Windows Support Forum

Unable to access microsoft.com

Q: Unable to access microsoft.com

I just had to reformat an xp machine today and It will not go to microsoft's website. Have they stopped supporting xp alltogether no matter what browser? All other websites work well.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to access microsoft.com

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unable to access microsoft.com

Yes, as far as updates

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-microsoft-com.202642/
Relevancy 59.34%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files PFShared UmxCfg exeC Program Files Common Files PFShared UmxPol exeC Program Files Tiny Personal Firewall UmxAgent exeC Program Files Tiny Personal Firewall UmxTray exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Power Management CeEPwrSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Access Unable Anything To Microsoft Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exeC WINDOWS System snmp exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files PFShared umxlu exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files TOSHIBA Power Management CePMTray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC Program Files Roxio Easy Media Creator Drag to Disc DrgToDsc exeC WINDOWS system WLANSTA EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exeC Program Files EzButton CPLDBL EXEC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Gaim gaim exeC Program Files belkin Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files belkin Bluetooth Software BTStackServer exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC Program Files Azureus Azureus exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exeC Program Files Unable To Access Anything Microsoft Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs System HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run CeEPOWER C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Management CePMTray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run RoxioDragToDisc quot C Program Files Roxio Easy Media Creator Drag to Disc DrgToDsc exe quot O - HKLM Run WLANSTA EXE WLANSTA EXE STARTO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run CeEKEY C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exeO - HKLM Run CPLDBL C Program Files EzButton CPLDBL EXEO - HKLM Run PowerMate C Program Files Griffin Technology PowerMate PowerMate exeO - HKLM Run type quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - HKCU Run Gaim C Program Files Gaim gaim exeO - Global Startup BTTray lnk O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions presentO - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel presentO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Send To amp Bluetooth - C Program Files Belkin Bluetooth Software btsendto ie ctx htmO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - windir bdoscandel exe file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v - d f - f - d - - c a - windir bdoscandel exe file missing O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFF... Read more

A:Unable To Access Anything Microsoft

I'm aware replying to my own post will delay the process as warned in the readme, but i'll deal with it

I have found recently (though at no known point, eg adding of software) that I am unable to access any of microsofts services. These include MSN messenger, windows.com, msn.com et al. Also, the same applies to eBay for reasons beyond my knowledge. Not being able to log into messenger with the error code I got is common, however I have tried all the fixes on there to no avail. Also none of them report the lack of functionality wrt web pages. All other web pages work. I have no known proxies set up, and disabling firewall's briefly didnt solve the problem either. Also it isn't a problem with my HOSTS file. This is a last resort though I don't expect you to find anything. I have virus(etc) scanned with bitdefender online, avg locally, spybot, adaware. This is just me grasping at straw.

Thanks for looking over it though

Kind Regards,

Mitch

PS problem applies to both IExplorer and Firefox, though msn messenger wont connect but GAIM will... And it appears other sites as well (which appear random, I am trying to find a connection)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/54032/unable-to-access-anything-microsoft/
Relevancy 58.48%

I can not access update.microsoft.com. I get "page can not be displayed" message. I have run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware as well as Spybot Search & Destroy and Ad-Ware. All found things wrong and I accepted their corrections. But the problem remains. Attached is a Hijackthis file. Any help is appreciated.

A:Unable to access update.microsoft.com

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349729/unable-to-access-updatemicrosoftcom/
Relevancy 58.48%

I am unable to access Microsoft update, I have followed all of the trouble shooting instructions and I have even tried disabling my firewall/AV.

I am attatching an image of the error screen I am getting.

All help is appreciated!

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi All!

Trying to access Microsoft website for upgrade advisor to no avail. I get unable to to find server errors. I've cleared temp folders, tried to access through IE, installed current version of Hijack this, scanned and tried to send log to analyze to no avail. ( could not connect to trendmicro.com). Not sure what else to do at the moment. Any assistance would be great! Thank you in advance!

P.S.
I can post Hijack log if asked to do so.

Mahalo,
D

A:Unable to access Microsoft website

Please...do not post HJT log. In fact...post logs (of any sort) only if specifically requested or directed to do so by appropriate directions or personnel.

I am moving your topic to the Am I Infected forum, where the more knowledgeable will attempt to assist you .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454795/unable-to-access-microsoft-website/
Relevancy 58.48%

I normally access my work email using Microsoft Outlook Web Access. Recently, when attempting to do so, a page loaded asking to obtain a certificate. I did and now am unable to log in to my account. This has happened before on a computer when I first attempt to use Outlook Web Access but I was always able to log in. Does anyone have a solution/ Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-microsoft-web-access.854510/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello So I Trojans, websites more and Possible to Microsoft access unable am usually quite good about fixing these issues by myself but lately I have something on my computer that just won t go away It started with one of those Possible Trojans, unable to access Microsoft websites and more red security alert icons in the taskpane which told me I was infected This was one of those fake security alerts I was able to get rid of the alerts but ever since then I ve had endless problems My computer acts extremely sluggish now keyboard stops working random websites open two have already since I started writing this and I am unable to connect to Windows Update websites or other legitimate sites such as Linkedin I ve run multiple scans and programs AVG hijackthis Anti-Malware Ad-Aware Spybot Spyware Blaster Super AntiSpyware and all of the programs either return saying that everything is fine or some new alert pops up which another program hadn t caught before Most recently I ve been told by AVG that I am infected with Trojan SHeur AEME and Trojan Rootkit-Agent EG Malwarebytes has also told me that I have Trojan Downloader Trojan Backdoor Malware Packer Gen Stolen Data Rogue Possible Trojans, unable to access Microsoft websites and more Installer Backdoor Bot and Malware Trace I have a firewall installed AVG is currently running and working and I am disconnecting this computer from the internet in between my posts on this forum to prevent any more damage Below I have attached the required logs however I have run GMER twice now for over hours at a time and my computer spontaneously restarts when the log is being created So I ve attached as much as possible before the restart Hopefully this is enough information Any help would be GREATLY appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Main at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF FW COMODO Firewall Pro enabled A - F - ef -AFC -F E A B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS Samsung PanelMgr ssmmgr exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files COMODO Firewall cfp exeC Documents and Settings Main Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google ca uSearch Page hxxp www google comuSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreuSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q sBHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllTB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllTB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllEB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dlluRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun COMODO Firewall Pro quot c program files comodo firewall cfp exe quot -smRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exemRun Samsung PanelMgr c windows samsung panelmgr ssmmgr exe autorunIE Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - c windows system GPhotos scr IE Convert link target t... Read more

A:Possible Trojans, unable to access Microsoft websites and more

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.Note** If you are having problems posting the complete log into this thread upload them here http://www.rapidshare.com/ and post the links in this thread We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.I order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/327954/possible-trojans-unable-to-access-microsoft-websites-and-more/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello First off the computer in question is my parents one of them got a virus associated with aol whenever one tried to sign into an aol email account it would automatically redirect to a page asking for credit card information google searches related to the virus were or access windows microsoft.com update Unable to also redirected I was able to back up what they wanted to keep and then Unable to access microsoft.com or update windows formatted the hard drive and did a fresh install of windows xp from the dell disc that came with the computer I installed the drivers off of the dell resource cd that also came with the computer The problem Unable to access microsoft.com or update windows is the version of xp is sp and I need to update so their printer etc work when trying to use windows update or go to any microsoft com related website I get a quot server not found quot error I was able to access microsoft com by entering the ip address and also by using aol software I was also not able to access malwarebytes org but was able to download install update and run a scan which found items Most other websites come up just fine I really need help on this one I assumed that formatting and doing a fresh install would take care of any problems but there seems the be something lingering on here Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-microsoft-com-or-update-windows.964504/
Relevancy 58.05%

I found an earlier thread here that sounded like a Unable antivirus some Microsoft access and to websites similar problem to mine http forums techguy org virus-oth -solved-cant-access-microsoft-websites html but as it was old and said not to follow the instructions listed for they for that specific user I thought it better to start a new thread So here s the entire problem I have Windows XP and I Unable to access Microsoft and some antivirus websites just purchased a new webcam a LifeCam HD- When I went to do the setup I received the error message quot Setup cannot continue because you are not connected to the Internet or the server is unavailable Connect to the Internet and then run Setup again During the setup process accept Unable to access Microsoft and some antivirus websites any related security or firewall messages If this is unsuccessful please try again later quot Obviously I am connected if I m here so when I attempted to go to microsoft looking for tech support I found that I couldn t access any of their pages I am also unable to access symantec com as the previous user stated in the earlier thread I found I also attempted to download HijackThis from the link provided in the sticky but I can t access antivirus com either Any help would be appreciated with this Oh here s my system info also Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card RADEON X MB HyperMemory Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc HJ CN E FB Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated No On-Demand Scanner Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-microsoft-and-some-antivirus-websites.1012084/
Relevancy 58.05%

When I load Windows Update, I keep receiving the following message from Microsoft at this site: http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupd...t.aspx?ln=en-us [Error number: 0x80072EE7] The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem. For self-help options: Frequently Asked QuestionsFind SolutionsWindows Update Newsgroup For assisted support options: Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues) Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number 0x80072EE7) yourself. I've attached the 2 txt files, main and extra. Any suggestions and advice would be appreciated.Thanks, kirkvermette

A:Unable To Access Windows Xp Updates From Microsoft

Hi,Please don't attach your logs but copy and paste them in the thread instead...* Please download FixwareOut from the following site:http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/lonny/Fixwareout.exeSave it to your desktop and run it. Click Next, then Install, make sure "Run fixit" is checked and click Finish.The fix will begin; follow the prompts. If your firewall gives an alert, (because this tool will download an additional file from the internet), please don't let your firewall block it, but allow it instead.Then you will be asked to reboot your computer; please do so. Your system may take longer than usual to load; this is normal.Once the desktop loads please post the text that will open (report.txt) and a new Hijackthis log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162191/unable-to-access-windows-xp-updates-from-microsoft/
Relevancy 58.05%

I cannot access Microsoft sites. My computer does not even try yet can access any other site that I so far have attempted. (google, yahoo, and many many others) It doesn't hang or try to load, it instantly says "Internet explorer cannot display this webpage" I have done a complete re-install of Windows XP and yes, I formatted the drive beforehand and the problem persists. I also reset IE8 to default settings under the Advanced tab.
I have tried all I know so all help is appreciated.

Relevancy 58.05%

Original thread http forums techguy org windows-nt soft-site html Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Unable Antivirus/Microsoft to site. access WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system Unable to access Antivirus/Microsoft site. spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Unable to access Antivirus/Microsoft site. Razer Diamondback G razerhid exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system Unable to access Antivirus/Microsoft site. ctfmon exe C Program Files Razer Diamondback G razertra exe C Program Files Razer Diamondback G razerofa exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run Diamondback C Program Files Razer Diamondback G razerhid exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item Send to amp Bluetooth Device - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie ctx htm O - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exe O - Extra button btrez dll - - CCA CA-C - ef- - C D F - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie htm O - Extra Tools menuitem btrez dll - - CCA CA-C - ef- - C D F - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie htm O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE BDSCANONLINE Control - http download bitdefender com reso an oscan cab O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsof O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com ge sh swflash cab O - Protocol skype com - FFC B - B - DFF- - C DD F D - C PROGRA COMMON Skype SKYPE DLL O - Winlogon Notify SASWinLogon - C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASWINLO dll O - Service Bluetooth Service btwdins - Broadcom Corporation - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe O - Service Java Quick Starter JavaQuickStarterService - Sun Microsystems Inc - C Program Files Java jre bin jqs e... Read more

Relevancy 58.05%

Our family is well-equipped on the PC laptop front generally everyone has their own laptop plus a desktop that Unable access antivirus any to Microsoft.com or websites is occasionally used I go to do some streaming through Livestream Procaster and can't access the site Hmm that's odd I can access Livestream com through other computers but can't on the desktop Let's Google up some things that might fix this link to Microsoft no dice Let's just run a quick update on the antivirus nope And it's about at this point I realie that when I can't even get the antivirus websites open in Safe Mode I'm in over my Unable to access any antivirus websites or Microsoft.com head I can still get on the internet from laptops in this house so anything I need to do online to Unable to access any antivirus websites or Microsoft.com fix this won't be a problem I am hoping that one of you kind folks might be able to help me out of this jam As requested here is my DDS file DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by Georgeen at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV COMODO Antivirus Enabled Outdated F C - EC - FC - - DF DBED SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP COMODO Defense Enabled Updated CE - FA- -BB -B A A CA EC Running Processes C windows system wininit exe C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows system atiesrxx exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system atieclxx exe C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C windows system spool DRIVERS x dleaserv exe C windows system dleacoms exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C windows system taskhost exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows Explorer EXE C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files x Dell V -V Series dleamon exe C Program Files x Dell V -V Series ezprint exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe C Program Files x DYMO DYMO Label Software DymoQuickPrint exe C Program Files x DYMO DYMO Label Software DLSService exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system WUDFHost exe C windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C windows system DllHost exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C windows splwow exe C windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C windows system SearchFilterHost exe C windows system wbem WMIADAP EXE C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C windows SysWOW cmd exe C windows system conhost exe C windows SysWOW cscript exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Dell Toolbar b - ac - d-b cb- ea f f b - C Program Files Dell Printable Web toolband dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll TB Dell Toolbar b - ac - d-b cb- ea f f b - C Program Files Dell Printable Web ... Read more

A:Unable to access any antivirus websites or Microsoft.com

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Press the Windows "logo" key and "R" then copy/paste the following into the Run box and click OK:

notepad C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

A text file should open. Please post the contents of that file in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/unable-to-access-any-antivirus-websites-or-microsoft-com-581178.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello there Okay let me start you off from saying that i have NOT got a genuin Microsoft windows and i for some unknown reason enabled Updates/ to access Need programmes. help Microsoft Unable certain Updates for my windows I was told not to do this because it s not genuin and there is no need I did this and i installed certain things and now i am unable to access msn see pictures Microsoft Updates/ Unable to access certain programmes. Need help in Picture Manager Play online games such as Lord Of The Rings Online I believe i installed updates that have Microsoft Updates/ Unable to access certain programmes. Need help overlapped what i originally had and well lets put it this way currupted it So i got help from a friend and he gave me a programme that would change my microsoft windows code to a different one automatically which would then make my windows Genuin I did this and i installed the Genuin Notification programme from the updates to see if it was now genuin or not it worked and it s now genuin Still had problems so i uninstalled NET Framework SP from add and remove programmes when i Microsoft Updates/ Unable to access certain programmes. Need help did this this got rid of other microsoft programmes such as what would be shown with NET Framework SP in the add and remove programmes I went to the Microsoft Update site and installed NET Framework still problems so i thought lets look at another computer in the house and see what its got so i looked and it showed NET Framework SP So i installed that after a while an update arrived to install the Hotfix or what ever it is I still have a problem I can access internet but cannot access msn games pictures videos Limewire Any advice Do i have to reinstall windows Thankyou nbsp

A:Microsoft Updates/ Unable to access certain programmes. Need help

I have also scanned my system for viruses, nothing has come up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-updates-unable-to-access-certain-programmes-need-help.595289/
Relevancy 58.05%

i am using my airtel gprs connection through bluetooth on my compaq laptop for browsing internet in internet explorer8. i got legal windows xp sp2. the problem is that i am unable to access microsoft update and its related sites and also any antivirus sites. please help as i have to update my winxp and my norton antivirus.
thanks

A:unable to access microsoft and any antivirus sites

Open the HOSTS file and post the entire contents.
Start > run > notepad c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Note: The default drive letter in most cases is "c:", if you have a dual boot system or a different
drive letter assigned to your OS drive then change the command accordingly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/unable-to-access-microsoft-and-any-antivirus-sites-386770.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi All I have inherited a win bit machine that was severely infected including a cryptolock virus I used disc vhd to access microsoft.com anti-virus or to Unable sites create a vhd file of it as a backup and now running it virtually using virtualbox I'll likely do a format and re-install on the physical machine but wanted a working version as a backup I have run several anti-virus programs - Malwarebytes Rogue Killer SuperAntiSpyware Microsoft Malware Removal Tool msert exe Hitman etc I also booted using the AVG recovery CD to completely scan the drive All of which found many files and removed them I apologize as I didn't keep the logs Everything seems to be coming up clean but I am not able to visit microsoft com or any antivirus websites directly Visiting the conficker eye chart website Conficker Eye Chart indicates that I am infected with an A B variant I have tried running ESETConfickerCleaner exe but it said I was not infected I wasn't sure if there was a log I am meant to provide with this post but can download and run anything you may need I would really appreciate it if someone could help me resolve this issue please

A:Unable to access anti-virus sites or microsoft.com

perhaps you can find another site with a download link to an antivirus??

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/378132-unable-access-anti-virus-sites-microsoft-com.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I page access Microsoft to Unable Update Windows had some issues after I downloaded the CA Security Suite and versions I also had Webroot Antivirus with Spyware A friend had installed Avast on it a few months ago but the subscription expired so I Unable to access Microsoft Windows Update page was looking for something else that I liked instead of Avast Just was shopping around I have RoadRunner internet service and they offer the CA Security Suite for their customers I had heard that this is a good company Am I wrong But since I started all this days ago I have not had a smooth operating computer Certain sites are not showing the drop down links and some sites dont even let the links work anymore Is this a internet issue or firewall issue I have removed all but the Windows Firewall and I have it on default settings When I click on the Windows Update link in the start up I get the IE page but it is blank I can go to Windows home or other pages but when I try the Update page it just remains blank

A:Unable to access Microsoft Windows Update page

The IE Update page being blank I have heard of a lot. There are other ways to get updates, but that should really work.

There are different things that seem to get it working for different people, so I am not sure exactly which might help you.

Clearing temporary Internet files is an old suggestion from Microsoft.

Making sure you have a Language selected in IE is another - Tools, Options, Languages - pick a good one for you or change it, change it back, Apply, restart IE.

With IE closed, reregister certain DLLs from Start, Run, CMD. You will usually see some success message for each...

regsvr32 jscript <--this one is a popular "fix"

regsvr32 vbscript
regsvr32 /i mshtml
And maybe these:

regsvr32 wuapi.dll
regsvr32 wups.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 wucltui.dll
regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Before adjusting, close IE, adjust, restart IE, test.

If you can sort of do them one at a time (I know it is more trouble) and test to see which one does the trick, that would be good information.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/234930/unable-to-access-microsoft-windows-update-page/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have an Acer Aspire 5542 Laptop running Windows 7 and have had no problems until recently. I went to check my Hotmail and found I could not get to Hotmail.com then my msn messenger signed out and would not sign back in.

I then noticed that I could not get to any Microsoft site but all other sites work fine. I am a computer tech and run a small home network the laptop being the only machine running windows 7 all other run XP or Linux all other machines can access all Microsoft sites so I am pretty sure the problem lies with the laptop, however after running every scan I can think of and coming up empty I wiped the mbr and recreated the hard drive partition and reinstalled windows with the factory restore disks. unfortunately the problem remains.

any Ideas?

A:Windows 7 Unable to Access Microsoft related Sites

Hmm...the only thing that I can think of is that it could be something with your firewall/internet security settings. I actually had a similar incident with Microsoft sites in a building where I was accessing wi-fi from, but when I went to a cafe down the street, I was able to access the Microsoft websites again.

-- Ryan
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/374880/windows-7-unable-to-access-microsoft-related-sites/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,
I recently started doing volunteer IT work for a non-profit organization. They have a server running Windows 2003 Small Business Server SP2 with IE 6. I recently ran Windows Update on it and installed about 28 security patches. The server rebooted successfully and things seemed to running okay. About one month when by, when I discovered that I cannot run Windows update or get to any Microsoft or antivirus websites (McAfee, Symantec, AVG). I get "page cannot be displayed". I can get to other websites just fine. I downloaded/installed Spybot and ran a scan but all it found was some tracking cookies. I then downloaded/installed Clamav but I was unable to get to Clamav.net to get the latest definination files. I ran a scan and except for files that were in use, it came back clean. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:Unable to access Microsoft or Anti-Virus Sites

An update to this problem -

I suspected it might be Conficker. I checked and I have KB958644 installed but I had download about 28 patches in January and didn't install them until 02/15. I think Conficker slipped in during that time period.

I downloaded the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool but it would not start on the server. I then downloaded the McAfee Stinger utility and it found Conficker in the Default User Temporary Internet File directory in a jpeg file. It removed it and I rebooted the server but I still cannot access any Microsoft or anti-virus websites. Any ideas? Thank a lot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/211158/unable-to-access-microsoft-or-anti-virus-sites/
Relevancy 56.76%

My problems started when I installed a certain add-on for Firefox (can't remember what it was, it was when I was feeling naive enough to see if I could invoke the old facebook), and afterwards Firefox could not access the internet. Spybot, Ad-Aware and Norton faced the same problem as well. However, I can access the internet with Internet Explorer.

Norton 360 too was having problems. Various aspects (Auto-Protect etc.) were checked as off or undone etc. I checked the firewall to see if it was blocking certain programs from accessing the internet but it didn't seem to be doing so. Furthermore, when I tried turing the firewall off etc. the connection problems still persisted.

Can anyone explain the problem please? Help would be most appreciated.

Thank you very much

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/non-microsoft-programs-unable-to-access-internet-norton-360-problems-303677.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Recently I had issues with Microsoft Updates please review if necessary to take care of my current issue WindowsUpdate A Error Updating and they were solved However after downloading the two updates that were in trouble my system refuses to acnowledge that SP2 data and install Microsoft to Unable Runtime connectivity.. Access one of the downloads was or is installed properly this is the SP for Microsoft Access Runtime and Data Connectivity which is MB in size This is the additional info displayed for this update Quote Microsoft Office Access Runtime and Data Connectivity Service Pack SP Download size MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important Service Pack provides the latest updates to Microsoft Office Access Runtime and Microsoft Office System Driver Database Connectivity Components More information Download details Microsoft Office Unable to install SP2 Microsoft Access Runtime and data connectivity.. Access Runtime and Data Connectivity Service Pack SP Help and Support Microsoft Support I am now trying to download and install the update manually see if that works So I tried manual install and that did not work either please see pics enclosed Please help I tried rebooting in selective mode cleanning computer of unused software cleanning files registry etc and nothing has worked One of my services for search indexing Microsoft Outlook keeps disconnecting due to service closed I keep restarting the service but my computer resets the service and closes it could this problem be related to the inability of the Microsoft Access Runtime SP of getting installed Thank you so much Unable to install SP2 Microsoft Access Runtime and data connectivity.. in advance for your help

A:Unable to install SP2 Microsoft Access Runtime and data connectivity..

You have already your thread here WindowsUpdate_00000A97 Error Updating...
As I said in post 15 -reinstall Office

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/98953-unable-install-sp2-microsoft-access-runtime-data-connectivity.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I redirect Unable access w/IE8browser Microsoft Windows Wormradar? Update or to am unable to access Microsoft Update for about weeks now IE cannot connect when I try to download an update but can connect with everything else I also ocassionally have a Windows Internet Security window popup stating quot Browser under threat Wormradar? Unable to access Microsoft or Windows Update w/IE8browser redirect of infection Windows requires permission to install online protection tool quot asking to allow or not allow If allow is hit one of the following appears Name setup exeType Application KB or KBFrom typofeltg com or hostlibe comWhile initially filling this out my browser went blue with a message about IE for a split second then my computer rebooted First time for that I have started over with a second file download app and from location I have never ran or saved the file download but can t say my wife hasn t Any help will be greatly appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by bvp at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP AVG Anti-Virus Free enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Windows system dlcxcoms exeC Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS AdpPlugins DQLWinService exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU AlertService exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exeC Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exeC Windows system rundll exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU TrayIcon exeC Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS Support IntelHCTAgent exeC Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcxmon exeC Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer memcard exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Windows sttray exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU Engine exeC Program Files IObit IObit Security is exeC Program Files IObit IObit Security is tray exeC Program Files IObit IObit Security IS srv exeC Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare Awc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil e exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows System svchost ex... Read more

A:Wormradar? Unable to access Microsoft or Windows Update w/IE8browser redirect

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309193/wormradar-unable-to-access-microsoft-or-windows-update-wie8browser-redirect/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I have a laptop running Windows XP sp Microsoft Security Essentials detected the TrojanDropper Win Sirefef B virus and was able to remove it However from then on I have been unable to connect to the internet Neither my wired nor Security access removed Essentials Sirefef.B to after a Microsoft internet TrojanDropper Unable virus wireless connections are working I have a Unable to access internet after Microsoft Security Essentials removed a TrojanDropper Sirefef.B virus second laptop that can successfully connect to the internet so I know that my router is working and that my Ethernet cable is good When I open Network Connections both the wired and the wireless connections show a status of quot Connected Firewalled quot I already posted a question to bleepingcomputer and I was asked to start a new topic Here is a link to the original topic that I posted http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page Unable to access internet after Microsoft Security Essentials removed a TrojanDropper Sirefef.B virus st p hl agenth fromsearch entry Before starting this new topic I have already Unable to access internet after Microsoft Security Essentials removed a TrojanDropper Sirefef.B virus found and repaired the following problems with my laptop The afd sys file was missing from the C WINDOWS system drivers directory MSE removed afd sys as part of eradicating the virus quot AFD quot was missing from the Device Manager In Device Manager select View - gt Show hidden devices When I expanded quot Non-Plug and Play Drivers quot there was no quot AFD quot driver in the list I was able to get it running again by fixing the registry My recollection is that AFD was missing from the registry so I ran a afd reg script to add it back Farbar Service Scanner found a problem with the wuauserv service so I ran a wuauserv reg script to fix the registry The C WINDOWS system drivers etc hosts file was corrupted so I reset it back to a default hosts file However after fixing these problems I still cannot access the internet After I fixed the four problems listed above I started followed the quot Prep Guide quot Preparation Guide for Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help I disabled my CD emulation software by running the DeFogger exe tool Then I ran the dds scr tool I copied and pasted the dds txt file below and attached the attach txt file I also ran the gmer exe tool and attached the ark txt file Thank you for your help AgentH DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by AgentH at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Outdated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Verizon McciTrayApp exe C Program Files Verizon VSP VerizonServicepoint exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe svchost exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Ar... Read more

A:Unable to access internet after Microsoft Security Essentials removed a TrojanDropper Sirefef.B virus

Hello and Welcome to the forums!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 31. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/442740/unable-to-access-internet-after-microsoft-security-essentials-removed-a-trojandropper-sirefefb-virus/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Over the past week my pc has been infected with at least viruses The first wsa a winlogon virus i can t remember the actual virus name and it infected the file sdra exe Mcafee found the virus but was unable to remove it After reading online on how to kill the svchost rid Virus Infected get Popups, virus access to of with Can't Unable Win32/Alureon.H, update.microsoft, exe processes one at a time and to Infected with Virus Win32/Alureon.H, Can't access update.microsoft, Popups, Unable to get rid of virus delete the file just befoer the computer shuts down i was able to remove the virus Mcafee now scans cleanly However i have been getting IE windows opening to random adveristing sites and i can not connect to any update microsoft related sites I downloaded and ran onecare and it finds the wind alureon h virus and can not remove it I have read some posts here where people with very similar problems have been able to remove this virus see http www bleepingcomputer Infected with Virus Win32/Alureon.H, Can't access update.microsoft, Popups, Unable to get rid of virus com forums topic html I was wondering if someone can assist me in removing this virus and guide me through the steps i need to take next thanks -billEDIT Moved from XP forum to more appropriate Infected with Virus Win32/Alureon.H, Can't access update.microsoft, Popups, Unable to get rid of virus Am I Infected Hamluis

A:Infected with Virus Win32/Alureon.H, Can't access update.microsoft, Popups, Unable to get rid of virus

Hello,It looks like you have a bad rootkit aboard which will require tools restricted to the log forum. Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then post back here and we will provide you with further instructions.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318116/infected-with-virus-win32alureonh-cant-access-updatemicrosoft-popups-unable-to-get-rid-of-virus/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have an access Database that has a form wich contains OLE Object fields in one I use it to paste in Microsoft Access Word a to Microsoft document Issue linking a link to an excel field and the other field I use it to paste a link to a word document This is running under windows and office Every was working fine I had to change my notebook harddisk and mother board After this I reinstall windows Issue linking to a Microsoft Word document in Microsoft Access and office The problem that I have is the following When I double click in the excel link it works fine an open my excel file When I do the same with the word link I got the following message translated because I have my notebook with spanish language quot Error during an operation over an Object Document It is possible the OLE Server is not registered To Register it reinstall it quot Its very extrange because my database worked fine before I reinstalled windows and office and the thing the it works fine with the excel link but not with the word link Please if anyone have and idea of what is going on Thanks a lot in advance for your help nbsp

A:Issue linking to a Microsoft Word document in Microsoft Access

Welcome to TSG jcantini,
Since no one is offering any thing here I'm going to suggest you save the document in the current version of word and reistablish/rebuild the link. I suspect this is an older version of access running with office 2010? mdb file type?

If you google "the ole server isn't registered access 2010" there are tons of confusing suggestions out there! Good luck..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-linking-to-a-microsoft-word-document-in-microsoft-access.1093279/
Relevancy 45.58%

From first topic Link is http www bleepingcomputer com forums t infected-unable-to-use-computer OBI know I am infected but unsure about where I would start Basically My computer was completely fine my Monday evening regular virus spyware searches turned up results Tuesday morning I went on the internet got a few IE popups even though I use Firefox Decided to do a Malwarebytes scan and got over infected objects infected Let the scan finish and was told to restart computer restarted and the problems started I completely lost my desktop no icons and no toolbar a few more restarts and I managed to get them back but nothing else worked Every program says I don't have the rights to access it or the computer has the resources to start I can't access the internet use computer., to to unable toolbar, No Unable access internet. desktop, Infected. and any scans I can run stop in the middle and give me the 'system resources' error I'm not using that computer at the moment since I'm completely unable to use it Firstly I must ask is is necessary to save the dds scr and rootrepeal scanners directly to the desktop or can they be moved there after being downloaded to another location I can't access the internet on the infected computer so I will be unable to download them if they MUST be saved to the desktop I have already managed to run a Win kDiag scan attached Thank you for any help

A:Infected. Unable to use computer., No desktop, toolbar, unable to access internet.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.You can always download the files from one location and move it to your desktop afterwards. If you are using a flash drive to communicate between your clean and your infected PC please run the following tool on your clean PC while having the flash drive inserted:Please download Flash_Disinfector and save it to your desktop.Double click to run it.You will be prompted to plug in your flash drive. Remember to plug in the flash drive to disinfect as well.Flash_Disinfector will start disinfecting your flash and hard drives. This takes a few seconds. Your desktop will disappear in the meantime.When done, a message box will appear. Click OK. Your desktop should now appear. If it doesn't, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.Click on File > New Task (Run...). Type in explorer.exe and press Enter. Your desktop should now appear.regards _temp_

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271701/infected-unable-to-use-computer-no-desktop-toolbar-unable-to-access-internet/
Relevancy 45.58%

OS is Windows XP. The computer is 6 years old & have never had problems. Recently I'm unable to access internet Explorer. The white page appears and the "connecting" message...and there it stays. Also, I'm unable to download .net versions 2.0 through 3.5, which appears to prevent me from downloading other programs. One tech tried to assist me remotely & ultimately suggested seeking help from a Windows specialist--thus my finding tech Suppor Guy--great!! --Dutch--

A:Unable to access Internet Explorer; unable to download .net versons 2.0 through 3.5

would suggest system restore to before this happened first.if thats not possible post back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-internet-explorer-unable-to-download-net-versons-2-0-through-3-5.941202/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello Recently my computer has been progressively getting worse or so it seems At first all that I was limited on was going to a handful of sites that I tried Facebook Hotmail Yahoo etc Currently I am having difficulties getting on more and more sites sites that I had been recently able to get on In my attempts to take care of the problem on my own I downloaded Malwarebytes IObit Malwarefighter and ran recovery manager to set my computer back to factory condition I knew because I did the recovery that it upgrades... Unable access unable download sites; to certain various to was going to most likely not work so I saved files and documents I wanted to save on a thumb-drive Malwarebytes and Unable to access certain sites; unable to download various upgrades... IObit claim to have found nothing but I can t seem to upgrade Malwarebytes as the program crashes when it scans for an update Since I recovered my computer I cannot watch anything on Netflix on any browser and I still can t access any of the websites I was unable to I went onto Wikihow and tried Unable to access certain sites; unable to download various upgrades... to reset my quot hosts quot file but it seems whatever I did could have just been more damaging than helpful I am not Unable to access certain sites; unable to download various upgrades... quite sure I am running Windows as an operating system on an HP computer I have looked at threads you have done or solved in the past and some of the solutions that worked for other posters did nothing to cure my problem Thank you for reviewing my issue and if I need to post any more information to get things rolling just let me know Nathaniel Logs Below -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exe C Program Files x hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Nathaniel Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Windows Live Sig... Read more

A:Unable to access certain sites; unable to download various upgrades...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-certain-sites-unable-to-download-various-upgrades.1077968/
Relevancy 44.29%

Good denied IE, updating Unable to display when access update drivers, no access windows morning I have a system that has had numerous issues mainly virus related I have cleaned the system and show no virus activity but I m still having issues Late last week the system was stuck in a loop it wouldn t boot to Windows at all no safe mode no normal mode I resorted to a Windows repair from the install disk It worked to a certain degree I am now able to get Unable to access IE, access denied when updating display drivers, no windows update into Windows but can not open IE and I can not install a display driver I am unable to access Windows Update but was able to Unable to access IE, access denied when updating display drivers, no windows update set automatic updates to install lots of updates including SP but I am still unable to make any changes Initially when I attempted to open IE I would get a window saying that IE had to close instantly I attempted to reinstall IE and I attempted to install a newer version of IE Neither worked If I chose to install the updates with the install I would get an access denied error if I chose not to install the updates with the install it would look like it worked but now when I click on IE I get quot Error loading C WINDOWS System inetcpl cpl The operating system cannot run quot In device manager I have no drivers installed on my display adapter If I try to update it it looks like it s going to install but then I get quot Cannot install the hardware Access is Denied quot Any assistance or insight into this would be appreciated

A:Unable to access IE, access denied when updating display drivers, no windows update

On any system with a number of issues...it's often better to do a clean install to wipe the slate clean, rather than hope that you have patched all known and unknown issues, IMO.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402072/unable-to-access-ie-access-denied-when-updating-display-drivers-no-windows-update/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi Tech Support!

About 3 days ago, I stopped having access to sites such as Hotmail, Facebook, eBay on my laptop at home. The pages will not load for me but other sites (such as this one, thank goodness!! can be accessed)

Please help me as I won't be able to check my hotmail at work either as that is blocked too.

Let me know what I have to show you guys as I am very computer illiterate.

Thank you so much!

A:Unable to access secured sites like Hotmail/Facebook/eBay (but able to access others)

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/unable-to-access-secured-sites-like-hotmail-facebook-ebay-but-able-to-access-others-379457.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I sure arrow Console controls or access any keys to in Unable access BIOS or Error Recovery am hoping someone Unable to access arrow keys or any controls in Error Recovery Console or access BIOS can help me with this First my specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Unable to access arrow keys or any controls in Error Recovery Console or access BIOS Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA-MA -DS x x Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled I am having some errors causing crashes on occasion Thats not what I am here for today though I can deal with that later When my comp starts to reboot I can t seem to access BIOS if I can access the Boot Order by hitting F I have no control whatsoever on the choices no up or down or even hitting enter works Also when I go into Error Recovery Console the same thing no controls whatsoever I can make no arrow keys or hitting any keys work and I have to just sit there and let it choose whatever it defaulted to I have re-installed Windows but the problem persists Would really appreciate your help nbsp

A:Unable to access arrow keys or any controls in Error Recovery Console or access BIOS

I would suspect that your bios is not loading the keyboard or mouse, except for your only reference to the error recovery console? Do you mean you have the controls elsewhere, but not there?
But, if the loss is general, the quickest way is to reset the bios. You would normally do this by locating the small bios battery on the motherboard. Remove this and, in its vicinity (better if you browse or refer to a manual for the motherboard!) there will be a small three pin tag, with a joiner across two of the pins. Move the joiner to the other two pins for about one minute, This will return the bios to defaults. If you cannot locate this pin, you will have to leave the computer, with the battery out for quite a while - I would guess possibly over 24 hours, to reset the bios.
But, before, You do not say how you have tried to access the bios? (DEL on startup: F2 on startup are two choices)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-arrow-keys-or-any-controls-in-error-recovery-console-or-access-bios.983058/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey everyone My girlfriend has had her computer for well over a year now Recently it's been crashing alot mostly with the bluescreen but on occasion just freezing Errorcode on bluescreen is STOP x B xF D xC x x Recently it has been impossible to enter windows so we figured it'd be best to re-install windows All we have is a windows XP CD which is fine But when I put in the CD it crashes with the same blue screen I googled the errorcode and I found access and re-install to unable windows Unable to out that alot of people has had simmilar issues and fixed it by going into BIOS and changing SATA mode from AHCI to IDE but i cant find anything in BIOS that allows me to do so Here's a couple of the Unable to access windows and unable to re-install links I found on google with suggestions on how to fix Unable to access windows and unable to re-install it Hard disk not detected Solved Installing XP STOP x B xF D xC x x - Cyber Tech Help Support Forums The computer is Acer

A:Unable to access windows and unable to re-install

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests (in your case, please start with the Hard Drive diagnostics). They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.
If you find hardware issues, here's a link to the hardware forums: Hardware Support - Tech Support Forum

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks
If you find malware, here's a link on how to post in the Security Center: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/unable-to-access-windows-and-unable-to-re-install-594181.html
Relevancy 44.29%

hi, i bought lenovo ideapad 100s-11lby  win-10 recently  and i give to my freind to use he change password & forget  i am unable access to windows please advice me how to make restore factory settings i try to format with usb in option FN+F12  i can see boot option but when i try to select  up and down arrow is not working kindly help me how to solve my problem

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/unable-to-access-windows-amp-also-unable-to-format/td-p/3323561
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi there My Lenovo Thinkpad laptop got infected by several pop-ups and unwanted programs over the course of the weekend I launched Avast anti virus which got rid of the pop ups and I ve manually deleted some of Malwarebytes, run Unable to unable help! Internet, to access the programs fake cleaners etc I did not personally download during the time of attack I am currently running windows dumb enough to click the trial duh The laptop is extremely slow now I have problems accessing the internet from Unable to access Internet, unable to run Malwarebytes, help! all major browsers citing DNS errors on Microsoft Edge Chrome and Opera However I am able to access the internet using Avast s Safebrowse internet browser I have copied the FRST logs as per the rules Thank you in advance Code Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Mikhail administrator on LIWANAG - - Running from C Users Mikhail AppData Local Temp scoped dir Loaded Profiles Mikhail Available Profiles Mikhail amp DefaultAppPool Platform Windows Pro Version X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Edge Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool URL http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool URL Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Lenovo C Windows Unable to access Internet, unable to run Malwarebytes, help! System ibmpmsvc exe AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows CpuEssentials CpuEssentials exe C Windows SysWOW CpuHeatMapping CpuHeatMapping exe C Windows cSysSecure SysSecure exe Conexant Systems Inc C Windows System CxAudMsg exe SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION C Program Files EPSON EpsonCustomerResearchParticipation EPCP exe Seiko Epson Corporation C Windows System escsvc exe Lenovo C Program Files x Lenovo RapidBoot HDD Accelerator FBService exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility CamMute exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPHKSVC exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TPKNRSVC exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility vcamsvc exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo VIRTSCRL lvvsst exe Microsoft Unable to access Internet, unable to run Malwarebytes, help! Corporation C Windows System mqsvc exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnhService exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY tphkload exe Ulead Systems Inc C Program Files x Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe Nalpeiron Ltd C Windows SysWOW NLSSRV EXE Nitro PDF Software C Program Files Common Files Nitro Pro NitroPDFDriverService x exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY micmute exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY tpnumlk exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo VIRTSCRL virtscrl exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY tpnumlkd exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe Synaptics C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynLenovoHelper exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System rundll exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY mkrmsg exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files CONEXANT ForteConfig fmapp exe Avast Software C Program Files AVAST Software SZBrowser SZBrowser exe Conexant Systems Inc C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent CAudioFilterAgent exe Lenovo C Windows System TpShocks exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TpKnrr... Read more

A:Unable to access Internet, unable to run Malwarebytes, help!

Hello,
Please use Upload a File button to attach your reports.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/unable-to-access-internet-unable-to-run-malwarebytes-help.63643/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I am unable to access my task manager on Windows 7 as administrator. Whenever I try to access it a Command window flashes on the screen quickly and that's it. Same thing happens when taskmgr.exe is clicked. 

I was able to capture the command window error as the following:

C;\Users\<name>\Documents>REG and HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System  /v  DisableTaskMgr  /t  REG_DWORD  /d  /0  /f
ERROR: Access is denied.

Any help with this would be appreciated. I have checked that TaskMgr is enabled in the registry, and have ran AVG and Malwarebytes and they didn't come up with anything. 

Thanks again for any help on this one.

A:Unable to access Task Manager - Error: Access is denied

blue gravity,

Please confirm that the command that is attempting to execute is the following:

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
This command is trying to enable task manager but the command prompt that is trying to enable task manager does not have the permissions to do that.

Please try the following:

Click Start
Type cmd
Right click cmd.exe
Select Run as administrator
type "REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f"
Press enter
Close cmd.exe
Log out
Try to open task manager

If this does not work, or you believe your computer might be infected, please follow the instructions found at Am I Infected, as I am not authorized to assist with the removal of malware.

Thank you,

packetanalyzer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596534/unable-to-access-task-manager-error-access-is-denied/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I am unable to access my task manager on Windows 7 as administrator. Whenever I try to access it a Command window flashes on the screen quickly and that's it. Same thing happens when taskmgr.exe is clicked. 

I was able to capture the command window error as the following:

C;\Users\<name>\Documents>REG and HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System  /v  DisableTaskMgr  /t  REG_DWORD  /d  /0  /f
ERROR: Access is denied.

Any help with this would be appreciated. I have checked that TaskMgr is enabled in the registry, and have ran AVG, Malwarebytes, TDSS Killer, RKill and Combofix and they didn't come up with anything. 

Thanks again for any help on this one.

Please initiate a new topic, following Steps 6- 8 of Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html and also paste in the results from your ComboFix log.  Initiate this new topic in the forum which contains the Prep Guide instructions I have linked to, do not post it here.

After that is done...this topic in AII will be closed.

Thanks .

Louis

MRL topic posted at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596572/unable-to-access-task-manager-error-access-is-denied/ , this topic is now closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596543/unable-to-access-task-manager-error-access-is-denied/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I am unable to access my task manager on Windows as administrator Whenever I try to access it a Command window flashes on the screen quickly and that's it Same thing happens when taskmgr exe is clicked I was able to capture the command window error as the following C Users Brian Documents gt REG and HKCU Software to Task access Access - Manager denied Unable is Error: Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System v DisableTaskMgr t REG DWORD d f ERROR Access is denied Any help with this would be appreciated I have checked that TaskMgr is enabled Unable to access Task Manager - Error: Access is denied in the registry and have ran AVG Malwarebytes TDSS Killer RKill and Combofix and they didn't come up with anything Here is the FRST logs NetSvcs Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist it will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately One Month Created files and folders If an entry is included in the fixlist the file folder will be moved - - - - - - C Users Brian Downloads FRST txt - - - - - - D C FRST - - - - - - Farbar C Users Brian Downloads FRST exe - - - - - - C Users Brian Downloads hijackthis log - - - - - - Trend Micro Inc C Users Brian Downloads HijackThis exe - - - - - - D C Users Brian AppData Roaming Process Hacker - - - - - - C Users Brian Desktop Process Hacker lnk - - - - - - D C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Process Hacker - - - - - - D C Program Files Process Hacker - - - - - - wj C Users Brian Downloads processhacker- -setup exe - - - - - - C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Microsoft Office Excel Viewer lnk - - - - - - D C Program Files Microsoft Office - - - - - - D C Program Files MSECache - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Users Brian Downloads ExcelViewer exe - - - - - - Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Users Brian Downloads tdsskiller exe - - - - - - Bleeping Computer LLC C Users Brian Downloads rkill com - - - - - - C Users Brian AppData Local census cache - - - - - - C Users Brian AppData Local ars cache - - - - - - C Users Brian AppData Local sponge last runtime cache - - - - - - Trend Micro Inc C Windows system Drivers tmcomm sys - - - - - - Trend Micro Inc C Users Brian Downloads HousecallLauncher exe - - - - - - C Users Brian AppData Local housecall guid cache - - - - - - C Users Brian Documents TaskManager bat - - - - - - C Windows PFRO log - - - - - - C ComboFix txt - - - - - - D C Qoobox - - - - - - C Windows PEV exe - - - - - - C Windows MBR exe - - - - - - NirSoft C Windows NIRCMD exe - - - - - - SteelWerX C Windows SWREG exe - - - - - - SteelWerX C Windows SWSC exe - - - - - - C Windows sed exe - - - - - - C Windows grep exe - - - - - - C Windows zip exe - - - - - - D C Windows erdnt - - - - - - R Swearware C Users Brian Downloads ComboFix exe - - - - - - C Windows setupact log - - - - - - C Windows setuperr log - - - - - - D C Program Files Mozilla Firefox - - - - - - D C Users Brian AppData Roaming AVG - - - - - - C Users Public Desktop AVG Protection lnk - - - - - - D C ProgramData Avg - - - - - - D C Users Brian AppData Local AvgSetupLog - - - - - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Windows system Drivers avgldx sys - - - - - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Windows system Drivers avgmfx sys - - - - - - D C Program Files Common Files Java - - - - - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Windows system Drivers avgidsdriverx sys One Month Modified files and folders If an entry is included in the fixlist the file folder will be moved - - - - - - C Windows Tasks Adobe Flash Player Updater job - - - - - - C Windows Tasks GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA job - - - - - - H C Windows system B FB - B- e-B - C E B - P- C -A - d- - D A - - - - - - H C Windows system B FB - B- e-B - C E B - P- C -A - d- - D A - - - - - - C Windows WindowsUpdate log - - - - - - C Windows Tasks GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore job - - - - - - D C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared - - - - - - D C ProgramData MFAData - - - - - - D C ProgramData NVIDIA - - - - -... Read more

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Here is the FRST logs:Your your is not complete. Please post the complete FRST log for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596572/unable-to-access-task-manager-error-access-is-denied/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I'm posting this here in an attempt to fix a problem access ok, safe access mode to network - is is internet ok Unable with a laptop with no internet access in normal windows mode I believe I've cleaned all viruses off but need independent verification Spybot S D and MB's AntiMalware both report a clean machine but again would like verification Here's the DDS log and the attach file is attached DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Reason at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton On-access scanning enabled Updated A F BC C-EA - - Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok C- C FW Norton enabled C A - A C- AD -A E - C FBF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Safari Safari exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Documents and Settings Reason Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp hotmail com uSearch Page hxxp www google comuSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuDefault Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q suURLSearchHooks AOLTBSearch Class ea - - db- f -d ca fb c d - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dlluURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO e a - - d f-beae-d a c - c program files common files symantec shared coshared browser NppBho dllBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dllBHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO AOL Toolbar Launcher c - cb - a -b f - ea c f - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B E dllBHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files bae BAE dllTB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllTB AOL Toolbar de c f- - a - b-aa ed d - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dllTB Show Norton Toolbar -f - -b -fbee c b df - c program files common files symantec shared coshared browser UIBHO dllTB amp Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program fi... Read more

A:Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231154/unable-to-access-internet-safe-mode-access-is-ok-network-is-ok/
Relevancy 43.86%

I cannot connect to the internet using Internet Explorer but can connect successfuly with Firefox I am using a wired connection through a 'speedtouch' router supplied with AOL Broadband I can to Mozilla IE with access Internet Firefox access but Unable with have AVG Free which i have recently re-installed and completed a full scan in which infection was found called FREDDY exe Unable to access Internet with IE but can access with Mozilla Firefox It also found instances of Spyware which it described as Generic Adware It also several low level warnings ALL OF THE ABOVE HAVE BEEN MOVED TO THE AVG VIRUS VAULT Contents of the DDS txt log are shown below DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Kerry Wolverson at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Unable to access Internet with IE but can access with Mozilla Firefox WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgscanx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Kerry Wolverson Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBR uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search live com results aspx q searchTerms amp src referrer source uStart Page hxxp www google co uk uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt uInternet Settings ProxyServer http localhost uSearchURL Default hxxp g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBR BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat reader activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Need Find Bar BHO d c e -a a- b-bcdb- b ef d - c program files need find bar bin ND FNBAR DLL BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO AVG Security Toolbar a a -bacc- d - - a e e - c progra avg avg AVGTOO DLL BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper bdbd dad-c - a -adc - b b ff d - c program files windows live toolbar msntb dll BHO x - No File TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll TB E B E -A D- B-B - B B - No File TB Windows Live Toolbar bdad dad-c - a -adc - b b ff d - c program files windows live toolbar msntb dll TB AVG Security Toolbar a a -bacc- d - - a e e - c progra avg avg AVGTOO DLL TB B EAC - D - B E- B -A C A A - No File TB CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun SynTPLpr c program files synaptics syntp SynTPLpr exe mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun Cpqset c program files hpq default settings cpqset exe mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe mRunOnce KB rundll exe apphelp dll ShimFlushCache dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE dRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B... Read more

A:Unable to access Internet with IE but can access with Mozilla Firefox

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please don't bold your posted logs. It makes them harder to read. Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-access-internet-with-ie-but-can-access-with-mozilla-firefox-367039.html
Relevancy 43.86%

hi
my son was on the internet on his IBM Thinkpad when numerous pop ups flashed up on the screen.

since then the program/document files on the c drive were all hidden, and we have been unable to get onto the internet.
i have managed to find the document files, but still no internet, and we are unable to access safe mode, or safe mode with networking.

when you try to go into safemode or safe mode with networking you get message saying a problem has been detected
you then have the option to go to the 3 safe mode types again. however this appears to be a never ending circle of error message, and back to this page!
the computer will start normally

any help will be most appreciated

gav

A:no internet access / unable to access safe mode

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdatePress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/444825/no-internet-access-unable-to-access-safe-mode/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I m having problems with creating a database from this Access ACCESS: A7 Building Microsoft MS in Queries questions I was able to do get to a MS ACCESS: A7 Building Queries in Microsoft Access point but won t show or missing something Can anyone help on these questions Display the CustomerNum CustomerName OwnerName Phone RestaurantType and FirstContact of customers who were first contacted in and The list should be sorted by the FirstContact date with the most recent at the top within RestaurantType in ascending order SQL Code I have but won t show anything SELECT Customer CustomerNum Customer CustomerName Customer OwnerName Customer Phone Customer Restaurant Type Customer FirstContact FROM Customer WHERE FirstContact gt AND FirstContact lt ORDER BY Customer Restaurant Type Write this query in SQL It should be your SQL code and not the one generated by Microsoft Access Show the CustomerNum OrderNum and InvoiceAmt for orders that were placed by customers with CustomerNum in the s that is numbers that fall between and or valued at or more Sort the list by CustomerNum in ascending order SQL Code that I have but missing the value at or more SELECT CustomerNum OrderNum InvoiceAmt FROM Order WHERE CustomerNum gt AND CustomerNum lt ORDER BY CustomerNum Display CustomerNum Paid InvoiceAmt and Loyalty Reward for customers who have paid their bills and had order values of or more The reward is calculated using the formula InvoiceAmt x - The column displaying the reward should carry the label quot Loyalty Reward quot and the reward values should be formatted to two decimal places Sort the list by CustomerNum in ascending order Show the CustomerNum OwnerName Kitchen Area InvoiceAmt and ZipCode for customers who are located in ZipCodes starting with and have InvoiceAmt between and The list should be sorted by CustomerNum SQL Code that I used not in the file but missing the starting zip code but still won t show anything SELECT Customer Query CustomerNum Customer Query OwnerName Customer ZipCode Restaurant Category Kitchen Area sft Order InvoiceAmt FROM Customer Query INNER JOIN Restaurant Category INNER JOIN Customer ON Restaurant Category Restaurant Type Customer Restaurant Type ON Customer Query CustomerNum Customer CustomerNum INNER JOIN Order ON Customer CustomerNum Order CustomerNum WHERE InvoiceAmt BETWEEN AND ORDER BY Customer Query CustomerNum Attached is the File on a zip as access file is not accepted The queries I m working from that I made for some of these are Customer Query Restaurant Type Order Query Thanks this will be a lot of help as I ve been trying to do this for the last days nbsp

A:MS ACCESS: A7 Building Queries in Microsoft Access

Is this for a school assignment?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-access-a7-building-queries-in-microsoft-access.1025708/
Relevancy 41.71%

Win x Acer- Everything seems to be working fine but as the title suggests when i unable disk Boot and in Menu, access boot to to Unable System Recovery tap F the Advanced boot options DO appear but when i engage quot Repair Windows quot it just goes into a normal boot Ive tried booting from my installation CD that i've purchased from Acer but Unable to access System Recovery in Boot Menu, and unable to boot disk does nothing And Yes My CD Drive is working as well having this set as top priority in BIOS and CD is in good condition In addition to this ive tried using the quot Advanced Recovery options quot from within Windows itself but when i go to click restart computer i get an error message with red-x stating windows is unable to restart Additional info that may be relevant is that a few months ago i had a friend work on my computer because windows wouldnt boot at all When My laptop was returned to me everything was fresh but there was missing programs etc He said he had to format the hard drive to get it up and running again Anyway i appreciate any help as to what i should i do next or answer any questions you may have-Thank-you

A:Unable to access System Recovery in Boot Menu, and unable to boot disk

Quote:
He said, he had to format the hard drive to get it up and running again.

What type of Windows DVD was used?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/325567-unable-access-system-recovery-boot-menu-unable-boot-disk.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Please help. I am unable to connect to any Microsoft or anti-virus site. When I attempt to connect, I either get Unable to Find Page message or get redirected to some random site. This just started today along with what I think is a phony security software download prompt. It lists several infected files and locks up my computer because I will not hit OK to download. I'm not sure, but I also think that my Facebook account has been hacked. There appears to be phony messages sent by my friends trying to lure me into watching a video.

Would a complete reinstall of Vista kill this problem? Thank you.

A:Unable to connect to Microsoft

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Quote:

Would a complete reinstall of Vista kill this problem?

A reformat and reinstall would. Most infections don't survive a reformat/reinstall. If you wish to go that route, here's a link to assist:

http://ist.mit.edu/services/software.../clean-install

If you wish to try to clean, we want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/unable-to-connect-to-microsoft-430629.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have tried many many times to download critical updates from the Microsoft website but I have always received error msgs telling me that Ill have to restart and try again but it never works. Now when I try it says "Administrators Only" even though nothing on my comp has changed. I tried to download an update I saw on a recent post and it told me that I must have Windows 2000 or later. I have Windows ME!!! Can anyone advise me what to do? Thanks.

A:Unable to download anything from Microsoft...

usually it'll say the OS affected by the problem. maybe ME doesnt need that critical update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-download-anything-from-microsoft.256707/
Relevancy 41.28%

Here goes. Since I have installed windows 8 I have been unable to access calendar,people apps and all the other panes. I changed my password a number of times to no avail. So I thought I would just remove my whole Microsoft account and start anew. I removed the account and tried to start another account but the new account refuses to take my e-mail. Since the e-mail is used in a number of programs including my live e-mail my question is: If I make up a new e-mail address will it change my regular e-mail which I don't want to change.

A:Unable to get microsoft account

If you closed the original MS account with that email then that email address is gone. You would have to set up another MS account with a different email address. Or it may let you use the same email address, haven't heard of any thing to the contrary.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/20347-unable-get-microsoft-account.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a problem.

When I installed Windows 10, during the Cortana setup process I was told to log in with my Microsoft account. When she brought up the window, everything but the minimize tab was gray and closed after 15 seconds. This happens every time and it also happens when I am trying to log in from the account settings or any other way to log into Microsoft on my PC. Works on Chrome, but not Edge. Any help??

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/31183-unable-log-into-microsoft-account-pc.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have Epson Printer, Stylus Photo RX595. Also, Windows Vista.
All of the sudden I am unable to print documents from Microsoft Excel. When I try to do so message states No printer installed. I contacted Epson. The tech went through tests & stated that there is no problem with the printer as I am able to print from my website. He told me to contact Microsoft. After many hours & 3 different techs, the problem is not solved. Per their instructions, I have reinstalled my printer 2 times. I have added a printer, then removed a printer etc. I have done many things but the problem still exists

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I Had this problem for a while now i received assistance on it twice and neither time helped first being from my boyfriend who works at quot Geek squad quot but he was simply to lazy to do anything thorough and just played with my Internet Explorer for about minutes before saying quot It s a much bigger problem quot then he went to sleep Enough about that The problem is simply i download Microsoft.com to from Unable cant download anything from Windows Microsoft website however i get quot Updates quot regularly I m using IE when i go to the sites but the ActiveX Script does not happen and i cannot use the Genuine Windows thing I Recieved my copy from windows through Dell and it worked at first fine but then it just Unable to download from Microsoft.com stopped I Had this issue on my previous computer some Three years ago And i resolved it by replacing a file in my Windows folder or something of the sort but it was such a long time ago and i cannot find any sites to help me with this I d appreciate assistance So Much it d be a huge pain to reinstall windows sense Dell never gave Unable to download from Microsoft.com me a windows install disk Either way when i go to install somthing such as quot Direct X End User Unable to download from Microsoft.com Runtime web installer quot Note i dont know what this is it s the first download link i found on the site After going through the quot Use Genuine Validation quot becuase no Active X script pops up i get sent to some random search engine with quot Could not find longsitehere quot And that s it on Firefox i simply get a quot Server not found quot error I Hope this helps you help me thank you nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

I am able to log onto my e-mail account using outlook from web but cant do it from the microsoft outlook program on my computer. please help

A:Unable To Log Onto Microsoft Outlook

You may have your settings wrong for your isp's servers.

Are they pop3 or ?

Call your isp and they should walk you through the settings.
(they may tell you they only support Outlook Experss but the settings will be the same for all email clients).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/64869/unable-to-log-onto-microsoft-outlook/
Relevancy 41.28%

In accessing Microsoft Word, or in accessing a saved Word document, both are served up; however, within seconds I get the following message:

MSGSRV has caused an error in UNIDRV.DLL. Winword will close now. If you continue to experience this problem, try restarting your computer.

Upoon closing the above window, the following window appears:

An error hs occurred in your program. To keep working anyway, click IGNORE and save your work in a new file. To quit this program, click CLOSE. You will lose information entered since your last save.

I have elected both of the above choices on separate occasions, with the same result: After rebooting, I get the MSGSRV error message described above.

Could you please forward to me the sequence of steps to be followed in fixing this problem?

Thank you!

Cordially

Geoheid

AMD ANTHLON 1600
512MB
Window ME
Microsoft Office 2000

Relevancy 40.42%

Windows bit is my OS I recently did a system refresh Since doing the system refresh I am unable to open Microsoft store I did all the steps from this http windowsinstructed com troubleshoot-windows-store-i I then went to Unable to Open Store Microsoft this http answers microsoft com en-us windows wiki windows this link was on the previous article I did a sfc scan and the result was windows did not find any integrity violations The article said that if I got that result to try step or ask a professional for Unable to Open Microsoft Store help I didn't run Unable to Open Microsoft Store the DISM scan Do you think I should run it On my apps screen by the Microsoft store tile the word error appears I also have error by a lot of other titles too many tiles to list I don't know if that information will help to solve the issue When I click on the store title it blinks for a few seconds then disappears On the start screen there is a white circle with a black X in the lower right corner of the tile How do I get the store to open Thanks for your help

Relevancy 40.42%

I have run many scans in normal and safemode
the same files kep reappearing. I have automatically and manually removed files.
the below is the location and name. I realize that something is reinserting it when the system resarts, but I can not find the culprit.
Any help would be appreciated.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\DhcpNameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.116.139 85.255.112.237 1.2.3.4 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232800/unable-to-download-or-update-from-microsoft/
Relevancy 40.42%

Suddenly I am unable to open my microsoft word 2000, or any existing documents in word. I uninstalled and tried to re-install microsoft word, but upon installation I got the message: Unable to access configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server.
Can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suddenly-unable-to-use-microsoft-word2000.776543/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi. I am new here. My name is Ken. I have a problem. This Microsoft update repeatedly fails on my automatic updates. I try to do it manually, still no luck.: Security Update for Microsoft Works 9 (KB2754670) Any suggestions?

A:Unable to download Microsoft update, HELP!

Hello Ken and welcome to the forums

Would you mind following these instructions please:

Windows Update Posting Instructions

They will shed a little light on your problem.

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/278947-unable-download-microsoft-update-help.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have Vista on my Toshiba laptop. I was able to install Microsoft Office Student and Home version, but I can not activate it online. I turned off my firewall and tried to add Microsoft Office in the add programs to be allowed thru "browse" but it didn't recognize the new version of MO. It only showed my trial 60 days of MO.
I have had many problems trying to download different items with this Vista operating system. We took off Norton Anti virus software and I now use AVG anti-virus free if this helps determine my problem.
Looking for suggestions to this problem!

Relevancy 40.42%

When attempting to install the .Net Framework: I received the following message:
“Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 has encountered a problem during setup. Setup did not complete correctly.”

Another dialogue box then indicated:
Patch packet could not be opened. Verify that the patch packet exists or that you can access it or contact the application vendor that this is a valid windows installer patch

I then attempted to run the Windows Update. Instead of installing, an error message indicated that some of the updates were not installed:
Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)

Therefore, I am unable to install Microsoft business contacts, Microsoft accounting 2008 and more. Plz advise

Relevancy 40.42%

I am trying to print a word document from my desktop but when I do I get an error message saying 'no printers are installed.' There are however 3 printers installed in addition to the virtual printers such as PDF ect. If I open the same document in Adobe reader or acrobat as a PDF I can print it. Is there some setting in Word I need to change to be able to print from Word?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625386/unable-to-print-from-microsoft-word/
Relevancy 40.42%

For several months, I have trying to install Microsoft.Net Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows 2000 & XP (KB979906). How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks
Niecey12

A:Unable to install Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1

Do you need it ? If not, I'd just turn it off. Troubleshooting .NET is a mess. It's not like standard programs that you can simply Add/Remove.

If you need it, want to learn, or are very stubborn, try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320112

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-install-microsoft-net-framework-1-1-a-500569.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Recently after a Hard Drive went belly up I bought a new HD re-installed any Microsoft to Unable install Games Windows XP and step by step re-installed my software and games as I needed them I installed MS Flight Simulator which went OK Unable to install any Microsoft Games and Unable to install any Microsoft Games I m flying well Then I decided to reinstall Combat Flight Simulator but keep getting an error quot Microsoft Games AutoRun Setup has encountered a problem and needs to close cetc etc etc quot In details the cause is always ebu exe sometimes it has a number ie ebu exe but always ebu exe I ve tried everything I can reinstalled windows virus scanned adware scanned easycleaned scandisk - you name it I ve done it but still I can t get past this error I tried CFS and that came up with the FS splashscreen - CFS had a number of rerasons why THAT couldn t install and finally I tried Flight Simulator and back came the ebu exe error I would be more than grateful for any advice and am prepared to try anything tp overcome this problem I don t want to format and reinstall windows if I can help it cos I don t know if that wopuld be the solution Look forward to your comments Many thanks George Aldridge nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

I have Lenovo laptop Norton.com contact Unable or Microsoft.com to with following problem Cannot access Microsoft com to update drivers Automatic Update also does not work Installed Norton Anti-Virus from CD did system scan finds nothing Cannot get updates or connect to any Norton sites manually DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by grace Unable to contact Microsoft.com or Norton.com technology at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton AntiVirus On-access scanning disabled Outdated E A - - -B - C C F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system acs exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system tp mon exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Documents and Settings grace technology Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www en wikipedia org BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton antivirus engine IPSBHO DLL mRun TrackPointSrv tp mon exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup blueto lnk - c program files thinkpad bluetooth software BTTray exe IE Send to amp Bluetooth Device - c program files thinkpad bluetooth software btsendto ie ctx htm IE Send To Bluetooth - c program files thinkpad bluetooth software btsendto ie htm IE CCA CA-C - ef- - C D F - c program files thinkpad bluetooth software btsendto ie htm IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab Notify igfxcui - igfxdev dll SERVICES DRIVERS R SymEFA Symantec Extended File Attributes c windows system drivers nav d SymEFA sys - - R BHDrvx Symantec Heuristics Driver c windows system drivers nav d BHDrvx sys - - R ccHP Symantec Hash Provider c windows system drivers nav d ccHPx sys - - R IDSxpx IDSxpx c documents and settings all users application data norton c c - f d- f -aaa - ef e norton definitions ipsdefs IDSxpx sys - - R Norton AntiVirus Norton AntiVirus c program files norton antivirus engine ccSvcHst exe - - R EraserUtilRebootDrv EraserUtilRebootDrv c program files common files symantec shared eengine EraserUtilRebootDrv sys - - R WSIMD wsimd Service c windows system drivers wsimd sys - - S bdiix Boot Network c windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs - - Created Last - - ----a-r- c windows system drivers SymIM sys - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers SYMEVENT INF - - ----a-w- c windows system S EVNT DLL - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers SYMEVENT SYS - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers SYMEVENT CAT - - d-----w- c program files Symantec - - d-----w- c program files common files Symantec Shared - - d-----w- c windows system drivers NAV - - d-----w- c program files Norton AntiVirus - - d-----w- c docume alluse applic Norton - - d-----w- c program files NortonInstaller - - d-----w- c docume alluse applic NortonInstaller - - ----a-w- c windows system igfxres dll - - d-----w- C Intel - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers btkrnl sys - - ----a-w- c windows system btw ci dll - - d-----w- c program files ThinkPad - - d--h--r- c docume alluse applic Atheros - - d-----w- c program files Lenovo - - ----a-w- c windows system wpa bak Find M - - ----a-w- c windows system acs exe - - ----a-w- c windows system athcfg U dll - - ----a-w- c windows system athcfg resU dll - - ----a-w- c windows system wgapi dll - - ----a-w- c windows system wcapiU dll - - ----a-w- c windows system wcapi dll - - ----a-w- c windows system athcfg dll - - ----a-w- c windo... Read more

A:Unable to contact Microsoft.com or Norton.com

Hello BigBlue81Welcome to BleepingComputer ==========================Download OTL to your desktop.Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.===========Download This file. Note its name and save it to your root folder, such as C:\.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with this file.Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.Double-click on the downloaded file to start the program. (If running Vista, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")Allow the driver to load if asked.You may be prompted to scan immediately if it detects rootkit activity.If you are prompted to scan your system click "Yes" to begin the scan.If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.Save the file as Results.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.Exit the program and re-enable all active protection when done.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267671/unable-to-contact-microsoftcom-or-nortoncom/
Relevancy 40.42%

Lots of valuable information in that file I'd like to access. I was able to create a new Outlook file in safe mode so I guess the program is OK.

It was suggested to me recently the cause may have been due to me having Microsoft Service Pack 1 at the time. I had not updated to Service Pak 2 (which I now believe has been updated to Service Pak 3). Has anyone had experience with this and, if so, do you think there's a chance that if I update my Service Pak that I might still have a chance of recovering the data I had in my original Outlook file?

A:Still unable to open Microsoft Outlook

I dont think just upgrading to service pack 3 would do any good.

May be you need some more luck there.

Hope you get the help you need

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/still-unable-to-open-microsoft-outlook.110662/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi
I may have deleted some sort of association to access microsoft office program. Also the same thing with Outlook Express but I just downloaded another one from the internet (outlook express). My computer (Compaq) came with the program so I don't have the cd to reload the program.
When I try to open the Office it says there is no program for this but I have found office files with the search.
Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dan2004
P.S. Hoping I don't have to buy the cd!!!!!!

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi Guys I m having some trouble with a laptop that was brought to me with an issue where or browse to Unable Microsoft to Google it will not browse to Google or Microsoft however most other sites are fine for example I can browse to Overclockers co uk without any issues I have done a lot of searching for this issue and so far have not found the answer The laptop is a Toshiba Equium A it s pretty old now to rule most things out straight away I have reinstalled the OS on this laptop and it still has the same problem The laptop has been on three different networks all with the same issue I can ping Google com and I have tried browsing to the IP address thinking its a DNS issue but this does not work either The laptop has no software other than the drivers which were downloaded from the Toshiba website and the OS itself Pretty much at a loss now as to what else to try Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Unable to browse to Google or Microsoft

Check the Hosts file, in case some "wag" has entered some redirection there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-browse-to-google-or-microsoft.1156842/
Relevancy 40.42%

I had been unable to download from the Microsoft website since 2 weeks ago, I couldn't download window live messenger or any other application from Microsoft website. I am using XP professional SP3. My windows messenger is outdated and to continue using it i must upgrade to the latest version but each time i try to download from Microsoft website my browser goes offline.. i learned it could be a hidden malware but i am not sure . I really need help

A:I am unable to download from Microsoft websites.

Are you using IE or some other browser? Many of MS downloads require you to use IE to download with.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/315925/i-am-unable-to-download-from-microsoft-websites/
Relevancy 40.42%

Why is it that when I attempt to switch from Microsoft VM to Java Vm I get a message stating that I am unable to make the switch? The message says (1) make sure that Mozilla is properly installed, and (2) make sure that I "have sufficient permissions" to make the switch, whatever that means.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who can help me with this matter.

Thank you.

Relevancy 40.42%

lately i am unable to open programs that seem to be made by Microsoft such as excel and IE7. I can open other programs but they dont function fully. I can open system restore but cant restore. i can open WMP11 and use it but after its minimized i cant open it up again.

i ran avg, adaware, pest scan and registry mechanic and i still dont know what to do.

A:Unable to open Microsoft Programs

Hi and welcome. Please don't duplicate post. Since you posted a hijack this log, I'm going to leave that thread open and close this one.
http://forums.techguy.org/malware-r.../724866-programs-wont-open-vista-freezes.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-open-microsoft-programs.724863/
Relevancy 40.42%

I was directed here from http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/956561-why-cant-i-get-onto.html

I think a virus might be causing me to be unable to get to microsoft.com. Because my computer was clean according to malwarebytes. But the problem persist.

Anyknow know a good anti-malware and virus removal software that can help solve my problem?

Relevancy 40.42%

I have a dell inspiron 1525 running vista home premium with service pack one pre installed. When I try to do a windows update the pop up partially opens and then freezes. I do a control-alt-delete to access the task manager and end the program as it says its unresponsive. I then see a box that says windows explorer is not responding and then windows explorer restarts. I had this same problem with my Dell XPS 420 and their tech had me delete sp1. It seems to update fine now. I do not see sp1 on the 1525 as a download so I don`t know how to delete it. Not sure if that is the problem though. I have zonelabs security suite running but makes no difference when I turn it off. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 40.42%

Is the Microsoft Community web site doing maintenance??
When I go to the web site I cant find anywhere to post.
I'm able top view post but that's about it.
Any ideas?
James

A:Unable to Post to Microsoft Community

I see it now.
It's under "Participate" ,menu

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/35807-unable-post-microsoft-community.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Windows bit is my OS I recently did a system refresh Since doing the system refresh I am unable to open Microsoft store I did all the steps from this How to Fix Windows Store Not Working When I ran the command prompt like the above article suggested these are the results I don't know what the results Microsoft Store to Unable open mean I don't know the next steps to resolve Unable to open Microsoft Store the issue I then went to this Troubleshooting Component Store System Files Corruption - Microsoft Community this Unable to open Microsoft Store link was on the previous article I did a sfc scan and the result was windows did not find any integrity violations The article said that if I got that result to try step or ask a professional for help I didn't run the DISM scan Do you think I should run it On my apps screen by the Microsoft store tile the word error appears I also have error by a lot of Unable to open Microsoft Store other titles too many tiles to list I don't know if that information will help to solve the issue When I click on the store title it blinks for a few seconds then disappears On the start screen there is a white circle with a black X in the lower right corner of the tile When I clicked on the black X I got the following pop up This app can't open There's a problem with the apps name is here contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it How do I repair or reinstall apps How do I get the store and other tiles to open I am unable to add a new user account I get error messages when trying to do so I have the same issue when I try to open pc settings Would running this software Tweaking com - Windows Repair help to resolve the issues I am having Thanks for your help

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/125856-unable-open-microsoft-store.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI RADEON XPRESS Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI AMETHYST-M Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled After downloading using a video file converter days ago which may or may not be the cause I am now unable to use any Microsoft programs at all These include at least msconfig help amp support IE Outlook Microsoft Money It appears that the registry has been corrupted I tried Microsoft unable XP to programs in open to use system restore using several different dates but it failed every time including in safe mode When trying to open MS money error msg see attached states already running but it s not kill it in task manager it can t even be opened catch- even uninstalled amp re-installed from disk still the same unable to open Microsoft programs in XP It seems something is preventing me from repairing any Microsoft programs Ran scans on AVG found nothing Ran Malwarebytes found amp removed several items see attached I m stuck Can you help nbsp

A:unable to open Microsoft programs in XP

let mbam fix the things it found
reboot then

follow advice here and post the logs those programs make

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-open-microsoft-programs-in-xp.1089294/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all, not sure if this post is in the correct forum.

Im having a slight problem downloading an files from microsoft servers, im trying to get visual c# express but when i click on the download linke the site times out. This happens with firefox, internet explorer and FreshDownload (Download Manager). I have tried resetting my router and resetting my network connection but to no avail. I have also tried to download msn messenger but i get the same timeout.

The copy of windows i have is XP Pro x64, Legal and Genuine Validated

Anyone have any ideas whats going on?

Thanks Themodem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-download-from-microsoft-servers.530538/
Relevancy 40.42%

I am unable to open any Microsoft websites.

I have resetted the Internet explorer.
I am able to use the Microsoft website in safe mode with networking but iam no able to browse Microsoft sitre in Normal mode.
Any suggestions appreciated

A:Unable to open any Microsoft websites

First thing I would do is run some through scans with an Antivirus program and Antispyware programs.

Some free and safe ones

Download FREE antivirus software - avast! Home Edition
Free ESET Online Antivirus Scanner
Malwarebytes.org
The home of Spybot-S&D!
SUPERAntiSpyware.com - AntiAdware. AntiSpyware. AntiMalware.
Windows Defender

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/223166-unable-open-any-microsoft-websites.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a virus or Trojan, not sure which that is preventing me from starting Microsoft Security Essentials.  When I try to start MSE, I get the following message:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file.  You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

I have tried reinstalling MSE, but I get a message that says the downloaded file is infected with a virus and that the download file has been deleted.

If I try to download other anti-virus software (not all) I get a message that says that those download files are also infected with a virus and have been deleted.

Regards,

Virgil

A:Unable to run Microsoft Security Essentials

Hello gbtswengineer I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.I would like you to run this program for me.Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499000/unable-to-run-microsoft-security-essentials/
Relevancy 40.42%

I am having a problem with installing Microsoft Updates and am concerned that it may be caused by spyware on my computer. I am able to download the updates ok, but then when the download is complete an error message automatically pops up saying that the update was unable to be installed. I am using Windows XP, which had to be reinstalled at the beginning of this year due to a crash when trying to install SP2. I have been trying to install all of the 37 updates that were erased as a result of the crash, and keep running across this problem. Thanks in advance for any assistance/advice.

A:Unable to Install Microsoft Updates

Hi and Welcome to TSF

Before attacking an adware/spyware problem with hijackthis make sure you have already run the following tools. Download and update the databases on each program before running. Ad-Aware? SE Personal Edition
Spybot Search & Destroy
CWShredder

Also make sure you are using the the latest version (1.99.1) of HijackThis and it's installed in it's own folder on the root drive. (C:\HJT)

After you run all those programs...download hijackthis and do a scan. Save the log and post it in this thread.

*Please go here (Microsoft website) using Internet Explorer ( not Firefox or any other browser as they won't work)
*Click on "Windows Validation Assistant"
*Click on the "Validate Now" button.
*Be patient while the ActiveX loads, do not click on any links.
*Read the instructions on this page while it's loading. You will be prompted to install - click YES.
*Enter your product key then click "continue"
*When it says "Validation Complete" please click "Continue to return to your previous activity"
*Copy what it says and paste it here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-install-microsoft-updates-64756.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Windows Vista 32bit - I uninstalled IE9 as I needed to revert to IE8 in order to be compatible with a remote access system for work. I seem to have uninstalled it, but now the IE opens briefly as a blank page and then closes. I've tried installing IE8 again, but keep getting the message that there is a newer version already on the laptop. Any ideas?

A:Unable to open microsoft internet browser

Welcome
Go back to the original IE9 with a sytem restore. Then post and we will try to install 8 the correct way.
System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/296347-unable-open-microsoft-internet-browser.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi i've been getting this weird problem on my database server i noticed i cannot open www microsoft com i became www.microsoft.com to antivirus open websites or unable suspicious and then tried to open symantec or kaspersky and obviously none open internet is of course fine so i suspected some sort of spyware i then downloaded spybot did a full scan it found a couple of cookie issues apparently fixed them but still the problem is the same i then got ad-aware unable to open www.microsoft.com or antivirus websites and right now whenever i run a full scan seconds through i get a BSD says IRQL Not THE SAME OR EQUAL or sometihng like that here's my hijackthis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows unable to open www.microsoft.com or antivirus websites WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files unable to open www.microsoft.com or antivirus websites Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files HP Cissesrv cissesrv exeC WINDOWS system cpqrcmc exeC hp hpsmh data cgi-bin vcagent vcagent exeC WINDOWS system Dfssvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System ismserv exeC WINDOWS system ntfrs exeC sybase ASE- bin bcksrvr exeC sybase ASE- bin sqlsrvr exeC WINDOWS system sysdown exeC hp hpsmh bin smhstart exeC hp hpsmh bin hpsmhd exeC hp hpsmh bin rotatelogs exeC hp hpsmh bin rotatelogs exeC hp hpsmh bin hpsmhd exeC hp hpsmh bin rotatelogs exeC hp hpsmh bin rotatelogs exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system rdpclip exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system rdpclip exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC WINDOWS system mmc exeC WINDOWS System NOTEPAD EXEC WINDOWS System NOTEPAD EXEC WINDOWS System NOTEPAD EXEE Program Files MySQL MySQL Server bin mysqld-nt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL res shdoclc dll hardAdmin htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page res shdoclc dll hardAdmin htmO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS system msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run Ad-Watch C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User 'Default user' O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htmO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htmO - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - ESC Trusted Zone http mozilla mirror ac zaO - ESC Trusted Zone www mozilla comO - ESC Trusted Zone http www mozilla comO - ESC Trusted Zone http pv-mirror mozilla orgO - ESC Trusted Zone http mirror its uidaho eduO - ESC Trusted Zone http victoria acc umu seO - ESC Trusted Zone http windowsupdate comO - ESC Trusted Zone http windowsupdate com HKLM O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate b O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain O - HKLM Software Telephony DomainNa... Read more

A:unable to open www.microsoft.com or antivirus websites

Hello and to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.-----------------------------------------------------------We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREKind regardsNet_Surfer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/229327/unable-to-open-wwwmicrosoftcom-or-antivirus-websites/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi i am using xp sp i am unable to open microsoft com and other antivirus websites in normal mode but am able to access them in safe mode can any pls help thanks in advance A week ago the pc was infected with sality virus i ran a boot time scan using avast home edition and files were deleted i formatted the pc and sites microsoft.com antivirus & open to Unable re ran the test but Unable to open antivirus sites & microsoft.com dint find any infected file Unable to open antivirus sites & microsoft.com avast finds no virus in any drive now blink gif DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by AKS at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D FW Sunbelt Personal Firewall enabled B E- B - FC- EB-D D D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software Personal Firewall SbPFLnch exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software Personal Firewall SbPFSvc exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software Personal Firewall SbPFCl exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox Beta firefox exe C Documents and Settings AKS Desktop New Folder dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla DLASHX W DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO SingleInstance Class fdad da - a - fd - c - f ac - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exe mRun igfxpers c windows system igfxpers exe mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun NDSTray exe NDSTray exe mRun DLA c windows system dla DLACTRLW EXE mRun TFncKy TFncKy exe mRun AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe mRun CeEKEY c program files toshiba e-key CeEKey exe mRun avast c progra alwils avast ashDisp exe StartupFolder c docume aks startm programs startup stardo lnk - c program files stardock objectdock ObjectDock exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup ramasst lnk - c windows system RAMASST exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCB... Read more

A:Unable to open antivirus sites & microsoft.com

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230658/unable-to-open-antivirus-sites-microsoftcom/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Recently i discovered a series of numbered folders on my C drive I ve concluded that they are from failed attempts at installing the updates for Microsoft NET Framework I ve tried running the microsoft fixit program i ve also gone to the control panel and tried to repair the Microsoft NET Framework program but received the following quot fatal error during installation quot report that it Framework Microsoft unable to .NET 4 repair/update could not be fixed How do i fix Microsoft NET Framework I m not very computer savvy when unable to repair/update Microsoft .NET Framework 4 it comes to this sort of technical stuff i ve read something about having to uninstall all versions of Microsoft NET Framework which apparently is a tedious process that I d like to avoid if at all possible Also my computer won t let me delete the random numbered folders its creating on my hard drive even though I unable to repair/update Microsoft .NET Framework 4 m the only administrator on this computer and i actually have all my user controls turned off at the moment thanks in advance -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OS Version Platform Service Pack OS Description Vista - x Home Premium Edition Service Pack CommandLine quot C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SetupCache Client Setup exe quot repair x parameterfolder Client TimeZone W Europe Standard Time Initial LCID Using Simultaneous Download and Install unable to repair/update Microsoft .NET Framework 4 mechanism Operation Repairing Package Name Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile Setup Package Version User Experience Data Collection Policy Disabled Number of applicable items Exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SetupCache Client Windows -KB -v -x msu failed with x - Incorrect function MSI C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SetupCache Client netfx Core x msi Installation failed Msi Log Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile Setup -MSI netfx Core x msi txt Final Result Installation failed with error code x quot Fatal error during installation quot Elapsed time nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

All the security updates are downloaded on my computer but I cannot install them. I believe I am missing an wupdt (sic) file but I am not sure. I de-installed and reinstalled my xp professional program, but that did not help. I've tried countless hours trying to get help from Microsoft to no avail. Can you please help. Thank you very much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-microsoft-updates-after-downloading.274468/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have downloaded the dds scan and this is what it found DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by User at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV BitDefender Antivirus On-access scanning disabled Outdated FW BitDefender Firewall disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k Google Unable update microsoft to Redirecting, DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Steam Steam exe C program files ncsoft launcher NCLauncher exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system UAService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings User Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report mSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp internetsearchservice com search q searchTerms mSearchURL hxxp internetsearchservice Google Redirecting, Unable to update microsoft com mSearchAssistant hxxp internetsearchservice com BHO d -c f - efb- b - eca - Yahoo Toolbar Helper BHO NoExplorer - No File BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO F F - E -D - - D - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO CEE EC- - bc- B - DDC AB C - No File BHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - No File BHO D EBF- B - A - ED - FA FE - No File BHO e c -db -eb - a -baa b ff - No File BHO Google Redirecting, Unable to update microsoft E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows Google Redirecting, Unable to update microsoft live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO AE C C- CF- -B -C DC E - No File BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B E dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB amp Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll TB D DEE F-DB - BEB- FF -E F A E A - No File uRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe uRun Steam quot c program files steam Steam exe quot -silent uRun PlayNC Launcher c program files ncsoft launcher NCLauncher exe Minimized uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun BitTorrent DNA quot c program files dna btdna exe quot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun ISUSScheduler quot c program files common files installshield updateservice issch exe quot -start mRun ISUSPM Startup c progra common instal update isuspm exe -startup mRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun igfxpers c windows system igfxpers exe mRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exe mRun CanonSolutionMenu... Read more

A:Google Redirecting, Unable to update microsoft

Please reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/206823/google-redirecting-unable-to-update-microsoft/
Relevancy 39.99%

I cant seem to connect to Microsoft or Symantec for updates Ive tried looking into my quot hosts quot files for anything with Microsoft and didn t find anything Ive tried running Spybot in safe mode but i still cant connect Im running on Vista Ultimate Duel Core gigs I installed HJT and from my understandings a skilled person can tell me what to check off and click to Updates to included) for Unable log connect Microsoft (HJT quot Fix Checked quot If any more in formation Unable to connect to Microsoft for Updates (HJT log included) is needed please tell me Thx Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files n te razerhid exe C Program Files Razer Lachesis razerhid exe C Program Files Razer Lycosa razerhid exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcymon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Users Edd e AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Users Edd e AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files Razer Lachesis OSD exe C Program Files Razer Lycosa razertra exe C Program Files n te razertra exe C Program Files Razer Lachesis razerofa exe C Users Edd e AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exe C Users Edd e AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Users Edd e AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edd e AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edd e AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Lexmark Toolbar - A C- F - -A D-EDD AC F - C Program Files Lexmark Toolbar toolband dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B C AC BB E dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Lexmark Toolbar - A C- F - -A D-EDD AC F - C Program Files Lexmark Toolbar toolband dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program F... Read more

Relevancy 39.99%

When I am trying to open .xls file save in the drive by double clicking it, the MS EXCEL application opens up but the file is not opened.

If I used open option in MS EXCEL then the files open up but not by double clicking it.

The problem is in some EXCEL there are excels attached as object so I am unable to open those also.

I tried uninstalling and then installing again but that too of no use.

Relevancy 39.99%

This could be an OS or firewall related issue so I m asking here as i have yet to get a solution for this In our office running both Office and when trying to create a new document from a template ex business cards or letters I get a message that says quot Unable to connect to Microsoft Office Online quot with options quot Try again quot and quot Troubleshoot your internet connection quot Office has a third option quot Tell us what you are looking for quot The product is activated on both and I am able to connect directly via a browser to the template site here http office microsoft com en-au templates CTT I can ping microsoft com and have no other connectivity issues and our network firewall and the local firewall are not blocking anything Office-related as far as I know In fact on one computer I logged in as the local administrator and was able to connect doing the Online to connect to Office Microsoft Unable same thing then logged back in as a network user AND the network administrator and both Unable to connect to Microsoft Office Online failed once again What would cause this between accounts and FYI this method did NOT work on Unable to connect to Microsoft Office Online other computers logging in as the local admin This occurs on both Office and products is running on Windows is running on Windows XP Also I tried using the computer under the local admin account on our public network like a home network connected by cable modem using DHCP and it worked fine also if that makes any difference How can I fix this We would like to be able to use the program directly rather than having to use the link in a browser Please help Thanks

A:Unable to connect to Microsoft Office Online

Are there any local firewall's installed, and by local I mean like Windows Firewall?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453192/unable-to-connect-to-microsoft-office-online/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello, I am new to this forum.

My computer is unable to update. I have read that CBS logs can help to identify the issue. Here is what I have on mine.

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x00000000 servicing\Packages\Micࡲosoft-Windows-ServicingBaseline-Ultimate-Package~31bf3856ad364e″5~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385.mum Expected file name Microsoft-Windows-ServicingBaseline-Ultimate-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385.mum does not match the actual file name
(f) CBS Catalog Missing 0x00000002 servicing\Packages\Micࡲosoft-Windows-ServicingBaseline-Ultimate-Package~31bf3856ad364e″5~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385.cat

What does this mean?

I am unable to install new programs as well. Please help.

A:Unable to have update microsoft windows 7 ultimate

Please post the full reports...

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/322367-unable-have-update-microsoft-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I am unable to update Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta definitions It says AntiSpyware Microsoft Update - Beta1 Unable to I have the latest Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta1 - Unable to Update definitions updates when reality appears otherwise I have Microsoft AntiSpyware Version This version expires on Spyware Definition Version AM I understand that there are updates to the definitions as of Note the following in the diagnostic output for my definition version Definitions Increment Version Definitions ThreatAuditThreatData Definitions ThreatAuditScanData Definitions DeterminationData I know that Increment version must be prior to i e the update but the listing in http www wilderssecurity com showthread php t in the update alerts subforum below had different threat defs numbers that are less than above Definitions Increment Version Definitions ThreatAuditThreatData lt ---less than mine Definitions ThreatAuditScanData lt ---more Definitions DeterminationData lt ---more Is this a problem or a true variance depending on the AS tools you have running on your computer Why doesn t Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta update or what s going on here -- Tom Running Help- gt About Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta - gt Diagnostics I have Microsoft AntiSpyware version Windows OS XP Windows OS Version Info Windows OS Major Version Windows OS Minor Version Windows OS Build Current Path C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware Install Path C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware Session RunMode Session TimeBombDaysRemaining Session TimeBombExpirationDate Real-time protection running True Real-time protection enabled True Security Agents Application Enabled True Security Agents Internet Enabled True Security Agents System Enabled True Security Agents Checkpoints Definitions Update Date AM AutoUpdater Enabled AutoUpdater AutoApply Enabled Definitions Increment Version Definitions ThreatAuditThreatData Definitions ThreatAuditScanData Definitions DeterminationData Software Update Check Date AM AutoUpdater Software Enabled TotalThreatsDetected TotalScansRun LastScanDate PM Is US Locale True Locale Language English United States English Locale Country United States United States Processor Identifier x Family Model Stepping Processor Name Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz IE Version msvbvm dll vbscript dll gcUnCompress dll gcmd query dll openports dll SDelete dll gcASSoapLib dll gcPorttoProcess dll gcTCPObjLib dll gcasDtServ exe gcAntiSpywareLibrary dll gcIPtoHostQueue exe gcasServ exe gcasServAlert exe gcasServHook dll gcASHashLibrary dll gcASThreatAudit dll gcASCleaner exe GIANTAntiSpywareUpdater exe gcASPrivacyLib dll gcASShredCtxShell dll gcasSWUpdater exe gcSoftwareUpdateLib dll GIANTSpywareScan exe gcasDtServ Status Loaded gcasDtServ IsAuthorized True gcAntiSpywareLibrary Status Loaded gcAntiSpywareLibrary IsAuthorized True gcASThreatAudit Status Loaded gcASThreatAudit IsAuthorized True Now AM nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Recently restored my laptop with the factory disc. Not realizing that the works program was not on this disc. I have misplaced the seperate disc that came with the computer. In looking for the program in the hard drive, I have located the file with all of the sub-files that make up the microsoft works program. I have attempted to install this file in the hard drive, but all I get is a list of the files. Can not get it to work as a program. Anyone have any ideas that might resolve the problem?

A:Unable to get microsoft works to work as a program

You can only get it to work bi "installing" it from the valid CD, not by copying the program files, that fails to install the hundreds of complex registry keys needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-get-microsoft-works-to-work-as-a-program.736998/
Relevancy 39.99%

Iam anable to open any MS websites either with IE or FireFox Able to open Help! websites! Unable open to microsoft Solved: other websites I have tried adding quot s quot Solved: Unable to open microsoft websites! Help! to the quot http quot protocol but no luck Solved: Unable to open microsoft websites! Help! Then went to internet options and unticked the quot tsl quot option in Advanced tab again no luck Thus iam not able to manually download updates The XP pro has SP and SP installed All the drivers are in place To add to my woes SAS PRO and MBAM are Solved: Unable to open microsoft websites! Help! not getting updates too To survive i have installed AVG Anti-virus and it too is not getting updated I have turned off the windows firewall and the Comodo Firewall Pro The KIS disk is not installing as it is not being accessed by the dvd drive please see my post in quot General security quot When i run the diagnostic tool--i get the message that the PC is unable to access the FTP and the http and https are fine Please ask for any further info which i ve failed to mention I have unabled the quot WEB SHIELD quot in AVG too I request you all to give your inputs and iam grateful for all the help i receive nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

I am unable to post any computer information at this stage as I cannot get onto the internet with this Securities Unable Microsoft use Office and been disabled all to computer so will need advice on how Unable to use Microsoft Office and all Securities been disabled to run the programmes that you require I have access to lap tops so can download and copy over We are unable to access any Microsoft Office programmes as this comes up Microsoft Office cannot Unable to use Microsoft Office and all Securities been disabled verify the license for this application A repair attempt failed or was cancelled by the user The application will now shut down At the same time our McAfee Security Centre SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes were disabled Malwarebytes has no database I am currently in safemode saving a few files that I haven t backed up recently Just after the computer started playing up we got a phone call from foreigner saying he was from Windows telling us we have a virus Probably a coincidence or have they managed to get onto our computer Anyway we told him politely where to go Can someone please advise the best steps to take Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-use-microsoft-office-and-all-securities-been-disabled.1125113/
Relevancy 39.99%

Able to open folders. But unable to open files in the folders. Double click on a file and a matching icon appears w/a $~file name under it.

A:Unable to open any files in Microsoft Word

Lorraine,

Can you open files that are not associated with MS Word?
How are you trying to open the files, by double-clicking in Explorer/My Computer, or using File, Open in Word?

Roger

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-open-any-files-in-microsoft-word.46982/