Windows Support Forum

Issues When Re installing Windows XP Home Edition

Q: Issues When Re installing Windows XP Home Edition

I have a problem im using sp1 at the moment and for some reason when im using the internet viewing my documents when i scroll down on pages it goes in slow motion. When i try and move pages around with the mouse everything is slow and its incredibly irritating. Now is this to do with the fact that i havent got sp2 everything else seems to run smoothly playing games downloading things ect. I tryed downloading sp2 but my computer wouldnt start up properly i have had so many problems with this pc you wouldnt believe ps it has nothing to do with malware or spyware i have Adaware Norton ect. Im currently having to use a house fan to keep it from overheating

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Issues When Re installing Windows XP Home Edition

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Issues When Re installing Windows XP Home Edition

welcome

Quote:

Im currently having to use a house fan to keep it from overheating

we need your specs, take the side off, if it isnt already off for the fan.
what does the power supply say? is the case clean?

you might need a re-apply of artic five on your cpu.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_s...structions.htm

post back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/issues-when-re-installing-windows-xp-home-edition-104210.html
Relevancy 77.83%

PC operates erratically. Cannot uninstall a malware/spyware download (screensavers). Need to free wasted memory by eliminating 2 separate PC operating systems, which I created, inadvertently. Would also like help burning data and Favorites to blanks CD's, then re-installing Windows XP in order to return my computer back to its operational mode at time of purchase.

A:Re-installing Windows XP Home Edition

Well if your burning program is working the process is pretty straightforward. Just select the option to create a "data" CD

In XP, even if you don't have a burning program, you can copy/paste or drag and drop files directly on a writable CD and Windows will do it -- although the process is slower.

Favorites can be a bit of a problem only because of their file names sometimes being too long. But I think the standard burning programs can overcome this, if not XP itself.

To do a really clean install you will probably need to delete the existing partitions and create a new one (or more).

All this can be done within the XP setup CD itself.

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
http://www.theeldergeek.com/xp_pro_install_-_graphic.htm

If you bought a major vendor system you should follow their recovery procedures using their media -- or you will likely not install all the necessary drivers and software that came with the original system.

If this is a Dell -- they can go either way, depending on when and how you purchased it. They may have given you an XP CD -- or have included other recovery procedures.

If you have the XP CD -- they also have a drivers and applications CD for the rest of the software and drivers. Follow your manual or Dell website instructions for your service tag.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-installing-windows-xp-home-edition.469826/
Relevancy 77.83%

I can no longer download from the internet and I am thinking of reinstalling Windows XP to see if this will correct my problem I don t know if Re-Installing Home XP Edition Windows maybe something associated with downloading has been deleted or what ever I understand if I Re-Installing Windows XP Home Edition reinstall Windows XP then I have to gor thru re-installing all the updates I was wondering if I copied the windows XP program to a disk prior to removing what is now installed will it save everything associated with that program and I can then reinstall updates thru the disk I copies from Or if I do that if possible will I then just put the problem back into the program Also if I uninstall the program now on the computer and reinstall from the disk and then use the system restore will all the updates be automatically be reinstalled from memory I hope you understand what I m trying to say Or is there a way to run a repair on Windows XP where a search is made and then any missing files are reinstalled As stated I can not download from the internet so I can not download any repair programs from the internet I can run scans from the internet and copy the results if the program allows that I really have no idea what to do next Thanks in advance for any assistance nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

hello

recently i had to wipe my pc because of some virus my problem is i have no disc for windows xp home oem but i have my product key.
will any xp home oem cd work with my key or do i need a new key and cd.

many thanks

A:re-installing windows xp home edition oem

Any oem cd should work as long as it is XP Home Edition like your original. If you friend has one it would probably be ok to use it since you already have your own license.

Probably you will have to re-activate your serial when you install windows again in which case you simply call microsoft (it will tell you which # to call) and just tell them when they ask that you re-installed xp due to a virus or something and they will allow you to re-activate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-installing-windows-xp-home-edition-oem.721025/
Relevancy 77.83%

my old job gave m a old compaq hard drive. so i use a wipe clean hard drive program and erase everything.so i am starting from scratch and and trying to get a bootable disc, how can i get this ? i dont want no floppy because its not on my computer

A:installing windows xp or home edition

The XP CD is bootable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-windows-xp-or-home-edition.837222/
Relevancy 77.83%

I went out an got xp home edition but it will not install.
windows 2000 Porfessional is on the computer now.
How can I unstall 2000, so I can install xp home

A:Installing windows xp home edition

babett,

There are a few things you can do. The simplest is to install XP as an upgrade. All you do is start up windows 2000 and insert the XP CD. A wizard will start automatically suggesting that you install XP as an upgrade. Simply follow the prompts. the good thing about doing it this way is that all your programs and documents will be saved in the new system.

If you have any problems post back.

Cheers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-windows-xp-home-edition-223940.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I m planning to re-install Windows XP Home Edition tommorrow and I have a few Home XP Re-installing Windows Edition questions I placed the WinXP CD into my computer just to have a poke around It seems I have two options with the re-install I can upgrade or I can completely re-install I m planning to Re-installing Windows XP Home Edition go with the second option all files I need are backed up on CD However is there any trick to re-installing Will there be any conflict having Windows XP already installed as I try to re-install over the top Or do I have to delete everything first I seems as if I can just go straight ahead and install it over the top is this going to work Or do I have to delete it first Please help Microsoft don t give you much documentation on this stuff I think they d rather have us believe there is never a need to re-install Thanks ADDED I just had a look at the Knowledge base over at monopoly com oops I mean microsoft com Anyway I couldn t find any helpful information Just stuff on the re-install upgrade option The main reason I want to reinstall is to fix a program that refuses to run due to a conflict It used to run fine then one day it stopped working Anyway do you think the first option would cure this Or is the full-blown reinstall the best bet Any ideas and commments would be lovely Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

I'm trying to install the built in Windows XP Home Edition Fax component, but when it asks for the CD, I only have the Windows XP Professional Edition disk. It doesn't accept the professional version and only asks for the Home Edition version. Is there anyway I can somehow still install it from the Professional disk, or another way I can install it?

Thanks.

A:Solved: Installing Windows Home Edition FAX

You'll need the version that is installed on your machine. Where is your CD?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installing-windows-home-edition-fax.808846/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I WIndows XP OS ➢ edition of Home Re-installing have a Dell desktop computer Dont know if this will help or not but I want to uninstall and reinstall XP in an effort to get it back ➢ Re-installing of WIndows XP Home edition OS to new state amp run smoother and faster it drags half the time I understand this desktop is super ancient amp getting a new one is best BUT I cant buy a better one right now I have never done a reinstall I bought this already ➢ Re-installing of WIndows XP Home edition OS installed from Dell I need step by step instructions to do so How long does this process take I have an external Hardrive where I plan to copy all my pictures amp personal things prior I have some knowledge on pc things so following instructions should be sufficient if the terms are kept easy enough I am concerned though cause of sp being the current service pack Can you direct me to the right place or if you have insight on this please let me know My SPecs WIndows XP home edition sp I have all original OS discs THanks in advance

A:➢ Re-installing of WIndows XP Home edition OS

Depending on the speed of your internet connection the full proccess after transfering your files off could be somewhere about 3-4 hours. That would reinstall the OS along with the doing all of the available updates and drivers. Then you would still need to install all of your programs and restore your backed up files. Usually when I am doing this for someone I block out an eight hour window to give me plenty of time to get done. I have another topic I posted that contains the steps to do this as well. I will post he link later when I get home.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397124/%e2%9e%a2-re-installing-of-windows-xp-home-edition-os/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi

First time of using the Forum so hello.

I have been given a Shuttle to complete the installation of Windows XP Home Edition. I have attached the Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse, the latter do not work. I place in the drive the Windows xp Home Edition CD. Everything is going fine as there is only the last but one installation to complete and then the final. Suddenly I get place in your Home Edition CD (which remember is already in there). I open the drawer and close and it continues then comes up with an error. Cannot find "Classes Cat" and also asks to select drive and shows D: I386. and asks you to say OK. This I cannot do as the keyboard and mouse are not working. What does anyone suggest. Many thanks

A:Installing windows xp home edition on to a shuttle x

WinXP Setup CDs do NOT have SATA drivers.

TRY THIS: go into BIOS Setup, the SATA Drive Setup and see if it has a Compatibility Mode. This mode will make the SATA load as an IDE drive, which will allow WinXP install.

After successful install of WinXP, load the SATA drivers from the Shuttle CD, then reboot, go into BIOS Setup, and reset the SATA Drive Mode back to what is was.

HIGHLY SUGGEST, you install WinXP Pro, NOT Home. All Home editions of Windows are very, very limited. The Home editions make it hard to change some settings that you MAY need to change on a Shuttle PC.

IF THE ABOVE DOES NOT WORK:

See if the package that came with your Shuttle has a way to install WinXP by using SATA driver from their CD.

It may be best to just contact Shuttle Support with the question.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-windows-xp-home-edition-on-to-a-shuttle-x-359482.html
Relevancy 76.97%

i am currently having problems with WindowsME and i am ready to give up. i tried to format C:\ and i cant get it to work anymore. would it be safe and alright and will it work if i just get the Windows XP Home Edition Upgrade and install it on my computer?

A:installing Windows XP Home Edition Upgrade

First of all you should run a test on your system to see that it can handle xp efficiently http://www.pcpitstop.com/xpready/default.asp

Then if so all you need to do is boot from the xp cdrom, select install, format the partition and clean install xp. It will ask for proof of the upgrade. At this point you slip in the ME cd to prove and follow the propmts to reinsert the xp cd and install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-windows-xp-home-edition-upgrade.223050/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi all:

System in question:
Celeron 700, 256 MB of Ram, 40 GB hard drive.

I have a huge issue with one of our workstations. I have tried many times in installing Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Upgrade). When I attempt to install Windows XP Home Edition, every goes well to until phase two when the machine re-boots and tries to copy the installation files. The process just ‘stops’ and does not respond.

I have download and performed Microsoft’s hardware compatibility software check with no reported issues.
I have tried the following:

Reformatted the hard drive, re-installed Windows 98 (SE)

Removed one of the RAM memory (as suggested by Microsoft)

Removed any USB devices on the system

Removed the sound card

Removed the network LAN card

And still I have the same issue, during the second process after re-booting I just stops!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan
Advisor

A:Installing Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Check to see if there's any BIOS updates for the motherboard - you may need them to run win2000 or XP

also try playing around with the ACPI and PNP O/S options in the BIOS - try them on or off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-microsoft-windows-xp-home-edition.186890/
Relevancy 76.54%

Okay i ve basically been going through hell with my comp for the past couple of months Edition Home Issues CD Rom XP Windows so bare with me Well after my motherboard Windows XP Home Edition CD Rom Issues fried i purchised a new Gigabyte AMD board with an Athlon XP w new RAM After getting my two new gig hard drives installed and Win XP Home Edition running i started getting various problems Most of which i fixed but Windows XP Home Edition CD Rom Issues i Windows XP Home Edition CD Rom Issues still come up with one at the end of the mix I install a video game say C amp C Generals or Battlefield Well the CD Rom knows the disk is there and even installs the game but when the game is run it asks for the correct CD ROM Can anyone figure this one out for me The drive is an old model Toshiba DVD Rom Also if you can I do have a secondary CD ROM that its not picking up My system bios knows its there but windows wont assign a drive letter or something to it Any feedback would be greatly appreciated thank you PS The drive that works is actually on the secondary end of the IDE The master is actually a newer CDR RW burner the brand im not sure of at the moment nbsp

A:Windows XP Home Edition CD Rom Issues

Sometimes, we miss the obvious...

Have you got the drive's jumpers set correctly (Master/slave)?

Are they in the right places on the IDE cable?

Have you set the BIOS to auto-detect?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-edition-cd-rom-issues.310098/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,

Yesterday is my Laptop Toshiba Satellite L505 ES5018 Windows 7 Home Edition recovered to Fabric Settings with success. After that are 65 Update installed from Microsoft but then, laptop start any more. My question is: Are the Updates from Microsoft the reason why computer does not start again? and how may I solve here this problem? Help me please

A:Windows 7 Home Edition, start any more after installing 65 M$ Updates

Quote: Originally Posted by Exeter

Hi,

Yesterday is my Laptop Toshiba Satellite L505 ES5018 Windows 7 Home Edition recovered to Fabric Settings with success. After that are 65 Update installed from Microsoft but then, laptop start any more. My question is: Are the Updates from Microsoft the reason why computer does not start again? and how may I solve here this problem? Help me please

You can do a System Restore to the time before the Updates started. Since you Win 7 is so new, there might not be a System Restore point. Follow this tutorial and see if it helps. System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/263463-windows-7-home-edition-start-any-more-after-installing-65-m-updates.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello, I'm having some problems installing Windows XP: Home Edition on my computer. This is a fresh install on a brand new Hdd. I've eliminated it being an hdd or bad xp disk issue, as I've tried both of my disks on multiple hdds, and i only run into the problem on one computer. It goes through the formatting, and copying of the files. But the problem is with the reboot halfway through the installation. It boots back up, POSTS and goes to a black screen with a little green dot in one corner and that's where it stops. Any ideas for what could be causing this? Thanks

-Jerry

A:Windows xp Home Edition installation issues.

2 things to try, 1st remove all but 1 of the sticks of ram from the machine. if u get the same problem remove that stick and use another. 2nd remove your graphics card and do the install with the on board graphics chip if u have one. Also it is not advisable to overclock while doing an install of windows. if u are oced then reset the clocks and memory timings, do the install and overclock again when the install is complete

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ oced @ 2.6 Gz
ECS N-Force 4 A-939 K8 HT2000
2 GB DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) CR 1T
PCI-E XFX GeForce 7600 GT oced @ C/M 701/862 Mhz
250 GB Maxtor 7Y250M0 SATA HDD
160 GB Western Digital WD1600JD-75HBB0 SATA HDD
Sound Blaster live 5.1 digital audio
Xerox TFT 8ms 19" LCD Flat screen and 19" Philips 1095 running in duelview
Logitech mx 518 gaming grade laser guide mouse
Windows XP x64 Proffesional
All chipsets water cooled by the Vantec Stingray with Fluid XP+
2x12" bass drivers crossed @ 120mhz, 4x6" mid drivers combined with
2 baby bum horns and 2 tweeters together running @ 250 watts RMS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-home-edition-installation-issues-114382.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I downloaded Windows 10 Anniversary Edition on my HP Notebook 15 a couple days ago.  This version came as an update, and it was not clear to me until it was complete. This laptop is new for me, purchased in June this year.  Since the update, the sound quality has been poor; very scratchy and white noise in background. Not sure what to do to fix this.  Anyone else?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Sound-issues-after-installing-Windows-10-Anniversary-Edition/td-p/5715696
Relevancy 74.82%

hey,
i recently downgraded to Windows XP Home Edition (who wouldn't) and found that some of my drivers couldn't install, and then the big loud 'beep' sound that we would all be familiar with when we have our volume turned up too high will erupt out of the laptop...i tried to mute the volume, using sndvol32.exe, but it has the same annoying beeping noise and it says it needs an audio mixer or something...
ideas anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-issues-after-downgrading-to-windows-xp-home-edition.766139/
Relevancy 73.1%

Could someone please tell me where I can find the font files on my Windows Vista Home Edition DVD?

I have 7000+ fonts installed on my system and want to remove all but the Windows default fonts. I figure that the only way to do this, is to delete every font from the fonts folder and then copy the default Windows fonts back to the fonts folder.

In theory this should be possible, as previously on the Windows XP discs you could restore fonts, I managed it on one occassion.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/issues-with-the-windows-vista-home-premium-edition-fonts-folder-210120.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I posted this by mistake in the 98 section;

I just got Windows XP but when I try to install it and this error message pops up;

The installation source path specified to Setup is invalid. Contact your system administrator.

How do I solve this issue?

A:Installing XP Home Edition

Are you doing a clean install? Did you format your Hard Drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-xp-home-edition.564539/
Relevancy 67.94%

i just built a new computer and everything works fine, bought a new microsoft windows xp cd.. And i cant install xp.. when i boot computer it says master boot record error press a key, when i press key it says boot from atapi cd rom: disk boot failure,insert system disk and press enter. Ive tried making a boot floppy from my current computer by right clicking on 3 1/2 floppy format ms dos startup but that doesnt do anything can someone please help me.

A:problem installing xp home edition

First things first: Go into your BIOS and change the boot order to: CD-ROM (optical drive), Floppy, Hard Drive, Network Boot.

Then, get yourself a Windows 98 boot disk http://www.mirrors.org/archived_soft...1/boot98se.exe and use it to boot the system.
If that works, boot with the XP cd and see if it will install.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-installing-xp-home-edition-28606.html
Relevancy 67.94%

hello i am new to this forum. its great.
i searched for this problem but i couldnt found it. i read the re-install thread but i didnt saw the same problem.

i have a medion computer. with the computer i got windows home edition. now i want to install windows on my computer but there are some problems. the CD is not the problem because on a friends computer the same CD worked great.

i boot my computer and this is how it goes:
here is everything fine.

now i need to press enter. and here starts the problem. nothing happens.
enter,R,F3 ......nothing works. nothing.
so i tryed the same windows on another computer and it worked. i tryed illegal windows on my computer and they worked.
only this CD on my computer doesnt work.

did someoen have teh same problem?

thank you for your help.

Relevancy 67.94%

I need help. I have installed XP PRO over xp home edition , but I may have done something wrong.My intention was to use the XP PRO instalation CD(iso-bootable linux) and use this cd to Partition and format the old windows xp home edition. After my XP PRO instalation, I noticed something had not completely deleted and formatted the old xp home. When i start the pc its now asking me do I want to start XP PRO or XP HOME edition, thats a bummer I thought xp home was deleted already. Secondly I am now seeing that my sound driver does not work and my modem does not work due to some interrupt IRQ conflicting in System Information. The modem worked fine under the old xp home also the sounds and speaker were working OK. Is there any way to remedy this situation without having to re-install XP PRO again ? message edited by auto7890

A:irq conflicts after installing XP PRO over xp home edition

My advice is to boot off your XP Pro disc, delete ALL partitions, then create one new partition using all available drive space. After Windows is installed, use Easeus Partition Master to repartition the HDD, if needed. You will likely have to hunt down & install the drivers for the chipset, audio, video, network, etc. The drivers on the Windows disc are outdated. Windows Update may or may not have the drivers you need.http://www.easeus.com/partition-man...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/irq-conflicts-after-installing-xp-pro-over-xp-home-edition/203640.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I turned my computer on and inserted the WIndows XP disc and nothing happened; so I shut the computer down with the disc in it and restarted it and still nothing......

The only message I'm getting is:
"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device."

Anyone have any advice?

A:Help Installing WindowsXP Home Edition

This is a good guide to reinstalling XP . . you might want to print it for reference during the install.

http://www.techhandbook.com/windows/...g-Windows.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-installing-windowsxp-home-edition-442397.html
Relevancy 67.94%

just started using Oracle 9i at uni, and ive been told that i cant install it on XP HOME Edition

Is there any way around it or a version that actually works on Home Edition?

A:Installing Oracle 9i on XP Home edition?

Hi
It is not impossible to install ora9i on the XP but the only thing is you need experteese in it.What version of XP are you using?
XP professional is very easy but installing on the XP Home is very tough.
Instead of changing the version of oracle I would suggest you to change the operating system as this is very necessary for the technical professional.
Good Luck
Mustafa

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-oracle-9i-on-xp-home-edition.400628/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi I have tried to install window XP home ediction SP multiple times but have never been successful I would like SP2 Window edition Installing XP home to fix the problems that is preventing me from installing Installing Window XP home edition SP2 the SP Here is the log from Hijackthis Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Installing Window XP home edition SP2 Common Files Real Installing Window XP home edition SP2 Update OB realsched exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mim exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files DataViz DvzIncMsgr exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files palmOne Hotsync exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client pnagent exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C Program Files SBC Self Support Tool bin mpbtn exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS System DllHost exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http red clientapps yahoo com cust my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http red clientapps yahoo com cust my yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuardDLBLOCK CBrowserHelper - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run MMTray quot C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe quot O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent McUpdate exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run MimBoot C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM mimboot exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run BJCFD C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundatio... Read more

A:Installing Window XP home edition SP2

Hi and Welcome to TSF

Your issue sounds like it's an "Update" problem and not malware related. Let's make sure though..

Before attacking an adware/spyware problem with hijackthis make sure you have already run the following tools. Download and update the databases on each program before running. Ad-Aware? SE Personal Edition
*Note* For Ad-AwareSE also install the VX2 Addon Cleaner To run this tool once Adaware is updated click on Add-ons in the lefthand column. Select VX2 Cleaner V2.0 and click Run Tool. Click "OK" , then, if something is found, click "Clean" as in the directions given. Click "Close", and exit Ad-Aware.
Spybot Search & Destroy
CWShredder

Also make sure you are using the the latest version (1.99.1) of HijackThis and it's installed in it's own folder on the root drive. (C:\HJT)

Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan
** click on "Free use ActiveScan" located on the top right hand corner Click Check Now & a 'pop up' window shall appear. *ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it
Enter your e-mail address, country, and state & click Scan Now ...begins downloading 8 MB Panda's ActiveX controls
Begin the scan by selecting My Computer If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report.
Please ignore any entry it finds and wants you to buy the program for removal as we will address this later.
Click on see report. Then click Save report
Please post that log in your next reply

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/installing-window-xp-home-edition-sp2-82214.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi - using the Microsoft CD provided with my Dell Dimension 8200 I am unable to install XP Home addition on a Dell GX240. The installation appears to work perfectly, with no error messages, and nothing unusual. After the installation is complete, XP tries to boot, the Home Edition splash screen displays, then the screen goes blank and stays blank. Using the keyboard and mouse have no effect.

Some background: I purchased the GX240 from the company I work for. It was working well prior to my purchase. Before bringing it home, the company required that I boot it with a "wipe-out" diskette that removes everything from the hard drive. However when the initial Dell screen appears it still shows the company name, and when I use F2 to view the bios information there is an uneditable tag number. Could the bios settings be preventing XP from starting properly?

Thanks for any suggestions,

- mestran

A:problem installing XP Home Edition

Hi mestran

Dell CDs are keyed to the Bios on the motherboard in most of their systems. You can only use that license for the computer it shipped with.

A retail XP CD should install fine, if you erase the hard drive first. XP Home has been on sale at some stores as low as $40 or $50, now that Vista has been released.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

[P.S. ... a no-cost solution might be to see if your company's IT department will install XP for you - they should, since they sold you the otherwise unusable system.]

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-installing-xp-home-edition-138544.html
Relevancy 67.08%

My main PC is my Win desktop PC on which I am writing this My question regards an old PC I had stored and unused for the last few years and which Edition Home XP3 my final XP2 onto PC Question?. Installing I have recently installed in my workshop I had the original Windows XP Home Edition SP disc and I used it Installing final XP3 onto my XP2 Home Edition PC Question?. to reinstall the OS just to see if it was all working Anyway to cut a long story short it was fine and now I have it working and connected to my home network Problem as you probably know is that as Windows XP has been unsupported since I cannot just update to SP from Microsoft anymore What I did do though was download a copy of the final updates edition of SP to my Win downloads folder I found an article online on creating a bootable slipstream disc from my original SP disc and the final SP file but this I believe would mean a complete reinstall of the OS and if possible I would like to avoid that in order to retain my files installed programs etc Is it possible to create a bootable disc just from the final SP file which I downloaded and use that to update the existing install of XP SP or is there another way to do this

A:Installing final XP3 onto my XP2 Home Edition PC Question?.

No you don`t have to do that, just do some digging with google and you`ll find SP3, trust me it`s out there

But if you ever decided to reinstall, here`s a link to XP Home SP3

Windows XP Home Edition SP3 Free Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/397224-installing-final-xp3-onto-my-xp2-home-edition-pc-question.html
Relevancy 67.08%

This is my first real post so please go easy on me..........Ive had the same problem with avg 8.5 where after several tries it will not update (windows xp) so i was thinking of downloading Avast home edition free, would i need to go to "Add and remove programmes " and remove avg from there before downloading Avast home edition........Phew....Thanks

A:Installing Avast home edition free

Hi novice21 welcome to Bleeping Computer, You should remove the AVG first running two will cause them to slow your system down, here is a tutorial on how to install Avast to help you get the best use out of it.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-avast-antivirus/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/227633/installing-avast-home-edition-free/
Relevancy 66.65%

I'm trying to provide some support for my brother who is experiencing the following problem. I'm still running Windows ME, and have had little experience with the inner workings of XP.

Has anyone experienced the following?:

After XP boots, the start button cannot be accessed. When the mouse pointer hovers over the task bar or start button, it turns to an hourglass. The web can be accessed through an AOL account, but he is not able to open any apps or other windows. CPU usage is 100%. No apps are running in the task manager, but he has a bunch of ad ware crap in the running processes area. We were unable to start XP in safe mode (pressing F8 when booting?).

I wish I could provide more info, but I'm several hours away from the computer running XP, and the user is not very savvy.

Any thoughts?

Relevancy 66.65%

Well my mum recently got her laptop fixed its a amilo a1630, the thing is when i try to install xp home edition which was on it previously it freezes at different times before the bit where you put in the serial key.

The place that apparently repaired it said they sent it to Fujitsu who supposedly replaced the processor.Fujitsu according to this guy had installed xp on it again but then removed it.

I try'd mailing fujitsu but they just directed me to their 60p a minute phone line which i cant afford to call.

Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong with this laptop because it cost my mum over 100pounds and nothing seems to have been done to it

A:Xp home edition laptop issues

It sounds like it still has issues with the processor or motherboard. Take it back to the repair shop and make them stand by their work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-home-edition-laptop-issues.983892/
Relevancy 66.65%

I've been having this problem for about three weeks now and it's really starting to get annoying

Every time I start my computer, that message that comes up when your computer is unexpectedly shows and I can choose to start with either safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known good configuration or start windows normally. Every single one of these that I choose, the exact same thing happens:

The Windows loading screen will come up and the boxes will go from left to right in that rectangle under the windows logo and then all of a sudden a blue screen with some text on it will flash really fast and then the computer will restart. I can't read any of the text because it restarts too fast.

Please help cause this is really starting to get frustrating and I can't find out whats wrong with it anywhere.

Relevancy 66.65%

I need someone to help me solve this problem. I was trying to install window xp onto my computer and now after the blue setup pages when the computer is about to restart the screen just freeze in a blank black pages. the problem started when i re formated the hard drive and was trying to install xp now i can't get into window 98 se and everytime i restart it'll just go into the blue setup pages for xp and do the same stuff over and over. (freeze black screen.) my hard drive is fully erased and i can't seem to install or do anything now, so if any one out there know how to figure out this problem help me out..thanks

A:when installing xp home edition the screen just blank out and freeze.

Had the same problem.There's a set of 6 setup floppies you download from MS. Use the Home edition, not Pro. They set up all the boot files and drivers necessary to reinstall from the CD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-installing-xp-home-edition-the-screen-just-blank-out-and-freeze.264299/
Relevancy 66.65%

Ok my computer crashed recently Since then i have had it almost fixed My friend installed the wrong version of windows xp on my computer I m supposed to have Windows Xp home edition instead i have an invalidated copy of Windows xp Professional I have the Operating system reinstallation cd for windows xp home edition and i have the drivers and utilities cd for my dell dimension which includes the device drivers and diagnostics and utilities Both of these Cd s were sent to me by Dell recently I am now ready to reinstall the proper version of windows Xp on my computer which is the Home Edition and not the professional edition First I need to save my files all of my files My problem is so complicated because when my friend installed Windows Xp professional edition on xp came edition version home that original with the of installing computer my computer he installed it on the D drive The C drive is reading everything though i believe So what i need to do or want to do is move everything that installing the original version of xp home edition that came with computer is needed to either the C drive or the D drive so that i can delete windows xp professional and then install windows xp home edition on my computer I want to save all of my files and please make a note that i do not have a backup drive or disk or software I have heard that i can perform this function without backing up all of my files quot quot quot Can someone please help me quot quot quot I believe i have everything needed to reinstall windows xp home edition and to save my files so i can go on about my day nbsp

A:installing the original version of xp home edition that came with computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-the-original-version-of-xp-home-edition-that-came-with-computer.946810/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi

Hopefully I've placed this in the right area...
Im trying to install AVG Free edition v8.0 onto my computer that runs Windows XP Professional. It goes through all of the motions and tries to install and once it has attempted an install it comes up with the message " Installation Failed!" I clicked on the button for more details and the following error msg came up:

Error: Action failed for directory scanlogs: setting directory access rights....
Error 0x80070570

I don't have another antivirus program installed and I have canceled all the other programs running....

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Amelie

A:Issues Installing AVG Antivirus Free Edition

I got this from the AVG website:If you are installing AVG 8.0 Free Edition and the installation process fails, there are several steps you can take to install AVG Free successfully.1. Make sure you are installing AVG under an account with Administrative rightsThis step is vital for correct and successful installation, since AVG needs to copy some of its files into folders, which are not accessible by an account with User permissions.2. Always use the latest AVG installation fileAVG program is being improved continuously, including the installer which is responsible for correct installation process. Moreover, using the latest installation package eliminates the need to download larger program and virus base updates immediately after installation. To download the up-to-date installation file, please visit the Download section of our website.3. Close all running programs, disable security applicationsBefore running the installation file, please close all unnecessary running programs and make sure that there is no security application on your computer which might interfere with the installation process. Typical examples of programs preventing successful AVG installation are anti-spyware utilities and registry monitors/cleaners, which are preventing access to Windows registry. AVG needs to be installed also into registry to allow the functionality and protection it was designed to offer.4. Remove possible conflicting applicationsIf you are using an application which might be in conflict with AVG, please disable it or uninstall it completely before running the installation. In general, AVG may conflict with such application, that provides similar or same functionality as one of the AVG components. This is especially important for other programs with one or more of these features: - real-time protection against viruses (same as AVG Resident Shield) - checking or filtering of e-mails (same or similar to AVG E-mail Scanner)5. Disable UAC (Windows Vista only)On Windows Vista, the function User Account Control may in some cases create a copy of specific AVG files in a virtual folder. This limits AVG functionallity after the installation. The UAC function can be disabled in Windows Control Panel -> User accounts -> Turn User Account Control on or off -> uncheck "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer" -> click OK button and restart the computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180129/issues-installing-avg-antivirus-free-edition/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey all I have an LG GH LP DVD Burner on a Qaud Core Intel cpu running XP home SP I have always been able to use programs like Nero ImgBurn and DVDFab under the restricted access quot User quot account despite the fact they require the SPTI I ve been able to rip and burn from this account for as long as I had the computer Today I SP3 XP DVD issues in and Burner Home Edition SPTI decided for the heck of it to run the quot LG ODD Firmware update quot program It found an update and told me what to do and ran it It was LG Electronics GH LP Firmware Version v quot Improved Writing stratagy quot was what it said I thought quot why not quot since it s always been a little slow at getting DVD Burner and SPTI issues in XP Home Edition SP3 up to speed on burner and rips using most imgburn and the like Anyways after this Nothing will recognize the DVD Burner in user mode Imgburn says quot Access Denied quot and You need administrator privileges to use SPTI Also after I installed the firmware some of my ASUS auto power settings I forgot the name got messed up and turned off I was able to do system restore to get that back to normal However no matter what I do it will not recognize the burners now under the DVD Burner and SPTI issues in XP Home Edition SP3 quot User quot restricted access mode I know it would before as I had gigs of crap on my drive I ve gotten on there under the user account using these very programs that now recognize nothing They all seem to work under DVD Burner and SPTI issues in XP Home Edition SP3 the quot Owner quot account that has admin privileges but I have no interest in using that account all the time I d like to restore it so these programs can find the DVD Burner and use it under the restricted access quot User quot account I have no idea why it can t find the SPTI anymore what it did or why these programs no find the DVD Burner work under User mode I ve un-installed and re-installed most of them to no avail Here is one of my old ImgBurn logs from a few weeks ago This was done under the restricted access quot User quot mode It successfully initialized the SPTI and found the devices and it successfully burned stuff too as you can see I ImgBurn Version started I Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack I Total Physical Memory KB - Available KB I Initialising SPTI I Searching for SCSI ATAPI devices E Failed to check for ImgBurn update I Found DVD RW RAM I Operation Started I Source File C Documents and Settings User My Documents DVDFab Fan Films RHPISO RHP iso I Source File Sectors MODE I Source File Size bytes I Source File Volume Identifier A Rock And A Hard Place I Source File Volume Set Identifier a A Rock And A Hard Place I Source File Application Identifier SONIC SOLUTIONS IMAGESCRIPT I Source File Implementation Identifier Adobe Encore DVD I Source File File System s ISO UDF I Destination Device HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH LP D SCSI I Destination Media Type DVD-R Disc ID RITEKF Speeds x x x x I Destination Media Sectors I Write Mode DVD I Write Type DAO I Write Speed x I Link Size Auto I Test Mode No I OPC No I BURN-Proof Enabled I Filling Buffer MB I Writing LeadIn I Writing Session of Track LBA - I Writing Track of MODE LBA - I Synchronising Cache I Exporting Graph Data I Graph Data File C Documents and Settings User Application Data ImgBurn Graph Data Files HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH LP WEDNESDAY-JANUARY- - - AM RITEKF x ibg I Export Successfully Completed I Operation Successfully Completed - Duration I Average Write Rate KB s x - Maximum Write Rate KB s x I Cycling Tray before Verify W Waiting for device to become ready I Device Ready I Operation Started I Source Device HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH LP D SCSI I Source Media Type DVD-R Book Type DVD-R Disc ID RITEKF Speeds x x x x I Image File C Documents and Settings User My Documents DVDFab Fan Films RHPISO RHP iso I Image File Sectors MODE I Image File Size bytes I Image File Volume Identifier A Rock And A Hard Place I Image File Volume Set Identifier a A Rock ... Read more

A:DVD Burner and SPTI issues in XP Home Edition SP3

A bad firmware update is the same for a burner or router as it is for a BIOS chip. If it goes wrong, you end up with a paperweight

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/202846/dvd-burner-and-spti-issues-in-xp-home-edition-sp3/
Relevancy 65.79%

When I installed adobe phote deluxe home edition 3.1 on Windows XP it said I needed to download a parser to use all the options of the program. I downloaded the parser and it is on my desk top. However being computer illiterate I have been unable to copy it to the correct folder? so I can use it. Please help.
Jean

A:Installing parser for Adobe Photo Deluxe home edition

I don't have that programme but I would guess that the place to install it would be "C:\Program Files\Adobe\photo deluxe home edition, or something near that. Take a look at this image for adobe acrobat, hopefully you will get the idea.

good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-parser-for-adobe-photo-deluxe-home-edition.259294/
Relevancy 65.36%

Just hopefully a quick question I'm switching windows os' and going from vista to Professional x64 and I have it all installed but for some reason it won't detect my internet settings I don't have any special access just a regular cable modem. Is there anything I should look into? I'm going to check on my parents computer and see if theres anything special in their settings but don't expect to find anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-xp-professional-x64-edition-internet-access-issues.797095/
Relevancy 65.36%

First post have year old Dell machine with VISTA Home Premium Problem is with USB ports drivers It started with one flash drive then all flash drives then external hard drive now webcam None now work on this machine although all was well up intil VISTA Edition Premium machine Home USB on issues about two weeks ago Meanwhile they all work fine on Dell laptop we also have VISTA Home Basic Also I have a software USB key that works in each of the USB ports at least it did a few hours ago so assume they are getting power USB issues on VISTA Home Premium Edition machine If you plug a flash drive in PC will make normal sound but Windows Explorer goes crazy and cannot find the drive Webcam comes back with device not functioning Keyboard and mouse still work fine and use USB ports on back of machine Have tried restoring system to point a few weeks ago but no joy I m sure this has been covered many times just didn t pick it up in search Thanks in advance for any help

A:USB issues on VISTA Home Premium Edition machine

DELL Inspiron 537S

Ran program. generated quite a list. however, as much as it pains to say, do not know how to post it to message box.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427333/usb-issues-on-vista-home-premium-edition-machine/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello.

I have Vista Home edition 32 bit and I am running sql server 2008 so I can study sql server 2008. I'm trying to go through a book and one of the lessons is about clustering. I need Virtual server 2005 for it and I know it's not supported on Vista Home. From googling the web some people have managed it. However from following their instructions I was not successful. Virtual server is not supported on windows 7 either so there's no point in upgrading. Any ideas what I should do next?

Thank you

Steve

http://www.vistax64.com/software/296186-installing-virtual-server-2005-onto-visa-home-premium-edition-32bit.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey Guys,
Have an XPS one that came with Vista Home and wanted to "UPGRADE" to XP MCE 2005. Everything is functionable except the touch panel and some of the functions on the right side of the keyboard (eject, volume, media center functions). Any ideas on what to do? Dell only supplies drivers for Vista.

A:Driver issues with xp media center edition 2005 (downgraded from vista home)

Yeah that's not an upgrade. Your can try googling for drivers and you may find some. But more and more modern computers aren't coming with XP drivers. XP is an old and aged OS and is on the way out.

I am curious of why you felt the need to take that step back though. There is nothing in XP MCE that isn't in Vista Home Premium.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-issues-with-xp-media-center-edition-2005-downgraded-from-vista-home.874657/
Relevancy 63.21%

i recently got windows vista home premium and decided to upgrade my windows xp home edition SP3. It was going great until it needed to complete the upgrade. Up ntil 64% all was well. But once it hit 64% for awhile the computer shut down. After it shut down on its own i rebooted it and it said "upgrade unsuccessful. restoring your previous windows and settings. Do not turn off or restart your computer." I really want to know how to install it without any problems and i need help. Anything will be good and appreciated!
I have a Compaq Presario C301NR whit 2gigs of ram and 320gig HD. I still have the disc and everything and the computer was not harmed. After it shut down on its own

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-in-windows-vista-home-premium-upgrade-from-windows-xp-home-edition-sp3.834046/
Relevancy 62.78%

K, I have an HP Pavilion a 1000y with xp home. Recently had an issue and rebooted. Loads past the logo then to the dreaded black screen with nonmovable cursor. Safemode doesn't work, repairing with disc doesn't work, entering in VGA mode doesn't work, entering safemode with command prompt doesn't work. I am a computer novice, but like to try to fix things myself. Any words of wisdom?

A:Windows XP Home Edition Home black screen of death

What ever happens, you probably will need a Windows cd.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-home-edition-home-black-screen-of-death-439586.html
Relevancy 61.92%

hi im using desktop pc windows xp sp3 home edition on c/drive and i have windows 7 home premium on d/partition dual boot i like windows 7 how do i remove xp from my pc when screen boots up i get choice whether i want to start windows 7 or earlier version

A:windows xp sp3 home edition and windows 7 home premium dual boot

Are you using two HD's or two Partitions

Can you post a screen shot of Disk management from Win XP & Windows 7?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html

Screenshot tools.
A Preferred Method of Uploading/Posting Screen Shots
How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums
Snipping Tool - Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows
Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots
Screenshot with Paint
Screenshot and Upload using MWSnap
fscapture free download

Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/178294-windows-xp-sp3-home-edition-windows-7-home-premium-dual-boot.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm just wondering. Im using Avast! Home Edition for free, but my friend says that a paid antivirus/intenet security is better, he thinks that a paid is "Full" protection, eventhough i told him that avast! was aleady internet security and also an antimalware, and behavior scanner. I disagree with him but he keeps nagging, so im asking you guys what you think.

A:Would you guys go with Avast! Home Edition or Kaspersky Paid Edition

Both suites are okay. Avast! and Kaspersky have both high detection rates but it all comes down to the system resource usage. I have seen many posts that Avast! had a lighter load on a user's system. Kaspersky on the other hand seems to be heavier than Avast! It all comes down to your own decision though...

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/274725-would-you-guys-go-avast-home-edition-kaspersky-paid-edition.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Im sorry if i posted this problem in the wrong section here is my problem I have a Packard Bell laptop and EASYNOTE R can be found here Code http support packardbell com uk item m home amp sn i switch the laptop on windows loads and then gives me a blue screen error that home edition+WIN Help Please XP me-windows XP home stays there until i press the power button this is what the blue screen says Code A problem has beed detected adn windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen follow these steps check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a dirver is identified in the stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try changing video adapters Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If Please Help me-windows XP home edition+WIN XP home you need to use safe mode to remove or disable coponents restart your computer press F to select advaned startup options and then select safe more Tchnical information STOP x Please Help me-windows XP home edition+WIN XP home E xC x a xFAFA E xFAFA E Here is the thing i tried i tried pressing F after pressing a boot device menu comes up to select a boot device i tried to boot up a windows xp home editin and pro sp so i could do a fresh install but they wont boot it would go to straight windows load then i realised that in the bioss it said CD-ROM DVD disabled i coundnt enabble becasue there no option to enable so could anyone please help any help would be very appreciated and im sorryif its wrong section or if there is a posting mistake

A:Please Help me-windows XP home edition+WIN XP home

so no hope then

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/please-help-me-windows-xp-home-edition-win-xp-home-327520.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Alright so I recently bought a brand new computer and now I'm wanting to sell my laptop Before I sell it though I want to do a complete wipe of the hard drive and reinstall a fresh legal copy of Windows XP Home Edition using the disc that originally came with on XP help: needed" "The file Edition Home 'asms' reinstall Windows XP CD is Home my laptop So far I've been able to completely reformat the hard drive and setup loads just fine The problem I run into is when the OS is reinstalling Here's XP Home reinstall help: "The file 'asms' on Windows XP Home Edition CD is needed" what I get The thing is I've got that exact disc in the drive already This is the same disc that was originally bundled with my laptop The OS and SP weren't on two separate discs They were both put together on XP Home reinstall help: "The file 'asms' on Windows XP Home Edition CD is needed" disc so there couldn't possibly be another disc to use I've spent about an hour on Google and finally found what I believe to be the solution to this situation It comes straight from the horses mouth too http support microsoft com kbid The problem though is that pretty much everything on that Microsoft support page is foreign to me Use a Windows Startup disk Where do I get one of those Copy files using the command prompt Yikes Now I have a fairly good understanding of Windows and computers in general but I never had to go through this much of a hassle the last time i reinstalled XP Home on this very same laptop I'm wondering if there might be a kind soul who might be able to give me a step by step of what I need to do to get XP Home reinstalled on my laptop before i sell it Any insight information would be greatly appreciated Thanks Zach

A:XP Home reinstall help: "The file 'asms' on Windows XP Home Edition CD is needed"

the link you have gives you the step by step instructions. Just scroll down to where it says Hard disk formatted with NTFS file system then follow the steps that follows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-home-reinstall-help-the-file-asms-on-windows-xp-home-edition-cd-is-needed-217674.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello guys. My very first thread feels like a very stupid one though. Can I upgrade install Windows 10 Home Version 1511 to a Windows 10 Pro Version 1507? I just don't want to clean install my Windows since I have some programs that I need to re-install again (if you have any idea to backup all applications and install it after a clean install I would be truly grateful).

Reason: I used ShowKeyPlus and it says that my OEM Key is for "Win 8.1 RTM CoreConnectedSingleLanguage OEMM". I just don't want to have any issues in the future. Thanks

A:Installing a Different Edition of Windows

Originally Posted by Krimstix

Reason: I used ShowKeyPlus and it says that my OEM Key is for "Win 8.1 RTM CoreConnectedSingleLanguage OEMM". I just don't want to have any issues in the future. Thanks

Your free upgrade would be to Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/51428-installing-different-edition-windows.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Please help me my windows xp home edition won't log off or restart the windows is shutting down is displayed and it just freezes there..my drive winds out then clicks off but windows will not shutdown unless i turn it off from the modem..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-edition.260065/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am currently running Windows ME on my computer and have problems with it. I just purchased a very expensive software which will not run with ME. I was told by the new software tech support that I should buy XP full edition rather than an XP upgrade so I would not have any remnants of ME, which I have done. Now I need to know what to do before I install the new XP. Do I have to first get rid of the ME on my computer before installing the new XP full version or can I try to install it without doing anything?

A:Windows XP Home Edition

The tech took you for a ride. You can buy the upgrade version and do a clean install as long as you have the original Windows ME disk. If you have the original ME disk and haven't opened the Windows XP full box, return it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-edition.304419/
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm new to this site, so hello to everyone. My problem is this. My computer crashed and windows was affected and won't open up. I borrowed a cd to re-install windows, unable to save my old one. The problem is it keeps asking me for a product key which I don't have anymore. What to do? Without my computer, I am nothing. Please help. Thanks

A:Windows xp home edition

You are pretty much out of luck, it is like no ticky no shirty! Your best option is to buy a new OS, you can find some cheap stuff on Ebay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268321/windows-xp-home-edition/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am a total newby --how does my computer know if these disks i have - have been installed before?

A:Windows 7 home edition

Could you be more specific? "These disks" could be anything. If they are disk that came with the computer, chances are everything on them have already been installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/216508-windows-7-home-edition.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have an opportunity to install Windows XP Professional in the very near future, but have been told it's the Home Edition I should be installing instead. I will not have access to the Home Edition so I'm wondering what the major differences are between the two? I guess what I'm asking is if I'm going to lose out on any features the Home Edition may offer, or will the Pro edition prevent me from doing certain tasks? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Everybody I recently have ran a program and it basically installed trojans or virus I don t know Most which I already got rid of But I guess went delete crazy and well it started acting weirdly When I tried to open System from controlpanel it said Windows Home Xp Help Edition something about rundll exe And also anything that had exe didn t work right Like Mozilla Firefox when I click on it it asks what program to open it with But I could access cmd exe by right-clicking and running as and unchecking protect from virus etc I found two remaining programs installed by them it was csrssc exe and spools exe which aren t the ones that windows uses at least Help Windows Xp Home Edition I don t think so I deleted spools exe it was in the system folder but it wasn t the spoolsv exe that windows uses so I thought I was good But still the darn exe s wouldn t open right And during this time I couldn Help Windows Xp Home Edition t get into the quot Folder Options quot and also edit the registry So trying to think like a smart person I went ahead and searched alternates for Regedit exe but none Help Windows Xp Home Edition showed up when I searched quot regedit alternatives quot on google So I thought maybe it renamed it so I used quot dir reg exe quot on command prompt at the systems directory And I found regedt exe and regwiz exe but no Regedit exe I tried to find one found none Again trying to think smart I thought maybe I deleted a process of some sort so I searched for something to recover files and stumbled upon combofix and afterwards this site and the combofix tutorial I used it even tho on the top I can see I guess I m not qualified to use it anyways I got this log ComboFix - - - Owner - - - NTFSx MINIMALRunning from C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop ComboFix exeCommand switches used C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop winxpsp en hom bf exe Other Deletions C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data DriveCleaner FreeC Documents and Settings Owner Application Data DriveCleaner Free Logs update logC WINDOWS BM ed c xmlC WINDOWS pskt iniC WINDOWS system bmf csC WINDOWS system bzsqlpa sysC WINDOWS system ccs soC WINDOWS system dqsnoonl iniC WINDOWS system drvtot dllC WINDOWS system ho lnC WINDOWS system ko oC WINDOWS system mn nC WINDOWS system MSINET ocaC WINDOWS system ntpl binC WINDOWS system nvrsma dllC WINDOWS system ssqOIBQh dllC WINDOWS system WDgNqBeg iniC WINDOWS system WDgNqBeg ini C WINDOWS system wtgdsusw ini Drivers Services ------- Service bzsqlpa Files Created from - - to - - - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system rundll exe - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system regedit exe - - - - lt DIR gt d--h----- C WINDOWS PIF - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system lnoonsqd dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system mibfjgdn dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system oklgemvk dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system wsusdgtw dll - - - - --a------ C Documents and Settings LocalService cftmon exe - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINDOWS system NtmsData - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system geBqNgDW dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system winkve dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system jfiehayd dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system winver bat - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data QQ Games Plugin - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data acccore - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Tencent - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files AIMTunes - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data AOL Downloads - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS atid ini - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data AOL OCP - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files AIM - - - - --a------ C Change files to text bat - - - - --------- C WINDOWS system spmsg dll - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data Sony Setup - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data IMVU - - - - lt DIR g... Read more

A:Help Windows Xp Home Edition

Did you back up the files you deleted?

If not check the recycle bin if you just deleted them via windows. If you find the files you deleted restore them so you can start over, hopefully problem free.

However, i'm not an expert on this and it could be an effect of the trojan/virus your infected with or a result of your deleted files.

Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151302/help-windows-xp-home-edition/
Relevancy 58.05%

My computer crashed after down loading service pack 3. I reinstalled Windows on my computer and now windows is on both my c and d drives and i keep getting messages that i need to free up space on my d drive so im thinking my system is running off of the windows in my d drive and not my c drive. Can you help ?

many ways to skin this cat ... the easy way out?

re-install windows again. slipstream SP3 and the latest critical bugfixes into the windows xp installation CD (nLite)

backup your data first (if you haven't done this before you re-installed XP the last time), then delete all partitions and setup the drive to your likings (you may leave the D: drive untouched and all files will be safe there, but this could cause confusion yet again when windows setup detects a previous installation there).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-edition.743690/
Relevancy 58.05%

I need to install Net Framework for a job I am working on Windows XP Home Edition I recently upgraded from Windows ME to Windows XP Home Edition Windows XP Home Edition Everything is running great except I cannot install Net Framework I did have it on my computer from a previous install on Windows ME and it ran fine I did get it to download once while in Windows Xp but then it wouldn t install This is all after I upgraded to Windows Windows XP Home Edition XP which I had paid a techie from HP to do for me I have tried installing it from microsoft com and a CD but to no avail I get various error messages From Donetfx Inernal Error B- - C - BB-BOE -F COCEE C A And Erroe An error occured during the installation of assembly Microsoft Just to let you know -I uninstalled the download and rebooted and tried again and again -I wasn t running any anti-virus or spyware software at time of installation -When I tried to dowload my Microsoft Updates everything installed correctly not high priority EXCEPT Net Framework was not installed and it did not give me a reason why I cannot work until this issue is resolved and though I don t expect you to fix it any steering in the right direction would be a GREAT thing Thank you for reading this far Chickey

Maybe these links can steer you in the right direction to find a solution to your specific problem:Problems with installing .net frameork 1.1http://support.microsoft.com/search/defaul...T+Framework+1.1Recieving error 2908http://support.microsoft.com/search/defaul...x?qu=error+2908Recieving error 1935http://support.microsoft.com/search/defaul...r+1935&srch=supError 1935, specific to installing .net framwork 1.1http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;308096

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/32120/windows-xp-home-edition/
Relevancy 58.05%

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut done to prevent damage. Tells me to run an system diagnostic utility supplied by your hardware mfg. Mine was not supplied. It came loaded on my Dell computer, I have no discs. Has a line that says tech info

Stop: 0x000000007F (0x00000008, 0x8000420000,0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Cannot understand anything it says in safe mode.

Can you boot to Safe Mode? Hardware failure is the most common reason for STOP 0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP.

Memory Testing (including bootable CD's and floppies):

Memtest86
MemScope (Floppy and CD images.)
Roadkil's RAM Test
Microsoft Memory Test (floppy or CD ISO image)

If you have enough memory sticks, you can test them by removing one at a time and see if the problem disappears.

If you are running Vista or 7, tap F8 on boot and choose the memory diagnostic, or if you can boot up, go to Start > Search and type:

mdsched.exe

Choose to run a memory diagnostic on next boot. Or, you can boot from the DVD and run it from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-edition.1036142/
Relevancy 58.05%

Is windows XP home edition suitable for a stand-alone development setup at home?What is the difference with the professional edition?

A:Windows XP home edition

XP Pro has more Networking and File Sharing Features than does XP Home.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-edition.530990/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have been using my computer for the past 3 years, password protected. Now for the past 2 days I am unable to use my computer since, all of a sudden, it wont recognize my password. How can I overcome this problem? I dont know what I could have done wrong. Please help if you can. Many Thanks.
norman

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, this is about a laptop computer model Gateway NV53, I was trying to remove an antivirus by the name "AV8". I did that in two steps, first from the task manager by clicking on "AV8.exe" and I click on end process, second from the c:\ drive with the del command "del av8.exe". Now after I am done, I restart the laptop it gives me the option to type my password. From there it gave me a blink screen, and the icons do not display on the screen. I see the light of Hdd like it's loading something, but nothing never display. I can access the Task manager, shut down, restart by using the task manager commnd, but nothing at the screen. So, is there any possibility you can help me have those icons back at the screen. It's blink only the mouse I see. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

A:Windows 7 Home edition

Hi -

Proceed to the Security Center, Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum, to have your system reviewed by a Security Analyst. Be be sure to follow THESE STEPS carefully before posting your logs in the Security Forum.

Please be patient as the Security Analysts are very busy and one will get to you as soon as possible.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-home-edition-517763.html
Relevancy 58.05%

what is the cause of 0X00000050(0XE00E245C,0X0000000,0X807C660D,0X00000000)?
after windows xp logo appears, during formating time

Thank you

A:windows xp home edition

Many causes, the most likely would be faulty RAM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-edition.265283/
Relevancy 58.05%

I really messed up. Downloaded Ad-Aware. Did scan. Put files in quaratine. I decided to delete the files. Now needless to say my pc is running so slow. I have 3 users on my PC. When one user is logged on another user can not log on. Wondering did I delete registery files that I needed. If I am logged on and I select switch user and try to log on to another user and the screen freezes. I know I messed up. Is there any way to get my files back. I tried to do System file checker (/SCANNOW) but when I type in the commnad prompt the screens tells me /SCANNOW is not recognized as an internal or
external command. If just one user is logged on the PC works fine. If more than one user is logged on the computer freezes. Message not responding end now. Is there a solution?

Thanks

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello
I need some help
When I boot My Dell inspiron 7500 Laptop
It say's " The amount of space on disk has been changed or is absent , then it say's "refer to Suspend to file disk in the Online Users Guide. I don' understand. This laptop only has 2 things on it Windows Xp Home Edition (which is not in the add and remove programs) & Power DVD software. ( which is the only program in my Add Remove Programs list.) with only these two items installed it's taking up almost 4 gigs . I want to know if that is normal? I only have 7.32 gigs or something like that left.
This is what my computer had
650mhz, 256mb, 11gigs.
Ever since I noticed the boot warning I became aware that the MHZ on the computer have changed from 650Mhz to 501Mhz. How is that possible and it is fixable .?

Some laptops have a special partition to dump what's in RAM when the battery drops out, it is called S2D (suspend to disk).

In most laptops, PC Doctor is shipped in order to create the partition.

To temporarily get rid of the error, go into control panel and disable the S2D feature in Power Management.
As far as the CPU Speed dropping, that is part of the newer CPU's. Called "Speed Step" technology!

When running on Battery, the CPU will slow down to save battery power.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-edition.85627/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, my daughter recently inherited a desktop that works perfectly fine. The only issue is that the administrator account is password protected. I have tried every answer I can think of but nothing is working. Is there a way around this? I am willing to reformat the comp but I can't gain access to do that either. Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated. Thak you.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=lost+admin+password+xp&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3MOZA_en-GBUS386US388&ie=UTF-8

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426443/windows-xp-home-edition/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Edition Home Windows XP everyone Windows XP Home Edition I am at my wits end with my issue I originially bought my HP Pavilion dv Notebook back in with Windows XP Home Edition preinstalled on the laptop About two months ago I tried to upgrade to Vista which sorta worked but I hate everything about Vista so then I tried to downgrade back to Windows XP Home Edition using the operating system cd I got with the manufacturer I installed a clean versioin but now I have loads of issues trying to install ActiveX Control Microsoft Updates Norton Anti-Virus Software and I keep failing the Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool Each time the same error comes up saying quot The publisher can t be verified quot and quot the digital signature can t be verified from the publisher quot I don t know what else to do I have contacted hp support but they are useless I figured my lsat resort is finding a way to go back to the Default Factory Settings but I have no clue how to Can anyone Help Me Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I understand that my Windows XP is the 32 bit version. What are the advantages of having a 64 bit version? Can I convert to a 64 bit? How do I do this?

http://www.ehow.com/list_6185356_advantages-disadvantages-64-bit-processing.html
http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service...447627+1280678926030+28353475&threadId=980424

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/230928-45-windows-windows-advantages-disadvantages

You'd be wise to consider dual booting as some of the above articles will show you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-edition.939929/
Relevancy 58.05%

My computer has a built in recovery system. Now, when I try to format my computer with the recovery system, it says "Partition cannot be created. System Recovery cannot continue."

If anyone could help me with this it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Hp Windows Xp Home Edition

If you do not have the System Recovery CDs the first thing I would do it order a set from HP before the stop offering them.
What is the model of you computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85291/hp-windows-xp-home-edition/
Relevancy 58.05%

hello, i recently had my computer wiped out to get more ram etc. i have purchased the windows xp home edition and am finding it hard to install it. it comes up with some errors and i dont know what to do with it.

can you provide information on
make and model of the PC
did you receive a recovery CD with the machine ?

what are the errors you are getting during install
as its a new install are you removing the partitions and reformating the harddrive ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-edition.868167/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, this is about a laptop computer model Gateway NV53, I was trying to remove an antivirus by the name "AV8". I did that in two steps, first from the task manager by clicking on "AV8.exe" and I click on end process, second from the c:\ drive with the del command "del av8.exe". Now after I am done, I restart the laptop it gives me the option to type my password. From there it gave me a blink screen, and the icons do not display on the screen. I see the light of Hdd like it's loading something, but nothing never display. I can access the Task manager, shut down, restart by using the task manager commnd, but nothing at the screen. So, is there any possibility you can help me have those icons back at the screen. It's blink only the mouse I see. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-7-home-edition-av8-517769.html
Relevancy 58.05%

i have an hp 532w, It came with windows xp home edition on it. recently I used a Dell version of Windows XP Pro and installed it over my hp home edition. I lost my sound and when I look at my device manager i see a little yellow flag by my multi media controller. If I try to Upgrade the driver I get the blue screen of death. I tried to reistall my origanial operating system, from my 8 recovery disks it won't let me. I trie booting from it and it won't let me. It sez I'm missing (windowsroot) \system32\hal.dll. any help will be apreciated.

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello All

I am having trouble with Windows Installer. I have downloaded the lastest version and all went well with the download, but when I tried to get a log report I get a Windows Installer error message, something to do with a windows installer patch not verifying.

Is there anyway I can post the error messages for anyone to have a look at to see if they can help me. I have the screenshots on my computer as a JPEG file.

Muchly appreciate anyone who can help me with the problem

Cheers

Nonna

A:WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION

Hi again Nonna,

Have you tried Googling the exact wording of the message you get?

What is it exactly that makes you think you do not have the Windows Installer already installed and working?

Was it just that one message you got when you ran Malwarebytes?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228461/windows-xp-home-edition/
Relevancy 58.05%

Ok, I installed Windows Home Edition on my second drive and when I did that, I had to format the next day because a file was missing. So I formated and then went to install it again. Also when Windows was choosing what drive to install it on, I also NTFS formated it (so i formatted it 2 times) and when I installed it, I restarted and it shows 2 Home Edition's when you select what OS you want to goto. Howcome theres 2? I formatted the other one.

How can I get that other one off?

A:2 Windows Home Edition's.

Bump. ASAP Help is needed!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/97550/2-windows-home-editions/
Relevancy 58.05%

flrman1
could you look at this log for me, my upstairs computer won;t let me on the internet I know its set up right have used it many times, now it takes me to can't display page and the url at the bottom changes fast can't catch it all but toward the in there is a redir like a redirector, some help would really be appreciated, Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjt-log-for-windows-xp-home-edition-help.257713/
Relevancy 58.05%

when i start up my computer a message appears on screen says checking file system on c the type of file system is fat 32 one of your disks needs to be checked for consistency you may cancel the disk check but it is strongly recommended that you continue windows will now check the disk when windows completes the check the computer gets hung up and i have shut down and restart can you explain please thanks adrian jones

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-edition.266623/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

This is another computer and I noticed that it has it set as a cd-rom/burner but its not a burner #1 and 2 it looks like it has been disabled and 3 i try to go trouble shoot it and it says that their isn't any problems with the cd-romdrive. How do I enable it and then also add some free space to it...I forget how to add more free space and I need it because it currently has none leftover.. PLus whats FUJITSU MP3136AH B4 ? It says that it has something to do with disk drives..Any 1 know? What it does is put the cd icon to the mouse and keep tring to run the disk but wont bring up the windows displaying whats on the disk. It just keeps turning itself back on and then off again.

whats FUJITSU MP3136AH B4 ?I can't find that specific number but MPF3xxxAH is a model class of Fujitsu desktop hard drive. The capacity in GB is given by the first two numbers in xxx.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18142/windows-xp-home-edition/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Team,

I have a computer that starts, but keeps restarting and stopping. If possible can some one advise me how can I find the problem.

Thanks

Yididi

A:Windows XP home Edition

System manufacturer and model?

Exact wording of onscreen error messages?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/363816/windows-xp-home-edition/
Relevancy 58.05%

hi all i have windows xp home edition on my dell problem is I THINK Microsoft CAPICOM after i got the update from microsoft my CheckIt Diagnostics that came with my norton system Edition Xp Home Windows works says my memory has an error note my memory gig total is less than a year old At first my pc would not let me upload pictures from my digital camera so i did a compleate reinstall of my windows xp and before Windows Xp Home Edition i downloaded all the high pritory up dates my CheckIt Diagnostics memory test said no errors after i got the updates which include Microsoft CAPICOM that is one of the newer updates ran into the same error again i am now able to upload pictures from my digital camera but the CheckIt Diagnostics memory test says error i have read some articles on the program Microsoft CAPICOM and it says something about a memory leak Please note i am not a tech but i do know my computer and there is no spyware or viruses on it at all and this is the only problem i have with it CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A SIMPLE ANSWER THANKS

A:Windows Xp Home Edition

http://highonlifeclub.proboards81.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/92345/windows-xp-home-edition/
Relevancy 58.05%

How Do I Lock My Windows Xp Home Editon So That No One Else Can Access My Computer , Please?

Go to control panel, user account, and change the way users log on and off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-edition.647416/
Relevancy 58.05%

Can anyone help me with this log--Please could you look at this log for me my upstairs computer won t let me on the internet I know its set up right have used it many times now it for XP HJT Home edition windows HELP Log takes me to can t display page and the url at the bottom changes fast can t catch it all but toward the in there is HJT Log for windows XP Home edition HELP a redir like a redirector some help would really be appreciated Thanks heres s my HJT Log Also in Interner options I usually have the home page set to www nfl com but it keeps switching to someting like isapilredir dll prd ie amp pver amp ar msnhome I tried to reset the home page to www msn com clicked the web reset it just HJT Log for windows XP Home edition HELP keeps going back to the redir thing it also had www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar runonce amp pver plcid x and also in the bottom bar where it shows the url you are going to has showed windows system shdoclc dll dnserror htm always keeps going to cannot display this page cause its always getting redirected or something PLEASE HELP Logfile of HijackThis HJT Log for windows XP Home edition HELP v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http srch-us hpwis com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run DDCM quot C Program Files WildTangent DDC DDCManager DDCMan exe quot -Background O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run McAfee Guardian quot C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Guardian CMGrdian exe quot SU O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S IC EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX quot O quot LPT quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Startup AutoPlay exe O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF ED DDF - - BBE- - A EDB D A McAfee com Operating System Class - http bin mcafee com molbin shared mcinsctl en-us mcinsctl cab O - DPF BCC FF - D - -A E-C E ADA DwnldGroupMgr Class - http bin mcafee com molbin shared mcgdmgr ... Read more

A:HJT Log for windows XP Home edition HELP

That's a clean one too.

No Security issues here either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjt-log-for-windows-xp-home-edition-help.257714/
Relevancy 58.05%

when i start up my computer a message appears on screen says checking file system on c the type of file system is fat 32 one of your disks needs to be checked for consistency you may cancel the disk check but it is strongly recommended that you continue windows will now check the disk when windows completes the check the computer gets hung up and i have shut down and restart can you explain please thanks adrian jones

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-edition.266623/
Relevancy 58.05%

Is there anywhere I can get a Windows XP Home Edition disc so that I can reformat a desktop for my dad and reinstall it. I'm not asking for cracked software I know where to get plenty of that. I have the Key on the sticker thats on the side of the desktop to get it activated I just need the disc as he cant find the xp home disc that came with his emachine desktop. Thanks!!

Unfortunately not. You can buy it but be careful. Buyer beware.

Windows Xp Software - Compare Prices on Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with & Other Windows (Family) - PriceGrabber

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502467/windows-xp-home-edition/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I am a QCC student and working on a class project and need a Windows To Go 10 Edition Home windows USB option but it looks like on my windows 10 Home Edition home desktop running windows Home Edition it may not have this option Any information on this task nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp windows 10 Home Edition nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp windows 10 Home Edition nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Thank You nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Gil Matos nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/884252fa-ee41-4b4e-b107-7a847241782f/windows-10-home-edition?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 58.05%

After taking pc to a shop to get cleaned out with more memory i had windows me on pc at the time now i have windows xp hom edition after a few weeks being on computer i see this star looking icon on task bar sayn "you may be a victim of software counterfeiting" Something about geniune windows license is there a way i can get rid of this without buyn the product.

Not to sound rude but I would be on the horn asking that PC Shop the same question you asked here if they installed the new OS and let us know there response.
Thanks Bill

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-edition.465960/
Relevancy 58.05%

hi there forum,, i loaded xp several times,, every time it boots up the data is on disc h,, is there any way that i can transfer this data from h to c,,,,,it is loading as disc h to be the main driver,can i change this to cdrive

Yes, you can .

First...system manufacturer and model?

What means did you use to install XP (MS Genuine XP CD, recovery/srestore CDs, etc.)?

When XP installs, it does a count of partitions already created. If there are any other partitions or supplementary drives (USB, flash, external, internal hard drives) attached...XP counts them. It then installs XP with the next drive letter available.

The typical way around this is (for me) to do a repair install with all miscellaneous drives temporarily disconnected...or remove the other drives, go into the XP Recovery Console and try the fixmbr command.

The letters cannot simply be changed, using Disk Management, because the C: letter cannot be reassigned this way. But removing/disconnecting the drive which currently sports C:...may result in C: being assigned to the proper drive simply by rebooting after removal of the partition/drive currently possessing C:.

What partition drive currently reflects the letter C:?

A graphic of your Disk Management would be useful, but not necessary. Start...type diskmgmt.msc and hit Enter, ti will show all drives/partitions as they are now.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283604/windows-xp-home-edition/
Relevancy 58.05%

First off I appreciate any help I can get XP Edition Windows Home Thank you My computer would not even boot up So I installed Windows XP Home Edition operating system when originally I had Windows XP Media Center Edition on Windows XP Home Edition my computer I went on the HP Pavilion support site and they sent me new recovery disks because with the newer systems you do not get CD s for XP it s on the partition drive When I tried to boot up with the recovery disks it just sat there running The green light on the CD ROM drive was running and the monitor went black with a little cursor underscore blinking Nothing I went back on the HP Support website and they said I had two things causing it Either the CD rom was broken or the new disks were defective Fine So I tried the CD with music and with data disks the drive was fine The technician sends me another set of recovery disks The same thing happened After removing the recovery disks the CD immediately goes into Windows XP Home Edition Using the recovery disks - I used the ESC key on the first logo screen and it goes to the black screen with the blinking cursor - I used the SETUP and I go into Bios - I use F- for system restore and I get the blinking underscore So in Bios the CD group is first for boot up I have used other CD s in my drive and they work fine I do not want my old HP Windows XP Home Edition I would like my Media Center Edition I hope someone can help me nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I've installed Windows 7 Home Premium and I cant install updates.
Accidentally I gained via system fingerprints of one of your workers... so you messed up with windows update OR you just want to force user to go to very bugland Win 10? You say ,,security" ok fine but why then system allowed me to gain fingerprints
of your worker?

Shall I get a reward or smth?
Bad I cant attrach screen with proof...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e6447f35-5451-49a4-8d53-4ab089b3c61c/windows-7-home-edition?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 58.05%

to configure the Start Up function and going to msconfig and the panel of all the subjects that they show that a computer is using to start up, what are the most neded to keep on that list, any article I read on PC magazines they give you all the ideas but not one tells what is necessary to kieep, my computer is gdeting very slow and I do believed is because I have to many thinsg going at the start up. Help

A:On Windows XP Home Edition

go to this site http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php?type=&filter=&count=100&offset=0 and check out what is need ed and what is not. Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-windows-xp-home-edition.467632/
Relevancy 58.05%

I keep getting a messenger service error, keeps saying that i have a virus detection and that its a critical system error. They keep popping up like every 2 minutes.... HELP

A:Windows Xp Home Edition

HeHateMe41 said:

I keep getting a messenger service error, keeps saying that i have a virus detection and that its a critical system error. They keep popping up like every 2 minutes.... HELPClick to expand...

ahhh....i know this
heres what u do, go to "Control Panel" then "Admistrative Tools" then "Services" and look for and double click "Messenger"

once you double click the option you will see a window, on the "General" tab look for a option called "Startup Type" there u select "Disabled" then at the option below that called "Service Status" click "Stop" then click "OK"

follow this and the messenger windows will go away...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-edition.424677/
Relevancy 58.05%

OK here I go with the problem- to start, there are no admin privilages on any account even the admin account. The guest account has been blocked and when you get to the welcome page bit there are no user names, so currently we are having to press alt, ctrl, del twice to get a weird boxy thing up to sign in. Now I have a problem because I have been given a new version of XP to install on my PC but I can't do it.
I have no idea if that makes any sense to any one out there, but I would really apreciate any help or even suggestions, I am a desperate woman lol.

To top things off I think I may have just downloaded a virus that isn't being picked up by my virus scanner

Hope to hear from someone soon

Notechnobabe

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello to All I have an error message that pops up after logon one of those messages that says HOME WINDOWS EDITION XP that quot Generic Host Process Services quot is not responding and must shut down and then asks if you want microsoft to send or don t send the report I viewed the report and got the following information Error Signature szAppName svchost exe szAppVer szModName ntdll dll szModVer offset b a Technical WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION Information C DOCUME THEFAM LOCALS Temp WER d dir svchost exe mdmp C DOCUME THEFAM LOCALS Temp WER d dir appcompat txt I don t know what information I need to give you but some of this might help Before I started posting at bleeping computer I was trying to install a HP Printer but it was not working the computer could not establish communication with the printer The consultant from HP wanted WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION me to uninstall via a manual process because he thought that the installation CD might be corrupt I deleted a lot of HP files as per his request and then I started to get a Windows Installer error message I posted here and I was advised to install SP which I did WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION and which corrected the Windows Installer message I was then left with this Generic Host Process message I was beginning to wonder whether I deleted something that was needed or was it coincidence that generic Host Process had quot HP quot in the title I then posted again and was advised to post in the HJT Forum apparently this message can occur for a lot of different reasons malware being one of them My infected computer has since been resolved but still this error message occurs so it is their advice HJT Forum that I now post here to try to resolve this issue and hopefully get my printer up and running Many thanks Nonna

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230810/windows-xp-home-edition/
Relevancy 58.05%

Is AVG free edition anti virus compatible enough to be installed on Windows XP Home edition with SP1 and if is not possible than which anti virus software should be installed on this O/S?

Compaq Notebook laptop with 2.4GHz processor, 512 RAM, and 30Gb

A:Windows Home Edition with SP1

Why do you not want to upgrade to SP2?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-home-edition-with-sp1.638726/
Relevancy 58.05%

Firstly thanks XP In won't Edition Windows Home Log for reading my plea for help I have a custom built computer given to me from a friend I added my C drive into it and began dual booting between the two drives The drive I added operates on Windows Vista the original drive operates on Windows XP Everything was fine for the first few months until the Windows XP wouldn t allow me to log in anymore Whenever I attempt to log in the system immediately logs me out and takes me back to the log in screen This applies to Safe Mode as well even when logging in as Administrator I am the only Windows XP Home Edition won't Log In user I performed a Disk Cleanup from the Vista drive a check disk in Command Prompt and scanned the drive with the following Anti-Virus software - avast Free Antivirus - SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Windows Defender I ve run out of ideas and would like to know if anyone has a solution to this problem Thank you

A:Windows XP Home Edition won't Log In

LogOn/LogOff Loop ... Windows XP ... used to be a very common problem, but is not so common to come across one these days.Please sit tight and be patient.I have requested that an experienced helper who specialises in malware-related un-bootable computers respond to your topic.Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423506/windows-xp-home-edition-wont-log-in/