Windows Support Forum

XP reverts to on-board sound

Q: XP reverts to on-board sound

Hey all,

On my studio pc, I've installed a new rack mounted firewire audio interface in the studio. On the other drives (windows 8.1) the interface has installed perfectly but on the xp drive, although the drivers etc have been installed, once set, it works perfectly with the new outboard soundcard.

However, whenever I reboot to the xp drive, xp always reverts back to the on-board realtek sound card. I set the default to the new interface (a Presonus Firestudio Project) but every reboot it defaults to the realtek.

The motherboard is a P5N-E SLI if that helps.

How can I stop this happening so the new interface is the default?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-reverts-to-on-board-sound.208179/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: XP reverts to on-board sound

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello All I ve been having this issue while playing on Asus P4P800S-X Sound On-Board Board games lately I just got an Intel Ghz Prescott with Gig of DDR ram and I m now using an ATI Radeon by Sapphire MB DDR I dont have a sound card so I m using the one on-board that comes with On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board the Asus P P S-X motherboard SoundMax While im playing a game after a reboot everything is fine for about a minute then the video starts lagging and lagging and getting worse and worse Its like it locks up more and more and the sound cuts alot To the point that its not even close to being fun playing anymore The game On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board im playing is Guild Wars which requires alot less than I have I also talk on Skype at the same time and when I m fighting or more guys I cant even hear anything on Skype I have a mbps connection on cable And this is with the game graphics at the lowest Now get this If I disable the audio in the Bios and load up the game with full graphics smooth nice game play I ve tested playing a long time and its perfect with no lag at all Now I m guessing that is pretty conclusive Should I get a Sound Blaster Live or could it still be something else Conflicts Im also running windows xp sp Thanks for taking the time XeroVariX -- lt SYSTEM CONFIGURATION gt -- On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board CPU Pentium GHz Mhz FSB MEMORY Gig DDR RAM MOTHERBOARD Asus P P S-X Intel Chipset Mhz FSB CASE Watt Power Supply VIDEO CARD Sapphire ATI Radeon MB DDR AGP HARD DRIVE Quantum Fireball GIG RPM ND HARD DRIVE Western Digital GIG RPM DVD-R DRIVE LG X DVD Burner SOUND CARD SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio NETWORK CARD On-Board Realtek RTL Family PCI MONITOR Viewsonic quot M B KEYBOARD Key PS MOUSE Logitech MX Optical Mouse USB CONNECTION Mbit Cable OS Windows XP Pro Service Pack nbsp

A:On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board

Have you loaded the motherboard makers sound chip drivers, or is it just limping along on the default Windows drivers? Might make a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-on-asus-p4p800s-x-board.419647/
Relevancy 57.62%

kk so my gf's surround sound works and all but everytime she restarts/shutdown, the settings go back to 2.1 which is annoying cuz my gf turns off her PC everynight.

ASUS P4SD-LA
Realtek AC'97 a3.81 driver
Creative Inspire T5400
Windows XP Pro SP2

i have reinstalled and installed the latest audio drivers.
any other ideas?

A:5.1 surround sound reverts to 2.1 after restart

truflip said:

kk so my gf's surround sound works and all but everytime she restarts/shutdown, the settings go back to 2.1 which is annoying cuz my gf turns off her PC everynight.

ASUS P4SD-LA
Realtek AC'97 a3.81 driver
Creative Inspire T5400
Windows XP Pro SP2

i have reinstalled and installed the latest audio drivers.
any other ideas?Click to expand...

when you mean "settings" do you mean windows settings or the software that came with the sound card?
do you have the windows audio speaker near the clock?
double click on it
if u do go to options--->select advanced controls
go to options again--->make sure advanced controls is checked marked--->select properties---->you should see 'playback', 'recording' and 'other'--->select 'other' and hit ok---> you should see 4 volume controls 'front' 'center' 'subwoofer' and 'rear'--->select 'advanced' on the subwoofer volume--->click 'enable 5.1 magic' and then ok...close all volume control windows and restart

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5-1-surround-sound-reverts-to-2-1-after-restart.41207/
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm running WinXP Home - I just recently reset my computer after it began working quite slowly I thought because of system reverts sound Windows Problem: to and drivers disappear Classic WinXP resources and I encountered two problems upon returning to windows First Windows has reverted to Windows Classic Style and Windows XP Style is not an option in the display menu My sound drivers Problem: WinXP reverts to Windows Classic and sound drivers disappear have apparently disappear as well I get an quot Error quot every time I try to play music All of my system restore points are gone so system restore is out Problem: WinXP reverts to Windows Classic and sound drivers disappear of the question I have already run Symantec AntiVirus Ad-Aware and Spybot with no problems found in Problem: WinXP reverts to Windows Classic and sound drivers disappear any of them Does anyone know what might be going on and or how to fix my problems I have also just discovered that I cannot enable auto-protect with Symanetic AntiVirus and the device manager does not show any hardware at all Thanks for any help in advance Yet another update - I ran network diagnostics under Windows Help tools and I recieved WMI Errors on every test I'm having a near panic attack

A:Problem: WinXP reverts to Windows Classic and sound drivers disappear

http://search.microsoft.com/search/r...roubleshooting

Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-winxp-reverts-to-windows-classic-and-sound-drivers-disappear-33098.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
I have a PC-Chips M848 ALU V2.1 motherboard with an onboard soundcard, C-media CMI9739A 6 channel audio.
I have downloaded the latest driver from the PC chips website, as the one that came on the CD didn't work at all. I also have the AC97 Realtek drivers installed.

My problem is that if I try & play an MP3 or a DVD the sound gets really jumpy or if it's missing part of the track out. It sounds like when there is a thumbprint on a CD & it skips over it.

Now I'm new to this so it might be something simple like it is set up to play through 6 speakers or something & as I only have 2 that is the problem, if it is great but can someone tell me how to do this. If not can someone suggest some other solutions??

I'm running XP Pro.

thanks,

A:on board sound problems - sound keeps jumping / dropping music.

Onboard audio can use alot of system resources and you will get audio artifacts when there are programs running in the background, system memory is low or you have an under powered processor. Win XP Pro has alot of crap running in the background. What are your other system specs? You may want to think about getting a sound card. Good ones run $20-30.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-sound-problems-sound-keeps-jumping-dropping-music.29027/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have installed Win XP Pro SP had Win installed and couldn't run half my games Now the games run fine but no sound I know this is because I'm relying on the on-board sound on the I have been told by my brother-in-law who used to own the pc Realtek motherboard card On-board no working sound sound not [SOLVED] - installed as the soundcard broke months ago was a Creative Soundblaster or AWE Compatible WDM and was removed When I installed Win XP yesterday everything runs fine but no sound In the Device Manager I [SOLVED] On-board sound not working - no sound card installed have problems with the Other Devices -Audio Device on HD Audio Bus Code PCI Simple Communications Controller Code Unknown device Code Sound Video amp Game Controllers -Creative Soundblaster or AWE Compatible WDM Code I don't understand why it's even picking up the sound card when it's not plugged in The dxdiag is as follows ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name GENESIS Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English [SOLVED] On-board sound not working - no sound card installed System Manufacturer DIXONSXP System Model MS- BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Radeon X Pro Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name ati dvag dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size [SOLVED] On-board sound not working - no sound card installed bytes WHQL Logo'd n a WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD ati mtag sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B EE - C - CF- C- E BC CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x C Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D ModeWMV B ModeWMV A ModeWMV B ModeWMV A Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch C C - FB - F - - BF EE D Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive C DAD-CCBC- B- C - CF F A Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Creative Sound Blaster PCI Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp RE... Read more

A:[SOLVED] On-board sound not working - no sound card installed

Thanks anyone who had a look - I had a look at the Audio HD Device again - the Code 10, and it let me re-install the drivers this time, which it never did before. At least I have sound now!!!

Lilith
x

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-on-board-sound-not-working-no-sound-card-installed-443515.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Why would speakers sound scratchy, but headphones and external cabled speakers sound OK? I have a Dell Studio 15 (1555) running windows 7 Professional.

236GB used, 214GB free space
Intel P8700 2.53 GHz Processor
64 bit OS
4GB memory

The built-in speakers used to sound good but now they are too scratchy to understand. However the headset sound is good. According to the Dell Support Assist utility, the sound card is "ATI high Definition Audio Device" and "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC."
Microphone test -- earphone playback is OK, on-board speaker terrible.

A:Why would on-board speakers sound scratchy but headphones sound OK?

You Dell Studio 1555 laptop uses IDT HD audio driver for the built in laptop speakers.
The ATI HD audio driver is only used if an HDMI connection to an HDMI monitor (with an HDMI audio/video cable) is used.

possibly a driver conflict with IDT audio, built-in speakers may be malfunctioning or dirty (gotta have them repaired if it's a hardware problem and not a software problem). just listing the possible causes for the scratchy sound.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/395035-why-would-board-speakers-sound-scratchy-but-headphones-sound-ok.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I installed a Sound Blaster Audigy Fx to run digital communication with my ham radio gear. After installing the SB the original IDT ports don't work. The IDT does not show in the Deives Manager. I tried down loading the IDT drivers but got a message not compatable and download failed.  I have done this on other HP computers I have owned with no problem.Thank you any help you can give me. LarryC4 

A:On board sound gone after installing Sound Blaster Audigy Fx...

Hi: See if your BIOS has an onboard audio setting. If it does, it may have automatically gone to disabled when you installed the add on video card. Check the options you have for the onboard audio setting. If it is on Auto or Disabled, change it to Enabled, save the setting where you made the change, and again when you exit. The sound should work on both devices then. And if the audio card doesn't work with the onboard audio setting on enabled, then change it to Auto if the onboard setting had been on disabled.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/On-board-sound-gone-after-installing-Sound-Blaster-Audigy-Fx/td-p/5783655
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

We have been having a problem with a SOund card we recently installed... The sound is warped when we use it in conjuntion with Windows Media Encoder. I wonder if it could be the mother board or the sound card which is an Echo Mia Midi card.

Any input is appreciated.

Joe Josh

A:Sound warped... Sound card or Mother Board?

Did you try the newest driver??
http://www.echoaudio.com/Downloads/Drivers.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-warped-sound-card-or-mother-board.519225/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am trying to put my LP collection onto cd.
I have worked out how to do it but the recorded sound is poor.
I only have a mic in socket on the back of the puter (no line in) and the chip is onboard the motherboard.
Would a seperate soundcard with a line in jack be better?
I am on a limited budget so I am looking at a Soundblaster Live 1024 card.
Would this improve the quality of the final record.

Thanks in advance

A:On-board sound v sound card-copying LP's

I have never done it but can only assume that a direct connect would yield higher quality than using a microphone for the pickup. The microphones always seem low quality to me anyways.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-v-sound-card-copying-lps.48025/
Relevancy 51.6%

im trying t o figure out if i should use my on-board sound card or the Audigy se

I run vista
the board is a geforce8200a with IDT High definitiont audio device
and i want to know if by adding the Audigy SE will it improve my system performance or down grade it

2 gb of ram
2.8 ghz processor dual core

any other info just ask

A:Sound Blaster Audigy SE or on-board sound?

ok you will need to download this program because there are a few motherboards that use that

http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpuz_147.zip

than after you have downloaded it right click on the file and hit extract or it might say unzip than open the extracted folder if it doesn't do that automatically than run cpuz. after its finished loading look at the top and click the tab that says mainboard than write down the information it says about your motherboard than post it here and that should make it easier to tell you which is better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-audigy-se-or-on-board-sound.111741/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have P X - board P VXAD it has onboard sound card I recently formatted my comp and reinstall win xp but now i cannot play sound When trying to open volume control it says quot no active mixer board play sound card cannot On sound device available To install On board sound card cannot play sound mixer devices go to control panel and On board sound card cannot play sound click add hardware quot but the sound card is already installed i remove the same several times and try to reinstall but of no use In control panel when i click at sounds and audio devices in volume tab it says quot no audio devices quot and all the options there are disabled same situation in audio tab At Hardware tab when i click the driver installed CMI A in properties section it shows that quot driver is enabled but has not been started quot I checked in the CMOS settings there the device is enabled I tried my best but not able to correct it can anyone help me resolve the situation Thanks in advance nbsp

A:On board sound card cannot play sound

When you reformatted and reinstalled Windows, you lost many of the drivers you formerly had installed. Now you have to reinstall any drivers that are missing. Check the Device Manager and if you see any yellow symbols next to any device listed, those need drivers installed.

For your onboard sound, for example, you should find the sound driver on the motherboard driver CD that should have or might have come with it. If you don't have this CD, you should be able to download the onboard sound driver from the motherboard manufacturer's website. In your case, I think the manufacturer is ECS Elitegroup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-sound-card-cannot-play-sound.90322/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
The on-board surround sound on my XPS 8700 will not work properly.
When the configuration sound test is run the front speakers both give the little melody correctly, but all of the other speakers give a little dink sound like a cracked bell.  The surround sound in the game I play the most only seems to work with the front speakers.
My Creative Inspire T7700 is admittedly quite old (12 yrs) but I don't think that is the problem.
Any suggestions?
Mick

A:Sound problem with on-board sound on XPS 8700

Hi Mick, 
Thanks for writing to us. 
Have you tried any other speaker set to rule out the speakers? 
How about the sound from earphones?
Do update the audio drivers and BIOS if not yet and observe for any changes. 
Await your response.
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19678533
Relevancy 49.02%

I have sound connected to my DVD-ROM but there is only one sound cable. Is there a way to split it and put it to the CD-RW as well?
Ruth

A:on board sound

Yes, you can buy a splitter that has two ends on the one side. Generally there is more then one Audio plug on a motherboard, commonly labeled CD and AUX. There may also be a smaller white plug on the motherboard that matches some ends on the CD audio cables.

Now that said, that cable is only used with analog audio. If you use digital input you don't need that cable at all. If you have XP then it should work without any settings. In Windows 9X you can set the audio to digital in Multimedia settings in the Control Panel or in CD-ROM properties in Device Manager. There's also a Digital Input option in most players like Windows Media Player.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound.220137/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi there,i'm trying to disable my on board sound,
the chip is a via ac 97 on a asus a7vi-vm main board.
in on board periherals in bios it say's
on board legacy audio support ....
sound blaster emulation ....
sound blaster i/o base address (220h-22fh)
sound blaster irq (irq 5)
sound blaster dma (dma 1)
mpu 401 ....
mpu 401 i/q baes address (330h-333h)
fm enable (388h-38bh) ....
game port function ....

now i've dis-abled the lot and in combonations and i still hear sound after i safe changes and boot up!!!!
i have a creative 16 pci sound blaster card to go in.
so what should i do next????
ps. on board sound quality is pants!!
hope you can help
later,s

A:dis able on board sound

Look in your bios under i/o peripherals, should be able to set audio controller to disabled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dis-able-on-board-sound.45217/
Relevancy 49.02%

I would like to upgrade my sound board/card so i can have out puts for my surrond sound to play music from my windows media player any suggestions

A:sound board

if anyone can suggest an update or fix ... I'm still learning about computers and trying to set up so i can play movies and music movies to my lcd tv and music to my surround sound system...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-board-557752.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Greetings all kind souls out there. I started to look on my own but finally decided it would take forever and I still might not figure it out so... I'm asking for help from anyone out there who might take a fancy to give some good advice. I've had some great advice from this forum in the past so I'm certainly hopeful.

The Creative Labs PCI 128 sound card I have is a fairly old sound card but is it still better than the on-board sound which is on my mother board. The motherboard manual says "AC 97 Audio Codec" compliant with the "AC 97 2.2" specs.... supports "18-bit ADC and DAC". This of course means absolutely nothing to me.

Any comparison thoughts concerning these two sound possiblities? One better for computer games? Thanks, as usual.

Sincerely,
R. Smith

A:Is on-board sound better than CR PCI 128?

Well we would need to know a little about he motherboard and such. The Codec is one thing, but is it only 2 channel or maybe 5 or 6 channel. My mother board uses the AC97 codec also but is 6 channel sound.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-on-board-sound-better-than-cr-pci-128.191897/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hopefully, I am in the right forum for this question. If I were to get Lan or Sound on board, and someday it happens to go haywire on me, would I be able to replace with a card? Planning on building my first real soon, and trying to learn all there is to know, before hand.

A:Lan/Sound on board

Yes, both the onboards can be disabled and replaced by add on cards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-sound-on-board.95497/
Relevancy 48.59%

I already have my SB Live! 5.1 working just fine with the on-board AC' 97 audio disabled. I'm just wondering if it's possible to enable the on-board audio while the soundcard is running at the same time. Kind of like having two running soundcards.

Do I just enable the AC' 97 audio in the BIOS setup and install the AC'97 drivers, or is there more to it?

Relevancy 48.59%

how do u know if u have on board sound card on ibm

A:How do you now if you have on board sound card

The easiest recognition sign would be 3.5mm jack plugs on the rear panel of the motherboard.
http://www.dansdata.com/images/a7a266/sndconns400.jpg
3 (Green, blue, pink) is common on older boards, 4, 5 or more commonly 6 jacks for newer (and 5.1 +) sound codecs.
If you post some details of the system/board the forum will be able to give you a more definitive answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-you-now-if-you-have-on-board-sound-card.152783/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I have a Dell Vostro 1510 and just got a pair of Sennheiser RS120.. Only 2 things suck about it. Sound volume/quality isn't what I expected because of the on board sound I believe. And the "open" design makes it so that when it's on max anyone near by can hear it clearly which is obnoxious on my part and also restricts me from having it as loud as I would like anyway.

Regardless, I would like to solve the quality issue as I am currently playing .FLAC audio and it just doesn't sound like what it should be. If anyone knows a cost effective solution or external sound card that will bless my ears at least to the full potential of these wireless headphones I would greatly appreciate it. I am reading reviews but was hoping someone here could let me know about a more productive, effective solution!

Thanks.

Relevancy 48.59%

A buddy was having probs with his puter (big probs) so he asked me to format his h/d & reinstall. All has gone well but for the sound which is an onboard chip.
I had this prob years ago and left a message on TSG and was advised to post back witjh the board ID and was directed to a site that gives info about the board along with where to go for drivers.
I have his board ID but (being an ageing rocker) cannot for the life in me remember the site.
Any of you super people out there help me?

Thanks for any help (once again)

Buzzy

A:On-board sound drivers

You mean fcc number, if so go here
http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid/

If you mean bios number go here
http://www.wimsbios.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-drivers.56031/
Relevancy 48.59%

Im dealing with a Asus Pundit-R pc and this type has the intergrated sound , now im running Windows 98 se. I installed the sound drivers that came with the disk from Asus and everything works like the sound, but I keep getting a BSOD "Fatal Exception Errror" and the error is the sound driver. Now even though the disk does have 98 drivers for it, the pc is does recommend running windows 2000/XP for optimal performance. So my next step is I disabled the on-board sound, and install a pci sound card, now that installs fine but you hear no sound at all, so its either keep running the on-board sound and get "bsod", or run the sound from the pci card and get no "bsod" and no sound. Heres is the link to the pc..http://usa.asus.com/products/desktop/pundit-r/overview.htm

A:An on-board sound issue..

Did you install the ATI chipset drivers first before loading the other drivers??
With the new sound card, did you install the drivers for it??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/an-on-board-sound-issue.337294/
Relevancy 48.59%

I was just wondering if there was anyway to make my ASUS M4A78T-E on-board soundcard to work with my boston acoustic ba7900 speakers. the rear 2 speakers and center channel speakers wont work except when i run the setup wizard. when i listen to music only the front right and left and sub woofer speakers work.............. what do i do to get these speakers to work without buying an actual soundcard other than the onboard???????
thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-card.871477/
Relevancy 48.59%

I Hope Someone here can help me I am running an AMD K d processor on an Ali Motherboard mhz This has On Board sound ESS Solo PCI Audio S The problem is the sound plays but no sound comes out I have checked the system settings for conflicts etc none appear Using the DirectX Board ALi Woes On Sound Sound Troubleshooter everything checks out ok until it asks me if I heard the sound which I do not so DirectX produces Failure at step user verification I have tried to go to Bios and disable the onboard sound in order to use my AWE Sound Card but ALi On Board Sound Woes it seems that the onboard sound cant be disabled When I have AWE installed with the onboard sound I get the same problem appears to play but no sound One thing is strange and this is more than liklely the root of the problem but I am at a loss for correccting because re installing these do not help mcicda drv mciseq drv and mciwave drv all show as working properly through device manager BUT in System Information under System tools they are reported as Disabled Any suggestions nbsp

A:ALi On Board Sound Woes

Additional Info, This could be the problem, but not sure how to correct it. I just discoverd the start/run/ hwinfo /ui and in it there are several 'problems' IRQ Holder for PCI steering says it is disabled with code=22 (0x16), there are 4 of these in a row under Class: System

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ali-on-board-sound-woes.33272/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am currently trying to run Audacity to record from our sound mixing board to a laptop that has Vista.

On playback, it sounds like the person is talking into a tin can and there is lots of hiss and pops on the line.

When I recorded onto my old laptop with XP, using the same software and levels, I get a perfectly clear signal.

There is no specific line in on the laptop, so I am using the mic input for this. Someone suggested getting an external USB sound card for this, but I don't know what to get and what is Vista compatible.

We should have the option to chose whichever operating system we want put on our pcs and not have to live with whatever they dump on us.

Can anyone help?

A:Recording from a sound board

I'm currently running Vista 64 bit and I also use Audacity.... if you check the audacity website there is a page with instructions on how to set up "what you hear" recording. I did it once a year ago and can;t completely remember all the things to do but it should still be up on the Audacity web site.

You won;t need an external Sound card or any fancy new sound card.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/194284-recording-sound-board.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I messed up my On sound problem board onboard soundmax integrated digital audio onboard I disabled the sound on my Microsoft Lifecam and for some reason it has messed up all sound Was trying to disable the mic on the life cam so i could talk with a headset plugged into my onboard sound pink cord I ve uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for the audio device and the lifecam but now no sound works on windows internet or chat programs like Teamspeak yahoo IM etc However my sound effects on World On board sound problem of Warcraft still work and i havent tried other games When i goto the device in device manager both the cam and the soundmax under audio and go into their properties and under the properties tab all of the headings audio devices midi etc say quot Driver On board sound problem is enabled but not started quot I have no idea what to do to get it to start ive reinstalled several times and On board sound problem ive restarted several times NEED HELP PLS nbsp

A:On board sound problem

If anyone has any clues, or inklings what might be the problem...even that would help...having problems still

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-problem.724788/
Relevancy 48.59%

Out of curiosity I was wondering on average how much memory on board sound uses when playing games at the highest sound setting. I wondered if a sound card with it's own memory would boost performance by freeing up memory?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-memory.376345/
Relevancy 48.59%

Just put together the first system using a Duron 600 and the onboard sound is cutting out something fierce.

The only card installed is the ATI Expert98 8MB.

After installing 98SE, I installed the Via 4in1 4.24, then the Sound card codecs.

There does not appear to be any IRQ conflicts in device mgr, deleteing card and re-installing did no good.

I've searched around a bit looking for a solution, and I'll continue to look, there's gotta be an easy fix?

A:K7T On board Sound cutting out?

Somebody's got to have an idea here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/k7t-on-board-sound-cutting-out.33978/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a ecs kt600-a with onboard sound through realtek alc655 chip, I used the driver cd and I get this message from the device manager: The NTKERN.VXD, MMDEVLDR.VXD device loader(s) for this device could not load teh device driver. (Code 2)
then it says to fix I need to update the driver, but the website does not list the alc655, I am running windows 98 thanks for the help

A:On-Board Sound Problem

what site says its not in the list, realtek or ecs? ecs should have drivers for that, although most manufacturers are starting to get rid of 98 driver support.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-problem.304358/
Relevancy 48.59%

I think I have been to OVER a dozen different sites even hp, and I haven't found the answer nor the question.

Q:For some reason I cant get ANY sound to come out of my computer My model is a HP PAVILLION 551w, I have a "C-Media AC97 Audio Device". In the device manager it has a black exclemation mark with a yellow circle around it.
I have tryed uninstalling and reinstalling,who knows how many times, went into BIOS, uploaded the device from the site, went into the volume settings to make sure nothing was on mute and still nothing! any suggestions?
Or cound it be fryed for some reason?

This is what it showes me (ATTACHED)

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks!

Relevancy 48.59%

Recently my sound has stopped working. I have the monitor connected through VGA to my video card and audio jack to the motherboard. I have a second monitor that is connected through HDMI to my video card which sounds does play though.

I think it happened when I started messing with audio drivers when I was trying to get my headset working, I may have un-installed the wrong driver or changed something then both the front and back audio jack would not work.

I have installed the audio divers from the motherboard manufacturers.

I have attached several screenshots from the sound panel device manager and the manufacturer’s website.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Relevancy 48.59%

just how good in a modern motherboard's quality as far as sound go. Im trying to deside if I should bother buying a sound card for my upcoming comp upgrade. would a $40 sound card be better then a $150 motherboards sound.

A:Mother board sound???

Xodus said:

just how good in a modern motherboard's quality as far as sound go. Im trying to deside if I should bother buying a sound card for my upcoming comp upgrade. would a $40 sound card be better then a $150 motherboards sound.Click to expand...

Onboard sound, as with onboard video, is inferior to a good card. If you don't want any bells or whistles, and don't care about high quality sound, then it should suffice. However, for as you say, $40, you can pick up a Audigy which will give you a worlds difference on sound from onboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mother-board-sound.279006/
Relevancy 48.59%

ok first off i jus put together a new comp recently been workin on my other box too but tryna get the sound for this comp is a pain. I kno it has on board sound but im not sure what drivers I need I got the drivers Sound blaster audigy gamer which I thought I needed because when I searched my mobo mod num p450-2016 it wouldnt let me install said hardware isnt present or whatever. any help solving this issue would be greatly appreciated
Thanx ^^
-Val

Relevancy 48.59%

This is probably On Solved: Sound Board a very simple problem but I don Solved: On Board Sound t like to play about too much with BIOS s and Motherboards I have an old quot Time quot computer with a K T Turbo Ver Motherboard that I am trying to simplify for someone to use as a basic Word Processor and Internet access I have done a fdisk and format of the hard drive to get rid of the rubbish that time put on their systems installed Windows ME not my choice finally found a driver for the graphics and put in an different old ish modem to overcome the problem of Time s affinity to Supanet ISP But I can t get any sound The sound is onboard but how can I get a driver to play it or is it built into some kind of motherboard driver I know the simple way is to get a PCI Sound card but I want to keep this as cheap as I can Oh and by the way I couldn t back up the drivers from the Hard Drive before I formatted it as the system was so corrupted it wouldn t play ball Thanks hopefully nbsp

A:Solved: On Board Sound

is this an MSI board MS-6330 ??
you need the audio driver for the motherboard
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/detail_spec/K7Tturbo2.htm
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/spt_index.php

another way may be to try one of these programs and see if it identifies the correct audio onboard then get the driver
http://www.belarc.com

online scan
http://www.d-a-l.com/hardware-scan.php

Great standalone program with pdf and email output
http://www.pxserver.com/WinAudit.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-board-sound.452861/
Relevancy 48.59%

im trying to install the drivers for my on board sound
my mobo is a ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 and it came with a driver cd
that has a driver wizard, when i run it the sound driver seems to install and the pc reboots after reboot it says finishing installation then it says not installed.
ive tried installing the sound driver manually but it says
the audio driver files do not support your computer hardware

is this because i already have Xfi drivers installed and need to install the onboard drivers first or is there a problem?
thanks

A:on board sound problem

You've got to have one or the other. On Board Sound or Sound Card.
I've been down this road before. When you decide which one, you will have to flush out all the drivers for the one you don't want and do a "fresh" install of sound drivers for the one you want.
In other words: Been there done that

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/97484-board-sound-problem.html
Relevancy 48.59%

This thread is called On-Board Sound Problem but I m not even On-Board Sound Problem entirely sure that it is just that Ok so here s what happens I used Winamp Full Not Pay On-Board Sound Problem Version up until like a few days ago What happened is I was playing a song On-Board Sound Problem and then the progress bar started going really fast so the sound was like it was being fast forwarded And no my hand wasn t accientally holding the right arrow or anything That is by far the quot better quot error I m getting The other error is that Winamp will quot freeze quot then make the loudest most annoying hellish screeching noise I ve ever heard Even if my speakers are quiet the noise is still VERY loud If I close Winamp the noise continues The wierd part is when I hit CTRL ALT DEL when the screeching is on it says Winamp is on but Not Responding Winamp still does this even after I uninstalled full and reinstalled Lite This might not be an on board problem but I m pretty sure it is I have also experianced similar problems with Windows Media Player nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I have on Sound Board problems. a big problem with my RealTek on board on Board Sound problems. sound When i connect my speakers up and installed the lastest drivers they dont work properly If i try the speaker test i click on one speaker and it comes out the wrong one i have clicked on on Board Sound problems. I have tried inverting the centre sub tick box double checked i have the speakers correctly plugged into the pc and checked i have the surround sound speakers checked I have even resorted to changing the cables around to try and match them to the right ones no luck Originally i used a Creative Surround Sound Blaster sound card but i have decided i want to use my on board sound because i want to use my audio plugs on teh front of my case or am i wrong in thinking i can only use them with my on board sound whitch would mean i could go back to my better createive card edit realised i had my specs in my sig Thanks for all of your help appreciate it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-problems.166648/
Relevancy 48.59%

Can someone please guide me thru' this procedure? I know as far as "press Del key on start up" & look for "on board sound" then disable, but would feel happier with a step by step guide.
Regards,
Mockerkin

A:Disabling on board sound win 7 64 bit

You would boot into Setup (Bios) at bootup you should see a message to press a certain key to enter Setup, for many that is the Del key. Once in the Bios, look for Onboard Audio, using your Arrow key, choose to Disable it. If you cannot find it. then Boot the computer and go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager open the Sound, Video and Game Controller highlight the Audio Controller, Right click it and choose Disable

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/disabling-on-board-sound-win-7-64-bit-566877.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Bought a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card to upgrade from my mobo on-board sound. Installation check program says everything is installed properly, but when it runs a sound check, I get no sound from speakers or headset connected to the sound card however sound is still coming out of on-board system. I guess my question is ..How do I disable the on-board sound system?

A:How do you disable on-board sound?

Make sure in device manager (right click on my computer, properties, hardware tab, device manager) that the on board sound card is disabled and bettere yet uninstall the driver for it. Then restart your computer and go into your BIOS setup. Disable the sound card in your BIOS, it should be under onbaord PCI... I will try and get more info. Then exita nd save BIOS. That should do it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-disable-on-board-sound.151626/
Relevancy 48.16%

i cant fiind a driver for my sound board(
will anyone help me????

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I have recenlty installed w onto an ECS Elitegroup K S A V mobo Here is the link to the tech specs of the m b http www ecsusa com products k s a v html windows installed without any problems i had no driver CD so d l them from the ECS website But the sound is not working properly i can play MP s fine all windows sounds are working everything seems ok But in device manager i have one under Sound video and game controllers The sound on my TV card will not work it says that I have no board not on sound working correctly soundcard installed PowerDVD also brings up a similar message and then crashs out I tried the bundled DVD software for my graphic card which also brings up the no sound card message but still plays the film with audio here is the page where i downloaded the drivers http www ecsusa com downloads downloads main cfm to Motherboard I dont really understand why this is happening i suspect it the mobo mayb damaged although the person who gave it on board sound not working correctly may says it was working fine for them Does any one have any ideas all help will be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:on board sound not working correctly

no ideas any 1?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-not-working-correctly.369668/
Relevancy 48.16%

Okay I took a new to me computer from friends without a mother board disk Everything went well until I installed my copy of Windows XP and now I have no sound I have worked on this for months with no luck and the problems keep coming Drivers I ve downloaded from Intel shutdown my computer I have a Realtek Sound driver that keeps wanting to install that shuts down Board No no Mother Sound, Disk my computer I get an error message DWWIN exe failed to install when ever I shut down my machine and I get the blue screen and A problem has been detected No Sound, no Mother Board Disk and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer for Portcls sys- when I try things I ve seached the web and tried it all now I m looking for help here INFO -------- EVEREST Home Edition c - Lavalys Inc ------------------------------------------------------------ Version EVEREST v Homepage http www lavalys com Report Type Report Wizard Computer SHARP Marilyn Generator Owner Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition WinXP Retail Date - - Time -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Computer Name SHARP Marilyn User Name Owner Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name Intel Rock Lake D PERL PCI AGP DIMM Motherboard Chipset Intel Springdale i PE System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter Tul Corporation RADEON Secondary MB Video Adapter Tul Corporation RADEON MB D Accelerator ATI Radeon RV Monitor ViewSonic VX - quot LCD A Multimedia Audio Adapter C-Media CMI C DX Audio Device Audio Adapter Intel EB ICH - AC Audio Controller A- A- Storage IDE Controller Intel R EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers IDE Controller Intel R EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive ST A GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA- B DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-RAM x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW DVD-RAM SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard Easy Internet Keyboard Mouse Microsoft PS Mouse Network Network Adapter D-Link DFE- TX Adapter Modem SoftV Data Fax Modem Peripherals Printer Brother MFC- CN USB Printer Printer Brother PC-FAX Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer PaperPort Black amp White Image Printer PaperPort Color Image Printer Quicken PDF Printer USB Controller Intel EB ICH - USB Controller A- A- USB Controller Intel EB ICH - USB Controller A- A- USB Controller Intel EB ICH - USB Controller A- A- USB Controller Intel EB ICH - USB Controller A- A- USB Controller Intel EB ICH - Enhanced USB Controller A- A- nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all

I recently bought myself a new motherboard so i could use more & faster RAM (MSI Intel Dual Core EXTREME BUNDLE)
Problem is it came with a onboard 7.1 sound card which at first i though was handy, but now i've realise that windows isn't recognising the sound card, its not even appearing in Device Manager and i cant find any audio settings anywhere in the BIOS so i'm a bit stuck.

Was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions, Cheers

P.S heres a Link to my exact Motherboard Specs http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=a97ht&source=15&SD=Y

Relevancy 48.16%

Well i finally with HELP! Driver Sound. On-Board Error bit the bullet and decided to come ask for help I have Windows Ultimate -Bit I also have an oldish MSI K Driver Error with On-Board Sound. HELP! NNEO AM Motherboard I managed to get all the drivers for my motherboard no worries from the MSI website installed them all correctly except the Sound Drivers With the standard drivers that come with i get sound out of the normal green audio jack but not the additional audio jacks underneath it black grey and brown i think they are The reason i need these to work is i have my Zalman -Channel headphones plugged into those I tried downloading both the bit and the combo Driver Error with On-Board Sound. HELP! bit drivers from both the MSI and Realtek websites and it doesnt matter how Driver Error with On-Board Sound. HELP! i download it or where from i get the same error each time quot An error - x ffff has occurred while running the setup Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications If the error still occurs please contact your vendor Realtek Semiconductor Corp quot When i click on Detail this is what i get Error Code - x ffff Error Information gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel ObjectHolder cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel FileGroup cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel FileGroup cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel FileGroup cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel FileGroup cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel FileGroup cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel FileGroup cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel FileGroup cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel FileGroup cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kernel FileGroup cpp gt Kernel ServiceProvider cpp gt Kerne gt SetupDLL SetupDLL cpp pAPP Realtek High Definition Audio Driver PVENDOR Realtek Semiconductor Corp PGUID f af f- bca- ede- a c- fe dbc Windows XP BT OTHER Kinda strange how down the bottom it says Windows Xp even tho i know i am only downloading the windows drivers Help please EDIT I will also add that i e-mailed MSI about it After redirecting me to the Realtek Website they tried to tell me to pay for a registry cleaner quot Regcure quot and then try Of course i refused simply opting to download CCleaner and go with that Made no difference

A:Driver Error with On-Board Sound. HELP!

Is anyone able to help? Its really irritating to have these nice headphones i cant use, and i cant play my games loudly as it annoys everyone. I guess i 'could' buy a soundcard, but i also shouldnt have to. If i did buy a soundcard, would i still be able to use the on-board for my standard speakers and my sound card for my headphone. Being a broke single father, i want to avoid spending any money.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/71545-driver-error-board-sound-help.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

When a mobo has on-board sound fitted,
does it need a hard drive to work ?

Cheers, John

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,
As the topic says, my computer doesn't detect my on-board sound card. It all started when I tried to install new audio drivers from manufacturers page, but the next day when I booted PC up there were no sound. In Device Manager, under Sounds, game,.. controllers tab sit 4-5 High Definition Audio Devices. Here's pic:

Then tried re-installing original audio drivers from motherboard CD, enabling/disabling On-Board HD Audio in BIOS but still no luck.

My Audio Device is VIA VT1705.
DxDiag shows that no sound card was found.

This is what is shown in Playback Devices tab:

But I have no HDMI kind audio devices..

How to make my system recognize my sound card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-sound-card-is-not-recognized.202272/
Relevancy 48.16%

The realtek on board sound on an Asus P5n board has stopped working.
There is no longer an option in BIOS to enable/disable it.
It shows as a PCI device in XP
None of the downloadable driver sets work.
Have reset the BIOS.

Any ideas anyone?

Relevancy 48.16%

hey folks problem/ sound board new mobo on just put together a new computer- motherboard processor video card etc everything has gone great went through bios set up with no issues but on board sound problem/ new mobo when i hooked up my yamaha cdrw to the internal audio connectors to the on board quot sound card quot i found that i only have mono on board sound problem/ new mobo output on the right side no balance and the cdrw and music on my hard drive will play through win amp but i get absolutely no sound from windows media player which may be a gift in itself since i cannot stand that program funky after pulling every rabbit out of my hat i still haven t been able to find the problem i suspect that since the onboard sound is six channel audio and that the quot green quot output is the center channel for channel out put just might be the problem but when i loaded the software from the factory disc there is no provision for changing the settings to some other config like the manual says there is of course the green output input plug is the correct jack for two channel stereo here is a rather lengthy summary of my system- sorry- -------- EVEREST Home Edition c Lavalys Inc ----------------------------------------------------------- Version EVEREST v Homepage http www lavalys com Report Type Quick Report Computer RIKJON family room Generator john ward Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition WinXP Retail Date - - Time -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer IE SP DirectX DirectX c Computer Name RIKJON family room User Name john ward Motherboard CPU Type AMD Athlon MHz x Motherboard Name Asus K V SE Deluxe PCI AGP WiFi DDR DIMM Audio Gigabit LAN IEEE- Motherboard Chipset VIA VT Apollo K T AMD Hammer System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce FX Microsoft Corporation MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce FX Monitor Plug and Play Monitor NoDB Multimedia Audio Adapter VIA AC Enhanced Audio Controller Storage IDE Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller SCSI RAID Controller VIA Serial ATA RAID Controller SCSI RAID Controller WinXP Promise FastTrak tm Controller SCSI RAID Controller WinXP Promise RAID Console SCSI Processor Device Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive ST A GB RPM Ultra-ATA Disk Drive Maxtor D GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive YAMAHA CRW E x x x CD-RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free E FAT MB MB free Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse Microsoft PS Mouse Network Network Adapter Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Base-T Adapter Copper RJ- Peripherals Printer Acrobat PDFWriter Printer hp officejet series fax Printer hp officejet series Printer PIC NT Fax Printer USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller just wondering if anyone has any ideas to try i ve done everything i can think of have tried to contact asus but keep getting quot all circuits busy quot message maybe i can get through during the week also sent an e mail to their support group oh yea the cdrw has a seperate digital plug area although i ve never used anything but the pin analog jack maybe that has something to do with it please help and thanks ahead of time jake nbsp

A:on board sound problem/ new mobo

Off the top of my head, the only suggestion I can make to try to narrow this down a little further is to run the DirectX diagnostic tests (DXDIAG) to see what else you can determine about this problem. Make SURE that you save a full report, so you'll have it as a baseline diagnostics record. That way, you can compare the results of any changes you make with follow-up tests after you make changes to your settings.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who hates WMP; I still use Winamp 2.81 on most of my Windows rigs, though I did install Winamp 5.07 on one system recently, just to see the difference from the older version.

Also, open the Control Panel, and check the Sounds and Multimedia Properties for your hardware. Check ALL the Audio tab settings, including the Volume and Advanced option buttons (start with the Sound Playback settings). Check the balance sliders under the Volume options. Check the "Use only preferred devices" box, then check the Hardware tab. Examine the properties of your devices, especially the properties for your Yamaha CD/RW; put a check-mark in the "Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device" box (if it isn't checked already), then run DXDIAG a second time, and compare the effects your changes have made.

Good luck; as a dedicated headphone user, this is one area I have little experience with, though I'm sure others will be able to provide more specific advice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-problem-new-mobo.422395/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have purchased a new PC with onboard sound (RealTek HD Audio). I would like to replace it with the EMU 0404 card I already had. What is the best way to do this? Most searches on the web have come up with the advice that you have to disable it in BIOS/Periperals. But is it best to do anything else first?
1. uninstall the software in Add orRemove Programs (which means I wouldn't be able to reinstall it as there wasn't a disk provided)?
2. Disable or Uninstall the driver in the Device Manager?
3. Make any changes in the registry?
Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
zitnok
XP Home SP3,Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 500GB, MS-7387 motherboard

A:Disable on board sound chip

All I've ever done is disable the onboard audio in the BIOS and its always worked out just fine. That's all you have to do I think.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disable-on-board-sound-chip.738194/
Relevancy 48.16%

Right guys, what i'm trying to do is get my old comp up & running for my gf. Now what i've done is pulled out the Audigy & used it in my own pc.

Where do i find the jumper to enable the onboard sound. I know there is one somewhere. Just can't remember where as i've not used it in a v long time.

So yeah, Any help would be hugely appreciated guys.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7v333-on-board-sound.71549/
Relevancy 48.16%

hello tehy,

i need help odd and strange, my mobo started new problem few week ago,. i always leave my computer on anyways. here mny problem
my sound card drop working after few min or days i reboot it work ok then play music or what ever. i stop it and try to play a video no sound but error from winamp
i also heck on my realtek hd audio manager to test speaker not working either
my new pci sound is on way here i hope that solve. however i am not sure why my on board sound card quitting while my computer is on.
is anyway to fix it?
driver is upto date
i am on win7 ultimate

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,
My hard drive malfunctioned so was replaced, i am in the process of installing everything back onto my computer, i am having great difficulty in getting my sound to work.
i've got:
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M3A-H/HDMI (motherboard) with onboard sound ( Realtek HD Audio output)

i have updated all the drivers, checked the bios settings, device manager does not highlight any issues, my speakers are working properly.

i'd really appreciate some help as its driving me nuts!

thanks!

A:Realtech on board sound not working

What do you see in the Device Manager
Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager...
Any yellow or red flags?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtech-on-board-sound-not-working.122310/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a k7s5a MB. 995Mhz Athlon processor. Windows XP.
I can't get the onboard sound to work.
I have tried uninstalling the device from device manager, and reinstalling with no results.
I have tried downloading new driver from sis.

After uninstalling and reinstalling, I get a small popup notice that says an error occurred during installation, hardware may not operate correctly.

Any help much appreciated

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,
My motherboard reads 'Intel D850MV/D850EMV2'
Ever since I reloaded 'Windows 2000 Prfessional' my sound doesn't work. My speakers are functional. So the problem isn't there. I downloaded a sound-card utility programme. When I run it, it says that I don't have a sound card. That can not be, since my motherboard has an on-board sound device.
Do I need to reload windows? What are the possible solutions? One of my friends suggested that I look for drivers for the sound card. That is not working cos my computer refuses to believe that a sound card exists anywhere on the system! If that be so the question of drivers doesn't arise at this stage. How do I get my computer to believe that there is a sound card available to it?
Thanks in anticipation.

A:On-Board sound card not being recognized

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Untill you install the sound drivers, your computer won`t recognise your sound card.

Go HERE and download, and install your audio drivers.

Might I also suggest you download your chipset drivers as well.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-sound-card-not-being-recognized.39690/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an old Soyo board with onboard sound and it loses its sound after a few days of use. The hardware manager indicates that everything is ok. I update the drivers using the CD and in a few days it happens again. Hmmm.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soyo-board-drops-its-sound-drivers.95057/
Relevancy 47.3%

This is my shot in the dark that someone may know a solution to my problem I recently upgraded my system and wanted to try the onboard sound on my mobo I Having A7N8X my problems on getting board to work. sound have the A N X deluxe motherboard The guy that built it said it worked with his analog speakers I can t get it to work with analog headphones or my dolby digital speakers I have boston accustics with surround sound and subwoofer They all plug into the subwoofer and then have one central plug that normally plugs into the digital plug on my old sound blaster Having problems getting my A7N8X on board sound to work. audigy I tried EVERY HOLE light blue lime pink and there was others close to a SPDIF plugin the plug would fit into for both my speakers and head phones I Went in the nForce Control panel and turned on and off analog and digital speakers I have turned on and off Dolby Encoding and Dolby surround Anyone got any ideas nbsp

A:Having problems getting my A7N8X on board sound to work.

Line out connector should be the green one, I think. Sure you have correct settings selected in BIOS too? Which operating system are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-problems-getting-my-a7n8x-on-board-sound-to-work.3557/
Relevancy 47.3%

http://usa.asus.com/mb/socketa/a7v333/overview.htm

This is my new motherboard, which I'm installing on the 25th...at the moment I have a crappy SoundBlaster 128 (stereo) sound card.

Should I stick with that, or should I use the onboard sound [is it dolby 5.1? ]? If so, what speakers should I get? (under £70 please)

Is it worth using the onboard sound or should I save for an Audigy 2?

BTW - will one reduce system performance more than the other?

Thanks.

A:On Board 6 channel sound - Asus A7V333

Well, I just got the A7V8X, and are using the onboard sound...

I found that I can't really tell much of a difference between it, and my old SB Live!...

And all my old problems with Creative cards and Via chipsets are gone
No longer cracking in sound when copying files, no more slow file copying, no more system crashes...

So in short, use it instead of your 128... I'm not quite sure when it comes to Audigy... The Q is, how good are your speakers? If they are of a premium quality, you might get a bit better sound with the Audigy, but if you're just using a set of OK speakers...

.02$

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-6-channel-sound-asus-a7v333.3581/
Relevancy 47.3%

I'd like to disable the built in speakers on this system and direct all sound out to just the externally connected sound device. How would I do this? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-to-disable-on-board-speakers-and-use-only-sound-devices/td-p/5781369
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi This is my first sound On-Board work! but detected doesn't post on here I m actually stumped for once I got a free computer from one of my friends it s better than my old athlonxp machine and put a fresh copy of XP Pro on it I got all the drivers from MSI s website loaded everything and it s great runs super fast quiet no issues killer deal for free the only On-Board sound detected but doesn't work! problem is that the sound doesn t work I have tried reinstalling the drivers several times I ve verified that the onboard sound is turned on in the bios The drivers are the most recent and installed correctly The Device Manager even shows that the sound card is installed I don t understand what the problem could be I don t really On-Board sound detected but doesn't work! want to get a pci sound card because there are only two pci slots on the mobo one of which is already taken up by my wireless card And I don t have any extra USB slots either keyboard mouse ipod external hd I ve physically examined the board and it doesn t look like there is anything damaged around the soundchip it looks like the chip says quot RTL CL quot on it I attached a shot of my device manager PS I have my wireless card disabled ATM because I am using ethernet for the time being any help is greatly appreciated and my system info is below Mboard MSI GM -V CPU AMD Athlon Ghz GB DDR Ram Onboard vid sound ethernet PCI Wireless Windows XP sp version Thanks Zach nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I got a M5A99x Evo Re2.0, brand new board and the audio from the rear doesnt work at all when I plug the pink and green plugs. I have an HDMI connecting from my TV to my Gcard, I get audio through the TV but cant seem to get those jacks working. Ive used two different headsets to see if it might have been the headset itself. im really stumped.

A:New board, no sound from front or rear jacks

Have you gone into the sound menu in your control panel and set your default audio device to your headset?

If, under the "playback" tab, the HDMI output is ticked, then this is the problem.

Just click on the correct device(It should either list your headphones or say "high definition audio", or something similar) and then click "set default".

This should solve the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-board-no-sound-from-front-or-rear-jacks.188180/
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently bought a nforce 590 SLi and 2x GeForce 8800GTS's and I swapped the nforce2 out for the nforce 590 not realizing that I didn't have a power supply that would handle the board and cards. I swapped the A7N8X back in and then magically my on-board sound didn't work and my DVI port on the back of my AGP GeForce 6600 didn't work either. ( I fixed the DVI problem which was a pain in the @$$) but I can't seem to get the on-board sound to work at all. The speakers and sub work find I hooked them up to my Zune and it plays fine. Any help getting it back to working condition is greatly appreciated. Thanks~!

A:ASUS A7N8X On-Board sound problem

reinstall your sound drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7n8x-on-board-sound-problem.70578/
Relevancy 47.3%

Anyone else seen this??? Seems a bit overkill but a nice idea.

http://english.aopen.com.tw/products/mb/ax4b-533tube.htm

Aopen has drawn tremendous interest at Computex for its unique, vacuum-tube driven board. The audio solution aboard the AX4B-533 is outfitted with a largish vacuum tube sitting squarely on the motherboard. According to AOpen (and other audiophiles I've spoken to) the use of vacuum-tube technology could give this board's sound a clarity and richness that cannot be duplicated by silicon. The board also features a unique CD-player system that can be used to play CD's without booting into Windows. Overall, AOpen definitely has an interesting product in the AX4B.Click to expand...

Anyone know how respected this company is or if their boards are any good?

A:New Aopen Board with vacuum tube for sound?!?

AOpen is a major Taiwanese manufacturer, the parent company for Acer, & has been around for as long as I can remember.

Vacuum tubes disapeared w/ the invention of transistors. Only Audiophiles (sound geeks) would truly be interrested. Back in the days of vinyl lp's (b-4 CD's) true audiophiles said they could tell the difference between tubes & transistors; painted & unpainted recievers. Now the only thing turntables are used for is to scratch records.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-aopen-board-with-vacuum-tube-for-sound.1739/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Im somewhat new issues board! with a locking and Sound aopen to this forum so i thought i would see how good youguys are Im going to tell you what i have then explane the issues Motherboard Aopen vK T a-LF Sound and locking issues with a aopen board! CPU Amd Hard drive WD YD sata Video card Nvidia geforce fx AGP x Windows OS Windows xp home Valid Memory G samsung stick Ok All the hardwear is new I just bought it all and got it together I had some issues with getting the motherboard to see the sata hard drive but i figured out the hard drive i was using had a g speed and my motherboard supported mb so i had to set the jumper on the hard drive to only mb This worked i was on my way and didnt think much of it So then i go and install my OS windows xp home and get it all setup and it works great So i insert the motherboard driver disk and install the drivers No issues yet Then i install the video card and its drivers No issues As you know the vk t does not have onboard video so no need to mess with bios Now im on my way I go online to download the windows xp updates and thats when it happens Or i should say thats when it all starts All of the sudden the computer locks up and i have to hard shut down I figured it was something silly so i didnt pay it muxh mind I reboot and as soon as the windos comes up it locks up again Now im concerned So i gop into bios and make sure and set the defaults I reboot and it locks again Soon after it start not locking at startup but anytime i try to install updats or install cdrom softwear I installed a game called world of warcraft and couldnt update it so i went into safe mode and downloaded them that way The sound gos out So now i have a whole new bag of issues Now the sound gos out anytime i play a game or try to update or use msn msgr Infact it wont even open msn msgr without locking up So i went ahead and took out the video card to see if that was the issue and replaced it with a mb cheep card and it still locked up Then i replaced the cdrom and tryed that It still locked up So now i have no sound unless i reboot and it locks up all the time Im wondering if anyone knows of any simular issues with this board or if i just got a bad one Or maybe there is a driver update for this board i dont know about I searched everywear anddidnt find one If youguys could help me i would be greatfull I also put in a soundblaster sound card to try and fix the sound It didnt work I still get no sound if i play games or download Thank you -Mike nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All How do I find out if the onboard sound card is working I have no sound I had an error quot yellow question mark quot at multimedia audio controller I did something tried to download a driver suggested on another posting It did not download correctly but now I don t have the question mark but I still have no sound board do how on is card know if mother sound working? i I have speakers pluged in and turned on When I put how do i know if sound card on mother board is working? a CD into the cd rom or play a program with sound neither works The cd player works as I installed a program Here how do i know if sound card on mother board is working? are the results form the belarc analysis- I put the computer together with help from a friend many many years ago Thanks in advance Operating System System Model Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States ECS K S A Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b megahertz AMD Athlon kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Not hyper-threaded Board ECS K S A Bus Clock megahertz BIOS American Megatrends Inc T Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space LITEON CD-ROM LTN quot format removeable media Floppy drive Maxtor B H Hard drive GB -- drive s n B D VW E rev WAH PB SMART Status Healthy ST A Hard drive GB -- drive s n BF WCE rev SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot is Empty Slot has MB Slot is Empty Slot is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free d NTFS on drive GB MB free e NTFS on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accounts last logon KRISTY AM admin Kristy PM admin local system accounts Administrator never admin Guest never HelpAssistant never SUPPORT a never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account None detected Controllers Display Standard floppy disk controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller SiS PCI IDE Controller NVIDIA GeForce MX MX Microsoft Corporation Display adapter DELL E WFP Monitor quot vis s n KU A DRS September Bus Adapters Multimedia SiS PCI to USB Open Host Controller x MPU- Compatible MIDI Device Standard Game Port Virus Protection Back to Top new Group Policies No details available None discovered Communications Other Devices SiS -Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter Networking Dns Server Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Microsoft PS Mouse USB Root Hub x

A:how do i know if sound card on mother board is working?

Is this the driver you downloaded?ECS K7S5A 1.0Driver Name RealTek Codec Sound on board driverVersion 3.98(6220)Release Date 2007/02/07http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Downloads...d=2&LanID=0

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260533/how-do-i-know-if-sound-card-on-mother-board-is-working/
Relevancy 47.3%

new install. neither driver from CD nor sigmatel drivers from intel website seem to do the trick. they wont actually install --> runtime errors. im running xp pro sp2 with all microsoft updates. board model is intel D946GZIS with core 2 duo E4500 2.20GHz and 2GB memory. should my next step be intel support? thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-board-sound-driver-not-installing.648228/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have installed the AZ11 motherboard in my computer. It supposedly comes with on board sound and has integrated connections for speakers, a mike, and headphones... I enabled it in the BIOS setup, but I can;t seem to get any sound or music to play. In device manager it has the unkown yellow ? next to the audio option. Am I missing a driver? I don;t think I need 1 becuase it is on the motherboard, but how do I get it accepted by the device manager, or am i on the wrong track??

A:AZ11 Mother board - onboard sound?

From FIC

How many drivers do I need to install for my AZ11
and onboard audio?

A Please follow the steps below:

insert the CDPro 4.1 to CDROM drive
click the "Auto-Installation"
follow the instruction to install VIA 4 in 1 driver and AC97 Codec sound
driver
after the system reboot: locate the onboard audio driver at
D:\Audio\VT686A\Viaudio.cat
click here for detail

http://www.fica.com/techsupport/faq/Socket462/AZ11.stm#Q6

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/az11-mother-board-onboard-sound.42626/
Relevancy 47.3%

The realtek on board sound card on an Asus P5n board has stopped working.
There is no longer an option in BIOS to enable/disable it.
It shows as a PCI device in XP
None of the downloadable driver sets work.
I have reset the BIOS

Any ideas anyone?

A:Realtek On board sound card - not in the BIOS

There isn't a P5N mobo - do you have the -D variant?

Where specifically in Bios did you look?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-on-board-sound-card-not-in-the-bios.113752/
Relevancy 47.3%

So here's my dilemma;

I work in a sound room in which half the equipment doesn't work. Both myself and the others involved are not very good when troubleshooting such equipment. However, we are very good at troubleshooting PCs and software. What we would like to do is take all our inputs and run them into a PC running Windows 7, then output to the amps.

Right now we need to know where to start. Finding the right hardware shouldn't be too difficult as we understand the basics of what is involved with the cables and signals we are working with. I am having problems finding the best software solution.

We would really appreciate guidance from someone experienced in this. Thanks in advance!

A:Solved: Replace sound board & equalizers w\ PC

You may want to find an audio forum. You will want/need feedback from others that actually use this type of setup so that you can get recommendations for both the software, and all of the related hardware that will be needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-replace-sound-board-equalizers-w-pc.1092473/
Relevancy 47.3%

OK so I had a similar issue with sound in Windows that has been described multiple times in this forum The sound was crackling and buzzing so I installed Realtek audio drivers as suggested in this forum and it started working albeit temporarily The sound will now work fine for a number of minutes sometimes up to minutes before wigging out and freezing the application that is running sound or sometimes even the whole damn machine So after some investigation and reading I believe I am on the correct tack to solving this problem but have hit a snag I have the ASUS P TE board with onboard audio The driver I downloaded from Realtek by following a link in a forum post Realtek was the Realtek HD audio driver Now I m pretty sure my board is not the HD audio board but rather the standard AC board I have a CD that contains these drivers but when I try to run it in Windows I am greeted with the This CD Sound Board) Issues More (ASUS Integrated is not supported by this OS message Ok so I downloaded the AC driver off the same page I used for the HD driver I m pretty sure this is the right driver as I said above and this was further solidified as I recognize the installation menu However now More Sound Issues (ASUS Integrated Board) I have an error message This driver is not More Sound Issues (ASUS Integrated Board) digitally signed Of course I am given the option to proceed with the installation anyway or to cancel I click proceed anyway and the error message just keeps re-appearing in an endless loop though it cheerfully responds when I click cancel and terminates the installation sigh So two ways this can go Can I fake a digital signature or get a signed driver from Realtek for the AC Figure out how to bypass the digital signature required by Window security I ve already tried a few things with Option with no joy at all if anyone knows I would greatly appreciate it Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/11027-more-sound-issues-asus-integrated-board.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I made the mistake of leaving windows update on automatic When i left it audio was working fine during the night it updated and i lost the ability to detect my on board audio ok here is a list of what i have already done so far not in any sequence other than what i could remember I also have tested after each change board sp3 drivers stopped XP sound working on Installed all non-directly audio related Motherboard drivers Installed realtek HD audio drivers Installed Microsoft UAA driver Installed AC audio drivers Checked bios to make sure was enabled Checked seveices msc to make sure was active Applied the updated KB update UAA driver from microsoft XP sp3 stopped on board sound drivers working Uninstalled SP reinstalled SP removed all removable devices from device manager and redetected Tried to add devices manually ac uaa As it stands atm i have no conflicts device manager no 's on board sound is enabled in bios when I tried add ac uaa drivers manually the dont auto detect and when I navigate to them via the have disk button i am able to find the INF file but once i select it the device list is blank It is worth noting that although i was unable to add any devices i can change the realtek drivers to the AC UAA driver but in both casses return an error failed to start in device manager So i can atleast be sure they are on the system In the divice manager list there are the following devices under the audio tab Audio codecs legacy audio drivers Legacy video capture devices media control devices video codecs Realtek high def audio The realtek device is the only removeable one there Under the audio tab in control pannel all the controls are greyed out and at the top i says i have no audio devices The audio tab is also fulled greyed out no surprise there I know the hardware is fine as it was working perfectly pre- update I have also attached a everest report to this post that will show all current system info at time of this post I am wanting to avoid reformatting as I have already spent the best part of a day installing patching and am just about at my internet usage cap thanks for any help in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-sp3-stopped-on-board-sound-drivers-working-469084.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I ve just been helping my brother set up his computer so it outputs sound to his hifi amp so he can listen to music in the rest of sound/hifi issues on-board Audio: his house but we have run into some issues Configuration is as follows Gigabyte K V M mobo audio-out - gt mm adapter which splits to two mm stereo sockets one end connects to a mm stereo cord for his computer speakers the other connects to a mm to xRCA Audio: on-board sound/hifi issues which plugs into his hifi amplifier See the following image for a clarification What we have noticed is that if there is no audio being played the hifi system has Audio: on-board sound/hifi issues a very strong hum coming from the speakers It is no apparent when a song is playing The same is also for the computer speakers I tested the cables and I Audio: on-board sound/hifi issues couldn t isolate it specifically to either cable The latest audio drivers are installed for the hardware and I don t believe there were any issues with the pc speaker set-up before we connected this other stuff up I m not sure if the cables are duds or if what we have done weakens the signal or something Thanx nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I just made some upgrades on my computer - added a new w power supply a couple new hard drives and a new graphics card When I added the graphics card I took out what a think is just a modem it only has a telephone jack on the back of it to make space - How board Card use for to old New Graphics Install on sound? for the graphics card I got the card up and running great it s a PNY Nvidia GeForce XLR performance edition The old graphics were onboard Nvidia LE The rest of the specs are listed here except I boosted the memory to G So New Graphics Card Install - How to use old on board for sound? heres New Graphics Card Install - How to use old on board for sound? the issue I added this card and I think it s supposed to handle sound too through the HDMI somehow but I m clueless about sound related stuff for whatever reason and I don t think I want sound to go through HDMI cuz I dont have the wires and connections for that Do I Maybe if I knew what I needed I would go that route I don t know I guess I just want SOUND again I m pretty sure it s an option to use my old onboard for sound though right But I can t figure it out I looked in device manager and it just says Nvidia High definition audio doesnt really help me Help nbsp

A:New Graphics Card Install - How to use old on board for sound?

You should be able to switch back to your on-board sound via control panel-sound

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphics-card-install-how-to-use-old-on-board-for-sound.987925/
Relevancy 47.3%

I just purchased a New Windows HP Envy computer in quot My System Specs quot with on board quot Beats quot audio This may work well for some but most of my music is from the 's through the 's and Beats audio does a terrible job The volume constantly changes and the audio will shift from left right and back I am not an audiophile but to be quite honest it sounds horrible It may sound great with today's music but I'm old I've attempted for audio on Sound board replacment Card to do adjustments but nothing seems to be able to get rid of the compression or the effects Looking online I have come Sound Card replacment for on board audio to the conclusion that there just isn't a fix for the issues HP was Sound Card replacment for on board audio no help The only solution I can think of is to purchase a sound card and disable the on board audio I've read that some sound cards do not work well with Windows Pro and some do I don't need the greatest but a software graphic EQ like Realtek has is essential If anyone knows how to make the quot Beats quot listenable I'll give it a try Otherwise any recommendations will be greatly appreciated

A:Sound Card replacment for on board audio

Hi scr,

Please can you go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound and open the Beats Audio Interface - Please screenshot the interface and upload it to this thread.

I can sympathise with you, the Beats Audio driver is terrible!

MistUnleashed

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/372446-sound-card-replacment-board-audio.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I've got an ASRock motherboard and am using it's onboard sound card (C Media 6501). This morning it's suddenly decided that whenever a sound is played, be it the beep when i've got new mail, when someone signs in on msn, when playing mp3's, or when listening to online streaming radio, all i hear is constant hissing from my speakers which stops the moment i stop the audio.

I've tried installing the latest drivers. I've tried uninstalling the drivers and using the Windows legacy ones. System restore is not an option as i have it turned off. I'm stumped as to what else i can try.

Anyone any ideas please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asrock-on-board-sound-hissing-when-audio-played.564493/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi everyone I am having problems with the sound card on my ACER PC and I asked the people I brought my 2nd hand ACER Veriton 3500v from what they did to the PC re formatting the HDD and loading it up with WIN XP Pro again. Apparently they used a program called KIlldisk that wrote 0?s to the HDD before they formatted it? They formatted it in FAT32 then loaded the op system.

As the sound card etc was working o?k prior to them doing this would it have been possible that using KIlldisk has turned ?off ? some how the sound card etc? And if so how can I turn it back on? I keep getting a msg Multimedia Audio Controller not loaded code 28 can you help.
Kelvin

A:On board sound card on an acer veriton 3500v

have you re-installed the sound driver?

also,go into your BIOS set up and enable the onboard sound.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-sound-card-on-an-acer-veriton-3500v.131206/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,
I have a problem with every video files (AVI, mpeg, etc.): I can hear just the sound, but no image (black screen). Two mounths ago I played every kind of video files without problems...
I have an ASUS 900HD EeePc, with Win XP Pro SP3.
RAM 1GB, 900MHz.
Video board: Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family.
To solve the problem I updated video codec and video board drivers. I try also to play videos with different media player (like Win Media Player, VLC, Media Player Classic). Then I start all the services I stopped earlier (just to make faster the pc).
Nothing...
Can anyone help me?

A:AVI problems only sound with updated codec & video board

<<Then I start all the services I stopped earlier (just to make faster the pc).>>

Care to provide the details of exactly what services you stopped...and why?

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508689/avi-problems-only-sound-with-updated-codec-video-board/
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm having a lot of problems configuring the built-in sound cards in ASUS Mother Board like P4P800 and other ones, Does any one have a list for every card and the realted mother board.

A:built-in sound card in ASUS Mother board

Try downloading drivers from here:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/61074-built-sound-card-asus-mother-board.html
Relevancy 46.87%

i have a msi k8n neo3 motherboard.the problem is i dont have SPDIF out but my board has 5.1 sound through 3 headphone jacks.i have a sony home theater and it has a digital in jack.so can i connect my pc to home theater
is there any cables that can connect these ?i.e headphone jacks(3) to digital in
plz help me out.............guyz.

A:plz help-- msi k8n neo3 board no spdif,any way to get digital sound output

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Ditch the onboard sound, and get yourself a separate sound card that has the connections you require.

You`ll get better sound quality.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plz-help-msi-k8n-neo3-board-no-spdif-any-way-to-get-digital-sound-output.41610/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am running a machine with windows XP sp 2, 4 gigs of ram, MS 7336 ver. 1 bios 1.08 Motherboard, and the radeon HD 5850 with the 10.10 catalyst. I was having trouble with my audigy 2 sound card so it was removed to be checked on another machine. In the mean time I have been using the onboard sound from my motherboard. The drivers for the audigy are still on my computer. I have been getting blue screens with the “drive irql not less or equal” messages and when I play games such as witcher and HOI 3 both crash to the desktop. Is it possible that the motherboard sound “card” is causing these crashes because there is a conflict between it and the video card or is it because I have a blank slot where my audigy used to be but the drivers are still installed? Any help appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-on-board-sound-and-video-card-conflicts-cause-crashes.959565/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello please help I have a soundMAX integrated digital HD audio in my PC with the following drivers installed The problem I am having is that after my PC being on for a few hours when I try to play an MP file or a video file the sound is very choppy and skipping This PC is only about months old It has skipping Sound board choppy integrated soundMAX is on and GB RAM and a DualCore Intel Pentium D processor and the motherboard is an ASUS PV D -MX- I am running winXP Pro According to device manager the drivers are dated which I guess makes them pretty old Sound is choppy and skipping on soundMAX integrated board How can I fix this problem I rarely have more than - programs running at the same time so I don t think too much strain is the problem Do I need to upgrade the drivers perhaps On this page http support asus com download download aspx SLanguage en-us I found the following drivers but not sure if they are the ones I need to download Version V update OS WinXP bit Win bit Description ADI AD A Audio Driver V for Windows bit XP File Size MBytes Please help me if you can Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Sound is choppy and skipping on soundMAX integrated board

Please someone help, this is driving me crazy...............

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-is-choppy-and-skipping-on-soundmax-integrated-board.71310/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey,

I have ( and currently using) onboard audio for my sound output. It is Realtek onboard audio for an ASUS MOBO. Its 8 channel audio and im purchasing a sound card. It's a Creative Labs 7.1 sound card with EAX. Is it a good upgrade? I'm sure it is but im just looking for some quality advice first

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4514390&CatId=2771

A:On-board audio or dedicated sound card - pros and cons

It's not quite the same as switching from on-board video to a discrete video GPU card, but it's the best comparison that I can think of. At least with the video you can see a significant difference. With audio it's a little harder to hear a difference, especially since you need a good speaker set to reference from. If your CPU is a little down in power then you'll notice some improvement in games too. A lot of the crackling and poorly addressed effects will be cleaned up. For me, I was also able to hear other players further in a map than I could with on-board audio.

One thing to add to this brand of card that you're buying: The manufacture makes different audio profiles available in their software for this card. These profiles are designed for entertainment, games, etc... Enabling or disabling a profile might make the difference if EAX is available in-game or not. If it does not come with the manufacture's software, I would suggest looking for a disc ISO since this software would be necessary to configure the card for these options. And the updates at the manufacture's website might be incomplete.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-audio-or-dedicated-sound-card-pros-and-cons.133905/
Relevancy 46.44%

i need to update my sound card drivers.... i am on windows 7 and went to the biostar website to update my on board audio drivers and there was nothing available for windows 7.... only vista,xp, etc..... does anyone know where i can update my on board audio drivers please?

A:updating on board audio drivers for sound card on windows 7

It is almost never necessary to update drivers, and most often, not advisable. You can end up with moe problems. Why do you think you should "update" them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updating-on-board-audio-drivers-for-sound-card-on-windows-7.1030130/
Relevancy 46.01%
A:No sound on Intel 845 board in a MPC ClientPro345.. Soundmax Integrated Digital Audio

Fixed it myself.. Found the newest SoundMax drivers. Uploaded as attachment..

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/2911-no-sound-intel-845-board-mpc-clientpro345-soundmax-integrated-digital-audio.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I can drop into CMOS and disable Audio Codecs for Realtek AC'97 but should I also remove the Realtek AC'97 driver from Device Manager? Are there any more drivers that I would have to remove?

Also, an independent sound card plugged into an on-board-designed mother board wouldn't require any other wiring attachments to the DVD CD drive or motherboard, would it? I could just plug the sound card into a PCI slot let 'er go?

A:Solved: Advice Needed for Disabling On-board Sound and Adding a New Card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-advice-needed-for-disabling-on-board-sound-and-adding-a-new-card.908983/
Relevancy 46.01%

My HP Pavilion 502n has on-board video. The computer turns on but will not display anything on the monitor- it'll just put the monitor to sleep. I tried 2 monitors and it has the same affect on both. I tried both monitors on another computer and they both work fine on it, which makes me think that the on-board video unit has failed.
how can I disable on-board video using "device manager" when I can' t see the display? I'd like to replace it with a video card- do I just install a sound card anyway and hope that it'll work?

Thanks.

~Emil

A:Replacing failed on-board video w/ sound card on HP Pavilion 502n

You don't replace a graphics with a sound card. They're two different animals. Sure, you can install a sound card but you'll only get sound out of it. You replace graphics with a graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-failed-on-board-video-w-sound-card-on-hp-pavilion-502n.95806/
Relevancy 43.86%

amd xp (Long get issue?)....before Thread) call new I a fix ideas(power/board for Last board palomino on a ga- vt winxp sp i upgraded video ram in my computer and now i can t even get the old what was replaced stuff to work here s a few things to list install new vid card update drivers settings reboot no picture to monitor unistall reinstall card boot and monitor has picture install another gig of ram boot no picture take new ram out boot no picture take new card out put new card in boot no picture take new card out Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) put old card in boot no Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) picture take all memory out try known good stick in all slots boot and no picture put all back in boot no picture turn power on and watch the led fans run on my lb paper weight it s a never ending combination that i ve tried here and i cannot get a picture on this monitor i ve swapped monitors around and all are good i ve put components from this computer into another computer and they all worked something is not letting this thing boot up i get no picture to the screen and no beeps sounds or anything else i turn the computer on and you hear the fans hard drives and burners powering up and everything but there is no picture going to the monitor it sounded like bad memory because i ran into a case of that before but all the components still work when placed into the other computer my last guess is the board has gone sour i was reading other posts and people have mentioned the power supply but where do i check that at it s a codegen w ps came with the case which was also made by gigabyte i m assuming since it is stamped all over the place if i can t find help with that problem then how about some suggestions for a new board since my options have opened up some because i ve been told my pc sticks will work on board that are rated below that they just have to be able to take gb per slot here s the components - amd xp palomino socket a - maxtor gb hd - maxtor gb hd - x dl dvd r rw drive - x x cd r rw drive - floppy drive - mb ddr pci nvidia geforce mx - mb savageIII agp will probably be placed in storage - gb pc mhz ddr sdram - mb pc mhz ddr sdram i m leaning toward an asus board but the abit s are cheaper and i won t be asking a lot out of the computer except reliabilty sorry for the long thread but i can t think of anything else that would be wrong except board or power supply tia for your help - tag nbsp

A:Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/last-call-for-fix-ideas-power-board-issue-before-i-get-a-new-board-long-thread.423093/
Relevancy 42.14%

With Dell Support Assist microphone test -- earphone playback is good, on-board speaker is terribly scratchy. The sound card lists as "ATI high Definition Audio Device" and "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC."
The laptop is Dell Studio 15 (1555) running windows 7 Professional, 236GB used, 214GB free space, Intel P8700 2.53 GHz Processor, 64 bit OS, 4GB memoryThe built-in speakers used to sound good but now they are too scratchy to understand. However the headset and external speakers (both 3.5 mm jack interface) sound good and a HDMI connected projector sounds good.
I will appreciate advice.

A:On-board speakers are scratchy but external speakers & headphones sound good?

Hello. As a test, switch from the IDT audio driver to the Windows native audio driver.
1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "IDT High Definition Audio Device".3. Select to "Update Driver Software".4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).8. Click "Next".9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver). 10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, then no need to restart.[To get back to the IDT driver, do it again but reverse the names in steps 2 and 7.]
If you get the noise while using the native driver then it is not a driver issue, which would mean there is a strong chance of speaker failure, particularly since the noise is not in headphones. If you would like to replace the speakers I can point you to the service manual.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19682831
Relevancy 42.14%

I have an creative x-fi installed which I have disabled. The on board realtek (mb is an asus ph67) shows audio input to speakers in control panel but no sound at jacks (front or rear). Does the presence of the Creative SC disable the onboard audio?

A:on board (realtek) sound disabled with creative card disabled

Did you remove the Creative drivers? If not, there's probably some sort of conflict.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/295876-board-realtek-sound-disabled-creative-card-disabled.html
Relevancy 40.85%

ok bought a barebones pc of ebay Came with a pc chips board wouldnt post reset jumpers and after a week of trying to get it to work finally said it was ead and went and bought a MSI KT board thinking this will fix problem installed cpu and heat sink installed board into case and installed stick of pc turned it on but same thing happened as before board to msi board..same chips from problem pc with pc chips board fans on cpu and vga card from pc chips board to msi board..same problem spin but just a black screen rset jumpers to clear and reset back tried again still wouldnt boot checked to make sure it board wasnt touching case and shorting from pc chips board to msi board..same problem out but everything seems to be good there theres no beep codes same as with pc chips board KT board comes with a pci slot attachment with usb and led error light when i start pc the light stay on red In manual it says that means cpu is not installed correctly from pc chips board to msi board..same problem or either it is damages reseated cpu and used some artic silver but still same thing and led light stay red im thinking there was nothing wrong with pc chips board just like theres nothing wrong with msi board Could it be the power supply It has a cheap power supply HERCULES is the name on it it weighs almost nothing Ive tried different stick of memory and vga card only things that are comman with problem cpu a AMD Athlon XP mhz and this cheap power supply The problem has to be with either the cpu or power supply thats what im thinking nbsp

A:from pc chips board to msi board..same problem

If ur not posting and considering what u've done coupled with the MSI diagnostics it is very likely there is a problem with this cpu.
You need to get a hold of another compatible AMD cpu just to see if u can post, from there u can confront the ebay seller for any restitution ovr the cpu if there was any kind of guarantee offered at all with the purchased items.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-pc-chips-board-to-msi-board-same-problem.242873/