Windows Support Forum

Is there an automatic file splitter?

Q: Is there an automatic file splitter?

I need a software, compatible with Windows XP, that can automatically take files and chunk them. For my purpose, it needs to be able to, for example, take all my personal music files and split them into 25 MB sizes.
Any help is much appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Is there an automatic file splitter?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Is there an automatic file splitter?

Winrar - ex. you can choose a folder (an album for ex.) and the "add to archive" and then you get to choose in how big files you want it to split the file...I don't know how to explain it but it works, try it.

http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html?tag=mncol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-an-automatic-file-splitter.152807/
Relevancy 57.19%
Relevancy 56.76%

I'd like your advice on an avi file splitter. I've looked at download sites and explored media forums, but I only trust the advice I get here at Tech Guy. Plus the discussions on those specialized forums are way above my understanding.

I'd like a free avi splitter that will simply divide an avi into segments I can then burn to CD. I'd like to control exactly where to make the cut. I just want to play the burned CDs on my computer, that's it. So I don't think I need the "rejoin the avis" thing. I don't need bells & whistles. Anything fancy/advanced would be a drawback for this greenhorn.

Relevancy 56.76%

im evacuating the most important data on my hard drive, its sad that my sister broke my external hdds and now i have to pick and choose instead of taking everything

i need a program that can compress a number of files and then split them into sections for emailing and recombination later. ive seen this and decompressed them before but ive never split anything. i have 7zip will that work?

A:file compressor and splitter

Yes, according to this "How To": How to split a large file using 7-ZipNever used 7-Zip so I cannot confirm the accuracy of the information.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276096/file-compressor-and-splitter/
Relevancy 56.76%

What's a good program I can download to merge movie parts into one whole movie?

Relevancy 55.47%

I network a WinXP box with a Win box via a crossover cable File sharing and dial-up Internet sharing via Internet Connection Sharing worked fine Now that I Splitter for DSL/file connectivity sharing RJ45 have DSL ICS performance has been erratic if it works at all I can still update security applications on the Win box but web surfing and most importantly Microsoft s Windows update site don t connect Had to use dial-up account to update Win My Zoom ADSL X MODEM GATEWAY ROUTER has two ports USB and Ethernet that RJ45 Splitter for DSL/file sharing connectivity allows connection to both computers Currently the XP box is connected to the s USB port which leaves the s Ethernet port to be connected to the Win s NIC which of coarse is already being used to connect to the WinXP box RJ45 Splitter for DSL/file sharing connectivity s NIC via a crossover cable Still with me Anyway I thought that I could simply use a RJ Splitter lt http www RJ45 Splitter for DSL/file sharing connectivity startech com ststore itemdetail cfm ProductID RJ SPLITTER amp mt gt like the gadgets one uses to split a phone line to split the Win s Ethernet NIC to solve the Internet access problem male connector gt Win NIC female connectors crossover cable gt WinXP s NIC and patch cable gt Zoom s Ethernet port However advice so far has been that that won t work because splitting network connectivity is vastly different from splitting a phone line and something about IP address assignments Is this advice that splitting the Win s NIC won t work correct Instead they ve suggested buying a second NIC for the Win box or buying a dedicated Splitter box if the Zoom ADSL X is an actual router or buying a dedicated Router if the Zoom ADSL X is not an actual router The issue here is that the Win box is old and I don t want to spend more on it than I have to Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I want to automatically backup a data file when I shut down its application or, as an alternative, when I shut down Windows 98. Is there a utility or a technique that will do this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-file-backup.37124/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am making some changes to the way file management is done and wanting to automate as much of it as I can. Does anyone have suggestions for software that will monitor a folder, or run on a schedule that will examine the files and move them to a different folder based on rules? Windows apps preferred but Linux will work too.

https://hardforum.com/threads/automatic-file-sorting.1915692/
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm helping a friend fix his comp His some what brother in-law is downloading hacks and cheats for Diablo Now I have a file that every time I end task the file it remanes itself in C Windows system At this point the file is C windows system rvxqdi exe but it changes too much There's another file i keep deleting and just as quick Automatic renaming file it comes back Nail exe I have run HiJackThis and it does nothing Don't have norton here Where do I turn now Anyhow here's a HJT log any help is appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Automatic file renaming SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC Automatic file renaming EXE C Automatic file renaming Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus Platinum APVXDWIN EXE c windows system rvxqdi exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus Platinum Firewall PavFires exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus Platinum pavsrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus Platinum AVENGINE EXE C Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus Platinum pavProxy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Documents and Settings Rob My Documents Security HiJackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http sympatico msn ca F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS Nail exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO BolgerObj Class - A - - a - D - A B - C WINDOWS Bolger dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe O - HKLM Run EM EXEC C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE O - HKLM Run APVXDWIN quot C Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus Platinum APVXDWIN EXE quot s O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run lzcemau c windows system rvxqdi exe O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip BD DA -D D- E - E- NameServer

A:Automatic file renaming

I had a blip on my error radar (how lame, an error radar...) when I read that file name. Some time ago I had that same problem. Apparently there is another file that works in tandem with it that will detect the alterations of that first file and repare/replace it as necessary. A Google search with that file name ought to lead you towards the solution.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-file-renaming-50314.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Okay, so this isn't super important but it would be nice. I have two computers and I would like to file share the computers over the network (wireless) automatically. I have tried to do my own research and have had no luck. If any one could help me, it would be very appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Automatic File Share between two computers

I'm not too sure exactly what you are trying to achieve, but this tutorial may be of help to you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rmissions.html

My apologies if it's not what you're after.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/227735-automatic-file-share-between-two-computers.html
Relevancy 43.86%

hi i have a couple of business ventures spread over a large geographical area I need to continuously get updated data from these locations to my email ID ftp server I was wondering if there is a program that can automatically be setup to send a range of similar or different designated files from a .exe installation of automatic using single file? ftp specific folder my specific feature request is that the ftp client server automatic installation of ftp using single .exe file? should be able to install itself on the PC with a single exe file that can be configured from a master program at one place this would save me time from having to send my technicians programmers to each of the PCs and configuring each PC's ftp client individually I could just tell my employees to keep all automatic installation of ftp using single .exe file? the automatic installation of ftp using single .exe file? required files in a single folder and auto-upload them to my email ID or ftp sever incase there is no such program can this feature be added or could you guys please guide me if there is any program available in the market with this feature thanx regards tinku gawab com

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/automatic-installation-of-ftp-using-single-exe-file-13548.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a VuPoint FS-C1-VP film and slide scanner and want to know if there is an automatic file naming software rather than needing to do it manually for every file being created
renaming software I dont need
when you scan a slide in after your satisfied with the result would just use a sequental naming system either automatic or one you supply yourself
ex
001.jpg the firdt created file 002 .jpg the second and so on
or set up your own seq as in this example
1958-01 1958-02 etc
or if you want to add a name to a file can do it manually or from a prepared text file
as in this example
1958-01 input name.jpg etc

A:automatic file naming software

try windows scanner and camera wizard (if on a pc)
run wiaacmgr.exe
hope this helps
C.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-file-naming-software.889177/
Relevancy 43.86%

I'm trying to find a way to automatically download/update files. For example, downloading adwcleaner once a week and replacing my current copy. I'd like to do this with several files. I've searched the forums here, done several google searches, and tried a few programs to no avail. Does anyone know how I could set this up?

Thanks

A:Automatic file downloader updater

Secunia PSI is popular to checking outdated third party applications installed on your PC. However, Adwcleaner is created to be downloaded and run manually while it detects older versions when the program is open as it prompts you to download the latest release software AFAIK.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522438/automatic-file-downloader-updater/
Relevancy 43.86%

I installed Crashplan and restored my old laptop to my desktop. From there, I moved the files to their respective folders and deleted the desktop file. A few minutes later, the file reappeared on the desktop, but with only a partial set of directories (Desktop:C\Users\UserName\Favorites).

I removed Crashplan and delete the AppData directory for it's configuration. Confirmed that the service is no longer in windows and rebooted. On restart, the file on the directory reappears. I deleted it and a few minutes later it reappears.

How can I find out what process is creating this file?

A:Automatic File Creation - What Process?

I found the issue. During the recovery I copied and pasted the files in place. I had noticed on "User\Favorites" the shortcut/properites had been rewritten to the desktop copy somehow. I changed this in the properties and ignored it.

Today I went through the registry and found that all the folders under C:\Users\MyUserName were registered to the copy that had been on the Desktop...not sure how that happens (desktop.ini files?).

Anyhow, I ran a registry cleaner to get rid of what I could then went in and modified the properties in regedit for all the bogus ones from "Desktop\C\Users\Myuser" back to "C:\Users\Myuser". The problem seems to be solved. at this point...no new files created.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61296-automatic-file-creation-what-process.html
Relevancy 43.86%

In Internet Explorer, when you click on a link, if it a zip or exe, it will ask if you want to save. There is an option asking to not show this dialog box for this file type again. How exactly do you undo that??

Relevancy 43.86%

I actually have two things I want to get rid of.

1) This is the most important one. I am running windows 2000 SP4, I am trying to stop the automatic file sharing of the C:\ and D:\ drive. I right click the drive, then click, do not share. Everythings fine, until I restart. After restart, they are shared again. Normally these shares are not visable to windows machines (unless you manually enter the share name). I noticed this when I was using a PCLinuxOS live cd. From there I noticed these shares. The share names are "C$" and "D$", and the description for both of them is "Default Share".
2) By default, to access shares and printers, you need a user name and password. I want to get rid of this.
Thanks in advance,

-Steven1350

Relevancy 43.86%

I currently have my system backing up files once a week to my 1TB external drive. However, I noticed by looking at the size of the used space that it seems to grow exponentially every time file back up is ran. Now, I thought that the computer was supposed to scan for changes and replace changed files in the current backup rather than create an entirely new backup every time which looks like what it is doing.

Am I going to have to go through the annoying process of deleting the old back up everytime automatic backup is ran or what?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/146848-question-automatic-file-backup.html
Relevancy 43.43%

hi all... thanks for view this thread...
i really need anyone here to solve my problem..
the problem is when i double click any file to open it, it always change to delete the file and something like this come out.."are you sure you want to move this file to Recycle Bin?" and it come out multiple time...
i am using hp mini and i already format it, but the same problem still happen.
hope anyone here can give suggestion on how to fix it...
( sorry my English language not to good.)

A:automatic delete file when double-click

Hi,
I am also facing the same problem. In first 2minute of startup, if I click on any thing it pop up a message saying are you sure want to delete the file or move the file to recyle bin.

After 4-5minute it works fine.

Please help me in this regards,

Thanks
Vivek

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/174861-automatic-delete-file-when-double-click.html
Relevancy 43.43%

So I have HomeGroup working on my home PC and my laptop. I want to make it so that any files I place or any changes I make in the "Videos" and "Music" folder will automatically be shared with my laptop and placed in it's "Video/Music" folder (I mean the folders that are easy-accessed in the sidebar of Windows Explorer under "Libraries"). Is this possible? If so, how do I accomplish it?

A:How do I do automatic file transfers on two computers in HomeGroup?

Windows sync toy works well for that.

Download: SyncToy 2.1 - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/230130-how-do-i-do-automatic-file-transfers-two-computers-homegroup.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi TSF!

Okay, here's the deal.

I have a PC that has a partitioned HDD (C: and E:). C: has a tiny amount of space whereas E: has plenty. The annoying thing is, all the files automatically get saved to C: causing me to constantly run out of space and get critical errors.

Is it possible for files to automatically save to E: as opposed to C: ? I want C: to have nothing but the system files for the OS and E: to have all the user files re-directed straight into it.

Please tell me how I could go about this. I am running Windows XP Home Edition.

Thankyou in advance!

~ TomHax

A:Automatic file-saving to desired partition

Hi Tom,

Most programs save to your My Documents folder by default.
Check out this page from MS to move your My Documents folder to the E: drive.

You will still have the option of saving to any location on your system, but the default will now be the E: drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-file-saving-to-desired-partition-462087.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi my MSN Messenger Transfers File Msn Automatic Messenger Spyware seems to be automatically sending random pictures to people I think it's a virus and my anti-virus anti-spyware scanners did not catch it also it will Msn Messenger Spyware Automatic File Transfers talk to your cantacts then send it ex Hey is this a pic of you Here is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Msn Messenger Spyware Automatic File Transfers NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC WINDOWS system STacSV exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS sttray exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files LiveProtect LiveProtect exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exeC WINDOWS system ICROSO services exeC Program Files Steam Steam exeC WINDOWS system wkssvc exeC Documents and Settings Bryan My Documents ystem w nspool exeC Program Files Electronic Arts EADM Core exeC Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files Xfire xfire exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC DOCUME Bryan LOCALS Temp e C DOCUME Bryan LOCALS Temp e C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeC DOCUME Bryan LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllF - REG win ini load C WINDOWS system xucsffjvvc csrss exeF - REG win ini run C WINDOWS system xucsffjvvc csrss exeO - Hosts f-secure comO - Hosts www f-secure comO - Hosts ftp f-secure comO - Hosts ftp sophos comO - Hosts liveupdate symantec comO - Hosts customer symantec comO - Hosts dispatch mcafee comO - Hosts download mcafee comO - Hosts rads mcafee comO - Hosts mast mcafee comO - Hosts my-etrust comO - Hosts www my-etrust comO - Hosts nai comO - Hosts www nai comO - Hosts networkassociates comO - Hosts secure nai comO - Hosts securityresponse symantec comO - Hosts service symantec comO - Hosts sophos comO - Hosts www sophos comO - Hosts support microsoft comO - Hosts symantec comO - Hosts www symantec comO - Hosts update symantec comO - Hosts updates symantec comO - Hosts us mcafee comO - Hosts vil nai comO - Hosts viruslist comO - Hosts www viruslist comO - Hosts grisoft comO - Hosts www grisoft comO - Hosts free grisoft comO - Hosts trendmicro comO - Hosts housecall trendmicro comO - Hosts www trendmicro comO - Hosts pandasoftware comO - Hosts www pand... Read more

A:Msn Messenger Spyware Automatic File Transfers

Please download to the Desktop: MsnVirRem.exeClose any other programs running as the tool requires a reboot to complete the removal process. Double click MsnVirRem.exe to run the tool Click the button labeled Search and Destroy to scan for infected files. When the scanning is complete you are prompted to reboot/restart the machine ONLY if infected. Click "OK" if this is the case and then click the "REBOOT" Button. After the reboot, you receive "file not found" error messages (usually 4). Please acknowledge these error messages and continue. A Message should then popup from MsnVirRem. If not, double click the program again for it to finish.The tool creates a log file of it's removal process located at C:\msnvirrem.log~~~~Now, download ComboFixSave it to the DesktopDouble-click combofix.exe to run the programFollow the prompts.(Don't click on the window while the program is running, it may cause your system to stall.)When finished, a log, ComboFix.txt, is produced.~~~~Run HijackThis once again to obtain a new log.~~~~Please post the C:\msnvirrem.log, the ComboFix.txt, and a new HijackThis log in your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109284/msn-messenger-spyware-automatic-file-transfers/
Relevancy 43%

I read is a newspaper recently that Win10 may download in the background. On Win7 where would it place the installation file and what would it be called? I need the disk space, but equally important I don't want Win10..!
Thanks for an help btw.

A:Win10 automatic background download file location?

Arnold Rimmer said:

I read is a newspaper recently that Win10 may download in the background. On Win7 where would it place the installation file and what would it be called? I need the disk space, but equally important I don't want Win10..!
Thanks for an help btw.Click to expand...

http://news.softpedia.com/news/how-...dium=spd_hotlatest&utm_campaign=spd_hotlatest

If it works please do post.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/win10-automatic-background-download-file-location.4069389/
Relevancy 43%

i have pc with adsl and 3 printer
newly i have bought a laptop
i wanna openly share every thing in my pc like internet, hard drives, printer with my laptop.
i can do it in network and sharing center but i have to do it several times in a day like my first time to make every thing sharing and get connect
i need software to get connect automatically through my wireless network sharing and share every thing with my laptop

A:automatic connect to wireless file and intenet sharing

You need a wireless router or maybe just a wireless access point.
Please don't bother with internet connection sharing. It doesn't work very well and you will always have problems with it. As you are finding out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/155788-automatic-connect-wireless-file-intenet-sharing.html
Relevancy 42.57%

So I have a batch file set up to create folders and subfolders These folders are created on a shared server that several employees access The idea is to run the batch to create a set of to Folders File Using Created a Permissions Automatic Giving Batch folders for each new customer This keeps all of the files for the customer in one spot rather than spreading it out in a folder for each department then the customer Hopefully everyone followed that The batch file creates my folders perfectly except no one else can Giving Automatic Permissions to Folders Created Using a Batch File access them The permissions are denied for all users besides me This is a problem because we have several employees Giving Automatic Permissions to Folders Created Using a Batch File trying to access the new customer folder I have created I want to be able to run the batch and create folders that automatically allow anyone to delete rename add to move etc All of these permissions are allowed when I manually create the folders The idea is that anyone in the company can run the batch to create a customer folder and anyone else can edit it Any ideas

A:Giving Automatic Permissions to Folders Created Using a Batch File

Hi,

I'm not familiar with the option, but using the ICACLS command will allow you to modify the permissions.

Code:
C:\Windows\system32>icacls /?

ICACLS name /save aclfile [/T] [/C] [/L] [/Q]
stores the DACLs for the files and folders that match the name
into aclfile for later use with /restore. Note that SACLs,
owner, or integrity labels are not saved.

ICACLS directory [/substitute SidOld SidNew [...]] /restore aclfile
[/C] [/L] [/Q]
applies the stored DACLs to files in directory.

ICACLS name /setowner user [/T] [/C] [/L] [/Q]
changes the owner of all matching names. This option does not
force a change of ownership; use the takeown.exe utility for
that purpose.

ICACLS name /findsid Sid [/T] [/C] [/L] [/Q]
finds all matching names that contain an ACL
explicitly mentioning Sid.

ICACLS name /verify [/T] [/C] [/L] [/Q]
finds all files whose ACL is not in canonical form or whose
lengths are inconsistent with ACE counts.

ICACLS name /reset [/T] [/C] [/L] [/Q]
replaces ACLs with default inherited ACLs for all matching files.

ICACLS name [/grant[:r] Sid:perm[...]]
[/deny Sid:perm [...]]
[/remove[:g|:d]] Sid[...]] [/T] [/C] [/L] [/Q]
[/setintegritylevel Level:policy[...]]

/grant[:r] Sid:perm grants the specified user access rights. With :r,
the permissions replace any previouly granted explicit permissions.
Without :r, the permissions are added to any previously granted
explicit permissions.

/deny Sid:perm explicitly denies the specified user access rights.
An explicit deny ACE is added for the stated permissions and
the same permissions in any explicit grant are removed.

/remove[:[g|d]] Sid removes all occurrences of Sid in the ACL. With
:g, it removes all occurrences of granted rights to that Sid. With
:d, it removes all occurrences of denied rights to that Sid.

/setintegritylevel [(CI)(OI)]Level explicitly adds an integrity
ACE to all matching files. The level is to be specified as one
of:
L[ow]
M[edium]
H[igh]
Inheritance options for the integrity ACE may precede the level
and are applied only to directories.

/inheritance:e|d|r
e - enables inheritance
d - disables inheritance and copy the ACEs
r - remove all inherited ACEs
Note:
Sids may be in either numerical or friendly name form. If a numerical
form is given, affix a * to the start of the SID.

/T indicates that this operation is performed on all matching
files/directories below the directories specified in the name.

/C indicates that this operation will continue on all file errors.
Error messages will still be displayed.

/L indicates that this operation is performed on a symbolic link
itself versus its target.

/Q indicates that icacls should supress success messages.

ICACLS preserves the canonical ordering of ACE entries:
Explicit denials
Explicit grants
Inherited denials
Inherited grants

perm is a permission mask and can be specified in one of two forms:
a sequence of simple rights:
N - no access
F - full access
M - modify access
RX - read and execute access
R - read-only access
W - write-only access
D - delete access
a comma-separated list in parentheses of specific rights:
DE - delete
RC - read control
WDAC - write DAC
WO - write owner
S - synchronize
AS - access system security
MA - maximum allowed
GR - generic read
GW - generic write
GE - generic execute
GA - generic all
RD - rea... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285182-giving-automatic-permissions-folders-created-using-batch-file.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi.
I know how to make oobe Windows Setup using answer file and automatically join to domain with specific OU.

The challenge now is how to have a single answer file but need to apply it to many PCs with different PC name and OU?
The requirements are:
1. PC name is base on Serial Number of the PC.
2. Selection list of department where each department has its own OU.
What is the best solution to achieve this?
Thank you. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b056b430-5caf-4e77-bc2f-4f209ead3a08/automatic-change-data-in-answer-file-before-sysprep-launch?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello Forum member I am working on an excel file with hundreds of records and tens of columns There is a column quot L quot which gives the date when the license key given in column quot B quot of a particular software is going to expire I need to check the column and send email to Person X email protected months in advance so that he can take poper action to get the license renewed It is too much of a manual a in on value mail Outlook Automatic column file excel based work every week I am looking for a macro that can send an email to person X stating that license key value given in coumn B is due to expiration in months from today based on value given in column L I have seem a similar thread in the forum giveb below but i need changes to it Unfortunately the thread is closed and i can not contact the person who gave the Automatic Outlook mail based on a column value in excel file solution I am not able to modify the code shared to match my requirement Automatic Outlook Automatic Outlook mail based on a column value in excel file mail due date reminder based on Excel file http forums techguy org business-applications -automatic-outlook-mail-due-date html Can anyone please modify the code given in the above thread to match my requirement Please Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Hello all-

I am looking for a small piece that will do the following:

1. Monitor folder A
2. Copy any new folders or files to Folder B
3. Run at start-up and at all times
4. Preferably real-time or at least once an hour.
5. Preferably only make the copy once, even the file is deleted from folder B.

It seemed simple, but I am having trouble funding something simple that does this. I tried sync toy, but it needs to be scheduled and it will continually copy the same file if it is already deleted from folder A.

Thank you in advanced!

A:Suggestions for free automatic folder monitor and file copy app

I use a program called Mirror Folder that will this. I use it to backup specific folders to a 2nd hard disk and a few folders to a location on a 2nd computer over the network.

It costs $39.

Microsoft also has the free SyncToy which may do what you want as well.

Oops, sorry, see you already tried that.

You could also do this with a scheduled batch file using xcopy or robocopy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/328839-suggestions-free-automatic-folder-monitor-file-copy-app.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
One of the greatest problems now is that whenever I use files and folders (moving, renaming, deleting...) there is NO automatic change in file explorer, desktop or recycle bin unless I refresh them manually. Is there a fix for this ?

A:Automatic refresh doesn't work in File Explorer, Desktop, Recycle etc.

You can try
SFC /Scannow
from an elevated command prompt.

Then there's
DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums

Failing that, you could try an in-place upgrade repair install.

But I understood from your other post you are trying to upgrade to the anniversary edition. If you can succeed with that, that may well resolve that as you will have a new copy of Windows, unless the problem is caused by a setting which is copied over.

Note that the anniversary edition resolves the bug where an item is deleted from explorer search list and the display was not refreshed.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/59102-automatic-refresh-doesnt-work-file-explorer-desktop-recycle-etc.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Everyone This is my first post here I need your help in developing a mechanism to send an automated outlook mail when the due date of a project is days away from the current date The script should preferably run automatically every time the PC is running without the excel file necessarily open In the attached excel file An email should go of to -email address Col D with subject quot Project Col B is due on Due due mail reminder based date Excel Automatic Outlook on file date Col C quot and body quot Dear Name Col A please update your project status quot Also the Automatic Outlook mail due date reminder based on Excel file script should put a check mark on Reminder sent column Col E Automatic Outlook mail due date reminder based on Excel file after the mail is sent the script should also check if the value of the cell is blank before sending email I have scoured the forum for similar problems and although I found a number of of threads I Automatic Outlook mail due date reminder based on Excel file am not proficient enough in VBA to modify them to my needs I d really appreciate any help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

so here s the problem every time i turn on the pc this command prompt that says taskkill exe always pops up ive tried hjt taskkill.exe automatic (w/ random opening tabs & new of file displaying log sites scanning the pc countless times using nod but that hasnt done the trick another taskkill.exe & automatic opening of new tabs displaying random sites (w/ hjt log file problem while im surfing the net my firefox sporadically opens new windows tabs directing to these sites http forex-webhosting blogspot com http lhiba c la http creditcard blogspot com another problem is that my internet connection is still so slow sometimes it takes mins to upload a single page like the home page for instance ive upgraded it to a faster package at first it was faster but gradually it became just as slow as my previous package now it s supposed to be mbps here s my hjt log ------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows system isys exe C Program Files Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe C WINDOWS System WScript exe C Program Files Styler Styler exe C Program Files WordWeb wweb exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe F FILES installers HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ask com o amp l dis R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Monster Kill R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride l... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskkill-exe-automatic-opening-of-new-tabs-displaying-random-sites-w-hjt-log-file.881398/
Relevancy 40.85%

Does anyone know of an app that can split an AVI file into 2? Cuz I have some 800 mb. avi files that I would like to burn to a CD (not DVD!!) I would like to split it so then I can burn part 1 to a cd and part 2 to a cd.

Relevancy 40.85%

I recently purchased these items Code VGA Splitter Box http cgi ebay co uk ws eBayISAPI dll ViewItem amp item amp ssPageName STRK MEWNX IT Code VGA Lead for the I O port on the splitter box http cgi VGA Splitter box ebay co uk ws eBayISAPI dll ViewItem VGA Splitter box amp item amp ssPageName STRK MEWNX IT Code Xbox VGA Cable http cgi ebay co uk ws eBayISAPI dll ViewItem amp item amp ssPageName STRK MEWNX IT My screen already has a VGA cable with it so what i did was put the VGA i purchased in the I O and at the back of my Computer i then put my computer screen in A of my splitter box and in B i put my xbox VGA When i turn on my computer monitor everything is fuzzy what i mean is i can see everything but it has a fuzzy character to it I can barely read the test and when i switch to my xbox my screen says quot no signal quot and my xbox is turned on I tried this splitter on my friends computer and it worked perfectly and there are many videos on youtube of people using this splitter as well This is the monitor i am currently using Code Product No MA- K Model No P Power AC - V Hz A Serial No F UC Manufactured June http cgi ebay co uk -ProView-MA K-LCD-Monitor- Thats the monitor i have nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all! I recently Bought A VGA cable for my XBOX 360 to hook into my monitor. The problem is I only have one VGA connection to share between computer and the XBOX. Now my question is If i buy a VGA splitter would it allow me to make 2 VGA connections so that I don't have to unplug the monitor or the xbox when I want to switch between the 2.

A:Would A vga Splitter allow me to?

Buy a KVM switch. This one should do the trick.

Newegg.com - Rosewill RKV-2U 2 Port Slim Palmtop USB KVM Switch w/ Audio & Mic/ Black Shell

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/136796-would-vga-splitter-allow-me.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

I'm thinking of buying an in-ear earphones, Roccat Syva, it has a built-in microphone but the cable is in on one combined jack, not separated for audio and mic.

My laptop has only one jack, audio and mic combined, so will the microphone works? Or do I need a splitter cable for the microphone to work? Please help, thank you!

A:Do I need a splitter?

Originally Posted by sparkleshateyou

Hello,

I'm thinking of buying an in-ear earphones, Roccat Syva, it has a built-in microphone but the cable is in on one combined jack, not separated for audio and mic.

My laptop has only one jack, audio and mic combined, so will the microphone works? Or do I need a splitter cable for the microphone to work? Please help, thank you!

Asking the store clerk should clear up the issue.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/58193-do-i-need-splitter.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm pretty clueless in this area, hopefully I can explain the basics and someone can help me out.

I work in a laboratory, we have macines/analyzers which send analytical data/results to a server. The results are then placed into a database.

Current set-up is like this: Analyzer, Cat5 cable, walljack(data port), hub/digi-box, server.

What I need: I would like to attach 2 analyzers to one dataport in the walljack. Is it possible to get a splitter that will accept 2 cat5 cables at the walljack/dataport? If so........any recommendations?

I understand very little about this, any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello Everybody,
I've been using w8 for a couple of weeks and like it. The only app I can't find that works is a basic mp3 splitter .... does anyone know one that works and is preferably free

A:mp3 splitter

Mp3directcut works on Windows 7, if I recall correctly. Have not tried it on Win 8. Get it here: mp3DirectCut - editor to cut, fade, split and record compressed mpeg audio

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/5105-mp3-splitter.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a single USB cable which carries the internet, i ave 2 computers in very close proxity, i.w. 4 feet. I would like to have a splitter cable which could take this one cable and give to both computers.

Is something like this out there?

A:USB splitter?

You should be able to connect two PCs using a router, and possibly USB to ethernet adapters. What model is your modem for the internet connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-splitter.567969/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi guys anyone here familiar with VGA splitters I VGA Splitter had hoped to use my TV as a secondary PC monitor but I only have VGA port on my PC so have settled for having my VGA Splitter TV as a clone rather than secondary I understand the concept of the splitter ie it gives you outlets instead of but have a few questions Does picture quality suffer by splitting the connection - will my TV s and PC s pic quality be identical Does length of cable have an effect on quality I really need a metre cable but could get by with metres Will my TVs PC channel always be cloning my PC even when I m watching a regular TV channel or will I be able to turn it off without unplugging the VGA cable If it is always cloning will it have any adverse effect on my TV through overuse I realise VGA only transfers pictures and not sound is it neccesary to get audio cables as well or will my PCs speakers do I notice a big difference in price for the VGA splitter some sites have them as low as others have them as much as - is there much difference in what they actually do I would have thought them all the same - is it neccesary to get the more expensive one Cheers nbsp

A:VGA Splitter

Quality can suffer, it depends on the quality of the splitter, the difference between 3 meters and 5 shouldn't impact anything but again quality of the cable could. Shielding for instance needs to be good or you could get interference or ghosting. The PC input will always be operational as long as the computer is putting out the signal to it but its not displaying on the screen so in that respect its just like a water tap, there and ready to go but turned off.

Sound depends on your setup. If the PC is close enough and you can and want to use the PC speakers, you can, otherwise there should be a mini jack port next to the VGA on the TV that you plug into from the PC's sound card.

Last question is the first, quality of the splitter matters very much but is it based on a price scale as to what you get? Never used one or had any reason to so I'll have to defer on that one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vga-splitter.765572/
Relevancy 40.85%

I wasn't exactly sure about where to put this, I hope this is fine.

My problem is this, whenever I open a folder that contains a .ogg file, a program starts, called OGG Spliiter, (At least, when I right click on the icon it says that, when I just hover my mouse over it, occasionally it will say something like, OGG Directshow) and OGG Splitter will start scanning my OGG files, freeze, and then an error pops up, and my music folder closes out.

Is there any way to fix this, or even remove it from my system?

I tried finding it in my Add/Remove Programs list, and it wasn't there at all.

I'd be thankful for any help.

A:OGG Splitter

Have a look in Folder Options > File Types to see which program .ogg is associated with. It should be something like Winamp (you'll need an ogg-vorbis plugin to play the files)

Do you have any .ogg-related software or plugins? There might be an option in one of them that you could disable. For example, the K-Lite Codec Pack installs .ogg DirectShow filters, Ogg Splitter and Ogg Multiplexer, which aren't really needed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ogg-splitter-87418.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi All

I've bought a digital turntable to convert my old vinyl singles and albums to digital. It works fine apart from it doesn't always pick up when one track of an album ends and the next one starts so I end up with a few large files.

Can you recommend a free, easy to use app to split the resultant mp3 files?

I'm currently running Vista.

Thanks

Andy

Relevancy 40.85%

I have downloaded a trial version of an MP3 splitter, but don't hear anything when I try to play the file I want to edit, in the program. It plays ok in Media Player. Could this be a codec problem, and how can I solve it?

A:MP3 Splitter

I guess we'd have to know what MP3 splitter you're talking about first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mp3-splitter.450984/
Relevancy 40.85%

HP desk-top with Windows I just connected a VGA splitter to the VGA port of my HP desk-top unit I connected a VGA cable from the TV to one leg of the splitter and the existing cable from the monitor to the other leg The TV is wide-screen and the monitor ??? VGA Splitter is standard ACER AL LCD I did not mess with any resolution settings or anything else Connected thus the TV displays very nicely whatever I am viewing with the computer However everything on my monitor is now super-sized Print is about of what it was Quite a bit of my desk-top quot wallpaper quot is now hidden around the perimeter About four segments of my favorites bar are now hidden Thinking that possibly the computer was compensating for the wide-screen TV I unplugged the cable from the TV at the splitter and left only the monitor connected to the splitter and that made no difference in the monitor Switching the monitor to the other leg of the splitter yielded no difference I played around with the various resolution settings and can see no change whatsoever in the monitor The only display options I can find VGA Splitter ??? in my control panel only VGA Splitter ??? make things even larger The VGA splitter has almost -star ratings on Amazon and many many reviews The only reference I found that may have any bearing on my situation was that the splitter should be connected to a short extension cable and not connected directly into the computer yet no explanation was given as to why and no one else made any reference to the need for using the short extension Has anyone else had any experience with this and what can I do to make my monitor display with the splitter the same as it does without the splitter Thank you nbsp

A:VGA Splitter ???

Any VGA splitter is going to give you the exact same display on both screens, that includes the resolution. Your Acer monitor has a native resolution of 1280x1024 but also supports 1024x768 and 800x600; all 4:3 aspect resolutions. These are not widescreen resolutions and not ideal for the TV; it'll likely display at 1024x768 or 800x600 but ideally you'd be using a 16:9 resolution such as 1366x768(or 1360x768) or a 1920x1080 resolution depending on the TV specs and what the manual says is recommended. The problem with VGA splitters is that the PC tries to figure out what resolution a monitor connected to the port supports and gets confused when there is more than one device connected. If the TV is determining the resolution than the monitor will have to deal with the resolutions that the TV wants, or vice versa. You will have to find a compromise that works well for both screens or replace the old monitor with a new widescreen that supports a common resolution with the TV.

Splitters are rarely the ideal solution, especially if you are using two significantly different output devices. Depending on your needs using a dual output graphics card is another solution, and anything made in the last few years and even most older stuff, supports multiple monitors out of the box.

The reason to use a short extension is that the adapter can be heavy and damage the port from the weight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vga-splitter.1140026/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a printer which I wish to connect to two computers, is it possible to buy a USB splitter cable to do this ... searching for this on the web gives lots of results with splitters which allow you to connect more than one USB device to a single computer but I am looking for the reverse ... a cable which allows you to connect one device to more than one computer.
Does a cable like this exist!?
If so links to sites with them on would be much appreciated!
Or any tips on what to search for to find them!
Thanks,
Matt

Relevancy 40.85%

I have a Windows PC and a and between a DVR a Using PC splitter am running a splitter between the computer and a security DVR we re a business location The DVR only has a single USB port which is supposed to be for mouse support but it s being used for the splitter The splitter had a keyboard and mouse slot which is being used for the PC however when switched to the DVR Using a splitter between a DVR and a PC the mouse no longer works I resorted to using a USB splitter going from the DVR so I can plug in the monitor splitter and a secondary mouse which worked I was able to get a working pointer for the PC and the DVR however I ve noticed that when I m on the DVR Using a splitter between a DVR and a PC screen and the PC goes into standby the mouse no longer works and I have to replug everything in again is there an explanation for this Would shutting off the sleep mode for the PC bypass this issue I realize this is a crazy frakenstein set up but we don t have the space to run two monitors so the splitter IS a must nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-a-splitter-between-a-dvr-and-a-pc.1165876/
Relevancy 40.85%

hi i have a large AVI file i want to split is there any free apps out there.

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi

I was wondering, I have this tiny problem, I would want to use more than 2 displays at once and there is only 2 places to connect the displays in this docking station (VGA and DVI). So I was wondering, is it possible to some VGA or DVI splitter and then extend the display so that I could have 3 displays side by side?

A:DVI or VGA splitter

As far as I know, a splitter cable will only mirror two displays, and will not support 3

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvi-or-vga-splitter.189751/
Relevancy 40.85%

I added a 5 mhz-900 mhz splitter to my computer so I can add a tv. This seems to have slowed down my Comcast Broadband.Do I need to replace the splitter with a 5 mhz-1000 mhz?Thanks Papat

Relevancy 40.42%

not sure which section this pertains to specifically but quot drivers quot seems close enough issue i recently upgraded to automatic and/or detection driver automatic Disable hardware install an sli graphics configuration since upgrading my previous method of avoiding the TDR driver crash has stopped working known fix that i can't get to work anymore when running a single gpu i Disable automatic hardware detection and/or automatic driver install could disable and uninstall the nvidia hd audio device then disable and uninstall the hd Disable automatic hardware detection and/or automatic driver install audio controller under system devices problem solved no crashes after adding the second gpu Disable automatic hardware detection and/or automatic driver install there are now two hd audio devices and two hd audio controllers upon disabling or uninstalling either controller the system automatically re-installs the hd audio devices previously uninstalled which in turn causes the hd audio controller to re-enable re-install itself to be clear all hd audio devices and hd audio controllers on my system must be disabled AND uninstalled to prevent TDR or since the upgrade full system freezes or restarts sli double TDR already tried it Drivers - Turn Off Automatic Driver Installation this tutorial does not stop automatic driver installation it just prevents the downloading of drivers from windows update tried it anyway no help How to Stop Windows From Detecting New Hardware eHow disabling automatic hardware detection as described here does not prevent automatic device recognition and driver re-installation safe mode does prevent the drivers from re-installing immediately however it also prevents most software from booting properly after uninstalling hd audio controllers in safe mode and rebooting windows promptly re-installs all uninstalled devices and controllers please help so is there any way to convince windows to stop being so quot helpful quot by re-installing these device drivers at boot or can windows be made to stop looking for uninstalled devices altogether thanks in advance

A:Disable automatic hardware detection and/or automatic driver install

Disable this service:

UPnP Device Host

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/292188-disable-automatic-hardware-detection-automatic-driver-install.html
Relevancy 40.42%

This kind of problem I am seeing for the first time in my life without having a ending Search WMP launch of Automatic with shutdown automatic Windows and clue The pc is own by one of my friend First foolish thing he did was to put some customized xp into his computer Suddenly today morning he started to scream on phone about this problem I am not able to see the desktop The problem is whenever the computer starts windows media player starts up along with search windows one contain no search item another contain quot quot in Automatic launch of Windows Search and WMP ending with automatic shutdown the search item another contain quot quot as search contain the string may be different I can t remember exactly Closing one of them shutting down the system completely No restart It is like someone is opening a search box in front of me and typing the search string The problem was occurring even internet not connected While shutting down sometime it showed quot some no of users are connected shutting down will cause problem quot like that zombie system So I instructed to remove windows xp format c and install windows from original disk Much of my surprise just after installation it started showing the same symptom Internet was not connected After set up with internet I connect it via teamviewer check msconfig -- only one entry was there google update chorme was installed -- I check the processes no suspicious process was running -- There is no autorun inf file in any of the drive There was no pattern of the incident sometime click on my computer open those three windows sometime not Some time it just open up when everything is idle Sometime double click of exe s trigger this It sometime it just like flood of opening those four windows Sometime while I type any weburl it start typing that automatically I need some help Guide me if more information is needed

A:Automatic launch of Windows Search and WMP ending with automatic shutdown

Let's get some more info and go from there.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size. List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disabl... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424695/automatic-launch-of-windows-search-and-wmp-ending-with-automatic-shutdown/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all Does setting Windows Updates to quot notify for download and notify for install quot via GP edit also Driver? include automatic automatic Device Updates Win disabling Does disable Device Driver automatic installation Or does disabling automatic device driver installation need to be configured separately If the latter separate setting is Does disabling automatic Win Updates include automatic Device Driver? it advisable to do so despite the ominous warning from M that quot your device may not work as expected quot I followed Brink's characteristically excellent tutorial for GP edit here Windows Update Automatic Updates - Does disabling automatic Win Updates include automatic Device Driver? Enable or Disable in Windows to quot notify for download and notify for install quot Thanks for that So my questions center on whether doing so will also prevent automatic device driver installation or whether I need to and or should configure that setting separately M 's ominous warning seems to be strongly discouraging users from disabling automatic device driver updates and quot realistic icons quot For my OEM XP Vista and systems I have always gotten drivers -- WHEN NEEDED -- from the OEM not via Windows Update as the OEMs historically have done a better job than M in offering the needed drivers for their computers Is that still true under Win Assuming that disabling automatic Windows Updates does NOT also disable automatic device driver updates should I disable automatic device driver installation on this OEM Win box TIA MM

A:Does disabling automatic Win Updates include automatic Device Driver?

Hello MM,

That will stop drivers from automatically being installed in Windows Update, but won't stop drivers from being available in Windows Update.

If you don't want drivers to be available in Windows Update, then you can disable this using the tutorial below. If disabled, you'll have to manually update (download and install) your drivers from the manufacturer.

Driver Updates in Windows Update - Enable or Disable in Windows 10driver-updates-windows-update-enable-disable-windows-10-a.html

The first tutorial below you posted will turn on/off automatic installation of drivers for devices. However, I would recommend to also disable automatic updates in the second tutorial below to be safe.

Device Driver Automatic Installation - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

Windows Update Automatic Updates - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/56958-does-disabling-automatic-win-updates-include-automatic-device-driver.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Help...

Automatic Data Collection and Dashboard /Date Inputs are automatic. Metrics are predicated on the percent complete per month..

It is hard to explain, but the data accumulates hourly, daily, weekly, monthly quarterly, Simi annually and annually.

Some areas do not meet the % required for the month others do the dashboard should show that.

The dashboard should show each month the % complete and if it is on target.

Please see spreadsheet example, I can manage the most conditional formatting; I just need help to automate the process.
Thanks,
mrsmithexcels

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-data-collection-and-dashboard-date-inputs-are-automatic-492558.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello,

I have a splitter that connects my XBOX360 and my Windows 8 desktop computer to my amplifier. However, when I have both my XBOX and Computer on, the sound does not work.

The solution is that I turn off my computer whenever I want to use the Xbox. This fixes the problem because it turns off the light of the digital output.

Is there a way for me to turn off the digital output light without actually turning off the computer?

A:Optical Splitter

Did you try just muting the sound in the PC ? If that doesn't work maybe you can temporarily disable Digital sound from Control Panel /Sounds /Playback.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/31562-optical-splitter.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have tried several cat5 splitters and found that only one jack can get connected to internet.I connected one jack to router and the other 2 jacks to individual computer. but both the computers does not have internet connections, unless I unplug one of them.Thus the splitter can only be used as a straight through extension

A:cat5 splitter

I connected one jack to router and the other 2 jacks to individual computer.Click to expand...

You are using an ethernet splitter to avoid running a second ethernet cable, right? A splitter at one end of the cable connects to two router ports and the splitter at the other end connects to two computers. Is that your arrangement?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cat5-splitter.1083197/
Relevancy 40.42%

I want to split for RCA connect output

Relevancy 40.42%

Um i bought this with the intentention of spanning my desktop across two monitors... But all it seems to do is show the exact same thing.I have my Nvdea card with the splitter in it, and 2 monitors plugged into the splitters two ports. However my computer reckons that both of them are the one monitor. So the question is, is there a way to convince the PC to accept both monitors as individuals, or do i have to start jamming in additional graphics cards, making this entirely useless cable obselete

A:VGA splitter cable

If your video controller only has one video output, then there is no way a simple splitter cable of any kind is going to convert that output to two different images on two different monitors. Did the cable seller or manufacturer actually claim that their product could do that?

Time to go shopping for a video controller card that can support two independent displays on two monitors at the same time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vga-splitter-cable.859209/
Relevancy 40.42%

basiclly what me mate has done
is ripped an audio cd...now i dont know how he did it but basiclly theres 3 cds and all the songs on it are in one big file so what i need to do now is seperate the tracks into seperate mp3 files

i did find some softwares around but they only let me split to a cetain time for example 3.40 however some tracks are like 7mins

is there any decent "splitters" out there
and why dont i just rip it again...ive lost the CD and no backup so this is quite important lol

thank you

A:audio splitter

Get mp3DirectCut, a freeware Mp3 file editor. Do a cut between each track and then export all of the separate tracks.

I'm assuming the one big file you have is an Mp3 file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-splitter.703324/
Relevancy 40.42%

First of all I hope this in the right section as it possibly qualifies for a couple.

I have an external hard drive I've had to format to Fat32 so it is recognized by my BluRay player. This therefore presents the problem of not playing files bigger than 4gb.

Can anyone recommend any programs to split my MKVs into two smaller files to circumvent this problem?

A:MKV Splitter program?

AFAIK, there isn't a 'straight forward' way to split mkv's (somebody may correct me on this) The following thread over at 'VideoHelp.com' may assist: link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425973/mkv-splitter-program/
Relevancy 40.42%

I know I'm going to sound like a complete idiot but,
I was trying to identify anything that could be eliminated from my Laptop in order to have more disk space. I came across something that I must have downloaded somehow but I dont know when or how or WHAT this is. Can someone please help me.? I dont think that its something I need because I dont deal with anything video. I download family pictures to my Windows Media Player but I dont look at anything video except the occasional You Tube.
Here is the problem: GDSMux, Haali Media Splitter.
Those were the unformiliar titles listed in my C:drive folder.
Hope I havent made this confusing to everyone else.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Linda

A:Media Splitter...What????

It is a codec , Compress,decompress for watching video with
It is a good codec to have.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/294631-media-splitter-what.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Example : I Have 1 Hours Video But I Need First 30 Mins Only But I Can't Find What Programs Can do This. I Need to Copy Everthing From Original Video

Any Help ?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/67061-i-want-splitter-mp4-without-re-encode.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey Everyone I just had a quick question that I was hoping DVI Question Splitter one of the geniuses here could answer since I m in a little bit of a holdup here I have a Dell compact desktop with an ATI Radeon pro graphics card with a single DVI out and I m looking to connect my computer to both my monitor and TV and both are in separate rooms so I m going to want to same picture mirrored on both displays Because this is a compact PC I don t want to replace the video card because I cant find options that fit it nor do I know how to do that I ve heard a DVI splitter would work and my question is what DVI Splitter Question is the best one Also what is the difference between this cheap one http www newegg com Product Produ amp cm re dvi splitter- - - - - -Product and this more expensive one http www newegg com Product Produ amp cm re dvi splitter- - - - - -Product Would both work Which one should I choose Thanks so much for your help in advance -Mike nbsp

A:DVI Splitter Question

moved this to hardware

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvi-splitter-question.974130/
Relevancy 40.42%

Does anyone know of a good video splitter (not Coaxial) that doesn't cost several hundred dollars? I just need one that will work with an X-Box 360 or PS3.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Video Splitter

What kind of video are you splitting? Composite, S-video, component, VGA, DVI, HDMI? What are you outputting it to - TV, monitor, switcher, receiver?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-splitter.837513/
Relevancy 40.42%

For my HP laptop I was going to buy a USB splitter that would add three more ports which I really only need 2. It states it's good for 2000,98, XP,Vista. I dropped an email saying they did not mention Win7 and would that be an OK fit? They answered saying it was good for only those mentioned. What would be different in Win7 that would rule this out? It all goes back to the main motherboard Bus doesn't it. Is this true or am I being given the easy way out by them? Thanks, Paul

A:Solved: USB splitter

If you're talking about a Hub, it should work just fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-splitter.963727/
Relevancy 40.42%

ok so i play my xbox 360 on my computer monitor. i have an LG Flatron W2040t. Well i hate switching the vga cable in and out between my computer and xbox when i switch what im doing. Is there a splitter i can buy so i can have both plugged in and then just switch the mode or something on my monitor? thanks.

A:VGA splitter for monitor?

Yes they do exist...Just type it in Google; "VGA splitter with switch". They are about $15 (or 10) for a cheap one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vga-splitter-for-monitor.158415/
Relevancy 40.42%

I've got a very large wmv file, I would like to know how i can split it into 2 or 3 seperate smaller size files?, can someone please help me

A:wmv splitter need help guys

I have this program. It splits any video file pretty easily. Only trialware though but its fully functional.
http://www.doeasier.org/splitter/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wmv-splitter-need-help-guys.51980/
Relevancy 40.42%

Free MP3 splitter?

I have MP3 files that are too large for a CD-R. Does anyone know where I can download a free MP3 splitter?

A:Free MP3 splitter?

Since you are burning the files on CD, maybe you are using Nero which has a simple music editor built in..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/free-mp3-splitter.7003/
Relevancy 40.42%

Free MP3 splitter?

I have MP3 files that are too large for a CD-R. Does anyone know where I can download a free MP3 splitter?

Relevancy 40.42%

Why does my VGA splitter not split - but instead only goes to 1 or the other?

When connecting a projector and a monitor to it - the projector always steals the signal (and the monitor may or may not flicker a little). Unplug the projector - monitor is good.

there was a week long period where both worked and now its back to 1 or the other.

both are plugged in, powered on and working, they just wont work together...

is there a setting on the computer i could change to make this work?

A:VGA splitter not splitting?

windows 7 dell computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vga-splitter-not-splitting-679502.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi - I m new to TSG so please be patient I have a problem - I guess I need to buy some software - but I have not been able to find anything on the shareware sites that works Therefore I am interested if anyone else knows or uses such a utility I am in the process of archiving some old mm Hi- tapes such that they can be used for frame accurate editing at a later date Although good know Splitter?? Does anyone a AVI I now have an MPEG- backup of each I want to be Does anyone know a good AVI Splitter?? able to store the videos in the purest possible form and so am using the FireWire link to capture AVI files via my Digital camcorder However each to hour tape generates a file roughly Gb large so I want to be able to cut this into DVD -R sized ish Gb overlapping chunks so that these can be writen to DVD data media and stored off-line I have nearly tapes to process so the operation needs to be relatively automatic I am lucky enough to have all the high end editing software Premier Pinnacle Edition etc but if they fulfil this function of AVI splitting I have not managed to work out how just yet Once I have Does anyone know a good AVI Splitter?? this video data archived onto multiple DVD s I will feel a lot happier as some of the original tapes are now years old and will be starting to deteriorate Of all the AVI Splitters I sampled I experienced problems because either they would not cope with such a large Gb initial file size or in one case it split the AVI perfectly along with some lead in out frames but did not retain the sound Any help would be greatly appreciated then I can start to think about editing some of the old footage into a meaningful story nbsp

A:Does anyone know a good AVI Splitter??

Gday Andy, one site that I always go to whenever I have any audio or visual questions is dooms, found here . Its got heaps of info and links for freeware downloads on just about anything to do with editing or encoding video and audio. Ive seen tutorials on splitting avi's but haven't done it myself so I cant tell you how easy it is, but Im sure you'll get a pretty good idea of whats involved if you head on over there. Im sure you will be able to find a way to make those files shorter too, without losing any quality. Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-anyone-know-a-good-avi-splitter.202872/
Relevancy 40.42%

Dear All,

Could anybody solve me the crack of Bandwidth spiltter 1.3?

I'm using isa 2004 and bandwidth splitter 1.3, but I can only control for 10 users.

Another thing, Could you please tell me where i can download isa time2004.

Thank you

A:Bandwidth Splitter 1.3

burger_khmer,

You are asking for advice that is against our site rules:

Users cannot post hacks, cracks, pirated software, or anything of the like. Furthermore, we do not allow instructions on how to complete illegal activities, such as pirating. Please don't ask for advice on using illegal software, as it will be removed.Click to expand...

This is the second time you've been warned for requesting help with illegal activities. If you want to continue using our site, you need to review the site rules before posting again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bandwidth-splitter-1-3.884634/
Relevancy 40.42%

My neighbour who went halves on a CCTV unit with cams would like to have a monitor of his own just to watch the CCTV unit has one HDMI and one VGA Iam currently using the VGA on a quot to use? splitter are VGA ok cables monitor we were thinking of using a VGA splitter cable to run a m cable along out of our soffit along and into his soffit and down into his bedroom so he can see all cams basically see s what Iam doing some info on are VGA splitter cables ok to use? the web seems to suggest a simple split cable are VGA splitter cables ok to use? will do are VGA splitter cables ok to use? this and others say it wont and that you would need a way quot powered quot splitter port im wondering if its worth us buying a monitor with HDMI amp VGA first THEN trying it out as the splitter cables are only couple of pound if the HDMI monitor gives me better same quality then we just get him a really long VGA cable from eBay and he has our quot VGA monitor and we use the HDMI connection does anyone know if these splitter cable actually work or do you need a powered device thanks in advance nbsp

A:are VGA splitter cables ok to use?

Yes, they work. Whether or not you need a powered splitter/or video amp will depend on the cable quality and cable length.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/are-vga-splitter-cables-ok-to-use.1133493/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello Guys,

I have a problem like that, i have a TV application software it is working on a PC and the PC connected LCD TV's with a VGA Splitter. Sometimes some of Lcd Tv's turning off and i need to know that how many TV-Monitor working as connected PC, is there any hardware or software to achive it like an advanced vga splitter or a program like that?

A:Controlling VGA Splitter

Sounds like you already have it setup and working. So you need to determine which hardware is faulty. VGA doesn't shut off, so if the TV's stop working, the video card is faulty or the cabling/splitter is faulty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/controlling-vga-splitter.1058776/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have been having intermittent problems with my internet. I have made some changes on my line coming in and wanted to ask a question. Please look at my drawing (please no comments on the quality ) and tell me something:

I purchased a 4 way splitter(splitter Z) back about 6 months ago, I started having some issues with my cable connection about 4 months later so I went back to my previous splitter (splitter A) and I connected everything the way the diagram now shows. My question is: if splitter Z is bad or going bad, would it still cause issues with my modem being hooked up the way it is in the diagram?

Relevancy 40.42%

Is there anything like an Ethernet splitter or hub? I have a computer I want to hook into my DSL modem to be online then I want to run in a wireless print server so the laptops can use that. My modem only has one USB and one Ethernet slot.

Relevancy 40.42%

I have a bunch of Text to Speech audio files that need to be broken down into 5 minute segments. I've found two different apps that will do this but each has a problem.

The first app won't do batch conversions so I have to initiate the split on EACH file which will take forever. The other program will do batch but completely wipes out the original title... ie 40 files turn into "track01, track02, etc"... which isn't useful.

I need a program that will batch split an MP3 while preserving at least some of the original file name so that I know what I'm looking at.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-an-mp3-batch-splitter.128696/
Relevancy 39.99%

I just wanted some advice because I have never done this before. We just bought some new Lenovo Edge laptops for work and also bought USB 2.0 Port Replicators with Digital Video Part number: 0A33942 to use with them. Our other setup was a Lenovo L512 with a Mini dock which the L512 has been discontinued. My question is can I use a DVI-to-dual DVI or VGA to display the video to two 22" monitors? How will windows recognize the monitors and what about performance? Some people here like the screen so small that I can barely read it and others like it large enough to read it from 10 feet away. The only thing that they are used for is Internet browsing and document viewing. Nothing graphic intensive. Any thoughts?

A:Using DVI splitter to get video on two monitors

A Video Graphics Array (VGA) Y-splitter cable enables simultaneous display of the same image from a TV screen to another monitor, from a laptop to a PC monitor, or from one PC to two separate monitors within a short distance. In the latter cases, however, you may need a better video card to support a higher resolution. Its personal benefits are to effectively create two video screens for home-viewing pleasure and to create wider, dual screens while working in the home office. Commercial purposes include setting up training modules and displays during trade shows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/226117-using-dvi-splitter-get-video-two-monitors.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I downloaded a video converting software that worked fine, but then along with it sneaked Haali: the random program from hell. it just pops up on the toolbar whenever i have windows movie maker up and it makes my comp really slow, and makes movie maker even more unreliable than it already is. I can't find this thing in ad/remove programs or program files. I even did a search for it and nothing comes up. how do I get rid of this thing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-get-rid-of-haali-media-splitter.958319/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi i have a machine an acer aspire x3450 specs in the pic

now i have a 2tb external but i want to fit the drive inside my machine but i only have 2 sata sockets 1 has the dvd drive in it the other the main drive.

i took the dvd out and connected the external to it and it worked but that means no dvd drive.

so the question is

can i fit a sata splitter cable and connect both harddrives to it like you can if it was ide ?

i know you can buy the splitter cable but i seem to find alot of posts saying that you can only connect 1 sata item to a sata cable ?

any one tried this or have more than 1 item connected to a sata cable and works ?

A:sata splitter cable

I assume that you mean a splitter for the data cables, which I'm not aware of anything like that. Do you have a spare PCI slot to add a SATA controller?

EDIT: When I Googled for a SATA splitter, all that came up was a splitter for power, not data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/220757-sata-splitter-cable.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a netgear cable modem/router and I have hooked up an extension to I can move my high gain antenna around. I want to find a splitter to see if I can keep the modem in my office with the stock antenna then run the extension with high gain antenna out of the office to another area of the house. I got my extension from hyperkinktech.com and they have splitters but no tech department to help me determine exactly what item I need, can anyone help me?

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi just wanted to know if this would work before i brought items. Basically i want 2 computers to use 1 screen using the switch 2 vga but i want one of the computers to be running on two screens.

Computer 1 - in office sharing a screen with Computer switch 2 device

Computer 2 - in office sharing screen with computer 1 switch 2 device also vga splitter going to another monitor

The reason is so i can send messages to an employee downstairs using Only computer 2

While i use Computer 1 for my work and able to switch comps to send messages..

Hope you understand

A:use a vga splitter also connected to a vga switch 2

It should work as long as you have the splitter on one and it configured then you plug the other input into the kvm if you will and plug the other computer and everything into the kvm. Not sure if your looking to share mouse and keyboard also?

Just to clarify you want to run dual monitors on 1 computer with a splitter while at the same time its attached to something like a kvm to allow you to share 1 monitor with both computers.

You may be able to get it to work with software like ultramon or something but dont hold me to it I havent tried it so I cant be 100% sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/use-a-vga-splitter-also-connected-to-a-vga-switch-2.880531/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi friends,

Can anyone please help me this, I want Vcard Splitter free of cost in working mode. I found many trial version. But I want it for free, I'am not able to pay some amount. I'm very thankful for that if anyone help me. please friends please.

A:I want vcard splitter, it's really emergency.

that would be illegal, and we do not assist in those activities. Only way to get it is to purchase it. closing thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-vcard-splitter-its-really-emergency.1110334/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi

I'm having a slightl problem hooking a projector up to my PC using a VGA splitter. I purchased a splitter to duplicate the signal between my monitor and projector and that warks fine. However when I turn the projector off the monitor stops receiveing any signal and also switches off (or goes into standby). Is there a simple solution or something that I'm just not doing, or do I need a different splitter?

The computer runs NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS

Thanks

A:Solved: VGA Splitter and Projector

Hi and welcome to TSG.

With the projector turned off and the monitor in standby mode, does the monitor start displaying normal video if you unplug the VGA cable from just the projector?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vga-splitter-and-projector.954967/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey, i have a cable from my router to a splitter on my room (Splitter: Jensen netlink 1008)
ive tryed to use this splitter on both my pc and xbox, it workes fine on the pc (exept a bit slower connection) but it isnt working on the xbox 360.

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,

I had a movie that I dowmloaded from a shareware site and tried to add it to windows media player 11 and it wouldn't add to the library so I clicked on it and dragged it to the the video playlist. When it started to play I noticed an extra icon in the task bar tray. I clicked on it and discovered it was the haali media splitter. I went to the add remove window to see if it was there and couldn't find it. Did this program install itself on my computer or is it just something that plays with the movie? If it did install how do I find it to get rid of it if I don't need it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/haali-media-splitter.664527/
Relevancy 39.99%

Does anyone Know a good program I could use (hopefully freeware) to cut videos (just mpgs, wmv, the normal stuff.). Most of what i have found program wise are all crap. I'm looking for something that I can just specify a spot in the video, then cut it there. Thanks in advance for any help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-slicer-splitter.415505/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have six DSL filters installed now and need to install two more phone connections for future Dish DVRs which puts me way over their recommendations.
I want to install a DLS splitter conditioning unit in my Fox box and found this http://www.home-technology-store.com/sitesearch.aspx?q=dsl splitter
and need some input if this indeed will work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-filter-splitter-question.678697/
Relevancy 39.99%

can u guys give me names of good, brand name video splitters? i don't want no-name junk like avi splitter.

A:good video splitter

I use vegas 4
the newer one vegas 6+dvd is supposed to be better
I have tried sonic it eats up my machine
ulead movie factory all my friends have it ,but I can't get it to run right
another one I use is mainconcept mpg encoder
TMPGEnc has never failed me converts pal to ntsc
plus has great demux utility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-video-splitter.40221/
Relevancy 39.99%

Just a simple question regarding splitter cable to have dual monitors from one port video card.
Recently bought two monitors of the same that wanted to be run off from one tower. Only have 1 video port, so bought a splitter cable. Both monitors are showing the same thing. What I really wanted is to have one as primary, the other secondary. So that I can work with many programs. Is it possible for two same monitors with splitter cable?

Look through several sites, and none offered really good solution.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi there,

I have a router, and there are 4 Ethernet sockets on the router.

I would like to split one of the sockets to create a fifth Ethernet socket.
Is this possible?
Can someone direct me to were I could purchase one?

Do I also just need the one splitter at the router and it can handle the split from there?

With thanks,
DC.

Relevancy 39.99%

Well this is a real simple question, but I want something that you can plug speakers into, to make it have like 2 ends coming off it (if that makes sense). What I want to do for instance, is have the same set of speakers plugged into two different computers. The computers are about 2 feet apart so it doesn't have to be real long either. I want this because I have a 2.1 sound set up on my better computer that I use mostly for games, but it goes noticeably slower while running iTunes and then sometimes the music skips. I don't plan on playing a sound from both computers at the same time either. What I'm asking is, what are these called, or can someone give me a link? I couldn't find anything on newegg, but i think that might be because I don't know what they are called. Thanks for the help!

A:Audio Jack Splitter

It's called a "Y" splitter, and you can get them at Radio shack (I've purchased them there before to use my headphones and speakers on 1 soundcard without having to unplug the headphones to use the speakers).Here's a little diagram...hope it helps. It should be exactly what you need, so you can take it down to the local computer store and show them what you want to do. You'll have to buy some more speaker wire (Female to Male) to run between the Y splitter and the computer(s).On the flip side, you might get out of it cheaper if you just buy a new 2.1 set of speakers ($15 HERE from Walmart).Hope this helps...if not then let us know!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82943/audio-jack-splitter/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello im a newbie and i am unsure if i am in the correct forum to post this question - anyway - I wanted to know if I can Purchase a double socket for a car cigarette lighter so both my GPS & new dash cam can both work together at same time - or do i need to hard wire the dash cam. Thank you

A:Cigarette lighter splitter

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=d...JoTL0gSfqbqwDA

http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/cigarette-lighter-splitter-276460/
Relevancy 39.99%

I need a 1-4 splitter or more for a 3.5in audio. Do they make them?
would joining alot of 1-2 splitters work?

Like 1 Computer 4 headphones?
would it burn out sound card?

Photoshoped
http://tinyurl.com/3z7frj

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3-5-inch-audio-1-4-splitter-at-least.756743/