Windows Support Forum

tower will not turn off

Q: tower will not turn off

Hello Everyone tower will turn off not The problem that I am having with my system is that every time I click the shutdown icon and when the message appears tower will not turn off telling me it is now safe to turn off my computer I press the power button nothing happens the message on my screen is still on press serveral times even hold the power button in for couple of minutes and still it will not turn off I went into BIOS and there is nothing in it to cofigure the power mode or the shutdown I am at loss here I check for virus spyware and tower will not turn off every thing else that I can thing of using professional mechanic and another thing the lights for the power status and hard drive are not on the reset button does not even work when I press it also the sleep button my motherboard is a GFXcel PC in which i will like to disassemble and clean but i do not have a manual for it and that i will be confuse and lost with the power connections when it comes to reconnection Any suggestions

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: tower will not turn off

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: tower will not turn off

Check here: PC Chips
Just search for the board

Or here
There is a download at the bottom of the page for the manual.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/tower-will-not-turn-off-99353.html
Relevancy 24.51%

hi all I tried taking battery off tried just charger etc but wont turn on could someone help on where to start to try find problem its got no hard drive in it as I bought it 2nd hand with out a hard drive in it .. thanks in advance

A:HP Pavillion dv5 won't turn on

Do you see anything on the screen when you switch on? Any fan noise? It should start briefly then find the hard drive missing, as long as there is power(?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv5-wont-turn-on.180658/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello I am new to building the pcs so I am afraid I may have fried mine I really am pry I did not but this is what happened I finish tower Power will not work button My the pc and My tower Power button will not work when I turned on the power supply the power button on the motherboard glowed so then I pressed my tower button and nothing worked so then I re setup he F PANEL cords u know the pwr switch and all that jazz turns out it was set up wrong so I put them in right and tried to turn on the computer again the power button on the motherboard turns on but not my towers power button and so my pc will not officially turn on I am guessing and I am worried that I may have fryed my pc because when I took out the f panlle cords I realized my pc was still on and turned it off immanently and I am afraid that may have fryed the motherboard if anyone can help me it would be wonderful I am freaking out and have no Idea what the problem thank you for reading P S My tower button does not making a clicking sound when you push it I am not sure if that normal or it is broken or somthing it just doesnt make any click sounds nbsp

A:My tower Power button will not work

You could have a defective power switch on the PC case. Test this by using the reset switch as a temporary power switch. The power switch and the reset switch are the same for practical purposes except, of course, the size of the button (on most cases). If the reset switch works and is able to start the PC, then you know the power switch is defective.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-tower-power-button-will-not-work.203422/
Relevancy 24.08%

I spilled well-water on my laptop a few weeks ago and immediately removed the power adapter battery and drained the energy from the motherboard I then opened it up as much as I could to dry off what I was able Backlight laptop won't turn on my to My laptop is an Asus U A and I am not entirely sure how to open it up beyond accessing the basics RAM Hard Drive etc Even when I think I ve gotten every screw the casing doesn t seem to want to come off and I haven t been able to find anything online about opening this machine The problem is that after one week of allowing the laptop to dry with good airflow standing upside-down on a wooden desk with a fan blowing I turned it on to see if it would work It worked just fine for about ten minutes and then the backlight started flickering like crazy and went out completely At the moment I am getting around the problem by connecting it to an old desktop screen I had lying around but I originally purchased this laptop for use Backlight won't turn on my laptop at school Any ideas on if I could fix this It definitely doesn t have a warranty anymore so I wouldn t be able to send it in or anything like that nbsp

A:Backlight won't turn on my laptop

Hi Aerebes, I really don't fix laptops; only upgrade the standard parts as needed. I did a search and this is what I found so far: http://screensurgeons.mybigcommerce.com/asus-u57a-laptop-led-screen/

Perhaps the video can move you in the right direction. I believe that they are also on YouTube.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/backlight-wont-turn-on-my-laptop.215525/
Relevancy 23.65%

My Asus Q550LF crapped out on me. I was browsing when a whole bunch of black rectangles appeared on my screen, about an inch long. I restarted my computer thinking it just froze or something. I could occasionally get to the desktop page if I unplugged the charger but now it doesn't even turn on. It'll make one beep when I push the power button but that's it. What might the issue be and is it gonna be expensive? Because this computer has been one of the worst I have ever owned and I would just scrap it or something if it might end up being costly.

A:Laptop wont turn on anymore

How old is it? It sounds like it could be a multiple of hardware failures including the motherboard. The black rectangles sounds like what we call video card artifacting which means the video card is dying. But the fact that it is not even booting up could point to a failed hard drive. Again, it could be anything.

Asus is known for poor customer service but you could try giving them a call.

Do you know anyone who can do some diagnostics on it? I certainly would be checking out the hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on-anymore.214221/
Relevancy 33.54%

Asus announced a bevy of new products earlier today at Computex but one thing you might have missed is this transforming desktop PC chassis. Crafted with help from In Win, this unique convertible case from Asus' ROG division takes the...

Read more

A:Asus ROG, In Win show off practical transforming PC tower at Computex

"Practical" is debatable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-rog-in-win-show-off-practical-transforming-pc-tower-at-computex.213595/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi I have my new PC for a months everything worked perfect till one morning I turned it on and the monitor SAMSUNG tried to detect the graphic card ASUS R without any success and turned to sleep mode The monitor works without problems with another PC or Laptop I connected the VGA card to my tv LG and it works without problems after when I connected it back to my monitor it works but not stable in the screen resolution properties it doesn t recognize turn to and sleep detect Monitor mode Card Graphics can't the monitor it s going in safe mode for any entering to game installing some program or restarting of the computer I tried to put my Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode GTX into that slot there are slots for graphic cards and I tried both of them instead of R and everything works without problems So I decided to connect my GTX that works perfect to x slot and the R to Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode x slot connecting the monitor to GTX it detect also the R without any problems but when I disconnect the monitor from the GTX and connect to R the monitor going to safe mode again I tried all these connections with many different cables all the cables are in working condition If somebody can help me I will be grateful Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-cant-detect-monitor-and-turn-to-sleep-mode.212064/
Relevancy 23.65%

So I removed and cleaned my print head, waited until it was completely dry, then reinstalled it. I let the printer do its thing and when it was done I ran a head cleaning and a nozzle check. The test page came out perfect. The printer then asked if I was done with my head cleaning and I pressed the confirm button and the printer shut off. It will not turn back on either. I tried messing with both the plug in the power strip and the end in the machine. I know the power strip works because my computer is on it and fine. When I press and hold the power button I can hear very faint beeps or.... they could be ticks- I cannot tell as they are really quiet. It reminds me of when the car's alternator is dead but the starter is trying as hard as it can.

Any ideas on why it would work just fine for 10 minutes and then crap out?

A:Epson XP610 won't turn on after cleaning

Do you have a Multimetre that you could test the cable with??

Just to ensure you are getting proper volts/amps (clean power). The only other recommendation I could make is try and unplug the printer.. Press and hold the power button for 15-30s, tap it a few more times for good measure, and then plug it back in and see what happens. Sometimes devices just need a good power drain.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/epson-xp610-wont-turn-on-after-cleaning.208844/
Relevancy 24.08%

So I've just installed a new motherboard [B85-HD3] and my new I7 4790. I followed the manual while installing the components and I've read over it multiple times,looking for the solution.Im here because I couldnt find a solution,I was hoping somebody here could give me any reasons why my PC wont power up at all, and im pretty sure none of the components are damaged since I never heard any unusual noises or seen clear,visable damage to any of the components. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.Thank you

A:Newly upgraded PC won't turn on

Check to see that you have a fan plugged into the "CPU Fan" header somewhere near the cpu itself. Many pcs {if not all of them} will not start if there is no fan plugged into that specific fan header on the MB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-upgraded-pc-wont-turn-on.207865/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hopefully someone can answer this as im baffle, my computer will turn on and of with no problem as ling my printer is plug in but if printer cable unplug it won't turn on but if printer cable in plug in it will turn on but while the comptuer turn on and I unplug the printer cable it will shut down nothin making since but as long the printer is unplug it will not start or boot blank screen but printer plug in I can get to the boot or cmos screen please help Thanks

PS it a Dell PP17L Latitude

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-turn-on-if-printer-not-plug-in.208502/
Relevancy 23.65%

I recently bought a used dell c640. It worked fine but there was no charger with it so of course it sat dead for days. Until I bought a brand new adapter/charger. I've had it plugged in for about an hour. The battery light is on but sometime it will go off. If I push the battery in a lil it turns back on. I tried turning power on without battery installed and the on light and little lights by the power button come on for a few seconds then go off. Any idea what's wrong? I don't think it's the cord like I said new and the lights wouldn't come on until I plugged it in. Please HELP!

A:Dell latitude c640 won't turn on

This has worked for me. Remove the battery and power cord then hold down the power button for about 20 secs. Replace the battery, plug in the power brick and see if the laptop will boot up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-c640-wont-turn-on.208309/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi, I have a MSI g31m3 v2 s-7529 motherboard and wont turn on.
I change the power supply
I put on some themical paste in the cpu
I put away all hard drivers
but didnt work, only the fan turn on then its turn off
I think the motherboard dosent work.

A:Motherboard wont turn on

Please provide list of make and model for everything you have for this setup (CPU, RAM, GPU, Hard Drives, Optical Drives, Power Supply, Aftermarket coolers, etc.). We need to make sure that you have all compatible parts.
Also, have you tried to disconnect all things except the power supply connection to the motherboard, CPU & RAM and see if the motherboard starts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-wont-turn-on.208015/
Relevancy 24.51%

My laptop previously working good. It goes off suddenly. I cant identify the problem. I'm sure that no power failure occur. Please help me solve this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-cannot-turn-on.207868/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi,
I installed Win 7 32 bit on my Lenovo G519 laptop. Now I want to use my wireless Internet but can't find the way I can turn on that laptop!!
I tried Fn+F5 and also F5 but it's still turned off.
How to turn on wireless in that laptop please?

A:How to turn on wifi in Lenovo G510

Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-turn-on-wifi-in-lenovo-g510.207096/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop, it started randomly crashing but it would start right back up no problem. Then It started getting more and more frequent. And then it started not turning back on right away after crashing, but it would eventually turn on after a little while. But now it won't turn on at all. I tried removing the battery and just running it on the charger, but that changed nothing, I still did it. Anyone have any ideas?

A:Laptop crashing, now won't turn on at all

The hard drive is probably corrupt from all the crashing. If you can, have someone remove and re-install the memory and remove the hard drive to see if the laptop comes back to life by lights turning on and the screen starting to display without the hard drive installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-crashing-now-wont-turn-on-at-all.207428/
Relevancy 23.65%

First of all I would like to sincerly thank Techspot memeber Richard for saving me the cost of a new computer with his posted solution to the closed thread Dell inspiron will not turn on I m was so impressed with Richard s solution that I was compelled to joing Techspot and post this thank you and my Dell 1564 turn on solution will not Inspiron comments I have never posted previously so I hope I m within Techspot protocol A few hours ago my Dell Inspiron would not turn on it appeared that no AC power was getting through the power switch my computer was dead I tried changing batteries using the power cord without a battery plugging the ac power cord in while holding the power button down I tired everything to no avail I went shopping online on my wife s laptop for a new machine On a whim I did an internet search on my Dell Inspiron will not turn on and got directed tp the Techspot thread which contained Richard s solution As Richard instructed I disassembled my failed laptop disconnected and then reconnected the touch pad plugged in the power cord hit the power button and bingo my laptop came on just like it has hundreds of times before This procedure took me about hours I have taken apart about half a dozen laptops over my computing years There is obviously a weakness in the Inspirons around the Sleep Hibernate functions and the mechanism when the laptop Dell Inspiron 1564 will not turn on solution is closed which triggers these functions The mechanism appears to be somehow tied into the touchpad So disconnecting and then reconnecting the touchpad resets the functions I just had a thought I wonder if disabling and then enabling the touchpad through the windows control panel would do the same thing as physically disconnecting and reconnecting the hardware It would be a lot easier and quicker fix then disecting a laptop Oh well hopefully it won t happen to me again so I will never know I ve diabled the sleep and Hibernate functions on my computer so hopefully It won t have another near death experience It will of course die naturally one day that much I know is true thanks again Richard for your solution and thank you Techspot for this forum nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 1564 will not turn on solution

How would you get to the control panel to disable it if it won't turn on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1564-will-not-turn-on-solution.179813/
Relevancy 57.62%

Bought the following brand new at Best Buy on and trying to get setup Lenovo K e desktop tower keyboard and mouse LG MP HQ monitor MS Office key code Webroot internet security disc After connecting everything according to the instruction of both the Lenovo and LG instructions double amp triple checking all parts accounted for and connected properly here s what happened Lenovo tower up turn Monitor tower, hooked on doesn't to but boots up fine disc drive in tower opens and closes properly Lenovo keyboard and mouse both detected Great so far except LG monitor does not turn on at all In the back of the monitor two things are connected blue HDMI connector with pins on both sides is connected to HDMI connection in back of tower AC DC adapter plugged into electrical outlet and other end directly into monitor Everything works when power booted up except monitor shows no life - no light indicator and black screen Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on Monitor just doesn t turn on at all There are driver discs for both lenovo win and the LG monitor and like I said I can insert them into the tower and close but nothing happens on the monitor display Best Buy said it should be no issue using the LG monitor with the Lenovo PC tower They will charge me to come out to my home even though I bought two year Geek Squad plan They also said I would still get charged even if they were unable to get Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on me setup Seems like there is one probably really easy fix but I don t want to pay to have them come out if I get charged regardless of the outcome Anyone out there with any idea what could be preventing the monitor from powering up other than Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on it s bad which is unlikely as it was brand new sealed in the box Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on

If no standby LED on monitor, is there a separate on/off switch on the side of the monitor?
With LG there are usually manual buttons for CH+- & vol +- plus On/Off (although I have seen monitors with no on/off at all.)
Also check for 'hidden' buttons on the front lower edge of frame or under the front (right) edge.
I would try a different mains lead/cord that is known to to work, also check for a fuse in the plug, could be missing, or isolated with plastic foil.
Even with no inputs the monitor would show a 'No Signal' sign if it was working.
If no 'standby' LED and you have a separate AC to DC adapter block then that could be the problem. All monitors I've seen have a direct AC connection though.
If it then does work, the on-screen menu will need to be selected, and 'input' changed to HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-hooked-up-to-tower-but-doesnt-turn-on.204715/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, I'm having a problem with my Dell Latitude E6400. When I'm not using it for a while the screen goes black (like into a sleeping mode) like all computers and laptops do. But if it stays black for a little while, and when I go to get back on it and move the mouse around or press the keys the screen won't turn back on but the computer is running because the light on the keyboard are lit up and I can hear the fan running. The only way I can get the screen back on is if I shut it down by pressing the power button on my keyboard and turning it back on.

Can anyone please tell me what to do or what is wrong with it. That would be much appreciated. Thank you

Being thirteen doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/latitude-e6400-screen-goes-black-after-not-using-and-wont-turn-back-on.204671/
Relevancy 23.65%

As the title states I cant seem to get my monitor to turn on when I put ram in slots 3-4.. I currently have 2x2gb ram installed and im trying to install 2x1gb more(in slots 3-4)
both sets are matching pairs

Any suggestions?

CPU: amd phenom ii x4
GPU: Radeon hd 7700
MOBO: Gigabyte M720-US3
64 bit*

A:Monitor wont turn on with ram in slots 3-4

What's the timings, frequency, and voltage on the RAM sets?

Also confirming, that you are putting them into matching ram slots? 3-4 tells me nothing and can be misunderstood anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-turn-on-with-ram-in-slots-3-4.204476/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey there,

I've been playing crysis 3 a lot lately and it usually run's my GPU temp around 65-70 degree's ( MSI GeForce GTX 770 4GB TWIN FROZR ) I know the card is suppose to run up to 80 degree's no problem but I was just wondering if I played at these higher temps for 3-5 hours at a time. Would that be to much stress in terms of heat on the GPU ??
I have the Corsair 230T Windowed-BLUE ATX Mid Tower Case> I have just the stock fans in it and I was looking to add more. I was just wondering if people have preference over tower fans ? if so what are some good ones and why ?

A:GPU Temps and Tower Fans

Even 85C for extended periods is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-temps-and-tower-fans.204260/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi all,
couldn't able to turn on my laptop. I tried the following http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...-on-when-I-push-the-power-button/td-p/1905373

but couldn't be able to turn on normally.

when I try to push the power button and next one button don't this is for what purpose, may be for restart. push again and again this turn on the laptop.

but after shutdown the loptop, unable to turn on it again.

can any one help me?

A:Laptop dell latitude e4300 don't turn on

Did you remove the battery and try to start the laptop using only the AC adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-dell-latitude-e4300-dont-turn-on.204178/
Relevancy 23.65%

Okay sorry if this Unless Laptop turns won't off turn certain keys or down holding on isn t in the right place wasn t sure how to classify this I have a Toshiba Laptop that will not turn on unless you are holding EITHER the Ctrl Shift or Alt Key while powering it up and the second you let go of the key the screen goes black and it shuts down It took me a while to figure out holding any one of those keys while pressing power would work I placed a weight on the shift button amp managed to reformat it with Laptop turns off or won't turn on Unless holding down certain keys Win Pro thinking it may somehow alleviate this perplexing issue it s reformatted with all the updates done but still has this issue One thing I also notice is whenever the quot machine quot shuts down or restarts even during the reformat it goes to the boot screen where I am forced to select quot F quot for the bios menu or quot F quot for the boot order I select the HD and then Win starts up I just don t understand how these buttons are somehow tied to the power or hibernation maybe of the Laptop If anyone can help me figure out an approach to this it would be greatly appreciated at this point I m baffled and could use any suggestions you may have Laptop turns off or won't turn on Unless holding down certain keys to offer Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Laptop turns off or won't turn on Unless holding down certain keys

My first guess would be a faulty keyboard. Have a look in Device Manager and see if it has any exclamation marks next to it. Follow the route, Control Panel, System and Security, System, Device Manager. Replacing a keyboard can be cheap or dear and easy or hard depending on your make of laptop. Has it ever had a good clean out since new including vacuuming the keys to remove fluff and crumbs? If anyone has spilt some liquid on the keyboard that's another potential cause of the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-turns-off-or-wont-turn-on-unless-holding-down-certain-keys.203409/
Relevancy 34.83%

A few years back I was talking with a friend about dust bunnies in a tower & how to keep them out.
I had a somewhat odd idea of using a case covering somewhat like a pillow case to do such. It gets dirty,take it off & put another one on. Much like an air filter in a car. Does that sound ridicules or not?? Just curious.

A:Keeping dust out of a tower

Might keep 80% of the dust out, but not all would be stopped. Could also get in the way of case cooling, by entrapping heat insde.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keeping-dust-out-of-a-tower.203506/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello , I made the mistake to turn off 1 of my cores .. I am with Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B980 2x2.40Ghz .. I misslicked something in msconfig ... God I don't know what I was doing there and now when I start my Task manager it shows only 1 core .. Please can you tell me how to turn my second core again .. Not from msconfig / boot / advanced options (this is only for the start of the windows)

A:I turned off my second core and I don't know how to turn in ON ..

Msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Uncheck Number of Processors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-turned-off-my-second-core-and-i-dont-know-how-to-turn-in-on.202586/
Relevancy 23.22%

The computer has 2 750gb hard drives in it but I noticed it was awful slow for a dual quad core computer with win 7 64 bit and 16gb of ram so I checked in the bios and I don't really see a way to turn it completely off unless the hard drives are reformatted in some way. If someone is familiar with this problem please help. I have disconnected one drive and re-installed windows on the other for now.

A:How do I turn off raid mode on a Dell Precision T5400

You can't just take drives that have a RAID array on them and expect them to work when you turn RAID off. You'll need to re-format.

Anyway, the Dell BIOS has an option for HDD mode, it's in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-turn-off-raid-mode-on-a-dell-precision-t5400.202235/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone, I need your help urgently!

I have sony Vaio laptop which has been working well. Recently its charger had a minor explosion and broke (it happened when I plug it in to the outlet as usual). So I replaced it with a new one. However, the light on the new charger was blinking whenever I plug it into the laptop and turned solid again when I unplug it.

Could you please help me fix this? All my assignments and works are in this laptop and I need it very soon.

Thank you

Ps. I have tried removing the battery and it still doesn't work. Also I won't be able to try another charger.

A:Sony Vaio Charger light blinking, won't turn on

I'm sorry to say but sounds to me like something got fried and that it might never start again. Even tho I can't say for sure without seeing the machine. Anyways, I would recommend to wait and see if some one else would have something smart to come up with on what and how to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-charger-light-blinking-wont-turn-on.201589/
Relevancy 23.65%

Dell Studio i nd Gen GB Gb Gb Graphic My laptop screen suddenly shows some small color boxes and goes black but laptop still on when I restart screen shows nothing but Hard disk CPU fan are running normally than I tried this Power off the computer Press and hold the quot Screen on laptop turn wont My dell D quot key on the keyboard and then My dell laptop Screen wont turn on press the power button and My dell laptop Screen wont turn on wait for the computer to start I just heard only loud beep sound continuously but screen remain black than I tried this Unplug the power cord -- gt Remove the battery -- gt Hold the power button for seconds -- gt Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and It Worked and laptop start normally but after - minutes it happen again screen gone black it shows small color boxes and go black than I tried above method once again but this time It s not working Than I connect the laptop to the external monitor and start It shows nothing on it First sec monitor run like working mode green light then it goes to offline mode orange light It s like something is resist in laptop to startup I don t know what s happening Please help Mod note Please do not spam the boards with posts of the same problem One time in the appropriate forum is sufficient Thanks nbsp

A:My dell laptop Screen wont turn on

Sounds like the graphics processor on your laptop is on the way out, if even an external monitor didn't work.

Does BIOS work? F12/DELETE when booting up to get in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-laptop-screen-wont-turn-on.199389/
Relevancy 23.65%

Laptop won t boot if charger is attached I have a weird problem attached won't charger Laptop is turn if on this Toshiba Laptop won't turn if charger is attached Satellite L laptop It doesn t boot whenever it s charger is attached The charger has no problem bcoz it charges the laptop only if the laptop is turn off but Windows can t boot while it is attached These are the scenarios Only battery is attached Laptop boots and works fine Battery and Charger attached Laptop wont boot Right after the POST when Windows starts to load Laptop restarts Only Charger is attached Laptop wont boot Right after the POST when Windows starts to load Laptop restarts The laptop is running on its battery already in Windows but whenever I attach the charger the laptop turns off and then charging LED turns ON Looks like it can t supply power in Windows state It s OS is Windows What parts of the Laptop should I check Is this a Software or Hardware problem nbsp

A:Laptop won't turn if charger is attached

The AC charging circuits on the laptops motherboard are damaged. This means that the motherboard will need to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-if-charger-is-attached.178896/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have an XPS M1530. It was displaying the message about battery can continue to charge but is reaching the end of its usable life - for about a year. I never operate the laptop without the AC adapter. I went to turn it on and it turned on and then immediately shut off. Then the AC light turned off. Now if I unplug the AC adapter from the computer, unplug the AC adapter from the wall and plug it back in the light will come on. Then as soon as I plug the AC adapter into the laptop the light goes off. Laptop does nothing/completely dead. I have 2 Dell AC adapters and both behave the same. I have tried it with and without the battery and same issue. Do you think a new battery will fix it? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

A:Dell M1530 will not turn on

The problem might be from battery. have you tried installing your lappy with a differnt one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-m1530-will-not-turn-on.195966/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi, I have a msi CR410 that is working perfectly last night. Tonight, When I turned it on (plugged to adapter ) it didnt turn on..the battery light on my laptop is on and the adaptor's light is also on.. I tried the suggested on taking out the battery, pressing the power switch for 30 sec then put battery, plug it and press power but it still didnt turn on. After that I let the laptop be plugged to my adaptor just to see if the device is just power drained but after a while I saw that the battery light indicator on my laptop is also gone. When I touched the adaptor it was not hot not like before that its hot. This time its not hot nor warm, just no temperature but the light on the adaptor is still on but the battery light on my laptop is now gone too not like earlier.

A:Laptop wont turn on. why?

Have you tried removing the battery. Then just plugging the adapter into the laptop. See if it boots this way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on-why.195939/
Relevancy 20.64%

The title says it all. I recently started playing Medal of Honor and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and on both games I get a frozen screen with looping audio which forces me to shut the computer down via the power button.

after doing some searching around on the net and trying various solutions, I have determined the next step is to disable on board sound. I know this sounds like a noobish question but, is there any way to get sound out of my computer? is there a BIOS setting that allows me to disable the on board sound but still get sound out my PC? these 2 games rely heavily on being able to hear what is going on,

I have an ABIT IP35 Pro with no secondary sound card.

thanks.

A:Can I get audio if I turn onboard sound off without a sound card?

No that'd be impossible. if you turn off the onboard sound, how are you gonna get some sound delivered to your speaker or headphone?

you should try disabling the onboard sound and check if it fixes the issue. if it did, also try to uninstall your current audio driver and install the newest one.

looping audio does not always means the onboard sound is faulty. it usually goes on loop because that portion of the soundtrack is already loaded into RAM. therefore it still plays even when the computer froze.

the problem might lies in other thing such as video card or overheating CPU since you indicate it only occurs when you're playing games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-get-audio-if-i-turn-onboard-sound-off-without-a-sound-card.195934/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have an ASUS G turn laptop won't on Asus JH windows bit home premium Short version When I Asus laptop won't turn on hit the power button the lights come on for a split second but then stop and nothing happens It Asus laptop won't turn on won t turn on at all I ve tried taking out the battery hitting the reset button with a straightened paper clip holding the power button for seconds before trying to turn it on without the battery and every combination Local computer shop never found a hardware issue Whenever I turned it into them they would set it on their shelf and call me the next day quot well it s working fine now and we didn t really do anything quot Then I d try to turn it on the next morning and it wouldn t work Rinse repeat several times They claim to have taken it all apart and didn t find anything physically wrong When it was in a good mood and turned finally on I FIXED IT FOR MONTHS I got some advice that the problem happened when it went into sleep hibernate that the memory file was somehow corrupted In other words software problem not hardware I changed the settings to that it would NEVER EVER go to sleep I disabled ALL updates etc and it worked beautifully Until the other night when for no discernible reason the exact same thing is happening again Only now it s been dead for days with no miracle wake-up Any help would be very very welcome thanks in advance nbsp

A:Asus laptop won't turn on

I have one that when it boots up it has bad internal battery backup issue. ASUS had this for LED/LCD panel issue I found out. Got them to repair it for free.

Your issue sounds like MOBO is faulty. How long have you had this model. If you can you should send it back to ASUS and let them repair it. Otherwise you seem to tried everything which is the common steps to take is the battery take out. Rest it and etc..

Prior to all these issues what were you doing when it worked 100%?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-laptop-wont-turn-on.194965/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey, I have an acer laptop, it's 4years old and my dad has had to fix the charger point quite oftern... My problem is before it would seem to over heat and shut down well the fan is fine... Recently I won't turn on... I have to give it a good whack so it will just start up.. Is this common with the laptop or has my dad messed it up? Please help me I'm getting so stressed when I want to use it for work.. Please any advise?

Nessa x

A:Laptop won't turn on

Well one the over heating is big issue the fan that cools it down could be blocked with dust but also it over heating many times could of caused much bigger problems .. also the charger port could of come loose again or attery could be faulty ..1 the fan needs cleaning 2 take the battery completly off unplug charger then press the on off power butting for 20 seconds then plug charger in ..leave battery off and try to turn on . if no screen see if there is any lights and also listen to see if u hear fan spinning underneath

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on.193709/
Relevancy 24.08%

My cpu taking much time to turn on, when I switch on the power,it takng nearly 30-40 seconds to turn on cpu led lights and whole cpu itself!
can anyone help me in ths regards.

A:Cpu taking much time to turn on

What is the make and model of this "slow" computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-taking-much-time-to-turn-on.193003/
Relevancy 23.65%

I basically spent the entire day yesterday assembling a new pc and after a few minor problems I got it humming won't makes turn PC weird noise on and up and running After installing windows all the drivers and just finishing the last few updates Turned the machine off switched the power off via the switch in the back of the psu and hooked up the storage HDs when I returned power to the machine all the fans immediately started and there was a strange humming noise like the fan PC won't turn on and makes weird humming noise is speeding up and slowing down but with a lower tone The machine is now completely unresponsive and after I turned off the power and unplugged it removed the HDs SSD and cd drive which were working normally and everything from the back mouse keyboard monitor so I move he machine out and get a better look inside When I turned the power on the fans turned on but a lot slower and the humming was almost gone I really need help figuring out what happened http pcpartpicker com user tole saved FB this is my build nbsp

A:PC won't turn on and makes weird humming noise

Just tried to turn it on again after leaving it overnight and it turned on, with the case power button, but after that it didn't respond when I tried to turn it off so I turned it off with the psu power switch and now its back to the same nonresponsive state with the fans (all of them) twitching as soon as I turn the psu power switch.

The humming from last night is replaced by a low pitched squeaking noise each time the fans twitch.

(sorry for double posting the edit button disappeared on me)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-turn-on-and-makes-weird-humming-noise.192837/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, does anyone know what the problem is? I took out the screen of my old laptop, and put a replacement screen in. The screen its self (Samsung) is exactly the same model as the old one, except the inverter board looks a bit different. The laptop turns on fine with no screen plugged in, but when when I plug the new screen in, the only thing that turns on is the power supply light. I tried removing the new screen and it turned on fine. It's only when the screen is plugged in when it doesn't turn on. Is it because it's the wrong inverter board? I still have the old one. Should I just switch the boards? Thanks for all the help.

A:Replaced Laptop Screen but Wont Turn On When Installed

**Update: I tried replacing the inverter board, but the connecter with 6 pins wont fit...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-laptop-screen-but-wont-turn-on-when-installed.192648/
Relevancy 24.51%

So I m sitting here with my chin on my brand new computer case with all my new parts turn built PC on New won't nicely in New built PC won't turn on the cases about to flip I ve been looking all over just to find maybe a solution I can t so I posted this So my pc won t turn on the power button doesn t turn it on There is a Green led that lights up on my motherboard when my psu is plugged in and is set to on The voltage is set to I m in the us No fan wiggles and I m pretty sure my motherboard isn t grounded I did have a problem fitting it in New built PC won't turn on the case earlier cause of the damned I o shield thing But I made sure it wasn t damaged I ve fiddled with all the power cables and for the most part I m sure the front panel connectors are right I checked the cpu and the little things you set it on all fine Tried the ram one at a time taken everything out and plugged it back in multiple times I the motherboard needs a pin The psu is The cpu power connector is and the psu fits that too The only problem I could think of is the stupid front panel connectors This is my first time building a pc btw My build Motherboard asus p z Kingwin Pow psu Power color radeon hd gpu Intel i Case is a thermal take commander ms-I nbsp

A:New built PC won't turn on

Make sure you have not switched the power LED and power switch wires. This caught me of guard once, took me a few minutes to realize my mistake.

To clarify, you are using the manual for pin-out configurations?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-built-pc-wont-turn-on.191241/
Relevancy 24.08%

I recently took my computer apart to clean the fan. The computer notified my that the fan was malfunctioning and would turn off and not fixed. I found an online tutorial to show me step by step instructions to disassemble my computer in order to clean the fan. After all said and done computer back together. The computer wont turn on. Does nothing in response. Computer turned on fine before. Everything is plugged back in and screws in place.

A:Compaq laptop won't turn on

It won't do anything at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-laptop-wont-turn-on.190281/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello guys I have a acer aspire one d250 (kav60) , and I think I downloaded the wrong flash bios file and since then my laptop won't turn on ((( if anyone have an idea what to do please REPLY

A:BIOS fail, laptop won't turn on :(

Why were you changing your BIOS on a laptop in the first place?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-fail-laptop-wont-turn-on.190128/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello! I've been turning my laptop on from standby and its been taking 3-5 min to turn on my laptop is running just it my screen my laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L335D

A:Laptop screen takes 3-5 minutes to turn on

Get into the power profiles and turn off standby and hibernate. See if this helps this screen issue. You can access the power settings from the screensaver window...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-takes-3-5-minutes-to-turn-on.189845/
Relevancy 35.26%

On my W7 tower, I've been seeing a WI FI icon
but assumed it just meant I could use a usb wi fi device on it which I have done. Well, today curiosity got the best of me & I pulled the DSL out of the back & it totally amazed me to know I was still online, no usb.
How long have towers been like laptops, come wi fi enabled?

A:Wi-Fi-enabled tower?

A tower can have wifi "enabled" if it has a wifi card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-enabled-tower.188891/
Relevancy 34.4%

This is confusing to me. Anytime I've been on a laptop in my apt. I have no problem getting a good or very good signal on it, yet using the same Belkin USB device on my tower in the same exact place, low or less than good connection.
The router is on the first floor, I'm on the 2nd floor & a few walls are in between . Why?
I'm thinking of having the router moved, a booster used or relocationg the router.
I'm currently on DSL . Wi-fi is just an option.TIA

A:Laptop Wi-Fi good connection but not tower?

The router should be on the second floor above most of the equipment that it is actually connected to it for the best possible signal strength. I'd guess you're having a driver issue between the different computers, but you're probably gonna tell me that both computers are Windows 7 and have the same driver or something like that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wi-fi-good-connection-but-not-tower.186134/
Relevancy 23.65%

I know my Aspire won't laptop on Acer turn first mistake was purchasing an Acer Lesson learned Now this morning I turned on the laptop forgot about it and went out for a couple hours When I got home it was in the BIOS set up I had a hard time exiting It wouldn t let me just exit In case my kids touched anything I set the Bios back to previous setting and then it let me exit Now it won t turn on The battery is charged The power light comes on the disc drives does it s thing for a second and the fan kicks in but that s all The fan Acer Aspire laptop won't turn on goes off and all is quiet with power light still on This has happened before but not for a long time and after trying to turn it on a couple of times it would I ve tried pulling the battery and power cord holding the power button for a minute and even pressing the power button for a minute then replacing battery and power cord but still nothing The model is an Acer Aspire Z- Any suggestions Thanks nbsp

A:Acer Aspire laptop won't turn on

How old is this laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-laptop-wont-turn-on.188383/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi, I have an acer aspire laptop that won't turn on. It was working fine unplugged and I went out leaving it on but unplugged to mains power. When I got back I plugged utility in and tried to wake it up. Now I have it plugged in and the power adapter has a green light and the battery light on the laptop is amber. When I press the power button, both these lights go off. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have tried removing all power and holding the power switch for 39-45 seconds. Then plugging back in without battery and turning on- that doesn't work! Please help.

A:Acer Aspire won't turn on...

Did you remove the battery when pressing the power button for 45 seconds?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-wont-turn-on.187626/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi there I have a Dell Inspiron won't on connected trackpad is turn Inspiron N4010 if n and recently my speakers stopped Inspiron N4010 won't turn on if trackpad is connected working At first it was just one of them but later the other stopped working too Everything in the OS seems to be right the drivers are installed etc So I decided to open it so I could see if the connection on the motherboard is alright And they were so couldn t solve that Anyway the big problem came later When I plugged the three ribbons attached from the top panel to the motherboard one for the powering button another one for the keyboard and the last one for the trackpad and put all the screws back in the laptop didnt boot up So after playing around a bit to try different possibilities I realized that is only when I connect the trackpad ribbon that the computer doesn t boot If it s unplugged there is no problem Searching for a solution I found this on another post on vb topic Add techspot com at the beginning and html at the end cause I cannot post links But that works for a different model and implies breaking a sensor which I d rather not doing So I would like to know if anyone knows the solution to this or if there is anybody out there with the same problem and had success fixing it Thanks and regards nbsp

A:Inspiron N4010 won't turn on if trackpad is connected

You have probably shorted or damaged one or more of the ribbon cables wires. Did you release the ribbon cables properly by releasing any plastic clips, or just by pulling on them? A Windows re-install might have brought the sound back to life. An errant Windows update might have caused this loss of sound. Now you have really messed things up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-n4010-wont-turn-on-if-trackpad-is-connected.178019/
Relevancy 24.08%

My processor is AMD athlon 64 x2 Dual Core processor 4400 + (2 CPU's)
Memory is 3.5gigs ram
Directx 11
Display is Radeon X1300/X1500 series.

Should I just get rid of my pc and get a new one when I can afford it or should I buy parts for it?

A:How do I turn my PC into a gaming system?

What kind of motherboard do you have? It'd let everyone know just how much you can upgrade it.. But I honestly think you should get a whole new computer. I can't see your motherboard being able to take any Quad-Core (or more) processors. Merely a guess atm though.

If you don't know your motherboard-- http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/ --just download that and it will tell you.

If you do get a new computer you can safe your hard drive, cd-drom, power supply and case and save a few bucks. So all you'd really need is a Motherboard/CPU/GPU.. The power supply is a maybe, It depends on how many watts it is and what kind of connectors it has. Another thing you could let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-turn-my-pc-into-a-gaming-system.187169/
Relevancy 24.51%

My laptop dell n5010 is not turing on at all... it is not showing any lights or any other sound as well...it was shut down properly..now what to do? can any1 guide me?

A:Laptop does not turn on at all

Have you tried plugging it in over night?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-does-not-turn-on-at-all.186658/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello got today compaq b that didnt turn on no lights came on found out that in power supply comes wires which are ground data an power ground data was v and ground power was v so there was nothing on laptop when connected power supply I cut down the wire from power supply to cord and fixed wireing of power supply showing corect ground power v 6175b on won't Compaq turn now on laptop when connect power suply camoes on green light then changes to yellow and dissapers and laptop still dont turn on can it be some defence mechanism that knows that wireings is being cut down and prevents it from working cant check if works from battery as dont have it thinking if the damage is still in power supply or its something on mobo of laptop so wondering if get new power supply or not as if its not power supply then there is mobo problem which I dont want to fix nbsp

A:Compaq 6175b won't turn on

Sounds like a fried motherboard...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-6175b-wont-turn-on.186727/
Relevancy 34.4%

So I have this problem: I have this new graphic card for my tower PC and I was wondering could I combine my laptop and my tower motherboard so that I can use the graphic card on my laptop?
Or is there another way to use it with my laptop (maybe a adapter or something?)

Relevancy 24.51%

My zte n290 phone wont turn on. As the power button is pressed the loading bar comes up(loads up by % 1-100) and then the phone turns off.I think it had to do with the Uart 2 settings in the engineer menu when it was set to uart 2.

A:Phone won't turn on

Can you 'reset the device'?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phone-wont-turn-on.185291/
Relevancy 24.51%

can anyone help me to figure out wats wrong wit my pc hp dv4000 laptop it wont turn on not even the power cord shows when its plug in to the pc please help me and be specific cause I dont know much thank u

A:HP dv4000 won't turn on

"not even the power cord shows"... What does this mean? No light on the AC adapter or on the laptop when you plug the AC adapter into the laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv4000-wont-turn-on.182750/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi friends...
It's when I was upgrading my Office 2007 to Office 2010 that my laptop shut down and now it can not show any power sign.This is how it happened.
I was having the setup on my External Hard drive.And when I saw it was taking long to finish the upgrade, I forgot that I was using the External and removed it from the PC.
That sudden it shut down and until now it can't get turned on.
What will I do?
Looking forward to your help

A:My laptop won't turn on

Have you tried a hard start? Disconnect the battery and power cord if plug in. Then hold the power button on the laptop for 30 seconds. The either replace the battery or plug and try and start it. This may work. If so you may want to run a system check on it after if it boots. Other then that maybe someone here will know a little more to help you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-turn-on.182048/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey everyone,

Was hoping someone could help me please.

I have an acer laptop and when I turn it on it now says ZOQKT is compressed, press ctrl alt del to restart and then the same thing just keeps happening.

Does anyone know what this means or how to fix this please?

A:When I turn laptop on it says ZOQKT is compressed

Which OS are you on? You may be able to decompress the file in recovery console if you have a boot/install disk (a similar issue sometimes happens with NTLDR file, which can be resolved this way)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-turn-laptop-on-it-says-zoqkt-is-compressed.180455/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi.
I have a Compaq Presario R4000. It's around 6 years old. Until recently it has worked as well as any other laptop with the usual software problems. Yesterday I tried to switch it on and all I see is the charge light flashes once for around 1 second then goes out. No response at all from the machine. Tried running it without the battery but still no response. A friend told me that it may be the battery and that some laptops won't run without a battery inserted.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers.

A:Compaq Presario R4000 won't turn on

The motherboard is probably fried, after 6 years. Also, the CPU cooling heatsink/fan could be bad or the thermal paste or pads could be burned. If the battery is the original it is in long need of replacing...

"that some laptops won't run without a battery inserted"

Not exactly true. If the AC adapter circuits are faulty, maybe yes. Otherwise, it is not true. If a battery shorts, it can keep a laptop from powering up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-presario-r4000-wont-turn-on.178920/
Relevancy 33.54%

Nvidia P356 Quadro FX4600 graphics card - 768MB GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 dual DVI out thank you all

A:Wondering if this will work in my Dell Optiplex GX 280 tower-style PC

As long as you have a PCI express socket on the motherboard, that card will work. You may need a power cable adapter to be able to connect the card to the power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wondering-if-this-will-work-in-my-dell-optiplex-gx-280-tower-style-pc.179573/
Relevancy 23.22%

I sent my laptop in to be serviced under warranty because the keyboard would not work. was denied service because of water damage but now my screen doesn't work, can someone help

A:My screen won't turn on after service was denied on warranty due to water damage

Water can destroy a laptop or any other electronic device. Chances are that the water sat underneath the keyboard and flowed onto the motherboard where it dried causing corrosion and damaging the motherboard permanently. You could take the laptop to a repair shop and they could give you a repair estimate. Of course, you will have to pay for this repair. If a liquid is spilled on a laptop in the future, immediately open it and turn it upside down. This allows the liquid not to hit and pool on the motherboard, or in a keyboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-screen-wont-turn-on-after-service-was-denied-on-warranty-due-to-water-damage.178774/
Relevancy 24.08%

My friend let me have his old Cooler master 430 black elite, Im having trouble with it. My computer wont turn on, I know all my components work because they just came off my old case and they worked great. The difference between my case and this new case is the system panel cords(ie. hdd led, reset sw, power led, and power sw) are all seperate meaning there are 5 different cords compared to the one that my old case used to have one bundled up. I've looked online on how to connect these and nothing seems to work. Anyone know how to connect these cords to my intel g41 chipset?

A:Computer won't turn on in new case

you can get a Q-Connector or look for a diagram of your board and it will tell you what goes where. What board do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-turn-on-in-new-case.178020/
Relevancy 24.51%

long story so i'll try to make it short.acer laptop not even 90 days old screen started jumping.Contacted acer and they said to send it in.I did and they found a cracked screen.Wanted $200 to fix not covered.I said send it back I can't afford that.I'll hook it up to my TV.Got it back and tried to turn it on but it didn't work.Called Acer and they said they would only fix it if I get the screen repaired by them and also that because I didn't get them to fix the screen that my warranty is no void.I really get upset over big companies taking advantage of the normal working people.

A:Laptop won't turn on

The laptop won't turn on at all? If you mean no external display, the motherboard may be damaged

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on.177995/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello Everyone!
Ive been facing a peculiar problem with my Dell inspiron mini 270 of late. Its power light wont go off even after I switch off the laptop thus indicating that it is still being charged! What is even more strange is that in such a state I cannot restart my laptop until after the power light goes off on its own after a few hours. After repeated attempts, I have come to understand that this indicates that now the battery is discharged. Now when I put the power adaptor on and switch on the laptop, it starts. This effectively means that every time I charge the battery and switch off the laptop after some work, I HAVE to wait till the battery is completely discharged to start the laptop again. Guys, guys, I am at my wits end and have extremely close to tearing off my few remaining strands of hair. Any clues anyone?

A:My Dell Inspiron Mini 270 power indicator won't turn off

If the battery is removable, remove and see if the light behaves... If it does, the battery may need to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-inspiron-mini-270-power-indicator-wont-turn-off.177803/
Relevancy 24.08%

i've got an acer aspire 5735z laptop about two and half years old :runing windows vista,intel pentuim dual-core processor T3400 .It was working fine last night ,wake up this morning trying to turn it on :lights are on for about 10 /15 sec ,the fan as well turn for the same time ,then it turns off on it's own .tried to take the battery out and pluged in :same problem .kept pressing the turn on button for 30 sec(with the battery in and out) same thing happen .take the fan out and cleared thaught it maybe full of dust but it wasn't .i've took the hdd out and put it back as well as the two memories but still with the same problem ,any idea please ? many thanks to any suggestions

A:Laptop doesn't turn on

Sorry tgo learn of your woes... Unfortunately, Acer laptops are like all the rest... if you didn't get one with a long warranty. time to get a new one... But the hard drive "should" be recoverable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-doesnt-turn-on.177766/
Relevancy 24.51%

hi guys please help!! i have a gateway LT2115u and wont turn on, i only see a blue light when i press the power button, have tried taking the battery off unplugging the power cord and pressing the power button for 40 sec and putting everything back pressed the power button again, but noting works does any body know a sulution for this problem?

A:My laptop won't turn on

if there is no bios start-up then it could be that a hardware device is causing it to hang. You should remove all external devices or It could be that the hard drive is causing problems so you could try and remove it and see if the bios starts up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-turn-on.177588/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys Here is the problem I have a years old HP Pavilion laptop I have always been using the laptop while plugged in to the power outlet while the battery is also on the laptop at the same time I turn the laptop on and everything is fine I turn it off and turn it back on right after turn Laptop does on not that and it comes on Laptop does not turn on and everything is fine The problem is When Laptop does not turn on I turn the laptop off before I go to bed and the next morning try to turn it on it will not turn on I then have to remove the battery and put it back on for like - times unplug and plug the power AC from the laptop and keep on doing it and pressing the power button until eventually it switches on I have batteries and it is the same with both of them I got no clue why it is happening and what I can do about it P S My laptop got no more warranty guarantee Any advice and suggestions are very much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop does not turn on

It may be a motherboard problem... The laptop may just quit altogether soon

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-does-not-turn-on.177414/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi everyone,
I need some help. I went to use my acer laptop yesterday after not using it for about 4-6 months and it won't turn on. I charged it and the indicator light says its fully charged but it still doesnt come on even if it is plugged in. I honestly don't think it is fully charged because the light turned blue after being plugged in only 1 hour. Do you have any suggestions that could help me?

A:My laptop won't turn on even though the light indicates its fully charged

Remove the battery and try turning on the laptop using only the AC adapter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-turn-on-even-though-the-light-indicates-its-fully-charged.177176/
Relevancy 24.08%

I purchased a Gigabyte GV-N44OD3-1GI. I can't figure out why the fan does not turn on. Any suggestions?

A:Gigabyte GT440 fan won't turn on

Tell us more. Setup. Components. Power supply. Enough for us to "mentally see" what you have, and where you obtained it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-gt440-fan-wont-turn-on.177319/
Relevancy 24.51%

So i have an HP G62x - 400 and i accidentally cracked the screen. i got a friend to replace the screen for me with the screen that i bought. since he returned it to me, it wont turn on. he had no idea what happened and is a trustworthy guy and i know he didnt (intentionally) tamper with anything. it shows that it still revieves power with and without the battery in. its more or the less the power button doesnt do anything. if anybody has had this issue before, or knows what may be the solution, please let me know

-Drew

A:Won't turn on

The power button assembly has to be removed when the LCD screen is replaced, so it may just be out of line, or not positioned properly. At worst, the motherboard could be damaged

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wont-turn-on.177024/
Relevancy 23.65%

I recently installed a new Power Supply, and although I'm fairly certain I have my power button's power plugged in correctly, it doesn't turn the computer on when I press it. I've been making a habit of turning the PSU off for a few seconds, and then turning it back on to start up the computer.

Before I do this for too long, does it cause damage to the computer in any way?

A:Is it unsafe/will it cause damage to turn the computer on from the PSU?

It's unlikely it will cause much damage to your computer (maybe the HDD if you do it too often while the HDD is still being accessed) however that is a very good way to kill Your PSU especially if it is non-pfc. Every time you do that it creates an inrush current that the PSU circuitry must absorb overtime this can be damaging to various components in the PSU (mainly capacitors and rectifiers). Also the system should not turn on when you turn on the PSU unless the power button is pressed in an ATX board so you may have a short somewhere which could cause serious damage to your computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-unsafe-will-it-cause-damage-to-turn-the-computer-on-from-the-psu.175819/
Relevancy 24.08%

I recently built my computer and plugged in everything. I turned on the PSU switch and then the case switch and nothing happens but one of the fans moves slightly. I have done the paper clip method to test the PSU and it works. Also I have unplugged and plugged everything back in. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Computer Specs
I5 2500k
Cooler Master Haf 212 evo
Gigabyte z68x-ud4-b3
Corsair Enthusiast 850w semi modular
Xfx 6950 2gb
8gb(2x4) corsair vengeance
Western digital blue 250gb

A:Just built computer won't turn on

This might sound dumb but I would first check the outlet you are using. Then make sure your Motherboard is plugged into to the power supply and receiving power. Another suggestion I have which I saw on another site is possibly hard drive failure a fellow claimed he had the same issue no power what so ever then he changed the power supply and it worked. Also check fuse on power lead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-built-computer-wont-turn-on.175480/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi all im looking at building a tower for general use and gaming as cheap as possible and best place to buy parts mainly what u reccomend i get please help

A:Help on building new tower

hmmm anyone please

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-on-building-new-tower.175355/
Relevancy 35.26%

I just put together my new computer for the first time successfully Now I am wondering what to do with my old one Its still operating however it is approx years old running on an Intel Pentium I m old my not? scavenge tower To or not sure what components it has atm but I am wondering if I should look to see if anything it has is worth adding or installing in my new build My current tower has To scavenge my old tower or not? the following and my old tower had both a cd burner and a dvd burner plus some additional RAM i added but it probably isn t compatible I also know To scavenge my old tower or not? it was running a Radeon Sapphire gfx card Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe MKNSSDCR GB-DX quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALX GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Corsair Carbide Series R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ASUS P Z -V PRO GEN LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS XFX HD- X-CNDC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC HP X Multiformat DVD Burner Black SATA Model i LightScribe Support CORSAIR H CWCH Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply nbsp

A:To scavenge my old tower or not?

Somewhere there is a young and budding computer tech who would love to have that, and improve upon it, if the price is right.

Otherwise, it is always helpful to have a computer in reserve for when things do not go right. on the new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/to-scavenge-my-old-tower-or-not.175341/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello. I'm having a very weird issue with my laptop. I put my laptop into standby when I was using it earlier because I was moving it from one location to another and I was going to be using it in the other location. When I tried to power on my laptop, it wouldn't power on! Nothing was wrong with the laptop when I had used it earlier; I was on the internet with it and I even used it during one of my classes at college. I tried holding down the power button for a minute without the battery or power cord in, but nothing! Is there anything I can do?

UPDATE: The laptop is dead ; gonna back up my data and get an RMA

A:My computer won't turn on!

did you get it sorted?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-wont-turn-on.171772/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello Techies!

Lately I found an old 75f monitor near the garbage and, as the good scavenger that I am, immediately took it under my possession. The problem with it is that every time the monitor turns off and on, be it with the OS's auto turn off monitor option or when I turn the computer on, the settings on it get scrambled up and I have to set the color settings and the screen deformations all over again.

You guys have any idea what might be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance

Arial

A:NEC MultiSync 75F monitor settings scramble up each turn-on

This was a cheap poorly built monitor to begin with... Since you like to salvage electronics, you must be good at soldering. Open up the case and resolder all the connections on the board containing the CRT socket. The signal cable should connect to this CRT board too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nec-multisync-75f-monitor-settings-scramble-up-each-turn-on.171933/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello i recently built my own turn on! won't PC computer the components are as follows CPU AMD x ii PSU cit watt dual rail amp each GPU ati saphire radeon gb ddr Motherboard ASrock extreme RAM PC won't turn on! GB corsair vengeance HDD Seagate Barracuda tb sata III but i use PC won't turn on! sata II cable OS windows ultimate bit on first boot everything was fine it worked well and still does but the problem is turning it on sometimes when I click the power button it doesn t turn on the fans spin a little and LED s turn on for a very short time then everything stops if I then click PC won't turn on! the power button again nothing at all happens to overcome this problem I have to unplug pin and pin power from motherboard and turn off the PSU from the back I then wait a little turn the PSU on put the and pin to the motherboard and then press the power button even this does not work sometimes I have replaced the PSU already the power button is also fine and is not stuck so is the reset button I can t work out the problem with my computer if anybody knows what the problem is please help By the way I m new to this site also this only seems to happen when I leave my speakers turned on or if I leave the computer in sleep mode for a while with the power LED flashing this only happens sometimes is it just my cheap power supply thanks in advance nbsp

A:PC won't turn on!

Yes it could be your power supply, but it could also be the motherboard. Change the power supply first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-turn-on.172251/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello,

when I press the power button on my case, my computer starts, the blue light shines but my monitor doesn't show anything.

After many resets and taking out the power cable the PC eventually switches on and boots. My power supply is not the best. It was part of my case. Is the PSU a problem?

Here is my PSU:

Thanks

A:PC will not boot when I turn it on

I'd say its related to something else.

Maybe a glitch, but that sounds like the GPU, or motherboard issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-will-not-boot-when-i-turn-it-on.171236/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a acer tarvelmate 2480 and recently i left it charging all night, woke up and found out the adapter(power) light was blinking and when pulled out of the laptop it stopped and now it won't turn on nor charge any suggestions.

Ive already checked out this Laptop won't power on? in one of the forums but none of the advise complies.

A:My laptop won't charge nor turn on

Try another outlet.
Take out the battery and try it with the ac adapter\power cord plugged in.
Try another AC Adapter or Power Cord.

One of the two is probably faulty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-charge-nor-turn-on.170185/
Relevancy 33.97%

I might be building a new computer soon I am wondering if these parts will go well together Motherboard BIOSTAR H ML LGA Intel H Micro ATX Intel Motherboard tower LIAN LI PC-A NB Black Aluminum ATX Mini Tower Computer Case Video card EVGA SuperClocked G-P - -RX GeForce GTS Fermi GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Memory CORSAIR GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMV GX M A C monitor Hanns-G HW- ABB Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Monitor cd m x Power Supply Hanns-G HW- ABB Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Monitor cd m Processor Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA W computer witth a Building mini-ATX tower a Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I If any part in here is not compatible please tell me and point me in the direction of a compatible part if you can I do need the tower everything else can be changed Thank you very much and have a nice day nbsp

A:Building a computer witth a mini-ATX tower

Typo: you listed the monitor twice, once under PSU, Otherwise those parts look fine however even though it is a minitower due to the front mounted power supply that case will support a full ATX motherboard. I would personally recommend a Full ATX motherboard since they offer much more expansion. This is a good option and only costs slightly more, Although If you go with something like this you will get SATA 6gbps, USB 3.0, more memory slots, and a faster chipset.

Also Biostar motherboards are ok but far from the best try to look for boards from Gigabyte, ASUS, or MSI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-computer-witth-a-mini-atx-tower.170466/
Relevancy 24.08%

I took pictures last night & this morning, but this afternoon - when I turn the camera on the lens goes in and out 3 or 4 times then I get a message on the screen that says turn camera off and back on. I have done that repeatedly, took out the battery, plugged the bettery into its charger, nothing works. I got this for Christmas just a couple years ago, so its not that old. What is going on? I need an answer ASAP. I have flown across the coutnry to see my brandnew grand son for the holiday weekend for the first time & now I can't take pictures! HELP! Please write sallies2 at the yahoo.

A:My cybershot won't turn back on

Sony camera problem.

This could be happening for several reasons. The camera could have a software /firmware fault, or it could be a problem with something preventing the lens from moving as it should.
But it's just as likely to be the Li-ion battery not holding a charge as it used to.
If you have a mains adapter, try that instead of the battery, see if it works then.
You may need to buy a new battery, as they don't last for more than a couple of years, especially with heavy use.
If you can get the screen on using the mains adapter, go into the menu and do a 'factory reset'. Take the memory stick out first.
All faults are repairable, but you would do well to get a quote first, as a new camera may be cheaper, (unfortunately).
The pictures on your memory stick are not affected by camera faults, as a rule, but if you have another one, try it, just in case there is a problem with the edge connector on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-cybershot-wont-turn-back-on.170365/
Relevancy 23.22%

It turns on but the screen doesnt The backlight is not broken because when turn Asus and laptop screen it freezes on when randomly G73 doesn't does it does turn on randomly everything works Pushing down on the screen works but only as long as I m Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does holding it really So I ve come to the conclusion that the lcd cable has loosened somehow or there is a problem with the program that starts the computer I ve only had the laptop for about months and the problems started about month after buying it And when it does turn on it randomly freezes Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does I have no clue why I m no computer expert and I ve only built a single computer I have already ran defrag and c disk cleanup ran Norton and turned off unnecessary programs The vents are not obstructed and I ve already done what I think is a hard reset Removing the battery holding the power button for seconds and then putting everything back together I m about to throw the thing out the window and I cannot afford any parts to replace or take it to any computer repair shop I only make about a week nbsp

A:Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does

Was able to turn it on

Its in safe mode right now and I'm checking the event log 8,894 errors. They are 7023, 7031, 7034, 10010, 14329, 6008, 55, and 8003. The 7000 event ID all occur when im trying to turn my laptop on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73-laptop-screen-doesnt-turn-on-and-randomly-freezes-when-it-does.170227/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello there, recently, I've been having an issue with my PC. Randomly, all peripherals (Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, etc.) turn off, but the computer stays on, and I need to turn it off by flipping the power off, and once I turn it back on, it boots normally and such. Like I said, the times this happens seem to be completely random, though I believe it has only happened at night, but that may be just coincidence. I have used virus scans, and nothing has come up, so I don't believe that's the issue. I haven't made any significant hardware changes recently either. Does anyone have an idea of what could be happening?

Thanks in advance

A:Computer peripherals turn off but not computer itself?

Get into the motherboards bios by pressing a key noted when you first power up the computer. Look for "hit F? for setup" or something like that. Reset the bios to defaults

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-peripherals-turn-off-but-not-computer-itself.169546/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and every time I try to play a game I get a pop up window...image attached.
How do I turn it on like the pop up window says to do?
Would appreciate an answer in layman's terms....I not a computer geek.
Thanks guy's

A:How do I turn on hardware acceleration?

What graphics card are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-turn-on-hardware-acceleration.169761/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a HP Pavillon dv6000 and it wont turn on. I have replace the battery and the ac power supply cord. When I press the power button, all the lights turn on as if it wants to start and then they all go off except the charge light. I thought it had something to do with the battery because I didn't follow the recommendations of charging for 4 hrs and then letting it completely drain and recharging. Need help?

A:Laptop won't turn on/seems like it's not charging

Derek

Hi.

I'm no expert but an engineer told me (re another m/c) that there may be some protection hardware acting. An obvious example would be if the fan over the processor failed, it would overheat and burn up quite quickly. So the power is cut to stop that happening.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-on-seems-like-its-not-charging.169268/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello everyone I need some assistance from someone here I just built a new pc and it won t power up I just bought it I to Built get on but can't PC a new turn a ATX case a intel pentium motherboard D GAV with a gig processor gigs of compatible memory Everything is Built a new PC but I can't get it to turn on brand new except the power supply I used an old one from another case Now after putting everything together I notice that the led light turns on on the motherboard so I take it that there is power going to the board Now when I hit the power button to turn on the pc nothing happens the pc doesn t turn on no fans not even the one on the power supply comes on I double checked to make sure the front panel was wired up correctly according to the diagram The power switch reset and the led lights are all wired up correctly according to the diagram The computer still does not turn on I am thinking it might be the power supply but i am not sure because the led light goes on on the motherboard Can anyone tell me what the problem may be coming from Oh by the way I forgot to mention that the case I bought did not come with a power supply I used the one from the old case which is a Thermaltake TR - W Is there a recommended power supply to power up an intel pentium board running a gig processor with gigs of pc ram Any help will be greatly appreciated maybe I overlooked something Thank you nbsp

A:Built a new PC but I can't get it to turn on

Just because an LED light comes on doesn't necessarily mean the PSU is okay. Did you use motherboard standoffs or did the motherboard tray come with dimples built in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-a-new-pc-but-i-cant-get-it-to-turn-on.169031/
Relevancy 23.65%

I recently ordered the parts to build a computer and once I had everything hooked up I could not get the computer to start up.

PC components:
Raidmax Smilodon Tower with 500w PSU
Asus P8H 61-MLE Series Motherboard
Intel Core i3-2100 LGA1155 Processor
G.Skill DDR3-1333 4GB (2x2GB) RAM
Western Digital 320GB HDD

The MoBo led comes on showing that the PSU is plugged in and on but no response when the PC switch is pressed. I've tried moving the MoBo jumper to reset the CMOS with no response yet.

Also, when I unplug the ATX12V plug from the MoBo I get a light/fan response but still no boot...

Any suggestions or help?
Plz and Ty

A:Custom-built computer won't turn on

sounds like you may have the power and reset plugs in the wrong places read your manual and see where they need to be plugged

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-built-computer-wont-turn-on.168918/
Relevancy 23.22%

So i decided to build a new computer and i got everything connected, hit the power button and the computer wont power up. I have made sure all the power cables are connected well but nothing.

using a intel dp55wg mobo
intel i5 processor
coolermaster gx-750w power supply
xion axp 100 series case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/light-on-motherboard-and-front-panel-of-case-but-doesnt-turn-on.168774/
Relevancy 23.65%

hi
when i start my pc , it turns on but sometimes my monitor, keyboard, and mouse don't turn on , and another thing i noticed is the CPU fan wouldn't spin as fast as it should. But if i restart the computer , then everything works just fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-keyboard-mouse-dont-turn-on.168596/
Relevancy 24.08%

HI guys, so i got a Wireless G router (Belkin) havent used it awhile, so im guessing its dead. but yeah just wanted to verify. I technically have power on the router, b/c when i plugged it, has all the lights turned ON, but it wont turn off, i mean the modem light and status lights are all on. except for the ones at the top. LIke it is forever booting. My system cant detect the router at all. Any advise?

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-lights-all-on-wont-turn-off.168319/
Relevancy 23.65%

I know this has been posted a lot but mine seems to be a little odder than what has been posted. My laptop just shut off one day and will only turn on when the back/bottom of the laptop is not on, which means my motherboard is completely exposed, once I put the back/bottom back on it will not turn on. I thought it might have been the fan, its not brand new fan and still wont turn on. Any help would be awesome!

A:Acer Aspire laptop won't turn on

This is not an easy one to help with without have the laptop in my own hands. You will most likely find that there is a bad connection somewhere that is being broken when the base is fitted. Have a good look at all the ribbon cable connections as one has probably worked loose.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-laptop-wont-turn-on.167549/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey guys, I recently bought an old HP OEM computer (a 'dc7700', I think) off eBay. It's one of those towers that is placed horizontally, and it's quite thin. I was planning on using it as an HTPC but it lags when trying to watch HD movies, so I think I'm going to buy some really low-end graphics card.

I was looking at this one (I'm in Australia and it's either eBay or local IT shops):

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Asus-ATi..._Components&hash=item19c5f77a3f#ht_1134wt_936

I'm wondering, will this fit in the tower? Do I need to specifically look for a low-profile graphics card? Thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-for-a-small-tower.167278/
Relevancy 24.08%

i have a hp laptop that i have been using for a while. all of a sudden out of the blue when i go to start the computer the monitor doesnt turn on. the computer turns opn just fine but the screen isnt. i tried taking the battery out and then starting up without the battery but it still did not work. i dont now what the problem is and it isnt a contrast problem or anything with settings.

A:My laptop monitor won't turn on

First you need to connect the laptop to a stand alone monitor to check that this is not a graphics problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-monitor-wont-turn-on.166138/
Relevancy 23.65%

My sister quot inherited quot a used Acer Aspire z from a friend of hers It was not at all well maintained so I decided the best thing to do would be to wipe it clean and install Windows XP I had a copy of XP already I had a few hang ups finding drivers but after some work I got everything functioning correctly When on, not turn Aspire will in Acer when 5610z plugged even I Acer Aspire 5610z will not turn on, even when plugged in finally got it working the battery would not hold a charge for more than about ten minutes it worked fine while plugged in but once unplugged the battery drained quickly I charged it for an entire night after I finished the downgrade and it still would not hold a charge so I m assuming the battery is shot And now today the laptop will not turn on at all even when plugged into a power source It worked fine as recently as last night but now the power indicator comes on for about a second and then turns back off A few things I m pretty sure the previous owner of this laptop did not maintain it very well at all and hardly ever used it so the battery was hardly ever charged I don t know if this makes a difference When he gave it to her he did not have the original charger so I had to buy one online The power supply I bought gets very hot when it s connected Again I don t know if this makes a difference but I found it odd I read somewhere that I should remove the battery and the power supply hold the power button for seconds re-insert the main power power on the computer and insert the battery I followed those steps but they did not work I suspect the battery is just shot But before I go and drop on a new battery I would like to make sure there is nothing else I can do I apologize for the lengthy post but I wanted to be as thorough as possible Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5610z will not turn on, even when plugged in

I would agree its a battery problem too.

Double check your power supply voltages and laptop power socket for damage, Other than that. New battery

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5610z-will-not-turn-on-even-when-plugged-in.165458/
Relevancy 23.65%

I m going over there in a few minutes I plan to check for burn marks he said the green light still comes on in the back psu probably So I am thinking the psu is fried or some other component in which I can hopefully visually see Ok heres the plan Check for burn marks or blown capacitors Swap the psu with a known working psu if no burn marks can be found Just thought I turn won't computer Grandpa's outage power on after would post before I took off so I can refer back here if I hit a brick wall in case someone has a suggestion OK its been fixed its a common problem with hp pavilion power supplies for future reference Power outage causes computer to not turn on and green light flashes on the back of the psu Solution unplug psu then motherboard p connector wait minutes until green light stops flashing Plug the psu back in and it should now Grandpa's computer won't turn on after power outage have a solid green light on the back now plug in the p mobo connector Yes with the psu plugged in first as said in order nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/grandpas-computer-wont-turn-on-after-power-outage.164620/
Relevancy 24.51%

I been having trouble with my monitors not turning on. I have tried them with two different mother boards and they wont turn on. I connected them to my laptop they work with it. So i tried changing mother boards and even changed the video cards and no go. I dont know what else i can do. My mother boards both have different cpus.

any input would be great,
thanks!

A:Why won't my monitors turn on

Did you check your cables? Did you try different cables?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-wont-my-monitors-turn-on.163580/