Windows Support Forum

A10 6800k processor with factory cooler. Hyper 212 or H60

Q: A10 6800k processor with factory cooler. Hyper 212 or H60

Hi my name is Rafael of Brazil, rode a computer gamer very good, the settings I put down. My CPU is theoretically very good, but I can not play with it, the cooler that comes with the processor does not maintains the temperature when the BF 4 game with full graphics of 50 fps, but a few minutes later he shuts down and restarts in the middle of the game I think the manufacturing cooler's fault, because he goes from 100 degrees (HWMonitor), I will put an exhaust fan and I'm thinking about changing the cooler, am among the Hyper 212 EVO and H60. What would be better to cool off without the need for overclocking.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: A10 6800k processor with factory cooler. Hyper 212 or H60

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: A10 6800k processor with factory cooler. Hyper 212 or H60

I would like someone to help me, which of these coolers is better. Hyper 212 EVO or H60?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a10-6800k-processor-with-factory-cooler-hyper-212-or-h60.207197/
Relevancy 76.11%

I just got the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Cooler today, easily installed and really good. Well better than stock cooler.

Hyper 212 Plus - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply

Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus review

The 1 fan which is mounted is intake.

If i were to install another fan to make it dual fan, would both be intake or would one be exhaust and intake etc. As in going with the push pull flow?????

A:Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Cooler

Quote: Originally Posted by rmw020

I just got the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Cooler today, easily installed and really good. Well better than stock cooler.

Hyper 212 Plus - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply

Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus review

The 1 fan which is mounted is intake.

If i were to install another fan to make it dual fan, would both be intake or would one be exhaust and intake etc. As in going with the push pull flow?????

I have the 212+ as well. You'd want one push and 1 pull. Also, make sure the 2nd fan moves the same amount of air as the 1st, or you'll create a bottleneck of sorts. But with 2 fans that have equal airflow, you will notice a drop in temps. But there will be more noise, unless you change both fans to a quiet fan like Noctua's. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/125862-cooler-master-hyper-212-plus-cooler.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello, i have AMD phenom II x4 955 BE processor. i have replaced the stock fan because of the huge noise and the bad cooling with a new Cooler Master hyper 212 plus(Hyper 212 Plus - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply) i noticed that it is a bit better for cooling but the noise is too high.
it is allowed to have 2 fans on both sides, i have only one fan now i bought it that way so if i buy the other fan and plug it in the other side will increase the cooling and lower the noise or make it worse noise?!
thank you

A:Cooler Master hyper 212 plus?

Two identical fans is going to make more noise than 1 fan.

You should use a single fan that blows air THROUGH the heatsink fins and TOWARD the rear of the case, where you probably have an exhaust fan.

That heatsink is generally well-regarded for cooling purposes, but I'm not sure about how quiet it is.

You may have just had bad luck and got a noisy example of the fan.

Or that particular fan may just be noisier than you like.

My advice: replace with another fan KNOWN to be quiet: low to medium speed Nexus, Yate Loon, or Scythe, for example.

Make sure you have mounted the heatsink and fan to blow air as I described above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/151268-cooler-master-hyper-212-plus.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello. I just ordered a new heatsink for my Core 2 Quad Q9550 at stock clocks (2.83GHz), and I was wondering if anybody else had any experience with this heatsink. Any advice would be useful because this will be my first aftermarket heatsink. If you could provide installation tips or stuff like that, that'd be good too. Thanks.

A:Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

Two things. First, understand that if your Intel CPU was a retail version that came with an Intel supplied heatsink fan (HSF) assembly, then according Intel's CPU policy, using a 3rd party cooler voids the warranty! Also note that damage attributed to overclocking is not covered under any CPU, motherboard, or cooler warranty either, regardless any overclocking features or software provided by motherboard makers. Certainly, this is not a concern for some enthusiasts. But it is a concern for many others, and everyone should be aware of it.Intel CPU Warranty Information (my bold added)Intel warrants the Product (defined as the boxed Intel? processor and the accompanying thermal solution)... ... if the Product is properly used and installed, for a period of three (3) years. This Limited Warranty does NOT cover:• damage to the Product due to external causes, including accident, problems with electrical power, abnormal electrical, mechanical or environmental conditions, usage not in accordance with product instructions, misuse, neglect, alteration, repair, improper installation, or improper testing; OR
• any Product which has been modified or operated outside of Intel's publicly available specifications
Note that is NOT my opinion, I am just the messenger making sure you are aware of Intel's policy. For AMD readers, they have the same policies about overclocking and the use of 3rd party HSF assemblies on CPUs that come supplied with OEM HSF assemblies.

Second, the proper use of TIM is essential. Here's my canned text on that:

An often misunderstood and sometimes overlooked critical hardware component is thermal interface material or TIM. TIM is typically seen as a thermal pad on a CPU heatsink, or in paste form. It may also be called thermal grease, silicon grease, heat transfer compound, thermal paste, heat sink compound, goop, and probably more.

The 4 Most Common Heatsink Fan (HSF) Assembly Mounting Mistakes:Failure to use TIM
Used too much TIM
Reused old TIM
Did not clean mating surfaces thoroughly before applying TIM
The purpose of TIM is to ensure all the microscopic pits and valleys in the CPU die and heatsink mating surfaces are void of heat trapping air, maximizing surface to surface contact. Any excess is too much and gets in the way, and can actually be counterproductive to the heat transfer process.

Materials Needed: One clean plastic shaft Q-Tip (cotton swab), acetone or 91% isopropyl alcohol (note - most rubbing alcohol is 70% and leaves a film, 91% alcohol can be found at your local drug store), clean scissors, can of compressed air, and the TIM. I recommend one of the new generations of non-metallic TIMs such as Tuniq TX-2 or AC MX-2, or the venerable silver based TIM, Arctic Silver 5.

WARNING: Keep yourself grounded with the case to ensure there is no static buildup and discharge that might destroy any electrostatic discharge (ESD) sensitive devices. It is important to realize that the "threshold for human awareness" for a static shock is higher than the tolerance of ESD sensitive devices. In other words, you can shock and destroy a CPU, RAM module, or other sensitive device without even knowing there was a static discharge! Use an anti-static wrist-strap or frequently touch bare metal on the case to maintain your body at the same potential as chassis (case) ground.

Preparation: Power off and unplug the computer from the wall. Cut off one cotton swap near the end. Bend the plastic shaft about 1/2 inch from the cut end to make a nice little hockey stick. This is the working end of your TIM application device. Clean the die and heat sink mating surfaces with a soft, lint free cloth dampened (not dripping wet) with acetone or 91% alcohol. Do not let any fluids run down the sides of the CPU die. Clean skin oils from the working end of your applicator with the alcohol dampened cloth. Blast the surfaces with a quick blast of compressed air to ensure the surfaces ar... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/44850-cooler-master-hyper-212-plus.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a hyper 48 cooler that only runs at 1500 rpm and my Gigabyte mother board only has 3 wire connection and the fan has a 4. wich means I can not control the fan speed through my mother board, correct meif I am wrong. i have a GA-K8U-939 board. Can i get a power addapter that will allow me to connect it straight to the power supply. I read that if you connect the hyper cooler up to a 4 wire it will run at max RPM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hyper-48-cpu-cooler-fan-speed.67480/
Relevancy 69.66%

I was very disappointed to find my Cooler Master Hyper 48 CPU fan wouldn't work on an AM2 motherboard. After much searching I found an adaptor. $2.99 for the bracket and $8.54 to ship.

http://www.svc.com/am2rm-revc.html

David

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cooler-master-hyper-48-cpu-fan.786725/
Relevancy 69.23%

I am putting together a new build with a hyper 212 plus and some corsair vengeance memory that goes right beside it. The problem is that the hyper 212 extends slightly into the 1st slot of memory. The vengeance memory is way too high with the heatsink on it. What can I do? Can I put the fan on the cooler to pull instead of push or will I lose some cooling? Do I need to get different memory? Can I take of the heatsink on the first stick? Thanks.

A:Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus question

Looking at that memory, it looks like there's a little tab/hole/thing to pry the heatsink off. Don't force it, because you might cause damage. But if you can get it off gently, the RAM should operate fine without it.

I'm not sure about the difference between push/pull cooling, but I think you might lose some efficiency if you set your fan to pull from the other side. I've seen several dual-fan coolers that have a fan on both sides, but every single-fan cooler I've seen has a fan pushing air, not pulling, There's probably a reason for that.

You could also try turning your cooler so it faces another way. This might mean disrupting the airflow though.

But yeah, don't force the heatsink off. If it doesn't behave, you might want to pick different memory, or a different cooler.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-hyper-212-plus-question.173178/
Relevancy 69.23%

Need to know why I cant get this to work. Even wathced a youtube video on nhow to do it and it still wont work. I am trying to use it with a Q6600 that I know works. but I just installed the backplate to the underneath of the board, then attached the mounting plate to the HSF and the top of the board. Turned it on and NOTHING. No video at all. Fans ALL whir up and run, but no pic. Any idea why it wont work??

Relevancy 68.37%

I have used the stock cooler on my Master vs. Hyper HSF stock Intel 48 Cooler j for some time now I ve had good results but the noise level is bit too much Now I have this very large and heavy copper HSF with a mm fan A Cooler Master Hyper I ran a test with my stock HSF I booted up at Intel stock HSF vs. Cooler Master Hyper 48 my GHz Vcore x and ran idle for awhile then at full load Stock Intel HSF I then Installed the Cooler Master I had to remove the motherboard to install a back plate than the HSF is screwed down too Then I ran the same test It comes with a replacement bracket for both socket and Athlon It will clamp down to the regular bracket but as Intel stock HSF vs. Cooler Master Hyper 48 heavy as it is the back plate is required Cooler Master Hyper After week The noise levels are lower with the Hyper but still much louder than a Arctic Cooling Freezer The Cooler Master s overall performance is a disappointment so far I hope that once the heat sink compound cures performance will increase over the Intel unit I may also replace the Intel stock HSF vs. Cooler Master Hyper 48 mm fan with a more quiet one The Hyper gets ZERO green bouncies nbsp

A:Intel stock HSF vs. Cooler Master Hyper 48

if you're looking for silence, you need to move up from air cooling

i prefer water cooling, but you can buy fan-less heat pipe coolers as well (they are huge though.. lol)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-stock-hsf-vs-cooler-master-hyper-48.49198/
Relevancy 60.63%

It states in my motherboard manual.

" If you install AM2+ cpu on this motherboard, the system bus speed will downgrade from HT3.0 (5200mhz) to HT 1.0 (2000mhz). However the frequency of the AM2+ cpu will not be impacted"

I am indeed running a AM2+ processor, And in cpuz it shows my bus speed as 200 mhz and my ht link as 800 mhz..

My questions are:

Is this normal?
Whats causing this bottleneck? my cpu or motherboard?
Why is cpuz reading 800 mhz instead of the 2000 mhz my manual states?

This is the first time ive dealt with hyper transport, Being an intel convert, and really have no idea what im doing !

Thanks for any help

Cant believe i spelt processor wrong in the title... doh!

A:Am2+ processor and hyper transport speed?

It could be an issue with the ASrock motherboard... Those motherboards are...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am2-processor-and-hyper-transport-speed.129708/
Relevancy 60.63%

Well, here goes, Im just about to embark on the fittling of a processor watercooler. Its an Aqualia that I got second hand from a friend. I spent last night cleaning then testing it (outside of my pc) and Im now happy that everything is fine with it. So wish me luck, I dont think i will need any luck tho, it all looks very straight forward. My CPU is running at 50 degrees c at the moment so it will be interesting to see if there is much difference when its all in.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Rik.

A:Fitting processor water cooler

Well, 4 hours and a lot of sweat later and its in and working. My processor in now idleing at 38 degrees c so £30 well spent i thinks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fitting-processor-water-cooler.26368/
Relevancy 60.63%

-What is a BIOS? How do I access it? What is it useful for? Can I modify it? Should I modify it? Benefits from modification? anti-benefits?
-how to cool down hp dv6 PC; I understand that one could downgrade the BIOS; I understand that an F16 downgrade for hp dv6 would be good at keeping system cooler. Is this really the case?

A:How to keep HP dv6 cooler without losing processor power

Wikipedia:

BIOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You access it using a hotkey during startup. I believe that it's F10 for the HP machines. (On a Dell, it's F2. Asus motherboard, delete key.)

You might do better to go to the Windows control panel labelled Power. You may be able to set a scheme that will make the notebook run cooler when it's not using the CPU heavily.

As fars as I know, there's no way to make the machine run cooler without losing performance when the CPU is being max'ed out.

It's possible that reverting to an older BIOS might help if HP has screwed up the one that you have, but it's not what one usually expects.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/242200-how-keep-hp-dv6-cooler-without-losing-processor-power.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am trying to compile a list of Intel stock processor part numbers that shipped with Intel retail boxed processors If you purchased an Intel socket socket or socket retail boxed processor that came with an Intel stock cooler if you have your machine opened up or have the original packaging any information you can post in this thread would be deeply appreciated If you happen to know the sSpec of the Cooler INTEL Need Numbers Help Processor With processor and could post Need Help With INTEL Processor Cooler Numbers that also it would be great For Instance post the information like this Note The sSpec is etched on the front of the processor and also on the end of the box in which it was shipped The sSpec will be a character alpha numeric or Need Help With INTEL Processor Cooler Numbers just a digit alpha number beginning with S Cooler Model Number E - Core Duo E sSpec SLB J If you don t know the sSpec that s fine the processor and cooler number are the most important but the sSpec number helps when there a processors with the same numbers but different stepping I am only interested in stock coolers that shipped with the processor not any rd party coolers Also if someone has already posted the cooler model number for the same processor you have but you have a different cooler part number please post it Intel uses several different suppliers for their stock coolers and a cooler with a different part number may have been shipped with the same model processor Thanks for any information you can provide nbsp

A:Need Help With INTEL Processor Cooler Numbers

Cooler Model Number: D60188-001
Core 2 Duo E6550
sSpec # SLA9X

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-intel-processor-cooler-numbers.843964/
Relevancy 60.2%

I'm currently running this processor and MOBO:

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor BX80562Q6600

Newegg.com - ASUS P5K EPU LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

It's just not fast enough for me.

I was leaning towards the i7 because it seems to be the fastest processor for around $300.

But apparently these new intel chips have sandy bridge which is a form of hyper threading.

I'm just trying to figure out if I truly need the processor with hyper threading. I understand it basically turns the 4 cores into 8 virtual cores, but does it apply this speed to all computer programs and functions?

I run 3 monitors and constantly doing multiple things including web design, graphic design etc.

I also plan on maxing my ram at the 32gb the MOBO will allow to help this system run as fast as possible.

A:Need to upgrade processor and MOBO - do I really need hyper threading?

Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnyScience

I understand it basically turns the 4 cores into 8 virtual cores, but does it apply this speed to all computer programs and functions?

Take a look at the performance section here:

Hyper-threading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It helps under certain circumstances, but is not a substitute for additional cores. How much it would help in any situation varies, depending on the software involved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/194538-need-upgrade-processor-mobo-do-i-really-need-hyper-threading.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello.

I plan to build my own computer since the DELL gx280 have given hard time to me. The i5 process would like to be my system in this time. Here is the list what I estimate on ebay (mostly)

CPU: Intel Core 2 q9400 - $190 OR i5 - $200
CPU Fan: ???
M/B: Asus P5KPL-CM - $60 OR Intel DP55WB - $100
Ram: Kingston 4gb DDR2 800mhz - $60 OR DD3 -$70
Video: ATI Radeon 4850 - $124
HDD: Western Digital 500GB 32mb, 7200 rpm - $56
DVD-RW: LG DVD-RW - $31
CASE: standard ATX Tower with 500w power - $45

I have no idea about a CPU cooler. What I heard that the CPU cooler should be different ones depends on the M/B and case.
What kinds of cooler can I use for my system? Also how am I able to firgue that out?

Thanks.

A:Cooler for Core i5 processor with Intel board?

Fast Healthy Weight Loss

I plan to build my own computer since the DELL gx280 have given hard time to me.

burnfatlikeafurnace.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-for-core-i5-processor-with-intel-board.136168/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello i'm using a P4 hyper threading CPU and it's slowing down, when i check the task manager i notice that the CPU usage is not the same
the one on the left is picking up (or higher than the other one) and the one on the right is in its normal mode.. 1st time to encounter this...any advice outhere...Thanks!

A:P4 intel Hyper-threading 2 processor un-equal usage

intel P4 hyper threading 3.0 XP sp3
slowing down cpu due to unequal cpu processing i think (1st time to encounter this problem)
can you help thanks..... attach is procecp.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/328611/p4-intel-hyper-threading-2-processor-un-equal-usage/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am buying Intel Quad Core processor Qx6700. I want to know that should I buy Gigabyte Air cooler 3D Rocket2 insted of installing the cooler and heat sink came with the processor itself?

A:Cooler for Processor Intel Quad core Qx6700

The gigabyte would probably be the best choice!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-for-processor-intel-quad-core-qx6700.66010/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,
I have a Dell Precision Workstation T5400, my current processors are:
Processor(s): 2 Processor(s) Installed. [01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz [02]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz
more specifically
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5450 @ 3.00GHz 3.00GHz (2 processors)
They do not support SLAT(Second Level Address Translation) which is a requirement for Hyper-V to work:
Current Hyper-V Requirements:
VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: Yes Second Level Address Translation: No Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes
Could I please have some advice on what processors would be a natural upgrade for me, which support SLAT?

Thanks
Mcai

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19985829
Relevancy 54.18%

my Emachine T2825 when i bought it was running at 2.0 ghz I just got this malware or virus the other day called spy sheriff and after that I was double checking my specs and it says that i'm running at 1.25 ghz now. I'm not sure if the virus has anything to do with this or if it just happened.

Could someone please help me figure out why it is running so slow? ...advice?

specs:
T2825
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
AMD Athlon™ XP 2800+ Processor (2.083 GHz) with QuantiSpeed™ architecture
NVIDIA® nForce™2
400 GB HDD
1 GB DDR (PC 2700)
Geforce FX 5500 256mb AGP 8x
creative soundblaster live 24-bit
Thanks!

Relevancy 53.75%

hi all. having problwem again with this system. i was play far cry 3 and out of nowhere, the screen went black. i couldnt get it to come back on and the case buttons wouldnt work. i had to pull the psu cable to reset. anyways. after a little research i know its the gpu. i have underclocked it by 15% and its working but why is it not stable on stock clocks??

A:a10 6800k gpu unstable

what temperatures are you getting? it could be overheating.

the current thermal paste used on the latest fm2 coolers is getting a bad reputation for being poor and giving idle temps of 50c~ which is a tad hot.

thw thermal cutoff for the a10 series I beleive is around 75c

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/319897-a10-6800k-gpu-unstable.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys, building a new PC, and I decided not to go too cheap with core components and leave the video card until later, while still getting everything in one go. Now this being the case, I will need to run non-dedicated graphics for a while (which are decent nowadays). Anyway, I want to go with the Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Motherboard and an AMD A10-6800K Richland CPU,

Will the video outputs on the motherboard work with the APU and will I be able to use integrated video until I get a dedicated video card?

The Newegg page for the motherboard says "Integrated Video: None", so I am a little bit confused, is there no integrated video chipset because that's what the CPU is now being an APU?

A:AMD A10-6800K with what motherboard for integrated video?

I just built a home office build system for my parents using that exact board with an A4-6300 Richland in a Cooler Master HAF 912 (I really like this case for microATX boards). The board was great to work with and since the APU is on the chip itself my folks didn't need to purchase a video card.

So to answer your question: Yes you'll get your video.

* I would seriously consider getting an aftermarket cooler to replace the heatsink that comes with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-a10-6800k-with-what-motherboard-for-integrated-video.205551/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
Is it possible to install Windows server 2012 Hyper-v on windows 8 Hyper-v? or should I use Wmware Workstation.

Thanks

A:Virtualize for test Win2012 Hyper-v server on Windows 8 Hyper-v?

You can't run hyper-v (any version) inside a VM so neither would work,
and even if you could it would be so painfully slow as to be unusable.

Bob Comer - Microsoft MVP Virtual Machine

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/23543f9d-a631-420b-adf0-7242b0e7ee86/virtualize-for-test-win2012-hyperv-server-on-windows-8-hyperv?forum=w8itprovirt
Relevancy 51.17%

I am using Windows Insider Preview upgraded from Windows fully updated I had installed remove - feature Hyper-V running not Hyper-V Hypervisor can't the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK but when I tried to Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature start a VM I created in this case Windows Server TP since I want to explore the new nested Hyper-V feature I got the message that the Hyperrvisor was not running Indeed when Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature I created the services admin tool the HV was not running although it was set to staRt automatic Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature I could not start it - failed immediately Most annoying I could not remove the Hyper-V feature Windows started the removal process after rebooting but then rolled the changes back because it could not apply them I restored Windows from a recent image I created using AOEMI Backupper The restore worked flawlessly and instead of trying to remove Hyper-V I've disabled all its processes Now I can install VMware Workstation and Virtualbox but I really wanted to try Hyper-V Has anybody got Hyper-V working on Windows - what version if so Is there a workaround for the Insider Preview or if not how I can I file a bug TIA V

A:Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

Yes, quite a few have se it up and used it without issue. have you read the tutorial?

Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/35035-hyper-v-hypervisor-not-running-cant-remove-hyper-v-feature.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am using Windows Insider Preview upgraded from Windows fully updated I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest can't - not remove Hyper-V Hyper-V feature Hypervisor running Windows but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK but when I tried to start a VM I created in this case Windows Server TP since I want to explore the new nested Hyper-V feature I got the message that the Hyperrvisor was not running Indeed when I created the services admin tool the HV was not running although it was set to staRt automatic I could not start it - failed immediately Most annoying I could not remove the Hyper-V feature Windows started the removal process after rebooting but then rolled the changes back because it could not apply them I restored Windows from a recent image I created using AOEMI Backupper The restore worked flawlessly and instead of trying to remove Hyper-V I've disabled all its processes Now I can install VMware Workstation and Virtualbox but I really wanted to try Hyper-V Has anybody got Hyper-V working on Windows - what version if so Is there a workaround for the Insider Preview or if not how I can I file a bug TIA V

A:Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

Yes, quite a few have se it up and used it without issue. have you read the tutorial?

Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35035-hyper-v-hypervisor-not-running-cant-remove-hyper-v-feature.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Okay so I am starting this thread here seeing as how Clock and A10-6800K AMD Motherboard Wrong Setting Voltages Speeds the topic of the old one no longer applies to this situation I jumped ahead of myself trying to overclock this CPU which made me question the frequencies and voltages which are supposed to be set automatically by the motherboard I am having a tough time understanding all this I will post links to the exact AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds parts I am AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds using so whoever is keen enough to try to help will know what we re dealing with Motherboard MSI A X-G Gaming CPU AMD A - K Richland GHz Turbo Black Edition RAM Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR MHz PC V CPU-Z Screenshots After doing some AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds reading in regards to overclocking I have found out some details which are totally incorrect in my case For starters the FSB to DRAM Frequency Ratio from what I read is supposed to be some reported slightly higher ratios or something similar but CPUZ is showing which sounds absurd Also it s reporting the RAM as PC - at MHz and voltage at I haev Intel XMP enabled on the motherboard and the motherboard reports memory speed in BIOS at DDR- MHz Can someone analyze the above shot and information and clue me in as to what is wrong and what needs to be done I would really appreciate it because I am baffled I have no clue what the CPU-NB frequency and voltages are for so I don t want to mess with something I don t know anything about Anyway any and all help is much appreciated as always nbsp

A:AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds

Go into the BIOS and change the DRAM voltage to 1.60 or 1.65V and set the timing as u see XMP-2132

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-a10-6800k-motherboard-setting-wrong-voltages-and-clock-speeds.208183/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am building a new PC - components arriving over the next week. Going to be an MSI A78M-E45 V2 motherboard with AMD A10-6800K APU, 8 gb Crucial RAM (2x4 gb), and XFX HD-667X-CDFR 2 gb PCIe graphics card. AMD advertises dual GPU capability via Crossfire using both the GPU of the A10 processor and the HD-6670 PCIe card.

Has anyone setup anything like this in Windows 10 before? I'm planning on having to force install the AMD Catalyst 15.7 drivers and Catalyst Control Center, but I hope I can get a success story to boost my hopes!

Thanks!

I'm using a bit older components because I wanted to stay under $300 and it should still be about 4x faster than my current PC.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/40529-setting-up-dual-amd-gpus-a10-6800k-apu-xfx-hd6670-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I upgraded my GPU recently and noticed that my CPU fan was making more noise than I remembered - sort of a droning noise nbsp I checked my CPU temps and discovered much CPU 8900 - XPS cooler upgrade cooler operation quieter and that at idle the CPU was hitting - C I decided to upgrade my cooling nbsp The XPS 8900 CPU cooler upgrade - much quieter and cooler operation main limitation besides the fact that Dell has a non-standard CPU backplate setup is the somewhat narrow case on the XPS doesn t allow installation of most of the inexpensive high-performance coolers because they are too tall XPS 8900 CPU cooler upgrade - much quieter and cooler operation by quot - quot nbsp Then I found the Cyrorig H which has three heat pipes a huge heatsink and mm fan all in a package that is quot only quot mm high - just short enough to fit in the case nbsp I installed it yesterday and it works GREAT nbsp Very happy with it initially at least I also swapped out the stock Sunon case fan for a Cooler Master Blade Master mm fan which is quieter but similar CFM specs Overall the computer is now quieter at load than it was at idle before nbsp And my CPU temps have dropped by degrees C nbsp Great upgrade nbsp I made a video on how I did it here and here are a couple of pics

A:XPS 8900 CPU cooler upgrade - much quieter and cooler operation

Nice !

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993539
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what CPU cooler this is? It is for the silverstone SUG SG07

link to youtube is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsg2sKoOV50&feature=player_embedded

At 1:20

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all new to this forum I bought a Cooler Master chipset cooler for my Asus P P -E Deluxe I was checking my GPU fan when I with Problem Master Cooler HOT! cooler RUNNING chipset touched the cooler and it was hot Problem with Cooler Master chipset cooler RUNNING HOT! I mean HOOOTTT like cant touch it for more than a second hot The fan is spinning the K revs it runs in but its super hot anyway I gave my stock Problem with Cooler Master chipset cooler RUNNING HOT! cooler away and this is what I have The MB temperature is normal c and cpu c fanless at idle I dont know where that MB sensor is located but the chipset must be over c at least Whats the best chipset cooler out there My MB has an Intel chipset i need an upgrade My Antec P provides great Problem with Cooler Master chipset cooler RUNNING HOT! ventilation with mm fans case is sitting standing up like its meant to be and I was reading in another forum that some heatpipes dont like to be sideways could this be the case nbsp

A:Problem with Cooler Master chipset cooler RUNNING HOT!

chipsets have a higher heat tolerence than CPUs, 40c is a safe operating temp. also, temp sensors are not accurate, so you can't really go by the reading from it anyways. it's not unusual for software based sensor to be as much as 10c off the actual temp.

the cooler you bought should work fine. did you thoroughly clean the chipset and heatsink with isopropyl alcohol and then apply new thermal compound before mounting the cooler?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-cooler-master-chipset-cooler-running-hot.53796/
Relevancy 49.88%

Win The symptom is adapters in Device Manager that I can't remove From uninstall adapters Hyper-V Hyper-V or itself Network Can't time to time this problem interferes with the Ethernet card on the PC Can't uninstall Hyper-V Network adapters or Hyper-V itself and I lose all connectivity for the host OS nbsp So I really need to fix this nbsp I've currently recovered connectivity by deleting my VM and the virtual switch in Hyper-V manager but I'd like to resolve this problem properly by eliminating these 'unattached' adapters I've read many posts and still am not convinced I know which steps to take nbsp Many of the posts seem a little dated so I'm concerned I'll create additional problems if I follow old stuff nbsp Here are a few of the solutions I've seen on the boards edit the registry up to times nbsp This doesn't sound like a great idea but if that's what it takes https social technet microsoft com forums windowsserver en-US e af-b - d -ac -c e c cc fd cannot-remove-ms-virtual-network-switch-adapter-leftover-of-hyperv nbsp and nbsp https social technet microsoft com Forums windowsserver en-US f b e-f dc- c - ff- db b hyperv-networking-woes forum winserverhyperv remove the adapter in something called the Administrative Website nbsp I don't really know what that is nbsp Is that a current piece of software for use with Hyper-V on Win nbsp I have been using the Hyper-V manager nbsp Is that not good enough nbsp If Administrative Website is relevant where do I find a copy for Win https technet microsoft com en-us library cc v ws aspx f amp MSPPError - I tried to uninstall Hyper-V and couldn't nbsp I went through Control Panel gt Programs and Features gt Turn Windows features on or off and unchecked Hyper-V nbsp When the process was over I could still run Hyper-V even though the checkbox is cleared out nbsp in the Windows Features panel nbsp I wonder what's going on there Other suggestions were to go to a restore point or even worse refresh the system thereby removing everything else as well nbsp There must be an explanation for what's happening here that doesn't involve nuking my workstation So if someone could get me started on fixing this I would appreciate it nbsp I had this problem once before and was able to remove Hyper-V which cleared the adapters from Device Manager but I can't do this now because of item above Thanks for your help in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/13c15964-f380-4a65-ab64-b7d39cbd65c3/cant-uninstall-hyperv-network-adapters-or-hyperv-itself?forum=w8itprovirt
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

Do you guys think that Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler will fit in a regular full tower case. Its not a branded/famous case, just a normal full tower with handle on top.

Thanks for your answers.

Relevancy 49.45%

Alright, so recently my stock cooler for my CPU has been getting really annoying. It seems to get really loud during gaming, with my CPU temps averaging around 43c.

So I decided to grab a new CPU cooler. Ive had my eyes on the
COOLER MASTER V8

But now after a little of reading up on the cooler, I'm a little concern about size and effectiveness. Here's my case if anyone knows if it will definitely fit.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147047&Tpk=Rosewill armor gaming case

Also,id like to know if there are any other good CPU coolers out their along the same price range, that performs better.

-Thanks In advance

A:New CPU cooler to replace AMD 965BE stock cooler

The V8 is still a very good cooler, and was top dog for its time. if you want the top performers now , you are going to pay another $30 for them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...00 50001444&IsNodeId=1&name=Thermalright, Inc.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...Cooler_Sockets_775_1156_1366_AM2_AM2_AM3.html

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...Cooler_Sockets_775_1156_1366_AM2_AM2_AM3.html

I have the Silver Arrow (3 fan) cooling an AMD Phenom II x6 1100T @ 4.3Ghz and It's stellar.

Make sure you know the measurements of your case if you are getting a high end cooler.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-cpu-cooler-to-replace-amd-965be-stock-cooler.167347/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello guys So thanks to some awesome TS members valuable input I put together this PC knowing that I will be using the IGP for a while until I get - Cores Cores Underclock Overclock A10-6800K to CPU AMD GPU dedicated GPU s and I am actually really satisfied with the performance Essentially there isn t a game that s unplayable with the APU even AMD A10-6800K - Underclock CPU Cores to Overclock GPU Cores handling the newest titles with High graphical settings quite well Now I may not be getting incredible frame rates usually - FPS for a system without a dedicated GPU that s pretty damn good if you ask me Now my question is - I pushed the GPU cores on the CPU from default MHz to MHz and the system is working flawlessly I get no crashes while gaming If I push it to MHz games will start crashing and the system becomes slightly unstable Now is this the max I can push the GPU frequency If I underclocked the CPU cores is there a possibility I could crank up the GPU cores furhter Also I just adjusted the frequency I did not do anything with the voltage and I am not sure if I should but could it be a voltage issue Any input is highly appreciated but the MHz overclock makes a huge impact on gaming performance it would be awesome if I could push it even further until I get a dedicated GPU nbsp

A:AMD A10-6800K - Underclock CPU Cores to Overclock GPU Cores

Are you using the stock air cooler for cooling the APU or do you have an aftermarket cooler? If you are running the stock cooler, I would suggest NOT trying to push for the max stable overclock. What are your temps with your current overclock settings and running a demanding game?
I don't believe you can push the GPU higher by underclocking the CPU. Yes it will technically reduce some heat, but you will achieve best overall overclock by following directions below.
I suggest you overclock the integrated GPU before you overclock the CPU, since the GPU is the limiting factor here. If you go too high with the CPU clock, it can get really difficult to raise the GPU core clock. Start off with stock settings for the CPU and and keep bumping your GPU settings up until they are unstable. Once found unstable, take the settings down 1 notch and start overclocking the CPU settings. Repeat process as you did with the GPU. If you want to adjust the voltage after determining your max overclock with stock voltage, I would suggest doing so in small increments. Bump the voltage up a little at a time and repeat the same processes above with overclocking. Do NOT bump up the voltage above 1.5 volts (1.55v is the official max voltage supported by the APU before it gets damaged).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-a10-6800k-underclock-cpu-cores-to-overclock-gpu-cores.208142/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello Emulator Hyper Hyper 10 How To Install - Won't V V Install And Windows i am having trouble installing the Windows mobile emulator for Visual Studio First I got this message when I attemped to install the first time see screenshot Dropbox - install microsoft emulator st try PNG So I went to the bios menu and seen Hardware Virtulization was disabled See Screenshot Dropbox - CAM jpg I then enabled Hardware virtualization See Screenshot Dropbox - CAM jpg I then went back to install the Emulator again and then I got this message See Screenshot Dropbox - install microsoft emulator nd try PNG So I then went to the website suggested on the first error message How to enable Hyper-V for the emulator for Windows Phone to find out what went wrong and it said to a SLAT Check I download the software and I performed the check and the results were good See Screenshot Dropbox - install microsoft emulator screen PNG It then said to perform the quot Checking BIOS settings required by How To Install Emulator And Hyper V - Hyper V Won't Install Windows 10 Hyper-V for Data Execution Prevention quot Went to How To Install Emulator And Hyper V - Hyper V Won't Install Windows 10 the performance option and the message said my computer supports hardware based DEP So I should be able to use Hyper V See Screenshot Dropbox - DEP screenshot PNG Next it said to perform quot Enabling Hyper-V in Windows quot and THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM IS Hyper V is not showing up in features See Screenshot Dropbox - no Hyper V screeshot PNG So I searched on google to find solutions and came across a few websites to check more enabling options One was to see if Hyper V is in System Information It is and everyting is marked quot yes quot See Screenshot Dropbox - System Info-Hyper V screenshot PNG I Then went to a over everything again and found something on installing Hyper V and tried it and still not Showing up in Features Another article said see if Hyper V is in System Configuration and enable See Screenshot https www dropbox com s czd el wb PNG PNG dl So I unticked one quot Wallet Service quot so I could quot Enable All quot and clicked enable all restarted my computer Still Hyper V on Features Another article said Try turning on Hyper V on from services so I did that and got this error message saying quot it stated the stopped quot See Screenshot https www dropbox com s z uyyqeh t PNG dl Still can't get Hyper V Here is the version of Windows on my computer Windows Home See Screenshot https www dropbox com s lui l ih eshot PNG dl Now some sites say I have to have Windows Pro or Enterprise My response would be why would my computer have everything else in place with Hyper V and I would not be able to use it

A:How To Install Emulator And Hyper V - Hyper V Won't Install Windows 10

Simple: you have Windows 10 Home edition, it has no Hyper-V. Hyper-V is only available in Pro, Education and Enterprise editions. There's no way you can run Windows Phone emulators because the only way to run them is Hyper-V, which you don't have because of your chosen edition.

You can use Windows 10 Home edition to connect to Hyper-V virtual machines on Pro, Education and Enterprise editions, therefore even the Home edition has parts of Hyper-V to offer this so called Virtual Machine Connection to another Hyper-V server.

In screenshot, green highlight shows the parts of Hyper-V you have in Home edition. They allow you to to connect to so called Hyper-V servers (Windows 10 Pro, Education, Enterprise) and use virtual machines like for instance Windows Phone emulators installed on them over the network.

The parts required for a computer to act as Hyper-V server for virtual machines is highlighted red. That's the parts your Home edition is missing.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/56341-how-install-emulator-hyper-v-hyper-v-wont-install-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm having multiple issues with my HP Pavilion g6 laptop-(4yrs old)-----I've done a little research and want to "wipe it clean to the day I bought it"---what's the difference in the three? I've already saved my personal files externally, so I've nothing to lose on it. I realize it's a several step process--recommend any links? thanks much

A:Factory Restore V Factory Reset V System Recovery

Factory Restore is to the state it was when you first got it.
You will then need to run 4 years worth of Windows Updates bit by bit - don't be tempted to allow Windows to update them all in one go. Choose them in block of say 10, chronologically, restarting the system carefully each time.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/factory-restore-v-factory-reset-v-system-recovery.306665/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey guys,

I've got a brand new core 2 duo stock cooler from my old PC, and it seems much better than the stock cooler I got on my i5: cooper base, twice as much heat sink and pretty much the same fan. I was wondering if it would work better on the i5 than the tiny little I think I got along with it. Place your opinions, I'll test it this afternoon and post the results.

A:Solved: i5 stock cooler vs. 775 stock cooler

Eh, how embarrassing, the 775 cooler doesn't fit on the 1156 socket.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i5-stock-cooler-vs-775-stock-cooler.971160/
Relevancy 38.7%

So i got this message after i upgraded my Asus Notebook to Windows Home from What got me to check this was having my laptop Hard Shutdown when the power for Power disabled Collaborative Processor Controls after upgrade are Processor was at and the laptop had been on the charger all day plus the CPU temperature was normal I went into event viewer to see if there was any ACPI Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade error's listed and this came up The exact Error that's provided via Event Viewer Collaborative processor power controls on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware This message is provided for each of my Processor Cores Unfortunately there are no new Firmware Updates for my laptop model from Asus Last one was pushed in October Very odd seeing as i got this new in December I want to know if this is something serious or if i should just ignore it An error having to due with Kernel Level Power Controls seems serious to me System Info Asustek N JN-MH Notebook Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Core Thread Ram GB MB Video Intel Onboard MB Nvidia GeForce m OS Windows Home Upgraded from Windows So is there anything that i can do or do i just have to wait for asus to publish a new Firmware Update even though it's probably likely they won't Thanks in advance guys

A:Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

See if this finds any new drivers:

Intel? Driver Update Utility

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/collaborative-processor-power-controls-for-processor-are-disabled-after-upgrade-1025010.html
Relevancy 38.7%

So i got this message after i upgraded my Asus Notebook to Windows Home from What got me to check this was having my laptop Hard Shutdown when the power was at and the laptop had been on the charger all day plus the CPU temperature was normal The exact Error that s provided via Event Viewer Collaborative processor power controls on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware This message is provided for each of my Processor Cores Unfortunately there are no new Firmware Updates for my laptop model from Asus Last Collaborative are for Power Processor Controls disabled Processor upgrade after one was pushed in October Very odd seeing as Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade i got this new in December I want to know if this is something serious or if i should just ignore it An Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade error having to due with Kernel Level Power Controls seems serious to me System Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb NOTE my laptop has an Nvidia GeForce m Chip as well but it did not detect that for some reason Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC N JN Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled Have not had time to get antiviral software yet So is there Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade anything i can do or do i just have to wait and see if Asus pushes out an update thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/collaborative-processor-power-controls-for-processor-are-disabled-after-upgrade.1152536/
Relevancy 38.7%

I recently upgraded to a HP,Media Center editon pc, Windows XP, AMD Athlon 64 3800+2.4 GHz Processor.

When trying to install Photoshop Album 1.0, I receive this message, "This operating system is not supported by Adobe Photoshop Album. We support Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 , XP Intel Pentium III or 4 processor".

Could my problem with installation be the Athlon processor? When purchasing this computer, our salesman convinced us that the Athlon was just as good as the Pentinum Processor. Any thoughts on this? My computer is less than a week old and having serious thoughts about returning it. I have had problems with other installations. Am I to expect more problems with software and the Athlon processor. Any helpful suggestions will be appreciated. I am getting desperate for advice about the processor.

A:Athlon Processor versus Pentinum Processor in Windows XP

What the message is telling you is that Windows Media Center Edition 2005 is not one of the operating systems that Adobe Photoshop Album 1.0 supports. It has nothing to do with whether an Intel processor or an AMD processor is installed. I checked the system requirements for the newer version 2.0, and it also is not supported by Windows MCE 2005.

By the way, Adobe Photoshop Album 1.0 has a 13.5 MB patch for it and will upgrade it to version 1.0.1. You can get it from here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/athlon-processor-versus-pentinum-processor-in-windows-xp.440153/
Relevancy 38.27%

My problem is that I am trying to restore a friend's Dell Studio laptop back to its factory settings I follow Dell 1555 Studio to option Image Dell Factory settings,no factory the procedure mentioned on Dell's website however there is no Dell Factory Dell Studio 1555 to factory settings,no Dell Factory Image option Image Restore option I Dell Studio 1555 to factory settings,no Dell Factory Image option have checked the laptop's Disk Management and there is a Recovery partition in fact there are partitions A MB OEM partition with no letter assigned C Simple Basic NTFS with Status Healthy Boot Page File Crash Dump Primary Partition GB Recovery Simple Basic NTFS with Status Healthy System Active Primary Partition GB In short when the computer starts I hit F I enter the Advanced Boot Options and select Repair Your Computer I then select the language and login with the administrative account however there is no Dell Factory Image Restore option there My options are shown the image below Another issue that concerns me is that on the picture above it says Windows on D Local Disk however there is no such partition on the laptop's disk I would be thankful if anyone could give some advise on how to restore the laptop to its factory settings using the recovery partition Thank you

A:Dell Studio 1555 to factory settings,no Dell Factory Image option

On a Dell, if some other OS was installed, the Dell "PC Restore" (Recovery Partition) is no longer valid (corrupted) and the only way to reinstall is with a Windows OS installation disc and then download whatever device drivers you need from the Dell downloads.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/317093-dell-studio-1555-factory-settings-no-dell-factory-image-option.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I need to order a new desktop for my office to replace a 3 year old machine that runs at 3.2 Ghz. The new machines that Dell offers only has this option:

Intel® Core™2 Extreme QX6700 (8MB L2 Cache,2.66GHz,1066 FSB)

I don't think there is a standard measuring stick that is used to compare all the processor speeds that I can find or understand. I work with CAD programs that use up a lot of resources and I typically get the fastest available and max the RAM. With all the latest software that I have to install, I need the new machines to run faster than the ones they replace.

Can anyone tell me how this 2.66GHz processor compares to my current machine? I don't have the exact specs for it, this is what it lists on the dell support site for my system - PROCESSOR, 80532K, 3.2GHZ, 1M, 533, M0.

Relevancy 37.84%

Can any body tell me the main diff between the core 2 duo processor and core 2 duo processor with centrino.

Thanks
_______

A:Diff between centrino processor and core 2 duo processor

In a word nothing, the centrino branding does not refer to any specific additions to the processor, it is simply a label that is attached to laptops which use intel branded processor, integrated graphics and wireless chips.

Centrino is more of a marketing tool that Intel use to boost sales of their graphics and wireless chips, so you can pretty much ignore it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diff-between-centrino-processor-and-core-2-duo-processor.770100/
Relevancy 37.84%

Quad processors are darn expensive You can have a hand in helping me build my new laptop Speed is a priority when I use my computer for PLEASURE I can deal with an occasional slowdown When I use my computer for a WORK or a SCHOOL project and I experience a slowdown I feel like breaking bodies or punching a hole in the wall I m buying a new laptop I ll be using it primarily for work and school I d say quad a buy I Decision processor? or time: should a processor duo of the time that I use the laptop it will be used for serious - business stuff primarily work and school That s why when I customize my new laptop I m going Decision time: should I buy a quad processor or a duo processor? to customize it with gigs of RAM and a quad core processor to have as much speed as possible and as high a flow rate as possible Is that a good build strategy My work school laptop will gt be used for heavy Internet duty gt be used heavily for programs like Dreamweaver Photoshop and Flash gt i will not be using it for computer games but note if i have to sell the laptop on Craigslist in a year or two I d like this laptop to appeal to gamers so I can sell it quicker faster gt i don t have a lot of disposable income The quad processor costs a few hundred dollars more Since I ll be using my Decision time: should I buy a quad processor or a duo processor? computer for work and school and since I might be making more money a year from now If I have to and with your advice I ll pay the extra cost nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

So on my -week old Dell XPS Gold edition I went to start it up today and Windows would not boot - a file quot winload efi quot is missing Startup repair wouldn t fix All PC diagnostics done from the BIOS say that everything passed When I first purchased the PC I immediately made a USB recovery media using the built-in using the instructions here I am pressing F on startup and selecting the USB drive as the boot device I select the quot US quot keyboard layout then I try to quot Recover from a Drive quot I immediately get a message stating quot Unable to recover quot So I try to do a quot Factory Image Restore quot A Dell window pops up briefly stating quot Updating Files quot then gives me the error quot No Factory Image Found quot sigh Is there anything else I can do apart from paying DELL for recovery media I REALLY don t want to do that seeing as the do factory factory drive Trying image restore - from to found" "no USB PC is only weeks old has already had WiFI amp Bluetooth issues and cost over Trying to do factory restore from USB drive - "no factory image found" a THOUSAND dollars

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19787840
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello everyone,

I want to build a new system, and I was wondering just what the differences between a sever processor and a desktop processor are.

Would I see gaming performance decrease by using a Quad Server Core or a Quad Desktop Core?

I wanted to build a dual socket server core and have 8 physical cores.

Thoughts?

A:Server Processor Vs. Desktop Processor

I dont think any games are designed to take advantage of a dual socket setup. Windows Server OS's are designed to take advantage of dual socket setups. Some newer games are coming out which take advantage of single socket dual or quad core setups on desktops. A server based PC would not gain any performance for games IMO. You are better off investing the extra $ in a good video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-processor-vs-desktop-processor.137017/
Relevancy 35.69%
Q: Hyper-V

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I am trying to get Hyper-V to Provide the Capabilities that XPMode did in Windows 7. I cant find the
option to turn it on in the windows features. Please help, what should be do to get the Hyper-V.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/06e4a608-e4b4-4fe7-b9df-6f70e807dbe9/hyperv?forum=w7itprovirt
Relevancy 35.69%
Q: Hyper V

Yesterday I decided to see if Hyper V worked on my windows pro build Having never used it before i looked on the internet for it and eventually found out that it is included in windows and that I didnt need to download it Well I think I dont need to download it Anyway I found out I needed to go to the Windows Features section in the add remove programs to enable it I opened the Windows Features found the feature I wanted to enable screenshot attached I enable Hyper V Management Tools The progress indicator green progress bar said it was applying my changes then I thought that this is strange because it didnt ask me to restart - I remember from other times Ive used it I have always had to restart Ive never used it in windows but in other operating systems I V Hyper also thought that the option for Hyper V platform is probably the one that I needed so I enabled that one it would not let me click in the box next to hyper v platform I had to first open the option with the sign but I could only choose Hyper V Services and not Hyper V Hypervisor because it was greyed out I though that strange because it seemed like the Hyper V virtual machine was what I needed After I clicked the green bar returned and then I was asked to restart my pc I let it restart and went away from my laptop for a few minutes When I came back the laptop screen was black and there was a mouse pointer on it I waited a while and then when nothing happened for about minutes I pressed CTRL ALT DEL hoping that it would work all of a sudden the screen came alive no text in the centre with the spinning balls This lasted a few minutes and then the screen went black again I waited about minutes and then pressed CTRL ALT DEL again again the spinning dots and then blackness I pulled my laptop battery out and started the laptop with the power button It r took a few minutes saying something about enabling features during this time I decided that I was going to turn off the Hyper V options I had chosen When I had logged in I went to the windows features and unenabled Hyper V and then restarted The Hyper V computer started normally after enabling disabling I Hyper V assume features Tonight I switched on my laptop and got a BSOD caused by DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION - I looked it up on the internet and it seems that it is to do with fast start up the article I found said to disable fast start up but I left it enabled because I dont remember an issue with DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION ever happening before On a side note - Im on the slow ring for insider builds currently on when is a new build going to happen for us slow ring users Nick

A:Hyper V

My HP desktop doesn't seem to support hyper-v in UEFI even though I have VTx enabled in the BIOS

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/24662-hyper-v.html
Relevancy 35.69%
Q: Hyper v

If I want to make a v.m. in Win 8.1 should i have hyper v checked in Windows features under programs?

A:Hyper v

Yes, under turn features on or off there is a check box. Will require reboot. I personally prefer VMware Player for the average user.

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/47047-hyper-v.html
Relevancy 35.69%
Q: Hyper-V

I can't run this computer in Hyper-V because the Hyper-V platform is grayed out? This is a snip from the computer and it says I can run in VT-x so why is that?

A:Hyper-V

Originally Posted by lostsoul62

I can't run this computer in Hyper-V because the Hyper-V platform is grayed out? This is a snip from the computer and it says I can run in VT-x so why is that?

The reason is simple: Hyper-V 3.0 requires SLAT - a feature, that only the newest processors supports (AMD from K10 onward, Intel iCore i5/i7). I've addressed it a few months ago in [1] (unfortunately in German). It's a penality user has to pay due of a design decision Microsoft made in the past.

Use Virtualbox, they implemented their virtualization engine in a different way, so VT-x is sufficient.

1: Windows 8: Hyper-V braucht SLAT f?hige CPUs ? Borns IT- und Windows-Blog

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/4641-hyper-v.html
Relevancy 35.69%
Q: hyper V

Hello Win 10x64
Should hyper be enabled in Windows features when you are to build a Virtual machine?
TY
Peter

A:hyper V

Originally Posted by maranna

Hello Win 10x64
Should hyper be enabled in Windows features when you are to build a Virtual machine?
TY
Peter

If you wish to create a virtual machine in the Hyper V platform, Yes.

Our resident "Virtual Guru", @Kari, could elaborate much more on the subject; check Hyper V in the Tutorial section.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/52256-hyper-v.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a laptop running windows 7 with a myriad of programs and data on it.  I want to buy a new machine (8.1) and have been told that I can put everything from my old laptop onto it and continue to run the old programs this way.  Does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks in anticipation and a Happy New Year to one and all.

A:Will Hyper V help?

Hello -
Hyper V from Microsoft pages and a detailed blog of Windows 8 and 8.1 Step-By-Step: Enabling Hyper-V for use on Windows 8.1

Hope they are of more use than me trying to explain it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561600/will-hyper-v-help/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hyper-V has been enabled in Windows Features but when the management console appears it offers no list of choices in the righthand menu - just "connect." The lefthand menu is similarly bare.

Perhaps someone has a clue on what's missing, and a step-by-step tutorial on how to recreate the XP-mode experience of Win 7 via Hyper-V in W8.

Intel 2600K
64-bit
8G ram
W8 Pro

Thanks

A:Hyper-V for XP

you have to go in the bios and activate Intel VT

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/10775-hyper-v-xp.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi!

I wanted to use Hyper-V virual machine. In selection of Windows features I wanted to check all option of Hyper-V, but one was problem Hyper-V Hypervisor.
I know how it looks, but I mean my CPU has features for Hyper-V:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Conroe
instruction sets: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T, VT-X (here's VTx for Hyper-V)
Only VTd I don't know if has and feature SLAT (Second Level Address Translation)

Can anybody explain me this problem?

Thank you for all!

Miro

A:Hyper-V and VTx

Sorry I don't quite understand the problem? Are you able to enable the Hyper-V service?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/126869-hyper-v-vtx.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey lately i have currently New CPU Cooler been looking for a new cpu cooler considering New CPU Cooler that i still have the default stock cooler that came with the cpu and or case Which isn t really doing its job too well not cooling and extremely loud doesn t help that New CPU Cooler the computer is in the hottest room thats like a oven through out the day I would like to aim for something between - excluding postage costs preferably something cheaper thats half decent I was wondering if you could recommend a good cpu cooler for me I ll list all the main pieces of hardware in my case so you can have more information in as what i would be able to use what i have Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA XT-UD P PSU W HX Corsair Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD x CPU AMD Phenom II x Fans mm bottom fan x mm top exhaust x rear exhaust Case CM Thats the main components of my computer and also i live in Australia so i dont know if all the products that might be good for me will be available PS To save you having to read about it the motherboard is AM socket well thanks for help in advance nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

For the most part my CPU run pretty cool but with a couple of apps Hulu Desktop is the only one that comes to mind at the moment it revs the CPU to nearly when in full screen If I just have a small window showing it drops drastically but when at the high end the CPU temperature gets closer to the limit than I'm comfortable with This has me thinking about an aftermarket cooler but I've never used anything except the AMD OEM cooler I don't want to spend a lot but haven't set a budget for it yet Also I noticed a used set of components on eBay a while back that included a Cooler Master cooler than used an internal water system along with a fan that Cooler CPU looked a little like an overgrown OEM cooler except that it was designed so that the airflow went from front to back rather than vertically It seemed that this would work well with the overall airflow patterns of CPU Cooler the case The bottomline is how much would I have to spend for a cooler that would make a significant difference in temperature I really don't like the idea of water cooling except as I described CPU Cooler above Along with a price some specific recommendations would help

A:CPU Cooler

Two inexpensive ones I have tried are the CoolerMaster TX-3 and Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7

I'm not sure if they're compatible with your setup, but they will both do a good job if you use some good thermal paste and apply it right.

Do a search on your favorite retailer's site and see if they are compatible with your system and good luck. It a good inexpensive upgrade.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/60390-cpu-cooler.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I am not overclocking my i7 but was wondering if anyone knows the best cooler that will fit with a gigabyte EX58UD4P with an i7 and in a Antec 900 case. I have two 3870X2's crossfired and the extra fan on the case side. I am running Rivatuner as the fan control on the ATI cat does not work for the 3870's. It never gets hot but I thought I might want to push it some and see what I can do. Yes, It has the stock Fan for the i7. LOL

here are some universal coolers

Micro Center - Extreme Spirit II Universal Northbridge Chipset Copper Heatpipe Cooler

Micro Center - G Power Lite Universal Heat Sink

Micro Center - 92mm 3-Heat Pipe Universal CPU Cooler

Micro Center - CNPS7500-AlCu LED Universal CPU Cooler - i use this one overclocked and my temps never go above 38c

there are two stores in cali or you can order online.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/235927-cpu-cooler.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I want to get a new cooler for my Radeon 9800 series and I just wanna be 100% sure that the cooler I found will be compatable with my card, if you see what I mean. So the link to the cooler is below, could someone tell me if it's gonna work? I wouldn't wanna be wasting money lol...Thanks

http://www.casetech.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/29_170/products_id/1002

Oh and if you know, is that cooler any good? If u can reccomend a better one that I can get in England then sure ill get that instead.....

A:Is this the right VGA Cooler for me?

That cooler should work, however it is going to be somewhat loud. Has the stock cooler failed?

Unless you are trying to overclock your card, I always recommend using the stock cooler with an ati card.

If you do not mind the noise, the cooler you selected will work fine. Make sure you clean off the old thermal paste before you apply your new paste and cooler.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-this-the-right-vga-cooler-for-me.285688/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a question about CPU cooling, I have an AMD 1.1 Thunderbird and I want to use the Thermaltake Mini Super ORB model # DUO 462-8 with a copper shim, but its says not to use the shim unless you are installing a Dragon Series ORB, can anyone tell me the differance between the two coolers, and why I cant use the shim on the Thunderbird chip.

BTW I looked at their site and I couldn't find anything telling me the differance between the 2 cooloers

Relevancy 35.69%

Need a cooler that's going to fit easily on the motherboard, and work well, enough to overclock and obviously not too loud. Is posting the case necessary?

A:Need cooler for CPU

Without knowing the type of CPU its impossible to know what heatsink / cooler would work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-cooler-for-cpu.104432/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi i need to get a new cpu cooler a.s.a.p ,but im not sure which one to gett.

I see there are ones where the fan points down rather than at the side of the pc case.
My case needs the cooler that points to the side as there are holes case.

But i cannot find any decent ones only down pointing ones .

My cpu is lga 775 and i use a matrix mobo ..gigabyte specs below !!

Could i use the cooolers with the fan point down or up ?

A:Cpu cooler set help

My best experience was with a ocz cooler that actually blew air out the back. This continued the flow from front to back and helped airflow in general as well as keeping the cpu cool up to a 15-20% overclock.

What I had was similar to this
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CAFA70 120mm Dual-Fan CPU Cooler

Up or down airflow will actually just interrupt the over all flow through the case, at least that's my personal experience.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/145455-cpu-cooler-set-help.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Im running and intel i5 750 on a gigabye P55A UD3R motherboard with 4 GIG DDR3
and a gtx 275 GPU.

Ive been looking at thermeltakes coolers but cant make up my mind?

any suggestions?

thanks

A:what cpu cooler should i get?

You should get the cooler master hper 212+ best cooler for the money
Hyper 212 Plus - Cooler Master

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/147585-what-cpu-cooler-should-i-get.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Ive been watching it from its preview state... it was just released. Tell me what ya think about it.

Heres the old cooler...

And here is the new...

-Dennis

A:What do you think of my new cooler?

Its not a power consumer at all... Its just got the one fan attached to the top. And no its not loud either. Its quieter than the zalman that was on there before.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-you-think-of-my-new-cooler.84300/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi all!

I am going to buy a new computer, and I basically have everything now. Except for my CPU cooler. I will be using it on a AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, on a Asus Crosshair IV Formula motherboard. I am not planning to be pushing extreme limits, around 4GHz I guess. My budget is about $60-$70 or 40-50 euros.

I heard that the Prolimatech Megahelm was really good with a Push-Pull confguration. So that would mean that I should get 2 seperate fans. Does anyone know some good ones? I'd prefer them to be under 10 dollars or 7 euros. I just found these two: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...rue&Keywords=(keywords)&Page=2#scrollFullInfo and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200028. Both have really good reviews, but one has a sleeve bearing type and one a 2 ball bearing type. Is there a big difference? Are these good fans?

A:Need help on CPU cooler

If those are the options,go with the ball bearings. Stay away from the sleeve bearings, especially on the HS cooling your CPU. They have a decidedly shorter life span, and in some cases can 'go out' rather quickly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-on-cpu-cooler.172664/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi Guys,

My processor fan is making some strange sounds when I initially boot the machine. Do you think it is about to die?

If so how do I go about finding a replacement that will definatly fit correctly. The sticker on the fan reads "A65061-001 Intel Sanyo Denki" but i cannot find this anywhere?

Thanks

A:CPU Cooler?

Your cpu is probably a 478 pin type, you will have to verify this when you buy a cpu fan. Your socket or where the cpu is plugged into on your motherboard is what the fan mounts to, to look for a fan you just look under Socket 478 cpu heat sink fan at your favorite computer parts site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-cooler.304990/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey lately i have currently been looking for a new cpu cooler considering that i still have the default stock cooler that came with the cpu and or case Which isn't really doing its job too well not cooling and extremely loud doesn't help that the computer is in the hottest room thats like a oven through out the day I would like to aim for something between - excluding postage costs preferably something cheaper thats half decent I was wondering if you could recommend a good cpu cooler for me I'll list all Cooler CPU New the main pieces of hardware in my case so you New CPU Cooler can have more information in as what i would be New CPU Cooler able to use what i New CPU Cooler have Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA XT-UD P PSU W HX Corsair Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD x CPU AMD Phenom II x Fans mm bottom fan x mm top exhaust x rear exhaust Case CM Thats the main components of my computer and also i live in Australia so i dont know if all the products that might be good for me will be available PS To save you having to read about it the motherboard is AM socket well thanks for help in advance

A:New CPU Cooler

You could look at the Cooler Master hyper 212
Arctic freezer 7
or the cooler master Hyper TX3
Those are in your price range and are fairly good if you don't OC much. Just to get you started. You may find better prices other places.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/138294-new-cpu-cooler.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey all,

I have a Noctura CPU cooler installed at the moment. I 'd like to use this cooler again on another CPU, so I have to take it off and remount on new.

Question is what do I do with the old cement from the original installation? Do I need to remove it and how would you do that before remounting on new CPU?

Thanks

A:Old cooler on new CPU

i would definitely remove the old stuff - i've used a cotton bud dipped in alcohol successfully in the past.

let it dry well, or give it a good rub with something sensible.

apply a thin layer of fresh thermal paste, et voil?...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/132276-old-cooler-new-cpu.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Im going to be upgrading from my basic Saphire stock cooling which consists of a fan with some copper around it and a small copper film on top. My card runs at an average of 69C and this just wont do any longer. I was wondering what will give me the best results? I need the site to allow paypal echecks as I dont have credit cards and refuse to wait for money orders to arrive. Thanks to anyone who can help me

Relevancy 35.69%
Q: Cooler

Has anybody used this cooler (Coolermaster N520)?
Hyper N520 - Cooler Master

A:Cooler

Here's a link to the reviews on newegg, a surprising amount of which are good I might add: Customer Reviews Of COOLER MASTER Intel Core i7 compatible Hyper N 520 RR-920-N520-GP 92mm Sleeve CPU Cooler

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/104051-cooler.html
Relevancy 35.69%

ok i was thinking about getting a new cpu cooler cause the on my cpu atm is loud and annoying atm i just have the standard fan and heatsink that came with my cpu amd athlon i was looking around and i found some that are cheap cause i dont really want to be spending that much maybe - australian i dunno if its even gonna be worth changing if im only going to be new cooler cpu payin that much so here are my links if some could tell me the best out of these and any other info advice would be good thanks http www coolpc new cpu cooler com au new cpu cooler catalog product info php products id http www megapc com au product details and order php select part indx http www nintek com au x scripts prodView asp idproduct http www nintek com au x scripts prodView asp idproduct http www nintek com au x scripts prodView asp idproduct http www coolpc com au catalog product info php products id http www scorptec com au product thanks again nbsp

A:new cpu cooler

Any one but the third one as its for a lga775 socket!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-cpu-cooler.65050/
Relevancy 35.69%

I plan on getting a new computer soon, and will buy the AMD 2500+ Processor. What I was wondering, is if i plan on overclocking it to 3200+, will the stock cooling be good enough, or should I get a different one. My case is going to have 6 case fans, and it's huge, so it will be well ventilated. I was thinking about this one, http://www.xpcgear.com/ttsilenta1889.html. Is that even better, and is it even necessary. Or if you have any other suggestions, please let me know. And water cooling isn't really an option, it's too spendy for me, plus I doubt it's necessary.

You will definitely need a new fan if you are planning on going up to a 3200+, and the fan you linked to seems very good to me, and it suprisingly shouldn't be particularly noisy either at only 21dB.

Remeber to get some good quality thermal paste, such as artic silver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-cooler.9006/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have an old Sunbeam Core Contact 92mm CPU cooler that fits these sockets; Socket 754 / 939 / 940 / AM2 / AM2+ / LGA 775 I have a friend that has a Gigabyte mobo (GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0) that supports sockets AM3/AM3+ and I want to give him this CPU cooler. Will this CPU cooler work even though the specs only list's the AM2/AM2+ sockets? I don't have the mobo in front of me or I sure would attempt it....just wondering if anybody knows or has tried this?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/127967-cpu-cooler.html
Relevancy 35.69%

hi everyone whats the general opinion of ram coolers? im thinking of them if they are worthwhile i have seen this one thats on offer Corsair CMXAF1 Dominator Memory Fan Cooler

A:Ram fan cooler

Hi,

I see that you are using DDR2 RAM, this could get hotter than DDR3 RAM because of the higher voltage used. If you want to overclock your RAM it is always better to use a RAM cooler to protect the RAM and may be helping in getting a higher overclock stable. Extra cooling is always better and a RAM cooler will cool the RAM and the surrounding components. They are not that expensive but can sometimes be a bit noisy because of the small fans and high RPM. I'm using the OCZ XTC cooler and it has a high/low switch and when set on low it is almost inaudible.

MK2

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/115214-ram-fan-cooler.html
Relevancy 35.69%

hi all. i have a barebone system and it's had some minor problems with the heat. i'm not 100% confident that it's the problem with the heat, but people tell me to replace my stock cooler anyway, so i'm hunting for a nice CPU cooling system for a P4 2.8GHz Northwood core CPU. if anyone has any good suggestions, feel free to shoot! in case it matters at all, my system is a MSI Mega 865 barebone system. thanks in advance everyone

postscript: thanks for the help brite!

A:Best cooler for P4 CPU?

I love my Thermaltake 7+ Xaser. But not the cheap goop that came with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-cooler-for-p4-cpu.253091/
Relevancy 35.69%

hi
i want to replace the stock cooler on my amd quad core cpu but every one i keep looking at means me taking the mother board out to put a plate under the board

i would like one where i take mine of and put another one straight on but keep the orignal clip design on the board any ideas

thank you

A:cpu cooler

If AM2 coolers are compatible with AM2+ socket (think they are), then look at Zalman 9500 or 9700 coolers (9700 would be better for a quad core Phenom). They just use the retention clip design without having to put a backing plate on.

I used the 9500 cooler on my Athlon x2 and it kept it nice and cool, and using the 9700 on my E8200 atm, and it's running great.

I have to say, the best thing about AM2 sockets is the very easy installation of coolers on it.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/208610-cpu-cooler.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Just a quick question:
Does the Scythe Mini Ninja Heatpipe CPU cooler work with Socket AM3 processors? It only states AM2 in the description but I've heard somewhere it works with socket AM3 processors, it would be going on an AMD phenom II x2 3.2ghz black edition processor. I've got a small case so I need this coolers size, unless you can suggest any other small cpu coolers (preferably under 130mm in height) for AM3 sockets.

Many thanks, Alex

Relevancy 35.69%

Hi does anyone know of any good cpu coolers i can use for my Phenom X4 which i do not need to move my mobo and connect it etc?

A:Cpu cooler

I used this Zalman unit till I went with the H50.
Zalman CNPS9900LED CPU Cooler - Socket 1366, 775, 754, AM3, AM2, AM2+, 940, 939 at TigerDirect
The Zalman doesn't require a back plate but they provide on if you want. The fins are seriously sharp and installing this sucker is a trick but it cooled well !

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/124199-cpu-cooler.html
Relevancy 35.69%

what is the best socket 478 cpu cooler? i need help deciding which one to upgrade to.

Relevancy 35.69%

I have installed a Gigabyte GH-PDU22-SC CPU HSF unit on my computer. This is killer. In the 9 hours since I have had this installed, I have noticed my CPU temp drop by 12 degrees C. From 44C to 32C and this is before the arctic silver has had a chance to cure. I am looking forward to seeing if the 300 hour curing time makes it drop even lower. And the Fan at full speed of 2400 rpm is absolutely silent. It is a big unit so mounting in some cases and on some boards might be difficult. But I am impressed so far. This was not my first choice in coolers but I didnt have the funds for a Thermaltake Big Typhoon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-cpu-cooler.466148/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey I was looking at the Intel QX and wanted to overclock it to about GHz cause I know of someone who did on Air Cooling and I know it s possible most likely with all these fans but I want to know the best one I was wanting to know what would be the best cooler out there that would keep it cool on idle and on Need CPU on Cooler Help extreme load playing Need Help on CPU Cooler Crysis and a billion other scanners and stuff running at the same time pretty much while screaming Need Help on CPU Cooler I saw a few coolers that looked good which do you think would be best or do you know of another that s even better Thanks Everyone Also this would all be in the Cooler Master Cosmo S Case on a EVGA i Ultra FTW Edition Motherboard and the size of the CPU Cooler isn t a problem so don t base your opinion on that I just want to know what will give the best cooling ZEROtherm Nirvana NV http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Cooler Master Hyper http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Ultra ChillTec Thermal Electric Cooler Worried about Condensation cause the way it cools http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Thermaltake V http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Thermaltake DuOrb http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-on-cpu-cooler.751856/
Relevancy 35.69%

Which cpu cooler would you recommend, parameters are quality, reliability and quiet.
I have an Asus P5W DH Del with an E6400 Core 2 Duo. It has the stock Intel cooler.
I am not o/c at the moment (if I did it would be minimal).
The cpu runs cool.
However, this stock cooler is more noisy than I would like so I am considering this upgrade.
Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks

A:Which CPU cooler to use??

If you just want it to be quieter, I would enable the smart fan feature; check your mb manual for how to enable / disable this feature.

FWIW I use an asus VR cooler on a Pentium D 940 and it works very well. Quite as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-cpu-cooler-to-use.507110/
Relevancy 35.69%

My GPU is GAINWARD GeForce 9500 GT, it doesnt have a cooler, just heatsink. Temp is about 50C when idle, and 55-60C in games. So i though that it might be a good idea to see if i can add a cooler on this gpu beacuse i want to overclock it.

A:GPU Cooler

you can get a 80mm fan to put on the heatsink with zip ties, this would be the cheapest. or you could get this ZALMAN VF900 ? CU 2 Ball VGA Cooler

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-cooler.143956/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey, soon i wanted to overclock my Amd athlon ii x4 640 so i wanted to ask for some suitable cpu coolers which are quite cheap and also effective, i wanted to look at around 15 - 25 pound? is there any that you would suggest?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 35.69%

I'm looking for a completely silent CPU cooler, and I have already checked some options from thermaltake and thermalright with huge fanless heatsinks. The problem is that those seem too large to fit inside the case, and the pictures taken only show them on a motherboard outside of any case.
1) Do you know of such a fanless heatsink that can fit onto the case, and maybe even extend outside of it?
2) Can such a fanless heatsink support a quad core CPU (With case fans of course, particularly 2 120mm fans)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/0db-cpu-cooler.672408/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi,
I'm buying a new heatsink for my PC (currently i have the stock Intel heatsink and well yeah its just getting too hot). I'm hoping to go for an AIO water cooler and was going to go for the Corsair H110iGTX however my case is the Zalman Z11 Plus Mid tower case with an Asus Sabertooth Z97 motherboard and this means that there is very little room between the top of the motherboard and the case. (preferably i dont want to remove the fins on top of the case as they're half the aesthetics)

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with fitting 240/280mm rads in a Z11 Plus or if not then if anyone has any experience with a Corsair H80iGT which would be my alternative.

Regards

-Josh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-cooler.1153737/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello,

I am thinking about doing an overclock on my build

CPU/GPU AMD A83870K APU with Radeon 6550HD GPU

CPU Cooler Stock AMD Cooler

Mobo Gigabyte GA-A75M-D2H (Bios F5)

Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

PSU OCZ ModXstream Pro 700W

Anyways I am almost certain that a Stock cooler will not work for Overclocking and was looking for some good suggestions for an after market cooler. I have one in mind but was just looking for some other opinions on weather the one I am looking at is a good choice or not. I am looking at the Cooler Master Hyper TX3
Also too I understand that every situation is different but has anyone on here overclocked an APU build or even a 3870K and did you see any noticeable results.

Thanks,

Relevancy 35.69%

is the

Noctua NH-U12P CPU Cooler

or the

Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme Rev.2

for i7-920

A:CPU cooler

Both can be used with i7-920 .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-cooler.135916/
Relevancy 35.69%

hey there,

im thinking of buying a new CPU cooler, as my CPU runs quite hot on full load (around 60 degrees C) and according to AMD max. is 62.

what would be a good one, keeping in mind i'd like to try to OC in the summer. my computer is on the top floor which is always very hot in the summers, that'd be a thing to keep in mind to when choosing

i've read about the scyte mugen 2, but im not sure if my case is big enough.

and how about mounting it? how hard is it? howmuch thermal paste do i need to put on the CPU? how do i clean off the old thermal paste?

thanks in advance

DD

A:new CPU cooler

Quote: Originally Posted by dutchdarky

hey there,

im thinking of buying a new CPU cooler, as my CPU runs quite hot on full load (around 60 degrees C) and according to AMD max. is 62.

what would be a good one, keeping in mind i'd like to try to OC in the summer. my computer is on the top floor which is always very hot in the summers, that'd be a thing to keep in mind to when choosing

i've read about the scyte mugen 2, but im not sure if my case is big enough.

and how about mounting it? how hard is it? howmuch thermal paste do i need to put on the CPU? how do i clean off the old thermal paste?

thanks in advance

DD

The default inexpensive choice is the Cooler Master Hyper 212, which sells for around 30 bucks. Well above average and cheaper than most. Large, but not enormous.

You clean off old thermal paste with isopropyl alcohol and clean cotton rags or q tips.

You don't need much new thermal paste. The standard paste recommendation is Arctic Silver 5. Apply it according to the instructions for your processor at arcticsilver.com. You don't need much.

I know nothing about mounting on AMD, but mounting on Intel is a cruel joke designed by the Marquis de Sade and Alfred E. Newman (their only joint venture).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/159838-new-cpu-cooler.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Ive got myself a graphics card, but i require a cooler for it as it doesnt have one currently.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions regarding what i should get.

the card is an NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX OC 768MB.
(importantly i dont want to accidently buy one that doesnt fit the card)

thanks

Alex

A:GPU cooler

You could use something like this one.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DuOrb-CL-G011...ponents_Fans_Heatsinks_SR?hash=item2c51b47142

Or This

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUORB-CL-G010...ponents_Fans_Heatsinks_SR?hash=item2c528fb38b

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpu-cooler.898817/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi all I have my computer specs filled in for reference What I would like to do is replace the stock Intel CPU cooler that came installed with my i K I monitor my CPU temps with Core Temp running on the taskbar and lately I have been noticing that my CPU temps CPU cooler my New for PC have been running hotter than they were just a few weeks ago I clean the dust from my computer on a regular basis and at the moment I don't see any problem there when I New CPU cooler for my PC checked it It might be that I need to redo the thermal paste on the CPU cooler but thought that since I would need to remove the cooler to do that I might as well bite the bullet and get a better after market cooler I do not run games on this computer nor do I have the CPU overclocked So I guess what I would like is some recommendations on a new CPU cooler My case is the Coolermaster Haf X full tower so I have plenty of space Thanks a lot LittleJay

A:New CPU cooler for my PC

Coolermasters Hyper212 would be perfect, it's cheap, and it does what it is supposed to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271612-new-cpu-cooler-my-pc.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi! I couldn't decide on which liquid CPU cooler to get so I decided to ask TenForums.

I want a good CPU cooler that liquid cools because those are better.

My max budget for a liquid CPU cooler is $70 so if you recommend one that isn't on this list, please reply it.

If possible, LEDs please.

Here is my Build: (I know there is no CPU cooler): Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming, SPEC-ALPHA ATX Mid Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker

Here are the ones I'm thinking about:

Corsair H60 V1: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (H60 (CW-9060007-WW)) - PCPartPicker

Corsair H60 V2: Corsair H60 74.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH60) - PCPartPicker

ARCTIC Liquid Freezer 120: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer 120 74.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (ACFRE00016A) - PCPartPicker

NZXT Kraken X31: NZXT Kraken X31 69.5 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (RL-KRX31-01) - PCPartPicker

Thank you in advance.

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/61264-cpu-cooler.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey guys I'm looking to replace the heat sink / fan on my Geforce 9600 GSO. At full load it is borderline 80 degrees C. I was looking at some coolers on Newegg and some of these ones make me wonder if it will work.

This one from zalman
http://www.zalman.com/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=276
on their site says it fits a 9800gt, gtx, 9500gt and such. But nothing for a 9600 GSO listed. I wonder if the bolt patterns are the same as the 9800s and 9500s since they are very similar in design. Any GPU Gurus out there that can give a little more insight. I tried emailing Zalman but that was a complete flop as expected.

A:Will this VGA cooler fit?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-057-AK&groupid=701&catid=57&subcat=787

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-this-vga-cooler-fit.868902/