Windows Support Forum

Win XP pro 64x Mobile AMD athlon 64 processor 4000+ power management/Cpu speed issue

Q: Win XP pro 64x Mobile AMD athlon 64 processor 4000+ power management/Cpu speed issue

Hi everyone I am having a hard time with my laptop after it came back from a repair at the shop i installed win xp pro x and fully updated the whole thing my windows continues to claim that my processor works at a mhz at all times i athlon pro processor issue XP Mobile 64x speed 64 power Win 4000+ management/Cpu AMD am able to launch games Win XP pro 64x Mobile AMD athlon 64 processor 4000+ power management/Cpu speed issue like EVE online and run all my programs but when i try to launch Hellgate London i get the message that i am not meeting the minimun requirements of mhz it then proceeds to the game and i can log in to my account and play BUT the whole thing is in a super accelerated mode can anybody help me with this i already searched microsoft and google for solutions and cant seem to find anything my AMD Power monitor says that i am running mhz as i should be i have tried to change the reg key to mhz instead but this doesnt help i have also tried to install the newest amd drivers i have also tried to install SpeedSwitch to Win XP pro 64x Mobile AMD athlon 64 processor 4000+ power management/Cpu speed issue force my computer into max speed at all times cpu goes slower when its not working please help me if u can i am totally out of ideas here my system is the Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo A G laptop Mobile AMD athlon processor ATI radeon mobility x gb ram the power management system is ACPI thx in advance Aron Rohden

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Win XP pro 64x Mobile AMD athlon 64 processor 4000+ power management/Cpu speed issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Win XP pro 64x Mobile AMD athlon 64 processor 4000+ power management/Cpu speed issue

Boot to BIOS, Check the settings there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-pro-64x-mobile-amd-athlon-64-processor-4000-power-management-cpu-speed-issue-195574.html
Relevancy 91.16%

What is the safest, most stable and highest clock speed this CPU can go up to? I just figured out how to overclock it, and I understand that it can be dangerous and must be done only by a few notches at a time. Before I had it clocked at 2.11 GHz (Original) but now I have it clocked at 2.12 GHz. What is the maximum clock speed it can go up to?

A:What is the maximum clock speed an AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 4000+ can go up to?

I have taken one of those up to 2.4Ghz, but I didn't go any higher. Before you overclock, also make sure your heatsink will be able to handle cooling it.

And remember that all CPU's are different, just because somebody can get theirs up to 5Ghz doesn't mean someone else with the same CPU can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-the-maximum-clock-speed-an-amd-athlon-x2-dual-core-4000-can-go-up-to.1052896/
Relevancy 86.43%

My daughter has complained runs Mobile speed at Athlon 40% that her machine feels sluggish and slower than usual for a while and I have been less than attentive putting it down to her impatience Mobile Athlon runs at 40% speed The board is an A N X-E Deluxe at Reev with a Mobile Athlon XP-M processor about which the writeup at Wikipedia is extremely complimentary Athlon XP-Ms were popular with desktop overclockers as well as underclockers The lower voltage requirement and higher heat rating resulted in CPUs that were basically quot cherry picked quot from the manufacturing line Being the best of the cores off the line the CPUs typically were more reliably overclocked than their desktop- headed counterparts Also the fact that they weren t locked to a single multiplier was a significant simplification for the overclocking process Some Barton core Athlon XP-Ms have been successfully overclocked to as high as GHz As per AsusProbe her processor is only running at MHz That s of what s possible and less than half the it should be Confirmed this with CPU-ID so it really is pitiful The BIOS settings were on Automatic and the grayed out values identified by square paren set look like the correct numbers X is spot on for a processor Not knowing why the actual was only X I tried to force a higher rate by modified the settings as shown behind the slash New effect zilch Code Advanced Chipset Features CPU External Freq MHz MHz CPU Frequency Multiple Setting Auto Menu CPU Frequency Multiple X X System Performance Optimal Aggressive CPU Interface Optimal Memory Frequency SPD Resulting Frequency MHz Memory Timings Optimal SDRAM Active Precharge Delay SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay SDRAM RAS Precharge Delay SDRAM CAS Latency T FSB Spread Spectrum AGP Spread Spectrum Disabled CPU Vcore Setting Auto Manual CPU Vcore V V Graphics Aperture Size MB AGP Frequency Auto System BIOS Cacheable Disabled That it is running slower is not her imagination When the CMOS was lost due to a weak battery the previous settings disappeared They must have been set to maximize performance from the Mobile chip If anyone can point out what it takes to make the Mobile chip run faster I would certainly appreciate it Note When external frequency is forced to to match the memory the chip accepts it and runs at Mhz nbsp

A:Mobile Athlon runs at 40% speed

The Barton 2400+ is supposed to be clocked at 1800MHz. Check whether AMD Cool And Quiet is enabled in the BIOS. If it is, disable it. The CPU should then definitely function at 1800MHz at all times. Cool And Quiet usually lowers the speed when the system is idle to conserve power.

The Bus Speed should be 266MHz with the multiplier at 13.5, I think.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobile-athlon-runs-at-40-speed.161297/
Relevancy 79.98%

If anyone has any Ideas on this I would appreciate it greatly.

A:AMD Athlon 2650e, 1.6GHz Processor is running at half speed!

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

What happens if you run a game or a large program? The processor should increase the the max power. Today most processors can idle therefore they don't use max power.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/amd-athlon-2650e-1-6ghz-processor-is-running-at-half-speed-634944.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I'm adjusting some power settings in group policy for a special set of tablets Panasonic H in our organization that are in high use I have a question about one setting in there I'm unfamiliar with which is processor power management I've read some white papers from Microsoft along with Google research but I'm yet to find a good answer on how to properly adjust these settings to extend battery life The first thing that looks weird to me is that in the group policy it is represented as a time in minutes but when you edit management processor power the settings it is represented as a percentage I was wondering if anyone had knowledge on these settings or another website with some useful information about what to adjust here The H processor power management tablets use remote apps for the most part so I feel like I could reduce CPU power without affecting performance within processor power management the remote apps they use Their biggest problem is battery life right now

A:processor power management

Just set minimum to the lowest it can go and let the computer handle it. I this case, 0. That way the computer will adjust the frequency of the CPU when it needs to. Otherwise it will stay at the minimum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/186647-processor-power-management.html
Relevancy 76.11%

They have the same clock speed, same cache, same interface, and virtually the same performance in benchmarks... (the cores are different, thats it [and only on some models])
So whats the difference justifying the 200-250 Dollar price break????
Also, the Process may be different... is 130 nm or 90 nm better? and why?

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,
I want to learn how to manage ARM processor power management with LINUX (for example the Cortex-A53 MP Core).
Can someone recommend literature, a tutorial or web based information?
Thank you in advance
Manfred

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/arm-processor-power-management-with-linux.210897/
Relevancy 75.68%

hi all is there a tutorial for processor power management in the power options? my interest is mainly system cooling policy and the correct definitions

ah i think i found what i was looking for

Quote:
passive cooling policy (it slows down the processor before increasing fan speed) or an active cooling policy (it increases the fan speed before slowing down the processor).

A:tutorial for processor power management?

Do you mean the active/passive cooling stuff?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/215834-tutorial-processor-power-management.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,
I would like to ask you about my problem in Window 7 professional 32bit.
I just reinstall it, and update it. But when I change Processor Power Management at 5% min and 80% max in power plan at both battery and plugin, so when I am in Windows everything works fine, but when I start a game in full-screen, this power plan will change to 100% for max and min, and stay like that.

I change it as Administrator. It is on laptop Toshiba A300D.
But before this last reinstall everything works fine. Really don't know where problem is.
Have you any ideas? Thanks.

A:Processor Power Management in game

Do you have TOSHIBA Power Saver controls installed ???

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/248021-processor-power-management-game.html
Relevancy 74.82%

My laptop (an HP Pavilion) has been running hot for a while. I haven't checked actual temps, but it just feels hot and the fan runs ALL the time. I was just looking in the advanced power management settings (Vista OS), and discovered under "processor power management" that both the maximum AND minimum processor state were set to 100%. Does that mean the processor is running at full power all the time? If I understand correctly and the minimum state is the lowest the processor will go when idle, wouldn't it make more sense to set this much lower? And if so, how low is advisable?

Thanks in advance!

A:Processor power management settings in Vista

You can lower the Minimum state, that would indeed help. You could try setting the power management scheme to HP Recommended or Balanced, those will automatcially the recommended settings.

I would also buy a can of compressed air and thoroughly blow out all the vents on the laptop.

And if its an HP Pavilion series then you should check into BIOS updates. Many HP's have severe issues with overheating and failures, see here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01087277&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en
Even if your laptops is not on that list, there are improvements in fan control for other models as well. You can check for BIOS updates here: http://welcome.hp.com/country/ca/en/support.html

Also make sure you have Service Pack 2 installed for Vista, it also includes some changes to power management.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-power-management-settings-in-vista.912155/
Relevancy 73.96%

I ve recently upgraded from windows vista home to windows ultimate I ve experienced some issues with quot sudden quot and quot random quot display closures To put it simply the screen goes black not completely there s still a slight glow of grey as opposed to completely shut off and I cannot see my mouse or anything If i try to input a key stroke a sound sometimes 7 + Black management : Screen Processor Windows power appears I Windows 7 : Black Screen + Processor power management ve adjusted my power settings to not turn off in ANY situation and the problem still persists Then I tried changing the quot Processor power management quot and changed maximum to minimum is also originally as opposed to in the default setting This seemed to fixed the constant sudden and random black screens but I m afraid this has decreased my laptop s performance These are the specs and I hope someone can tell me what was wrong and how I can go back to a high performance setting without experiencing sudden screen outages Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual-Core QL- AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Quanta None Antivirus BitDefender Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Windows 7 : Black Screen + Processor power management

Is this a laptop for desktop? Sounds like overheating on the video. Vista is getting old so have you ever cleaned the machine? Use compressed air to do the cleaning.

Anyone else with some ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-black-screen-processor-power-management.1014798/
Relevancy 73.1%

All on 7 disabled to processor a are firmware Performance features management due power Thanks in advance for reading I recently built an I bit EVGA x SLI board GB dominator ram Nvidia Performance power management features on processor 7 are disabled due to a firmware GTX Vista Premium and got some frequent blue screens during boot although once it booted ran no problems under heavy use I updated bios and chipset driver graphics driver and system Havn t had any blue screens in awhile although the updates didn t immedietly fix the issue but I get the below messages in the event viewer on every boot Should I be very concerned Any ideas what else I can update or what might be the quot firmware problem quot Performance power management features on processor are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware Performance power management features on processor are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware Performance power management features on processor are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware Performance power management features on processor are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware Performance power management features on processor are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware Performance power management features on processor are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware Performance power management features on processor are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware nbsp

A:Performance power management features on processor 7 are disabled due to a firmware

I have almost the same exact setup, but still have blue screens, and the identical error messages. Were you able to find a fix?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/performance-power-management-features-on-processor-7-are-disabled-due-to-a-firmware.825015/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a i - on a EVGA x power on management are firmware features processor Performance prob to disabled due SLI Performance power management features on processor are disabled due to firmware prob board running Windows -x In my Event Viewer log there is an error message that reads quot Performance power management features on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware quot There are new error messages added to the log everytime that I boot-up I contacted EVGA and one tech said that it was a Window problem and I would have to wait on a SP from Microsoft Another tech said that it is an Intel problem and that I should contact Intel I have later learned that they both are wrong I contacted Intel and the tech there told me that the problem may be related to Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology EIST and Enhanced Halt State C E Here is what I did to fix the error messages In the BIOS I went to Frequency gt Voltage Control and enabled Intel Speed step and set the CxE function to C Hopefully this will help others that are having this error message in their Event Viewer nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/performance-power-management-features-on-processor-are-disabled-due-to-firmware-prob.914108/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a brand new Athlon 64 4000, and an old pc which is gently dying (2500+ Barton and AS Rock board, 512 of PC3200, a couple of random IDE hard drives, and a creative audigy2 platinum. I would like to get a new mobo in which to install the 4000, but which will also be happy to deal with as many parts of the old pc as possible until I can afford to replace bits as and when.

I am happy to add more RAM as the first option, but there seem to be a fair few 939 boards out there.

I don't game, and my main interest is sound, so overclocking is not important.

Can you chaps please suggest a board I might buy? Has to be around the £50/60 ($100/120) mark.

Thanks!

A:Motherboard for new Athlon 64 4000?

josbd said:

I have a brand new Athlon 64 4000, and an old pc which is gently dying (2500+ Barton and AS Rock board, 512 of PC3200, a couple of random IDE hard drives, and a creative audigy2 platinum. I would like to get a new mobo in which to install the 4000, but which will also be happy to deal with as many parts of the old pc as possible until I can afford to replace bits as and when.

I am happy to add more RAM as the first option, but there seem to be a fair few 939 boards out there.

I don't game, and my main interest is sound, so overclocking is not important.

Can you chaps please suggest a board I might buy? Has to be around the £50/60 ($100/120) mark.

Thanks! Click to expand...

I am guessing that you have a Socket 939 CPU right?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-for-new-athlon-64-4000.65789/
Relevancy 70.52%

They both have the same clock speed, same amount of L2 cache, and for the most part, match up in most benchmarks that i see...

What is the difference between an Athlon 64 FX-53 and an Athlon 64 4000+

A:Athlon 64 FX-53 vs Athlon 64 4000+

Mainly, the price. The 4000+ is a newer chip if it is the San Diego. The FX-53 will have unlocked multipliers but to be truthful I'd rather have the 4000+ San Diego than the FX-53.

The older 4000+ was 130 nm technology while the newer one is 90 nm tech. 90 nm runs cooler on less vcore and has SSE3 instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/athlon-64-fx-53-vs-athlon-64-4000.426239/
Relevancy 70.09%

this is my first thread and my first question i feel like i have a long way to go on building a new gaming pc but ill start here AMD athlon is it an over kill the new computer is for gaming and all gaming??? Is an for athlon an overkill 64 AMD 4000+ those lovely small applications aim word etc etc etc or would a AMD athlon be ok for gaming and whats not i went to toms hardware guide and i saw the FPS and obviously k is up Is an AMD athlon 64 4000+ an overkill for gaming??? there all the time http www tomshardware com cpu html modelx amp model amp model amp chart and i mean HL Flight sim X NFSMW etc all those good games i want them to play flawlessy i know i have to take in consideration the motherboard Ram and Video card mobo IDK ram gigs min IDK wat brand video nvdia gtx iv allways had nvidia and i figured ill go all out with the card ati is great but ill pass and a gig drive or something iv read so much on the MOBo ill make a separate thread for that lol but guys i still have time i havent bought anything i can allways save a lil more but im looking to spend around max max can be a lil more flexible the only downside on me being flexible is i have to save which means more time aaand id like it soon soo im sorry if this is too long and please tell me anything that i should be aware of thanks alot to the site and everyone nbsp

A:Is an AMD athlon 64 4000+ an overkill for gaming???

I guess it all depends on how long you want the CPU to last you.

I have the 3700 (939) and it performs amazingly, and it'll hold me over for some time yet. I don't think there would be much of a difference between the 4000 and my 3700 in today's games (maybe a few FPS), but as newer CPU intensive games come out, the difference will become more noticable.

If on a budget, I'm tempted to tell you to go for 2Gb of ram and a hot video card (7800GTX or X1900) and stick with the 3500 for now. It'll last you a good year or so before it starts lagging on you. Then upgrade to a nice dual core CPU when the prices are cheaper next year after the release of the M2 CPUs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-an-amd-athlon-64-4000-an-overkill-for-gaming.45023/
Relevancy 69.66%
A:x1950 agp, nforce3, x2 athlon 4000 -problem

AGP? Hmmm dont know here is a simmilar post
X1950 working driver

maybe it will help you...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/13935-x1950-agp-nforce3-x2-athlon-4000-problem.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have an AMD Athlon X processor and I have it overclocked to GHz and I want to get it to at least GHz GHz the minimum It was originally clocked at GHz to begin with but I d like it faster than the Help! 4000+ AMD Athlon X2 Solved: Barrier. Overclocking Please current OC that I have Solved: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ Overclocking Barrier. Please Help! now I have GB of DDR RAM that is clocked at MHz I have an Phoenix Award WorkstationBios Unknown version not updated since computer was purchased in and I have the clock speed right now at I ll have to check it again in order to get the complete info Anyways the problem I m having is if I set the CPU speed above or the CPU multiplier higher than x or Auto I ll restart the computer and the POST screen will say something to the effect of The computer is in Safe Mode please re-setting CPU speed in BIOS It says it exactly that way then it ll give me the option to press delete for the setup screen F for the boot device selection or F to boot If I boot it into Windows XP Home Edition after that screen I ll boot the operating system but it will only say that the CPU clock speed is either GHz or GHz nbsp

A:Solved: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ Overclocking Barrier. Please Help!

Never mind, got it all figured out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-amd-athlon-x2-4000-overclocking-barrier-please-help.1052916/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,

In Device Manager>USB root hub properties>Power management> I untick the box that "allowsthe computer to turn off this device to save power" but whenever I turn my computer on this box has been automatically ticked. I don't want this to happen, can anyone suggest how I overcome this problem please?

A:USB root hub power management issue

Will this help?

Power Plan - Restore Default Settings

Power Plan Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/109189-usb-root-hub-power-management-issue.html
Relevancy 67.94%

My girlfriend just got one of these laptops as a gift from her step dad. It's used, it's his old one. The issue is, in the bios, it registers as 2GHz but Windows says it only has a 495MHz processor. It runs super slow.

What could be the problem?

Relevancy 67.08%

I have an issue installing the Lenovo Power Management Driver. Running the ThinkVantage System Update it appears as a criticial update and I have 'installed' it as usual. However every time I run the system update again the Power Management Driver appears again as a cirtical update. Furthermore the software does not appear in Programmes and Features. So I conclude the software never really was installed. I also tried installing it manually with the same effect: I can install it again and again. It never appears anywhere. Furthermore I cannot use the battery settings in the app Lenovo settings and often have an issue that batteries do not load. Does someone have a clue what the problem is? I have uploaded a picture of the update process that I appears again and again no matter how often I install... Thanks for your help!

Update.PNG ?87 KB

A:Issue installing the Power Management Driver on T5...

Have you tried to install the Lenovo Power Management Driver for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit) directly from the http://support.lenovo.com/ website to see if you get any error message during the installation? The latest version I see of the Lenovo Power Management Driver for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit)  is version 1.67.12.16 dated 12.September 2016  Then there is the Lenovo KB Document below that states "There is no Power Manager for Windows 10", which might lead one to believe that Lenovo Power Management does not even work in Windows 10, yet they released a new driver specifically for Windows 10.  Power Manager does not work in Windows 10 - ThinkPadhttps://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht104070 It seems to me that some clarity on this matter is certainly needed from Lenovo. Cheers,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Issue-installing-the-Power-Management-Driver-on-T560-Win10/td-p/3438077
Relevancy 67.08%

I have an issue installing the Lenovo Power Management Driver. Running the ThinkVantage System Update it appears as a criticial update and I have 'installed' it as usual. However every time I run the system update again the Power Management Driver appears again as a cirtical update. Furthermore the software does not appear in Programmes and Features. So I conclude the software never really was installed. I also tried installing it manually with the same effect: I can install it again and again. It never appears anywhere. Furthermore I cannot use the battery settings in the app Lenovo settings and often have an issue that batteries do not load. Does someone have a clue what the problem is? I have uploaded a picture of the update process that I appears again and again no matter how often I install... Thanks for your help!

Update.PNG ?87 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Issue-installing-the-Power-Management-Driver-on-T560-Win10/td-p/3438077
Relevancy 66.65%

I recently upgraded to a HP,Media Center editon pc, Windows XP, AMD Athlon 64 3800+2.4 GHz Processor.

When trying to install Photoshop Album 1.0, I receive this message, "This operating system is not supported by Adobe Photoshop Album. We support Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 , XP Intel Pentium III or 4 processor".

Could my problem with installation be the Athlon processor? When purchasing this computer, our salesman convinced us that the Athlon was just as good as the Pentinum Processor. Any thoughts on this? My computer is less than a week old and having serious thoughts about returning it. I have had problems with other installations. Am I to expect more problems with software and the Athlon processor. Any helpful suggestions will be appreciated. I am getting desperate for advice about the processor.

A:Athlon Processor versus Pentinum Processor in Windows XP

What the message is telling you is that Windows Media Center Edition 2005 is not one of the operating systems that Adobe Photoshop Album 1.0 supports. It has nothing to do with whether an Intel processor or an AMD processor is installed. I checked the system requirements for the newer version 2.0, and it also is not supported by Windows MCE 2005.

By the way, Adobe Photoshop Album 1.0 has a 13.5 MB patch for it and will upgrade it to version 1.0.1. You can get it from here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/athlon-processor-versus-pentinum-processor-in-windows-xp.440153/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi All!

New to the forum and would sure appreciate any advice on a perplexing problem I'm having installing a Microsoft Wireless Mobile 4000 mouse. Upon attempting to install the new drivers, its detecting conflicting device software already installed that may impair the functionality of the new device software.

When I authorize it to remove the conflicting software, I'm getting an error that says "Uninstallation can't find standard mouse driver i8042prt.sys in windows system directory. So you can't uninstall this software." I do find that file in a number of locations.

Strangely enough, the mouse does the rudimentary stuff but the software isn't out there to allow programming of the programmable buttons.

Any ideas??

Many thanks!

A:M/S Wireless Mobile 4000 Installation Error

Uninstall the intellipoint software completely.

Download the latest software from: Software Download

Clean boot

How to Troubleshoot a Problem by Performing a Clean Startup in Windows 7 or Vista

Then install new software

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/117558-m-s-wireless-mobile-4000-installation-error.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello Friends!
I recently installed TuneUp Utilities 2013 on my system(Windows XP).
I noticed a new power saving feature in it which allows you to enable Economy Mode for the same.
However, i have realized that the CPU usage has gone up and is generally at approx. 10% as compared to 4% previously. But one thing to notice is that Commit Charge has decreased a lot, and does not go up more than 350M which used to be approx. 450M before.
So I wanted to know whether power consumption of a pc depends on CPU usage or Commit Charge? Or is there an issue with the software?
Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

A:TuneUp Utilities 2013 power management issue

Power consumption is largely determined by CPU usage. Commit charge has nothing to do with it. It is actually very difficult to explain in a way that is both easy to understand and accurate. I won't try.

As for TuneUp Utilities 2013:
It is yet another one of those do everything utilities that appeals so much to novice users. It contains some useful functions, most of which are already a part of any modern OS, as well as some potentially dangerous ones. In particular a registry cleaner which generally cause more problems than they solve.

I wouldn't use it if it was free, let alone for the asking price.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/tuneup-utilities-2013-power-management-issue-671424.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I recently built a new computer (Intel mobo, Core 2 Duo quad-core, 4GB RAM) and installed the Windows 7 beta (32-bit).

One issue that I have observed seems to be related to power management. After about a half-hour of non-use, the computer seems to go into sleep mode. The screen shuts down, all the fans stop, and the hard drive and power lights go out. It then sits there for about a minute like this, and then, for no reason that I can see, it powers back up again. The fans rev up, the lights come on, the screen takes on a glow (though nothing is displayed), etc.

After a few minutes, it powers down again. After another minute, it powers back up. This cycle seems to go on indefinitely.

Does anone have any idea what might be causing this or what I might do to determine what the problem is? I have never seen anything like this before.

Thanks!

A:Strange Windows 7 beta power management issue...

It could be one of your peripherals waking the computer from sleep.
Check the setting of anything you have that could wake the computer up!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/4940-strange-windows-7-beta-power-management-issue.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi, i just purchased an ENVY 360 with bang olufsen speakers. it actually runs with the realtek hd driver. when i plug in the headphones, every time the computer is silen for about 5 seconds it enters power saving move. then when a sound starts it makes a cracking noise. i have been reading about this issue for about 2 hours now and i can almost ensure that the issue is the power management the realtek does by default. unfortunately, looks like there is no option to disable this. some solutions are disabling it via regedit but i cant find the value for this.  Any ideas?

A:Crack sound headphones - power management issue

Solved!! Well not really, I found a "work around". Driver for the HP 15 ab237na works just fine! - You loose the Bang n Olufsen config tool (nothing that normal windows config can't do)- The card still makes a crack noise just when sound starts, however this one is acceptable- Card still goes into power saving mode so your battery is safe  HP, please give us a permanent solution!  If anyone needs this: Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver    6.0.1.7584 Rev.B    227.7 MB    Jan 8, 2016http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73001-73500/sp73189.exe  Taken from this model:http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-ab200-notebook-pc-series/8499306/mode... 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Crack-sound-headphones-power-management-issue/td-p/5438203
Relevancy 66.22%

Hmmm. Can't believe what you read nowadays anymore. I bought a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 to replace an ailing optical laser mouse that's on its last legs, and on the package it said that one "AA" battery would last for one entire year without replacing. What it meant was, it would have took until the next spring before it's time to replace the battery.

Apparently, the mouse doesn't think like that, it appears, and when I was looking down at it, there was a red warning light indicating that the single battery had already been exhausted from use. Between surfing the web and playing some Team Fortress 2 now and then this is more than just a "mobile" mouse.

A:Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Low Battery Already?

I have never use that mouse but the first thing I would do is try another battery. Make a note of the date installed and go from their. At the present time I have 4 Microsoft battery powered mice with no problems. Many years ago I did have a Microsoft mouse that eat batteries like a puppy eating pork chops. I just through the dam thing away but you might be able to RMA yours. I have been reading reviews and most people complain about is it gets hot with heavy use. I really don't know how that could happen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/240385-microsoft-wireless-mobile-mouse-4000-low-battery-already.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey there My current Spec is in my sig apart from i no longer have g of ram having problems and just running on g atm I will be looking to upgrade in the near future AMD 4000+ worth advice, Processor it? i was going to save up my money and mybye get a duo or something at xmas when they will have went down a bit in price But i Noticed Overclockers co uk are doing a AMD San Diego for a good price Ive been told many a Processor advice, AMD 4000+ worth it? time how the AMD is a very good processor for gaming and since my birthday Processor advice, AMD 4000+ worth it? is coming up i figured i might just ask for one of these cant ask for anything TO pricey But what i really wanna know is will it give me much more performance that i have just now My system is kinda bottlenecked by my CPU atm and i m curious if this processor will help out As for the games i play pretty much anything especially MOH which is OpenGl which i think stresses the CPU and the processor i have just now can handle MOST games on high spec but it tends to fall in spots I also had a m who claimed that with this processor you can record yourself with FRAPS for example a demanding tool and not experiance any performance decrease He may have been lying as i never saw this for myself let me know if you have an idea on this one Anyways i just wanna know if it would be worth upgrading remembering that i cannot overclock the CPU with this current motherboard A long story short its a prick and MSI removed the overclocking feature Ive seen alot of ppl on here with the same processor so mybye you guys can give me some idea of how it performs Thanks nbsp

A:Processor advice, AMD 4000+ worth it?

You might be better off just getting an overclockable MoBo because then you can probably overclock your CPU to past 4000+ speeds and when you need a new CPU you can just get a X2 4800+.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-advice-amd-4000-worth-it.56813/
Relevancy 63.21%

Can you use a mobile athlon cpu such as a 2200+ mobile in a desktop PC? Found a deal on one.

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi!

I'm stumped. Can anyone explain why there are several amd processors i.e. phenom ii x2 550, that feature a hypertransport rate of 4000 mhz but no mobos that support a rate above 2600 mhz? I'm guessing I'm misunderstanding what these figures represent. Could use an explanation before I pick out a motherboard for the above processor.

Thanks!!

Relevancy 62.35%

Just picked up one of these bad boys for 20$.
The seller sent me this CPU-z Screenshot
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=169751
It is actually 2Ghz not 800Mhz it is a BIOS conflict.

So first off I need a Cheap good OCing Mobo, any suggestions
Is water worth it because I have good airflow.
I am coupling this with 512Mb of DDR (Which I payed 30$ for)
And my old Xion Xon-103 case with 2x120MM fans and a 80MM fan

And lastly what kind of OC can I expect?

A:Mobile AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Overclocking

Prob not that much. Athlon 64 Mobile's don't have the overclocking reputation of Barton core Athlon XP-Ms. Plus Clawhammers aren't the best A64s for OC-ing. You might hit ~2.4GHz? maybe 2.5..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobile-amd-athlon-64-3200-overclocking.70322/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 61.06%

Im contemplating on purchasing this:
AMD 35W Mobile Athlon XP-M 2000+ 1.533GHz, 266 MHz FSB, 512K L2 Cache Processor - OEM
Model# AXMD2000GJQ4C
Item # N82E16819103441
Specification
Model: AMD Mobile Athlon XP-M
Core: Barton
Operating Frequency: 1.533GHz
FSB: 266MHz
Cache: L1/64K+64K; L2/ 512KB
Voltage: 1.35V
Process: 0.13Micron
Socket:uPGA socket 563.
Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, 3DNOW!, 3DNOW!+
Packaging: OEM(Processor Only)
My question is, if i had a nice fully copper thermaltake heatsink rated to cool up to an athlon xp socket A 3400+, how much could i possibly stabily over clock this processor to?

A:How Much can you overclock a ATHLON XP 2000 mobile (barton core)

http://www.overclockers.com
Detailed Info on how much you can push ur CPUs before they become liquid silicon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-much-can-you-overclock-a-athlon-xp-2000-mobile-barton-core.260211/
Relevancy 60.2%

i have an amd athlon 64 processor 3200+ with 2gb ram.it is running slow.i have also just bought an ati radeon hd 2400pro sonic graphics card but when you look in settings it only states im at 32bit.what am i doing wrong,as i cant run some of my games at full graphics mode as they run slow or blocky.
please help.

A:Amd Athlon 64 processor

What do you mean 32 bit? If you are running a 32 bit operating system that is what it is telling you, your processor is 64 bits but that won't show up unless your running a 64 bit OS. Your processor is a single core running at 2.0 Ghz which is ok but not the best for gaming, your graphics card also isn't exactly top of the line, its a budget DX10 card so I wouldn't be expecting to be playing the newer games maxed out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-athlon-64-processor.102576/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, I am thinking of agetting an athlon 64 cpu.

I coudln't believe it when I saw they had a 1600MHZ FSB!

What speed DDR memory is necessary to run with that??

I know since I have and amd xp 3000+ machine 333mhz, I just use pc2700(333mhz) ddr memroy and set the ratio to 1:1

but 1600mhz ddr memory doesnt exist!
My second question is what is the difference between athlon 64 cpu and athlon 64 FX-53 cpus?

The FX series seems to be a lot more expensive, is there a huge performance difference?
How do these compare with the top intel p4 cpus?
Third, is there a WINDOWS 64 bit OS, and Is that recommended to use with an athlon 64 cpu? or just go with regular windows xp home or pro.
thanks

A:questions about the new athlon 64 processor...

The memory controller on the FX chip is 128bit, the Athlon 64 is 64bit.

Since the memory controller is onboard the cpu, you really don't have a FSB per say since the memory is controlled by the hypertransport controller and not by the mobo.

Your memory bandwidth from the dual channel would be the same, but the speed of the request through the memory controller is much faster do to the integration of the controller on the cpu. Therefore theorically the FX could perform request from the memory at twice the rate than the regular version. It's no longer the FSB that only determines the speed of requests to the ram. The Athlon 64 FX memory subsystem speed beats the P4 by over 20% and leaves the Athlon XP behind by more than 81%

There is no official 64bit windows release. Furthermore, when the OS is released it will only be available as OEM to ensure support for all equipment it's used with. Therefore, even when it does come available, it may not work on the 64bit system you build today. Still the AMD 64 bit cpu's are the way to go due to price/performance, and you may, in the future, get windows 64 support for your PC. If not, at least you can move the CPU to new hardware (mobo, etc) and buy some OEM equipment with the 64bit windows later on when it's released.

It's kinda like buying a printer back in 97 only to find the manufactuer didn't release a driver for winxp. It may work later, but there's no sure bet for your hardware, only the CPU is a safe one.

For the OS, I'd recommend winXP pro. I prefer win2000, but it looks like support will be running out on it shortly..

I believe when you were talking about 1600mhz DDR, you were talking about the speed of memory requests from the cpu through hypertransport. Like I mentioned, this is not the FSB and isn't dependant on the FSB anymow...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/questions-about-the-new-athlon-64-processor.256142/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I have a windows Home Premium just got it june this year Amd Athlon tm IIx Athlon(tm) Amd IIx4 3.00 Ghz 640 Processor Processor Ghz GB Amd Athlon(tm) IIx4 640 Processor 3.00 Ghz -bit OS Amd Athlon(tm) IIx4 640 Processor 3.00 Ghz Ive had a lotta trouble with errors in my reports they are takeing up all my sapce and heres why I am here at the moment when I ran a diagnostic it came Amd Athlon(tm) IIx4 640 Processor 3.00 Ghz back that half of the report was missing to find out why my os was low and that my cpu was I need to know what to do I have had a lotta trouble with the radeon HD also it needed updateing right when i picked it up n brought it home it kept diplaying that i needed a diplay driver several times on a brand new pc something isnt right It was custom made if anyone could gimmie some tips here what to look for I could check and maybe come back and get some instructions im at loss still dont know everything that i would like to know about my pc I wish that i had a manual from what i have gathered there isnt any

A:Amd Athlon(tm) IIx4 640 Processor 3.00 Ghz

lustyln,

By errors in your reports--what do you mean?

In the meantime, would you fluff out your system specs for us. That way, your system specs go with each of your posts and you are not dependent upon someone having read some particular post.

UPDATE YOUR SEVENFORUMS SYSTEM SPECS

User CP (3rd item in the top menu bar) |
in left-hand column, under Your Profile, Edit System Spec |

Use Speccy - System Information - Free Download
and/or SIW to gather info for filling in the blanks.
You can also use the System Spec tool from this fine tutorial:
Use System Info to see your System Specs

Do me a favor. Please add the word laptop or desktop to the ?system manufacturer? block.

Provide full windows version info, such as provided by Speccy:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Use the ?Other Info? block for Optical Reader, Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor

Scroll down and click on the SAVE CHANGES button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/183286-amd-athlon-tm-iix4-640-processor-3-00-ghz.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello everyone.

I built my new AMD setup two days ago, and today I just wanted to
check if the thermal paste was properly spread after the HSF was placed on the CPU.

The only problem is.. the heatsink seems to be pasted onto the processor,
and I don't want to damage the processor by ripping it out of the socket...

Could anyone tell me a manuever or method to applying enough pressure to remove the HSF and NOT rip out the processor?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

A:HELP! Trying to remove athlon 64 939 processor!

The best way to tell if you applied the thermal paste correctly is to monitor the CPU temperatures while it is operating. If you remove the HSF (Heat sink Fan) unit then you'll have to clean off the old thermal paste from both the CPU and HSF and reapply a new drop and stick it all back together. Of course in 2 days you'll want to remove it again and see if it spread out correctly, so you'll have to clean off the old paste and....Yadda Yadda Yadda.

How much paste did you apply? A drop in the middle of the CPU cap about the size of a small grain of rice or half a bee-bee is the correct amount. Any more than this and you run the risk of actually insulating the CPU from the HSF rather than connecting them thermally.

Did you clean off the surface of both the CPU and HSF before applying Thermal paste? These surfaces need to be oil (like your greasy hands oil) and lint free before sticking them together.

There should be NO paste leaking around the edges. See 1 above.

What is your CPU and what temps are you seeing? If you insist on inspecting your work then gently twist the HSF off of the CPU. Don't pry it off, don't strain yourself, avoid sharp instruments. It may be a little sticky but will eventually work free. I have used a blow dryer to heat up the HSF and CPU junction, just a little, to work things free on older installs but be advised that dry, hot air blowing across an electronic surface is a prime breeding ground for static electricity and all the nasty repercussions that come with it.

If you applied too much thermal paste then yes, you need to remove the HSF, clean the surfaces and install correctly. Be patient and do no harm here. See the Arctic Silver site for some good illustrated instructions on the proper amount of paste to apply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-trying-to-remove-athlon-64-939-processor.40358/
Relevancy 59.34%

KNOWN LIMITATIONS:
The processor performance state may not be restored to the maximum state if the CPU runs at 100 percent. This problem occurs if the computer is 100 percent busy when the power policy changes.

Does that mean my processor could be damaged permanently? And what do you think about that driver, should have I installed it or not?

A:AMD Athlon 64 Processor Driver

Install it if you intend to use cool'n'quiet. If you like for your system to be silent when you're web-surfing, listening to music, etc. it could certainly help. Otherwise there's no need.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-athlon-64-processor-driver.29581/
Relevancy 59.34%

hi,

the "AMD Athlon 3000+ XP Processor" chip, does this mean it will only run XP,
or can I run 98se ?

cheers

A:AMD Athlon 3000+ XP Processor

You can run anything. AMD's XP is just the name given to this range of processor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-athlon-3000-xp-processor.280916/
Relevancy 59.34%

Is the AMD Athlon XP Processor 3200+
a worthy processor for gaming?
Or is Intel Pentium 4 the way to go??

Thanks!

I was looking at the specs of:

AMD Athlon XP Processor 3200+
1GB DDR SDRAM PC-3200
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra 256MB

for gaming... would that do good? or do I need to go with the Pentium.

Thanks!

A:AMD Athlon XP Processor 3200+

Firstly, please can we NOT HAVE another AMD vs Intel debate. And if we have to, can it get appended to existing threads?

Secondly, that AMD chip you mention is likely a great piece of equipment. Of course it will be good for games. I've got an Athlon 2100+ and its fine for games, and you (apparently) will have 50% more raw processing power - go get 'em , tiger!

This does not answer the question of whether an Athlon or P4 is the best for you. You'd have to tell us a lot more about your requirements, your budget and your expectations first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-athlon-xp-processor-3200.7436/
Relevancy 59.34%

I just replaced my Athlon with a Athlon X It looks like Windows sees it as a single core processor whereas Linux sees it as a dual-core X2 - Processor Question Athlon perfectly Do I need to reinstall Windows to get it to see my process properly Also in Linux it s showing the cpu MHz as Should this be Processor Question - Athlon X2 Code email protected cat proc cpuinfo processor vendor id AuthenticAMD cpu family model model name AMD Processor Question - Athlon X2 Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor stepping cpu MHz cache size KB physical id siblings core id cpu cores fdiv bug no hlt bug no f f bug no coma bug no fpu yes fpu exception yes cpuid level wp yes flags fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse clflush mmx fxsr sse sse ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr opt lm dnowext dnow pni lahf lm cmp legacy ts fid vid ttp bogomips processor vendor id AuthenticAMD cpu family model model name AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor stepping cpu MHz cache size KB physical id siblings core id cpu cores fdiv bug no hlt bug no f f bug no coma bug no fpu yes fpu exception yes cpuid level wp yes flags fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse clflush mmx fxsr sse sse ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr opt lm dnowext dnow pni lahf lm cmp legacy ts fid vid ttp bogomips email protected nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-question-athlon-x2.571373/
Relevancy 59.34%

HI, I was wondering why the amd athlon 5200+ has 2x1mb cache for the L2 cache, but the newer version (amd athlon 5400+) only has 512x2? And the 5400+ has 2.8ghz when the 5200+ only has 2.6ghz. Which is better to get, and which will have overall better performance? Im guessing the 5200+ because its more expensive. thanks -Nick

5200+: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103759

500+: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103769

A:amd athlon processor question

They have the same cores but the larger cache will help a lot more than the minimal difference in clock speeds. So I think the 5200+ is a better buy. Just because something is more expensive, doesn't mean it's better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-athlon-processor-question.70048/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello All,
I have a problem with my processor AMD Athlon X2 64 is not defined on windows 7,
I used windows update, but it was useless, on device manager it says : coprocessor with yellow warning.

can anyone help me?

Best regards.

A:processor AMD Athlon X2 64 driver

Quote: Originally Posted by abed87

Hello All,
I have a problem with my processor AMD Athlon X2 64 is not defined on windows 7,
I used windows update, but it was useless, on device manager it says : coprocessor with yellow warning.

can anyone help me?

Best regards.

Update BIOS and that should be fixed. Make sure you have a backup of your system and of the BIOS before hand.
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/85822-processor-amd-athlon-x2-64-driver.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Ok i just got through reading Vehementi s post about overclocking and how not to ask well i know quite a bit about computers but yet i have not learned exactly what to do to overclock I have looked and looked all over the net for help I have read books now and yet no anwsers dead I have a decent laptop that i use when I m not using this but my laptop is not always available and this computer is crappy I cant even listen to music and go on the internet or aim without it lagging I have an Ghz athlon processor and an asus A V-VM motherboard and an ASUS-TNT-Vanta video card with processor. I need help my athlon extreme I I need extreme help with my athlon processor. need to kno exactly what to do to increase my processor speed i know you have to increase the voltage bus speed ect and i can anwser a couple of Vehementi s questions So would someone be I need extreme help with my athlon processor. nice enough to tell me how tol overclock and what would be a decent speed to aim for without frying the motherboard or hurting my computer too bad I have proper cooling to overclock i have fans and a huge heatsink deal over my processor my computer s processor temp stays around degrees F so i can heat it up quite a bit so please could someone at least guide in the right direction or tell me where i can learn how to overclock this specific CPU and motherboard Some additional details are BIOS Revisions Date Core Version Chipset VIA VT C A VIdeo Card ASUS-TNT-VANTA Motherboard AsusTek A V-VM Processor Athlon Ghz RAM MB PC i believe giddy HDD GB Now i I need extreme help with my athlon processor. know my computer is a piece and it may serve no purpose overclocking but i am desperately in need of speeding this thing up without buying new stuff I m and I don t have the money to just go out and buy a new processor or motherboard trust me I would if I could so please someone help nbsp

A:I need extreme help with my athlon processor.

In Google, type in overclock Asus A7V-VM and pick your choice!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-extreme-help-with-my-athlon-processor.28001/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi

I have a brand new computer (a week old) with an AMD Athlon XP 2500 Processor. Windows has a driver update. It says K7 Processor dated Dec 17 2002. I checked the date of the driver that I now have and it is July 1,2002. So the Windows one would be newer. I have been checking Windows updates everyday for a week and today is the *first* day this driver has shown up - which I find strange.

In any case, should I be installing this driver? Is Windows correct in its identification, etc. ?

Thanks!!!!

Vivienne

Relevancy 58.91%

Can Someone help me with my Processor Upgrade....  At the present time, I have a AMD ATHLON II X 2 IN MY HP COMPAQ CQ5222UK DESKTOP & I Would like to upgraded my Desktop Procressor from a AMD ATHLON Il X2 to one more prowerful than what I have A presentMy Computer Desktop is the - HP COMPANQ CQ5222UK DESKTOP  I have read several article's saying I can do this but my problem is that I keep reading Conflicting information.  I.E. One Company says,  You can upgrade to a Intel Core Processor but some other Companies Say, I could upgrade to a AMD ATHLON X4 860K. I would very much appreciate some help & advice upgrading my HP Compaq CQ5222UK Processor from a Expert......... Kindest Regards Pedro 10

A:Upgrading My Desktop Processor from a AMD ATHLON II X2

On the support page for that model, it states:Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:Socket type: AM3TDP: 95 wattAMD Phenom II X4 9xx/9xxe/8xx Quad-Core (Deneb)AMD Phenom II X3 7xx/7xxe Triple-Core (Heka)AMD Phenom II X2 5xx (Callisto)AMD II Athlon X4 6xx/6xxe (Propus)AMD II Athlon X3 4xx/4xxe (Rana)AMD II Athlon X2 2xx/2xxe (Regor)AMD Sempron 1xx (Sargas)As for the statement "One Company says,  You can upgrade to a Intel Core Processor"  Processor upgrades cannot cross from AMD to Intel.  The motherboards are completely different as well as the processor sockets.  As to the Athlon X4 processor stated, NO.  But the motherboard does support the AMD Phenom II X4 9xx/9xxe/8xx Quad-Core (Deneb) or the AMD II Athlon X4 6xx/6xxe (Propus)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-My-Desktop-Processor-from-a-AMD-ATHLON-II-X2/td-p/5831173
Relevancy 58.91%

The title pretty much says it all.

Here are my specs: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1808734

A:How to safely overclock an AMD Athlon II X2 240 processor

Amd makes a really nifty, comprehensive piece of performance software called AOD. It can be had here:
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/amd-overdrive/Pages/overview.aspx
Most x2 2xx models will OC to between 3.5-3.8Ghz depending on the motherboard you are using. You should list the rest of your components so we know what we are dealing with, including the PSU you are using. assuming you have quality components, you have the advantage of many others OC'ing this model before you. using AOD is nice as you can shorten the time to OC before making the final stable settings semi permanent in the bios if you choose, or setup an OC profile in AOD to use only during intense operations or gaming if you like. If you want, you can jump right to a setting of 3.4Ghz by raising the HT ref to 242 and the V-core to 1.475 and running the built in stability test for 15 minutes. from there raise the HT ref by 5-10 Mhz and run the stability test until it breaks. You can then raise the Vcore in intervals of .025-.05 until stable. Remember your CPU has a locked multiplier so you will be OC'ing the whole system when you raise the HT ref clock (memory,Northbridge, etc) you may want to drop the HT/NB/CPU multiplier back while you find the maximum OC to eliminate it as a possible limiting factor. a couple things to keep in mind...

1) watch temperatures. Its a REALLY good idea to have after-market cooling (heatsink/Fan) while OC'ing
2) make sure you have adequate PSU, both in capacity and quality.
3) the maximum Vcore for this generation of CPU's is 1.55v, better yet, stay at or under 1.5v -1.525v
4) with very good cooling (and if you want to push up over 1.5 V) you may get over 4.0Ghz.

Here is TechPowerup's Oc of an x2 240, you can get an idea of the settings they used to get 3.8Ghz OC (typical OC for this CPU if you have decent MB,PSU etc)

Here is a look at the control screen of the AOD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-safely-overclock-an-amd-athlon-ii-x2-240-processor.165156/
Relevancy 58.91%

Greetings, all.

I've been away a long time. I have a question and hope I got the right forum. BTW, this isn't about the XP OS but is about testing a processor.

I just bought an Athlon 64 X2 socket 939 processor (4400) to be used in a later build. I am currently running a spare XP system using an Athlon 64 (4000) processor.

What is the easiest way to verify that the X2 processor I just bought isn't dead, using my current system but not hosing it up so that I can continue using my originally configured system (the Athlon 64) after the functional check of the X2 processor. I don't want to have to reload XP or repair it if possible. Thanks in advance.

Mark

A:How to do a functional test on an Athlon 64 X2 (939) Processor

The CPU test most used is Prime95.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/371709-how-do-functional-test-athlon-64-x2-939-processor.html
Relevancy 58.91%

My current CPU is....
Processor : AMD Sempron 145 (single core) 2.8 ghz
Socket type : AM3
Cache L1 : 64 kb
L2 : 1 mb
Architechture : 32-bit
Can I upgrade to a 64-bit changing only the processor Or Is it that I can upgrade to only a 32-bit processor?

The processor I want to upgrade to is....
Processor : AMD Athlon II X2 270 (dual core) 3.4 ghz
Socket Type : AM3
Cache L1 : 256 kb
L2 : 2 mb
Architechture : 32 or 64 bit

A:Can I upgrade amd sempron processor to amd athlon x2 ?

You have asked a question that does not have an answer [at least in the current form of your question]

You need to provide a LOT more info; exact mb installed, what pw supply you are running, etc, etc, etc.

Note if this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, the only one who can tell you is the oem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-upgrade-amd-sempron-processor-to-amd-athlon-x2.1092785/
Relevancy 58.91%

got another ? for anyone out there anybody know what i can do about a mother board that isnt posting. im getting power to it but for some reason it doesnt sound like it is posting. if i clear the cmos battery can that help or is the mother board bad. socket 754 amd athlon 64 xp 3000 +

Relevancy 58.91%

I just recieved my custom built pc from cybersystem and i'd like to know how to overclock this processor my friend told me that i have a slow pc..

here are the specs to my pc:

ATOP ATX833-BLACK CASE 350 WATT W/ SIDE-PANEL WINDOW
AMD Athlon XP-2400+ Processor
ASUS A7N8X-X nVidia nForce-2 400 FSB 8X AGP w/ USB2.0, LAN, &; AUDIO
512 MB (256MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY
80GB 7200 RPM ATA 100 HARD DRIVE

Relevancy 58.91%

Below is a copy and paste of a computer ad i am looking at. Last time i bought a computer, Pen4 was a top of the line processor,so i am out of touch with presentday top line processors.

Is what is pasted below a 'ATHLON64 DUAL CORE' ? is that the best ATHLON processor available? Or is AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 2GHz 3800+ processor better?
(reminder 'there is no such thing as a dumb question')
Processor
Type: AMD Athlon 64 3800+ / 2.4 GHz
Multi-Core Technology: Dual-Core

Relevancy 58.91%

Pretty self explanatory...tower specs are in my sig.

A:Can I overclock my Athlon XP 3000+ processor?

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20030210/index.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-overclock-my-athlon-xp-3000-processor.414392/
Relevancy 58.91%

AMD ATHLON XP 3000+ 333FSB PROCESSOR CPU

Anyone know if this motherboard and processor is any good?

Thanks and Have a Great Day,
jraquel

A:Amd athlon xp 3000+ 333fsb processor cpu

Well, it's a very low-end combination in today's world. "good" would depend on your intended usage. It should be cheap.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-athlon-xp-3000-333fsb-processor-cpu.958308/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all,
I want to connect my VCR to the computer to transfer old home movies to DVD.
The Analog to DV device requires a 1 GHz processor. Mine is 498 MHz.

Regarding the speed, will the device work only slowly or not at all?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Video capture device speed vs. processor speed

It is not a matter of slow or not at all. It is most likely a matter of dropped frames. If you have a cheaper video capture card [one without hardware decoding] it will probably work however you will not like the result.

Video editing / encoding is cpu intensive. I would hate to think how long it would take to encode the video file after you capture it [with that cpu]

To give you some idea, it takes me about 15 min to encode approx 1hr of video with an intel dual core cpu. With yours it will be hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-capture-device-speed-vs-processor-speed.603223/
Relevancy 58.05%

I need to order a new desktop for my office to replace a 3 year old machine that runs at 3.2 Ghz. The new machines that Dell offers only has this option:

Intel® Core™2 Extreme QX6700 (8MB L2 Cache,2.66GHz,1066 FSB)

I don't think there is a standard measuring stick that is used to compare all the processor speeds that I can find or understand. I work with CAD programs that use up a lot of resources and I typically get the fastest available and max the RAM. With all the latest software that I have to install, I need the new machines to run faster than the ones they replace.

Can anyone tell me how this 2.66GHz processor compares to my current machine? I don't have the exact specs for it, this is what it lists on the dell support site for my system - PROCESSOR, 80532K, 3.2GHZ, 1M, 533, M0.

Relevancy 58.05%

Hey there guys, not sure if this is the right area for this or not, but im looking to pick up a new AMD Athlon? X2 Dual-Core processor at 3 Ghz.

Now Right now I have a P4 2.4 Ghz Socket 478, and I would like to upgrade my CPU, but cant really see this socket type going much higher than a single 3 ghz.

I am looking to invest in the AMD Athlon? X2 Dual-Core, but Im not sure which mobo I would need to be able to have it work properly.

Unless you guys can just recommend a good upgrade to my cpu which wont have me get a new mobo.

thanks guys!

A:debating AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual-Core processor

I just did a search, & I think the socket 478 is for Intel CPU's. If you want an AMD CPU,
you could probably find a combo deal of CPU & motherboard at NewEgg, TigerDirect, or
Fry's Electronics at reasonable prices over just buying a 3.0 ghz CPU.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/ComboDea...rboards&Page=5

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/119056-debating-amd-athlon-x2-dual-core-processor.html
Relevancy 58.05%

i just like to know if this new processor will work on my mother board M2N68-LA (Narra5)

A:upgrade processor in a compaq CQ5300F to a AMD-Athlon-X4-8...

@jet-meck? No it will not work. The M2N68-LA (Narra5) motherboard. NOTE: Only socket AM2+ processors are supported with this motherboard. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c01701270 The AMD 845 is a Socket FM2+ http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/AMD/Athlon_X4/845.html REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/upgrade-processor-in-a-compaq-CQ5300F-to-a-AMD-Athlon-X4-845/td-p/5829508
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all Need a little help please I'm an IT Manager in AMD Processor Pack Athlon 3 with PC on Service Update a small company that is getting bigger and I have recently acquired a PC that was in storage that needs a bit of TLC to bring it back into daily use I have done all the usual Defrag Scandisk Disk Cleanup AV Scans Windows Updates but have come to a sticking point All is working well except I cannot seem Service Pack 3 Update on PC with AMD Athlon Processor to get Windows Service Pack Service Pack 3 Update on PC with AMD Athlon Processor to install I have downloaded the AMD Processor Patch downloaded the manual install file for Service Pack and started the PC in quot Safe Mode quot I get the same error message each time quot C Windows Sys drivers ndis sys is open or in use by another program quot and then the installation fails I have done AV scans tried installing SP in Normal Mode and Safe Mode Shutdown and Restarted the PC I'm stuck now I noticed that there was Service Pack 3 Update on PC with AMD Athlon Processor an issue being highlighted in Forums back in about compatibility issues with AMD processors but I would have thought that would be resolved by now All other Windows Updates seem to be downloading and installing fine just not SP The PC Spec is as follows Windows XP Pro SP AMD Athlon x Dual Core Processor GHz Gb RAM GB HDD DVD RAM drive installed Standard Network Card and Graphics Card Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,I am thinking of upgrading this Processor to an AMD Phenom? II X3 Processor or a x4,would this be worth it for performance.or stick with the present. Regards Martin.

A:AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+

this processor will give you a huge performance increase over the 4400, however you will need a different motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103649

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-athlon-64-x2-dual-core-processor-4400.130960/
Relevancy 58.05%

Readout on chip:

Readout:
AXMS1500FWS3B | 9881995250216
AIPCA 0217WPAW

Will post picture if needed..

Came from a laptop, but want to make sure it's not a desktop chip in a laptop (which does happen). Actually hoping it's a desktop chip..

A:Curious if this athlon is a desktop model of processor..

Core: AXMS Tbred/Barton Mobile 25W , AXMD 35W, AXMH 45W

It's a mobile chip.

Made 2002, week 17, Max FSB=200, 1.3v, max temp 95C, 256k cache...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/curious-if-this-athlon-is-a-desktop-model-of-processor.195870/
Relevancy 58.05%

IT World is buzzing with Device Management & Security associated with it.

Refer:

https://dm.comodo.com/blog/mobile-device-management/an-overview-of-mobile-device-management/ 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605773/why-a-complete-mobile-device-management-is-needed/
Relevancy 57.62%

quot Hoping someone can offer some advice with this frustrating problem I'm currently running Vista Ultimate SP bit My motherboard is an ASUS K N-E-Deluxe nForce chipset My processor is an Athlon Newcastle Kb L Cache The Asus upgrade after 64 Processor Athlon wont Vista boot board allows for up to overclocking natively in the BIOS so I have been running this at Ghz without problems for some time I have a decent CPU Cooler and my Vista wont boot after Athlon 64 Processor upgrade CPU temps are regularly in the low s at idle I recently decided to upgrade the processor to an Athlon Clawhammer Mb L Cache I installed the processor intending to Vista wont boot after Athlon 64 Processor upgrade overclock it automatically with the same BIOS settings Put everything back together and switched the PC on It posts ok and the new processor shows up fine in the BIOS Initially with these Vista wont boot after Athlon 64 Processor upgrade settings after detecting all the disks correctly on the POST screen it initially came up with an error saying it couldn't find a bootable partition not exact error message but something along those lines I then restarted the PC entered the BIOS and put all the clock speeds back to Auto settings and rebooted This time it came up with the 'Windows Vista has encountered an error due to a hardware change' and then gave me the option to enter Safe Mode or start Windows normally I tried both options and in each case the PC restarts and at the point when the Microsoft progress bar would normally appear the PC beeps once and then restarts automatically This continuously loops if I let it I've researched around the web tonight and the processor and board are definitely meant to be compatible The BIOS reports the processor temps and voltage in the correct ranges according to the AMD specs so I'm assumming the processor is OK The Vista install was a volume licence edition I am a developer with a MSDN subscription I tried using the install DVD and it wouldn't load either Even it it did I'm in two minds whether to attempt a startup repair in case it gives me no rollback for reverting to the old processor which I've done in the meantime with no problems Not really sure what to do next so any help and advice would be appreciated Thanks in advance Darren quot Hi I posted the above thread in the Hardware Support section and didn't get any replies so I'm wondering if this is maybe more a Vista issue than a hardware one To update today I tried refitting the new CPU and reseting the BIOS to its default settings Vista still wont start and still continues on a recurrsive reboot Is Vista really that temparamental with processor changes I've done a bit of digging and Vista is using amdk sys when it runs successfully using my old processor From what I can tell this is the correct driver for the new one too Or is this a Vista flaky activation changed too much hardware issue then I really will be annoyed Any help would be appreciated thanks Darren

A:Vista wont boot after Athlon 64 Processor upgrade

Vista is a bit temperamental about Hardware changes. It freaked out last time when i needed to repair a damaged DVD drive and booted Vista without one.
See if you can boot Vista again using your old CPU. (Note: For CPU and RAM changes you need to clear the CMOS via the jumper on the motherboard.)
If you can successfully boot back into Vista, un-install the following drivers.
CPU
Disk Drives
IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.

Then turn off your System, add the new CPU back in, clear the CMOS once again and then boot.
Let Vista re-install the drivers at where un-installed if it boots...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wont-boot-after-athlon-64-processor-upgrade-300507.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My wife is looking to buy A Windows 7 system and she is looking at the above. I can't remember whether regular 32 bit programs will work on a 64 bit cpu. I assume Windows 7 will be 64 bit though.
Thanks.

A:Acer Ferrari One AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor

Hi Bertie!

Quote:
Most programs designed for a computer running a 32-bit version of Windows will work on a computer running 64-bit versions of Windows. Notable exceptions are many antivirus programs, and some hardware drivers.

Drivers designed for 32-bit versions of Windows do not work on computers running a 64-bit version of Windows. If you're trying to install a printer or other device that only has 32-bit drivers available, it won't work correctly on a 64-bit version of Windows.

From Microsoft 32-Bit and 64-Bit FAQ

Thanks,
ZeshanA
If a user helps you, clcik the scales at the top right of their post and click "I Approve"!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/38744-acer-ferrari-one-amd-athlon-64-x2-dual-core-processor.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,
I have a Athlon XP barton core 2500+ processor sitting on an Asus A7V600-X with (2) 256MB sticks of Corsair Value Select.

In BIOS, the CPU Speed is 1467 MHz , bus speed is 133/33, and multiplier is 11.0x. I can't remember exactly what the ram is... (either PC2700 or PC3200) but do I need to change these settings or is the correct speed for a XP2500+?

I'm not interested in OC'ing or anything, just want to be running at the right speed.

Thanks
Ed

A:Athlon XP 2500 processor running at 1467MHz. Is that correct?

That is definately not the correct speed for your processor, I run an xp2000+ and its normal clock speed is 1666 Mhz. In your bios there is a setting for front side bus (fsb) speed, u need to set that correctly for your particular processor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/athlon-xp-2500-processor-running-at-1467mhz-is-that-correct.26941/
Relevancy 57.19%

hi
i have buyied a new mobile(sl7nb) cpu from ebay for my desktop. i put into my motherboard but nothing heppen the display dosent come up.
the processor is 3.2ghz 533fsb 1mb cache.
my motherboard is fujitsu siemens d1527 intel i845ge. can anyone help me please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobile-processor.874972/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have just a quick question regarding my CPU - and I apologize if this has already been covered. I would just like to know if my athlon xp-m 2800+ is as fast as a pentium 4 (2.4ghz) overclocked @ 2.4ghz? I have it clocked at this speed right now and it is very stable and cool.

A:Athlon XP-M 2800+ Speed

Have you tried the program " CPU-Z " ?

It would tell you the speed and FSB.

Intel has high speed frequency than AMD.

AMD has a fastest FSB than Intel.

( Mind you, that was the article of Maximum PC )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/athlon-xp-m-2800-speed.91446/
Relevancy 57.19%

I bought a system in March and everyyhing is going fine, however I have noticed something that I would like to clarify. My system has an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ however when I run a diagnostic tool to tell me what speed the processor is running at it says 1245mhz, it also tells me that my motherboard is running at a max speed of 1250mhz. My prcessor should be faster than this so I am wondering if I need to reset the jumpers on my mother board to increase the clock speed. The only other thing that I can think of is that the wrong processor was installed from day one. My motherboard is an ECS K7S5A
Note that the BIOS is telling me that my CPU type is Athlon XP and from what I can see from the net the XP range does not fall bellow 1800mhz.
Does anyone know what is going on??

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all I recently changed my CPU to a Athlon semperon the problem is its shown as running at Ghz in system properties and also shows same speed when using Aida speed Athlon query AMD system info tool Could anyone tell me if this is right or should it run faster Below is the motherboard specs and setting From Aida Below that is the CPU specs and settings Also from Aida Version AIDA v AMD Athlon speed query Author tamas miklos aida hu Homepage http www aida AMD Athlon speed query hu Report Type Quick Report Computer ABC- QYEPOJPXNI Generator Mike Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional WinXP Retail Date - - Time -------- Motherboard ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Motherboard Properties Motherboard ID -KM - - A LYM BC- Motherboard Name MSI KM M-L MS- MS- Front Side Bus Properties Bus Type DEC Alpha EV Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz DDR Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Memory Bus Properties Bus Type DDR SDRAM Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz DDR Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Chipset Bus Properties Bus Type VIA V-Link Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz ODR Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Motherboard Physical Info CPU Sockets Slots Expansion Slots PCI AGP RAM Slots DIMM Integrated Devices Audio Video LAN Form Factor Micro ATX Motherboard Chipset KM Motherboard Manufacturer Company Name Micro-Star International ------ CPU -------------------------------------------------------------- CPU Properties CPU Type AMD Athlon XP MHz x CPU Alias Thoroughbred-B CPU Stepping B L Code Cache KB L Data Cache KB L Cache KB On-Die Full-Speed CPU Physical Info Package Type Pin PGA Package Size cm x cm Transistors million Process Technology Mi um CMOS Cu Die Size mm Core Voltage - V I O Voltage V Typical Power - W depending on clock speed Maximum Power - W depending on clock speed CPU Manufacturer Company Name Advanced Micro Devices Inc Product Information http www amd com us-en Processors ProductInformation html I have tried searches and AMD site with no luck Any help would really be appreciated and E mails about this too Thanks in advance Mike nbsp

A:AMD Athlon speed query

Google is your friend... (search terms = athlonxp 2400 1.67 ghz)

http://computing.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/sbs/110901/10679354.html

1.67 GHz is correct.

Welcome to Techspot BTW!! :hotbounce

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-athlon-speed-query.17069/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi! A friend of mine has an eMachines laptop that's about 18 months old and I noticed something strange the other day. I recall the machine having an AMD Athlon XP-M processor clocked at 2.2 GHz (I believe it's an Athlon XP-M 3000+ processor). When I looked at the system control panel (the laptop is running XP Home Edition), the CPU speed was listed at 549MHz or 549MHz, or something like that.

I ran CPU-Z on the machine to confirm what I saw and it listed the same CPU speed except it would sometimes jump from 549MHz to 1049MHz and then back down to 549MHz.

I rebooted the machine and accessed the BIOS and the BIOS lists the CPU as having a speed of 2200MHz. Then I proceeded to boot XP and the system control panel displayed a speed of 768MHz.

What's going on here?

Thanks in advance!

Peace...

A:Question about CPU speed of AMD Athlon XP-M

Found my answer.

Peace...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-cpu-speed-of-amd-athlon-xp-m.500258/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi there,
I was thinking of upgrading my processor because I believe it is bottle necking my gaming performance. My current computer is composed of an AMD Athlon X2 4200+, 2.2GHz, Nvidia 9600GT 512MB video card, 2 Gigs Dell Ram, 250GB HD, Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 650W ATX12V Power Supply with Three 12V Rails. I was thinking of upgrading to a 5400+ or even a 6000+, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with my motherboard or w/e. If anyone could help me with this, I'd greatly appreciate it. Here is the info from CPU-Z in .htm format.

A:Upgrading my processor (Dell E521, AMD Athlon x2 4200+, 2.2Ghz)

If the dell BIOS allows it, the 5400 would be safest to upgrade to. 6000 and higher and you'll risk blowing up the board. The difference is 2.8 vs 3.0ghz.

I don't think a 600Mhz upgrade will help much. But here is a chart with Quake4: http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/...,1254,1226,1280,1316,1313,1312,1284,1310,1309

Going from 81fps to 95fps. Dell RAM is usually 533 or 667Mhz RAM, if its 533, going to 800Mhz would help a bit. A 9600GT is a fine card... going to a $160 ATI 4850 card would be a bit of a boost, that is faster than the old $600 8800GTX.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-my-processor-dell-e521-amd-athlon-x2-4200-2-2ghz.737424/
Relevancy 56.76%

The Title pretty much explains it for the most part. Its making a noise akin to old-school modems, and seems to coincide with what I do with my mouse most often. Keyboard doesnt seem to generate the sound too much.

It only started this today, i'd wait and call AMD tech support, but if i do, i just may be lacking a moniter when i get to that part

Anyone ever experiance this before? As i said, it jsut started and has never done this before. It really doesnt like it when i use my scroll wheel.

Relevancy 56.76%

I am going to be buying a new computer in the near future and was wondering if backups, file copying, and defragging will speed up very much?

It seems like that at some point, the drives would not be able to keep up with the processor and faster processors would not be needed for many or even most applications.

I am using a 1 ghz Pentium 3 computer now and am going to get a new 3 ghz computer next.

Also, recently, I read an article about the new dual core Intel chips and that sounds like something that I would like but do not know if they are out yet, and if so, do not know what they are called.

A:Processor speed vs hard drive speed

The main point of having a faster processor is that it runs games smoother, compresses audio and video faster, and so on. These tasks are not particularly dependent on hard disk performance. Nearly all applications will benefit from a faster processor regardless of the speed of the hard disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed-vs-hard-drive-speed.372071/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a motherboard that has a FSB of up to 400MHz.
My processor is an AthlonXP 2200 which can only run at 266MHz
My memory is 256MB DDR DRAM PC2700
SisSoftware Sandra testing tells me my memory speed and processsor speed do not match. Question is: Does this really matter? I know a processor upgrade would sort it but a)the computer seems to run fine and b) I daren't try to sneak ANOTHER pc purchase past the wife! (just yet);-)

Relevancy 56.76%

So i got this message after i upgraded my Asus Notebook to Windows Home from What got me to check this was having my laptop Hard Shutdown when the power was at and the laptop had been on the charger all day plus the CPU temperature was normal The exact Error that s provided via Event Viewer Collaborative processor power controls on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware This message is provided for each of my Processor Cores Unfortunately there are no new Firmware Updates for my laptop model from Asus Last Collaborative are for Power Processor Controls disabled Processor upgrade after one was pushed in October Very odd seeing as Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade i got this new in December I want to know if this is something serious or if i should just ignore it An Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade error having to due with Kernel Level Power Controls seems serious to me System Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb NOTE my laptop has an Nvidia GeForce m Chip as well but it did not detect that for some reason Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC N JN Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled Have not had time to get antiviral software yet So is there Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade anything i can do or do i just have to wait and see if Asus pushes out an update thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/collaborative-processor-power-controls-for-processor-are-disabled-after-upgrade.1152536/
Relevancy 56.76%

So i got this message after i upgraded my Asus Notebook to Windows Home from What got me to check this was having my laptop Hard Shutdown when the power for Power disabled Collaborative Processor Controls after upgrade are Processor was at and the laptop had been on the charger all day plus the CPU temperature was normal I went into event viewer to see if there was any ACPI Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade error's listed and this came up The exact Error that's provided via Event Viewer Collaborative processor power controls on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware This message is provided for each of my Processor Cores Unfortunately there are no new Firmware Updates for my laptop model from Asus Last one was pushed in October Very odd seeing as i got this new in December I want to know if this is something serious or if i should just ignore it An error having to due with Kernel Level Power Controls seems serious to me System Info Asustek N JN-MH Notebook Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Core Thread Ram GB MB Video Intel Onboard MB Nvidia GeForce m OS Windows Home Upgraded from Windows So is there anything that i can do or do i just have to wait for asus to publish a new Firmware Update even though it's probably likely they won't Thanks in advance guys

A:Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

See if this finds any new drivers:

Intel? Driver Update Utility

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/collaborative-processor-power-controls-for-processor-are-disabled-after-upgrade-1025010.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Friends

I just want to know which Processor is in Mobile Phone and also OS name.
Actually I am working on Hnadsets like Chinese clones Phones,Alfatel,Gfive,Lephone etc.

Thanks and Regards
Gagan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-processor-is-in-my-mobile-phone.975550/
Relevancy 56.76%

Quick question everyone.... only because I do not know much about mobile processor technology.

When doing a little price shopping, it looks like I can land an Athlon-M processor (2600+) for just about a $150 less than a Pentium-M (2.4ghz)

Im much more familiar with the world of desktops, where I normally tend to go with the Intels, but in this case I would most definately jump on the Athlon for the dollar savings.

Anyone have any expierence with the AMD mobiles? Pro's? Cons?

A:Mobile Processor Shootout

gws226 said:

Quick question everyone.... only because I do not know much about mobile processor technology.

When doing a little price shopping, it looks like I can land an Athlon-M processor (2600+) for just about a $150 less than a Pentium-M (2.4ghz)

Im much more familiar with the world of desktops, where I normally tend to go with the Intels, but in this case I would most definately jump on the Athlon for the dollar savings.

Anyone have any expierence with the AMD mobiles? Pro's? Cons?Click to expand...

I once had a Compaq laptop with a XP-M 2000 which ran very well. My brother owns it now.

I've also heard in the past month or so that many people are using the AMD XP-M 2500 CPU in their desktops to overclock. Apparently, they don't have locked multipliers and they use less power.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobile-processor-shootout.217730/
Relevancy 56.76%

Just put in a 2800 barton into a gigabyte ga-7va m/b and i can't get it to run on 166 setting. it runs fine on the 133 setting but freezes up when loading windows on 166. i cannot think of anything i've missed, it seems like the ide dosen't like it

Relevancy 56.76%

Hello all,
I just had a quick question.
I recently upgraded to an athlon xp 2400.
What im wondering is that in the properties menu of my computer it registers as 1.99 GHz.Is this normal or should it 2.0 GHz or is that the basically the same thing.
I am running it on a ECS K7s5a pro Mother board if any body needs that info.
Thanks in advance for any assistance

A:Actual Speed For An Athlon Xp 2400

Yes this is pretty much normal. I have a xp1600 that does the same thing. There is probably a +or - percentage and this is most likely within that tolerance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/actual-speed-for-an-athlon-xp-2400.207343/
Relevancy 56.33%

My son has a which uses a 4X AGP slot, 512mb ram, directx 8.1, ME os, 300watt ps. He cannot play Everquest but can play Medal of Honor and Spearhead on it. He can however play Everquest using the onboard Graphics card which uses the T-Bird chipset integrating a 128-bit AGP Graphics Accelerator but cannot play Medal of Honor using the onboard. Now the really weird thing is I have the same motherboard but with a 1.4 athlon, 256mb and everything I just mentioned same card, etc, and it runs both games fine. We checked the memory and it is fine. We even replaced it just in case. I cannot find any difference in any settings between the 2 computers. What's up? Any suggestions?

A:M810LR motherboard, w/1.3 athlon processor, w/Geoforce2 Mx200 can't play Everquest

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/m810lr-motherboard-w-1-3-athlon-processor-w-geoforce2-mx200-cant-play-everquest.109967/
Relevancy 56.33%

Im trying to improve performance on my girls Emachines EL1300 Necasary System specs are:Athlon 64 1.6Ghz Single core2Gb 400Mhz Dual channel ram160Gb sata HDDNVIDIA? GeForce? 6150SE Win 7 32BitI notice when i start an application or when i get online and surf that at times the processor useage hits 100% yet my ram is still sitting partially used at only 36% sometimes a little more (42%) Never seen it even hit anything higer than 55% or so. Shouldnt windows use the ram whne processor useage gets this high instead of bogging down system preformance and freezing? Ive checked through all running programs and use tune up utilities as well as other diagnostic and managment programs to keep things tweaked and in good running order yet this PC still is a slow old dog. Any tips ?TIA

A:Processor/Ram management

Download Process Explorer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896653.aspxUnzip ProcessExplorer.zip, and double click on procexp.exe to run the program.Click on View > Select Colunms.In addition to already pre-selected options, make sure, the Command Line is selected, and press OK.Go File>Save As, and save the report as Procexp.txt.Attach the file to your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304077/processorram-management/
Relevancy 55.9%

First things first. I got this PC off my brother when he got his new one. Some things are rather disturbing me about it.

For one, it appears to have a Mobile Pentium 4 chipset inside. Now I may feel a bit stupid here but aren't they designed for Laptops?

Another thing is the processor is designed for multiple performance modes. Intel's Processor Advisor tells me the expected speed is 3.06ghz, yet the reported speed is a mere 1.6ghz, just over half of the expectation.

I've already flashed my BIOS in a vain attempt to get it working full speed and the update from the Intel site doesn't work.

Should I buy a new Processor or is there a way to fix this faggotry?

A:Processor Woes. Mobile Pentium 4

If it is a Mobile P4, and it's just reporting 1.6Ghz, it may be in a "power saving mode".

If you fire up a game or a demanding application, it should ramp up to its specified speed.

Although 3.06 Ghz sounds a bit high for a mobile processor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-woes-mobile-pentium-4.74533/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi

I need your opinion. Which one of these Intel processors would be better?

Intel® Pentium® M Processor at 1.6 GHz
or
Mobile Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor supporting Hyper-Threading Technology† at 3.33 GHz

I am having a difficult time deciding. Dell is telling me that the first one is the more advanced. And are no longer offering the second choice.

Any info would be great!!!

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi. If i change in Windows 10 in Power Management from Balanced to Power Saver is this safe for graphic card?
I change from Balanced to Power Saver and fps in benchmark went from 180fps to 50fps. Is there any hardware related changes due to swap from Balanced to Power Saver ?

A:Windows Power Management - Power Saver - is this safe for graphic card

Power Saver attempts to save power by reducing the CPU’s speed all the time and lowering screen brightness, among other similar settings and that may account for your fps drop when benchmarking. Doesn't sound like a good choice for your purposes.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/58466-windows-power-management-power-saver-safe-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 55.9%

What would be the speed of the Athlon XP 1800 be compared to a pentium processor?

Relevancy 55.9%

Hey guys. I joined today because I'm deciding between two laptops and I thought I could use your help.

The laptop will be used for everyday use for the most part but I also play World of Warcraft. The game recommends at least 1g of RAM but most users suggest more. The Acer has more RAM but only a single processor. Any suggestions?

Toshiba - Satellite Laptop with Intel® Celeron® Processor:

Processor: Intel Celeron

Processor Speed: 2.2GHz

System Bus: 800MHz

Cache Memory: 1MB on die Level 2

System Memory (RAM): 2GB

Type of Memory (RAM): DDR2

Hard Drive Type: SATA (5400 rpm)

Computer Hard Drive Size: 250GB

Acer - Aspire Laptop with AMD Athlon? Single-Core Processor

Processor: AMD Athlon?

Processor Speed: 1.6GHz

System Bus: 667MHz

Cache Memory: 512KB on die Level 2

System Memory (RAM): 3GB

Type of Memory (RAM): DDR2

Hard Drive Type: SATA (5400 rpm)

Computer Hard Drive Size: 160GB

A:Toshiba Laptop with Intel Celeron or Acer with AMD Athlon Single-Core Processor?

both of those computers are pretty slow... and single core. the Toshiba is the better buy but the link is dead so you might be out of luck with that anyways. i don't play wow so i can't tell you what i would recommend for hardware. i will just go ahead and make the suggestion to buy something with a Core2Duo, 2GB RAM and a more high-end onboard video adapter for games. the more dedicated video power the better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-with-intel-celeron-or-acer-with-amd-athlon-single-core-processor.138726/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hiya

This document describes how to build Web sites that support browsing by mobile devices. The Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit is used in examples that discuss guidelines and approaches in building multiple-device support into an MCMS site.

System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000

Microsoft Office
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...b3-c4a6-43c5-9b39-ad563938f25a&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/supporting-mobile-devices-with-microsoft-content-management-server-2002-june-24.142001/