Windows Support Forum

Not detecting graphics card

Q: Not detecting graphics card

I purchased a new i3 pc with asrock h81m-s1 plus motherboard.
But it is not detecting my nvdia geforce 9500 gt graphic card... It shows no display.. And in devixe manager also card is not listed

Please help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Not detecting graphics card

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Not detecting graphics card

Make sure the system BIOS is not set to boot strictly with integrated graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-detecting-graphics-card.207840/
Relevancy 70.95%

So the first thing that happened was that after I logged into the PC it just froze ,it didn't go into the desktop,just froze and the after several failed restarts I decided to go into safe mode and do something,and after looking through Google I tried to uninstall my graphics drivers ,but it wouldn't uninstall and gave me an error : detection driver error , so I thought to use display driver uninstaller and it uninstalled it and I booted into the desktop normally, but when I went to install the latest driver it gave me a black screen and froze,any ideas on what's going on?
Also my system is:
i3-4130
hd 7770 gpu
windows 10 64bit

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/pc-not-detecting-graphics-card-4598474/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have installed windows 7(64bit) on my laptop and while installing the graphics driver i am facing the problem the graphics card is not getting detected even after installing the amd driver. The graphics card is not getting displayed on the device manager screen also as it was getting displayed before in my windows 7. I have the graphics card of AMD Radeon HD 6490.  please help 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphics-card-not-detecting/td-p/5684253
Relevancy 70.09%

i have been in trouble, i have brought 10 to 20 game dvd
and i was excited to play them all, but in vain i cannot detect my radeon card
not even on device manager
i downloaded latest drivers from ATI ,still no dectection.

my laptop configuration is
HP Pavallion dv6-6044TX
2nd gen intel core i5-2410M processor(2.3)ghz
4096MB ddr3 SDrAm
windows 7ultimate
radeon graphics
mobile intel HM65 chipset

i want to know my graphics card manufacturer and how can i detect my catalyst control centre,as it is not showing even if i
install the drivers from ATI.......thank you in advance whoever can solve my problem
i am in desperate need to fix this problem...thank you again

and i dont even know which series of RADEON card is used as it comes inbuilt 6000 ,3000,7000.....i dont know

Relevancy 70.09%

I just bought the skyrim legendary edition on the steam summer sale, and it cannot detect my Nvidia graphics card. It's a GeForce 630M. In my Nvidia settings, i have TESV.exe set to use my Nvidia, and yet when I click on "Options" on the launcher, it tells me I have my Integrated dell 4000 graphics card or whatever it is. Is there a way to fix this? (Nvidia settings and Launcher options are attachments)

A:Skyrim not detecting my graphics card

What make of laptop do you have? You probably have a machine with a built in graphics chipset and a faster nvidea chip which can be swapped between them. See manufacturers website on how to disable the builtin chipset.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skyrim-not-detecting-my-graphics-card.1103487/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello to anyone reading this right now For some reason I can't figure out why my Device Manager is failing to detect my graphics card Nothing shows up no question marks or anything to indicate that it's even there I've searched Google and everything that I've tried has not worked card. SP3 not detecting graphics WinXP Before I WinXP SP3 not detecting graphics card. list what I tried I would just like to state that the card works and is inserted correctly My WinXP SP3 not detecting graphics card. graphics card is AMD Radeon HD MB My intergrated graphics card is Nvidia GeForce WinXP SP3 not detecting graphics card. Things I have tried Multiple restarts with without the card Uninstalling my intergrated graphics Installed the graphics card drivers Disabling my intergrated graphics via Device Manager Tried to disable intergrated graphics via BIOS but unable to find option Enabled PCIe slot as primary boot via BIOS Pressed the Scan for hardware changes button I really don't know what else to do and would appreciate any help with resolving this matter Here is a link to my Speccy http speccy piriform com results bSJQeHa sLyS lotOFYc np P S I have attached a copy of my DxDiag and I don't know if it's relevant but for some reason my DirectX doesn't work as it should Direct D is messed up and does not function Thank you for any assistance

A:WinXP SP3 not detecting graphics card.

I no longer need help with this matter as I have returned the graphics card.

Thank you all anyway.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599622/winxp-sp3-not-detecting-graphics-card/
Relevancy 70.09%

Ok I have this computer HP Compaq dc Microtower PC RT UT specifications - HP Small amp Medium Business products With the following differences Windows Windows Card NOT detecting 7 Graphics Home Premium bit Ghz Athlon x Dual Core GB ram w PSU just installed last night I bought the computer used pretty much to play a couple of MMO games made by Nexon computer gaming company I also bought a used Geforce GT graphics card was told by people on their forums that i could get quot very playable quot FPS on medium setttings resolution with it and it was only days later and i'm not sure what's going on - The card cannot be detected by windows I plug it in - go into Device manager and it is not there Not even with a yellow explanation point or anything I also try installing the driver from Nvidia and when entering setup it says that it doesn't detect any compatible hardware and ends installation - Now on the first day i got this - i plugged the card in and turned on the computer and i smelled SMOKE almost instantly I couldn't see any smoke but i could smell it I felt the card and it was VERY HOT I realized that i hadn't plugged the fan on the graphics card into the PSU - so i hurried up and shut down the computer and plugged it in I'm not sure if this fried my card or my PCI slot BUT i can say the card still gets hot when i turn my computer on so it's obviously getting power from somewhere - After the card wouldn't work - i looked some things up and Windows 7 NOT detecting Graphics Card realized i needed to upgrade my w PSU Maybe this was the fix So i went and got a used one Windows 7 NOT detecting Graphics Card with w of power Nope still didn't work I've literally read threads or so online about how to fix this and did everything Note I don't have any other PCI items to plug into the slot and see if it'll work Note I also don't have another PC to test the card in Note My BIOS doesn't seem to have an option to disable onboard video Not sure if anyone else has any last ditch fixes before i consider taking to repair shop

A:Windows 7 NOT detecting Graphics Card

From your description it sounds like the card has been damaged through overheating. If you examine the card, can you see any signs of damage (e.g. black burn marks)? Does the GPU fan spin when the PC is turned on?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/143701-windows-7-not-detecting-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi, recently I bought sapphire 6870 HD graphics card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...4102909&cm_re=sapphire-_-14-102-909-_-Product.

I deleted my old drivers and installed 6870 + the new drivers. I was testing the card for about 30 minutes then all of a sudden my computer went black and the fan from the graphics card went loud. When I tried to reboot, monitor wasn't turning on. I tried my 2 old videos card and they seemed to work but not the 6870. I'm wondering if its something I can fix or just get it replaced.

Thank you:

Power Supply: Zumax 750W
Motherboard: Asus M488TD
CPU (AMD): AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz
4 GB Memory
Old Graphics Card: EVGA GT 240 GeForce 1GB

Relevancy 70.09%

Hi, I just built a new p.c and I'm trying to get a picture on the monitor.

The graphics card is not detecting the monitor. the monitor's a crt which the graphics card does not support, the graphics card is a ge-force 7600 by xfx, I used a bridge from the graphics card package. this allows the crt connection to attach to the lcd port on the graphics card. The monitor looses connection and the monitor lcd drops its color as soon as I hook it up to the bridge. I think that may be the problem, but I'm not sure.

Relevancy 70.09%

I have been using XFX-9500GT 1GB DDR2 for quite a long time. Recently it had stopped working and I have got my card replaced. Now my motherboard (MSI P6NGM-L) is not detecting the card. I have enabled it from my bios but no response. My built in vga is working.

What do I have to do now?

Please help me!

A:Graphics Card not Detecting in MSI P6NGM-L

You may find the problem is with Motherboard slot, not the cards.

Try cleaning the dust out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/133228-graphics-card-not-detecting-msi-p6ngm-l.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello all I m having some problems with graphics cards getting spotty or no detection from my monitor I have a computer that was pre built by target I ve had it for several years now A few months back the graphics card started having issues The monitor would go black occasionally and towards the end it would suddenly act like it wasn t getting a signal at all I unplugged the gpu and ran the monitor of the built in chipset and had no issues I just bought a card seems difficulty to Monitor detecting have graphics new gpu and to my immense annoyance it is immediately having trouble The computer would boot up fine but a few minutes in the screen would flash on and off and finally just stop getting a signal I suppose at this point it could be Monitor seems to have difficulty detecting graphics card the motherboard but I don t know I m not very experienced with computers and I was hoping someone could give me some advise on how I might fix this I don t have a lot of money so I don t want to replace anything I don t have too and I really hope getting a new gpu wasn t a big mistake I just wanted to be able to play games with my friends again I appreciate any help you can provide nbsp

A:Monitor seems to have difficulty detecting graphics card

To me it sounds like the power supply is having trouble with the new video card. could you post the specs of the power supply and the rest of the computer that would be great.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-seems-to-have-difficulty-detecting-graphics-card.198068/
Relevancy 68.8%

Ever since I installed windows 7, my Laptop for some reason on dxdiag says that i have a Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, even though on vista i had a 9600m gt. Please help. I have put Dxdiag of my system as an attachment... Oh and if this helps I have installed windows 7 32 bit ultimate rtm. I also looked at these post and i was thinking about trying out NitroNate's solution since just dling the drivers did no work. But i can't seem to find to the drivers for the GX720 msi laptop.

[Solved]

I downloaded the drivers from the website brand (msi) and installed the drivers even though I heard reports of it not working o.O... Thanks for your posts and support from other threads which helped contribute to helping me.

A:Problem with comp not detecting built in graphics card

what you need are the drivers for your system, do you have them? i used the ones that were intended for vista 32-bit for my system. i downloaded them from dell's site and extracted them, found the NVxx.INF file in the extracted folders.

in there, there will be a string that looks like this: DEV_0649&SUBSYS_XXXXYYYY, with the XXXXYYYY being what you need to find. this is the subsystem ID of your card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/27342-problem-comp-not-detecting-built-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello I worked HD graphics has Not Radeon even card before. -- though it detecting 4850 picked up a Radeon HD graphics card PCIE MB GDDR last fall mostly so I could play Skyrim when it came out and installed with no problems whatsoever Since it all went so Not detecting Radeon HD 4850 graphics card -- even though it has worked before. smoothly I don t remember the details to compare and see if there is something I did differently back then After using it for about six months I removed it reverting back to built-in graphics card This is because the case I had was too small for the HD and I didn t want it to be quot open-faced quot when I moved Packed up the HD safe and secure for the move and now it s reinstallation time into the same computer with a new case Transfer into the new case went perfectly well for the computer then I added the HD It s fully inserted it s getting power it s warm the fan is running there are no warning lights going off It does not show up in my device manager at all or in my BIOS setup I ve been advised to install the drivers but when I go to install the drivers the AMD software wants to see it first Since it s not in device manager I can t install manually that I know of I ve tried the DVI - gt VGA cable and also the DVI-D two-way cable with my monitor which has both a vga and a DVI-D socket When connected to the graphics card my monitor does not receive anything and goes remains in standby mode The vga output from the motherboard still functions fine I ve scoured online forums and the AMD support site to no avail Can you help SYSINFO ---- OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name MIDGAR System Manufacturer Gateway System Model SX System Type x -based PC Processor AMD Phenom tm Triple-Core Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD P -A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot BUILT-IN GRAPHICS --- Name NVIDIA GeForce PNP Device ID PCI VEN DE amp DEV B amp SUBSYS amp REV A amp B D amp amp Adapter Type GeForce NVIDIA compatible Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce Adapter RAM MB bytes Installed Drivers nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver Version INF File oem inf Section section Color Planes Not Available Color Table Entries Resolution x x hertz Bits Pixel Memory Address xFB - xFCFFFFFF Memory Address xD - xE FFFFFF Memory Address xE - xE FFFFFF I O Port x BC - x BC F IRQ Channel IRQ I O Port x B - x DF I O Port x C - x DF Memory Address xA - xBFFFF Driver c windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys MB bytes AM Thanks you guys are the best nbsp

A:Not detecting Radeon HD 4850 graphics card -- even though it has worked before.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-detecting-radeon-hd-4850-graphics-card-even-though-it-has-worked-before.1064857/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello, for some reason my Dell XPS 15 L502x is not detecting my NVIDIA graphics card. I have tried uninstalling the PCI Express Root Port in the Device Manager and rebooting, and that did not work. I also tried completely uninstalling the Intel HD Integrated Graphics (and drivers) and rebooting, and that has not worked either. I have tried updating the BIOS and that has not worked. I am unsure as to what the problem is. I bought the laptop summer 2011, and have never had a problem with it before. I am currently running Windows 8.

A:Dell XPS 15 L502x is not detecting NVIDIA Graphics Card

Hi pennkid88,
Welcome to the Community.
Turn off the system. Unplug the adapter and the battery. Press and hold power button for 10 seconds. Plugin the adapter. Press and hold Fn key and turn on the system. This will start the diagnostics on the system.
If the diagnostics pass with no error codes and the system is in warranty, send me the service tag and the name listed on the account in a private message.
Thanks & RegardsManshu S#iworkfordell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19515149
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey there,

So, I bought a new graphics card and installed it. Old card was a Nvidia Geforce 7900GS, new one is a Gigabyte Geforece Series 9500GT.

Now, my computer won't boot up, claiming 'reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device.'

I'm running XP. I can get into my Bios, but nothing seems to help. I CANNOT get into safe mode, no matter when I hit F8. I've read in some forums that sometimes the hard drive is not recognized, and this may be the case, since in my Bios Boot menu under HDD Broup Boot priority it says 'not installed'.

My old graphics card had a slot that the hard drive plugged into. The new one does not, but even switching back to the old does not help.

Any ideas?

A:Can't boot after graphics card installation/Bios not detecting HDD?

"My old graphics card had a slot that the hard drive plugged into"... Are you talking about a black, black, red, yellow 4-wire power plug? You need to make sure you plug this back into the hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-boot-after-graphics-card-installation-bios-not-detecting-hdd.124263/
Relevancy 53.32%

am using hp pavilion g6-1157se laptop .there two graphic on this board one is intel family and radeon. while using photoshop and premior pro there is an issue graphics not support all software are detecting by intel .pls give any options pls

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/graphics-not-detecting/td-p/5783907
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I have a EVGA e-GeForce 7600GT 256 MB PCIe Video Card which supports the SLI technology allowing me to link up 2 or more graphics cards for greater performance. Now this card has DDR3 memory. I wanted to know if I can link it up with a DDR2 memory graphics card which also supports SLI. If I can, how will this difference affect performance?

A:Linking a DDR2 memory graphics card with DDR3 SLI graphics card?

Now this card has DDR3 memoryClick to expand...

Which card?? "A card with DDR3 memory", or "A thingy with a red switch on it" tell us just as much.
But if it's not another 7600 GT you're trying to SLi, just forget it, especially if you're going to buy the other card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linking-a-ddr2-memory-graphics-card-with-ddr3-sli-graphics-card.890912/
Relevancy 52.89%

Ok here goes my first thread I run a Nvidia Cards Not Both Detecting - Graphics 2 GTX 2 Graphics Cards - Not Detecting Both Works flawlessly even if i use 2 Graphics Cards - Not Detecting Both both ports on the back to use dual monitors If however i plug my Nvidia GT in the second PCI-E x Slot the computer only recognizes the GT which is in the second port and there is no GTX showing in the Device Manager or Boot Menu So basically i plug in my second video card and my primary card just vanishes from the computer like 2 Graphics Cards - Not Detecting Both its not even there Has anyone got an idea what could be the cause of this I have checked the drivers and its the same drivers at the moment for the GT and the GTX I want to be able to run my quot Widescreen Monitor on my GTX and use my GT Card for my tiny quot Screen so i can play Games on my Primary card and be able to have Website open and viewable all the same I'm not trying to run SLi as i know you need of the same GPU and your motherboard needs to be able to support it I don't like SLi so its all good so far I've tried many things but now i'm out of ideas and i'm here asking for help Kind Regards Krimian

A:2 Graphics Cards - Not Detecting Both

Welcome to the Seven Forums

Well only thing I can think of quickly off the top of my head is your power supply.

I've done a quick search of your PSU, and if I'm looking at the right one, how are you setting up your graphic cards? Your PSU only has one 6 pin PCI-E connector, and the GTX275 has two 6 pin ports on it, and the 8800GT requires a 6 pin connector in it, too.

So when you plug the 8800GT in, the GTX275 isn't getting enough power with only the one 6 pin connector powering it.

That's only if I'm looking at the right PSU. I've looked at it on a few websites and they all say it just has 1 6 pin connector, or are you powering it with molex-to-6 pin?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/28933-2-graphics-cards-not-detecting-both.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I recently bought a barebones kit and I've got it working(mostly). The motherboard has an ATI Radeon HD 3000 integrated graphics but Windows isn't picking it up.

It's showing Windows Basic display adapter, I've tried a trick from an earlier thread, (Microsoft Basic Display Adapter), but it's still not working. it's saying best driver in use.

Help and a swift response would be appreciated.

A:Windows 8.1 not detecting integrated graphics

I found the proper drivers after a google search.

I feel like a moron.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/64642-windows-8-1-not-detecting-integrated-graphics.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Can i install a tv tuner card (psi) and a graphics card (agp) at the same time?
Also how to I disable shared graphics? I am running Windows XP

A:TV Tuner Card, Graphics card, Disabling Shared Graphics

RichardB49 said:

Can i install a tv tuner card (psi) and a graphics card (agp) at the same time?
Also how to I disable shared graphics? I am running Windows XPClick to expand...

You sure can!!,not sure what you mean by shared graphics though

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tv-tuner-card-graphics-card-disabling-shared-graphics.336971/
Relevancy 51.6%

My graphics display suddenly stopped for my computer. My PC is not even recognising my monitor, I tested my monitor with some other PC's and it is working properly. I though graphics card not working.??

But since my existing graphics card is gone and there is no on board graphics card on my PC I am not able to uninstall existing graphics card and install new one.

Could some one please suggest me what to do in this situation to see some thing in monitor so that in can start doing Uninstall/Installtions.?

Thank you very much for your replies in advance. I really apprecite it.

Thanks
Satish.

A:How to install graphics card when the existing graphics card in not working.

You could always stick the new one in and boot up in safe mode. Then proceed to uninstall all the remnant drivers. That *shouldn't* cause any problems, but it may be choppy when you boot up.(I've had this happen before, swapping a Riva TNT2 for a GF6600).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-install-graphics-card-when-the-existing-graphics-card-in-not-working.54327/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi for the last months ive been trying to fix a but Nvidia Random not card with restarts card graphics graphics AMD problem that ive been having with my computer about months ago I did a major pc upgrade where i replaced my motherboard processor ram heat sink power supply and case the only things I used from the original computer where HDD's SDD and my AMD radeon HD gb Now ive have the most strange issue where i can be watching a video off the HDD or surfing the web on youtube etc and not long after I Random restarts with AMD graphics card but not Nvidia graphics card start the activity my computer will turn off like if I had flicked the switch on the back of the power supply and then it boots back up again and will run fine until i start up an activity again and then it does exactly the same thing and reboots there is no BSOD shown nor Dumps Created Ive tried many things to sort this out and have RMA'ed the power supply and the motherboard the motherboard wasn't a direct replacement as they didn't sell my original board anymore which was a gigabyte ga-x -ud now i have an asus p x deluxe I have tried only plugging in one HDD SSD and then tried a spare HDD when that failed i have tried one ram stick at a time and still nothing now heres where it gets strange whilst trying to rule out differnt hardware i switched my AMD card out for a very old mb pcie x nvidia graphics and since then my computer has been running marvelously i can have it playing videos for hours days even although i havent properly tested for days and not a single problem at all The main difference between the cards is obiously one is nvidia and the other is AMD the nvidia one doesn't require any form of external power from the power supply where as the AMD one requires pin connectors and the AMD card is Massively more powerful when compared to the nvidia one the AMD one can run Practically all new titles on max with ease whereas the nividia card struggles to play gta sa on medium so i think ive narrowed it down to a driver error with amd and another driver with my new board a damaged AMD card a second dodgy power supply or something else that i haven't thought about or discovered yet Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggetions as im pretty much all out of ideas at this point and its starting to grind my gears that i cant use my expensive new computer as it should be Any help is appreciated Joe P S sorry about any spelling or punctuation mistakes made but Im very tired at the time of writing this and will be going to bed

A:Random restarts with AMD graphics card but not Nvidia graphics card

Quote: Originally Posted by cannotdisplay64

so i think ive narrowed it down to a driver error with amd and another driver with my new board, a damaged AMD card, a second dodgy power supply or something else that i haven't thought about or discovered yet.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggetions as im pretty much all out of ideas at this point and its starting to grind my gears that i cant use my expensive new computer as it should be. Any help is appreciated.

Joe

P.S. sorry about any spelling or punctuation mistakes made but Im very tired at the time of writing this and will be going to bed

The comparison you are making between GPU brands is pointless as a diagnostic. The MAIN difference I can see is that one card requires external power, and the other one does not. A proper diagnostic would be to test another GPU that requires external power.

I've heard that the specific PSU you bought will sometimes not power all the hardware it is supposed so.
People saying it could barely power a SSD, or even an extra fan.

My thoughts. Try using another PSU, try using a similar GPU. Use your old PSU and see if it still happens for starters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/276583-random-restarts-amd-graphics-card-but-not-nvidia-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 49.88%

ASUS GT240 graphics card "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD" Can anyone help me with this error message? I can hear the windows startup sound but it shows no display so i plugged the cable into the motherboad and an error box opend wich stated "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD" with no additional information. I searched online and found that asus smart doctor can cause this and they recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the drivers to fix this problem but the pc is not picking up the graphics card to reinstall all the needed drivers. I also found people with the same problem and after they did a clean install of windows7/vista and all the drivers the error box still appeared. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

A:ASUS GT240 graphics card "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD"

Do you have the PCIe set as first to initialize in the BIOS? Also, have you tried the card in another slot on the MoBo? Have you tried cleaning out the slot with canned air? Have you tried using a pencil eraser to gently clean the contacts in the GPU where it plugs into the PCIe?

And please, thoroughly fill out your System Specs by clicking on the tab under your post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/228579-asus-gt240-graphics-card-error-can-not-find-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I just installed my graphics card and it hasnt changed performance much My intregrated card uses mb ram I think I have mb ram and it still says mb ram card my My is graphics intregrated graphics messing card with new after installing the new card it did not free it up I guess the old controller is messing with it In the device manager I disabled the display adapter before installing the new card However My intregrated graphics card is messing with my new graphics card it was a nvidia controller and there is lots of nvidia stuff in the device manager since my new card is using nvidia My intregrated graphics card is messing with my new graphics card software also I really dont know what else to to disable or uninstall The display adapter is now the new card that part is working I guess The card I just installed is d fuzion Specifications GPU NVIDIA GeForce MX Bus Type PCI Memory MB here is the link to more specifications http www dfuzion com cards pci asp These are the specifications on my computer Microsoft windows xp home edition version service pack Emachines T AMD Athlon processor ghz it says mb ram tho I have mb and mb rams sticks in it nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I have new dell with ATI RadeonTM X300.. it supports 2 display mode.. I was wondering is it better to use one graphics card with dual screen.. or having two graphics card on same system. I have extra dual head GeForce FX5500 from my old system.

I am using system for video editing and graphics.

thanks for any help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-dual-head-graphics-card-vs-two-graphics-card.456202/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey, recently, I have came up with an idea of a fourth monitor, but my GPU (970) supports only three, which ones that I own. It has fourth one but I don't have the right cables for it for now.
I noticed that my motherboard has two open video ports, one being VGA which I needed. So, I tried just plugging it in and seeing what happens but it doesn't seem to work, I have tried looking for results around the internet and BIOS but they don't seem to work. The three monitors which I have plugged into my GPU, work perfectly fine, but, as I said, the motherboard's VGA port doesn't work. I have heard that such thing definitely is possible, but I cannot find out what I need to do.

Does anyone have an answer to this?

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/46662-z97-use-integrated-graphics-card-along-external-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I have a ATI Radeon Mobility 3450 HD, but recently I screwed something up when trying to reinstall drivers and now my display settings don't recognize my adapter type.
I didn't realize this until I was trying to hook my tv up to my laptop, and the closest restore point is too long ago so I was wondering if there was a way to detect my adapter type. Thanks.

A:Monitor not detecting gfx card

Quote: Originally Posted by bart3215

Hi, I have a ATI Radeon Mobility 3450 HD, but recently I screwed something up when trying to reinstall drivers and now my display settings don't recognize my adapter type.

I didn't realize this until I was trying to hook my tv up to my laptop, and the closest restore point is too long ago so I was wondering if there was a way to detect my adapter type. Thanks.

Sorry you are having issues bart!

It sure looks like you need to reinstall the driver. However there are many companies that make AIT graphics cards under license from ATI. Who is the manufacturer of your card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/78566-monitor-not-detecting-gfx-card.html
Relevancy 49.02%

In Windows XP SP3 while installing the eithernet card drivers it is showing the error messaga of
installer can't find atheros L1 ethernet controller on your system. And my CPU back side
eithernet light is always showing on while iam removing wire r not. in BIOS also LAN is enabled mode
only so give me suggestion..

Thanking you.

Relevancy 49.02%

So its been 3 weeks since i got my dell 7559, for gaming and now out of no where one day couple of problems starting happening, first my keyboard  dosent response during login, then somehow my graphic card is disabled and not working.And i cant even start its previois driver, so i try and did every possible soultion on the internet that i can find,but still mycard isnt readed yet.
If therer any DEVs here,guys please help, its not haven been a month and i am already having soo many problems

A:Graphic card is not detecting

Hi Shubham meena96,
Thank you fro reaching out to Dell Community Forum.
Was there any recent software updates before this issue started?
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id, so that we can check on the configuration.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995223
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an old toshiba tecra m2 with linux and windows 7 (for itunes and the like). Linux (ubuntu) detected my audio and wan card automatically, but se7en can't. I'm running windows update right now, but where may I find the drivers?

Relevancy 49.02%

i have 950 xl dual sim, i have 2 micro sd cards of san disk, both are working good in my old cell phone but when i put them into my 950 xl , it not working,
i can see the the message there are not any readable items..
i downloaded some videos in my phone but i can not play them even though i have cc player and vlc player in my phone...
can u please help me ...

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435436-why-my-950-xl-dual-sim-do-not-detecting-any-sd-card.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello i have this little thing I have a microsd card with it It all started off yesterday before that everything was fine I putted it in my pc and was adding about files to a gb microsd card Then the window said quot not responding quot I spammed the quot x quot to close it and then said that explorer exe crashed I restarted the pc and I went to quot my computer quot but it wasn't there I took card Not 2.0 USB detecting - - Microsd it out putted it in again no luck I was putting it in and out cleaning it etc and still no luck I reformated my windows and it came up I clicked to see the files inside but it said quot please put a disk into the quot bla bla bla So i went to computer management to reformat it But then when i went to disk management it didnt show up anything I'm really confused now I dont want to buy another one of these I tried it on the laptop and the laptop bsod problems same as mine http answers yahoo com question in AAHxO F

A:Microsd card - USB 2.0 - Not detecting

Hi,

Just a quick note, have you tried it in a different USB port to see if it may be the port that's faulty?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/158884-microsd-card-usb-2-0-not-detecting.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So, i had this problem a few weeks ago when i was on windows 8 and i changed something in the bios and it started working but i changed to windows 7 a few days ago and i had the same problem again so i have been changing everything i can in the bios to try and get it to work but it doesnt, i have installed all drivers from my motherboard and i tried to install the tp link driver but it just says that it cannot detect a card and one should be put in.
Network card:TP LINK WDN4800
Mobo: Gigabyte z97-D3H
CPU: Intel i5 4690k
PSU: PSU: Corsair Builder CXM 600W
GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming
RAM: 2x4GB GSkill Ares

A:Windows 7 not detecting Wireless card

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .... Try Re-seating the Wireless Card ...

Did you also Install the Hotfix from the Motherboard Website ? ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/359127-windows-7-not-detecting-wireless-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So, I've been trying to play a game (Shatter) that requires a video card with higher standards then the one built into my Inspiron 530 (G33/G31 Chipset Family). I decided to buy a new Nvidia video card (Nvidia GeForce 5600 AGP 256MB). I got it into the PCI slot (it did seem hard to get in) and now the device manager will not show the card. Any suggestions? I'd greatly appreciate it.

A:PCI slot not detecting video card

Welcome
Did you install the correct and most up to date driver?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/290383-pci-slot-not-detecting-video-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I have a old sony vaio with windows 98 on it. everything works fine but the laptop can't detect my network card. I have a Xicom Realport Ethernet 10/100+modem 56 REM56G. It's old and out dated but I can't get a LAN connection. I formated a while ago wiht windows 2000 and that o/s detected the ethernet card and i was able to connect on line automatically. But windows 2000 doesn't work that well on my laptop being on mmx technology, so I formated again with windows98. I don't know how to get it to detect the card so i can get online....please help...ask some more questions of u need them to help me out...thanks....

A:windows 98 not detecting ethernet card

You need to load the drivers for the PCMCIA controller and the NIC before it'll be recognized by Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-98-not-detecting-ethernet-card.569132/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everybody.

I have a compaq v5000 notebook. With a broadcom 802.11 b/g wlan wireless built in. About 3 days ago it stopped detecting any access points except an unsecured computer to computer network named "CMU" which isn't much help at all

Now I know the Access points exist because when I scan for them on my PSP (Playstation Portable) it can detect and connect to the access points flawlessly.

Anybody have any ideas as to what is happening? I hope my wireless card isnt dying or anything like that.

A:Wireless card not detecting wifi

Try a system restore to before the problem occured.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-card-not-detecting-wifi.674168/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everyone,I recently received my new Z640, and I having issues with detecting one PCie card that works perfectly on my "old" desktop PC (ASUS P5Q-E Motherboard). The affected PCIe card is an LSI SAS HBA 1068, where I have attached one LTO4 Tape. The BIOS is not detecting the card on any of the PCIe (it's a PCIe 8x) slots from the new Z640. I've tried to update BIOS/Firmware on the Z640 but it's still not working.Any ideas/suggestions? Do you know if there is any hardware/BIOS limitation for old/legacy cards??Best Regards,Jose Manuel Carballo

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z640-not-detecting-PCIe-SAS-HBA-Card/td-p/5670453
Relevancy 48.59%

right peeps sorry to be a pain again! but my toshiba satellite pro 430 cdt laptop (40 gig HDD/windows 98se) is failing to detect my usb 2.0 high speed card bus adaptor! i have installed all of the drivers that are on the cd but it still doesnt want to work???? i know the pcmcia card slot is working because if i try my 56k modem card in the slot it detects that! anyone got any help/advice please???

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-not-detecting-pcmcia-usb-card-bus.23192/
Relevancy 48.59%

When I had windows vista my TV card was working perfectly. For some reason, after installing windows 7 I cant seem to install the drivers. Every time I try to install using the driver CD it fails saying that the hardware is not present. I cant see the TV Card in devices manager, but when I go to control Panel and click on printers and other devices I see it under "unspecified devices". Could someone please let me know how to solve this? Many thanks in advance

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys First off I should say that I am at a beginner level and even though I would say I know more than the average Joe compared to you guys I am but a blip on the radar Ok so here s my problem About - months ago I left my computer with my brother in Kansas City and before I get to ahead of myself this is a hand built computer No one component is from any direct maker such as Dell They Detecting Wireless Card Computer Not N are all different hand picked parts from a guy that built it as I just forwarded the money Ok so as I was saying is that I left the computer in his care and I know when I left it that everything worked fine However I noticed Computer Not Detecting Wireless N Card that when I got the computer back months later after it being shipped to Arizona that the Wireless N card was not being picked up by the computer at all Pushing past all the magnitude of dust left behind from the computer being in his closet I noticed that nothing was disconnected I find this Computer Not Detecting Wireless N Card a little weird as I said before it was all working Can someone or anyone tell me what I would have to do in order for my computer to once again recognize that I have a wireless n card already built into the machine Thanks again and I hope I can be of any assistance nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Everyone

I am using a HP laptop with windows 7 (32bit)OS .Recently i installed vmware workstation(windows 2003 server),then the problem started.My Data card is not detecting when i insert it into a USB Drive,it's keep on saying initializing Tata Photon.Now am unable to access internet.Please give the solution,Thanks.

A:Data Card is not detecting in windows 7

Welcome to Seven Forums kreddysana.
I am assuming by Data card you mean a wireless internet connection device. Try turning the vmware off and inserting it, then restart vmware. You may check for updated drivers/firmware for the Tata Photon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/173260-data-card-not-detecting-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I just recently purchased an FX5200 Video Card from MSI. I bought it so I could use my monitor that has a DVI-I input cable. After installing the video card and plugging in the monitor, nothing happens. How do I get my destop to show up on the noew monitor. Is there an option somewhere where I need to tell my computer to look for that monitor????

A:New vidoe card not detecting monitor

You shouldn't have to tell the computer to look for the monitor. If you installed the video card correctly it should work. Before you installed the new card did you follow the instructions step by step removing everything to do with your old card? Also, is your video card seated correctly in its slot? Does your system beep when you turn it on? There's many things that could be wrong here. Some video cards require their own power supply to them. If this is the case did you power it from your PSU? And lastly, if you've done everything correctly the video card might be damaged and you need a new one.

Let me know what happens

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-vidoe-card-not-detecting-monitor.60403/
Relevancy 48.59%

I've got an AMD Radeon HD 7800 video card with two DVI slots. I've also got two monitors, each of which has a VGA -> DVI adapter on it. Each of these monitors works just fine when I plug them into the first DVI slot on the video card, but neither will work when I plug it into the second slot, either simultaneously or one at a time. I have tried plugging both of them in, in both configurations, and hit Detect Display in the control panel, and it never detects a second display. I have used multiple monitors in the past when one screen was connected to the video card and the second was connected to the motherboard, so the issue somehow seems to be with the video card? Am I missing something?

A:Video card not detecting second monitor

The reason that they are not being detected on the second DVI port is because the port is DVI-D (digital only), where the first is DVI-I (digital and analogue),

Digital Visual Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unfortunately the only fix is monitors with DVI (or HDMI) ports, or try and find a DVI to VGA converter (not to be confused with the adapter you are using).

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/332205-video-card-not-detecting-second-monitor.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Guys,

So I have an Acer Aspire 17" AS7739G-6647 Which runs the Optimus Technology on a Geforce GT520M and the onboard Intel GPU.
I have reinstalled my operating system which is Windows 7 64bit and now it runs solely off the inter card the nvidia shows as a standard vga graphics.
Also in device manager the standard vga graphics shows are "this device is unable to start"Code 10.
I have got the manufactures acer drivers as well as the nvidia drivers for this card and both come to the same error message
"Graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"

I wanted to disable the intel in the bios to see if thsi would work but Acer have a very limited bios and no options to change hardware.
Any one have this problem or even more so does anyone know how to fix it??

Thanks & regards
Ruairi

A:Reinstallation not detecting Nvidia Card

Hello, have you installed the chipset driver. I would also install the sound driver and video driver after the chipset driver.
I'm pretty sure you only either have the Intel or the nvidia not both, so you need to find out which one you have and install that driver.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426037/reinstallation-not-detecting-nvidia-card/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi So recently i purchased a HP ProBook H Q EA with video not second card 470 probook detecting Intel HD and AMD Radeon M switchable graphics The laptop came with Linux OS but I formated my disk and installed Windows x My laptop is working fine now since I installed probook 470 not detecting second video card all probook 470 not detecting second video card new drivers and updates Drivers I could not probook 470 not detecting second video card find were installed by HP Support Assistant Laptop is running perfectly but I have one problem A D program I use for modeling and rendering does not recognize my AMD Radeon card but only Intel HD I even installed a few video games and in options section of every game I can see only Intel HD I did set those aplications to high performance in CCC but programs still don't detect my second video card And yes I installed latest drivers and upgraded BIOS And please just don't tell me that you cannot choose which graphics card will run and that your laptop uses Inel HD all the time and AMD Radeon when necessarry because I can't play Skyrim on low settings and I should play it fine on medium with M I wanted to try to factory restore my laptop but HP Recovery Manager is missing from my system I didn't format my recovery partition - I kept it but when I try to boot from that partition I get an error Could not stat device dev sda - No such file or directory So is there any way to make my AMD Radeon M useful without factory restore or if not how can I factory restore it now without ordering restore disks from HP Thanks in advance

A:probook 470 not detecting second video card

Hello vedador Welcome to the HP Forums I hope you enjoy your experience! I understand you are having issues with your AMD video card not activating or recognizing when it should on. I would like to assist you with this issue. Probably the most important thing to ensure is that you are running the correct drivers for Windows 8.1 on your computer. The proper driver for you to be running is the ATI Video Driver and Control Panel. I would recommend that you download and install this driver and see if the problem persists. I believe this will resolve your issue. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/probook-470-not-detecting-second-video-card/td-p/3289493
Relevancy 48.59%

I just took the SD card out of my camera, and put it in the card slot of my laptop, like I always do, and for some reason this time Windows can't detect it.

I tried rebooting, which didn't help. I also tried putting the slot into another laptop running Windows 7, and it detected the card just fine. I'm not using a card reader - just putting the card directly into the slot. This is the first time I've had any trouble with it.

Ideas?

Thanks!

A:Windows no longer detecting SD card

Welcome to the forums.

The card slot might just have some dust in it, or the contacts are dirty. Try blowing into it forcefully, or use a can of compressed air to blow it out and see if that helps.

You can also open Device Manager and look for the SD card reader and see if it has any issues, like a yellow triangle next to it. If so, post back and we'll see what we can do.

My laptop is fussy about SD cards, too. I have to wiggle my SD card to get it to detect it. That's usually caused by worn contacts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/329354-windows-no-longer-detecting-sd-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

If my motherboard currently has an intigrated graphics card, but has a PCI-E slot, do I need to do anything special after inserteing my graphics card and installing the drivers, or should it just work right away?

A:How do you switch from an integrated graphics card to an "external" graphics card?

Most modern PCs will detect the new installation of the PCI graphics card and automatically disable the onboard graphics, so yes it should just work.

If for some reason you have problems, you may have to make a change in the bios, I cannot be more specific because each bios is different depending on manufacturer, and model of the motherboard.

Install the card, connect your monitor to it and boot up, when you get into Windows install the driver and reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-switch-from-an-integrated-graphics-card-to-an-external-graphics-card.922726/
Relevancy 48.16%

i bought a new sdhc card reader for my sdhc 4gb card,, on inserting ,, The windows 7 neither detect nor appeared as removable disc on my computer,, although all the driver softwares are up to date.....

A:windows 7 not detecting sdhc card reader

Hi prateek133,Welcome to the forums, Have you tried the sdhc card reader in a different PC? It is not uknown for a new device to be faulty !! Was the software supplied with the reader ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/217107-windows-7-not-detecting-sdhc-card-reader.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Evening Everyone

I have just given my Mum an old Dell desktop computer of mine. She has BT Broadband with a Homehub. I have connected everything up and installed the Homehub software on the computer but when it tries to search for the network connection via the BT software, it keeps saying the network card can not be detected. The network cable is plugged in and working. All the drivers are up to date.

What's wrong with it???

Cheers

Sammo

Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Gateway computer. After having a new DSL box and their software installed, the computer does not detect the printer or camera memory card. I have talked online with 4 techs, they have all had me do the same thing (delete all USB and reinstall the printer software) and it has not corrected the problem. Any suggestions on what is the problem?

A:Computer not detecting printer or memory card

When there are USB issues such as yours, one of our local heroes, John Will provides this solution:

"First step, Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore. Create a restore point and name it something like "Before USB Fix". This is to bail you out if something goes wrong during the following process and makes things worse.

Create a file with NOTEPAD containing the following lines and save it as FIX.REG
-------------------------- Use text after this line --------------------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]

"DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES"="1"
-------------------------- Use text before this line --------------------------------

Double click on FIX.REG and say yes to the Merge Into Registry question.

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Disk Drives that you know are not present.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

NOTE: If you have a USB keyboard and/or mouse, you'll have to modify the instructions and leave enough parts for those to function. I don't have one yet, so I haven't had time to modify the instructions."

Give it a shot!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-detecting-printer-or-memory-card.572571/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello all What seems to have happened over night my integrated wireless is no longer working stating that it doesn t detect any wireless networks within range I know this isn t true due to the fact my PS and Android phone both detect all the networks just fine I tried going into device manager to see if anything wasn t up and working properly I went into my wireless card and it says that it is working properly obviously a lying jerk Before anyone says it yes I ve tried repairing my network Yes the switch is on Yes I ve restarted Wireless no longer detecting networks card Yes I ve turned the switch on and off I ran ipconfig in the command Wireless card no longer detecting networks prompt and didn t seem to see the wireless come up but the ethernet is detected which is something that is not plugged in or in use I use wireless that my neighbor and I share And etaf that IS legal being that we live in a duplex house and share the bill So don t close my thread I m not a moron I know what s legal and what s not I ve looked into it and the provider said it was fine Like I said it seems to have happened over night I didn t make any changes to my operating system or anything like that As of lately I haven t even been Wireless card no longer detecting networks putting it to extensive use other than the standard paper writing and sometimes frowned upon web activity Could this be a spyware related issue I have symantec Endpoint Protection running always and always updated Any help would be appreciated The sooner the better I have a research paper due tomorrow nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Recently transfered my 'Belkin G+' card into a new pc but for some reason it's not being detected. Nothing new appears on device manager and the driver installer doesnt detect it either.

Using an Asus P5KPL-C/1600 mobo, xp sp3. Tried different slots but no change whatsoever, any help or tips would be great.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-detecting-belkin-wireless-pci-card.717771/
Relevancy 48.16%

so im using vista and i have the nvidia gforce 8500 installed in my computer i have installed all the drivers and it still wont register my card it is stuck on the vga standard and dosent give me the option to switch i have restarted my computer and uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them but nothing seems to work please help.

A:isnt detecting my gforce 8500 gt card

uninstall the card and then boot to safemode, run a driver cleaner (Guru3D - Driver Sweeper (Setup) download from Guru3D.com) then reboot and reinstall the driver package from the maker of the card also at the same time its worth updating microsoft directx,
Microsoft DirectX
make sure while reinstalling you have turned off any antivirus software and maybe vistas user account control if needed.
if the card still will not display any higher resolutions try to borrow/install another card to see if your one is faulty.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/280213-isnt-detecting-my-gforce-8500-gt-card.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello all What seems to have happened over night my integrated wireless is no longer working stating that it doesn t detect any wireless networks within range I know this isn t true due to the fact my PS and Android phone both detect all the networks just fine I tried going into device manager to see if anything wasn t up and working properly I went into my wireless card and it says that it is working properly obviously a lying networks no Wireless detecting card longer jerk Before anyone says it yes I ve tried repairing my network Yes the switch is on Yes I ve restarted Yes I ve turned the switch on and off I ran ipconfig in the command prompt and didn t seem to see the wireless come up but the ethernet is detected which is something that is not Wireless card no longer detecting networks plugged in or in use I use wireless that my neighbor and I share Like I said it seems to have happened over night I didn t make any changes to my operating system or anything like that As of lately I haven t even been putting it to extensive use other than the standard paper writing and sometimes frowned upon web activity Could this be a spyware related issue I have symantec Endpoint Protection running always and always updated Any help would be appreciated The sooner the better I have a research paper due tomorrow nbsp

A:Wireless card no longer detecting networks

I use wireless that my neighbor and I share.)Click to expand...

Sorry you cant do that - its against the ISP rules to piggyback wireless and use in more then one premises - so I will have to close the post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-card-no-longer-detecting-networks.962582/
Relevancy 48.16%

Windows Vista Home Premium bit EVGA E-Geforce gtx mb -- AMD FX- ghz gb PC DDR -- Every time I install vista and it does the performance check my graphics score Video Card not (nVidia) detecting Vista is I ve tried setting it to automatically install all updates and I ve tried setting it to only install critical updates Every time I go to install drivers for my video card nVidia series win vista bit it stops and says the install program could not locate drivers compatible with my current hardware After I closed it the Program compatability wizard popped up so I selected quot install using different settings quot or whatever that option is when something fails to install The install failed in the same spot this time telling me the version of vista I was using was not bit I m guessing said compatability wizard sets it Vista not detecting Video Card (nVidia) to a different version to try to get the install to work Anyway this isn t the first time I ve had this problem I tried installing vista about months ago same problem I searched for a few days and finally gave up I decided to try installing again because of a guide in PC Gamer magazine about dual booting vista beside xp on different partitions My question is How do I get Vista to detect my I ve installed all the updates the Vista not detecting Video Card (nVidia) automatic updater listed I ve searched extensively Most forum search Vista not detecting Video Card (nVidia) functions are rubbish that or I m using the wrong keywords Google searching failed Closest thing to what I m actually looking for was a Yahoo Answers question In that case it was someone who had bought a dell who needed to go to the dell website and download drivers there I don t have a Dell but I did go there and tried to install those drivers too Vista tech support is going to cost me like bucks for an inquiry EVGA tech support requires a serial number that I don t have Nvidia forums have page threads and the search function produces nothing I can t read through pages of people posting about nonrelated problems I ll go insane If anyone can help I d greatly appreciate it All I need is for vista to say quot Hey look A video card Yes sir I ll tell those drivers to finish installing right away quot Note The card works perfectly fine in XP but in Vista its no go I m going to try safe mode see if I can install there Pretty sure I already tried this last time I installed vista though so we ll see Edit Nah safe mode does nothing still says it can t find compatible drivers for my card nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,I just loaded windows Xp pro ver 2002 service pack 2 onto my E - system computer and plugged juster AT-85 speakers in but when i go to play i get message bad sound driver error 88780078 - ive seen other people have this problem and got it fixed - ive tried rebooting and looking in device manager( i have two yellow question marks,PCI device and video contyroller(vga compatible)i have tried disabling and reloading these but it wont reload and goes back to yello w question mark.The computer says it also doesnt have a sound card but my old speakers worked prior to this.
CAn anybody help or am i being really thick?

A:Not detecting speakers - not finding any sound card

Did you reinstall your sound card driver?Try it!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/not-detecting-speakers-not-finding-any-sound-card-266466.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everyone I bought a refurb computer for my girlfriend See here and set everything up but can't seem to get the audio to work I tried plugging in a pair of speakers I had Durabrand UC- Channel USB Computer Speakers but no detection at all The audio driver is AMD High Definition Audio Device and is up to date working properly but says it's an HDMI Device New Sound not Computer: speakers. card detecting I have New Computer: Sound card not detecting speakers. no HDMI cables running from this computer at all so I'm wondering if there's any way I can install a sound driver that will actually utilize the audio jack ports on this PC I'm not sure what brand of motherboard I have on it but it has Intel Core Quad CPU Onboard Audio XFX One Radeon HD bought separately and installed GB RAM Windows Professional -Bit Sound doesn't work with my headphones either I have tried all audio jack ports So any suggestions might help EDIT The motherboard is not AMD and there are no default HDMI Ports so I'm presuming that the Graphics Card Driver overwrote the default sound driver since it's the only device with any HDMI Output at all how do I find out which driver I need to get for my sound card and then uninstall the one the graphics card added

A:New Computer: Sound card not detecting speakers.

Here is the drivers, from the HP site. http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/sit...hetoken#Driver - Audio

The Audio is ADI High Definition. Reinstall that and see if it helps. The "Speakers" must be set as the default audio playback device for the headphones to work. Not sure about USB speakers, I don't use USB speakers, I use "standard" analog speakers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/323045-new-computer-sound-card-not-detecting-speakers.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop which is installed with Vista. All of a sudden it is not detecting the wireless card. I can connect to the internet by connecting a cord directly to my router, but not wirelessly.

I tried doing a BIOS update and also took out and reseated the wireless card, but still does not show up under the device manager.

Would there be anything else wrong other than that the wireless card has gone bad. Is that a common thing to go bad on a computer?

The wireless card that was originally installed was a 802.11.g/b WLAN.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a website (other than HP) to purchase a compatible wireless card?

Thanks for any help!

Relevancy 48.16%

I recently bought a new video card - EVGA -A -N -LX GeForce LE MB -bit DDR AGP X Video Card - Retail and Also a GB RAM - pqi GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory - Retail I am running windows xp with RAM and I had a old geforce video card My problem is that when I put in Not Detecting Video 1GB RAM and Installed New Card Monitor the new video card and the ram it didn t start up It didn t Monitor Not Detecting Installed New Video Card and 1GB RAM detect my monitor I took both Monitor Not Detecting Installed New Video Card and 1GB RAM the objects out and tried again and it still wouldn t detect the monitor I tried plunging it on my on board monitor but that did not work either I used other monitors and that didn t work either I took out my batteries on my motherboard for around min but that didn t do anything either I have no idea on how to fix this problem I think something happened to my motherboard but I m not too sure I don t know much about hardware if anyone has any ideas on what I could do that would be awesome nbsp

A:Monitor Not Detecting Installed New Video Card and 1GB RAM

Try putting the old RAM and video card back in. If it works, it's not the motherboard. When you say "It didn't start up", do you mean your pc wouldn't boot, or it booted and just wouldn't recognize the monitor??
It could be that your motherboard doesn't like the brand of RAM, or are you sure your board takes that specific manufacturer's RAM? Some boards are tricky and will only operate with a well know brand. Also, did you replace the RAM you had in it, or did you add to that RAM?? It could also be a bad video card as well. Try your original configuration first and then work your way up from there. This way, you can eliminate one possibility before moving on to the next one. If the original configuration works, try replacing the video card next with the new one BUT only use the original RAM. If that works, my bet is the new RAM is bad, or the mobo doesn't like the brand you purchased.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-detecting-installed-new-video-card-and-1gb-ram.90214/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey everyone I m in dire need computer to card up fine graphics Graphics post monitor, my doesn't boots any of some help with my PC The computer turns on fine and boots up can hear the windows start up tune Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine but I can t see anything on the monitor Here s the details I was playing a computer game on friday and during that it crashed I have no idea if this is when things started or not but I restarted and it was fine On sunday I had another crash only the screen flickered once or twice and there were green pixel lines going from top to bottom of the monitor about inches apart in a perfect pattern When I restarted there were no graphics on the monitor The light was flashing indicating it was on power saving mode I took the computer apart unplugged everything and put it all back together and for whatever reason it worked fine for about hours The next day I turned the computer on and it loaded fine but shortly after there was the return of the green pixel lines with the added addition of the top left corner of the screen being filled with green pixelated triangles in a perfect pattern These were flickering furiosly I tried restarting my computer and again I got no graphics posted to the monitor However the computer booted up fine and I heard the start up tune and minutes later I shut it down by pressing the quot Power Off quot button on my keyboard I tried another monitor and again got nothing I then tried taking the computer apart and putting it back together again only this time it didn t help I ve taken my graphics card out put it back in used both the monitor cable ports left the computer off all night without the power cable in and I can t get anywhere I ve taken my old card GeForce GTX out and borrowed my landlords GTX which is working fine at the moment I would go and buy a new card but I don t want to risk this happening again if I don t know why it s happening Fingers crossed I don t break my landlords graphics card by putting it in my pc I would like to know what s causing this if it is my graphics card or whether my motherboard will just start eating future graphics cards A friend of mine had a scenario not long ago where his motherboard kept breaking his graphics cards some how How would I know it would be safe to splash out on a new card My computer worked fine for years until now I d also like to point out that the fans didn t go into faster mode at any point they all remained pretty calm so I don t think it was overheating My computer s spec is OS Windows XP GPU GeForce gtx DVD Sony DVD-RW Q A Networking Nvidia nForce Networking Controller Processor Intel r Core tm Quad CPU GHz Motherboard nForce i SLI PSU Enermax Galaxy watt Thank you everyone nbsp

A:Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine

Its usually just the graphics cards, they do fail especially if they overheat - then video card fan not speeding up might have been the problem - most are dynamic and should actually speed up under load. Depending on the manufacturer of your 8800GTX you might be able to get it replaced under warranty if they have a 3 year or greater warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-post-any-graphics-to-my-monitor-computer-boots-up-fine.843395/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi My name is Apoorva I am from India Now I would like to know the basic difference in terms of performance for an onboard graphics card and an external graphics card for a Laptop What could be a major difference Also for Onboard graphics it is said on all the branded website that the size of it is upto MB shared So say for instance if I go between External graphics Graphics Shared) Card Difference (384MB (128/256M & Onboard for an external graphics card for a new Difference between Onboard graphics (384MB Shared) & External Graphics Card (128/256M laptop which I am planning to purchase and the size of this external graphic card is MB or MB Difference between Onboard graphics (384MB Shared) & External Graphics Card (128/256M and as Onboard graphic card already provides MB shared memory therefore the question is that how could that external graphics card sizing MB deliver better performance as compared to Onbard graphics which sizes MB shared Also how are the new laptops launched by HP in India in terms of performance mobility amp stability The Laptop which I am looking for falls under series and is a business series laptop Waiting eagerly for a reply Apoorva nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/difference-between-onboard-graphics-384mb-shared-external-graphics-card-128-256m.702994/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi

Does anyone know a good Graphics card for use for medium gaming, but mostly on using Adobe Software, for example, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Please find below link to Upgrade options I'm looking at for my old PC:
http://www.novatech.co.uk:80/novatech/specpage.html?MBB-N43051

Recomended the entry level 6600GT lineup for Gaming

I'll list too, in case break in link:

Processor: Athlon 64 3000
Heatsink and Fan: Original Manufacturer
Memory: 1x 512MB 184 PIN 2.5V 400MHZ
Motherboard: NF4UK8AA-8EKRS
Socket Type: 939
Memory Slots: 4x DDR
Chipset: NVIDIA nForce4 (CK8-04) Ultra
AGP Slots N/A
16x PCI-Express Slots 1
1x PCI-Express Slots 2
PCI Slots: 4
CNR Slots: N/A
Onboard Sound: 7.1 channel AC97 (Realtek)
LAN: Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000) MAC + PHY (Vitesse)
Onboard Graphics: No
USB Ports: 4
Parallel Ports: 1
Serial Ports: 1
Form Factor: ATX

Look forward to hearing on your advise, Best Regards

A:Whats a Good Graphics card for Gaming and using Adobe Software-Graphics

I've done a lot of research on this because I built a new system back in August. While I am not much of a gamer, I needed a very good NLE machine. However, the card I chose is quite the gamer card but had all the extras I needed to run Adobe Video Collection.

I picked the Connect 3D Radeon X850XT Platinum card from Tigerdirect. At the time it was $350 but I know it's cheaper now. It's got everything you need for a demanding application like Premiere Pro 1.5 and its related software. 256MB of GDDR3 memory and dual DVI outs. I highly recommend this card. I've been using it since the start of September with Adobe and it's great.

Your CPU and memory are a bit more of an important factor with rendering and burning though. My new PC has a 3.4Ghz P4 and 2GB of 533Mhz dual channel RAM. It's an exceptional increase in speed and productivity over my old 2.4Ghz and 512 Rambus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-a-good-graphics-card-for-gaming-and-using-adobe-software-graphics.37997/
Relevancy 47.73%

I m having a problem others seem to encouter but can t get it resolved I bought a ATI Radeon X Pro MB PCI-E card I have an Emachine T computer with built in ati xpress Specs found herehttp www emachines com support product support html cat desktop amp subcat T-Series amp model T My problem graphics on new installing card Emachine/onboard-graphics Problem is after installing the card my computer doesn t recognize the hardware As soon as I put Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics the card in my monitor will not work The computer boots up and the monitor has power but no picture The card fan is working i can hear it Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics I take the card out and it works fine Here is what I have tried -Called emachines for support and after disabling my onboard graphics still doesn t work they say call ATI -Tried support from ATI no help they say its the computer -Tried disabling in BIOS but it doesn t offer a selection for that It also does t have a PNP feature Only first initial display which I tried on PCIEX -Plug Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics monitor to both card and onboard -Check MSI website and I do have updated BIOS I can tell that the onboard graphics are disabled due to large scale print I tried uninstalling the drivers but when i turn it on it detects and installs the built in graphics I just can t get the monitor to work whenever the card is inserted If it would work I could manually install the hardware and drivers I m thinking I need a different BIOS that would let me use PNP and disable onboard graphics Any help I would greatly appreciate this is my first time to this website and I thought I would try it before taking my computer to a shop to see if they can fix it Just scared of what they might charge since I only paid about for the card Thanks in advance Kevin nbsp

A:Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics

An extreme option

As you do have the option of a working computer prior to installing the new card I would back up any files that are important to you..
Then, before I would pay someone else BIG bucks, I would put in the new card and try a fresh install of windows. Force it to recognise your new card. The drivers that Windows will pick should suffice until the install is done and you can then install the card specific drivers from your disk.
This is given ONLY as a choice. I am not sure this will solve your problem but IT IS something this cheap bas____ would try before paying someone else.

Good Luck and check back, maybe someone else will contribute a better idea.
Greg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-installing-new-graphics-card-on-emachine-onboard-graphics.41175/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I am Techsavy from India Now I would like to know the basic difference in terms of performance for Dedicated Between Card Onboard Graphics Graphics a Difference Solved: an onboard graphics card and a dedicated graphics card for a Laptop What could be a major difference Also for Onboard graphics it is said on all the branded website that the size of it is upto MB shared So say for instance if I go for a dedicated graphics card for a new laptop which I am planning to purchase and the size of this dedicated graphic card is MB or MB and Onboard graphic card on the other hand provides MB shared memory therefore the question is that how could that external graphics card sizing MB deliver better performance as Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card compared to Onbard graphics which sizes MB shared Also how are the new laptops launched by HP in India in terms of performance mobility amp stability The Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card Laptop which I am looking for Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card falls under series and is a business series laptop Waiting eagerly for a reply Techsavy nbsp

A:Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-between-onboard-graphics-a-dedicated-graphics-card.759339/
Relevancy 47.73%

Okay I m really depending missing card, Overheating, and adapter graphics graphics not VGA working. on you guys to help me out here So my computer is overheating at temps above C My Nvidia Geforce GT m wont update from the nvidia download page nor from device manager I was just simply updating my drivers from Device Manager when I went Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. to update my VGA Graphics a screen came up and said an error was encountered with Nvidia GeForce GT m Now device manager says VGA Standard graphics adapter cannot start Could this be causing overheating I m also getting strange crashes in League of Legends Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. since this happened where I get a Black Screen and need to hard reboot my Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. computer sometimes after games Anyway its like my Nvidia graphics card is quot missing quot or something P S I also have an under laptop cooling fan Edit Also would restoring to factory settings return my drivers to default again and possibly fix this problem Here are my Computer Specs quot Model Alienware M xR Intel R Core TM i CPU U GHz Installed RAM GB usable Windows bit Display adapters Intel R HD Graphics and Standard VGA graphics adapter nbsp

A:Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-missing-graphics-card-and-vga-graphics-adapter-not-working.1045832/
Relevancy 47.73%

I usually make a habit of checking Event Viewer EV on a regular basis having installed new drivers and a new graphics card this morning without a hitch I decided to check EV since this was a rather big change to the system Sure enough there was some new entries However Graphics Event related??) new entries Viewer graphics (NOT Card New when I looked into them they offered little information as to what the problem was When I used the link to see what online information was available the Microsoft site came back New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??) with no information fixes for this problem These errors do not seem to be affecting anything but I just wanted to know how you folks think I should proceed Here are the two errors and what info I could pull from EV Device Center New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??) - - System - Provider Name DeviceCenter - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer PC Security - EventData Unknown Node text -- gt Second error will be in the next post

A:New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??)

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom0.

+ System
- EventData
\Device\CdRom0
0E00800001000000000000000B0004C001010000000000000000000008480700000000000000000005B9060000000000FFFF FFFF02000000580000840204000001200612080100000000000004010000000000000000000040538B0A80FAFFFF00000000 0000000010B0830A80FAFFFF000000000000000000000000000000001B000000020000000000000000000000700004000000 000A00000000530000000000000000000000
Binary data:

In Words

0000: 0080000E 00000001 00000000 C004000B
0008: 00000101 00000000 00000000 00074808
0010: 00000000 00000000 0006B905 00000000
0018: FFFFFFFF 00000002 84000058 00000402
0020: 12062001 00000108 00000000 00000104
0028: 00000000 00000000 0A8B5340 FFFFFA80
0030: 00000000 00000000 0A83B010 FFFFFA80
0038: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
0040: 0000001B 00000002 00000000 00000000
0048: 00040070 0A000000 00000000 00000053
0050: 00000000 00000000

In Bytes

0000: 0E 00 80 00 01 00 00 00 ..?.....
0008: 00 00 00 00 0B 00 04 C0 .......?
0010: 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 08 48 07 00 .....H..
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0028: 05 B9 06 00 00 00 00 00 .?......
0030: FF FF FF FF 02 00 00 00 ????....
0038: 58 00 00 84 02 04 00 00 X..?....
0040: 01 20 06 12 08 01 00 00 . ......
0048: 00 00 00 00 04 01 00 00 ........
0050: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0058: 40 53 8B 0A 80 FA FF FF @S?.????
0060: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0068: 10 B0 83 0A 80 FA FF FF .??.????
0070: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0078: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0080: 1B 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 ........
0088: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0090: 70 00 04 00 00 00 00 0A p.......
0098: 00 00 00 00 53 00 00 00 ....S...
00a0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

I just wanted to add that when I go into Device Manager there is no problem with the CD/DVD. I tried updating the driver through DM and Windows says the driver is up to date. I popped in a CD and it reads and plays no problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/276096-new-graphics-card-new-event-viewer-entries-not-graphics-related.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all Video card appears to be reaching the end of the road with regular crashes of x type After extensive attempts card Enabling method onboard graphics graphics/Disabling to fix it the conclusion is that the card needs to be replaced I plan to acquire a completely new computer when I go overseas in days time Until then a band-aid solution occurred to me to last this week use the onboard graphics integrated in the motherboard instead of the failing discrete graphics card Some background info Motherboard is GA-G M-ES L Graphics card is nVidia GT Current display interface is DVI connected to graphics card VGA cable available My method is Update motherboard GA-G M-ES L drivers Uninstall discrete graphics card nVidia GT drivers Reboot and access BIOS Via BIOS disable graphics card and enable onboard graphics Save and shutdown Disconnect DVI monitor cable from graphics card also from monitor Connect VGA monitor cable to motherboard also to monitor Boot Enabling onboard graphics/Disabling graphics card method I would lke your opinion on this planned course of action which potentially could be nigh unfixable

A:Enabling onboard graphics/Disabling graphics card method

That is just how you should do that, it's unremarkable.

Should not be a problem at all, it's routine, you could add another card later and be just fine after disabling on-board again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/291302-enabling-onboard-graphics-disabling-graphics-card-method.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello My Inspiron isn t detecting a card Radeon not detecting 7770) 660 (AMD video Inspiron AMD Radeon video card The card isn t showing up in Device Manager and black screen no signal when plugged in The card works fine in another computer The card s fan is also spinning when in the Inspiron just not being detected A Inspiron 660 not detecting video card (AMD Radeon 7770) little history I have a Dell Inspiron and a Dell XPS I upgraded the PSU and GPU in my XPS and then put those in my Inspiron The PSU is watts and the GPU is a AMD Radeon nbsp Here are a few things I ve tried from googling around looking for solutions -Re-seat GPU and power plug -Install Radeon drivers even though card isn t detected -Try to disable on-board graphics in BIOS can t find any video options in BIOS nbsp The BIOS is Aptio Setup Utility Inspiron 660 not detecting video card (AMD Radeon 7770) and I have the latest version A -Plug a monitor into the on-board graphics and also one into the GPU monitors and then try and detect through windows display -Re-seat ram OS Windows Home Premium -bit BIOS Boot Settings Secure Boot Control Disabled Load Legacy OPROM Enabled Boot Mode Legacy Thanks for reading and any help nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19991748
Relevancy 47.73%

please can anyone help me out as my graphic card is not working on windows xp 64bit, it is working fine in 32bit windows, in device manager - display -standard vga is showing, i tried installing latest as well as old version of driver available from nvidia's site but no use.
i am using

win xp 64bit
i7 920 core
nvidia 9800 GT
4 gb DDR3

Eagarly waiting for some help from techie guy, if any one want to see the problem through remote screen sharing software, feel free to try

Relevancy 47.3%

I recently purchased an Acer Veriton M G desktop which has an i - processor Windows Pro bit and Intel HD to PCI-E Graphics to HD graphics install disable how card Intel Graphics listed as the video card I also purchased a PNY nVIDIA Quadro FX PCI-E card for improved picture editing and home video viewing and editing I have already replaced the original wattt how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card power supply to a watt Antec Truepower I had on hand and boosted the RAM to gigs from the original Question Am I getting any improvement in visual quality or system speed with the Quadro or is it a waste of money and I should just save up to buy a bigger video card This card was on sale for If I am getting improvement then I need to ask another question Question Instructions for the Quadro installation are as follows --Uninstall the existing VGA driver -Remove the existing Display Driver via quot Add or Remove Porgrams quot -Shut down your computer --Remove your Existing Graphics Board or Disable Integrated D Graphics Controller skipping instructions on how to remove existing graphics board -Systems with integrated also know as on-board D graphics may require you to disable the integrated D graphics system Consult the owners or vendor manual that came with your PC on how to properly do this So how do I disable the onboard just uninstall the driver The only driver how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card I can find on the uninstall menu is quot Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver quot does this sound correct I did find the option in BIOS and it is currently grayed out I assume it will activate when it senses another graphics card Acer wants me to access their Pay for support system to learn how to disable the onboard so I m searching elsewhere now Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card

It's likely to be an improvement, but check it and see.
Onboard graphics are disabled in the BIOS (Try looking under "Integrated Peripherals" or something similar.
You probably don't need to do this, but it's nice to know how.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-disable-intel-hd-graphics-to-install-pci-e-graphics-card.942178/
Relevancy 47.3%

Friends,

Lately I have been having graphics problems in games. There are these " artifacts", wierd shapes, triangles, ect that appear and "shot" through my screen. it is hard to explain what it looks like, except that it is NOT normal.

It is hard to say when these appeared. I have recently got a different monitor. It is not new. It is a Dell CRT monitor. I replaced 1 CRT with another because I am cheap .

I have the latest drivers, I think, for my graphics card ( GeForce 5700 LE ). Not great , but not terrible. I play the games with either low or medium settings. I ran a benchmark test that was terrible.

Any ideas as to weather it is the card or monitor?

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there, so I just installed windows 7 on my friend's computer. Previously they had a ATI graphics card (not sure which version) but now it says it has a Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. Because of this, the resolution isn't displayed correctly and everything is enlarged. This is very annoying. Can anyone help please?? >-<

Relevancy 47.3%

Hey everyone How r u all Nice to meet u all well my friend bought a laptop it has on board graphics and also a additional nvidia graphics now when I run game the on board graphics card is getting detected and not the nvidia card I tried in bios but in the display part there are only options is optimus whic allows bot nvidia vga and intel vga to work and the other one allows only the intel vga to work so is there a way to make games recognise nvidia or can I disable onboard graphics through device manager laptop model lenovo ideapad z graphics card Nvidia geforce gt Solved: On board Detected Graphics card Graphics not m and one more thing In one of the game I checked PES it shows as its using onboard graphics and I tried arkham city and tried enabling hardware acceleration physx but it said Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card the laptops hardware doesnt support it one more thing I just went to nvidia control panel and in there d settings and there global settings its written there preferred graphics processor is integrated graphics and I couldnt change Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card it Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card can I disable the onboard graphics card in device manager thanks nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

i am looking to buy a new graphics card to upgrade from the integrated crap that is ati x200 series 64 mb which although i didnt realize really wasnt what i needed to play battlefield 2142 and battlefield 2 so please help me i don have a clue what im doing in this area i have pci-e slots and a 100 budget

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-to-upgrde-from-integrated-64-mb-graphics-to-real-graphics-card.654809/
Relevancy 47.3%

I just plugged my monitor into the new card (HD4770) and it works, did not disable or uninstall the integrated graphics. the integrated is a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE chipset. The performance index went higher on paper but other than having better resolution I don't see a huge improvment. I still have video lag trying to watch streaming hd movies and my new camera (Panasonic Lumix ZS7) wont play video in HD over my computer. Must I disable and even uninstall the old integrated graphics too or am I missing something else?

A:I just installed a new graphics card, must I disable the old integrated graphics?

Have a look in your bios to see if it has an option to boot from pci-e or intergrated.
What is the motherboard you are using?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/281312-i-just-installed-new-graphics-card-must-i-disable-old-integrated-graphics.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello there, I am looking for a dirt cheap, Windows 7 suitable graphics card for use with a PC designed for multimedia purposes (watching films, listening to music etc). I would like to be able to use the full visual effects Windows 7 has to offer. It must have an S-video output and be compatible with the Asus M3A78-CM Motherboard. I have 1 PCI Express x 1 slot free and 2 x PCI 2.2 slots free.

Please provide some suggestions, doesn't have to be brand new.

Either that, or something like the Gadmei XGA/VGA LCD TV BOX. I want to connect my PC with the motherboard mentioned previously to my CRT TV (Panasonic TX-28PL4 Quintrix). The motherboard has onboard graphics via dvi and vga outputs. The TV has an S-VHS plug on the front, as well as RCA Audio/Video sockets. On the rear, it has 1 spare scart input.

What are your thoughts?

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello there, I am looking for a dirt cheap, Windows 7 suitable graphics card for use with a PC designed for multimedia purposes (watching films, listening to music etc). I would like to be able to use the full visual effects Windows 7 has to offer. It must have an S-video output and be compatible with the Asus M3A78-CM Motherboard. I have 1 PCI Express x 1 slot free and 2 x PCI 2.2 slots free.

Please provide some suggestions, doesn't have to be brand new.

Either that, or something like the Gadmei XGA/VGA LCD TV BOX. I want to connect my PC with the motherboard mentioned previously to my CRT TV (Panasonic TX-28PL4 Quintrix). The motherboard has onboard graphics via dvi and vga outputs. The TV has an S-VHS plug on the front, as well as RCA Audio/Video sockets. On the rear, it has 1 spare scart input.

What are your thoughts?

A:Graphics Card/Onboard Graphics for Media Centre PC

the graphics card listed in my specs may only be 64MB, but it surprisingly runs aero.
If that seems to be not quite what you're looking for, another card I would recommend is the nvidia 8400GS. It may be 512MB, but thats about as high as it's specs go, but you will need a more powerful PSU (300W+). The 8400GS is about ?30 and a vga to RCA adapter seems to be about ?5 (i recommend you buy the adapter before the card).
The one in my specs just has a VGA port, but the 8400GS has vga, dvi and hdmi (i think the hdmi may need some further cabling in the case, not sure though)

NB (the card listed in my system specs may actually be the GeForce 7200GS, all system information programs tell me that it could be both and there's no sticker on it. all i know for (kinda) certain is that its 64MB )

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/158089-graphics-card-onboard-graphics-media-centre-pc.html
Relevancy 47.3%

What I really want to know is how to disable my Radeon HD 4350 graphics card, so that I can swap to Intel HD on-board graphics.

This is so I can compare the two on their Windows Experience Index.

Thanks

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a H535 and added a PCI GeForce GT610 that will support up to 2 monitors. I can get both onboard and PCI to work using 3 monitors, except when I have to turn off the computer.  Then the onboard graphics card fails to activate.   Here is what I have to do to get it working correctly again (I call it "the shuffle").Turn off computerUnplug PCI cardTurn on computer (boots using onboard graphics)Turn off computerInstall PCI cardTurn on computer Then everything works fine again until I have to turn off the computer at which point I have to do the shuffle again.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H535-using-graphics-card-and-onboard-graphics-after-reboot/td-p/3372482
Relevancy 47.3%

Edit:
My games on my external hard drive are not detecting the ATI Mobility Radeon X600 128MB card located on my C: drive laptop. The games located on my internal hard drive detect my video card, but the ones on the external do not. The games run fine and everything on the external, but I cannot change the resolution to 1280x800 simply because it's not detecting a video card. Any ideas? Thanks.

Quick question: Does Dell offer the drivers for the ATI card with the laptops or no?

A:Games not detecting video card on external hard drive?

try reinstalling the drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-not-detecting-video-card-on-external-hard-drive.452379/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi. My Transcend SDHC 8GB Class 2 memory card is not being detected when put in the card slot. I installed the latest version of Realtek Card Reader from the official website as well. I had upgraded my laptop to Win10 and just started testing the card slot. Thanks for any help.

$1D

A:Acer E5 573G 72NS Win10 card slot not detecting me...

with the SD inserted, have you check on windows disk management if the SD is listed? windows logo key + xDisk management it will take 10 seconds to list all HDD/SSD/cards, check id it's there but as raw/unallocated storage. have you tried other SD cards or that SD card in another device?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-E5-573G-72NS-Win10-card-slot-not-detecting-memory-cards/td-p/404276
Relevancy 46.44%

The netbook is brand new typical out-of-the-box but stopped working after connecting fine to hotspots for over a month It could not connect to any of the Downtown Alliance hotspots would either not connect or get Limited access Then it disconnected before the second session in a wholly functional hotspot Then it begun failing to connect in all other hotspots where there was no problem before but did not fail right away Then it begun recognizing working connections and Other Network Other Network often repeated FINALLY it just does not detect connections at all This second laptop has not failed in over six months but had a stint at not connecting while connecting at Downtown Alliance hotspot once I have no direct cable access I can work though this netbook with low memory but need the other more powerful netbook for internet or is a waste of time Only way to communicate both is through USB sticks I need a solution to fix the non working Atheros AR B adapter card netbook through USB only card finally Other Solved: failed, Network Atheros Acer detecting sticks while connecting using this netbook nbsp

A:Solved: Acer Atheros card finally failed, detecting Other Network only

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-atheros-card-finally-failed-detecting-other-network-only.1063326/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi

Had this problem for a few years, but hasn't really bugged me until lately when I need it!!

I have a Dell Studio XPS M1330 Laptop, has NVIDIA motherboard. I think ever since I purchased the PC this problem has occurred.

Problem: NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet card will only detect an ethernet cable when I restart. The minute I unplug it, it will not detect it if I plug it back in. I have searched high and low for a solution but have not been able to find one that works. I have disabled the sleep setting on the device and made sure the computer is not allowed to turn off device to save power. Drivers are updated.

Please help if anyone has an idea. I have a lot of knowledge with computers so you do not have to dumb it down....although I can't figure this one out!

Thanks

A:NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet card not detecting cable

I assume you are unplugging it and going straight to wifi?
You'll want to disable the wifi before plugging it in again (most laptops have a buttong for this that looks something like ((i)), or there will be issues with the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/255106-nvidia-nforce-10-100-1000-mbps-ethernet-card-not-detecting-cable.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Inspiron 1545
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System

I checked the ratings of my components and they came out like this (scale of 1.0 to 7.9):
Processor: 5.5
Memory (RAM): 5.5
Graphics: 3.9
Gaming Graphics: 3.4
Primary hard disk: 5.8

What do I need to do to improve the graphics of my laptop? Do I need to get a new laptop?

*Additional information: I live stream on twitch.tv and I want a good set up for gaming preferably on the computer I currently have. Some of the games I try to play have a lot of lag during the streams and I tried everything to reduce it, but I think it is just my graphics card isn't strong enough. If you want to check out my stream here is the link: www.twitch.tv/diirtyxweezy

A:Do I need a new processor to improve my graphics or do I just need a new graphics card?

This laptop is not a great gaming laptop. There's nothing you can upgrade on it. If you are serious about gaming, use a up-gradable desktop PC or be prepared to spend a great deal more money on a gaming laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-a-new-processor-to-improve-my-graphics-or-do-i-just-need-a-new-graphics-card.187802/
Relevancy 46.44%

My Nvidia graphics card has a small cooling fan that is not always working right and I want to uninstall that card and use the
onboard graphics that was installed when i first got the desktop. Will the onboard graphics take the place of the uninstalled card or will I have to reinstall the graphic desktop before I unstalled the bad graphics card.

Relevancy 46.44%

I just picked up an HP dx2000 desktop computer that has the "Intel Extreme Graphics 2" onboard video card. Im trying to play World of Warcraft on the machine and it is a bit jumpy due to what I assume is the graphics card. The system has 1Gb of RAM so I dont believe it has anything to do with the RAM.

My question is, will my system benifit from a PCI graphics card or is the bus too slow for PCI to show any type of improvement? The only reason I say PCI is because the system does not have an AGP slot.

Thanks!

Relevancy 46.44%

Hey everyone How r u all Nice to meet u all well my friend bought a laptop it has on board graphics and also a additional nvidia graphics now when I run game the on board graphics card is getting detected and not the nvidia card I tried in bios but in the display part there are only options is optimus whic allows bot nvidia vga and intel vga to work and the other one allows only the intel vga to work so is there a way to make games recognise nvidia or can I disable onboard graphics through graphics not graphics card Onboard detected device manager laptop model lenovo ideapad z graphics card Nvidia geforce gt m and one more thing In one of the game I Onboard graphics detected not graphics card checked PES it shows as its using onboard graphics and I tried arkham city and tried enabling hardware acceleration physx but it said the laptops hardware doesnt support it one more thing I just went to nvidia control panel and in there d settings and there global settings its written there preferred graphics processor is integrated graphics and I couldnt change it can I disable the onboard graphics card in device manager thanks nbsp

A:Onboard graphics detected not graphics card

Hi , The option is the one where the nvidia card and intel on-board are shown, and the BIOS should select the nvidia card as priority if it can, and has a choice.
It's sometimes known as 'Primary Video' & the option is called PEG.
Make sure you save the settings when you exit or they won't be changed from before.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-graphics-detected-not-graphics-card.182102/
Relevancy 46.44%

Okay so I ve just had to turn my graphics card off This is because the problem that has plagued me (Graphics Corruption Graphics Card) Problem for the better part of the year has gotten worse The problem THIS This first started in the first Q of the year During a game HL GarrysMod the graphics screwed up The thing is when I got back to desktop everything worked works fine Just the graphics are b ggered royally After an email exchange with the sellers of the graphics card An Abit Radeon SE Dabs I got them to take it back and quot fix quot it By quot fix quot I meant that after using the quot fixed quot card for a while a couple few months it happened again around September So I asked them again but the warranty had expired so no Graphics Corruption Problem (Graphics Card) help Graphics Corruption Problem (Graphics Card) there So I simply didn t play any games Apart from a small period of time in October Where it worked for some reason then started screwing up again I haven t been able to play any D games I then reasoned that it struggled on the D factor So I started playing D games like CnC RA and Baldurs Gate But then recently they started to screw up too So I stopped playing games But now tonight the card started screwing up on the desktop So I disabled the card More information While the card was away getting quot fixed quot my stepdad lent me a spare card of his which he no longer has an Nvidia When i put it in the motherboard wouldn t recognise it So we did everything we reinstalled windows we did the drivers again and we finally came to the conclusion that it was the motherboard So we put in a new mobo and it worked This card worked without a hitch I believe that this may have been caused by not uninstalling the previous drivers before putting in the new card However what I want to know is Was this error caused definitely by the card And will I have to get a new mobo when I get my new graphics card Christmas YAY I would like help and advice Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

My computer Simultaneously and Card Graphics Onboard Use Graphics a Dell Inspiron desktop Use Graphics Card and Onboard Graphics Simultaneously has a VGA port and an HDMI port built onto the motherboard for integrated graphics I have recently installed an Nvidia GeForce GB dedicated graphics card and it has DVI ports and mini-HDMI port I have a DVI monitor and a VGA monitor DVI-VGA adapter used connected to the graphics card I was trying to connect a projector to the VGA port on the onboard graphics but I couldn t get it to use the onboard graphics with the card installed In BIOS gt Advanced gt Graphics Options there is one setting Intel Multiple Monitor something It has two options Auto and Disabled currently Auto Its in-BIOS description states that it can use both onboard and dedicated cards to run multiple monitors However no luck Windows has shown a third monitor in the display settings with a bunch of quot Attempt VGA Connection quot options Selecting one and choosing Extend Desktop opens a quot Unable to Save Settings quot error Ubuntu does nothing to recognize anything Is it possible to use both the onboard and Nvidia graphics together Or am I better off buying a mini-HDMI to VGA adapter and connecting it to the Nvidia card and the projector Thanks for reading all my extended description PS I would like to get this working in Ubuntu currently but getting it in Windows and Ubuntu would be a bonus nbsp

A:Use Graphics Card and Onboard Graphics Simultaneously

Most of the time, no. Installing an addon card disables the onboard chipset.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/use-graphics-card-and-onboard-graphics-simultaneously.1111649/
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently received a BS error from my graphics card. After uninstalling it and using the most up to date AMD Graphics Drivers to reinstall my graphics card in hopes that it fixed the issue, it cause the BS to come back. I then Uninstalled the graphics card again and now I am stuck.

I have no idea what I am doing but my goal is to get my graphics card working on my computer properly again. If anyone can help, it will be very much appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/394286-using-amd-graphics-drivers-reinstall-my-graphics-card-causes-bs.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently got a bare bones system that I have put together When I turn on the computer though there is no video at all The fans and lights and harddrives and the LCD on the front of the case all come on but my moniter doesn t seem to be getting a signal of any kind There is no sound like the beeps that would say that it is going through the boot up process I have checked this computer out on another moniter as well as testing the video card in another computer Same results with the moniter and the video card works fine in the other computer It is a Asus K V-MX motherboard and an AMD Sempron processor I was extremly careful with these so there would be no electrostatic discharge I obviously cannot change the BIOS as I can t see them so does anyone have any suggestions for me Thanks a lot P padyn View Public Profile Send a private message to padyn Find More Posts by padyn Add padyn to Your Buddy List Add padyn to Your Ignore List Reply Options Reply Reply w Quote Edit Delete nbsp

A:no video card graphics nor online graphics

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

What is the ram & psu make and model?
Try clearing the cmos, per MoBo book.
First check to see that you used MoBo's stand off's correctly and
that the MoBo is not shorting out on the case.
Do a bare setup, only the essentials. Can be done with or without case.

1.cpu heatsink/fan
2.MoBo
3.1 stick of known good ram
4.video card
5. keyboard
6.monitor

Un-hook all power & data cables (except the power to MoBo)
remove all addin cards.
This is just to get you to the bios screen.
Failing this, try booting without any ram just to see if you get any error
beep codes, same with video card.

This should help getting some trouble shooting in order.
G'Luck and let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-card-graphics-nor-online-graphics.46486/