Windows Support Forum

tower will not turn off

Q: tower will not turn off

Hello Everyone tower will turn off not The problem that I am having with my system is that every time I click the shutdown icon and when the message appears tower will not turn off telling me it is now safe to turn off my computer I press the power button nothing happens the message on my screen is still on press serveral times even hold the power button in for couple of minutes and still it will not turn off I went into BIOS and there is nothing in it to cofigure the power mode or the shutdown I am at loss here I check for virus spyware and tower will not turn off every thing else that I can thing of using professional mechanic and another thing the lights for the power status and hard drive are not on the reset button does not even work when I press it also the sleep button my motherboard is a GFXcel PC in which i will like to disassemble and clean but i do not have a manual for it and that i will be confuse and lost with the power connections when it comes to reconnection Any suggestions

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: tower will not turn off

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: tower will not turn off

Check here: PC Chips
Just search for the board

Or here
There is a download at the bottom of the page for the manual.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/tower-will-not-turn-off-99353.html
Relevancy 58.91%

MY COMPUTER WON'T TURN ON, THERE'S POWER, I SEE A LIGHT IN THE BACK. I'VE HAD PROBLEMS SHUTTING DOWN, HAVING TO REPEAT IT BECAUSE IT'S EITHER TOO SLOW, OR NOT GETTING THE MESSAGE. FINALLY IT TURNED OFF, AND NOW WILL NOT TURN BACK ON. SEEMS LIKE THE ON BUTTON DOESN'T WORK ! ALSO SOMETIME GET BLACK SCREEN MESSAGE, " PROGRAM 3 MISSING" OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
I'VE CHECKED ALL CONNECTIONS, POWER SWITCH, PLUGGED AND RE PLUGGED IN....WHAT CAN I DO ?

A:TOWER WONT TURN ON

Do you have vision problems jeanneg? I can type in caps as well if you do. Do you hear any noises when you try powering on or just dead silence?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/tower-wont-turn-on-670228.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Help, I shut my computer down the other night. I tried to turn it on yesterday, but the green light or the Gateway icon is not lit. I can hear the fan going, and a orange light that is in the shape of a battery stays lit. Please help!!!

A:Computer tower will not turn on..

Do you have another PSU that you can try in the computer?

What model # is your Gateway?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-tower-will-not-turn-on.1052102/
Relevancy 58.91%

There was a storm last night with a lot of lightening. This morning my tower wont turn on and there is a green light flashing at the front and at the back. My speakers and monitor are working.

Relevancy 58.91%

Is there any way to turn off the multi-coloured lights on the tower without having to open up the tower?  I really don't have the experience and know-how to start fooling around the inside of a computer tower.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Turn-off-lights-on-tower/td-p/5677433
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi my computer is a windows home premium bit My friend built it for Wont Computer Tower on Turn me and im not very great with computers but i usually leave my computer on It works fine its a great system and one day when i left with my friends to go fishing it was on but when i came back the next day it was off So i went to turn it on and it wouldn't turn on I unplugged it plugged it Computer Tower Wont Turn on back in and made sure the outlet was working There are two buttons near the plug one that Computer Tower Wont Turn on sais and and another one that has A H D i think or A L D but the switch for the first one is covering the and is showing I have the O I On I i made sure but even when i click the power Computer Tower Wont Turn on button nothing will start Theres a green light on the inside thats just a solid green light Ive read around and people say that that means the tower is receiving power So i dont know what it is i have no real smarts with computers so i wont know how to remove anything from the inside or anything but i know that the fans are working i have on the computer to keep it fine I spun them and there all still fine But there may have been a power outage while their gone could that have caused my system to stop working would love any help i can get

A:Computer Tower Wont Turn on

I guess one thing you could try is to unplug it, hold down the power button for about 30 seconds or so, let it sit for about 15 minutes, then plug it back in and try to start it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Smartyhead

...and another one that has A , H , D i think or A , L , D .............. I have the O, I On I i made sure but even when i click the power button nothing will start....

I'm unsure what that means. Maybe if you post a pic of it...

Quote: Originally Posted by Smartyhead

...but i know that the fans are working i have 3 on the computer to keep it fine. I spun them and there all still fine. But there may have been a power outage while their gone could that have caused my system to stop working !?? would love any help i can get .

Were any of the fans spinning by themselves when the power was on?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/235937-computer-tower-wont-turn.html
Relevancy 58.05%

First, I must say that I dusted this particular tower with compressed air. I had a little trouble getting the side panel off, and jostled it a little bit.

Anyway, I tried to turn it on this morning and the top light indicator flashes green once, then starts slooowly flashing dark red. I can count to 3ish in between flashes. The bottom light indicator also flashes faintly red.

I should probably add that this has happened before... I just figured I didn't push the power button correctly. Flipping the power strip on and off and trying again resolved always resolved it.

I bought it second hand but it has a sticker with some numbers on the top:

HP compaq
D3|vm|p24|40|k|256cr us
product # DL324A#ABA
SIN: mxd31904pj

2 pics of the inside:
http://i.imgur.com/3KLZ7Eb.png
http://i.imgur.com/Uarrcxx.jpg

A:Flashing red light when trying to turn on tower?

The flashing LED is an error indicator. The error is identified by the number of flashes:

LED and beep condition Description Power button LED blinks
4 times with 4 beeps Power Supply Power button LED blinks
5 times with 5 beeps Memory Power button LED blinks
6 times with 6 beeps Video Card or Graphics Power button LED blinks
7 times with 7 beeps Motherboard or System Board failure Power button LED blinks
8 times with 8 beeps BIOS or CMOS problem (ROM)
Having said that, if removing/restoring power to the PC resolves the problem, that typically indicates a faulty power supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flashing-red-light-when-trying-to-turn-on-tower.1106862/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello my name is Sebastian Todd, I've been using my dell computer for more than 2 years now with absolutely no problems affecting it, due to my proper maintenance. About 1 month ago, I turned it off by clicking the "shut down" button. Ever since then, I haven't been able to turn it back on. When I push the power button on the tower, it emits a yellow/orange light for about a quarter of a second. I know for a fact that there is a sufficient power supply, due to the green light being emitted on the back of the tower. I don't know what to do, and am not economically ready to purchase a new computer. PLEASE HELP! (inspiron 545)

- Sebastian Todd

A:Dell Tower won't turn on/boot - (inspiron 545)

sebtodd
Does the power supply fan run/work?
The green light on the back of the power supply does not indicate that the power supply has not failed, it only indicates that power is reaching the PSU. What colour is the power button light, is it Blinking, Solid or Off?Are there any 'Beeps'?
 The Inspiron 535/537/545/546 Service Manual, is here:
ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-546_Service%20Manual_en-us.pdf
The Troubleshooter, is here:
ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-546_Setup%20Guide_en-us.pdf
Bev.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19577721
Relevancy 57.62%

i am using my laptop to report this.cause i can't use the one with the black screen.HELP!!!!!! when it first comes on its like it tries to start but just stays black.can it be fixed or do i have to buy a new screen?(i'm not sure if its called the screen or the monitor.i just know that when i turn the tower on,there is no picture .

A:black screen after i turn my tower to my other computer on.r

If you do not see the message "No Signal" on the monitor screen, very likely it's the monitor itself which is faulty or "dead".To check if it is indeed the monitor which needs replacing, connect it to your laptop if possible (there should be a VGA port on one side of your laptop so you can connect the monitor using the same VGA cable that connects monitor to your PC). If the monitor does not work on your laptop either, you need a new monitor.However, if your tower is not starting up it won't be a faulty monitor. There is something wrong inside the tower. Get someone to check it over, maybe needs a new PSU (Power Supply Unit) which fits inside the tower.Do not rush out to buy a new monitor if the tower is not starting up as the problem will be inside the tower.message edited by phil22

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/black-screen-after-i-turn-my-tower-to-my-other-computer-onr/13729.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Bought the following brand new at Best Buy on and trying to get setup Lenovo K e desktop tower keyboard and mouse LG MP HQ monitor MS Office key code Webroot internet security disc After connecting everything according to the instruction of both the Lenovo and LG instructions double amp triple checking all parts accounted for and connected properly here s what happened Lenovo tower up turn Monitor tower, hooked on doesn't to but boots up fine disc drive in tower opens and closes properly Lenovo keyboard and mouse both detected Great so far except LG monitor does not turn on at all In the back of the monitor two things are connected blue HDMI connector with pins on both sides is connected to HDMI connection in back of tower AC DC adapter plugged into electrical outlet and other end directly into monitor Everything works when power booted up except monitor shows no life - no light indicator and black screen Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on Monitor just doesn t turn on at all There are driver discs for both lenovo win and the LG monitor and like I said I can insert them into the tower and close but nothing happens on the monitor display Best Buy said it should be no issue using the LG monitor with the Lenovo PC tower They will charge me to come out to my home even though I bought two year Geek Squad plan They also said I would still get charged even if they were unable to get Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on me setup Seems like there is one probably really easy fix but I don t want to pay to have them come out if I get charged regardless of the outcome Anyone out there with any idea what could be preventing the monitor from powering up other than Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on it s bad which is unlikely as it was brand new sealed in the box Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on

If no standby LED on monitor, is there a separate on/off switch on the side of the monitor?
With LG there are usually manual buttons for CH+- & vol +- plus On/Off (although I have seen monitors with no on/off at all.)
Also check for 'hidden' buttons on the front lower edge of frame or under the front (right) edge.
I would try a different mains lead/cord that is known to to work, also check for a fuse in the plug, could be missing, or isolated with plastic foil.
Even with no inputs the monitor would show a 'No Signal' sign if it was working.
If no 'standby' LED and you have a separate AC to DC adapter block then that could be the problem. All monitors I've seen have a direct AC connection though.
If it then does work, the on-screen menu will need to be selected, and 'input' changed to HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-hooked-up-to-tower-but-doesnt-turn-on.204715/
Relevancy 56.76%

Brand: Gateway
Type: Desktop
Model: LP MINI TOWER TB3 Essential 500

Problem: Won't turn on
Manufacture Date: 12/02/99

A:Gateway LP MINI TOWER TB3 Essential 500 Desktop won't turn on.

This computer is 16 years old and came with Windows 98. It isn't worth spending time worrying about it; it is just too old and slow.
Processor: Intel Pentium III, 497 MHz
It probably has at most 256MB of RAM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-lp-mini-tower-tb3-essential-500-desktop-wont-turn-on.1146041/
Relevancy 56.76%

running Vista Home Premium
this is an eMachines T5086
The desktop computer is less than 2 years old.
We just moved. Now when I turn on the computer, it will make its whirling sounds then it will beep 3 times..like error beeps. The monitor will display "no signal". So I tried another monitor...same message. What could be wrong with it all of a sudden? This is the kids computer and they are sad

A:turn tower on..beeps 3 times..no image on monitor

To me it could be one of three things if you are comfertable going inside the computer try reseating the ram or if there are two sticks take one out and see if it will boot up if not put it back and take out the other stick and try to boot up if it will boot up with just one stick then the other stick is bad. to test the power supply see if your cd or dvd drive will open are there any lights showing? If its none of the above its your motherboard most probably a capicitators blown or something see if you can spot any dark marks like burn marks on the motherboard. Well I hope its the ram.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/turn-tower-on-beeps-3-times-no-image-on-monitor-311156.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hi, I am going to upgrade my graphic card to ATI 5770 so I need a new power supply which has power about 550--600 watt. But the most frustrating problem is that I failed to find a proper power supply with the correct dimension.
I have an HP pavilion e9300 which uses a very wired power supply tower-150mm(W) 86(H) 140(D). But so far all the PSUs I found is the standard size --150mm(W) 86(H) 150(D) which cannot fit in my setup.

So could any PC God give me some suggestion, please??
Is any PSU with the size of my tower or can I just simply install a bigger PSU which can still successfully power up the comptuer?

Thx in adance.

A:Power supply bigger than the tower - frustrated by HP PSU tower

If the power supply will physically fit your case, it should work fine with your computer. Will the extra 10mm interfere internally with anything inside the PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-bigger-than-the-tower-frustrated-by-hp-psu-tower.148841/
Relevancy 49.45%

I need to retrieve some old info from my old tower. Is it possible to hook the old tower to the new one and use it as a big memory bank? And if so, how do I do it?

A:Hooking old tower to new tower to retrieve old programs

This TCP/IP Home Networking and File Sharing Tutorial should get you started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hooking-old-tower-to-new-tower-to-retrieve-old-programs.613660/
Relevancy 47.73%

Forgot to ask this in my last thread. Is there any difference between a mid-tower ATX case and a full-tower other than height? Thanks.

Relevancy 35.26%

Im looking to buy a tower to replace my old one. Can anyone give me a link for the best tower with os already on it for around 200-300$.I know that not much but im a broke dude I would like to find at least a 2ghz .

A:What tower should i buy?

Dell outlet would be a good place to start. Personally, I would save up a little more and wait for a good deal at Dell.

This is an example of what they have:

System Price : $269.00

Operating System Genuine Windows XP Home
Memory 512 MB DDR NON-ECC SDRAM 400MHz (2 DIMMs)
Hard Disk Drive 40 GB EIDE Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
Modem 56Kbps Data/Fax Modem
Base Dimension 3000 Desktop: Intel Pentium 4 Processor (2.80GHz, 533 FSB)
Media Bay 48X Max Variable CD ROM Drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-tower-should-i-buy.54410/
Relevancy 35.26%

So I recently got a used tower from a buddy of mine for free he told me that there was a virus and needed to be cleaned I thought i could install a windows operating system since With Need Serious Help Tower my this was a windows vista and fix Need Serious Help With my Tower it however when i try to run the installation i get a yellow screen and the computer either freezes or crashes before the start up I was thinking of getting a new hard drive for it I also tried running it on safe mode and tried to get to command prompt to type in rstriu exe to be able to restore it but it seems to keep crashing before i can get past the starting screen its an hp pavilion media center m f pc with an amd athlon x dual core processor mb system memory gb hard drive an nvidia gefore se graphics and running windows vista home premium I was thinking of keeping the tower and buying a new processor hard drive and graphic card if needed but i feel like if i change the hard drive it will help i dont know what to do at this point can anybody help nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

Hello there, the tower on my Windows Xp will not come on. It's plugged in, I swear, the monitor will come on just not the tower. Please give me some good advice.

Thank you much,
Elizabeth

Relevancy 35.26%

I had to buy a new computer A couple months ago I was using an Emachine desktop computer I know Emachines aren t anywhere near being quot the quot but when you come from Tower Old a not so financially stable family you are not greedy Anyway the computer worked for the longest time and I had a separate tower as well The separate tower had Adobe Photoshop on it and that is a program I love to play around in and so I would just take the chord from the back of my Emachines tower that led to the monitor and I would plug it into the older tower without powering down or anything Obviously my first mistake but I didnt knw that at the time So I kept doing this and then one day I went to plug the chord back from the old tower to the Emachines tower and nothing happened It was like the Emachines tower was sending no signal to the monitor anymore I tried different monitors and none of them worked there s something wrong with the tower now Maybe the video card I am computer illiterate to the core so alot of abbreviations tend to stump me If someone could help I would highly appreciate it Being a recent graduate from high school I have pictures on that Emachine tower that I do not want to part with nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

Tech Support Guy System SSD New for tower? old Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total New SSD for old tower? - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - New SSD for old tower? MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation D GCF Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner EnabledClick to expand As shown above I have an older tower that I have modestly upgraded with a SATA DVD drive more RAM and a better video card I was wondering if my system is compatible to a SSD drive and if it is how much would it improve performance Also would I be able to clone my current SATA drive to it nbsp

A:New SSD for old tower?

Well there are three issues I see;
1 Your mb only has sata 2 ports and that will limit or throttle the speed of a modern ssd. It will still be a HUGE improvement over a mech hard disk however you will be somewhat limited.
2 Next issue is that xp [your os] does not support TRIM or wear leveling for the ssd. This causes a degrading of performance over time. Sometimes the drive mfg has a utility that will do basically the same thing. Another option is to make an image of the ssd and store the image on a second hd, external, etc. Once the image is made, boot with parted magic linux and secure erase the ssd. Once the ssd is secure erased, restore the image. This will also restore the ssd drive's speed.
3 XP does not apply the correct partition offset for a ssd. This can be edited manually using linux OR you can create the partitions with a win7/win8 boot disk then install xp.

Other than the above issues, you can install a ssd drive and you will see a significant improvement in performance however not as much as with a modern mb supporting sata3.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-ssd-for-old-tower.1154425/
Relevancy 35.26%

hi guys I am trying to connect my pc tower to tv using s video cable.I have A VIDEO CARD raddeon x300 with s video dvi and vga,TOWER IS A SR5010NX COMPAQ PRESARIO..I need help on connecting this tower to an hitachi53 inch projection screen tv.I get a picture black and white. moving screen.. I am using french version of windows vista basic for some reason when i got the pc formated they added vista and in french.can someone please help.THANKS
By the way I LIKE TO THANK THIS FORUM AND THE PEOPLE WHO HELPED ME WITH THE ISSUE I HAD WITH DVD DRIVE. THANKS GUYS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-tower-to-pc-471966.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Alright, I have this game named Sim Tower, which is a tad bit slow (but shouldnt be). I can manage to install it fine, and even play it off the CD quite well if I wanted to. Although when I start the game, it automatically goes into fast mode (which means time is fast forwarded until there is activity with the people in the game). It hasnt got too much to do with fast mode, but this is when it effects the game speed a lot (mainly the cursor though). I take fast mode off, and then the cursor drags all over the screen, making it nearly impossible to play. At most last time I got to put in some office floors, but Alt F4 Seemed like the best option after that. I have tried running it in compatability mode, and even with this kinda of patch. Any suggestions on how to stop my cursor from slowing down?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sim-tower.450700/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi

I need some info from my old HD. This 'puter was running WIN ME.
I have memory problems that will not allow this to boot or even POST

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?p=2674998#post2674998
My new 'puter is runing XP Home.

I would like to put the old HD into my new machine.
Is this asking for big trouble or should this be ok?

thanks
bm

A:old HD new tower

here's the thing...it depends. if you installed xp on fat32 then yes you can install your old ME HD as a slave and be able to read it...however if you installed xp in NTFS then you'r just plain outta luck. you can't read fat32 with ntfs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-hd-new-tower.370584/
Relevancy 35.26%

hey all I have recently bought a gb seagate sata HD's in One tower Two harddrive to go with my current gb sata harddrive and i think i ve made a right mess of things I installed it fine and everything computer read Two HD's in One tower that is was there etc only i tried to move my files from one hard to another and im sure as you can imagine its all gone pete tong What i was trying to do or aiming to achieve to have one hard drive purely for the OS and the program files that i use and the other for all other filetypes such as documents music and videos etc I have managed to recover some of my data but all of my music a good gbs worth and gbs worth in guitar drum training teaching movies etc etc Is what i m attempting to do possible on windows xp if so how do i do it safely so i don t screw anything else up LOL Many thanks in advance Mikeyprs nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

Hi

I have configured ad-hoc network for internet sharing from my PC. Normally I start it by
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
As I noticed the hotspot is automatically turned off when I turn off WiFi adapter. So I have two questions:

How do I turn on WiFi by command line, so that I can control it from various commandline scripts?
How do I configure the script for WiFi for autostarting hotspot whenever WiFi is turned on?

netsh wlan ...

A:How to turn on WiFi adapter from command line / How to turn on hotspot

Quote: Originally Posted by Anakunda

Hi

I have configured ad-hoc network for internet sharing from my PC. Normally I start it by
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
As I noticed the hotspot is automatically turned off when I turn off WiFi adapter. So I have two questions:

How do I turn on WiFi by command line, so that I can control it from various commandline scripts?
How do I configure the script for WiFi for autostarting hotspot whenever WiFi is turned on?

netsh wlan ...

Ad-Hoc requires that you restart the session each time.

Connectify pro has an auto start option that does this but it's a paid version, connectify lite is free but I'm not sure if has auto start.

Download - Connectify

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/306896-how-turn-wifi-adapter-command-line-how-turn-hotspot.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I have a bit of a strange issue with my and Fans Computer Turn Doesn't on, on Automatically Lights Some Turn computer Forgive me if I m a little too descriptive but I m not sure which details are relevant and which are not for such a problem First the specs Computer Doesn't Turn on, Fans and Some Lights Turn on Automatically Model eMachines T Operating System Windows XP Service Pack Processor Intel Celeron Computer Doesn't Turn on, Fans and Some Lights Turn on Automatically D Processor GHZ K L Cache MHZ FSB Power Supply Unit Bestec Model ATX- - E REV P Motherboard I can t tell but it appears to be an Intel motherboard by the number of Intel labels on it RAM MB DDR SD originally added GB a couple of months ago Let me know if you need anything else Yesterday I got home from shopping around PM and I tried to start the computer I pushed the power button and nothing happened I checked all of the cords and they were all plugged in Not knowing what else to do I opened up the case to see if there was something obviously wrong The only thing that I noticed other than a bunch of dust was that the power supply unit was still hot I shut the computer down about hours earlier after about minutes of use so it seemed strange that the power supply was still hot I unplugged the computer just in case there was some sort of fire hazard At this point I called a friend who suggested that the problem might be with the motherboard or the power supply unit A few hours later I plugged it back in to try to get it to work As soon as I plugged it in the entire unit suddenly started quot running quot by itself I had not pushed the power button yet All of the fans turned on and the light on the front that turns on if the computer is processing something turned on but it was not as if the computer was processing something If the computer is processing something it flickers and clicks a little This was just a solid light with no quot clicking quot I pushed the power button but it didn t turn blue as it usually does if it turns on In fact nothing changed After about a minute and a half the entire unit shut down again and I was not able to get it to do the same thing again When I tried unplugging it and plugging it in again I could hear the unit try to start up again for a second but it would fail again Last night I opened it up to clean out the dust I figured that could be an issue with overheating despite the fans I basically took it apart and put it back together again to no avail I did find one loose wire in the power supply unit When I plugged it in it would turn on lights and fans but not the computer itself as it did earlier in the day but nothing new happened I noticed that a red light would go on when the computer was quot running quot but it would go off as soon as everything else turned off A similar green light would stay on when the computer was plugged in no matter what I did The power supply unit was no longer hot The entire unit except for the green light would shut down after about a minute This morning I tried to get it to work again and it was doing the same thing as it was last night I bought it about years ago when it was being phased out and I was planning on getting a new computer soon anyway so it s not a big deal if it s too serious I d probably try to fix it if I could do so for under Otherwise I ll probably get a new one I didn t really have anything important that I hadn t backed up on there but I d like to save the hard drive if I could I m a novice when it comes to hardware so I d be a little nervous about replacing major components I ve installed RAM and that s about it until last night So the three big questions What s wrong How can I fix it Is it worth fixing nbsp

A:Computer Doesn't Turn on, Fans and Some Lights Turn on Automatically

I would suspect that the Power Supply Unit (PSU) is going south. If you have a spare one laying around, install it and see if the problem goes away.
You can buy a new,better PSU from Newegg for about $40.00. I have used a Thermaltake 430 watt in one of my machines for some time now and it works well.
You will have to check the size of your PSU to be sure a new one will fit into the eMachine.
Here's the page with that PSU on it. It's the last one on the list.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010320058+50001379&name=Thermaltake

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-turn-on-fans-and-some-lights-turn-on-automatically.624796/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi to all Eight forum.
I m here with a strange problem, it happens from yesterday, the problem is when I playing games on my Dell inspiron N4050 and then the main power where the charger pluged in is turn off (it is the most problem in my country that there is heavy short fall of power), the laptop is remain ON just for 2 or 3 seconds and then its suddenly OFF. its not happening before, why is that,? why is the laptop didn't get power from the battery.?
when not playing games. and the main power (electricity) is gone, then this problem is not occurred.
plz understand my problem and reply me.
sorry for my bad English.

A:Laptop suddenly turn off when main power turn off.

Could it be overheating protection?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25770-laptop-suddenly-turn-off-when-main-power-turn-off.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Running Windows Vista Ultimate.

Display turns off after about fifteen minutes regardless of whether I am actively using the computer or not. The only way to turn the display back on is to close and then open the lid. This disconnets me from AOL, so I have to sign back on again, and if I was emailing, I might lose my current email.

Under Power Options, I have 'Turn off the display' set to Never for both On Battery and Plugged in. Under 'Put the computer to sleep' I have both On battery and Plugged in set to never. Nonetheless, the display still shuts off while I am working.

What do I need to do to prevent the display from turning off at odd intervals?

A:Vista Ultimate x64: turn off display, will not turn back on

sounds like your display drivers are crashing.

Do not rely on windows update drivers - go to graphics chipset manufacturer website and get latest drivers

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/103739-vista-ultimate-x64-turn-off-display-will-not-turn-back.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi!
I have this issue that when I turn on my computer, the power LED does not turn on but you can hear the fans working properly. I don't the issue and I'm not much of an expert with computers. Please help me solve this issue because I'm completely clueless.

A:Try to turn on my computer but only the fans work and the power led does not turn on

How old is the computer, what was the last change you made to the computer and when you last shut it down did it shut down correctly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/try-to-turn-on-my-computer-but-only-the-fans-work-and-the-power-led-does-not-turn-on.56997/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello Folks I'm not sure if my issue is with hardware possibly MB or graphics card so please forgive me if I've posted in the wrong section The first problem I was having was random blue screens of death that displayed graphic card driver issues I was able to remedy that by updating my graphic drivers On Monitor, Off PC Later Turn Turn and Running Screen, Black Still and have not had an issue since However ever since then I have been running into another hardware or graphics-related issue that is random and completely stumping me What is happening is I will be on my computer leave and turn my monitor off and randomly when I come back to use my computer again when I turn on the monitor there is no signal and a black screen e g when I turn my monitor on my desktop will pop up and the light on my Turn Off Monitor, Turn On Later and Black Screen, PC Still Running monitor will turn blue when it doesn't turn on there will be a black screen Turn Off Monitor, Turn On Later and Black Screen, PC Still Running and the light on the monitor stays yellow as if it is idle I have tried swapping out the monitor to see if that was the issue and the same problem persists so it does not appear to be my monitor or VGA cables The only way I can temporarily fix this issue is to reboot restart my computer and viola The monitor works again and I can see everything This issue is very random Sometimes I can go weeks without an incident other times this is happening a couple times a week I honestly don't know if it's my motherboard or video card or what My PC isn't overheating I'm not overclocking and all of my drivers are updated I'm not sure what else I can do besides lose more hair at this point Any advice would be greatly appreciated Many thanks

A:Turn Off Monitor, Turn On Later and Black Screen, PC Still Running

try checking your power options settings and set it to high performance then check in advanced power settings and do not allow hard disks to sleep

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/392571-turn-off-monitor-turn-later-black-screen-pc-still-running.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi All,

I am using Windows 8.1 and had to refresh my computer as I was experiencing some problems. Everything seemed to be normal so I started slowly installing the programs I had before. Now a few days after, I find that my wireless device is Off and Flight Mode is On. I have been in settings but the relevant switches are disabled.
Can anybody tell me how to fix this please ? I really don't know how it happened. Can it be that my laptop is still infected ?

Thanks,
Robert

A:Turn Off Flight Mode & Turn On Wireless Devices

Is there a physical switch on your laptop for wireless? Often on the edges of your laptop... easy to miss.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566643/turn-off-flight-mode-turn-on-wireless-devices/
Relevancy 35.26%

I can t turn my computer on The fans and lights turn on for a second and then turn off a few seconds later they ll turn back on and then on, Fans off/on turn turn lights and blink repeatedly. then turn back off I ve had this computer for months now i built it myself it recently started doing this but i d just turn off the PSU Power Supply Unit and turn it back on and it woould fix it now it doesnt fix it anymore i ve re-slotted the RAM Random Access Memory and pushed it in firmly but that hasn t done anything i ve tried different power outlets and pushed everything into the MOBO Motherboard i havent Fans turn on, lights blink and then turn off/on repeatedly. messed around with CPU Processor because that s just a pain in the a i was wondering if there was anything else i could do before having to take it into a local repair shop lol as for my computer specs CPU Processor Fx- AMD GPU R - x AMD RAM Random Access Memory GB Ballistix sport MOBO Motherboard ASRock Extreme R PSU Power Supply Unit Corsair X w Case Rosewill GALAXY thanks nbsp

A:Fans turn on, lights blink and then turn off/on repeatedly.

First, I would unplug everything that isn't necessary. Everything external except for the keyboard and monitor. Internally, just leave the CPU, RAM and video card installed. See if it turns on. If not, you might try and test the power button. Disconnect the power button from the mobo. If the pin headers allow for it, use the reset button as the power button. If not, you can use a flat head screwdriver to power on the computer (cross the two pins for the power button with the blade of the screwdriver). If you do this, just be very careful. Touch only the power button pins and nothing else! You could easily damage components by touching the screwdriver to the wrong thing.

Some motherboards have a power button right on the board that you can press to power on the computer. I looked at a pic of your board and didn't notice one.

If that doesn't do it, plug the power button back in. You might try and play around with the RAM. I don't know if you have 2 or 4 sticks of RAM, but try and boot the computer with only one stick of RAM at a time. If there's a bad stick, you'll find it through this process of elimination.

If none of the above works, then it might be a bad PSU.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fans-turn-on-lights-blink-and-then-turn-off-on-repeatedly.1124638/
Relevancy 35.26%

This is driving me crazy. My HP has Windows 7 and everytime it connects to the internet (wireless connection) Windows Live Messenger opens down in the left hand corner taskbar near the start menu. I close it, and fifteen minutes later it will open again.
I opened the options and unchecked the boxes pretaining to 'Run Windows Live Messenger when windows starts' but it still repeatedly opens. I use hotmail, but i really have no use for Messenger. The program is not listed under add/remove programs. Someone please help me turn this thing off.

A:Solved: Windows Live Messenger-TURN IT OFF TURN IT OFF!

It should be listed in Programs & Features under Windows Live Messenger or Windows Live Essentials. If you still can't find it listed then go to get.live.com and re-download the installer, reinstall it, then uninstall it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-live-messenger-turn-it-off-turn-it-off.898936/
Relevancy 35.26%

I just put together my first computer 6 months ago. It abruply shutdow in the middle of writing a paper for school. I couldn't turn it back on right away. after trying a few times, it turned on. All the fans are working even the fan on the power supply, the motherboards lights are on. My graphic card in on the motherboard. I think it might be my power supply because when I first put it together I didn't plug in the smaller power connection to the motherboard and the same thing is happening, black screen. It's like my computer isn't giving my monitor any feed. I will have more info when I get home. I can't get in to bios or safe mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutdown-doesnt-turn-on-right-away-when-it-does-turn-on-its-black.871317/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello Microsoft team,
We need for an application to unplug and replug usb3 - not physically but with a program.
We checked a lot on the internet but did not find answer how to do it in windows 8.1 pro (in c++).
We know that hibernation creates something alike, but how can we only turn down the power of usb3 and return the power back on back via program (in c++).
Thank you for your help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cb0a5c21-4dd5-47a0-8cb7-e284b49be1a3/turn-down-the-power-of-usb3-and-turn-it-on-back-via-program?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 35.26%

Wife updated Norton twice and had two Norton Firewalls and Windows Firewalls running together. Paid twice for the 2 updates. Removed Norton Completely and then re-installed Norton 360 Security Version 5, but am still unable to turn off Windows Firewall under Windows XP Pro and also cannot turn on Automatic updates, getting message "we're Sorry, the Security Center could NOT change your Automatic Windows Update setting. To try changing these settings, go to SYSTEM in Control Panel. On the Automatic Updates Tab, select AUTOMATIC (recommended) and then click OK. None of this works, then tried using an app to reset Security Settings and that didn't work either. Any suggestions on what I try next. I would like to reinstall Norton 360 Internet Security Version 5, I know there are those out there that hate Norton and the overhead that comes with it, but over the years I've gotten used to it and I like it very much. Thank you, PhotoRay

A:In XP Pro can't turn off Windows Firewall or Turn on Automatic Updates

How did you remove Norton in the first place?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397168/in-xp-pro-cant-turn-off-windows-firewall-or-turn-on-automatic-updates/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi there, Not sure if this is the right forum for this question......

But basically i wanna upgrade my desktop PC. I don't need Monitor, keyboard, printer etc i just wanna buy a new Tower and plug it straight in.

Now does anyone know of any good websites i could look at, prefably in the UK as thats where i live.

Also just a bit of advise regarding 32 bit & 64 bit, what exactly does this mean and where on the PC spec is it shown?

Many Thanks

Relevancy 35.26%

I was fixing someone's computer. (Win XP). All of a sudden this computer crashed. While I wasn't there. This person called Gateway (the maker of their computer). They said it was most likely a short in the tower. Does anyone know of symptoms the computer would be experiencing if this was a short in the tower. (Before the actual crash, her computer was giving the same error message and it had been happening for over a year now). Thanks.

Relevancy 35.26%

I almost had my tower catch fire because the power supply fan stopped. The cputhermometer software wouldn?t shut it down because the cpu operates at only 40c but the mother board and the other wiring was melting. By the time the cpu would be effected by the ambient temperature it would be too late. I am trying to find a method of sensing an overheating problem which would be an independent stand alone system. Even though my system has fans everywhere and is dust free I still want it to be safe from setting its self on fire when I?m away.
Would someone please know of a solution.

A:tower melt down

This is some interesting reading
It's a pdf document
www.freeweb.hu/t-t/elokep/pic/download/tb067a.pdf

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230524/tower-melt-down/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi for the past few days I have been hearing sounds coming from my tower. I just had it cleaned about 2 months ago, so I don't think it is could be dust built up on the fan. It sounds like it is trying to load a disk, but there isn't on in the slot where you put one. Any help would be great.

Thank you,
dlkseedig

A:Tower sounds

Describe the sound better. Is it a clicking? A beep? A drives clicking sounds bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tower-sounds.543752/
Relevancy 35.26%

I'm hearin' a new song in my case... It's a Dell Dim 2400, 4 y/o, P4, to which I've just added two HD's, and two [in-spec] ramsticks.

No operational problems; just the buzz/hum sound. It's not rhythmic, or regular. Does it when idling, or photo editing.

And nothing shows in tasman... I'm thinkin' it's my original HD, although it does NOT make the same sound as a HD that's busy - like defragin', or a crash from an app that's wrong. Just a buzz, or hum.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Relevancy 35.26%

solved

A:Optiplex GX1 Tower

Jonathon,

You need to use Thread Tools in the ORIGINAL Post to flag you Q as solved. Creating an unrelated new Post is a compounded problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/optiplex-gx1-tower.366470/
Relevancy 35.26%

I just got back from being out of town; went to check my email and my computer won't turn on. Everything else is getting power just fine: printer, scanner, router, modem, keyboard, screen. The light won't even come on on the tower. I have: unplugged and replugged from tower and the wall; tried a different and known-to-work power cord; used the toggle on the back of the tower to turn on and off; held the on button in for 5-10 seconds; opened up the case and made sure everything inside is seated firmly.

Any thoughts? I'm a pretty basic user but can follow directions!

Thanks.

Relevancy 35.26%

Hmm, hey guys, I'm looking for a new case to replace my current raggidy, ugly, overall horrible looking case.

Want to help me in this adventure of mines?

Here's what I would like:
-Black case
-Mid Tower
-Comes with 1 or 2 120mm fans
-Power supply is optional
-Something durable yet not soo heavy that I cant even pick up.

thanks

Relevancy 35.26%

i have no idea whats causing it but it started a few days ago while i was playing lotro but when i would log out of the game it would no longer do it now it is doing it all the time it is coming from the tower itself it is the beep u hear when u first turn the computer on but its constant and other than it the computer is running fine what can i do to stop this? ive ran a spyware scan a virus scan even registry repair and nothing is correcting it ty to anyone that can help me solve this problem

A:My Tower Keeps Beeping

What is the Operating system on this PC,Xp?
This is more likely a hardware issue what is the make and model of the PC?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/147424/my-tower-keeps-beeping/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hey I have recently ran into a problem with my computer a few days ago while moving furniture my couch fell and PC hit tower was after BSOD hit into my PC case no damage was done to the case but BSOD after PC tower was hit I have been having a few problems since The PC was running as it was hit the PC remained on and I was able to use it normally I booted my PC up the next morning and was told that windows was unable to load correctly and to either launch into repair mode or start normally I tried repair mode and it finished but after rebooting again I received the message again Occasionally while trying to boot up I would see a very quick flash of a Blue Screen but it was not in my mini dump folder After hearing that the hit to my PC may have caused damage to my SSD i decided to get it checked out after having the SSD checked out at a PC Repair Shop I was told that the SSD was fine but he believed that the cause of the BSOD was a half installed Windows update My PC was fine again for about a day but then I got another BSOD this morning luckily this one has appeared in the minidump folder so hopefully someone will be able to shed a little light on what may be causing this So far I have not received the quot Windows was unable start quot message since getting my PC looked at by the Repair Shop I have attached the zip from SF Diagnostic Tool Thanks in advanced prizna

A:BSOD after PC tower was hit

SSD is take no damage from the vibrations like HDD does. However the driver causing the BSOD is the Intel Rapid Storage Technology. You might wanna remove that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/353576-bsod-after-pc-tower-hit.html
Relevancy 35.26%

This may sound strange but. I pulled an old tower out of my closet to see if it works. It kinda does. When I turn it on the fans go and the lights to but it dosent turn on on. It's like its in a standby. But yesterday I was messing with it and I went to move it (it was still on) and I heard a click, the fans slowed down, and the computer fully turned on. I am at my limit here. What do I do!?

Relevancy 35.26%

I have just had a phone call from me girlfriend. Her pc tower is not turning on when she presses the ON button on the front of the pc. She has unplugged all units, inc printer, monitor and scanner. Then plugged them back in, the tower is the only thing that is still not working. Now the printer is not working either.

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Relevancy 35.26%

A little bit ago my son had New Restarting Tower some problems and I got help here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t son-caught-something Now Why I'm here I purchased a new tower rather my hubby did - I want to make sure there is no problem resulting from what my son had See topic above Also I notice my computer restart at least once after starting up No errors or anything it just restarts and closes all windows Not sure if this is New Tower Restarting virus related but I'm hoping you can help resolve this issue I run trend Micro Pc-cillin all updates I ran scans nothing found I also tried trendmicro but it keeps getting stuck in idle just before done Windows XP Digital Media ManagerEmachines T Soft pack All critical updates done cpu ghz mb ramOk here is my Hijack log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM SVCHOST EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOLSV EXEC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS zHotkey exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exeC Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PCCTLCOM EXEC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TMPROXY EXEC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TMPFW EXEC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exeC Documents and Settings Owner My Documents ComputerStuff hijackthis sfx HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http dslstart verizon net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway com g startpage html Ch DTP amp M T R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway com g startpage html Ch DTP amp M T O - BHO Trend Micro Antifraud Toolbar - - E- D -A DE-E DA BE - C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PccIeBar dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c windows system BAE dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dllO - Toolbar Trend Micro Antifraud Toolbar - F FD- A - -A - AB CFF AF - C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PccIeBar dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run readericon C Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeO - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEO - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEO - HKLM Run CHotkey zHotkey exeO - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run MSKDetectorExe C Program Files McAfee SpamKiller MSKDetct exe uninstallO - HKLM Run pccguide exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe O - HKLM Run iTune... Read more

A:New Tower Restarting

Log looks fine - Explain the restarting in greater detail - how old is this towerDo this to verify all is OKDownload Superantispywarehttp://www.superantispyware.com/superantis...efreevspro.html Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.? It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.? Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.? Click the Scanning Control tab.? Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:o Close browsers before scanningo Scan for tracking cookieso Terminate memory threats before quarantining.o Please leave the others unchecked.o Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.? On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.? On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.? On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.? Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.? After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.? Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.? It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.? To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.o Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).o Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.? Click close and close again to exit the program.? Please paste that information here for me with a new HijackThis log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76336/new-tower-restarting/
Relevancy 35.26%

hi, i have a Hp pavallion a600n, and once in a while it crashes, and when ir estart it jams up on the hp startup screen, then i restart it again and it will start up normally, i run malwarebytes antimalware from time to time to clean it out, any other suggestion on what i can do to make sure the system is clean please?

A:My Hp tower crashes sometimes?

Hello,lets get some logs and see what we have.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size. List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking How to enter safe mode(XP/Vista)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. >>>> Download this file and doubleclick on it to run it. Allow the information to be merged with the registry.RKill....Download and Run RKillPlease download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next replyDo not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.Next run Superantisypware (SAS): Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home UsersDouble-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the Scanning Control tab.Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425032/my-hp-tower-crashes-sometimes/
Relevancy 35.26%

I don't know if this is the right forum for it but...

I was wondering if there is any problem with placing a subwoofer on top of my PC? It's a pretty small sub and doesn't vibrate so much but I was just wondering if anyone knows of any problems with this?

Relevancy 35.26%

Hi everyone, newbie here :) My question: I recently purchased a refurbished Dell 780 Optiplex DT, small form pc. I would like to put in in a tower case, that way I can use a standard dvd drive, and and perhaps a better power supply (I did some research and found a wiring schematic showing how to convert a standard supply to work with these little fellers :) but not sure what type case to use..any suggestions? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993622
Relevancy 35.26%

My wife has over 5000 itune songs on the computer. We have decent litte logitec speakers but they still dont sound all that great. If I bought a pair of tower stereo speaker is there anyway to hook them to the PC?

A:tower speakers

If I bought a pair of tower stereo speaker is there anyway to hook them to the PC?

There is a possibility but there is a need to know what kind of in/output jack on the logitech speakers are being used. Usually the 3.5mm stereo plug jack type can be soldered on the speaker wires and then connect on the logitech 3.5 jacks audio out. The in audio jack then would be connected to your PCs audio jack. There are also dual 3.5 mm male/female to RCA audio adapter http://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Stereo-splitter-Adapter-Female/dp/B004D0LTL2 if you prefer the RCA cable. All audio outputs should pass the amplified speakers going to the PC. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511374/tower-speakers/
Relevancy 35.26%

i have a yr old desktop hp humming tower pc pc with mb of mem recently added motherboard is a trigem have celeron processer ghz i have two fans inside case first one is cpu fan the other fan is inclose inside its own case inside the pc tower and blows hot air outside the pc through the back below that is a vent the sides of pc tower have vents but are small the pc tower is sitting on two sm bricks that allow air to flow underneath it i have the pc tower in a desk cabinet with the door on the front that can be open which i have open when pc is on the back of the cabinet is open pc tower humming so air can escape and so i can hook up wires to pc i also have made sm pc tower humming vents in both sides of desk cabinet to allow for cross ventlation thus my problem i still notice a humming from pc at times when visiting gaming sites not the poker sites but sites like teagames com mousebreaker com etc i usually download sm size games under mb but don t play them everyday what i notice is when i do play these games after a while i notice pc get noiser and right side of tower gets a little warm to the touch leaving site pc quiets down and tower cools off but i still notice faint humming noise coming from pc almost have to put ear to tower to hear it any ideas or thoughs on a possible solution would be big help nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

Do I need repair?
The tower case gets hot enough to make you "OUCH" when touched

Relevancy 35.26%

Im working on Compaq something tower. Doing a favor for the mother in law. This tower is her co-workers and asked if I could look at it.

At first glance, all the internal cables and wired are firmly attached. So I direct my attention to the power source, It is equipped with a green led light (to tell its getting power I assume). This little green light is not lighting up when plugged in. Its doing nothing. Power source model is a Bestec ATX-250-12z

Any ideas or suggestions?

A:Tower not getting power?

Hi garaboldi,

This might sound daft, but I've done it before. Have you made sure that you have plugged it in and switched on at the wall socket? Is there power to the wall socket? Try with another appliance that you know is working. Does the fuse need changing in the plug, and is the wiring secure?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/211783-tower-not-getting-power.html
Relevancy 35.26%

im going to update my stock case fans with a couple Vantec torndoes. the only issue i am afraid of is actually causing a vacuum within the case as to where the air can actually be sucked back through my power unit causing it to over heat.... is this possible?

A:new tower fans

Originally Posted by narcopletic pc

im going to update my stock case fans with a couple Vantec torndoes. the only issue i am afraid of is actually causing a vacuum within the case as to where the air can actually be sucked back through my power unit causing it to over heat.... is this possible?

it is happening, per the new PC case layouts were seeing with the PSU on the floor of the case sucking straight from the outside & venting it back out the rear..

but the old case design has worked perfectly for years with the PSU at the top, thats why a 140mm fan was added to newer PSUs to help remove hot air from the case

but its not really an issue, your PSU will never die from the extra heat of your components...

it is on the other hand possible to create a ''dead spot'' where the PSU fan cannot extract due to chassis fan configs, but each case is different so its something you would have to test.

move your chassis fans to different locations each time holding your hand by the PSU exhaust, see if the flow changes at all. (i doubt it will)

i always try to put a ''positive'' pressure inside the case (more intake than exhaust), so air cant be sucked in through cracks & drive bays, thus lowering dust coverage

but a PSU can get very hot so i wouldnt worry too much....

SK

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/193380-new-tower-fans.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I'm looking to upgrade my dad's computer setup. He has a Gateway with Windows 98 -- all hardware from around '97 or '98. It needs upgraded so I wanted to get something like this new tower, but he wants to keep the same monitor. Will a 10+ year old monitor work with a modern tower?

A:Getting a new tower for old monitor

it will definitely work , it will just look like crap.. its totally worth getting an LCD if what you currently have is an older CRT monitor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-a-new-tower-for-old-monitor.979855/
Relevancy 35.26%

hello. My sister pulled the power cable from the back of the tower while her computer was on, now when i turn it on, the fan is abnormally loud. No image to the monitor what-so-ever. is there a fix to this? thank you =]

A:Odd tower issue

Sounds like some stuff got fried. It could be your Mobo. Isolating your hardware might be a good idea in figuring out what got fried. Do you have another graphics that you could swap for the one presently installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-tower-issue.112025/
Relevancy 35.26%

Several months ago I bought an Elite Cooler Master Tower It was in Tower Air Flow for a build for a file server I liked it because it had a section on the front for quot hard drives I figured I could take advantage of that Plus it was cheap Also I liked other Cooler Master Products and I figured that they knew how to deal with air flow I ve messed with stacking hard drives in the slots to see how well air flow would work I have since wondered whether or not I made the right decision Any Air Flow in Tower thought about air flow in all the hard drive slots is welcome Here are some pictures http www coolermaster-usa com product php product id http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E To a lesser extend I also bought a module for converting the quot bay into at least quot hard drives There is air flow around the hard drives albeit the air flow space is quot http www coolermaster-usa com product php product id http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E amp Tpk cooler master module nbsp

A:Air Flow in Tower

It's not specific to just that Cooler Master case. In any situation where you stack numerous drives, air flow is impeded as there typically isn't much space between the drives. You would overcome the issue by using fans to suck more air through the case.

As for the module, it converts 3 (not the - inferring one) 5.25" bays. I prefer the Icy Dock model as the drives are all accessible from the outside. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817994028

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/air-flow-in-tower.1018162/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello:I can't afford a new computer right now and I wanna know how can I find out what the Best? parts I can get to upgrade my tower. It dosen't play games very well IE Steam games. Also where can I gtet these parts? Thank you Larry

A:I would like to know how to upgrade my tower please

@BigLarryMan?, welcome back to the forum. Here is the Product Specifications page for the computer.  You can upgrade the processor, memory, video card and power supply unit (PSU). The processor and memory upgrade information entries will give a list of compatible upgrades. Newer video cards require UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard BIOS.  The last video cards that didn't require UEFI are the GTX 660/670.  They are very powerful cards.  As for the PSU, I like Corsair products.  I recommend at least 500W.  A modular PSU is good for a small case because you only have to use the cables that are absolutely necessary. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-would-like-to-know-how-to-upgrade-my-tower-please/td-p/5698493
Relevancy 35.26%

Looking for feedback on this new desktop. I am looking to replace a Dell XPS435T / 9000 that I purchased in April 2009 which has served me well.

1. Does the XPS Tower VR require s "Pure Sine Wave" UPS like the XPS435T / 9000?
2. I am planning on having a total of there hard drives in addition to the SSD. Based on the information that I have seen this seems to be possible.
3. I am also trying to determine exactly what 512GB M.2 SSD is being provided.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989306
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi all I am about one? CPU I cooling the or tower Should my old OEM use to start my computer upgrade and have a question The AMD FX- Vishera GHz GHz Turbo Socket AM W Six-Core Desktop Processor I am using came with a cooling tower in the box http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E It s not nearly as big as the one I purchased Should I use my old CPU cooling tower or the OEM one? for my previous iteration back in It s a Rosewill RCX-Z mm Ball CPU Cooler http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item Should I use my old CPU cooling tower or the OEM one? N E My question is should I go with the new smaller one or remove clean and re-use my Rosewill cooler on this CPU It has seen almost continuous use since I built it in but I am not an overclocker and most use is light I do occasionally use it for gaming but not extensively I am certain the Rosewill has far greater cooling capacity but I don t know about the longevity I might expect to get out of it Should I use my old CPU cooling tower or the OEM one? It s still very quiet and seems to be perfect in every way so far I am on a budget so would prefer not to buy a new aftermarket one but rather choose between the two I currently have available PS my computer case has a side fan in addition to the big one on the back of the case Any thoughts would be appreciated nbsp

A:Should I use my old CPU cooling tower or the OEM one?

if u read the comments in the newegg link for the Vishera alot of people are saying the stock heatsink sucks......so probably use the rosewill cooler if it is quiet and works well.......... and i wouldn't worry about longevity, u can always replace the fan on it if and when it fails

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-i-use-my-old-cpu-cooling-tower-or-the-oem-one.1097093/
Relevancy 35.26%

Is the back fan of the pc tower suppose push air out or take in air and how do you reduce the noise level for it.

Relevancy 35.26%

Has anyone ever tried 2PSU's in one tower? I ask because I'd like just one to run my video card <ATI X800GTO> so I'd like to know if that's worthwhile since I have a few laying around that are not all that great. I know it's probably a stupid question, go easy on me.... ;>)

A:2 PSUs in one tower?

I've never heard of that being done. I don't know where you would get the room. I would recommend that you get a new Psu with greater wattage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-psus-in-one-tower.122693/
Relevancy 35.26%

i want one for hopefully $400 to $500. i want to be able to play YouTube video's on an

HDTV that will be connected to it. i want to be able to open multiple tabs at the same time

on my Firefox browser. i am not a gamer. i don't do video, movie or major graphic editing. i

can't open multiple tabs at the same time on my present PC. it has a core i3 processor. my

memory usage stays around 2GB Even during video playing. i don't use much processor

power even when playing video's. i have an Intel HD graphics card.

Relevancy 35.26%

I have an eMachines T which I use as up boot Tower Need help. won't a file server I normally leave it running continuously but I inadvertently shut off the breaker to that room while replacing an electrical switch When I tried to restart the computer it won t go It s getting power The fan in the power supply runs but the hard drive doesn t seem to kick in The monitor displays the eMachine logo and says quot Bios information Need help. Tower won't boot up lt F gt quot Need help. Tower won't boot up which doesn t work When I restart the fans kick on but after a couple of seconds - just about long enough for the logo to display on the monitor - but then already the pitch or whine of the fans begins slowing down as it returns to it s resting mode I also tried putting a setup disk in the optical drive but although the drive spins it won t go into the boot mode so it s not looking at those drives I ve tried it more than a dozen times - completely cutting power powering it down and back on using the power button unplugging and plugging back in Nada Someone told me to replace the power supply but I thought I d check here to see if anyone has any experience with this problem Would appreciate any advice or tips Note I do routinely blow the dust out of the fans and from the case It stays very clean since it s in an unused room and it doesn t even get very dusty The company server at work gets a dust buildup like dryer lint about every two weeks but mine wouldn t get THAT dirty in a whole year if I didn t blow it out from time to time so I don t think dirt is an issue unless it s really deep inside the power supply nbsp

A:Need help. Tower won't boot up

Your eMachines is one of those with the infamous failing motherboard. The motherboard failure eventually causes the power supply to fail, and your symptoms are simlar to what we have seen a great number of times... well over 125 times, and we have a lot of failed eMachines in our barn awaiting resolution. Your hard drive, memory, cpu and heatsink are likely still good, and you can rescue the data. But it is possible your motherboard will not work properly again. You might borrow a power supply to test, but I would not waste money on one.
eMachines wants $179 plus shipping for the board, plus $75 for the power supply.

It could also be something as simple as a bad hard drive, and a replacement for $50 or $60 from Newegg, Directron, TigerDirect, Outpost, or ZipZoomfly will take care of it. You can probably still recover the data off the old drive by placing it in an external USB enclosure. Borrow or buy, you can always use another hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-tower-wont-boot-up.122938/
Relevancy 35.26%

im looking for the thermalright 120 i cant find it on newegg at all any help and the cheapest price would be nice

A:Where to buy a true tower 120?

Here you go:
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5...k_-_Socket_LGA_1366_775_AM2_AM2_AM3_Xeon.html

though I believe the Prolimatech Megahelms often outperforms it, and it is the same price:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8...A_775_1366_AM2_AM2_AM3_SPECIAL_PRICE_HOT.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-to-buy-a-true-tower-120.135119/
Relevancy 35.26%

hi i have a Philips Freevent ls1600 it keeps locking up and in the tower display there is a symbol with a keyboard and two z above it and a time starting at 1200 i have to wait till the time goes to about 0100 then i can log on also when i shut the computer down the power is still going to the tower with the above symbol still showing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/locked-tower-621449.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Recently sound began playing out of my computer tower as well as through the speakers. It seems to happen of its own accord. Sometimes it stops when I restart the computer and sometimes it doesn't.

What do I need to do to fix this? Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Sound through the tower

Open the windows volume control and make sure system speaker
is muted.
If there is any other software like the realtek control panel,check
there too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-through-the-tower.870036/
Relevancy 35.26%

I am purchasing a new Intel Core 2 Quad Processor system. I wish to keep and use my old Dell Dimension 8200 tower with extra hard drives, optical drives and 1.44 floppy drive for storage and whatever. My new machine has Windows Vista Home Premium. The old machine has Windows XP SE2. My home network has three computers wireless and wired.

Where can I learn how to set up and utilize this older tower on my home network? Do I need to leave a full operating system on it? What else do I need to know to make this work efficiently?

'I am guessing the old tower would be a "server." I'm a neophyte when it comes to these matters. All help including the very basics would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 35.26%

About 6 months ago, i was moving furniture around in my room and whilst moving, my tower fell over and hit my carpet, and the case cracked. Ive been using my older tower for quite some time now. Ive deleted all viruses, spyware, addware...still didnt help. anyways to the point..I tried to hook up my other tower, which is alot better, but whenever i hook it up and turn it on, i get no reaction from the monitor. Ive tried unplugging and replugging it, and the dell symbol shows up on my monitor but then my monitor goes blank. Ive tried hitting f8 many times, but nothing comes up. Can anyone help me? Ive also opened my tower, cleared any dust, and all parts are connected as they should be.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-monitor-and-tower.660605/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hey guys,

i was wondering if anyone knew or could recommend a tower, full would be nice, that has the space for 3 hard drives; but with generous space for hdd coolers to be mounted on each.

Currently have a midi tower, micro atx with 3 hdd but they are literally bunked together and no fan at all can be fitted between them. this is quite unstable i would imagine. Temps are around 45c; when i had one it was about 21c. so i just need a case that would accomidate for 3 hard drives that allows space, about at least an inch between. also be nice if the case had memory card reader built in with a nice design. price doesn't really matter.

cheers!

Relevancy 35.26%

Hi...Lately, I have been getting noises in my tower when I run on line tests like Panda Active Scan and Window Security Trojan Scan that are like those that emergency vehicles make in Europe. It doesn't happen with Housecall antivirus or when I run Ad Aware se. Sometimes the same noise comes when I run Spybot 1.3. The noise stops at the end of the scan and no viruses are found. What can I do to stop this because it does get rather annoying?
Regards.

Relevancy 35.26%

Iv no idea how to find out the make or moduel of the fan One day last year it beggan to make strange noises rattling When i reset the pc tower PC fan noisy is it stopped I looked online recently and found it could be multiple reasons so i opend the pc took a good look inside removed the fan cleaned very single area of the fan put it back in ensuring nothing was damaged When i turn the pc on and im looking at the fan it seems to be working perfectly but with the noise If i run my finger along the smooth centre to slow it it makes no noise If i slow it down with the three speed button thing that hangs from the fan then it still makes a noise The fan has lie a suspension on it and when i press PC tower fan is noisy it in theres no noise when i let it go the noise rattles again I personally think that inside the fan right where the motor is spinning theres is a problem of dust or something but i can t be sertain I want my fan to make no noise but be on full speed as befour since im a heavy gamer and i work with music too What should i do If i want to buy a new fan how do i choose one that will fit into it s place My pc uses a fan for the power supply a fan for the cpu and a fan on the side of the tower What do i do if i want to add more fans to my pc tower nbsp

A:PC tower fan is noisy

To find a fan or a similar size, just measure the old one in mm and get the same size locally or online. Case fans are generally 80MM, 92mm or 120mm.

Adding fans where they are no holders or screw holes would require something as simple as twist or zip ties or actually modifying the case to accept more fans.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-tower-fan-is-noisy.147806/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello!

I'm wondering whether it's okay to run my Dell Dimension 4600 tower on its side for a few hours. Is that going to cause HDD problems? If I try it on its side will I cause any damage if it won't run, or will it just refuse to go?? There's also a gfx card in it.

I'm hoping that it can run on its side so I can mount my LCD monitor on top of it and have a nice, compact little tower/monitor combo that I can use as a synth via MIDI for a performance.

Thanks for your input,
~Charlie

Relevancy 35.26%

Hi. Well i have got an HP slimline and had problems with gaming since i have a integrated gfx card, so as i have discovered that a integrated gfx card is not very good i wanted to buy a new one that is more powerful, untill i found out that my slimline is too small to even put a decent gfx card in although i have a slot.
Well i have just bought this computer and do not want to buy a new one. is there a way to take all my things out and put it in a bigger tower then will i be able to fit a better gfx card in? if so how can i even do it.
Thanks for reading and i hope you can help.

Relevancy 35.26%

I have been looking for a new computer, was going towards a laptop because of the size of computer, saw a new tower yesterday which just sits next to PC about 6inches long and 2inches high & 4 inches deep, has 2gb hard drive and 2gb memory, do you have any thoughts about this being as good as the normal size tower? Not sure where I should post this hope its okay on this forum.

Barbaramac.

A:Solved: tower for PC

Well, a 2GB harddrive is practically microscopic in storage capacity.

I can only assume that the processor is weak, and the graphics card would need to be to fit comfortably in a case that size.

To answer your question, no, it is nowhere near as good as most fullsize desktops, and is a lot worse than most laptops. The only thing that really compares to the tower you described are the ultra-portable notebooks that are mainly used for word processing and web surfing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-tower-for-pc.728337/
Relevancy 35.26%

During a recent thunderstorm, I shut down my computer for protection. disconnected power. After the storm I reconnected the power and turned on the system and nothing. I have an e-machine model T2984 with XP Windows Home. I have looked inside the tower and can see a small green light burning. Am I missing a reset button or have I lost the power supply unit? The machine has worked great until this problem. The machine is approx. 3 to 4 years old. Anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 35.26%

I was on my computer when it froze. I tried to get to the task manager by clear alt delete bt it wouldn't work. So I shut it off via power button. When I tried to stat it up it wouldn't turn on. I tried checking the cords and the power source but I couldn't find anything wrong. I unplug the powe cord and tried again the CD drive light and a yellow light below the power light flashed but nothing else. The power light seems to be red. I don't know what's wrong with it could you help? My computer info Compaq Windows XP Home Editor, Intel inside celeron processor. Thank you.

Relevancy 35.26%

Hello,
Was looking for advice on running two monitors/Screens in separate rooms off of one tower..
Should I try to get two video cards, or is there a successful way to have a Split like VGA cable to run to two separate rooms, from one tower/video card?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Relevancy 35.26%

hI I am new to this site not sure if I have come to the right place or not??
I know absolutely nothing about computers.
I hooked up a used tower it worked great for 15 mins then comp. froze. tried to reboot and orange light came on moniter stayed black..tower is not making any beeps at all..Can some one help???

A:Tower Not Working

Do you happen to have any of the computer's specs you can post?
Problems like this could be a number of things, but my guess is either dead PSU or motherboard.

Let's start here: open up the case, and see if there are any led lights on the motherboard that are lit up, even when the power is off, as long as it is plugged in you should get something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tower-not-working.38498/
Relevancy 35.26%

I am running Windows 2000Pro on a Vectra 400 series tower. The unit seems like a heavy duty work horse, but is a bit noisier than I am used to hearing in a business setting. At a job I left sometime back and in my current position we are using XP on newer and smaller HP towers. They run very quietly. I am trying to set my unit up to do voice-over freelance work. Is there anything I can do to run a bit quieter. Also I downloaded a backup program called LojiklSweep for my system. Any suggestions for checking to make sure they have all of my backup material on file in case this older system takes a dive?

Relevancy 35.26%

I want to know if i can add another tower to my current computer, i just want to add a tower and no monitor. In this tower i want to just put a CD RW drive and whatever it takes to run that drive (if anything is needed). also i might like to put another hard drive and other drives like a DVD ROM. if possible i might like to add more RAM (if i can use this for the computer that has the monitor attached to it.)

can i do any of this?

thanks for your help.

Relevancy 35.26%

I have a Xigamatek CPC-T45UB-U01 Asgard Chassis tower where the PSU is a top mount.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xigmatek-CP...0680271&sr=8-3

Does it make a big difference when the PSU is mounted at the top or bottom?.

I really need to know as i have just purchased a new mb, i was also thinking of purchasing a case with a bottom mount for a psu.

I need to hear some info before i make my mind up.

As always, i appreciated the advice.

A:PC tower PSU top or bottom?

I can always mod the the case, adding a new hole on the top in the centre for a fan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/195948-pc-tower-psu-top-bottom.html
Relevancy 35.26%

A friend recently gave me an old tower of his with Windows XP installed. He did not give me a monitor. I was hoping I could use a VGA monitor cable and be able to plug that cable into my laptop and the tower but I am having difficulties. There is no place for me to "physically" boot up to that tower. Do I need to buy another/different cable to do something like this?

A:Tower with no Monitor

Quote: Originally Posted by codyw

A friend recently gave me an old tower of his with Windows XP installed. He did not give me a monitor. I was hoping I could use a VGA monitor cable and be able to plug that cable into my laptop and the tower but I am having difficulties. There is no place for me to "physically" boot up to that tower. Do I need to buy another/different cable to do something like this?

Don't even think about using the laptop screen as the desktop monitor unless you know exactly what you are doing, how the desktop was configured, etc. What you are proposing is having the XP desktop set up like a headless server, connecting the desktop and laptop via a crossover cable (or connecting to a network) then "running" the desktop using remote access from the laptop. Not a simple undertaking.

Buy a cheap used monitor and keyboard for the desktop - it's cheaper than replacing a fried laptop!

Regards,
GEWB

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/175910-tower-no-monitor.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello, i just bought an hp z240 workstation (tower format).I'm trying to configure a transcend m.2 30GB drive. After installing it on the dedicate m.2 slot on the motherboard i can't see it in the bios and even in windows 7.the first drive is connected on sata0 (original 1tb hdd with win 7 installed on it)On bios settings the m.2 slot is enabled. any suggestion? Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/m-2-ssd-on-hp-z240-tower/td-p/5639374
Relevancy 35.26%

well- at least i think it is. lately there has been a wierd burning smell coming from my tower. i've been shutting it down when i smell it, but i was wondering if anyone had any idea what it is and what i can do about it. i think the fan may be broken. is this the beginning of the end for my little puter?

Relevancy 35.26%

Hi all im looking at building a tower for general use and gaming as cheap as possible and best place to buy parts mainly what u reccomend i get please help

A:Help on building new tower

hmmm anyone please

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-on-building-new-tower.175355/
Relevancy 35.26%

I just put together my new computer for the first time successfully Now I am wondering what to do with my old one Its still operating however it is approx years old running on an Intel Pentium I m old my not? scavenge tower To or not sure what components it has atm but I am wondering if I should look to see if anything it has is worth adding or installing in my new build My current tower has To scavenge my old tower or not? the following and my old tower had both a cd burner and a dvd burner plus some additional RAM i added but it probably isn t compatible I also know To scavenge my old tower or not? it was running a Radeon Sapphire gfx card Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe MKNSSDCR GB-DX quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALX GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Corsair Carbide Series R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ASUS P Z -V PRO GEN LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS XFX HD- X-CNDC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC HP X Multiformat DVD Burner Black SATA Model i LightScribe Support CORSAIR H CWCH Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply nbsp

A:To scavenge my old tower or not?

Somewhere there is a young and budding computer tech who would love to have that, and improve upon it, if the price is right.

Otherwise, it is always helpful to have a computer in reserve for when things do not go right. on the new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/to-scavenge-my-old-tower-or-not.175341/
Relevancy 35.26%

Ok, i have a great idea, it may be idiotic so that is why i am posting this here.. to get some feedback.

I have gotten my cpu down to 32 C when idle using arctic silver 5.

That is very good, yet I am still not satisfied!

I know that water cooling is even better, but even that can only get the temperature down to as cool as the ambient room temperature is , correct? which would be only as low as about 22C then.

My idea is.... buy a small refrigerator or freezer and put my whole cpu tower inside!!

this should get the temperature down to about 0C or lower with a freezer!

Anytime I want to use the cd drive, i simply open the freezer door, not a big deal! This also allows me to overclock a lot!

What does anyone think of this idea? Would it somehow be dangerous?

appreciate any input thanks