Windows Support Forum

What's this event in event viewer? (event source WinMgmt)

Q: What's this event in event viewer? (event source WinMgmt)

Thanks for any help.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: WinMgmt
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5603
Date: 28/11/2006
Time: 17:57:33
User: USER-2F62D3344E\user
Computer: USER-2F62D3344E
Description:
A provider, OffProv11, has been registered in the WMI namespace, Root\MSAPPS11, but did not specify the HostingModel property. This provider will be run using the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests. Ensure that provider has been reviewed for security behavior and update the HostingModel property of the provider registration to an account with the least privileges possible for the required functionality.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: What's this event in event viewer? (event source WinMgmt)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: What's this event in event viewer? (event source WinMgmt)

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;891642
this might help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/whats-this-event-in-event-viewer-event-source-winmgmt-128694.html
Relevancy 124%

EDIT: ARGH, sorry, meant to post this in General Discussion forum, I have no idea if it is a network issue.

Hello everyone,

I keep seeing this error appear several times a day, even during idle, in my Event Viewer. I did a clean install of build 10586 less than a month ago. I'm not having any overt issues yet, but the error is disturbing.

SettingSyncHost (9144) {979B90BD-0F81-4D83-B038-62032DD17C47}: Database C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync\metastore\meta.edb: Index deleteDetection of table items is corrupted (0).
I have spent a few hours researching this and I can't find any reports of similar issues or even what the file metastore\meta.edb is for. Is this hopefully one I can just rename and it'll automatically create a new one?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32490-event-viewer-errors-settingsynchost-source-esent-event-467-a.html
Relevancy 124%

Well I tryed to manage page-file but unfortunataly it resulted in problems Then I lost VAIO-CARE and ZIP files too When I open Event Viewer every single day I see this event Viewer 2002, EapHost, Log Event Source: Application Event Id Id Souce Eap Host Log name Application and number of Eventes As I am desparate about that What sould I do Reinstall VAIO-care or WHAT Event Viewer Event Id 2002, Source: EapHost, Log Application else Please help me Well I can say that before of all I tryed to install vopt latest version but it was not freeware and I soon had to uninstall it but it was not getting to uninstall from programs and features and then I used register editor to delete the leftovers which desapered from program and features but I can see several error in event viewr such as Event MsInstaller gt gt gt gt Product Vaio Media Plus -- Error - An instalation for the product Vaio Media Plus cannot be found Try the installation again using a valid copy of the instalation package 'VMP VEPMMx msi' So should I reinstall all vaio care or not By the way I tryed to install vopt in order to align files in hard drive but when I tryed to manage page file it did not work as should have so I lost vaio care What to do can you figure out what going on

A:Event Viewer Event Id 2002, Source: EapHost, Log Application

Welcome to the forums Marioo!

Have you tried a system restore to a point before these errors started? (Easiest things first) You could also try a sfc/scannow, to find and possibly repair any corrupted system files. We have many fine tutorials here at the forums, written by some very knowledgeable people, heres a link to one if you haven't did this before :

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319083-event-viewer-event-id-2002-source-eaphost-log-application.html
Relevancy 122.76%

A week ago I started getting this warning errors logged three to six times or more per day in Event Viewer Event Viewer Warning - Source is e yexpress - Event ID is Intel R V- Gigabit Network Connection Link has been disconnected Every time Event Viewer logs the e yexpress warning it follows up with this logged warning Event Viewer Warning - Source is DNS Client Events - Event ID is Name 27 - e1yexpress Warning - Event Event Viewer ID Source resolution for the name isatap Event Viewer Warning - Source e1yexpress - Event ID 27 home timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Not every time but a lot of times Event Viewer also logs this warning right after it logs the isatap home warning Event Viewer Warning - Source is DNS Client Events - Event ID is Name resolution for the name teredo ipv mocrosoft com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Today I installed updated drivers for my Intel R V- Gigabit Network Connection but Event Viewer Warning - Source e1yexpress - Event ID 27 after hours of no logged error warnings they started up again and I got three sets of the above logged in a minute time frame My system is two years old and as far as I know I have never had these errors logged before My motherboard is a Asus Rampage III Extreme Any ideas on how to get event viewer to stop logging these A google Event Viewer Warning - Source e1yexpress - Event ID 27 search really did not offer any real clues on what to try other than updating my Intel R V- Gigabit Network Connection drivers which did not solve the problem

A:Event Viewer Warning - Source e1yexpress - Event ID 27

Well after trying everything google came up with to try, including updating drivers to the latest version, rolling drivers back to the default Win7 version, disabling SIPS and a few others things I decided to call Verizon and see what they had to say. As soon as I told Verizon Tech Support that my error code was "e1yexpress - Event ID is 27
Intel(R) 82567V-2 Gigabit Network Connection Link has been disconnected", they told me not our problem take your PC to a shop. I called back a couple of hours later and talked to a different person and this time I only said that I was getting the Event 1014 time out errors. They had me do a few things in a cmd prompt and then said we do not know, but we can send you a router, I said fine, I will try the router.

Well it has been over a week since installing the new router and no error codes at all so it was the router!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/250403-event-viewer-warning-source-e1yexpress-event-id-27-a.html
Relevancy 109.43%

Well the WinMgmt file is not my favorite this week I have a Win K prof MHz mb ram PC that has the followin in the application event viewer log Event Type Error Event Source WinMgmt Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer WIN K-SERVER Description WMI ADAP was unable to load the winspool drv performance library due to an unknown problem within the library x From searching this site - I found this link http support microsoft com support kb articles Q ASP But it 37... log WinMgmt Win2K Viewer Application Event error - speaks in a language I don t understand Plus it is saying a lot of things that I know nothing about counter The site suggests several things but I don t know which one to do Win2K Application Event Viewer log error - WinMgmt 37... to solve my problem Also from searching this site - I found this link http support microsoft com support kb articles Q ASP I don t know which one relates to my problem I use this computer to share my cable modem with other computers on a network I also have it as a file server and counter-strike game server It also hosts serveral small web pages for me If this makes any difference - C is NTFS and the rest are FAT Please help Thanks Cory nbsp

Relevancy 106.33%

Description:
Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000060, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 ba60578c.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 64 100000d
0020: 31 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 1 Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
0030: 30 30 30 30 36 30 2c 20 000060,
0038: 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 32 00000002
0040: 2c 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 , 000000
0048: 30 30 2c 20 62 61 36 30 00, ba60
0050: 35 37 38 63 578c

Some body can help me ?

A:Random restarts Source:System Error Event Category: (102) Event is 1003

Inside the 1 MiniDump:

BugCheck 100000D1, {60, 2, 0, ba60578c}
Probably caused by : nvata.sys ( nvata+1378c )Click to expand...

Uninstall the nvidia drivers from the control panel
Download and install the latest drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-restarts-source-system-error-event-category-102-event-is-1003.114199/
Relevancy 106.02%

The exact details are Log Name:      Application
Source:        SideBySide
Date:          9/23/2015 1:28:53 PM
Event ID:      80
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Angela-PC
Description:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Slingplayer Desktop\Slingplayer Desktop.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component
version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.18837_none_fa3b1e3d17594757.manifest. Component 2: C:\windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.18837_none_41e855142bd5705d.manifest.

if someone can help with this error in my event log i would be so grateful.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e5869722-266d-464f-b50d-4533d5044af2/windows-operating-system-version-61760016385-event-id-80-event-source-sidebyside?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 106.02%

received three error codes in a row with the following error message:Windows Operating System; Version: 6.1.7600.16385; Event ID: 11; Event Source: Disk, what do i do i need help please.........
HP,WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM

A:Windows Operating System; Version: 6.1.7600.16385; Event ID: 11; Event Source: Disk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-operating-system-version-6-1-7600-16385-event-id-11-event-source-disk.924498/
Relevancy 105.71%

no info comes up with diagnosis/analysis for this URGENT item in Event Log...was directed to you for further assistance.      Add'l/same problem w/Event ID 100. Please advise ASAP?  Tnx, Karen

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4417c398-4c6f-4996-9f82-80faf177d374/event-id-8-event-source-microsoftwindowsdiagnosisscheduled?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 105.4%

I was running DMark and got a BSOD code After that every Event and every time Logs BSOD After 3011 ID Event I boot Viewer 3012 time I boot Event Viewer logs Error Codes ID and Attached are screenshots of both I googled this and found two different threads where someone suggested to rebuild the performance counters After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot Both responses were basically the same below is one Neither of the OP's came back and said if this worked for After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot them Re LoadPerf Hi- I had the same problem with LoadPerf and here is what I found out All performance counter names and explain text are maintained in string tables managed by the performance counter subsystem Perflib The current contents of the performance counter string tables are corrupted and cannot be displayed To correct the problem rebuild the string tables User Action To rebuild the string tables on the computer that displayed the message at the command After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot prompt type Lodctr r The contents of the string tables are automatically rebuilt I hope this helps Since this was from XP and the other response was for Vista I wanted to see if the guru's at SevenForums thought that this was okay before I did this Here are the screenshoots of my two errors

A:After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot

Rebuilding the string tables as outlined in my first post fixed the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305115-after-bsod-event-viewer-logs-event-id-3012-3011-every-time-i-boot.html
Relevancy 105.4%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:HELP need to solve this problem asap - Unable to start event viewer/event log service

Fire up regedit and find this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog

With "Eventlog" highlighted on the left pane, you should be able to see a value called "ImagePath" on the right. ImagePath should be equal to this:

%SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted

If you can't see "ImagePath" in that location, or if it's not set to the text above, that's almost certainly your problem. If you're in the habit of using "registry cleaners", that might be the cause.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/223413-help-need-solve-problem-asap-unable-start-event-viewer-event-log-service.html
Relevancy 105.4%

Hi keep getting the errors above every startup regarding - Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications - The Crypkey License service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified - The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load NetworkX - Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles 7026), 7: viewer event Windows freeze. and errors intellipoint Event (11, 7000, leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Classes Process Device HarddiskVolume Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - CLASSES - The content source lt csc S- - - - - - Windows 7: Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze. - gt cannot be accessed Context Application SystemIndex Catalog Details HRESULT x x I have admin user profiles Each time I login the loading happens and then I notice my side mouse button of Microsoft Comfort Optical doesnt operate as customised in Intellipoint It takes a long time before it does respond If I try to launch event viewer or mouse customisation softwares they freeze temporarily and I have to force close them shows me a windows shell error Windows 7: Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze. when I do this I've tried System restore and safe mode and many solutions via google associated with symptoms and error ids but no avail Please help me fix this - Thanks

A:Windows 7: Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603889/windows-7-event-errors-11-7000-7026-intellipoint-and-event-viewer-freeze/
Relevancy 105.4%

Hi keep getting the errors above every startup regarding - quot Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications quot 7000, viewer errors event (11, and Event intellipoint freeze. 7026), - quot The Crypkey License service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified quot - quot The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load NetworkX quot - quot Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze. leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Classes Process Device HarddiskVolume Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - CLASSES quot - quot The content source lt csc S- - - - - - - gt cannot be accessed Context Application SystemIndex Catalog Details HRESULT x x quot I have admin user profiles Each time I login the loading happens and then I notice my side mouse button of Microsoft Comfort Optical doesnt operate as customised in Intellipoint It takes a long time before it does respond If I try to launch event viewer or mouse customisation softwares they freeze temporarily and I have to force close them shows me a windows shell error when I do this I've tried System restore and safe mode and many solutions via google associated with symptoms and error ids but no avail Please help me fix this - Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390571-event-errors-11-7000-7026-intellipoint-event-viewer-freeze.html
Relevancy 105.4%

Hi I was hoping somebody could offer an insight on the below as searching around I've not found much to go on other than quot overheating quot Basically my laptop has Home (W7 event 18/19 Viewer errors WHEA-Logger in Event Premium) been having very high temperatures for a long time usually C for CPU and often - for GPU insanely high in other words For example see how hot the machine gets just by resuming from a sleep this is all within a minute or so I have been seeing the following error in event viewer each time I start Windows entries for some time So today I bit the bullet and had the back cover off the laptop and noticed what a bad state the thermal compound was in for both the CPU and the chipset WHEA-Logger event 18/19 errors in Event Viewer (W7 Home Premium) chip so wiped it off using TIM Cleaner and then applied new thermal compound and put the laptop back together I was actually shocked because for the first time since I can remember I could feel cold air blowing from the vents of my laptop I logged into Windows and noticed that my temperatures had fallen and were staying at around the below Not as low as I'd like but a massive improvement Trouble is I am still getting the WHEA-Logger event errors in Windows Event Viewer 'processor core' and wondered if this was not in regards to overheating after all The plus side is my laptop is now almost totally silent - the way it must have been when I bought it new years ago But I was wondering how to investigate these WHEA-Logger errors if anyone has any advice that'd be great Thanks PS - I think I accidentally got some TIM Cleaner spilt on the carpet Might be nothing to worry about but I did notice the quot Harmful quot hazard symbol on the bottle - need I be worried and no I am not talking about the carpet talking about me and wondering how harmful it actually is lol Cheers

A:WHEA-Logger event 18/19 errors in Event Viewer (W7 Home Premium)

First, well done on applying the thermal paste to the cpu/gpu. I assume you cleaned the vents as well. Did you use arctic silver 5 (just curious)?

I wonder if the processor could have been damaged from the heat. Are you experiencing any BSODs or other problems? You can run Prime95 to test your system. And Furmark for gpu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/210307-whea-logger-event-18-19-errors-event-viewer-w7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 105.4%

Hi keep getting the errors above every startup regarding - quot Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application The system administrator should review the list intellipoint Event freeze. (11, viewer 7026), event errors and 7000, of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications quot - quot The Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze. Crypkey License service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified quot - quot The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load NetworkX quot - quot Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Classes Process Device HarddiskVolume Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - CLASSES quot - quot The content source lt csc S- - - - - - - gt cannot be accessed Context Application SystemIndex Catalog Details HRESULT x x quot I have admin user profiles Each time I login the loading happens and then I notice my side mouse button of Microsoft Comfort Optical doesnt operate as customised in Intellipoint It takes a long time before it does respond If I try to launch event viewer or mouse customisation softwares they freeze temporarily and I have to force close them shows me a windows shell error when I do this I've tried System restore and safe mode and many solutions via google associated with symptoms and error ids but no avail Please help me fix this - Thanks

A:Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze.

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!
Please contact an admin to move this thread, because this isn't the appropriate section for these kinds of problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/390571-event-errors-11-7000-7026-intellipoint-event-viewer-freeze.html
Relevancy 104.78%

After too many The 8.1 supported is request logs. Pro, (50) Viewer cannot open Win not event Event unexplained problems I decided to reinstall Windows Pro x and migrate off of SBS Standard In addition to the primary workstation that can't read any event logs I built five Server R servers Hyper-V host Active Directory VM Exchange VM SQL Server VM Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) and WSUS VM I was diagnosing why my workstation's Outlook cannot reach the local Exchange Server nbsp nbsp I tried to look at the event logs and Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) found the Event Viewer cannot open the event log or custom view nbsp Verify that Event Log service is running it is or the query is too long whatever that indicates nbsp The request is not supported Looking at the directory of the event logs folder nbsp It appears that most logs are empty which is understandable since Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) it's a rebuilt installation nbsp I found a small number of Applications and Services Logs and it appears nothing was logged since six days ago on nbsp nbsp On support forums I found many have this exact problem on Win Win and Win nbsp Of the solutions posted none of them would even execute on my Win Pro x machine nbsp I tried clearing the event logs WEVTUTIL CL logfilename and am told Failed to clear log The request is not supported nbsp It's very difficult to diagnose why Outlook cannot reach Exchange even if Outlook is installed on the Exchange server machine just as a test nbsp The web-based Outlook owa ecp all work fine nbsp Email is coming and going nbsp nbsp This may appear cynical but I'm sure Microsoft would tell me to refresh the Windows Pro X machine even though I just reinstalled from scratch nbsp Let's clarify I had to Install Win Pro to upgrade to Pro in order to upgrade that to Windows Pro nbsp I tested the refresh some time ago and found it left my machine in a mess nbsp That is why I'm doing a complete new installation I already tried SFC nbsp Someone must understand the problem so a solution can be found and documented When I discuss this rebuild effort of workstation and servers I tell people if this doesn't work out then I'll make the move to Linux nbsp I have many Linux and UNIX workstations and servers sitting around here so the temptation is eating away at me br type moz - Michael Faklis

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/22647500-d985-42bd-b156-6b699d7f941f/win-81-pro-event-viewer-cannot-open-event-logs-the-request-is-not-supported-50?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 104.78%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:Unable to start event viewer/event log service on vista

By the way the OS is a Vista Home Prem without SP1. and i have searched this problem extensively, finding no solutions.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-start-event-viewer-event-log-service-on-vista-367739.html
Relevancy 104.78%

It's been a while since I've experienced a BSOD as I'm viewing a video on youtube It would freeze as if the audio was caught watching videos Event Event BSOD Viewer on 41 in youtube, when in mid-stream then BSOD then would restart automatically I go to Event Viewer after windows as loaded and I see Event Kernel-Power in there I had this issue before and we found out that the motherboard was causing the issue I BSOD when watching videos on youtube, Event 41 in Event Viewer have also replaced my video card and added BSOD when watching videos on youtube, Event 41 in Event Viewer additional memory and expanded to gb Before I only have gb Ran sfc scannow with no errors found Going to do chkdsk as well It's strange because this does not happen at all when I'm playing online games or even just standard browsing It's when I play videos on youtube that there would be instances where this would happen There are other times where I can view them without any issue at all Any ideas would be great Also how can I attach the windows DMP file to scale it down as it is just really large Thanks again guys

A:BSOD when watching videos on youtube, Event 41 in Event Viewer

Hello Santos, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by later when able to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/324644-bsod-when-watching-videos-youtube-event-41-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 104.78%

System event not recording anything. It is empty, says "date is invalid(13)".

I have some flaky things going on like unexplained CPU spikes causing slowdowns and mouse drag. Also have video problems screen going blank then recovery.

I have reloaded video drivers to no avail. No system lockups or BSODs. I need to see system event log to debug. Other event logs OK. I am proficient on PC and have searched for event log problem. The Event Log service is running. Thanks.

hp pavilion dv9000
OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7100 @ 1.80GHz, 1801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.23, 10/3/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Adapter Type GeForce 8400M GS, NVIDIA compatible
Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
Adapter RAM 128.00 MB (134,217,728 bytes)

A:Solved: Vista, Event Viewer - system event log not recording

Did you check the - %SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs\System.evtx file? It may be corrupted and you may want to rename it to .old and let it recreate itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-event-viewer-system-event-log-not-recording.793436/
Relevancy 103.85%

I have noticed these in my event viewer appearing a lot and roughly around times when my computer decides to freeze up on me.

Event ID 7001, Service Control Manager
The Peer Networking Grouping service depends on the Peer Name Resolution Protocol service which failed to start because of the following error:
%%-2140993535

&

Event ID 7023, Service Control Manager
The Peer Name Resolution Protocol service terminated with the following error:
%%-2140993535

A:Event ID 7001 and 7023 Shows in Event Viewer a lot.

Just FYI - I usually ignore these errors when they show up.
BUT, if they're associated with freezes we'll need to have a deeper look.

Please post this info even though you're not reporting BSOD's: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237125-event-id-7001-7023-shows-event-viewer-lot.html
Relevancy 103.85%

I wanted to see who was viewing my computer and went to event viewer, under System > filter current log > power troubleshooter -- I found that the wake source for the system resuming from sleep was a device usb root hub, what does this mean?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/384110-event-viewer-power-troubleshooter-event-question.html
Relevancy 103.85%

Every time I boot my laptop I get error message Event ID 10 in Event Viewer. The details are:

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor"AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

I do believe that the error message is nothing to be concerned about from what I have read when I googled it, but nothing I read tells you how to get rid of it. Does anone know how I can get rid of this so it does not show up in event viewer everytime I boot?

A:Event Viewer Error Message Event ID10 - How to get rid of it?

idahosurge,
Read through the link below...
Hope it helps with your problem.

Event ID 10 is logged in the Application log after you install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/195338-event-viewer-error-message-event-id10-how-get-rid.html
Relevancy 103.85%

While playing war thunder on steam my screen went black and i couldn't do anything. I restart my computer and play again it crashes. After one more time i look at my event viewer and find critical error event ID:41. I don't whether its the game or my pc.

A:BSOD playing war thunder, Event viewer event 41

Critical error - Event ID 41 is (most likely) when you forced the system to restart (usually by holding the power button down).

You have a NETGEAR WG111v3 Wireless-G USB Adapter:

I do not recommend using wireless USB network devices. Especially in Win8/8.1 systems.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 and later - using Vista drivers with them is almost sure to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have Win8/8.1 drivers - DO NOT use Vista drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

I noticed that you don't have Secure Boot and/or UEFI enabled. If you were having problems with it and changed it, please let us know.

It's not necessary to enable it now. But, should you reinstall Windows at some point in the future, please enable it first.

I mention this because it may happen that (one day) the system won't boot. This can be caused by a program changing your UEFI settings, or an update of the UEFI resetting it to default values.

To test and see if this is the cause, boot into the UEFI and see if the settings have been changed. If uncertain, try with Secure Boot both on and off (and the UEFI on UEFI or Legacy (CSM))

If it still doesn't boot after trying this, then move on to other troubleshooting tools as it's not likely to be due to this.

Black screen errors are notoriously difficult to troubleshoot. Let's start with this stuff:
- update chipset, storage, Intel, video, wireless, Bluetooth drivers to the latest, Win8.1 compatible versions (DO NOT use Win8 versions, only Win8.1 - if unable to find them, post back and we'll see what we can do).

Also, please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog))
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility: HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/44720-bsod-playing-war-thunder-event-viewer-event-41-a.html
Relevancy 103.85%

If a make a password mistake when logging in, event viewer should log event with ID 4625*. But it doesn't. How do I get it too? If you want to know about my computer model Etc. Click on the computer icon next to my name.

(*Event 4625 means Bad password)

Thanks

A:Solved: Event ID 4625 not being logged in event viewer

I assume you are using Vista or Win 7

The following eventIDs are all related to Login Failures:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-event-id-4625-not-being-logged-in-event-viewer.995501/
Relevancy 103.85%

My Win 7 Pro x64 system just started acting up. When I select an event in the Event Viewer, the More Information: Event Log Online Help link doesn't open IE10. When I click on the link, the Event Viewer pop-up confirmation box open to confirm sending information across the internet, but when I click "Yes" the box goes away and I get a momentary indication from the cursor that the action is processing then nothing. It will not change the active IE10 page or open IE10.

Is there a solution with out a system restore?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards

A:Event Viewer Event Log Online Help Links don't function

I don't know much about this kind of stuff - but here is what I dug up using Microsoft's Process Monitor and Process Explorer.

The mmc app (event viewer) sends info to one of the svchost instances (netsvcs).

Svchost writes some info to the registry about a scheduled task and then runs that task.

This starts taskeng - which starts wscript.

Wscript runs a temporary VBS file that is supposed to send a URL to the operating system (shell).

The OS is supposed to open your default browser.

Here is the contents of the VBS file from my testing:

Code:
Set shell = createobject("wscript.shell")
Shell.run """C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp78C0.url"""

You might try SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

And let's hope that some other forum member can suggest things that you should check.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/304193-event-viewer-event-log-online-help-links-dont-function.html
Relevancy 103.85%

Every time I boot my laptop I get error message Event ID 11 in Event Viewer. The details are:

Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.

This is listed under AppInit_DLLs in the registry and the dll being loaded is nvinitx.dll, from what I can find out this has to do with the optimus function on my laptop and having it loaded is okay. I just want to get rid of the error message being logged everytime I boot.

A:Event Viewer Error Message Event ID11 - How do I get rid of this to?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this error message in Event Viewer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/195339-event-viewer-error-message-event-id11-how-do-i-get-rid.html
Relevancy 103.85%

I tried a lot, but couldn't find the event log for the cleanmgr.exe (Disk Cleanup) in the Event Viewer.
Actually, I need the source & event id of cleanmgr.exe to schedule a task in the Task Scheduler.

A:In Event Viewer, Where is event log for cleanmgr.exe (Disk Cleanup)?

This Article would be of services to you .

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/301369-event-viewer-where-event-log-cleanmgr-exe-disk-cleanup.html
Relevancy 103.85%

From what I understand about the event log in Windows 7, when someone tries and is unsuccessful when logging into the computer the event log should record an event id 4625. However this is not happening at either of my Windows 7 Ultimate machines. I found an identical thread about this problem where the user found a solution but did not specify what is was.

http://forums.techguy.org/general-security/995501-solved-event-id-4625-not.html

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Solved: Event ID 4625 not being logged in event viewer

Are you creating a Custom View ? Be sure that you have selected 'By Log - Event Logs: Windows Log, Security. Then except for the Event ID field, everything should not be checked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-event-id-4625-not-being-logged-in-event-viewer.1034583/
Relevancy 101.99%

Hello First time ever I am posting a thread like this never thought I would have to Anyway the issue is described below Randomly my computer decides to shutdown and restart unexpectedly There is no blue screen 6008 Event ID Event [Troubleshooting] - Viewer it just shut downs and restarts immediately I can't really relate the issue to a certain task or running program it's all so random Event Viewer - Event ID 6008 [Troubleshooting] It can occur while browsing the web watching a film or playing a game I have been fixing around with computers for quite some time now and this is my second build The components are listed below PSU Corsair Professional Series HX CPU Intel Core i K MHz MB Gigabyte GA-P A-UD -B RAM Corsair Dominator x GB MHz DDR GPU EVGA GTX SuperClocked MB SLi HDD Corsair Force Series GB HDD Corsair Force Series GB OS Windows Ultimate Bit Retail I finished this system about five months ago and it started to act like this since weeks back The system is working solid otherwise Due to the limited amount of space on the system drive at GB I have disabled System Restore I have AVG Internet Security installed along with Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware I have tried to update system drivers in order to restore the system stability which are USB Host Controllers SATA Controllers Realtek SFX Drivers Realtek LAN Drivers None of the above mentioned drivers seemed to solve my issue I have tried to disable Intels Azalia Codecs inBIOS but without success I haven't checked Safe Mode for stability The restarts seem to happen in different patterns For example the restart could occur just minutes after startup or an hour after startup At times the restarts can occur just after another sudden restart At best the computer can be running for - hours or even days without unexpected shutdowns A lot of problems can be fixed but this Event ID is a real trick to me I have searched Google for useful answers but they're all blurry Could be hardware related could be a simple setting could even require a Windows reinstall I am pasting the Event Viewers XML Information about the last restart for the experts - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name gt quot EventLog quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers gt quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime gt quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Noll a lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt - - lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt DC DC F C C lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Regarding the dumpfile I have choosed to dump a small dump file at kB I have made sure the computer does not automatically restart upon error codes The correct attachments should be attatched below I would gladly assist with more useful information if needed Thanks Michael

A:Event Viewer - Event ID 6008 [Troubleshooting]

Event ID 6008 entries indicate that there was an unexpected shutdown.
Critical thermal event indicates that the problem is related to one of your hardware components not functioning properly that is triggering the computer to shut down.

Check if your CPU is overheating. Also check if the heat sink or fan is functioning properly. If the laptop is under warranty, get in touch with the manufacturer.

If it isn?t, get a good cleaning done for the fan and heat sink with compressed air only if you?re comfortable. Otherwise seek the help of a technician.

In addition, since power supply plays a major role in cooling the computer?s innards check if PSU (Power Supply Unit) is functioning properly.

Other thermal events (depending on your board) can be from the graphics card, bridge chipsets or hard drives.

You may opt to check for third party Thermal Event Monitor software so that you have a brief idea as in what?s triggering the critical thermal event.

Note: Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222469-event-viewer-event-id-6008-troubleshooting.html
Relevancy 101.99%

Dell Dimension years old warning, Event 51 disk, Viewer: event Intel Pentium Mhz Phoenix BIOS never updated WinXP SP all updates AVG Pro Brother MFC cn Dell FP LCD Spybot MS AntiSpyware Beta Trying to save time for everyone I ll just say that I looked at Event Viewer today I ve looked at it infrequently and never could understand what I saw but today there was something relatively Event Viewer: warning, disk, event 51 new and scary Type Warning Date Time AM Source disk Category None Event User N A Computer JohnandCheryl Further info under help and support said an error was detected during a paging file operation The word quot disk quot scared me so I checked the entire Event Viewer and found of these errors from Aug through Sep If this event was cataloged earlier I don t know because the Event Viewer only goes back to Aug I checked System Restore for Aug and found a couple of things an accidental MS quot update quot to NVIDIA GeForce MX driver -- but we ve had the driver for a long time now The screws up the display resolution big time I reinstalled the resolution is fine but I m wondering if this could have something to do with the Event warning Also on that same date something called Software Distribution Service is listed three times and I don t know why I don t even know what it is I ve researched the web and can t find anything that seems to apply -- other than potential for a hard drive crash Just what I don t need Meanwhile the entire system is working extremely well fast and smooth no glitches or twitches that I can detect -- and I m thoroughly baffled Can anyone help me with this Thanks so much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-viewer-warning-disk-event-51.395886/
Relevancy 101.99%

Hi there,

It's my first time posting on this forum however this forum has helped me solve dozens of past issues so thanks

Ok so I've got an MSI GS40 notebook running Windows Home 64-bit. It's a great notebook and runs like a dream. I recently checked my Event Viewer and saw thousands of warnings. Basically the same warning every second. They're all Execution Service - Event ID: 1

I'm really not keen on a system restore or reformat. The hardware is pretty high-end and so it doesn't seem like anything has slowed down but I would like to resolve these crazy warnings.

Any help would be great...

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/63802-event-viewer-thousands-unknown-event-id-1s.html
Relevancy 101.99%

Hi, I have a strange thing going on with Event 1 in the Even Viewer.
Event 1 signifies that the computer awoke from sleep (standby/hibernation), see attachment below for illustrations. It shows the time (circled in blue) which is also the time it shows in the list with all the other events, and that is the actual time the event occurred. But if you look on top of the box (circled in red) you see weird times listed over there, in fact at the time that the event take place (9:08 in this case) the times listed above didn't arrive yet. Why are those future times there, and how does the computer write something form the past into the future? I find that very strange. Do you perhaps know how that could happen?

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Relevancy 101.99%

I keep an eye on the event viewer and a new event I haven't seen before has showed up. The event is under the application heading as information and the source is (ESENT). It reads as follows:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: ESENT
Event Category: General
Event ID: 100
Date: 8/16/2004
Time: 5:20:33 AM
User: N/A
Computer: ALPHA
Description:
wuauclt (1272) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.

Everything is the same on the next three events except the discriptions which are as follows:

wuaueng.dll (1272) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).

wuaueng.dll (1272) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).

wuauclt (1272) The database engine stopped.

This happens several times a day. Everything seams to be working properly but I very interested in what this data is trying to tell me.

Thanks
John

Relevancy 101.99%

Greetings I have a large number of the following errors in my event viewer Level Source Event ID Event sptd Error ID4 Viewer Event Task Category Error spdt--- ------ --- none General-- Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for Details-- XML View-- - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot sptd quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt adm-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt C lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Here is the Friendly View-- -System -Provider Name sptd -EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x -TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID ChannelSystemComputeradm-PCSecurity -EventData C Binary data In Words C In Bytes C S You can see exactly the same error posted in the case of Windows Xp by Karlosio of Scotland on August at the following techguy org forum post -- http forums techguy org windows-xp -sptd-errors-event-viewer html Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Error sptd Event ID4 Event Viewer Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total Error sptd Event ID4 Event Viewer - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB L Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB N Total - MB Free - MB O Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P T DELUXE V Rev xx Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-sptd-event-id4-event-viewer.1004077/
Relevancy 101.99%

Hi Guys Girls I keep getting this error every minutes anybody managed to solve this Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User DALE-PC Dale Computer Dale-PC Description The server AA A C - B B- F E- D - C AEC did not register with DCOM within the required timeout Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM quot Guid quot B E -B AA- -BADC-B F A E quot EventSourceName quot DCOM quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Dale-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - - - - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt AA A C - B B- Event 10010 keeps Viewer Event ID showing F E- D - C AEC lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Event Viewer keeps showing Event ID 10010

Hi,

It's a synchronization error. The server trying to sync to a device that is no longer present or was just never there.

Try to disable the following service: Portable Device Enumerator Service (WIN+R > Services.msc) and see if that helps.

Cheers,

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/68384-event-viewer-keeps-showing-event-id-10010-a.html
Relevancy 101.99%

Windows Home bit ASUS X LA Notebook What is going on here and what is the best for dealing with this The AppID seems to be designating RuntimeBroker but I have done everything so far to correct this error What am I missing Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User SYSTEM Computer DESKTOP-EOB C K Description The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID D B C -BB - -A F-E B D and APPID CA EE -ACB - C -AFC -AB C to the user NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM SID S- - - from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable This security permission can ID Event in Viewer... 10016 Event Error be modified using the Component Event Error ID 10016 in Event Viewer... Services administrative tool Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM quot Guid quot B E -B AA- -BADC-B F A E quot EventSourceName quot DCOM quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID Event Error ID 10016 in Event Viewer... gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Event Error ID 10016 in Event Viewer... Channel gt lt Computer gt DESKTOP-EOB C K lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt application-specific lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Local lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Activation lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt D B C -BB - -A F-E B D lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt CA EE -ACB - C -AFC -AB C lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt NT AUTHORITY lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt SYSTEM lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt S- - - lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt LocalHost Using LRPC lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Unavailable lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Unavailable lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/55284-event-error-id-10016-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 101.99%

Howdy Gents And Event Event Viewer? ESENT showing in Merry Christmas Have a question I was poking around in event viewer and came across a new entry It's called ESENT and is being logged anywere between - times a day I've researched this and it seams to be tied to Windows XP SP and the Windows Update Client Database because it's using the wuaueng dll and wuauclt exe files I do not have service pack installed but I'm updated on ALL fixs so I'm thinking this is a problem with the just the Update Client After backtracking my Install history it began appearing in my logs after I ESENT Event showing in Event Viewer? installed the quot Cumlative Security Update For Internet Explorer Service Pack KB MS - I'm thinking Windows Update Installed the new Client software at that time as that update didn't have anything to do with this My questions are Has anyone seen this on an XP PRo system just using SP Why is it being logged I Have autoupdate disabled

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/esent-event-showing-in-event-viewer-29946.html
Relevancy 101.99%

I have a pavilion desktop h8-1075, and have found the following comes up in error of event viewer every so often

iaStor did not respond within the timeout period event 9

any assistance would be great to see if someone can cure this issue

Pavilion Desktop hpe h8-1075uk
Win 7/Pro
16 Meg ram

Tony Miller

A:Event Viewer error iaStor Event 9

Iastor is your storage driver (for HD or Raid) and often a driver will not respond within the normal range. No big deal but you can update the driver to newest version to see if that eliminates the messages

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/205828-event-viewer-error-iastor-event-9-a.html
Relevancy 101.06%

Alright started getting the BugCheck crash with Event Kernel-Power BSOD a few times not long ago widely spaced out incidents it will lock up make a very weird repetitive Event Event BugCheck k57nd60a Kernel-Power 1001 41 4 Event noise through my stereo speakers and will also get black and white bars across the screen before the blue screen turns up and asks for restart option choice And Event k nd a has been Event 1001 BugCheck Event 41 Kernel-Power Event 4 k57nd60a ongoing for Event 1001 BugCheck Event 41 Kernel-Power Event 4 k57nd60a as long as I can remember Any ideas Event BugCheck The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x b x c xfffff a xfffff c a x A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting quot Guid quot ABCE E -DE - - - FA C quot EventSourceName quot BugCheck quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Event 1001 BugCheck Event 41 Kernel-Power Event 4 k57nd60a Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Master lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt x b x c xfffff a xfffff c a x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt C Windows MEMORY DMP lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt - - lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Also I have checked the provided location for that dump file but it's not letting me get to it Event Kernel-Power - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Master lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xc lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff a lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff c a lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Event k nd a Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet The network link is down Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot k nd a quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Master lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt Device NDMP lt Data gt lt Data gt Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet lt Data gt lt Binary gt lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt EDIT Further information BlueScreenView for this event shows ndis sys amp afd sys amp ntoskrnl exe in pink Bug check string SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug check code x b Parameter c Parameter fffff a Parameter fffff c a Parameter Caused by driver afd sys Caused by address afd sys a Crash address ntoskrnl exe cc

A:Event 1001 BugCheck Event 41 Kernel-Power Event 4 k57nd60a

Memory exception but we need to examine the DMP files to find out why.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP
We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter

When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224259-event-1001-bugcheck-event-41-kernel-power-event-4-k57nd60a.html
Relevancy 99.82%

In the Event Viewer have found repeating error from the source NFTS, indentificator 55 :
"There has been found damage in the files structure of volumin Windows8_OS.
In the index structure of system files there has been found a damage. Reference numer to the  file :
0x100000000285d. Name of the file : "\Windows\System32\config." Attribute of damaged index : ":$130:$INDEX_ALLOCATION".
Have done as follows :
1/ sfc/scannow - the result :"Windows Resource Protection did not find any violations"
2/ dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth - the result : "The restore operation completed successfully. the component store corruption was repaired. The operation completed successfully".
3/ chds/f/r -after scanning no information about damages, moreover have checked the disc with HD tune program and  it is healthy.

What else can be done to repair this damage ?
Would appreciate your advise.
Thanks in advance, Ewa

A:Event Viewer error from NTFS source

You should use the Seagate tool for a seagate hd.  It is more accurate than Generic tests.Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dcfbe47d-cc2a-476b-ae25-d71e91b7b8d5/event-viewer-error-from-ntfs-source?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 99.2%

I received a windows network error and went into events log and it has a warning on it. How do I resolve? do I need to assign a task to it or somehow delete. There are several events with warning from source Microsoft windows kernel processor power. Please
help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/df73ca14-41cd-409f-8fbc-2df53355d0a7/windows-operating-system-version-61760016385-event-id-37-event-source?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 98.27%

On a daily basis I recieve this listing event ! in viewer event reoccuring in the event viewer in administrative tools If anyone can reoccuring event in event viewer ! point me to a fix or walk me thru one it reoccuring event in event viewer ! would be great to eliminate this from being listed day after day Here is a copy of the details of the event and what it reports gt Event Type Information Event Source NSCService Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer Description The description for Event ID in Source NSCService cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer You may be able to use the AUXSOURCE flag to retrieve this description see Help and Support for details The following information is part of the event Norton Protection Center Service lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt Mt Norton Security Suite still updates my virus definintions and any other updates pertaining to the security suite so Iam a bit confused by the whole thing Thanks in Advance to All that Reply Take Care Nick

A:reoccuring event in event viewer !

Information items in Event Viewer are totally disregarded by me.

I can't tell you to do the same, it's your system...but those items are provided only for informational purposes.

None of them merit any action by the owner/user...there is nothing to fix.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/248060/reoccuring-event-in-event-viewer/
Relevancy 98.27%

I've noticed an intriguing event in Event viewer Code Log Name Application Source Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Description Acquisition of genuine ticket failed hr xC C AA for template Id event concerning 'with in Curious Event WMC' Viewer c -d - d - e-d ec f f Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP quot Guid quot E B B -C C - C-A F -F BDFEA F quot EventSourceName quot Software Protection Platform Service quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level Curious event in Event Viewer concerning 'with WMC' gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt MaminaKanta lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt hr xC C AA lt Data gt lt Data gt c -d - d - e-d ec f f lt Data gt Curious event in Event Viewer concerning 'with WMC' lt EventData gt lt Event gt Googleing the error code I get this You might see this error after you used the Add Features to Windows app to upgrade your current edition of Windows The Windows Pro Curious event in Event Viewer concerning 'with WMC' with Media Center edition can only be activated on PCs that had Windows preinstalled or Windows was purchased on the Windows website or at a retail store To fix the problem you need to install Windows with the product key provided to you in an email or with the DVD If you think you have received this message in error contact a Microsoft Customer Support representative Please note that in my case this is not an error that springs during activation it is an event logged at system start However when I moved the Windows installation from my daily use laptop which will keep the Windows Ultimate forever be praised I got as a beta tester of to my 'Windows Pro with WMC perpetual test machine' an older ''classic'' desktop tower I had to use the automated phone system both for the activation of Pro and for the activation of Pro with WMC and both succeeded The Windows Activation UI states I'm activated I have a working WMC and no problems with updates Store or anything else and license diagnostics confirms this Code lt DiagReport gt lt LicensingData gt lt ToolVersion gt lt ToolVersion gt lt LicensingStatus gt SL LICENSING STATUS LICENSED lt LicensingStatus gt lt LicensingStatusReason gt x lt LicensingStatusReason gt lt LocalGenuineState gt SL GEN STATE IS GENUINE lt LocalGenuineState gt lt LocalGenuineResultP gt lt LocalGenuineResultP gt lt LastOnlineGenuineResult gt lt LastOnlineGenuineResult gt lt GraceTimeMinutes gt lt GraceTimeMinutes gt lt TotalGraceDays gt lt TotalGraceDays gt lt ValidityExpiration gt lt ValidityExpiration gt lt ActivePartialProductKey gt PDG D lt ActivePartialProductKey gt lt ActiveProductKeyPid gt - - -AB lt ActiveProductKeyPid gt lt OSVersion gt lt OSVersion gt lt ProductName gt Windows Pro with Media Center lt ProductName gt lt ProcessorArchitecture gt x lt ProcessorArchitecture gt lt EditionId gt ProfessionalWMC lt EditionId gt lt BuildLab gt win gdr - lt BuildLab gt lt TimeZone gt Srednja Europa - st vrij GMT lt TimeZone gt lt ActiveSkuId gt e -b e - d d-b a- c af b f lt ActiveSkuId gt lt ActiveSkuDescription gt Windows R Operating System RETAIL channel lt ActiveSkuDescription gt lt ProductUniquenessGroups gt c -d - d - e-d ec f f lt ProductUniquenessGroups gt lt ActiveProductKeyPKeyId gt e - bae- - -ef dc lt ActiveProductKeyPKeyId gt lt ActiveProductKeyPidEx gt - - - - - - - lt ActiveProductKeyPidEx gt lt ActiveProductKeyChannel gt Retail lt ActiveProductKeyChannel gt lt ActiveVolumeCustomerPid gt lt ActiveVolumeCustomerPid gt lt Of... Read more

A:Curious event in Event Viewer concerning 'with WMC'

Well, i should probably update this thread. I contacted Microsoft support, which told me that they've never seen this kind of situation before, one by all accounts activated Windows 8 throwing this kind of errors. They surmised that Windows 8 Pro wasn't really activated on their side when I fired up the upgrade to WMC. (?!) It sure looked activated on my side. Whatever...

Nothing short of a reinstall could be done to help it, I've been told. So I've done it, it is just a 'demo' installation for me, I don't have anything other than browser installed on it. This time it didn't need phone activation, it did everything on its own. I guess the situation really really cleared up in the meantime.

Casualty? My Google mail account in Windows Mail. I had it syncing using EAS just great, and I've lost that.
Thank you Google for not being evil, yeah.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/18853-curious-event-event-viewer-concerning-wmc.html
Relevancy 98.27%

Hello, I am having another strange event in my event viewer this time its this: A parity error was detected on \Device\Ide\iaStor0. Source: iaStor Event ID: 5 I have researched but nothing specifically addresses this issue, only similar event IDs with different error messages. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:iaStor event in event viewer

This error occur with this error usually :
Windows Event ID 9 from iaStor

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/185876-iastor-event-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 98.27%

Hi,

I am new to the forum and have searched to see if I can find a fix for my issue.

My issue is whenever I use the Event Log Online Help link in any Event Notification all I get is transferred to this page Page Not Found

I am new to Windows 8 but I used this service regularly with XP. I don't know if it is a set up issue or if the help is not available for Windows 8 ... I hope the latter is not the case as I am trying to resolve a completely different issue.

Any assistance would be great!

A:Event Viewer - Event Log Online Help

Well, I am still trying to get the Event Log Online Help link in Event Viewer working!

Could someone tell me what their data values are in the following registry entries:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EventViewer\MicrosoftRedirectionProgram
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EventViewer\MicrosoftRedirectionProgramCommandLineParameters

My data entries are blank and I am sure there should be something .

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/17223-event-viewer-event-log-online-help.html
Relevancy 98.27%

keep getting it logged as an error. I have gone into Adjust Date and Time\Internet Time\and it is set to automatically synchronize with time.windows.com and on a scheduled basis. When I try to update or change the setting I get an error message that an error occurred while windows was synchronizing. I have tried to do a system file check but get the error message that Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested service or start the Repair Service. I have checked that Windows Modules Installer is set to manual and so I don't know how else I can repair this error 131. Can anyone help please.

A:How do I rectify Event ID 131 in Event Viewer so I don't

You can try to sync with other time instead of time.windows.com. Once succeeded, switch back to time.windows.com. In addition, make sure the 'Windows Time' service is running.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/53940-how-do-i-rectify-event-id-131-event-viewer-so-i-dont.html
Relevancy 96.72%

Hi I recently made some upgrades 11" hangs, "atapi Event ID Event in Viewer Frequent system to a previously fine PC - they were - Installing GB extra RAM of the same variety - Reinstalling windows on a new SSD a Samsung SSD EVO GB I previously also upgraded to Windows but a bunch of blue screens and Frequent system hangs, "atapi Event ID 11" in Event Viewer other issues later I reinstalled I'm still having problems though - the current symptoms are that every so often - times a day the computer will hang for - minutes on the 'starting windows' screen When it finally loads it will often hang for further extended periods before settling down I checked in these event log and during these periods there will be many 'atapi' errors with Event ID quot The driver detected a controller error on Device Ide IdePort quot I have attached a screenshot There will sometimes be other errors usually relating to the timeout of certain things but the previously mentioned error is by far the most prolific On rare occasions there have been more serious errors - never blue screens since going back to windows but once I booted to a black screen with just a mouse was able to shut down via task manager then following a restart seemed ok Through some investigation it does seem to be that the root cause of the problem is the SSD I identified this a while ago and have tried various fixes including Ensuring my Motherboard a M A LT-M SATA ports are configured in AHCI mode they were previously IDE This also led me to completely re-installing windows in an effort to make sure the correct drivers were installed though more on those drivers in a second Updating my motherboard's BIOS Running MemTest to check my RAM wasn't causing the problem Changing the SATA cable and port of my SSD Updating various drivers from ASUSTeK Computer Inc -Support- Drivers and Download M A LT-M for my motherboard including the chipset I saw another driver for quot AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller Driver V quot but when I try and updating this windows just says that the most up to date driver is already installed I've also tried running various checks for disk errors including the Windows built-in drive checker and HD tune pro I just tried unplugging my DVD drive as well which is the only other thing connected to the SATA ports On a side note I do not have the Gb s SATA ports only Gb s SATA though I don't see why this should be a problem I've of course looked online and have found many people with similar issues but often they seem unresolved or their fixes unfortunately don't work for me Any help would be massively appreciated as this has been plaguing me for weeks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/380152-frequent-system-hangs-atapi-event-id-11-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 92.07%

Hey all I ve been having some problems with my computer I m getting this error in my Event Viewer quot WMI ADAP was unable Id Errors! Event Winmgmt 60 to process the performance libraries x quot listed as Event Warning - WinMgmt I ran the Event Id 60 Winmgmt Errors! WMIDiag vbs program and got many errors WMIDiag v started on Sunday August at Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved - January This script is not supported under any Microsoft standard support program or service The script is provided AS IS without warranty of any kind Microsoft further disclaims all implied warranties including without limitation any implied warranties of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose The entire risk arising out of the use or performance of the scripts and documentation remains with you In no event shall Microsoft its authors or anyone else involved in the creation production or delivery of the script be liable for any damages whatsoever including without limitation damages for loss of business profits business interruption loss of business information or other pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or inability to use the script or documentation even if Microsoft has been advised of the possibility of such damages ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------- WMI REPORT BEGIN ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows XP - Service pack - -bit - User SPEEDBALL OWNER on computer SPEEDBALL ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Environment OK System drive C Disk Partition Drive type IDE ST AS There are no missing WMI system files OK There are no missing WMI repository files OK WMI repository state NOT TESTED BEFORE running WMIDiag The WMI repository has a size of MB - Disk free space on C MB - INDEX BTR bytes AM - INDEX MAP bytes AM - MAPPING VER bytes AM - MAPPING MAP bytes AM - MAPPING MAP bytes AM - OBJECTS DATA bytes AM - OBJECTS MAP bytes AM AFTER running WMIDiag The WMI repository has a size of MB - Disk free space on C MB - INDEX BTR bytes AM - INDEX MAP bytes AM - MAPPING VER bytes AM - MAPPING MAP bytes AM - MAPPING MAP bytes AM - OBJECTS DATA bytes AM - OBJECTS MAP bytes AM ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- INFO Windows Firewall status ENABLED Windows Firewall Profile STANDARD ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DCOM Status OK WMI registry setup OK INFO WMI service has dependents SERVICE S - Security Center WSCSVC StartMode Automatic - Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS SHAREDACCESS StartMode Automatic gt If the WMI service is stopped the listed service s will have to be stopped as well Note If the service is marked with it means that the service application uses WMI but there is no hard dependency on WMI However if the WMI service is stopped this can prevent the service application to work as expected RPCSS service OK Already started WINMGMT service OK Already started ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- WMI service DCOM setup OK WMI components DCOM registrations OK WMI ProgID registrations OK WMI provider DCOM registrations OK WMI provider CIM registrations OK WMI provider CLSIDs OK WMI providers EXE DLL availability OK -----------------------------------------------------------------... Read more

A:Event Id 60 Winmgmt Errors!

Have you checked C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\OWNER\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMP\WMIDIAG-V2.0_XP___.CLI.SP2.32_SPEEDBALL_2008.08.17_08.39.06.LOG for details? If so, what did it say?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163760/event-id-60-winmgmt-errors/
Relevancy 91.14%

I have no idea what this is but I found an event warning listing WinMgmt as the source, properties said this:
A provider, MethProv, has been registered in the WMI namespace, root\wmi, but did not specify the HostingModel property. This provider will be run using the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests. Ensure that provider has been reviewed for security behavior and update the HostingModel property of the provider registration to an account with the least privileges possible for the required functionality.Click to expand...

I have 2 of these for today. Anyone know what this is and should I ignore it?

Relevancy 90.83%

I was just looking in my Events Viewer recently, and saw 38 Errors for Event ID11 Source CAP12 'A required cert is not within its validity period when verifying ..'

Does anyone else have this, and how do I fix it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/event-viewer-help-event-id-11-a-428877.html
Relevancy 90.83%

Hello. I'am unable to find any information regard one entry in event viewer (eventvwr.msc) EVENT ID is 14, Source Microsoft-Windows-HAL
screens:

It stays, somethink like. system was limited to the periodic cycle due to older hardware. My hard drive with windows 8 is IDE, so it's propably it, but i want to know, what is this periodic cycle and what is that limitation ?
I was trying to find info on eventid.net but it didn't find anything. Hope somebody can put some light on that matter. I will add. That I get this entry everytime I turn on the PC.

A:event viewer EVENT 14 HAL. What is it ?

From what i know, event ID 14 in Windows client OSes relates to I/O. Since this is not a "Warning" or "Error", it is likely just an informative stating it made some adjustments to compensate for the I/O method your hardware is using. In this case, IDE. My bet is that if you stopped using an IDE drive, you'd see this go away.

Plus, if you had real issues with HAL.dll, you'd know it. I promise.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/23621-event-viewer-event-14-hal-what.html
Relevancy 87.11%

This only happened once immediately after reboot following removal of Comodo Firewall This event has never repeated after many reboots I have not seen any subsequent errors of any sort Does the absence of repetition indicate that Windows suceeded on the next reboot or that Windows has given up trying to mend a fatal wound There were off such error events within second designating these MOF files C WINDOWS MICROSOFT NET FRAMEWORK V ASPNET MOF C AC D A F C C A I LICWMI MOF C WINDOWS MICROSOFT NET FRAMEWORK V WINDOWS COMMUNICATIONFOUNDATION SERVICEMODEL MOF C WINDOWS MICROSOFT NET FRAMEWORK V ASPNET MOF I later found that starting a few seconds 4 event to "Failed recovering ... SINGLE repository WinMgmt while load :- file." MOF before that and finishing a few seconds after there were MOF updated time stamps in C WINDOWS System wbem AutoRecover Comparing Acronis images of C taken before and after removal replacement of the Firewall I see - original MOF files that retained timestamps of last year and before original MOF files that were halved in size as they were modified brand new MOF files I have not seen before Do all these extra MOF files in wbem AutoRecover indicate a major disaster Does the absence of further WinMgmt event errors show recovery without failure on the next reboot Does the continued presence of all these MOF files show that SINGLE WinMgmt event 4 :- "Failed to load MOF ... while recovering repository file." after recovery Windows was too lazy to delete redundant files Or has it left it all for me to try and recompile or something I SINGLE WinMgmt event 4 :- "Failed to load MOF ... while recovering repository file." am hoping to be assured that all is well or to have a quick fix that is sure to work otherwise I SINGLE WinMgmt event 4 :- "Failed to load MOF ... while recovering repository file." could play safe and restore the system via Acronis image with the old Firewall and then try to be more gentle as I replace the Firewall and then repeat all the other updates and adjustment done in the last weeks I do not want to repeat the last weeks but I would rather do that than wait until I discover what is badly broken and then have to repeat everything I might be doing next year I am using XP Home with SP Regards Alan

A:SINGLE WinMgmt event 4 :- "Failed to load MOF ... while recovering repository file."

First, some data on .mof files, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc180827.aspx AND http://filext.com/file-extension/MOF.Now that you made me check this system ...I have 121 files with the .mof extension. About 70% of them seem to be in C:\Windows\System32\wbem\AutoRecover, 25% in C:\Windows\System32\wbem..a few in service pack folders, MS.NET, etc.From what I see, it's too technical for me to worry about. If it was something to worry about, I suppose that Event Viewer would give me an error message about it or I would get a BSOD, etc.I don't spend a lot of time worrying about WMI processes...they don't exist for me, they exist for XP (at least, that's my interpretation).Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259286/single-winmgmt-event-4-failed-to-load-mof-while-recovering-repository-file/
Relevancy 87.11%

Hi all I have been trying to figure out a serious of issues that my PC has been having It s possible they were caused by poorly seated RAM but the RAM seems to check out now There is a whole slew of details on the case here TechNet with a lot more information that will be of help including w/ Event Shadow Help 55 Volume (sysmain more 1000 fault), + Event Copy) (corrupt posted evtx files I have always gotten great help here though and am in dire need of a second opinion so I thought I would check with this forum s experts Here is the basic gist although there is a ton more detail on the other link Since building this machine I ve had frequent BSODs often seemingly-related to middle of the night MSE updates or possibly other windows updates These always required a System Restore to recover from as Windows was unbootable Often it said the Restore failed but it seemed to resolved the bootability issue at least I have removed MSE and reseated some RAM that initially tested poorly but which now seems to be passing MemTest Help w/ Event 1000 (sysmain fault), Event 55 (corrupt Volume Shadow Copy) + more no problem I still have a series of issues that occur and the one that was causing noticeable issues was SuperFetch causing sysmain dll to fault Event posted below on every boot and periodically throughout the day I have disabled SuperFetch which stopped the issue from happening every boot but it still happens occasionally so it seems SuperFetch is but one trigger The other most common error I have is Event posted below possibly related to Windows Backup and or System Restore which seems to indicate that I am having a problem with Volume Shadow Copying also see Events and below I also have frequent Event posted below issues like this one with many different Event Names There is a history of the investigation at the link above that provides a lot more information including a filtered clip of the events from last night which show a lot of interesting things Any help or guidance would be massively appreciated Thanks in advance Event Application Error Faulting application name svchost exe SysMain version time stamp x a bc c Faulting module name sysmain dll version time stamp x a be e Exception code xc Fault offset x bd Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x cba ab f e Faulting application path C Windows System svchost exe Faulting module path c windows system sysmain dll Report Id a c f - af- e -a - cf e cfc Event NTFS The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Event VSS Volume Shadow Copy Service information The COM Server with CLSID e fba - e - d - - c fbbb and name CEventSystem cannot be started x The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it Operation Subscribing Writer Context Writer Class Id a ad c -b - e c-bb - d f f Writer Name WMI Writer Writer Instance ID c db - f a- c- f- b b d d a Event VSS Volume Shadow Copy Service error Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance hr x The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it Operation Subscribing Writer Context Writer Class Id a ad c -b - e c-bb - d f f Writer Name WMI Writer Writer Instance ID c db - f a- c- f- b b d d a Event Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket type Event Name BlueScreen Response Not available Cab Id

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/370560/help-w-event-1000-sysmain-fault-event-55-corrupt-volume-shadow-copy-more/
Relevancy 86.8%

i have been having this SCREEN 10 ID BLUE CAUSING ? Event Filter Query Functionality Event error for a couple days now and it also seems to be associated with another crash im getting from a game i play also first Event ID 10 ? Event Filter Query Functionality CAUSING BLUE SCREEN one Event ID 10 ? Event Filter Query Functionality CAUSING BLUE SCREEN is a memory dump blue screen issue and the other is just the game crashing Script -- php buffer start -- code span style color span style color BB Log nbsp Name span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Application br Source span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Microsoft span span style color - span span style color BB Windows span span style color - span span style color BB WMI br Date span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB nbsp span span style color span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB nbsp AM br Event nbsp ID span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB br Task nbsp Category span span style color nbsp span span style color BB None br Level span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Error br Keywords span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Classic br User span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB N span span style color span span style color BB A br Computer span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Tyler span span style color - span span style color BB GamingPC br Description span span style color br span span style color BB Event nbsp filter nbsp with nbsp query nbsp span span style color DD SELECT nbsp nbsp FROM nbsp InstanceModificationEvent nbsp WITHIN nbsp nbsp WHERE nbsp TargetInstance nbsp ISA nbsp span span style color BB Win Processor span span style color DD nbsp AND nbsp TargetInstance LoadPercentage nbsp gt nbsp nbsp span span style color BB could nbsp not nbsp be nbsp reactivated nbsp in nbsp span span style color namespace nbsp span span style color DD root CIMV nbsp span span style color BB because nbsp of nbsp error nbsp x span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Events nbsp cannot nbsp be nbsp delivered nbsp through nbsp this nbsp filter nbsp until nbsp the nbsp problem nbsp is nbsp corrected span span style color br span span style color BB Event nbsp Xml span span style color br lt span span style color BB Event nbsp xmlns span span style color span span style color DD http schemas microsoft com win events event span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB System span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Provider nbsp Name span span style color span span style color DD Microsoft-Windows-WMI nbsp span span style color BB Guid span span style color span span style color DD edeee - afe- -b -d c b b f nbsp span span style color BB EventSourceName span span style color span span style color DD WinMgmt nbsp span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB EventID nbsp Qualifiers span span style color span span style color DD span span style color gt span span style color BB span span style color lt span span style color BB EventID span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Version span span style color gt span span style color BB span span style color lt span span style color BB Version span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Level span span style color gt span span style color BB span span style color lt span span style color BB Level span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Task span span style color... Read more

A:Event ID 10 — Event Filter Query Functionality CAUSING BLUE SCREEN

Still nothing responded on this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/358679-event-id-10-event-filter-query-functionality-causing-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 86.8%

Hi people I have setup a disk quota usage for the user quot warning appear log their exceeds level the an event quota limit event ( only user / when in ) once Log tester quot nbsp mb warning level mb Quota limit When I generated a file of gt mb then I see well a event Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category Information - - Ntfs A user hit their quota threshold on volume C when I try put a second file of more than mb also first i'm block to copy it good and then i receive well then related event Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category Information - - Ntfs A user hit their quota limit on volume C so I erase the files and try again and then nothing in the event log I Log event when an user exceeds their ( quota limit / warning level ) appear only once in the event log have try restart the quota management to pout other limit for that user to disable then enable again limitation for this user without success once the event amp appear it seem that he never appear again even if a warning limit is triggered again any idea

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/652813a6-620d-43c6-bc2a-3f5647fb8b80/log-event-when-an-user-exceeds-their-quota-limit-warning-level-appear-only-once-in-the-event?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 86.49%

Hi all I've just built an AcerPower F desktop to Win Pro every shutdown it shows BSOD and promptly restarts Event log is showing me the following for a critical event at the same time the shutdown occurs The date on the log is from a week ago but this happens every shutdown which is once every weekday Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power Date Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords User SYSTEM Computer CUR-ICT- LODGEFARM LOCAL Description Some processor performance power management features have been disabled due to a known firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power quot Guid quot F E F-FE - E F-B - F CC quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt 6 Log ID: Shutdown Kernel-Processor-Power. on = Event Event BSOD EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt CUR-ICT- BSOD on Shutdown Event Log = Kernel-Processor-Power. Event ID: 6 LODGEFARM LOCAL lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt I've tried updating BIOS and chipset drivers but the latter are hard to come by legitimately due BSOD on Shutdown Event Log = Kernel-Processor-Power. Event ID: 6 do the machines not supporting Vista even though the little sticker on the front says Vista compatible As per the instructions I have attached my COMPUTERNAME xxxx zip archive to this post I have changed the Power Plan settings so that the Processor Performance Management settings for the System Cooling Policy are set to Passive Other than the above its a clean machine bar a few basic programs that are installed via GPO Thanks in advance for your help M

A:BSOD on Shutdown Event Log = Kernel-Processor-Power. Event ID: 6

Your NI Measurement Studio driver appears to be causing problems.

Code:
Probably caused by : NIPALK.sys
It's outdated by 11 years, if you wish to keep the program I suggest you update the driver.

Code:
88a32000 88aab000 NIPALK T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: NIPALK.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NIPALK.sys
Image name: NIPALK.sys
Timestamp: Mon May 12 22:21:05 2003 (3EC01041)
CheckSum: 0007ACFC
ImageSize: 00079000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Please remove it or update it from the following link.

NI Measurement Studio - National Instruments

EDIT, there is a fix you can download which prevents file corruption, if you can't find an updated driver then download this.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/web...C?OpenDocument

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/325971-bsod-shutdown-event-log-kernel-processor-power-event-id-6-a.html
Relevancy 86.49%

Out of the blue I get 3 event errors when I boot up my Home Premium 64 bit. First time in two years.

Event ID 7006:
The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for FailureActions with the following error:
Access is denied.

I don't have AVG. I have Agnitum Firewall, Panda Antivirus (Free).

Event ID 7009:

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the IPsec Policy Agent service to connect.

Event ID 7000:

The IPsec Policy Agent service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

When I checked the windows services table, I noticed that IPsec has in fact been started but probably not in a timely fashion. How do I get rid of these 3 annoying errors although I don't notice any performance problems in my laptop?

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Three event errors on bootup: Event ID 7006, 7000 and 7009

Hi Atom.

"Event ID 7006:
The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for FailureActions with the following error:
Access is denied."

These events are normal because of Panda Cloud Antivirus' self-protection feature.

"Event ID 7009:

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the IPsec Policy Agent service to connect."

Follow the instructions from here:

Event ID 7009 — Basic Service Operations

You can put new value as 60000 instead of 30000.

The Event ID 7000 should disappear when you boot your laptop next time.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/358827-three-event-errors-bootup-event-id-7006-7000-7009-a.html
Relevancy 86.49%

Good Evening My PC is steadily failing 1003 - System Windows (102) ID - OS Event Event Category Error with a variety of blue screen errors - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time User N A Computer PHIL-E A E C F Description Error code a System Error - Event Category (102) - Event ID 1003 Windows OS parameter f parameter ff parameter parameter f Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d a Param eters c f ff c c f ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time User N A Computer PHIL-E A E C F Description Error code parameter e parameter parameter parameter Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d Param eters e c c c ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time User N A Computer PHIL-E A E C F Description Error code parameter parameter a d bd parameter parameter Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d Param eters c a d bd c c ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Any advice guidance available in terms of what the problem is from these errors Thanks in advance nbsp

A:System Error - Event Category (102) - Event ID 1003 Windows OS

are these errors occurring out of the blue or do they happen when you run certain things? did you recently install new drivers or updates? posting the full specs of your machine and which operating system would also be helpful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-error-event-category-102-event-id-1003-windows-os.154525/
Relevancy 86.49%

So basically my pc restarts whenever it wants its getting really annoying, it comes up with serious error and it either says its device drivers or ram, but ive tested my ram with the windows diag and mem test with no errors, and ive updated all my drivers, so im not sure, any help would be muchly appreciated,

this is from the event viewer, ill have to post a copy of my next serious error report and anything else that would be helpful, thanks and plz plz plz help

Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 4/21/2007
Time: 2:34:13 AM
User: N/A
Computer: EZMIKE
Description:
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 805607c5, parameter3 f3283a84, parameter4 00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 38 1000008
0020: 65 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d e Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 63 30 eters c0
0030: 30 30 30 30 30 35 2c 20 000005,
0038: 38 30 35 36 30 37 63 35 805607c5
0040: 2c 20 66 33 32 38 33 61 , f3283a
0048: 38 34 2c 20 30 30 30 30 84, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 30 0000

A:System Error - Event Category (102) - Event ID 1003 Windows OS

got these last 4 minidumps too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-error-event-category-102-event-id-1003-windows-os.75647/
Relevancy 85.56%

I am having problems powering on from sleep using Ps or USB devices or scheduled wake event When I press the space bar or mouse from PS2, scheduled or event triggers PC wake - USB sleep event Can't button to wake nothing happens except I hear a short click sound from motherboard and the hard disc LED comes on for a split second The second time I press Can't wake PC from sleep PS2, USB or scheduled event - event triggers there is no sound or LED flash Same thing happens with Can't wake PC from sleep PS2, USB or scheduled event - event triggers a scheduled wake event from Windows I also get this happening when I quickly press and release the power on button When I press the power on button for longer than about sec guessing then the PC comes on This problem seems to have happened after upgrading to Windows from XP Pro I checked the Bios and wake with PS devices was on Also checked Device Manager Power Management for the mouse and keyboard and wake from sleep was on Also checked power management options and allow awake timers is checked It appears the wake event is happening but the duration of the momentary on mechanism is not long enough to actually turn on the PC

A:Can't wake PC from sleep PS2, USB or scheduled event - event triggers

Found the problem - it was a dying CMOS battery

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/332172-cant-wake-pc-sleep-ps2-usb-scheduled-event-event-triggers.html
Relevancy 85.56%

I am getting lots of critical errors in the event viewer Event ID Below are the details for a couple of them I have seen several posts on the web for this issue but no solutions It seems to be an issue that affects a lot of vista installs on all different pc laptops I'm running an IBM lenovo T laptop I don't know if these issues are related but frequently when I reboot the laptop it will hang during the boot up When this happens I need to Hard Boot the laptop I will then get the message that windows did not shut down correctly and asks to run a repair restore or boot window normal Sometimes I need to do this several times before it will boot up I m afraid the day is coming where it will not boot up at all I would appreciate any information someone might have Thanks Event ID Log Name Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance Operational Source Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance Date AM Event ID Task Category Shutdown Performance Monitoring Level Critical Keywords Event Log User LOCAL SERVICE Computer xxxx Description Windows has shutdown Shutdown Duration ms IsDegradation false Incident Time UTC PM Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance quot Guid quot cfc ec - b - eba- b- caee b a quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt - - Critical Event 100, Issues = Event Boot 200, 402 307, up ID Log 400, errors Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation ActivityID quot -F C - - FD - D ABE FC quot gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance Operational lt Channel gt lt Boot up Issues - Critical Event Log errors - Event ID = 100, 200, 400, 307, 402 Computer gt xxxx lt Computer gt lt Security Boot up Issues - Critical Event Log errors - Event ID = 100, 200, 400, 307, 402 UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownTsVersion quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownStartTime quot gt - - T Z lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownEndTime quot gt - - T Z lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownUserSessionTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownUserPolicyTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownUserProfilesTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownSystemSessionsTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownPreShutdownNotificationsTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownServicesTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownKernelTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownRootCauseStepImprovementBits quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownRootCauseGradualImprovementBits quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownRootCauseStepDegradationBits quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownRootCauseGradualDegradationBits quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownIsDegradation quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownTimeChange quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Event ID Log Name Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance Operational Source Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance Date AM Event ID Task Category Boot Performance Monitoring Level Critical Keywords Event Log User LOCAL SERVICE Computer xxxx Description Windows has started up Boot Duration ms IsDegradation false Incident Time UTC AM Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance quot Guid quot cfc ec - b - eba- b- caee b a quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt ... Read more

A:Boot up Issues - Critical Event Log errors - Event ID = 100, 200, 400, 307, 402

Originally Posted by mehowe

****Event ID = 400****
Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance
Date: 2/15/2009 9:51:42 AM
Event ID: 400
Task Category: System Performance Monitoring
Level: Critical
Keywords: Event Log
User: LOCAL SERVICE
Computer: xxxxx
Description:
Information about the system performance monitoring event:
Scenario : System Responsiveness
Analysis result : Analysis could not be performed in time. There is a possible serious performance issue
Incident Time (UTC) : 2/15/2009 2:49:26 PM
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance" Guid="{cfc18ec0-96b1-4eba-961b-622caee05b0a}" />
<EventID>400</EventID>
<Version>1</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>4005</Task>
<Opcode>37</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000010000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-02-15T14:51:42.799Z" />
<EventRecordID>1693</EventRecordID>
<Correlation ActivityID="{00000000-A6C8-0000-2155-6BAA7B8FC901}" />
<Execution ProcessID="2016" ThreadID="2216" />
<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational</Channel>
<Computer>xxxxx</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="ShellScenarioStartTime">2009-02-15T14:49:26.386Z</Data>
<Data Name="ShellScenarioEndTime">2009-02-15T14:49:31.386Z</Data>
<Data Name="ShellSubScenario">1</Data>
<Data Name="ShellScenarioDuration">5000</Data>
<Data Name="ShellRootCauseBits">0</Data>
<Data Name="ShellAnalysisResult">2</Data>
<Data Name="ShellDegradationType">1</Data>
<Data Name="ShellTsVersion">1</Data>
<Data Name="ShellMachineUpTimeHours">0</Data>
<Data Name="ShellMachineSleepPattern">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I fear you are close to a catastrophic Windows Crash, Which may or may not allow you to recover and boot into Windows.
I suggest You Use Vista File Backup Ultility right now and back up your User Data, then Reformat/Restall Windows ASAP. It is hard to tell what is causing the critical performance issues, but you can check here. If it is a hardware issue , Reinstalling Vista will not fix it.

Repair Install For Vista

Start> in search type, perfmon > click the program, click "continue"> Click "Reliability Monitor" to see what Software/Hardware issues are occurring

Ps- Do Not Use Registry Cleaners, Get Yourself a good Antivirus Program, Use Windows Defender, and ALWAYS use UAC, and maybe, if this is software related, it will not occur again.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/210809-boot-up-issues-critical-event-log-errors-event-id-100-200-400-307-402-a.html
Relevancy 85.56%

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with an Events 1001 and/or 902 crash when I run GTA V it occurs at random times, and without warning. I've reset Windows 10 Pro, uninstalled and reinstalled the game but I keep getting the crashes. Windows 10 Pro should be up to date, I have my doubts about my mouse as the manufacturer hasn't released updated drivers in some time, and the rest of my peripherals/utilities should be up to date. Thanks in advance

A:Event 1001 and Event 902 at Random times while running GTA V

Hi,

Try updating your network driver (iqvw64e.sys) here: -

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51391-event-1001-event-902-random-times-while-running-gta-v.html
Relevancy 85.56%

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 2

The details view of this entry contains further information.

I run a Cyberpowerpc with an AMD FX(tm)-4130 Quad-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
I have WINDOWS 8.1 NOT 7, NOT 10, NOT VISTA, 8 EIGHT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/aa124f1f-2d50-45ae-a4df-c71d38654082/oh-boy-problem-1-event-properties-event-18-whealogger?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 85.56%

Hi My computer runs for all Event 1000, log 1001+2, Including ID's 11, event 80, etc... swarm! practical purposes I guess Event log swarm! Including event ID's 1000, 80, 11, 1001+2, etc... but I can certainly feel that there is good reason for all event log errors while working on my windows For example the blue screen Event log swarm! Including event ID's 1000, 80, 11, 1001+2, etc... of death appears once every - months or earlier today the computer just started getting really slow given my GB memory this raaarely happens or quot windows explorer quot would randomly crash however when this does happen it usually happens just once during a session then it restarts and it's fine so it's Event log swarm! Including event ID's 1000, 80, 11, 1001+2, etc... not preventing me from using my computer it's just something's wrong and it shouldn't be and I want to fix it I have rows and columns of event log errors such as event ID event ID and much more but since addressing all of them at once will probably invade the entire forum I prefer to address them perhaps in little bundles so I don't annoy the experts and exploit the resources Also I have a feeling that once I start fixing some of them many others will disappear automatically I'm sorry if my post is a bit vague but this is my first time here so please be patient with me and just tell me whatever information you need from me to narrow things down and I will do that I have provided a link to a few of my event logs to OneDrive which I appropriately labeled to make it easier to distinguish which one is which http drv ms mlhJJ Thank you so much in advance

A:Event log swarm! Including event ID's 1000, 80, 11, 1001+2, etc...

Hello and welcome Allen mate just to try a few rather obvious bits and pieces and to start eliminating stuff run these the first two in safe mode if you have to then the malwares as long as the machine keeps running.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < use the /f and /r options in Option2 if necessary

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download from bleeping computer ? delete any rubbishthese find.

I must say it is refreshing to find that a member has included the system specs for a change - well done!

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/349907-event-log-swarm-including-event-ids-1000-80-11-1001-2-etc.html
Relevancy 85.25%

Slow booting nbsp Really slow booting fails failed to Kernel-PnP) resulting WUDFRd to Driverframeworks-Usermode) start in 10114, (event UMDF 219, Reflector load... (event nbsp Seems that using an SD card for ReadyBoot ReadyBoost is causing the UMDF Reflector fails to start (event 10114, Driverframeworks-Usermode) resulting in WUDFRd failed to load... (event 219, Kernel-PnP) issue nbsp But why On investigation this only started happening back in November which coincides with the install of KB UMDF http support microsoft com kb UMDF Reflector fails to start (event 10114, Driverframeworks-Usermode) resulting in WUDFRd failed to load... (event 219, Kernel-PnP) Could be a bit buggy I'll uninstall the update and see if this solves the issue So first event Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp System Source nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode Date nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Event ID nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category Startup of the UMDF reflector Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Information Keywords nbsp nbsp nbsp User nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SYSTEM Computer nbsp nbsp nbsp LAPTOPW A Description The UMDF reflector was unable to complete startup because the WUDFPf service was not found nbsp This service may be started later during boot at which point Windows will attempt to start the device again Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode quot Guid quot E AAEB- F- BEB-A - E C E D quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventID gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp lt Version gt lt Version gt nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp lt Correlation gt nbsp nbsp lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt LAPTOPW A lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt UserData gt nbsp nbsp lt UMDFReflectorDependencyMissing xmlns auto-ns quot http schemas microsoft com win events quot xmlns quot http www microsoft com DriverFrameworks UserMode Event quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Dependency gt WUDFPf lt Dependency gt nbsp nbsp lt UMDFReflectorDependencyMissing gt nbsp lt UserData gt lt Event gt and Second event Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp System Source nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Event ID nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Warning Keywords nbsp nbsp nbsp User nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SYSTEM Computer nbsp nbsp nbsp LAPTOPW A Description The driver Driver WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot UMB amp c b amp amp STORAGE VOLUME SD VID amp OID amp PID SD G amp REV amp BB amp amp Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP quot Guid quot C A - - D-ABD -E C quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventID gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp lt Version gt lt Version gt nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp lt Correlation gt nbsp nbsp lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt LAPTOPW A lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot DriverNameLength quot gt lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot DriverName quot gt WpdBusEnumRoot UMB amp amp c b amp amp amp amp STORAGE VOLUME SD VID amp amp OID amp amp PID SD G amp amp REV amp amp BB amp amp amp amp lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt D... Read more

A:UMDF Reflector fails to start (event 10114, Driverframeworks-Usermode) resulting in WUDFRd failed to load... (event 219, Kernel-PnP)

Hmm.  Now that is interesting.
In my System event log I was getting an NTFS error (57: Failed to flush tlog).  I didn't think it was from my HDD, so using diskpart, I ran a 'CLEAN ALL' on my SD card, then recreated the FS as exFAT (previously it was NTFS).
Seems to be working now, although I'm getting VDS Basic Provider errors (Unexpected failure.  Error code:
[email protected]) "which can be safely ignored" (re: KB979391).
This begs the question: if it can be safely ignored, why is it raised in the first place?
Boot time is also restored to an acceptable timescale.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/38b2ae86-c726-4bb0-8b7d-48e6773ab5f7/umdf-reflector-fails-to-start-event-10114-driverframeworksusermode-resulting-in-wudfrd-failed-to?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 84.01%

Hello fellow forum users I am not sure where to begin but I'll start out by saying that I have been googling this one for a few days now Followed the guides I've found and have not had Help? event Event 10016 DistributedCOM resloution. - success fixing this event Problem Windows 's event viewer is littered with the same DCOM event over and over again I have traced the issue to my browser the event is logged every time I launch the browser The following is what the log generates quot The application-specific permission Event 10016 - DistributedCOM event resloution. Help? settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID E B D-F A- D -B A - and APPID E B C-F A- D -B A - to the user GIGABYTE Britton SID S- - - - - - - from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool quot Following the instructions on several similar guides pertaining to event all lead me to the Component Services interface I have went into the registry and taken ownership of the above key values at the root folder At first making Administrator the owner and then making my name the owner quot Gigabyte Britton quot in a desperate attempt to make it stop The problem I am having is that under Windows the Component Services are not only greyed out but the ID String E B C-F A- D -B A - is no where to be found and there does not appear to be a way to create it from within that interface The REG SZ key says this DCOM event is for the quot Search Gatherer Notification quot followed by that long alphanumeric code above in a second REG SZ line within the registry Though even that specific name is not present in the Component Services either Now perhaps this error is nothing to be concerned with its just frustrating that the other random errors and notifications have been resolved Leaving only the DCOM event which like I stated at the top seems to stem from Firefox when I open it The other troubling one dealt with the AMD SATA event for a reset to my boot drive Port My own guesses about this lead me to think it has something to do with Cortana integration or lack of into Firefox as my settings have it so searches via the built in Cortana search function automatically opens Firefox and loads Google com results My next guess is perhaps one of my browser plugins could be causing it It is my hope that some one out there has the experience necessary to help me figure this one out I am not sure where else to turn and any help is appreciated Screenshot of the registry editor and the error logs inside the event viewer application additional screen prints available if requested Thank You Britton Addendum Created after OP was posted I just tried to set the permission in the registry for the other key E B D-F A- D -B A - Just noticed its like one letter off and it was located directly above the other registry keys in a separate folder I am not allowed to take ownership of this and neither is the administrator produces Access is denied message

A:Event 10016 - DistributedCOM event resloution. Help?

Sigh, yeah I don't think this one will ever get an answer, oh well at least I got to make my first post on Ten Forums (YaY). So long Win 7 forums!

As for my posted topic above, I'll come back and check it out later, who knows I might get lucky and someone knows what all this DCOM crap is about. Just read up on it on Wikipedia (Distributed Component Object Model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Even after reading about what the acronym stands for, along with the rest of the info on that page, I don't really get what that has to do with a local PC's operation, seems DCOM is for handling browser calls and Object Library's which is beyond my scope of knowledge.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41044-event-10016-distributedcom-event-resloution-help.html
Relevancy 84.01%

Hi there I've spent a good hrs searching for a fix to my problem - including SevenForums - with no success I just purchased a Clevo P HM with i - XM processor and GTX graphics card It's an awesome system I went into event log and after noticing a few critical and error events I decided to fix the important ones I've done this - except for the Error - Event DHCP Client quot Your computer was not assigned an address from the network by the DHCP Server for the Network Card with network address x EB The following error occurred x Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address DHCP 1001: Client DHCP Event Event Log server quot This is the most common of the events but others have network address' of x F and x A C all with the same error x Many people have thoughts on what's causing it so here's what I've done - Confirmed all my network drivers etc are all up to date - Followed and completed the full Windows help Event Log Event 1001: DHCP Client file on the topic - This includes pinging myself and the DNS address' to confirm responses - Completed a release and renewal of the ipconfig command on the DHCP lease - Disabled ipv in all network adaptors - Disabled ICS in all network Event Log Event 1001: DHCP Client display adaptors after restart checking services - Disabled enabled Bonjour to eliminate - Checked services of DNS auto DHC auto etc etc - Turned off Virgin Broadband on one restart to see if the error occured which it still did so I'm sure it's not that connection - A few other things I can't remember over hrs I thought it might be my Bluetooth network coming up in Network and Sharing Centre as 'Unidentified Network' or that it is a work network where my Virgin Broadband USB is on a home network in Network and Sharing Centre I cannot amend the Bluetooth 'Unidentified Network' name I also noted that my Bluetooth connection is coming up as an 'Internet connection' rather than a PAN but this could be because my iPhone has been discovered added and used as a tethering on the internet on occasion My bluetooth is a separate USB and not on my wifi card When I completed ipconfig all to check on this I noted that all have DHCP enabled except for Virtual Netork and Virgin Broadband I also noted that my Intel N Ultimate wifi card did not have the ipv address listed and did not have preferred next to it When I conducted the ipconfig renew command my N wifi card could not be included in this because it has not been connected to a network - I use my Virgin Broadband USB for internet at least until I trade this in for a prepaid wifi device Maybe completing the ipconfig renew command when I have a network connected to the N wifi card There are STACKS of users out there trying to fix this issue I believe most are not finding their answers and have probably tried everything I've listed as doing without success I'm hoping by displaying my efforts on this that we will get an answer hopefully that others can use to get rid of this error that pops up on every system boot many MANY thanks in advance for your help It is GREATLY appreciated

A:Event Log Event 1001: DHCP Client

I've had a problem with DHCP renew not working properly for months, not sure when it started. I've tried registry settings, new drivers, etc. Nothing has worked. Often I only lose my IP address for a second or less, but of course, this is enough for any open connection to drop.

After DHCP renew fails to the point of my connection being lost, some other DHCP mechanism kicks in which (almost) always works at once.

Right now, however, the problem seems to have gone away.

What I did was uninstall the driver from my network card (Realtek RTL8168D/8111D), again and again, until it was no longer possible to uninstall the remaining driver (Windows default I'm guessing).

Then, after some time, an optional update appeared in Windows Update. It was a network driver that was released by Microsoft on May 14, 2009.

After I installed this driver, DHCP renew has never failed.

I'm sorry if this gives you false hope in solving your issue (which perhaps is different), I just had to provide the one thing that actually worked for me. I know your frustration!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/158233-event-log-event-1001-dhcp-client.html
Relevancy 84.01%

This DNS Event 1014, Event Warning Client has been popping up in my event log and preplexing me I want to get rid of it but don t know what exactly is generating it and wondering if anyone has any insight Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Warning Keywords User NETWORK SERVICE Computer Fireball Description Name resolution for the name www cryptodan com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client quot Guid quot C E- EEA- A -A FE-A B DDB D quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Fireball lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt Event 1014, DNS Client Event Warning System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot Event 1014, DNS Client Event Warning QueryName quot gt www cryptodan com lt Data gt lt Data Name quot AddressLength quot gt lt Data gt Event 1014, DNS Client Event Warning lt Data Name quot Address quot gt C A lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Event 1014, DNS Client Event Warning

You could always clear certain logs usually found on the windows event logs. The ones that need most attention under this logs are Critical events. I have certain events pertaining to DNS client logs/details and is not affecting any performance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/440104/event-1014-dns-client-event-warning/
Relevancy 84.01%

I have a HP D XP SP Here s what I ve done Ran MEMTEST v twice NO errors updated ALL drivers from NIC BIOS video to chipset reinstalled XP but did NOT format Machine STILL crashes with BSODs Before the reinstall I did see DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and a PFN LIST CORRUPT both which appear to point to RAM problems I even went back to use the original RAM chips but it continues Event (102), ID: Category: Event crashing XP 1003 with SP3 to crash XP SP3 crashing with Event Category: (102), Event ID: 1003 Should I attach the dmp files crash log as well Here are the errors the nd indicates Symantec Anti Virus is being disabled Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer xxxx Description Error code e parameter c parameter bf f d parameter b fbd parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d e Param eters c c bf f d c b fb c d -------------------- vent Type Error Event Source Service Control Manager Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer xxxx Description The SAVRT service failed to start due to the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning For more information see Help and Support Center at go microsoft com fwlink events asp nbsp

A:XP SP3 crashing with Event Category: (102), Event ID: 1003

The minimum Passes for Memtest is 7 and the more the better. 0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware and is a very strong indicator of corrupted memory.

0x4E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is possibly the single strongest indicator of corrupted memory though there may be other reasons.

* Rerun memtest over night and check it in the morning. One other thing you can check through the BIOS is to see if the motherboard has set the RAM voltage to the manufacture's specs.

*** Attach the five most recent minidumps. Don't zip each one individually. Put them in one Zip file.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-sp3-crashing-with-event-category-102-event-id-1003.145299/
Relevancy 84.01%

Please advise what this error might be I've started getting several times a day Log Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Admin Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Date Event ID Task Category Session Level Error Keywords Session User SYSTEM Computer Description Session quot quot failed to start with the following error xC Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing quot Guid quot B EC -BDB - -BC -F FDC D CA quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Kernel- Event is Error Tracing? What Event 2 Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Admin lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Swale lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot SessionName quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot FileName quot gt lt Data gt lt What is Error Event 2 Kernel- Event Tracing? Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot LoggingMode quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:What is Error Event 2 Kernel- Event Tracing?

Any ideas what this maybe due to?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/72419-what-error-event-2-kernel-event-tracing.html
Relevancy 81.22%

Hello
I am new to Microsoft Message Analyzer and just downloaded version 1.4 and installed on my Windows 10 laptop
I saved my Windows System Event log as an .evtx file to have some data to start looking at. I note the column entitled 'summary' appears to show the body of the event message. However I see many rows which state "unable to retrieve the event description"
in this column, what do I need to do to fix this issues please? could it of been the way that I saved the .evtx file in the first instance (I accepted the defaults) or do I need to install some additional files/components so the messages are displayed
correctly?

Thanks all
Ernest

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a02a5fbb-39e8-4998-8b8d-ec30abd458a0/when-viewing-system-event-log-evtx-file-many-events-show-quotunable-to-retrieve-the-event?forum=messageanalyzer
Relevancy 81.22%

Event Log Explorer A tool to help Manage Analyze and Report Windows Event Logs For Windows NT XP operating systems This is a simple quot starter quot guide to help use this tool Note this tool will only work on Windows NT XP It will not work with Windows Vista Download and run Event Log Explorer One time initialization Click Tree- gt Show Tree Click File- gt New Workspace Click File- gt Save Workspace As and save your workspace file anywhere you choose Example To Filter View Export Recent Error and Warning Log Events Open an Event Log gt gt e g Typically you only need look at the System Log for System event records and the Application Log for Application related events Filter the events you want to see for this example we filter to only see Non-Information events that occured in the last days gt gt Click View- gt Filter gt gt Uncheck Information Towards the bottom of the filter window look for Display event for the last enter days Click OK Click File- gt Export Log to save a "Event Event Windows Logs helps Log on your tool Explorer" manage/analyze/report copy of the events for later viewing or sending to others gt gt Check Text file All events Event Description gt gt Uncheck Export Event Data gt gt Check Close dialog "Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs when done Click Export and save as a txt file on your Desktop Help Troubleshooting an Event Double click an event to see the quot Event Description quot which provides more detail about the event Click Event ID Database button for "Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs an web page about the event to get general explanation additional information about the Event Look for and click hyperlinks in the Event ID web page for user comments on the "Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs event You may note that some additional automated help is available via subscription service I ve never tried using the subscription service myself I think what s available for free from the tool plus a little manual internet surfing will likely get all the same information nbsp

A:"Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs

I use the subscription to EventID.net. It has been greatly helpful. I don't have this analyser but am a big believer in using the Event Viewer. I'll add a description I have written up which will help in determining the Events: This may be useful in addition to the Event Analyzer.

One thing I have not been able to do is keep the filters set with the software in the OS.

Find the Error(s)in the Event Viewer that correspond to the crash/freeze/error message/blue screen, etc.:

Description of the Event Viewer:

Unfortunately, many Windows XP users aren't aware of the Event Viewer, what it is, where it is, how it can help with a problem:
The Event Viewer has logs for everything that happens on the computer. There are three sets of logs: System, Applications and Security. By opening the first two to display the Events, you can look for Errors that correspond to the time of the problem- in your case, the crash.

There are three types of Events in the System and Apps logs:
1. Information (white circle w/blue i): this is just basic documentation of the normal working of the System or Apps.
2. Warnings (yellow triangle w/black exclamation mark) noting some problem at that moment. Warnings usually resolve on their own. If they do not, they become>>>
3. Errors (red circle w/white X- they document something that didn't work or isn't happening as it should. Each Errors has three parts: an ID#, a Source and a Description. By doing a right click> Properties, the Error will open to a screen that can be copied. These three parts taken together can usually lead to cause and resolution.Click to expand...

Start> Run> type in eventvwr
Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
1. Click to open the log>
2. Look for the Error>
3 .Right click on the Error> Properties>
4. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow
5. Paste here (Ctrl V)

You can ignore the Categories 1 and 2. If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed. You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.
Vista path can be followed here: (Copy button is on lower left)
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Monitoring-Event-Logs-Windows-Vista.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-log-explorer-tool-helps-manage-analyze-report-on-your-windows-event-logs.130078/
Relevancy 80.91%

Folks -

I get this error form IE. Let me know if you guys come across this and have fix.!!

Thanks..

Event Type: Error
Event Source: msie6030
Event Category: None
Event ID: 421
Date: 3/10/2004
Time: 6:58:06 AM
User: domain\username
Computer: hostname
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 421 ) in Source ( msie6030 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: The etc variable (D:\temp\username) is not defined for terminal server for user: username.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-id-421-in-source-msie6030.210684/
Relevancy 80.91%

Has this error been dogging your system, too?

g

A:Unusual event source

Info here My computer is not the Master Browser

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/125197-unusual-event-source.html
Relevancy 80.91%

I get a system hang randomly. image on screen is frozen and sound loops. nothing in minidump. I would appreciate any help, thank you.

GENERAL(tab)
Session "Microsoft-Windows-Setup" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

DETAILS(tab)
- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing
[ Guid] {B675EC37-BDB6-4648-BC92-F3FDC74D3CA2}

EventID 3

Version 0

Level 2

Task 2

Opcode 14

Keywords 0x8000000000000010

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2010-08-01T06:13:46.109600000Z

EventRecordID 81

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 152

Channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin

Computer Doom-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

SessionName Microsoft-Windows-Setup
FileName C:\Windows\Panther\setup.etl
ErrorCode 3221225485
LoggingMode 5

A:event 3, kernel-event tracing

Quote: Originally Posted by pruw

I get a system hang randomly. image on screen is frozen and sound loops. nothing in minidump. I would appreciate any help, thank you.

GENERAL(tab)
Session "Microsoft-Windows-Setup" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

DETAILS(tab)
- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing
[ Guid] {B675EC37-BDB6-4648-BC92-F3FDC74D3CA2}

EventID 3

Version 0

Level 2

Task 2

Opcode 14

Keywords 0x8000000000000010

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2010-08-01T06:13:46.109600000Z

EventRecordID 81

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 152

Channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin

Computer Doom-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

SessionName Microsoft-Windows-Setup
FileName C:\Windows\Panther\setup.etl
ErrorCode 3221225485
LoggingMode 5

Is win 7 installed already?
Do you have a backup from before the problem started?
Do you have a working win 7 dvd to do a repair install?

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Go to the windows log>application tab.

You want to look for critical errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

Let us know if you need help with any of this.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/101206-event-3-kernel-event-tracing.html
Relevancy 80.91%

In the wiever event every day i find - errors the ID event is SidebySide The errors is Activation context generation failed for quot C Program Files x Nero Nero Nero Toolkit DiscSpeed exe Manifest quot Error in manifest or policy file quot quot on line A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active Conflicting components are Component C Windows WinSxS manifests amd microsoft windows common-controls b ccf df none f f ee cd manifest Component C Windows 78 Wiever SidebySide Event Event WinSxS manifests x microsoft windows common-controls b ccf df none cb f a b ed manifest Activation context generation failed for quot C Program Files x Nero Nero Nero PhotoSnap PhotoSnap Wiever Event Event 78 SidebySide exe Manifest quot Error in manifest or policy file quot quot on line A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active Conflicting components are Component C Windows WinSxS manifests x microsoft windows common-controls b ccf df none cb f a b ed manifest Component C Windows WinSxS manifests amd microsoft windows common-controls b ccf df none f f ee cd manifest Activation context generation failed for quot C Program Files x Nero Nero Nero PhotoSnap PhotoSnapViewer exe Manifest quot Error in manifest or policy file quot quot on line A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active Conflicting components are Component C Windows WinSxS manifests x microsoft windows common-controls b ccf df none cb f a b ed manifest Component C Windows WinSxS manifests amd microsoft windows common-controls b ccf df none f f ee cd manifest What are this errors There is solution Thanks again

A:Wiever Event Event 78 SidebySide

Hello!

Sorry for the late reply. I am actually taking a short break until the weekend, but I will try my very hardest to provide you with a rapid response. This error is not particularly easy to fix, but it does have solutions and workarounds. However, you have it in its very worst form. VC++ versioning errors are best, post SP2 Windows components x86-x64 the worst, what you have.

The fixes will be slightly tricky, and I don't have very much time at the moment, so please try step one here: How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Try for a day. If those errors don't appear, we have found the one using the other control. Otherwise, it is Windows, and we need to look at other solutions.

Do these applications work? If you start them manually, do you get this error message again, as I think you will?

I will explain more later.

Thanks again!

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/286786-wiever-event-event-78-sidebyside.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Hi,

For the past 3 nights between 2100 and 2200 Event Viewer has been recording a string of approximately 150 'Kernel Event Tracing'events. The system works ok, but as I sit and watch, the event viewer racks up about 1 every 5 seconds. I have attached a screen shot.

The PC is about 5 years old, but this install of Windows 7 SP1 was done about 1 month ago along with the addition of a Samsung SSD.
My searches have not found any suggested solutions other than system restore or download a 'Registry Fix' which doesn't appeal to me at all.

Any help would be appreciated.
Rob.

A:Kernel Event Tracing Event ID 2

Hi try this. Rename this file: %windir%\panther\setup.etl to setup.old and reboot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/kernel-event-tracing-event-id-2-a-1018866.html
Relevancy 80.91%

I have tried to change the properties of the SYSTEM event log, but changes will not stick.

I am trying to change the properties by right-clicking the sytem event log and choosing one of three options:Overwrite as needed
Archive the log when full
Do not overwrite events
The system is currently configured to NOT OVERWRITE, and I am missing the events leading up to recent crashes.

While I can click the first two options, the setting reverts when I press OK or APPLY.

Attached is a screenshot.

Note: I do not have this problem changing the properties of the Application log or Security log, but the System log refuses to change.

Currently running Windows 7 Pro (version 6.1) on an ASUS motherboard.

How to solve?

A:EVENT LOG - Cannot change event log properties

Have you tried to increase the log size and then see if they will stick?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/event-log-cannot-change-event-log-properties-488664.html
Relevancy 80.91%

The past 3 days I have been having random freezes for no specific reason. I have run memtest86 an it found no errors. I have run the windows disk checking program as well with no errors. The only thing I recently installed into my computer hardware wise is a new graphics card the gtx 560ti. I have a minidump file if anyone wants to take a look at it. Also this freezing happens in firefox usually and I have to do a hard shutdown.

A:Event Id 1001 and Event Id 41 Freezing

Quote: Originally Posted by Star103

The past 3 days I have been having random freezes for no specific reason. I have run memtest86 an it found no errors. I have run the windows disk checking program as well with no errors. The only thing I recently installed into my computer hardware wise is a new graphics card the gtx 560ti. I have a minidump file if anyone wants to take a look at it. Also this freezing happens in firefox usually and I have to do a hard shutdown.

We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/195649-event-id-1001-event-id-41-freezing.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Greetings Not more than - months ago I built a new system in anticipation for WAR The system was built to be obviously a gaming computer as well as a system I could do a bit of graphic programming on Up until last month it was blazing fast I mean insanely powerful until one day when I was playing TF I had just loaded up the game got ready to spawn into a fort 9 ID event & APATI event error 51 ID server walked out onto the sniper deck and I felt a massive system lag spike Next thing I know there's blood all over the wall and my char had gotten shot in the head before I even knew what was going on So I figured maybe it APATI error event ID 9 & event ID 51 just needs a reboot I rebooted and everything was fine until it reached the Windows loading screen Once there it sat for about minutes and finally booted completely However at that point loading anything games web pages you name it took at least twice as long as it should On top of this issue the system lag spikes seemed to come every hours and in groups of s for a session of groups What I mean by this is APATI Error Event ID APATI error event ID 9 & event ID 51 Device Ide IdePort did not respond within the timeout period Disk Warning Event ID An error was detected on device Device Harddisk D during a paging operation FEW SECONDS PASS APATI Error Event ID Device Ide IdePort did not respond within the timeout period Disk Warning Event ID An error was detected on device Device Harddisk D during a paging operation FEW SECONDS PASS APATI Error Event ID Device Ide IdePort did not respond within the timeout period Disk Warning Event ID An error was detected on device Device Harddisk D during a paging operation FEW SECONDS PASS APATI Error Event ID Device Ide IdePort did not respond within the timeout period Disk Warning APATI error event ID 9 & event ID 51 Event ID An error was detected on device Device Harddisk D during a paging operation System stabilizes but is still slow And when this happens processor use spikes also and the HDD working light is solid No new hardware was installed before this problem began However the errors have me thinking even though the SATA HDD is brand spanking new it just might be going bad I have tried the HDD on different SATA ports and everything is still loads slow Though I am not sure if it's spiked like before System Config winXP Pro sp MSI P Neo SLI Ready Mobo Default Optimized settings BIOS Intel Core Quad GHz Gig DDR - - - Crucial Ballistix Nvidia GeForce GT MB Seagate Barracuda Gig SATA HDD If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it Thanks in advance

A:APATI error event ID 9 & event ID 51

Hi Pyrrhic, welcome to TSF..

have you tried different SATA cables?

As you mentioned the drive may be starting to fail...it can happen to drives of any age so it would probably be an idea to download and run the manufacturer's diagnostic tools so you can perform some exhaustive checks on the integrity of the disk. That should give you a good idea if the drive is beginning to fail.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/apati-error-event-id-9-and-event-id-51-a-263824.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Hi folks,

I noticed lately a lot of "Sorry what ever program I had open at the time has to close because it has encountered problems" something like that.

Also a balloon has been popping up lately saying "Virtual Memory is Low" that windows is going to increase it. I checked and Virtual Memory is set at 1534MB. I have 1gig of ram running XP Pro w/SP2 current. MOBO A8V Deluxe.

In the event viewer I see a lot of warnings for (source) ftdisk (category) Disk (event) 57.

Can anyone possibly tell me what any of this means? Thanks for any and all help.

Rilla927

A:Event Viewer?

Could your computer be infected with spyware? If it's possible read this and follow the instructions: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic50981.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-viewer.57454/
Relevancy 80.91%

Hi

Does anyone have any information about Event viewer (right my computer, then click manage) and how to use it. and if you find an error in your system how do you go on about it and fix it.

cos I have got few errors but dont know how to fix it.

Please help

A:Event Viewer

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427/en-us

Errors are common and those logs are likely there since your computer was initially installed. If I were you I would clear the logs and then see if a specific error is reoccuring.

Most of these errors affect your PC very little unless your computer is blue screening, in which case it would document all the information from the blue screen.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/event-viewer-217172.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Overview Within Custom Views there are categories nbsp Administrative Events displays informative messages for the logs Microsoft-Windows-GWX-Ins Debug and Microsoft-Windows-GWX-Ins Operational The specified channel could not be found Check The solution nbsp Edit the Custom View Properties and remove the now redundant entries from the XML as the update from W to W has been completed Problem Custom View Properties is marked as Read Only with all options except labels and Cancel greyed out Using the facility to Export Custom View edit file Event Viewer as required nbsp and then Import Event Viewer Custom View also fails as the view is marked as Read Only This restriction Event Viewer also applies to Summary page events Creating a shortcut to eventvwr msc and assigning the Administrator privilege does not nbsp alter this quot Read Only quot restriction Solution Is there a Registry hack or a Local Policy change that would lift this Read Only restriction and thus enable editing of either view as required by a user Summary I would be grateful to receive a solution or work-around to this problem and if possible an explanation as to nbsp why this 'Read Only' restriction was implemented in these categories while the remaining categories can be edited Thanking you in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8d644226-4973-4ad5-a256-665a6b31a5e0/event-viewer?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 80.91%

when I try to run the evenlog I get the following Event Log service is unavailable. Varify that the service is running. In the services pannel it is listed as running. However it is not. I have tried system restor but same issue. I don't know if it could be turned off in the registry or just what would cause this. I think the registry was modified and for some reason I have noticed certain registry entrys don't always get restored if you use system restore . Can someone help me maybe the great Brink I hear about. I see many other people are having this issue but no one has a fix so far. Thanks

A:event viewer

Quote: Originally Posted by bear54

when I try to run the evenlog I get the following Event Log service is unavailable. Varify that the service is running. In the services pannel it is listed as running. However it is not. I have tried system restor but same issue. I don't know if it could be turned off in the registry or just what would cause this. I think the registry was modified and for some reason I have noticed certain registry entrys don't always get restored if you use system restore . Can someone help me maybe the great Brink I hear about. I see many other people are having this issue but no one has a fix so far. Thanks

Repair install from the win 7 dvd.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/218502-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 80.91%

After doing a lot of digging and hair-pulling, I think I found the solution to a hard drive problem. Now my problem is that the instructions are for WinXP/2000 and I can't seem to find out how to do it on Win8.1.

Here is the original thread: Unrecoverable Error: Convert Folder to File (Y/N)? Yes.

I've used a hex editor before, so I understand the concept, but I can't locate the right logs in event viewer to start the process. How do I follow the first half of those directions in Win8.1?

Should be pretty much similar to this What information appears in event logs? (Event Viewer) - Microsoft Windows Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/event-viewer-790594.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Viewer in Always Event Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard eMachines EL G Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled I feel silly posting this because it s not really a big issue just bugs me that it s been since August of last year trying to figure it out I m going to include a few screen captures that are past dated but nothing has changed Evidently my UNINSTALL of a program SuperAdBlocker at that time was incomplete Always in Event Viewer amp no I don t remember if I used Control Panel Programs amp Features or if I used the programs own uninstall utility I have checked Device Mgr Show Hidden Devices amp there s nothing there Now please understand that I m a PC novice so I could be a million miles off when I ask Always in Event Viewer my actual question which will involve Always in Event Viewer nd amp or rd shot quot Can I just Delete or Remove the offender from somewhere in the Add-Ons quot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/always-in-event-viewer.1091974/
Relevancy 80.91%

Hello,

This morning, I started my computer and it was stuck at Starting Windows. I rebooted and got into Windows normal. I checked my Event Viewer and it says:

Any driver I need?

Open the Event Viewer again click Detail tab and post a Snip.
You may have to full screen Event Viewer and Snip just the detail window to see everything, it may be a longer listing.
It may save you making multiple Snips.
That may give us more info.

I don't recognize it from the info shown.
Also check to see if you have any yellow flags next to any listings in Device Manager.
You may have to open each tab/curtain to see all the individual devices.
If there are any yellow flags post a Snip of the yellow flagged devices.

Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/155768-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 80.91%

After reading through a current post I checked through my event viewer and found the following. Under System, Warning user 32, Error, Service Control Mng. Then under Application several warnings for userenv, several errors for Application hang and Application error, also several warnings for Win mgmt and MS installer.

Anyone enlighten me what this means.

shipboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/event-viewer-199616.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - Viewer Event in This - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft SystemCertificates My Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft SystemCertificates CA This in Event Viewer Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass exe has This in Event Viewer opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft SystemCertificates Disallowed I am getting this seems to be on restarts i got a couple of them what is it

A:This in Event Viewer

Hello,

Here the Microsoft KB for this issue Event ID&#58; 1530 may be logged in the Application log on a Windows 7-based or Windows Vista-based client computer

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/58184-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 80.91%

hi guys,

I have had windows 8 installed for about 4 days now and I just looked in event viewer and there are lots of kernel power and kernel pnp warnings and errors.

event id 137 says. . . The system firmware has changed the processor's memory type range registers (MTRRs) across a sleep state transition (S5). This can result in reduced resume performance

and event id 219 says... The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\SensorsAndLocationEnum\LPSensorSWDevice.

can anyone help me with these please or are they ok ?

pc is running ok I think, just a few app errors and steam errors in the event viewer aswell.

the event id 219 I just started getting today but the event id 137 has been happening a lot