Windows Support Forum

Why is this error coming "Error Number: 0x800CCC0F" in Microsoft Outlook Express continuously?

Q: Why is this error coming "Error Number: 0x800CCC0F" in Microsoft Outlook Express continuously?

I am getting problem whenever I?m trying to send Email using Microsoft outlook express 2007. I am getting this error message ?Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Error Number: 0x800CCC0F? please help me in resolving this error.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Why is this error coming "Error Number: 0x800CCC0F" in Microsoft Outlook Express continuously?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Why is this error coming "Error Number: 0x800CCC0F" in Microsoft Outlook Express continuously?

Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. I assume that you?ve ruled these out.

The problem may also occur if you have an antivirus e-mail protection utility enabled, which checks the mail as it comes in from your Post Office Protocol (POP) server. To test this, disable the antivirus e-mail protection utility as well as the Windows Firewall.

Another likely cause is that there is a message that is either too large or corrupt in some manner. Logon to your servers Webmail site and delete the offending message there.

For more advice, look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-this-error-coming-error-number-0x800ccc0f-in-microsoft-outlook-express-continuously.198792/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi, as the title suggests I've got a bit of a sound problem:

I wish to record some of my digital sound (e.g. my friends in Skype) using Audacity and stereo mix. However, using the built-in stereo mix record feature Audacity has, no sound is being recorded. So I checked out the stereo mix device under 'recording devices' in 'Sound' and found that it was not detecting any sound at all.

I'm not totally sure as to how all it's settings must be, but it's like this now:

Listen to: enabled
Playback through: Speakers (Realtek HD Audio)

The device is set to be 'used' ofcourse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Marty

A:No sound coming through 'stereo mix' device

Go to Edit -> Preferences and to the 'Audio I/O' or 'Devices' tab, and make sure the the audio INPUT is set to the source you want to hear from, in this case, the pc sound card or such, apparently Windows 7 does not change the input device when you select the Stereo Mix function for some reason.

If that's not the case, maybe your sound driver isn't allowing the stereo mix to work, you can try the Control Panel configuring method, which you can find at the audacity website (i can't set up links yet, but go to wiki.audacityteam.org/ and add this: index.php?title=Mixer_Toolbar_Issues#Using_the_Control_Panel) [sorry for this, but it's for a good reason, i'm not a bot/spam ]
kind of a pain to read through and configure everything, but will fix the issue.

If you don't want any trouble at all, you can just plug you speaker in the PC's 'Line In' plug (the blue one), and set Audacity's Input device to "Line in" or such.

Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-through-stereo-mix-device.173670/
Relevancy 51.6%

I just solved my own problem and thought others might benefit since I could not find the solution using internet search My Realtek HD Audio manager seemed to be creating an echo on my quot Line In quot HD Audio Realtek "line from effect) (if in" echo it Removing output sound not a is audio signal I had already set the environment and equalizer sound effects options to lt None gt but the echo persisted I found the problem seems that I was essentially duplicating the Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) Line In audio stream The first quot source quot I found was the HD Audio manager You can open the manager and view the Line In tab - mine had a non-zero playback volume the slider was NOT all the way to Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) the left for zero playback If you want Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) output from the HD Manager that makes sense I also found out a second Line In quot source quot It was in the Line In properties settings where I had checked off the option to quot Listen to this device quot When I disabled that the echo disappeared To view this Line In properties tab right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area then select Recording Devices yes quot Recording quot Then the tab will display in a window with the title Sound You should see the Line In device in the list Right-click on this item and select Properties The Line In properties window pops up Then select the Listen tab UNselect Listen to this device The echo should disappear if you re experiencing my problem I hope this helps someone I m just trying to help the community from which I ve received so much help grinthumb nbsp

A:Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect)

Two same signals

You're doing the right thing... getting rid of the other input signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-line-in-echo-from-realtek-hd-audio-output-if-it-is-not-a-sound-effect.178881/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a choice to make on a new monitor.

It needs to be VESA mountable and will be for strategy gaming and work purposes. Games like Wargame, Supreme Commander and World of Tanks. I work as a sysadmin so think lots of windows open!

Do I get a 24" monitor like this Benq (recommendations on a different one are welcome)

Or do I get a 27" monitor. If you think 27" what res would you recommend baring in mind I am sporting a 760gtx.

Thanks,

A:24" monitor or 27"

I think 1080P is the best bet for your GTX 760. 2560x1600 or 2560x1440 (27 inch panels) might be a bit too much. It is really personal preference whether you weant a 24 inch or a 27 inch. There are 1080P monitors in both sizes. I recommend Dell, BenQ, ASUS, Samsung, and ACER monitors. There are some other good ones, but I cant think of them off the top of my head.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/24-monitor-or-27.201808/
Relevancy 27.09%

According to MSI and Biostar representatives on the Computex 2015 show floor, speaking to PC Gamer, motherboards that feature Intel's new Z170 chipset will become available this August.

Read more

A:Intel Skylake-supporting Z170 motherboards coming in August

It better come with Thunderbolt 3 included, if they want to attract PC enthusiasts.

On a related subject, this new Thunderbolt 3 isn't as good as we hoped...

Thunderbolt 3 also includes an update to the DisplayPort side of matters, though likely not what everyone has been expecting. With the increase in bandwidth, Thunderbolt 3 is able to carry twice as much video data as before. However Intel is not implementing the latest version of DisplayPort ? DisplayPort 1.3 ? in to the Thunderbolt 3 standard. Instead they are doubling up on DisplayPort 1.2, expanding the number of equivalent DisplayPort lanes carried from 4 to 8, essentially allowing one Thunderbolt 3 cable to carry 2 full DisplayPort 1.2 connections. The end result is that Thunderbolt 3 will not be able to drive the kind of next-generation displays DisplayPort 1.3 is geared towards ? things like 8K displays and 5K single-tile displays ? but it will be able to drive anything 1 or 2 DisplayPort 1.2 connections can drive today, including multiple [email protected] monitors or 5K multi-tile displays.Click to expand...

source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/9331/intel-announces-thunderbolt-3

So, basically, they had all the opportunity to have DisplayPort 1.3 included, but decided not to. That is just wrong... It won't even support a single-tile 5K screen. And if so, then what good is it, really?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-skylake-supporting-z170-motherboards-coming-in-august.213682/
Relevancy 20.21%

Microsoft showed off a whole range of new PCs and devices running Windows 10 at Computex 2015, but one that really caught the eye is the Quanta Compute Plug, an entire PC integrated into a power plug the size of...

Read more

A:Microsoft shows off PC integrated into power plug

They may be handy to a lot and even have very reasonable prices but I can't imagine myself ever wanting any of these.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-shows-off-pc-integrated-into-power-plug.213681/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey there all.

This problem just happened recently. Every time I put a blank CD in my CD drive, a message appears saying "E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect Function. I can watch DVDs but it won't recognize any blank CDs I put.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

A:Drive is not accessible - "incorrect function"

First try this from the Windows Explorer after you have inserted a disc.

Right-Click on E: drive

Select Properties from the pop up menu

Select the Recording Tab

then check the "Enable CD Recording On This Drive" box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.166087/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have a three month old Dell Dimension GHZ P Gig Ram and a gig SATA Hard Drive When I got the computer I used the files and transfer PC Relocator utility And had in Error system drives did hard Message: disk find Setup not your installed any a bunch of unwanted extras that came with it I m having a Satellite Internet system installed and they wanted a clean install of windows XP So I opened the owner s manual and got out the reinstallation disk and the problems began By the way Dell tech support s only response has been to say gee that s not right and would send a tech sometime after Christmas Anyway heres step by step what I did I boot to the Dell reinstallation disk Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system The windows setup screen appears and loads files The next screen says welcome to setup and offers three options -to setup XP press enters To repair XP press R to exit without installing XP press F I press enter and the following message comes up Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected And any disk related configuration is correct ect Press F to quit It dose this if I try repair also Dell had me check the connections to the HD and Motherboard They re good And debug the hard drive No luck Everything worked fine until I put in the reinstallation disk Any help would be welcome nbsp

A:Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

During Setup, it will ask you if you need any extra drivers such as SCSI (or SATA in your case). If so, press F6. Now you are in trouble, because SATA drivers come on a floppy and new(er) Dells don't have a floppy anymore. Borrow a floppy-drive from another PC and install that in your Dell.
Setting up with the Dell disks, I'm not sure if they are RESTORE-disks or full XP-disks.
That may cause another problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.18329/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello everyone,
One fine evening while watching a movie, my laptop stopped responding and in frustration I switched off the laptop by holding the power button long enough to turn off. Next Morning it showed a blue screen and a message to recover my windows, which I failed to do and by the afternoon this message showed up. Detection Error on HDD0 (main HDD) and hence forth I've been unable to install windows from a USB drive since ( and I suppose) it is not able to read my HDD. I do not care about my data at all, I just want my laptop up and running. If I can have the data back it will be perfect otherwise I don't mind not getting my data back. I know for a fact that my Hard disk is fine because I went into command prompt, diskpart , and list disk, and saw the status of HDD as healthy, this is after the error (detection error on HDD). SO my question is: Why this error? IS there a problem in the motherboard? Why the error shows once and then doesn't show the next time and then comes up again.

A:2100: Detection Error on HDD0 (Main HDD); Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga

The error might be bad sectors, but I'm not sure. if my guessing is correct, you might have to get a new drive to replace. also you need to reinstall OS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2100-detection-error-on-hdd0-main-hdd-lenovo-thinkpad-yoga.212391/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have scoured the from computer, sounds" can speakers "computing my hear my through I internet for a solution to this and have found nothing First my dxdiag is attached I have had this issue for over a year now and I am getting fed up If I put my ear to my pc I can hear computer noises coming from it I can not compare it to another sound as there is nothing else to compare it too it just sounds like my CPU or Hard Drive thinking That doesnt bother me though I expect my computer to make some noise HOWEVER I dont expect to hear it in my speakers too I have a lot of speakers and a lot of headphones no they are not I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers the problem Right now I am using a knappenberger tube hooked up to a GK MB just cuz I can When I plug in any speakers I can hear the CPU sound through them regardless of the volume level I can turn the speaker all the way down and yet the sound will come through This leads me to believe I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers it is a grounding issue or electrical to some degree I would like to try physically grounding my case to see if it would eliminate this God awful feedback However I can not find a guide as to I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers the best way to do this or any other suggestions So here I am Help me and earn my eternal gratitude Some notes If I unplug all of my cables except power and the speaker cable I still hear it if I plug in my speaker cable to my monitor instead of my PC I still hear it Front port still hear it I have yet to try a different sound card as I dont have one Once I find one I will update nbsp

A:I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers

Checked some settings in the Bios, noticed the sound isnt there while navigating it. Static started once windows loaded. Maybe it is some sort of issue with the hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-can-hear-computing-sounds-from-my-computer-through-my-speakers.202182/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a desktop computer that is running on Windows Xp, up until this morning, everything was fine, I could connect to the internet with no problem.

I turned on my computer, and it is telling me that the network cable is unplugged, as well as my network is not showing when i go to "my network connections"

But yet.....

I AM connected to my router, and there is no problem with the cord (I tried it on different computers as well as my Xbox 360 on the same port....so I know its not the router)....when I go into device manager, everything seems to be working correctly, and my network adapter and ethernet card both are marked as working properly.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue ?

A:"Network cable is unplugged" but its really not..

sadgyrl514 said:

I have a desktop computer that is running on Windows Xp, up until this morning, everything was fine, I could connect to the internet with no problem.

I turned on my computer, and it is telling me that the network cable is unplugged, as well as my network is not showing when i go to "my network connections"

But yet.....

I AM connected to my router, and there is no problem with the cord (I tried it on different computers as well as my Xbox 360 on the same port....so I know its not the router)....when I go into device manager, everything seems to be working correctly, and my network adapter and ethernet card both are marked as working properly.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue ?Click to expand...

Try rebooting,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-is-unplugged-but-its-really-not.166539/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm trying to record some karaoke but every time I play back the recorded track, the music is "doubled" with a slight delay, as if the laptop's built-in microphone was picking up the music along with my voice. Here is an example:

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/c58ef46c3

Notice how those staccato notes are doubled with that slight delay.

I'm using Windows 7 on a Dell laptop with Realtek.
Under Playback I have two devices: Loudspeaker (enabled) and Realtek Digital Output (disabled)
Under Recording I have: Microphone (enabled) and Stereomix (disabled)

I'm recording using headphones and the laptop's built-in microphone. This is what the Realtek Audio Manager looks like:

It's in German but most options are self-explanatory.

If you could help I'd be very grateful.

Thanks for reading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bleeding-when-trying-to-record-on-laptop.211024/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have been having this issue for about 2 weeks now. Ive literally tried everything including uninstalling/reinstalling network card, restore points (there are none), a windows update download, and reformatting the hard drive (wont let me). Any help is appreciated. I cant afford a new pc or any new hardware at this time.

A:"Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection. Cannot proceed."

failed to query tcp/ip settings of the connectionClick to expand...

what did you do when this occurred?

Describe network equipment {modem, router} ISP, and your system.

Connect it all together, get a command prompt, enter ipconfig /all >myTcp.txt
and come back here and paste the contents of myTcp.txt as your reply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-query-tcp-ip-settings-of-the-connection-cannot-proceed.177223/
Relevancy 20.21%

Much of the lure surrounding Microsoft's long-rumored Surface Mini was the notion that it'd come in at a lower price point compared to its full-sized brother. That project was ultimately scrapped and instead, we got the Surface Pro 3 -...

Read more

A:Microsoft's new Atom-powered Surface 3 starts at $499

This was sounding so promising then I got to 2GB RAM....

Have a look at your PC now - if you are running next to nothing over standard windows services, then you are probably somewhere around 1.2GB. Add an email client, some virus software a few Chrome Tabs and you will already be swapping away to page file as the OS starts to worry about memory and things will start to grind. How much would 2 more MB cost? Shame as otherwise it sounds quite a capable little machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsofts-new-atom-powered-surface-3-starts-at-499.210900/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi my daughter tried to adjust the resolution and now the screen is Black and stuck on Out Of Range. I cannot even get it safe mode or anything. Just a black screen with the writting. It's a windows xp 32. My son is so sad if anyone knows what to do please help. Thank you.

A:PC monitor screen is black & says "Out Of Range"

Repeatedly press F8 while the system is booting.. The very first stuff you see on screen will either be your motherboard splash screen or some text. When you get to the menu where you can make a selection, choose VGA mode NOT Safe Mode. That will boot your computer at 640x480, but it will boot with full driver support, just as if things were normal. Change the resolution to what you want after that.

Remember if you change it to something that goes 'out of range' DO NOT touch anything for 15 seconds. It will revert back to what it was after that time and you can try again.

Unrelated.. Go to school at UMR? or different Miner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-monitor-screen-is-black-says-out-of-range.210867/
Relevancy 28.38%

I'm sure im not the only one wondering... when are the 28-40 lane pci boards coming out that intel promissed us?

I have 40 GPU's that I need to stick in a board for extreme gaming....

A:When are the 40 lane PCI boards coming out?

Not sure if joke or legit question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-are-the-40-lane-pci-boards-coming-out.205342/
Relevancy 50.74%

For the past month, Nvidia has faced its fair share of bad PR thanks to the GeForce GTX 970's memory allocation issue. As has been uncovered by users and explained by Nvidia, the GTX 970's last 512 MB of VRAM...

Read more

A:Nvidia CEO says GTX 970 memory controversy "won't happen again"

Again: the performance didn't change overnight; it's today the same performance than the advertised on launch date. Even that technicality can kill the case. Specifications were the "misleading" part.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-ceo-says-gtx-970-memory-controversy-wont-happen-again.209149/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello,

I bought a R9 270X by XFX. My current specs are:

CPU: AMD A10 7800k (Standard Clock Speeds, Graphics Disabled)
RAM: 4GB (2 sticks, both working)
Motherboard: FM2, Gigabyte
PSU: 500 watt 80+ Cert Silver
HDD: 500GB WD Blue

So the issue is that the R9 card consistenly crashes out of all games no matter if I uninstall the drivers or reinstall them. I have tried removing the drivers through catalyst control center and through application based tools (DisplayDriverUninstaller). Once I uninstall and reinstall, it works, until the computer is restarted and then rinse and repeat.

Is this the card saying it is dying? If so it is a weird way of graphics card dying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/r9-270x-doa-or-user-error.209138/
Relevancy 27.09%

Nvidia's G-Sync technology is currently available on a handful of displays but the cost of entry isn't cheap. That's because the current crop of monitors require custom hardware to work their gaming magic - a requirement that soon won't be...

Read more

A:Nvidia G-Sync technology is coming to laptops, no custom hardware required

LOL the G-Sync module was only ever used to verify 100% that someone was using a Nvidia GPU. What a bunch of crooks...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-g-sync-technology-is-coming-to-laptops-no-custom-hardware-required.208532/
Relevancy 51.6%

As you've probably heard by now, Nvidia is having a few issues with their GeForce GTX 970 graphics card. In response, AMD has lowered the price of the card's main competitor, the Radeon R9 290X, in an attempt to get...

Read more

A:AMD cuts Radeon R9 290X price amid GTX 970 "issues"

Meaning AMD could have been selling the card cheaper this whole time.

AMD needs to stand more firmly in their business decisions. Changing prices on a whim every time the wind blows, shows lack of confidence in their product to sell itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-cuts-radeon-r9-290x-price-amid-gtx-970-issues.208450/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi, I am having a problem with my external hard drive not working. My laptop cannot read the drive, it does not display properly in my computer and when I try to click on it it freezes and the message appears "Drive is not accessible, parameters are incorrect". I used it about three weeks ago and it was fine so I don't know what happened. I always make sure to safely remove it and am careful not to damage it. The light still still turns on when plugged in and I can hear it trying to work.

I really want to keep the files as they are from my previous laptop which died and do not have them stored anywhere else. My fault I know, but I had thought external hard drives were more reliable and I do not like the idea of cloud storage. Because of this I am hesitant to try CHKDSK. Is there anything else I can do to recover the files or fix the drive? If I take it to a computer technician would they be able to do it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-error-not-accessible-parameters-incorrect.208079/
Relevancy 28.38%

Ok, I have the question of `em all: at every game I try to unzip it gives me the crc error. I tried reinstalleing my windows, tested my RAMs(noo error found)reinstalled the drivers, nothing. I have the next output: amd a8 6600k 4gb ram r7 260X video card and gigabyte f2a55m-s1 motherboard. what should I do? also tried 7zip and latest version of winrar, and I get the memory managemet error

A:CRC error

Seems a bit odd you are unzipping games.. Do they unzip on other computers fine? If so, run a hard drive diagnostics utility like SeaTools. If you can't test on other computers, what are you trying to unzip specifically, games shouldn't be zipped...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crc-error.207554/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a mystery on my hands. I received a Bluetooth speaker as a gift. The BT-4.0 adapter plugged into my computer (USB-2.0 port) detects it (as a "Bluetooth headset"), but when I try to select it as my output device (from the "Sound" Control Panel), Windows reports it as "Disconnected".

If I open "Devices and Printers" and right-click the "Bluetooth headset" icon, I get an alert that the device "Failed to initialize".

I've tried rebooting, tried a different BT adapter, updated my BT drivers off the makers' website, Device Manager shows everything is connected & working (including "Bluetooth Audio").

64bit Win7 Home. Inateck BT-4.0 usb adapter. Speaker is a "MicroBoom" BT v2.1:
Any ideas?

PS: Eliminated the obvious. Speaker is fully charged and works just fine with my phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-headphones-paired-but-disconnected-failed-to-initialize.207624/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey all

My I-trigue speakers gave up the ghost the other day, so I bought a 2nd hand set of Creative A250 2.1 speakers from ebay for ten quid. These arrived this morning. I unboxed them to discover they were brand new: all the original packing, sticky labels, and box itself untouched. Impressed, I wired them up, plugged them in.... result was appalling. Deep hum as soon as I switched the speakers on by their rotating on/off/vol switch located on the right hand speaker. I have ensured all are correctly connected; checked the volume levels; ensured there is plenty of space between speakers etc to no avail. This kicks off immediately the speakers are switched on at the lowest possible volume.

Any suggestions gratefully received. I am running an Alienware X51.

A:Awful feedback coming from speakers

If you have a microphone connected, disconnect it or disable it and see what happens. If that isn't the problem, return the speakers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/awful-feedback-coming-from-speakers.207545/
Relevancy 28.38%

I've never seen this before. It just popped up a bit ago on my W7 pc.

What does it mean? I hope its nothing bad.

A:RAID error?

I found this in a google search http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware/AMD-RAIDXpert-Warning-Errors/td-p/342708

I've known this pc has RAID on it because everytime it reboots/boots up it shows it. I've had this pc for two years this month & just hoping nothing bad is happening.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-error.207317/
Relevancy 27.95%

My toshiba will not get on the Internet Google will come up and search but everytime it says Internet error

A:Laptop Internet error

Need specific; try looking in the cmd-> enter eventvwr.msc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-internet-error.207423/
Relevancy 27.09%

We just bought a monitor U2713H direct from Dell.

When we click on Factory Reset, the monitor doesn?t go back to Factory default setting.

-In particular, Contrast/Brightness: 0.
In terms of Color Setting, Input color Format: None.
Preset Modes: Movie

-Then we click on Reset Color Settings, Input Color Format: RGB, Preset Modes: Standard.

-When click on Factory Reset again, Contrast/Brightness and Color Setting come back to the same condition as above (Contrast/Brightness are 0, Input color Format: None.
Preset Modes: Movie).

-After we try to set up Contrast/Brightness to 50/50, we shut down desktop or turn off the power button on the monitor. Then we turn on computer or turn on power button on the monitor, Contrast/Brightness are 0, Input Color Format: None, Preset Modes: Movie.

-In summary, all menu settings can?t be saved by the monitor and Factory Reset doesn?t work.

Any idea would be highly appreciated. Thank you a lot in advance

A:Dell monitor U2713H error: settings can't be saved

What I would suggest is ask Dell if they would warenty it new it should have one and Dell should honor it. I would say they will but I have not done business with them in years, although the monitor I am using right now is one of theirs and is many years old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-monitor-u2713h-error-settings-cant-be-saved.207032/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello It may seem like a simple problem but I know nothing of the subject and I ve had the problem for ages Whenever I copy large files Movie size think MB the copy progresses very remaining" drives "5 sec Copying to/from stuck before for flash on 30 finishing seconds fast MB s until it reaches about where it gets stuck for about seconds to a minute and it says quot Time remaining seconds quot during all that time I have this problem with any flash drive in any USB port amp It also happens when copying to network drives and external harddrives which leads me to think it s a software windows issue Some vital information Copying to/from flash drives stuck on "5 seconds remaining" for 30 sec before finishing The flash drive I mainly use is USB quite new and easily capable of MB s writing speeds It reaches about - MB s during the copy until the final point where it still says MB s but does nothing for seconds USB port is also and I ve also tried every single other port in my computer None are broken and none ever show any signs of being slow The flash drive is NTFS formatted but it used to be FAT I ran checkdisk to see if there was anything wrong but there wasn t It s NTFS since I occasionally need files gt GB I tried using TeraCopy to bypass the issue but this way doesn t reach speeds of over MB s which takes even longer in the end It does fix the hanging at issue I tried converting the drive back to FAT which removes the issue of it hanging at but again the speed doesn t go above MB s which means it takes longer in the end making it not worth it What bothers me is that the files transfer at the maximum speed right until the very end where it just magically gets stuck for seconds or more before finishing like nothing happened Please advise P S I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware nbsp

A:Copying to/from flash drives stuck on "5 seconds remaining" for 30 sec before finishing

Marty9231 said:

Hello!

It may seem like a simple problem, but I know nothing of the subject and I've had the problem for ages.

Whenever I copy large files (Movie size, think 700MB+), the copy progresses very fast (~100MB/s) until it reaches about 99% where it gets stuck for about 30 seconds to a minute, and it says "Time remaining: 5 seconds" during all that time.

I have this problem with any flash drive, in any USB port (2 & 3). It also happens when copying to network drives and external harddrives, which leads me to think it's a software/windows issue.

Some vital information:

The flash drive I mainly use is USB 3.0, quite new and easily capable of ~150MB/s writing speeds. It reaches about 120-130 MB/s during the copy until the final point where it still says 130 MB/s but does nothing for 30 seconds.

USB port is also 3.0, and I've also tried every single other port in my computer. None are broken, and none ever show any signs of being slow.

The flash drive is NTFS formatted, but it used to be FAT32. I ran checkdisk to see if there was anything wrong, but there wasn't. It's NTFS since I occasionally need files >4GB.

I tried using TeraCopy to bypass the issue, but this way doesn't reach speeds of over 20MB/s which takes even longer in the end. It does fix the 'hanging at 99% issue'.

I tried converting the drive back to FAT32, which removes the issue of it hanging at 99%, but again the speed doesn't go above 20MB/s which means it takes longer in the end, making it not worth it.

What bothers me is that the files transfer at the maximum speed right until the very end, where it just magically gets stuck for 30 seconds or more, before finishing like nothing happened.

Please advise!!

P.S.: I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware. Click to expand...

Although I've had the same happen on my downloads, this "P.S.: I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware." could be part of the problem, good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/copying-to-from-flash-drives-stuck-on-5-seconds-remaining-for-30-sec-before-finishing.207001/
Relevancy 26.23%

Printer Problems in Windows XP sp3
Dell Personal Printer all in one A940
After trying to speed up an older computer running Windows XP
I may have cut off the Print Spooler (or it was already off ?)
I went back to Services dialog box & selected Print Spooler
I clicked the "Start" link at left of service list & got a message tgat said
"could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start."
Printer is still not working can anyone help?

A:Could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068

On Win/7 the dependencies are

HTTP

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DCOM Server Process Launcher
RPC Endpoint Mapper
Manually start each on and set to AUTOSTART as you go.
If one fails, then that is the root problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-start-print-spooler-service-on-local-computer-error-1068.206839/
Relevancy 27.95%

Now I know this question has been asked quite a few times but the results always vary and it appears really dependent on the hw So Recently I have been hearing an interrupted high pitched whistle from the case It is not too loud but interrupts when pitched High whistle PC coming from somewhere I need to ex read High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC something and concentrate It is not a singular long beep High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC but series of small beeps When I opened the case I tried to High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC listen where it goes from it does not appear to whistle from the electric source and CPU Graphics Net card Motherboard are too close to each other to properly determine I tried to listen with a straw but it always appears to emanate from someplace else when using this method I tried to dust everything firm the screws nothing helped The issue started about two or three weeks back I purchased the PC about a year ago and the user have not reported anything similar the last change was adding a new CPU fan about four months ago The Rig Mobo ASUS M N -AM SLV CPU AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor CPU Fan Coolermaster Hyper Evo Ram x GB PC AM Vga AMD Radeon FDD in apacer sln HDD seagate GB sln E C Cdrom DVDRW LG sln Advice very much appreciated nbsp

A:High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC

That noise could be either:

FAN
HDD
PSU

Is this system OC = overclocked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-pitched-whistle-coming-somewhere-from-pc.206833/
Relevancy 51.6%

Please help.. Can't connect to the wifi but using ethernet is working fine.. My phone could connect to the same wifi though
tried to backread some of the threads but didn't work on my laptop

A:Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

Additional info. I am using Atheros AR5006EXS Wireless Network Adapter
and I did deleted the driver and it installed again automatically, but sadly it still doesn't work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-fully-connect-to-wifi-but-works-fine-on-ethernet.206650/
Relevancy 20.21%

This call for help is apply to any one could provide help about the jmb363 jumpers setting combination to make the 2 internal sata and 2 external e-sata work at the same time , THANK YOU
AND HERE IS THE LINK FOR MY JUMPER : http://sam-2014.weebly.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/jmb363-jumpers-setting-pci-express-sata-e-sata-ide-card.206627/
Relevancy 50.74%

I've been having an issue which started this morning. The previous night, I forgot to plug in my Dell Inspiron N5050 after using it. I woke up to find that my battery had died (obviously). I plugged in the laptop, running Windows 7 HE 64 bit, and turned it on. It booted normally and I was able to do all of my tasks as needed. Then I noticed my problem. The battery icon down on the taskbar showed that the device was plugged in, but was not charging. It has stayed at a constant 2% charge for more than 24 hours now. The Battery Meter stated that my battery is performing normally, so I ruled the battery out as the cause. The adapter I am using is the default one that came with the laptop when I bought it, and it appears to be functioning normally as well. What could be the cause of this incident, and what can I do to fix it?

A:Battery Stated as "Plugged in, Not Charging"

Most likely you have a bad battery. Dell has had whole series of batteries that they shipped out in a not fully functional state. I have an HP laptop (about 8 years old now) that the battery took a "steamy one" and it will no longer charge properly. You can try this trick (it may not work, but worth a try because did work for me a couple times): power down laptop and take the battery out for 30 minutes; replace battery and plug in charger but do not power on; wait 4 hours of charge and power on. I had it work a couple times that it gave a full 100% charge. Again, if it doesn't work then sorry, but at least you tried.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-stated-as-plugged-in-not-charging.203683/
Relevancy 49.88%

I used RV042 10/100 4-Port VPN Router. I've configured the dual WAN, and enable Load Balancing for faster internet. But if I accessedhttp://ipchicken.com/ my IP Address is always chaging? How can I setup the router sticking to just one IP address?

A:How to "Load Balance" without changing the IP?

Let me preface by saying....taking two circuits and using them at the same time, even with protocol management from the LB is most likely not worth the effort.

But for the sake of the argument, the first hurdle you have is that both circuits need to have static IPs. What type of connections are they?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-load-balance-without-changing-the-ip.205897/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi,
I am having a problem with my DVD hardware. Every time I put a disc in and open it in Explorer I get I a popup asking me to burn a disc (image file attached). I've tried going through all kinds of settings but nothing works. I am running Windows 8.1. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Verity

A:Burn Disc Error

That's autoplay setting for blank disk media.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burn-disc-error.205054/
Relevancy 34.83%

Dell is releasing a new 5K monitor in Q4 this year. That's your ideal 2560 x 1440 quadrupled for retina effect, while keeping the perfect proportions, with the software that supports it that is, for the total of 5120 x 2880 madness.

A:Dell 27" 5K Monitor

VitalyT said:

Dell is releasing a new 5K monitor in Q4 this year. That's your ideal 2560 x 1440 quadrupled for retina effect, while keeping the perfect proportions, with the software that supports it that is, for the total of 5120 x 2880 madness.Click to expand...

And I thought 4K was crazy high resolution already xD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-27-5k-monitor.205015/
Relevancy 27.95%

I decided to upgrade my old hard drive to a new hard drive. When I tried to install Windows Xp on the hard drive it wouldn't let me. I have a Dell Xps 400 bought back in 2006.
The new HD is a WE 1tb. The error codes comes when I try to install windows xp on the hd. It says

I got a blue screen error after clicking enter at the screen where there is no partition found:
Check to be sure you have adequate diskspace. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adaptors.

Check with your hardware vendor for any bios updates. Disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components. Restart your computer, press f8 to select advanced startup options, and select safe mode.

Technical information:

Stop:0x0000008E (0X0000005, 0XF7419CAD, 0XF6FF17E4, 0X00000000)

Setupdd.sys ? address f7419cad base at F73ED000, datastamp 48025277

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-on-trying-to-install-new-sata-hd.204857/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello all,
Windows 7 doesn't recognize my SSD drive. When I go to disk management, it shows a message to initialize it (image no.1) but when I press OK to do that, one another message appears and says: Data error cyclic redundancy check (image no.2). My computer windows doesn't show that drive and also when I went to cmd->diskpart, again it didn't show that disk to use of chkdsk /f command. How to solve the problem please?

A:Data error cyclic redundancy check ssd

I could to revive that disk in diskpart using PartedMagic in boot. I've uploaded a new image from that. The remained problem here is that I can't delete it there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-error-cyclic-redundancy-check-ssd.204783/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, when I typed " dxdiag " it said n/a, last time I checked there was something written in it..

A:When I typed " dxdiag " it said n/a

Check your graphics drivers and install the latest one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-typed-dxdiag-it-said-n-a.204746/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am running Windows 8.1. After restarts, the laptop screen would be blank, yet the computer would load. If I hooked up a 2nd monitor, it would show the desktop on that screen but laptop screen blank.

Now when I try to type on that computer (I'm currently on a different computer) the typing of the keys is all off (none of the letters actually type what they are supposed to and some open up random windows and command prompts)

I am wondering if this is a virus. Currently running Malwarebytes. I did a system restore earlier and the problem wasn't solved.

A:Blank Screen error and typing issues

Could be a virus, but could also mean the motherboard is faulty. If still in warranty, RTM.

Does the laptop have a bootable CD reader? If so, then download and make a bootdisk of a small linux (e.g. puppy linux). Booting off that will virtually prove if the motherboard is faulty or not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-screen-error-and-typing-issues.204596/
Relevancy 27.95%

Had an AMD HP G62-227CL laptop that overheated and required motherboard replacement with similar Intel motherboard. Old board clocked at 2.2 MHZ .. new one is 2.0 MHZ.
Board I got from Ebay works but now computer believes that it is a Compaq CQ42 Laptop. Do not know the model number, which I would need on HPs site to download BIOs upgrades.

Is there a way to tell which bios I need or what model I now have?

Thank you,

Steve

A:Replaced Failed Motherboard.. now how do I determine model number and which BIOS to download?

Finding a bios update rather then the one hp would give for this board. Would be next to none.
You could check a few of the support pages for this model. Which their are a lot Of
Maybe find out the motherboard you have bought.

HP Support, Drivers, Contact and Help Forums | HP ® Support

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-failed-motherboard-now-how-do-i-determine-model-number-and-which-bios-to-download.203956/
Relevancy 34.83%

My sister's 13" MBP (2011) died a few hours ago. According to what she told me, she was using it, and then, poof, black screen and no power. She doesn't have the cash at the moment to have it properly checked by a tech, so I did a basic troubleshoot in an attempt to narrow things down.

While the internals are a bit dirty, I didn't see any obvious signs of physical damage (it was relevant to check for this). Furthermore, the machine doesn't seem to respond to any power sources. I tried a couple different power cables and, while the little amber light on the magsafe (sp?) tab will come on briefly, the computer with neither power on nor display a charge on the built-in charge indicator. I will also note that the machine failed while disconnected from an outlet source with a full battery indicated.

My initial conclusions are a) the computer fried itself or b) the battery is toast. Any suggestions?

A:2011 MBP 13" Won't Power Up

If no one here can offer any insight, I would post this to the Apple discussion forum. There are usually people there that can diagnose this from just a description so that is your best bet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2011-mbp-13-wont-power-up.204013/
Relevancy 28.38%

Just recently, my laptop suddenly became mute. This occurred while I was watching a video. My laptop put itself to hibernation or something, because it was running out of battery life. After I recontinued my session, I had no sound at all. I've tried several attempts to fix this, but to no avail. When I plug in my earphones and try to hear from them, they work perfectly fine, but when I unplug them, everything becomes mute.

If anyone can, please help.
I have a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6005 with Windows 7 64-bit.

P.S.
Attached to this post is a summary generated by CPUID PC-Wizard.

A:No sound coming from my laptop

Hi Sunaru,

With your headphones unplugged, does your volume meter in the tray icon area (bottom right) indicate volume at a reasonable level? Sounds like the drivers are working OK, might be something simple hopefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-from-my-laptop.189213/
Relevancy 34.4%

I'm wondering whether I can overclock my ASUS R500VD notebook it has an INTEL sandy bridge core I5 3210M 2.50 GHz processor 4GB (max 8) of ram running puppy linux and windows xp home edition SP2 32 bit I have benchmarked it and ill email the results to anyone who replys and gives me their email and if you're wondering why I'm running windows xp read my article in the Alternative OS section of the forums called "If all else is too hard try puppy linux" bye

A:Can I overclock my asus notebook 17"

Nope sorry, the I5 3210M isn't OC enabled.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-overclock-my-asus-notebook-17.202019/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi all,
I have an Acer Aspire Z5610 AIO computer.When I first bought it a few years back the @ and " were transposed.Hit the @ and " would come up and vice versa.At the time I contacted someone (can't remember who) and with their advice I was able to correct the problem.Due to age the PC was running v.slowly,painfully so.I decide to revert back to Factory default settings,unwisely it turns out,but the old problem of @ and " transposition is back.Has anyone out there got a solution to this problem.It is fixable as I have done it before,but how !!!
Thanks in advance,
Frank.

A:Keyboard @ and" are transposed

It's not really a problem particularly as you know which keys to press to get @ or ". This is one of the few differences between UK and US keyboard layouts. You can change the English language version from one of the options in Control Panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-and-are-transposed.203000/
Relevancy 21.93%

I AM UPGRADING FROM A RADEON 5700 1G TO A
EVGA SuperClocked 03G-P4-2666-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP
is this a good enough step up to play battle field 4 at a high level?
low on cash but this card I found seems to have what I need plus maybe a few yrs in it before a upgrade is needed. any input would be appreciated.
reason I ask is I have a day to cancel and get something else but I am not real good with computers. I am running a phenom quad core with 4 gigs of ram on win 7 ultimate and a 600 watt power supply and 1t hard drive

OH AND MY MOTHERBOARD IS A GA-MA785GM-US2H

A:EVGA SuperClocked 03G-P4-2666-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP

This should answer your question. The GTX 660 has 30FPS with ultra quality at 1680x1050. Lowering the quality settings to high, raised the frame rate to nearly 50FPS.
http://www.techspot.com/review/734-battlefield-4-benchmarks/

Final Thought:

If you can live with high settings however, you'll boost your frame rates by around 60%, sometimes as much as 80%, which is enough to make the GTX 660 and HD 7850 practical options. ...
Fortunately, there's less to consider when choosing a processor -- just make sure you have a quad-core chip. It doesn't even have to be a new one, as even the Core i7-920 and Phenom II X4 980 took care of business. ...Click to expand...

Side note:

As was the case with Battlefield 3, as long as your processor has four cores/threads, it shouldn't have a problem in EA's latest shooter. The only processors to struggle were the dual-core AMD Phenom and Athlon CPUs, while the game can utilize up to eight threads if your chip has them on tap.Click to expand...

Another improvement would be to get 8GB memory. In my opinion 4GB is boarder-line to being sufficient.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-superclocked-03g-p4-2666-kr-geforce-gtx-660-3gb-192-bit-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-x16-hdcp.202193/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi I have an older PC which I gave to my mum It originally ran Vista but I bought and installed Windows Ultimate around weeks ago after it had been inactive for months It was running great but a couple of weeks ago it just started hanging for no real reason Also at startup it would say that the computer had not been shut down properly even if it had This was only when it was switched off at the wall not after checksum defaults loaded" replaced error battery after - "cmos a restart or when the PC was left plugged in and switched on She only "cmos checksum error - defaults loaded" after battery replaced uses the PC to look at You Tube and some webcams from her grandkids and that s it she s not very computer literate Initially I left Windows repair to run overnight but when I looked at it the following morning it was still in the repair screen so I assume it had hung I spoke to a local repair shop and they suggested I test the RAM test the hard drive and replace the CMOS battery The RAM and hard drive checks went without any errors and after I replaced the battery the hanging stopped I played with the computer all evening and shut it down as normal and switched it off at the wall Next day I thought I would start it up just to check it and I was faced with a quot cmos checksum error - defaults loaded quot message I thought that was strange but maybe the battery was dead so I swapped it over with one from my perfectly working desktop to try it out and my desktop worked fine but after shutting down my mum s one it had the same problem when power was pulled So battery was ruled out Incidentally I will say that I reset the BIOS date and time every time I was faced with the error following up with a save and exit It worked fine until I unplugged the computer I then moved on to the BIOS and set it back to default and the same again After this opened the case and used the jumpers to reset the BIOS to default again but no difference My mum will not leave it switched on at the wall constantly in case it self-combusts same with her washing machine TV lamps etc otherwise I would just do that and ignore it Is there anything else someone can suggest that I try System Shop bought by Mesh Motherboard is an ASUS PSN-E SLI gb Ram - samsung gb hard drive - ASUS Thanks for any help nbsp

A:"cmos checksum error - defaults loaded" after battery replaced

I must add that the PC is the same as when I bought it new from the shop, except for adding a Creative Labs sound card (approx 2012) and installing Windows 7 (around 6 weeks ago). All Windows updates are downloaded and installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-checksum-error-defaults-loaded-after-battery-replaced.201304/
Relevancy 50.74%

My dell 1905fp finally crashed after a lot of years. I'm not a gamer, but I was very happy with that monitor.

Of course they no longer make it, and I understand refurbished monitors of this type are not necessarily a good option.

I can't seem to find reviews or comparisons which point the way to other similar monitors. I'm retired and just can't afford the $600 and way up price of what I've seen so far.

I just need a basic monitor with VGA and DVI, but would like the screen performance to be decent, incl for watching movies etc.

Any recommendations, and where to get a reasonable price? Again, don't want a wide screen.

Thanks much!

A:Reasonably priced 19" or 20" monitor, not wide-screen?

Nothing wrong with buying refurbs. They may have a few blemishes in the frame but nothing serious to keep them from functioning. I've bought a few myself and have had no issues with them. Although the monitors I bought were 20" widescreens that averaged $120 or less. For what you need/want, I wouldn't spend more than $150.

I know you said no widescreen, but movies do view better on widescreen.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-1905FP-Rotating-Landscape/dp/B00091R6KC - less than $100

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reasonably-priced-19-or-20-monitor-not-wide-screen.201641/
Relevancy 28.38%

I recently receive a pop out error message everytime I start up my laptop. Can anyone please advise? Thank you! The error message is below.

There was a problem starting
C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\nengine.dll
The specified module could not be found

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rundll-error.201803/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have networked PCs before many times successfully so this is not my first time trying to network PCs in a home environment Though I m wondering if Windows is part of the problem I would have thought that for sure until one of the name credentials bad password? user with unknown even correct failure: or "Logon new laptops running W would not connect to any of the other three PCs Laptops running W Yet these other three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to this laptop Then it gets a little more "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password? even with correct credentials interesting this same laptop that couldn t connect to those three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to a Windows desktop and a XP Laptop and those two can also connect back to it without issue It s almost like my network is divided in half and only half can talk to each other But then when I thought it couldn t get any more interesting I realized the first three W PCs Laptops can talk to the others it s just that the others W Laptop W Desktop XP Laptop can t talk back to them without getting the error quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password even though the username and password are correct I don t fully understand this error because on the surface it s just WRONG My username and password are correct but it appears something somewhere is interfering or hijacking the authentication process Three of the computers laptops are brand new just purchased last week and setup this week The HostPC is also fairly new just purchased last month I am not using a HomeGroup and have removed all computers that were part of a HomeGroup I have enabled file sharing and network discovery and enabled Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers on all PCs I have DSL and am using the wireless modem provided by my ISP which has router functionality built into it It is a Sagemcom Model F ST N All computers are connected wirelessly Time is correct on all PCs I cannot use Group Policy since they re all Standard or Home edition DHCP is enabled and all computers are on the same subnet using the x range of ip addresses The six computers are as follows I figured this may make is easier to visualize the layout HostPC HP Desktop W PC Name DrsBlend U N DrsBlend p w not showing my real password PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Desktop W SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC Dell Laptop XP SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W Every PC stated above has the same user name and password and is logged-in with the username DrsBlend and the password The quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password happens when trying to access HostPC PC or PC from PC PC or PC The HostPC can see and connect to all the PCs but only PC and PC can talk back or access the HostPC It s like the HostPC and PC and PC are in their own little clique and can talk back and forth to each other Those three PCs can also talk to PC PC and PC as well but PC PC and PC cannot talk back to them HostPC PC PC Profile corruption I would have entertained that thought but the fact the first three PCs can access and talk to one another kind of defeats that idea and the fact the PCs were just recently setup Firewall Disabled and disabled TrendMicro with no change With them on off the first three PCs can still talk to each other and the rest of the PCs Anyone have any additional suggestions nbsp

A:"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password” even with correct credentials

I experienced a similar problem when I was trying to network my 8.1 machine the host network. As you say the host PC can see and connect to all of the machines, but not the other way around. Not sure if it is the same in your situation but I found that Microsoft's idea of network sharing on the Windows 8 class of OS differs greatly from previous OS's in that you can connect to it from an external host, but when trying to do the other way around it doesn't "see" the PC in question due to differing network sharing protocols included in the OS.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am speaking only from what happened with my network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logon-failure-unknown-user-name-or-bad-password%E2%80%9D-even-with-correct-credentials.201313/
Relevancy 33.97%

So newegg is offering the Acer 29" B6 B296CLbmlidprz IPS monitor for about 350. Seems like a pretty good deal but I can't find many reviews on it. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this monitor and/or if you guys have better options for someone who is looking for an IPS monitor below 400 bucks. I want to game with it as well as do some 3d modeling and photoshop work. So I need reasonable response time for gaming. I was also looking at the HP ZR2440w and was gonna get that until I saw this deal on newegg for a larger monitor. 24" models are fine but if there are good deals on some 27" inch ones then I would be interested in those as well. Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Question on Acer 29" monitor and other monitors

Heres the link for that monitor.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G1GC2421

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-on-acer-29-monitor-and-other-monitors.201698/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello,

When I play BF4 I get a direct X error after awhile claiming that it cannot allocate any more memory and that I should use a GPU with at least 512 MB RAM.

I have tried to search around but cannot find a solve really.

Some people advise to disable the Intel integrated Graphics in the device manager but no one can confirm if it works or not so I am hesitant to try it...

I have updated drivers for Dx and the GPU without resolve, also tried reinstalling them.

It has not happened for any other games so far but the only game that really demands any memory I play is BF4 ... I will try with Crysis 3 or something similar demanding to see if the error happens there too.

Anyone have any advices?

A:DirectX error for AMD R9 290 Tri x 4GB

Obzoleet said:

Hello,

When I play BF4 I get a direct X error after awhile claiming that it cannot allocate any more memory and that I should use a GPU with at least 512 MB RAM.

I have tried to search around but cannot find a solve really.

Some people advise to disable the Intel integrated Graphics in the device manager but no one can confirm if it works or not so I am hesitant to try it...

I have updated drivers for Dx and the GPU without resolve, also tried reinstalling them.

It has not happened for any other games so far but the only game that really demands any memory I play is BF4 ... I will try with Crysis 3 or something similar demanding to see if the error happens there too.

Anyone have any advices?Click to expand...

Well in all technicality the game should not be defaulting to the integrated unless you have your monitor hooked up to the on board connectors so I would not worry about that. If its reading as a memory problem in BF4 then it maybe a problem with BF4 drivers. I have not played in a few days on my 290X setup but an update was just downloaded I noticed a day or two ago.

Have you tried changing over from directX to Mantle and seeing if that helps or vice versa?

Also try the latest Beta 14.2 because it makes things alot more stable than 14.1 was in terms of Mantle at least.

See what happens after trying this, the Intel Integrated should not be interfering so I would not worry about that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/directx-error-for-amd-r9-290-tri-x-4gb.200757/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello I got a weird one for you guys and I literally have tried everything can think of so I am hoping someone has some new fresh ideas I have a Dell Latitude E that can no longer connect via wired or wireless connections Both adapters display yellow exclamation marks next to them and in the properties of both adapters says Windows cannot install because the drivers are not recognized Error Both adapters are also missing from the adapter page in network settings I have download the most recent versions of the driver and installed no luck I have downloaded previous version of the driver from dell and installed no luck I download the driver directly from Intel and installed no luck Tried a BIOS update nothing Tried to reset to defaults nothing So I decided I would rebuild the is one Windows 31, not NICs weird Error this working 7 machine and SURPRISE that worked for a week and then the problem started again So my first thought is well maybe its a bad motherboard so I swapped the HDD with another Dell E boot it up and NICs not working Windows 7 Error 31, this one is weird both connections are working In the laptop with the drive from the bad laptop it can no longer connect now so the problem is related to windows and follows the drive Does anybody have any idea whats happening hear I am all tapped out of ideas Thanks let me know if you need any additional info Dell E Windows Enterprise auretsky vailresorts com nbsp

A:NICs not working Windows 7 Error 31, this one is weird

"so the problem is related to windows and follows the drive"... Re-install Windows on this drive. Error 31 relates to a bad driver that may be reflected in the device manager

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nics-not-working-windows-7-error-31-this-one-is-weird.200795/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi everyone!

so I was watching a video but then decided to take a break and put my old Dell laptop on hibernate for about a few minutes. when I came back I logged back in played the video back but then there was no sound.

I checked if if I was just on mute. nope. on the audio tray I can see considerable activity on the volume gauge in sync to my video playing.

I tried to connect a headset. still nothing.

I tried connecting to my TV using a HDMI cable.... audio came out of my TV just fine

So I stll was perplexed why I had no audio on my laptop even through the headphone jack

I tried a system restore. still nothing

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device.. nothing

restarted multiple times through all of the process...

anyone got any idea whats going on here ?

A:No audio coming out from laptop

Have you tried shutting it down normally, let it sit a bit & restart it?
I wouldn't of done the system resore, but....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-coming-out-from-laptop.200646/
Relevancy 28.38%

The web server in my IIS has the Default web site stopped. When I hit start, I get an error message
there was an error while performing this operation.
Details:
the process cannot accdess the file because it is being used by another process. (Exception from HRESULT: 0X80070020)
The site bindings are:
:*:57772 (http),*:443 (https), 808:*(net.tcp), *(net.pipe), locathost (net.msmq), localhost (msmqformatname)
Can anyone point out what is wrong?

A:IIS error

That error is saying
1) one program (process) as a file open
2) another attempted to modify or delete it

A most common case is when a process is running and the current directory is \temp\foo\bar

and some process is attempting to delete foo

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/iis-error.200665/
Relevancy 27.52%

When I am accessing wifi network I get dns failed error message. what is the problem? pls help

A:DNS failed error in WiFi network

Can you connect using a wired connection?
Get a command prompt and enter
ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt​then open that file, copy the contents and paste into your follow-up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-failed-error-in-wifi-network.200577/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey Guys...

So my Packard Bell Easy Note MX37-S-200 has suddenly started making persistent " Crackling " and " Popping" noises from the moment I boot it. The noise is coming from the speakers and the sound is now distorted. I have very recently got it back from the repair shop after having my AC jack replaced... I would really like to rule everything out before I start pointing fingers at the repair guy

Things I have tried - Disabling sound driver - Noise was still there and laptop just installed it again.

Running avast scan through it - Scan picked up nothing.

Played with the sound setting - Nothing changed noise still there.

Plugged in PC speakers - Noise still coming from laptop but sound came out of the speakers fine.

I have noticed also that when the laptop first starts up the noise is louder and more spaced out. I'm wondering maybe whether it is the fan? But I don't no why the noise would be coming from the speakers.

Would really appreciate any help
Thank you

A:Crackling noise coming from laptop speakers + sound distorted

My guess is that based on the information provided that the wires for the speakers have either been damaged or crossed in some way where they are touching something they shouldn't causing distortion. My advice would be to take it back and tell them whats going on and make sure to have them fix it for free if they opened it and caused this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crackling-noise-coming-from-laptop-speakers-sound-distorted.200500/
Relevancy 51.17%

I just got new SSD - Transcend 128GB. Installed Windows. When I cold boot my PC -- from a shut off state -- I get this message before Windows loads: "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key."

However, if I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and reboot I come into Windows.

If I enter BIOS from cold boot, it does not detect my SSD. After rebooting it detects my SSD. Seems like the SSD is slow at firing up?

I have run chkdsk and memory test without any errors.

My motherboard is the MSI Z87-G55.

A:"Reboot and select proper boot device"

Just installed newest BIOS, it didn't help.

When I go into Board Explorer in BIOS it says SATA port 1 is empty. After reboot it says the same port is occupied by my SSD.

Update: Plugged in another hard drive (non-SSD). Same rules apply to it. On cold boot, none of the drives are detected. After reboot, both drives are detected. I used a non-SSD as system drive before this, worked perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device.200351/
Relevancy 28.38%

I am also getting a bad image error it pops up on six or 7 start ups ive run mbam disk clean up disk defrag scan disk but its still there. ive looked over many posts and tried to follow others instructions but im still missing something

A:Bad image error

Jarrow, what are your computers specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-image-error.199835/
Relevancy 33.97%

Recently my network storage device has stopped me from accessing folders with the exception of music. All my pictures for the last 11 years are on it and not backed up anywhere else. Cannot find manual and have done reset but cannot remember URL to setup or admin username and password. Doesn't seem to be online and Edge is giving me no help whatsoever.

A:Edge DiskGo 3.5" network harddrive

Ouch if this is a NAS Device or has an IP you can use an app called FIng for your mobile device to find its ip so you can put it in the browser and get to the gui site. If you cant try fing you can use angry ip scanner for winwdows to find its ip.

If you want to try and recover files I would try recuva to obtain any data that has been lost. I am not sure if it is lost or just changed in the mapping.

As most guys will tell you here its very good idea to have three forms of back up. Local, external and online. If you don t know how to use fing or any of the software I duscusses please let me know. I will have links to the downloads below. Goodluck.

http://angryip.org/w/Download
For Fing just type in Fing in either google play or Itunes.
For Recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download/standard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/edge-diskgo-3-5-network-harddrive.200015/
Relevancy 30.1%

My Hp pavilliin g7 series laptop running windows 7 home starts up with white screen and no beeps or sounds . Started freezing on Hp logo screen last week only sometimes. Id turn off and it would work on second try. About a year and a half ago I used laptop to preview windows 8. And after I reinstalled windows 7 it has been acting funny. Ie freezing and louder fan noise. I did recently update the bios and a pci device driver that never installed. But now it has white screen this morning. I shut off and powered up and still white.
I took off battery and pressed power for 10 sec plugged back in and still white. Still no noise.
Any ideas?

A:HP G7 17" screen starts up white and stays white

Try attaching an external monitor and notice what it displays...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-g7-17-screen-starts-up-white-and-stays-white.199331/
Relevancy 49.88%

Operating System Windows Home Premium A few months ago I had purchased an INSTEN Composite AV Cable for Sony PlayStation and INSTEN mm Stereo to RCA Cable M F Inch Cm Black With these I connected the sound from my PlayStation through the Audio In jack on my computer This allowed for an audio transfer from PlayStation into computer and out the Speaker Jack in the back This has worked fine until February rd On February nd I had changed my W power supply for a W power supply Problem "In Audio Line" That day everything worked perfectly however the next day I heard a "In Line" Audio Problem humming and the sound was messed up I found out the cause was the power supply I changed out the new power supply for my old one Now my audio "In Line" Audio Problem is messed up I hear what sounds like an echo in the sound If I have the speaker volume set to I can hear the sound fine but only in the left speaker Any higher I hear interference and it sounds like it is being muffled The other problem is I can t play any music or sound without the Stereo Cable being plugged in Also the port is being labled as In Line in my Realtek HD Audio Manager If there is anything that I need to add let me know nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/in-line-audio-problem.199925/
Relevancy 27.52%

My graphic card showing error on Pc starting
When I start the computer it restarting with this error vt-x1550pci256

this error showing on top left on screen what I do Now ?

if u want more information let me know.
ps : sorry for my bad english

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-x1550-error-showing.199875/
Relevancy 49.88%

Yes yet another topic seemingly on one that has been asked many times before But this is definitely different The PC Windows enterprise an mdg vxi with dual NICs one is running to science equipment with a static ip - works fine the other connects to the company network well it s supposed to It s not actually on the domain yet because the network path can never be found because of this DNS issue The Issue I can ping any site by it s IP but never by its hostname I cannot load Yet another ping but title hostname" - different "can't any sites though the browser by using the IP the browsers IE lt -- it s our standard browser right now eww Yet another "can't ping hostname" title - but different and firefox although that s not really supposed to be installed cannot load anything According to windows the card is fully connected with internet access We have tried trying different Yet another "can't ping hostname" title - but different NICs as the Yet another "can't ping hostname" title - but different secondary ones removing the secondary and using only the onboard to connect externally giving it a static IP and entering the DNS servers - we ve tried our dns servers as well as googles public ones all cmd commands that I could think of - nbtstat ipconfig flush and reg DNS fixing the host file deleting the TCP IP stack plugged in a laptop just to make sure the port was okay and everything worked I ve pretty much done anything I can think of and anything I ve read online I m sure other things were tried I just can t remember everything I ve done or my team as done as we ve been working on this for over a week on and off I am cisco certified and took network engineering in school I even called in my networking brain trust back home and we couldn t figure this out I m thinking it s something the science company that came in to set up the machine did and I am hoping it doesn t have to be re imaged as they would have to be called back in to setup the machines again Anyone that solves this will be my hero forever nbsp

A:Yet another "can't ping hostname" title - but different

Any luck with this issue?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yet-another-cant-ping-hostname-title-but-different.163897/
Relevancy 20.21%

Previously used this phone with Zune on my now-deceased PC with Windows XP (although even that took a while to establish). Now have an HP laptop with Windows 7 but Zune consistently refuses to recognize it and just comes up with the usual 'disconnect, turn off and reconnect'. I have downloaded both Microsoft Fixes and neither of them find anything wrong; I have uninstalled/reinstalled countless times; I have been into my certificates and made changes and/or deletions - and I m now simply running out of options ...and patience if I'm honest.

Almost all the internet advice suggests the fix is easy. Would the fact I've worked on this for over a month now suggest I am a one-off?!!!

A Google search revealed that there are many people who have had the same problem still unresolved after two years or so - just as often with other Windows Phones rather than Nokia. Can anyone help please?

A:Microsoft Zune will not recognize my Nokia Lumia 800...

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune-will-not-recognize-my-nokia-lumia-800.186486/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,

My wife is pestering me to buy her a 10" tablet, which she'll use for surfing, watching videos, etc, and I wondered if anyone can please help me decide a good one for her. I never really delved into tablets before, myself being more of a desktop PC person. I decided to get her something Android based because it iPad seems to have its limitations.

What should I look out for when choosing a tablet? What version of Android, processor, CPU, RAM, storage capacity and screen resolution should I be looking for, do they all take SD cards or a means of data transfer, etc. She also wants the option to attach a keyboard to it. With regard to internal storage, I heard it's partitioned on some models so apps can only be installed in one partition and the other is for photos, documents, videos, media, etc; what minimum partiton size should we be looking at for installing apps nowadays. Can anyone recommend any models we should be considering?

Thanks.

A:What 10" tablet for my missus?

To make this simple. What Operating System you have on your PC or your wife PC. Should stick to what you have so you already know how to use it on the tablet.

Windows Users get Windows tablet
Surface RT, Pro, 2nd Gen (remember these cost more)
DELL has one for $299 8-inch. You wanted a 10-inch.

Now some Windows users have Android tablets because at the time there was much of choice even though Windows XP Tablet and Windows 7 Tablet options where available. Android tablets were used more.

If your both are on MAC apple get the iPAD 9.7-inch 4:3 ratio tablet. They do have 7-inch again 4:3 ratio tablet.

I have one Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit dual core 9.7-inch 4:3 ratio tablet. I use the touch pen with mine it's the same one for the iPad. Surface tablets uses digitize pen with 2 AAA batters inside.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-10-tablet-for-my-missus.199527/
Relevancy 26.66%

How serious is this? I'm running on a Dell laptop with a Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller.

It is saying that I should back up all of my important files because of possible hard drive failure.

PLEASE HELP? I don't know how to fix this because I don't know what it means.

A:Hard drive is reporting a Smart Event error message

It telling you your hard drive is on its way out. You can try running a check disk and see if that helps. But to be on the safe side you should back up your personal files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-is-reporting-a-smart-event-error-message.199432/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi All,

I have made a new rig and wanted to transfer the video/music from old IDE hard drive.

I have tried two IDE to USB convertors and when I try to access my old hard driver from My Computer I receive the error "Format Disk"

I have restarted my PC and now it doesn't even detect it!

A:Format Disk Error with IDE to USB Converter

Sounds like the partition table is messed up on the IDE hdd. The data is still there, but windows just cannot figure out how to "read" that drive. More than likely you'll need a 3rd party application to view the data on the drive and copy it accordingly. I use UFS explorer in the shop to recover data from customers' hdds http://www.ufsexplorer.com/download_std.php There are many other 3rd party data recovery programs/application out there, just google it & I'm sure you'll find one that fits your needs.

Post back, Hope this helps!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/format-disk-error-with-ide-to-usb-converter.198116/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone might have an idea how to fix this.

I regularly plug in my laptop to my television to game or work and have had no issues other than some colors being slightly different. I played with the color settings and got it close, but the tweaker in me remembered reading that some people were getting more true color using the ycbcr444 color display settings. However, I didn't realize that my television does not support this format and now am unable to revert it back.

Is anyone aware of a way to do a full reset of the Nvidia control panel settings? I can't switch the color display modes for the external monitor if I do not have one plugged in, so this becomes a catch-22

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/format-not-supported-plight-of-rgb-and-ycbcr444.199275/
Relevancy 34.4%

I'm looking to upgrade from my 24" 1920x1200. I tried to play games on my 55" TV and it just didn't feel right. I play mostly FPS like BF4

A:Does anyone here game on a 30" 2560x1600 monitor

I game on a 100Hz+ 27in 2560x1440 Qnix QX2710. The extra pixels and the higher framerates are excellent for FPS gaming, and for the price you can't get much better. A quick google will show up lots of useful threads if you're interested.

I wouldn't get a 30in 2560x1600 monitor just for gaming, they are very expensive and more aimed towards graphics/design professionals rather than gamers. Things you're paying a premium for such as a wide gamut won't be useful and indeed might be detrimental as a gaming and general use monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-anyone-here-game-on-a-30-2560x1600-monitor.198467/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey,
I woke up on May 10th 2013 & when it started up my laptop I saw this.

I was a bit scared, but I decided to run the following programs:
Mbam (AV)
DSKCHK
Disk cleanup
Disk defragmenter
Scan disk (SCR-scanow)
AVG tuneup
AVG (AV)
MSE (AV)
Restore point.
I do not know what happened, but I have posted on several other forums, but no answer.
Thanks,
Danawesome.

A:Repeated "bad image" error (think it's something to do w/laptop)

Did you fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-bad-image-error-think-its-something-to-do-w-laptop.198178/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello. I've got a basic problem I guess: I messed up with the Realtek microphone settings and selected "Set Default Device". I tried to fix it but I kinda destroyed my mic. - friends tell me they can hear me like I'm closer to them and they hear me worse than before. I just need to unset the Set Default Device thingy but I don't really know how.. any idea?

A:Realtek Microphone "Set Default Device"

Try doing a system restore to a previous time in which this was working correctly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-microphone-set-default-device.197750/
Relevancy 49.88%

My external drive does not come up when plugged into any laptop or computer. It leaves a message saying it needs to be formatted. I say drive E for a second and then it never came back. How can I get my stuff out? please help.

A:WD external drive - "needs to be formatted before using"

Hi Cecilia. I would look through the post below and try one of the utilities for your WD drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-diagnostic-utilities-compendium.7602/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-external-drive-needs-to-be-formatted-before-using.197384/
Relevancy 51.6%

My TB Western Digital External hard disc is not working My laptop switched off suddenly while copying files After restarted my laptop when I try to open my External hard disc drive G I m getting the message as quot Location is not available G is not accessible The drive cannot find the sector requested quot The Properties of the drive shows as Type Local Disk File system Used space bytes Free space bytes when clicking My computer- gt Manage- gt Disk Management under Storage in left find External cannot not drive - "The requested" the is hard working disc sector side I can able to see my External hard disc drive G The "The drive cannot find the sector requested" - External hard disc is not working File System shows as quot RAW quot before it was NTFS Free as but I got around TB data Also I checked in different laptops but it shows the same error And finally I checked with quot Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows quot it passed the test I m so afraid about my datas stored in the hard disc All my projects photos and many important files stored in that hard disc I dont know what the problem is I cant find any solutions in Internet Please help me to solve this problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:"The drive cannot find the sector requested" - External hard disc is not working

Hey Allen. I would call Western Digital support and see what they say.Since you have data on it you need, I wouldn't play around with it, get some answers from the drive makers, and as is always said, have important data backed up in at least 2 different places, with at least one being to CD/DVD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-drive-cannot-find-the-sector-requested-external-hard-disc-is-not-working.197220/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,

I have Windows XP SP3 installed on my desktop and suddenly my LAN/NIC is not receiving and sending packets from my network. The DHCP Client Services and TcpIP services wont start it gives error from the above.

From the device manager of non-plug and play drivers, the tcpip protocol driver, ip network address translator and netbios over tcpip has exclamation point. When I uninstall the drivers and start the services the connection is established but when I shutdown/restart the PC it will came back again the issue.

AFD is running

Below drivers are present in system32\drivers folder.

afd.sys
tcpip.sys
netbt.sys
Any ideas?

A:DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068

Hello,

I update the system and the LAN driver but still the issue exist.

I copy the netbt.sys from a working machine and paste that to the non-working machine. Same problem.

Is there other way resolving this issue aside from repairing or fresh install of the OS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dhcp-client-service-wont-start-error-1068.197233/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello all!
I regularly have the folllowing line appear when my bios starts up -CMOS checksum error defaults loaded. I am having a problem about CMOS Checksum Error, every time I turn on the computer it will wait about 30 secs before the first beep. Then the CMOS checksum error occur. Some days ago I had changed my battery after that this problem occurs. Please help me. I have a snapshots of the same problem.You can check here: http://wealthamplifier.in/images/cmos1

A:CMOS Checksum Error - Defaults Loaded

Could you have installed the battery backwards by mistake? Even though the battery is new, it could be defective.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-checksum-error-defaults-loaded.197153/
Relevancy 80.84%

Not sure if I'm in the right section

Just unpluged my m audio delta 2496 card to do some other repairs. After reconnecting and powering up I have no sound in Cubase ( In device setup selecting m audio delta driver I get the following Error message "audio engine error could not activate asio driver m audio delta" Now even windows system sounds don't work. Have tried re-installing 2496 driver....no go. Any suggestions would be welcome.

A:Error message "audio engine error could not activate asio driver m audio delta"

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next TechSpot post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-audio-engine-error-could-not-activate-asio-driver-m-audio-delta.197151/
Relevancy 20.64%

Recently bought a MS mouse.

Have found that when I move the scroll wheel up or down more than really slowly
a little round icon appears with an up arrow and a down arrow. If the cursor is
above the icon, the page automatically scrolls upward without stopping, and the reverse for the cursor being below that icon. It starts without warning and always goes farther than I want and it goes so fast it's difficult, at best, to react to it before I'm way past what I want to see.

When I click, the thing goes away.

Any way to totally delete this annoying feature other than throwing the mouse away and
getting another Logitech?

Thanks!

A:Microsoft mouse scrolling so annoying

Wow I know that feeling. I had a MS mouse that did the same thing. Never could figure out how to stop it from doing that. I search over the internet and never found a answer. Even tried its support site. I ended up getting rid of it and going back to a Logitech.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-mouse-scrolling-so-annoying.197079/
Relevancy 51.6%

In Windows 8, whenever we copy any exe files to USB device/pen drive, there is an Interrupted Action dialog saying that "the file has properties that can't be copied to the new location". How to fix this issue?

A:Windows 8 File Copy "Interrupted Action" Issue

I missed to say that there is an easier alternative method to copy files with properties is by creating image of the files need to be copied. For example, iso, daa , bin, etc.
Even if we use alternate methods, we need an easy solution to fix the main issue without any tools or software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-file-copy-interrupted-action-issue.196667/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have to new hp laptops same type and specs but for some reason one of them gets a dns error and the other doesnt why?

A:DNS Error

Compare the output of IPCONFIG /ALL for the two machines; suspect the failing one is not accessing the DHCP properly . . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-error.196646/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello

How does the serial number for a Logitech G510 or G510S look?

If you have one of those keyboards it would be brilliant if you could provide just an example of how it looks with some different letters

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-g510-serial-number.196656/
Relevancy 28.38%

I tried to format my laptop today but I cant. "It said that my pc needs to be repaired" and "the application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors." What should I do then???

A:Error formatting PC

"What should I do then???"... The built-in restore feature is corrupt, so you may have to get a Windows install disc. The hard drive may also be bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-formatting-pc.196528/
Relevancy 27.09%

lt lt RESOLVED gt gt For some reason whenever I try to run the file benchmark on my WD Blue TB or WD Black TB on HDTune Pro it always immediately returns a screen saying quot I O Error Test aborted quot Normally I would understand if this was happening if these drives were HDTune on gives drives I/O very test and new aborts Error old or had any indication that they are dying in some way However both drives have been purchased within the last months and the Blue drive was purchased only four HDTune gives I/O Error and aborts test on very new drives months ago They are each filled to approximately - capacity at the moment with this being the highest capacity the Blue has ever reached while the Black drive at one point hit before I reshuffled some files I haven t noticed any other issues with the drives at all except that HDTune s regular benchmark seems to say that the Blue drive is slightly faster than the Black which clearly shouldn t be the case HDTune s own drive status program shows no SMART issues in any of my drives either Does anyone know what could be causing this or how I could fix it Also I m not sure if this is relevant but my motherboard is currently set to run its SATA ports in quot RAID Mode quot instead of AHCI mode I HDTune gives I/O Error and aborts test on very new drives m not sure if that would matter but I don t currently have a RAID array this setting is just from a previous array that I used to have and now I m afraid that if I change the setting my drives might not boot anymore nbsp

A:HDTune gives I/O Error and aborts test on very new drives

Never mind, I figured it out. Problem was being caused by my drives being assigned as the A: drive and B: drive (Windows 8 allows this, and my slight OCD has always tormented me at not being able to use them for hard drives previous to this, so naturally I jumped on the opportunity to assign those letters). Anyway I reassigned to J: and K: drives just for the purpose of testing and all is now well!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdtune-gives-i-o-error-and-aborts-test-on-very-new-drives.196324/
Relevancy 28.38%

FYI: For those dependent upon MSN.COM, today the website certificate is no longer valid,
as shown in the attached JPG.

Your A/V program may respond differently, but Avast! found the error and offers two solutions:
1) PUNT, ie abandon the access
2) accept the cert and make an exception for this error

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msn-com-certificate-error.196061/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I m trying to play warcraft with my friend and we just got a problem which can be solved through portforwading And so I did it But still my PFPortChecker keeps telling me the messege quot Your port is not open or not reachable quot So I don t know what I did wrong I have only one router I checked it with some program which can tell me if there is a router covering my router I ve opened the settings of my router got into Virtual Servers created new chosen ports in range - applied to all tcp and udp confirmed It looks like its working but its not I ve got my firewall turned off and even so I added rules there for those ports I even turned off my antivirus Still its not working - just saying that its not open or not reachable Any ideas I ll appreciate any help and sorry for my grammar I m not from english speaking country so there might be a lot of mistakes nbsp

A:"Your port is not open or not reachable."

Okay what are we working with here?

OS?
Router?
System Specs?
System OC?
System Tweaked to the Max?
System Ports Changed or on defaults? Meaning you haven't changed anything only on the Router.
Under Services.msc did you set the UPnP to auto/start/enable

In the Router make sure you have the system set to the Port you want open and IP address should be Reserved by mac address of the NIC.

Are we using any other layered firewall software?
Are you using a Proxy?
Are you using Private Browsing?

What firewall are you using on PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-port-is-not-open-or-not-reachable.195947/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi I am wondering if anyone has Drill After using Error Hard Drive Disk had the same happening to them or even better if anyone knows how to save my hard drive The external HDD is an month old Western Digital hard drive TB was working perfectly fine before this incident I had some jpg files that I accidentally deleted from my ext HDD so I used disk drill in order to try to recover the files disk drill estimated the process to app hours and during this time I could hear the hard drive making some noises usually it is very quiet When the process was done I saved the recovered images to my mac hard drive and saved the session All seemed fine so I dismounted the WD HDD the image disappeared but when I unplugged the Hard Drive Error After using Disk Drill USB an error message showed up saying I hadn t disconnected it properly Now when I try to connect the WD HDD it makes heaps of noises and clicking sounds and it doesn t show up as a device on mac I tried to open the saved session when WD HDD was connected but a message that I needed to connect the device showed up in disk drill I restarted mac plugged in the HDD and opened disk drill once again and now I Hard Drive Error After using Disk Drill get this message quot Dead disk detected The disk quot WD My Passport Media quot seems to be non-responsive dead Unfortunately you won t be able to recover any data from it without hardware intrusion As a quick recommendation please try to reconnect it to your Mac quot I am devastated everything was working Hard Drive Error After using Disk Drill fine previously I just wanted to recover jpg images and instead I lost everything on my HDD that contained a lot of really important data Please please help me solve this nbsp

A:Hard Drive Error After using Disk Drill

I only use WD drives here. WD Passports sometimes they don't work. What I do is this.
Place one in a ziplock bag and stick it into the freezer for 3 hrs or longer.
Thaw-it or use-it while it comes to life while you connect to a USB source like a PC
Most of the time the Passport will continue to work again. It all depends on the condition of it.

Clicking or clunking means the HDD is going bad.
In the pass others would say to use a screw driver handle and hit the drive.
But I always use the freezing method and it works enough to recover the data.
If the HDD is too far gone then nope not going to work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-error-after-using-disk-drill.195888/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi all my brother has a pc at home that he didnt want anymore so he put it in some black bags and I was taking it to the charity shop so they could sell it but the bag split at top of stairs and pc went tumberling down when I looked at it all the metal brackets had come loose from where u can put cards in and the gpu card came out to I put it all back propaly had couple of errors that I sorted but power abit dodgy when switching on. but the main problem is message comes up in task bar saying usb not recognised after plugging anything in any of the ports checked device manager and nothing wrong in there please help ... only 2 was not working before but now none work.. thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-not-recognised-message-error.195740/
Relevancy 23.22%

My friend has a laptop and needs to get SD connectivity to be able to download into his computer. He has an HP 6565B laptop with an express card 54 slot. Is there an express card that has an SD adapter built in? Is the express card slot faster than usb 2.0? If not, I guess a usb 2.0 external card reader would be fine. Unless someone has a better idea. Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/express-card-54-question.195661/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an LED monitor and when I leave it powered off for an extended period of time (a few hours) and turn it back on the image 'pulses' and will sometimes force the monitor into sleep mode. If I unplug the power and plug it back in, the monitor works fine for as long as I have it on (even if it's on for hours). The same thing happens again when I power it down for a few hours or overnight.

Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-pulsing-with-a-but.195656/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi all,
Can som1 help me?
I have a asus p5n-d mobo, that keeps giving the same error at start up " Cmoc checksum error - Defaults loaded". Ive updated the bios file from 0601 to 0801 and also changed the battery but I keep getting the same message.

Ive tried to reset the bios with the mobo cd but that aren't no help either.
If their arent anything else I can do, im thinking of getting a budget socket 1155 mobo with sli, could som1 recommended a mobo.

Thanks

A:Asus mobo Bios error?

Clear CMOS And Update Bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-bios-error.195357/
Relevancy 33.97%

Apollo Imation 500GB 2.5" HDD is not detected. Usual fixes not applicable. It can be found in Disk management as Unallocated Or Under Device mgmt as one of the Disk drives. Please help how to retrieve my information.

Thanks in advance.

A:Apollo Imation 500GB 2.5" HDD is not detected in Win 7

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears that since windows is seeing the hard drive, but not it's partitions - that something has messed up the file allocation table on the drive. Hopefully there's not something physically wrong with the drive. Some data recovery software should be able to "see" the data that windows cannot. I use a program called UFS Explorer ( http://www.ufsexplorer.com/index.php ) it works really well for drives that have data, but windows cannot see them. There are other data recovery programs/software out there, UFS Explorer is just what I am familiar with.

Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apollo-imation-500gb-2-5-hdd-is-not-detected-in-win-7.195183/