Windows Support Forum

blue screen after hard reset

Q: blue screen after hard reset

hi everyone.

after a hard reset,i cannot boot windows.trademark appears,bar is moving an then,blue screen and PUFF! computer restarts!

i tried every choise such as safe mode etc but no result.i tried to fix it from Windows Recover Console but my laptop has sata hdd which are not recognisable in console..

i'm running out of ideas.....

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: blue screen after hard reset

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: blue screen after hard reset

I had this exact same problem with our family computer... however we used windows system recovery... if you still have the windows xp CD that would be the best option to reinstall... Does it go on a cycle? Startup, restart, startup, restart?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-after-hard-reset-171325.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I woke up this morning to find the blue screen, after I turned the computer off and on the desktop that showed up is the Windows logo as if the computer was first turned on. All of my desktop items are gone, most of my programs are missing entirely, chrome is reset (all tabs, extensions and even bookmarks are missing). Any idea what the hell happened? Any way to get it back the way it was?

A:Blue screen followed by a reset

My system restore points are all missing too :-/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blue-screen-followed-by-a-reset-960265.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Alright so I'll start from when I started noticing problems First of all the computer was shut down after a windows update After restarting everything started up fine but I was unable to connect to the internet Time + reset screen blue wireless worked properly as it would give me certification errors Restarted the Time reset + blue screen modem that wasn't it What I found is that my date was incorrect So I manually switched it to the correct little above in seconds time and date then ran Ccleaner and deleted everything internet related Working internet This event caused me to take extra precaution so as I was looking more though a topic on this site they mentioned to the fellow to run a scan with GMER I followed the link disabled internet antivirus program disabled said options in program and ran it After a good - minutes it blue screened First the time reset Then the blue screen while scanning Something seems suspicious If one of you could help me step-by-step find out the cause of this I will ever be grateful for your time and resources spent

A:Time reset + blue screen

That fault with the time and date being incorrect.  That was the BIOS date, a default when the CMOS battery that holds the BIOS info when the machine is shut off and keeps the clock running.  The battery can create all kinds of intermittent, non repeatable failures when it gets weak or dies completely.  usually a coin type cell mounted on the MOBO.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522135/time-reset-blue-screen/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi All I need your help again The past couple of months my computer periodically reboots itself When it first started happening I asked for your advice and was told to disable the Auto Restart feature I did and it quit happening as often However when it did happen instead of rebooting I would get a blue screen telling me it was beginning then completed a physical memory dump It wasn t happening but once in a great while so I would reset my Blue makes RESET me have Screen to computer and move on Well the past days it has begun happening all the time To the point that I would get so irritated that I would just turn the dang thing off Below is the message it said that a technician that s you would need in order to help me STOP x F x D x x x Beginning dump R Physical Memory Physical Memory dump Complete Please please help Any amp all suggestions advice help encouragement would be very much appreciated Heck I ll even take volunteers to get me another computer Thanks BabyG nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

when ever i boot my computer up (running on vista) within at least 5 mins the screen flashes blue (not fully blue, like lines of blue dots) and then resets. ive tried running virus scans but i dont get enough time to do them becuase it just resets.

any advise?

Many thanks

A:Blue screen then reset problem

I wonder if your video card is overheating. Is this a desktop or a laptop. If it's a desktop, open up the case and check to see if the fan is running on the video card. DO NOT stick anything inside the case while it's plugged in - this includes fingers! :0)

If it's not that, please provide us with the exact make and model of the system so we can research the components.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-then-reset-problem-386687.html
Relevancy 60.63%

So I just built a new computer. I put everything in perfectly and was very careful in the process. When I start of the computer I get the option to boot Windows normally or to do a system check. When I boot Windows normally it gets to the starting Windows screen then freezes. Soon after I get a quick flash of a blue screen, then the computer shuts off. When I do the system check it gets all the way up to a menu in which it gives me the option to do a factory reset. When I do the factory reset it says that something went wrong and it couldn't. I'm kinda trapped here, can you guys help me out? Btw I am using the hard drive from my old Hp pavilion on Windows 7.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623134/getting-blue-screen-at-start-up-and-cannot-do-a-factory-reset/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guys i really need some help, Blue screen keeps coming up and programs keep shutting down, any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Blue Screen error after factory reset

I had to write and attach that thread 5 different times because firefox kept closing, any help would be appreciated guys, thanks.
My system info is just under my name on the left, and my OS was pre-installed when i bought the computer late 08".

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/285661-blue-screen-error-after-factory-reset.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Processor reset Some blue screen??? of Solved: system after Kind Processor Count RAM Graphics Card Hard Drives Motherboard Antivirus None Weird it s not showing any of my stuff System under Control Panel doesn t show anything either o What happened is I woke up this morning to Solved: Some Kind of system reset after blue screen??? find my computer at a blue screen saying System Kernel Inpage Error Said if it s the first time you ve gotten that error just to restart So I did I ve had another kind of blue screen error before but not this one As soon as it starts up it starts doing System Repair without any prompting And then once it got to the user login screen it had I don t know Reset or something The username and password had been reset to that of the man who used to own my computer before me Had to call him to get the old password Once I m logged in it s as if I ve just gotten this computer All my programs are here but there are no saved settings such as in Firefox and although my C drive is still listed as being nearly full my entire Documents folder and Downloads folders and Music folder etc are displaying empty What on earth happened here How do I restore it to the way it was and gain access to all the information I still have on this computer nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Upgraded to Windows 10 one week ago. No issues prior, none immediately after. Dreaded blue screen fired twice (again after reboot). Cleaned inside, no more blue screen but can only get windows password reset to load. I have completed steps and reset pass, but I again only boot to password reset. Groundhogs day. Can't get around, anyone help???

Dell studio XPS 8200 - prior system Win 7.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/win-10-upgrade-blue-screen-stuck-on-pass-reset-1036289.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I keep hitting a blue screen and having an automatic reset occur after the win 7 loading screen. I managed to disable the auto-reset so I could read the error message.

It says:

A problem has been dtected and Windows has been shut down to prvent damage to your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A97E8, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000 ).

I have already tried running chkdsk /f in command prompt and system restore (it couldn't find any places to restore from).

Please help, this is really important. Thank you!

A:blue screen reset loop - help needed urgently!

Tap F8 while it's booting and see if you can enter Safe mode with networking.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blue-screen-reset-loop-help-needed-urgently-942153.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok first was running a old machine with windows mobo died sata controller packed it in got a new machine only thing transfered over from old machine was HD's tb primary gb machine is ga lmt usb fx processor gb x ram NVidia ga ti gc since the switch over the new machine will restart itself or crash programs with no warning tried upgrading to same results checking event viewer will or no warning blue crash screen Programs reset mostly say usb driver crash but also getting memory errors and hd Programs crash or blue screen reset no warning errors never at the same time blue screens will mention memory management and system thread problems When I Programs crash or blue screen reset no warning do the msdiag it finds nothing wrong with the memory sticks when I do defrag it finds nothing wrong with the hd's crashes will mostly happen when running a graphic intensive program tried running one stick of ram at a time running on board graphics running hd still same results I am baffled by this problem any help would be appreciated

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436873-programs-crash-blue-screen-reset-no-warning.html
Relevancy 58.91%

New HP envy x360 Model No. 15-x107ne has a problem of black screen.  As I understand this problem can be solve by hard  reset. So can anybody tell me the button combinatin to be pressed to get the screen back

A:hard reset for black screen

Hard reset instructions: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768 Not guaranteed to work for you but worth a shot.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hard-reset-for-black-screen/td-p/5577888
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi guys So I downloaded something that not factory driver after Blue fixed Screen Error iaStor.sys 0x7e reset I believe had a virus in it and it caused me to begin getting the Blue screen of death with the above error code and driver file So I factory reset but I don t think it wiped all the files because I am still getting the screen I uninstalled the driver associated with the file Intel Mobile Express Chip set SATA RAID Controller and that didn t fix it I ve also tried to run the diagnostic in the BIOS menu and that hasn t fixed it and it often blue screens while Blue Screen Error 0x7e driver iaStor.sys not fixed after factory reset its running I want to factory reset it for real which I suspect it didn t do because I was running it through dell datasafe I was running the reset that way because due to another since fixed issue I factory reset my computer about a month ago Since then it hasn t made any restore points not sure how that happened and it was telling me there was nothing to restore from I m on a dell xsp ultrabook running bit windows so I don t have a disk drive and I don t have an external one either I do have a pretty large external hard drive so if I needed to run something off of that I could The blue screen is happening more and more frequenrly and I m worried it will stop working all together soon If anyone can help me it d be much appreciated Thanks PS I will upload my minidump info shortly nbsp

A:Blue Screen Error 0x7e driver iaStor.sys not fixed after factory reset

Here's the blue screen info. Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-error-0x7e-driver-iastor-sys-not-fixed-after-factory-reset.209306/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Toshiba Portege Z -P that crashed yesterday on a flight when it ran out every reset being drive 4-5 and accessed seconds screen Hard of power Since then when it starts every - seconds the desktop will disappear and reappear The hard drive is being accessed every seconds or so If I want to do anything e g access system recovery run chkdsk I have that period or - seconds to either enter the command or click the icons in which to do so else the screen goes blank and then the desktop reappears Once I get into the chkdsk or system restore screens I can continue to work although the screen is Hard drive being accessed and screen reset every 4-5 seconds disappearing and reappearing in the background When I ran system restore after repeated attempts it fails saying that it failed Hard drive being accessed and screen reset every 4-5 seconds to extract Hard drive being accessed and screen reset every 4-5 seconds the file c Program Files x intel opencl sdk bin x odcpubackend dll from the restore point There may be bad sectors on the disk Run chkdsk r Scan disk says there are no errors with the SSD I also periodically get a message when booting up that there was a failure to connect to the group policy client service Any help would be appreciated

A:Hard drive being accessed and screen reset every 4-5 seconds

You do not want to run chkdsk /r on a SSD.  You should use the /f switch...  chkdsk /f

If you have enough time to set up the chkdsk you should have enough time to run sfc /scannow.

Please run sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

To open the Command Prompt press the Windows key and the X key at the same time.   A menu will open with the option Command Prompt (Admin), click/tap on this.

You will see a window similar to the one below.

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste in sfc /scannow, then press Enter.

This will take a while,  have patience and allow it finish.  Stopping this scan could damage files.  

When the scan is finished please post the log of this scan.

To find sfc /scannow log, reopen the Elevated Command Prompt using the Windows key and the X key method outlined in the instructions above. 

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste the following in the Command Prompt, then press Enter.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611753/hard-drive-being-accessed-and-screen-reset-every-4-5-seconds/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello hard sound, + blank screen Random no reset community My first setup Motherboard AsRock M A GXH M AMD GX CPU AMD Phenom II x AM Black Edition Random blank screen + no sound, hard reset BOX GPU BFG GeForce GTX OC MAXCORE RAM GB x GoodRam GB DDR MHz CL HDD RAID HDD overall FULL HD Monitors WLAN USB TP-LINK TL-WN N PSU OCZ OCZ ModXStream Pro W Case Cooler Master Centurion ----------------------- Basically I do some D stuff Random blank screen + no sound, hard reset on my PC and play Fifa series and League of Random blank screen + no sound, hard reset Legends Never had problems with my setup till few months ago While I was playing League of Legends or Fifa I started to have random blank screens no input detected and also I lost sound in that moment PC was still running and the only thing I could do was to press power for seconds to shut it down It could have happened after games or games I also were losing internet connection while playing and only while playing other devices at home had internet all the time I have always had good temps on everything but since I don t care about details in game I pulled out my GPU this Mobo got integrated AMD Radeon HD No matter which input I used on this Radeon HD HDMI VGA or DVI VGA I still had random disconnects from home network and I know that this usb wlan is good checked it on other PCs at home it looked like it was overheating or something but I never had any extraordinary temps on HWMonitor I decided to change my motherboard to ASUS M A -M EVO I put my GPU back again and problems were still occuring blank screen no sound hard reset At that time I was sure that my GPU is broken I started to play games on integrated Radeon HD and boom blank screen no sound again I had random USB problems as well my Tablet WLAN or mouse dc once in a while USB doesn t work I have ASMedia drivers from asus website I have all the latest drivers never OCed Now I have blank screen no sound situations even when not playing but when I leave PRIME for hrs testing errors warnings I don t want to buy new GPU cause I am not sure if it s broken for real and I probably have good Mobos Is it the PSU What should I do Looking for help and sorry english is not my native language nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-blank-screen-no-sound-hard-reset.1079220/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello, I was hoping maybe somebody could help me with this laptop. The issue I'm having is most of the time when I walk away from it and leave it on, upon returning the screen is just black, the computer is running but there is no response on the keyboard or mouse, which requires a hard shutdown and a restart. It then says it was not shut down properly, I start it up, and it runs fine until the next time I walk away and it does this freeze thing. I also want to note that it does not always do this, sometimes it sleeps like it should, but the problem is increasing in frequency.

A:Laptop screen goes black, requiring hard reset

No I have had this before its the drivers, the video card is going out, anything? Nobody on this forum has seen a laptop that would keep running but freeze on a black screen after going idle?

Take a guess!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262272-laptop-screen-goes-black-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have recently purchased an old off-lease HP Compaq dc7700p to use as a backup desktop. I loaded Windows 7 64 onto it and everything seems to be functioning normally aside from a peculiar problem. Every time the PC restarts, it will hang on a blank black screen after POST. I have to hold down the power button for a hard reset, after which it will boot normally. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions about what might be causing this issue and if there might be something I can do to remedy it. Thanks.

A:Hang on blank screen after reboots, hard reset necessary

Some IdeasLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432007/hang-on-blank-screen-after-reboots-hard-reset-necessary/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello So my Toshiba Satellite L D-S running Windows Ultimate -bit has been having random crashes that require a hard reset and I cannot figure out why And as hard requiring screen black crashes reset Random to of today the crashes have progressed to just appearing as though there was no battery and I pulled the plug on the laptop It happens completely out of the blue and I can be doing anything from browsing YouTube to gaming or Random crashes to black screen requiring hard reset just leave the laptop idle and it will still crash While gaming the CPU rarely reaches C before I crash and I have tried two different batteries and power supplies original ones the came with the laptop and ones I purchased from the company as extras a few months after receiving the laptop with no difference I have also tested four separate RAM sticks two gb and two gb and the same crashing still occurs Any insight as to why my laptop keeps crashing Thank you Joshdog My Specs Windows Ultimate -bit SP AMD K nm Technology GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - TOSHIBA NALAE Socket M S G Generic Random crashes to black screen requiring hard reset PnP Monitor x Hz MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Toshiba GB TOSHIBA MQ ABD SATA Disk Device SATA C HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT N SATA CdRom Device Realtek High Definition Audio

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-crashes-to-black-screen-requiring-hard-reset-1011418.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey guys wasn't really sure what category to post this thread in So this has been going on for quite some time now when I am streaming videos browsing the internet or playing really low intensity games like minecraft or indie games my computer will crash to a random coloured screen I assume taking the colour from some element of whatever on screen and will project a horrible sound from Crashing to coloured hard reset requiring random screen the speakers I assume a very short loop of the last Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset sounds of what was playing and I am forced to hard reset the computer sometimes it wont happen for a couple of days and then other times it will happen times a day it totally varies with no apparent cause It has a brand new hard drive ram and PSU and the graphics card is fairly recent the mother board and CPU are a couple years old but I can't see this being a hardware issue down to the fact that there seems to be no apparent cause for this issue if the hardware was strictly faulty then im sure it would die in high intensity tasks but it has almost never crashed when playing something like battlefield or the new DOOM game at max settings so that doesn't seem to be the case I also can't see it being an over heating issue as the computer runs quite cool All of my drivers are up to date and this has happend across multiple versions of graphics driver updates Im honestly out of answers I have read countless forums of people suffering with the exact same problem to no ressolve and have tried a rediculous amount of things just about everything you could possibly do yet still found nothing I thought id try to make a post to see if anyone could help me before I give up and take it to the computer store All help is much appreciated Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/67239-crashing-random-colored-screen-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have had other problems with it too ...it keeps trying to call people on what's app , also freezing completely until I switch it off and on again

A:There is an exclamation mark on my screen and a soft/hard reset won't work

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I have had other problems with it too ...it keeps trying to call people on what's app , also freezing completely until I switch it off and on again Hard reset key sequence:
Unplug your phone
Hold vol up then plug charger. Keep holding till a ! mark appears
Leave button then press one key once: vol up, vol down, power, vol down
Gears should appear, keep phone plugged and under wifi coverage.
If still not working, last resource is a pc with WDRT and a usb cable for recovery

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437146-there-exclamation-mark-my-screen-soft-hard-reset-wont-work.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey guys wasn't really sure what category to post this thread in So this has been going on for quite some time now when I am streaming videos browsing the internet or playing really low intensity reset requiring coloured screen hard Crashing random to games like minecraft or indie games my computer will crash to a random coloured screen I assume taking the colour from some element of whatever on screen and will project a horrible sound from the speakers I Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset assume a very short loop of the last sounds of what was playing and I am forced to hard reset the computer sometimes it wont happen for a couple of days and then other times it will happen times a day it totally varies with no Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset apparent cause It has a brand new Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset hard drive ram and PSU and the graphics card is fairly recent the mother board and CPU are a couple years old but I can't see this being a hardware issue down to the fact that there seems to be no apparent cause for this issue if the hardware was strictly faulty then im sure it would die in high intensity tasks but it has almost never crashed when playing something like battlefield or the new DOOM game at max settings so that doesn't seem to be the case I also can't see it being an over heating issue as the computer runs quite cool All of my drivers are up to date and this has happend across multiple versions of graphics driver updates Im honestly out of answers I have read countless forums of people suffering with the exact same problem to no ressolve and have tried a rediculous amount of things just about everything you could possibly do yet still found nothing I thought id try to make a post to see if anyone could help me before I give up and take it to the computer store All help is much appreciated Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67239-crashing-random-coloured-screen-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Windows Professional x Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA playing reset Black Diablo required. while 3, screen Hard BSOD. no W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I K SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD SJ TB RPM MB Cache SATA Black screen while playing Diablo 3, no BSOD. Hard reset required. Gb s Black screen while playing Diablo 3, no BSOD. Hard reset required. quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive GIGABYTE GA-Z X-UD -B LGA Intel Z SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG- W ATX V v EPS V v SLI Certified CrossFire Certified PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply XFX HD- A-ZNFC Radeon HD GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity Crucial M CT M SSD quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD G SKILL Sniper GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBSR Computer is about months old Game worked fine for the beta and even for a week or two after launch Randomly not on a patch day the game started crashing Now it crashes after or minutes in the game almost every time I've followed all the regular troubleshooting steps see Battle net thread here At first I didn't see any error logs but the Action Center came up today with a bunch of errors looking like this I included the recommended error files the dump files from the error in the above screenshot and the perfmon report It's worth mentioning that I tried it also in my Windows installation only to encounter the same problem I'm hoping someone with more experience dissecting these logs can help me out Please let me know if you require any additional information

A:Black screen while playing Diablo 3, no BSOD. Hard reset required.

VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED (117)
The display driver failed to respond in timely fashion.

atikmpag.sys - AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver from Advanced Micro Devices
Timestamp: Tue May 22 20:08:40 2012

It appears a recently installed AMD driver is causing a fault with the DX driver; However, a TDR can be caused by your video card overheating. Use a temperature monitoring utility such as HWinfo64 to check the system temperatures. If you are overclocking the card, STOP overclocking until the problem is located.

Forgot to mention: Report back on your system temps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/234345-black-screen-while-playing-diablo-3-no-bsod-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Before I post the information here is the jyst of things Whenever I play -certain- games my computer display will suddenly go black and my monitor will flash with quot HDMI No Signal quot Information Sudden and dump Screen - Needs inside Black Reset Hard The system is completely unresponsive to any keystrokes If I repeatedly press ctrl alt delete or alt tab repeatedly a loud buzzing noise will begin sound off through my headset Some of the games I Sudden Black Screen Needs Hard Reset - Information and dump inside experience this issue in are Evil Genius Guild Wars Age of Mythology Medieval Total War Yet Sudden Black Screen Needs Hard Reset - Information and dump inside games such as Crysis Empire Total War Metro etc I can run on max settings and never experience this issue I do not experience blue screens but windows occasionally thinks it does This is what I received moments ago Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP BCP BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Windows Temp WER- - sysdata xml Can anyone help me pinpoint what may be causing this issue I'll attach everything grabbed by the SF Diagnostic Tool as well Thank you for your time

A:Sudden Black Screen Needs Hard Reset - Information and dump inside

Hello Jagblade.
It is caused by Razer Lycosa/Razer Tarantula Keyboard Driver. Older versions have BSOD issues with Win7.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Lycosa.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Lycosa.sys
Probably caused by : Lycosa.sys ( Lycosa+1c23 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
And the driver is old enough.

Code:
5: kd> lmvm Lycosa
start end module name
fffff880`0a61d000 fffff880`0a624100 Lycosa T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: Lycosa.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\Lycosa.sys
Image name: Lycosa.sys
Timestamp: Wed Sep 08 08:31:26 2010 (4C86FC86)
CheckSum: 0001462D
ImageSize: 00007100
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update it from www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view

Also do some general USB maintenance. For the port, first, uninstall and reinstall the USB ports drivers.
Right click on Computer icon > manage. It will open the computer management window.
Click on "Device Manager" in the left pane, it will list all installed devices up.
Expand "USB Serial Bus Controllers" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Click on one item to select, then right click and uninstall.
Do the same for all.
Restart the computer.
At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate drivers.
And, Disable USB Selective Suspense too.
USB Selective Suspend - Turn On or Off

For the devices, first, detach all the USB devices other than the keyboard and mouse.
Then, Update the drivers for them all, including the keyboard and mouse, if any third party drivers are installed for them.

Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Free up the startup.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept the restart.
Uninstall AVG using AVG Remover. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download and install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/274471-sudden-black-screen-needs-hard-reset-information-dump-inside.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,
at random times the lock-screen freezes and a hard reset is needed. Keyboard light still toggle yet the SysReq + REISUB key combination does not do anything. Where is some syslog for checking why the kernel dumped and find potential solutions? This is windows 8.1, is this a known bug?

A:The lock screen sees random freezes and a hard reset is required.

Do you still need assistance with this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/322392-lock-screen-sees-random-freezes-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700(I5 Core) and i am trying to factory reset to the default settings again because of the stupid problems i am having on the tablet.
Here is the problem i am trying to get into the BIOS which is the 1 step on the Acer website but for some bizarre reason when it is completely off i press the Windows button and the power button to get in to the BIOS as it says on the Acer Website but it keeps going to the start menu/desktop now instead of going to the BIOS. :/
I have factory reset/hard reset on my Acer Iconia W700 a couple times and i never had this problem before, i gone in to the BIOS no problem!!!
Can someone help me please?? Thanks!!!

A:Windows 8 tablet factory reset/hard reset problem!!! HELP!!

Is it still under warranty? You should try contacting Acer.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/397817-windows-8-tablet-factory-reset-hard-reset-problem-help.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi - you guys helped me with a random folder opening on start up a couple months ago Since then everything has run well on my laptop - but yesterday it started acting really slow and and Hard Screen Boot then Blue to when I open it from sleep I ve had to restart by hitting the power button as it won t quot wake up quot Then today - it was very slow to boot up and once booted I m getting the quot Blue Screen of Death quot I managed to get it up long enough just now to run the Hijack this on it which I ll paste below As well - here s the specs I ll see if I can get it running long enough to get the mini-dump file as well and will post if I do Can you please help Thanks a bunch Dell Laptop System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Dell Latitude E Intel R Core TM Duo CPU Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c drivers audio r stacsv exe C Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostControlService exe C Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostStorageService exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel ASF Agent ASFAgent exe C Program Files Hard to Boot and then Blue Screen Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Windows Server Bin SharedServiceHost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect CommandService exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Reel Logix The Calendar Planner pcrem exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Trusted Drive Manager TdmService exe C Program Files Windows Server Bin WSConnectorUpdate exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Server Bin SharedServiceHost exe C Program Files Amazon Amazon Unbox Video ADVWindowsClientService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint DCPButtonSvc exe C Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint System Manager DCPSysMgrSvc exe C Program Files Intel Intel Hard to Boot and then Blue Screen Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files Windows Server Bin LANConfigSvc exe C Program Files Windows Server Bin SharedServiceHost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer update Hard to Boot and then Blue Screen realsched exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files SRS Labs SRS Premium Sound SRSPremiumSoundBig Small exe C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Documents and Settings Lisa McElhaney Application Data Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HK... Read more

Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Dell Inspiron 2200. After boot-up it goes straight to blue screen with:

STOP: 0X0000007B (0XF89A8528, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

I want to clean the hard drive and start over. I have tried to start-up in safe mode, but it comes back to this blue screen and message.

Any other options?

-Chad

A:Trying to format hard drive...can't get away from blue screen

Hey Chad,

Here is a reference on the Microsoft site to this specific problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103

You can take this approach to try to fix the problem yourself. If you want to reformat your drive you will need to use either a Windows disk, or some other third party program to do it.

I don't know of any other way, someone correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trying-to-format-hard-drive-cant-get-away-from-blue-screen-448247.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I am running a AMD 64, 1 GIG memory, Asus motherboard, real nice computer.

Everything has been working fine until last night. I received the BLUE SCREEN and now when I try to re-boot I get a message which reads

NO HARD DISK DRIVE DETECTED.....

HELP????

I dont want to lose all the family photos and such that I have loaded up on this machine.

ANY suggestions?

A:No Hard Disk Detected- Following a Blue Screen

Take the lid off the pc Ron and make sure all connections are secure, ie; power supply to hard drive, IDE connectors etc.
Make sure the pc is switched off, I'm not trying to be funny but it has happened.
Get back with what occurs.

Wolfey

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-hard-disk-detected-following-a-blue-screen.380909/
Relevancy 52.46%

Walked away from my computer and when I returned my hard drive was clicking and I had the blue screen of death. Windows xp no longer loads. I now have a black screen and it says ....

Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device

Not sure what I need to do, any advice?

Relevancy 52.46%

I installed a used hard drive i bought on ebay that had a xp pro on it. My old hd had the same. After installing the hard drive and turning on compter I got the blue screen with error codes that I checked online, were for driver issues. I tried to boot in safe mode but got blue screen again. I have the needed drivers that I had put on cd a while back. Is there any way to get past the blue screen so I can install the needed drivers for my pc ?
I have a Dell Optiplex 745. Running xp Pro

Relevancy 52.46%

Back in July my GB hard drive crashed and had Drive Screen Hard Blue Issues? - to be replaced on my year Blue Screen - Hard Drive Issues? old Gateway x Ghz P Gb RAM I had installed an older PATA GB HD that I had from a previous PC and installed the operating system Windows XP Media Edition on this drive using the reinstall disk that came with the PC I purchased a new GB SATA hard drive where I ve partitioned it into sections one section for files and one section for programs The computer crashes Blue Screen at least a couple of times a day and needs to be turned off and back on again At least once every few days after it had crashed and I turn it off and then on again I get a blank screen and then the words Error Loading OS The only way the system will reboot at this point is if I turn it back off unplug the new GB SATA drive and reboot the machine This works but then I don t have access to this drive and all its files I then have to shut down the machine again plug in the SATA drive again turn it back on and it works again This is driving me nuts I ve run all my updated Virus Spyware programs I m ready to reinstall the operating system but wanted to post here in the hopes that this painful process can be avoided I ll update my post with the EXACT wording of the Blue Screen next time it comes up and track the time it crashes and pull the info from the EVENT VIEWER and post that as well In the meantime any suggestions would be greatly appreciated THANK YOU mg

A:Blue Screen - Hard Drive Issues?

You might try doing a system restore.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114967/blue-screen-hard-drive-issues/
Relevancy 52.46%

I will make this as brief as possible I got this Dell laptop almost years ago Vista and soon after it started restarting by itself or started getting occasional Blue Screen Memory Corruption The Blue Screens became a lot more frequent a day and my vista wasn t working properly Last week I finally took the laptop in to a repair shop and they found the problem They said the hard drive was failing so they replaced it with a new one on top of that I bought Windows bit and I love it They told me they also got all the necessary drivers and such Since I ve installed a bunch of apps and did some updates days ago I was starting my comp back up from sleep and I got a Blue Screen This time the error was Win something I couldn t catch it fast enough and I don t know where to look up this error dump file so I Blue Win32... new drive hard Screen couldn Blue Screen Win32... new hard drive t post the error Right after that I started the comp and went online to look for the issue and I got another Blue Screen also with Win error and some other numbers Last night I left my comp on for it to finish importing some iTunes files and when I woke up I started it back up from sleep and I had a Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown message When I clicked on the search for an online solution thing nothing happened In conclusion I believe this is a different issue that the Memory corrupt Blue Screen Win32... new hard drive like before Could somebody please help me figure our what s wrong because I can t afford taking it to the shop Thank you for your time nbsp Blue Screen Win32... new hard drive

Relevancy 52.46%

I have two different usb external hard drives, a seagate free agent 500gb and a 350gb Western Digital. I can access these drives when attached to a front end usb port, however, everytime I attempt a backup using either nenw software compatible with windows 7 or the windows 4 backup utility itself, I get the blue screen of death. I have been on the phone with Microsoft for over 4 hours today, and they have not yet been able to reslove this issue. Can anyone make suggestions on how to over come this problem. Thanks.

A:External Hard Drive Blue Screen

Yes. Post the minidumps.

C:\Windows\Minidump

Winrar the latest few .dmp and attach to a post, please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/33905-external-hard-drive-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I get a blue screen when I turn my computer on It does not apear the instant the computer turns on but after a few minutes of being turned on I turn it off and turn it back on and it does not happen again Could it be drive. hard 1 loss Blue Ram, Screen: New because of cold memory I turn my computer off overnight and it is in the morning that I turn my computer on I have been reading online about blue screen problems and many suggest that it could be memory Well i have replaced my ram times and still no solution I have lost hard drive due too all the force shutting down I bought a new hardrive that is brand name hoping that it would help but did not solve the issue I took Blue Screen: New Ram, loss 1 hard drive. my computer to a geek squad and they said it was sofware problems I called microsoft many times and they said it was Blue Screen: New Ram, loss 1 hard drive. hardware problems After my computer restarted this is the log the microsoft reported ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFEA D D D BCP BCP FFFFF CDF DA BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Operator AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A:Blue Screen: New Ram, loss 1 hard drive.

Please copy and paste the contents of the BlueScreenView log into your next reply (direct posts of logs are preferred over attachments).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369245/blue-screen-new-ram-loss-1-hard-drive/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a acer aspire G i geforce m ram gbx It has no problem on winXP for one year of use Then I upgrade the OS to win and I start to see error such as wifi can not connect and then system freeze I have to hard restart but not yet blue screens So I did a clean format and installed clean win and I upgrade the ram to gbx gbx From that point I have seen more than blue screen crushes memory corruption ntfs sys win sys csrss exe Seems like the blue screen start to occur after the sp update of win After months I thought maybe gb and gb is not good for dual channel and may cause blue screen So I left one gb ram in there however I still got blue screen crush memory corruption in months Then I upgrade the ram to gbx However I got other blue screen crush usb host in this month During this Blue screen fighting period I checked ram with mem v all ram setup can pass tests no error I checked HDD with dos version seatools no errors I contacted MS support they tell me to upgrade drivers and then after there was still problems they tell me to downgrade drivers especially geforce drivers Till today this Blue screen is not yet fixed I kept most of the dump files I am wondering should I send this notebook back to acer to check I still have a years warranty from the years extend warranty I paid What I am worried about is that the blue screen occurs once or twice a months Acer may just send it Blue Screen=Hard ware problems? back to me and say there Blue Screen=Hard ware problems? was no problem Please advise me should I consider send it back to acer which I need to do a level hard drive format and if they change the main board I will lose my expensive Blue Screen=Hard ware problems? win since it is activated with cpu and main board serial

A:Blue Screen=Hard ware problems?

Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with your crash reports. We will analyze the reports and advise you whether it is likely a hardware problem or a software problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240004-blue-screen-hard-ware-problems.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I upgraded a computer for someone by installing a new motherboard, RAM, video card, and CPU.
Asus P8P67 Deluxe
16GB Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB)
Nvdia Quadro 600 (PNY)
i5-2500k 3.3GHz, 6MB cache

The hard drive is the same from the old rig.
When I boot, I can get to BIOS fine, but when I go to boot Windows (XP), I get a STOP error blue screen saying it might be problems with my hard drive or drivers.

This is under Technical information:

***STOP: 0X0000007B (0XBA4C3524, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

I've talked to my father who is very knowledgable and has described a similar problem in the past. Despite his ability, he says he has to take it to a technician to fix it.

Anyone have any help or suggestions?

A:New motherboard, old hard drive, same ol' blue screen

Did you format the old drive and re-install Windows fresh?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-old-hard-drive-same-ol-blue-screen.174960/
Relevancy 52.46%

I recently received the blue screen error UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME The complete sequence is STOP x ED x drive failure...blue screen help Please ...hard AB c xc x x I have tried the safe mode start options the reboot of the Windows XP media center edition from the CD yes I change the boot sequence option regardless of what I tried or read I still get back to the blue screen and the above which leads me to believe my hard drive is failing I ve read essentially every post and will try about anything I even downloaded a copy of file recovery and put Please help ...hard drive failure...blue screen it in the CD drive nothing will boot nor will the hard drive boot the XP OS Idid read the quot putting the hard drive in the freezer quot option but really can t imagine that is anything but frivolous see I m getting desperate I ve spent the better part of days now trying and retrying every suggestion available I am now to the point where I want to try to recover any files if there are no remaining options to get the hard drive working or the OS to boot Can someone help THANKS Tom PS When running the diagnostics Read test on the SATA drive i get the following error message F Message Block Uncorrectable data error or media is write protected Not sure if that helps but also last night some of the tests on the hard drive failed nbsp

A:Please help ...hard drive failure...blue screen

Not good news - your Hard Drive failed the test, needs replacing.
You may be able to save any needed files- data etc.

You plug the damaged drive using a USB cable, into a working Pc.
Using something similar to the one shown here.
IDE/SATA to USB 2.0 Cable Adapter
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=2020

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-hard-drive-failure-blue-screen.1041244/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm asking this question for my girlfriends computer She has XP on a Dell dimension Upon booting today it came with a blue screen which read quot quot STOP C unknown hard error quot this happens with every reboot now and we can't go further I tried unknown Blue Hard Screen Error booting into safe mode but when you enter the boot device menu it does not give you the choice to boot into safe I also tried booting the xp cd because I read that the problem might be fixed through Recovery It seems that the cd drive as well as the hard drive are not recognized So back to the boot unknown Hard Error Blue Screen device menu I was able to do an IDE Drive Diagnostics the results were that there is no device for the primary or secondary SATA On the primary IDE it said Drive --Fail Return Code Drive no device For the secondary IDE it said diagnostics not supported unknown Hard Error Blue Screen for either drive or drive Is this an IDE problem of some kind Thank you for your help John

A:unknown Hard Error Blue Screen

Your HDD should be the SATA drive in Drive 0. (SATA drives do not use Primary and Secondary, they use Drive 0, Drive 1etc). For IDE it would be listed as Primary Master and Slave and Secondary Master and Slave. Anyways, the HDD has failed, and if it is an IDE drive and the CD/DVD drive is attached to the same cable as the HDD as a Slave then it probably can't be read because the HDD has failed. You can open the case and reconfirm that all cables are attached to the drive and to the motherboard. If it still fails, remove the drive, find out what kind it is, SATA, or IDE, and then replace it and boot off our Dell Restore CD and reinstall Windows. http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...m/M2972A02.pdf

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-hard-error-blue-screen-541892.html
Relevancy 52.46%

everytime i try to use a search engine my browser is redirected to a unrelated site, and it has happened on all other search engines. Another is the abusive random blue screen crash showing the following error "hard error c0000bf0" somtimes the code changes to each crash. I tryed to run scans but it keeps getting infected by malware. Someone please tell me what to do to kill it.

A:i need help blue screen hard error c0000bf0

I am actually having the same issue here in our office on a PC. Seems to be a virus or malware of some kind.... didn't have Antivirus software installed...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/362592/i-need-help-blue-screen-hard-error-c0000bf0/
Relevancy 52.46%

hi,i wanted to know if hard reset and factory reset are the same things?my laptop won't turn on and i found out that i can hard reset that, but i do not want any of my data on hard disk to be erased. is it possible?(i've shut it down before so there is no data on RAM)thanks in advance.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:are hard reset and factory reset the same thing?

Hi, No, factory reset will bring your machine back to facory status (the time opening the box) byt hard reset won't. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/are-hard-reset-and-factory-reset-the-same-thing/td-p/5676772
Relevancy 52.03%

Solved See post Hard drive Western Digital WD AAKS GB Motherboard Abit Kv -pro old but works fine blue New to causes hard the screen. computer drive install Sata chipset Via VT New hard drive install causes the computer to blue screen. on board sata raid controller Power Supply Antec New hard drive install causes the computer to blue screen. True Power Trio w new Operating systems Windows XP amp Vista dual booting My brand new hard drive is giving me a headache New hard drive install causes the computer to blue screen. Not only does it cause my computer to bluescreen auto-restart in XP but when I boot into vista I cannot see any of my sata drives Vista is installed on an IDE drive Somehow there s a conflict with the new drive The biggest problem is that the drive isn t being detected at all I ve tried the included Western Digital Life Tools but it doesn t show up there either tried both sata channels There are no jumpers to mess with so that can t be it I ve updated the bios on my motherboard Tried different sata drivers etc I really hope this drive isn t dead Or maybe it s just something I ve overlooked I don t have another computer to test the drive on but my current computer works perfectly fine besides the lack of free space Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all I m trying to help my friend with his Dell Dimension e About minutes after the startup Windows XP it goes into BSOD Solved: Screen with new Blue Death drive of even hard x B message His hard drive is hopelessly lost Solved: Blue Screen of Death even with new hard drive to the world after about years of never updating windows not running any antivirus no firewall - you can imagine So he got a new hard drive and decided to start from scratch Here s where it gets weird When I completely disconnect the old hard drive and put the new empty just bought hard drive in and boot from Windows XP CD the same BSOD happens about five minutes after start of Windows Setup process My first thought was that it s a hardware issue - BUT when I reconnected the old hard drive and disconnected the new one I can Solved: Blue Screen of Death even with new hard drive load Windows XP in safe Solved: Blue Screen of Death even with new hard drive mode and it runs ok for hours without ever encountering the BSOD I m going to his house tonight and going to try to flash the bios which will be tricky because he has no floppy drive but am I missing something Anybody has any clues Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone,
Hope my English will be enough.

The computer is fast and run perfectly well but...
I got a blue screen with spyhunter.
I have a fresh windows 7 Ultimate x64 installed, all drivers are up to date.

With 3 hard drives on board, spyhunter is ok I can install it and run it without problem.
Above 3 hard drives I got a blue screen.
I really don't know what to do.
Hope you can help I wasn't able to find something on google.

I uploaded the dmp files.
Thank you.

A:Blue screen with spyhunter and more of 3 hard drives on board.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/374335-blue-screen-spyhunter-more-3-hard-drives-board.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I just built my moms fiance a pc Ran it for days as my own to make sure nothing major was wrong and it was screen? causing blue problems drive Hard great Delivered pc and data transferred between their old one and the new one Only transferred documents no settings etc Started getting a blue screen windows restarts on restart I get quot Reboot and select proper boot quot Looking in bios the hard drive Hard drive problems causing blue screen? is no longer showing up when it restarts from blue screen Upon formatting and reinstalling windows everythings fine Can restart mulitple times run programs let it sit for about hours with no problem When I install anything that requires restart to finish it starts up with the blue screen again No extra partitions just the system partition Tried different software nero kaspersky money plus Happens with all of them ANY help would be appreciated I m just too frustrated to think straight at this point Hard drive problems causing blue screen? System Specs ASUS M A Pro AM AM AMD G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard OCZ GameXStream OCZ GXSSLI W ATX V Power Supply AMD Phenom BLACK EDITION GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core Seagate ST AS GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive Microsoft Windows XP Home With SP B ASUS X DVD R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA x mushkin GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

First off I will get the specs out of the way.

Asus Rampage 3 Formula
Intel i7 950
Sapphire ATI HD 6950
12GB RAM
1000W PSU
1.5TB Seagate Barracuda
1TB WD Caviar 64MB Cache
128GB SSD OCZ Vertex
Windows 7 Professional 64bit

I just put it together and I installed win7 but the hard drives seem slow, especially the seagate and the caviar.
Now for the symptoms:

1)Several times while installing drivers for the mobo I get error messages telling me my computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing those drivers.

2)While trying to copy large files sometimes the hard drive just stops and the whole drive goes missing off My Computer until I restart.

3)Randomly, I get the blue screen of death telling me some critical thread of the operating systems had to exit.

Many thanks in advance!

A:Slow Hard Drives and the Blue screen of death

From the top of my head atm, but I am not sure about it, could it be that the HDD does not get the proper voltage or something? If thats the case, it might be possible to correct it in bios.
Sorry in advance if its totally not the case, I am kinda new here, and I haven't slept all night

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-hard-drives-and-the-blue-screen-of-death.980862/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I just started using VAIO windows 8 for 2 days, and have been using Sony external hard drive HD-E1 for a year+ now.
Right after I keyed in my password for the 'Password protection manager' on my hard drive and press enter, my laptop went blue screen telling me to find out more about 'MEMORY_MANAGEMENT'
I have the same issue on any other windows 8 laptop, but it still works perfectly fine on my old windows 7.
I've tried going to the password protection manager file --> properties --> compatibility --> 'run this program in compatibility mode for windows 7', and i cannot find windows 8.
So i'm guessing this external hard drive is not compatible for windows 8? Is there any way i can make it usable for my windows 8?

Really appreciate any help!

A:External hard drive causes blue screen [MEMORY_MANAGEMENT]

Hi.... I had exactly the same problem with the same hard drive.....looked here and there for a solution but couldn't find one. At last managed to find one on my own.....JUST UPDATE THE PASSWORD PROTECTION MANAGER....
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/HD-EG5S/downloads/SW_HDD_PWPM
and then connect to the computer running windows 8.....DONE!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/32943-external-hard-drive-causes-blue-screen-memory_management.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My hard drive has crashed - Blue screen x Drive Screen Hard : - crashed 0x00000050 Blue My system was WIIN XP SP with all latest upgrades and explorer with a maxtor GIG HD MB RAM Dell dimen Tower system It's showing the error of STOP x on blue screen I Blue Screen - Hard Drive crashed : 0x00000050 tried all possible ways to get Blue Screen - Hard Drive crashed : 0x00000050 my desktop back by using safe mode last config used that worked putting installation disk at CD ROM boot drive even DELL hardwares guys on phone and all but in vein I got a new HD and installed WIN XP on that new HD and now using secondary drive as that old org HD Lots of softwares and programs were there on that old HD and somehow I still need that system back I did not erase or alter anything on that old HD yet Is there any way to fix error of that x and somehow get a boot file floppy copied from that HD now as secondary drive and still make the original HD with org desktop making it work I need that old system very badly I talked DELL hardware dept and they want to send me on software dept - paid help My e-mail is ymodi yahoo com and I can also give my phone no I need my original HD with WIN XP system back as there were tons of softwares on it Pl help

A:Blue Screen - Hard Drive crashed : 0x00000050

Any help yet ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-hard-drive-crashed-0x00000050-455066.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have recently experienced two blue screen crashes and stalling when operating I had a new hard drive installed but had the old material cloned as I could not get Microsoft and Dell to agree on how to put the Windows XP on the new hard drive a long story Anyway I ran DSS Deckard's Security System which could not load HiJackThis It did tell me however that I had two quot Trusted Zone quot keys new Hard Blue slow Drive response even after screen, O - Trusted Zone https doubleclick net HKCU O - Trusted Zone about internet HKCU These do NOT show up on the DDS scan I have run and enclosed as requested Other than that I have run Malwarebytes Supermalware Norton Security Suite Blue screen, slow response even after new Hard Drive and found some cookies but not much more I do not understand the slow speed unless it is due to a virus or trojan but I have had no luck finding either I have started using Sandboxie which is great and hopefully will be the answer to future surfing once this issue is fixed I am enclosing a zipped file of the Deckard scan as well DDS TXT DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by John at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton Security Suite Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis CDP afcdpsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper Free Edition PSFree exe C Program Files Sandboxie SbieCtrl exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uSearch Page hxxp www google com uStart Page about blank uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www dell me com myway BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dll BHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton security suite engine coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton security suite engine ips IPSBHO DLL BHO d a - d - d - - e a - c program files siber systems ai roboform roboform dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Norton Toolbar febefe - b - - d -ffb d b ca - c program files norton security suite engine coIEPlg dll TB amp RoboForm d a - d - d - - e a - c program files siber systems ai roboform roboform dll TB EarthLink Toolbar c - f - -b a - ee - c program files earthlink mailbox toolbar Toolbar dll T... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/blue-screen-slow-response-even-after-new-hard-drive-636407.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have been getting blue screens most of which say: "a process of thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated"

0x000000f4 (0x80000003, 0x878fd348, 0x878fd494, 0x81e4c4430)

Also when i run chkdsk it always freezes on stage 4 of 5 file data verification. (file 41893 of 239792)

It also seems to be causing apps to crash and re-start.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:[SOLVED] blue screen due to hard drive error?

Hi. . .

Bugcheck 0xf4 as you noted = CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION = a thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

It could be related to the hard drive if an app attempts to read a file that is corrupt b/c of hard drive issue.

I suggest that you go to your manufacturer's web site and run their hard drive diagnostic utility.

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-blue-screen-due-to-hard-drive-error-317460.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all I have had an ongoing problem for the past few months of my One Windows XP computer just locking up hard often accompanied by a high pitched whining noise This usually only occures when running XP, Win in Blue total no Hard Locks freeze screen. certain applications Such as Doom and Paradise Poker The reset button is the only way to get out of it Anyhow let me give you Hard Locks in Win XP, total freeze no Blue screen. some system infomation and some details of what i ve already looked into Sys Info Athlon XP CPU not overclocked ASUS A V X-X Motherboard MB of PC RAM ASUS Geforce Ti SE vid card SoundBlaster Live Sound card Software info OS Win XP Hard Locks in Win XP, total freeze no Blue screen. SP with all current updates other then SP Direct X c Nforce Vid drivers Whatever the latest SoundBlaster Live Drivers are What i ve Tried so far I ve uninstalled and Hard Locks in Win XP, total freeze no Blue screen. reinstalled all drivers for vid and sound I ve tried older versions of the drivers for video and sound I ve Reinstalled Direct X I ve tried Direct X b and c I m running Motherboard Monitor and voltages and Heat look to be within tolerable levels Though I don t know how to specificaly monitor vid card only MB I ve tested the bejesuz out of my RAM with several boot disk RAM testers some taking over hours I ve Formated my C Drive reinstalled Win XP tried with fresh drivers and very few programs installed and still get locks in Doom I turned off Fastwrites Sideband and Anti-aliasing in my vid card in its drivers and in a rd party utility I ve set my Vid card to AGP x instead of x using a rd party utility I can t do it in the BIOS due to a chipset limitation of VIA I even added a registry value in case it was some strange AMD AGP bug that Microsoft mentioned HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager Memory Management Value name LargePageMinimum Data type REG DWORD Radix Hexadecimal Data value xffffffff I have Sacrificed a chicken I have Borowed a Live Snake I have purchased a copy of quot Voodoo for Dummies quot Please Help nbsp

A:Hard Locks in Win XP, total freeze no Blue screen.

Read the following thread, to see if any of those problems sound familiar to you.

http://forums.techguy.org/t286434.html

Then, follow the directions in the same thread for using Everest Home Edition. Use it to check the output from your power supply, and post your results here; good luck.

-- slingshotter

EDIT: Forgot to ask; how old are the motherboard chipset drivers? The high-pitched noise you describe sounds like leaking electrolytic capacitors, probably the ones near the CPU; check them CLOSELY for bulging tops or leakage from top or bottom. Be sure to check the videocard for the same problem, though this is less likely.

The noise could ALSO be coming from your power supply unit or monitor; listen CAREFULLY to see if you can pinpoint the source. Noise like you've described can also be from an oscillator locking up, which in turn freezes your display; the motherboard is the most likely suspect, but we can't rule ANYTHING out just yet.

-- slingshotter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-locks-in-win-xp-total-freeze-no-blue-screen.286711/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forums and have a question. My Lenovo laptop recently started showing the blue screen of death, and I'd like to wipe the drive before I do anything else with it. The computer doesn't have a disc drive, so all of the info on the internet about wiping with a startup disc doesn't work for me. Does anyone know how I should proceed without a disc/disc drive?

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to spending time on these forums.

A:Wiping Hard Drive with Blue Screen of Death

My Lenovo laptop recently started showing the blue screen of death, and I'd like to wipe the drive before I do anything else with it. The computer doesn't have a disc drive, so all of the info on the internet about wiping with a startup disc doesn't work for me. Click to expand...

Go here so we can determine the exact description of that Lenovo laptop.

Unless it's a very old model, most factory-brand laptops come with a built-in factory restore/system recovery partition that allows it to be reverted back to its original new condition.

------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wiping-hard-drive-with-blue-screen-of-death.1149278/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi folks I ve got a pretty serious problem and the fact that it s on my girlfriend s computer makes it twice as bad because I m supposed to quot just fix it quot So here we go Last night she called me and told me quot I was asleep and all of the sudden the computer fan compaq laptop got super loud and woke me up I went over to the computer and it said quot Hard Drive Error quot and all I could was click quot ok quot on the box The screen went grey after that and I had to use the power button to turn it off quot When I try to turn it on now I get the lovely screen that tells of Death... Hard Help + Drive Blue Error Screen please... me Windows couldn t boot successfully last time we ve all seen it but no Hard Drive Error + Blue Screen of Death... Help please... matter which option I choose I cannot get windows to boot No matter what I do it starts to boot but near the end the blue screen of death flashes real quick and the comp resets I can t get a good glimpse of what is causing the blue screen it flashes too fast I m wondering what happened first off second is there any way I can get the files off that thing I ran chkdsk thru the xp cd at startup and it said that the hard drive has quot one or more unrepairable errors quot She would be completely destroyed if she lost everything on there so I d be very grateful if we could fix this Thanks everyone Brian nbsp

A:Hard Drive Error + Blue Screen of Death... Help please...

You could try running chkdsk from the Recovery Console with the option to recover and repair (chkdsk /r).

It doesn't sound good. It could have been a number of things from hardware overheating to hard drive failure.

You could try a repair installation, but that wouldn't solve the original problem, of course.

In any case, if you get any access at all, save everything before the worst comes to pass.

You could recover most of the undamaged contents by putting the drive in another XP computer as a secondary drive and then taking ownership of the files you want to recover. But any encrypted files are lost forever to this procedure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-error-blue-screen-of-death-help-please.205654/
Relevancy 52.03%

See, I just got an iPhone (2G, not 3G) and I didn't activate it yet, so it was on the "emergency call" screen, right? I tried to unlock the phone but I guess I kind of messed up. Now I know how to unlock it, but since somehow I messed it up, it doesn't show the "emergency call" screen and just shows an iTunes screen which keeps flashing on and off. I try to make the iPhone do DFU (device firmware upgrade) mode so I can restore then unlock the phone, but it won't work. SO THE POINT IS, can you please tell me how to reset it back to the "Emergency Call" screen like it was in the beginning?

A:How do I Hard Reset My iPhone to pre-activated stage (with "Emergency Call" screen?)

Try hooking it up to the computer and reseting it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-hard-reset-my-iphone-to-pre-activated-stage-with-emergency-call-screen.783308/
Relevancy 51.6%

Two questions one post The first I have a dell digital Hard drive and screen problem blue a space Lost jukebox mp player that allows for storage of data or music I tried to copy a mb file from the mp player onto my hard drive I had a little over mb of space left on my hard drive a total storage capacity of GB It said i had run out of space So i deleted some files move some things around and i had GB of space free for this transfer i tried again and this time Lost Hard drive space and a blue screen problem again the message i got was not enough space on drive c So i cancelled out and checked to see what i had on my hard drive mb free So i have lost hard drive space and not gain a file So i investigated and found that i have GB of data on c documents settings user but once i get into user i have folders none of which display nearly that much data They are favorites start menu cookies desktop my documents and a file named ntuser the ntuser file is mb and my desktop has or so mb on it So my question is how can i get back this lost hd space its a very strange issue Blue screen Im on xp pro sp i use adaware registry mechanic and im generally tidy with my windows note reinstalling windows did not solve this I never used to have this issue but lately when i go to open or close certain programs i jump to blue screen it references trixdp dll i think it was and then quot begin physical dump of memory quot i must reboot at this point I use VLC media player and exiting this program mandates a blue screen Just now i exited mozilla browser and this was the first time i got blue screen from this program Thanks anyone nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hy .

I have a Lenovo R61 . Yesterday my laptop battery comes out from the laptop when the Windows was start and the laptop was power on without cable . After i put back the battery and plug the cable to charge it I start windows and when the windows is at loading logo i recived a Bluescreen 0x024. I try to go on recovery console use a windows CD but i recived a message from it wich said Windows didn't find any Hard Drive instalkled . Please Help me .

Sorry for my type I'm from anthore country ...

A:Lenovo R61 0x24 blue screen + hard disk isn't detected

Boot from the Windows CD. What version of Windows are you running? XP? Do not use the recovery console for this problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-r61-0x24-blue-screen-hard-disk-isnt-detected.174701/
Relevancy 51.6%

I just built a new system anI moved over my slave and master hard drive and my old cd-rom when Blue with trying system hard error drives old boot a screen new to drive from my previous system new one I wanted to wait to install I went into Blue screen error when trying to boot a new system with old hard drives set up to make sure everything was ok and it all looks good Master and Slave hard drives are detected and correct all the RAM is detected and everything looks good When it goes to boot I get the following error message quot Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM You can attempt to repair by starting windows setup using the original setup cd-rom Select r at the first setup screen to start repair quot So I load the setup cd-rom and set to boot from disk and get the blue Windows Setup screen and down below it appears to be working and down at the bottom is says quot quot Setup is loading files quot and flashes through all the files it s loading BTW at no point am I given the option to select r and pressing the r button at any point or throught the process does nothing Then it says quot Setup is starting windows quot The screen goes black and I get a blue quot stop quot screen quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the stop message Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to Technical information STOP X E XC X E A XF D E XF D E no idea what this is I do Master is gigs with plenty of space and Slave is gigs I ve tried to have both as slave or master to no avail One is not so I skip this Can t find these anywhere in BIOS How to disable hardware in sm I can t think of any hardware I d need to disable ANY help is appreciated Rig AMD Athlon Asus A N-SLI Deluxe XFX GeForce GT Maxtor Diamond gig HD Master Fujitsu gig HD slave gig Corsair Ram Cooler Master Aquagate Liquid Cooling system Seasonic S W PSU Cooler Master Cavalier case I had the hard drives with windows installed and the CD-Rom drive on my old rig Everything else is new Thanks again postscript I ve swapped out RAM and changed and re-changed the hard drive system to no avail nbsp

A:Blue screen error when trying to boot a new system with old hard drives

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-error-when-trying-to-boot-a-new-system-with-old-hard-drives.399386/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all this is my Locks Vista Errors/Hard First - Post Screen Blue first post on this forum and I am not sure what information I need to include in First Post - Vista Blue Screen Errors/Hard Locks the post so that the information I get back will be accurate and helpful My main problem occurs when I am playing games mainly MMORPG's I get the same error f code whether I am playing World of Warcraft Warhammer Online or Tabula Rasa I recently built my computer and I originally used a pirated Windows XP but I soon went to Vista -bit I First Post - Vista Blue Screen Errors/Hard Locks figured that the -bit version might be better for me First Post - Vista Blue Screen Errors/Hard Locks so I installed that but I have the same problems My hardware software configuration is as follows W Ultra SLI-Ready PSU GB I have GB but only will work in my mobo for some reason OCZ PC SLI-Ready RAM EVGA nForce i SLI Motherboard Pentium Core Quad Q gHz Memorex X IDE DVD-RAM Drive sorry I don't remember model Western Digital Caviar GP TB SATA HDD Dual GeForce GT's Windows Vista Home Premium w SP - I am sure I have updated all drivers to current x Vista Drivers My BIOS tells me to reset the CPU and or memory speed in the CMOS but when I go to reset my RAM timing RAM is - - - - T V the computer tries to find an A drive and restarts and the settings won't stay I have crash-dump file at the moment but I'm sure I will get more within the next few days Any information I did not include that is required by the responding person feel free to ask and if I know how to do it I will get it for you Thank you in advance and I hope I didn't make myself seem dumber than I really am

A:First Post - Vista Blue Screen Errors/Hard Locks

post the mini dumps

run
chkdsk /r

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/first-post-vista-blue-screen-errors-hard-locks-335931.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am experiencing blue screen crash when I plug in my WD Passport external drive This drive has worked fine with my laptop Windows until now I was told to attach the Minidump folder seea attached Also ran scan from WhoCrashed software and got the following analysis Any help to get this problem corrected would be appreciated Analysis lt B gt Crash dump directory C windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Sun AM your computer crashed This was likely caused by Crash External Causing Screen Hard Drive Blue the following module ntfs sys Bugcheck code x xFFFFF AC x xFFFFF B x Error PAGE FAULT External Hard Drive Causing Blue Screen Crash IN NONPAGED AREA Dump file C windows Minidump - - dmp file path C windows system drivers ntfs sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT File System Driver The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Wed AM your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x F x xFFFFFA A xFFFFF B D xFFFFFA Error DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE Dump file C windows Minidump - - dmp file path C windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time Conclusion lt B gt crash dumps have been found and analyzed Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is really responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further

A:External Hard Drive Causing Blue Screen Crash

I wonder if AVG is causing the problems. Probably, when you plug in the drive, it triggers a scan from AVG.

Remove AVG completely using Programs and Features. Then, use the removal tool to clan out the rest.

http://download.avg.com/filedir/util...removerx64.exe

Then download and install Microsoft Security Essentials.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Jonathan\Desktop\121609-19968-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?fffff800`041b14c0?
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c01000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e3ee50
Debug session time: Tue Dec 15 23:29:24.487 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:41:56.438
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8004664a20, fffff800041b14d8, fffffa8004963010}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtl8192se.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtl8192se.sys
Probably caused by : rtl8192se.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa8004664a20, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff800041b14d8, Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa8004963010, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------
DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3

IRP_ADDRESS: fffffa8004963010

DEVICE_OBJECT: fffffa8005dae050

DRIVER_OBJECT: fffffa8005c8f8c0

IMAGE_NAME: rtl8192se.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4a950a40

MODULE_NAME: rtl8192se

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff88004c58000 rtl8192se

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002ce1e23 to fffff80002c72f00

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`041b1488 fffff800`02ce1e23 : 00000000`0000009f 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`04664a20 fffff800`041b14d8 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`041b1490 fffff800`02c7efa6 : fffff800`041b15f0 fffff800`041b15f0 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x29330
fffff800`041b1530 fffff800`02c7e326 : fffffa80`07309168 fffffa80`07309168 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x66
fffff800`041b15a0 fffff800`02c7ee7e : 00000005`dbe9ffb7 fffff800`041b1c18 00000000`0002761d fffff800`02dee628 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0xc6
fffff800`041b1bf0 fffff800`02c7e697 : 00000001`32e804c5 00000001`0002761d 00... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/79347-external-hard-drive-causing-blue-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I request you to kindly help me Following are the problems I am facing I cant save data to my primary hard disk My computer does not boot up always Have to wait for an hour at times It reboots automatically Cannot execute any exe files Like a new file install exe etc But it can run some installed applications like notepad exe word etc It all started with the agp sys file freezing during boot up Days passed now it does not happen But now other similar problems are happening I have tried to diagonise Card? - Video Blue RAM Disk? Problem? Screen Hard but bitterly failed I am providing a very comprehensive set of errors pointers that I have found during the last one month System Configuration P Kobian KOB NFSX mother board MB Sis series video card MB SD Rams - Samsung Samsung GB Hard Disk The Primary hard disk newer Blue Screen - RAM Problem? Hard Disk? Video Card? one Seagate GB Hard Disk The Secondary disk old one Windoxs XP Following are the errors which often come up Error When I try to execute any install exe abcd exe file or similar files comments referring to inaccessable memory comes up Actual error quot Unable to execute file in the temporary Blue Screen - RAM Problem? Hard Disk? Video Card? directory Setup aborted quot quot Error Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request Blue Screen - RAM Problem? Hard Disk? Video Card? was completed quot BLUE SCREEN ERRORS the computer suddenly stops and the blue screen appears Many at times the error report datas are not same though most of them refer to some address Error BLUE SCREEN ERROR x E AGP SYS ADDRESS F CCC D BASE AT F CCA DATEStamp b d Error BLUE SCREEN ERROR X E X X FA XF F BF XF F F Error BLUE SCREEN ERROR KERNEL STACK INPAGE ERROR X X X X XFA EF C Error During boot-up occurs rarely Loading ntoskrnl exe Windows could not start because the following files is missing or corrupted lt Windows root gt System gt ntoskernel exe Please re-install a copy of the above file But in the next restart the error dint come Error Initially before these many problems like random restarts and blue screens days back there used to be an error while boot up The boot up used to freeze when it reached agp sys During those days the MB Sis card used to get very hot at times but after cooling down or after waiting for some time the computer used to start Error No data is being saved on my primary hard disk since rd of march The irony is I can switch on the computer it boots up allows me to run simple applications like word etc allows me to save it on to either hard disk i safely shut down i boot again check for the file i had saved it is gone but the one i save it the other hard disk does not go Error I tried to check if quot absolutely nothing is getting written on my primary hard disk quot by simply adding a data to the registry it was eneterd properly no probs got stored but next time i boot the data is not present Same with restore points I dont think any restore points were made after rd March Error Now a days the computer does not start soon after it is shut down It taked about an hour before it can be started Error The computer displays the blue screen most of the time a heavy application is opened like a game etc Error I dont think it is connected to the above set of errors my cd drive and cd writer also does not work some times Error My hard disk gets the power only when i manually insert the pin power pin in a particular angle and not fully immersed Kindly help me as much as you can Regards Rahul nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I have an old external hard disk and when ever I try connecting that to my Vista laptop thru USB I get the dreaded blue screen I am Vista Blue Drive Hard on connecting External Screen running Vista Home Premium bit on the laptop Vista Blue Screen on connecting External Hard Drive On connecting it says installing device driver Vista Blue Screen on connecting External Hard Drive in the system tray and then the blue screen comes up I am able to connect to my netbook which has XP Home with out any problems I have wiped put the drive using Media Wiper then formatted it and still the error would not go away on my Vista PC This is the Problem Report I found -- gt Code Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFFA D BCP FFFFFA D E BCP FFFFFA D C OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp C Users VjPhans AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users VjPhans AppData Local Temp WER A tmp version txt Read our privacy statement Microsoft Online Crash Analysis -------------------------------------------------------------- I have attached the dump files that were generated by the system I would appreciate any help from you guys Thanks VJ

A:Vista Blue Screen on connecting External Hard Drive

While doing some searching I found this post in another forum from which it looks like this is a problem thats been happening with Vista SP1.

Code:
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=619530
Thanks,
VJ

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/228802-vista-blue-screen-connecting-external-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I had everything loaded and ready error [SOLVED] drive hard bit Windows 64 7 screen, blue to go on my laptop when I needed video drivers for Windows bit I contacted Samsung because the drivers on their website directed to bit instead of the said bit drivers They linked me [SOLVED] Windows 7 64 bit blue screen, hard drive error to drivers which I found out were the wrong drivers instead Now when I try to turn on the laptop it goes to the blue screen and says non bootable volume I tried the Samsung Recovery Solutions and tried the complete backup option but there is nothing to select to backup to so I am unable to run that I tried a Windows recovery disc and it says the hard drive may be damaged now and will not run I then tried installing Windows with a new disc and it will not install and gives the error that the hard drive is damaged I then tried chkdsk and it is not finding any hard drive errors Please help Thank you in advance Edit Well I realized I was herping and derping and had checkdisc checking the C drive while that drive is just the bakup drive that was never used I am currently running chkdsk on the DL drive and it has already found a bad sector and has been on percent for the last five minutes

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 64 bit blue screen, hard drive error

It sounds like this is a bad hard drive. Try these free diagnostics (particularly the hard drive test) to see if the hard drive is dead/dying:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-windows-7-64-bit-blue-screen-hard-drive-error-548090.html
Relevancy 51.6%

For the last couple of weeks I had been getting the good ol blue screen of death while playing games that previously ran fine for months Last night the coup de grace was delivered and I was unable to boot in any mode except from CD While formatting I suffered another blue screen After attempted re-installs all failing I switched to the ram that came stock in the computer a shot in the dark more than anything It failed two more Replace Blue Death, Hard Screen Drive? O' Solved: My times and then for no apparent reason success Every time I have formatted in the last year or so I have come across similar problems and have only succeeded after the switching out of ram could be a coincidence as every time it works with a different combination of new and old or just new or just old and multiple attempts Solved: Blue Screen O' Death, Replace My Hard Drive? Does this sound like a Hard Drive problem I have a portable hard drive and am contemplating a switcheroo of sorts I might add that my drivers are always up to date and the blue screen problem persists Oh and I m still on XP because I fear change Any help is appreciated lay-mans terms if possible Thanks Stu nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have tried XP Died while Drive Terrible (Blue screen Damage; booting) Hard to google for solution but nothing worked I cannot come to windows xp to desktop No matter how I boot normally safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with cmd and so on it always gives me out bluescreen error that goes away extremly fast around microsecond or even less I tired around different copies of xp - all were bootable but nowhere were the option Recovery Console also not Re Install Windows I repeat I cannot come to desktop I tried with Linux's knoppix cd - hardware is good all datas could be accessable well But this doesn't mean anything to me Thanks good it goes only through Knoppix bootable cd I don't want to have linux installed I want to come to xp Im not so good in Knoppix - just in Terrible Damage; XP Hard Drive Died (Blue screen while booting) case if someone thought to give me some instructions through it My question is the following Could anyone please provide me a solution I know the following is against the rules but I have no choice Does anyone know where online I could get proper installation windows xp pro sp Which will for sure have the options to reinstall overwritte xp over damaged one I apologize for this I know its not good to ask this but I really see no other way Hopefully someone could help please Thank you

A:Terrible Damage; XP Hard Drive Died (Blue screen while booting)

Hello!

Your operating system is most likely corrupted.
Or HDD might be damaged.

Do you have any important files on HDD???
Take out HDD, connect HDD to some other PC and backup important data.

Check what make/model is HDD. Visit manufacturer's Web Site,
download diagnostic tools and scan your HDD.

If HDD is bad, it is vital to backup data as soon as possible.
If HDD turns out to be OK, you have two options:
1. To run System Repair.
2. Wipe HDD and do a clean install of operating system.

Post back after you scan HDD...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/terrible-damage-xp-hard-drive-died-blue-screen-while-booting-463260.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Good day I was cloning my x t hard disk with windows os to an mSSD So after cloning I was trying to rename my existing HDD from C to B so i can rename my newly cloned mSATA to C BUT i just realized that the C i was renaming in the registry editor was the cloned mSATA I think windows automatically changed the drive name to C when the files HARD - desktop blue run RENAMED cannot system screen, DRIVE old HDD file was formated in the disk manager So my supposed to be drive C was renamed to B in the registry editor DosDevices C to DosDevices B So when i rebooted my PC all i get is a blank blue screen with nothing in it I managed to to run explorer through the task manager but unfortunately I'm stuck I can't even open My Computer or even run command prompt as an administrator I really hope someone can help me solve this problem since i cannot even recover my windows license number because i cannot run anything on my laptop Thanks in advance

A:HARD DRIVE RENAMED - blue desktop screen, cannot run system files

i was trying to open control panel it indicates "No such interface supported" this also pops up when i try to open my computer. I also tried to run registry editor so i can rename it back to the cloned drive from B: to C:, but unfortunately path error occurs, again this maybe due to path file is directed to C: which is currently renamed to B:.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384529-hard-drive-renamed-blue-desktop-screen-cannot-run-system-files.html
Relevancy 50.74%

So I recently used Darik's Boot and Nuke to wipe my hard drive, and whenever I attempt to install Windows 7 the installation goes through till it reads finishing installation, then after a few minutes gives me blue screen and crashes. My laptop is a dell inspiron and has 3 gb of memory on it. I was told it was possible that when I used DBAN it erased instructions built into my hard drive that allow an operating system to be installed to it. Not sure if there is anything I can do to diagnose the blue screen or if there's any common cause for this.

Thanks!

A:Blue screen at the end of Windows install on newly wiped hard drive

Hi

Why did you re-installed Windows ?. How the system worked before formatting ?

Windows can be installed in a fully erased hard drive without any problem. In fact that is the recommended method in case of a serious rootkit infection. I suspect a hardware issue as the cause. Sometimes a defective installation DVD can also produce BSOD when installing. Let us first check your hardware health condition using built in diagnostics. Follow the below steps.

1 ) Keep pressing F12 while powering on until you see a boot selection menu.

2 )Select Diagnostics from the menu to run built in self test.

3 )If there are no errors detected during the short test, you will be asked for permission to run an extensive test. Choose OK and run the test. 

Post the result in next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497998/blue-screen-at-the-end-of-windows-install-on-newly-wiped-hard-drive/
Relevancy 50.31%

can someone please help my computer just stopped working i run in windows xp and now whenever i try to start it it just turns blue and says unkown hard error. i tried rebooting with windows 98 and half way through the installation another error screen comes up what should i do

A:computer stoped working screen just turns blue and says unknown hard error

have you tried booting from your XP disk and doing a reformat and reinstall? How old is the hard drive in the machine?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-stoped-working-screen-just-turns-blue-and-says-unknown-hard-error.50276/
Relevancy 50.31%

When I play BC online I am able to get into a game for to minutes before I get either a hard freeze or a blue screen sometimes with a sound loop Edit Also ~10 Battlefield minutes online after hard screen freeze/blue Company Bad play 2 I played for about a month with no Battlefield Bad Company 2 hard freeze/blue screen after ~10 minutes online play problems and I made no major changes to the computer during that time This is only related to BC because I have played other games without issue and I ve searched on Google and found a lot of other people with this specific problem The fixes they mentioned did not work for me I disabled the onboard sound I disabled sound altogether I reinstalled PunkBuster I changed the memory voltage I updated to the right GPU driver I ran Furmark and three passes of Memtest with no problems I went to the Event Viewer and maybe it s just because this last time was a hard freeze instead of a BSOD but all it says is things like quot The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first quot Edit Looked at it again and I found one that says quot The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x x xfffffa fce x bf x A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id quot I m on Windows -bit i k not OC d HD with a modified BIOS that unlocked the shaders of the GB Adata RAM Corsair TX GA-P -UD nbsp

A:Battlefield Bad Company 2 hard freeze/blue screen after ~10 minutes online play

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battlefield-bad-company-2-hard-freeze-blue-screen-after-10-minutes-online-play.986682/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi - I have been in communication with another one of your techs - Marius who has been great helping with the malware removal process

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498630/browserprotect-slow-running-pc-and-constant-crashing/?view=getnewpost

However this has been now completed and some statges redone and still having these issues. In particualr a hardware (possible) is my hard drive can sometimes at start up or during normal operation be very very noisy 'like and exhaust fan in your bathroom' loud

Please any/all is very much appricated

Garry

A:Major issues Slow/Crashing/Blue Screen - Hard Drive very noisy

Hi

Please follow the below steps.

1 ) Replace the SATA data cable of the hard disk. Also re-seat the power connector.

2 ) Remove the side cover and identify the brand of your hard disk. Then run the manufacturer's diagnostic test by downloading the appropriate tool.

For Seagate , Samsung and Maxtore drives , use Seatool for DOS :

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/seatools-dos-master/

Run long test with it.

For Western digital drive , use WD diagnostics : https://www.box.com/shared/gl0fifqgj4

Run an Extended test with it. If you are having difficulty running the DOS based tool, use the Windows version instead.

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=605&sid=3&lang=en

For Hitachi drives , use Drive Fitness Test : http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/downloads/dft32_v416_b00.iso

For other brands like Toshiba and HGST, there are no proper tool available. HGST provide a tool named WinDFT but that only works with slave drives. So test them using seatool for DOS instead.

If you are unsure about how to burn the downloaded ISO image to a CD, refer the below guide.

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/201431en

Let me know your findings after running the test.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500501/major-issues-slowcrashingblue-screen-hard-drive-very-noisy/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I have a Shuttle SB G and I wanted to upgrade the hard drive to one of a higher capacity I wasn't prepared to reinstall Windows so Drive Blue after Boots Blank Screen Clone Windows Enterprise Hard to 7 I decided to clone the hard drive I used DriveClone XML and backed up the current drive image and restored it onto the new drive All was successful so far OS-Windows Enterprise Current drive-Maxtor GB BANC B New drive-Seagate GB ST AS I then plugged the new drive with the restored image on into the Shuttle and turned it on I was met with the following error message quot Windows failed to start A Recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your windows Windows 7 Enterprise Boots to Blank Blue Screen after Hard Drive Clone installation disc and restart your computer Choose your langugae settings and then click next Click quot repair your computer quot Status xc e Info The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot Naturally I inserted the repair disk and it reported saying there were errors and it would automatically repair them When it restarted it booted up normally until it reached 'preparing your desktop' it stayed on this screen for a good mins before producing a blank Windows 7 Enterprise Boots to Blank Blue Screen after Hard Drive Clone blue screen with a mouse and text in the bottom right corner of the screen saying quot Windows Build This copy of Windows is not genuine quot I was confused by this so I inserted the original hard drive and it worked fine and its activated Any help with this would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Rich

A:Windows 7 Enterprise Boots to Blank Blue Screen after Hard Drive Clone

Something similar had happened to me a while back with Win XP. Windows recognizes the new hard drive as a new computer. Since your copy of windows is already registered to your old PC configuration when it checks for authenticity it appears that this is a new PC using your activation code. Call Windows support and have your activation number ready. They fixed it for me with instructions over the phone. I hope this is the issue and that this would help. Good luck!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/165065-windows-7-enterprise-boots-blank-blue-screen-after-hard-drive-clone.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok... Had a bad virus sent my machine away they installed a new hard drive. I get it back and use recovery disks to reinstall vista. All four + supplemental disks went great I click next n blue screen come up with an error a source is trying to use a thread it does not own. I have an hp pavilion 2009. Need help badly!!

A:New hard drive reinstalled vista w/recovery disk and now blue screen error

"a source is trying to use a thread it does not own"

Sorry, but despite extensive searching I can find no reference to that error, not even a similar one.
Please double-check the wording of the actual error message and post it word-for-word.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-hard-drive-reinstalled-vista-w-recovery-disk-and-now-blue-screen-error.1055450/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey all Came across a problem recently on my month old rig Specs are in my profile Anyway I had hard drives set up my main SSD which runs Windows a USB external terabyte and a gig SATA Western Digital I believe the gig SATA was failing or malfunctioning I was getting error messages that the drive was bad a while back but never got around to fixing or removing it because I was lazy and it still worked read write I kept some junk media and files missing Windows blue 7 issue/NTLDR drive crash/hard booting screen on it but other than that didn't touch it Well Windows 7 blue screen crash/hard drive booting issue/NTLDR missing my rig started acting funny a few days ago I thought it might have been a worm or malware I ran my usual combination of programs and security I Windows 7 blue screen crash/hard drive booting issue/NTLDR missing like to keep my system pretty clean I did find a few threats but took care of them I hadn't ran them for a bit so I thought nothing unusual Well my PC started crashing randomly and giving me issues until time I noticed my gig SATA was corrupt or something All the data on it was gone and it was reading gig instead of gig I was still able to read write to it though Still kept having the crashes and freezing I removed the SATA wiped the SSD and re-installed a fresh copy of Windows Everything went without a hitch Windows runs fine everything went normal Computer is running beautiful but I am still having a crashing issue It happens randomly Happened twice when watching movies off my external and twice now while just browsing the web The system will freeze forcing me to manually restart or it will freeze and a blue screen will pop up saying the system crashed and it's dumping memory yada yada and force me to manually restart If I leave it to restart on it's own it will boot and I get a variety of boot error messages NTLDR is missing press CTRL ALT DEL to restart or some other boot message Once I manually restart Windows will start up normally but has recognized it shut down improperly I read it might have something to do with my boot order or the external so I removed that off the boot order list and made sure my SSD was my main hard drive and boots first I checked my system and CPU temps everything seems normal I am not sure what it could be I have a fully clean install The only thing rolling over is all my media files on my external But could my external really cause the system to crash like that I have no idea what it is and it seems Windows will run fine for a determined amount of time A few hours or more until it happens randomly Doesn't seem to be a pattern I also read NTLDR is only associated with Win XP and BOOTMGR is for Win so I don't know what is going on there I am going to take apart my machine later and check all the cables and everything but this is a pretty new machine with no previous problems I keep it clean but it's not to say I don't get malware viruses But if it was that you would think the format would take care of it And if it was my corrupt SATA causing it through the boot manager order that would be solved by removing it So far it's been hours and Windows is running fine Anyone have a scrap of an idea or had this problem before I know it's a bit vague and could be many things but I think it has something to do with my hard drives or it's a virus worm but I don't see how Thanks UPDATE Windows freezes around every hour or so forcing me to manually restart If I leave it frozen it will restart itself after a while giving me the quot NLTRD is missing quot error

A:Windows 7 blue screen crash/hard drive booting issue/NTLDR missing

Have you done an anti-virus scan?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252500-windows-7-blue-screen-crash-hard-drive-booting-issue-ntldr-missing.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am running Windows XP on an Nspire laptop purchased just settings screen, not default, blue error drive found Changed to hard BIOS Solved: a few months back I installed Ad Aware Spybot Search amp Destroy Spyblaster Zone Alarm and Solved: Changed BIOS settings to default, blue error screen, hard drive not found Windows Defender in addition to the Verizon Security Suite that was currently running in order to find and delete some adware viruses Spybot was successful and everything was restored to normal for a couple of days until Solved: Changed BIOS settings to default, blue error screen, hard drive not found I restarted and got a blue screen error quot IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot and stating that I should disable BIOS memory options I assumed that I had too many virus scanning programs and firewalls installed so I was able to boot into safe mode as administrator and deleted all of the before mentioned programs except for Windows Defender and Verizon Security Suite which I planned to keep At restart I received the same blue screen message so I went to the BIOS setup menu to check the memory options and my BIOS menu has extremely limited settings options Phoenix Trusted Core which frustrated me and I stupidly reset the default settings Now I was unable to get past the black screen telling me that Windows failed to start normally So I went to the XP recovery CD and tried recovery and now all I get is a blue screen saying hard drive not found This laptop was purchased quot Vista ready quot but with XP Pro installed by my request Could the problem possibly be that XP setup is not recognizing the hard drive because I reset the settings to default and now the hard drive is recognizable by Vista but not by XP Sorry for such a long message but alot happened at once and I assumed the more info the better nbsp

A:Solved: Changed BIOS settings to default, blue error screen, hard drive not found

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-changed-bios-settings-to-default-blue-error-screen-hard-drive-not-found.786392/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello every one I've been having a long term problem that has basically plagued my computer since I've built it Yet the issue manifests itself in different ways through out the years The issue is At certain seemingly random points my computer screen freezes with no BSOD Computer is still running with Firefox freezing Random, Life. Hard in Second hard and reset required. fans going No error message Sound stops Mouse is not responsive on screen Nothing works Screen is frozen on the last picture A holding down of the power button for a hard reset is the only way to recover Through out the years since I've changed graphics cards and RAM chips in order to try and solve this Random, hard freezing in Firefox and Second Life. Hard reset required. problem I've found that the RAM had no effect on the issue but the graphics cards perhaps did Back in I had constant random freezing at random intervals during the days of the week whilst basically doing any thing An SLI set up of two Geforce s I finally discarded one of the graphics cards to only run one and that seemingly fixed most random freezing issues for some time Though it did happen on some rare occasion that I could not explain How ever In I upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX OC and found that issues immediately arose again I could not activity render videos in Adobe Premiere Elements whilst working on the video editing software with out a hard freeze Basically unable to render videos in real-time whilst working on them any more More issues started occurring later with this same card When watching Youtube videos in Firefox browser Occasionally with increasing frequency watching videos in the browser were causing this problem Then I discovered the option to disable 'hardware acceleration' and the problem hasn't arisen in the browser since Come Using a program known as 'Second Life' that does tend to use a lot of resources When computer resources were being strained too hard this problem did return on a rare occasion when I was running dual clients of this program In this same program known as 'Second Life' had gone through some updates and now for some reason the freezing issue has reared its ugly head in a big way Some times I can't be on this program for even an hour and the hard freeze occurs To fix this issue from that point I've tried updating to the latest graphics drivers No success I've even upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX Ti and again updated to the latest graphics drivers The issue still persists and renders use of them program unusable I am able to play games such as Guild Wars Grand Theft Auto Trove etc with out issue how ever I do not know what is causing the issue in order to know what I need to fix My current setup is ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model X A-UD BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit H... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396853-random-hard-freezing-firefox-second-life-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 48.59%

HI guys

When booting up my laptop in "last known good configuration" mode i keep getting the blue screen of death and the laptop freezes and cuts out and is very over heated. When i have booted up in "safe mode with networking" the latop is still over heating but it dosn't freeze or i don't get the blue screen of death. I am also limited to what i can doin safe mode.

Any ideas what the problem could be please chaps?

Thanks in advance

Tony

A:Blue screen of death on normal boot up but no blue screen in safe mode ?

Exact wording of BSOD error message?

System manufacturer and model?

Conditions/events which may have led to this?

When did problem begin?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489566/blue-screen-of-death-on-normal-boot-up-but-no-blue-screen-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 47.73%

Gest a Blue Screen no message.....no error nothing comes up just a Blue blank screen

A:Gest a Blue Screen no message.....no error nothing comes up just a Blue blank screen

more info please. we need more info before we can help you out. system specs, what is the error message? etc.etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gest-a-blue-screen-no-message-no-error-nothing-comes-up-just-a-blue-blank-screen-83680.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Several times a day I am running onto the Blue Screen telling me I have a kernal problem and that my physical memory is dumping Can someone look at my Logfile and possibly help me with this I m getting ready to go to DSL and would really like my computer Screen? Dumping? Screen? Please! Help Blue Kernal? Included.. Blue Log to be in good shape Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Kernal? Dumping? Blue Screen? Blue Screen? Help Please! Log Included.. Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS Kernal? Dumping? Blue Screen? Blue Screen? Help Please! Log Included.. system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adbe defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adbe defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www excite com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www iowatelecom net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www excite com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS about htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS about htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www iowatelecom net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Iowa Telecommunications R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer proxy O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll O - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM... Read more

A:Kernal? Dumping? Blue Screen? Blue Screen? Help Please! Log Included..

There is nothing obvious in your scan that would cause your "blue screen" problem.
Have you checked the Windows "Event Viewer" to see what program(s) is causing the problem. To view the event's log go to Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools and double click "event viewer" and look for error events which are denoted by a red circle with a white cross. You can double click an Item for an explanation of what went wrong.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kernal-dumping-blue-screen-blue-screen-help-please-log-included.362520/
Relevancy 46.44%

While using my laptop usually when trying to open some quot windows quot application such as task manager wireless networks documents media player windows updater etc my laptop freezes or doesn't allow me to click on anything except the minus button on all my windows and the start button I'll try to shut the laptop down but it freezes once again on the logging off screen and I'm forced to manually shut actual screen up no blue pops Error Screen but Blue it down by holding the power button When I turn my laptop back on I get the black screen that says windows shut down unexpectedly how would you like the start blah blah blah and when I get my laptop turned on again I get this error message Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA F E BCP FFFFF B C D BCP FFFFFA F FC OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Alissa AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml After doing some searching online it said that it was probably a compatibility issue and I found that intel control center was incompatible I'm not sure if that was the only program I'm not great with computers and am not sure how to search through EVERY program so I uninstalled it I tried reinstalling it Blue Screen Error but no actual blue screen pops up but it simply wouldn't install and it wouldn't let me cancel and retry either I had to turn my laptop off manually again I haven't seen any additional problems occur from not having the control center not sure how necessary the program is but it definitely did NOT fix the problem Any idea what I could do

A:Blue Screen Error but no actual blue screen pops up

please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/282420-blue-screen-error-but-no-actual-blue-screen-pops-up.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Specs:
Intel® Centrino® processor technology
• Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T5450
• 1.67 GHz , Level 2 cache 2 MB
• Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium 32-bit

Every time I start up, when it reaches the desktop, I get a blue screen, and it has writing in white, and I can't read it because as soon as it appears, it restarts the computer, and it happens again

I shut down the computer, restarted it, took out the battery, let is cool, and still no diffrence

Could it be a virus? I don't think so, because when I open it in Safe Mode, I run SpyBot Search and Destroy, and it can't find any problem

This is my first post here, so please tell me If I'm missing anything

Thank you

Relevancy 46.44%

So for the past month I have a issue with my laptop.I keep getting a blue screen with STOP 0x0000001e (0xffffffffc0000005,0xfffff80001c66585,0x0000000000000000, 0xffffffffffffffff I was told to do a system recovery by a friend and now when I restart the blue screen with the STOP still appears and when it doesn't come up! I get to the l get to the user screen and a pop up comes up telling me to reinstall windows vista. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Spec: hp pavilion dv7 notebook pc
Amd Turion x2 dual core processor
4k+memory

A:Blue screen , system recovery , no vista and blue screen

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Please follow these instructions and we will help you with your problem.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/291523-blue-screen-system-recovery-no-vista-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Alright so my computer is prone to frequent blue-screening I do virus-checks and clear out adware and spyware and all but it still happens Mostly I just learn to deal with it That s not the immediate problem though Recently my computer crashed and blue-screened whilst attempting to run Firefox and IE at the same time Yes I am reset Settings default to after blue-screening. dumb Shoot me now When I d finished grumbling and reset the machine I found that my user account had been reset to default and that windows was now trying to teach me how to use the start menu OH GOD So I searched frantically and thank you all that is holy found a backup copy of my user settings and my question now is thus Settings reset to default after blue-screening. How do I make these backup files my default Settings reset to default after blue-screening. settings Or if this isn t possible will manually copying everything over destroy anything important Ah and this is on Windows by the by Thank you for your Settings reset to default after blue-screening. time nbsp

A:Settings reset to default after blue-screening.

First there is no reason why Firefox and IE cannot run together.

You need to address the blue screens by copying the STOP message regarding the parameters and the driver file if mentioned.

You may have an underlying hardware problem such as bad ram, a failing hard drive, excess heat. Or you may have some non-compliant and incompatible drivers associated with hardware.

The results are symptomatic of registry damage to your User Profile. In such cases Windows may load a default "temporary" profile:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318011

The advice here should apply to Windows 2000 as well as to XP.

This link is Win2k specific regarding User Profiles:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/deploy/confeat/09w2kadb.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/settings-reset-to-default-after-blue-screening.391935/
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm at my wits end attempting to fix this problem so I'm coming here for advice. 

First I got a blue screen that read IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. The PC then restarted and stopped at a different blue screen with code error 0xc000021a and will just take me as far as repair or reset. I tired startup repair, that didn't work. I did a chkdsk and nothing unusual showed up. Both hard drives are quite new. I tried /sfc scannnow and it stops after 100% verification with " Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation". There is no system restore point. I then tried to reset the PC and it just returns "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." 

I'm really not sure what steps to take next. I have trawled through a few posts in this forum and in others and haven't found a solution. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624419/blue-screens-cant-boot-repair-or-reset/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey Guys I ve been having the blue screen issue today and my comp would spontaneously restart It s happened quite a bit I tried updating drivers on my new monitors and even two restore points but nothing is working I have included the (includes Blue View) Screen Screen Blue blue screen view here Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter x fde ec Parameter x cb bc Parameter x Caused By Driver win k sys Caused By Address win k sys ce ec File Description Multi-User Win Driver Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win rtm - Processor Blue Screen (includes Blue Screen View) -bit Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter x Parameter x Parameter x Parameter x c e Caused By Driver ntkrnlpa exe Caused By Address ntkrnlpa exe b File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win gdr - Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter x f a Parameter x d c b Parameter x d c Caused By Driver dxgmms sys Caused By Address dxgmms sys a File Description DirectX Graphics MMS Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win rtm - Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String REFERENCE BY POINTER Bug Check Code x Parameter x Parameter x e c Parameter x Parameter xffffffff Caused By Driver ntkrnlpa exe Caused By Address ntkrnlpa exe dcd File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win gdr - Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version

A:Blue Screen (includes Blue Screen View)

Before you got your new monitors did the blue screen happened?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368463/blue-screen-includes-blue-screen-view/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey,I have a big problem,after my computers starts up,the blue screen comes up then disappears,then its starts the automatic repair and disappears again,then the screen goes blue and its stays like that all the time.Cant use the computer anymore,please help thanks

A:Screen satys blue after blue screen of death

Have you tried CTRL+ALT+DEL which should when you get the blue screen should take you to be able to do a factory reset.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70858-screen-satys-blue-after-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I need to run a hard reset on an Pavillion notebook as it won't start up at all/slowly. If I do this will it delete any saved files on the notebook as my daughter has all her exam work on it.Thx

A:Hard Reset

A reset will delete all of the files on the notebook. It is not a hard reset. that is something different. Have you tried booting to the usb recovery media that you should have created by now?If you do that, you can use Windows system restore to resolve the issue.  Do you see it below the Precautions heading in the image? Windows System refresh will also fix the issue without deleting any personal files.    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-Reset/td-p/5566689
Relevancy 44.29%

How do I do a hard reset on my hp lap top

A:How do I do a hard reset on my hp lap top

Hi: Here is a link with information for how to do a hard reset... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-do-I-do-a-hard-reset-on-my-hp-lap-top/td-p/5743314
Relevancy 44.29%

Im locked out of my phone, and Ive tried to do all the steps for a hard reset and it doesnt work.
Tried - Volume down and power the phone keeps cycleing through the boot up with an (!) on the screen
Tried - Volume down, Volume up, power off, no change

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439847-i-cant-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 44.29%

when using hardware buttons to perform hard reset it does'nt work. i cant reach recovery mode, the phone just powers on normally every time

A:why cant i do a hard reset

If you can't figure out the hardware keys, you can reset the phone through settings > about > reset my phone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443752-why-cant-i-do-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Will hard reset result in loss of valuable data (data in hard disk)?

A:Hard reset

No. A hard reset will not caue data loss.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-reset/td-p/5788091
Relevancy 43.86%

Initially I was facing a problem wherein the keys A,S,D,F and some other keys were not working. The mousepad was also not working fine. I searched the net and got a page that suggested hard reset. Hence, I did the followingStep 01. Turned OFF the NotebookStep 02. Un-plugged the Power/AC Adapter and also removed the BatteryStep 03. Pressed and Held the Power Button of the Notebook for a full minuteStep 04. Re-inserted the battery back in  As soon as I re-inserted the battery, the following happenedPower button with LED indicator - is continuously onBattery charging LED indicator - is continuously onPower/standby LED indicator - is continuously onScreen is blank. Nothing is displayed on screen If I remove the battery the lights shut down. As soon as I put the battery the lights are on. Pressing the power button continuouslt doesn't help. Can someone please help in resolving the issue and starting my laptop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/does-not-start-after-hard-reset/td-p/5679394
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I've been working on a computer that has had a lot of recent issues with its hard drive, and I'm getting tired of trying to fix it with the computer utilities. Could I have a link to instructions on how to completely reset my hard drive, erasing everything on it? The computer is a Dimension 8250 and doesn't have a warrantee any longer, nor does it have anything valuable on it, although I could easily transfer the few remaining files that I would like to keep onto another computer. I also have the XP boot disc, so I should be ready to do this. Thks.

A:Reset Hard Drive

Hi .

If "reset" means delete everything...

You can just use the XP CD...to delete everything on any drive, before creating a new partition/formatting/installing XP.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176180/reset-hard-drive/