Windows Support Forum

Missing all user icons at logon screen!

Q: Missing all user icons at logon screen!

Hello I have a problem - there are no user icons on my quot interactive logon screen quot - only the quot Turn off Pete's Laptop quot button down at the bottom left I normally all logon icons at Missing screen! user use the XP-click-on-your-username-next-to-the-sunflower-or-snowboarder logon screen Pressing ctrl-alt-del Missing all user icons at logon screen! does not bring up a logon dialogue box - at my logon screen I usually just click on one of my user profiles I didn't do anything out of the ordinary on my computer before shutting down last night and I have antivirus malware software running always and nothing showed up prior to logging off - in fact nothing has shown up for ages Now I can't get into my computer at all even using different safe modes - there are just no users shown I've searched for quot fixes quot on MS-KB but can't find anything that resembles this problem Sorry to be really thick but can someone help me please My OS is XP SP I have user accounts that usually show up - one is quot Pete quot my usual one a limited account and the other is quot System Protection quot admin account that I only use to install programmes and make system changes - I was using Pete last night Guest and admin accounts do not usually show up as options to click on - never enabled them My laptop came with a recovery section loaded onto a hidden and hopefully protected partition on the HD - unfortunately I don't know how to access this if I can't get into the comp When I first loaded Windows I remember being prompted to make a Vaio recovery disk actually there were and it took a while - but I'm also unsure how to make them work Thanks in advance for people's input if there is any Pete

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Missing all user icons at logon screen!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Missing all user icons at logon screen!

The recovery partition is usually booted if you press one of the F keys during startup and to make the recovery disks work you have to start the computer up with the first one you made in the Cd drive. (So that it will boot from the CD)

Also I don't know why you would have 2 Accounts unless you have a 5 year old that gets on the computer too. I would just have one account that is admin but thats just me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-all-user-icons-at-logon-screen-152627.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Hello I have a problem - there are no user icons on my quot interactive logon screen quot - only the quot Turn off Pete s Laptop quot button down at the bottom left I normally use the Missing all screen! at user icons logon XP-click-on-your-username-next-to-the-sunflower-or-snowboarder logon screen Pressing ctrl-alt-del does not bring up a logon dialogue box - at my logon screen I usually just click on one of my user profiles I didn t do anything out of the ordinary on my computer before shutting down last night and I have antivirus malware software running always and nothing showed up prior to Missing all user icons at logon screen! logging off - in fact nothing has shown up for ages Now I can t get into my computer at all even using different safe modes - there are just no users shown I ve searched for quot fixes quot on MS-KB but can t find anything that resembles this problem except for an old post on this forum here And what folk were saying to do on that thread was a little above my head Sorry to be really thick but can someone help me please My OS is XP SP I have user accounts that usually show up - one is quot Pete quot my usual one a limited account and the other is quot System Protection quot admin account that I only use to install programmes and make system changes - habit of mine left over from Linux days - I was using Pete last night Guest and admin accounts do not usually show up as options to click on - never enabled them My laptop came with a recovery section loaded onto a hidden and hopefully protected partition on the HD - unfortunately I don t know how to access this if I can t get into the comp When I first loaded Windows I remember being prompted to make a Vaio recovery disk actually there were and it took a while - but I m also unsure how to make them work and also on the original post about this people suggested I may just end up with the same problem although please correct me if I ve misinterpreted this Thanks in advance for people s input if there is any Pete If we knew what we were doing it wouldn t be called research would it Albert Einstein nbsp

A:Missing all user icons at logon screen!

Sony VAIO. Typical problem. You need to call their tech support if still under warranty. If out of warranty, reinstall the 8 disc recovery set.
It may be a spyware, trojan, or virus problem, but that is not helpful if you cannot boot up to fix it.
The Sony VAIO does not allow a Windows XP repair... only recovery or restore of the original install set... so you may be forced to reformat and reinstall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-all-user-icons-at-logon-screen.75914/
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi all

I am having problems logging into a windows XP home SP3 pc

There is a lot of history to this problem which I wont go into unless asked

The current situation is that XP is booting to what looks like the normal log on screen.

I have the dark blue bars top and bottom (bottom bar no shutdown icon or usual text)

Centre light blue section with no centre bar or user icons, then only thing on this area is the text "Windows XP" with the window symbol above

The ctrl+alt+del twice don't work but alt+tab revels a windows log on screen with two text boxes (this is not like the NT log on screen)

As soon as I let go of the alt key the screen pops to the back and is obscured again

Any ideas what I can do to fix this
Ibod

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-startup-problem-user-icons-missing-from-logon-screen.1044916/
Relevancy 82.56%

I came across this issue this morning on my home PC. I have a Windows 7 64-bit PC with three profiles, my wife's, mine, and my daughter's. Previously when someone tried to log in all three profiles would be displayed so each profile could be selected. However this morning instead of seeing the three profiles I see two options: the active profile and a button that says other users. I select other users and I can log on to any profile so nothing appears to be missing. If I power the system down, when it comes back up I see the last profile logged on and the other users option. If someone could give me an idea as to why this occurred and how to fix it I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

A:User login profiles missing from screen, but still able to logon

Hello JC, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below may be able to help fix this for you.

Logon Screen - Fix Showing Only "Other User" and Last Logged On User

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/224959-user-login-profiles-missing-screen-but-still-able-logon.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Vanilla Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop running Windows Vista. It has never had a login account or password protection, and is only used in single user mode.

Yesterday, start-ups fine, no password. Today, I'm presented with the user logon widow prompting me for a password, and cannot logon to Vista!

No-one has meddled with the laptop. Don't know if SP1 was automatically downloaded
and installed - whatever the factory defaults were from Dell. I've not seen any references to this kind of issue on Vista, but have heard about a similar thing with NT.

Any suggestions how this could have happened?

Yes - I know I can reset passwords using the NT Password Editor (http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/).

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi there

I have a problem which has troubled me for a week now.

I work in an organization, and have got a laptop in because the time it took to logon, due to HP protect tools trying to run a biometric can everytime you logged on. However after alot of effort and time i managed to correct the problem.

BUT since it has been fixed the user logon icons now appear twice on the logon screen

Now for the confusing part: as you can see in the picture there are 2 rows of icons. If you try logging in using a icon from the top row the hp protect tools runs the biometric scan...... but if you log in using one of the bottom row it doesnt and logs in perfectly fine.

All i would like to do is remove the top row of icons, so it is less confusing for the laptops user.

Thanks in advance
Toby

A:User Logon Icons Doubled Up

Hello Toby, and welcome to Eight Forums.

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but since you have "Other User" on the log on screen, you might see if the tutorial below may be able to help any with this issue.

Logon Screen - Fix Showing Only "Other User" and Last Logged On User

Hope this may help some,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/248656-user-logon-icons-doubled-up.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I've had a problem recently. I think it started after installing StyleXP to change my Windows visual style. I've since uninstalled StyleXP, but it has not resolved the problem.

My user picture that is usually at the top of the start menu is missing. In addition the green arrow icons and question mark icons in the User Accounts control panel are also missing (I just see red X's). I've tried changing my user picture in the control panel and it does not make a difference. I made sure to restore the default icons in StyleXP before uninstalling, but that didn't matter either.

I've since switched to Windowblinds and IconPackager. I've tried restoring default WinXP icons from IconPackager as well with no luck. Any ideas here? I'll upload some screenshots when I get back home, but I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

A:Missing user picture and icons in User Acct control panel

I've tried logging in under another user and I have the same problem. Here's a screenshot of the issue. Notice the red X's and the blank user picture box in the start menu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-user-picture-and-icons-in-user-acct-control-panel.537248/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have Win XP Professoinal on an OEM installed Dell Dimension C My user logon seems to be missing Recently I installed some antivirus software that comes with my ATT DSL account An error encountered during the install prompted me to make a registry change that involved something like changing the parent permissions - I recall two check boxes beneath the user accounts Regardless I backed up the registry prior to making the change After I edited the registry I noticed two things XP Missing in User Logon The only user account that was listed in the Registry editor which was quot Guest quot was gone The drives were missing on quot My computer quot and there was just a box that had a -z Now when I restart the computer my user account and icon is Missing User Logon in XP missing and there is Missing User Logon in XP a blue screen with a windows xp icon to the right of center and it hangs I cannot start in safe mode I get the same screen as above I was able to start receovery console after I used NT Offline Password and Registry Editor to quot unenforce quot the administrator password login since it wouldn t take a blank password or my usual password My question is - can I recover I do have a registry backup and I have all of my data backed up I m just trying to avoid reinstalling programs I am aware of repair installs Just wondering if there is a better option Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Hello Everyone I have been trying DESKTOP ICONS LOGON and WIN SCREEN NO to get rid of a problem that has plagued me for the last weeks Initially I only noticed that there was a problem when Mcafee expired and I didn't renew it because it had NO DESKTOP ICONS and WIN LOGON SCREEN not blocked out all the spyware and malware that I previously had such as the Vundo virus months ago In fact it did not even detect it It was Superantispyware and Vundofixthat detected and removed it This time however I was starting Windows and a black blank screen came up with a Windows Logon Where did that come from It had never been there before and it isn't the blue Windows Users Welcome Screeneither When I clicked on quot OK quot Windows proceeded to load the desktop background with no icons The CPU light is still ticking away there but I am unable to get into my desktop Using quot Ctrl quot quot Alt quot quot Del quot would allow me to log-off and log back in whereafter the desktop icons would appear then over the next few restarts it didn't matter what you did the desktop icons did not appear and right-click mouse is disabled so I could not bring up quot Properties quot or anything else Sometimes it would log me on then off again straight away Back to the Windows Logon Screen This virus also corrupted my Nero exe file and I was unable to burn anything Also when trying to ask for Windows Help it would not come up I have totally re-formatted the drive and installed a fresh copy of Win XP SP more than or times over the last weeks I've lost count I'm getting dizzy from frustration I have even upgraded to Win XP Service Pack and downloaded all the windows updates No difference I used Dr Web to do a boot scan and I deleted a lot of System Volume Information and Restore files that it recommended me to delete but the Windows Logon screen persisted I have used Avast Adaware Spybot Superantispyware Comodo Firewall but I think I am getting confused nowbecause I really do not know what to delete and what to keep So I am back with a total format reinstall and asking if someone could please help me Now the whole desktophas gone blank again only the desktop background picture comes up and I am writing this in Windows Safe Mode Has anyone come across this before Here is the Hijack log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes F WINDOWS System smss exeF WINDOWS system winlogon exeF WINDOWS system services exeF WINDOWS system lsass exeF WINDOWS system svchost exeF WINDOWS system svchost exeF WINDOWS Explorer EXEF WINDOWS system ctfmon exeD Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware exeD Program Files Comodo COMODO Internet Security cfp exeF Program Files Netscape Navigator navigator exeF WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeF Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www blackjackballroom com referral aff id aff F - REG system ini UserInit F WINDOWS system userinit exe F WINDOWS system twext exe O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - F Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - D SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - F PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLLO - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - F Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dllO - HKLM Run COMODO SafeSurf quot F Program Files COMODO SafeSurf cssurf exe quot -sO - HKLM Run COMODO Internet Security quot D Program Files Comodo COMODO Internet Security cfp exe quot -hO - HKLM Run MSConfig F WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe autoO - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -uO - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware D Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware exeO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer D Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe F WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Extra context menu item E amp... Read more

A:NO DESKTOP ICONS and WIN LOGON SCREEN

Hi anadca,Welcome to BC HijackThis forum. I am farbar. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might prolong handling your log and make the job for both of us more difficult.You have the program Spybot S&D (Teatimer option) running on your machine. We need to disable TeaTimer so it does not interfere with the fixes we are about to do. This will only take a few seconds.First disable TeaTimer:Run Spybot-S&DGo to the Mode menu, and make sure Advanced Mode is selectedOn the left hand side, choose Tools -> ResidentUncheck Resident TeaTimer and OK any promptsRestart your computer.Instruction is also here: How to disable TeaTimer during HijackThis Cleanup
Note:If teatimer gives you a warning afterwards that some changes were made, allow this instead of blocking it.Then download ResetTeaTimer.exe to your desktop. (In case you use Firefox, rightclick the link and choose "Save Link As").Doubleclick ResetTeaTimer.exe and let it run.Note: The Teatimer should be kept disabled until I give you the clean sign.

Please open HiJackThis and choose do a system scan only. Check the boxes next to ONLY the entries listed below (if present):

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=F:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,F:\WINDOWS\system32\twext.exe,
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u
Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, including browsers, so that nothing other than HijackThis is open, then click Fix Checked. A box will pop up asking you if you wish to fix the selected items. Please choose YES. Once it has fixed them, please exit/close HijackThis.

I see on the log Ask Toolbar is installed on your computer:

This program is known to be bundled with adware/spyware. You may read more about Ask Toolbars here:
http://www.benedelman.org/spyware/ask-toolbars/

To uninstall Ask Toolbar:

Click "start" on the taskbar and then click on the "Control Panel" icon.
Please doubleclick the "Add or Remove Programs" icon.
A list of programs installed will be "populated" this may take a bit of time.
If they exist, uninstall the following by clicking on the following entries and selecting "remove":

Ask Toolbar

Also remove the folder in bold: C:\Program Files\AskSBar

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from MajorGeeksDouble Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy&Paste the MBAM log.Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.

Please copy and paste a fresh Hijackthis log to your reply.Please include in your next reply:The log of MBAM.A fresh Hijackthis log.Any comment or feedback about how it went.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/223203/no-desktop-icons-and-win-logon-screen/
Relevancy 65.36%

does anybody know the dimensions/pixels for the Windows XP Logon Screen Icons..you know, the ones next to the user names? I want to size my pictures to the exact dimensions, so they dont look so messed up.

A:Windows XP Logon Screen Icons

Try a little google search.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-logon-screen-icons.200332/
Relevancy 65.36%

I am having windows xp on my pc, i need to access pc of my colleague, both pc are on network. i access his pc by going in start - > run option on my pc , there i put ip address of my collegues pc, then it ask me for user name and password, after inserting it i get access to his pc, but this happens only once, next time when i access this pc it does not ask me use name and password screen it directly open the folder, how can i get that username and password screen again.

A:User logon screen

Odd way of logging but if it works..... try clearing your browser cache and clearing cookies. It doesn't sound like there is any security breach but your system is remembering the username/password combo and entering it for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-logon-screen.704617/
Relevancy 64.93%

Windows XP boots up to the blue screen and shows windows logo, but user icons are missing. How do I bypass this and restore?

A:Missing user icons

All users or just yours? Even Administrator one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-user-icons.840623/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I recently upgraded to windows xp professional from windows me I was not having any problems when I started the pc until after I installed the net framework updates from the windows update site Now when I - windows welcome user xp logon screen start or restart my pc it windows xp welcome screen - user logon starts with the administrator setup instead of the way it had been I need to go to start log off and select switch user windows xp welcome screen - user logon in order for it to switch to the way that it had been prior to the net framework updates I tried going to the control panel and selecting the user account and selecting to change the way users log on or off and both the quot use welcome screen and use fast user switching quot are checked off I am listed as a computer administrator but there is also a user account titled administrator which is also listed as a computer administrator The administrator account is the one that is automatically opening now when I start the pc but I want it to open to the user which is me and that is how it was opening prior to the install of net framework I also tried going to start run control userpasswords on the user accounts I removed the check mark from the box for quot users must enter a password to use this computer quot I then selected okay to the automatically logon box that popped up with my user name I did not enter a password since I never entered or had one to begin with I then clicked on okay I then tried going to control panel user accounts and then to change the way users log on and off and unchecked the box for both quot use the welcome screen quot and quot use fast user switching quot However when I clicked on okay I get a screen that states that quot fast users switching cannot be turned off while multiple users are logged on Make sure all other users are logged off then try again quot Does anyone know how I can get Windows XP to open start that way again without having to always go to start log off and selecting to switch users all the time TIA lnjr nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Something strange is happend On a few desktops the last user that logged in on the machine is not rememberd The machines are in the same OU as the machines where last user Logon screen rememberd not the last user is Logon screen last user not rememberd rememberd There is nothing changed in the GPO's I have tried to put the Logon screen last user not rememberd machines in a OU that has no GPO's connected so a clean login It doesn't Logon screen last user not rememberd matter which user logs in on the machine after a restart the user is not filled in i click ctrl-alt-del and the username and password are empty Normally the last user is filled in When i look at the settings in Windows and look at the useraccounts - control useraccounts and then the advanced tab then there is a setting secure login quot users must press ctrl-alt-del This setting i can change on the machine as an administrator to do that of choose to not do that but on the machines where the last user is not rememberd i cannot change this it is greyed out although i am a administrator Maybe this has something to do with it How can i find out what is cousing that the last username is not rememberd freddie

A:Logon screen last user not rememberd

I have found in the past that a 2003 domain and windows 7 desktops, this setting doesn't get applied. Possibly because its missing: Group Policy Preference Client Side Extensions for Windows Server 2003 (KB943729)

One possible way that you could combat this is run the script manually on the desktop, create a  logon script or gpo that runs a script which applies a registry file, or group policy that runs a script, this only needs to be ran one time per workstation.
regedit.exe /s donotdisplaylastusername.reg
The contents of donotdisplaylastusername.reg is:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"=dword:00000000
"ConsentPromptBehaviorUser"=dword:00000003
"EnableInstallerDetection"=dword:00000001
"EnableLUA"=dword:00000000
"EnableSecureUIAPaths"=dword:00000001
"EnableUIADesktopToggle"=dword:00000000
"EnableVirtualization"=dword:00000001
"PromptOnSecureDesktop"=dword:00000000
"ValidateAdminCodeSignatures"=dword:00000000
"dontdisplaylastusername"=dword:00000001
"legalnoticecaption"=""
"legalnoticetext"=""
"scforceoption"=dword:00000000
"shutdownwithoutlogon"=dword:00000001
"undockwithoutlogon"=dword:00000001
"FilterAdministratorToken"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\UIPI]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\UIPI\Clipboard]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\UIPI\Clipboard\ExceptionFormats]
"CF_TEXT"=dword:00000001
"CF_BITMAP"=dword:00000002
"CF_OEMTEXT"=dword:00000007
"CF_DIB"=dword:00000008
"CF_PALETTE"=dword:00000009
"CF_UNICODETEXT"=dword:0000000d
"CF_DIBV5"=dword:00000011

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b9ba50f2-335e-41f5-877e-2c3def397e51/logon-screen-last-user-not-rememberd?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi all.
i've windows 7 professional RTM and it work very well ... i'm really happy for this os

but i've a small problem. i'have 5 local user and i want to see all user in logon screen but windows show me only the last one logged in ...
how can i set up my os for show me all user??

notes:
1) no user have password
2) administrator account is disable
3) all user are administrators
4) i not do anything before for change settings of my logon screen

someone can help me ???

Thanks a lot
Sandro
Italy

A:Show many user on logon screen

Hello Sandro, and welcome to Seven Forums.

When you give any of the user accounts a password, they will then all show up on the log on screen.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/22938-show-many-user-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Quick info summed the text below in points Happens after he logs in to user Screen logon Black AFTER his administrator account his own computer WinXP Pro SP Happened after finishing a download of an anime episode using Bitlord probably latest release Hardware unknown possible updated later Hi first of all I searched forum and looked through various topics to find if someone else had this problem I found people who had black screen problems BEFORE login screen even appeared Second of all this problem is not on my computer I am looking for help to be able to help my brother out which lives about miles from here and Black Screen AFTER user logon suddenly got this problem after downloading an anime episode I'm not entirely sure what anime it was but I assume it doesn't matter since he never even started the file so there is no way it could suddenly jump his computer without even being executed Just for the record I believe it was either Eclipse Claymore DB Naruto DB Bleach or K-F One Piece where only the Claymore episode would be downloaded from a public tracker Right now I'm not sure what hardware he uses and since he doesn't keep much track of what he has he just play games most of the time he usually gets help from various people to chose good parts - Not dual core - XP SP - Motherboard supports crossfire gfx - Over ghz processor - Over or around GB disc storage For the moment I'd like to know if there are any common solutions from people who have encountered the same problem - Thanks for reading

A:Black Screen AFTER user logon

Hello Pandanton, Welcome to TSF!

BitLord is a P2P download facility, and unfortunately we cannot assist you with faults caused by P2P programs, as it is strictly against the TSF Rules.

The TSF Rules are available here for you to reaquaint yourself with them.

This Thread is now Closed!

Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-user-logon-172645.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Here's one that's got me stumped maybe someone here can help Got a computer here that boots to the XP welcome screen but has no accuonts listed on the right at all the only thing you can do is shut down Booting into safe mode you get the same thing -- not even the Administrator account Pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL twice brings up the standard username password box but I can't log in due to the password being invalid Interestingly Safe Mode Command Prompt Only never loads at accouts No XP screen logon user it reboots the computer Figured I'd run SFC from the recovery console but without the admin password couldn't log in Booted to a Linux boot CD No user accouts at XP logon screen to remove the password for the Administrator account chntpw Petter N Hagen's disc When I choose the partition I get an error during mounting that says NTFS-fs error device hda load system files Volume has unsupported flags No user accouts at XP logon screen set Mounting read-only Run chkdsk and mount in Windows NTFS-fs error device hda load system files Failed to load LogFile Will not be able to remount read-write Mount in Windows I can continue to select the path to the system files and select quot Edit user data and passwords quot When I do this instead of a list of usernames passwords I get Cannot find usernames in registry is this a SAM-hive and it can't find any usernames I'm assuming that's why I can't log on as administrator -- not because there's a password but because it can't find the password or the file is corrupt If I boot to a BartPE disc I can see that all the user's files are indeed there and the system config folder is present and doesn't look like there's anything wrong with it I've tried running a repair install over the top and that didn't solve the problem either Any other ideas that don't involve a reformat I'm trying not to lose the data and while I can back up the documents over the network using the BartPE disc I'd still rather fix this than wipe it Thanks

A:No user accouts at XP logon screen

Have you tried a NTFS boot disc?
Try running that or a normal XP install disc, press R, and try a chkdsk.
Could the block containing the SAM file be corrupt?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-user-accouts-at-xp-logon-screen-219665.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,

I recently upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. It was fine until I decided to change my account to a microsoft account. After logging out and restarting, I could not see my user on the log on screen. It still showed up in Control Panel and PC Settings after logging in as another Admin.

To try to fix this I created a new user and was going to copy files into it but this new user didn't show up either.

Is this a Win 8.1 bug or is there something you have to do?

I can always revert to Windows 8 because I backed up my computer before updating but I would not prefer this.

Thanks,
997R8V10

A:User Not Showing Up On Logon Screen

Hello 997R8V10, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Do you have a back arrow at the top left corner to click on to show all users on the sign in screen instead of just the last user?

Signing in to Windows 8

Use the tutorial below to see what details it shows for the affected user account, and post them here to see if it may reveal a cause for it not showing up on the sign in screen.

User Accounts - View Detailed Information About in Windows

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/50990-user-not-showing-up-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi there
The method of switching to a NEW user seems CRAZY in W8 -- there's no option on the power off button (Login as new user) -- you have to go into the START screen , click on your user icon at the top right of the screen and then choose sign out --- it's mad !!!!
Have I missed something or is there a keyboard short cut to logout and login as a new user.

I want to test some stuff running as a NON administrative user and it's quite annoying having to go into the start screen all the time to do this.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Glitch IMO Logon as new user - via START SCREEN !!!!!!

Hello Jimbo,

I think this below should take care of that quite nicely by having all Power options available via a desktop context menu.

Power - Add Cascading Desktop Context Menu in Windows 8

Switch User - Add to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 8

(Option 1 or 2 only for Windows 8)
Switch User Shortcut - Create - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/28946-glitch-imo-logon-new-user-via-start-screen.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I just recently reinstalled Windows 10 Pro from scratch 2 days ago. All of a sudden I noticed yesterday evening I have 2 usernames on the logon screen. It normally boots directly into Windows (I turn off requiring password on NETPLWIZ screen). But now it comes up with Invalid User Name and/or Password. After I clear the error, it presents me with 2 usernames to logon with:

Stuart Moroz (this one has no options below where you type the password)
([email protected])

and

Stuart Moroz (this one has 2 options, local or MS Account. This one I think is the one that got added somehow)

How did I end up with 2? and how do I get it to boot directly into Windows again? Thanks for any/all assistance.

A:2 User names on logon screen all of a sudden

Hello Sage, and welcome to Ten Forums.

It sounds like you may not have entered the password correctly when setting up netplwiz to have Windows sign in to the account automatically at startup.

Start over with netplwiz to select the account and enter the password again to see if that may sort this for you.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/18804-2-user-names-logon-screen-all-sudden.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the user picture frame on the logon screen, similar to the way you would change it on the start menu?

A:Logon Screen User Picture Frame

Oh wait... no. :/

The only way I know how to do it is by going to to Start> Control Panel> User Accounts and Family Safety> User Accounts> Change your picture

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/262326-logon-screen-user-picture-frame.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello people Huge greetings from Brazil I a at default Customize user screen logon d like to ask for sorry my english is not quite good But I really need your expertise I swear I stayed googling until am with no solutions I ll Customize a default user at logon screen try to explain my doubt I have two user accounts on my computer my account and Customize a default user at logon screen my wife s account She rarely uses the computer because she prefers to use her notebook but eventually as I said she uses the computer I really would like to know if there is a possibility to configure windows to at the logon screen it always shows my account where I put my password instead of the two accounts where I have to click the icon for my account user and then enter the password to login In other words it would appear my account only the rectangle with my picture in the center of the screen - instead of two smaller rectangles with two user accounts So if she wishes to log she could click quot switch user quot and then on her icon account and finally enter the password and login I saw there is a way to log with a quot blank quot icon and put the username and pass but I don t want it I just want to show my icon account and put ONLY my password so if she wants to log she must click quot swith user quot A big hug

A:Customize a default user at logon screen

Hello Cqueiroz, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Sorry, but when there is more than one user account create, it would not be possible to hide her log on screen icon unless you disabled her acccount until needed to only have your account active, then enabled her account when needed.

Hope this helps some,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/122009-customize-default-user-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello, I've manage to modify the login screen to where it only shows my name. I would like to move it to the bottom left corner as shown in the picture I just can't figure out how to move it. I love the way it looks without all the other crap and I just click my name to login instead of that ugly icon they had. any help on this would be awesome.

A:Reposition windows 7 logon screen user name

I figured out how to move the user tile list on the logon screen I got to where I want it to be I removed the icon its not just a picture its the actual logon screen I captured it with logon screen capture 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/346411-reposition-windows-7-logon-screen-user-name.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi there people!!!!!!

I was wondering if there is a way in which you can change the size of the user picture in the logon screen... What I mean here... is that, no matter the picture you use for it, the logon screen shows it at a "fixed" size... but sometimes, it is shown in a little frame, while in other PC's, you can see it bigger... I don't know if it's matter of resolutions... I hope I'm getting understood...

Is there a way to control or change that?

Thanks in advance people.

See ya!!!

A:Logon screen user picture size

Not without a funky res hack.
Which logon screen do you mean? There is the classic and the new one...

I did also notice that the user pic is a little larger if you're logged in and have locked the workstation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/93139-logon-screen-user-picture-size.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I've started having problems when logging on Icons Blue to at Screen? & Logon Flash Slow Load on to my Dell Laptop running Windows Pro The Icons Slow to Load at Logon & Blue Flash on Screen? icons Icons Slow to Load at Logon & Blue Flash on Screen? are slow to appear after logon and I can't select icons with the touchpad The screen then flashes blue and the icons reload after which the laptop operates normally I get an Error Event ID copied below which seems to be the problem It points to a faulting module twinui dll Have you any advice how to solve this problem Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category Error Application Error quot Faulting application name Explorer EXE version time stamp x c f c Faulting module name twinui dll version time stamp x c Exception code x Fault offset x f f Faulting process ID xe Faulting application start time x d f ec e ccaa Faulting application path C WINDOWS Explorer EXE Faulting module path C WINDOWS system twinui dll Report ID d dc - df- e - b -b a fff Faulting package full name Faulting package-relative application ID quot

A:Icons Slow to Load at Logon & Blue Flash on Screen?

A couple of us have just interacted about "slow icon loading" so you for sure are not alone.

Explorer.exe is the process responsible for the icons et al - I have killed that process and restarted it when the Volume icon in the systray doesn't show up as it is supposed to.

If you do a Google Search for "twinui.dll" you'll see lots of folks with the same error - perhaps one of those hits will resolve the problem.

----

Post-post addendum: Though the "resolution" might not be the ACTUAL resolution, there is a thread right here about the same problem - years old: Can not access apps

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/71207-icons-slow-load-logon-blue-flash-screen.html
Relevancy 63.21%

When i boot up the system hangs at the blue windows xp screen, the 'Windows is starting' is missing and it goes no further, the logon screen does not appear so i can't get in. I have recovery console on and i can get into the drive by booting in from another drive/operating system. how can i rectify the problem?

Steve.

A:XP, Welcome screen missing, cannot logon

have you tried firing up your syystem and hitting F8 on your keyboard to get into "safe mode " ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-welcome-screen-missing-cannot-logon.368983/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey there,

I am versed in group policy and recently applied screensavers with idle lockouts, but would rather the user is just kicked back to the login screen after idle timer is reached. How can I accomplish this?

In the registry settings, the SCRNSAVE.EXE has to be set to something, and I can't figure out an option other than the screensaver files located in windows/system32. I've seen "logon.scr" used as the value in SCRNSAVE.EXE, but it does nothing on my laptops. Nor can I even find that file on computers where it does work (not owned by me, its a friends).

Further, when applied via GP, some users aren't catching the timeout setting properly and its kicking the screensaver after 60 seconds, instead of 900. Any reason some have a delay, and it takes days for the setting to fully apply and get into the registry?

Thanks!
Jim

A:How to send user to logon screen after 15 minute idle?

Seems scrnsave.scr is the new logon.scr. Now I just need to figure out why some users don't catch the timeout settings properly off the bat via GP.

-Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/268384-how-send-user-logon-screen-after-15-minute-idle.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi everybody,

I've been trying to change my user account picture in the control panel, it worked, and it showed up in the start menu, but it didn't change in the logon screen (still dell default icon). Does anybody know what's wrong?

My system is Dell precision M6600, win7pro 64-bit. My user account has administrator right (in fact I am the only user).

Thanks!

A:can not change user account picture on logon screen

I hope this tutorial will help you to get rid of Dell's stuff.

Clean Up Factory Bloatware

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/231086-can-not-change-user-account-picture-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 63.21%

A friend at work has given me their laptop to look at as their password stopped working (or she forgot it). I tried using the Trinity Rescue Disc to reset the password as it was showing the account as being locked. Now the only option on the logon screen is the guest logon.

Could someone help me restore her username as a logon option and give a way to reset her password?

Her account as far as I'm aware is the administrator account otherwise if just use that to have reset her account.

Thanks in advance...

A:Password needs to be reset and user disappeared from logon screen

im,not 100% but I will give ya what i do know; this one i believe you may have to use the windows disc for the system to reset the password.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316917-password-needs-reset-user-disappeared-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello,

I'm looking for a possibility to change the highlighting of the users icons at the logon screen of windows 7. It's not easy to see, which user is highlighted. At the Vista logon-screen this was much easyer to perceive. The only information I can find, is how to change the background of the logon screen.

Greets Paka

A:Windows 7 logon screen, customize user highlighting

Welcome to the Seven Forums

They are bitmap (.bmp) in the authui.dll in C:\Windows\System32

See screenshots:
bongo #12219 hoover #12220
test #12222 hoover #12218

1 user #12223

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/320954-windows-7-logon-screen-customize-user-highlighting.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have windows XP Home SP and there is one user acount the current condition When I click win L from the keyboard or go to start -- gt log off -- gt switch acount user welecome/logon pre-selected screen the at user I get the user name selected and the password box is ready to enter the password as shown in the first picture what I want I want when I click win L from the keyboard or go to start -- gt log off -- gt switch user to get the user name not selected as shown in picture If I want to log in I have to press on the user name to get to the condition as in picture Then enter the password I used to have the second condition which help to remind me to check the email if I have unread messages right after I log on However after I format the computer I get the current condition I have to remember to click the mouse outside the log user acount pre-selected at the welecome/logon screen on box so I can see if there new emails when I come back nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-acount-pre-selected-at-the-welecome-logon-screen.791483/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello is missing User account files, wallpaper. and icons, I m using Windows XP Pro This computer is years old There are two user accounts on this computer my girlfriend s and mine The computer was freezing do I restarted it After doing so her user account started behaving strange Her wallpaper is gone and the wallpaper is solid blue now All of the icons except for my game shortcuts and files that User account is missing icons, files, and wallpaper. were on her desktop aren t showing up Also it looks like the desktop is using the boxy grey Win theme instead of the blue XP theme After an hour or so of me running scans on my user account it froze up again I restarted it and my desktop was doing the same thing although it kept the XP theme I restarted again and the OS wanted to run checkdisk I let it run to completion My desktop is fine again and hers User account is missing icons, files, and wallpaper. is still behaving strangely I tried running a system restore but nothing changed I tried to end process on explorer exe and manually reopen it but it didn t change anything And now my account is doing it again No wallpaper the computer is running slower and I can t seem to open images or videos What should be my next step Malwarebytes is freezing and so is Avast I m going to try SuperAntiSpyware in the mean time

A:User account is missing icons, files, and wallpaper.

Try downloading one of the versions of Rkill.exe and see if it runs before trying to run any AntiVirus/AntiMalware. After you've done that a log file of what processes were killed is usually created.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/379853/user-account-is-missing-icons-files-and-wallpaper/
Relevancy 62.78%

Gudday all My wife rang me up to tell me that our home computer is playing up The user icon has changed from the daisy icon to the and picture profile icons changes User desktop missing skeleton skull icon This is not the first time is has happened My daughter had a picture User profile picture changes and desktop icons missing of our dog as the user icon which changed to the daisy icon All the desktop icons are gone except for the speed ram meters and User profile picture changes and desktop icons missing the weather widgets that Win has The start menu appears to be OK and programs can be opened and used All she did was just turn the User profile picture changes and desktop icons missing computer on It turned off last night with no apparent troubles The desktop icons will return if I right click on the desktop and check the tick box to display them But the changing user profile icon has me concerned We have Win Home Premium Has anyone had these issues I know that the disappearing desktop icons appears to be rather common The user icon change occurs without warning

A:User profile picture changes and desktop icons missing

Oops.
Just realised I posted in wrong forum

Could a mod move to the win7 PLEASE?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-profile-picture-changes-and-desktop-icons-missing-659461.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I m using Windows XP Pro This computer is years old There are two user accounts on this computer my girlfriend s and mine The computer was freezing do I restarted it After doing so her user account started behaving strange Her wallpaper is gone and the wallpaper is solid blue now All of the icons except for my game shortcuts and files that were on her desktop aren t showing up Also it looks like the desktop is using the boxy grey Win theme instead of the blue XP theme After an hour or so of me running scans on my missing icons, User and is wallpaper. account files, user account it froze up again I restarted it and my desktop was doing User account is missing icons, files, and wallpaper. the same thing although it kept the XP theme I restarted again and the OS wanted to run checkdisk I let it run to completion My desktop is fine again and hers is still behaving strangely I tried running a system restore but nothing changed I tried to end process on explorer exe and manually reopen it but it didn t change anything Is this an explorer exe problem What should I do

A:User account is missing icons, files, and wallpaper.

And now my account is doing it again. No wallpaper, the computer is running slower, and I can't seem to open images or videos.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/379844/user-account-is-missing-icons-files-and-wallpaper/
Relevancy 62.78%

Single Software to modify all system icons Start orb Logon screen First of all I got the information from our new member Pepito of this software I orb, Logon Single screen Start Software system all modify to icons, was finding developer for past few months to develop some software like this here and in other places unfortunately the right combination didnt took place This software is Single Software to modify all system icons, Start orb, Logon screen something very close to my dreamed software I had plan to add more options though unfortunately its only available in French Language So my tutorial writing mind thought to write a small guide to help other users to use it effectively If you have this killer software there is no need to use separate programs for changing logon Screen logon button Start orb and all icons including system icons disk icons program association icons etc So first you need to download right Click here to download the installer file another page will open and the download prompt will come Download here Direct download After you have completed installation by guessing left key is OK and right should be Cancel run the program as Admin You will get a prompt on every run to make a restore point Click Oui to make a restore point or Non to dismiss it and proceed this window will come This the main interface of the program You can see three options quot My Logon quot quot My Orb quot and quot My Icon quot I am going to detail one by one Note Closing any window after clicking any of the three will not close the main program interface My Logon On clicking the option this window will come The preview will show your current logon screen You can change it by clicking quot Modifier quot option and selecting custom logon screen from your hard disk Clicking quot Restaurer quot will revert back to default Above it you can see a dropdown menu saying -par Defaut click it This option will help you to select the behavior of the arrow button beside the password field is default is more transparent is opaque My Orb If you select this option in main program interface this windows will come Very easy interface clicking Remplacer l'Orb will help to change the start orb Restaurer l'Orb will restore to default You can see the animated preview on the small box on the right side of the text quot Plus d'Orb quot above the menus Clicking on quot Remplacer l'Orb quot Change the Orb will lead you to settings of Orb to choose and apply the orb The link quot Plus d'Orb More Orb will lead you to Orb's DeviantArt page My Icon This is the most vast section Almost all the icons including system icons disk icons program association icons etc can be changed from here The interface looks like this Lots of things here Above Where I have drawn a green rectangular boundary there are types of icons My computer Desktop Control panel Explorer icons yes program associations etc I have taken the sceenshot when the first option was selected Where I have drawn a red square boundary with a red arrow outline Right pane Click to load an already downloaded pack and apply all the pack Click here to download about different ready packs Convert Ico to png Plus d'icones is a multi-link to plenty of icons Within this pane you will see the icon you've changed Left Pane A single click on an Icon will lead to options a Modify b Modify from a downloaded pack sometimes on applying a whole pack some icons won't change this option may force the change c Back to default d Apply change to an icon or a pack e Save all your changes in an Icons Pack very useful when you apply icon of your own choice i e you can make your personal pack If you can not understand any sentence in the GUI just use online translator of your choice to translate to English It has also an online help file you can translate the page to use more effectively Hope you enjoy the software Thanks to Pepito for helping to add more textual explanation

A:Single Software to modify all system icons, Start orb, Logon screen

Thanks for sharing mate. Will download and try later.
cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/111260-single-software-modify-all-system-icons-start-orb-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi All I have Windows Slow 64BIT Logon...Black refresh!! screen...Icons Win7 Ultimate bit when it's staring up I get the normal windows screen with the animated icon then it goes into a black Slow Logon...Black screen...Icons refresh!! Win7 64BIT screen and I have to wait for my logon screen to load about - seconds I enter my user name and password and it logs on again slow about - seconds like something is loading the screen goes black then it's goes to its normal win background then my icons load then they all refresh Any ideas I've been through all the Microsoft tech-net forums and found nothing It seems to be some sort of service loading up with a delayed start Or I notice my network icon takes a while to load i e the circle is going round over the internet access screen icon bottom right hand side of the screen is this an issue with ip version Anyway any help I would be grateful I've tried updating my drivers and all is ok I've tried various registry tweaks nothing I've installed and uninstalled my drivers nothing

A:Slow Logon...Black screen...Icons refresh!! Win7 64BIT

Have you disabled Startup and non-Microsoft services via msconfig?
How does it behave if you boot to Safe Mode with Networking?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/223504-slow-logon-black-screen-icons-refresh-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi

I somehow lost my logon screen prompt. I have more than one user on my home PC and want to prevent other users accessing my account, but when I boot up I log straight on without having to enter the administrator password. I get prompted for a password only when logging on and off between users. Can someone suggest how to fix this please.

Thanks

A:Logon prompt screen missing

Run a search for

logonui.exe

If you don't have that on yourcomputer anymore, that's the problem. Just download a fresh copy by searching www.ask.co.uk

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-prompt-screen-missing-9925.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Is it possible to limit the number of icons/users that appear at Win 7 Pro 32 startup/login screen.

I would like to have only the main users account show up rather than all 3 accounts that have administrative privileges on this system ?

Putting it another way...can I have a number of administrative user accounts on one PC but only the 'main' user's login name/password login icon appear on the main startup/login screen ?

Thanks...TRinAZ

A:Keep only one user on Win7 startup/logon screen when starting Windows

Hello trinaz.

I have to ask. Why?

If you only have 1 user account displayed, then you can't log into the other accounts, which begs the question why you don't just delete them (during deletion, you can opt to save files that are stored in them).

If you do not want people accessing the Admin accounts, give them passwords and/or change them to limited accounts. Or you could always delete them.

I do not belive this can be done through normal means, meaning without installing some kind of customization software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/224441-keep-only-one-user-win7-startup-logon-screen-when-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I recently just battled the virus After Black User Removal 7; Virus in Windows Screen After Logon Win Small-NNE trj from the Anti-Phishing Domain Adviser program that was installed without my knowledge Now that it is removed Black Screen After User Logon in Windows 7; After Virus Removal and I am declared virus free by Avast Malwarebyes and Spybot Search and Destroy I started my computer up in normal mode However after logging in it is just black with a white cursor I have two monitors but in case it matters there is only one cursor and it can move to either screen I cannot access crtl alt del for the task manager and it just sits and sits I didn't have the patience Black Screen After User Logon in Windows 7; After Virus Removal to wait more than ten minutes because I know its not supposed to do that Prior to the virus issue it booted in less than thrity seconds all the way to my desktop Oh and the time from log-in to supposed desktop screen is longer than usual but still not more than a minute or two So my question is now is this repairable or did the virus do permanent damage to my pc If it is please please instruct me on how to fix it since it does still run in safe mode I don't think it would help for you to know my model specifications but it is custom so if you need to know a certain part I will tell you instead of just rambling off everything in the case lol Your help is greatly appreciated

A:Black Screen After User Logon in Windows 7; After Virus Removal

So it seems in C:\ProgramData the Anti-Phising program still had a file. After deleting it, and with minor delay my computer loaded my desktop like normal. I think it was like, holding my computer hostage lol.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/247126-black-screen-after-user-logon-windows-7-after-virus-removal.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey just a question in relation to moving quot C User quot location SSD to quot E User quot location + different icons missing | Moving duplicate HDD links USER files to different HDD I previously had all my all my folders Windows Users Program Files etc on my SSD but I decided to install Windows RP gave it a try and successfully migrated the User Moving USER files to different HDD | duplicate links + missing icons folder from the C drive to the E drive and it worked first time I decided to go back to Windows Important files backed up to third HDD so not a major inconvenience to install a OS I followed the lt a href quot http whirlpool net au wiki moving user files quot gt same guide lt a gt when installing Windows x Ultimate except this time I got a shortcut file to my new documents but when going through the shortcut from C it goes to C Users bedroom instead of E Users bedroom now I'm guessing I just failed to do the below command properly but just to be sure for when I do it next time I'll know for certain Code rmdir quot C users quot S Q Basically my first question is can I delete the shortcut that's in C Just don't want to stuff anything up any more then I have currently My second question can someone check my registry entries that I changed see screenshot below just to make sure I've done it right ----- Second question some of my system programs and profile image have disappeared It should look like this But mine looks like this I did a quick search and found a way to get them back Start Menu All Programs in Windows - Restore Default Shortcuts and I've got them all back now but still don't have the default photo above bedroom and on login screen and I also don't know what is missing other then those there could potentially be more but that's the only one I've run into so far So does anyone know what causes it It seemed to happen after doing system updates but I'm not sure

A:Moving USER files to different HDD | duplicate links + missing icons

Update and Run a full scan with Malwarebytes.

Restore User profile using Option Two here: User Profile - Change Default Location

In the future for greater stability and less issues, simply copy your named User folder contents to folder created on desired drive, then rightclick each to add them to relevant Library - Include a Folder - Windows 7 Forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/232870-moving-user-files-different-hdd-duplicate-links-missing-icons.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all Some Background I'm currently administrator of a couple different groups of computers at a university and I've been looking into changing the layout of the logon screen I've found a lot of information but something that I have wanted from the start has eluded me What I'm trying to and button switch screen logon Trying to with make user guest account do I'd like to set the logon screen or welcome screen I suppose to display only one available account the guest account that I have personalized for professors or students to use not the same as the default Windows guest account I would also like to have the option to switch users at the logon screen preferably Trying to make logon screen with guest account and switch user button with the on-screen button that says switch users which I can't seem to get to display using my methods System Specs All of the PCs I am administrating have some differences Simply put I have a bunch of desktops running Win Pro x and a bunch of NetBooks running Win Starter x What I have tried I've made my attempts on one of the NetBooks thus far since I can carry it around On Win Starter it seems that quot Switch User quot is disabled but I think it is still in the PC because when I tried a Registry Hack that hides all user accounts except the one that was last logged into I had the option to switch users but only when the account I last used had a password The guest account does not and cannot have one Anyway the registry hack I just mentioned involves going to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft WindowsNT CurrentVersion ProfileList and creating a bogus key under the ProfileList key I also tried a similar thing to the above which didn't work I can't remember what it was though I have also tried hiding the default administrative account I made while keeping the other account visible but this results in me not being able to log into that account from the Login screen and the system will automatically login to the guest account because it doesn't have a password Not necessarily a bad thing but I need a way to get into the other account This was done by changing HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft WindowsNT CurrentVersion WinLogon SpecialAccounts UserList and adding the account to hide as a bit DWORD Don't hide all of your administrator accounts in this fashion or you'll be screwed FYI The third thing I tried was adding an entry for fast user switching and enabling disabling it in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Polcies System and adjusting the quot HideFastUserSwitching quot key This didn't seem to have any effect I also tried various combinations of the above but that didn't get me the outcome I was looking for either This has all been on the netbook but I'm looking for a solution that will work on the NetBooks and the Desktops Closing Statements That's it thanks for any help

A:Trying to make logon screen with guest account and switch user button

Your best bet probably would be do not display any accounts.
Log On with User Name and Password

But your users would have to memorize login. Or you can write a little note right on the Welcome screen wallpaper by editing it in Paint and changing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/178002-trying-make-logon-screen-guest-account-switch-user-button.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Dear Members I hope someone out there would give me a guide on how to resolve it back to normal started the laptop in the morning and what I find is all my icons in the desktop missing tried to do system restore to an earlier point but profile,and user desktop restore Missing no icons, system points. it says there is no system restore point created tried chkdsk at elevated cmd prompt but it says unable to go further because of quot f parameter not specified CHKDSK only in read only mode quot and then it just stops my desktop now has a very basic appearance and all the letters under the what ever remaining icons are like in low graphics went on to user profiles in c drive but yes am happy I have another user profile mentioned there and clicking it i see all my documents and downloads in their Missing user profile,and desktop icons, no system restore points. specified folders But as in default as in now I cant view anything on the quot my documents folders quot the question is - since the restore points have been of no help How can i start my laptop with the normal user profile where I saw the folder with all I wanted also with this present profile it prompted a small notification saying quot you have been logged on with a temporary profile quot Please help me guide me Thanks a lot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385696-missing-user-profile-desktop-icons-no-system-restore-points.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello everybody

My first post here, hope I'm doing it right.

I'm trying to get a Windows 7 Standard Embedded to work as "it should"

The issue can be seen on the attached photo in this post.

No matter what CAB I install after the image has been build the screen I get under "Control Panel" - "User Accounts" - "User Accounts" is the one I have attached.

I can't find the right feature or pack that I need to install or activate to make me be able to get the normal setting screen in "User Accounts".

Is there any of you people who can tell me what am doing wrong?

Best regards
Morten

A:User Control Panel missing settings and icons - Windows 7 Embedded

Test for infection, run SFC, establish a Clean Boot, then continue through the other Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 reporting back as you go in case other steps are indicated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/375620-user-control-panel-missing-settings-icons-windows-7-embedded.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Okay so I followed this tutorial: Change Windows 7 Logon/Logoff Screensaver! and I know this ia a common problem but anyways I receive an error that Direct 3D 9.0 is missing. Keep in mind this is for the windows 7 logon screen... How do I enable this so I can have my own custom screensavers at the logon screen???

Also I have gotten the logon.scr file but I don't want to use that screensaver at the logon screen...

A:Direct 3D 9.0 is missing on Windows 7 logon screen... how to enable?

Bump... I still need help with this problem please...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/304700-direct-3d-9-0-missing-windows-7-logon-screen-how-enable.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm running identical Vista Enterprise computers in a lab environment on a Windows Domain and am having an issue with the user Logon in Picture Frame Domain Vista Account Screen User Empty - account picture Namely on the user logon screen just above the fields for the username and password there's a giant empty frame where the user account picture should be I've already replaced the user bmp and guest bmp so that our company logo will show up for users in the start menu after they've logged in and will show up in the logon window for their user name if they've locked their session but I'm unable to get the picture to show up on the original logon screen before the user logs Vista User Account Picture - Empty Frame in Domain Logon Screen in Some group policies we have include Interactive logon Do not display last user name Enabled Vista User Account Picture - Empty Frame in Domain Logon Screen Interactive logon Vista User Account Picture - Empty Frame in Domain Logon Screen Do not require CTRL ALT DEL Enabled Always use classic logon Enabled So far I haven't found any good info that refers to this problem I've only seen two posts on these forums that come close to the problem I'm having but neither touch on it directly and provide a solution They are http forums microsoft com TechNet ShowPost aspx PostID amp SiteID http forums microsoft com TechNet ShowPost aspx PostID amp SiteID Does anyone know if it's even possible to force a user account picture to be displayed on the Vista logon screen when on a domain Thanks in advance Trelf

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/881f6bbe-7f39-4151-85ff-da3e2e147c2f/vista-user-account-picture-empty-frame-in-domain-logon-screen?forum=itprovistadesktopui
Relevancy 61.06%

I have two computers my desktop which I am on right now and a User to received when profile I the The Today Service service cannot logon to attempted be faileld my laptop loaded. msg: I Profile User Logon. HP laptop with Windows Home Professional I have two accounts set up on it nbsp One in my name and Today when I attempted to logon to my laptop I received msg: The User Profile Service service faileld the Logon. User profile cannot be loaded. I am Admin and one in my son's name with just basic user priviledges Today when I attempted to logon to my laptop I received msg: The User Profile Service service faileld the Logon. User profile cannot be loaded. nbsp Yesterday I had been signed on the laptop under my profile and switched users to his account nbsp Last night when we logged off I logged him off first Then attempted to log me off when the message came up quot another user is connected quot nbsp Today when I tried to log in as myself I received quot The User Profile Service service failed the Logon nbsp User profile cannot be loaded I can't get in to restore because my Admin password my login failed nbsp I tried coming up in safe mode but still can't get past the admin password nbsp How do I fix this nbsp The way it stands now I can't do anything other than surf nbsp Can't add programs can't uninstall etc

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ad0180d8-821f-4c8f-af79-29fefe3a8894/today-when-i-attempted-to-logon-to-my-laptop-i-received-msg-the-user-profile-service-service?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 59.77%

When I first bought my desktop, the Windows 7 welcome screen displayed all users icons. Something has changed since then and now only one user icon shows at a time and you have to click "change user" for someone else to log on. How do I change the welcome screen back to the way it was?

Thanks for the help!

Tony

A:Problems with user icons on welcome screen

1. Open regedit
2. GoTo HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
3. Right-click on “ProfileList” and click export to save the entire subtree as your backup.
4. If you find an account named .Default you can delete it. If your problem isn't resolved, then continue on:
5. GoTo HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList again.
6. You will find several subfolders under Profile list with names similar to “S-1-x-xx…”, open them one at a time.
7. Each should contain at least the three value-sets, “Flags”, “ProfileImagePath” and “State”, some will contain more.
1. Look at the end of ProfileImagePath for the name of the user represented by the key.
2. You will usually have one for each user on the system, and one for each of the three system entries ‘systemprofile’, ‘LocalService’ and ’NetworkService’
8. Delete any key (i.e. the whole “S-1-x-xx” folder) that does not contain at least those three values.
9. The welcome screen should now work as expected, showing the avatars for all registered users.
10. You did make a back up as per step 3 didn't you ??

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/139961-problems-user-icons-welcome-screen.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am using Windows XP Pro with service pack I have Eset Nod for antivirus antispyware I had been going on Ebay a lot to get clothes for the grandkids I started getting a lot of Http Bad Error pages when looking at different and more pages Different online forums said that I might need an error fix tool I downloaded and ran Uniblue Registry Booster After I ran it it said that Welcome No user Screen log-on icons/pictures. or I had to restart my computer for the fixes to take place I had already ran this No Welcome Screen or user log-on icons/pictures. a couple of times so thougt nothing of it this time I logged off and hit Restart the computer shut off and came back up but now I only get the Dell Windows Screen with the scoll that zips across the bottom It No Welcome Screen or user log-on icons/pictures. then No Welcome Screen or user log-on icons/pictures. takes me to what I think may be the Welcome Screen just not loaded all of the way It is the light blue background with the WinXP logo but no Welcome word and no user log on icons I cannot get logged onto my computer at all I am on the Hubby's computer but I really really need my computer as his is for play and mine with tons of stuff on it is for business I have started in Safe Mode and gone down thru everything on that screen to no avail If I could get logged on I could restore back to an earlier time as I do the restore quite often but I just cannot get logged on I have tried Ctrl Alt Del but no go there either When I do turn on my computer I have to turn it back off by holding the button in because I have no 'Turn Off' computer button on that blue screen either l read somewhere about taking my 'C' drive out and making it into a slave drive I'm not sure if I am speaking right here but I have no idea what that means I also have a separate external hard drive I was wondering if it would be possible to switch the drive into that one to hook up to Hubby's to get my info out I'm grasping at straws here because I'm lost and don't really have a clue what to do to fix this Any help would be sooooo very much appreciated Thanks in advance Rita

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-welcome-screen-or-user-log-on-icons-pictures-477209.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, I have this on login attempt

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
It then logs off and directs me back to same screen.

As I stupidly only have one account I have no access to play with any windows options!!!

Please he lp
Just turned on other PC on home network and was able to access the shared folders on problem pc.

Is there any way to correct without a clean install?

Thank You

SOLVED....... Big apologies to all staff at TSG.. I didn't search enough posts.

But I found this and followed exactly. Don't know if it was for Vista, but workedlike a charm on Win 7 x64 Ultimate.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/787436-solved-user-profile-service-has.html
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-but-only-one-logon-account.927771/
Relevancy 59.77%

Windows 2003 server local policy keeps loosing the users that I set so that it can be browsed accross the workgroup. I can browse the server from the other pcs in the workgroup only for a few minutes until the policy looses the users all by itself. I cannot find anything that can explain what's going on. BTW - I can browse the other computers from the server with no problem. The local policy on the other computers don't change themselves. TY

A:logon failure: the user has -been granted the requested logon type at this computer

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer

If you see this message the following should be done on the computer containing the shared files:

Download the following and install it

Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=4544

after installation is complete, click on: Start, All Programs, Windows Resource Kit Tools, Command Shell

Then enter the following commands. (Attention: they are case sensitive.)

net user guest /active:yes
ntrights +r SeNetworkLogonRight -u Guest
ntrights -r SeDenyNetworkLogonRight -u Guest

The first command enables network access for Guest, the two subsequent ones change two different policies to allow network access for Guest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-failure-the-user-has-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-computer.693444/
Relevancy 59.77%

I've tried every fix that I can find on the internet to get around this issue. I've identified the problem to be the local policy on the 2003 server that allows incoming access erases the accounts I add after a few minutes, therefore I can no longer access the server from another computer in the workgroup. I can always access any computer from the server. I need help....please. TY

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange1-logon-failure-the-user-has-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this.693734/
Relevancy 59.77%

Please help! I am trying to logon to my computer and am getting The User Profile Service failed the logon message for both my Lucy and Lucy Administrator profiles. I have looked on here to find a solution and have tried to do a system restore but it tells me that there are no settings to restore to ?? Most other messages just dont make sense as Im not great at dealing with computers when they go wrong! I would be really grateful if anyone knows how I can sort this out. The only thing I can do is log into Safe Mode and I have no idea where to go from here!
Thanks

A:Vista logon issue - The User Profile Service failed the logon ???

Hi Lucy

The following tutorial will give you instructions on how to fix this - The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277998-vista-logon-issue-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I accidently screwed up the administrator account and once, i tried to install a software and it came "You need a administrator password to proceed"so i typed it then it came the error"this user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer i tried a lot but its still not working and i cant install anythin..so please help me

A:Logon failure:this user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-failure-this-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-compute.1084708/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello all This is my first ever post usually with a bit of searching I can find the answers to most computer related issues I have but no matter how hard I look I cannot find the answer I need granted not has Logon requested the logon this compute user failure: type been the at to solve this rather annoying problem So here is the low down I have my desktop PC running Windows Ultimate I also have a cheap old Asus netbook running Windows XP home edition SP not much on it so it runs ok I am trying to share files between them so my Mrs can access the music on my PC So Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute far I have been able to access the shared files folder from my netbook on my PC I can also detect the PC under the Workgroup tab of 'My Network Places' on the netbook However whenever I double click on the 'Richyv-pc' icon in the Workgroup folder is comes up with an error message that states quot Richyv-pc is not accessible You might not have perrmission to use this network resource Contract the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions Logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer quot I have granted full share access to all the wanted files from my PC with access to 'Everyone' with read write control I have tried many different things from many different forums but none have fixed this problem Im sure Im missing something obvious but I just cant see it My PC is part of a homegroup because of my work laptop that I bring home from time to time but I dont think this is causing the problem Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated Many thanks Richy V

A:Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute

Hi and welcome to TSF see the steps here and check that you have followed them Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP - How-To Geek

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-compute-645121.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hie guys Iwas looking on some postas with regard to this topic and tried to implement the suggestions I followed the suggestion below To resolve this problem on the remote computer select Administrative Tools gt Local Security Settings gt Local Policies gt User Rights Assignment right-click on Access this computer from the network gt Properties gt Add Users or Groups add everyone or any users you want to be able to access the computer from the network This fixed the problem on the interim and at The Logon Failure: the user logon requested granted been not type has t I could access my file shares and printers However when I restart the machine or even log off nad log on again the prblem resurfaces and all the user accounts Iand groups i wolud have added to Administrative Tools gt Local Security Settings gt Local Policies gt User Rights Assignment right-click on Access this computer from the network gt will be removed and the field empty hence I suspect spam the disallow remote access Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at t by editing these entries Any ideas on how Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at t this can be resolved would be appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-t-441971.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have two win xp sp2 pcs. Both of them are in the same workgroup. I can ping each one from the other. I can access the shared folders of one pc from the other. But the reverse is not true. I cannot access shared folders of the other machine.
I am attaching the error message here.

A:logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type

After going through a similar thread I installed windows resource toolkit and entered the command mentioned in that thread. But now I am getting Access Is Denied instead of logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-237417.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am the primary user of my computer and would like to see only my icon at the
Sign On screen. There are 2 other infrequent users and I would like to hide their icons and just show mine. Recently on two occasions when I booted up the Sign On screen had only my icon and I was pleasently surprised. I was not aware this was even possible, and still do not know what I did to make this happen. It seems
to me that there is a way to adjust the software to make this happen at every boot up. I spent hours seaching this site but could not find any information on how to accomplish this.

A:How to hide other user icons at sign on screen.

Hello IROKRUOK2,

If you like, you could use the tutorial below to set Windows 7 to require users to enter both their user name and password to hide all user icons on the log on screen.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/219371-how-hide-other-user-icons-sign-screen.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Ok so i was told to make my own thread so ill try to go thoroughly through what ive done I will keep this updated for anyone else searching for the similar problem PLEASE READ st BEFORE TRYING ON YOUR COMPUTER might learn from my mistakes if there icons, icons, all Desktop, start all malware, menu missing empty missing programs Black is any Original problemsYesterday got popups saying error and would come back min after you close them Got something saying quot Remove Windows Recovery quot and quot system scanning quot wouldn t close EVER quot User account control quot kept asking for permission and i kept denying had to quickly click off screen on a web page to get it to Black Desktop, missing all icons, malware, start menu missing icons, programs all empty stop asking Desktop was blank and blackStart menu was empty everything missing task bar all unpinned also What ive doneWent to use advira asked to update so i figures why not quick so it does better well not sure if that has anything to do with it but i was unable to quot system scan quot yet i could still right click a folder and scan with advira So i looked what to do online since all i could do was still go on line thankfully and i found this http malwarecrypt com index php PHPSESSID bf Black Desktop, missing all icons, malware, start menu missing icons, programs all empty d c a b d d e d amp topic basically saying to - Empty Temp Storage so I did Then found this place shortly after and Downloaded AVG and used it quot Object name quot quot C Users Jeremiah AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Low Content IE EMY BH gfwlivesetup d fa e DIR exe quot Then used AVG tune up kit which in turn quot fixed quot files Also SIDE NOTE by this time my computer isnt having any more pop ups thankfully Then downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and used it Registry Data Items Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced Start ShowMyComputer PUM Hijack StartMenu - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced Start ShowSearch PUM Hijack StartMenu - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully After MBAM I still dont have anything back on my desktop besides newly downloaded things and still no start menu items and documents all still say empty I find unhide exe and use it also go to control panel and check UNhide all hidden folders get a few back By this time i just read that i SHOULDNT have emptied my temp folders BLEEP MEI go back and do a few random steps just to try tdskiller exe nothing bad appears Rkill com nothing terminated I download SystemLook bit posed here post http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page hl start menu and folders are empty windows st Tried doing the following and i was unable to because C Program Data Start Menu didnt exist and C Users Jeremiah AppData Local Temp smtmp all the folders are empty anyways not sure if that matters but thought it was important This is what you have to do Copy all content of this folder C Users Matthew AppData Local Temp smtmp and paste it to this folder C Program Data Start MenuNOTE quot Start Menu quot folder is a system folder so in order to see it in Windows Explorer go Tools gt Folder Options gt View tab and UN-check quot Hide protected operating system files quot Then Copy all content of this folder C Users Matthew AppData Local Temp smtmp and paste it to this folder C Program Data DesktopNOTE quot Desktop quot is also a system folder Then downloaded and completed Current User Start Menu zipThen was told to make my own thread Problems I still haveHave to repin everything my self not a big deal Start menu is empty on right hand side of course All my folders in all programs say empty when clicked onStill missing SOME icons on desktop-ALSO Avira is now letting me do a system scan as it wouldn t earlier Id like to know what caused this can streaming movies from http www... Read more

A:Black Desktop, missing all icons, malware, start menu missing icons, programs all empty

I went through this same thing. The folders that say empty...are they light rather than normal? If so you didn't change the setting for files and folders correctly (I did the same thing at first) Open up windows explorer (my computer, etc) click on organize, then go down to folder and search options:

On the first tab (general) under navigation pane make sure "show all folders" is selected.

Then go to the next tab (view) and make sure those settings are correct, select the radio for "show hidden files, folders and drives" and make sure all your other settings are the way you want them.
I got mine from clicking on a link to a website I'd never gone to before and then what i thought was adobe told me that I needed to update my flash player to view the content on the page, I clicked ok and it took over my computer with the same exact things you're talking about.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426701/black-desktop-missing-all-icons-malware-start-menu-missing-icons-programs-all-empty/
Relevancy 58.48%

My welcome screen login always had two icons with the my user names. Since doing a registry clean with JV16 Powertools 2009 my screen changed and now I have to type in a box named "other user" the name of user I want. Since I did a reboot after the clean and the welcome was changed. I know for a fact this was caused by JV16. Since that scan I have not been able to restore my system to an earlier date either. I have tried everything and have not been able to fix my problem. This happened once before but I was able fix the login issue by doing system restore but this time restore stopped working.

A:User Icons Welcome screen corrupted by JV16 Powertools

Hello zonajoe, welcome to Seven Forums!

As a first place to start, have a look at the tutorial at the link below.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Be sure to post back with the outcome.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/69725-user-icons-welcome-screen-corrupted-jv16-powertools.html
Relevancy 58.05%

When I select "Save As", the screen which opens is now missing the icons down the left hand side. The rest of the screen works as normal. How can I restore the icons for My Computer, My Documents, etc? The odd part is that when I select "Save As" in any MS Office 2003 application, the icons are all there. I am using Windows XP PRO SP2.

A:Missing Icons on Save As screen

Can you show us a screen shot

How To Capture a Screen Shot of your Desktop or the Active Window in Windows
http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-icons-on-save-as-screen.597654/
Relevancy 57.62%

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Since the upgrade I have noticed the following:

When my computer comes alive from screen saver mode, sometimes though not always all the icons are missing. The task bar is there but clicking on any item there does nothing. It's like everything just seizes up.

Any solutions please. It is frustrating.

Ta Oakey

A:Mouse disappears off screen and icons missing

Sounds like you have a virtual desktop that got added somehow. Click on the taskbar icon that looks like the square with two ears (next to Cortana in my screen shot. See if you have more than one desktops and close the extra one.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/41561-mouse-disappears-off-screen-icons-missing.html
Relevancy 57.62%

hello to all the boys are pleased to be part of the forum ..... I have a problem I can not see more in the icon bar of the start screen of my windows 8.1 tried to explain to a previous restore point but without result ..... I do not want to reformat everything ... thank you in advance and if anyone willing to help me (sorry for my english)

A:start screen windows 8.1 bar icons missing

I think it's normal. I don't have it either.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43245-start-screen-windows-8-1-bar-icons-missing.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Got a weird bug that's just happened:

This happened after I uninstalled all my metro apps this morning, rebooted then reinstalled them. Chrome also updated in the meantime.

They're the only icons that are broke so clearly something has happened between now and then to stop icons displaying properly for new programs.

Is it worth rebuilding icon cache? Not sure the icons for metro are the same as filetype icons in Explorer though.

A:Some App icons in Metro All Apps screen missing

I tried deleting the icon cache file file but it didn't fix it.
I also tried installing a new software and it too did not get an icon created in the menu.
However, if I pin it to start menu the app's icon works there.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/17694-some-app-icons-metro-all-apps-screen-missing.html
Relevancy 57.62%

in the tray at the right hand bottom side of the screen I usually have my Wireless internet Icon and its just suddenly disappeared I am still connected to the internet but I like to in screen Icons tray bottom of missing at see my connection speed and strength Icons missing in tray at bottom of screen I have no idea how to get it back there I ve tried going to show all connections - gt then right clicking my wireless then propeties and turning on quot show icon in notification area when connected quot that dosen t work I ve also tried the classic drag and drop method but it wont let me drop it into the right-hand side The icon just isn t there anymore its driving me insane I can still see it in network places but i want it back in the tray i m sure this seems abit silly to some people Anyone got any suggestions Also i m using Windows XP HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system WgaTray exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I T EXE C Program Files Samsung Samsung Media Studio SamsungMediaStudioAgent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NSMdtr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe C Documents and Settings Program Desktop HiJackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO CNisExtBho Class - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-gb msntb dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO EpsonToolBandKicker ... Read more

A:Icons missing in tray at bottom of screen

Hi, Dood

Welcome.

NTS.exe sounds like malware.

Lets discard that possibility.

Download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download.

Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log and in your next reply
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply along with a Hijackthis log.

Click Close to exit the program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/icons-missing-in-tray-at-bottom-of-screen.640117/
Relevancy 56.76%

In Safe Mode was able to use MBAM and SuperAntispyware on a friend's computer running Vista Home Premium. Upon restart, however, a black screen appeared with only the Recycle Bin and SuperAntispyware icons present. Safe Mode (using the F8 key) won't work. Tried right-clicking the desktop/View, but "Show Desktop Items" is checked. Start/Search box has a blinking cursor, but won't accept any typing, so couldn't try a Restore. Same thing with the Google search box. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:infections removed, now black screen, missing icons

Welcome aboard Let's see, if we can recover your missing features.Download and run UnHideLet me know, if it worked.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432461/infections-removed-now-black-screen-missing-icons/
Relevancy 56.76%

Okay first hello and thanks for any info you could provide.

First my screen resolution is 1920x1200

The logon screen is this same resolution, thus the User Account Picture on Logon Screen size looks about 1 inch squared

Is there anyway to change this to make it larger

Note: I'm talking about the User Account Picture not the logon screen

A:User Account Picture on Logon Screen size "Windows 7 Ultimate x64"

Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroProfile

Okay first hello and thanks for any info you could provide.

First my screen resolution is 1920x1200

The logon screen is this same resolution, thus the User Account Picture on Logon Screen size looks about 1 inch squared

Is there anyway to change this to make it larger

Note: I'm talking about the User Account Picture not the logon screen

If you're the only person that uses that pc, set a password and it will help make your pc more secure, plus you will have a bigger user account picture.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239347-user-account-picture-logon-screen-size-windows-7-ultimate-x64.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

I would like to rename the "Other User" tile at the logon screen to something different like "BOB GENERIC" (not what we would use).
Dont know if it matters or not, but we have enabled policy "Do not show last logged user".

THanks

A:Rename "Other user" tile in logon screen

Hi,

Based my research and knowledge, we may not be able to achieve this request.Kim Zhou

TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/eb92da85-a682-4fb2-92db-73163f7da673/rename-quotother-userquot-tile-in-logon-screen?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

My computer is in domain and i am using third party software for login (2FA).
i want to disable the "other user" option on logon screen or if i click on other user nothing should happen.

i should authenticate only using third party software via domain.

Kindly help to fix it.
Bachchulal varma

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/51319-i-want-disable-other-user-option-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all - I had a virus about a week ago (Virtumonde) and managed to remove it after some work. I then later tried to install Windows XP SP3 and it failed on install due to "access denied" error... probably AVG or Spysweeper. Anyway, I went into mu user account just to do some looking and checking and noticed that my icons in the Learn About section are just "X's" as well as the icon next to the User Accounts title (see screen shot).Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated... little frustrated.orion6192

A:Missing Icon on User Control Screen

Try running this scan, which should reset any restrictions caused by malware:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131299/how-to-use-sdfix/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/186821/missing-icon-on-user-control-screen/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi Working on cleaning an infected machine for a business customer Ran combofix and removed quite a few infections I then ran adwcleaner again lots of registry keys services etc found and removed After rebooting however I do not get a user account to click on when I reach the Windows welcome screen If I boot in safe mode I can logon no problem Everything looks fine This particular machine is running important software for the customer and a reinstall would be very much a last case scenario and a major headache for everyone involved Here's what I've tried so far - Tried creating another user account in safe mode No luck it appears to allow me create the account but no accounts appear Changed how users log on to prompt for ctrl-alt-del currently logging on by clicking on the win animal avatar etc Once I reboot and press ctrl-alt-del I am left with the same screen as the previous logon type Just a blue windows screen with windows professional at the bottom Everything looks normal apart from there being no option to log on or select after Screen Win ADWCleaner Accounts 7 Missing from Welcome User a user account Tried system restore - no luck Tried last known good config - no luck Next option Missing User Accounts from Win 7 Welcome Screen after ADWCleaner is an sfc scan Also running a malwarebytes and eset online scan at the moment which are finding further infections Anyone seen similar behavior before System is Windows Pro Missing User Accounts from Win 7 Welcome Screen after ADWCleaner SP In a workgroup enviroonment Thank you

A:Missing User Accounts from Win 7 Welcome Screen after ADWCleaner

UPDATE**********

After Malwarebytes found and quarantined another host of infections I was able to login as normal. All fixed now! Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534090/missing-user-accounts-from-win-7-welcome-screen-after-adwcleaner/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello Tech guy and everyone out there:

I really need some help with this issue. Whenever I restart my computer and it gets to the welcome screen, I cannot see the administrative logon window. The only two windows I see there are the Lenovo "password logon" window and the "other user logon" window. One other strange this about the "user logon window" is that the picture in it is missing. The window is filled with the same green color of the welcome screen.

I have tried everything but I am still falling short of solving the problem. What could have caused this? Can anyone help me out here, please?

I run Windows Vista Business 32 Bit.
I also own a Lenovo Laptop.

Thank you.
Emmanuel Kesse

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/administrative-account-and-other-user-log-on-missing-at-welcome-screen.839398/
Relevancy 56.33%

(reposted from Customization)

Having just learned from an OLD post here that renaming a user account apparently doesn't change the order in which the corresponding logon icons appear at startup -- due to the order being apparently determined by when each folder was originally created, which was when this computer was first opened back in 2011 -- I want to be able, after creating a new user account, to migrate data from the account whose name I changed. I'd been previously suggested to try User Profile Wizard from Forensit.com... would this be a good idea, or can you suggest something different?

HP/Compaq CQ2014, AMD E-300, Radeon HD graphics, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit custom SP1, 3MB RAM, 500GB disk

Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/392449-create-new-user-migrate-old-users-data-change-logon-icon-order.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Having just learned from an OLD post here that renaming a user account apparently doesn't change the order in which the corresponding logon icons appear at startup -- due to the order being apparently determined by when each folder was originally created, which was when this computer was first opened back in 2011 -- I want to be able, after creating a new user account, to migrate data from the account whose name I changed. I'd been previously suggested to try User Profile Wizard from Forensit.com... would this be a good idea, or can you suggest something different?

HP/Compaq CQ2014, AMD E-300, Radeon HD graphics, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit custom SP1, 3MB RAM, 500GB disk

Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/392313-create-new-user-migrate-old-users-data-change-logon-icon-order.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I noticed a few days ago that these icons were missing: http://server6.theimagehosting.com/i...titled.128.JPG (look on the left of the picture)

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/i...titled.37f.JPG (also look on the left) PS: The "lol" profile you see there is just a test profile to see if the problem occured on that one too. It did. :(
Oh yeah, when you open the screenshots above, click on them again to see the full size version

Also, other icons missing in that same section are the ones that say "browse for more pictures" you know...

Any help is appreciated!

A:Small icons missing from "User Accounts"

Hi

Do you see this behavior on your desktop, in win explorer or anywhere else with icons?

There is a repair routine available, but it resets them all to how they were when you first installed XP.

DO you have TweakUI installed from Windows XP Powertoys?

Have you ran any spyware/virus checkups yet?

I would do that in SafeMode just to be sure this isn't security issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/small-icons-missing-from-user-accounts-131403.html
Relevancy 56.33%

an acount on my computer will not load. it says the user proflile service failed the logon. user profile can not be loaded. ive seen other questions like this and they said to make a new acount. i tried that multiple times and it says the same thing for each new acount that i make. the other 4 acounts are fine

A:the user proflile service failed the logon. user profile can not be loaded.

If your newly created accounts can't log on, then it is time to check for something else.

In case there is hard drive corruption, I would check the hard drive. Right click on Drive C and choose Properties, > Tools tab > Check Now. The machine will need to reboot for the check to begin. See if the check reports of any problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-proflile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-can-not-be-loaded.1117371/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am running on Windows 7 and I tried creating a new user. Every time I try to logon I get the error message User Logon Service service has failed.

I created the user under standard and admin and still no luck.

I found some answers but these are for corrupt user. I cannot even find my user name under regedit.

thanks

Joy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-user-created-error-message-user-logon-service-failed.1165290/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all I had to repair Windows XP Home from original disk because of a system error Now choose Showing to Cannot user Names Startup at Welcome No User a logon : Windows when I start Windows on the welcome page it says quot To begin click your user name quot but the right part of the screen where the users normally are is completely blank There are no users to choose from I can run No User Names Showing at Windows Welcome Startup : Cannot choose a user to logon Safe Mode so I have tried the following In safe mode went to Control Panel gt Users gt and added a new user and checked the Administrator password was still the same yes This made no difference and blue logon screen still asked me to choose a user but had no users showing In safe mode Start gt Run quot Control Userpasswords quot and unchecked quot Users must use a password on this computer quot This has now created the error when I boot quot Unable to log you on because of an account restriction quot Then goes back to blue quot To begin click your user name quot but no users Tried repairing Win XP AGAIN but no difference Has anyone seen this problem before I would so appreciate any input Thanks MJ nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-user-names-showing-at-windows-welcome-startup-cannot-choose-a-user-to-logon.703502/
Relevancy 56.33%

When I tried to log on to my computer, I'm getting this message saying, the user profile service failed the logon, User profile cannot be loaded. Please someone tell me how I can fix this problem. I tried rebooting my computer but that did not seem to work please help me:( thank you!

A:[SOLVED] I'm getting this message saying the user service failed the logon user profi

I had forgot to mention I have an hp windows 7 laptop!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-im-getting-this-message-saying-the-user-service-failed-the-logon-user-profi-951817.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am a lab technician for Microsoft classes at a community college One of our students somehow messed up his hard drive The computer is running Windows Enterprise SP -bit The system has two administrator accounts and one not accounts No profile but user to created able logon User - standard user account I am still able to logon with those accounts and there are SID keys for each of these users in the registry Now when we create a new user the account is created without any problems The user shows up on the logon page and after running the net user command it shows up there as well When I try to logon with the new user I get a message The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded None of the new user accounts show up in the registry The other anomaly that I see is that the Default User folder is missing in each of the Users subdirectory for the three accounts where I have no problems I have read the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article and none of the methods apply to my problem I also checked Local Group Policies and the Do not logon users with temporary profiles setting is not configured I would appreciate any thoughts that anyone has this problem

A:User accounts created but not able to logon - No user profile

Pixel, welcome to Sevenforums!

Have you tried a system restore yet? select a point before the problem began: System Restore
Try a repair install: Repair Install
Important! Read the warning box in the tutorials just in case they effect the user or your class
Credits: Both tutorials created by Brink

Let me know which of these tutorials you are able to do, and if they correct the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/214748-user-accounts-created-but-not-able-logon-no-user-profile.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I don't know what I did but the main user account (and another) is missing at the login screen. I managed to create an administrator's account which is visible but I can't see the other user accounts at login or in the user accounts control panel. I've activated and verified that the missing user accounts are active by using net user "username" /active:yes command prompt. The user's folder's are still on the hard drive. Any suggestions?

A:User Accounts missing at Login screen and in Control Panel

Hi there,

I had a similar situation, although I didn't have to create the Administrator's account...that was still there. All the other accounts I had created didn't show up on the welcome screen. Here's what ultimately fixed it:

I logged in as administrator and went to Computer Management. I checked each of my users and I noticed that none of them were assigned to groups anymore. I assigned each one to the Administrator's group. That brought all of them back to the Welcome screen. If you haven't resolved your issue yet, I hope this is of some help to you!!

User Accounts - Add or Remove from Groups

Take care!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237456-user-accounts-missing-login-screen-control-panel.html
Relevancy 55.04%

OK so I fear I may have messed up a bit but I'm hoping the gurus on here will save me Previously until mins ago when switching my laptop on I was prompted with the login screen where I could select either the Administrator account or Windows login Missing - accounts please help screen user start up on / my Missing user accounts on Windows start up / login screen - please help own personal account I decided that I wanted to hide the Administator account and have only Missing user accounts on Windows start up / login screen - please help my personal account at startup login so began searching online for a how-to and Missing user accounts on Windows start up / login screen - please help found this How to hide the administrator account in Windows - How-To - PC Advisor Followed it step-by-step to the end and then restarted my laptop Now when I switch the laptop on I am prompted with a blank Windows username and password login screen Now of course this wouldn't be a problem if I had a username or password but unfortunately I do not and currently have no way of getting back in to my own account Please can someone shed some light on this I would be forever grateful Thanks in advance

A:Missing user accounts on Windows start up / login screen - please help

Did you try hitting Enter when the User Name screen is on? That should let you proceed if there is no Password. If that works there is a way eliminate the User Name and Password screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398108-missing-user-accounts-windows-start-up-login-screen-please-help.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all
(I'm italian, excuse me for my bad english).
I have a pc with windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I have a problem with some icons on taskbar: sometimes some applications are displaying the wrong icons, sometimes, as you can see (screenshot), I don't see some icons: sometimes a few are missing (this time I have 8 icons of about 20!).

If I restart my pc, some icons return, but many still missing or are wrong!

So I launched this tool from microsof (I think it rebuilt icon cache, but I'm not sure): In Windows le icone vengono modificate in modo non corretto
but it doesnt' fix the problem, see this screenshot after using this tool from microsoft:

now as you can see some applications are displaying the wrong icons and 2 icons are still missing ...is there any fix for this problem? thanks!!

Vittorio.

A:problem with icons on taskbar (wrong icons or missing icons)

perhaps the fixit from microsoft may help...

System icons do not appear in the notification area in Windows Vista or in Windows 7 until you restart the computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/283833-problem-icons-taskbar-wrong-icons-missing-icons.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Does anyone know how to force Windows 10 to perform its user preparation steps after a user already has a profile. I'm attempting to migrate a profile from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but the Start menu isn't working. I suspect this is because the OS never performs its preparations. Any ideas?

A:Force User Preparation on User Logon

Hi Chekmayte, welcome to Ten Forums. The start menu not working is a known bug that sometimes occurs. You could try using the system file checker command (SFC) to check system file integrity. This is from the tutorial forum. SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums . See if that gets your start menu working.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36346-force-user-preparation-user-logon.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone I am so glad to have found this forum and to see that others in the past with similar problems have had them resolved looking forward to nutting this one out ISSUE The computer is a win XP with RAID that freezes the mouse and the keyboard if a mouse or keyboard button is touched at the logon screen The mouse works fine until a button is pressed screen freeze with KB logon, Unable at RAID, XP to & mouse logon Win you can even click on a user but are unable Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen to Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen enter a password due to the keyboard and mouse freezing at Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen this moment NOTE originally happened with a USB keyboard and USB mouse using PS keyboard and mouse BACKGROUND I am writing about my fathers old computer which suddenly started freezing up at the logon screen after he wasted weeks trying to get it to work he decided that it was a hardware issue and bought himself a new computer Since then I have proved that there was no hardware error by putting an extra HDD in and installing Ubuntu LTS Everything functions fine under Ubuntu and the files are able to be accessed on the RAID DESIRED OUTCOME While i can access and copy files as needed from the RAID i would like to return access to the win XP install and let my father use it again STEPS TAKEN SO FAR I first attempted to run Live rescue CD's but they could not find the RAID drive - Bit Defender Rescue CD Saw the ubuntu drive no RAID - Kaspersky Rescue Disk Didn't see any HDD's So I ran the following AV programs from ubuntu LTS - Bit Defender NO THREATS FOUND - ClamAV THREATS detected all quarantined Documents and Settings USER Local Settings Temp -RR-Market Bulletin-LJR pdf Heuristics Encrypted PDF Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender updatesrv exe Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fun slf HTML Phishing Card- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender installer psstatemgr dll Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender bdselfpr sys Win Trojan Jorik- Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM ReaderUpdater exe Win Worm Agent- Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Firewall bdftdif sys Win Trojan Carberp- Program Files Common Files BitDefender SetupInformation DEE- D - -A -CA E BBC C bdselfpr sys Win Trojan Jorik- Program Files Common Files BitDefender SetupInformation DEE- D - -A -CA E BBC C gzflt sys Win Trojan Delf- Program Files Mozilla Firefox Mozilla Firefox crashreporter exe Win Trojan Shell- Program Files Internet Explorer Connection Wizard icwtutor exe Win Worm Runouce- Program Files QuickTime QTSystem QuickTimeUpdateHelper exe Win Worm Chir- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender gamemodeal dll Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files Microsoft Office Office excelcnv exe W Virut Gen D- RECYCLER NPROTECT EXE Win Worm Chir- WINDOWS ServicePackFiles i extrac exe Win Worm Chir- WINDOWS NtServicePackUninstall mspaint exe Win Trojan Resur- WINDOWS Installer b d msp W Virut Gen D- WINXP PRO CD I ICWTUTOR EX Win Worm Runouce- WINXP PRO CD I MSPAINT EX Win Trojan Resur- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender avckf sys Win Trojan Cossta- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender proxymgrui dll Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as es slf HTML Phishing Bank- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fr slf HTML Phishing Bank- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fun slf HTML Phishing Card- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as es slf HTML Phishing Bank- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fr slf HTML Phishing Bank- I then attempted to logon to win XP with the same result of KB amp mouse freezing at logon screen after a button press I then ran - ESET NOD Antivirus NO THREATS FOUND

A:Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen

So you are able to run the machine  using PS2 keyboard and mouse.

Step 1: 

Download and install LogonFix

Click the Highlighted button.

When prompted select yes.
Allow the program to reboot your machine as well when prompted.

Step 2:

Download drivecleanup.zip to your desktop.
CLICK HERE to determine whether you're running 32-bit or 64-bit for Windows.
Once the determination has been made open either the 32-bit or 64-bit folder.
Right Click the .exe on the inside of the folder and run as admin.
A command prompt window will open telling you what has been removed upon completion.
Note: All usb devices must be removed from your machine during this step, except your keyboard and mouse of course. 

Step 3:

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop.
Close any open windows
Double click the TFC icon to run the program. (Vista/7/8 Users, Right Click and select Run as Admin)
TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run
Click the Start button to begin the process
Allow TFC to run uninterrupted
Once its finished it should automatically reboot your machine, if it doesn't, manually reboot to ensure a complete clean.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541306/unable-to-logon-win-xp-with-raid-kb-mouse-freeze-at-logon-screen/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

yesterday i installed a new update for my computer, its the one that pops up as a yellow shield in your lower right hand taskbar. Anyways i instaleld like always and then forgot about it. I worked for a while later and kept ignoring the "you must restart your computer now" messages. Finally i restarted the computer and on my desktop, start menu, and in any window i open, the folder icons and some other program icons are shown as the find icon. Is there any way i could fix this. Picture below.

nardopolo

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there,

I have a windows 7 pc in a "domain", so when you get to the initial windows 7 welcome screen (prior to logging in as a user), you get a blank transparent Picture

A:How to change Logon screen Picture frame (before logon)

Its ok, managed to get it working, seemed to work when i did it again, strange. No blank picture frame now, just a customised "picture frame" that appears prior to logon, just what I was after. Hope this helps anyone else trying to achieve this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/60474-how-change-logon-screen-picture-frame-before-logon.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

Is there a way to remove the logon picture.

or make the picture smaller.

it ruins my logon wallpaper
let me know!

A:Logon screen, change/remove logon picture

There are some links in this thread which may be of help - Remove the Login Screen Icon

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/178976-logon-screen-change-remove-logon-picture.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Is it possible to have users but not have their login icon appear on the login screen?

A:Remove user login icons from login screen?

Hello AAAHome,

You could have it where users must enter their username and password at log on to not have any user icons displayed.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/122109-remove-user-login-icons-login-screen.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Admin account worked fine on Monday.  The kid used her (non-admin) account in the meantime.  Now it won't log into the admin account - "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."  I've read a few other boards on this issue, so I am now doing a thorough virus scan and will include results as soon as they're available.  But I am not confident about moving forward with any of the paths I've seen laid out, and some of them don't apply if you can't access the admin account anyway, so I wanted to start a thread here (I've gotten fabulous help here several times before).  It's running Vista Home Premium SP2.  AVG 2013 Internet Security.  Can't think what other specs may be relevant, but am happy to provide whatever would be of use.  Thanks!!

A:User Profile svc failed logon. User profile can't be loaded." on admin acct.

I got the same message when attempting to login on Windows 7, after no previous problems or changes before shutdown the night before. It continued to loop back to the logon screen even after rebooting. I ended up having to log on in Safe Mode, then do a system restore to restore back to the last restore point, which was a system checkpoint a couple of days earlier. That fixed it, and I've had no problems since. I hope that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515804/user-profile-svc-failed-logon-user-profile-cant-be-loaded-on-admin-acct/
Relevancy 51.6%

my computer is password protected. i only have one user account on it. how can i fix this without losing anything on my laptop?

A:vista-the user profile service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded

Just a thought, did you password the default administrator account?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533684/vista-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 51.6%

It is an HP computer that my brother brought over because it wouldn t boot It was giving me a quot bootmgr is compressed quot message So I got my Vista repair disc and uncompressed his drive That got rid of that message but then it was giving me winload exe errors So I fixed that and FINALLY it booted up but when I clicked on his user account to log on I get this error message I have searched for answers I came across a fix where you edit the registry if there is a duplicate entry in the profiles a loaded" profile cannot the service Getting message be logon. "user profile user failed section but there isn t an extra one I can boot into safe mode but I get no administrative tools no ability to see the event viewer or manage users idk if this is normal I did a command I found to make the default administrator account active or something like that and now when it boots up there is his user account Getting a "user profile service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" message and an admin user If I click his user to log on I get the error message If I click the admin account it loads but it loads telling me the Vista copy is not genuine Anyone have any idea how to fix this Why is the admin account telling me Vista is not genuine Thank you

A:Getting a "user profile service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" message

I came across a fix where you edit the registry if there is a duplicate entry in the profiles section but there isn't an extra oneExtra one? you mean the .bak key?Did you follow this guide?http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466518/getting-a-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded-message/