Windows Support Forum

Puzzled Not reconnecting to internet

Q: Puzzled Not reconnecting to internet

Dell Dimension hard drive died. Replaced it and used recovery CD. Windows XP Pro is the operating system.

All has gone smoothly until reestablishing to internet. It just beeps.

We have ADSL modem which goes to the two computers via cable. Cables are plugged into bot computers.

Basement computer is working fine on internet. ONly uses LAN - and has a check mark in Automaticly Detect Settings box.

We use CITCOM for our ISP. Help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Puzzled Not reconnecting to internet

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Puzzled Not reconnecting to internet

First- have you set up a connection with the conection wizard? If not- go to Start>Control Panel>NEtwork and Internet Connections> and then click on "Set up or change your internet connection" Follow the prompts.

If still no connection:

Did the drivers install for the ethernet card? To check go to My Computer and right click on it and choose Manage. Then click on Device Manager. Look at your Network Adapters. If there is a yellow question mark there- then it may be that it did not load the drivers for it.

That is a good start to find out what is happening. Post back with results.

Andy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/puzzled-not-reconnecting-to-internet-146539.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Well as of yesterday my wireless internet connection will randomly disconect itself from it's default wireless network and then reconenct itself immediatly. Now this isn't much of a problem except for the occaisonal webpages I need to refresh, but when I try to download a file and the internet reconnects itself it can be quite annoying, same with playing online games.

I'm not quite sure why it began to do this or how to fix it, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

(sorry if this is a really stupid question)

A:Internet keeps reconnecting on it's own

Not a stupid question. Most likely problem with your wireless being intermittently disconnected is interference. Things that can cause interference would be: cordless phones, microwave ovens, other wireless networks in the area (like neighbors). Is yours the only wireless computer using your Internet connection? If not, do the others experience similar problems?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-keeps-reconnecting-on-its-own.492025/
Relevancy 55.04%

So starting yesterday my internet just decides to reconnect every 20-30 min. This is very agrovating while im trying to online game because i keep getting droppd. I called the cable internet company and they were helping until i told them i had a router, "oh, its probably the router, we cant help you, try them and thank you for calling" *click* they didnt even say anything, it was more like they were wanting a quick way out.

Either way, this problem affects multiple computers at once and is getting very annoying. If anyone can shed some light thatd b AMAZING! thank you in advance

Relevancy 55.04%

a computer running win me and sbc yahoo reconnects to the Internet about every minute tried many different things but still the Internet gets interrupted any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:reconnecting internet

Are you using SBC's dialup or DSL connexion?
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/20717/reconnecting-internet/
Relevancy 54.61%

So, I got a new internet service provider a few week ago, now I am having issues with my internet. What happens is every random minutes or so, my internet for my pc, keeps disconnecting me from the internet then a few seconds later, it connects me again. This is very annoying when I am gaming, if anyone could help me please! I want to get this problem over with. I already tried deleting my network adapter and that didn't do anything, and I also restarted my router, which didn't do anything either. I connect to my internet with an Ethernet cable (wired), this doesn't seem to be happening to the wifi and I don't notice any lights from router/modem.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

I would uninstall the ethernet/NIC driver and then reboot and reinstall same...the current installed driver may be damaged.

Have you contacted your ISP, since you seem to indicate that troubles began with the change?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620234/internet-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/
Relevancy 54.61%

Need help with reconnecting to internet after windows update Got hold to after internet Need reconnecting help with 7 windows of windows Need help with reconnecting to internet after windows 7 Ultimate bit and reformatted my windows xp media with my computer getting slower and Need help with reconnecting to internet after windows 7 slower figured Need help with reconnecting to internet after windows 7 it was time to Finlay reformat did a clean install it looks great love how it feels works and looks but i have ran in to a issue i thought i Simply forgot how to reconnect to internet so i got hold some Consumer service and we went threw every way this poor person who tryed help me could do to reconnect me but seems there is some issue with the windows that i cant reconnect to internet cant seem to evan id a IP address anyone help me was xp but now windows ulta bit router wireless-g WRT G LINKSYS plugged in directly to router not wireless if someone can help me it would mean alot cause im trying to job hunt and its hard with out internet and my bf will be attending college soon so i need this computer up and working soon i am barrowing my bf's sisters's laptop but i have to give it back casue she in college as well i barrowed it to try find away to fix this problem

A:Need help with reconnecting to internet after windows 7

are the drivers installed for the ethernet card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/58553-need-help-reconnecting-internet-after-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey there!

my internet keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting after for some reason. I am using wifi on my computer to connect to the internet and every other computer in the house uses same thing and works fine. But my computer keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting to internet for some reason. It just started a couple days ago. Sometimes it goes a couple minutes before disconnecting and sometimes it disconnects after a couple hours but it keeps doing it and is really annoying.

Is there any way I can fix this problem?

Thanks,

A:Internet keeps disconnecting and ten reconnecting

The first thing I would do is run to the manufacturer's website for your wireless device
then download and reinstall the latest version of the driver/software they have.
It's possible that alone could fix the problem.

I would also look at power options to make sure nothing related to connection is set to disable/reduce power EVER.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199807-internet-keeps-disconnecting-ten-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey guys I have this problem with my wifi internet.
It works fine for about 3 minutes, then drops a few bars in connectivity for about 20s, then fully disconnects before reconnecting in around one minutes time. This pattern keeps on repeating. The internet wifi on my phone and my girlfriend's laptop works completely fine. This started happening around 2 weeks ago and has been very frustrating. The two months before that, (when I moved into this house) there were no problems with the internet.
The internet is stable in Safe Mode with Networking, thats why I think there is something wrong/

I have scanned with malwarebytes full scan coming up with 0 results. Clean booting doesn't seem to fix it either.

I am using Windows 7.

Thanks in Advance.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Hello -
Are other people using the internet at the time that this happens ??
Has the ISP been contacted about this problem, or do you still think it may be an infection ??

Please run these few scans. Download them to desktop, and Copy and Paste all replies.
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 users may need to Right click and Run as administrator.

First -
Download Screen317 Security Check and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
* Please post the contents of that document.
Note:: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Next -
Please download MiniToolBox to desktop to run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
* List content of Hosts
* Flush DNS
* Report IE Proxy Settings
* Reset IE Proxy Settings
* Report FF Proxy Settings
* Reset FF Proxy Settings
* List last 10 Event Viewer log
* List Installed Programs
* List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)
* List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)

Please post your last Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Full scan.
Update and rescan if it was over 2 days ago.
The scan results are found by opening the program and Logs are at the top.
These will be dated, so you can check your last one.

Next -
Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
At most the tool will run for about 2 minutes.
Copy and paste that log.

NOW : * Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
* Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* Click on the Scan button (only once)
* AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
* After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
* Untick any known good programs, or post that log first if you are not sure
* Next : Click on the Clean button (only once)
* Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
* Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
* After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
* Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
* A copy of all logfiles are also saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Next -
Once you are satistied with AdwCleaner .......
Please download Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu and save it to your Desktop.
* Close all open programs and  Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus now to avoid potential conflicts.
* Double-click on JRT.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7 / 8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* The tool will open and start scanning your system.
* Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
* On completion, a log file named JRT.txt will automatically open and be saved to your Desktop.
* Copy and paste the contents of JRT.txt in your next reply.These tools will search for and remove many potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), adware, toolbars, browser hijackers, extensions, add-ons, browser helper objects (BHOs) and other junkware to include many related registry entires (values, keys)

EDIT - Is there any problem if you connect by Ethernet cable to your computer -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527583/internet-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/
Relevancy 54.61%

Like the title said i keep disconnecting and reconnecting from my internet every 5minutes i would say then reconnect in 30seconds. I am using wireless, but if i use a ethernet then i won't have any trouble.

Relevancy 54.61%

Last night I bought Mass Effect on steam This Internet disconnecting/reconnecting morning it was at Well I got annoyed at the slow download speed I was getting in steam so I decided to set the Internet disconnecting/reconnecting bandwidth settings from Mbps to Internet disconnecting/reconnecting because recently I upgraded from a to service to a Mbps service Well it actually worked I started getting download speeds anywhere from kbps to mbps But as soon as these great download speeds started my internet would disappear after anywhere from min to mins I ve never had this problem since I got this router or my new internet with their cable modem And there is no connection even to the modem so I m pretty sure it s not the router And when I normally use the internet my activity light on my modem is blinking but when I turn on my steam download it is solid So I m wondering if it has anything to do with the good download speed I m getting Does the ISP see that I m using a lot of bandwidth and shut me down Edit ok I started steam and as soon as I did the activity light went solid again- I paused the download and it went back to blinking So I went into AvP classic - which just got updated recently for multiplayer and I as soon as I started looking for a mp game to play the activity light went solid again and after playing for a couple mins I got disconnected the scoreboard still showed people but there wasn t anyone but I didn t get actually cut off I was still in game Edit If I use a speed test while it s doing the actual download or upload test the activity light stays solid but as soon as it finishes it goes back to blinking I don t understand it and I don t understand why it would happen now I haven t changed anything else edit yes another edit well this time I disconnected my router- plugged the modem directly to my laptop It did the same exact thing So it s not the router nbsp

A:Internet disconnecting/reconnecting

Check with your internet provider.....some restrict usage during peak times no matter the bandwidth you are paying to use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnecting-reconnecting.142199/
Relevancy 54.61%

So a few weeks ago we switched from Comcast Internet to Verizon FIOS disconnecting reconnecting internet New and keeps and now my internet connection has been disconnecting and reconnecting every couple of minutes I remember this happening last year and we fixed it by plugging in my IP address and DNS Server instead of having the box checked to automatically detect them This worked It s not working now I ve tried directly connecting to the modem and that s not working Also when I try and play a video file from the internet now on Windows Media it says that it s not connected to the internet and I ve been tryin to update my real player and it won t update cause it says I m not connected even though I am connected for both of them I don t know if this has anything to do with anything but I restarted my computer last night and when it rebooted a dialog box pops up saying that i m missing a file called logon I forget exactly what it said cause I freaked and just clicked ok any help would be GREATLY appreciated cause this is New internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting getting really annoying I m on a Gateway Notebook and it s running WINDOWS XP nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Oddly, in this "always connected" world, I am trying to do just the opposite. I am trying to create a quick shortcut, or method, to disable both the LAN and WiFi connections on a Windows 7 home premium computer.

Maybe there is some script, batch-file, or registry tweak that can be used. Any one have a way to accomplish this.

Thanks

A:Disconnecting & Reconnecting Internet via shortcut

go to your network connections, right cllick on adapter, create shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/391275-disconnecting-reconnecting-internet-via-shortcut.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I am having problems with my internet connection dropping every day usually around - times per keeps disconnecting/reconnecting connection My internet day Internet goes off for a second or two and it comes back Usually this wouldn't be a problem for me but I am a professional poker player and every time internet goes off I loose all my active tables in poker lobbys due to reconnect which is unacceptable and a serious problem for me I have tried this now on both Windows x as well as windows x and same problem continue to happen after freshly formatting my PC I am connected directly to my ISP modem and I have also connected another computer laptop in same way to determine if it's a My internet connection keeps disconnecting/reconnecting computer issue and this problem isn't happening on my laptop What Have I done so far -Updated latest driver changed cables disabling and replacing LAN cards disabling sleep modes -Formatted my My internet connection keeps disconnecting/reconnecting computer Went back to win from win as I thought this might be the issue but it isn't -Tried removing programs such as NOD Utorrent etc -Talked with ISP who replaced the modem and confirmed it is stable and not dropping connection My internet connection keeps disconnecting/reconnecting on their side I'm not sure what else to do and I'm out of options so hopefully some of you might help me figure out what's causing this Since the latest format yesterday I have so far installed just the programs as you can see below in my attachment keep in mind that all these programs are on my laptop as well where everything works normal except for hardware specific drivers of course

A:My internet connection keeps disconnecting/reconnecting

Check the Power Management tab of your network adapter...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/20449-my-internet-connection-keeps-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My computer at work (church office) was attacked by a computer virus last week. Of course, my antivirus software was shut down. I used the link on your site to clean up the files. I have my McAfee antivirus software back up and going. Only problem is I can't get the computer back online (hooked to the internet). We have wireless laptops on the network and they connect, but with the virus attack and then cleanup I'm thinking some of the settings changed or something. When I open IE or Firefox it gives me a message something about the Proxy Server. I would appreciate any help on how to get it back online.

Thanks so much!!

A:Reconnecting to internet after virus attack

Malware may install a proxy server, changing your browser settings and screwing up your ability to connect to sites.

With IE open...Tools/Internet Options...Connections tab.

Click LAN Settings button...clear everything and click OK. See if that helps.

If so, make the same type of check in Firefox.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340706/reconnecting-to-internet-after-virus-attack/
Relevancy 53.75%

I came in today to a down network. Everything's been fine for years. I have tried several things, and where I am at now is: I have the cable modem working, the router is working. I can get on the internet using the wireless on my laptop, and a wired cable connection on my desktop. I have connected one switch which has about 12 of its 24 ports connected to computers. I can still get on the internet. However, when I connect another switch of 24 ports, I lose all internet. I have two more switches to connect. There is obviously something wrong there. Does anyone have any idea of what I should be looking for? Or do I just have to disconnect all and reconnect one port at a time?

Thank you,
Lisa

A:Reconnecting a switch knocks out my internet

Well, I'd start by checking that switch you're connecting! Either it's bad, or perhaps you have created a loop by connecting multiple ports between two switches.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-a-switch-knocks-out-my-internet.825859/
Relevancy 53.75%

For the past 4 days my internet would disconnect and reconnect frequently. It would sometimes d/c for around 4 secs and sometimes for around 20. When this does happen, the lights on my router (linksys befsr41) would sort of freeze, and the lights on my modem would act as if i restarted the modem. I tried restarting the modem by unplugging it for 30 secs, same with the router. This happens randomly, while browsing the internet, playing an online game, using an instant messenger, in ventrillo.

I called Comcast and they said it has nothing to do with an outage within the area, but a technician is comming here on Friday.

im using windows xp

A:Internet disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

Sounds like the modem may be dying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-randomly.812810/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am having problems with my wifi connection, it has been going on for a while now, i got it fixed by a computer guy but then i had to reset my entire computer and now my internet will stay on for about a minute or two and then disconnect again and so on but after a certain period of time (2-3 hrs usually) it will stay connected until my computer gets shut down.. I am on an Acer Aspire 5315-2822 i have disconnected the "acer empowering technology" and i know that has nothing to do with the problem because it was always disconnected when my internet ran steady. There are 4 other networks in my area, if that means anything?Not to mention im using windows vista. This problem is getting extremely frustrating, so the help would be appreciated

A:wireless internet disconnecting and reconnecting

Welcome to TSG:
When you say "reset my computer",what does that mean? A re-install of the operating system ?
Perhaps interference from one of the surrounding nets.
Let's see what they look like :
Wifi test exe. Hint from Johnwill

Download and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspecto from
www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
on the problem machine. Post a screen shot of the main screen here.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button
to upload it here.

Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-disconnecting-and-reconnecting.985695/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an Asus N jq laptop running x and I ve had it couple Internet every minutes of reconnecting for several years now and for the past year or so its been having issues with the internet Before it would randomly disconnect Internet reconnecting every couple of minutes and not let me reconnect for random periods of time and lately whenever I turn on my computer after shutting it down or hibernating I have to troubleshoot the wireless in order to turn on wireless capabilities But now my internet is disconnecting every couple of minutes There are other laptops in the house and I m the Internet reconnecting every couple of minutes only one having this issue I ve updated all the wireless drivers but nothing has worked The internet Internet reconnecting every couple of minutes works perfectly fine at other places but at home there s constantly issues that occur or disappear after time Windows IP Configuration Host Name Katie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ca comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ca comcast net Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- B-D - A- F-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f ff a ae e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday March PM Lease Expires Saturday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - B- - -F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C- B-D - - -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet C troller NDIS Physical Address - B- - -F -DD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e cf a b d Pref red Link-local IPv Address fe cf a b d Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ca comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ca comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E D -E A - FCC-BCD -B DC FA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B C D-E B- FA -BDB -E C E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt nbsp

A:Internet reconnecting every couple of minutes

try google open DNS and setup on your PC - see below
although you have comcast dns set - it may be a dns issue

next post and ipconfig /all - ping tests and an xirrus screen shot when its working normally and then repeat when it disconnects

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google public DNS

Google public DNS
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Theres also a link on how to setup those DNS IP address
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/do... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-reconnecting-every-couple-of-minutes.1045503/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey All I am not very good with computers and networking etc but I will do my best to explain what is going on I have a wireless disconnecting/reconnecting connection Internet modem so my router is with the modem My internet connection will disconnect and then reconnect in - seconds every few minutes It does it on my desktop computer and it also does it on my phone with the same connection When I try to diagnose problem with windows I get a message that says something like quot Connection between access point router cable modem and internet is broken quot I Internet connection disconnecting/reconnecting also got the message an Ethernet cable is unplugged but I don t think I Internet connection disconnecting/reconnecting have one since I use a wireless modem I did a windows IP config with the internetz help and copied it here Any suggestions Thank you all in advance Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tobys-Pc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd in comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - - -AE-D -BD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd in comcast net Description Ralink RT R bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address - - -AE-D -BB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address f c d d Preferred Lease Obtained Sunday March PM Lease Expires Thursday March AM IPv Address f c d b b Preferred Temporary IPv Address f c f a cb b e Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe d b b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday March AM Lease Expires Thursday March AM Default Gateway fe ee ff fe DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C- -C - - - - B- E- -B DNS Servers feed feed NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - B- E- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd in comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd in comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd c fc bbd c f Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c fc bbd c f Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C- -C - - - - B- E- -B NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Prerequisites Windows Professional x SP No pending updates Drivers up-to-date Linksys AE wireless adapter I find that my current issue may be a tad odd because I haven't been able to find a similar issue in any search so I come to you guys in hopes that someone has heard of or experienced it before After a few minutes of use if I were to disconnect my computer from my wireless internet issue wireless to internet Reconnecting either Reconnecting to wireless internet issue by removing the usb adapter or disconnecting through the network center and attempt to reconnect immediately afterwards the network and sharing center will no longer respond to my input Clicking the internet icon on the taskbar will do nothing nor will going through the control panel and attempting to click quot connect to network quot afford any results Restarting explorer doesn't seem to fix anything and the only solution I've found is rebooting the system entirely I've fallen for the idea that my installation my be fubar but I'm hoping there's a simpler solution than that The only troubleshooting I've attempted is the sfc command which didn't find anything Any help will be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance

A:Reconnecting to wireless internet issue

Does this issue arise if left alone? If not, do you need to be able to remove the USB adapter?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/236660-reconnecting-wireless-internet-issue.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My first visit to the site and hopefully someone can be of assistance.

I'd been hit with several Trojan viruses and numerous Tracking and Adware viruses - to the point where my PC kept crashing. I rebooted using the PC manufacturers CD Recovery disc (Fujitsu Seimens) but this has meant I don't have access to the Internet home page I once had (Google).

I'm using my wife's laptop (she still has Internet access thanks to a wireless router) to seek help.

Anyone?

Sorry but I'm a PC luddite.

PS. I might add that I use Mozilla Firefox.

Relevancy 53.32%

I bought a new HP Pavilion Notebook and I connected it to the wifi I use at home Realtek PCle after Internet Problems conn... even to previously reconnecting Family Controller at first I was able to connect properly and I use the Internet without any problem when connected nbsp nbsp However whenever the computer goes on standby or when I take Problems reconnecting to Internet even after previously conn... it out of the room upon return I lose connectivity and I have problems reconnecting Normally the computer will bring this message Enter the security key Some information changed since the last time you connected We need additional information to complete the connection nbsp If I enter the password for the wifi it Problems reconnecting to Internet even after previously conn... does not connect the only Problems reconnecting to Internet even after previously conn... way I can reconnect is by resetting the router The computer only does this with the wifi at home but it is able to connect with the wifi I use elsewhere without a problem nbsp nbsp The strange thing is that all other gadgets I use at home do not have problems connecting or reconnecting to the Internet even the old HP Pavilion Notebook I was using did not give me problems nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Problems-reconnecting-to-Internet-even-after-previously/td-p/5679094
Relevancy 53.32%

My internet connection constantly disconnects but immediately reconnects in a matter of seconds. It does this this every fifteen minutes or so. Sorry to be a bother, but can anything be done about this issue?

A:Internet connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. Any way to fix this issue?

Is your internet connection wireless?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-connection-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-any-way-to-fix-this-issue-573553.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello a couple of months ago my internet Insight Broadband began to randomly disconnect and reconnect and recently it has become more frequent every - minutes I connect to my internet wirelessly through a linksys router It s not my laptop because our desktop and xbox experience the same frequent disconnects and reconnects I ve tried the dns flush with no success Ive also changed the wireless channel to to prevent any interference Also our linksys router is about years old which could be the cause but i d like to elimate all other possibilities first And finally every time i click diagnose connection I receive reconnecting? Internet connection disconnecting help! and randomly the error quot Your computer appears to be correctly configred but the device or resource DNS server is not responding And just recently our internet has become very slow youtube videos taking longer to buffer with many pauses EDIT I eliminated the possibility of my router itself being at fault as when I plugged my xbox or laptop or desktop directly into the modem the same frequent disconnects and reconnects occured Here s a copy of my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright Internet connection randomly disconnecting and reconnecting? help! c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Patrick gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Patrickscomputr Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Address -FF-AD- D- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R WiMAX Physical Address -D -DA- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N AGN Physical Address - - - -B - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday July PM Lease Expires Wednesday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -B -C - -AE- D-EC-EA-DA DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - B-F -FB- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday July PM Lease Expires Wednesday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AD D B- - D A-AA -E C D CB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AA EE- F - E -AD - B D C Media... Read more

Relevancy 53.32%

hello
i have an acer timeline as3810t (windows 7) which i bought recently
from time to time eveyday it dissconnects from the internet then reconnects

this is very annoying
please help

A:how to stop my new acer from disconnecting / reconnecting from the internet HELP!!

Post back an xirrius screen shot - see below
and then would do the following (ipconfig /all and pings - see below) when its connected OK and then repeat ALL the test and post those when reconnected again

{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-stop-my-new-acer-from-disconnecting-reconnecting-from-the-internet-help.952248/
Relevancy 52.46%

Basically, my wireless internet has been disconnecting then reconnecting on weekends up to 50+ times a day. The weekend also seems to be the time when I have 10+ wireless connections in range. Can that be the cause of it? I have tried changing my router channels but to no avail. Thank you.

A:Wireless internet disconnecting then reconnecting after 30 seconds 50+ times a day.

The weekend also seems to be the time when I have 10+ wireless connections in range. Can that be the cause of it? I have tried changing my router channels but to no avail. Thank you.Click to expand...

yes it maybe

can we see an xirrus screen shot

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-disconnecting-then-reconnecting-after-30-seconds-50-times-a-day.1027522/
Relevancy 52.46%

This has been happening lately for the past couple weeks. I would randomly disconnect from the game then reconnect after a few seconds to a few minutes. This happens every 30s-1min. I've tried restarting my modem and router and it didnt help. Any fixes?

A:I keep disconnecting and reconnecting to my internet -Windows 7 Home Premium

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Please try to reinstall your network driver.

Does this happen when using the internet browser as well?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/i-keep-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-to-my-internet-windows-7-home-premium-902706.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I apologize if this has already been posted but I couldn't find it It's an odd issue so I wasn't entirely sure how to search Here's the problem - there are to connectivity keep reconnecting and disconnecting have - internet manually issue a lot of quot new quot factors here I recently got a new internet connectivity issue - have to keep manually disconnecting and reconnecting laptop Lenovo ThinkPad with Windows and I'm still in the process of setting it up Now just today we changed internet service providers We have digital cable and I'm connecting via wireless This is what we had before but with a different provider different cable modem and different brand new Apple wireless router When it runs it runs fast However between every seconds and every five minutes approximately the internet stops working It still says quot connected quot but when I run diagnostics it says it cannot connect to the internet Then through the Lenovo Access Connections tool internet connectivity issue - have to keep manually disconnecting and reconnecting I disconnect from the network and then connect again and it works fine for another seconds to five minutes I checked the firewall and everything looked right all the relevant programs were permitted etc and I tried different browsers so it's not a browser issue Here's what the diagnostic tool says Adapter Details Adapter name b g n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter II Adapter type Wireless LAN Adapter speed Mbps Driver Firmware version N A Adapter status Enabled Connection Status Connected Disable unused cards Yes TCP IP Settings DHCP enabled Yes Append parent suffixes of the primary DNS suffix Yes Register connection's DNS suffix in registration Yes Register connection's DNS suffix in DNS registration Yes Enable LMHOSTS Lookup No NetBIOS setting quot Default quot Wireless Settings Network name SSID NetworkName Connection type Access point Wireless mode Auto Security encryption WPA -PSK AES Internet Settings IE Settings Home page Proxy settings System Information System model CTO BIOS version IET WW Operating system version Windows Access connections version Global Settings Network ------- Allow Windows users without administrator privileges to create and apply location profiles - gt No Allow the wireless LAN radio to be turned off when inactive - gt Yes Enable autodeletion of unused profiles - gt No Disable the Peer to Peer community feature - gt Yes Enable SMS feature - gt Yes Allow selection of location profiles with Fn F On Screen Display menu - gt Yes Notifications ------------- Show ThinkVantage Access Connections status icon in task tray - gt No Show wireless status icon in task tray - gt No Display the progress indicator window when a profile is being applied - gt Yes Show Access connections Gauge in task bar - gt Yes Preferences ----------- Enable sound effects - gt No Do not show balloon tips from the Access Connections system tray icon - gt Yes Do not show balloon tips from the Access connections Gauge - gt Yes Show WiMAX page as default on Main GUI - gt No Automatic location profile switching list Include Ethernet connections in automatic switching and prompt me to save Ethernet ports - gt Yes Preferred Location Of WLAN - gt No When no other connections are available connect through Wireless WAN or WiMAX - gt No Wireless priority list ---------------------- Selection Priority Location profile name Connection order Connection details ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Yes OldNetwork Ethernet saved port s Yes OldNetwork Wireless LAN SSID OldNetwork Yes NetworkName Wireless LAN SSID NetworkName I am a total computer dunce so would really appreciate any help I can't make heads or tails of it

A:internet connectivity issue - have to keep manually disconnecting and reconnecting

by chance does event viewer show anything

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-connectivity-issue-have-to-keep-manually-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-562859.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Ok so my internet connection has recently started disconnecting and reconnecting every 5 mins or so. It has never done this before and has started doing it out of the blue. It doesn't even appear to have cut out by the icon at the bottom but it does stuff like stop youtube videos from loading or when I am playing online poker or online gaming it will cut out for about 30 seconds before reconnecting again. It is quite frustrating and I am yet to have found any help anywhere online so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

A:Solved: Internet has started disconnecting and reconnecting intermittently

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-has-started-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-intermittently.1061361/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all Just registered to try and sort out this very odd issue I have instable Internet consistently connecting/disconnecting/reconnecting connection - very limited experience in this kind of thing but I have never encountered this I am visiting an English friend in Moscow She has a MacBook Pro that Internet connection instable - connecting/disconnecting/reconnecting consistently connects to her Russian Keenetic Lite router fine and dandy - other than the Internet connection instable - connecting/disconnecting/reconnecting consistently usual troubles needs a reset every now and then the connection is strong fast and stable I brought my netbook running Win XP to Russia with me I try connecting to her router but with no luck The password is very simple so I don t think it s that On automatic On automatic settings IP Subnet Gateway DNS all auto the dialogue reads thus connected and then is CONSTANTLY acquiring network address On manual using an IP near hers and the same subnet gateway settings and the same DNS as well as also trying Google public DNS the connection is made but then disconnects and reconnects very very fast It also informs me it is only connecting to the access point NOT the network as a whole - i e I presume this means it s connecting to the router but not with the internet beyond said router I can probably get inside the Russian router with some difficulty but I was wondering if this was a common issue for people - I suspect it is because her laptop works fine with it My netbook works fine with all other connections I ve ever made and has worked with other Russian wifi quite happily It happens whether she is on her laptop or not I can post as much detail as people need I d love to fix this as I m having to use her computer and she s a busy girl Thanks nbsp

A:Internet connection instable - connecting/disconnecting/reconnecting consistently

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-instable-connecting-disconnecting-reconnecting-consistently.1020770/
Relevancy 43.86%

I managed to reset my hidden Admin password on a Dell am Puzzled I Dimension E that came with preloaded WinXP Home When I did so I changed an account on to a limited one In safe mode that user no longer shows up as extant when I go I am Puzzled to user accounts though it does show up on the main screen to sign in on regular start up I d like to be able to have the flexibility to change any other options on this account before it gets deleted transfer I am Puzzled files etc What could have happened The other issue I am Puzzled is I need to block Yahoo IM or other IM services amp don t know the steps to make this happen Yahoo gives the following info blocking DNS lookups to webcs msg yahoo com and httpcs msg yahoo com by returning Users will see a disconnection error if they attempt to connect to chat Click to expand Do I need to sign in through safe mode and configure firewall settings Thanks in advance for help anyone gives Edited for clarity nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I was merrily surfing along going about my business when I suddenly discovered that my Data Partition had disappeared. It was completely gone - no trace of it in Computer or Disk Management. The system had just added it to the freespace that is adjacent to it. I keep that freespace in case I need another partition, but have not touched it in eons.

That partition is shared between my Win7 and Vista. Earlier I had worked on Vista - just running the updates for the system and AV. I wonder whether that has something to do with it. But I do that often and it never happened before.

It was no big deal to recover my data from the latest image (hail imaging), but it just puzzles me how that could happen. Can anybody provide a clue?

A:I am puzzled

I think this may be the nature of the beast with multiple OS's and partitions, I've had the problem before and after doing a Recover it has never happened again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/131691-i-am-puzzled.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i have a laptop that is running windows and it is caught in the continuous boot loop where it is telling me it is attempting please help Beyond Puzzled automatic repairs with the little wheel that spins So ill give a little info once restarting i do not get the option to enter the Bios and have been unsuccessful at putting it into safe mode it turn on directly back to this screen attempting automatic repairs So I pulled the Hare drive from my laptop and put it in my PC once in my Pc it allowed me to enter the advanced options mode once there i reset the Hard drive followed on screen instructions went threw a whole set up for windows just like it was a fresh install So windows is running fine now off the HD while in my PC i put the HD back into the laptop thinking all is well Beyond Puzzled please help and i immediately i am returned to the attempting automatic repairs screen unable to enter the bios our advanced options menu once again obviously the HD is working fine if it ran perfect on my PC what is going on with my laptop can i do anything to fix it i appreciate any help anyone can give me

A:Beyond Puzzled please help

i can also reach the bios on the laptop if that changes anything 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517418/beyond-puzzled-please-help/
Relevancy 43.86%
Q: Puzzled

I Have problem. I have two CPU's mounted on top of another, both run independentlyof each other ...Except they are both run off the same lightbox (modem) whilist One is (hard wired(hw) the other is (wireless(w) (I will be using these term within this thread.) they are both plugged into the same plug extention.
The problem is that whenever I either save or go to another site instead of (hw) hdd light flashing the (w)one that starts flashing ....Does anyone have any ideas why this may be accuring.

the (hw) configuration.- the Lower one is of a higher spec than the Upper one (ie)

(w) configuration - XP Home Edition ver2002 Sp3 AMD Duron 751 MHz 1.50GB of RAM

(hw) configuration - XP Home Edition ver2002 Sp3 AMD Athlon64 3700 MHz 2.21 GHz 1GB Ram

Lockeyp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/puzzled.914236/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi folks I can't figure out what is going on with my computer The issue is when I try to log into windows live messenger I tried to sign in and all of a sudden the sign puzzled, I'm help please in screen looked different it didn't remember my name or password anymore and when I typed it in there was a huge lag of secs or more where I would type and I'm puzzled, please help the text would show up later Anwyas I'm puzzled, please help I ran my spybot s amp D and my AVG free version I'm a for free things and nothing came up So I reset my IE and erased all cookies and history that didn't work Then I decided I would just remove MSN messenger and the whole Windows Live from control panel add and remove programs When I tried this I could remove compnents of the windows live such as the sign up however the bulk of the program Live Essentials would not When I click on change remove I get a blip of a box on the screen and that's it I'm lost I don't know what to do I can't get on my messenger and it's my way of communicating with friends back home I was going to remove windows but my cd drive has not worked for a year or so so O can't even wipe everything and start from square one I'm lost help

A:I'm puzzled, please help

Oh yes the error message i get when i try to sign in is Windows Live messenger failed to sign in because the service is temporarily unavalible, but it's been going on for a couple weeks. Oh and if this helps I can't read my emails on this particular computer. I can get into my hotmail inbox but I can't open the emails, I can still send them. But I can read it on other people's computers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/im-puzzled-please-help-393800.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have recently built a pc using a gigabyte motherboard GA- BXE and a PIII- MHz cpu To get the PIII CPU to work I had to flash the motherboard bios to the latest level with a borrowed PII CPU Now the pc works like a dream - almost Unfortunately the CPU is repotring in as a PIII instead of MHz I have checked and double checked the switches on the motherboard and these are correct for a PIII I have also tried changing them to eg a PIII but whatever the switches are set to it still thinks CPU Puzzled my by it is a PIII MHz I have looked through the bios but can t find any way of changing the multiplier etc in there I have since flashed the bios again with an even later level beta Puzzled by my CPU code thinking that perhaps it picked up the cpu details at bios flash time but no change Can anyone shed any light for me nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I m not even sure this is the proper place for this post but here it goes I built this computer about years ago but within the last months I installed a new HDD and set it up for the wife with a new HDD and a fresh install of XP pro It has been in use for several months without any problems but lately has gotten a bit possessed A reboot of this computer can take one me puzzled has this up to minutes where it used to take about seconds The strange part of this is that on boot the post screens are bright and this one has me puzzled clear but when the windows splash screen comes up it is barely visible for several minutes then it gets bright but the load bar is blank for several more minutes Once the blue trace starts to show it loading it moves mostly in short jerks over several minutes then the screen goes black for a few seconds then this one has me puzzled the welcome screen pops up and within seconds of that I have my desktop within seconds of that I can use the computer as if this one has me puzzled there where nothing wrong with it At first I thought it was a spyware problem but after running ad-aware and reg-cure the problem remained I checked to see if there where any new bios updates but found my bios was the most current I performed a start up scan with Avast and it removed a couple of low threat trojans I did notice the anti virus program would stall every now and then for short spans but the run time for a full scan did not seem too excessive I tried starting in safe mode but after loading the basic files the computer just sat there with the file list on the screen and seemed to have no intention of proceeding I also ran msconfig and shut off pretty much everything not necessary for startup I tried a system restore back to a time I was sure the problem did not exist Still no good The HDD is not fragmented at all I really don t want to remove and re-install Windows unless it s absolutely necessary I feel like I have to be missing something stupid Any help will be appreciated Thank You in advance nbsp

A:this one has me puzzled

Have you cleared out all the temporary files AND any Browser caches?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/this-one-has-me-puzzled.627966/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi guys I just built a new rig today and after a few hiccups finally got it running I want to OC the processor so I can use my ram s full Puzzled potential System specs AMD Phenom II x Thurban Black Edition Ghz ASUS M A TDEVO mobo Corsair Vengeance GB PC currently running at a default Nvidia Geforce Ti GB Gfx Azza Hurricane case mm front intake fans mm side panel intake fans mm top exhaust fans mm right side exhaust fan and mm rear exhaust CPU heatsink Rocketfish C Made by Coolermaster is the same as their Hyper X tower cooler POWER Rosewill X Xtreme series PSU A on v rail Hopefully the specs can help shed light on what I may be doing wrong After researching OC methods for this CPU mobo combo I configured the following to attempt to OC the CPU to Ghz and get the ram running as close to Mhz as possible CPU ratio AMD Turbo Core DISABLED CPU Bus Freq DRAM Freq CPU Voltage v DRAM voltage v DRAM Timing - - - I figured if this was unstable then I could simply down tune the voltages and cpu freq until I could get a stable Puzzled run But the problem is NO setting beyond stock is stable My cpu stock runs at around C idle - C full load running Fallout at max settings is the best I can do application wise So I m wondering if I maybe have a bad part somewhere or if my settings are way off entirely possible Could anyone point me in the right direction Thanks for any advice anyone can lend nbsp Puzzled

A:Puzzled

Rosewill power supplies... That's 67 amp combined on all 12 volt rails. You should pay attention to the 20 amp rating only. Spending that kind of money I would buy Corsair, Thermaltake or even Antec. A good 650 watt would be sufficient here. I'm not that familiar with AMD CPU's. Why is the turbo core disabled? My Intel i5 is running at 3.2GHz, memory 1333MHz, timings 9, 9, 9, 24

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/puzzled.169705/
Relevancy 43.86%

I may not be in the correct forum but here goes The problem concerns a desktop computer I m running wireless through a router I was previously running an older computer this same way same adapter card and both computers were setup using the same Windows XP disk The problem is that the somewhat newer computer I setup recently will not stay online I m sure I set both of them up in the exact same way but while the older Puzzled one would stay online basically indefinitely the newer one goes offline in a matter of minutes and I have to totally reboot the system If I m constantly moving about from site to site it will stay online but if I m idle for sometimes as little as the time to read a page of text it goes offline and I have to reboot I tried totally waxing the first installation of XP and reinstalling it but with the same results I m at a loss and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:Puzzled

Do you only loose the ability to browse the internet or do you loose the wireless connection all together?
Are you using Windows Zero Config or some utility that came with the card?
What is your signal strength?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/puzzled-203867.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i have a network at home of 2 compters at the moment, one is a laptop and the other is a pc, i have movies on my PC computer with a total of 202 files and i share these over my network now i open and ick movies out i would like to watch i n be problem is 202 files detected and the laptop only see 81, its weird im just not gettin it so, plese someone take this on cause its driving to haunt me the rest of my life im affraid lol, thanx to all in advanced

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-just-puzzled.1017143/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have never had this happen to me thought puzzled I'm someone might have the answer I forwarded an email from one of my email accounts to another It has an attachment I wasn t too bright and didn t put what it was on the subject line so now that I m dumping things off a very full email account I tried to open it After scanning for virus s I click quot open quot and then it asks me what program I d like to use to open it I tried several I'm puzzled like quot notepad quot and something called quot wordpad quot but it looks like a bunch of symbols I have no idea what is in this forwarded attachment to myself but I would like to know before dumping it What program can I use to get this open How can I find out what s in it Let me know if you have any ideas You can see I m a newbee at this particular task Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

All of a sudden this has one puzzled - log me HJT I get redirected back to my home page on all three browsers Also when I go into windows explorer to browse files it wont let me double click to open them I have ran ad aware and found just cookies and ran the Malwarebytes it didnt find anything either i have HJT log - this one has me puzzled also ran avast antivirus which also found nothing I had to FTP the HJT log so i could retrieve it downstairs Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system StacSV exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Wave Systems Corp Trusted Drive Manager TdmService exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WD Drive Manager WDDMService exeC Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare Front Parlor WDSmartWareBackgroundService exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files DellTPad Apoint exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exeC Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files DellTPad HidFind exeC Program Files DellTPad Apntex exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL partnerpage google com smallbiz dell com en us hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us-smb amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL partnerpage google com smallbiz dell com en us hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us-smb amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe noguiO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Extra context menu item Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - res C WINDOWS system GPhotos scr O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra Tools menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra button Research - B ... Read more

A:HJT log - this one has me puzzled

anyone?===========Hello While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Although our HJT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, neither of us want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it.We ask that once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your thread or make further replies until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The reason we ask this or do not respond to your requests is because that would remove you from the active queue that Techs and Staff have access to. The malware staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.That is why I have made an edit to your last post, instead of a reply. Please do not multiple post here, as that only pushes you further down the queue and causes confusion to the staff.Please be patient. It may take several days, up to more than a week, perhaps less, to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.Thank you for understanding.Elise - forum moderator

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/291721/hjt-log-this-one-has-me-puzzled/
Relevancy 43.86%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3573 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 140026 MB, Free - 109036 MB; D: Total - 9999 MB, Free - 3952 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0U990C
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

I can't get computer to do Factory Image Restore since installing Vista Ultimate. Is it possible the partition has disappeared or been corrupted? And if so can I repair it. I really need and or want to wipe this thing clean and start over....

Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop It ran well for - months I had a problem w the led backlit screen and sent it in for repair Since it has come back it has had it's quirks One of which is the built in wifi Prior to quot repair quot my wifi was excellent no doubt during so said quot repair quot the antenna or it's connection were disturbed The latest and greatest was after shut down yesterday Upon restart later in the evening the laptop totally froze My only choice was to do a hard shutdown Since then the computer is completely wrong After second hard start I entered safe mode I tried a system restore from here only to find the system restore points no longer existed I was able to re-enter windows but everything was in super slow mo mode After a few seconds a pop up said desktop gadgets failed to start it ran a re-start and failed stating it would inform me when a resolution was found With that a few minutes later all the desktop gadgets disappeared I tried running disk defrag but I couldn't get in to it it just never opened - min wait puzzled Puzzled, puzzled, Norton at this point was popping up with problems of its own Taking roughly min I was able to work my way into Norton and un-install it I was able to restart and reinstalled Norton Both of these functions took over - hrs I am now at a point where the computer takes - min preforming ANY action Even as simple as clicking on the trash bin

A:Puzzled, puzzled, puzzled

Try running MBAM and SuperAntiSpyware to see what is going on!
Post back.
Another option is in command type msconfig then look in startup and see if you have unnecessary programs trying to start up!

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/148286-puzzled-puzzled-puzzled.html
Relevancy 43.86%
Q: puzzled

Everynow and then a little box with a windows icon appears on my desktop, it has a squiggle underneath it but no name or extension. When I go to open it I get a box asking me what to open it with, I usually try wordpad or note pad but only get a set of hieroglyphics. Can anyone tell me what all this means and what I should do about it. I think it may sometimes be an attachment from an email which I have saved on the desktop but why wouldn't it have a name?

Relevancy 43.86%

i have a dell dimension e with windows xp media center edition well anyway my mom was getting aggravated because it was going to slow and she restored the computer to January partly because there was puzzled please help im a game that i cant get off but anyway it please help im puzzled corrupted a file so we could only start in safe mode we undid the restore and it works fine except there is no sound i ran dell diagnostics and it went fine all of the things where OK i checked for any software changes but there are none please help im puzzled after i tried that i downloaded the drivers from dell to see if it would work it did not at first but now my sound is all the way up but its sounds like its low and its all static and it doesn t play all sounds only normally loud sounds can this be the sound card because i did the diagnostics just now and it had a little static i hope its simple p s if you need more info just ask nbsp

A:please help im puzzled

Check about sound driver status in Device Manager Go to Control panel > system > advance teb > device Manager. If you see yellow mark in sound driver then you have to reinstall it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-im-puzzled.809276/
Relevancy 43.86%

my anti virus showed this: $RDZZJ43.exe downloaded 2 times yesterday and i can't find it anywhere on my computer. a site i visit flagged me for a CSRF? attack. ran a scan and came back clean. NVM, my anti virus provider put that exe out with an update they did.

A:puzzled.....

From the Web:
Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) is a type of attack that occurs when a malicious Web site, email, blog, instant message, or program causes a user's Web browser to perform an unwanted action on a trusted site for which the user is currently authenticated.

The impact of a successful cross-site request forgery attack is limited to the capabilities exposed by the vulnerable application. For example, this attack could result in a transfer of funds, changing a password, or purchasing an item in the user's context. In effect, CSRF attacks are used by an attacker to make a target system perform a function (funds Transfer, form submission etc.) via the target's browser without knowledge of the target user, at least until the unauthorized function has been committed.

You should start a new topic in the Malware Removal forum.

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.
If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.
When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.
After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Team Members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592888/puzzled/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi All,
I received one of those virus alerts and I don't usually act on them but I was checking it out and was puzzled about something. I was instructed to search for jdbgmgr.exe on my hard drives and I found one but it was not the exact file.
Why wouldn't it find the exact file? It found several files but none are the one that I was searching for. I have Norton but the instructions say that Norton cannot find this virus.
Any answers?????

Relevancy 43.86%
Q: puzzled

I am having trouble moving files. Specifically, transferring data from one program to another, such as trade history from TDAmeritrade to Tradelog or Gainskeeper. I am not too computer sauvy.

A:puzzled

Normally, you have to export the data from one application and import it to the other. Obviously, that only works if they're capable of creating compatible data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/puzzled.912311/
Relevancy 43.43%

Recently during system shutdown I ve received an error message that the program quot lpext dok listener quot has frozen and it gives the usual two options end now by lpext_dok_listener Puzzled and cancel I ve never seen this so-called program before and I don t see it in my running processes I ve tried doing a search but the only results were Puzzled by lpext_dok_listener inconclusive The result on TSG was in the HJT logs forum and they don t let me post there apparently I think the quot LP quot may refer to the U quot Launchpad quot employed by USB- flash drives and a post in one of the sites I searched suggests I may be correct but that s as informative as I ve been able to find The only other thing that has taken place recently that I can think of exposing my computer to unknown programs Puzzled by lpext_dok_listener is that almost all of my most frequently used software was updated this week If it is of any use the recently updated upgraded software is as follows you may want to skip this it runs longish Firefox updated to IE received MS security patches Added New York Yankees toolbar and StumbleUpon toolbar to IE after using them in Firefox trouble-free Updated AIM to version Updated both definitions and scanning engine in Norton Security Scan as provided by Google through the Google Updater app Updated Windows Live Messenger to current version Updated Yahoo Messenger to current version Winamp released version quot th anniversary edition quot with included IE toolbar These updates were applied Adobe Reader was updated AVG AV receives updates daily Spybot is updated regularly SpywareBlaster is updated regularly Yahoo Anti-Spy Scanner is updated regularly Almost all Web browsing takes place in Firefox with the AdBlock and NoScript plugins implemented as well as SiteAdvisor on both browsers I have recently visited new websites but they are almost all TV sites from nature shows All software updates are performed using quot custom quot install option where available If anybody reading this has any input concerning the origins and possible implications of this unknown application quot lpext dok listener quot please come forward because I can t find anything in Google or by searching security websites except for users like myself with this same question This might wind up being the first result in Google if the replies are good but right now I m more concerned with my system nbsp

A:Puzzled by lpext_dok_listener

Howdy Rivera42,

Next thread >>
Program LPEXT_DOK_LISTENER - Should I worry?
Reply from ericmcgill on 9/24/2007 5:41:00 PM

I noticed this program as well and suspect that it has something to do with the sandisk usb drives that use a U3 Launchpad program.

I just found the above on a google search.
Not sure if it is of much help though. There were a few other things about keylogging etc but no clear answers.
Regards Paula

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/puzzled-by-lpext_dok_listener.641659/
Relevancy 43.43%

The present symptoms are as follows at restart (machine is on all the time) yellow disk power light stays on and there is no video output, flashing power light on the monitor.Floppy and cd-rom not available. This started out as every now and again but is now almost every time I reboot machine also cooling down periods are getting longer. My partial solution was to use a 12"fan to cool down quickly, I have also fitted a rear fan and a drive 0 cooler unit. This is giving me 30c plus temps on both drives and 36c on CPU and it occasionally reboots OK but is now not rebooting after several hours!
I will leave it off overnite it is nearly 3am here and will check in later today.
Tia

A:Puzzled & Perplexed?

None of those temps seem out of range really. I'd think power supply maybe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/puzzled-perplexed.332594/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a dilemma in deciding which cpu and setup please hlep me AMD Athlon nm Asus A V Mobo ThermalTake A Heatsink with G Shin Etsu Grease USD I will overclock to about GHZ is that good considering that heatsink AMD Athlon nm Asus A V Mobo ThermalTake A Heatsink with G Shin Etsu Grease USD A little too much Again will that heatsink do the job AMD Athlon nm retail decision Puzzled Asus A Puzzled decision V Mobo USD A little too much Again will that heatsink do the job AMD Athlon nm retail Asus A V Mobo USD With Rebate no installation no heatsink so about or dollars and no HL Tiger direct -- http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp Sku MBM-A VD- Will be putting of corsair in thier for now will updrade to dual channel I will use the sytem for mid gaming HL countrerstrike source far cry a lot of applications and multi tasking and dvd encoding Not editing Also The bundle is pre configured so i dont have to pay a fee for building it my self and it comes with HL and far cry at monarchcomputers com Puzzled decision Should i go intel Thanks Danny nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

I ve been working in puzzled... Completely the IT field going on years now and I m completely confused by what has happened to my home network I m turning to Completely puzzled... the great minds on BleepingComputers for help So here s what I ve done as of this Completely puzzled... last week Reformatted a single laptop and a single desktop I used DBAN for the wipe DoS standard wipe I installed Windows XP Professional SP on the laptop and used a OEM Dell Windows XP SP disk on the Desktop I used an external hard drive from the office Completely puzzled... to install the LAN drivers for both I also installed MSE and Firefox on both prior to booting the internet explorer both were on the external as well On the laptop I used network a network installation of SP for XP and it went through just fine I ve been running Combofix and GMER every - hours to check for an updated infection Here s where they get different I ve noticed the last few times I ve reinstalled Windows and got this rootkit again it s been after I installed updates via the quot Windows Update quot SystemRoot system wupdmgr exe is the path it s directed at I ve installed the updates on my desktop to verify that it s the root of the issue and it is The desktop as of my last scan has the unlabeled rootkit again The reason I say it s unlabeled is because normally at the office when I m running Combofix it gives me some indication of what where the rootkit is located this time it doesn t Is this something new or am I just now experiencing this I ve never dealt with anything of this caliber and if you guys can help me get this resolved I can use my new knowledge to help in the same predicament Thanks a ton in advance Incapable

A:Completely puzzled...

Hello Incapable ,Could I please see the ComboFix report? Also, please have a run with this, and then I'll be able to tell you more. Download TDSSKiller.zipExtract it to your desktopDouble click TDSSKiller.exePress Start Scan
If Malicious objects are found then ensure Cure is selectedThen click Continue > Reboot nowCopy and paste the log in your next reply
A copy of the log will be saved automatically to the root of the drive (typically C:\)Thanks,tea** Could a Mod please move this thread to malware removal?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371801/completely-puzzled/
Relevancy 43.43%

I turned on my computer today to discover my Microsoft Security Essentials was disabled and I couldn't enable it making me think I had some sort of virus or malware issue. I ran Super Anti Spyware stand alone scanner, Malwarebytes, Microsoft Security essentials, eset online scanner, then installed avast ran a full scan found nothing and uninstalled that. Finally I ran combo fix and it seems the problem is strangely gone away but I wanted to post its logs just in case.

A:Puzzled still infected?

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397204/puzzled-still-infected/
Relevancy 43.43%

Alright, I built a computer a couple years ago, and purchased an 80gig harddrive

First OS was Win98, I didn't understand the concept of partitioning back then, and it defaulted my Hard drive to 32gigs on the C drive , the rest seems to be gone. (currently using Windows XP pro, and the demo version of Partition magic says there's only 7mb not partitioned)

I don't know how to cleanslate my computer and repartition. (I have a Windows XP pro upgrade cd).

I was wondering if this scenario has ever been encountered before? and what steps I should take to get my Hard drive up to full 80gig potential.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thank you

-Dave

A:Puzzled about Partitions

I ran into partitioning questions a few days ago and the solution was much easier that I had ever thought.

Look here

http://www.me.umn.edu/~ap/newpartition.html

I have never used Partition magic, always Fdisk prioor to this. XP makes it so simple you will be surprised.

You may have had some left over space that was not allocated and unless you format it you won't be able to use it.

If you boot to your win xp CD by changing the boot sequence in your bios, follow the short list of instrutions in that link, it may show you the 7 gigs I'm not sure though.

So far, I have only used this utility starting with a brand new unformated hard drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/puzzled-about-partitions.235169/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi
Right, I have three webcams and two laptops ok so far. One laptop works very successfully two webcams which are plug and play. The laptop running vista however, nothing. Yes, it does install, I know not where. Enter third webcam which is also plug and play but of different make. Still no joy. Yes, we can use it on msn and as far as we know on skype, but to just view our sitting room, nothing and we can't find where it is installed. Any help on this please.
Merry Christmas
Patric

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/263981-webcam-puzzled.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Because the Shockwave Flash was constantly crashing and otherwise slowing down my computer I disabled it in Google Chrome but bookmarked the Google Plug-in page so that over Puzzled different outcomes two I could instantly enable it when necessary But here's the puzzling Puzzled over two different outcomes thing When I go to YouTube now SOME of the videos will cause RealPlayer to automatically open which immediately plays the video after asking me if I want it to play Puzzled over two different outcomes it this one time or always play videos on this site So that's great But in other cases I just get a black video box with words telling me I must download the Adobe Flash Player And it's no random error--every time I try to play certain videos that's the result It appears that videos controlled by quot official quot sources are the ones that require the Adobe Flash Player Of course I can just enable the Shockwave Flash plug-in for those demanding it which I've been doing but I was wondering why this disparity occurs and if there's any way that I can quot force quot a playing of the video by Realplayer so I can avoid Shockwave Flash even for the few minutes that I enable it to play the video in question P S I'm just thinking I've been assuming that all videos on YouTube are essentially in the same format playable by the same software But is it possible that certain videos on YouTube CAN'T be played by RealPlayer but only by Shockwave Flash

A:Puzzled over two different outcomes

Well the way it works is youtube uses a web player like flash player that reads the diffrent video formats. If you uploaded a video that is wmv, avi, and mp4. It is still played in flash player or html5 player, depending on what the video format and if you have the right codec installed realplayer will try to play the video. Try uninstalling the plugin under crome and reinstall and see if it works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/puzzled-over-two-different-outcomes-669004.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I just reformatted XP Pro, because the computer it was on had trojans viruses and spyware galore. After reloading XP and doing a scan with AVG, I am still coming up with over 51 problems. I thought a reformat cleaned those? Is it possible for a harddrive to hold these viruses after a reformat?

A:Puzzled over reformat?

Shore you reformatted and didn't do a repair install?
Next time when you get to the chose partition screen delete it then it will ask to make a new one and that will make shore you did it right.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/puzzled-over-reformat.500200/
Relevancy 43.43%

Why does my 4 core 2500 Mhz 8 Gb Win 7 pc not seem much faster than 2 core 2500 Mhz 1Gb Vista pc?

A:Solved: Puzzled

probably all the spyware that you've been complaining about in another thread
http://forums.techguy.org/general-security/952008-super-anti-sryware-free.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-puzzled.952029/
Relevancy 43.43%

I just don't understand why some icons appear different than others. While some appear "normal", others look more like thumbnails. Pic below is an example:

Both of the above are shortcuts from apps in Program Files. I played around with the icon on the left and made sure it was a 256x256 and it appeared exactly as you see it now.

So much depends on the type of folder the icon appears/made, but I just can't figure why icons like the one on the right can't appear everywhere.
Any help understanding this icon behavior would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A:Puzzled by icons

I dunno. It's the way the company decided to make 'em.

Go Cards!
I decided to make the above letters big, bolded and red. Hell, yeah!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/275548-puzzled-icons.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently started having serious problems with my computer. First I kept having this "SHELLCONHIDDENWINDOW" popping up when I was shutting down. Then I started having crazy runtime errors when you clicked on anything. I have AOL security center and obviously it isnt worth crap cause it never detected anything and I went to Trendmicro.com and ran their malware software and it found the ByteVerify Trojan and said it cleaned it. I am still having all the same problems as before the clean.

Can someone help me?

Relevancy 43.43%

ok i have made a number of improvements to this computer in hopes of speeding it up. understanding that my ram isnt that big in memry im not expecting a rocket like some of u probbly have. however i do think it should be able to buff a song on youtube without pausing 15 times really that many some times. some1 said to make sure im running my moden thru the ethernet instead of the usb. idk what that means. im using broadband internet, i have a small lil box that i plug in21 the usb,m any 1 help me out? ty

A:puzzled ethernet, usb, idk.

also was wondering if i was missing a simple program that could be slowing me down, is there a way to check and see, mayb a common list?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287017-puzzled-ethernet-usb-idk.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi
Recently replaced my motherboard because my old one went kaput, and my PC's been locking up totally from time to time. It typically happens when I exit, minimize or enter a game.
It happened before I replaced my motherboard, but to a point where I couldn't start up, now it only seems to happen at certain times.
I'm at a loss as to what might be causing it, there's no beep codes, error messages or anything, it just locks up and I have to restart.

Any idea what might be causing this? And If not, how might I be able to find out?

Relevancy 43%

Good Morning First let me get all the basic info out of the way I am running WinXP Pro bit with all current updates at this time including look. this Puzzled issue, by latency a please take all Service Packs I am connected right now to the internet via Time Warner cable I am using a Netgear Wireless N router model WNR v I am hardwired using shielded CAT cable directly to the router I have carbonite as a back up and I disable it during game play I am not running any anti-virus but do keep my windows firewall up My motherboard is EVGA i SLI FTW My processor is Intel Core duo E gig I have gigs of Corsair Ram Video Card is EVGA Nvidia Gforce GTX core yadda yadda yadda My Problem I am playing EQ on the Antonia Bayle Server My latency is horrible My latency is ALWAYS at to My two friends one in Tennessee is at and the other our guild leader is in London England and his is about I live in Ventura CA SOE s severs for this game Puzzled by this latency issue, please take a look. as far as I know are in San Diego I have tried everything to solve the latency problem and found something that puzzles me to no end I forwarded ports for this game I have plugged directly to the cable modem and NOTHING reduced the Puzzled by this latency issue, please take a look. latency I disabled the firewall nothing worked Alas I re-installed the motherboard drivers days ago and suddenly the latency in game went down to and stayed down all night while I played which was about hours When I got back on the next morning the latency was very high again So I proceeded to reinstall the drivers for the Ethernet and USB bus again and it fixed it again I came back that night and it was high again and again when I reinstalled the driver it fixed my in game latency issue What is causing this problem Is it really the Ethernet port on the Motherboard I have two and swapping out to the other does NOT fix the in-game latency but reinstalling the driver does I did notice that even after reinstalling the driver last night the latency slowly crept back up to over Is this an issue that is local to my machine or can the internet connection from Time Warner also play a part This latency occurs at all times of day from early morning am to late at night I thought maybe it being a cable connection might be the cause but the latency would go down at least at one point during the day if that was the case I have internet connection which acts fine however in game the latency is terrible Please help if you might have any insight on what this might be I am going to look for an ethernet card in the garage and see if that does the trick Thanks much nbsp

A:Puzzled by this latency issue, please take a look.

I went in and added an ethernet card and disabled the onboard ethernet ports. This did not change anything. I am still having a terrible latency issue. I have fine web browsing. If you all need reports or technical data please tell me how to get it and I will post it here. I can provide a Dxdiag if needed.

I just want to be pointed in the right direction on what is going on...
Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/puzzled-by-this-latency-issue-please-take-a-look.933991/
Relevancy 43%

I use Acronis True Image Home 11 for backups, and I have found it very easy to use. I only do full image backups(large because of audio files) and my backup location is an external 250 GB hard disc. When I open Backup location on the HD, I find a long list of about 16 files for each backup. Why is this, and why is it that when I want to mount an image I only have to open one of these files. There is obviously something about external hard discs that I do not understand. Allan.

A:Puzzled By External HD files.

It depends what file system your external hard drive uses. FAT32 has a limit on the maximum file size, so a large image would be split across multiple files. Acronis may split the image even if the file system supports a single large file for compatibility reasons.

Slainte

midders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/puzzled-by-external-hd-files.872988/
Relevancy 43%

Hello ... In my recent clean install of W10 in the section which shows usernames I am listed as alanDT ... however when I open the 'users' folder on my C drive 2 users' folders are shown i.e. default(which partially grayed out and does not appear to contain any significant files) and 'janal' which is a username I used to use and contains my 'active' files such as appdata etc ... the W7 install I upgraded from had alanDT as my username and this carried forward into my W10 on top of W7 install ... does any of this make sense???? ... and can it in any way affect the way software runs????
Alan

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/30196-puzzled-username-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi Could anyone tell me if its possible to check to see if Windows XP's driver acceptability is working Thing XP Problem Puzzled with Driver is Ive tried to install a couple of brand new proggies recently and in each case its Puzzled with XP Driver Problem failed to recognise the proggie's drivers The programme has installed correctly but as soon as I connect the usb cable printer Puzzled with XP Driver Problem the 'Windows Found New Hardware' box pops up and asks for the installation disc which Puzzled with XP Driver Problem I dont have evidently Windows should have the respective drivers already installed This has happended to each programme Ive tried installing Im thinking there might be an internal problem on my computer thats its not accepting new programmes Ive also tried to use different usb ports to no effect In the case of the non-installation of the printer I get to the point where I have to connect the usb cable a message comes up saying the computer cant find the printer I have downloaded the up to date drivers from the Kodak website Kodak printer so I know the drivers are the right ones Its a puzzler and I really dont want to take it to a place like PC World for them to look at unless I have to as Im sure I can fix the problem myself with a little help Regards andy whitham

A:Puzzled with XP Driver Problem

Hello andywhitham

Try reinstalling all the USB ports

1 Be sure all USB devices are unplugged

2 Go into Device Manager and expand the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" group.

3 Uninstall every device listed under this group (right click on device, left click uninstall)

4. Restart Computer

5. Upon restart the computer will recognize all the devices and install them.

6. Plug in a device and see if it works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/puzzled-with-xp-driver-problem-466914.html
Relevancy 43%

I scanned with AVG and found Trojan horse Zbot.CIJ,

I LOOKED IN THE DESIGNATED FOLDER BUT DID NOT FIND IT ?

Does that mean the Local Folder has been deleted altogether ?

I recently installed Windows Mail, is my functionality effected by this, . .
My mail seems to be working ok, . . but where is the file Local S . . ??

Where did it come from in the first place?

A:AVG confined ZBot.CIJ but I am Puzzled

As I said in your other topic...The detection(s) was on a file with an .eml extension. EML file extensions are primarily associated with Outlook Express but they are also used by other email clients. The Windows Live Mail folder is used for email storage...your screenshot does not indicate the local folder was deleted just the .eml file within it.If there is nothing important in there, you may want to delete all messages in Windows Mail.How to Purge Deleted Messages in Windows Mail or Outlook ExpressAfter doing that, you can download and run AVG's Win32/Zbot removal tool (rmzbot.exe).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510434/avg-confined-zbotcij-but-i-am-puzzled/
Relevancy 43%

I'm running Windows 7 Pro on my PC and gf runs Windows 7 home on her laptop. Did not have any problems for the past year until recently. I have an external shared drive (e) attached to the PC. Both of us had users on each others computer and both as administrators. Add 2 regular users on the laptop, still no problems. About a month ago, the laptop couldn't see the e-drive under her user. I remapped it under my user, then switched to hers and it was removed from both. Tried deleting and reestablishing both network and homegroup with no success.

If that wasn't bad enough, we took the laptop with us on a trip and the e-drive. I couldn't see it connected under my user but could see it under hers. I have no idea what to try next.

A:Network problem has me puzzled

Check your antivirus solutions on each PC... many now include a firewall. Shut any firewalls off, a recent upgrade of Norton stopped all my files shares from working until I stopped the firewall from starting!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/197710-network-problem-has-me-puzzled.html
Relevancy 43%

I'll do my best to describe and list off the issues I've encountered As of this second my sound is quot Working quot except for HTML youtube etc VLC Media player and Windows sounds My skype and a couple Issues by Puzzled Sound(?) of game applications are working which is what I have found weird I've doubled and tripled checked to make sure no app has gained exclusive control settings etc through Puzzled by Sound(?) Issues windows This was a random occurrence that just started today I switch between my speakers and headset quite a bit -- Usually just toggling between setting whichever one I want to default inside of 'Playback devices' via right clicking the taskbar This is when another fun part starts happening -- At random the audio will constantly switch between the two non stop until I unplug or disable one for a few moments Inside of windows it will just change back and forth constantly between the two devices I use a creative audigy sb soundcard for my seakers and a logitech g headset USB I have made sure all my drivers are up to date and done all of the 'obvious' troubleshooting I can think of but am at a loss of where to go from here

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/393632-puzzled-sound-issues.html
Relevancy 43%

hi everyone Before I go deep let me say one thing that I nt a master or whiz in computers but Dual Channel Puzzled given the advice and proper recommendations yeah I can get through the troubles I have Well my system configuration is Computer Type ACPI Uniprocessor PC Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack SP CPU Type AMD Athlon MHz x Motherboard Name MSI K N Neo Platinum MS- PCI AGP Dual Channel Puzzled DDR DIMM Audio Dual Gigabit LAN IEEE- Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce Ultra AMD Hammer BIOS Type Award Display RADEON MB RAM MB RAM The scenario suspiciou I have two MB GoodMem x Dual Channel Puzzled - PC - Mhz from the same manufacturer I wanted to obtain Dual Channel since my motherboard said it supports Dual channel Before the dual channel setting I had setted up the memory in st Dual Channel Puzzled slot and rd slot My bios read the speed as Mhz with GB ram Even my windows system properties also reported the same thing i e GB ram installed To get the dual channel I installed the memory modules in st slot and the slot When I looked in bios it showed that it is Dual Channel Bit But when it shows the ram the size is MB ram installed Even in the system properties of windows also shows that it is MB ram The question Why is that x shows as MB RAM both in bios and system properties in Windows Is there any performance degradation Will it help me achieve in dual channel mode to get Gb ram availablity when running apps like Adobe CS Far Cry etc Where have I gone wrong Any one having any clue can give a words of advice Thanks a lot approve nbsp

A:Dual Channel Puzzled

Surely it should be reading 1gb of RAM,just check that the sticks are firmly seated.If that doesn't work try them in DIMMs 3&4.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-puzzled.38681/
Relevancy 43%

Many years ago and O/S curious Puzzled Windows - I was an Atari user hooked up to a HD Windows O/S - Puzzled and curious If when the OS crashed I never had to reinstall all the software back onto the machine because GEM-TOS held this stuff in a separate folder outside the OS Now this sounds to me an extremely logical way of working and with the vast amounts of memory and computing speed of Windows O/S - Puzzled and curious modern PCs I just cannot understand and am puzzled why MS Windows doesn't hasn't implemented the same principle After all it's only going to take a few nanoseconds to read data held in a folder outside the OS instead of burying 'bits' of Apps deep inside the OS Is there a logical reason why MS cannot or don't want to do the same thing Just think of the hours of misery users would no longer be subjected to if you could reinstall windows without having to also reinstall all their software again I'm wondering if there is a patent copywrite on this type of configuration which prevents them from implementing something like this If the Windows OS installed the data other Apps need to put inside the OS and also saved a copy of it in another folder OUTSIDE the OS when you have to reinstall the OS the install process could read the contents of this file and put this stuff back into the OS when you reinstall Windows Why not employ a 'plug-in' system similar to what Adobe uses on many of their products

A:Windows O/S - Puzzled and curious

Hi,

As first response: -

Windows "Incorporates software" into the system & therefore does not work in the same way. Most of the software from back then was "Stand alone" in configuration & even ran from floppy disks.

Any thoughts?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295410-windows-o-s-puzzled-curious.html
Relevancy 43%

QUOTE Recently installed on my new GB SSD I went in to Computer Management to shrink the partition holding I was amazed to see that the install is taking up GB -of space leaving me with a paltry GB or so out by SSD my is Win 7 on space Puzzled amount using of the of I did extend the partition a bit to make it the GB you see in the screenshot This makes no sense to me because on my mechanical drive where I had a triple boot the Win partition was GB and hardly half of it Puzzled by the amount of space Win 7 is using on my SSD was used by the OS and Puzzled by the amount of space Win 7 is using on my SSD all my programs So if it was only taking up GB to GB on the old drive why is it now being such a hog Makes no sense to me what is taking up all the space The install was only done about a week ago and I have more programs to install then I am done I even let make that System Reserved Partition fwiw I never had that before either I was so tempted to use a rd party program to resize that partition to GB but I was sure there was a reason wouldn't let me do it so I never tried another program Very disappointed with the results is all I can say I am mystified what is taking up all the bleeding space Thanks to all in advance J T

A:Puzzled by the amount of space Win 7 is using on my SSD

hi, when you go to file manager and right click on the drives icon and go properties what does it show as used space

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351545-puzzled-amount-space-win-7-using-my-ssd.html
Relevancy 43%

My home network set up is:

- 1 PC running XP Home and wired to Netgear DG834G wireless router
- 1 Laptop running 98SE connecting wirelessly to the router
- 1 PC running 98SE connecting wirelessly to the router

All are running the latest version of Internet Explorer and both the wireless computers show excellent connection with the router ? approx 80-90%.

The laptop has no problem accessing the net via Internet Explorer but it will only rarely work for the PC ? I?ll try a couple of times a day and maybe once a week it will actually work?.

I?ve tried checking everything I can think of (including firewall settings) but to no avail? it would make more sense to me if the PC never connected at all!!

Does anyone have any ideas please?
flingel

A:Puzzled Re Occasional Connection

Have you run any virus/spyware programs?Run these online virus scanners:http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/http://housecall.trendmicro.com/Are you using these basic security programs?(They're all free.)a? freeewido security suiteAd-AwareSpybot S&DThese 2, will help prevent spyware/malware from being installed in the first place:SpywareblasterSpywareGuardDownload these programs, update them, and then run them.These programs, updated and used regularly, will do a lot to keep your computer clean of spyware, trojans, keyloggers, browser hijackers, etc...When installing ewido security suite, under Additional Options uncheck:Install background guardInstall scan via context menuImportant:Please read this tutorial on Spybot S&D before using it. Spybot can do SERIOUS damage, if not used properly.Helpful Tutorials:Using Ad-Aware SEUsing SpywareBlasterUsing SpywareGuardUsing Ewido

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43493/puzzled-re-occasional-connection/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, I am puzzled over the connectivity of my ethernet cable. I wonder if anyone faced this problem before and have any solution.

Senario:
1 Ethernet cable
1 Notebook
1 desktop PC

Problem:
I was trying to get my desktop PC connected to a network but failed. I have no problem connecting my notebook to the network using the same LAN cable nor do I have problem connecting my desktop PC to the network using another LAN cable. What went wrong?

Thanks..

A:Puzzled over Ethernet Cable connectivity

The original ethernet cable is faulty

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/puzzled-over-ethernet-cable-connectivity.118542/
Relevancy 42.57%

My notebook Samsung NP P C running Win ------------------------------------------------ puzzled System Configuration. by Newbie I'd like to know the meaning of all the options appearing under the five tabs of System Configuration On the web I don't seem to be able to find any detailed info on System Configuration - apart from the following page which go on call me dumm I don't find awfully clearly detailed Using System Configuration I'm particularly curious to find out why in General my new laptop is configured with the first two options of Selective startup Newbie puzzled by System Configuration. selected Why hasn't Normal startup been selected If all three options under Selective startup were ticked would that be equivalent to Normal startup And what does original boot configuration refer to exactly Under the Boot tab I had ticked and applied OS boot information but I haven't seen anything appearing during the boot process or does the info end up in a log - and where would that be I'd be so grateful to anyone for a few more clues Cheers all

A:Newbie puzzled by System Configuration.

*Selective startup* shows up automatically when any of Startup options are disabled. *Normal startup* would turn on all the sturtup items.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/35914-newbie-puzzled-system-configuration.html
Relevancy 42.57%

i cant determine what is the issue with my computer but its just not right, recently ive been having a lot of crashes from NTFS 36 in the last 7 days apparently logs report, also HPTTEvent has been crashing alot in last few days,

and not to long ago when scanning with GMER for rootkits my computer blue screened also i accessed eventvwr to view recent errors(gmer was scanning still), NTFS had 7 in last hour but computer did not crash UNTIL i had viewed this so confused >.<

was able to complete a gmer scan finally (safe mode everything enabled only worked that way)

hope some one can help me i can already tell though i know the answer will be format HDD and re install windows >.< but that's okay.
thanks

A:Puzzled looking for computer issue sloution

still crashing, computer sometimes im not sure whats cuaseing it, usually doesn't happen in 5min on start up but mabye 4-6h or less also locks up, then 1 beep, and then im completely locked out only thing i can do is turn it off

any advice or knowledge will be helpful because im basically at the ends of mine

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471728/puzzled-looking-for-computer-issue-sloution/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have 2 HDDs and 1 SSD.

On HDD Disk0 I have Vista which is an active partition (F)
On SSD Disk2 I have Windows7 which is an active partition (C). Win7 was installed with the HDDs unplugged.
On HDD Disk1 I have 2 data partitions. One for Videos (D) and one for Macrium Images (P).

Yesterday I discovered by accident that this Image partition (P) is active. So I cranked up my trusted Partition Wizard and made it inactive. This morning my system would not boot any more. So this time I used my bootable Partition Wizard CD and changed it back to active. After that the system booted as usual.

Would anybody have an idea why a data partition would be set to active and why the system would depend on such a data partition to boot. I am completely puzzled.

Note that I have never used Disk1 for any system installation. It has always been a data disk.

A:Now I am really puzzled - mystery active partition

Try searching that disk, you might find windows installation files in it. I know when win 7 is installed it puts files on another logical drive but it usually creates a 100mb partition of its own.

I don't know exactly why it has put the files there but one of my machines has done the same thing and put the boot files in a data pattition.

A fix? I'm not sure, whith that machine I will wait until I need to re-install windows, remove all other drives until installed, back up data from the other drive and then Kill Disk it and put the data back.

It hasn't caused me any problems having the boot files, you might find that is what has happened, just at a guess.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/111743-now-i-am-really-puzzled-mystery-active-partition.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Appreciate your thoughts on this.

Scenario: two computers of the same kind, running W98.

Looking in Device Manager at System Devices, the breakdown is as follows:

Machine A:
Intel 82801AA LPC Int. Controller
Intel 82801AA PCI Bridge
Intel SMBus Controller
PCI Bus
PCI Standard Host CPU Bridge
PCI Standard PCI to PCI Bridge
(HD controller: Intel 82801AA Bus Master IDE Controller)

Machine B:
Intel 82801AA LPC Int. Controller
Intel 82801AA PCI Bridge
Intel SMBus Controller
82802 Firmware Hub Device
82815 Processor to AGP Controller - 1131
82815 Processor to I/O Controller - 1130
(HD Controller: Intel 82801AA Ultra ATA Controller)

Both have the Intel 82801AA chipset. Why would the controller on one be Intel 82801AA Ultra ATA , and the other Intel 82801AA
Bus Master IDE??

Thanks for your help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/puzzled-with-device-manager-entries.96079/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi again loss Puzzled connection of wireless by I ve suddenly lost the wireless network on my pc can t figure out why I m using a Belkin adsl router and installed a network card a while ago as I was having problems using an adaptor also I re-installed XP just under weeks ago due to other problems everything has been working just fine no problems then the other day I left the pc running while I was doing something and when I came back to it the wireless connection was gone all I get now is a message saying no wireless networks can be found in range I had two that were mine and a neighbours both now gone The router seems ok I can connect via ethernet all the lights are on that should be and are steady The network cards light is on and blinking as Puzzled by loss of wireless connection it always has I ve Puzzled by loss of wireless connection tried re-setting the router uninstalling and reinstalling drivers removing connections and making new ones I thought maybe the card was faulty so tried to connect using another adaptor but with the same result no wireless network in range am at a loss as what to do next Any ideas please nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I have been allover the web and talking to other people about many issue...that puzzled has Font Unique this issue for about days now and we do not know where to go from here I have received a photoshop editing job that requires me to download and install Unique Font issue...that has puzzled many a set of fonts that were given to me in a giant file by email I opened the set with WinRar and all went smoothly until I tried to install them I used the basic method of Font Folder- gt File- gt Install new font and I got this error http i tinypic com z o jpg So then I tried to save the file to my external and then install it then I tried to extract it and install I took individual fonts from the file and tried to install it that way but got the exact same error I was recommended to install a font Veiwer so I installed AMP Font Veiwer and the files open up in this program but when I go to install it I run into the same issue It is a rather strange error considering it doesn't have an error code or anything It's like it just can't locate the files but they files are there I have been able to download fonts in the past One of my teachers gave me a font her purchased on my external harddrive and my font folder accepted that font without any problems not that long ago Thank you for reading and any suggestions would be appriciated Middy

A:Unique Font issue...that has puzzled many

hello Middy

If you know where they are located, can you just drag them from one folder and drop them into the font folder?

good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280331-unique-font-issue-has-puzzled-many.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm terribly frustrated I've tried many suggestions from many different forums to troubleshoot this problem but cannot resolve it Code ERROR All my games crash within about mins Same exception code Sometimes windows will notify me the Puzzled all attached. games by DMP Thanks. crashing. program has stopped working other Puzzled by all games crashing. DMP attached. Thanks. times the game will just freeze and I have to alt ctrl del EVENT VIEWER Faulting application name HKShip exe version time stamp x eb fa Faulting module name HKShip exe version time stamp x eb fa Exception code xc Fault offset x daf Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x cd ccfb dc f Faulting application path C Program Files x Steam steamapps common SleepingDogs HKShip exe Faulting module path C Program Files x Steam steamapps common SleepingDogs HKShip exe Report Id d d -ffc - e -ade - dae cf c b SYSTEM SPECS OS Windows Professional bit MOBO ASUS Crosshair V Formula CPU AMD Phenom II X GHz RAM GSkill Ripjaws DDR PC x GB GB GPU PNY NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti HD Western Digital TB RPM MB Cache Gb s PSU Cooler Master W CASE Cooler Master HAF ADV BLUE ED DRIVERS MOBO BIOS GPU THINGS IVE TRIED TO FIX IT -UPDATE ALL DRIVERS -MEMTEST PASSES ON ALL GBS -VERIFIED GAMES WERE NOT CORRUPT STEAM VERIFY CHECKER -REPAIR WINDOWS -BCEDIT SET INCREASEUSERVA -DISABLED ALL nvidia SOUND -SCANNED FOR VIRUS -DISABLING ALL NON-ESSENTIAL PROGRAMS IN TASKBAR -UNINSTALLED ZIP -SFC SCANNOW CMD -EXTENDED WINDOWS MEMORY DIAG TOOL -DRIVER VERIFIER SAFE MODE MESSAGE AFTER DRIVER VERIFIER Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode c BCP E BCP FFFFF B BCP FFFFF EE BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp Thank you

A:Puzzled by all games crashing. DMP attached. Thanks.

Nothing more to say, Uninstall Daemon tools right now.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C9, {23e, fffff880011b5324, fffff98004154ee0, 0}

Unable to load image GEARAspiWDM.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for GEARAspiWDM.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for GEARAspiWDM.sys
Unable to load image dtsoftbus01.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dtsoftbus01.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dtsoftbus01.sys
Probably caused by : dtsoftbus01.sys ( dtsoftbus01+1324 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
dtsoftbus01.sys is Daemon tools component, and it is affecting CD ROM Class Filter Driver adversely, computer is crashing.

Report us back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253347-puzzled-all-games-crashing-dmp-attached-thanks.html
Relevancy 42.57%

First solving Issue...Puzzled... Need Monitor help post so go easy on me Two months ago I built my folks a computer using parts from Newegg Here are the specs and then I ll give you the problem it s having CASE CODEGEN Beige Mid-Tower Case with W P Ready Power Supply Model quot L- - -S F quot MEMORY V-DATA Pin M DDR PC- MOTHERBOARD SOYO quot SY-KT DRAGON Plus v quot VIA KT Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU CPU AMD ATHLON XP BARTON RETAIL VIDEO CARD APOLLO nVIDIA GeForce MX - X Video Card MB DDR -bit TV-Out X AGP Model quot Bloody Monster Geforce MX MB-AGP X quot HARD DRIVE HD GB MAXTOR E L RPM ATA MODEM ZONET K V ZFM -CF MOUSE LOGITECH SBF OPTICAL WHEEL PS CD-RW ROSEWILL C OPERATING SYSTEM WINDOWS XP PRO SP This is just a basic Need help solving Monitor Issue...Puzzled... pc I set up for my folks nothing fancy just better than the year old pc it replaced While setting it up I noticed that the display sort of flicker quickly on and off but didn t think much of it Well since then I ve set it up at their house which is hours away and they have called saying that every once in a while think times it has happened the display will just go off When this happens the power and hard drive lights are still on the CPU but the Need help solving Monitor Issue...Puzzled... monitor light goes out like it s powered down Turning the monitor on and off won t switch it back on Ctl-Alt-Delete or any key combinations won t make it come back on They turn off the PC and turn it back on and then it starts working again untill it happens again I have installed all of the drivers and updated them if there were updates available Wouldn t be such an issue if it wasn t so random and gave some notices but it s just poof and the monitor s off and you re stuck Anyone have any ideas about this Is the video card actually bad I ve never actually had a card go bad before so don t know what to look for If anyone has experienced this or can be of help please do so It s a long drive to their house and I wan t to get it fixed the first time thanks nbsp

A:Need help solving Monitor Issue...Puzzled...

[tsg=welcome] Welcome to TSG! [/tsg]

I had a similar problem, and in my case it was the switch on the monitor. However, I feel that this is unlikely in your case. I would sooner suspect a loose connection where the monitor cable plugs into the video card, or possibly the card itself not being properly seated in its slot...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-solving-monitor-issue-puzzled.265874/
Relevancy 42.57%

There was a recent browser update for SeaMonkey & SeaMonkey portable so I updated both mine with no problem.
This morning I decided to set up SeaMonkey portable for a friend of mine & when I went to get WOT, it said it was not compatible with the new version which is wrong because I have it working on both my portable & other SeaMonkey. Anybody got any ideas?

A:Puzzled by WOT (Web Of Trust) on SeaMonkey Portable

Well, I guess its obvious nobody in here uses SeaMonkey. You really ought to at least try it http://www.seamonkey-project.org/
Try it, you'll like it Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/puzzled-by-wot-web-of-trust-on-seamonkey-portable.187898/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello to all. I am not a stupid person but i feel rather silly asking this question. "HOW ON EARTH" do i install shockwave player? I have followed numerous troubleshooters and am still unable to install it. I am able to download the file, run it,then i always get a box stating that shockwave need to close open browsers even though i think i have closed them all, when asked to choose the language for installation i click the top choice-American,English option,shockwave starts to install and just stops dead on 1% installed. I am running a rather tired windows 98se but i am having no other real problems with anything in particular, apart from being overloaded and a bit slow and i really am very puzzled . Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Matrixfan

A:Shockwave player trouble!!! very puzzled.

Maybe you have something running thats stopping the installation.
Download Hijackthis and use it Scan and Save a llog. Then post that log here for analysis.

http://spywareinfo.com/downloads.php?cat=sp#det

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shockwave-player-trouble-very-puzzled.257323/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I m the proud new owner of an MSI GT QD laptop. Disc on Puzzled over drive DOMINATOR But I m afraid that s about all I know I fear I ve bit off more than I can chew I bought it primarily for gaming and specifically Puzzled over Disc drive on laptop. to allow me to game whilst at work-at sea Unfortunately it just seems to devour whichever game discs I feed it and they are never to be seen again There is no reaction from the drive other than a few whines a few whizzes----------then silence the game has ceased to be It is nowhere to be found and only traces of programmes exist on files There doesn t seem to be a problem with downloading games from Steam and then running them but the disc drive just doesn t seem to want to play does it need working on or is it knackered It s important that I can use the drive because where I need to take the laptop there is no internet Please help me as there appears to be smoke coming out of my ears

A:Puzzled over Disc drive on laptop.

Is it a brand new device, and are these factory-pressed disks?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,151952.0.html
Relevancy 42.14%

7.5 gigs for a single file or archive seems absolutely ludicrous, even moreso when I don't know what it DOES... I have Norton System Works installed, though I have little experience on how to fine-tune it, and my best guess is that this monster of a file is some sort of Norton GoBack restore log with a crapload of useless data in it.
Does anybody know what that gobackio.bin thing actually is and how can I safely delete/edit/modify the file to get my disk space back? Is it as I suspect a GoBack settings issue, and if so, how can I optimize the settings and free the 7 gigs?

Many thanks. Viktor.

A:Puzzled... 7.5 gigs used in a single gobackio.bin file.

The file belongs Norton's GoBack software and contains History data in the event you wish to roll back to a previous date/time.

This link shows how to reduce the size.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/puzzled-7-5-gigs-used-in-a-single-gobackio-bin-file.514072/
Relevancy 42.14%

Recently my X failed and as I had a GT laying around I put that in until I could using crashing games card Puzzled when by gfx PhysX for second get a better card I then purchased a GTX Cyclone and ran that with the GT as a dedicated PhysX card I started up Fallout and it started having random crashes on average about every - minutes I tried Puzzled by games crashing when using second gfx card for PhysX New Vegas and the same thing I had been able to run both games with almost no crashes using my X I tried various drivers thinking there might be a bug but crashing continued The only thing I could think that was different was having a second card for PhysX So I removed it and now Puzzled by games crashing when using second gfx card for PhysX both F and NV are running as stable as they were on my old X RIP So my question is why would using the for PhysX cause the Fallout games to randomly crash Hope you can help as this is really puzzling me and I am also wondering if this will happen if I use a second in SLI Win x Q Maximus II Formula Gb Ram w PSU

A:Puzzled by games crashing when using second gfx card for PhysX

does your motherboard support SLI, and are you installing the graphics cards in the right slots x16/x16 (see mb manual)? Have you downloaded and installed the most recent graphics card driver for your 460, and does it support the other card as well in the list of supported cards? Do both cards support physx? Have you gone into the Nvidia control panel and specifically set the correct card as physx?

I would guess your motherboard needed to support SLI before you could have Physx. I may be wrong, but it sure doesn't hurt.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/164882-puzzled-games-crashing-when-using-second-gfx-card-physx.html
Relevancy 42.14%

OK guys, I've home networked 3 machines. Mine is WIndows xp desktop, which is the main gateway to the others via router. Others are my daughters desktop windows xp and my wifes lappy windows xp. I ran home set up on all three, but they wont show in my network places. I can ping them and they can ping me. They can print from the printer that is hooked up to my desktop. They just wont show up on the network. It's like they exist in a vortex.... This has never happened to me before. any ideas...plz help

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello genius folk Help needed please My PC is on WinXP SP My monitor went kerplunk the other day so just bought a used one that I saw working perfectly before I bought it it s a quot Relisys I hooked it up to my PC and loaded through to my desktop fine except the resolution wasn t great and a white bar stayed in the middle of the screen which read OUT OF RANGE I looked into this and did the properties gt settings gt monitor gt change values thing and changed the resolution down a step can t remember what resolution sorry I had to do the obligatory restart for values to take effect and it loads through the XP scroll page then goes black and the same white bar with OUT OF RANGE comes up again and the whole screen is now black - I can t get out of it Have I messed up my machine I m not very techy sorry Any clues help on this would be most awesome Many thanks in advance Simon nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Browsing the internet yesterday and had a virus, got AVG to scan selected areas, virus moved to virus vault. Deleted virus files from temp internet.

When I restarted my PC I logged on, then after most things loaded, say 10-20 seconds I get a BSOD.

Code:
0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xB94E8C7C, 0xAC81E7E8, 0x00000000)
Then, when I restart and try to boot in safe mode it fails and gives me a BSOD.

Also for the time I can log on which isn't very long I cannot access task manager, it says I am not the Administrator then get a bunch of errors:
SVC - A call to an OS function failed

I think the restrictions are the fault of the virus.

I need help, seriously puzzled here. (could it be the virus?)

ANY help would be appreciated greatly.

Regards.

A:Another BSOD, safemode doesn't work, puzzled

Still not fixed, need some help, need computer working soon. Any help appreciated.

This is the BSOD on Safemode

Code:
0x0000007B (0xF789E528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/another-bsod-safemode-doesnt-work-puzzled-311817.html