Windows Support Forum

done kicked 3 times didnt help lol

Q: done kicked 3 times didnt help lol

im haveing trouble with my cd burner it sayes it cant keep up with the input but i do a diagnostic on it and all is fine its brand new i just got it out of the shop any clues ty im running an hp xt963 desk top with windows xp wheres a hammer when ya need 1?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: done kicked 3 times didnt help lol

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: done kicked 3 times didnt help lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by icy

im haveing trouble with my cd burner it sayes it cant keep up with the input but i do a diagnostic on it and all is fine its brand new i just got it out of the shop any clues ty im running an hp xt963 desk top with windows xp wheres a hammer when ya need 1?

Firstly, I am pretending you said: "I'm having trouble with my CD burner, it says it can't keep up with the input, but when I do a diagnostic on it, all is fine. It's brand new. I just got it out of the shop. Any clues? Thank you. I'm running a HP XT963 desktop with Windows XP. where is a hammer when you need one?"

Ok, anyway, is this when you are trying to burn a CD? If so, what speed CDs are you using? And what speed is the CD burner?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/done-kicked-3-times-didnt-help-lol-111543.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Intel and Micron held a joint press conference earlier today to announce a breakthrough memory technology called 3D Xpoint (pronounced 3D crosspoint) that's up to 1,000 times faster (read speeds) than today's NAND, features 1,000 times better endurance and is...

Read more

A:Intel and Micron announce 3D Xpoint, a new memory technology that's 1,000 times faster than NAND

I hope this really brings about the death of the hard drive. And it can't come soon enough.

Gimme a 1 TB Xpoint SSD that doesn't break the bank and I'm sold.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-and-micron-announce-3d-xpoint-a-new-memory-technology-thats-1-000-times-faster-than-nand.217327/
Relevancy 27.09%

Anyone think they can help me with this annoying issue? My internet at times will randomly drop
and reconnect after 30 seconds or so. Usually the error messages on my laptop or PC will say that a local cable has been unplugged, limit connectivity or a problem with the access point.

I'm running Windows XP on PC and Windows 7 on the laptop. I have a Dlink WBR-1310 router and it's secured with a WPA encryption. I honestly think it's a problem with my router, because I never had this issue before I first bought it.

A:Internet keeps dropping at random times

Reset the router to see if it will cure the problem.

Instructions on how to do so can be found here: http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-sol...wbr-series-router-to-factory-default-settings

You might also want to try updating the firmware of the router.

You'll need to select the correct revision first...

http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutions/support/product/wbr-1310-wireless-g-router?revision=

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-keeps-dropping-at-random-times.183645/
Relevancy 26.66%

My pc seems to get very high CPU at times which makes the computer very slow especially the internet which goes straight to not responding Recently it has been doing it alot where the CPU and computer fluctuate between being normal and silent to then suddenly loud with CPU upto - and at some few loads couple times every CPU high minutes PC a has My points much higher This fluctuates a lot e g every minuite on average I put CPU processes tab in Windows My PC has high CPU loads a few times every couple minutes Task Manager -When silent and normal System idle process seems to be around then then jqs exe popped up a few times as well A few iexplore exe names pop up especially fuctuating under System idle process at the top The CPU can be low around - with the odd high numbers fluctuating and appearing up to -When loud and slow the CPU can be up to fluctuating higher at times System idle process is up to avp exe is up there aroudn and more Around - iexplore exe around and much higher names appear with some above system idle process jqs exe popped up a few times again The CPU seems to move about to high s even when quiet and then it leads to being noisy within a minute since being silent nbsp

A:My PC has high CPU loads a few times every couple minutes

my pc hit 100 in the CPU today, making the internet freeze, until I ended the internet programme in task manager. Why is the CPU getting this high?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-has-high-cpu-loads-a-few-times-every-couple-minutes.181145/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello guys I m in need of help My computer have been acting weird in games for some time now Whenever i start a game No (lagging Computer 2-4 in every sec) games is choppy times difference in heavy games or light games it runs perfectly fine for - min - Then the horribly annoying lags start It s like it freezes for a millisecond and it does it - times a second I m no computer wiz or good explainer So i ll use pictures instead I know it s from Minecraft but bear with me Notice the redish graph - This shows the freeze lag spikes when i m in game - The graph takes second from start to end The frequency of the lag is the same in all games Damn i m not Computer is choppy in games (lagging 2-4 times every sec) allowed to show links before i ve made posts This is when i m in the menu This is how i believe it normally should be Damn i m not allowed to show links before i ve made posts Now as i said i m no computer wiz but after i ve read countless problems somehow related to mine i know i need to give you more infomation So here we go Asks if you need something else And i hope you can reply in a way that the most retarded Me of people can understand -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Everest results -------- EVEREST Home Edition c - Lavalys Inc ------------------------------------------------------------ Version EVEREST v Homepage Report Type Report Wizard Computer WIN-KGM VBBVS V Generator Administrator Operating System Windows Ultimate Media Center Edition Date - - Time -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Windows Ultimate Media Center Edition OS Service Pack - DirectX DirectX c Computer Name WIN-KGM VBBVS V User Name Administrator Motherboard CPU Type x MHz Motherboard Name Unknown Motherboard Chipset Unknown System Memory MB BIOS Type Unknown Communication Port Communications Port COM Display Video Adapter ATI Radeon HD Series Video Adapter ATI Radeon HD Series Monitor Generic PnP Monitor NoDB A LMQS Multimedia Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller NoDB Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller NoDB Storage IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive SAMSUNG HD IJ ATA Device GB IDE Disk Drive Samsung S Portable USB Device GB USB Optical Drive DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free D NTFS MB MB free G NTFS MB MB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Mouse HID-compliant mouse Network Network Adapter Hamachi Network Interface Network Adapter Realtek RTL D D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Peripherals USB Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller NoDB USB Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller NoDB USB Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller NoDB USB Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller NoDB USB Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller NoDB USB Controller Universal Serial Bus USB Controller NoDB USB Controller Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller NoDB USB Controller Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller NoDB USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Mass Storage Device ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hijack this results Hogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x IObit Game Booster GameBooster exe C Program Files x IObit Game Booster gbtray exe C Program Files x Mozilla... Read more

A:Computer is choppy in games (lagging 2-4 times every sec)

Hi. I'm not sure, but perhaps a run down of your system specs would be helpful? I mean the hardware stuff: CPU, board, graphics card.

Does your rig "act weird" when you use other applications? Also, have you checked your CPU and GPU temps?

EDIT: Oops, sorry, I see you've got a Radeon 5700 and a dual core.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-is-choppy-in-games-lagging-2-4-times-every-sec.178696/
Relevancy 40.85%

I kicked what? it, gs 7600 now finally got almost half a decade outta my Nvidia gs mb card and finally I boot my system to long short beep post error I m finally willing to give in and get a replacement MSI NEO-F P Intel S Motherboard Intel Pentium GHz HT MB GB 7600 gs finally kicked it, now what? PC - MHz DDR RAM planning on adding - gb W Antec Power supply I live in the US I only game - and earlier Actually I m pretty retro though I d like to maybe play say Oblivion for example on descent settings nvm the ram Also HD video playback is fairly Important as well The highest resolution I would be running is with maybe a second monitor or television running lower Prefer also a quiet card or at least not a super noisy one I ve spent most the day scouring pricewatch and amazon only to achieve a headache From what I ve seen I think I can get a card for - but there are so many holiday specials I can t decide nbsp

A:7600 gs finally kicked it, now what?

If your looking for a decent and cheap video card i prefer you to buy the ATI HD 5450, around 40 bucks but upgrade your PSU. I also game 2008 and lower.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/7600-gs-finally-kicked-it-now-what.174854/
Relevancy 25.37%

First off this is my first time posting on these boards If this is the wrong location for this please move this My rig win xp sp intel core duo ghz part upgraded Crucial gb ddr ram nForce i sli mobo part upgraded W PSU Problem After changing out the mobo and cpu sorry I m unsure exactly what it was before install and loading times for games are a lot slower then they where before We are talking min install times becoming hour waits This is not just limited to only one program game The programs do install properly after they install and games run fine after the long load times At first I believed it was because I run everything on my external hard drive but that is not the case I tried running stuff on the internal one and the problem was the same What I have done so far Updated all drivers Checked to see if all previous hardware is compatible Checked to see if cores are working properly Loaded quot optimized settings quot in bios Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Long install/loading times after Core 2 Duo/mobo(nForce 750i SLI) upgrade

Did you re-install XP fresh after the upgrades?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/long-install-loading-times-after-core-2-duo-mobo-nforce-750i-sli-upgrade.171331/
Relevancy 22.36%

Here s an imaginary situation For curiosities sake two independent motherboards are present in a case installed in such accessed different by Can if one be accessed HDD times? two at motherboards a way that only one could be on at a time Let s say that one motherboard is an intel chip with hardware configured to run windows and let s say that the other is an apple motherboard configured for OS X Lion And there is a three way switch on the case giving power to only one board at a time If the motherboards were both run to one hard drive could both motherboards access the hard Can one HDD be accessed by two motherboards if accessed at different times? drive and function normally so long only one of them was on at a time I am assuming that they would be able to the board Can one HDD be accessed by two motherboards if accessed at different times? set up for windows would search Can one HDD be accessed by two motherboards if accessed at different times? the drive for its partition and read and write to it and the board set up for mac would search for its partition and read and write to it And before things get nuts yes I know that you don t need to do this and that you can dual boot mac windows blah blah blah I am just curious as to whether or not it is possible If you have to know why I ask I am considering a mod to put an xbox mobo and a ps slim mobo into an xbox case in with a micro atx psu and a hdd the case mod being a homage to phantom crash and slai the setup would only run these two games off the hdd nbsp

A:Can one HDD be accessed by two motherboards if accessed at different times?

In theory, if the power to the HDD also switches to the corresponding motherboard, yeah it should be possible. (see EDIT below)

But this switching-idea must also be applied to the data cable running to the HDD. The cable must not be connected to both motherboards at the same time, that would cause internal confusion.

But in theory, a multi-port power switch could do the job, sure.

EDIT:
Keep in mind, for your splendid idea: you need (at least) two separate partitions on the HDD, one formatted in FATX, and one formatted in (whatever format the PS2 uses). It is possible to format two different partitions on a drive in different formats, but it is tricky.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-one-hdd-be-accessed-by-two-motherboards-if-accessed-at-different-times.169091/
Relevancy 40.85%

OK, here is the problem. I'm browsing online with Chrome when all of the sudden it shuts off and refuses to let me browse more until I have disconnected and reconnected to the network. Its a wired network and ive disconnected my router and modem in exchange for another therefore eliminating those as the problem. The funny thing is i am still connected to the internet because I can still chat with my friends on Google talk and skype. Its very strange and i have not gotten any leads yet. Any help would be much appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kicked-off-internet-every-few-minutes.158181/
Relevancy 26.23%

This is the strangest error I have EVER seen in XP. I find no mention of this phenomenon anywhere on the web so perhaps I am the first? I surely hope not.

I have a Dell laptop with an integrated keyboard (i.e. built-in). Suddenly, and with no good reason, today my keyboard is acting strangely. Some letters I have to hit 3 times before they type. Others twice. And yet others behave as normal. The correct letter will eventually appear but my Lord no one should have to hit any character on the keyboard more than once.

I need this fixed ASAP because I am taking this PC out of the country with me and I have to be productive.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:Windows XP - Keyboard - some letters I have to type multiple times for them to appear

Laptop keyboard problem

This could be a failing keyboard matrix, fairly simple to order a new one from Dell and fit. Or it could be the keyboard software faulty. A way to check for a failing keyboard, is to plug in a separate keyboard, into a USB socket. If all works well, then the fault is the Laptop's keyboard. Hope that helps, if only to eliminate one possible problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-keyboard-some-letters-i-have-to-type-multiple-times-for-them-to-appear.153692/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi, i have a problem with my hdd. every time i turn on my pc it always says "Searching For Hard Drives". I already change the cable for i have thought that is the problem.. but still the hdd is undetected.. i tried entering BIOS and still undetected.. i tried also changing power connector and still for the third time.. what should i do with this problem?? i really need it for our business..

A:HDD undetected for several times

Oh, i forgot to tell that i also tried to put to the other Sata slot but still undetected..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-undetected-for-several-times.149597/
Relevancy 27.09%

Well I just got done ordering parts for a customers computer The order is processed and on the way to my house but I m afraid I ve made a mistake I have a handful of Biostar K M Micro AM boards lying around I use for basic internet surfing quot old lady AM3 asked Mobo hundred been CPU AM2 Sure times. a it's quot builds I like to call them I like to buy in bulk when there brand new Well the Sempron I usually pair them with is nowhere to be found on Tiger so i Ordered what I thought would work I mistakenly ordered Sure it's been asked a hundred times. AM2 Mobo AM3 CPU a AM Sempron Please tell me I won t have to send this thing back I m really not wanting to deal with the hassle I know the pins are the same but the board clearly supports AM not even AM EDIT Well TigerDirect customer service is amazing for one I called them up mind you at A M Got straight through to a actual human being and had my order canceled within minutes But I m still curious to know the answer to my question just for future reference nbsp

A:Sure it's been asked a hundred times. AM2 Mobo AM3 CPU

Hi Junkie,
an AM2+ will accept AM2,AM2+, AM3 cpu's
an AM3 will not accept AM2+ cpu's ****the reason being that the AM3 boards support DDR3*****
an AM2 will only accept AM2 cpu's
as always there are exceptions, always check the CPU support list to make sure a bios update is available for the Cpu you want.
.....I shouldn't try to do that in the wee smalls.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sure-its-been-asked-a-hundred-times-am2-mobo-am3-cpu.142046/
Relevancy 40.42%

First of all thank you for viewing this topic as the data on this hard drive is extremely sentimental Some of my greatest memories such as my wedding are on this hard drive so I appreciate ANY help you can give me I have a TB Seagate Expansion External Drive ST EXA -RK yesterday my foot decided to accidentally kick the power supply and a noticed a few minutes later windows was giving me the following error message quot Windows was unable Power Supply kicked HD External was to External HD Power Supply was kicked save all the data for the file F MFT The data has been lost This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection quot At first I didn t think much of it I viewed the drive and all the contents were shown but no videos were playing I thought it was a codec issue at first because I just recently nuked my computer Most files don t open on the drive The thumbnails for the pictures were still showing some pictures I could still open some text files were intact Later on I made a small text file wrote something in it and saved it to the drive to see if I could still write and it saved properly I have never restarted my computer as I ve read it may not allow me to see the drive anymore I tried copying the files but windows gives me the quot Cannot read from source file or disk quot error After a little while I opened up some pictures possibly not the same ones and only of the picture I opened would be showing the rest greyed out After I went to sleep the thumbnails don t work SHORT VERSION and WHAT I VE DONE Running XP Kicked external power supply TB Seagate Expansion External Drive ST EXA -RK Error quot Windows was unable to save all the data for the file F mft quot Can still see filenames on hard drive Cannot open most files even text files Some files do open Pictures displaying only Can create and save a txt file Slept Picture thumbnails gone Pictures don t work Actions Taken PC Inspector doesn t detect my F Drive Recuva Detects the Drive but says quot The process cannot open the file because another process has locked a portion of the file quot Panda Recovery DOES detect my drive but has the error message quot failed to open selected disk drive quot Questions I read that enabling disk cache may cause this problem But I believe this is different as I kicked the power supply Do I risk losing any information by turning this off to see if that works Should I restart my CPU Do I risk anything by NOT restarting the computer The hard drive has begun to click a little bit sometimes and like I said pictures are now no longer viewable Does it make sense that if I don t restart it could harm the drive or no If anybody has ANY idea on what I can do PLEASE post CPU XP Home Service Pack Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz GB of RAM nbsp

A:External HD Power Supply was kicked

jra64 said:

The hard drive has begun to click a little bit sometimesClick to expand...

Can you elaborate "clicking"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hd-power-supply-was-kicked.141306/
Relevancy 26.66%

So I noticed here at work when using the tracert command I get very odd ping times sometimes. Here is an example:
Tracing route to google.com [74.125.67.100]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms 4294967277 ms 4294967277 ms RV082.SME [192.168.1.1]
2 4294967284 ms 4294967284 ms 4294967284 ms rb-bras.ka.centurytel.net [69.29.186.7]
3 4294967286 ms 4294967284 ms 4294967286 ms klslmtcoro1.klslmtcoro1.centurytel.net [209.206.184.2]
4 1 ms 2 ms 2 ms 12.127.70.13
5 82 ms 79 ms 82 ms cr1.st6wa.ip.att.net [12.122.146.22]
6 80 ms 79 ms 79 ms cr1.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.31.161]
7 81 ms 79 ms 79 ms cr1.cl2oh.ip.att.net [12.122.2.206]
8 80 ms 79 ms 82 ms cr2.cl2oh.ip.att.net [12.122.2.126]
9 80 ms 102 ms 82 ms cr2.phlpa.ip.att.net [12.122.2.210]
10 80 ms 79 ms 79 ms cr1.wswdc.ip.att.net [12.122.4.54]
11 80 ms 79 ms 79 ms 12.122.135.149
12 72 ms 72 ms 72 ms 12.88.155.14
13 81 ms 79 ms 79 ms 216.239.48.112
14 80 ms 79 ms 82 ms 216.239.48.69
15 97 ms 87 ms 82 ms 72.14.239.127
16 93 ms 84 ms 87 ms 209.85.255.190
17 79 ms 79 ms 79 ms gw-in-f100.1e100.net [74.125.67.100]

Trace complete.

Now those lines that say '4294967277' load up instantly, but what is with those numbers? just a glitch?

also, (noobish question time) why are there 3 ping times??

A:Odd ping times (4294967277) using tracert command

Those large and strange looking numbers are an anomaly of sort. What's happening:
> Windows is calculating a negative number for the ping time!
> Those large numbers are actually the machine's representation of a negative number being printed as a ping time (which is unsigned integer)! So the number results to being displayed as a very large unsigned integer

These are probably caused by clocks being out of sync (seems to happen somehow more often now with multi-core processors in use).

Google (including the double quotes) "negative ping time"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-ping-times-4294967277-using-tracert-command.138009/
Relevancy 27.09%

So I've been looking around monitors and I'm seeing these response times like 5ms and 2ms, is there that much of a difference? That you can see at least?

A:Monitor Response Times

it depends what you're using the monitor for. A faster response time, will result in less ghosting (where you might see the image remain) while gaming and the like, while a 5ms ghosting will be more apparent, but it's not like drastic.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-response-times.137304/
Relevancy 27.09%

hi all i'm new here so be patient and gentle pls.

my question is can i read a report or log file that will tell me how long users have been logged into my server. i run sbs2003 and have some users on remote access via vpn, does the monitoring on the system allow me to view log in times for each user and how long they are logged in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-user-log-in-times.129887/
Relevancy 27.09%

So my computer has had this as a recurring problem for about a year now After suffering some form of trauma a small child running into someone tripping over it etc my computer screen will turn a solid color usually gray or blue After shutting it down the monitor all at black Screen stays times turns black and attempting to boot up the computer causes the monitor to stay black though the fans in Screen stays black at all times the case turn Screen stays black at all times on and machine makes various clicks and whirs Every time this has happened in the past I have gone into the case disconnected all outside cables the video card the battery on the motherboard and occasionally other things as well sort of haphazardly I let the thing sit for a while and then plugged everything back in and after maybe one or two iterations of this process the thing eventually booted up After it s most recent trauma having a laptop dropped on it it hasn t booted up properly after several unplug-and-replug-everything routines The fans still start up like before but I haven t been able to get video to work I have tried disconnecting the video card and plugging the monitor into the built in graphics on the motherboard but that still didn t work While quot on quot I tried pressing various quot locks quot on the keyboard and found that numlock caused a light to light up but neither caps nor scroll lock did I don t know if this means anything but I figured I d throw it out there No sounds are emitted by the speakers but I don t know that any are normally on bootup I attempted to blindly enter my password an log in but this elicited no change or sound from the speakers I recently rebuilt my computer and the only thing that re still really old in the case are the power supply and one of the two hard drives which are five years old came with the original case Could this problem possibly be rooted in the power supply I am thinking about replacing it anyway as I want a new case with better airflow Parts Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G M- L Graphics Card KFA Nvidia GeForce GT PCIE x Kingston KVR D N G GB MHz DDR Non-ECC CL DIMM Dell HP - P FW Power Supply w v DC A Nidec TA DC Cooling Fan v DC A Intel DTC-AAM CPU Fan Intel Celeron Dual-Core E Western Digital WD JD - HBB Western Digital WD YR - PLB nbsp

A:Screen stays black at all times

Yes replace the old power supply and back up everything important to you. Get those old hard drives replaced ASAP. They are slowing your system down at the very least

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-stays-black-at-all-times.128967/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello i replaced my graphice card My english is bad sorry But i dont have money to buy a new pc I have a AMD Athlon XP GB RAM Asus AH Silence I installed this new graphic card i asked to the buyer i need to add a cooler into my pc he said NO their is already a cooler into the graphic card My PC of times restarts a lot problem When i play a game my pc restarts The strange of it is Sometimes when i play my nd account i can play hours And when i login on my first account PC restarts a lot of times after PC restarts a lot of times login in my pc restarts immediately Then it says quot Your pc recovered from a serious error quot This one BCCode f BCP D BCP BCP BCP OSVer SP Product C DOCUME PROPRI LOCALS Temp WER fc dir Mini - dmp C DOCUME PROPRI LOCALS Temp WER fc dir sysdata xml I tough first my pc is over heating so i opened my pc And i added an Coller from another pc and connected it But its never turns even the big coller only turns when pc is realy hot I dont feel the pc is hot And the seller told me a graphic card cannot be to strong for my old processor I have no money so i buyed this graphic card whit the only i have before i had Nvidea MX But it wa srealy bad I play only gta san andreas nbsp

A:PC restarts a lot of times

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept).

Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

1. You should get Memtest and run it. Look at this thread... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

2. Your problems started after the installation of the video card? Drivers could the problem.
Try Diver Sweeper and then reinstall your video drivers... http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-a-lot-of-times.127614/
Relevancy 27.09%

My monitor will say quot no video signal detected quot mainly when switching users and logging off but it will also do it randomly when I try to restart the monitor with the mouse keyboard after the monitor shuts off for power conservation and sometimes when coming out of hibernation The only way I can reinitialize the signal is to Blindly find shortcuts to reboot sleep login Switch to the other dvi users and No when display other switching times port on the video card on the fly while No display when switching users and other times the system is running I know you re not supposed to do this When I had my old video card Radeon x -xl installed it did the same thing I thought upgrading the card to a more recent perhaps more Vista compatible card may do the trick but the problem persists HIS Radeon HD dual dvi There are no secondary monitors or display adapters to disable in device manager There is however two entries in Display Settings-Monitor tab quot Hanns G HI D-sub on ATI Radeon HD Default Monitor on ATI Radeon HD quot I can t see a way to disable the second entry I have updated to recent display adapter and catalyst control center I have updated the bios from Gateway Updated monitor driver Will do Windows update if suggested but I have no faith that will solve the problem The issue has been going on too long to do a system restore No display when switching users and other times My system Gateway GM E I know pre-made pc s are garbage Intel Q Vista bit upgraded PSU No display when switching users and other times W upgraded graphics card HIS Radeon HD dual dvi added hard drives analog digital tv tuner x gb corsair value ram onboard audio Sigma Tel My system otherwise seems very stable Any thoughts nbsp

A:No display when switching users and other times

"There are no secondary monitors or display adapters to disable in device manager. There is, however, two entries in Display Settings-Monitor tab:
1. Hanns.G HI221 D-sub on ATI Radeon HD 4670
2. (Default Monitor) on ATI Radeon HD 4670. I can't see a way to disable the second entry"...

Your ATI video card has at least 2 video output connectors, and maybe even a S-Video out... The second entry is the other video output on the video card. Is your system free of virus or other malware?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-when-switching-users-and-other-times.124766/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am having a problem with my computer restarting several times a day. It seems to really have a problem when I push it using Adobe Illustrator. I just assembled the computer about 2 or 3 months ago. I have tried reformatting the machine, swapping the power supply, and swapping the video card. The computer has a P4 3.0Ghz Northwood, a Foxconn 865A01-PE-6EKRS mobo with onboard LAN and Sound, a Nvidia GeForce 5500 graphics card, an 80GB Western Digital HD and one CDROM drive. I was also told to check the capacitors on the mobo to look for swelling or leaking and they all look okay. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Computer restarting several times a day

Could be heat related or a faulty driver. What OS are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarting-several-times-a-day.19661/
Relevancy 27.09%

My TDK CD Burner Keeps Ejecting The CD As Soon As I Put It In. The Light Will Flash 3 Times Then The Cd Ejects.If There Is No CD In The Then The Door Will Stay Closed But If I Put A CD In It Ejects & The Door Stays Open. Take The Cd Out & It Closes & Stays Closed. Why Is This Saying I Edited This At 1:37 AM When It Is 9:40 PM?

A:TDK Keeps Ejecting CD After Light Flashes 3 Times

How old is your Burner? Does this happen with all CDs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tdk-keeps-ejecting-cd-after-light-flashes-3-times.112142/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am trying to use just an older socket MB for the PCI slots to hold Gigabyte i-RAM cards Now the cards are only supposed to need or v power from the PCI bus They are not supposed to need any data from the MB cpu PCI bus etc I have a couple of these running in an old Socket computer that MB On times at Power to all I just boot to a DOS floppy as well as on an older Socket system The cards work fine as RAM disks Figuring this was fine I picked up another Socket MB without CPU Memory Hard Drive Video Card etc I installed an i-RAM card and plugged the ATX connector in I shorted the green line on the ATX connector to one of the Power On to MB at all times grounds The board lights Power On to MB at all times up fans run off of it and the i-RAM card shows it is charging and functional but the other computer I plug the SATA cable into from the i-RAM drive won t see the drive I know it s not the card because I swapped it in and out of the other full socket computer and it worked I had a similar problem trying to run these cards on a PCI passive backplane with power on Question is this - when I turn on a full-fledged computer does it route power or activate chipsets etc that just shorting the PSU does not What I can t figure out is that the i-RAM is drawing normal power according to its indicators Obviously with no CPU or RAM the MB is quot dumb quot but that is what I wanted - just a collection of powered PCI slots Any thoughts are appreciated nbsp

A:Power On to MB at all times

I imagine the the iRAM needs motherboard timing pulses, therefore you will need a fully functioning motherboard to host the iRAM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-on-to-mb-at-all-times.106597/
Relevancy 27.09%

OK hoping some knowledgable person may be able to shed some light on this situation for me I m running a ASUS P R -VM motherboard with an Intel Celeron ghz processor Couple of years old now I know Not so long ago I brought a GB stick of RAM for it to just beef it up a bit PNY GB Hz and it worked great on it s own Recently got another PNY GB Hz stick of RAM and when I put it in it worked read as having New causing at crashing times odd RAM GB of RAM but seems to crash at random times as it I d knocked it off at the wall socket and boots up again I ve tried just using the new stick of RAM on it s own it s fine New RAM causing crashing at odd times Not dodgy RAM as far as I New RAM causing crashing at odd times can tell Both are DDR not DDR I ve updated the BIOS last night using the ASUS EZ flash BIOS procedure worked fine Still won t accept the new RAM without randomly crashing Sometimes it s whilst surfing the web sometimes just sat idle any time it apparently feels like it Any ideas anyone Both the RAM sticks have the same ref serial number on and same manufacturer etc Whilst I may sound vaguely knowledgable it s only what I ve picked up whilst trying to sort this anyone got any words of wisdom Cheers guys and gals nbsp

A:New RAM causing crashing at odd times

You might want to check the voltage requirement for that RAM (2.5V?) and enter the BIOS to make sure that it's set to that voltage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-ram-causing-crashing-at-odd-times.106104/
Relevancy 26.23%

This is more of a question as it is just kind of annoying at times but I would like to know why and maybe how to fix this Trying the good post logic What Happens Sometimes whenever I insert a card into the Mem Dissapears Card from at List Reader Device Times 8-in-1 internal memory card reader it seems like it shorts out the reader and causes it to disappear from the device list Oddly the built-in USB port still works but the reader doesn t and I may sometimes have to reboot the PC for it to start working again This happens at random times Important Specs of What is plugged in Plugged Into ASUS M A-VM Socket AM uATX Motherboard What s Usually Plugged Into It Fujifilm GB xD card Bamboo Touch Pad USB What I have Tried I try to ground myself before putting a card in That doesn t help I have even spent a day at the pc with an anti-static wrist strap on and connected to the case I ve tried an external card reader and that doesn t happen to the 8-in-1 Mem Card Reader Dissapears from Device List at Times external one I do not have another pc capable of using the internal reader How long this has been going on About a month nbsp

A:8-in-1 Mem Card Reader Dissapears from Device List at Times

I doubt the anti-static wristband is helping much, but it doesnt hurt. Have you tried cleaning the port you're having issues with? Sometimes dust and dirt builds up and causes the contacts to... not connect anymore. Use one of those compressed air cans you can buy at Staples, or just blow in there with your mouth and see if anything comes loose, then try again. Cleaning with IPA would be ideal but normally these ports are too small to get anything small enough in there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8-in-1-mem-card-reader-dissapears-from-device-list-at-times.103605/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello I am trying to troubleshoot a monitor Westinghouse LCM- w for my sister in law and having some trouble doing so She tells me the monitor works sometimes but sometimes she gets a No Signal Message on the computer She hooked up her old monitor and no problems with signals So that rules out the source being the problem So I take the monitor home to see what I can do I use my not signal sometimes, times other Reads Monitor X-Box with the VGA peripheral to troubleshoot as I know the signal is good I Monitor Reads signal sometimes, other times not turn on the monitor and it works fine I use the monitor for some Halo online play it works fine So I shut it off and go to bed I Monitor Reads signal sometimes, other times not wake up to see if it works and does not I check all the connections they are good to go I have audio as well so the xbox is working What could cause the monitor to work at Monitor Reads signal sometimes, other times not times and not at other times nbsp

A:Monitor Reads signal sometimes, other times not

hmm

Check the pins on the cord and make sure there aren't any bent pins. It may have weak capacitors inside also. Hell, it may even have a bad cable (broken wire inside).

my 2 cents

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-reads-signal-sometimes-other-times-not.103443/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey!

Have read some of the previous post about system crashes and so here, and thought to ask here.

My computer have the last weeks crashed more and more often, now up to 10-15 times a day. Sometimes with bluescreen, other times without. And it will not start if it is under 15-20 Celcius in the room. I dont know what its wrong with it, and wonder if any here can go through some minidumps and share they thoughts.

My computer specs is
Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop
Intel Dual Core 2,0 Ghz
80 Gb 7200 RPM HD
Samsung 1024 Mb DDR2 Ram
Ati Radeon X1400 256 mb graphic card.

I attach a zip with 4 minidumps from the latest bluescreens.

A:Computer crash random many times a day..

I installed Avast yesterday, after removing Comodo. So dont think avast is the wrong. Cause i had the same problems before i installed it... i have ran Dell diagnostics (without starting windows) on ram without getting any wrong. But it hang after all memorytests was finished. Have allso updated all my pc drivers from dell support site.

Can i run memtest without removing any of the ram modules? (Dont want to open my computer and touch hardware, without help so).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crash-random-many-times-a-day.103071/
Relevancy 26.23%

HI,

I've recently encountered a problem in which my 'linksys 3' connection keeps disconnecting numerous times per hour. For example, when I log on my laptop, it says I'm connected with an 'Excellent' signal, then 4-5 minutes later, it becomes disconnected, by which a yellow exclamation sign will appear on the connection logo (I use windows vista home premium), but sometimes it stays connected for at least 1 hour before disconnecting again. Every time that happens, I have to switch the wireless switch on and off for it to connect again. Also, sometimes it disconnects again after mere seconds of reconnecting. There is also my sister's laptop which is connected to the router by a LAN cable, I'm not sure if that would affect it, but this is the first time it has happened, and now it's becoming really annoying and frustrating.

Hardware:

Toshiba Satellite
Cable Modem
Linksys router (silver model)

A:Wireless Connection Disconnecting numerous times per hour!

Ive had some porblems maintaining my wireless signal. For mine though I think it was a combination of vista and uTorrent or the rubbish router that im forced to use.

Mine doesnt happen that often though, not sure what could be causing it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-disconnecting-numerous-times-per-hour.99675/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello! I just bought a Belkin Wireless Router G plus MIMO and I still get kicked out of online games (remember before I got an old Linksys), I don't understand why? I have no idea, I have moved the router to higher locations, I moved it to a diferrent room and still the same problem, I don't know much of the settings of the router but is there anything I can modify to get rid of this problem? is 40-45ft really that much for wireless gaming? however I have to get across two walls, is that the problem? the signal indicates 82% please help me I don't know what else to try and I want to play games online with my Nintendo Wii.

A:Still getting kicked out of online gaming

I thought it could be Internet speed but on my wired PC I never have this problem when gaming online, I thought could be poor reception from the Wii, but the PS3 does the same thing, anybody? help will be highly appreciated!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/still-getting-kicked-out-of-online-gaming.98646/
Relevancy 27.52%

my pc reboot many times...
when i open the computer..and will start and thats all and it will restart and restart all over again..
and its newly reformat about 3 days now...
plsss help me what's wrong with my pc....
thanks..and god speed....

my pc its old enough...
processor: intel pentium III 700 MHz
L2 cuche:256 kb
Memory 256 MB
Mainboard Trigem computer INC Nara-A
Monitor plug and play
Videocard 3Dfx interactive inc banshee
mode 800x600 with 32 bit color deph

and its just randomly reboot itself without and message....

A:My pc reboot many times

1. have you tested your ram?
2. have you checked your registry?
3. have you tested your PSU?

What diagnostics have you performed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-reboot-many-times.97480/
Relevancy 26.66%

I recently just built a computer and I notice that when I'm playing video games that between maps (in games like TF2) I experience really slow load times. I also have a two year old laptop right next to it and it loads maps in half the time. I have a very fast Seagate barracuda drive which should load much faster than a laptop drive. Is there anything I can do to speed this up? All my computer specs are listed below. I am running this on XP professional x86. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Slow load times in video games. Any help?

ryan29121 said:

I recently just built a computer and I notice that when I'm playing video games that between maps (in games like TF2) I experience really slow load times. I also have a two year old laptop right next to it and it loads maps in half the time. I have a very fast Seagate barracuda drive which should load much faster than a laptop drive. Is there anything I can do to speed this up? All my computer specs are listed below. I am running this on XP professional x86. Thanks in advance for your help.Click to expand...

i had this problem after i re-installed my windows again 2 weeks ago.

if your playing online games, you may need to download all the images from that game to your hard drive by using the " -image" command right after your target address example ""C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.exe" -image"

this process may take several hours, but it made my load times go from 3-5 minutes inbetween maps to 2 seconds inbetween maps

if your not playing online, then i have no clue on how to help you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-load-times-in-video-games-any-help.96602/
Relevancy 23.65%

About months ago i invested in a second video card to use with an old monitor and a new PC After much trial and error i eventually got it all working A couple of days ago i re-installed windows however and therefore all my settings have been reset and am now havein problems and if i remember rightly the same ones as before But for the life of me i cant figure out how to solve them this time round So any help would be appreciated Spec - x plug and play monitor almost sure it has nothing to do with these so wont add details x problems- dreadful monitor monitor refresh second times Dual Nvidia Geforce FX AGP with fully updated drivers from manufacturers website the monitor off this video card works fine x ATI Radeon PCI fully updated drivers without catylist command centre however due to some installation problems I had these before when both monitors worked fine just the drivers - Problematic monitor Bios - Dell Computer Corporation A newly updated I heard somewhere that this may have an effect The Problem- On my second monitor Radeon Dual monitor problems- second monitor refresh times dreadful PCI whenever i try to move a frame scroll in IE etc the refresh rate is appaling Entire lines get moved at a time The only time the refersh rate does not slow is when moving the mouse and scrolling through files in c drive as far as i can tell If i switch my primary monitor to this one and stop the monitor extension it still flickers Ive checked my monitors by changing which card they use and as expected the monitors were not the problem as the same problem just happend on the opposite Any help would be great as music editing wave sampling sequencing etc etc is so much smoother and organised with this set-up and the thought of going back ouch Xaxian nbsp

A:Dual monitor problems- second monitor refresh times dreadful

Well, could be bad drivers... nvidia and ATI hate eachother, so I dunno why you got cards like that, could be a driver conflict from un-updated windows files, that is to say, uninstall drivers, update everything on windows, re-install newest drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitor-problems-second-monitor-refresh-times-dreadful.31520/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi Everyone hope your ready for the Big 2005 Gateway Win-XP Media My times Audio Edition Some Day just around the corner I m looking for suggestions as to My Gateway Win-XP Media Edition 2005 Audio Some times where to start looking to try and solve my problem with quot intermitten Audio quot I have a Gateway with Win-XP Media Edition The report from dxdiag says the audio is a quot Realtek AC Audio quot AC Audio Controller Audio Controller Type VIA Codec Name Avance Logic ALC Codec ID C h S PDIF Output Supported I have also tested the speakers and ran the Audio tests via dxdiag and all of the sound tests passed and I can hear the Audio I have updated my DirectX to version DirectX c Here My Gateway Win-XP Media Edition 2005 Audio Some times is the problem If someone sends me a quot Youtube quot vidio for example I can watch the video clip But cannot hear the audio If I go to Military dot com and watch a quot Shock and AWE quot clip video is ok no Audio What Works I can play my installed flight sim games and they work fine Windows Media seems to play both Audio and Video What would you folks suggest on how to Trouble shoot this problem Any questions as to Hardware or Software currently installed just let me know I ran the EVEREST REPORT and can look up any info needed Thank you for your comments nbsp

A:My Gateway Win-XP Media Edition 2005 Audio Some times

Save your Christmas money and buy a PCI based sound card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-gateway-win-xp-media-edition-2005-audio-some-times.95127/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey guys I ve been having this problem for a while now and it s very frustrating I will be surfing Frequently out diconnects server/server times from the net and all of the sudden a page will fail to load and it will say that the server timed out or that I am disconnected from the server I have a wireless set-up just like everyone else in my house but I m the only one with this issue When this happens it doesn t say that I ve lost my internet connection pages just won t load I am only about ft from the wireless router so that can t be the problem and I just can t figure this out I usually have to disable my wireless for a few minutes and then reenable it for it to work again but sometimes that doesn t work either When I try to reconnect to Frequently diconnects from server/server times out the router it sometimes fails to connect and says that I may have a weak signal but thats not the case On some nights this occurs every mins Do you have any idea what might be causing this Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Frequently diconnects from server/server times out

Try running a virus & Spyware scan. A number of these can cause this issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frequently-diconnects-from-server-server-times-out.94651/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a Toshiba Satellite hooked up to my wireless on my pc upstairs. I have no trouble with the pc, but the laptop connection to the internet can't seem to stay connected once I walk away from it. I have tried finding settings to extend the time, but can't find anything within the properties of the connection. Is there somewhere else that addresses this problem? Please help....thanks

A:Wireless connection times out

Sounds like your just loosing signal with your router, have you tried repositioning your router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-times-out.88909/
Relevancy 39.99%

HOPING to see if 7.9 would work for my radeon 1950 256 mb x16
7.8 giving me alot of problems..hoping that 7.9 would be my solution..
if not then..imma have to stay with my little PCI radoen 256 little weenie card with its latest driver. 6.11. lol

so repost me and tell me if you guys think its worth a try or sometin.

A:Driver 7.8 Didnt Work, 7.9 Is Out

Are you uninstalling the old graphics driver through Add and Remove Programs before you install any new ones?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/driver-7-8-didnt-work-7-9-is-out.88122/
Relevancy 27.52%

Cpu Fan Noise A few times a day

Hey frnds,

need ur help. I have Amd 2800 processor with 512 ddr 2 ram, Asus motherboard, 333 Mhz Fsb. The problem is a starnge one.

Shen i switch the system on in the mornin i get a starnge sound from the back of the Cabinet. I tried to find out where it is from and realised its from Fan. but if at that moment if it restart the system it vanishes and never re coccurs. till the time there is again a gap of 5-7 hrs in startin the system.

I mean it occurs when the system is switched off for 5-7 hrs and then started. No problem with the OS or the programs.

Pls suggest wat can be the solution.

A:Cpu Fan Noise A fe times a day

Check the blades of the fan, both front and back to assure that there is not a build up of dust and goo stuck to the blades. Any extra crud sticking to the blades can put them out of balance, thus creating noises.
Any residue can be cleaned off with some Q-tips and denatured alcohol.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-fan-noise-a-fe-times-a-day.81165/
Relevancy 27.52%

hey, This is my first time on techspot since june of last year. When did things change so much? Quad core? 1 TB hard drives? geforce 8800? When will everything slow down enough for me to build another PC?

A:Changing times

Probably never

Nice to see you back Paul

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-times.78641/
Relevancy 27.09%

At the moment, LCD monitors with 2ms response time are about twice as expensive as 8ms response time. My question is, how significant is this 6ms difference? I play a lot of FPS games and simply need to know if 8ms will do me fine, I am using CRT atm.

Regards,

Korrupt

A:Significance of response times of LCD monitors?

They have a 4ms for about 160$ on Newegg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/significance-of-response-times-of-lcd-monitors.57594/
Relevancy 27.09%

It s not the line if the computer is plugged directly into the modem then it gets a perfect connection without problems The firmware is updated and I have no firewall running on the test PC If it means anything very commonly before this problem starts you can t ping the router It s a dead give away that it s going WRT54G v5 crashes day times few a each to happen soon However you can still view webpages or send files It s very strange I think the router is getting bogged down and locking up I ve heard that older versions of this router used to store webtraffic for FIVE DAYS which caused problems if you were WRT54G v5 crashes a few times each day using the router for high traffic purposes The older ones would fill up internal memory and lock up You d WRT54G v5 crashes a few times each day have to reboot them to clear WRT54G v5 crashes a few times each day it However v apparently doesn t do that and it s still locking up I know routers can get over taxed by instructions So how can I make things easier for the router without reducing my traffic I sometimes have people FTPing into this site along with all kinds of other stuff going on there s got to be a way get more out of this thing If not I d like a suggestion for a solid router that won t get bogged down by anything I throw at it Anything under USD if possible nbsp

A:WRT54G v5 crashes a few times each day

Maybe the router is simply bad? Get it replaced (if under warranty) and see if the problems remain.

Turn off fancy features like packet filtering, DHCP and uPnP on the router - they are all just more services using up the system resources.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrt54g-v5-crashes-a-few-times-each-day.56338/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello like i open freezes 5600 times them other wont GFX games it sometimes and said my GFX wont let me open games sometimes For example when i double click to enter to a game the game seems to starts up but actually it never enters to the GFX 5600 sometimes wont open games and other times it freezes them game so even if i wait for day there in front of the computer it wont open I have found a way to make em open but it is damm anoying i have to GFX 5600 sometimes wont open games and other times it freezes them alt ctrl delete end the GFX 5600 sometimes wont open games and other times it freezes them progress of the game from there and then restart the Computer and then re-open the game if i dont restart the computer the game wont open it is tested thousand times So this is the st problem it happends very rare now but it is dam anoying so the next is that when i am playing a game for example World of warcraft i have random freezes and i cant do anything to unfreeze it unless i manualy reset the computer more specific when the game Freezes there is always a small white dot showing up to the left upper side of the screen And i am pretty sure that this small white dot has something to do with the freeze Btw i dont know if it has something to do with the video card but when i am playing world of warcraft and then i alt tab to open an internet explorer page and then i alt tab back to the game i have the same problem the pc just dont let me enter to the game it stucks to the website page and nomatter what it wont let me enter if i dont restart it Ahh and something last i have the same problem with Windows media player sometimes when i want to watch a video file the WMP starts and opens but the video file never opens i have to restart the Pc to watch it sorry if i confused you and thanks in advance My computer proccesor Pentium Ghz motherboard P VXAD elitegroup RAM video card GFX albatron HDD seagate OS Windows Xp prof btw dont tell me to update my video card s drivers coz i am pretty sure that this problem has nothing to do with drivers i havent update them but i am still sure nbsp

A:GFX 5600 sometimes wont open games and other times it freezes them

btw dont tell me to update my video card's drivers coz i am pretty sure that this problem has nothing to do with drivers ( i havent update them but i am still sure)Click to expand...

You 100% certain? usualy the most obvious answer is the one missed..

Troubleshoot list:

Maintainance
- Open up the case, blow out all that dust with a vaccume cleaner or compressed air.
- Check fans and/or cooling devices are operating properly
- Driver updates, Windows updates, patches, the works.
- Chkdisk /f and Defrag you HDD(s)
- Scan your hdd for viruses, warez etc..

Specific troubleshooting
- Re install the problem games/programs
- Strip down to minimum bootup/startup processes, then try it again
- any recent changes in environment (hardware, software etc)
- PSU providing enough juice to power the system? >> make and model and the wattage is usefull to post.
- any BSODS/Restarts?
- Any hardware looks or smells like damage?

Also, mabye adding another 512mb stick of ram would help.. but we shall do it one thing at a time for now....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gfx-5600-sometimes-wont-open-games-and-other-times-it-freezes-them.53500/
Relevancy 26.66%

My problem loses times signal as certin Monitor is if I m playing a game that uses d graphics my monitor will lose signal But now I just noticed if I run adobe photoshop cs for about mins it ll do it also So what do you think my problem is Ok I have a emachines Monitor loses signal as certin times t here are the specs and I have a ATI Radeon MB AGP card in with a Maya Sound Card I ve updated all my drivers and everything I m using Omega video drivers s also Processor Clock speed GHz Processor type Athlon XP Monitor loses signal as certin times Processor manufacturer AMD RAM RAM installed MB Video Output Graphics processor S ProSavage Display Projector Display type None Optical Storage CD DVD type DVD RW CD DVD read speed x CD DVD write speed x Storage Hard Drive Hard drive size GB Interface Provided Interface USB USB Parallel Parallel Microphone Microphone Headphones Headphones Audio Audio Audio Audio Storage Hard Drive nd nd hard drive installed qty None Optical Storage nd nd optical storage type DVD-ROM Read speed x Modem Modem Kbps Fax modem Audio Output Audio output type Sound card Cabinet Chassis Cabinet form factor Desktop Networking Networking Network adapter Dimensions amp Weight Depth in Height in Width in Storage Floppy Drive Floppy drive type quot MB floppy OS Provided OS provided Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Storage Removable Removable storage native capacity None Slot Provided Slot provided free free nbsp

A:Monitor loses signal as certin times

you say it "loses signal"... by that do you mean the computer remains on and you can still use it but cant see anything?

the first and most obvious thing to check would be the monitor cable, make sure that it's clean and not lose. wiggle the cable around to see if it "loses signal" again.

do you have another monitor that you could try?

also, make sure that you aren't setting the games video settings higher than your video card and monitor can handle.

It sounds to me like your power supply may be going bad. emachines are known for their low-quality motherboards and power supplies. it could be either one, but my guess is the power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-loses-signal-as-certin-times.51994/
Relevancy 26.66%

Sup got a funky monkey here and need some opinions We built a new PC been a couple years now and maybe months ago the customer wanted to add RAM They had a mb but I can t strange RAM more Won't RMA'd than 2 take mobo to times issue. MSI, 256mb & remember if it was PC or PC Anyway so we went to stick in a new mb along with it wouldn t work Wouldn t work by itself Hmm so we swapped a bunch of RAM of different speeds trying to find out what works and what doesn t And it appeared the mobo would NOT take any more then mb of RAM Not even two sticks of just wouldn t go past mb So we had to send RMA'd 2 times to MSI, strange mobo & RAM issue. Won't take more than 256mb the PC back to the customer with a DDR mb cause it was the ONLY stick that would POST We waited for a time when she could be without it so we could RMA the mobo So then we sent the mobo to MSI to fix the problem of RAM not working especially RAM that is more then mb Weeks later we got the mobo back exact same issue It would not post with anything we stuck in it except that DDR WTH So we spent more time on the phone with MSI explaining the problem in detail and RMA d it a SECOND time Weeks later we get it back and have the SAME issue ARG Called MSI for the rd time they said the mobo didn t have any problems They said check RMA'd 2 times to MSI, strange mobo & RAM issue. Won't take more than 256mb the CPU and the power supply and for grounding problems Whatever So we swapped the CPU and the power supply and took the mobo entirely out of the case same problem Reset the BIOS and it wouldn t even take the same RAM it always did Wouldn t post at all Next I just now a few minutes ago took the RAM and stuck it in the nd slot RMA'd 2 times to MSI, strange mobo & RAM issue. Won't take more than 256mb and it posted again Now it won t post with RAM in the st slot This is just getting better and better So then I tried my mb sticks in the nd slot no post Every time it doesn t post I just get one long beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep So ladies and gentlemen of TS what the heck MSI sent this back to us twice and did nothing saying it works fine But it won t post with anything except this one stick of DDR mb The other sticks are same manufacturer and speed and voltage etc We have lots of RAM to play with And yet it won t accept anything but this and now apparently doesn t even accept that in slot How can MSI say this is a good mobo What other issues could be causing this Obviously we need to just buy a new mobo but this has got me curious how in the world this can be this way ideas nbsp

A:RMA'd 2 times to MSI, strange mobo & RAM issue. Won't take more than 256mb

got me stumped...

Well of corse now try the new mobo.

Try calling them again. Explain what happened.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rmad-2-times-to-msi-strange-mobo-ram-issue-wont-take-more-than-256mb.48959/
Relevancy 39.56%

i have CONQUERER FX 5200 AGP 128 MB RAM, it was working fine since last week, now when i turn off machine, machine want boot up.

i have 1 cd write and 1 DVD writer, have 2 hard drive in CPU, my mobo is chaintech i dont have exact no i will get it by evening.

this card was working fine since last week as i mention, now when i power on CPU green light on both CD drive is solid green, hard drive is not spinning CPU fan and fan on display card is running,i dont get any beep for display card and i dont have integrated display card in my mobo. have 350 W power supply.

i have tried with simple 8MB PCI display card my machine is working fine, i am using that way, but for my TV tuner and video application i need fx5200 back.

any help will appriciated.

Thanks

A:with FX5200 machine didnt bootup

Sounds like have a dead card. If farily new might try to return or RMA it or maybe be time to upgrade a bit. I don't know how much you can still find 5200, but a 6200 is supposed to be basically the same card just a generaion newer. Might still work for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/with-fx5200-machine-didnt-bootup.44773/
Relevancy 27.09%

O.k. people here it is;
asus 370 socket m.bd.
w2k o.s.
10gb hdd.
Im trying to install a new wd80gb cavier hdd.
I have w98se cd,xp pro-cd,xp-6 disk floppy set.
which way do i go to install xp on new hdd. so i can get rid of the 10 gb hdd.
oh guru answer thy ?

A:hard times installing hdd

You would be best served by removing the 10GB drive and installing the 80GB drive. Then use the XP Pro CD to install (including partition and format) XP on it. Once that process is complete, you can shut down and add the 10GB drive back in as a secondary.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-times-installing-hdd.41504/
Relevancy 26.66%

i need a god of computer maintenance. :angel:
my friend computer keeps rebooting at random. :dead:
even on the post screen during boot it reboot. :dead:
we have changed the following items:

motherboard (now using a P4P800E-Deluxe)
memory (now using a PC3200-512Mb)
processor (PIV 3.0Ghz)
power supply unit (now using a 450W)

everything is new, only the problem is the same it keeps rebooting. :hotbounce .
we cleaned all the others conectors, boards, slots.

there's no heating issue, the cpu keep 40-50c and
mobo 30-40c.

maybe a HD problem, or a cd/dvd recorder but they're almost new
(6 months)

if someone can help me.
i'm still working on it, trying to find a solution. :knock:
any help will be welcome... :wave:

A:you're my last resource!!! computer rebooting at random times...

Dis-connect everything except the CPU, video card, one stik of RAM, and the keyboard and mouse.
Re-boot with a floppy boot disk and let us know what transpires...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/youre-my-last-resource-computer-rebooting-at-random-times.39171/
Relevancy 27.09%

i need some help!!!!!​Recently my computer is experiencing problems, in which when i start the PC it loads up to the desktop then, the monitor goes down n it just stops loading. this happens about 3 to 4 times and then it works fine. but i still get an error message sayin 'windows has recovered from a serious error.'

i have replaced my RAM and my Graphics Card and upgraded my computer to Windows XP Home Ed with Service Pack 2, but i still experience problems.

Processor 900mhz AMD
128 RAM
Geforce 4 MX

please reply urgently its driving me INSANE!!!

A:##my Comp Keeps Restarting 3 To 4 Times B4 It Gets To Desktop!!##

Are you getting Blue screen errors just before it turns off, it may be software/hardware incompatibility.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-comp-keeps-restarting-3-to-4-times-b4-it-gets-to-desktop.38192/
Relevancy 27.09%

I built the following computer:

Antec SLK2650-BQE with 350W PS
Asus P5GL-MX MB
Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz
Two Corsair ValueSelect 256 MB DDR400
ATI Radeon X550
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum with Front Panel Jacks
SATA HD
DVD/CD-RW

It's running a fresh install of Windows XP Home. At random times, it will shut off by itself with no error message -- sometimes after an hour, sometimes after a day or two, sometimes with applications running, sometimes with nothing running. It boots back up fine and has no other issues. All drivers and BIOS are latest and nothing is flagged in the hardware manager.

The ASUS PC Probe reports CPU temperatures no higher than 53 C, even under continuous heavy load, and all voltages stay very close to spec (within 0.3 V).

Any ideas?

Thanks. Larry

A:Computer shuts off at random times

Forgot to mention

I forgot to mention that the Intel Pentium 4 630 didn't come with any thermal paste, so I didn't apply that below the stock heatsink.

Is that an issue?

Would the ASUS Probe report a false heat score and the CPU actually be considerably hotter?

Thanks in advance. Larry

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shuts-off-at-random-times.37123/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi:

I have a 160 GB Samsung SP 1614 C and tried several Linux distros. Every time I install one Ive formated the disk. How many times can a HDD be formated?

Thanks.
Joao

A:How many times can an HDD be formated

Basically unlimited, as long as the harddisk itself is OK.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-many-times-can-an-hdd-be-formated.31634/
Relevancy 27.09%

I m using an times at goes blank random screen IBM Thinkpad T running Windows screen goes blank at random times XP My video card screen goes blank at random times is an ATI Mobility Radeon I m not exactly sure screen goes blank at random times what I did if I did anything but last night while I was using my laptop my screen went blank but my hardrive light was still flashing The screen wouldn t come back for anything so I restarted it and the screen goes black again after a few minutes of using my computer So again I restarted and the screen would be blank on boot Not even the screen where it says quot IBM Thinkpad quot displays Testing out a few more restarts I found out that the screen would go blank at random times Either during boot or right after Windows XP loads or after a few minutes of using the laptop On certain times after a restart I would get an error message about my ati driver causing the problem So I try to reinstalll the latest catalyst driver from the ati site but it can t install because it says I have to have a Standard VGA driver installed before installing the new driver The thing is that I don t know how to install the Standard driver I m also wondering if its even the driver thats the problem because the screen does go black even in the BIOS I assume it s a hard drive problem maybe causing a dll fill in my video drivers to be corrupted or some sort I don t know really I would really appreciate it if someone knew what my problem was and how to fix it nbsp

A:screen goes blank at random times

First thing I would try is to do an error-check on your hard drive. Click on your "My Computer" icon then right click your hard drive icon, go to "Properties". Click on the "Tools" tab then, under Error-Checking, click "Check Now..." Then check "Automaticly fix system errors" and "Scan for and attempt to recovery of bad sectors". You'll have to restart then it will automaticly start the check. Hope this helps you.

Gamester

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-blank-at-random-times.28041/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey guys, im kinda new to this forum so bear wit me Alright so heres the scenario, the game looks incredible with my current grafix card (radeon 9550 256mb 4x/8x agp) but the load times between scenes are pretty long. Try around 40 seconds long. Im running two 512 ddr sticks of pc2100, and an amd athlon xp 2000+. The mobo i have is 4x agp only. Is it possible to speed up my load times in this game?

A:Horrible load times in HL2. Could mobo/proc be problem?

The load times are down to your computer, however I used to have a 1.50GHZ p4 and that ran hl2... try using this website and remove some backround programs. This website if followed correctly will speed up your pc abit...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/OptimizeXP.html

P.S: this website only optimizes xp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/horrible-load-times-in-hl2-could-mobo-proc-be-problem.26415/
Relevancy 40.85%

My regular computer is a kicked internet on sign others of when Dell Dimension It s running XP with Service Pack I have McAffe kicked of internet when others sign on anti-virus that I kicked of internet when others sign on downloaded from AOL I also just acquired a Dell Inspirion M laptop It also has Xp and SP and I also have McAffe on the laptop I have my regular computer hooked to Comcast broadband internet through a Motorola surfboard modem I hook the laptop to the regular computer using a cat cable The problem is that when I am on the laptop and someone else gets on the reg computer and connects to the internet I get kicked off the internet and cannot connect again until the other person gets off I feel like I am doing something wrong on the most basic level duh If there is anyone that can lend some advice that would be cool Ps I just found that it is when someone signs onto AOL that I get kicked off It is fine if they just open IE but sign onto AOL and poof nbsp

A:kicked of internet when others sign on

OMG. I am losing my mind. I've contacted AOL twice and they cannot get it through their minds that connecting to AOL kicks me totally offline on the laptop. They have it stuck in their mind that I am trying to sign into aol on both computers and that is the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kicked-of-internet-when-others-sign-on.22730/
Relevancy 23.65%

So I just got done replacing the motherboard amp power supply a times, won't it motherboard, booted Replaced windows windows... load now few on my Dell Dimensions a few days ago I replaced them because they had burned up and my computer would not even powerup a new power supply did Replaced motherboard, windows booted a few times, now it won't load windows... not fix the problem Anways I have new problems now Replaced motherboard, windows booted a few times, now it won't load windows... So it booted fine for a few days and worked great after i had replaced the MB and PS Then today I get a couple quot blue screens of death quot that made me restart a few times I also got a few windows errors when I tried to open My Computer I didnt think they were that big of a deal because i had gotten these errors before with no following consequences Now after the th Replaced motherboard, windows booted a few times, now it won't load windows... blue screen of death and th time restarting it won t restart It simply goes to a blank screen after the Dell bios splash screen appears I have maxtor hard drives- gig and gig I have not made any changes to my computer in the last few days For RAM I have x meg and x meg I already took out my harddrives and made sure they were connected correctly- both are set to cable select with the jumpers I am real close to formating the HD and reinstalling windows Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Replaced motherboard, windows booted a few times, now it won't load windows...

If you replaced the Mobo with a different brand / version of the one you had before. You'll have to reinstall Windows anyway.
Different drivers and settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-motherboard-windows-booted-a-few-times-now-it-wont-load-windows.21335/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,

I have an ASUS P5GDC DELUXE motherboard. And sometimes the board makes a beeping sound when i'm playing games (one beep, then a 2 second pause then another beep).

This is not a great concern for me as the games run fine at max detail with no problems.

Also it doesn't do it constantly, just one or twice an hour, or sometimes never. Is this a heat related issue?.

The processor has a stock cooler on it, and the case has an additional 4 cooling fans, not including the graphics card.

Temperatures at idle...
CPU 44c (2556 rmp)
Motherboard 25c
Graphics card 39c

Many thanks in advance.

ASUS P5GDC DELUXE
P4 PRESCOTT 3.2 (800MHZ FSB)
1536MB PC3200 (DDR400) CRUCIAL TECH RAM). DUAL CHANNEL INTERLEAVED.
RADEON X800 XT PCI EXPRESS
140GB MAXTOR HDD

A:Motherboard beeps 2 times when playing games!!!!

Check Howard's beepcodes http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic17013.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-beeps-2-times-when-playing-games.18012/
Relevancy 27.09%

i have my comp sitting on a shelf on top of my monitor, the side of the case is off, and i have 2 case fans. Funny thing is that my computer will not stop locking up. It doesnt happen with any certain app or any other thing, just pure random. I have an AMD Duron 750 MHz cpu, xtasy everything 64 mb gforce 2 mx 400 video, and running 384 mb sdram.

A:Comp Locking up at least 2 times a day

rick is right about what is the most likely cause of the lockups ( drivers) with via chipsets I have found the most common source of instability to be problems with the USB drivers. many times people do not even load the drivers which are seperate download and install from the via 4 in 1 drivers.

the very first thing to check is device manager and make sure there are not question marks or triangles with exclamation points in them next to any devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-locking-up-at-least-2-times-a-day.7101/
Relevancy 27.09%

I just built a new computer with a Gigabyte motherboard and an Intel i5 1150 processor worked fine for about 4 days now beeps repeatedly about 50 times and then reboots and repeats the process. Never passes POST so I can't use any diagnostic software. I've tried removing the PCIe cards and doesn't resolve issue.

A:Computer beeps 50 times and reboots

How many memory sticks are installed? Did you put thermal paste between the CPU and its heat-sink?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-beeps-50-times-and-reboots.215552/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,
Consider I have a raw (unused) CD/DVD. I want to burn some data in it. My data only gets about 20% of the capacity of that CD or DVD. Maybe some time in future I want to add some more data on that. How can I burn that primary data to that CD to be able to add more in future?
Is it possible to do that work with only Windows built-in apps or I should surely use some other apps like Nero?
My machine: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

A:How to burn a CD/DVD multiple times?

Yes, it is possible with the built in stuff in Windows. When you insert a blank disc it asks if you want to use it like a USB drive or like ... something else, I forget right now and I'm not on a Windows machine. Choose USB.

If you don't get that message, then you'll need to reset the actions or whatever happens when you insert a blank cd/dvd.

Sorry I don't have the specific details, hopefully someone else will chime in with those. But, if you haven't told windows to not prompt you when you insert a blank disc then it will give you that option (to choose use like a USB) and that is what you want to pick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-burn-a-cd-dvd-multiple-times.198961/
Relevancy 27.09%

When I turn on my computer once, nothing will happen, my mouse, keyboard, nor monitor will turn on. However, after restarting it 4 times using the power button, it works. It's not a huge problem, but I would just like to know if anyone has a solution or a possible solution? Note: It has not always done this, but has been for the past couple months.

Specs:
AMD A6-5400k Dual Core
Nvidia GTX 750 1GB ACX
750GB SEAGATE HD
FM2A75M-DGS ASRock motherboard
Windows 7 Ultimate
4GB Corsair RAM (Unknown clock speed)

A:I have to turn my computer on and off 4 times for it to work

May be a power supply issue. Change it out...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-to-turn-my-computer-on-and-off-4-times-for-it-to-work.207305/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi PC Restarts before booting 100 correctly times I am fairly new here and I have been having major issue s with my PC here is the problem Ok so basically when I switch my power on it will instantly turn off from - seconds the time is random PC Restarts 100 times before booting correctly sometimes I get to windows loading screen sometimes I don t This repeats from - times until it finally becomes stable and stays on However sometimes it will stay on completely such as right now the only reason I am posting this topic is because my PC has stayed on tomorrow might be a different story The problem accrued around month ago my PC would do this problem exactly but would only need to restart times rather than a random amount of times until it works Things I have tried or done to help the situation I have a graphics card which has been replaced the problem persisted with both of them which leads me to believe its not that I have Ram slots off which are used and ram was recently installed but again the problem persisted before I bought the RAM I have reset my BIOS and I took out the battery for it to reset the problem still accrued I formatted Windows the problem still accrued The only thing I have not done is replace my PSU the power cables ect While doing this process I did get a beep code which has now gone but the beep code was long short Asus motherboard which apparently was VGA Card but I never touched the VGA Card to solve the problem weird right My Question Has anyone ever had this kind of problem or suspect what the problem could be Thanks in advanced nbsp

A:PC Restarts 100 times before booting correctly

Go ahead and replace the power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-100-times-before-booting-correctly.201245/
Relevancy 27.52%

I m using Microsoft Windows Vista Premium Home O S system based PC I recently received a windows update notification to install Internet Explorer for Windows Vista for x based systems The install was successful Since installing IE I ve been having an issue with Outlook Web Access company s email to access and view mails remotely I can log into OWA successfully I can view mails in succession just by single clicking on one mail then another Here s the problem When I double click on an out times OWA to IE 8 upgrading after email item OWA times out after upgrading to IE 8 to open the mail for better viewing I constantly receive the OWA login screen to enter my username and password This only happens when I double click on an email item to open it up If I just click on email items to view them one after another without opening them then I m not being prompted for log on credentials I didn t have the above problem when using IE Before entering my username and password at the OWA log in screen under Security I select Premium and under Client I select Private computer I need help So what is going on here Should I revert to IE or what I checked windows updates this morning and noticed I have an important update Windows Service Pack for x based Systems kb Should I install this update and if so will it rectify my problem Any assistance will be truly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:OWA times out after upgrading to IE 8

Try some of these:

http://www.google.com/search?q=OWA+...ent-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-26,GGGL:en

It would be helpful if you tell us how much RAM you have installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/owa-times-out-after-upgrading-to-ie-8.129106/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello I m new to times and at while other random videos watching some BSODs this community and I hope someone can help with this massive issue I ve had since March of last year My pc is fairly new I purchased it one year ago I got my first bsod the day I installed a video game called League of Legends Since that installation I would get random bsod every few months when I would try and log off then it would happen when I d log on then it would happen while I would try and watch a video BSODs some at random and other times while watching videos on youtube or other websites Recently the bsod has become more frequent like - times per week but now it seems worse b c now it lags like crazy and my pc asks me to put in the recovery disc to bring it back to the factory defaults which i kept avoiding for sometime But days ago my pc lagged so much that I finally uninstalled League of Legends but a portion of that game would not uninstall But afterwards my pc lagged even more than before then another bsod happened and i gave up and brought my pc back to an out of box state So I assumed everything would be better with LOL off my pc and it is as far as the lagging goes there is none but to my dismay my pc Bsod twice and one of those asked me to use the recovery disc again Which I have not Now I m confused and frustrated and don t know what to do Btw I m a bit of a newb when it comes to computers and such so pls give me thorough instructions and how to s thanks sooo much pc info model Qosmio F - Os Windows home premium Bios version Cpu Intel core i cpu m ghz Video Card Nvidia Geforce GT m Please let me know what else you need nbsp

A:BSODs some at random and other times while watching videos

Go here:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

Test the hard drive and memory, then use the instructions to post any minidumps and use the ZIP function in the attachment feature if you need to

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-some-at-random-and-other-times-while-watching-videos.177920/
Relevancy 27.52%

Why the hell does Windows change the date modified attribute on files that were created prior to the time change?! It makes no sense, and it just messes a ton of crap up! Does anyone have an answer on how to avoid this? I have time sensitive data that when we hit standard time messed things up from daylight saving time by subtracting an hour!!!

A:DST and Windows Times

What would happen if you unchecked the box for automatically adjusting for DST and just changed the time manually? Wouldn't all times on files stay the same then? Of course, unchecking the box will not help after the time change, only before, so it's too late now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dst-and-windows-times.137514/
Relevancy 26.66%

I want to shutdown my computer at 1230am Mon - Fri and not on weekends. I am running XP. Is there a way to do this?

A:How Do I Shutdown My Computer on Specific Days & Times

Sure.

1) Create a "shutdown" script.
2. Use the windows task scheduler to run the script at the days/times you want. Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Scheduled Tasks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-shutdown-my-computer-on-specific-days-times.137191/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi there Past the last few days I ve been getting BSODs several times per day This occurs most frequently while gaming World of Warcraft My system specs are as follows Windows ultimate OEM Age of system bought the PC years ago - I ve never reinstalled the OS CPU Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz Videocard NVIDIA GeForce GTS I ve run a System Health Report and another BSOD- exe thing which I was instructed to run and attach to the post Also I get this message from windows when it starts back up from the BSOD Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP BCP BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Mathies AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml As mentioned I ve attached the two files to the post I hope someone can help me asap since I m highly dependant on my computer to function properly nbsp

A:BSOD several times/day -- especially in WoW. Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit

BSOD message 2

Hi, I checked the fail message again,
This time I got the error code:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1030

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 000001D4
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 92DDA542
OS Version: 6_1_7100
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\010212-14773-01.dmp
C:\Users\Mathies2\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-47174-0.sysdata.xml

Just thought I'd post it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-several-times-day-especially-in-wow-win-7-ultimate-32-bit.176468/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello there!!!

I cannot remember how many times I got bsod from different message like PAGE_FAULT something like that. This time, I got ntfs.sys causing of bsod now. I run memtest and after 2-3 minutes of running, I got 4 errors and 0 passes. Do you think this is 100% memory fault? Or there is some faulty hardware involve on ntfs.sys error?

By the way, I have XP Pro Sp2 OS.

Thank you in advance....

A:BSOD many times

Any errors with Memtest and you have corrupted memory that needs to be replaced.

Also, we here at TechSpot strongly recommend all XP users to install Service Pack 3 for security and stability.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-many-times.172329/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi everyone I 15 times a around PC freezes day am so pleased I have discovered this forum For about PC freezes around 15 times a day months now I have been putting up with multiple daily crashes The system is about years old and has been faultless up to the point where it started crashing I spoke to the manufacturer who suggested memtestX and a core temp test These have both come back without issue Since then I cannot get him to help anymore I am at the point of throwing it away and buying a new machine It would be great if I did not have to do that So I have completed my PC specifications Intel i GB MHz DDR Intel X Motherboard ATI Graphics GB Dual DVI Ports Watt PSU Card Reader AVG Virus year Windows Home Prem bit Coolermaster all black as shown in my listings X mm Cooling fans N Wifi Draft N Bluetooth Samasung DVD CD Writer GB Western Digital Caviar rpm Hard Drive The screen basically just freezes and I cannot do anthing other than re boot It would be a dream to get this PC working properly again Please help Many thanks nbsp

A:PC freezes around 15 times a day

"The screen basically just freezes and I cannot do anything other than re boot"...

I would suggest replacing the power supply, and checking the hard drive for errors

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezes-around-15-times-a-day.176274/
Relevancy 26.23%

i subscribe to the ny times feeds and alerts and suddenly, outlook has stopped posting these until hours later than the times sends the messages out. verizon says its not their fault, the times says it's not their fault, and i don't know what is going on can any of you help me out????

msmouser

A:Outlook 2003 does not post feeds from the ny times on time

Check your Outlook settings against the information online at the Microsoft Knowledge Base. There is a great deal of information there on Outlook, and I suspect something is out of Whack.
You almost need one of the Outlook 2003 manuals from Amazon com to deal with all you have to know about Outlook. They will make you a better Outlook 2003 user.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-does-not-post-feeds-from-the-ny-times-on-time.122087/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi I have been getting the BSOD on and off for a BSOD (a) random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL at times. while now I assume it might be a hardware related I just don't know how to read the mini dump BSOD at random times. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a) to figure out what it is Any help on how to fix this is greatly appreciated Here is my minidump also as an attachment kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL a An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace Arguments Arg fffffa aa a d memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg bitfield bit value read operation write operation bit value not an execute operation execute operation only on chips which support this level of status Arg fffff a b address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ WRITE ADDRESS fffffa aa a d CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP nt MiReleaseConfirmedPageFileSpace fffff a b fb btr qword ptr rax rbp CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xA PROCESS NAME FlashPlayerPlu TRAP FRAME fffff e b -- trap xfffff e b NOTE The trap frame does not contain all registers Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect rax fffffa abda rbx rcx rdx rsi rdi rip fffff a b rsp fffff e rbp f r fffff BSOD at random times. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a) e r fffffa af r r r r r r iopl nv up ei pl zr na po nc nt MiReleaseConfirmedPageFileSpace x fffff a b fb btr qword ptr rax rbp ds fffffa abda ffdfffffffffffe Resetting default scope LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff c e to fffff ca c STACK TEXT fffff e fffff c e a fffffa aa a d nt KeBugCheckEx fffff e fffff c ae nt KiBugCheckDispatch x fffff e b fffff a b fffffa afca fffffa afca nt KiPageFault x fffff e fffff a aa e fffff ec a nt MiReleaseConfirmedPageFileSpace x fffff e c fffff b daf fffffa a ffff nt FNODOBFM string' x fffff e fffff c b ffffffff ffffffff fffff e fffff e nt NtFreeVirtualMemory x f fffff e fffff c fffff ff fffff e nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x fffff e fffff ff fffff e nt KiServiceLinkage fffff e fffff e d a nt RtlFreeUserStack x fffff e fffff e d fffffa dd fff b nt PspExitThread x dd fffff e a fffff e fffffa ada fffffa ada fff b nt PspTerminateThreadByPointer x d fffff e aa fffff c b fffff e b fff b ba nt NtTerminateThread x fffff e ae e ea nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x eae b x e ea STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt MiReleaseConfirmedPageFileSpace fffff a b fb btr qword ptr rax rbp SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt MiReleaseConfirmedPageFileSpace FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP e IMAGE NAME memory corruption FAILURE BUCKET ID X xA nt MiReleaseConfirmedPageFileSpace BUCKET ID X xA nt MiReleaseConfirmedPageFileSpace Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt trap xfffff e b NOTE The trap frame does not contain all registers Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect rax fffffa abda rbx rcx rdx rsi rdi rip fffff a b rsp fffff e rbp f r fffff e r fffffa af r r r r r r iopl nv up ei pl zr na po nc nt MiReleaseConfirmedPageFileSpace x fffff a b fb btr qword ptr rax rbp ds fffffa abda ffdfffffffffffe kd gt knl Couldn't resolve error at 'l' kd gt knL Stack trace for last set context - thread cxr resets it Child-SP RetAddr Call Site fffff e fffff a aa nt MiReleaseConfirmedPageFileSpace x fffff e c fffff b daf nt FNODOBFM string' x fffff e fffff c b nt NtFreeVirtualMemory x f fffff e fffff c nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x fffff e fffff ff nt KiServiceLinkage fffff e fffff e d nt RtlFreeUserStack x fffff e fffff e d nt PspExitThread x dd fffff e a fffff e nt PspTerminateThreadByPointer x d fffff e aa fffff c b nt NtTerminateThread x fffff e ae e ea nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x a eae b x e ea Cheers K

A:BSOD at random times. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting.  Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.  i5 and i7 processors can be "auto-overclocked" by using Intel's TurboBoost feature.  If so, it's safe to disregard this caution. Processor may be overclocked!Expected Frequency:   1600Actual Frequency:     2294Overclock Ratio:      1.43375 Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :TVALZ.SYS                   Mon Jul 13 22:18:54 2009 (4A5BEB0E)TOSHIBA ACPI-Based Value Added Logical and General Purpose Device Driver}http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsphttp://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TVALZ.SYS NOTE:  You may not be able to update this driver.  DO NOT UNINSTALL it! Beyond this, as there was only 1 memory dump in the upload, I have these 4 suggestions:1.  Get ALL available Windows Updates.  It may take several trips to get them all2.  Get ALL available, Win8.1 compatible updates from the manufacturer's website.3.  Start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html4.  If all of the hardware tests pass, then run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html Analysis:The following is for informational purposes only.[font=lucida console]**************************Mon Aug  3 09:02:07.679 2015 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\080315-9937-01.dmp]
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: [B]7601[/B].18869.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.150525-0603
System Uptime:[B]7 days 1:28:22.703[/B]
Probably caused by :[B]memory_corruption ( nt!MiReleaseConfirmedPageFileSpace+86 )[/B]
BugCheck [B]A, {fffffa801aa6a0d0, 2, 1, fffff8000338a0b6}[/B]
BugCheck Info: [url=http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x0000000A]IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)[/url]
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa801aa6a0d0, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, bitfield :
    bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
    bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff8000338a0b6, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR:  0xA
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  FlashPlayerPlu
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: [B]X64_0xA_nt!MiReleaseConfirmedPageFileSpace+86[/B]
CPUID:        "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz"
MaxSpeed:     1600
CurrentSpeed: [B]2294[/B]

Processor may be overclocked!
Expected Frequency:   1600
Actual Frequency:     2294
Overclock Ratio:      [color=red]1.43375[/color]

BIOS Version                  Version 4.00  
  BIOS Release Date             04/08/2015
  Manufacturer                  TOSHIBA
  Product N... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585091/bsod-at-random-times-irql-not-less-or-equal-a/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello,

I have been getting BSOD for the past three days. It seems to be happening during the shutdown process and I believe has to do with a driver to in an inconsistent or invalid power state. I do not know enough technical knowledge to pinpoint the issue nor resolve it.

I have attached all the dump files below from the past 3 BSOD events.

System Information:
Windows 7 Home Edition
Intel Core i7-3820
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 670
2 Intel SSD in RAID 0

I have never had this issue happen before but seems to have started occuring after the last Windows 7 update a couple days ago. Any help fixing the problem is greatly appreciated.

A:BSOD Driver Power State Failure 3 times in past 2 days

I do not know enough technical knowledge to pinpoint the issue nor resolve it.

Anyone can learn to debug an 0x9F bug check with 0x3 as the 1st argument, it's easy. Watch.

0: kd> .bugcheck
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`141a8cd0 fffff800`00b9a3d8 fffffa80`16d3a920
Use .bugcheck to dump the string, and copy/paste the 4th argument address (fffffa80`16d3a920) into the command box (kd>). To get specific, the 4th argument address is the blocked IRP, which is the reason the bug check was called.

Now with the address, run !irp on it to display the request packet information for the blocked IRP.

0: kd> !irp fffffa80`16d3a920
Irp is active with 10 stacks 9 is current (= 0xfffffa8016d3ac30)
No Mdl: No System Buffer: Thread 00000000: Irp stack trace.
cmd flg cl Device File Completion-Context
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000

Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

>[ 16, 2] 0 e1 fffffa80141d28d0 00000000 00000000-00000000 pending
\Driver\asmthub3
The driver regarding the blocked IRP that caused the crash was asmthub3.sys, which is the ASMedia USB 3.0 Hub driver. Not surpring considering how old it is:

0: kd> lmvm asmthub3
start end module name
fffff880`09b6b000 fffff880`09b8f000 asmthub3 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: asmthub3.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\asmthub3.sys
Image name: asmthub3.sys
Timestamp: Wed Nov 02 23:00:32 2011

Update it and the crashes should stop - http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P9X79_PRO/HelpDesk_Download/

See? Not hard at all, very easy bug check.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576786/bsod-driver-power-state-failure-3-times-in-past-2-days/
Relevancy 27.09%

My 2 yr old pc experiencing bsod about 3x a week this month, plss help

proc: amd athlon II X4 635 (quad)
memory: 2 gb
video: NVDIA Geforece GT 220 (1gb)

A:BSOD three times a month or so

An Nvidia video driver is causing this...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-three-times-a-month-or-so.187188/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi all.

Recently after hearing that a local PC clinic charges 50 just to format and install anti virus I thought that its not a bad business idea and begun doing some research. What I could not find out however is how do they do it legally.

How can they install a copy of windows and anti virus so many times knowing their total is way more than 50? Can anyone tell me about a non-****** solution?

I am aware that OEM versions along with a piece of hardwere are cheaper, but the ones I've seen are not cheep enough - 60+.
"Corporate" - is that the solution? Don't really understand it that much.

I will be very great full to anyone who helps me here. 10x and thanks in advance.

A:Installing software many times.

there are all kinds of deals out there. If they allow a confirmed "busy" tech to install it "free", they still benefit on renewals... as over 50% do re-sign and pay after the old one has expired.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-software-many-times.71933/
Relevancy 27.09%

Calendars are not correct in Outlook. Whoever schedules a meeting, the calendar is correct on their computer but when it is sent to others it is one hour behind. Any Ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrong-appointment-times-with-outlook.101329/
Relevancy 27.09%

Everytime i try to burn data onto my CD-RW disks multiple times, i get an error message saying the disk is unuseable for some reason. It works fine the first few times, but come the third or forth time i try to re-record onto the disks i get the error message and the disk becomes useless and refuses to take any data. Is there a limit on the amount of times you can record onto the same CD-RW disk?

A:I can only record onto my CD-RWs limited times

Yes there is a limit, but it is in the thousands. Have you done a full erase after this happens? Try a different burner.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-can-only-record-onto-my-cd-rws-limited-times.71429/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi a few questions Can anyone help me find out why my pc keeps crashing I m not sure what info to provide other than hardware specs and the fact that it always crashes when I play Tibianic org s custom Tibia client It even does it sometimes when I m just web browsing listening to music messing with files It invalid day hibernates), system up XP also freezes 3-6 path (screen per login, boot times locks upon will lock up and give me a green screen full of bars Or the monitor goes to sleep and system locks up I used to be able to put it in hibernate and bring it out of its locked up state but not anymore button doesn t respond Also if I don t wait at login screen for seconds it will freeze at the desktop after I log in and computer completley locks up Thirdly Upon boot-up there is an invalid path for vista which I had on a partition which I am not sure how to get rid of Computer is about years old and put together myself been crashing since soon after I put it together but not any where near as often as now Any help is greatly appreciated specs Firefox fully updated Java disabled XP freezes upon login, system locks up 3-6 times per day (screen also hibernates), invalid boot path adobe updated netFW updated visual c installed updated OS windows xp bit home edition sp fully updated directx installed and updated start up programs mbamgui forcefield zatray reader sl jusched hdeck fourengine adobearm clistart ctfmon greenshot netsession win utorrent x-mouse button control disk check ran recently no problems disk defrag not in a while gb of storage left empty gb partition used to have vista on it no matter how much I cleaned dust out of system still wouldn t fix the problem gb x gskill ddr ram radeon hd mb sapphire fully updated amd overdrive maxed out graphics set for performance intel wolfdale dual core ghz antec earthwatts psu watts WD GB HDD asus p q se plus mobo updated auxilliary sound card diamond brand not in use samsung dvd cd rw drive mm fans mm fan anti virus mbam zone alarm firewall windows zone alarm nbsp

A:XP freezes upon login, system locks up 3-6 times per day (screen also hibernates), invalid boot path

This sounds like a graphics card/driver problem:
"4830 radeon hd 512mb (sapphire, fully updated) amd [email protected] maxed out
graphics set for performance"...
Try lowering the graphics settings or replacing this video card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-freezes-upon-login-system-locks-up-3-6-times-per-day-screen-also-hibernates-invalid-boot-path.184908/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,

We have a PC that is currently experiencign alot of bluescreen of deaths i have managed to get this out of the event log which is the error we get on boot up.

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 8053a6a4, parameter3 9ca1b818, parameter4 00000000.

Any help is apprechiated

A:BSOD.. Windows XP SP3.. Used to happen 3 times a day

A good, solid diagnostic step in light of your error code and symptoms is to run memtest on your memory.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 ? Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don?t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-windows-xp-sp3-used-to-happen-3-times-a-day.158551/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am running Windows 7 on an HP G60 Notebook 32 bit laptop.

For the last week the computer has began restarting at random times and I can't figure out why. I have flashed the bios and started with updating the video driver then uninstalled and reinstalled the video driver. I always get the same error in the event log.

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2010-12-11T17:32:33.470000000Z

EventRecordID 72759

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Angi-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

A:My laptop restarts at random times

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don?t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don?t Zip each one individually.

How old is this system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-restarts-at-random-times.158035/
Relevancy 27.09%

hey guys!
getting damn pissed off on my Acer desktop i bought last dec.
I had the acer Technion to came over and repair for me few months ago as it keeps freezing and restarting on its own. then he repaired by updating the BIOS and dusting off the cpu fan. so recently im having the similar problems again. im always getting Freezing screen or when its starting up then the screen freeze,
i had to manually hold the power button to force restart it a few times before it will work normally again.
any experts can help me out here?
thanks

A:Had to restart a few times to get it work

My mom's HP had the same issues only Staples techs failed to remove the dust from the PC and especially cpu even though they claimed they had -- in writing.

Once I used a can of compressed air on it and cleaned out the cpu it runs fine. Check to see if there is anymore dust build up.

Also, check to see if your fans are running icluding your video card. Check to see if your vents are clean.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/had-to-restart-a-few-times-to-get-it-work.157045/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a problem installing applications and games on my computer Please times help diagnose long Install Xp and I think that if I can figure out what is causing it I ll be able to solve many smaller problems On my computer specs listed below Typical gb games software take minutes- hour to install Installing the same things on my other PC takes less than minutes I am installing these applications from ISO images so there is no DVD CD drive in question here The computer plays these games and runs the applications very well but does suffer from occassional hiccups in performance stuttering in games applications not responding for a few seconds My guess is there is something wrong with the Hard drive or the OS installation or that I need to defragment Defragmenting takes an unimaginable amount of time when I last tried I had my computer on for Please help diagnose Xp long Install times a full day and it progressed Please help diagnose Xp long Install times to just I really don t want to format and reinstall windows I d rather buy another hard drive to install on than take that option Lastly it would be useful if I can assess my hard drives performance If you could recommend any software for that it would be ideal my computer Q GB RAM ATI PRO GB sata II Western Digital other computer AMD GB RAM Nvidia GT GB IDE gt gt gt I thought that I should mention some more information that could be related If I copy a gb file to another folder the process will take about minutes If I transfer a gb file over my network it will take about minutes probably to do with network setup I have gb free of gbs As a media student I frequently transfer a lot of data around my hard drive large video files project files CPU memory usage while installing programs does not look unstable in any way and is relatively low using task manager Uninstalling applications is very fast Thank you very much for any help in advance Schmutz nbsp

A:Please help diagnose Xp long Install times

What it sounds like is slow cpu - run Everest and look at the data and temps, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-diagnose-xp-long-install-times.114110/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello, I have been having this problem for awhile now and have not been able to narrow down what it could be until now.

My computer will All of a sudden my screen will go black, the speakers will make the usual "ERRRR, fked up" and the fans in my computer will speed up to max. Now I have checked my event logs and nothing, Ran every diagnosis I could and nothing and didn't know what to do until I saw this.

Now I know the voltage is a little under than what it should be for the -12 V however I used my Psu tester on it and it says it is fine... However its always good to get a second opinion about these situations.. So would anyone know if this is why my computer will tend to crash a lot ? Or should I be searching somewhere else ?

A:Sudden crashes during random times

The -12 volts is not used, so the reading is false and should be ignored... You could try another power supply for test purposes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-crashes-during-random-times.181176/
Relevancy 27.09%

I really need some help here, I'm this close to bin my pc

There is no pattern in the BSOD, sometimes it's when I'm surfing online, sometimes it's when I'm gaming.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66 Ghz
4 Gb of RAM
W7 64bit Ultima
ASUS P5Q Pro

Minidump from first BSOD today
View attachment 103010-52073-01.zip

A:BSOD several times every day on Windows 7

Error 0x24, NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM; This stop error means that your ntfs file system is corrupt (damage in the file system, bad hard drive data, corrupt drivers or a corrupt ntfs.sys file).

You only posted one minidump; do you have more? If so please post five most recent ones.

In the meanwhile, do check your hard disk with diagnostic tools available at your HDD manufacturer's site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-several-times-every-day-on-windows-7.155769/
Relevancy 26.66%

I m using Vista which is terrible but I don t have the funds for a new OS right now The problem is that I ll turn on my computer and it loads up just fine I get all the way to my desktop but about a minute later the whole stable to computer before it's Have enough (Vista) use 10+ to reboot times system Have to reboot computer (Vista) 10+ times before it's stable enough to use crashes not even a BSOD to give me a clue as to why So then I open it in safe mode Same thing happens I reboot again and it won t even take me to the boot mode selection screen I turn it off wait about ten seconds reboot It repeats the same cycle about twice before finally giving up the ghost and running smoothly At that point I can run it as long as I want no problem I can t put it in sleep mode though or it ll crash I ve run chkdsk countless times several registry fixers virus checking programs all of which were from trusted sources and I m virus-free I only found a few minor registry errors but these clearly weren t the issue as my computer still buggers up This started happening at the end of December and I don t know why as I hadn t downloaded any files or messed with the system at all that month I was away on vacation most of the time I ll post the six recurring errors that appear in event viewer that happen just before the system shuts down after seeming okay There are about others that sometimes occur but they seem to be a result of the system shutting down and not the cause DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments quot quot in order to run the server E B D-F A- D -B A - DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service netprofm with arguments quot quot in order to run the server A D -C - D -A B - AD B DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service netman with arguments quot quot in order to run the server BA AD - - D -B D - FC E DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service fdPHost with arguments quot quot in order to run the server B -FE A- -A - C AD EF DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments quot quot in order to run the server BE F - - D -B - C FB AF DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments quot quot in order to run the server DD ACC-F - A-A - B B DC A side note There are a few recurring errors here and there outside of the ones that result from crashes and they all have something to do with networking This is strange as I start safe mode without networking and it still shuts down Another interesting thing about it is that sometimes the system will be fine on the first startup and I ll go get food or something and when I come back it s working well But when I start up Google Chrome the system shuts down I ve reinstalled it twice and used firefox and IE to see if it was Chrome doing but it appears to be any browser that shuts it down like that nbsp

A:Have to reboot computer (Vista) 10+ times before it's stable enough to use

Laptop or desktop computer? If it is a desktop, the power supply might be the cause of the trouble

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-to-reboot-computer-vista-10-times-before-its-stable-enough-to-use.179231/
Relevancy 27.09%

System Specs Windows - x Professional M A-VM motherboard AMD Athlon x dual core - ghz gigs ddr ram The at odd reboot Random times Issue Recently very recently last - months My computer has been Random reboot at odd times rebooting when I try to Random reboot at odd times load video games this happens with Final Fantasy XIV Farm Ville and Mass Effect video games from the lowest end graphics possible to higher end graphics There Random reboot at odd times is no direct point at which the reboot happens it s random For example Creating a character on Final Fantasy tonight I was able to get to different points in the character creation process with random reboots in between each attempt Now I would assume that this would be a graphics problem But this is where the weird part comes in A good majority of my day is spent streaming video through Netflix or other stream sites such as Hulu or watch movies on youtube through media player I would assume that this would take a graphical toll on my PC as well but not once while watching a movie or tv show has my computer randomly rebooted The problem ONLY occurs when some type of video game is loaded or video game app is loaded I downloaded a program on here called SpeedFan but I am not sure what it means exactly as I am not really familiar with how hot my system should be running Temp between - c Temp steady c Temp steady c Core steady c Temp sometimes appears with a flame or a red up arrow which I am assuming is a bad thing but I have no idea what quot temp quot is on my actual hardware If anyone would be willing to take the time and assist me with this issue I would greatly appreciate it Any other tools details you may need please give specific instructions on how to obtain them or do what you need and I will gladly respond to you as soon as I can Thank you -Michael nbsp

A:Random reboot at odd times

I would also like to add that I have opened my case and all my fans are currently spinning!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-reboot-at-odd-times.154293/
Relevancy 26.66%

Good Evening All from sunny South Africa!!
My first post - so here is hoping that I get it right.
Desktop Details: -
Intel Core 2 Quad - Q8200 @2.33Ghz
4 Gig RAM (3.25 Gig) Usable
32 Bit OS Win 7 Ultimate
I have attached a zipped file of the last 5 dumps.
Thanking one and all in advance.

P.S. Forgot to mention - ran MemTest with 11 passes - no errors found.

A:Blue screens on Win 7 Ultimate at erratic times

Four of these minidumps say that crashes happen due to 'memory corruption' citing core OS components

What is the make/model of your motherboard? Graphic card? PSU?

Run memtest again but on each stick individually, sometimes memtest is unable to find any errors even with fault RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screens-on-win-7-ultimate-at-erratic-times.152510/
Relevancy 27.09%

Greetings,

I am having problems with a Windows xp machine and have tried all suggestions. the lastest Stop error was 0x000000A (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

I am attaching the last 5 minidumps

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows XP SP3 BSOD at random times

Your issue is with corrupted memory. Therefore we suggest running the free and safe memtest on your RAM

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

Step 2 ? Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don?t need to run the test any further on that stick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-sp3-bsod-at-random-times.153830/
Relevancy 27.52%

This is not a request for help. Sorry if it should of been
I just wanted to see how fast your computer boots up to a usable desktop.

I have E2140 dual core processors with 2gb ram on a ecs p4m890t-m mainboard
Win xp sp2 upgraded to sp3, .net framework v1.1, 2.0 and 3 on, latest software updates and hotfixes, nod32 v2.7, hot keyboard, a download manager and a usb pen always connected, a service from my keyboard starting also upon boot, and folderguard.
And very,very many programs but they don't start at boot
But drivers and registry both defragmented and tweaked from a slow to a medium speed (less shadows etc)

usable desktop around 1.10 seconds

hope others OS users will post too

A:Boot times

There are a lot of variables to your question. Someone who boots only with the needed antivirus, firewall and touchpad if laptop will boot fasted than someone who had additional programs and apps on startup, for instance.

All a system's specs will make a difference, plus a few more differences.

Then there' s whether it's a cold boot or a warn boot, how long it takes the DNS to register and so on.

In short, you want to compare apples to oranges- last I heard, it still couldn't be done!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-times.110986/
Relevancy 27.09%

Can anybody help I have had no problems with my system for a long time now but suddenly I have had BSOD crashes in the last days today and I can t afford this as I have work to do I ve cut amp pasted the data from WINDBG into an Excel sheet with the crash dumps alongside each other as I wanted to see if they were all the same but it looks like the first are the same last 4 BSOD the in times none after days 5 for months but the next are different However all of them say quot IMAGE BSOD 5 times in the last 4 days after none for months NAME usbohci sys quot of them say quot PROCESS NAME ekrn exe quot amp one says quot PROCESS NAME System quot this was the th BSOD 5 times in the last 4 days after none for months dump and thinking about it it actually wasn t a BSOD I had to restart the system manually as it locked up so that may be a red-herring Can anybody tell me if I have a single problem amp if so what it is If I have multiple problems gulp I hope not but any help would be appreciated I have attached the Excel file and of the DMP files I left out the st one as the nd amp rd are almost identical amp I was only allowed to upload files Cheers amp thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD 5 times in the last 4 days after none for months

All four errors point to the Windows USB driver usbohci.sys as the cause of your crashes. However, Window OS drivers are usually too general to be of much help. They more often point out that there is a problem rather than being the problem itself.

In the mix of all four was the Daemon Tools 4.0 driver sptd.sys as being unable to load. This driver a) loads at start-up and b) have given may, many people issues. Try either updating this software or uninstall it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-5-times-in-the-last-4-days-after-none-for-months.152776/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have had this issue for awhile it comes and goes I will be playing a computer game it can be anything times) (multiple when restart Freezes during I & games try to it freezes from world of warcraft to counter strike and occasionally the computer will freeze As far as I can tell it will not respond to keyboard input or mouse movements I do not hear any sounds when it freezes Freezes during games & freezes when I try to restart it (multiple times) and the monitor will be frozen on whatever window is active at the time The only thing I can do at this point is restart the computer and shut down the computer Upon doing either while the computer boots up it will freeze at random points windows icon log in screen sometimes while the bios is loading Not sure if this makes any sense but if I shut down the computer and unplug the power supply and plug it back in then turn the computer on it usually boots without freezing I really doubt its an overheating problem because I do not let the computer cool down between restarts or the unplug plug thing but I am open to all suggestions Freezes during games & freezes when I try to restart it (multiple times) Intel Core Duo E Conroe LGA GHz EVGA nForce i SLI MB GB PC - Corsair CM X - C D NVIDIA GeForce GTS nbsp

A:Freezes during games & freezes when I try to restart it (multiple times)

Anyone?

Also I just came back from vacation and now my computer won't start. It freezes at the "starting windows" screen and when I try to repair it freezes as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezes-during-games-freezes-when-i-try-to-restart-it-multiple-times.151217/
Relevancy 25.37%

In simple terms I have been getting the kernel stack inpage error for about a month now - a couple times twice a day more typically every - days Both of my hard drives C for boot and programs D for data have been imaged in the past days without error or incident Avast sweeps the computer a stack error to inpage nail a couple week, times hard maybe down BSOD - kernel - each night and there are no viruses I run most of the free malware scans on the computer and no spyware is found and I m a cautious user - it woudl be very hard for me to put malware on the computer even by accident The computer was built from newly-purchased parts in March and runs Windows XP SP It gets all the Windows updates as they re pushed to users BSOD - kernel stack inpage error - maybe a couple times a week, hard to nail down I have BSOD - kernel stack inpage error - maybe a couple times a week, hard to nail down attached the most recent BSOD dump file And BSOD - kernel stack inpage error - maybe a couple times a week, hard to nail down I ran chkdsk f r tonight on the C drive and this is the result I got Event Type Information Event Source Winlogon Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer XP Description Checking file system on C The type of the file system is NTFS A disk check has been scheduled Windows will now check the disk Cleaning up instance tags for file xcccc Cleaning up minor inconsistencies on the drive Cleaning up unused index entries from index SII of file x Cleaning up unused index entries from index SDH of file x Cleaning up unused security descriptors CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal Usn Journal verification completed CHKDSK is verifying file data stage of File data verification completed CHKDSK is verifying free space stage of Free space verification is complete CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the master file table MFT bitmap CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the volume bitmap Windows has made corrections to the file system KB total disk space KB in files KB in indexes KB in bad sectors KB in use by the system KB occupied by the log file KB available on disk bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk Internal Info a b cf W eF c f X e a e d b a N z Z f b c e fc c ed c B Vl e ca be b b e w b cc Windows has finished checking your disk Please wait while your computer restarts For more information see Help and Support Center at link deleted Click to expand Aside from the above here are things I ve tried to this point Reseated the SATA cables for the drives Vacuumed dust from the case Turned off the pagefile defragged both HDs turned pagefile back on Updated all drivers Given all this any ideas as to what the problem might be I have attached the most recent dumpfile nbsp

A:BSOD - kernel stack inpage error - maybe a couple times a week, hard to nail down

Your error code is 0x00000077: KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR
A page of kernel data requested from the pagefile could not be found or read into memory. This message also can indicate disk hardware failure, disk data corruption, or possible virus infection.

The cited probable cause of your system crashes is memory corruption so the first step you need to take is to run memtest on your RAM.

*** If Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-kernel-stack-inpage-error-maybe-a-couple-times-a-week-hard-to-nail-down.149898/
Relevancy 26.66%

I turned off automatic restart and took down the code that was displayed:

0X00000050 (0XA5948A64, 0X00000000, 0X83278C41, 0X00000000)

I googled this number and got precisely zero hits. I was hoping someone here would be able to help me resolve this. I haven't added any new hardware or software since this issue began happening earlier this week.

Thanks!

A:My Windows 7 computer has been Blue Screening three to four times a day

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don?t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don?t Zip each one individually.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-windows-7-computer-has-been-blue-screening-three-to-four-times-a-day.175093/
Relevancy 27.09%

my brand new computer has crashed 3 times in 2 days

here are the codes it is giving.

BCCode : ea BCP1 : 8725B670 BCP2 : 8AC14990 BCP3 : 8A9B5258
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

BCCode : ea BCP1 : 86E36488 BCP2 : 8AB91BE8 BCP3 : 8AC5B580
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

please help me.

A:New computer crashed 3 times in 2 days

It would be very helpful if you could give us your system specs including your operating system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-crashed-3-times-in-2-days.107198/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey guys. I am getting sick of this problem that I have put up with for quite some time.

I keep getting the same two errors, "sisgb6.sys" and "dxgmms1.sys"

If anyone could tell me what it is/how to fix it, I would greatfully appreciate it.

Thanks alot, Soldan.

P.S I have attached the minidumps from today, so far, 5.

A:Blue Screen dxgmms1.sys & sisgb6.sys 3-4 times a day

Three errors are 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers.

In all three the NDIS 6.0 Miniport Driver SiSGB6.sys for SiS191/SiS190 Ethernet Device was cited as the cause of your crashes.

If this is a prebuilt system go to the manufacture's website, find your exact PC model and update your ethernet/wireless/NIC drivers.

If this is built by you, a friend, or a third party vendor like a local PC shop then find the make of your motherboard and the model. Go to the manufacture's website and look up your motherboard. Update your ethernet/wireless/NIC drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-dxgmms1-sys-sisgb6-sys-3-4-times-a-day.148331/
Relevancy 40.42%

A few days ago, I bought a new computer (HP Pavilion a1310n) and installed AIM on it. I am permanently connected to the internet through an LAN. The problem I'm having since I got this new computer is whenever there is a quick lapse in my connection (which happens a few times a day), AIM will sign off and then automatically reconnect, but my away message will not go back up. Is there some way to set up AIM so that it will put my away message back up automatically when it logs back on? I never seemed to have this problem with my old computer, so I'm sure there's some way to do it. Thanks for reading!

A:AIM Away Message Won't Stay Up when kicked off and back on

Never mind - the problem turned out to be related to the Hibernate feature in Windows XP. Disabling this feature solved the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/aim-away-message-wont-stay-up-when-kicked-off-and-back-on.42464/