Windows Support Forum

How to repair/change the AC adapter socket?

Q: How to repair/change the AC adapter socket?

Hi guys!

Recently, my laptop (Compaq Presario CQ50) battery passed away and unfortunately, the day after, the same thing happened to my AC adapter. Actually, the adapter itself works perfectly, except for the socket inside the laptop.

It seems this part is loose and no power can now reach my laptop. I don't care running my laptop only plugged to the wall outlet since I'm using it only in the living room. It's old and the replacement battery is quite expensive (I could not charge the battery without a working ac adapter anyways).

I was wondering if it was possible to buy only the socket and also how to replace it?

Thank you!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-repair-change-the-ac-adapter-socket.171148/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to repair/change the AC adapter socket?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello what is the repair cost for the Repair socket Whats Sandy repair - Bridge? CPU motherboard for cost repairing a CPU socket on a Sandy Bridge motherboard Sadly i didnt know my motherboard had a damaged CPU socket until the reseller told me and therefore they also refused a refund wich also was the reason i sent it back to them in the first place same day as i recieved it when i later on read on hardware forums that intel recalled all Sandy Bridge motherboards Sadly these kinds of damages is not covered by the warranty and I have also Repair motherboard CPU socket - Whats the repair cost for Sandy Bridge? been told that i wont get a refund and its my word against their and really I dont see how I could have damaged the CPU socket when i didnt even had ordered a CPU yet But not much to do against a big company and therefore i would like to know what the cost is to repair a CPU socket on a motherboard I have read on some other forums like xtremesystems that moderators there telling that its about a cost on repairing or replacing the motherboard CPU socket and I would like anyone here to confirm this for me or what other kind of prices there is for repairs that is not covered by the warranty and sadly my reseller didnt accept the motherboard and told me i damaged it which i didnt but i cant proof that they are lying so Is it true that there is about a cost for repairing or replacing a CPU socket on a motherboard and if not what is the cost nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repair-motherboard-cpu-socket-whats-the-repair-cost-for-sandy-bridge.161233/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

My old machine is dying & i cant afford a new one (im a poor student) so im upgrading/replacing the failing h/w. Im looking for an adapter that will let me run a slot 1 CPU on a socket 370 motherboard. Do these things exist? I can find plenty the other way round, but that it.

thanks

Relevancy 57.62%

Well, I bought one of these things, and it seems like there are no manuals or anything else on the internet about the jumper and dip switch settings. I had found a thread on here from about 4 years ago about the same thing but the link to the download is broken and I was just wondering if anyone had any info...

It is a 370SP REV 1.0, that is all the info on the card other than a small A121 in the bottom right hand corner.

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all I'm looking for some help with an HP Notebook HP running Windows home premium I damaged the power socket and had it repaired Since then there is no sound from the speakers although the headphones work fine It seems like he repair.. sound No after socket forgot to connect them back up Is this No sound after socket repair.. possible I have tried all the tests I can find online and everything claims to be working I have checked that the speakers are also set as the default And when I went to check the drivers it said 'this device is working correctly' or similar I know it's not muted and even running the M S sound fix it thingy doesn't find any faults I am trying to avoid returning it since I got it done cheap on fleabay by post The speakers on this machine are so No sound after socket repair.. bad anyway I'm probably just going to use the headphones if I can't fix it myself So I guess my questions are- would the laptop 'know' if any plugs were pulled off I mean should I be getting an error message And can I get at the sound card or wherever the speaker connections live by unscrewing a few bits Or am I looking at open heart surgery here Thanks for reading guys

A:No sound after socket repair..

Most likely the speakers are unplugged or incorrectly plugged in. The system won't know if they are plugged in or not.

Check HP for instructions on disassembling the PC. Most, but not all, PC vendors have the instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/291750-no-sound-after-socket-repair.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Is it okay to plug a 100v - 240v adapter to a 110v socket?

I use a standard Automatic Voltage Regulator powerbox with two 220v sockets and one 110v (50hz max) socket. I use the two 220v for my pc and speakers.

The 110v socket is the one I'm looking to use it with. My wifi uses an adapter that says: 100v-240v (50hz-60hz) input. Can I plug it in 110v socket?

I just need to be sure before anything explode.

Relevancy 55.9%

The power socket on my old PCG-FX203 broke, so I bought a motherboard from ebay from another FX series laptop, and unsoldered the power socket from it.

I then opened up the FX203, and replaced the broken socket. However, the problem still persists. I have to hold the power cable into the socket otherwise no connection is made, even though the cable clips into place.

When soldering the power socket into place, I noticed that the negative connection coming out of the socket did not appear to be connected to any components on the mboard, instead there is a short PCB track which just ends without connecting to anything. I am wondering if this track is supposed to contact with the metal chassis of the laptop and be grounded in that way. Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-power-socket-repair.18085/
Relevancy 55.9%

I assembled a desktop maybe years ago the board finally went South It s an ASUS P C E 478 Pentium Need source for socket or IV repair motherboard motherboard uses a Pentium IV socket CPU dual channel DDR PC RAM - has slots I ve got modules for total gb RM I m not a gamer just fool around with home video amp pictures some online Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair sports watch an old tv show surf the net simple things like that It s always been plenty fast for everything I do When it happened all the lights flashed rapidly and it beeped rapidly when I tried to start it Now the switch has no effect - the board powers up as soon as power is supplied to the machine Can t force quit the machine either Nothing on the monitor at all A Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair tech shop checked it and said the board is bad Sounded like they checked it by swapping cpu s RAM etc I had tried a new battery first had hoped they would test the chipset etc but doesn t sound like they did much if any of those kinds of diagnostics I do have an ASUS setup disc I got with the board when I bought it that ASUS says I can use Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair to reinstall the BIOS haven t tried that yet While I was poking around inside making sure there were no loose cables or other obvious simple problems I cleaned it The CPU heat sink came off the CPU so I have to get some of the heat sink grease and reattach it before I try to start it again Assuming I do need a new board I ve found that boards that will accept that old Pent IV and my ram are scarce So far just some real cheapies on Amazon and eBay Would like to find I e a refurbished direct replacement or at least something basically comparable Or even a reputable shop that may be able to repair the board if I send it to them Would much appreciate any leads or advice The machine serves my needs and I d like to avoid the cost of a new CPU and RAM Thanks nbsp

A:Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair

Absolutely!

I see I failed to specify, but I need an ATX rather than a micro ATX. I did a quick search on the basic LGA 775 specs and the one I happened to see was a micro ATX, altho I imagine other forms were available?

If yours is an ATX, I'll very gratefully take you up on that.

You wouldn't happen to have a setup manual? I'm far from being very knowledgeable,
more of the typical "know enuf to get myself in trouble" level.

I would imagine I might be able to find and download a manual if you don't have one.

My zip is 89046, Searchlight NV. I'm here temporarily for a 2+ year solar-steam generating plant project, then RETIREMENT!!

Thanks so much!

Address removed for your safety. Note from mailpup: Give address in private "conversation" with Matthew.

I'd prefer FedEx ground, they deliver to me.

Let me know how much, throw in some extra for your packaging and time/trouble.
And how to send the money. If you do PayPal, add extra for their cut of course.
Or I can mail a Postal MO or whatever.
Not a huge rush, I can access my "civilian" email at work if I don't overdo it.
Thanks again!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-source-for-pentium-iv-socket-478-motherboard-or-repair.184060/
Relevancy 55.9%

i have a ASUS P5GD1-V and it has a 24 pin and a 4 pin power plugs. (picture attached) and my power supply has a 20pin connector and a 4 pin adapter, and i was wondering if i could just plug my 20pin into the 24 and the 4 pin into the 4 pin, would that work w/o screwing up my board?

Relevancy 55.04%

I had everything working well in my socket AN -SLI delux computer I wanted to try and extend the lifetime & post socket in change CPU no 939 of it CPU change in socket 939 & no post so I purchased an Opteron x online When I installed it I got no post CPU change in socket 939 & no post The fans all come on and stay on with no system beeps I have tried all of the suggestions here and on other sites but nothing I currently have only stick of RAM the grahics card and the cpu plugged in I have removed the battery shorted the CMos checked and rechecked all of the connections reseated the cpu and the graphics card and doubled checked that a watt power supply is ample Since none of this has worked is it now safe to assume the chip is bad I don t see any visible damage to it all pins look straight and clean Should I have flashed the bios prior to installiing the new cpu Is there something else I am missing nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

So lately my laptop has been receiving messages like "we do not recognize your battery adapter" (but in fact its still charging) and sometimes I would get a light shock from my computer, like a quick 'bzzt', as I touch the area around the touchpad as I open my laptop. It wouldn't do the same if I let it turn on(the charger) and leave it for a few seconds.

Also both the 3-pin plug wall and my adapter is producing this electricity sound like 'tsst' which can be heard.

Or is my battery adapter is the problem?

Lastly, the question is should I play my laptop elsewhere where the 3-pin plug wall socket is good?

A:Should I change/fix my 3-pin plug socket?

There should never been any sound/noise coming from a wall power outlet. Remove anything plugged into it and call a certified electrician....immediately!

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/127120-should-i-change-fix-my-3-pin-plug-socket.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,
I am having some problems with my laptop, probably the gpu.I have the amd radeon hd8670m 2gb card with the apu a10 2,5ghz and the laptop can not even run old games at high settings such as cod4.I checked the amd ccc from hardware and I saw that the primary adapter is weaker than the linked adapter. Can you guys please tell me how to fix this?I'd really appreciate it.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/68102-how-do-i-change-primary-adapter-linked-adapter-amd.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Battery not charging in my Inspiron 5748 - Intel [email protected] / 8GB RAM / 1TB disk / two years old. I've replaced charger and battery but problem persists. I've seen posts about other laptops and wonder if this could be a problem with the connector/socket (between adapter and laptop), and if I could replace that? Also, the problem seems to have started when we upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10; could that be an issue?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984313
Relevancy 48.59%

Alright trying yet again I had one Computer tower working however noisy due to an old CPU Fan Rang SMBT Computing asking for a home visit to replace AMD Athlon XP CPU Fan due to my inability o leave the house because of a broken leg The Proprietor came ripped out the old CPU Fan with some force on the floor of my office He then replaced the old fan with the new one According to the CPU Fan Instructions a thermal paste needed to be applied evenly over the heatsink before application I observed Adam do no such thing After 64-bit 754 CPU, 1.8GHz, Socket 3000+ 754 Motherboard MD Sempron SOCKET & K8MM-V MSI replacement of fan which took under one minute from start to finish he restarted my Computer It would no longer work It hung at the black startup screen He then took my computer tower away saying he would need to run further tests After several phone calls by myself he said either the CPU or motherboard were damaged when HE had had replaced the CPU Fan He would install a new motherboard into my computer tower He did and a few days later my partner went and picked it up NB No mention of costs for parts and labour were MSI K8MM-V Socket 754 Motherboard & MD Sempron 3000+ 64-bit CPU, 1.8GHz, SOCKET 754 even brought up There error on installation there problem to fix Upon installation of the Operating System which kept encountering errors the motherboard was running The only problem being that upon any type of installation i e Critical Updates other Utilities the computer would shut down and reboot itself Even when the computer tower was left in idle it would shut down and reboot for no apparent reason I also spoke with a technician from SMBT told him of the automatic shutdowns MSI K8MM-V Socket 754 Motherboard & MD Sempron 3000+ 64-bit CPU, 1.8GHz, SOCKET 754 and subsequent reboots It was indicated by him the motherboard they had installed was faulty To return the tower back to them this was done week later the proprietor from SMBT Computing rang and said he had a working motherboard installed on my system and would be ready for pickup in a couple of hours He also asked what CPU I had installed on my system prior to my computer tower being broken I once again told him it was an AMD Athlon XP I received a phone call an hour later telling me a nd hand motherboard MSI K MM-V Socket Motherboard and who only knows whether or not it was also a nd hand CPU AMD Sempron -bit CPU GHz SOCKET was in my tower and ready to be picked up I loaded the OS on it all was well for about a week I rebooted the PC and got nothing Not even the BIOS would show up This third mobo is an MSI so I went to there website it said remove CMOS Battery for minutes and remove the JBAT for seconds so I did I unplugged the harddrive DVD Rom swapped out of the sticks of RAM changed my new Graphics card for an old one that I knew worked just in case it was the Graphics Card Plugged it back in minus everything except for RAM and Graphics Card Restarted it heard beep and then looked a lovely black screen In the meantime they have sent me an Invoice for for a quot new albeit a nd hand mobo and an upgraded CPU In the meantime I have stripped the PC right down removed the mobo and am planning on returning it to SMBT Computing with the message of quot Here s your mobo CPU back jam your bill where the sun don t shine quot On the bright side my new dual core tower is working like a charm I had planned on keeping the tower as a backup PC just in case my new tower died on me I am still looking into buying a brand new mobo and CPU and putting it together myself I am pretty sure this mobo is DEAD however there maybe something I have overlooked PS I hope this doesn t count as a triple post and no I am not a blonde I am a redhead lolz Oh and just for the record I live in Australia we do not have BBB here nbsp

A:MSI K8MM-V Socket 754 Motherboard & MD Sempron 3000+ 64-bit CPU, 1.8GHz, SOCKET 754

G'Day - I would not waste time on it. I think your idea of sending it back with the bill is spot on. Don't forget to lay it on thick that you are incapacitated and have been taken advantage of over this.
Albert (Whinging Pom) Lionheart

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-k8mm-v-socket-754-motherboard-md-sempron-3000-64-bit-cpu-1-8ghz-socket-754.86249/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, I live in Montreal, Canada and I am having problem with my mcbook. The power adapter does not seem to be working. i have come across a website for a company based in Montreal;  http://www.applerepairmtl.com/mac-pro/; can anyone tell me if its good ?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,143426.0.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok first of all ill say that i am using a Realtek Wireless Adapter (a card in the back, not a USB) and the program i am running to manage my internet is 'REALTEK RTL8185 Wireless LAN Driver and Utility'.

Now comes the problem. At first my computer goes fine, and can work for hours on end, then suddenly, my internet will just cut out, for no reason whatsoever. Then i click to repair my internet, and it becomes stuck on 'Disabling wireless adapter...', and if i press 'Cancel' nothing happens. The only way to regain my internet is to reboot my computer, but even then i have to manually turn it off as it again gets stuck on 'Windows is shutting down'.

I would be greatful for any help and advice you could give, and if you need any more information then just let me know. Thanks

A:Repair stuck on 'Disabling Wireless Adapter'

Sounds like you might have a driver issue or a failing wireless adapter.

I'd download and install the latest wireless drivers, if that doesn't do it, it's probably time to consider a new wireless adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repair-stuck-on-disabling-wireless-adapter.790808/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an intermittent recurring problem trying to repair a network connection using an RTL USB Wireless adapter My system is Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon TM XP x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - Solved: Wireless Adapter RTL8187 Repair MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB T Total - MB Free - MB U Total Solved: RTL8187 Wireless Adapter Repair - MB Free - MB V Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC A V -X Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I have two problems really They may or may not be related The first problem has started within the past couple of Solved: RTL8187 Wireless Adapter Repair weeks On a number of occasions when I click quot Repair quot to try and restore an internet connection that operation freezes at the first step of disabling my adapter The adapter does disconnect but then nothing more happens I can do other tasks on the computer but none connected with that operation A restart will always restore my normal connection I have tried a System Restore to several weeks ago but I am unable to go back in time far enough to be effective The program must be looking for some system response that never occurs whether this is from something in the registry or elsewhere I don t know I have tried uninstalling the adapter and re-installing but that does not help I have also tried going to Device Manager to disable then re-enable the adapter but it will not disable -- just sits there in a waiting state Does anyone have any suggestion as to where in the system I might be having a problem My second problem is that on a number of occasions during this past time period I abruptly lost connection with the internet which then triggers the effort to repair Whether this has something to do with the adapter or with reception problems from my local wireless community access point is a question which I don t expect to pose here nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I bought an old Dell Optiplex 380 system refurbished from Dell for about $80 with an E7500 Intel core 2 duo processor and upgraded it to a Xeon E5430 for about $20. The cpu benchmark went from about 1800 to 4000. The Dell Optiplex 380 uses DDR3 memory, so the Xeon gets an additional boost there. I also downloaded a modded Dell bios that supports the Xeon functions on the 775 motherboard at bios-mods forums for free. Great little computer to play older games in Windows 7. Next I will be updating this system to Windows 10. It came with Windows 7 Home Premium OEM installed by Dell.

So for little cost you can play around with older hardware and make it do things it wasn't originally designed for.

A:Socket 771 Xeon processor in a Socket 775 motherboard

Used little sticker eh ?

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/22571-socket-771-xeon-processor-socket-775-motherboard.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hello there, i have a problem. i have a processor which is a CELERON 2.00 GHz and it's on socket 478. is it okey to insert it on my other motherboard which is a socket 478B? i really need some help right now... thanks in advance... god bless...

A:Socket 478 vs socket 478b on Celeron processor

i think it will.........tigerdirect WAS selling the 478b and celeron in a combo so i would imagine that they are compatible. Now if its only a socket 478b then no it won't work but if its a socket 478 thats has socket 478b compatibility then it will work.......socket 478b is pentium 4 cpu......

What is the motherboard specs if you have doubt so i can help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-478-vs-socket-478b-on-celeron-processor.108287/
Relevancy 47.3%

It's a cyrix M2 250 mhz.

Someone told me that the fastest cyrix processor was a 200 mhz one, but a site tells me that my 250 mhz m2 is a regular socket 7.

This computer is a compaq presario 2286, and I'm trying to figure it out, but I need some help.

I want to upgrade this computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-am-so-confused-about-my-processor-is-it-a-super-socket-7-or-just-socket-7.732415/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi

how can i change network adapter name: (see Image):

i want change it to another name

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53255-change-network-adapter-name.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I need to know how to change the name of a Network Adapter specifically the Hamachi one When going to Network Connections under the Hamachi connection it states its Network Adapter name also shown as this in Device Manager Hamachi Network Interface I need to change Hamachi Network Interface to anything else other than Hamachi Network Interface Lets rename it to Local VPN I have altared all instances of the name Hamachi Network Interface located in the Adapter Network of name Change registry literally searched for it and replaced all values and names that stated it with Local VPN instead of Hamachi Network Interface I even changed all instances within the driver itself reinstalled the driver and it still would not altar the name to Local VPN I tried going in Device Manager clicking on Hamachi Network Interface and pressing F apparently this was supposed to allow me to altar the name and did not do anything I uninstalled cleaned out all old registry changes freshly re-installed hamachi and now I am looking to hopefully try this again So to sum it up where it states under Network Adapters listing all network interfaces controllers I just want to rename this one network adapter name Hamachi Network Interface to something else nbsp

A:Change name of Network Adapter

I forgot to specify, this is on Windows XP Home 32bit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-name-of-network-adapter.854679/
Relevancy 46.01%

I posted this in Win xp section but wasnt gettin much help there probably because its in the wrong section..
I am using a very old computer ,it is only for a temporary time.It is aprox 10 or more years old.Its graphics card isnt even a card ,system device calls it an adapter.It is a SiS 5598/6326,When I had win98se,you could change the
screen resolution,but now that I have xp it wont budge,it stays at,
640 by 480 pixels,HIGH 24 bit.There are no drivers for xp for this old graphics adapter.Im I doomed until I get a new computer?Oh yes the moniter is very small too so the large resolution makes it a pain
And for those wondering how on earth xp runs on a old computer because I updated the ram a bit and added a 7 gig drive

Relevancy 46.01%

yesterday i installed windows to my computer and when i installed my graphics card driver it only shows standard vga graphics adapter in Device manager and in Display-screen resolution- advanced settings it shows chip how change vga graphics to standard adapter type ATI ATOMBIOS DAC TYPE bit Adapter string VGA Bios information my graphics card is EAH G HTDI M Radeon HD MB i tryed installing the latest driver and the only thing it show's is that how do how to change standard vga graphics adapter i change standard vga graphics adapter to my Radeon HD and when i restarted my pc it's screen resolution is changed to here is my dxdiag System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name MAXO-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Acer System Model Veriton M BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Manufacturer Standard display types Chip type ATI ATOMBIOS DAC type bit Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory n a Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model Monitor Id Native Mode Output Type Driver Name vga Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE -D - CF-B -B A AEC CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available can u pleeeeeeex help me to change that standard vga graphics adapter to my installed graphics card sory for my bad english

A:how to change standard vga graphics adapter

Visit game.amd.com to download the appropriate driver. Install. That's all. Enjoy!

If it doesn't install well by running the .exe, use the device manager to install by right clicking standard vga and choosing update driver software. Browse my computer....Then go along and point it to the driver's extracted folder.

Get the 32 bit Windows 7 Catalyst Suite.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/77562-how-change-standard-vga-graphics-adapter.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am using a very old computer ,it is only for a temporary time.It is aprox 10 or more years old.Its graphics card isnt even a card ,system device calls it an adapter.It is a SiS 5598/6326,When I had win98se,you could change the
screen resolution,but now that I have xp it wont budge,it stays at,
640 by 480 pixels,HIGH 24 bit.There are no drivers for xp for this old graphics adapter.Im I doomed until I get a new computer?Oh yes the moniter is very small too so the large resolution makes it a pain in the computer world hehe.

A:Old graphics adapter/cannot change resolution

I don't even see how you got XP to run on a 10 year old computer, and I say run lightly - it's probably more like a crawl! But, to answer the question I'm gonna say You're Doomed!!!!!!!!! Until you get the new computer..........

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-graphics-adapter-cannot-change-resolution.350220/
Relevancy 46.01%

There are programs to accomplish this, but here is the roll-your-own method of changing the Media Access Control (MAC) address of your wireless adapter.

CHANGE YOUR WIRELESS MAC ADDRESS

The possible MAC addresses in Windows 7 for wireless adapters:
X2-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
X6-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
XA-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
XE-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX

WIN | cmd.exe | enter |
Ipconfig /all > ipinfo.txt

IpInfo.TXT has your original IP address.

WIN | DevMgmt.MSC | ENTER | dbl-clk on Network Adapters |
rt-clk on your ...Wireless Network Adapter | Properties |
Advanced tab | select Network Address (in Property area) |
Value radio button | enter desired MAC address | OK

Examples of MAC addresses:
16A098765432
3Affeeddbbcc
4E44667799aa

WIN is the key with the Microsoft flag on top.
MAC Media Access Control address

A:How to Change Your Win 7 Wireless Adapter MAC address

Nice one. But in Windows I'm changing it using software. In Linux I'm using Terminal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/177092-how-change-your-win-7-wireless-adapter-mac-address.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a problem that is just killing me If I modify any IPv setting in my wireless adapter or wired for that matter I lose DNS lookup capability This surfaced sometime ago but it is a real problem now I bought a new Wireless-N adapter and cannot install it because quot any quot change at all results in the DNS Failure I have done everything I could find with regard to suggestions I uninstalled Nortorn Internet Security I reset the TCP stack I even reset permissions on the Registry I manually cleaned up all the old adapter items in the registry Nothing has worked Also I settings. to after DNS any Fails Adapter change uninstalled Windows Updates back to October of last year DNS Fails after any change to Adapter settings. and tried uninstalling any software that was installed in the last months So I am stuck - reinstalling windows ultimate is just not an option I have IIS setup test bed for live websites I maintain a mail daemon and tons of other programs it would take me weeks if not months to get everything working again DNS Fails after any change to Adapter settings. So anyone have any suggestions Note I do not use the Broadcom Wired Connection but I need to keep it in a disconnected state not disabled because the Mail Server Mdaemon stupidly only checks for a wired adapter and won't even startup without one - even though it works just fine with a wireless Here is my ipconfig all output Windows IP Configuration Host Name Bilbo Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - -E - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SU Wireless LAN n USB Network Adapter Physical Address -E - C- - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a a edb f Preferred IPv Address fdd bc c f edb f Preferred Temporary IPv Address a a dd cf f Preferred Temporary IPv Address fdd bc c f dd cf f Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe edb f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe a d fff fe d deb DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - D-B - - - -E - - DNS Servers ccc ccd NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled

A:DNS Fails after any change to Adapter settings.

try adding these two numbers in the router DNS and then turn the adapter DHCP to enabled...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/281546-dns-fails-after-any-change-adapter-settings.html
Relevancy 46.01%

just got a new graphics card and trying to install the software for it

during the installation it says
"Setup is unable to complete the installation. Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup."

have no idea how to do this and i've been searching the net and forums for a how to but have found nothing helpful

you're help is greatly appreciated

A:Need to Change to Standard VGA video adapter

tap f8 when booting and from the options try
low resolution mode
disable a/virus and then try the install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-to-change-to-standard-vga-video-adapter-189602.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Is it possible to change the password of an account with cmd from the recovery DVD?

A:Change user password from repair cd

Hello Michael,

You should be able to using the method in either tutorial below.

Password Reset

OR

User Account Password - Change from WinRE

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/279374-change-user-password-repair-cd.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so very grateful for any help...

I'm trying to wire up a Cat5e to Cat5e wall socket extension and I'm a little confused...

I need to connect a machine in room A to a router in room B. Presently I have a very long Cat5e cable to do this. I've just run a length of Cable through the wall, with a view to terminating both ends with Cat 5e panels (to alleviate the need for a really long cable trailing across the floor).

However, I'm unsure as to how I wire up the insides of the panels. Should I wire them up straight through or crossed-over?

Thanks indeed for any help!

MD

A:Cat5e Socket to Socket extension

Straight through. Plus you need to either wire it up under the 568A or 568B standard. Just pick one and wire up both ends the same way and you'll be fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cat5e-socket-to-socket-extension.816592/
Relevancy 45.58%

hey guys i just took apart my old hp ze5170 P4 laptop(not really important) my new laptop is is a P mobile (socket 479). My question is this will this new laptop support the (socket 478) P4 im wondering if that extra pin is just something to help reduce power for longer battery life. or if my laptop will explode if i drop the P4 in. im willing to experiment but i was wondering if some one already knows. ill entertain guesses and rumors too. let me know what you guys think.

and yes i know the voltage is different but i can change that

A:socket 479 cpu swap for socket 478 cpu, will it work???

It won't work Check THIS PAGE and THIS OTHER ONE.

BTW, Welcome to Techspot!!

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-479-cpu-swap-for-socket-478-cpu-will-it-work.58510/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am using a TCP/IP - Acer Lan ALN 201 PCI ethernet adapter. The control panel, system , device manager says everything is working correctly. I only have one problem. When using a program called paltalk, I am unable to upload or download .jpeg files. I get a message that says "socket error on non socket". I am able to view video in this program, but am unable to send or receive pictures. I properly opened the correct ports on the router homepage. I am hooked to the net via a Lynksys router. Any suggestions? Is this a hardware problem or a software problem? haven't seen it before. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/socket-error-on-non-socket-problem.104858/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey,

This is my first post here or anywhere relating to my computer problems. I am going into Computer>manage>device manager>network adapters>my adapter>rightclick>properties>advanced and I am trying to change the "property" from "802.11d" to "wireless mode" (under value next to "wireless mode" it says IEE 802.11b/g/n) which i believe my BT internet supports, but when I click on it and press OK, I go and check what it is again and it has reverted back to the original 802.11d. I have tried this with a different network adapter so it is not due to the adapter Id think! The other network adapter has different settings under "property" with Network type (with value infrastructure or ad-hoc) and wireless mode. Any help appreciated, let me know if you need more information I will give it immediately!

A:NETWORK ADAPTER- cant change advanced settings from 802.11d

problem solved

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335334-network-adapter-cant-change-advanced-settings-802-11d.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi can you please help me out how should i change my Ralink RT3290 Adapter with any Atheros Compatible Adapter. It doesn't work as expected , whenever i try to connect to my home WiFi Connection it connects for 2-3 minutes and disconnects and never connects after that. I need to shutdown my computer to reconnect again to my WiFi and I have a high speed WiFi and as i connect through my Laptop the speed in it is very very low. I have a Laptop of HP i3 2000 Model is: 2D28TU and currently it is working on Windows Ultimate 7 OS. I need a quick help how could i manually change it and fix this miserable problem. I also want to know how could i manually change the adapter of this laptop and please let me know the most compatible Atheros Adapter for my Laptop that can work 100% perfectly in my Laptop. Thanking YouSandip Singh Sarwan

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-want-to-change-my-Ralink3290-Wifi-Bluetooth-Adapter-with/td-p/5675689
Relevancy 45.58%

I got this motherboar (asus a7n8x-x) a few weeks ago and I've been having trouble with my network. When I install any new software that involves my network (simple network for adsl through modem) or make changes to my network properties, i.e. static ip, my computer reboots when it either detects the network or when it enables it. not sure which. The only way to solve it is to uninstall my network adapter and reinstall it.
Is this a hardware problem or a driver problem? Any way to solve it or should i exchange it?

Relevancy 45.58%

I am logged in as the Adminstrator on My win2k server but I cannot change the display adapter. I have a ATI Radeon but the system is limiting me to 800X600 and 16 colors. It shows the Monitor Correctly as an NEC XV17.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 45.58%

I have a locked laptop and I need to change the settings to automatic IP addressing, so I can connect to the domain and log in.

A:How can I change Network Adapter Settings pre boot?

If the laptop's hard drive is fully encrypted, then you can forget about the info below.

The tool mentioned in option five of this tutorial also has an offline registry editor.
User Account - Reset Password in Windows 7

I have used it many times (but not for this specific task).

If need be, google for help on how to use that editor.

You can put that tool on a USB stick, boot to it and change EnableDHCP to a 0.

That EnableDHCP value name is located here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{Globally unique identifier}

You might need to look thru a few GUIDs before you find the one where EnableDHCP is currently set to 1.
There might be other settings that need to be changed too, but I doubt it. If need be, use Process Monitor on a similar laptop to see what all gets changed when you change to DHCP. I did that do find the info above. EnableDHCP exists in other places too. These other places get changed too, but they might not be needed. Test by changing just the one key/value.

Maybe other forum members have a simpler way to enable DHCP on a locked laptop that is a member of a domain.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/397457-how-can-i-change-network-adapter-settings-pre-boot.html
Relevancy 45.58%

We moved to a new place in December and my atheros ar5005gs WiFi adapter and WRT54GP2 don't seem to like each other any more. Everything in our new home is positioned the same as it was in the old place. I think I may have figured out that the problem might be that there are (according to Network Stumbler) at least 5 other WiFi routers on channel 6 in this neighborhood.

I need to find out how to change the channel number on my atheros ar5005gs adapter. Changing it on my router is no problem, I know how to do that.

Thanks, in advance for your help.

A:I can't figure out how to change the channel on my WiFi adapter

Hi

you only change the channel on the router, not on the NIC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-figure-out-how-to-change-the-channel-on-my-wifi-adapter.143757/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, I recently bought HP Pavilion all in one PC.It may have dual graphic adapters: Intel HD graphics 530 (Included on the main board) and AMD Radeon R7 A360.I expected that AMD Radeon R7 A360 would be the main graphic adapter becasue I understood that Radeon R7 A360 was better graphic chip than Intel HD 530.But I found that Intel chip was used as the main graphic in the display setting. Is there any reason why HP sets Intel graphic chip for the default setting of main graphic? If the AMD Radeon one is better than Intel HD 530, how I can change the main graphic to AMD? If I should use Intel one for the main graphic, why does HP install AMD graphic card on my PC? Please let me know why it happens. Thank you for your help in advance~

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-to-change-display-adapter-from-Intel-to-Radeon/td-p/5592374
Relevancy 45.15%

Had an XP dual boot with Win7 RTM. Deleted XP C: drive and moved RTM D: drive over into it's space. I would like to keep and license this installation using retail Win7 Ultimate Signature Edition received with party pack.

Is there a way to change the Win7 D: drive to C: by running a repair install (upgrade over OS) as I would like to find a way to do this without having to do a clean install.

A:Change drive letter using Repair install?

It looks like from some of your other recent posts that you may already have found the answer to this problem. If not, I had (I think) a similar issue in that I actually tried the RC to RTM "upgrade trick" on a dual boot machine with XP, and after it was finished I deleted my XP partition and moved the Win7 partition into the XP space and enlarged it, thinking that when I get my key I will just activate it and be done. When I tried to re-boot, it re-booted properly into the Win7 logon screen but once logged in there was no desktop, no icons, no nothing. After six long hours, I found the answer here:

Multibooters, Vista Dual and Multibooting - Drive Letter Problems

I think this is what you are talking about? If so, the registry edit described here worked for me, but I had to go into safe mode to do it (I could not do the repair with the Win7 disc as you suggested). It took me about 10 seconds to remove the incorrect C: drive letter reference and change the Win7 partition to the correct C: drive letter reference, then re-boot and everthing was fine.

Hope this helps.

Damon

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/29016-change-drive-letter-using-repair-install.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My AMD based system died back in late November this happened without me being able to prepare the system for a major hardware change This weekend I finally got around to building a new system based on Intel I have two HDD's which are fully accessible and healthy as far as I can tell with CHKDSK The OS is Windows Home Premium with Service Pack I have a retail OEM DVD The system has tried and failed to repair itself I tried using the install DVD to quot upgrade quot as a means to repair but the installation utility complained about a wrong version I'm confused about that as I thought itself repair Forced hardware can't change, Windows Windows Seven remained on Service Pack I can get to a utilities screen and to a command prompt I don't know how to proceed from there in order to put the OS back in a generic drivers state from which I could boot into the GUI to then install the correct drivers for the new hardware I want to repair this but if I am forced to I will go out and purchase and use that as a repair means I really don't want at this time as I am waiting on to be released I also don't like quot upgrade quot versions which might be required in this case I don't know I always purchase full versions I'm also wondering if the Forced hardware change, Windows can't repair itself new UFEI architecture might be an issue as I got the following message when I was exploring possible options Quote Windows can not be installed Forced hardware change, Windows can't repair itself to this disk The selected disk has an MBR partition table On EFI systems Windows can only be installed to GPT disks Please help Thanks

A:Forced hardware change, Windows can't repair itself

Are you saying that you're trying to start Win7 on different hardware? If so boot free Paragon Adaptive Restore CD (provided) to Adjust Win7 to boot on new hardware with Paragon Adaptive Restore CD

If Win7 was installed to legacy BIOS on MBR disk, then first enable Legacy BIOS or CSM in BIOS setup. There may also be a setting for Legacy First to boot. Then make sure the Win7 disk or System Repair Disk is booted as a non-UEFI device. Surely you noticed that you were booting the disk now as a UEFI device.

If there are further problems report back exact error message and at which step, along with all BIOS settings choices for CSM, Legacy BIOS, EUFI, EFI, and BIOS Boot Priority. Confirm that Secure Boot is disabled in Security tab.

You may need to reinstall to UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/367136-forced-hardware-change-windows-cant-repair-itself.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I know a clean installation is always preferred and I may have Windows licensing issues after changing hardware (I will buy a new license if I have to).

That being said, I have a relatively new Win 10 64 bit system (from upgrade) and I do not want to completely re-do the installation of literally everything I have again.

Can I either pre-install motherboard drivers before changing the mobo or do a dirty installation repair after changing the motherboard?

Does anyone have a step by step guide?

I have done this with older versions that worked perfectly, but it has been a while.

I plan to change from an i5-750 to an i7-4790k. The mobo and CPU will be swapped of course.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/44480-dirty-installation-repair-after-mobo-change.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I just changed the wifi card in my laptop and forgot to back it up first. After changing it it failed to boot because of a recent hardware change. I downloaded a copy of windows 8 pro to attempt to do a repair install, and did the automatic repair option but it failed to do it. Is there a way I can get my system to boot without reinstalling the OS?

A:Repair install after network card change

How to do a Automatic Repair:
Automatic Repair - Run in Windows 8
Note: You may need to do startup repair 3 to 4 times.
Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/18728-repair-install-after-network-card-change.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey gus~ can i ask how to change my display adapter to nVidia GeForce 8600?
Here's my display adapter...

does display adapter stand for graphic card?
i hope to ply dota2 but the system system requirements show this~ here the print screen~

if i change my display adapter to nVidia GeForce 8600 is that work? and how do i delete the intel(r) and change it in to nVidia GeForce 8600
Pls help~ and sorry about the broken english

A:how to change my display adapter to nVidia GeForce 8600

Can I just ask as it is a little unclear, do you actually have an Nvidia 8600 Graphics card fitted in your PC?

It looks in the screenshot that you have a laptop not a Desktop PC as it is showing a power cable unplugged icon?

You can't just change the display adapter to an Nvidia 8600, the Nvidia 8600 is a specific dedicated graphics card for desktop PC's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/300522-how-change-my-display-adapter-nvidia-geforce-8600-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Starting with Windows Vista, the driver for our wireless adapters allow us to switch our wireless adapter into monitor mode.

I am using Windows 7 and I had installed Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4. A utility named "nmwifi" in Microsoft Network Monitor installation directory let me switch my wireless network adapter into monitor mode and set the channel for capturing
purpose. Since that utility from Microsoft can do it, I am sure there are function which can let me change the channel of my wireless adapter while in monitor mode.

On MSDN website, I can't find any C++ function that let me set the channel of my wireless adapter while in monitor mode. I can't even find any related function in Windows Driver Kit section on MSDN Library site.

Can someone please either suggest me the functions, or tell me which forum is suitable for asking this type of question?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b972a819-592a-4de8-bb5c-d8725b589a9d/using-c-to-change-the-channel-of-a-wireless-adapter-in-monitor-mode?forum=netmon
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys,

I am trying to fix my friends wireless connection here, im a mac user and not very good on windows so i dont know what to do. I am following some you tube videos for help. As far as i know in 'change adaptor settings' you should be able to see your LAN and wireless connection to enable or disable but the thing is there is no wireless option in there? and it did used to work before.

My friend told me that she used to have XP and another friend of hers upgraded it to windows 7 for her.

Thanks for any help

A:No wireless connection, nothing showing in 'change adapter settings'

ive figured out that i dont actually have a network adapter so i cant connect wirelessly so i need to get a driver for my system but im not sure which one to get. I will put up my os details, i would be grateful if someone could help me. Thanks

Windows 7 Ultimate
32-Bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205606-no-wireless-connection-nothing-showing-change-adapter-settings.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,
I just installed a new motherboard in my HP desktop. It was the same model mobo and it went smoothly. Upon startup I get a windows logo and then it says loading windows files. Then it says startup failed and when I choose system repair it won't repair. I've tried things I've found on other forums but none of them worked. I'm desperate for your help!
I welcome any and all ideas and advice. Thank you!

A:System repair loop after motherboard change. Windows 7

Why...did you replace the motherboard with an identical replacement?  What was going wrong...and what made you think that a MB replacement would solve it?

Is this topic a continuation of This One ?

Looks to me that you did not purchase/replace with an identical motherboard, going by your previous topic.  "Similar" is not "identical" in my world .

Please pursue the earlier topic you initiated, thereby avoiding unnecessary confusion an possbily conflicting comments from BC members.

This topic is now closed.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617116/system-repair-loop-after-motherboard-change-windows-7/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I'm new to the forums and I need help Unable nor change Repair to language installing. (pack) I've been trying to fix my Windows for days straight now and I'm not really progressing This is to help you understand what situation I'm in I've asked my Unable to change language (pack) nor Repair installing. dad to help me with something and he did a little extra which messed up my register and after working on that for about a day we decided to Repair install my windows and see if it helped he got me this Win SP ISO and upgraded and everything went just fine but the language was in English Unable to change language (pack) nor Repair installing. and I was unable to change it I've been on this forum and a few others looking for a solution and didn't quite find out what to do what I've done so far is - Checking optional updates yet there were none considering LP's and I couldn't find the 'show hidding updates' check either - Copying language files from another computer which got the language into the list of selectable languages but I ended up having a English - Dutch on my computer So after a lot of trying my dad got me this ISO which was included all versions including my bit Ultimate SP version which I've been using but it was all in Dutch so we got that problem out of the way But when I go to the setup it asks me where to install and when I choose the C drive it only says it would overwrite it and I never get to those the 'Upgrade' option to Repair install So basically what I'm asking for here is this - How do I fully install this language pack into my windows Microsoft site hasn't been any help couldn't find anything in optional updates and even with separate LP files I couldn't install the language that means both trying to copy files from another computer and copying into the register and dloading from this site Download Windows MUI Language Packs Official -bit and -bit Direct Download Links My Digital Life or - How do I repair install this Dutch Windows x Ultimate after I have repair installed another Windows x Ultimate on my computer Oh and if you want to know why I don't just reinstall Windows it's because I have GB of Files and Programs on it atm that I don't want to lose I'm sorry for the unneeded information but I thought it might help some of you understand what kind of problem I'm dealing with here Because I changed the subject this should probably be moved to another section found to be more appropriate or should I just mark as fixed and make another thread considering my problem Alright getting pretty close here We've copied almost every Dutch LP file into my own Windows and almost everything is in Dutch now but some things can't be changed it seems When we create a new user account there seems to be more in Dutch than on my own account for some reason both accounts have Dutch selected as language however So can anyone tell me where to change account options in the Registry I might be able to copy the settings from the account that has more in Dutch For example when I click the start menu orb there's this tab called Devices and Printers When I got on the other user account which I just made it's called Apparaten en Printers I suspect this to be changeable in the Registry

A:Unable to change language (pack) nor Repair installing.

You own Dutch Win7 Ultimate but repaired with English which has caused your problem?

Run another Repair install with Dutch Win7 Ultimate SP1. Windows 7 Digital River direct links: Multiple Languages; X86 & X64 - Page 60

Unlock any version eicfg removal tool before burning to CD to choose Ultimate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/205812-unable-change-language-pack-nor-repair-installing.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i opened up one of my customer s ibm laptop the cmos battery is missing i cannot go into bios settings so booting from cd is out of the question yes i can boot from a series of floppy disks what need go 2 change bios 2 need repair, laptops now? boot.. into settings cannot old ibm with floppy drive 2 laptops need repair, cannot go into bios settings need 2 change boot.. what now? to start the xp install possibly but there has to be another way which leads me to my second problem toshiba satelite notebook if i try to get into the bios configuration it freezes on me until i hit enter it seems like its indicating a problem with my hard drive if i try to go into bios but ih ave tried other hdd i still cant go into bios again i want to change boot settings to install windows now since i cant boot to xp with both these laptops how am i gonna fix them i know i cant hook up the hdd to my desktop and install windows via usb i have a to hdd converter can i install windows in the laptop hdd with my dekstop or any other way to do it nbsp

A:2 laptops need repair, cannot go into bios settings need 2 change boot.. what now?

up.

help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-laptops-need-repair-cannot-go-into-bios-settings-need-2-change-boot-what-now.654397/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1, on an HP G60-120US laptop.  I have an Atheros AR5009 wireless adapter.
I have no problems with internet access.  However, in Network and Sharing Center I left click on "change adapter settings", right click on Wireless Network Connection, and then left click on Properties I get an error box that says "An unexpected error occurred."  I tried to do a clean boot using MSCONFIG but that did not work.  I tried to uncheck the "Load startup items" box but after restarting it was shaded solid again.  I then tried to check the "Diagnostic Startup" radio button and then click on "apply" but it jumps right back to selective startup.  Can you please help me clean my laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603920/cant-change-wireless-adapter-properties-in-network-connections-windows-7/
Relevancy 44.72%

problem in Network and Sharing Center, Change adapter Settings
When I try to enter ( Change adapter Settings )

This Problem Come

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel

please help!!!

A:problem in Network and Sharing Center, Change adapter Settings

You might want to take a look here:
Manage - Fix "File does not have a program associated"

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/303487-problem-network-sharing-center-change-adapter-settings.html
Relevancy 44.29%

(Win 7, Toshiba Portege R705-P35, i3, 8GB RAM, SSHD)

Hi,

I'm curious to find out if there's any computer performance advantage to using an HDMI cable to drive an external monitor from my laptop VS driving the external monitor via VGA cable. Also, if I set the color depth setting to 16bit instead of some higher value, seems like that should speed things up, etc.

Can you recommend a good software that can let me see what differences there are in computer performance as I vary these settings?

Thanks!

A:SW to test how laptop performance varies when I change graphic adapter settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sw-to-test-how-laptop-performance-varies-when-i-change-graphic-adapter-settings.1097262/
Relevancy 43%

I have purchased 14 Optiplex 3040 with a card adapter to obtain 2 additional serial ports (Startech PEX2S553). This card is working with 128 bytes FIFO and my banking periphals can´t establish communication with the optiplex pc. Is it possible limit to 16 bytes fifo like other cards ??
Thanks in advance

A:Change FIFO Bytes on Serial Adapter Card Startech PEX2S553 on Optiplex 3040

You are talking about MSDOS REAL MODE 16 bit feature that has not existed since windows 98SE.
So no there is no PCI-E card bios fix for this.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996741
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi My bro got given one of these Mobo's today: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=45392&criteria=Motherboards for AMD Processors&doy=21m8

He did not buy it, my cousin gave him it!! She got it for a steal on ebay or something.

It says "sempron ready - socket a" i found this cpu on amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000ALAJM8/026-4959376-0370030?v=glance&n=560798&s=gateway&v=glan

The thing is, would that cpu fit in the foxconn mobo? would a socket 754 fit in a socket a? if it doesnt could you find me another one that would? This would go great as a birthday present for my nan as she only has a packard bell club 75, we could build a real bargain pc!

I am also building my own PC, Not with that crappy mobo though

A:Socket 754 Same as Socket A Sempron?

Nope. Not compatible. Socket A = 453 pins. Socket 754 = 754 pins.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/socket-754-same-as-socket-a-sempron.494217/
Relevancy 42.14%

Never mind I answerd my own question.

A:Motherboard 423 socket or 478 socket??

I take it you have another POST concerning this? You should mark that as SOLVED using "Thread Tools" button at the top of its page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-423-socket-or-478-socket.359361/
Relevancy 42.14%

I see the front side bus speed is increased,not sure exactly what advantages
that has either. pls help a new guy. =)

A:AMD socket 754 vs. socket 939 - what's the difference?

performance about the same. 939 has more future compatibility.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-socket-754-vs-socket-939-whats-the-difference.20682/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello
Can anyone explain why AMD Sempron cpu's run at different speeds for different socket's.
2600+ Socket A 1.83ghz, 2600+ Socket 754 1.6ghz.
Can I safely increase the CPU host frequency, which is set at 200mhz.
I have played with the setting's in the bios and I can take it to over 2000ghz,
but I am not sure if this safe.
The memory installed is showing in bios 513/166mhz DDR333 which is a little odd when I purchased DDR400mhz
Thanks for any help

Mobo Asrock K8upgrade-VM800
CPU AMD Semprom 2600+ Socket 754
Memory 512mb DDR400mhz

Relevancy 42.14%

are there any major differences? is the 754 more unstable compared to the 939?

cos im always gettings performance issues with games on my pc (ive got a 754 amd athlon 64 3400+) i dont know whether it could be the cpu or something else?

is there much point in upgrading my cpu to 939?

thanks a lot.

A:socket 754 compared to socket 939

I don't think it is that simple really.

As far as "stability" goes, 754 and 939 are probably not all that different. What is more important is the chipset on your motherboard, ram/motherboard compatibility etc.

The main advantage of 939 is that the newer AMD processors are made ONLY for that socket type.

You ask if there is a point in upgrading your cpu to 939. You would have to upgrade your motherboard first to be able to accept a 939 cpu. I appologize if that is information you already know, it just didn't sound like it in the wording of your question.

Now, as for your performance issues, if you want we can take a look and try and find the cause. I'd recommend starting a new thread and list your complete system specs with as much detail as possible, also detailing the problems you are having.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-754-compared-to-socket-939.38516/
Relevancy 42.14%

can someone tell me if a super socket 7 processor can be installed in a socket 7 motherboard? what's the diff?

A:socket 7 vs super socket 7

Hi hcw46270, Welcome to TSG !!
http://www.hwupgrade.com/motherboard/socket7_super7.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/socket-7-vs-super-socket-7.144325/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I've been unable to access my custom build computer since around yesterday I chose to restart my computer at around that time just because it was slowing up a little and I usually do that to help I had not installed any updates or new programs since days ago when there had been a few windows updates Upon returning to my computer I noticed that it had been unable to startup and had gone straight into system repair with it with repair Can't loop system - Startup repair restore/repair/commands being 'unable to repair this computer automatically ' I rebooted several times and noticed that it was not a visible BSOD but as soon as the 'starting windows' icon began to appear it went straight into startup repair I tried to boot into safe mode tried to load previous good configuration and all of the other advanced recovery options including system restore image and many command prompts This is what it shows after being unable to repair automatically Problem signature name Startup repair Startup repair loop - Can't repair with system restore/repair/commands offline Problem signature Problem signature Problem signature unknown Problem signature Problem signature Autofailover Problem signature Problem signature Corrupt file then my O S version Locale ID This diagnostic occurs every single time I run the startup repair Also command prompts I have tried using the WindowsRE command prompt and the one found on the 'repair your Startup repair loop - Can't repair with system restore/repair/commands PC' option on the windows installation disk are -All bootrec exe fixmbr rebuildbcd scanOs fixboot to crop up with the message 'completed successfully' and 'installations of windows ' -Chkdsks of my D disk where my files and windows are located now - sfc scannow which also shows no problems either -moving the SAM BOOT Software files using a guide I found on these forums I have sufficient anti-virus protection and must stress I didn't download any new software yesterday however I do frequently run the registry cleaner option of CCleaner if that is of any importance Again all efforts to bypass the load and boot into safe mode or with last good config all just automatically lead me into startup repair with a seemingly infinite loop of 'could not repair this computer automatically' If it must come to it I am willing to do a windows complete reinstall if that is the only way to resolve this but I just wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions of commands for me to try or anything like that I see a lot of people having this 'looping system repair' issue but their's were resolved I am not much of a tech whizz and I just want to know what the issue is if it was by one of my fault's so I don't mess it up again and how to solve it I have never had this issue before it was completely random and I build my PC from scratch in January If you need any more information please let me know Thanks I am running Windows Ultimate x bit and my HDD is connected via SATA GB S Braefost

A:Startup repair loop - Can't repair with system restore/repair/commands

Have you tried copying over the backed up reg hives from the regback folder? Follow steps 8 onwards in this tut.

Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/172357-startup-repair-loop-cant-repair-system-restore-repair-commands.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I need to block/hide/disable in the control panel the option "Change Adapter Settings". I have a DHCP server and I dont want my users configure a network adapter with a fixed ip.

I am looking for registry section or a directive that makes the trick.

Thanks in advance.

A:How can I block in Control Panel the option "Change Adapter Settings"

I found this software, but I wonder how it is made the trick.

I need to apply "it" throw an in-house application.

Edit Windows 7 Registry Software, Customize Windows XP Registry Settings, Tweak Registry Editor

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195203-how-can-i-block-control-panel-option-change-adapter-settings.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello My win10) repair your (Repair repair screen Automatic PC couldnt pc is C Touch All-in-One Lenovo Operating system Windows I can't run my PC every time i Automatic repair couldnt repair your PC (Repair screen win10) try to run it shows me Automatic repair couldnt repair your PC (Repair screen win10) blue screen wrote on it quot Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC Press quot Advanced options quot to try other options to repair your PC or quot Shut down quot to turn off your PC Log file System Logfiles Srt SrtTrail txt quot I tried to use the most options but none of them worked such as System restore every time i click on it it says System restore could not find the offline boot volume Please ensure it is currently accessible By the way before one day since this problem happened i created system restore point My pc is Lenovo while running it i clicked F and it opened for me Onekey Recovery its Lenovo Tool it has option called initial backup but i dont know if it backup from the system restore point i've created or what exactly Please help i need to solve it ASAP i have many important university files on my PC and i don't need to lose them NOTICE I tried all the options in the repair screen such as quot Reset this PC quot quot Startup repair quot and more all of them give me message when i click on them please if u want know what message i get let me know what option and ill write it because too many erorrs and i got a dvd contain install of windows ISO file and able to run it on my pc

A:Automatic repair couldnt repair your PC (Repair screen win10)

You might be better off doing a clean install. You won't need to enter the key as its already been associated with your computer.

Backup any files you want to keep first.

I am not certain but it may take the install files from the recovery partition (perhaps someone can confirm this), I know this worked with a recent HP job I did.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/40915-automatic-repair-couldnt-repair-your-pc-repair-screen-win10.html
Relevancy 40.42%

First of all sorry if this is a duplicate thread I attempted to search for an up to date thread for my question I am using an HP pavilion G series laptop running Windows When I go here -- gt Network and Sharing center Change adapter settings The window that opens is completely blank and does not show any adapters What I m trying to accomplish I am attempting to bridge my wireless internet connection between my laptop and my Xbox which I have done many times before I m not sure what happen I didn t make any system hardware or driver changes since the last time I settings" Solved: adapter "Change is showing anything not had my bridge connection working I Solved: "Change adapter settings" is not showing anything have tried a few things that I found on an old thread on this forum but nothing has worked I am at a loss and am really close to restoring Windows all together I can supply an IM Solved: "Change adapter settings" is not showing anything or Email address to get support if needed Any help on this issue is very much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

I tried searching for this but didn t find anything Apologies if I get my Windows terminology incorrect I m using the Japanese version of XP Pro but am more familiar with English so system text is in Japanese so I have to translate it by memory from when I last used English Windows or literally translate the Japanese term After having to do a repair install all my file associations were reset But when I right-click on an affected file and select quot Program Opens With quot or go into its Properties then click on quot change quot under File Associations and manually search for the program I can select the program in the Open dialog box but once it s selected and I hit OK it s not in the list of programs that Windows will allow With" "file Install In An The Can't After File's Propeties Change Repair Xp Opens me to choose for the File Association I also tried going into the options of two different programs IrfanView Media Player Classic so I could just have the program change the file associations but this didn t work either Any ideas Reinstalling the Can't Change "file Opens With" In The File's Propeties After An Xp Repair Install relevant programs might work but not all programs give you the option of changing their file associations when you install them

A:Can't Change "file Opens With" In The File's Propeties After An Xp Repair Install

Have you tried to change the file association from Explorer view?How to change file associations in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...p;product=winxp Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/129685/cant-change-file-opens-with-in-the-files-propeties-after-an-xp-repair-install/
Relevancy 39.13%

Everyone's had the problem of wanting to disable the wifi miniport, or enable it to share wifi.

I have a different problem. I would like to change which wireless device the wifi miniport uses, as the external USB wireless adapter I was using died. I cannot see the wifi miniport adapter without that device attached, it seems. I don't even know if the wifi adapter even as options to select which wireless card to use even if I could get it to appear.

Is there a way to do this without having to resort to reinstalling Windows 7?

I am fairly familiar with netsh. No command line option seems to be available to switch network adapters for the wifi miniport.

It also appears that it will simply not switch to the only wireless network adapter detected, and I know it will host a virtual wifi network, I've done ICS/AdHoc before.

A:How does one change which wifi adapter the wifi miniport uses?

I tried the solution in this link: How to change default Microsoft Virtual WiFi miniport adapter?

This did not work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/341191-how-does-one-change-wifi-adapter-wifi-miniport-uses.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I have to set up a Broadband connection. But Local Area connection icon is missing. Someone told "drivers" could be missing... I installed few. But the problem is as it was.. please guide me in this regards.. Thank you

Screen shots Attached

A:"Local Area Connection" missing in "Change adapter Settings".. Plz hlp

Hi and welcome to the Forum
Is the Broadband connection working OK?
Where are you looking for the icon? Can you post a screenshot of the location where you expect to see the LAN icon?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286724-local-area-connection-missing-change-adapter-settings-plz-hlp.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I repair startup failures in startup stuck repair, repair, vista am using my cellphone because my computer is stuck in startup repair mode I have windows vista I stuck in startup repair, vista startup repair, repair failures can choose repair or normal both run start up repair It always fails after multiple attempts I chose advanced options after failures and tried to do a hard drive restore to several different dates It always says its successful and restarts but goes into startup repair again every time I have called ms tech support and not surprisingly my problem requires advanced help that costs money They did have me restart and push f to launch safe mode but it ended up in startup repair also I have agreed to pay them but set up an appt for next tues They said i can cancel and get my money back if i want They said my problem is fixable and my photos and files will be there I just feel like i may have a better option and I m hoping this website is it I can restart my computer and give the details if its needed I am desperately seeking your help and would definitely donate if you can fix my computer and i dont have to pay ms I am not a computer idiot but definitely NO expert nbsp

A:stuck in startup repair, vista startup repair, repair failures

Hi, check the following link.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392/en-gb
Boot from the Vista DVD
Follow the link above to reach - Command Prompt.
At Command Prompt - Type.
bootrec.exe
Press Enter.
It will now give you some options.
Type
bootrec /fixmbr
Press Enter.
Let it finish fixing the Master Boot Record.
Type Exit and exit Command Prompt [remove the DVD] and restart you pc.

If the above does not work - use the DVD and back to Command Prompt.
Type
bootrec /fixboot
Press Enter
Let it finish fixing the boot sector.
Type Exit and exit Command Prompt [remove the DVD] and restart you pc.

I would try and back up any needed data and files first, before you do the above.
How to use Linux live Cd to backup files from a dead Pc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-startup-repair-vista-startup-repair-repair-failures.1139114/
Relevancy 36.12%

how do i get these to work together one computer has the qwest modem the other the usb and i want to have a wireless connection for internet but they dont connect and see eache other

A:Solved: Bluetooth 2.0 usb adapter class 1 and qwest wireless modem w1000 adapter

Does the bluetooth adapter recognise the modem but can't connect?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bluetooth-2-0-usb-adapter-class-1-and-qwest-wireless-modem-w1000-adapter.774464/
Relevancy 36.12%

There are some of devices that were mission from device manager At first there was a problem with wireless adapter I couldn't enable it I tried to reinstall drivers serveral times but it didn't fix the problem So i reformat my system times the problem is still existing It's getting worst now i can't find wireless network adapter, adapter, device items Wirelress in lan reader card manager: Hidden adapter lan network adapter and card reader in device manager It is weird that sometime the Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader wireless adapter appears in device manger those devices come back too I am quite sure that my wireless adapter hardware is ok because i did replace new wireless adapter but the problem still exist I ran some antivirus tools antimalware tools non of them return infected The weirdest issue is that my wireless adapter comes with bluetooth adapter but only bluetooth adapter can be used it works perfectly fine Could you please take a look at this problem im Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader at the deadend this is Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader the weirdest problem i ever had with my laptop and pc Thank you DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Kritparin at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV Bitdefender Antivirus Enabled Updated B F -CAF -DD -C -E B SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Bitdefender Antispyware Enabled Updated EB F -ECC -D -FED -DC A D FW Bitdefender Firewall Enabled A D - -DCCF-EF F- E DBCD CF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows system notepad exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO IDM integration IDMIEHlprObj Class C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dll BHO Bitdefender Wallet DAC C - D - AB - A-B D CD A - C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender Antispam pmbxie dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files Microsoft Office root office URLREDIR DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Microsoft Web Test Recorder Helper DDA - - ed - D - D EC D D - C Program Files x Microsoft Visual Studio Common IDE PrivateAssemblies Microsoft VisualStudio QualityTools RecorderBarBHO dll EB Web Test Recorder D - - - CDB- B D D - uRun Bitdefender Wallet Agent C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender pmbxag exe uRun Bitdefender Wallet C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender pwdmanui exe --hidden --nowizard uRun Bitdefender Wallet Application Agent C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender antispam bdapppassmgr exe uRun DAEMON Tools Lite C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe -autorun uRun IDMan C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMan exe onboot uRun AdobeBridge lt no file gt mRun THX Audio Control Panel C Program Files x Creative THX TruStudio Pro THXAudioCP THXAudio exe r mRun UpdReg C Windows UpdReg EXE mRun SunJavaUpdateSched C ... Read more

A:Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/518236 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518236/hidden-items-in-device-manager-wirelress-adapter-lan-adapter-card-reader/
Relevancy 36.12%

device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and then underneath the bang with WAN Miniport (IP) #2. When I check the properties of the device It says it is not working properly. When I attempt to uninstall the device it tells me that the device cannot be removed because it is required to boot the system.

A:device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and

go into your bios and under boot options, remove network/internet as a boot option if it is listed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/device-manager-under-my-network-adapter-i-have-my-intel-ethernet-adapter-listed-and-91828.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I am desperate. really really desperate, I don't know what to do anymore

I spent a lot of money on a new gaming pc and it has been a complete nightmare from the start. I have wireless network at home so I had to het a usb wifi adapter, the Netgear N300 WiFi USB Mini Adapter.

Its setup cannot complete because it is stuck eternally at "detecting adapter"

I sought online but it's only people reporting the problem and NOBODY giving a solution. pleas pleeeaaaase somebody help.

A:Netgear N300 WiFi USB Mini Adapter stuck detecting adapter

Power down PC...while it off remove USB wifi adapter....power on PC. When PC has finished booting up, search in the uninstall programs list for any software related Netgear and uninstall it. Reboot and start the process again.

According to the system requirements for that device, it does not support windows 10, which may be you issue.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/fil...DS_03Jul13.pdf

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/128908-netgear-n300-wifi-usb-mini-adapter-stuck-detecting-adapter.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hey I have two problems so i will explain the scenario then number out the issue I had a new hard drive installed when i booted the laptop it worked well The wifi in my area is very low so I was told I can use a wireless adpter to quot boost quot the signal strength received I was given a Encore ENUWI-N Wireless Adapter to use I installed the utility program from the official website and the computer still did not recognise the device so I deleted the program I then lost connection to the internet and at the time i thought the wifi can dropped i later realised that was not the case since my phone s wifi was still connected I then reinstalled the software the executible Wireless ENUWI-N3 internal plus adapter Encore Adapter broadcom issues file was saved on the harddrive and it give me the same message that there are no drivers for the adapter I shifted Encore ENUWI-N3 Wireless Adapter plus internal broadcom adapter issues my attention to my failed internet connection after troubleshooting it give me a error message stating that there were no drivers installed for the Broadcom wireless adapter that is internally installed I tried a system restore to before i tried installing the Encore adapter and still nothing the system continued to give me the same message and it registered in the quot device manager quot as unknown device named quot ethernet controller quot with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark I have been able to borrow a Encore ENUWI-N3 Wireless Adapter plus internal broadcom adapter issues laptop and download the LAN adapter fron the ACER support website and although it had no quot set up exe quot file visible i was able to get Encore ENUWI-N3 Wireless Adapter plus internal broadcom adapter issues the adapter to read the zip file and then the system recognised the adapter HOWEVER still NO internet connection I can see the available networks but it just would not connect to any WHY I have you posted a website to get the driver for the external adapter in an older thread about a year ago so i shall try and see if it works My laptop still does not connect to the internet although i have installed the LAN and wireless adapter drivers from the website the adapter specs Broadcom Hardware Id pci ven e amp dev amp subsys d amp rev Computer model Acer Aspire z- windows ultimate PS before this whole mishap I remember that in the device manager under the network adapter there was quot WAN miniport PPOE quot something something my brain failed to pay attention to anything after this point The quot WAN miniport quot is no longer there Please Help Thanks in advance In Any ForumExcluding Discussions Advanced SearchTag SearchSearch For My Posts Quick LinksToday s PostsUnanswered ThreadsSubscribed ThreadsForum User GuideCommunityOpen Contacts PopupContacts amp FriendsSocial GroupsPictures amp Albums Profile for psych funaticMembers ListMiscellaneousControl PanelRulesArcadeCalendarMark Forums Read nbsp

A:Encore ENUWI-N3 Wireless Adapter plus internal broadcom adapter issues

What is the purpose of all those links at the end of your post?

What is listed in Device Manager under Network Adapters?

What, if any, warnings or errors (yellow or red) flags are anywhere in Device Manager?

While trying to connect by both ethernet and Wi-Fi ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/encore-enuwi-n3-wireless-adapter-plus-internal-broadcom-adapter-issues.1079173/
Relevancy 36.12%

So to do adapter No no option, change wireless wireless? I How wireless I've been using Ethernet for a while now to access the internet on my PC I never really use it because I'm always using wireless but few months back my wireless just suddenly stopped working so I've been using an Ethernet cable ever since Anyway How do I change to wireless? No wireless option, no wireless adapter I wanna get back to using wireless but the problem is I don't know how I have no wireless adapters and no wireless option to set up a new wireless connection I go into Control Panel Network and Internet Network and Sharing Center gt Set up a New Connection or Network gt How do I change to wireless? No wireless option, no wireless adapter Connect to the Internet gt But the only option I get are Broadband PPPoE or Dial-Up Shouldn't a wireless option be here I then look to Control Panel Network and Internet Network Connections but there's only one icon there Local Area Connection and that's my Ethernet cable which I'm using right now Shouldn't there be a lot more here I've gone into Device Manager and checked my Network adapters but there's only one Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller My other PC literally the exact same PC to this one in the room next door works fine and has got a bunch of other adapters I have no idea what's happened to this Yeah I'm a newbie to this Basically I want to start using a wireless connection but I have no idea how

A:How do I change to wireless? No wireless option, no wireless adapter

What is the make and model of the PC? Is it a laptop? Is there by any chance a switch that turns the wifi on/off?

If the wifi worked in the past and suddenly stopped working, I would suspect that the adapter failed but it could also be switched off or the driver got corrupted or otherwise disabled somehow.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/362103-how-do-i-change-wireless-no-wireless-option-no-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I have an Inspiron home running XP and a Latitude D XP that I used to be able to use interchangably with a Comcast modem and a Netgear WGR router A couple of weeks ago my internet connections slowed and now have ended After several phone calls to Comcast the last tech told me the problem was quot the network address showing in the device manager is different than the network address that shows in the TCIP IP settings quot I am getting an error message of quot network cable unplugged quot on the Inspiron and the red X on the second of the two adapters st is nd is Broadcam x I can get internet from the Latitude when directly connected to the cable modem but not when routed through the router for wireless We have tried multiple reconfig of the IP shutting everything down computers router modem all with no success Any help anyone can provide would be great--I still need to order Christmas presents nbsp

A:Network adapter in device manager is different than adapter in TCIP/IP settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-in-device-manager-is-different-than-adapter-in-tcip-ip-settings.886135/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello I registered to forums to get help to solve wireless adapter issue I am having I have been looking for help to IP could Wifi adapter network stack protocol bind not adapter in Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter Lenovo forums and AV provider problem is still on Background I changed AV software from Symantec to F-Secure I uninstalled Symantec software and installed F-Secure software Laptop is Lenovo T What happened First I recognized that ping commands caused Windows to crash Then I uninstalled some VPN softwares and ping started to work Operation did something to wireless and LAN connections they did not work anymore LAN started to work by removing LAN drivers from device manager and reboot After reboot Windows reinstalled LAN drivers and LAN was ok Wireless is a pain in there I have tried almost everything All Lenovo provided network softwares and power management tools are uninstalled and reinstalled together with wireless drivers Wireless driver is not recognized by Windows None of automatic repairs or wifi uninstallation operations have corrected problem I collected some logs which might help but now I do not know how to proceed Windows reinstallation is something which I do not want to do ------ Device Manager Device Manager has quot Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter There are no devices with exclamation marks ------ Lenovo software diagnose repair log Issues found Detection details There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter Detected Detected Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter Set up the wireless network adapter Completed Set up the network adapter to communicate with this network This ensures that both Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv and Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv can be used on the network adapter InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log File Name BF E - CA- E E- EDA- D CDCCE Repair Admin etl The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Completed Windows Help and Support can provide more information about resolving driver or hardware issues Detection details Expand InformationalDiagnostics Information Network Adapter Details about network adapter diagnosis Network adapter Wireless Network Connection driver information Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Manufacturer Intel Corporation Provider Intel Version Inf File Name C Windows INF oem inf Inf File Date July Section Name Install MPCIEX Lenovo HMC BGN WIN Hardware ID pci ven amp dev amp subsys Instance Status Flags x a Device Manager Status Code IfType Physical Media Type ------- It seems there is collision between Windows registry and device manager What can I do to repair wireless Thank for your help

A:Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter

Hi Ron, Welcome to Sevenforums.

Try this to start

Control Panel > Administration Tools > Computer Management > Services & Applications > Services.

Scroll down this list to find 'WLAN Auto Config'

Double click on 'WLAN Auto Config' On the general tab, select from the start up type drop down menu, select 'Automatic'. Under Service Status click on 'Start'. Then 'Apply' these settings and exit from all open control panel windows.

This should then allow Windows to set the required bindings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/314713-wifi-adapter-could-not-bind-ip-protocol-stack-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello

I have my AWUS036H for a few months now and it worked perfect until now.
My landlord has a router in his appartment and I need to connect to that router to get access to the internet.
I bought this adapter for a better signal but this week I got a very weird problem.
My adapter can find all the networks surrounding it except my landlord his network. But my inbuilt adapter can find my landlord's network and all the others. To clarify, here an example:

AUS036H finds:
Neighbour1 (strong signal)
Neighbour2 (strong signal)

Inbuilt adapter finds:
Neighbour1 (weak signal)
Neighbour2 (weak signal)
Landlord's network (weak signal)

What is going on? It drives me nuts!

Thanks in advance

A:AWUS036H adapter can't find specific network but inbuilt adapter can

Quote: Originally Posted by Herp

Hello

I have my AWUS036H for a few months now and it worked perfect until now.
My landlord has a router in his appartment and I need to connect to that router to get access to the internet.
I bought this adapter for a better signal but this week I got a very weird problem.
My adapter can find all the networks surrounding it except my landlord his network. But my inbuilt adapter can find my landlord's network and all the others. To clarify, here an example:

AUS036H finds:
Neighbour1 (strong signal)
Neighbour2 (strong signal)

Inbuilt adapter finds:
Neighbour1 (weak signal)
Neighbour2 (weak signal)
Landlord's network (weak signal)

What is going on? It drives me nuts!

Thanks in advance

Here is the problem, the AWUS036H can only see b or g signals, it's not 802.11n capable so it can't see N only signals. The Landlord has a router which is set to broadcast the faster setting which is 802.11n only, not mixed with b or g because that would limit the connection speed to 54Mbps.

This means that you can't see his N only signal because the AWUS036H isn't N capable. No doubt the inbuilt adaptor is N capable.

You really need to get one that can pick up b, g and more importantly n which is much faster and usually has more range.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/313981-awus036h-adapter-cant-find-specific-network-but-inbuilt-adapter-can.html
Relevancy 36.12%

After upgrading to Windows things were working fine until about updates came through and now these TAP-Windows Adapter V and TAP-Win32 Unwanted and Adapter installing Adapter TAP-Windows OAS drivers V9 TAP-Win Adapter OAS drivers are installing over and over Unwanted TAP-Windows Adapter V9 and TAP-Win32 Adapter OAS drivers installing again I uninstall the drivers and they come back I disable them and they re-enable themselves I have looked up answers to this issue and I do not use a VPN so none of that applies to me The unfortunate part is that I get constant interruptions with my internet and don't even want to touch my laptop hardly anymore because of this but I Unwanted TAP-Windows Adapter V9 and TAP-Win32 Adapter OAS drivers installing need to because I am trying to start a business and get back into school The only way I can get the internet to work again is to disable the drivers and troubleshoot my wireless adapter It renews the wireless adapter the internet works for anywhere between one minute to an hour before I have to troubleshoot again HELP How to I block those drivers There needs to be a Microsoft Removal Tool and a major update I tried to add a screenshot but it took so long to verify me that I had already deleted it after days

A:Unwanted TAP-Windows Adapter V9 and TAP-Win32 Adapter OAS drivers installing

Ok it's more than a week now and I'm not seeing any Tap-adapter, hopefully it will work for you guys too: untick all in IPv4 and IPv6, if another Tap appear, uninstall them both from device manager.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e0653755-531d-45a6-8221-46e552328d8d/unwanted-tapwindows-adapter-v9-and-tapwin32-adapter-oas-drivers-installing?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey, I wanted to put some new games on my Laptop, and I got the Direct X 9.0c Compatible Graphics Adapter message. So I went online, and was instructed to go onto Device Manager and I found I had Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, so then I got some kind of update checker and it looked through my hardware and found that my Graphic Adapter needed updating... :blush:

I have already put some of the games I want on my laptop before now, and un-installed them when I ran out of space, and now I have more space I want to put them back on.

I tried a link for the Update, but it told me to use Windows Update, but it doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone know a free way of updating Standard VGA Graphics Adapter?

That would be helpful x :grinthumb

A:Dispay Adapter - Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Update?

Like this one ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dispay-adapter-standard-vga-graphics-adapter-update.141829/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey everyone Please media disconected help, adapter both ethernet on tunnel adapter and First of all I need to say thanks for this web-page it has helped me out in the past but this time I cant Please help, media disconected on both ethernet adapter and tunnel adapter seem to find a solution to the problem that I am having I cant connect to the internet on my laptop but on my other one I can with no problems However my Please help, media disconected on both ethernet adapter and tunnel adapter computer says it has local and internet connection I am semi framiliar with the way things are done on this forum so here is hopefully enough information Modem Motorola Surfboard sbv All lights are on including online Router Netgear wireless g router wgr v Blue internet light lit Also the computer I am currently using is connected to internet via that router Laptop with issues Toshiba Satellite a Running windows vista home premium service pack I have run ipconfig and here is the copy of that Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - F- B- - -CD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e ad ce f a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday July PM Lease Expires Tuesday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - A-C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C- AC- -ADC - DE DF br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AA E A- - B - E E-CB F C br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Im still only slightly better than a noob at computers when it comes to this sort of thing I would really appreciate any help with this And thanks again for a great website -Jason nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-media-disconected-on-both-ethernet-adapter-and-tunnel-adapter.1009107/
Relevancy 35.69%

HI All...

i have a laptop

working withe win7 pro

and the Ethernet adapter and a wireless adapter disabled together in the same time until i restart the laptop

i format the laptop
and download the driver and install it in the laptop

and it disabled again

help please

A:[SOLVED] ethernet adapter and a wireless adapter disabled

What brand and model is the laptop?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-ethernet-adapter-and-a-wireless-adapter-disabled-890746.html
Relevancy 35.69%

problem w/ Microsoft 6to4 adapter (network adapter)

I am frequently being disconnected from the internet.

Microsoft 6to4 adapter (network adapter) has a exclamation mark (!) in a yellow triangle in device manager.

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

When i check for solutions, it says cannot load driver software.

A:problem w/ Microsoft 6to4 adapter (network adapter)

See this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932520

If there are no problems connected with this code31, ignore it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-w-microsoft-6to4-adapter-network-adapter.784178/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi thanks for looking in and trying to help I have a laptop with Windows on it and as usual today the laptop s screen frame also accomodates the internal Wireless Internet antenna I am able to use the existing networks when they are close enough to me But I wanted to have a better reception so I bought one of those USB-based Wireless Internet Adapters WIA which have mounted a little dBi antenna dBi Decibel on its side I bought recently a much larger dBi antenna which I can use to replace the smaller antenna adapter. 7: Adapter: Why? Wireless Internet Laptop: Can't Windows use the on that WIA Windows also recognized the USB device correctly please see the screenshot link http www NADB net v Prom WLAN jpg but the connection tool at the lower right side of Windows system tray area displays only those networks which the internal screen frame antenna Laptop: Wireless Internet Adapter: Windows 7: Can't use the adapter. Why? captures I tried already to disable the internal antenna but then I don t get any network Why can t the Network Connection icon not show networks the USB Laptop: Wireless Internet Adapter: Windows 7: Can't use the adapter. Why? WIA might capture What is it I am doing wrong Please don t mind to ask me for additional details here I will provide them as additional details nbsp

A:Laptop: Wireless Internet Adapter: Windows 7: Can't use the adapter. Why?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wireless-internet-adapter-windows-7-cant-use-the-adapter-why.1092278/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello, this problem has really confuzzled me. I have just bought a new wireless USB adapter, ran it through the setup entered the password etc. Fine. Nicely connects to the router everytime (well ok most the time). But it cant seem to find the internet, which i know is there because my house mate has no problems with it. I've read quite a few complaints about this adapter. Is it worth just returning it and trying a different one? Or does anyone have any ideas?

It finds the submask, ip address, sets a channel automatically. One thing i noticed though is it doesnt create a gateway. (i asume cos i cant find the net). I did have internet before but they were wired. I've since then disabled the normal ethernet adapter and disabled the old connections. So i dont think theres anything conflicting.

Please help?!!
Thank you in advance i really appreciate it.

A:Belkin Wireless adapter - can connect to the adapter, but not the internet!!!

I'm going to guess that the IP address that it finds is 169.254.x.x and the subnet mask is 255.255.0.0, right? It's really NOT connecting to the router, which is why you don't have a Default Gateway or DNS servers.

You don't have to disable the wired interface to connect wirelessly, there's no conflict.

I'd suggest you first disable the encryption and see if it connects. If it does, then you need to make sure you enter matching passwords for the encryption on each end. Note that for WEP you should ONLY use the HEX password, do not use the passcode option.
Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

The name of your ISP and country of residence.
Make/model of the broadband modem. If dial-up, please specify.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.)
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-wireless-adapter-can-connect-to-the-adapter-but-not-the-internet.619846/
Relevancy 35.69%

Windows failed to start startup repair cannot repair this computer safe mode cannot load chkdsk freezes sfc scan cannot perform the requested operation Hi I cannot start my Windows at all With power on the system tries to load up but ' windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause' Trying to open safe mode or last good configuration doesn't work it goes automatically to startup repair but after about an hour trying it says ' Windows Startup Repair Cannot Repair This Computer ' tried a few times After another reboot with a windows repair disk in the drive I managed to open the recovery manager this cannot start, mode Windows computer, startup to repair safe failed repair cannot from the DVD instead of the HDD and tried all the options - system recovery does not work i have no previous images of the system I ran a scan on Windows failed to start, startup repair cannot repair this computer, safe mode cannot the memory - it was all clear but still windows not starting Then I did CHKDSK and it froze at on stage of that happened a couple of times so I decided to run an sfc scannow but another error 'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation' So I'm totally stuck and don't know where to go next I've got no windows installation disk only repair disk Any ideas would be much appreciated

A:Windows failed to start, startup repair cannot repair this computer, safe mode cannot

Hi and welcome to TSF what is the make and model of the computer,is just a repair disc or is it a recovery disc does your machine have a recovery partition,have you tried removing and reseating the ram or running any diagnostic test like memtest 86 + or seatools for dos

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-failed-to-start-startup-repair-cannot-repair-this-computer-safe-mode-cannot-654592.html
Relevancy 35.69%

My problem started last night as I was trying to boot in safe mode with networking to install and update malwarebytes to get rid of a spyware problem I was unable to start my computer with safemode using f so I used the misconfig boot ini method and selected safeboot with networking Then I was able to get to the boot sequence menu but whichever option I picked safe mode normal last working configuration etc the computer just restarts Then I tried to repair windows with the xp cd and it completed at and needed to quot repair safe after conflicts -- mode win windows & repair access Cannot setup restart to finish the setup process quot However right now whenever it restarts it will automatically go into safe mode and I would get an alert saying quot win xp setup cannot run under safemode Setup will restart now quot I have tried pressing okay x-ing it out and a manual shutdown But whatever I do the same cycle will happen Cannot access windows after win repair -- safe mode & repair setup conflicts over and over again I later found out about the f key and tried using that to boot normally but it still goes into safe mode My question is is there a way to override the msconfig settings so that my computer can boot normally and finish the setup process OR to get the setup NOT to finish so that I can change the msconfig settings back to original I would really like to backup my files before doing a reformat Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Cannot access windows after win repair -- safe mode & repair setup conflicts

First of all you could use any Linux Live-cd program to make a bootable cd from a downloaded iso file and then boot to Linux and then copy and paste whatever files you need to a usb flash drive or external hard drive.
What I would suggest first though is boot to first "r" for Recovery Console and run "chkdsk /r" to repair the hard drive.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-windows-after-win-repair-safe-mode-repair-setup-conflicts.884994/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi all - my laptop refuses to boot and when I start in repair mode I get the BSOD with just the cursor visible and nothing happens If I reboot in safe mode then it hangs at windows system drivers bootdefragdriver sys I have researched and believe this driver is linked to Glarys Utilities but am obviously unable to uninstall the program or driver because I can't boot into Windows I therefore downloaded an ISO file and created a USB boot disk as per one of your tutorials with the intention of rebooting option mode, no boot repair repair BSOD but disk upon UBS created into repair mode but when I boot from the USB BSOD upon repair mode, UBS boot disk created but no repair option and press F there is no repair mode option All it does BSOD upon repair mode, UBS boot disk created but no repair option it try to reinstall windows from scratch which I am reluctant to do Does anybody have any suggestions of how I can either delete the bad driver if that is indeed the problem or how I can still get into repair mode from the USB drive Many thanks

A:BSOD upon repair mode, UBS boot disk created but no repair option

I think if you don't want to reinstall then you could try booting the laptop with a Linux live cd/usb and renaming/deleting bootdefragdriver.sys and seeing if that helps

Peppermint Live CD/DVD/USB - Create for Emergency Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365995-bsod-upon-repair-mode-ubs-boot-disk-created-but-no-repair-option.html
Relevancy 35.69%

We have a VGC-LS25E Series Sony Vaio desktop computer. When we attempt to start, start up fails and when we run start up repair, the error message says start up repair cannot repair this computer automatically. When we view problem details we recieve a message saying problem event name: StartupRepairV2 followed by 10 problem signatures.
Problem signature 01: AutoFailover
Problem signature 02: 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6001.18000
Problem signature 03: 6
Problem signature 04: 1310740
Problem signature 05: NoRootCause
Problem signature 06: NoRootCause
Problem signature 07: 0
Problem signature 08: 1
Problem signature 09: SystemRestore
Problem signature 10: 0
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1003

Please help? What should we do next?

A:Vista startup repair cannot repair this computer-- problem event name StartupRepairV2

Please stop posting the same thing over and over. Once is enough. Be patient. Someone will reply in Vista startup repair cannot repair this computer-- problem event name StartupRepairV2.

I'm requesting this thread also be deleted.

Anyone responding, please use the above thread instead of this one.

Thanks!

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/285716-vista-startup-repair-cannot-repair-computer-problem-event-name-startuprepairv2.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I need some help, please.
I couldn't find Windows 7 Repair Disc / Repair System / rewrite MBR for x64
Can you give me some advices, please ?
Thank you

A:couldn't find Windows 7 Repair Disc / Repair System / rewrite MBR

Please give us the exact problem you're experiencing if there is one.

Otherwise: System Repair Disk
System Repair Disc - Create
System Recovery Options

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/197630-couldnt-find-windows-7-repair-disc-repair-system-rewrite-mbr.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi,

I have a problem with my HP Pavilion MS228UK. When I power it on, it runs Startup Repair and then gives me the mesage 'Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically'. In the details all the tests were completed successfully with error codes '0x0' except the last one which gave 'error code 0x490' with the message 'No OS files found on disc'. I ran the memory diagnostic tool which found no faults. I have tried to boot system recovery using F11 but that is not working either.

All help appreciated
Thanks

A:Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically(No OS files found on disc)

Does the BIOS detect the hard drive? Is there a hard drive diagnostic that can be run (there usually is when a memory diagnostic is also included)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-repair-cannot-repair-this-computer-automatically-no-os-files-found-on-disc.1107190/
Relevancy 35.69%

We have a VGC-LS25E Series Sony Vaio desktop computer. When we attempt to start, start up fails and when we run start up repair, the error message says start up repair cannot repair this computer automatically. When we view problem details we recieve a message saying problem event name: StartupRepairV2 followed by 10 problem signatures.
Problem signature 01: AutoFailover
Problem signature 02: 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6001.18000
Problem signature 03: 6
Problem signature 04: 1310740
Problem signature 05: NoRootCause
Problem signature 06: NoRootCause
Problem signature 07: 0
Problem signature 08: 1
Problem signature 09: SystemRestore
Problem signature 10: 0
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1003

Please help? What should we do next?

A:Vista startup repair cannot repair this computer-- problem event name StartupRepairV2

Hi jessie,
Did you get any factory recovery disc's when you purchased the PC, Or do you have any repair disc's from microsoft, If you do, try them, Try going into safe mode and doing a system restore,let me know how you do, good luck patch41

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285714-vista-startup-repair-cannot-repair-computer-problem-event-name-startuprepairv2.html