Windows Support Forum

Windows installer keeps popping up.

Q: Windows installer keeps popping up.

Can any body help me?This windows installer window keeps popping up.
I went thru and was removing programs that I have not been using and
now this window keeps comming up.Bugging the heck out of us.
I went in and restored to a earlier time like to two days before I removed
the unused programs but that did not help.
Any tips?
Thanks Doug

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows installer keeps popping up.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows installer keeps popping up.

Can you give us a screen shot plz?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-116191.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have year-old HP with XP SP Windows installer dialoge box keeps popping up but does not remain It won t cancel and or stop in Task Manager On ocassion it is like a strobe light The this activity is keeping the CPU at maximum whenever any thing is being used Some programs won t work --Retore will not go back to earlier date some links will up popping keeps Windows installer not work etc Windows installer keeps popping up I have run AVG a host of anti malware programs Malewarebyte s Antimalware Currently I have completed the running BleepingComputer programs to produce logs DDS ran but indicated that it could not run in DOS Mode and report was in machine language I am not sure I have done all this correctly as I could not Windows installer keeps popping up attach the files so I had to copy them GMER - http www gmer net Rootkit scan - - Windows Service Pack Running j ph f Windows installer keeps popping up gmer log - - exe Driver C DOCUME HP Owner LOCALS Temp pxldipob sys ---- System - GMER ---- SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwAssignProcessToJobObject xF B FE SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwCreateFile xF B SSDT Lbd sys Boot Driver Lavasoft AB ZwCreateKey xF C E SSDT C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Trusteer Rapport store exts RapportCerberus RapportCerberus sys RapportCerberus Trusteer Ltd ZwCreateThread xF CF SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwDeleteFile xF B AF SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwDeleteKey xF B C C SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwDeleteValueKey xF B C E SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwLoadKey xF B C SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwOpenFile xF B A A SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwOpenProcess xF B SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwOpenThread xF B A SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwProtectVirtualMemory xF B C SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwQueryValueKey xF B C SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwRenameKey xF B C E SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwReplaceKey xF B C SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwRestoreKey xF B C SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwSetContextThread xF B F A SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwSetInformationFile xF B B SSDT C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Trusteer Rapport store exts RapportCerberus RapportCerberus sys RapportCerberus Trusteer Ltd ZwSetValueKey xF CF E SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwSuspendThread xF B F SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwTerminateProcess xF B E A SSDT C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportPG sys RapportPG Trusteer Ltd ZwTerminateThread xF B EC ---- Kernel code sections - GMER ---- text ntkrnlpa exe ZwCallbackReturn EBC Bytes E C B F text ntkrnlpa exe ZwCallbackReturn A EC Bytes B F C DOCUME HP Owner LOCALS Temp pxldipod sys The system cannot find the file specified ---- User code sections - GMER ---- text C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe ntdll dll KiUserApcDispatcher C E Bytes JMP C C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe RapportMgmtService Trusteer Ltd text C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe kernel dll LoadLibraryExW C AF Bytes JMP B text C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe USER dll... Read more

A:Windows installer keeps popping up

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logRegards,Georgi

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364251/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 66.65%

Windows installer keeps trying to install something but doesn't say what- it pops up on anything you do

Itis my mother's machine- These are steps I have already done

1. Ran anti virus -clean report
2. Removed spy ware/mal ware
3 uninstalled twice xp service pack 3 and reinstalled no change
4. Cleaned registry- no luck
5. I installed cleanup utility but will not run it until told which program
6. Tried installing new update to installer with no luck- machine gives message newer file on machine and stops installation
7. Found a damaged file on her system- removed no luck
7. Winvr on her system shows on attachment
8. Uninstalled and reinstalled xp service pack 3 for second time after I first- sent info from her system- no luck

A:windows installer keeps popping up

Hello rogers901, Welcome to TSF!

Please try this workaround (you will need your Windows? XP SP2 CD).

(In the event that you do not have a Windows? XP CD with SP2, you will need to 'borrow' one from a friend or colleague, as the manufacturer's "Recovery Discs" will not work in this instance.)

Insert the Windows? XP CD in your drive. (Hold down the Shift Key to prevent it from starting.)

Go Start > Run ...in the box type in sfc /scannow ?please take note of the space between the sfc and the /.

This is the System File Checker...it will scan all the Windows? core system files to ensure that they are in their respective correct places, and if not replace them from the CD.

During the scan you may be asked to Insert the CD, if this happens just go retry and let it do its thing.

One important point: While sfc is running, it is not advisable to do any other work, or have any browsers/programs running on the computer, until the scan is complete. (This process will generally take around 45-65 minutes to complete).

Once finished, remove the CD and reboot your machine...all should be "Normal" (hopefully).

Please post back with the result, or if there are any further queries/concerns.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-253335.html
Relevancy 66.65%

XP Media edition SP My Window Installer box keeps popping up -- not for too long but long enough to be worrisome -- usually when I open desktop folders or when I launch Internet Explorer As with most people for whom this problem happens I suspect it s searching for a program that I Keeps Installer Popping Up! Windows apparently uninstalled Windows Installer Keeps Popping Up! incompletely at some point I have tried everything -- removing specific keys in the registry manually running the Windows Install Cleanup utility tho I confess I get nervous about removing some programs with that b c I worry they ll no longer be available to me resetting the program through the cmd command installing a new version of msiexec exe etc etc I regularly check my event viewer and these are the three Windows Installer Keeps Popping Up! most recurring MsiInstaller Windows Installer Keeps Popping Up! events I see INFORMATION The description for Event ID in Source MsiInstaller cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer You may be able to use the AUXSOURCE flag to retrieve this description see Help and Support for details The following information is part of the event BC CCE-A EC- A A- B -D E D F NULL NULL NULL ERROR The description for Event ID in Source MsiInstaller cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer You may be able to use the AUXSOURCE flag to retrieve this description see Help and Support for details The following information is part of the event PackageName HKLM Software Classes Installer Products ECC CB CE AA A B D E D F SourceList NULL NULL WARNING The description for Event ID in Source MsiInstaller cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer You may be able to use the AUXSOURCE flag to retrieve this description see Help and Support for details The following information is part of the event BC CCE-A EC- A A- B -D E D F DefaultFeature EBF C- - C-A - E DF FEC NULL NULL I ll attach my HijackThis file here in the hope that someone can help me with this It s gotten truly annoying Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide nbsp

A:Windows Installer Keeps Popping Up!

Im not qualified to help you with the hijack file but i will say this much when something is removed in a registry it can cause all sorts of problems like corrupted or damaged programs or rendering a computer completely useless. thats why we dont advise anyone to use registry cleaners or mess with the registry unless you truly are knowledgable to know what you are doing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up.1012334/
Relevancy 66.65%

Whenever I launch any Office 2007 product, a message pops up saying "preparing to install...". I have tried reinstalling Microsoft Office and nothing helps. Please advise.

Use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to delete the program that it is trying to installYou may have to reinstall Office after doing soNote: Use at your own risk as Microsoft no longer supports this utility

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369655/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 66.65%

I m having several problems with my computer Windows installer box opens when ever I open a program from keeps popping Windows Installer up box my desktop I can t access any of my program from the start Windows Installer box keeps popping up menu I tried running msconfig - received message quot windows cannot find msconfig quot Logfile Windows Installer box keeps popping up of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR WatchDog exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files McAfee MBK MBackMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C PROGRA McAfee MPS mps exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files McAfee MPS Windows Installer box keeps popping up mpsevh exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR Service exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR GUI Exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Documents and Settings All Users Documents hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www comcast net toolbar search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - Toolbar Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - HKLM Run MBkLogOnHook C Program Files McAfee MBK LogOnHook exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Startup HotSync Manager LNK C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button AOL Toolbar - AF D- E - bda- -B C B - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe... Read more

Relevancy 66.65%

After installing beta version of MS Office 2007, Windows Installer pops up when I click on any new site, even e-mail, and remains visible for 60 - 90 seconds. Used Reg Cure, Reg Cleaner, Anti-Spy, Anti-virus, etc. and nothing has helped. I can browse and use the pc as before, but have to wait for Windows Installer to disappear before I can do anything. Sixty seconds multiplied by 30 or 100 clicks - or whatever - equals a lot of time wasted by waiting.....Many thanks for any help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56988/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 66.65%

Well every time I open any aplication windows installer keeps showing up and sometimes I m not able to run certain programs This is my hijack s log I hope someone can give me a hand I already tried to disable windows installer through gpedit msc but wasn t able to fix it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot popping keeps up.. installer Windows mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows installer keeps popping up.. Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system mmc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Administrator Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise scriptsn dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO FlashGet GetFlash Class - F E- EF- C- - BA DBA - C Program Files FlashGet getflash dll O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - Startup Recorte de pantalla e Inicio r pido de OneNote lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Download All with FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item amp Download with FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc link htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xportar a Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Enviar a OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - no file O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Enviar a OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - no file O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - no file O - Extra button FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C Program Files FlashGet FlashGet exe O - Extra Tools menuitem FlashGet - D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - C Program Files FlashGet FlashGet exe O - Service AMD External Events Utility - AMD - C Windows system atiesrxx exe O - Service McAfee Engine Service McAfeeEngineService - McAfee Inc - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise EngineServer exe O - Service Servicio d... Read more

A:Windows installer keeps popping up..

I fixed it with Windows Installer Clean Up, it was that stupid office enterprise, it filled my computer with garbage ¬¬

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up.925447/
Relevancy 66.65%

After installing a repair installation of WIN XP HE because my laptop kept rebooting itself, Windows Installer now pops up when I click on any new site, document, e-mail, etc. and remains visible for 60 - 90 seconds. I can browse and use the laptop as before, but have to wait for Windows Installer to disappear before I can do anything.

How do I get rid of this? Do I have maybe have a virus?

I have used Norton AV Corporate Ed., UniBlue SpyEraser, and Registry Booster.

Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

A:Windows Installer Keeps Popping Up in WIN XP HE

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...04011838AA4ljsSI further suggest that you stop using Registry Booster on your system.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270246/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-in-win-xp-he/
Relevancy 66.65%

ok ive used spybot -ad-aware and hjt this-after i used hjt in safe mode i restarted computer and check disk came up and scanned computer-when done computer loaded normally but when i click on any thing my docs-my pics-my computer etc- then windows installer pops up to install microsoft money and i dont have that disk in!!!please help driving me crazy-oh ya i have windows xp home edition

A:windows installer keep popping up

Go here and download The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301
Run the tool and have it remove microsoft money and then try to re-install it.(That is if you want microsoft money installed on your computer)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-keep-popping-up.271781/
Relevancy 66.65%

Right clicking on anything on the desktop or in my computer, windows installer usually pops up, this started after i had a virus attack on my server, i have ran trend micro, microsoft security scanner, rkill(when my task manger & regedit was disabled).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/windows-installer-popping-up-690156.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi..
I installed Nero 7 Ultra Edition Months ago but this never happened before:
Everytime I open my laptop, Windows Installer will show up and says Installing Nero 7 Ultra Edition and then it will ask for permission then it will fail. And then from time to time, it will pop again. It so annoying.

This happened since I cleaned my registry.
Any idea what's wrong and what should I do? THANKS!

(OS: Vista Home Premium [I know this site is mostly for Windows 7, but still know you can help], I used both PC Tools Registry Mechanic and Advance System Care Ultimate when I clean my registry.)

A:Windows Installer Keeps Popping

If you know this site then you should also know that we strongly advise against using any so-called registry cleaners or optimizers - except for CCleaner - as these will ruin your install.

Nero is also known as buggy crapware for years.

If I were you I would revert a System Restore point before the OS was likely ruined by the registry junkware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308258-windows-installer-keeps-popping.html
Relevancy 66.65%

a windows installer window keeps popping up. Most of the time it pops up with my AVG Free is opened, but sometimes it just starts to attempt to install something on my computer. I never know what it is, it doesn't give me any kind of prompts, it just pops up and start to try to still something on my computer, so I always press "Cancel" and it stops, but I am wondering what this is, I would like to find the source, so this doesn't happen again. I have ran AVG Free is there were no infections and I ran Spy-Bot S&D nothing shows up, but please assist me with this, I just want to make sure I am not looking over something. My hijackthis log is attached.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up.931986/
Relevancy 66.65%

Here's the log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon Installer Windows popping keeps up exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system NWTRAY EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT Windows Installer keeps popping up EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files QuickTime Windows Installer keeps popping up qttask exe C PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C Program Files Dell AccessDirect dadapp exe C WINDOWS system atiptaxx exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox jre bin javaw exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Microsoft Works MSWorks exe C My Downloads HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system HPBPRO EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www med dal ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c windows googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c windows googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NWTRAY NWTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run DadApp C Program Files Dell AccessDirect dadapp exe O - HKLM Run AtiPTA atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run SMART Mirror Driver Monitor Service quot C Documents and Settings GRasmussen Application Data Bridgit monitorservice exe quot O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program ... Read more

A:Windows Installer keeps popping up

It appears as though you have a few active threads. It's wise to announce that each log is for a different computer, or you may be passed over, as some may think you've double posted.

http://www.techsupportforum.com//sec...o-returns.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com//sec...-netscape.html

Do you work in a corporate environment, or are you a tech, or just the family and friends go-to guy?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-79687.html
Relevancy 66.65%

i tried to uninstall Microsoft Money but now i keep getting the windows installer trying to reinstall or a message to put in the money cd which i do not have.how do i get rid of this pesty situation?

A:windows installer keeps popping up!

Try this.
Select Start/Run and type in msconfig and press enter.
Check the startup-options. Somewhere in there you are likely to find the install or setup for that prog. Disable it by marking the appropriate line, save it and exit.
On your next (re)boot it should be gone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up.387993/
Relevancy 66.65%

XP Media edition SP My Window Keeps Windows Installer Popping Up! Installer box keeps popping up -- not for too long but long enough to be worrisome -- usually when I open desktop folders or when I launch Internet Explorer As with most people for whom this problem happens I suspect it s searching for a program that I apparently uninstalled incompletely at some point I have tried everything -- removing specific keys in the registry manually running Windows Installer Keeps Popping Up! the Windows Installer Keeps Popping Up! Windows Install Cleanup utility tho I confess I get nervous about removing some programs with that b c I worry they ll no longer be available to me resetting the program through the cmd command installing a new version of msiexec exe etc etc I regularly Windows Installer Keeps Popping Up! check my event viewer and these are the three most recurring MsiInstaller events I see INFORMATION The description for Event ID in Source MsiInstaller cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer You may be able to use the AUXSOURCE flag to retrieve this description see Help and Support for details The following information is part of the event BC CCE-A EC- A A- B -D E D F NULL NULL NULL ERROR The description for Event ID in Source MsiInstaller cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer You may be able to use the AUXSOURCE flag to retrieve this description see Help and Support for details The following information is part of the event PackageName HKLM Software Classes Installer Products ECC CB CE AA A B D E D F S ourceList NULL NULL WARNING The description for Event ID in Source MsiInstaller cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer You may be able to use the AUXSOURCE flag to retrieve this description see Help and Support for details The following information is part of the event BC CCE-A EC- A A- B -D E D F DefaultFeature EBF C- - C-A - E DF FEC NULL NULL I ll attach my HijackThis file here in the hope that someone can help me with this It s gotten truly annoying Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide Removed log as they are not analyzed in this forum and thus far it doesn t appear to be a malware related issue OB

A:Windows Installer Keeps Popping Up!

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_programs/windows-installer-box-keeps-popping-up/03a732f3-df67-4d04-8b2b-fc1d29edfb2b]

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414370/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 66.65%

After i installer office 2010, i kept on receiving this message Windows installer "Preparing to install". Then it says installing microsoft project 2003, even when i disabled it and stopped it in services, it still comes up! When i start it, it takes forever just to start Mozilla Firefox. It is very annoying, please help!

Uninstall Office 2010 and try installing it again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-566064.html
Relevancy 66.65%

latley a popup message of windows installer pops up during start up and evey time I right click

any ideas?

Relevancy 66.65%

Every time I go to My Computer, Windows Installer keeps trying to find MS Money 2003 to install, which I DO NOT have. I have to hit cancel 4 or 5 times.

How can I stop it.

A:Windows Installer keeps popping up

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up.679221/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi this is a slightly long story but one day my IE decided to stop working and wouldn't load any web pages up popping --PLEASE 'Windows HELP! keeps Installer' I ran my anti-virus software Spypot S amp D Ad-aware etc and it found nothing SO I just started using Firefox and I un-installed IE Then I reinstalled it and it works BUT then after doing that my anti-virus software jacked up I have the Symantec AntiVirus program and NOW every time I turn on the computer and it loads windows the 'Windows Installer' pops up and then says it can't configure Symantec because it's missing some file I have to Alt-Ctrl-Del and end program to get rid of this box everytime I press 'Windows Installer' keeps popping up --PLEASE HELP! cancel it just keeps trying Anyway even after 'Windows Installer' keeps popping up --PLEASE HELP! I close that out the Windows Installer box keeps popping up every five minutes annoyingly Now I'm unable to install any other program because when I try it says quot another installation is already in progress quot This is also the case when I tried to uninstall the antivirus program Any help would be GREATLY GREATLY appreciated Thanks in advance

A:'Windows Installer' keeps popping up --PLEASE HELP!

We need to remove the offending AV program. Use this program to remove the AV program. Be careful using the utility. Only remove the offending program. After you remove the program restart and re-install the AV software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-please-help-223974.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Every time I right click on any file/folder windows installer pops up saying "Preparing to install..." then the normal right click menu follows after. This is extremely annoying/frustrating and I've read several sites with possible causes although non pertain to my specific issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows installer keeps popping up...

I had the same problem after resetting my operating system to an earlier saved version. Here is how I fixed it. I went to:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n#Instructions

and downloaded the Windows Installer fix for my operating system (I have Windows XP) and it fixed it right away.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-302727.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi everyone I've got a problem on my computer the Windows Installer Windows Installer popping up! will sometimes randomly pop up it usually happens online and when I go into programs like BitComet or online things I think Also when I go into a Installer for a program that uses Window Installer Adaware Spybot have showed up nothing virus scans haven't either I can't get rid of it Here's my HiJackThis log ---------------------------------Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Windows Installer popping up! Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC Windows system HpSrvUI exeC WINDOWS system usb exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXEC Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LogiTray exeC Program Files DSE ADSL CnxDslTb exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I S EXEC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup ccApp exeC Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LowLight exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http xtramsn co nz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http au hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO YSIGet Browser Helper Object - B E- EA- - EFE- D E D E - C Program Files YSIGet YSIGet dllO - BHO bho gr Class - FF D- A - A-A EF- BA A E - C Program Files GetRight xx gr dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Software SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - c Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dllO - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLLO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run hp Silent Service C Windows system HpSrvUI exeO - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run AutoTBar C hp bin autotbar exeO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run USB C WINDOWS system usb exeO - HKLM Run LVCOMS C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXEO - HKLM Run LogitechGalleryRepair C Program Files Logitech ImageStudio ISStart exeO - HKLM Run LogitechImageStudioTray C Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LogiTray exeO - HKLM Run CnxDslTaskBar C Program Files DSE ADSL CnxDslTb exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run Microsoft Update Agent muamgr exeO - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe ConsumerO - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus C Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I S EXE P quot EPSON Stylus C Series quot O quot LPT quot M quot Stylus C quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -uO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeO - HKLM RunServices... Read more

A:Windows Installer popping up!

Close all your running programs, run Hijackthis and place a check next to the following.O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Update Agent] muamgr.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -uO4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft Update Agent] muamgr.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Update Agent] muamgr.exeO4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [Microsoft Update Agent] muamgr.exeO6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel presentO16 - DPF: ActiveGS.cab - http://www.virtualapple.com/activegs.cabO16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (FilePlanet Download Control Class) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/FPDC_1_0_0_44.cabO16 - DPF: {70BA88C8-DAE8-4CE9-92BB-979C4A75F53B} (GSDACtl Class) - http://launch.gamespyarcade.com/software/launch/alaunch.cabclose all your internet browsers and click fix in Hijackthis.Locate the following file and delete itFile:muamgr.exe <--search for itReboot and post a fresh Hijackthis log in your thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/27245/windows-installer-popping-up/
Relevancy 66.22%

I am having trouble with this little window popping up.
It says windows installer.
I hit cancel and it comes right back and I hit cancel like two more times and then it lets me do a couple things and then it pops up again.
Our computer was getting slower and slower so I figured I would go thru the remove programs and clean some of the stuff out that we do not ever use.
I am thinking I must of removed something I should'nt have.
Any one have any tips on repairing the windows installer problem.

Thanks for any help.Doug

A:Windows installer window keeps popping up.

in the run box type
sfc /scannow
and press enter
also check for infections
http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=15968

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-window-keeps-popping-up-115467.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Tried the Installer Cleanup Utility. Pretty much tried everything that people recommended, but still not working. Windows Installer box says "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. . .enter another path to a folder containing the installation package then it will pop up again saying hen Installed all my windows updates, restarted my computer about 5 times to no avail. Running Windows Vista, not sure if that helps.  Please help, it's driving me nuts!! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/windows-installer-screen-keeps-popping-up/td-p/5596815
Relevancy 66.22%

I've had some problems with my XP SP2 system lately. I uninstalled some programs in order to solve some issues. Now, when the pc boots up, I get a windows installer dialog popping up, saying "preparing to install"...it eventually just goes away. I have no idea what it is trying to install as it never gets that far. No other problems seem to exist.....any ideas out there?

Thanks in advance...

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi guys, I'm having this issue with Windows Standalone Installer. It keeps on popping out and I've to keep clicking yes but after clicking yes nothing else happens. After few minutes Windows Standalone Installer will pops out again. Any help from you guys will be appreciated. :)

A:Windows Standalone Installer Popping out

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Did you install or try to install any new programs lately?

Does the installer give any clues as to what it is trying to install?

Did you try to revert to a system restore point prior to this issue?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-standalone-installer-popping-out-936050.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Every time I login to my account, windows installer pops up and then this error pops up.
Is there a way I can prevent this from popping up? It started happening last reboot.

I've already tried system restoring. The last thing I did was uninstall a few programs. I googled this problem and it turns out it has something to do with my HP printer. I ended the HP task and the installer was gone too.

A:Windows installer keeps popping up at startup

Hello again,

I'm glad you got it sorted!

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/158008-windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-startup.html
Relevancy 66.22%

On a windows xp system, the windows installer dialog box "preparing to install" keeps occuring for no reason. It is annoying and slowing everything down. It sometimes goes away when I left click, sometimes not. What can I do?

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I keep getting a windows installer popup window whenever I open ANY program. It says that “The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-Rom or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the disk and click OK. There is nothing listed in “Use Source”. I can’t tie it to anything I have done recently.

I have Windows XP SP2

Can anyone help?

Thank you,

Gail

A:Windows Installer Window Keeps Popping Up

Hi grandmagail

Do you have Microsoft Office installed?

If so, insert the Office disk and direct the Windows Installer to the disk, for the source.
If it is not the source, you should see a message to that effect.

Let us know what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-window-keeps-popping-up.756824/
Relevancy 65.36%

I need help, everytime I open a folder, with video files, the Windows Installer pops up for a split second, but it does it for each Video file, so if it's a folder with 10 videos, then the windows installer will pop up 10 times, its quite annoying and slows down the system at times

I have tried reinstalling the Windows Installer, and Unregistering, and Re-registering, also tried the Windows Installer cleanup utility, and I also turned off, thumbnail previews, that worked, but the installer, still pops up when I execute a Video File, I've Upgraded to SP3, and then back to SP2, I ran SFC, tried reinstalling Video codecs as well, and nothing really seems to work.

I really don't feel like reinstalling Windows, so any help would be great!

Thank you all in Advance!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-for-video-files-285665.html
Relevancy 65.36%

This is really annoying I haven t used access in a while but I have office and have have to use Access for one popping 2007. in Windows keeps Access Installer up of my classes Now when I first started it up it said it needed to configure MS Office Ultimate before usage which is weird because I ve used it before but whatever It started up It works fine except for when I try to view a table in datasheet form The windows installer won t leave me alone trying to configure Office Professional what I have alongside Ultimate I have to beat it down with a stick hitting cancel until it stops long enough for me to try to access another table where it starts up again If I let it go on it ll say sku e hasn t been found I got Office Ultimate through one of those for college student deals way back which might be why it can t seem to find the files it needs on the CDs I used to install it Maybe it needs a specific directory I don t know I do know this is aggravating I m sorry if this is a newbie question but I really need help with this I can get my work done but dealing with this hassle will triple the time I m on Windows XP w Service Pack nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Hey everyone,

Recently I've bought a Sony Vaio and I have uinstalled two aplications that I would never use, they are Sound Forge Audio Studio 10.0 and ACID Music Studio 8.0 and since then I'm having problems with my notebook. It is a Windows 7 64 bits.

The problem is that a Windows Installer window keeps popping up and it suddenly exit without me even knowing what it is doing or installing.

It is driving me crazy, since I did not make a backup so I could go back to an older date and fix it.

I have already ran CCleaner and Front Line Registry Editor and it didn't fix it.

Could anyone PLEASE help me.

A:Sony Vaio - Windows Installer popping up Bug

Hi SaulMageste, Try this System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/223509-sony-vaio-windows-installer-popping-up-bug.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all hope you can help me with this annoying problem Today I installed MS Office Enterprise Isorecorder VirtualCloneDrive and WinISO After doing all that whenever I start up the PC Installer Solved: Windows popping startup at up the Windows Installer box pops up and says that it s quot Preparing to install quot every time I have no idea what s causing it and it s driving me crazy Here s my HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system WgaTray exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C PROGRA Grisoft Solved: Windows Installer popping up at startup AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files dvd dvd tray exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CamTray exe C WINDOWS system ircomm k exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Kontiki KService exe C Program Files LClock lclock exe C Program Files VisualTaskTips VisualTaskTips exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files Opera Opera exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe D setup exe C DOCUME Steven LOCALS Temp ose exe C Steven s Folder Other Stuff Software amp Cracks HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system MsiExec exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com b http uk docs yahoo com info bt side html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www live com wa wsignin R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com b http uk docs yahoo com info bt side html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults su http uk search yahoo com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC quot C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe... Read more

A:Solved: Windows Installer popping up at startup

this is bugging me too, what was the solution...as the title says SOLVED.....?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-installer-popping-up-at-startup.539942/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,

I was on the computer and then all of a sudden windows installer was trying to install the sonic cineplayer decoder pack. The weird thing is, I didn't even open anything sonic related. I keep pressing cancel when it pops up. It does this about every minute. Is that the sign of a virus? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

A:Windows Installer keeps popping up (see post) Need help ASAP!

It appears to be related to Roxio Easy Media Creator CD/DVD burner software, so it's not a virus. If you don't want to let it install, see if this old thread helps: http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/535553-solved-sonic-cineplayer-problem.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-see-post-need-help-asap.667134/
Relevancy 65.36%

I m at my wits end - Ever since I tried to use Clip Art in MS Word XP this morning and it told me the feature was not installed I ve been getting one Windows Installer popup dialog after another always trying to run Office XP Installer I tried uninstalling Office XP and now my laptop thinks I m not the Administrator I m the only account on the laptop I am the Owner Administrator This is nuts and I can t figure out what s happening Please look at Windows Installer popping ARGH!!! Solved: - up keeps my HJT log and tell me if you have any suggestions There s a whole lot of crap in there and I could use help sorting it out Running Inspiron GHz Gig RAM Windows Vista Home Premium Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Roxio Easy Media Creator Drag to Disc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd Solved: Windows Installer keeps popping up - ARGH!!! exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Solved: Windows Installer keeps popping up - ARGH!!! Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Dell Support Center gs agent dsc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Users Jayne Desktop HiJackThis v exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFil... Read more

A:Solved: Windows Installer keeps popping up - ARGH!!!

I should also mention that I tried using System Restore also, but after it "appeared" it would work, Vista finally told me that there was an error and no changes were made to my system. So, can't use System Restore. When I try to uninstall any program Vista shows message "The System Administrator has set policies to prevent this installation." I'M THE ADMINISTRATOR!!!! Aaaaagggggghhhh!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-argh.654854/
Relevancy 64.07%

I use Sony Vaio.. the problem is that a Vaio Analysis manager / Windows Installer window keeps popping up and it suddenly exit without me even knowing what it is doing or installing.

A:Vaio Analysis manager / Windows Installer window keeps popping up

Hello zolboo and a warm welcome to the Forum
I found this on the Sony website. If you follow the instructions it should solve your problem

Quote:
This is the Vaio Personalisation Manager which keeps track of your favorite music, programs etc. As far as I can work out it is designed to make personalised recommendations of music or other things you may be interested in when using Vaio Media Gallery. Rather like Amazon's Personal Recommendations.
If you don't want this service then just disable it. Go to VAIO Analysis Manager and you will find an option something like ' Preference Learning' - just uncheck it and reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251459-vaio-analysis-manager-windows-installer-window-keeps-popping-up.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have been having this problem for a week, everytime I open Windows Media Player Windows Installer pops up and I don't know why it is doing this for, I have not made any recent changes to my computer recently or to Windows Media Player

A:windows installer popping up as Windows Media Player opens

Does the installer say anything on it to indicate what it is doing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/329725-windows-installer-popping-up-windows-media-player-opens.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey all - I'm having a problem on this old work computer: Windows Installer is constantly popping up and disappearing! At times it's every 3-4 seconds and stealing the focus, and the popups almost immediately disappear. It seems to mostly pop up during work from within Microsoft Office and less so during work in Google Chrome but I'm not positive about that.

The popups previously attempted to install Roxio Media Manager. They would pop up randomly and try to install for 10 seconds or so then freeze, and cancelling the installation took another 2-3 minutes. However, I've since tried a registry clean using iolo's suite of tools (no noticeable improvements) and I've tried removing all of Roxio's installation packages using the Windows Installer Repair Utility - which brings me to where I am now. It would be great if someone could help!

A:Windows Installer repeatedly popping up and disappearing? Hijack This output included

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-repeatedly-popping-up-and-disappearing-hijack-this-output-included.1061755/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi everyone My OS is XP home edition And my computer knowledge is fairly basic There s two things that are concerning me and any advice or help on either or both would be greatly appreciated The first thing is I keep getting a Installer Service up slow plus upgrade, after popping XP boot. Pack Windows Windows Installer box popping up which says preparing to Windows Installer popping up after XP Service Pack upgrade, plus slow boot. install when I check my Hotmail emails This problem began after I had a windows update which turned out to be an upgrade to Service Pack last week As soon as I ve clicked cancel on the Windows Installer box I get an alert from ZoneAlarm saying Windows Messenger is requesting to access the internet The first time it happened I just let the installer do what it was trying to as I thought the service pack upgrade had made changes to some settings But then it happened again Windows Installer popping up after XP Service Pack upgrade, plus slow boot. as soon as I opened the next email I only open emails from people who I know Windows Installer popping up after XP Service Pack upgrade, plus slow boot. like my close friends or family by the way So I m presuming there s a problem somewhere Just to note though it only happens when I open an email in Hotmail or if I try to sign into MSN Messenger It hasn t happened anywhere else After trying to look it up on google and searching through a couple of posts on here I m still not sure what could be causing this and how to stop it I ve scanned the whole system with AVG and it s all clear Could it be a problem in the registry or in the update I done Although I have checked my Windows update history and it says the Service Pack update was successful The second thnig is my computer usually takes about five or more minutes to boot up This isn t a recent thing I have to admit But I ve never really been all that concerned about it until I was reading some posts on here I ve looked in my Start Up menu in MSConfig and there is quite a few things in there that I m not sure of But I have been a bit worried to disable the things I m not sure of because as I ve said earlier my computing knowledge is fairly basic and I d be worried I m stopping something that is needed I know this might sound silly apologies Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Windows Installer popping up after XP Service Pack upgrade, plus slow boot.

This should solve your first problem.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-popping-up-after-xp-service-pack-upgrade-plus-slow-boot.746246/
Relevancy 63.21%

Okay first off I am really going to try to explain popping up,creating INSTALLER install/uninstall keeps problems-WORKnHARdHELP! WINDOWS the best WINDOWS INSTALLER keeps popping up,creating install/uninstall problems-WORKnHARdHELP! I can WINDOWS INSTALLER keeps popping up,creating install/uninstall problems-WORKnHARdHELP! without dragging it out I can t lose you out there You re my only hope The problem that has been resolved partially I am fixing to describe what has been going on atleast yrs I have a Sony Vaio bit windows laptop Pretty WINDOWS INSTALLER keeps popping up,creating install/uninstall problems-WORKnHARdHELP! much as soon as I purchased it I started installing software specifically Microsoft Works Suit which was way too old and not at all compatible soon after the Windows installer box pops up saying preparing to install or asking me to put in removable media atleast - times a day plus I cant install or unistall ANYTHING- HUGE PAIN I actually got to the bottom of that today with YOUR help I uninstalled Microsoft Works Suite its dang Add-In and some Digital Image Pro So all this stuff is gone there is NO traces anywhere not in the registry no where I CHECKED I restarted the pc and unfortunately The Windows Installer dialog box flicks on the screen or times so quickly I can t make out what its saying so I re-boot installer box still pops up it s real quick and does it or times As far as whether the installing and uninstalling is back to normal I tried to uninstall programs let me the other did NOT Are there any updates or should I uninstall and reinstall Idk what to do but I have been trying to fix this for so long that I cannot quit until it is fixed Anyone that could help please you would be helping me greatly and I would very much appreciate it THANKS Also when I do try to uninstall something and it fails it always displays this Windows Installer message the window installer server cannot be accessed This can occur if the Window Installer is not correctly installed SIDE THOUGHT I got to thinking trying the fix the installer I went in to the command prompt and typed something by direction of someone which was suppose to be telling me how to fix it it didn t fix it I just hope something like that wouldn t cause something like this to be the problem This is the cmd prompts that were entered i tried sfc scannow and it said that some of the files were corrupt and couldn t be fixed try this it might work Click on quot Start quot and then click on quot Run quot Type quot cmd quot or quot command quot in the box and click on quot OK quot Type each of these commands and press quot Enter quot after every one cd windir system ren msi dll msi old ren msiexec exe msiexec old ren msihnd dll msihnd old exit Type quot exit quot at the command prompt to close the Command utility Restart your computer Log on and open your nbsp

A:WINDOWS INSTALLER keeps popping up,creating install/uninstall problems-WORKnHARdHELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-creating-install-uninstall-problems-worknhardhelp.1098760/
Relevancy 63.21%

The Security Center Forum refered me to the XP Forum after clearing a infection.

During the infection and/or clearing process, I now receive 3-4 Windows Installer windows with virtualy every program I invoke.
These Windows Installer windows are up for only for a few seconds. No progam name inside the box just Windows Installer on blue title bar and inside it says "Installing..."

Happens with virtually every program start but most notable with IE7 and Outlook. Never noticed it poping up with Outlook Express.

All Microsoft updates installed.
All security sotwae up to date.

Reagrds,
FIGGEPOP

A:[SOLVED] Constant Windows Installer windows popping up

I've seen this problem in other programs like PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office suite components. The last time it got really bad, I had to uninstall the programs that were invoking the Installer and reinstall them, so that all the .dll files and .ini files were in the right place again.
I'm sure someone else has a better suggestion...
-Andy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-constant-windows-installer-windows-popping-up-165806.html
Relevancy 59.77%

microsoft-support/...xp.../165806-solved-constant-windows-installer-windows-popping-up

A:windows-installer-windows-popping-up

Welcome to TSF

You really need to give us way more information than the garbage you posted.
EXACT Error message(s)
Your computer specifications (ex. OS/CPU/RAM...etc)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/windows-installer-windows-popping-up-306375.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello all, posted this in the hijack forum my system is clean of any malware, viri, trojans and or spyware. For some reason just the other day when i open a Office app, i.e word, excel or whatever I windows installer pops open with it. This is the first time I have had this problem, running XP Pro, SP2 i see at m$ that version 3.0 is already incorporated into SP2, so don't know really what it going on. Is the .exe possibly corrupted? thanks

DOC

A:Win Installer keeps popping up XP SP2

bump.

CUBE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-installer-keeps-popping-up-xp-sp2.337664/
Relevancy 57.62%

I tried uninstalling Norton internet Security because it was creating all sorts of issues. I'm still wrestling with it but now windows installer keeps popping up with virtually everything I do. The setup window pops up and says "MSI must be launched through setup". When I click ok it pops back up 4-5 more times before giving up. I'm not real computer savy. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? Thanks

Dave

A:installer keeps popping up

Forgot to mention I'm running XP Pro on a Dell 2.4 P4. Thanks

dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installer-keeps-popping-up.322391/
Relevancy 57.19%

One of the CA security center components keeps installing when I log on. This prevents me from uninstalling anything or installing anything new. Because it keeps installing (or is just installing), I can't even try to uninstall it because well, it's installing!

Help, please! Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ca-installer-popping-up-constantly-after-every-log-on.819909/
Relevancy 57.19%

Greetings.Now I am having problem everytime that I start up my PC, this Lineage II installation keeps on popping out everytime I start my PC. It was tolerable before I have to cancel it everytime but I'm getting annoyed by it.So I check on the start-up on msconfig but notice nothing on it. I run the windows task manager and found these one running and eventually disappear when I cancel the installation pop-up. The process arePnkbstrA.exePnkbstrB.exeIts located on windows/system32I would like to ask some technical people about these one. Are these files safe to delete? I have run a combofix.exe for now... some advised me to use this one on our forum.Thanks in advance.

A:Game installer keeps on popping out

Hello ayeika and welcome to BC I am shifting this topic from the HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum as you haven't posted any logs.Who advised you to run Combofix? ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert." It is NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.There are not a few posts I've seen in which someone used it and their computer became an expensive doorstop. You're lucky that yours hasn't.That said, what is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?What security programs do you have installed?Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/192074/game-installer-keeps-on-popping-out/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a question but installer vb6 up popping opening when vb.net first I would like to complain I have been developing with visual basic for over years now For the past few years I have been using VB Recently I purchased and installed Visual Basic NET This is a drastic departure from their previous programming environments and syntax It seams to me that Microsoft now thinks that all development should be web based and has brought forth NET for that purpose I happen to know that there are thousands of engineers out there that use vb for developing engineering solutions HMI s Utilities Controllers protocol converters etc and could give a sh t if they ever run on the web Thank you for indulging me Now my question vb.net installer popping up when opening vb6 my install of NET went without any problems but recently whenever I open VB I get the NET installer popping up stating that it needs to install some components This is before I attempt to open an application that could be using a NET component If I hit the cancel button - times I can proceed In vb.net installer popping up when opening vb6 an effort to satisfy this pig of a development environment I succumbed and inserted the requested NET CD only to wait for a half hour while the installer initially appeared to be doing something then appeared to just stop So I clicked Cancel the - obligitory times and proceeded to develop in the best development environment ever abandoned VB Any insight would be appreciated Coltsfan nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vb-net-installer-popping-up-when-opening-vb6.235723/
Relevancy 56.33%

So everytime my aunt starts up Aol(I know i tell her not to use aol but she just cant get rid of it, lol) a box pops up saying "Windows needs your permission to continue, if you started this action, cotinue" When i press continue it ask if i want to install this software "Adobe flash player" which is already installed and working correctly, even if i press yes, it will install then next time we start aol it will do the same thing. Does not happen anywhere else(I.E. or firefox) just in aol. I tried a couple things like registry cleaners, malwarebytes and hijackthis so far with no luck. Any way to fix this? Also tried uninstalling flash and reinstalling manually with no luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/391169/internet-explorer-add-on-installer-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 56.33%

Howdy.

I've run into a bit of a problem with a friend's computer. Every time I try to bring up AVG 2011 (free), or bring up Internet Explorer that I know uses an AVG add in, a pop-up box keeps coming up that's trying to install. The box won't do anything...just sits there. I've traced it back to AVG and this happens every time I open up an instance of AVG. The process (task manager) can be traced back to "avgui.exe"

I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but with no success. I'm away from the computer, so I can't run a Hijack report.

Any suggestions?

Robert

A:avgui.exe (AVG 2011) installer keeps popping up

Did you run the AVG Remover?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avgui-exe-avg-2011-installer-keeps-popping-up.990783/
Relevancy 56.33%

I guess I'm missing something ovbvious here but it sure feels weird - every time I boot the pc the Sun Java runtime environment installer keeps popping up! Yup, I already have it installed in my system.. There is nothing in Autostart that does this, as far as I can see. Have used StarOffice but uninstalled it, no difference!

Any ideas about how to get rid of the thing?!

Thanks
/Niilo

A:Java runtime installer keeps popping up!

Did you just recently install JRE? If so, which version?
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/10450/java-runtime-installer-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 56.33%

Help About months ago I installed office pro Everything went fine then the other day the installer popped up and asked for the cd to install powerpoint Powerpoint was already installed so I Office keeps Installer popping up 2003 clicked cancel and my powerpoint opened fine The next time it did it it was for Office 2003 Installer keeps popping up the MS Project This time I put the cd in and let it do its thing Then tonight I turn it on and wham as Office 2003 Installer keeps popping up soon as it boots into xp the installer pops up again wanting the cd for project Mind you at this point I had not clicked on anything I put in the cd the little progress Office 2003 Installer keeps popping up bar moved then it was done That was all What I want to know is what the devil is going on When it does this I can click cancel and open whichever program it says it needs to install and it works fine When installed everything was set to run from my computer Any suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2003-installer-keeps-popping-up.220595/
Relevancy 49.02%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Tue Internet Explorer Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp newsletters fool com index aspx source imysltlnk uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn windows pro IE alert porn security alert system with keeps hijacked up popping sites; keeps popping up; antivirus yt dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO StumbleUpon Launcher b f -a b- b -bbac- ebebbb - c program files stumbleupon StumbleUponIEBar dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla DLASHX W DLL BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c progra mcafee viruss scriptsn dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper IE hijacked with porn sites; antivirus system pro alert keeps popping up; windows security alert keeps popping up aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch A FB BD dll BHO HP Credential Manager for ProtectTools df f db- c - d - -b d ec - c program files hpq iam bin ItIeAddIN dll BHO SingleInstance Class fdad da - a - fd - c - f ac - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll TB StumbleUpon Toolbar eb c- e - ab- -b ba bdc - c program files stumbleupon StumbleUponIEBar dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll TB C E A- F - E-B E- B - No File uRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe uRun Messenger Yahoo quot c program files yahoo messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun LowRiskFileTypes c windows sysguard exe mRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices core smax pnp exe mRun SoundMAX c program files analog devices soundmax Smax exe tray mRun AccelerometerSysTrayApplet c windows system AccelerometerSt exe mRun SunJavaUpdateSched c program files java jre bin jusched exe mRun PTHOSTTR c program files hpq hp protecttools security manager PTHOSTTR EXE Start mRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exe mRun DLA c windows system dla DLACTRLW EXE mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun hpWirelessAssistant c program files hpq hp wireless assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe mRun CognizanceTS rundll exe c progra hpq iam bin AsTsVcc dll RegisterModule mRun QlbCtrl ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start mRun Cpqset c program files hpq default settings cpqset exe mRun Recguard c windows sminst Recguard exe mRun Reminder c windows creator Remind XP exe mRun Scheduler c windows sminst Scheduler exe mRun ATICCC quot c program files ati technologies ati ace cli exe quot runtime -Delay mRun WatchDog c program files intervideo dvd check DVDCheck exe mRun HP SchedIndexer c program files hewlett-packard laserjet xx hppschedindexer exe mRun HP AutoIndexer c program files hewlett-packard laserjet xx hppautoin... Read more

A:IE hijacked with porn sites; antivirus system pro alert keeps popping up; windows security alert keeps popping up

Hello pdmuhalk,Sorry about the delay. If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.Please do this:1. Download HijackThis? here:http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/th.../hijackthis.php2. Click 'Do a System Scan and Save log'.The HJT log will open in notepad.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239721/ie-hijacked-with-porn-sites;-antivirus-system-pro-alert-keeps-popping-up;-windows-security-alert-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I'm David,
I'm new in the forum. As the title says, I have some problem  installing the icloud control panel in windows. At the end of the installation, the installer says that it has not the administrator privilegies to write in C:\ProgramData\microsoft\windos\Startmenu\programs\icloud.
I tried to used (in this sequence):
1- Malwarebytes anti malware
2-adwcleaner
3-JRT
4-OTL
In the following i'm posting the log of the programs (Hijackthis file included)
Can you help me in find what it is the problem?

Regards

P.S.
I opened everything as administrator not always the anti malware program even the icloud setup.

A:Icloud installer - windows installer does not have the administrator privilegies

I run Window Repair all in one too putting the MSI (windows installer) repair, but unfortunatly nothing changed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535544/icloud-installer-windows-installer-does-not-have-the-administrator-privilegies/
Relevancy 47.3%

every time me or my wife logs into our accounts on windows we receive a pop up for windows installer and sonic decoder. they cannot be canceled unless I open the task manager and manually stop them I cant think of any changes I have made to msconfig or my registry that would cause this. I checked the event viewer log to see if there was any additional info but none was available. Any suggestions anyone?

My system also seems to be running very sluggishly way slower than normal, I ran a spyware scan Vundo fix and I am currently running a complete antivirus scan just to be safe even though I dont feel that this is malware/virus related.

A:windows installer/sonic decoder installer

so an update to this one....my computer is acting all sorts of weird now and programs are showing up that I deleted long ago....also when I view the audit in event viewer it shows a very large amount of registry errors. I am not familiar with the process to repair a corrupted registry . Is there anyone that could lend me some suggestions or guide me on the right path?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-sonic-decoder-installer.719904/
Relevancy 47.3%

I know I have windows installer installed, as Flashplayer and adobe installed it. Is it harmful, my brother is raising a lot of heck about it. I read the other old forum logs for windows installer and it does not see to be a problem. He also said that he has a program from windows called Trusted Installer. Checked back forum logs, nothing on trusted installer. I ran a search of my computer with no results. He said it stopped him from downloading SAS. He did a clean install and now it downloads and he cannot find no trusted installer on it. Is there such a thing as a trusted installer? Its only supposed to be in vista as he says. Curious about it as I cannot find nothing on my computer for trusted installer, windows installer yes, other NO.

A:Solved: windows installer/trusted installer?

http://www.trustedinstaller.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-installer-trusted-installer.913410/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all. I really need your help. I've tried to open a downloaded file - TinyWallInstaller.msi - , but without success. I've learned that Windows blocks opening this and many other file extension types because it rates them as "high risk" or "invalid" with the pop-up : " Publisher Could Not Be Verified". I also came across a simple tutorial that does unblock this, but it doesn't apply to Vista Home Prem. - my O.S. So, that said, I'm looking for a good workaround that will enable me to unblock and open this neat firewall program. My experience is somewhat limited - would hope to avoid command prompt and registry editing if possible. However, at this point I'm willing to try just about anything! Please help!!!

A:MSI Installer Pkg. blocked by Windows Installer

Hi.

Have you tried going into control panel and disabling the windows firewall?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297752-msi-installer-pkg-blocked-windows-installer.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

I am facing a problem in which search results window keeps popping up and stealing focus from the other active windows which makes work impossible.
When working with Internet explorer, the find (ctrl+f thing) keeps coming up again stealing the focus.

I have vista home premium 32 bit as my operating system.

How should I proceed to fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/search-keeps-popping-up-through-explorer-exe-and-find-keeps-popping-up-in-ie-7.599998/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey guys I've recently encountered a problem which i've never experienced nor heard of Whenever I start up my laptop Windows Vista Home Premium SP it starts popping up 'Windows Explorer has stopped working' after about a little over - seconds it closes and another pop up follows 'Windows Explorer is restarting ' then not responding and it continues in a loop repeated motion A Vista help center comes up and tells me that this error is caused by a program by the name of 'PowerCinema by Phoenix Technologies' With this i'm unable explorer Vista has working..' ... continously popping 'Windows up stopped Windows to even start up my Start Menu - thus unable to start up Command Prompt to try out some commands which might fix the problems - which was recommended by the Vista Help Center - Built into Vista OS's Anyone got any solutions I'm currently unable to use that computer as it doesn't allow me to run even Command Prompt with that continuous popping up It seems like some kind of virus but i'm Windows Vista continously popping up 'Windows explorer has stopped working..' ... not too sure I've reformatted it to days before when my computer was still running perfectly fine on the surface at least to no avail Thanks in advance

A:Windows Vista continously popping up 'Windows explorer has stopped working..' ...

BUMP. Anyone help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-continously-popping-up-windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-295025.html
Relevancy 39.99%

No matter what I am doing, about every few seconds, my Windows bar pops up. It's like I'm pressing the Windows key except no start menu appears. When I'm browsing the internet for example, It makes me stop writing or scrolling. Did this happen to someone before and has a solution? It's VERY annoying and makes the computer unable to work.

Any help is appreciated and sorry for mistakes it's very hard to write like this

A:My Windows bar keeps popping up

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542770/my-windows-bar-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 39.99%

After trying many programs to try and remove whatevers causing this im still getting the same problem I mainly use firefox now but still internet explorer keeps popping up new windows with adds and blank pages Iv'e tried spybot adaware and nortan but still can't get rid of this infectionHeres my HijackThis Log Deckard's System Scanner v Run by rac on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Installed Windows Internet Explorer - - UTC - RP - Installed Windows IDNMitigationAPIs - - UTC Ie Popping Keeps Windows Up... - RP - Installed Windows NLSDownlevelMapping - - UTC - RP - Installed Windows Installer Clean Up-- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - Ie Windows Keeps Popping Up... RP - System CheckpointBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Percentage of Memory in Use more than Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis run as rac exe -------------------------------------------------Logfile Ie Windows Keeps Popping Up... of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Grisoft Ie Windows Keeps Popping Up... AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEC PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEC Program Files Common Files Stardock SDMCP exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files Webroot Desktop Firewall wdfsvc exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster WLService exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster WMP GSv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SSScsiSV exeC Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exeC WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC windows system rwwnw d exeC Program Files Webroot Desktop Firewall WDF exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exeC Program Files CursorXP CursorXP exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC RECYCLER NPROTECT exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXEC Documents and Settings rac Desktop dss exeC PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK rac exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go ... Read more

A:Ie Windows Keeps Popping Up...

Hi, welcome to BC. Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions or copy them to a Notepad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.Please download SDFix by AndyManchesta and save it to your desktop.When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%(this is the drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix). DO NOT use it just yet.Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Open the SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.Type Y to begin the cleanup process.It will remove any Trojan Services or Registry Entries found then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.Press any Key and it will restart the PC.When the PC restarts, the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt.Copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt in your next reply along with a new HijackThis log.-- If this error message is displayed when running SDFix: "The command prompt has been disabled by your administrator. Press any key to continue..."Please go to Start Menu > Run > and copy/paste the following line:%systemdrive%\SDFix\apps\swreg IMPORT %systemdrive%\SDFix\apps\Enable_Command_Prompt.regPress Ok and then run SDFix again.-- If the Command Prompt window flashes on then off again on XP or Win 2000, please go to Start Menu > Run > and copy/paste the following line:%systemdrive%\SDFix\apps\FixPath.exe /QReboot and then run SDFix again.-- If SDFix still does not run, check the %comspec% variable. Right-click My Computer > click Properties > Advanced > Environment Variables and check that the ComSpec variable points to cmd.exe.%SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154281/ie-windows-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 39.99%

for the longest time I keep getting this box popping up at all different times,
I will be doing something on the internet and all of a sudden a little box pops up
it is
http://ads.clicksor.com/serving/links.php and keeps going with some other stuff in the address. I have adware, spyblaster, spybot, ie-spyad, scriptdefender, windows defender, McAfee but nothing stops it. I can't find it in the HJT Log

can anyone help?
I tried searching for it and it comes up, I deleted it but it always comes back. Just an annoyance

Relevancy 39.99%

Hello I need some help there are some unknown site keep popping up by IE I went to '' add i drop '' to see if there is any program that I downloaded it but I couldn't figure out I tried online scan by TREND MICRO it said I got C WINDOWS system walg exe and up! popping Help***windows Help*** keep they couldn't delete it can anyone please tell me how to get rid of the windows keep poping up thing I think it 's some Help***windows keep popping up! Help*** adware or something Thanks in Advance and here is my Hijackthis log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system oodag exe C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system walg exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Ares Ares exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Documents and Settings Administrator hijackthis exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO ALiBaBar Helper - CE C - A- A-A - D B D B - C PROGRA ALiBaBar ALiBaBar dll O - Toolbar ALiBaBar - A E - C - D - E - A FB - C PROGRA ALiBaBar ALiBaBar dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Extra context menu item gt - res C Program Files ALiBaBar ALiBaBar dll RT HTML ClipToTrad O - Extra context menu item gt - res C Program Files ALiBaBar ALiBaBar dll RT HTML ClipToSim O - Extra context menu item Microsoft Office Excel amp X - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item - res C Program Files ALiBaBar ALiBaBar dll RT HTML PageToSim O - Extra context menu item - res C Program Files ALiBaBar ALiBaBar dll RT HTML PageToTrad O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button - F - A - D - CA -AA ACF ED E - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security sciep... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-windows-keep-popping-up-help-222865.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Atleast once a day I will be checking my myspace homepage and I will go to exit and I will have about 11-13 myspace homepages just pop up out of nowhere!!!! I have ran my spyware/virus scan and found nothing! Do I have a virus???
If anybody can help please respond!!! Thank you

A:Ie Windows Just Popping Up!

Hello let's see if this scan picks something up. Are you using XP or another?Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Reagardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/160617/ie-windows-just-popping-up/
Relevancy 39.99%

ie explorer pops up many windows while online including some windows that i just searched in an engine on my regular browser firefox have xp pro believe it is with service pack Here is my log file appreciate any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v ie popping windows up keeps Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINDOWS winself exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C ie keeps popping up windows WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn msftesql exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS portsv exe C Program Files ImageIt ItRun ie keeps popping up windows EXE ie keeps popping up windows C WINDOWS system XWatDog exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgscanx exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize yco search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize yco www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http att yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize yco www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system vbpdtvdp exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO testCPV - B - - A -AD -CBF A EFAF - C Program Files Spcron Spc dll file missing O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - ADD- B - F - D B- CF EF - C WINDOWS system awtsPIba dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - AEE FA - DA - C A- B E-FBB B C - C WINDOWS system nnnlKEvv dll file missing O - BHO no name - DB BC - A- -AE - A E EB - C WINDOWS system ykwve dll file missing O - HKLM Run WinIt C Program Files ImageIt ItRun EXE O - HKLM Run RegServer regserve exe O - HKLM Run XGIWatchDog XWatDog exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Host Process C WINDOWS Fonts svchost exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run db ca rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system mbqcwhhx dll quot b O - HKLM RunOnce Spybot - Search amp Destroy quot C Program Files Spybot - Se... Read more

A:ie keeps popping up windows

previously posted as a ie popup problem, but reading, and saw that i had same problem as Old 06-03-2008, 02:36 PM #1 (permalink)
kebofranklin

have a problem with Adware/Spyware - It is taken over my desktop and changed background to read - Warning Sypware detected on your computer - Install and antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer. i have done avg, spybot, and adware, and have finally gotten rid of the desktop screen, however, i still have ie windows popping up, only when i browse though with firefox(only use). and, the windows that pop up, will be windows for stuff that i did a search for in google on my firefox browser, so someone is definitely tracking my stuff. i read his quota, and have limewire(apologies), have used responsibly for years, and took a risk last week, and it definitely did me in, i just don't know how it hit me, and mainly how to get rid of this virus/infection/spyware problem. here is my log again:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:33:45 PM, on 6/8/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe
C:\WINDOWS\winself.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\MSSQL\Binn\msftesql.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\portsv.exe
C:\Program Files\ImageIt\ItRun.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\XWatDog.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe
C:\Program Files\VIA\RAID\raid_tool.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MI3AA1~1\rapimgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/yco...search/ie.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/yco.../www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://att.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/yco.../www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\vbpdtvdp.exe,
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: HP Print Enhancer - {0347C33E-8762-4905-BF09-768834316C61} - C:\Program Files\HP\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_printenhancer.dll
O2 - BHO: HP Print Clips - {053F9267-DC04-4294-A72C-58F732D338C0} - C:\Program Files\HP\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_framework.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\Ac... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie-keeps-popping-up-windows-257593.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi there Thanks in advance for your help I m back with problems This time with a window that pops up everytime we try to access any website That window shows some results popping Windows up of a search that I did not start and there is one more saying that my PC may be infected with dangerous Windows popping up SpyWare and AdWare Following is the Hijackthis log Please help us Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System drivers CDAC BA EXE C WINDOWS System DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXE C Archivos de programa Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Archivos de programa Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Archivos de programa Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C ARCHIV NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe D Flexlm SolidWorks SolidNetWork License Manager lmgrd exe C ARCHIV NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe D Flexlm SolidWorks SolidNetWork License Manager SW D EXE C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Archivos de programa MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Archivos de programa Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C Archivos de programa QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS System PCsync exe C WINDOWS System hotkeysvc exe C WINDOWS System cthelper exe C WINDOWS WINFRW EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Archivos de programa MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox MMDiag exe C Archivos de programa Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Archivos de programa MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mim exe C Archivos de programa Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Archivos de programa InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Archivos de programa Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exe C Archivos de programa WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Sonic Shared cinetray exe C Archivos de programa Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe d Documents and Settings Federico Mis documentos FSC Downloads HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mail yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults stp ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults stp ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su ymsgr http www yahoo com O - BHO BHObj Class - - F D- C- E - A C E C - C WINDOWS nem dll O - BHO no name - BE- D - CEB-ADD -E A D - C Archivos de programa CxtPls cxtpls dll O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C ARCHIV Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Archivos de programa Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no na... Read more

A:Windows popping up

Download Spybot http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

Click on "Search For updates" when prompted.
Click on "Immunize" when prompted.
Scan, click on fix problems.

Reboot if requested by the program.
Download AdAware SE Personal: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

Install the program and launch it.

On the bottom right-hand corner of the main window click on Check for updates now then click Connect and download the latest reference files.

In the main window: Click Start and under Select a scan Mode tick Perform full system scan.

Deselect Search for negligible risk entries.

To start the scan, click the Next button.

When the scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it. (Right-click the window and choose select all from the drop down menu and then click Next)

Restart in safe mode

Open Windows Explorer. Go to Tools, Folder Options and click on the View tab. Make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked. Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files". Now click "Apply to all folders" Click "Apply" then "OK".

Navigate to the C:\Windows\Temp folder. Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.

Next navigate to the C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator (Repeat for all user names)\Local Settings\Temp folder. Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.

Reboot and post another log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-popping-up.338648/
Relevancy 39.99%

I need urgent help with annoying windows appearing all the time even without being connected to the Internet Explorer I get all kinds of advertisement and some porn webpages as well I already run Ad-Aware and SpyBot but the problem persists I am attaching the log from Hijackthis Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system up help need Popping I windows, winlogon exe C Popping up windows, I need help WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass Popping up windows, I need help exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System drivers CDAC BA EXE C WINDOWS System DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXE C Archivos de programa Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Archivos de programa Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Archivos de programa Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C ARCHIV NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C flexlm SolidWorks SolidNetWork License Manager lmgrd exe C Archivos de programa Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS System helper exe C ARCHIV NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Archivos de programa MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C flexlm SolidWorks SolidNetWork License Manager SW D EXE C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Archivos de programa Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Archivos de programa QuickTime qttask exe C ARCHIV MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Archivos de programa Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Archivos de programa MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mim exe C Archivos de programa Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Archivos de programa InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Archivos de programa Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exe C Archivos de programa WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Sonic Shared cinetray exe C Archivos de programa Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe d Documents and Settings Federico Mis documentos FSC Downloads HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mail yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su ymsgr http www yahoo com O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C ARCHIV Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Archivos de programa Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Archivos de programa Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Archivos de programa Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C ARCHIV Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Archivos de programa Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run MMTray quot C Archivos de programa MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe quot O - HKLM Run MimBoot C ARCHIV MUSICM MUSICM mimboot exe O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Archivos de programa Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - ... Read more

Relevancy 39.99%

For a few weeks now ever since my brother borrowed my laptop for a while I ve been plagued by IE Windows opening spontaneously frequently to some site called Nexplore among a few other regulars I can t remember now I have a Dell Inspiron E with Windows XP Home and I browse the web with Firefox It comes and goes in waves every once in a while being cripplingly rapid then giving me a few hours with nothing I ve run Spybot S amp D Ad-Aware and A-Squared Free with no success yet all recognizing that there s a Trojan or two but not solving the problem Here s my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend IE Windows popping keep up... Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT IE Windows keep popping up... MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system IE Windows keep popping up... services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system IE Windows keep popping up... Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files a-squared Free a service exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files NinjaVideo NinjaVideo Helper NinjaVideo Helper exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files Creative VoiceCenter AndreaVC exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C DOCUME Will LOCALS Temp clclean C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Logitech Profiler lwemon exe C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exe C Documents and Settings Will Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccWarden exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files Google Web Accelerator googlewebaccclient exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BIN C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http localhost proxy pac O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS... Read more

Relevancy 39.99%

At random intervals a box labeled C DOCUME Kara K R ST exe is popping up on my screen with a little white cursor-type thing that jumps around on a black background Full disclosure I stupidly installed an illegal copy of Microsoft OneNote a few days ago have definitely learned my lesson and won't do it .exe up? popping windows again but am not sure how .exe windows popping up? to uninstall it without affecting the rest of my Office .exe windows popping up? suite I'm out of the country and have no access to my install boot discs right now While running gmer the computer shut down and rebooted Upon reboot there was a message saying that Windows had recovered from a serious error and another message saying that NVUK exe had encountered a problem and needed to close Not sure whether to run that again to get the ark txt file to attach Thank you for any help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Kara at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Outdated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system IPSSVC EXE C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exe C WINDOWS system acs exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exe C WINDOWS System TPHDEXLG exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrpservice exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrservice exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C PROGRA Lenovo NPDIRECT TPFNF SP exe C WINDOWS system tp serv exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPOSDSVC exe C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler scheduler proxy exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C PROGRA THINKV PrdCtr LPMGR exe C Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exe C Program Files Lenovo Client Security Solution cssauth exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe c Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery ADM IUService exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Logger logmon exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C PROGRA THINKV PrdCtr LPMLCHK exe C Program Files LENOVO Message Center Plus MCPLaunch exe c program files lenovo system update suservice exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkIcon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities SvcGuiHlpr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Documents and Settings Kara Deskt... Read more

A:.exe windows popping up?

Bump, please. If it makes a difference in the past 72 hours I've figured out how to get rid of the copy of OneNote, which I've done. And if it further makes a difference, I only installed it in the first place because I'd actually bought and paid for a licensed copy, which was backordered and then arrived after I'd left the country, so it was a just a stopgap (which I now realize was a terrible idea). There are no English-speaking techs that I know of in the part of the world, so if it's something really serious that's wrong with the machine I'm pretty stuck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/exe-windows-popping-up-425729.html
Relevancy 39.99%

For the last - days a large number - in a ten minute period of ads keep popping up In new windows Ad windows keep popping up even when I do not have an open Explorer window Brandarama com and others My Virus and Spyware scanners both up to Ad windows keep popping up date have swept and found nothing Help Hijackthis log follows Quote Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c Program Files Cox Applications App syssvcnt exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster WMP GSv exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system regscan exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe c Program Files Common Files Authentium AntiVirus dvpapi exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C Documents and Settings Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http slashdot org R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO AuthPopupBHO cBHO - C F -D - D -BA - EE EDAC - c Program Files Cox Applications App popupbho dll O - Toolbar Cox Popup Blocker - C A F - D - B- - C BCE - c Program Files Cox Applications App popupbho dll O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run ESP c Program Files Cox Applications app start exe O - HKLM Run runner C WINDOWS retadpu exe A B BBF B B E C C A E C A O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run Regscan C WINDOWS system regscan exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Startup PowerReg Scheduler V exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - DPF ChatSpace Full Java Client - http chat goarmy com Java cfs cab O - DPF B F DD - D C- B - - DA AE CNavigationManager Object - http www authentium com cssrelease bin wizard exe O - DPF B F-D BF- -B -FDC F F E B FilePlanet Download Control Class - http www fileplanet com fpdlmgr ca C cab O - Winlogon Notify WgaLogon - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WgaLogon dll O - Service Cox High Speed Internet Security Suite System Service AuthSysSvc - Authentium Inc - c Program Files Cox Applications Ap... Read more

A:Ad windows keep popping up

Welcome to TSF

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

This program is for XP and Windows 2000 onlySave it to your desktop

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.

Under Main choose: Select All

Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All

NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All

NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

Notes for Windows Vista users:

On Windows Vista that "Windows Temp" is disabled, to empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator"
Prefetch has been disabled on Windows Vista. As I'm not sure the effects that emptying prefetch on Windows Vista will have for the time being it I won't enable that function.

===================================

Download Combofix and save it to your desktop.
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop

Close any open browsers.

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you.

Post the ComboFix.txt and a fresh Hijackthis log in your next reply.

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ad-windows-keep-popping-up-180408.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey guys! I've had this problem going for some time now! Tried a ton of different things I've research and nothing has seemed to work.

My problem is that I get 8 Windows updates, that after I install and restart, are there again. I don't get any error messages or anything, and looks as if they install properly, but there they are once again after a reboot or sometimes even before a reboot.

These are the 8:

All are security updates for Framework 4 and here are the KB's

KB2604121
KB2656351
KB2729449
KB2736428
KB2737019
KB2742595
KB2789642
KB2600217

Thank you to anyone willing to try to sort this out with me!

A:Same 8 Windows updates keep popping up

Can you 'hide' them (right click on them}.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/285082-same-8-windows-updates-keep-popping-up.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I just started experiencing this problem the other day It all started when I unpacked a torrent I've followed alll this site's directions Please Windows Ie Non-stop Up Popping help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC Non-stop Ie Windows Popping Up WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Non-stop Ie Windows Popping Up Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Intel Non-stop Ie Windows Popping Up Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exeC Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXEC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC DOCUME Chris APPLIC STEM scanregw exeC Program Files QdrModule QdrModule exeC Program Files QdrPack QdrPack exeC Program Files Insider Insider exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files Last fm LastFMHelper exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Chris Desktop UT exeC Program Files Common Files S mantec d dplay exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Chris Desktop stinger exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywayR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS about htmR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Winamp Toolbar BHO - CEE EC- - bc- B - DDC AB C - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dllO - BHO no name - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO BndShell BHO Class - A - - aa-ADAC-B F A A D - C Program Files QdrDrive QdrDrive dllO - BHO no name - E ACFB - BAE- -DC C- E CE - C WINDOWS system becukl dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar Winamp Toolbar - EBF BA - - c a- B-BB F D DE - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run IntelMeM C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeO - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe rO - HKLM Run CTDVDDET quot C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE qu... Read more

A:Non-stop Ie Windows Popping Up

Hello conway1026, Let's run ComboFix. You should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert, not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. If you have used Combofix before, please delete the version you have and redownload it again, because Combofix is being updated everyday. Disconnect from the Internet while running ComboFix. Temporarily disable any anti-virus and anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause unpredictable results. Some scanners may see some combofix related components as suspicious and block or delete them while there's nothing wrong with them. 1. Download this file - combofix.exe to your Desktop. Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop 2. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts. 3. When finished, it shall produce a log for you, C:\ComboFix.txt. Post the ComboFix log and a fresh Hijackthis log in your next reply. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt - unless I ask you to. Do NOT run ComboFix more than once. Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall In case you see a sed.cfexe error with the option to send a report or not, choose "don't send".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/118586/non-stop-ie-windows-popping-up/
Relevancy 39.56%

xp home, sp2, qwest dsl, ie7

all of a sudden i keep getting the following errors pop up (over and over and over):

the application or dll c:\windows\system32\riched20.dll is not a valid windows image. please check this against your installation diskette

i ran chk dsk and it found some errors, i rebooted and now i get the following error:

the application or dll c:\windows\system32\rlls.dll is not a valid windows image. please check this against your installation diskette

I ran chk dsk again and it found nothing and the error keeps popping up.....and it seems to not let me get on the internet. Windows starts and runs fine, but i keep getting the errors while using.......any ideas or suggestions?

thanks.

A:Windows Xp Dll Errors Keep Popping Up?

You have malware there.

You should go to the HijackThis forum and post a log for the experts to fix.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

Read the Red sticky at the top first
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-dll-errors-keep-popping-up-216454.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I want to be able to use steam and hamachi properly but i can't get them to pop up on the screen.on steam i can right-click and open friends,....But the base window won't open up,it is there but i can't get it on the screen.
Please help.

A:Some windows not popping up on the screen.

Solved,i updated my pc

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/30950-some-windows-not-popping-up-screen.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I keep getting symantec popups saying quot Scanning Message of quot loads and loads of times and loads of popups saying quot Your message to email protected quot could not be sent In my C Drive sitting alone is an exe file with the name I deleted this already i downloaded Hijackthis and gave me this Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE everywere up popping windows Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared windows popping up everywere AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program windows popping up everywere Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C hp drivers windows popping up everywere hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system GSICON EXE C WINDOWS system dslagent exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems AutoDetector monitor exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exe C Program Files TimeLeft TimeLeft exe c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCMTR EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr T Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop amp parm seconduser R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr T Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop amp parm seconduser R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr T Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop amp parm seconduser R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr T Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop amp parm seconduser R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr T Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop amp parm seconduser R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr T Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop amp parm seconduser R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr T Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop amp parm seconduser R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie redirect hp com svs rdr T Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop amp parm seconduser O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B... Read more

A:windows popping up everywere

Download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ (W2K/XP Only)
· Install ewido.
· Run the application
· Clickon scanner
· then select the "Settings" tab.
· Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Delete".
· Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
· Un-Select "Only if threats were found"
· Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
· When the scan is finished, Set all items to delete
· Apply all actions
· look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.
· Save the report to your C: Drive
This will take some time to run!

RE-Boot
Post that log and a new HiJack log

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-popping-up-everywere.508172/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi everytime I click on a link or google anything search anything or go to a site it keep redirecting me to different random sites and then couple windows quot lightseek biz quot keeps popping up My Norton Antivirus doesn t detect anything spy sweeper doesn t help and malwarebytes anti-malware doesn t help either Please help me Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files keep windows lightseek.biz popping up Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C Program Files lightseek.biz windows keep popping up WebWatcherV atisvc exe lightseek.biz windows keep popping up C Program lightseek.biz windows keep popping up Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files WebWatcherV atisvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X HPZIPM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files WebWatcherV atisvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file R - URLSearchHook E A A CB-DCE - B - D - C DACF - - no file F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO HpWebHelper - AAAE A- FFF- - C F- D DCB - C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr Vendors CN Hewlett-Packard L Cupertino S Ca C US plugin webhelper dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Fi... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lightseek-biz-windows-keep-popping-up.876895/
Relevancy 39.56%

Please help me guys!

Im having a problem regarding popping ad windows. It seems my Avg scanner cannot detect the virus. And one more, I think a clicked a virus infected exe file.

please please help me...

Relevancy 39.56%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1017U @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3977 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1796 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 291704 MB, Free - 227924 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0X2H5X
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

When I click on any place to log in or just going to another web site I get multiple windows opening up how can I stop this from happening please. I have uninstalled Mozilla then installed it again hopping that was the problem but it wasn't I also get Internet Explorer doing the same thing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-windows-popping-up.1130330/
Relevancy 39.56%

When I open IE ads automatically open in new windows every few minutes Some of the ads that have opened were for Registry Defender Best Virus Protection Finally Fast PC Nexplore and Beyond the Dow Ran Adaware and removed a bunch of items the ran CCcleaner then ran Spybot and removed Virtumonde and a few other odd ones like that items in all However it's still happening Here's the DDS log I also ran an HJT log Few Every Windows IE Ad Up Popping Minutes I'll post that in the next message in case it's helpful Thanks I really appreciate the help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by chowell at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePerformance MemCheck exe C Acer LANScope Agent awServ exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Laserfiche Snapshot SnapshotService exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Acer Empowering Technology eLock LockServ exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Oracle Outlook Connector ocautoupds exe C Program Files IE Ad Windows Popping Up Every Few Minutes Retrospect retrorun exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRAgent exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files eCopy Desktop Bin eDP eD exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Acer Empowering Technology eLock Monitor LockMon exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox jre bin javaw exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C DOWNLOADS Any Wallpaper AnyWallpaper exe C Acer Empowering Technology Acer Empowering Framework Launcher exe C Program Files Acer WLAN g USB Dongle ZDWlan exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Java jre bin java exe C Documents and Settings chowell CHRISH-CB Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com uSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo IE Ad Windows Popping Up Every Few Minutes com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search yahoo com search p searchTerms amp ei utf- amp fr b ie BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Tunebite WebRipPlugin Class aa - b - e -b bc- d c a d - c program files rapidsolution tunebite plugins ie TB WebRipIePlugin dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO d a d -b d - a - f - ad - c windows system hotomoho d... Read more

A:IE Ad Windows Popping Up Every Few Minutes

Here's the HJT log.Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2Scan saved at 7:32:33 PM, on 5/14/2009Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16791)Boot mode: NormalRunning processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\Acer\Empowering Technology\ePerformance\MemCheck.exeC:\Acer\LANScope Agent\awServ.exeC:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\cvpnd.exeC:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exeC:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exeC:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exeC:\Program Files\Laserfiche\Snapshot 7\SnapshotService.exec:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exeC:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eLock\LockServ.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXEC:\Program Files\Oracle\Outlook Connector\ocautoupds.exeC:\Program Files\Retrospect\retrorun.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exeC:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\ZuneBusEnum.exeC:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eRecovery\eRAgent.exeC:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\eDSloader.exeC:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox\StatusClient\StatusClient.exeC:\Program Files\eCopy\Desktop 9.2\Bin\eDP2eD.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exeC:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eLock\Monitor\LockMon.exeC:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exeC:\Program Files\Zune\ZuneLauncher.exeC:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox\jre\bin\javaw.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\DOWNLOADS\Any Wallpaper\AnyWallpaper.exeC:\Acer\Empowering Technology\Acer.Empowering.Framework.Launcher.exeC:\Program Files\Acer WLAN 11g USB Dongle\ZDWlan.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exeC:\Documents and Settings\chowell.CHRISH-CB2702\Desktop\HiJackThis.exeR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ycomp/def.../search/ie.htmlR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ycomp/def...//www.yahoo.comR0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226958/ie-ad-windows-popping-up-every-few-minutes/
Relevancy 39.56%

My windows search feature keeps popping up when i try to use a search on any website Sometimes i have or at the same time Here is my hijack log Thanks for any help WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx Windows search up keeps popping exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Windows search keeps popping up Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www pogo com home home do R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch A FB BD dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run AcctMgr C Program Files Norton Password Manager AcctMgr exe startup O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run AnyDVD C Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVDtray exe O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run EA Core quot C Program Files Electronic Arts EADM Core exe quot -silent O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Global Startup Logitech Desktop Messenger lnk C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C Program Files Spy... Read more

Relevancy 39.56%

I've had unwanted IE windows popping up for the last few days now. It's usually some advertisement. I can also here clicking when there's no window which I'm guessing is some bad activity going on or possibly my Google toolbar blocking additional windows.
This seems to be isolated to IE, I usually use Mozilla but had a problem with it so I foolishly used IE for a task. I've tried running Ad-Aware, Cwshredder, Spybot and XoftSpy but none have been able to stop my problem. I also tried running ComboFix after reading some previous posts but this did not help either.

I have HJT and can post a log if someone would like. Otherwise any other suggestions on what to do?
Thanks,
Dan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unwanted-ie-windows-popping-up.741923/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello Can someone look over my log we have computers getting pop ups when browsing the net they don t appear right away but suddenly you ll windows IE new Solved: up popping notice one or two showing up in a new window The Title bar will start with CID Also internet seems slower Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Solved: new IE windows popping up WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files D-Link D-Link RangeBooster N DWA- acs exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C Program Files Symantec Solved: new IE windows popping up LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System QCONSVC EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities QCWLICON EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files WiFiConnector NintendoWFCReg exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA Yahoo YOP SSDK exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AUPDATE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msn ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Ipswitch WsftpBrowserHelper - ED -FB C- D - D - DA B - C Program Files WS FTP Pro wsbho k dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleT... Read more

Relevancy 39.56%

Hello I've been experiencing annoying pop ups while I surf the net on firefox The ads pop up in a new firefox window mostly when I load a new webpage I've tried using Symantec antivirus and SuperAntiSpyware and deleted some detected threats but the same files keep Ads up windows, Help!! on keep Firefox popping new popping back up SuperAntiSpyware usually detects something called Application Agent Gen-TempZ and also more than one Adware Tracking Cookie each time I've deleted them countless times but they just keep coming back I've followed the First Steps instructions and successfully run a scan with DDS I was however unable to do a Gmer scan as my computer keeps freezing midway through it I also had problems with removing Ads keep popping up on new Firefox windows, Help!! daemon tools pro the uninstall freezez my system as well I did the best I could and manually deleted any daemon file I could find I only have the DDS log and Attach rar to provide sorry I hope someone can help me I would be really grateful Cheers Oh and more thing I seem to have misplaced my Windows install boot CD DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Dr at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV Symantec Endpoint Protection On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C FW Symantec Endpoint Protection enabled BE FE -CD B- - A - DB DDB Running Processes E WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs E WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup E Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Ads keep popping up on new Firefox windows, Help!! Smc exe svchost exe svchost exe E Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe E WINDOWS system spoolsv exe E WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe E Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exe E Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe E Program Files Autodesk ds Max mentalray satellite raysat dsmax server exe E Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe E Program Files LClock LClock exe E Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exe E WINDOWS system nvsvc exe E Documents and Settings All Users Application Data QuestService questservice exe E Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe E Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe E Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe E Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe E Program Files QvodPlayer QvodTerminal exe E Program Files Registry Mechanic RegMech exe E Program Files DNA btdna exe Ads keep popping up on new Firefox windows, Help!! E Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc E Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exe E Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe E Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exe E Program Files Nokia PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe E Program Files QuestService questservice exe E PROGRA COMMON Nokia MPLATF NOKIAM EXE E Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe E WINDOWS system wuauclt exe E WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE E Program Files Nokia PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclUSBSrv exe E Program Files Nokia PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclRSSrv exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter E Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe E Documents and Settings Dr Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mWinlogon UIHost vistaui exe BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - e program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Automated Content Enhancer d e dd- - b-b cb- fff b a - e program files automated content enhancer ACEIEAddOn dll BHO Customized Platform Advancer c c f- - a -bdb - c b b - e program files customized platform advancer CPAIEAddOn dll BHO QvodExtend ac - de - - a e-a af add - e prog... Read more

A:Ads keep popping up on new Firefox windows, Help!!

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Your hard drive is almost full. Having too little free space on your hard drive can compromise system performance.

Quote:

C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 27 GiB total, 3.616 GiB free.
E: is FIXED (NTFS) - 49 GiB total, 5.212 GiB free.
F: is FIXED (NTFS) - 43 GiB total, 0.173 GiB free.
H: is FIXED (NTFS) - 15 GiB total, 0.471 GiB free.

I suggest you move pictures, music, etc. to an external drive or USB stick if you have one and uninstall any programs that are never or hardly ever used.

I need to see a rootkit scan before I can help you. Try running gmer again, but this time also uncheck 'Files'. Also try disabling Symantec.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/ads-keep-popping-up-on-new-firefox-windows-help-443589.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I followed some instructions to go to security settings and clik box to not run. I also went to next tab to uncheck additional boxes. Yet once I reboot, windows firewall popsup and asks to continue.

I have NIS firewall and do not want both of them running.

I am on Windows Vista Ultimate OS, version6 build 6000 on a new Lenovo T61 laptop.

Is there something in registry that needs to be tweaked (I hope not) to really turn it off?

Thx for any help / suggestions you can provide.

Walter F Travers
[email protected]

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-firewall-keeps-popping-up-194901.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Periodically windows pop up on my machine and disappear instantly before I and up windows popping disappearing can read what has popped up I m fairly familiar with ridding my computer of spyware malware etc and am pretty sure it has nothing to do with that I ve checked the system event viewer in the hopes of learning what s going on but I m a novice and have no idea what any of the messages mean Can anyone help me Do any of these messages mean I need to fix anything windows popping up and disappearing and could these things be related to the popups Security notices Special priveleges assigned to new logon Successful logon IPSec Services IPSec Services failed to get the windows popping up and disappearing complete list of network interfaces on the machine This can be a potential security hazard to the machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as desired by the applied IPSec filters Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to further diagnose the problem Application notices wuauclt The database engine stopped wuaueng dll database engine stopped the instance wuaueng dll database engine started a new instance System notices the telephony service entered the running state the application layer gateway service was successfully sent a start control the application layer gateway service entered the running state the remote access connection manager service entered the running state the windows image acquisition service was successfully sent a start control the windows image acquisition service entered the running state Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-popping-up-and-disappearing.370934/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi

I found that recently, there are certain (apparently random) programs that when I run them, the Windows installer always comes up and says that it is configuring the VMWare Server. The funny thing is that these programs have nothing to do with VMWare.

It happens to a few different programs, and I'm quite mystified. Some of the programs that it happens with don't even install with the Windows Installer, they are simply stand-alone EXE files extracted from Zip files.

Thanks to anyone who can shed any light on this one

Eli

A:Windows Install keeps popping up

Howdy did you install VMWare Server?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-install-keeps-popping-up.531549/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I think my machine is infected with some sort of nasty malware I've tried a few different tools and each tool has found something but even so the problem persists I'm hoping that you guys will be able to help me trouble shoot this I've read a few other posts on similar topics and it appears that the repairs have been successful so I'm hoping for the same result in my case thanks claesHere's my dss log Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Owner on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HijackThis run as Owner exe -----------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC Ie Ad Endless Popping Up Windows WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exeC Program Endless Ie Ad Windows Popping Up Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC windows system hpsysdrv exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeC WINDOWS System hphmon exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC WINDOWS system VTTimer exeC WINDOWS LTMSG exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exeC PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXEC PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exeC Program Files SBC Self Support Tool bin mad exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXEC Program Files SBC Self Support Tool bin mpbtn exeC Program Files KeirNet K K exeC PROGRA SBCSEL ASSTCO MOTIVE EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exeC PROGRA COMMON SYMANT CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS System HPZipm exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dss exeC PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Owner exeC WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - Hosts HP D D C O - Hosts HP D D D FO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - E B- F - B- BC- B B B F - C WINDOWS system urqNEXqo dll file missing O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROG... Read more

A:Endless Ie Ad Windows Popping Up

Hello claesa, We will run ComboFix. You should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert, not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. You need to disable your Norton Antivirus and Spyware Doctor before running ComboFix, as they will prevent it from running. To disable Norton Antivirus: Please navigate to the system tray on the bottom right hand corner and look for a sign.right-click it -> chose "Disable Auto-Protect."select a duration of 5 hours (this assures no interference with the cleanup of your pc)click "Ok."a popup will warn that protection will now be disabled and the sign will now look like this: You succesfully disabled the Norton Antivirus Guard.To disable Spyware Doctor from running on your system startup:1. First, disable the OnGuard Tools. This way, when you exit Spyware Doctor, these tools won't stay resident in the background.2. Click the "Settings" button on the left side.3. Click the "Startup Settings" link.4. Uncheck "Run at Windows Startup".5. Click the "Apply" button.Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix To work properly, you must install ComboFix on the Desktop. When following the instructions please install the Windows XP Recovery Console if you are using XP. <== IMPORTANT You DO NOT need to have the Windows CD to install Recovery Console! Once installed, you should see a blue screen prompt that says: The Recovery Console was successfully installed. We need Recovery Console because malware damages a lot and causes an instable system - and because of that, it may happen that your computer won't be able to boot anymore. With the Recovery Console installed, there are extra options present to repair whatever malware damaged. Also, even though you're not infected, the presence of the Recovery Console is a useful feature in case a computer won't boot anymore because of several other reasons. Read here what you can do with the Recovery Console. Extra note: After you have installed the Recovery Console - if you reboot your computer, right after reboot, you'll see the option for the Recovery Console now as well. Don't select to run the Recovery Console as we don't need it. By default, your main OS is selected there. The screen stays for 2 seconds and then it proceeds to load Windows. A caution - Have no other programs running. Your Task Bar should be clear of any program entries including your Browser. Disconnect from the Internet. Do not run Combofix more than once. Do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed, as this may cause the process to stall or your computer to lock. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop. Even when ComboFix appears to be doing nothing, look at your Drive light. If it is flashing, Combofix is still at work. Post the ComboFix log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141008/endless-ie-ad-windows-popping-up/
Relevancy 39.56%

I m pretty sure my computer is infected with up keep Random popping IE windows something because whenever I open IE new windows open up like winantivirus and sometimes put icons on my desktop please help Here s my Hijack This log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C Random IE windows keep popping up WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files DIGStream digstream exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LXSUPMON EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet Quickset exe C WINDOWS TEMP win tmp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Documents and Settings Natlad My Documents Downloads HiJackThis v exe C WINDOWS mgrs exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http espn go com motion detect html O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - B E-C D - C- C - A B A E - C WINDOWS system ssqpn dll O - BHO no name - BF A -CF - E -B C - FCE CFDD - C WINDOWS system efccbbx dll O - BHO no name - A A -A - -B - FF D D - C WINDOWS system uwahojxr dll O - BHO CNisExtBho Class - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run igf... Read more

Relevancy 39.56%

Vista Ultimate phenom mushkin pc gb asus m n HT mempipe deluxe Hello I have had a problem with my pc for around weeks I have Mcafee protection running and use various measures to keep my system running smoothly Anyway to cut to the chase I started having a problem with windows mail It continuously opens up while I am working on tasks It also sends me a message saying it cannot open as a precious version is still Mail Windows popping up keeps running I sometimes receive this message very quickly and repeatedly of over times The windows mail I have reduced and put to the side in an attempt to ignore it However it keeps reopening so while I am typing it breaks my type as I Windows Mail keeps popping up have to click on the screen to rid myself of the ever opening mail The steps I have taken so far -disable windows mail this released a torrent of messages saying windows mail could not be opened -Full virus scan -ccleaner software -superantispyware -vundofix -malwarebytes a reformat of hard drive a repair from startup including bootrec mbr boot and mbrfix The problem just keeps on recurring I do not know what to try next Any help suggestions will be warmly received cheers Mike

A:Windows Mail keeps popping up

Just a shot in the dark here, but..

Maybe a faulty keyboard, or stuck key, resulting in Windows Mail continually trying to open from a keyboard shortcut.

See if the problem persists with a different keyboard, or with the keyboard disconnected.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403935/windows-mail-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello I need some help I am running on Windows Vista I use Firefox as my default browser but I keep getting IE windows popping up with either blank screens or ad screens I believe its a trojan I have run in safe mode Windows Defender Webroot Spy Sweeper Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Spybot They have removed some trojans but the problem windows Firefox IE I while use up popping keep persists Below is the log file I got from Hijack This If anyone can help please I have had this problem for weeks now Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis IE windows keep popping up while I use Firefox v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot IE windows keep popping up while I use Firefox mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba traybar exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue CS ControlPanel VersionCueCS Tray exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files Microsoft IE windows keep popping up while I use Firefox IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeperUI exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Users Dad Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Toshiba TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Program Files USB Sharing usbshare exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynToshiba exe C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba CEC MAIN exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Webshots Webshots scr C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Veoh Video Compass - EB - A- B - A - F D DAE - C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh Video Compass SearchRecsPlugin dll O - Toolbar Veoh Web Player Video Finder - FBB -D D - f a-A E - B BFC - C Program Files Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer VeohIEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run Camera Assistant Software quot C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba traybar exe quot O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run IgfxTray quot C Windows system igfxtray exe quot O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds quot C Windows system hkcmd exe quot O - HKLM Run Persistence quot C Windows system igfxpers exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh quot C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe quot O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDS... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-windows-keep-popping-up-while-i-use-firefox.899190/
Relevancy 39.56%

I'm unsure as to how my laptop contracted this virus [most likely] and would be most grateful if someone could help me out.The situation is this, basically. For the past few days, every time I come online, I've been having a series of windows popping out of nowhere. All the windows [Firefox] could be closed, but every few minutes, a new window would appear, with the exact same advertisement [there are two kinds], but varying links. And every time a new window appears, the whole window shrinks. Example:http://www.broadcastsnews.com/t1045111101.htmlhttp://www.greatbulletin.com/t1045111101.htmlhttp://www.realrealities.com/a1045111101.htmlhttp://www.oneperception.com/t1045111101.htmlhttp://www.firstnarrative.com/t1045111101.htmlHow do I go about solving this?

A:Multiple Windows Popping Up

On the chance that this is legit, I neutered the links to prevent anyone with an unprotected machine from accidentally being infected. I scoped out the source code for those pages and didn't see anything right off, but that doesn't mean there won't be in 2 minutes.

If you have pop-ups disabled, those won't pop up. If you disable java script, they won't pop up. Have you run any sort of anti-ick programs?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69436/multiple-windows-popping-up/