Windows Support Forum

Microsoft Outlook 'Choose Profile' dialogue box opens without me clicking

Q: Microsoft Outlook 'Choose Profile' dialogue box opens without me clicking

Recently my Microsoft Outlook 'Choose Profile' dialogue box opens without me clicking the icon to open the program. Could someone offer advice as to why this is happenning and what I could do to stop it happenning! It does this consistently when I don't have Microsoft Outlook open.

Just to give a bit more info, although I am not sure how relevant it is: when it opens without me clicking, I try to 'cancel', it remains on screen. My only option at this point is to click 'OK'. However, this does not take me into my emails - only my reminders pop up (however, if I actively click to open Outlook, and then get to the 'choose profile' box, I am able to click cancel).

thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Microsoft Outlook 'Choose Profile' dialogue box opens without me clicking

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Microsoft Outlook 'Choose Profile' dialogue box opens without me clicking

using an admin login, look in the All Users profile
(\documents & settings\all users\*)​under Programs\Start Menu\Startups

every thing there is started for every user that logs onto the system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-outlook-choose-profile-dialogue-box-opens-without-me-clicking.154006/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hey all I initially posted this which explains my problem Quote Originally Posted by dissembly I am running Windows XP on a laptop computer X -based PC version quot Service Pack Build quot I have two hard discs both around GB size Whenever i click on a link to one of my hard discs Windows brings up the quot Open With quot dialogue box It says Choose the have opens i on virus? only Hard do Drives With..." a dialogue - Clicking "Open program you want to use to open Clicking on Hard Drives only opens "Open With..." dialogue - do i have a virus? this file File D or C Clicking on Hard Drives only opens "Open With..." dialogue - do i have a virus? and then it has the usual list of programs Incidentally quot Windows Explorer quot is not one of them If i click on a link that leads to a file folder within one of the hard disks it goes there all apparently fine If i click on quot Folders view quot in windows explorer i can access both hard drives that way But only via the Folders tree on the left-hand side of the window - if i try to access them by clicking the regular icon in the window on the right-hand side it says quot Choose the program you want to use to open this file quot and i have a heart-attack I have Deleted the shortcut links to C and D drives on my desktop and then right-clicked on the drives in Folders View of Windows Explorer and recreated the shortcuts It has no effect - left clicking the newly made shortcuts still brings up the quot Open With quot box Shut-down and restarted my computer No effect I then discovered that other people at least two other people had posted the same problem within about half an hour of me posting it One of them thought they had a virus So I opened Norton and checked the history and it told me that IP address attempted to access my computer and was blocked this was very recent - this was while i was posting on the tech support forums Yesterday Norton detected quot Trojan Packed NsAnti quot twice and quot fully resolved quot it both times So I ran Norton again and just a few minutes ago it detected quot Trojan Packed NsAnti quot again and quot fully resolved it quot again I don't know if it's related to my problem or if it's a coincidence Another poster was told that if they suspected a virus they needed to look at the quot Five Steps Before Posting a Log quot instructions So i went there The second instruction involves getting a log from ActiveScan and posting it on these boards So here is my log Quote ANALYSIS - - PROTECTIONS MALWARE SUSPECTS PROTECTIONS Description Version Active Updated Norton Antivirus Internet Security No Yes MALWARE Id Description Type Active Severity Disinfectable Disinfected Location Application NirCmd A HackTools No No No D AaDavid Program Files Flash Disinfector exe D AaDavid Program Files Flash Disinfector exe nircmd exe SUSPECTS Sent Location Zm VULNERABILITIES Id Severity Description Zm HIGH MS - Zm HIGH MS - Zm HIGH MS - Zm HIGH MS - Zm HIGH MS - Zm HIGH MS - Zm HIGH MS - Zm My questions are Do I have a virus What is the Norton Security history telling me - what does it mean that quot quot tried to access my computer - is this common Is it related to my sudden inability to open the shortcut links to my hard disk drives How can I fix this problem I have also backed up a lot of files on my hard drive and saved them on a series of DVDs while all this was going on just to be safe If i do have a virus does that mean that these DVDs are possibly infected as well How would i find out Can they still be used to retrieve my data if it comes to that

A:Clicking on Hard Drives only opens "Open With..." dialogue - do i have a virus?

Just updating:

*I have noted that the address 192.168.1.100, 5000 apparently relates to "LinkNet", according to a google search. I think thats an IRC server, so i've deleted mIRC from my computer.

*Another address, 192.168.1.101, 5000 attempted to access my computer last night (13/10) as i was logging into the forums, it was blocked. I've restricted both "192.168.1.100" and "192.168.1.101" from accessing my computer. I don't know if that made sense to do or not.

*I have run another virus scan, and "Trojan.Packed.NsAnti" hasn't been detected again as of this morning.

So, thats where i am at the moment.

If anybody can help, i'd really appreciate it.

Also, if anyone can help with my original problem, i'd really appreciate that, as well. So far this is the only negative manifestation of the virus/trojan (assuming it was a virus/trojan). I'd really like to fix it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/clicking-on-hard-drives-only-opens-open-with-dialogue-do-i-have-a-virus-301791.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello,

I'm an XP user and I need help desperately. I have a Dell notebook and of late, every time I open "My Computer" and double-click on the C drive or the D drive, the "Open With...." dialogue window opens up. So now if I want to get into my hard drives, I have to right click and choose "Open" or "Explore". This is getting very frustrating and I'm not that qualified to go around tweaking registry items. So can anyone help me out with this? I understand that some people have had a similar problem - the "Search" window opens up when double-clicking the drive icons. By the way, out of desperation, I used the "Fix Folder open.vbs" file and it still didn't work. Any advice will be highly appreciated. Many thanks.

A:Help! Double clicking C/D drive opens "Open With.." dialogue

Hello and Welcome to TSF

See if this helps
http://technize.com/content/downloads/drive.reg

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-double-clicking-c-d-drive-opens-open-with-dialogue-255450.html
Relevancy 73.96%

This really frustrating me.
I'm totally out of my depth with this one so please can someone give me a bit of help?

The problem is whenever I click on My Pictures from the start button Outlook Express open up.
If I right click on My Pictures, a context menu appears & I can open it fine by choosing the Open option.
Also, on this context menu there is an entry in bold that I've not noticed before - it says "association with file"

Can anyone help with this please.
I'd be extremely grateful if they can.

Thank you
Mike

Relevancy 72.67%

When I click a mailto link, instead of Outlook 2003 opening up an email w/the address already on it I get a 2nd instance of outlook and I'm the default mail client is not installed properly then IE 11 opens up new windows until I manage to shut them down.

Default mail program is Outlook 2003 in control panel?

Ideas?

I rarely use IE. WAterfox is the default.

A:Waterfox / Outlook 2003 - clicking a mailto link opens up many IE

Hi,
Is water... you default browser ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/341727-waterfox-outlook-2003-clicking-mailto-link-opens-up-many-ie.html
Relevancy 72.67%

When I retrieve my e-mails through Outlook 2003, it seems to take an inordinate amount of time from when I click on the e-mail listing and when it actually opens it.

It is the kind of delay as when I am trying to go through and delete items. It takes a moment or two for the program to respond to my clicking on the next e-mail before it will highlight that new e-mail.

Any ideas on how to speed it up?

Relevancy 69.66%

Problem Outlook starts normally with a POP Outlook Exchange Microsoft Profile start Cannot Microsoft using account in a POP Outlook profile Cannot start Microsoft Outlook using Microsoft Exchange Profile However I have a work Exchange account which I configured using instructions yesterday Worked fine Yet today Outlook crashes - fails on opening Microsoft Exchange Account Hangs and then forced exit produces Microsoft error report On restarting Outlook says that quot outlookaddin dll quot caused a serious error and has been disabled Disabling it means that Outlook Cannot start Microsoft Outlook using Microsoft Exchange Profile no longer pulls down emails from Exchange Re-enabling it causes the crash Cannot start Microsoft Outlook using Microsoft Exchange Profile again Catch- Versions Dell XPS M - brand new Microsoft XP Professional SP fully patched Microsoft Office Outlook SP fully patched McAfee SecurityCenter pre-loaded by Dell I configured the Exchange profile yesterday and it worked fine Changes -- possible cuplrits -- in the meantime A large McAfee patch was installed semi-automatically Attempted to install Treo Palm Hotsync This did not complete successfully Hung while hotsyncing to Outlook Then uninstalled successfully What I ve tried but which does not fix the problem a Detect and Repair run within Outlook completes successfully b Disabled and uninstalled McAfee Spamkiller c Remove the Exchange profile through Control Panel gt Mail and create a new one with a different name Suggestions very gratefully received nbsp

A:Cannot start Microsoft Outlook using Microsoft Exchange Profile

Check out this page, it might help: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms268871(VS.80).aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-start-microsoft-outlook-using-microsoft-exchange-profile.561761/
Relevancy 68.37%

I am running Outlook bit with Windows Pro bit After installing google outlook Outlook 2010 in "Choose Annoying Profile" sync and subsequently uninstalling an annoying popup window continues to appear when I start outlook It Annoying "Choose Profile" in Outlook 2010 asks me to Choose Profile I have only one profile named quot outlook quot When you click quot options quot you can check a box that says quot check as default profile quot This does not make the annoying popup go away It still pops up the next time you start outlook After searching the web for a fix I found one promising work around Access control panel then select quot mail quot here you go in to outlook profiles and check make outlook the default profile The problem is this doesn't work with Windows bit and Outlook bit In the control panel quot mail quot is grayed out and when you click on it nothing happens Does anyone know how you can access Outlook profiles with this set-up Thanks in advance Oh and there is a very long thread in Google forums with many fixes all of which I have tried none of which have worked it is obviously a problem caused by google outlook sync but google has remained silent Share

A:Annoying "Choose Profile" in Outlook 2010

Have you tried to repair Office 2010?
Go to the Control Panel
Select Programs and Features.
Go down to Microsoft Office 2010
Select change from the menu bar.
Then select repair.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/194078-annoying-choose-profile-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have just removed a trojan 'wingdm32.dll' from my system.

Now when i start up i am presented with a windows explorer dialogue box opened in program files.

Any ideas how to stop it?

I think it might be a registry file...

A:dialogue box opens on start up

Hello and Welcome to TSF

My suggestion would be for you to post a HJT log in the Security Forum to make sure your system is clean. Please look over this link
First Steps at Removing the Malware and Posting your HJT Log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dialogue-box-opens-on-start-up-91531.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have just removed a trojan 'wingdm dll' from my system Now when i start up i am presented with a windows explorer dialogue box opened in program files Any ideas how to stop it I think it might be a registry file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at box up? on opens start Dialogue PM on Platform Windows XP Dialogue box opens on start up? SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoguard exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files WinFast WFTVFM WFWIZ exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus OPScan exe C hjt HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www aapt com au O - BHO HelperObject Class - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - no file O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run WinFast Schedule C Program Files WinFast WFTVFM WFWIZ exe O - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NVMixerTray C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NvMixerTray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run Easy-PrintToolBox C Program Files Canon Easy-PrintToolBox BJPSMAIN EXE logon O - HKLM Run PinnacleDriverChec... Read more

A:Dialogue box opens on start up?

Quote:

Now when i start up i am presented with a windows explorer dialogue box opened in program files.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. Please show me a screen shot of it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/dialogue-box-opens-on-start-up-91627.html
Relevancy 66.65%

and IE doesnt work at all DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Me at on - - Running Processes C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files LSI SoftModem agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetwk exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon outlook times opens 30+ Microsoft exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Microsoft outlook opens 30+ times HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C WINDOWS system SearchFilterHost exe C Documents and Settings Me Desktop dds scr C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp google co nz uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll mURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Go Zilla IE Helper e ff d- a - a-a ef- ba a e - c program files gozilla GozCatch dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB AVG Security Toolbar ccc a -b ca- -b a - f dd - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll TB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No File EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot c program files common files ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe quot uRun swg quot c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun DriverFinder c program files driverfinder DriverFinder exe uRun UpdateMyDrivers c program files smarttweak software updatemydrivers UpdateMyDrivers exe -t uRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exe mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -a... Read more

A:Microsoft outlook opens 30+ times

Today i got a boot error and the computer wouldnt boot but its ok now and is going to happen again....
Also i couldnt open anything because whenever i tryed to open a file/folder it would be like i was holding down shift and my keys are messing with me and files are asking if i want to delete them???????
and ive got WINWORD.EXE and OUTLOOK.EXE i had a look for them and it says its from the kangero.A worm?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434812/microsoft-outlook-opens-30-times/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello everyone,

I have a windows 8 desktop computer with 2 monitors attached. I can span the desk top across both screens. I use this for document editing, picture file, etc. No gaming. When I span a program across the 2 screens (say Xn View for my pictures) if a dialogue window comes up (say to save a picture), it usually comes up right in the middle of the desktop which is where the two screens meet. This makes it a little difficult to read and I end up dragging it to one side.

This happens with many programs so I am looking for a windows solution instead of a program specific solution.

Can I change where these dialogue windows come up? I really don't care which monitor they are centered on, just as long as they don't span the middle where the screens come together.

Thanks
-S

A:Can I change where dialogue windows opens?

How are you spanning the desktop? There are two ways this is done. One method treats the desktop as one giant window, the other treats it as two windows. If you use the built-in Windows spanning then it will work correctly, but if you are using the spanning provided by your video card maker, it may be the other method.

The other method is typically used for things like video games where you want to span a single window across the entire set of monitors, but the Windows method is used for when you want individual windows on each monitor.

The spanned method, unless there's a solution provide by your driver vendor, has no solution.. because the OS thinks it's running on one monitor.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/27745-can-i-change-where-dialogue-windows-opens.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi all, hope someone can help.
compaq laptop
Xp Home SP2
IE6

When IE6 is executed, the program starts up, displays a blank window for a few moments, and then opens up a dialogue box asking "What do you want to do the file "google.co(1)", Open, save or Cancel.

I have run CCleaner (cleaner and registry cleaner)

No problems detected from the following:
Superantisyware
Windows Defender
AVG Antirus (free)
CLAM Antivirus (USb Stick version)

I have also tried to reinstall IE6 by right click windows/inf file
Should I try scf /scannow?

Any other suggestions on how i can fix this problems.
many thanks

A:Execute IE6 opens save dialogue

Hello and welcome to TSF

I dont think sfc /scannow will help here.

I think it might be a Malware Infection....

I would recommend that you go here; read and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, to here. (Just click on the coloured links.)

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

Good luck

Please also remember DO NOT post your logs in this thread, please start a new thread here. (Just click on the coloured link.) and post the logs.

Kind regards.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/execute-ie6-opens-save-dialogue-177213.html
Relevancy 65.36%

howdy, I wonder if you could help? I have been tasked with finding a solution to a particulary annoying issue within Office 2007 Professional. The very first time you try and open up a Word Attachment within Outlook we receive an error message as follows :- "The System cannot find the file specified". If you leave Microsoft Word open and then double click the file again, the document opens.

I have tried all solutions\suggestions on how to fix this and none of these have helped. Has anyone else come across this issue and managed to resolve it?

Relevancy 65.36%

When I start Outlook (2002) Microsoft Word also opens. I tried unchecking "use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages"
This stopped Microsoft Word from opening but I lost the ability to format any fonts and also to use the spell checker for outgoing e-mails.
Anyone have any ideas?
Tks for your help
Rgds

A:Outlook 2002 Microsoft Word opens at same time

On your internet page go to --tools--internet options-programs--Which program controls your e-mail. If it's microsoft word change it to whatever your e-mail is--outlook express or outlook--etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-microsoft-word-opens-at-same-time.802112/
Relevancy 64.5%

Dear Experts Today I was fixing networking issue for one of my client router and a parallel HP printer He is using a desktop with windows XP professional SP During my work on his computer I used two softwares which are CClenaer tune up his computer browser and Kyocera Printer Driver Deleter to remove the driver for the HP printer it was not working properly When lost Microsoft outlook All of profile sudden a 2007 its I finished my work Before I left his office he was able to download a file from his outlook used as mail client for his ISP means it was working to test the printer if it prints or not I chose an option Install windows updates and shutdown and I left his office then I received a call from him telling me that his All of a sudden Microsoft outlook 2007 lost its profile outlook is not finding a file Code C Documents and Settings omrion Local Settings Application Data Microsoft Outlook tets pst When I drove back to his office and checked the file test pst I could not find such a file in the location above i e C Documents and Settings omrion Local Settings Application Data Microsoft Outlook For sure I had not touched his outlook when I was working the first time I felt embarrassed he might have thought that I had damage his outlook I checked the Control Panel -- gt Mail -- gt Data Files I found those profiles Code All of a sudden Microsoft outlook 2007 lost its profile Name Path ------- --------- Omrion s email Outlook pst in C emailfile Personal Folders Outlook pst in C All of a sudden Microsoft outlook 2007 lost its profile omrion Local Settings Application Data Microsoft I forget name test pst in C Documents and Settings omrion Local Settings Application Data Microsoft Outlook I am not sure what he had all those three files The size of the first two profiles Outlook pst are almost GB The size of test pst KB hence I deleted it What should I do to fix this issue He told me that such a problem he could not recall the exact issue happened before and someone came to fix that issue for him I tried to use either one of Outlook pst in C emailfile or Outlook pst in C omrion Local Settings Application Data Microsoft All I can see the old emails till but not afterwards Can ccleaner or Kyocera Printer Driver Deleter cause this problem How can I fix the problem It is an urgent issue please Regards nbsp

A:All of a sudden Microsoft outlook 2007 lost its profile

Make it so the folder options on his drives are set to show hidden files and folders and uncheck hide protected operating system files. Then do a search for *.pst on his C drive and find the Outlook.PST or PST file that has the most current last modified date and that should be his outlook data file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-of-a-sudden-microsoft-outlook-2007-lost-its-profile.1003323/
Relevancy 62.35%

The file selection dialogue when an app wants you to navigate to and choose a file (attached) is too small (for me). It can be resized, but anyone know how to make the new size stick as default, if it's possible? Gotta be a registry setting somewhere at least, you'd think...

A:Need a pointer to a tutorial? "Choose file" dialogue size...

Hi Wibbly,

Welcome to Vista Forums.

Try Method Two in this tutorial to see if Vista will remember how you have these windows set. After you do this, open the choose file window set how you want it and close it. When you open it again it should be the same as it was when you closed it. These windows may work on a per program basis, so you may have to set each one per program.

Windows Explorer Folder View settings

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/144176-need-pointer-tutorial-choose-file-dialogue-size.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have Windows 10 Pro. on my desktop and Windows 10 Home on my laptop. On both I have the default browser set to Internet Explorer. I'm using IE instead of Edge because I need the use of some add-ons that cannot work on Edge. My issue is that on both computers every time I click a link on a document or email I get the message in the screenshot below. When I click a link a pop up message ask "How do you want to open this". There is also a check box that says "always use this app". Even though I always check the box to always use IE, the message comes up every time. If I set Edge as the default browser I do not get that message. Anyone know of a solution for this? Thank you very much.

A:Clicking links keep asking me to choose between browsers

Try Control Panel, Default Programs, Set you default programs.
Click on Internet Explorer click on Set this program as default.

See what that does.

Go back to Default Programs and click on Associate a filetype or protocol with a program.
Scroll down to .htm, select it then click on Change program... button at top right.
Select Internet Explorer nd click OK.
Repeat for .html.

See what that does for you.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/12616-clicking-links-keep-asking-me-choose-between-browsers.html
Relevancy 60.63%

How to choose the network profile?

At the moment, the network profile is set to ?guest? in my machine. How to switch it to be ?private?, for example?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

A:How to choose the network profile?

See this tutorial: Network Location - Set to Private or Public in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/53651-how-choose-network-profile.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I m running Windows - Bit Microsoft Office Home and Business I m using Outlook for my calendar so that it will sync wirelessly to my Iphone Google is for my e-mail because I can see all of my e-mail accounts in one place After I deleted my AOL accounts I started getting a pop up message box Solved: Profile Choose wanting me to choose my Profile It asks if I want to choose Outlook cancel Outlook or pick another one If I cancel it it pops up again If I pick Outlook It Solved: Choose Profile pops ups later in the day Options has a check box to make Outlook default The box comes up again durring the day even if Solved: Choose Profile I check it Never at boot up I don t think it has anything to do with User Profile I m the only one who logs in and there is no Password Outlook is in the message box as a default The only changes that I made to the computer are deleting my AOL e-mail accounts I ve made no changes to my Iphone other than letting the phone update I m wondering if this has something to do with the syncing of my e-mail and calendar between my computer and my phone The syncing between them is working fine I can t figure out when the pop up message will accure Changing something in the programs on my Computer or Iphone doesn t seem to trigger it I copied a picture of the message box to an excel sheet and attaching it here Hope it works Mike nbsp

A:Solved: Choose Profile

It is not a sync issue. Since you have deleted AOL which is a mail profile and should have been your default profile, you get a prompt to choose a mail profile.
In Windows go to Control Panel-->Mail and choose "Show Profiles" and select "Always use this profile"
So next time you wont get this prompt.

Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-choose-profile.1125706/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Gurus I am running on Desktop Win XP Professional SP Ver Till yesterday this option worked fine today only i Open With Choose Program Opens Always => Notepad noticed that if I Right click on any file type Open With => Choose Program Opens Notepad Always e g MP DLL Open with - gt Choose Program Opens Notepad automatically Does not allow me to choose a program as it used to before I Open With => Choose Program Opens Notepad Always am using SP since two weeks now but only today this weird selection started happening Is it that i am hacked I did use nlite to generate an iso for backup purposes never used this iso file In this nlite I opted Tweaks Section - gt General Tab - gt Explorer - gt Associate additional file types with notepad explanation - Open LST CFG and NFO files by default I do not think it has any significance but wanted to mention anything i did related to notepad association So any help in this regard is greatly appreciated by me and my kids and my grand kids

A:Open With => Choose Program Opens Notepad Always

I would try a system restore first of all if that does not help post a reply. Try a few days before the problem then a week or two before the problem if it does not help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/146464/open-with-choose-program-opens-notepad-always/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello all,
I am having the user profile service error failed the logon, user profile cannot be loaded while trying to logon to a domain user name with Windows 7. I have tried unjoining the domain and rejoining and that didn't work. I have also tried looking in the
Local Registry under profilepath and that profile isn't even listed (because it's never even been logged onto that particular PC). I really need to get this working. Is there anything else I can do?
Thank you,
Shauna

shauna dixon

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f3d6f57f-6b88-4c28-9344-f808777e5968/user-profile-error-profile-will-not-load-tried-the-microsoft-suggestions-and-didnt-help?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,
I have bought a sony waio laptop last December. I installed winrar 4.2 64bit. But whenever I open any zipped folder and chose to open a specific file, winrar would extract out that file. Then, instead of opening that file, it would open any random file from the folder in which the zipped folder exists (i.e. it would open any file outside the zipped folder).
I have tried re-installing. I have also tried running the program into Vista and windows 7 compatibility mode but none helps.
System configuration:
Model No : Sony Vaio SVS15125CNB
Operating System Windows 8 64 bit
Intel Core i5-3210M Processor 2.50 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.10 GHz
RAM 4 GB DDR3
Graphics Accelerator NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE GPU(SPEED MODE) / Intel HD Graphics 4000(STAMINA MODE)
Dedicated Video Memory 2 GB DDR3 (SPEED MODE)
Display - Type 15.5 (39.37 cms) wide (Full HD: 1920 x 1080) TFT colour display (VAIO Display Plus, LED backlight)
Please help....
Thanks

A:Winrar extracts files i choose to open & opens random file

Hello Carox, welcome to the forums.

It may be due to an older zip format that the archive was created with or some bugs that may exist related to Winrar and zip.
Maybe the program's settings that cover archiving are changed from defaults. If you uninstall, the program's settings are kept and a new reinstall will use them again.

Known normal behavior:
If you open an archive within another archive (zip in zip for instance) then the inner archive will be extracted to temp first and then opened.

Try other programs as well: Winrar 5.00 beta and 7-Zip 9.20 to see how the archive gets opened.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/29800-winrar-extracts-files-i-choose-open-opens-random-file.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi A few days ago a google me occasionally dialogue is Infected and something, anything, with without doing occasionally opens redirected. box random dialogue box started opening virus scans detected a heightened number of Trojans and google searches Infected with something, dialogue box opens occasionally without me doing anything, and google is occasionally redirected. would occasionally be redirected I managed to open the folder location of the dialogue box and it was under something called quot Sanctioned Media quot and a google search of this led me to you Running x bit Windows and Apple Safari web browser DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by Matthew at on - - Microsoft Infected with something, dialogue box opens occasionally without me doing anything, and google is occasionally redirected. Windows Home Premium GMT AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- Infected with something, dialogue box opens occasionally without me doing anything, and google is occasionally redirected. - - C A FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Mobile Broadband Connect BecHelperService exe C Program Files Motorola Bluetooth devmgrsrv exe C Program Files Motorola Bluetooth audiosrv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files DAZ D Content Management Service ContentManagementServer exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows SysWOW ezSharedSvcHost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Client Services HPClientServices exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPWMISVC exe C Program Files x Realtek Realtek PCIE Card Reader RIconMan exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Windows system mfevtps exe c Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE c Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files x StartNow Toolbar ToolbarUpdaterService exe C Windows System Drivers WTSRV EXE C Windows system rundll exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Motorola Bluetooth obexsrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Auto HPAuto exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework hpsa service exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Window... Read more

A:Infected with something, dialogue box opens occasionally without me doing anything, and google is occasionally redirected.

Hello Matt1492, Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

Finally, please reply using the ADD REPLY button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.1.Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.2.Install Recovery Console and Run ComboFixThis tool is not a toy. If used the wrong way you could trash your computer. Please use only under direction of a Helper. If you decide to do so anyway, please do not blame me or ComboFix.Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. Link 1Link 2 Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.Close any open windows, including this one.Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Note:The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help youshould your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a sim... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441323/infected-with-something-dialogue-box-opens-occasionally-without-me-doing-anything-and-google-is-occasionally-redirected/
Relevancy 57.62%

Sometimes while I am surfing the net Firefox Mozilla opens new tabs if I am not quick to close them it causes the opening of Windows Media player My Avira Antivir does not find any malware In addiction when I keep my PC turned on for hours a Win -error occurs and many programs do not work Here s my HiJackThis log file hope you can help me Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Mozilla without opens clicking Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Mozilla opens without clicking Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Programmi QuickTime qttask exe C Programmi Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Programmi Java jre bin jusched exe C Programmi Apoint K Apoint exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Programmi Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Programmi HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Programmi hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Programmi Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Programmi Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Programmi File comuni Real Update OB realsched exe C Programmi DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Programmi Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Programmi Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Programmi Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Programmi WIDCOMM Software Bluetooth BTTray exe C Programmi ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Programmi Apoint K Apntex exe C Programmi Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Programmi WIDCOMM Software Bluetooth bin btwdins exe C Programmi File comuni LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Programmi Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Programmi ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Programmi HPQ shared hpqwmi exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Antonio Bonetti Documenti Download HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www corriere it R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Collegamenti F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C Documents and Settings Antonio Bonetti Dati applicazioni sdra exe C WINDOWS system sdra exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programmi Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Documents and Settings All Users WINDOWS Dati applicazioni Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Programmi Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Guida per l accesso a Windows Live - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Programmi File comuni Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Programmi Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Vista HP - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C Programmi HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIM... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mozilla-opens-without-clicking.953776/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I seem to have a peculiar problem with my Seagate 1TB external HDD running on 32bit win7. I have transferred movies to this HDD with different formats and am using it as my media storage but when I open Southpark movie files...Videos of Modern Family keep playing.

I have tried rebuilding the Index files but to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Clicking on one movie and another opens

I would say start over, delete what you have on the external and copy it over again.

Problem still there ?

Dumb question but, are you positive it`s Southpark ?

How would you ever wind up with Modern Family video on your PC on purpose

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384354-clicking-one-movie-another-opens.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I seem to have a peculiar problem with my Seagate 1TB external HDD running on 32bit win7. I have transferred movies to this HDD with different formats and am using it as my media storage but when I open Southpark movie files...Videos of Modern Family keep playing.

I have tried rebuilding the Index files but to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Clicking on one movie and another opens

I would say start over, delete what you have on the external and copy it over again.

Problem still there ?

Dumb question but, are you positive it`s Southpark ?

How would you ever wind up with Modern Family video on your PC on purpose

http://www.sevenforums.com/music-pictures-video/384354-clicking-one-movie-another-opens.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My Avira without opens clicking Mozilla antivir finds malwares and can t remove them The most frequent malware s name is Crypt PEPM Gen In addiction Firefox Mozilla opens new tabs with false viruses warning Here s my HiJackThis log file hope you can help me Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss Mozilla opens without clicking exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Programmi QuickTime qttask exe C Programmi Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Programmi Java jre bin jusched exe C Programmi Apoint K Apoint exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Programmi Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Programmi HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Programmi hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Programmi Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Programmi Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Programmi File comuni Real Update OB realsched exe C Programmi DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Programmi Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Programmi Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSync exe C Programmi ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Programmi Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSuite exe C Programmi Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Programmi WIDCOMM Software Bluetooth BTTray exe C Programmi Apoint K Apntex exe C Programmi Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Programmi WIDCOMM Software Bluetooth bin btwdins exe C Programmi File comuni LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Programmi Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Programmi File comuni Nokia MPAPI MPAPI s exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Programmi ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Programmi eMule emule exe C Programmi PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Programmi HPQ shared hpqwmi exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Programmi Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Programmi PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclUSBSrv exe C Programmi PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclRSSrv exe C Programmi Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Programmi Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings Antonio Bonetti Documenti Download HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www corriere it R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Collegamenti F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C Documents and Settings Antonio Bonetti Dati applicazioni sdra exe C WINDOWS system sdra exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programmi Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Documents and Settings All Users WINDOWS Dati applicazioni Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Programmi Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Guida per l accesso a Windows Live - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Programmi File comuni Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Programmi Google GoogleToolbarNotifier... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mozilla-opens-without-clicking.939673/
Relevancy 57.62%

Bought windows 8, and everything immidietly opens if my mouse is over. I don't click, it is just over a link, or an app, and it is opens.

And YESS, I did not chose at mouse setup, the function.

Please, what to do?

A:Help! Mouse opens everything without clicking in w8

Hello Frocli, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Double check using the tutorial below to make sure that you have "Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse" unchecked in Ease of Access Center.

Mouse Hover Makes Window Active - Enable - Windows 7 Help Forums
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/23357-help-mouse-opens-everything-without-clicking-w8.html
Relevancy 56.76%

hello in a computer at work i have this problem when i double click on the C drive or D in My Computer it doesn t open but the Open With Tab opens so thats usually shows that there is some kind of virus or spyware on the PC so i ran all kinds of Antivirus and Antispyware on the PC and lot of the ones listed here and they cleaned a lot of virus but the problem persists when i right click on one of the drives it and press on OPEN or EXPLORE or SEARCH or anything it gives the same result the Open With tabs Opens is hould note here that i can access the drives normally from the Start gt run gt C and the information on them is intact i read somewhere on the net that i should a value in the registry but that also didn t work Any help i don t want to format HD thanks

A:Double Clicking On C: Or D: Opens The Open With Tab.

From what you describe, it appears to be a flash drive infection. Symptoms include the inability to open drives/partitions.Flash drive infections usually involve malware that loads an autorun.inf file into the root folder of all drives (internal, external, removable). When the removable media is inserted, autorun looks for autorun.inf and automatically executes a malicious autorun.bat file which calls wscript.exe to run autorun.vbs on your computer. When a flash drive becomes infected, the Trojan will infect a system when the removable media is inserted if autorun has not been disabled.Please insert your flash drive before we begin!Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.Reboot your computer when done.Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive that is plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.Then perform at least one of these online Virus scans:(The following require Internet Explorer to work. Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component. If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)BitDefender Online Scanner <- Add a check by "Autoclean" and choose the option to "Quarantine".ESET Nod32 Online Scanner <- Vista compatible but Internet Explorer must be Run as Administrator.F-Secure Online Scanner. <- Follow the directions on the F-Secure page for proper Installation. (also checks for rootkits) (Vista compatible)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123664/double-clicking-on-c-or-d-opens-the-open-with-tab/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey - Had this problem at the end of last year as well If and hopefully when I get this problem fixed up pop Google opens a Clicking Searches I would love some suggestions for computer protection Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOW System smss exeC WINDOW Clicking Google Searches opens a pop up system winlogon exeC WINDOW system services exeC WINDOW system lsass exeC WINDOW system svchost exeC WINDOW System svchost exeC WINDOW Explorer EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer Iexplore exeC WINDOW system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOW System nvsvc exeC WINDOW system HPZipm exeC WINDOW System svchost exeC WINDOW System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOW System bcmwltry exeC WINDOW System svchost exeC WINDOW system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO IEocx Class - ec - - a-a -c bc - C WINDOW ieocx dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKCU Run AdobeUpdater quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe Updater AdobeUpdater exe quot O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exeO - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip D E - F- E - - A BC CDA NameServer O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip F C B - BA - -A - AFCBB D E NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip D E - F- E - - A BC CDA NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip D E - F- E - - A BC CDA NameServer O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip Parameters NameServer O - Service Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc - C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeO - Service Bonjour Service - Apple Inc - C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeO - Service iPod Service - Apple Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeO - Service NVIDIA Driver Helper Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOW System nvsvc exeO - Service Pml Driver HPZ - HP - C WINDOW system HPZipm exeO - Service Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service wltrysvc - Unknown owner - C WINDOW System WLTRYSVC EXE--End of file - bytes

A:Clicking Google Searches opens a pop up

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<info.txt can also be found at c:\RSIT\info.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/218948/clicking-google-searches-opens-a-pop-up/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey when I click a folder instead of showing the folders contents it opens a search box. Is there anyway of changing this back?

Thanks

Relevancy 56.76%

so i dunno what i horked one day...but for the past year when i double click a folder ( i.e My Documents or files contained within ) i get the search box instead of the folder opening right up. In order for me to open a folder, i need to right-click and 'open'

any way for me to tweak this back into some sort of normalcy?

/McK

Relevancy 56.33%

I have windows xp and when I click on a link, it opens two windows that are the same. It started doing this recently and is very annoying. I'm only clicking the link once and it used to open just one window. Also i have outlook express and when I delete one email, it automatically deletes it and the one above it. That just started about the same time as the double windows. We have all kinds of things to remove spyware and such so I don't think it would be that. Do you think it might be a "mouse" problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clicking-a-link-opens-double-windows.750911/
Relevancy 56.33%

All of a sudden out of no where when I double click a folder it a search window opens instead of opening the folder. When I right click the folder it lists Search in bold as the first option then open below it. Does anyone know how I change this back to the way it has worked since the dawn of time, I can't understand why it just went wacko on me all of a sudden. I can still right click and click open, but that can take for ever to get to a folder deep inside another folder.
I hope someone knows how to fix this.

A:Double clicking a folder searches instead of opens it

I found the answer, windows just randomly screws up.
click run under the start menu then copy and paste this
regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
Then click ok and in seconds your fixed until windows craps out and decides it bored and does it again. I am beginning to think that the people who work for microsoft are no where near as intelligent as they think are. Oh neat I just looked at the time on my computer and it is all retarded too, wonderful, lets see what else is retarded. I guess there is no such thing as simply using a computer anymore, vista does not work, now sp3 has made my xp pro retarded, How can microsoft continue to sell software and charge as much as they do, everything the touch is defective, name one microsoft product that work?????? I thought I would give there Onecare antivirus a chance, yeah what a joke that was I got viruses and spyware in very little time, back to avg free for me until someone makes an antivirus that truly works, I am not paying for anything except maybe some bootlegged pirated software, I do believe in stealing seems how most of the crap is not worth paying for, at all. It is like selling a new home that only has a few holes in the roof and is missing some doors, can you still call it a house sure, and sell it for the same price as if it were a complete house.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/double-clicking-a-folder-searches-instead-of-opens-it-277297.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm having the same problem described in this closed thread: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/753837-open-dvd-drive-opens-my.html

When I double-click on the CD/DVD drive letter (D: a folder opens that contains everything in My Documents folder. There are little black, down-facing, arrows on each folder, though. I don't know what these arrows mean, and when I open the My Documents folder the normal way there are no such arrows.

This happens whether there is a disc in the drive or not, and with no disc in there at all.

I cannot use right-click>open, or right-click>explore, either (same thing happens).

I have tried deleting the drive from Device Manager and re-installing, but get the same behavior. Changing drive letters does not work.

Please help!

Relevancy 56.33%

Windows 7

I ran the Sfc /scannow and I show no problems

All I have to do is move the mouse and all kinds of windows start opening.

It appears to me that the opening software is not related to where the mouse cursor is located.

I can access the command line.

I have run Malwarebyte, Security essentials, spybot thinking I might have some kind of problem.

Is there a virus or malware with symptoms like this?

I cannot do anything on the desktop, because as soon as I move the mouse onto the gui things start popping open. If I do click on control panel another software will open over that location and I cannotdo anything there.

Safe mode is about the only way I can use the mouse.

Any suggestions...

A:moving mouse opens software without clicking

What type of mouse are you using, and do you have software installed for it?

Do you have another mouse you can try to see if it still does it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344222-moving-mouse-opens-software-without-clicking.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I normally use Firefox but sometimes use IE9. When using IE9 if I click on a link in page I'm viewing a new tab opens up as it is supposed to but the content won't load. It's just a blank page. I found this "fix" http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=artikel&cat=42&id=133&artlang=en that 'seems' to be what I need but when I tried it I could not see how to click on a 'cmd' link. Anyway, I'm not quite savvy enough to know what I did wrong so I need some expert advice.

Running Windows 7 Home Prem. 64Bit I do not have the above problem in Firefox. And I do think a trial version of Norton was on this HP machine when I bought it new in 2011. I deleted it.

Thanks!!

Relevancy 56.33%

whenever I right click while on a web page, link instead of getting a menu list of options to follow, the one I usually wish to use being 'open page in new tab', instead a whole new IE browser page always opens automatically, before the menu of options get a chance to appear - as it were.

I'm using Win XP Pro with MS IE v.8

Has anyone else experience this and has a simple or straightforward fix.

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/right-clicking-on-link-auto-opens-new-browser-471118.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Today something weird started happening Everytime that I left click anywhere on my clicking Halpz! new tabs O_O Left opens firefox window a new tab opens with a quot Dummy test quot advertisement This means that when I try to close the tab with another left click a new tab opens and this is pretty much an endless process P It looks like I can out-speed the tabs If I close them all fast enough they stop spawning O but this is extremely annoying They also keep opening until I do something About tabs opened when I didn't click on anything for like sec This only affects my left click every few minutes Once I close all the random tabs it leaves me in peace for some moments But it is not website-dependant because it happened to me on google as well Clicking on a google link opens that tab instead of counting my click towards the link Meaning that everything becomes unclickable until I've dealt with those tabs I won't give you a link to the virus whatever page because I don't want to get people Halpz! Left clicking opens new tabs O_O infected by it P So I took a screenshot here it is Does anyone know what could be the source of this My antivirus didn't get anything after a full scan Microsoft security essencials - pro anti-virus I know I also can't find anything about this on google Thank you in advance

A:Halpz! Left clicking opens new tabs O_O

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

a link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined below.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/halpz-left-clicking-opens-new-tabs-o_o-683934.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all,

I know this is not a new problem to windows. My browser will open a search window searching exactly the same folder name I was double clicking on moments earlier. I tried to regedit according to what was suggested for windows xp, restarted the laptop, but to no avail. The problem remains.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!!!

A:HELP! Search opens when double clicking on folder

To add on, I've noticed that it always open the search using baidu.com, a chinese search engine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-search-opens-when-double-clicking-on-folder.866932/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello I am having an issue with my mouse on my Lenovo X running Win Home Premium bit This laptop is about months old - and the issue clicking hovering - just by opens Mouse everything cursor without started about a month ago The problem - at times - usually after using the laptop for - minutes the mouse cursor starts to go a bit crazy It will open and or close anything it is near - programs webpages files - resize windows move windows as I try to move the cursor to the X to close the program and it will highlight randomly - deleting text that I am typing - all without me clicking or doing anything When it happens the laptop is nearly unusable - any mouse cursor motion can cause any number of things to happen nearly at once - once it rested on the open a new window tab in Chrome and about windows opened all at once I use a Logictech M mouse - not the touchpad and the same thing has happened with three different mice But - the same behavior does occur if I try using the touchpad when things get really bad with the mouse I am fearful that something will get opened or started that I don't want - it is just very very sensitive and very unpredictable when it happens Here is what I have done so far Had Norton run a deep scan for viruses along with my normal scan - nothing found Updated latest MS updates Norton updates updated the display drivers updated NET at Norton's suggestion updated JAVA Uninstalled and reinstalled all USB controllers Reinstalled mouse - tried in all USB ports - same behavior Tried different mice Mouse cursor opens everything without clicking - just by hovering - same thing Tried to update all mouse drivers - none needed updating Unchecked quot activate window by hovering quot in Ease of use settings in Control Panel Set mouse to double click Disabled trackpad tapping thought I don't use the trackpad or accidentally brush against it while typing Note all USB controllers HID settings and Mice settings are set to NOT let the laptop manage power or wake as I also have had an ongoing sleep issue - another story I see that this is a well documented issue with Win on many forums and there is lots of advice - none seems to work There must be a way to disable this quot open just by hovering for a millisecond quot behavior in Win - as this seems not to be a specific mouse issue though that is where it is seen I have not called Lenovo as of yet - hoping to get a fix from the forums I had read of some registry setting that might work - but can't seem to locate something that will prevent this behavior As I said - it is not constant - but once it starts I can't type can't move the mouse without having things pop open or clsoe and the laptop is basically unusable till I restart - if I can get to that without setting off a chain reaction of other things opening Laptop specs Lenovo Thinkpad X Win Home Premium bit SP and up to date i processor with GHz GB HDD GB RAM Logictech mouse Norton Internet Security anything else Thanks to anyone who can help - I am about at my wits end TN

A:Mouse cursor opens everything without clicking - just by hovering

Hello,

As all the solutions you have tried have not worked, we need to see if this is happening in different operating systems apart from Windows 7. If it happens in them too, it must be a hardware problem, not a software one.

To get into a different operating system, follow these steps:Restart the computer.
When the computer is booting up, rapidly press the F8 key.
You should then see a screen with options like "Safe Mode" and "Safe Mode with Networking". Using the arrow keys, scroll to the top of them all, and "Repair your Computer" should be highlighted. Press the Enter key.
Your computer should then be booting into the Windows 7 Recovery Environment. This is a completley isolated version of Windows 7 that can be used to repair your installed operating system. This itself is a completley different operating system, so if you get the problem in this, you are having a hardware issue.
You should see a "Windows is loading files..." page, let it do its thing. It might take a while.
You should be greeted by a login screen. Login using your normal username and password.
Attempt to move your mouse. If you are having the same problem, it might be a hardware issue.
Restart your computer by pressing the small "Restart" button at the bottom of the dialog. Or, if you do not need the computer, press "Shut Down" instead.

If you are not having the problem in the recovery environment, it is a problem with Windows 7. It may be a program running in the background. If you are not having the problem in the recovery environment, then post back and I will tell you how to fix the problem.

If you are having the problem in the recovery environment, then there may have been a hardware change, being BIOS settings or something like that. There might have been a BIOS change that is incompatible with Windows 7, so if you still have the issue in the recovery environment, post back telling me that and I will tell you how to test a Linux operating system, and see if that has the problem.

techhead287

If this post helped you, then help me out by pressing the small "Add to techhead287's Reputation" button at the top of this post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/311486-mouse-cursor-opens-everything-without-clicking-just-hovering.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I searched to see if anybody had the same issue, but no luck! I have a Xbox with a mod chip and a 120gig HD....it worked fine for a couple of days, but now when i try to go into the emulators and play the old school games, I start to hear clicking inside my xbox...now when i turn it own, it tries to load (i hear the clicking) and the CD drive pops out when i turn it on and it doesn't want to stay closed (have to slowly force it closed)...and a black screen with green words stating to seek Xbox support pops up (can't play my xbox now)

Is this a hard drive issue with the clicking??? Only happens when i was trying my emulators, but the saved games that are Xbox games, there were no issues. Just wondering if there is a solution or am i doomed with my Xbox????

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello, and first of all, thanks for reading on this fine Christmas eve. My computer has been bugging me to death to the point that i have to ask for help, which is unusual, because i normally find solutions through others answers.

However, i have seen many methods of correcting this, however sadly none of them have worked for me, i think it may be because they were designed for WIN XP, and I'm running Vista Home Premium.

First of all, i have the open each folder in the same window checked. And another thing is IE7 won't run, i think maybe these problems may be connected, but thats not too big of a problem, as i mainly use Firefox.

Thanks in advance, i look forward receiving help from this wonderful community.

A:Double Clicking on folder opens in new window?

Come on now... don't be shy.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/double-clicking-on-folder-opens-in-new-window-205568.html
Relevancy 55.47%

For the last couple of weeks, every time I click on a link or any part of the page I'm on for that matter, a strange new webpage window pops up. For example, if I am on amazon.com and I click on something, a new page pops up whose address is something like amazon.ievbz.com. Then 2 seconds later the address changes to some thing much more complicated. Then last time this happened it was some suspicious looking survey announcement.

Unfortunately the only workaround is to close the offending page, minimize the site I'm on, restore it and only then I can click on a desired link ... which is annoying.

I've run Malwarebytes and Avast, but to no avail. Is there a way to fix this? It may have come from the last software I downloaded, VLC Media Player, but I don't know

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Clicking on webpages opens up strange undesired pages

Hello!

Please follow our First Steps and post your logfiles of DDS and GMER. Thank you!

Pleease also post logfiles from Avast and Malwarebytes, we really need those informiations too.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/clicking-on-webpages-opens-up-strange-undesired-pages-698006.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When an attempt is made to access the Internet or open a program, the computer rapidly opens lots of episodes of the same program on its own. Norton Antivirus has been run several times with no virus detected, and Spybot has also been run with no spyware detected. Spyware Blaster also guarding the computer. Any ideas about what could cause this?

A:Solved: Clicking on a program opens multiple episodes

Hiya

Are you still having this problem? If so, even though the programs say you're clean, lets see a log, just to see if its totally clean. go to http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip , and download 'Hijack This!'.
Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log somewhere, and please copy & paste its contents to the forum.

It will possibly show other issues deserving our attention, but most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.
Someone here will be happy to help you analyze the results.

Also, if it is clean, it may be something in your startup list that may be conflicting.

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-clicking-on-a-program-opens-multiple-episodes.420573/
Relevancy 55.47%

Firefox Opens two Windows when clicking external links

When clicking external links (from Emails), if Firefox is closed it will open two windows; One with the last web page visited and a second with the actual link. However, if Firefox is open, the external link will just open in a new tab as instructed. I've looked on the web, and other people have the same issue, but nobody has found a solution. Please help.

A:Firefox Opens two Windows when clicking external links

Tools>Options>General tab
What is your setting for "When Firefox starts:"?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388513/firefox-opens-two-windows-when-clicking-external-links/
Relevancy 55.47%

When I click on a link, sometimes the new page appears on the upper 1/3 of the screen. I then have to maximize the page. This does not occur when I first open IE6.
Any suggestions to have all pages open full screen?

A:Solved: clicking a link opens the new page problem

Open up internet explorer
Open up a link that opens a second window @ 1/3 of the page
Now hold the CTRL key
Use your mouse to grab each side of that page dragging it to the limits of your screen. This includes both sides, top and bottom
Now leave that screen up and open
Switch to your original Internet Explorer page
Hold CTRL key, mouse click on FILE then on EXIT
Now go back to your other page
Hold CTRL key, mouse click on FILE then on EXIT

That should solve your inconvenience for the time being.
Please be aware, Internet Explorer remembers it&#8217;s last state when you close it! So, if something changes the page size, it will remember the next time and you will have to do it all again!

There may be a registry setting for fixing this, but I haven't had time to research it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-clicking-a-link-opens-the-new-page-problem.565473/
Relevancy 55.47%

I m using Windows Vista updated within clicking opens icon With' 'Open when program any option the past - days A couple of days ago AVGFree stopped a virus it indicated the name was not known from downloading to my computer It moved it to the vault 'Open With' option opens when clicking any program icon and strongly recommended I reboot to remove all traces of the virus I did so but experienced a problem on the reboot When the desktop appeared everything was placed where it was supposed to be with some exceptions The sidebar and all gadgets did not appear Not all of the icons in the task bar appeared When clicking on any icons a window opens and asks Open with I was able to run a virus scan with only two trojans appearing in the sun java folder fakeAV Both files were removed by AVGFree I rebooted and the same happens I tried running System Restore a couple of times and received a message that there were no restore points On the th or th attempt there was a restore point I used it with no difference I also tried using the Startup Repair utility with no problems showing Could it be possible that when AVGFree removed the virus it also removed some important files that Windows needs to finish the startup process Or is there something more insidious going on Any help would be appreciated

A:'Open With' option opens when clicking any program icon

Hello. that may be the case. First run SFC for issues 1 and 2Please run SFC (System File Checker) Please run System File Checker sfc /scannow... For more information on this tool see How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System FilesNOTE for Vista/WIN 7 users..The command needs to be run from an Elevated Command Prompt.Click Start, type cmd into the Start/Search box,right-click cmd.exe in the list above and select 'Run as Administrator'You will need your operating system CD handy.Open Windows Task Manager....by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESCThen click File.. then New Task(Run)In the box that opens type sfc /scannow ......There is a space between c and /Click OKLet it run and insert the CD when asked.For Item 3Go to File association fixes for Windows VistaClick the exe boxInstructions:To fix the association for a particular file type, download the corresponding fix from the above links table (Use Right-click - Save as option in your browser to download the fixes). Unzip the fix and extract the .REG file to the Desktop. Right-click the REG file and choose Merge. Note that you need to be an administrator to apply these fixes.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397502/open-with-option-opens-when-clicking-any-program-icon/
Relevancy 55.47%

For some reason on my XP machine, it recently started opening minesweeper when I try to click on a network or mapped drive (and won't open the mapped drive). I've tried dropping and reconnecting - and it's still doing it. Any ideas?

Relevancy 55.47%

I have something going on that whenever I click on a link it opens up various advertising windows or windows asking surveys advertising opens / Clicking 8 links unrelated and Win me to take surveys etc etc I downloaded Roguekiller and ran a scan the content of Clicking links opens unrelated advertising and surveys / Win 8 the report is below Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks RogueKiller V Sep by Adlice Softwaremail http www adlice com contact Feedback http forum adlice comWebsite http www adlice com softwares roguekiller Blog http www adlice comOperating System Windows bits versionStarted in Normal modeUser Tim Admin rights Mode Scan -- Date Bad processes Suspicious Path AsPatchTouchPanel exe -- C ProgramData AsTouchPanel AsPatchTouchPanel exe - gt KILLED TermProc Suspicious Path rundll exe -- c progra perfor PerformanceOptimizerSvc dll - - gt UNLOADED Suspicious Path rundll exe -- c progra perfor perfor dll - - gt UNLOADED Registry Entries PUM Dns X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer - gt FOUND PUM Dns X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System ControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer - gt FOUND PUM Dns X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters Interfaces A FC - - - - B E C DhcpNameServer - gt FOUND PUM Dns X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters Interfaces A A -C - F A-B F - BF EB DhcpNameServer - gt FOUND PUM Dns X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System ControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters Interfaces A FC - - - - B E C DhcpNameServer - gt FOUND PUM Dns X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System ControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters Interfaces A A -C - F A-B F - BF EB DhcpNameServer - gt FOUND PUM DesktopIcons X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer HideDesktopIcons NewStartPanel D FE - AEA- -A D - B D - gt FOUND PUM DesktopIcons X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer HideDesktopIcons NewStartPanel a - f - a - c - fe b ee - gt FOUND PUM DesktopIcons X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer HideDesktopIcons NewStartPanel D FE - AEA- -A D - B D - gt FOUND PUM DesktopIcons X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer HideDesktopIcons NewStartPanel a - f - a - c - fe b ee - gt FOUND Suspicious Path X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Windows AppInit DLLs C PROGRA PERFOR PERFOR DLL - gt FOUND Suspicious Path X HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Windows AppInit DLLs c progra perfor perfor dll - gt FOUND Scheduled tasks Suspicious Path ASUS Patch for Touch Panel -- C ProgramData AsTouchPanel AsPatchTouchPanel exe - gt FOUND Files HOSTS File Antirootkit Driver NOT LOADED xc b Web browsers MBR Check PhysicalDrive ST LT - WS --- User --- MBR ed e a dd e ba BSP b a e c cbd e Empty MBR CodePartition table - XXXXXX UNKNOWN x VISIBLE Offset sectors Size MBUser LL OKUser LL OK

A:Clicking links opens unrelated advertising and surveys / Win 8

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.POST THE LOG FOR MY REVIEW.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.How is the computer running?Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550203/clicking-links-opens-unrelated-advertising-and-surveys-win-8/
Relevancy 55.47%

Well, I was mucking about with my icons, and now when I try to open a folder in Windows Explorer by double-clicking it, a Search window open instead! I've looked at my Folder Options under Control Panel, and it is still set to open upon double-click.

Que pasa?

A:Double-Clicking a Folder Opens a Search Window

Windows Explorer Opens Search Companion Rather than the Folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/double-clicking-a-folder-opens-a-search-window.491198/
Relevancy 55.47%

On this one computer running Windows XP SP2, double clicking on a folder icon in Windows Explorer brings up a search window. Also, the context menu for a folder (right click) shows SEARCH as the first option. All other computers I've used open the folder with double clicking.
My question is "How can I modify the system so that double click opens the folder instead of a search window?"

Thanks

A:Double Clicking On Folder Opens Search Window

WARNING:This is a registry edit.Improper changes to the registry could render your computer inoperable.Remember to backup the registry, before making any changes.Instructions, on how to do that, can be found here:How to back up, edit, and restore the registryTry this:kellys-kornerSearch Opens When Double Clicking A Folder - #18, on the Righthttp://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95168/double-clicking-on-folder-opens-search-window/
Relevancy 55.47%

Just as the title says, when we click Help in Word, Outlook, etc - all the apps that installed with Office 2007, we get the Online Help window, but it is empty.

It was not like that originally, but we do not know when it began. Worried that reinstalling Office will wipe out our custom templates, words, macros, add-ins, etc etc. so hoping there is a registry pointer to be fixed, or content from the install cd's that we can just extract and place on the hard drive where they are needed. Or maybe the firewall is blocking content from appearing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clicking-help-in-any-office-2007-app-opens-an-empty-window.906094/
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm working on a laptop for someone and I can't say I've ever seen this before. The default action for double clicking any folder on the computer is to open Search. If I right click on a folder, the bold (and thus default) option is search and the "open" option is a secondary one, but does open the folder when selected. I can't imagine how it got like this and resetting the defaults on every option in the Folder Options area didn't fix it. Anyone know how to fix this very odd problem?

A:[SOLVED] double clicking a folder opens search

okay, quick update. This was most likely caused by the virus that was on it first of all. Secondly, I pinned it down. If I open folder options and go to File Types and find "folder" the default action is Open and Explore is another option. If I click advanced on "file folder" the only action in the list is "find" and that's it. If I hit new to add another action, it wants an application to open it with so I'm not sure how to regenerate the original "open" option.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-double-clicking-a-folder-opens-search-529099.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I hope this makes sense...

I have a Dell laptop that I bought a couple of months ago. From the beginning, when the mouse arrow comes in contact with a link, it automatically opens that link. This affects me when I'm scrolling through a bunch of links or a forum because it is constantly opening more tabs. I would like to change it to "normal" when a left click is required to open a link.

Any ideas??

Belinda

A:Link opens when arrow comes in contact with it, instead of me left clicking it...

SimAli9702 said:

I hope this makes sense...

I have a Dell laptop that I bought a couple of months ago. From the beginning, when the mouse arrow comes in contact with a link, it automatically opens that link. This affects me when I'm scrolling through a bunch of links or a forum because it is constantly opening more tabs. I would like to change it to "normal" when a left click is required to open a link.

Any ideas??

Belinda[/QUOTE

Windows explorer>tools>folder options. Here you can set your clicks.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/link-opens-when-arrow-comes-in-contact-with-it-instead-of-me-left-clicking-it.561144/
Relevancy 55.47%

This has been going on for the last month and I'm not sure wheat changed to set it back.
Im using IE 10 windows seven. Homepage is set to google. After doing a search and google I I click on any of the link of the results from the search, it goes to tht page but always in a new tab. I would rather have these new pages open in same tab so I can easily go back using back button to the results of search. any idea what may have changed and how to I get it back to the way I'm used to?

A:IE10 Clicking on google search results opens new tab always?

Open up Internet Options and look at the following:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511385/ie10-clicking-on-google-search-results-opens-new-tab-always/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello folks,
I just joined and of course I have a problem that I cant seem to figure out.

I have a machine that is connected to a small network. I have a network drive mapped and every time I double-click to open the network drive the 'my Documents' folder opens up instead. I have also noticed that when I right-click the network drive there are some invalid characters on the right-click menu that start with ?? (eg: ??2, ???3, ????4).

I have norton antivirus 2008 installed, I have my explorer set to view hidden files and folders and dispay hiddon operating system files and performed a full scan which results in nothing being found. According the the antivirus software I have a clean system. I'm stuck, does anyone out there have any ideas what is going on and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance..

A:Right Clicking On Network Drive Opens My Documents Folder

Same problem, different application opens. Might be of some helphttp://www.compatdb.org/support/topics/156...ith_dialog.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/171723/right-clicking-on-network-drive-opens-my-documents-folder/
Relevancy 55.47%

dear sir,
till yesterday. it was ok. since today morning, this problem appears. when i double click a folder to open it, it asks for permission to open with windows command processor. if i click on yes, a command prompt appears and commands keep on scrolling. if i right click on the folder, then the first option that comes is "take ownership". i am using microsoft security essentials. i have scanned with that as well as malwarebytes antimalware but the problem persists.

A:double clicking a folder opens a command prompt

Can you remember if you did anything just before the problem started? Download/install a new program? Install Windows Updates? Change any computer settings? Go to a new website you've never visited before?

You can try using a restore point that goes back to before the problem started. Be aware that a system restore will also uninstall programs that were installed after the date of the selected restore point.

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/264940-double-clicking-folder-opens-command-prompt.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am running windows 7 64 bit, Outlook 2007. Outlook will no longer add a new contact. After entering in new contact information fields, I hit save and new" and receive the error message open dialogue box. If I hit save and close I do not get this error message...the result is the same... no new contact shows up in the address book. I have tried a new email profile, re entered my profile in the existing profile. The new contact does however show up in my icloud contacts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-open-dialogue-error.1107425/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey everyone, so recently I put a PCI video card in an older computer, it's an HP a220n. Apparently though, before I put it in my brother was having a problem with the computer rebooting, now if I go into windows normally and click on the profile, the computer reboots.

Thing is, if I go into safe mode, the computer will stay on for hours on end without a hitch, already did a memtest, searched for any viruses or anything that could maybe be causing it, did a chkdsk too. I haven't gotten a resolution yet, next I'm gonna try just using the onboard video again and disable to new card and see what happens. Does anyone have any other ideas of what could be causing this? Thanks!

Relevancy 55.04%

When i double click on local disk C it opens up search. I think this may be something to do with file types in folder options but im not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Here is a screenshot of the folder option

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

i'm encountering a starnge problem.
it occurs for specific files extentions (aspx, xhtml..) but not for html extention.

when i'm clicking a simple link that should redirect me to a web page , it opens a download window .( same link in firefox diaplays the page )

i tried also changing the file type (my computer->tools->folder options) but nothing has helped.

(it happens a week ago, i think it started after registry changes but i'm not sure)

it happens also for ie6 and ie7 (i reverse to ie6 and then installed gain ie7, i tried also to fix xp installation and same stil happens )

what do u think ?

A:clicking a link opens a download window instead of displaying the page

see attachement

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/clicking-a-link-opens-a-download-window-instead-of-displaying-the-page-157067.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I was fiddling drive window C command opens clicking Double [SOLVED] around with the folder options gt file types a little bit to assign mp s to winamp and WMP and so on I also checked out the file type quot [SOLVED] Double clicking C drive opens command window drive quot and made no changes and [SOLVED] Double clicking C drive opens command window clicked OK Since then whenever I double click the C drive or D drive it opens a command window instead of opening the drive I can right click on it and click Open in the menu though But why should I have to do that What has been changed No no virus It only started doing this after I did the above I anyway scanned the machine using SAV corporate version nothing found I went back in and saw there are only two actions in the advanced section - 'find' and 'open command window here' None is set as default but apparently it's executing the 'open command window here' action on double click I thought of adding an quot Open quot action like for other file types but it wants some program and the path to it to execute this action What program does it use I don't know please help

A:[SOLVED] Double clicking C drive opens command window

i figured out the solution here it is.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...up-228951.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-double-clicking-c-drive-opens-command-window-229003.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Well, i made a search for a solution to this problem all over the net including your forum and other forums, no luck.

it is not a matter of life or death, but i would like to be able at least to open the apps.

Sorry if i posted an old problem, but i really had no luck in solving this issue.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/30932-microsoft-mahjong-microsoft-solitaire-collection-never-opens.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,

I have a Windows 7 laptop and when I click on the date and time change through the clock on the bottom right or when I right click on the clock and pick date and time change, I get the timedate.cpl that opens in a text editor instead of the date and time change window.

The date and time change through the control panel works fine.

What is the problem and how do I fix it?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clicking-on-date-and-time-settings-opens-timedate-cpl-in-a-text-editor.1001428/
Relevancy 54.61%

OS is windows XP home.

Problem: In my computer folder I doubleclick on the (C hard drive, but it doesn't open like a folder but as a search tool. I have to right click and choose open from the menu to "open like a folder".

Why is this: I accidentally was doing something weird in the control panel>folder properties(not sure if its called folder properties in the english xp).

And now I would want it again to open like a folder, but I just don't know how.

Relevancy 54.18%

I accidentally downloaded something that was attached to binkiland They tab in logged profile Chrome in opens Extra PC I'm to any binkiland my when from disquised it with a java update Sneaky Anyway I noticed it immediately and used this site http www virusresearch org remove-binkiland-com-chrome-firefox-ie to try to remove it when I went to a different computer where Extra binkiland tab in Chrome opens when I'm logged in to my profile from any PC I use Chrome while I'm logged in with my profile an extra tab opens for a binkiland search I also noticed that whenever I open a chrome browser about chrome exe processes show up in the task manager I don't know if that's related though Then I ran your AdwCleaner app and did a scan but since I'm not entirely sure how to use it I decided to come here and get some help Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by monica administrator on DAZZLINGDIVA-PC on - - Running from C Users monica Downloads Loaded Profiles monica Available profiles monica amp Mcx -DAZZLINGDIVA-PC amp Classic NET AppPool amp DefaultAppPool amp ASP NET v Classic amp LAX Platform Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System rundll exe Cisco Systems Inc C Program Files Cisco Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client vpnagent exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe ArcSoft Inc C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe Carbonite Inc www carbonite com C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteService exe Fitbit Inc C Program Files Fitbit fitbit exe Fitbit Inc C Program Files Fitbit Connect FitbitConnectService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE Motorola Mobility LLC C Program Files Motorola Mobility Motorola Device Manager MotoHelperService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server DTS Binn MsDtsSrvr exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSAS SQL R OLAP bin msmdsrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQL R MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe Sony Corporation C Program Files Sony PlayMemories Home PMBDeviceInfoProvider exe Motorola C Program Files Motorola MotForwardDaemon ForwardDaemon exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSRS SQL R Reporting Services ReportServer bin ReportingServicesService exe Rosetta Stone Ltd C Program Files RosettaStoneLtdServices RosettaStoneDaemon exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe TomTom C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exe Pure Networks Inc C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQL R MSSQL Binn fdlauncher exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQL R MSSQL Binn fdhost exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe Motorola Mobility LLC C Program Files Motorola Mobility Motorol... Read more

A:Extra binkiland tab in Chrome opens when I'm logged in to my profile from any PC

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Run this tool to clean your Temporary files/Folders.Download TFC to your desktopClose any open windows.Double click the TFC icon to run the program.TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run.Click the Start button to begin the process.Allow TFC to run uninterrupted, it should not take long to finish.Once it's finished, click OK to reboot.If it does not reboot, reboot your system manually.===Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below. 
start

CloseProcesses:

HKLM\...\RunOnce: [Binkiland] => C:\Windows\system32\wscript.exe /E:vbscript /B "C:\Users\monica\AppData\Roaming\Binkiland\UpdateProc\bkup.dat"
HKU\S-1-5-21-1567756143-2189054842-697228090-1000\...\RunOnce: [Binkiland] => C:\Windows\system32\wscript.exe /E:vbscript /B "C:\Users\monica\AppData\Roaming\Binkiland\UpdateProc\bkup.dat"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-1567756143-2189054842-697228090-1000\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {afdbddaa-5d3f-42ee-b79c-185a7020515b} URL = http://search.conduit.com/ResultsExt.aspx?q={searchTerms}&SearchSource=4&ctid=CT2790392
Toolbar: HKU\S-1-5-21-1567756143-2189054842-697228090-1000 -> No Name - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - No File
Toolbar: HKU\S-1-5-21-1567756143-2189054842-697228090-1000 -> No Name - {D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440} - No File
FF Plugin: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled No File
FF Plugin ProgramFiles/Appdata: C:\Program Files\mozilla firefox\plugins\npCouponPrinter.dll (Coupons, Inc.)
FF Plugin ProgramFiles/Appdata: C:\Program Files\mozilla firefox\plugins\npMozCouponPrinter.dll (Coupons, Inc.)
CHR HKLM\...\Chrome\Extension: [elggllhppljlljkgfeokjpehmdamkejk] - No Path
CHR HKU\S-1-5-21-1567756143-2189054842-697228090-1000\...\Chrome\Extension: [elggllhppljlljkgfeokjpehmdamkejk] - No Path
S3 BCM42RLY; system32\drivers\BCM42RLY.sys [X]
S3 BTCFilterService; system32\DRIVERS\motfilt.sys [X]
S3 DFUBTUSB; System32\Drivers\frmupgr.sys [X]
S3 motccgp; system32\DRIVERS\motccgp.sys [X]
S3 motccgpfl; system32\DRIVERS\motccgpfl.sys [X]
S3 MotoSwitchService; system32\DRIVERS\motswch.sys [X]
S3 Motousbnet; system32\DRIVERS\Motousbnet.sys [X]
C:\Users\monica\AppData\Roaming\Binkiland

End
Save the files as fixlist.txt into the same folder as FRSTRun FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Please post the content of the additional.txt file that was created when you ran the Farbar tool.How is the computer running now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566744/extra-binkiland-tab-in-chrome-opens-when-im-logged-in-to-my-profile-from-any-pc/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
AVG recently detected and fixed a malware problem, but now whenever I try to open something, I get an "Open with" box that says "Choose the program you want to use to open this file". This happens with everything I try to open. Firefox, AVG, explorer.exe, etc.
I have no idea how to go about fixing this, so any help is greatly appriciated.
Thanks.

Not sure if it's needed for this problem, but here's the system info.

-----
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4095 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 310M, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 119234 MB, Free - 12224 MB; D: Total - 342703 MB, Free - 280155 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. , K50IE , 1.0 , BSN12345678901234567
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated and Enabled

A:Solved: "Choose the program you want to use to open this file" box opens with every p

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-choose-the-program-you-want-to-use-to-open-this-file-box-opens-with-every-p.998828/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have Microsoft Office Pro 2007. I only want to download Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. I do not want Access, Outlook, Publisher, or One Note. Is there a way I can choose the 3 programs I want? I know I can buy the home and student edition, but I have Office Pro.

A:Choose Microsoft Office Programs I Want

Yes. Just start the installer and choose the custom options. You can uncheck all the parts you don't want. Some will be marked as to be installed on first use. You may want to install some of those right away so you don't need to dig out the CD later if they are things you know you want to use.

But the installer is very convenient. You can even run it again later and remove components or add new ones.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choose-microsoft-office-programs-i-want.817106/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I tried googling this everywhere and the question is driving me insane I couldn t find anything Let's say my name is Mario Rossi choose based Microsoft does email? Username the How on the and my account is marcoros outlook com How does Microsoft choose the Username based on the email? Now when I make a new installation and connect it directly to windows it creates a C user marco Why the hell NOT marcoros Why does it cut the username to letters in my case And not even take my First Name It just cuts a piece of e-mail address and leaves it to make no sense because in my case its not marco which still would make sense i would want it to be marcoros Is there a way to change this by default so that when i make an installation i get the name like that In the account options somewhere Or i have to make local account gt marcoros gt connect to marcoros outlook account Please help me this thing is really stupid IMHO with no logic i may have missed something so i am the stupid one but thats why im here to ask THANKS EVERYONE Hope i was clear enough with my example

A:How does Microsoft choose the Username based on the email?

You can choose your own username. You do have to use a Microsoft Live account when first setting up Windows 8.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60705-how-does-microsoft-choose-username-based-email.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

Last night, i had some spyware removed from my computer and im not sure if its from that or not but now i noticed that the Microsoft Media Center that came installed on my Dell Computer will not let me have some of the options that it normally did. I can only choose from, My Pictures, More Programs, and Settings. AND when i use the remote control and press 'Live TV' a pop up window comes up saying:

Error
Unable to start Media Center

I can open up the Media Center by clicking on it through Windows but again, ill only have those 3 options. I went through the configure your tv settings about a dozen times now and everything seems to get set-up fine but I still dont have the option of 'Live TV' and am still missing all the other options as well. Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.

ian

A:Microsoft Media Center : only have 3 options to choose from now

anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-media-center-only-have-3-options-to-choose-from-now.405717/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, Tech experts,

I love this forum... yous guys are Very helpful.

I formatted the C-drive, re-installed Win XP with all updates, including SP3.

I'm the ONLY user on this PC.
Still, when Win starts, it asks Which user profile to open up.
There's only one choice... Me !

How can I bypass that "Click on a User" option?
It's a waste of time.
Before the Win XP re-install, it didn't do that.

Thanks, in advance.

Mark53.

A:How to bypass the "Choose a User profile" ?

Sounds like you want to engage autologon.

Be warned that using an administrator account makes your system more vulnerable to attack and compromise since the bad guys are running under your logon account.

You should be logging is as a limited user.

Always create a backdoor admin account in case you forget the main ones password or it gets corrupt.

Here is how to enable autologon
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315231

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-bypass-the-choose-a-user-profile-537380.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Windows issue (happening on Win XP, Vista and 7), that when I try saving a document, normally the Save dialogue box appears and "Save as type: " would normally show the file extension. Instead, now it's only listing "All Files (*.*)" and adding the file extenison to the "File name: " box just above.
I have also checked / unchecked the "Hide extensions for known file types" in the "Folder Options", both settings not changing anything to the Save box.
Had anyone come across this issue, and how can I once again have the File extentions in the 'drop down' list instead of just "All Files"?
Thank you for any help.
John

A:Microsoft Office 2003 "Save as" dialogue box issue

Hello John, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The "Save as" available file extension options will vary per program. By default, there should be a drop down menu available where the "All Files (*.*)" is to select from what is available for it though. Since there isn't, you might consider a repair install.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/60836-microsoft-office-2003-save-dialogue-box-issue.html
Relevancy 51.6%

By Mary Jo Foley.

It?s been a while since Microsoft has shared any new information about its free antimalware offering, Microsoft Security Essentials (codenamed ?Morro?). But the Softies are quietly setting the stage for the product, which is slated to launch before the end of the year.
A quick refresher: MSE is the replacement for Windows Live OneCare and a superset of Windows Defender. Microsoft officials have said it is meant for consumers who are unwilling or unable to pay for security software. A number of Microsoft watchers are expecting the final version of MSE to debut in October, given that it is meant to work on XP, Vista and Windows 7 ? and Windows 7 launches on October 22. More than 400,000 testers have downloaded the test version of MSE, according to Microsoft.

Article link -
Microsoft Security Essentials or Forefront: Which should a Windows user choose? | All about Microsoft | ZDNet.com

A:Microsoft Security Essentials or Forefront: Which should a Windows user choose?

Its performance is what counts, and I'd probably go with a commercial app anyway.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/247611-microsoft-security-essentials-forefront-should-windows-user-choose.html
Relevancy 51.17%

We are running Exchange SP and our clients have Office Our Outlook profiles are created automatically by using Group Policy to set a registry key which points to a PRF file with all the Outlook settings Lately many of our users are reporting that their emails are getting stuck in the Outbox If you look Outbox; Corrupt 2010 Profile Email in Stuck Outlook Outlook at their Outlook profile they have two Exchange accounts listed You cannot delete either of them it gives a message that this is the default email account The immediate solution is to recreate the user's Outlook profile This allows the stuck email to send The real issue is that this keeps occurring Recreating the Outlook profile sometimes fixes the problem for a long time months maybe But other times the problem occurs the next day This is happening with users who have established Outlook profiles as well as new users logging into their Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile PCs for Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile the first time I've attached the code from our PRF Any Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile help is appreciated as we have around active users and we're constantly chasing after this issue

A:Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile

Couple steps you may apply...

1. Repair the offline file with a Microsoft utility called SCANOST.exe. I’ve seen this file reside in a number of different locations, mainly within Program Files. It might be best to search for it with Windows or Google Desktop. SCANPST.exe will also work, though you’ll have to go digging for your outlook.ost, which should be near c:\Documents and Settings\ %profile%\ Local Settings\ Application Data\ Microsoft\ Outlook\ outlook.ost. If your file is significant in size, you’ll save a lot of time with the repair operation by not creating a backup. Because if the repair finishes successfully and Outlook still bombs, you’ll need to.
2. Shutdown Outlook completely, including any runaway outlook.exe processes in the task manager. Open Mail in the Control Panel and before you delete your profile completely, write down the server settings! There’s no need to worry about backing up your mail as it’s stored on the Exchange server. (Essentially, you’re deleting that outlook.ost when you drop your mail profile.) Now, start Outlook and it will create a new profile, where you’ll configure the server with the information you wrote down previously.

If steps above don’t work or you need to get more variants of .pst restoration, visit...
http://www.filerepairforum.com/forum/microsoft/microsoft-aa/outlook/1503-is-there-any-opportunity-to-recover-huge-pst-file-over-6gb - multi functional user community where you may discuss methods and cases of .pst corruption
https://www.repairtoolbox.com/how-to-repair-outlook.html Outlook Repair Toolbox - one of the accessible tools on the market, as a variant in case you can’t recover .pst file via ScanPST or manually solutions
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/3169137 - a lot of tips for outlook

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577470/outlook-2010-email-stuck-in-outbox;-corrupt-outlook-profile/
Relevancy 50.74%

I had Office 2010 installed temporarily a WHILE ago. I have had 2007 installed for a while again..suddenly I started getting the error message that Outlook profile was created with a newer version of Outlook. I have tried everything to get this fixed..with no luck..

Here is what I have done:
1. Deleted mail folder. Made new mail profile in Windows and in Outlook. Didn't change anything despite losing messages. I created "new" mail profile for 2007, and it is still telling me profile was created in Newer Version
2. I totally deleted and reinstalled Office..still getting error message..

This is driving me crazy. It's not a big deal-Outlook still works. It is just bugging me..
Any assistance is appreciated. I thought I had tried everything.

A:Outlook-Mail Profile Created Newer Version of Outlook..How to fix?

You might want to go to control panel, programs and do a repair on office/outlook 2010, some of the microsoft office updates do strange things with outlook. I have had to repair my 2010 a few times.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/164691-outlook-mail-profile-created-newer-version-outlook-how-fix.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Greetings all I'm a real newbie to this forum so if I have posted this in the incorrect location addresses choose to Outlook from?? 2010 email just let me know Thanks - When I create a new email and begin to type in a name for example J a window drop-down appears and shows Outlook 2010 email addresses to choose from?? me names that begin with the letter quot J quot and the next name shown begins with the letter quot L quot Since I actually have names that begin with quot J quot why can't I scroll down the list and pick the one I want If I double click on the quot To quot it will bring up my address book and then I can type quot J quot and it will show me all the quot J quot s that I can choose from However that is obviously another step to go through that wastes time Is there an option I need to check to allow the first window drop down to show me more options or another solution Thanks in advance for any information you can provide to solve this problem for me Ron

A:Outlook 2010 email addresses to choose from??

Hi Ron, maybe I'm missing something, but the more letters you type, the narrower the field becomes.

So for example, if I start off with "L" all the names with L will pop-up, as I type the second letter, LI, all the names with LI will stay and everything else drops off and so on. That's the way the "auto" feature is designed to work.

The other way you could do it is just type the entire name in the To box and hit Check Names and the box that opens will have a list of all the people with that name, then you just choose the one you want.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/125629-outlook-2010-email-addresses-choose.html
Relevancy 50.31%

When windows instead clicking an gallery the preview of photo Double image opens image I double click an image it opens windows photo gallery instead of simply letting me preview the image in the photo gallery I have to actually right click on the image then click preview which is half Double clicking an image opens windows photo gallery instead of preview the image way down the list instead of being at the top where it should be instead open is at the top I have an idea i may have to edit the registry to change the properties of my right click menu I have backed up my registry but i dont know exactly what to enter and where to enter it Just in case anyone suggests I right click and 'open with' in order to change the default Double clicking an image opens windows photo gallery instead of preview the image program i already know this isnt the case as this is the first thing i tried The problem is far more advanced that than iv spent ages searching the net iv even tried ccleaner to clean up my registry hoping this would fix any errors but the problems still exists I had a similar problem ages ago and i had to edit the registry but i cant remember for the life of me what i did Plus i think i was on xp then Please help fi x x

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/double-clicking-an-image-opens-windows-photo-gallery-instead-of-preview-the-image-226820.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Got a strange problem that popped up recently.

When I am in windows explorer and my drive letters are in the right side pane of the window...(IE clicking on My Computer in the left pane shows all drive in the right pane..) Instead of opening up that drive's folders, it pops up the search window.

Before I had just clicked on the drive and it expanded out and you could click on the files on that drive.

Anyone know what might cause this to change or what I can do to change it back?

Not a major issue, but it's puzzling as to how it got that way.

Thanks in advance...

A:Solved: Windows Explorer-Clicking on Drive Letter opens up Search instead of Exploring Drive!

Download and run this fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-clicking-on-drive-letter-opens-up-search-instead-of-exploring-drive.403264/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all,

I have a problem with my Windows XP, and the problem is like the title says, Why when I Open(double clicking) My Computer icon on desktop, it displays searching "Flashlight" icon rather than browsing or showing my folders and drives?

Do you guys know how to fix it?

Thanks.

A:Solved: Open(double clicking) My Computer Opens Searching "Flashlight" Icon

Just googling and found the solution. It's because a Windows service called Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), the solution is by stop and then disable this service from control panel --> administrative tools --> services.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-open-double-clicking-my-computer-opens-searching-flashlight-icon.892730/
Relevancy 49.88%

This isn't for me, I have to confess. It's got me stumped, though.

I quote:

"I somehow added some new options to the right-click menu when clicking on hard drives so now when I double click to open a directory, it opens "find" window. Any help on how to solve this?

I tried on a window tools -> directory options -> file types -> Drive -> advanced but I can not remove or edit those action on the list. I can only add or make default but those two don't help."

I don't even have a "Drive" option, so I'm totally nonplussed.

XP Pro, SP2 with all updates.
Any ideas, please?
Ta!

Relevancy 49.45%

our microsft usb mouse is not registering when we click on things sometimes, we can move the mouse and the sensor moves as well but when we click nothing happens, we have satellite broadband would this affect it ?

A:USB microsoft mouse not registering when clicking

Faulty mouse buttons is my guess. Try a different mouse, if that works okay my guess was right.

(Satellite b/b would not cause this)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-microsoft-mouse-not-registering-when-clicking.991544/
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok so I downgraded to office 2007 after experiencing some showstopper bugs in outlook 2010, also outlook 2007 32bit is way faster than 64bit outlook 2010 so still some work for MS to do

Now whenever I start outlook I get a message telling me that my profile was created with a newer version of outlook, I click on ok and everything works however if possible I would like to get rid of this message.

Can my profile simply be converted to outlook 2007 format, or is the only solution to make a new profile?

A:outlook 2010 profile on outlook 2007

You can't just convert it. You have to make a new profile and copy your stuff across.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/66155-outlook-2010-profile-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Some how some where, I changed what happens when I left double click on a folder, I get a search window, to open a folder I have to right click it and select open, I've tried looking in folder options and in the help but it evades me. How do i change it ?

thanks for any help

Ron

A:clicking folder opens search window instead of folder

One thought is that your mouse button settings may have somehow changed.

Select "Start" > "Control Panel" > "Category View" > "Appearance and Themes" and in "Appearance and Themes" look for the small window in your upper left hand corner of the window which says"SEE ALSO"

Under that will be four links; "FONTS"
"MOUSE POINTERS"
"HIGH CONTRAST"
"USER ACCOUNT PICTURE"

Select "MOUSE POINTERS"

This will open the "Mouse Pointers Property Dialogue Box" Select the "Buttons Tab"

There you can check to see if somehow your mouse button settings have been changed somehow.

If this doesn't help you the perhaps someone else has an idea.

Hope this helps!

ranger72

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/181777/clicking-folder-opens-search-window-instead-of-folder/
Relevancy 49.02%

HI,
I am new at this site and only hope I am following your rules.
I purchased my computer new 8 years ago and I am the only user.
It is currently plugged into a router that is sitting beside a Comcast box.
(My wife's computer is in another room)
Today I was browsing in Control Panel, Internet Connections, Internet Properties, Content, My Profile.
To my surprise, the only name and e-mail address there is someone I have
never heard of before.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

A:Microsoft My Profile

I don't even see this "My Profile" under Internet Properties-- Content-- ?..

Are you sure you weren't viewing another persons "Profile?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260515/microsoft-my-profile/
Relevancy 49.02%

I woke up this morning and started up my computer When I opened up mozilla and began to surf a bit a random command prompt window pops up runs some dialog opens prompt randomly Command when roaming profile?) (Mozilla using Mozilla and then closes just as quickly as it began The window keeps closing faster than I can read Command prompt (Mozilla roaming profile?) opens randomly when using Mozilla what it is doing but I was able to see that it said something along the lines of mozilla roaming profile i think What is going on I have good virus protection at least I thought I did This issue hasn't caused any problems YET Please HELP ME before it DOES Also after reading the forum prep I tried running the DDS software like it says but Command prompt (Mozilla roaming profile?) opens randomly when using Mozilla kept getting Command prompt (Mozilla roaming profile?) opens randomly when using Mozilla a notification popup that says DDS is not meant to run in 'Compatibility Mode' this program will now exit As far as I know I never set my preferences to run EVERY program in 'Compatibility Mode' Just a few specific ones I checked the 'Advanced Settings' in 'Compatibility Mode Troubleshooting' but the 'DDS' program doesn't come up in the list of affected programs I am a bit stumped at this point

A:Command prompt (Mozilla roaming profile?) opens randomly when using Mozilla

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/534057 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534057/command-prompt-mozilla-roaming-profile-opens-randomly-when-using-mozilla/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have gone through MYTURBOPC and it is now asking for Licence Key; I press the button saying "Get Licence Key" which opens Microsoft Edge but nothing is displayed. I seem to be going round in circles. Please advise.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441885-microsoft-edge-opens-but-will-not-display-anything.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I just received and update to my Windows 10. When I select the icon the Microsoft Edge window opens and immediately closes. Also, links don't work, can't find target. Unusable as it is, forcing me to use Chrome. How do I fix this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/84c943be-d75e-47c2-bd11-73b1d6abcfa4/microsoft-edge-opens-and-then-closes?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there,
It is my fault. I was downloading something and clicked in a pop up window the option of 'open with...' and i clicked on Microsoft words.
And now everytime i click on something in the www not even to download (eg a link) the words would come up, and then eventually the page will open

And if i open the laptop it looks like it first open all the applications using words first. i supose that it opens the application with the appropriate program afterwards, but it takes such a long time to do something,

Thank you for you help

Jose

A:Microsoft words opens all applications

I am not sure I understand your question but are you saying that you accidentally picked "Open with" Microsoft Word for all file extensions?
Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program
Is this what you are looking for, to change file associations?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-words-opens-all-applications-621575.html
Relevancy 48.59%

The Office Store, Microsoft?s integrated product into Office 2013 is open. Office's new web apps come from the Office Store, where you can purchase add-ins or install free tools. The program became available this week to users with a Microsoft account and a preview version of Office, SharePoint or Exchange. For developers, the store presents a new and large opportunity to increase their income through sales.

rest of story is here:Microsoft loves its stores: launches the Office Store

app store is here:Store - Office.com

TC

A:Microsoft opens it's Office store

Thanks, TC. Not very many right now, but there's a few I will use.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/8150-microsoft-opens-its-office-store.html