Windows Support Forum

Choosing the best headphones? (gaming/music)

Q: Choosing the best headphones? (gaming/music)

Looking for the best headphones for gaming and music... Noise canceling preferred so I can use them in a work environment also. Planning on spending no more than $100. Don't need a mic I can just use a separate one.
What do you guys think?
Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Choosing the best headphones? (gaming/music)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Choosing the best headphones? (gaming/music)

I'm considering using a few more dollars to get the Audio-Technica ATH-A700's, hmm what do you guys think.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choosing-the-best-headphones-gaming-music.171298/
Relevancy 64.93%

I need help choosing good headphones, so if your good in this kind of thing I would be grateful to hear your opinion. I need Headphones for Gaming, Music, Movies... So like everything... I want them to have good bass and good directional sound in games. (Heard that 5.1 headphones are best for that but what do I know). They can be pricey but not expensive if you get my drift... (Getting what you pay for+). Best if they look cool so I can use em with an IPod. (Doesn't matter if there big).

A:Need Help Choosing Headphones...

So what is available in Poland? I'm in the USA...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-choosing-headphones.96070/
Relevancy 64.93%

HEY

I need help choosing quality headphones to use for music composition. Being a musician and a striving composer I need quality headphones that I can use to hear deep bass and bright treble. I'm thinking about spending around $150 US, and no more than $200 US. I have heard of Sennheiser and i think it was something like Grato? or something? If anyone could help advise it would be much appreciated. Also I would like the headphones to be well rounded so I could listen to Rock and Jazz as well as the classical that I am writing.

Thanks a bunch

THE ACKDADDY

A:Need Help Choosing Headphones

welcome to techspot.
i'm a musician too (bass) and i'd have to say that either akg or bose products are top-notch. i've used many 'phones thus far at gigs and stuff and the akg and bose headphones have been consistently good.
i'm real cheap, as the ones i actually own are a pair of $20 sonys.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-choosing-headphones.25992/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello, I am looking for a new laptop to play some games on.

The type of games that I shall be playing are The Sims 4, Cities: Skylines - basically not the most demanding games. All these games require an i5 Core Processor, or equivalent. NVIDIA GTX 660 or better. 64 bit operating system and 6GB or more of ram.

Do you recommend just getting a normal laptop with these specs instead of a gaming laptop, as my budget is around ?400/?500.

Any recommendations as to what laptop to get (model, manufacture etc) will be very appreciated.

Also, any recommendations about desktop PCs of the same, or better sped around ?400/?500 will also be welcome.

TIA, Josh.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/129911-help-choosing-gaming-pc.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any good gaming systems for around 750. Would be nice if it can play things in HD, and also if anyone can recommend a monitor for it too. Also got a few questions
What kind of games it will be capable to play e,g Crysis? CoD ?
What kind of specs I'll be looking at? ( Don't know a lot about computers, would like to know what I'm looking for! )
Thanks in advance

A:Help choosing the right gaming PC

Check this out:
PC Buying Guide

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-choosing-the-right-gaming-pc.164283/
Relevancy 58.48%

I just received my Alienware x51 (the $1,468 model) and I need help choosing a monitor. I've been searching for monitors for days and I'm having lots of trouble. I'm looking for a monitor with 144hz refresh rate, high quality picture image(would that be 1440p? i have no clue.), 1-5ms response time, resolution above 1920x1080, and 27-28 inches. I have $500 to buy the monitor and if one of the things I listed aren't that important, I can discharge or downgrade it. Please help!!

A:I need help choosing a gaming monitor

you can get something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/VG278HE-27-Inch-Screen-LED-lit-Monitor/dp/B00906HM6K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1439210348&sr=8-3&keywords=asus+144hz

for gaming the response time should be as low as possible, i havent seen much difference between 1 and 2 ms but between 2 and 5, there is a significant differance.

the higher resolution you use the worse FPS you will get, simply because the gpu has to render more, that will mean you never hit 144+ fps on 2k/4k resolutions

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-help-choosing-a-gaming-monitor.1153005/
Relevancy 58.48%

SO i can get any computer off of the office depot website since i have about 800 in credit there. Just curious what would be the best one for gaming. Also i can upgrade the graphics card no problem just not sure what to get... please help.. These are the gaming computers on there site which one is the best bang for the buck? And i have no problem upgrading the graphics card. So i guess a good processor that will alst will be nice.

http://www.officedepot.com/catalog/...g+computer&Ntk=all&Ntx=mode+matchallany&Nty=1

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello to whoever is reading this post I hope you have a wonderful day and perhaps you may be able to help me So my issue is that I of gaming a laptop^^ with a Need lot choosing help cannot decide what gaming laptop i should get I have done a lot of research and still Im kind of lost So if you can please share your own personal favourites The reason I'm buying a laptop Need a lot of help with choosing a gaming laptop^^ rather than a pc is because im a student and i move a lot and i dont really fancy a n idea of carrying a massive tower with me I need a laptop that will be able to run MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA my favoutite series and i would also like my future laptop to run the games like overwatch and some new demanding games not necessarily on ultra high quality but at least recomended As i mentioned I am a student so im not rich and my budget is limited Please give me an advice for a new laptop this would really make my life easier My budget is between pound - pound i live in the uk preferably something on the lower end of the price XD it would also be great if the recommended laptop could serve me a few years with the release of new games I'm not a no life gamer would like to but the subjects I'm doing require a lot of work Don't have a prefered laptop brand so suggest anything you think is good however im not really friend with HP as i heard that their pc and laptops brake very fast so Thank you very much really appreciate your help Have a nice day TL DR Need a new gaming laptop Budget pound - pound need to run games like upcoming Mass Effect Andromeda at least on recomended settings and a laptop that will last me a few years

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/need-lot-help-choosing-gaming-laptop-4605750/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I m looking for a flatscreen monitor of or inches preferably D and vNivia D Vision compatible x resolution and should be good for gaming first person shooter mainly watching movies and desktop work such as photo editing so good colour 3D a please choosing Advice monitor in gaming accuracy should be considered Can something please advise me on a good monitor to choose I m based in UK so the product must be available here At the moment there s no budget in mind yet I have a few Advice in choosing a 3D gaming monitor please questions if they can please be answered they ll be great in helping my decision Will I compromise anything eg picture quality in choosing a D omnitor over a non- D monitor eg if on a D monitor I play a game in D and I have the monitor s D option switched off either because the game doesn t support D vision or if I m not in the mood to play a game wearing D glasses will the game still appear as good as if I was playing on a non- D monitor I was told from several sources that inch monitors are not truly x resolution even though they re advertised to be they re really x maybe because of the limitation of the screen size True x resolution can only be achieved on monitors inches or above Is this true Forgetting D for now I heard that TN monitors are better for gaming because of their low lag time but the drawback is that colour quality is greatly compromised making the monitor no good for photo editing or graphics work For this reason IPS moniitors are recommended but those are no good for gaming because of their long lag time Are there ANY IPS monitors good for gaming too eg is response time related to lag time or are there more factors to to take into account I have seen this IPS monitor Asus ML H quot IPS LED Monitor with a ms response time so I m wondering if this is a reliable factor for gaming If a game plays at fps then the screen should refresh every ms to keep up with the framerate so would any response time less than this mean that the monitor is good for gaming Or am I thinking this wrongly Still on the topic of IPS vs TN is IPS better only because it has a wider viewing angle than TN If I view a TN monitor at its best angle will the colour be just as good as with an IPS monitor Or is IPS always give better colour image quality even when a TN monitor is viewed at its optimal angle Some sources recommend the Asus VG HE D monitor but I m concerned about its glossy screen whereas other monitors have a non-reflective screen Has anyone seen this monitor or anything similar and does the glossy reflective screen pose a problem especially when viewing something in D Thanks nbsp

A:Advice in choosing a 3D gaming monitor please

You can get a Samsung 3D Widescreen LED Monitor (23") for around $420 or a Samsung 3D Widescreen LED Monitor (27") T27A950 for $520, they are to best monitors for not too much cost

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-in-choosing-a-3d-gaming-monitor-please.170838/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi guys,
i'm currently sourcing components for a gaming rig that im building.
I've got the names of all the parts :

CPU

INTEL CORE I7 920 SKT 1366 RetailAIL D0 STEPPING

RAM

OCZ 12gb Ddr3-1600 Plat Triple Channel 6x2gb

MotherBoard

EVGA X58 SLI Micro Socket 1366 Motherboard - 121-BL-E756-TR
or
ASUS SKT-1366 RAMPAGE II GENE S/L 6400MT/s

Graphics Card

XFX ATI Radeon HD 5850 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
or
ASUS 1GB GeF GTX 465 PCI-E 2.0

Hard Drive

Samsung HD203WI 2TB Spinpoint F3 EcoGreen 3.5" SATA II Hard Drive

Optical Drive

Samsung TS-H653G DVD-RW SATA Optical Drive

Monitor

DGM 2266WD 22" True HD Widescreen LCD Monitor

Power Supply/Case

Corona Black Matx Computer Tower Case 650w Psu

advice on any of these would be extremely helpful, but i would really appreciate advice on the motherboard and graphics card

A:Need help choosing a motherboard for new gaming system

Wow, dump the 12gb of RAM and expensive motherboard, and throw in a GTX 5870. IMO worth it to step down to P55 and go with a GTX 480.

ASRock X58 Extreme 3 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8T-6GBRM

And I don't know about that eco drive...
Western Digital Caviar Black WD2001FASS 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Probably more expensive though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-choosing-a-motherboard-for-new-gaming-system.150245/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello, right now i'm aiming at the Asrock z77 extreme4 it has a nice 8+4 power phase, pci-e 3.0 support, pretty nice overclocking board. The question, is there a better opinion for a bit lower price? I won't use crossfire or sli, so it seems useless for me on this board so if there is a better opinion it can be without sli/crossfire.

A:Choosing budget Gaming motherboard

I go to www.newegg.com for a quick look at what's currently available. (Unfortunately, they only do business in the USA and Canada.)

It appears that the best bargain in a Z77 board is the ASRock Z77 Pro3. It has slightly unusual dimensions (30.5X19.3cm, rather than 30.5X24.4cm for a full-sized ATX board), but it's not microATX. I'm not sure what you give up with it, but it has favorable reviews for a "budget" board. At Newegg, it's considerably less expensive than the Extreme4.

I've not used one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/274105-choosing-budget-gaming-motherboard.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I m going to be building my first proper gaming PC soon and I m really struggling on which video card to get and whether or not to set up in SLI need to learn more about SLI first I think Anyways the card has to gaming choosing trouble GPU build for my Having big the right be nvidia since ATI cards dont work well with OpenGL and I play some games that use that I was thinking of getting the GTX then I saw the GTX TI and wondered what was better heard mixed opinions on those two Then I watched some videos of gameplay and it Having trouble choosing the right GPU for my big gaming build seems the GTX gets about FPS in Crysis which is ok but I d really like to get a card that hits fps in pretty much every game it plays Maybe I m just being greedy here and asking for the impossible Then I saw the and cards and thought they might be Having trouble choosing the right GPU for my big gaming build a reasonable upgrade for the future since one costs like - Then I thought about would s in SLI run better than a or Also another factor is how much heat are these things going to be generating in intense usage Theres just so much to think about Still kinda new to brands and such in hardware outside of intel and nvidia I dont know much at all Here are the specs for the PC I mentioned that this is all for might be revised a bit but I m happy with it for now Please let me know your thoughts on my choices of specs too Intel i sandybridge CPU - Will probably overclock will be getting zalman heatsink instead of using the stock one Asus MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z GEN Motherboard Z Corsair TX W PSU - may up it to a W to future proof for possible more powerful video card Samsung TB rpm MB cache HDD - Was going to get western digital but lots of reviews saying they are very loud Corsair Vengeance GB DDR RAM Mhz x GB sticks - Was going to get GB but for extra thought why not Antec case - People kept telling me it was an old case and I was dumb for choosing this but I really like the look of it Windows Home Premium bit Just remembered to mention the video card I get will be more than likely of the Asus brand Heard a lot of good things about their products Hope that s enough info any and all help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Having trouble choosing the right GPU for my big gaming build

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-choosing-the-right-gpu-for-my-big-gaming-build.1038461/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey im new to this site, i know that basics of computers but im having trouble finding a good gaming pc at a good price ($800-$1200) is a good range for me. I was wondering if u guys could tell me about some. thx

A:Help with choosing a new gaming pc, that range from 800-1200

Do you plan on getting a pre-built computer or are you interested in building your own ?

ps. create your threads in the proper sub-section of the forums next time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-choosing-a-new-gaming-pc-that-range-from-800-1200.54979/
Relevancy 58.05%

o i need help for choosing some components this pc will be mainly used for gaming and also some video editing Processor i - i - i - k cooler Antec Kuhler H O CPU Water Cooler CORSAIR Hydro Series H High Performance computer gaming choosing help components Need corsairH Antec Kuhler H O graphic card HD GB OC GDDR SAPPHIRE SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X HD GB GDDR OC with Boost motherboard ASRock Z Extreme ATX LGA Motherboard ram x G skill Sniper Series GB x GB DDR G skill Ripjaws-X GB x GB DDR CL v G SKILL Trident X Series GB x GB DDR hard disk Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive ssd os Kingston SSDNow V Need help choosing gaming computer components Series GB Need help choosing gaming computer components quot Solid State Disk or Intel Series Maple Crest GB SATA Gb s inch Solid-State case Thermaltake VO M W N Black ATX Full Tower Case powersupply SeaSonic M II Bronze W PLUS PSU SeaSonic ECO W PSU monitor ASUS VS Series VS H inch MS LED Monitor Samsung S A D Hz quot operatingsys window home premium opticaldrive Liteon iHOS - X Blu-ray ROM DVDRW Drive Pioneer BDR-S XLT X Blu-ray Writer Drive i know i have to chose k as it is the only cpu the can be oc from those i am getting liquid cooling and i will stay with case fans because the seems enough for graphic card so which one i choose from all that both monitors are on discount for so please tell me which one i choose and why also give me a rate on my gaming rig also tell me how much fps will i get on bf crysis and far cry the vapor version of graphic card comes with hitman bioshock infinite far cry and crysis the sdd will break the budget do you think it is worse it also will the liquid cooling fit my case nbsp

A:Need help choosing gaming computer components

i would up the psu to a seasonic 750w

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181017

i see some of the gamers prefer this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-choosing-gaming-computer-components.1096946/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi guys, Im going to buy a custom pc from a shop near me I would build it myself with friends but I'd prefer the experience of the guys down at the shop (and they have no service charge). Im looking for a pc to run a few cods on and a few more games such as Battlefield 4 and stuff like left 4 dead at max or high settings. my budget for a pc (with OS) is £650. I would also use the pc for photoshop and video editing. So if you guys could reccomend me a build I would be very appreciative. click here there is a build i was thinking of but if you can reccomend any changes please do, thanks for listening :)

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/help-choosing-gaming-pc-pound650-including-os-4597338/
Relevancy 57.62%

I thought gaming headsets would be good for music, because they're good for games, but it seems like other people I've talked to don't agree.

What are the best headphones for music? I want it to capture every little sound clearly, and have good outside noise reduction.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hey everyone I m new to this forum So I m not able to post links I ll give the names though and if it helps I use newegg and although I ve been performance maximize to a Choosing monitor gaming pc gaming for a while I need help choosing a monitor that will really help to maximize the potential performance of my custom-built computer I waned to find a monitor that I could really be amazed in its performance but I do realize that my price range of about - is really picky If it helps at all this is the video card that I am currently using ASUS EAH DARK KNIGHT G I Choosing a gaming monitor to maximize performance built my computer about a year ago and I m starting to think it might be time to upgrade the card as well but that s for another time I ve Choosing a gaming monitor to maximize performance been using my brother s ASUS inch monitor but now I want to buy one for myself and give him his I just want a monitor that can maximize the potential performance like I said though I m not an expert in the specifications of monitors I ve been looking at these so far and any suggestions explanations would be very appreciated ASUS VW H Glossy Black quot ms GTG HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor cd m ASCR Built-in Speakers ASUS VE H Black quot ms Full HD HDMI LED BackLight LCD Monitor w Speakers cd m ASCR SAMSUNG BX Glossy Black quot x ms Full HD LED Backlight LCD Monitor Slim Design cd m DCR I m also wondering how the size effects gaming visuals and if it s really worth it as well as how much of an impact a big contrast ratio has Thanks so much nbsp

A:Choosing a gaming monitor to maximize performance

Well a monitor isn't really going to "maximize gaming performance" but buying a high-quality display will enhance visual quality... if that's what you mean. For gaming, a lot of people choose to go with 1920x1200 (16:10) but those monitors can be harder to find and will be more expensive. Basically you just want a fast response time and at least a 40,000:1 ratio. This will give you great visuals and allow your graphics card to utilize its gaming potential. I'd recommend 22" and above but the resolution and color ratio is more important. The response time should be anywhere from 2ms to 5ms but it's not super important.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choosing-a-gaming-monitor-to-maximize-performance.167469/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi guys

my computer is getting old and i'm thinking of buying or building a new one with under 850, or around $1400 in us dollars...

i have found the following computers on ebay which i think have very good specs for the price:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140347628469&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

and:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200395466155&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

i'm not sure if i should buy one of them or build my own.

i need advise on where to go here becuase i'm very confused and any help would be very appreciated.

(i have also chose the components on ebuyer and it seemed to exceed my price limit by 150)

A:Building a Gaming PC, need assistance choosing components

What did you deside on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-gaming-pc-need-assistance-choosing-components.136804/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

My PC gave out and so I am using my laptop at the moment.

Anyway I want to get a new PC with the fastest processor.

The one in my old PC is a Athalon 3800

I have not kept up with the latest processors and saw that Intel now do the Duo Processor. Could someone explain please the difference in speed as the last time i looked at Intel it was the Pentium 4 based processors.

I am a little confused as the processor speeds for Intel seem lower than they were for Pentium 4s.

I need advice on each brand AMD and Intel please and which is the latest and fastest processor each company do. I always used to go with Intel just my last one was AMD.

Any reading material on each would also help me in choosing which type of PC to go for and where to get it from.

Thanks for your help

Rob

A:Latest Intel and AMD Processors, Need Help Choosing a New PC For Gaming & General Use

"Fastest" is a really ambiguous term nowadays when referencing processors. The introduction of multicore CPUs really threw off the whole clock speed thing. The Core 2 Duo line usually tops benchmarks, but the E6600 only runs at 2.4Ghz stock.

What games are you using it for? The processor feud has turned into an all-out war, and I'm getting more and more convinced that the power you get from top of the line is crazy overkill.

That being said, the Core 2 Duo E6400 or E6600 is the biggest bang for your buck. I didn't notice that much of a speed difference between my Athlon 3500 and the E6600 for simple computing tasks given all other identical components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/latest-intel-and-amd-processors-need-help-choosing-a-new-pc-for-gaming-general-use.71714/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello. I have a simple Acer Aspire netbook with Realtek Audio Manager. I currently use USB headphones (due to a bad connection in the standard headphone jack). Of course the audio manager is very simplified, but I still managed to mess something up...I was listening to music and, while doing so, clicked on "Set Default Device". Immediately the sound via headphones ceased, and I'm not able to simply click again to undo what I did. Any and all feedback is appreciated...Thanks...

A:Music through my headphones needed!

Quote: Originally Posted by rubyjen

Hello. I have a simple Acer Aspire netbook with Realtek Audio Manager. I currently use USB headphones (due to a bad connection in the standard headphone jack). Of course the audio manager is very simplified, but I still managed to mess something up...I was listening to music and, while doing so, clicked on "Set Default Device". Immediately the sound via headphones ceased, and I'm not able to simply click again to undo what I did. Any and all feedback is appreciated...Thanks...

right click speaker >playback devices>right click show disabled devices.

There should be speakers, and headphones. chose which ever you want as default.
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/132997-music-through-my-headphones-needed.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello everybody I don't know how to ask for help actually First my sound specs soundcard Creative SB X FI Xtreme Gamer headphones Sennheiser HD Logitech X- When i use the for music i use the option from the Creative Control Panel But when i start a game and there is already leaved the sound is very very bad i always use the headphones for gaming So i have to close the game go back into Creative Control Panel set the headphones option etc Thats very annoying actually Now i have some questions about that should i get new headphones Should i get another sound card Maybe another instead sistem 5.1 gaming / headphones / Or maybe is there some quot switcher hardware quot which give me the option to change from the Creative Control Panel - headphones when i'm already into the game Maybe the best way to do is to get some new headphones What do you think guys headphones / 5.1 / gaming How would you advice me Thank you very much

A:headphones / 5.1 / gaming

I have a creative system, I created a shortcut to the desktop for the Creative control panel so it is easy to switch.
Or if you have the money for a good set of 5.1 headphones then get them. See if you can try a pair first from a friend, to see how they perform.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/285778-headphones-5-1-gaming.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all,

Ive been using Roccat Kave all my life and IMO its the best for best quality sound for games like Call of duty games. Are there any other good ones you guys recommend? Please do share your opinions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589442/pc-best-gaming-headphones/
Relevancy 56.33%

What do you think a good brand of headphones are?(for gaming) and why?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphones-for-gaming.380223/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey

Theres a few things like this around but not exactly same.

I want to play my music through my speakers and have mumble (like vent) through my headphones.

Currently i just plug my headphones which are simply ones ending with what i think its the 3.5mm jack into my Logitech Z4 speaker remote.
I then of course have my Z4 plugged into the back of my computer (just the one green wire)

Not to sure if this is possible...

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P AMD 790X Socket AM2+ High Def Audio ATX Motherboard

ty

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/music-through-speakers-chat-through-headphones-462767.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey everyone I am wondering why some balanced is headphones! Music through from songs not songs are not balanced through headphones I thought it was my Bose QC s not producing balanced songs and then I thought it was my version of the song that was not producing balanced songs but it was in fact the actual song I was listening to quot What Makes your Beautiful quot by One Direction and it is clearly louder Music from songs is not balanced through headphones! on the right side of the headphones I do not know why Is every song different in that it chose to produce more sound through the right headphone instead of balancing the audio PS Which song any song that produces a clean balanced sound coming from both sides of the headphone I want to test my QC s and make sure it is indeed balanced from both sides I tried many songs and it does seem like my right side of the QC is producing a bit of a louder sound PSS My audio is indeed balance through Control Centre Thanks in advance

A:Music from songs is not balanced through headphones!

Find audio that's in Mono, not Stereo. If the right side is still louder when playing something that is in Mono, then there could be something wrong with the headphones.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/281809-music-songs-not-balanced-through-headphones.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Was not sure where to post this since the Gaming Forum is listed under the Software section. Anyway, so my son's birthday is coming up soon and I'd like to get him a nice gaming headset in the $50-75 range. I have done a lot of research but there are a ton of mixed reviews on so many different makes and models. So I come here looking for your input.

1. I am looking for decent build quality especially concerning the mic and headband. I have lost count of how many people reporting loose to frayed wires that makes the mic useless after two months.

2. Over the ear and not on the ear. Trying to eliminate ear fatigue as much as possible.

Not sure what else to ask. Thanks.

A:Need Gaming Headphones for Laptop

Do you want your kid to be silent to bystanders when he's using them? He'll need 'closed-back' headphones. Otherwise, 'open-back' gives better sound overall, but leaks a little.

Some good brands are Turtle Beach or Razer. I don't know of any specific models, but I have the Razer Carachias and it's pretty damn neat.

Don't bother with 'surround sound' gimmicks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-gaming-headphones-for-laptop.199526/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys I would like to purchase a pair of headphones which would offer new pair of A gaming headphones? the best sound quality of both worlds I mainly use my headphones for gaming hours and listening to music hours I pretty much do a even amount of both of my hobbies each day Would the AKG K be ideal for these types of environments More info on the AKG K I was currently in the market for a gaming headset But as i came across these headphones these seem the better viable options AS if i A new pair of gaming headphones? were to purchase A new pair of gaming headphones? a gaming headset i would only be able to A new pair of gaming headphones? enjoy one of my hobbies I know these headphones aren t designed for gaming but the headphones offer good bass and response time which is essential in gaming My question to you is i currently game on a Sony plays station would these headphones be compatible with the Sony plays station More info on Sony plays station One connectivity that i am certain that the Sony plays station supports is USB Now i know that the headphones do not come with a USB adaptor quote me if i am wrong but is it possible to buy one of these for this headphone Or some other kind of adaptor that will enable the headphones to work with the Sony plays station Again I m sure that the Sony plays station has more connectivity so could you please research this Another question i would like to ask is say for example these headphones are not compatible with the Sony plays station Could you guys recommend one which performs similar Also if i were to buy this headphone and use it for gaming would i get the same gaming experience as if i were using a gaming headset By that i mean quot you can hear people sneaking up behind you quot with a gaming headset would this be the same for the headphones My budget is Thanks to all that contribute nbsp

A:A new pair of gaming headphones?

I'm not sure if the PS3 supports USB headsets like a PC does. I also don't know for sure that the USB ports on the console are 2.0, because the only thing I use them for are charging the controllers. I could try my USB headset a little later to test it out... but most USB headsets just convert to regular 3.5mm jacks anyways. If you have an audio receiver you could use optical audio with the PS3 and then connect your headset that way. I actually use my PC's sound card as my receiver and connect my phones through the computer. Of course I need the computer on when I use the PS3 but there are a number of options with any headset.

As far as actual headsets go, there are a LOT of options and tiers in terms of quality. I have the GameCom 777 by Plantronics and they are plenty good for what I need them for. Those AKG's seem really nice from the reviews but are very expensive. I paid well under $100 for my headset and they are by far the best I've owned. Just go with what you like...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-new-pair-of-gaming-headphones.149843/
Relevancy 55.9%

Could you guys recommend some good gaming headphones for my desktop I d like something sturdy and -- well -- loud My neighbours just brought home a cute bouncing baby boy their first His mother had me carrry him for a while and he introduced himself to gaming Recommendations for headphones me with a great gob of drool which -- strangely enough -- I found adorable Anyways the kid s arrival next door means the end of my days playing games at almost full volume on speakers My PC Recommendations for gaming headphones is set up in the bedroom at a spot where I m sure the noise just goes through Recommendations for gaming headphones the wall as though it weren t there I don t want to disturb the child s nap time I don t want to move my PC anywhere else in my cramped apartment either So I m about to put my speakers away now and I need some good gaming headphones to replace them I ve taken a look at a few on the internet but would like some recommendations from TS members Thanks PS Not sure this post belongs here If it doesn t then I apologize to the board s administrators for the mistake nbsp

A:Recommendations for gaming headphones

A4Tech cheap ergonomic headphones would by my top choice. I have here on my PC an A4Tech model T-120 and HS-23

T-120

http://a4tech.com/product.asp?m=p5&cid=221&scid=221&id=673

HS-23

http://a4tech.com/product.asp?m=p5&cid=221&scid=221&id=475

Comparing, the loudest would be HS-23 with good measures of bass even on Dolby Surround environment. I think it's enough to give the baby his good night sleep considering you don't even need an expensive one.

Just check the links below the images for more specification.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-for-gaming-headphones.183174/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey guys, just looking for some advice on headphones and soundcard for a friend.

He plays alot of online fps games and is looking at getting a new sound set up but doesnt have loads of money at the moment. He is looking at about 80-90 in total.

Is it possible to get a decent soundcard and set of headphones for this price or is it best to just go for a good set of usb headphones?
Any help and recommend some products would be great cheers guys, only 2 sound cards i really saw that could be considered is the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music and the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 7.1 EAX Sound Card.

Im not exactly an expert on sound cards...thats why im here!

Any help would be great thx

A:New soundcard and headphones for gaming

here is a great CHEAP sound card from a decent company that supports all the major gaming features such as EAX turtle beach 5.1 24 bit sound card and it is 24 bit like the audigy cards.

and here's a link for some nice headphones http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826275005 they are noise cancelling (very nice for gaming) and have a nice long cord. good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-soundcard-and-headphones-for-gaming.56591/
Relevancy 55.9%

I need advice or things that will help me make my decision between:
icemat siberias (white no usb soundcard)
Sennheiser HD-515 Audiophile 500 Series Headphones
I mainly need my headphones for games, ( i play css and cod2 for the most part)

Relevancy 55.47%

I like to listen to music but I don't want to miss text, mail or call alerts, my WP immediately mutes all alerts. I've looked for settings to change this but can't seem to find any. Not sure which model it is (is a work phone and we call it the guvnor) but It's the net version of the old 1520, like a phablet.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436221-why-does-my-wp-silence-alerts-when-i-listen-music-via-headphones.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm planning on having 2 pairs of headphones. A set for gaming, a set for listening to music and everything else. I'm planning to attempt producing music in the future. I am currently choosing between an Audio-Technica ATH-M50 and ATH-AD700. Or maybe even an ATH-AD900, if that's worth the extra ?100. What do you think?

A:Require advice on audiophile/music headphones

I never had that brand, so I can't compare, but I doubt that they would be any better than Sennheiser.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/236679-require-advice-audiophile-music-headphones.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Gday Okay here's the deal I listen to my MP 's and have Warcraft The Frozen Throne set up to play via my speakers I have a headset I use mainly to listen to online streaming of my TV Shows and of course Skype and jump Playing Speakers Music Headphones will into Through Yahoo Messenger There have been no updates for my sound card and also no updates from Microsoft Music Playing Through Speakers will jump into Headphones of late But all of a sudden when I am watching a TV Show my MP will start playing through the headset The problem I am having is I used to shut down winamp reset the MP to play through the speakers then default the playback to my headset and continue watching my TV Now for some reason if I change the settings in the Sound from speakers then back to the headset I lose all sound on my TV Shows The main reason this is a problem is that most TV Shows need time to buffer before I can watch them And the only fix I have found at the moment is to shutdown Mozilla reopen it and start over My browser of choice is Mozilla Firefox Any ideas as to why this has started happening

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/301944-music-playing-through-speakers-will-jump-into-headphones.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey everyone I have windows -bit and am on an Inspiron MT I m trying to figure out how to use my headphones as a default communication device and my speakers my Skype music and my with speakers, headphones? I do from How hear for everything else Headphones Plantronics Gamercom Speakers Logitech VIA High Def Audio that s what it says on the sound thing in my control panel I already have two audio outputs and both of my devices are plugged in The problem is I can t hear them at the same time When I go to quot manage audio How do I hear music from my speakers, and Skype with my headphones? devices quot in Control Panel it just shows my headphone options When I unplug my headphones it shows the speaker options I can t seem to find a way to split the sound apart or How do I hear music from my speakers, and Skype with my headphones? make one a default communication device doesn t How do I hear music from my speakers, and Skype with my headphones? show both at the same time Is there rd party software I should download Any advice is greatly appreciated I will frequent this site BTW - not just signing up for one question nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-hear-music-from-my-speakers-and-skype-with-my-headphones.972113/
Relevancy 55.04%

I had my new Bose headphones working on my laptop last week and of course windows updated and now I lost music through my headphones. I still can pair the headphones to the laptop and they work fine with microphone function but I cannot get them to turn on the function to play music. I have searchede for previous drivers and tried to roll back but as soon as I pair device it installs new drivers that wont allow me to play music through my headphones. Tried two different headphones and neither will play music. $1200 laptop and wont play bluetooth music. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Lost-bluetooth-audio-music-to-new-Bose-headphones/td-p/5594857
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey guys,

I am looking for a good headset for my PC. I would like to spend less than $50 and would like to use it for TeamSpeak (gaming) and possibly some minor usage through Skype. Can any of you guys recommend a good model? Thank you.

Relevancy 54.18%

I have an Inspiron 15R 5521 and just recently my laptop decided it doesn't want to recognize my headphones. I updated my Laptop to Windows 10 to see if that would do anything, it didn't. I updated the audio drive, also did nothing.
I have no clue what to do.

A:Laptop doesn't recognize when I put in headphones, only plays music through speakers.

Hello. Test the audio driver to find out if the driver is causing the problem, by switching between the Realtek audio driver and the Windows native audio driver. You have to have a Realtek driver installed to use this test.
1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio".3. Select to "Update Driver Software".4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).8. Click "Next".9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver). 10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, you might not need to restart.[To get back to the Realtek driver, do it again but reverse the names in steps 2 and 7.]If you only have the symptoms with one of the drivers, then the other is at fault. If you have the same symptoms with both audio drivers, then it is very probably not a driver issue.  It could be in the hardware -- either the laptop or the headphones.
This was a known issue with the Inspiron 15R 5521 model when the Realtek 6.0.1.6788 driver was installed. That driver was for Windows 7 & 8. The solution was to install the previous version, 6.0.1.6690. If you think your headphone issue is caused by the driver, you could try installing the 6.0.1.6690 version, using Win7 compatibility mode.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19985188
Relevancy 51.6%

I can't seem to get my custom music to work in games :S what i mean by that is i use Foobar for my own music then i go ingame en turn down the game music so that i can listen to my own music while playing BUT every time i do that the game is muted No Sound at all? must i disable/enable something to make it work? thx in advance

A:Can't play music while gaming

nevermind i fixed it close this

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/94087-cant-play-music-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Well i've read a lot on this forum about this and tryed the sets mentioned in this thread http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic35103.html .

Temp on load:

Specs:
Pent 4 - 2.66
1024mb pc2700 (2x512)
ASUS P4800 Deluxe
RADEON 9600xt

I had this problem on my older comp, and the only hardware i carried over to this was the CPU,HDDs and the RAM.

Included four minidumps.

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas.

A:BSOD - Happens when gaming, playing music etc.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

3 minidumps crash at SACMXP1.sys. Your usb modem driver. They have a bugcheck of FE. They also reference bf2.exe.

Try updating your modem drivers, or use a different modem. Do you only get the problem with BF2?

1 minidump crashes at USBPORT.SYS. Usb port driver. It has a bugcheck of 44.

0x000000FE: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

0x00000044: MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-happens-when-gaming-playing-music-etc.47557/
Relevancy 50.31%

My specs:
Proc:q6600
Hdd:250 GB
Graphics:8800GT
Ram:2x2GB

I runned memtest and it always passed it...when i play games or listen to musik or do something else it never happens.....Just when the computer is idle and rarely when i am browsing...The most interseting thing is that i used to have XP on my machine and it never crashed in the beginning and it all went well 2-3 months without crashing before that same problem started.Then i installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 and it worked without BSOD for months and then it started to happen now, too...sometimes 2-3 days past without any problems and then sometimes it happens twice a day...Very unusual problem...here are the last two dupms
Thanks in advance

A:BSOD when idle,never when gaming or listening to music

The second BSOD suggests an issue with your Kapersky protection program. Also, your Kaspersky Lab BOot Guard Driver - klbg.sys - is from 2008 and should be updated

Quote:
Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: Free AntiVirus
- uninstall the Norton from your system
- remove any remnants of Norton using this free tool: Download and run the Norton Removal Tool
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's

If you wish to reinstall Kaspersky after the troubleshooting is done, please download a fresh copy from the Kaspersky website.

Also, please update your Adobe products (if there's no update available, uninstall them and then install a freshly downloaded copy).

Here's a summary of the BSOD's:

Code:
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Sat Jan 23 12:36:04.286 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:08:44.252
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 82cf02cd, a2fe9b60, 0}
Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiEmulateAtlThunk+1c9 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: spoolsv.exe
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Sat Jan 23 22:22:25.832 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:08:41.799
BugCheck A, {0, ff, 1, 82c3a86c}
Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiServiceExit+7c )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: avp.exe
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/57992-bsod-when-idle-never-when-gaming-listening-music.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey guys, I've recently ordered a new PC and it should be here in a week. I'm a gamer and I like to write music and will finally be able to record with my new system. I'm just lacking a sound card. So basically I'm looking for a card that will be awesome for gaming and music. Any suggestions out there? I know I will need a PCI-E card. I'm looking to spend $150-200. Any help would be much appreciated

A:Sound card for gaming and making music

This is probably the best one out there: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132010

That is the best of both worlds. There is a better card for gaming, but the Essence above is much better for creating music and phenomenal for gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-for-gaming-and-making-music.191256/
Relevancy 50.31%

"System encountered uncorrectable hardware error" BSOD error 100000124. Happens while gaming or listening to music. Need help figuring out the exact cause of the BSOD. Greatly appreciated.

A:BSOD error 0x00000124 During gaming and music!

Welcome to SevenForums

Your dumps indicate BCCode 124 which is mainly caused by defective hardware especially the processor or RAM.

Stop any overclocking if any. Run Prime 95 to test your CPU. Carefully the instructions in this tutorial: CPU - Stress Test with Prime95. Run 3 separate tests, one on each of the settings (Blend, Small FFTs, Large FFTs).
Note that this test may overheat the CPU, ensure proper cooling.

Run a RAM test for at least 7 passes: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Post back with your results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300850-bsod-error-0x00000124-during-gaming-music.html
Relevancy 49.88%

hey guys

i just recently bought a new rig for gaming and it keeps freezing,
ive managed to narrow it down to playing music in the background while playing games, ive updated all drivers, chipset, gfx, sound etc but it keeps happening.

im getting no logs in the eventviewer, no BSoD, just full system freeze and have to power off by the button.

any ideas?

pc specs;

intel core 2 quad q9400 @2.66 ghz
2x 2gb ddr2 ram 800mhz
nvidia geforce gts250 1gb
onboard sound
asus p5n-d 750i sli mobo
500gb hdd
700W EZCool Tornado

when freezing all core clocks are around 35~50c if that means anything atall

i been pulling my hair out over this for 3 days and have no idea what to do

A:Windows freezes playing music in the backgroung while gaming

just managed to get it to happen again sorry for double post, with eveything displayed on screen,

windows task manager:
CPU Usage 27%
memory 1.36gb

pyshical memory:
total 3325
cached 2221
free 1

kernel memory:
total 128
paged 82
non paged 45

performace and reliability monitor:
CPU 26% 100% maximum frequency
Disk 0kb/s
network 48kb/s
memory 0 hard faults/s 42% used physical memory

Core Temp:
core #0 51c
core #1 50c
core #2 47c
core #3 44c

full system freeze playing music in background

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-freezes-playing-music-in-the-backgroung-while-gaming-450825.html
Relevancy 49.88%

WELL i went ahead and ordered these for my pc tell me what you think and how good they will be..

* 1 of: Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 5-Piece Speaker System with Subwoofer

* 1 of: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Card ( 70SB046000007 )

from what i heard these 2 together will be loud as hell and those speakers are the best out by logitech..so give me your ideas on these items i got..should be getting them friday did a 1 day delivery.

A:Are these speakers and soundcard good for loud music and gaming?

Well those speakers are generally for people that like good sound rather then just "loud" noises but it's also very capable noise-wise so you should be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-speakers-and-soundcard-good-for-loud-music-and-gaming.55541/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there,
When I use headphones with my Surface Pro (Win 8) I cant hear the voices in my videos - the background music/sound effects are just too loud.

How can I fix this? I have tried using the Win 8 Video player as well as VLC Player and I still get the same issue.

I have tried the headphones on my iPhone and have no problems.

It has been a long time since i've used a Windows computer (usually have a Mac) so sorry if this is a silly question.

Thanks in advance
Nathan

A:Voice not loud with headphones - background music too loud

You cou;d try using Winamp as it has an equalizer. Most DVDs the sound track and effects are pumped up compared to dialog. It drives me crazy, but short of demuxing, fixing the audio yourself then remuxing, trying to boost the voice frequencies is about all you can do.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/37923-voice-not-loud-headphones-background-music-too-loud.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello all I'm having a problem with my turtle beach x 's and just headphones in general in my computer i got turtle its the cant computer, not with use headphones sure headphones. pretty beach headphones quite cant use headphones with computer, pretty sure its not the headphones. a while ago and i haven't needed to use the mic until now before i have tried using it but it has never worked i dismissed it as a problem with the headphones but didn't care because i didn't really need to use the mic no i would like to talk to my friends in-game but my headphones still don't work i tried plugging them into the ports on my case and motherboard but to no avail then i tried to use some old crappy Logitech headphones to see if it is a problem with my PC and they didn't work either the nature of the problem is as follows i know its not a mic problem because i can hear myself fine when i flip the little switch when i plug my headphones in it doesn't show up in the recording devices even with show disabled unplugged checked i don't really know how to troubleshoot beyond that so i would appreciate your help thanks in advance Theweasels

A:cant use headphones with computer, pretty sure its not the headphones.

UPDATE: I installed skype to see if i could get it to work, and it said could not detect sound card. i have a really old mobo, so could it not have build in capabilities for recording? do i need a sound card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/327792-cant-use-headphones-computer-pretty-sure-its-not-headphones.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello everybody, i heard that it will require soldering new headphones with OEM ones in this thread:

http://bit.ly/moD6Q3

Just to be able to switch tracks and get handsfree option. Otherwise i don't believe good quality earbuds from Sony would be able to provide handsfree and track switching. One guy recommended Sony MDR E829V, but since they are not in-ear earbuds, i found similar ones called Sony MDREX36V which are silicone earbuds and have in-line control.

Now question:

They have in-line remote and if i will solder them with old ones which have song switcher remote, will i have 2 remotes on one cable in the end?

I have 0.1 experience in soldering things.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/htcs-oem-headphones-are-too-big-for-my-ears-i-need-new-reliable-headphones.1004252/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello,

In my computer i had plugged in two headphones.
One is for my brother, and one is for me.

So sometimes we used to hear speeches,music etc... at same time.

But sometimes i could feel to play football games.

And its sounds will be disturbance for him. So any solution for this?

Different sounds for each headphones?

A:Two headphones different sound for each headphones?

mishab, welcome to the forums.

What you;re looking to do isn't possible without two sound cards, and then only if the game/program being used has the option in it to use an audio device other than the Windows default.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/106136-two-headphones-different-sound-each-headphones.html
Relevancy 38.7%

The Sonos Music System can stream music from the internet to ever room in your house wirelessly. To do this one of its components is connected to a router using ethernet cable. However I want to stream music from my external Hard drive via my Thomson TG782T Router to the Sonos Music System.
My Question is: Do I just connect the external Hard drive to the USB port of the Thomson TG782T Router or is it more complicated.
In the absence of detailed instruction (Thomson TG782T Router Manual) i need advise on how to go about it (i.e. test steaming music from this Ext Hard Drive via the router to a PC), prior to purchasing the Sonos Music System.

Thanks is advance.

A:Stream music from External Hard Drive via router and Sonos Music System

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stream-music-from-external-hard-drive-via-router-and-sonos-music-system.992482/
Relevancy 38.7%

I apologize if this has already been addressed. I honestly don't know what I'm doing. My Vista's not playing any of the music files on my computer or my iPod on any music player I use (iTunes, WinAmp, the Rhapsody that came with it), though it plays anything else that's online. Other sounds on the computer are also playing (MSN, AIM, system sounds). What it does exactly is, upon clicking any song in the media library, it shows intention to play it but then stays at 0:00, while recognizing the length of song, name of artist, etc. Did I miss something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-not-playing-any-music-files-plays-online-music-perfectly.666314/
Relevancy 38.7%

The Music partition download drive hard music and to Videos exterior from other day I posted my problem download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition with getting a new computer which had win installed When downloading all my backups which had download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition been on an exterior drive they ended up in strange places Suddenly I had libraries and the library had folders but all the folder were named differently No more My Documents download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition my this my that Instead they dropped the my which by itself would not have bee a big deal but then they put my document files into my music folder Well that got me mad I'm a head-hunter and I keep everthing in Outlook Contacts In those contacts I have links to my candidates' resumes folders I also have links from my clients to their folders However after downloading having thought I had done everything by the letter I found the links didn't work What a mess I have over candidates categorized by qualifications I have clients in a similar situation Their links don't work either Then some very nice people from this site suggested I create partitions and lose the libraries At first I was frightened I had heard of partitions but had never been courageous enough to actually try them out I was also angry with Microsoft because they changed things for no reason Time is money and I'm losing money when I have to dick around with the computer instead of on the phone head-junting Feeling defeated I bit the bullet downloaded the software MiniTool Partition It seemed easy enough but I have run into some snags In my need to get organized I deleted all the music in the music folder under libraries And I deleted the My Documents folder from there also I need to make E C amp E Conn much smaller Look C It's huge I need that space for my pictures I don't think I need H Backups because I back up to an external hard drive Disk is the external backup I think When I double click I see all my files in there including my music folder with all my music How do I get them into F Music and Videos partition Any help would be greatly appreciated Oh I almost forgot When I get a new resume in the email I generally place it in a folder for later reading Now I can't place it in E C amp E I get a message saying something like I need administrator permission Well I am the administrator Anyway - baby steps Can you help me to tranfer the music from my external drive to F Music and Videos

A:download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition

Quote: Originally Posted by rikkidegraz

Anyway - baby steps. Can you help me to tranfer the music from my external drive to F: Music and Videos?

Normally, you would just drag them (copy, not move) with the mouse--from the external drive to F:Music and Videos. Can't you do that? But I may be misunderstanding you.

However:

First I would decide how many partitions you ultimately want to end up with on your internal drive.

You need the one named system

You need C

You don't need the others.

Plan 1: put all of your personal files on C and subdivide C with a folder structure: Music, Pictures, Video, Work, whatever suits you. 2 total partitions.

Plan 2: put only Windows and programs on C, and put all data on D. Subdivide D with a similar folder structure. 3 total partitions.

Plan 3: Put Windows on C. Use several different data partitions D, E, F, and so on. One for each data type (music, video, pictures, etc). 4 or more total partitions.

I would lean toward plan 2. You seem to have chosen plan 3.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each of those 3 plans. Plan 3 works, but having a bunch of partitions can be wasteful because you can never anticipate the proper size and growth rate of the data type on a partition.

Your pictures partition is already 80% full.

If you know for sure that you want to stay with those particular partitions, you should be able to use that tool to resize them.

Or you could delete all but system and C, then shrink C to maybe 80, then make new D, E, F, etc.

So you have a lot of control.

If you have everything backed up to the external, I would disconnect it temporarily. That way you can't make an error and foul that drive up accidentally with the tool.

You had best confirm what is on H:backups.

What is supposedly on E:C&E Conn and why that peculiar name?

Report back with your ideas and results of moving those files with a mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/199250-download-music-exterior-hard-drive-music-videos-partition.html
Relevancy 38.7%

after recent/last update of groove music app in the month of july 2016, my handset do not show any music stored in my sd card. i have reset my phone no.of times. it either shows few of the music or it shows finding your music.because of this handsets gets too hot and at the end my phone battery end up very fast.pls help me in this

A:afterlast update of groove music app in july, my handset do not show any music stored in my sd card.

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question after recent/last update of groove music app in the month of july 2016, my handset do not show any music stored in my sd card. i have reset my phone no.of times. it either shows few of the music or it shows finding your music.because of this handsets gets too hot and at the end my phone battery end up very fast.pls help me in this Your phone is desperetly tryin to update all its core apps to 10 last vrs., then cachin and syncin them. Let it finish his work plugged and wifi connected, don't make too much reset too close!!!! It will take a couple of days for stabylizing
That's a general rule, especially for older models

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435366-afterlast-update-groove-music-app-july-my-handset-do-not-show-any-music-stored-my-sd-card.html
Relevancy 38.27%

On this site, and there are many others like it people turn a regular song into something that sounds like it came from Nintendo... What program do they use?

http://jesusnes.ytmnd.com/

Relevancy 38.27%

I have about 2000 songs on Media Monkey, sorted into playlists, and I also have about 150 songs on Amazon Music. There may be a simple way of adding the Amazon tracks to MM, but I just don't see how it is done. I can't drag and drop, so is there another way? Can anyone help, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/send-music-tracks-from-amazon-music-to-media-monkey.1164973/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey guys, on my laptop i currently have this issue where my music seems to come up when your in the folder. its in blue writing and has a number in brackets which im presuming is how many files ive got in there or something like that. My computer does not have this and i also wish to remove this from my laptop without having to restore to default folder settings (although that seems to be greyed out to despite me making changes earlier)

A:Music folder displaying a my music option and a number in brackets

Hello MajorFoley,

You should be able to click on View (menu bar) -> Group by -> (none) to change the folder view to what you wanted instead.

File and Folder Arrangement - Group by - Sort by - Arrange by

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309139-music-folder-displaying-my-music-option-number-brackets.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Not being that experienced, I'm a little confused w/ the way the Library sorts CDs into genres vs the way I could sort the Music Folders. They don't seem to relate. For example, the Library lists an album under "Rock" that I would like to move to another genre but I cannot figure a way to do this. On the other hand, I know I could play around w/ the folders so that this particular CD is in the right place. However, I'm not sure that if I take the time to organize my Music folders whether this will have any impact on how the Library sorts them.
If you can shed some light on this I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks, Nick.

A:Solved: Windows media music library vs music folders

Mp3 music files have tags that are kept inside the files themselves. The most common ones are Artist, Album, Track Title, Track Number, Release Year and Genre. When you put a file into the WMP library, the tags are read and stored, along with the file location.

So the tag data is what shows up in the WMP library and you can sort on various fields depending on which version you have. But the files can be put anywhere and named anyway you like. Most people use a certain naming convention like Artist-TrackNumber-Title.

If you want to sort the folders by genre you could do that, but you'll have to do it manually. You can do some manipulating of folders and filenames with tag editors. If you want to give that a try get Mp3Tag.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-media-music-library-vs-music-folders.839137/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi There,
I have all my music uploaded onto OneDrive music folder.
Windows 8.1 Music app displays all my music on OneDrive for streaming. There's an option to download individual songs for local storage but that takes too long.. is there a way to download every single song through the Music app onto my Surface Pro 3 so that I have offline access to my music?
Thanks!

A:Force Music app to download all streaming music from OneDrive

Yes, you don't need any tools or apps, just go to OneDrive app or folder (in file explorer) right click on that > make it available offline! Now it'll start downloading everything in that folder + if you add anything to it from another device it'll be downloaded automatically

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/356729-force-music-app-download-all-streaming-music-onedrive.html
Relevancy 38.27%

First, I wanted to listen to a clip on Amazon and I clicked "listen" for Windows Media Player and then another time for Real Player, since I have BOTH. All it would do was save it to my computer (entitled "hurl") and then I couldn't open it. It didn't even give the option of opening it--that was "grayed out."

Also, is there ANYwhere that I can just download a song without taking out a bank loan or giving them my firstborn? I went to Yahoo radio, too, and went through the sign-in procedure and then it wouldn't complete. The button just did nothing. I don't plan to do a lot of downloading music. I just want to get a song occasionally.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Solved: Listen to music clips or download music

Here is a link to free radio stations in the UK (I don't know where you are based)
http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/
Scroll down to the player that you use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-listen-to-music-clips-or-download-music.376079/
Relevancy 38.27%

i tried to drag it but it wouldt let me

A:How do i put windows media player music to >> My Music Folder

What version of Windows do you have and which version of WMP?

What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to put music files that are in My Music into the WMP library?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-put-windows-media-player-music-to-my-music-folder.862137/
Relevancy 38.27%

ok so im hearing comming from my speakers, some music, but mostly commercials. i was browsing the web and all the sudden i hear "buy a mcdonalds big mac today!" i dont get it i went to task manager and nothing looks weird. here's ahttp://img404.imageshack.us/i/audiosnap.jpg screen shot of active tasks
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

but when i went to audio mixer there is a volume tab for "name not available" and if i mute it music goes away....i dont get it. help!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:HELP! music is playing in the background but no music program is open!

Are you close to a radio station's transmitter site and antenna? That sounds like "RFI" (Radio Frequency Interference" getting into your speaker system.

When you get it, unplug the speakers from the PC but leave them powered on and the volume up and see if you still get it. If you do it's RFI and the speaker system is picking it up or it's coming through the AC power line to the speakers. If this just started I would suspect either a bad cable ground or just a dirty plug connection somewhere in the system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/93651-help-music-playing-background-but-no-music-program-open.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Is anyone else trying to use groove with music on a network share and finds after a random time it loses all found songs. If so is the music on share that is on dynamic or static up. Trying to figure why this happens Posted from an Oric-1

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438815-groove-music-loses-music-network-share.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Im mad that my My Music folder is empty, how do i put my windows media player music in it? whenever i download music i just go to "Add to windows media player", how do i bring that to "My music", thx

A:How do i put windows media player music to >> My Music Folder

i do it manually. if you right click the name of the song in your windows media player, and find the file location, go to that location, and manually dragndrop that file into your my music folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-put-windows-media-player-music-to-my-music-folder.566306/
Relevancy 38.27%

I am having a problem that tons of people are having with the install of the music manager but upon looking for solutions they either work for a small amount of people or they are pages long out of most peoples ability range mine at least and I am avg at least I am first getting an error code and then quot error the instance name passed was not recognized as valid by a wmi data provider quot -- both revolve around the service quot Windows Event Log quot not running I went into the registry on two keys and edited two permissions to allow to no avail I rebooted in Help Google / Music Install Problems...Please Music Manager safe mode ran cmd renamed some file to file upon restarting it is supposed to generate a new file Can anyone Google Music / Music Manager Install Problems...Please Help help One person said it may involve a new installation please no That can't be it I just did one two weeks ago Thanks so much And Happy Thanksgiving Eric

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/google-music-music-manager-install-problems-please-help-614206.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi anybody can help me how to get Metro Music App to read and play my music library from Synology j network drive Thing is it works fine for standard windows media player so why the heck does it not work for Metro Music App When I select a song from the explorer it is played by metro but where are all the other files I have a Dutch - not yet supported region - Windows Account so cant login music and xbox I have added App music read on Metro Music drive not network does synology shared music folder to my desktop music library but explorer keeps warning me that some features may not Metro Music App does not read music on network drive work so I have also indexed the folder but still no success It gives me the creeps these complications and Windows may be loosing another user to the Apple platform which would mean spending a lot of money to replace my windows home system but at least everything is compatible - I guess please help I tried a lot already

A:Metro Music App does not read music on network drive

Originally Posted by sjengie

Hi, anybody can help me how to get Metro Music App to read and play my music library from Synology 212j+ network drive?
Thing is it works fine for standard windows 8 media player so why the heck does it not work for Metro Music App?

When I select a song from the explorer it is played by metro but where are all the other files?
I have a Dutch - not yet supported region - Windows Account, so cant login music and xbox.
I have added synology shared music folder to my desktop music library but explorer keeps warning me that some features may not work so I have also indexed the folder but still no success

It gives me the creeps these complications and Windows may be loosing another user to the Apple platform (which would mean spending a lot of money to replace my windows home system but at least everything is compatible - I guess)
please help, I tried a lot already

Hi there
Goede Morgen !!

Remember that W8 is still technically in BETA so there is more to come out.
Since multi-media and connectivity is very important this I'm sure will be fixed in the final builds of W8.

I shouldn't base your purchasing requirements against what's in a BETA build of an OS. -- Wait till the Final before making that decision -- and meantime use something like Winamp or plenty of other free music playing apps most of which can also stream to and from smart phones etc.

Cheers (Tot Ziens)

Jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/5731-metro-music-app-does-not-read-music-network-drive.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello!
Searched the tutorial-collection from my problem, but couldn't find one there. So...

I've got my music-collection in a WD World Edition (White Light) -network drive. The path to the music is:

Network\MYBOOKWORLD\Public\Shared Music

The network drive also carries my photos and my videos.

I understand that I can make symbolic link from that location to the Music -library and that way the music should appear in the the Xbox Music -metro app, because I'd really like to use that app (and other metro apps for photo and video).

The problem is that I don't know how to make that symbolic link. I honestely don't even know wheather it works in W8 or only W7.

Can someone confirm this could be done similar way you can make it happen with SD-card.

A:Help! Music from network drive to Xbox Music App

Hi MSalo,

To create a symbolic link in windows follow these steps,

1. Go to your Music library and create a sub folder (Can be called anything)
2. Right click on the folder and select Include in Library and then select Music
3. Now delete this sub folder you have just created in the Music folder
4. Open uo command prompt and run as an administrator
5. At the command prompt type the following ...

mklink /d c:\Users\<Username>\Music\<Sub Folder Name> \\Network\MYBOOKWORLD\Public\Shared

6. Press Enter, you should get a message advising the link has been created and that's it

You can repeat this for all libraries you have setup in Windows

Regards,

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/11855-help-music-network-drive-xbox-music-app.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I have Windows 7 Home and when I go to Pictures all my Music files are in there as well.They are, as normal, in Music, which means I have got 14gb of Music files in there twice. This has happened fairly recently and I have not installed any music files since I bought the computer and put them in there about six months ago. I tried deleting them, one folder at a time from Pictures, unfortunately it removed some folders from both Pictures and Music, and others deleted normally. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

A:Music files appearing on Pictures as well as Music.

Panic over. I stumbled across the answer.
Start/Right click Pictures/Left click Properties/highlight unwanted folders.Left click remove.
I still don't know how it selected Include in the first place.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-files-appearing-on-pictures-as-well-as-music.937082/
Relevancy 37.41%

I am not sure if the title accurately tells what my issue is. I hope I can explain it.

When listening to music on my PC, it does not matter if I use Winamp, Songbird, Quicktime, Windows Media Player, or any other software. Every so often, there appears some sort of distortion, like the drive that the music is on slows down. I dont know if it is the driver or what. Its hard to explain. You have to hear it. I dont think its the mp3 file itself, cause I could play a song and it will be perfect, but then the next time I play it, it will distort. It is really driving my nuts cause I can't find the reason for it.

Anybody out here got any ideas? even crazy ones? Thanks.

Cardnut

A:Odd distortion while playing music in any music player on Win 7 PC

Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with application and system logs that can indicate application conflicts, application errors, system corruption, or system critical errors to help us determine if any of these are causing problems with your music playing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209442-odd-distortion-while-playing-music-any-music-player-win-7-pc.html
Relevancy 37.41%

First: I recently had all my cds stolen and am now having to replace them by burning copies of them. I went out and bought some "Music CD-R" to see if it makes a difference. I only bought like 30 as a trial, but haven't used them yet. So the question is, does it actually matter if you use the music specific ones or can you use the normal data CD-R's with no loss in quality?

Second: What is the best program to just rip CD's? I have an older version of Nero but it doesn't seem to like working on XP a lot. Right now I'm stuck using WMP to upload them at 192k and then burn them back on with that. Any suggestions are quite welcome.

Relevancy 37.41%

while playing music through groove music i am getting error "0x8007045d ".......................................

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441615-while-playing-music-through-groove-music-i-am-getting-error.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Using the Windows 8.1 music app, I have properly setup my library to load from my second HDD, but it only loads 80 artists out of over 120. Anyone know why and how I could fix it? All my music is properly tagged and in Artist/Year - Album/ folder format.

A:Missing music in the XBox Music App (Metro)

Edit: Nevermind; for some reason having a file marked as AT under file attributes is bad. Not sure why they are marked as temp!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/36340-missing-music-xbox-music-app-metro.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Won`t allow me to download for personal usage music on my computer . Say`s I need a license to download music.

A:music media won't let me download music for personal use

Here's two free search sites I use. Use their search box. The results link directly to free downloads:http://www.downloads.nl/local/en/mp...http://www.mp3chief.com/This is a directory listing of songs someone put up:http://www.moistworks.com/mp3/

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/music-media-wont-let-me-download-music-for-personal-use/203050.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi I recently migrated to Windows My music collection stumbled along the way and I had to re-fetch artwork for a few albums in WMP I also Xbox album No art library or in music Music! set it up in iTunes My default app for MP s is WMP As you can see below artwork only appears when in the folder view which somewhat defeats the purpose of libraries in the first place I'd prefer to No album art in music library or Xbox Music! sort them by artist with album art displayed without a folder as it should and as it did in Windows Art appears in folder view but not artist or album view On a related note I recently added many new MP s to my collection When I opened Xbox Music for the first time afterwards it seemed to be downloading art to add it to my older albums all of which have art Then the process was somehow interrupted I believe I closed the app Then when I opened it again none of them had art I would very much appreciate your help

A:No album art in music library or Xbox Music!

Help please?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25914-no-album-art-music-library-xbox-music.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi I had recently replaced my HDD with SSD So I had backed up amp erased all the personal files including music videos etc from respective folders Actually there is no files other than system files programs softwares in the SSD now I had done disk cleanup defrag clearing of temp prefetch folders etc before starting the SSD files :( App present not lists in Music music cloning everything from HDD to SSD After replacement now I could see all my collection of songs Music App lists music files not present in SSD :( music in the Now Playing section of Music App Modern app No music files are actually present for me to locate in any of the folders when I go through for explorer I'm not able to play the music files by clicking it from Music App amp when i delete it from there by right Music App lists music files not present in SSD :( clicking it - temporarily goes away but returns when i close the App and opens it again I had unchecked amp checked the indexing option in the Music folder File Explorer - properties amp restarted system checked But still all the music files are listed in the App Could anyone suggest on how to clear the music file listings from the Music app permanently which are not really present in the system

A:Music App lists music files not present in SSD :(

Try to right click and un-install it. Then install it again from the store. Hopefully that will clear it out.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53105-music-app-lists-music-files-not-present-ssd.html
Relevancy 37.41%

RE: Windows XP Home SP2 with WMP 10 Also all of the music files are stored in WMP 10 as mp3 file format and not wma format. In addition there is no copy protected music, i.e. no DRM.
How do you copy music files from WMP 10 to 'My Music' folder?
Thanks in advance for all your help!
Mike

A:Copy music files from WMP 10 to 'My Music' folder

Hi

Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player and see if you find them there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/copy-music-files-from-wmp-10-to-my-music-folder-132720.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi Everyone,

I have a very basic question. I'm almost embarrased to ask it. But, here it is! When I buy a music CD in the store, how do I put the album into the "Music" folder on my hard drive?

I have Windows Vista and Windows Media Player 11.

Thanks, Darlene

A:Solved: Adding Music to Music Folder

That is called "ripping". Use the "Rip" button at the top (or in the menu, depending what your player skin looks like ).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-adding-music-to-music-folder.789160/
Relevancy 37.41%

First looks at W8 and having difficulty with user interface (non touch computer)

I started the music app and cannot see how to stop the app it self, play music consantly, has forward pause and reverse buttons but I cannot find a way to stop the music (looks like play all is on).

Any help direction much appreciated.

I know I can Pause the music but how to I stop a song (or is it just the pause) and exit???

Relevancy 37.41%
Relevancy 37.41%

So I searched around for a bit and found a few discussions about the Music app crashing but none appear to be the problem I'm having I can open the app and do most things in Music Xbox when crashes app music playing it Search navigate around I can even play music most of the time except for one notable exception When you click on an artist or album the app opens a smaller window in the middle of the app where you can usually Xbox Music app crashes when playing music play the song along with a few other options like Play Top Songs or Explore Artist Whenever I click play from this window the app suddenly closes This does not happen with music that I have files locally on my hard drive it only happens with streaming music I can get streaming music to play as long as I can find a play button elsewhere in the app aside from this window that pops up in the middle of the screen But if a song is already playing I can skip back and forth and navigate around the app I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and this fixes it for a little while but it eventually begins happening again It crashes with zero other apps or programs running I have AVG antivirus running but I disabled that for a while and it still crashes I noticed that when it does crash the Music app doesn't close completely as it's still listed along with other running apps if I hover in the upper left corner and drag my mouse down to view all running apps Thoughts

A:Xbox Music app crashes when playing music

well, you didn't see my post...

app dumping me back to the start screen?

same thing for me. same solution that is a band-aid (uninstalling and reinstalling the app).

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/12001-xbox-music-app-crashes-when-playing-music.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I had a window phone but now I have a android phone and I want to transfer my music I have saved on my windows phone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438899-how-can-i-listen-my-music-xbox-music-another-phone.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi Guys This is my very first post on Windows Vista Forums and Ultimate 64-bit Gaming Windows Vista and Gaming Compatibility I am eager to get into this thread First off Windows Vista Ultimate is the very best you can buy for gaming This features the bit OS version which can process GB of RAM at top speeds you can find in a new OS I would definitely recommend this OS for gaming and none other Now on to the main part of my thread Compatibility Gaming This is the most discussed issue for gamers across the US The problem is how do you get games to work specifically older games on Windows Vista Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Gaming and Compatibility Gaming Ultimate Well there are solutions You could wait until the company of the game makes a OS patch for the game although that could take a while You could go into the game files and put the game into compatibility mode for your OS And You could revert back to an older OS that works for your game Which one would you choose I would choose They are always going to make games work on a newer OS Lets take the game Lord of The Rings Battle for Middle Earth amp Electronic Arts EA has already made a patch for those two that will have more chance of running on Vista If doesn't work then it's the type of computer hardware you are using The hardware would guarantee be outdated In that case just get more recent hardware It's not that difficult With a bit of research common sense and problem solving skills you can get gaming compatibility issues out of your hair I hope this thread has helped a couple of you out there Sincerely alienware Think I helped you out Click the scales Give me some rep Thanks

A:Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Gaming and Compatibility Gaming

Very Smart Post!

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/236286-windows-vista-ultimate-64-bit-gaming-compatibility-gaming.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello,

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this but if not, I'm sure someone will let me know!

I have a lot of music files on my hard drive and because they have come from so many sources over the last few years their file names are inconsistent. I'd like all of the music files to be in the same format in the My Music folder itself and not just in an application such as Win Amp where I can tag the music.

It's driving me crazy (I know it shouldn't!!!) and I am really not interested in changing each one seperately . . .

I know there has to be a program (hopefully, free!) that can do this easily. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much.

A:Organizing Music Files In My Music

Hi, that's always been a problem of mine until I decided to act. I didn't use a program - I spent a whole day renaming, retagging, organizing the files. If you have a program like iTunes which has a music library feature, filenames shouldn't be a problem, but if you're paranoid about filenames(like me), I suggest you do it manually. Delete all entries of the music library(if your player has one), but DON'T DELETE THE FILES. Making subfolders in My Music (ex. by artist, by genre, etc) should help. Once you've renamed everything, re-transfer them to your music library. Done!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164890/organizing-music-files-in-my-music/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have mu music collection music from not Goove music NAS reading on a QNAP NAS This is mapped as a network drive I can add this a loacation for Groove to get it's music from but while it accepts this is doesn t actualkly find any music even though it's there Odd thing the old 'Music' app did work after the upgrade to but then seemed to stop after the recent update when I think 'Groove' replaced it I found this on a MS article If you have music stored on a network or network access storage NAS drive To use a network drive with the Music app The drive must be hosted by a Windows operating system You must have Windows Search and Desktop Experience features installed You must enable Indexing for the share If you have to install or enable these features you may have to rebuild the index for the share to function correctly with the Music app However I don't know if these options are already enabled or how to check Can someone advise Thanks

A:Goove music not reading music from NAS

Just tried Groove, added my NAS . Restarted Groove and it started to load my albums (120GB+). Very slow at adding 'em. Not impressed.

Installed "Kodi" lightning fast at reading and loading all my albums.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/13888-goove-music-not-reading-music-nas.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi, I am new to the forum and Windows 8.

I have a question regarding a new build I have. I am running windows 8 off of a SSD, and have a new HDD that I bought for everything else. I recently transferred my music over from an external HD and now when I attempt to find them in my Xbox app I can't seem to select that drive. It only sees my SSD, and I do not want to install music on that

How do I make it so my apps pull files right from that drive?

Thanks in advance.

A:How do I get music files to be seen in Xbox Music app?

Hey Sawlstone,

Welcome to the forum

have you gone through these procedures:

How to Add Music to Xbox Music on Windows 8, 8.1 or RT | Xbox Music Player - Xbox.com

Hope that helps,

Harry

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/41528-how-do-i-get-music-files-seen-xbox-music-app.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I currently have MusicMatch 10.0. I bought some tracks from their store and tried to transfer the music for a slide show to Adobe Photo Elements 3.0.,but the music will not play. I have no clue what the problem is?
Foolhardy

Relevancy 36.12%

When I was on Windows 8, I transferred all my music from my old pc to my laptop's WMP without any probs. Upgraded to 8.1 and because of some issues I roll-backed to 8.00. I now have to re-transfer all my music from my old pc to my new one again. I can't transfer music from my old pc to WMP on 8.1, my music has been transferred into This PC/Music and it won't let me dragt\copy\move it from there to WMP, Should I just delete it from This PC/Music and do another transfer please?

A:Can't transfer my music from This PC/Music to WMP on lapto

You have to start the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service for that to work, the service has to be ON and you control it from "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Media streaming options"

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/36314-cant-transfer-my-music-pc-music-wmp-lapto.html
Relevancy 36.12%

My question does not seem to fit any of the existing categories.
I would like to know what hardware and software I would need to convert cassetts to cds and how to hook it up.

Relevancy 36.12%

The xbox music app for Windows 8 will not show any of the music in my library. I have narrowed it down to the fact the all my music on a 2nd hard drive.

If I move a couple of songs to the c drive and add that folder to my library, they will show up. However nothing in my library that is on the 2nd hard drive will show up

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

A:Xbox Music App with music on 2nd drive

Make sure your index is searching and indexing those folders on the second drive - Xbox music (and videos, for that matter) only see media that has been indexed by search. You may want to look at the search/indexing options in the control panel to make sure the folders containing your media are being indexed - if they are, give the index a rebuild. That can fix things (I find that on my tablet sometimes).

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/11831-xbox-music-app-music-2nd-drive.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Does anyone know how to sync music with the Windows 8 music app, import playlists or such? It seems very user unfriendly...

A:How to sync music with the Windows 8 Music App?

Hello Chumly248,

I can't tell you at the moment, but I will look into it as soon as I get home...

What are you trying to synch with?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/how-to-sync-music-with-the-windows-8-music-app-675434.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi guys This is my first post while Gigabyte in Gaming GTX970 with SLI G1 gaming BSOD in this forum since I have not received any BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming help from elswhere BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming You guys are my only hope Okay so I recently bought two G Gaming GTX graphics cards The first driver install went bad by windows using its own drivers so I got the Display Driver Uninstaller from dguru scrubbed the drivers in safe mode After restart windows still used its own drivers at first but everything worked and I updated with the latest nVidia drivers Now to the issue After gaming for some time graphically demanding games AC Unity FarCry the PC would freeze and I would have a BSOD on my hands Interestingly enough this has happened with nVidia supported games but I've managed to play Alien Isolation for an extended period of time which is AMD supported Have not had any problems with Borderlands Pre Sequel nVidia supported either but it's also not as heavy on the GPU When the BSOD has happened it has happened approx within an hour of gaming sometimes within minutes The BSOD does not happen when I'm watching movies or browsing the net or working on the PC just when gaming heavy does it occur I run the system SLI enabled I'm going to include two crash dumps below By the looks of it it seems to be a driver issue so what are my options here I've reinstalled the drives but still the problem has persisted Any help or insight into the BSOD errors I'm getting would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Nahkman Code Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x C GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME ACU exe CURRENT IRQL f ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff to fffff c b STACK TEXT fffff f b fffff c fffff f b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff f b fffff f hal HalpMcaReportError x fffff f c fffff e db e hal HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous x f fffff f cc fffff bf c hal HalHandleMcheck x fffff f cf fffff bf d nt KxMcheckAbort x c fffff f e a nt KiMcheckAbort x d f x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt KxMcheckAbort c fffff bf c d c lea rcx rsp h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt KxMcheckAbort c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrnlmp exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP fb cd IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x C GenuineIntel nt KxMcheckAbort c BUCKET ID X x C GenuineIntel nt KxMcheckAbort c ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x c genuineintel nt kxmcheckabort c FAILURE ID HASH bfc df - f e- c- - c f Followup MachineOwner Code Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre STACK TEXT fffff e b fffff cdca fffffa d fffffa d nt WheapCreateLiveTriageDump x c fffff e ad fffff aee fffffa d fffff d fffffa d nt WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession x fffff e b fffff fffff b fffffa a a fffffa d nt WheapProcessWorkQueueItem x fffff e b fffff c fffff a e fffff fffffa d nt WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine x fffff e b fffff bae fffffa d fffffa cf nt ExpWorkerThread x fffff e c fffff c fffff fffffa d fffff ffc nt PspSystemThreadStartup x a fffff e c fffff e fffff db fffff e e nt KxStartSystemThread x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME GenuineIntel IMAGE NAME GenuineIntel DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE PRV BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE PRV ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x genuineintel processor mae prv FAILURE ID HASH e -e - e - -f d e Followup MachineOwner

A:BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming

I've been having a very similar issue, I've only got the one Gigabyte 970 G1, and I've only really tested 2 games (AC Unity and Civ Beyond Earth) and while playing both after usually a few hours they'll freeze then I'll get a bsod. They're always Bug Check Code: 0x00000124 and all have the Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+4ae61c.

I've run windows memory diagnostic with no results, I've reseated my card, performed multiple clean driver installs, checked temperatures with no problems. I can't figure out what's causing it and this is the only similar problem I can find online. I really wish I could help but it seems we're in much the same boat

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359369-bsod-gigabyte-g1-gaming-gtx970-sli-while-gaming.html