Windows Support Forum

Can't get Logitech mouse to work on laptop

Q: Can't get Logitech mouse to work on laptop

I've had my Logitech mouse since about 2009 and I came home one day from work to play some WoW and it wasn't working correctly. I looked up on google what to do about it and couldn't find anything to help me solve my problem. So I fiddled with the reset button and tried whatever I could think of to get it to work. The power on the mouse is fine, but when I plug in the Wireless connector it doesn't make the "bleep bloop" sound that it would usually make to let me know that it is connected. Do I need a new mouse? Is there a Hardware problem? I don't know much about my laptop, but I do know my people need me in the world of Azeroth.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't get Logitech mouse to work on laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't get Logitech mouse to work on laptop

The mouse is plug n play, so you don't need special divers to get it to work, but you can try download and install Logitech's drivers to see if that resolves your problem.

Another thought, test your mouse on another computer. If it doesn't work, then you'll need a new mouse.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-logitech-mouse-to-work-on-laptop.171364/
Relevancy 72.24%

hey, I have a sony vaio laptop, and I have been trying to get my logitech cordless optical mouse to work, but I can't seem to find any solution so far. I plugged the mouse in, and I was able to install it successfully, but it won't respond. I checked my mouse batteries and they were good, I am not sure what else to do...Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Relevancy 72.24%

I just bought a new Logitech Marble mouse.

I had been using a Microsoft Wireless Optical Wheel mouse. I removed the software and the driver, powered down, plugged in the new mouse, powered up, and then ran the installation CD via the keyboard (no mouse installed at the moment).

There was a system message that popped up that said "unrecognized item in the usb port" or something like that.

So, even though I installed in, I could never get it to work. Is there some sort of compatibility issue with these mice and normal XP Home SP2 systems. I really wanted to switch to this type of mouse.

Any help you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated. I can't think of anything else to try.

Thank you.

Relevancy 72.24%

i have windows 7 64 bit rc running on my computer which i built

the hardware is as follows:
GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-US2H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

2X 500 GB Western Digital Hard Drives Raid 0

ATI Radeon HD3200 video (with motherboard)

8 GB of Corsair DDR2 RAM

AMD Phenom II X4 920 Processor 2.81 GHz

the OS is running fine, but the mouse is barely usable. sometimes i can double click sometimes i cant. and when i left click on a link in firefox it takes me back to the home page.

has anyone else had any problems with this mouse and the rc? or any suggestions on how to fix it?

thanks

A:Logitech LX7 Mouse Does Not Work with Windows 7 RC

Quote: Originally Posted by bossman493

i have windows 7 64 bit rc running on my computer which i built

the hardware is as follows:
GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-US2H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

2X 500 GB Western Digital Hard Drives Raid 0

ATI Radeon HD3200 video (with motherboard)

8 GB of Corsair DDR2 RAM

AMD Phenom II X4 920 Processor 2.81 GHz

the OS is running fine, but the mouse is barely usable. sometimes i can double click sometimes i cant. and when i left click on a link in firefox it takes me back to the home page.

has anyone else had any problems with this mouse and the rc? or any suggestions on how to fix it?

thanks

Have you installed the newest software from Logitech, if not here is a link.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/42...=us,en?osid=13

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/19785-logitech-lx7-mouse-does-not-work-windows-7-rc.html
Relevancy 72.24%

hello everyone

Hello everyone.
I'm hoping to get some help with fixing a problem with my mouse. I have a logitech optical mouse USB. The mouse worked fine until about 4 weeks ago.
Now if I go and try to right click to get properties or what ever it doesn't work. I have tried to trouble shoot on the computer and I'm getting very mad at this thing. Can Anyone help??? I have windows xp home.
Gnatgirl

A:Logitech USB mouse doesn't work

Hello and Welcome. :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-usb-mouse-doesnt-work.23134/
Relevancy 70.52%

I went into device manager and game controller and mouse.

i have the advanced gui for device drvier and device driver from logitech.

i unplugged my current mouse and replugged the game controller.

i searched through google search 3 times.

no documentation how to use it has a mouse!

is this fair...

A:Extreme 3d Pro with Logitech does not work has mouse pointer (Vista)

It's a joystick. What makes you thing it can replace your mouse?

To use the joystick in games, the game has to support it. If it's supported, you should be able to use it or configure it in any way that suits your needs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extreme-3d-pro-with-logitech-does-not-work-has-mouse-pointer-vista.1020352/
Relevancy 69.66%

Ok here's the thing. I bought the wirless mouse sometime last year, and I've never had any problems with it. Untill recently, it just basically stopped working all together. At first I thought the batteries just needed changed so I did that and like the light wouldn't come on at all on the mouse and the curosr on the screen wouldn't move either . So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it...still nothing. Now I have to use a gay mouse and it's really annoying. What could be wrong with my mouse all of a sudden?Oh and I have Windows XP.

Relevancy 68.37%

Anyone used this mouse? Wondering if its worth the high price tag. Reading mixed reviews, people either hate it or love it. Was wondering about the scrolling - heard its not as effective as a wheel because you cant go from say the top to bottom of a page as quickly.With intellipoint s/w you can have an option, for the faster you scroll, the greater distance it covers - great for browsing large docs without having to give the finger a work out. Also heard about people getting hand cramps from it in short times and it working on only one AAA battery (though it says 2), but some mice can run off 1 - to cut the weight in half.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-v500-laptop-mouse.384321/
Relevancy 67.51%

Laptop stopped recognizing Logitech Mouse USV. Moved it
to another Laptop and it worked fine. Tried another mouse
and it would not recognize it either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-stopped-recognizing-logitech-mouse-usv.1169030/
Relevancy 59.34%

With my old computer and mouse I used to be able to use the middle button for various tasks susch as opening a link in another tab rotating the camera in games etc Logitech Mouse HID-compliant - Cordless issue middle button mouse and i have got very used to this I recently purchased a Dell XPS One and am using the mouse which came with it which according Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse - middle mouse button issue to Device Manager is the Logitech HID Compliant Cordless Mouse I am running Vista Home Premium x and i am unable to use the middle button for this Instead in firefox it is a sort of zoom function Yesterday it started working - i don t know why - but today it has failed again and is back to the zoom function If i hold down the CTRL button and left click this is the same as middle button should be so is there any way i can swap these functions around I don t know if this is a problem with the mouse or with vista or with me not finding some setting If it helps my mouse driver is version which i think is up to date nbsp

A:Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse - middle mouse button issue

Have you gone to Mouse in the Vista Control Panel and see what choices you are given there to manage the mouse?

What does it say the mouse is if you look at the bottom of the mouse itself? Is there a model number?

If its a Logitech Mouse you may be able to install the Logitech SetPoint software to add extra functionality or programing options: javascript:downloadSW();

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-hid-compliant-cordless-mouse-middle-mouse-button-issue.783684/
Relevancy 59.34%

I want to buy this mouse to better work with my laptop.
Can somebody give me some feedback on how this glas pane works instead of a scrollwheel? Handling, etc.

A:Logitech Touch Mouse 400 for a Laptop with no touch screen

Sorry I can't answer your question, but this post piqued my interest. I use the Logitech 620 touch mouse on a Windows 7 box at work. I find a little touchy and has to tweaked. But I haven't tried the 620 on Windows 8. Because I'm always looking for the perfect mouse, I think I might just pick up the 400 tonight and let you know.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/23647-logitech-touch-mouse-400-laptop-no-touch-screen.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey all I just Logitech wireless mouse left - button crazy mouse installed Windows earlier today The install went fine until right near the end I had to click 'next' to a question which I had already done a few times but this time the tab was not responding I tried again and again then finally just hovered over the tab and pressed enter on my keyboard which did the trick Now that the OS is up and running everything is working fine but I just have one problem My left mouse button is doubling up as a 'back' button So if I am in a folder and want to double click a new folder or even if I just left click on empty space it will take me backwards Logitech wireless mouse - crazy left mouse button one folder A nightmare in internet explorer aswell For the time being Ive switched the two buttons around so I have an action button but no right click on the left mouse button now anymore Ive tried installing the original drivers and in compatibility for Vista but nothing seems to fix the problem Anybody have any suggestions Id be real grateful to hear them Cheers Oh and the mouse is a Logitech LX wireless Thanks Mikes

A:Logitech wireless mouse - crazy left mouse button

Have you tried the mouse on a different machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/27993-logitech-wireless-mouse-crazy-left-mouse-button.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I m really hoping someone here can help me My logitech corded optical mouse was working pretty well but it was a little slow so I decided to switch it out with a microsoft comfort optical mouse I XP, freeze! microsoft Mouse to from logitech switched mouse have another machine and both mice seem Mouse freeze! XP, switched from logitech to microsoft mouse to work perfectly there But on Mouse freeze! XP, switched from logitech to microsoft mouse my main machine they both lock up after a few minutes and the only thing that fixes it is rebooting I was highly suspecting it was a conflict between logitech and microsoft software at first I tried this http support microsoft com kb several times to clear the registry and start fresh But each time I ended up having to use system restore after I can clear everything out and then the USB hub is detected when I reboot but the mouse is not I check device manager and it says it has an HID compliant mouse and the mouse lights up like it has power but won t move at all Does anyone have any ideas Is there any more information I could give that would be helpful to troubleshoot Thanks so much Airmide nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freeze-xp-switched-from-logitech-to-microsoft-mouse.660795/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have an hp laptop running xp. Until last week, I had a microsoft mouse installed (hate the touchpad) and it worked great. Then out of the blue, It stopped working. I reinstalled drivers..still no go. Went out and bought a new mouse....same thing. My pc recognises the "mice" and installation is ok, and when choosing mouse options from the control panel, it is there, and i select it...but still no go. The touchpad still works, but neither "mice" do. Any ideas?

A:mouse won't work with laptop

No drivers are necessary for a mouse to work. Drivers provide only special functions. If you have installed drivers, remove them and try rebooting. Perhaps you selected the wrong ones if you were presented with a choice -- if you did that, it might explain the failure.

If this is an optical mouse -- does the light activate when connected?

In the device manager, is the mouse recognized under Human Interface Devices, as well as under Mice and other Pointing devices?

You should also verify whether other USB devices work from the USB port you have the mouse plugged into, assuming you are using a USB mouse -- for example a thumb drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-wont-work-with-laptop.483902/
Relevancy 57.62%

I accidentally spill about a teaspoon of water on my mouse pad. I immediately grabbed paper towels to adsorb the water. It seems that all the features of the mousepad; such as, scroll up and down, right click and moving orientation is all good, BUT, the left-click doesn't seem to work. There are two-options t register the left-click, clicking the button or tapping the pad, but neither works. I currently have a USB mouse plugged in and it seems to work fine. I decided to blowdry lightly for few minutes but then stopped as i don't want to apply too much heat to the sensor pad, so its been airdrying for an hour an still nothing. Does anyone has any suggestions? or did i permanently damage my left clicker.

Thanks, Nate

A:Laptop: Mouse Pad won't work

I would turn it off, take the battery out then leave it upside down overnight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-mouse-pad-wont-work.1003260/
Relevancy 57.62%

I had error 19 come up for my cd/DVD drive. It wasn't
working at all. So I went online and it said get rid of upper and lower limits in the registry for the cd/DVD. I did that and nowthe mouse doesn't work. Please help, I love this computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-laptop-mouse-does-not-work-434397.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Dear, I purchase a new laptop model number is 15-r036tu I got this laptop with window 8.1 after using few month I did not fill comfortable with this 8.1 I DID DOWN grade from 8.1 to window 7 (32 bit) now my all software are missing but I am able to download my all software BUT MY MOUSE DOUBLE CLICK IT DOES NOT WORK. HP management and right click but is unable to update driver please give me any advice or link to how to download software. Thanks Og2

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/MY-LAPTOP-MOUSE-DOES-NOT-WORK-PROPERLY/td-p/5596586
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a new Toshiba Laptop with Windows XP on it and have purchased a WD Wireless Optical Mouse.
The instructions that came with the mouse are very brief and after plugging it into the USB port the mouse still doesn't work.
Is there possibly something that I have turned off that is needed to run for the mouse to work??
The guy at the shop I bought it from says that it should work without any problems.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

raffikki

Relevancy 56.76%

After using it without problems for over a year, my wireless mouse stopped working on my laptop a few weeks ago. I changed the batteries, still nothing. I figured it was time for a new mouse so I bought one today, installed it, checked for updated drivers, etc. Still nothing. My computer is showing that the device is installed correctly, not sure what to do next. Windows 7, Toshiba laptop. I disconnected the mosue, uninstalled the drivers, rebooted the computer and reconnected the mouse. Drivers reinstalled automatically but mouse still won't work. Any ideas?

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all,

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and while recently doing some computer maintenance to get rid of some malware, I most likely screwed up my computer. At the Windows 7 user login screen, my mouse and keyboard are non-responsive. I don't think this is a problem with the actual hardware because I can access the boot menu with F12 when I boot it up. Appreciate any help.

A:Keyboard/Mouse doesn't work on my laptop

Do you have access to your windows installation cd?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357492/keyboardmouse-doesnt-work-on-my-laptop/
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm trying to get a cordless mouse to work on a laptop that is running windows vista home premium. I have followed all the directions. The software was downloaded successfully & I have tried the reset buttons on the mouse and the usb connector several times. Is there something I'm not doing?? Thanks for any suggestions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cordless-optical-mouse-wont-work-on-laptop.789834/
Relevancy 56.33%

Our mini-size wireless Microsoft Mouse has been in use with our laptop for six months or longer with no issues other than an occasional battery change. Last night it stopped working all together, despite a laptop reboot, et al. I ended up plugging in my Microsoft optical wired mouse from my office PC and that is working fine.

Just to check, I plugged the receiver for the wireless mouse into my PC and the lil' bugger is working fine there, but still won't work on the laptop.

Does this make any sense to anyone?

The laptop is running via a Netgear wireless network card, the machine is running fine for the most part, I see nothing out of sorts on a HijackThis scan, the Avira antivirus scans have been clean, and yet the wireless mouse won't work on the laptop but will on the desktop PC.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

A:Solved: Wireless Mouse won't work on laptop, but does on PC?

my idea is that after time files can corrupt and so a file in your drivers for it may have corrupted what i reccomend is plug both the mouse's in and use ur wired one to go to device manager look under mice and other pointing devices remove that driver and remove both mice then plug in the receiver again and it should auto re install the driver. this may work or it may not depends if its something more indepth. as to it working on ur pc when u plugged it in it installed the drivers new so it would work but if the drivers are corrupt on your laptop then it wouldent.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-mouse-wont-work-on-laptop-but-does-on-pc.903952/
Relevancy 55.47%

Have older T s but was expensive laptop ... mouse not freezes, turns Screen work, off, - out of warranty Hard drive had to be replaced when owned less than one year Had motherboard replaced while still under warranty due to all but one port dying - so tech put in refurbished nbsp Worked fine two years since then nbsp However several Screen freezes, mouse not work, laptop turns off, ... months ago suddenly mouse not work and screen freezes Screen freezes, mouse not work, laptop turns off, ... one second later laptop Screen freezes, mouse not work, laptop turns off, ... turns off When start in safe mode since Windows not shut down normally Happens every few days Same style mouse using for years of years without problem In case the mouse faulty replaced mouse with new same type Still turned off nbsp Tried buying power cord though almost since forums said likely that worn out since old Still happened nbsp Took to Lenovo authorized dealer and said either battery or motherboard nbsp Would not open and clean saying could not be dust in it and only could affect temp and if temp Lenovo had built in warning pop-up I ran Lenovo hardware test and came back NO problem - could mother board still be bad I finally found another forum that said to check log file for Log System Level Error Source I checked and one said Event Disk- The driver detected a conctroller error on Device harddisk DR Other one said Event Serive Control manager The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load cdrom nbsp On another forum said authorized dealers not want to fix anything just say need new motherboard and so expensive better to get new laptop since high cost for new motherboard and a couple hours service Other post said racket He said something about way GPU was soldered on motherboard using lead made it go bad Also read might be overheating so downloaded two types temp measure software and did not go high Asked Lenovo dealer if could be overheating He said would be pop-up that overheating Anyone know if this is baloney Asking because manager said his guy would open and clean for dust and guy twice gave that answer re overheating pop-up--- also said could not be dust I have used special air can to spray in side where fan is and keys No help Still shut itself off after mouse not work Tried updating driver or bios nbsp from page can downoload nbsp don't remember - also weeks dealing with new phone Tried running without either nbsp battery one goes in ultrabay and did not seem to happen Put main battery back in and happened Tried with just DVD player in ultra by when main battery in and also when second battery in and main battery in Still happened Although main battery info said good and ultra bay battery said just medium ordered since Lenovo Authorized dealer said could be battery and person at Lenovo siad gee nbattery almost four years old would have gone and battery tester in laptop not accurate and should buy new one - so bought new battery which was over So now spent at leat Still happened today Very frustrated Read on forum that there were some kind of cables inside SATA that might have to be moved and would fix nbsp Response from lead tech would be nice Have owned several Thinkpads - but very expensive so need to have working for another year and frankly starting new usiness and heaps of time wasted learning new phone since switched from Blackberry so no time to learn Windows nbsp As I noted another forum said standard response from Lenovo authorized dealer is to get new motherboard or buy new laptop and due to high cost mother board to buy new Lenovo Thinkpad Notebook or at least Yoga I think they just don't want to spend any time on individual - just corporate clients - they view you as a waste of time and money Lenovo guy did not even run the tests that come with lenovo - I did nbsp - and found log files and error nbsp already mentioneD nbsp ALL HELP APPRECIATED WISH THERE WAS TECH WHO WOULD TELL ME WHAT REALLY IS AND OFFER TO FIX i A... Read more

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Screen-freezes-mouse-not-work-laptop-turns-off-when-restart-its/td-p/3382192
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

My left mouse click does not work in my laptop. I reinstalled the windows again.. but still the same problem.. Can anyone Help??

Thanks

A:Left mouse click does not work in my Toshiba Laptop

Hi -

Go to Toshiba Support and download the latest mousepad drivers -

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...p?nav=Download

If the left mouse button is still INOP, try an external USB mouse and see if the left button works on it. If so, it is likely a hardware issue that would require a mousepad replacement.

I had the kb and mousepad replaced in a Fujitsu laptop in 2008 after the mousepad stopped working.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/left-mouse-click-does-not-work-in-my-toshiba-laptop-518371.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My old dell had too small a hard drive, and being too lazy to install a new one, I took out my IBM thinkpad and hooked it up instead, the dell mouse works with it, but its registering as an IBM mouse, and the scroll wheel won't work. Also I hooked up a Dell Trinitron 21'' monitor, and that won't work at all, I just get a black screen. Any thoughts?

Relevancy 55.47%

ASUS laptop - after installing windows 10, I am unable to use mouse or touchpad. there is no response. The touch screen works.

A:ASUS laptop Mouse & touchpad don't work after W10 install

First thing I would try is this, as it's easy:Turn off laptop, remove power cord, remove main battery if at all possible. Next hold the Power Off/On button down for about 20 seconds to discharge the motherboard components. This has helped unstick things at odd times.Otherwise, see if you can make your way to Device Manager and see if any errors are showing under "Keyboard" and "Mice and other pointing devices". Let us know if any errors are showing (usually small yellow icons). You could also under each appropriate sub-heading right click and use Uninstall then restart the computer. DO NOT say yes to any request to remove software. On restart this will find the items as new hardware and attempt to re-establish the software, which often fixes issues.Failing that check with your computer manufacturer to see if you have the latest drivers for both items, preferably ones that say Win 10.I realise this will be fiddling from the touch screen so I wish you well. If necessary you might be able to download drivers as files on another computer then see if you can copy them across using a flash drive.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/asus-laptop-mouse-touchpad-dont-work-after-w10-install/194.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a HP G62 notebook and running Windows 7 home premium. In the last few days, if I walk away from the computer for a few minutes, the screen goes blue (I assume into sleep or hibernate mode) and usually I can just move the mouse or press a key and the icons come back up but now, the keyboard and mouse do not work at that point and I have to do a hard reboot. Also, I noticed that when double clicking icons or webpages, the computer sometimes does not respond at all. Any ideas of what could be happening?

Relevancy 55.47%

I am running a HP L2000 special edition windows XP. My touch pad works fine; I think it is sp/2. My optical mouse from Targus is old and was working until today. I am searching for a driver update but so far nothing seems to be working. Optic is fine. Love the mouse. It has a scroll wheel on top with rt and lft buttons; s/n B0508039183. I do not know if you call that a wheel ( I thought wheel was on bottom). there is nothing but light coming out of the bottom. anyway, I know it is an HID device that may not need a driver per se; but the microsoft windows HID upgrade is not working. I paid for (cough) driver tool, driver navigator etc and went to the hewlett packard site where it suggested I download another drivertool - then I realized I shouldnt keep paying.

Can anyone help me get this old mouse continue working?

A:targus optical mouse wont work on hp laptop xp

Hello -Is THIS your model and the drivers you are looking for - Place your pointer over each one, and see if they match yours -Thank You - EDIT - Will your XP version update to SP3 or not ?? To check your SP - Go > Start > Right click on My Computer >Properties and it will show Version and Service Pack -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449901/targus-optical-mouse-wont-work-on-hp-laptop-xp/
Relevancy 55.47%

This is going to sound really pathetic folks but having had to clean out a load of dust and dirt from my Logitech optical mouse I now find there is a small sprung object over The wheel is back OK and the mouse even works but there is a quot thingy quot over It is about inch long with a small hook at each end and a couple of loops in the middle When you use the wheel itself it just doesn t feel optical mouse Logitech mouse that Logitech mouse optical mouse it has the correct tension and therefore I am assuming that the small object should be attached to it in some way It did not spring off when I first opened the mouse and in fact I didn t notice it until I was re-assembling It just sat there in the bottom of the mouse on the right hand side Does anyone know of a diagram of the inside of an optical mouse showing where this object should be used I know it doesn t cost very much to buy a new one but it is a question of honour now finding out where it should be placed Know what I mean SS nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mouse-optical-mouse.672434/
Relevancy 55.04%

hey. I was surfing on the net with my laptop when suddenly the cursor didnt move. I tried to unplug the mouse's usb and plug to an other usb gate but it still didn't work. Then i tried to plug it in my desktop computer and it worked!!! Any idea what happened to my laptop???for any details reply to me .(sorry for my english ) p.s both desktop pc and laptop are Windows 7

A:Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse 1.0a doesn't work on laptop

Duplicate post. Continue here: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1059398-microsoft-basic-optical-mouse-1-a.html Forum rules - http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-basic-optical-mouse-1-0a-doesnt-work-on-laptop.1059402/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi first post I can get the exact message in the popup if requested The USB piece has been confirmed to work on two other machines Win Win XP I started looking this some ways back but then put it on the back-burner for maybe a couple years until recently Here's what I remember trying since Removing and USB work wireless is but Laptop won't recognizes piece mouse present, that reinserting the laptop battery Trying different ports Restarting without USB piece then plugging it in Downloading drivers for the mouse quot Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse quot which I couldn't do because only Win and Win were offered Running some quot Fixit quot software by Microsoft This might've partly worked It seemed to do nothing at first but I Laptop recognizes that wireless mouse USB piece is present, but won't work reinserted the piece after running the program and for the first time the computer seemed to install the software and the mouse was working for a few minutes then suddenly stopped lol Since then Laptop recognizes that wireless mouse USB piece is present, but won't work I've reinserted it a few times with it working one time I ran Comodo antivirus in the middle of that only possible variable I know of I tried a couple other things too but can't remember Thanks in advance

A:Laptop recognizes that wireless mouse USB piece is present, but won't work

Hi,

Could you be more specific regarding the Make & Model of the laptop & also the mouse etc..

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/302468-laptop-recognizes-wireless-mouse-usb-piece-present-but-wont-work.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hey. I was surfing on the net with my laptop when suddenly the cursor didnt move. I tried to unplug the mouse's usb and plug to an other usb gate but it still didn't work. Then i tried to plug it in my desktop computer and it worked!!! Any idea what happened to my laptop???for any details reply to me .(sorry for my english ) p.s both desktop pc and laptop are Windows 7

A:Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse 1.0a doesn't work on laptop

Try removing the mouse driver in Device Manager and restarting your computer.
See if a different mouse will work on the laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-basic-optical-mouse-1-0a-doesnt-work-on-laptop.1059398/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there, first off, I'd like to say that I am using a Dell XPS l502x. Yesterday I was cleaning my keyboard and palmrest, and i think some liquid got inside the mouse buttons and the power button, because they malfunction now. The mouse buttons do not work, and the power button only works when I press it sometimes. When I do press the mouse buttons, sometimes the laptop will go to sleep or on standby. I'm thinking of buying a replacement for the palmrest because it contains both the power button and touchpad, as well as the mouse buttons, but I need confirmation so that I don't end up wasting money if it doesn't work. Is there anything I can do?

This is my first time posting here, I appreciate any help. Thanks .

Relevancy 54.61%

Spilled about 1l of water on my entire laptop...
I wiped water from it, and turned it on. The only parts that don't work: Mouse, Keyboard.
What should I do?
P.S: In the BIOS the keyboard works(and other stuff before the OS actually loads)

A:Spilled water on entire laptop, mouse and keyboard dont work.

First and foremost ...... are you SURE everything is dry inside? I spilled about a half glass of water on mine last winter and it was a couple of hours before it was dry enough for me to even try it. In my case I was lucky as everything was fine. Have you tried a system restore to a point before this happened? (I know I know... but simple things first.) An sfc/scannow will check for corrupted/bad system files and possibly repair them, have you tried that? Heres a link to a tutorial on how to do that : SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/300762-spilled-water-entire-laptop-mouse-keyboard-dont-work.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi My Windows laptop is slow and freezes a lot Also sometimes the mouse stops working - it can move around but clicking doesn't work in my mouse or with my touchpad and I have to restart to fix that This is a work computer that I inherited from the person before me so it's possible that there are viruses who knows what on it I ran a Windows Defender scan and it came up clean Here's my dds and attach Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by hudi at on - - Microsoft Windows GMT - AV Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C doesn't mouse freezes, 8 Windows restart laptop until slow work sometimes and I Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system dwm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system AECLSr exe C Program Files Blue Coat K Web Protection k filter exe C Windows system BtwRSupportService exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Remote Desktop remoting host exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Remote Desktop remoting host exe C Program Files CrashPlan CrashPlanService exe C Windows system dashost exe C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows Windows 8 laptop slow and freezes, sometimes mouse doesn't work until I restart System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files x Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders MouseWithoutBorders exe C Program Files x Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders MouseWithoutBorders exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit DataProtect QBIDPService exe C Program Files x RealNetworks RealDownloader rndlresolversvc exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhostex exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files WindowsApps microsoft windowscommunicationsapps x wekyb d bbwe LiveComm exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files x Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders DDHelper exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv w exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv x exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Cirrus Logic Audio Panel CirrusAudioPanel Dell exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Box Sync BoxSyncHelper exe C Program Files x BitTorrent Sync BTSync exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Users hudi AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Box Sync BoxSync exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files CrashPlan CrashPlanTray exe C Users hudi AppData Roaming cubby cubby exe C Program Files x Evernote Evernote Evernote exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files AutoHotkey AutoHotkey exe C Program Files x Everything Everything exe C Program Files x System Registration prodreg exe C Windows SysWOW RunDll exe C Program Files x Evernote Evernote EvernoteClipper exe C Program Files x Real RealPlayer Update real... Read more

A:Windows 8 laptop slow and freezes, sometimes mouse doesn't work until I restart

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller for 32bit or Roguekiller for 64bit Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+===Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).=== Please downloadJunkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508047/windows-8-laptop-slow-and-freezes-sometimes-mouse-doesnt-work-until-i-restart/
Relevancy 53.75%

Whilst doing some work, my mouse suddenly 'failed', cursor frozen nothing in mouse. After plugging in another mouse, I checked device manager and found that Win 10 had installed it as an Hid complaint mouse. So I went to logitech, downloaded smart installer (win 10), it would not work, refused to complete installation. Went back and selected x64 bit download and it worked perfectly. My logitech mouse now back to full functionality.

A:Logitech Mouse & Win 10

We have a separate Windows 10 forum.

Please post Win 10 items there.

Windows 10 Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/69724-logitech-mouse-win-10-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Now a question from me.
I have an old Logitech but fully functional mouse (cordless optical).
When I ran Vista x86 Ultimate, I installed a small program that allowed me to double-click with middle mouse button. Now, with Vista x64 Ultimate, it doesn't work anymore.
Do someone know another small program to allow me that?

Thanks,
CyberZeus

A:Logitech mouse

Have you tried the 64bit version of setpoint from logitech?
Additionally to add extra functions to set point you can try
uberOptions Wiki | Main / uberOptions However this is a bit of a bulky fix for what you want to do >_<

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/229437-logitech-mouse.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Logitech Mouse and my question is a Logitech mouse a PS/2

Relevancy 53.75%

I bought a new Logitech Wireless Mouse. But I am having issues locating the Serial Number. The SN that is on the mouse is not working. It's s Logitech m275 mouse. I would like to download the software for it.

Please help! Thanks in advance!

A:New Logitech Mouse

what operating system do you have?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/48292-new-logitech-mouse.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I recognise I'm late to the show upgrading to '10' but my logitech M557 wireless mouse no longer works since the upgrade ... have downloaded the updated driver SetPoint 6.67.83 but no success. Mouse still not working. Any suggestions pls

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/37261-logitech-mouse.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I think this is actually a driver problem so does it belong in the Hardware category I guess so My operating system is Win SE I have a Logitech mouse Model M-C For the last couple of weeks for no apparent reason my mouse Mouse Logitech has been freezing and I can get it to work only if I restart the computer with control gt alt gt delete The computer is on all day and that happens with the mouse at Logitech Mouse least twice a day I thought today to check for mouse in the Device Manager Sure enough looks like something there is wrong But I don t know what to do to fix this problem and I m sure it must be something simple In Device Manager the listing under Mouse is Microsoft PS Port Mouse I don t know how a listing for that mouse got there My mouse is Logitech M-C which is a PS mouse but Logitech Mouse it s not Microsoft I m guessing because I forget that when my husband set up my computer after we moved to a new house Windows just searched for a driver for my mouse and that s what it found Except we moved here last fall and my mouse acted fine for nearly months since then So maybe that listing is okay and the problem is something else I m tempted to just double click Microsoft PS Port Mouse go to the Driver tab and press UPDATE DRIVER Or should I do something in Add New Hardware I m afraid to experiment because I m bound to make the problem worse instead of better Help please Beth nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hey I've been having problems with my g x logitech gaming mouse - days ago I plugged it in and the color wouldn't show to show that the mouse is on I had to wiggle the usb for the mouse to turn on This usually takes to minutes because I have to get it in the right position because if I move the laptop or pull the mouse a little to hard the mouse would turn off Sometimes I would get the mouse to turn G9x with my Help logitech mouse on but then when I let go of the usb the mouse just turns off Sometimes it would pop up on the computer saying usb not recognized But that's rarely And you know how when you plug in and plug out an usb out the computer the laptop makes a sound When I plug in the mouse it doesn't make a sound but when I plug it out it does So I'm hoping and praying that's something wrong with the mouse driver or something and not the actual usb port And uhm I tried a different mouse on the same laptop and the mouse worked So it must be Help with my G9x logitech mouse something with the g x Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Help with my G9x logitech mouse

About the only thing I can think of is to go to the manufacturer's web site, find your particular laptop and download and install the latest Chipset driver. It would be a good time to update all drivers. When I first started reading, I thought your USB drive had gone bad, but if it happened with another mouse or USB drive, I agree it sounds more like a usb problem with your laptop.

You may want to read over this tutorial on USB Driver - General Fix for Problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/236806-help-my-g9x-logitech-mouse.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm having a problem with this Logitech V450 wireless mouse that I'm using on my desktop. I have their software installed. The pointer tends to lag and freeze momentarily but sometimes its worse than others. I've adjusted the pointer speed but it doesn't help. I never had this problem when I used a Microsoft p/s2 mouse. The Logitech one has the little usb receiver thing plugged into a port in back of the machine. The batteries are good, according to the level indicator in the SetPoint application. Is there some other setting on the computer side that I need to look at? I also use this mouse occasionally on my netbook and it works fine there.

Relevancy 53.32%

I have a wireless Logitech Mouse and Keyboard combo I've had for ~3 years I've had this computer. I recently installed XP SP3 and now my mouse doesn't always work when my computer loads. The laser is on, I can reconnect w/ the base, but the pointer still doesn't move. I have gotten in the habit of using my keyboard to change which mouse drivers are selected, restarting upon the prompt, and getting my mouse back after the restart. However, my computer still frequently starts in the morning with the mouse not working, and even after resetting the drivers, the mouse won't always work upon restart. Any tips? I've looked for new drivers on logitech but have no idea what to use, given that the lable on the bottom of the mouse has completely worn off. Thanks for any help!

A:Logitech Mouse Drivers

usually windows will know if some sort of update is needed for a wireless mouse if you go -start-all programs- windows update or microsoft update when your on the site click custom instead of the reccomended one and see if there is any updates available download everyone you available to download and tell me if that works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logitech-mouse-drivers-305678.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Logitech Laser Mouse, but the wheel (for scrolling) seems to stop working after a few minutes when browsing. If I open a new browser, it works, but then stops again.

What's going on?

A:Logitech Laser Mouse

Logitech "Lazer ?? Is that the Logitech optical mouse ( i.e MX series )?
If it is do you happen to have installed the lastest driver for it ? ( not the one that came with the cd disk)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-laser-mouse.212336/
Relevancy 53.32%

Really strange issue with a Logitech mouse not even sure how to accurately describe the problem I'm using a Logitech MX mouse After starting the computer the pointer and right-click button on the mouse work and the left click button can't be used to click anything e g selecting windows selecting menus clicking the start menu clicking MX510 Logitech Bug Mouse dialogs within windows etc The scroll wheel does work if pointed in a window that has been highlighted by alt-tab The left click is registering if I open up a right-click menu by right-clicking the Desktop I can dismiss by left-clicking the Desktop All the drivers seem to be up to date and working as far as I can tell After allowing the system to run and using the keyboard to navigate for some time the mouse buttons will begin to work but sometimes only on some applications the mouse is fully functional in this Firefox window right now but can't be used to make my mail client window active or move it around it also can't be used to click icons in the task bar or quick start bar or select the start Logitech MX510 Mouse Bug menu Some new windows can be clicked others can't To add more of a quirky nature to the bug if I log out both buttons work on the log-in screen I can use ths left-click to select the field and use Logitech MX510 Mouse Bug it to click the power options in the lower-left corner If I plug this mouse into another computer not running Windows it functions perfectly normally After initially installing the Beta the mouse functioned the same way and then suddenly started working completely until a later reboot This problem is completely replicatable by rebooting my system I don't even have an idea of how to debug what's happening with the mouse Any info or ideas on how to determine the problem would be more than welcome I've been playing around with it for about hours now trying to find some way to make it work I've tried removing the HID-Compliant device from the Device Manager and allow it to be re-installed installed updates from Windows Update installed Logitech's SetPoint software went into the Mouse properties and changed options to see if that would reset the mouse Nothing seems to work at all same behavior throughout

A:Logitech MX510 Mouse Bug

When your in device manager you've tried removing the HID compliant device, however if you scroll down to your usb controllers, there will probably be a usb composite device there. This is also normally related to your mouse, and deleting that then rescanning for hardware can sometimes resolve issues.  Ihad a similar issue yesterday, mouse stopped moving, but all buttons would work. I spent 2 hours uninstalling and re-installing usb devices and ports and software, with no joy, then formatted and re-installed 7 in case it was a bug there. Still no joy, contacted Logitech this morning, and they confirmed that the mouse is in fact dead, the laser unit had died. Even though the rest of the unit was still functional. However you have managed to prove that all the hhardware is still functioning, so it has to be either drivers or software of some form. Have you checked to make sure you havent picked up a virus or some other form of malware?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b69ff718-0b8b-4374-8948-8528e5b1c2fc/logitech-mx510-mouse-bug?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a PC and a Mac. I would like to use my mac wireless (bluetooth) keyboard and my Logitech MX mouse with both systems.

So I need something like a KVM switch that handles bluetooth.

But I can't find what it is I need searching around on the internet. Everything seems geared to USB keyboard/mice.

Does anyone have a few specific hardware solutions I can look at?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-mac-keyboard-and-logitech-mx-mouse-between-mac-and-pc.1116282/
Relevancy 53.32%

I just got a Performance MX mouse to replace my MX that had a strange quirk of doing a double click when only clicking once It didn't do it on every click but it started to do it quite often which was a pain when selecting a bunch of files to be moved and when you click on one and it does the double click action all the selected files will start to open I really love the shape and feel of the MX and it is very different in feel to the Performance MX but the shape grows on you after using it for a bit Most people won't buy one since it is a bit pricey locally and around online Overall I am impressed with it Oh and it only cost me Did an RMA with Logitech for the MX for an MX and asked if I could pay the difference for the Performance MX which they agreed to

A:Logitech Performance MX Mouse

Hi Zepher,
Just couple of ideas, you probably already checked..
Sounds like mouse setting issue and if not it must be the driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/81482-logitech-performance-mx-mouse.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I want my ifeel mouse to work again. I lost the driver disk and tried downloading a couple things off Loghitech's site but it still won't work. I want my mouse to bounce again!!!

The mouse actually works as it should as a pointer tool but it won't do the force feedback thing.

A:Logitech iFeel USB mouse

ask for a warranty replacement

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-ifeel-usb-mouse.287279/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am interested in the 15 inch Acer Chromebook. Can I use the Logitech wireless mouse with this computer?Also is Skype available? Is there a media player so that you can rent movies from Amazon.com and play them on this computer?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Can-I-use-a-Logitech-wireless-mouse-with-the-15-inch-Acer/td-p/401044/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 53.32%

I just bought a Mouseman Logitech wireless, optical mouse to use on my HP laptop, running XP. The mouses's receiver has a USB connection, and an adapter for a PS/2 plug. The laptop only has a USB connection, so that's what I'm using. Trouble is, I can't get anywhere with the installation.

The receiver's plugged in, software loaded and batteries in the mouse, but there's no communication between the two. The receiver doesn't use batteries too, does it? I can't see any way to open it up safely.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

JP

A:Logitech wireless mouse

Press the Resynch button on top of the reciever. Then take a ballpoint pen or pencil and press the small red button on the underside of the mouse. Voila!
Make sure you batteries aren't dead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wireless-mouse.109336/
Relevancy 53.32%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8096 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -239 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 940455 MB, Free - 876188 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway, IPISB-VR
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

I have a logitech M510 mouse that the scroll wheel started acting "jerky" and then it just quit completely .
I can still click the wheel and scroll with the up and down arrows on the screen . I've installed new batteries and uninstalled / reinstalled the driver . It seems to me that it is just broken and I need a new mouse but I wanted a second opinion .

Thanks .

A:Logitech Wireless Mouse

I've had 2 Logitech and 2 Microsoft Mobile Mouse 6000 go bad (left click inoperable) within a 6 mo. period.

There is really nothing you can do to fix it - if still under warranty, call for an RMA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wireless-mouse.1084776/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have Windows Home installed and I have been using a Logitech Mouse and cordless keyboard for a couple of years now and had set the mouse up so that one of the buttons automatically connected me with the Google home page But recently when I Mouse Query Logitech restart my PC and press that particular button it does not Logitech Mouse Query open Google but shows a quot Search Results Window quot which gives the instruction quot To begin type in the Search Box quot It seems to be some sort of Windows search box which is not what I want when using that mouse button To get around it I have to go to Logitech Mouse settings each time I reboot my system and set it to open Google instead Once I have done that the button correctly opens Google for me each time - until I close down and reboot my PC Has any kind person any ideas Thanks LOG - Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M N -AM SE Antivirus Malwarebytes nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mouse-query.1036491/
Relevancy 53.32%

i just bought a new logitech mouse wireless/ballless and i wish it had the same scrollwheel action as my old standard mouse. My new one doesn't scroll smoothly and also when i press it, it doesn't work properly, it doesn't allow me to move the little arrow above or below the little circle that appears, ya know what i mean.... for smooth slow..fast scrolling. It's weird, i've tried universal wheel, and everyother option it gives me..........................is there any way for it to work like the standard mouse???? also, when i am just scrolling normally, the last three lines or so have to catch up. Lets say the average scroll is like half a page depending on how fast you move that little wheel. 95% of the scroll is smooth, then the last three lines seem like they are just catching up.

A:logitech mouse issues

Have you tried adjusting the settings in the control panel/mouse?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mouse-issues.165534/
Relevancy 53.32%

The scroll wheel moves the cursor from side ti side. How do i make move the page from side to side like it used to.?

A:Logitech laser 660 mouse

I don't use the Logitech software but I'd imagine the setting would be.

If you can't find it I'd just uninstall the Logitech Mouse software from Add & Remove Programs and reinstall it.

You can get the latest version of Logitech's Mouseware from here: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=1793,contentid=6003

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-laser-660-mouse.503080/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am sorry if this is not allow, I was so excited when I saw this that I had to post it here... you can scold me later

The price is $49.95 with a $30.00 Mail in Rebate + FREE shipping. Heck, even if you are to lazy to fill out the paperwork and send it in, you are still paying a good price for it.

I had to pull the pin because my G7 is acting up big time on almost all the games as of late.

LTG9LASER | G9 Laser Mouse | BuyDig.com

I gotta ask the biggest and dumbest question of all times... Would I be able to plug in both my Mices and use them separately? I mean, use the G7 for my Wife and the Vista OS and the new G9 for Windows 7 and my games? of course they would both be plug to the same PC.

A:Logitech G9 Gaming Mouse... $20.00 w/MiR

I dont know the answer to your question, but I have a G9 and absolutley LOVE it! You will not be sorry that you bought it.

I paid $65.99 CDN, which was $100 off. Same kind of smoking deal you found!

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/233705-logitech-g9-gaming-mouse-20-00-w-mir.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Since installing a Logitech K800 USB keyboard my Logitech LX5 cordless mouse does not activate when waking my PC from sleep, I must re boot to get it to work. Worked fine before new keyboard.

Win 8.1
Setpoint v6.61.15 (Logitech)

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/37957-logitech-mouse-not-activating.html
Relevancy 53.32%

so my mouse logitech g3 is a few years old but it has never done this before. so recently i had my pc reinstalled and when i got it back everything seemed to be fine except when i am playing counter strike my mouse just randomly restarts ussualy theres the USB connecting/disconnecting sound and then it starts to work again and it is really annoying.
my pc is a DELL DIMENSION e520

Relevancy 53.32%

I have recently installed a Logitech LX7 Cordless Optical Mouse on my PC which is running Windows XP Home SP2. Generally it works fine but I've found if I don't do anything for a certain length of time, perhaps only 5-10 minutes, I cannot use the mouse at all to select anything and the Taskbar is also unavailable to view (it's normally hidden at the bottom of the screen). However, I've found that by pressing Ctrl + Esc to display the Start Menu and then clearing it by clicking on the Desktop, the mouse functions are available again and also the Taskbar comes into view.

As you can imagine this is annoying. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the mouse software but still I get the above problems.

Any ideas as to a solution?

A:Logitech Mouse Problem

I would say uninstall the software and leave it off. there shouldn't be any reason windows can't use the mouse without the third party software.

also a side note - some cordless mice for laptops like that have a power save feature, have you tried just clicking the mouse a few times to reconnect it with the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mouse-problem.645389/
Relevancy 53.32%

i just purchased an logitech bj optical mouse i plugged it in to the port which is exactly the same as the one i have been using with my standard microsoft mouse i am using windows as an logitech optical mouse operating system anyway logitech optical mouse the message comes on that windows does not detect a mouse i called logitech dowloaded something they told me to do and still nothing it does not light up i hooked the new mouse up to another computer and it worked just fine So my question is what do i have to logitech optical mouse do to get this thing to work I plugged the old mouse back in and it works fine did not even have to reboot Please help me div class messageTextEndMarker nbsp div blockquote article div div class messageMeta ToggleTriggerAnchor div class privateControls span class item muted span class authorEnd a href members tompalushock class username author dir auto tompalushock a span a href threads logitech-optical-mouse title Permalink class datePermalink span class DateTime title Feb at AM Feb span a span div div class publicControls a href threads logitech-optical-mouse title Permalink class item muted postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger data-href posts permalink a div div div id likes-post- div div li class message div class messageUserInfo itemscope itemscope itemtype http data-vocabulary org Person div class messageUserBlock div class avatarHolder span class helper span a class avatar Av m data-avatarhtml true img src styles default xenforo avatars avatar m png width height alt a div h class userText Sponsor h span class arrow span span span div div div class messageInfo primaryContent div class messageContent article blockquote class messageText ugc baseHtml ins class adsbygoogle style display inline-block width px height px data-ad-client ca-pub- data-ad-slot ins blockquote article div div li li li id post- class message data-author bassetman div class messageUserInfo itemscope itemscope itemtype http data-vocabulary org Person div class messageUserBlock div class avatarHolder span class helper span a href members bassetman class avatar Av m data-avatarhtml true img src data avatars m jpg width height alt bassetman a div h class userText a href members bassetman class username dir auto itemprop name bassetman a em class userTitle itemprop title Moderator - Gone but never forgotten em h div class extraUserInfo dl class pairsJustified dt Joined dt dd Jun dd dl dl class pairsJustified dt Messages dt dd a href search member user id class concealed rel nofollow a dd dl div span class arrow span span span div div div class messageInfo primaryContent div class messageContent article blockquote class messageText SelectQuoteContainer ugc baseHtml Is this a USB device on an older computer br Sometimes they need a certain amt of power that an older sys may not be able to supply br br I had that problem with a logitech netcam br br John div class messageTextEndMarker nbsp div blockquote article div div class messageMeta ToggleTriggerAnchor div class privateControls span class item muted span class authorEnd a href members bassetman class username author dir auto bassetman a span a href threads logitech-optical-mouse post- title Permalink class datePermalink span class DateTime title Feb at AM Feb span a span div div class publicControls a href threads logitech-optical-mouse post- title Permalink class item muted postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger data-href posts permalink a div div div id likes-post- div div li li id post- class message data-author n gun div class messageUserInfo itemscope itemscope itemtype http data-vocabulary org Person div class messageUserBlock div class avatarHolder span class helper span a href members n gun class avatar Av m data-avatarhtml true img src data image png base iVBORw KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAGAAAABgCAYAAADimHc AAAFg lEQVR u dWXPaVhiGXwkhgcFgsDGLzWZsHMfjNEs bX zf IvetvOZJpk sSxgwGzy y WSR lcYHuVMvCATzPXc jHSWB zsKY PtxMQC OnISABJIAgASSAIAEkgCABJIAgASSAIAEkgCABJIAgASSAIAEkgCA... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-optical-mouse.121328/
Relevancy 53.32%

Has anybody here that has a MX1000 mouse had any problems with the pointer being very erratic and jittery? I started experiencing this a few weeks ago, and it just kept getting worse and worse. I checked the Logitech forums and found out that a lot of people are having this problem. There are new drivers that are supposed to solve this problem, but that didn't work for me and a lot of others.

Anyway, I called Logitech this morning and after a few questions, they are sendiing me a new mouse to replace the one I have. The were very easy to deal with and tried to be helpful. Just thought I give them a pat on the back.

It remains to be seen if this problem is fixed though, as I have seen that even some of the replacement mice are defective. I guess I'll fiind out in a couple of days.

A:Logitech MX1000 mouse

I have had my Logitech MX1000 for one week and I am in love with it. Mice have never been my favorite critters, but I learned to live with them because I had to. When I bought my computer earlier this year and it had an optical mouse included, I was very happy to be rid of the cord and the infernal mouse ball. Then I realized that the thing was using batteries by the score.

When I saw the MX 1000 at Sam's, I wasn't even interested in the performance, only the rechargeable battery. I have had no trouble, as you describe, but I have seen many consumer reviews by people who have.

It took me some time to get used to the size and shape and I had to relearn how to hold the mouse because, apparently I had been doing it wrong all these years, but that and the location of the "cruise up" button are the only problems that I have had and I've gotten used to those.

I used my old HP optical mouse today, just for comparison and I can't believe how lousy it feels and performs. I use my mouse on an old wood-grain formica dining table and it is just a joy to use.

When you consider how much I hated the mouse when Windows was first introduced and how utterly unenamored I have been with it for the last ten-plus years, it is all the more remarkable that I would be singing the praises of one.

This is one fine product.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-mx1000-mouse.17788/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am using Win XP Home Edition and have just bought a new MX1000 Logitech Mouse which is connected to the computer using the PS/2, the mouse works perfectly, except for when i switch the computer off, then the mouse doesn't work anymore, i have to switch the computer off, unplug the mouse, turn the computer on, then turn it off again, plug the mouse in again and then switch the computer back on so that the mouse starts to work again. If anybody could help me with this problem i would be very thankfull.

Relevancy 53.32%

My Logitech cable mouse was acting up and a bit dodgy, so I thought, go and get another. Bought a Logitech Wireless Mouse and in games its very hit and miss, it works, it stutters etc. It is right by the usb plug in, so its not that. Looks like its back to usb mouse?

A:Logitech Wireless Mouse

Just for the record, what type? Try to reinstal Logitech SetPoint.
Open Unifying software, un-pair the mouse and pair it again.
As a gamer, do not forget to disable pointer acceleration.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/56948-logitech-wireless-mouse.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I've had this mouse for quite a while and never had problems with it before. I have a Toshiba Satelite L505-11 running Windows 7 32 bit. I haven't used the mouse in a while, but started playing a game on my laptop that requires a mouse. So I plugged it in and it was fine at first, but now it seems to be having problems. When it messes up, either I can't click on any windows or the desktop but can use the start menu and items pinned to my taskbar, or vice versa. I have to alt tab quite a lot for it to switch between these two different states.

I've reinstalled the driver and it's still the same. I thought the game might have been causing the problem, but I've just resinstalled the OS with the recovery partition, plugged the mouse in, and the same thing again.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I have had a problem with my Logitech G mouse since i got my new Computer I did not have this problem on my old Computer Vista bit and now it randomly freezes and then works again My specs CPU Intel Core Duo Ghz Bundkort P N -SLI Premium RAM gb Corsair XMS xtreme mhz Graphic Geforce XFX ULTRA Mb Dedikeret Windows Vista bit Home Basic I have tried it on another Computer which is running a bit lower on specs but runs vista bit and theres no problems what so ever on there I have tried to reinstall the drivers Also G5 Mouse Problem Logitech for Windows Vista Bit from logitechs homepage and reconnect the mouse in a different usb port but no luck yet i hope someone knows how to fix this or have a suggestion as it is driving me crazy to see the mouse freeze constantly by the way i have checked the speed and it runs at hz Thanks

A:Logitech G5 Mouse Problem

Are you using logitech setpoint software?

Did you tried an other mouse on this pc ...

Is the mouse turning off (the leds don't light ) or just hanging

i didnt have any problems with my g5 till now (and i hope it stays so^^)

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/221901-logitech-g5-mouse-problem.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok when i go and Right click on a video file and goto open with it like lags in the menu. I tried uninstalling the device driver for it and it didnt change anything its a optical cordless mouseman

A:Logitech Mouse Lags

It's probably not the mouse. Do you have a real time virus scanner enabled. When you click on the file the virus scanner is probably scanning it causing the slow down.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mouse-lags.232787/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey, I was thinking about buying a Logitech MX510 mouse for the holidays but I read it uses USB 1.1 and not 2.0. Would this affect the general performance of the mouse, like in games for example?

Relevancy 53.32%

I bought a trio pack from costco that includes a wireless keyboard, mouse, and webcam. The mouse didnt work properly, if I didnt touch it for about 5 seconds it would freeze until I clicked the button, and it would unfreeze. Thinking this was the mouses problem I took back the set and exchanged it for the exact same one. STILL does it, I even tried on my moms computer, she even has a logitech optical wireless mouse and it works fine. Anybody know what could be causing this? Thanks!

Relevancy 53.32%

My mouse tends to stick and requires to be lifted off my desk.

What is the best surface e.g. colour/material etc on which to use an optical mouse

Thanks

John

A:Logitech Optical Mouse

Plain cloth surface (for eg. velvet) will suit fine. Colour doesn't matter.
Just curious, isn't usage of mouse pad is widely common? Or else, you can even use daily newspaper I guess, will sure be better than desk surface in my opinion.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-optical-mouse.943489/
Relevancy 53.32%

hello,

I'v been using my logitech click it mouse (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2142,CONTENTID=6906) for a few months now and have been having some problems with it. i dont remember when they actually started. but when im moving the mouse sometimes it will jump up to the top right corner, where the X would be in a window and to the bottom left corner, where START would be, so i dont konw if this is some feature on the mouse i could turn off or if the mouse is reading false movements, this happens alot, its very annoying, excpesially when im playing a game and the mouse is jumping all around...

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys. i wanna get a new mouse for christmas and i have a decent one right now but still, ive been wanting the mx-518 for a long time. can some1 tell me how there experience has been? im gonna use it till i get to college (so lets say 2 years) and im a gamer as well. so 2-3 questions:

1. how would you rate the mx 518 from 1-10 (please dont say yes its good or no its bad, i want some explaination)

2. is the mouse segmented or smooth scrolling (meaning when you scroll, do you hear a click like theres segments the mouse stops or is it smooth)

3. if theres any other mouse that you recommend that is for gaming and is reliable?

Thanks!!

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I have installed an upgrade from XP to vista on my fathers PC. He has a cordless mouse from logitech and keyboard. The keyboard works fine but I cannot get the mouse to work. I have downloaded the driver from logitech but no joy. Thinking it may be a conflict from changing platforms. Any ideas?

A:logitech mouse hiding

I'm not a great fan of Logitech software - but use it anyway because I use their Trackball and want to assign the scroll wheel button as the "Back" key.

That being said, the best solution that I've found for their malfunctioning software is to remove their software, then remove the device, then reboot and reinstall the software.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199019/logitech-mouse-hiding/
Relevancy 53.32%

This isn't a major problem for me but just something I would like to identify the cause of.

I have a Logitech G7 Mouse, for the most part I have no problems with it at all however it does cause a slight annoyance.

When operating on the desktop it random switches into scroll mode (as if you had pressed the middle mouse button / wheel). A quick click of the same button reverts it back and it works fine.

I never have the problem in any games, it will work perfectly all the time I am gaming, it only occurs when using desktop applications.

Anyone got any thoughts on what might cause it?

Specs are in my profile and below:

Core 2 Duo E4600
XFX Geforce 8800GT Alpha Dog
Soundblaster Live 24 bit
2Gb OCZ RAM @ 800Mhz
Asus P5N-E SLI Motherboard
DVD Burner
1x 120Gig SATA HDD
1x 40Gb IDE HDD (Backup)

WinXP Pro SP3 (all up to date)

A:Logitech G7 mouse Iritation

One quick bump incase someone in the know missed it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-g7-mouse-iritation.849956/
Relevancy 53.32%

For some unknown reason my Logitech G5 mouse will not recognize its assigned keystrokes within the game Battlefield 2. They have worked but suddenly stopped.

Keystroke assignments are:-

Scroll wheel DOWN = Button #1
Scroll wheel LEFT = Button #4
Scroll wheel RIGHT = Button #3
Front side button = Button #2
Back side button = Button #NUM2

The mouse is working fine if I use the keystrokes in Notepad and even use the mouse within Battlefield 2 on my other computer.
I have downloaded the latest driver software from Logitech, uninstalled both the software and Battlefield 2 and re-installed them but the problem remains.

I am now lost as what to do next. Any ideas please.
I appreciate any replies.
Thank you.

A:Logitech G5 Mouse problem

A quick update.....I still can't sort it out, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I have created another account to see if it was a profile problem but that didn't work either.

One more thing, this has happened since I installed Vista Premium over a fresh install of Windows XP Pro. Could that cause issues?

I do have the latest Vista Setpoint software installed!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-g5-mouse-problem.705772/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Windows XP operating system, but that may not apply. My Logitech mouse is only about 6 months old. I had switched from a Windows 7 system on a new computer back to my old computer with XP on it but am using a new mouse with it.

The mouse pointer sometimes just goes haywire and points anywhere on the screen it wants to and I have to shake the mouse around and go get it and put it back where it belongs. Any ideas?

A:Crazy Logitech Mouse

There are a few steps you could take

Check the Logitech website for an updated driver
Support + Downloads

You could reinstall the driver completely.

You could try a spare mouse and see if the problem persists which would narrow it down to being an XP problem or the mouse at fault.

You could double check and make sure the mouse if fully compatible with Windows XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crazy-logitech-mouse-663866.html
Relevancy 53.32%

When I use the scroll in AOL I loose everything on the screen and cannot get it back. Any ideas? Have to sign off and sign back on. Using AOL 9.0 and logitech combination cordless mouse and keyboard.

A:logitech cordless mouse/AOL

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/t198677/s2003a133027105b949c100b1c8c50bc9.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-cordless-mouse-aol.197749/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there,
I am using a HP Pavilion dv9000. Windows Vista with SP1 32 bit Home intertainment OS. Two GB ram and 250 GB hard drive. I have a Logitech wireless mouse running on Set point 4.0a2 software. I hope that's all the information required.
Some time ago I made a setting change to my mouse that caused any window that is not fully maximized to minimize if the mouse pointer is moved away from the window. I have found this to be very frustrating. Now I can't remember where I made the change. I have looked everywhere. Can anybody help me with this?
I would be very great full.
Thanks,
Dave

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/logitech-wireless-mouse-problem-358565.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Regardless of which program I am in all of a sudden the cursor of my Logitech MX wireless mouse starts going all jittery It MX700 Logitech Mouse Jittery will move very slowly almost like trying to pull some squirming jelly-fish across the screen It is very difficult to control and all I can do is reboot the PC after which it is back to normal The problem comes up anywhere from minutes to - hours after booting Hardware Environment Home-built MoBo Asus A V AMD Athlon XP- with Zalman flower x MB Jittery Logitech MX700 Mouse Corsair memory x GB Seagate Barracuda IV Matrox G MB AGP-card Belkin F D network card MoBo-integrated sound Logitech Internet keyboard without any drivers loaded and the problem-giving Logitech MX wireless mouse it s base attached to a USB port My problem occurs on USB and PS ports as well According to Asus-Probe my MoBo temperature C and the CPU C Software Environment Windows Pro with SP Norton AV Agnitum Outpost Pro Firewall Diskeeper Jittery Logitech MX700 Mouse Workstation set to quot Set it and forget it quot MS Office CPU-Idle VIA Hyperion in V drivers Opera and Avant Browsers IE is installed but I never use it nor do I use Outlook Pegasus instead Currently using the standard Logitech mouse-driver as built-in from Win I have tried all sorts of mouse-drivers from both Logitech and Micro oft All give me the same Jittery Logitech MX700 Mouse grief Before I had the corded MS Intellimouse Explorer and that one completely froze both my keyboard and the mouse only a hard reset could remedy it Again regardless of being connected to USB or or PS Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Jittery Logitech MX700 Mouse

Have you tried using a similar but workable mouse? It could be something wrong with your mouse it self. Before confirming anything make sure you have the latest USB and mouse driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/jittery-logitech-mx700-mouse.7012/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I recently purchased this new Logitech LX7 mouse (Dark blue color) I have everything connected and fine however, whenever I play Counter-Strike: Source, my ingame becomes really extremely laggy when I move around due to my mouse. Also, sometimes my right/left mouse buttons become stick together when I fire or use my special fire.

My mouse settings:

Pointer Speed -> Fast
Pointer Accel. -> Low
Speed & Aceel. -> OS implemenation.

I had tried numerous amounts of configs, batteries fine, up-to-date software, but still cannot figure out the problem!? Can somebody PLZ help me!

Thank You,

Alex

A:Logitech LX7 Mouse Problem (While Playing CS:s)

That is a problem mouse with certain configurations, and with Windows VISTA. Which OS do you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-lx7-mouse-problem-while-playing-cs-s.74892/
Relevancy 52.46%

After having repeated crashes with xp, about once every several days now - I see that it happens on a mouse scroll.

The scroll freezes, then when continuing with the mouse, the pc bluescreens.

Anyone heard of, or had experiences with Logitech causing XP crashes?

SetPoint;
- Control Center version 6.30.41
- Driver version 5.30.67

Relevancy 52.46%

My set point software crashed and needed to be re-installed. After I did this,(and installed UberOptions) my mouse is acting up. Actually it's getting worse by the hour. The thumbwheel scroll skips: i.e. will stop scrolling and a few seconds later, play catch-up. My pointer will stay as an "I" beam rather than a finger over links. I have to click twice to re-position cursor.

Also, strange thing: my keyboard (wired Saitek) is typing very slow.

Any thought's, comments, suggestions?

...screamer

EDIT: I un-installed UberOptions and this seem much better. Thumbwheel still plays catch-up, but I guess I'll have to live w/ it.

A:Logitech MX Revolution mouse issue

Just saw this issue a week ago...follow this link http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/logitech_en_amr.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3757

Even if you reinstalled Setpoint, uninstall and reinstall again. Should fix it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mx-revolution-mouse-issue.574968/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Logitech compatible Optical Wheel mouse. I have the latest Mouseware from Logitech. The mouse is recognised and it allows me to set it up. I have a multiboot system 98se,2k,Xp etc. The mouse is set up the same in all.
Now the wheel works and allows me to scroll in 98se but not in 2k SP4 or XP SP1a
Does anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 52.46%

Every now and again I d have an issue where internet explorer would display only small text I d go to toolbar and select medium text in view but it would immediately go back to smallest and when I d type I d get odd characters and spaces Logitech Mouse/Keyboard Gone Nuts would be skipped without my doing so I recently discovered that it s linked to the mouse Logitech Mouse/Keyboard Gone Nuts and keyboard and not any kind of virus or spyware as I thought Basically it s as if my mouse wheel is rapidly moving itself and again typing is near impossible Sometimes when I type programs randomly open I have a Logitech MX Keyboard and MX Mouse both wireless I ve realized that I have a program open in the system tray with Logitech settings I believe it s called setpoint Anyhow when I close this program all my problems are solved but none of the hotkeys on the keyboard work When I open that program everything starts going haywire again I can live without the hot keys but It s be nice to have them Any ideas on whats going on Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Anyone have this happen? Lately my computer is crashing when I move my logitech mouse. Usually, it happens when I use the scroll wheel. The computer just shuts down. No BSOD or warning. It's only happening on my Vista drive. Doesn't happen on W7 drive. Could it be a driver issue? It just started to happen recently, after many months of use.

A:Logitech mouse crashing windows?

Now the problem is happening with my Gateway corded-mouse as well. Now and then, when I use scroll button, the computer just shuts off. So it's not a Logitech issue, as it happens with whatever mouse I use. So I wonder if it's a virus, or something peculiar to Vista? I did scan with Malwarebites, but it found nothing. Really at a loss. Would love to use Vista as main drive again!

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/303554-logitech-mouse-crashing-windows.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I did a brief search for similar topics but couldn t find anything So i apologise if this has been covered elsewhere I have recently bought a Logitech G Wireless Mouse I have installed their quot Setpoint quot driver software and the mouse performs as expected around Windows and in Web Browsers I have made a couple of adjustments to the default settings such as having one of the Resolution buttons configured as a next button whilst in Firefox My problem is that in games Counter-strike F E A R when I am configuring my controls I am unable to assign the Wheel Mouse Button or the Fourth Button Left side of mouse Cannot Mouse Logitech Games G7 - Buttons use 3rd/4th in to any in Logitech G7 Mouse - Cannot use 3rd/4th Buttons in Games game action Running WindowsXP Service Pack Fresh Install No previous Mouse Drivers Installed ---Update--- When i Disable the Setpoint software I can use the extra buttons Is anyone familiar with this application and might be able to help me with this Any help or guidance you offer regarding this matter is most appreciated Kind Regards Nnahrino nbsp

A:Logitech G7 Mouse - Cannot use 3rd/4th Buttons in Games

It's possible the games have their own drivers for your mouse, and they are conflicting with the system drivers for the mouse...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-g7-mouse-cannot-use-3rd-4th-buttons-in-games.502877/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I recently purchased a wireless Logitech Mouse M nd gen to use on my laptop running Windows The only issue that I come across with now is that when I unplug the USB connector my laptop will not reactivate my trackpad When the mouse is plugged in the trackpad becomes disabled but it does Logitech Mouse Issues [SOLVED] not re-enable after disconnecting the mouse I have tried using the shortcut to toggle the trackpad fn f [SOLVED] Logitech Mouse Issues in my case but it stills shows the trackpad as locked and it does not work The trackpad works on the login screen so I know it is not an issue on the functionality of the trackpad I found a temporary workaround where I enter Settings gt Control Panel gt Device Manager gt Mice and other point devices At this point I have three drivers all up to date ELAN PS Port Smart-Pad HID-compliant mouse Location on Wacom Virtual Hid Driver HID-compliant mouse Location on USB Input Device If I delete the second driver it automatically deletes the third and then the trackpad works again Unfortunately upon rebooting the computer the drivers are reinstalled and the trackpad again remains useless after login I have to [SOLVED] Logitech Mouse Issues plug the mouse usb back Any help would be sincerely appreciated Sincerely Aaron

A:[SOLVED] Logitech Mouse Issues

Hi Aaron, and welcome to TSF.

What is the exact make and model of the laptop please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-logitech-mouse-issues-705737.html
Relevancy 52.46%

my mouse lags terribly when i play WoW and it's really annoying. I don't know what it can be..I've changed my wireless modes to B only, G only, and Mixed...none of them change the problem, and it doesn't seem to occur in other games, just WoW....

the only thing i can think is my wireless is interfering....the mouse sits literally 6 inches away from the receiver so i don't think range is an issue.

but whats weird is things like bit torrent and browsing the web doesn't seem to mess my mouse up, just damn warcraft.

Relevancy 52.46%

I am running 64-bit Windows 7 and using a Logitech G5 mouse. It periodically stops working: I can still move the cursor but clicks do not work. To fix it, I have to hit ctrl-alt-del and click cancel - it then works fine, until it decides to stop working again.

I am a gamer and so this poses a large problem.

I have installed the latest setpoint drivers for 64-bit win7.

I have also tried using a different USB port - same problem.

I have seen that others have this problem, on various support sites, but no one had a good solution other than to reinstall drivers.

What should I do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-g5-mouse-has-issues-with-windows-7.970617/
Relevancy 52.46%

So I have the mouse in the thread title, and it has this new problem of randomly freezing up randomly for three to five seconds. It's incredibly annoying. There's a thread on the Logitech forums about it, but Logitech isn't that helpful

You can see it here: Logitech mouse G7 freezes - Mice - Hardware - Logitech Forums

Anywho, someone claims it's a driver issue, so I'm posting it in this section. It happened on my XP laptop, too, so it's not technically a Vista 64 trouble. Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice you guys could offer.

A:Logitech G7 Wireless Mouse problems

I also have the same Logitech G7 mouse, and I HAD the same problem awhile back.
The cause: too many wireless toys lying too close too one another bearing the same frequency...channel 6 2.4GHz?
I have attached screenshots.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/150128-logitech-g7-wireless-mouse-problems.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm having a problem uninstalling a logitech M310 wireless mouse, been using it for quite a ehile and it finally craped out so i bought a new one but when I go into program files for setpoint and click on the uninstaller nothing happens, can I just delete everything under setpoint ?, i have the revo uninstaller program but the logitech setpoint program does not show there.
Thanks for any help on this.

A:Uninstalling a logitech wireless mouse

Update, silly me, didn't think about removing it in programs and features, it's gone now.
The new wireless mouse I bought is plug n play, no software.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620002/uninstalling-a-logitech-wireless-mouse/