-554070.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi All Service Wont Dell (32bit) On Inspiron 1520 1 Pack Install I hope somebody can help Dell Inspiron running vista home premium up to date with all updates except SP I have vista set to automatic upgrading and this has worked Service Pack 1 Wont Install On Dell Inspiron 1520 (32bit) well until I noticed that Sp had not installed I tried to do it manually and it starts then after some Service Pack 1 Wont Install On Dell Inspiron 1520 (32bit) time it aborts with the message quot An internal error occurred while installing the service pack quot error number f f I'velooked at the microsoft support page for this problem and have tried all the actions they recommend Downloaded full standalone SP multilanguage bit Disabled Avast anti-virus perform hardware scan - no problems run system file checker Aborted during verification phase complete with error message quot Windows resource protection could not perform requested operation quot run memory test - no problems uninstalled avast and performed all the above with same results After each action I reboot the computer and tried to install from the standalone version I had downloaded My hunch is it could be something to do with the language support versions of vista I don't know what Dell ship as standard in the UK but don't know how to find out which one I have I've tried to post an email with microsoft but they only support the US And canada via e-mail Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated Thanks

A:Service Pack 1 Wont Install On Dell Inspiron 1520 (32bit)

Hi and welcome to BC!Disable the Windows Update Service by going clicking the Start (vista icon) button, and in the search box; type in "services.msc" (without the quotes). Scroll down to Windows Update and right click on it and select Stop.Then, go to C:/Windows and find the folder "SoftwareDistribution".Rename the folder to something like ?SoftwareDistribution.old?.Make a new folder called ?SoftwareDistribution?Go back to your Services window and start the Windows Update service.Then try to install it again.Regards,Adam

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/158581/service-pack-1-wont-install-on-dell-inspiron-1520-32bit/
Relevancy 57.19%

This has happend a few times already. After re-imaging I would apply the msoft updates (81 of them). On first boot the system would fail. I would run the startup repair without success. Memory and HD test out OK.

Operating system is vista home premium 32 bt. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-inspiron-1520-crashes-after-applying-msoft-updates.824968/
Relevancy 57.19%

I apologize in advance if this topic is not in the right forum I am having serious issues with my Dell Inspiron with XP bit Media Center Edition I bought a Seagate Inspiron crashed... crash motherboard also? 1520 drive did Dell hard gb rpm hard drive about months ago and got a message this morning saying quot read failure on internal hard drive quot I am pretty sure it died as I ve slaved the hard drive to another computer and it s not being recognized but the motor is still going On to my main question here How Dell Inspiron 1520 hard drive crashed... did motherboard crash also? do I know that it s not the motherboard that has gone out I ve been having problems here lately with my quickset drivers as well as my video card drivers but I thought that problem had been resolved I ve also been infected with countless virus s and trojans as of late even though I have anti-virus programs malware programs I had the quot google redirect Dell Inspiron 1520 hard drive crashed... did motherboard crash also? quot for the past month and was finally able to get it off just Saturday My motherboard crashed about years ago and was replaced under warranty I ve read that the motherboards in this particular model are crap I am worried about my motherboard as I put another hard drive in the computer and I just kept getting BDOSs but it was too fast for me to see an error code This hard drive is configured for Vista bit and is for a different model Dell and different motherboard so I am not sure if that would make it not work My second question would be if I had to replace my motherboard would I have to go back with OEM equipment or could I upgrade it and how would I go about seeing what is compatible Any help is much appreciated as I am not so great with hardware problems nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 1520 hard drive crashed... did motherboard crash also?

There's no reason to think it's the board.
Did you make a warranty claim on the drive?
Did you install XP on the replacement drive, or just try to use it as is? A repair install may solve the problem, but a clean install would be better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1520-hard-drive-crashed-did-motherboard-crash-also.152240/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone I'm having some serious trouble To Win7 Dell Upgrade FULL... 1520 Ultimate; [SOLVED] HDD Inspiron finding an answer to an error my laptop just sprung on me I just upgraded Vista Premium to Win Ultimate on my Dell Inspiron but now my harddrive is full I'm assuming Windows backed up a lot of nothing somewhere that I can delete but I have no clue what [SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 1520 Upgrade To Win7 Ultimate; HDD FULL... to [SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 1520 Upgrade To Win7 Ultimate; HDD FULL... delete to get my space back I'm running Windows Ultimate -bit Version Build with GB HDD with a primary partition that Windows is installed on GB and a Recovery Partition GB I can access the recovery drive I'm not sure how thought it should be locked for some storage but I'd rather just have a single GB partition but that's for another day My primary concern is getting my storage space back if Windows has some large backup file somewhere that I can delete can anyone tell me where to find it and if it is safe to delete it I find it hard to believe my HDD would fill up with a single upgrade Before I upgraded I did a factory default restore and had plenty of room but now my harddrive only has GB free this is unacceptable My system is running GB memory too Any help would be appreciated thanks for your time Crony

A:[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 1520 Upgrade To Win7 Ultimate; HDD FULL...

Hi. A good place to start is by typing cleanmgr.exe in the start menu and hit enter. Use that to delete all it finds.

If you aren't going to use hibernation, then open an elevated command prompt. Copy and paste the following then hit enter:

Code:
powercfg -h off

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-dell-inspiron-1520-upgrade-to-win7-ultimate-hdd-full-482352.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey guys, my lumia 1520 screen is out of its rubber thingy, so it is very important to me, to suggest from where i can get replacement screen, the one with the digitizer assembly? please, point me to some links. Thanks in advance!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443489-nokia-lumia-1520-replacement-screen.html
Relevancy 54.18%

In October of last year I helped my son purchase a laptop for issue it broke my another screen after Dell in sent for I University I recommended he purchase a Dell product because of its reputation Dell broke my screen after I sent it in for another issue for Dell broke my screen after I sent it in for another issue quality and good customer support He purchased an Inspiron Model From the beginning it started having internet connectivity issues The problem was intermittent and random and gradually became worse I used to work as a computer technician and I am fairly knowledgeable about computers so I tried various solutions to try and fix the problem myself I spent hours if not days on this researching support groups and tried updating software and drivers but the problem persisted nbsp Since he needed a working laptop for his school term we decided to address matter with Dell in the summer We contacted Dell and again I spent hours with Dell Tech Support and they had me install propriety diagnostics software and remotely accessed the laptop to attempt to resolve the problem Lastly they had me replace the wireless modem which still did not resolve the issue The internet connectivity issue remained unresolved and Dell recommended that we send in the laptop for them to look at Support emailed us the Purolator shipping label and I used the original box to ship it to Dell nbsp About a week later we received notice from Tech Support that the laptop had arrived ldquo damaged rdquo the screen was cracked and as a result they would not honour the warranty and fix the internet issue until I paid them to first fix the damaged screen When I asked how they determined that it was not damaged in the shipping they claimed that the packaging was undamaged but did not send me pictures of the packaging They actually accused me of damaging the screen before I shipped the laptop This was the same laptop they had walked me through possible solutions over the phone the same day they suggested I send it in nbsp If it was in such a damaged state how would that have been possible I then saw the picture of the cracked screen it was not ldquo cracked rdquo was smashed like it had been stepped on or dropped from a good height I have searched various forums and have found that I am not the only one this has happened to I asked Tech Support to hold unto the unit until I could get this matter straightened out I talked to someone in Customer Support who appeared to understand and was going to call me back to deal with this It made no sense that I would have to pay for a new screen for a malfunctioning laptop when there no guarantee the internet issue could even be resolved Three days later there is no further call from Customer Support and Tech Support sent me back the laptop in worse shape than when I sent it the internet issue is not fixed and the screen is not just a small crack as they described it looks like someone intentionally damaged it nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I called Dell and again spent several hours trying to get to the bottom of this I am told if it was damaged in shipping that I should file a claim with Purolator Dell arranged and paid for the shipping and apparently did not cover it for insurance I am a third party to this transaction so how would I file a claim with Purolator I was told after I should have taken a picture of the laptop prior to shipping it No one told me to do so before I shipped it only after If this was a requirement why was I not advised as I would have been happy to do so nbsp So bottom line my son spent over for a faulty laptop that Dell could not fix remotely After we sent it in for repair under warranty it is now mysteriously ldquo damaged rdquo and now Dell is saying it will not honour the warranty I received no support to fix my issue I was called a liar customer service refused to escalate the matter and they could not e-mail me the contact for Dell rsquo s legal department I had to have them dictate it to me This was ho... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990656
Relevancy 54.18%

My Xps One screen will not stay lit. It is on and if I repeatedly hit the on button I can see my work but risk epileptic attack. So we know the screen is working it just will not stay lit. Also the monitor is set to notebook. I do not know if this has anything to do with the problem or not. Maybe it has always been set this way. I contacted Dell and they suggested I update my bios and drivers. Did as they suggested but it remains the same. Anyone have any idea what to do?
windows vista ultimate - service pack 2

A:2008 Dell XPS One Screen issue

That sounds like a physical failure.
Before you get it replaced, try changing the screen saver setting that sets the time till the monitor is blanked/turned off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2008-dell-xps-one-screen-issue.1129361/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I have a dell latitude d630 running windows 7. The screen has a horizontal line running through the middle and the same screen shows at the top and bottom. Any help is appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-screen-issue.1083209/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have had an Edge for approximately months now nbsp Since nearly the very first day the touch screen has experienced jumpy behavior as if someone Phantom 2-1520 touches screen, pointer on h... - Edge was tapping or running their finger wildly around the screen while I was trying to use the laptop nbsp When this occurs it renders the laptop unusable about of the time I try to use the laptop When this phantom touchscreen issue is NOT occuring moving the pointer across the screen causes it to stop-and-go nbsp Trying to drag nbsp the pointer slowly across the screen with Edge 2-1520 - Phantom touches on screen, pointer h... mouse OR touchpad results in the pointer stopping every inch for a split second then continuing on nbsp From one side of the screen to the other it might stop or times and you never really know WHERE the pointer is going to stop On a possibly related issue I got result code WCV -WL ZZH with a hardware scan nbsp The hardware scan mentioned I should reference this code on a support link which DIDN'T LEAD ANYWHERE except these forums nbsp I have tried rolling back the display drivers reinstalling the display drivers updating the BIOS all that good stuff and the problem still pops up the majority of the times I try to use this relatively expensive laptop nbsp I expected far more for the money nbsp Mod's Edit System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility clarity nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Edge-2-1520-Phantom-touches-on-screen-pointer-hanging-and/td-p/3327939
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, I have had my Dell Inspiron 15 7548 since last July and I have just now noticed this screen issue. It is a white spot on the left-middle  area of the screen that looks almost like a smear. It looks almost like some sort of backlight bleed. It is very distracting for me and discourages me from using this laptop. Is there any way to fix this? If it requires me sending my laptop in for repair will it be covered by my warranty (that's still active until this october)? Thanks.

A:Dell Inspiron 7548 Screen Issue

Hi,
Please reply us with the snapshot of the LCD screen so that we can check and assist you further.
Also, we will have to perform the ‘LCD BIST’ (Built in Self-test) on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned below to run the “LCD BIST’.

Turn of the computer.
Press and hold down the ‘D’ key on the keyboard and press the Power button.
You will see different colors on the LCD screen. Please check if the issue reoccurs on the screen.

In addition, please connect the system to an external monitor and check if the issue reoccurs.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682953
Relevancy 53.75%

We recently purchased a Dell GX running Windows XP Professional We were hoping to replace our Sony VIAO as a music and ITunes server in our entertainment center We have a dennon reciever which brings in HDMI GX270 Screen Issue Resolution Dell converted from a DVI output in the video card and send it Dell GX270 Screen Resolution Issue to our sony Flat Screen TV Previously we could run multiple resolutions and screen rates Dell GX270 Screen Resolution Issue with no difficulty When we installed the Radeon video card with DVI output the card was operating great in quot plug and play mode quot on a regular computer monitor flat screen when we moved the GX to the TV it would only display x screen resolution we are not sure how to correct this and have the other resolutions Hypothesis change driver from Dell GX270 Screen Resolution Issue quot plug and play quot to quot default quot monitor we dont see an option for this we have deleted the previous montors from the configuration and letting it reinstall Hypothesis hook up a primary monitor on our video card and the dvi as a secondary monitor then make changes using the primary monitor Computer monitor and then switch which monitor is quot primary quot Hypothesis there is some known driver issue etc and we can get it fixed We looked on the web quite a bit and found something similar in these forums but not sure http forums techguy org hardware -dual-monitor-nightmare html nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-gx270-screen-resolution-issue.662193/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a XPS UHD TB SSD and using the laptop without major problems for days Today I have tried to boot into safe mode for windows and pressed the fn F button randomly on Black With Dell 9550 Screen XPS 15 Issue the start It didn t work and i have retried the boot But right now the the screen is always black no signs of any Dell Logo or bios login I can see that there is power on the notebook fans are working there is lights on the keyboard but the screen is black and there is absolutely no signs of boot I also have press and hold the FN Power button It didn t work I Dell XPS 15 9550 With Black Screen Issue have tried everything but its not booting What could be wrong here I removed battery and again plug in the battery but facing the same issue By the way I purchased this laptop days ago from Pakistan is it dead or still hope for repair Waiting for your kind response

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994479
Relevancy 53.75%

New XPS been using it for about a month Except the Thunderbolt connecting to a K display issue sorted out with keeping the lappy in airplane mode Dell Blank XPS 9350 screen issue and having internet access though USB -LAN cable everything seemed very good Until yesterday when on an important meeting the screen while working on battery power the screen went blank Tried to reset with holding the power button down for about sec The button LED and the keyboard lights cycled but the screen remained blank no DELL logo on boot as well I connected the power adapter the screen came on Few moments later it went black again Cycled the power no response from the screen this time I did a quick browse for solution and found a guy claiming that disabling C-State in the BIOS has fixed similar issue The problem is that this time no matter how many times I reset though the power button the screen remains blank Eventually after min the screen appeared and I managed to get the BIOS changed disabled C-State The rest of the day the XPS was working fine and I tough the issue is gone Until this morning when I opened the lid and the screen was black again So back to square After few minutes fighting with the power button and connecting the power adapter the screen is on again Obviously this is not sustainable as I won t know whether on my next meeting the lappy won t let me down again I m slowly getting fed up by this Dell product and although I really like it issues like this are just not acceptable I would like to hear your suggestions if possible how to sort that out

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19983547
Relevancy 53.75%

We purchased the 7559 in May 2016 and have been having problems since then.   Several attempts to get this addressed with no luck.  Numerous driver loads/reloads/reconfigurations.   The diagnostics show "no problems", and now Dell Tech Support is saying that it's a software issue requiring a software warrany for an additional charge (before we can ship it back for repair).  
Definitely my last Dell given the effort they put into not addressing the issue.  
Has anyone else seen this problem on the 7559 (4k or otherwise)?  Did Dell support the issue?  And if so how?  (Please not another "new" driver)?   I have a few months on the warranty and have tired of the technical support that doesn't help.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19996032
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

Another issue with my new Dell XPS 13 (9333 Model) - for some reason, while charging or not, the screen brightness changes without me telling it to do so (it just did it right now while writing this sentance!!).

Any ideas on why this is happening? It's kind of like an auto brightness thing on a smartphone but much more random! It's really starting to really wreck my head.

Any help appreciated no matter how silly it sounds!

Cheers,
Richard

A:Dell XPS 13 9333 Screen Brightness Issue

I found a setting called "Enable adaptive brightness" that seems to turn this nonsense off.  On Win8.1 it's at:
Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > Display > Enable adaptive brightness

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19565620
Relevancy 53.75%

Sent my Dell XPS away under warranty having been led to believe Dell screen issue warranty xps12 Dell would replace the screen The monitor still has image retention problems amp it turns out Dell didn t replace the screen They are now saying I ll have to pay for this as I m now out of warranty nbsp I m extremely disappointed in the way they have handled my case - any Dell warranty issue xps12 screen suggestions See emails below On Jun at UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt wrote Hi nbsp nbsp Good day no worries I will create the service request in the system Please be reminded Dell warranty issue xps12 screen that all the data on the unit will be deleted physical damage not covered in the warranty and please don t include the accessories during the collection The repair usually takes - days but we will do our best to expedite the process for Dell warranty issue xps12 screen you You will receive a call from UPS to confirm the schedule of the unit collection To track the status of the repair you can visit our website at nbsp www dell aftermarketrepair com nbsp You can also send me an email if you have question nbsp Thank you and have a great day nbsp Thank You for choosing Dell nbsp Dell Technical Support SpecialistFor inquiries regarding the status of your Service Request simply reply back to this email --- Original Message --- From nbsp On Jun at lt UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt wrote Hi Good day I checked the warranty of your device and it is still active My advise is to send the unit in our depot for repair To set your expectation the repair will take - days All the data will be deleted and physical damage is not covered in the warranty If you want to proceed please provide your address primary and alternate contact number Thank you Thank You for choosing Dell nbsp Dell Technical Support SpecialistFor inquiries regarding the status of your Service Request simply reply back to this email --- Original Message ---From nbsp gt Received PM CDTTo UKI TS CONS Notebook lt UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt Subject Re Dell Support RequestXPS Q InWarranty ARBR Bios is up to date - makes no difference nbsp Regards On Jun at nbsp lt UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt wrote Hi nbsp May I know if you have tried to install the latest BIOS update for the system If you have installed the latest drivers already and we still encounter the problem the unit needs repair We advise to send it in our depot for us to be able to fix the issue To set your expectation usually it will take - days nbsp Thank you Thank You for choosing Dell nbsp Dell Technical Support SpecialistFor inquiries regarding the status of your Service Request simply reply back to this email --- Original Message ---From gt Received PM CDTTo UKI TS CONS Notebook lt UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt Subject Re Dell Support RequestXPS Q InWarranty ARBR It is the lsquo burn in rsquo issue which has been documented extensively on the internet I see the previous imagery as the screen updates nbsp I understand Dell are replacing the affected LCD rsquo s Thanks On Jun at lt UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt wrote Hi nbsp Thank you for your email I apologize that you encounter a problem on your monitor May I know the troubleshooting steps you have done so far nbsp Thank you nbsp Thank You for choosing Dell nbsp Dell Technical Support SpecialistFor inquiries regarding the status of your Service Request simply reply back to this email --- Original Message ---From Received AM CDTTo UKI TS CONS Notebook lt UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt Subject Dell Support RequestXPS Q InWarranty ARBR BEGINTechnicalSupportREQUEST nbsp SubjectLine Dell Support RequestXPS Q InWarranty ARBR BEGINIssueCategories nbsp CS IssueCategory Monitor ProblemDescription monitor is ghosting - know problem requiring lcd replacement ErrorMessage RecentChanges Troubleshooting Diagnostics BEGINProductInformation nbsp CS ServiceTag xxxxxxx CS SystemFriendlyName XPS CS SystemLabel XPS Q ShipDate CS OperatingSystem Windows CS Operati... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996332
Relevancy 53.75%

I picked up a Dell Inspiron e laptop second-hand issue Inspiron -- Screen 5000e Dell Windows ME installed and I m trying Screen issue -- Dell Inspiron 5000e to get it to work There are two issues screen and touchpad I m just focusing on the screen for now since I can plug in an external mouse Here are the symptoms I think they may all be related When I turn the laptop on the LCD screen will not light up If I press Fn F to toggle CRT LCD the LCD screen will flicker briefly If I hold a flashlight to the screen I can still see a very dim image but the backlight refuses to stay on However if I plug in an external VGA monitor then press Fn F several times the LCD screen will stay on I can even unplug the ext monitor and the LCD screen backlight will continue to stay on I just need to plug in the ext monitor at some point after power-up to get the backlight to stay on Or if I plug in the ext monitor before power-up the LCD screen backlight will come on and stay on from the start I have to try times before I am successful to boot into Windows ME The first time I get Windows ME loading image for about seconds then then screen goes dark not off -- just black then the hard drive stops accessing and nothing happens I restart either with Ctrl Alt Del or by holding down power button then I am given the option to boot into safe mode I select quot Normal quot boot not Safe Mode The same thing happens a second time The third time I successfully boot into Windows Other times I booted into Safe Mode and tried to do System Restore that was unsuccessful There are no system restore dates that correspond to a time before I acquired the laptop This quot -step booting quot happens every time whether I boot from shut down or restart As soon as Windows loads I get this message quot The driver file that displays items correctly on your screen isn t working To fix this you might need to install a new display driver quot I have tried reinstalling ATI video drivers from the original Dell Drivers amp Utilities CD-ROM that doesn t solve the problem I click OK then I am prompted to adjust display resolution It is set to a hideous minimum x with -bit color If I try to adjust it to anything higher such as x or x with High Color -bit I am asked to restart the computer If I restart same thing described as above in bullet point happens again When I boot into Windows resolution is still stuck at x If I don t restart I can continue to log into Windows okay nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp There are no red flags exclamation marks or yellow triangles in Device Manager Installed video drivers are ATI Rage Mobility- AGP X English I d appreciate anyone s advice or help thanks

A:Screen issue -- Dell Inspiron 5000e

If you haven't done so, unplug, remove battery and reseat (remove and reinstall):
1.  The CPU (it's on a cartridge)
2.  The video card (it plugs into the mainboard).
Both of these are known to creep out of their sockets, causing all sorts of issues with the model.

There's also a huge wealth of information on this model (it's a Compal N30W/N38W2 wearing Dell badges):
damieng.com/.../5000e

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19987839
Relevancy 52.89%

I recently noticed some horizontal bands / lines on the screen of my 2 month old laptop.  I am running 2 external monitors and the display is fine.  The lines / bands only appear on the laptop screen.
Has anyone else encountered this issue? 
Mike

A:Dell M3800 screen issue with lines / bands

Hi,
Please try the steps below for LCD BIST to check if you see any lines or bands on the screen.
1) Turn the computer off.2) Press and hold the D key while pressing the power button. This will start the BIST.3) The screen will display multiple flashing colors. 4) Look for lines, distortion, or any other video issues you have observed.5) The laptop will restart when the test is finished.
Also, provide us the service tag or the order number of your system through private message. Click on my Username and select start conversation to send private message.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19640555
Relevancy 52.89%

Dell team,
Recently my laptop fell down and thereafter white screen appears on the display. I checked with external monitor and found the system boots normally. I also tried LCD display test by holding "D" and powering up the laptop. It did show various colors on the display and that suggests LCD is fine. I opened the laptop and tried to reset the LCD cable. But the issue exists still. Is the issue with video cable? If so, where can I get the replacement part?
Thank you,
Jai

A:white screen issue with dell studio 1555

Hi JAIGANESH7681 
Thanks for writing to us. 
That looks to be an issues with the LCD cable. Keeping in mind the LCD test and the external monitor it works fine. 
Does it makes any difference if you swing the screen back and forth while on white screen? 
You can call up our part sales team for the part on 1-866-440-3355.
Provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message. 
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984028
Relevancy 52.89%

hit the media direct button by mistake and got blue screen. Computer will not go back to windows even with safe mode. I have seen this in old posts but not the resolution. Anyone have and solve this issue in the past? Thanks for the help.

Sorry but can't provide any diag info since computer won't boot.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-e1505-blue-screen-issue.1022682/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all,
I've recently bought a Dell 7559 refurbished, with the Intel core i5 and GTX 960m. Within a day or two of use, the screen began to flicker upon booting up or waking from sleep mode, and it seems that the longer the laptop was in sleep/off mode, the worse the flickering is upon booting up. I've been trying to figure out what's going on, I've updated all drivers and such from the Dell support page, but nothing seems to fix this issue. Does anyone know what's going on? I'm certainly bummed out to have run into this issue within just days of buying the product. I've uploaded a youtube video to try and show what's going on.
https://youtu.be/aqlVhBjYVkE

A:Dell 7559 screen/display flickering issue

Hi DukeBaluk,
I’d suggest that you update BIOS on your computer to check for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS from BIOS section onto the system and install it.
http://dell.to/18r60nI
Also, we will have to perform the ‘LCD BIST’ (Built in Self-test) on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned below to run the “LCD BIST’.

Turn of the computer.
Press and hold down the ‘D’ key on the keyboard and press the Power button.
You will see different colors on the LCD screen. Please check if the issue reoccurs on the screen.

In addition, please connect the system to an external monitor and check if the issue reoccurs.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683019
Relevancy 52.46%

I dont know why, but randomly today i started up my laptop and for some strange reason it brought me to a rather different startup sequence. At first I thought it was fine because the first thing that popped up was the windows logo saying starting up and what not but after that a "dell media direct" screen appears. it says "initilizing dell media direct files" or something like that and then afterwards the whole screen turns a rather lovely shade of blue. I cannot perform any actions while the blue screen is there, the only thing i can do is caps lock, num lock, scroll lock, and adjust my screen brightness. if i turn off my computer it will just startup and go to this blue screen again. i tired taking out the battery and what not but nothing :\ what should i do?

A:Solved: dell 1521 startup issue blue screen

omg yes, instead of pressing the power button to turn my computer back on i used the little house beside it llolol i always thought that was a home button that booted up your internet explorer, apparently it was the dell media direct button
XD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-1521-startup-issue-blue-screen.759617/
Relevancy 52.46%

Occasionally, after pressing the power button, the boot process gets as far as the DELL splash screen and then the power is switched off.

Pressing the power button again and everything works fine. The boot process may take a little longer than normal but that seems to be the only after effect.  Normally from power on to login takes just  few seconds.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19991506
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all over the last few days I've seen a bit of flickering on my laptop screen I have artefacts? Pictures software screen Dell a M3800 issue - or potential a Dell M3800 - potential screen issue or software artefacts? Pictures a quot external screen attached via HDMI also but it is not exhibiting issues I had my screen replaced last month due to a few too many dead pixels so just trying to highlight if this is a screen problem or a software problem as it's unclear to me Overview of issue - Initially the grey overlay would flicker on off very quickly This has happened over last or days but it didn't persist - This morning I noticed heavy flickering and then the grey overlay artefacts seemed to Dell M3800 - potential screen issue or software artefacts? Pictures a just remain on the about th of the laptop screen The whole screen was never affected - I tried doing a print-screen and it printed my screens normally the grey overlay artefacts did not appear in my print-screen - I tried to leave extended desktop mode and switched my display scaling on off - the problem persisted - I restarted my laptop and on the sign-in screen the problem was still there - I restarted it again and then disabled my external monitor once I got into windows and my laptop screen came back - I re-enabled my external screen noticed the same flickering and disabled it again - Laptop screen is still back and hasn't flickered since i disabled the external monitor Took a few photos of it when it happened any thoughts would be great Bit bamboozled by this one

A:Dell M3800 - potential screen issue or software artefacts? Pictures a

I got a guy from Dell on chat who says, based on looking at these two photo's alone, that I should be updating my BIOS. If that fails, we would 'isolate' the problem further.

Can anyone add colour to that? He sounds like he's completly guessing

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53875-dell-m3800-potential-screen-issue-software-artefacts-pictures.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

Initially the fan was running on even after i turned the laptop off so i manually switched it off and then when i turned on the PC, the second light from the left comes on and i can hear the fan start but then within 2 sec the fan stops running and the light goes as well.. Tried the basic methods but with no luck. Can someone please help me here. Already spent a lot of money on this laptop and still getting problems on a daily basis.

Much thanks,
Ashish

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990050
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm looking at my neighbours PC as they've switched it on today, only to find out that it will no boot. I have switched it off and turned it back on, this led to me getting an error due to failing to past TMR2 Checkpoint as well as a prompt to contact Dell Technical Support.
Someone suggested that I should try removing or replacing the CMOS battery, which I have, this seems to have got me past the error screen, however, the system now hangs on the Dell Screen with vertical bars running down the monitor.
Any suggestions? 
So far,  I have;
1. Replaced the CMOS battery
2. Checked that the components are all seated correctly.
Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19994204