Windows Support Forum

Key board lock up

Q: Key board lock up

Hello

I recently installed a program that must have messed something up because after trying to run it, it would just lock up my PC. So after getting tick off I just uninstalled it thinking every thing would now be fine. It was not okay. A little later I tried adjusting the volume using my keyboard button and all of a sudden my keyboard and mouse would stop working. I can move the mouse but it seems that I can?t click on any thing. After I reboot it all works fine until I forget and try to use the shortcuts on my keyboard

any body have any suggestion on how to fix this so I can use my keyboard shortcuts with out it just locking?

thanks

-Bigdog889

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Key board lock up

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Key board lock up

Hi there..

what program did you install that caused the problems?

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers for both your keyboard and mouse...or better yet, uninstall the devices in the Device Manager then reboot and let Windows install the software again :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/key-board-lock-up-109721.html
Relevancy 47.3%

what to do when a dell latitude d630 laptop is not on but cap lock, num lock and scroll lock is on and i'e tried to check the VGA and the processor

A:Dell latitude d630 laptop is not on but cap lock, num lock and the scroll lock is on

Are they on solid, or are all three LEDs flashing?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994256
Relevancy 46.44%

For some time now, i have been experiencing that my Num Lock, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock all lights up (not blinking) all at the same time, I tried to google it but i can not find any solutions or explanations for it.

Does anyone know if it is bad? and what is causing this?

I am having a wired keyboard with nothing fancy just a standard issue Logitech keyboard.

A:Num Lock, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock all lights up (not blinking)

Can you toggle those functions off, one at a time? Sometimes restarting the computer will use the last state it was in, I'd fully shut down and pull the power cord from the computer and the keyboard cable then put them back and try again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/346865-num-lock-caps-lock-scroll-lock-all-lights-up-not-blinking.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

how to disable Caps lock, num lock, scroll lock screen messages?

I have desktop pc with two keyboards usb and bluetooth. Also TOSHIBA Bluetooth Stack software, but in device manager: keyboard > hid keyboard device both using microsoft drivers. And I dont have any software installed for keyboards. Also bluetooth has separate system tray indications (it is also disabled) so its not that. I made some googling and found other fix it with Hkey_Local_Machine\Software\Widcomm\BTConfig\General KeyIndication set to 0, but I dont have it in registry. Acualy I dont have anywhere in registry KeyIndication. So any ideas how to disable it? Thanks

A:Caps lock, num lock, scroll lock screen messages

Hi,

You'll find that the messages are controlled by a piece of software that came pre-installed on your machine when you bought it. Try looking for a Hotkey managing app to see if the notifications can be disabled.

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/153296-caps-lock-num-lock-scroll-lock-screen-messages.html
Relevancy 43.86%

amd xp (Long get issue?)....before Thread) call new I a fix ideas(power/board for Last board palomino on a ga- vt winxp sp i upgraded video ram in my computer and now i can t even get the old what was replaced stuff to work here s a few things to list install new vid card update drivers settings reboot no picture to monitor unistall reinstall card boot and monitor has picture install another gig of ram boot no picture take new ram out boot no picture take new card out put new card in boot no picture take new card out Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) put old card in boot no Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) picture take all memory out try known good stick in all slots boot and no picture put all back in boot no picture turn power on and watch the led fans run on my lb paper weight it s a never ending combination that i ve tried here and i cannot get a picture on this monitor i ve swapped monitors around and all are good i ve put components from this computer into another computer and they all worked something is not letting this thing boot up i get no picture to the screen and no beeps sounds or anything else i turn the computer on and you hear the fans hard drives and burners powering up and everything but there is no picture going to the monitor it sounded like bad memory because i ran into a case of that before but all the components still work when placed into the other computer my last guess is the board has gone sour i was reading other posts and people have mentioned the power supply but where do i check that at it s a codegen w ps came with the case which was also made by gigabyte i m assuming since it is stamped all over the place if i can t find help with that problem then how about some suggestions for a new board since my options have opened up some because i ve been told my pc sticks will work on board that are rated below that they just have to be able to take gb per slot here s the components - amd xp palomino socket a - maxtor gb hd - maxtor gb hd - x dl dvd r rw drive - x x cd r rw drive - floppy drive - mb ddr pci nvidia geforce mx - mb savageIII agp will probably be placed in storage - gb pc mhz ddr sdram - mb pc mhz ddr sdram i m leaning toward an asus board but the abit s are cheaper and i won t be asking a lot out of the computer except reliabilty sorry for the long thread but i can t think of anything else that would be wrong except board or power supply tia for your help - tag nbsp

A:Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/last-call-for-fix-ideas-power-board-issue-before-i-get-a-new-board-long-thread.423093/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello All I ve been having this issue while playing on Asus P4P800S-X Sound On-Board Board games lately I just got an Intel Ghz Prescott with Gig of DDR ram and I m now using an ATI Radeon by Sapphire MB DDR I dont have a sound card so I m using the one on-board that comes with On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board the Asus P P S-X motherboard SoundMax While im playing a game after a reboot everything is fine for about a minute then the video starts lagging and lagging and getting worse and worse Its like it locks up more and more and the sound cuts alot To the point that its not even close to being fun playing anymore The game On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board im playing is Guild Wars which requires alot less than I have I also talk on Skype at the same time and when I m fighting or more guys I cant even hear anything on Skype I have a mbps connection on cable And this is with the game graphics at the lowest Now get this If I disable the audio in the Bios and load up the game with full graphics smooth nice game play I ve tested playing a long time and its perfect with no lag at all Now I m guessing that is pretty conclusive Should I get a Sound Blaster Live or could it still be something else Conflicts Im also running windows xp sp Thanks for taking the time XeroVariX -- lt SYSTEM CONFIGURATION gt -- On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board CPU Pentium GHz Mhz FSB MEMORY Gig DDR RAM MOTHERBOARD Asus P P S-X Intel Chipset Mhz FSB CASE Watt Power Supply VIDEO CARD Sapphire ATI Radeon MB DDR AGP HARD DRIVE Quantum Fireball GIG RPM ND HARD DRIVE Western Digital GIG RPM DVD-R DRIVE LG X DVD Burner SOUND CARD SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio NETWORK CARD On-Board Realtek RTL Family PCI MONITOR Viewsonic quot M B KEYBOARD Key PS MOUSE Logitech MX Optical Mouse USB CONNECTION Mbit Cable OS Windows XP Pro Service Pack nbsp

A:On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board

Have you loaded the motherboard makers sound chip drivers, or is it just limping along on the default Windows drivers? Might make a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-on-asus-p4p800s-x-board.419647/
Relevancy 40.85%

ok bought a barebones pc of ebay Came with a pc chips board wouldnt post reset jumpers and after a week of trying to get it to work finally said it was ead and went and bought a MSI KT board thinking this will fix problem installed cpu and heat sink installed board into case and installed stick of pc turned it on but same thing happened as before board to msi board..same chips from problem pc with pc chips board fans on cpu and vga card from pc chips board to msi board..same problem spin but just a black screen rset jumpers to clear and reset back tried again still wouldnt boot checked to make sure it board wasnt touching case and shorting from pc chips board to msi board..same problem out but everything seems to be good there theres no beep codes same as with pc chips board KT board comes with a pci slot attachment with usb and led error light when i start pc the light stay on red In manual it says that means cpu is not installed correctly from pc chips board to msi board..same problem or either it is damages reseated cpu and used some artic silver but still same thing and led light stay red im thinking there was nothing wrong with pc chips board just like theres nothing wrong with msi board Could it be the power supply It has a cheap power supply HERCULES is the name on it it weighs almost nothing Ive tried different stick of memory and vga card only things that are comman with problem cpu a AMD Athlon XP mhz and this cheap power supply The problem has to be with either the cpu or power supply thats what im thinking nbsp

A:from pc chips board to msi board..same problem

If ur not posting and considering what u've done coupled with the MSI diagnostics it is very likely there is a problem with this cpu.
You need to get a hold of another compatible AMD cpu just to see if u can post, from there u can confront the ebay seller for any restitution ovr the cpu if there was any kind of guarantee offered at all with the purchased items.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-pc-chips-board-to-msi-board-same-problem.242873/
Relevancy 40.85%

My Toshiba satellite c650d seems to have power...the on button is green. The screen is black, the numbers and caps lock lights are on and wont go off. The disk drive makes the usual booting up noise but that is all she does. Ive unplugged and removed the battery and that did nothing. I cant even turn it off with the on/off button to remove that battery and then turn it on again. I removed and reinserted the memory (both) and I can't take the hard drive out, its held in by a screw. Is my "friend" dead?

A:toshiba satelite c650d caps lock light, number lock is on an

If, as it sounds, it is booting up but not ever displaying anything on the screen, check the cable between the motherboard and the screen. It might just be one of the connectors (at either end) has worked loose. With the computer well booted up, move the screen gently down to nearly closed. If you ever see anything on the screen then it could be the cable is faulty where it hinges.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/toshiba-satelite-c650d-caps-lock-light-number-lock-is-on-an/1496.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I went into Ease of access center, Make the keyboard easier to use, and turned on toggle keys to make sounds when I hit these keys - Caps lock, Num Lock and Scroll Lock - but I get no sound when I hit any of these keys. What is the problem?

A:toggles keys selected to make sounds for Caps Lock, Num Lock

is the system volume up

Check Toggle Keys and hit apply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/339887/toggles-keys-selected-to-make-sounds-for-caps-lock-num-lock/
Relevancy 40.42%

Not a techie.  Can't get straight answer ANYWHERE.  New laptops tend to NOT have indicators on the keys.  Hoping Windows 10 has indicators that can be turned on and PROBABLY would show up in the tray at the bottom right of the screen. 
I have heard of sites where such things can be downloaded but again NOT a techie, so I hesitate to go outside of Windows/Microsoft for downloads.  I do not know what download sites are safe or spoofs.

Please plain English ... i.e. go to settings etc.  Or just give me a Microsoft approved site for download.
Dez/MJD

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/200fc460-641e-495a-82c9-963752076918/windows-10-asus-laptop-want-caps-lock-and-num-lock-indicators?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 40.42%

My friends dv7-1135nr is not posting. The num lock and caps lock led light will flash once every 2 seconds at the same time. According to HP this issue is a " not functional" cpu. I am ordering another cpu for 16.00 off ebay because this is cheaper opposed to ordering another board. Anyone else have this issue? And if so did you fix it ?

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi new to these forums hope I don't break any rules or anything here My laptop is a Sony Vaio - Model SVE R L Product name SVE CXB Pre-loaded with Windows x Intel R Core i - M CPU GHz GB RAM w GB HDD space Purchased in Navy Exchange last year around July I have dropped it once or twice from at most a ft fall inside a padded case I mostly use my computer for school work some gaming extensive video photo editing internet browsing I've installed some debatable programs but have been installed long ago Most of my programs included Microsoft Office Adobe suite Steam iTunes uTorrent Cursor/num/cap Screen Windows Lock work lock Stuck, 8 McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Winrar VLC etc But are now gone due to the refresh I had just done last week for prior problems but still experience problems I recently been Windows 8 Lock Screen Stuck, Cursor/num/cap lock work having issues with my computer where it just won't respond at all Like today I had it working for a few hours but then went out and left my laptop on the lock screen and came back to it Windows 8 Lock Screen Stuck, Cursor/num/cap lock work being completely stuck Completely stuck as in no keys or clicks would unlock the screen to the login prompt However my cursor was fully able to move around the screen and my caps num lock buttons work as they display the lights enabling disabling them The time when it was stuck was pm but the clock was stuck on But on the bottom of the front of the laptop the HDD orange light is not lit up at all which I believe suggest that the HDD is not reading properly reading Oddly enough when I unplugged the power cord the HDD light flickered a little then disappeared still no response - could be related to the PSU I suppose Another problem I faced before was the Windows update failure resulting in reverted changes etc I also had problems in the first few months of owning this but found it was the incompatibility of an old antivirus that I guess didn't work too well with Win causing me to have to do a full wipe before That was long ago Moreover the problems I have been experiencing have been unresponsiveness from what I believe are the fast boot Win provides but I turned that off issues with Win not being able to load drivers from sleep mode upon opening the laptop turned off automatic sleep and now with the lock screen being stuck I know my problems aren't detailed but maybe these problems are linked to a bigger similar problem that people have been facing My last bet would be to do a full factory restore repair although I don't have a Windows boot CD Thanks for your time

A:Windows 8 Lock Screen Stuck, Cursor/num/cap lock work

Sounds like one too many drops killed the computer. You may get lucky and find a local mom & pop shop that will fix it cheaper then Sony.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/50498-windows-8-lock-screen-stuck-cursor-num-cap-lock-work.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi My errors are a freezing cursor - dead mouse on every other reboot and With file transfers from one HDD to another I will frequently get a system lockup of Windows forcing me Windows to and Transfering HDD on Lock-Up boot) (not HDD. Files there Mouse Lock-Up to reboot hard reboot My System is CLEAN of viri and trojan as wella s spyware I Have WinXP Pro Sp Running Zone Alarm Pro v Eset NOD v Webroot Spysweeper for coookies and alt scans Spyware Doctor v resident and Trojan Hunter v Mouse Lock-Up (not there on boot) and Windows Lock-Up Transfering Files HDD to HDD. also resident on boot I am also booting and browsing with Pop-Up Stopper Pro My Hardware Abit NF -S rev Athlon Barton core Best OCZ Mhz RAM - Gb in dual channel Audigy Pro for sound Latest drivers for all quot to best of my knowledge quot Any Helpers More on Mouse Lock-Up (not there on boot) and Windows Lock-Up Transfering Files HDD to HDD. the file tranfer lock-ups The two other drives are Seagate drives and identicle They're Gb each I have not reformated them since my last Windows reinstall - they were detected right off Could be Windows isnt seeing those drives for what they are Even worse a bus problem Thank you in advance

A:Mouse Lock-Up (not there on boot) and Windows Lock-Up Transfering Files HDD to HDD.

have you tryed running safemode? is it the same?
run a chkdsk: start > My Computer > right click the drive u want to scan > properties > tools > error checking - Check Now > put tick in both boxes > click start > click to scedule on next boot > restart

see if it returns any errors or corrects this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-lock-up-not-there-on-boot-and-windows-lock-up-transfering-files-hdd-to-hdd-72456.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi friends,
I have windows xp sp2 on 80gb harddisk , mother board mercury make,intel processor now this mercury mother borad what i have donot support ddr2 RAM, i had moved harddisk to intel motherboard box.

i am able to detect harddisk and windows apologies to start safe , last good menu and start normally and command prompt appears, i tried all options but fail to start windows xp.

MY IDEA IS AFTER LOGGING INTO WINDOWS , LOAD INTEL MOTHER BOARD DRIVERS.
Pl. find me solution to loginto windows and resume work.
THANK YOU

Regards
Vinod

A:moved windows xp sp2 harddisk from mercury mother board to intel mother board

welcome
you cant use the same xp on another motherboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/moved-windows-xp-sp2-harddisk-from-mercury-mother-board-to-intel-mother-board-354286.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi. I recently bought a new R5-417T laptop, and in the process of personalisation found no intuitive way to disable the caps-lock or num-lock notifications. (Windows 10 btw)  ^Notification in question^ How would I go about disabling this? I've tried looking in the BIOS, in regedit and some mythical "Launch Manager" program bundled with older acer laptops that I can't find a working version for.

A:How to DISABLE Caps-lock and Num-lock screen notif...

Caps lock is thr Caps lock key.For Num lock try Fn and F11.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/How-to-DISABLE-Caps-lock-and-Num-lock-screen-notifications-on-my/td-p/419415/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 40.42%

I have an HP Pavilion Laptop that is about 2 years old. I usually keep it in Hibernate mode but last night I shut it down totally and this morning woke up and the Caps lock and Num lock keys are blinking. Any clues as to what the problem is? All led lights on top are lit. Screen does not come up at all. I am going to try the hard reset to see if that is the problem. Any ideas would help.

A:Hp Pavilion Blinking Caps Lock and Num Lock keys

Hi, Welcome to TSG forums!
You might try booting it into safe mode....while computer is booting, continously tap the F8 key. This should open it in safe mode. If it does, use the arrow keys to move up to 'last known good configuration' click on enter, let the machine do its thing.
Let us know how it goes
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-blinking-caps-lock-and-num-lock-keys.991267/
Relevancy 40.42%

ANyone have aclue how to get these working again  i did a clean install of windows and for the life of me can't get these to work I've installed all drivers from the drivers page with no luck

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/On-screen-display-caps-lock-num-lock-trackpad-enable-disable-not/td-p/3336868
Relevancy 40.42%

After installing windows 10 I no longer get the Caps Lock & Num Lock hot key indication on the screen for my Think Pad E550. 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Hot Keys for Caps lock/Num lock indicator dont wor...

Hi DBooker,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums!

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the hotkeys from the device manager.

Please let me know whether the above step helped you.            
Thank you, have a good day.

Did someone help you today? Click on the ?upper half star? at the left side of the post to thank them with a Kudo!

Regards,
Naveen.v

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Hot-Keys-for-Caps-lock-Num-lock-indicator-dont-work/td-p/2236874
Relevancy 40.42%

I went to get my HP dv Pavilion laptop after work tonight to check email and i opened it up and moved around the mouse to wake it up the lights on they keyboard all came on as Caps blinking and and not... Scroll/Num battery LED's Lock Lock if it were starting but the screen stayed black I waited a few minutes because sometimes it's been known to take a few seconds to actually kick on but nothing happened Scroll/Num Lock and Caps Lock LED's blinking and battery not... so I forced shutdown by holding Scroll/Num Lock and Caps Lock LED's blinking and battery not... the power button Turned it back on and the screen came on with a your system didn't shut down properly error screen but it still started but now the Caps Lock and Scroll keys had blinking lights on the side and top blinking together about every second I tried tapping the buttons and nothing happened What caused this and how can i get rid of the blinking I've read from doing a google search that shutting down taking the battery out and unplugging from the A C adapter and holding the power button for seconds takes care of the problem but I would like to make sure that is safe before trying as this is a fairly new laptop just got it at Christmas time I'm running Windows if that makes a difference nbsp would also like to add that I just noticed that my little batter icon says it is plugged in but not charging it's sitting at this is a brand new ac adapter that I just got last week so I hope it's not that Thank you for any help you can give me and sorry if this isn't the right forum it seemed to be the best fit

A:Scroll/Num Lock and Caps Lock LED's blinking and battery not...

In order to help you further, could you please provide us with more information about your computer? Please post the specific model number or the (PN - Part Number) from the white tag on your computer. This will help us locate drivers and identify correct parts for your specific model. Make sure you've got the latest HP system BIOS installed.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Scroll-Num-Lock-and-Caps-Lock-LED-s-blinking-and-battery-not/td-p/303391
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a Vista home premium Thirty Two bit on a HP DV Six Thousand laptop.
A few days ago, I have no idea how, but the scroll lock has been turned on. This is also the num lock key. so now my down and right arrows don't work and neither do my number keys, except numbers 6 and 5. Please help. The signs that are doubled up with the number keys don't work either since the num ock is on. This is so frustrating. How can I turn this scroll lock / num lock key off?
Thanks in advance.

A:Unlock Scroll lock / Num lock keys on HP DV 6 Thousand

Welcome
How to Activate the Scroll Lock on an HP Pavilion DV6000 Laptop | eHow.com

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285862-unlock-scroll-lock-num-lock-keys-hp-dv-6-thousand.html
Relevancy 40.42%

How do I get rid of the gray lock beside the irs.gov website and turn it into a green lock?
There are many websites referenced to tell one what the gray lock means, but none to tell you how to get rid of it.  Please help!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bc2ad542-9ddf-482d-83cc-373418c7f1c3/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-gray-lock-beside-the-irsgov-website-and-turn-it-into-a-green-lock?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, i've been reading through an endless amount of forum threads to figure out how to remove this caps lock indicator and have not been able to fix my problem. It seems every solution in the control panel does not fit, and no matter how much i look in Registry Editor I can't find the right folders. I don't have the Widcomm folders.  This is what I have tried. 1. unchecking any caps lock indication in the control panel.2. Looking through Registry Editor to delete/rename/alter files.3. Deleting and re-installing Lenovo Energy Manager. How is this problem fixed for me?  I am running windows 10, and a rather new Lenovo Y50 laptop

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Remove-Caps-lock-Num-lock-indicator-Lenovo-y50-Laptop/td-p/3352479
Relevancy 40.42%

Good afternoon,

I just did a clean install of 7 to fix errors with my laptop, and it fixed one, but not the other main issues,
My caps lock, and number lock button on the keyboard don't have a light on it and the pop up that is supposed to pop up doesn't show up on screen.
I figured by doing a clean install it would all magically appear again... I was wrong, I have tweaked everything I could think of looking/trying to change setting from the keyboard in control panel, (including messing around with ease of use) and Gateways so called "support" area was of no help, as well as googling the issue has led me down a path of useless tips, I have also looked on this forum for help.

Any help in this area would be GREATLY appreciated!!

A:Caps Lock/Num Lock, on screen pop up gone Gateway NV77

Ok, I have a problem I have set up the sound, and it does not play a sound.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340787-caps-lock-num-lock-screen-pop-up-gone-gateway-nv77.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have an Athlon 650, 512 MB PC running Windows 2000 server edition running Internet Connection Sharing (for cable modem), and IIS 5.0 for several web sites. I also use it as a file server. I usually leave it just sitting there and just update things every once in a while. I don't even have a monitor hooked to it. Should I hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and click the "lock computer" or log out? Would this make it more secure somehow to hacks? I haven't had any problems yet, but I just want it secure as possible.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,

Cory

A:Win2K server - ICS, IIS, etc... - should I lock the PC - CTRL-ALT-DEL -Lock computer?

According to what microsoft says, Yes, it will provide an added layer of security.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2k-server-ics-iis-etc-should-i-lock-the-pc-ctrl-alt-del-lock-computer.50944/
Relevancy 40.42%

†† Hi,I have an inspiron 9400 that has been having some issues lately.† As of right now, when I push the power button, the power light comes on but it does not boot or even post.† The Num lock stays on and the caps lock and scroll lock lights blink for about 40 seconds then the whole thing shuts off.† This can obviously be only a few things but, how to I figure out what those blinking lights mean.† I have search dell support but have found nothing.† Any help is greatly appreciated.†Thanks†

A:blinking Caps lock and Scroll lock/ no boot up

Try reseating your RAM securely in their slots.† I have read that blinking of any of the lock indicators is a sign of memory failure.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/18956826
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi im using a Packard Bell butterfly touch and until recently this had been my linux machine with my full size laptop running windows however with windows I decided id utilize the touchscreen on this machine and have a swap around Replaced Ubuntu with Windows fine however now on some of my keys the fn key is reversed Ive included a picture to show which keys The keys affected imply that number lock is on however it is not and i have ensured so using registry editor Button number scroll fn lock/ lock) Reversed (not stick keys is not on either Any help much appreciated as this is driving me mad and makes typing very awkward cheers kez Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU U GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express fn Button Reversed (not number lock/ scroll lock) Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Packard Bell SJM -MS-CAP Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fn-button-reversed-not-number-lock-scroll-lock.1077417/
Relevancy 40.42%

Caps lock and scroll lock blinking, will not boot up 

A:caps lock and scroll lock blinking, will not boot up

Hi, Can you match the sequence of 'blinks' to those shown in the table below.  Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information. Regards, DP-K 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/caps-lock-and-scroll-lock-blinking-will-not-boot-up/td-p/2928605
Relevancy 40.42%

Hiii there, I have just locked my personal folder through Priyan's lock but unable to unlock it again. An icon of Control panel is being shown instead of default icon. and when I am opening it, control panel window is shown. What to do? ***email removed*** It will be a great help as this folder contain very important personal documents. Please reply asap.

Relevancy 39.56%

When you choose lock the taskbar it does stop you from resizing sections of it but it doesn't stop you from doing other things like re-arranging icons in the quicklaunch folder Is doesn't it, how can the lock "Lock truly it? really I lock Taskbar" there any way I can lock the icon layout in quicklaunch "Lock the Taskbar" doesn't really lock it, how can I truly lock it? Sometimes I might accidentally drop something in there when I meant to be dragging it to do an quot open with quot or I might accidentally click as I'm moving my mouse over the icons and it drags an icon to a different position and I have to figure out where to drag it back to and in the most bizarre Windows feature ever if I then shutdown and startup despite having moved that icon back to it's original position after startup it'll be back to the wrong position that it only spent seconds being in by mistake Currently I just have a screenshot of my icons and have to use that as reference to keep them in the places I want them Example imgur com UjltgAh

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/401635-lock-taskbar-doesnt-really-lock-how-can-i-truly-lock.html
Relevancy 39.56%

When you choose lock the taskbar it does stop you from resizing sections of it but it doesn't stop you from doing other things like re-arranging icons in the quicklaunch folder Is there any way I can lock the icon layout in quicklaunch Sometimes I might accidentally drop something in there when I meant to be dragging it to do an quot open with quot or I really truly the I "Lock lock can Taskbar" how lock doesn't it, it? might accidentally click as I'm moving my mouse over the icons and it drags an icon to a different position and I have to figure out where to drag it back to and in the most bizarre Windows feature ever if I then shutdown and startup despite having moved that icon back to it's original position after startup it'll be back to the wrong position that it only spent seconds being in by mistake Currently I "Lock the Taskbar" doesn't really lock it, how can I truly lock it? just have a screenshot of my icons and have to use that as reference to keep "Lock the Taskbar" doesn't really lock it, how can I truly lock it? them in the places I want them Example imgur com UjltgAh

A:"Lock the Taskbar" doesn't really lock it, how can I truly lock it?

This seems like it will do what you want if the bottom icon is considered the thumbnail but I think they mean the aero peek thumbnail.
http://rammichael.com/7-taskbar-tweaker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401635-lock-taskbar-doesnt-really-lock-how-can-i-truly-lock.html
Relevancy 39.56%

--

Hello.

I need a mouse lock / pointer lock button on my website like this one called Interactive Example in the link.
Work only in FF or chrome.

http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/pointerlock/intro/

I can't find the script in the web page so maybe you can find it?
Or can anybody tell me how to get a Mouse lock / pointer lock script that generate the mouse coordinate view?

Regards MagI
--

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-lock-pointer-lock-button.1097027/
Relevancy 39.56%

I need help I will explain when I believe the problem began I Had windows xp running with harddrives and a Cdrom drive My CdRom drive began to give me problems so I was going to swap it with one from one of my other computers At the same time I wanted to change the way I had all my drives connected I had originally had the gig drive as a all Caps Scroll Lock up!!?? lit NumLock Lock & Primary Master with a smaller drive acting as the Slave I also had the Cdrom as Master Secondary drive and a smaller drive attached as the Slave Now everthing was running NumLock Caps Lock & Scroll Lock all lit up!!?? fine exept that my cdrom drive would read the discs only if it would start up with the disk in the drive If I tried to change it windows would ask me to place a disk in the F drive when there already was one I thought to replace the CdRom drive with another working device while at the same time I decided to change up my Connections I took the quot new quot cd rom drive and made it Slave Primary to the Master Gig drive then I took the two smaller drives and put them together as sencondary devices when I tried to turn on the computer all that happens is as soon as I touch the power my lights on my keyboard come on Num Lock Caps Lock and Scroll Lock I know the drive is turning on because I can feel amp here it wirr I tried taking everything off except for the gig drive and I still got the same problem Later on I noticed that there are a bunch of smaller connections that come from the front of my computer power sleep and reset buttons I saw that of these switches was not connected It may have already have been that way or not Im not sure I read the words on the cable and they say Sleep so I dont think that this could be the case If it is I need to know where it is supposed to connect to If not can somebody please give me a website or some info on what I can do Thank I apprecciate your patience in reading my long message nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Ok I've been suffering this issue with Windows for as long as I can remember and it's stopping me using it as the primary OS In short I have two intermittent issues which nothing I do seems to resolve After waking up from sleep and typing my username Being tortured lock lock absolutely screen ups...please help! by password and hitting return the screen goes black Cursor moves Windows P operates Screen options do appear from the right but doesn't actually make any Being absolutely tortured by lock screen lock ups...please help! difference and I'm stuck having to hard reset because ctrl alt del doesn't work either This isn't an every time issue hence googling seems to fail miserably because all the examples are people getting it every time This for me is a in regularity Logging a user off occasionally sees the lock screen locking up Ironically Mouse moves and power button DOES work but Being absolutely tortured by lock screen lock ups...please help! that's all Being absolutely tortured by lock screen lock ups...please help! that works These issues are plaguing me and I just cannot fix them - endless googling has left me empty handed and I've tried disabling SLI No help I've tried disabling apps No help Nothing I do makes any difference and event viewer doesn't seem to reveal anything useful either Anyone got any idea how I can resolve this System is GB SSD OCZ TB Seagate HDD K x Ti SLI GB RAM Corsair Asus Z -A Windows amp Windows dual boot

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/56122-being-absolutely-tortured-lock-screen-lock-ups-please-help.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Dear team nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I have HP Probook s Laptop My laptop working fine But Caps lock light is not glowing I cant understand the if caps lock its on or off Kindly please provide the solution for this problem nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Thanking you nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lock lights lock glowing not Caps num and nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Caps lock and num lock lights not glowing nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp With regards nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp S Ajith nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Caps-lock-and-num-lock-lights-not-glowing/td-p/5820106
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello! Recently, I turned on the on screen indicators for caps and num lock by accident when trying to get the pop-up window to stop opening every time I hit one of the buttons. Now I don't know how to disable it, and it's a pain while playing games. Solutions tried:Going to preference, there is no "On-Screen Display Tab"Going to run the regedit. Any help would be appreciated!

Solved!

Go to Solution.

A:Y50 Remove Caps lock/Num lock indicator?

hi Vilvern,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

AFAIK,
  If the system does not have CAPS OSD under Control Panel / Uninstall a Program to uninstall
You will need to Uninstall the Lenovo Energy managemenr Under the Programs / Uninstall a program.

Regards
Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-Remove-Caps-lock-Num-lock-indicator/td-p/1627994
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello All,
I am talking about an encryption software that can lock folders and files on windows XP. The version is Folder Lock 6.1.7.

I want to know if it is possible to lock files currently being downloaded from my browser (i.e. Can my browser access the files and add parts to them and at the same time, can the files be protected?)

Thank you

A:Folder Lock 6.1.7 - trying to lock downloading files

You might be able to find a browser add-on, but I personally haven't heard of anything you can use. You need the files on the computer before you can encrypt them.

Before you decide to use a program like Folder Lock, I would suggest you search this site for "folder lock" threads and read about all the people who have lost files with that program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-lock-6-1-7-trying-to-lock-downloading-files.820944/
Relevancy 37.84%

I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1, but it reset my custom lock screen image.  I tried re-applying it but the lock
screen preview in the settings is stuck on a load loop.  Does anyone know why that is and why it won't set my custom image as the new lock screen image?
i can't find the  C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Systemdata, folder,
in my laptop
how to get default lock screen images in 8.1? plz help me..

A:Lock Screen Custom Image Stuck on Load for Windows 8.1, (Can't see the default lock screen images)

Please take a look at this link and it should solve your problem.
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/29621-start-screen-set-default-background-image-windows-8-1-a.html

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/686a7601-7dc5-48d1-8cc4-9256deefeaa4/lock-screen-custom-image-stuck-on-load-for-windows-81-cant-see-the-default-lock-screen-images?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 37.84%

When I hit the power on button on my computer, it takes anywhere from five minutes to eight hours to start up. While starting up, and while running, the CAPS lock and NUM lock lights flash once about every 2.75 seconds.

I looked up the HP error codes, one flash is supposed to signify a CPU problem...but I can run Half-life 2, WoW, Runes of Magic, and 8 track Guitar Pro 5 files just fine. So I figure my CPU's (AMD Turion x2 dual core @ 2.0 Ghz) got nothing wrong with it.

I've spoken to HP support, they told me to reimage my computer to factory settings...I've done that, twice....flashed the BIOS...and tried running startup repair....any hints?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-dv7-num-lock-and-caps-lock-flashing-437528.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My notebook caps lock and num lock blinking 3 times, restart and blinking continuously

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Caps-lock-and-num-lock-blinking/td-p/5663192
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi! So, I've upgraded to Windows 8 RTM this weekend and I'm having this problem: Every time I boot the PC (shutdown or restart), the Num Lock key is off. Since my password uses numbers, and I'm pretty used to type it with Num Lock, I'd like to keep it always on. It was fine on Windows 7. Now, I've searched for it, and there is the "InitialKeyboardIndicators" key on regedit. I have changed values for all of them to "2", and it didn't work. My BIOS say to keep it always on. Is there anything else that I'm missing?

A:Num Lock always activated on lock screen

Netplwiz, or tap num lock before starting password entry.

Besides those, you can check to make sure keyboard is plugged in directly to motherboard instead of add-on card or something.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/8813-num-lock-always-activated-lock-screen.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello, i had problem. My Num lock and caps lock indicator didnt appear at desktop windows 7 ultimate. I already uninstall Energy Management and re install back, but didnt work. But for any hotkey like volume, brightness, FN + F 1 until F 12 WORK good. And for information, i dont have TAB on screen display (control panel - display - change display settings - advanced setting - ) Please help me with this problem. I already stuck with problem. thank u

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Please-Help-My-Num-Lock-Caps-Lock-Lenovo-G-480-Didnt-appear-in/td-p/3445442
Relevancy 37.84%

I am using Folder Lock and am TRYING to Password protect my files documents on a CD I am using Windows I have managed to get Folder Lock a Lock lock Folder to 5.8.0 CD Solved: onto the disk and password protected the locker I thought I made the disk on my main desktop took the disk to my laptop which also runs Windows and everything seemed Solved: Folder Lock 5.8.0 to lock a CD to work fine Next I took the disk to an older desktop that I have with Windows XP on Solved: Folder Lock 5.8.0 to lock a CD it I thought it was fine at first but after playing around a bit I changed the properties of the folder to quot show hidden items quot With that option you can quot see quot the locker BEFORE you have to put the password in and it will open for the documents files to be seen What am I doing wrong Anyone with the least bit of computer knowledge could view my files if they got their hands on the CD Is there a quot better quot way to accomplish what I am trying to do Thank you kelly nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

Caps lock and Num lock reversed

On my new Gateway ML6720, the caps lock and num lock are OFF, but my caps lock and num lock lights are on. And vice versa. I don't remember it being that way this morning when I first turned it on.

Why are the lights reversed from what I expected?

Thanks.

A:Caps lock and Num lock issue

Since it is New, I would call Gateway. They will have knowledge if this is a problem with the ML6720 model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/caps-lock-and-num-lock-issue.94604/
Relevancy 36.98%

Trying to figure out if this is a problem with the lock or the port any advice or help appreciated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992135
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello guys I own a Y50-70,When i press caps lock or numlock while i'm on a game, the "caps lock is on/off" alert minimalize the games. It's so annoying whenever i try to write capital letters or accidently press the caps lock instead of the LSHIFT or TAB, the game minimalize and causes me to die etc. Btw there is no On-Screen Display tab in the display settings.Sorry for my bad English, i tried my best. Thanks in advance:<Good days.?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Caps-Lock-and-Num-Lock/td-p/3391339
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi,

I am sure that everyone knows that you can lock your account in XP, blah, blah.

But if I am doing something important, I don't want other administrators to be able to log me off!

Is there a registry key/local poicy/other solution so that only I can unlock my account when I lock it?

Danny

A:Lock my account - no - really - LOCK

Not that I know of. Do you really have problems with other administrators logging you off? I'd address that issue on a people to people basis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lock-my-account-no-really-lock.568326/
Relevancy 34.4%

Unable to release quot Caps Lock quot in Windows Only With quot Shift quot key HELP please I recently had a power serge that frying of my internal TB sata hard-drives After removing it and running some test to see if everything was ok other then that drive I noticed my Caps Lock key was freezing on I tried swapping it with another USB keyboard still the same problems then I tried swapping it with a PS keyboard still the same Lock Caps key Caps Solved: with Releasing Lock not issues I can release the caps by pressing ether SHIFT key I m Currently running Windows Vista Ultimate bit Valid gb Ram TB of Disk space Post a comment if more info is needed But I think this is more then enough info to help answer the question I would really like to not have to press SHIFT every time to release the Solved: Caps Lock not Releasing with Caps Lock key Caps Lock key Thank you if anyone can help this issue p s I ve tried reinstalling the drivers amp uninstalling from Device manager nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

So Dell made a really terrible 15 Series power 15 Can a board power board? a with Inspiron Dell Dell I Series Inspiron 5000 replace 7000 decision nbsp They have a transparent strip in the power button for an LED light to indicate if the power is on nbsp A power indicator is a given in any laptop no matter how cheap it is nbsp However Dell in all of it Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board? s genius decided to not include an LED bulb on laptops up to the Inspiron Series despite leaving a transparent slot for it nbsp Seriously what happened to this brand nbsp Do children make these laptops now I want to fix this as my laptop is no longer returnable and a power indicator is absolutely necessary nbsp So the only thing I can think of is replacing it with one from the Series somehow Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board? with some help probably This is a Dell Inspiron nbsp I also have an Inspiron nbsp Not sure which exact model I should get the part for Are they compatible Is there an easier way Like how Fn H turns on the hard drive indicator Thanks

A:Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board?

The systems use different case and mainboard designs -- and may even be made by different companies.  The answer in all likelihood is no.
I don't think Apple has produced a Macbook with a power indicator -- the PC vendors are playing follow Apple.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981673
Relevancy 30.53%

i built a computer with good specs... im very desprite so i cant type them up but it cost me over 3,000 dollars

its a athlon 3200XP+
asus motherboard
2 GB low latency corsair ram
500psu power supply
you know, all that good stuff

last night i was experminting with overclocking.. i did some voltage settings and it ran very fast, extreamly fast i liked it. well i got greedy and increaced some settings even higher and now IT ISNT BOOTING UP!!!! i cleared the cmos and everything i can think of.. im panicing out of my mind because
IM IN SO MUCH TOUBLE THIS ISNT MY COMPUTER!!

i tried different processors and ram
did i ruin the motherboard!!

any advice at all is helpfull!!!!

Relevancy 30.53%

okay for a while now i screwed my computer over and i burns it lol so i was useing my laptop ( i gave to my dad ) until i get a new comp. i hate typeing on the lap top key boards because i keep hiting the mouse my mistake and it jumps lines ( built in mouse ) and so i connected a USB kep board to it, now that when i un-plug the USB key board the original key board is F***ed like when i hit p its puts a - and its realy anoying and my dads going to be realy mad, can you help me fix it?

Relevancy 30.53%

hello i have recently upgraded my ram on my dfi lanparty 790fx dark mobo it has an amd 9550 phenom quad core processor 2.2ghz the ram i just put in it is dominator 1066 dual channel 2 gig sticks and after doing the computer now reads processor as 1.6ghz and me nor my room mate can figure out what the problem is so if anyone can please help

A:Not too sure if this is the right board but...

Did you chk the multiplier in bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-too-sure-if-this-is-the-right-board-but.114564/
Relevancy 30.53%

when typing on my key board certain keys produce a diffrent symbol from the one on the key .is there a diffrent setting or somthing i can change to coorect this.
cheers

Relevancy 30.53%

I have a very weird problem. My computer does not respond upon booting. It powers up but there is no response - the monitor stays in standby, the activity light on the CD-ROM stays ON, but in a multi-coloured manner and there's nothing I can do.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks as if power is coming to the M/Board from the PSU but not returning to the PSU to boot up the PC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-the-psu-or-the-m-board.917233/
Relevancy 30.53%

I am getting a Core i7 860 tomorrow. Also a Gigabyte P55-UD4P motherboard and some Mushkin 1600 RAM (7-8-7-20)

It should give me a couple of years of good use. (I hope)

Has anyone got a P55 setup yet. Anything bad or good you have heard about the platform.

I like to try new things. I could have got the i7 920 and a decent X58 board. that's boring. haha

I am hearing the i7 860 is right up there and even outperforms the 920 in some cases.

Anybody have any experience with Mushkin RAM? I was told to try it out. My friend seems to think I will be pleased with it.

I'm also wondering if anyone has a P55 board you have run into anything strange.

Thanks

A:Anyone have a P55 board set up yet?

I don't have one (yet) but I have only heard great things about the P55 chipset and especially the i7 860 processor. Be sure to let us know how it goes

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/25011-anyone-have-p55-board-set-up-yet.html
Relevancy 30.53%

eTrust anti-virus from CA inc is offering for FREE their ezArmor suite. ($49.95 value). Free updates for 1 year. This, IMHO, is a very good A/V and firewall program. Go HERE This is a CA and Microsoft offer. After 1 year, you pay only the renewal fee.

A:To all on the Board

Emtronics,

Thanks for this and all the good tips you give all year round.

Season Greeting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/to-all-on-the-board.185451/
Relevancy 30.53%

HI i was wondering if i could change the pc board in my laptop to an hp 688277-501 pc board.

A:need new pc board

Yes you could. Here is the Manual: Manual See p. 16. This would upgrade you from the E-300 processor to an E2-1800 which is a slight upgrade but still an upgrade. All other parts will be transferrable...memory heatsink wi-fi card etc.  If you need any more help post back If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/need-new-pc-board/td-p/5641079
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, i need a new board my computer is currently not working and it freezes at the motherboard screen ive done tons of tests and diganosed it to be the motherboard as the problem. (ive also posted about this a few weeks ago)

I need to get a replacement board thats cheap under 100 bucks pref if you can help thanks.

Motherboard That needs Replacing - MCP61PM-HM (Has AMD Processor in it)

Relevancy 30.53%

I have a gigabyte ga-m57sli-s4 and I was looking at going to an AM2+ processor at some point in the future. Have to figure out other problems first. I know the board will "work" with the newer AMDs but Gigabyte says:

(Note) If you install AMD AM2+ CPU on AM2 motherbord, the system bus speed will downgrade from HT3.0(5200MHz) to HT1.0(2000 MT/s) spec; however, the frequency of AM2+ CPU will not be impacted.

What does this mean exactly? Would a quad or tri with this impact act any better than my x2 5000 black (currently OC to 3.1). Do I need a newer board to run these in any way that will show gains.

I guess the main reason I'm asking is that Vista says my CPU has the lowest performance index of any of my parts. Like your thoughts. Thanks.

A:AM2+ in AM2 Board

It means that the HyperTransport link (the bus which connects the CPU to the rest of the system) will not be as fast as possible. I don't think it will bring a performance degradation on a desktop system though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am2-in-am2-board.108620/
Relevancy 30.53%
Q: board

Laptop under warranty, including accidental damage, until spring, 2016.  Sent it for repairs...blotches on screen and keyboard failure 4 days ago.  Received it back today, july 10, w/ a note claiming device contains "biohardous material" and cannot ever be repaired by HP due to health danger to support techs.  What the hell sort of biohazard can a computer contain?  I'm elderly, live alone, keep the device on a table by itself.  There is no radioactivity within hundreds of miles of here.  I have NO health issues which would constitute a biohazard: early cataract, mild depression, occasional insomnia, high blood pressure.   What constitutes a biohazard so dangerous that a tech's health might be endangered?  I'm on a fixed income and cannot afford another computer.  I am at a total loss.  Is this some scam to avoid honoring a warranty on a not-too-popular device?  Please advise.  Thanks!    

A:board

I bought an HP spectre 360 notebook and purchased an HP accidental damage plan waranty and 2 year Care Pack. This plan covers accidental liquid spills. It has no exlcusions based on the type of liquid spill. NONE.  THERE ARE NO STATED EXCLUSIONS FOR BIOHAZARDS IN THE POLICY ACCORDING TO HP. I was at a coffee shop, and a friend bumped the table and knocked over water, coffe and tea. It spilled all over my computer. There were many witnesses. 3 keys on the computer stopped working after this liquid spill. I contacted HP and they offered to send on site repair staff, but I couldn't take 6 hours off of work to wait for them to come. HP preffered for me to send in the computer anyhow. They confrimed the liquid spill of coffee. tea, and/or water is a covered event. They sent me a box and I mailed the computer back in to them. I took photos of the computer condition before shipping. It was dry on the outside and we had shaken out as much of the liquid as we could. I sent the computer in. When it got there, I immeidately got an email about a cracked LCD. It did not have a cracked LCD when I shipped it and it was well packed. I called them and they said someone would get back to me. I then got a text about an hour later stating my computer was being shipped back to me. I figured it had been repaired. They gave no info about the computer itself. I got the box on April 27th. There were no biohazardous or dangerous material labels on the outside of the box. I opened it and pulled out my computer. The inside of the box was wet. the computer was dripping with a whiteish brown liquid that smelled of coffee. I immeidately took pictures and emailed them to HP to tell them they shipped me back my broken computer, they need to fix it. I figured the liquid on it was some of the spilled liquid that had shaken out of the computer on shipment. The liquid had been all over my hands. It seemed like an awful lot of liquid. I had the photos to show I shipped them a computer that was dry on the outside. I called HP and they informed me they had assessed the computer and had determined there was a "dangerous biohazard" liquid on it and they could not repair it because the liquid posed a "safety and health risk" to their staff. I looked in the box and saw a soaked white piece of paper with "biohazard" checked off as a reason why they would not fix it. This alleged "biohazard" was all over the notice itself, and was all over my hands. I had a complete nevrous breakdown and had to get medical care. I called HP and they did research and determined their service center thought the white/brown liquid was "urine." HP further accused the coffee shop of selling us drinks with urine in it. I went to the health dept and had a friend who is a biochemist assess the situation. All agreeed it was coffee, not urine, and HP was making serious and very wong accusations they had no basis to make. All agreeed HP was trying to pull whatever they could to get out of a covered repair. I called HP again and they looked at their own photos and they agreeed there was an error made by the service center and they agreeed to re-assess the computer. They sent me a box to mail the computer back to them. That box arrived May 2nd and I sent in the computer documenting the condition of the computer throughly and sealing it up at the FedEx office. I did not put biohazard labels on it becaus emany witnesses and professionals had determined it was not a biohazard and never had been. HP signed for the computer on May 3rd. On May 4th, HP agreed to refund the full amount of the computer, and said they would send me a box to send the computer back to them in. I pointe dout that they already had the computer. They signed for it on May 3rd. HP wrote me on May 5th to tell me they had searche their records and they again claimed there been a biohazard and the computer was shipped back to me ... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/board/td-p/5145007
Relevancy 30.53%

I have 2 keys on my keyboard that don't respond when hit. They are the letter B & N. Any ideas on whats causing this? Tried using different key board
with same results

A:key board

try a system restore to a previous date when it was working fine...you may have added or removed software recently that corrupted your keyboard driver did you say you tried a USB keyboard too and it did not work or vice versa if your original keyboard is a USB keyboard,,,then did you try a PS2 Keyboard and it did not work either...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/key-board-452712.html
Relevancy 30.53%
Q: board

I nbsp bought an HP spectre notebook nbsp and purchased an HP nbsp accidental damage plan waranty and year Care Pack This plan covers accidental liquid spills nbsp It has no exlcusions based on the type of liquid spill NONE nbsp THERE ARE NO STATED EXCLUSIONS FOR BIOHAZARDS IN THE POLICY ACCORDING TO HP nbsp I was at a coffee shop and a friend bumped the table and knocked over water coffe and tea It spilled all over my computer There were many witnesses nbsp keys on the computer stopped working after this liquid spill I contacted HP and they offered to board send on site repair staff but I couldn't take hours off of work board to wait for them to come HP preffered for me to send in the computer anyhow They confrimed the liquid spill of coffee tea and or water is a covered board event nbsp They sent me a box and I mailed the computer back in to them I took photos of the computer condition before shipping It was dry on the outside and we had shaken out as much of the liquid as we could I sent the computer in When it got there I immeidately got an email about a cracked LCD It did not have a cracked LCD when I shipped it and it was well packed nbsp I called them and they said someone would get back to me nbsp I then got a text about an hour later stating my computer was being shipped back to me I figured it had been repaired They gave no info about the computer itself nbsp I got the box on April th There were no biohazardous or dangerous material labels on the outside of the box I opened it and pulled out my computer The inside of the box was wet the computer was dripping with a whiteish brown liquid that smelled of coffee nbsp I immeidately took pictures and emailed them to HP to tell them they shipped me back my broken computer they need to fix it I figured the liquid on it was some of the spilled liquid that had shaken out of the computer on shipment The liquid had been all over my hands It seemed like an awful lot of liquid I had the photos to show I shipped them a computer that was dry on the outside nbsp I called HP and they informed me they had assessed the computer and had determined nbsp there was a nbsp dangerous biohazard liquid on it and they could not repair it because the liquid posed a safety and health risk to their staff nbsp I looked in the box and saw a soaked white piece of paper with biohazard checked off as a reason why they would not fix it This alleged biohazard was all over the notice itself and was all over my hands nbsp I had a complete nevrous breakdown and had to get medical care nbsp I called HP and they did research and determined their service center thought the white brown liquid was urine HP further accused the coffee shop of selling us drinks with urine in it I went to the health dept and had a friend who is a biochemist assess the situation All agreeed it was coffee not urine and HP was making serious and very wong accusations they had no basis to make All agreeed HP was trying to pull whatever they could to get out of a covered repair I called HP again and they looked at their own photos and they agreeed there was an error made by the service center and they agreeed to re-assess the computer nbsp They sent me a box to mail the computer back to them That box arrived May nd and I sent in the computer documenting the condition of the computer throughly and sealing it up at the FedEx office I did not put biohazard labels on it becaus emany witnesses and professionals had determined it was not a biohazard and never had been nbsp HP signed for the computer on May rd On May th HP agreed to refund the full amount of the computer and said they would send me a box to send the computer back to them in I pointe dout that they already had the computer They signed for it on May rd HP wrote me on May th to tell me they had searche their records and nbsp they again claimed there nbsp been a biohazard and the computer was shipped back to me on April th They told me the case was closed and indicated nothing abou... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/board/td-p/5611850
Relevancy 30.53%

my board is an ecs l7vmm3, can any one help me if i can put an 512mb ddr400 memory into it? im currently using 2x256mb ddr333. i just couldn't found info on their site regarding that matter. thanks

A:help ddr on my ecs board

Go here and do a scan: http://www.crucial.com/
Crucial says VMM2 supports DDR400, but they don't have VMM3 on the list, I don't know if it finds info for that board with the automatic scan...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-ddr-on-my-ecs-board.775788/
Relevancy 30.53%

hellow getsi live in pakistan. i hv HP envy 15 - 3207tx model B8M39PA. some keys of my laptop do not function. mechenics say it should be replaced. i did not find any key board in peshawar,  islam abad and even in lahore. its key board No is 668834-001. kindly help me how can i get key board. thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/key-board/td-p/5781751
Relevancy 30.53%

The XPS 13 laptop has an LED board in it. The board plugs into the motherboard, but it's not really clear to me what's for. The board is pictured here, www.ebay.com/.../262105473513

A:What is the LED board for?

It holds the system LEDs -- charging, power, etc.  They're on the front edge of the palmrest in this model.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993164
Relevancy 30.53%

I bought a X 260 yesterday and now find when I type @ it actually types " and vice versa .Can some one help me to correct this

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Key-Board-on-X-260/td-p/3377902
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi techspotters it has come time to modify my old rig I m planning to upgrade the cpu without changing my motherboard but there is a slight risk involved that the purchase I am going to make is with CPU board AM3+ AM3 faul So back to basics My current MB M A TD PRO AM3 board with AM3+ CPU USB - link Current CPU Phenom t oc running ghz Current RAM EVOleggera x running underclocked mhz the one to upgrade to AMD FX -- So this is a basic operation a cpu swap but few questions popped up on the research phase M A TD is a AM board which apparently after some searching supports some of the FX series cpus that are AM I have also found the corresponding BIOS that I need to flash myself to to make it work properly and be recognized by the MB link Q amp A FX is known to support mhz RAM speeds my existing RAM runs max at without overclock and is placed x which occupies all slots and might confuse the FX which supports dualchannel as usual Meaning I will need to leave my RAM running at mhz how big will the reduce be in the performance of the CPU- mhz vs When setting up the proceccor I will need to disable the Turbocore to make it stable on the older AM board which only supports cpu speeds up to ghz and the fx on turbo bumps to ghz After disabling turbo all cores are set to run at which by research is the most stable option on my existing MB Will FX bottleneck gtx or gtx and how bad it is going to be Upgrading hardware is always nice but am I making bold move by upgrading a year old cpu to almost as old one And if someone with more knowledge can state me that there is no performance gain to be maid I just might stick with my old as long as its still breathing and calculating Thanks in advance for replys And no changing an motherboard is not an option So fond of my old rig best regards m nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am3-board-with-am3-cpu.214400/
Relevancy 30.53%

Is ti possible to use 5V power from molex to power up my on-board USB because i think there is something wrong with the power.I checked the cable connection couple of times and still the same message "Usb device has malfunction" when I connect device like my joystick to another USB it works fine.

A:On-board USB q?

You can try.. There is a good chance of smoke emerging though

You should start with making sure it's not a Windows/driver issue. Use a Linux CD and a USB mouse to test.

Connecting a stub usb cable and measuring the voltages coming out of the port is another thing you should do before going and breaking anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-usb-q.41033/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi guys! How can i identify the proper driver for my driver on my onboard agp vid accelerator... I recently formatted my computer and forgot to get the details of my driver.. now im having problems with my vid adpater... help please

A:On board AGP Vid RAM

Try PC Wizard - linked below on my sig. I don't know if it'll work on a driverless board. Also, you can look at your motherboard, locate the model number - look it up with google.com

its either Intel, Nvidia, ATI/AMD, VIA or SIS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-agp-vid-ram.685178/
Relevancy 30.53%

Epox 8K7A, refurbished or at least returned once, installed
in comp II and seems fine except for one thing. I can't get
it to read bootdisk from A. A drive is okay, so says screen.
Bios is navigable. Did I get a bad board?? Can anything
be done? Anyone ever seen this particular problem. Is Epox
a name to stick with or are they known for bad boards, i.e.
pcchips??

Not real pleased,
Eric

A:Bad Board??

Hi there,

Noooo, don't get rid of the Epox board. I have an Epox CU133A+ and it's fantastic and has been running brilliantly for over a year.

I had a similair problem once though. Tell me, is it just a boot disk it wont read or is it all floppies? Does it automatically ask if you'd like to format the disk?

If so, it sounds more like a processor fault unfortunately.

Also, I know this is a stupid question, but on boot up have you set your BIOS to try to boot from A: ? If not, do this or try boot from A only.

Write back and tell me your findings.

Thanks,

Peaker.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-board.82371/
Relevancy 30.53%

To start things off I would like to say hello to everyone on the board. My question that I ask of you is how can I get my print screen to work. I was just wondering if anyone knew any programs to get screen captures or shots while watching DVD of Windows Media Player. Now I tried to hit the print screen button and pass it to paint but it acts as if isnít anything there and gives me a black image where the DVD or media player was playing. I also down loaded the free print screen deluxe from download.com and it still didn't work. My last computer ran 98 and it worked fine, now that I have XP it wants to act stupid. Could you guys help me out if you can, it would be a big help.

Relevancy 30.53%

I am working on a new project and I have scoured the internet for AMD CPU's and boards for real cheap, and I mean CHEAP!

I think I have found the lowest price, but I wanted to see if you guys had anything, I am looking for the ABSOLUTE CHEAPEST AMD board and cpu you can find while keeping it over 1Ghz

Relevancy 30.53%

Just got my hands on a Rampage III and have to say it looks twice as nice in person. However there is one issue, this being the number of usb headers on the mainboard. Whilst I had read somewhere that it was lacking in this area, I didn't expect to get a threefold decrease in them! This means I will have to ditch two usb's on the front panel and my card reader. I feel this is a bit unforgivable on a board so expensive. I thought I might return it as it's unused and get another but trouble is almost all the top boards don't have the three that I need with most only having two (including the big bang xpower).

Could anyone suggest a top board with 3?

A:Top X58 board...

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD9 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 XL ATX Intel Motherboard

This is a hard call, because I am an ASUS fan. But I think you will love this board.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/130334-top-x58-board.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I posted an earlier question about "PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, Check Cable"
I've been intouch with HP who told me it was probably the Hard Drive & the MB but a local PC store says that both are unlikely to be down, he tried to connect to the HD using an adapter but he couldn't detect it. So it's most likely the HD. Before I go buying a new HD I read about a PCB Board for sale on Ebay that fixes 50% of bad drives. I'm not sure of the likelyhood of this working - could it really work? and is it easy to change whatever I have to change?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEAGATE-ST98082...ageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

Thanks.

Relevancy 30.53%

This may not be the right place to post this but its close enough.

I need microphone help.

For the past few months my microphone just hasn't been working online! I have no clue why and nobody seems to be able to help me.

Its not because its muted or anything like that. We had a mic and it used to work but one day it just didn't work anymore so I bought a new one and that doesn't work online either.

It works fine with sound recorder, and with any voice test things for any applications, but whenever I enter an online game to use it, it seems to just shut off and disappear completely. It works while msn is running but whenever I click "start an audio conversation" it shuts off.

I am starting to get very agrivated so if you could help me out I'd appreciate it.

-Flea

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/perhaps-not-the-right-board.178195/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a compaq computer that stopped booting up about six months ago after i ran the restore disks. When I took it to a shop to be checked he found that by moving the RAM card to the empty slot worked and the computer did fine but he warned he didnt know if it would stay that way.
My daughter had to run the disks again and now its doing the same thing. I was told that the problem seemed to be in the mother board. My question is ... can i take the Ram card out of that computer and put it in my IBM compatible to increase its memory ... or will there be stuff from the other computer stored on that so that i cant use it in another computer?
HELP HELP

A:RAM Board

turtle523
RAM (Random Access Memory) only stores information temporarily
while the computer it is installed in is running. When a computer is properly shut down one of the functions of shutdown is to write information from the vcache to your hard drive.
So no usable information is stored on the RAM card.
Swapping RAM cards from one PC to another is not recommended since there are many different configurations of RAM and RAM cards and the card you pulled from the down unit may not be compatible with your other PC. Before you attempt such a swap you should do more investigation on what type of card was in the Compaq and what type is used in the other PC. Motherboards can be very fussy.
Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-board.55788/
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm planning on upgrading my processor later on to a core 2 duo e6750. The thing is what motherboard should I get because right now I'm on a dell E510 and the current motherboard in my computer doesn't support core 2 duo processors.
What's a good motherboard that will fit and is not too pricey?

Thanks.

A:What board?

You are likely better off building a whole new pc, rather than try to upgrade a dell. You may run into problems and find out that only other dell parts will fit your case.

If you think that you may want to upgrade in the future then it is best to build your own pc and stay away from propriatary parts. This way you won't have to worry about adding a new psu, mobo, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-board.652384/
Relevancy 30.53%

what ram would be best for the dfi nf4 sli board?

ocz has ram made just for dfi but i dont know
http://www.ocztechnology.com/produc...pc_5000_dual_channel_platinum_dfi_nf4_special

or should i go with something like this
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_el_ddr_pc_3200_dual_channel_platinum_rev_2

A:ram for dfi nf4 board

nice to see that a mobo manufacturer besides ABIT is putting out the extra money to put the good japanese caps on their boards. The specs for the board says it only supports DDR 400. So does that mean it won't support a Clawhammer with 1GHz FSB? weird. Anyway if you have a 1GHz FSB you would need the PC5000. i still don't get it. Sorry I'm an Intel guy so I'm not really into AMD, but no one was answering your post so.......... I thought all the 939 socket AMD's were 1GHz FSB? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-for-dfi-nf4-board.25045/
Relevancy 30.53%

I need help in locating drivers for a 648 MAX MSI motherboard, and I also need help in locating drivers for the network card also. Its ethernet

any help would be appreciated, I have XP-home edition installed on the computer

A:648 Max MSI board

I guess this is your board.
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=648_Max-L&class=mb

You have a sis chipset, so you look for sis, xp, drivers for whatever device you want.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_list.php?part=1

I think the top driver here is for your lan.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_list.php?part=1&kind=2&CHIP=2&COM=16

I think the top one here is agp.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_list.php?part=1&kind=1&CHIP=1&COM=3

Or you can get drivers from sis.
http://www.sis.com/download/
Look that it's compatible with your motherboards chipset before you dl, it says your chipset on the link to your motherboard above.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/648-max-msi-board.29435/
Relevancy 30.53%

I hope you kind folks can help me with a keylogger that I ve picked up a few days ago and haven t been able to get rid of I have a log here from hijackthis that I think points out the problem But I have no idea how to get rid of it Any help would be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Norton Internet New need I and this help some to board Security Engine ccSvcHst exec Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exeC Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer New to this board and I need some help hpsysdrv exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exeC Program Files x hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exeC Program Files x PictureMover Bin PictureMover exeC Program Files x Stardock Impulse Now ImpulseNow exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http netscape aol com R - HKLM New to this board and I need some help Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c program files x hewlett-packard HP odometer hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run HP Remote Solution ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update c Program Files x HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run NortonOnlineBackupReminder quot C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup Activation NobuActivation exe quot UNATTENDEDO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run TrojanScanner C Program Files x Trojan Remover Trjscan exe bootO - HKCU Run Steam quot C Program Files x Steam Steam exe quot -silentO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - HKCU Run tcactive C Program Files x The Cleaner tcap exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmi... Read more

A:New to this board and I need some help

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt Will be openedExtra.txt Will be minimizedPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305174/new-to-this-board-and-i-need-some-help/
Relevancy 30.53%

Could someone plese tell me how to input the power signs in algebra (windows 7). 3 to the power of 4

A:key board uses

Use the karot key (Shift - 6): ^. ex: 3^4

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/key-board-uses.958313/
Relevancy 30.53%

Having problem with my key board. I can't seem to get the letter B or N to work. any suggestions? I changed key boards which didn't help an run all scans and did system restore. Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/key-board.880563/
Relevancy 30.53%

Looks like the 754 is an extinct species. But I still have a couple of working cpu for 754, and ddr400, and agp cards....so anybody know a source other than evil bay?

Relevancy 30.53%

What's up everybody??? Its good to be part of the Board!

Well...to start I have had this problem for over a week now and Im really losing hope...

Here are the facts:

1. I have NO sound from speakers, NO drag and Drop, UNABLE to paste from a copy...so I cant get all my important files OFF my computer to reformat...

2. IE doesn't open as well as Norton Antivirus, Or System Restore or System Installer, AVG wont launch due to installer problem...

3. Ran Regedit to erase some files...but cant run SR.INF or anything since I dont have service pack 2 disc on me right now...

4. Spybot scans for a while then reboots my computer...

5. I've used everything from Avira to Spybot, Hijack This to Spyware Terminator, AVG...etc...with Avira mainly doing the most good in identifying files...

So if there is ANYONE out there who can help...I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!!!

Relevancy 30.53%

Hi all.
First post here and it a question....my pc is over 4 yrs old running at 755mghz.
I know ****all about motherboards and cpu`s so do you think i should get a new board and bigger cpu or should i just get the bigger cpu???
Thanks in advance.

A:My Mo Board

Well there are a few things to consider while making this decision. First off, if you are fine with the performance of your current computer, then I don't see a need to update it and spend the money. But if you are looking for something a little faster or newer, then I would definately look into updating.
If you are interested in updating it, we will need more information on what type of motherboard you have, to see how fast of a processor it can take. But if it is 4 years old I am thinking you might need to get a new motherboard and CPU.
Post back with your system specs, or fill them out in your proflie

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-mo-board.12459/
Relevancy 30.53%

Good day everyone I am working a machine laptop Bug on Board that the ie stopped opening Owner was not using any anti-virus or anti-spyware software AFter working on machine I have found that ie won t open at all Spybot S amp D won t install AVG won t update and Ad-Aware won t update I installed firefox from external hard drive which works just fine I have done online scans HouseCall and scanned with AVG outdated and Ad-Aware outdated all of which found items and cleaned them up Still with same issue Went online and ran hi-jack this and removed several more items to no avail Installed webroot anti-spyware which says there is a trojan among other cookies but won t tell me where it is or clean it w o forking over I am not Bug on Board sure that I believe webroot The hijack this log follows Any assistance provided would be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system Bug on Board winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity Bug on Board WRConsumerService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www toshiba com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www toshibadirect com dpdstart O - BHO Ask com Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - Toolbar Ask com Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - HKLM Run DLCCCATS quot rundll quot C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X DLCCtime dll email protected O - HKLM Run dlccmon exe quot C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlccmon exe quot O - HKLM Run lxcrmon exe quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcrmon exe quot O - HKLM Run EzPrint quot C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe quot O - HKLM Run FaxCenterServer quot C Program Files Lexmark Fax Solutions fm exe quot s O - HKLM Run LXCRCATS quot rundll quot C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LXCRtime dll email protected O - HKLM Run tsnpstd quot C WINDOWS tsnpstd exe quot O - HKLM Run snpstd quot C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier quot C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck quot C WINDOWS system dumprep quot -k O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY quot C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe quot O - HKLM Run Ad-Watch quot C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe quot O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeperUI exe quot startintray O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run TOSCDSPD quot C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe quot O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Kodak EasyShare software lnk C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe O - Global Startup KODAK Software Updater lnk C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmback... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bug-on-board.812783/
Relevancy 30.53%

Is a 4x, do I have to get a 4x card or will a 4x8x card work?

A:My board

if the card works in both 4x and 8x mode then a 4x slot should work fine. There may be a performance decrease running the card interface at half speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-board.44569/
Relevancy 30.53%

i just changed the board in my pc it is a asus cusl2 when it goes to start xp fires up fo r second and shuts down wondering how much ram is needed to run xp

A:new board

how much ram have you - I have seen it run on 128Mb - certainly a lot of machines with 256Mb where sold

have you made sure the cooling is correct and put any heatsink compound between the fan & CPU - could it be over temperature and shutting down ?

did you put the FAN on the correct way round - some CPUs had a small slot/ridge along oneside and you had to get the CPU Fan assembly the correct way around to nake good contact

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-board.787411/
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm probably looking right at it & can't see it. I usually see it at the top of other forums. I see 'forum rules' right away but not a list of 'how to's' which is what I need.
Thanks.

A:Where is board help

What help do you need with the forum?

Post it here.

Or look in the Tutorials.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/230624-where-board-help.html
Relevancy 30.53%

HI I HAVE JUST INSTALED A VERSION OF WINDOWS XP HOME ON A FRIENDS
LAPTOP AMILO L7300 WE HAVE A PROBLEM THAT WHEN WE ARE TYPING IT GIVE SOME WRONG CHRATERISTICS TRIED THE NUMBER LOCK AND THE FN KEY STILL HAVE SAME PROBLEM

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/key-board-461965.html