Windows Support Forum

Windows XP won't load passed the load screen...

Q: Windows XP won't load passed the load screen...

This just started happening last night. Earlier that day I bought a 160gb seagate external HD at Fry's for 50 bux and was moving tons a files over to it (for about 3 hours). At one point I cancelled uploading and rebooted fine, but later that night my girlfriend did the same thing and rebooted and XP will not load... not in safe mode. I didn't install anything with the external HD as it was Plug n Play and I didn't install any new programs yesterday either...

I don't have a Win XP CD either (or boot disk). I guess my first action will need to be to buy Win XP and try a system recovery?

Is there any way to find out what is stopping it from loading?

I also switched the memory sticks with some other memory and that did nothing...

I'm at a loss :l

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows XP won't load passed the load screen...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows XP won't load passed the load screen...

ap f8 when booting and from the options try
last known good configuration
if that's no good boot into the recovery console and try
fixboot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-wont-load-passed-the-load-screen-152452.html
Relevancy 108.36%

ok i have a dell laptop and im running on windows xp. ive had this problem for a while but never have time to do anything about it. what it does is itll turn on get to xp loading then itll all go black and wont get any further. and i learned if i just leave it alone for a few days itll let me in all the way. so what should i do about this? or what can i do? id just like to know if i need to save up to get it fixed or buy a new one.

A:Laptop Cant Get Passed The Windows Xp Load Screen

Sounds like the MBR is messed uphttp://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;314503You're going to need to buy/borrow an actual XP CD to run the fix, not Dell's recovery CDYou can try running their diagnostics application. I think you press the F10 key, not sure. You'll have to look it up

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/171065/laptop-cant-get-passed-the-windows-xp-load-screen/
Relevancy 107.07%

Im having the same problem I was doing my Norton 360 Scan for the week and accidentally unplugged the computer while I was running the scan, twice, need help with blue screen 0x00000024, cant run chkdsk because it wont go past the windows loading screen, I do not have disc but I am almost sure there is recovery options. Please Help...

Relevancy 100.62%

I am having a problem starting my computer. When i turn it on it it comes up as a black screen with white letters. It shows the Ram and ide channels and whats on them. then goes to another screen just like that but changes too fast to read. After that it will go to the XP load screen for about 2 minuts then reboots itself and does this over and over. I can get to BIOS but not sure if anything there will help. It will not start in safe mode, safe mode and last known good config. will do nothing.
I've check all of my new hard ware (wireless adapter and dvd drive) but did not help. checked and double checked all wires inside and out.
I do not have an XP disk of any kind.
Any ideas or info would be a great help.

A:Can't get passed XP load screen

Try to in safe mode and select last good configuration.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-get-passed-xp-load-screen-367591.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Help please - first post
M/c starts with a nice blue screen with left and right icons and mouse cursor all operatig .It will go no further.
when this first occured it went into Repair mode twice - said it could not fix and pointed to System32 Drivers\WDF01000.sys.Subsequent use of Repair now shows no
errors.
Booting to Repair from my installation Disk reports eveything as OK.Moved to Restore point - section shows only one point of todays date -which apparantly was made before an automatic update - ran OK.
I have run SFC\scannow but cannot interpret it. - sent to rapiddatashare -lost the ref No. for the moment.
Is this the correct forum? Any help would be appreciated
Naunton

A:W7(Pro) will not load passed opening screen

Can you boot in Safe Mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/45781-w7-pro-will-not-load-passed-opening-screen.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I attempted to download a program for school and some other programs that I didn't agree to began downloading, and it wouldn't let me stop it, so I turned the computer off. I went to turn it back on immediately and now it will not load anything passed the login screen. I can login, and the screen will change, but it is a black screen with only the mouse appearing. I've tried the hard start method and tried pressing the windows button + r and neither of these worked.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-won-t-load-passed-login-screen/td-p/5729820
Relevancy 97.61%

Hey guys I need some help as I don't really know what happened My SONY VAIO laptop ran out of battery power while the screen was open I Laptop Load Passed Won't Welcome related?) Screen (Power was not around so this is my guess and now it will not load passed the 'windows loading' screen in Windows Vista the green progress loading bar scrolls across the screen for a while then it just goes to black screen My initial thought was to try the Windows CD Setup Repair tool And at worst I thought I would have to reformat I put Laptop Won't Load Passed Welcome Screen (Power related?) the CD in it asks me to press any key to boot from cd I do this Laptop Won't Load Passed Welcome Screen (Power related?) and then it says LOADING WINDOWS FILES the progrsss bar goes to full and then same thing black screen I tried the windows CD and it will eventually display a cursor Laptop Won't Load Passed Welcome Screen (Power related?) on the black screen but not load anything passed that I've left it on for several days hoping it would fix itself but the HD light on the front just flickers every two seconds I can get into my BIOS and I can run a memory test which comes back fine So is this hard drive toast Is there any way to recover this hard drive by freezing it or something I need the files that were on it THANKS GUYS

A:Laptop Won't Load Passed Welcome Screen (Power related?)

Use ubuntu to back up as much as you can to an external drive

Read the instructions on how to burn an .iso image.

Then once everything that you need is backed up, then we can work on seeing what is wrong with the computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-wont-load-passed-welcome-screen-power-related-495171.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi I recently found that my computer was infected by a number of viruses It automatically shut down on its own so I restarted the computer XP windows passed load Cant and did a full system scan using the latest version of avg anti virus After Cant load passed windows XP completing this I restarted the PC and found that I could not log on to any user account It would allow me to click the username then Cant load passed windows XP begin to load but would only load the background It would not allow me to go any further I then rebooted and then found that the PC would not load any further than the windows XP screen at system startup - but I could log in under safe mode Apart from all this I am trying to copy some pictures to a CD rom before attempting to restore the whole operating system But the my computer icon isnt the usual quot computer quot icon it is a white file looking icon and when trying to copy and paste the pictures to the CD rom drive it displays the message Can not copy quot filename quot the requested resource is in use Can anyone shed Cant load passed windows XP some light here as i am completely baffled by all this My main worry is the computer not loading past the windows xp load screen at system start up What can I do

A:Cant load passed windows XP

tap f8 when booting and from the options try
last known good configuration

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-load-passed-windows-xp-295518.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Okay so here's the deal I had Windows Service Pack Everything was just lovely then I decided to FINALLY upgrade to Windows 3 Windows Boot Now won't past Service Pack Load Windows load Installed Screen Service Pack because some high end Adobe products I was installing suggested it for Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen better compatibility Aiesh so I took the plunge and tried to upgrade to Windows Service Pack I was smart because of all the horror stories though and did a full backup up all my data including system state etc I set a system restore point the whole nine yards I upgraded with no problems but when the computer restarted it do so got past POST and the windows boot or load screen popped up with the loading bar but windows never loaded A lot of people report having problems where it get's past the windows load screen and just keeps cycle rebooting Or it'll load to the user selection screen welcome screen This is not me I am simply stuck at the windows load screen Picture below for reference So I booted into safe mode with networking searched for help EVERYWHERE and couldn't find any - By the way I could boot into safe mode safe mode with command prompt and safe mode with networking So I used my system restore point that had made before the SP upgrade and now I am typing to you from the comfort of my Service Pack But this ticks me off because I want SP on my system for the sake of those Adobe programs and just because I can't get the dern thing on there it bugs me Does anyone have a suggestion for me as to WHAT is stopping me from have a healthy running version of Windows Service Pack I ran the Service Pack install upgrade as an Administrator in safe mode with ANY program thing that could possibly affect it not running I thought I had all my bases covered but apparently not Any help suggestions It'd be nice for all the other people out there who are having this same problem to get an answer as well P S I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack hopefully SP soon

A:Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen

Hi sirdanceal0t,
I had a similar problem when Windows XP SP3 was released it was only designed for Intel processors, so if you have a AMD processor it will cause your system not to load, if you are running a AMD processor if i were you try and get back to the System Restore Point or if that fails reimage your pc and just before installing SP3 looks for the patch/fix for your processor model, then install SP3 and it should all be fine.

On the other hand if you have a Intel processor i woulldn't know what to advise.

Swain90

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-windows-service-pack-3-now-windows-wont-load-past-windows-boot-load-screen-418781.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Computer just turned off automatically today and it will not load past the begining load screen with the Alien Head load screen where you can press f2 and enter setup or f12 to boot options. I cannot load safe mode or remove the battery as it does not have any place to access it.
Windows 7. Alienware m14x.

A:Alienware Laptop wont load past Alien Head Load Screen

Any fans running, any post beeps? Your laptop does not have a CMOS battery. Try removing the chargeable battery and power adapter. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Plug in just the power adapter and try powering up the machine again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/alienware-laptop-wont-load-past-alien-head-load-screen-660209.html
Relevancy 79.55%

My son is playing runescape on the web and gets this error.

System in running Windows XP SP2

any ideas? Goggle searches seem to indicate that a 16 bit program may be having issues with Xp but nothing I can place my fnger on to fix.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

A:Win16 subsystem load failure cannot load critical screen resources from wow32.dll

Look at this link, scroll down to Correcting the WOW32.DLL Application Error in Windows XP
http://support.mfm.com/support/troub...run/wow32.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win16-subsystem-load-failure-cannot-load-critical-screen-resources-from-wow32-dll-60512.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi,

Laptop is a Samsung R510 running Vista.

When it is switched on, it gets stuck on the Samsung BIOS load screen. The F2 (Setup) and F4 (Recovery) buttons don't work unless they are pressed straight away. But when they are pressed it says 'Please Wait', but nothing happens.

I have changed the CMOS battery, but it hasn't helped.

I have also taken the hard drive out and turned it on, still the same.  Each RAM stick has been tried on its own, and it is still the same.

Can anyone help?

A:Laptop Stuck On BIOS Load Screen/Won't Load Vista

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode?

Start tapping the F8 key immediately after pressing the power button.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513423/laptop-stuck-on-bios-load-screenwont-load-vista/
Relevancy 78.69%

I have HP Envy m -n dx windows -bit nbsp I got the windows blue screen then when the windows attempted to restart a black scrren showed up and windows did not boot I tried several things but nothing worked Here is a list of what I have tried nbsp I did a hard reset nbsp I made sure the batery and the AC adaptor are not the problem nbsp I tried pressing the ESC seveal times after powering the device but nothing happened to load the safe mode nbsp I tried to restore the bios by pressing the windows and B keys and then pressing and then releasing load, not Diagnostics does screen, Black BIOS load not does the power botton and continue to press the other two keys When I do that I can see the hard drive light comes on for a few seconds then the screen lights but it stays blank I contine to press the two keys for - minutes but nothing shows on the screen Then when I release the windows and the B keys the screen goes dark and the power buttoon continues to light The power goes off if I press the power button for several seconds I tired this several Black screen, BIOS does not load, Diagnostics does not load times nbsp I tried step but with a USB drive The same happened nbsp I tried pressing the power button then the nbsp F key several times The screen continued to be black nbsp I tried the pressing the windows key P Nothing happened nbsp I tried to run HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI from a USB but the screen remaind black nbsp I tried to load the safe mode from a USB but the screen remained black nbsp If there is anything else I can try please let me know nbsp Could the motherboard be the problem I bought the laptop about a month ago so it is still relatively new nbsp Please help nbsp

A:Black screen, BIOS does not load, Diagnostics does not load

It sounds like some sort of hardware failure, possibly hard drive. You have a 1 yr warranty with HP. Scroll down on the page here to start a request for service. You will be given your contact options:https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-ENVY-m7-n100-Notebook-PC-(Touch)/9365082/model/93...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-BIOS-does-not-load-Diagnostics-does-not-load/td-p/5826321
Relevancy 76.97%

ok put a new MOBO in my area m to fix a not booting problem the occured from a suspecting power surge while i as deployed overseas problem was fixed some what now it POST Alienware XP load load won't screen past and everything but when it get to the XP load screen with the blue bar that bounces back and forth it shuts down i try to re boot it gives the normal xp not shut down normal and the normal choices i try to boot in any option even safe mode it repeats the Alienware won't load past XP load screen problem swapped HD MEM CMOS bat when using the respawn kit norton ghost of HD at date of shipment of CPU i got with the cpu it will reload xp but doesn t fix the problem if i try and load a fresh copy of xp it won t even get pas tthe first portaion or the install before it shuts down cpu specs pro intel p ram gforcego graphis dual hd i g and i g non raid prolem even exsist in RAID or i am suspecting a corrupt file load somewhere in the thread but the guy fixing it suspects hardware Help please this problemhas got me a witts end nbsp

A:Alienware won't load past XP load screen

Pay more attention to your typing...

Your going to have to strip down the system to bare minimum hardware. Set the bios to failsafe defaults, use on-board video if you have it. Remove any USB devices and any add-in PCI cards like a NIC, sound card and use only 1 stick of RAM for the Windows fresh install

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alienware-wont-load-past-xp-load-screen.82339/
Relevancy 76.97%

it kept doing check disk on start up but got that to stop now it keeps freezing on load wont go any where but if I log on to another admin account on the cmp its fine. Its just when I go into my main admin it refuses to do any thing and I ran registry booster and it gave me tons of errors how do I fix these.

A:freezing on load if it does load it gives me a blue screen

Hello and welcome to the forum.

First if you can I need you to run a full updated scan using you Anti-Virus..

Next if you do not have malwarebytes, then please download it and run a full scan, here is the link and you can download the free version.

Malwarebytes

When you get the results back please let us know

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/289336-freezing-load-if-does-load-gives-me-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 76.97%

ok this is gonna be a bit long but i want the details there the issue pc is my old pc it has windows its an asus msn-la motherboard i cloned this drive and used it in my new pc after a few months my new pc's drive died and load finnaly does things takes it load to forever slow load pc once very i took the old drive from the issue pc witch was pc takes forever to load things load very slow once it does finnaly load not giving issues at this time and stuck it into my new pc until my replacement drive came when i got the replacement drive i cloned the drive again onto the replacement drive and then put the new drive in the new pc had no issues there put the old drive back pc takes forever to load things load very slow once it does finnaly load into pc takes forever to load things load very slow once it does finnaly load the issue pc this is when issues started the pc booted up to the windows desktop loading screen fast but once it got there it sat there for like min before loading into windows once it loaded into windows it was un usable for around min while it loaded background stuff once it finally loads into windows if i try to open anything its still responding extremely slow is there anything i could do to fix this or is this going to me a re install only situation i did try to use a windows disk to do a startup repair but it claimed i couldn't do it because i dident install from that disk

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-takes-forever-to-load-things-load-very-slow-once-it-does-finnaly-load-1145545.html
Relevancy 75.25%

new to this and not to good on the technical jargon..

basically i used to be able to load websites up then they stopped loading now and again and now they dont load at all.\
for eg: ebay i can go to the website search it all but click on the sign in and it just wont load.
there are other web pages which just wont load at all and just get the load thing and a blank screen.. and then time out.

ive done the AVG thing, spybot search and destroy, spyblaster.. and reset my router but stil nothing!!!

using windows xp and IE8

A:Can't load websites, or can load main page but then links don't load

How are you connected to the internet?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-load-websites-or-can-load-main-page-but-then-links-dont-load.151298/
Relevancy 74.39%

Windows Xp Doesnt Wanna Load I Gotta Restart To Make It To Load Before the repair it didnt wanna load at all - also I have some hard drive issues that got cut off and came our weird sorry ---------------------------------------------- OK Im gonna explain what happened step by step cause Im not sure whats important I dont understand very much about this stuff I hope someone more expirienced then me will help me out Im using windows xp proffessional version OK It first happened while I was surfing online I was surfing on sites that I can say are pretty much safe but at the same time I was running either AVG antivurus or their AVG antispyware not sure which one I Load, To It To Doesnt Wanna Windows Gotta Xp Restart Load Make of the two At some point when the scanning was on my E hard drive windows is on my C hard drive the computer froze and naturally I restarted But windows didnt wanna start after the restart it kept giving these messeges windows didnt shut down properly and it asked me to choose to start it in safe or normal or etc mode I tried every type of start mode it didnt work Windows wouldnt load and u know that line where windows loads would move a while and Windows Xp Doesnt Wanna Load, I Gotta Restart To Make It To Load then stop no responce no nothing So I tried restaring several times Same thing widnows didnt start properly last time choose a mode after I choose it loaded for a while but then stopped So I took it to the repair the re-installed my windows Now when I wanna start it it runs properly doesnt ask me to choose windows loads for a while but fails to load again I try restart and then it works But I gotta restart it every time Say I shut down my computer now I gotta start it and wait for it to fail once then restart it and then it loads properly Now about the antiviruses programs part While running AVG antispyware I kept getting messeges like - this file is not readable do a disk check chk dsk So I tried to do a disk check I went to my E hard drive choose properties then tools then error checking and check the boxes and click start But it took so long An hour and mins passed and it wasnt done even of the total hard drive BTW my hard drive is only gb but I have a lot of files stored on it especially websites html files Just as a comparison my AVG antivirus takes hours to scan my entire computer hard drive gb each so total and my AVG spyware tooks mins to h and most of the time they pass scanning my E hard drive I needed the computer urgently so I had to stop the scan after hour and mins and besides it looked stuck So I restarted the computer cause that was the only way to stop it and now I get a messege on every startup windows scans my E drive I know thats probably caused by me stopping it by restart so its now stuck but it can also signal a failing drive Another thing about the antispyware and antivirus programs the times so far when my computer froze it happened while I was scanning with either avg antivirus and avg antispyware and it happened while they were scanning my E hard drive Also I said already that my avg antispyware said some of my files on E are unreadable Looks like there is smth on my E hard drive maybe bad sectors or malware thats a low possibility cause i did several scans besides the times when my computer froze and they didnt detect anything Its weird how smtimes I do a scan and it goes ok but other times it freezes so it doesnt freeze on every scan So basically I start the computer and windows doesnt load properly It takes me to the screen where it says that its scanning my E drive but it scans and gets stuck there Then I restart it again and now it loads then it does a lil scan of my E hard drive and its little it doesnt take more then mins how can a disk check be so fast I waited for my C hard drive scan for a lot longer than that BTW I did a disk check on my C drive and then I wanted to do one on my E hard drive it took ages but my c drive has free gb out of gb and my E hard drive has ... Read more

A:Windows Xp Doesnt Wanna Load, I Gotta Restart To Make It To Load

Are you able to boot in safe mode? It seems like you might have a conflict with the program wanting to run at start up..
My first suggestion is to boot safe mode, then remove your AV.. See if that helps..
Also, do you have more than one anti-virus program installed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88845/windows-xp-doesnt-wanna-load-i-gotta-restart-to-make-it-to-load/
Relevancy 74.39%

I dont know if this is posted in the right area but I'm so desperate to get my laptop working its unreal First it started off with my laptop crashing I had totally forgot it needed to do a windows update and turned off my laptop in hopes that it would work properly After that my laptop has not been working The machine turns on and gives me two options Start windows normally or do a repair Upon starting windows normally it loads so far before sending me back to refuses and windows to load system 7 wont load repair the two options of windows 7 refuses to load and system repair wont load start windows normally or repair On the second time I clicked repair My laptop then goes so far before presenting me with a blue screen that is usually the screen where my accounts are The cursor still moves but it loads no further even after leaving it an hour I decided to make a repair disk hoping that the problem was because of windows the disk loads gives me a choice on the keyboard language then does nothing I honestly have no idea what to do I want to keep all the files safe on my computer as I havent backed them up and I have worked so hard on the projects someone please help

A:windows 7 refuses to load and system repair wont load

Do a hardware/software reset with your BIOS:Shut down and turn off the computer.
Unplug the computer from the wall or surge protector (then remove the battery if it is a laptop).
"Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station, disconnect
cables to printers or devices such as external monitors, USB memory sticks or SD cards, headset or external speakers, mouse or auxiliary keyboard, turn off WIFI and Bluetooth wireless devices." (Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues HP Pavilion dv5000 Notebook PC series - HP Customer Care (United States - English))
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds. This closes the circuit and ensures all
power from components is drained to clear the software connections between the BIOS
and hardware and clear any corruption in the temporary memory.
(If it is a laptop, plug the battery back into the laptop and then) Plug the computer back into the wall. Do not reconnect any unnecessary peripherals; monitor, keyboard,
and mouse should suffice and be the only peripherals reconnected.
Turn it on to reinitialize the software connections between the BIOS and hardware

After doing those steps, clear your CMOS by entering the BIOS (see your system manual for steps to enter the BIOS), going to the EXIT screen, and loading setup/optimized defaults.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236921-windows-7-refuses-load-system-repair-wont-load.html
Relevancy 72.24%

as per title what i have tried is checking the installation media is good which it is checked it on another rig running windows 10. okay so what happens is it will go through the normal boot up procedure my rig that is, bios will post normally and then i get the windows 10 logo screen. u know where the little windows circly thing will go around and at about the 7th time the litlte circly thing goes around my screen will freeze same goes with the installation media which i am running on a usb, so i am stumped because i cant even load from the usb to try and repair my computer. any help willl be great.
THANKS
RUBEN
p.s.
I am currently in the process of trying to install windows 7 and see if that will help.

A:windows wil not load nor will it load with installiation media

okay well it did the same thing with windows 7 install. it will go through the loading windows files and then the little windows logo will pop up u know the little R,G,B,Y flag which pulsates and on about the fifth pulsate it will freeze.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
RUBEN

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-wil-not-load-nor-will-it-load-with-installiation-media-1039897.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,

I have been having this problem since a week or so. Broni has helped me in malware forum to rule out malware as responsible. My machine is clean and I was refered here for further help.

Here is my problem:

At boot-time, I see windows XP load screen with the progress bar, the progress bar advances to the end and then, the screen turns pitch black and all is see is an arrow cursor I can move around. I thought until yesterday that this was a permanent freeze-up, but if I wait, say, 6 minutes, the black screen disappears and windows then starts normally.

Last week, problem was intermittent, it now happens all the time.

Windows boot-up was fine before.

Please help me.

A:Windows load screen at boot, looong black screen, then normal startup

I had this tons of times with my old XP PC. It is normal if you have a lot of files on the HDD and you have little RAM. How much RAM do you have? What is the capacity of the HDD? And do you have the Windows XP disc? Would you be willing to upgrade the RAM and/or the OS if we must resort to that? Or would you rather just buy a new PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-load-screen-at-boot-looong-black-screen-then-normal-startup.191868/
Relevancy 70.52%

Whenever the Windows loadscreen load Black after - it fixes Windows screen Nothing w/cursor screen passes the screen goes black and I can move a cursor around the screen I have had this happen before and fixed it with bootrec exe but I can't seem to get that to work this time Startup repair says it cannot help - Safe mode Black screen w/cursor after Windows load screen - Nothing fixes it has the exact same Black screen w/cursor after Windows load screen - Nothing fixes it black screen problem I have done chkdsk and sfc scannow - Didn't fix it When I Black screen w/cursor after Windows load screen - Nothing fixes it boot into Kaspersky Rescue from a USB drive it mentions that I need to shut down windows properly before continuing I would like to do this but I can't I have tried changing the active partition on information in some of these other threads - It didn't seem to work All disks are healthy according to the DISKPART and Partition Wizard I have done the HP hardware diagnostic scans and everything comes up fine I see that a lot of the advice on the threads is to do a fresh install - Is it really broken beyond repair at this point Does anyone have any other ways I can try and fix this problem

A:Black screen w/cursor after Windows load screen - Nothing fixes it

Hello saturnn and welcome to Seven Forums.

One of the Forum experts prepared this troubleshooting guide for Windows 7 failure to boot issues. Even though you've tried several of the suggested fixes I'd still go through the tutorial and try the steps in the order listed.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/268184-black-screen-w-cursor-after-windows-load-screen-nothing-fixes.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I can't seem to get Windows 7 SP1 to load a driver for an HP printer that is on my home network. My laptop sees it but won't let me make it the default printer or load a driver so that I can link to it wirelessly. I restored my laptop back to windows 7
because Windows 10 was moving too slow. I only have 4gigs of memory, and windows 10 probably runs better with 8gigs of memory.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f52ee902-9022-4792-a1df-5a658bebc843/how-can-i-get-windows-7-sp1-to-load-a-print-driver-thatamp39s-compatible-with-the-hp-printer?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 69.66%

i recently had to reinstall my windows xp due to file corruption and now when i start my laptop after the dell loading screen which finishes in a second or two a black screen with a loading bar at the bottom apears which takes 5-7 minutes to complete after its completion the windows loading screen appears and then the logging window appears and after logging in windows start normally. PLZ help me if you know about this and tell me how to get rid of this black loading screen if possible.
THANKYOU VERY VERY MUCH FOR YOUR KIND INTEREST IN MY PROBLEM

Relevancy 69.66%

when i turn my computer on it says to hit F1 to continue or F2 and when i type F1 it just beeps and will not let me do it. i push F2 move something, move it back, save and then i hit F12 and finally after 800 times i get it to finally boot windows xp home sp2 for awhile then dumps me again. any ideas or suggestions would be great. my computer has been starting to act real funny by not allowing me to access things saying i dont have permission to do it. its getting real squirly. thanx in advance for any help.

A:During Reboot My Windows Xp Will Not Load Tries To Load My Old Me

Hi, did you set up XP on another hard drive to ME? If so you will need to go into your bios and set the hard drive XP is on to the top.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128741/during-reboot-my-windows-xp-will-not-load-tries-to-load-my-old-me/
Relevancy 69.66%

So the PC boots up and goes through post fine, then gets to the windows xp load screen then automatically restarts back to post... anyone had this problem before?? The PC was working fine the day before :(

A:PC keeps reseting after windows load screen

I would suggest that you do a System Restore. START - PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - SYSTEM TOOLS - SYSTEM RESTORE. Just pick a date that precedes the problem and when you are certain it worked correctly. It worked for me and no harm was done. Give it a shot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-keeps-reseting-after-windows-load-screen-123393.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have recently reinstalled windows XP home edition and this loading screen appears every single time whenever I restart my computer. It comes up after the Dell logo appears and lasts approximately 5 minutes. After its finished the Windows XP logo appears comes on and then loads the desktop. This has never happend in past installs of Windows XP home edition on my machine. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/nt-load-screen-on-windows-xp-startup-87560.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi all Sorry for pre amble but maybe relevant Bought a used machine off craigslist Worked great for Hangs Windows load at screen months then mainboard 'gave out' perplexed at the possibility of a surge or overheat that did not damage any other components all tested fine I sent the mainboard back to ASUS and they replaced it In an effort to avoid any silly grounding problems I took the new board and old components into service to have them assembled Once I got it home it worked the first time I turned it on and then resumed the same problems I'd had before no VGA Returned to service who realized the board had been grounding on the case - but now that they've 'fixed it' tremendous amount of electrical tape it works fine Until NOW after only two days in the latest ordeal with this system PROBLEM everything goes fine until the windows load Windows Hangs at load screen screen with the bar then black screen hangs there This remains the same if you start windows again without networking but if you attempt to start in safe mode you get a big list of files and then it hangs System P N E SLI asus mainboard Q intel processor GB DDR - OCZ RAM MB Windows Hangs at load screen MSI Geforce PCI x Video Card Seagate Barracudda HD's XFI Soundblaster the music one Enermax noisetaker unsure of wattage power supply I'm running windows xp sp updates from month ago The really screwed up part is that I brought the thing back and told them what was happening and they called me today and said quot it must just have been a fluke because it only happened one out of x times we tried it We tried some DDR - RAM instead and it hasn't done that since quot So I figured why not bought the RAM from them slammed it in and BOOM Same problem What could possibly be different between the store where they say it worked and my home where it clearly doesn't I tried many different outlets with and without surge protector to rule out some kind of wiring problem in my home Also tried only plugging in ps not usb keyboard and mouse tried switching the power cable that was plugged into the wall both with the old OCZ and the new kingston RAM I get this hang - but they say that it only happened once at the store I'm also considering the possibility that they've damaged the MB when it was grounding before although I don't know if that explains the problem Wow what an essay Please help if you can Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-hangs-at-load-screen-399173.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have recently upgraded to Windows on my HP EliteBook p notebook computer nbsp The problem that I'm having is a lot of times during boot the Windows loading screen will show with the circle spinning around nbsp Then the screen goes black like it usually does on all computers Screen 10 at Windows Load Blank but then it never comes back on nbsp The backlight will adjust and you can see the backlight is still on but the screen stays blank nbsp Sometimes I can get a mouse cursor that can be moved around but the screen Windows 10 Blank Screen at Load will Windows 10 Blank Screen at Load stay black nbsp I know there isn't a problem with the screen because it will come back up when the computer is rebooted and then get the blank screen again after the Windows loading screen again nbsp Multiple reboots will usually get it Windows 10 Blank Screen at Load to come back on and then when it is on it works great and I don't have any issues while it is running nbsp Anyone else have this issue and find a way to fix it

A:Windows 10 Blank Screen at Load

I have same issue. I would not recommend updating to Windows 10 on the HP 8440p Intel Core i5-520M if you have the Intel HD Graphics. There are issues with this graphics driver and Windows 10 (not supported for Windows 10 per Intel's site). Often the screen just loads to a black screen when booting up after the Windows 10 logo screen. I have been able to get around this sometimes by closing the lid and then reoppening it. If that doesn't work I've had to pull the battery and then power it back on. This is very annoying and I wouldn't recommend the update due to this. This same issue occurs on 2 different 8440p laptops with the most recent Intel HD grapics driver installed (tried older drivers with no improvement). I will probably roll back to Windows 7 64 bit.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-10-Blank-Screen-at-Load/td-p/5196208
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi, new to the forums so hopefully I can get some help. My computer recently was off when I came home and when I went to turn it back on, it went to the load screen and shut it self off. So I started it up again and this time loaded it in safe mode and it worked, so i restarted and it load fine. About 20 mins later it shut off again and the same load screen problem happen. I got frustrated enough to reformat my hard drive and after it was done it started loading again and shut off again. So any one know what is going on. i unplugged all the aftermarket stuff i had like Video card and wireless card. the only things running are my motherboard and my hard drive. Any help would be great. thanks

A:Windows load screen = shuts down

WELCOME to Tech Support Forums.

It sounds a lot like a CPU over-heating problem. CPU overheating causes a system to turn off immediately, with no error message, usually by default at 70?C.

Please check in the BIOS Setup Menu (continuously tap the DELETE key after pressing the ON button), for the "hardware monitor" section and note the temperature reported for the CPU.

If possible ...
Use something like Speedfan http://majorgeeks.com/SpeedFan_d337.html
to monitor the CPU temperature, and if you see temps in excess of 50?C, then you may have cause for concern, and if temps approach 70?C, then you have found the problem.

Other tools:
Everest: http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
Motherboard Monitor: http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=311

A quick way to test this is to download and run toast.exe http://majorgeeks.com/Toast_d867.html
This will run the CPU at 100%. If you can run this for 20 minutes without any problem, then your CPU cooling system is fine.

If the thermal paste contact between the CPU and the heatsink is broken, temps may appear to be "normal", under most conditions.
However, when the CPU is heavily utilised, the temps can spike upward sharply, causing the system to turn off.

Let us know what temperatures are reported while running toast.exe for 20 minutes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-load-screen-shuts-down-419351.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Short versionMy computer sometimes gets slow and requires a restart FireFox doesn t always shut down all the way which is a pretty common problem but when I restarted it this time for that reason it wouldn t load I get a choice between XP or recovery Windows Blank screen on load console and then a blank screen safe mode also gets a blank screen after visibly loading drivers I tried restoring the MBR but that did not change anything This is Blank screen on Windows load EXTREMELY IMPORTANT because it is not my computer I am a geek I have no other way to talk to my boyfriend and I will be blamed for this problem by a person who asked if Google was installed when I told him it wouldn t load and never allowed to use the computer again if I cannot fix this problem without reformatting I desperately need your help so Blank screen on Windows load thank you in advance to any attempts Long versionMy computer sometimes gets slow and requires a restart FireFox doesn t always shut down all the way which is a pretty common problem but when I restarted it this time for that reason it wouldn t load I get a choice between XP or recovery console and then a Blank screen on Windows load blank screen safe mode also gets a blank screen after visibly loading drivers I uninstalled some programs before last restart including a codec which a software I was using said was required but still popped up the same dialog after installing the codec however the site I got it from was legitimate though I don t have a link it was obvioulsy legitimate and the codec even had a logo I just don t know what a codec is so I probablay installed the wrong one and I don t know where it installed to to fill in the dialog prompt Every software I uninstalled however was installed the day before I did not install anything other then t b S video editor which is a program known not to be a virus It is also not the type of commercial ad-heavy error-causing software such as Adobe Windows McAfee and AIM that people tend to want to stay away from My system does seem to have a virus of some sort on it Google com does not load hosts file is fine system is slower then it was last time I was at this house a dll error for a dll that Google doesn t know about usually shows up at restart and opendns com loads but not properly and one particular webpage that hads nothing to do with yahoo kept redirecting me to yahoo for no reason This virus if that s what it is has been present the entire months I ve been here and I have restarted the computer plenty of times I recently started to wonder if the virus had something to do with about com when many of the links I clicked in Yahoo search seemed to be related to about com which usually tends to have articles I wouldn t click on and when I saw an ad for about com at the top of a page on sourceforge net with ann option to quot close this frame quot I realiazed that might be what the virus was So I did a Yahoo search on that I am unaware of any alternative to Google but had not yet navigated to that tab when I restarted quot save session quot Spybot did not cath this virus and I have sucessfully restarted the computer once since that scan was done I am not asking for help with the virus but rather with the fact that my computer will not load Windows anymore This is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT because it is not my computer I am a geek I have no other way to talk to my boyfriend and I will be blamed for this problem by a person who asked if Google was installed when I told him it wouldn t load and never allowed to use the computer again if I cannot fix this problem without reformatting The only suggested solution I have found so far is to try restoring the MBR table I did this it did not require a disc as the person said that it did and no different results have come from it The Recovery Console asked me which installation I want to repair D MiniNT D I or C WINDOWS C Windows was the third option and I do not know what MiniNT is I am also unsure why i was li... Read more

A:Blank screen on Windows load

Do you have a Microsoft XP CD?

Does this blank screen...show the cursor in the upper left hand corner?
<<I tried restoring the MBR but that did not change anything.>>

Does that mean that you ran the fixmbr command from the Recovery Console?

Did you try running chkdsk /r from the Recovery Console?

You speak of the possibility of a virus. What antivirus and malware defense programs are installed, updated, and running?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182925/blank-screen-on-windows-load/
Relevancy 69.66%

My desktop computer will not fully boot It was working yesterday but Black Windows on Screen Load I'm unaware if anyone did anything that caused this no one wants to admit to it either Specs CPU AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Motherboard ALiveNF G-FullHD R Black Screen on Windows Load link OS Windows Professional -bit This is what I can see from the POST When I power on the computer Windows starts loading and then the screen goes black I can see the POST and can access the BIOS After the POST I get a blurb that tells me to choose one of the following Launch Startup Repair recommended Start Windows Normally No matter which option I choose the screen goes black after the loading screens Sometimes I get crazy colours all over the screen It isn't a monitor problem I tried three different ones It could be graphics related but I Black Screen on Windows Load don't know how I could solve it without access to Windows Can I do anything in the BIOS The same thing happens when I go into the F menu and select each option except Directory Services Restore Mode For this option I get a message from my monitor like quot Video Input Out of Range quot Interestingly enough when I reseated the RAM I got to the welcome screen the one with the loading circle before it got distorted Though I'm not able to replicate it all the time The screen also goes black when I'm booting from my Windows disc The same thing happens when I try to boot from an Ubuntu disc Hopefully someone here can help me I'll gladly provide more info if needed Thanks

A:Black Screen on Windows Load

Are you using the integrated graphics or dedicated card installed?

If using a dedicated graphics card try removing it and using the integrated.

Try removing the memory modules and booting with on at a time installed. (swapping between attempts)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-on-windows-load-654585.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello My mother s Toshiba laptop is less than a year old and has been acting up lately She doesn t download anything on it apart from windows updates but she does have it set up to use a proxy server through a legitimate service so that she can watch her beloved BBC here in the U S which is mainly all she does on the computer It suddenly started freezing sticking on the blue welcome screen with the spinning circle when she tries to boot Sometimes it acts like it s doing something sometimes it freezes I left it for upwards of half 7 load screen won't Windows past welcome on hour to see if it would finally get to the desktop but it didn t I ve tried starting it in safe mode with and without networking to no avail At one point through logging in waiting closing the laptop opening it again and such I was able to quot change user quot and login which did get me to the desktop However I wasn t able to do anything before it froze completely Ctrl Alt Delete didn t help I m hesitant to try anything else without asking someone who knows a thing or two I thought of re-formatting the hd but unfortunately don t have a windows disk Any help would be very much appreciated She s going through BBC withdrawals and I m at a loss Thank you

A:Windows 7 won't load past welcome screen

if it setup to a proxy sever that could be dangerous in it self Proxy severs attach to male ware and that sort of thing. Do you run any AV and mal ware Scanners before this happen.

You can try to see if you have a Recovery partition and perform a Startup Repair. Reference : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/

Hard Drive Manufacturers have a hard drive diagnostic tool but I need the manufacture of the HD

You can try to boot up Safe Mode with Command Prompt and use this command sfc /scannow

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422709/windows-7-wont-load-past-welcome-screen/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello, im having a problem with my pc where when ever it comes to the black screen with the windows xp loading with the blue bar moving side to side, it suddenly and always reboots itself and repeats the process over and over again at the xp loading screen.

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be and how to solve it would be greatfull .

A:PC reboots at Windows XP load screen

Here is the first thing I would try:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How-to-run-checkdisk-recovery-console-Windows-xp-t131922.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-reboots-at-windows-xp-load-screen.666025/
Relevancy 69.66%

i had some antivirus software,i didnt like it so i deleted it and installed CA security centre.everything went fine and i restarted and good.Now i installed IE 7 which i already tried before but didnt work,so i just thought to try it once more.ok now i installed IE 7 and it asked me to restart and i did.now the problem is that it restarts and works fine until the Welcome Screen but when i click the user,it keeps on loading and loading,it doesnt go further.any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

A:windows xp welcome screen wont load

This could be several Problems,but to Start::

Boot into "Safe Mode" Prss F8 while booting usually.

Once in Safe Mode..Uninstall IE7 and/or Unistall-Re-Install Graphics Drivers

Do IE7 First then Re-Boot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-welcome-screen-wont-load.548112/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello there this issue happened only once and Windows Screen 7 Load. after Black pc is Black Screen after Windows 7 Load. fine atm just wonder could have caused that well i did bootup my Pc just like the other days but for some reason after windows loading screen i got a black screen without messages or mouse cursor i could normaly hear the sound from the speakers from windows but couldn't see anything did restart and everything was fine also just to be sure Black Screen after Windows 7 Load. did like another restarts and PC is fine i think was just a Display Driver Bug or failure not sure the only message that i found at event viewer was Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date Event ID Job Type None Level Error Keywords Classical User N A Calculator Rackdeath-PC Description Computer was restarted after error checking The bugcheck was x xfffffa c e xfffff x x d Saved in mapping file C Windows MEMORY DMP Reference ID - - Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting quot Guid quot ABCE E -DE - - - FA C quot EventSourceName quot BugCheck quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Rackdeath-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt x xfffffa c e xfffff x x d lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt C Windows MEMORY DMP lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt - - lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Black Screen after Windows 7 Load.

Quote:
Log Name: System
Calculator: Rackdeath-PC

Very strange!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/277809-black-screen-after-windows-7-load.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I uninstalled my OLD nVidia drivers, so I could install my NEW radeon drivers, unfortunately when I did the reboot when I originally uninstalled nVidia's drivers, my login screen no longer works!
***!

Using Windows XP Professional SP2

A:Grrr, Windows screen won't load

have you tried booting into safe mode to correct the drivers?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/grrr-windows-screen-wont-load-200437.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello Everyone Usually i never ask for help but Now im about load Windows Black XP When Screen to trought that PC away After Windows XP Logging Screen you get a black screen for - sec then its the Welcome screen of XP loading Right Well The PC stick there and wont Move Safe mode itself doent work i tought at first it was a Component issue i unplugged All CD rom floppy and extra HD removed External video card network card and sound card then rebooted NOTHING i tough it was maybe a power supply issue its running with a Watts so i took my monster power supply out a Watts Still Not booting i reformated the PC after putting and plugging everything back without any prob did all update and such Did some benchmarking for days and today PC did same FREAKY thing i need help EDIT Its a Ghz Black Screen When Windows XP load P on a intel D GBF Motherboard ATI RADEON Meg AGP Dlink DFE- TX RevC Networkcard Creative Sound Blaster live Bit meg DDR mhz Ram Gig HD nbsp

A:Black Screen When Windows XP load

Hi

HD on its way out maybe ??, download the manufacturers test tool and test it.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-when-windows-xp-load.74886/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have Windows XP Home Edition SP My computer specs are AMD Athlon T Processor ghz gb RAM Nvidia Series video card with mb onbard RAM Windows Freezing Load Screen.. XP at AGP interface Hard drive is EIDE ATA interface GB About Windows XP Freezing at Load Screen.. a week ago my hard drive started making clicking noises and freezing up I determined that the hard was failing via a bad head So I purchased a new replacement hard drive My intention was to ghost the old hard Windows XP Freezing at Load Screen.. drive onto the new using Accronis My PC is old as you can tell and the original hard drive was only a gb The new one is a The old hard drive was holding up surprisingly well the clicking and freezing had stopped Then without a specific cause I try to boot the PC and it freezes at the load screen I imagine this may be a driver issue so I try to start in Safe Mode so I can to a scandisk or chkdsk However it only loads in safe mode to a certain degree then freezes there too I never actually make it into Windows The bios and CMOS detect the drive and from the dos c I can see whats on the drive I just can't get there My bundle software is too old to load into my new hard drive I say this because after I completely installed it I was going through the set up process setting up time location name of pc etc and it gets so far then just hangs forever So I can't even bit the bullet and start from scratch So basically I can't seem to repair to old hard drive so I can get the stuff I need from it to run the new one The new one came with a driver but it is having problems detecting the Bios settings on the motherboard Does anyone have any insight or suggestions as to how I can complete this process I am new to the site by the way I apologize if my inquiry broke any rules I haven't had time to read through them yet I'm desperate for help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-freezing-at-load-screen-272582.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Everytime I try to start my computer, it will get to the log on page and try to load the user name but then it will keep flashing from black to log on screen and will never load it. It will only load when in Safe mode so I can't do everything I wish to do.

I tried Startup repair and it seemed like it was fixing it but then it still did it.
Then I tried to repair it again but it found no problems this time.
I even did the Memory Check Test and still nothing.

I don't know what to do.
Please Help.

A:Windows log on screen won't load just keeps flashing

Yamik, try booting to Safe Mode and run System File Checker as follows:

How to Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/124722-windows-log-screen-wont-load-just-keeps-flashing.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Windows 8 start screen is not loading? I am using task manager to open my computer and everything else. any advise?

A:windows 8 start screen does not load

Try a system restore.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/16103-windows-8-start-screen-does-not-load.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I m having a similar problem except I m limited in Stuck Screen Windows Load other ways It s my older brother s computer He runs all his computers into the ground somehow but I bought it off him before it was quot too late quot Okay I Windows Load Screen Stuck m also getting stuck at the Windows XP Loading screen My safemode doesn t work for whatever reason I ve reinstalled Windows trying to get it to work but it stops on one of the drivers sits there and locks up So I m on the family computer typing this I DO have my Windows Professional CD but there s nothing I can really do I want reinstalling windows to be a LAST resort since I had to do that like not even weeks ago but the more I think about it I don t really have much choice The only choice I see available in Windows XP Setup is Recovery All that does is bring me to a command prompt screen Choose which installation of Windows Login Then it just sits there as C Windows and I don t know what commands to use out of the HELP list I did use FIXBOOT I figured why not Didn t really help I think what caused it is when I updated to Service Pack The reason I had to reinstall windows about weeks ago is because I d get black screened after the loading screen Everything still worked I just couldn t see anything On login screen if you hit TAB and then Enter it ll logon to the first user after typing a password and you ll hear the login sounds your computer makes Sorry it was so long I tend to ramble nbsp

A:Windows Load Screen Stuck

Ken14Z said:

I'm having a similar problem...except I'm limited in other ways.

It's my older brother's computer. He runs all his computers into the ground somehow...but I bought it off him before it was "too late".

Okay. I'm also getting stuck at the Windows XP Loading screen. My safemode doesn't work for whatever reason. I've reinstalled Windows trying to get it to work, but it stops on one of the drivers, sits there, and locks up. So I'm on the family computer typing this.

I DO have my Windows Professional CD, but there's nothing I can really do. I want reinstalling windows to be a LAST resort, since I had to do that like....not even 2 weeks ago...but the more I think about it, I don't really have much choice.

The only choice I see available in Windows XP Setup is Recovery. All that does is bring me to a command prompt screen. Choose which installation of Windows. Login. Then it just sits there as C:\Windows\ and I don't know what commands to use (out of the HELP list).

I did use FIXBOOT. I figured why not. Didn't really help.

I think what caused it is when I updated to Service Pack 2.
The reason I had to reinstall windows about 2 weeks ago is because I'd get black screened after the loading screen. Everything still worked, I just couldn't see anything. (On login screen if you hit TAB and then Enter it'll logon to the first user [after typing a password] and you'll hear the login sounds your computer makes.)

Sorry it was so long^ I tend to ramble. Click to expand...

Please post a separate posting....here this will only muddy the water for any help to this user....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-load-screen-stuck.519383/
Relevancy 69.66%

I've been working on this computer for a friend for a few days now The problem was that when the computer would Windows at Load Screen Shutdown startup it would just barely get to the windows loading screen and shut down I initially decided to try to repair windows which didn't help at all Then I decided to reformat and reinstall windows which likewise didn't help I decided to check to see if the hard drive was defective after that so I Shutdown at Windows Load Screen installed it into my machine and it worked like a charm I even tried reformatting and reinstalling windows on my machine and it worked perfectly until I put the hard drive back After that I checked to see if the cable was bad swapped cables and no difference I've tried all that I know to do to get this computer functioning again I Shutdown at Windows Load Screen just hope it's not a MOBO or BIOS Shutdown at Windows Load Screen problem Please help any advice would be appreciated EDIT Also I don't think it's a cooling problem the case is adequately cooled and it will shut down from stone cold Also it will not boot from Ultimate Boot CD or into safe mode

A:Shutdown at Windows Load Screen

Bump...Hope I can get some help on this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/shutdown-at-windows-load-screen-227560.html
Relevancy 69.66%

my computer is stuck on the windows XP load screen. I re installed the Windows XP. In Safe Mode there is no problem. Please help me

A:Stuck on the Windows XP load screen

in safe mode

in msconfig/startup

untick the boxes for all none ms items and see if it starts normally

if it does retick one at a time rebooting,until you find the one causing the problem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-on-the-windows-xp-load-screen-468415.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have an HP Touch Smart and everything was ok until this morning. When the computer gets to the blue Windows 7 screen it just flickers and never loads. Tried it in safe mode and it does same thing but the flicker is much slower. Help! Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385483-windows-7-wont-load-screen-flickers-off.html
Relevancy 69.66%

asus cg5290.
i7-920
gtx260
asus Gene II mobo
9 gig of ddr3-1333
LG monitor on DVI, old viewsonic on vga via adapter

I can run startup repair and everything, but it won't go to the login screen. both monitors go into sleep mode. this is a desktop that is from about 2009. windows is the first OEM install. I don't have a real windows disc, but I may be able to burn one on my laptop. also won't work in safe mode.
startup repair ruturned a 0x0 for everything but the last, which took about 20 minutes to run.... also a 0x error, but I don't remember whice. was running just fine a week ago....

A:black screen after windows load

fixed itself after I unplugged my headset receiver... running an sfc check just in case...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-after-windows-load-696410.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Okay so today my computer was lagging really badly.(Which it never does) So i restarted it to see if that would help, but when I restarted it, it would go to the starting windows screen but after that my screen went black no cursor or anything. So I figured hey why dont I just do the start-up repair tool but that didn't help it just said start-up repair could not fix this. The only way i can type this question is through safe mode. PLEASE help I cant restore my computer because I have important files on it, and I have no way to back it up. So any other ways to fix this would be appreciated.

A:Windows 7 won't load my login screen.

Quote: Originally Posted by 1013395

Okay so today my computer was lagging really badly.(Which it never does) So i restarted it to see if that would help, but when I restarted it, it would go to the starting windows screen but after that my screen went black no cursor or anything. So I figured hey why dont I just do the start-up repair tool but that didn't help it just said start-up repair could not fix this. The only way i can type this question is through safe mode. PLEASE help I cant restore my computer because I have important files on it, and I have no way to back it up. So any other ways to fix this would be appreciated.

Welcome to SevenForums,

-Some says that they have to uninstalled in safe mode the graphics drivers then rebooting fine. Reinstalled their graphics after.

-Is your hard drive in Bios set to SMART?

-Could be a bad virus, try a full scan in safe mode.

Hope this help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/257150-windows-7-wont-load-my-login-screen.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi! I've got this problem:

Last week, the screen started to blink, some strange lines appeared and everything froze. I had to turn the computer off and on again and everything worked fine. This happened a few times last week.

Now all of a sudden the computer won't start. When I turn on the computer, Windows XP logo with the loading bar shows up. But then (when the blue screen with user accounts should appear) the screen goes blank and some some strange deformations appear:

Only the safe-mode works. Strangely, after I went to safe-mode yesterday to make a copy of the most important files, I restarted the computer and Windows boot successfully and I thought everything was fine. Unfortunately now the blinking screen is back and the Windows do not load.

(It's an Asus laptop with Nvidia GeForce graphics card)

How can I solve this?

Relevancy 69.66%

Short version My computer screen @ Windows load Blank sometimes gets slow and requires a restart FireFox doesn't always shut down all the way which is a pretty common problem but when I restarted it this time for that reason it wouldn't load I get a choice between XP or recovery console and then a blank screen safe mode also gets a blank screen Blank screen @ Windows load after visibly loading drivers I tried restoring the MBR but that did not change anything Long version My computer sometimes gets slow and requires a restart FireFox doesn't always shut down all the way which is a pretty common problem Blank screen @ Windows load but when I restarted it this time for that reason it wouldn't load I get a choice between Blank screen @ Windows load XP or recovery console and then a blank screen safe mode also gets a blank screen after visibly loading drivers I uninstalled some programs before last restart including a codec which a software I was using said was required but still popped up the same dialog after installing the codec however the site I got it from was legitimate though I don't have a link it was obvioulsy legitimate and the codec even had a logo I just don't know what a codec is so I probablay installed the wrong one and I don't know where it installed to to fill in the dialog prompt Every software I uninstalled however was installed the day before I did not install anything other then t b S video editor which is a program known not to be a virus It is also not the type of commercial ad-heavy error-causing software such as Adobe Windows McAfee and AIM that people tend to want to stay away from My system does seem to have a virus of some sort on it Google com does not load hosts file is fine system is slower then it was last time I was at this house a dll error for a dll that Google doesn't know about usually shows up at restart and opendns com loads but not properly and one particular webpage that hads nothing to do with yahoo kept redirecting me to yahoo for no reason This virus if that's what it is has been present the entire months I've been here and I have restarted the computer plenty of times I recently started to wonder if the virus had something to do with about com when many of the links I clicked in Yahoo search seemed to be related to about com which usually tends to have articles I wouldn't click on and when I saw an ad for about com at the top of a page on sourceforge net with ann option to quot close this frame quot I realiazed that might be what the virus was So I did a Yahoo search on that I am unaware of any alternative to Google but had not yet navigated to that tab when I restarted quot save session quot Spybot did not cath this virus and I have sucessfully restarted the computer once since that scan was done I am not asking for help with the virus but rather with the fact that my computer will not load Windows anymore This is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT because it is not my computer I am a geek I have no other way to talk to my boyfriend and I will be blamed for this problem by a person who asked if Google was installed when I told him it wouldn't load and never allowed to use the computer again if I cannot fix this problem without reformatting The only suggested solution I have found so far is to try restoring the MBR table I did this it did not require a disc as the person said that it did and no different results have come from it The Recovery Console asked me which installation I want to repair D MiniNT D I or C WINDOWS C Windows was the third option and I do not know what MiniNT is I am also unsure why i was listed since I believe the syatem should recognize what that is I desperately need your help so thank you in advance to any attempts

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blank-screen-windows-load-318346.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hey I just have one problem after recently noticed I had a keylogger I tried to quarantine with ad-aware but it wasn t effective after trying to delete it via registry editor I knew I was in some need of software to get rid of it and so I bought Registry Mechanic this looked very good and rather efficient I scanned to find that I had problems with my pc to do with the space etc After getting rid of some of the problems it asked me to restart the computer and so I did after the Windows XP loading screen the computer just goes black and nothing happens I even sat Screen Black load Windows After up XP there and waited minutes I also no this has nothing to do with my monitor as I tested it with another pc Furthermore I tried to run safe mode but it doesn Black Screen After Windows XP load up t seem to work and it crashes after lines of white writing come down the screen I really need to sort this out and I cannot reboot my pc as I have valuable information etc to me on it Please can someone help me nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

So last night i downloaded/ran what i thought was a firefox addon... the second i opened it, blue screen for a split second.. and reboot...

Now EVERYTIME i try to boot my PC.. at the windows load screen i receive a blue screen (disappears and reboots before i can possibly read it.. but i think there is writing on it)... Ive tried to boot in safe mode.. ive tried to boot from a recovery disc.. still the same..

I have no idea what to do next.. please help..

Thanks, powerhouse.

A:Blue Screen at Windows Load

Just remembered we have an 'Ultimate Boot CD'.. could this be of use? although i have no idea how to use it/the options in it.. just thought id add that before i have to go, since i can't check here on my PC.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-at-windows-load-441563.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi This is my first post so I'm hoping for the best I've searched everywhere and I can't find an answer so I'm really stumped Here's the problem After my Dell N went into hibernation it will not complete its start-up sequence It screen a login Windows not 7 will load loads files gets to a blue screen and the mouse works but it will not load the login screen To restart the computer from this screen I have to turn it off Ctrl - Alt - Del does not work The computer also does this if I press F and do the any of the following options quot Repair your computer quot quot Safe Mode quot quot Safe Mode with Command Prompt quot quot Last know good Configuration quot or quot Debug Mode Windows 7 will not load a login screen quot I have also tried Pressing F and restoring the bios to its default settings Running my system repair disk and my system restore disk Running quot Start-up Repair quot when I first turn on the machine All of the above result in exact same blue-screen mouse I have an original Windows Professional disk that I bought for my desk top Using this I am able to get the menu for installing Windows but the repair option hangs looking for a Windows installation When I go into the Bios setup it seems to recognize the hard drive at least to the extent that the information displayed is accurate I have Windows 7 will not load a login screen had no other problems with the computer up to this point and it is years old Thanks for your time in reading this and any help you can provide Let me know if you need more information

A:Windows 7 will not load a login screen

Hi PaladinStL and Welcome to sevenforums, I hope you'll enjoy your stay here!

You said that the computer boots to a blue screen, are you talking about a BSOD or just blue screen without text?

If it is a BSOD then we would need to get the error message that it generates! Usually there should be a single line near the top in all caps and at the bottom there should be a STOP with error codes that begin with "0x".

If not then you might have to take out the CMOS battery. Though I would leave this as a last resort and it depends on how technical and precise you are.

I hope this helps and puts you on the right path!

Cheers!
Boris

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387979-windows-7-will-not-load-login-screen.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello,
I have a problem with my laptop. Whenever I switch it on, it gets to the load screen (with the XP logo and blue status bar) and sticks there without moving on. I am able to access my computer in Safe Mode - elsewhere I've read that this can be due to a driver issue (though I haven't installed anything new recently), or that the computer simply needs defragging (which I'm doing at the moment) Does anyone have any ideas/solutions?

Cheers =) Any help is massively appreciated - I'd quite like to be able to use this computer for work!

Andrew

Relevancy 69.66%

Hello ,The issue I am having is on my wife’s laptop .I turn it on and the OS(which is now windows 10, kind of got forced into it) will not load I get some kind of memory error and the laptop will not start.I will restart it pressing shift+F8 to get into safe mode to do any kind of troubleshoot ,repair available or to see if it’s a virus and run anti-virus in safe mode .Safe mode does open but it requires an email to run any repair, troubleshoot or any other option to fix the issue .The problem is it’s an old @hotmail.com address which hotmail is now outlook and hotmail was dispersed .We tried everything we could to recover that Email but it is impossible to recover an Email that does not exist any more .We are at a loss at how to remedy this situation .Can you help

A:grey screen windows will not load

The @hotmail address' are still good (I have several of them that I still use regularly).  They just open in Outlook.com (even though the address is still @hotmail.com)
You can recover the password by following the instructions at the login screen (I did this a couple of months back for a customer).

If you can't recover the password, then you'll have to decide if you want to recover data off of the system.
Once the data recovery is done, you can reinstall Windows.
Let us know what version you had on the system originally - and if you have the product key.
Then we can discuss how you want to proceed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620097/grey-screen-windows-will-not-load/
Relevancy 69.66%

Good evening my windows 10 was working perfectly earlier on my custom built machine but now it will only present me with the first window screen do on which is black of a blue window find after that i received a completely blank screen I know it's not the monitor and I have removed the BIOS and set everything back to default this happened last year at around the same time actually and the above steps correct the issue

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/windows-10-wont-load-past-first-screen-4606965/
Relevancy 69.66%

Boy I am in a jam I have a Dell Dimension with a pentium processor that was running Windows XP Made the mistake of fiddling around with it added a nd hard drive and when I booted up the icons were huge and it would not allow me to change the resolution Fooled with msconfig a little forget what I did now and when I turned on computer it shows the dell screen and the windows xp screen then just will load not black windows - screen goes to a black screen Nothing happens after that Tried to boot up in safe mode and does the same thing Thought I could repair by using the windows windows will not load - black screen xp installation disk hit R for repair but now it's asking for my admin password There is no way I windows will not load - black screen will remember it Anyone have any ideas for how to fix this I am stumped Can not get past this black screen to a command prompt or anything Thanks so much for any suggestions Kim

A:windows will not load - black screen

If you don't know your admin password, I'm not sure there is much you can do.

If you have access to another computer, you could take out the main HDD and hook it up to the other computer to act as a slave drive so you can get any important files on there. Then hook it back up to the 'damaged' computer and completely wipe out the drive using DBAN and then reinstalling Windows.

(Simply click the colored link to be re-directed.)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-will-not-load-black-screen-258045.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hey guys I'm having a rather annoying issue with my little brothers pc,
it gets to the windows loading screen then reboots, I've replayed the thermal compound and checked for dust, unplugged the slave hdd (connected through pci sata card), unplugged the sound card, unplugged all ide devices other than the hdd with OS, I have also tested a different hdd with the same result, reset bios to defaults, formatting and reinstalling windows.

Thanks guys
Gigabyte GA-8ST667 Mobo
Pentium 4 2.4ghz
500gb sata samsung
80gb ide (OS)
sb live audigy LS
radeon 256mb agpx8

A:Gets to windows load screen then reboots

go into the BIOS and check the Temps =]
Post them on here...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gets-to-windows-load-screen-then-reboots.767373/
Relevancy 68.8%

My computer starting acting up today when i was winraring something it restarted itself and now it wont boot to my desktop
it keeps rebooting after the windows logo screen and theres a blue screen with words that show up for 1 sec...i wasnt able to read it
i tried rebooting in safe mode but it still does the some thing

can someone please help me on this

A:Computer restarts right after windows load screen

If your getting a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) after a sudden system reboot this would mean you are experiencing hardware failure. Can you give us the specs of the computer component by component and the age of it. This could help narrow down possible causes. Also have you changed anything major recently.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-right-after-windows-load-screen.137007/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron and whenever I turn my pc on a blue screen flashes and says Windows Cannot Load load Windows Can't Death? Screen of Blue It goes directly to Startup Repair However That does not fix the issue I tried a Recovery Disk for Windows iso and Blue Screen of Death? Can't load Windows that does not work either It started rebooting back to the factory settings but when it completed and restarted the blue screen of death was still around I tried Command Prompt with Scandsk f I believe and that did not work at first because it was write protected I found a way past that and nothing At one point it said boot memtest exe is missing or corrupt Right now I got into a Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool I have no idea how I did but its checking for memory problems The only way I got to this was by pressing the down button when booting with windows recovery disk via dvd drive and when it stated press any button to boot when I press down it gets to this Is my hard drive fried Can this be rectified

A:Blue Screen of Death? Can't load Windows

can someone please help me on this?

I tried other methods i have found on this forum such as running the memem86 program but it kept running for hours and nothing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416008/blue-screen-of-death-cant-load-windows/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey I constantly restarts XP screen... load after Windows PC have a PC that I built with a friend I'm running XP Pro SP or attempting to but every time that I attempt to power on the XP Load screen comes up for a bit and then the black screen that tells me Windows didn't shut down properly the last time I have attempted to start up with Safe Mode Last Working Config and just regular Start Up When I do this it attempts to load again and ends up rebooting back to the black screen I currently have Knoppix running on Linux until we figure out what the issue is Anybody have any ideas I didn't make any significant software or hardware changes before this started happening except for a ram upgrade gb to gbx which was running fine for a PC constantly restarts after Windows XP load screen... week or two prior to this Before I could not start up AT ALL I got a few blue screens where the PC would crash and need to be restarted or times over the period of a few days That happened once while I was running quite a few programs two times while trying to install an EA game and a few random times where my computer had been on for a long period of time Please let me know if I am missing something here I have attempted switching the RAM and that hasn't worked I have checked all the cables to make sure they are securely connected I don't really know what sort of physical problem would keep it from booting Windows even in Safe Mode or something For the record I am picking up a copy of Vista tomorrow but I was hoping to run that on another partition of my hard drive later on once I get a second internal HD EDIT I DO still hav e the XP Pro CD just in case I just reformatted this hard drive recently so I would really love NOT having to do that again so soon EDIT System Specs Asus Mobo PQI GB Mhz RAM Samsung GB HD SATA ATI Radeon Pro

A:PC constantly restarts after Windows XP load screen...

Corrupted OS software, perhaps?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-constantly-restarts-after-windows-xp-load-screen-294609.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a 2 month old Dell Inspiron 660 running Windows 8.1.that came with windows 8 installed but I upgraded to 8.1 off the internet. Everything worked okay until I did a scan and cleaning with ccleaner. Pretty soon startup was very slow going from the Dell screen to the lock screen to the password screen to the windows welcome screen but windows would eventually load. Now the startup only goes to the welcome screen. That little circle of dots starts spinning and keeps on spinning but Windows never loads. Did I erase some registry files when I cleaned it? I got on Microsoft's live chat support who said they could fix it for 99 bucks but I don't have a dollar much less 99. Does anybody know how I could fix this for free myself?

I also wanted to know how load Dos from win 8.1 and how to boot win 8.1 in safe mode.

Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks y'all!

A:Windows 8.1 doesn't load past the welcome screen.

Hi Breedlove, Welcome to Eight forums.

Found a link for you. Step By Step How to Solve Windows 8.1 and 8 Black Screen Issue upon boot | Virtualization blog

In short, you have to go to Safe mode and disable the graphic card and monitors and then reboot. If this resolves, fine. Else, update the drivers for your graphic card.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37365-windows-8-1-doesnt-load-past-welcome-screen.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hoping someone can help...when I turn on computer it goes to a screen which appears when the computer is shut off incorrectly...that screen gives me choices....

Safe mode
Safe mode with networking
Safe mode with command prompt

Last known good configuration

And

Start windows normally....

None of these seem to work...it just tries to load...gives me the windows logo screen, hp invent logo screen ....then back to the same screen I started with...with all the different choices...

I have an old hp pavilion with windows xp....

What do I do to repair this problem? PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

A:HELP! Computer doesn't load windows screen

Any issues prior to the problem at hand? Did you try running a hard drive diagnostic test by connecting it to another working PC?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454445/help-computer-doesnt-load-windows-screen/
Relevancy 68.8%

everytime i trun on my computer it stays on the window xp loading screen forever.
dont know what wrong so can someone help.

A:my computer is stuck on the windows XP load screen

Hello trollman7777,

Will the system start in "safe mode"? Restart the system and repeatedly tap "F8" choose safe mode.

Let us know the results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-is-stuck-on-the-windows-xp-load-screen-292821.html
Relevancy 68.8%

hi when i power on my computer and a screen comes sagfe mode etc safe mode with command prompt etc last known config etc any i select i end up with blue screen stating "a problem has been dectected and windows has been shut down to protect your computer" please help im at a loss

A:windows won't load dredded blue screen help

update got hardware express test to work recieved this error message

error code 6537:011b
expected cpu fan on low rpm of 1900 detected fan rpm = 1250

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-wont-load-dredded-blue-screen-help-308279.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have an hp pavillion laptop Its running windows vista home premium edition I turned on the computer and it was showing me a message telling me whether i wanted to start in safe mode or repair window I chose the repair window option It did the window start up repair and then there was a message that told me if i wanted to restore at black screen. load. Stays not will Windows to a previous time I chose a date that i knew the computer last worked perfectly It did the restore and then said it would restart It stayed on a black screen with a flashing underscore on the top left side I waited hours and it never restarted so i turned it off and then turned it on It starts to load brings up the screen with a loading bar then it goes into a black screen and just stays there I tried loading it in safe mode and it loaded Was able to back up my information Restarted the computer and still the same just a black screen I have searched all over but cant find a solution

A:Windows will not load. Stays at black screen.

Worth a look, http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01997899&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=1842189

Louis

Typically...black screen with blinking cursor in XP can be resolved by running the fixmbr command from the XP Recovery Console. Since you have an HP system, you may not have the RC.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388557/windows-will-not-load-stays-at-black-screen/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have been trying to install windows 8 to my 128GB ssd, with no luck. It seems to install fine, but once it tries to boot, it shows the splash screen, of the windows, and the dots turning, and it's gone after about 3 seconds, then the screen stays black, and nothing else loads! I have unplugged all other drives, and tried again, to no avail.

Any ideas why?

A:Windows 8 won't load past splash screen

Have you tried deleting all Partitions so as the SSD drive no partitions is actually blank
Then doing a clean install…

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/16568-windows-8-wont-load-past-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 68.8%

tried safe mode gets stuck there too.
tried hirens boot disc  no icons up on screen -i guess it can't seem to find harddrive
tried recovery console to do system restore but just stays on examing(harddrive)

i read on here about  making a disc (german) to do a chkdsk (tools/ntfs4dos/chkdsk)
but it starts then stops and you see the prompt. x> actually it may not even have started the chkdsk maybe can't find the drive although recovery console new it was a 500gb drive so it found something.

tried to find  a harddrive checker i could get on disc but can't seem to find one i'm using  hirens boot disc using another harddrive that doesn't have windows working so i am very limited as to what i can do.

main thing is to find out if flies are still on there.

thanks
ric

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616099/computer-stuck-on-windows-load-screen/
Relevancy 68.8%

My computer keeps shutting down completely at windows load screen I would constantly turn it on and sometimes out of times it would actually load up to desktop And when I restart my computer or shut it down for whatever reason same thing happens Goes to Windows loading screen and shuts down I ve checked several threads etc load screen at down Computer windows shuts All say its either this or that s the issue but I tried almost everything possible I ve tried Bought thermal paste but not a heating issue Computer shuts down at windows load screen Bought a new Hard drive but same thing happens with that hard drive Bought new ram Tried booting comp with the new ram only same issue Bought new graphics card Im pretty sure its not the Power supply because when the computer actually hits the desktop i can leave it on for days Or when its not able to boot to desktop I can stay on the bios screen for days My Specs Amd x GB Ram Geforce GS Windows Ultimate Someone please help me find a solution nbsp

A:Computer shuts down at windows load screen

What motherboard are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shuts-down-at-windows-load-screen.172738/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi All

My son's desktop HP compaq Intel Celeron 2.6 ghz, xp pro, 768 ram.

Problem started when windows splash screen started then stopped before getting to desktop. Screen went black. I started an xp repair but couldnt even get into recovery console (could not see windows directory?).

I suspected a hard drive/master book record failure and after installing fresh copies of windows twice (which went through the full set up process fine on both occasions) then went to boot up fresh and still got windows xp splash screen for a few seconds then black....ok so I removed hard drive put another one in a loaded windows on fresh (new partition/formatted etc.).

Same problem? Process of elimination now suggests not a hard drive problem.....

Any suggestions PLEASE?

A:Windows xp doesnt load after splash screen

Hi mardette, welcome to TSF.

Going by your description it would appear the graphics card is faulty, as that is about the time when it switches from low to hi graphics.

Try booting and tapping the F8 key to get the menu and select the vga mode to see if the desktop can be reached that way.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-doesnt-load-after-splash-screen-291418.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a HP a6683w running Windows Vista. When you turn the computer on it comes up with the HP screen but then goes to a black screen with a cursor blinking in the upper left corner. You can select F10 setup and get it to come up and also the ESC key works but the F11 (system recovery) will not do anything as well as F8 (safe mode) also will not do anything. Any ideas for a fix would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A:Windows won't load -- black screen with cursor

The C drive may be corrupted or going bad. Try running CHKDSK by going to Computer and right-click on the C drive. Select Properties, tools, check now. Put a check in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up. Any errors mean trouble

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-wont-load-black-screen-with-cursor.184164/
Relevancy 68.8%

So yesterday my computer was working fine shutdown for the night, turned on this morning and it is freezing the splash screen.

Safe-mode works (i am in right now), tried a system restore cause yesterday my avg had upadated so I restored to a few days before that. Restart and nothing, so back in to safe-mode upon loading I am told that restore worked.

I uninstalled AVG, nothing.
Ran S&D, nothing.
Malarware bytes, nothing.
Ran AVG, nothing. (must have restored)

I am at a loss of what to do. The only thing I can think of is the AVG update, cause it had asked me to restart but I didnt bother restarting since I was going to shutoff the computer soon.

A:Freezes on Windows load splash screen

Have you tried Last Known Good Configuration?

You should find that option in the Advanced Boot Options - where you found Safe mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/freezes-on-windows-load-splash-screen-341205.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi Team,

My Computer got stuck when i opened web browser on it. After that system hanged , i waited for 1/2 hour but  screen was stuck at one place, i tried everything but nothing works. After that i restarted the system but when welcome screen appear on system
it automatically restarted again & again. i tried in safe mode setting as well as in last working setting but the result is same. I could not able to restart again. I am using Windows XP Professional (Version 2002).  Please suggest me solution.
Shekhar Rao
(On Behalf of Harbans Mahajan)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9c116783-0cab-449e-bbac-d26e3518ba17/windows-xp-professional-will-not-load-past-welcome-screen?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 68.8%

I'm not so much worried about fixing the blue screen yet just finding out what it's even saying I start up my EEE PC he and right after the XP Load screen comes up the system shows a blue screen then restarts I tried to load in via safe mode to change the restart on blue screen setting but I can't even load into safe mode I'm not really sure what I could've done but that's not my concern at the moment Is there a registry file that can be changed or button to be pressed during boot to keep it from shutting down and allow me to read the blue screen Blue - then on reboot Windows load screen If anyone's wondering quot How can you change the registry when you can't load Windows quot I can load the registry into a PE and edit it from there I'm Blue screen on Windows load - then reboot working on getting USB bootable memtest and some other stuff but for the time being I just want to know what the BSOD is saying

A:Blue screen on Windows load - then reboot

Start (or restart) the PC, then start tapping the F8 key about twice a second.
(Some PCs use F8 for other options, in that case try F5. On some Multimedia keyboards you may have to hold a separate Function key down so the Fx keys will not be seen as media keys)

The following Menu should appear:
Windows Advanced Options Menu
Please select an option:
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Enable Boot Logging
Enable VGA Mode
Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)
Directory Services Restore Mode (Windows domain controllers only)
Debugging Mode
Disable automatic restart on system failure
Start Windows Normally
Reboot
Return to OS Choices Menu

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.

Select the Disable automatic restart on system failure option

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-on-windows-load-then-reboot-472627.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi Tech Support Guy Forums Turned the computer on today and Windows will not load gets as far as the black Windows XP page with the loading scroll bar Nothing happens beyond that Everything was working fine yesterday and nothing was downloaded or installed to indicate where to start looking Tried installing GB RAM last month to no avail and took it out Things have been okay since Have read some posts that suggest using the Windows install CD to repair whatever but I didn t get one with the computer only have won't screen Windows black past XP load the Windows recovery disk Specs listed below System eMachines T Desktop Windows XP AMD Sempron Processor GHz MB RAM AntiVirus Spy Malware CA Antivirus and spyware SpyBot Malwarebytes Internet Browser Road Runner High Speed FireFox Browser Juno Browser Internet Explorer don t use this as it always has problems Have run all virus spy and malware scanners Windows won't load past black XP screen today and nothing was found by any of them Any help thoughts or ideas would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

I installed the Windows download last night and everything seemed to go smoothly until the log-in screen came up I logged in with my password hit enter - got the welcome and it transitioned to a black screen with no icons no background no task bar The cursor is active and movable left and right clicks do nothing The only thing that shows is not load log-in; screen will just Windows 10 desktop a after black my Windows 10 will not load desktop after log-in; just a black screen Comodo Secure notification box in the top right-hand corner I've attempted to by shutdown and restarting Windows 10 will not load desktop after log-in; just a black screen to get to a desktop without success I then tried a Safe Mode start by waiting for the log-in page holding Shift and using the power icon at the bottom of the log-in page to restart I was successful at first Was able to do a reset and re-install windows my desktop came up and I thought all was good But when I restarted after downloading my Chrome browser which had been removed during the reset reinstall the same thing happened - after log-in no desktop icons etc I was going to do a Safe Mode again but the log-in page now has only two icons at the bottom instead of three Originally there was a connect to the internet icon a 'ease of access icon and a power icon with choice of restart shutdown sleep Now there are only two icons the connect amp ease of icons So I can't even get into Safe Mode now I went to the microsoft support page they have a minute wait for call-backs and similar wait for on-line chat I'm hoping someone has a suggestion I might mention I'm years old and not very well-versed in computers UPDATE Microsoft finally called me back - was on the phone with them for about hours they tried everything to get me into safe mode ctrl alt del ctrl shift esc win R etc Nothing After two minute holds where they sought help from a supervisor who had them try the 'unplug' computer see if it reboots to recovery screen No it didn't they finally decided to kick me up to a Level Engineer who will call me on Sunday Aug th around pm I'll come back and update this after Sunday but will also check back for any replies suggestions between now and then

A:Windows 10 will not load desktop after log-in; just a black screen

Hi,

Do you have the Windows 10 DVD or another PC to download and burn the Windows 10 DVD?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585607/windows-10-will-not-load-desktop-after-log-in;-just-a-black-screen/
Relevancy 68.8%

My HP mini 210-1080nr stopped working yesterday. It loads a blue screen with sun rays and no text. Tried f8 repeatedly during startup to get safe mode, but it just beeps a lot. Can get to some diagnostic stuff by hitting esc during start up, but not sure what it means. Coincidently, a couple hours later, my desktop crashed, so I am thinking virus not hardware issue. Can start desktop in safe mode with networking and am trying to resolve, but not sure what to do with this netbook. Netbook is running windows7. It is 18 months old, and I replaced the battery last month.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-load-blue-screen-with-sun-rays.1048762/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have repeatedly rebooted my system and I keep running into the blue screen. I can't get anything else to come up after I reboot. Once, when my computer was still in start up mode, I quickly hit th F12 key to run diagnostics. The only error code I got was "DST Short Test - 'Fail' - code 1000-0146" "msg: Unit 2: DST Log contains previous error" I have not installed or uninstalled anything, so I don't understand why this is coming up. Please help... What can I do???

A:Windows xp unable to load, blue screen

DST= Drive Self Test

It is saying your harddrive isn't working.
Open the case and reset the connecting power and data cables.
You can try booting from your Windows installation disk to get a command line and then run chkdsk which will repair the repairable.
Also most drive manufacturers have utilities to download and run from a floppy to check and repair a disk.

But you may be in the market for a new harddrive.

ps. if the drive is dead, it MAY revive long enough to rescue some important files if you put the HD in a plastic bag in the freezer for 24 hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-unable-to-load-blue-screen.546382/
Relevancy 68.8%

About 2 hours ago, i was on my computer doing as i would any other day. I restart it because AVG tells me a recent update needs a restart. After the Black screen that says Windows XP on it finishes loading, the default blue background appears, but nothing else does. Normally, there is a log in screen that says something to the extent of User name: and Password: Ok Cancel Shutdown and stuff like that. I am currently in SafeMode with networking so i can get on the internet. I have tried removing the Passwords, but still nothing...

A:Default windows blue screen after load

Yeah, I'm pretty sure i just fixed it, I just uninstalled AVG while i was in Safe mode. Apparently a lot of people have had this problem before. I hope this helps other people...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/default-windows-blue-screen-after-load.740709/
Relevancy 68.8%

-Not sure if this is where this questions belongs sorry- My problem that I have been having for months My computer at times would just randomly shut down or when I tried to start it up It would start to load then reboot and go to the quot blue screen of death quot Anyways that problems Seems to be gone for at least a month now Now the only problem left that I just gave up on fixing is I cant go to add remove programs Everytime I click it My computer instantly Shuts off and goes to the blue screen and says being dump blahdy blahdy blah Well I figure there is some sort of nasty virus or something But that is my only problem even after deleting and reinstalling windows on C I didnt reinstall the D drive but never touch it so dont think its the problem I really would like to get into add remove Why or what could Blue when try I goes Add/Remove??? to Windows to Help!! screen load be causing my computer to restart when trying to load add remove Its windows XP btw If you need to know anything else just ask Thanks nbsp

A:Windows goes to Blue screen when I try to load Add/Remove??? Help!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-goes-to-blue-screen-when-i-try-to-load-add-remove-help.750584/
Relevancy 68.8%

Okay. So. I bring my computer from the dorms home for the summer and all of a sudden it won't start up. At the Windows 98 load screen with the happy blue clouds, the scrolling bar at the bottom goes from left to right, then kinda hangs in place for a few seconds, and then resumes scrolling, except the system just sits there and the processor isnt doing any work. Safe mode works. Also, in step-by-step confirmation, it freezes after trying to load msmouse.vxd.

my computer is a Hypersonic PC w/ 600 mghz Pentium III, 128 megs of RAM....obviously running windows 98.

help!

thanks

A:Computer freezes at WIndows 98 Load Screen

Welcome to TSG, thetobis

I suggest that you work your way though James Eshelman's Shutdown and Startup Troubleshooter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-at-windows-98-load-screen.143777/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hiya:wave:

well i feel very stupid, i wanted to put a custom boot screen on my laptop, to customize it a little, so i got a program to randomize the boot screens, clicked apply boot screen then restarted.

Manufacturers screen loads, then nothing, i could leave it to sit all day, but nothing.

the boot screen will not run, nor will windows load.

I have tried to run the computer in safe mode, but still nothing.

I have very important files on the disk, and do not want to loose them if i have to reformat the drive

Please help

I would be very thankful if you could help. :wave:

A:Custom boot screen, will now not load windows

How about resetting the CMOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-boot-screen-will-now-not-load-windows.83378/
Relevancy 68.8%

i was working on the computer then i accidently disconnected the power i connected it it ran trough chkdsk it finished then it restarted the themes were messed up so i did system restore the themes worked again then i tried to sync my treo with activesync i've done before no problems it wouldn't connect so i restarted my computer it said windows did not shutdown correctly do you want to start normally, last known good configuration, safe mode. i choose last good config but it gets to the load screen to xp it just restarts and gives the same choices it would be prefereable to not reinstall windows i hadn't backed it up for about two months
thanks for the help

A:computer restarts before windows xp load screen

also forgot xp home with sp3 i think it all started with avast it just slowed down too much compaq presario 6027us

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-restarts-before-windows-xp-load-screen-461695.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a compaq desktop old sr nx windows was preinstalled I have an sp -sp disk i have changed antivirus recently and tried to windows black no no options help load screen.. xp ! remove both macafee and trendmicro and have installed avira free antivirus there were some problems with the uninstalls and in the installs and I help ! black screen.. no load no options windows xp had a few errors but the computer worked for a couple of days after that today black screen no start up the fan turns on it starts to wind up like it is loading but it never really turns over so my checklist a i have juice the monitor works i connected it and the cable to a laptop and they work i also ran a test and it says signal works c i have rebooted and tried every F and other option over and over can get nothing d i have tried rebooting with all peripherals detached e i have tried rebooting with sp -sp disk in cd rom drive nothing gets me anything a the green power light stays on the fan keeps running c it rumbles for a bit if i can figure out how to get to a screen anykind of screen to do a registry or restore option I would be very appreciatived

A:help ! black screen.. no load no options windows xp

WHat kind of hard drive do you have?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521993/help-black-screen-no-load-no-options-windows-xp/
Relevancy 68.8%

first of all i am in my vista system as i write this because i load XP past not boot Windows screen does have HDs XP is my primary system but yesterday something happened i usually leave it on hibernation when i have to leave and come back but when i did that and turn on the pc it went just fine but after the quot windows is resuming quot nothing happened just blank so i restarted the pc Windows XP does not load past boot screen by holding the power button then i usual i see the bios screen etc then Windows XP does not load past boot screen it asks me what system i want to load i choose XP and i get the quot windows did not start normally quot so i pick start windows normal option i get the windows loading screen then nothing so i get frustrated i unplug my pc leave it for a while then restart go through the same steps bios screen systems etc after picking XP again i get the same quot windows did not start normally quot and i choose safe mode it starts ok go inside check somethings and decided to do system restore so i restore back days i restart and this time i am able to get in normally but today i had to do this at least times and now it just doesnt work i know the hard drive is ok because i can browse through it while in this system nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-does-not-load-past-boot-screen.630694/
Relevancy 68.8%

My desktop will load up to the windows logo and then go to a black screen. I believe it is a driver issue but I cannot get into windows to update them.
Things I have tried myself to resolve this issue.
- Use different VGA cable
- Use my onboard GPU to load into windows (problem persists)
- Load in through safe mode, on two different monitors (get message: input timing error)
Anybody ever deal with this? I can't seem to find any other options.

A:Load up to windows logo and then black screen

What hardware? Make make/model? what's the os?

Thanks, and welcome.

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/load-up-to-windows-logo-and-then-black-screen.1143635/
Relevancy 68.8%

I had recently formatted and reinstalled windows xp home edition. Everytime I restart my computer this comes up after the Dell logo displays. It lasts for approximately 5 minutes and then the Windows XP loading screen comes up and boots to the desktop. This load is really annoying and has never happended to me on previous installs of Windows XP. Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

System Specs.
Dell Dimension 4600
Windows XP home edition SP2(This issue also came up on the original install)
Pentium 4 3.4ghz processor
1 gb ram
128mb ATI Radeon Pro graphics card

A:Black NT load screen on Windows XP startup

That screen is actually a byproduct of SP2, as long as you run SP2 your stuck with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-nt-load-screen-on-windows-xp-startup.437839/
Relevancy 68.8%

Yeah, when i restarted my computer and tried to go onto my account, the screen takes about 15 minutes to load now. Also, my internet isnt working now either. Someone please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-screen-taking-forever-to-load-270601.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello I tried 4 different new DVI cables and connected my computer screen to the hardware box and it refuses to work. Instead it says no signal and it goes back to sleep. Is there something wrong with my monitor or my hardware box?? How can I fix this?? Why the new cables fail to show signal???

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129747-hp-p6098d-screen-refuses-load-windows.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have owned my Toshiba Laptop for years and have had no problems with it I loaded Keperksy virus programme from PC user disc and the next time I turned my lapptop on it loaded and came up to a XP screen Logon Windows Load past won't logon screen for windows xp I have Windows XP won't Load past Logon screen never had this screen come up before in the years that I have owned it I have tried escape enter all the passwords that I use and noting has worked I have tried all the usernames and even the previous persons username and all I can get is the desktop screen with no icons on it if you know what I mean I downloaded boot discs and can load to the A prompt I can change this to C and even Windows but the only command that seems to work is Dir Can someone advise me as to how to get my PC back to normal I have tried to boot using F in safemode but when it loads it goes to the logon screen It loads Windows for about seconds and then logs out I have no original discs for using to reload windows xp It is the Kaspersky programme that has altered something I cannot get into my PC setup to type regedit at the run command Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Windows XP won't Load past Logon screen

I have a friend with exactly the same problem oldtoyboy - so I'll watch this thread with great interest!

I searched the forum and found this thread... but as Safe Mode does exactly what you're describing, I'm in a similar situation.

I feel it is a virus as it has occurred to two identical computers my friend is running on her home network... too coincidental and as her answer to "do you have antivirus?" was "I think so..." I'm not sure as to her level of protection before I came into the picture.

I think we'll need a virus boot disk (I think PC-Cillin used to do one years back)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-wont-load-past-logon-screen.720937/
Relevancy 68.8%

Well it didn t take long for me to have issues again Why does this always happen to me nbsp Anyway After I used CCleaner yesterday to clean up my Windows computer which I do every week I DID NOT use the Registry one I started having issues I couldn t get it to shut down so I had to force shut it down When I started it up again I noticed that when I search for update in the search box down next to the start button and I try to click on Check for updates and Windows Update Settings nothing happens Nothing loads I was able help) screen Windows won't through Update start load (please to get into Windows update through the regular Settings app though This is disconcerting As far as I know I have no viruses and this was not occurring when I started the computer after Windows Update won't load through start screen (please help) I got home from work I would prefer not to reset to factory settings either I used CCleaner in a similar manner last week and this did not occur From what I can tell it is still checking for Windows Update and there are no other issues but this is still a disconcerting issue and I want it to work through the Search If someone could help me fix this issue I would really appreciate it Please help me ASAP Thank youP S Here s System Information OS Name Microsoft Windows HomeVersion Build Other OS Description Not AvailableOS Manufacturer Microsoft CorporationSystem Name DESKTOP-L A System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC System Model TP LABSystem Type x -based PCSystem SKU ASUS-NotebookSKUProcessor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc TP LAB SMBIOS Version Embedded Controller Version BIOS Mode UEFIBaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC BaseBoard Model Not AvailableBaseBoard Name Base BoardPlatform Role MobileSecure Boot State OffPCR Configuration Binding Not PossibleWindows Directory C WINDOWSSystem Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United StatesHardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name DESKTOP-L A MattTime Zone Eastern Daylight TimeInstalled Physical Memory RAM GBTotal Physical Memory GBAvailable Physical Memory GBTotal Virtual Memory GBAvailable Virtual Memory GBPage File Space MBPage File C pagefile sysHyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions YesHyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware YesHyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157587.0.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I am at a loss here I was checking emails today and I got a blue screen of death on Windows I stupidly didn't take a screen capture however the error message had to do with winSys exe and then the usually memory dump messages I rebooted into safe mode and tried running Spybot but it came up with an error so I downloaded and ran Malwarebytes anti-malware It found problems and I deleted them I then ran Avast and it found no infections Figuring it was a malware problem I rebooted Now Windows won't load It gets to the Welcome screen then goes to a blank black screen with a error, now won't Blue load screen windows mouse cursor The cursor can be Blue screen error, now windows won't load moved I powered down the computer pulled the battery and booted it back up This time Blue screen error, now windows won't load I got a black screen saying my disks had to be checked for inconsistencies I ran the scan and it found no errors Windows started to load then stopped at the blank black screen again I have my laptop set up with Ubuntu on a sperate partion and I have not any problems with it so I think the issue is related just to Windows not hardware My laptop is an Asus g g with an Intel Core duo processor ghz gigs of ram and an Nvidia graphic card Other then adding Ubuntu I have not done any upgrades to the system Windows was a installed at the factory not an upgrade and I haven't added any software in months or so I have searched around but I haven't come up with anything short of doing a fresh install of Windows Any help would be great thank you for your time

A:Blue screen error, now windows won't load

Quote: Originally Posted by cturcotte224

I am at a loss here. I was checking emails today and I got a blue screen of death on Windows 7. I, stupidly, didn't take a screen capture, however the error message had to do with winSys32.exe, and then the usually memory dump messages. I rebooted into safe mode and tried running Spybot, but it came up with an error, so I downloaded and ran Malwarebytes anti-malware. It found 5 problems and I deleted them. I then ran Avast and it found no infections. Figuring it was a malware problem, I rebooted. Now Windows won't load. It gets to the Welcome screen, then goes to a blank black screen, with a mouse cursor. The cursor can be moved. I powered down the computer, pulled the battery, and booted it back up. This time I got a black screen, saying my disks had to be checked for inconsistencies. I ran the scan and it found no errors. Windows started to load, then stopped at the blank black screen again. I have my laptop set up with Ubuntu 11.04 on a sperate partion and I have not any problems with it, so I think the issue is related just to Windows, not hardware. My laptop is an Asus g72g, with an Intel Core 2 duo processor @ 2.53ghz, 6 gigs of ram and an Nvidia graphic card. Other then adding Ubuntu I have not done any upgrades to the system. Windows 7 was a installed at the factory, not an upgrade, and I haven't added any software in 6 months or so. I have searched around, but I haven't come up with anything, short of doing a fresh install of Windows. Any help would be great, thank you for your time.

does sound like a driver (video?), if you have the win 7 dvd you can do a repair install. If not a factory reset?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/174567-blue-screen-error-now-windows-wont-load.html