Windows Support Forum

Can't logon to admin windows vista profile

Q: Can't logon to admin windows vista profile

Hello I have a friend who used his computer yesterday and today when he attempted to logon to his computer as himself (admin) it tells him "user profile cannot be loaded". I attempted to help him boot into safe mode and change his password. He changed it and it still brings up the same error message. He does have another profile account that his daughter uses but no admin actions can be taken from her account. What can I do to help my friend? This is a challenge I have never encountered during my learning of how to troubleshoot pc's.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't logon to admin windows vista profile

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't logon to admin windows vista profile

Ouch. Sounds like a corrupted %USERPROFILE% and the fix requires the Admin-Id.

Have you tried running a System Restore? I will prompt for the admin password.
Issue is, not entirely sure the user's profiles are saved in the restore points.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-logon-to-admin-windows-vista-profile.216968/
Relevancy 80.84%

Admin account worked fine on Monday.  The kid used her (non-admin) account in the meantime.  Now it won't log into the admin account - "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."  I've read a few other boards on this issue, so I am now doing a thorough virus scan and will include results as soon as they're available.  But I am not confident about moving forward with any of the paths I've seen laid out, and some of them don't apply if you can't access the admin account anyway, so I wanted to start a thread here (I've gotten fabulous help here several times before).  It's running Vista Home Premium SP2.  AVG 2013 Internet Security.  Can't think what other specs may be relevant, but am happy to provide whatever would be of use.  Thanks!!

A:User Profile svc failed logon. User profile can't be loaded." on admin acct.

I got the same message when attempting to login on Windows 7, after no previous problems or changes before shutdown the night before. It continued to loop back to the logon screen even after rebooting. I ended up having to log on in Safe Mode, then do a system restore to restore back to the last restore point, which was a system checkpoint a couple of days earlier. That fixed it, and I've had no problems since. I hope that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515804/user-profile-svc-failed-logon-user-profile-cant-be-loaded-on-admin-acct/
Relevancy 79.12%

Please help! I am trying to logon to my computer and am getting The User Profile Service failed the logon message for both my Lucy and Lucy Administrator profiles. I have looked on here to find a solution and have tried to do a system restore but it tells me that there are no settings to restore to ?? Most other messages just dont make sense as Im not great at dealing with computers when they go wrong! I would be really grateful if anyone knows how I can sort this out. The only thing I can do is log into Safe Mode and I have no idea where to go from here!
Thanks

A:Vista logon issue - The User Profile Service failed the logon ???

Hi Lucy

The following tutorial will give you instructions on how to fix this - The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277998-vista-logon-issue-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi I m having several issues with my Sony Vaio Profile Lock turned Logon User Failed Admin Out...Help! Windows bit Home Premium Laptop A few days ago upon start-up I received an error message when trying to login to my Admin account My caps were not on and I was entering the correct password Error message - quot User Profile Failed Logon quot I am able to log on to a secondary user account that does not have admin authority so I m basically stuck To make matters worse I did a bunch of shutdowns restarts to see if it would fix itself and now I get quot password incorrect quot error message on Admin acct I do not User Profile Failed Logon turned Admin Lock Out...Help! have any cd s for the pc due User Profile Failed Logon turned Admin Lock Out...Help! to Hurricane Sandy and I don t have another laptop I went to Youtube and found a Safe Mode Registry Fix that was super easy and was going to try it but now that I am no longer receiving the quot User Profile Failed Logon quot and have subsequently locked myself out I m not sure this fix applies I ve read tons of blogs and have visited countless forums and I m afraid to cause any more damage lose access to the secondary user account or the ability to connect to the net I definitely cannot afford to have it serviced and am hoping that I can resolve these issues with your help nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

Hello

When I tried to log on to administrator account on vista laptop this morning I got the following error massage "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." I did some research and found a potential solution: The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

However the problem is that the solution needs a working administrartor account and the only account I'm able to log in is a standard one with no power to change account type or boot into admin safe mode/ do a command prompt whatsoever.

Would anyone happen to have an alternative solution that doesn't require an admin account to fix this?

A:Vista - The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Was able to log on in safe mode and follow the registry edit procedure. Thanks anyway

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/281202-vista-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 72.67%

my computer is password protected. i only have one user account on it. how can i fix this without losing anything on my laptop?

A:vista-the user profile service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded

Just a thought, did you password the default administrator account?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533684/vista-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi All

Last night my computer kept sticking at the welcome page after the password was entered. After restarting it a few times, it ended up sticking on a black screen with a white cursor.

After googling for help I ran a startup repair which said there were no problems but every time I try to log into the profile now it takes me to a temporary profile.

I have managed to create a standard profile now as I originally only had an admin profile and can see that the files and documents are still there on the admin profile.

I just want to know how I can fix the admin profile if anyone can help me please?

hope I've provided enough info, sorry if I haven't

many thanks,

lee

A:Vista admin profile problem SP2

Hi and welcome to TSF you may be able to run a repair like this http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html and this may be another possibility to let you sort things http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...r_activate.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-admin-profile-problem-sp2-466068.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have two computers my desktop which I am on right now and a User to received when profile I the The Today Service service cannot logon to attempted be faileld my laptop loaded. msg: I Profile User Logon. HP laptop with Windows Home Professional I have two accounts set up on it nbsp One in my name and Today when I attempted to logon to my laptop I received msg: The User Profile Service service faileld the Logon. User profile cannot be loaded. I am Admin and one in my son's name with just basic user priviledges Today when I attempted to logon to my laptop I received msg: The User Profile Service service faileld the Logon. User profile cannot be loaded. nbsp Yesterday I had been signed on the laptop under my profile and switched users to his account nbsp Last night when we logged off I logged him off first Then attempted to log me off when the message came up quot another user is connected quot nbsp Today when I tried to log in as myself I received quot The User Profile Service service failed the Logon nbsp User profile cannot be loaded I can't get in to restore because my Admin password my login failed nbsp I tried coming up in safe mode but still can't get past the admin password nbsp How do I fix this nbsp The way it stands now I can't do anything other than surf nbsp Can't add programs can't uninstall etc

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ad0180d8-821f-4c8f-af79-29fefe3a8894/today-when-i-attempted-to-logon-to-my-laptop-i-received-msg-the-user-profile-service-service?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi After experiencing some blue screens graphics driver related I reverted back to and this morning decided to give the card a good clean This is my main PC which has Windows Home Premium Q GTX Somehow I managed to corrupt my user profile and received the User Profile Service failed the logon message Following the advice to boot in using Safe Mode showed only my profile with no access to the registry editor or command line I then rebooted in safe mode with command line and enabled the built in administrator account The next reboot into safe mode showed my account and other Since mine is the only account that I have set up and I am not able to create a new account the Control Panel user account options do not work I The Service profile mode, failed User Profile Safe only my logon. the have no idea what to do next I The User Profile Service failed the logon. Safe mode, only my profile would prefer not to have to perform a fresh install so any help would be gratefully received John

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. Safe mode, only my profile

Logon as built-in "administrator" account in safe mode. Works?
Logon as built-in "administrator" account in normal mode. Works?

If working.... create a new fresh admin account.

Post results

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316786-user-profile-service-failed-logon-safe-mode-only-my-profile.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi, I have this on login attempt

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
It then logs off and directs me back to same screen.

As I stupidly only have one account I have no access to play with any windows options!!!

Please he lp
Just turned on other PC on home network and was able to access the shared folders on problem pc.

Is there any way to correct without a clean install?

Thank You

SOLVED....... Big apologies to all staff at TSG.. I didn't search enough posts.

But I found this and followed exactly. Don't know if it was for Vista, but workedlike a charm on Win 7 x64 Ultimate.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/787436-solved-user-profile-service-has.html
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-but-only-one-logon-account.927771/
Relevancy 64.5%

I just purchased a Dell laptop and I?m using Windows 7. Since purchasing it I had an IT friend do some windows updates and he set up a profile. Later when I brought the laptop home for the first time I get this message when I turn it on, ?the user profile service failed the logon?. It gives me only a button that says ?OK?. When I click that it says the user profile cannot be found. Upon start up I have tried clicking the F8 button but it doesn?t do anything. I am not computer savvy at all and I don?t know what to do with this really cool new computer that I can?t use.

A:Windows 7 Profile logon failure

I can see your not exactly tech savvy, but I'll see if I can help. I see you have a Vostro. Same here. Did it come with a Windows 7 CD? I might be able to help you do a repair install, or wost case scenario a clean install. Also, Dells tech support can be annoying but when you get the right person they can be really helpful. If I can't get your problem sorted out, you can give them a try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/99330-windows-7-profile-logon-failure.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Ok so my buddy's ancient xp laptop has failing video I logged onto it as an administrator and shared all the users documents I proceeded to another pc in the house running Vista and created an administrator account with the same credentials as the laptop's then copied Admin doing created newly Move to after Missing from profile Files profile mostly I used copy but for a few folders I used the move command over the network the primary users profile folder It took two attempts It failed to connect the first time but succeeded after I returned to the laptop and disabled Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile simple file sharing and gave the laptops administrator's user account I shared the folders from security permissions to all user folders in question I had my friend's Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile girlfriend verify all her pictures were in place on the Vista PC and they were I felt like quot see I do know my stuff quot They aren't computer people and have alot of old failing machines I keep going for them I do this for a living and must have donated a not insignificant amount of time keeping their aging stuff going and I've had a string of having to tell them I simply couldn't make things like HD transcoding and playback run quot any more better quot or that I couldn't software fix failing hardware on their aging collection of machines So I was happy for the successful move My bud's girl ended up staying on the PC's Admin's profile FaceBooking and reminiscing about the irreplaceable pictures that absolutely needed to be saved from the laptop The ones of a recently lost loved one the loss of which they were taking quite hard It was obvious she was happy to still have them and that made me feel good that something finally worked without a hitch This went on for quite awhile until it got late and the whole time I couldn't stop thinking about getting her stuff off that profile and moved to a Limited user account History has taught me again and again the only way to keep my donated time down to a minimum in certain situations is to keep them using limited user accounts So when she went upstairs I created her a user account on the PC which is running Vista with her name and quickly logged onto and off of it making sure the profile's user account's folders were created I logged back onto the Admin account I previously created for the move which matched the credentials of the failing laptop's and navigated to the newly created users desktop folder and copied some stuff from the moved laptop's desktop folder Success At this point my buddy who's been tossing back beers for hours now tells me that it's he understandably so feels like turning in It's not like I'm yet again working for free right I wonder if I was swapping a motor in his car at no charge he would be rushing me out with only a few bolts left to tighten but I understand it seems to him like I'm doing nothing but keeping him from turning in at this point So I say quot give me just another few minutes quot not wanting to drag the move out another day I selected the four remaining folders in the transferred laptop's user's folder and gave them a move command to the newly created limited users Documents folder instead of putting Pictures in pictures and movies in movies music in music like I started to do with the desktop folder Then in the agonizingly slow fashion everything computer related over there always seem to go the transfer window after the UAC move permissions prompts displays that the move is going to take an hour plus but just long enough for him to say quot that's it I got to turn in quot before flashing to zero and seemingly completing successfully Then I notice the source folder still contained a full pictures folder and a music folder so I reselected them and gave them the move command again accepting the uac prompts and a do this for all move and replace for files of same name and... Read more

A:Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile

You could have summed this up in a lot less words.
Try to recover your files using the free Recuva.
If that fails, try the Free PhotoRec a part of TestDisk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/files-missing-after-doing-move-from-admin-profile-to-newly-created-profile-740513.html
Relevancy 63.64%

We are receiving the following error on our computers. "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." This is happening to users who login into a computer for the first time. How do I fix this issue?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/48a7649a-57cc-4bb1-a3f4-361356c4f14d/windows-7-profile-service-failed-the-logon?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 63.64%

This happened last night. I'm using Windows XP Home Edition.

I was rebooting my laptop as usual. I typed in the password and Windows loaded. But, Windows did not load my admin profile which I have been using before. Instead, it loaded a temporary profile with this error message appeared :

Windows cannot find 'RVHOST.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a files, click the button, and the click Search.

The temporary profile was just a mere blank profile with less icons on the desktop unlike my admin profile before. I also couldn't see my photos, videos, documents, etc in My Documents but I could locate them through Search and could view them normally.

Why did this happen? How do I solve this and get Windows to load back my admin profile which I have been using before? Hope someone can help.

The temporary profile

A:Windows did not load admin profile.

That message appears to be largely associated with malware.

Please read and comply with this guide then post a new item in the Spyware section; http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-did-not-load-admin-profile-421906.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi Guys,

Just attempted to login to my laptop and was faced with this error when entering password.

Any idea how this can be solved ?

Thanks in advance.

Widowmaker

A:windows 7 the user profile service failed the logon

Hi MS suggest some methods here You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon? error message

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-856577.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

Since last week, when we try to logon our Windows 7 computers (at domain) with an user that never has been logged on this computer we receive the following error:

The user profile Service failed the logon. Cannot be loaded the user profile.

I looked for a solution in Google, but it's not in relation with Profilelist on regedit (because this user has never logged on the computer).

It did not happen with local users, only domain ones.

Can you help me?

Thanks,
Regards,

A:Error in Logon on Windows 7 x86 on domain Cannot load profile

Is this one machine or all/some of them?
Does your old domain accounts keep working on the problem PC/s? Is the time synchronized with the DC?

DNS issue perhaps? Does Security event log show any failure audits? How about System logs?

Also, would this help? https://chentiangemalc.wordpress.com...led-the-logon/ It talks about CEIP (Customer Experience Improvement Program), now these days it is active due to Windows 10. Maybe you have Windows 10 updates interfering? For a list of such updates, see How to remove Windows 10 upgrade updates in Windows 7 and 8

- https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...(v=ws.10).aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381555-error-logon-windows-7-x86-domain-cannot-load-profile.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi guys, i have a problem, i'm not sure if this issue has been raised or what but here is my problem.My environment:2003 Domain controllerFile and Print server WSUS ServerSQL ServerWindows XP wks2 new Windows 7 wksWhat happens is that when i try to logon to the domain on  the win7 machine as a std user i get error"You cannot log on because the logon method you are using is not allowed on this computer"If i logon with the domain admin account i'm able to logon and also if i make users members of domain admins they are able to logon to the domain. I realy do not believe that this is the way to go because it compromises my network security. Any help will be gladly appreciated.Thanks

A:Non admin users cannot logon to the domain on Windows 7 wks

Symptom: When trying to logon a computer using non administrator ID, you may receive this message: "You cannot log on because the logon method you are using is not allowed on this computer. Please see you network administrator for more details."
Case 1: Group Policy' "Allow log on locally" was not setup to allow users or domain users. To setup allow users or domain users to logon the computer or domain, you need to add the users or domain users to the "Allow log on locally". Please follow these steps to add the users.

1. Run gpedit.msc.2. Expand Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies3. Click on User Rights Assignment4. Ensure that "Allow log on locally" includes Administrators, BackupOperators, Domain Users or Users.

Case 2: Group Policy' "Deny log on locally"  was setup to deny users or domain users. To setup allow users or domain users to logon the computer or domain locally, "Deny log on locally" should be empty or no users or domain users in the list. Please follow these steps to remove the users or domain users from the "Deny log on locally".

1. Run gpedit.msc.2. Expand Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies3. Click on User Rights Assignment4. Ensure that "Deny log on locally" is empty.

Case 3: The local group policy allow user to logon. However, domain group policy which overrides local policy doesn't allow users to logon locally. The resolution is modify the domain policy to allow users to logon locally.

Case 4:  The domain policy allows domain users to logon locally, but the local policy doesn't and the domain policy doesn't apply to the computer. The fix is running gpupdate to force to update the domain policy.
Case 5: Norton Firewall blocks the communication between the client and domain controller. The solution is disabling Norton firewall or re-configuring it to allow to access the domain controller.MCSE, MCSA, MCDST
[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0f750de8-d56e-4951-a2b1-839e55934745/non-admin-users-cannot-logon-to-the-domain-on-windows-7-wks?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, A friend has installed Windows 2003 and when the computer boots he is prompted to hold down the Control+Alt+Delete as a security feature before entering The Log On password. I would like to know if a password was not set upon installation if the prompt would still appear ? Also I would like to know if this feature can be bypassed somewhere in the settings.

THANKS

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I have ran into a BIG issue which I am usually familiar with and can resolve but this issue for the last hours has got me the failed The user 64Bit) 7 logon..(Windows profile service in twists all over For your information I am running Windows Ultimate Bit I created a new user account Administrator named TestAccount however when I tried logging in I got the message as seen in the title Windows cannot log you on because The user profile service failed the logon..(Windows 7 64Bit) your profile cannot be loaded Now I have tried EVERYTHING I could think know off and searched off Here is what I have done tried and general notes I tried looking and the profilelist in the registry but the profile does not exist I tried changing the account from Admin to standard but same issue and nothing is ever created in the registry The account is visible in the Control Panel and has a folder under C users I have deleted the account and made several others with different names but problem still persist I have tried booting in safe mode minimal same issue I have made sure that C users default has full permissions for Everyone Another issue while Googling suggested removing a file from AppData under Windows Live lt lt I don't use windows live so don't have this folder file I have restarted count less times Disabled anti-virus avast Ran Anti-Virus and Malware scans I checked the event viewer logs and here is what I got Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded Check that you are connected to the network and that your network is functioning correctly DETAIL - Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed Can anyone shed light on this issue Cheers

A:The user profile service failed the logon..(Windows 7 64Bit)

Hello CriticalError,

By default, a new user account's "C:\Users\(user-name)" folder and registry entry doesn't get created until the first time you successfully log in to it. This would be why you are not seeing them.

You might see if doing a system restore using a restore point dated before you had this issue may be able to fix it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/333934-user-profile-service-failed-logon-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,
I want to know how to remove Windows 7 logon screen and admin password when

reset disk is not available?

A:How to remove Windows 7 logon screen and admin password?

Hi Amin2234,

As far as I know, this option is useful in case we will forget the passwords in the future. If we have created a password reset disk, we can use it to reset the password without re-installing the machine. If this option is missing or corrupted,
we will have to reinstall the machine if we have forgotten the password.

As for the security reasons, it is not available to reset the password without the resetting password disk. We shouldn`t be worried about this.

Best Regards,
Tao

Please
mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.
If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact
[email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/29e90ccf-1fbd-4205-8ef3-5d47193e7865/how-to-remove-windows-7-logon-screen-and-admin-password?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 61.92%

On logon, I'm getting the following:

Windows cannot load profile, but has logged you on with the default profile for the system.

The system has attempted to restore a file into the registry but the specified file is not in a registry file.

(This message appears with a 30 second countdown)

A:Windows 2k logon message: Windows cannot load profile

Here's the M$ site which addresses this known problem.

You may end up with a new profile in which case you can drag and drop your information/data from the old profile to the new one.

Note of caution use copy and not move as I have seen the new profile be eliminated on the next login. Better yet make a backup of your data as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2k-logon-message-windows-cannot-load-profile.163440/
Relevancy 61.49%

I cannot logon to my laptop for the 1st time

I am getting a message The User profile service failed to logon

user profile cannot be loaded

Any ideas please

A:Cannot login to Windows system - User profile service failed to logon

If you have a Toshiba SSD drive in your laptop there is a problem in windows 7 that makes impossible to logon to the system when the TOSHIBA Storage Utilities are installed. In that case you have to figure out how to get to the system and uninstall it.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89446-Cannot-login-to-Windows-system-User-profile-service-failed-to-logon
Relevancy 59.77%

It is an HP computer that my brother brought over because it wouldn t boot It was giving me a quot bootmgr is compressed quot message So I got my Vista repair disc and uncompressed his drive That got rid of that message but then it was giving me winload exe errors So I fixed that and FINALLY it booted up but when I clicked on his user account to log on I get this error message I have searched for answers I came across a fix where you edit the registry if there is a duplicate entry in the profiles a loaded" profile cannot the service Getting message be logon. "user profile user failed section but there isn t an extra one I can boot into safe mode but I get no administrative tools no ability to see the event viewer or manage users idk if this is normal I did a command I found to make the default administrator account active or something like that and now when it boots up there is his user account Getting a "user profile service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" message and an admin user If I click his user to log on I get the error message If I click the admin account it loads but it loads telling me the Vista copy is not genuine Anyone have any idea how to fix this Why is the admin account telling me Vista is not genuine Thank you

A:Getting a "user profile service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" message

I came across a fix where you edit the registry if there is a duplicate entry in the profiles section but there isn't an extra oneExtra one? you mean the .bak key?Did you follow this guide?http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466518/getting-a-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded-message/
Relevancy 59.34%

OK I read the past forums and saw this problem addressed, but never answered.

I believe my Admin profile is messing up, but in an undefinable way.

I recently lost the ability to use most of the after-market programs installed on my cpu. When i try to open them, they ask for serial numbers. However, they do not accept the serial numbers when I type them in. When I try to uninstall them, I noticed I do not have install/uninstall privileges. And most do not show up in add/remove hardware. I also lost access to my Outlook Express mailboxes. And my desktop looks screwy.

I have only one user account: "Administrator," but it seems I've lost my Administrator privileges. System Restore only goes back to the date it occurred.

Is there a way to get full admin access or at least make the cpu recognize the programs it shows on the desktop?

TIA
BMac

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-profile-w-o-admin-powers.706552/
Relevancy 58.91%

Tried to log on to my ADMIN profile to make changes to user accounts and got the dreaded "User Profile Service" service failed the logon on.

Can anyone advise how to fix this problem?

A:Admin profile - "User Profile Service" error showing.

Hello Dogwalkersg5, and welcome to Vista Forums.

This may be able to help you fix this.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232313-admin-profile-user-profile-service-error-showing.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Im trying to create a new user account on my computer but every time i do that Im unable to login to be User The Service the failed Profile cannot profile loaded User logon. that name Only the main account is accessible All new accounts I create with my account will give me this message quot The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot This applies to the guest account as well If this helps when you go to C Users only the main account's folder and a folder called quot Public quot is present Im pretty sure it should have showed the folder of the newly created account Because of this im unable to copy files from my main account to the new but inaccessible account as the folder for it does not exist This is frustrating as im trying to create an account for my brother with The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded parental controls But we cant even access it without it saying that the user profile cannot be loaded How can I fix this I've been following The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded these instructions from Microsoft Error message quot The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded I went to the registry editor and went to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList Apparently there should be two folders with S- - that is followed by a long set of numbers but there is only one It seems that there isn't even any folder associated with the new account I was only able to find a folder associated with the main account But none for the new accounts So that method to resolve this problem doesn't work for me I am running Windows Vista

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

Did you try the other 2 methods from that webpage?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded-609185.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have literally tried every solution found online and NOTHING seems to work nbsp Our environment Windows server domain controller Windows Pro x bit PC's nbsp Trying to login as a domain user and get the error quot User Profile Service failed the logon nbsp User profile cannot be loaded quot nbsp I can only login with the domain Administrator Service User the profile cannot User Profile be loaded. failed logon. account or the local administrator account nbsp We are NOT using Roaming profiles nbsp The application event logs do have event error and event warning see screenshot below What I have tried Microsoft FixIT Tried editing the SID's out of the registry manually per KB http support microsoft com kb Deleted all domain user profiles from machine Removed PC from domain and rejoined Deleted user account from Active Directory and recreated Verified GPO was not configured to quot allow users to logon with temporary profiles quot SFC scannow Fresh install of Windows Pro Live Essentials nbsp was User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. never nbsp installed some forums referred to the sqm file fron event ID possible relating to an issue with Live Essentials Google update was never installed nbsp remember seeing it referred to in a forum as well nbsp I am now out of ideas nbsp This has been an ongoing issue for about a month and I am finally admitting defeat nbsp This is my last effort to get help before breaking down and paying the to Microsoft to help resolve it PLEASE HELP Thanks Phillip

A:User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Phillip,

I would like to verify whether the issue only occurs on special Windows 7 computer or on all Windows 7 computers.

I suggest checking the permission of the user profile folders and Default folder. Make sure the users has full control of their profile folders.

Meanwhile, ensure the users are the owner of the C:\Users\theirname\NTUSER.dat. Also, please put NTUSER.dat in the security software exclusion
list for testing.

Please also post in Server Forum to get more assistance.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversetup/threads

Best Regards,
NikiPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cd6f6995-a683-49de-af35-329a09b4a6f1/user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 58.48%

I had the following error:

I googled how to fix it. I now can't get to my photos from my other user account. How can I get to them so I can burn them on a DVD and clear up some of my hard drive? I can still see they are there in my Picasa program just can't get to them on desktop now.

Thanks,
Nici

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Use an admin account, go to the account's picture folder you had before, and answer yes if it asks if it should modify security. ( haven't done this in a while so I can't remember the exact wording )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded.1139421/
Relevancy 58.48%

windows 7 will not let me log on to my administrator account.  this is my son"s computer. could he have downloaded something that is causing this?  how do i fix it? thanks!

A:the user profile service failed to logon user profile cannot be loaded

i was able to resolve the problem.  system restore in safe moce,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506576/the-user-profile-service-failed-to-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 58.48%

I recently tried working with my Sony VAIO Desktop I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows and ever since I did this I have had a few problems keyboard would disable after the W OS Loaded etc I have been working to remedy this problem and others by Profile Profile loaded the failed be Cannot User Logon- User Service cleaning up the hard drive registry memory etc using AVG Antivirus which I recently installed and its family of products updating drivers to Video Controller and Storage Controller which AVG User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded alerted I needed to update in Device Manager I attempted to update the drivers to the two controllers mentioned above and as windows started to search the internet for solutions after - hours I did not get a response and my screen OS became unresponsive so I had to do a cold boot powered off for cycles - standard I rebooted my system this morning to find that once I logged on User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded I got - quot User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded quot press Ok and it sent me back to the Windows SP logon screen again looping Please provide any knowledge on what to do to remedy this issue Thanks in advance User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded Daveq

A:User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded

Hello Daveq, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below should be able to help with this error.

User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379244-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I've searched for about a week now and have not found a solution. I followed the suggestions about the corrupt Profile and the .BAK SID, but neither are my situation.

My SID is fine - I did manage to find a temporary fix. If I delete and recreate the user in Active Directory on the server it fixes the problem. The problem is, I have 300 computers and every morning there are at least 10 - 15 users I must do this to. Not an ideal solution.

We bypassed Vista, so we had no idea that this Microsoft bug existed until last week.

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be load

Hello ! Welcome to SF !

Check this article from Microsoft run the Fixit and see if that help Error message when you log on to a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer by using a temporary profile: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

- Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/103765-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-load.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Recently i have had a few users in our domain unable to logon due to this error To fix the issue nbsp i have been deleting their local profile and then logging back on so they pick up the mandatory profile stored on the server and everything then works fine Server is running server r and workstations are running windows pro nbsp I have just noticed the below error in the event logs on a few of the affected machines Windows cannot copy file C Users lnyberg AppData Local Temp jds tmp to location UNC CM-DC NOCSC Profiles StaffNew V AppData Local Temp jds tmp This error may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights Profile logon. loaded. Service User profile be User failed the cannot The nbsp DETAIL - Access is denied Is this what could be nbsp causing nbsp the issue with nbsp logging nbsp on I am a bit confused as to why it would be trying to copy a temp file back to the mandatory profile The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. on the server Any ideas would be great Thanks Shane

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/327332a7-1c13-4cae-ae8b-3a48088d621b/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a very bad problem with my PC. It started yesterday and the vista system repair came up and scanned my computer. When it finished I clicked finish and my PC restarted then it did it again..and again...and again.
Then I went into safe mode and virus scanned everything but came up with nothing. So I restarted my PC and it said The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. So I clicked ok then my user account came up somehow. I clicked it and it took me to desktop except that half of my programs were gone and like nothing worked, all my documents, downloads, pictures were all gone. I can't do anything on that computer, can anyone help please??(I have googled it but none of the solutions work so I want to find an answer specific to my problem)

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

Most likely it is loading a temporary profile.

First try a system restore to see if can recover the user profile.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

If system restore fails to load while in windows or you get errors, try it from the recovery environment http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial142.html
Here is another solution to try if SR fails to work for you, it shows you how to create a new user account, then log into the new account and copy your old profile over to the new account. This article is for XP but the process is the same for Vista. See "Moving to a new user profile"

http://www.lockergnome.com/it/2004/12/15/get-it-done-recover-a-damaged-windows-xp-user-profile/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded.856413/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Dell laptop that has Windows Vista. Received the below message after I typed in my password for the adminstrator account

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

I went into Safe Mode and was able to get to the desktop of the laptop. I attempted to go to administrative tools to try and add a new user account but I don't see an option for that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Nancy

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

Here is the Microsoft support article for that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded.1139197/
Relevancy 58.48%

Im trying to create a new user account on my computer but every time i do that Im unable to login to that name Only the administrator account is accessible All new accounts createdwill give me this message quot The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot This applies to the guest account as well If this helps when you go to C Users only the main account s folder and a folder called quot Public quot is present Im pretty sure it should have showed the folder of the newly created account Because of this im unable Profile logon. The the failed loaded cannot User profile be Service User to copy files from my main account to the new account as the folder for it does not exist This is frustrating as im trying to create an account for my brother with parental controls But we cant even access it without it saying that the user profile cannot be loaded How can I fix this I ve been following these instructions from Microsoft The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded http support microsoft The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded com kb I went to the registry editor and went to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList It seems that there isn t even any folder associated with the new account I was only able to find a folder associated with the main account But none for the new accounts

Back to the beginning...what steps did you actually take...to create a new profile?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425494/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey Guys so this happened to my laptop the other day and I have only got round to fixing it now, I tried a few options like editing the .bak files etc with no luck so I recovered what I could and just deleted the user profile an that seemed to of fixed the issue.

I was just wondering if their is anyway to delete the data off the old user user profile without having to format the hard drive. As its still taking up space on my hard drive even though the profile is deleted.

Many thanks in advance

Damian

Hello Damian, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Since you have already deleted the user account through the Control Panel, you should be able to just delete C:\Users\(user-name) folder for the old user account while logged in the new account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/293696-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey all 

Long time user of bleeping computer - gonna jump on in and join the fun and games!

Anyway I work in a small local computer repair shop and recently we had LOADS of Vista and Windows 7 machines with the error

"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

We can repair the fault changing the profile from temporary profile path and swapped the .bak extension in registry. 

But what the hell is causing it? We have had two machine back in within two weeks of initial repair. We figured windows update at first but its not a given. 

cheers!

A:"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

Have you read this Microsoft Support article?

There are similar articles for Vista and XP.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511054/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 58.48%

Restart F8 brings up F2 Set Up or F12 Boot Menu.  Can't find advanced boot options to start in safe mode.

A:User Profile service faied to logon. User profile cannot be loaded

System manufacturer and model?

FWIW

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559644/user-profile-service-faied-to-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I am new here I know absolutely nothing about computers so I wasn t even sure where I should post this cannot the failed Service loaded. profile logon. User User be Profile thread Please help I am desperate Here I will explain what the issue is AND what I tried nbsp to do to fix it But I failed Recently I ve had issues with my computer randomly opening a lot of windows on it s own Yesterday I was User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. away and my computer was on and when I came back I saw about new tabs opened and all almost my computer icons seemed to have disappeared I assumed it was just some computer mistake because no way everything go deleted on its own So I restarted it When I restarted it I got the message from the title- quot User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be found quot I don t wanna take User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. it to a quot professional quot to get it fixed because I don t trust any people here in my city- whenever I did that they deleted ALL my files And I have some EXTREMELY important files in this computer that I wish I had saved on USB but I haven t so I definitely can t lose them I just never thought anything will go wrong with this computer as it worked pretty much perfectly So anyway I decided to try to fix it on my own despite that I admittedly know nothing about computers I read that this issue is fairly easy to fix So I found tutorials and forums where people say you should press f and it will take you to quot safe boot quot mode I did this and the first times nothing happened- and third time something did happen but NOT what they said I got options with numbers and letters and third option saying quot enter setup quot Obviously this was Chinese to me but I knew it s not supposed to be that way I saw some people had the similar issue and someone suggested that I press ESC so I did The next thing that happened was that it opened quot ASUS UEFI BIOS Utility - Advanced mode quot and it had parts- Main Al Tweaker Advanced Monitor Boot Tool All I knew was that from what I read I was supposed to activate quot safe boot quot in order to access computer properly but when I clicked under quot Boot quot I didn t see safe or secure mode anywhere I don t know what to do Please help as I m seriously desperate I will gladly tell you any further info and detail about anything else that I can see on my computer under any of these options I just really need this fixed and I d really appreciate it if anyone was patient enough to tell me what to do step by step Thank you so much in advance

A:User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

You can try to fix with Safe Mode - repeatedly tap F8 as you boot up.It may take two or three tries to start the safe mode.Continue with Safe mode and user the Administrator login.Are you able to get into the computer with Safe mode as the Administrator? **** In this context administrator is the name of a hidden account used in safe mode. Normally you would not have to use this account. It can be used to repair or create user accounts.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158181.0.html
Relevancy 58.48%

i encounter this problem when i try to login my account which is under a domain User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded Will the OU in ad will affected this problem Firstly this machine hostname have the cannot loaded service be logon profile User User profile failed not move to Finance OU But i can login my own account my account has move to Finance OU I try my colleague login User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded id as well His user account was also in the Finance OU but he cannot login he get the user profile service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded This is cause by OU or is it the windows issue User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded i have try to rejoin the domain same problem This is a new machine so i believe the registry fix on the profile list does not help at all i User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded try to copy the default folder under user to my usb and then transfer to the new pc same problem as well anyone have any solution to it

A:User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded

You'd need to ask your IT Adminstrator.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351792-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 58.48%

lately when i try to turn on the Guest user ( its my first time to turn on it)
then when i try to log on using guest i encounter a error message?
the user profile service failed to logon user profile cannot be loaded , i already try to make another user but the message or error is still appearing ,

but my main user is working im just worried about this and i already try some solution here but its not working

im using Windows 7 , thank you in advance !

A:The User Profile Service Failed to Logon User Profile Cannot be loaded

Hello John,

You might see if the tutorial below may be able to help fix this for you. User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
If not, then I'd recommend to turn off the Guest account, delete any 501 key below found for the C:\Users\Guest account at the same registry location in the tutorial above, delete the C:\Users\Guest folder, and restart the computer. This will give you a fresh start with the Guest account as if you never turned it on.

S-1-5-21-4087885203-1817915059-2930943868-501

or

S-1-5-21-4087885203-1817915059-2930943868-501.bak

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/223305-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi

On my daughters W7 x86 PC the above message is happening when she tries to logon, the PC was set up with two users, I do noyt know if the other user can logon as she is away and we do not know the password.

What can I do to fix this error, all the fixes I can find require the user to logon, which is not happening.

Any ideas on how I can proceed.

Thanks

Daniel

Hello Daniel, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below can help with fixing this error. The "In Preparation" section at the top will help to get logged into an administrator account to be able to do the rest of the tutorial. If you have any questions, then please feel free to ask.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310351-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-load.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, at windows start i get the message "The User Profile Service failed to logon. User profile cannot be loaded". There was no known activity last time system was up and running and it was shut down normal.

The desctop(HP) was delivered some years ago with V7 installed, ONE personal userID with admin auth. was created. Then a System repair disc was created.

What is the safest and simplest way(if any) to fix this problem and maintain the user data?(I did see support strings about this problem but they seem very complicated and confusing to me)

1. Shoud I restart system some functional key to get into safe mode or use the System repair disc and then what option?

2. Should I then logon to the default accountID(not known to me), and restore system to older backup point or shoud I try to repair the personal UserId?

Please advice

Hej Stene, v?lkommen till Seven Forums .

See this tutorial for fix: User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/334619-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-load.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I have a problem with my windowsc profile When I enter my password I get I message saying The user profile failed the logon User profile can not be loaded I have Google how to fix it and the fix seems to be boot into safe mode by pressing f or f but I have tried this and I don't get any menu it just loads to the windows Logon screen So I can't seem to load safe mode is there anything can User not The profile user logon help!! profile the failed be loade else I can try I do still have my windows disk used to install windows onto the PC from around months ago If that can be of any help I still have a lot of data on the PC that is help!! The user profile failed the logon User profile can not be loade not backed up so I don't want to wipe the internal HDD Is there any way I can copy my files to my external HDD as I really don't want to Lose them My PC is an Acer xc- thank you

A:help!! The user profile failed the logon User profile can not be loade

Hello Blade, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Double check using the tutorial below to see if it may be able to help you sort this error.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376342-help-user-profile-failed-logon-user-profile-can-not-loade.html
Relevancy 56.76%

greetings friends I ve had my laptop Administrator service Profile logon User windows failed 7 Service to for around months with scarcely any problems Yesterday I was on my administrator account as usual and everything was running fine I did no changes nor any downloads Today I tried to log onto my User Account which is the Admin User Profile Service service failed to logon windows 7 Administrator and I received the user profile service service failed to logon notice out of nowhere When I signed on to my fathers account whose is also on my pc it allowed me to with no problems When I try User Profile Service service failed to logon windows 7 Administrator to configure the Administrative or Account settings User Profile Service service failed to logon windows 7 Administrator after typing my password no action takes place When I try to download the Fix it program from Windows it doesn t allow me due to the need for the Admin password which I type and no action takes place as well I tried Safe Command mode and net user administrator active no to deactivate my Admin password Didn t work I have several files in my account I need for school work etc I was trying to make the other User Account the Admin thereby freeing my User account of this problem no luck When I log on in Safe Mode it allows me to log on to my Admin User I tried restoring settings to the latest date that appeared no luck Someone pleaseee help I have absolutely no idea what to do nbsp

A:User Profile Service service failed to logon windows 7 Administrator

Tap F8 when you turn the PC on or restart; when you get the Windows boot menu there should be some recovery options, I think near the bottom of the page. Try a System Restore to the most recent date prior to this problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-service-service-failed-to-logon-windows-7-administrator.946195/
Relevancy 56.76%

greetings friends I've had my laptop for around months with scarcely any problems Yesterday I was on my administrator account as usual and everything was running fine I did no changes nor any downloads Today I tried Administrator 7 to User Profile logon service windows Service failed to log onto my User Account User Profile Service service failed to logon windows 7 Administrator which is the Admin and I received the user profile service service failed to logon notice out of nowhere When I signed on to my fathers account whose is also on my pc it allowed me to with no problems When I try to configure the Administrative or Account settings after typing my password no action takes place When I try to download the Fix it program from Windows it doesn't allow me due to the need for the Admin password which I type and no action takes place as well I tried Safe Command mode and net user administrator active no to deactivate my Admin password Didn't work I have several files in my account I need for school work etc I was trying to make the other User Account the Admin thereby freeing my User account of this problem no luck When I log on in Safe Mode it allows me to log on to my Admin User I tried restoring settings to the latest date that appeared no luck Someone pleaseee help I have absolutely no idea what to do Please help

A:User Profile Service service failed to logon windows 7 Administrator

Hi -

Please see this KB from Microsoft --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-profile-service-service-failed-to-logon-windows-7-administrator-509705.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have four user accounts. none will log on. the message is the same for all "the user profile service service failed the logon" "the server endpoint cannot perform the operation" Googling the message yielded no relevant results and results full of spammy results

A:Unable to log onto windows - the user profile service service failed the logon"

Well...those two errors are somewhat different.

The user profile service error is common, IMO, while the server endpoint error seems related to networking.

Are you trying to logon to a domain?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541474/unable-to-log-onto-windows-the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon/
Relevancy 56.33%

Suddenly, the Windows 7 doesn't allow me to access my Admin Account and showing error msg (The User Profile Service service failed to Logon). I am left with only the Guest Account with limited access.
I tried copying the cmd.exe, using Fix It Program, login through Safe Mode but all didn't work.
Would anyone help pls?
HMK

A:The User Profile (Administrator Account) Service failed to logon and then left with only Guest Account in Windows 7

Hi,

Occasionally, Windows might not read your user profile correctly, such as if your antivirus software is scanning your computer while you try to log on.
Please try restarting your computer and logging on with your user account again.

If the issue still persists, please restart in safe mode to log on with the built-in administrator account:
1. Restart your computer and hit F8 multiples times until you see a menu-like screen, if you see the Windows splash screen then repeat this step
2. Highlight and hit enter on Safe Mode with Command Prompt. Try logging in there.
3. If you are able to login, once a command prompt pops up, type: net user administrator password /active:yes (you can specify whatever password you want for the administrator
account.)
4. If you get a message saying "The command completed successfully", then restart your computer by typing: shutdown -r
5. Boot up again pressing F8, but this time choose just Safe Mode.
6. You will be able to login as Administrator with the password you set in Step 3.

Then try the following methods:
Method 1: Fix these user account profile on these computer

Method 2: Log on to Windows and copy your data to a new account
Method 3: Delete the error SID and create a new profile
For the detailed information, please refer to this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215Karen Hu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7389c4fb-18f4-43a9-b827-64581ddfff06/the-user-profile-administrator-account-service-failed-to-logon-and-then-left-with-only-guest?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 55.9%

switched on my computer and cant log into my profile it says THE USER PROFILE SERVICE SERVICE FAILED LOGON please help dont know what to do.

A:Cant logon to my profile

Hello marzy1969 and welcome to Vista Forums

Have a look at this The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/283148-cant-logon-my-profile.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hmmm, I created an account on my principal's laptop and password protected it. The funny thing is that every time I try to logon to that profile it says I've entered the wrong password. Ok, now I know what you're thinking....that I entered the wrong password when I created a password for this profile. The thing is I've done this at least 10 times! I'm losing what little hair I have left
He's got a Micron Transport ZX, 700mghz with 256 Mb, running XP Pro.
Can anyone offer any suggestions to this strange phenomenon?
May God bless,
Peter

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,
I need help figuring out how to fix this error:

User Profile Service service failed the logon
User Profile cannot be loaded

My computer was running fine last Sunday evening. I shut it down normally, but when we tried to get on Monday we got the above message. I am able to get on using my son's user ID but he does not have administrator rights so we are limited in our usage. I can log on to my administrator account in safe mode but can not make any changes. I have tried to delete my profile and start over but it does not allow me to do that. HELP
Thanks,

A:Profile failed logon

This site may help:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...ot-loaded.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/profile-failed-logon-439318.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an unusual problem:

(Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2)

I have a user, JANESMITH, who was recently married. Because she is a remote user, we requested that she return her laptop to us at the Help Desk so that we could get her signed onto the network properly with her married name logon, JANEJONES.

Signing on with JANEJONES works fine, there are no errors. However, I am unable to copy JANESMITH's documents, etc to JANEJONES's profile because there is no profile for JANEJONES under C:\Documents and Settings\

JANEJONES does have all of JANESMITH's shortcuts on her desktop, her favorites and her documents, but there is no profile (that I can find).

What could cause this and is it correctable?

A:User Can Logon to PC, but has no profile

Im Assuming you just changed the logon name via the active directory?
so she could logon with her new name?

This being so, location and storage of profile will probably not change, only the logon name. So all profile information will still be held in JANESMITH folder within documents and settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-can-logon-to-pc-but-has-no-profile.623812/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi, today i strted cleaning my pc from trojans. so i had to go to safemode to clean proper (still far from it ). okay so i start in safe and i notice there are 2 admins. HP_Admin and just admin. okay was fine, was puzzeld as to why but okay. i made a new admin account and deleated them both. well my pc shuts down on its own.(has been doing it since i got trojan.) and i start up in safe mode to run another scan, and to my surprise there is yet another admin profile. now my quetion is. does windowsXP make a defult admin profile for safemode? and why can i not see it out of safemode. I tried to got to user accounts to deleat it and it is no there. i can only see it at the choose user profile in safemode bootup.

Relevancy 55.04%

The thread title is a problem that I've been having while trying to create a new profile for work on my laptop. This is the error message that happens every time I try to log into this profile. All the help I've been able to find online has involved old profiles having this error, but I'm only getting this error with newly created profiles. The regedit solution that the windows site gives doesn't work because my computer isn't creating a path in the registry to that user account apparently, and I honestly have no idea how to fix this.

A:"user profile cannot be loaded user profile service failed the logon"

Hello iluvme4never, welcome to Seven Forums!

Start by having a look at this tutorial at the link below.

User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/163761-user-profile-cannot-loaded-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 55.04%

when i switch on the lenovo laptop win 7 the user profile service service failed the logon user profile canot be loaded what to do how to solv the problem ican,t login to laptop

A:user profile service service failed the logon user profile canot be loaded

I receive error message: The user profile service failed the - Microsoft Answers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-canot-be-loaded-572201.html
Relevancy 55.04%

How can I overcome the annoyance of being asked to run certain progs as admin when I already am...How can I log in permanently as admin to avoid this.I would appreciate any help on the above subject

Thanks iknownuffin 70

A:Win 8.1 how to logon always as admin

Hello Phil,

You could use the built-in elevated "Administrator" to sign in to Windows to always "Run as administrator", but you will not be able to use any modern Store apps while signed in to this account.

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

If that would be an issue, then you could use the method in the tutorial below to create elevated shortcuts of the programs you run often for this to not get prompted by UAC.

Elevated Program Shortcut without UAC Prompt - Create - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/56505-win-8-1-how-logon-always-admin.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,
I currently have 5 user accounts on my windows vista 32-bit computer and I needed to create a new account. So, I logged onto the administrator account and created a new user account. Then, I logged off the administrator account and tried to log onto the new account. However, I received the following message
The user profile service failed the log on.
User profile can not be loaded.
After receiving the message I restarted the computer and attempted to log onto the new account but I received the same message.
Please help me.
Thank you in advance.

A:The user profile service Service failed the log on. User profile can not be loaded. Problem. Windows Vista 32-bit

Fix a corrupted user profile, Vista - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456439/the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the-log-on-user-profile-can-not-be-loaded-problem-windows-vista-32-bit/
Relevancy 54.61%
Relevancy 54.61%

hi please help me out,The user profile failed the logon User profile can not be loaded aspire 5740

A:The user profile failed the logon User profile can...

have you signed in with a microsoft account? is so, try changing your profile icon on http://microsotft.com

If I solved your problem, please click "accept as solution." If you found my post helpful, please click Kudos. it only takes a second, and I would really appreciate it! Thanks!-PMiner

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/The-user-profile-failed-the-logon-User-profile-can-not-be-loaded/td-p/460169
Relevancy 54.61%
Relevancy 54.61%

Windows 7

I cannot get onto my computer.  on powerup I get the following message.

The User Profile service failed the logon

user profile cannot be loaded

Thnx for any solutions.

A:User Profile failed the logon

You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon" error message 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514716/user-profile-failed-the-logon/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Win7 2008R2 Domain Controller and client computers running Win 7 Pro. On some of my client workstations when you go to logon as any user other than admin the error message "User Profile Service failed the logon, User Profile could not be loaded". After some research on the web they suggest deleting the SID of the user profile in question. However the values in the registry do not match the article. It says that there should be a .bak ext on one of the values. I don't see this value, just long #'s. Anyone familiar with this problem or the work around (if there is one) please let me know.

A:User Profile Logon Failure

This can happen if you create a local account instead of an account in Active Directory on the Domain Controller. Or if a User account is deleted from AD. First check the user account in AD.
then try this: going into the Advanced Security Settings for the C:\Users\Default folder (its hidden by default) and checking the box to "Replace all child object permission with inheritable permissions from this object".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-profile-logon-failure-701477.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Lenovo thinkpad x201 3626 laptop with an i5 2.53 ghz processor, 4 gb ram, 128gb hard drive. I am trying to load windows 7 pro 64bit os and it loads up fine. I load up the drivers for wireless, video, Ethernet, fingerprint reader and etc. updates start to download from Microsoft and restart a couple of times. After a couple of restarts the the message windows explorer has stopped working will pop up and the screen refreshes with no icons on the desktop or start menu displaying the message location not found. I can't do anything with the user name on the machine as it say there are no files or the path is incomplete. I then restart the laptop and I get the message the user profile service services cannot logon and goes right back to the login screen. Will not load the desktop

A:The user profile service cannot logon

Hello rbulgin & welcome to TSF

See this: You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon .

Post back to us.

Cheers!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-user-profile-service-cannot-logon-654796.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Please help me with this problem , i'm the adminstrater of the computer, and i can't log on into my account because this message comes up profile service failed the logon, profile cannot be loaded!

A:Profile service failed the logon!

Hello step051, welcome to TSF

Have you got a second account at all?
Are you able to log into the computer to some extent?

Regards

Craig

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/profile-service-failed-the-logon-376817.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all I deleted something that I thought was my logon Lost Solved: XP Pro... profile in attached to MS Accounting Software but clearly I think it was for something else as now I have lost my XP Pro profile for when I boot my pc It was set to automatically log in and go right to my desktop NOW Solved: Lost my logon profile in XP Pro... I get the Administrator profile without anything else AND I have to always log in with a password I ve tried to recreate my profile but when I do that in User Accounts it indicates that there is already one there with that name Perhaps so but I don t see it anywhere I m running a Compaq Deskpro PIII Mghz Mb RAM and XP Pro SP I searched this one and I can t seem to find it on the site here Please help as I can t get to the files in my profile Thanks so much for all Solved: Lost my logon profile in XP Pro... the past help you ve provided and may God bless Peter nbsp

A:Solved: Lost my logon profile in XP Pro...

Did you try a system restore back to a point before you removed the program?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-my-logon-profile-in-xp-pro.725680/
Relevancy 54.61%

I would really appreciate how to do it I already tried to go into safe mode but it said the same thing I can't even get on guest accounts mine or safe mode please help thank you (:

A:The user profile service cannot logon

Welcome
Talk to us, what happened and how long ago. Is this your only administrative account or is it an administrative account?

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/287234-user-profile-service-cannot-logon.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Please help! Tried the fix in reg edit user profiles. However, there was no .dat file to correct. Not sure what to do. Tried to create new user, but it didn't copy all my files. And I would have to redo outlook for all my email. I just want to fix this, so I can get back to work. I made the mistake of following advice to do a chkdsk, which is just now at 42%. Can anyone here help me? Thanks in advance!

A:Help! User profile logon error

Let the chkdsk finish.  If you stop it you will wind up with missing or damaged files.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538983/help-user-profile-logon-error/
Relevancy 54.61%

It seems I have a virus that creates a new user each time I logon as well as modifies each of the default profile values in the registry so I cannot see my pictures / documents / music.

A new folder is created each time in the Users Folder

TEMP.{USERNAME}.001
TEMP.{USERNAME}.002
TEMP.{USERNAME}.003

Etc.

Thanks

A:New User Profile each time at logon

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427889/new-user-profile-each-time-at-logon/
Relevancy 54.61%

The above is the message on my pc for my own user profile.
I have other family members logging on ok as I am on one of their accounts now. I can clearly access internet gmail work (sadly) from here but not my account on the pc.

Big concern also is that I am the administrator?

What do I do?

A:The user profile failed to logon?

Hello Gordon, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below may be able to help fix this user profile error. Be sure to read all of it for all available options.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/290099-user-profile-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I am trying to logon to my laptop, VIsta XP, and i keep getting this error message
The user profile service service failed the logon, user profile cannot be loaded, i have 2 profiles and everytime i click on either one it gives me this error, i cannot even get into my windows. Recently my wireless connection has been running really slow or booting me out. I ran spybot and it came up with a Banker Trojan?? any ideas what that is, i cannot remove it because i cannot get into my pc at all. Please help me!!! thanks in advance

A:User profile failed to logon

Hello,

NOTE: Items in Quote boxes were not originally written by me, but still apply.

Trojan.Banker is a really serious threat.

Trojan.Banker steals information such as bank accounts, usernames, passwords and credit card details from your computer and sends it to the attacker.

If this computer is ever used for on-line banking, I suggest you do the following immediately:

1. Call all of your banks, credit card companies, financial institutions and inform them that you may be a victim of identity theft and to put a watch on your accounts or change all your account numbers.

2. From a clean computer, change ALL your on-line passwords for email, for banks, financial accounts, PayPal, eBay, on-line companies, any on-line forums or groups you belong to.

Do NOT change passwords or do any transactions while using the infected computer because the attacker will get the new passwords and transaction information.

Do not use this computer for online banking again until a trained Malware Removal expert has given you the all clear.

Once this has been done, start to follow these steps to fix your computer:

If you have any problems with any of this, just ask.

Then, because your computer will still be full of infections, start to slowly follow all of these instructions:

Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide

Do not start two topics at once, but since this is a serious infection, and we are not a specific Malware Removal Website, you may post at geekstogo.com. If you do, you MUST tell me. This is completely fine, but we don't want to waste the time of two people with degrees in Malware Removal (not me) However, I am able to look at your logs and offer help.

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/278882-user-profile-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi So my laptop was pretty messed up and i had to reinstal Windows Had a clean laptop for two days then tried to turn it on and got a message saying an error occured and it can't read the hard disk ctr alt del to restart Win7 (admin) on log to Can't profile my this was the reason i had to reinstal I restarted and it booted but now it says it can't log on to my user account which Can't log on to my profile (admin) Win7 is the only account on this laptop I only get this message and OK button which takes me to log on screen Tried everything like checking for errors - an error occurs and it can't run that Tried system restore - again error Tried to delete create new user account - it does nothing when i click on those options in control panel Tried regedit - the search won't find regedit went to windows Can't log on to my profile (admin) Win7 folder found command com but it won't let me use it Oh and in safe mode everytime i access My computer i get a big error saying C Windows system config systemprofile Desktop refears to a location that is unavailable It could be on hard drive on this computer or on network Any thoughts

A:Can't log on to my profile (admin) Win7

Hi
Welcome to Seven Forums
Have a look at this thread from Microsoft Forums - Microsoft Answers
Noticed that you are unable to create another account - have you tried enabling the hidden Admin account?

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

Once you are a able to create another account you can follow the following from Microsoft - Fix A Corrupted User Profile

Quote:
Fix a corrupted user profile

Your user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you want it to. It contains your settings for desktop backgrounds, screen savers, pointer preferences, sound settings, and other features. User profiles ensure that your personal preferences are used whenever you log on to Windows. If you tried to log on to Windows and received an error message telling you that your user profile might be corrupted, you can try to repair it. You will need to create a new profile, and then copy the files from the existing profile to the new one.
To create a new user profile

To create a new user profile, you must first create a new user account. When the account is created, a profile is also created.
The steps that you should follow will vary, depending on whether your computer is on a domain or a workgroup. To find out, see "To check if your computer is on a workgroup or domain" in What is the difference between a domain, a workgroup, and a homegroup?
Hide all
My computer is on a domain

Open Microsoft Management Console by clicking the Start button , typing mmc into the search box, and then pressing Enter.* If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
In the left pane of Microsoft Management Console, click Local Users and Groups.
If you don't see Local Users and Groups

If you don't see Local Users and Groups, it's probably because that snap-in hasn't been added to Microsoft Management Console. Follow these steps to install it: In Microsoft Management Console, click the File menu, and then click Add/Remove Snap-in.
Click Local Users and Groups, and then click Add.
Click Local computer, click Finish, and then click OK.

Click the Users folder.
Click the Action menu, and then click New User.
Type the appropriate information in the dialog box, and then click Create.
When you are finished creating user accounts, click Close.

My computer is in a workgroup

Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety, and then clicking User Accounts.
Click Manage another account. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Click Create a new account.
Type the name you want to give the user account, click an account type, and then click Create Account.

To copy files to the new user profile

After you create the profile, you can copy the files from the existing profile. You must have at least three user accounts on the computer to complete these steps, including the new account you just created.

Log on as a user other than the new user you just created or the user that you want to copy files from.
Open the My Documents folder by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Computer. Double-click the hard disk drive that Windows is installed on (it's usually your C: drive), double-click Users, double-click the folder with the name of your account, and then double-click My Documents.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Option... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/120769-cant-log-my-profile-admin-win7.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I XP as Profile admin Working Not have profiles set up on my PC Two are set up as admin users and one is set up as a limited user The limited user and one admin profile are working correctly however the third profile is giving me problems It will log in with the correct password and appears to load the profile XP Profile Not Working as admin However when you try to open a program it says windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item If I set the same profile to a limited user it will open programs firefox ie etc I have ran the gambit of spyware detectors and found them all to be clean SAS MB Spybot HJT and combofix I did just find this entry in the Event Log which may or may not identify the issue Event Type ErrorEvent Source UserenvEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time PMUser Computer Description Windows cannot load the user s profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system DETAIL - Access is denied For more information see Help and Support Center at This seems to indicate that I have a corrupted profile -- http www microsoft com technet support e v amp LCID Any idea of how to find this backup to the profile Anyone concur that this it what seems to be the problem

A:XP Profile Not Working as admin

I also would say that the original profile is corrupt, based on my limited experience.

There is a copy of the ntuser.dat file in C:\Windows\Repair on my system. I suppose that can be used to replace the damaged ntuser.dat file which appears in your personal Docs & Settings.

I think I would backup the profile contents...in case using the new file results in a wipeout.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180233/xp-profile-not-working-as-admin/
Relevancy 54.61%

Yesterday I changed the name of my main (and only) profile. Today I tried logging on with the new name and I can't get in. I can login using my old username but I am no longer an admin, can't access any of my folders, and cannot change anything in the user profiles without admin user/pass. I can't login as admin because I never turned the option on either. I've tried logging on as admin, administrator and default but I can't get any of them to work. Anything I can do?

A:Admin Profile Problems

Yes, System Restore to before you made the change.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/103543-admin-profile-problems.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have three profiles on my Win7 PC; myself (Administrator), my Wife, and the Kids; both of which are Limited.

Every once in a while one of them needs to ask me to install a program or sometimes I log in to their account to clean up their desktop of shortcuts they dont need.

My question is when I just log in normally I can't just right click on the icons and delete since it says I need admin privvies. Well I am an admin. Why isn't there a dialog box or some way to work within the "Limited" User Account but with elevated admin privledges?

Same goes for installing programs.

As of now I have to log into MY account and temporarily change their user statuses to Administrator, log into their accounts, take care of buisness, log out and back into my account, then remove the Admin rights.

This is just annoying...

A:How to log in as Admin on a profile set to Limited

Quote: Originally Posted by 211

I have three profiles on my Win7 PC; myself (Administrator), my Wife, and the Kids; both of which are Limited.

Every once in a while one of them needs to ask me to install a program or sometimes I log in to their account to clean up their desktop of shortcuts they dont need.

My question is when I just log in normally I can't just right click on the icons and delete since it says I need admin privvies. Well I am an admin. Why isn't there a dialog box or some way to work within the "Limited" User Account but with elevated admin privledges?

Same goes for installing programs.

As of now I have to log into MY account and temporarily change their user statuses to Administrator, log into their accounts, take care of buisness, log out and back into my account, then remove the Admin rights.

This is just annoying...

When you logon to the " limited " account, the system does not know it is the " almighy " admin logging on ( joking ).
All it knows is a user with limited privileges and valid password has logged on.
Therefore, when the " user " wants to do something that is beyond the privilege restriction, the system will ask for admin permission. Hence the dialog box.

That is how it is supposed to work.
All you have to do is either enter your admin password, or click Continue. Then you can proceed to do what you want to do in that limited account.
You don't need to change their accounts to admin in order to do waht you want to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/169612-how-log-admin-profile-set-limited.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Dear all admin Deleted profile I would really appreciate some help with a problem caused by utter stupidity on my part My parents just bought a new Dell laptop with Windows Vista bit and because they are getting on a bit I'd offered to set it up to their liking At Deleted admin profile one point they commented on having to log on every time on start up so I set about changing this To change it to an automatic login I went to the start menu search and typed quot netplwiz quot getting me to the User Account Control There I proceeded in my hurry to make them happy rather than check the automatic login to delete the only login on the computer I then happily rebooted it not realising my mistake until it restarted and asked for a password and then notifying me that no passwords had been found but that I still needed one The situation now is thus - The login page recognises the username but not the correspondent password - It recognises no other users - It requires a password to log in - No password recovery disk was made prior to my brainless actions Is there anything that I can do to solve this I cannot imagine it was that easy to delete the only admin account on the computer by mistake and shutting oneself out complete and irrevokeably Any and all help would be greatly appreciated Kind regards Paaskonijn

A:Deleted admin profile

Do a system restore to a point before you deleted the account.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/235004-deleted-admin-profile.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Help! I was setting up a new Windows NT 4.0 SP5 machine and in my hast have accidentally removed the administrator profile. We are using AutoLogin in the registry and now I can't edit the registry to take AutoLogin off.
Is there a way for me to edit the registry in DOS? Is there any software I can download? All I need to do is remove the autologin and then be able to login as the administrator. I would rather not have to reload the machine from scratch. If I attrib the winnt directory and copy system.dat and user.dat, can I edit on another machine? Please help ASAP if you can..

Thanks,
Shawn Haley
Systems Analyst
Royal Doulton USA

A:Lost Admin Profile - NEED HELP

if the machine is on the network you can use regedt32 to connect to the registry remotely and then remove the autologin.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-admin-profile-need-help.44594/
Relevancy 54.18%

W- with SP Have User accounts one missing for Admin Logon as quot pat Admin quot the other as quot alex Admin Password protected quot Whether booting Restart Switch User Log off the quot alex Administrator Password Protected quot does not appear anywhere except in quot User Accounts Manage another account quot from the CP It boots directly to quot pat quot Switch User quot just opens back to quot pat quot same with Log off PC had been infected with mucho Adware and was cleaned with this problem resulting System Restore had no affect it rebooted to quot pat quot with no User option Safe Mode has no affect quot alex quot in quot Manage Accounts quot quot Make changes to alex's account quot has the options available quot netplwiz quot quot Users quot has quot alez quot and quot pat quot quot pat quot is accessable to add a password quot alex quot is not Logon missing for Admin clickable I can access all of Alex core folders in quot C Users alex quot Help appreciated Pete

A:Logon missing for Admin

In netplwiz / Users, is Alex still an admin? If not, can you click on Alex or click Properties and go to Group Membership and make him so? Then reboot.

Otherwise, I would assume corruption of the account, and would rescue data, delete the account and make a new one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/363932-logon-missing-admin.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Microsoft finally got me to answer a new window that popped up asking for a Lockout?? W2K-Admin Logon Admin Password Well what can say I had a weak moment and put my favorite password into the blank box For about years this PC has been working relatively trouble free Now this Idiot pc will not let me logon no matter what form of password I put into the box This is the Admin Logon window I am almost at the point of reformating the hard drive however I thought of another angle to attack this W2K-Admin Logon Lockout?? problem Of course I never created an ERD while the Win K was running fne So I m left to other creative approaches Fortunately this pc is equipped with a changeable hard drive drawer and I have Win and Win XP installed on two other hard drives Questions Can I format the hard drive of the Win XP drive and reinstall Win to generate a brand new ERD Then I can finally plug this floppy in to salvage my problem hard drive with Win Q is all this worth the trouble Will the ERD actually help me reclaim the pc and allow me to reset Admin password Or do I really need to give up and reformat the problem hard disk with Win Fortunately I have been able to copy files off this problem drive through the use of a USB adpater onto another pc HELP nbsp

A:W2K-Admin Logon Lockout??

tomwalop,

I sent you a private message to a link that might help you out. Good Luck,

TK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w2k-admin-logon-lockout.397110/
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm having problem running a new program on my computer when i'm logged in as admin. But i can run it on other log on's
and i can run this program on my laptop (windows xp pro). I can also run this same program on win 2000 and win me computers that my friends have.

Has anyone had the same prob I would love to hear from you

Thanks

AnnaG

windows xp pro
intel celeron mmx 300 mhz
128mb ram

A:Program won't run on admin logon

You could have a look at the Admin's Username within Windows Explorer by right clicking the UserName in question's folder and choosing Sharing and Security/Security then check all your settings in Permissions at the bottom. Or try removing/adding that particular account again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-wont-run-on-admin-logon.105276/
Relevancy 54.18%

In a 2003 server domain. I want only the admin to be able to logon to a certain box. How would I do this? I am looking on the web for any answers feel free to let me know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-admin-logon-only.413639/
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently did a clean install of Vista Ultimate.
When I ran setup it asked for a name and choose a picture. Every start-up since then brought me directly to my desktop.

I installed Office Ultimate a few days ago and now when I start up it consistently takes me to the welcome screen and forces me to choose "Administrator" or the name I typed during install. I have UAC disabled, but I'm not sure that has an impact here as it booted fine before.

Outside of system restore, is there a way to regain my 'normal' start-up again?

A:Admin logon questions...

Originally Posted by da180

I recently did a clean install of Vista Ultimate.
When I ran setup it asked for a name and choose a picture. Every start-up since then brought me directly to my desktop.

I installed Office Ultimate a few days ago and now when I start up it consistently takes me to the welcome screen and forces me to choose "Administrator" or the name I typed during install. I have UAC disabled, but I'm not sure that has an impact here as it booted fine before.

Outside of system restore, is there a way to regain my 'normal' start-up again?

this tutorial may help u.
Good luck

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/220960-admin-logon-questions.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have been tasked with rejuvenating a pc with win 200 sp4 installed. The unit was given as a gift from a company that was upgrading hardware. The problem is of course The pc boots, win 2000 starts but the dreaded login window appears( administrator). The supplier does not know what the admin password may have been. (small company with frequent staff changes). Any hope to reclaim this or am I destined for a new OS install?

Relevancy 54.18%

When I am logged in as admin or logged into my sons user account I can access the internet. When I am logged into my husbands user profile I cannot access the internet. It was working before. I am slightly computer stupid so please talk easy to me! :)

A:Internet on admin & 1 user profile but not on other user profile

It tells me "The proxy server is refusing connections" ????????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-on-admin-and-1-user-profile-but-not-on-other-user-profile-446646.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a dell laptop with windows 7 home premium and I got this error message.

I only have one login. Icannot log into safe mode because it is not an option when I use the F8 key.

I got to a command prompt by shutting down midstream, getting to system recovery options and picking command prompt. I used regedit to get to the profilelist key but the only items are s-1-5-18, s-1-5-19, and s-1-5-20. Thre is no key with the longer number to use the fix suggested in the registry editor.

I am not sure if I am in the built in administrator mode.

Any ideas?

A:User Profile service failed the logon

The first thing I would try is go back to the Windows recovery enviroment and try a system restore to a point before all this started.

If you are running the command prompt from the Windows recovery environment, you are essentially running it as the (system) administrator. If the user profile is missing from the registry, then that profile has somehow been deleted. You can try creating a user account from the command line and log in with it:

net user "Username" password   -- Spell out the new username and put it in quotes. Create a password  immediately after the username.
net localgroup administrators "Username" -- This will give the new user account admin rights.

Try rebooting and logging in with the new account.

Or you can try logging in as the built in administrator. From the Windows RE command prompt, enter

net user administrator /active:yes

then reboot and try to log in as the administrator.

If you can recover or recreate your user profile as the admin, go back to the command prompt and enter

net user administrator /active:no

then log back in as the user.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567120/user-profile-service-failed-the-logon/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone!

So I've been trying to fix this problem for a few days now and have had no luck.

I am trying create a new local user on my laptop. Once I do, when I try to log in to it, I get the error "The User Profile Service Failed the Logon."

I've tried Microsoft's suggestion to fix this (Article ID: 947215) with no luck.
And I've tried another experts suggestion too, with no luck... He said I should change the RefCount Hex to 0.

Another thing I noticed is that the account I am trying to create, does not show up in RegEdit under the profile list in any ProfileImagePath.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I am more than happy to post any screenshots you may need to see to help me with this issue.

Thank you guys!

A:The User Profile Service Failed the Logon

Windows hasn't had a chance to create the user profile in your users directory. On another user account, try running a program has another user and input the credentials of the user you created, I've had this error before and that fixed it.

Good luck!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/257310-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am running a Windows Vista desktop computer. I have had it for a couple of years now. It has always been running with just the one administrator account, no other account.
A few days ago I tried to create a new user account. I went onto control panel, add user account, and created a new limited user account.
I then logged of my administrator and tried to logon to the new account. I clicked on the account and it came up with a message saying 'the user profile service failed the logon. User profile can not be loaded.'
I logged back on to administrator, deleted the account and tried again, to the same result.
Then I looked in C: Users. The only account listed was my administrator.
Why is this not working?!?!?

A:User Profile Service Failed The Logon

You can create a new user account this way:
Click start, in the search bar type in: netplwiz then press enter, the advance accounts control panel should open

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-453889.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Vista community, I've had a problem for quite a long time with an administrator account on my computer. There are 2 accounts on the computer, one administrator and one standard. I have looked at the other threads that had the same message "The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." but my situation is quite different. There is no SID key in the registry. Also, when I use the net user command in the command prompt, the administrator is not listed. I am unable to unistall items with the Programs/Feature application in the Control Panel or change the privilege of any account with the User Accounts application. This has been here for a while and I can't fix it with the system restore. Please help.
Thanks.

A:User Profile Service Failed Logon?

Hello VistaS, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You might see if the options in the yellow TIP box at the top of the tutorial below may be able to help fix this error for you.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/282483-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi:
I have just upgrdaed from windows 7 home to professional. I changed the computer name and rebooted, then I put the computer on the domain, and reboted.
I can login as the donamename\administrator
I can login as: computername\backup admin account
I can login as computername\username

but when i try to login as: domainname\username

i get the follwoinf error:
The user profile service failed the logon

I have tried to look in the registery and there are no .BAK profiles.
I delted all profiles.
I am not sure why I cn log in to the domain as the administrator but not as the user.

please help!

A:The user profile service failed the logon

Have you had a look at this? - User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/199743-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello

I tried to log in to my laptop tonight and got the message "user service profile failed the logon". It's an Acer laptop and I am administrator.

I've tried restarting but to no avail.

I'm currently trying to create a new profile in safe mode so I can copy the settings (Microsoft help). I get as far as the User Accounts page but when I click on "manage another account" nothing happens and there is no password prompt box. In the top right corner it says my name, administrator, password protected.

There is no other account on the laptop.

If you have any ideas about how to get past this I'd be really grateful.

Thank you.

JR

A:user service profile failed the logon

You can try and enable the built-in "Administrator" account and see if by using that account, you can do what you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/507-built-administrator-account-enable-disable.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-service-profile-failed-the-logon.1110001/
Relevancy 54.18%

When I try to log on to my laptop, it says:

'The User Profile Service failed the logon.
User Profile cannot be loaded.'

This happened about a week ago and I can't log back on!

Just before I logged off before the problem started I had clicked cancel on my updates. Has this affected anything?

I don't know how to sort this out. Do I need to take it to a shop to be fixed? Or can I resolve the problem myself?

Also, I don't have any other accounts on my laptop, not even a guest account.

Any help would be appreciated

A:user profile service failed the logon???!!!! help.

This should help with your problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/206425-user-profile-service-failed-logon-help.html