Windows Support Forum

HP Backup and Recovery Manager

Q: HP Backup and Recovery Manager

Where can I download HP's Backup and recovery Manager for HP Pavillion a6200n.
Somehow messed mine up

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Backup and Recovery Manager

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP Backup and Recovery Manager

You didn't say what OS, but here is Vista link for drivers:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3548643#N2321
No Backup & Recovery there though.
apparently they don't bundle it anymore, however it is still available here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...cc=us&swItem=ob-51976-1&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

and directions if you need:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c00809678&product=18703

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-backup-and-recovery-manager.151051/
Relevancy 67.94%

Due to my hard drive failing, I can only use the recovery program by pressing f11 on boot up. In the backup section, I have a 1TB external hard drive attached, with ~500 gigs of free space, and my internal harddrive had around 750 GBs used.So my question is, if I select all the backup options on the recovery manager, will the program wipe my external hard drive or will it compress the backup and make it fit in 500 GBs? I don't want my External HD to get wiped as it has a lot of family photos.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Backup-using-HP-recovery-manager/td-p/5807549
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello wizards,

I hope one of you can help with me with my problem.

My previous laptop was an HP running on XP. That got stolen. Luckily, I made back-ups with the HP Backup and recovery manager (/facepalm.jpg).

I now bought an Acer with Vista and of course none of my attempt to install the HP backup and recovery manager on my new laptop succeeds. I've tried to install both the XP version with a Vista plugin and the Vista version.

Currently, it cannot find STFiles.dll.

Does anyone know whether this is a lost battle or should it be possible to pull this off?

Perhaps there is a way to extract files from the back-up CD's so that they become readable again?

Many thanks for your wisdom,
Regrads,
A foolish id10t

http://www.vistax64.com/software/228205-hp-backup-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello, I made a data backup using your program HP Backup and Recovery Manager, but when I tried the data restores gave me the error of which I am attaching the photo.How can I do x recover or repair the damaged backup ????Thank you in advance x the answer!FRANK 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-Backup-and-Recovery-Manager/td-p/5774971
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, I am having a critical error on my HP Pavillion Laptop, and I can only access the HP Recovery Manager properly from my flash drive. I have backed up 2 folders of files, but I need to backup my Quickbooks company files, and for some reason the backup utility won't let me do it.  Is there a way to get it to backup these files for me?  If not, what is my best option to try and fix this issue without a full wipe and lose that data? Thanks. Jeremy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager-won-t-backup-some-files/td-p/5793195
Relevancy 67.51%

I installed all the softwares and drivers that came along with the HP upgrade DVD. But, I find that the Backup and Recovery Manager missing on the DVD. Is there a Backup and Recovery Manager for Win 7? I liked the backup and recovery manager that was available on my Vista when I bought this laptop but is now unavailable because of the upgrade!! Any solutions for this? I do not want to use the default Windows Backup as I do not have a separate HDD at the moment to store the backup there and do not wish to populate my local hard disk with backup data!! Thanks.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Backup and Recovery Manager for Windows 7

Ok thanks. I have my Vista recovery partition intact. So, I believe, I should be able to recover if I have some sort of problem! I was able to find a backup and recover in Win 7 itself. Perhaps, I should wait for the software to be released by HP. Thanks again!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Backup-and-Recovery-Manager-for-Windows-7/td-p/174245
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,
I'm using a Dell Inspiron 15 - 5000 series which contains Windows 8.1 OS. This laptop has "Dell Backup and Recovery Manager" of version 1.6.2.0. I tried to backup the OS and Dell drivers using Dell Backup and Recovery Manager by connecting a Hard Drive of 1TB. But the back-up process is not completing, once it reaches the finishing stage it throws an error saying "Dell Backup and Recovery Manager has stopped working. Please close the program".
Could you please advise on how to proceed further in order to backup my OS and Drivers successfully.
Awaiting replies.
Thanks in Advance. 

A:Dell Backup and Recovery manager

ananthc6,
Download the latest version of DBAR 1.9 at the link below. The newest version contains the bug fixes that users were complaining about. Version 1.9 is compatible with Windows 10. 7, 8, and 8.1.
DBAR 1.9 Download and KB Info
For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19678244
Relevancy 66.65%

I am trying to use recovery manager to backup computer but keep getting error xe ef e nbsp I have tried to backup several times with different file type selections nbsp I tried backing up nbsp as follows nbsp All Files All Files except for Pictures and just Pictures see the following Recover report nbsp The nd choice was successful so do Recovery error Backup Manager HP 0xe0ef000e not understand how the destination drive can be the problem nbsp I also ran chkdisk on the C drive but get no errors nbsp There is GB free on the external USB drive nbsp Do not understand why I keep getting this error nbsp nbsp Date nbsp Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Execute Recovery Manager Operation File Backup starts Result nbsp nbsp nbsp Recovery Manager could not back up your files Possible causes The removable disk drive HP Recovery Manager Backup error 0xe0ef000e doesn't have enough free space available The system partition doesn't have enough free space HP Recovery Manager Backup error 0xe0ef000e available A drive disc compatibility issue Destination device is not connected To fix this issue free up some space on the removable disk drive and system partition select another disk to back up your files to or ensure destination device is connected If the problem persists please contact HP support Error code xe ef e Result nbsp nbsp nbsp File Backup is cancalled Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Leave Recovery Manager nbsp Date nbsp Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Execute Recovery Manager Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Leave Recovery Manager nbsp Date nbsp Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Execute Recovery Manager Operation File Backup starts Result nbsp nbsp nbsp File Backup is completed Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Leave Recovery Manager nbsp Date nbsp Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Execute Recovery Manager Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Leave Recovery Manager Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Leave Recovery Manager nbsp Date nbsp Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Execute Recovery Manager Operation File Backup starts Result nbsp nbsp nbsp Recovery Manager could not back up your files Possible causes The removable disk drive doesn't have enough free space available The system partition doesn't have enough free space available A drive disc compatibility issue Destination device is not connected To fix this issue free up some space on the removable disk drive and system partition select another disk to back up your files to or ensure destination device is connected If the problem persists please contact HP support Error code xe ef e

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager-Backup-error-0xe0ef000e/td-p/5734725
Relevancy 65.79%

My Envy Desktop computer was hacked and I was left with a required PIN to open the HardDrive I've already licked my wounds and nbsp moved on with a rebuilt HD using DVDs from original configuration nbsp nbsp BUT I saved the original Envy's lock HD in hopes that I could somehow nbsp retrieve the personal data With a number of chat sessions over the Manager on Backup Hacked Recovery Error 0xe0e0fooe Dri... Using last days nbsp 0xe0e0fooe Error Using Recovery Manager Backup on Hacked Dri... this is where I am at Short version nbsp This locked Envy hard drive was purchased with Windows HP sent me Windows when 0xe0e0fooe Error Using Recovery Manager Backup on Hacked Dri... it became available and I upgraded using the MS Windows Upgrade disc from HP I upgraded to Windows at the end of last year I allowed my computer to be hacked by a FAKE Norton agent to remove a bogus worm nbsp I interrupted the session Attempt to reboot computer I was left with a required PIN to open HD before getting to Windows Login With HP help nbsp it was nbsp discovered that nbsp we can get into the Windows Recovery Manager Personal File Recovery routine using nbsp recovery particition of HD when reinstalled in the Envy computer It can not be accessed using nbsp with a HD to USB connection HP recommended NOT connecting it as Drive in computer for fear of 0xe0e0fooe Error Using Recovery Manager Backup on Hacked Dri... residual virus attach on good HD nbsp The Recovery Manager Collects a Gb backup file and Asks for Media Device I first chose the DVD ROM Prepared for numberous discs for the backup nbsp Got the xe e fooe error Chat with HP support Use a properly sized USB stick Purchased Gb USB stick and reattempt back up Same xe e fooe error Another Chat with HP and was told the USB Stick had to be formated NTFS I did so and took an hour plus Re-attempted Recovery Manager Back Up same error xe e fooe For practice and confirmation I attempted the same recovery on wife's Pavallion All-In-One Upgraded in the same manner Same issues as discribed above with the locked drive of my Envy nbsp Desktop nbsp I have been most happy with my numerous chat sessions but I think I'm getting mixed information for successfully completing a Recovery Manager Back Up routine on an OS upgraded HP 'box' nbsp nbsp I read this form this morning and there appeared to be information that this Recovery Manager Personal File Backup routine will NOT work on a computer that has been upgraded to Windows nbsp nbsp Is there concise information available for nbsp using the Recovery Manager Personal File Backup routine nbsp My short search for answers have not revealed a need for a NTFS formated device nbsp Exactly what do we nbsp do when using this Recovery Manager on a Windows upgraded computer nbsp Thank You in advance for sharing you expertise

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/0xe0e0fooe-Error-Using-Recovery-Manager-Backup-on-Hacked/td-p/5616204
Relevancy 65.79%

My Envy Desktop computer was hacked and I was left with a required PIN to open the HardDrive I've already licked my wounds and nbsp moved on with on Manager Error Backup Dri... 0xe0e0fooe Using Hacked Recovery a rebuilt HD using DVDs from original configuration nbsp nbsp BUT I saved 0xe0e0fooe Error Using Recovery Manager Backup on Hacked Dri... the original Envy's lock HD in hopes that I could somehow nbsp retrieve the personal data With a number of chat sessions over the last days nbsp this is where I am at Short version nbsp This locked Envy hard drive was purchased with Windows HP sent me Windows when it became available and I upgraded using the MS Windows Upgrade disc from HP I upgraded to Windows at the end of last year I allowed my computer to be hacked by a FAKE Norton agent to remove a bogus worm nbsp I interrupted the session Attempt to reboot computer I was left with a required PIN to open HD before getting to Windows Login With HP help nbsp it was nbsp discovered that nbsp we can get into the Windows Recovery Manager Personal File Recovery routine using nbsp recovery particition of HD when reinstalled in the Envy computer It can not be accessed using nbsp with a HD to USB connection HP recommended NOT connecting it as Drive in computer for fear of residual virus attach on good HD nbsp The Recovery Manager Collects a Gb backup file and Asks for Media Device I first chose the DVD ROM Prepared for numberous discs for the backup nbsp Got the xe e fooe error Chat with HP support Use a properly sized USB stick Purchased Gb USB stick and reattempt back up Same xe e fooe error Another Chat with HP and was told the USB Stick had to be formated NTFS I did so and took an hour plus Re-attempted Recovery Manager Back Up same error xe e fooe For practice and confirmation I attempted the same recovery on wife's Pavallion All-In-One Upgraded in the same manner Same issues as discribed above with the locked drive of my Envy nbsp Desktop nbsp I have been most happy with my numerous chat sessions but I think I'm getting mixed information for successfully completing a Recovery Manager Back Up routine on an OS upgraded HP 'box' nbsp nbsp I read this form this morning and there appeared to be information that this Recovery Manager Personal File Backup routine will NOT work on a computer that has been upgraded to Windows nbsp nbsp Is there concise information available for nbsp using the Recovery Manager Personal File Backup routine nbsp My short search for answers have not revealed a need for a NTFS formated device nbsp Exactly what do we nbsp do when using this Recovery Manager on a Windows upgraded computer nbsp Thank You in advance for sharing you expertise

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/0xe0e0fooe-Error-Using-Recovery-Manager-Backup-on-Hacked/td-p/5616204
Relevancy 65.79%

I needed to do a system recovery, I performed a backup onto dvds, when I tried to do a recovery of the backup the program stopped working. Any help in what I should do to restore my backup?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-manager-of-backup-dvds-stops-working/td-p/5840936
Relevancy 65.36%

I have an Inspiron 7520 and uninstalled and reinstalled the new version of Dell Backup and Recovery Manager -- upgraded to premium to make sure that I would have full ability to use the program. Note: the old version didn't work at all -- hung up on backup, etc.
I have rebooted.
When I try and open the Manager interface, I can't. All I get is the clock logo with the hand spinning. I cannot set the destination. I cannot select what I want to back up. I've tried this several times and just get the spinning clock which I end up ending through Task Manager. 
I have tried opening the Manager from the installed link on desktop, from my list of programs, from the Start menu, and from the tray icon. Nothing works.
Any suggestions?
Nan

A:Windows 8 Dell Backup and Recovery Manager doesn't work

I have the same issue with the non premium version, I made the mistake of upgrading to v1.0.0.4 that is available for download and now have the same spinning clock, the program never loads so can't do anything with it. I have tried twice now to uninstall and then reinstall but still the same issue with spinning clock.
This is on a brand new XPS 8500 running windows 8. The reason I tried upgrading is that the version I had would not create recovery disk on usb key (would take forever to see the usb key and then would fail with pretty much useless error message before writing anything to the usb key, all it would do is format it to something that could no longer be read by windows.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19500473
Relevancy 65.36%

I was attempting to create the recovery disks for the HP Window 8.0 laptop. HP Recovery Manager needed 5 disks. After 2 disks made done, I returned to my laptop and saw Window ask me to update Window 8.1. I updated it to Window 8.1.After Window 8.1 update done, when returning HP Recovery manager, it asked me to continue the third recovery disks. I selected "Continue". However, Disk 3 verified failed at 2%, the pop up window asked me to use another disk and try again. I attempted twice but both are failed.How do I fix this to create the entire recovery disks? Thank you for your suggestions.Best Regards,Truc C. Nguyen

A:Error Verify when Create backup Disks in HP Recovery Manager

Below are the answer from HP forum:12-09-2014 09:22 PMYou can order Recovery Media from your support page. Scroll down the list of drivers/software to see the option to order. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/... There is a slight chance you may get a free set if you call HP Support & tell them your laptop fails in the creation process. 800-474-6836======================I called HP Tech Support at 800-474-6836And they asked me S/N number and Product number. I did not have them on hand while travellingI will post following up after I return and call HP in the week of Christmas.Truc C. Nguyen

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/error-verify-when-create-backup-disks-in-hp-recovery-manager/1563.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

I did a complete backup & successful (email, files etc.) from the F11 boot on a external disk drive.

Then my HP Pavillon went to maintenance.

Now I have a great new fresh VISTA and have sccessfully restored all my files from VISTA and they are all in "C:\System Recovery Files" with a Restorewiz.log file.

My question is: what is the next step to get all my files, emails etc. bacK; this is not clear on all vista forums?

Thank you very much indeed!
Regards
Patrick

A:F11 backup Reco Manager OK but files on C:\System Recovery Files

Hi lolita,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

I think the following article from the HP web site will answer your question - I read it and it provides the additional steps required to get everything back where it belongs: How to Restore Backup Files Created During the F11 Backup Procedure - HP Customer Care (United States - English).

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284346-f11-backup-reco-manager-ok-but-files-c-system-recovery-files.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I bought a 128GB "PNY Attache 2 USB 2.0 Flash Drive" so that I could preform a "Bootable Backup" using "Dell Backup and Recovery" yet when I inserted the flash drive and selected Bootable Backup from the list it fails to detect the drive.  Bootable Backup says it requires "a storage USB storage device with more than 100GB of capacity so why doesn't "Bootable Backup" sense my USB flash drive since it has more than 100GB of space on it?

A:Dell Backup and Recovery's Bootable Backup Won't detect USB Flash Drive

Try updating your Dell Backup and Recovery software.  With the update it now seems to work with all USB flash drives I throw at it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19541772
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everybody (full Dell Backup Backup (at stops System & version) 12%) Recovery I have an Inspiron K with W upgraded from and since a few days I ve been having the following problem with DBAR X X When I try to take a SYSTEM back up it ALWAYS stops fails to complete at during the Backing Up module checking system and building list complete OK The message is quot Operation Cancelled Destination location unavailable or not enough space on the disk quot It always happens at of the process I have tried it more than times with no avail Further Dell Backup & Recovery System Backup (full version) stops (at 12%) info The only change in my system was a W update of March NOTHING else Up until then everything worked fine Tried with both the external HDD with previous existing backups AND a new clean one Both are GB for backing up the internal GB so there is more than enough drive space Also tried different usb ports in case one was malfunctioning nbsp Recovery media backup works fine The problem is when it tries to proceed with system backup I don t take data backups since I use cloud Tried uninstalling and reinstalling DBAR keeping it below latest version Same result Anybody Thanks Michael

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19681392
Relevancy 53.32%

Where can I find the descriptive definitions of the ldquo reason codes rdquo reported in the Activity Logs when a Backup fails I have Backup Error - Version DELL Backup Recovery and ? codes reason 2.8.0.62 defined not Data searched all of the DELL site and non-DELL URLS Errors with undefined ldquo reason codes and rdquo are reported under the Activity Logs when using the DELL Backup and Recovery Version 2.8.0.62 - Data Backup Error ? reason codes not defined current DELL Backup and Recovery software Version ran as Administrator in Windows Version Build nbsp EXAMPLES Data Backu- - lt date at time gt An error occurred during the process Scheduled Backup No Multiple files Yes The following files were not backed up C Users Pat AppData Local Comms Unistore data a dat reason code C Users Pat AppData Local Microsoft Office OfficeFileCache CentralTable accdb reason code C Users Pat VeriSign Root Certificates DS Store reason code nbsp ENVIRONMENT OS Name - Microsoft Windows Pro ndash Version Build System Type - x -based PC DELL Backup and Recovery ndash Dbr exe ndash Version ndash -JAN- DELL Update Tray ndash DellUpTray exe ndash Version DELL Update Service ndash DellUpService exe ndash Version

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19990178
Relevancy 52.89%

Background I backup Solution: location, delete Recovery Samsung old backup recently started helping my father in law get his Samsung NP-Q -JA HK laptop back to working order He had not used it in a couple of years and when I tried tuning it I found that it was extremely slow A Malwarebytes scan Windows updates and some other actions failed to do the trick So I used his laptop's Samsung Recovery Samsung Recovery Solution: backup location, delete old backup Solution program to do a complete restore to factory condition I did this at boot Samsung Recovery Solution: backup location, delete old backup time pressed F until Samsung Recovery Solution launched a special Windows session The restoration seems to have done the trick the laptop is once more responsive Now I am doing the agony of years of Windows updates If you have any special tricks to speed this up lemme know Questions The reason why I am posting is that while doing the restore I noticed that there were backups on the D drive which is actually a special partition used by Samsung Recovery Solution I picked the oldest one guessing that it was the original factory backup and that seems to be correct That said I would now like to delete the other one as it is unknown garbage at this point Unfortunately when I run the Samsung Recovery Solution program I see no option whatsoever to delete an old backup So Have I overlooked anything in the Samsung Recovery Solution GUI Can Samsung Recovery Solution be upgraded to a later version e g Samsung Recovery Solution and can later versions delete old backups The official Samsung support website for this model only lists version which is not too hopeful Deleting this old backup manually seems to be impossible When I look at D using Windows Explorer all the used space is in the D SamsungRecovery directory and its contents are several files which have a name like user XXX Most of the files are exactly GB in size They are obviously some custom Samsung file format None can obviously be deleted

A:Samsung Recovery Solution: backup location, delete old backup

Hello up2trix and welcome to Seven Forums.

I'm not familiar with the Samsung Recovery Solution so I won't be any help with your specific questions. However, one of the Forum experts has prepared a very detailed tutorial on how to do a Clean Reinstall of Windows 7. It even includes instructions on how to obtain a legal copy of Windows 7 with SP1 installation disk.

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Once the clean install is finished, you could make use of the Windows 7 hotfix rollup that was released by Microsoft in 2013. It contains the first 90 or so hotfixes that were released after SP1. That should save you some time doing the updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/news/282157-hidden-patch-tuesday-gem-windows-7-hotfix-rollup.html

Hope some of this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/360059-samsung-recovery-solution-backup-location-delete-old-backup.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all,
Due to my dell inspiron 14" 7447 have problem after use with window 10 for few month, (get kernel security check failure) cannot fix easy, so I have recover  from win 8 (dell ssd build in  and them update to win10 again) , everything work fine, but when I try to make a new backup , it always show as follow, then crash even time. How can I fix it?
Tks all.
H

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19666628
Relevancy 52.89%

Both 32 Bit and 64 Bit Versions of Backup & Recovery 10 Compact and System Backup 9.5 for free until 7/12.

Info:

Paragon Backup & Recovery Suite

System Backup

Downloads:

License software - free backup, partition freeware, data recovery

A Guy

A:Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 and System Backup 9.5 Free till 7/12

Good find, Thanks Bill.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/96557-paragon-backup-recovery-10-system-backup-9-5-free-till-7-12-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

So a while ago my Manager can't HP Why Up Offi... Open save Recovery Manager/Back automatic updates told me I should upgrade to Windows on my Windows Why can't HP Recovery Manager/Back Up Manager save Open Offi... computer I did I've used it find for a while and then suddenly Why can't HP Recovery Manager/Back Up Manager save Open Offi... it started repairing itself and I got one of those bsod that eventually lead me to a nbsp pick a keyboard set up It of course made it so that I couldn't use any ports keyboards or mice no matter which I used After some reading I was told to go back to factory settings but before I did that I used the backup manager that HP offers I selected music videos and documents actually I think I selected all of the available options Anyhow once my computer was finished backing itself up onto my external harddrive with the HP program I reset the computer back to factory settings Upon opening the recovery manager and searching through my recovered files i have everything except my Open Office Files Is there a reason why this happened Did I do something wrong Does anyone know why it wouldn't have accepted those as documents to back up I'm extremely frustrated as I am a writer a poor one obviously since I have to use a free program instead of Microsoft Office and everything I was working on is simply gone with no explanation nbsp nbsp Can anyone help me understand Possibly even help me find the files if they are somewhere not quite so obvious

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Why-can-t-HP-Recovery-Manager-Back-Up-Manager-save-Open/td-p/5850885
Relevancy 52.46%

Regrettably I learned too late that Dell Backup amp Recovery might encounter problems in Windows if a user did not update DBaR version before an upgrade from Win to Win I have a Dell Inspiron When I only select a few files to backup e g pics docs printer software and a few apps it would backup to my GB USB flash error free But when I try a significant back up -- e g GBs -- I get a display after minutes or so that the backup created an error head scratch Even something less challenging for DBaR like running a Factory Recovery Media backup resulted in the same error Yet using the Windows Control Panel Recovery app minute & 1.9.2.8 after Backup Dell error backup 20 - ver. Recovery completed a backup error free I tried more than one USB flash I ran Dell Update defragged my hard drive disabled firewall and AV protection Nothing seemed to help Am I correct to assume that Dell Backup Dell Backup & Recovery error after 20 minute backup - ver. 1.9.2.8 amp Recovery might encounter problems in Windows Sure would be nice to at least backup costly apps like Microsoft Office Michael T Software Dell Backup & Recovery error after 20 minute backup - ver. 1.9.2.8 Engineer retired

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19682080
Relevancy 52.46%

I curently don't use Dell Backup and Recovery, and I don't run any Dell startup items or automatic services. I also don't have the Recovery Partition in my current deployment. Because the partition is missing, Dell Bu & Rec takes a while to start if I click on the tile. When it does start, it offers to rebuild my recovery environment. It looks like in the System Backup settings, I see under more options the following: Instant Restore status (currently turned to on) and statuses for Overlay Icon and Context Menu.

Because I don't run startups or automatic services, and because my Recovery Partition is missing, I wonder if it will do anything at all to turn off Instant Restore, Overlay Icon, and Context Menu. I don't like launching Sys Bu & Rec, but will do so if you think that turning off Instant Restore, Overlay Icon, and Context Menu will shut off additional features.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19684167
Relevancy 52.46%

In my previous topic gateway-laptop-with-ssd-not-find-vista-sp -wont-start-pxe-e I was unable to restart my Gateway bit Vista laptop except by using the Gateway Recovery management Partition and doing a quot Recovery with automatic data backup quot This recovery worked flawlessly and recovered Vista to its level including associated programs and Windows updates and built an associated gig BACKUP file which was stored in the top level of the Local Disk C directory It included a top level directory folder named - - AM beneath which were folders the same folder names that Vista initially builds in its structure including Documents Google Graphics Intel Perflogs Program Recovery Backup method Proper with Vista? Automatic from of Gataway 32bit Recovery on files System Volume Information Users and Windows along with additional folders that had existed in the previous version on my computer such as AmiPro Downloads Quicken and other programs and folders of mine built since the previous recovery when I'd replaced a failing hard drive with a Crucial SSD However after recovering to this stage I did not know the proper way to continue Proper method of Recovery from Recovery with Automatic Backup on Gataway 32bit Vista? the recovery how to get this backup structure back into the Local Disk C structure in place of the one the recovery had built I thought the first priority would be to continue applying updates to the system using Windows Update But I ran into a problem with Windows Update so went ahead and used the standalone installs of SP and then SP but Windows Update is still not working And I still have not put the backed up directory structure back in place and I don't even know how to do that So I'm not sure what to do next and am requesting any assistance as to the proper way to recover from this situation I will make an offline backup of that BACKUP directory before I do anything And if I have to go back and start over I am willing to do that too in the case that I have done things in the wrong order I am years old and struggling to get this recovery right so I would appreciate any help anyone could give me as to the proper method of doing this recovery to get me back to where I was before the startup problem Thank you very much Ralphyde

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/303013-proper-method-recovery-recovery-automatic-backup-gataway-32bit-vista.html
Relevancy 52.46%

i had upgrade my windows to 8.1, the problem is that i cant install Dell backup & recovery, when i installing and updating PE I get FACTORY SETUP ERROR 5
is there any technical help me please...thx

however...its cant recovery or reset my laptop back to factory image...

just like this photo...
recovery cant... refresh also cant...

A:windows 8.1 recovery problem and install dell backup and recovery software...

just similar same with my problem, my one is factorysetup error 5, i think its different...
however my recovery software uninstalled, because installed new version need to uninstall old version, after it cant install new version....
then ur laptop can launch recovery or not??my one cant just show above picture.....

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19538385
Relevancy 52.46%

I have the same problem.
Recently I updated my PC from windows 8.1 to windows 10.After almost a month I returned back to windows 8.1 from windows 10.
When I tried to install dell backup and recovery (Backup-and-Recovery_Application_64M9D_WN32_1.8.1.71_A00) I got factory error 5.
I cannot refresh my PC from windows also. I am getting the error “could not find the recovery environment”.
Now in command prompt
1. reagentc/info

2. reagentc/enable

3. Exit and reboot.
After the reboot I tried to install dell backup and recovery again. Then also I got the same “factory setup error 5”.

Then I checked the reagent/info in command prompt after reboot. It shows it is disabled.

Please help me.
Thank you

A:windows 8.1 recovery problem and install dell backup and recovery software...

LRKRAO,
Click the link below for information on restoring the OS using DBAR.
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/dell-backup-and-recovery-1-8-1-71/

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19655197
Relevancy 52.03%

Dear Dell I am trying to create recovery a 8 Recovery is Backup Windows to DVD Recovery Unable on Create and Dell discs from quot Dell backup and Recovery Dell Backup and Recovery is Unable to Create a Recovery DVD on Windows 8 application quot however when i was asked to insert the second DVD the optical drive keeps rejecting the DVD The application will not continue to burn the second DVD and appears to be frozen I tyied with different brands makers of DVD and also - R Unfortunately Issue remains I was able to find this article nbsp nbsp Published on - - nbsp relative link http support dell com support topics global aspx support kcs document c us amp cs amp docid amp doclang en amp l en amp s dhs nbsp Although i have done the updates i am still not able to create recovery discs nbsp nbsp Current Issue nbsp after inserting the nbsp rd Disc application gives the following message quot Dbr exe -No disc found quot and stays there and rejects the DVD nbsp I spoke with Dell s Greek Support team I was told that warranty does not cover sw support even if my unit is less than a week old Furthermore i was informed that although quot Dell backup and recovery quot application says DELL is not actually a Dell product thus they can t support it They suggested my to use windows file recovery instead which needs at least DVDs As you can understand this is a workaround and not a Solution I hope that someone from Dell is going to look into it and revert with a specific answer and permanent solution nbsp nbsp Model nbsp inspiron nbsp nbsp Thank you

A:Dell Backup and Recovery is Unable to Create a Recovery DVD on Windows 8

Hi ylikonomos,
You can try to uninstall and re-install Dell Backup and Recovery Manager and Dell Support Center. Follow these steps: 

Press Windows+ 'X' key on the keyboard.
Select 'Programs and Features' from the context menu that appears on the left bottom corner.

Uninstall Dell Backup and Recovery Manager and Dell Support Center from the application list.

Hereafter, check the BIOS version installed on the laptop. Press Windows + 'R' key, type msinfo32 and press Enter.   Locate the BIOS version. If it is A04, the BIOS update is not required. If not, update BIOS. Before flashing the BIOS please check the following:* No external devices (printer, USB drive, SD card, DVD) should be connected.* All other programs should be closed and documents saved.* The AC adapter and battery should be connected during this process. The battery should be 10% or more than 10% charged.  
Here is the link for BIOS update: http://dell.to/VBwSAh. The laptop will reboot after this update. Visit this link: http://dell.to/VBz1fr and click Dell Support Center. Download and install the application. Once done, visit this link: http://bit.ly/UUjIs0 and install Dell Backup and Recovery Manager. Reboot the computer and check if you are able to create the recovery media.
Please try these steps and share the status.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19492319
Relevancy 52.03%

I will try to be as precise as possible and give as much info as I can but I'm not sure what info is inconsequential and what HP HP manager recovery get inability Recovery Pavilion to error and past isn't at HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager this point But here goes For weeks I have tried to outsmart whoever it is that has had complete remote access to my laptop but changing as many admin permissions and incoming outgoing connections that I could find to keep them out A couple of days ago I did a system HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager restore to factory settings thinking this would do it It didn't he was still there He locked me out of all admin tools yesterday I have a system recovery disc made about a year ago and put that in my CD drive tonight thinking I could completely reformat the drive and wipe him out However at start-up I pushed F and came up with a screen that said something about HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager running the disc from E drive I apologize for not be able to give you specific language but I never thought it would get this far with no progress However under the line showing the drive it was booting from there was another line that started quot DETECTHAL REDIRECT quot then went on to say something about quot redirect name quot and redirect path quot none of which sounded legit to me And considering that this intruder had created so many other fake error info msgs already I didn't want to take the chance of this being something else that he had stuck in there I backed out of that reboot and restarted I've subequently tried to restart over a dozen times from the CD but even in Safe Mode it reverts to the HP Recovery Manager Once there I go through the prompts to reformat but then get an error msg that says error x a If the problem persists contact HP quot I can't get past this error nor can I get any type of command promt to come up I tried starting in safe mode with command prompt and it reverted back to the recovery manager Once the error comes up and I click OK to close it my laptop restarts and I continue in the same endless cycle If I try to boot up without the recovery disc in the CD drive I get a black screen that says quot Operating system not found quot I am assuming then that my Windows Vista system recovery disc is not working although if I put it into another computer I can see the files on it and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong I have a backup disc that I made a couple of years ago when I had Norton installed but have not tried them Should I Also a friend suggested that I use the recovery discs for my PC with Windows just to get an operating system loaded if it will load automatically from the CD then go in and try to access the Vista recovery CD I wish there was a quick fix to all of this as its been a very long weeks trying to get this guy out of my laptop and frustrating because I've been so incredibly unsuccessful I know you ask for detailed system information but I'm not sure what more I can tell you Please let me know what you need and I will do my very best to answer Any help with this issue would be so so appreciated - beyond words at this point So thank you to whoever can help

A:HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager

It sounds to me like you have malware. I suggest running malwarebytes.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296083-hp-pavilion-recovery-error-inability-get-past-hp-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have 5 discs from a HP system recovery backup, how to recover my pictures and music onlyThanks

A:Recovery photo files from an hp system recovery backup

apsyandme Instructions for recovering the files are in this thread: HP PCs - Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 8.1) | HP® Customer ...Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Recovery-photo-files-from-an-hp-system-recovery-backup/td-p/5725066
Relevancy 51.6%

Before I updated my laptop to Windows 10 I created a factory recovery media with Dell Backup and Recovery as suggested by Dell.  The upgrade went very well, but now I am getting reminders from Dell to update my recovery media.  However, when I use Dell Backup and Recovery and click the Update Your Recovery Media option, it always says near the end of the update that an error occurred during the process.  What is the cause of this error?  Is it possible to create another factory recovery media using the same USB drive that I used to create the current one, i.e. overwrite the current recovery data with new data?  Thanks for any information. 

A:Dell Backup and Recovery not updating recovery media

I have the same issue.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19665288
Relevancy 51.17%

I am on Windows 10, and for the past couple months I have had booting/BSOD errors that usually give me "bad_system_config_info" and occasionally, "0xc000021a ". Sometimes, I have been able to boot in by accessing the UEFI settings, other times it seems like it just randomly decides to let me log in to my computer normally. When I am able to login, I check for viruses and I haven't found any, as well as run commands like "sfc/scannow", "chkdsk", or "bootsect".  I am trying to recreate recovery media via the HP Recovery Manager, but each time I insert the empty flashdrive, the Recovery Manager suddenly crashes. Please, any response to these combined issues would be greatly appreciated, I haven't been able to use this laptop regularly for months now.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager-Crashes-when-I-try-to-make-Recovery/td-p/5757604
Relevancy 51.17%

If I abandon my efforts to install the latest Windows 10 update, would it be a feasible and a good choice for me to command HP Recovery Manager to make the "Minimized Image Recovery" to the factory condition of OS (Windows 7 Home Edition) with drivers and select software?  I have used HP Recovery Mgr to backup my files on an external hard drive.  Next question: How do I restore those files to my computer?  Should the restoration be done in Windows 7 or after I install Windows 10 on my computer?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager-option-of-quot-Minimzed-Image-Recovery/td-p/5843826
Relevancy 51.17%

I am running windows 7 on my laptop. I has windows vista before the upgrade. I had recovery discs for windows vista created from the recovery manager. I tried to make discs for windows 7. I would like to know why it won't let me make a disc for windows 7 because if I had trouble and needed to put in the recovery discs I wouldn't want to use the ones i had for windows vista. what should i do? here are screenshots to show what happens when i try to create the discs for windows 7.

A:Problem w/ creating recovery disc in Recovery Manager

HP PC Recovery Disc Creator, is for your HP Vista only, not for UpGrade of Win 7.

Try this:

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/66037-problem-w-creating-recovery-disc-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a hp pavilion g7-1219wm Notebook PC and upgraded from windows 7 home premium to the new windows 10 and the hp set up manager and hp recovery manager will not open the user account  control says this app has been blocked for your protection. I do not know if my Norton 360 is blocking it or what. Windows 10 also did not load the hp wifi connection manager.  My hp launch box ans hp support assistant works fine. Does anyone else have this problem?

A:HP recovery manager and hp setup manager not working with wi...

I have a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC and I have experienced the same problem with HP Setup Manager after upgradingfrom Windows 7 to Windows 10. It has also de-activated my Microsoft Office 2010 and completely got rid of my Norton antivirus program. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks WinonaJS

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-recovery-manager-and-hp-setup-manager-not-working-with/td-p/5176949
Relevancy 50.74%

Found this while searching for utilities. Paragon has 49 days left on it's Backup and Recovery package. It has the backup and restore functions as well as a file transfer utility which showed all my devices right off and ready to move files around. I believe it also supports NAS. It has the rescue kit as part of the package. It will make a Linux or WinPE recovery media.

https://www.paragon-software.com/home/brh/download.html

Also there is a Recovery Kit available as a standalone package. It builds the media and has a backup and restore and other functions on the media.

https://www.paragon-software.com/home/rk-free/

I built a recovery WinPE with the in 64bit mode for EFI and it did boot in secure mode from a usb. For some newer computers, if you have no backup solution, this is one to try.

A:Free Paragon Backup And Recovery & Recovery Kit

Thanks Imandy Mann for sharing with MajorGeeks - earlier today, I also found this gem.
I have been using Paragon software for 10 years and all the programs are truly professional.

For those who are interested, Paragon offers numerous free programs.
https://www.paragon-software.com/free/index.html

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/free-paragon-backup-and-recovery-recovery-kit.309941/
Relevancy 50.31%

.... but I didn't touch it.
My d:\ is not empty - it is almost 80% full but when i click on it there are no files. Tried - to the extent of my knowledge - to see if the files are hidden but didn't reach anywhere. Tried a restore point but that didnt work either. Please help

A:HP Recovery Manager says that my recovery partition has been removed

Recovery Manager has hiccups sometimes...
Try re-booting and entering at boot.

If that fails you can order the Recovery Media from HP for a reasonable price.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/237130-hp-recovery-manager-says-my-recovery-partition-has-been-removed.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I removed some spyware and recovery from Manager not Recovery Gateway the does work viruses from my father-in-laws computer It works ok for a little bit but then I will get a BSOD with the STOP x e error I do not have the peripherals that originally were installed on the system as I only took the tower to work on and have my own mouse keyboard and monitor installed Would this cause the problem At any rate I want to use the Gateway Recovery Center to do a factory system restore When I open it up and chose the factory restore option it wants me to restart my computer I chose to restart but it doesn't do the restore I have also asked it before to do a scandisk check recovery from the Gateway Recovery Manager does not work on start up but it won't do that either I have the mini dump files from the BSOD messages but I am just wondering if I should go ahead and take it back to his house and hook up the normal monitor and such and see if I get the BSOD then It doesn't seem to have any particular triggers like now I have had it on and running just fine for about minutes just trying the things that I have tried before It is running Windows Update now as it hasn't had any updates since March of this year I did a System Restore and then used Spybot S D to remove what was there whatever it had at the time would cause the computer to go to a blank white screen after about seconds on the desktop at startup I was told that it had started with some FBI pop up that was asking them to send to them to unlock their system or such Spybot caught a trojan something like fakeporn and removed it Since then the computer will start up normally but then give me te BSOD after a while It will start in safemode and run ok Guide me OMG don't judge me

A:recovery from the Gateway Recovery Manager does not work

This might help:http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det...0x0000007e seems to often relate to drivers and 0x0000008e to RAM. If there is a virus still about then you could get confusing BSOD errors.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/recovery-from-the-gateway-recovery-manager-does-not-work/13395.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello, I am trying to completely factory reset my pc but when I select Windows Recovery Environment in HP recovery manager, it just brings me to the login screen after it restarts my computer. I have tried factory resetting using windows but I get the message 'Could not find the recovery environment.'Is it possible for me to factory reset without having to spend any money, or will I have to order a disk from HP?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-recovery-manager-Recovery-environment-not-doing-anything/td-p/5685793
Relevancy 50.31%

I had deleted recovery partition because of boot mgr error. pre-installed OS: Windows 8.1 I have also ordered two sets of hp recovery disc but both shows same error (boot mgr) but yesterday I can't even open system recovery from hp recovery disc by press F11, even I try to change bios setting from secure boot to legacy boot but can't  open system recovery  What I do now?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/can-t-open-HP-recovery-manager-from-hp-recovery-disc/td-p/5798200
Relevancy 50.31%

My laptop has become very slow, I reinstalled windows and installed original drivers from HP's website. But, my laptop is still very slow. So, I'm hinking about restoring my laptop to factory settings. I don't have HP Backup & Recovery manager or Recovery Partition or any disc that came with laptop. If there is any way I can restore my laptop to Factory Settings, Please inform . And If I need to download anyting please give the link with it. Thank You.

A:Don't have Recovery partition and Recovery Manager to Reset ...

Hi there @HPian_B,  Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community, where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from the community! I read that you would like to reset your HP Pavilion g6-2310ex Notebook PC to factory settings.  Please read the document called Backing Up Your Files. This will provide you with ways to back up the files you have on your Notebook. Here is a document for you to read called Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive. I pulled some information from the document for you. The first thing I would like to make you aware of is that only DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, or DVD+R DL discs are compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program. The following disc types are not compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program:CDsDVD-RWDVD+RWDVD-RW DLDVD+RW DLYou will then also see that in the document it says: The Recovery Media Creation software program allows  only one complete set of discs to be created.The Recovery Media Creation software program  requires an uncorrupted recovery partition (Recovery Image (D) to create a set of discs. Uncorrupted means the recovery partition has  not been modified or removed.The creation process takes about 30 minutes per DVD. The entire recovery set does not need to be created in one session.The Recovery Media Creation software can be aborted at any time, except during the writing (burning) process, by clicking  Cancel. The next time the Recovery Media Creation software program is run, it automatically starts where it last stopped.You can use the recovery discs you create on your computer on another computer only if the second computer is the same model as the one that created the recovery discs.Here is a document called Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7) and another called Recover Windows 7 Operating System Using Microsoft Windows Backup and Restore. - This is used to Recover, Restore, or do a Clean Install of Windows 7.  Please make sure that you read these documents very carefully before you decided to reset to factory settings.  Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Please also re-post with the exact error message you received. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos. Thanks!Have a great day

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Don-t-have-Recovery-partition-and-Recovery-Manager-to-Reset/td-p/5594620
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello nbsp I upgraded Recovery the HP to Using Manager Recovery delete Partition--... my notebook to Windows shortly after it was offered in August nbsp I also upgraded my main drive with a smaller SSD nbsp So now that the notebook's been running OK for almost a year I'd like to delete the recovery partition nbsp I only have a GB SSD so deleting that Recovery partition would give me almost more space on my C drive nbsp I tried using two different partition programs to do this-- both apps let me delete the partition D Recovery-- far right top but then neither will let me add the new space to the C drive nbsp There is small partition between the two and they will let me resize that partition but not the C partition nbsp nbsp I found that the HP Recovery Manager that's installed on my notebook has an option for deleting the partition Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--... but Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--... it doesn't say where it will put the new unallocated space but I didn't go all the way with it yet nbsp If I work through it the rest of the way will it give me the option of where to put the new unallocated space nbsp Or will it add it to the C drive automatically nbsp nbsp Below is a snapshot of the drives configuration the drive on TOP is the one in question nbsp

A:Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--...

Hi, I can see C: and D: do not sit next to each other therefore Windows Disk Manager may not like this. Please try:     http://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-software/combine-partitions-windows-10-free.html Note: you have to delete D: first. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Using-HP-Recovery-Manager-to-delete-the-Recovery-Partition/td-p/5706070
Relevancy 50.31%

My laptop came with Windows bit operating and there is a recovery partition to factory reset It was nbsp protected by the HP recovery manager After i update to Windows reset my PC not factory reset create manager media recovery recovery without with the option keep my files so now i have a Windows and i can create recovery media without recovery manager see nbsp in recovery partition nbsp one recovery folder and inside it one file of name lang in the Recovery partition rest of the files and i can't create recovery media without recovery manager see and there isn't any virus in my laptop its just create recovery media without recovery manager of changing settings i took the step of reset windows i believe my recovery partition is save but due to un availability of recovery manager it is not protected nbsp now i want to factory reset and by going to advance startup option i saw recovery manager ther but when i clicked to recovery manager it says can't open file x recovery hp rita-tool thats why i cannot proceed for factoey reset please guide me how can i get back recovery manager or how can i make recovery media nbsp please help nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/create-recovery-media-without-recovery-manager/td-p/5832416
Relevancy 50.31%

This is a last resort for me nbsp My PC failed and would no longer boot to Windows Just kept spinning while trying to load Manager Cannot failure. Recovery access Recovery nbsp At this point I decided to access Recovery Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager Manager to do a Systom Restore back to factory settings I know I should have created a restore point when upgrading to Windows but life lesson learned nbsp Either way my installation failed and I'm no longer able to access Recovery Manager I did my diligence and backed up Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager my files to USB but it's useless since there's no operating system nbsp I downloaded a copy of Windows and burned to a disk but when booting from CD Drive it doesn't prompt to install Windows just says it is preparing set up for first use then an error appears saying Windows could not complete installation To install windows on this computer restart the installation nbsp I tried using my CD key on the microsoft website to try and download a copy of windows but it wouldn't let me because it was a factory copy nbsp I'm at a complete loss right now can't find any help with this situation and paying someone to fix this isn't an option nbsp What am I missing here guys nbsp Any assistance would be appreciated

A:Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager

Hi @xxboramirxx I would suggest you try the troubleshooting steps given in the link below : http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01867418 I am an HP EmployeePlease click ?Accept as Solution? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.Click the ?Thumbs Up? to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Recovery-failure-Cannot-access-Recovery-Manager/td-p/5841450
Relevancy 50.31%

Guys I cant complete succesfully my system recovery nbsp Here is an event-by-event detail I have a DV Pavilion nbsp - I Complete fails) (Recovery Problem Recovery Manager Recovery Recovery is complete message appears Once your system restarts and you finish the inital - I restart- CMD exe window appears- Software Installation HP window appears- It restarts black window with HP Logo then Microsoft Corporation windows starting - Please wait while Windows sets up your computer Black screen - Please wait WHile Windows Continues Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) setting up your computer light blue screen - Restarts again- black screen mouse pointer windows logo appears start sound Welcome Screen appears Vista Home Premium - Windows setup window Windows is now setting up the following items Pre-PININST Check Preinstall Software InstallerPre-PININST Preinstall software Installer ndPost PININSTAC Power CheckingBurnBoot Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) All this with a HP on the back screen with the grey completation bar -Takes long time to complete the second task Preinstall Software Installer - Restarts Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) logging off shutting down - Black screen white pointer again- Windows Welcome screen againNow when it is in the Windows is now setting up the following items - Pre-PININST An Recovery Manager window appears saying that The recovery attempt has failed Please select one of the following buttons Details or RetryWhen I hit details it appears the following - ChkErrBB CMD Detect some error during PININST-BBV - ChKErrBB CMD Check C system sav logs BurnBootWarn logI hit retry and the DVD CD open and it restarted the machineAnd Again back to the Welcome to the Recovery Manager original screen nbsp nbsp How can I solve this Thanks Solved View Solution

A:Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails)

I found away past it. Just close the window with the "X". Don't hit retry or it will just keep starting over. The box will appear a few more times during the process, but just keep hitting X and it should go through. Worked for me! I'm not sure if there are features or files missing because of the errors, but the system seems to work fine so far.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Manager-Problem-Recovery-fails/td-p/97667
Relevancy 48.59%

My laptop crashed but I was bale to recover my data from the drive using an external cable to the drive on my desktop PC.  I can see the recovery partition, can I make a recover USB from the drive without it being in my laptop?

A:Re: Don't have Recovery partition and Recovery Manager to Re...

Hi there,  Do you not have Recovery discs?How did you previously load Windows 7 on your Notebook? The media creation software allows only  one system image to be created. If you created a set of recovery discs, you can not create a system image on a USB drive. The media creation software requires an uncorrupted recovery partition (FACTORY_IMAGE D. Uncorrupted means that the recovery partition has  not been modified or removed. That being said, at this point, I cannot guarantee that the image will work on your USB. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Re-Don-t-have-Recovery-partition-and-Recovery-Manager-to/td-p/5596486
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, I'm at a loss and afraid I've lost all my files.   Every time I restarted my computer I kept getting the Windows Boot Manager error message: Status: 0xc000000f Info: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data. However, after googling and trying numerous methods to repair this, I now keep getting prompted with the Windows Recovery Manager.  I assumed that choosing the default factory restore option would prompt me with a back up option, but it didn't and proceeded to reformat.  I quickly shut my computer down. I don't know what to do next because now all I get is the Windows Recovery Manager option. Any help would be much appreciated!

A:Windows Boot Manager Error / Windows Recovery Manager Issue

If this string of events actually did start to reformat the drive, it might still be recoverable.  I would boot the computer to an independent OS IE: Linux Live on a CD or DVD and then look at the drive.  Then use that to copy your data to another drive.  Once the data is saved, then do whatever you want with this corrupted drive.  Do not try to continue with any other operations until the data is saved elsewhere.Since this PC came with Vista, once the data is saved, you could try the HP REcovery Manager to restore the original OS. Or just start over this a new install of windows 7

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Windows-Boot-Manager-Error-Windows-Recovery-Manager-Issue/td-p/5603963
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,
I own a Acer 5735G and I made a clean install of windows 7 however I seem to have acouple of issues

1) I have installed backup manager software, which works but there is a quick access button on the keyboard which is ment to launch the application, this does not work! Help anybody?

2)The drivers for the ATI HD4570 are not correct, I know there has been much talk about this, was simply hoping for an update!

Thanks
Daniel

A:Acer 7535G Backup Manager Help!

Quote: Originally Posted by dan1el

Hello,
I own a Acer 5735G and I made a clean install of windows 7 however I seem to have acouple of issues

1) I have installed backup manager software, which works but there is a quick access button on the keyboard which is ment to launch the application, this does not work! Help anybody?

2)The drivers for the ATI HD4570 are not correct, I know there has been much talk about this, was simply hoping for an update!

Thanks
Daniel

Download all the latest software for PC from Acer:

Acer Europe, Middle East and Africa - Service & Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/39219-acer-7535g-backup-manager-help.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, i recently got a copy of acronis 2011 im just wodering what backup software you guys personally use or like? I need opinions and a backup/restore software that i could rely on? Help me please

A:Nice backup manager? Help Me choose!!

Hi I would try a Backup tool from Hiren's.
Hiren's BootCD 15.1 - All in one Bootable CD ? www.hiren.info

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/218271-nice-backup-manager-help-me-choose.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I was having some problems getting a multi boot system up and running with both win amp but with some help on this great forum I was boot 8 manager? win restore and Backup able to accomplish Backup and restore win 8 boot manager? that feat The problem now is Win is on an ssd by Backup and restore win 8 boot manager? itself Win is on a GB partition of a TB drive I now want to put Win on a separate and new ssd I have images of both the ssd win and the win partition only Farstone Recovery I am NOT using UEFI My asus board is setup for auto and all drives have MBR's If I do a restore to the new SSD I don't think it will restore the boot manager for win since I only imaged the partition right I've noticed that if I choose an OS or option other than the default the computer actually starts another boot procedure to get to that OS I assume that's normal under win Backup and restore win 8 boot manager? Anyway if my assumption is correct Is there a pretty safe way to backup and restore the boot manager if I restore to the new ssd I'm afraid to use EasyBCD because the last time I did that I lost the graphical interface and it went back to the win boot manager Do you think using bootrec fixmbr would put it back after restoring TIA

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/18669-backup-restore-win-8-boot-manager.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I recently upgraded to Win 10 on a Dell 660s that is rarely used.  After the installation and while learning the new system I realized that "backup and recovery" is nowhere to be found. Doing some research I found that this program was to be updated prior to the installation. (I don't recall getting any nags to do this)
"CAUTION: Before upgrading your system to Windows 10 you must have the latest updates to Dell Backup and Recovery 1.8 installed to ensure that the software will work after the upgrade. For more information please see the following article Dell Backup and Recovery (DBAR) and Windows 10"
Reading the above- it  looks like it may to late without reverting back to win 8.1 - any work arounds for this.

Best Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19987370
Relevancy 45.58%

I want to backup my files onto the D drive on my p c but the back and recovery wont let me. It keeps telling me the last backup did not finish and a error has happened and to put it right error No (0x8100000A) could someone please tell me how to fix this please.

A:Backup and Recovery

Hello David, and welcome to Vista Forums.

If you like, you might see if resetting backup using the tutorial below may allow you to be able to create a new backup afterwards.

Back Up Files - Reset Last Backup Listing

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296834-backup-recovery.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello Dear friends here,

I need your advise:

I have Acronis true image 2015 ISO file and installation too, and my question is that when i create backups in the computers how to enable or add  a acronis luncher for recovery point at startup? If i collect all backups on the external HDD after  it is hard to choose which images is for the PC. Sorry for my bad english and my bad question.

I wait your suggestions.

Thanks in advanced.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554518/backup-recovery/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, Right now I am having Windows 8 in my HDD. But due to slow buffering or processing of HDD, Service Engineers asked me to change HDD. Now I purchased new HDD with Better buffering Speed. Now how can I take complete Operating system to new HDD.

Is thies any idea of taking backup & recover that to new HDD...

Please give me solution asap..Bcoz my new HDD is waiting...

A:Backup & Recovery

You can clone your old hard drive then move it over to the new one with a clone software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/backup-and-recovery-720993.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Dear,
I have laptop lg ( LGr40 ) with windows vista.. i want to take recovery cd of my laptop... or want to tak backup of my laptop... guide me plz

thankewwwww

A:Recovery/Backup

m still waitinggggggg.....

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261551-recovery-backup.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I have recently up graded my PC's motherboard Asus P T SE CPU Intel Core i and Kingston DDR Ram Gig I re-formatted and did a clean install of Windows Vista Bit After installing all my apps I made an image with Acronis PLUS another with Macrium Reflect The images were created and validated successfully and stored on different hard drives One was even stored in Acronis and Recovery Backup Secure Zone However I tried restoring from both softwares but it would not allow me Macrium Reflect reports DRIVE 'C' IS LOCKED The Partition you Backup and Recovery are trying to overwrite is in use by Windows Select one of the following Close all Windows Backup and Recovery Applicationsand try again Reboot your PC and select the Reflect recovery environment from the Backup and Recovery Windows boot menu Reboot your PC and start the Reflect Rescue CD When I start with the Rescue Disk it initialises but soon goes in a freeze black screen When I try with Acronis everything initialises but when it comes to select the Partition to recover to - which is C Drive - C Drive is not listed Believe me these two softwares did help tremendously in the past before upgrading Can anybody PLEASE help Thanks Arishat Nash rashad tpg com au

Hi -

have you tried backing up in safe mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/backup-and-recovery-377581.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Can you have more than one backup and recovery system on the same computer, I.E. Windows and Erunt working at the same time. Also what is the best way to store a recovery backup and then test it to see if it really works.

A:Backup and recovery

Do you only want to backup the registry or all data on the hard drive?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201700/backup-and-recovery/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have windows xp home edition sp2. I'm trying to backup operating system to a cd using free backup and recovery software. The software that I tried required the destination with the size not less than the size of the source. I'm looking for software that will automatically setup catalog of cd discs and will request to load next cd when the current one is full to continue backup. Is anybody know if such software available?

A:backup and recovery

Instead of monkeying around trying to find software that will spread your backup over several CD's Make it easy on your self and get a USB HDD. CD's can only store 700MB's where HDD's can store several GB's

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/backup-and-recovery-663891.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I decided to order this OCZ Backup / recovery - SSD SSD SATA G Vertex OCZSSD - VTX G OCZSSD - VTX G - Penta Group And i hope i won't be dissapointed comparing my Western Digital AAKS with this SSD Please tell me how to proceed whit the the backup - recovery image Should i partition the SSD - GB for OS and the rest of SSD as quot storage quot for my backup image You think it's a good idea If i have the backup image on the HDD it's going to be a bit slower when i do SSD / Backup - recovery the recovery comparing the same think but on SSD Or should i leave all the GB SSD for Windows and all the backup images should be on the HDD I use very often Acronis True Image and i want to have a bit more speed when i make the backup and the recovery Please give me some good advices guys SSD / Backup - recovery Thanks in advance PS the backup image it's about GB - GB and i always have about images

A:SSD / Backup - recovery

Take a look at this Tutorial:
SSD - Install and Transfer the Operating System
SSD Tweaks and Optimizations in Windows 7
SSD Alignment
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/172121-ssd-backup-recovery.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I am totally new to Win 7 and wonder if I should get Norton Ghost 15 or equivalent. The inbuilt Win 7 features seem quite comprehensive but wonder what others do?

You'll get a variety of different opinions on what software to use for backups but most people will insist that you make backups regardless of what you use to do so.

Personally, I use Macrium Reflect (FREE). It's a great program that allows you to create compressed or uncompressed backups. You can revert to them by creating a pre installation disc to boot from. You have a choice of using BartPE or Linux. I use Linux.

Regardless of whether you use the Windows features (I don't recommend it), Macrium Reflect, Norton Ghost or one of the other alternatives you should also use system restore and create recovery discs.

System Repair Disc - Create

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/83035-backup-recovery.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an Inspiron 17 5000 series I was having a few problems so used Dell Backup and Recovery to restore to factory settings. Since doing so the Backup and Recovery program will not run. I have tried re-installing from Dell Downloads, a Clean Boot then the Download neither option has worked and the program still will not run. It gets so far then informs me it has encountered a problem and closes.
Any suggestions 

Please list exactly your Dell model and version of windows? Example: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10
Secondly, you're able to boot into windows?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19980902
Relevancy 45.58%

I just did a Windows update an as usual my Dell Inspiron 3000 blue screened. The first time it self repaired ok but this time I had to do a restore.
I followed the directions and the computer restarted but all my files and settings are GONE! It was like starting with a fresh install.
I did a backup to an external drive on 10/24 but something failed and it didn't restore all my files and settings.
Is there a way to force the computer to re-install them?
Thanks, Paul

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19997077
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a the Dell 15R SE 7520 which came preloaded with windows 8 . Recently I upgraded to windows 8.1 . My questions are -
1. What should I create - a rescue disk or a recovery disk ?
2. If I create a recovery disk, will it help to recover my windows 8.1(not windows 8) in case my OS gets corrupted .
3. I also couldn't find the product key for my OS. So , If someday I have to repair my laptop using my recovery disk ,it will not stay genuine?
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
P.S : Please bear me , I'm new to this forum.

My advice would be to get Macrium Reflect 5.2 Free. Even the free version can download WinPE 5.0 now. You can make a boot USB or CD and save an image of the system as it is now with all the programs installed. Also it supports UEFI and GPT. You don't have to study up anything. Just run it and click on the left where it says "Create an image of the partitions required to back up and restore Windows." It will do the rest.

To create the WinPE boot USB or CD you will need to download the WinPE. It does the download for you. Just be aware the size of the download may be over 370 MB. But if you have a good WiFi connection that's no big deal. Mine downloaded in about 10 minutes.

Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download

As for the built in Windows backup.. I've used 3rd party imaging programs like Macrium and EaseUS Backup.. so I'm not very familiar with the built in method.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/39710-backup-recovery.html
Relevancy 45.58%

So I stupidly didn't backup my new acer extensa 4630z laptop, even though it told me to like 15 times... and when i did finally back up the laptop I have a feeling what i got was already not super fantastic. Is there anywhere that one can get back to factory settings without knowing a tonne about technology?

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi , anyone tried using Macrium Reflect Free version s/ware to do a Hard drive image recovery?

I tried (using an external USB hard-drive) and it didn’t work. The image creation appeared to work successfully but when I tried the recovery to drive ‘c’ it seemed to start before I got an error message ‘boot sector missing’ or something similar (can’t remember the error message exactly).

The target drive was a newly formatted ‘clean’ drive.

Fortunately, the recovery was not critical as I was testing the Macrium Reflect Free s/w in the event that I will actually need it somewhere down the line. I guess it’s a good job I did.

Any ideas where it (or me more likely ! ) may have gone wrong?

Or, anyone use any Freeware that can backup entire drives and more importantly ‘recover’ them successfully. i.e. software you’ve actually tried and tested.

All replies gratefully received.

Regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/backup-recovery-s-w.1102605/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi - when I switched my laptop on last night I got a blue screen and a message saying " Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" and also gave an error code of 0xc0000001. I tried going through the recovery process using F11 but when I got to the backup stage it stopped part way through with a couple of error messages. I can't start the recovery process if my files aren't backed up. What shall I do? I'm using Windows 10. Thanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Cannot-backup-before-recovery/td-p/5616812
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I am a keen one for keeping backups as anything can happen at any time However I have found myself stuck with a XP Win Recovery Backup backup with possibly no way of recovery Recently while repartioning my main HDD I lost my system altogether My problem is that when I go to recover my backup Via WinXP Win XP Backup Recovery System Recovery from my USB external HDD I cannot access it as I did not notice that XP mapped the drive as quot G quot when I backed it up I don t appear to have any USB or network drivers installed during the recovery process and now a have a perfectly good backup that I can t use I used the exact same method many times on different laptops and never had any problem I have tried removing the HDD Gb from the external case and connecting directly to the IDE bus but XP does not appear to recognise the HDD during recovery Does anyone know how I may be able to quot fool quot XP into reading from Win XP Backup Recovery the external drive Thanks in advance System Asus Mobo P GHz Gb RAM x Gb HDD x Gb HDD Gb System amp Data drives Asus amp LiteOn DVD Burner nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I have just got a new advent 4211c Netbook computer and it tells me to create a backup of my recovery solution before I start using my computer on a 2gb sd card or pen drive. I put an 4gb flash drive into my computer and it had to format it first. When I go into techguys recovery backup when it gets to the stage after finding the device from the list and create and making backup it then says there has been error creating the backup of your recovery please use a different device and try again, This is a new flash drive I got to use for this purpose please can you help me as I cannot use my computer until I make this backup.

A:Recovery Backup

Hi and Welcome to TSG,
The instructions say that the progamme itself will format the flash drive at step 8. Let's see if someone else can get you round this. I've included the instructions I found via Mr.Google - are these the ones you have?

Richard.

From a google search:
As this model doesn't have an optical drive then you have the option to create a backup to either an SD card or a USB pen drive with a capacity of at least 2GB. Note that the backup procedure will format the device so any data already on it will be lost.

To Start the Recovery Backup either:
Double-click the TechGuys Recovery Backup icon on your desktop or
Click Start > All Programs > The TechGuys > TechGuys Recovery Backup

You will be asked to close any open programs. Click OK to restart the PC.
After your computer has restarted it will automatically load the recovery program and display the TechGuys Recovery Backup Wizard.
Insert your media into the PC (either USB pen drive or SD card). The wizard will only detect media that has a capacity of 2GB or greater.
Wait a few seconds and click Start.
The wizard will detect any removable media with a minimum capacity of 2GB. You can choose the media you want to use from the pull-down menu and click Next.
A confirmation window will appear. Click Create to begin. All files and folders on the media will be deleted.
The wizard will now format your USB drive or SD card, then begin creating your recovery backup. This can take up to 10 minutes depending on the speed of the media used.
When the recovery backup has been successfully created remove the device from the computer and store for future use.
Click Finish

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-backup.812287/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Everyone,

I have just had a new hard drive installed, after failure of the old one, and would not recommend it - its hellish!

I backed up my Keepass Password Manager, on an external disk, thinking I could just install it back on the new hard drive but no such luck!  As they are encrypted I now have no passwords.

Do I have to download a new one and would I then be able to download it?  Where is a safe place to download it from?

Also can I load my backup of "LizIanPC" back to a new hard drive and do I start in the Backup Centre or in the external hard drive.  I have not had the courage to try it yet - being a rather an elderly 'non-techie' .

Would be most grateful for any advice.

A:Keepass Password Manager - Can I get my Backup back?

You can download KeePass from its home site here: http://keepass.info/.  KeePass comes in 2.xx and 1.xx versions which are not interchangeable.  Make sure you download the same version as you had before.  After you install KeePass you can copy your database and settings over.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603211/keepass-password-manager-can-i-get-my-backup-back/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello Everyone,

I've installed Microsoft Windows 8.1 Version 6.3.9600 Build 9600 on my HP 430 Notebook PC with 1 GB RAM and Pentium CPU @ 2GHz 2 Cores.

Display drivers are not working properly (i.e., everything appears bigger and unclear), earlier I'd successfully updated the display drivers and made it work using Device Manager. Can anyone help me making a backup of the drivers (may be in .inf format) from the installed drivers so that I don't have to update it every time I re-install it.

Thanks

A:How to backup Drivers from Device Manager/Installed Dvr ??

.Inf is just a file with the drivers. If you want real backup of drivers, use a program like this: Download Double Driver - MajorGeeks or Download Driver Magician Lite - MajorGeeks
They can be restored using that program or partially one by one or only specific ones.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/50506-how-backup-drivers-device-manager-installed-dvr.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have Norton Antivirus, but something has altered my computer. The problems I have found are: (1) Task Manager will not open; (2) computer freezes frequently and must be rebooted; and (3) when opening, playing or trying to copy a photo/movie from a file on the computer, it always freezes. I downloaded HijackThis, but don't really understand the results.

Can anyone help?

A:Task Manager Gone; Can't Backup Photo Album

I suggest you post a HijackThis log for examination.A member of the HijackThis Team will walk you through, step by step, how to disinfect your computer.Once you post your log, don't make any changes to your system, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it more difficult to properly clean your system.Read Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log. Please read, and follow, all directions carefully!!!Then, run a log, and post it in the HijackThis forum, >at this link<. Do not, post it in this topic.Do not, fix anything, yet.A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.It may take a while to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, as these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.NOTE:Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70063/task-manager-gone;-cant-backup-photo-album/
Relevancy 45.15%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2367M CPU @ 1.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3889 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000, 1816 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 459837 MB, Free - 398616 MB; E: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 282543 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire V5-571
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

When I try to backup, the message I get is "the system could not find the environment option that was entered",
I do not know what that means.

Relevancy 45.15%

My wife works for a company that uses the IASO software to backup her pc to the cloud When they installed the software onto her pc and started to backup her files the internet slowed to a crawl We have three other pcs that are connected to a DSL line and we can really see the difference when she is uploading her files At one point we stopped the Backup IASO to slows a crawl!!! Manager DSL backup so that we could use the other pcs and do some work on the internet Even though we stopped the backup the DSL speed was still slow I had this happen once before and the only thing that worked was to uninstall the IASO software So the company that she works with uninstalled it again this time but it was still slow I finally went into MSCONFIG and unchecked the IASO Backup Manager in the start up folder and the service folder ----that did it We were back to our normal DSL speed Mbps down and Mbps up I know that the normal speed seems slow to some of you---but we are living in an area where they IASO Backup Manager slows DSL to a crawl!!! have to pipe in sunshine--end of the line for DSL North Carolina This happens when using IE or Google Chrome The wife's pc specs are Windows -bit OS full retail version Antec NEO ECO C W Contiuous power ATX V v EPS V PLUS CERTIFIED ACTIVE PFC POWER SUPPLY Seagate Barracuda TB HD Intel i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost MB Cache LGS W CPU Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel DH BL Unlocked amp Unleashed--MB GB Ram Two DVD Burners TB Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk External HD for a backup We use Trend Micro on all four of our pcs The IT people at the company that she works for says they have no idea why we are having a problem--they have been using the IASO software for years and they love it I wish I loved it as well Any help is appreciated Fred

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516030/iaso-backup-manager-slows-dsl-to-a-crawl/
Relevancy 45.15%

I was creating the recovery of window 8.1. I  used HP recovery manager for creating recovery DVD's. It required 5 DVD.my two DVD's completed burnig process but  3rd DVD completed 80% or 85% and show ' error ' .I tried many times but it cannot work. So, please give me response  What am i do in thi situayion..

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-manager/td-p/5643901
Relevancy 45.15%

HelloI have a laptop hp pavilion entertainment dv6500 and I needed to format it, but by mistake I formatted the recovery manager.Can I get/buy a recovery manager CD?Thank you

A:Recovery manager

Yes you can purchase recovery CDs further instructions here James

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-manager/td-p/5646134
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I have Hp-Labtop with windows 10 home edition, few days I think windows a liitle bit slow, So I decided to make a recoveryHp recovery manager gives a message that recovery parition is not found(recovery parition exists in my computer and I haven't touch it) I have split C into two paritions one for my files and other for windows, could this be the reason????also by mistake windows.old was deleted..... If I try to create recover disks through Recovery manager will this delete recovery parition or what???Help Please

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-Recovery-Manager/td-p/5814125
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi everyone,

I have a 2 months old HP Pavilion DM1-3014AU running on windows 7 home basic.

My query is that if i delete the recovery partition, can i get it back if i restore the netbook to factory condition through recovery disks.

A:HP Recovery Manager......

HP's recovery DVDs will not perform a Repair Install ...
It's also a good idea to make a Repair CD ...

After You remove the recovery partition .. W7 can resize the system partition to fill in the unused space ..
W7 can Extend or Shrink a partition.

Any partition resizing can be risky .. Make sure you have your data backed up.

I'm not sure about W7 .. but it used to be that if you removed the recovery partition ..
Then tried to use it to recover a HP supplied application ... it would know that the recovery partition was missing .. and ask for the recovery DVDs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-recovery-manager.1009369/
Relevancy 45.15%

Getting error code FFFFFF15 then i click on ok and come up with error code=45D can anyone tell me if this is a motherboard problem and will it be easier for me to buy a new laptop or to get it fixed

A:Hp recovery manager

Please explain in more detail what you are attempting to do when you see the error code.  Are you trying to perform an HP  recovery for the notebook from the onboard HP Recovery Manager? Did you create USB or DVD recovery media? You can boot to recovery media to invoke the HP Recovery Manager and perform a recovery. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-recovery-manager/td-p/5615762
Relevancy 45.15%

My Hp Laptop Was In The Process Of Getting An OS Update & My Sister Turned It Off (As A Prank) Before Windows 10 Finished Installing. Long Story Short I Had To Reinstall Windows 7 On It But Before Downloading Win 10 I Had To Free Up Space On My Recovery (Partition). So I Formatted It. Now I Don't Have HP Recovery Manager Or Any Other HP Factory Apps. How Can I Get Those Back?

A:HP Recovery Manager

Hi, There's no download for Recovery Manager, but pretty much all the other software and drivers for your notebook can be downloaded from the link below. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv7-3100-entertainment-notebook-pc-serie... Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Recovery-Manager/td-p/5693246
Relevancy 45.15%

Help. My Hp Touchsmart 300 won't boot up windows it goes to the blue house screen when switched on.  If I press F11 it will only let me do a system recovery with warning it will go back to factory setting.  I want to "file back up program" but it is greyed off and won't let me click it. 

Hello, Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for post. Some (most) HP Recovery procedures include procedure to back-up files before the actual recovery process. However, yoy may back-up your files this way usig external software.Please, download GNU/Linux version - > Linux Mint XFCE 18 - Linux based OS.  >> https://linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=222 Download/save the ISO image. You need to write it on a new blank DVD or on empty USB thumbdrive (min 2 GB capacity).  How to create bootable ISO on USB device >> http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windowsorHow to write ISO to DVD >> http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/burn-a-dvd-on-windows   When ready with the USB drive or with the DVD: * Ensure Secure Boot is disabled.* Ensure Legacy mode is enabled.* Save the UEFI/BIOS changes.Details>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653226 Eventually, please, shutdown the computer using the power button.Insert the Windows USB thumdrive or the DVD prepared previouslyPower  on the PC.As soon as you press the power-on button, keep hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one Choose F9 to open Boot options. Select the thumb drive as boot option.You will now boot from Linux Mint media. Once ready and once you open the Files, you will notice it has automatically mounted your PC's HDD - you will be able to browse through your directories and copy/backup to external device the required files.  Once ready, you can use the F11 option to reimage your PC  / restote to factory default condition.Hope this helps, let me know how it goes. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Recovery-manager/td-p/5840488
Relevancy 45.15%

I just deleted my recovery drive from my pc and lost my recovery drive and disk too how can i restore my pc or how to get recovery drive back.......

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-manager/td-p/5632778
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi !I want to make a recovery disk for my envy- dv6 win 8 operating system.do I lose the ability to refresh and install win 8 from my Hdd and have to Install it every time from the recovery disk or refreshing windows from hdd is still available ?thanks.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:recovery manager

Hi, The option to reinstall the OS from the hard drive partition will still be available after you create your recovery media. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-manager/td-p/5708685
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi....I want to install a new operating system (linux) on my laptop and I havent made the recovery disk yet,after installing new operating system , can I do the recovery by the default recovery drive on my hdd without having the disks? in case I  make the recovery disk , do I lose the the ability to recover from My hard drive recovery drive ? (Because my hdd drive is much safer than the Disks in case of protection)thanks.

Kooshan wrote:Hi....I want to install a new operating system (linux) on my laptop and I havent made the recovery disk yet,after installing new operating system , can I do the recovery by the default recovery drive on my hdd without having the disks? in case I  make the recovery disk , do I lose the the ability to recover from My hard drive recovery drive ? (Because my hdd drive is much safer than the Disks in case of protection)thanks.Create a usb recovery flashdrive before you make any changes!  Do not create a recovery disk set!  A Recovery disk set is quite fragile and can be destroyed with a single scratch on the disk label. A usb recovery flashdrive is, unlike a recovery DVD, quite durable. If you install Linux on the hard disk it will change the bootloader if you are not careful and no longer allow you to boot to Windows.  Making a usb recovery flashdrive will not remove the ability to use F11 unless you make any changes to the D: Recovery partition. That is where the Recovery Manager boots from when you use F11.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-manager/td-p/5709811
Relevancy 45.15%

Upgraded to Windows 7 from vista but now I cant revover my files that I backed up before to this version cause the hp recovery manager freezes around when it gets to 12% of the first disk. If possible I would like to get those files back. Any ideas anyone?

Relevancy 45.15%

hey does anyone know were i can get the recovery manager for my HP pavilion desktop computer a1253w?

ive looked for it everywere in my computer but it isnt there...

Originally Posted by vistafever

hey does anyone know were i can get the recovery manager for my HP pavilion desktop computer a1253w?

ive looked for it everywere in my computer but it isnt there...

Welcome to the forums!

According to the HP support website, here are the steps to use the recovery manager:

Starting the recovery from Windows Vista
Use the following steps to recover the computer starting from the Windows Vista desktop:
Turn off the computer.Disconnect all connected devices (such as the Personal Media Drive, USB drives, printer, and fax), remove media from drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware. Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and power cord.Turn on the computer.From the Windows desktop click Start , and then All Programs .Click PC Help & Tools .Click Recovery Manager .
The Recovery Manager Welcome screen appears.Click Next . On the Software Program Re-installation screen select No , and then click Next .On the Hardware Re-installation screen select No , and then click Next .On the screen that prompts for Microsoft System Restore select No , and then click Next .The Recovery Manager prompts if you want to restore the computer to its original factory shipped condition. Click Yes , and then click Next .
The computer restarts and opens the Recovery Manager program.Click Next .On the Microsoft System Restore screen select No , and then click Next .Confirm that you want to run a System Recovery by selecting Yes , and then click Next .The Recovery Manager gives you the option of backing up your data files. Backing up your files is recommended. To back up your files select Yes , and then click Next . Follow the onscreen instructions.
If you do not want to backup your files, select No , and then click Next .After the System Recovery is complete, the computer restarts and continues into Windows setup. Complete the setup screens and wait until the computer finishes the setup. Then, turn off the computer, reconnect all peripheral devices, and turn on the computer.Before using the computer, update and protect your computer. Reinstall any virus and security software that was installed before the System Recovery.Reinstall any software applications that were added after puchasing the computer, and any files that were backed up.

If you can't access the recovery manager with these steps or it's not working, you'll need to order recovery disks from HP directly.
Please let us know if this works for you.

Here's the source URL which contains links that may be helpful to you: HP and Compaq Desktop PCs*-* Performing an HP System Recovery in Windows Vista*

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/135710-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 45.15%

If you have a HP computer then HP has it's own Recovery Manager HP version of System Restore installed called HP Recovery Manager You can uninstall this in Programs and HP Recovery Manager Features I ran across this statement in Tutorials It needs some clarifications In Pavillion and Presario notebooks HP Rec Mgr does more than just System restore And btw HP does not have its own version of SR It runs Windows' version HP Rec Mgr has other functions Re-install original software programs and hardware drivers and complete System Recovery restoring the original hard disk factory template It can be utilized to create a set of recovery discs In HP Business notebook Rec Mgr does not re-install software progs and drivers but does the others listed in Pavilion Presario models I don't think HP Recovery Manager should be uninstalled Or if perchance he meant uninstalling System Restore be aware that HP Rec Mgr will be unable to system restore on its own if Windows SR is unstalled or disabled

Umm where did you see that cause you can't uninstall it and its not even listed in the Program and Features. You can only disable the windows system restore. I'm pretty sure all HP products have the Recovery Manager to restore you computer to Factory Condition.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/199958-hp-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 45.15%

could smeone tell whats wrong with my recovery manager program in HP pavilion laptop... when i run the program, a window appears:

microsoft visual c++ runtime library
runtime error
program c:\windows\sminst\restore7.exe
abnormal program termination...

how can i fix the error?

thanks for helping!!!

A:hp recovery manager

Originally Posted by opette

could smeone tell whats wrong with my recovery manager program in HP pavilion laptop... when i run the program, a window appears:

microsoft visual c++ runtime library
runtime error
program c:\windows\sminst\restore7.exe
abnormal program termination...

how can i fix the error?

thanks for helping!!!

Are you using Vista....
If yes you can refer this link where you can download universal recovery disk. Please follow this link
Create a Recovery Disc

http://www.vistax64.com/software/161250-hp-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have pressed F11 key on startup and searched recovery manager on the search but hp recovery manager didnt come. Can anyone tell me what to do ?

A:where is recovery manager?

Hello, Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome!  HP Recovery is only available for comuter that originally came with Windows preinstalled by HP (a.k.a. OEM Windows). It will appear if the recovery partitions are working and intact. Once you start your computer after pressing the power-on button, keep hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).Then an HP boot options will appear and you can choose the recovery options. Alternatively, start to Windows and load it from there. More information can be found in the HP official article >> http://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c04758961  (Win 10)>> http://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c03489643  (Win 8/8.1) If the recovery partitions are not working, if you want to recover your machine to factory default condition, you may have to reinstall Windows and/or purchase recovery media from HP to restore to factory default condition. Let me know if this works for you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/where-is-recovery-manager/td-p/5653706
Relevancy 45.15%

Is the HP Recovery Manager installed on this computer or does it have to be downloaded?If is installed how  do I access it?Frank C 

Solved!
View Solution.

Hello, Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. If the computer arrived with Windows preinstalled and if you did not attemp to manually remove HP Recovery manager software then it should be there. You can click on the Start button of Windows and type its name to search for it. If you would like to perform system recovery, here are the official instructions >> http://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c04758961#AbT0 If you simply want to create recovery media, here are the official instructions >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03481733  (even though it states Win 8, it will work for Win 10, as well.)  Please, let me know if this works for you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-manager/td-p/5594026
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello. When i start my computer it goes as usual, then when the windows icon is expected come it says ''Recovery Manager''Then it says ''The  attempted to recovery has failed. Click one of these buttons'' with the options ''Save log, Ditails and try again'' the rest of the screen is black. Help please.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Manager/td-p/5820114
Relevancy 45.15%

I got something buggy on my laptop, and i want to recover my laptop to the first time i got the pc. And when i downloading the recovery manager i got a message : This softpaq wil nott be installed on this pc beacuse HP Recovery Manager cannot be found in this system. Any help ?

Your specs say, HP PC with Windows 8 x86, therefore not Pre-installed, HP Recovery Manager would only work on the old OS & not on the upgraded OS.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/24196-hp-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 45.15%

If there's here any user with a Hewlett-Packard PC that has preinstalled Windows 7 , maybe has notice that has some recovery tools, which are call "Recovery Manager" and is showed in the start menu. Inside the program there are many options, and two of them are which I need further information. (Sory but the interface is in Spanish, anywhere options are positioned in the same place of the English version... I think :s)

One of them (mark as number 1 in red) allows to restore the computer to its original factory condition. So what I figure out is that the program will format the hard drive and will install install everything from scratch. Am I rigth?
The other option (mark as number 2 in red) allows to delete the recovery partition. Is that recovery partition the same which is common name as FACTORY_IMAGE ?

If anyone KNOWS something about this, please give me a hand, thanks.

A:Need help with Recovery Manager

Unless it gives you a further option for Non-Destructive Recovery which saves your files, a Factory Recovery will wipe the HD first before putting it back to factory condition.

It can also be run from boot by tapping the F11 key at bootup.

Make the Recovery Disk set from within that Windows7 utility now so you have another option, or can then consider wiping the Recovery partition although having it as another backup is probably wise with a Win7 computer.

Many tech enthusiasts find a clean-copy retail installer for their version to clean reinstall without the factory bloatware, using the Product Key on COA sticker on machine. In that case, you can wipe the HD before reinstalling, but make the Recovery disks first as sometimes the maker requires factory install to service hardware warranty.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/109317-need-help-recovery-manager.html