Windows Support Forum

Correctly install .iso to cd (need work boot)

Q: Correctly install .iso to cd (need work boot)

Hello , please say me how to correctly install .iso to cd , i need from
cd open boot (Like windows installing or etc)

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Correctly install .iso to cd (need work boot)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Correctly install .iso to cd (need work boot)

Hi desoft,

Welcome to Techspot.

You will need to install something like MagicISO or NERO to burn to disc. Once this has been installed you will be able to double click on the ISO file and the rest will be done by the software.

To boot from CD/DVD make sure it has been changed correctly in the BIOS.

On booting your PC press F2 or DEL to get into your BIOS.
There you can change your boot priority. Change it to your CD/DVD drive and save the cnages and exit. Your PC will reboot.

hope this Help
James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correctly-install-iso-to-cd-need-work-boot.157001/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a fully updated xp pro system that checks clean for viruses malware A week ago i bought a targus port hub for my pc It said it did not installl correctly but did not give any info or option what to do about it Restarting the PC will often make it work for a while But after a while or if you unplug the devices and plug them back in they are not recognized So basically it works intermittently Also time I got a blue stop screen because of a hardware or software problem it said That s the message install/make XP Cant Targus Pro on work Hub correctly Microsoft gave me after i submitted the error report Also nearly every time i try to shut Cant install/make work correctly Targus Hub on XP Pro down the pc it hangs on the screen where it says windows is shutting down and i have to use the power button to turn it off This is an older pc is the whole system failing or what How can I tell if it is I am trying to run a cooling fan wireless mouse printer internet Cant install/make work correctly Targus Hub on XP Pro card off of this Hub I thought maybe that was pulling too much power so experimented with only having or things plugged in but it did not help nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

After installing SP my XP Pro machines could no longer print to my network printers These were printers that were Sp3 Correctly Not Printers The After Work Of Install Bonjour Installed Do installed by using Apple s Bonjour for windows software All of the printers are either attached to Airport Express network devices or are directly attached to the network The reason I can no longer print to the networked printers is because Bonjour Installed Printers Do Not Work Correctly After The Install Of Sp3 the quot Bonjour way quot of addressing the printer which is printername local does not appear to map to a valid IP address or the lookup ends up failing in the print spool software The strangest behavior after the SP installation is that I can Bonjour Installed Printers Do Not Work Correctly After The Install Of Sp3 open a cmd window and ping the printername local and get the address of the printer but I can t use quot printername local quot as the name of the printer in a printer port configuration Bonjour for windows usually sets up printers this way but after SP these printers could no longer be found by the print spooling system I don t really understand why the print spooling system is affected unless which I suspect the DLL files that came with bonjour are no longer compatible with an SP version of XP I could fix the printers with a static address and I might end up doing just that but for now I m ping ing to find out the IP of the printer and then adjusting or creating an IP port for the address It works but it s a pain I ve tried uninstalling bonjour and Bonjour Installed Printers Do Not Work Correctly After The Install Of Sp3 reinstalling but that didn t work At this point I m wondering if I should abandon SP and uninstall it My apple friends say that uninstalling SP fixed this problem for them but I m hoping that either microsoft or apple will fix their software but I m probably being too optimistic I sent a quot feedback quot comment to apple but I m wondering if I should call the Microsoft SP help line and see if they know about the problem Anyone else have this problem

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164274/bonjour-installed-printers-do-not-work-correctly-after-the-install-of-sp3/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey there folks I've been using the EAH for a few months now it's windows on Boot does 7 no work message. Normal not correctly, error an excellent card for the price But one day after reinstalling the latest ATI Drivers completely uninstalling everything first and clearing out the GAC files because I had the issue in which Catalyst Control Center wouldn't open I've had this weird error First I will go through all the bios stuff white writing on a black screen then I will get to the colourful windows logo As seen in that picture After that it goes to a blank screen I can hear the logon sound in my headset Normal Boot on windows 7 does not work correctly, no error message. so it's just not displaying it correctly When I unplugged my and used the integrated GeForce it all works fine I do not understand why this happens and cannot explain the error much It's just a blank screen and I can see a white line down the right side of my monitor and some mutli-coloured pixels at the top sometimes Also note that everything is in a weird resolution when booting up even the white writing bios stuff Everything works fine with either card in safe mode I have windows Home Premium bit and I have the latest ATI drivers installed Again to be clear I start up computer Go through all the white writing stuff MS-DOS or whatever Get to the colourful windows logo bootup screen AFTER that screen it goes black I see a white line on the far right of my monitor and sometimes I see multi-coloured pixels at the top of the screen The bootup process is also in a weird resolution System restore isn't really an option as they've somehow been Wiped My GPU --- gt ASUSTeK Computer Inc - Graphics Cards- ASUS EAH DI GD LP

A:Normal Boot on windows 7 does not work correctly, no error message.

Wow. It's hard to say what the true cause of this phenomenon is...the new drivers are an obvious suspect, but I wouldn't completely rule out some kind of hardware failure either.

I would recommend booting into Safe Mode and then removing the driver. Then reboot normally and let Windows reinstall its generic Radeon driver so you'll at least have your proper resolution and color depth back.

This will be a good moment to create a new System Restore point. After that, you may try the new ATI driver again, but if you run into the same problem afterward then you may have to go back to an older version instead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/200817-normal-boot-windows-7-does-not-work-correctly-no-error-message.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok, here is the situation, I want to know is there a way to repair or reinstall windows like this http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt...l-windows.html?

Instead of booting with a XP Installation CD just putting in the cd and installing? Would a upgrade work? I use NTFS... The reason why I want to not boot with the CD is because I keep getting Verifying DMI Pool Data........, but instead of it sitting there forever like that, like most people, it shows the options like boot with safe mode or normal or safe mode with command prompt.

I need to reinstall Windows without loosing any data. I just want my keyboard working, and to do that I need to reinstall Windows. I keep running into problems so I would really appreciate it if someone helped me. Thanks
Carl

A:Windows Install without boot...DMI Pool Data...., and keyboard won't work:(

:'(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-install-without-boot-dmi-pool-data-and-keyboard-wont-work.677845/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have just put together my very first computer Everything went on and works correctly DVD-R\RW work Won't correctly for what I can tell hardware wise The OS I am installing is Windows XP SP installation goes fine and windows will come up after the install process However once I load my motherboards drivers and the system reboots two things will happen If there is a disk in the DVD drive the windows loading screen will come up but about the time the log on screen would come on the screen goes black and the computer locks up if there is no disk in it boots up fine If the OS boots DVD-R\RW Won't work correctly when I insert a disk the drive will not read it Won t DVD-R\RW Won't work correctly even list that I have anything in it When I roll the system back to before the motherboard drivers the dvd drive still won t autorun things correctly but I can open the disks and access them System info Motherboard ASUS A N-SLI DVD-ROM Plextor PX- SA Hard-Drive Western Digital gbs RPM Processor AMD bit FX- If you need anymore information please just ask Brad nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-r-rw-wont-work-correctly.388405/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi CORRECTLY. WORK WON'T WMP Thanks for looking at my problem OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name BOYDPHOTO-HP System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP G Notebook PC System Type x -based PC Processor AMD Athlon tm II P Dual-Core Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Hewlett-Packard F SMBIOS WMP WON'T WORK CORRECTLY. Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name boydphoto-HP boydphoto Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys I have gone to 'windows features' and unchecked it then restarted no WMP WON'T WORK CORRECTLY. help I've tried WMP WON'T WORK CORRECTLY. system restore and zippo I'm a photographer and I have a zillion files and programs I can't lose Thanks for your help Boyd

A:WMP WON'T WORK CORRECTLY.

What is Zippo? Also you did not describe the problems you are having with Windows Media Player. Any errors? What are you trying to do with Windows Media Player?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wmp-wont-work-correctly-642276.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys,

My PC was working correctly this morning and then when I came home from work and turned it on the machine doesnt load past the bios splash screen. Sometimes the one screen pops on after that says some info with the drives, ram etc but it turns black quickly with a little white line that flashes on or off in the top left like a command prompt but I cant type in anything. CTRL ALT DELETE does nothing (makes it go completely black). If I go into bios it sees all my drives correctly and the priority 1 is set to my SDD which has windows 7 on it. Theres no disc in the cd drive or usb sticks, etc. I even unplugged the cd disk drive and main HDD so theres only 1 boot possibility and I get the same result...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/401576-cant-boot-past-bios-sees-boot-drive-prio-correctly.html
Relevancy 49.88%

When you click hyperlinks that are contained in e-mail messages from Microsoft Outlook Express after you upgrade your browser to Windows Internet Explorer you may experience the following issues To solve this issue Follow the steps Click 'Start' and then click 'My Computer' On the 'Tools' menu click 'Folder Options' In the Folder Options dialog box click the 'File Types' tab hyperlinks correctly not The do work In the 'Registered file types' list click ' NONE URL HyperText Transfer Protocol' and then click 'Advanced' In the 'Edit File Type' dialog box click 'Edit' Make sure that you note the current values for the fields that are in this dialog box before you move to next step You The hyperlinks do not work correctly may have to restore the values for the fields that you changed if this method does not resolve the issue Type 'open' in the 'Action' box if it is not already there Type 'C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe' -nohome in the 'Application used to perform action' box if it is not already there Click to select the 'Use DDE' check box if it is not already selected Type '' ' - ' in the 'DDE Message' box if it is not already there Type 'IExplore' in the 'Application' box if it is not already there Make sure that there is no value in the 'DDE Application Not Running' box If there is a value in this box remove the value Type 'WWW OpenURL' in the 'Topic' box if it is not already there Click 'OK' two times to close the 'Edit File Type' dialog box In the 'Registered file types' list locate and then click ' NONE URL HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy' and then click 'Advanced' Repeat step through by using the ' NONE URL HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy' list item instead of the ' NONE URL HyperText Transfer Protocol' list item Click 'OK' to close the 'Folder Options' dialog box Test a hyperlink from Outlook Express

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/the-hyperlinks-do-not-work-correctly-337311.html
Relevancy 49.88%

This is a fresh install and I have Indexing enabled for the Entire root drive and have not altered any settings for Windows Search functions.

Example is file extension .fdb (It's a legacy database file), I have hundreds of this is several locations that I cannot recall all locations so I'm trying to use Search.

The OS is exactly named "Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium"

What is going on?
What could be something to check?
Is their some setting I've missed?
Is their any info from MSFT? Registry settings?

I'm embarrassed because I've owned a computer since 1983

A:Win 7 search does not work correctly..help??

Use another search tool such as Everything from Voidtools.com. It works very well and is very fast. The only shortcoming is that it does not search file contents, only file names and extensions.

I gave up entirely on Windows Search and indexing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/51265-win-7-search-does-not-work-correctly-help.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am using windows xp pro sp2. When I use a command window to list or delete files using wildcards it doesn't work as advertised. For example it I type:
dir mybackup?.tib

in a directory with 2 files named mybackup.tib and mybackup1.tib, both files will be listed. If I repeat with del or erase instead, both files are deleted. I have tried extracting a clean copy of cmd.exe from the install disks, but get the same result. Is this a bug in XP?

A:Wildcards in cmd.exe don't work correctly

http://www.fsref.com/pr/dosxp.shtml

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wildcards-in-cmd-exe-dont-work-correctly-139260.html
Relevancy 49.88%

In my experience with computers, the tab key has always allowed me to move from one text window to another simply by pressing the tab key. My keyboard has always done that until recently. Now when I use the tab key for any reason it takes me to a different window completely. For example if I were using word and paint. If I have minimized one to use the other and I push the tab key, it switches to the other program. Or if I'm on the web and am viewing more than one web site, if I press the tab key, it takes me to a different page instead of the next text box. I have an emachines keyboard. I would appreciate any help on this subject.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tab-key-doesnt-work-correctly.483187/
Relevancy 49.88%

I rented Blu-Ray s today thinking that my Sony VAIO FZ M or get TV work VAIO correctly Blu-Ray on Can't to would play them and via HDMI output on the Laptop watch them on my Samsung HD Can't get Blu-Ray to work correctly on VAIO or TV TV But I was wrong I put The Dark Knight into the tray and after whirring for about a minute I got the usual Warner Bros which seemed a bit jumpy but I ignored Can't get Blu-Ray to work correctly on VAIO or TV it the film started and by god I was am appauled The framerate is terrible especially for amazing quality picture So then I thought that I l hook it up to the TV and see what I get and plugged my HDMI the one from the Xbox Elite package cable into the Laptop hit play and recieved this message quot Your display enviroment does not support protected content playback quot My display enviroment What watching a film in Blu-Ray using the laptops features So I m supposed to pay for everything for the Laptop and get nothing whereas without sounding like a jerk getting some low-end brand laptop and illegally downloading the film and actually to viewally getting to view the film Sony will recieve an email about this because I refuse to buy a Blu-Ray disc player to quot watch movies on quot and then not be able to James PS Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-blu-ray-to-work-correctly-on-vaio-or-tv.785259/
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently had to take my computer home from college. It was acting a little strange before I left the dorm, but now it is blowing my mind. While at the dorm my computer would say connected, but the only browser that would work is IE. no others would, and IE didnt work on a lot of sites or downloads and other programs (Steam, Utorrent) will not connect, but as I said there is a connection! I have no idea what the problem is and I have had it for about 3 weeks now. Please help.

A:internet will not work correctly

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:02:32 AM, on 12/23/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\NISUM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\VMware Virtual Image Editing\vmount2.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ccPxySvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: mad.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Proxy Service (ccPxySvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ccPxySvc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Internet Security Accounts Manager (NISUM) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\NISUM.EXE
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
O23 - Service: VMware Virtual Mount Manager Extended (vmount2) - VMware, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\VMware Virtual Image Editing\vmount2.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-will-not-work-correctly.528899/
Relevancy 49.88%

I was trying to solve a problem with a system tray icon disappearing I Correctly None Will Of Devices Dvd/cd-rom My Work checked different forums and they said a fix could be made by stopping SSDP Discovery Service and Universal Plug and None Of My Dvd/cd-rom Devices Will Work Correctly Play Service I stopped those services and logged out and logged back in Now all of my drives the TDK cd burner my Memorex DVD burner and my AOpen DVD player all have the yellow diamond with the exclamation mark I can t get the drives to work so I can t use my cds to upgrade the drivers I ve tried downloading the drivers from the websites and they don t recognize the drives being there on the computer I have absolutely no idea what I can do I ve restarted my SSDP and UPnP services and made them automatic unplugged and replugged my drives turned off the computer and plugged them in after restarting and still have the same problems Whenever I try scanning for hardware changes the screen will go black and come back then it tells me that it has not found any hardware changes Regardless of the fact that my TDK x internal CD burner AOpen x DVD player and Memorex external DVD x burner usb all won t work Also whenever I uninstall and reinstall the drives the screen will go black again I m using Windows XP Professional with SP AMD Athlon XP GHz mb of RAM the devices that don t work exactly read as AOPEN XDVD-ROM AMH Memorex DVD -DL RW D USB device and TDK CDRW X Please help I ve been trying to fix this for almost a week now

A:None Of My Dvd/cd-rom Devices Will Work Correctly

When you say, "whenever I uninstall and reinstall the drives", did you just unplug, then re-plug the drives?Or did you go into the Devive Manager, uninstall it there, then reboot (not restart)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/42426/none-of-my-dvdcd-rom-devices-will-work-correctly/
Relevancy 49.88%

Yesterday my laptop crashed it just randomly turned off without an error screen When I turned it back on the display came up as x standard display with a large bar on the right and a small bar on the bottom of my widescreen display When I try change the screen size in display properties it wouldn't let me increase the size but instead the screen scrolls with black bars on the screen still In display properties it calls the display Digital Flat Panel x on Mobile Intel R GM won't correctly Display work GMS Display won't work correctly GML Express Chipset Family This is referred to display There is a display which is called Default Monitor on Mobile Intel R GM GMS GML Express Chipset Family When I try make display my default monitor nothing happens even after a restart Also if I try to drag monitor in front of monitor it says it is currently disabled but when it says it will enable it nothing happens Also when I identity monitors my monitor shows Thanks for any help and ask for any other needed information

A:Display won't work correctly

Hello mike313a

Try updating your video driver. There might be an error in Device Manager (see #1 below)

Also have a look in these places for errors

1. Right click My Computer / Properties / Hardware / Device Manager.
Look for "Yellow" errors

2. Control Panel / Performance and Maintenance / Admin Tools / Event Viewer / System.
Look for "Red" errors. Double click on error.
Take a note of the Event ID and also the Source and post them back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-wont-work-correctly-251748.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have not been able to use the apostrophe key because of some keyboard setting I can`t fathom. Basically, to use the key I have to hold it down for ages ''''''''''' but then lots of them appear after a really long delay. I know it`s not the keyboard because if I change to Japanese input it works okay.
It is not the problem where it waits for the next key to be pressed before appearing.

How do I fix this for my UK keyboard?

A:apostrophe key does not work correctly

Please see these links

Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter

why must i press apostrophe key twice?

Looks like this problem appears when an International keyboard layout is used. Try to use a native UK only keyboard or US keyboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/257838-apostrophe-key-does-not-work-correctly.html
Relevancy 49.02%

alright heres my problamo.
im using windows xp pro. sp2
i used to be good with wondows but changed to opensuse linux.(diff computer)

but when i create a new user account and log into it from the splash screen it takes 10 min to load and then the desktop refreshed 24/7 and moved all the folders and things into the left corner.. and when i use internet explorer XP eww it dosent save any information such as passwords or even a new home page. it will not let me change my backround of my desktop.
pretty much every time i sign off opf the new user account i made it reloads everything liek its never been used!

is this a virus which edited my binary settings?
cause i had one that disabled task mannager and did this befor but MUCH WORSE.

am i screwed with making new user accounts or what?

A:new user account do not work correctly

do a thorough search for viruses, malware and adware first. see what you can find. then post back.

otherwise you may need to go into system settings and check them out. but first search. then we may be able to suggest you on possible tips.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/new-user-account-do-not-work-correctly-262585.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Does ComboFix work correctly on Windows 10?
I figure that I would ask this question before attempting to run ComboFix on Windows 10 just in case there were some issues that I need to know about.

A:Does ComboFix work correctly on Windows 10?

No, there is a comprehensive answer from quietman7 here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591843/combofix-and-windows-10/?p=3828758

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592376/does-combofix-work-correctly-on-windows-10/
Relevancy 49.02%

Specs HP TouchSmart IQ Windows Vista Home Premium -bit ------------------------------------------------ About a year ago my TouchSmart Correctly Jack Work Headphone Not Does hard drive crashed Headphone Jack Does Not Work Correctly so I took it to FutureShop and had it replaced I was able to put all of my data back on because it was backed up but i noticed that my audio did not work correctly All they had done was put Vista back on to Headphone Jack Does Not Work Correctly it so I didn't have the TouchSmart software or Realtek HD Audio Manager like I used to Anyways the main problem is that once I unplug my headphones I cant use them again until I restart the program I'm using For example say I have my headphones plugged in and I start Firefox The sound will play through the headphones just fine and if I unplug them the sound will play through the speakers just fine but when I plug them back in the sound will continue to play through the speakers The only way to get the headphones to work again is to close Firefox and reopen it with the headphones already plugged in What may be causing this and how can I fix it

A:Headphone Jack Does Not Work Correctly

Hello and welcome to the forum.

When you bought the computer was the software already installed on the computer or did you install the software.

If you bought it with the software preloaded did you buy a set of recovery disk's also, if not you will need to get the recovery disk's or you can make a set if you have another computer to go to like maybe a friend. Here is a great tutorial...

Create a Recovery Disc

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/288934-headphone-jack-does-not-work-correctly.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am building a computer for a friend, and everything works, EXCEPT, when I surf the web, the screen freezes up, and when I reboot, a message comes up that says my video card (which is now an NVidia GeForce 3 MX/400 64mg), is probably the reason. I have updated the drivers to xp, and this is my second card. I thought the first card, of a different make and model was to blame. When I go to "system" and look at the card and drivers, there are no question or exclamation marks next to the card, and the properties for it indicate that everything is working properly. Does anyone know what is causing this? I have taken the card out and put it in again to make certain it is not loose.

Thanks!

Relevancy 49.02%

To be honest I m not sure if this belongs here as this is an issue with an independent game If this is the wrong area then I kindly ask a moderator to move it to the correct area I am having trouble getting a GameJolt game to work properly I got the game from the GameJolt website so I don t think it game can't help) to GameJolt work correctly I a get to (please seem has anything to do with it being some sort of virus or anything like that Here is the game in question http gamejolt com games strategy-sim six-night-s-at-pink-pinkie The game appears to run fine however when I hit quot Exit quot my laptop desktop screen shows up for a second before being replaced by a black screen Ctrl Alt Del does nothing Alt F does nothing It pretty much doesn t allow me to do anything This forces me to forcefully shut down my laptop and restart it Attempt to contact the maker of the game have gone unresponded Here are the specs of my laptop I am trying to run the game on Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz GHz RAM GB GB usable System Type -bit Operating System Graphics Intel R HD Graphics Operating System Windows If someone on here could please give me assistance with this to I can't seem to get a GameJolt game to work correctly (please help) make the game run I can't seem to get a GameJolt game to work correctly (please help) correctly I would really appreciate it Thank you nbsp

A:I can't seem to get a GameJolt game to work correctly (please help)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-seem-to-get-a-gamejolt-game-to-work-correctly-please-help.1147228/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi evreybody I'm new I'm not english so I'm sorry since now if something will be wrong with the language and I have a big problem with my video card since I installed Windows Seven AMD does not support my video work 9550 ATi correctly drivers don't card an ATi Radeon Mb with compatible drivers for Seven I ATi 9550 drivers don't work correctly tried to install the drivers for Xp bit but even if I selected the compatibility mode in properties for that OS when I restarted Windows after all the driver installation process I can't see anything on my monitor or better I see it's difficult to explain many vertical lines mainly colored in white and black flashing continously Now I changed the video card with another one only to uninstall the ATi 9550 drivers don't work correctly old drivers and retry in another way And here comes ATi 9550 drivers don't work correctly out the second problem When I go in the Control Panel to select the windows uninstall tool he says me that it's impossible to uninstall old drivers or non-ATi drivers I'm looking for an external tool for uninstalling driver I found Driver Magician except this second problem is there any solution for the incompatibility with my video card please don't say me to change it I tried to search here on the forum for something but I didn't find anything Thank you very much and sorry again for my english Bye EDIT My Windows Seven version is the Release Candidate so the one

A:ATi 9550 drivers don't work correctly

Most people have found that the ATI Vista drivers will work okay in Windows 7. I used them until ATI came out with the v9.6 drivers.

What brand of card is the second one you installed?
Did you go to control panel and try uninstalling the driver(s) there?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/15587-ati-9550-drivers-dont-work-correctly.html
Relevancy 49.02%

alright heres my problamo.
im using windows xp pro. sp2
i used to be good with wondows but changed to opensuse linux.(diff computer)

but when i create a new user account and log into it from the splash screen it takes 10 min to load and then the desktop refreshed 24/7 and moved all the folders and things into the left corner.. and when i use internet explorer XP eww it dosent save any information such as passwords or even a new home page. it will not let me change my backround of my desktop.
pretty much every time i sign off opf the new user account i made it reloads everything liek its never been used!

is this a virus which edited my binary settings?
cause i had one that disabled task mannager and did this befor but MUCH WORSE.

am i screwed with making new user accounts or what?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-accounts-will-not-work-correctly-262390.html
Relevancy 49.02%

if I press the left shift button it types a "1 or !" if I press the right shift button it types ''w or W'' please help me

A:My shift button does not work correctly

Do all other keys work correctly? What causes the "1" versus the "!" to show up? Or is it just random?

Are you using a standard keyboard on a current Windows system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-shift-button-does-not-work-correctly.182477/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Compaq Presario R3000 laptop that right now i have as a dual boot system WIN XP Pro and REDHAT 9 the problems i am having is that i can not find the drivers for my sound card or video card if i can find out where to get these and how to install them i will be getting rid of windoze all together I am very new to linux i am currently taking a class in linux but the teacher does not seem to have time to try and help me get everything working I hope that someone in these fourms can help me Thanks for anyhelp you can give me :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/redhat-9-on-laptop-in-need-of-help-with-getting-everything-to-work-correctly.17998/
Relevancy 49.02%

Heya I ve got a problem with my laptop don?t ports USB correctly work laptop of 4 3.0 2 s USB ports All four are rated and I ve 2 of 4 laptop USB 3.0 ports don?t work correctly installed all drivers from the laptop s support page as of a month ago and everything else from Windows Update Presently two ports function fine but the other two 2 of 4 laptop USB 3.0 ports don?t work correctly refuse to connect as giving me a message saying d evice can perform faster when connected to USB Additionally they occasionally won t recognize my USB devices which work perfectly well everywhere else at all though disconnecting and reconnecting usually solves this after a couple tries I think I m running the latest drivers and all but I m not experienced enough with the Device Manager and such to really tell if I m missing something There are no error messages or unidentified devices there at least The USB devices I use are a SanDisk Ultra GB thumb drive and a Verbatim SNS TB external HDD General specs Model Asus G JZ-DB OS Windows x CPU Intel Core i - HQ RAM GB DDR dual-core Storage GB SSD TB RPM HDD Thanks in advance for any help Please note that replies may be infrequent since I have sporadic online access

A:2 of 4 laptop USB 3.0 ports donít work correctly

Are you sure they are all USB 3.0 ports? On my K75DE two are (Blue) USB 3.0 ports and two are (Black) USB 2.0 Ports.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/59859-2-4-laptop-usb-3-0-ports-don-t-work-correctly.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I cannot get Adobie Flash to function correctly. Additionally about 50% of the pictures I see on sites have a red X or the square / triangle / circle logo on them. I have repeatedly installed the Flash Active X from Adobe?s site. The flash animation comes up and shows that I have successfully installed flash, yet I am still getting red X's and many flash animations don?t work.

I have XP Home SP3.

A:Flash wont work correctly.

G'Day audiobahn, Welcome to TSF!

Please try this workaround...

Go Start > Run > type in the box C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash

Now copy the Flash9e.ocx file and then pasted it back in the same directory.

You will have created Copy of Flash9e.ocx; rename it to Flashe.ocx.

This effectively will give you two files; Flashe.ocx and Flash9e.ocx, both the same file; although with a different name, in the same directory.

This generally stops the issue you have described.

Post back with the outcome.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/flash-wont-work-correctly-275475.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Well I have gone through several different window's OS in the past year, and everytime I set up the network I get this error:

I run network setup on both PCs, and they both see each other. My laptop can access my PC, I can store data onto my PC. I am trying to transfer much data to my PC, but the partition I can access is too small. I can see the folder on the bigger partition, but as I said I cannot access it.

I also have NWlink and all that installed so the computers see each other.

Please help

Edit: Heh, I should have browsed before I posted. I found a simple step I forgot I do. Thanks to coulterp on another post, I forgot to setup the file shares on my laptop.

Well I guess that saves other people trouble looking stuff up for me

Relevancy 49.02%

I just purchased 2x 1gig of ram DDR 400 from tigerdirect. I currently have 1 gig total 2x 512mb. My motherboard is a msi K8N Neo4 platinum if that helps, and my manual says I can support up to 4 gigs. But I don't know if mix sizes are going to hurt my performance.

A:Will this memory setup work correctly

Ideally, I would use all the same brand and model of memory... and the same size modules... but what you have should work ok as long as none of it is Value Ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-memory-setup-work-correctly.80048/
Relevancy 49.02%

I cannot get Adobe Flash to function correctly. Additionally about 50% of the pictures I see on sites have a red X or the square / triangle / circle logo on them. I have repeatedly installed the Flash Active X from Adobe?s site. The flash animation comes up and shows that I have successfully installed flash, yet I am still getting red X's and many flash animations don?t work.

I have XP Home SP3.

A:Flash Wont Work Correctly.

Uninstall using the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller here, and then reinstall it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/160768/flash-wont-work-correctly/
Relevancy 49.02%

In the past I used to just copy my stuff and then when Windows went up you know slows down get s corrupted somewhere etc I would reinstall windows and then my drives apps programs files etc Upon my studies I learned that the default Windows backup could do correctly? doesn't restore Why a work these things Why doesn't a restore work correctly? as well as recover system state Well I started doing backups every so often on my home PC and my server at work The other day I actually needed to use it as my PC had this weird issue of clicking on icon executables and not ever running them It would refuse to start programs from the executable in the folder under program files under start menu or command line It wouldn t give an error it would just click and go away Strange huh It would do it once the computer was on for a while and for a week or two I just would reboot but I mean come on that s a little annoying So I had a backup but it was months old but it was made on the same machine I go Start gt All Programs gt Accessories gt System Tools gt Backup to launch it I figure I should at least try it if I m studying MS systems to say I ve done it I choose restore but not the wizard choose return system to previous state by selecting the check mark for C and also for quot System State quot It returns icons on the desktop of what was their months back so I assume it worked it asks to reboot sure go ahead I try to boot up again and blue screen back to BIOS Select startup of windows pops up Fine I think it won t happen again choose start windows normally nope it happens again safe mode loads it goes through I hit Restart from Safe Mode as nothing seems wrong again I get the blue screen but so quick I can t see what error it is giving I think ah well maybe it s been to long I reload windows but yet keep the extra primary partitions I had seperate from it The Backup is on one of those partitions After windows is back up and loaded BRAND NEW I try again Same problem What gives Is this common should I just assume backups don t work or that system state is really not true If I have a major error I d like to know that restore will actually restore it didn t just whirr for hours for my amusement Should I just give up on Windows Backup altogether I assume something small may have happened wrong as in the log it gave back the nd time it said files could not be remade for whatever reason If anyone knows a best practice besides quot Buy this program for drive imaging quot that would be great I m making backups on optical now of data but for program loading it s annoying to have to get them all back Any ideas of what I did wrong Ask questions if need be and I can get more specific Any help is much appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Why doesn't a restore work correctly?

Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-doesnt-a-restore-work-correctly.687207/
Relevancy 49.02%

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Rev: 1.0
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
Memory: Kingston DDR3 4096MB PC10666 1333MHz
BIOS EX58-UD3R F11
OS Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) 6.1.7601.17727 (Win7 RTM)

I bought 1 module Kingston DDR3 4096MB PC10666 1333MHz to run at 1066Mhz. Motherboard has 4 slots, I installed memory into the DDR3_1, so 3 another slots were empty. Bios auto detects the frequency of memory as 1066 (maximum frequency supported by my CPU), timings are 7-7-7-20, voltage is 1.5V. When I run my Windows 7 x64, the system works extremely slow, the memory isn't detected properly, indicator of RAM displays the load of 98-99%, all usb devices (including my mouse and keyboard) don't work at all. There are no viruses in the system, no unnecessary processes in task manager, the Win 7 works correctly with other Kingston memory modules.

My secondary operation system Win XP x86 detects 3.5Gb of this module and works ok.

How can I solve this problem?

A:My Win 7 x64 doesn't work correctly with DDR3

What memory did you have in there originally. the mobo should recognize this RAM, but I don't know if it is in the supported list: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...-ex58-ud3r.pdf

Looks like your BIOS (F11) is up to date, so that shouldn't be a problem

have you tried the RAM in different slots?

I would also suggest resetting your BIOS Settings to default, but I am not sure about it...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/282812-my-win-7-x64-doesnt-work-correctly-ddr3.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Well I dont know what caused this but I can open the control panel but when I click on something eg. "uninstall a program" or "change the theme" there comes a message saying windows explorer has stopped working, thus restarting explorer.exe

I'm running windows 7 professional 32 bit.

Edit: it also crashes when I reopen the control panel when the control panel is already open.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/control-panel-doesnt-work-correctly-please-help-479470.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I have a Dell I5 desktop processor, running Windows 8.1.  It's about six months old.  If I try to load a Youtube video, it won't run properly (jumpy video and audio) until I reboot the computer.  After a reboot, the Youtube videos run fine.  This happens almost every time I want to view a Youtube video.  Once I reboot, the videos run fine, and I can run them again and again. 

I previously had an HP desktop with an I7 processor, running Windows 7, and I never had any problems with Youtube videos.

Any easy solution?

Thanks

A:Youtube videos don't work correctly unless I reboot.

Hi LBrandt Follow the instructions below as I need more information on your system to help you with your issue.MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator;Check the following options:List Installed Programs;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580112/youtube-videos-dont-work-correctly-unless-i-reboot/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have problems getting any sound files to work properly on my pc either they skip or play to fast and I don't know what to do to fix the problem. Can someone please help me ?

A:sound files of any type don't work correctly

what software are you using? if its wmplayer, try installing it again or try one of these players. REALONE PLAYER http://forms.real.com/real/realone/...&type=dl&lang=en&loc=uk&src=uk-r1ecp_choice_1 WINAMP mp3 player: www.winamp.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-files-of-any-type-dont-work-correctly.111490/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all I m currently having this problem when i save a movie i Maker correctly won't work Movie Windows select all of the correct settings and click the save button then the builder starts the progress bar will get to around say Then it will give me an error that basically says Windows Movie Maker did not successfully save your movie Check if there is enough Windows Movie Maker won't work correctly disk space check if all of the files are available yadda yadda yadda quot The usual Now last time i got this error Windows Media Player would not startup and i could not access Microsoft or any https website Which turned out to be a hacked DNS Client Service That was on an old installation this installation is about a month old So i checked to see if the DNS Client was screwed up It was not a problem So i Checked to see if Windows Media Player still worked It did So i don t know what the problem could be but i would like to know as i currently have movies on hold also the movie i was trying to save has only FILE imported for it So that rules out the missing sources idea Anyone know what the problem is Thanks Post Script I have noticed that when the movie is being saved the actual movie file it makes stays at kb all the way up to the error mark while WMM estimates that the final file should be somewhere around mb

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294498/windows-movie-maker-wont-work-correctly/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am used to click the dark-blue backward arrow at the top left to return to a previous page. Now often, I cannot go back and the back-arrow is not dark-blue, but light-blue.
I am running IE 8 and Win XP.
Thanks for any help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419115/forwardbackward-arrows-dont-work-correctly/
Relevancy 48.59%

First at all, sorry for my bad English.

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro C50-A-153, the problem is his Touch pad, doesn't work correctly, the mouse doesn't move and when i move the finger on the pad, it seems like if i were rolling the bar "or the mouse wheel".

Sometimes, the "mouse" works correctly for a 20seconds, and after, again the same. External mouse works fine.

There's not the problem of "Fn" functions. I tried to shutdown, put off the battery and press the power button for 50seconds. I tried too to uninstall the Drivers from the Touchpad, and i think i have tried to change all the properties on the "Control Panel - Mouse".

Anybody can help me with that?

Thank you.

A:Satellite Pro C50-A-153 - Touchpad doesn't work correctly

On most Toshiba notebooks is installed Synaptics touchpad driver. With this driver there are available additional touchpad settings. try please to change these settings and disable all functions that you don?t need.

How to do this you can read on https://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD3101Z30000R01.htm

Check it out.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?74916-Satellite-Pro-C50-A-153-Touchpad-doesn-t-work-correctly
Relevancy 48.59%

Anyone out there who can help? have vista home premium 64 bit. When attempting to access the help & support file the following happens, file opens ok, click on say troubleshooting, click on any subject and I receive a notepad document with what appears to be programming code, no icons or any way of completing exercise?
Any help, comments etc. appreciated.

Thanks,

Alandj

A:Help & support file in 64 bit vista will not work correctly

Is this help from an old program??

Microsoft dropped the built in support for the old hlp files.
It, and how to fix it, and to save me repeating it, is described at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-support-file-in-64-bit-vista-will-not-work-correctly.843461/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I have recently upgraded my Dell Latitude D from XP bit to Windows Professional bit Previously I had GB of RAM however having undertaken a crucial scan it said I can now have GB of RAM So I ordered a new GB and replaced the MB stick Upon booting up for the first time and hit F to acknowledge that the RAM has been changed it 64bit but 4GB to Ram Upgraded correctly doesnt work loaded to the log in screen however I could see loads of white horizontal lines across the screen I was able to login and the desktop appeared fine I then noticed that the audio was coming up saying it cannot be found It had a red cross through the symbol in the taskbar I restarted on numerous occassions to no avail I took the new GB stick out and put the MB back in and all loaded without any problems Any ideas System -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Manufacturer Dell Inc Model Upgraded to 4GB Ram 64bit but doesnt work correctly Latitude Upgraded to 4GB Ram 64bit but doesnt work correctly D Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type Upgraded to 4GB Ram 64bit but doesnt work correctly -bit operating system Number of processor cores Graphics -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Display adapter type ATI Radeon X Series Total available graphics memory MB Dedicated graphics memory MB Dedicated system memory MB Shared system memory MB Display adapter driver version Primary monitor resolution x DirectX version DirectX or better Network -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Network Adapter Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Network Adapter Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card

A:Upgraded to 4GB Ram 64bit but doesnt work correctly

I would take both sticks out and then try booting with just the new stick of ram in.
Also make sure all cards are seated tight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/39682-upgraded-4gb-ram-64bit-but-doesnt-work-correctly.html
Relevancy 48.59%

When I boot the computer will sometimes freeze and stutter and it will always fail to open anything at all from Firefox to even just Notepad and such. From googling around and checking it out myself most answers point to Malware but I have tried a multitide of Scans and fixes suggested to me and none have managed to fix the problem at all, I'm beginning to think perhaps Malware is not the cause of the issue at all, I really have no idea. Booting in Safe Mode with networking has allowed me to come here and ask for help just fine. Does anyone know what could be causing the issue and what I could do to find and fix the problem?

Relevancy 48.59%

Have just downloaded Win8.1. Although IE11 on desktop snaps open, and Google shows up OK, searches for simple things like Zone Alarm or Avast anti-virus say can't be connected despite trouble shooter saying the net is configured OK. In fact no searches seem to work through Google.

Direct links to various web sites like Java work OK which confirms the net is set up right.

Are there known issues with Google and Microsoft?

A:IE 11 Shows Correctly Configured but Doesn't Work

Hi,
Try going to Compatibility View settings, uncheck "Use Microsoft compatibility lists" and see whether it helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/33626-ie-11-shows-correctly-configured-but-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I am trying to get my one computer hooked up to internet via wireless. It works fine hardwired and all. I installed my linksys wireless adapter and at the very end it says "notifcation dll is not registered. program will not work correctly". I don't know the name of the exact dll since it doesn't tell me. Any ideas???

A:Notifcation dll not registered. Program will not work correctly.

You installed the driver, correct?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/286802/notifcation-dll-not-registered-program-will-not-work-correctly/
Relevancy 48.59%

When I attempt to use the Vista backup Wizard from the control panel to backup files to a DVD disk, it runs silently for a couple of minutes, then stops with this error "The requested resource is in use. (0x800700AA)". I am able to transfer files manually to the DVD with no problem.

A:Vista backup doesn't work correctly

I'm not sure why, but the problem has gone away.
Maxwell

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-backup-doesnt-work-correctly-347248.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have used Synergy for keyboard/mouse sharing for a long time. I can install it and start it on Win 8, but when certain windows are open, it no longer works. For instance, I can open the control panel window, and it's still working, but if I open Device Manager, for instance, it stops working.

A:Synergy Keyboard and Mouse Sharing Does Not Work Correctly

I have also found this, it is to do with UAC in Windows 8, even if you disable it via the normal Control Panel method - UAC is still actually running as Metro apps need UAC running otherwise they don't work. You can disable it permanently via a registry hack, but that would cause Metro apps to not work. I personally have a backup mouse connected to the machine which if I open something and lose the mouse I still have a chance to do a couple of things other than going to find the other mouse of move mice between machines just to sort out Windows 8!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/19408-synergy-keyboard-mouse-sharing-does-not-work-correctly.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi nbsp My problem is the following nbsp My HP Envy is picked when correctly, up disa... work does laptop not Audio Notebook has some problems with his audio It can work fine for an hour but when I nbsp move the laptop it begins to fade and hackle and eventually it stops working The green bars on the 'Volume Mix' appear to be working just fine but still there isn't any volume Sometimes when given pressure with my hand Audio does not work correctly, when laptop picked up is disa... or thumb just below the mousepad or right at the back of the laptop nbsp it goes better but the moment I release the volume just stops When standing on a irregular surface it also disappears nbsp I read that there might be problems with the windows update Audio does not work correctly, when laptop picked up is disa... but I don't think this is the problem I also removed al background processes Audio does not work correctly, when laptop picked up is disa... that might give problems to audio But still nothing has happend nbsp Is this a problem that I can fix on my own or do I need to send it to HP for repearing nbsp Thank you nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-does-not-work-correctly-when-laptop-picked-up-is/td-p/5661153
Relevancy 48.16%

I have had issues, as well as other people, with the Internet Explorer 9 Back button not working. I click it and it doesn't go back. I have to click it a bunch for it to go back. If you have found a fix for this, please state the fix below, so others can be helped.

A:Does the Internet Explorer 9 back button not work correctly for you?

Mine does the same thing. Been livin' with it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/231976-does-internet-explorer-9-back-button-not-work-correctly-you.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I had a PC with Vista on it, but wanted XP so I put the XP CD in and had it set to boot. It brought me to the partitions on my PC so I deleted all the partitions and chose which Hard Drive to install to. It formated the drive and installed XP. After the installation it told em to restart the PC and setup would continue so I restarted only to have it return to the same menu it did when i first went to install it. I restarted and told it to boot from the hard drive and when it does it says something along the lines of a Hard Drive problem. What should I do?

A:XP won't install correctly.

Start over and try it again. If you do get some kind of error message, post back here with the specific error info you receive..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-wont-install-correctly-265046.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Weird issue, I've tried to research it and found nothing so here goes. The internet is fine I play games on it and everything, but I cannot load web pages correctly. *windows 8 btw* A youtube video will open up then play for about 5 seconds then stop completely. Some pages get SSL errors, then when I refresh it it loads. Some pages don't load correctly unless i refresh it a few times and pictures still look all messed up. Tried to reset winsock, said i need admin permission (I think I am the admin, only one on my comp) so finally I'm at a loss, any help would be great. Also the Windows store doesn't work. Also I get certificate errors ALL THE TIME.

Quick update, control panel says I am the administrator.
Another update, reset winsock, seems to work better but no videos load still.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/47401-computer-wont-load-websites-correctly-store-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 47.73%

am running office 95 pro on a machine with windows xp.
while trying to create forms for a wizard data base useing the form wizard i get the error message "the instruction at "0x5009e038" refrenced memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be "read". "
Anybody have any idea whats going on or how to fix it. I have no clue. I even tried reinstal of office and ran scan disk. Also the form will create once but will not save the second form always gives the error.
office keeps telling me it is configureing, live pix wont run it gives a similar error to the obove one. I'm about ready to reformat the hd and just start over. also i intend to upgrade my office pro but haven't had the cash as trying to start business and is expensive.

kass

A:office keeps trying to configure and access wont work correctly other issue too

I suspect that Office 95 probably has compatibility issues with XP. How about changing to Open Office? It's a free office suite that will surely have more capability than Office 95, and it's also format compatible with newer Microsoft Office products for file exchange.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-keeps-trying-to-configure-and-access-wont-work-correctly-other-issue-too.327611/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello All thanx in advance for the help I am running Windows XP Pro and Firefox something and I use yahoo as my email when i compose an email using the return key to keep the text within the window it is fine when i use control v to paste text into the email it also stays withing the email compose box however when i send the email to somebody it becomes a huge long unbroken string of text so that an email that is say lines vertically is now lines vertically also i cant use my right click to copy and paste all the time sometines i can like in IMFrame but sometimes I cant like in email--but the copy part works fine except when i right click in the body of my email message to paste i get a screen that has the last options as view sent correctly unformats doesnt work paste --copy Email and when source and view page info instead of the one with a paste option i can get around this by using shift V to paste it but its like the Email unformats when sent --copy and paste doesnt work correctly computert is stuck somewhere also if i try and use IE instead of firefox to read my email if i click a link on an email it shuts the page down completely HELP did i post in the right place at least is this an XP or browser or problem thx BIlly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/email-unformats-when-sent-copy-and-paste-doesnt-work-correctly-92341.html
Relevancy 47.73%

hi guys runnin win xp i tried tweaking some startup stuff to cut down on what was running to help speed up my comp and deleted some old unused programs which i think may have contained the now problematic will not program dll correctly. work has been wireless not registered, configuration-notification dll file wireless configuration-notification dll has not been registered, program will not work correctly. dunno what i did wrong as i thought i turned everything back to the way it was but im still getting this stupid error quot Notification dll has not been registered program will not work correctly quot immediate upon bootup and starting to access my desktop i cant drag and drop anything on my desktop and this is not only a pain in the but its also preventing me from trying a technique i found to drag and drop the dll file to hopefully reg and fix it network connections is empty tried a few other fixes i found elsewhere none worked and gave me this message when i tried ethernet adapter wireless network connection media state media disconnected ethernet adapter local area connection media state media disconnected and if its relevant and helps solve it as soon as i hit enter i can get around on my desktop yet immediately it pops up not one but two of the same folders system and in the services section it will not let me start alot of the various services that seem like they need to be running to access my wireless stuff ie nbsp nbsp nbsp Remote procedure call RPC nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp This service must be started before other services can take effect nbsp nbsp nbsp Network Connections nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp This service can only start if the RPC service is active nbsp nbsp nbsp Plug and Play nbsp nbsp nbsp COM Event System nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp This service can only start if the RPC service is active nbsp nbsp nbsp Remote Access Connection Manager nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp This service can only start if Telephony service is active nbsp nbsp nbsp Telephony nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp This service can only start if the RPC service and the PnP Service are active Those are not running and i know that is part of the problem but when i click on 'start' i get this error message very frustrating quot could not start the xxx service on local computer error the dependency service or group failed to start quot unfortunately i had system restore off so there are no restore points i saw this tip elsewhere but am not sure how to implement it Great tip Pavel That got it The file assoicated with the Wireless Configuration popup error is the DW WLAN Card Wirless Network Controller exe file - bcmwltry exe The notification dll the popup is assoicated with system wltrynt dll Wireless Notification Provider Once I registered wltrynt dll no more popup and the wireless worked immediately any help is appreciated thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/265f4de3-31ac-4fe3-bee5-e75872656a6b/wireless-configurationnotification-dll-has-not-been-registered-program-will-not-work-correctly?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 47.73%

I have windows 7. There are two accounts on my computer and i am allowed to use one. They are both admin accounts and i am under parental controls from the other admin account. I only have time constraints. I am allowed to use all programs but when i click on certain programs i need the other admin accounts password to use them. I need help fixing this issue. Thank you for the help!

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello Keyboard (Ctrl keys and don't correctly) Shift work Problem everyone Today my shift and Keyboard Problem (Ctrl and Shift keys don't work correctly) ctrl keys stopped working correctly it happened while I was playing and later when I tried to change the language using Alt Shift I checked if Sticky Keys and other similar options weren't turned on by accident but they weren't And after some time spent in trying to fix the problem I opened the On-Screen Keyboard and noticed that when I use my Ctrl key Shift is pressed automatically as well it's just what On-Screen Keyboard says The same thing happens when I press Shift then the Ctrl key quot presses itself quot It so happens that all four left and right shift and left and right ctrl keys are pressed at the same time when I press just one of them Does everyone know where the problem could be from and how I can fix it it's really annoying I can't use any of the combinations like Ctrl V Ctrl C Ctrl A etc The problem started while I was playing Assassin's Creed I sometimes hear sounds like too-much-buttons-pressed while I play it but I've never had this problem until today I have no idea what it could be I tried everything I know If it helps the problem is still there while I chat or surf the web through Asus Express Gate when the windows isn't running at all PS Sorry if I used strange phrases or words I am not a native English speaker

A:Keyboard Problem (Ctrl and Shift keys don't work correctly)

See if pressing both 'shift' keys at the same time, gets your keyboard operating correctly again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/118608-keyboard-problem-ctrl-shift-keys-dont-work-correctly.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I had the fake antivirus show up on my computer which I thought I removed but in just the past 4 days I have been having random commercials and radio stations it sounds like on my computer when I'm not even doing anything. There are scripts that come up on my computer and my browser doesn't work correctly. It'll find what I want to search for but unless I put the exact address in the address bar and click go button it will redirect me to a different searching engine.
PLEASE HELP

A:Random sounds and search browser doesn't work correctly

Please read this sticky and follow the directions to post in that forum: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-sounds-and-search-browser-doesnt-work-correctly-565172.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Belkin USB Wireless Connector - Installed correctly (apparently) but still wont work?

I recently had to reformat my computer, and I got the drivers and everything working again.

But now when I install it says it install correctly and the program files are there, but then. When I go to run the main Belkin program it get a Broadcom.dll error.

It did work before I had to re-install Vista.

And I've tried everything, including getting new drivers from Belkins website, and I ran them, but again no luck.

Any help would be good

Kind regards,
Simon / Sekonda

A:Belkin USB Wireless Connector - Installed correctly (apparently) but still wont work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-usb-wireless-connector-installed-correctly-apparently-but-still-wont-work.747820/
Relevancy 47.3%

Just to clarify I don t have internet access I also reset everything hosts file flushed dns release and renewed CHCP etc with a program called quot netadapter repair all in some correctly. it connect work malware off the Now to Removed network doesn't computer. one quot that is on the bleeping computer site So we had some malware on the work computer it was quot dns quot something I think it was Removed some malware off work computer. Now it doesn't connect to the network correctly. DNS unlocker but I m not sure I removed it with malwarebytes amp adwcleaner and it now recognizes that its connected via ethernet cable but it says unrecognized network Its a Windows PC and it worked fine before and other Windows PCs work fine I believe it has to do with the sonicwall or something else We have a cable modem router in a big switch and a sonicwall I tried restarting all of them but that didn t help So I bypassed the sonicwall and it works but now that computer doesn t see the network printer So basically I would be ok with bypassing the sonicwall as long as I can get the network printer to be recognized but its not and when I open an explorer window and click on quot network quot on the left the other computer that is connected through the sonicwall doesn t show up so I can access the shared printer the printer is connected via USB to the other computer for now temporarily so computer can use it I would prefer to do things correctly and have it work with the sonicwall but I m not sure how any ideas Some things I noticed or tried The computer that does work has an IP subnetmask etc put into it while the computer that doesnt work has it set to obtain the IP automatically I tried adding to the end of the IP address and entering it in the second computer so the one that works has the IP just an example and I tried in the one that doesn t work and that didnt work Tried quot diagnosing quot it with windows but it couldnt fix it Under network and sharing it shows NAME OF PC --- gt Unidentified network I think thats what it said --- gt internet but it had an quot X quot inbetween unidentified network and internet Clicking on the quot X quot didn t fix it Under quot active network quot it said quot public network quot and it wouldn t let me change it but I used a microsoft fix it tool to change it to quot work network quot like the other computer and it didn t help Under quot network map quot it showed the PC I was using and the gateway but nothing else after the gateway It did show another computer we don t use that is connected that one is bypassing the firewall as well The other computer that does work shows more than just quot gateway quot and it has a few things after it on the map can t remember what they were I tried removing the driver for the ethernet card and reinstalling it It didn t fix it I tried reseating the cable on both ends and using a laptop and the internet didn t work on a laptop either Any ideas nbsp

A:Removed some malware off work computer. Now it doesn't connect to the network correctly.

Had a similar one before. From memory try manually resetting the TCP/IP stack.

https://hardforum.com/threads/removed-some-malware-off-work-computer-now-it-doesnt-connect-to-the-network-correctly.1898189/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I purchased an OCZ Vertex gb drive in the hope of running Win on it and using my existing drive as a data drive I have disconnected my existing drive set the SATA mode on the BIOS to use AHCI mode connected the new SSD and started the Win install to won't SSD install Win7 onto correctly the SSD All appears to go well initially however at the end of the install process I get a message stating that a reboot is required and then when it restarts it boots into Win and straight after it Win7 won't install onto SSD correctly says quot Starting Services quot I get the following error message quot Windows Setup experienced an unexpected error To install Windows restart the installation quot So I click OK the computer restarts and I get the following error message quot The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error Windows installation cannot proceed To install Windows click OK to restart the computer and then restart the installation quot I've never had any issues with installing an Operating System - this thing is driving me nuts I've not posted to the Win forum before but hope I've provided enough info for someone to suggest a way forward After the install I have connected the SSD to my current setup to see if I could glean any information from any log files In the following file lt lt INSTALLDRIVE gt gt Windows BT Sources Panther setupact log I can see many entries as below not sure whether they are a red herring or not lt lt TIME gt gt INFO IBSLIB Copying files from c windows boot pcat el-grto GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolume c Boot el-GR lt lt TIME gt gt INFO IBSLIB SetNamedSecurityInfo failed Error code x lt lt TIME gt gt INFO IBSLIB Unable to open file GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolume Boot el-GR bootmgr exe mui for read because the file or path does not exist I can see this file under lt lt INSTALLDRIVE gt gt Boot el-GR - so the above message seems strange Also don't think its an issue with a bad ssd as I've already sent one back to OCZ assuming it was a bad SSD which they have replaced with this one Hope someone may be able to offer some pearls of wisdom Thanks Dave

A:Win7 won't install onto SSD correctly

Try this. If it is confusing to you, please ask. Connect your Samsung drive to port 0 (or 1) however Gigabyte lists them, connect your SSD to port 1 (or 2). Go into bios and see if your SSD is recognized. Set optimized defaults, set your ram frequency, timings and voltage, set the sata mode to AHCI, set the boot order to DVD drive as 1st boot device and the Samsung to second boot device, save and exit. Do not have the installation DVD installed at this time. Boot into your current hard drive. Once loaded, click the start button, in the search box type cmd, in the cmd entry that appears, right click it and select 'run as administrator', you will have to give admin permission. In the window that appears type these and press enter after each.
diskpart (wait for the window to respond diskpart)
list disk (you should see your Samsung drive as disk 0 and the SSD as disk 1) If it lists your SSD as another number use that number instead of the one I give you.
select disk 1 (it will reply disk 1 is the selected disk)
clean ( it will notify you when done, takes a few seconds)
create partition primary align=1024 ( it will say the partition was created)
select partition 1
format fs=ntfs quick (it will take a few seconds, but wait it will tell you it is finished)
active
next type exit and press enter, do this twice and you will be back at the desktop. Put the installation drive into the DVD.
Shut the computer down, remove the data cable from the ssd and Samsung drive. Connect the data cable from the Samsung drive to the SSD. Leave the Samsung disconnected. Restart the computer. Select custom install and install to the SSD.
The diskpart commands I gave you will look like this. I just have more disks connected than you will.

Let us know how that works

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/269599-win7-wont-install-onto-ssd-correctly.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey there. Thanks in advance for any helpful ideas.

I am running win 7 pro 64bit.

I use google chrome.

Whenever I attempt to install Java it fails.
I have attempted java 32bit and 64 bit as the operating system uses the 64bit and chrome only uses 32bit. I then uninstalled all versions of java I could find and from the registry.Then restarted and tried again. I tried java 7 as well. I tried using javaRa to uninstall and install java but no luck. Also I have tried running them as an administrator and in compattibility and in safe mode. Its driving me a bit mad here. any help would be thoughroughly appreciated.

Any more info needed, just ask. I will provide what I can.

Thanks!

A:Java won't install correctly.

Hi Thetrumpet40,

What are the exact errors that you are currently getting?

YourTravelingGeek

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/java-wont-install-correctly-594902.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Every time I try to play a game that requires Java I get the error message that is attached as a image.

I click 'GO' and it redirects me to Java.com where I can download Java. I download Java and it goes through the installation process, and at the end tells me "Java is successfully installed on your computer". But if I try to play any games that require Java it tells me that it is not installed and gives me the same error.

- I also went to Java.com and clicked the 'Verify Now' button and it tells me that Java 5 is on my system and that I should download the updated version on the download page (in which I have done and restarted my computer multiple times afterwards). Any help is appreciate, thanks.

A:JAVA¬ģ Will Not Install Correctly

This is through your browser, right? Check your browser settings for something like "enable java" or "active content." My guess is you just have to change some security setting around and you'll be fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/java-will-not-install-correctly-443279.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Why can't I get some themes to install correctly? I am doing the same for each installation but some wont work like this one:

A:Why won't some themes install correctly?

Have you tried re-patching your system to see if that helps??

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/74170-why-wont-some-themes-install-correctly.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Dell Optiplex GX Here are the specs When I attempted to install Direct X for Windows Xp with service pack this error X Direct install not will correctly came up An internal error system error occured please refer to DXError log and DirectX log in your Windows folder to determine the problem The DX Error log is at the botom of this question Is there any way to fix this P S I deleted Microsoft Fix It Center They could not fix my problem unless I pay them Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Direct X will not install correctly Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel Celeron processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R -DC Graphics Controller Microsoft Corporation Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corporation OptiPlex GX Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled -------------------- module dxupdate Nov file dxupdate cpp line function RegisterDLL Failed API LoadLibraryEx Error xc d Unable to load C WINDOWS system xactengine dll -------------------- module dxupdate Nov file dxupdate cpp line function DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn RegisterDllFromSection failed -------------------- module dsetup Mar file dxupdate cpp line function CSetup InstallPlugIn DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn failed -------------------- module dsetup Mar file setup cpp line function CSetup SetupForDirectX InstallPlugIn failed nbsp

A:Direct X will not install correctly

That 10 - 11 year old Dell OptiPlex GX100 desktop comes with an Intel Celeron 700 MHz processor and supports a maximum of 512 MB of RAM, so it's going to run Windows XP SP3 like a turtle - especially with a full-time antivirus program and whatever else is running in the background.

How long has Windows XP SP3 been installed in it? It already has Microsoft DirectX 9.0c as part of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/direct-x-will-not-install-correctly.1004039/
Relevancy 47.3%

I just bought the game and installed it ang got the following " error steam.exe (main exception0 unable to load library stea.dll), i then tried to install via the net and more than one hour later and after giving my game id number, I had on the desktop a steam icon, H/L deathmatch icon, H/L 2 deathmatch icon H/L 2 episode one icon, and another steam icon in the systray, i clicked the H/L 2 episode one icon but could not start the game as it tried to connect, I am not in the least interested in playing on line, i just want to play in single paly mode, so how do i install correctly, hopefully i uninstalled thoroughly (but i dont think so)

thank you

jean bloom

Relevancy 47.3%

Good Afternoon!,
Here is my problem: I have a Symbol MC50 Pocket PC that I have connected to a new computer. The problem I have is that I can't install it properly because it constantly keeps trying to installing itself using the windows installer, even when it is properly installed in the administrator account. I have to use the limited account, and I have to constantly delete and delete and delete the windows installer until it shows as installed on activesync. If I open Windows Media Player it starts again running windows installer trying to install the Pocket PC, so I have to delete and delete and delete. It is very annoying! Any ideas?

A:Can not correctly install Pocket PC

which version of windows do you have installed

also have you tried uninstalling what ever software and drivers that the device came with and also uninstall active sync, then after that install active sync again (PS don't install active sync 4.5 on vista or windows 7)

generally active sync will freak out if the pocket pc drivers are installed before active sync is installed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-correctly-install-pocket-pc.886373/
Relevancy 47.3%

ANY driver, be it USBs, or software drivers or any other type, all say failed to install. This has been happening for quite some time now and is getting annoying. I honestly do not know what to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/382941-all-drivers-did-not-install-correctly.html
Relevancy 47.3%

i try over and over again but still facing a similar problem which is there are only one partition exist. i just want to know why this problem occurred..

A:try to install win 7 correctly but it still goes wrong

Read this for possible solutions to your problem ... Common Installation Problems and Their Solutions

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/87780-try-install-win-7-correctly-but-still-goes-wrong.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hi Sorry about any typing errors I m having to use my phone browser as I ve bust my desktop somehow Yesterday I added some memory RAM and was very careful to ground myself and I didn t use any tools - magnetic or otherwise When I rebooted the keyboard and mouse didn t work I rebooted several times before I worked out that the keyboard was ok during the black screen part of the start process so I used the F keys to boot in safe mode but it made no difference I was advised to remove the internal battery for mins or so but that also made no difference I Correctly Please - Help Won't Boot am stuck Any help please My computer specs Please Help - Won't Boot Correctly are a mystery to me but I know I ve added them to all my other threads so if you think you can help me please check there if you need the specs A big thank you if anyone can help me solve this I m right out of it here Cheers Moose nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

My dil is having problems with her computer Will correctly boot up not and sent me the following info can anyone tell me what may be going on with it She is using Windows XP but I don t know much else about her computer except that it is an older one and I think it is a Dell but not sure Thanks so much for any help at all Dedee I get an error message when I restart my computer it says quot A problem has been detected amp windows has to shut down to prevent damage to your computer PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA this problem has continued it says to disable remove any new soft hardware Disable BIOS memory options -caching shadowing Restart the computer then press F pick quot advanced startup quot options then quot Will not boot up correctly Safe Mode quot Technical Info STOP x xc A x x D DA x I ve followed the directions several times but I keep getting this same message amp I don t know what else to do Can you help me please Thank you nbsp

A:Will not boot up correctly

Hi first thing to check - is the Ram [memory]
Turn the computer off and disconnect it from the power
Take off the side of the case and touch the bare metal chassis to discharge static.
Remove Ram from their slots

Plug in the RAM [one stick at a time].
Also try different slots.
Ensure it is seated correctly.

While you are doing that..
Reseat Video card.
Check Hard drive and Motherboard connections [IDE]
Take them off and reseat them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-not-boot-up-correctly.913379/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am running Windows XP Professional, and after installing new RAM recently I encountered a problem. I found out it was because I had the wrong memory module for my motherboard. Now I have the correct memory module installed, but XP won't boot. I get through the BIOS screen, and then I get a screen that asks if I want to load the OS in Safe Mode, Last Known Good Settings, or Load Windows Normally. None of the options work - any one I choose gives me a blank screen with a white bar on the bottom, or sometimes just a blank screen. I disconnected all peripherals and left just the monitor and keyboard attached. I've heard that I can try to reboot the OS from a CD, but I don't want to do that unless I have to. I also don't want to mess with the BIOS too much as that seems to be OK. What should I do next?

A:XP won't boot correctly

do a repair
set the comp. to boot from cd first in the bios
pop in the xp cd and reboot
choose install
ignore the first repair option and continue with install
when windows finds the previous installation
then choose repair
you will have to reload sp1 and any ms updates and probably your video drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-wont-boot-correctly.218576/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey. Let's get to business, shall me?

Now, I have an ATI Radeon HD 4850 Graphics card. Along with a samsung 24" LCD screen,, 8 GB of memory (only 3 are read), intel Pentium dual core processor, 2.something ghz, 500 watt power supply and windows XP SP2.

I've got a problem. Whenever I try and update my driver for my graphics card (which I was prompted to do when i attempted to play Left 4 Dead), I install, and during the installation i get a warning that says "Zero Display Service Error". i currently have 6.12 of the driver, but im trying to update to 8.1. I would really appreciate some help. While I wait, Im going to play Left 4 Dead on my inferior driver. Thx

Relevancy 46.44%

Right I've been scouring the internet for a couple of days to try and get this sorted but so far I've had no success I think there are a lot of underlying issues aside from this problem but at the moment this is probably the most important I'm a relative beginner as far as computer geekness goes being only years old but being more than computer literate The problem arose when I tried to clear up my registry using RegSeeker and CCleaner a few days ago Everything seemed to be fine Then everything wasn't fine I tried to system restore back day then then but none of them worked I tried to go restore the backup files within RegSeeker but Install correctly installed' 'not Windows they didn't seem to work and then of course they disappeared after I had tried So then it all began I guess I followed some advice from a friend on getting rid of the 'LiveCall' Process which was hogging quite a bit Windows Install 'not correctly installed' of CPU then things started to go wrong I removed LiveCall and other dll's from the Messenger folder in Program Files then when trying to open Windows Messenger it came up with the windows installer box 'Preparing Windows Install 'not correctly installed' to Install ' after a while an error popped up saying 'Windows installer could not be accessed This can occur if you are running in safe mode or the installer is not correctly installed' I put all the LiveCall and dll's I had removed back to where they are supposed to be but still the same problems I probably screwed things up even more whilst trying to fix them but hey So I try re-installing messenger but the same error pops up I look on the internet and tried going into 'Services' via Control Panel to make sure Installer was started It's set as Manual startup but the service status is set as Stopped When I click start the message 'Windows Installer service started then stopped Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do etc' The path to executable is 'C WINDOWS System msiexec exe V' As it apparently should be from looking on other help sites I've typed 'msiexec unreg' then msiexec regserver' in Run as advised by many sites too I've typed in 'cmd' then tried the 'ren msiexec dll msiexec old' commands as advised by the windows sites But nothing has worked I've tried installing the newest version of Windows Installer but that won't work I tried repairing Windows XP using the disc I got when I got my computer years old but thats just set me back onto service pack one windows installer STILL doesn't work tried updating to service pack two what I was on a few days ago but now that won't work saying 'The update cannot be applied' It's the SP- update for Microsoft Office to let you know Every couple of weeks sometimes everyday my computer also restarts itself when I log back on it says Windows has recovered from a serious error I have no viruses when I scan with Norton Antivirus no problems when I scan with Spybot - Search and Destroy SpySweeper or Adaware I rarely get any problems when I scan using Windows Defender I probably am a bit naive when downloading certain things or going on certain websites and also quite impatient when trying to get things to work This might have contributed to the problems I'm having My computer is working I'm typing from it right now whilst also on Windows Messenger I have to install Messenger Plus everytime I want to open up Messenger as it opens it up itself Thanks in advance

A:Windows Install 'not correctly installed'

the quickest way will be to run a repair install of windows
download this sp2 version
http://thesource.ofallevil.com/downl...displaylang=en
slipstream it into your xp disk with nlite
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...dfUTJOcS0zMfkw
then use the slipstreamed disk to run the repair install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-install-not-correctly-installed-180154.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,
I just installed a program and afterwards the vista thing popped up that said something along the lines of "This program may not have installed correctly." and it gave me the options of 'install using the recommended settings' and 'this program is installed correctly.' i chose that it was installed correctly but after opening and using the program a bit i don't think it was. How do I get that box to re-open so I can "install using the recommended settings"?
Thanks

A:Program Didn't Install Correctly

hello

go to control panel > programs and features, uninstall it then reinstall....good luck

start > control panel (classic view) programs and features....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-didnt-install-correctly.902938/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi i want to ask you how to check if i update the windows update from x bits systems because update correctly 8.1 1 win i How if to install check from i download all packages from microsoft download center and install in that order and dont recive error Every package ask me to reestart i see all packages are installed on update history and on the section installed updates but i dont see nothing related to windows update as the way as see when you install from win update I check for updates and dont find nothing I have my service packs and mayor updates on my pc stored because in this house your house all use win x and we have a slow conection and because i install by this way I must say you i see all caracteristics of the update but i want to know if dont have errors i ran dism online clean up image restore health sorry for the i worte well on How to check if i install correctly update 1 from win 8.1 cmd and sfc scannow and dont find errors How to check if i install correctly update 1 from win 8.1 I only am worried because if this update was not installed properly the suports ends on may and want to have install by the rigth way Thats are the packages and the order of i install KB KB KB KB KB KB y KB I must say you i see that a very useful forum and i found too many answers to my problems hope you can help me when i execute the Dism exe Online Cleanup-Image CheckHealth fastest cmd i know i see my bulid are IF need more info please tell me god bless you

A:How to check if i install correctly update 1 from win 8.1

I am running Win 8.1. Update 1 Pro. DISM still reports my image version as 17031 but my BuildLabEx registry entry is 17041. This is correct to the best of my knowledge. You can verify this by opening regedit and searching for BuildLabEx to verify your own. If yours is different, please post the discrepancy so someone with Win 8.1. Update 1 (non-Pro) can verify your entry is correct.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44739-how-check-if-i-install-correctly-update-1-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

The laptop I am trying to fix for a friend is a Dell Latitude D600. It has a 1.6 GHz processor and 512mb of DDR2 RAM (I know it is pushing it for system requirements). It had Windows 7 Ultimate on it on it before, but it was having intermittent problems with the network and it would randomly blue screen, so instead of trying to deal with that I whipped the drive and I am now putting W7 Pro on it. It starts to install, then when it gets to the restart process, it restarts and does not continue installation.
I have tried to use the recovery disc and use the fixmbr and fixboot commands and they where successfully repaired.
The hard drive acts as if it it is blank at boot up.
When I look at the hard drive when I am using the recovery disc, it says that there is Windows 7 on the drive.
This is so confusing....

A:W7 will not Install correctly on older laptop

As the HD drive old, I would Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/266476-w7-will-not-install-correctly-older-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have install applications to Some correctly. fail a small LAN containing three Windows systems all of which experience the same symptoms that some installs of applications not necessarily the same one create this problem On Some applications fail to install correctly. some installs a padlock appears on application folder files and the Programs and Features control panel icon has generic icon and installed size is missing Using the Properties Security in Explorer display shows No permissions have been assigned for this object in the Group or user names block Obviously the install process is failing but in most cases no error is recognized until the application is activated I ve tried restoring the system to a virgin state from WHS image but the problem reappears For many of the install I use Remote Desktop via an XP Pro system a haw it happen with local installs as well I ve searched online for similar problems without success it must be my search parameters The Windows systems were installed from boxed DVDs update to the latest patch level MS apps Office Live Essentials Windows Security Essential etc with all updates applied Then the process of install necessary apps utilities required this was the state of the restored image My plan is to install subsequent apps until it fails The Questions Do you have any suggestion s for starting point to finding the failing point Or You have though why an install would fail without indicating an error message Or anything else Thank you for taking the time to read respond lbodacious Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb - the bumb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DELL Inc X H A CN Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Some applications fail to install correctly.

Are all the involved accounts administrative?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-applications-fail-to-install-correctly.977958/
Relevancy 46.44%

Just tried to reinstall office 10 and once again, I cannot get it to work correctly. Office starts up and seems to be running fine, but the moment that I click anything I get an error.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1
Application Name: WINWORD.EXE
Application Version: 14.0.4762.1000
Application Timestamp: 4bae25b7
Hang Signature: 0a09
Hang Type: 128
Waiting on Application Name: spoolsv.exe:spoolss
Waiting on Application Version: 0.0.0.0
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 0a09284b02439dd6fcc01fb56d7bc43a
Additional Hang Signature 2: 90c8
Additional Hang Signature 3: 90c860732f9e27b9602af2f4e15157a8
Additional Hang Signature 4: 0a09
Additional Hang Signature 5: 0a09284b02439dd6fcc01fb56d7bc43a
Additional Hang Signature 6: 90c8
Additional Hang Signature 7: 90c860732f9e27b9602af2f4e15157a8

A:Clean install still not working correctly

Go to search
Type services
in services make sure that spooler service is set to automatic

I think that it may be named printer spooler

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/123914-clean-install-still-not-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Friends..

I downloaded the Uninstall program and tried to install it, but cannot,
then i tried on my PC i can do,
so I tried even to install different programs but showing me it's error or something that detected by the system,

Now I need to reload and re-install the OS Windows 7,
Kindly tell me how to log in to the setup when restart my laptop and the CD be inserted already,
I tried few times, but quickly escape the set up, which key? F4, F6, F7 et?

I woul appreciat if detailed guideline step by step in easy steps that i can follow and do the installation correctly and load all system files,

Thanks alot in advance for all of you.. always helpful indeed,

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I just purchased a new ATI Radeon SE In the manual it says before I install it I need to Update my AGP Motherboard Chipset Drivers How do I do this The manual told me to find the chipset by going thru my System Devices all I could find was I had an Intel A I m confused I did a Scan with Belarc and it says this new video to install correctly card my Trying is my Main Board but if I go to Gateway the machine is a gateway it says I have an El Paso Board Board Intel Corporation D PT AAA - Serial Number ABPT Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Intel Corp PT A A P Processor gigahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Please let me know what I should do The ATI manual says that the card won t function properly until you get drivers Trying to install my new video card correctly for the motherboard which enable AGP functionality Which I though Trying to install my new video card correctly I already had with my old nvidia card nbsp

A:Trying to install my new video card correctly

The brand manufacturers often have the motherboard companies take one of their commercially available boards and modify it to their own specifications. So I would download any motherboard chipset drivers from Gateway if possible.

It's possible that the new board will work OK with the chipset drivers you have now. With the latest drivers however there is less chance of a problem and you will be able to better use the potential of your new video board.

What is the model of your Gateway?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-install-my-new-video-card-correctly.321230/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have read many posts about problems due to the fact that after the installation of MS Updates the computer began to freeze, BSOD or just work slowly. The most usual cause is the fact that the updates are downloaded and installed at the same time. Many of these updates require restarting the computer. This fact causes conflicts and problems when the updates are not installed properly. Next week a large number of updates are expected, change your update settings to notify, only. Install manually, and one at a time. We rather you come to the forum giving help rather than seeking it.

A:Install Updates Correctly-Important

Quote: Originally Posted by richc46

I have read many posts about problems due to the fact that after the installation of MS Updates the computer began to freeze, BSOD or just work slowly. The most usual cause is the fact that the updates are downloaded and installed at the same time. Many of these updates require restarting the computer. This fact causes conflicts and problems when the updates are not installed properly. Next week a large number of updates are expected, change your update settings to notify, only. Install manually, and one at a time. We rather you come to the forum giving help rather than seeking it.

Great information. Thanks for the warning about the updates coming soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/89189-install-updates-correctly-important.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys install correctly driver will not Audio For the record i have read through the other posts regarding this issue Ok so i ve format re-installed my PC im not new at this I loaded the drivers from the mobo CD Audio driver will not install correctly including audio as its integrated and surprise surpirse NO SOUND Audio driver will not install correctly PC specs at bottom Checked device manager - no yellow exclamation marks All multimedia codecs are listed Show hidden devices revealed an unknown PCI device under network client with an exclamation mark Checked add remove Realtek HD audio driver is listed Checked sound properties in control panel it also claims no audio devices are present Visited Gibayte com au and went through download center It confirmed i had the driver installed so i removed the file and installed it from the website The website advised i needed MS UAA driver So i found a copy and installed it Device manager shows no UAA driver Add remove and regedit has KB listed tried installing audio driver from site anyway - same message need UAA Then downloaded motherboard driver audio realtek azalia from Gigabyte which has recent copy of both files So i unistalled driver and removed first copy of KB through regedit Installed the new azalia copy and guess what - NO CHANGE So now im asking you guys for the next step Other info -Checked sys info and DXDIAG both say no sound device is present -when removing HD driver from add remove it claims it cannot be removed yet it does anyway -Windows update is up to date Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Motherboard CPU Type AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor MMX DNow CPUs GHz Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-M S-S P rev Motherboard Chipset Unknown System Memory MB BIOS Type Award Modular v PG Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GS MB Monitor Plug and Play Monitor NoDB Storage IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Disk Drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device Disk Drive WD EAVS External USB Device GB USB Disk Drive WDC WD AAKS- YGA GB IDE Disk Drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H N SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free I FAT MB MB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse PS Compatible Mouse Network Network Adapter D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G Wireless PCI Adapter rev C Network Adapter Realtek RTL Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC Peripherals USB Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller NoDB USB Controller Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller NoDB USB Device USB Mass Storage Device USB Device USB Mass Storage Device nbsp

A:Audio driver will not install correctly

Welcome to TSG R33C3.

If you already installed the driver offered on Gigabytes website "Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip (Including Microsoft UAA Driver in English edition)"

Then I would suggest Start > Control Panel > Switch to Classic View (if you are not already there) > Sounds and Audio Devices > Click the Audio Tab. Under Default playback, what is selected? On the drop down menu, are there other choices? Make sure Realtek is selected. Then click apply and ok. Reboot the computer and see if you have sound.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-driver-will-not-install-correctly.834683/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Vista Install Does Java on Not Correctly I hope that someone can shed some light on this problem as I just cannot get to the bottom of this My laptop is running Vista Home Basic SP and I am trying to install Java version update Java has not been installed previously The installation seems to complete successfully there are no error messages but when looking at the Windows control panel the Java icon is not there - there is no coffee cup Instead the icon represents a blank sheet and when you double click the icon the following error is produced Java Does Not Install Correctly on Vista quot Application not found quot I have used Revo Uninstaller to remove the software and the icon does disappear along with all the Java files I have tried installing Java running it as Administrator and I have also changed the target directory of the software to the Java directory instead of the jre directory - neither of these helped I also tried running the Windows Installer Cleanup utility - that didn't help I have seen similar reports of this same error when searching on Google but I've yet to find a cure for this problem Thanks in advance for any pointers

A:Java Does Not Install Correctly on Vista

Hello and welcome to TSF, Rumbly!

Just a quick idea; Have you tried running the setup file for Java as Administrator (by right-clicking then selecting 'Run as Administrator')?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/java-does-not-install-correctly-on-vista-410399.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Security Update for Microsoft Office Publisher KB Download size MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Office Publisher that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened This update resolves that vulnerability More information MS - amp errors? install can't Update correctly Description of the security update for Microsoft Office Publisher amp April Help and Support Microsoft Support Update for Microsoft Office OneNote KB Download size MB You may need to restart Update errors? can't install correctly your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important Microsoft has released Update errors? can't install correctly an update for Microsoft Office OneNote This update provides the latest fixes to Microsoft Office OneNote Additionally this update contains stability and performance improvements More information Description of the Office OneNote update amp April Help and Support Microsoft Support Update for Microsoft Office Outlook Junk Email Filter KB Download size MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important This update provides the Junk E-mail Filter in Microsoft Office Outlook with a more current definition of which e-mail messages should be considered junk e-mail More information Description of the Office Outlook Junk E-mail Filter update amp April Help and Support Microsoft Support Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important Microsoft has released an update for the Microsoft Office System This update provides the latest fixes to the Microsoft Office System Additionally this update contains stability and performance improvements More information Description of the Office system update amp April Help and Support Microsoft Support okay so I ran as administrator and still it won't install correctly so up to now whenever I need to turn off the computer I still have those updates I haven't successful installed it's getting really annoying can I just skip this update if so how

A:Update errors? can't install correctly

See if you can manually download the updates from MS. This is the first one.
Download details: Security Update for Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 (KB980470)

If this works, then do the rest, one at a time by putting the next KB number in the 'search' box here Microsoft Download Center: Search Results

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/80499-update-errors-cant-install-correctly.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I upgraded a 2 week old HP laptop from windows 7 to windows 8 and all seemed to go well.

After finishing, though, my keyboard doesn't work correctly. In most programs and on webpages, the number keys do not work nor do the special characters accessed through the shift key. Sometimes they act like the space bar, other times they repeat the previously typed alpha character. All works perfectly in MSWord, however.

The numbers on the keypad do work in all programs.

I've checked the control panel and can't find any settings that appear to influence this - no accessibility settings, nothing.

Any ideas?

A:keyboard not working correctly after Win 8 install

I have exactly the same problem. It is with certainty a Windows 8 issue.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/10683-keyboard-not-working-correctly-after-win-8-install.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello

Recently my computer has stopped booting up correctly. When I turn it on, the boot screen comes up fine. Then the Windows XP logo. Then the screen goes blank. After about 30 seconds of a blank screen, the cursor will show up. However, nothing else shows up, like the login screen. After about two minutes, the background of the login screen will show up, but not the login screen itself. It just hangs at this point.

I have tried doing a system restore to a restore point from earlier this week, however, it still hangs at the background of the login screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Windows will not boot correctly

That's not strange in XP that's why backup programs are very important, XP's System Restore isn't enough.. You might have installed too many programs/applications. A virus may also cause such problems.

I would recommend using a LiveCD now to backup all of your important files somewhere in the disk and reinstall WinXP to have a fresher system.

You don't want to solve it the hard way unless you really want to be an expert.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-will-not-boot-correctly-413411.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello. I'm running Windows 8.1 on my Surface Pro 2. I have this problem every now and then: I turn on my computer, and I'm greeted with the Start screen. Everything seems normal until I try to go online. All my wireless connections, WiFi, Bluetooth, are not available. My desktop background is black with "Windows 8.1 Pro" on the bottom right hand corner. I open Control Panel and it's empty. The option to turn on Bluetooth and wifi is also empty. When I go to settings, there is no Bluetooth toggle. Anything to do with the system like Control Panel, device Manager, Manage networks is all empty. The folders are there, but when I click on them, they are empty. This happens every once in a while, but it freaks me out. I have to restart my computer, and that seems to take care of the problem. Does anyone know how to not make this happen anymore?

A:Windows 8.1 will not boot up correctly

Sounds like a memory issue, if system files and folders disappear like that. It shouldn't say Windows 8.1 pro, because that would indicate that Windows isn't activated. If all your WiFi settings disappear when getting online, that's either memory, or a virus. Do an Antivirus scan, and check to see if Windows is activated.

How long have you had the Surface Pro 2? If its under warranty you may want to use it and get it repaired.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61351-windows-8-1-will-not-boot-up-correctly.html
Relevancy 46.44%

OK so I installed a game on steam and then about seconds into the game my screen froze Nothing would respond so I turned off the computer Then when I went to turn it back on it took forever for the computer to POST Then when CD XP boot correctly will but MBR broken, not it MBR broken, but XP CD will not boot correctly did it got stuck on quot Verifying DMI pool data quot So I figure my MBR is bad I'll just get a xp oem disc and boot to the CD and fix the MBR So I make boot to CD ROM the only option in my BIOS Then when it posts it says press any key to boot from CD Then I got this swedish message after I pressed a key tryck ned valfri tangent om du vill starta med cd-skiven which translates to press any key to start with CD-ROM So then I hit a Key and I was expecting the XP setup stuff to pop up so I could hit R for Repair and do fixmbr But instead it loaded into my OS and it booted up like normal So I really feel like it MBR broken, but XP CD will not boot correctly is the MBR that is corrupted and I want to fix it but that's the only way I know how to fix the MBR The OS is installed on a WD IDE drive The motherboard is a Biostar TF SLI I have windows XP SP and I was using a windows xp sp disc I just think it is really weird that it booted up to my XP installation Any thoughts

A:MBR broken, but XP CD will not boot correctly

OK, since it let me in windows i downloaded the biostar flashing utility and cleared the cmos and installed the latest mb firmware. Then when i restarted i was able to boot to the cd-rom and put in c:/fixmbr and c:/fixboot . Now the computer still gets a disk boot error unless the windows xp CD is in the drive. When I leave the CD in the drive and do not hit any key to boot to CD, then the computer boots to xp correctly. But if i take the CD out then i get the disk boot error.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mbr-broken-but-xp-cd-will-not-boot-correctly-481614.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone I am having a problem with my computer Yesterday my electricity went out and then immediately came back on It wasn't off for more than seconds My fiancees computer booted right back up and I thought mine had too I went to my My up won't correctly boot computer computer later and saw that it was off When I turned it on it seemed fine but I noticed My computer won't boot up correctly that none of my desktop icons were on the My computer won't boot up correctly screen The taskbar wasn't there either I was able to move my cursor around and when I moved it to the bottom of the screen the taskbar and the clock started to appear although they didn't load completely I decided to restart and see if that helped I tried but my computer froze Since then I have tried many things to fix it and none have worked I am writing this in safe mode which is the only mode that allows me to do anything If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it I am at my wit's end and I am really worried that my computer is fried Please help Thanks Lillian

A:My computer won't boot up correctly

My thoughts being that the electricity went out it could have caused a surge and in turn did some damage...However if your running in safe mode the damage could be from your video card only... that would be a good thing or none of the above... sorry about that!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-wont-boot-up-correctly-240531.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I m having trouble with my correctly boot does Laptop not laptop It is a Microstar International MSI GX- running -Bit Windows Professional When I power it on it does not boot right away It will sit there with the power light on and the hard drive light will blink occasionally but the screen will remain off Not just black but off The battery is fully charged and I usually leave it plugged Laptop does not boot correctly in I also have all sleep options in quot Power Options quot set to quot Off quot or quot Never quot because this thing does not do well with Sleep mode When it first started doing this yesterday I tried hard booting it and also removed the battery and cleared the circuit memory Nothing worked Finally I tried holding Function F which is the sleep function on my keyboard and it worked The screen came on and it began booting It s not as though the monitor wouldn t turn on It just would not boot until quot woken up quot Once I hold Function F it goes and runs fine I m only pretty sure that this solution wasn t coincidental but the last three times I hit those buttons it started up But this is annoying Any ideas on what this could be nbsp

A:Laptop does not boot correctly

Power it down as far as it will go.
Then hold the power button down for 10 seconds.
Boot up and see if you can enter the bios setup.
Check the power options in the bios and make sure the
power button is not set to standby.
May be that the windows power settings didn't take and holding
the power button for 10 seconds should put the computer in
a complete shutdown so the next time it boots it will reread the registry.
Checking the bios won't hurt though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-does-not-boot-correctly.956352/
Relevancy 46.44%

hello my dell PC will not boot up correctly everytime i try to boot it up it gives a screen saying it did not boot up correctly not will up PC Dell boot correctly and gives me choices of how to boot Dell PC will not boot up correctly up but if i pick any Dell PC will not boot up correctly of them it will go to the windows XP loading screen and just send me straight back to the dell loading screeen which sends me to the booting screen in an infinite cycle The only thing i have done lately that could have caused this was installing a driver that lets a PS controller work on the computer but it worked on another computer so i think it is something else just thought i would mention it since i have no idea why my computer is messing up Also the computer does not beep once at all during this process Also when it is going from the windows XP load screen back to the dell load screen the CD drives flashes times of course i am typing this on a another computer

A:Dell PC will not boot up correctly

Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.Type: chkdsk /rIt's important to have a space before the "/".To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273906/dell-pc-will-not-boot-up-correctly/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey, I'm a computer user from South Korea, and I'm having trouble with my desktop computer.

Sorry if there are any English typos, or what not.

I have similar problems to the user "samalama," where the computer will only load to the point of my wallpaper.

No icons, no ability to access the task manager, no ability to access safe mode, no nothing.

I've visited the sites recomended by the user Rich-M, but they provide no solutions.

Any help?