Windows Support Forum

Lost wireless signal on wireless router

Q: Lost wireless signal on wireless router

I have an older ativa router don't know the model number right off but it has worked fine and I have 4 hardwired computers wired in and on occasion i use my netbook for a wireless connection. I haven't used it in a few weeks and now it won't work. nothing has been changed on any computer. I can sometimes get a connection but it show packages sent but none received and wont work. do you think the wireless part of the router went bad and how do I know how to check. Please help need the wireless service for my netbook and my new laptop which would not pick up the signal either and i have no password or restrictions on it . They normally just pick it up and work. Please help if you know what i need to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-wireless-signal-on-wireless-router.170898/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lost wireless signal on wireless router

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 21.93%

Power outage due to storm. Came back on without pictures and documents. It's an HP desktop. Would a file recovery program work? I've tried some of the instructions online, but they don't work.

A:Lost pictures on Windows 7 from power outage

Oh mary; I feel your pain. Were the pics within one folder and now they're ALL missing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-pictures-on-windows-7-from-power-outage.217351/
Relevancy 35.69%

Samsung has announced a new pair of monitors today that both feature Qi wireless charging in their stands, allowing you to easily charge your Qi-compatible smartphone on your desk without the clutter of a separate charging plate.

Read more

A:Samsung's new range of monitors feature Qi wireless charging

Yeah...that's awesome. That's actually where I place my phone anyway

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsungs-new-range-of-monitors-feature-qi-wireless-charging.217292/
Relevancy 36.55%

To start off my laptop is an Asus G VW-AS The wireless network adapter is an Atheros AR WB-EG The issue I m having only starts when I play an online game It s not a specific one it happens with all my games After about a few matches I will begin to experience terrible lag spikes Ranging from - ms sometimes even going up to over Usually the spikes are permanent I will jump to around ping and hover in that general number with it occasionally sliding back down to my normal only to immediately spring back up again After this begins to happen any application I use that uses internet internet browser skype etc also lags is severely slowed down This lag is never experienced on any other system using our wireless internet which makes me believe it is in fact my laptop s wireless adapter that is the problem Doing a windows troubleshoot on the adapter DOES fix it but it only fixes it for about to minutes and then I begin to lag adapter network Problems with wireless again Also the troubleshooter seems to only be able to fix it once If I try to troubleshoot the adapter again after already fixing it before that way the troubleshooter will tell me that it couldn t find anything wrong Manually restarting the adapter only works once as well Restarting the computer does not help the problem If the laptop is shut down for a few hours and started back up the adapter will work properly as long as I do not start a game Could anyone help tell me how to stop this from happening Do I need to get a new adapter or is there something I can do for the current one nbsp

A:Problems with wireless network adapter

Are you sure it is not an issue with your router? Also I dont know where to get Atheros drivers other than from the manufacturer (vaio, lenovo, etc) website. There are no official drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-wireless-network-adapter.188964/
Relevancy 35.69%

When I try and access the internet through any of the main browsers (I.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari) they tell me along the lines of 'unable to access the network' and 'this page can't be displayed' after taking a while attempting to load. I also cannot access it through any of my Windows 8 apps. I know it's not an issue with the home broadband itself and is something to do with my laptop as it is running fine both wirelessly and through using an Ethernet cable on all other devices. I would really appreciate some help with trying to fix this asap as I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and trying most things to resolve it without success, I also need to use the internet for loads of coursework over the summer hols and cannot afford to be taking it to a pricey IT technician. Please helppp

A:My laptop cannot connect to the internet, even though wireless and ethernet are working

Take a look at the file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts​there MUST be at least a line reading 127.0.0.1 LOCALHOST
but the question is there anything other than comments in it?
If so, leave the comments and the localhost line and delete everything else.

If you modify the hosts file, then you also need to

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-wireless-and-ethernet-are-working.195158/
Relevancy 35.26%

SanDisk has come up with a clever take on a common PC accessory that kills two birds with one stone. Its new wireless mobile flash drive is designed to make it easier to transfer files between devices while simultaneously extending...

Read more

A:SanDisk's new wireless flash drive kills two birds with one stone

"...when you consider micro SD card slots on smartphones are on the way out."

Just because a prominent phone maker decides to experiment by not including the microSD slot, does not mean this tech is on the way out. There is REAL need for this, and if the big S doesn't want to include this in their phones, people will find other phones that do have this capability.
Lets not forget just how bad sales were/are for the S6.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sandisks-new-wireless-flash-drive-kills-two-birds-with-one-stone.216608/
Relevancy 36.98%

Specs Windows Home Premium ASUS Notebook G Series Intel Core i CPU Q GHx GB of ram Atheros off capability turning keeps Wireless AR Wireless Network Adapter Hello For the last two weeks my laptop has been having troubles with its network adapter Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Every time my computer starts up from sleep mode or just a normal start up my icon in the bottom right hand corner shows a black box with Wireless capability keeps turning off a plug in it and says no network connection available I then proceed by opening up the quot Network and Sharing Center quot clicking on the quot Change Adapter Settings quot button in the top left corner right click on the quot Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter quot icon and selecting quot Diagnose quot The diagnostic runs and asks me if I would like to turn on my wireless capabilities I click the quot Apply Fix quot button and it turns on my Adapter Here s the Detection Details Diagnostics Information Network Adapter Details about network adapter diagnosis Network adapter Wireless Network Connection driver information Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Manufacturer Atheros Communications Inc Provider Microsoft Version Inf File Name C Windows INF netathrx inf Inf File Date July- - PM Section Name ATHR DEV OS A B ndi Hardware ID pci ven c amp dev b amp subsys a b Instance Status Flags x a Device Manager Status Code IfType Physical Media Type Diagnostics Information Wireless Connectivity Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis Information for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID f ed -ab - d-ab c- fea b b f Interface name Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Interface type Native WiFi Connection incident diagnosed List of visible access point s item s total item s displayed Connection History Information for Auto Configuration ID List of visible networks item s total item s displayed List of preferred networks item s Diagnostic Information Wireless Connectivity Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis For complete information about this session see the wireless connectivity information event Helper Class Auto Configuration Initialize status Success Information for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID f ed -ab - d-ab c- fea b b f Interface name Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Interface type Native WiFi Result of diagnosis Problem found Root cause Wireless capability is turned off Detailed root cause Radio is off SW switch I THINK THE ISSUES HERE Repair option Turn on wireless capability Network Diagnostics Log File Name A - CE - A - E -F CE E CD Diagnose etl Other Networking Configuration and Logs File Name NetworkConfiguration cab I m not sure what the issue is my power setting shows that my adapter is set to maximum performance on both plugged-in and battery settings as well as the power management option showing that my computer is not allowed to turn off the adapter to save power So I m out of ideas and I can t find anything on google to help me out I appreciate any feedback on the issue Eric nbsp

A:Wireless capability keeps turning off

Check your windows settings and any software specific settings if there is a control panel other than the windows one for controlling the card. With my laptop the wifi always disconnects after a certain amount of time idle to save battery. Its not really uncommon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-capability-keeps-turning-off.163578/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello friends first time long time And essentially I have a dreaded problem with my quot smart TV quot I have one of the Samsung Led Tv to TV not internet router LED connects but s but an older model like a series or The T V has been working fine for the year and a half I ve had it The software updated itself multiple times and nothing ever happened However last night I had to move furniture around and left my modem and my wireless router disconnected for a good or hrs This action apparently LED TV connects to router but not internet reset my wireless router I reset the network and essentially created a new one I connected an XBOXONE laptops tablet and phones and a wireless printer to the network and they all work fine But for some reason the LED does not want to connect to the internet At first it was the apps that didn t connect and essentially the entire machine could not do anything related to the internet So I went online and tried all kinds of tricks which included doing a factory reset but that didn t work Also I tried to manually plug those google DNS numbers of and and no cigar I tried a few cycles where I unplugged the T V and the router and modem for a few minutes and nothing I called my ISP Time Warner Cable who said the problem was with Samsung I contacted Samsung and got no response I contacted the manufacturer of the wireless router Medialink who told me to change the encryption and the WPS settings I played around with the WPA AND WPA and the WPA AND WPA AND THE AES AND THE TKIP AND BOTH AT THE SAME TIME And absolutely nothing works the crooked thing still wont connect to the internet I have read somewhere that for people with comcast routers they needed to get rid of parental settings but my router doesn t have that I tried to disable WPS and that made it worse So I put everything back the way it was I don t know if the issue has anything to do with static vs Dynamic Ips or what I wonder if anyone can give me another tip I may have skipped over Could it be the internal network adapter is damaged all of a sudden and from pure coincidence independent of the reset Is there a way to set all of these things manually I have attached pictures of the whole process so you can see what I mean I can t figure out how to link so http postimg org gallery c tjth i aa nbsp

A:LED TV connects to router but not internet

That's a great set of pictures to illustrate the issue. As yet I've not bought a smart TV and your post has made me less likely to buy one. In your situation I'd try another factory reset for the TV and then set it up with a cable connection to the router. Assuming that goes well revisit wi-fi concentrating on the router settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/led-tv-connects-to-router-but-not-internet.209188/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have an Aspire one NAV50 with Windows 7 starter.

One time, when I turned it on, The icon for wireless connection doesn't appear anymore. Every time I try troubleshoot it, it would just say that there is an ethernet cable unplugged. And so, I connected it into the ethernet cable and it works fine. But when I tried it again on the wireless connections, it doesn't locate to any wireless connection.

I've tried the ff on my laptop:

restart
update
scan the laptop with MalwareBytes
Fn+f2
by the way, last night, when I turned on again the laptop, the wireless connections can already be found. However, after few minutes, it went back to being unlocated again.

A:Laptop would work on ethernet cable not on Wireless Connections

I had doubt the Starter supports the Wireless connecting but since you say " the wireless connections can already be found.", so probably it's possible.
In this case and at the moment the thing I'm thinking about is the driver. Try to update its driver for wireless connecting. (You've said the 'update', but update of what?).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-would-work-on-ethernet-cable-not-on-wireless-connections.201158/
Relevancy 36.12%

hi there my wireless through cable work will not My only ethernet internet internet was My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless running fine until yesterday when I tried to connect to the internet the message quot windows can t communicate with the device or resource primary dns server quot came up I followed all methods on this website http answers microsoft com en-us w -b d ec fae but none of them worked for me I then returned my laptop to factory settings in the hope it will work but that didnt not work I then realised it works through the ethernet cable but not wireless I ran ipconfig all with my ethernet cable in and this is the result SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THANKYOU Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nida-TOSH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address D -DF- A-EB- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fccc e c eb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EB- A- A-B - -F -D - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F -D - -EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EEB-B - C-AC - CEB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb affc eb Pre erred Link-local IPv Address fe affc eb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DF D AB- BF- FA - CB -DFA C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless

There may be an issue on the ISP side or router side since restoring to defaults didnt help. Or it could be an issue with the network adapter. Or it could be an issue with the firewall.

Try downloading running these tools (download via ethernet, run on wireless): Network Fix-It Tool (right click on the internet bars on the task bar in the bottom right hand side of the screen, and click "troubleshoot network...") and Firewall Fix-It Tool.

Did you install anything on your PC before this happened? Did Windows install any updates?

Try disabling your AntiVirus. That may be the issue. I doubt it though.

Tell me if any of these solutions help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-will-only-work-through-ethernet-cable-not-wireless.197067/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi everyone I have a Netgear N wireless router that I bought and have been using since together with an adtec modem on my at amp t internet sevice My modem went out and I replaced it with the now recommended replacement modem which is the Motorola As a result and in doing so my settings are having to be reset on my N router for my wireless signal settings Resetting Netgear N300 on router... to be used for my wierless devices In trying to do so and in going through the setup Resetting settings on Netgear N300 router... of the router again I ve discovered in logging into the Netgear website to recover reset the router settings for the new modem setup I m being told by Netgear that the N router I bought came with only a day tech support and that I can purchase a tech support extended plan for for yr or for yrs for them to be able to help me and synchronize and reset the router settings Quite honestly I can t see spending this much extra money on support for a router that cost me in the first place I may as well just buy another router for to get another day tech support and to provide support in setting up the new one but it s the principle of the thing and it s such a waste to trash the present router when it is in perfect working order otherwise Then again if this is how shoddy and shysterish Netgear s tech support is I don t believe I would want to support them or in anyway encourage them in their use of a policy that is so unfair and lacking in flexibility to such a small assistance request to reset this modem which would not take them but maybe minutes or less My question therefore is this Has anyone out there experienced a similar or like situation and is there a workaround or another solution to this other than going through Netgear to reset the router s settings Is there a way to recover or discover the settings and reset them manually myself I very much appreciate any help anyone can offer and I thank you all in advance for any help and any advice anyone can offer Thanks alot nbsp

A:Resetting settings on Netgear N300 router...

Hey drpepper. You can manually reset your router settings to its default settings as they were when you bought it. I would disconnect the router from the modem and just use the simple procedure to reset the router. You can then access the router setup page and change the default password, network name (SSID), and set up your encryption mode (wpa2 preferred) and create a password/network key to secure your router. Save any changes you make, and when done,power off the router. Power on your modem, wait a minute,then power up the router, wait a minute, then see if you can detect your network. All of the info for doing this is in the N300 router setup manual, with the reset procedure on page 39.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNR3500LV1/WNR3500L_SM_11JUN2010.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resetting-settings-on-netgear-n300-router.197284/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello let me explain my situation We live in an apartment complex and there are desktops that connect to the router On an evening we were experiencing extreme lag which we determined was due to traffic on the channels We bought a router that can use ghz and also new compatible adaptors Installed it worked just fine on ghz for a day Then the signal took a dump and ping was between and thousands on all pcs Rebooted the router after reading forums and seeing this as a common issue until reboot and it was fine again Signal took a dive again a day later rebooted again This time only of problem with 5ghz Router the pcs were getting the speed and the other one was barely getting any no more than gb s Rebooted that PC was Router problem with 5ghz fine the Router problem with 5ghz other were under gb s Rebooted and they all switched order again Finally got all working again just for a day until the signal took a dump now I cant get more than PC the same one this time every reboot at max speed Switched them onto the ghz works fine Back to ghz nope nothing clinging to connection for its life on of the PCs All are using identicle adapters feet from router no walls and are set up identicle Channel is on auto as is the frequency have tried mhz mhz and a variety of channels Does anyone have any idea Thank you nbsp

A:Router problem with 5ghz

Make and model of router? How are you accessing the internet, I.e. cable, FIOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-problem-with-5ghz.216201/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a linksys router that has stock firmware and I can get into the config by 192.168 etc but I can't get it to see the internet. I have a isp that gives dhcp ip so no login needed. Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-wrt-54g-linksys-router.215894/
Relevancy 34.83%

Razer on Tuesday unveiled what it's calling the world's most advanced gaming mouse. Now in its third iteration, the 2015 Razer Mamba features a brand new 5G laser sensor and Adjustable Click Force Technology, among other features.

Read more

A:Razer's new Mamba features 16,000 DPI laser sensor in wired and wireless configurations

I'll pass. I don't game on anything that low. :\
Does anyone even go outside the 800-2000dpi range? I keep my mouse at 2000dpi.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razers-new-mamba-features-16-000-dpi-laser-sensor-in-wired-and-wireless-configurations.214881/
Relevancy 35.69%

So I have 2 images from the Device manager.
The driver has a Yellow caution sign with "!" inside it.

My issues:
Cannot Connect to wireless, But can connect via Ethernet Cable.

My troubleshooter said the drive couldn't start, and that I needed a Wireless Cable to plugin to the computer.

This is my school computer, my help desk helped before but they are out of office because its summer break.

Device Manager > Components > Problem Devices
Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002E&SUBSYS_E034105B&REV_01\4&124A40C8&0&00E1 This device cannot start.
Also 2 things.
I tried disabling my Bluetooth High Speed, it did nothing.
I do not know if this is the right thread, because this is my first post, if there is anymore information you need to know please contact me.

A:Atheros AR5B97 driver not letting me connect to wireless

Hi and welcome to the boards.

How old is this system? Sometimes the wireless card will fail and a new one can be installed.

However, you can upload and install the latest wireless network driver for your system via ethernet cable. Sometimes that is all you need. If it is a built system like a Dell then go to the manufacture's website if this was a system that was built by yourself or someone else then go to the motherboard's website.

Please keep us updated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atheros-ar5b97-driver-not-letting-me-connect-to-wireless.215528/
Relevancy 22.36%

I recently cloned my old 160gb hdd on to a new 1tb hdd, then proceeded to format my old hdd. After formating it had lost 128gb only showing 32gb. I have checked for partitions (unallocated) but none can be found. Even tried remapping mbr, with no result. Any help to recover my lost storage space would be great.

A:Lost hdd space post format

I'm running Windows 7 home premium BTW don't no if that info will help with a solution or not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-hdd-space-post-format.213789/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi guys I'm wondering if you can help me,

I just bought a new R9 280 to replace my HD 5830.

I installed it properly and there was no video output to my monitor.

The 5830 is now back in and everything is fine so not sure what's going on.

I've tried using the vga slot instead of HDMI on the R9 280 and there's still no output.

A:New R9 280 with no monitor signal

Try to change the power supply...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-r9-280-with-no-monitor-signal.212523/
Relevancy 20.21%

So basically how the title is.

My internet would drop out/freeze. Router doesn't indicate any change in service. I plug my laptop into the modem, and have prime speeds.

Restart the router. Works for awhile.
Reinstalled the firmware manually on the router.
Set the Channel off of "Auto" and put on various options of 9, 10, 11 to avoid clashes with other networks.

Freezes. Now the router indicates there's no connection. Drag the cord out of modem and test. Prime speeds.

Okay, screw this - I went and bought a new router yesterday because, sure, that Belkin one was 2-3 years old. Set it up with same channel settings, etc.
Same.
Freaking.
Thing.

I have a laptop that runs a VPN (for work) that uses it, plus multiple iphones (3) and ipads (2) an AppleTV and a Samsung smart TV.

Like, help me please here.

A:Internet Drops Out, Consistent Speed with Modem, New Router - no solution

OK, but lets solve on thing at a time 1) ignore the VPN at work and let's get the home router stabilized.
The mobile devices are difficult to diagnose, so 2) stick with the PC for now.

Standard questions:

did you update the ethernet & wifi drivers on the PC?
have you looked to ensure your new router has the latest firmware?
*if* you have a DSL connection to the ISP, do you have the line filters on EVERY device connected to the phone line EXCEPT the line to the modem? *MUST HAVE*
Got to get these right first.

THEN, find the MTU that's right for you AT HOME and set that into the new router:

get a command prompt
ping -l 1500 -f 8.8.8.8
as long as you see Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set., reduce the 1500 by 8 and iterate with the new number
:: record the MTU that works for your ISP at home
The router conf page is accessible using your browser and HTTP://your_router_address/
You need the router password
set the new MTU. Also set a new router password and save the settngs.

The wired connection should be solid at this point.

The wifi should also be better, as long as you avoid other stations with the same channel.
I assume you've see the post re inSSIDER for wifi setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-out-consistent-speed-with-modem-new-router-no-solution.212305/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello So a description of the issue I ve had this about times now spread out over a couple of months The internet will just completely randomly without apparent trigger stop working completely When I check the router will still have an IP and the quot Internet quot light will still be flashing green indicating active internet connection on the front panel So far this has happened at completely random times - While playing a game LoL the internet just cut out and didn t come back for hours - I came back from a shower and the internet wasn t working anymore similar to other times - I was working on a school document not using any internet at the time Skype was running maybe Steam and it just cut out Et cetera The reason I don t think it s a disruption from the side of my ISP is that sometimes clicking quot Renew Lease quot in the router page seemed to fix it though sometimes it wouldn t work until I d refreshed it multiple times Also the internet light doesn t internet but connected, periodically cuts Router stays out go out on the router and Router stays connected, but internet cuts out periodically usually there isn t even any problem indicated in windows except from the internet just not working I e no yellow exclamation mark in the little internet icon Further information The router is a by this time quite old Netgear Wireless GR v and I have upgraded the firmware to the latest version Also my phone AND tablet will remain connected to the wireless network but without any usable internet connection I have double checked all the cables and connections everything seems to be in working order I live in an apartment building and we all share a big internet connection I have a cable coming in from a central modem so I don t have a specific connection that I can contact an ISP about which also means I have no modem to configure or help me Any advice would be greatly appreciated especially regarding whether or not it could be my router at fault and if a new one could fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Router stays connected, but internet cuts out periodically

This isn't my area of expertise by a long shot but I have had these issues as well with my cable set-up. Sometimes I needed simply to restart my router. I have found at other times I would have to reset the box the cable company installed in our cellar by powering it off for 10 seconds and then on again. Once in awhile I will have to do this to my modem.

Our biggest issue was the splitter. It went bad and since it was outside the house and Comcast's equipment they replaced it for free which restored everything to working order.

I would say though that it is probably time to replace the router. I had a good Linksys G for years but then it would constantly drop connections. I replaced it with my current Netgear and it has served my entire household well.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-stays-connected-but-internet-cuts-out-periodically.204922/
Relevancy 36.55%

Many manufacturers have developed a touch-first approach to input devices, spurred by the rapidly evolving mobile revolution. Such methods work great on select devices but when it comes time to do some serious work, nothing has yet replaced the trusty...

Read more

A:Logitech's new MX Master Wireless Mouse said to be its best yet

Too bad they don't mention a left handed version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitechs-new-mx-master-wireless-mouse-said-to-be-its-best-yet.210722/
Relevancy 58.05%

My current wireless router, a 10-year-old Linksys (Wirless-G 2.4 Ghz 54Mbps), is past it and I'm on the lookout for a replacement. I am in the UK.

There are several devices that connect to it:

Nokia Lumia 520
Motorola Moto G
Now TV box
Sony Vaio laptop with Atheros AR9485WB-EG wireless network adapter
Dell Vostro 3750 laptop with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030
IPad Mini 2 with Retina display

My ISP is Virgin Media and my current wireless router is connected to it's "Hub" (http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/broadband/explore/our-fastest-wireless.html)

As far as my home goes, the furthest any device is ever from the wireless router is about 10-12 metres. That involves passing through a one ceiling and a couple of walls. I've no idea about the materials used in the construction of the house.

I would be very grateful if someone could recommend a good replacement wireless router.

A:Wireless router recommendations

Look for a MIMO (multiple in/out rf) they have at least two antennas and maybe three. These are more powerful and should do the job.

Also consider an EoP device (Ethernet over Power) which uses your house wiring as a transport so you can
get a switch at the far-end to connect

Here's mine:
Code:

primary router --- wired devices
|
+---- wired to EoP(master) . . . . house wiring . . . EoP(slave) --- switch or access point

If you're careful with the setup, everything will be on the same subnet and print/file sharing is viable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-router-recommendations.210032/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey, I m having a big problem with my router.
I use a wa3002g4 utstarcom router. An year ago everything worked fine.

Now, my pc fails to get an ip adress even though dhcp is enabled. When I manually assign an ip, it connects and I am able to 'ping' as well. But, I still cant connect to router's login page or internet. If I connect using wifi it shows 'Limited or no connectivity'. Please help.

A:Router problem: can't get an ip

Try a manual reset. There should be a reset button on the router. This will load factory defaults and allow you to start fresh. If this fails, your device is likely bad.

Edit: BTW I am experiencing the same thing to an extent because of bad service. The bad service is somehow creating chaos with my network. The network functions more smoothly with the ISP connection disconnected. You can try disconnecting your ISP cable and check your network settings without ISP first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-problem-cant-get-an-ip.210035/
Relevancy 21.5%

I'm looking for an inexpensive router, any suggestion? The current router is downstairs, I plan plugging it in upstairs to boost the wifi. TIA

A:Router question

ASUS and TP-Link have some pretty good routers.. Do you plan to have Consoles (Xbox One, PS4, Wii U) using the network?? If so just ensure the router will properly support it as some older models may not work well with them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-question.208909/
Relevancy 21.07%

I need the best and most compatible router for TWC?
I need the router to reach a very good distance (between 3 houses really close to each other). Or would it be better to get a booster?

A:Wi-fi router for Time Warner Cable

To share from house-to-house, you need a strong RF signal so look for MIMO Class routers with multiple antennas, three if you can find one. If the lot layout is like a triangle between the houses, one good router should work, otherwise when lined-up like a fence, you will need a repeater.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-router-for-time-warner-cable.209487/
Relevancy 20.64%

If I currently get an average of 20mbps using a linksys n router with comcast as my ISP. If I upgrade to an ac router, and assuming I have ac compatible devices, will I get any significant increase in wifi speed? I wasn't sure if I need to get a faster internet tier from Comcast or not. AC routers promise much faster speeds (400mbps) but comcast says they provide me with 25 tops. Can I just upgrade my router or do I have to pay more to comcast?

A:Will 802.11ac router increase download speed?

If 25mbps is all that comcast is providing, u are doing all u can expect if u are receiving 20 u are doing all u can expect with that plan. changing u'r router is not going to help in the least.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-802-11ac-router-increase-download-speed.209175/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello guys I have not been here in awhile but I hope there s someone out there PS4 Firewalled Xbox One issues NAT Double - and (Modem/Router) that can help shed some light on the issue I am having Hopefully someone can suggest a fix and it ll all work or at least point me in the right direction Xbox One and PS4 NAT issues - Double Firewalled (Modem/Router) and possibly explain anything I may be overlooking or misunderstanding I have a basic understanding of networking so I can work my way around my routers and modem etc To start a small introductory of my issue as you can see from the title I have an issue getting Open NAT for my PS and Xbox One I have firewalls to go through my network setup is as follows Modem gt Router Router Router Bridged gt Device However I have other Routers in the house that are bridged to extend strengthen signal in different parts of the house I have opened the suggested ports for Xbox One on both my Modem ZyXel P- R-F and my Router TL-WR ND I have not configured any special settings on the bridged routers the PS connects by wire Xbox one by wireless same floor as the main Router I have followed guides on setting both of them up First on Portforward com then found a video for my ZyXel modem and it suggested to disable the Active Firewall and Bypass Triangle Route Also to change the NAT SUA Only changed to it was Lastly it suggested to turn off the Enable SIP ALG setting For my router some suggested to just let UPnP do it s job and disable the Port Forwards Virtual Servers it s called in the settings I have tried with just UPnP and with Port Fowards neither make a difference I even disabled the Port Fowards on the Modem and had UPnP on both but to no avail To clarify something if I use Port Fowarding should I have UPnP off OR will they work in together I have done restarts on all devices router modem Xbox One when any changes have been made On my XBO I have turned it to quot Energy Saving quot mode as I have read in several places that it can effect UPnP negatively if it is in quot Instant On quot mode I have tried to set the Reserved Address in my Router for my XBO as another site video said that having a Static IP set on the XBO can cause problems I have tried the static IP set through the XBO and through the router neither makes a difference On my Router I have several firewall settings that are not mentioned by any guides as to if they should be altered the settings allow me to Disable or Enable All currently enabled Firewall SPI Firewall VPN PPTP Passthrough L TP Passthrough IPSec Passthrough ALG FTP ALG TFTP ALG H ALG RTSP ALG I also tried to set up Port Triggering to see if that would help and set the protocol to ALL for all of them originally set them up to the proper TCP UDP but it wasn t working so I changed it to ALL But that did not work either I am not sure if I am missing any other information feel free to ask for anything I am missing My LAN address for my Modem and Router are different eg Modem and for my Router Will this effect how NAT works or cause my issues Thank you P S I know I have not added any troubleshooting for the PS I do not own it and I want to get one device working before I start fiddling with the next nbsp

A:Xbox One and PS4 NAT issues - Double Firewalled (Modem/Router)

Is there no one out there who's network expertise could help me? Hoping this one bump will get this some attention as I have tried everything possible I can with my setup that I can think of, need some fresh ideas.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xbox-one-and-ps4-nat-issues-double-firewalled-modem-router.208494/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi,
I'm getting the 2 D-Sub No Signal Message and then the screen goes blank
I tried the same cable to connect a laptop to the monitor and that works fine.
I then swapped out the graphics card for another and get the 2 D-Sub message again.
Someone please help!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-d-sub-no-signal.208642/
Relevancy 36.98%

ALL I did was replace the almost dead batteries & now its a pita to click on something.
Its like the cursor is on ice, I move it up to click on a bookmark & it slides on by & I have to s l o w l y move it into the area.Its a wireless Microsoft mouse.

A:Odd wireless mouse behavior

Open Mouse by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware, and then clicking Mouse.
Click the Pointer Options tab, and then do any of the following: To change the speed at which the mouse pointer moves, move the Select a pointer speed slider towards Slow or Fast.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-wireless-mouse-behavior.208493/
Relevancy 18.49%

I am looking to replace my tired Linksys WRT54G router that is about 10 years old. I love the router, and its even better with DD-WRT on it, but I'm starting to have troubles with the wifi dropping all the connects for a couple seconds when running all my wireless devices. I have 3 smart phones, 2 tablets, 1 Chromecast, a smart TV, and Roku + a laptop or 3 in my house right now, and it seems like its getting to be a bit much for it.
I have had to completely re-flash the firmware twice this year to get the wifi working again, so I'm thinking its time for replacement.
I have been thinking about just getting the new WRT54GL for $50, but I'm also thinking it might be a good idea to upgrade the wifi technology past wireless G .
I'm wondering if my Tablet (Nexu 9), and our smartphones (Razr HD Max) along with the Chromecast will take advantage of the new wireless standards and higher speeds or not? If they will can someone recomend a decent wireless router that takes DD-WRT nicely in the sub-$100 range? Thanks!

A:Looking for new Wifi Router - Will Tablet/Smartphone take advantage of new wifi Standards?

I been programming in Android/Linux since 2010 and there is code that supports VHT is Very High Throughput. Right now the standards are HT is High Throughput .

As for DD-WRT firmware is like your overclocking your router pushing it beyond the OEM limits. I use to use DD-WRT but had quit many years ago since the routers that used that firmware would fail too much.

So best to buy a better business type enterprise router wired then you can use WiFi router as AP or just get WiFi AP(access point). To me WiFi Router is also Wired Router, but to use just a wired router and use WiFi AP through a switch is better. If one or the other goes you can easy replace them. Where as if the WiFi Router fails you would need to replace it.

If you really want to use DD-WRT then Look at Buffalo WiFi Routers some come pre-installed with DD-WRT on them. Frankly you really don't need DD-WRT today because newer routers or WiFi routers are much better built and offer much more power NPU = network processor units and 128, 256, 512, 1GB of RAM some have Dual Cores.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-new-wifi-router-will-tablet-smartphone-take-advantage-of-new-wifi-standards.207572/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi,

Kindly advise how can I avoid the control and traffic limit set on the TP LINK router by the admin ? We are not operating through servers.....just a router and switch. The purpose is I can download without identifying its my PC.

A:Avoid Bandwidth/traffic control on router

avoid the control and traffic limit set on the TP LINK router by the adminClick to expand...

Be a good Net citizen and play by the rules. Techspot does not knowingly support hacking or hackers and bypassing the settings of an admin is hacking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/avoid-bandwidth-traffic-control-on-router.208237/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have an old router. It's a D-link DIR-625. Lately it seems like browsing on my laptop and tablet have been sluggish. Could it be wearing out or has technology passed it by? I'm wondering if I should replace it.

A:When to replace a router

There are numerous other things that could effect Internet traffic. Of the most common in my area is bad service from ISP (bad lines or equipment).

Resetting your router could help if it is the router causing the issue. Simply unplugging it is not enough to do a full reset of all settings.

What does running http://www.speedtest.net/ state your connection rate is and does it match what you are paying for?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-to-replace-a-router.208133/
Relevancy 21.07%

My laptop (Asus G73J) is connected to my router, however, has limited access. All other wireless devices in the house are able to connected to the router with internet, including another laptop. I have also already contacted my internet provider and my router provider to no avail. I looked at many other threads to see if anyone else has had my problem and as of now everyone who has, was able to fix it in ways that have not worked for me.

I have already put "ipconfig" in my command prompt and found out that I do not have a Default Gateway, in other words this shows up "Default Gatway .....:". Additionally it says that the Tunnel adapters have "Media Disconnected". I have been working on this for about 3 weeks, Please Help.

A:I am connected to the router with no internet

I've had similar intractable problems from time to time where even after reading up and posting for assistance you still remain stuck. Although I don't know the answer things that I'd try are checking to see if there is a firewall and turning it off briefly for purposes of elimination. I'd check to see if there is an updated driver for the wireless card. Have you been into Control Panel, Network and Sharing Centre and tried to set up a new network? Any problems flagged up in Computer, System Properties, Device Manager?

You haven't mentioned whether this is a problem that has arisen after a period of normal operation or whether it has been present from day one. If it worked OK previously as a last resort there's the return to factory condition option but it's a pain and you'd lose everything on the laptop so I'd hold fire on that. Can it connect to the router successfully with an ethernet cable?

Anyway that's a few things to think about if you've not tried them all already.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-connected-to-the-router-with-no-internet.208139/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am using an AT&T supplied 2wire homeportal 3801 hgv gateway for telephone and wireless functions. The Linksys RE1000 wireless-n range extender does not provide the range needed. Can a Linksys N900 or E3000 wireless N router be used as a repeater? If so, how are the gateway and router to be configured?

A:Using a wireless router as a repeater

Code:

modem ==>primary router (wifi on chnl 1)
|
(a lan slot)
|
+-----wired connection --(a lan slot) secondary router (wifi on chnl 11)

the secondary wan slot is left empty

* use the same SSID and password on both for simplicity
* config the secondary to NO use DHCP - - this forces the primary to do all assignments

full print/file share is functional in this setup ( I use it myself).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-a-wireless-router-as-a-repeater.208124/
Relevancy 21.07%

I am confused and have no idea where to start... I apologise in advance for the wall of text.

Recently I have been experiencing odd issues with my WiFi router ( at least I think its the router) ZyXel Keenetic Giga II. The most annoying of which is the periodic inability to load random webpages. For example, I might be able to load google but not any of the search results while at the same time being able to browse reddit on my phone or tablet. The pattern changed constantly and it doesn't seem to affect any particular web pages. Like I said - random. This happens once or twice a week and seems to be increasing in frequency. I have tried rebooting the router. Rolling back to factory settings, changing DNS. With no result. It only resolves itself when it "feels" like it and usually lasts from 5 min to several hours. It is also worth mentioning that I hardly ever use my laptop and most of the browsing and streaming is done using various mobile devices.

Any help in defeating my router would be greatly appreciated.

A:Strange issues with WiFi router

Describe "The most annoying of which is the periodic inability to load random webpages" in detail please - -

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-issues-with-wifi-router.207497/
Relevancy 21.93%

I am looking for a wired router and have not been able to find a wired router that is not also wireless. Could some one give me a link to one that I can purchase. I am in the US and can purchase about any place on the net.

A:Looking for a router

http://www.newegg.com/Wired-Routers/SubCategory/ID-28

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-router.207518/
Relevancy 37.41%

I've upgraded to fiber abonement 35/35mb and my integrated network card can't take that much so I have to upgraded that part too and I was thinking about Linksys AE3000 Dual-Band usb adapter, as my budget is pretty tight right now.

Does anyone have any experience on how gaming will be wireless or if that is a decent card ??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-gaming.207463/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi all I have to the WLAN work as rather Router on from a WiFi LAN a a typical situation in my Internet and LAN setup My ISP provides me with a direct LAN cable that I need to connect either into my PC or into the WiFi Router WLAN port I also have a LAN that I need to connect to so I have installed a separate LAN card for the internal LAN purposes My two setups are below with their issues I hope someone can suggest a middle grounds to have a LAN and a WiFi too Scenario The ISP cable goes into the WLAN port of the Router Cables from the router goes into my PC network card and to other PCs for LAN purposes The PC cards are all configured to automatic IP LAN Internet WiFi is now available This works fine for a few days and then the internet stops working because there is a conflict of IP The ISP expects IPs like xxx and the one on the LAN Router for my PC is Scenario Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN The ISP cable goes into network card internet sharing is enabled Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN and automatic IP with the ISP s expected IP xxx Another cable goes from my PC s network card fixed IP into the regular LAN port of the same Router Without any issues over the months the Internet works the LAN works other PCs have fixed IPs too etc but no Wifi Can I have best of both the worlds in such a situation I can t install a rd network card for sure as the slot on the mother board is limited Please advise Thanks in advance Bhavbhuti nbsp

A:Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN

Code:

Scenario-1
isp==>(wan)router-->PC card-1, et al (conflict 123.237,234.xxx v 192.168.1.100)

Scenario-2
ISP===->pc card-1
pc card-2==>router
scenario-1 is a configuration or firmware condition
scenario-2 is a real security issue and the primary PC is basically acting as a DMZ server and is at risk.
Here's my setup:
Code:

isp==(wan)router-1--- PCs in the same room
|
+---(lan)router-2(with wifi) - - - wifi connections in the den

configuration to make this work with full file/print sharing:
router-2:

disable DHCP in this router
setup all WiFi settings here
notice: router-2 wan slot is left empty to make this work
Router-1:

set LAN address of router one as you please (eg: 192.168.1.1 )

set an address reservation for router-2's MAC -> a fixed, constant IP address on that same subnet (eg 192.168.1.254)
set the DHCP range small (eg 2-32)
router-1 will control all auto-ip assignments for both routers.

Personally, I add another tweak;

reserve ip addresses for all of my devices into the low-end of the dhcp range (say 2-10) and
let 'guests' take addresses above 10
This gives the opportunity to allow file/print sharing to known systems (2-10) and disallow for the guests.

Setup totally within the routers allow my laptop to travel and not be effected by these choices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-to-work-as-a-wifi-on-the-lan-rather-from-a-wlan.207258/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi there guys

I suddenly can't connect to wifi, but the problem is solved when I use the cable, and connect my laptop directly to modem. surprisingly I checked and it seems I can connect with my tablet to wifi spot! I used recovery and system restore point, but it didn't help.

I really appreciate your help.

oh and yes in wireless mode, I can see different wifis, but when I click to connect, it tries "connecting" but fails as well.

A:Investigate router, access point issues

Do you use MS Update in Autoupdate? looking to see if you are 'current'.

get make/model of your WiFI device (see device mgr),
find the version of the existing driver, then
see if you can find a newer version; install it if found.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/investigate-router-access-point-issues.207216/
Relevancy 20.64%

The (Tp internet connect to 740n) router link via Unable to router worked fine in the past until recently my ISP had a break in the cable line and repaired it Now I am unable to connect to the internet If Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n) I connect the ISP s LAN cable directly to PC windows and do the following steps Control panel gt View network stats and tasks Setup a new connection or network gt Connect to the internet gt Next Broadband PPPOE gt Next Type in username password gt Connect Internet works fine This means there is no problem with the internet connection However if I connect the ISP s LAN cable to the quot blue quot port of the router and the short LAN cable to my PC then do the following steps Open http tplinklogin net It shows me router config page Click Quick setup gt Next Select PPPoE gt Next Type in username password gt Next Leave the Wireless Page untouched gt Next Click Reboot Wait till router reboots It does not work the router page shows quot Connecting quot but does not connect at all Here s the router log TL-WR N System Log Time - - s H-Ver WR N v S-Ver Build Rel n L M W PPPoE W M G st day OTHER INFO User clear system log st day PPP NOTICE PPPoE start connecting st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x nbsp

A:Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n)

Please help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-router-tp-link-740n.206843/
Relevancy 20.21%

I bought a ADSL Modem D-Link 2730U

We are connecting to the Modem via Laptop, PC, Phone,... at the same time.

I want to know how can I monitor network(Receive/Send) for each user who connected to the Modem.

Can I do such thing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-network-for-each-user-connected-to-adsl-router-modem.206910/
Relevancy 36.98%

My wireless is not working on my computer, just a couple months ago I reset my computer using the ISO file, now my computer will only connect to the Ethernet cable. The wireless switch is on. I see a button near the VAIO button that shows a computer with signals coming off of it, I've tried pressing it but it doesn't do anything. Computer specs: VAIO Song Laptop with 6 GB Ram and 1 TB HDD.

A:Wireless network not working

Sounds like when you reset your computer the proper wireless drivers were not re-installed. I would start looking for a solution for this. What Operating System does it have (Windows 7 / Windows 8.1/ etc.)? Have you tried to remove the Wireless drivers and re-install those? How about downloading and installing updated drivers from the VAIO website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-not-working.206511/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi. This is my first post on this forum.

I would like to ask some help regarding a problem with my internet connection. Connecting our separate PC and my Laptop to my LAN works perfectly fine but when I use our wireless network to connect my laptop and phone, that's when the problem occurs. I tried rebooting the router (unplugging the power switch, cables and such). And I also tried rebooting my phone and laptop but nothing works. I also tried looking at the router settings and tried changing the security settings to none to see if I can connect but still cant.
I just don't know what the problem is. Can you help me?
Thank you.

A:Can connect to LAN but not on wireless network

Hey strings12. A bit more info on your equipment would be helpful.
1) What is the OS (Operating System) and Service Pack Level of your laptop, SP1,2,3 ?. rIght click on My Computer icon and select Properties
2) Are we talking about one laptop here?
3)Is your router secured and what encryption method are you using, WEP,WPA or WPA2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-connect-to-lan-but-not-on-wireless-network.198872/
Relevancy 36.98%

So I got this new Compaq Presario CQ57 with some upgraded graphics, upgraded processor, all that good stuff, but every time I try to do something or go online, after a while it just stops being connected. The Network and Sharing center says that I'm connected, and I haven't accidentally hit the button to turn Wi-Fi off, but it's seemingly at random and I don't know what to do. Any thoughts?

A:Wireless Laptop Sucks

What website? Try news.goolge.com and browse about there for awhile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-laptop-sucks.203931/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello all,

I use an ADSL for Internet. The modem is wiry (not wireless). I plug the Ethernet cable from that modem into my laptop for accessing Internet. Everything until now is OK. But I want use the Internet on my cell phone as well. For it I need to use the wifi card of the laptop, this time, as a sender, for wifi Internet accessing for the cell phone!

1- Is it possible?
2- If yes, How to configure that card please?

Thanks.

A:Using laptop as a wireless modem for wifi uses

What kind of phone do you have? If you have wifi, I don't understand why you can't go into the wifi setting on your phone, find wifi & amongst other possible networks should be yours.
Or just get the manual for it , online if need be & go for it. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-laptop-as-a-wireless-modem-for-wifi-uses.206334/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hey, I was trying to setup an adhoc connection, but I'm faced with a dilemma.
I have internet via an ethernet cable, so I want to spread this wifi using my laptop's wifi connection.
However, whenever I connect the ethernet cable to my laptop and it's connected to the internet, the wifi light on my keyboard automatically turns red and the wifi router no longer works, hence I cannot create the adhoc connection.
After I remove the ethernet cable, the wifi light turns back on, and I'm able to create an adhoc network, but I won't have any internet to spread since, well, the ethernet cable is not plugged in...

I have an HP running on Windows 7.
Both ethernet and wifi adapters are fine.

How do I prevent my ethernet connection from shutting down my wifi router??

Thanks everyone!

A:Wifi router turning off automatically

Hmm; IMO, Windows is attempting to keep you out of hot water.

Your PC WiFi is not intended to act like an open hotspot. I you what 'guest' connects via wifi, you should manage that in the router setup (several have the option for guest vs lan users).

You were to create this kind of network:

router = = PC - - wif - - guests
The routing table needs special entries and in effect, you would be creating a dual-home environment (the guests could just as easily be a secondary ISP).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-router-turning-off-automatically.205478/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a window's 8 laptop. It is about a year old. A few months ago it just suddenly stopped getting a strong wifi signal in my room. The wireless router is in the other room. I assumed that it was just our router, a belkin, and started using an ethernet cable rather then replace it. However, I am visiting my girlfriend and the router is in her room. I took my laptop to the other room and suddenly I only have one bar of connection and nothing will load, like it does at my house. Even sitting right next to the modem get 3 to 4 bar signal strength. I have no idea what to do. I have ran virus checks and malware checks. Nothing turned up. I tried checking to see if my wireless driver needed to be updated but it says that it's up to date and functioning properly, which clearly it isn't. My wireless driver is qualcomm atheros ar9485 802.11. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-pick-up-a-strong-wifi-signal.205616/
Relevancy 20.64%

I bought a new Tenda Adsl2 Router
when I connect it to My pc or laptop it shows error
"Limited or no Connectivity"
I repair it by windows but still same problem.
I can't access 192.168.1.1
please help me to connect

A:Tenda Adsl2 Router W150D connection Problem

Is that a wired connection? Try this before attempting WiFi . . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tenda-adsl2-router-w150d-connection-problem.205287/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi I m using windows OS and Internet DSL Wifi but Router modem not through connected through using Reliance DSL broadband When I connect to internet directly through modem Internet is accessed but when I use D-Link DIR- Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router router Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router It shows you are offline and shows limited connectivity Ip configuration through wired connection is as below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway When I try to connect with wifi It shows limited connectivity and I can t open login page for ISP Ip config when connected through wifi is below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway C Users Hiren s gt nbsp

A:Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router

I also tried friend's TP-Link router, with my Cable, Then it connects perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connected-through-dsl-modem-but-not-through-wifi-router.205006/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey.
Everytime I plug in the Ethernet cord to the router. It lights up and doesn't blink. After a couple of seconds, it just goes dark and I'm unable to use the router.

It works from time to time (I always have to unplug and it replug it back constantly) and I tried plugging in the router without the Ethernet plugged in and it looks like it works fine (Lights blinking). I plug in the Ethernet after that and it continues blinking for a few seconds then it darkens.

It's a Linksys router. WRT5462 V1 (Cisco)

A:Router problems -_-

Have you tried more than one cable? The cable could have gone bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-problems-_.204968/
Relevancy 36.12%

I m been having some network problems and I m really not sure to make of any of them Networking was never my strong point but I ve done everything I m capable of to try and diagnose and fix this problem So I have comcast and use my own router The last router I had was a netgear and needed replaced because it would restart itself randomly multiple times a day and I d be without internet for about - minutes at a time Instead network wireless Help connection diagnosing problems of trying constantly to fix it I just bought a linksys C to replace it with This problem started happening a little over a month ago and it manifests is self differently every time and the symptoms just don t at up in any logical way before I go out and buy a new router I want to ask you guys Obviously I get disconnected for about a minute at a time but Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems I also have long periods of just EXTREMELY slow internet Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems speeds I m talking mbps down to less than mbps The odd part comes in when I do a speed test during one of these drops in speed The speed test says I m getting all mbps of my connection but the youtube video I ll be watching will need to buffer Pages will also load very slowly but not all of them Techspot Youtube and Outlook all take forever to load during these slow downs but others will load just fine I can t figure out if this is the router or comcast It problem seems like it is a router problem because of me getting disconnected from my router but during these slow downs I can still access my router just fine and my internet speed will be displayed correctly I only have one computer connected to wifi so I can t test other machines What do you guys make of this Also what are some tests I can run to help diagnose this problem I m at wits end about this whole thing The disconnects seems to have stopped when I changed channels in my router to channel but I m still having this severe slow down issue Also as a side note I recently upgraded to xfinity and it came with a new modem These slowdowns have been occurring on both modems which leads me to believe it is the router Here is what I ve tried doing so far gt upgrading firmware gt changing ethernet cables gt changing modems gt changing wireless cards gt adjusting channels gt using different types of security WEP MAC WPA gt reinstalling windows gt using different browsers nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-diagnosing-wireless-network-connection-problems.204969/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello:

I know there are a million of these posts however, I couldn't find my specific problem. I have an Xbox 360 wireless controller connected to my PC. Normally the light indicating 1 is light. This lasts for about 5 seconds. Then the light for controller 4 lights at the same time and then 2 and 3 and then 1 and 4 and so on (this happens very quickly). During all this time the controller works fine. Except that every once in a while it disconnects (no lights). Pressing the xbox button inmediately connects it again but is very annoying.

Any help what might be the issue? Also, it worked fine before. Ive just stopped using it for a while and when I went to use again, the problem started.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xbox-360-wireless-controller-disconnects-from-pc.204770/
Relevancy 20.64%

I am using Tenda wifi router. It has a problem, it is that it need configuration every time when I start my laptop or connecting with any mobile device. What is the problem with that?

A:Tenda wifi router need configuration every time

The Tenda wifi router's internal battery may be dead

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tenda-wifi-router-need-configuration-every-time.204507/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I own a Windows PC LG Optimus X Sony Xperia U Samsung Galaxy Tab Xiaomi MI All of these are connected to my Router via WiFi and they work like a charm I recently purchased G-Box Does WGR614 Not Wireless-N Allow MX2 Router Netgear G-Box 150 Midnight Midnight MX All The Way From US - India THE PROBLEM Does Not Connect Over WiFi But Works Perfectly Over Ethernet Cable The device currently connected to my TV and I am using an Ethernet Cable connected to my Router recognizes my router name But when I enter the password it says connecting for - seconds and nothing happens When the Ethernet Cable was already connected and when I tried to connect via WiFi the device prompted a message that it cannot connect to the Router via Cable and WiFi at the same time So I ve tried all the Netgear WGR614 Wireless-N 150 Router Does Not Allow G-Box Midnight MX2 ways possible by removing the Ethernet Cable What I ve Done MAC Address Already Added To Router s Attached Devices Disconnected Switched Off A Hundred Times Tried All Security Options On Router None WPS Security Key Blah Blah Blah Also Installed WiFi Fixer using Ethernet I don t know what s happening but I could see something Connecting Disconnecting Connecting Disconnecting FYI I Earlier Tried To Connect A Netgear WGR614 Wireless-N 150 Router Does Not Allow G-Box Midnight MX2 Dell Laptop and it showed Limited No Connectivity The Laptop was at my place only for a day so we managed by Ethernet and never bothered when it did not connect over WiFi The same problem occurred when I tried to make my PC Wireless by using a WiFi Adapter I tried tried tried but Netgear WGR614 Wireless-N 150 Router Does Not Allow G-Box Midnight MX2 ignored as it was not a requirement But Now I m Helpless I Need This Device To Connect via WiFi Please Help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netgear-wgr614-wireless-n-150-router-does-not-allow-g-box-midnight-mx2.204470/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello,
I've bought a cisco linksysX-1000. And I can't ping to the gateway. I was previously using an aztech modem but I had to flush the power on it a lot so I bought the linksys. Now, I've configured the linksys but can't ping to the gateway, whereas the aztech has no trouble. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-router-cant-ping-to-gateway.204450/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi everyone I m looking for a new wifi router I m looking for simultaneous ghz ghz My house is decently sized so good range is necessary but nothing exceptionally big larger than average American house At most about concurrent sessions Don t really care for custom firmware Don t really care for features just need to be able to port forward which I m confident any router can do Won t be doing anything outside of regular home use It needs to have at least one ethernet port Want it to be fast of course So I don t know if this matters or not but it will be placed in the middle floor corner of a Suggest Router new Wifi the house so if it d be possible to direct the Suggest a new Wifi Router signal both up and down that s good since usually the radiation pattern is mostly upward outward I Suggest a new Wifi Router don t think any exist that let you point the signal directionally degrees but that s ideal Suggest a new Wifi Router Modem is Motorola SURFboard SB I m not looking to spend a whole bunch and as you can see I don t think there are a lot of specific features that I need so don t throw me the most expensive ones possible I m guessing I can get everything I asked for for or less Thanks for reading willing to order online in the US or drive to the nearest best buy if the price is the same as online nbsp

A:Suggest a new Wifi Router

I have the Netgear N600 and I love it! It is a great all round router. It goes for $75 on Amazon and the Gigabit version goes for $5 more. I would avoid Belkin routers since I have heard bad things about them. The Linksys N900 router also seems to be a possibility.

I would highly recommend the Netgear router (N600) because it is a good value for the performance. Keep in mind, when looking for a router, you should probably ignore the mbps ratings since your connection is probably not realistically close to that level. Look at warranties, reviews, and reliability. We have a ton of devices connected to the router at once (at least 10) and it works fine. It makes me lag a bit when gaming from time to time but that isn't usually the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggest-a-new-wifi-router.204240/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi all

We're about to get fibre connected to our office building and the installation team have told us they'll be running Cat 7 cables to each office so we need to source a compatible router. I didn't even know there was a Cat 7 until last week, so don't know what I need to get!

I've been looking at AC Wireless routers but I have no idea if Cat 7 is compatible with them. Does Cat 7 use the same terminals as Cat 5/5e/6? Will I be fine going for a standard router or do I require something more specific?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Now looking for recommendations on suitable routers, see post 3 for details

A:Fibre Router for Office

Same connectors as 5/5e/6, so any router that would be suitable for your office on 5e/6 will be fine for 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fibre-router-for-office.203903/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi , my wifi dosent open facebook or browser but it can open watsapp , viber ..... etc and when I connect my pc to it torrent work fine and download but dosent open any page on browser so please help

A:Problem with tp-link N wireless router

Are you sure FB isn't blocked in Egypt (I see that you are from there via your profile)? That could be the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-tp-link-n-wireless-router.204205/
Relevancy 36.12%

Okay next Monday (July 21st) I go in for a hernia operation, I am going to be laid up for awhile and thankfully I have a laptop I can use while recovering upstairs in my bedroom. I can access my Netgear router but the signal is not that strong (bedroom and downstairs office are on opposite corners).

So I have been pondering getting either an Access Point or a Extender for the upstairs but there are so many to choose from I am not sure what to choose nor what brand because the reviews are strongly mixed regardless of who the manufacturer is.

My Needs:
1. Both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz. I've looked at this one but I am not sure: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

2. Something simple to set-up.

3. It must work with WPA security. The above one I linked to, after firther research does not do well with WPA.

A:Access Point or Extender for Upstairs Wireless?

Really NEED 5ghz? dual band systems seem to impact the reliability AND the distance reached.
You could lock it down to use only 2.4Ghz and improve the reliability.

I solved my distance issue using an EoP device and then any WiFi router at the remote end.
That's TWO purchases; The EoP master/slave pair to get wired access into the remote location and then the WiFi router itself. I've always been partial to Netgear and bought their EoP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/access-point-or-extender-for-upstairs-wireless.203893/
Relevancy 27.95%

Sorry for that long title. Anyway, I was watching some YouTube videos when my wi-fi suddenly stopped worked. With this, I don't mean that I'm not catching signal from my router. I mean that my computer isn't receiving signal from any network. I don't know anyway to fix this, it never happened. I also won't buy a new computer. I got this on Christmas and I think that 7 months isn't that old. Also, the only tutorial I found doesn't applies to my computer (It was for a mac ). I have no idea of how to fix this and if you know, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! (If you are curious of how I am posting this, it works with Ethernet connection)
It's an ASUS computer with Windows 8.

A:My Computer Isn't getting signal from any Wi-Fi Network

Give the following a try and see if it helps:
Go to network sharing center - change adapter setting - click on wifi and then Diagnose this connection.

If this does not help, please let us know and we can suggest something else to try.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-isnt-getting-signal-from-any-wi-fi-network.203822/
Relevancy 21.07%

So currently I have a modem in the living room Cisco EPC and then it goes all the way to my room to a Cisco WRTG V router Yesterday out of the blue it stopped working This is because I previously had routers in the network Asus and Cisco anyways I decided to disconnect my asus and use only the cisco but the router just won t work I reseted it to it s fabric settings But when I log into it it says the router s IP adress is And hands out IP adresses to my pc such as I have no idea what to do Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users MiKi gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MiKi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search Router work won't properly List sbb rs Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address - B- - Router won't work properly -B - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local Router won't work properly IPv Address fe d d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday June AM Lease Expires Wednesday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -D -EB- - B- - -B - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap sbb rs Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd e a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ebd bbaa ebd bbaa Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users MiKi gt This is my ipconfig with the modem and this is with my router Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users MiKi gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MiKi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address - B- - -B - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday June AM Lease Expires Thursday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -D -EB- - B- - -B - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BE - - BA - E- B A F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users MiKi gt nbsp

A:Router won't work properly

Have you tried pressing the reset button on the router? (long press)
I have seen this 'reset button' on several router brands/models like tp-link (tl-wr941n, tl-wr740n old version, tl-wr740n newer version), buffalo draft-N routers, cdrking routers (made in china router brand sold in the Philippines).

if the reset process I described is the same as what you typed in your first post, try to manually change the router ip address.

my wimax modem ip address = 192.168.1.1
so for the tp-link wr-740 router, I use ip address - 192.168.0.1

login to your router and change it. if there's any save button, click it. my router prompts me to reboot the router. after a few seconds, the preferred ip address I have chosen is good for use.
(I have hidden my MAC address)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-wont-work-properly.203477/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have a Windows 8.1 Laptop and yesterday it said I had no connections.
My computer is wireless but then it went to Ethernet it didn't let me connect to anything either.
I tried looking things up to see how to fix it but it just kept talking about buying cables.

Anyone know whats wrong?

A:How to fix Windows Laptop When it goes from wireless to ethernet

You may try to disable your Ethernet adapter (wired connection) while you're connected via a wireless connection through your wireless adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-fix-windows-laptop-when-it-goes-from-wireless-to-ethernet.203484/
Relevancy 36.12%

I created a wireless coverage map using a device.
Does my coverage map apply just for that device or does that coverage apply to other devices?

I want to improve wireless coverage both indoors and outdoors.
What is the best way to do that?
Do I need a device for both indoors and outdoors to improve the signal strength?

Money is not an issue. I want the best solution.
Thank you!

A:How Can I Amplify Wireless Coverage Indoors and Outdoors?

WiFi range is limited by two primary factors

Frequency (lower travels further)

RF power output
Max range is therefore achieved by staying in the 2.4ghz band and not allowing the newer 5ghz AND using a wifi router with good RF output. It seems to follow that the higher the RF output, the shorter the life of the router.

The MIMO (multiple-in, multiple-out) class routers (ie has more than one antenna)
will deliver the best.

There are Range Extenders which are just 'repeaters' and boost the RF from that specific location.

If you daisy chain a primary, one secondary and add a range extender, I suggest using the same SSID for each, but unique RF channels to reduce interference.
{eg primary on 1, secondary on 6, extender on 11}

NOW the $64 question: What's the need for range over open ground?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-amplify-wireless-coverage-indoors-and-outdoors.203304/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have an internet connection that I have extended to my Brother in law's house, next door. At the moment, I basically have two LAN cables coming out of my modem/router, one going to my computer and another, extended cable, going to his computer.
However, he wants to use his spare modem/router, which has wifi capability, to allow his son to use his own computer downstair with only wifi.
Therefore, will there be any conflicts if I simply splice in a Lan cable or add a lan socket for the second modem/router (wifi location.) at the appropriate point along Lan cable 2? See diagram below.
If there is a possibility of conflict what would be an alternate wiring method?

Thanks,
Tom.

A:Adding extra wifi (modem/router) to my already extended network

Good drawing and this will work just fine. In fact, that's what I use to get access at the far end of the house. Here's the trick;

router#1(lan slot) ---- (lan slot) router#2 with wifi​
Notice that #2 WAN slot is left empty! This places all systems on the same subnet of the router#1 {what you are doing is making router#2 act like a switch which has wifi support (y) }

* Give router# a unique LAN address (If #1 is 192.168.1.1, then make #2 192.168.1.1) This will allow each to be manage via a browser connection
* in router#2 disable DHCP. This forces #1 to be the manager of the entire network and it will handout all IP addresses
Personally, I use the MAC addresses of my devices to enable router#1 to use Address Reservation of IP address for all devices attached to #1 (ie I map the devices to the range 1.2-> 1.10)

Then set the DHCP range in #1 to 1.100-1.50
These will be used for all devices attached (wired or wifi) to #2

Optional:
All systems can then use the firewall to allow or deny access for one or both halves of the network. EG: I permit access for 1-10 and 255 while denying 100-254​ALL system must allow the top-end address 255 as that is the broadcast address that is used to hand out the DHCP data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-extra-wifi-modem-router-to-my-already-extended-network.203204/
Relevancy 21.07%

PC-- gt router-- gt XBOX works fine PC-- gt router-WRT G-- gt router-- gt XBOX SHOWS as OFFLINE how do I config the WRT G router to work I ve been told I need to quot bridging mode quot or quot router? do How WRT54G I config pass through quot for the HARDWIRED lynksys WRT G to work I can find wirless bridging mode tuts but no hardwired ones I can t remember how I How do I config WRT54G router? got to work I can see and can use my Xbox in the list of devices on my windows computer I can PLAY TO it just fine I need another computer in my office so I added a HARDWIRED Linksys WRT G hard router to split the internet connection after its hooked up How do I config WRT54G router? I have an internet connection but the XBOX device goes offline plug the RJ back into my computer directly its online again so this means my router in not configured correctly I read the post on Linksys WRT G thread http forums xbox com xbox forums dware -routers linksys f t aspx there is so much stuff in that post What exactly do I need to do to my router Thanks Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name steve-pc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Lan Card Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R DM- Gigabit Network Connec tion Physical Address - F-C - E-E -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ce de facd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday June PM Lease Expires Sunday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - -BC- - - - - F-C - E-E -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet Physical Address - - -C - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a fe d ea Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - -BC- - - - - F-C - E-E -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet Physical Address - - -C - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe adb d c ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - -BC- - - - - F-C - E-E -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BF C-C C - A - FF- D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F CE- DFE- A B- F -A DB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A DAB A- E - EA-A B- BD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt nbsp

A:How do I config WRT54G router?

Make life easier thus

== router#1 (lan slot) ----- (lan slot) router#2(other lan slots)
and leave router#2 WAN slot EMPTY.

Router#2 must have its DHCP disabled which allows #1 to hand out all IP assignments.

I run this myself

My router#1 has an LAN address of 192.168.0.1
and I set router#2 LAN address to 192.168.1.1

and that allows me to access either router by using its LAN ip address as a browser URL .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-config-wrt54g-router.203099/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi, not great with computers and had a look around at various forums and can't find a solution to my problem.

Essentially, whilst I can view the wireless network connections available, I cannot connect to the wireless connection I want to although all other computers at home can connect.

I think the issue is that I have no IP address on this computer (using Windows XP that has just been reinstalled). The result of ipconfig/release is:
No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection 2 while it has its media disconnected.

Sorry if further information is required, will provide whatever is needed. Thanks for any help!

A:Wireless Connection Media Disconnected (Windows XP)

First disconnect any wired connection and THEN attempt the wifi.
Something called DHCP is responsible to give the PC an IP address and also the DNS addresses (regardless of wired or wireless).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-media-disconnected-windows-xp.203103/
Relevancy 36.55%

My living arrangement has it so that my computer is about 25 yards away from the router. I have high speed internet, and if I'm on a laptop right next to the router, I can easily get 30 mb/s. But when I'm at my computer which is 25 yards away, I get speeds of about 8 mb/s or less (often 1 - 2 mb/s).

The router and wireless adapter that I have both seem to be top tier, but I'm not sure:
http://amzn.to/1pcUvtF
http://amzn.to/1oiLkbI

My question is, are there any *significantly* better options than the ones I just linked, as far as signal distance? Or is the current technology in routers and wireless adapters limited?

A:The max range of wireless routers and adapters

To directly answer your question: No.

What should help you out: Drop it to 2.4Ghz rather than 5. That will get you increased range, and through that at a fixed range - faster speeds. You'll lose the ability to run 802.11ac and have to fall back to 802.11n, but you'll be happier since you weren't getting ac speeds anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-max-range-of-wireless-routers-and-adapters.203058/
Relevancy 37.41%

You can see several wireless charging transmitters with QI standard in the market now, QI standard is released by Wireless Power Consortium. The advantage of wireless charger is quick-acting charging, you just need to put your phone on it, and then the phone will get full of power through the magnetic induction. A superior and rapid charging experience without any wires, it is ideal for travelling. However, the wireless charging technology isn?t stable enough now, the speed of it is slower than wired charging. Another problem is heat problem, and it directly leads to the slower charging speed, so what is your comment on wireless charger?

A:Wireless charger

Wireless charging will never be as efficient as a direct connection. And with that said it counters the concept of going green. It is as ridiculous as having 4K resolution on a tablet. People want it because it is new and nobody else has it. Like 4K, wireless charging can be useful but not as a replacement for everything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-charger.202857/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi all

I have got a new desktop PC, which works fine with Ethernet but I am not able to connect through wireless.When I tried to connect to the broadband, it says error connecting to the Broadband connection
Error 651: The modem (or other connecting device) has reported error. However, same comnnection works very well with my vista home premium Dell Laptop.

Thanks in advance
Pxray

A:HP Pavillion PC with windows 8 works ethernet works well but not able to connect through wireless

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-pc-with-windows-8-works-ethernet-works-well-but-not-able-to-connect-through-wireless.202705/
Relevancy 20.21%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,

I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to help with a problem. I am connected to my internet network on my PC through an Ethernet cable, but cannot access the internet through a browser or anything else. This is the second time this week this has happened. I had a separate PC issue early this week which caused me to reinstall windows. I have had the issue with connecting to the internet occur twice now since reinstalling windows, both times after installing windows updates. I resolved the first occur acne by having my ISP come out. I do not know what they did to fix the problem, only that the router was not the source, and he changed something while logged into the modem settings. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Cannot open web page, connected to router

First get a command prompt and then issue these to commands
ping 8.8.8.8
nslookup www.google.com

both should give some answers, neither should timeout or show errors

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-open-web-page-connected-to-router.202181/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have a D-Link DSL-2741B router, Internet via LAN cable is working normally but over wereless me the real problem can not be conect.Try I have a laptop and a mobile phone. I reset the router and re-configured, but still can not connect to wereless.Of laptp I did a new system of Windows 8, installed new drivers, I've tried but will.Problems originated from before 2-3 days. Please help if someone has a solution. thank you

PS: Ive literally tried everything including uninstalling/reinstalling network card, restore points (there are none), a windows update download, and reformatting the hard drive (wont let me). Any help is appreciated.

A:I can not connect to wireless

Look at the device manager (CP->Computer Mgmt->device mgr) and expand [+] Network adapters. If there are yellow or red marks, then the driver is at fault.

If not, then it's the settings of one of these:

the adapter
the firewall
the router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-can-not-connect-to-wireless.202161/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi gang. My usb modem HAS to be unplugged then plugged in for it to work?
Even if PC is off when I do this it will automatically start/connect when windows(7) loads and will work normally. If I don't do this I can not get it to work?
'device mngr' shows it as an 'unknown device'?
I have reinstalled it to no avail.

A:USB wireless issue

Are you talking about a modem or a usb network adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-wireless-issue.201928/
Relevancy 37.41%

Not sure if this is the correct section to post this question.
I have a desktop PC which is using 'Clear Wireless' as my internet connection.
If I set up another desktop PC in another room.....how do I get it to also use the same wireless connection?
This might sound like a silly question, but when you get my age, your lucky if you can remember what day it is.

A:Wireless connection?

"Clear Wireless" appears to be a service of Sprint. and also WiMAX
meaning you don't have a Modem or Router but take your connection directly off the radio waves - - can you confirm?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection.201898/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue connecting to my wireless network with my computer. Things were working fine until a few weeks ago when the wifi on my computer stopped connecting; now I can only get internet through a wired connection (although the fact I can do this is strange to me). My rooommate is not having any issues with the wireless whatsoever. I have a fairly new acer aspire s7 which has no difficulties connecting to any other wireless network while I am at campus or have gone home for the weekend. I'm at a loss as to how to fix this issue as it has become impossible to do any form of research while I am at home. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Jay

A:Laptop issue connecting to wireless internet but connects w/ LAN

Posibilities are your wireless signal is not in range or the wireless router is full of user who are connected to it, or it surpasses the user's limit.. how many user's has wifi connected to the wireless router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-issue-connecting-to-wireless-internet-but-connects-w-lan.201675/
Relevancy 21.07%

I decided to take the plunge and go with the U-verse internet phone etc because of the speed upgrade and the savings I would get As you already know U-verse needs it s own modem router combo I asked the salesman if I could keep my same router and just use the modem part of the problem Uverse router/modem U-verse system and they said yes no problem Well problem The guy that hooked up my system was not sure Uverse router/modem problem how to connect to two together to make the U-verse just the modem and my modem router to be the router Well I am not sure how to do this either I have a Netgear DGN and the U-verse one is a Motorola NVG I have to take the phone line and go into the Motorola and out into the Netgear I can t get into either router now to check anything out I do get internet so I am at least okay in that respect but some of my links to my lighting system and other things don t work properly now I suppose because it is not set up right Any help would be greatly appreciated Just let me know what other info you would need to help me with this little mess Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uverse-router-modem-problem.201676/
Relevancy 57.62%

Small office - 3 computers, 2 plugged into router, 1 wireless. Can I have two networks, one for office use, another for customers, that way they can't see our data files?

A:Have Linksys Wireless-N router, can I have two networks?

I'll look into that at office AM. Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-linksys-wireless-n-router-can-i-have-two-networks.201605/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi All,

I am having a issue with my new router (Tenda W150D Router), its not giving me access for uploading any files through wi fi on my iphone 5s using app (Wireless Drive), even I tried the same with vlc upload feature in iphone still it doesnt work......

I think the issue is with the firewall in the router which I cannot access normally from the router setup...

guys pls help.. any comments are welcome

A:Tenda W150D Router Issue

Hmm; accessing a website is an outbound action thru the firewall on port 80.
A site with file uploading uses the same port 80 as normally used for surfing the web.

We need more data to analyze the problem
?What URL are you accessing for the upload?

from this "iphone 5s using app (Wireless Drive)", I assume the data moves this way:
ISP==router -- wifi to your 5S: using an app called Wireless Drive​?can you confirm this please?

?are you sure you're accessing the router and NOT attempting upload via the cellular connection?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tenda-w150d-router-issue.201199/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi just wanted some conformation advice on what I plan on adding to my network at my house Currently I have a BTHub router and a TP-Link AV nano powerline adapter going from the router to the other side of the house where my room is because I receive little if any wireless signal to my room as it is very far away from the router What I plan on adding is CAT e gigabit cables Dual Router Situation going from my routers gigabit port through the powerline adapter to the WAN port on a TP-Link TL-WR ND Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Port Cable Router and then a third gigabit cable to my PC and a normal CAT cable from the TP-Link router to my XBox I wondered if a BT will allow a second router on the network b If I setup the SSiD Dual Router Situation and password for the new TP-Link to be the same as the BTHub will wireless Dual Router Situation devices get a seamless transition between both routers or if that is not the case and the routers will have to have separate SSiDs and passwords The main reason I plan on doing this is because currently to connect my XBox and my PC to the router though the powerline adapter I have to switch the cable around which is a pain so I though I should get a port switch to connect them both at the same time but then I thought I should try to future proof it a little and I should go Gigabit but a port Gigabit switch is almost the same price as a gigabit router which should give me wireless connectivity to my room and this side of the house Please try to make things as simple as possible as networking is most definitely not my strong point Also for any non-gigabit connections I will use the normal CAT cables that came with my powerline adapter originally Thanks -hopgop nbsp

A:Dual Router Situation

Or would it be better to get an 8 port gigabit switch and a wireless range extender? Which would be easier / the most efficient? I am currently leaning toward the wireless range extender option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-router-situation.201227/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello, I'm new here. I'm trying to fix my sons Asus laptop. it won't connect wirelessly but will connect via ethernet cable. device manager has exclamation point beside network controller. I cannot download drivers for it. can you help?

A:Asus X53E network controller issue/no wireless

"I cannot download drivers for it"... Why? Can you get the driver from here:
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=114&m=X53E&os=&hashedid=mDFYFQWEpTitMwA6
If the driver won't install, the Wifi card may be bad... Something that doesn't happen very often

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x53e-network-controller-issue-no-wireless.201175/
Relevancy 21.07%

hello everyone, I'm looking for an answer to a parental question. I have a couple of boys that don't know when to get off the internet! I'm wondering how I can shut down the internet access at a certain time of the day than start it back up again. I'm using a netgear router, don't remember the model # off hand. There is two computers a nd two xboxes wired to the router. Can anyone shed some light on this problem.....telling them to get off obviously didn't work....LOL. Thanks for any help.

A:Blocking the Internet using a Netgear router

Are these boys yours, or someone else's kids? How old are they?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blocking-the-internet-using-a-netgear-router.158930/
Relevancy 36.55%

Wired & Wireless Connections simultaneously

The question is how to configure LAN connections on PCs

please see attached file for details
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eoo80ew849wti9d/HomeNetworkConfigQuestion.jpg

A:Wired & wireless connections simultaneously

Hey AttTio. Is your diagram correct?. I see the connection from the switch going to one pc that's wired and another that is connected wirelessly. What happens if you connect both pc's straight to the router?. You could have a bad switch or the cable between the router and switch is bad if you get no connection in Ethernet mode as shown

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-wireless-connections-simultaneously.200782/
Relevancy 21.07%

I want to configure my dlink-dir600 router with bsnl wimax but I am unable to do that...
kindly reply with full step by step procedure

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/configure-dlink-router.200844/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi I have a Verizon FIOS router m n MI WR which has been acting up lately Beginning about months ago it began to exhibit the following symptoms No connectivity from any connected computer on wired LAN I am not sure if wireless devices had connectivity but I do not believe so The problem was always resolved by power cycling the router for about seconds but it would recur usually after - days Eventually I contacted Verizon using live chat and after they did some checking had me reset the router to default This seemed to solve the problem for about weeks but this week it started happening again Exactly the same issue Today though I decided to check the IP address of my computer while it was not able to connect to the router I found that the subnet had been changed from its normal to The computer s IP address had changed as well from x to Of course I could not access the router as the subnet had been changed Also of note I have a second router being used only as a switch to connect more PC s to the LAN This second router is set to an ip Verizon router Problem with address of and is registered as STATIC with the main Verizon router DHCP has been turned off on the second router and there is no WAN connection so all it is doing is acting as a switch I went on live chat with Verizon again this morning and tried to convince them that I need Problem with Verizon router a new router but the agent would not issue an order for one I was told instead that all checks she had done from her end indicated that the router is working fine Well yes I had to reset the router by power cycling before getting Problem with Verizon router on live chat I realize now that I should not have resolved the issue before contacting Verizon Next time and there will be a next time I Problem with Verizon router will call them by phone when the problem is actually occurring I am curious to know why this problem is occurring It appears that the router has a problem with its flash RAM where it stores the current parameters but I am sure it is more complicated than that Why it works for weeks after having been reset to default then fails again is perplexing Note that I am posting here because I can not even get my Verizon FIOS account registered properly on their support forum to post a message But then that s not surprising I have known that Verizon is a dysfunctional company for a long time nbsp

A:Problem with Verizon router

You need the admin id + password to alter the settings.

I found that the subnet had been changed from its normal 255.255.255.0, to 255.255.0.0. The computer's IP address had changed as well, from 192.168.1.x to 192.254.208.105.Click to expand...

That 254 moves your router from the Private, non-routable Class C into a Public Class C - -
Not good for you (security & privacy) and a sure sign of being hacked

1) login and immediately change the default password to something you know (hint: same as your pc login?)

2) disable remote administration; usually by disabling port 8080

3) investigate your MTU settings; see this discussion.

4) look for a firmware update for that make/model

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-verizon-router.200579/
Relevancy 20.64%

So... like most of world my family lives online. Having found that ISP pricing in Alaska is horrendously expensive, I want to find a solution that I can create 4 SSIDs, one for each of my three kids (ages 12, 14, &16) and one for me and my wife, and place a data cap on each SSID so that I can't be hit up with the bills that come with overages. I figure with individual SSIDs they can use what ever device they have with out having to detirmine MAC addresses or IPs used or any of that other stuff.

I would like to have just one router be able to accomplish this. I have an older router, an Apple Time Capsule I bought about 6 years ago, but as I don't use Macintosh computers any more, I would be happy to buy a new router and get it set up to manage this dilema.

Any Advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-and-networking-multiple-ssids-and-data-cap-per-ssid.200229/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello everyone,

I'm using windows 7 on my pc and try to connect to my home wireless connection .
every time I try to connect and enter the password, it won't be connected.
However, I'm using my laptop and phone to connect and it worked properly.

Please help my problem
Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 unable to connect to wireless connection

How is your wireless Configured. I have seen many issues when using mixed mode in certain Linksys or Cisco Products. What kind of adapter are you using on y our PC for wireless Connection? Has it ever worked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-connection.199928/
Relevancy 57.62%

Are you having a problem with your Internet connection or Wi-Fi? Whatever the problem ? from a flaky connection to Wi-Fi troubles or even no access to the Internet at all ? some router troubleshooting could fix things.

Some of this also applies to your modem, although many Internet service providers are handing out combined router-modem units these days. Your wireless router and modem may actually be the same device.

Reboot the Router Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-troubleshoot-wireless-router-problems.199886/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Could you please tell me if this is possible:
My computer is connected to a wireless network. Can I hook up my D-link (DIR-412) to my computer and use the internet from the computer to output another wireless area?

Thanks sounds complicated.

A:Connected to WIFI and want to extend wifi with another wireless router

Where you live is your setup like this?

Internet
Modem
WiFi Router

or

Internet
Modem with built-in WiFi Router

If you want extend the WiFi you would get WiFi Access Point. Or you can take a WiFi Router and disable NAT, SPI, DCHP, then you create a static IP address. 192.168.x.50

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-wifi-and-want-to-extend-wifi-with-another-wireless-router.199845/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have three Macbook Pros and two PCs at home. When the PCs are connected to the WiFi the internet slows down for just the MacBooks. When the Macbooks are on and not the PCs they run at fast speed. Is there a way to limit the bandwidth for each device, or would there be something else to do to fix the problem? I need help!

A:Wireless Connection Issues

QoS settings in the router webpage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-issues.199808/
Relevancy 21.07%

SORRY FOR ALL THE BACKGROUND INFO So I have had the same router for years now Belkin f d - and whilst its had its problems over the years its generally been okay On my home network I have my Sony Vaio and my Asus a ps both my iphone and my samsung tv as well as my mum s acer netbook and her galaxy s My iphone is a few years old now and has for some time struggled to consistently connect and stay connected to the wifi my asus had some problems but they were hardware related and I fixed them a couple of months ago The acer netbook had been connecting to the wifi fine since my mum was Devices up brain teaming my and to fry router given it when a few months Devices and router teaming up to fry my brain ago it suddenly wouldnt connect and no matter what I did to the settings of the laptop or router it could not be solved as my mum is not heavily reliant on technology we got her a long ethernet cable as a short-term fix A few weeks later I wanted to use the internet functions of my samsung tv so I took the cable from the netbook as my mum wasnt there at the time When my mum returned she complained about me Devices and router teaming up to fry my brain having taken the cable but then found her netbook was working over the wifi again since then it has stopped working with the wifi again My vaio and ps have never suffered problems before and my has only began to struggle since being water damaged SORRY FOR ALL THE BACKGROUND INFO About days ago I was in my kitchen where the wifi barely reaches and therefore paid no attention when my vaio lost connection and wouldnt regain it It wasn t until the next day when I realised there was no connection still that I decided to investigate After restarting the router and relocating to my living room the problem was solved Then yesterday I became ambitious and tried to find a solution for the iphone not working over the wifi either THATS WHEN IT ALL WENT WRONG I now since last evening cannot get my vaio to connect to the wifi no matter what I ve read other solutions on the internet and whether they dont solve my problem or ive implemented them wrong nothing is getting the wifi back It either displays as LIMITED CONNECTIVITY or as an UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK with NO CONNECTION through ethernet cable though there is absolutely no issue PLEASE HELP ME I also have a BT HOMEHUB although im with TALK TALK so if someone knows how I can flash the homehub then that would also be a solution for me UPDATE My asus works although it also had an unidentified network I managed to get rid of this by disabling the windows miniports I tried the same fix on my vaio but it had no affect Managed to get my vaio to identify the network by assigning the ip myself rather than automatically but this also did nothing in terms of getting me connected Moderator note Do not shout please - All caps nbsp

A:Devices and router teaming up to fry my brain

With the iphone I would try to forget the wifi network under your settings and then trying to reconnect it. They have weird issues like this often and that usualy fixes the issues. I have also have seen issues in the past with how my wireless routers have been configured. I have seen issues with mixed mode configurations and such. Can you send me any information on how your wireless router is configured?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/devices-and-router-teaming-up-to-fry-my-brain.199677/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi,

I recently bought dlink D2750U WIFI ADSL modem/router, for my ADSL internet connection.

But I have now changed my ISP, who provide internet via cable(not telephone line). The ISP guy provides a cable modem(old modem) along with it.

I have connected my PC this way:
Cable modem -> Router -> PC through RJ45. I am able to access internet from my PC, but I am not able to get wifi working on the router. And I am logging onto internet through a dial up connection.
Questions:
1) Please help in configuring the router to get wifi working.
2) Also, my default gateway seems to be either 0.0.0.0 or blank. So, I am not able to login to the modem unless I remove the modem connection. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here.

Here are a few more details:
Output of ipconfig: http://pastebin.com/Zr9Eb7L7

A:Using dlink D2750U Wifi Modem/Router As a Wifi Router

Hey Narain. The D-Link unit you have appears to be a combo unit (modem and wireless router) since it connects straight to the RJ-11 phone line. This unit won't work with an ISP that provides service by way of coax cable. The D-Link will work if you want to use DSL, but you need a cable service compatible modem or combo modem/router if you use cable service.

ftp://support.dlink.co.in/broadband/DSL-2750U/manual/DSL-2750U_C1_Manual_IN_1.00.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-dlink-d2750u-wifi-modem-router-as-a-wifi-router.199643/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello Everyone !
Right now I am using a broadband connection as my Internet connection and I have a dsl modem which is wi-fi capable. Two of my frnds share the same Internet connection through wi-fi. The problem is whenever any of us watching YouTube videos or downloading something, the whole speed is consumed by that particular computer. I know that many new modems have the capability to limit the bandwidth usage these days but mine is an older one. So I was wondering if there is any way I can limit the bandwidth for each computer.
Thanks !

A:How to limit the bandwidth for each computer on a wireless network?

You have to have a modem you can log into an has that type of feature. If you are wired into the network, you should be able to limit the wireless bandwidth and keep your wired bandwidth up. Normally go into the modem, go to setting and wireless setting to limit it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-limit-the-bandwidth-for-each-computer-on-a-wireless-network.193175/