Windows Support Forum

Microsoft said I had a virus, registry error when updating itunes

Q: Microsoft said I had a virus, registry error when updating itunes

I just got a new Iphone and I Microsoft virus, updating itunes a when I error said had registry plugged it into my computer when I tried to use iTunes I got a message Microsoft said I had a virus, registry error when updating itunes saying that I needed to update iTunes in order to use my Iphone with iTunes I tried and got an error saying Could not open key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE MozillaPlugins Apple com iTunes version Verify that Microsoft said I had a virus, registry error when updating itunes you have sufficient access to that key or contact your support personnel Initially I thought it was a mozilla problem seeing as how it says quot mozillaplugins quot in the error I went and looked through Mozilla for a plugin associated with iTunes and found none then I uninstalled Mozilla Firefox all together but it did not work still got the error I browsed the interweb for answers to my problem but came up with no avail I called Apple customer Support and was redirected to Microsoft customer support I know there are a lot of scam quot microsoft customer support quot numbers out there but this was through the official website and he said it was an error associated with the registry and that usually means we have a virus he said he would happily take control of my computer and help me through my issue if I had their support package which is bloody expensive so I thought I d have my bud Broni help my butt Before I went to another forum category for halp D nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Microsoft said I had a virus, registry error when updating itunes

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Microsoft said I had a virus, registry error when updating itunes

Bumppp​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-said-i-had-a-virus-registry-error-when-updating-itunes.207898/
Relevancy 66.65%
Relevancy 65.79%

Alright There is an issue that I am currently having with my Toshiba laptop I am running Windows Back in November when I attempted to update iTunes to the most current version was when things started acting strangely on my computer and when I began to notice that there was an issue I am currently a college issue 7/iTunes virus hidden problem Windows with along updating student and have been very busy with working and attending school that I am only now finding the time necessary to sit down and really figure this problem out Windows 7/iTunes updating issue along with hidden virus problem I have recently contacted Windows support and the only help they could give me after working with them for over two hours was that I could possibly try rebooting my operating system but it is not guaranteed to solve the issue which would wipe my entire drive and who knows if it would even take care of the issue I have only realized the magnitude of the issue that I am dealing with within the last month or two What sketched me out the most was when the Windows tech assistant was remote controlling my computer and ran a scan and could not find a thing The problem with what Windows suggested is that I prefer not to wipe my computer drive and wipe everything because I have nearly gigs of music on my drive that I cannot be sure if I will be able to access again I had copied all of my music library onto an external WD hard drive before iTunes decided to take a hiatus on me This sounds great and all but apparently I wrote my password down incorrectly to access my drive I have tried everything to get it correct I set my drive to automatically unlock when it connects to my Toshiba but I potentially will lose my music if I wipe my drive and this takes out my WD drivers set to remember my passwords It would also be great to access my library on other computers In regards to solving my WD issue I have to restore my drive and re-copy everything back onto it but I cannot get onto iTunes to achieve this so I am currently stuck at an impasse Hopefully I have explained all of this adequately Can someone please help me Nate

A:Windows 7/iTunes updating issue along with hidden virus problem

Hello,Let's see what is going on.MiniToolbox by FarbarPlease download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList DevicesList Users, Partitions and Memory size.List Minidump FilesList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.===Security Check by screen317Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.Regards,Alex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576702/windows-7itunes-updating-issue-along-with-hidden-virus-problem/
Relevancy 64.5%

I've done a search on here but can't Error Registry iTunes seem to find someone with the same problem so please pardon this if it's a duplicate Up until a few days ago iTunes worked fine on my computer Then I installed the new version and now I get the following error quot The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs and DVDs are missing This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software Please reinstall iTunes quot I have gone onto the Apple forums to see if anyone was having a similar problem and have followed the advice of others to try to fix the problem Nothing has worked I've done the following Gone into iTunes Registry Error registry settings to delete the Upper and Lower filters but they don't iTunes Registry Error exist iTunes Registry Error where they are supposed to be I've done a complete uninstall of everything Apple following instructions found on their website and then reinstalled but that didn't help I installed a GEAR driver but that also didn't help I searched for updates on my CD DVD drive and it said they were up to date Now it seems that my computer isn't recognizing the CD drive at all and the warranty on my laptop expired days ago Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:iTunes Registry Error

After doing the registry settings, uninstalling and re-installing iTunes and installing the Gearworks (or whatever iTunes uses), it all came down to one simple process....
(Vista Ultimate x64)
Go to the Uninstall Window. Select iTunes. Click the repair button.
All that research came from a simple tool already in front of us! Duh-uh!

http://www.vistax64.com/software/194044-itunes-registry-error.html
Relevancy 63.64%

new itunes with genius made my toshiba laptop not recognize the mat****a burner it has...so i followed a registry editing piece of advice from online, which made the computer recognize the burner again, but now itunes won't let me burn cd's saying that it doesn't have any burning software. please help! I've reinstalled itunes as the error message suggests (more than once now) and still no fix.

A:itunes burning registry error

Hi and welcome. You'll probably need to reinstall the burning software again.....sounds like you broke something else in the registry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-burning-registry-error.766517/
Relevancy 63.64%

For some reason I think my registry related to quicktime/flash player is messed up because I can't seem to install my itunes or my quicktime. It seems to go fine until it tries to make registry keys. The error that i get is:

could not open :hkey_local_machine\software\classes\quickplayerlib.quicktimeapp\clsid. verify that you have sufficient access to that key.

I'm not sure but could that error also be the reason why flash player doesnt work on my internet explorer? for some reason it works fine on mozilla.

A:Can't Run Itunes/quicktime. Registry Error

Uninstall Quicktime, Itunes and Adobe flash player, one at a time with a reboot in between each uninstallation, then reinstall them one at a time, also rebooting after each is installed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68366/cant-run-itunesquicktime-registry-error/
Relevancy 63.64%

I get a registry error saying it can't open Quicktimeplayerapp/clsid. I was reading other forums about going into reg edit.exe, however It says there was an error while opening the key QuickTime keys. (The forums said to delete certain QuickTime keys) How do I get permission so I can delete those keys?

Relevancy 62.35%

I can not get KB2596787 thru Microsoft Office 2007 Vista program to go thru. I keep getting an error code of 80070663. I've tried to do this manually, but it still won't go thru. There was a site called OSpeedy System Optimizer to download to get help with this code. But I didn't know whether to trust it or not. Do you have any suggestions? This KB has not gone thru for me in the last 6 months. It has not prevented other updates from going thru, so should I just ignore it. Thank you bkkpr

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-error-in-updating.1165999/
Relevancy 60.63%

I get a Microsoft Visual C++ error in itunes after burning a cd. The mouse pointer changes to an hourglass but otherwise functions normally. A notification box appears in the taskbar which says Microsoft Visual C++ error and when right click on it it disappears. There are no other notifications and I am using the latest version of itunes. I have have had this problem with older versions as well. My operating system is Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, repairing the registry, everything I can think of. Any help on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-visual-c-error-in-itunes-190934.html
Relevancy 60.2%

The topic says it all... in Microsoft essentials the virus and spyware definitions...Updating will not complete and the program is consequently not active in my system

A:microsoft essentials virus and spyware definitions,updating will not complete?

MSE is a freeware right? I think the best thing to do is to uninstall your version of MSE and download a fresh and updated copy from the Microsoft. Let us know then if that solved the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496711/microsoft-essentials-virus-and-spyware-definitionsupdating-will-not-complete/
Relevancy 59.77%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files databases Virus has antivirus prevented and updating me accessing windows, microsoft.com from Prevx prevx exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files ASUS SmartDoctor SmartDoctor exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files ASUS EPU- Engine FourEngine exeC Windows System restorer a exeC Users Jesper Program Files DNA btdna Virus has prevented me from updating windows, antivirus databases and accessing microsoft.com exeC Program Files Curse CurseClient exeC Windows System svchost exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Windows System svchost exeC Users Jesper AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows System rundll Virus has prevented me from updating windows, antivirus databases and accessing microsoft.com exeC Windows System svchost exeC Program Files DAP DAP exeC Windows System svchost exeC Program Files Secunia PSI psi exeC Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files SpeedBit Video Accelerator VideoAccelerator exeC Program Files Common Files Adobe Updater Adobe Updater exeC Program Files SteelSeries World of Warcraft MMO Gaming Mouse WoWMHID exeC Program Files SteelSeries World of Warcraft MMO Gaming Mouse WoWMTray exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files iTunes iTunes exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google dk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - blank file missing O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Hj lp til tilmelding til Windows Live - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO DAPIELoader Class - FF C CF - B - D -ABED- C - C PROGRA DAP DAPIEL DLLO - BHO GrabberObj Class - FF C CF - B - D -ABED- C - C PROGRA SPEEDB Toolbar grabber dll file missing O - Toolbar no name - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - no file O - HKLM Run C Windows TEMP VRT ED tmp exeO - HKLM Run restorer a C Windows system restorer a exeO - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exe quot runcleanup... Read more

A:Virus has prevented me from updating windows, antivirus databases and accessing microsoft.com

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/262148/virus-has-prevented-me-from-updating-windows-antivirus-databases-and-accessing-microsoftcom/
Relevancy 59.77%
Relevancy 58.91%

A very loud warning from microsoft saying I have a serious virus installed in the registry and a number to call immediately. I called and the tech told me he will call back in 20 minutes. Since it is over 25 minutes, so I post here maybe you can help.

Tell me what I should do.
win 7 64 bit
AMD Phenom II X4 955 4 core 3200 Mhz
8 gb RAM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-said-i-have-a-serious-virus-installed-in-registry.1157609/
Relevancy 58.91%

Installation of iTunes in Win 7 Ent 32-bit is unable to finish successfully - at approx. 80% of installation progress I'm getting error and the install falls back:

'policy.8.0.Microsoft.VC80CRT.type="win32-policy",version="8.0.50727.6195"...' (see the enclosed image for full error text).

I never had iTunes installed, I'm the admin and the only user of my PC. Tried Tweaking.com repair resetting policies from safe mode to no avail. Tried different tricks suggested at the web (repair Windows updates, Windows installer, etc.), no change, no result.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/385222-cannot-install-itunes-error-policy-8-0-microsoft-vc80crt-type.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,
since yesterday my itune's has been showing this warning:

"The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs and DVDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall iTunes"

Tried the support section on apple website but nothing can be done....

Please Help!

A:Itunes registry problem.....can't burn CD and DVD on Itunes...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-registry-problem-cant-burn-cd-and-dvd-on-itunes.752829/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a major problem on my laptop i cannot update window error virus Rundll32 Windows updating following not i am informed 'Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running You may need to restart your computer' i restart my computer and get the same repeat problem About the only thing i can click Windows not updating Rundll32 error following virus on and it works in my 'Control panel' is Uninstal Programmes' everything else that i click on produces the error 'Windows cannot find C windows system rundll exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again' In addition just recently my bluetooth just stopped working My touch pad on my laptop the left key does what the right key should and the right does what the left should I think i can fix this in my 'Control panle' but as in section i cannot access the folder I have tried everything i have searched for the file download mentioned in section but nothing works that downloads I have tried PC pitstop and Resgistry Clean Please can someone help my hair is about to fall out Regards MJT

A:Windows not updating Rundll32 error following virus

Hi -

I see that you have made a duplicate thread in our Security Forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...ml#post2561023

However, there are steps that need to be followed in order for the Security Specialists to help you.

Return to the Security Center, Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum and follow THESE STEPS carefully before posting your logs in the Security Forum.

Please be patient as the Security Analysts are very busy and one will get to you as soon as possible.

In the interim, I am closing this thread pending the outcome of Security Forum. If you find that problems exist after your system is declared clean by Security, send me a PM and I will re-open this thread.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-not-updating-rundll32-error-following-virus-455614.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a major problem on my laptop i cannot update window i am informed 'Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running You may need to restart your computer' i restart my computer and get the same repeat problem About the only thing i can click on and it works in my 'Control panel' is Uninstal Programmes' everything else that i click on produces the error 'Windows cannot find C windows system rundll exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again' In addition just recently my bluetooth just stopped working My touch pad on my laptop the left key does what the right key should error updating following not rundll32 Windows virus, and the right does what the left should I think i can fix this in my 'Control panle' but as in section i cannot access the folder I have tried everything i have searched for the file download mentioned in section but nothing works that downloads I have tried PC pitstop and Resgistry Clean Please can someone help my hair is about to fall out Regards

A:Windows not updating following virus, rundll32 error

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new thread, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/windows-not-updating-following-virus-rundll32-error-455620.html
Relevancy 54.61%

How do I update iTunes when I have Windows 10 Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updating-itunes.1163605/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello. I'm trying to update iTunes. It keeps running into errors. Any advice on how I might get the update to work?

Thanks.

Error message was error writing to C:\Config.msi\53e15da.rbf

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627100/help-updating-itunes/
Relevancy 54.61%

The installation process rolls back after i get the a message that reads "A network error occurred while attempting to read from file: C:\WINDOWS\Istaller\AppleSoftwareUpdate.ms"

Trouble is i can not find this particular file in the path specified & i cannot update Itunes. Could anybody help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/updating-itunes-to-8-0-1-11-a-312249.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I get this error message everytime I try to update my itunes to version I've also tried running the setup program from the website but I get an quot invalid drive F quot message and it won't allow me to DL updating Trouble iTunes..please help!! IMG http www vistax com image png base iVBORw KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAgYAAAJICAIAAACVD vrAAAgAElEQVR nOy Trouble updating iTunes..please help!! ZMk nh Dr Trouble updating iTunes..please help!! yvvBYwM VV d gMAMCc Baa QBkUMADpWVtjesBS lEyLFElM F VvWAFCnRpFa SIoACcz Trouble updating iTunes..please help!! zPR VdeR VfffMYAYHZSqsN Zf LKfzs qagwg jrCZsQ fpH JOZz NV fvk ye ln ryRl ycaGYFI PraU L DooKxggtBcygAazocxIkV DOWEjw sUq KMQjIKQcvoEuGrQB KVVE Ok eN Kcnmf LKvlGA sjtMLnJHnjUGbE ycYGd K OZadbIcGaGM O lWaNocpxZo z yVZY raVpLcPokIIEeU XljUyjJ hdHSSDKNnWYNidBC IhQJigdCeUhWJxgN SCN jBRCJ I WoKUZN kqiKoOStJKkFYyxcNbGWZvgHIJzYBtjrGTVSFaNFG ijAV CM heAtjDYzVQASjkaxOcQbFnbgn SNB Ug KBgcBSVJcVqK K jpTktCSnJVkVFGTgNIzXMV HbbQ yaoJRkkwCirMKQquCKLNU SispxDcE ac Hg mCMlaLNFGslGTPBmgnWjDMGUoq QBhnQ kYyZoI V U QRsgSB qKAleDUTQFklbJG RjE xdpp qwD yRjE QFgu LTg XAo CsbZUEJUWpx CMGF iWrRqKiIyWrRrysgVDKkcwUbWGMjbMOzjoYY doK k YyUtXtbjZT RMZJVE JBTsiQqBgg AspsZI Pq OT vxsp smhhjJ hzqGIVHSleNUBob KxkoyVoM UDZxssaaKykIg mnJtWzk raFf WJQY gUFiFwCnRPONijYiwofq jhzGdvymdvyuFioL wC WIvanE lTGbgY N sx Ge PfVpJHGv mZ zbcvymmizpyZKemNbiN Xxb uQM h U WCr N WoUTPpPj EEkDPp LtHMQPywEZesuCcp MBZUBIIGg ggTAQFhhJOREsyCYeVbPs qB XKMVmC PKtPcEaBMyZ s ibg ZwxIOwLw jAcYNDp oqWVHStAYpyN DRVOR IgD ZS RQkAADCPAhcJGuBd B B cd CmQ wq DJy cM EOR ndIwNeJDmzTR olTHleKtNGsAMyjOQAdibODrU yOCQYmGMdUCDl hARcMBAhwjw BQlwrePLfXYkkLxL u pSEixFiAhTAV P HDBSSESYAcMWLGIBKwioFVjIAKVZM AkOGc EKadYhGZs AgN kHqoMJEFL Pt PgcSwh fCbl wABiRhgbYVokKgYgBFiSqBhwIHL EZ CgzASPpUKYQcdgcTpSIgUIHIJdDZw OgSyK DyqciAVFhkC QHnbf MHBJqY pOTNY H j kSF U wAO agoRCzc LVgQJ Yd LuHtg QBj rEsIoQkjAq BDMBehITwpYuiBSQAFVl gjMmeXOUEBKCx taI kt JGH Mh p mNrChEWaaqKqSATw SxrhFsPYY CQgQGWd CRajwlK EEHhMyPNZkUDwFsEHzj oH BmRrBQwbJHNSoIdk wM wJzKA g ANdOzTIwEXjP cSEBNBJJ KcHL IGGIiHJWREkDHreoTBAGUYhIVXWQVjFwCsGUTVBiAdUiAcEbQUu wgJ FqE BKCC uWBEaoa yEh MgPSEC HmBAcC BuSTvEZyLs YCZAfeBBuWATpT eEQR MbSh qstG v pkTBYnqdEwtmb igkRNoBcNFBGMQqeqJihD WKmygYSVAqXKxlDXnyzpQ NRo YCXneKIoWqCCYBcHM waoIJhF ZqQ AnJhr Ts yGmQb KjznN NFThTiqEH hZAioAD KSVRStLK maTVPq EwABvCmhKs I KdoFyc KNsUZBKPhtIr RsCvgfvLCFZWtLOinRNsaAFAEwGEHDpCQrgHCblLUFF QIgZqIUB cDJhnuHAu fYhXF ERVxcpystwhWR w DALSZpBWM gjco QJUYJyd ocoyVkg IgJDiY OG Rgo wQ EG hQa XEUbiUAEgKJJiGax FR I ogSjxGk wSiABFKyEBIighYPghyqLOoZCyOQ A UI S yEDg gbBADCgWIdkAhhA nDHUYI UZhghPx MgFg cHf irTB ww sCTpwtdBKCKhQ hEVIkhAHUeolYB qCIliTRKRiEBNTIiilW WGUIchAPkDcP wUNiqBtrGKmygZyRqmyASmDSlSO X kwX URiFhlCsPP HdebNzqDXjlX SMsDef IDJBzH VAiZwfISFMgqHtmBO KOtYxcTLJlGxQHjZBO PPuJlM U oI o CaaHq YSUPdfbANieFiP OKKx L ZJAw RCKdVJHmSBgPYSTkjrqMcoxWZHXUcRSxRd cEiyEhDRvEowGOgUJWTFAAjzjh uI INiRZkGECqcgIdIUQH Z YYCUAEYdnqXegQJOO Au oFBIo UGND D QIXPgQRcMCJISB FDVA ACEBIgpDxEZbRQCGcP YajScgoRw CQcXIkgAWkUEgZhAM pT mEJGMiJIRjCRA CIukLYK UMgBnuvDEQvk H jSAi eEYhIdKPhIRXLbxqjWIAVjHDGYLGx l QRF ViSEe DQh QyMZg iICKFlVAwjjAQQQkKEAZAYQQJUJF WU UD D iAFk sZJBHfEAKx zAD sDypMBcSD Wk UvhniqI IQQqQr KZ DgY E YRck lkdpUc DynIAH lwYVocLp MiJZo TIbyMAshF iwIZpE w HlgmBOCFZRtPKiA iAh j GmIB EqFI aCsinhyMEYdcfzjkIhtORgPw crt cmdBAY GtBJzTERJIwURIAIc qMgzJuo okSHEi HPUInRJefnokQN RQgLqO KFIPNQBXASLVQqOD qIjwlEiJ R EkZHjvPwMSjnv aRMhgWTsNOdmeQ U VyAAQjxAJAA eWI x lRFICIfKwxqvajFaj F nDGgvkkuQEK ygSTB FBCTEhmRJxyomQdsk CMA JONugl Q ihX lmRcHrHFJwtxdop h KpFFh EEPHskGrj ckwgHDCJ CSMhfE AAlYyyLJJVSyqYpFlkyqZRMkAi WM LSOQgKjeBABw nMJfXckc OK MSPYoJITBMJjy EgYRYVTkBAJQpzejDilWQPpATN oyCYOdHMinZGsMDThXkQhkFYuZC D t tIG huBjJOwc lP VCSEgwoFyc LTrhPKc a S iFDfEc pyIeSgjkKCSPCkuYgEgJ RiQEEYKTSMAEAxcMNL oHEuAjqZBIRiEeYBCCCe jHiDFMxTkIBiy ERR nBh YCyRznx l FBKGBgxO TgabCsAmZIlDasYFOtkeC vdvNiNyf Wd bNeIIjjoljj o a E hwqxAOEhKCP eTwIdREGNVxBO A PqBCjD BauYJOOkOS NeRTr lUrVT GAvLLgyOO jmth... Read more

A:Trouble updating iTunes..please help!!

sorry..somehow screwed up inserting this image

http://www.vistax64.com/software/300759-trouble-updating-itunes-please-help.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Was updating iTunes this morning and got the BSOD. The system recovered OK but I would like to know why it happened.

A:BSOD while updating iTunes

here is the zip file if I did it correct...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/149514-bsod-while-updating-itunes.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey Guys,

I use iTunes because I have an ipod touch, iTunes wants me to update it before i will sync my ipod touch. It won't update it tells me to download only the update threw the software, I've done a google search and no one that posted a fix had one that worked, i've have this issue before and i tried to uninstall and reinstall itune and nothing worked. I am hoping some one hear will know how to fix it.
Thanks
RitualJman

A:iTunes Updating Issue

What version do you have and what version does it say is available?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/225968-itunes-updating-issue.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I downloaded an update for iTunes for Windows 7 but it will not install. See attachment. I am using Windows 7 on a Samsung laptop. Can anyone help please?

Relevancy 54.18%

I have never had problems updating itunes until recently when I was trying to install the newest version. I had a long conversation with Apple and I was ultimately told this was a microsoft problem. When I attempt to update, I get the C:\program files\common files\apple\mobile devices\support\etc\zoneinfo\america\argentina\rio_gallegos. I am also told to "verify you have access to that(above) directory.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/updating-itunes-problems-319522.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello, 

One day not too long ago, one laptop started up on me. On bootup, I got an error message that says " 

error accessing the system registry", followed by another error, " unexpected error; quitting". I went to 

your website, downloaded several virus removal tools, and cleaned the infection, but the error still 

happens. Today, I noticed that my desktop does the same thing. I ran RKill and Emsisoft's program, and it 

is still running. So far, I have 2 objects detected:

*Trace.File.Application.AppInstall(A)*, located in Users\<username>\AppData\Local\<filename>

and

*Trace.Registry.Application.AdReg(A)*, located in the registry as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINES\SOFTWARE\CLASSES

\WOW6432NODE\CLSID\{DE9028D0-5FFA-4E69-94E3-89EE8741F468}

I am sure that I can clean the virus, but how do I get these annoying errors to stop? Can I get registry access back up on bootup for both computers? Please let me know. 

A:Bootup error: Error accessing the system registry due to virus

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please po... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535005/bootup-error-error-accessing-the-system-registry-due-to-virus/
Relevancy 53.32%

So I got an itouch for Christmas and I love it! The only thing is I cannot put music on it because I need to update my itunes. When I try to update it, it refusing because I have the wrong version of quicktime. I've try to uninstall quicktime and I cannot get it off! I've used Revo Uninstaller Pro and that still didn't work. My OS is windows vista. I would love it if someone could help me out here, I have been working on this for about a week.

Thanks!

A:Updating Itunes, Uninstalling Quicktime, please help!

I am no pro, but I have had to uninstall itunes many times for various reasons. I use a program called Crap Cleaner for program removal. It has a handy little uninstaller that I have found to be more useful than the Add/Remove feature of Windows. You can get CC by simply googling "Crap Cleaner File Hippo". Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updating-itunes-uninstalling-quicktime-please-help.890617/
Relevancy 53.32%

okay so I'm using a really old version of iTunes. A while ago (years ago) I accidentially deleted the Bonjour software (or so I thought). Now I'm trying to download a video and I'm unable to because I don't have the most recent version of iTunes. I tried to update it and I was able to update QuickTime, but not iTunes because I get this message: "The older version of Bonjour cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group." I tried to install just Bonjour, thinking it may be because I had deleted it accidentially, but I came up against the exactly same problem. I've searched on other forums and couldn't find a problem just like mine. I'd love it if you could help me. I really want to get some new music, etc. I haven't been able to get anything new in forever. =)

A:having toruble updating iTunes and Bonjour. HELP!!

You will be able to delete all in safe mode, then reinstall.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-toruble-updating-itunes-and-bonjour-help.941846/
Relevancy 53.32%

When I update Itunes from VS 9 I lose my WiFi and I can only get it back by doing a RESTORE to a time before the update. Is there a solution ??

A:lost Wifi if updating Itunes

reinstall wifi driver could sovle this problem, make sure it is the latest and for your OS (windows 7 in your case)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-wifi-if-updating-itunes-520564.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Have had ituns for 2 years now they never could update my kids i mean. so I tried after buying new grad gift ipod I guess you need new version to put songs onto. anyway we try too and get message run ISScipt.msi or conact someone any help would be great I update other programs with no problems I did google it and down loaded isscipt.msi but no help. running xp all updates are done thanks

Relevancy 52.89%

About a week ago I updated iTunes to iTunes Ever since my computer has been acting up At first it was just that iTunes would no longer load So I uninstalled it re downloaded the file and then tried again same problem Then not only was my iTunes not working but my internet would not connect Though my iPod would pick up wifi flawlessly and the diagnose and repair been 10.2.2.12 computer iTunes my erractically. After updating to acting has feature reported that there was nothing wrong with my internet After updating to iTunes 10.2.2.12 my computer has been acting erractically. connection After updating to iTunes 10.2.2.12 my computer has been acting erractically. I have now uninstalled iTunes but am still having problems I have ran After updating to iTunes 10.2.2.12 my computer has been acting erractically. my anti-virus windows defender and pc pitstop and no problems have been detected Also my computer has struggled to shut down properly when I go to restart or shut down Sometimes it brings up the blue screen However everything works fine in Safe mode including iTunes when I still had it on my computer I would like to redownload iTunes but everything seems to be worse when it is on my computer In searching for answers I found a post where an administrator asked the person they were helping to download Trend Micro HijackThis for a report which led me here So I will go ahead and post the results of that test Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Care VAIOCareService exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C Program Files Charter Security Suite Common FSM EXE C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files PCPitstop PC MaticRT PCMaticRT exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media plus VMpTtray exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WD Drive Manager WDDMStatus exe C Users Peavy Family AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Care VCsystray exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Charter Security Suite FSGUI fscuif exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople f R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www sony com vaiopeople f R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople f R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO vShare Plugin - C - BB- -AF E- FAEDACF - C Program Files vShare vshare toolbar dll ... Read more

A:After updating to iTunes 10.2.2.12 my computer has been acting erractically.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Please take note:If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/395158/after-updating-to-itunes-102212-my-computer-has-been-acting-erractically/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello, you guys!!! My laptop won't start after updating itunes. It sort of told me to restart my laptop after and when I did, it automatically shuts down. like literally shut down. When I turned it on, the screen just stays blank and nothing happens, it does that for about a few seconds and automatically shuts down again. I tried clicking F8 or F11 or F12 on every reboot but still nothing happens. I'm afraid to do anything else. I don't have a recovery disk or any of the sort because when I bought it, my laptop has a build-in recovery program inside or something. I really don't know what do. Please please help.

A:Vista laptop won't start after updating itunes

Welcome
Give this a try

If you create a recovery DVD, you may be able to boot to recovery options
Create Recovery DVD.
Hard Disc Controller must be set to IDE in BIOS and Bios must be set to boot from the CD Boot Priority - Change

The Vista recovery disk is used to boot Vista when it won't boot - to run Startup Repair, System Restore, access a Command Line, Recover using a Vista Backup Image, etc.
System Recovery Options. Choose an option tht will not cause you to lose your stuff.

If Vista will not start now, boot the Recovery CD to run Startup Repair which automates System Restore as well as numerous other tests including System File Checker which can repair system files which are not corrupted beyond repair.

If Vista still will not start, try booting into Safe Mode to run sfc /scannow to repair System files.
Special Thanks Given to Seven Forums.

Below is a bulletin distributed by MS to explain the start up procedure when Windows will not boot.
Startup Repair. Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files, that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair is located on the System Recovery Options menu, which is on the Windows Vista installation disc. If your computer has preinstalled recovery options, it might also be stored on your computer's hard disk. For more information, see Startup Repair: frequently asked questions and What are the system recovery options in Windows Vista? If your computer does not include Startup Repair, your computer manufacturer might have customized or replaced the tool. Check the information that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website.Change restart settings in safe mode. If your computer is stuck in a loop where Windows fails, attempts to restart, and then fails again repeatedly, restart your computer in safe mode and select the Disable automatic restart on system failure checkbox. For more information, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).Reinstall. If no other options have solved the problem, and you are sure that your computer's hardware is functioning normally, you might need to reinstall Windows. A custom (clean) installation of Windows will permanently delete all of the files on your computer and reinstall Windows, so only use this option if all other recovery options have been unsuccessful. After the installation, you will need to reinstall your programs and restore your files from backup copies. For more information, see Installing and reinstalling Windows**.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297248-vista-laptop-wont-start-after-updating-itunes.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi.  I've been unable to update my MacAfee software for some time.  I also cannot connect to the itunes store on this computer.  All other aspects of the internet are working fine, but something is blocking updates and access.

Please help.

Thanks

A:MacAfee and Itunes not updating or connecting to internet

Hello SJ Let's get a quick look  Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 1Link 2Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.Do not reboot the computer, you will need to run the application again.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.Reboot now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512865/macafee-and-itunes-not-updating-or-connecting-to-internet/
Relevancy 52.46%

hello i have multiple errors on my pc what can i do to fix these problems ill name them off and if you know how to solve any of them please tell me p s i am the admin help! virus? error? registry please on my pc BTW i cannot use windows messenger my network sharing center connection is unkown and is access denied i cannot send a file virus? registry error? please help! to the recycle bin i cannot create a new folder i keep getting application error exactly like this Exeption EOLeSysError in module rtl bpl at F F Access is denied ClassID FCA D -BF D- -AD -E AF C A i have done the one-click maintenance with tune up utilities and all is well i also get a error every so often that pops up and says quot Tune up utilities one-click maintenance has stopped working quot and quot Tune up utilities system status check quot virus? registry error? please help! has stopped working internet explorer mozilla and chrome s fllash will crash alot i have scanned with windows defender clean i also scanned with avast and all avast found was my cracking tools a patch and virus which i deleted pc still has problems what do i do p p s im using vista x home premium

A:virus? registry error? please help!

Use of cracking tools and possibly use of pirated software could be the cause of all your issues. I would highly recommend you remove all the cracking tools all the pirated software and buy legit stuff.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306809/virus-registry-error-please-help/
Relevancy 52.46%

hello all i Registry virus error am in great need of your assistance A few weeks ago my son was messing around on my computer and download some xbox code generator which later on we would find out was a virus It first caught my attention when i noticed that the normal windows xp welcome screen was replaced to the old classic sign in screen next my PC was constantly hit with a TON of runtime errors like Drive not ready in which it also won t recognize any cds in the the drive Microsoft visual C and something called microsoft script host i am computer illiterate so this is like alien talk to me LOL It also will not Registry error virus let me remove uninstall any programs I had no real Registry error virus protection on Registry error virus my computer besides the firewall up i never really got around to getting the right one so kinda of expected something like this to happen but i was woundering if there is any kind of antvirus protection that will help solve this issue I dont want to do a full restore because i have to much work that would take weeks to backup and restore or buy a new computer and try to put my stuff on that So that why i have not gone that route but if anyone has a clue to help me solve this issue i would greatly appreciate it thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I ve had itunes for several years now but just recently i ve experienced a major problem About weeks ago it all began At random points in the day when I m just or Library Malware file other (-1450) virus? error possible unknown Itunes doing my regular computer business and listening to some songs in itunes a message pops up in itunes stating quot The itunes Library file cannot be saved An unknown error occured - quot This error causes you to lose a random number of songs from you Itunes Library file unknown error (-1450) possible Malware or other virus? library but thankfully they remain on the hardrive After the message appears i have no choice really but to close itunes because after I click ok to the unknown error message it just keeps staying basically so I have to exit I click to open itunes again and a Itunes Library file unknown error (-1450) possible Malware or other virus? box appears stating something along the lines of quot importing itunes library xml quot with a green loading bar at the bottom of the message After it s done it states the following quot The file itunes Library does not appear to be a valid itunes library file Itunes has attempted to recover you itunes library and renamed this file to quot itunes Library Damaged itl quot After I click itunes a second time the actual program opens and usually more than or of my library is gone Just randomly picked songs remain and I have songs as a whole This message appears at random points in the day has popped up about times over the course of weeks I ve tried a couple suggestions from someone on the itunes discussion forums and actual itunes phone support Phone support told me just to uninstall itunes and reinstall it and that should prevent the error message from appearing It didn t On the Itunes disscusion forum I had what seemed to me be a very knowledgable user say to me that many people have had this same problem It s caused when anti-virus software scans the itunes folders Exclude itunes from being scanned and that should do it So I completely erased itunes from my system again and reinstalled it about a week later when came out Right away after it was installed I went to both of my anti-virus scanners Norton and SuperAntiSpyware and excluded what I m pretty sure was all the existing itunes folders That is what seemed to fix it because itunes was working flawlessely for days straight then yesterday it just randomly happened again I was just completely devastated all over again I am running out of ideas Back to the rd bolded messge in my post When I go to the quot My Music quot folder and go to the itunes folder there is the folder Damaged itl After this message keeps appearing and you go through the same process the quot Damaged quot folders become numbered Example Itunes Library Damaged itl itl itl and so on I usually can have itunes running for a couple days without out the error message popping up but not any longer than that and then it just rerases my songs all over again I am just at my wits end It is horrible ordeal and I don t know what to do next If you have more questions don t hesitate to ask That s the main deal with my problem though Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc ... Read more

A:Itunes Library file unknown error (-1450) possible Malware or other virus?

any new ideas please, i am very desperate!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-library-file-unknown-error-1450-possible-malware-or-other-virus.650775/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all I have a quandary Monday morning I was using my PC as per updating USB ports no After login Itunes. the on work screen. usual and updated iTunes and icloud - darn apple and their updates restarted the PC and when it came back to the login screen my mouse no longer physically lit up nor would the cursor move Luckily I was heading to work so I shut the PC down and went my merry way After a good ten hours I got home turned the PC on fully expecting the problem to be resolved Sadly it wasn't I can After updating Itunes. no USB ports work on the login screen. not make the cursor move on the login screen It's now Wednesday afternoon I've tried a wired mouse two wireless mice a wired keyboard and a wireless keyboard I can get to the bios commands but F doesn't give me any repair option it just loads to the windows login screen wherein I can't do anything else I've been scrolling google for similar issues a lot of people refer to system restore but isn't that only available once you are in windows If anyone has any advice I would love to hear from you I am stumped

A:After updating Itunes. no USB ports work on the login screen.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kanoshiiva

I've been scrolling google for similar issues, a lot of people refer to system restore but isn't that only available once you are in windows?

You can do a system restore from a bootable Windows CD/DVD, see this tutorial:
System Recovery Options

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398658-after-updating-itunes-no-usb-ports-work-login-screen.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I am recieving error messages when I try to update my system I am also unable to successfully download Itunes as I recieve error message "error occurred during installation of assembly policy 8.0.microsoft.vc80.CRT, version 8.0.50727.403 type win 32 policy public key token=1fc8b3b901e18e3bprocess architecture=x86 Quicktime installs OK, but Itunes install is interruped -- Apple Support install portion is rolled back after this error pops up. I went thru suggested Apple troubleshooting options, got same error. Ran install as administrator from desktop, also did not work. Tried installing both thru apple software updater and directly from Apple website, Has anyone exp these issues? I have windows vista home premium

A:Problems updating windows vista and downloading Itunes

Hi,

Install the Visual C++ redist 2005, then VC++ redist 2005 SP1, then VC++ redist 2008, then VC++ redist 2008 SP1. Only restart PC after last one has finished and do them in order, one at a time. This will take quite a long time, let them finish. Then run windows update and select everything, in particular the updates for the VC++ redists (mainly security updates) and restart your PC again. Tell us if anything here fails and any error messages you get. Are any of your applications getting side by side configuration errors? Then try your program install again. Hopefully it will now work. Tell us what happens. Will try and post links later as this post sent off iPhone.

Hope this helps, though you may have already done this.

Richard

P.S. You could try sfc /scannow though I really doubt it will help.

EDIT:

Here are the web addresses in the correct order:

32 bit:
Download details: Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)

Download details: Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Download details: Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

Download details: Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
64 bit:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=ba9257ca-337f-4b40-8c14-157cfdffee4e

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/265230-problems-updating-windows-vista-downloading-itunes.html
Relevancy 52.03%

On Saturday my Internet Explorer Menu Bar changed color to black and the Task Bar also changed from blue to gray I was able to change this back by going to Control Panel gt Display and change the theme to something different and then back to what it should be Also Windows XP theme was not listed until I rebooted the PC On Sunday I had the Virus Registry Error Message following message quot Generic Host Process Win Services ecountered a Registry Error Message Virus problem and needs to be closed quot When I launch IE another window opened informing me that there was a quot Registry Error Registry Error Message Virus quot and I need to download a cleaner listed on the web My AVG Registry Error Message Virus Antivirus found no errors and Malwarebyte Anti-Malware found no errors I am running Windows XP SP When I tried to submit this information from that PC to this website I would get a page that stated that webpage could not be displayed and I and to submit this from my work PC Thanks for your help in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Adobe Elements Organizer PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system lvhidsvc exe C Program Files Norton Ghost Agent VProSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgam exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files TVR RecSche exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Norton Ghost Agent GhostTray exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client concentr exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client wfcrun exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Traysoft PhoneTray PhoneTray exe C Program Files Globe Software StatBar StatBar exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System vssvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents Alan s Files Alan s Install Apps HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Progr... Read more

A:Registry Error Message Virus

bump... after 3 days since original post.

Since my initial post...

Avg Anitvirus found and removed the infections:
lsp4d.dll
upd32.exe

Malwarebytes found and removed the infections:
setup.exe
a.exe
setup.exe

But the problems listed in my first post still exist.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/registry-error-message-virus.958418/
Relevancy 52.03%

so recently, i just changed my user account name on my windows box at home and i wasnt able to access it through remote desktop anymore
turns out remote desktop uses the very first name the account was assigned
is there a way to update my computer so that remote desktop has the new user name and password as the credentials requireD?

A:updating registry

You should be able to change the credentials that remote desktop is using by selecting Options on the main dialog when you start RD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/updating-registry-574952.html
Relevancy 51.6%

When I click on the desktop icon form MS PAINT, I get this message:

"Failed to update system registry.Please try using REGEDIT"

I really don't know how to proceed, or should I? Please advise.

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a compaq Presario with Vista. When I try to burn a CD on itunes I get a warning note. "the registry settings used by itunes for importing and burning CDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other cd burning software. Please reinstall itunes". I have not install new software but an HP tech did some work on my PC and may have activated other software. How can I get it back to itunes? HP nor Apple have been of any help.

A:Registry Itunes help

hi reinstall itunes, this will reset all registry keys/replace them all.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/registry-itunes-help-421214.html
Relevancy 50.74%

if i have no virus and i use chkdsk /f c: regularly then why am i getting the following error when i open windows xp sp3 inbuilt onscreen utility osk.exe Entery point not found The procedure entry point _except_handler3 could not be located in the dynamics link library vmsvcrt.dll. any help would be highly appreciated.plz Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2 OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1700+, x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2 Processor Count: 1 RAM: 375 Mb Graphics Card: S3 Graphics ProSavage 8A26 (Microsoft Corporation), 8 Mb Hard Drives: C: Total - 76308 MB, Free - 57897 MB; Motherboard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD, MS-6340(VT8363) Antivirus: avast! Internet Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-screen-keyboard-windows-error-registry-virus-help.1067425/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello When I start up my computer and as the Desktop comes up I get error messages One has a yellow exclamation point that says Error accessing the registry followed by an error message with a red X that says unexpected error quitting I reached out to one of your techs named Broni and after several tricks we couldn't resolve the Error OS virus the due accessing system registry startup to during issue Here is Error accessing the system registry during OS startup due to virus the link Error accessing the system registry during OS startup due to virus to the original posting http www bleepingcomputer com forums t bootup-error-error-accessing-the-system-registry-due-to-virus view getnewpost I want to mention that in the original post the file name that the TraceApp was located to seemed to be in a program called Best Buy PC App I thought that I deleted that file eons ago and it does not appear in the program list in Uninstall Programs As instructed below is a posting of the text files named DDS txt and attach txt from the DDS Error accessing the system registry during OS startup due to virus tool recommended by Broni wait the instructions say to upload the attach txt file I will also do so now DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Tina at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A Running Processes c PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCService exe C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Emsisoft Anti-Malware a service exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x ASUS AXSP atkexComSvc exe C Program Files x ASUS AAHM aaHMSvc exe C Program Files x ASUS AsSysCtrlService AsSysCtrlService exe C Program Files x ASUS AsusFanControlService AsusFanControlService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows SysWOW AsHookDevice exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit mbae-svc exe C windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System WUDFHost exe C windows system taskhost exe C windows system taskeng exe C windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II AsRoutineController exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Instant On AsInstantOn exe C windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCTray exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Manager AsShellApplication exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II EPU EPUHe... Read more

A:Error accessing the system registry during OS startup due to virus

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop For 32bit system or For 64bit system Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+=======Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537298/error-accessing-the-system-registry-during-os-startup-due-to-virus/
Relevancy 50.74%

hello!

My question is two-fold...

First, I have been using Microsoft Photodraw for quite some time now and I just love it! However, I haven't used it in about 3 weeks and when I tried to open the program, all it says is, "unable to start the application." I have the CD but when I tried to re-install it, i get the message: "setup has encountered a problem updating your system registry." I uninstalled photodraw and re-installed it but i still get the same massage. I even tried disabling the "auto protect" feature of my anti-virus software. Can anyone help me please?

Secondly, is there any other program out there that's as user-friendly as Photodraw 2000? I have Photoshop 7 and Adobe Illustrator. They are so much more complicated to use. So I am looking for the counterpart of photodraw.

I would be eternally grateful for any advice anyone can give me!

enjel

A:Help please! Problem Updating System Registry

Hiya and welcome

Which version of Windows are you running? Also, when the error comes up about the Registry, is there an error number as well?

If you're on XP, are you logging in as the Admin?

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-problem-updating-system-registry.296865/
Relevancy 50.74%

Everytime I try to use iTunes on Vista, I get an error message stating "iTunes has stopped working, Windows is looking for a solution to the problem". I have tried to reinstall iTunes and Quicktime but this did not work. Any suggestions for how I can fix iTunes?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/itunes-error-message-itunes-has-stopped-working-539733.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I had problems with iTunes not finding music files after I moved them So rather than telling iTunes where the new location of over files were I registry from Clearing iTunes uninstalled it and then reinstalled it hoping that it would then pick up the new file locations when it Clearing iTunes from registry imported the music Imagine my surprise when it reinstalled with the old file locations and did not go through the importing of all of the files So I uninstalled it again and then looked through the registry and much to my surprise found several references to iTunes This is probably why it picked up on the old file locations and did not import files like it would on it's initial install At least this is my working theory How can I clear my system so I can do a fresh install and have iTunes import files like it should on it's initial install Do I need to clear my registry of all references to iTunes and how would I do this Is there a registry cleaner such as Regedit that I can use that would remove all references to a program no longer installed on my system I've used Regedit in the past with older OS's with good results but the last time I looked it didn't list Windows as being compatible so I'm a little leery about using it

A:Clearing iTunes from registry

Hey SmokingMan,

Download ccleaner and run this software using its registry scanner. You can also use the normal cleaning mode and it will speed your computer up a ton. Ultra useful.

Let us know,
Ben

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/72180-clearing-itunes-registry.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am using Windows 7 x64, and my iTunes installation has been corrupted. It was working OK, but now I can longer use the program. Every time I try to run it, I get the following message:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4946/errordl.jpg

I tried to uninstall iTunes, but I get the exact same message. So, I'm stuck. I can't run the program, and I cannot uninstall the program. I went into regedit to try to change the permissions, but I get a message that indicates I cannot do that. It's like the registry entry is locked, and I can't do anything with it.

Here is a similar post in this forum, but it looks like it was never resolved:

Itunes registry problem install

Any help would be appreciated.

A:iTunes - Cannot Access Registry Key

OK, lets start simple:

Try to restore to a point when iTunes was working

IF that doesn't work

Start> Type Regedit in the search box> Right click on regedit.exe in the results and choose Run As Administrator

When regedit opens navigate to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER32\AppEvents\EventLabels\iTunes_Complete

Right click the key and choose Permissions

Click on the Advanced button> Owner tab

The current owner will be listed there

If the current owner isn't you or Administrators> Under Change owner to: select your account name> Select the box Replace Owner on subcontainers and objects

If your name is not listed then select Administrators

Click Apply> OK your way out

Select Permissions and select your name or Administrators> If you don't have full control select Edit> Give yourself full control

Ok your way out

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/90171-itunes-cannot-access-registry-key.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Help, I have a HP Pavilion dv6. It has Windows Vista Home Premium. When I opened iTunes it came up with Warning Registry problem something like that.
I want it to go back to normal, please help me !

A:iTunes Registry Problem

I have tried Gear software, it was reccommened and it still didn't work and I have reinstalled itunes and still nothing, but when I play a cd it works and stuff but the warning thing pops up !

http://www.vistax64.com/software/247116-itunes-registry-problem.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently reinstalled windows onto partition c: which has limited space (12gb) on partition d: are documents and e: are programs that i installed before i reinstalled windows.

Just wondering if its possible to update my registry with programs that I have on e: or do I have to manually reinstall each one to update my registry?

Realised it might be a problem in the future as windows cannot detect the version of each individual installed programs, so brings about problems of updating them.

Any help ?

A:Updating windows registry without installing programs

Unfortunately when the system was reinstalled the registry would have been cleared and there will be alot of keys and data that will be missing for the programs to run. The only option is to reinstall the programs Im afraid.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updating-windows-registry-without-installing-programs.49727/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am attempting to install the Dev edition of Windows 8 for testing with multiple monitors. I have it installed on 2 test boxes and 2 laptops but on the higher powered system the install stops at Setup is updating registry settings. The only major difference on the box is that it does have dual nVidia 8800GT video cards. Has anyone else installed Windows 8 on a system with dual video cards?

A:Install stalled at Updating Registry Settings

Yeah, I have those video cards. It worked fine for me to install it, but I can't do more than 2 monitors. If I add a third it has issues. Specifically IE displays as all black on the 3rd monitor.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/2617-install-stalled-updating-registry-settings.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I run ccleaner registry fix and now my Itunes doesn't work properly, I did everything I red in the forums, and still gives me the "iTunes was unable to load data class information from Sync Services' and freeze up on edit preference, have to close it through the task manager. I have Windows 7 64 bit. I need help

Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Dell Dimension 8250 running windows xp. After some issues with my drives, resolved here by replacing the internal battery, when I open iTunes, I get a message "The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning cd's and dvd's are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall iTunes."

So I did. Same problem. I tried a registry cleaner. Reinstalled again after that. Any suggestions on my next attempt?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-burning-registry-issues.870855/
Relevancy 49.88%

Folks, I'm trying to update iTunes, and I just realized that my program is messed up, probably because of some registry cleaner I've used...

I can't repair, uninstall or even reinstall it.

It always shows these errors:

Then this one:

Then it says it didn't alter the system, and doesn't install.

I don't want to format my PC because of this...

I've tried installing/repairing/uninstalling in safe mode, and my account has administrator privileges, and I've tried the "Run as admin" option, no luck. I tried a system restore too, but no luck as the latest restore point is from 6 days ago.

So, do you guys have any idea of how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

A:Problem with iTunes (Windows registry)

There following quote is a solution posted in the below thread. Give it a try.
problem with iTunes install - Microsoft Answers

Quote:
I had the exact same problem and error message as you guys but fixed it just now. I am not an expert or even trained in any way. I just worked it through until I got everything to install. If you try this, please backup your registry first.

Anyway, here's what I did.

First I toally uninstalled iTunes, Quicktime, Apple Software updater, ____-anything with Apple in the name.

I opened regedit using "run as administrator".

I then went to the registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\DA42BC89BF25F5BD0AF18C3B9B1A1EE8\108B43C0CEA676640B35306AE7D24051

...and selected the folder DA42BC89BF25F5BD0AF18C3B9B1A1EE8

Right click & choose permissions
click advanced, and then the owner tab
type "administrators" in current owners field and check th box to replace the owner on subcontainer and volumes

(Note: I did this because I had another key with permission issues after I fixed the original onelisted above)

Apply settings and then click permissions tab. Once again, add "administrators" to the list of permission entries, then click edit and check all permission boxes. Also click the 2 bottom boxes concerning the inheritable permissions.

Click OK

Now back on the main permissions tab, choose administrators in the group or user name window and then check full control and read checkboxes. Click OK.

Back in the main regedit window, you should now see keys in the right pane for each subfolder in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\DA42BC89BF25F5BD0AF18C3B9B1A1EE8

On the menu bar click file > exit

I downloaded and installed the new combined iTunes9 and Quicktime from apple.

Everything worked fine. I hope this helps.

-J

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/191884-problem-itunes-windows-registry.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My operating system Everytime I connect settings iTunes registry - missing my iPhone to my PC or click onto iTunes I get this message I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes twice and the same message appears so I called iPhone Customer Services and they connected me to Apple and said its something that Apple can only help me with I wasnt iTunes - registry settings missing able to download the new software until yesterday but the operator stayed on the phone with me for just over an hour It was a really long process but this is what I was told iTunes - registry settings missing to do Control Panel gt iTunes - registry settings missing Add or Remove Programs gt uninstall -Apple Mobile Device Support -Apple Software Update -iTunes -QuickTime My Computer gt C Drive gt Program Files gt look for any iTunes related folders and delete Restart computer the iTunes setup icon was on my desktop so I moved it to the recycle bin Download iTunes from Apple website After installing I connected my iPhone to my PC and the same message is still appearing The phone cut off because the new software updated my iPhone and it had to restart so now I dont know what to do nbsp

A:iTunes - registry settings missing

WOW... I usually get a quicker response......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-registry-settings-missing.836951/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am trying to upgrade itunes with quick time for an ipod touch. i keep getting registry errors. the latest one is -
could not open key HKEY_CURRENT_USER
software\microsoft\internet explorer\media\mime types
make sure you have sufficient access to this key

I have searched on line for help and have tried to adjust permission in the registry but it doesn't seam to help.

any suggestions?

JB

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/itunes-registry-trouble-for-xp-home-427676.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Recently i deleted the upper and lower filters to try and get my CD drive to work and now i get an error message every time i open iTunes saying that registry settings for importing files are missing. I've tried re-installing iTunes with no success, is there any way to get the upper and lower filters back?

Thanks

P.S. I'm not sure this is the right category for this, please move it if i've got it wrong

Relevancy 49.88%

iTunes v had been working perfectly on win bought a new phone the software tried to install amd failed loads of error messages wrong drivers long story short gt gt they do not support win as yet Then started getting errors on i tunes no cd burning installed would not sync very slow to load apple suggestion was to uninstall and reinstall gt gt it would not reinstall tried compbatibility mode as vista sp it then installed but install Itunes registry problem with same problems googled the errors and it appwars it is down to a registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Current Version Installer User Data SO- - - Components DA BC BF F BD AF C B B A EE B C CEA B AE D the suggestion is Itunes registry problem install that the key has been hijacked and you need to take ownership back one forum had instructions Right click amp choose permissions click advanced and then the owner tab type quot administrators quot in current owners field and check the box to replace the owner on sub container and volumes Note I did this because I had another key with permission issues after I fixed the original one listed above Apply settings and then click permissions tab Once again add quot administrators quot to the list of permission entries then click edit and check all permission boxes Also click the bottom boxes concerning the inheritable permissions Click OK Now back on the main permissions tab choose administrators in the group or user name window and then check full control and read checkboxes Click OK Back in the main reedit window you should now see keys in the right pane for each subfolder in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Current Version Installer User Data SO- - - Components DA BC BF F BD AF C B B A EE machine will not let me suggestion is it is super locked can it be unlocked somehow on right hand pane it shows values as attached JPG do these values look correct Any help much appreciated slainte mhath jim

A:Itunes registry problem install

Was this ever resolved? I am having a similar problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/51061-itunes-registry-problem-install.html
Relevancy 49.88%

windows 7 64-bit. i've been installing/uninstalling itunes;when i try to open says registry setting used by the itunes drivers for importing and burning cd and dvd are missing. tried the apple route-redegit, no joy. tried the next fix to go into the C drive folders unable to find the file ads.sys. i'm really frustrated, and ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-not-launching-due-to-registry-issues.1075728/
Relevancy 49.88%

I keep getting this error quot Could not write value iTunes Helper to iTunes issue Install.. registry?? in Key Can't key SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run Verify that you have sufficient access to that key or contact your support personnel quot whenever I try to install I looked in Program Files and there is no iTunes folder I looked in msconfig and ituneshelper is running How do iTunes Key issue in registry?? Can't Install.. I reinstall iTunes with success It was working fine yesterday And when It asked me to update I did but I got iPod Service Not Found or not working the other error message I get after I hit Ignore on the one above is this iPod Service is not under services or something like that I don't get it I have tried several things iPod services not found on startup It is so Frustrating Please help me fix this I get these ERROR Messages Could Not write value Quicktime Task to Key SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run Verify you have sufficent rights to that key Could not write value iTunesHelper to key SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run Service quot iPod Service' iPod Service could not be installed Verify that you have sufficent privledges It happens with these errors when itunes or Quicktime or ANYTHING tries to write to the registry Not because of Nod or Comodo Tried iTunes Quicktime and I also tried Standalone versions of itunes and Quicktime same errors Please help me out I have looked EVERYWHERE I have tried uninstalling Deleting and any other recommendations I have no iTunes or iPod folder in my C Drive

A:iTunes Key issue in registry?? Can't Install..

So Great to see all the help Microsoft threw your way. I am having the same problem and was sure hoping the MS had given you the solution. MS chose instead to completely ignore you - so far for 7 months.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/itunes-key-issue-in-registry-cant-install-301097.html
Relevancy 49.88%

hello tech support I recently turned registry virus error system Solved: into Explorer Internet opened a trojan that started Solved: Internet Explorer virus turned into system registry error in a lot of unwanted pop ups and slowing down of my computer So i Downloaded SpyBot search and destroy I must have accidently deleted the wrong file and now when my computer Starts up i get a few errors One of them being C WINDOWS System lmllm ini is corrupt and invalid im not sure on the full path name but it was something like that another being error Solved: Internet Explorer virus turned into system registry error loading C Windows system fxmhsh ndll and the last one is Errors in system registry P- - irql if SYSVER xff NT Kernel Error KMODE Exception Not Handled Thank you in advance for all your time and help on my issue Here is my hyjackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS shicoxp exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files xInsIDE xInsIDE exe C Program Files SPACE INTERNATIONAL CDSpace LCDPlyer exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - REG system ini Shell O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run shicoxp C WINDOWS shicoxp exe O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe O - HKLM Run AcronisTimounterMonitor C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exe O - HKLM Run Acronis Scheduler Service quot C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe quot O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper e... Read more

Relevancy 49.88%

I got the BSOD while working tonight and while virus downloading registry and removal BOSD error tool client trying to find the root of the problem have narrowed the problem BOSD downloading virus removal tool and client registry error down to the Kaspersky virus removal tool free download The original BSOD wasn't caused by that program but every instance since is only the result of downloading that file Upon reboot the system said that the problem file was which corresponded with a file in Microsoft Office which I had just activated two days earlier Uninstalling and deleting the program caused the virus removal tool to give me a client registry error and then go back to the BSOD Have had no problems with any other programs including Internet Security which has been run and come up with NO threats An sfc fixed some problems but I've run it three times with no further improvement A system restore did not yield any better results I'm hoping this isn't virus or malware but the cause is really confusing me since I've removed the files that would seem to be the culprit Here's MGADT Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - - CQT-WMF J- Q C Windows Product Key Hash KaFG RmurcM ZxzWyfEP WtPUJw Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID C E C -CB A- -A - C D AD D Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt C E C -CB A- -A - C D AD D lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - Q C lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt HP Pavilion g Notebook PC lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt F lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt ACF A FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Central Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt HPQOEM lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt SLIC-MPC lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Op... Read more

A:BOSD downloading virus removal tool and client registry error

Hello and welcome sv. I run Kaspersky ISS and haven't had nay problems when using the TDSS just where did you download it from?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305202-bosd-downloading-virus-removal-tool-client-registry-error.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello when i start up my computer i get two error messages One stating that i Have errors in the system Registry P- - irql if SYSVER xff NT Kernel Error and an error with lmllm ini Here is my hijackthis Hopefully some one can help me with my problem Thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS shicoxp exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exeC System Lmllm.ini Worms And Registry Errors In Error P-07-0100 Virus: Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS mrofinu exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files xInsIDE xInsIDE exeC Program Files SPACE INTERNATIONAL CDSpace LCDPlyer exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Virus: Errors In System Registry P-07-0100 And Lmllm.ini Error Worms Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId Virus: Errors In System Registry P-07-0100 And Lmllm.ini Error Worms R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - REG system ini Shell O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run shicoxp C WINDOWS shicoxp exeO - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXEO - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exeO - HKLM Run AcronisTimounterMonitor C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exeO - HKLM Run Acronis Scheduler Service quot C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe quot O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXEO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run ec be rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system ywhipwdp dll quot bO - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files AIM aim exe quot d l... Read more

A:Virus: Errors In System Registry P-07-0100 And Lmllm.ini Error Worms

Another error message has popped up on my computer:

A potential problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown buggy application to prevent damage to your computer.
****WXYZ.SYS-Address F73120AE base at C00000, Date stamp 36b072A3
Kernel Debugger Using:COM2(Port0x28f, baudrate k2000)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131384/virus-errors-in-system-registry-p-07-0100-and-lmllmini-error-worms/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all,
I have a brand new and legal Microsoft copy of Windows Ultimate x64 installed. I am about to activate it but over the past week or so, every few days at the very first startup for the day, the OS starts and when it gets to the Windows logo with the "Starting Windows" phrase, the "Starting Windows" changes to a message informing me that the registry is being updated. The system then goes on to continue starting and runs perfectly well from there on.

My network is protected by an enterprise level security solution and no illegal or cracked software is running on any system on the network.

What are your recommendations? Perform a full reinstall or go ahead an activate?

Thanks for your suggestions.

A:A message appears sometimes at startup referring to registry updating?

I've seen that message when doing the initial install. I don't remember seeing it very often after that though. A Windows update maybe?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/269378-message-appears-sometimes-startup-referring-registry-updating.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Itunes helper error 7 reinstall Itunes Please Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC Buckeye MS C BS Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled My computer recently crashed So I needed to reinstall Itunes for my Ipod shuffle first generation and keep getting an error message Itunes helper error Reinstall Itunes I did this several times then found an article with a sequence on how to remove all apple products and reinstall I also did this several times I also paid for an answer and that did not help I love my Ipod and Itunes helper error 7 Please reinstall Itunes my Itunes I did do the Hijack this and have Itunes helper error 7 Please reinstall Itunes the logs to attach here hijack Itunes helper error 7 Please reinstall Itunes this log file txt uninstall list txt Please help it is so frustrating any help would be truly appreciated I have been working on this for weeks Angella nbsp

A:Itunes helper error 7 Please reinstall Itunes

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Since there's no need for a poll when requesting technical assistance I've removed it.

I'll list the things you tried (which were the options in the poll):

1) Tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTtunes in Windows sequence

2) Paid $ for an "expert" to answer question, did not work

3) Tried my iPpod shuffle (first generation) user guide

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-helper-error-7-please-reinstall-itunes.1012040/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys The problem started yesterday when I Itunes.msi Can't uninstall or reinstall Error!!!! itunes! tried to update itunes It got about halfway through the download and it came up with an error saying quot The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package iTunes msi in the box below quot The directories which are listed in the error box are C Users Jase AppData Local Apple Apple Software Update C ProgramData Apple Itunes.msi Error!!!! Can't uninstall or reinstall itunes! Computer Installer Cache iTunes Both which do not work SO I tried uninstalling the program Same message Tried downloading it manually and installing it same message So I followed various advice from different forums I tried to download Windows Installer Cleanup utility but it isn t available anymore and wouldn t install when I managed to find the program I tried using Revo but it has only partially removed itunes as it was interrupted with the same error message iTunes msi So I tried system restore to get back to before all this and that didn t work tried times would just return to desktop with an error I m running Windows Hope this Itunes.msi Error!!!! Can't uninstall or reinstall itunes! is enough info I m seriously stuck with this I would appreciate any help as I have NO IDEA what to do next Cheers Jason nbsp

A:Itunes.msi Error!!!! Can't uninstall or reinstall itunes!

When using Revo, are you using the "Moderate" uninstall method? It indeed will give you the same error but you should be able to continue and have Revo do its own uninstall. Make sure on the screens following you are selecting "Select All" and "Delete" and not just clicking Next.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-msi-error-cant-uninstall-or-reinstall-itunes.940519/
Relevancy 49.45%

I use Windows Vista. I am unable to burn CDs or DVDs. I Continue to have this warning message when I open Itunes...The registry settings used by the Itunes drivers for importing and burning CDs & DVDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall Itunes.
Here is what I have done or checked out...
(I have not installed other CD burning software)
(I am able to burn using Windows Media Center, so I don't think it is my hard drive.)
As per Itunes support online I have uninstalled all Itunes programs and reinstalled all, several times
As per Itunes support online I have edited the Upperfilters registry
What else can I do?
I am not a tech person and really need someone to help me out here.

Relevancy 49.02%

My DVD drive is not being recognized on my laptop for the second time. The first time I fixed it by downloading Microsoft Fixit. Then recently it stopped working again, so I found an old post on here on which there was some text to copy in notebook and then click on called "fixcd.reg". When I restarted my laptop the drive was recognized and working again. Then I tried to start iTunes and I got the message "The registry settings used by iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs and DVDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall iTunes." This happened before too and I had to reinstall and I lost everything, and even had problems reinstalling it. I had to uninstall it with Windows Install Clean Up. I don't understand why I keep having problems with the drive.

A:DVD drive not recognized, changed registry, working now, but not iTunes....

Also I'm not sure if this has anything to do with that problem but when I tried to play a DVD on Windows Media Player I get the message Wins Media Player can't play the DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is not installed on your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-not-recognized-changed-registry-working-now-but-not-itunes.985297/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi folks,

I need help again. Firefox can't display itunes protocol I always get a message "firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (itms) isn't associated with any program". I tried the about:config in my url bar and I don't have anything remotely named network.protocol-handler.external.itms.

Well, my next step was to look in the registry. When I clicked on the the Itunes registry keys I got a message stating that "itms cannot be opened. An error is preventing the key from being opened. Details. Access is denied". There's no permission for this any Itunes keys.

Please guys, I need help!
Jonathan

A:Itunes (firefox ITMS protocol and registry problems)

Quote: Originally Posted by gouletjo

Hi folks,

I need help again. Firefox can't display itunes protocol I always get a message "firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (itms) isn't associated with any program". I tried the about:config in my url bar and I don't have anything remotely named network.protocol-handler.external.itms.

Well, my next step was to look in the registry. When I clicked on the the Itunes registry keys I got a message stating that "itms cannot be opened. An error is preventing the key from being opened. Details. Access is denied". There's no permission for this any Itunes keys.

Please guys, I need help!
Jonathan

You might want to associate ITMS with itunes in cpanel> default programs>etc

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/92004-itunes-firefox-itms-protocol-registry-problems.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all and Merry Christmas,

I have been getting an error message recently when I try to enter Yahoo chats and one of my favourite game sites. The error is that my microsoft VM needs updating. I have searched for answers but am having a hard time figuring this out. I tried the MS diagnostic tool (what a mess) and it says "no vm is detected" although I still get applets from other various sites.

How do I update the VM? Java console update says my Runtime Enviroment is up to date and I have the "latest platform". Can someone give me more general knowledge of this as I find all that I've read at MS confusing?

A:Updating microsoft VM?

Java Technology Help - Yahoo! Issues

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updating-microsoft-vm.311815/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, I am new to all of this. Just got my new toshiba out of the box with windows 10 and I open microsoft edge and get hit, with what looks like a legitimate message from microsoft saying my info may be compromised error security code )x800070 and to call a number at microsoft. 
Can anyone help me? sure would apprecuate any help I could get. Is this for real? should I try to fix it myself, or just take it in to staples?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621005/microsoft-error-reports-virus-on-new-computer/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,
Since yesterday I keep receiving a prompting to install the very same updates: one is Security Update for Microsoft.Net Framework 4 on Windows XP etc (KB2656351) the other is Update for Microsoft.Net Framework 4 on XP etc (KB 2600217). I keep installing them, the Windows Update shows that each time both of them were installed successfully, but I still keep getting a prompt about the very same updates, until I lost patience and simply hided both updates from showing them to me. I also run a fix tool for Windows Update, installed again the updates and restarted the computer but to no avail. Please help!

A:Repeating updating of SU for Microsoft.Net

Check and see if the two patches are in the list of installed updates - if they are, uninstall them, then reboot twice, and then try installing them from downloaded patches, rather than WU.

Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Reliability Update 2 (KB2600217) from Official Microsoft Download Center
Download Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/292007-repeating-updating-su-microsoft-net.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I run a Windows XP home edition on Dell 3000. McAffee is my virus protection. Every time I get online I am downloading updates that appear to be for Windows. I turned off windows automatic updating, but something is still installing. Is there a virus or something that may cause this.

A:Continual Microsoft Updating

What problem are you having with Windows Update?

Use Internet Explorer for this task.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/continual-microsoft-updating.490877/
Relevancy 48.16%

as it is the automatic update does not serve its propose, so i tried manually and it gives me a message on microsofts website saying:

[Error number: 0x8DDD0003]
Network policy settings prevent you from using this website to get updates for your computer.

If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact your system administrator.
Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem yourself.

i am not shore what to do next, it would be greatly apprecated if you could help
tnks
roy

A:Trouble Updating Microsoft

I think I'd click the windows update button in the start menu, logon as a member of the admin group before you do.

That way, IE is automatically used.

If you have SP2 installed, you could also go to control panel>Automatic updates and click "notify me" since that should allow you to download updates manually.

You might need to download an active X applet to get them manually if you haven't done so in the past few months, or possibly run through their new genuine windows thing b4 you are given the green light atwindows update site.

You should do all you can to enable the manual updates, as that is the prefered method, imho.

Also, you could visit the site, copy the URL, and paste it into the "trusted sites" when you go control panel>internet options>security tab>highlight the "trusted zones" icon>press 'sites" when it blacks in from default gray. Apply and exit.

By doing these things, it will become more apparent which your problem is:
1. malware redirection -or-
2. configuration of winXP itself

post again of any difficulties or success, please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39163/trouble-updating-microsoft/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have never updated this program and have used it for years. Where do I start and can I upgrade to other Moneys?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/74534688-2c7a-4d96-a9f7-e8836391773c/updating-microsoft-money98?forum=windowssteadystate
Relevancy 48.16%

I have Windows XP and my subscriber is Comcast hence I have Norton anti-virus From time to time a yellow icon shows at the bottom of my screen along with the rest of the standard icons it is yellow with an quot quot in the middle which means that Microsoft is ready to update my computer when I log off This time I get an error message at the end of the update which says my updating Microsoft properly on not XP The following updates were not installed Microsoft Net Framework SP Security update for Windows and Windows XP KB I also wrote this down but not sure now if it Microsoft not updating properly on my XP came with the message PC safety Last year Microsoft was not updating properly on my computer because of virus so I took it to Bbuy and they fixed it for a hefty price I just ran virus scans and seemingly my computer does Microsoft not updating properly on my XP not have any threats to speak of My pop up is also turned off so I won t get any pop-ups which I don t I ve gone to MS online to report the incident but so far no one has contacted me Thank you nbsp

A:Microsoft not updating properly on my XP

Try downloading it manually from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...58-f00a-4237-bddc-492b63a18b96&displaylang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-not-updating-properly-on-my-xp.929094/
Relevancy 48.16%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes not Updates updating. Microsoft C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows System spool drivers x WrtMon exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x NewSoft Presto PageManager for EP PMSpeed exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Microsoft Updates not updating. Windows System spool drivers x WrtProc exe C Users julie AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x Epson Software Event Manager EEventManager exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Microsoft Updates not updating. Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Microsoft Updates not updating. Microsoft BingBar BingBar exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar BingApp exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files x AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files x Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Lexmark Printable Web - D C E -BE D- CC- F -E F - C Program Files Lexmark Printable Web bho dll O - BHO Bing Bar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - quot C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar BingExt dll quot file missing O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin ... Read more

A:Microsoft Updates not updating.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/418842 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418842/microsoft-updates-not-updating/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Dell Inspiron E laptop Windows XP that worked fine untill I have updated the WiFi driver Since IN after NOT stopped FOUND to working driver ADAPTER WiFi updating REGISTRY STATE new then I get exclamation mark on the device and I can t turn on the WiFi It had Intel R PRO Wireless ABG ADAPTER STATE NOT FOUND IN REGISTRY WiFi stopped working after updating to new driver and v driver but was occassionally dropping rate so I decided to update the driver to the latest Since then I got exclamation mark on the device and was unable to turn on the WiFi anymore and when opening its proerties it prompts a message quot ADAPTER STATE NOT FOUND IN REGISTRY quot and shows that device does not work properly Installation of the driver to quot found new hardware quot fails says driver quot the system cannot find the file specified quot I tried to rollback the driver but it did not help I tried to reinstall the driver but no help either Dell technician tried to repeat that and nothing changed We can see the WiFi card in the BIOS setup Dell replaced the motherboard and the WiFi card and put Intel AGN instead but it did not help I tried using WinsockXPfix that some people suggested but it did not help Pressing Fn F or any other way of enabling the WiFi radio did not work In the services msc I see Wireless Zero Configuration Status Started Startup Type Automatic Logs on As Local System Intel ProSet Wireless SSO Service Starup empty Startup Type Automatic Logs on As Local System Intel ProSet Wireless Service Management service Starup empty Startup Type Automatic Logs on As Local System Intel ProSet Wireless Registry Service Registry Starup Started Startup Type Automatic Logs on As Local System Intel ProSet Wireless Event Log Event trace messages Starup Started Startup Type Automatic Logs on As Local System In Registry HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services Ndisuio Start I tried changing it to and to reboot bu no help I tried both Dell s drivers amp Intel s latest drivers from Intel Driver Update Utility for Intel wireless adapters The BlueTooth can be enabled and disabled via Fn F biut not the WiFi Any suggestion other than reinstalling Windows XP would be appreciated Thank you SW nbsp

A:ADAPTER STATE NOT FOUND IN REGISTRY WiFi stopped working after updating to new driver

Dell replaced the motherboard and the WiFi card, and put Intel 4965AGN instead' but it did not help.Click to expand...
Sounds like their work is not finished.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adapter-state-not-found-in-registry-wifi-stopped-working-after-updating-to-new-driver.950823/
Relevancy 48.16%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system Registry Vbs And Solow Virus Before From Fixed Registry The Infected Like Clean Windows lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC Program Files Compaq Compaq Management Agents cpqalert exeC PROGRA Compaq COMPAQ CPQWEB WebDmi exeC WINNT system DWRCS EXEC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exeC WINNT System mnmsrvc exeC notes ntmulti exeC ODI Ostore bin oscmgr exeC ODI Ostore bin osserver exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC Program Files Compaq Compaq Management Agents Dmi Win bin Win sl Clean Vbs Solow Virus From Windows Registry And Fixed The Registry Like Before Infected exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC PROGRA Compaq COMPAQ cpqdmi exeC WINNT System locator exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT system DWRCST exeC PROGRA Compaq COMPAQ CHKADMIN EXEC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UdaterUI exeC Clean Vbs Solow Virus From Windows Registry And Fixed The Registry Like Before Infected WINNT system igfxpers exeC WINNT system igfxtray exeC WINNT system hkcmd exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exeC winnt myip exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXEC Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack TBMon exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC WINNT System WScript exeC Program Files Java j re bin jucheck exeC WINNT system internat exeC WINNT System svchost exeD My Documents Yak Yak exeC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework McTray exeC notes NLNOTES EXEC notes ntaskldr EXEC notes nxpcdmn EXEC PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINNT msagent AgentSvr exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office POWERPNT EXED My Documents Software dictionary dict exeC orant DISCVR DIS USR EXEC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exeD Flash Disinfector exeC WINNT system notepad exeD Flash Disinfector exeC WINNT system notepad exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Hacked by ZayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride finance ypfint jkt lt local gt O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO VS IEHlprObj Class - CAB -A EA- a - B - B D C - C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan bho dllO - BHO QUICKfind BHO Object - C DF A- E - E - AB -D F - C PROGRA TEXTware QUICKF PlugIns IEHelp dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run ChkAdmin C PROGRA Compaq COMPAQ CHKADMIN EXEO - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKeyO - HKLM Run Persistence C WINNT system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINNT system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINNT system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Smapp C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exeO - HKLM Run MyIp c winnt myip exeO - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONEO - HKLM Run Network Associates Error Reporting Service quot C Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack TBMon exe quot O - HKLM Run Intel... Read more

A:Clean Vbs Solow Virus From Windows Registry And Fixed The Registry Like Before Infected

Hi Jarakal,

If you still need help please post a fresh HijackThis log and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88217/clean-vbs-solow-virus-from-windows-registry-and-fixed-the-registry-like-before-infected/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am not the smartest tech person so please bare with my elementary questions....that's why I'm here!

I am sick of iTunes, but I have downloaded a bunch of music from them and I now want to convert everything over so that I no longer have to use this frustrating program that doesnt seem to allow me to use other multimedia devices besides my iPhone to listen to music. Best way to do this and not lose any music I purchased?

Also, even if I do stick with iTunes/iPhone, when I create a playlist on iTunes and try to transfer it over to my iPhone4, some of the songs on the playlist do not transfer over and I am left with only a select few of the songs after I disconnect. Please help with these!!

Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys just wondering how can I update my Microsoft office 2002 to 2007 or other later versions? been using this 2002 version since 2004 and it's getting kinda outdated I guess haha.

Do I have to download any service pack or do I have to buy a later version just to update it?

Replies will be appreciated. Thanks!

Relevancy 47.73%

Microsoft security essential can not update.I have attached an image of my problem with this thread

A:Microsoft Security Essential not UPDATING

What other Anti-Virus and Firewall programs have EVER been installed on this machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/292978-microsoft-security-essential-not-updating.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Does anyone know why when I do my Microsoft updates that the option in Word to Allow Starting in reading layout gets ticked when I don t want it to be When I open a Word document in Microsoft Outlook I have to open Word to change settings back so I can view with just one page on the screen I know you can go into view in Updating Microsoft Office 2003 the document and change it but opening a new document and going into options seems to stop it till the next update When I change the setting so I don t see two pages it stays that way till I update again Is there a way to stop settings changing when you do updates it s a really annoying problem as I use office programs and email a lot Also not very often but the overtype mode is activated sometimes to but not often I think I have had to turn that option off only Updating Microsoft Office 2003 about twice this year Is it something we have to put up with every time we update I use Microsoft XP Pro and Microsoft Office with all important Updating Microsoft Office 2003 updates and all service packs Thanks in advance to any that may know answers Beanie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updating-microsoft-office-2003.837826/
Relevancy 47.73%

So I started playing the daily challenges on the 7th I realized it was stuck two days ago unless I rebooted my computer. Then it does the same thing. It gets stuck on whatever day that I start playing the game. Is there some windows buttons that I can press to force the app to update or do I just need to reboot each time.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/13276-microsoft-solitaire-collection-not-updating.html
Relevancy 47.3%

an easy fix hopefully...
the error is short and annoying.

( registry editor )
registry editing has been disabled by your administrator
How do I reactivate these kinds of features from the control panel?

don't worry, I have administrative rights, Im in the proccess of removing malware and what not, and this must have been turned off at some point.
I have a number of programs already installed and it might be them.
I think I removed a registration cleaner, but I could be wrong I'll try and clean that out for sure.
thats about all know about the situation still trying to resolve other issues but they dont pertain right now, i'll probably post them in another part of the forums.

but obviously if Ive overlooked something important, please let me know and I'll do what ever is needed.
I'm new to this stuff and these forums.
thank you.

A:Solved: registry editor error: registry editing has been disabled by your administrat

Welcome to TSG!

Go here and download #275 on the right side to your desktop. Double click to run the script.

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-registry-editor-error-registry-editing-has-been-disabled-by-your-administrat.817437/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all I was reading these threads about people who have been having trouble deleting stubborn registry keys quot Error while deleting key quot Registry Can't delete a registry key delete registry (error Solution keys problematic deleting to registry key) and can't change its permissions Unfortunately they were locked so I couldn t post a reply I have tried everything previously including all this permission stuff from over here How do I remove a quot Locked quot Registry key - Mischel Internet Security Forum just wasted a lot of time Also tried regdelnull RegDelNull also tried RegASSASSIN Malwarebytes Nothing worked So guys after reading from over here Malwarebytes Forum gt RegAssassin didn't work Try these steps Step Download this http www burtonsys com Reset subinacl zip if a bit wary follow these instructions to do the same yourself manually Solving setup errors by using the SubInACL tool to repair file and registry permissions - Aaron Stebner's WebLog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs Step Then run the reset cmd within it allow it to complete may take around an hour or so NB If you do not have below file Solution to delete problematic registry keys (error deleting registry key) of spupdsvc exe then just do a normal restart and skip to step Step Reboot your computer into Safe Mode tap F at BIOS screen then after it's loaded navigate to C Windows System spupdsvc exe Step Find the file spupdsvc exe and replace the extension from Solution to delete problematic registry keys (error deleting registry key) exe to old after doing the this file should look as C Windows System spupdsvc old if you cannot rename extensions in a Windows Explorer Window click Tools gt Folder Options gt View gt Un Solution to delete problematic registry keys (error deleting registry key) check the hide known extensions the renamed file of spupdsvc old will automatically get freshly recreated upon reboot Step Then reboot your computer into normal windows mode You then should be able to delete the offending registry keys via regassasin or even via regular regedit Should work with XP Vista and Hope that helps an alternative method is posted from Registry keys that I can't delete can't take control of etc - Vista Help by Flavius PLEASE NOTE I have not tried this Downoload 'PsTools' PsTools Unpack file psexec exe and place it in C Windows System next run cmd exe with administrative previlliges right click on it as admin if you use UAC and in cmd exe type PSEXEC -S -I -D REGEDIT EXE -this command allow you run regedit exe from a SYSTEM account not from your account so remember if you want remove any key the owner of this key should be SYSTEM now and full control for him for this key also see PsTools describe

A:Solution to delete problematic registry keys (error deleting registry key)

The subinacl download is available directly from Microsoft at Download details: SubInACL (SubInACL.exe)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solution-to-delete-problematic-registry-keys-error-deleting-registry-key-547592.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I just got a Microsoft Digital Media Pro keyboard and I really like it. I tried to change the media key command to open itunes rather than my music. I browsed to itunes on the desktop and selected it, but it won't open, do I need to find it elsewhere? The rest of the functions like my documents, favorites, etc etc work great.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-keyboard-and-itunes.473592/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have two computers with Windows XP that I had to recover and can't update them anymore, I get the same message when using windows update that a member named Bruce gets, (the page cannot be found, etc..) I contacted Microsoft and they said as of 2014 they will no longer be offering updates for XP as it is considered obsolete, yet, they won't let you use their updating via windows update now, don't make sense. I think if we can get the service packs for windows xp to download manually, it may solve the issues with the other updates.. I am hoping anyways. Thanks Marilyn

Relevancy 47.3%

having problem using windows update, syncing One drive and having problems signing into programs like xbox video. internet is working but it says there is no connection and to check network connections. also look at firewall settings. ive turned the firewall off and still couldn't connect so turned it back on. also tried adjusting windows defender. help please...

running windows 8.1,
intel i7950 64bit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-issues-updating-and-signing-into-microsoft-apps.1154172/
Relevancy 46.87%

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a simple way to export my ITunes music library to my Microsoft Media Player. I want to put music on my Blackberry and the only way how that I know of is through Media Player. I dont want to burn many many disks just to rip them to Media Player so I can put it on my BlackBerry. Does anyone have any helpful hints. (I am NOT computer smart so I need laymans terms please!) Thanks for any help I can get.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-itunes-and-microsoft-media-player.139845/
Relevancy 46.87%

I believe that my laptop has a virus because of the many problems that I have faced. I ruled out the possible cause of a laptop malfunction because even after uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Security Essentials. The program would just be shut down/removed, and many other programs such as java or adobe will not update or install. There has also been problems with some FN commands involving certain buttons not responding. Also Windows Malicious Tool thing keeps popping up everytime I start up the laptop even though I had already gone through it but when I press to run it, the laptop freezes.

A:Programs Not Updating, Microsoft Security Essentials Removed

Hello and welcome.. Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking How to enter safe mode(XP/Vista)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. >>>> Download this file and doubleclick on it to run it. Allow the information to be merged with the registry.Run RKill....Download and Run RKillPlease download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next replyDo not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.>>>>Please download TDSSKiller.zip and and extract it.Run TDSSKiller.exe. Click on Change Parameters Put a check in the box of Detect TDLFS file system Click Start scan.When it is finished the utility outputs a list of detected objects with description.
The utility automatically selects an action (Cure or Delete) for malicious objects.
The utility prompts the user to select an action to apply to suspicious objects (Skip, by default). Let the options as it is and click ContinueLet reboot if needed and tell me if the tool needed a reboot.Click on Report and post the contents of the text file that will open.

Note: By default, the utility outputs the log into system disk (it is usually the disk with installed operating system, C:\) root folder. The Log have a name like: TDSSKiller.Version_Date_Time_log.txt.Next run Superantisypware (SAS): Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home UsersDouble-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the Scanning Control tab.Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.On the right, under "Complete ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455493/programs-not-updating-microsoft-security-essentials-removed/